Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's a Disgrace!

I ordered a Big Mac with "no pickle", and they gave me one with a pickle. I was in the Drive-Thru, so there was NO RECOURSE!

by Anonymousreply 153October 21, 2019 4:54 AM

You should whinge about it on twatter, Mary OP.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2016 4:18 PM

Well, in the interest of saving us all from this kind of thread in the future, there IS recourse, OP. I believe most, if not all, fast food restaurants now have designated spots for drive-thru customers to pull over and park if they have a problem with their order. Sometimes an employee actually comes out. If not, when you go in and inform them, they tell you that you can wait in your car and someone will bring out a corrected food order. Which the employees like to do because it means they get to walk outside for a fleeting moment.

Having said this, I did love your thread title and description and poll.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2016 4:23 PM

1) The pickle is pretty much the saving grace of a big make, and makes it worth eating

2) If you're stupid and weird enough to not want pickles, THEY'RE EASY TO PICK OFF

3) You realize there are pickles in the big mac sauce, right? It's just thousand island dressing. Which has pickle relish in it.

4) You're an idiot. ' 5) I hate you.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2016 4:24 PM

The staff does not make a fresh to order burger for no pickle - so whether you pull it off or they do, it tastes the same.

If you are actually making a custom order so that you get a fresh burger made just for you, you need to order it without something that is more difficult to remove - like no mustard or no onions.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2016 4:30 PM

You should have got out of your vehicle while it was parked in the middle of the drive-thru, thus causing a pile-up, stopping them from doing any more business, dropped to yo knees, while holding the offending pickle in the air and weeping, weeping copiously, rising to a scream, as you swayed to the left, swayed to the right, then howling as you beat your chest with the egregious pickle...

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2016 4:34 PM

........then went into a corner and curled up in the fetal position, rocking back and forth in a pool of your own urine and feces.

Thus, the event ends in tears.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2016 4:36 PM

I don't know where you live, R4, but where I live they make fresh burgers if you order with no pickle. Also if they fuck up and put one on, they make another one for you if you insist. It's easier than arguing from their point of view.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2016 4:37 PM

Here have mine I always throw it away anyway.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2016 4:37 PM

This is the Datalounge there is always a recourse- you should have driven back, gone inside and hurled the burger at the staff like a spoiled Olympian.

The question you should be asking here is what should you have been screaming at the staff as you threw the burger.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2016 4:37 PM

"DIE IN A GREASE FIRE"

thread closed

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2016 4:47 PM

wait. isn't McDonald's food all made from the same base substance anyway, like their French fries use the same granules they put in the milkshakes, just pressed together and fried? just swipe your card and eat your soylent, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2016 4:58 PM

I was at the market today and painfully injured when someone threw a cucumber at me and struck me in the chest.

I think that's a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2016 1:08 AM

Just get hopped up on meth and tell them not to make you assume your ultimate form.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2016 1:13 AM

Yummers . Now I want a Big Mac.

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2016 1:32 AM

Just don't let them throw any pickles at you, R14. Because that would be a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2016 1:35 AM

It's wrong! SHOCKINGLY wrong!

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2016 1:40 AM

I was in line at the very same McDonalds drive through a few years ago, and the squawk box was so bad they always though when I said "hold the pickle" that I was saying "double pickle", so you can imagine what a disgrace that could be; so this one time I said "with no pickle" and the kid repeated it back to me as "with double pickle". Without thinking I immediately shouted back "NO, GODDAMIT". I was so embarrassed, I couldn't even bring myself to apologize. Now [italic]that [/italic]was a disgrace!

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2016 1:43 AM

I'll tell you what a disgrace is. Having to ask for ketchup now. I always forget and then don't have any ketchup.

DISGRACEFUL!

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2016 2:14 AM

Take the fucking pickle off the fucking burger you big fucking goddamn baby.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2016 2:28 AM

I agree with R18, that is a disgrace.

I do not agree with R19, for reasons already well known to him.

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2016 2:47 AM

[quote]they always though when I said "hold the pickle" that I was saying "double pickle"

Something similar happened to a coworker who treated herself to a Wendy's burger every Friday. For two consecutive weeks, she asked for "no ketchup, no mustard" and got no toppings but ketchup and mustard. The first week, she just grumbled a bit and ate it, but the second week, she took it back to be made correctly. The third week, the cashier remembered her, swore they would get it right that time and confirmed it with the cook. "No ketchup, no mustard, right?"

So, my coworker got back to her office, unwrapped her burger and found that it did, indeed, have "no ketchup, no mustard." Also "no meat."

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2016 3:45 AM

R21 The brats that work there should be lucky that they have a deskilled environment available to them in which their feeble minds can actually perform any amount of labour required to provide some kind of goods or service. She should have them fired any which way. They can smile and make the fucking burger and they can like it or they can lose their job.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2016 3:59 AM

I forgot to mention that "it's a complete disgrace".

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2016 4:00 AM

Just lucky you didn't order a McRib...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2016 7:27 AM

[quote] 2) If you're stupid and weird enough to not want pickles, THEY'RE EASY TO PICK OFF

FUCK YOU, R3! Pickles are fucking DISGUSTING! And picking them off is NOT enough, they still leave behind their disgusting flavour!

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2016 8:13 AM

What kind of dumbass orders a burger without a certain topping and then doesn't check to make sure the idiots got it right?

I *always* check my no mustard/no pickle burgers before pulling away from the window or before walking away from the counter.

And if they *do* fuck up my burger, I make sure to pull off a chunk before handing it to them so that they *have* to make me a new one, instead of pulling off the pickle and giving me back the same gross burger.

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2016 8:18 AM

You know what's really good? The A-1 burger at Burger King, add extra pickles and extra onions, add mayo (along with the A-1 sauce).

Bring it home and put a little Worcestershire sauce on it.

OMG.

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2016 8:25 AM

"Do you think this rises to the level of being a disgrace?"

It's more of a 'Pretty Pickle.'

by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2016 8:46 AM

I thought McD has its sandwich making down to a science.

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2016 12:45 PM

They do, R29, that's why I think it's a complete and total disgrace and why they should apologize.

by Anonymousreply 30September 5, 2016 3:09 AM

I was kind-sorta hoping that this thread was going to be hijacked by anybody else who came into contact with anything that could be called a disgrace, especially since a certain political someone (or no one, depending on your viewpoint), keeps calling just about everything that doesn't go his way "a disgrace".

In fact, DataLounge, your failure to do so is a complete and total disgrace. There, I said it!

by Anonymousreply 31September 5, 2016 3:14 AM

R29, it's their "McSandwich making". Get it straight.

by Anonymousreply 32September 5, 2016 3:15 AM

Poor people are dreary, and fat, poor people are even more of a nuisance. That is the real disgrace here--your pathetic life, OP.

by Anonymousreply 33September 5, 2016 3:15 AM

R3 is also an idiot but scores points for adding the "I hate you" bullit point which made me doubletake and laugh twice.

by Anonymousreply 34September 5, 2016 3:18 AM

R33, I prefer my pathetic Mclife, to your dreary, joyless McComment.

by Anonymousreply 35September 5, 2016 3:21 AM

Throw that shade, Missy-Ma'amela Champamela @ R33!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 5, 2016 3:21 AM

I cry for you OP

by Anonymousreply 37September 5, 2016 3:23 AM

R12 was referring to the attached link. The fact that R12 didn't include the link making me have to find it is a disgrace! A complete, and total disgrace.

Mrs. Helmus was attacked by another pickle wielding perpetrator, at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 5, 2016 3:28 AM

I don't know how you cope, OP.

by Anonymousreply 39September 5, 2016 3:33 AM

[quote]Something similar happened to a coworker who treated herself to a Wendy's burger every Friday.

Someone *treats* herself to a Wendy's burger?

by Anonymousreply 40September 5, 2016 3:33 AM

I think R21 is on to something that really is a disgrace!

by Anonymousreply 41September 5, 2016 3:37 AM

You want to know what's really a disgrace? Ronald McDonald hiding in the bushes, trying to steal our children!

by Anonymousreply 42September 5, 2016 3:40 AM

There are more BBQs scheduled for tomorrow so there are more opportunities for complete disgraces. Everyone should be on their toes. Even their tippy-toes.

by Anonymousreply 43September 5, 2016 3:42 AM

Shouldn't McDonalds give you a rebate if you ask them to hold the pickle? (Good Lord, that sounds nasty!) I think they ought to deduct the cost of the pickle. Not doing so is, well, you know.

by Anonymousreply 44September 5, 2016 7:09 PM

A special order at McDonalds?

Where did you think you were? Burger King?

by Anonymousreply 45September 5, 2016 7:13 PM

I think McDonalds ran a couple years' worth of commercials saying that special orders were ok there as well, R45. This was after Burger King had their big promo.

I will never forget BK's jingle.

I also know the 800 number for Sheriton Hotels, from their jingle in the 1970s. I don't remember where I put my keys, though.

by Anonymousreply 46September 5, 2016 7:24 PM

Hillary just had an epic coughing fit. I, personally do not think it's a disgrace, but I suspect it's on some people's list.

by Anonymousreply 47September 5, 2016 7:30 PM

Am I the only one picturing OP looking like Bubble Bass from the "Pickles" episode of Spongebob Squarepants?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 5, 2016 7:49 PM

Did OP survive the pickle problem?

by Anonymousreply 49September 8, 2016 5:58 PM

Do not attempt to interfere with our perfectly legal condiment business.

by Anonymousreply 50September 8, 2016 6:18 PM

Yes, R49, I'm fine. Thank you very much. I am touched.

by Anonymousreply 51September 9, 2016 12:03 AM

I am not a pickel person, I must say.

by Anonymousreply 52September 9, 2016 12:23 AM

I think we need to get the Presidential candidates on record about the pickel pickle.

Johnson has already stated "What's a McDonalds?" You all realize that he quit smoking pot for the duration of the election, right?

by Anonymousreply 53September 9, 2016 12:29 AM

[quote] Something similar happened to a coworker who treated herself to a Wendy's burger every Friday. For two consecutive weeks, she asked for "no ketchup, no mustard" and got no toppings but ketchup and mustard. The first week, she just grumbled a bit and ate it, but the second week, she took it back to be made correctly. The third week, the cashier remembered her, swore they would get it right that time and confirmed it with the cook. "No ketchup, no mustard, right?"

[quote]So, my coworker got back to her office, unwrapped her burger and found that it did, indeed, have "no ketchup, no mustard." Also "no meat."

Ha ha, that fucker did it on purpose! Your coworker must've been a bitch when she came through.

And once again, anyone who order a burger made differently from usual but doesn't check it before leaving the restaurant is a stupid cunt who gets what they deserve!

by Anonymousreply 54September 9, 2016 4:28 AM

R54, but you didn't say it with the panache, or elan, of R2 or R3. As far as I'm concerned, the thread could have stopped right there. No offense meant to latecomers.

IOWs, R54, your a disgrace!

by Anonymousreply 55September 9, 2016 11:18 PM

Just dill with it, OP

by Anonymousreply 56September 9, 2016 11:51 PM

Call 911, like Obesia, Quaneisha and Bodicaea did!

by Anonymousreply 57September 9, 2016 11:56 PM

Who eats at McDonald's?

Fat whores with no taste, that's who!

by Anonymousreply 58September 9, 2016 11:57 PM

I'm R55, and I know that "your a disgrace!" should have been "you're a disgrace!".

by Anonymousreply 59September 9, 2016 11:59 PM

R58 is right.

Lena Dunham is a regular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 10, 2016 12:00 AM

I haven't been back since 8/20. Too many bad memories.

by Anonymousreply 61September 10, 2016 12:01 AM

I'll set up a GoFundMe account to help with the cost of psychotherapy OP.

You've suffered enough.

by Anonymousreply 62September 10, 2016 12:09 AM

Thank you, R62. Every little bit helps.

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2016 12:12 AM

Thanks everybody for your concern!

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2016 12:13 AM

I once got a hotdog with mustard when I ordered ketchup. At a ball game, also no recourse.

by Anonymousreply 65September 10, 2016 12:37 AM

What is Bug Mac?

by Anonymousreply 66September 10, 2016 12:39 AM

Darfur Orphan, you've already had your say.

by Anonymousreply 67September 10, 2016 12:59 AM

And why does McDonalds no longer automatically give out ketchup?!! Of COURSE we want ketchup with anything we order there! It's McDonalds. We wouldn't be eating there if we DIDN'T want to slather our fat burgers and greasy fries in ketchup!!

by Anonymousreply 68September 10, 2016 1:23 AM

Yes I used thesaurus dot com to come up with turpitude.

If that's a disgrace, then well, I'm guilty.

by Anonymousreply 69September 10, 2016 1:24 AM

R5, r6, R13? I love you.

by Anonymousreply 70September 10, 2016 1:35 AM

Ha! I'm R6, but not R5 and R13.

You are in love with multiple people.

This thread is like a drug..........

And thus...........

by Anonymousreply 71September 10, 2016 1:43 AM

You're a disgrace, R71.

by Anonymousreply 72September 10, 2016 1:46 AM

[quote]whether you pull it off or they do, it tastes the same.

I know I'm late for this but I can't just let it slide.

THAT'S A DAMN VICIOUS DIRTY FUCKING LIE AND YOU KNOW IT!!!

It does NOT taste the same. Once you put a pickle on a burger, you can't just go back. Those disgraceful, nasty, fat green dicks DRIP, because the little abominations are actually fucking MOIST. They leave behind an ESSENCE.

And the essence that these atrocities leave behind is UNMISTAKABLE because their flavor is so pungent and RANCID. So I think I would fucking KNOW if I tasted PICKLE ESSENCE on my BURGER you CUNT!

To even INSINUATE that a burger would taste the same after it's been TAINTED WITH PICKLE ESSENCE just goes to show how ignorant you are on the subject of pickles. SO TAKE YOUR GODDAMN STUPID, PICKLE-LOVING ASS OUT OF HERE AND STOP SUCH LIES!

by Anonymousreply 73September 10, 2016 3:56 AM

What is ketchup? Is food for big mic?

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2016 1:54 PM

I support R73 with every fiber of my pickle-HATING being.

Of COURSE you can taste if a pickle has been on your burger! OF COURSE!!!

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2016 1:55 PM

Why on EARTH has no one pointed out R3's calling a BIg Mac a "Big Make???!!!"

It's a DISGRACE that he tainted the good name of Big Mac and it's more of a DISGRACE that none of you CUNTS noticed!!!!

Tighten up, cunts of DL!

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2016 2:00 PM

I agree with R73, and I applaud his enthusiasm

A burger really is ruined if you place a pickle on it. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 77September 10, 2016 4:29 PM

R76, I personally think R3 redeemed himself by adding to item 4, the idiot accusation; item 5, that he hated OP. His paragraphs were messed-up but I can understand that, because this is such an emotional topic that really touches all of us.

by Anonymousreply 78September 10, 2016 4:34 PM

Wtf is going on in this thread omfgggggggg!!!1???!??!!?

by Anonymousreply 79September 10, 2016 5:52 PM

R79, It's a disgrace, is that what you're trying to communicate? If so, I'm right there with you.

by Anonymousreply 80September 10, 2016 8:26 PM

[quote] R4: The staff does not make a fresh to order burger for no pickle...

This is distressing, I would say it's a disgrace! But I think I already did. It is a disgrace, btw.

by Anonymousreply 81September 10, 2016 8:30 PM

r79 your use of punctuation marks is a DISGRACE and I won't stand for it.

by Anonymousreply 82September 10, 2016 11:57 PM

I am OUTRAGED at r79 s weird punctuation! !!

Since he's anonymous I have NO RECOURSE!

by Anonymousreply 83September 11, 2016 3:35 AM

R79, National Punctuation Day is this month, too.

by Anonymousreply 84September 11, 2016 9:41 PM

This was so traumatic to me that I haven't been able to write about it before and really haven't ever told a soul, but back in 1992, I travelled from Boston and went to le Duncan Donuts in Montreal. The Frog Frau behind the counter prepared a sausage-egg and cheese with pickle on le croissant for me and then sneezed into her hand. She then stood in front of the mirror and wiped her nose with her hand, and when finished, put a huge thumb imprint in the le croissant and served it to me, all without washing her hands. I just stood staring at it so dumbfounded I could do nothing but get up and leave that disease-ridden breakfast where it was placed, untouched. Only my BF with me at the time knows about this.

I think this really was quite a [italic]DISGRACE![/italic] I challenge anyone to present a better pickle-relate international disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 85October 6, 2016 4:57 AM

A chick in my area shot a gun through the drive thru window at McD's when they messed up her order.

by Anonymousreply 86October 6, 2016 5:03 AM

I have come to understand that one calls 9-1-1 when one's order is flummoxed.

by Anonymousreply 87October 6, 2016 5:06 AM

R86, Was it the one across the El Paso border? Because it's a disgrace, and certainly a contender.

by Anonymousreply 88October 6, 2016 5:07 AM

R87, not in Quebec! They don't use English numbers there!

by Anonymousreply 89October 6, 2016 5:08 AM

True story, here she is

by Anonymousreply 90October 6, 2016 5:10 AM

OOPS here she is in all her glory....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 6, 2016 5:10 AM

Team Zoo!

by Anonymousreply 92October 6, 2016 5:21 AM

But what would it be in a two-way polling match-up between Yes and No without Team Zoo and None of Your Business?

I ask rhetorically because the media keeps publishing two-way polls in places where there are four on the ballot and I keep thinking it's a complete waste of brain cells since it really means less than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 93October 6, 2016 2:40 PM

Bacon is serious business, I can't say I blame her.

by Anonymousreply 94October 6, 2016 2:41 PM

Rising to the level of disgrace? I think Trump has set the bar too low.

by Anonymousreply 95October 6, 2016 2:43 PM

OP this reminds me. When I was trying to get sober I often sit at home and watch vids like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 6, 2016 2:49 PM

Yeah, R96, that's a disgrace. It rivals mine, I must admit.

by Anonymousreply 97October 7, 2016 1:11 AM

Today, America faces a disgrace even greater than an unwelcome pickle.

by Anonymousreply 98November 9, 2016 3:15 PM

Trump will fix this. There will be tremendous big macs with delicious pickles.

by Anonymousreply 99November 9, 2016 3:16 PM

You know it, R99

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 9, 2016 4:27 PM

R100, that's a good one,

by Anonymousreply 101November 9, 2016 4:49 PM

"Attia of the Julii, I cry for justice."

by Anonymousreply 102December 1, 2016 3:15 AM

EST

Everyone knows it's impossible to get a hamburger of any kind at McDonald's without a pickle. They are welded to the inside of the bun

by Anonymousreply 103December 1, 2016 3:42 AM

Op, you should have told them you voted for Trump, because you get special privileges at stores.

by Anonymousreply 104December 1, 2016 8:57 PM

Thanks, R104. I get such good advice on DL.

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2016 3:07 AM

IT'S A DISGRACE!

Whatever it was!

by Anonymousreply 106January 11, 2017 4:10 PM

How the fuck does this thread have 106 responses (107 now)?

by Anonymousreply 107January 11, 2017 4:34 PM

How the fuck does this thread have more than 7 responses?

by Anonymousreply 108January 11, 2017 4:39 PM

How the fuck does it not have 300 responses!

by Anonymousreply 109January 11, 2017 5:18 PM

Because it is so fucking retarded.

by Anonymousreply 110January 11, 2017 5:21 PM

Trump said today that it's a DISGRACE that the intelligence community revealed that Trump has been assisted by the Russians. Then he associated it with NAZI Germany.

Heaven help us!

by Anonymousreply 111January 11, 2017 5:22 PM

R102, I love that response. I know the reference. I hope you use it regularly everywhere; or else, I think I might!

by Anonymousreply 112January 11, 2017 5:24 PM

This is why it has over 100 responses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 11, 2017 11:33 PM

It's just like NAZI Germany!

by Anonymousreply 114January 11, 2017 11:41 PM

Censored, R114!

by Anonymousreply 115January 11, 2017 11:44 PM

If only they had McDonald's in NAZI Germany! It would be exactly the same thing! I DON't WANT THAT PICKLE!

by Anonymousreply 116January 11, 2017 11:44 PM

Well, that's a disgrace, R115! How do I get it uncensored?

by Anonymousreply 117January 11, 2017 11:46 PM

I think it's viewable now. If anyone still has trouble, please let me know and I'll try to fix it. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 118January 11, 2017 11:54 PM

Can I have your pickle? Or did someone already get it?

by Anonymousreply 119January 12, 2017 12:26 AM

My pickle was promised to no one, R119, you can have it!

There is a lot of interest in this thread in pickle swapping. I bet there is an egghead in a basement out there somewhere who can turn this into a lucrative online business. I don't want the pickle, but I do want my 20%.

by Anonymousreply 120January 12, 2017 1:12 AM

This thread is why us old-timers keep coming back to this place.

And THAT, my friends, is NOT a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 121January 12, 2017 8:36 AM

Pickle is a funny word.

Pickle.

Pickle pickle pickle.

by Anonymousreply 122January 13, 2017 2:43 PM

Indeed, yes indeed, R122.

by Anonymousreply 123January 13, 2017 8:00 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 124February 14, 2017 2:31 AM

r73 should run for office based on his passion and commitment to the truth. In what world, nay, UNIVERSE, is putting a pickle on a burger and taking it off the same as no pickle. Like, ffs, just dip the whole thing in a pile of garbage. It's already ruined.

by Anonymousreply 125February 15, 2017 6:47 AM

I still love this thread.

by Anonymousreply 126February 16, 2017 8:23 PM

I have just discovered that cats are afraid of pickles and cucumbers. Why is that? OP, are you a cat?

by Anonymousreply 127April 9, 2017 5:20 AM

I don't eat McDonald's nearly as much as I used to. Maybe once or twice a month these days, if that. My outrage comes after clearly and distinctly ordering NO CHEESE on ANYTHING, some dumb fuck gives me a Big Mac or fish sandwich with cheese.

So, on my rare excursions to McD's, I check my order while I'm still standing in line if I'm indoors, or open my bag and check things out in the drive thru before I pull off. I'm sorry, I don't care who's behind me, how busy they are, how long the lines are..I ordered NO CHEESE, and that's what I expect. The pickles...I don't mind so much. I'll usually just toss 'em. Get my fucking order right, and we have no problem. Why does everyone assume that we ALL want cheese on everything? It's disgusting!!

by Anonymousreply 128April 9, 2017 6:36 AM

Your boundaries have been noted. Thank you for your participation, AIKC.

by Anonymousreply 129April 9, 2017 1:37 PM

I envision a scene at McD's in which AIKC's order has been fucked up, sort of like a Faye Dunaway/Mommie Dearest moment: No more cheese! No more Cheese, as AICK beats the living crap out of poor minimum wage order taker.

by Anonymousreply 130April 9, 2017 1:48 PM

Omg...you made me LOFL R130. It's beyond aggravating though. If I had a dollar for every time I had to send something back because I requested no cheese and they give it to me anyway, well, I'd be typing this from my seaside estate in Hawaii.

by Anonymousreply 131April 9, 2017 3:08 PM

Cheese is hard to peal off because it melts into the other things. It's like pickle juice in that way. But I hate that AIKC does this checking while he's still in line. I feel like I've been behind him. AIKC, you could pull into the spots reserved for complex orders, and do your checking there. That way, you don't inconvenience the people behind you.

by Anonymousreply 132July 7, 2017 8:18 PM

Hint: the Yiddish term "shonda" is far more dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 133July 7, 2017 8:22 PM

It' s an old thread but I feel Op's pain. Pickles are an abomination.

Nonetheless some things you just have to learn to dill with.

by Anonymousreply 134July 7, 2017 8:27 PM

Ow ow wow ow ow, R134!

by Anonymousreply 135July 7, 2017 11:28 PM

OP is Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 136July 7, 2017 11:45 PM

No, R136, but I was making fun of him.

by Anonymousreply 137July 8, 2017 12:05 AM

[quote] R40: Someone *treats* herself to a Wendy's burger?

My sister works with really poor people and one took someone else out to KFC for a dinner date. Not to bring the thread down on porpoise. I heard that 20 years ago and still feel bad. Now, that’s really a disgrace. Now, back to the serious pickle matter.

by Anonymousreply 138April 24, 2018 10:47 PM

A pickle?

by Anonymousreply 139April 24, 2018 10:56 PM

[quote] beats the living crap out of poor minimum wage order taker.

The thing that irritates us the most is the thing that reminds us most of ourselves, so.....yeah.

by Anonymousreply 140April 24, 2018 10:57 PM

Thank you, R139, I shall take that under advisement.

by Anonymousreply 141April 25, 2018 1:47 PM

LOCK AND LOAD!

by Anonymousreply 142April 25, 2018 1:48 PM

[quote]R128: I don't eat McDonald's nearly as much as I used to.

Because you are now making healthy life choices? Belatedly, Betty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 25, 2018 1:51 PM

OP and R128.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 25, 2018 1:53 PM

I’m against pickles, but I do put relish in tuna salad, when I make it. That’s the only time I go near it.

by Anonymousreply 145August 25, 2019 9:42 PM

[quote]I ordered a Big Mac with "no pickle", and they gave me one with a pickle. I was in the Drive-Thru, so there was NO RECOURSE!

OPs post reminded me of one of my favorite books from the late 70's: NO PICKLE, NO PERFORMANCE! by Harold J. Kennedy. While it talks about a lot of old Hollywood and TV stars, the title refers to a story about Renee Taylor & Joe Bologna. Here's a recap of the story:

[Harold Kennedy's] book [No Pickle, No Performance] is dedicated to actress Renee Taylor, who refused to come on stage during a play's opening night until she got a pickle with her sandwich, as she had during the previews. The coffee shop that had provided those sandwiches was closed, and the curtain was held while a prop man got in his car and went searching for the holy pickle. It arrived seven minutes after the advertised curtain time, and the show went on.

Unknown to Taylor, the stage crew was so enraged by her antics that they performed "a little ceremony" with the pickle (dropping it in her dressing room toilet) before giving it to her. Gloria Swanson later said: "Poor Miss Taylor. Can't you see her shopping around to every delicatessen in New York complaining that she can never find a pickle to match the caliber of the one she had in New Jersey."

by Anonymousreply 146August 25, 2019 10:52 PM

Bumping the pickle

by Anonymousreply 147October 21, 2019 3:45 AM

Please welcome to the stage: EGREGIOUS PICKLE

by Anonymousreply 148October 21, 2019 3:51 AM

I was in the car with an ex who drove all the way back through a Taco Bell drive up, just to throw an improperly prepared burrito through the drive up window at the clerk, screaming “I SAID NO FUCKING TOMATOES!”, before speeding off.

by Anonymousreply 149October 21, 2019 4:15 AM

I feel your shame, r149, and wish you peace. Just keep in mind the trauma that your ex was forced to endure.

by Anonymousreply 150October 21, 2019 4:21 AM

People who hate tomatoes REALLY hate them.

by Anonymousreply 151October 21, 2019 4:25 AM

I’m thrilled that someone bumped this thread. I created it in 2016 and I still am bothered by that unexpected and unwanted pickle, so your sympathy is of great comfort to me.

by Anonymousreply 152October 21, 2019 4:48 AM

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 153October 21, 2019 4:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!