Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The best of DL 2021!

We have one month left of this year, and I thought why not have a place for posters to discuss their favourite posts/threads/moments on DL in 2021? I tend to stick to only certain topics on here, it'd be interesting to find out other amusing things we all weren't aware of otherwise, or just points that made us happy this year. It's been a pretty trying year otherwise for most people, I imagine!

For me, in no particular order, I got a kick out of:

- Liza Minnelli reviewing the works of Dario Argento ("Shushpiria!");

- When a group of posters came up with the Roxane Gay musical, including songs and lyrics;

- The thread on the Fresno professor who made a video of herself rolling around on the beach, wrapped in bondage gear with an electric fan. Full disclosure, I started that thread, but it was all the responses from you guys that were so hilarious.

- Trying to piss off that same professor with the idea of a movie on the life of Yasser Arafat - with Arafat being played by Gal Gadot!

- The whole Bad Art Friend thing was really interesting, but the best bit? Turning it into an episode of Murder, She Wrote.

How about you guys?

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2021 3:47 PM

I found the Bad Art Friend thread to be fun.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2021 6:42 PM

Eldergay discovers KPop, he's confused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2021 6:45 PM

The Datalounger who slapped a little girl in a NYC park was a lot of fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2021 6:54 PM

Please link the threads as you post about them. That includes you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2021 7:40 PM

Agree with r4.

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2021 8:43 PM

It didn't get the traction it deserved but, the 'Remember going to the abortion hut' thread had me cackling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2021 9:12 PM

The David Archuleta coming out thread was satisfying, not so much in that it was funny, but it confirmed what so many (me too) had been saying for years!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2021 3:31 AM

The over restored Victorian mansion had me howling at times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2021 4:01 AM

Another vote for the abortion hut thread.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2021 4:31 AM

OPs picks are right wing ish. Those are the only people who know twitter stars by name. (because they stall them and harass them constantly on twitter)

Can someone redo this thread without the right wing slant?

It’s basically a rip off of the datalounge awards threads anyway so it’s doubly crappy. I won’t be participating and will be blocking Op

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2021 4:39 AM

Caption this photo of Ronan Farrow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2021 4:49 AM

[quote] I won’t be participating and will be blocking Op

One wonders how the Everything-Is-Right-Wing Troll survives in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2021 5:51 AM

R11 that thread is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2021 5:53 AM

The first Waukesha Thread was most excellent.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2021 4:34 PM

[quote] I won’t be participating and will be blocking Op

Oh, no!!

How will we ever break the news to the children?

Won’t SOMEBODY think of the children?!!

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2021 4:41 PM

Hehe R12 and R15, exactly!

Especially funny as I am a bleeding heart Leftie (but one who still has a sense of humour).

Here's the thread on Randa Jarrar rolling around naked on a beach that I mentioned. Apologies for not including threads, but most of what I mentioned are just particular posts lost among larger threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2021 6:03 PM

Mom, I can smell it, I can smell it!

I smell it too, baby.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2021 6:16 PM

Let's be a Bryan Singer pool party. DL at its most wicked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2021 4:09 AM

How could I forget the emergence of Roslyn "Dumplings" Talusan? That was a very funny one.

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2021 8:33 PM

Link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2021 8:34 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2021 7:59 AM

The Julian and Landon come out threads were a high point in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2021 8:03 AM

All of my posts

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2021 3:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!