Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Locke & Key' on Netflix

Starring DL fave Connor Jessup and an array of other twinks.

[quote]Based on the best-selling graphic novels, Locke & Key follows 3 siblings who, after the murder of their father, move to their ancestral home only to find the house has magical keys that give them a vast array of powers and abilities.

Out February 7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 15, 2022 4:39 PM

Sounds like a totally stupid premise for a show.

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2020 3:39 PM

This is the third time they've tried to make this. Earlier pilots with Fox and Hulu failed.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2020 3:45 PM

They should have done Heart Shaped Box instead.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2020 3:47 PM

It sounds like a teen or YA version of The Magicians.

I like Connor Jessup. He and Rusty from Major crimes, Graham Patrick Martin, seem very similar to me.

I wonder how often they come up against each other for parts.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2020 4:11 PM

I think it's a peek into the mental state of 40-and-unders that they crave magical solutions to their lives. They must feel bleak and powerless.

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2020 4:16 PM

[Quote] I think it's a peek into the mental state of 40-and-unders that they crave magical solutions to their lives. They must feel bleak and powerless.

How's your retirement going?

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2020 4:18 PM

Not another series with people getting superpower shit. No no no no no no. Writers these days are intellectually stunted and can only come up with this kind of stale shit??? Before this, it was amnesiac people waking up somewhere and having to fight for their lives. Shitty brains create shitty shit.

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2020 4:37 PM

It's based on the graphic novels by Joe Hill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2020 4:40 PM

Isn't Joe Hill Stephen King's son who he totally didn't help get into the industry?

Google says yes, yes he is.

I for one can do without the third-rate work of the sons of second-rate novelists who helped them into the industry while pretending they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]Not another series with people getting superpower shit. No no no no no no. Writers these days are intellectually stunted and can only come up with this kind of stale shit???

That's not what this is about, but don't let being completely wrong stop you...

The graphic novels are excellent, although part of what makes them so good is the stunning artwork of Gabriel Rodriguez. It was strange watching the trailer and seeing actors in live action scenes that I was familiar with from drawings. That said, it does appear that they've taken some care with the look of the series and have used some design elements from the books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2020 7:57 PM

R10 - that's what the plot summary said and I based my understanding on data presented to me. So you're telling me that the plot summaries on IMDB and Wiki are untruth? And the trailer looks like another MEH shitshow from Netflix anyway.

Try harder, Joe Nepotism Hill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2020 2:58 AM

Connor looks hot.

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2020 3:14 AM

To those familiar with the source material, is there any potential for sexy scenes with Connor?

by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote]To those familiar with the source material, is there any potential for sexy scenes with Connor?

Not initially. Maybe a season or two down the road.

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2020 4:41 AM

Full unaired FOX pilot from 2011.

Miranda Otto! Nick Stahl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2020 3:01 PM

Why are they trying so hard to make this particular mediocre IP take off in TV/film? It couldn't be because Hill is Stephen King's son and King is exerting the full weight of his considerable influence, while claiming he never lifted a finger to help his son into the industry, could it? Top horror novelist and pop culture legend Stephen King wouldn't do that, would he? Bullshit the public to land a publishing career for his kid?

by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2020 3:09 PM

The same thing happened with Anne Rice and her son.

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2020 3:13 PM

For r17...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2020 3:15 PM

R15 as a fan of his always eager to see him back healthy and working I actually really wanted to watch the Stahl version back then, and was excited for it to air. I love Otto for her filmwork too and think she’s underrated and could use more tv exposure. Now I’ve lost all interest in this project thanks to the rewrite/recast.

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2020 3:19 PM

r18 like 90% odds that's a hairpiece in that photo. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2020 3:31 PM

Joe Hill is actually a very good writer. Horns and Heart Shaped Box were both excellent. Also check out his short story collection Strange Weather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2020 3:37 PM

Bitter grandpas are mad people still use fantasy to tell stories.

What a bunch of losers.

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2020 3:38 PM

I am looking forward to this. When I first read 20th Century Ghosts I had no idea that Joe Hill was Stephen King's son, I didn't find that out until Heart-Shaped Box came out.

His books are enjoyable, regardless of his parentage. However, both of his parents are published novelists, it isn't terribly surprising that both he, and his brother, are writers.

I think if he was really trying to reap the benefits of nepotism he would publish under his actual last hame.

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2020 3:42 PM

If King is using his influence then why did uglier and less talented son Owen flop as a writer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2020 3:42 PM

All I see in r18 is weirdly trimmed eyebrows.

Also, she's fat.

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2020 3:52 PM

R18 looks like the son of Carrot Top.

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2020 3:54 PM

He's not fat, or at least wasn't back in 2004. That's what a healthy male body looks like, Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2020 3:54 PM

*2014, sorry

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2020 3:55 PM

From 2018. He can look hot when he tries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2020 3:56 PM

R27 she's doing that trainer pose where she tries to make her arms look big.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2020 3:59 PM

R23 no, that just means he's trying to pretend like it's not nepotism while still making use of his father's vast connections. Also because Stephen King probably doesn't want novels with KING on them unless they're his.

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2020 4:01 PM

If you think he's fat, you just might be an Insta addict. No wonder you know all about the "trainer poses."

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2020 4:02 PM

R32 nice try with the ad hominem attacks

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2020 4:03 PM

I can't wait for this. I've read the graphic novels and listened to the dramatised audio book and love it. R1 you might think it's a stupid premise but you should give it a chance, if they have done it well it should be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2020 4:07 PM

Ad hominem, says the person calling another guy fat. Oh, never change, DL. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2020 4:09 PM

R9 you seem particularly bitter for some reason - are you a failed novelist perhaps? Yes Joe Hill is Stephen King's son. Whether that has helped or hindered his career is irrelevant, I have read and enjoyed most of what he's written. Perhaps you should try reading some of his stuff too before being a dismissive ignorant bitch?

by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2020 4:09 PM

We can finally enjoy these sorts of shows and not cringe because the CG on television has gotten so good. There's obviously demand out there for fantasy and if it's good and enough people watch it, it'll get renewed. If not, it'll get cancelled - Cloak & Dagger, Marvel's Runaways, Swamp Thing, Inhumans... all folded that way. Let the market do its thing.

If you don't enjoy this particular genre, go support movies and TV shows that cover other genres...

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2020 4:15 PM

R35 I'm afraid you don't understand that "ad hominem" means "against the man" which in Chris Rice's case won't happen because of the MANY LAYERS OF FAT between him and the man.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2020 4:22 PM

I think Rice looks handsome in the "fuck off" shot. I wonder if he got to bang Danny Roberts back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2020 4:22 PM

R36 you seem really pressed about this! Do you know Hill?

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2020 4:23 PM

I hope Connor has at least one nude scene in this.

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2020 4:43 PM

R41 There is so much to watch and so little time. Even shows that look interesting end up on the backburner. Nonetheless, I would make this one a priority just for Connor.

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2020 4:47 PM

r36 hey hey hey, no need to get defensive now, just because you're an adult man who enjoys reading YA garbage, doesn't mean you need to lash out when someone calls it what it is.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2020 5:08 PM

This thread is such a DL dumpster fire, lol. 😄

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2020 5:10 PM

Locke and Key is not for YA. The comic starts off with a pretty brutal rape and murder.

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2020 5:15 PM

How much semen is produced during the brutal rape and murder?

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2020 5:19 PM

There are two perps so probably a lot.

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2020 5:20 PM

Do they both have hyperspermia? It could be HOT.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2020 5:23 PM

If it's an opposite sex rape, that's awful.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2020 5:23 PM

Ew, I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2020 5:25 PM

Nina Locke is raped by two men who murder her husband.

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2020 5:42 PM

Presumably Nina Locke will be trans in the new series, since that seems to be the trend now.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2020 6:36 PM

[quote]Presumably Nina Locke will be trans in the new series, since that seems to be the trend now.

They already have a character who plays with gender. I can't wait to hear the comments about that.

Aaron and/or Shawn Ashmore appears in the trailer, I assume as the gay uncle, but he's not listed on either IMDb or Wikipedia. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote]Aaron and/or Shawn Ashmore appears in the trailer, I assume as the gay uncle, but he's not listed on either IMDb or Wikipedia. What's up with that?

It's Aaron and, yes, he does play Duncan, the gay uncle. No idea why he's not listed. Oversight?

I'm feeling less optimistic about the series now, after seeing the first released scene. It's not based on anything in the comics. In fact, it seems to rather drastically change several things from the books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2020 8:13 PM

Tuning in just for Connor and Aaron Ashmore as the gay uncle.

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2020 9:02 PM

[quote]I'm feeling less optimistic about the series now, after seeing the first released scene. It's not based on anything in the comics. In fact, it seems to rather drastically change several things from the books.

I get the impression that they've made a few adjustments for tone. Despite being about kids, the comic itself wasn't really aimed at kids, given how violent it was. This seems a bit more YA-ish, but I've resolved to withhold judgment.

Just so long as Duncan's boyfriend is hotter than the way he was drawn in the book.

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2020 9:22 PM

Duncan is gay? Wonder who's playing him in the show. Only "young Duncan" is listed in the IMDb credits...

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2020 9:36 PM

R57 Aaron Ashmore is.

by Anonymousreply 58January 9, 2020 10:28 PM

r58 Thanks, interesting that they haven't added a (relatively) big name like that to IMDb yet.

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2020 10:31 PM

[quote]Duncan is gay? Wonder who's playing him in the show.

The answer was posted three whole replies above yours.

by Anonymousreply 60January 10, 2020 3:33 AM

Connor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2020 11:35 PM

🗝️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2020 11:59 PM

Inside look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 27, 2020 1:32 PM

Isn’t Tyler Locke supposed to be a big, beefy meathead in the comics? They must be going in a completely different direction if Connor Jessup is playing him.

by Anonymousreply 64January 27, 2020 3:58 PM

R43 please continue to make yourself look stupider and more ignorant with every post! The rest of us will stay on topic.

Does anyone know how much of the overall story Season 1 of this is meant to cover, I'm assuming it's not going to be all of it? I've had a search but I can't find anything definitive.

by Anonymousreply 65January 27, 2020 4:24 PM

Why are all the leads so fat?

by Anonymousreply 66January 27, 2020 4:40 PM

Wow, Joe looks JUST like dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 27, 2020 4:42 PM

It looks very interesting. Thank you for sharing, OP.

by Anonymousreply 68January 27, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote]Does anyone know how much of the overall story Season 1 of this is meant to cover, I'm assuming it's not going to be all of it?

Episode titles listed on the Writers Guild website include "Head Games" (which is the title of the second comic book series/graphic novel) and "Crown of Shadows" (the third series/graphic novel), so it looks like the first season of the show could cover the first 18 issues of the comic. That translates to roughly half of the issues and overall story.

HOWEVER, a recent interview with executive producer Carlton Cuse says that the series diverges from the comics, with input from Joe Hill. "[T]the show's diverging from the comics and it becomes something [else]. We want to be sure that the ending works for the TV series and we're not just forcing ourselves into an ending for endings' sake. We want the ending to be something that really feels like it's the right conclusion for our story."

He also confirms that they are currently in pre-production for Season Two, even though Netflix has not officially renewed the show yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 27, 2020 7:45 PM

Hi Connor 💚

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2020 9:59 PM

New Connor & Miles thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 28, 2020 3:50 PM

Short interview with Connor about Locke & Key

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 28, 2020 3:59 PM

Interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 30, 2020 6:39 PM

Trailer 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 1, 2020 5:18 AM

Reviews embargo lifted yesterday. It's fun but don't expect the darker elements from the comics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 2, 2020 10:31 AM

[quote]None of the episodes suffer from Netflix bloat; the writers deliver a steady supply of answers (about the keys, Rendell’s troubled past, Dodge’s ultimate goal) while making effective use of binge-friendly cliffhangers. Sure, some of the twists and misdirects along the way tilt toward predictable (even if you haven’t read the comics), but the finale offers a satisfying action-climax while setting the table for a season two. For a show that deals so intently with loss — of loved ones, of innocence — Locke & Key is a surprisingly rewarding endeavor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 2, 2020 2:02 PM

Are they implying that Dodge is female the entire time? That's a bit disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 77February 2, 2020 2:07 PM

What's the scope of ages for the characters? Will they have to recast the youngest or does he age in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 78February 2, 2020 2:09 PM

The comic takes place over the course of a year.

by Anonymousreply 79February 2, 2020 2:12 PM

[quote]Are they implying that Dodge is female the entire time? That's a bit disappointing.

Apparently so. But we don't know how much of the story is being covered, so it's possible that "Lucas" could still appear further down the line.

Also, I read somewhere that the Skin Key and the Gender Key were being combined into something called the Identity Key in the series. With Dodge being the primary user of the Gender Key in the comics, the fact that a similar key is included in the series might be an indication of same.

by Anonymousreply 80February 2, 2020 5:00 PM

There’s an actor playing Lucas listed on IMDB...

by Anonymousreply 81February 2, 2020 5:50 PM

But there are also young versions of the adults listed. I'm assuming Lucas is in flashbacks.

I have to wonder if their reticence to just a gender-switch was to avoid triggering trans people OR triggering Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 82February 2, 2020 5:55 PM

I’m most disappointed that Scot, one of the comic’s best characters, seems to have been downgraded from a steampunk to a general horror movie nerd.

by Anonymousreply 83February 2, 2020 5:59 PM

They've also redone Rufus from a guy with Down's Syndrome to a guy with autism, and cast an autistic actor.

That's bound trigger some people, but I think it's cool.

by Anonymousreply 84February 2, 2020 6:06 PM

Interview with Connor and Darby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 2, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote] They've also redone Rufus from a guy with Down's Syndrome to a guy with autism, and cast an autistic actor.

Rufus has autism in the comics - I don’t think he was drawn to have DS. But its great that they cast an autistic actor.

by Anonymousreply 86February 2, 2020 6:24 PM

I honestly thought they drew him like he had Down's, but regardless, I applaud the choice.

by Anonymousreply 87February 2, 2020 6:29 PM

The new Connor and Miles thread has been paywalled :(

by Anonymousreply 88February 2, 2020 8:53 PM

Why are TPTB against young love?

by Anonymousreply 89February 2, 2020 9:04 PM

New Connor/Miles thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 2, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote]“Physically, I’m different,” Jessup told Decider about the role. “He is much thicker, and both physically and emotionally… He is maybe in a deeper register. And that just doesn’t come super naturally to me.”

[quote]In fact, his take was so different than the Tyler in the books, Jessup didn’t even realize where he was pushing the character until he worked with a director who pointed out the differences. Having not yet seen the first few episodes, but being familiar with the books, the director called out that Jessup’s Tyler was much more “delicate than in the comics.” At that moment, Jessup’s “heart stopped,” but the more he thought about it, the more he realized that was the core of his take on Tyler Locke, and leaned into this “delicacy.”

[quote]“[Connor’s] brought so much vulnerability and sensitivity to Tyler that wasn’t always necessarily on the page,” Averill added, “but that we decided to write towards in the show. And we think he’s just phenomenal at Tyler.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 3, 2020 1:00 PM

Tomorrow's red carpet live stream:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 4, 2020 8:02 PM

Will Miles walk the red carpet? Will Brandon Flynn gatecrash?

by Anonymousreply 93February 4, 2020 8:04 PM

R93 *gets the popcorn ready* 🤣

by Anonymousreply 94February 4, 2020 10:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 5, 2020 7:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 5, 2020 7:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 5, 2020 7:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 5, 2020 9:22 AM

Premiere

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 6, 2020 2:03 AM

Live Q+A

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 6, 2020 2:04 AM

💅

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101February 6, 2020 2:07 AM

First 10 minutes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 6, 2020 2:35 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 6, 2020 2:36 AM

R102 Wow that actually looks so good, the opening kind of makes me think of Coraline

by Anonymousreply 104February 6, 2020 2:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105February 6, 2020 3:14 AM

Miles & Connor 👬

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 6, 2020 6:29 AM

I am looking forward binge-watching the season this weekend. Love these supernatural adventure type of shows. Connor Jessup is a big bonus.

by Anonymousreply 107February 6, 2020 8:53 AM

Connor talking to a fan telling him she wanted to marry him when she was 13:

[quote]"Well, I'll tell that to my boyfriend"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 6, 2020 3:16 PM

Surely the Connor/Miles thread and this one don't have to be one and the same?

by Anonymousreply 109February 6, 2020 3:48 PM

R109 I totally agree with you. But even the Zachary Quinto /Brandon Flynn thread is now only about Connor and Miles. Maybe it is possible to reduce it to only the current C+M thread?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 6, 2020 4:58 PM

Once the show drops on Friday, hopefully this thread will be used to discuss the series and not who Connor is fucking...

by Anonymousreply 111February 6, 2020 5:14 PM

Few hours left...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 7, 2020 3:42 AM

Just showed up on netflix.

by Anonymousreply 113February 7, 2020 7:13 AM

There's a daughter-son of indeterminate sex. I think it may be a boy though.

by Anonymousreply 114February 7, 2020 7:17 AM

Uncle Duncan = hot

by Anonymousreply 115February 7, 2020 7:20 AM

Or not.

by Anonymousreply 116February 7, 2020 7:38 AM

And we're pretending that an anorexic chick can overpower a guy with one arm...

by Anonymousreply 117February 7, 2020 8:36 AM

And the British black guy says he's English... I thought that English was physical and British was nationality...

by Anonymousreply 118February 7, 2020 8:39 AM

The mother appears to be around five years older than her oldest child.

by Anonymousreply 119February 7, 2020 8:43 AM

kid needs to hoof that chick in the back, take the key and close the door after she flies through the doorway. Jeeeesus.

by Anonymousreply 120February 7, 2020 8:55 AM

How longg has the dad been dead he's like less than 10 years older than the kids.

by Anonymousreply 121February 7, 2020 9:08 AM

Sorry, he might have had the first one when he was 14 or 15

by Anonymousreply 122February 7, 2020 9:09 AM

straight gay guy talking about golden girls cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 123February 7, 2020 9:27 AM

[Quote] And the British black guy says he's English... I thought that English was physical and British was nationality...

Gworl.

by Anonymousreply 124February 7, 2020 11:41 AM

[quote]And the British black guy says he's English... I thought that English was physical and British was nationality...

GWORL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 7, 2020 12:00 PM

It's really good and darker than the trailers 🔒🗝️

by Anonymousreply 126February 7, 2020 5:03 PM

BTS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 7, 2020 5:51 PM

Just finished ep 2 I'm enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 128February 7, 2020 11:35 PM

Any Connor nude scenes yet?

by Anonymousreply 129February 8, 2020 3:17 AM

When does he show up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 8, 2020 3:18 AM

it’s good. The three main actors really do look like siblings.

by Anonymousreply 131February 8, 2020 3:19 AM

The FOX pilot from a few years ago was vastly superior.

This version is disjointed and underdeveloped. The cast is too large for a ten episode series. They need to trim the cast to about half if there is a second season.

by Anonymousreply 132February 8, 2020 3:22 AM

R132 Kid actors can only work so many hours a day. Many times expanding the cast and plot lines fills the story up so there is less screen time for the younger actors. This seemed to have a very long film schedule already most likely due to child actors.

by Anonymousreply 133February 8, 2020 3:30 AM

Great show

by Anonymousreply 134February 8, 2020 3:33 AM

Liking Connor more than I expected and he does come off younger than he is. Would love to have him as a big brother.

by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2020 3:35 AM

[quote] Kid actors can only work so many hours a day. Many times expanding the cast and plot lines fills the story up so there is less screen time for the younger actors

Stranger Things has child actors. There was only one child actor in Locke & Key.

by Anonymousreply 136February 8, 2020 3:39 AM

It deals with PTSD and trauma in a real way. Good show but kind of bumming me out.

Also they went HARD on the sympathy for Sam Lesser in this version...

by Anonymousreply 137February 8, 2020 5:01 AM

I'm surprised that Connor can play a 17 year old so convincingly at 25, baby-faces are a blessing

by Anonymousreply 138February 8, 2020 6:07 AM

Tyler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 8, 2020 6:49 AM

Another Connor/Miles thread was paywalled. What does Muriel have against young love?

by Anonymousreply 140February 8, 2020 6:52 AM

New Connor/Miles thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141February 8, 2020 6:52 AM

R139 Connor has muscle tone? He's been looking a bit out of shape lately but I guess he was in better shape during filming.

by Anonymousreply 142February 8, 2020 7:44 AM

Interesting that they changed the town's name from Lovecraft to Matheson. I get that Lovecraft is...problematic, but I'm not sure Richard Matheson quite overlaps with the subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 143February 8, 2020 9:31 AM

Best name of show ever since Joey's failed pilot Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E.

by Anonymousreply 144February 8, 2020 11:17 AM

Wouldn’t it have been great if Dodge seduced and made out with Tyler as Lucas instead of as Echo...

by Anonymousreply 145February 8, 2020 11:47 AM

Wow, Papa Locke was a Hot Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 146February 8, 2020 1:41 PM

Is there any gay content in this? Is Connor whatshisname playing a gay teenager?

by Anonymousreply 147February 8, 2020 1:53 PM

People here talking about the "paywall" while they pop through their $900 phones and $100/mo plans 24/7 are why Trump is president.

by Anonymousreply 148February 8, 2020 2:09 PM

It's mediocre. It feels bloated and disjointed, but lord knows, there's nothing else on, so Locke & Key it is. (And the youngest Locke child is annoying. Why couldn't he have been pushed in front of the subway train?)

by Anonymousreply 149February 8, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote]And the youngest Locke child is annoying.

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 150February 8, 2020 2:18 PM

It's definitely better than your average show and worth watching for Connor or if you enjoy the genre. However, I do think the pacing feels choppy at times (probably because of the editing), the second half is better than the first. I wish they'd included more gay uncle Duncan

by Anonymousreply 151February 8, 2020 2:45 PM

What a contrast seeing Connor play a straight, hockey playing ladies-man with anger issues!

by Anonymousreply 152February 8, 2020 2:54 PM

He seems like a normal masculine bro

by Anonymousreply 153February 8, 2020 3:02 PM

Tyler was drawn a lot brawnier in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 154February 8, 2020 3:05 PM

Who would you have liked to play Tyler?

by Anonymousreply 155February 8, 2020 3:06 PM

Oh, I'm fine with Connor and especially with a gay guy playing a straight guy convincingly.

But if we're talking purely in terms of body type, Gregg Sulkin.

by Anonymousreply 156February 8, 2020 3:12 PM

If you’re looking for meathead, then the go to boy would be Cody Christian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157February 8, 2020 3:17 PM

That's a worked out body would I wouldn't call him meaty.

by Anonymousreply 158February 8, 2020 3:19 PM

Does Dodge make out with Tyler in the comic book? Should have happened as Lucas and not Echo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 8, 2020 3:26 PM

Cody's a better muscle slut, but he's not as good an actor and he's short.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 8, 2020 3:27 PM

A young Steven R. McQueen would have been a good fit for the comic book character's looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 8, 2020 3:55 PM

R159 No, in the comics Lucas seduces Kinsey.

They probably switched it because it’s less kosher for an older man to seduce a teenage girl than an older woman seducing a teenage boy.

by Anonymousreply 162February 8, 2020 4:01 PM

Hot Pertrice Jones is why I’m watching

by Anonymousreply 163February 8, 2020 4:10 PM

Interview about the finale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 8, 2020 7:21 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 165February 8, 2020 7:38 PM

I'm on ep 6. Is it just me or is the mother the absolute worst actress ever?

by Anonymousreply 166February 8, 2020 11:15 PM

She isn't very good but to be fair she hasn't got much to work with, she's horribly written and boring. She gets somewhat interesting when she starts drinking and finds a key, but other than that she just stays at home in the kitchen. She seems very distant to her children but maybe that's supposed to come across as a PTSD thing

by Anonymousreply 167February 8, 2020 11:28 PM

Bet

by Anonymousreply 168February 8, 2020 11:46 PM

Still don’t know how they are affording the taxes and heating bills for that house?

by Anonymousreply 169February 9, 2020 12:12 AM

The original 2011 pilot for FOX is on Vimeo. Makes for an interesting contrast to the Netflix version.

It's much, [italic]much[/italic] closer to the comics in plot, characterization, and overall tone. There's more of a "horror" vibe, whereas the Netflix series leans towards "fantasy". There are a few changes from the books -- Rendell is again killed by Sam alone, for example -- but there are no egregious additions (like the Mirror Key). It also moves much faster than the Netflix series, covering the whole first volume "Welcome to Lovecraft". I wonder how they would've gotten more than a season out of the show at that pace.

Cast was good, featuring Miranda Otto as the mother, Mark Pellegrino as Rendell, Jesse McCartney as Tyler, Sara Bolger as Kinsey and Nick Stahl as Uncle Duncan. Ksenia Solo made for a very creepy Dodge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170February 9, 2020 1:47 AM

To me the show feels very Harry Potter meets The Magicians (because of the show's fantastic epic quest season). Love the twist in the end though I knew that Dodge wasn't gone and defeated so easily in ep 10.

Is there an official soundtrack available? Some of the songs were pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 171February 9, 2020 10:44 AM

Of course gay uncle Duncan was all but erased. Fucking bullshit. Yes, I'm pissed off and annoyed. This always happens to gay male characters, never lesbians. Wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 172February 9, 2020 11:37 AM

R170 Yeah, I actually prefer that one to the Netflix one. Too bad it wasn't picked up as it was very good. I remember being so excited about the series back then and thinking they nailed the actors, they were perfect for their characters. I was sure it would get picked up and was very surprised when it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 173February 9, 2020 11:42 AM

Aloha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 9, 2020 3:36 PM

That black English kid sounds so annoying I can't stand him. STFU and leave the girl alone creep.

by Anonymousreply 175February 9, 2020 3:44 PM

This is not at all my genre but I'm kinda liking it. The mother is miscast and the sister isn't the greatest talent. I only know Connor from here but he's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 176February 9, 2020 4:01 PM

Connor is a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 177February 9, 2020 4:24 PM

Petrice Jones is so hot and charming

by Anonymousreply 178February 9, 2020 5:11 PM

I have never read a Connor Jessup thread, but, there have been so many I knew someone named that existed.

But, damn he is so very easy to look at and a pretty decent actor in this.

by Anonymousreply 179February 9, 2020 5:25 PM

Tyler Locke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180February 9, 2020 5:27 PM

Connor popped up on the DL’s radar back when he was on ABC’s American Crime, playing a gay teen who alleged that he was raped during a hook up. His acting on that show got a lot of critical acclaim and many still maintain that he was robbed of an Emmy nomination (Regina King won for her role).

He became a mainstay on the DL because many believed he was gay and started following his social media for clues. Two years ago he started dating another Hollywood twink, Miles Heizer, which led to all of the Connor/Miles threads being started. When he came out last summer his status as a DL Fave was cemented.

by Anonymousreply 181February 9, 2020 5:33 PM

Connor was already on DL's radar because of Falling Skies and Noah Whyle playing in his dad on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 9, 2020 5:38 PM

I don't recall seeing Falling Skies threads. Not that there weren't any but...

by Anonymousreply 183February 9, 2020 5:42 PM

Connor is hot. I'm a new fan. But this show is bad. I ended up skipping most of the last 6 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 184February 9, 2020 5:58 PM

R171 if you use Spotify there are a bunch of user generated playlists with the music from the show.

by Anonymousreply 185February 9, 2020 7:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186February 10, 2020 6:19 AM

Connor's DL Fave status was cemented with this gif.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187February 10, 2020 6:23 AM

r187 And the follow-up kiss!

by Anonymousreply 188February 10, 2020 10:23 AM

Taylor was such a good role for Connor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189February 10, 2020 12:04 PM

I gave up watching when the lunatic had the mother at gun point and the daughter, who had a key that literally controls the actions of others, didn't use it. But, hey, she did whip it out to make the mean girl at school pour a soda all over herself in the lunch room. That was so stupid, I was out. And while I'm at it, why would you put a demon in a well and not, you know, fill the well with boulders and then obliterate the site? Instead, this stupid family leaves it as is so that 200 years later some simp can visit the well house and free the demon? Aaaaand you have the ghost of the great, great grandfather in a cemetery who can actually answer questions, but do you pump him for information? Nooooooo. That would be too logical. If these keys are so fucking important to protecting the world, why wouldn't the family take it seriously and provide instructions for each generation?

by Anonymousreply 190February 10, 2020 12:48 PM

r189 I wish there'd been a full scale sex scene after that.

by Anonymousreply 191February 10, 2020 1:27 PM

I thought the show was pretty good albeit predictable. I think it’s better than the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina as it has less boring parts overall. I’d give it a solid B.

by Anonymousreply 192February 10, 2020 1:28 PM

The Umbrella Academy pretty much blew this away. The pacing here was disjointed, and there were too many plot holes.

by Anonymousreply 193February 10, 2020 2:23 PM

R193 what plot holes?

by Anonymousreply 194February 10, 2020 2:40 PM

R194-having a key that controls people but conveniently failing to use it when needed to heighten the dramatic tension; having access to the ghost of an ancestor who can literally explain everything and failing to question him about the keys and the danger, for starters. Seriously, you have a key that can make someone put down a gun and explain exactly what the fuck is going on, but you don't use it? WTF? But hey, make the mean girl make out with a statue. And while not a pothole, you have a mother who is completely removed from raising her kids. She'll have 4 experts out to figure out why her stove misfired, but she never knows where any of her kids are or what's going on in their lives. She was useless. The daughter should have just let her be shot.

by Anonymousreply 195February 10, 2020 2:45 PM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196February 10, 2020 6:29 PM

Connor Locke & Key interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197February 10, 2020 6:31 PM

BTS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 10, 2020 10:00 PM

More Netflix stuff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 10, 2020 10:01 PM

Miranda Otto was so much better than that wooden mannequin that played mom in the Netflix version.

by Anonymousreply 200February 10, 2020 10:26 PM

Agree, R200. Otto could act circles around that plank of wood. She was awful. What a bad miscast.

by Anonymousreply 201February 10, 2020 11:31 PM

Tyler is arguably the most developed character but I'm not sure if that's intentional. He starts off as a jerk and distant from his siblings but then after they mess around with the keys he decides it's time to be a brother again. That lasts hardly an episode before he goes back to running away from the house and his problems; complaining that he has to act like a father figure for the family. Since when? Other then scolding Kinsey, when has he ever acted as supervisor for the group? Now you can argue that this is his character- he wants his brother and sister to grow up but he's still a kid himself. However, most of this duality is spoken not shown. We only see him drinking and partying then complaining when things don't go his way. It makes his instructions about the keys come off as selfish "You're killing my buzz, man!" rather than protective. This is why I'm not sure if he's well-written or not. Either the writers had this in mind or they forgot to give him motivation.

Kinsey says in one episode "Just because I have no fear doesn't mean I'm irrational." Haha. Good one. I don't mind her killing her inner demon, that's the kind of stupid thing a teenager might do. When she tells her boyfriend about the keys, after knowing how dangerous they are, that's when she started to slip into dumb. But when she brought the music box to school, uses it on the bully, then tells her "friend" (She hasn't spent more than a few hours with this guy) about the box and the magic keys she became stupid for stupid-sake. I get they wanted to force a love triangle but it makes no sense why she would trust someone (ANYONE) with this secret. She owes this "friend" nothing, even if he did witness it she could have just said "You didn't see shit!" and walked away. And I guess she stopped carrying the powerful mind control chest with her at all times like she said she would because when her family is in danger her plan is to walk into the woods for knife! [bold]Did she never hear about what happens when you bring a knife into a gunfight!?[/bold] Not irrational my arse.

Bode is....[italic]sigh[/italic]... Bode. Children are notoriously annoying on film/TV I don't know why people insist on writing them central to the plot. In this case, they needed someone to find all the keys and unlock Dodge, but following around this kid (who for whatever reason shouts everything he says) is a chore in patience. He's not interesting and has no character besides "I'm a kid!" Even opportunities to expand him are wasted: We got to see inside his head. Did it reveal anything? Nope. He makes friends with an autistic kid. Do they explore how this is his only friend and how it's nice to be treated like an equal instead of like a child? No. He finds magic keys, one that can take him anywhere, another that sees inside minds, and one that gifts him flight and speech with the dead. Did the writers use these as tools to show his own motivations, or even that he's a lot more clever than people give him credit for? Not a chance.

The Mom, O my god, the mother. What is she doing? How are you not noticing that your eldest son is showing up late at night drunk? How are you not concerned when your daughter changes personality overnight and brings boys over? Why are you allowing your youngest child to wander the woods unsupervised, sometimes at night? She doesn't seem to have a job and she says she's working on the house but we never see her do anything. I have a headcannon that those men she invites over aren't workers but are men she offers "hospitality", like Sally Fields in Forest Gump. That would explain how she has income.

by Anonymousreply 202February 10, 2020 11:35 PM

There are bunch of little things that just don't make sense. Does Dodge have super strength? That would explain how she's able to choke with one hand, fling a child into a train, and knock two people to the ground with not much effort. Except Bode with the bear trap, none of the kids attempt to defend against Dodge. They know she's out there and dangerous but they're just like "She's lying about threatening the family. She won't come back." Why did Bode not tell them what she looked like? When Sam broke out of prison, why was it not all over the news, the talk of the town, or the family told directly that he escaped?

I am glad some of you enjoyed this show. Unfortunately, I stopped watching after episode eight when the mother grabbed the gun but didn't shoot Sam, and then didn't shoot Dodge when she slapped her son to the ground. They both just sat on the floor staring at Dodge taking the keys like "Whelp, there's nothing we can do..." Also, why did they attempt to redeem Sam in the end? As if, we're supposed to feel sorry for him after he threatened the family and burned down the prison.

I don't think the show is terrible. It's just one where everyone needs to be stupid for the story to work. The writer spent the entire time telling not showing us about the characters. Tyler says he's the father figure but aside from "Don't speak to Mom that way/ The keys are weapons." we never see that. Kinsey is said to be organized (like her Mind Mall) but we never see her being analytical. Bode is supposed to be clever but he never thinks before acting. The one time he does he comes up with a bear trap and then gives up after that. Maybe I'm overthinking but I gave up after eight and came here to see if anyone fared better. I think it's great that Netflix is doing more fantasy so I want everyone who enjoys the show to support it, but dammit I wish they'd spring for competent writers.

by Anonymousreply 203February 10, 2020 11:38 PM

R203-you gave up at the same time as I did for almost identical reasons. I just couldn't force myself to watch anymore. It was stupid people doing stupid things for flimsy plot advancement. When I get that annoyed by characters, there's no point. I never felt that way about Umbrella Academy. Did people do stupid things? Yes. But it was keeping in character and made sense.

by Anonymousreply 204February 10, 2020 11:43 PM

Connor really does pass for 17 even though he's 25. Clear skin and lingering baby fat is a gift!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205February 11, 2020 8:36 PM

R205 And lots of makeup helps!

by Anonymousreply 206February 11, 2020 9:12 PM

r205 I think that's why he goes for the scruff look when he's not acting. He wants to look more his age.

by Anonymousreply 207February 11, 2020 9:34 PM

R207 ... or his boyfriend demands it.

by Anonymousreply 208February 11, 2020 11:40 PM

Just finished it. The finale was a bit predictable. This was my first exposure to Connor after always seeing the threads about him as I scroll through DL. I thought he was decent enough. Seems like a good kid.

The youngest sibling on the show was definitely the type of child you only see on TV and not in real life. No one really talks or acts like that as a 6 year old.

Shawn Ashmore as uncle Duncan was nice, just wish he had more to do. Such a hot daddy. They only made one slight tiny mention of the character being gay (as he is in the comics).

by Anonymousreply 209February 12, 2020 7:44 AM

New Connor & Miles thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210February 12, 2020 7:13 PM

Bode and uncle Duncan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211February 12, 2020 10:08 PM

The older brother has gay face.

by Anonymousreply 212February 13, 2020 5:47 AM

Well he is a gay, R212

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213February 13, 2020 6:27 AM

Locke siblings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214February 14, 2020 1:11 PM

I don’t get the casting of Darby Stanchfield as the mom. She’s so bland. Couldn’t Netflix have offered a better, more famous actress first-billing to play mom in a show like this (like they did with Winona Ryder in Stranger Things, Famke Jansen in Hemlock Grove, or Uma Thurman in Chambers)?

by Anonymousreply 215February 15, 2020 5:02 PM

I liked the mother. She played that "trying to be white picket fences / apple pie" mom thing well. I also thought the youngest was better company than the older kids. I thought Connor Jessup's performance wasn't very interesting. Emilia Jones had some very effective close ups but I thought the "I buried my fear" thing rather hemmed her in, character wise. I disliked the English love interest.

The first problem I had with the series was that the ice cream worker knew they were Lockes, and later he even talks about doing his research (I think he was referring to Madison). Despite this, he thinks it's a good idea to invite Kinsey, whose father was recently shot dead, to a violent movie screening. Moreover, he then recognises that this was a poor decision but proceeds to cast her in his horror movie, which involves pouring "blood" over her as her "co-star" is decapitated. For me, it doesn't cut it to just say he's a "stupid" teen.

I also thought it was odd that the father was uncomfortable when Sam asked about Key House (the portrait). The father explained it as "reminding me where I came from" but I didn't buy that, especially relative to his performance. It was obviously done to facilitate the plot, while obscuring character.

I was a little confused with Dodge's final "altered appearance." Were we shown the character being knocked out or tied up etc. so that Dodge could assum that character's identity? (I confess there were times that I looked away from the screen to do something else.)

by Anonymousreply 216February 15, 2020 5:33 PM

[Quote] having a key that controls people but conveniently failing to use it when needed to heighten the dramatic tension

The problem with that idea is that you can't lunge at someone with that key, a la the head key. You have to open the music box, so it's not helpful for quick action when you're in the presence of an assailant. Thus, I wouldn't say that was a plot hole.

by Anonymousreply 217February 15, 2020 5:36 PM

[Quote] And while not a pothole, you have a mother who is completely removed from raising her kids. She'll have 4 experts out to figure out why her stove misfired, but she never knows where any of her kids are or what's going on in their lives. She was useless

Well, she is an alcoholic. And Kinsey explicitly states that the father was the "do-er" of the parents. Even when Kinsey remembers that her mother was actually present at an important childhood memory/event, that doesn't change the impression I got, which is that the mother has been a very passive character in her own life. Add in the alcoholism, even if in recovery, and you have a character that even her own children don't see as reliable/a rock etc.

by Anonymousreply 218February 15, 2020 5:39 PM

R217-they were upstairs when the action started. They easily could have gotten the box. Therefore, I am asserting either pothole or extreme stupidity on the part of the characters.

by Anonymousreply 219February 15, 2020 9:52 PM

New Connor and Miles thread....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 16, 2020 5:53 AM

R219 Listen, Locke & Key isn't perfect. But it's perfectly fine entertainment. You don't watch a show like this only to point out plotholes. You know there will be plotholes, but you can still enjoy the show for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 221February 16, 2020 6:43 AM

Why does this show think I give a shit about the kids highschool social life? The only one reacting in a vaguely understandable way to finding out there are magic keys and an evil mirror realm is the 9 year old with a Bear trap.

by Anonymousreply 222February 17, 2020 4:15 PM

I didn’t want to say this, but Emilia and Connor are playing brother and sister with sexual tension between them. I noticed it on the first episode, but hoped it would abate as the seies professed. But even in the last episodes, the characters seemed to reflect sexual tension instead of sibling affection.

by Anonymousreply 223February 17, 2020 4:28 PM

I think you're projecting R223

by Anonymousreply 224February 17, 2020 4:29 PM

R221-No, I can watch and point out things that don't make sense. When you have issues like that crop up, they point to shoddy writing. A simple thruway line like, "Get the music box! No, there isn't time!" suffices. The Umbrella Academy simply didn't have the weaknesses that I and others have pointed out. Read R202 and R203 again. They make excellent points. It's an average show, but not a great show. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 225February 17, 2020 5:10 PM

The show is overall pretty good. It's very mild though compared to The Umbrella Academy so I can understand if some people especially adults may find it boring. I honestly think It isn't specially made for them.

The CGI is great, I love the cast and I don't mind the acting that much. However, the writing and directing could be a lot better. For example, how is it possible that no one knows that there's a sealed door in the cave? Does the authority know? If yes, shouldn't the place be locked down or something? How can the demon just grab the key from Ellie's pocket? Thought someone must give the key to the demon? The shadows vanishing because of light also doesn't sit well with me because without light shadow won't exist.

Again, they seem to deliberately make the show pretty mild such that the directing feels constricted. Tyler could've punched that kid at school a little bit harder. They could've made the Tyler's making out scene with Dodge sexier. Dodge could've stabbed Sam harder and there could've been more blood. Some scenes are also a a bit off like the fear monster suddenly appears behind the white girl when Tyler and friends are right there standing behind them. The cave is so clean that it looks like a resort rather than abandoned place. And a lot of things in Episode 7 are poorly executed in my opinion. It is by far the worst episode of the season.

But the show is quite intriguing. I have shivers in some moments throughout the episodes. The ghost sequences are magical, the multiple scenes at the cliff are nicely done and very beautiful, the scene at the principal house has nice suspense and quite scary, the last scene at the black door is also great.

by Anonymousreply 226February 17, 2020 8:44 PM

[Quote] Thought someone must give the key to the demon?

There was a scene where Dodge noted that she could take keys from anyone who wasn't a Locke.

by Anonymousreply 227February 17, 2020 9:10 PM

Connor talking about the show...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228February 18, 2020 2:40 PM

New Connor and Miles thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 18, 2020 9:14 PM

Connor is a cutie, but this show was just lackluster.

by Anonymousreply 230February 19, 2020 3:33 PM

As long as I get to stare at Connor's lips I'm ok with it.

by Anonymousreply 231February 19, 2020 4:06 PM

R231

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232February 19, 2020 5:49 PM

He sucks my dick with those lips 👄

by Anonymousreply 233February 19, 2020 6:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234February 22, 2020 1:35 PM

If you're going to make a new C&M thread R234 the least you could do is link it in the last C&M thread

by Anonymousreply 235February 22, 2020 5:08 PM

R235 It’s behind a paywall

by Anonymousreply 236February 22, 2020 6:19 PM

This show is a Poor Man's STRANGER THINGS.

CW-style melodrama and girlnip. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz ...

by Anonymousreply 237February 22, 2020 8:51 PM

Is that because Stranger Things is the only other fantasy show you're aware of, R237?

by Anonymousreply 238February 22, 2020 9:45 PM

Locke family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 23, 2020 6:39 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240February 27, 2020 6:00 AM

We need another Connor & Miles thread. The one in R240 got paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 241February 28, 2020 8:15 AM

I made a new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242February 28, 2020 8:43 AM

Hopefully this link works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243February 28, 2020 8:46 AM

Seems to be a new thread every few days. Crazy

by Anonymousreply 244February 28, 2020 1:35 PM

I've just started watching it and so far I like it. It's very atmospheric and YA adventure-y, but it has WAY better production value than I expected from a Netflix show. Usually their originals of this genre look like shit (see The Society, The Order, etc) but this actually had some care put into how it's filmed and how it looks so I commend them.

The story's alright. Some things are creative, some things are derivative, over all it's a fun ride.

Jessup looks extremely fuckable the whole time, like a young Ryan Phillippe. I really wish he'd hurry up and star in a show where he can show some skin, because I'm eager to see that ass. He's great eye candy to get you invested.

by Anonymousreply 245March 3, 2020 1:03 AM

It's very charming. The uncle was an unexpected hottie. The mother reminds me too much of Julianne Moore.

by Anonymousreply 246March 3, 2020 1:07 AM

Too bad there were only straight hookup scenes, Connor can definitely pass for straight though (unlike his boyfriend).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 3, 2020 6:30 AM

[quote] Connor can definitely pass for straight though (unlike his boyfriend).

Sure, he can "pass". But does he want to? Him painting his nails doesn't look like he is that much interested in "passing" which makes me like him even more.

Like when a guy is more "masculine" by not giving in to toxic masculinity bullshit and is totally comfortable in his own skin. That sort of confidence is way sexier than some muscles guy showing off his ripped body every chance he gets in order to establish his alpha male dominance.

by Anonymousreply 248March 3, 2020 9:13 AM

Funny how in one breath, people here praise Connor's confidence, while knocking Miles "passing" in another. "Straight passing" is everything, huh? No wonder Miles limits his social media activity. What a "community."

by Anonymousreply 249March 3, 2020 9:57 AM

I'm actually surprised that Locke & Key is doing so well cause for me this show was such a boring watch. But good for Connor, season 2 seems to be a lock

by Anonymousreply 250March 3, 2020 2:29 PM

Miles should be in season 2!

by Anonymousreply 251March 3, 2020 2:45 PM

Maybe Dodge could shapeshift into Miles for an episode.

by Anonymousreply 252March 3, 2020 3:09 PM

Locke and Key/13RW crossover with tons of sex! (Just Connor and Miles, keep dreaming Brandon Flynn!)

by Anonymousreply 253March 3, 2020 4:50 PM

R253 I wouldn't mind seeing Connor shoved down in the locker room by his hockey buddies and sodomized with a broomstick.

by Anonymousreply 254March 3, 2020 11:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 10, 2020 5:20 AM

New Connor and Miles thread... these pay walls can't stop their love !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256March 14, 2020 12:09 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257March 23, 2020 9:24 AM

Renewed for a second season! Here’s hoping it’s gayer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258March 30, 2020 9:34 PM

Shame it's too late to make Connor's character gay

by Anonymousreply 259March 30, 2020 10:00 PM

New Connor and Miles thread (part 11):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 4, 2020 7:38 PM

New Connor and Miles thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 16, 2020 1:47 PM

I enjoyed the first season but it desperately needed Tyler nudity.

by Anonymousreply 262April 16, 2020 1:52 PM

R262 Agreed. We got next to nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 16, 2020 1:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 25, 2020 5:18 AM

R264, thank you!!

by Anonymousreply 265April 25, 2020 6:20 AM

Connor & Miles part 14:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 12, 2020 4:04 PM

Connor & Miles part 15:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267May 16, 2020 11:47 PM

Why do Connor & Miles require a contents page?

by Anonymousreply 268May 16, 2020 11:51 PM

They're DL's favorite couple.

by Anonymousreply 269May 17, 2020 1:11 AM

R268 Because of paywalls! And fans follow this Locke & Key thread too.

C & M part 16:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 22, 2020 3:52 PM

r269 They're c-list Netflix actors so that's depressing. r270 Muriel generally only slams down her begging cup on gossip threads when the count gets too high so stop numbering them and you should be fine.

by Anonymousreply 271May 22, 2020 4:46 PM

No. Threads get paywalled when the ratio is off. Too few posters making too many posts cause the thread to automatically be paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 272May 22, 2020 4:48 PM

Connor & Miles, Part 17!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 6, 2020 5:56 PM

Any news on season 2?

by Anonymousreply 274August 13, 2020 6:19 PM

Yeah. The easiest way to make a thread get paywalled is post link after link about the subject.

by Anonymousreply 275August 13, 2020 6:21 PM

Returning to production in a few weeks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 5, 2020 11:51 AM

Part 24 got pay walled. Connor posted this last night!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 9, 2020 1:26 PM

New thread, part 25:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278September 9, 2020 6:52 PM

Zoom rehearsals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279September 12, 2020 4:04 PM

Day 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 28, 2020 2:07 AM

Now part 25 of Miles + Connor got paywalled 🥺 sos

by Anonymousreply 281October 5, 2020 5:18 PM

Don't make this a Heizer thread, thankyouplease.

by Anonymousreply 282October 5, 2020 5:19 PM

Link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 5, 2020 5:24 PM

Thank you, R283!

by Anonymousreply 284October 5, 2020 6:51 PM

that link doesn't work? also with these netflix shows getting canceled(just heard Glow was canceled) I hope they are able to finish filming.

by Anonymousreply 285October 5, 2020 9:01 PM

You mean you hope filming isn't halted because of a COVID outbreak?

by Anonymousreply 286October 5, 2020 9:04 PM

Locke & Key is one of the only Netflix shows to resume filming, correct? It seems like they cancelled everything else.

by Anonymousreply 287October 6, 2020 12:17 AM

I wonder if there will be even more computer generated stuff in the second season. It would be a way of keeping the cast smaller and/or at a safe distance from each other. They should also cast Miles because he and Connor have already exchanged cooties.

by Anonymousreply 288October 6, 2020 12:20 AM

The link at R283 was working before but it seems like someone deleted the thread...

by Anonymousreply 289October 6, 2020 12:30 AM

Seems like a lot of the threads have been deleted or something because none of them work. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 290October 6, 2020 12:42 AM

Are they trying to hide Connor and Miles' love?

by Anonymousreply 291October 6, 2020 12:42 AM

Part 24 is also gone?

Here's a new part 26:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 6, 2020 2:51 AM

Thank you!!

by Anonymousreply 293October 6, 2020 3:37 AM

R287 the Witcher is currently filming or just finished filming the second season. Season 3 is likely going to be confirmed soon.

by Anonymousreply 294October 6, 2020 3:52 AM

Every Connor and Miles thread getting deleted? Very confusing.

by Anonymousreply 295October 7, 2020 7:58 PM

R295, so annoying 😩

Connor posted this today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 9, 2020 6:07 PM

I believe Connor is in the background of one of Hallea Jones’ IG stories on set of Locke & Key.

It’s wild to see that the production is making all of the actors hold up a face shield to their face on set at all times.

by Anonymousreply 297October 10, 2020 4:30 AM

Oh, forgot the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298October 10, 2020 4:31 AM

Another part 26:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299October 12, 2020 4:46 PM

Brendan Hines is handsome.

by Anonymousreply 300October 12, 2020 5:03 PM

The new Miles & Connor thread should have a code name so it doesnt get deleted. Any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 301October 13, 2020 12:53 AM

It should be named after the dogs at this point.

by Anonymousreply 302October 13, 2020 12:56 AM

So strange how every thread of them is getting deleted.

by Anonymousreply 303October 13, 2020 12:57 AM

Something very dull that "report" types wouldn't even be interested enough to enter.

by Anonymousreply 304October 13, 2020 12:57 AM

It's not that strange. Some of you go a little hard trying to continue a thread when there's nothing to discuss.

by Anonymousreply 305October 13, 2020 12:58 AM

But now there is actually something to discuss, and it keeps getting deleted.

by Anonymousreply 306October 13, 2020 1:02 AM

Connor is the best bf!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307October 13, 2020 1:15 AM

Another (incognito) thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 13, 2020 1:54 AM

R308, its not working 😩

by Anonymousreply 309October 14, 2020 1:00 AM

R309 Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310October 14, 2020 1:10 AM

Thanks, R310!

by Anonymousreply 311October 14, 2020 3:25 AM

Part 28 got pay walled but here is a cute pic of Connor 🥰

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312November 30, 2020 9:53 PM

How nice that the Connor/Miles thread gets locked just as they’re posting more than ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 30, 2020 10:39 PM

Part 29:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314December 1, 2020 4:14 AM

Already renewed for season 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315December 19, 2020 3:55 AM

Will Connor get rich from this? Something tells me: No.

by Anonymousreply 316December 19, 2020 4:02 AM

I hope he does and he can buy a house with Miles, time to leave Mae's guesthouse.

by Anonymousreply 317December 22, 2020 1:23 AM

Connor & Miles part 30:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318December 25, 2020 8:07 AM

New Connor and Miles thread, until Muriel has another episode..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 4, 2021 3:56 PM

It isn't Muriel. It's an auto function.

by Anonymousreply 320January 4, 2021 4:01 PM

Same bitter cunts who criticize this type of fantasy, are the ones jerking off to stories of a woman with serpent hair that turn others into stone because academia has validated that for them as historically relevant.

by Anonymousreply 321January 4, 2021 4:19 PM

auto function to delete threads?

by Anonymousreply 322January 4, 2021 4:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 3, 2021 5:01 PM

is there a new season?

by Anonymousreply 324March 3, 2021 5:02 PM

R324 Season 2 is coming but we don't know when. Some time this year

by Anonymousreply 325March 3, 2021 5:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326April 25, 2021 3:37 AM

Season 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327May 14, 2021 2:14 AM

I binge watched it and it was okay, but not great. It was made for a day when it's too hot to do anything else.

by Anonymousreply 328July 15, 2021 12:34 AM

It's enjoyable, I'm hoping for a somewhat darker season 2 and 3 like the comic books are

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329July 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Yeah it’s not bad but I was surprised it got renewed for 2 more seasons when Netflix were cancelling so many other shows.

by Anonymousreply 330July 15, 2021 9:41 PM

It's impossible to take your eyes off Connor whenever he's on screen. That Ryan Phillippe pout!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331July 15, 2021 10:32 PM

The show was fun but Connor made it better, so gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 332July 15, 2021 11:27 PM

ID on the Tyler Locke jacket?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333July 22, 2021 8:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334September 6, 2021 5:50 PM

I hope the writing improves. The actors and the visuals are fine.

by Anonymousreply 335September 6, 2021 5:56 PM

Season 2 teaser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336September 17, 2021 3:31 AM

Discussion thread for season 2:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337October 22, 2021 5:19 PM

Zdravo. Kako je kaj? Kaj so te ze banovali? So zajebani ti Amerikanci, ne?

by Anonymousreply 338October 22, 2021 5:39 PM

R338, let me call Berlitz.

by Anonymousreply 339October 22, 2021 7:01 PM

Bumping this because I finally watched it this weekend. I found it enjoyable but it was almost a guessing game: That's from the Shining, That's from the remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, That's from Twilight zone. I like Connor but he's really not believable as the boyfriend. Maybe that's why they had to give him a half Asian girlfriend to sort of give him something to be kinda interested in. And what is it about Emilia Jones that landed her this part? I mean, aren't there any American actresses who could have been just as weepy and wimpy as her? And she had zero chemistry with Scout and it's no wonder fans want to see more of her with Gabe because they were interesting together. The highlight of the first season and the entire show thus far, IMO was the performance of Thomas Mitchell Barnet, who was pretty much playing Carrie. Surprised there were no mentions at all of him on the thread. Totally creepy yet created the empathy in the flashback. The understated joy he expressed when he told Rendell he and Tyler were hanging out a lot only to be devastated when he learns he was set up (Carrie at the prom?) was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 340May 15, 2022 4:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!