Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are the current TV shows with gay male characters? Part 2

Please continue here. PS. I wrote male in the headline for a reason. I don't want this thread to be hijacked with lesbian characters. If the lesbians want to discuss that then they can start their own thread.

by Anonymousreply 599June 4, 2019 1:39 PM

"Arrow" has Mr Terrific. Though they got rid of his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2017 6:34 AM

Also if there was a guest star for one episode can we agree that doesnt count? Or at least point it out. Make the distinction.

I want to hear about shows I might miss that have a real gay character in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2017 6:38 AM

Is Wentworth Miller's character supposed to be gay on that show?

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2017 7:05 AM

Officially he's straight, R3 -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2017 9:19 AM

No r1, his husband who we have seen in, what, one or two episodes. A husband who left him because of his Mr Terrific activities, who has now apparently reconciled, Mr Terrific has mentioned dates, but of whom we have seen nothing. No reconciliation scenes, conversations......nothing. When you compare it to all the dreary relationship drama the hetero characters drag us through...

At least it is clear that he is gay and he states that and he is a genuine regular

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2017 9:23 AM

I'll just add a link back to the previous thread for reference

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2017 9:24 AM

Mike Moran is Bisexual on Madam Secretary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2017 12:21 PM

Erm, it's actually Blake Moran. And he came out in season one, the episode with the death penalty in Iran?

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2017 1:09 PM

bumping

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2017 12:59 AM

Hugh Grant to star in new LGBT+ drama by Russell T Davies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2017 3:03 PM

Hollyoaks just got a bit gayer, with the reveal that Duncan James' "Ryan Knight" character is bisexual. (IRL, James has identified both bisexual and gay.)

Ryan was supposedly sleeping with Kyle Kelly the night his bride, Amy, was murdered. Kyle (Adam Rickitt) is a relatively new character in the soap who has MS. It's also been said that Kyle will become a more regular chracter with him moving into The Osborne's boarding house soon to mix things up more with his old pal Nancy and her husband Darren.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2017 12:37 AM

On Holby City, it's revealed that while nurse Lofty was gone, he fell for the brother of the woman he was about to marry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2017 12:05 AM

The upcoming "Dynasty" reboot will have some gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2017 2:11 AM

Will Kyle try to sleep with Darren R11?

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2017 2:21 AM

Will Hugh get to bang some rentboys in the Jeremy Thorpe movie?

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2017 3:05 AM

R13 I might have to actually watch this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2017 4:53 AM

Great news, R11. I've wanted his character to be bi or gay ever since he was introduced. Finally some hot and masculine gay guys on Hollyoaks. I like James, but he's not eye candy. Harry is hot but it's too bad Parry is such a fucking tool irl. Ste is.. Ste.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2017 2:21 PM

Parry hasn't done something again has he r17

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2017 6:21 PM

R18, just the same old stuff... joking about domestic violence while waving around a knife. I think he has some mental issues. He should have been fired from Hollyoaks, but instead he was just suspended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2017 7:53 PM

Someone on some other thread said Kevin Soacey's character on House of Cards is turning out gay (or bi). Is this true? I asked but didn't get an answer. I don't watch the show, so I was hoping someone here could answer me.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2017 7:55 PM

My Spanish isn't great, but I'm pretty sure this guy just came out as gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2017 8:52 PM

Here is the gay scene. It's not exactly showing much. Telenovelas are known to be conservative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2017 8:53 PM

That telenovela ended earlier this week. They've been given the green-light for a second series in 2018, though.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2017 9:32 PM

Yet r19 wasn't that other actor eventually fired from the show because he was allegedly caught on video sniffing coke with whores while he was vacationing in the US. I wonder if Parry presented hole,legs or feets to someone at Hollyoaks ptb to help save his job?

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2017 10:25 PM

Personally, I don't think Parry should have been fired. He's just young, dumb, and immature. The suspension seemed enough, imho. .. As for Charlie Clapham (Freddie), I think he just wanted to go. If they'd actually "fired" him for cause, why would they have done the whole "hidden Easter Egg" goodbye thing in the credits? That actually seemed like some kind of salute to him. And they gave him a last-day-on-set, farewell video for social media. I assume when they fire people for cause they're gonna get the Stephanie Davis treatment.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2017 12:08 AM

Shadowhunters has a gay male character and a bisexual character and Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia just had Mac come out as gay.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2017 12:13 AM

Parry hasn't been fired r25 but the discussion was of behavior and whether suspension was enough or not. Someone at Hollyoaks seems to like him and maybe he has started to change and it's not like he was doing what an American soap actor was doing by showing up at times late and sometimes drunk on set requiring their co-star to have to spend time trying to clean them up enough to be able to tape.

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2017 1:53 AM

R27 I know Parry wasn't fired. What I wrote was in response to the opinion that "he should have been fired." But thanks for clarifying, as I can see now how what I wrote could be misinterpreted without a referral back to R18.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2017 5:59 AM

I wouldn't be surprised, R24. I always thought he got off lightly for what he did. I still think he should have been fired instead of suspended, but oh well.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2017 7:02 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2017 1:06 AM

I found another telenovela! This one has gay kissing. I did some research and found out it's from Argentina. That explains why the gay kissing isn't censored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2017 7:19 PM

R14 I don't think so, although Darren now feels guilty about making Kyle homeless after stealing his last brick of marijuana, so he wants to put Kyle up at the boarding house. Apparently, Kyle wants to reconnect with Ryan and gossipy Scott will be in a stall when he overhears their conversation in the loo at The Dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2017 12:22 AM

When Scott finds out about them r32 he'll probably want to go blab it to the whole world unless he gets something in return.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2017 8:05 AM

hkkk

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2017 1:25 PM

The British soaps never disappoint! Seriously, had it not been for UK soaps the world would be starving for gay male characters on tv. I'm not even kidding, at least when it comes to gay characters with a decent amount of screen time and a love life. American gay characters are usually barely there and neutered. They are gay in name only. At least gay characters on British soaps get to kiss and have sex.

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2017 1:55 PM

Grantchester

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2017 3:36 PM

Will this portray Shakespeare as being bi or bi-curious?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2017 1:04 AM

Depends on how accurate they want to be R37

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2017 1:20 AM

R37 / R38 - Doctor Who got to it first

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2017 3:18 AM

BBC is doing some gay-themed shorts (featuring DL faves Ben Whishaw and Russell Tovey!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2017 11:55 PM

Redwater has a gay incest storyline that looks interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2017 1:13 PM

Not good

by Anonymousreply 42June 10, 2017 1:43 PM

Really? Gay incest?

by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2017 4:55 PM

Vile

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2017 4:57 PM

Kissing cousins.

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2017 7:03 PM

Yes, R44. They're cousins.

by Anonymousreply 46June 10, 2017 7:10 PM

[quote]Really? Gay incest?

On The Mindy Project Danny, played by Chris Messina, once kissed his gay brother, played by The Hand Maid's Tale's Max Minghella, on the lips. But that was because they are affectionate Italian brothers not romantic incest lovers though.

by Anonymousreply 47June 10, 2017 7:27 PM

Isn't Redwater a spinoff of another show?

by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2017 10:27 AM

How To Get Away with Murder - Connor and Oliver

Scandal - Cyrus Been

RuPauls Drag Race - Everyone!

Fear the Walking Dead - Strand

The Walking Dead - Aaron

Modern Family - Mitchell and Cameron

Orphan Black - Felix

by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2017 10:52 AM

R48 Yes. Redwater continues the storyline of the Kat & Alfie Moon characters from EastEnders. At the BBC website, they actually call the show "Kat & Alfie: Redwater."

by Anonymousreply 50June 15, 2017 11:01 AM

[quote]I did some research and found out it's from Argentina. That explains why the gay kissing isn't censored.

El Trece TV is from Argentina, but those actors are definitely not Argentinian. Their accents are not from Argentina at all, but more like Mexican (or from some Mexico-adjacent nation like Honduras or Guatemala).

So what your research found was that the guy who posted the clips on YouTube saw the show via an Argentinian network. That's it.

In fact, what with internet reach, that doesn't even prove the poster himself was Argentinian.

So much for your theory about Argentina censoring less. The show is clearly a Mexican or Mexico-adjacent production.

by Anonymousreply 51June 15, 2017 11:14 AM

Thanks r50

by Anonymousreply 52June 15, 2017 11:24 AM

Ok I'm gonna correct myself here. A little digging into the comments section showed that the Martin vs Enrique Telenovela is called Venganza and it's based on the US show "Revenge." Also, it hails from Colombia. So much for my recognition of regional Spanish accents.

Still, it's not Argentinian. THAT accent is unmistakeable when you hear it because it has a sing-songy Italian quality to it. And tons of different, made-up words and expressions.

by Anonymousreply 53June 15, 2017 11:25 AM

El Trece network had a show on a couple years back that had gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 54June 15, 2017 11:29 AM

[quote]Yes, [R44]. They're cousins.

But not identical ones.

by Anonymousreply 55June 15, 2017 3:37 PM

C4 are having a season to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2017 6:01 PM

DL semi-fave John Cho is going to be playing Billy Eichner's boyfriend on the new season of "Difficult People."

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2017 6:25 PM

Spike TV has a new show called "The Mist", based on the story by Stephen King. In the first episode we see a teen guy who wears eyeliner, whose father shows disdain for. He's best friends with the cute blond girl-next-door character. There was a scene with him watching the high school football game and telling GF he's gonna watch the players butts. Later he's called a faggot at a house party by some of the football players but is rescued by a sweet/cute jock from the team. Let's hope the jock is closeted.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2017 4:10 PM

Felix, the foster brother to Sarah and by extension her clones, on Orphan Black is my favorite of the past few years. Rare for a sci-fi show, he actually has an onscreen sex life as a gay man. (The apparently cancelled BBC "Class" also made this leap.)

And even rarer, he has shown as much or more skin (including bare ass at least once for the past couple of seasons) as any female character. I hope he gets partnered before this final season ends, because he's been working hard for his sisters four five years and deserves to be happy.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2017 4:21 PM

I'm not sure if it's accurate since I haven't seen the show, but according to Wikipedia the character is pansexual R58

by Anonymousreply 60June 26, 2017 4:24 AM

Is Dean Norris's character (Uncle Daddy) on "Claws" supposed to be gay or bi or ??? He came off as super-gay in the first episodes, but then he had a wife in the second one.

by Anonymousreply 61June 26, 2017 4:28 PM

TNT has a new show called "Will" based on young Shakespeare as he makes his way to London to get his plays on the stage. It also has gay playwright Christopher Marlowe as a contemporary. In the second episode the two have an argument, then Marlowe grabs Will and kisses him on the lips. Later, Marlowe kisses another young man in front of a tavern full of people. He also keeps getting right up in Will 's personal space inches from his lips. Seems like he likes him.

The show lost me a couple of times but got my attention back with the gay hijinks. I don't know the actor who plays Will but Marlowe is played by Jamie Bower Campbell who I remember from that failed Camelot series from about 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 62July 11, 2017 3:01 AM

So Will's bisexual R62?

by Anonymousreply 63July 11, 2017 3:02 AM

Will didn't exhibit any gayness from my perspective - he's married with 3 kids back at home but is canoodling with the local theater owners daughter. He tried to hold her off by telling her he's married but that didn't last long.

Marlowe is making the moves on Will. Marlowe is being played like a gay hedonist - he's always looking for the next conquest and Will is young, handsome and they work together in the same field, so he's on Marlowes radar.

by Anonymousreply 64July 11, 2017 3:26 AM

Figures they would straightwash Shakespeare

by Anonymousreply 65July 11, 2017 3:29 AM

Update regarding the show "Will": After reading some reviews from the 2 episodes that have aired, some viewers are saying that Will did exhibit some signs that he may have some bi leanings. The show wasn't that dynamic so I wasn't paying 100% attention, so I may have missed whatever vibes he may have been putting out.

This show is a fever dream using elements of Baz Luhrman ("London Calling" by the Clash was used in the first 10 minutes), over the top acting, some cringe-worthy scenes (Will has a rhyming rap battle against a red-haired douche), themes of religious persecution/torture (England is going through this anti-Catholics thing). You've been advised.

by Anonymousreply 66July 11, 2017 8:59 PM

ITV's The Loch. Not to get too spoilery but at least one murder victim and one murder suspect are gay. It's a great murder mystery show taking place at Loch Ness.

by Anonymousreply 67July 17, 2017 10:07 AM

"Will" is a terrible flop

by Anonymousreply 68July 18, 2017 1:48 AM

R61, Yes, Uncle Daddy is bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 18, 2017 1:58 AM

Will may be a terrible flop as you say, but they're not shying away from the gay. Tonight's episode showed the aftermath of an all male orgy, hosted by Kit Marlowe, with various men laying around naked. Kit was shown entwined with the male he had been partying with.

by Anonymousreply 70July 18, 2017 2:19 AM

Hey R70 - you tuned out too early. Near the end of the episode, they show another orgy situation. Kit is laying on a table naked, and he calls all his boys over to get busy. The camera is overhead as a horde of naked men descend on him, start rubbing and caressing his torso, then engulfing him.

by Anonymousreply 71July 18, 2017 1:57 PM

R67, that really was a great show. A couple of really good twists. When ITV do a good show they really do do it well. I loved Unforgotten too which has a gay storyline in the most recent series.

by Anonymousreply 72July 18, 2017 2:08 PM

Against the Law is airing on BBC 2 this Wednesday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 24, 2017 12:06 AM

Coming soon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 24, 2017 12:10 AM

The new Netflix shows Friends From College features two gay male characters one is played by Fred Savage and the other is played by Billy Eichner. Savage's character is one of the main characters and Eichner who played his boyfriend only appeared in 5 or 6 episodes. The show received a lot of bad reviews, but I didn't think it was that bad. I think there is a big chance it won't get renewed for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 75July 24, 2017 12:16 AM

I had a huge crush on Fred Savage when he was on the Wonder Years

by Anonymousreply 76July 24, 2017 6:43 PM

New show on NBC called "Midnight, TX" which seems to be a crappy True Blood retread. Jason Lewis is playing an angel, who is partnered with a Mexican guy and they run a nail salon.

by Anonymousreply 77July 25, 2017 12:27 PM

Killjoys E4 S3. - latest episode

At last Pree...the bartender ex-warlord, who has been signalled as gay since S1 has, come out with a boyfriend and an angry ex (hairy viking tribal leader sort). Whole episode centred around Pree and his ex

by Anonymousreply 78July 25, 2017 8:53 PM

I guess a gayby story was inevitable, but they're still so cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 25, 2017 9:14 PM

R77 Jason Lewis is playing a gay character again? Isn't he a closet case in real life?

by Anonymousreply 80July 26, 2017 2:17 AM

bumping because Against the Law is on tonight

by Anonymousreply 81July 26, 2017 3:20 PM

[quote]New show on NBC called "Midnight, TX" which seems to be a crappy True Blood retread.

Just watched the first episode and I like it. Most of the guys look hot. And the mystery looks interesting. But yeah, I see a lot of other shows in this one.

by Anonymousreply 82July 26, 2017 5:24 PM

[quote]New show on NBC called "Midnight, TX" which seems to be a crappy True Blood retread.

The show is based on a book series written by the same author, Charlaine Harris, who wrote the book series (True Blood and the Sookie Stackhouse novels) True Blood was based on.

by Anonymousreply 83July 26, 2017 5:28 PM

Anyone watching Midnight Texas or The Mist? How are the gay storylines, are they any good?f

by Anonymousreply 84August 17, 2017 7:25 PM

Been watching Midnight Texas. Only seen two episodes but the couple is integral to the town though haven't had any storylines themselves yet. This will probably change as we've discovered that the beefy one who sprouts wings is a fallen angel and the inference is that he fled to be with the one he loves; his partner. Currently no-one in the town save the pastor and his boyfriend (husband?) know he's an angel.

(it's basically all nonsense but entertaining)

by Anonymousreply 85August 17, 2017 8:22 PM

Difficult People = Billy....Matthew.....on HULU.....That show is a riot....

by Anonymousreply 86August 17, 2017 8:36 PM

The Mist has a gay(bi?) teen who wears eyeliner - he's a bit of a twink but not overly femme. He's besties with the local blonde cheerleader -- they go to the high school football game and he tells her his favorite part is watching the players asses. Important fact: just before the mist hits, bestie girl was drugged and raped at a house party. She doesn't remember the details, just that the deed was done.

Anyway, the show is not great on portraying gay relationships. After a couple of episodes, gayteen meets up with a football player after the mist has taken over the town. Footballer punches him, then they kiss. Of course, baller is in the closet and bullied gayteen all through school. Later, they rest together on a small cot. Gayteen seems to have fallen in love because the mist could kill you any second! He holds hands with baller, who thinks a second and then pulls his hand away. They go their separate ways. The town is under supernatural lockdown with dead people all over, but baller is having gay panic. Yeesh.

Last episode, we find out... gayteen raped his blond bestie because "the boy she really liked wasn't good enough to be her first". Then gayteen ends up murdering his own overbearing/unaccepting father during a fight. So as you see The Mist is crap for positive role models.

by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2017 9:26 PM

Re The Mist: The last 2 episodes did a 360 on the gay teens character. He was a meek, scared boy then he became a psycho - maybe an effect of the mist? He also shot at and wounded the cheerleaders father and left him for dead then lied to the rest of their group about how it happened.

by Anonymousreply 88August 18, 2017 4:44 AM

Well at least I know not to bother with The Mist.

I'll stick with Midnight Texas. It may be supernatural silliness but we got a loving kiss and cuddle this week (and we got some white supremacists getting schooled) . I think the couple are heading for a main storyline soon - they talked about being in hiding again.

by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2017 9:22 AM

Oh , the gay angel (as far as I can tell it's only the blond one but it's early days) has been ruffling fundie feathers!

It seems to be doing average so don't know if it will get renewed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2017 9:27 AM

[quote][R77] Jason Lewis is playing a gay character again? Isn't he a closet case in real life?

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2017 9:49 AM

..°°

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2017 10:05 AM

What show is your clip from R92?

by Anonymousreply 93August 19, 2017 2:49 AM

R93 Merli

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 19, 2017 2:53 AM

Weird, that didn't link properly for some reason. It's basically a Spanish comedy/drama influenced by Dead Poets Society. It's on Netflix in America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 19, 2017 2:55 AM

Merli is rumored to be coming back for a 3rd and final season

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2017 10:10 AM

Jason Butler Harner plays a gay FBI agent in Netflix' Ozark. His partner is his ex-boyfriend, also he has an affair with one of his CIs and in a flashback we meet his then-boyfriend, a hot doctor.

by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2017 10:49 AM

It's not Spanish R94, it's Catalan. There's a difference.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2017 11:08 AM

This thread needs more pics, plus the names of the actors playing the gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2017 11:22 AM

Orphan Black - Felix

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2017 11:24 AM

Here R99

David Solans who plays one of the gays on Merli

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 20, 2017 11:29 AM

In Killjoys, Pree (white hair) reunites with his ex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 20, 2017 1:33 PM

[quote]The last 2 episodes did a 360 on the gay teens character.

360 would put them right where they started from.

by Anonymousreply 103August 20, 2017 1:54 PM

Thanks R103. I always struggle with that concept.

by Anonymousreply 104August 21, 2017 12:07 AM

Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 105August 23, 2017 5:48 AM

On Casualty (UK) - We lost Jez Andrews and his boyfriend, Mickey, in last Saturday's episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 29, 2017 8:39 AM

Ozark!

by Anonymousreply 107August 29, 2017 9:27 AM

Time for an advert break; a new one showing in the UK

For McCain chips...two gay dads at 0.27. They even share a kiss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 31, 2017 3:15 PM

Never even heard of "Redwater".

Any of the NEW shows this fall have gay characters? On AMERICAN tv?

by Anonymousreply 109August 31, 2017 11:32 PM

"Star Trek: Discovery" on CBS All Access will feature a gay couple.

Debuts September 24 on CBS network television, then goes to their All Access platform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 1, 2017 12:04 AM

Uh very old news

by Anonymousreply 111September 1, 2017 12:08 AM

Narcos: I just *knew* Pacho was queer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 12, 2017 6:29 PM

I was watching the Ovation network and they had a preview for an upcoming show called The Halcyon. Don't know much about the show, but in the preview there were two cute-looking guys kissing!

by Anonymousreply 113September 15, 2017 11:26 PM

Fox and Friends

by Anonymousreply 114September 15, 2017 11:29 PM

Any news show, for that matter

by Anonymousreply 115September 17, 2017 12:52 AM

Apparently these two on the tv show Victoria are gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 24, 2017 9:31 PM

The lead character on Black Sails, which ended in the spring, was gay. And a pirate. A gay pirate.

by Anonymousreply 117September 24, 2017 9:46 PM

Gotham. Penguin loves Riddler!

by Anonymousreply 118September 24, 2017 9:51 PM

r116, is that the show about Queen Victoria? Are the characters supposed to be based on real people?

by Anonymousreply 119September 25, 2017 12:07 AM

Yes, R119.

by Anonymousreply 120September 29, 2017 2:04 PM

I think they're gay. At least that's what it looks like, with all the flirting and stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 29, 2017 8:17 PM

Masterpiece Theater on PBS will begin airing "The Collection" tonight. It's a multi-part series that originally aired on Amazon. It follows two brothers as they attempt to start their own design/fashion line in 1950's Europe. One brother is gay, played by Tom Riley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 8, 2017 1:00 PM

Fred from "I Love Lucy"

and Andy from "Facts of Life"

by Anonymousreply 123October 8, 2017 2:00 PM

I don't want to spoil anything, but Victoria was so good tonight.

by Anonymousreply 124October 8, 2017 9:09 PM

r123 Do you know the meaning of the word "current?"

by Anonymousreply 125October 9, 2017 12:11 AM

How many parts does the Collection have

by Anonymousreply 126October 9, 2017 1:59 AM

The Collection was an 8-parter on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 127October 9, 2017 2:59 AM

It looks like Troy and Nick are moving toward... something on Fear the Walking Dead. On tonight's episode Troy and Nick get high on drugs and get all touchy feely with each other, walking with arms around shoulders and embracing each other while in the middle of a crowd of walkers. Plus, each earlier in the episode, Troy tells Nick "I know why you came back for me... you love me".

by Anonymousreply 128October 9, 2017 4:31 AM

^^ omit the word 'each' in the last sentence above.

by Anonymousreply 129October 9, 2017 4:33 AM

hhhjhj

by Anonymousreply 130October 11, 2017 1:46 AM

The title character on Lucifer, based on the Neil Gaiman comic, is bi/pansexual and so is his minion Maze.

by Anonymousreply 131October 11, 2017 12:39 PM

Yeah, but he's a non- practicing bisexual. The exorcist is back and so is gay father Martin! Let's hope he gets some this season.

by Anonymousreply 132October 13, 2017 5:10 PM

The Exorcist is so underrated. And Ben Daniels shouldn't be attractive at all, but somehow is.

by Anonymousreply 133October 13, 2017 5:11 PM

The accent helps...

by Anonymousreply 134October 13, 2017 6:03 PM

I've had a crush on Ben Daniels for years

by Anonymousreply 135October 13, 2017 9:27 PM

I stopped watching The Exorcist halfway through the first season but am curious how a Catholic priest expresses his gayness on a network show. Does he have a secret sex life, like in the movie Priest? I'm surprised that this show has gotten the boycott treatment like some other shows with so-called "improper themes".

by Anonymousreply 136October 13, 2017 9:36 PM

^^ show HASN'T gotten the boycott treatment

by Anonymousreply 137October 13, 2017 9:37 PM

R136 he gets excommunicated pretty early on. Though it's also implied he hasn't been entirely chaste as a priest. (He's a COOL priest!) Anyway, a demon makes a crack about it, and he also cruises a guy in a bar.

by Anonymousreply 138October 13, 2017 9:46 PM

Another dead gay character, how lovely.

by Anonymousreply 139October 15, 2017 9:36 PM

R139 are you misunderstanding what "excommunicated" means?

by Anonymousreply 140October 15, 2017 9:44 PM

R140 Who said I was talking about The Exorcist? I was talking about another show, but it won't air in USA until January so I don't want to spoil anything.

by Anonymousreply 141October 16, 2017 5:26 AM

I know which one r139 but it is historically accurate. They didn't kill him off for the plot

by Anonymousreply 142October 16, 2017 7:55 AM

Who are yoi talking about? Please, spoil, especially if it's historical show.

by Anonymousreply 143October 16, 2017 12:43 PM

(spoiler)

Victoria

by Anonymousreply 144October 16, 2017 1:55 PM

R142 Talking about being "historically accurate" is laughable when BOTH gay characters were straight in real life. If they made them gay for the show they could have avoided killing them off too.

by Anonymousreply 145October 16, 2017 2:08 PM

R145

I am not the poster you are talking to, but I disagree. It's impossible to say for sure who were straight and who were gay, so there is a room for interpretation. But you can't ignore death of real historical figure. That's just wrong and ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 146October 16, 2017 3:54 PM

ABC show "10 Days in the Valley" - Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Theo from the Cosby show) plays a TV scriptwriter and last night he was shown to have a ginger boyfriend. The BF was shown ferrying 3 preteen boys from a playground - not sure if those are their kids.

by Anonymousreply 147October 17, 2017 12:54 AM

Later in the show, MJW confirmed that he and his husband have three sons - he had a black one, a white one and an Asian kid.

by Anonymousreply 148October 17, 2017 6:17 AM

R146 Drummond was killed when he was in his 50s. Was that true in the show?! NO. They could have avoided killing him off, if they took liberties about other aspects. Or even better: they could have avoided making him gay in the first place so we wouldn't have to bury yet another gay character. I'm pissed off, I refuse to support a show that kills off their gays.

by Anonymousreply 149October 17, 2017 10:02 AM

Husbands Tyler & Iolo on Welsh soap, "Pobol y Cwm" (People of the Valley).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 18, 2017 10:38 PM

^ So I guess Luke Evans isn't the only gay in the village?!

by Anonymousreply 151October 19, 2017 1:12 AM

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency has introduced a new character who is gay and briefly showed his male lover in the first episode of the second season.

by Anonymousreply 152October 19, 2017 2:42 PM

@ the people watching the exorcist Holy fucking shit that ending!!

by Anonymousreply 153October 23, 2017 8:03 PM

The Exorcist keeping up and this week Father Marcus gets his snog

by Anonymousreply 154November 8, 2017 10:03 PM

Future Man. Not to spoil anything, but one of the regular characters turns out to be gay around episode 9. Crazy fun and hilarious show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 15, 2017 8:41 PM

Looks like with Bruno not there Pol has gone back to girls.

by Anonymousreply 156November 16, 2017 5:30 PM

Gay kiss in the teleonvela "Papa a Toda Madre"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 18, 2017 1:03 PM

There's another telenovela with a gay character. Fede in Caer En Tentacion came out to his mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 23, 2017 8:18 AM

Sorry, here is the correct video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 23, 2017 8:54 AM

Fede is the gay character in the video at R159 and he's really cute :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 23, 2017 2:06 PM

cool

by Anonymousreply 161November 28, 2017 3:32 PM

Gay kiss on telenovela Caer en Tentacion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 8, 2017 2:25 PM

Actually Pol missed the D and has come back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163December 8, 2017 2:34 PM

Wentworth Miller's character kissed a man on The Flash and on Legends of Tomorrow last week. I believe it's unclear if his character has been gay the whole time, since the version on last week's episodes was some kind of doppelganger from an alternative earth.

by Anonymousreply 164December 8, 2017 4:44 PM

^^ The man who he was kissing being his partner The Ray played by Russell Tovey. The Ray as a character will be going on to front a superhero animation series coming next year I think

by Anonymousreply 165December 8, 2017 5:05 PM

On last night's episode of "Vikings", the Norsemen were being hosted by a Persian emir. That night, two were gifted with a female companion for their bed. The next day, Halfden confessed to Bjorn that his companion was not actually a female (though dressed in a harem outfit), When asked if that discovery was a problem, Halfden didn't say it was not to his liking. So, it appears that Halfdan is gay or bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 166December 22, 2017 1:01 AM

Of potential interest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 8, 2018 6:57 PM

Openly gay actor playing an openly gay character? Hate it!

by Anonymousreply 168January 8, 2018 7:11 PM

Wasn't Cumming rumored to be doing a same-sex couple version of "Hart to Hart" a few years ago?

by Anonymousreply 169January 8, 2018 7:42 PM

Angela Bassett's husband on "9-1-1" is gay.

by Anonymousreply 170January 8, 2018 8:05 PM

Bernard, one of the flight attendants on "LA -> Vegas," is a gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 8, 2018 8:11 PM

Reminder. 'Papa a Toda Madre' premieres in the USA on the Univision network tonight, January 15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 15, 2018 10:04 PM

In last night's episode 5/8 of the BBC miniseries, "McMafia," it was revealed that "Semiyon Kleiman," a principal character in the drama played by David Strathairn, is gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 22, 2018 7:18 PM

No homos as yet on "The Resident," starring Matt Czuchry, but give it time. New episode airs tonight at 9 right after "Lucifer" on Fox.

by Anonymousreply 174January 22, 2018 8:03 PM

He sure did R163. He also had that footsie scene where Bruno was rubbing all on his D with his feets under the table right next to Pol's gf.

by Anonymousreply 175January 24, 2018 12:55 AM

The Alienist first episode opened with the murder of a boy prostitute. I assume later eps will show the men who procure those kids.

by Anonymousreply 176January 24, 2018 1:26 AM

New murder mystery show Mosaic, starring Sharon Stone, also features Pee-wee Herman as her GBF. He looks busted.

by Anonymousreply 177January 25, 2018 4:00 PM

This looks amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 28, 2018 9:16 AM

R178

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 28, 2018 9:18 AM

Inspired by actual events during Australia’s 1970s Gay Rights Movement, Riot explores the origins of the activism that led to the world's first Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 28, 2018 9:19 AM

Starring Tim Robbins, Holly Hunter, Sosie Bacon, Jerrika Hinton and more. Alan Ball, creator of Six Feet Under and True Blood, brings us Here And Now premiering February 11 at 9pm on HBO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 28, 2018 9:38 AM

Coming soon to NBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 28, 2018 6:15 PM

R182 Which one is the gay character?

by Anonymousreply 183January 28, 2018 6:32 PM

^^^ The teenage son. Article from Salt Lake Tribune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 28, 2018 7:06 PM

Thank you for the latest contributions.

by Anonymousreply 185January 28, 2018 7:20 PM

Just watched This Close, it's a good show. Can't wait to see what happens next. I kinda hope Michael gets back together with his ex, he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 186February 24, 2018 5:19 PM

Australian soap, Neighbours, has a new gay in town named "Rafael" (actor, Ryan Thomas, who was on Coronation Street). Rafael is out for revenge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187February 25, 2018 9:01 PM

Ozark, but sadly the two lovers are fug.

by Anonymousreply 188February 25, 2018 9:55 PM

The Winter Olympics

by Anonymousreply 189February 26, 2018 1:44 AM

[quote]Openly gay actor playing an openly gay character? Hate it! —Typical Datalounger

r168, Cumming is bi, not gay.

by Anonymousreply 190February 26, 2018 4:21 AM

Elliott is gay and Quentin is bisexual in The Magicians on SyFy. Also, Margo is apparently bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 191February 26, 2018 7:53 AM

Step Up: High Water

by Anonymousreply 192February 27, 2018 1:40 AM

Grenseland is a Norwegian crime series. The main character is gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 27, 2018 2:39 PM

Does anyone know where I can watch This Close? Episode 3 isn't on any streaming site that I know of...

by Anonymousreply 194February 27, 2018 4:44 PM

R194 I don't think it has been released yet. I found a website to watch the first two episodes though.

by Anonymousreply 195February 27, 2018 8:14 PM

It was released last Thursday (2/22).

by Anonymousreply 196February 27, 2018 9:19 PM

R150

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 8, 2018 9:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 25, 2018 2:30 PM

Eliot from The Magicians

by Anonymousreply 199March 25, 2018 2:49 PM

I've tried watching Champions but aside from being a terrible unfunny sitcom the gay kid is what stereotypes are made of, he's camp, loves theater, is effeminate, annoying and with a sharp wit of a 40 year old queen.

Let's keep producing more stereotypes cause it wasn't enough what we had to put up with for the last 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 200March 25, 2018 3:22 PM

Korai from Kiralık Aşk (Love For Rent)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 25, 2018 3:31 PM

"I've tried watching Champions but aside from being a terrible unfunny sitcom the gay kid is what stereotypes are made of, he's camp, loves theater, is effeminate, annoying and with a sharp wit of a 40 year old queen."

Effeminate gays exist. Gays who love the theater exist.

by Anonymousreply 202March 25, 2018 4:14 PM

R202 oh we know they exist. They're the central casting stereotype we see in 99% of the shows. That's the problem. That's not diversity.

by Anonymousreply 203March 25, 2018 4:50 PM

r203, it's not true that 99% of gay characters are campy or effeminate. Look at all the characters mentioned in this thread, most are not particularly campy.

by Anonymousreply 204March 25, 2018 4:52 PM

[QUOTE]Eliot from The Magicians

How naked does Hale Appleman get?

by Anonymousreply 205March 25, 2018 4:57 PM

The new AMC series "The Terror" started this week. The 2nd episode had two sailors caught in a tryst onboard the ship. Nothing explicit - just them hunkered down in the dark and a 3rd guy hearing some rustling. The guilty guys come out of the dark fixing their clothes but explain it away. We'll all have to see if this couple gets more screen time - after all, this is a ship filled with men stranded in the Arctic and men have needs....

by Anonymousreply 206March 28, 2018 5:46 PM

Is campy the same as effeminate? That word is not popular in the US.

by Anonymousreply 207March 29, 2018 6:16 AM

From R187 ... David and Rafael had sex a couple weeks ago, with Rafael revealing his scars to David.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 9, 2018 5:34 AM

This is not a tv show, it's a web series from Mexico. It's quite good and it has English subs for those who want to watch it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 15, 2018 5:03 PM

Cool dude

by Anonymousreply 210April 16, 2018 3:48 AM

Aaron and David are back together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 22, 2018 9:35 PM

Up to Episode 6 of "The Terror": gay sailors Hickey and Gibson are still a thing, though there's no physical intimacy, just UST. It must be too dangerous to try for sexytimes when threatened with exposure by that religious sailor who knows about you.

In episode 6 we also see there is another couple onboard, who know how to stay hidden. These guys (Bridgens and Pegler) do stealthy finger caresses while passing books, but they also get to hug after finding each other safe after a fire on the ship.

by Anonymousreply 212April 25, 2018 1:25 PM

The new season of Fear the Walking Dead started this week and gay character Strand seems to have an admirer. In the episode, Strand and crew have settled into an abandoned baseball stadium, with a bunch of new faces. This good-looking guy goes to Strand to discuss his work detail - the guy is smiley and friendly but Strand rudely blows off the discussion. Later, this guy talks to Luciana and asks her what does he have to do to get Strand's attention. I assume Strand is still hurting from the death of his lover, Tom Abigail, who died in S2 and has closed himself off. We'll see if anything develops.

by Anonymousreply 213April 25, 2018 5:53 PM

There's a telenovela from Argentina with a gay storyline. Sorry, haven't found any videos with subs yet. Thankfully I understand some Spanish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 6, 2018 10:44 AM

This looks really good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215May 7, 2018 7:56 PM

Argentina once again with gay characters on a telenovela. Argentina also had that show with the gay soccer players and the one with the gay lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 216May 7, 2018 8:53 PM

Looks like they're upping the screentime of the gay couple for the new series of The 100

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217May 7, 2018 8:57 PM

The Path, which is an original series on Hulu, has an interracial couple. I found this fan-made video which condenses all their scenes into 2:43.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 8, 2018 2:53 AM

The gay storyline from Simona is now available with English subs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 8, 2018 4:02 PM

New clip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220May 9, 2018 2:41 PM

Quantico is cancelled. That makes four tv shows with gay characters cancelled, Quantico, The Exorcist, The Path and Here and Now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 12, 2018 10:14 AM

r221 Undoubtedly "Champions" will also be cancelled, although it hasn't been announced yet.

by Anonymousreply 222May 12, 2018 7:24 PM

Finally a gay kiss on Simona.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 16, 2018 7:39 PM

New telenovela with a gay storyline. This too is from Argentina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 24, 2018 2:24 PM

The Red Line which will premiere in the fall on CBS will have a gay storyline. The series about the aftermath of an unarmed black man being killed by police. The man killed by police was gay and married to a man played by Noah Wyle.

by Anonymousreply 225May 24, 2018 3:49 PM

Masterchef Australia started season 10 last week - they have a tall, nerdy Aussie contestant with a lisp, named Reece. Another guy I suspect is family is Vietnamese Khan.

by Anonymousreply 226May 25, 2018 3:01 AM

Gay kiss on Argentine telenovela 100 Dias Para Enamorarse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227May 25, 2018 10:55 AM

You can watch the kiss here from 2:12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 25, 2018 10:57 AM

Translated clip of the kiss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 26, 2018 10:10 PM

In the new FX series Pose, Evan Peters is a married man who hooks up with a transvestite hooker. **Please feel free to educate me whether a "straight" man having sex w/a man living as a woman is considered to be gay. Does it make a difference that this series is set in the late 80's, not in the current PC era?**

by Anonymousreply 230June 4, 2018 2:53 PM

PC era?!! Did you get lost on the way to freerepublic, r230?

by Anonymousreply 231June 4, 2018 3:09 PM

Evan Peters is a married man WHO WORKS FOR DONALD TRUMP in "Pose."

by Anonymousreply 232June 4, 2018 4:57 PM

New drama series coming written by Russell T Davis with gay characters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 4, 2018 7:07 PM

Amazon has a remake of the 1975 movie "Picnic at Hanging Rock" available - it stars Natalie Dormer of Game of Thrones. I'm up to episode 3 and there seems to be a bit of UST between the upper class character Michael Fitzhubert and the lower class hunky estate keeper (name?), who band together to search for the missing girls.

Don't rush to watch this expecting hot looks or obvious flirting - it is very low key and implied. The groundskeeper guy gets naked to take a swim with Michael watching, and later, he finds Michael passed out and takes off his shirt to wipe Michael's face.

by Anonymousreply 234June 10, 2018 4:18 PM

Something's been going on in the latest season of Telemundo's super-novela, El Señor de los Cielos (Lord of the Skies).

I haven't been able to watch, but from this video it looks like Omar and Jamie were at an orgy and as it went on something happened between them.

The behind-the-scenes interview at the link is accompanied with the (google translated) text: Jesús Moré and Alan Slim tell you how it was for them to record the homosexual relationship that emerged between their characters in the sixth season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 26, 2018 5:58 AM

R230, eww that is not a gay storyline. That's a Trans storyline which has nothing to do with being gay.

by Anonymousreply 236June 26, 2018 6:21 AM

R235 kiss starts at :48

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237June 26, 2018 7:18 AM

Aaron and David's upcoming marriage on 'Neighbours' is said to be an historic moment, billed as "the first same-sex wedding on an Australian TV show after same-sex marriage was legalised in the country in December 2017."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 26, 2018 8:07 PM

Recent events on Australian soap, "Home and Away" ..... Ty is now admitting he's gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 2, 2018 8:00 PM

R150 They've recently re-introduced Iolo's ex-boyfriend, Alun, to the series, who just made a move on plumber Iolo when Iolo went to Alun's house to repair the boiler. (Sounds like a porn set-up ... lol!).

Anyway, Iolo wasn't interested in Alun's overtures, but since Iolo's husband, Tyler, has begun to have trust issues, he went to Alun's house to check up on this 'ex' and confront him. While sitting in his car waiting, Tyler (and viewers) got a shock when he saw Alun arrive home with the apparent boyfriend whom he'd told Iolo he's having a downlow affair with. Alun had told Iolo that this boyfriend was named "John," and that he's very deep in the closet, so things are difficult. But it turns out that the guy is already a regular, long-standing character in the soap named, "Eifion" - a local farmer who has a female partner and two young children. So it appears that Eifion is now going to be revealed as bisexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 8, 2018 10:32 AM

Red Line, starring Noah Wyle, is listed as a TV movie rather than a series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241July 8, 2018 10:51 AM

There's a new telenovela with a gay storyline. It's named Mi marido tiene más familia. I linked to the trailer. Watch from 0:31. Don't expect much from the gay storyline though, this is Mexican so you know there will be very little (if any) PDA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 11, 2018 7:07 PM

The new season of "Glow" deals with the sexuality of Chris Lowell's character and his friend.

by Anonymousreply 243July 11, 2018 8:09 PM

100 Dias Para Enamorarse (telenovela) aired a very cute and passionate gay kiss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 18, 2018 10:55 PM

La jefa del campeón is another telenovela with a gay storyline. It's from Mexico though, so expect very little (if any) PDA. It has only aired 27 episodes so far, so it's fairly new. Watch from 9:33. I love this scene because it's so OTT 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245July 18, 2018 11:06 PM

[quote]Red Line, starring Noah Wyle, is listed as a TV movie rather than a series.

IMDB mostly lists TV pilots as TV movies and they usually correct if a pilot gets series orders. CBS has put up a site for The Red Line. It's still bare bones and stuff will probably be added next month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 18, 2018 11:08 PM

On "Yellowstone," it's been suggested that Wes Bentley's character might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 247July 19, 2018 1:51 AM

The CW remake of Roswell is going to feature a gay character played by Tyler Blackburn. The show will premiere in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 248August 4, 2018 2:30 AM

This is a new show from Spain with gay characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 24, 2018 2:15 PM

Saw on another thread here that the PBS miniseries "The Miniaturist" has a gay character. I haven't watched it so, I will link the comments about that show below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250September 24, 2018 4:02 PM

We need more gay male representation on TV

by Anonymousreply 251September 24, 2018 4:07 PM

Elite (Spanish show) with a gay storyline premiered on Netlifx today. YAAAAS! Hope it's good.

by Anonymousreply 252October 5, 2018 1:41 PM

The gayest character on TV right now is the little African-American boy on "Single Parents."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 5, 2018 3:20 PM

Not a fictional character, but mentioning it anyway. Cam on BB UK came out as gay.

by Anonymousreply 254October 8, 2018 5:43 AM

I think that someone may be doing videos on Elite's gay storyline R252.

by Anonymousreply 255October 8, 2018 4:39 PM

I seriously hope the new Greg Berlanti show "All American" has a gay storyline. Apparently there's a lesbian one, but it's a football show so that seems like a waste.

by Anonymousreply 256October 10, 2018 3:16 AM

R252 Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 10, 2018 3:29 AM

Netflix come through! Another smash hit series has a queer central character: Ambrose on Chilling adventures of Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 258October 27, 2018 6:31 PM

Love how more gay Ambrose was in 10 episodes than Kevin Keller was in 2 seasons of Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 259October 27, 2018 6:35 PM

Yes, R259, that was a bust. Obviously they are more into homoeriticism than homosex in Riverdale

by Anonymousreply 260October 27, 2018 7:20 PM

Here's a heads up for the NBC show "Midnight, Texas"

Season 2 started 10/26. Watched a little of the episode and caught a scene with Jason Lewis (as an angel) kissing his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 261October 27, 2018 8:04 PM

The bearish psychiatrist on "New Amsterdam" (played by Tyler Labine) is married to a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 31, 2018 4:45 PM

Some of the international versions of Skam are doing the gay storyline right now. Skam Italy is well into the gay season. So far it looks to be an exact copy of the original. It kinda sucks, like what's the point? At least change it up a bit jeez! Skam Spain is only on its first season but Lucas (the gay character) just came out to Eva. It was a good scene, well done imo.

by Anonymousreply 263November 1, 2018 4:27 PM

"Manifest" has a storyline about a gay Jamaican man fleeing Jamaica because of its homophobia, and trying to connect with his boyfriend in the US.

by Anonymousreply 264November 1, 2018 4:42 PM

R260 They ruined the show when they decided to focus on the dykes. The gays unfortunately were put on the backburner. This isn't the only show where the lesbians get plenty of screen time and sex while the gay men are barely there. I get it, lesbians are more accepted in society so there's less risk involved. It still sucks though.

by Anonymousreply 265November 2, 2018 6:51 AM

Good for lesbians

by Anonymousreply 266November 3, 2018 1:07 PM

R240 Farmer Eifion is still on Grindr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 17, 2018 10:30 AM

"I wrote male in the headline for a reason. I don't want this thread to be hijacked with lesbian characters. If the lesbians want to discuss that then they can start their own thread."

You sound like you're over-compensating for your micro-penis. Perhaps you can liken it to a beloved videogame character or trendy miniature mushroom. You know, like the one in the Iron Chef challenge. I think Bobby Flay made a jalapeno cheesecake that included the mushrooms for his dessert course. You could say your dickk tastes like Bobby Flay's cheesecake. It would be a while before the general public would catch on.

by Anonymousreply 268November 17, 2018 10:36 AM

New student nurse, "Marty Kirkby," on the BBC series, "Casualty," was revealed to be gay in last week's episode.

(Actor, Shaheen Jafargholi)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269November 30, 2018 2:16 AM

FUCK! This thread just reminded me The Path was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 270November 30, 2018 2:21 AM

R270

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 30, 2018 2:27 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be a gay character in Kevin Williamsons new turd of a show, Tell me a story?

by Anonymousreply 272December 1, 2018 5:14 AM

Yes, it was Dan Amboyer R272

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273December 1, 2018 5:16 AM

Oh OK, I thought Hänsel might be

by Anonymousreply 274December 1, 2018 6:42 AM

And to add to R269 ...

In the last installment of 'Casualty," Nurse Marty met a guy at the daycare creche when he was dropping off another nurse's toddler. .. The guy, Joshua, indicated that his own child's "other dad" is his ex-. .. Anyway, the two hit it off, and Marty asked Joshua if he'd like to grab a coffee sometime; so it looks as if Marty may already have a potential love interest.

We met the other guy briefly a few episodes ago (below). He's also a new character. I believe he plays a doctor in obstetrics at the hospital. The character's name is "Joshua Bowers," and he's being played by GARETH DAVID-LLOYD, who some may remember as IANTO JONES in "Torchwood," a famous love interest of Captain Jack Harkness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275December 2, 2018 12:19 AM

Does anyone know who Tyler Blackburn's love interest in Roswell will be?

by Anonymousreply 276December 14, 2018 10:32 AM

The Other Two on Comedy Central from from SNL writer Chris Kelly. Drew Tarver plays the gay older brother of a young famous singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277December 21, 2018 8:54 PM

There will be a new man in gay Vicar Billy's life soon on "Coronation Street."

Actor Peter Ash will be playing "Paul Foreman."

The producer says:

[quote] He’s sexually forward, as vicar Billy will discover early on. They’ll go on to be an interesting, sexy, dynamic couple – it’s an iteration of the vicar with the bad boy. He brings so much fun and trouble into Billy’s life in a really light-hearted way. All of the early stuff I’m seeing is packed with sexual tension – they look instantly sexy together.

This story is supposed to start in the hour-long episode on New Years Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278December 22, 2018 1:08 AM

[quote]Does anyone know who Tyler Blackburn's love interest in Roswell will be?

This guy Michael Vlamis is playing Blackburn's love interest. Vlamis is playing the reboot's version of Michael who is gay. Blackburn is playing Alex and in the original show Alex was straight and played Tom Hanks' spawn Colin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 1, 2019 3:06 AM

Is Jason katims rebooting Roswell with gay characters to make up for the straight washing of that real life teacher on now cancelled Rise?

by Anonymousreply 280January 1, 2019 3:58 AM

R280 Katims isn't involved with the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 281January 1, 2019 4:13 AM

Looks like the new show Good Trouble, which is a spinoff of The Fosters, will have some gay male characters. One main male character is at least bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 282January 2, 2019 2:41 AM

I think the new Netflix show Sex Therapist will have a gay character. Not sure if he's gay or trans though as there's one scene in the trailer of him wearing a dress and make up.

by Anonymousreply 283January 5, 2019 5:03 PM

Yeah, the trailer wasn't really clear and I couldn't find any info outside of it. R283

by Anonymousreply 284January 5, 2019 5:05 PM

New BBC show Years and Years will have a hot gay couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285January 5, 2019 5:23 PM

Baby Daddy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 5, 2019 6:06 PM

Michael Galante in that clip R286 is playing a gay character on the new show Good Trouble on Freeform.

by Anonymousreply 287January 5, 2019 6:08 PM

The bi dude on Good Trouble is hot Tommy Martinez

by Anonymousreply 288January 5, 2019 6:18 PM

He is hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 5, 2019 6:22 PM

[Quote] Vlamis is playing the reboot's version of Michael who is gay. Blackburn is playing Alex and in the original show Alex was straight and played Tom Hanks' spawn Colin.

Michael and Alex??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290January 5, 2019 8:27 PM

Alex in the Roswell reboot is going to be a military veteran which is different from the dorky one in the original show. I hope the disability is only temporary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291January 5, 2019 11:56 PM

I think Riverdale will give us some Kevin and Moose action when it comes back. Check out Eastsiders on Netflix, it's hella gay, and another webseries that I loved was Hustling. You can catch that one on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 292January 6, 2019 2:19 AM

8 part Australian show 'Playing For Keeps'. The link is to a playlist on youtube with about 30 clips ranging from a minute and a half to 3 1/2 minutes. (If the link doesn't work just do a search for 'Rusty's story'.) Personal highlights for me are the song at the end of part 1b, song at the end of part 3g, Rusty and Jessy's relationship, the group shower that starts in 4b and carries into 4c, Rusty and Travis talking in 4d, the big reveal in 4e, and Rusty's revelation to Kath in part 7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 7, 2019 11:09 AM

Sorry, Rusty talking to Kath is in part 6.

by Anonymousreply 294January 7, 2019 11:26 AM

[quote] Check out Eastsiders on Netflix,

DANG Eric D./ r292! You would think that at some point I'd find such great stuff without Datalounge's help! But here I am finding new great stuff to watch! You (guys) rock!

by Anonymousreply 295January 7, 2019 11:27 AM

New comedy series The other two about the unsuccessful siblings of a Justin Bieber like childstar- the older brother Cary is gay

by Anonymousreply 296January 8, 2019 5:52 PM

Yeah, I posted it at R277 when they had the pilot available R296

by Anonymousreply 297January 9, 2019 2:14 AM

There was some webseris don't remember which had a couple gay characters including one who had some magic notepad/book that would make what he draws to happen in real life.

by Anonymousreply 298January 9, 2019 5:47 AM

Paper boys R298?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 9, 2019 5:49 AM

don't remember the name

by Anonymousreply 300January 9, 2019 5:49 AM

R295 There is a ton of great stuff out there, and I think that we all need help getting pointed to it. I'm pretty certain that I've only scratched the surface with what I'm currently aware of.

by Anonymousreply 301January 9, 2019 6:22 AM

13 Reasons Why - Gay, Lesbian, and Bi characters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 9, 2019 6:52 AM

Yes that's it r299

by Anonymousreply 303January 9, 2019 8:43 AM

Supposedly Tommy Martinez is bisexual, because he apparently had an experience with a guy 10 years ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304January 11, 2019 2:21 AM

Short clip that shows gay Michael and Alex on the Roswell reboot. Isobel in the reboot is Michael's fag hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305January 11, 2019 11:11 PM

On Netflix' new show Sex education, the main character's best friend Eric is gay. And an aspiring drag queen? I've only seen two episodes, but it's actually pretty good. Gillian Anderson is amazing as always.

by Anonymousreply 306January 12, 2019 1:21 PM

r306. Thank you. I am going to watch Sex Education right after I finished the second season of Future Man.

BTW. In the second season of Future Man "Wolfe" is in a polyamorous relationship with two guys and three women and Josh (Josh Hutcherson) accidently sees him giving a blowjob to one of his husbands (you only see his head going back and fourth real fast). Obviously it's played up for laughs since it's a comedy show after all.

by Anonymousreply 307January 12, 2019 6:52 PM

Really liking the bi storyline on Good Trouble, but it seems like the male/female part is getting more attention and I can just see him ending up with her.

by Anonymousreply 308January 16, 2019 6:11 AM

McGUYver?....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 16, 2019 6:22 AM

No R309

by Anonymousreply 310January 16, 2019 6:26 AM

With George Eads it should be McGAYver

by Anonymousreply 311January 16, 2019 6:11 PM

Telenovela Like la Leyenda had a gay kiss. I'm shocked that they didn't censor it. Mexican telenovelas usually censor gay kisses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312January 20, 2019 10:08 AM

The History Channel has a limited series called "Project Blue Book", starring Aiden Quinn from the UK Queer as Folk/GOT. It's about the rise of UFO sightings in the 50's and a scientist researching the phenomenon. Anyway, last night they had a scene in a "bohemian" bar and it showed two men kissing and freaking out a housewife who was slumming there.

I doubt that this show will have any more M/M scenes.

by Anonymousreply 313January 21, 2019 4:44 PM

Yo R307, didn't Wolf and Josh and some other people have an orgy in which Josh fucked Wolf with his (Wolf's) dick? Anyway, the show is pretty queer. And Derek Wilson looks hella gay in a lot of his instagrams, just sayin'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 24, 2019 12:24 PM

Is there an official thread for Good Trouble? I like the show beyond the bi love triangle (which imho is handled pretty well, and sexy, so far)

by Anonymousreply 315January 24, 2019 12:46 PM

Start one bro

by Anonymousreply 316January 24, 2019 12:47 PM

Made one for you R315

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 25, 2019 3:25 AM

Diego and Julian. Diego coming out to his family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318January 30, 2019 3:53 PM

[quote]The History Channel has a limited series called "Project Blue Book", starring Aiden Quinn from the UK Queer as Folk/GOT.

You mean Aidan Gillen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 30, 2019 4:33 PM

Yes, thanks for the correction R319.

by Anonymousreply 320January 30, 2019 8:20 PM

The Perfectionists is a PLL spinoff and will include a gay character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321February 3, 2019 12:40 PM

r321, thank you. PLL was a guilty pleasure of mine.

by Anonymousreply 322February 4, 2019 2:15 AM

I found this gay storyline from Spain. I have no idea what it's about, looks like a crime drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323February 9, 2019 1:45 PM

In CBCs Coroner, the main characters son, played by Ehren Kassam, is gay and has a few scenes with his boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324February 9, 2019 2:02 PM

New thread for The Perfectionists. It's a PLL spinoff with a gay storyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325February 9, 2019 2:09 PM

Thanks bro

by Anonymousreply 326February 9, 2019 2:09 PM

Spoiler pic from the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327February 9, 2019 2:10 PM

BET has just started a series based on the early days of Soul Train. If there is no gay characters or storyline I'm crying foul.

by Anonymousreply 328February 9, 2019 2:43 PM

Why would there necessarily be?

by Anonymousreply 329February 9, 2019 3:26 PM

Because most of the male Soul Train dancers were gay

by Anonymousreply 330February 9, 2019 3:36 PM

Thank you r330

by Anonymousreply 331February 9, 2019 6:55 PM

In episode 6 of the HBO limited series True Detective S3, it was revealed that the father of the missing girl is a closeted gay man. The show spans 3 decades and the 1980 section shows the guy has gotten into religion as a way to control his urges. Also, an ex-cop is being questioned and makes a subtle pass at one of the detectives, saying "you're in very good shape". *No actual gay activity has been shown onscreen, so far.

by Anonymousreply 332February 12, 2019 5:51 PM

Well, blow my mind R319, R320. I didn't realize that was the same actor, even reading the name didn't make it click. He does a great job playing a 1950s American.

by Anonymousreply 333February 12, 2019 5:59 PM

Officially now, Disney Channel's "Andi Mack."

by Anonymousreply 334February 12, 2019 6:03 PM

March should be a good month, the premiere of The Perfectionists, Now Apocalypse and Benjamin (movie).

by Anonymousreply 335February 13, 2019 1:56 PM

Not to spoil anything, but the first episode of the new Anthology show Weird City (Youtube Exclusive) has gay characters. It's a comedy show, pretty much a Black Mirror spoof (like Hulu's Dimension 404).

by Anonymousreply 336February 14, 2019 3:54 AM

Good Problem is so good

by Anonymousreply 337February 14, 2019 9:35 AM

[Quote] Not to spoil anything, but the first episode of the new Anthology show Weird City (Youtube Exclusive) has gay characters.

For all of you Ed O'Neill fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338February 14, 2019 1:42 PM

Ed O'Neill and Dylan O'Brien in a pretty cute May/December sci fi rom com

by Anonymousreply 339February 14, 2019 4:57 PM

Damn, Dylan O'Brien is a snack. Too bad this show was DOA, judging by the critical reception.

by Anonymousreply 340February 14, 2019 5:10 PM

As far as I'm aware the reception has been pretty good and fans are eating it up. Already over 1.8M views. Only one thumbs down from a reviewer. The big publications don't seem to have taken much notice though. Not yet anyway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341February 14, 2019 5:24 PM

The new Doom Patrol trailer shows Matt Bomer canoodling with a guy. Premieres tomorrow on DC's streaming service, for that one person here on DL who has it.

r341 I see. I read that one awful review on AV Club and took it as gospel, classic mistake! I'll definitely check it out now that I know it's now universally panned, so thanks for correcting me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342February 14, 2019 5:29 PM

Apparently Danny Dixon came out on A Million Little Things. I have no idea what the show is about. Just read about the coming out on Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 343February 15, 2019 7:32 AM

Had to look it up since I've never seen it either R343

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344February 15, 2019 1:43 PM

r344 Surprisingly low ratio of homophobes in the comments. And that's a lot of comments on a show I've never heard about. Is this like a soap or something? That screenshot sure gives off that vibe.

by Anonymousreply 345February 15, 2019 1:51 PM

A Million Little Things has its own threads on Datalounge apparently.

Thread 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346February 15, 2019 1:52 PM

Thread 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347February 15, 2019 1:52 PM

R345 Yes.

[Quote]Set in Boston, a tight-knit circle of friends is shocked after a member of the group dies from suicide unexpectedly. Each friend realizes that they need to finally start living life. The title is a reference to the saying "Friendship isn't a big thing – it's a million little things."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348February 15, 2019 1:55 PM

r346 Ha, thanks for that! Those two threads are such fun to read out of context. Even the hate-watchers (most of the posters) seem to be invested in it now. That's exactly how they hook you!

by Anonymousreply 349February 15, 2019 2:02 PM

[Quote] As far as I'm aware the reception has been pretty good and fans are eating it up.

Lol i'm sure they are on tumblr.

[Quote] Already over 1.8M views.

That's not a lot.

by Anonymousreply 350February 15, 2019 4:27 PM

Danny's coming out scene made me tear up. Mary! me all you want, I don't care. It was a sweet moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351February 15, 2019 5:42 PM

r351 Very sweet. And I don't say this very often but that is one adorable-looking kid.

by Anonymousreply 352February 15, 2019 6:02 PM

In Netflix's The Umbrella Academy, which premiered today, Klaus said his longest relationship of three weeks was with a guy. Might be gay or bi, I'm only two episodes in.

The character is played by the Irish actor Robert Sheehan, whose face certainly looks his age but he has the body of a 17-year-old, the lucky bastard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353February 16, 2019 1:00 AM

I'm guessing that's as good as it's going to get R353

by Anonymousreply 354February 16, 2019 2:26 AM

Blake Lee's playing the gay best friend on the CBS sitcom Fam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355February 16, 2019 4:28 AM

The Umbrella Academy Spoiler:

The gays kissed. Just saw it on Tumblr. I have yet to watch the show though.

by Anonymousreply 356February 16, 2019 1:45 PM

Are they hot? Masc?

by Anonymousreply 357February 16, 2019 5:40 PM

The gay character isn't exactly the most masc one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 16, 2019 5:44 PM

r357 One is masc and the other isn't. They have a really cute little montage in the sixth episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359February 16, 2019 7:06 PM

Canadian show Coroner has a gay character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360February 17, 2019 5:51 PM

r360 Aw, what a cute gif. Is the character catatonic or just sad?

by Anonymousreply 361February 17, 2019 5:55 PM

What dude wants the body of a 17 year old? Men want to be manly Alphas.

by Anonymousreply 362February 17, 2019 5:57 PM

r362, different guys want different things.

by Anonymousreply 363February 17, 2019 5:58 PM

r362 I meant more that his skin looks ridiculously taut for his age, not necessarily that he has the same shape as a 17-year-old. Although it's not far off in that regard either.

by Anonymousreply 364February 17, 2019 6:05 PM

Mat Bomer - Negative Man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365February 20, 2019 6:15 AM

R365, that was hot, before the crash, flaming wreckage, and extra-crispy pilot part, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 366February 20, 2019 12:17 PM

Channel 5's Murder Mystery Drama Blood features a gay subplot. The show takes place in Ireland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367February 20, 2019 6:57 PM

Anyone watch the German TV show, "Dr. Klein"? Someone clips and translates the gay storyline on youtube.

"Patrick" appears to be the regular character with the profile at the show's website (at ZDF) saying:

[quote] Patrick Keller is a restaurateur and runs the clinic-related restaurant Rosental. There, the clinic staff meets for a rendezvous. He is Valerie's best friend and lives with Carolin Wagner in a turbulent flat share. He is looking for the man for life. Can he find the one in the attractive Chris Brandt?

Earlier clips indicate he was involved with another man named, Kaan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368February 20, 2019 9:12 PM

The black intern on Chicago Med came out on the show tonight.

by Anonymousreply 369February 21, 2019 3:59 AM

On the Rookie, Jackson West asked a hot male nurse in the hospital out. I think it happened 2 weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 370February 21, 2019 4:20 AM

R368 Patrick was also previously with an older man named Magnus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371February 21, 2019 8:58 PM

Norwegian show Heimebane will have a gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 372February 22, 2019 10:13 PM

Forget what I said about Heimebane. Yes, there is a gay storyline but you will all end up disappointed. The gay character is fug and his love interest is a stereotypical fattie, who is even more fug.

by Anonymousreply 373February 23, 2019 6:26 AM

r373, gay characters and storylines don't have to be about pretty catalogue or fitness models all the time. I appreciate your comment at r372.

by Anonymousreply 374February 23, 2019 6:30 AM

I wonder if 911 will have a gay storyline soon. This seems like a huge clue, what straight man would ever turn down a woman for not being his "type"? I know he has a son, but maybe he had him before he realized he was gay, because he was still in denial? Or maybe he was closeted so he played along and slept with women despite not enjoying it and then had a son? It happens. I don't think these two guys will be a couple though. My feeling is that IF it turns out he's gay, his friend will be supportive but still straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375February 23, 2019 10:24 AM

Many many dudes have a very specific type female they are attracted to and regulary turn down women who aren’t that type. I know of many dudes like this.

by Anonymousreply 376February 23, 2019 12:14 PM

You'd think as a Ryan Murphy show it would R375

by Anonymousreply 377February 23, 2019 5:37 PM

Really wish 'The Haves and the Have Nots' was better. The gays are hot in the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378February 24, 2019 4:13 AM

I like the hot Officer on that show

by Anonymousreply 379February 24, 2019 4:11 PM

Anna Paquin's new show Flack starts with her character fixing a closeted client's mess. But I guess it's only a one episode type of thing and none of the leading cast is gay.

by Anonymousreply 380February 24, 2019 9:38 PM

Anna Paquin has a new show?

by Anonymousreply 381February 25, 2019 2:06 AM

It's a Canadian show R381

by Anonymousreply 382February 25, 2019 2:52 AM

It airs on PopTV in the US

by Anonymousreply 383February 25, 2019 3:03 AM

Actually, r382, it is an American and British show.

by Anonymousreply 384February 25, 2019 1:31 PM

The series Gone finally premiered in the US on WGN tonight, with Andy Mientus playing a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 385February 28, 2019 2:10 AM

Thank you r385. Based on the trailers I wouldn't be interested in the show, but I will give it a try now.

by Anonymousreply 386February 28, 2019 10:41 AM

The gay storyline from the Norwegian show Heimebane is now translated. I'll link it in case anyone's interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387March 5, 2019 7:17 PM

At the end of the Spring 2019 trailer for" Holby City," they revealed that Dom's abusive ex-lover, Isaac Mayfield (Marc Elliott) will be returning. He'd been sent to prison a couple years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388March 9, 2019 10:21 AM

True dating stories on CBC has a gay episode. I can't watch it though as it's geo-blocked.

by Anonymousreply 389March 10, 2019 9:35 PM

Here is the trailer for True Dating Stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390March 10, 2019 9:39 PM

Looks like the pilot for a possible new ABC show called Until The Wedding starting EJ Bonilla will have 1 or 2 gay characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391March 13, 2019 4:58 AM

I know it's been mentioned already, but I don't think I can overstate how wonderful The Magicians is. Quentin and Eliot's arc is so natural and wonderfully written. Their relationship is just a cherry on top of an already witty/spectacular show.

I don't think Anne with an E has been mentioned yet - it has a gay teen and a lesbian adult.

by Anonymousreply 392March 13, 2019 5:10 AM

R391 Is Christian Coulson out yet? Nice that he's playing a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 393March 13, 2019 5:19 AM

[quote] Quentin and Eliot's arc is so natural

Their life-long relationship in that other reality was so well done. It was touching, really.

by Anonymousreply 394March 13, 2019 5:45 AM

Christian Coulson is adorable - I was wondering what happened to him

by Anonymousreply 395March 13, 2019 5:45 PM

jkyuyg

by Anonymousreply 396March 14, 2019 3:38 AM

What’s the word on the street about the Pretty Little Liars reboot? Hope they made one of those little bitches a fag this time around!

by Anonymousreply 397March 14, 2019 5:06 AM

There is a gay character R397, question is how much screen time and story he'll have.

by Anonymousreply 398March 14, 2019 5:24 AM

Why are they rebooting a show that was on so recently?

by Anonymousreply 399March 14, 2019 3:45 PM

R399 It's not a reboot, it's a spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 400March 14, 2019 3:47 PM

Oh, okay

by Anonymousreply 401March 15, 2019 2:56 AM

American Idol, Live With Kelly And Ryan, Live From The Red Carpet, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve to name a few

by Anonymousreply 402March 15, 2019 3:06 AM

World News Tonight with David Muir

by Anonymousreply 403March 15, 2019 3:06 AM

Probably should specify scripted shows.

by Anonymousreply 404March 15, 2019 3:20 AM

R398 He is one of the main characters, so he should be getting plenty of screen time. This isn't like Kevin on Riverdale. Anyways, here's a preview with a gay kiss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405March 17, 2019 9:15 AM

I created a thread for the show in case people are interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406March 17, 2019 9:17 AM

The Norwegian show Heimebane had a gay kiss in the new episode. Again, the gay characters are NOT hot, just so you're warned. So don't expect too much. I'll link to where you can watch it. It's probably geo-blocked though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 17, 2019 9:21 AM

Has The Other Two been mentioned yet?

by Anonymousreply 408March 17, 2019 10:02 AM

r277 posted about it.

by Anonymousreply 409March 17, 2019 10:16 AM

Gay kiss clip from Heimebane (Norwegian show). It's translated too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410March 17, 2019 1:22 PM

r407, I think the darker-haired slim guy is cute.

But that wandering camera work is too annoying for me to watch.

by Anonymousreply 411March 17, 2019 10:45 PM

R263 What is this Skam? I was recently directed to Skam France. The gay boys in this Season 3 episode are cute and have chemistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412March 18, 2019 9:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413March 18, 2019 9:26 AM

Trailer for new the new Netflix show Special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414March 26, 2019 2:59 PM

(Gay) Ben Mitchell returns to EastEnders April 1 with a new actor (Max Bowden) taking over the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415March 26, 2019 7:38 PM

Special looks great

by Anonymousreply 416March 26, 2019 7:43 PM

I heard that the previous actor to play Ben was supposedly disappointed that they recast the role R415.

Don't remember the name but supposedly an actor who played a gay character on one of those Scandinavian soaps quit acting and is now selling real estate.

Gay character John Paul recently made a brief return appearance on Hollyoaks.

by Anonymousreply 417March 27, 2019 6:44 AM

There will be a gay couple in a new telenovela.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 29, 2019 4:11 PM

French Netflix series Osmosis has a gay male character. Just hit today

[quote]Lucas is an openly gay male. He is one of the beta testers of the Osmosis program

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419March 30, 2019 2:17 AM

This is still the hottest gay kiss in a telenovela ever. Too bad it was censored from the actual episode, sigh. The gay couple is hot too, which sadly isn't always the case in telenovelas. Often they're not hot at all. Anyways, at first I thought it was cancelled, but I've been reading it might get a second season after all. I hope it's true. I want to see more of this sexy couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420March 31, 2019 8:42 PM

So did anyone catch the first two episodes of the Perfectionists?

by Anonymousreply 421March 31, 2019 8:46 PM

R421 Yeah, I watched it on HBO Nordic. It was ok, not my favorite show ever, but interesting enough to watch. Certainly better than the new Roswell. At least it won't be a chore to sit through this show for the gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 422March 31, 2019 8:49 PM

Speaking of telenovelas, Polo and Lambda are co-staring in a new telenovela together. Not sure if they're playing a gay couple or not though. Sadly it doesn't look like it from the trailer, they might actually both play straight characters. I still have a small hope it will turn out they're gay though. Would be hot to see them as a couple considering they're a couple in real life too.

by Anonymousreply 423March 31, 2019 8:54 PM

Is it true that Alfonso on The OA is gay? Saw something about it on Tumblr, also there's this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424April 4, 2019 5:51 PM

[quote]The Red Line which will premiere in the fall on CBS will have a gay storyline. The series about the aftermath of an unarmed black man being killed by police. The man killed by police was gay and married to a man played by Noah Wyle.

It's premiering April 28th. Also stars DL fave Noel Fisher ("Shameless").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425April 4, 2019 6:09 PM

New telenovela "Cuna de lobos" will have a gay couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426April 4, 2019 7:19 PM

The new gay character is hot. I like his beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427April 6, 2019 9:18 AM

The trailer for that looks great R425, similar in some ways to 'Seven Seconds', in that it follows the stories of the victim's family and the police officer, they both have a strong racial elements, and both involve the mistaken killing of a black male by a white cop (although in very different circumstances). Love Noel Fisher too. He did so much with his character on Shameless, bringing to a depth to his performance that wasn't neccassarily there on paper..

by Anonymousreply 428April 6, 2019 8:11 PM

The new Bailey Family on "Coronation Street" will include a gay son.

[quote] The addition of the new family to “Coronation Street” appeared to be an attempt to address those issues, especially with the character of James Bailey, the 19-year-old younger son played by Nathan Graham. A talented footballer, the character will face the challenges of coming out as gay to his family and teammates. - New York Times

"James" is the one in the white jacket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429April 6, 2019 9:11 PM

My only beef with The Red Line is that it's yet another dead gay character. Yes, I know that's why the show exists in the first place and yes, I know his death wasn't in vain, but I'm just sick of seeing so many gay characters die.

by Anonymousreply 430April 7, 2019 9:31 AM

The latest episode of VEEP (S7E02) had William Fitchner as a rich, gay record producer who Selina was trying to get to back her campaign. He had two young guys with him that appeared to be his boytoys, but no PDA from them. Not sure if he'll be in future eps.

HBO has a miniseries called "The Silent Valley" which is another remake of the 2016 USA network series "Eyewitness" (this series was originally done for Danish TV). Eyewitness is the story of 2 closeted teen boys who were just starting a secret relationship when they see a murder and are hunted by the murderer. HBO's is the Romanian version -- the actors are a little old looking to be teenagers (and they are rather plain looking). I pretty much FF'd thru episode 1 - not finding it as compelling as the US version.

by Anonymousreply 431April 8, 2019 4:25 AM

The first person to win "Mental Samurai" was a flamboyant gay man.

by Anonymousreply 432April 8, 2019 4:57 AM

R431, depending how your French is their version of Eyewitmess was excellent. It is called Les Innocents. I haven’t seen it subtitled anywhere but I managed to enjoy it anyway with the limited French that I have. I preferred it to the US version. I haven’t seen the original or the version you mention here though.

by Anonymousreply 433April 13, 2019 12:39 PM

[quote]My only beef with The Red Line is that it's yet another dead gay character. Yes, I know that's why the show exists in the first place and yes, I know his death wasn't in vain, but I'm just sick of seeing so many gay characters die.

I’m sick of seeing gays dying or being erased by other means in real life. It’s not like this one was real or anything. You do know this is just a TV show, right?

by Anonymousreply 434April 13, 2019 12:45 PM

The Haves & Have Nots (3 gay characters)

Pretty Little Liars=The Perfectionists (2 gay characters)

by Anonymousreply 435April 13, 2019 12:57 PM

Will there be prominent gays in Fosse/Verdon?

by Anonymousreply 436April 13, 2019 5:31 PM

R436 Looking at the cast/character list on wikipedia, it looks like Ethan Slater is playing Joel Grey, but he obviously didn't come out until later in life and is only recurring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437April 13, 2019 5:44 PM

R435 Actually, The Have & Have Nots has four gay characters at the moment Jeffrey, Madison, Justin, and Landon.

by Anonymousreply 438April 13, 2019 6:09 PM

R438

Yes! How could I have forgotten Madison? Hottie he is.

by Anonymousreply 439April 13, 2019 7:06 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention Ackley Bridge. In Season 2, Naveed came out. He and his best friend Cory did kiss and sleep together once, but Cory later said he's not gay and said it didn't mean the same to him. So when the upcoming Season 3 rolls around, they might get back to that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440April 18, 2019 6:47 AM

R424, Yes, Alfonso on The OA is gay--there's a Grindr hook-up, though you don't see more than a shirtless kiss and post-coital milkshakes.

by Anonymousreply 441April 18, 2019 10:02 PM

We lost two gay characters this week. Quentin on The Magicians and Nico on Grey's Anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 442April 19, 2019 1:42 PM

Thanks for the fucking spoilers R442

by Anonymousreply 443April 19, 2019 1:49 PM

It's not spoilers if the shows have aired, R443.

by Anonymousreply 444April 19, 2019 1:55 PM

True bro

by Anonymousreply 445April 19, 2019 2:00 PM

Damn, 2019 has not been kind to its gay characters:

Luke on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was killed off (and the remaining gay character Ambrose didn't get a single gay scene all season).

Nico on Grey's Anatomy left, leaving Levi heartbroken and alone.

Quentin (who was bi) on The Magicians was killed off.

Skam Spain erased the gay character by giving his entire story to a bi girl.

Magnus and Alec broke up on Shadowhunters.

Travis and Grant broke up on Station 19.

Alex and Michael broke up on Roswell NM.

by Anonymousreply 446April 21, 2019 9:29 AM

[quote]Nico on Grey's Anatomy left, leaving Levi heartbroken and alone.

Is he definitely leaving? That is unclear as of the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 447April 21, 2019 9:54 AM

R447 Yes, he left. The actor is on another show now.

by Anonymousreply 448April 21, 2019 10:13 AM

r448 I didn't like him. Schmitt can do much, much better. Did you hear how he talked to poor Levi?

by Anonymousreply 449April 21, 2019 10:17 AM

Poor Schmitt. Nico will forever be the guy who made him cum hands-free. You never, ever forget that guy.

by Anonymousreply 450April 21, 2019 10:24 AM

Here is the video of their last scenes together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451April 21, 2019 10:25 AM

r451 Yes, that's what I saw on Thursday. But then we saw Levi buying flowers for Nico in the end of the episode of Station 19 that followed GA, leading me to believe the story hadn't ended between them.

Go to 7:35 in this video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452April 21, 2019 10:35 AM

r446, there's also Moose, on Riverdale, who left the show. The actor got cast on a new show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453April 21, 2019 10:39 AM

New BBC/HBO show out in May has some gay action. Plus a shirtless Russell Tovey. Who is watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454April 21, 2019 10:59 AM

re: Red Line (discussed above) - Noah Wyle's character's husband is played by Corey Reynolds of "The Closer" and the original Seaweed J. Stubbs on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 455April 21, 2019 7:42 PM

Thank you, r455.

Red Line will air on CBS on four successive Sundays, two hours each, beginning April 28. Sweeps material!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456April 21, 2019 7:47 PM

Bonding - coming April 24th to Netflix

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457April 22, 2019 8:32 PM

Did anyone else get really sad after watching The Red Line trailer?

by Anonymousreply 458April 22, 2019 8:39 PM

Years and Years on the BBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 22, 2019 9:57 PM

Renée Zellweger's new Netflix show "What/If" features a kiss between two men in this teaser. Starts May 24th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460April 23, 2019 2:54 PM

Netflix's Bonding is pretty gay. Starring Brendan Scannell from the TV show Heather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461April 24, 2019 9:33 PM

Just watched Bonding. I really liked it. It was good. My only pet peeve is probably the lack of gay sex. I get it though, the show is about human emotions and connections juxtaposed to the harshness of the sex in dom culture. Still... one more show that can't even allude to gay sex, sigh.

by Anonymousreply 462April 27, 2019 11:49 AM

There's supposed to be a spinoff of Spanish(Catalan) tv show Merli starring bi Pol and David Solans who played gay Bruno is supposed to be back also for the spin-off.

by Anonymousreply 463April 27, 2019 12:05 PM

That Bonding show turned out to be a dud. It was good until the last episode where they showed straight sex, yet they couldn't show the gays having sex.

by Anonymousreply 464April 27, 2019 1:18 PM

Years and Years looks like something I'll really enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 465April 27, 2019 2:35 PM

Not a TV show, but a web series. Gay actor Bryan Michael Nunez plays the gay BFF in the web series Dating After College

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466April 28, 2019 6:21 PM

Did anyone watch The Red Line last night?

by Anonymousreply 467April 30, 2019 2:54 AM

Special - Netflix series about a gay retard. Main character is fugly so don't expect any hot scenes, but there are a lot of touching, endearing moments and some humor as well. So far it's only 8 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 468May 1, 2019 12:20 PM

I started watching The Magicians because it was mentioned in this thread. Three episodes in and I'm not liking it. Does it evolve much?

by Anonymousreply 469May 1, 2019 12:43 PM

Yes R469

First season is a bit slow, but it gets much better.

by Anonymousreply 470May 1, 2019 1:45 PM

Thanks R470. Maybe I'll just skip ahead.

by Anonymousreply 471May 1, 2019 3:33 PM

The Society on Netflix has a gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 472May 12, 2019 7:00 PM

r471 You won't understand a thing if you skip ahead and I don't ever say that about TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 473May 12, 2019 7:26 PM

[quote] retard

Seriously, R468? What, are you seven?

by Anonymousreply 474May 12, 2019 7:53 PM

Challenge accepted, R473.

by Anonymousreply 475May 13, 2019 11:08 AM

Noah Wyley's character hooked with the hot teacher/friend on The Red Line.

by Anonymousreply 476May 13, 2019 11:23 AM

The Society is actually really good. I didn't expect much at all. I'm actually surprised. The gay storyline is also very good. The deaf kid can act. I'm currently watching the third episode now and his scene in the church was really heartfelt. I want to say more, but I think I'll stop. I don't want to spoil it. Just watch. I swear you won't be disappointed :)

by Anonymousreply 477May 13, 2019 2:19 PM

R476 Thanks for the info, I was scared they would keep him from having a love life forever as the grieving widower. Glad that's not the case.

by Anonymousreply 478May 13, 2019 2:21 PM

OK, I just finished The Society. The show in itself was kinda good, until that huge jump, the 5 months later part was lame af and it all went downhill from there. It's such a shame because the show was good up until that, suspenseful, current and topical, as their world really mirrored society as a whole. Anyways, the gay storyline was good too. I was afraid one of the gay characters would get killed off, thankfully that didn't happen. The bad part was that the gay storyline was short, it only started in episode 7. I wonder if the writers knew they jumped the shark and that's why they added the gay relationship? It was basically one of the few good things about the last half of the show. Then again, there was one hint in an earlier episode so maybe not, maybe it was the plan all along. Anyways, the gay storyline was good, well worth the watch imo. Not perfect by any means, but the gay couple was cute and nobody died. The ending was kinda open but hopeful. If the show gets renewed I hope they'll get a happy ending. I think they will.

by Anonymousreply 479May 13, 2019 8:07 PM

"Arthur" now that Mr. Ratburn got gay-married.

by Anonymousreply 480May 14, 2019 3:40 AM

I thought Noah Wyle and the actor who played the other gay teacher had great chemistry on The Red Line.

by Anonymousreply 481May 14, 2019 3:43 AM

R480 Funny how a PBS children's cartoon has more gay representation than a lot of adult shows.

by Anonymousreply 482May 14, 2019 3:47 AM

Great coming out scene on The Society.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483May 14, 2019 9:41 AM

Does anyone know if the guy playing Sam is gay irl? He kinda pings.

by Anonymousreply 484May 14, 2019 7:27 PM

Reminder for Brits, Russell T Davies' Years and Years started tonight starring DL fave Russell Tovey married to Dino Fetscher (so gay writer casting two gay actors playing gay characters)

by Anonymousreply 485May 14, 2019 8:22 PM

Really hope BBC America picks it up, or at least a streaming service R485

by Anonymousreply 486May 15, 2019 2:13 AM

Jack Mulhern is so hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487May 15, 2019 6:05 AM

I hope they do r486 . It was a rollercoaster ride esp towards the end and bit pretty close to home probs both for US and UK audiences . And for those monitoring these things - only one full-on sex scene and that was with Tovey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488May 15, 2019 8:22 AM

R488 I think Years&Years is a BBC and HBO co-production so it will hopefully be available on HBO very soon. But so far I haven't seen any promos or a release date for it. It sounds amazing and I can't wait. Is it worth the wait R488? I read they have very strong accents so hopefully that won't be a problem for international audiences.

by Anonymousreply 489May 15, 2019 11:23 AM

R489

Just announced today. Years and Years premiers on HBO on 6/24

by Anonymousreply 490May 16, 2019 5:54 PM

Netflix posted this. For those interested in the gay storyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491May 16, 2019 7:32 PM

The Glamorous pilot at The CW is still in contention. The pilot had FIVE gay characters in it. Unfortunately, it's being "retooled," so don't be surprised if a couple of the gay characters are dropped or suddenly become straight.

by Anonymousreply 492May 16, 2019 9:43 PM

R492 Thanks for the info. That sucks though :( Hopefully that won't happen but I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Just look at the gay characters already on tv, most are neutered and barely there. You can bet the show was branded "too gay". One gay character, two max, even though it's set in the fashion world! Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 493May 17, 2019 5:35 AM

There's a gay character on Station 19. He's one of the firefighters. He was married to another firefighter who died in the line of duty. That was backstory before the series began.

He was still grieving so no love interest until last night. He kissed Nyle DeMarco & it was so damn hot. Great kiss. I feel confident he'll be back on the market next season.

by Anonymousreply 494May 17, 2019 11:28 AM

R494 What are you talking about? He's had a love interest for a while now, not talking about his dead husband btw. I think he was a chef or something, they had plenty of kissing scenes. I think they broke up though.

by Anonymousreply 495May 17, 2019 12:57 PM

Trailer for Josh Thomas' new show on Freeform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496May 17, 2019 1:22 PM

R442 So it looks like the Grey's Couple will be around next season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497May 18, 2019 4:20 AM

New telenovela 'El corazón nunca se equivoca' on Univision will have a gay couple as main characters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498May 20, 2019 8:31 PM

Not 100% sure but the upcoming Lifetime comedy "American Princess' has Rory O'Malley in a starring role and Tommy Dorfman recurring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499May 21, 2019 4:55 AM

[quote]He kissed Nyle DeMarco & it was so damn hot. Great kiss

it's on YouTube:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500May 21, 2019 4:38 PM

Nyle is a whole meal yo

by Anonymousreply 501May 21, 2019 5:17 PM

Upcoming Hulu animated series, The Bravest Knight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502May 24, 2019 2:37 AM

Why are HBO and Netflix both obsessed with lesbians? They have a ton of shows about lesbians, Gentleman Jack, Killing Eve and the list goes on and on and on. Yet shows about gay men? NOTHING. Yes, some shows have minor gay characters but they are few and far between. There has never been a GAY show like those mentioned above (well, except QAF but that was 20 years ago).

by Anonymousreply 503May 25, 2019 8:33 PM

HBO had Looking. Did not work out for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 504May 25, 2019 8:53 PM

What / If on Netflix has a gay characters (yes, plural!).

by Anonymousreply 505May 25, 2019 8:55 PM

R503 forgot about Looking

by Anonymousreply 506May 25, 2019 8:56 PM

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (on Netflix) features gay fathers of one of the main characters in the second season. It's the only kids' show I watch as it's just so delightful.

r503 Isn't the real question here why you're so upset about seeing lesbians on TV that you need to mention it in several threads? Killing Eve features two bisexual women, not lesbians. It's also a BBC America show, not an HBO or a Netflix one. Gentleman Jack is an HBO/BBC co-production about a very prominent historical lesbian character and is basically an anomaly.

The gays have Tales of The City coming up, Special, Sex Education, Elite, The Umbrella Academy, Queer Eye, What/If... And that's just in the past couple of months and just on Netflix. Maybe you'd be better off complaining about all the straight couples we see left and right all the time. Because it's those that eat up our stories, not the lesbians.

And even when we do have a show just about us (like Looking on HBO), not enough people tune in to make it sustainable. Hopefully that will change with the new Bravo show, headed by Russell T. Davies.

by Anonymousreply 507May 25, 2019 8:57 PM

The Society has good gay male representation, though most of it comes later in the season.

by Anonymousreply 508May 25, 2019 8:58 PM

Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists finished its first season recently and treated their gay character pretty decent.

There are some pretty great shows with gay characters and gay story lines out there.

by Anonymousreply 509May 25, 2019 9:02 PM

R503 Looking/gay shows - gays who talk about rimming, enemas, butt sex and STDs. Gross and bad ratings and feedback.

Lesbian shows - (hot) chicks making out and even straight men find that hot and fantasize about it. Hot and good ratings and feedback.

by Anonymousreply 510May 25, 2019 9:31 PM

Showtime's Queer As Folk was catnip for fraus. Some porn sites like Helix Studios and Cockyboys have fraus as fans.

It isn't just gays who care for gay content.

by Anonymousreply 511May 25, 2019 9:36 PM

r510 Show me a straight guy who waded through all the lesbo drama on The L Word to catch a glimpse of some butchies fucking? Please, it doesn't happen. They might perk up during those scenes in other shows with lesbian characters but they're not the audience that's going to prop up the show in the long run.

Like r511 said, there are fraus galore anytime a show features a cutesy "will they / won't they" situation between two guys. And we're not complaining because it boosts the ratings. Of course, the trouble starts when you show the sluttier side of gays. I admit I kinda understand that; who wants to see hot people hooking up on TV left and right? It's a downer for most people.

by Anonymousreply 512May 25, 2019 9:46 PM

R512 Not all gay men on TV are hot or sexy.

by Anonymousreply 513May 25, 2019 9:54 PM

I mean, most of them are. But most people cast in TV shows are more pleasing to the eye anyway.

by Anonymousreply 514May 25, 2019 9:58 PM

*more pleasing than the general population, that is

by Anonymousreply 515May 25, 2019 9:58 PM

I know quite a lot of women who watch gay porn and enjoy gay storylines on TV. Heard that a lot of them hate the fake mourning from women in straight porn and men act like fuck robots. Straight porn apparently focuses too much on the female body (breasts and vaginas) which is not very appealing to straight women whereas gay porn on men chests, dicks and the men are hotter. I had no idea 🤣. Any females here who also watch gay porn?

by Anonymousreply 516May 25, 2019 10:05 PM

We had a big thread about that just a month or so ago, though I can't recall the title anymore.

by Anonymousreply 517May 25, 2019 10:09 PM

Here’s the thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518May 25, 2019 10:26 PM

Yup, that's the one, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 519May 25, 2019 10:29 PM

"I know quite a lot of women who watch gay porn and enjoy gay storylines on TV."

You'd think gay porn would sell better if so many women were watching it......

"Showtime's Queer As Folk was catnip for fraus"

It was a niche hit, hardly a blockbuster

by Anonymousreply 520May 26, 2019 3:08 AM

[quote] It was a niche hit, hardly a blockbuster

I find it interesting that you seem to be under the impression that fraus can make or break a blockbuster.

They are a demographic on their own and combined with other demographics like the gays can keep a show like Queer As Folk on air for six seasons. Blockbuster or not.

by Anonymousreply 521May 26, 2019 5:44 AM

My apologies. Queer As Folk ran only for five seasons (not six).

by Anonymousreply 522May 26, 2019 5:48 AM

Vida just started its second season today. The show has has a lot of lesbian content.

On a side note the first episode of season 2 has 2 full length male frontal nudity shots. There's always ass shots but I was shocked they did full frontal.

by Anonymousreply 523May 26, 2019 2:30 PM

r523 Yup, screenshotted that dong and posted it on DL the same day. Too bad there isn't more male nudity, though I understand the show is more about women and that's perfectly fine. I love it as it is. There is a gay male wedding and a gay male character featuring later on.

By the way, all episodes dropped on Thursday, though they will air weekly on Sundays as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524May 26, 2019 2:38 PM

r523 Eek! Sorry about the spoilers if you intend to watch weekly.

by Anonymousreply 525May 26, 2019 2:40 PM

I had very high hopes for Red Line (mentioned above) unfortunately I feel like it's tripping over itself in it's self-congratulatory wokeness that takes me out of it a bit. For example, it wants to show that Noah Wyle's character, who lost a husband to a racist police shooting, is being given more exposure because he is white, which is great, but then it has him giving a speech about how he is 'taking the mic from black families who have suffered as much, if not more than (him)', which just doesn't sound like something a grieving widower who is going through hell would say. It sounds like something a writer trying to make a political point would say. Again, that's fine, but they need to show these things not crowbar them into artificial dialogue that is just annoying.

Also, of course the daughter, who is the most articulate and self-actualised teenager ever, has a non-binary trans friend who is introduced with dialogue about the importance of his parents calling him 'they'.

There's still enough to enjoy though - Noah Wyle is very good, Noel Fisher is always very watchable, and Emayatzy Corinealdi, playing a woman who gave her daughter up for adoption as a baby (when she was a teenager) and is now running for city council is interesting.

Russel T Davies' 'Years and Years' on BBC at the moment (also mentioned above) - he spent so much time writing issues he forgot to write characters, trying to fit every permutation of current leftish politics under the sun into it. I say that as someone who believes in the importance of addressing inequality and the environment.

by Anonymousreply 526May 26, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote] Russel T Davies' 'Years and Years' on BBC at the moment (also mentioned above) - he spent so much time writing issues he forgot to write characters, trying to fit every permutation of current [bold] leftish politics [/bold]under the sun into it. I say that as someone who believes in the importance of addressing inequality and the environment.

I am no homophobe, but (insert homophobic comment).

I am no right wing nutjob, but (insert right wing nutjob comment).

I am no fish hater, but these skanks ... (insert anti women rant).

I am not a racist, but (insert racist comment).

by Anonymousreply 527May 26, 2019 4:27 PM

Seriously R527?? I'm a vegan, feminist, environmentally-concerned, female academic, who has formerly worked as a support worker for women and children experiencing abuse, and who worries about the huge inequalities and suffering rampant in my country (the UK), due to the regime of austerity imposed by the tory government. I am also shocked at the lack of a social safety net, and indeed, the lack of gun control and disgusting attacks on abortion rights in the US, and I am worried that our government wants to dismantle our NHS and undermine our abortion laws. the environment.

I am about as far as possible from the person that you are pretending I am.

What was obvious from my post is that I was criticizing the way Russell T Davies wrote the drama by putting the issues before the characters, rather than letting the issues speak through the characters, which made it far less interesting to watch as there was no-one to warm to or invest in.

I'm sure that most people reading this thread would have understood that, I'm not sure why you didn't? You need to learn to understand nuance a little better - my point wasn't even complex.

by Anonymousreply 528May 26, 2019 5:03 PM

[quote] I'm a vegan, feminist, environmentally-concerned, female academic, who has formerly worked as a support worker for women and children experiencing abuse, and who worries about the huge inequalities and suffering rampant in my country (the UK),

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529May 26, 2019 5:17 PM

Bless you R529, you're persistence in getting the wrong end of the stick is almost endearing. It's also ironic because I feared that I had given too much away in my reply at R528, since it's very specific and if anyone knew me IRL they could well work out who I am.

You missed the point of my earlier post and now you won't stop charging in the wrong direction. Good for you , such an excellent use of your time...

by Anonymousreply 530May 26, 2019 5:22 PM

r528 I understood what you meant completely and I'm also annoyed by those things you pointed out, even though I'd describe myself as an SJW. r527 is just trigger-happy.

I think we're still in the early days of wokeness being translated into television and movies, and so everything is kinda awkward and rough around the edges. The storytelling should become more refined in the coming years where those elements are more naturally integrated into the plot.

by Anonymousreply 531May 26, 2019 5:23 PM

^^ that should be 'your' obviously.

by Anonymousreply 532May 26, 2019 5:23 PM

[quote]I'm a vegan, feminist, environmentally-concerned, female academic, who has formerly worked as a support worker for women and children experiencing abuse, and who worries about the huge inequalities and suffering rampant in my country (the UK),

Someone who tries THIS hard to establish a persona on DL can only be a troll. You can stick your anti "leftish politics" at r526 in your vegan fish 'n chips,

by Anonymousreply 533May 26, 2019 5:29 PM

Hmmm, I probably shouldn't have risen to the bait of the first person who questioned me R533 (you?). If they didn't understand what I was saying in the first post then it should maybe have been obvious that they weren't going to accept they were wrong in their interpretation, whatever I said, not that it matters.

You believe whatever you want to believe lovely. I don't make a habit of lying on the internet which means I never assume that other people are either. Not sure if you lie or not, but if you read my first comment properly then everything should be clear really.

Does everything have to descend into a pointless argument on this board? There was another version of this where we could have had a productive conversation about the programmes I was talking about, even if we disagreed on the writing style. That would have been much more fruitful.

by Anonymousreply 534May 26, 2019 5:36 PM

Thanks for getting it R531, I agree, they are very trigger happy - a critique of the writing style and characterization of a programme shouldn't cause that much outrage., unless of course it is someone involved in either programme who is taking it very personally. I suppose that's possible?

If it is you Russell then I'd just like to say, I haven't warmed to Years and Years, but I've loved everything else you've done, from The Grand way back in the 90s onward. Including slightly more obscure things like The Second Coming, and definitely the original UK version of Queer as Folk.

by Anonymousreply 535May 26, 2019 5:39 PM

r526, made one little mistake, or fucked up in some other way, since he or she claims to be from the UK where The Red Line has not yet aired. And yet she knows enough about its incredibly hard to swallow wokeness.

But sure, no One Million Mom troll. Nothing to see here folks, move on.

Troll or illegal file sharer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536May 26, 2019 5:44 PM

Regarding Years and Years, I have to say I can't recall the last time a trailer for a show was so unexciting that it's actively discouraged me from checking out the show itself. I know the BBC is infamous for cutting bad trailers and I'm mad at myself for being such a basic bitch that I can't look past the trailer, but still...

by Anonymousreply 537May 26, 2019 5:47 PM

Lets get back on topic, shall we? I specifically made this thread so we could talk about gay male characters. If you want to talk about lesbians, there are other threads, or better yet, other websites. This is a website for gay men. Most people here are interested in gay male storylines. If you aren't, fine, but like I said there are other threads or other websites.

by Anonymousreply 538May 26, 2019 5:48 PM

It's really not hard to find and watch the Red Line on pirating sites R536. You're really clutching at straws here.

by Anonymousreply 539May 26, 2019 5:48 PM

2019 Netflix shows with gay characters:

The Society

Bonding

by Anonymousreply 540May 26, 2019 5:48 PM

Other 2019 shows with gay characters:

The Red Line

Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists

by Anonymousreply 541May 26, 2019 5:49 PM

I agree OP/R538, the thread became derailed because someone objected to my considered opinion on a coupe of shows with gay male storylines in them that had been previously discussed on this thread. Don't let the fact I'm a woman confuse the issue, these programme don't have lesbian storylines in them but gay male couples.

by Anonymousreply 542May 26, 2019 5:52 PM

What / If has gay characters and a pretty sexy threesome in episode two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543May 26, 2019 5:54 PM

That's interesting R537, I actually thought the trailer looked quite exciting, which is why I watched it. But the thing itself was quite boring because they tried to shove too much in so you never have a chance to get invested enough in anyone or anything.

Saying that I'll probably still be watching next weeks, but only as background noise so to speak - I doubt I'll be glued to it.

by Anonymousreply 544May 26, 2019 5:55 PM

r538 And we [italic]were[/italic] talking about gay men only until the usual suspect came in out of the blue and once again started bitching about all the lesbians on TV. What kind of a homo thinks about the lesbians so much, anyway? I barely notice them myself! Sorry, sisters, but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 545May 26, 2019 6:03 PM

Is r538 about the one or two comments about Vida? C'mon. the thread has 545 comments. Hardly a threat of being taken over by "the lesbians".

by Anonymousreply 546May 26, 2019 6:07 PM

And the Vida comments' main focus was male, full frontal, nudity.

by Anonymousreply 547May 26, 2019 6:08 PM

No, r503 started all the drama. And while I agree with r526's points, perhaps it's better to give lengthier impressions on shows in their respective threads. This thread functions more as a reference thread for anyone who wants to quickly check what shows are currently featuring gay male characters.

by Anonymousreply 548May 26, 2019 7:46 PM

r526 is an unhinged OMM troll who got caught (pretending to be from England where The Red Line has not aired).

by Anonymousreply 549May 26, 2019 7:48 PM

She's a piratess, r549. Most of us are now and then, it's really not that unusual.

And please let not this devolve into another aside about piracy....

by Anonymousreply 550May 26, 2019 7:53 PM

Fuck opinions from One Million Mom trolls who pretend to be from England and pirate the content that puts them off so much for being so darn woke.

by Anonymousreply 551May 26, 2019 7:55 PM

R549 Jesus, how old are you and have you been living under a rock the last 15+ years? You can download almost every show almost immediately after the original air date. Or you pay 5 bucks a month for a good VPN service and watch it in real time or the respective on demand service.

by Anonymousreply 552May 26, 2019 7:59 PM

The point is the "Oh no, I am so not a bigot!" back peddling with elaborate backstory all of a sudden that quickly falls apart and needs new components to look legit.

by Anonymousreply 553May 26, 2019 8:03 PM

R549/R5 - I said the UK not England - there are many parts of the UK that aren't England. A detail perhaps, but one that speaks to your general inability to read and understand information properly without distorting it through your own (US-centric) assumptions. As for the rest of your claims, they don't merit a response.

Hi R548 - sorry for the derailment, I didn't expect such a response to my comment. I gave a lengtheir reflection on these shows because they had been discussed upthread and people (including me) had said we were looking forward to them, so I thought it made sense to give my impression. I did mean for it to escalate as it did!

by Anonymousreply 554May 26, 2019 8:06 PM

You're spinning R553, you made an unfounded accusation, it proved to be wrong, you should have read and understood the original comment more carefully. Now you're pissing everyone off, not just me. I'm going to put you on block now because frankly you're exhausting. I came here for informed conversation and critique not to be harassed and harangued for post after post.

by Anonymousreply 555May 26, 2019 8:08 PM

[quote] Now you're pissing everyone off, not just me.

Are you the "Nobody likes you!" loser?

by Anonymousreply 556May 26, 2019 8:10 PM

r554 Your lengthy post would be perfectly fine in isolation, if only that one poster didn't decide you were his target du jour.

by Anonymousreply 557May 26, 2019 8:11 PM

NBC's The InBetween stars Arrow's Paul Blackthorne as cop who is also a Foster parent, with his lifetime partner, to a young woman with medium / psychic like abilities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558May 30, 2019 7:48 AM

Has anyone seen What/If? Is there any gay content?

by Anonymousreply 559May 30, 2019 5:22 PM

What/If always makes me think of As If - a teen show from the late 90s that had a surprising amount of gay content. I wonder what happened to that actor, Orlando Wells I think he was called (or that could have been someone else). He had a tiny speaking role in the film Wilder with Stephen Fry.

by Anonymousreply 560May 30, 2019 5:59 PM

^^ Wilde not Wilder

by Anonymousreply 561May 30, 2019 6:02 PM

The gorgeous Leonardo Nam plays a gay guy in Swamp Thing, premiering today on DC's streaming platform. He mentions it in the first episode. The actor is also gay and married with kids in real life, by the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562May 31, 2019 7:58 PM

Vinny Chhibber as a gay muslim on The Red Line

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563June 1, 2019 2:14 AM

R562 Thanks! I was just gonna ask for recs of what to watch next on Netflix. I guess Swamp Thing it is! I just finished What/If btw. I really liked it, both the show and the gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 564June 2, 2019 11:54 AM

Cool

by Anonymousreply 565June 2, 2019 1:22 PM

r564 Swamp Thing isn't currently available on Netflix. DC might strike a deal with Netflix to carry it internationally (but not in the US) after the first season wraps up like it's done with Titans, though that isn't set in stone. We still don't know if Doom Patrol will receive the same treatment, and that one had the best gay TV story of 2019 so far, in my opinion.

There are other, naughtier ways to watch it, of course.

by Anonymousreply 566June 2, 2019 1:51 PM

R566 Thanks for the update, that sucks. Oh well, I'm subscribing to four streaming services here in Norway, Neftlix, Sumo, Viaplay and HBO Nordic. Hopefully it'll be available on one of those.

by Anonymousreply 567June 2, 2019 1:59 PM

Yes, Netflix would be my best bet, although I just found out on Reddit that they went for HBO Nordic for Doom Patrol. So be sure to check that one out. It's quite something.

[quote]Doom Patrol will be available on HBO Nordic in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway starting from May 25th.

by Anonymousreply 568June 2, 2019 2:04 PM

R568 I haven't watched Doom Patrol yet, but I want to check it out because I know it has a gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 569June 2, 2019 2:16 PM

How could you guys forget Animal Kingdom?

Speaking of which does anyone have a link to the Animal Kingdom thread? The new Search function sucks.

by Anonymousreply 570June 2, 2019 3:09 PM

R570 --Here's the thread for Animal Kingdom season 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571June 2, 2019 3:15 PM

Animal Kingdom has been mentioned in the first thread, back in June 2016.

Here's the season 4 thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572June 2, 2019 3:15 PM

Episode 3 of Vida had one of the hottest lesbian sex scenes. I'd kill for 2 guys to get that same sex scene.

Also, Raul Castillo has been added as a series regular and he looks hot AF.

by Anonymousreply 573June 3, 2019 11:24 AM

r573 The sex on that show is crazy good.

And yeah, the stache really agrees with Raúl. Such a shame he's straight on the show and in real life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574June 3, 2019 11:31 AM

R574

Vida is such a combo of great stuff = hot sex scenes, family drama, , great exploration of relationships (familial, sexual, community) and it can go from making you laugh or smile to making you cry. I cried when Eddy was trying to find her wife's scent on the clothes in the closet. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 575June 3, 2019 11:44 AM

r575 Well, write that in the official thread, it's just me posting there now!

But yes, I love watching stories from communities I'm not a part of and finding the universalities in them. That's the best way to make an unfamiliar group familiar to people. I started learning Spanish last year because of this show, that's how much I loved it. And now I chuckle because I understand most of those Spanish inserts.

by Anonymousreply 576June 3, 2019 11:52 AM

R575

Link to the Vida thread?

by Anonymousreply 577June 3, 2019 1:43 PM

R573 Gay men never get hot sex scenes, only lesbians do. And can we PLEASE stick to talking about gay MALE characters here?

by Anonymousreply 578June 3, 2019 1:46 PM

No gay male character? Then the show does NOT belong here. Please notice the topic for this thread. I was so excited when this thread had new activity. It was such a bummer when I saw it was about lesbians. I'm not interested and I will block people talking about lesbian shows. If you want to talk about lesbian shows you can create your own thread.

by Anonymousreply 579June 3, 2019 1:50 PM

r577 Here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580June 3, 2019 2:46 PM

r579 Calm down, Mary! I routinely post about new shows with gay male characters in this thread. I just had to reply to that poster talking about Vida and suggested they take it to the official thread. Also, this show features a gay male character in most of the second season, and you'd need to have a wicked mind to think that is somehow negated by the presence of lesbians and bisexuals.

Now unclench.

by Anonymousreply 581June 3, 2019 2:52 PM

R579

Doll, you need to calm the fuck down. Vida had full frontal male nudity last week. If that's not gay enough for you I don't know what to tell you.

by Anonymousreply 582June 3, 2019 4:00 PM

I enjoy this thread's inclusion of LGBT characters. Vida looks like a fun show and I plan on binge watching it real soon. Thank you for the poster, or posters, who brought it to my attention. I can always trust on fellow Dataloungers to introduce me to cool and new stuff (another DL thread got me hooked on Charlie Collins).

by Anonymousreply 583June 3, 2019 4:04 PM

Will some brave soul wade through NOS4A2 on AMC and tell us if it features any gay male characters? I see a couple of cookie smellers in the cast, and I'm not just talking about Quinto.

by Anonymousreply 584June 3, 2019 4:11 PM

R583 ASSHOLE. Please get lost. This thread is NOT about LGBT characters, it's about gay MALE characters. Fuck off. I'll block you too. Goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 585June 3, 2019 4:22 PM

I feel sorry for OP / r585. Clearly she has issues she tries to avoid by hall monitoring. I hope she gets better someday.

by Anonymousreply 586June 3, 2019 4:28 PM

It is true though. The title does say "gay male characters"

by Anonymousreply 587June 3, 2019 4:31 PM

I am cool With bi, fluid, and lesbian characters being mentioned here too,

by Anonymousreply 588June 3, 2019 6:08 PM

Then start a thread for them R588

by Anonymousreply 589June 3, 2019 6:11 PM

We've wasted twenty replies because someone started bitching about the lesbians unprompted, twenty more because someone started attacking another poster for her post (and following her to other threads, btw), and now another ten on procedural stuff.

Just stop policing the thread and it'll revert back to normal on its own, and certainly sooner than with these interventions.

by Anonymousreply 590June 3, 2019 6:11 PM

I’m cool with Pan characters.

by Anonymousreply 591June 3, 2019 6:12 PM

Someone make the sequel thread with a hot gif in the OP

by Anonymousreply 592June 3, 2019 6:22 PM

You know someone will take over the series and piss OP off by using a Vida gif for the original post.

by Anonymousreply 593June 3, 2019 6:27 PM

Sequel?

by Anonymousreply 594June 4, 2019 11:52 AM

What/if has several. Terrible show though.

by Anonymousreply 595June 4, 2019 12:07 PM

Also Outlander

by Anonymousreply 596June 4, 2019 12:07 PM

r596 Both gay characters in Outlander were mentioned in the first thread back in 2016. We're very thorough bitches over here, believe me.

by Anonymousreply 597June 4, 2019 12:50 PM

This thread is about to Die 💀

by Anonymousreply 598June 4, 2019 12:55 PM

New thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599June 4, 2019 1:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!