Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The January 6th Hearings Part 4B

Because while birds might not be real, the guns sure were.

by Anonymousreply 595July 18, 2022 11:20 PM

Love it!

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2022 4:32 PM

Thank you, ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2022 4:36 PM

Is this the thread where ElderLez is interested in reading the important talking points of DL's insane Conservative gay trolls?

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2022 4:37 PM

Are the fascists *still* regurgitating the lie that antifa was responsible?

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2022 4:42 PM

Anyone who’s spent significant time in close quarters with a narcissist will be familiar with the funny-scary toddlerlike behavior described yesterday. As for the Secret Service agent who’s supposedly eager to testify under oath that Donald didn’t try to grab him by the throat, I’m guessing it’ll be something like “He did!n’t grab my neck, just my shoulder” or something lame like that.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2022 4:42 PM

R4, I think the current line is that Jane’s Revenge time traveled back to Jan. 6 and staged a false flag invasion using the hologram technology from the ABBA tour.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2022 4:46 PM

Chiming in late, but a few thoughts:

1. There is no way Trump didn’t know who she was. She’s cute, white, female and 25. She seemed to have all her teeth, unlike the usual women who fawn all over him at his rallies. She’s lucky that Orange criminal perv didn’t grab her as he likes to.

2. I don’t think she had a relationship with Meadows. I think it’s common for junior colleagues to refer to superiors by their first names. She didn’t even consistently called Trump President (gag). Frankly, Meadows seemed like such a weak loser that I don’t think he’d have the game to approach her.

3. I think Trump wanted Jan 6 to play out like his pathetic BLM March to the church with the Bible he’s never read. Or his creepy Covid Evita Peron moment. His minions clearing the way for him to look like a strongman and make some gesture, like the Hitler wannabe that he is. No way that fat wimp was getting his orange tiny hands dirty.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2022 4:46 PM

Anyone who didn't spot Trump as a narcissist and an asshole clearly wasn't paying attention. He was a narcissist when he was doing his reality show. People knew exactly what they were getting

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2022 4:48 PM

I nominate Elder Lez as the keeper of these threads, as the other OP has the brains of a chicken.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2022 4:52 PM

Hey, r9!!!

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2022 4:54 PM

[quote]No way that fat wimp was getting his orange tiny hands dirty.

No way that fat wimp was walking to the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2022 4:55 PM

This is official tantrum thread.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2022 4:55 PM

Yeah, r10, chickens can be annoying peckish. I didn’t think we would be easily rid of you.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2022 4:56 PM

Again, r12, nobody likes you.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2022 4:57 PM

There is no doubt Cassidy Hutchinson was being truthful. It’s true that some of the stuff was hearsay (funny enough, the Dump/Secret Service incident, which actually isn’t that important to the crimes Dump committed) but other stuff was stuff she directly heard or saw or was involved in the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2022 5:03 PM

ElderLez needs to drop her annoying habit of starting unnecessary extra threads on topics we already have threads for. She has a pattern of only doing this when her preferred point of view is not dominating the discussion.

I believe this is colloquially referred to as "trolling."

ElderLez herself would be the one best suited to answer the question "what type of trolling?" since she has an amazingly exhaustive knowledge or terminology, jargon, and tactics used in internet trolling.

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2022 5:08 PM

Hearsay as explained to one of the dumber men in America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2022 5:08 PM

Also, to answer the question earlier about Flynn pleading the 5th re:peaceful transition, he was a witness and not a defendant, so I think different fifth rules apply that make his pleasing look even more traitorous.

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2022 5:11 PM

Oh, poor r16. Wah-wah-wah...lol.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2022 5:14 PM

Even if he didn’t commit the murder, the driver of the getaway car can still plead the 5th if called as a witness.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2022 5:14 PM

I agree that Flynn had the right to plead the 5th but my response was that he did not have to plead the 5th. I think if you plead the 5th as a criminal defendant, you just keep repeating that. Because he wasn’t a criminal defendant when he testified before the J6 committee, Flynn could have answered the question about peaceful transfer but he clearly thought he needed 5th protection.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2022 5:25 PM

[quote] I believe this is colloquially referred to as "trolling."

And I believe you're colloquially referred to as a fuckwit.

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2022 5:35 PM

US Constitution: Article II, Section 1, Clause 8:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Based on our current knowledge, I'd say he violated his oath of office.

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2022 5:46 PM

What was wrong with this thread that was only on Post 400?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2022 5:54 PM

R24, I know we have competing threads (it wouldn’t be DL I’d we didn’t), but I think the other thread is for discussing just the June 28 hearing and this one is for discussing the Jan. 6 committee hearings in total. But I admit I haven’t been diligent, I’ve posted on both and haven’t paid attention to make sure I’m following the thread topic.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2022 6:24 PM

R24 ElderLez can't sleep at night knowing that other people are thinking bad thoughts about a topic of importance.

Better to start thread after thread that she can quietly rule over like a gentle, but stern, grandma.

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2022 6:29 PM

r26 in the *The January 6th Hearings Part 4* thread:

[quote]I also pulled up this, which is an editorial from a law enforcement website claiming no guns were seized at all. It quotes an FBI statement supposedly from early March.

[quote]According to this "fact check," the FBI did not confiscate any guns on January 6th but it is unknown whether the Capitol or D.C. Police did. He also claims that two, count 'em TWO rioters have received weapons charges.

Why so invested in there being few (if any) guns, r26?

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2022 6:40 PM

The main thread where the quotes in R27 were pulled from and where hearsay was brought up is here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2022 6:49 PM

R27 My response is on the actual thread.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2022 6:49 PM

R26, is you sad defucktard?

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2022 6:52 PM

R30 Find something that brings you joy in life, even something small and insignificant, and focus on that instead of some random man on the internet whose greatest crime is getting your goat sometimes. You fantasize about him, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2022 7:02 PM

R31, you look like defacto. You sound like defacto. Yet you deny you’re defacto. Hmmmm….

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2022 7:09 PM

This isn't repartee and I'm not Defacto.

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2022 7:46 PM

R6 Who? You mean Jane's Addiction?

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2022 7:47 PM

OT news, as it turns out, but Michael Stenger died of cancer. Twitter rumors said he’d been shot, and as we all know, Twitter is so accurate. 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote]She seemed to have all her teeth, unlike the usual women who fawn all over him at his rallies.

😂😂

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2022 8:24 PM

[quote]According to this "fact check," the FBI did not confiscate any guns on January 6th

The FBI weren’t the ones manning the magnetometers.

[quote]but it is unknown whether the Capitol or D.C. Police did.

Or how many they did. But that’s conveniently left out.

[quote]He also claims that two, count 'em TWO rioters have received weapons charges.

There’s an expression that goes, “if you ain’t looking, don’t peek.”

If they didn’t pass through the magnetometers, who was wading through the crowd tossing these people to check for guns? No one, that’s who. So based on the fact that two people were arrested who had them, you’d have us assume no one else in the crowd was armed?

With a statement like that, to quote Kevin Costner in [italic]JFK,[/italic] I doubt these people would even qualify as a member of my staff.

(These points are directed at that quote, NOT the poster who posted it.)

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2022 8:29 PM

[quote]But I admit I haven’t been diligent, I’ve posted on both and haven’t paid attention to make sure I’m following the thread topic.

But, you’re a hottie, so you get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2022 8:30 PM

I don’t know whether or not R25 is a hottie, but R25 is correct about the intent. The June 28th hearing specific threads are great.

DeFacto posted on thread 3B and, insofar as anyone can read tone in a post on DL, he seemed rather offended to be confused with the OP of thread 3 aka R31 on this thread.

Doris R2 is that you on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2022 9:40 PM

R39 I can only imagine his disdain.

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2022 10:09 PM

R37 Here's the article by Rick Rouan that you're having a rhetorical argument with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2022 10:13 PM

Upon occasion, r39/ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2022 10:22 PM

Elderlez is the Covid thread shepherdess, and has done a great job.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2022 11:24 PM

So… do we think Pat Cipollone will testify in front of the committee? If anyone can top Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony, it’s his (if he’s honest).

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2022 12:27 AM

Just an FYI:

NPR has been posting full transcripts after each hearing and C-SPAN videos all have transcripts that you can keyword search.

This is an easy way to shut down the spread of disinfo from the liars and manipulators.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2022 1:06 AM

Cipollone will likely refuse to testify, he will be found in contempt of Congress, and he will immediately appeal to the Federal appellate Court, on the basis of the attorney/client privilege. If he loses, he'll appeal to the Supreme Court and at this point, who knows how that might come out? The process could take a year to be resolved, and the Committee will be long gone by then, I highly suspect. It is *possible* that Cipollone will throw Shitler to the wolves, in order to salvage his own reputation, and just proceed to tell them what he knows. Toss up.

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2022 1:10 AM

Cipollone is not Trump's lawyer. He is the White House Consel. He works for us. There is no attorney/client privilege with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2022 1:14 AM

^AND if Shitler himself were to invoke the privilege re attorney/client confidentiality, it would fly in the face of Donny's loud-mouthed whining about how the Committee won't give him the opportunity to tell his side of the story (which is complete BULLSHIT anyway).

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2022 1:14 AM

R43 Narrative shaper.

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2022 1:23 AM

[quote] BREAKING: Zoe Lofgren tells @andersoncooper that some of the money donald raised off the Big Lie has been used to PAY FOR LAWYERS for witnesses and it’s not clear “that arrangement is without coercion”. THAT IS A CRIME

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2022 1:26 AM

R50, someone on a previous thread asked how all of these people were paying for lawyers. That seems to have been a shrewd question.

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2022 1:39 AM

Forgive me if this has been discussed already but wouldn’t this development make for a strong case under RICO?

Although some of the RICO predicate acts are extortion and blackmail, one of the most successful applications of the RICO laws has been the ability to indict and or sanction individuals for their behavior and actions committed against witnesses and victims in alleged retaliation or retribution for cooperating with federal law enforcement or intelligence agencies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2022 2:00 AM

I realize they are not witnesses in court or working with law enforcement for committee testimony, so perhaps not.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Miss the good ole days when the White House was normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2022 3:19 AM

Schiff: Meadows ‘In Hiding’ In Wake Of Hutchinson Testimony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2022 4:32 AM

Ladybugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 30, 2022 1:08 PM

Re the RICO issue, I *believe* there are abundant criminal statutes about tampering with witnesses to Congress, specifically, and the offenses are all felonies. I don't believe that Liz Cheney would have made her warning to Trump in public (and it was CLEARLY him she was addressing) if she did not believe she had clear evidence to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 57June 30, 2022 1:56 PM

The weird thing is, back when when Rudy G was sane, he prosecuted John Gotti using the RICO Act. At the time, that was a real accomplishment. So if anyone knows about ROCO, it’s him. So what the hell has he been telling Trump all this time? “Do exactly what I put Gotti away for, you’ll be fine”?

by Anonymousreply 58June 30, 2022 3:14 PM

“Giuliani decided to prosecute the leaders of the families and their upper-level cohorts together under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, or RICO, for allegedly conspiring to commit felonies including contract murders, loan sharking, extortion, labor racketeering and drug trafficking. It was the first time RICO, passed by Congress in 1970, was employed to prosecute a major federal case.

“He argued the case before a federal grand jury and in February 1985 obtained indictments against a laundry list of New York’s Mob leaders and their lieutenants: Bonanno family boss Phil Rastelli and capo Anthony Indelicato; Colombo boss Carmine Persico and member Ralph Scopo; Gambino boss Paul Castellano; Genovese boss Anthony Salerno and member Gennaro Langella; Lucchese boss Anthony Corallo, underboss Salvatore Santoro and consigliere Christopher Furnari.

“In November 1986, the mobster defendants – including family leaders Salerno, Persico and Corallo – were convicted in the 21-count indictment and made to serve sentences of 40 to 100 years in prison, a crippling blow to the decades-old New York Mafia.

“Meanwhile, in May 1988, Giuliani’s office got guilty verdicts on Salerno, Genovese family member Matthew Ianniello and two others in a RICO case alleging extortion, union fraud and rigging bids for $30 million in cement work at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.

“In October 1988, a federal judge sentenced Salerno, who was already serving a 100-year sentence in the 1986 Commission case, to an additional 70 years for his conviction in the Javits center bid-rigging.”

So what happened to Rudy? Mad cow disease? Why would the guy that did this, not know that Trump was walking right into RICO? Is he being blackmailed? By who, the Mob, Putin or Trump? What do they have on him? I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he’s a drunk now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 30, 2022 3:22 PM

R59, many high-profile political figures care about only attention and power. Maybe they’ll do the right thing, but it has to feed their ego and their bank balance. I think that Rudy became an alcoholic, and wound up a pathetic weasel, because he couldn’t handle becoming irrelevant. Trump put him back on television; therefore, Trump was good.

by Anonymousreply 60June 30, 2022 3:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 30, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote]I think that Rudy became an alcoholic, and wound up a pathetic weasel, because he couldn’t handle becoming irrelevant.

That, and I remember reading somewhere that his divorce from Donna Hanover cost him big time, so that along with a rock & roll lifestyle support probably eventually lead him to whatever just to bring in bank

by Anonymousreply 62June 30, 2022 3:49 PM

But don’t you think being blackmailed by the Mob might have something to do with it? Trump had ties to the Russian Mafia from way back, and Rudy had put a lot of NY mobsters away. Maybe somebody found his Achilles heel and found a way to get him to leave the Mob alone, by paying him to look after Trump. If there’s any dirt on him, you know the Mob went out of their way to find it after his RICO prosecutions. And you know there is.

Even back in the eighties, Trump was getting Mob money for his real estate deals. There’s got to be an intersection point there somewhere.

What if all Trump’s “success” really goes back to the Mob trying to make money off of Trump? First as a real estate fraudster and money launderer, which he did for years, then later as a politician making all kinds of corrupt policies and fraudulent statements to get money.

Trump was potentially a gold mine for mobsters. He will do anything for the highest bidder. And he’s an idiot. A guy like that shouldn’t be able to fight his way out of a paper bag without help. So how did he somehow get millions of dollars in free air time everywhere in 2015-2016? The cable news shows were literally showing Trump’s empty podium before he appeared onstage, while not covering Hillary actively speaking. CNN did it too. And all the Republicans fell in line behind this guy almost all of them didn’t like back then. They have no principles, they were all bought off. Maybe it’s not just Russian mob money and influence, maybe it’s the NY mob too.

Maybe the Mob has quietly been a kingmaker for Trump all this time, because he’s so corrupt and would gladly look the other way for them. And if right wing sites and politicians suddenly drop him, maybe it will be because the Mob has decided he is too hot and attracts too much attention and investigation. They’ve been involved in politics before, and he’s tailor made for them. But not if he is going to invite federal investigations day and night. Sooner or later somebody might ask about his mob ties. The longer he’s investigated, the more risk somebody is going to pull back the rug and testify about what’s under it.

Liz Cheney made a speech last night before a Republican audience, saying they were going to have to choose between Trump and democracy. She got a standing ovation. You know all Republicans have talking points, they’re always on the same page because they all get their instructions the same day. You can see it when Republicans go on the networks to promote the talking point of the day. Did someone tell them to act enthusiastic about what she was saying? Because a week ago they were sending her death threats.

by Anonymousreply 63June 30, 2022 4:18 PM

You make a lot of very good points R63 and I believe some day we're going to learn how compromised Trump & the repigs are & it will make the 1/6 hearings look like a Sesame Street episode.

Just look what happened in Ukraine - you can see Putin's hand in manipulating his little puppet Trump to weaken & isolate Ukraine & marginalize NATO. If Trump was still in power, there is little doubt Ukraine would be 100% in Russia's hands & Zelensky would be dead or in hiding

by Anonymousreply 64June 30, 2022 4:33 PM

DL's boyfriend was on the Stephen Colbert show last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 30, 2022 4:34 PM

[quote]Cipollone is not Trump's lawyer. He is the White House Consel. He works for us. There is no attorney/client privilege with Trump.

“Maybe. Perhaps you’re right. I don’t know. I think we’ll wait and let a court decide that question. Yeah, that’s the best thing. Let’s wait and let it wend its way through the courts. See you in a couple of years.”

by Anonymousreply 66June 30, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote]probably eventually lead him to whatever

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 67June 30, 2022 4:37 PM

r63's post is very interesting.

I don't live in nostalgia for the horrifying Reagan/Bush/W years, but people were not as openly hostile then.

TRUMP gave them the free reign to be racist and homophobic.

I think the country could survive if his influence is washed away as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 68June 30, 2022 4:46 PM

The Russian mob filled the power vacuum left in NYC when RG decapitated the Italian mob.

by Anonymousreply 69June 30, 2022 4:53 PM

The Justice Department really blew it when they didn't go after Rudy a year ago!

by Anonymousreply 70June 30, 2022 6:17 PM

^I thought in the not-so distant past NYC was on the verge of indicting Rudy, but there was apparently nothing to that. I swear that guy somehow keeps slipping the noose although almost everyone hates him with a passion

by Anonymousreply 71June 30, 2022 6:34 PM

R71 The long trail of almost indictments that never pan out should be teaching you something.

by Anonymousreply 72June 30, 2022 6:43 PM

R71 The long trail of almost indictments that never pan out should be teaching you something.

by Anonymousreply 73June 30, 2022 6:43 PM

According to a reporter who has written a book about the Secret Service, Tony Ornato, the agent who told Hutchinson about Trump’s attempt to seize the wheel of the Suburban after he was told he wouldn’t be taken to the Capitol, is a “Trump acolyte.”In other words, Ornato (great name!) might be happy to insinuate through anonymous sources that she’s lying. He might tell a different story under oath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 30, 2022 8:09 PM

I love that instead of the "well, he's SS/LEO so he must be believed", Ornato is getting shredded in the media.

by Anonymousreply 75June 30, 2022 8:32 PM

Ornato was put in position to protect Trump's West Wing pussy.

by Anonymousreply 76June 30, 2022 10:12 PM

R74 Didn't Ornato already give a testimony which did not mention any of this?

by Anonymousreply 77June 30, 2022 11:00 PM

R77, no, he has not testified under oath to the Committee. He has given a “ statement,” but that is not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 78June 30, 2022 11:04 PM

And he never will either; he'll be all over conservative media, yammering on about the Big Lie (and whatnot), but he'll never put his money where his mouth is.

by Anonymousreply 79June 30, 2022 11:36 PM

And no one will call them out on it. We no longer have the media of Woodward and Bernstein fame.

by Anonymousreply 80June 30, 2022 11:46 PM

BREAKING: The two messages the Jan. 6 committee shared with the public as efforts to influence witnesses were actually both to Cassidy Hutchinson. Hutchinson told the committee one of them was delivered by an intermediary for Mark Meadows the night before a Committee depo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 1, 2022 12:21 AM

I sure hope they vetted this chick. It's all getting a little Lifetime Movie with her.

by Anonymousreply 82July 1, 2022 12:22 AM

No, R80, unfortunately our media is now akin to Perez Hilton and TMZ, with a major dose of conspiracy theories thrown in. A lot of media journalists no longer try to piece together answers to questions, they just ask series of questions. And the rube nation thinks those questions are the gospel news. It’s frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 83July 1, 2022 12:27 AM

The Washington Post has a new article up about Ornado previously lying for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 84July 1, 2022 12:28 AM

Vetted or not.

1.Mike Flynn took the 5th when asked if he believes in the peaceful transfer of power

2. Security identified armed tourists at the capitol.

3. Maga told his people to take down metal detectors. "They are not here to hurt me".

by Anonymousreply 85July 1, 2022 12:31 AM

Said Mike Pence deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 86July 1, 2022 12:34 AM

When I first Googled Ornato, 2 of the 3 pictures that appeared had Hore Hicks in them. Was he another one of her conquests?

by Anonymousreply 87July 1, 2022 12:38 AM

5. the witness received the threatening notes.

I didn't realize that the threats is the slam dunk that id needed to flush maga down the toilet until someone reminded me Nixon fucked himself trying to clean up his bullshit

by Anonymousreply 88July 1, 2022 12:42 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 89July 1, 2022 12:58 AM

Trump reaching for steering wheel in four frames.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 1, 2022 1:07 AM

On Jan 6 - Pence didn't want to get into the car and chose to stay at the Capitol because of Ornato.

by Anonymousreply 91July 1, 2022 1:19 AM

Ouch. If someone has this you just know there's a better quality version someone else has.

by Anonymousreply 92July 1, 2022 1:19 AM

[quote]you just know there's a better quality version someone else has

The presidential vehicles have cameras inside them, r92.

by Anonymousreply 93July 1, 2022 1:27 AM

[quote]The presidential vehicles have cameras inside them, [R92].

Oh dear God I hope Liz has that video.

by Anonymousreply 94July 1, 2022 1:28 AM

That's something Biden could have quietly released.

by Anonymousreply 95July 1, 2022 1:36 AM

Folks, all the focus on the steering wheel and lunges is the GQP exploiting your dopamine buttons.

That is the least important part of the entire testimony. No one would be obsessed with it if they hadn’t started an immediate and blatant misdirection campaign.

Stop letting them control the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 96July 1, 2022 1:39 AM

Omg was R96 just right about something?!

by Anonymousreply 97July 1, 2022 1:40 AM

[quote]Folks, all the focus on the steering wheel and lunges is the GQP exploiting your dopamine buttons.

Of course. The news won't shut up about it.

by Anonymousreply 98July 1, 2022 1:41 AM

True, r96, but it's being quickly countered.

by Anonymousreply 99July 1, 2022 1:46 AM

R97, not entirely, no. The testimony about Trump’s repeated physical violence — the ketchup on the wall, the steering wheel—was part of a larger story. It’s proof of how desperate he was to stay in power. He didn’t pointlessly lash out—he wanted to get to the Capitol and overthrow the government.

by Anonymousreply 100July 1, 2022 1:49 AM

Right, it’s been countered over and over and over again. That’s the point I’m making: Why are we still talking about it?

Because it is a dopamine hit to find evidence and prove he’s lying. Anyway, the Canada moron convoy was/is funded by the same groups as J6. Kind of important, especially now they’re having a round two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 1, 2022 2:01 AM

June 22, 2022 “A group of Conservative Party of Canada MPs met with some of the people planning protests in Ottawa this summer, including organizers of the Freedom Convoy that occupied downtown streets earlier this year.

James Topp, a veteran marching across Canada to protest against remaining vaccine mandates, is set to end his journey on June 30 but he drove into Ottawa Wednesday to take part in the meetings.

[bold]He was joined by Paul Alexander, a former official in U.S. president Donald Trump's administration[/bold] and Tom Marazzo, who served 25 years in the Canadian Forces and had a failed bid as an Ontario MPP candidate”.

This is a North American insurrection. There are now 675,000 eligible conservative voters in Canada. That number was 269,469 in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 1, 2022 2:24 AM

DL fave Adam Kinzinger is openly calling Ornato a liar. I'll ask again: how does this openly partisan Trump stooge still have a job with the SS?

There seems to be a major thread here… Tony Ornato likes to lie.

As far as the comment about Flynn pleading the 5th about a peaceful transfer of power: make of this what you will, but someone on twitter speculated that Liz was trying to get a response from him under oath because she has receipts (emails, texts) stating his very views on this matter and he knows she's trying to catch him in a lie

by Anonymousreply 103July 1, 2022 12:05 PM

The reason the steering wheel is being talked about is because the Right Wing media says, "He said it didn't happen! She's lying! Case closed!", thus stating all of her testimony is "lies" as well.

Video proof of what she said helps shut down the lying Right Wing media.

by Anonymousreply 104July 1, 2022 12:22 PM

Am I the only one who would sign up for a Stephen/Adam spit roasting or naw?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 1, 2022 1:05 PM

R105, I definitely would.

by Anonymousreply 106July 1, 2022 1:12 PM

[quote] So basically 4 out of 5 Republican politicians are fvkng morons and the 5th is a descendant of an accidental drunken 3-way cross-pollination between Darth Vader, Halliburton Corp, and Genghis Khan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 1, 2022 3:20 PM

Ornato’s comments seem to have emboldened other agents to start making their own statements, which is an interesting development and probably not at all what he hoped.

by Anonymousreply 108July 1, 2022 10:29 PM

Hopefully they have learned nothing and Liz, knowing them better than anyone, will continue to make fools of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 1, 2022 10:33 PM

I can't wait for the next broadcast of the Jan 6 Hearing. I'm sure there will be more shocking revelations.

by Anonymousreply 110July 1, 2022 10:56 PM

Where's the continuation of the Jan. 6 6/28/22 hearing thread? Is there one? That was a good thread.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 111July 1, 2022 11:03 PM

I believe this thread IS the continuation of that thread, R111.

by Anonymousreply 112July 1, 2022 11:42 PM

The scenario in the car is being thoroughly chewed over in the press and on social media.

What is not being reviewed or discussed?

A venerated general taking the fifth when he is asked if he believes in the peaceful transition of power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 2, 2022 12:16 AM

Since Biden is the Commander in Chief, can't he order Flynn reinstated to military service and then arrested for treason?

by Anonymousreply 114July 2, 2022 12:30 AM

The part of the hearing that grabbed my attention was the recording of capitol cops describing armed tourists. It was interesting because the committee attached photographs of the suspects as the recording played.

The most memorable part of the hearing was Flynn taking the fifth.

The ketchup and brouhaha in the car were minor details and I struggle to understand why so much attention is given to these minor points.

by Anonymousreply 115July 2, 2022 12:55 AM

Michael Flynn was never a "venerated general" r113. Please.

by Anonymousreply 116July 2, 2022 1:02 AM

He has plenty of gear on his chest. Lots of jewelry denoting his success.

Why is he taking the fifth when asked if he believes in a peaceful transition of power?

by Anonymousreply 117July 2, 2022 1:06 AM

Don't forget this bit of Trump performance art H revealed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 2, 2022 1:07 AM

I think the fact that just about everyone rides in cars and eats food with other people whereas only a small subset of the population feels like they’ve “engaged in the peaceful transfer” of power, even if they vote, or have been part of a crowd trying to overthrow the government explains the difference in salience.

Would be dictators; they’re just like us! (When we were 2 years old)

by Anonymousreply 119July 2, 2022 1:08 AM

Flynn was the Former Director of Defense Intelligence, a truly terrifying thought.

by Anonymousreply 120July 2, 2022 1:11 AM

New Zealand's government said that the Proud Boys' involvement in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was "consistent with the definition of a terrorist act." It is now illegal for New Zealanders to participate in or support the group's activities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 2, 2022 2:00 AM

Tell me. I just heard that Sidney Powell administers some kind of mysterious fund that is paying for the lawyers for Proud Boys and other people in the Trump orbit who can't afford legal representation. But the caveat is they have to use lawyers provided by Trumpworld. Hutchinson fired her lawyer because he was chosen for her by Trumpworld.

by Anonymousreply 122July 2, 2022 2:08 AM

r120 I found this interesting tidbit about Flynn’s career on wiki:

“During his tenure he gave a lecture on leadership at the Moscow headquarters of the Russian military intelligence directorate GRU, the first American official to be admitted entry to the headquarters.”

Which led to this source from CNN:

“Russian officials bragged in conversations during the presidential campaign that they had cultivated a strong relationship with former Trump adviser retired Gen. Michael Flynn and believed they could use him to influence Donald Trump and his team” […]

And of course he had to plead the fifth! He’d taken the QAnon oath already, sillies!

“On July 4, 2020, Flynn pledged an oath to the pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy theory,[36] and as Trump sought to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in which he was defeated, Flynn suggested the president should suspend the Constitution, silence the press, and hold a new election under military authority.”. (From Wikipedia)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 2, 2022 2:09 AM

Where's that filthy weasel, Stephen Miller? No way he wasn't involved.

by Anonymousreply 124July 2, 2022 2:48 AM

R110 Can't wait to hear what Trump did eighteen months ago next!

by Anonymousreply 125July 2, 2022 3:25 AM

R121 There is absolutely zero chance any alcoholic 30 year old truck drivers are going to New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 126July 2, 2022 3:26 AM

plowed bois are cops

by Anonymousreply 127July 2, 2022 3:36 AM

[quote]Hutchinson fired her lawyer because he was chosen for her by Trumpworld.

Trumpworld sounds like the worst amusement park ever.

by Anonymousreply 128July 2, 2022 6:58 AM

Now we wait.

by Anonymousreply 129July 2, 2022 6:59 AM

R123 how strange about that lecture.

by Anonymousreply 130July 2, 2022 10:05 AM

Where is the witness' boss, Mark Meadows?

by Anonymousreply 131July 2, 2022 2:30 PM

Meadows was one of the guys who tried to intimidate Cassidy. Sent her a “we’re watching you so do the right thing” message.

by Anonymousreply 132July 2, 2022 2:44 PM

Dodging subpoenas and FBI investigators, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 133July 2, 2022 2:44 PM

Wouldn’t that make Mark Meadows guilty of obstructing justice?

by Anonymousreply 134July 2, 2022 3:29 PM

Yes, it would.

by Anonymousreply 135July 2, 2022 3:31 PM

The DOJ has subpoenaed two Arizona state senators. Not a January 6th Committee subpoena; The Department of Justice is investigating the most egregious of the “alternate slate of electors” scheme.

“I’ll point out that in Arizona, they signed documents calling themselves the “true” electors. Some of the states included contingency language about the ongoing investigation into voter fraud. But in Arizona, they called themselves the “true electors to the presidency.”

GOING TO BE WILD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 2, 2022 3:45 PM

I wonder if the J6 Committee has the rejected versions of the videos Trump made on J6?

All I can remember of them is that the videographer saying time and time again, "We can't use that!"

Donald Trump in his own words.

by Anonymousreply 137July 2, 2022 8:21 PM

[quote] Rep Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) tells CNN there are new witnesses who have come forward to Jan 6 Select Committee after the testimony of Cassidy Hutchinson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 3, 2022 2:07 PM

crickets from the witnesses' boss

by Anonymousreply 139July 3, 2022 2:37 PM

Link for R138 is even better than implied:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 3, 2022 2:45 PM

When is the next hearing? Did they ever schedule it?

by Anonymousreply 141July 3, 2022 3:02 PM

her testimony hit every target, it's still being discussed.

again, it was Flynn taking the 5th that struck me the hardest.

by Anonymousreply 142July 3, 2022 3:06 PM

I'm done caring about the testimony, but I do love the tizzy she caused and there was quite a lot to laugh at. I want more! More explosive witnesses!

by Anonymousreply 143July 3, 2022 3:09 PM

Of course you laughed, r143. This is all a big joke to you.

by Anonymousreply 144July 3, 2022 3:15 PM

The next hearing is next week?

by Anonymousreply 145July 3, 2022 3:33 PM

Liz is fierce!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 3, 2022 3:37 PM

The Recess ends the 11th, They rushed Cassidy because of the TRUMP ORGANIZED CRIME WITNESS TAMPERING.

by Anonymousreply 147July 3, 2022 3:45 PM

I imagine we'll be getting a more concrete testimony schedule soon. (with some new surprises, please Santa)

by Anonymousreply 148July 3, 2022 5:23 PM

It'll probably be some nobody intern, but if it's a Trump...

by Anonymousreply 149July 3, 2022 7:15 PM

R149.

by Anonymousreply 150July 3, 2022 7:51 PM

This is an interesting/horrific response to R140

Ruth Ben-Ghiat

[quote] Elite defections from Trump cult can make a difference. That's why GOP is now in emergency mode. As I said on @Acosta @CNN yesterday, expect more extremism, more attempts to destabilize society thru violence. New witnesses will face threats to stop flow of compromising info.

...followed in immediate succession on my timeline by:

Keith Boykin

[quote] An unarmed Black man shot 60-90 times by police in Akron.

[quote] Ten Black people murdered in a grocery store in Buffalo.

[quote] White supremacists marching in the streets of Boston.

[quote] The Supreme Court taking away a woman’s right to control her own body.

[quote] And they call it Independence Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 3, 2022 8:05 PM

But we still have our guns!

by Anonymousreply 152July 3, 2022 9:43 PM

A criminal case could be “difficult” but necessary, Cheney said on "This Week."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 3, 2022 10:44 PM

While we're waiting for the next shoe to drop, we need Fantasy 1/6 Hearing Players (sort of like Fantasy Football): my vote is Pat Cipollone. I know he's dodging subpoenas & hiding behind executive privilege, but he's clearly the nearsighted man in the land of the blind. Here's hoping the 1/6 Committee comes to some kind agreement with his lawyers to testify, even on a limited basis, about what he knows. It will be explosive, corroborate what Cassidy said & send Trumpy into a rage.

As far as Flynn, I think they've Liz has his balls in her purse - she knows it & so does he. He should be court martialed (or court marsha -ed), but the Army is so compromised at this point, I don't know that they'd get a conviction.

by Anonymousreply 154July 3, 2022 10:56 PM

There are those in this country who thirst for power but have no love or respect for what makes America great: devotion to the Constitution, allegiance to the rule of law, our shared journey to build a more perfect Union." - Chair @BennieGThompson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 4, 2022 12:57 AM

r153, just roll out a THOUSAND count indictment and see Trumpie plea-deal for not spending the rest of his life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 156July 4, 2022 1:42 AM

The House’s inquiry into the January 6 Capitol attack is shedding light on the role members of Congress played in Donald Trump’s scheme to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Americans now know that several Republican members of Congress were so wrapped up in Trump’s coup attempt that they sought preemptive pardons to protect them from prosecution for what they obviously understood to be a criminal conspiracy.

But nothing that has come out so far has provided a clearer insight into the plotting than the revelations regarding the activities of US Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) and his aides and associates on the day of January 6, 2021.

As was revealed last week during an extraordinary session of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol, a top aide to Johnson contacted a top aide to Vice President Mike Pence shortly before the certification of the Electoral College votes that would confirm the election of Democrat Joe Biden.

The Johnson aide indicated that the senator was interested in delivering to the vice president—who would preside over the proceedings—alternative lists of electors from the battleground states of Wisconsin and Michigan. The fake electors were pledged to Trump, who lost the popular vote by more than 7 million ballots nationwide and who lost Wisconsin, Michigan, and three other states that had voted for the Republican four years earlier.

As the hearings have made clear, Trump’s attempted coup was framed around a strategy that sought to have Pence reject the legitimately chosen electors for Biden and accept fake electors for Trump.

During the committee’s fourth session, we learned that around noon on January 6, Johnson aide Sean Riley sent a text message to Craig Hodgson, a top staffer for Pence, in which Riley said, “Johnson needs to hand something to VPOTUS please advise.”

“What is it?” asked Hodgson.

Riley replied, “Alternate slate of electors for MI and WI because archivist didn’t receive them.”

“Do not give that to him,” the Pence aide responded.

The revelation of that text exchange puts Johnson and his office in the thick of the conspiracy to overturn the results of the 2020 election. And in the days that followed, the senator was clearly shaken.

Confronted by reporters on Capitol Hill about the news, Johnson claimed he was ignorant of most of the details. The senator told CNN’s Manu Raju he didn’t know who had delivered the lists of fake electors to his office. But he did admit, “I was aware that we got this package and that somebody wanted us to deliver it, so we reached out to Pence’s office.” He also acknowledged that, at an incredibly volatile moment, he and his aides failed to vet the package that was to be delivered to the vice president.

“We got handed an envelope that was supposed to go to the Vice President,” Johnson said. He claimed, “I wasn’t involved,” and said, “[There’s] no conspiracy here. This is a complete non-story, guys. Complete non-story.”

But, of course, it was a story.

And Johnson was lying about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 4, 2022 2:04 AM

That hearing was so packed with evidence,I forgot about the fake electors scheme.

by Anonymousreply 158July 4, 2022 2:13 AM

I’ve seen bricks sharper than Ron Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 159July 4, 2022 2:32 AM

Isn't it, "I've seen marshmallows sharper than Ron Johnson."?

by Anonymousreply 160July 4, 2022 4:43 AM

Sharp as the leading edge of a basketball.

by Anonymousreply 161July 4, 2022 8:15 AM

Ron Johnson is another one that needs to be behind bars when all this is over

by Anonymousreply 162July 4, 2022 9:51 AM

Adam K. tells it like it is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 4, 2022 12:56 PM

What’s up with all the shoot outs to Kristi Noem?

by Anonymousreply 164July 4, 2022 1:02 PM

Shout outs

by Anonymousreply 165July 4, 2022 1:30 PM

Noem is a Christofascist who yearns for Trump demon semen.

by Anonymousreply 166July 4, 2022 1:36 PM

I was perfectly fine with the error ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 167July 4, 2022 1:38 PM

R165 Cheney is trying to set her up as a successor. Cheney is dead to the party but she can still get some power through a successful protegée.

by Anonymousreply 168July 4, 2022 2:15 PM

They aren’t complementary R168

by Anonymousreply 169July 4, 2022 2:17 PM

Noem is being a weirdo about abortion access. She believes a 10 yo rape victim who is impregnated by the rapist has to carry the pregnancy to term.

by Anonymousreply 170July 4, 2022 2:24 PM

Quiet, sober, chock full of facts and data, presented very clearly.

Can you IMAGINE dropping Gym Jordan or any of the other Trumpistas into this committee? They'd be shrieking hysterical nonsense about Hunter Biden's laptop at 240 decibels.

by Anonymousreply 171July 4, 2022 2:36 PM

Exactly R171! Thank Keven for pulling out his committee choices, leaving Liz and Adam to represent the Republican Party, making it still a bipartisan committee with out the hysterics and distractions.

by Anonymousreply 172July 4, 2022 2:43 PM

Yes. A (rare) stupid misstep by the Pukes! I believe it was such a hot potato that they didn’t know WTF to do at the time. In the end, they made the WRONG bet and fucked themselves up big time.

by Anonymousreply 173July 4, 2022 2:48 PM

chimps flinging poop at one another, r171.

by Anonymousreply 174July 4, 2022 4:17 PM

R171. Already BLOCKED!

BLOCK PARTY!

by Anonymousreply 175July 4, 2022 4:19 PM

r175

by Anonymousreply 176July 4, 2022 5:25 PM

[quote]Yes. A (rare) stupid misstep by the Pukes! I believe it was such a hot potato that they didn’t know WTF to do at the time. In the end, they made the WRONG bet and fucked themselves up big time.

I think they - as did most people - think the dems would turn this whole thing into a self-aggrandizing shit show, but they've displayed rare discipline & unity, though the cooperation of Big Liz & Adam was key.

by Anonymousreply 177July 4, 2022 5:42 PM

I find it bizarre that high level Republicans can commit obvious, multiple crimes ON CAMERA and yet it takes months and months for anyone to be held accountable. And we're still waiting. The wheels of justice turn so slowly then don't seem to turn at all. Meanwhile, the newly stolen, Ultra Conservative Supreme Court is churning out disastrous rulings every other day. If Obama had committed Trump's crimes, he would have been executed the next day.

by Anonymousreply 178July 4, 2022 5:52 PM

[quote]I think they - as did most people - think the dems would turn this whole thing into a self-aggrandizing shit show

"most people", r177?

by Anonymousreply 179July 4, 2022 5:56 PM

R179 Basically everyone, including the people too loyal to openly admit it. We are two impeachments in at this point.

by Anonymousreply 180July 4, 2022 6:02 PM

You felt the two impeachments were shit shows because the Democrats were being self-aggrandizing, r180?

by Anonymousreply 181July 4, 2022 6:05 PM

Here's Sen Johnson being called out pfetending to be on the phone ala Paris Hilton style

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 4, 2022 6:24 PM

Yes we know, r182, that was two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 183July 4, 2022 6:29 PM

R181 Yes. That is the commonly held opinion among the general population.

by Anonymousreply 184July 4, 2022 6:35 PM

General population of what country R184?

by Anonymousreply 185July 4, 2022 7:00 PM

Well, r185/ElderLez, at least they're blatant in their trolling.

by Anonymousreply 186July 4, 2022 7:18 PM

R185 Everywhere but the NYC and D.C. suburbs, apparently. They're a nation unto themselves.

by Anonymousreply 187July 4, 2022 7:43 PM

[quote]Yes. That is the commonly held opinion among the general population

Link to your survey/poll, r184?

by Anonymousreply 188July 4, 2022 7:50 PM

I do agree that these hearing are much better produced for television than the impeachment hearings were.

by Anonymousreply 189July 4, 2022 7:53 PM

What a mess they all are….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 5, 2022 12:22 AM

r189, the Impeachment hearings were HS Debates pushed out through C-Span.

The 1/6 Hearings are a full-blown reality show.

by Anonymousreply 191July 5, 2022 12:40 AM

If Republicans had consciences, the impeachments would have succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 192July 5, 2022 12:54 AM

R191, people are going to expect this level of polish and narrative smoothness all the time. That’s not very reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 193July 5, 2022 1:15 AM

You mean next time we have a Congressional investigation into an attempted coup? I don't think (fingers crossed) there will be many with as much at stake as this one. They can go back to the humdrum, C-SPAN-level presentations for the lesser problems and I'm sure we'll all adjust.

by Anonymousreply 194July 5, 2022 1:43 AM

A volent White Supremacist takeover of the United States almost worked, but at least we got The Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 195July 5, 2022 1:46 AM

[quote]the Impeachment hearings were HS Debates pushed out through C-Span.

Only on one side, r191. If you recall, they wouldn't even allow witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 196July 5, 2022 1:57 AM

The impeachment hearings were clearly a flop among the trollfarms of Irkutsk.

by Anonymousreply 197July 5, 2022 2:02 AM

From Twitter:

Happy 4th to everyone not pleading the 5th about the 6th.

by Anonymousreply 198July 5, 2022 2:27 AM

[quote]The 1/6 Hearings are a full-blown reality show.

To be fair, the 1/6 hearings have tons of compelling video, a narrative & timeline & crazy people that even reality TV couldn't dream up. The impeachment hearings tried to piece together complex information to a public only partially (and that's generous) paying attention while one side was going to vote no no matter what was revealed. Even if they failed, the dems had to do it.

I know it's against the DL way to be hopeful, but I've seen some recent tweets about there's more going on than meets with eye with DOJ's investigation into the whole electors scheme. I've had my hopes up so many times I don't even want to think in those terms, but wouldn't it be awesome if Trump & Co. is brought down not necessarily by the big accusations, but the smaller, petty fraud that's easier to prove. Whatever the case, I'll take it.

by Anonymousreply 199July 5, 2022 3:59 PM

Twitter is reporting Cippillone is up tomorrow. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 200July 5, 2022 4:07 PM

Link, R200?

by Anonymousreply 201July 5, 2022 4:24 PM

just a random account I follow, unconfirmed

by Anonymousreply 202July 5, 2022 4:27 PM

They did subpoena him last week, but I doubt his first interview would be on TV?

by Anonymousreply 203July 5, 2022 4:28 PM

[QUOTE] just a random account I follow, unconfirmed

That’s not quite how you presented the news in your first post.

by Anonymousreply 204July 5, 2022 4:37 PM

wtf.

by Anonymousreply 205July 5, 2022 4:38 PM

Adam K. shares some of the voice messages he gets from the MAGA crowd:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 5, 2022 4:41 PM

I think this Bausman guy will be found to have much greater involvement than revealed in this article, particularly with Flynn.

The story even mentions Moonie gun cult involvement in J6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 5, 2022 4:42 PM

This is quoted from the r/CapitolConsequences thread discussion of the link at r207:

At the risk of undercutting the depraved, dangerous, shittiness of charles bausman, here are some excerpts from an article cited in the NYT piece.

He is another 1/6er that is explicitly antisemitic and dreams of “hot sticky red blood” being spilled for white supremacy. These are not fringes. This is active coordination to include the deluded “ patriot front” shitheads marching through boston yesterday.

“They’re trying to create a populist radical right party in the United States that’s more hard line than the Republican framework,” Ross said. “I think they’re doing Lancaster because they’re trying to cultivate a rural following, because that’s effectively what (Prime Minister Victor) Orban did in Hungary … get a diehard following in rural areas and use that to subvert the liberalism of the urban core and then single handedly dismantle the institutions of liberal democracy.”

They also appear to be connected to Thomas Rousseau, the leader of the white nationalist group Patriot Front, who has been keeping a low profile for the past few years but was seen in a video of the party’s meeting on July 24.

“So if they have the ear of these active clubs and the ear of Patriot Front, that’s some of the most active groups,” Hill said. “It makes them have more influence.”

“I think what they really want to do is promote a law-and-order framework that assembles around antisemitism in order to then force the Republican Party to embrace open antisemitism as well, or at least to kind of move toward the antisemitic framework.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 5, 2022 4:49 PM

MSM quickly picking up the filth at R206:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 5, 2022 5:35 PM

[quote]MSM quickly picking up the filth at [R206]:

Those red-blooded 'Muricans seem awfully preoccupied with cock sucking.

by Anonymousreply 210July 5, 2022 8:22 PM

Are you Liz Cheney's fag hag (from R206)?

Not the brightest bulbs are they?

by Anonymousreply 211July 5, 2022 8:44 PM

[quote]wtf.

Could you be a bit more specific dear?

by Anonymousreply 212July 5, 2022 8:55 PM

Just in: Jan. 6 committee confirms next hearing to take place on July 12 at 10a ET

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 5, 2022 9:09 PM

[quote] We don’t officially know the topic of this one but we’ve been anticipating a Rep. Raskin-led hearing on the nexus between groups like the Proud Boys/Oath Keepers and people in Donald Trump’s orbit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 5, 2022 9:39 PM

Why can't these be on primetime? I dvr, but notany people will bother

by Anonymousreply 215July 5, 2022 10:39 PM

Work nights, R215?? Please.

by Anonymousreply 216July 5, 2022 10:41 PM

No one on Fox works. They put out and get "jobs."

by Anonymousreply 217July 5, 2022 10:45 PM

[quote]Just in: Jan. 6 committee confirms next hearing to take place on July 12 at 10a ET

Miss Cassidy is going to be a tough act to follow, so I hope they've got something good lined up. The 1/6 Committee now has everyone's attention so they need to deliver more Secret Service slapping, gun toting, hamburger throwing craziness!

by Anonymousreply 218July 5, 2022 11:26 PM

[quote]Those red-blooded 'Muricans seem awfully preoccupied with cock sucking.

This is a rhetorical question of course, but I hate Ted Cruz & Lady G with the heat of a thousand suns, but if I saw them in public, I'm just blow them off. Like it's not worth my time to bother with either of them. What on craziness possesses someone to call an elected official and not just make threats to them but their family? The level of free floating hatred out there is just off the charts

by Anonymousreply 219July 5, 2022 11:30 PM

[quote]Miss Cassidy is going to be a tough act to follow, so I hope they've got something good lined up

I believe they have the Kessler Twins and Senor Wences lined up so far, r218.

by Anonymousreply 220July 5, 2022 11:32 PM

Hope Hicks?

by Anonymousreply 221July 5, 2022 11:43 PM

I believe the general topic next week is Trumpito's connections to the Proud boys.

by Anonymousreply 222July 5, 2022 11:45 PM

Only if one of the Kessler Twins drops out, r221.

by Anonymousreply 223July 5, 2022 11:45 PM

I believe that is correct, r222.

by Anonymousreply 224July 5, 2022 11:46 PM

How about Ginni Thomas coordinating the PBs, OKs and the 3%ers with Trump's blessing.

by Anonymousreply 225July 5, 2022 11:51 PM

R221 she goes by Hore on DL

by Anonymousreply 226July 5, 2022 11:58 PM

I just love that there's a tip line with the hearings. Since the committee plans to pass along their information to DOJ there's an actual way for people to get their little scraps of information to the proper authorities. Now I've got no tips about January 6th, but I remember being so frustrated that there wasn't an obvious way to pass along my randon White House CFO information when the Mueller Report was being prepared. (It was before I was all bff with the FBI obviously, but I don't think I would have felt comfortable passing it along to them anyway.)

by Anonymousreply 227July 6, 2022 12:23 AM

random (I do mean random,) not randon

by Anonymousreply 228July 6, 2022 12:25 AM

HOWEVER...

We cannot, and must not forget who Liz is at heart. She talks out of both sides of her neck. This is a recent video...not something dredged up from the Before Times.

Appreciate her for what she's doing against Trump but don't let her do the same to the rest of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229July 6, 2022 12:32 AM

The committee says the phone is ringing off the hook after the last hearing.

by Anonymousreply 230July 6, 2022 12:50 AM

Was out of internet range for the long July Fourth weekend. Came home yesterday evening and scoured the web for any signs that anyone had debunked ANYTHING said by Ms. Hutchinson since last week. There's nothing there, nothing but some more fucking grumbling. That's mighty notable, considering the implications of what she said, and that Trumpistas were buzzing like a whacked hornets' nest before Friday about what a goddamned liar she is... I'm completely convinced now that her statements were 100% accurate. If it were otherwise, we would have that side of the story by now.

by Anonymousreply 231July 6, 2022 1:03 AM

There was the squabbling about the minute details of the dustup in the presidential car. The fact that there was interest only in that specific portion of the hearing proved that everything was truthful.

by Anonymousreply 232July 6, 2022 1:06 AM

I'm loving missy Le Senatrice is being called upon by not a gentleman but the State of Georgia. That's why you don't go shaking your ass where it don't belong you hussy!

by Anonymousreply 233July 6, 2022 1:11 AM

Slightly OT, but I feel like the message of "defending democracy" isn't resonating like it should. I wish our leaders would quit it with the pretentious words and arguments. We're trying to save our country, our history, everything that America has been and should be. Talk at your constituent's level, for god's sake.

by Anonymousreply 234July 6, 2022 1:19 AM

Yeah R234, I agree. like "the big lie" -- that sticks

by Anonymousreply 235July 6, 2022 1:36 AM

Yes, it's not the Committee, but Rudy Giuliani and Lindsey Graham have both been subpoena'd today by the Grand Jury in Fulton Co. in Atlanta about Trump's phone call to the Secy of State to *extort* the manufacture of fake votes. If they don't appear, they will be arrested and jailed until they comply. There is NO attorney/client privilege protection where the commission of a crime is at issue, and the phone call itself is the criminal act, ample evidence of the commission of a criminal attempt. Graham has NO claim of privilege (Senatorial immunity??? LOL!!!). Lindsey is going to end up looking like an utter buffoon, if nothing else. I expect Giuliani is going to turn on T, who dumped him and stiffed him about his attorney's fees. Giuliani can bluster as much as he wants but he is facing CERTAIN financial ruin because of what he has done for Trump, and he knows he's the laughingstock of the whole country. I bet they have to change Shitler's Depends at least 3 times a day nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 236July 6, 2022 1:41 AM

Dump was recorded screaming about needing to find a very specific number of votes, eleven thousand and one. A suspiciously small number of votes.

by Anonymousreply 237July 6, 2022 1:46 AM

[quote]Lindsey is going to end up looking like an utter buffoon

I think that Carnival cruise sailed a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 238July 6, 2022 1:48 AM

January 6th Committee

NEXT HEARING: Tuesday, July 12th at 10:00am ET

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 6, 2022 1:49 AM

[quote]Yes, it's not the Committee, but Rudy Giuliani and Lindsey Graham have both been subpoena'd today by the Grand Jury in Fulton Co. in Atlanta about Trump's phone call to the Secy of State to *extort* the manufacture of fake votes. If they don't appear, they will be arrested and jailed until they comply.

This is just so delicious, it must be fattening!

by Anonymousreply 240July 6, 2022 9:43 AM

[quote]Uh oh, Lindsey Graham! You fly a little bit too close to the sun while you were busy fanning Donald Trump's grundle, maybe perhaps?

[quote]Lindsey Graham and the others did not receive these subpoenas on the 4th of July, like as some sort of gag gift from the criminal justice system. They were filed today. Dunno who's gotten theirs and who hasn't or if Lindsey Graham or Rudy or Eastman are currently hiding under their covers with their butts in the air loudly shouting "YOU CAN'T SEE ME!" at innocent process servers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241July 6, 2022 10:36 AM

[quote]I believe the general topic next week is Trumpito's connections to the Proud boys.

I want to know who funds the Proud Boys on all their little field trips. I hope they address that as well

by Anonymousreply 242July 6, 2022 12:22 PM

The Brooks Brothers riot was a demonstration at a meeting of election canvassers in Miami-Dade County, Florida, on November 22, 2000, during a recount of votes made during the 2000 United States presidential election, with the goal of shutting down the recount. After demonstrations and acts of violence, local officials shut down the recount early.

The name referenced the protesters' corporate attire; described by Paul Gigot in an editorial for The Wall Street Journal as "50-year-old white lawyers with cell phones and Hermès ties," differentiating them from local citizens concerned about vote counting.Many of the demonstrators were Republican staffers.

Both Roger Stone and Brad Blakeman take credit for managing the riot from a command post, although their accounts contradict each other.

Republican New York Representative John E. Sweeney gave the signal that started the riot, telling an aide to "shut it down".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 6, 2022 12:33 PM

In the 2000 United States presidential election between candidates George W. Bush and Al Gore, in the state of Florida, George W. Bush achieved an election night majority by 1,784 votes, a very close margin.

Due to the closeness of the race, and irregularities such as hanging chads, the Gore campaign successfully advocated for a re-count of certain ballots. Miami-Dade County was one of the counties where ballots were re-counted.

The Miami-Dade County Democratic Party chairman suspected that thousands of ballots in this county might have been affected by a voting machine glitch. He suspected that these ballots, after re-tallying, would help candidate Al Gore.

Miami-Dade County official canvassers, in order to meet a court-ordered deadline, decided to limit the county's recount to the 10,750 ballots that their tabulation machines had been unable to tally.

They moved the counting process to a smaller room, closer to the ballot-scanning equipment, to speed up the process, at a distance from the media. Republican officials objected to this change.

by Anonymousreply 244July 6, 2022 12:51 PM

1. Hmmm. So this is old hat for The Smarmy Roger.

2. Seriously, what hold does Trump have over Lindsey?

We know Lindsey “flipped” to Trump’s side after a private meeting during a round of golf. We know he flipped back to sanity immediately after the Capitol siege; and then re-flipped to Trump 48 hours later.

Lindsey is not a stupid person (note- unlike Trump, who blatantly asked for 11,000+ illegal votes to be “found,” Miz L just “inquired” (albeit multiple times) as to whether blocks of mostly Black votes were legitimately countable: obviously [italic] attempting [/italic] to dance on the edge of legality).

Whatever it is he’s afraid of coming out (and who procured the dirt anyway?) it’s really going to be interesting to see whether Lindsey risks the sordid details being disgorged versus engaging in perjury versus risking jail time (for any one of multiple reasons)

by Anonymousreply 245July 6, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote]Dump was recorded screaming about needing to find a very specific number of votes, eleven thousand and one. A suspiciously small number of votes.

And this should've been universally condemned as an overt election fraud perpetrated by a sitting president.

Instead, we have one party that said, that's ok, nothing to see here, and a DoJ that hasn't brought charges.

by Anonymousreply 246July 6, 2022 1:19 PM

Rudy may get his John Proctor moment yet! I will be tuning in if so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 6, 2022 1:30 PM

I also anticipate that he will come up with bizarre and hilarious jibes to throw at Liz Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 248July 6, 2022 1:31 PM

[QUOTE] Seriously, what hold does Trump have over Lindsey?

Pics and/or video of Lindsey getting railed by BBC. That’s always been the scuttlebutt on the street here.

by Anonymousreply 249July 6, 2022 1:32 PM

I always assumed Lindsey was the scuttlebutt on the street there.

by Anonymousreply 250July 6, 2022 1:35 PM

Lindsey doesn't have to be blackmailed into being a craven, cowardly, spineless politician.

It's just who he is.

by Anonymousreply 251July 6, 2022 1:35 PM

No, R251. Something very specific was shown or related to Lindz (via Trump) during their golf outing that one day which R245 referred to.

It was very obvious because he completely flipped after the game.

by Anonymousreply 252July 6, 2022 1:37 PM

*relayed

by Anonymousreply 253July 6, 2022 1:42 PM

You may be right about dirt on Lady G, but she has a proven track record of attaching herself to whoever the Alpha dog is & doing their bidding. I think she relishes the access to power & will do anything to stay close to it.

As far as Rudy's name, he already sold that to god knows who (the flipflop company are just getting sloppy seconds) and if he ever had a soul, that's long gone too.

I need to re-watch The Crucible. That play suits DLL's inherent tendency towards being hammy (but I was distracted by the gross teeth. Yuck!)

by Anonymousreply 254July 6, 2022 2:02 PM

pukes chose party over country, Dims dont.

by Anonymousreply 255July 6, 2022 2:05 PM

r245.

Precisely, they have done this before successfully.

In 2000 and 2016.

That is why Dump was frantically calling and screaming to "find" a suspiciously specific and small number of votes.

Even the language is a clue

we don't find votes in the us, we count votes.

by Anonymousreply 256July 6, 2022 2:10 PM

WSJ: Pat Cipollone, Donald Trump’s former White House counsel, faces a Wednesday deadline to give sworn testimony before the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

The committee issued a subpoena to Mr. Cipollone late last month, setting July 6 as the date for him to appear for a deposition.

Mr. Cipollone didn’t immediately respond to questions Tuesday about his response to the subpoena or whether he planned to claim that certain interactions with Mr. Trump are protected by privilege as White House counsel.

by Anonymousreply 257July 6, 2022 2:42 PM

"We have interviewed thousands of witnesses, we have received tens of thousands of documents… we are putting together this picture whether they chose to be a patriot... or not."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258July 6, 2022 2:50 PM

[quote]After receiving a subpoena, former White House counsel Pat Cipollone will sit for a transcribed interview with J6 committee on Friday, per person familiar. First reported by @maggieNYT .

It's on! He's going to testify!

by Anonymousreply 259July 6, 2022 2:59 PM

Transcribed???

Does that mean it won’t be aurally/visually recorded??

Does THAT mean he’s afraid of DJT seeing his face and wants the ability to try to weasel out of whatever embarrassing facts are “transcribed” as “inaccurate” after the fact?

by Anonymousreply 260July 6, 2022 3:10 PM

What a PUSSY.

by Anonymousreply 261July 6, 2022 3:16 PM

No answer is an answer.

As you can see when Mike Flynn takes the fifth after being asked if he believes in a peaceful transition of power.

by Anonymousreply 262July 6, 2022 3:20 PM

I don’t see how he can plead attorney/client privilege, he works for us. And I honestly don’t see him pleading the fifth, he was one of the few who apparently had some common sense.

by Anonymousreply 263July 6, 2022 3:27 PM

11780 and one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264July 6, 2022 3:30 PM

R261, I agree that he’s worried about the visual image of his testimony, but he won’t be able to weasel out if what he said. Trump, who has been deposed a million times, knows how the process works: you can’t belatedly claim that you were “mistranscribed.” For one thing, the transcription process is mostly mechanical.

by Anonymousreply 265July 6, 2022 3:41 PM

Cipollone was not and is not the President's attorney. His salary was paid by US taxpayers, he was a GOVERNMENT attorney, who worked for the United States Government. There is NO attorney/client privilege to shield this right-wing asshole from having to answer EVERY question put to him by the US Congress. If he dithers, JAIL. CONTEMPT.

by Anonymousreply 266July 6, 2022 3:45 PM

I'm sure the phrase "transcribed" means stenographic rather than video'd. Stenographic depositions are almost always tape recorded by the stenographer, who is also repeating what is said into a separate microphone, so that the words can be taped out later and checked against the deponent's spoken testimony. Deponents are ALWAYS given a printed transcription to review and criticize, if they believe their words were miss-typed, before the document is allowed to be used in legal proceedings. Sometimes the deponent and his or her lawyer just waive signing the transcript, but in any case, if no action is taken in, say, 30 days, it is deemed that the transcript is accurate. Donald Trump can't read, and CERTAINLY doesn't do it. For him to have claimed that his words were mistranscribed in a deposition is the height of comedy. Utter BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 267July 6, 2022 3:52 PM

^"typed out later", not "taped"...

by Anonymousreply 268July 6, 2022 3:53 PM

Transcribed and video taped.

by Anonymousreply 269July 6, 2022 4:21 PM

None of the in-person witnesses were speaking to committee for the first time as part of the televised hearings. They had all been all deposed/interviewed earlier. PC may or not make a live appearance later.

Which leads me to wonder with all the additional people coming forward, are they going to increase the number of hearings, increase the length of the hearings or maybe tell some people lined up to speak that they aren’t needed any more?

by Anonymousreply 270July 6, 2022 4:36 PM

The Merrick Garland Treason thread is not loading for me and basically breaking down my phone every time I try to post in it.

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 271July 6, 2022 4:47 PM

Me too R272

by Anonymousreply 272July 6, 2022 4:55 PM

R272

by Anonymousreply 273July 6, 2022 4:55 PM

Oy R271

by Anonymousreply 274July 6, 2022 4:56 PM

Is Muriel on vacaycay this week? Gone back to the Betty Ford Clinic? What?

by Anonymousreply 275July 6, 2022 5:17 PM

Birds of a feather...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276July 6, 2022 5:21 PM

Contempt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277July 6, 2022 5:22 PM

It’s incredibly annoying, r271. Can someone make a new thread? It doesn’t need to be snazzy, just working.

by Anonymousreply 278July 6, 2022 5:23 PM

R278, here is a link to the new Treason thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279July 6, 2022 5:24 PM

*That's* a Treason thread, r279?

by Anonymousreply 280July 6, 2022 5:37 PM

The previous Treason thread (titled “Merrick Garland says he’s watching…”) was wonky and not accessible so someone started a new one where people can actually post.

So, what exactly are you even saying, R280?

by Anonymousreply 281July 6, 2022 5:44 PM

There should be a Treason thread #54, r281. They started when the Mueller Investigation began. Not only do you not have Treason in the title, you've gone from #53 to #2.

by Anonymousreply 282July 6, 2022 5:49 PM

[QUOTE] There should be a Treason thread #54, [R281]. They started when the Mueller Investigation began. Not only do you not have Treason in the title, you've gone from #53 to #2.

I didn’t create the new thread, R280. I was simply explaining to you (because apparently you can’t read) why it had been created in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 283July 6, 2022 5:58 PM

I’m arguing with a local Republican on Facebook. He just informed me that democratic leadership set up the whole Jan 6 thing. So Nancy planned her own execution. Okay!

by Anonymousreply 284July 6, 2022 6:04 PM

so he admits J6 is a crime, r284

by Anonymousreply 285July 6, 2022 6:08 PM

But it’s the Dems’ crime! I actually thought that shaman guy was actually Chuck Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 286July 6, 2022 6:10 PM

Lady G is challenging her subpoena and accuses the DA of working in concert with the J6 committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287July 6, 2022 6:20 PM

Well isn't she just a Trumpy little thing

by Anonymousreply 288July 6, 2022 6:21 PM

I can't find a U.S. source on this yet, but I swear I just heard this on MSNBC: Cipollone's testimony will be on camera. Not live, it will be conducted behind closed doors, but the footage will be there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 6, 2022 10:18 PM

Gross, I forgot about that troll Trump lawyer sitting next to Cipollone in the pic accompanying R289’s article. Jay Seckulow or something. He was a real piece of shit and was constantly featured on news programs during the Trump Plague Years.

by Anonymousreply 290July 6, 2022 11:06 PM

Pat Cipollone is hot.

by Anonymousreply 291July 7, 2022 1:33 PM

I agree, R291. Cipollone is a hot daddy, and very virile.

by Anonymousreply 292July 7, 2022 1:38 PM

Do you think we’ll see at least a snippet of Cipollone’s testimony next Tuesday?

by Anonymousreply 293July 7, 2022 1:49 PM

R293, his testimony is not the snippet I want to see...

by Anonymousreply 294July 7, 2022 2:02 PM

[quote] JUST IN: The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection will hold a hearing on Thursday, July 14, in prime time, according to a source familiar with the committee’s work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 7, 2022 5:38 PM

Wow, must be something big to reveal in prime time, especially as it follows the daytime hearing on the 12th.

by Anonymousreply 296July 7, 2022 5:40 PM

This is prime time viewing.

And I don't have to take off from work to watch!

by Anonymousreply 297July 7, 2022 5:43 PM

If they've got primetime, it's going to be a doozy! I can't wait. I need to make sure I've got enough booze!

by Anonymousreply 298July 7, 2022 5:53 PM

Generic ballot polls released today:

Dem +3 (likely voters)

Dem +6 (registered voters)

by Anonymousreply 299July 7, 2022 8:51 PM

R299, subtract 10 from those numbers to account for Dems who are too lazy to get off their asses to vote.

by Anonymousreply 300July 8, 2022 12:30 AM

Cipollone isn't testifying because it's the right thing to do. It's obvious that the establishment Republicans are trying to get rid of the Trump influence. They now feel emboldened to do so because of the work of mostly Democrats and two Republicans. They probably gave Pat the go-ahead to help take him down for good so they weaken him even further.

by Anonymousreply 301July 8, 2022 2:16 AM

We'll see what he says first, R301. Maybe he'll declare executive privilege in answer to every question. He doesn't have privilege but it will take the courts about a year and a half to decide that while the Repugs take over Congress.

by Anonymousreply 302July 8, 2022 2:26 AM

Pat Cipollone finally agrees to testify to J6 committee about about the crimes of Donald Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 8, 2022 2:31 AM

[quote] Cipollone is a hot daddy, and very virile.

Until Liz Cheney removes his balls.

by Anonymousreply 304July 8, 2022 2:37 AM

I'm picturing Liz with a giant purse filled with the balls of conquered foes. Or, maybe she has a shrine-like display set up in her Congressional office.

by Anonymousreply 305July 8, 2022 2:46 AM

You do not fuck with a Cheney. Those bitches will cut a bitch and then sauté them to feed to another bitch.

by Anonymousreply 306July 8, 2022 2:49 AM

This is a woman who threw her own sister under the bus, so she has no reason to be nice to any of these people who enabled Trump

by Anonymousreply 307July 8, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote]Cipollone isn't testifying because it's the right thing to do. It's obvious that the establishment Republicans are trying to get rid of the Trump influence.

True, though taking Trump down also means taking a lot of other people with him who were complicit in his crimes. There is no way he does down without pulling everyone else down with him and while maybe that cleansing helps them in the long term, in the short term its going to be ugly & painful

by Anonymousreply 308July 8, 2022 10:13 AM

[quote]in the short term its going to be ugly & painful

I'm good with that.

To be fair, the republicans are already ugly.

by Anonymousreply 309July 8, 2022 10:24 AM

Ladybugs tried….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310July 8, 2022 10:46 AM

Like Don McGahn before him, Cippllone is looking at his future. He will do what he needs to do to stay viable. He probably wants to be a judge or get fat at some high powered law firm. So he has to be careful.

by Anonymousreply 311July 8, 2022 2:53 PM

R311, he could get a job right now at a white shoe law firm. Tons of DOJ/Trump-era attorneys who enabled that orange fuck are now at white shoe law firms.

by Anonymousreply 312July 8, 2022 2:57 PM

Here is arriving:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 8, 2022 3:03 PM

Here HE* is arriving

by Anonymousreply 314July 8, 2022 3:03 PM

I never saw this picture of Clarke when they had him outside of his house. I pictured him in pjs. Was he in his jockeys? 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315July 8, 2022 3:26 PM

LOL^

by Anonymousreply 316July 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Is Kinzy present?

by Anonymousreply 317July 8, 2022 3:29 PM

I’m calling him Patsy Baloney, as seen in the auto-transcribed closed captions on my TV.

by Anonymousreply 318July 8, 2022 3:30 PM

R315, I'm assuming that was a purely rhetorical question? If you can't tell a pair of jockey shorts from boxers, it's time to admit defeat and hand back your gay card right this instant. Muriel!!

by Anonymousreply 319July 8, 2022 4:33 PM

r318, ha! I missed that 1

by Anonymousreply 320July 8, 2022 4:38 PM

And Patsy Baloney he is forthwith known, r318!

by Anonymousreply 321July 8, 2022 4:51 PM

[quote]I’m calling him Patsy Baloney, as seen in the auto-transcribed closed captions on my TV.

That’s hilarious, r318! It’s like something from Rocky and Bullwinkle

by Anonymousreply 322July 8, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote] I’m calling him Patsy Baloney

Sounds like a mobster.

by Anonymousreply 323July 8, 2022 4:55 PM

R291 - “ Pat Cipollone is hot.”

Pat Cipollone is NOT hot.

Fixed it for you, and all of us, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 324July 8, 2022 4:59 PM

R319, a lot of men get to a certain age and their legs are much thinner, so jockeys look like boxers on some of them. I've seen it first hand, that's why I couldn't tell.

by Anonymousreply 325July 8, 2022 5:50 PM

What's the difference between boxers and Jockey shorts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326July 8, 2022 5:54 PM

Is it really pronounced "Sipollone"? I always said "Chipollone" to myself, not having heard or seen broadcast news in a very long time. (I read it online.) I would never have known but for "Patsy Baloney"--which, btw, I typed as"Pasty Baloney"

by Anonymousreply 327July 8, 2022 7:23 PM

^ typed it that way at first before correcting

by Anonymousreply 328July 8, 2022 7:23 PM

I betcha he *doesn't* pronounce it correctly, the Italian way, to make it sound more WASPY, and less "guido." I'm certain that's the kind of guy he is.

by Anonymousreply 329July 8, 2022 11:54 PM

Sipollone in Godfather pronunciation.

Chipollonay in regular Italian pronunciation.

Sipollonee in some half-assed Italian American.

by Anonymousreply 330July 9, 2022 12:01 AM

He will ponounce it Sip- alone. Alone. No "ee"and no "ch" Sip-A-lone.

by Anonymousreply 331July 9, 2022 3:05 AM

Nope, it's Patsy Baloney from here on out.

by Anonymousreply 332July 9, 2022 3:37 AM

So, according to reports and broadcasts I've been hearing on MSNBC, Cipollone isn't contradicting what Hutchinson had to say, although the questions have been tailored to his perspective rather than her testimony. On the broadcast, Zoe Lofgren--who is helping lead the hearings--was pretty pleased with what they have learned.

When Hutchinson testimony came out last week, it felt like a turning point. I still feel that way. I do feel like this is now going somewhere. I haven't felt that justice would be served against Trump for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333July 9, 2022 4:38 AM

I love every single one of you. I mean it. If I have to go down on this sinking ship, there is no one else I would share the ride with than you.

by Anonymousreply 334July 9, 2022 4:46 AM

DL needs Adam K questioning and shirtless. Why is the committee being coy?

by Anonymousreply 335July 9, 2022 5:10 AM

R335, I've been thinking that, too. They will draw even bigger ratings.

by Anonymousreply 336July 9, 2022 6:32 AM

[quote]When Hutchinson testimony came out last week, it felt like a turning point. I still feel that way. I do feel like this is now going somewhere. I haven't felt that justice would be served against Trump for years.

I feel that way too; I figured that Trump's associates would go down in some form (though not Rudy. That guy is a cockroach), but not Trump. Now, it feels like the testimony is making it such that DOJ has no choice but to charge Trump. It also seems like there's a turning point with the key figures, who now want to jump on the bus to get their testimony out there & tell their side of the story rather than go down with Trump. Eastman, for example, has been awfully quiet & dropped his legal bid to withhold his texts. I wonder if he's cooperating to give them want they want (Big Ginni) as a way to at least partially save himself.

by Anonymousreply 337July 9, 2022 9:49 AM

Uh- hrmmm…not with Merrick Garfinkle Garland as AG. The J6C is for all intents and purposes jumping in and doing the DOJs job. The DOJ is being schooled by this newly impaneled committee and how to do an investigation. And the Extreme Court is doing the Congress’ job and creating new legislation from whole Christian cloth. If Garfinkle has any option to NOT charge Trump, he’ll choose that.

Get it right!

by Anonymousreply 338July 9, 2022 10:31 AM

No one before Cassidy Hutchinson, actually put us "in the room where it happened" in quite the same way. That's why it was so impactful. I felt like I was there in the WH. While a fucking insurrection was happening. And I hope to God, Patsy Baloney can do likewise. This next set of hearings will offer the coup de grace: They will be connecting Trump to the Oathkeepers and the Proud Boys...and they will be going after Stone...and hopefully Michael Flynn. Meadows is going down too.

by Anonymousreply 339July 9, 2022 1:02 PM

Patsy Baloney is the new Brendad Ickson.

by Anonymousreply 340July 9, 2022 1:50 PM

Lord knows a new one was needed r340.

by Anonymousreply 341July 9, 2022 1:51 PM

I'm trying to think of a Chicken Little scenario wherein continuing the hearings into August is bad news...but I can't come up with anything.

[quote] (with) more GOPers coming forward & more expected to come forward, hearings could potentially continue into August & beyond as investigators accumulate more evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342July 9, 2022 2:51 PM

I had no expectations for the last hearing. I assumed the testimony was going to be from a braindead intern but it turns out that hearing was the most compelling.

Right from the beginning when the witness described Rudy Giuliani turning to her to ask, " Are you excited about J6"? ( He asked that question on J2!) until the end when Cheney warned witnesses intimidation is the real way to get fucked up, permanently.

that hearing has opened the floodgates and the committee has more people than ever who now remember details of that time.

by Anonymousreply 343July 9, 2022 3:00 PM

I agree this is “normal” Republicans trying to bury an embarrassment. But Cipollone went to work in Trump’s WH. What does that say about his character? I don’t buy that face-saving bs that they (Tillerson, Mattis, Kelly) all say, “we wanted to prevent even worse things from happening”

Don’t forget that big Repub lawyer who testified on Day 2 or 3—the one who spoke…so…slowly—said he would vote for Trump again and ended his testimony with some religious crap (which Cheney repeated).

Anyway, all this does is clear the way for full-on fascist DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 344July 9, 2022 3:33 PM

R344, my favorites are the scumbags who think they're "Team Normal." You literally left at the 59min, 59 sec mark - and you think you're normal? Meanwhile, that scum Stepien is currently being paid to work with a MAGAt election denier to unseat Cheney. Oh, yeah, you're so "normal."

No one who willing enabled the Trump admin is "normal." he was garbage long before he became president and he only got worse when given power.

by Anonymousreply 345July 9, 2022 3:38 PM

willingly*

by Anonymousreply 346July 9, 2022 3:39 PM

Lol — Patsy Baloney is catching on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347July 9, 2022 4:42 PM

Indeed...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348July 9, 2022 4:46 PM

My favourite Liz Cheney moment was in the testimony footage with Flynn when his lawyer said, "Do you mean that in a legal or moral sense?" And without missing a beat, La Cheney said, "BOTH."

by Anonymousreply 349July 9, 2022 4:53 PM

No one likes Liz Cheney, including the bullshitters on this thread feigning to luv luv luv her! 😘

by Anonymousreply 350July 9, 2022 5:22 PM

Oh, I don't love Liz Cheney but she is formidable, esp. when people think they're being clever.

by Anonymousreply 351July 9, 2022 5:25 PM

I'm concerned no one has pointed out yet that Pat's name means "Big Onions" in Italian. Feel free to make use of that.

by Anonymousreply 352July 9, 2022 5:27 PM

Liz has more balls than all of the Dems put together.

by Anonymousreply 353July 9, 2022 5:27 PM

Brings tears to my eyes, r352.

by Anonymousreply 354July 9, 2022 5:45 PM

Bullshit, r353.

by Anonymousreply 355July 9, 2022 5:46 PM

Hutchinson's testimony had that kind of "punched in the stomach, sick-making" feeling that I remember from some of the Watergate hearings, like "the ship is NOW starting to sink"...For the first time in all of this mess. She punched a hole Donnie's nasty orange hide, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 356July 9, 2022 6:08 PM

Just one onion, though, R352. I think.

by Anonymousreply 357July 9, 2022 6:38 PM

I believe that the J6 Committee had the all the gory, bloody, shocking incriminating evidence against Trump BEFORE the first televised hearing. That is why they hired the TV Producer; they knew where they are ending up, they needed someone to orchestrate the distribution of immunity keys, roses and a finale that will rival Pig Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 358July 9, 2022 6:42 PM

Awww R334, love all you bitches too.

I am really looking forward to the hearings this week. I think having had a bit of a break they’ve probably had extra time to go over how each session will play out. And they must have something extraordinary to have a prime time hearing that isn’t the final one.

by Anonymousreply 359July 9, 2022 6:45 PM

I hope there's a dream ballet.

by Anonymousreply 360July 9, 2022 6:53 PM

YES!

A dream ballet with Trump that starts out like Carousel and morphs into Trump in Carousel from Logan's Run.

by Anonymousreply 361July 9, 2022 7:27 PM

Thank you, but no.

I never met a dream ballet I couldn't sleep through.

by Anonymousreply 362July 9, 2022 7:28 PM

🎈Happy Birthday Miss Lindsey!

by Anonymousreply 363July 9, 2022 7:31 PM

Here's one for Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364July 9, 2022 7:38 PM

Where is she celebrating? Has Donald planned a huge party for her birthday?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365July 9, 2022 7:41 PM

Video Shows Capitol Rioters Didn't Believe Trump's 'Go Home' Message On January 6th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366July 9, 2022 8:14 PM

[quote] Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX) had a Saturday meltdown over the 1/6 Committee just as the Committee’s hearing will focus on the forming of the mob that attacked the Capitol.

[quote] For some reason, text messages show that the Oath Keepers were focused on providing security for and protecting Rep. Jackson on 1/6.

[quote] The 1/6 Committee has been wanting to speak to Rep. Jackson since May.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367July 10, 2022 12:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368July 10, 2022 12:45 AM

Patsy Baloney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369July 10, 2022 12:57 AM

10:00 AM Tuesday, plan accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 370July 10, 2022 1:32 AM

How predictable that Ronny Jackson is parroting Trump’s terminology and referring to the “Unselect” Committee.

When MAGAts are backed into a corner, their immediate recourse is 5th-grade-level name-calling. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 371July 10, 2022 2:34 AM

Absolutely puerile.

by Anonymousreply 372July 10, 2022 2:45 AM

Cant wait for the next hearing. Twitter reports Baloney testified for 8 hours.

by Anonymousreply 373July 10, 2022 2:47 AM

Hmm, Jackson is clearly worried (he's tweeting in ALL CAPS - never a good sign). Supposedly he's a drunk, so the Oath Keepers probably gave up all kinds of texts from him.

He's a peripheral figure, but an obnoxious one so I'll still enjoy seeing him hauled off in handcuffs

by Anonymousreply 374July 10, 2022 9:34 AM

None of these people have ever had any consequences in their lives for the shit they spew in all directions. I hope that changes now.

by Anonymousreply 375July 10, 2022 11:09 AM

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) on his friendship with Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY):

[quote] “I told Liz I can’t wait to going back to disagreeing with her about everything. But right now, we are in a constitutional emergency, and we are all constitutional first responders.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376July 10, 2022 12:33 PM

Jan 6 Cmte spokesman:

[quote] “In our interview with Mr. Cipollone, the Committee received critical testimony on nearly every major topic in its investigation, reinforcing key points regarding Donald Trump’s misconduct …

[quote] “….and providing highly relevant new information that will play a central role in its upcoming hearings”

[quote] “…This includes information demonstrating Donald Trump’s supreme dereliction of duty. The testimony also corroborated key elements of Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377July 10, 2022 12:44 PM

Ha! 45 was actively involved in creating a terrorist attack against the United States.That

is a bit more than engaging in misconduct!

by Anonymousreply 378July 10, 2022 1:23 PM

R378, that's exactly what he did. I mean these same fuckers trying to excuse this insanity, would want every Muslim rounded up or laws to surveil had ONE so much as illegally entered the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 379July 10, 2022 1:55 PM

The Oathkeepers and Proud Boys need to be declared terrorist organizations and exposed. Membership lists, etc. To know that those fuckers were armed with assault weapons and explosive devices is chilling. Every single hearing has exposed how close we came to martial law and authoritarian rule. And think about members of Congress.How many refused to certify? How many of them are still running aound peddling bullshit like this? They are traitors and ought to be expelled. Cruz, Hawley, Gym Jordan, Greene, Gaetz, Boehbert, Gosar, Gomert, Brooks and the rest. And the members of their staff who actively participated shoud be banned from any kind of government employment at any level. And please lets deal with Alex Jones and QAnon, and Tucker and Fox news. It is time for a reckoning.

by Anonymousreply 380July 10, 2022 2:05 PM

those groups have been declared terrorists by Canada and New Zealand.

If you have the means and opportunity , move to New Zealand. 🍁 is thisclose to shithole status.

by Anonymousreply 381July 10, 2022 2:12 PM

I hate to beat this dead horse BUT…..the contrast between the US and Canada/New Zealand is stark right now. We can’t even correctly label these groups because “the calls are coming from inside the house”!!!!! They have succeeded in infiltrating our federal and state government at almost every level. If Liz is unable to pressure DOJ to charge, we are 100% fucked. Don’t freak out though — DO something. We need at least two new blue Senators, but we also need to run them out of state jobs too. We need a coordinated strategy across the country.

I remember when Trump first won, there was a large group of volunteer IT researchers who were covertly coordinating to comb the internet for background on every single player in his election and find as much dirt as possible. There was a black man in his 30’s, I think he came from Google, he was leading this massive team of researchers for oppo. I wonder if that still exists and/or if it has fed any of its work to the committee.

I will not ever raise my hopes again. Right now, put your head down and look ahead ten moves. We have to keep adapting and really understand that their strategy has been plotted over 50 years — we had no highly orchestrated answer to that. So trying to undo their gains is a looooooong game and we will not win every battle. What matters right now is getting Ginni/Clarence first. Also, preparing a strategy for voting interference this fall. Pay attention to all downstate candidates, use your money WISELY right now, I’m not throwing money at Dems unless they are solid (Tim Ryan is solid). Arizona and West Virginia continue to be massive problems that the Dems weren’t prepared to handle. Trump is chopping out as many non-Trumpers as he can because, YES, he’s running again.

We have got to fucking hustle now. Don’t feed us bullshit, pick a job and go do it! They are trying to divide us with race and T’s. Don’t take the bait. Make every single discussion about CLASS. They don’t want workers to have a living wage or higher education, they want more and more wealth, they are fine with us living in tin shacks. Now is the time to fight them.

by Anonymousreply 382July 10, 2022 3:38 PM

I think we're so desperate for these criminals to be locked up that we have no choice but to celebrate ANYONE who is on the Committee's side.

The truth is, having Kinzinger and Cheney adds desperately needed representation from Republica s. And for them to be front and center is our only chance to get moderates and independents to wake up to the seriousness of it. Unfortunately I don't think many are watching -- especially daytime during the summer -but the decision to have a professional produce it for soundbites was another shrewd move. My only complaint has been the time and irregular showings.

I think every hearing has been compelling for the outrageous criminality. Those women from Georgia are heros.

by Anonymousreply 383July 10, 2022 3:51 PM

[quote] Unfortunately I don't think many are watching -- especially daytime during the summer -

not correct

[quote] but the decision to have a professional produce it for soundbites was another shrewd move.

100% correct

[quote] Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony before the Jan. 6 committee was a big hit with television viewers, easily reaching a larger live audience than any of the four other daytime hearings.

[quote] Hutchinson’s riveting testimony about former President Donald Trump’s temper as plans to overturn the 2020 election fell apart [bold] was seen by 13.17 million people last week, the Nielsen company said.

[quote] That’s a 28% jump from the 10.25 million who watched the committee’s previous daytime hearing, and 23% over the average from the four daytime hearings. The committee’s first hearing, the only one televised in prime-time, was seen by 19.4 million people. [/bold]

[quote] The committee had hurriedly scheduled a public session to hear Hutchinson’s testimony after expecting to be off until mid-July. Its leaders built up anticipation by trying to keep the identity of its witness a secret in advance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384July 10, 2022 4:00 PM

Curious why they hate America.

I understand Democracy is a problem for people who want to be in control.

But maga including, Melanie and Gin & Thomas really hate us.

Melanie moved heaven and earth along with her elderly parents and hates the US.

Dumps parents are both immigrants who achieved the American dream and he hates the US

Why?

by Anonymousreply 385July 10, 2022 4:17 PM

R384 who (what demographic) is watching? Fox hasn't aired most hearings

I hope I'm wrong but even liberal friends of mine aren't watching (which is fine, they vote)

by Anonymousreply 386July 10, 2022 4:18 PM

Melanie moved heaven and earth along with her elderly parents to get here and hates the US, why?

by Anonymousreply 387July 10, 2022 4:19 PM

Republicans response for abhorrent, self-serving choices = God. That's it... God. And their supporters are either too stupid or too bigoted to see through the bullshit. They all deserve nothing but the worst. Imagine what this country could be. It's a veritable tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 388July 10, 2022 5:34 PM

The big picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389July 10, 2022 6:13 PM

r387, she moved to NEW YORK, the energy capital of the western hemisphere.

She didn't mind Trump as long as she got NEW YORK at the same time.

Now she might as well be back in Slovenia in Florida.

She has so many years before that oafish son of hers turns 18 and she can divorce/cash out at premium from trump.

Dahr-leeng, sheesh a hoor. Yedna Koor-vaaahh.

by Anonymousreply 390July 10, 2022 6:34 PM

Extraordinary video at R389. Watch the entire thing. It lays out, in simple terms, what is happening and why. Chilling and a must watch. We must take action.

by Anonymousreply 391July 10, 2022 6:41 PM

Make stickers with the link and a QR code, organize like Stacey Abrams, spam the link, get people motivated.

If your vote doesn't count, why do they keep trying to take it away?

Dems are a coalition of not-fascists. Vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392July 10, 2022 6:48 PM

R391, and that's why Brett Kavanaugh should never find peace in a restaurant and anyone who thinks now is the time to be "nice" to these literal Fascists, can go fuck themselves, because their way is why we will lose democracy even faster. You are going to see a war in this country as power gains in the hands of a few, psychotic far-right conservatives. The fact that we have the spouse of a SC justice involved in trying to overthrow the govt is despicable. And no one even mentions he has ruled on OTHER cases where she made money as an adviser and he never declared that income when he was supposed to

We all know a Dem-appointed judge would already be gone. The Dems do not know how to fight. Period. Thomas would be gone the moment the first case involving his wife was known. She wouldn't have even gotten to the point of trying to overthrow the govt had it been known she was making money on cases before him.

by Anonymousreply 393July 10, 2022 6:57 PM

You need to FOCUS, r393.

See r392.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394July 10, 2022 7:07 PM

@RepRaskin previews Tuesday's hearing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 10, 2022 10:46 PM

Why Lady Lindzebelle must testify before the Georgia Grand Jury. The Washington Post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396July 10, 2022 11:32 PM

[quote] UPDATE: The hearing on Tuesday will now be at 1pm.

[quote] Mark your calendars!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 10, 2022 11:42 PM

I already changed a meeting from 10 am to 1 pm. I can’t find this hearing change mentioned anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 398July 11, 2022 11:06 AM

For you R398, from the horse's mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399July 11, 2022 12:06 PM

What I see is the official Twitter account (which doesn't preview here) and a few others. It seems odd that it isn't publicized more.

It also seems to me that they moved it to avoid conflicting with the Emmy Award Nominations announcement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400July 11, 2022 12:07 PM

Possibly also not to step on the toes of NASA's release of first Webb telescope pics.

by Anonymousreply 401July 11, 2022 12:34 PM

I like your answer better, R401. It seems less petty.

by Anonymousreply 402July 11, 2022 12:41 PM

Surprise witness Steve Bannon doesn't assume full human form until noon.

by Anonymousreply 403July 11, 2022 12:48 PM

WHY is J6C starting hearings so late on EST? 10 am? Now, 1 pm?

What is it? They don’t want to wake up early for an 8am standard business start time? Coffee and donuts first? Monday only Rachel Maddow?

DEMS aka LIBS aka PROGRESSIVES always slack off, call for recess, don’t cover news FRI-SUN. and wonder why they are losing the war to hard-working (albeit, inferior) CONs. Come on…get off your lazy asses an WORK HARD for a change to dave our democracy and our country. FFS! No one takes slackers seriously.

by Anonymousreply 404July 11, 2022 12:50 PM

R404 You just came dangerously close to realizing a fundamental truth about the two parties.

by Anonymousreply 405July 11, 2022 12:52 PM

r404 r405

by Anonymousreply 406July 11, 2022 1:21 PM

Anybody who puts Liz Cheney in the same group with "Libs" and Democrats is probably ready to be locked up in a loony bin. And yes, that Committee has got Shitler by the balls right now. So keep making "funny" attempts to change the subject.

by Anonymousreply 407July 11, 2022 1:25 PM

"CHS stated that the KC Proud Boys (KCPB) in attendance at the rally entered the Capitol building 30 minutes after the building was breached to help deescalate Trump supporters and law enforcement.

Once KCPB entered the building, they told people to stop acting like anarchists and leave. KCPB told the people to start bagging trash from where trash cans were thrown at law enforcement, along with a woman who was saying the same thing to protestors.

KCPB told protestors to stop at the doors of the House of Representatives, and that their voice was heard and it was time to go. A law enforcement officer gave a thumbs up to KCPB, as they were trying to clear the area of people trying to fight law enforcement."

by Anonymousreply 409July 11, 2022 2:28 PM

r408 r409

by Anonymousreply 410July 11, 2022 2:30 PM

This is the backstory of the guy testifying tomorrow: Jason Van-tatenhove an Oath Keepers Propagandist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411July 11, 2022 2:43 PM

R411 He did a terrible job. I had never heard of the Oath Keepers prior to the 2020 election cycle and they appeared to have little to no interaction with the public. Another photo-op only group.

by Anonymousreply 412July 11, 2022 2:51 PM

Trump's attorney has stated in writing that Donnie *never* invoked any kind of privilege re Steve Bannon's testimony before Congress, and in fact urged Bannon to testify, "to set the record straight." LOL... Bannon knew it, his attorney knew it, and they both have intentionally misled Congress on this score until this was revealed LAST NIGHT, on the eve of the start of Bannon's contempt of Congress trial. It's going to be interesting, to say the least:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413July 11, 2022 2:59 PM

I really want to see Bannon wither away in jail

by Anonymousreply 414July 11, 2022 3:03 PM

Well, yeah, but not until AFTER someone testifies under oath what he smells like.

by Anonymousreply 415July 11, 2022 3:04 PM

R413, as many people have already said, the sole reason he was doing this was an attempt to delay his trial. He is a pus and shit-filled, terrorist boil who no one needs to hear from him.

by Anonymousreply 416July 11, 2022 3:06 PM

He needs to do time for what he has done here. Maybe Trump will pardon him again. From Lard-A-Margo.

by Anonymousreply 417July 11, 2022 3:15 PM

???

[quote] The January 6th Committee is rescheduling its planned, but never officially announced, Thursday prime time hearing, two sources familiar tell NBC News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418July 11, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote]not until AFTER someone testifies under oath what he smells like

For some disturbing reason I feel that the schoolchildren of America can answer this question.

by Anonymousreply 419July 11, 2022 4:21 PM

R408 there’s an alternate thread that might be more welcoming of links to articles from fake news sites.

(Or not, maybe no one wants to see that bull pucky.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420July 11, 2022 4:48 PM

[quote]there was a leak last night of the testimony of an FBI informant embedded with the Proud Boys who entered the Capitol during the riot:

Lameway Dumbshit. When even Breitshart won't touch your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 421July 11, 2022 5:07 PM

r420/ElderLez, yes, r408 is exactly the troll you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 422July 11, 2022 5:19 PM

Where is R409 supposedly providing those quotes from? Where is the link?

Now, we’re supposed to think that the Proud Boys were cleaning out protestors and maintaining peace?

by Anonymousreply 423July 11, 2022 5:30 PM

R423 They were just tourists.

by Anonymousreply 424July 11, 2022 7:28 PM

Bannon is going to trial next week, his last-ditch dramatics were for nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425July 11, 2022 8:01 PM

Gee, that's a shame, R425.

by Anonymousreply 426July 11, 2022 9:13 PM

Jan 6 committee aide:

[quote] Tomorrow hearing at 1pm will be the only Select Committee hearing of the week

[quote] Expect to hold another hearing next week.

[quote] The committee continues to receive new and important information on a daily basis.

[quote] Select committee aide replied indirectly on whether more hearings after next week: The Select Committee investigation is ongoing. Keep taking in more info on daily basis. Continue to uncover new facts. Premature to take anything off the table.

[quote] J6 aide: Tomorrow…we'll show how in the weeks leading up to the 6th, Donald Trump grew more desperate to summon the mob to Washington. We’ll give the American public a more complete understanding of the final phase of Pres. Trump & his supporters’ use of radical measures to prevent the peaceful transfer of power and overturn the 2020 election. We'll show that although there were those surrounding the president who viewed the Dec. 14 Electoral College meeting as the end of the election, the former President's focus shifted towards Jan6 after that

[quote] Aide: On Dec. 19, we'll look at the impact of the tweet that Trump had on that day…a little more than an hour after meeting with Rudy Giuliani, Gen. Mike Flynn, Sidney Powell & others…when he told people to come to Washington on Jan6, be there, it will be wild.

[quote] And we'll talk about how that was a pivotal moment that spurred a chain of events, including a pre planning by the proud boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427July 11, 2022 9:37 PM

A shirtless Kinzy would greatly improve ratings.

by Anonymousreply 428July 11, 2022 10:59 PM

Adam explains to Wolf that the committee moved Thursday's hearing to next week because they needed more time to make a coherent presentation.

[quote] Wolf: CNN learned that the select committee, your committee won't be holding another hearing on Thursday…

[quote] Kinzinger: It will be next week…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429July 11, 2022 11:01 PM

[quote]And we'll talk about how that was a pivotal moment that spurred a chain of events, including a pre planning by the proud boys.

Is he talking about Ginni Thomas' Dance of the Seven Veils done for Trump in the Oval. Was Hope Hicks there?

by Anonymousreply 430July 11, 2022 11:19 PM

Investigation: Guess what Meadows has been up to...

July 10, 2022

The Conservative Partnership Institute (“CPI”) is a $19.7 million “America First” institution boosted with a $1 million donation from former President Trump’s PAC.

Led by former Trump White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and former Heritage Foundation president Jim DeMint, CPI is creating the MAGA-oriented political infrastructure that the Trump administration lacked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431July 11, 2022 11:47 PM

[quote]Surprise witness Steve Bannon doesn't assume full human form until noon.

Surely they wouldn't let Bannon testify live; I just want Bannon & Ghouliani to die in prison. Is that really so much to ask? God knows they've been headed that direction most of their miserable lives

by Anonymousreply 432July 11, 2022 11:54 PM

If Trump gets re-elected, one of his most important innovations is going to be the invention of the seriatim pardon: they'll be issued in rolls to each pardonee, and he or she can just pull the next one off the roll and date it for the particular crime, fill in the factual details, and keep on keepin' on. Kind of like "get out of jail free" cards in Monopoly.

by Anonymousreply 433July 12, 2022 12:06 AM

the dots are being connected. It is ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434July 12, 2022 12:11 AM

Thank you for that, R434. I just skimmed it so it didn't make a whole lot of sense.

But something that fascinates me is the connection to the Moonies (and their obsession with guns). As we're now learning about Shinzo Abe's assassin and his connection to that cult it seems more and more interesting that MAGAland is desperately attempting to portray Shitler and Abe as the best of buddies.

I wish it all made more sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 435July 12, 2022 12:42 AM

batshit and they are trying to drag us down with their sick bullshit, r435.

twisted sick fucks

by Anonymousreply 436July 12, 2022 12:55 AM

Miss Lindz must testify.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437July 12, 2022 1:12 AM

Lindzey will dress as a proper lady, but show enough cleavage and leg to have the men feel frisky.

by Anonymousreply 438July 12, 2022 2:16 AM

Here's more about the moonies and J6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439July 12, 2022 3:16 AM

That project De Mint and Meadows are involved with is a very dangerous, very sinister endeavor. The reason Trump failed, was because he had a bunch of amateurs. These people are something out of a fucking Batman movie. But if the Neo Nazis ever do build an effective infrastructure it will be very difficult to dismantle. THink about it. There are military and police involved right now. They have these para military organizations out there like Oathkeepers. And 99% of this is based in White Supremacy. They hate women, Gays, and Jews almost as much. Theoretically, they had a concept, but they lacked the kind of serious professionals they needed. Now if Meadows can make this shit work, he will be dangerous. These people will not stop. Meadows was Tea Party all the way. Then he drifted into Trump's orbit. We need to dismantle this shit,put some of these bastards in prison and deal with all of them harshly. This cannot be handled with any timidity or ambivalence.

by Anonymousreply 440July 12, 2022 3:20 AM

[quote]They hate women, Gays, and Jews

Then why are so many Jews involved with them? Do you want me to go through the list? Tons of them have been involved in this whole movement from the top down and for years now

Breitbart.com was born in Israel. Steve Bannon has stated his admiration for Israel's ethnostate. I don't know why people pretend there isn't a relationship between white supremacy and Zionism.

by Anonymousreply 441July 12, 2022 4:16 AM

STEP 1: John Eastman concocts a “legal blueprint” whereby VP Pence elides the requirements of the Electoral Vote Act based on 7 states submitting dual slates of electors, allowing Pence to either count the alternate slate or not count those states at all

STEP 2: GOP operatives/officials in those 7 states in fact create a false slate of electors and submit them as official, so they can be used in the scenario above

STEP 3: DOJ, meanwhile, submits letters to each state, indicating (falsely) that they have reason to believe that there has been election fraud. This creates perception that results are actually in question, bolstering VP’s ability to discount their votes

***I should note here that, as with the quid-pro-quo with Ukraine, it wouldn’t have mattered if these states did not actually investigate voter fraud — the DOJ letters would have been enough to create *the appearance* that the outcome in these states was still in the air

STEP 4: The Big Lie is repeated in rallies and social media, saturating information space to rile up base and give momentum to “Stop the Steal” movement

STEP 5: Plan for all of these angry and agitated individuals to come to D.C. on January 6, the day that Eastman’s plan will be put into effect. The protesters are sent to march on the Capitol, to further put pressure on VP Pence and lawmakers, as stated in Oath Keeper indictment

STEP 6: Since mob attack is intended to keep up pressure on Pence/lawmakers, they must be able to remain in Capitol as long as possible. So: 6a) Purge top DOD and replace with loyalists; and 6b) delay LE/National Guard response as long as possible

Never Forget That Trump Purged the Pentagon Leadership Between the Election and January 6 And that the new leadership he installed seized direct control over deploying the National Guard that day. And that deployment was delayed for hours.

STEP 7: ??? I’m not sure what was supposed to happen at this point. Presumably, Pence would somehow declare Trump the winner, or if not, the Capitol would remain occupied until they found a way to make him do it. Seems like they planned to continue the siege

The point is that there are a lot of moving parts and evidence surfacing in a lot of different areas but they are all connected to one overarching goal: Keep Trump in power by subverting the counting of the electoral votes and preventing the transfer of power to Biden /END

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442July 12, 2022 5:49 AM

DC needs to become a state as soon as there is the appropriate Senate Democratic majority.

by Anonymousreply 443July 12, 2022 5:59 AM

And Puerto Rico, R443.

by Anonymousreply 444July 12, 2022 6:00 AM

Yes, making the non capital buildings portions of DC and Puerto Rico states is a big step in the right direction with the Senate and also assists with the electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 445July 12, 2022 10:02 AM

R439 The Moonies?! The Unification Church. From South Korea.

That has got to be satire.

by Anonymousreply 446July 12, 2022 10:26 AM

R443 Literally impossible.

R444 They have voted against it repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 447July 12, 2022 10:28 AM

R445 What are you smoking? I knew you were a troll.

by Anonymousreply 448July 12, 2022 10:29 AM

CNN: The Lead, host Jake Tapper

Jan. 6 Hearings Have Not Moved the Needle for Dems Before Midterms

CNN data analyst Harry Enten concluded Monday the Jan. 6 House select committee hearings have not moved the needle in favor of Democrats as inflation is the issue that most concerns Americans before the midterms.

Enten cited recent polling from Quinnipiac University. He told CNN’s audience Americans are more concerned about their finances than whether or not former President Donald Trump committed a crime to stay in office.

Enten noted the percentage of Americans who feel Trump committed a crime after the 2020 election has not changed since April.

Among Republicans, there’s been perhaps a slight upward movement to 15%, but still clearly the vast majority of Republicans do not in fact believe that Trump committed a crime and these hearings don’t seem so far to in fact change opinions across all Americans of whether Trump committed a crime to change the 2020 election results.

Tapper noted Democrats are polling “poorly” in a generic House ballot, and asked Enten, “Have these hearings changed that outlook at all?”

“Not really, no,” Enten said.

Enten concluded the hearings are not a “top issue for Americans at this point,” and said polling shows voters trust Republicans more than Democrats on the economy.

“The top issue for Americans at this point is not the Jan. 6 committee hearings, it is not Donald Trump,” Enten said. “It’s inflation!”

by Anonymousreply 449July 12, 2022 10:52 AM

STEP 7+ ^

Once the actual electors’ votes were declared suspect (or invalid) the manufactured conundrum is resolved either immediately (or presently, via Trump’s Supreme Court) by directing the House of Representatives to vote for the next president with each states delegation getting just one vote. Even though there are more Democrats than Republicans in the House, there are a greater number of (more sparsely populated) states controlled by Republicans than by Democrats.

The insurrection crew was counting on those states’ partisan Republican delegations, such as Arizona’s, casting their singular vote for Trump rather than for the candidate their citizens had actually voted for (Biden), using STEP 3 as their cover/justification: re-giving Trump the Presidency.

It might have worked.

by Anonymousreply 450July 12, 2022 11:06 AM

[quote]Enten concluded the hearings are not a “top issue for Americans at this point,” and said polling shows voters trust Republicans more than Democrats on the economy.

This just proves how fucking stupid most Americans are. The Repugs have wrecked the economy every single time they are in charge for generations at this point. The Democrats come in and fix things. Over and over and over. And, now that inflation has peaked and gas prices are going down because of the Democrats, the idiots are going to vote Repugs in in November. Then, as things continue to get better due to the continuation of the things the Democrats have put in place, it will look like the Repugs made it better. Within a year, after the newly elected Repug Congress has some time to do their damage, and especially if they get the White House in 2024, down the toilet the economy goes again to await the election of the next set of Democrats to fix it again.

I wish all Repugs would die. That's how sick of this bullshit I am. And, they can start with the ones in the media who don't bother to report these facts and instead bow to their Repug owners.

by Anonymousreply 451July 12, 2022 12:38 PM

All of the text and the graphic at R442 is hers. Interesting timing...

[quote] I find his outrage really weird. I’m a private citizen living in CT. Why does he feel entitled for me to have to listen to his “views”??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452July 12, 2022 12:49 PM

She needs to get on Fiverr and hire a graphic designer. Jesus Christ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453July 12, 2022 1:23 PM

r453

by Anonymousreply 454July 12, 2022 1:50 PM

The Trump thugs who invaded the Capitol were Trump's Fascist Guard. They turned the Capitol Police into Anti Fascists. The reason Republicans hate the Capitol Police is that the Capitol Police is the true ANTIFA!

by Anonymousreply 455July 12, 2022 2:38 PM

R423, R409 pulled quotes from the article linked in R408, which is the article linked below. Be forewarned that it is formatted like a schizophrenic monkey typed it up.

I would prefer that leakers in future leak to outfits which have appropriate editorial staff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456July 12, 2022 2:48 PM

Link to thread specific to today’s hearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457July 12, 2022 4:46 PM

Has anybody even tried to find out what Trump would do if he stole another term? Or even thought about it?

Some of the things he’s said in the past implied he would like to put Hillary in prison, and declare her guilty of something and hang her. I thought Hillary was not taking it seriously enough. If he’d won she would have ended up in Guantanamo at the least. There was nobody to stop him.

A lot of the rioters were looking for Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats and it sounds like they wanted to torture and kill them. AOC said she was afraid she would be raped and killed. Now I wonder if it wasn’t that she was just “afraid,” but at some point during the event or after, she had heard from the rioters or Secret Service that’s what they were actually going to do. Remember the people that wanted to kill the Michigan Governor? Their plan was pretty much like that.

Some of the stuff they showed today included threatening language about killing all the Democrats. Trump also owed a lot of money to Putin. In order to pay that off in four years, he would have spent the whole four years taking orders from Putin and probably sending American troops to attack Ukraine. He would have done absolutely anything Putin wanted.

I don’t think he would have stopped until all the Democrats were either out of Congress or in jail. Or dead. There seems to have been a plan to assassinate them on January 6. Then he could have claimed he had nothing to do with it. And there would have been no one to oppose him. He could have declared martial law if they were assassinated.

Imagine seeing Trump talk about that on TV. “Oh well, they were guilty. If I get hit, I hit back ten times harder.” He’s a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 458July 13, 2022 12:07 AM

I still want to know what made Grassley say he would preside over the Senate to certify the votes because Pence would not be in the Capitol on January 6th. It has not come up...yet. And he said it on live TV.

by Anonymousreply 459July 13, 2022 12:12 AM

R458, Trump loves the idea of people being willing to kill for him. He would be on a permanent high, ordering wave and wave of purges and massacres.

by Anonymousreply 460July 13, 2022 12:13 AM

Listen. I am now firmly convinced that if Trump had succeeded, we'd have had mass arrests and even some deaths among Democratic members of Congress and Democratic leaders all over the country. Gestapo tactics. The GOP would have been fast tracking a legislative agenda that dismantled Social Security and Medicare as they now intend to do when they take back Congress. Stop listening to the media about political races. . They're too focused on the White House, when we have to focus on Congressional and state races. They want Biden to be the issue. But this is not about Biden. This is about Congress.

by Anonymousreply 461July 13, 2022 12:19 AM

"He suggested Pence was not expected to attend but Grassley’s staff later said that was a “misinterpretation” and that Pence was expected to be there." Grassley said this on 01/05. Why? R459, I too hope this gets explained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462July 13, 2022 12:53 AM

^Yes, nefarious by implication. But Grassley is THE doddering old fool of America right now.

by Anonymousreply 463July 13, 2022 1:01 AM

Summary of today's activities:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464July 13, 2022 1:13 AM

Who is Ayres supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 465July 13, 2022 1:14 AM

Rotate Chris for Ari and it becomes The View.

by Anonymousreply 466July 13, 2022 1:35 AM

I am just thinking, what if Trump had met the crowd at Congress (not walking, lol that was never going to happen) what would he do, another speech (with a borrowed bullhorn), then through the doors—would the doorman/guard/police dare to stop him? Then to the house chamber which had already been evacuated? Would the mob stay with him or disperse to find Pelosi, Pence, AOC? Since he was leading the way, all those deplorables who were staying outside would -definitely- have followed him inside. Because when the president does it, it’s not illegal.

by Anonymousreply 467July 13, 2022 2:45 PM

^I see what you're getting at, 467. A GOLDEN oppty for the cops to shoot the fat, tyrannical asshole right in the kisser, just wasted.

by Anonymousreply 468July 13, 2022 3:03 PM

Hey, just a random thought. I remember having a lot of Trump loving relatives quit Facebook after January 6th. Do you think that was intentional to hide communications?

The reason I ask is I was looking back to see what date my fell in with terrible people cousin was messaging me to make sure I had a gun to protect myself. All my messages are still there, but his all say message unavailable.

(He’s got a new Facebook account now of course)

by Anonymousreply 469July 13, 2022 6:00 PM

ElderLez, I think you’re into something. I’m sure that once they saw that D.C. did not fall and the counting of electoral votes finally happened (at 2AM or whatever), they quickly realized that their communications now put them in potential legal peril.

None of your cousin’s messages are really gone though, of course. They’re somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 470July 13, 2022 6:15 PM

R469 That came out pretty garbled. What are you asking?

by Anonymousreply 471July 13, 2022 6:56 PM

r471

by Anonymousreply 472July 13, 2022 6:57 PM

One mlop is enough, ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 473July 13, 2022 9:33 PM

Speaking of the hearings, I get quite a few robocalls from Republican fundraisers (and the occasional mailing from the RNC). That's because I once voted strategically in a Republican primary in attempt to help the Democrats by voting for a bad Repub choice. I don't know anymore if that was right, but that's how it happened.

Anyway, I got another call tonight, about the Wyoming race in which Liz Cheney's seat is contested, in support of the *other* candidate. It started out, "You already know that NANCY PELOSI put Liz Cheney on the SHAM JANUARY 6 COMMITTEE--" and just in case the voice was a live person, I interrupted with, "I think the January 6 Committee is doing a great job and I'm hanging up now." I love getting those calls; they're so entertaining and vile. It's a weird window on what the Republicans are telling their brain-dead mouth-breathers.

by Anonymousreply 474July 14, 2022 3:05 AM

All Wyoming Dems should change their registration to Repug and vote for Liz in primary.

by Anonymousreply 475July 14, 2022 3:09 AM

Grassley looks completely guilty. Is he insane? What was that old ass fuck thinking?

by Anonymousreply 476July 14, 2022 3:13 AM

R467 the House chamber may not have been evacuated if Trump was outside. I assume (and Trump assumed) the police would have let him and his people in after his speech and he would have walked into the chamber, halted the proceedings and the Repubs would have swung into action in his favour and the Democrats wouldn’t have been able to resist (given the presence of the mob) so he would have been figuratively crowned king.

by Anonymousreply 477July 14, 2022 3:22 AM

The DOJ and Merrick Garland are not going to do a thing to hold these bastards accountable. Our best bet is if anything comes out of Georgia or Leticia James in NY - nothing will come out of Washington because no one will convict a former US President. PERIOD. You’ll NEVER get a unanimous felony conviction on Dump because there are too many MAGAs and enablers that will allow that to happen.

Mark my words. Soon, Dump will run in 2024 and steal all the thunder from the J6C hearings and all this fuss will be lost to memory and we wont remember who Merrick Garland even is. Wake me up then.

by Anonymousreply 478July 14, 2022 4:37 AM

If nobody is held accountable, the country is done. Clearly nothing matters, and we can break whatever goddamned laws we want.

This is a make or break moment for the nation.. If the ring leaders of an attempted coup are not held accountable, then our legal system is a complete sham.

by Anonymousreply 479July 14, 2022 5:53 AM

R478 Very frightening if that happens. I never imagined democracy in The United States could fall in such a banal, quiet fashion. Nobody cares. Something is seriously wrong.

by Anonymousreply 480July 14, 2022 6:38 AM

We need to concentrate on the midterms, it’s that simple. We need just a few more seats in the Senate and at least hold the House. Then, Biden can move the ball, codify women’s/gays EQUAL RIGHTS AMENDMENTS. Hopefully, Biden will feel the need to expand the Supreme Court to neutralize their toxicity and destruction. That’s all, those 2 main moves and the good will flow out from there. It’s not impossible like trying to convince the rabid 33% MAGATs - thats just not possible. It will take a few years and time so they just DIE OFF naturally.

by Anonymousreply 481July 14, 2022 6:47 AM

Biden isn't expanding the Supreme Court. He doesn't give a shit. He's making deals with McTurtle to appoint MORE anti-choice federal judges. I wish I believed there was hope for the future but it just looks so damn bleak.

by Anonymousreply 482July 14, 2022 7:40 AM

Isn't a war with Russia enough to keep you happy with Joe?

by Anonymousreply 483July 14, 2022 7:44 AM

Yes, we know. Letting Russia destroy democracy in Europe is fine with Republicans. They are aligned with Russia. They are fascists, racists, and homophobes. The Republicans held CPAC in fascist Hungary for fucks sake with special correspondent Fucker Carlson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484July 14, 2022 7:52 AM

R441 gets it.

The entire movement is extremely convoluted.

Evangelicals are now setting up shop in Israel, as well. It’s called the Jews for Jesus movement, and it’s been in existence as long as I’ve been alive, but has picked up in speed and precision, in the last 20 or so years.

by Anonymousreply 485July 14, 2022 7:58 AM

[quote] Jews for Jesus movement, and it’s been in existence as long as I’ve been alive

Longer

by Anonymousreply 486July 14, 2022 8:08 AM

There’s an odd strategic alliance between 1) some Fundy Christians who want all Jewish people over in Israel so they can rebuild the temple, piss off the Arabs, get genocided and have the third temple temple destroyed all of which will bring about the return of the Messiah 2) SOME white Nationalist anti-semites who want all the Jews out of the US and will support Israel to achieve that goal. 3) some Jewish people who appreciate the completely uncritical support for Israel groups 1 & 2 provide without looking into it too closely.

by Anonymousreply 487July 14, 2022 10:00 AM

I still want to know who your cousin is and what you think he was doing on January 6.

by Anonymousreply 488July 14, 2022 10:03 AM

I am sure my cousin was sitting at home January 6th. He has pretty serious medical conditions. Thank you for your concern.

by Anonymousreply 489July 14, 2022 10:22 AM

Ladybelle urged Grassley.

by Anonymousreply 490July 14, 2022 10:49 AM

[quote]f nobody is held accountable, the country is done. Clearly nothing matters, and we can break whatever goddamned laws we want.

"We" can't. Rich and powerful white men can.

by Anonymousreply 491July 14, 2022 11:46 AM

Unaccountability is having a domino effects across America. Mass shooting, no one wants to work anymore, crappy service industry, inflation thru the roof, gas prices and rent increase….one dan go on and on…..

by Anonymousreply 492July 14, 2022 11:56 AM

Former President Donald Trump tried to call a member of the White House support staff who was talking to the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, two sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.

The support staffer was not someone who routinely communicated with the former President and was concerned about the contact, according to the sources, and informed their attorney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493July 14, 2022 12:37 PM

If Donald Trump sitting down in Florida knows that the Jan 6th committee is talking to a minor White House support staff member, then someone on the committee or more likely their staff is feeding information in his direction. Most likely someone working for Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger. I hope they have realized this.

by Anonymousreply 494July 14, 2022 12:59 PM

Many of the witnesses' lawyers are still being paid by Trump (well, by the people who contribute money to him). One of the talking heads on CNN said these lawyers get transcripts of their client interviews and share them with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 495July 14, 2022 1:06 PM

R489 you, in R469 stated "Hey, just a random thought. I remember having a lot of Trump loving relatives quit Facebook after January 6th. Do you think that was intentional to hide communications?"

^^^ You know something juicy? Out with it.

by Anonymousreply 496July 14, 2022 1:20 PM

Are we supposed to already know who your relatives are?

Like, you're related some Republican party organizers or something?

by Anonymousreply 497July 14, 2022 1:21 PM

I've been thinking about this for a while. I have been among those who have expressed frustration at the apparent lack of urgency, and the almost low key dedication to procedures and rules, etc. My impulse, even before the insurrection was to run through the WH with my hair on fire because I always felt Trump was a Russian Puppet and illegitimate "President."

I was that guy whose friends would tease about being "paranoid." I never expected Trump to leave office peacefully, and while, at first I really expected Mueller to do something, as the whole thing unravelled and Barr and Rosenstein let the air out of the tires, I realized Mueller wasn't going to save us and he never intended to. But the other attorneys on his team pushed him in the right direction for as long as they could. So some good did come out.

But when the Insurrection happened after weeks of fruitless litigation, and after it came out that Trump tried to steal votes from Georgia and Arizona, etc. I figured that the response from the Bidem WH would be robust, immediate and comprehensive. I felt like after what members of Congress went through that day, they would have a sense of urgency about how to proceed. Instead, more than 18 months late we're holding heaings. Trump and Flynn and Bannon are still making speeches and raising money, Roger Stone and the Oathkeepers are still plotting, and none of the members of Congress who opposed Biden's certification and in fact actively tried to stop it, have faced any consequences.

I've been demoralized and upset by all of this. Surely if I can see the dangers, as a mere civilian, the good guys in Washington (!!!) can see it, right? Because if I had been in charge of the world, I would have insisted that every fucking insurrectionist be rounded up and shipped to three or four mass incarceration facilities in different regions of the country. Pending trial. I would have expelled members of Congress. I would have had the DoJ set up a special tribunal to investigate, charge and hold trials, at two different levels:the rabble and the planners. It was clear to me as a former campaigner, that the way this was organized required states to participate. So teams of FBI agents would have been assigned to investigate the state run GOP/Trump campaign operations. My point is, I would have brought the hammer down on all of these fuckers.

But now, as I watch things proceed and my worst suspicions are confirmed, I can see why Biden and Pelosi opted for calm. Because we would have had a bloodbath. Yes. I believe strongly that the civil war so many of the extremists have been trying to provoke, would have actually happend back then. And the real danger, one that no one is saying out loud, is that our military, and our police departments have been infiltrated by extremists, and things would have gotten really ugly. So now, I think they are doing it the way it needs to be done.

I'm still impatient, but I think I understand why this is unfolding as it is. And I give all credit to Pelosi and the Democratic House members who are really brilliant. The only change I would make right now is to suspend due process. These should not be tried like ordinary criminal activities. We still need some special way of handling this. I don't know if the system of military justice is a good model. Or maybe the Nuremberg trials following WW2. I jus think that guys like Stone and Flynn and Meadows will try every legal gimmick they can find to delay and discourage prosecution.

by Anonymousreply 498July 14, 2022 1:30 PM

Why won't they tell us which witnesses? And those lawyers are disgusting for doing it. Isn't that unethical?

Would it be the witnesses who admit he lost or the ones who take the fifth?

by Anonymousreply 499July 14, 2022 1:32 PM

[quote]Isn't that unethical?

You're adorable.

by Anonymousreply 500July 14, 2022 1:34 PM

R500, in my defense, I'm not normally that naive. Still groggy and haven't had my coffee yet. What I mean is that wouldn't the committee question the testimony of anyone represented by a Trump fund lawyer? Their testimony is suspect, so why even bother? And isn't that sort of witness tampering?

by Anonymousreply 501July 14, 2022 1:37 PM

[quote]And isn't that sort of witness tampering?

Yes, but ...

"Former President Donald J. Trump's political organization and his allies have paid for or promised to finance the legal fees of more than a dozen witnesses called in the congressional investigation into the Jan. 6 attack, raising legal and ethical questions about whether the former president may be influencing testimony with a direct bearing on him.

Unlike witness tampering, which is a crime, there is nothing illegal about a third party covering legal fees for a witness. Still, given Mr. Trump’s potential criminal exposure and interest in the inquiry’s outcome, the practice has come under added scrutiny."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502July 14, 2022 1:42 PM

These Hearings have made it clear to me that we are headed for another Civil War. My husband, who is descended from many people who fought in the Revolutionary War, gets very upset with me when I say this. This nation has become too polarized to work together. Republicans and Democrats do not even come close to wanting the same things. And now the republicans attempted a coup. They failed, but they have not given up.

by Anonymousreply 503July 14, 2022 1:43 PM

R503, this is not a both sides situation. What do you think Trump would've done had he lost the EC in 2016 but won the popular vote? The psycho won the fucking presidency and still tried to claim fraud over the popular vote. This is 1000% on the GOP.

Dems get angry when they lose, esp., when we are the ones who have millions more in votes, a House with tons of Republican gerrymandered districts. A Senate where Dems represent millions more people and a Supreme Court chosen by that minority and who completely ignore the will of the majority. We already would've had a Civil War if it were the Republicans who had the numbers Dems do. The Dems don't literally try and take down the govt over it when we are the ones who have every right to do so.

A poll showed that 60% of Southern Republicans want secession. I normally hate polls, but I absolutely believe the number is even higher. It shows the arrogance of those people. The majority of their shit states are dependent on the blue ones and they still have the nerve to scream about "Socialism" being piss-poor shitholes full of morons under the delusion they're capable of self-sufficiency.

by Anonymousreply 504July 14, 2022 1:54 PM

One of the biggest problems is the fact that the GOP has weaponized low information voters. Guys like Mr. Ayres who testified yesterday, and, not really comprehending how his actions affected others, went over to apologize to the cops as if he had just spilled a drink. I had a 60 yr old neighbor who was 100 % Tea Party. Stood in line to have Sarah Pailin autograph her book! And she had asthma. All she could talk about is how expensive her inhaler was and she couldn't wait to get on Medicare so she could get it covered! I told her that her Tea Party wanted to get rid of Medicare, and she laughed and said, "Oh they just say things like that to get the Democrats mad!" I can't even...

by Anonymousreply 505July 14, 2022 2:37 PM

I hope Medicare denies her coverage, R505. Then she can die.

by Anonymousreply 506July 14, 2022 2:44 PM

R504 I'm 503, and the states that are outlawing abortion are the same states where their Republicans are arguing for secession. It's the Civil War all over again. I know my post slanted toward the "both sides" but I was thinking about the gridlock in Washington and how people don't work together to get anything done anymore. You are absolutely right, if anyone is going to do anything to bring this house of cards down it will come from the right wing.

by Anonymousreply 507July 14, 2022 2:44 PM

3rd arrest made in alleged Colorado election security breach

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508July 14, 2022 2:49 PM

THe Gridlock is a GOP tactic. Go look at how many pieces of legislation the House has passed. Very little of it had bi-partisan support. The best example is how the Republicans have been exploiting high gasoline prices and inflation. Yet when Pelosi had the price gouging legisiation put on the floor for a vote, No Republican House member voted fo it. It passed, but it died in the Senate. They love gridlock. They initiate it, then bitch about the Dems not doing enough.I hope more people are seeing through this shit.

by Anonymousreply 509July 14, 2022 2:54 PM

I look at the person @R508 and more and more I think that I don't want Trump to go to prison. I want his punishment to be that he is forced to live the rest of his days exclusively with all of his deplorable supporters at Mar-a-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 510July 14, 2022 3:01 PM

Trump can connect the dots. He knows who was in the rooms. He knows who talked to whom. Definitely witness tampering. But more importantly, Trump is scared and can't trust his army of ads lickers to get things done. This person has all the importance of the State of Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 511July 14, 2022 3:19 PM

The best thing to happen with the hearings is that shit McCarthy overplaying his hand. Khatko had made a good deal for those treasonous bastards and we probably never would've heard from Hutchinson if that deal had gone through. Trump whining about it is hilarious because he's the asshole who told McCarthy to pull out from the deal. Does that orange shitstain take responsibility for ANYTHING?

by Anonymousreply 512July 14, 2022 3:40 PM

Do we think Trump is paying Meadows' lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 513July 14, 2022 3:47 PM

[quote]Trump can connect the dots.

With a Sharpie.

by Anonymousreply 514July 14, 2022 3:54 PM

If I were Meadows, I would be getting pretty concerned. Trump is going to make him the bagholder for this

by Anonymousreply 515July 14, 2022 3:58 PM

Gee, you mean Trump is loyal to no one but himself? I mean sure, his entire life has shown he is a disloyal, scumbag, low-life who will even bring his mistress on vacation with his wife and children, but you're an exception, Mark! He really cares about you, Mark! You're the exception.

by Anonymousreply 516July 14, 2022 4:03 PM

I can think of one way to pass along that bag to the rightful owner...

by Anonymousreply 517July 14, 2022 4:14 PM

This is what undying devotion to Trump gets you.

Pathetic lying monkey:

"defend peter DOT com is the cool new url you can use to give to my legal defense fund. Trying to get over the $150K threshold and you can help make that difference. This will likely be a million dollar defense by the time it is all over."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518July 14, 2022 4:37 PM

flying* monkey

by Anonymousreply 519July 14, 2022 4:38 PM

Peter Navarro is a welfare queen. What happened to MAGAts pulling themselves up by the bootstraps? I mean, if you can't afford to be a traitorous piece of shit, maybe you shouldn't fuck around?

by Anonymousreply 520July 14, 2022 4:46 PM

He's been loyal to the point of ignoring the subpoena and risking prison. Trump won't even let him in on that lawyer fund. BTW, I believe some of the lawyers have already complained they didn't get paid.

by Anonymousreply 521July 14, 2022 4:53 PM

Some of them actually thought they would?

by Anonymousreply 522July 14, 2022 4:56 PM

Correction: The lawyers are now getting paid by outside conservative groups like one led by Matt Schlapp - he of the complaining about Biden being the reason he couldn't get a part for his really fancy dishwasher

by Anonymousreply 523July 14, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote]He's been loyal to the point of ignoring the subpoena and risking prison. Trump won't even let him in on that lawyer fund. BTW, I believe some of the lawyers have already complained they didn't get paid.

That is laughably pathetic; given that Navarro is a true believer too, I fully expect an "it's all for you Trumpy" as he jumps out a window with a noose around his neck (hopefully 3+ stories). Meadows, on the other...he seems like a survivor & he knows where *all* the bodies are buried. If he turns on Trump, he's going to take a lot of people down to save himself.

by Anonymousreply 524July 14, 2022 5:34 PM

Well, if it's true they're planning to make Meadows the fall guy, his lawyer better STFU about "cross-examining Hutchinson" and get his client to cooperate

by Anonymousreply 525July 14, 2022 5:39 PM

R482 Fuck off with your both sides blaming Biden. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 526July 14, 2022 7:47 PM

I’m not both siding but Biden has explicitly stated he has no interest in expanding the court and he does in fact have a deal to appoint an anti-abortion judge to a Federal court. Why on earth he would make this choice now demands an explanation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527July 14, 2022 9:07 PM

R497 assuming you aren’t just trolling, I didn’t mean it imply that my relatives are at all important. Just that there was this bizarre anti-social media push (they are censoring us-waaaahhhh) that also coincidentally hid a lot of communications, whom the recipients of might, in retrospect, think there was something to report.

by Anonymousreply 528July 14, 2022 11:04 PM

I think the current White Hose employee that was contacted by Trump was the VALET who constantly saw him throw angry shit against the wall and floor. The one that Cassidy helped clean the ketchup off the wall after Trump threw lunch against the wall and broke a plate.

by Anonymousreply 529July 14, 2022 11:40 PM

CNN: DC police officer in Trump Jan. 6 motorcade corroborates details of heated secret service exchange to committee.

by Anonymousreply 530July 15, 2022 12:04 AM

All members of the 1/6 committee met with Pelosi tonight.

by Anonymousreply 531July 15, 2022 2:31 AM

r531, what are the implications of that?

by Anonymousreply 532July 15, 2022 2:43 AM

Hey there, FCI!!!!! We miss you! There's so much going on we need your input.

by Anonymousreply 533July 15, 2022 2:55 AM

Hey! R533

I’m here. I don’t always sign my name.

R531 I’m not sure, but CNN or MSNBC said it was unusual and seemed urgent. With the USSS news coming out it may be tied to that is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 534July 15, 2022 2:58 AM

FCI, how plausible is this? The GOP wins back Congress in the 2022 election. Trump doesn't have to worry about running for POTUS in 2024; the GOP Congress makes him Speaker of the House. Meaning he's third in line after Biden and Harris. GOP implements laws switching election results, fucking with electorals, etc. Trump is once again made POTUS. (and/or Biden/Harris have to watch out for their lives from our corroded USSS),

Poor Kevin McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 535July 15, 2022 3:05 AM

R535 Very plausible. Very.

by Anonymousreply 536July 15, 2022 3:07 AM

So safe to assume this is Plan B? (the attempted coup being Plan A).

by Anonymousreply 537July 15, 2022 3:31 AM

R537 They have a Plan B, C, D, E——-Z. This has tons of billionaire dark money behind it.

by Anonymousreply 538July 15, 2022 3:40 AM

The thing must likely to trip up Trump’s plan to regain power is ambition. Too many governors, senators and congressman see a weakening in Trump’s support and plan to try to seize their openings.

by Anonymousreply 539July 15, 2022 10:18 AM

R528 I believe there was a Republican boycott of Facebook at the time over this Time Magazine article.

You definitely implied that your relatives were engaging in subterfuge, I seriously doubt invalids watching the whole thing on TV out in God knows where were "hiding communications."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540July 15, 2022 10:34 AM

[quote]the GOP Congress makes him Speaker of the House.

Trump has less than zero desire to be Speaker of the House, it would involve actual work.

by Anonymousreply 541July 15, 2022 11:11 AM

There's an expression the military people use about "fighting the last war"; despite all his sabre rattling, there seems to be a distinct shift that the powers that be (Rupert) are done with Trump and are moving on. For the rest of us, that's a good thing in the sense that it will create a war between the true believers (like Big Ginni) and the more practical nazis that want a cleaned up version of Trump, like DeSantis. I guess the point is that while I think Trump & his allies are still a very real threat, we assume they'll use established channels of power to get their way and to a certain extent they have as illustrated by the SCOTUS rulings. But I think they'll also move to another front to actual violence against people & institutions. All this "pedo" stuff has desensitized people to the extent that any violence is not only justified, but it's in support of a righteous cause.

by Anonymousreply 542July 15, 2022 11:25 AM

Also, r541, he'd have to live in DC, again.

by Anonymousreply 543July 15, 2022 4:16 PM

This is a guy who could never deal with being anything but the most powerful guy.

Anyone here believe someone like DeSantis (I increasingly don’t think he will be the ultimate front runner) would tolerate having Trump in a key role, sucking up all the attention?

Anyone here believe Trump wants to play second banana?

by Anonymousreply 544July 15, 2022 4:37 PM

[quote] Trump has less than zero desire to be Speaker of the House, it would involve actual work.

So does being president, but he just ignored that, and he’ll ignore SotH duties as well.

It’s always all about power. Never about responsibilities.

by Anonymousreply 545July 15, 2022 4:55 PM

I believe there are other, more ambitious politicians who would not go for installing him as Speaker, wanting it for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 546July 15, 2022 4:57 PM

There were also other, more ambitious politicians vying for the presidential nomination in 2016, wanting it for themselves.

Republicans will always, ALWAYS go for the least qualified but most vile option.

by Anonymousreply 547July 15, 2022 5:11 PM

Yes, but that had to do with the idiots in this country voting in the primary. What people are saying here is completely different. This would effectively be an appointment.

by Anonymousreply 548July 15, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote] Mark Meadows burned documents. The Secret Service deleted a fuckton of texts. And donald trump flushed, ripped up, ate or flat out stole mountains of highly classified information, including some pertaining to Jan 6th.

[quote] But please, do go on about Hillary Clinton’s missing emails.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549July 15, 2022 8:53 PM

BENGHAZI!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 550July 15, 2022 10:59 PM

BEN CASEY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 551July 15, 2022 11:14 PM

FUGAZI!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 552July 16, 2022 12:08 AM

I love you R552.

by Anonymousreply 553July 16, 2022 12:37 AM

Peter Strzok:

[quote] Take a moment to think about the staggering counterintelligence issues in the crazy Dec 18, 2020 WH meeting. A thread.

[quote] In the Oval Office, people advocated Trump illegitimately hold on to power, including using the military to seize voting machines.

[quote] That group included: Mike Flynn, who who was paid by an organ of Russian state media to travel to Moscow to attend a dinner where he was seated next to Putin.

[quote] Flynn later plead guilty to lying to the FBI about conversations he had with the Russian Ambassador about election interference.

[quote] Patrick Byrne, one of several men once in an intimate relationship with convicted Russian agent Marina Butina.

[quote] Byrne gave money to Butina after her return to Russia, where she ran for the Duma, hounded Navalny, and supported the invasion of Ukraine.

[quote] Maria Butina, a spy jailed and deported by the US, is standing for the Russia's parliament.

[quote] Rudy Giuliani, who repeatedly met with and took info from sanctioned Russian agents like Andrii Derkach, despite USIC warnings to the White House in 2019 that Trump’s personal lawyer “was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence”

[quote] So in this tiny meeting in the Oval Office where options to upend US democracy were advanced to the President of the United States, there were not one, not two, but three people directly linked to sanctioned and convicted agents of the Russian government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554July 16, 2022 4:49 PM

[quote] One person closely watching the news of Jan. 6 arrests is a right-wing comedian recently identified to the FBI by the online sleuths who have played a critical role in identifying people in hundreds of Capitol attack cases. The FBI does not comment on ongoing investigations, and an official declined to do so in this case.

[quote] Kevin Downey Jr. was one of the highest-profile participants to have entered the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6; he appeared on “America’s Got Talent” on NBC in 2013 and was one of the men made over by the original Fab Five on Bravo’s “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” in 2004. He also released at least one DVD special, “I’m Not Gay, but Don’t Stop,” in 2008. More recently, Downey has taken a turn as a pro-Trump commentator, writing for the right-wing website PJ Media and describing himself on Twitter as Kevin “Ultra MAGA” Downey Jr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555July 16, 2022 8:06 PM

Robert Downey Jr. is a terrorist!

by Anonymousreply 556July 16, 2022 8:15 PM

This MAGA lady looks familiar. Wanted in the State of Georgia for testimony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557July 16, 2022 8:47 PM

[quote]Peter Strzok

I love how Trump attacked him via Strzok's adultery because that orange shitstain is the model husband.

by Anonymousreply 558July 16, 2022 10:45 PM

[quote]Flynn later plead guilty

Oh, fucking dear!

by Anonymousreply 559July 17, 2022 3:05 PM

[quote] NEW: Cost of federal contract to manage massive trove of videos & other evidence from #Jan6 #CapitolRiot hit almost $16 million last month and could hit $32 million. And that's just a fraction of the total cost of sprawling probe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560July 18, 2022 11:58 AM

So what, R560? It’s all worth it.

by Anonymousreply 561July 18, 2022 1:28 PM

How much did Trump cost over 4 years of golfing? How much to protect Donnie, Jr. and Eric and Iv anka?

by Anonymousreply 562July 18, 2022 1:58 PM

Exactly

by Anonymousreply 563July 18, 2022 2:02 PM

I agree that he shouldn't prosecuted due to the violence it will cause. It'll be much better to have the violence when those terrorists keep doing it over and over again until they get their way.

by Anonymousreply 564July 18, 2022 2:08 PM

R564 we’ll have violence whether or not there is a Trump trial. Bring on the trial!

by Anonymousreply 565July 18, 2022 2:27 PM

R565, I was being sarcastic. I'm tired of the "violence" defense for NOT prosecuting Trump when his savages will only get the greenlight to keep attacking the govt if Trump is allowed to get away with being a terrorist leader

by Anonymousreply 566July 18, 2022 2:33 PM

Al it takes is a Biden associate, and a box of canoli.

by Anonymousreply 567July 18, 2022 3:08 PM

And maybe some piano wire.

by Anonymousreply 568July 18, 2022 4:02 PM

R560, remind me again how much was spent on investigating Clinton’s blowjob.

For some reason, $40M comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 569July 18, 2022 4:03 PM

The Washington Post reported that the cost of Kenneth Starr's Clinton probe eventually ended up costing $52 million.

The paper says that five independent counsels spent more than $95 million investigating the Clinton administration.

by Anonymousreply 570July 18, 2022 4:07 PM

The purpose of these... what are they, public interviews? Is to influence public perception of the Republican Party and hopefully help Democrats perform better in midterms.

A possible secondary benefit is harassing and threatening anyone who ever worked with Trump, possibly making people hesitate to work with him in future and making it more difficult for him to win in 2024 (he will anyway.)

This entire ordeal is wasting time and money and not accomplishing its goals. Merrick Garland is being put in the position where he has to politicize his office and file charges he know he can't prosecute, just to please a party that is incapable of holding onto power.

by Anonymousreply 571July 18, 2022 4:07 PM

^What about Ed Meese's magnum opus of The Reagan White House, the "Report of the Commission on Pornogaphy"? We, the American people, CERTAINLY got our money's worth on that 1,000+ page "study." Teehee.

by Anonymousreply 572July 18, 2022 4:12 PM

So ten cents per citizen?

I can think of no better use of my personal tax payer dollars than to expose the maggots who attempted to overthrow the US system of government and way of life.

The enemies of freedom and the peaceful transfer of power of course will feel differently.

by Anonymousreply 573July 18, 2022 4:23 PM

r571 in the *Covid today, Covid tomorrow, Covid forever!* thread:

[quote]The sequel to "Covid: the Sad Final Days" and "Is Covid over now?" has mysteriously been pay-walled.

[quote]This thread is for discussion of the scammers, bullshitters, and hypochondriacs who will not let Covid go and cling to it like its their religion.

by Anonymousreply 574July 18, 2022 4:36 PM

I'm shocked that R571 is toeing the Fox News party line across Datalounge.

Shocked, I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 575July 18, 2022 4:41 PM

Retired GOP Sen. Alan Simpson (Wyo.) called former President Trump a “vicious animal who has poisoned our democracy” in comments included in a new book.

“This guy is so full of himself that he would overturn every kind of rule of law or Constitutional process because of his own ego, which is twisted,” Simpson told NBC. “I’ll never vote for him again — that’s for goddamn sure.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576July 18, 2022 4:47 PM

R571 would scream his head off if a black person refused to pull over for a policeman, but is A-ok with a bunch of white guys overthrowing our country.

by Anonymousreply 577July 18, 2022 4:48 PM

It was a pleasure to block asshole @R571 into oblivion. Hey R571, your boy trump just took a dump. Time for your afternoon snack.

by Anonymousreply 578July 18, 2022 4:54 PM

R571 is the Trumper who kept starting threads and ranting with all of the Fox/Republican talking points.

He got so angry with ElderLEz creating the "B" threads, diminishing his chances of influencing others with his anti-Democratic ramblings.

by Anonymousreply 579July 18, 2022 5:02 PM

Thanks, r579. It was so funny watching his hissy fit on those threads.

by Anonymousreply 580July 18, 2022 5:04 PM

R571 should have signed its off-headed screed as "Alternative reality check".

by Anonymousreply 581July 18, 2022 5:07 PM

Does Trump have a sprial staircase in his home?

by Anonymousreply 582July 18, 2022 5:24 PM

R571 is a full-on troll. You could tell when he was so confidently talking about the inevitability of Trump bro g re-elected. He/she/they/IT is a “softening the ground” troll.

Could even be a gay kapo type.

by Anonymousreply 583July 18, 2022 5:29 PM

In case this thread ends before I leave the office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584July 18, 2022 5:45 PM

Thanks, ElderLez!

by Anonymousreply 585July 18, 2022 5:56 PM

R574, Robert Reich estimated $141 million for the golf trips, though this fact-check article says it's hard to pin down the figure. But even if it's a tenth of that, that's the cost of fuckin' recreational golf trips (time he spent not working) against the cost of untangling said golfer's attempted coup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586July 18, 2022 6:07 PM

Sorry, R586 was for R562.

by Anonymousreply 587July 18, 2022 6:10 PM

I think it will take years for learn the full extent of how much Trump & family bilked the tax payers for - and that's not even factoring in the intelligence they sold to foreign governments.

by Anonymousreply 588July 18, 2022 6:16 PM

^ Priceless ^

by Anonymousreply 589July 18, 2022 9:46 PM

I said before all of this even started that we will see video of Trump enjoying the violence. I stand by that.

by Anonymousreply 590July 18, 2022 9:54 PM

Has anyone started a new thread for this and I missed it?

It’s got to be dragging for some people at this many replies.

by Anonymousreply 591July 18, 2022 10:07 PM

I think there should be a thread for general 1/6 hearing discussions to continue this thread and a separate one should be created on Thursday for that evening's specific hearing.

I'm not stating boundaries, just giving a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 592July 18, 2022 10:14 PM

R586, don't leave out the most disgusting aspect of the taxpayers paying for golf trips and stays at Trump properties: Knowing that taxpayers would always be mandated to foot the bill, they price gouged secret service and staff whenever they stayed at those properties.

by Anonymousreply 593July 18, 2022 10:18 PM

I think that is a very reasonable suggestion R593. R591 see link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594July 18, 2022 10:18 PM

Leave it to you, ElderLez, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 595July 18, 2022 11:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!