Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Thread to Hate on "A Million Little Things" After Its Premiere

Just getting this thread ready for the rabid hate for this show after it premieres on Wednesday. Let it loose, girls, and leave no cancer salad uneaten!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440February 22, 2020 4:24 AM

How many minutes into the show do you think it'll be before we hear the "Damn you, Jonathan!" anguish line?

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2018 1:37 PM

Cancer Salad is "psyched" about the show. My money is on him to screech out the "damn you, Jonathan!" line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2018 1:44 PM

Damn that guy from Office Space looks botoxed in the above picture. I don't know dies but I am assuming it is him.

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2018 1:45 PM

R3 Yes, he's the dead guy. "Jonathan" with no "h." 'Cause he's hip that way, even though he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2018 1:46 PM

Not watching it.

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2018 2:32 PM

[quote]"Jonathan" with no "h." 'Cause he's hip that way, even though he's dead.

"Jonathan" is the correct spelling of "Jonathan." There's nothing "hip" about it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2018 2:33 PM

Or did you mean "Jonatan"?

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2018 2:34 PM

I knew Grace Park was a last minute addition. She's not even in the photos linked above or in any of the commercials. And in that one group shot that's used in all the promos, she looks photoshopped in at the edge. Why did this show decide to add Grace Park at the last minute?

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2018 1:35 AM

R6 Okay, JONATHAN.

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2018 1:36 AM

R8 Because "Crazy Rich Asians" is a thing now, so we have to have an Asian in this show.

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2018 1:37 AM

Both Grace Park and Mindy Cohn were last minute additions for diversity sakes.

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2018 1:42 AM

Yeah I seriously can not bring myself to watch this but I look forward to the scathing reviews here! please let us know who is the first to utter "damn it, Jon!" and why Romany Malco didn't use a gun or a balcony for his demise and didn't care enough to swallow the pills.

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2018 1:58 AM

Well, things aren't of to a good start:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2018 2:01 AM

"A Million Little Things" — ABC

Description: A group of friends become motivated to living fuller lives after the unexpected death of a close friend.

Critic Score: 36%

Audience Score: N/A (the show premieres Wednesday, September 26)

"A weepy wannabe from the This Is Us playbook that doesn't build much of a case for caring about the characters, much less weeping over them." -Verne Gay, Newsday

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2018 2:02 AM

It's starting!

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2018 2:03 AM

may this turgid turdy show be cancelled yesterday !!!!!

arghhhhhhh

tug at my heartstrings not !!!

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2018 2:03 AM

Drinking game...Everything happens for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 17September 27, 2018 2:47 AM

Four boring straight guys do not an interesting drama make. And that's not to say they should be four gay guys, just that they're all basically the same character, so there's just not much interesting about them or their cookie-cutter wives/girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 18September 27, 2018 2:49 AM

Sorry, make that three boring straight guys. I forgot one of them offed himself.

by Anonymousreply 19September 27, 2018 2:50 AM

Am I really gone though, r19, if my trite platitudes live on in your heart?

by Anonymousreply 20September 27, 2018 2:58 AM

Well, I'll never get that hour back.

by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2018 2:59 AM

What is cancer salad referring to?

by Anonymousreply 22September 27, 2018 3:05 AM

Good actors, a few okay moments, but overall a waste of time. I wish them well but won't be watching again.

Perhaps someone will find it interesting viewing come next summer when ABC is burning off the unaired episodes on Saturday nights.

by Anonymousreply 23September 27, 2018 3:12 AM

r22 about 27 seconds in. The most annoying, not funny scene ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 27, 2018 3:16 AM

I love David Giuntoli.

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2018 3:19 AM

I don't have to work tomorrow so was thinking of staying up to watch this potential shitfest (Pacific coast). Is it worth it??

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2018 3:25 AM

This is us thirtysomethings

by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2018 3:30 AM

Has Romany Malco done nudity yet? He's a tastey looking treat.

by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2018 3:46 AM

James Roday (bearded cancer guy) was so handsome back in the first seasons of "Psych". His douche bro persona played a lot better in comedy than it does here.

When it was mentioned that restaurant woman's new place would open in Spring 2019, I groaned out loud and said "Just in time for the season finale"

by Anonymousreply 29September 27, 2018 4:07 AM

Will her restaurant be named "Jon's Place"? Will she mutter, "damn it, Jon, why did you leave after you talked me into this? I can't do this without you!" as she sets the tables for the opening? Why would she not change it to a suicide crisis place instead? After all, Jon made all this possible.

by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2018 4:25 AM

R28

If I remember correctly, he wore very tiny manties in The Chateau, but that's the most I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2018 4:33 AM

After finally sitting through the trailer for this thing, a new torchbearer for things overwrought, I have a question about the premise. Once Office Space Guy kills himself, how are any of the nuggets of wisdom he spews out valuable? Why would you keep taking life advice from a guy who could not use his own wisdom to keep on living?

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2018 9:09 AM

Because he's now a ghost and knows the infinite wisdom of the universe. It's like taking life advice from God.

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2018 9:13 AM

God, that show was so bad it couldn't even qualify for the "so bad it's good" genre. I really want to smack the widow Jonathan in the face. No wonder Jonathan killed himself. She's annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2018 10:59 AM

Hey were was I ?

by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2018 12:14 PM

I saw it just to appreciate this thread. My one word review: Eeeeeeeeeewwwww!

by Anonymousreply 36September 27, 2018 12:15 PM

Was there a twist?

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2018 12:25 PM

R32 - no idea why. But it is a story line that has played well for over 2000 years.

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2018 12:40 PM

Suicide bump

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2018 1:17 PM

Loved last thread. Gonna love this. Where can we watch it online?

by Anonymousreply 40September 27, 2018 3:53 PM

I'm an eldergay and fall asleep by 9 pm max but I stayed up just to truly appreciate this thread. 40 lousy replies? C'mon bitches lets dish on this Mindyless disaster.

by Anonymousreply 41September 27, 2018 5:03 PM

That bouncy-haired office assistant is hiding something. It's all there, man-the shade rattle/creepy music they keep playing in flashback, how defensive she'd get when anybody asked her "...Do you know why Jon would DO this?!?" The shifty-eyed way she was staying late, and deleting all those computer files -how she grabbed that teal folder and tucked it away into hiding. Also, the website and all the press refer to Jon's "unexpected death" or that he "died suddenly" -and I'm guessing it'll be a (GASP)-MURDER, and the secretary either did it or knows who shoved him off the ledge. Plus, who the hell knows the pass code to an employer's personal phone? That was weird as hell.

by Anonymousreply 42September 27, 2018 8:39 PM

Here's another thing about that bouncy-haired (shifty-eyed) office assistant- perhaps she and Jon were porking each other and he claimed he was going back to his wife-so she killed him? Or maybe she was stealing money from the company and Jon threatened to sick the cops on her so her response was to flip him off the balcony? She is real tall, afterall -and she looks strong! Another question: why wouldn't she have a boyfriend or a girlfriend or significant other to bring along to the funeral? Yeah, yeah, yeah (I get it) "work stuff"-but shit?!? That would be traumatic as fuck -to be the LAST person who saw or spoke to a supervisor she was close to (or at least close WITH)-and then she's the one who sees him turn himself into a human water balloon -she knows the fucking pass code to his locked cell phone...why wouldn't she either skip the memorial or have severe PTSD -or at least bring along somebody to the services for emotional support?

It's possible this is all just some red herring, but everything else about this pilot was so obvious -it rings true to me.

One other possible murder plot for Jon -maybe he was the one stealing money from the company? That character tossed cash around a lot, and yes -sure, okay -he has wealth...but he liked to make grand showy displays in a way that makes me suspicious. Like purchasing that commercial space for Delilah and Regina to play the restaurant game...buying pricey season tickets (year after year without compensation) for a group of dude-bros he rarely saw -at the time had just met -and barely knew... if he was a "Good Times" degenerate gambler type -they love to buy rounds of drinks and be the life of the party and rack up all kinds of bad dept with dangerous people. Maybe he has a gambling addict -was stealing funds from work and couldn't pay off mobsters he owed cash- and then they payed him a visit at work ... dangling somebody off a balcony isn't unheard of. Could be the bouncy-haired (shifty-eyed) glamazon office assistant saw or knew something and she's covering up the evidence so she doesn't also catch a similar fate, no?

by Anonymousreply 43September 27, 2018 9:03 PM

I think they're all in the closet!

by Anonymousreply 44September 27, 2018 10:03 PM

I literally stared at this on my hulu for like 5 minutes and could not bring myself to watch it. I think about Cancer Salad and his smarmy face and I go cold.

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2018 10:07 PM

The strongest actress on the show is Christina Moses as Regina (Rome's wife). I like her delivery and a lot of her emotional reactions seemed warm and believable. Hell, I even buy her performance as a caterer-she looks like she'd be a great chef. Not sure why she'd be friends with a dud like Delilah's character (Jon's widow)?

by Anonymousreply 46September 28, 2018 4:16 AM

I hate it because of the lack of a real big fat person.

by Anonymousreply 47September 28, 2018 4:18 AM

I've been thinking about this all day -and dammit? Now I'm real pissed off at the bad script, stiff performances, the casting errors, the lame music choices, unrealistic medical situations, therapy, and bogus police procedures, and all the non-comedy it's giving me serious rage. Even the 300 person funeral in that massive cathedral was bullshit. I'm so unsatisfied with all of it, I can't even hate watch it.

by Anonymousreply 48September 28, 2018 5:34 AM

I feel the same r48, just thinking about Ron's dumb voice echoing in their heads annoys the fuck out of me and I can't watch it either.

by Anonymousreply 49September 28, 2018 5:56 AM

The show did a 1.1 18-49, no not that great considering the amount of promotion ABC did. It got beat by Chicago P.D which did a 1.2 18-49

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2018 6:12 AM

I'm enjoying this thread but thought the show was dreadful and do not intend to ever watch it again. To be fair, though, I also thought "This Is Us" was equally bad after its first episode and have never watched it again (a decision I don't regret), yet people for some inexplicable reason made that show a hit. Go figure.

[quote]The show did a 1.1 18-49, no not that great considering the amount of promotion ABC did. It got beat by Chicago P.D which did a 1.2 18-49

When horrible TV shows collide.

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2018 6:15 AM

I love these threads. I almost want the show to survive so the DL can continue to savage it.

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2018 6:17 AM

Me too r52, I hate it on principle and on seeing the trailers but I feel like I will have to watch it to really get the full hate. I also hated "This is Us" r51, I watched the first episode because of a thread here and have watched a few more but I really don't like anyone on it except the fat boyfriend. I just saw the fat camp one where the fat guy whose parents own the camp kick Chrissy out because she shoots him down. The storyline of everyone being after this super fat, not very charming chick is hilarious. Remember the "What's Happening?" episode where they had to pay someone to date Shirley? And she was funny and 300 pounds lighter than Metz.

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2018 6:21 AM

I'm right there with all of you on disliking the pilot episode of "THIS IS US" -and the cloying melodrama of that was enough to make me never watch another episode, but Jesus H... "A Million Little Things" makes "THIS IS US" look like a world-class PBS level masterclass in acting (hosted by Laura Linney)

by Anonymousreply 54September 28, 2018 6:31 AM

Serious question for anyone in mental health -if there was a dickwad like cancer salad-Gary, who was banging his (or her) way through multiple people in a survivors/support therapy-like it was a dating service-the moderator of that group would ask him or her to leave and not come back, no? That sounds like abuse of the therapeutic alliance.

by Anonymousreply 55September 28, 2018 6:37 AM

Oh wow, really? It makes "This is Us" look good? Damn it, I will give in and watch it this weekend, it's taunting me on my Hulu front page. It's really Cancer Salad guy that ruins it for me. His smarmy fucking mug and stupid facial hair enrage me. I read the reviews/recap thing too and it said that he was annoying and smart-assy as his beard would suggest. I keep reading about the kid playing Joni Mitchell at the funeral too, which irks me even more. I hope it's "They Paved Paradise" as a fuck you to her real estate developer dad.

by Anonymousreply 56September 28, 2018 6:37 AM

Yep, compared to this show? "THIS IS US" is all pro, and that's not a show I watched besides the original pilot. I really believed the defeated heartache expressed by the "big three" siblings Kevin, Kate, and Randall -and Mandy Moore was believable in her pain and anguish as well. Made AMLT's cast largely look like amateur hour.

by Anonymousreply 57September 28, 2018 6:48 AM

Sorry for the multiple posts guys-but I'm at work (on my phone) and slacking off...Here's another thing: I didn't feel any type of legit sorrow or sadness from any of the characters. Everybody treated Jon like he was an acquaintance -including his family. Just a bunch of head and arse scratching, and wondering out loud "...BUT WHY?" or business-like statements like "I do NOT accept this" -not even the kids who had just lost who I'm assuming was a loving father. All the characters were so self-involved it came down to "...I was GOING to kill myself first, but Jon interrupted me!" "I was GOING to leave my family and and run off with Jon's wife after banging her to oblivion, but Jon's unexpected death-o-rama interrupted me!" "Gee, it sure does suck that Jon off'ed himself. Wonder if we should go see that Hockey game-like he would've bent our arms (and picked up the tab) to do-but his sudden death interrupted us! Fuck, well? Let's go pick up the tickets at his office-I guess we'll just have to walk around the police tape?!?" "I was GOING to drink this pumpkin spice latte, but Jon's inability to hit the ground running interrupted me!" making it all about themselves in a really gross and self-absorbed despicable way.

by Anonymousreply 58September 28, 2018 7:07 AM

...and ANOTHER THING: David Giuntoli's character stopping by Jonathan's house afterwards for a widow booty call right-the-fuck after the funeral later that night? Fucking hell, man. YOU GAVE THE EULOGY, grinning the entire time like a complete psycho -cracking jokes and being glib the entire time. Again, I've seen this with other types of death -but not with a murder and not with a suicide. It's too crass. Afterwards it was all "sad smiles" -and wilted laughter through teary eyes -and the bullshit candlelight and blankies with wine and funny stories...that shit doesn't go down like that with a suicide, at least not any suicide aftermath I've experienced. You'd think it was a commercial for General Foods international FUCKING coffee.

by Anonymousreply 59September 28, 2018 7:12 AM

Jon would have wanted that r58. Everything happens for a reason, his was to show them all what shallow twits they are.Oh yeah I and hear there was some dumb alarm on their phones to remind them of their stupid games and really drive home the point that JON IS GONE! And yeah, how serious was Rome if he wanted to only use Brita water and stopped then to answer his phone? Another review said that Cancer Salad brought a cancer riddled date to Jon's funeral and she fit in with them just as if she'd been an elevator trapee and had known them for years since they all had shallow relationships. Also, Kings Of Leon? Fuck off, NBC.

by Anonymousreply 60September 28, 2018 7:12 AM

Fuck, that's a good one- I forgot about the ALARM for everybody's phones?!? Who the fuck was this dude? If some mutherfucker grabbed my phone to install an alarm -so I wouldn't forget "Game Night" -I'd be like "Fuck off, you're not my babysitter...and you're a meathead. Don't ever touch my cell EVER the fuck again."

by Anonymousreply 61September 28, 2018 7:17 AM

Also, Rome would've barfed up those pills. That might've been a suicide attempt -? But it wasn't a serious one, next time he should try ROLAIDS.

by Anonymousreply 62September 28, 2018 7:19 AM

Why was Cancer Salad in what looked like an OBGYN's office or was this GP's office and I misread the scene? -I swear to fuck, there were women's health posters on the wall -the table had stirrups...and why was Cancer Salad wearing a gown-with no pants? It's not like taking his shirt off in front of the doc would be a big deal?

by Anonymousreply 63September 28, 2018 7:28 AM

Because he has breast cancer r63, isn't that quirky and funny?

by Anonymousreply 64September 28, 2018 7:31 AM

Cancer Salad's new breast cancer bestie girlfriend blurts out "Obviously, my boobs are fake!" during a toilet hook up, which -does that even work out from a time standpoint? All the breast cancer survivors I've known who opted for breast reconstruction procedures -after a Mastectomy, the recovery is much longer than implants. Months and MONTHS and it's an-EXTREMELY PAINFUL-procedure and it takes a long process to either tattoo nipples or create them out of labial folds -or even if she meant "fake boobs" via prosthetic bra, that was a bullshit line (again played for a laugh) -and it comes off as a crass and borderline psychotic writer taking a cheap and sleazy shot at what cancer survivors have to go through to feel like themselves again.

by Anonymousreply 65September 28, 2018 7:37 AM

It appears that more people are following the show on Datalounge than actual people who tuned in to the premiere.

It garnered 5 million viewers and a 1.1 demo.

ABC endlessly promoted it all summer hoping it would be the next This Is Us, but it failed miserably. A 1.1 demo is not terrible by today's standards and it will increase when the L+7 DVR numbers come in, but these are not the numbers ABC was expected IMO.

by Anonymousreply 66September 28, 2018 7:58 AM

Guess what? Jon isn't dead. He's supposed to commit on October 12th. It's like we're seeing into the future. It hasn't happened yet. He's still alive!

by Anonymousreply 67September 28, 2018 8:10 AM

James Roday isn't "Psych" cute anymore. But that's the kind of goofball character he is good at, not some hybrid dramedy persona.

by Anonymousreply 68September 28, 2018 8:49 AM

It's funny that the wife said she needs a time machine. Because she has one. The death won't happen for 3 more weeks. She can prevent it now!

by Anonymousreply 69September 28, 2018 9:00 AM

Cancer girl is a klepto. When they were at the restaurant space, she busted out wine. When they asked her where she got the wine and the wine glasses, she said she took them from the widow's house. Way to rob a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 70September 28, 2018 9:07 AM

I kept wondering, why the hell is cancer girlfriend still at this wake?! She sleeps with a guy from her cancer support group and the morning after they go on their first “date” to his best friend/hockey acquaintance’s funeral. And a funeral after a suicide no less. Instead of ending the date there, she continues on to the wake, and even after her date leaves- someone she has only met 24 hours prior- she remains at the house with only the widow and the widow’s best friend! She then takes a bottle of wine and wine glasses from the widow’s house- WITHOUT INFORMING THE WIDOW- and travels with the widow and friend to a third site where they drink and act like best friends. She is also a clinical psychologist and has been ignoring the fact that her cancer is back.

I watch This is Us, and what that show has over this is that you really believe those characters love each other and have a deep bond. There are stakes and things to fight for. These guys weren’t childhood friends or college buddies. They met in an elevator that got stuck and then started going to hockey games together (but it’s implied they don’t really see each other outside the games and don’t know each other on any deeper level).

by Anonymousreply 71September 28, 2018 9:48 AM

The thing that struck me odd about the funeral was the lack of Jon's or his wife's family.

Were they both only children? All four of their parent are dead? No aunts, uncles or cousins?

by Anonymousreply 72September 28, 2018 9:49 AM

R72 They all live in Boca and couldn't make it. Fixed incomes and all, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 73September 28, 2018 1:10 PM

It's Jhonathon, babe.

by Anonymousreply 74September 28, 2018 1:17 PM

And the widow (and children) were not that upset or distraught at the funeral. No one really was. A suicide should brought some stronger emotions to the forefront. Anger, confusion, betrayal. It all was missing.

by Anonymousreply 75September 28, 2018 1:44 PM

R75 Too much crying means a ruined closeup.

by Anonymousreply 76September 28, 2018 1:49 PM

I don’t know if there needed to be lots of crying, but a seemingly happy, wealthy, family man suddenly kills himself by jumping from his office balcony and even the kids don’t feel abandoned? Betrayed? In shock? Pissed off?

People seemed mildly sad. I agree with the poster above that Grimm’s joke-filled eulogy was inappropriate for a suicide victim. When someone lives a full life then there is room for a few funny/heart-warming tales, but an abrupt suicide like this? No. It’s not like he was suffering from a terminal illness or anything like that either.

The whole tone of the funeral just felt so off to me.

by Anonymousreply 77September 28, 2018 2:06 PM

The complete lack of outer family members (where were Delilah's --French? French Canadian? Polish? relatives and why weren't there any of Jon's other family present at the funeral too? Like the other poster noted, where are all the cousins/aunts/uncles or just the lookie-loo types of neighbors that show up to these things for the gossip...the mourning crowd was MASSIVE and really. if those hockey buddies were so close -wouldn't they all be flower-wearing pallbearers, like The Big Chill? It's not like he was cremated-there was a closed casket with a full spray of blossoms next to the giant glamour shot of Jon...then again? If Cancer Salad was a pallbearer -he wouldn't likely have busted in so loudly (or so late).

by Anonymousreply 78September 28, 2018 2:18 PM

Is it true that one of the other guys actually fucked the suicide guy's wife right after he died?

Definitely not watching this; these are not people I want to know.

by Anonymousreply 79September 28, 2018 2:21 PM

Eddie (the wannabe indie rocker past his prime) was fucking Jon's wife (Delilah)-while Jon died. The last call Ron Livingston's character made on his cell was to the Eddie character -who gave that glib (unfunny) eulogy with a smirk on his face in front of the dead man's bereaved children-and then had the balls to question "...but, WHY? HOW could he do this? Jon always said "Everything happens for a reason...I can't find a reason for THIS!" and it was strongly hinted around that he would've enjoyed some -what? Grief fucking from Delilah with her kids in the house and her dead-hubs barely in the ground...but she quietly told him to leave her alone now-because torrid affairs are only fun when they are torrid (I guess)?

That was some cold-blooded shit, man. Paints Eddie's character in a really DUMB, unlikable light for the rest of the show.

by Anonymousreply 80September 28, 2018 2:32 PM

R51, the "Chicago" shows may be shitty, but all of them have some very nice eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 81September 28, 2018 4:25 PM

Jon's kids are going to be hella pissed (and ready to whoop ass) when they realize all the stone cold cash he's blown acting like a big shit hero to all his boring friends. Years of season tickets (in premium seats), purchasing restaurants, and he even offered to pay for Milf-hunter Eddie -to what, I'm not sure 'Cuckold him? Pay for his rehab? Toss bucks his way because he opening for Kings of Leon douche rock band caked? I'd be furious to know that my parents BLEW my college funds on dumbass shit!

by Anonymousreply 82September 28, 2018 5:19 PM

As the widow Livingston I would be pissed that suicide nullifies the life insurance payout.

by Anonymousreply 83September 28, 2018 5:22 PM

[quote]either tattoo nipples or create them out of labial folds

Labial folds? This I did not know, and it was almost worth watching the show to learn it.

by Anonymousreply 84September 28, 2018 5:27 PM

Another horrendous show will be starting soon - "The Neighborhood" on CBS. Have you seen the commercials? It looks like a sitcom about gentrification - a white couple moves into a black neighborhood and the people nearby are weirded out. It follows the CBS standard rule: unfunny jokes and a braying laugh track. I think that show deserves a hate thread too.

by Anonymousreply 85September 28, 2018 6:42 PM

CBS = Consistently Bad Shows

by Anonymousreply 86September 28, 2018 6:49 PM

"The Neighborhood" puzzles me. There are about 2 dozen Black/White jokes to be made (most of which we've already seen in movies like that Guess Who's Coming to Dinner remake), so after that what do they do to fill 30 minutes every week? I just don't see how they think it has legs. I hope the writers are banking their paychecks.

I'll give Murphy Brown a couple more weeks to settle in, but I think they're horribly misreading the mood of the country. I don't think either side is in a mood to laugh about politics at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 87September 28, 2018 7:05 PM

Ahem r87.

by Anonymousreply 88September 28, 2018 7:07 PM

[quote]Just getting this thread ready for the rabid hate for this show after it premieres on Wednesday. Let it loose, girls

Stop calling people ladies (in the other thread) and girls..."gurls" you can get away with.

by Anonymousreply 89September 28, 2018 8:00 PM

Refuse to watch this schlock. But, LOVE this thread.

More on Cancer Salad guy!

by Anonymousreply 90September 28, 2018 8:28 PM

James Roday has gotten so fat.

by Anonymousreply 91September 28, 2018 8:38 PM

So -based on everything I've read (yes, I know-but hell, I'm bored at work) Jon was aware that Eddie was unhappy in marriage to Grace Park's character -who (I guess) is an aging party woo-woo girl who used to be the "fun" one in the group?) and even offered Eddie money to help him leave her because “Life’s too short. Just be happy.” WHAT A SCHMUCK!

by Anonymousreply 92September 28, 2018 8:44 PM

Question: What does Cancer Salad do for a living? Is he on workman's comp or disability? We know very little about his character, besides the fact that he has (wait for it)...BREAST CANCER...and he's a dbag.

by Anonymousreply 93September 28, 2018 8:46 PM

I'm okay with James Roday's fit-fat chubster body -it's his hair and the shaping on that beard that look bad. Also, he has a slap-able look on his face in every publicity photo that only works on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson posters. You KNOW WHAT I'm talking about. It's a head tilt, *cocked eyebrow* arms folded/legs akimbo look that says "...How's THIS going to Work?!?!?!?!?!"

by Anonymousreply 94September 28, 2018 8:50 PM

ALSO: it's virtually impossible to have a meaningful conversation deeper than a bowl of FUCKING cereal at a public sporting event and hockey is no different. The crowd is loud as hell and the game is loud as hell. There'd be all kinds of interruptions, penalty buzzers, sirens - I'm a freak about realistic sound -and lots of shows make the mistake of capturing quiet or even whispered dialogue in places where you wouldn't be able to hear anything below a shout.

by Anonymousreply 95September 28, 2018 8:57 PM

The folder that Jon's assistant took and hid -plus the files she was deleting (although -why she would delete those late at night and not right away if they were incriminating -who knows?) was labeled "RUTLEDGE" -is that a Boston suburb?

by Anonymousreply 96September 28, 2018 9:06 PM

Did you know Jon is actually still ALIVE right now? He doesn't kill himself until October 12th. There is still time for his friends to prevent this! They have 3 weeks time. The widow says she wishes she had a time machine. Well, here's your chance, lady. Don't blow these 3 weeks and get your husband to change his mind about jumping off the balcony.

by Anonymousreply 97September 28, 2018 9:59 PM

...okay, what's all this bullshit? Is this some type of alternate reality -chosen path, "This is what COULD happen" type scenario? -I don't get it. In the timeline of the show, he hasn't jumped yet-? Is the show taking place in real time? DAMMIT, I want ANSWERS!

by Anonymousreply 98September 29, 2018 12:52 AM

...and again, if Jon isn't there to interrupt cancer salad's doctor visit at the OBGYN's office -then there'd be no reason for Cancer Salad to call Rome's character and get him to spit up all those pills-and also, there'd be no reason for Eddie to not leave his wife -and there'd be no reason for Jon's wife not to leave Jon.

So---alternate timeline, if Jon lives-Rome will be the one dead, and D-Bag Eddie plus boring Delilah will run off together?

by Anonymousreply 99September 29, 2018 12:59 AM

They lost me when they explained that all those random guys got stuck on an elevator, and when it was over they all agreed to buy season hockey tickets together. Two random Black guys in Boston who are hockey fans? No fucking way.

by Anonymousreply 100September 29, 2018 1:02 AM

Plus, when did this show turn into Season 2 of SLIDERS?

by Anonymousreply 101September 29, 2018 1:03 AM

Now that I think about it? --If Jon ended up banging everybody's girl in the group, (besides cancer salad-let's be real the show would have us believe that he's a lethario, but he's so bitter and bitchy -he's more of a sexually frustrated, misogynistic incel) that would be an amazing twist!

by Anonymousreply 102September 29, 2018 1:15 AM

Also, when Cancer Salad loudly exclaimed in the breast-friends cancer survivor group -"Yeah, believe ME -I WISH it was BALL CANCER!" that's a bullshit thing to say, and I don't believe him. Ask any dude at a bar -"Hey, Bro? Would you rather lose your pec(s) or your balls to cancer-?" Pecs would be at the top of that list. Shit-man? I'd rather get brain cancer than lose my nuts.

by Anonymousreply 103September 29, 2018 1:18 AM

Yeah that fucking people in cancer survivor groups is very Chuck Palahniuk. And again, why is he allowed to make a personal call in the doctor's appt but the doctor isn't?

by Anonymousreply 104September 29, 2018 1:28 AM

It was pure trash.

by Anonymousreply 105September 29, 2018 1:33 AM

Neither one of them should be making calls in the Doctor's office, but the Dr. is supposed to be the professional here, and for him to be making food plans while he has a patient there, that was just pretty unprofessional.

Then again, what do I care? It was just a stupid, contrived scene on a stupid, contrived TV show. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 106September 29, 2018 1:37 AM

I will never watch this show. In fact, I wanted to kill myself just watching the YouTube link further up. But I'm living for this thread!

by Anonymousreply 107September 29, 2018 2:02 AM

[quote]...and again, if Jon isn't there to interrupt cancer salad's doctor visit at the OBGYN's office -then there'd be no reason for Cancer Salad to call Rome's character and get him to spit up all those pills-

How did Cancer Salad get the call before the wife?

by Anonymousreply 108September 29, 2018 2:22 AM

The wife was fucking Kings of Leon guy, neither of them got their phones.

by Anonymousreply 109September 29, 2018 2:23 AM

Who called Cancer Salad? And why was he the one to have to tell everyone else, including the widow?

by Anonymousreply 110September 29, 2018 2:27 AM

Same r107!

by Anonymousreply 111September 29, 2018 2:36 AM

Who didn't call Cancer Salad is the question? Don't the cops always call next of kin AND whoever you have season tickets with? Seriously though, if the premise is that they all became besties after an elevator breakdown and are now the people you call to finance your wife's restaurant and tell about your breast cancer, etc. then why is the premise also that you really don't know anyone and you never say anything of substance to your best friends? How can it be both. Oh and whoever said this is a "fresh concept" is a cave dweller. This has been done to death on every show and lifetime movie ever. How well do you really know someone, etc. And I find it hard to believe that Cancer Salad is giving him a raving eugoogly, if you are facing mortality not by your own hands, you would be fucking furious if some selfish prick offed himself.

by Anonymousreply 112September 29, 2018 2:37 AM

whats a eugoogly?

by Anonymousreply 113September 29, 2018 4:30 PM

sorry r112 I figured it out on my own.

by Anonymousreply 114September 29, 2018 4:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 29, 2018 6:30 PM

It made no sense that Cancer Salad made it to Jon’s home and told his wife that he was dead—all before *she* knew, in the era of cell phones.

She’s *outside* the house when he arrives/tells her, no longer in bed with that creepy Eddie guy, so how did she not notice all the calls from law enforcement (and others) blowing up her phone to inform her of Jon’s death??

Also: Jon’s kids seemed *really* chill about their young father suddenly being dead—and dead from suicide at that.

WTF?!?

This show is so contrived that none the characters actions come close to resembling real human behavior.

by Anonymousreply 116September 29, 2018 7:33 PM

Who tries to kill themselves with tons of weirdly shaped pills and tap water in front of their kitchen counter while fielding phone calls?

by Anonymousreply 117September 29, 2018 7:35 PM

Years ago when Howard Stern was funny, Rob Zombie was on saying how he tried to kill himself but was saved by a call from I forget who. Anyhow, Howard gave him tons of shit for stopping hanging himself to answer the phone. That's all I can think of with this. Just a way for this attention whore to tell everyone how suicidal he was.

by Anonymousreply 118September 29, 2018 7:51 PM

...so, the cops called Cancer Salad -when Jon died because (???) and even if Jon's wife was getting dicked down (and had her ringer off after Jon's unanswered phone call to Eddie's cell) -wouldn't her kids be home from school by the time she got back from *Starbucks-and-a-fuck?

by Anonymousreply 119September 29, 2018 9:13 PM

This show makes no emotional or logical sense, R119.

by Anonymousreply 120September 30, 2018 11:19 PM

Also: Jon’s alleged last real estate deal being buying a huge space for his failed restauranteur friend’s new restaurant was so unrealistic and pathetic.

Why would he just give so much money away to these people (who are not even really struggling financially)? It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 121September 30, 2018 11:23 PM

I have never watched even a moment of "This is Us" and could tell from the previews for this that it was a ripoff of that show.

Delicious to see something so baldly and cynically derivative greeted with the scorn and mockery it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 122October 1, 2018 12:06 AM

R121, the buying of the restaurant space really made no sense. It is so presumptuous of Jon to think she would even like the space/area. I did assume it was less of a gift and more of a now I am your landlord type thing, but still, it was an awkward gesture at best.

They felt like they barely knew each other because they did hardly know each other. The guys never saw each other outside the hockey games. Grace Park was so busy she was annoyed she even had to attend the funeral/wake. The widow and the chef seemed the closest, but still.

by Anonymousreply 123October 1, 2018 2:05 AM

Cancer Girl seemed the closest to them.

by Anonymousreply 124October 1, 2018 9:58 AM

And *she* just met them all in this first episode, R124!

by Anonymousreply 125October 1, 2018 10:08 AM

Begging pardon, but why is Roday's character called "Cancer Salad"?

by Anonymousreply 126October 1, 2018 10:19 AM

R126 It's a reference to a scene in the series trailer, where the fat bearded guy is sitting in his doctor's office waiting for his cancer diagnosis, and in the middle of it, the doctor takes a call to complain about the salad her ordered for lunch. It's such a ridiculous scene and so unrealistic and overwrought, so the DL queens simply began referring to the fat dude as "Cancer Salad."

by Anonymousreply 127October 1, 2018 1:26 PM

So, I've had all this time to brew and stew -and I have no idea where the characters are going to go from here. It's like ---ok? They are going to flash backwards to when Jon was still breathing and we'll get to see how unhappy he really was? The rest of the characters -I just can't give two shits about. Sorry, I just can't -and yes-I keep posting to this thread, but no. I refuse to keep watching. I refuse.

by Anonymousreply 128October 3, 2018 5:11 AM

So, did the Psych guy get a divorce from his black husbear? Where is the black husbear? He better not be the one that committed suicide because, let's face it, that Psych guy is so grating without the black husbear.

OMG! I JUST SAW A MIME KILL A GUY!

Wait, what were we talking about?

by Anonymousreply 129October 3, 2018 5:20 AM

R129, his black husbear gets annoyed by his cancer salad antics and now is munching on Gabriel Macht's dick instead in suits.

by Anonymousreply 130October 3, 2018 5:46 AM

Is Mindy playing the black husbear? I heard she underwent a total transformation to make the mid-season plot twist reveal have more gravitas.

by Anonymousreply 131October 3, 2018 12:15 PM

A listener on the radio show I listen to in the morning said they would really like to watch the show, but James Roday was a jerk in high school and it ruined the show for them.

by Anonymousreply 132October 3, 2018 1:40 PM

Thank you, r127!

Roday killed his career by cheating on his long-time gf and "Psych" series actress. And by gaining weight, aging, and growing an unattractive beard.

Plus, even the method of suicide seems "off," for both the character (hanging would be more probable) and the series (we all know John went "splat" into a horrible mess).

by Anonymousreply 133October 3, 2018 1:52 PM

I love beards -but James Roday's beard is the worst. It doesn't flatter his face -and it looks sprayed on.

by Anonymousreply 134October 3, 2018 2:51 PM

This is proof that personality can make or break someone. I bet we would think he was cute if not for his smarminess. I wonder if that's what he was going for? It sounds like everyone hates him and poor Ron is being overlooked even though this is his most important work.

by Anonymousreply 135October 3, 2018 3:02 PM

I have just had my teeth set on edge by watching a 30-second trailer for this thing.

Kid: “did he do it because of me?”

“Band of dads”

Woman with cancer: “I did everything I was supposed to and I still got cancer. I’m not playing by the rules anymore.”

Agh, irritated by even the ad for it.

by Anonymousreply 136October 3, 2018 3:50 PM

Ron Livingston might be appearing in these first few episodes, but he is not a series regular on the show; he is only listed as a guest star.

David Giuntoli gets first starring series regular billing, so technically it is his show.

by Anonymousreply 137October 3, 2018 5:10 PM

No, Ron Livingston gets the Heather Locklear "and Ron Livingston" billing so technotronically it is his show.

by Anonymousreply 138October 3, 2018 6:05 PM

Nope. You’re wrong R138. Just checked the pilot again on Hulu and Ron is 100% the first person listed as a guest star in the opening credits. He is NOT “and Ron Livingston,” but “Guest Starring Ron Livingston.”

by Anonymousreply 139October 3, 2018 6:59 PM

But adding that if he was added to the cast as a series regular after the pilot, that is completely possible, though it appears the original intent was only to have him as a guest star.

by Anonymousreply 140October 3, 2018 7:04 PM

...If he's had a starring role in mainstream cinema (which Ron L has) -doesn't that trump the others who haven't?

by Anonymousreply 141October 3, 2018 8:05 PM

Ok, watching ep 2 on Hulu. Ron is still listed as a guest star, so I wonder how long he will stick around.

The assistant couldn’t have told the barista that she didn’t need two coffees today? And she really thought the best course of action was to bring the extra coffee over to her dead boss’ widow???

Also Grimm wore a yin yang necklace? What year is this taking place exactly? Way to make him as douchey as possible!

by Anonymousreply 142October 4, 2018 10:20 AM

Behind every smile is another story.

Who wrote this dialogue!

And how is Grimm supposed to learn a father daughter dance in so little time?

by Anonymousreply 143October 4, 2018 10:29 AM

Cancer girl is “not playing by the rules anymore.”

She tells her ex, “I didn’t leave you. I left old me.”

by Anonymousreply 144October 4, 2018 10:34 AM

In every relationship there’s a flower and gardener. It sounds like you’ve been the gardener for a long time. You need to be the flower.

by Anonymousreply 145October 4, 2018 10:48 AM

Wait, Romany knew the dance the entire time and said nothing? What kind of logic is that?

by Anonymousreply 146October 4, 2018 10:55 AM

I refuse to watch this crap, but I want to continue hating on it. Here's a recap for anyone in my shoes. And really, if Jon was such a legend and his death affected so many, surely news would have filtered through to the barista? I know, it's the least of this shitshows problems but it irritates me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 4, 2018 11:45 AM

Just noticed the salad encologist is named Dr Martin. As in Doc Marten... joke was heard before on some medical drama (maybe ER? House MD?).

by Anonymousreply 148October 4, 2018 12:23 PM

[quote]David Giuntoli gets first starring series regular billing, so technically it is his show.

I could be wrong (I only watched the first episode) but I think the billing is actually in alphabetical order.

by Anonymousreply 149October 4, 2018 12:40 PM

R149, upon viewing the second ep (when I was paying attention to Livingston’s billing) I noticed that the series regular adults are listed in alphabetical order. Three of the children are also series regulars and they are listed in alphabetical order after the adults. (Were it to be purely alphabetical then Tristan Byon would lead off the credits.)

I know Grace Park was a late replacement, but she has been given nothing to do these first two episodes. I guess she’s the lucky one!

They handled the gay plot well, I thought. At least that’s a positive thing to say about the show.

by Anonymousreply 150October 4, 2018 1:27 PM

Wait, what gay plot? I totally missed that (didn't see the second episode). I looked back through the posts here and saw R129's. So James Roday's character is gay or was R129 making a joke?

by Anonymousreply 151October 4, 2018 1:32 PM

No, Roday is not gay, but was involved in the plot. Livingston’s son is gay, but closeted.

He was talking about a crush without using pronouns and then quickly said her name was Ella. Roday confronted him that maybe “Ella” wasn’t really a girl, but the boy still denied it.

Later the boy was upset and wondered allowed to Roday if his dad killed himself because he knew that he had a son “like him.” Roday said his dad would have had he same accepting reaction he did. Roday is now being set up to be the boy’s surrogate father/mentor.

by Anonymousreply 152October 4, 2018 1:45 PM

That fucking Pearl Jam shirt...ugh.

by Anonymousreply 153October 4, 2018 2:44 PM

People in this shoe can never simply talk. They have to engage in banter. Tedious, trite banter.

Only saw bits and pieces of last night's episode but the alcohol poisoning drinking game phrases or words would have been "Are you OK?" and "Soph?/!"

by Anonymousreply 154October 4, 2018 3:15 PM

R148 There is a show called Doc Martin. And agree about that fucking Pearl Jam shirt, R153. I want to punch this show in the face.

by Anonymousreply 155October 4, 2018 4:17 PM

So... I caved and watched the next episode on HULU, but I swear -I did it all for the cringe-watching-and it delivered like Grubhub.

by Anonymousreply 156October 4, 2018 9:16 PM

This episode entitled "BAND of DADS" -the fact that only one of them has a kid (he barely gives a shit about)-but nevermind...

by Anonymousreply 157October 4, 2018 9:18 PM

Ratings are shit this is us this is not.

by Anonymousreply 158October 4, 2018 9:22 PM

Eddie's kid is a real bad actor. It's bad...it's real, REAL bad. I've seen a more believable performance from an 80's Land O'Lakes margarine commercial.

by Anonymousreply 159October 4, 2018 9:22 PM

R159 Does abc not know how to cast asian child actors? Lily from modern family is the pits also.

by Anonymousreply 160October 4, 2018 9:25 PM

It's upsetting how Eddie continues to show zero remorse and no regret -right up until the end of the episode (and just for 20 seconds). He ditched and bailed on Jon & D's teen daughter -all because he didn't have the balls to "BE JON!" ---and also at the last minute. You can be sure he was sure to excuse his own bad behavior with dry tears (for himself) -and how tough it was to try to fill in even in an emergency, and he did. Total waste of time for Sophia aka "Soaf!" (the teen daughter) to spend hours teaching him what looked like complicated choreography...just so he could leave her to twist in the wind like a true shithead. Rome's character knew every bit of the pop-lock-and-drop routine because --------he and Jon went over it together...and Delilah ended up tearfully thanking Eddie for, what? I'm not sure-being a poon? Fucking BOGUS!

by Anonymousreply 161October 4, 2018 9:33 PM

Let's talk about the man jewelry...are we to believe that the show has taken us backwards in time to...1995? My fucking ass he'd wear a grunge choker enamel yin-yang pendant on a black leather chord. Was he JORdan FUCKIng Catalano for Halloween?!?

by Anonymousreply 162October 4, 2018 9:39 PM

Also, I can't take the plucky guitar douche rock.

by Anonymousreply 163October 4, 2018 9:41 PM

Also, Are we to believe that yellow police tape at an investigation site is going to stay in place forever? Does everybody have easy access to Jon's executive office -day or night, I presume?

by Anonymousreply 164October 4, 2018 9:43 PM

...and also, I don't believe for one single second that Cancer Salad (who couldn't be arsed to show up on time for Jon's funeral) -would give TWO gloppy shits about showing up bright and early to the Dixon McMansion for an impromptu AM breakfast-and-paper-towels brunch...along with Rome and Regina (who also stopped by) -and also Maggie, and also Jon's assistant ---and also Eddie --*WHO? Exactly? ---Who set that shit up? Delilah? Maggie (Breast Cancer GF) was already there... did she invite everybody? Rome and Regina really sounded like they were doing an uninvited pop-in visit.

by Anonymousreply 165October 4, 2018 9:50 PM

While I'm at it ---is Delilah going to whisper every single line?

by Anonymousreply 166October 4, 2018 9:52 PM

Sure, I can understand being supportive after a death and offering to help -but the whole "BAND of DADS" concept of "Filling in for Jon!" and "Filling Jon's shoes!" -is utter bullshit. It's also disrespectful to Delilah as a parent, because it's saying she's not enough and it's assuming she's unable to care for her children. It's dismissive and intrusive to the children's grief, as well.

by Anonymousreply 167October 4, 2018 9:57 PM

Plus *DON'T FORGET: none of them paid any mind to Jon and Delilah's children during or after the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 168October 4, 2018 9:58 PM

Also-who the fuck is babysitting Eddie's kid this whole time? His bill-paying workaholic wife has a *NeverendingPERMAcareer she never clocks out of...who's watching his shitty-actor son? Do they have a nanny? I don't think Eddie works...

by Anonymousreply 169October 4, 2018 10:08 PM

I swear to Satan -if they work in a gimmick, where Jon and D's teen daughter "SOAF-!" gets a crush on Eddie and embarrasses herself...oh, wait?

by Anonymousreply 170October 4, 2018 10:10 PM

...and I also swear to Satan -if the work in another gimmick, where Jon and D's pre-teen son "???"(---what the hell was his name? Aaaaah, who could give a shit!?!) gets a crush on Cancer Salad and embarrasses himself...oh, wait?

by Anonymousreply 171October 4, 2018 10:36 PM

Anyone who insists you call him “Uncle Gary"-? Run for the fucking hills, kids!

by Anonymousreply 172October 4, 2018 10:53 PM

I recorded the premier episode and watched it a few nights ago. Halfway into the episode, I was completely bored. But to give it a fair shot, I fast forwarded to the final few minutes to see if anything compelling was waiting there.But there was nothing.

Didn't particularly like the characters. Don't especially care that Ron Livingston committed suicide. I am vaguely intrigued what was in the envelope he left, but not enough to put up with these boring characters.

Glad I gave it a chance. Glad I don't have to watch it again.

So, I can't participate in this thread any further, but I commend you all for hate watching the series beyond the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 173October 4, 2018 11:23 PM

The writers just have no idea how to set up a scene. They need a big group scene with all the series regulars present so bagels/paper towel breakfast happens and everyone shows up because.

And you’re telling me the assistant went over to the widow’s house to drop off an extra latte, went back to the office and then went back to the widow’s house to have them sign the restaurant contracts? Who is paying her salary? How long will she remain employed?

The Asian kid is awful and his questions about war came out of nowhere. They didn’t tie into the theme of the episode and we never saw the kid again so we didn’t hear eddie’s answer.

We haven’t even discussed how Romany staked Cancer Girl at her work and forced a therapy session on her. Oy!

by Anonymousreply 174October 4, 2018 11:24 PM

Enjoy hate watching this dreck while you can, because something tells me it won't be around for long.

by Anonymousreply 175October 4, 2018 11:29 PM

Eddie's kid, (the shitty actor) -maybe the writers are setting him up to go from being a 'wide-eyed sweetie-pie to being a little psycho after his parents split? If I were him-? I'd be hella pissed and ready to whoop ass that my father was running around playing "Band of Dads" to some other asshole's kids instead of spending time with me (that wasn't bedtime).

by Anonymousreply 176October 4, 2018 11:32 PM

While I'm at it-? It's never ending bedtime rituals with these types of shows...read 5 books, "Oh let's sing a song!" "Oh? Didja brush yer teeth, too...And gargle with ACT® Anticavity Fluoride Rinse? And floss-?" "Gimme a kiss, and one for bear-Bear!" "Let's have a quick sock puppet show, and then it's sleepytime!" "Oooh TUCK IN TRAIN!" At the end of the day, most parents (especially ones like Eddie who are at home) are tired as hell and just want the little Gremlin to go to sleep-not do a PBS floor show. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 177October 4, 2018 11:35 PM

I still say Jon's assistant Ashley is either some kind of murderess or she's covering her ass, or she's a McGuffin...or all of the above. Either way I'm not buying any of her shit. If I were Delilah and her fucked up-choppy wig, I'd be concerned...and no way in hell would I let her be snooping around my home or doing pop-in visits uninvited...and I'd be like "Stop hugging me, please. I'm not the 'Snuggle BEar, BiTCH!"

by Anonymousreply 178October 4, 2018 11:40 PM

I also think it's kind of shitty how everybody is leaning on Delilah to support THEM -and not the other way around. She handles it all with a sad (yet radiant) smile and behaves with a lot of natural hospitality and grace -but in reality? There'd be some push back, at least that's how it was with a buddy of mine who offed himself. His widow was a sullen and hostile to anybody who was a former friend -refused help saying "I don't want your PITY!" and tightened her circle to immediate family only.

by Anonymousreply 179October 4, 2018 11:49 PM

None of these people act like their (ostensibly) good friend offed himself. There’s no drama. No emotion. No anger. Little guilt. They’re all cracking jokes and sleeping around and learning dance routines and generally being wrapped up in their own issues. There’s no stopping for self-reflection.

Of course, this approach could work if the show were trying to point out how narcissistic and self-involved society has become, but it’s pushing the opposite: that we feel for these losers!

by Anonymousreply 180October 5, 2018 12:03 AM

It's called a million little things cause when Jon hit the pavement there was a million little pieces of him splattered everywhere. But don't let that stop you from enjoying your dance routine. Soph!

by Anonymousreply 181October 5, 2018 2:18 AM

Thank you, R152.

by Anonymousreply 182October 5, 2018 5:12 AM

So how long has Eddie been doing the widow? Long enough for the little gayling to be his kid and not Jonathan's ?

by Anonymousreply 183October 5, 2018 8:10 AM

No, not that long. He only met Jon in the elevator a few years ago. (Did Jon have no other friends? Family? Work colleagues?) remember that scene last night where Eddie and Delilah were at Soph’s softball game (say that ten times fast) and we saw the start of Eddie’s feelings for her?

Does the widow have no family? You would think a parent, sibling, cousin- someone!- would be over to help her through this.

by Anonymousreply 184October 5, 2018 8:33 AM

Why isn't there a trans person or an Asian character on this show?

by Anonymousreply 185October 5, 2018 9:42 AM

Have you been paying any attention, R185? There are TWO Asian series regulars on the show. No trans character, but there is a gay/queer character.

by Anonymousreply 186October 5, 2018 10:20 AM

I didn't see no Asians.

by Anonymousreply 187October 5, 2018 12:12 PM

"Life began for all of us the day that elevator stalled..."

by Anonymousreply 188October 5, 2018 12:53 PM

Isn't the secretary the actress who was in AHS season 1 as the young maid?

by Anonymousreply 189October 5, 2018 1:21 PM

R29. I agree. He was kinda of hot in the early seasons of Psych.

The bro thing works a lot better in comedy. I don’t think the guy has much range at all.

I don’t even watch This is Us and knew it was a rip off.

by Anonymousreply 190October 5, 2018 1:45 PM

r188 Holy shit, did they really say that? I'm sure the rest of their families are so happy to hear that they were merely props holding a place for Jon to come and make everyone feel alive.

by Anonymousreply 191October 5, 2018 4:05 PM

It's a simple take on cheating and infidelity too. Eddie and Delilah's affair is one of availabity. "Because it was there!" cheating. Not because of loneliness and wanting a real connection with someone...not dissatisfaction with the primary relationship...not even general horniness or the thrill of doing something elicit to fight off middle class boredom...Eddie claims he "loves everybody" and that he's in love with Delilah - but that's a lie he enjoys telling, and consistently fails to show.

by Anonymousreply 192October 5, 2018 5:08 PM

I tried this show for about 30 minutes on Hulu but couldn't sustain interest . the fact that they all became besties after getting stuck in an elevator was just unbelievable. It just seemed to have the depth of a beer commercial.

by Anonymousreply 193October 5, 2018 5:17 PM

r193 "Here's to good friends, tonight is kinda special..."

by Anonymousreply 194October 5, 2018 5:46 PM

Haven't watched the show but this Eddie character sounds like a real prick.

by Anonymousreply 195October 5, 2018 7:07 PM

Bump R193 & R194, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 196October 5, 2018 8:48 PM

I succumbed to morbid curiosity and streamed eps 1 and 2 last night here in Aus. The recaps make more sense than the actual episodes, which are stupidly premised, cobbled together scenes of alternately "comedic", "touching" or "mysterious" cliches. The actors are banal and irritating (with the exception of Romany Malco, the only actor in this capable of eliciting some sympathy). Jon is held up as some paragon of virtuous friendship, inspiration and sacrifice when in reality he's a smug, annoying chump. And I like Ron Livingston but close ups of him are not flattering - the lighting, makeup and angles manage to make him look like the love child of Dean Cain and John Goodman. I think all the characters in this show should kill themselves.

by Anonymousreply 197October 6, 2018 12:47 AM

Not to be an asshole, or anything -(and I don't have a teenage daughter) -but-? Exactly how many "Father/Daughter" activities to teen girls do with their Dads? I honestly have zero idea... Was the softball -or baseball -was that a Father/Daughter league or was Ron Livingston's character the coach? -And what was Eddie doing at that game anyways? His kid isn't old enough to play in that game? A lot of my friend's kids play softball, basketball, soccer, etc -but I don't go to any games (or even get an invite) -not unless it was some kind of Sectional Playoff?

by Anonymousreply 198October 6, 2018 4:05 AM

Soph’s softball game was a normal girl’s game. I got the impression that Jon was too busy with work to attend and since Eddie is an out of work/has-been musician, he had plenty of free time to be Soph’s surrogate father and attend the games with Delilah. It was strongly implied that this is where they started falling for each other.

by Anonymousreply 199October 6, 2018 4:13 AM

I love these Million little shits threads and contributed to it quite a bit (Mindy and Non Mindy humor) so please don't mind if I'm off topic by sharing this and wanting DL approval I I love you bitches) It's not as good as an illustration of Miss Cohn or Cancer Salad but still....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 6, 2018 6:36 PM

Recap of ep 3 haters - the ludicrousness continues!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 11, 2018 3:28 AM

Who did Grace Park replace?

And why is their kid full Asian?

by Anonymousreply 202October 11, 2018 11:58 AM

[quote]Who did Grace Park replace?

Mindy had to depart under mysterious circumstances (totally not for a Facts of Life reboot with Mindy starring as the new headmistress), so Grace graciously stepped in until Mindy can return. Mindy will just swap in for Grace with no explanation except for a jubilant message from Jon about Kafka.

by Anonymousreply 203October 11, 2018 12:48 PM

from the recap: "The whole thing explodes in a brawl that ends with Gary pinning Eddie (I’ve gotta give it to James Roday — he commits to the anger, and a slightly outta control Gary drools on Eddie as a result); the outburst gets all three of them thrown in the penalty box."

God I hate Cancer Salad, and you know he thinks this is his most important work also.

by Anonymousreply 204October 11, 2018 3:25 PM

Gawd..."Meanwhile, Gary is shirty with Maggie — he very snippily tells her to leave him alone — and then winds up at Delilah’s door. “Why wasn’t he enough? He was enough for me,” Gary says. Delilah says that’s just it: Jon was everything to everyone, “which was great, except that I just got forgotten."

by Anonymousreply 205October 11, 2018 3:28 PM

Oh boy. I just watched ep three on Hulu. As much of a doozy as it was, I do have to give the writers credit for not dragging out the reveal that Eddie and Delilah were sleeping together. This could have easily been the mid-season finale cliffhanger, but they thankfully are moving through the plot quickly.

As for the rest:

The guys had such an over-reaction to the news that Eddie was sleeping with Delilah. It was so over the top that you would have thought they found out Eddie was a serial killer or something. The women had a much more realistic response with Delilah.

This was the first episode without Ron Livingston (not counting a few seconds of flashback footage from the pilot, but he did not receive credit for this episode).

The scene with Grace Park returning Delilah’s scarf on her lunch break was ridiculous. You are telling me that this ultra workaholic who couldn’t even be bothered to stay more than five minutes at Jon’s wake would have taken the time out of her busy day to drive a scarf over to Delilah??? Also, Park saying the only person she wanted to call was Jon struck me as odd considering how emotionless she was at the funeral.

Delilah slowly getting out of her car in the pouring rain and then getting into Park’s car all wet would have pissed me off. First you sleep with my husband and then you get into my car sopping wet? Bitch!

How wealthy was Jon? Setting up a birthday party with a pro-hockey team must have been extremely expensive. Like he must have been loaded. It seems they live a comfortable like, but not obscenely wealthy.

“This is real life!”

“It wasn’t one thing. It was probably a million things!” (Just like the name of this show!)

“He left a voicemail saying “Love each other.” “You think he meant me?” “Maybe he meant all of us.”

by Anonymousreply 206October 11, 2018 11:09 PM

That vague message will cause endless angst and torture, smart writing for that gente.

by Anonymousreply 207October 11, 2018 11:21 PM

What was Grace Park's reaction when she found out Delilah was sleeping with her husband? Did she slap her?

by Anonymousreply 208October 12, 2018 12:19 AM

If you want the details, here’s how the reveal went down. Eddie’s cell rang while he was out of the room and Park answered the phone- is this invasion of privacy normal married couple behavior? Turns out it was the hotel with the message that they searched for the missing necklace but couldn’t find it. Eddie returns to the room and there is a confrontation. Yelling, but no slapping.

Roday, on the other hand, overhears the conversation and goes COMPLETELY NUTS.

Park goes to confront Delilah in the rain, all ready to scream and destroy her, but Delilah isn’t home. By the time Delilah does return, Park has calmed down and quietly tells Delilah that she has already paid the ultimate price by losing Jon.

At the end of the episode, Eddie tells Park that it’s over and he’ll do anything she wants. Park asks, “Do you love her?” Eddie hesitates and Park slaps him, hands him a blanket and storms out of the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 209October 12, 2018 12:40 AM

Thank you, R209.

by Anonymousreply 210October 12, 2018 1:00 AM

How was Ron Livingston paid for this gig? A one-time fee? Or does he get residuals every time his character's name Jon is mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 211October 12, 2018 1:49 AM

I get money whenever they say some variation of "a million things", "it's always darkest before the dawn" and "damn it, Jon!"

by Anonymousreply 212October 12, 2018 2:15 AM

That necklace was fug. Cancer salad actor is waaaaaay over the top. His scenes amuse me for the pure fact that he's straining so hard to act that it looks like he's going to soil his pants. Why is the receptionist still turning up to the office, Jon's dead so who is directing her? Sure ain't dumbass Delilah. Where has Soph disappeared to, what of the gay child? God I hate this show but I can't look away.

by Anonymousreply 213October 12, 2018 2:16 AM

Have the contents of the envelope been revealed by the receptionist? Was she a fuck bud mistress whore?

by Anonymousreply 214October 12, 2018 2:20 AM

The “mystery” with the assistant was not advanced at all this episode. I find it odd that she’s a series regular because her character is easily the most disposable. Maybe she will be pregnant with Jon’s baby so she has to stay around.

None of the three kids appeared in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 215October 12, 2018 2:33 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, Sweet Jesus. This episode was dumb as all fuck. Where to begin...?

by Anonymousreply 216October 12, 2018 5:42 AM

Tell us everything r216, I don't want to watch, I want to read recaps and hear from my fellow dl'ers. I hear Cancer Salad is like aggressively annoying in this one, like he's trying to be douchey.

by Anonymousreply 217October 12, 2018 5:46 AM

The stunt of Eddie's lame-as-fuck $4.75 necklace going missing...to the point where his kid would notice him not wearing it, *and Jon would find it in the backseat of his wife's car (and then hang onto it in an obvious drawer...*AND that Eddie would have the balls ((or the stupidity)) to call the hotel he was fucking Delilah in -and report that same cheap piece o-shiite as lost, *AND give them his contact info with instructions to call for a full report whether they found it or not-*AND that the hotel housekeeping staff would have the indiscretion to *ACTUALLY call and say "yeah, sorry- we didn't find the missing necklace?" Is beyond ludicrous.

FACT: I once left my wallet in a hotel room, full of credit cards (I had to cancel) and some small cash (which went missing)...and somebody turned it into the front desk-and they *STILL* didn't do or say shit until I came in and asked about it in person-with 2 forms of ID to prove I was who I said I was.

There's no way in hell anybody would risk that type of bullshit for a gas station necklace purchased near a Burning Man rave. FUcK, I hate this bullshit show!

by Anonymousreply 218October 12, 2018 8:07 PM

ha! Thanks r218. I hope the writers are reading this.

by Anonymousreply 219October 12, 2018 8:14 PM

You can all toss my Cancer Salad!

by Anonymousreply 220October 12, 2018 8:48 PM

Delilah still continues to whisper-choke-squeak all her lines...and that thirsty wig of hers keeps getting more raggedy with each episode.

by Anonymousreply 221October 13, 2018 2:49 AM

No sign of the kids (any of them) in this episode, which is fine -since they're all shades of bleh actors ...but it's unrealistic.

by Anonymousreply 222October 13, 2018 3:18 AM

Maggie , ahhh fuck it-Cancer SIDE Salad-continues to angry jog her way through life ...no idea why she's still fucking or even tolerating Cancer Salad Gary who continues to pump and dump on her every chance she gets. She (reluctantly) agreed to treat Rome's stalker ass even though he treads over every therapeutic boundary in the fucking world.

by Anonymousreply 223October 13, 2018 3:20 AM

Each time Rome sees Maggie...it's waiting outside her office "Oh, HEY! How's it going?Here...I brought you a Latte! Or..."Here's A smoothie!" Or-? Have one of Gina's AMAZING homemade birthday cookies for Gary!!!!" - and she has asserted numerous times that she can't be both a therapist and a friend...and even though he has met her-what? A handful of times...he exclaims "...but I'm COMFORTABLE WITH YOU!!" Again, he barely knows her-what it's not like she's especially warm or insightful or observant. She comes off as bitchy and uncomfortable with other people's problems when she's not clocked in.

...again, the problem is ME for watching, but dammit-I can't stop. Because, yeah. Why wouldn't Cancer Side Salad want a suicidal client while she's experiencing a health crisis and not taking new patients?

Also...She *JOGS* to the office in workout gear-where the fuck does she shower (or even change clothes?!) Her pussy must STINK!

by Anonymousreply 224October 13, 2018 3:30 AM

Cancer Salad was insufferable this entire episode, and couldn't stop being a twat for even five seconds just because it was his birthday.

Jon's birthday surprise? A surprise stretch limo-day rental and a Boston Bruins "ON THE ICE" cloud9 style fantasy camp complete with custom jerseys and lessons from the pros...champagne? What the actual FUcK, what frau bullshit is this?

by Anonymousreply 225October 13, 2018 3:38 AM

Side Cancer Salad Maggie also *just happened* to show up at Regina and Delilee's new (unfinished) restaurant space, because she was "in the neighborhood!" -Doesn't this Bitch WORK?! *Does anybody have jobs besides Eddie's wife?

by Anonymousreply 226October 13, 2018 3:43 AM

Ha! I love you guys, I will never have to watch it, more snark, MORE!

by Anonymousreply 227October 13, 2018 3:48 AM

Giving some credit where there's credit due...Delilah's character FINALLY had some limp wristed pushback from the unrealistic river of support since the funeral. *The wackpack that is Regina/Rome/Eddie/a reluctant Cancer Side Salad and Cancer Salad ALL turned on her in pretty gross-slut shaming ways.

Eddie's wife being the only one who let her off the hook...again, not realistic. Not believable-but that Cylon can act circles around everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 228October 13, 2018 3:56 AM

Delilah said (to Regina, and Cancer Side Salad) "No, really. I'm fine. What you're doing for us...it's too much. I'm okay...in fact, I don't need cheering up right now-I'd like to just be by myself for a while..."

aaaaand Regina couldn't wait to hold her in a loooong embrace, beg D to let her "HELP" and shove a homemade cookie down her throat husk!

by Anonymousreply 229October 13, 2018 4:02 AM

Also? Those birthday cookies for Cancer Salad looked gross. Like they'd be loaded with artisinal raisins,wheatgerm,and brewer's nutritional yeast.

by Anonymousreply 230October 13, 2018 4:05 AM

Would a limo really show up without a confirmation phone call? Would a bakery really deliver a cake without a confirmation phone call?

by Anonymousreply 231October 13, 2018 4:07 AM

Why did James Rodriguez change his name to James Roday? If he didn't want to be seen as Latino, he failed since the show gave him the last name of Mendez and not Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 232October 13, 2018 4:09 AM

I'm the guy who posted that my good dear friend committed suicide so I've tried watching this show.

They're trying and I get that the writer was touched by suicide.

Here are things that don't happen in real life.

no music.

no hugs

no secrets coming out.

no upbeat moments.

It's just sad. My life without my pal is just fucking sad. I want to be with him. I'm too selfish to off myself.

I miss him.

by Anonymousreply 233October 13, 2018 4:10 AM

After Delilah's quiet plea for everyone to (gently) fuck off ((( ...and again *nobody seems to work a job in this world -but for that shifty assistant....who still is hanging out at the office doing...???)))---Cancer Side Salad Maggie (who just keeps showing up) seems to also invite herself along on all this one-on one-girl time and inner circle stuff...

If *ANYBODY* should understand the need for respectful privacy and mourning during a time of grief -it should be her. As a therapist? She'd be the first to honor a request for contemplative time alone, no? But-no.

She said "ACTUALLY, we also scheduled mani-pedis...AND afternoon facials at the spa...AND a girl's brunch at a trendy restaurant that's kinda pricey and hard to get a reservation at."

by Anonymousreply 234October 13, 2018 4:18 AM

Ensalada de cancer...

[quote] There was a James Rodriguez in SAG—I believe he was a dancer. So I would've had to throw in a middle initial or something—which I didn't think was awesome. And then what really took it home was that the first job I got—which was a sitcom pilot for ABC—one of the execs strongly suggested to me that I consider changing my name, because it was the late 90s and the NAACP was really cracking down on the networks for lack of diversity. They had it in their heads that they were going to catch all kinds of fire for casting a white guy with a Latino name and trying to say, 'look at us, we're being diverse.' This is actually something that they were concerned about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235October 13, 2018 5:39 AM

So he decided to really anglo-douche it up by growing that gross beard.

by Anonymousreply 236October 13, 2018 5:41 AM

The late 90s was 20 years ago. So if he just turned 35, he booked those pilots when he was 13, 14?

by Anonymousreply 237October 13, 2018 5:43 AM

Cancer Salad was cold dissing on Eddie's wife, ---I don't remember the exact comment -but it was the "Are ya' gonna ask for a permission slip?" -and "Heh, is that yer' wife calling to say you can have your balls back" comment---as both walked into Ed's McMansion, and Eddie's wife was at the kitchen table doing bills unexpectedly, which created a furious back peddle moment of "Oh Wow, HI Honey?!? WHat are YOU doing home-! WOW!? So...would it be okay if-? Can we--? Could you---? Listen, it's um--it's Gary's Birthday, today and um--? YOu wouldn't mind if we ---uh? Do you mind if me and the boys go play hockey-? Jon got us this ---it's a Bruin's ON THE ICE Fantasy type day thing...I know Theo had a playdate or Tai Kwon Do--could you pick him up? Is that okay?"

Eddie's wife (The BSG Cylon) was all like "Okay, sure. No problem" Then (to Cancer Salad) who was standing around ---watching Eddie squirm---and who was just shit talking Ed's wife *IN HER OWN HOUSE* she says very pointedly. "GARY? ---He's not going to need a permission slip, today."

And Gary at that point ---I can't remember if he sheepishly said he was sorry or excused himself -but he didn't seem too apologetic. Fucking DICKHEAD.

by Anonymousreply 238October 13, 2018 5:58 AM

So, the custom hockey jerseys and some of the gear were provided at the rink as part of the package deal --but are we to believe these guys all have hockey skates ready to lace up and helmets -? Nut cups? I enjoy watching polo, but it's been years since I've been on a field and it's not like I have a bunch of gear at the ready -know what I mean?

by Anonymousreply 239October 13, 2018 6:03 AM

The hotel Eddie and Delilah had one of (I'm guessing) several trysts -called Eddie's phone while he was upstairs getting his skates and shit, and his wife answered his cell -the hotel said "Hi, this is housekeeping for Blah Blah Hotel and we checked the room number you gave us -but we couldn't find the yin yang necklace you reported missing. Sorry about that!" and she confronted Eddie -he broke down and admitted to the affair ----and then it cut back to Cancer Salad and Rome looking bored, bratty and exasperated -saying "CMON! Where *IS* he?" and once Cancer Salad couldn't crush anymore candy on his phone --I guess he busted back into the house -just in time to hear Eddie blurt out that he was fucking Delilah ---and Cancer Salad made a BIG throat clearing noise or some shit. Pretty fucking insensitive for a guy who couldn't handle a delay in getting back medical results -but had no problem shaking down a marital crisis moment and making Ed and D's infidelity all about him-and his stupid birthday (that he didn't want to celebrate)...

by Anonymousreply 240October 13, 2018 6:12 AM

HA! R240, perfect, and candy crush too! Yeah I don't understand why it seems he was so fucking indignant about the whole thing, it seems like it's not really any of his business.

by Anonymousreply 241October 13, 2018 6:21 AM

I felt terrible for all the women Cancer Salad shits on in this episode.

Maggie (he was digging around in her personal belongings and teased her about a stuffed panda he found after a hookup) -and then basically broke up with her after she came over at the end of the day to wish him a happy birthday.

He seemed unimpressed with Gina's homemade cookies she made and (I guess) -NAMED after him? Is that a thing?

Delilah, he felt the need to knock-knock on her door in the middle of the night -*and keep in mind, this woman just buried her husband -AND- lost her side piece boyfriend -AND- had an ultra stressful day with Eddie's Cylon wife giving her the business -AND this is the house she shares *WITH HER CHILDREN* whom I'm guessing have ears and can hear everything in an echoing house with those vaulted high ceilings and she wouldn't want them to know about how she betrayed JON ---***CANCER SALAD just had to come on over, and slut shame her for being a dirty whore!-And ALSO* criticize Delilah for not "choosing" him in a really creepy way. He was low-grade hitting on her. It was uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 242October 13, 2018 6:22 AM

Cancer Salad was straight up abusive to Eddie in this episode in lots of ways. *Screaming at him -yelling/drooling right into his face, namecalling, pushed/shoved him, grabbed him by the throat ---punched him in the face shoulders and stomach ---(I get it, hockey is a full contact sport -but 'checking someone isn't the same as full on closed fist punches and being cold-cocked in the cock-sucker)

by Anonymousreply 243October 13, 2018 6:34 AM

Cancer Salad also sent an insulting video via email where Jon says (over and over) -"Hey, WIVES are off limits!" via his phone ...so He felt the need to also CYBER BULLY Eddie.

by Anonymousreply 244October 13, 2018 6:39 AM

Also: Cancer Salad ditched Eddie and Rome in the limo ride home and also he blamed Eddie and D for Jon's death and was all over the place crazy and unhinged. It's like HE was in love with Eddie or Jon or Delilah or was a total idiot, or all of the above.

by Anonymousreply 245October 13, 2018 6:41 AM

and ALSO: Cancer Salad also felt the need to throw verbal darts Rome's way by saying "Hey, What if I BAGGED Gina, HUH?

Yeah, that probably happened.

by Anonymousreply 246October 13, 2018 6:42 AM

The only thing that could redeem the show at this point is a flashback to them trapped in the elevator with the Grimm guy presenting hole.

by Anonymousreply 247October 13, 2018 6:50 AM

Wow. This was probably the most entertaining thread in total that I have ever read on DL. Oh my gosh. It had all of the hilarity and madness of being right there, without any of the boredom, outrage and horror of being right there. I have no idea who the actors are in the cast. Where the show is taking place. I know nothing at all about the series truly. I fell into this thread basically by mistake. And what a brilliant tumble it was. I could see it all. The teal folder. The cookie. The hotel staff person calling about the missing necklace. Thank you so much for this. It's been such a dreadful couple of weeks especially in our world. And this was pure, ridiculous fun.

by Anonymousreply 248October 13, 2018 11:58 AM

I will toss cancer salad guy's salad any day. Haters gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 249October 13, 2018 12:46 PM

That character is grating. Liked him a lot more in Psych.

by Anonymousreply 250October 13, 2018 11:04 PM

Band of Dads - This made me retch, Ron starred in band of Brothers of the whole fucking band of dads shit just seems like a really stupid in joke that took me out of the shitty as fuck episode.

Guy from Grimm needs to be naked constantly cause bitch cannot act

Cylon toaster needs to just dump all her asshole friends and run

Overweight daughter with dead dad is so going to hit on the mother fucking friend, can see it a mile off

Who is the actor playing Rome, why is he so shitty? The character and the actor

Cancer salad is such a fat obnoxious cunt he will give everyone else cancer with his endless cuntiness

I hate this show but cannot stop hate watching, IT IS SO BAD

by Anonymousreply 251October 14, 2018 9:49 PM

r251, loved your rant! And the guy playing Rome was in the "40 Year Old Virgin" he was good and funny. Maybe shitty melodrama isn't his thing.

by Anonymousreply 252October 15, 2018 1:01 AM

I can’t stand most of these characters, especially the bearded breast cancer dude. Really hate him. So why do I keep watching week after week?

by Anonymousreply 253October 15, 2018 1:05 AM

After Cancer Salad banged her, and they were lying in bed together afterwards he tapped at her head, and said "What's going on in there"?

It's like Brian Griffin from Family Guy wrote this show.

by Anonymousreply 254October 18, 2018 9:07 AM

R254 LOL! Perfect description.

by Anonymousreply 255October 18, 2018 10:03 AM

I watched the first episode and couldn't handle the hetero-schmaltz. But I am addicted to this thread!

A couple questions for our avid and hilarious recappers:

The title "A million little things" - does that really mean A million little things that psuedo friends do to fuck with you, hurt you and ultimately cause you to take your life?

Also, the strange, aloof secretary - didn't the envelope she hid look like a card - possibly a letter from Jon to his wife telling her how much he loves her and hence, he is no longer going to fuck the secretary? Wouldn't that tie things up in a pretty little bow and make Delilah feel no longer guilty about screwing Eddie? Another one of Jon's fucking "gifts" ? And the secretary hid it because she is so in love with Jon because he is, well, Jon (vomit)?

Is this why they are portraying the secretary in an unsympathetic light?

Is the therapist that Cancer Salad guy really fucked up mentally? She appeared odd and intrusive to me in the pilot episode. Would these awful writers think that is clever? Making the therapist a borderline freak?

Again, only saw the first episode - hoping my DL recappers can yea or nay my theories.

by Anonymousreply 256October 18, 2018 2:05 PM

Is the Rome character secretly gay and in love with Cancer Salad? Is that why he is so depressed and tried to off himself?

Was his line "By the way, Gary ( or whatever the fuck CS's name is) your eyes are hazel and they are beautiful" a bit if foreshadowing?

Wouldn't these hack writers think it clever that gay Rome is seeking help from the woman Cancer Salad is screwing?

Someone has to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 257October 18, 2018 2:15 PM

Someone IS gay. Jon’s son came out to Cancer Salad in episode two.

by Anonymousreply 258October 18, 2018 2:40 PM

Thanks r258. How old is the son?

by Anonymousreply 259October 18, 2018 5:00 PM

Is it still possible Rome may be gay? Does he ping?

by Anonymousreply 260October 18, 2018 5:02 PM

One of the many problems I have with how depression is portrayed here, and suicidal depression especially-the characters are performing this never-ending show and tell kickline that never really delivered either way. When it comes to psychological dysfunction -AMLT doesn't show and it rarely even explains itself in any authentic emotional way...it's the exposition express all the time...yet it has nothing to say.

Nothing to add except "...Hey, whattabout ME?!?!!"

by Anonymousreply 261October 18, 2018 5:42 PM

Every adult character in this piece-of-shit show acts like (a poorly written) wide eyed 80's adolescent. It's all moist eyes, and sarcasm, and outrage...we're a pack of smokes and an abortion away from some Elizabeth Shue rescue sequence, here people. Next episode will no doubt feature a homecooked dinner, "heartfelt" heart-to-hearts , plus grappling hooks and perky pooky sock shopping montages with fuzzy earthtone sweaters.

by Anonymousreply 262October 18, 2018 5:57 PM

We know next to nothing about Rome's character. I'm giving Romany- the actor who plays him all the credit in the world for making such a nothing sandwich out of stale air. Development wise he has zero to work with.

by Anonymousreply 263October 18, 2018 6:09 PM

Rome seems to love his wife (kinda)...or at least, he doesn't treat Regina with the unexplained/undeserved contempt Gary and Eddie reserve for Maggie and Katherine. I guess we can add Delilah to that mix too now? She's cluelessly unaware of her husband's internal suffering, how long before Regina gets dumped in the "She's SUCH a pain-in-mah-BALLS!" category of disposable female characters portrayed here? Not long, I'd imagine.

The actors who play Rome and Regina have believable chemistry. They seem to enjoy each other. There's a lot of physical affection between them plus real warmth...

We know Rome is unhappy in his career choices. He seems to copay his bills real well? The show has hinted that his work doesn't challenge him in creative ways and that his job is one of compromise and boredom...again, not sure why he's suicidal about any of this? ...And this fucking show DAMN sure ain't saying shit!

by Anonymousreply 264October 18, 2018 6:26 PM

Because he wants to make his Blockbuster movie. He quit his job to make it happen. It will be at the top of the box office and a contender for Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 265October 18, 2018 6:30 PM

With all the video footage of Jon -Rome is going to cobble together a documentary style docu series (with Maggie's help)-about depression and 'One Brave Man's Search for Unexplained Answers!'

It'll put some strain on his relationship with his judgemental wife (who might reconsider her partnership with Delilah's HO Train) and it'll cause some disunity and needed friction between Rome and Gary "...Hey, MAN?!! Jon wouldn't be wanting dirty laundry hung out for everybody to see/sniff/roll around on-chew a hole in and then jog off to-you JERK face!" - ((marshmallow punch))-"WHY can't we just let Jon RIP, MAN?!?"

...and then Rome will accept an indie film festival award (in Jon's honor)-and he'll have a standing ovation, and Eddie will be facing the corner (zoned out at the wall) and wondering how toaster strudel 'works'

by Anonymousreply 266October 18, 2018 6:44 PM

But isn't Eddie married to a toaster?

by Anonymousreply 267October 18, 2018 6:52 PM

R267 The best toaster, indeed

by Anonymousreply 268October 18, 2018 10:59 PM

LOL^^^ Thanks gentlemen/women. Guess Rome is not gay.......yet. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 269October 19, 2018 2:07 AM

Delilah's hair really shits me too. It's worse than Meghan's and that's saying something! I find it hard to believe that Katherine would have been happy to stay for pizza and sit across the table from the woman her husband was boning on the side. And why is Gary always at their house? The psychologist with breast cancer is a strange character. On the one hand I find her the most relatable (and the better actor of the bunch), and yet she's willing to put up with Cancer Salad and his annoying, co-dependent group of friends. Also, they're clearly setting up for a tearjerker exit for her as she forgoes treatment and lives out her last months on her terms, all the while teaching Cancer Salad and crew to follow their dreams and live life to the fullest. I agree Romany Malco does the best he can with what he's been given, and out of all of them he had the best chemistry with the other characters. His wife is a pompous bitch though who seems oblivious to everything happening around her. Also, Delilah's accent shits me. Her face is also annoying, like a slightly withered prune with a bad wig. And Eddie - I was once a musician hence the cheap band tshirts - is such a nothing character. Even the threat of his alcoholic relapse is entirely uninteresting. I think the aloof secretary will be revealed to have been in love with Jon but it was not reciprocated. Another thought, in real life you just know that lecherous Uncle Gary would be putting the moves on 'Soph' (who should have been wearing a hair net or at least tied her hair back whilst preparing the pizzas).

by Anonymousreply 270October 19, 2018 2:47 AM

That Doctor telling Maggie "You won't live beyond a year!" Is utter TV bullshit which would've been phrased "It's difficult to say, without treatment you might have 12 months-or less, could be more. What's important is that we move quickly..."

by Anonymousreply 271October 19, 2018 4:40 AM

Oh and here we FUCKING go again with the pop in visits from Jon's personal assistant...and are we to believe she's now a free babysitter? Aren't both those kids are old enough *to babysit* themselves?!?!!!

by Anonymousreply 272October 19, 2018 4:42 AM

Cancer Salad was real extra eager 'Haley Mills' parent trap-style obnoxious in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 273October 19, 2018 4:45 AM

Is her Alzheimer's Dad -Dabney Coleman?! He sounds just like him...

by Anonymousreply 274October 19, 2018 4:46 AM

Katherine watched Eddie swoop down the food prep area with a dirty sponge and angrily muttered "Why not just wipe down the counter with EColi?"

See? Katherine gives Eddie shit *cuz She's a NAG! Get it-? A NAG?!! Oh she's on giant NAG, NAG, Nag...!!!

by Anonymousreply 275October 19, 2018 4:50 AM

Oh Christ-Oh Jesus. Can we talk about that embarrassing flashback of Eddie's "band"? I can't stop cringing.

by Anonymousreply 276October 19, 2018 4:53 AM

Eddie's band-is it "The Red Birds" or "The Red Ferns"? Ahhh, fuck it. Who could give a shit? They suck. Watching Rome, and Cancer Salad dance around like a bunch of white men doing the hot potato 'pooping chicken dance -with finger pistols and fist pumping was the absolute worst...I think of them 'Rocking out and wearing backwards baseball caps trying to look 5 years younger was beyond humiliating for those actors.

"Be my Katie -BE my Katie Toniiiiiiiiight!"...and then Eddie goes back for an encore to the PACKED stadium crowd-all clapping in unison...and what the FUCK? Since when do opening acts do a 2nd set-??? And since when did KINGS of LEON sellout packed Stadium tours?!?

by Anonymousreply 277October 19, 2018 5:05 AM

"You know the rule, Soaf-? Friday Nights are dinner at home, but Everybody's invited to pizza night!"

Said by Jon's smug controlling arse, with his fire engine red caterering apron, his massive stone dome coalfire OUTDOOR oven, and his giant wooden pizza peel...that Tom Ripley could've easily whacked-N-killed Dickie Greenleaf with...

by Anonymousreply 278October 19, 2018 5:17 AM

"The story of how Jon and Delilah met ..."It all started in an airport---he was on his way to L.A. and she was on her way to France..." (SOAF! says something stupid and bitchy) "If we didn't meet at that airport ---you wouldn't EXIST!" *KISS *KISS* "THAT'S RIGHT-Everything happens for a reason!"

So---are we to believe Jon and D fucked in an airport closet or something? FUCK. I hate this dumbass show!

by Anonymousreply 279October 19, 2018 5:48 AM

LOL @ R278 with the Ripley reference!

I am not watching the show, but I am following this thread and reading recaps. I am now thoroughly confused.

R272 Jon's secretary is babysitting? Or was this in a flashback? Is she still portrayed as shady? Are we still supposed to believe she was fucking Jon? Were we ever?

Maggie refused to sleep with Cancer Salad until he pulled out the big guns and showed her his nipple-less moob??? Hasn't she already seen it with all the screwing they have done?

Maggie the therapist gets the bad news from her oncologist, counsels Rome on suicide survivor guilt, and then throws away her treatment plan???? Is she suicidal or just giving up? How is this shit gonna play out other than Cancer Salad going back to his other survivor group whores????

Eddie is a former musician or a former rock star? He played stadiums??? WTF?

Hating a show I can't bare to watch yet am simultaneously obsessed with!

by Anonymousreply 280October 19, 2018 5:50 AM

I doubt Maggie's a good therapist. I think she's cold and self absorbed. She doesn't seem to be a very good listener -and she's very irresponsible. Not very observant or well read-plus her advice giving is a no-no in therapy, isn't it? Wouldn't she be a better "life coach"-telling everybody what they should be doing? If she jumped town and bailed on her clients like that --or if she's hoping to only live for about a year (or less) -and not be in good health ---fuck, I hope NONE of the people she was treating were or might be suicidal.

by Anonymousreply 281October 19, 2018 5:53 AM

I don't get the sequence with Cancer Salad being a dick at work about one of the people insured --what the hell was he talking about and who was he talking to? He had both ankles propped up on his cubical desk and was acting like a jerk -for why? NOt sure. What was that scene on the phone supposed to accomplish?

I think fucking a church bathroom is gross...and I'm a total fucking whore, and not at all religious...but that's fucked.

by Anonymousreply 282October 19, 2018 5:58 AM

Yeah, wait a goddamn minute -are we to believe that Cancer Salad left his shirt on every time they fucked? Or were they playing hide-the-hotdog with the lights off? Did he insist Maggie -and every other cancer ho he banged in the church bathroom *DURING* group therapy did he force them to keep their eyes firmly shut (with Scotch tape)?

by Anonymousreply 283October 19, 2018 7:06 AM

Exactly my thoughts r283. WTF?

And what is so sexy about his scarred nipple-less moob that she suddenly can't resist herself? "Everything happens for a reason"? I use my no nip moob to make me irresistible sexually - thanks Jon. No FUCK JON, GARY, AND THE WRITERS OF THIS SHOW!

by Anonymousreply 284October 19, 2018 7:23 AM

I'm starting to think that Gary wants to get into Delilah's pants now that he knows it's "allowed" -know what I mean? Just like the above poster mentioned -he is ALWAYS lingering around at the Dixon home. It's intrusive and the creep factor is starting to get high. For example, how did he just *KNOW* there was chocolate milk in the garage fridge?

by Anonymousreply 285October 19, 2018 7:45 AM

Cancer Salad seems like a panty sniffer. Like he'd be snooping around, playing the "Uncle Gary" routine-being the "Band of Dad(s)" good guy -and then offer to do a load of laundry, see a pair of either Delilah (or Soaf's) undies laying in the hamper-take a quick look around, and several big whiffs later he'd be walking around with them strapped across his face like a feed bag, and he'd be like -"Hey, can I keep these? PLEASE? It's what JON would've wanted!"

by Anonymousreply 286October 19, 2018 7:46 AM

ha! r286. Well, if it's what Jon would have wanted...We should all take life lessons from some asshole who couldn't cut it and took a swan dive leaving a wife and kids behind.

by Anonymousreply 287October 19, 2018 5:19 PM

This show is such bullshit! But, like others, I’m obsessed and can’t stop watching.

In the pilot it was made very clear that the four guys only saw each other at the hockey games and weren’t that close- they didn’t have heart to hearts or know each other THAT well- so they claimed.

Now the writers are trying to make us believe they had pizza every Friday night? Yeah right! What would happen if there was a hockey game on a Friday? Pizza or hockey?

Gerald McRaney, who is far too good for this show, is now Delilah’s father and always attends this pizza dinners too. So where was he at the funeral?

The assistant is a worthless character. What is she doing all day? Who is paying her? She really babysat a grown kid all day (on a weekday, I presume?) She has nothing better to do?

Eddie was a stadium selling (opening act) rock star?? LOL as if. That scene was all kinds of cringe.

Cancer Salad went from being FURIOUS at Eddie last week to getting everyone to forgive each other this week. His character is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 288October 20, 2018 2:23 PM

So far I think I find the DL names “Cancer Salad” and “Soaf” more entertaining than the show itself.

by Anonymousreply 289October 20, 2018 2:29 PM

I wish this board wasn't anonymous board cause so many soulmates here. I wish I could invite you all to my house for a pizza night. Free therapy from a friend I met in an elevator shaft. Then we'd start a band and open for Kings of Leon(or Los Lobos? your pick even if Jon wants otherwise.) Then we'd go panty sniffing with Mindy Cohen. I'm not kidding. This sounds better than a nipless moob!

by Anonymousreply 290October 20, 2018 2:44 PM

R280, where are you reading your recaps?

by Anonymousreply 291October 20, 2018 3:23 PM

Is Delilah supposed to be French? Was that ever established? Did she move to the US for Jon?

by Anonymousreply 292October 20, 2018 3:25 PM

It was not established, but hinted at in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 293October 20, 2018 3:49 PM

R291 I like the TVLine recaps. I'm following along from Australia. I fucking hate this show but can't stop myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294October 20, 2018 8:51 PM

Delilah's Dad sounds Canadian- is her character supposed to be Quebecois?

by Anonymousreply 295October 21, 2018 7:10 AM

First, they better not cancel this shit. I need a renewal. This is good stuff.

Second, this show clearly needs a Chris Hardwick/Walking Dead-type after show to digest, debate and discuss. Only instead of being hosted by Chris Hardwick, it should be hosted by Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 296October 21, 2018 2:52 PM

I dislike the way the female characters get to soak up the blame for every ounce of bro misery in this show.

by Anonymousreply 297October 21, 2018 4:38 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 298October 21, 2018 5:59 PM

The female characters are written poorly and exist only in relation to the men in their lives. Delilah is little more than Jon’s widow and Eddie’s side piece.

by Anonymousreply 299October 21, 2018 6:12 PM

I tried watching this and I just had to turn it off (i was watching on demand) when the guy with the breast cancer took off his shirt. The woman was gonna leave him and he took of his shirt to show her his scar. That was so fucking cringe! I just couldn't watch it.

Terrible.

I tried watching for the Grimm guy. I loved Grimm. But I can't. sorry!

by Anonymousreply 300October 21, 2018 6:32 PM

ha r300, the funny thing is that it's scenes like that the people thing are "brave and beautiful" but we know they are just pandering bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 301October 21, 2018 6:44 PM

You know, if Jon was such a great guy, he could have left a nipple to Cancer Salad. Very selfish of him to take them both with him.

by Anonymousreply 302October 22, 2018 12:37 PM

I feel like Peter, and his buddies from Office Space would have made fun of this show.

by Anonymousreply 303October 22, 2018 2:36 PM

I’ve always believed life is made up of small moments that collectively make up a life. As soon as I heard the title @MillionLittleThingsABC I was intrigued by the new show. You guys know I loved the premiere last week - it really touched on a ton of tough topics that aren’t always easy to talk about, but so important to think about these days. I can’t wait to see what unfolds in second episode tomorrow night on ABC at 10|9c! (ps- if you missed the first episode, ABC is re-airing it tonight!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304October 22, 2018 2:53 PM

Fuckin'A, R303!

by Anonymousreply 305October 22, 2018 2:59 PM

Just watched episode five and this shitfest hit new heights- or depths, depending how you look at it.

Snow White can’t get lost in the forest without a forest.

I just wanted you to see your son as a tree.

Your honor, in all honesty my son is playing tree today.

Jesus fucking Christ, the entire tree subplot was unbearable.

Soaf and Delilah’s day of punching Doug wasn’t much better. I certainly didn’t need to hear Soaf sing The Rainbow Connection.

The worst though was Cancer Salad and Deep Dish’s game of chemo basketball. It’s her body, her choice what to do with it. She met you like one month ago! She should uproot her life for you?

It was super obvious that Regina wasn’t pregnant. Obviously it was Delilah’s pregnancy test. Cut to Delilah rubbing her stomach. But who is the father?!!? Eddie or Jon?

by Anonymousreply 306October 25, 2018 10:18 PM

I'm wondering if the producers cast SOAF!- just because she can (kinda) play the guitar -sort of?

She's a shit actress. Poor line delivery and she manages to make the character look both bitchy, whiny, and stupid in nearly every scene!

by Anonymousreply 307October 26, 2018 5:23 AM

This boring episode was the dumbest one yet. I don't think I can do this anymore.

Its like eating an entire casserole made of earthworms.

by Anonymousreply 308October 26, 2018 5:25 AM

The commercial on Hulu of Samuel L. Jackson yelling "GARY! GARY! GARY!?!!" made me wish he was cast as Rome's father. I'd love to have him screaming at everybody to "SHUT the FUCK? *UP?" Whip out his pistol and pull the trigger til it clicked.

by Anonymousreply 309October 26, 2018 5:29 AM

This has probably already been noted but what the fuck is up the HUGE nose on Cancer Salad actor? It's enormous with wide, gaping nostrils. It's now all I see when I look at his snarky, bro-dude face.

by Anonymousreply 310October 26, 2018 12:48 PM

CANCELLED

HOPEFULLY

by Anonymousreply 311October 26, 2018 12:50 PM

It’s not cancelled, unfortunately. ABC ordered three more scripts this week. More boring, ridiculously tedious scripts.

by Anonymousreply 312October 26, 2018 1:05 PM

shit! sorry to hear that

by Anonymousreply 313October 26, 2018 2:05 PM

It’s actually a good sign. They didn’t order three extra episodes, just the scripts. There’s still a good chance they could be produced, but it’s not like they got a full season pick up or anything.

by Anonymousreply 314October 26, 2018 2:07 PM

It's like...I can't even hate watch it anymore. The Big *DELILAH is PREGNANT! reveal was such a nothingburger...and I really hate how every character in this kisses the ass of that annoying dipshit *Cancer Salad* Gary.

by Anonymousreply 315October 26, 2018 6:50 PM

Oh good, a "who's the daddy" story is coming. Too bad one of the possible daddies is dead, sorry kid.

This show isn't even good soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 316October 26, 2018 7:26 PM

r313 I'm not! I've yet to watch an episode and don't have to cause these recaps are what I live for!

by Anonymousreply 317October 27, 2018 3:12 AM

Okay, now just a god damn minute --are we to believe that Eddie was able to stall the theatrical performance of "Snow White" ---by creating a working Mom mini riot of fraus -bitching about snacks and drop off times to school administration -that lasted exactly HOW long?!? I call bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 318October 29, 2018 3:31 AM

Delilah: "...Everything Okay, sweetie?" (SOAF shoves her way past her Mother to the front door where she slams it) SOAF: [sarcastic] "YEah, Mom -AMAZING!"

It would be so golden if D-slapped SOAF's face and shoulders screaming "...oh YEAH?! Well-Everything happens for a REASON! Ya biTCh!"

by Anonymousreply 319October 29, 2018 8:46 PM

Okay -so...Cancer Salad wants Maggie to open up and spill the fucking beans about her 2nd round chemo treatment needs. We should note that Cancer Salad learned about this from "Tom" a buddy of Maggie's (possibly a co-worker). Cancer Salad didn't seem too bent out of shape by much of this, keep in mind? He had a much bigger reaction response to the fact that she enjoys grape shasta.

by Anonymousreply 320October 29, 2018 8:59 PM

Maggie's co-buddy-worker Tom dropped off *INDIVIDUALLY Gift shop celo-WRAPPED cans of grape Shasta in a Haskell's worthy jute basket* which-would also mean co-buddy-worker Tom will be cruising cock at the BOSTON EAGLE after he drops that shit off in TV visual speak.

by Anonymousreply 321October 29, 2018 9:02 PM

Again ---I want to really hammer this point home, Cancer Salad deeper issue isn't *really* Maggie's cancer coming back. I'd expect he'd fully understand just how devastating that is, but NO. His real head-scratcher problem seems to be the fact that she hasn't told him about her condition. Never mind the fact that she herself hasn't known about the relapse for long or had much time to process -it's all about Gary, and him not being in the know...which 'kinda SORTA' irks him a lil' bit-but that's the gist.

by Anonymousreply 322October 29, 2018 9:08 PM

Instead of -I dunno, talking to Maggie about his concerns for her health, Cancer plans this elaborate ruse. It's over-the-top. It's overkill...and just like this show I keep saying I'm going to quit watching -it's STUPID. So, packing up a romantic picni-and planning a private hot air balloon ride...of course, the privacy is his chief concern. SO much so? He's on the phone with -the hot air balloon ride company and asks if anybody else will be joining them on the voyage-not because he wants to tell her he loves her, or he wants to be with her ---no. HE TELLS the Hot Air rep: "I want to trick her into sharing this pretty important secret -she's been keeping from me."

by Anonymousreply 323October 29, 2018 9:19 PM

What I wouldn't give to watch an alternate scene where Cancer Salad (between propane blasts from a giant cylinder burner) DEMANDeD detailed info about Maggie's personal health 15,000 feet.

CANCER SALAD: "Why didn't you TELL ME!?" (((PPpppFFFlamesFFFGHTT!!)))) Maggie: "WHAT?" CANCER SALAD: "About your CANCER!" Maggie: "Huh?" CS: "CANCER! I KNOW! -About your CANcer!" Maggie: "Yeah, I know about your's too. What?" (((PPpppFFFlamesFFFGHTT!!)))) (((PPpppFFFFFFGHTT!!)))) (((PPpppFFFFFFGHTT!!)))) CS: "Why didn't you TELL ME?!" Maggie: "What's there to tell?" CS: "About treatment? Round two? -I thought this was a casual "just having fun" type thing --! That's why I selected you out of all the other cancer survivors in the group -you seemed the most "CHILL!" Maggie: "WHat? It's the WIND-I can't hear you!" (((PPpppFFFlamesFFFGHTT!!)))) ...and then Cancer Salad would give the Hot Air host a dirty look and be like "Uh, YEAH-HI? Could you give us a minute?!? I'm trying to have an intense conversation, here. We'd like a little PRIVACY? THANKS?!?"

BAlloon Dude: "Where am I supposed to go? What-? You want me to basket jump, buddy? If you need to break up with her, I suggest you do it on the ground pal."

by Anonymousreply 324October 29, 2018 9:33 PM

If Maggie really was a therapist of deep standards and professional integrity -WHY would she knowingly hook up at a group therapy meeting -with a survivor, who she would also know was emotionally vulnerable and recovering from trauma? Doesn't that look bad? Wouldn't that be a potential liability for her job?

Also, why would they hook up in the women's room of the church and not the men's room? If it was a survivor's group of women, one of them would be likely to use the restroom -and then they'd get caught or at the very least embarrassed.

The Ol' Cancer Surviving 'Bitties in Gary's support group have a problem with how many doughnuts he eats -but don't seem to mind that he's fucking his way around the group (drama) and actually fucking in the church women's room...unless I missed the urinals -? Plus, it's not like there was an excess of bathroom stalls-somebody would have to take a post-therapy piss, and see two sets of feet pop-thrusting away...get grossed out, and complain.

by Anonymousreply 325October 29, 2018 9:46 PM

In my heart, I want to believe that after numerous complaints -the moderator of the group would ask Gary to leave and Maggie too-and that would be that. It's shitty that Cancer Salad was actively creeping on the women in his group therapy for an easy fuck --but it's double creepy that Maggie, A professional therapist-would go for someone in therapy as an easy (new in town) fuck.

by Anonymousreply 326October 29, 2018 9:49 PM

In this episode, Cancer Salad says to Maggie "...I CAN'T watch you die!" and I rolled my eyes. If he's really that squeamish about health issues and possible death? WHY would he be dating his ass doughy ginger knob off women in a Survivor's Support group?

CHRIST, I HATE this fucking show!

by Anonymousreply 327October 29, 2018 9:53 PM

The amount of prepared food people eat in this show is unbelievable. Regina is always putting a spoon up to her lips...or chewing or...or stirring...or nibbling on something, okay fine. Regina's a chef/caterer, okay. I get it. But, everybody else would be a real fatass with the way they are always chowing down! Every scene seems like nonstop prepping snacks, breakfast, brunch, kid-friendly eats, picnic fare, sandwiches, salads and they burn through more lunches and dinners than a commercial for HelloFresh®

by Anonymousreply 328October 29, 2018 10:02 PM

While "Budapest" by George Ezra's gluey ass trickles away in the background during the intro!

by Anonymousreply 329October 29, 2018 10:23 PM

Cancer Salad was frying up thick-cut slabs of peppered bacon and swiping crusty bread with organic mayo BLT's for Maggie's picnic lunch...but also he had chocolate covered strawberries and deep dish Chicago style pizza...for what I'm assuming was 2nd lunch? Noonsies?!?

by Anonymousreply 330October 29, 2018 10:26 PM

Listen to me. You are not the best part of my life. You are my life. And I will not lose you.

by Anonymousreply 331November 1, 2018 9:41 PM

puke!

by Anonymousreply 332November 1, 2018 9:46 PM

r328 and r330, obviously they are trying to bulk up ala Chrissy Metz, they know the show sucks and decided they need people of size.

by Anonymousreply 333November 1, 2018 10:34 PM

r333, that's why they should have kept Mindy Cohn.

by Anonymousreply 334November 2, 2018 2:59 AM

I love you r334!

by Anonymousreply 335November 2, 2018 3:07 AM

(Rome to Regina) "I STILL can't believe ...you didn't ask Delilah who the father was! How could you not ask?!?" Needless to say, Rome doesn't really understand how friendship -or basic human tact works.

by Anonymousreply 336November 2, 2018 3:08 AM

FACT: if I took a wee NIP of cyanide for the numerous times the word "GAME NIGHT" was uttered in this episode? It'd be nothing but gasping for air, passing out, seizures...and a BARREL OF LAUGHS for me!

by Anonymousreply 337November 2, 2018 3:12 AM

If Delilah was so paranoid about anyone figuring out she was pregnant-? WHY'd she do the test in Rome and Regina's bathroom and leave the evidence -*the strip (with the result) and the box in that open waste basket? She could've ripped up the box and wrapped the pee stick with toilet tissue and nobody would know. It'd look like a used tampon, no?

by Anonymousreply 338November 2, 2018 3:16 AM

Since when are you not supposed to drink on anti-depressants? I drink all the time!

by Anonymousreply 339November 2, 2018 3:18 AM

Again, Maggie shows zero compassion and no therapeutic insight in this episode. I'm starting to think she's a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 340November 2, 2018 3:20 AM

"EVERYTHING HAPPENS for a REASON!" With outraged tears in his eyes -Eddie blurts out to Delilah "BUT, I thought -you and Jon WEREn'T ...?!?" after she whisper tells him (with tears in her eyes, DUH!) -that the baby isn't his...it's (DRAMATIC PAUSE) -JON'S!

"After all, he was my husband."

by Anonymousreply 341November 2, 2018 3:24 AM

So-Eddie feels betrayed that Jon and Delilah were still fucking each other? Oh BOO-HOO, ya bitch.

by Anonymousreply 342November 2, 2018 3:28 AM

This, and your delightful commentary is all I got. So the baby is Eddie's? Where the fuck is this show going? And tell me more about the psycho therapist slut!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 2, 2018 3:34 AM

"ORCHARD CIRCLE" -Life Insurance, "Barbara Morgan" -and WHY, exactly is that assistant Ashley doing all this shit -inside Delilah's house and digging around the home office-? I get it, she's a shady bitch -but you'd think D would've had better boundaries with her by now?

by Anonymousreply 344November 2, 2018 3:36 AM

The blue folder in the pilot episode -which, I swear to -SATAN-!?! It was teal, wasn't it? It was TEAL! -are we to believe that had his suicide note inside? Financial information? -In the fantasy slow-mo (alternate reality) segment where shade-rattle Ashley hands over the missing info, Delilah gasped "WHAT'S This? -Takes 6 seconds to skim over multiple documents and blurts out "How could you keep this from me?! I TRUSTED you! Jon TRUSTED YOU! My kids think their Father left without saying goodbye!!!!!" ---and then she chucks an empty laundry basket in Ashley's dumbstruck face -in SLO MO.

This is exactly the type of melodrama I try to immediately skip as I channel surf to watch better programming!

by Anonymousreply 345November 2, 2018 3:52 AM

My boyfriend literally laughed out loud when Ashley followed Delilah into the bathroom when she ran to use the can in a rush. "It's not Bonaroo!" What if she'd have had the shits or something? -Was she going in to help her wipe??? The whole "Here, let me hold your hair while you puke" thing is really overdone too-that's a dumb cliche, and with such choppy wisps? It's not like D was going to get any dangling tendrils in the bowl...Get the FUCK outta here!

by Anonymousreply 346November 2, 2018 3:59 AM

If Cancer Salad is such a "RAD-pseudo-DAD stand in for everybody else's kid -why would he be so freaked out about watching Theo? According to the last episode, he takes regular (unsupervised) visits to pottery painting studios with Eddie's kid -(where he lets him pick out an ashtray), why WOULDn'T he also know about Theo's gluten sensitivities, his "minimal sugar" restrictions and NON-GMO only preferences?

A controlling Tiger Mom like Katherine wouldn't let her child sleep over at anyone else's house, let alone someone she doesn't like (Gary) and barely knows (Maggie). Besides, wouldn't he have piano lessons to practice -or something?

by Anonymousreply 347November 2, 2018 4:18 AM

Eddie wouldn't need to explain what a "NIGHT TERROR" is to a therapist. Maggie would know exactly what that is. Also, I'm starting to think lil' Theo is a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 348November 2, 2018 4:21 AM

Regina's Mom is a controlling, dream squashing BITCH-! *She'll fit right in with these cunts, AMIRIGHT, fellas?!

by Anonymousreply 349November 2, 2018 4:27 AM

Cancer Salad ditched Theo with Maggie -so he could sit on his phone at the empty club while Eddie did *sound checks* -he didn't need, for what looked like a simple 2 song set ---so he could get that emergency call from Delilah -to bring her to her OB's office (GASP!?)-because after the procedure she wouldn't be able to drive herself home. I haven't finished the rest of the episode yet, but I'm going to go out on a wild fucking limb here-Cancer Salad will either attempt to talk her out of the abortion he thinks she's going to have-OR!!? This is all a ruse, and she's having an amnio or something. No?

While a cover of "THIS WOMAN'S WORK" -blasts away...

by Anonymousreply 350November 2, 2018 4:38 AM

They used Kate Bush r350? Damn them!

by Anonymousreply 351November 2, 2018 4:42 AM

Nope. It was a cover version...not even the Maxwell one. DOUBLE Damn them!

by Anonymousreply 352November 2, 2018 4:50 AM

The flashback scenes of Eddie "rocking out" are an embarrassing cringe! The night terror scenes of Theo "freaking out" about feeding ducks are an embarrassing cringe! Regina "finding" Rome's crumpled up suicide note -from the trash---"YOU ARE MY LIFE" that was an embarrassing cringe! Delilah's Skinny Jeans from JCPenney® are an embarrassing cringe!

by Anonymousreply 353November 2, 2018 5:11 AM

"Just because you're scared doesn't mean you shouldn't do it."

by Anonymousreply 354November 2, 2018 5:12 AM

How are the ratings for this mess? Think it'll stick around?

by Anonymousreply 355November 2, 2018 1:13 PM

That's tough r355, because to cancel it would be to say we don't care about suicide, right? I feel like they really have convinced people it's some fucking important social commentary that *must* be watched. I don't watch it, just read the recaps and I love them, but I am sensing a little fondness for this absurd show, it's hate watching I know, but it's still watching so maybe it will get another season?

by Anonymousreply 356November 2, 2018 5:03 PM

Hey, at this point? I know I'm part of the problem...a "hate watch" is still a 'watch'-know what I mean?

by Anonymousreply 357November 2, 2018 10:11 PM

The ratings are not good at all, but they are consistent.

I hate how they dress Delilah. Billowy scarves and oversized cardigans, all the while crying through every goddamn conversation.

Gina’s mom was a fucking bitch. God I hated her.

Eddie’s kid can’t act worth shit. The yelling about the ducks was awful, but the night terror was the nadir of the series. At least we were spared appearances from Soaf and the gay kid.

Eddie as a rock star is so unbelievable. I did love when Delilah broke the news that the kid wasn’t his and said that Jon was her husband after all! LOL

by Anonymousreply 358November 5, 2018 1:44 PM

Shit, I guess hate-watching this means I had to witness Delilah back out of her abortion. I officially hate this show.

by Anonymousreply 359November 7, 2018 2:13 AM

Do these people have JOBS?

by Anonymousreply 360November 8, 2018 3:22 AM

Um yeah r360, I opened for "Better than Ezra" or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 361November 8, 2018 3:27 AM

Is CancerSalad/Immense Distracting Nostrils/No Nips the guru of ALL?

HE diagnoses the kidney stones?

HE is the knower of all things homosexual for the little gayling?

HE is Elton John's understudy?

I can't stand these people. Does anyone else despise the Maggie character? A heavy role for an empty little shell of a frau-ho!

Eddie and Delilah have the facial pallor of the walking dead. IS THAT THE FUCKING TWIST?

And the women's wardrobe? What is this Express circa 1990?

by Anonymousreply 362November 8, 2018 3:59 AM

That's it? That's it?

I prefer this DL hate thread to the actual shit show.

A MILLION little things to hate about this lame ass series.

by Anonymousreply 363November 8, 2018 4:08 AM

Okay, OKAY? Okay...I told myself I wasn't going to do this (again) -but, and yet? Here I am...(AGAIN) -so yeah. I guess, I'm just going to have to fucking go watch the next episode -(AGAIN)!?!?

I'll be back, bitches...(again).

by Anonymousreply 364November 8, 2018 5:15 AM

If anyone is still watching, it's a pretty good show

by Anonymousreply 365November 8, 2018 12:56 PM

Would you like to go on date? I should warn you I’m married. /So am I.

I dare you to show the world you are not afraid of anything.

Sometimes you can’t do the fun thing, the thing that makes you happy. Sometimes you have to do the right thing.

Who the fuck writes this drivel??

by Anonymousreply 366November 8, 2018 4:07 PM

Hallmark r366.

The "writers" seemingly grab a random array of cards for every occasion and cobble (copy and paste) together a script.

This would explain the inane nonsensical story lines. Rome is having a heart attack. No, it his stomach! He is in agonizing pain. Oh the drama! Will he live? Oh my God, he overdosed again. Oh Jeez, Gary was right, it's just kidney stones. Rome is a wimp. Script courtesy of the GET WELL SOON section.

by Anonymousreply 367November 8, 2018 4:16 PM

R365 I watched it for the first time last night. It is apparent why previous posters have lost interest.

It is the type of show that is so bad in every sense: the writing, the directing, the acting - that it has to be seen to be believed.

Glad you are enjoying it though!

by Anonymousreply 368November 8, 2018 4:29 PM

Can we discuss the precocious little greaser gayling?

How old is this little fucker supposed to be?

Any bets that his character was written by a HETERO-sexual?

by Anonymousreply 369November 8, 2018 4:34 PM

I can't help but think this thread is helping a bit in it gaining late viewers to hate watch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370November 8, 2018 4:45 PM

GAWD r370, him sitting backwards in the chair to show he's the "cool" one, he's a fucking motorcycle man in a mo-ped show. I hate him so much. Why isn't Livingston shown wearing a halo and wings?

by Anonymousreply 371November 8, 2018 4:56 PM

The ratings hit a low last night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372November 8, 2018 7:13 PM

So there are some of you watching...ha ha, you like it as much as I do

by Anonymousreply 373November 8, 2018 10:19 PM

Question-would they really admit someone for a kidney stone, and then just let him 'suffer like that with no IV and no pain medication? I get it that there's an opioid crisis - but couldn't the staff give Rome some Extra Stength Tylenol or something?

And...activated charcoal does come in a capsule form. (Just saying)

by Anonymousreply 374November 9, 2018 4:34 AM

...and also, if Rome had been in the hospital for a few nights -I could understand the "friendzapalooza" at his bedside, but he was at Boston Medical center for what? Two minutes?!?

by Anonymousreply 375November 9, 2018 4:38 AM

Every 'playful moment between Cancer Salad and Maggie feels scripted as hell-and fake as fuck.

It's all 'Tickle-tickle-monster faces-party by the seashell shore-fist bump emoji-"Just Kidding!"-wiggle-swizzle-joshy-joakie-joke-JokE time!!!!

by Anonymousreply 376November 9, 2018 4:44 AM

..."A depressing fortune cookie" yep? Sounds like this show just went and got meta on itself.

by Anonymousreply 377November 9, 2018 4:47 AM

That professional AM radio shrink "Dr. Stacey" sounded like Lisa Kudrow doing a Valerie Cherish impression of Aunt Sassy doing a Dr.Laura sketch!

by Anonymousreply 378November 9, 2018 4:50 AM

Looks like this shitfest is actually gonna make it to another season?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 10, 2018 1:43 AM

This show is unbearable to watch. my God, Maggie can't die soon enough. They have to get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 380November 29, 2018 2:48 AM

I caught half of tonight's episode, and it was boring. What'd I miss?

by Anonymousreply 381November 29, 2018 5:27 AM

The writers are full on desperate. This show is a complete cluster fuck. Recap below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382November 29, 2018 1:50 PM

^^^Wrong link. Different clusterfuck. Recap below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383November 29, 2018 1:55 PM

The show has reached a stupid "soapy" level of suck that I just can't ignore anymore -or even hate watch. I'll finish out the season, but after this? I'm done with it. The characters are all annoying and they deserve the misery they keep spreading around.

by Anonymousreply 384November 29, 2018 5:30 PM

So she decided to skip chemo and die because she didn't save her brother from dying in a car accident? And now that she had her mini breakthrough, she's decided she wants to live, dammit, live! She couldn't die fast enough. And these people that just met her a month ago are so invested in her life that they all beg her to fight?

Sweet baby Jesus on a trampoline. They should call this show A Million Little Cliches.

by Anonymousreply 385November 29, 2018 9:59 PM

Watching it now: where’s the little gay kid? Why can’t Rock Star dude live by himself with his half Asian kid? Why can’t Gary’s HUGE nostrils suck up all the CLICHE oozing out of this series? I will continue to hate-watch.

by Anonymousreply 386November 30, 2018 2:04 AM

Can we talk about Regina’s tasting menu? It looked like -a basic as fuck caprese salad, truffle mac & cheese, and some kind of lava cake.

Seemed dated and like nothing I'd want to run out and order at a new restaurant. Know what I mean?

by Anonymousreply 387December 6, 2018 8:12 PM

Also: I'm not sure why Regina would think that Katherine would want to support Delilah (financially or otherwise) -but this is the woman who had an affair with her husband (and is now going to sire his offspring too)...and we're supposed to believe that she'd be cool with that? I get it, they weaved in that tidy "Look who *I'm* seeing now, you fucking LOSER D-BAg? He's a HUNK, isn't he? Oh yes he is!" ...but Regina didn't know she and Cylon Kath's office mates were an item (which, they're not -if I'm not mistaken?)

by Anonymousreply 388December 6, 2018 8:17 PM

R18 - they all seem the same to me, guys like that. And their cookie cutter wives. So bland. [/bold]*heaves*[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 389December 6, 2018 8:26 PM

Why, why, why are these women (shifty-eyed Ashley and Uber neurotic Mags) attracted to humongous nostrils/nipless Gary? Are straight women that desperate?

If I HAD to rank these douches in order of sexual attractiveness, no question Cancer Salad would be dead last.

Oh DL sages, please explain WHY this humorless fat ass gets so much sex?

by Anonymousreply 390December 7, 2018 6:45 AM

And how in God's name did Gary hook up with the odd secretary anyway?

I thought they were going to kill "Mags" off. She needs to GO! ANNOYING CHARACTER, ANNOYING ACTRESS.

by Anonymousreply 391December 7, 2018 6:48 AM

Mid season break until January 17. ABC is moving it to Thursday nights.

by Anonymousreply 392December 18, 2018 12:14 PM

ABC is really trying to save the show, and the move to Thursdays will either give it a renewal or seal its fate.

by Anonymousreply 393December 30, 2018 4:56 PM

Is anyone still watching this show? I follow it on Hulu. The little kid just came out.

by Anonymousreply 394January 29, 2019 1:33 AM

Who is that fat cow think she is on this show? Do we like her?

by Anonymousreply 395January 29, 2019 5:02 PM

I love this show, glad it's back

by Anonymousreply 396January 29, 2019 7:50 PM

Which one, R395? I think you're thinking of "This is Us" with Chrissy Metz.. no?

by Anonymousreply 397January 29, 2019 7:54 PM

Yes I’m watching still. They’re all such a mess but we’re finally learning why Ron Livingston killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 398January 30, 2019 2:12 AM

Me too, R398. The show is messy but I can't tear myself away from the characters. Definitely waiting to see what actually happened surrounding his suicide. I believe the show is getting picked up for another season.

by Anonymousreply 399January 30, 2019 4:39 PM

Im bumping this, cuz I'm lazy as fuck

by Anonymousreply 400February 1, 2019 2:29 PM

ABC renewed for Season 2!

by Anonymousreply 401February 8, 2019 12:04 PM

Never thought in a million years this thing would last past a season.

by Anonymousreply 402February 8, 2019 12:05 PM

Okay, so...I'm back. I can't believe that I keep tuned into this soapy hot mess of a (shit) show...but I do.

The last episode (which I swore to myself I wouldn't watch) that I ...um, "WATCHED" included: Regina hosting a tasting menu party for her basic-as-fuck restaurant *Cancer Salad being a spazoid to frauho Maggie (who at that time, was still refusing further cancer treatment* Cancer Salad making a huge scene* Cancer Salad inexplicably hooking up with that shifty-eyed hottie secretary of Jon's (who keeps turning up) and acting shady?

by Anonymousreply 403February 8, 2019 12:44 PM

R403: You’re waaaay behind. The drama just gets thicker and thicker. I also hate watch this every week, so glad I get another season to do that.

by Anonymousreply 404February 8, 2019 7:47 PM

Is this thing still on?

by Anonymousreply 405February 8, 2019 8:39 PM

Still on and terrific!

by Anonymousreply 406February 8, 2019 9:56 PM

The gay kid came out AND it was renewed for another season. Yay! Suck it haters.

by Anonymousreply 407February 15, 2019 11:20 AM

I feel bad, but I'm ready for Maggie to die.. I'm so sick of the character. I really liked Katharine and Eddie's story on this last episode, grappling with their divorce. Guesses as to who the mystery woman (couldn't think of the actresses name - Drea De Matteo) will be (how she fits into the story)?

I'm so sucked into this show, and cry at least a few times each episode. Mary.

by Anonymousreply 408February 24, 2019 5:29 AM

I agree with you 408!

by Anonymousreply 409February 24, 2019 10:44 AM

r408, does Cancer Salad still got to that horrible doctor?

Does dead guy ever show up anymore, or is he gone for good?

by Anonymousreply 410February 27, 2019 12:31 AM

Great season finale...with a few more tears

by Anonymousreply 411March 1, 2019 2:36 PM

The season finale was downright offensive. They used 9/11 in order to emotionally manipulate the audience??? How frickin low can you stoop?

This was all about survivor’s guilt over 9/11? You seriously have to be shitting me. And the final card “We will never forget,” barf. It’s one thing when this was about Cancer Salad and Gina’s basic as fuck truffle Mac and cheese, but this? No.

by Anonymousreply 412March 1, 2019 10:25 PM

Triggered.

by Anonymousreply 413March 1, 2019 10:46 PM

Spill more about the episode, R412!!

by Anonymousreply 414March 1, 2019 11:52 PM

What is going on with Danny's gay storyline? I want to know what happened with Elliot.

by Anonymousreply 415March 2, 2019 5:27 PM

Just binged this over the weekend after ignoring it all season. Very emotional but a surprisingly good show. Hopefully they'll continue to explore the young gayling's storyline and maybe give it more screen time.

by Anonymousreply 416June 24, 2019 3:48 AM

Fat Cow opens new franchise location of Dress Barn. Special 2 part episode. Drama ensues.

by Anonymousreply 417June 24, 2019 7:51 PM

No thread for season 2 yet?

by Anonymousreply 418September 29, 2019 6:10 PM

R418 I tried finding one, but nothing came up.

I can't stand Gary's girlfriend. I hope Deliah's kids find out soon that the baby isn't their father's.

by Anonymousreply 419September 29, 2019 8:53 PM

Cancer Salad threw away all the cancer meds!! This guy is such an asshole with no boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 420September 30, 2019 7:12 PM

Cancer Salad's girlfriend is too much of a bitch to her mom.

by Anonymousreply 421October 5, 2019 12:28 AM

A Million Little Things is now available to stream on Sumo here in Norway! YAAAAAS! Can't wait to binge it. Got nothing else to do this weekend, lol.

by Anonymousreply 422October 25, 2019 2:23 PM

I’m so glad other people hate cancer salad. How is she a therapist when she is such a horrible human?

by Anonymousreply 423October 26, 2019 1:24 AM

I’m really hating that pink wigged bitch and her giant-nostriled, one-tit boyfriend. If the writers had any guts they’d make them both die in a fiery car crash.

by Anonymousreply 424October 26, 2019 1:56 AM

Omg, WHET MindY COHN character? Did she slap the cancer oit of cancer salad?

by Anonymousreply 425October 26, 2019 2:17 AM

Omg, WHET MindY COHN character? Did she slap the cancer oit of cancer salad?

by Anonymousreply 426October 26, 2019 2:17 AM

I find Deliah to be more likable than the bitch therapist.

by Anonymousreply 427October 26, 2019 1:51 PM

What does Eddie see in Delilah? Their relationship makes no sense. Eddie is hot and she's not. Besides, she's older than him and more uptight.

by Anonymousreply 428October 26, 2019 2:22 PM

r6, how do you type with that enormous pole shoved up your ass?

by Anonymousreply 429October 26, 2019 4:04 PM

So Jon is really PJ's father? WTF?! I thought his mom said that his father was Jon's old buddy who died in a plane crash?

by Anonymousreply 430November 8, 2019 6:26 PM

R430 I hated that reveal.

by Anonymousreply 431November 8, 2019 11:26 PM

R430 I hated that reveal.

by Anonymousreply 432November 8, 2019 11:26 PM

On a positive note: Jason Ritter is pretty damn hot.

by Anonymousreply 433November 8, 2019 11:29 PM

That Oriental kid is the most annoying.

by Anonymousreply 434November 9, 2019 1:59 AM

I hope PJ gets emancipated from his idiot mom and fake dad.

by Anonymousreply 435November 22, 2019 2:38 AM

Cute scene with the gayling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436January 24, 2020 3:26 PM

Cute scene with the gayling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437January 24, 2020 3:26 PM

Nice to see them movie the gayling storyline along.

by Anonymousreply 438January 26, 2020 4:59 PM

Conservatives just HATE the gay storyline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439January 26, 2020 5:05 PM

Danny finally comes back after 3 episodes and they send his boyfriend away.

by Anonymousreply 440February 22, 2020 4:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!