Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Locke & Key: Season Two

The return of DL fav and Gay poster boy Connor Jessup, newly single and ready to mingle. Will he get that pants scared off him this season? Let’s chat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2021 4:08 PM

Season one recap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 3:22 PM

Looks way darker than season 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 5:18 PM

Hot DILF added to the cast as love interest for the mom, to bad he’s not a Daddy for Connor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 8:04 PM

Lol, Connor gets the ultimate facial in episode 3!

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 8:10 PM

Does Connor show skin? That's what I want to know!

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 8:12 PM

So not many DL'ers are watching this? Do they blame Connor for breaking up with Miles?

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2021 2:20 AM

I will say this season has a much more straightforward and easy to follow storyline, but again Connor isn’t really given much to do otherwise then react to things and fight- usually badly. The sister is a much more realized and actualized character with more to do and better agency. The real MVP of the season is the actor playing Gabe, who is gleefully playing the villain, chewing the scenery and doing the heavy lifting.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2021 3:42 AM

r6 I do. Miles still hasn't gotten over it!

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2021 4:13 AM

Connor is back with his fat fingers. He’s kinda looking his age now.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2021 4:14 AM

Connor looks so good this season, but he has more chemistry with his sister than his girlfriend on the show

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2021 8:41 PM

FFS, this thread is NOTHING without a link to thread providing breakup narrative.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2021 8:57 PM

Not a bad season, Gay uncle gets an actual storyline, though they announce his engagement in the first episode and then sends his boyfriend off for the rest of the season leaving him sexless and completely neutered as a Gay man and any such identification as one.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2021 9:25 PM

Are Connor and Uncle Ashmore fucking now?

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2021 3:08 PM

Connor's spider facial from ep 2:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2021 7:33 PM

R10, Jackie is unlikeable. I wouldn’t have any chemistry with her either.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2021 12:40 AM

I liked the Tyler and Jackie scenes but damn, her character is soooo boring

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2021 4:03 AM

R14, the best scene!

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2021 4:03 AM

It wasn't good. The characters are dumb.

I did like seeing Aaron Ashmore, with his increased role bumped up to regular, even if his gay uncle character is completely sexless with a boyfriend that suddenly has to work in Japan all season so we only have to be reminded that he's gay in the first episode of S2 while the kids and their mom all have boyfriends/girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2021 4:09 AM

I didn't realise that Connor and Miles had broken up tbh.

I've only seen the first episode of Season 2 so far, but I've read the graphic novel series and listened to the whole audiobook/dramatization which was very well done, so I'm pretty familiar with the story. It's very enjoyable to see it play out on an actual show though and I think they've done a great job at capturing the aesthetic. I assume they can't really continue beyond a Season 3 though.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2021 9:52 AM

What was the point of bringing Duncan's boyfriend in on the first episode of the season only to have him leave immediately?

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2021 4:50 PM

R20 to get him out of the way so they didn’t have to explain Duncan’s crisis and magic background to him. So, even though he’s an adult is Duncan still remembering magic? Did they use the memory key on him, I don’t remember that?

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2021 5:04 PM

Tyler and uncle Duncan had more sexual chemistry than Tyler and Jackie. Those key making scenes were strangely hot to me lol, "I'll talk you through every step".

Featuring more uncle Duncan was a good choice, there was too much Nina and her drinking last season.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2021 8:18 PM

I was disappointed Connor did do those blacksmithing scenes shirtless, it seem to call for that.

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2021 9:03 PM

Just binge-watched the second season. It was ok. The score felt too grand for this, like it's some big, epic fantasy quest adventure movie which, I'm sorry, it is not.

Loved Eden's mind place. Too bad she is such an incompetent villain, overestimating her powers. The mother is such a terrible character. Constantly confused, struggling to understand what is going on around her. It was way better handled with Duncan struggling with the memories coming back. Tyler dealing with the relationship drama with Jackie, and trying to convince her to use the memory key, was the least interesting part of the season.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2021 7:58 PM

Season 2 was just a letdown for me. I enjoyed season 1 because it they were discovering the world of magic that the keys unlocked.

Season 2 is all about fighting and no character development or new magic discoveries.

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2021 8:14 PM

Did Connor show any skin?

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2021 9:02 PM

R26 I don't remember any. Seemed to be a lot less sex this season.

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2021 10:14 PM

Did anyone else feel like it’s now Bode and Kinsey’s show and Tyler (Connor) is just relegated to a sidekick character?

by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2021 10:17 PM

I believe there was only one make-out session, and it was between the mom and her new romantic love interest, played by Brendan Hines.

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote] Did anyone else feel like it’s now Bode and Kinsey’s show and Tyler (Connor) is just relegated to a sidekick character?

Don't know the graphic novel series the show is based on, but it seems like they've written his character out of the show for good. He made the deliberate decision not to use the memory key and have a "normal" life, leaving his younger siblings to fend for themselves in future battles.

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2021 10:32 PM

R30 Tyler is integral to the plot of the graphic novel series, so no way would he be written out of the show for good.

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2021 11:04 PM

It’s been a while since I read the comics…in them, did people “forget” magic when they turned 18?

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote] He made the deliberate decision not to use the memory key and have a "normal" life, leaving his younger siblings to fend for themselves in future battles.

This is a normal part of the idea, "With great power comes great responsibility." He'll learn what happens when he shirks his responsibilities as a guardian of the key, everyone will have to deal with the consequences, and he will no doubt will end up getting his memories back to set things right.

[quote]in them, did people “forget” magic when they turned 18?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 33October 27, 2021 12:04 AM

R30 Connor was filming season 3 so he'll be back

by Anonymousreply 34October 27, 2021 1:38 AM

I hope Tyler gets a bigger part on season 3, ready to see his hoe phase!

by Anonymousreply 35October 27, 2021 11:38 AM

Love Connor on the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 28, 2021 4:15 PM

Sad that hot little twink Griffin Gluck was killed off. Gonna miss him.

by Anonymousreply 37October 30, 2021 7:45 PM

I laughed out loud when the vault suddenly had a stairway beside it for easy access (and escape).

by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2021 4:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!