Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your all-time favorite DataLounge thread?

Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 293June 28, 2021 6:29 AM

African Baby Catalog

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2017 4:22 AM

OMG there was this awesome thread (still trying to look find it)...I think it was called "Things they keep changing" and this one post was AWESOME. He was talking about how at Woolworths you could get a real hamburger, the kind where the beef is all crumbly and how there used to be a woman in the back skinning potatoes for REAL mashed potatoes. God I fell in love with that man lol. Because I could really relate.

by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2017 4:25 AM

The one by the lunch out masturbator who got caught in the parking lot by his boss. It was funny as hell for an EST.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2017 4:26 AM

R3 thank you. I was just about to post the same thing!

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2017 4:27 AM

My New Neighbor is a Gargoyle was pretty funny too.

I can't believe the speed in which that first thread filled, r4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2017 4:29 AM

Hands down, the notorious lasagna thread!

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2017 4:30 AM

The Colton Haynes threads because DL is the only place people talk about me.

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2017 4:32 AM

The first "Dialing the Phone with a Pencil" thread, which reached its hilarious climax with the poster confessing he performed an entire baton routine to the theme song of "Dallas" which he would perform for his kindly but completely baffled immigrant parents.

My second choice would be "Not Without my Daughter," about the fat daughter accused of stealing a can of frosting, but to be honest the funniest part was the companion thread where someone said it was his lucky day because he had just found an extra can of frosting someone had left behind in their supermarket cart.

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2017 4:35 AM

Call me an "elder"-whatever, but I enjoyed the "Let's Be An Office In The 70s" and "Datalounge In The 80s" threads.

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2017 4:38 AM

The LOTR/MSA (that crazy fat woman) thread; CLOSE second: Sows at the Trough.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2017 4:39 AM

Danny and his suitcase

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2017 4:43 AM

The Draining Spaghetti is so Middle Class was fun and strange. I think some people took it serious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2017 4:44 AM

Don't wish to be accused of derailing the Clooney thread

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2017 4:45 AM

Bea Benadarets christmas party.

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2017 4:45 AM

Libby/Jenna who claimed she had Russel Crow's baby.

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2017 4:45 AM

Not my all time favorite thread but some of my favorite threads have been the Gymnast ones. Specifically the Kathy Johnson Clarke and Gina Goegan threads. Those two threads were hilarious and reminded me of older DL threads. Whenever I need a good laugh I go back and read some of those posts. However, unless you have at least a cursory knowledge of the sport, you probably wouldn't find any of them funny at all.

The thought of some of those gymnasts Googling themselves and finding DL posts about their not so closeted husbands fucking each other still makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2017 4:46 AM

The "Name DL's Signature Fragrance and Describe the Bottle" thread.

by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2017 4:46 AM

Dark Lesbians now and forever. The new I'm Writing a Novel has tremendous potential. I'm rooting for it.

by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2017 4:47 AM

The 70's suburban christmas party

Golden Girls inconsistencies

by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2017 4:51 AM

scary hook-ups and one night stands!

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2017 5:01 AM

I missed most of these! Please post the links to the threads if you can sweeties.

by Anonymousreply 21February 5, 2017 5:07 AM

The Treasure Trail thread about Matthew Morrison -- oops that was ATC!

by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2017 5:13 AM

For r21 - Name DL's Official Fragrance thread....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 5, 2017 5:19 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2017 5:30 AM

The one about people who shit their pants

by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2017 5:34 AM

Jaclyn Smith needs an MRI

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2017 5:43 AM

The First Ladies thread was educational and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 27February 5, 2017 5:52 AM

Loved this one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 5, 2017 6:00 AM

Jodi and Jonathan's wedding

by Anonymousreply 29February 5, 2017 6:58 AM

The Let's pretend we're in a Stevie Nicks video.

by Anonymousreply 30February 5, 2017 7:13 AM

Probably the thread about Jodie, the sister who refused to invite the OP's boyfriend to her wedding, was the most successful con job on DL ever. Despite the giveaways (most memorably, the OP announcing Jodie had posted "WHEN DO THE TEARS STOP?!?" on her FB page, thus giving DL one of its most memorable catchphrases ever), so many posters were sure it was real that they actually found a bride somewhere named Jodie and started harassing her, and the OP had to admit it was all a hoax to stop people harassing this poor unaware woman.

by Anonymousreply 31February 5, 2017 7:53 AM

Once Around The Garden

by Anonymousreply 32February 5, 2017 7:58 AM

Seventies suburban Christmas party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 5, 2017 8:30 AM

"Famous JonBenets Throughout History"

by Anonymousreply 34February 5, 2017 9:31 AM

"I Just Fucked Jani Lane"

by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2017 9:48 AM

Let's be Things at a Lesbian Potluck

by Anonymousreply 36February 5, 2017 9:57 AM

R35, I would like to second that. I had tears of laughter running down my face as the OP was running live commentary. I think it degenerated into a fairly tedious discussion about Jani but it was just wonderful initially.

by Anonymousreply 37February 5, 2017 10:26 AM

The thread by James Franco's dealer's GF. She was a Jersey girl like her big sis, a film actress who kid sis stayed with after moving to Hollywood.

She named names, secrets, dirty linen and lies...she served the "tea," and it was quite delicious. Jersey Girl provided DL an insiders peek into the closets of some well known celebrities. I'm grateful.

by Anonymousreply 38February 5, 2017 11:26 AM

ANY of the Michfest threads are classics! And I am telling you this NOW so I do not have to tell you THEN! I have stated my bounderies. Please respect them!

by Anonymousreply 39February 5, 2017 12:14 PM

The thread about so bad it's enjoyable made for tv-movies and miniseries including classics like "Someone I touched" with Cloris Leachman about syphilis and the herpes movie with Tony Geary and Mark Harmon. The "Imagine hollywoodstudios were run by dataloungers"-thread is also hillarious.

by Anonymousreply 40February 5, 2017 12:20 PM

The saga of Claire with her big flowered purse and fully loaded baked potato.

That was some funny shit.

by Anonymousreply 41February 5, 2017 12:22 PM

🎰🎲🙀🚽💩👜 👠👠🤢

by Anonymousreply 42February 5, 2017 12:23 PM

R38, AIKC, right on. Riveting thread.

by Anonymousreply 43February 5, 2017 12:44 PM

How about Let's Be A Jennifer Aniston Movie? OMFG. Priceless.

by Anonymousreply 44February 5, 2017 12:46 PM

The "Who will stop the rain" thread and some thread about writing posts in the style of Patricia Cornwell.

by Anonymousreply 45February 5, 2017 12:51 PM

I like this one on "Government Controlled Time" about daylight savings time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 5, 2017 1:34 PM

Mrs. Helmut gets struck by a pickle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 5, 2017 1:51 PM

"The Mayor has Declared a Snow Emergency In Boston" was another good one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 5, 2017 1:52 PM

Jill Gets Her Period was deliciously awful.

The dialing a phone with a pencil, of course.

I second the Michfest threads. DL can get mean and misogynistic sometimes, but the best Michfest threads poked fun with a little awe/respect, if not love.

by Anonymousreply 49February 5, 2017 1:55 PM

Kipp & Blaise have a holiday party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 5, 2017 1:56 PM

The McGriddle thread will always hold a special place in my heart. So wonderfully troll-some.

by Anonymousreply 51February 5, 2017 2:04 PM

Cash bars at weddings was also a good one ! Dial the phone with a pencil was a masterpiece !i was laughing so hard 😂

by Anonymousreply 52February 5, 2017 2:07 PM

The ABC insider threads.

The devil talking to Ben Affleck thread.

The let's roll cinnamon roll thread.

by Anonymousreply 53February 5, 2017 2:13 PM

A third vote for James Franco's dealer's GF thread.

by Anonymousreply 54February 5, 2017 2:13 PM

Dialing the Phone with a Pencil was one of the best. It was probably surpassed by the great Red Dragon Cheese thread, or that endless discussion of Bread Pudding.

by Anonymousreply 55February 5, 2017 2:24 PM

The lasagna thread., any thread, really, about Italian-American food. The comedy and drama writes itself!

by Anonymousreply 56February 5, 2017 3:49 PM

"Dialing the Phone with a Pencil," of course.

Also, "Oprah Does Not Walk! Oprah Does Not Do Stairs!"

And, one more just came to mind while reading this thread. Can't remember the exact title, but it was something like "Let's Be Things Said at the Ramsay House That Fateful Christmas Morning." There were some truly sick and hilarious things Patsy might have said.

by Anonymousreply 57February 5, 2017 3:53 PM

The scary hookups thread!

It should be required reading for all gaylings!

by Anonymousreply 58February 5, 2017 3:57 PM

The "celebrities you know to be gay/bi from trustworthy sources"-thread

"Old time hollywood gossip and the things studio publicists tried to cover up".

Smoking hot pastor's wife killed after "failed robbery"

by Anonymousreply 59February 5, 2017 4:26 PM

[quote] How about Let's Be A Jennifer Aniston Movie? OMFG. Priceless.

The word I would use is "worthless." Same difference.

by Anonymousreply 60February 5, 2017 4:29 PM

Is there a link to that Jennifer Aniston thread? I tried to search & couldn't find it.

by Anonymousreply 61February 5, 2017 4:41 PM

Denny Scott Photography

by Anonymousreply 62February 5, 2017 4:41 PM

I CANNOT believe not one of you legacy DL bitches have mentioned the, "I Have My Friend Julie" thread! It and the "African Baby Catalog" thread are true DL classics!

Does anybody have a hand link to the "IHMFJ" thread handy to share with the DL newbies?

by Anonymousreply 63February 5, 2017 4:49 PM

DATALOUNGELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 64February 5, 2017 4:51 PM

Oh and any Wendy vs Iola flamewar thread. They were beyond fabulous and hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 65February 5, 2017 4:54 PM

All the "let's pretend" and "let's be" threads were must-reads.

by Anonymousreply 66February 5, 2017 4:55 PM

The one where AiKC was revealed to be a sock puppeting troll.

by Anonymousreply 67February 5, 2017 5:18 PM

We think not, R67.

by Anonymousreply 68February 5, 2017 5:37 PM

Shit bra. More recently, What You Hate During Sex.

by Anonymousreply 69February 5, 2017 5:46 PM

'Fank you!'

by Anonymousreply 70February 5, 2017 5:48 PM

This one was classic. Don't think I'll ever look at a cruise the same way again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 5, 2017 5:55 PM

The one about coming out. Still can't find it as it was many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 72February 5, 2017 5:57 PM

Turkey meatballs, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 73February 5, 2017 5:59 PM

The Let's Roll threads seem to now be lost, but this one copies and pastes some, back when they were in the archive. Hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 5, 2017 6:08 PM

Clare and Bread Pudding

by Anonymousreply 75February 5, 2017 6:10 PM

I don't often spit while laughing, but, the Beamer Carol did it. I miss Holly Day:

"Up on the housetop, what's that sound?

Pieces of Daddy's plane coming down!

He left his family; it's up to me,

To live off America's sympathy!

Praise the Lord! Can't you afford

Praise the Lord! To pay our room and boo-oooord...

Up on the housetop, bam! pow! maim!

Let's Roll onward to cash in our fame!"

by Anonymousreply 76February 5, 2017 6:10 PM

While we are on a plane theme, the thread about the mother and family who got kicked off a plane for demanding a hot, first class meal for her autistic crotch dropping was a hoot. The discussion devolved into turning the want of a meal into a competition ala American Idol.

by Anonymousreply 77February 5, 2017 6:15 PM

So many great threads have convinced me the Datalounge Hive Mind is infinitely funnier than the writing staffs on virtually every late night show.

by Anonymousreply 78February 5, 2017 6:15 PM

[quote]So many great threads have convinced me the Datalounge Hive Mind is infinitely funnier than the writing staffs on virtually every late night show.

Most of the stuff we obsess about ends up being a joke on [italic]Family Guy[/italic] at one point or another or has been one by now.

by Anonymousreply 79February 5, 2017 6:18 PM

Anything with Erna!

by Anonymousreply 80February 5, 2017 6:33 PM

I used to get a big kick out of the back and forth with that poster who kept pretending to be having Russell Crowe's illegitimate child.

by Anonymousreply 81February 5, 2017 6:39 PM

Does anyone know where to find the "NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER" thread that has to do with stealing frosting?

by Anonymousreply 82February 5, 2017 6:55 PM

The first few Sows at the Trough threads were so funny - because any of us who have worked in an office totally know those coworkers.

I remember one poster talking about days where management would arrange for pizzas to be delivered to the office to be SHARED by employees, and the Office Sows would literally walk up and take an entire pizza back to their desk. Saw it happen with my own two eyes at my office, too.

by Anonymousreply 83February 5, 2017 8:36 PM

R82 A lot of old threads have seemingly been deleted. We were once promised access to a full archive.

by Anonymousreply 84February 5, 2017 8:47 PM

Star Jones wedding thread.

by Anonymousreply 85February 5, 2017 8:55 PM

As much as I love the humorous threads, my favorites are when we discuss different parts of the country ("What's Omaha Like?" "Help! I'm Being Transferred to Topeka," etc.). I learn so much about areas of the country I will probably never visit, they're like little travelogues.

by Anonymousreply 86February 5, 2017 9:42 PM

Meredith Talusan/Chrysanthemum Tran threads have been fun sometimes...

by Anonymousreply 87February 5, 2017 11:28 PM

r35 and r37, yes! And when Jani died I remember the thread got bumped with an, "OP, how are you? You must feel like Jackie Kennedy right now!" I died.

by Anonymousreply 88February 5, 2017 11:51 PM

Lesbian Potluck Wedding Reception (in Jacksonville, Florida)

The African baby adoption thread (socking Madonna, Mia and others)

The Best Ever: Sumerian Housewives

Nippy's Funeral (first Miss W thread. Posts were talking about Whitney Houston and then she died, and it took off from there.)

The Jani Lane thread - another one where someone wrote about having sex with him and then he died!

Gargoyle Neighbor (and the oddly related "Bai Ling on the Roof")

by Anonymousreply 89February 6, 2017 12:16 AM

The heartwarming thread about the waitress who fixded the Down syndrome girl's cheeseburger. I've reread that thread so many times I can quote from it verbatim.

by Anonymousreply 90February 6, 2017 12:35 AM

Oops! I'd meant, "I HATE My Friend Julie."

(Typo - urgh!)

by Anonymousreply 91February 6, 2017 2:17 PM

Stevie Nicks kicking that girl in the cunt bone. An EST but it was almost believable at first.

by Anonymousreply 92February 7, 2017 12:01 AM

Dog Fucks Baby in the Ass

Sumerian Housewives

Alas, I do not have links.

by Anonymousreply 93February 7, 2017 5:14 AM

The Luka Magnotta post which I think has disappeared. He was posting on his own thread while hiding from the law. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 94February 7, 2017 7:42 AM

The "There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane" thread, with one poster doing a hilarious and dead-on imitation of Diane's moronically-in-denial widower Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 95February 7, 2017 9:07 AM

4/5 years ago the Official Tony threads were on FIRE! So goddamn funny, I was crying.

by Anonymousreply 96February 7, 2017 9:28 AM

The DataLounge entrance exam thread.

Where it asks how familiar, well versed one is on all things DataLounge. The lingo, infamous characters, and pop history of DL. There were multiple choice answers.

It was very humorous and fun. I actually learned a thing or two.

by Anonymousreply 97February 7, 2017 9:43 AM

Any link to the devil and Ben Affleck thread?

by Anonymousreply 98February 7, 2017 11:11 AM

I am mortified that you all have forgotten me and how we were in the news together!

by Anonymousreply 99February 7, 2017 2:00 PM

The Mayor has Declared a Snow Emergency In Boston

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 7, 2017 9:58 PM

r95 yes! Danny from Long Guyland! "Those wops were probably thinking about pizza and peppers and sausages, they veered into her, she didn't hit no one!"

by Anonymousreply 101February 7, 2017 10:01 PM

Anyone have the link to the original Jani Lane thread ?

by Anonymousreply 102February 7, 2017 10:14 PM

r102 it was taken down after countless chubby rocker chicks came here and flipped the fuck out that anyone would call tadpole face gay. Too bad, I miss it.

by Anonymousreply 103February 7, 2017 10:50 PM

Where did the breakup at Jasmine Guy's house thing come from?

by Anonymousreply 104February 8, 2017 2:42 AM

aunt diane

by Anonymousreply 105February 8, 2017 3:03 AM

Some of the old Theatre Gossip threads were hilarious. My favorite was when someone, without a hint of irony, started praising Elaine Stritch's "Jazz Sensibilities". Gold

by Anonymousreply 106February 8, 2017 3:27 AM

The first Helen Lawson threads were great.

by Anonymousreply 107February 8, 2017 3:37 AM

Golden Corral Restaurant Reviews

by Anonymousreply 108February 8, 2017 3:51 AM

Don't know the exact title, so I can't find it. But the OP linked to some high school annuals from the 1940's-60's. About a third of the kids had the same last name....brother and sisters or cousins.

You could find the kids of some the original students in the later annuals.

The stories that were told about them all - I do remember a girl wearing a turban in her senior photo - were all great. Then one of the people in the annuals was told about the thread and came on DL to read us all......it was a great lesson in human nature.

by Anonymousreply 109February 8, 2017 3:57 AM

Oh the wacky dominionist troll too! I think that's what he was called, he always had great links to fundie religious couples' pages where they would announce their weddings or holiday plans and they were bizarre, Duggar-esque families, does anyone else remember that? And then he had to leave, I think his last post was maybe 4 years ago but they were great and he would do them weekly. Oh yay, found one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 8, 2017 4:42 AM

This thread is useless without links!

by Anonymousreply 111February 8, 2017 6:15 AM

Dan Motherfuck. The kid who stuck his head out of a party bus and met Mr. Overpass.

The thread got deleted because of the Google search engine. People who searched the story keywords were coming here, and it was too dark for the webmistress so it was zapped. Like all the classic DL threads, it wasn't just the dark wit, but it had a lot of interesting info on it.

Same with the Jani Lane thread. I remember when it got bumped when he died.

by Anonymousreply 112February 8, 2017 6:54 AM

r112 Dan Motherfuck didn't get deleted and I hope it never does! I had forgotten about that one. Here you go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 8, 2017 7:02 AM

r113 doing the sky fairy's work thank you!!

I searched for this around the time it was created and it was gone.

by Anonymousreply 114February 8, 2017 7:13 AM

Wow I had no idea the Jani Lane thread got deleted! I used to go back and reread that for laughs. Probably my favourite.

by Anonymousreply 115February 8, 2017 7:16 AM

r115 I thought the Dan Motherfuck thread was deleted and it wasn't, so who knows. IIRC, the Jani Lane one had a generic title, about sleeping with a D lister or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 116February 8, 2017 7:19 AM

What's the lasagna thread that's being referred to? There have been a lot of spaghetti-themed throwdowns. Which one are you all talking about?

by Anonymousreply 117February 8, 2017 7:33 AM

Freaks You Work With was pretty entertaining. I'd love it if another one took off like that one did.

by Anonymousreply 118February 8, 2017 8:09 AM

Feel free to start one r118. You never know. Sometimes you can't tell which threads will end up gold.

by Anonymousreply 119February 8, 2017 8:17 AM

The original 'What Is Your Favorite Helen Lawson Show?' thread. I worked in a theatrical office of mostly gay men at the time and introduced a lot of people to Datalounge on that thread alone. At times you would literally hear gales of laughter coming from someone's office accompanied by a recitation of some of the latest entries.

by Anonymousreply 120February 8, 2017 8:18 AM

During the last few seasons of Dexter, some insider showed up to give us hints as to what would happen the following week. He'd post artwork and props that would be used the following week. He clearly had permission from the writers or whoever, but it was fun. I think he also had some alter ego who would argue with him, probably to create controversy. The actor who played Masuka would occasionally post photos too.

There seemed to be only a few of us who participated in the thread but it was great while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 121February 8, 2017 8:42 AM

It's a Disgrace!

A non-political thread about a pickle problem, but I get reminded of it every time Donald complains about something, being a disgrace, which is daily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 8, 2017 6:52 PM

Lately, I have enjoyed the Tim O'Tay threads.

by Anonymousreply 123February 8, 2017 6:54 PM

Pickle problems are nothing new. Here Mrs. Helmut was battered by a pickle-pitcher in 1904. I think this was a disgrace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 8, 2017 6:54 PM

Whatever happened to People who Poop in Stores?

by Anonymousreply 125February 8, 2017 8:52 PM

Larry King special on the death of Joan Rivers

by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2017 1:46 PM

The Jim Brown Playgirl one I posted myself.

by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2017 2:31 PM

And all pertaining to Troy Aikman.

by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2017 2:36 PM

The one about the Sociopath pretending to be a doctor

by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2017 2:41 PM

The art of Queefing

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2017 3:29 PM

Helen Lawson Movies/Christmas Specials

Let's Create a Jennifer Aniston Movie

Dialing the Phone with a Pencil/Childhood Indicators You Were Gay/Gayest Moment of Your Childhood

Joan Crawford Goes to the Grocery Store

Larry King Interviews About Celebrity Deaths

Lunchtime Car Masturbator

Dog Fucks Baby in Ass

Things Patsy Ramsey Might Have said to the Police

by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2017 5:16 PM

Some of the Umpster's threads were truly comic gold.

by Anonymousreply 132February 10, 2017 10:09 PM

Blind gossip items. Guessing is so fun, and seeing some of other poster's speculations, you might learn something new about another other celebrity's skeletons.

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2017 8:42 AM

A second vote for "Joan Crawford goes to the grocery store" the best part = "She never ate MY red weirdo - Tallulah". I also remember a thread where someone misspelled "Joan Crawford" and wrote "Joan Crawor". Someone replied using bad English saying he was the actress Joan Crawor from Eastern Europe. I can't remember it exactly, but the first time I read it, I couldn't stop laughing.

by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2017 11:27 AM

Speaking of bad English....

The Homosex threads, of course!

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2017 3:31 PM

The one Homosex thread I could find

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2017 3:32 PM

And R8 of this thread is, I think, a copy of the first Homoisex thread......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2017 3:34 PM

I like any thread with a Moose in it.

by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2017 6:42 PM

Bumping this to add a new classic in the making, Woman Dies After She Falls Off Escalator...

by Anonymousreply 139April 29, 2017 5:01 AM

And the daytime Emmy goes to...

"The WTC is an insatiable bottom."

by Anonymousreply 140April 29, 2017 5:56 AM

People Who Poop in Stores. Damn, I wish there was still a link.

by Anonymousreply 141April 29, 2017 6:00 AM

So many good ones!

- Melissa GIlbert and her shit-bra. (Someone said she was asked about it on a podcast and just laughed it off). - Barbara Cook needing to bang on the radiator with an old boot to get heat in her apartment in the middle of a dinner party she was throwing. - "Not running a bed & breakfast here." (About a hookup where after they got off, the guy asked for a towel and the host told him he wasn't running a b & b). - Any posts extolling the acting prowess of Bonnie Franklin as Anne Romano - always slapping her hand against her forehead exclaiming: "DAMMIT, BARBARA!!" "GOD, JULIE!" - Deidre Hall refusing to wear the AIDS ribbon, where someone updates it for every single national tragedy or cause and has Deidre refusing to participate. - The underwear troll - forget what it was about but it devolved into some guy talking about the meticulous manner in which he washed his underwear and that even if he farts during the day, he considers that going to the bathroom, so he needs to treat it the same way. - Rob and his cheese farts. - Weird things our parents did where one guy went on and on about how his mother kept journals on her bathroom habits - every bowel movement and every time she peed meticulously marked down and described.

by Anonymousreply 142April 29, 2017 6:37 AM

The McGriddle thread from last Summer will always hold a special place in my heart. It's where I came of DataLounge age and learned what pointless bitchery is all about..

by Anonymousreply 143April 29, 2017 7:25 AM

Once Around The Garden

by Anonymousreply 144April 29, 2017 7:37 AM

Erna threads

by Anonymousreply 145April 29, 2017 9:18 AM

The endless Instagram whore threads

by Anonymousreply 146October 25, 2017 11:59 AM

Jill Gets Her Period

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 25, 2017 12:08 PM

Sharon Tate thread - epic, insane fangurling, 601 replies about an obscure starlet.

by Anonymousreply 148October 25, 2017 12:09 PM

The Larry King ones.

by Anonymousreply 149October 25, 2017 12:11 PM

"Jackie on Assistance"

Classic DL B*tchiness and hilarity-

by Anonymousreply 150October 25, 2017 12:44 PM

The Christmas Moose forever and ever, amen.

by Anonymousreply 151October 25, 2017 2:03 PM

“Moose!”, I say!

by Anonymousreply 152October 25, 2017 2:08 PM

The thread about Mimi’s hair was hilarious and interesting. It had everything from historical geopolitics to detailed explanations about why her hair really did look like that.

I love the Corelle thread. Something about it is so soothing, and I learned a lot about dishware.

by Anonymousreply 153October 25, 2017 2:35 PM

I loved the insider political threads. One had a comment that was written by someone who worked for a lobbying firm. His take was that all these politicians put on acts and that they seldom believe what they actually say to the public. He also said something about Sarah Palin and Rachel Maddow flirting...? I actually saved it and printed it out, but I've moved several times and bought two computers since then and can't find it. Does anyone remember this one?

I wish we had more political insiders posting here.

by Anonymousreply 154October 25, 2017 3:21 PM

The Danny/ Denny thread about the overweight Midwestern gay dragging his rolling carryon through Manhattan looking for hookups was hysterical.

The I'm Not Running a Bed&Breakfast/ Turkey Meatball thread was a classic too.

The Washington lawyer murder/ Soft Butch Sous-Chef threads were fantastic too, in a different way. DLers were always claiming that we helped solve the murder because someone posted here that a friend of theirs had tricked with the victim, and we encouraged them to tell the police about his double life.

by Anonymousreply 155October 25, 2017 3:34 PM

I second R15

by Anonymousreply 156October 25, 2017 3:51 PM

My husband and I have been breaking out in laughter all day over that Jaclyn Smith thread. That is the best title for a thread ever. Our new signature insult is going to be "I think you need and MRI or something."

by Anonymousreply 157October 25, 2017 8:04 PM

Another vote for James Franco's dealer's GF, a.k.a. Cocaine Gossip Girl a.k.a. Drug Dealer Girl, thread. She spilled the tea and had receipts. No silly games playing coy with names leading people on wild guessing games. And r38, she's the Hollywood actress' cousin, not sister.

by Anonymousreply 158October 29, 2017 12:28 PM

Bellagio Horror

The 'dark forces' house thread

The DL variety/department store thread

by Anonymousreply 159October 29, 2017 1:06 PM

The "Possum in the Drawer" thread, which also spawned the Griselda Medina in Juanita's desk post.

by Anonymousreply 160October 29, 2017 1:09 PM

Let's Be Fatal Attraction Thread.

by Anonymousreply 161October 29, 2017 2:26 PM

For a short time we had today in gay history threads. They were insightful and entertaining. Wish that guy had continued posting. He was so knowledgeable.

by Anonymousreply 162October 29, 2017 2:33 PM

The one about the temp employee in his car in the parking lot masturbating at lunch time; was quite unusual.

by Anonymousreply 163October 29, 2017 2:40 PM

I like the "list" ones, where lots of people contribute. Examples: the signature fragrance threads, DL's favorite mystery novel, DL's favorite memoirs. etc.

by Anonymousreply 164October 29, 2017 3:13 PM

The thread about Joan Crawford running for President. Her version of the ACA = The Affordable Couture Act”

The original Clock Boy threads

The DL Convention at the Jacob Javitz Center

The Blind Gossip item thread about a “unique in her niche” entertainer who became a recluse and almost reconciled with her long lost love before “something happened” and now she’s terrified she’ll meet up with her sexual abuser at some industry event and it’ll all come out. Guesses included Kate Bush and Lisa Bonet. We never solved it.

by Anonymousreply 165October 29, 2017 3:15 PM

The Margarine Fountain, of course. Got me hooked on DL in the first place. Still makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 166October 29, 2017 3:18 PM

The butterfish thread.

by Anonymousreply 167October 29, 2017 3:21 PM

The "DL Five-and-Dime store" thread was hilarious. The "shopkeeper" wanted to know what needed to be stocked or reordered. Well, the Dataloungers' requests, stimulated by olden memories and creative juices, created one of the best "trip down memory lane" threads ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 29, 2017 3:30 PM

The "Music Legend and Cultural Icon Dionne Warwick Here" thread had me laughing so hard my sides hurt.

by Anonymousreply 169October 29, 2017 3:52 PM

This one was good:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 29, 2017 4:08 PM

As was this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 29, 2017 4:09 PM

Gargoyle on the ledge:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 29, 2017 4:10 PM

My favorite was a thread written from the point of view of celeb children and also the Fanning centers.

My favorite line was from Maddox Jolie, "Party at my house...Zahara bringing the blow."

by Anonymousreply 173January 4, 2018 9:07 PM

R173 here, sorry. I think I meant the Fanning "girls" or something!

by Anonymousreply 174January 4, 2018 9:08 PM

This must be the "Bump Up Old Threads" Troll. Again.

by Anonymousreply 175January 4, 2018 9:32 PM

R175, is that bad?

by Anonymousreply 176January 4, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote] Star Jones wedding thread.

Ditto. The Golden Age of Datalounge. The wit in that thread! These bitches brought their serious A-game. Star and Al cried themselves to sleep every night for months until their lawyers had it removed. I think many of the DL-ers of that era have moved on to the Datalounge in the sky -- RIP.

by Anonymousreply 177January 5, 2018 12:47 AM

Some of the entries had me laughing hard.

Especially the Mel Gibson as Imperial Wizard of KKK one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 8, 2018 1:57 PM

I loved one a few years back called something like "Fuck you, Chelsea Boys!" But I can't find it anymore

by Anonymousreply 179February 8, 2018 2:59 PM

The DL classic about the guy in the Midwest pretending to be a doctor and getting jobs at Gay organizations--Jose Rodriguez-Diaz.

Pops up from time to time with updates

by Anonymousreply 180February 8, 2018 3:00 PM

Gay PDA! Sam Smith and his boyfriend is turning into a classic already.

by Anonymousreply 181February 28, 2018 3:23 PM

THE BLACK SLIPPER thread was everything to me, the first thing I ever read on DL.

I can't even find it now!

by Anonymousreply 182February 28, 2018 3:29 PM

Read this one before it disappears, too.

The Datalounge Fallout Shelter.

Every whacked out Datalounge character that ever existed Is forced to hole up together in a shelter, facing armageddon and bitching about the amenities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183February 28, 2018 8:19 PM

Real life hot dudes and their dudes, is very cute 😍

by Anonymousreply 184February 28, 2018 8:24 PM

I arrived at DL in about 2002, while searching for 9/11 info. Of course the "WTC Is An Insatiable Bottom" was an instant favourite....compelling reading months later, I can only imagine its impact in real time.

Other favourites: "Free Refills", "Red Dragon Cheese", and "Once Around The Garden" ***I have even used that phrase while going to restaurant buffets.

A new best-ever is"Household life in the 1960s-1970s" - Part One filled up in less than two days, and is probably the thread I have most-ever contributed to, about eight posts maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 1, 2018 12:56 AM

The anti-pickle thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 1, 2018 2:21 AM

I FUCKED JANI LANE, for sure.

FANK YOU had me in stitches

I really got pulled into "I'M IN LUST WITH MY COUSIN" threads - a 3 part series the end of which OP suddenly and mysteriously disappeared - to much speculation

DOG FUCKS BABY IN THE ASS was a classic

the first I HAVE TO SHARE A ROOM WITH MY NEPHEW AT THANKSGIVING - variations of which have now become a holiday tradition - and which also spawned the perennial DL character Uncle Bottom.

But the greatest thread of all was the 9/11 thread with the infamous assertion that "The World Trade Center Is An Insatiable Bottom". Proud to say, I was around to witness that historic thread unfold.

by Anonymousreply 187March 1, 2018 4:20 AM

anything about Lisa Beemer and her "Let's Roll" breakfast rolls....

by Anonymousreply 188March 1, 2018 6:43 AM

The Fadi Fawaz thread where the Spaz Troll makes up a rumour about George Michael trying to commit suicide in the Maldives. Everyone on the thread believes Spaz. Fadi takes to Twitter with DL screen grabs to call Spaz out and then Pink News makes an article about it all.

The Spaz Troll's finest hour.

by Anonymousreply 189April 15, 2018 12:07 PM

r189 I had no idea that thread got so crazy! But it's still not as creepy as the Sam Heughan threads; that shit is stalker central.

by Anonymousreply 190April 15, 2018 12:12 PM

Anyone have a link for r9's fav 'Let's Be An Office In The 70s'? Can't seem to find it in the archives.

by Anonymousreply 191July 24, 2018 2:44 PM

Link for "Let's Be Things Said at the Ramsay House That Fateful Christmas Morning"?.

by Anonymousreply 192July 24, 2018 3:04 PM

Also, anyone have a link for the initial thread for the program major book troll (PMBT)?

by Anonymousreply 193July 24, 2018 3:10 PM

Azalea queen! But I can't find in archives :-(

by Anonymousreply 194July 24, 2018 3:10 PM

Cilantro!

by Anonymousreply 195July 24, 2018 3:20 PM

Hands down, my favorite all time thread: Parts 1 and 2 of " Who is the Nastiest Person On Broadway"

Priceless gossip about Bacall, Mckellen, Mirren, Nathan Lane and many others by legit insiders.. back when DL had such creatures.

Part 1 at link

Will link Part 2 in next post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 24, 2018 3:29 PM

Part 2 at link

Hands down, my favorite all time thread: Parts 1 and 2 of " Who is the Nastiest Person On Broadway"

Priceless gossip about Bacall, Mckellen, Mirren, Nathan Lane and many others by legit insiders.. back when DL had such creatures.

Part 1 at link

Will link Part 2 in next post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 24, 2018 3:31 PM

Sows at the Trough thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 24, 2018 3:32 PM

The Guido dog thread

by Anonymousreply 199July 24, 2018 3:34 PM

The Once "round the Garden/Autumn Harvest thread.

by Anonymousreply 200July 24, 2018 3:37 PM

Damn! Teresa Guidice has some ugly kids. Sadly the thread seems to be gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 24, 2018 3:37 PM

I think of the Sows at the Trough thread so many times.

The poster who said that on pizza days, some of his coworkers would run like heifers in a stampede and take an entire pizza box to their desks.......have lived that myself.

by Anonymousreply 202July 24, 2018 3:40 PM

The whatever happened to your bully (particularly the poster who not only told of his story with a female bully but actually posted a link to prove she had died smashed by concrete falling off a scaffold or something in a publicized incident.).

The one what secrets are you currently keeping was good too.

by Anonymousreply 203July 24, 2018 3:52 PM

okay, after the nastiest person on Broadway threads.. Sows at the Trough is my second favorite.. read it at link and prepare to howl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 24, 2018 4:00 PM

R169 I miss those threads, but someone got a bug up their ass about them, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 205July 24, 2018 4:10 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 206July 24, 2018 4:28 PM

I do remember a hysterical thread about conjuring David Ehrenstein.

And either R83/R202 is the same person, or two people have coworkers who are fat whores!

by Anonymousreply 207July 24, 2018 4:36 PM

Red Dragon Cheese was the first time I logged in to DL at home (this was when I had dial up at home).

The Katie Holmes escape from Tom Cruise saga unfolded over a weekend and I was riveted.

The original DL Thanksgiving threads were great, the last few years, not so much.

The takedown of Phrophetess Juanita Bynum's birthday gift grab (she's since come out as a lesbian, but still a holy rolling grifter)

I guess the James Franco's drug dealer's gf thread was when I was on DL hiatus, I would have liked to read that one.

by Anonymousreply 208July 24, 2018 4:45 PM

Hello....Sumerian Housewives here

by Anonymousreply 209July 24, 2018 5:42 PM

r192 Things Patsy Ramsey may have said to the police thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 24, 2018 9:08 PM

Another vote for the Datalounge Fallout Shelter. Link posted upthread. Some really great writing in that one. Of course it devolved as these threads tend to do, but for the most part it was a laugh riot.

by Anonymousreply 211July 24, 2018 9:11 PM

The 'backwards old queen' with the ungrateful niece.

by Anonymousreply 212July 24, 2018 9:20 PM

Bai Ling on the roof

by Anonymousreply 213July 26, 2018 5:10 PM

Dylan Geick Z^14

by Anonymousreply 214July 26, 2018 5:23 PM

Like you even have to ask.

by Anonymousreply 215July 26, 2018 5:34 PM

Not technically a thread but I love DL for introducing me to these clips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 29, 2018 10:47 PM

BILL TAYLOR. BLESSINGS!!!

by Anonymousreply 217July 29, 2018 10:59 PM

Anyone that features the Bubba lubba lubba lipton song.

by Anonymousreply 218July 31, 2018 2:41 PM

[quote] Star Jones wedding thread.

Nothing like it since. Vicious and heartless and shameful. And every 3rd post was LOL funny. So much wit. It's such a shame it was deleted.

by Anonymousreply 219July 31, 2018 6:59 PM

R219, can you give us an example of the wit on the Star Jones wedding thread?

by Anonymousreply 220August 1, 2018 12:23 AM

Bread pudding/Claire

by Anonymousreply 221August 1, 2018 12:30 AM

Here are four of my favorites:

Government Controlled by Time. It’s for when the clocks change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 2, 2018 12:30 AM

And...

The Mayor has Declared a Snow Emergency In Boston

This is for when government overreacts to the obvious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 2, 2018 12:31 AM

And...

It’s a disgrace!

For when you’re bothered by a pickle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 2, 2018 12:33 AM

And...

Doe anyone here know any baseball rules?

For when you're invited to a baseball game.

Those are my favorites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225August 2, 2018 12:34 AM

^ that thread had this gem which still makes me laugh: "In the middle of the 7th, it is traditional to stand and stretch. Do not present hole." Especially since the OP took that tip seriously, as if he would have presented hole had he not been advised to not do so.

by Anonymousreply 226August 2, 2018 12:40 AM

R2 from that thread,

[quote] I've read and analyzed your post. You're in no danger of catching a ball.

I'm dying.

by Anonymousreply 227August 2, 2018 12:43 AM

"Possum in the Drawer" thread was hysterical and gave us the invaluable gift that is Griselda Medina.

by Anonymousreply 228August 2, 2018 12:44 AM

This is going way back. A plea from Liza saying, "Help. I'm being held prisoner by David Gest!"

Don't remember the title, but there was some snotty bitch who claimed to have been a supermodel from France who had slept with some now forgotten actor so somebody started a thread from her perspective, all written in pidgin English with a French accent. One of her suitors was Jodie Foster, who came to get her in a "truck de la pick-up."

by Anonymousreply 229August 2, 2018 1:48 AM

Wolves and otters, theys my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 230August 2, 2018 1:52 AM

It's a recent one, but the (now deleted) XXXTentacion thread was hilarious. I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell for laughing that much at a thread about a murder.

by Anonymousreply 231August 2, 2018 1:53 AM

I am rather fond of this thread:

You may recall, the Washington Evening Star thought it newsworthy on May 21, 1904 to report that “Mrs Helmus, who lives at 10th and B Streets northwest, was struck on the chest with a cucumber...The cucumber was thrown by some unknown person.”

It is also my favorite historical mystery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 3, 2018 1:08 AM

The travel threads are pretty cool. The strange and creepy places thread. The serial killer threads.

by Anonymousreply 233August 3, 2018 1:26 AM

The thread about the married DC lawyer killed by the Soft Butch Sous Chef.

by Anonymousreply 234August 3, 2018 1:28 AM

All of the Bunnika threads.

by Anonymousreply 235August 3, 2018 1:33 AM

This one was one of my favourites.

Post: They should give DL what it really wants and post a pic of his hole.

Reply: His neck?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236August 10, 2018 4:09 AM

The thread about the toddler presenting hole in their parents' restaurant was good, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 10, 2018 7:35 PM

I liked this thread title:

“Murderous Fattie on the Lam”

by Anonymousreply 238August 11, 2018 2:11 AM

Dark Lesbians

by Anonymousreply 239August 13, 2018 7:57 AM

The Democrats need a different playbook. Avenatti is it. Kamala ain't. Maybe as Veep. They'd make a gorgeous couple that will excite the public. People vote from the gut not the head. No wonks needed without sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 240August 13, 2018 4:11 PM

R240 except I think after the Trump disaster, the voting public will be less likely to elect someone with no public office / political experience for the highest office in the land, again.

by Anonymousreply 241August 13, 2018 4:13 PM

Oh I wouldn't worry about that. Americans have the attention span and memory of a midge.

by Anonymousreply 242August 13, 2018 4:18 PM

Nothing will ever top the DataLounge theme park threads, which were updated with maps to the park showcasing all of the attractions. Those were the days!

by Anonymousreply 243August 13, 2018 5:41 PM

My eyes started to glaze over as I scrolled through this thread... has anyone included links to the early Helen Lawsons? Very early, these were hysterical. Unfortunately it went on too long.

I also loved the Brooklyn pizzaria thread... there were the parents, the sister, the young (gay) Italian boy and and Irish family associated with them. It too went off the rails after 600 posts, but man some of it was delightful and i think, worthy of a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 244August 13, 2018 5:58 PM

BEA BENADARETS XMAS PARY

by Anonymousreply 245August 13, 2018 6:01 PM

Forgive me if someone has already mentioned the immortal "Dog fucks baby in the ass."

by Anonymousreply 246August 13, 2018 6:13 PM

Young so. Of neighbour Joel and dog Mitzi

by Anonymousreply 247August 13, 2018 6:21 PM

Oh man, I should not have done a search... The Helen Lawson Christmas Special thread from 2009!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 13, 2018 6:35 PM

Here's the Dog Fucks Baby in the Ass! thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 13, 2018 6:47 PM

Victorian Era Datalounge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 13, 2018 6:54 PM

The Data Lounge Retirement Haven

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251August 13, 2018 7:01 PM

Let's be a suburban Seventies Christmas party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 13, 2018 7:07 PM

Soft Butch Sous Chef

by Anonymousreply 253August 13, 2018 7:12 PM

I was the OP of that, R250. Hours of fun.

by Anonymousreply 254August 13, 2018 7:12 PM

I don't have time to scroll through 254 replies:

But surely, this thread must be in there:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255August 14, 2018 2:39 PM

/ / / “OH FANK YOU! You fixded my cheeseburger!” / / /

by Anonymousreply 256August 14, 2018 2:41 PM

"How To Make It In Hollywood" by Tami Erin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 14, 2018 3:55 PM

Bumping because this is a funny thread

by Anonymousreply 258October 13, 2018 1:49 AM

Dionne Warwick forevah

by Anonymousreply 259October 13, 2018 2:05 AM

"Well I never in all my life!"

"Ma'yam, ma'yam"

Pure. Fucking. Gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 13, 2018 2:08 AM

Bai Ling on the roof

Red Dragon cheese thread

the "Let's Pretend" threads

anything posted by Blue Agave

by Anonymousreply 261October 13, 2018 2:11 AM

I love the old Hollywood threads. Van Johnson, Golden Age Queen was one of the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262July 16, 2019 9:22 AM

For a while someone was posting excerpts from Hollywood memoirs and bios. The Richard Burton diaries thread was my favorite of these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263July 16, 2019 9:24 AM

# the troll who loves alam the cute ho boy . hilarious

the terry miller stuff, makes me laff, grouopies pine on...

by Anonymousreply 264July 16, 2019 11:36 AM

I must admit I get a huge chuckle from both those trolls

more .

the ones with negative shit can suk turds. this is a fun fantasy site !!!!! git happy

by Anonymousreply 265July 18, 2019 4:25 PM

Let's be...1971/2/3/4 etc...

'70s threads in general

Let's be Julia.

by Anonymousreply 266July 18, 2019 4:30 PM

and Let's be Fatal Attraction

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267July 18, 2019 4:32 PM

"Why are Straight Me so Stupid?"

by Anonymousreply 268July 18, 2019 4:40 PM

As someone who's been reading and posting here for nearly 20 years, I'm scrolling through this thread and laughing my ass off. So many great memories. "Dialing the Phone With a Pencil" is iconic, but I think I miss the Michfest threads more than actual Michfest. And not just for all the allergy-free nutloaf recipes!

by Anonymousreply 269July 18, 2019 4:52 PM

Once Around The Garden.

by Anonymousreply 270July 18, 2019 10:05 PM

[quote]As someone who's been reading and posting here for nearly 20 years, I'm scrolling through this thread and laughing my ass off.

I've also been here a very long time and hardly recognise any of them. It just shows, we all have our own [bold]totally different[/bold] experiences of this place.

by Anonymousreply 271July 18, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote]As much as I love the humorous threads, my favorites are when we discuss different parts of the country ("What's Omaha Like?" "Help! I'm Being Transferred to Topeka," etc.). I learn so much about areas of the country I will probably never visit, they're like little travelogues.

All you learn is what "shitholes" they are.

By R10 the person who's moving there will be slitting his wrists.

by Anonymousreply 272July 18, 2019 10:32 PM

The Handsome Women thread was very enlightening.

by Anonymousreply 273July 18, 2019 10:38 PM

I found the old One Million Moms thread a little earlier—I didn't really follow it the first time and I've been cackling my ass off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274November 4, 2019 4:45 AM

My New Neighbor Is A Gargoyle. Possibly the best bit is the video OP shot of said neighbour and uploaded to YouTube complete with soundtrack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 18, 2021 9:22 AM

The first thread of the Aaron Rodgers saga. Because 7 years later and the threads are still going and we’re at Part 30 now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 18, 2021 9:36 AM

There were some very disturbing stories in the linked thread. But it was interesting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277June 18, 2021 9:38 AM

"Let's Be An Antique Mall"

Second place: the early "Dangling Tendrils" threads.

by Anonymousreply 278June 18, 2021 9:48 AM

[quote]My New Neighbor is a Gargoyle was pretty funny too.

Omg, thank you R5! I must have completely missed that one. Laughing my ass off as I type.

by Anonymousreply 279June 18, 2021 10:40 AM

Anything Candy Spelling or Candy Spelling adjacent, she is the epitome of no class too much money and exists purely to be mocked.

And Juliet Robert’s IS Harriet Tubman.

by Anonymousreply 280June 18, 2021 11:05 AM

[quote]And Juliet Robert’s IS Harriet Tubman.

Double "oh, dear."

by Anonymousreply 281June 18, 2021 1:04 PM

Let's be a Brooklyn pizza parlor in 1990 NYC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 22, 2021 2:32 AM

I can’t pinpoint one, but I am always amused by the the threads about absurd stuff. The ones where the OP claims that a “straight friend” spent the night in their bed, or dry humped them. Shit like that. They often write long and elaborate posts that come off as tumblr fanfic shit. That garbage makes me laugh. I also love the “Dear Abby” style dilemmas.

by Anonymousreply 283June 22, 2021 2:38 AM

There was a thread from several years ago in which eldergays/lesbians shared their experiences living through the early years of the AIDS epidemic. It wasn't light subject matter obviously, but it was powerful, informative and incredibly poignant - one of the most amazing threads I've read here and one of the reasons I keep coming back.

by Anonymousreply 284June 22, 2021 2:50 AM

So many classics here. I would add Susielee's wonderful authentic showbiz tales.

by Anonymousreply 285June 22, 2021 2:56 AM

You have to include the original punctuation: "Dog fucks baby in the ass!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 22, 2021 2:57 AM

As mentioned above: "Child Presents Hole in Restaurant, Sparking Controversy"

A family-run vegan cafe where the children run naked and free among the diners got our attention; then when the "mama bear" got mad we got really interested:

[quote]I am about to start calling out names and pictures of people who leave us bad reviews, especially when it deals with our children. You will no longer be allowed to come and dine at Imagine. We do not need or want your business. Be our guest to go and eat at the other vegan restaurants down the street. This is going to be fun!!!! You've throughly irritated mama bear!!!!!!!!!!!!

But when ANOTHER customer said they were eating when said child shat on the floor of the restaurant ... well, history was made:

[quote]I was there just two weeks ago and the same child ran naked for at least 20 mins before an adult did something. After the deficated on the floor is actually when the adult stepped in. This establishment is disgusting and should have child protective services step in and investigate. Than the two Mexicans argued over who was gonna clean it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 22, 2021 3:09 AM

It’s a three way tie.

The one about dead bodies on Mount Everest

The one about Marilyn’s dead body (oh dear I see a pattern arising)

The EST about the temp who was masturbating in his car during lunch

by Anonymousreply 288June 22, 2021 3:14 AM

"Going viral were a diner's criticisms in an online Google review that the owners' 22-month-old child not only had run around naked in the dining area for 15 minutes but had bent over to expose her rectum and stood on a table with her dirty feet."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289June 22, 2021 3:14 AM

I really enjoyed the New Jersey snow shoveling murders and suicide thread but my favorite was "Let's be a Prissy Queen's Dinner Party." It was so hilarious and clever, I shall never for get it.

Sadly, I couldn't find it, I'd love to read it again.

by Anonymousreply 290June 22, 2021 3:22 AM

Lesbian horror movie titles.

by Anonymousreply 291June 22, 2021 3:42 AM

BILL TAYLOR GETTING RAPED ON A DISNEY CRUISE BY GOOFY IN HIS SIGNATURE BLUE PANTS.

by Anonymousreply 292June 28, 2021 5:19 AM

The one about tge 1996 Everest disaster was riveting. Krakauer's book and how much Anatoli Boukreev was responsible for what happened.

One thread about Johnny Depp's very dark side, totally creeped me out. The disappeared of Anthony Fox.

A very funny was about Burt Lancaster posing nude and one young ignoramus didn't know who Lancaster was and he was insulted left and right.

by Anonymousreply 293June 28, 2021 6:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!