Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jan 6 Committee Hearing on Tues 6/28/22

Continue discussion of Cassidy’s shocking testimony.

by Anonymousreply 600July 1, 2022 8:00 PM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2022 6:57 PM

Thank you OP

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2022 6:58 PM

Unfortunately wealthy white men never go to jail no matter how much they deserve to serve time.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2022 6:59 PM

The mood at Fox News this early afternoon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2022 7:00 PM

This hearing blew me away.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2022 7:01 PM

Exceeded all expectations.

And, yep, this committee, working together, has done a hugely effective job.

Think, if we were able to work in bipartisan ways, with the right people working together, think how many problems we could solve. Cheney and Raskin getting together could figure it out, eh?

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2022 7:01 PM

Cheney did an amazing job. Having a woman question her was smart.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2022 7:03 PM

[quote]This hearing blew me away.

Me too; some times I think I've lost my ability to be shocked or surprised by anything, particularly anything Trump related. But her testimony was truly terrifying

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2022 7:04 PM

R7 Cheney wants to sic Trump's balls, no matter how small.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2022 7:04 PM

This message she received sure looks like witness tampering to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2022 7:05 PM

The committee has all the receipts.

They used recordings of the security at the capitol on J6 identifying tourists who were armed.

POTUS demanded the mags be bypassed for the tourists!! He said they are not here to hurt me!

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2022 7:05 PM

I wonder how often the Secret Service had to prevent Trump from doing things that were not safe, and how often he had a temper tantrum and attacked them and threw food about it?

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2022 7:06 PM

Yep. Now we go to the next chapter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2022 7:06 PM

[quote]This message she received sure looks like witness tampering to me.

Mafia stuff.

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2022 7:06 PM

She’s sexy

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2022 7:07 PM

From within the vile ranks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2022 7:08 PM

bullet points, please.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2022 7:08 PM

The witness is young and attractive. Giuliani the Lech asked her on January 02,2021 if she was excited about J6!

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2022 7:08 PM

[quote]Looks like Trump needs an effing great lawyer.

Someone other than Giuliani?

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2022 7:09 PM

Also from within the ilk:

Frank Luntz @FrankLuntz Not only was today’s hearing devastating to Donald Trump, I’m told by law experts that people will end up in jail as a result.

Today’s hearings will have serious legal, political, and electoral consequences. Guaranteed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2022 7:09 PM

From Mr. Kellyanne Conway:

Chairman Thompson, in essence, to heretofore uncooperative and untruthful Trumpers:

CALL US NOW AT 1-800-SAVE-UR-ASS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2022 7:10 PM

Giuliani has not yet been arrested because he put his hands in his pants (yet again) and no one wants to them out of there. Eww!

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2022 7:11 PM

[quote]Looks like Trump needs an effing great lawyer.

"I be best."

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2022 7:11 PM

Today makes you realize how incredibly small and unintelligent Mark Meadows is. And this guy was Chief of Staff. What a shit show.

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2022 7:12 PM

Tiny hands, you're the one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2022 7:13 PM

I'd pay anything to see Mark Meadows' face right now.

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2022 7:13 PM

Third party witness tampering is so Organized Crime boss.

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2022 7:13 PM

GOP trying to minimize the testimony:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2022 7:13 PM

"I need good lawyer too, can you recommend?"

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2022 7:14 PM

Juliette Kayyem @juliettekayyem Ship. Rats. Here we go. . . .🇺🇸

retweeting:

Mick Mulvaney @MickMulvaney My guess is that before this is over, we will be hearing testimony from Ornato, Engle, and Meadows.

This is explosive stuff. If Cassidy is making this up, they will need to say that. If she isn't they will have to corroborate.

I know her. I don't think she is lying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2022 7:14 PM

[quote] Today makes you realize how incredibly small and unintelligent Mark Meadows is. And this guy was Chief of Staff.

Nonsense. He always took my calls and heeded my advice, so I would know.

Oh wait....

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2022 7:15 PM

The Lincoln Project has been able to reconstruct the busy early afternoon of Mark Meadows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2022 7:21 PM

[quote]They used recordings of the security at the capitol on J6 identifying tourists who were armed. POTUS demanded the mags be bypassed for the tourists!! He said they are not here to hurt me!

He was right. And that's exactly why after the start of the insurrection the white house didn't ask for any police or extra secret service officers to guard the white house

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2022 7:21 PM

Trump is on Truth Social claiming he hardly k ows Cassidy Hutchison. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2022 7:21 PM

My eyes were bulging out of the sockets this afternoon, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2022 7:23 PM

"You misspelled "skank," R29, "you're a 'skank whore' regardless of whichever shit hole country shat you out."

by Anonymousreply 36June 28, 2022 7:23 PM

Who was the one who sent the witness tampering message? Any guesses?

by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2022 7:24 PM

Brilliant of the committee to open with photos of the witness with all of the (usual) suspects.

They can't possibly claim "I don't know her".

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2022 7:24 PM

Mixed metaphor R35.

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2022 7:24 PM

R35, I loved the revelatory bit about Trump lunging at the Secret Service agent!

Oh, to have been a fly inside that motorcade!

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2022 7:26 PM

America's Betrayer gets my vote, R37; he or Justice Ginni.

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2022 7:26 PM

[quote]Who was the one who sent the witness tampering message? Any guesses?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2022 7:27 PM

The ABC guy they hired to produce these hearings deserves an Emmy for producing this as a cogent, fluid, connected reality show in real time.

He's brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2022 7:27 PM

The President tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power so he could remain in office after he lost the election. There is no disputing that.

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2022 7:28 PM

R43 Agreed, but they could have gone on for another hour today. Maybe let another Committee member ask some questions.

by Anonymousreply 45June 28, 2022 7:30 PM

No, two hours is best for Americans' limited attention spans.

by Anonymousreply 46June 28, 2022 7:33 PM

The witness tampering notes appear to be written by a grade school student, it is obvious who wrote the notes.

by Anonymousreply 47June 28, 2022 7:33 PM

I watched all these hearings and they were really fascinating. Really entertaining. But what is it you want me to do, again?

by Anonymousreply 48June 28, 2022 7:34 PM

Agree but kinda disagree, R45.

It's like portion control: people will tune in to future hearings knowing that they are tight, informative and manageable. I personally would love longer, but the quantity of brief hearings keeps the perps perpetually wondering when it is going to be their turn in the hot seat.

by Anonymousreply 49June 28, 2022 7:35 PM

exactly, wtf is gonna happen? nothing.

by Anonymousreply 50June 28, 2022 7:36 PM

R48 Pay attention. Cell phone grabbed by FBI. Early morning raid sequestering documents. And that's just what we know had happened in the last week.

by Anonymousreply 51June 28, 2022 7:36 PM

David Muir's team has shed Krispy Kreme but added another magat for analysis who spoke in the most general and guarded terms.

For the last time, there are no good magats. Their analysis is not required or wanted.

by Anonymousreply 52June 28, 2022 7:37 PM

R50 Trump is not going to be President again, that's what's NOT going to happen.

If DeSantis wins and is President, will that be better? Unknown.

by Anonymousreply 53June 28, 2022 7:37 PM

i knew that.

by Anonymousreply 54June 28, 2022 7:39 PM

DJT was watching and this is the best he could come up with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 28, 2022 7:40 PM

Don't they already have Jordan's phone info?

Dude, you are going to find out what it is like to be butt raped with nobody coming to help.

by Anonymousreply 56June 28, 2022 7:41 PM

R55, Trump always claims suddenly "not to know" who somebody is after they've crossed him. He'd probably say the same thing about Melania -- "I don't know her"

[quote] "I hardly know this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her"

by Anonymousreply 57June 28, 2022 7:43 PM

Excuse me. Desatan lost the gubernatorial election to a closeted gay black guy. DeSatan was installed as the Governor on a technicality just as Dump was installed as POTUS back in 2016 after losing the popular vote to Hillary Clinton.

Stop bringing up that creep.

These hearings are exposing all of the rot and corruption of maga. There will be collateral damage to both parties and all three branches of government when they are done, they have the receipts.

Dump? Didn't do this alone as these hearings clearly show.

by Anonymousreply 58June 28, 2022 7:48 PM

I expect they have discovered footage of some of these incidents in the raw video footage that they obtained from the British filmmaker last week. I expect they are going to let people go out and trash the witness and accuse of her lying etc…..and then in the final hearing, we will see the video footage of some of these actual events.

by Anonymousreply 59June 28, 2022 7:49 PM

Both parties, R58? Why would the Democrats be brought down because of this? Try again.

by Anonymousreply 60June 28, 2022 7:49 PM

Stay tuned, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 61June 28, 2022 7:50 PM

[quote] I watched all these hearings and they were really fascinating. Really entertaining. But what is it you want me to do, again?

I am sure that even the non-lawyers understand the huge risk of bringing charges against a former President based on hearsay testimony. Garland must wait until he has first-hand evidence of Trump's state of mind based on verbal or written statements.

This young woman's testimony is a treasure map.

by Anonymousreply 62June 28, 2022 7:51 PM

R58 You dislike DeSantis. We get it. I dislike DeSantis. But the clear effect of these hearings (so far) is that suddenly DeSantis is a viable alternative to a weakened Trump... for the MAGA base. You don't like it, but that's the most (measurable) result of these hearings... to date.

by Anonymousreply 63June 28, 2022 7:52 PM

Use the patriot act on all of them.

by Anonymousreply 64June 28, 2022 7:53 PM

I hate it when the trolls show up.

by Anonymousreply 65June 28, 2022 7:54 PM

"dislike".

That is the wrong word to use for maga.

Did you watch the hearings today?

by Anonymousreply 66June 28, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote]I'd pay anything to see Mark Meadows' face right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 28, 2022 7:55 PM

I wonder if Cassidy will sit for any news interviews. Everyone will want her.

by Anonymousreply 68June 28, 2022 7:56 PM

[quote] You don't like it, but that's the most (measurable) result of these hearings... to date.

???? Deplorables LOVE Dump. Even moreso discovering that he is lying, corrupt wannabe mafiaso scum. DeSantis is bewildered: "How low do I have to go?!"

by Anonymousreply 69June 28, 2022 7:58 PM

"I wonder if Cassidy will sit for any news interviews. Everyone will want her"

Im going to guess NOT. She has the all the MAGAT nazis on her ass now. She is going to lie low, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 70June 28, 2022 8:00 PM

Snipers were perched in trees outside the capitol. Security detail could identify who was armed and the type of weaponry they carried.

Maga leader instructed security to let them bypass the gates and went on to say, they aren't here to hurt me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 28, 2022 8:00 PM

The worst MAGAs will think he was right to try to overturn the election since they still believe it was stolen.

by Anonymousreply 72June 28, 2022 8:02 PM

R72 It's worse than that... hardcore MAGA love him grabbing power EVEN THOUGH he lost the election. Power is the goal, any means at all is "good"...

And you guys thought I was supporting DeSantis? Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 73June 28, 2022 8:06 PM

I know it will take awhile but I'll patiently wait for Columbo's 'GOTCHA" moment.

by Anonymousreply 74June 28, 2022 8:08 PM

The committee players recordings of security identifying armed tourists on J6 and used photographs of the suspects to accompany the recordings.

They have all the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 75June 28, 2022 8:08 PM

R72, nobody cares what they think/want. They're a Jonestownian cult at this point. If only somebody would prepare some grape kool-aid...

by Anonymousreply 76June 28, 2022 8:10 PM

Same r76. There are no good nazis.

The committee played recordings of security identifying armed tourists on J6 and used photographs of the suspects to accompany the recordings.

They have all the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 77June 28, 2022 8:11 PM

"White male, in a tree, wearing cowboy boots, has an ar15" , photos were used for illustration as the recording of the security detail was played

by Anonymousreply 78June 28, 2022 8:14 PM

Ben Rhodes is on MSNBC doing the post-mortem. Um um um....He floods Mama's basement. I wanna kidnap him after "arms day" and tongue bathe him til his eyes roll back in his head. What a cutie!!

by Anonymousreply 79June 28, 2022 8:17 PM

Person. Woman. Camera. TV. Fucked.

by Anonymousreply 80June 28, 2022 8:22 PM

I can’t believe those mean Secret Service agents wouldn’t let Trump go smear his feces on the Capitol with the rest of his friends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 28, 2022 8:24 PM

DeSantis will be worse in many respects as he is as big a Right Wing bully as Trump but smarter when it comes to getting away with shit.

Much like Liz Cheney's dad.

by Anonymousreply 82June 28, 2022 8:26 PM

Magats are so tedious. A waste of time and energy.

by Anonymousreply 83June 28, 2022 8:27 PM

It's good that there are Republicans who have integrity.

by Anonymousreply 84June 28, 2022 8:30 PM

Michael Flynn was specifically asked if he believes in a peaceful transfer of power and he plead the fifth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 28, 2022 8:34 PM

^ traitor

by Anonymousreply 86June 28, 2022 8:37 PM

Michael Thomas Flynn (born December 24, 1958) is a retired United States Army lieutenant general who was the 24th U.S. National Security Advisor for the first 22 days of the Trump administration.

He resigned in light of reports that he had lied regarding conversations with Sergey Kislyak.

Flynn's military career included a key role in shaping U.S. counterterrorism strategy and dismantling insurgent networks in the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars, and he was given numerous combat arms, conventional, and special operations senior intelligence assignments.

He became the 18th director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in July 2012 until his forced retirement from the military in August 2014.

During his tenure he gave a lecture on leadership at the Moscow headquarters of the Russian military intelligence directorate GRU, the first American official to be admitted entry to the headquarters

After leaving the military, in October 2014 he established Flynn Intel Group, which provided intelligence services for businesses and governments, including in Turkey.

In December 2015, Flynn was paid $45,000 to deliver a Moscow speech at the ten-year anniversary celebration of RT, a state-controlled Russian international television network, where he sat next to Russian president Vladimir Putin at his banquet table.

In February 2016, Flynn became a national security advisor to Trump for his 2016 presidential campaign.

In March 2017, Flynn retroactively registered as a foreign agent, acknowledging that in 2016 he had conducted paid lobbying work that may have benefited Turkey's government.

On January 22, 2017, Flynn was sworn in as the National Security Advisor.

On February 13, 2017, he resigned after information surfaced that he had misled Vice President Mike Pence and others about the nature and content of his communications with Russian ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak.

Flynn's tenure as the National Security Advisor is the shortest in the history of the position.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 28, 2022 8:43 PM

She's now officially my third favorite Cassidy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2022 8:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2022 8:44 PM

I was hoping for doozy of a hearing to change the subject SCOTUS, and boy did we get it. That was incredible. I do seriously wonder if she was fucking Meadows, though I'm not going to hold it against her. She's got more balls than all the MAGAs put together.

Now that the floodgate has open, I wonder if marginally (and I use that term loosely) like Pat Cipollone will testify to demonstrate he was the only adult in the room. I also wonder if this finally forces the Army to court martial Flynn. I've articles stating that it's more complicated than it seems, but now that his intent to overthrow the government is crystal clear, it's hard to imagine how they can justify not doing it.

by Anonymousreply 90June 28, 2022 8:46 PM

Obviously 2nd fav.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 28, 2022 8:47 PM

Pathetic how the right is trying desperate to spin this:

She's lying!!! --Cassidy H has absolutely no reason to lie.

Trump couldn't have tried to grab the steering wheel of the car to get to the Capitol because his limo has a glass between the passengers and the driver!! --um, all the video shows he rode in an SUV that day, not the limo.

by Anonymousreply 92June 28, 2022 8:52 PM

A rogue scotus and maga are related. Three justices were installed by maga for lifetime appointments.

One justice never tried a case before being given a lifetime appointment to scoutus.

These hearings are exposing everything in black and white terms.

Watch Cheney ask Flynn if he believes in the peaceful transfer of power.

When the dust settles we will see those three appointments declared illegal.

These hearings are 🔥 🔥 🔥.

by Anonymousreply 93June 28, 2022 8:54 PM

We should outlaw the Repug party just like Germany outlawed the Nazis after the war

by Anonymousreply 94June 28, 2022 9:01 PM

R93 I don’t see how Supreme Court appointments could be “declared illegal” even if Trump is convicted of a crime. He was the President when he appointed them. I wish at least Thomas could be impeached, though.

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2022 9:02 PM

The time has come for grassroots Democrats to stand up and tell Biden and the Garland/DOJ: Either there are indictments of Trump, Flynn, Eastman, Giuliani, Meadows and the lot of the traitors by election day or we, the people, will simply not vote. Yes, I know it's tantamount to shooting ourselves in the foot, but the question I pose in reply is this: if we don't have the rule of law, why have a country at all? Why participate in their destruction of our republic?

Either we put these traitors in prison for the rest of their lives (hopefully, short; see: Epstein) or we should just give up and learn to live in a fascist state with no human rights... because that's where we're headed with this GOP and SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2022 9:04 PM

Trump knew his followers were carrying weapons. He ordered law enforcement to let them keep the weapons, and he told the crowd to go to the Capitol and "fight." This was obviously a coup.

by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2022 9:05 PM

Don't care about anyone's feelings.

This is not about your feelings.

Watch the hearings on YouTube.

A former high ranking member of the US military would not answer if he believes in the peaceful transfer of power.

by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2022 9:07 PM

They can't, r95.

by Anonymousreply 99June 28, 2022 9:08 PM

Maga is scum.

by Anonymousreply 100June 28, 2022 9:10 PM

I cannot stand Liz Cheney or her political views, but she's a hell of a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 101June 28, 2022 9:12 PM

I hope this boils down to Trump's prosecution, as he was Commander in Chief, being transferred to a DoD tribunal.

Gitmo, here he comes.

by Anonymousreply 102June 28, 2022 9:14 PM

"I don’t see how Supreme Court appointments could be “declared illegal” even if Trump is convicted of a crime"

I don't see how high ranking military personnel refuses to say he believes in a peaceful transition of power.

I don't see how potus can attempt to lead an armed insurrection against the American people and kill VPOTUS yet,

HERE WE ARE.

🔥 🔥 🔥

by Anonymousreply 103June 28, 2022 9:15 PM

Cassidy, let me know when Gym calls...

Jordan is so fucked.

by Anonymousreply 104June 28, 2022 9:20 PM

I need to see more of Adam Kinzinger. I'm afraid Trump will send DeSantis to beat up DL's All American Man. Kinzinger is pretty sexy and strong, but sadly DeSantis could crush him if given the orders.

by Anonymousreply 105June 28, 2022 9:31 PM

With Flynn and his testimony, I thought once you "took the fifth" during questioning, whatever other questions they ask, you have to "take the fifth". Once you invoke the fifth, you can no longer answer any other questions. Any legal people know the answer to this?

by Anonymousreply 106June 28, 2022 9:34 PM

Keshhup on the wallsh!

by Anonymousreply 107June 28, 2022 9:38 PM

Does anyone want to speculate about what Trump actually planned to do? He thought it was very important to go to the Capitol. He was very angry and disappointed he couldn’t go. If he had gone, they would have opened the door for him, he was the President. Maybe they would have assumed he was there to address the mob and tell them to go home. But what was he really going to do?

My guess is, lead the mob inside, open the door for them and go searching room to room for Pence and drag him outside to be hanged on their scaffold.

So, how did that scaffold come to be there? Did Ginni Thomas arrange to have it transported there? A lot of those people were from somewhere else. They weren’t carrying a scaffold in their airline luggage. How did it get there? How did somebody just happen to build it? Did Trump know it was going to be there? How far in advance did someone have to buy the lumber, build it, and assemble it on site?

Did Trump know the mob was calling for Nancy Pelosi to be dragged out? Did he know some of the mob was calling for Pelosi, AOC and others to be raped, forced to “confess” and executed? If those things had happened, they would have happened while Trump was in the building, if he’d gotten his way. How was he going to explain all this? “This is what happens when you oppose me, this is the new normal for everyone from now on”? People would have been terrified. Spineless Republican politicians would have gone along with him or helped him cover up what happened.

I know all this sounds impossible, but why did Trump need to go there so badly?

by Anonymousreply 108June 28, 2022 9:39 PM

I don't think that's correct, r106.

by Anonymousreply 109June 28, 2022 9:42 PM

All of Dump's inner circle were waiting in the tent (being entertained and blown by the dancing whore Guilfoyle) and awaiting the news that the mob had taken over the Capital and taken prisoners, etc. Then they thought they'd walk on stage and declare Dump President for life, like the ending to a game show. After that, he would've ordered the executions of Pelosi, Pence, and all opposition to Dump to take place.

I think many Americans have no clue about how close this coup came to succeeding. Thanks to the 1/6 committee and brave witnesses like Cassidy.

by Anonymousreply 110June 28, 2022 9:44 PM

I was there gays!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 28, 2022 9:51 PM

🦗 🦗 🦗 🦗 🦗

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 28, 2022 9:51 PM

Trump choking SS:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 28, 2022 9:53 PM

From a fashion psychology perspective, I appreciate Cassidy Hutchinson's wardrobe today. Her choice of black and white powerfully underscores her testimony, the committee's message, and the hearings in general.

by Anonymousreply 114June 28, 2022 9:53 PM

She absolutely destroyed Trump and Meadows. I'm thinking the fact she's physically very attractive probably encouraged those old men to show off in front of her.

by Anonymousreply 115June 28, 2022 9:55 PM

Slightly OT, the local the news here in New York just reported that Mayor Adams has ordered the Police Commissioner to investigate Giuliani for falsely reporting a crime over the backslapping incident.

by Anonymousreply 116June 28, 2022 9:57 PM

[quote]My guess is, lead the mob inside, open the door for them and go searching room to room for Pence and drag him outside to be hanged on their scaffold.

Yes, stand on the steps of the Capitol, encourage the mob to kill the traitors and declare himself King (or whatever).

I wonder who they were talking to on the phone when they brushed off Cassidy. I'm guessing it was someone (or some group) over at DoD, trying to tell them to stay out of the fray for now, but have troops descend once he's taken control

by Anonymousreply 117June 28, 2022 9:58 PM

Is Miss Lindzebelle back in Mar-a-Lago, after leaving for a day and a half, to console Orange Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 118June 28, 2022 9:58 PM

R114 Loved her diamond circle necklace and earrings.

by Anonymousreply 119June 28, 2022 9:58 PM

Maybe the media is finally understanding that Trump really and truly wants anyone who opposes him dead. He wants his enemies dead. He wanted Pence killed, Pelosi killed, Hillary killed, etc. He wants to be a dicator who can order executions.

by Anonymousreply 120June 28, 2022 9:58 PM

That was stunning. She knew where all the bodies were buried. She better be given major protection because the Trumpsters will try to get her.

by Anonymousreply 121June 28, 2022 9:59 PM

Rep. Liz Cheney: Do you believe the violence on January 6 was justified morally?

Michael Flynn: Fifth [Amendment].

Cheney: Do you believe the violence on January 6 was justified legally?

Flynn: Fifth.

Cheney: Do you believe in the peaceful transfer of power?

Flynn: Fifth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 28, 2022 9:59 PM

“Yes, I know it's tantamount to shooting ourselves in the foot,”

I’m not making rash decisions under the smoke of chaos. Isn’t that what they want us to do?

by Anonymousreply 123June 28, 2022 10:02 PM

This has to violate some sort of military crimes as well.

Where is JAG?

by Anonymousreply 124June 28, 2022 10:04 PM

How about a warning for r4’s video. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 125June 28, 2022 10:05 PM

I don't think there's anything stupider than him thinking "I don't know her" would absolve him. It's always the surrounding staff who see things the main players do not.

by Anonymousreply 126June 28, 2022 10:06 PM

Yes, if he could've gotten away with it, Dump would have lined up Democrats, the press, and anyone else who opposed him in front of a firing squad then dumped the bodies in a shallow ditch (a la Saddam Hussein). Anyone who thinks he WOULDN'T do something like that has not been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 127June 28, 2022 10:06 PM

As someone pointed out on Twitter: Why is Mike Flynn getting a pension from taxpayers of a nation he wanted to overthrow? Fuck that terrorist cunt. He needs to be executed for what he has done.

by Anonymousreply 128June 28, 2022 10:07 PM

Yes, R108, that’s my question as well.

Just what was the plan? He was obviously intent on being there, but for what? He was so pissed that they didn’t go there that he threw his lunch against the wall in his fury.

Was/is he deluded enough to think that once the terrorists entered the Senate chambers and took over the room, he was going to declare himself king/emperor/supreme commander of the United States?

That is truly insane.

by Anonymousreply 129June 28, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote] With Flynn and his testimony, I thought once you "took the fifth" during questioning, whatever other questions they ask, you have to "take the fifth". Once you invoke the fifth, you can no longer answer any other questions. Any legal people know the answer to this?

No, it is an invocation of your constitutional right against self-incrimination. You are not required to invoke it -- ever -- even if you've already done so in sworn testimony.

by Anonymousreply 130June 28, 2022 10:08 PM

[quote] I thought once you "took the fifth" during questioning, whatever other questions they ask, you have to "take the fifth". Once you invoke the fifth, you can no longer answer any other questions.

R106 That is incorrect. Not every question could incriminate you, being asked if you shot that victim could incriminate you, then being asked what type of car you drive might not. Often people who take the fifth will just answer the Fifth to everything as a Fuck You to the questioners. There is no penalty for taking the Fifth.

by Anonymousreply 131June 28, 2022 10:09 PM

Holy shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 28, 2022 10:10 PM

Is the fifth amendment open for Supreme Court review now?

by Anonymousreply 133June 28, 2022 10:10 PM

I think everybody just misunderstood poor Mike Flynn r122.

He thought he was placing a drink order.

by Anonymousreply 134June 28, 2022 10:10 PM

I want to know why they didn't ask Cassidy about Mark Meadows burning documents in his White House fireplace.

by Anonymousreply 135June 28, 2022 10:11 PM

[quote] " Loved her diamond circle necklace and earrings."

Yes, R119. In addition to being symbolic, Her look was also attractive.

by Anonymousreply 136June 28, 2022 10:13 PM

Trump once said

“You see the mob takes the Fifth,” he said. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 28, 2022 10:13 PM

He was trying to get to Pence. Whether that meant to suck his army on him or to convince him in person remember that day he was obsessed with Pence. He tried to have him kidnapped. I suspect they will get to that.

He wanted Pence isolated one way or the other.

by Anonymousreply 138June 28, 2022 10:13 PM

Showing out in front of a cute 23 year old is exactly what they were doing.

The witness escorted ghouliani out of the white house on January 2 when he asked HER if she was excited about J6!

Why is this a bullet point?

Because maga can't say J6 was spontaneous.

The tourists received reconnaissance tours by members of congress.

The tourists showed up in apparel with the date J6 printed on their garments.

Maga demanded the security gates be taken down for tourists who were identified as armed by cops.

Maga tried to grab the steering wheel of the presidential car to drive himself to the capitol to lead the charge.

Maga told his handlers, "they are not here to hurt me"!

by Anonymousreply 139June 28, 2022 10:15 PM

Re R132: I never got that "Free Melania" nonsense. She's complicit as she is just like him, personality-wise.

A match made in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 140June 28, 2022 10:16 PM

R129, it all implies that somebody besides Trump knows what the plan was that day. Does Pat Cipilloni know? Mark Meadows? If Meadows has immunity, he can’t decline to answer questions for things he has immunity about. And supposedly Ginni Thomas paid for buses to transport these people, their hotel rooms were paid for…who did that, and what did they know? They must have known months in advance. How long in advance were the rooms paid for?

Has anyone besides me noticed that the witnesses that have the biggest balls are women? And the men are all cowards.

by Anonymousreply 141June 28, 2022 10:16 PM

[quote]But the clear effect of these hearings (so far) is that suddenly DeSantis is a viable alternative to a weakened Trump... for the MAGA base.

I'm not so sure. Trump was a phenomenon. I'm not sure they can bottle his bullshit. Plus, he's not going away, whether he gets the nomination or not. He will be manipulating the Maggats until he dies. He will not be succeeded. This is about him, not the party. Trump couldn't bear to have De Satan or anyone else become the next Trump.

by Anonymousreply 142June 28, 2022 10:16 PM

Melanie was obstructing justice. She had a legal duty to act.

You can add another felony crime to the Trump Crime Family.

by Anonymousreply 143June 28, 2022 10:18 PM

[quote] Plus, he's not going away, whether he gets the nomination or not. He will be manipulating the Maggats until he dies. He will not be succeeded. This is about him, not the party.

So true - MAGA is *his* grift and no one will take that from him. That's really the only benefit of his continuing to live - that he'll shit all over whoever tries to take the MAGA crown. Even the people that he endorsed are fair game, particularly if he feels trapped, but they're not loyal enough

by Anonymousreply 144June 28, 2022 10:19 PM

If Elon buys twitter he will immediately put tump back on there and he will rally his army again. That must not happen.

by Anonymousreply 145June 28, 2022 10:19 PM

"Melanie" sic was in the White House that day, with a photographer, working on some book about her great transformation of the decor.

by Anonymousreply 146June 28, 2022 10:20 PM

Melanie will not receive a pass.

The best thing she can go is take her ass back to Slovenia.

It really looks beautiful over there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 28, 2022 10:20 PM

Oh Merrick....Merrick....what do you think now?? Is this enough for you??

by Anonymousreply 148June 28, 2022 10:20 PM

R142, I’m thinking right about now Fox News may attempt to pull away. Hannity was advising Trump for months. Does Fox have any legal exposure, are its employees open to charges? Hannity would be a good witness, he probably knows everything. Somebody needs to turn up the heat under him, he’ll sing like a canary. Blowhards like him are cowards.

by Anonymousreply 149June 28, 2022 10:21 PM

The Flynn fifth was insane and so dismal. My god slime who were all over that presidency. POKER PLAYERS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 28, 2022 10:24 PM

[quote]Trump couldn't bear to have De Satan or anyone else become the next Trump.

Exactly. The MAGAT movement gives him a degree of raw, unchecked power that he never had before. Not as a businessman, TV personality or even POTUS. He's not going to let anyone take that away from him. He'll be happy to have the whole thing die with him.

by Anonymousreply 151June 28, 2022 10:26 PM

Can a lawyer explain how Meadow's lawyer proceeds from here?

by Anonymousreply 152June 28, 2022 10:27 PM

That illegal immigrant whore should be deported.

by Anonymousreply 153June 28, 2022 10:29 PM

IF Biden is running again I actually want Trump to run, Trump might be the only Republican Biden could beat. Yeah I know, dangerous to take that chance but I am not sure at this point that any Republican is safe to elect.

by Anonymousreply 154June 28, 2022 10:29 PM

The MAGA cult members will never change their minds. They’re all over social media defending him.

Now the Supreme Court has stepped in and made it more difficult for African Americans in this country to have fair voting representation in Illinois, and here is testimony, that this man lunged at his SS and had zero concerns about the safety of his VP, claiming Pence deserved to be lynched.

I feel so much desperation. I don’t know how we are going ti hang on to democracy, when brainwashed cultists our and even our Supreme Court, are hell bent on destroying it.

I don’t know if we will overcome this in my lifetime. I am not sure that we can hang on, when corruption is king.

by Anonymousreply 155June 28, 2022 10:29 PM

Of course, the morons can't figure out that the only reason they believe the election was stolen is because HE and his evil minions told them it was without showing them a shred of real evidence. It's a mobius strip of lying to a batch of gullible morons.

by Anonymousreply 156June 28, 2022 10:30 PM

I would never vote for him, but to see DeSantis beat trump, and erode trump's MAGA position...fading away into the sunset, would be so delicious.

by Anonymousreply 157June 28, 2022 10:30 PM

Why were tourists screeching hang VPOTUS?

Because VPOTUS was responsible for counting the electoral votes in an election won by Biden.

Why was Senator Grassley planning to count the electoral votes and openly stating the VPOTUS would not be available for the count?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 28, 2022 10:33 PM

[quote] Of course, the morons can't figure out that the only reason they believe the election was stolen is because HE and his evil minions told them it was without showing them a shred of real evidence.

The ones posting on Yahoo comments still believe that 2000 Mules movie is irrefutable proof that the election was stolen. Doesn't matter that even Bill Barr claimed that movie was BullShit. Nothing you can say will convince them that movie isn't the God Honest Truth.

by Anonymousreply 159June 28, 2022 10:34 PM

Apparently the SS agents are now saying they will testify Trump never went apeshit on them, but I don't believe them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 28, 2022 10:35 PM

2000 mules?

by Anonymousreply 161June 28, 2022 10:36 PM

Can someone explain Chuck Grassley’s role here.

by Anonymousreply 162June 28, 2022 10:36 PM

Grassley has been protecting the Trumps, in particular Jr., from the very beginning, especially during the Mueller investigation. He was obviously in on the planning of the coup by announcing ahead of time Pence wouldn't be there.

I firmly now believe Trump expected Pence to be killed or kidnapped and held somewhere so he couldn't certify the vote. And Grassley was in on it.

by Anonymousreply 163June 28, 2022 10:39 PM

Just reported on ABC news that Secret Service wants to testify under oath to dispute that Trump grabbed the steering wheel.

by Anonymousreply 164June 28, 2022 10:47 PM

I am so glad that Cassidy did NOT wear a cross pendant.

by Anonymousreply 165June 28, 2022 10:48 PM

The same SS who Pence didn't trust and that's why he refused to get into the car?

by Anonymousreply 166June 28, 2022 10:49 PM

And I'm pretty sure that at least in Illinois when you announce your intention to take the Fifth, that's fine and your right, but you then can't pick and choose which answers you will answer and which you won't. You either take the Fifth or you don't. Lawyers will continue asking specific questions just to get your pleading on the record. I don't know if that's federal or not, but I have seen that several times in Illinois depositions and hearings.

by Anonymousreply 167June 28, 2022 10:49 PM

^how does this make sense - surely they've had their opportunity to testify under oath.

By all means, testify, but I would've thought the SS agents would've been in the early rounds of questioning

by Anonymousreply 168June 28, 2022 10:50 PM

The Fifth is Federal, though, so it would be all states. ?

Do we have any lawyers here?

by Anonymousreply 169June 28, 2022 10:50 PM

We all know he did, though, r164. We all know that overgrown toddler would totally do that shit, and we all know that part of the job of the Secret Service is to lie to protect the president, even if the president is a complete asshole. I won't believe a word that comes out of the mouth of any Secret Service agent paid to keep the secrets of any president.

by Anonymousreply 170June 28, 2022 10:51 PM

Chuck Grassley is nearly 90. Setting aside the fact that he was in on the coup/kidnapping of Pence, HE IS TOO GODDAMNED OLD!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 171June 28, 2022 10:51 PM

Damn, SS has lost a lot of credibility.

I believe Cassidy on this.

They wouldn’t have told her the story otherwise. Why would they make that up?

They wanted to establish just how pissed off and unhinged the trumptard was when he wasn’t allowed to go to the capitol.

by Anonymousreply 172June 28, 2022 10:53 PM

You give maga credit they don't deserve.

They are not gullible, they're magats.

Magats don't believe in the rule of law. They don't believe in a peaceful transition of power. In short, they hate democracy and hate America.

Holding a hearing in the same week a rogue scotus has reversed a 50 year legal precedent? Smart. Strategic.

Someone upthread asked if Democrats are involved in maga.

There are two Democrat senators who consistently vote maga and are holding up the Democratic majority.

When this committee is done, all the maga dots in all three branches of power will be connected.

We will see some really ugly shit.

I was shocked by today's hearing. I am grateful my job allows me to leave work early to watch these hearings.

by Anonymousreply 173June 28, 2022 10:53 PM

Who cares if the SS disputes the steering-wheel-grabbing? The main point of today's testimony is that Trump knew the mob was armed, he gave orders for them to stay armed, and then urged them to go to the Capitol and fight. He's a common insurrectionist who should be tried, convicted, and punished to the full extent of the law. The choking and ketchup are just the icing on the crap cake.

by Anonymousreply 174June 28, 2022 10:55 PM

I wonder if he planned to personally murder Mike Pence.

by Anonymousreply 175June 28, 2022 10:56 PM

And pay attention to the magats who keep bringing up desatan over and over again.

Desatan allowed rapid covid tests to expire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 28, 2022 10:57 PM

R173 Exactly. For most of MAGA world today's depictions of Trump make him MORE appealing.

I do think that the Trump choking the driver story, although delicious, wasn't helpful in the long run... it was presented as hearsay and now, just like clockwork, "oh, it never happened.." which for some will just confirm that the whole thing is political stagecraft.

by Anonymousreply 177June 28, 2022 10:57 PM

This committee wants more witnesses. To testify under oath.

by Anonymousreply 178June 28, 2022 10:59 PM

Fox Noise called today's testimony "devastating". LOLOL

Coming up on Tucker Carlson: caravan of nonbinary ANTIFA islamofascists reach the Mexican border!

by Anonymousreply 179June 28, 2022 11:03 PM

If there is indeed actually Secret Service wanting to discredit her it must be because they've taken part in far more sinister shit than the infant man child pitching a baby bitch fit and needing to attack someone.

by Anonymousreply 180June 28, 2022 11:08 PM

I agree the lurid vulgarity laced anecdotes about tablecloth pulling, china smashing, dripping ketchup on the moiré wallpaper, and steering wheel snatching were weak distractions to the main events and story lines.

by Anonymousreply 181June 28, 2022 11:10 PM

Fox is focusing on the most important thing....Hunter Biden's laptop

by Anonymousreply 182June 28, 2022 11:11 PM

For whoever's floating the rumors that the SS agents are ready to discredit the "beast" choking story: those agents already testified to the committee in private. The J6 committee would NOT put this testimony out there if it contradicted other witnesses. Lawyers can get disbarred for doing that.

by Anonymousreply 183June 28, 2022 11:12 PM

[quote]I agree the lurid vulgarity laced anecdotes about tablecloth pulling, china smashing, dripping ketchup on the moiré wallpaper, and steering wheel snatching were weak distractions to the main events and story lines.

I'm not a lawyer (but I watch lawyers on TV), but wasn't the purpose of all that to establish his state of mind? He was in a rage and he'd do anything to get his way. So he can't really blame it on being caught up in the moment or being surrounded by bad people.

by Anonymousreply 184June 28, 2022 11:12 PM

r181 "lurid vulgarity" MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 185June 28, 2022 11:15 PM

The wallpaper was MOIRÉ???

by Anonymousreply 186June 28, 2022 11:18 PM

Well, Moire and ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 187June 28, 2022 11:20 PM

R184 yes of course it was to establish Trump's frame of mind. But it was still weak and not necessary. I can deal with it. But his camp will use it in other ways, to discredit. And the Amurica Fuck Yeah crowd will like it because they LOVE Trump, The Bully. The fake mafia don.

by Anonymousreply 188June 28, 2022 11:21 PM

makes a coat!

by Anonymousreply 189June 28, 2022 11:22 PM

Dump is so fucking stupid. I don't her. Let's just say for argument's sake he doesn't not recall her for four years working in the White House. That does not mean she can't overhear or be present when he was doing and saying crazy shit. A lot of strangers became witnesses to crimes or crazy white women losing their shit and making scenes in public.

by Anonymousreply 190June 28, 2022 11:23 PM

On a related topic: this woman dropped a five-mile-long stretch of bombshells today, and the only story they're anonymously denying is the choking story?

LOLOL PATHETIC.

by Anonymousreply 191June 28, 2022 11:24 PM

That "I don't know her" shit is so stale and lazy and stupid. He's like the PR rep that has only been there two weeks and just has no idea what to say. Can't we just say you don't know her?

by Anonymousreply 192June 28, 2022 11:26 PM

Here's the West Wing private dining room. OK no moiré, which I invented just to glam up my post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 28, 2022 11:26 PM

For me, one of the depressing/disappointing things is it isn't shocking. I mean, yeah, I totally believe it. He didn't do anything I wouldn't think he was capable of.

by Anonymousreply 194June 28, 2022 11:27 PM

Good Lord, that POS Trump thought nothing of valets having to clean up his thrown food and plates.

Of all the despicable things, the thousands of acts of assholery and crime, that is among the lowest, right there with salving his political and personal insecurities to a group of children- the Boy Scouts of America- and ridiculing a disabled person.

How anybody who voted for Trump, that gelatinous, offensive, agglomeration of shit cells can look themselves in mirror, I'll never know.

I stand by my vote for Hillary and her emails.

And a big, perpetual "Fuck You! to James Comey.

by Anonymousreply 195June 28, 2022 11:27 PM

[quote] Trump, that gelatinous, offensive, agglomeration of shit cells

added to my list of quotes.

by Anonymousreply 196June 28, 2022 11:33 PM

Vis-a-vis MAGAt witness tampering around congressional testimony and the odd case of the wedding planner turned HUD chief from the previous thread, it is my continuing belief that Lynn Patton was Michael Cohen’s mistress, hence her otherwise inexplicable appearance during his testimony.

by Anonymousreply 197June 28, 2022 11:34 PM

Cassidy's office was just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Oval Office. Trump is lying as always.

by Anonymousreply 198June 28, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote]He wanted Pence isolated one way or the other.

I think he thought Pence would be so intimidated by Trump and the mob's presence at/in the Capitol that he would refuse to certify Biden's win ... or at least, that the certification process would have to be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 199June 28, 2022 11:41 PM

Trump wanted the arm-holding MAGATS into the "arena" (whatever that was) because it wasn't packed, they were milling outside the perimeter because of whatever. She said Trump was obsessed with the look of the crowd. This we know well. He is OBSESSED with "great crowd"s

The biggest. The best.

We are curious to know if there was a plan for Trump AT the capitol under assault. But she GAVE some hints of that. They asked her and she said she heard talk about Trump going into the House chamber but she didn't specify for what purpose and she didn't have details. I think that needs more illumination if possible. Not that there wasn't enough to destroy TRUMP in any of his last bouts under a microsope. His two impeachments for example. His zillions of civil proceedings before he was ever a politician.

by Anonymousreply 200June 28, 2022 11:43 PM

Grassley isn't the typical MAGA moron like Gym Jordan - I wonder if the Committee will *go there* as to why he thought he'd need to step in on Pence's behalf.

by Anonymousreply 201June 28, 2022 11:44 PM

[quote]I agree the lurid vulgarity laced anecdotes about tablecloth pulling, china smashing, dripping ketchup on the moiré wallpaper

Was not zee kechup on ze wallpapers.

My poosey too big for American tampons. Need Slovenian paper towel size.

by Anonymousreply 202June 28, 2022 11:44 PM

[quote]Apparently the SS agents are now saying they will testify Trump never went apeshit on them

Ginni Thomas said she'd testify, too. But that ain't happening, either.

by Anonymousreply 203June 28, 2022 11:45 PM

Does she know anything about Gym's hot tubbing exploits?

by Anonymousreply 204June 28, 2022 11:46 PM

[quote] Re [R132]: I never got that "Free Melania" nonsense. She's complicit as she is just like him, personality-wise.

They were separated before the election. The only woman who wanted to be First Lady less was Michelle Obama. Melanoma is a miserable human being but marriage to Trump seems a hellish torture even for her.

by Anonymousreply 205June 28, 2022 11:48 PM

One-time committee investigator Representative Riggleman told Nicole Wallace today that "America hasn't seen anything yet."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 28, 2022 11:53 PM

Still blown away that when Mike Flynn, a retired General, was asked if he believed in the peaceful transition of power, instead of saying yes, he asserted his 5th amendment right to avoid giving an answer that would incriminate him. 6:49 PM · Jun 28, 2022·

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 28, 2022 11:54 PM

The mob would have then taken Pence's body from the scaffold and delivered the head of Mike Pence to Trump, like Herod delivering the head of John the Baptist. Trump would have taken the head to the Senate Chamber and given it to Charles Grassley who would have then thrown the election for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 208June 28, 2022 11:54 PM

You left out the bit where that dumb slut Ivanka would do the Dance of the Seven Veils, R208.

by Anonymousreply 209June 29, 2022 12:03 AM

They will lie or waffle. Much of the Secret Service - which Trump was allowed to pick, adored Trump. And he and Engle were close. Trump ended up giving him an administrative job in the White House.

Biden was allowed to pick as well.

The Secret Service needs a major clean-up.

by Anonymousreply 210June 29, 2022 12:04 AM

The oaf creepers and pound bois are cops.

This committee hasn't even begun to show all their receipts.

by Anonymousreply 211June 29, 2022 12:06 AM

that Republicans on the Judiciary Committee of the House of Representatives would respond this way to Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony demonstrates the extremism of the Republican Party

So does the fact that the committee's ranking Republican member is Jim Jordan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 29, 2022 12:09 AM

R120 here. I want to add that she told the story as she heard it. Ornato told the story happening in "the beast." People love to say that so they sound in the know. So she didn't lie - she told the story as it was told to her.

by Anonymousreply 213June 29, 2022 12:14 AM

Do we know why her testimony was slotted into the schedule at short notice?

by Anonymousreply 214June 29, 2022 12:16 AM

They had safety concerns for her if they waited.

by Anonymousreply 215June 29, 2022 12:18 AM

@brianstelter

"Riveting," @marthamaccallum says on Fox. This does "move the ball," @BretBaier

by Anonymousreply 216June 29, 2022 12:19 AM

Didn't I read that Murdoch had give the "Drop Trump" order?

by Anonymousreply 217June 29, 2022 12:23 AM

So this lady, all she cared about on Jan 6 was where JIM JORDAN was??? Under a slimy rock, that's where. Like they owed Jim fucking Jordan something, that dolt.

by Anonymousreply 218June 29, 2022 12:25 AM

I have to give Liz Cheney credit. She is carefully skewering her prey and cooking it on the barbecue.

by Anonymousreply 219June 29, 2022 12:26 AM

"Today's testimony makes clear that Trump wanted to go to the Capitol with the armed mob, despite warnings not to do so from his advisors.

When the Secret Service ruled out the possibility, the former President erupted in anger in the Suburban he was riding in."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 29, 2022 12:28 AM

This seems like enough to indict Trump. He was the President and he did nothing to stop armed individuals.

by Anonymousreply 221June 29, 2022 12:30 AM

He did more than not stop the terrorist attack on the capitol.

Today's witness was asked by Rudy Guliani if she was excited about the 6th.

He had asked her that question on the 2nd.

by Anonymousreply 222June 29, 2022 12:33 AM

Frank Luntz: Not only was today’s hearing devastating to Donald Trump, I’m told by law experts that people will end up in jail as a result. Today’s hearings will have serious legal, political, and electoral consequences. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 223June 29, 2022 12:33 AM

tRump trying to take the steering wheel and fighting off the secret security guy while laughable will probably have the dirtbag MAGAs thinking he is a macho man.

by Anonymousreply 224June 29, 2022 12:42 AM

His people considered the 25th amendment when he only had a couple weeks left in his term... Devastating.

by Anonymousreply 225June 29, 2022 12:43 AM

They probably will r224, which is really funny cause the agent basically told him to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up and not touch anything.

by Anonymousreply 226June 29, 2022 12:50 AM

"He lunged at that steering wheel like it was a bucket of KFC!!"

by Anonymousreply 227June 29, 2022 12:52 AM

[quote]One-time committee investigator Representative Riggleman told Nicole Wallace today that "America hasn't seen anything yet."

Come on, people. It's time for us to move on.

by Anonymousreply 228June 29, 2022 12:57 AM

Just read your damn report, Condi: Trump Determined to Strike U.S. Capitol!

by Anonymousreply 229June 29, 2022 12:59 AM

My Little Margie is having a breakdown on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 29, 2022 12:59 AM

Just when I thought my hate meter for Trump couldn't rise higher, I'm proven wrong.

by Anonymousreply 231June 29, 2022 1:01 AM

When Trump was president, R231, whenever I thought his behavior couldn't possibly get any worse, I was always proven wrong.

by Anonymousreply 232June 29, 2022 1:07 AM

Condi doesn't want maga rot to be exposed. The rot goes deep and it goes way back.

by Anonymousreply 233June 29, 2022 1:07 AM

This is the most astonishing testimony I have ever seen or heard or read.

You could litigate or investigate for a thousand years and never see anything as mind-blowing as this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 29, 2022 1:10 AM

r234 George is full of shit acting shocked. His wife knew all along and was complicit.

by Anonymousreply 235June 29, 2022 1:16 AM

my answer to Greene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 29, 2022 1:22 AM

We also finally caught a blip of MAGATitties testimony.

by Anonymousreply 237June 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Ketchup cleanup on aisle 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 29, 2022 1:23 AM

Cassidy helped the valet clean up the one man food fight. She certainly knows the definition of toxic workplace.

by Anonymousreply 239June 29, 2022 1:25 AM

[quote]"Meadows’s attorney, George Terwilliger, said Tuesday’s testimony “would not in my judgment withstand five minutes of even basic cross-examination of where the knowledge comes from, precisely who said what to whom, and whether or not its firsthand knowledge, and so forth.”

But no mention of this asshole's client testifying under oath. Oh, BTW. This lawyer Terwilliger also reps Ginny Thomas who opened her fucking mouth saying she'd testify? Well, she won't be testifying. Lying, terrorist bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 29, 2022 1:55 AM

"New via NY Times: Ginni Thomas told the Jan. 6 committee through he lawyer that she sees no reason to testify to the panel — weeks after saying she would be happy to testify"

What a fucking surprise. A

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 29, 2022 1:58 AM

Ms. Hutchinson is the 2022 version of Alexander Butterfield, who testified at the Senate Watergate hearing on national TV and radio in 1973 that Pres. Nixon had him install secret tape recorders in the Oval Office.

By the way, the attorney questioning Butterfield at that hearing was Fred Thompson, who later dated Kellyanne Conway and also became an actor, appearing regularly on the TV series "Law & Order".

by Anonymousreply 242June 29, 2022 2:12 AM

I believe that the 1/6 Committee knows exactly what they are doing whenever they put a document on the overhead screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 29, 2022 2:13 AM

This is SOOO much worse than Watergate, yet not a peep from most Repubs.

by Anonymousreply 244June 29, 2022 2:15 AM

This source is working overtime tonight. Simple solution.

They can all put their asses in front of the committee and testify under oath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 29, 2022 2:18 AM

So much worse than Monicagate.

by Anonymousreply 246June 29, 2022 2:18 AM

Trump must face his most painful punishment - to be locked up in prison and IGNORED.

by Anonymousreply 247June 29, 2022 2:20 AM

Fred Thompson dated Kellyanne, r242???

by Anonymousreply 248June 29, 2022 2:22 AM

R245, exactly. Explain why you're willing to say this bullshit when not under oath. What exactly is the problem if you're not lying?

by Anonymousreply 249June 29, 2022 2:24 AM

Joe Biden and his team didn't trust the Secret Service agents who served Trump and with good reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 29, 2022 2:27 AM

I think the hearings are only going to get more and more “shocking” with each one. They are building this up to have an explosive ending.

by Anonymousreply 251June 29, 2022 2:28 AM

This is very damaging even by the already low bar Trump Train standards.

Democrats should just start saying we expect Ron DeSantis to be the nominee because the President was disgraced and then dig up all the dirt needed to bury DeSantis in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 252June 29, 2022 2:29 AM

A pretty girl! Lunging! Cursing! Ketchup flinging! Wotta show!

by Anonymousreply 253June 29, 2022 2:31 AM

Yes indeed, R248.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 29, 2022 2:32 AM

R251, Denver Riggle already confirmed we haven't seen anything yet. He saw this stuff already and called Meadows the "Rosetta Stone"

by Anonymousreply 255June 29, 2022 2:36 AM

Hang on. Fred Thompson stuck his hog into Kellyanne's yeast-ravaged vag?

Yeccccccch.

by Anonymousreply 256June 29, 2022 2:36 AM

When Kellyanne was on FOX news with enough makeup and styling she was okay looking back then

by Anonymousreply 257June 29, 2022 2:38 AM

R255 what did he mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 258June 29, 2022 2:38 AM

Correction: Denver Riggleman*

by Anonymousreply 259June 29, 2022 2:38 AM

R254 He also fired a nice blond prosecutor for being a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 260June 29, 2022 2:42 AM

Wow, R260. But he worked in Hollywood. WTF.

by Anonymousreply 261June 29, 2022 2:44 AM

Meanwhile, Matt Gaetz joins Laura Ingraham tonight to talk about: Biden Labor Department’s Equity Panel Exposed!

by Anonymousreply 262June 29, 2022 2:46 AM

Wait...I never watched Law & Order, but was that a reference to that, r260?

by Anonymousreply 263June 29, 2022 2:47 AM

R262, I assume Hunter's laptop played a role in that, too?

by Anonymousreply 264June 29, 2022 2:48 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 265June 29, 2022 2:48 AM

That was for r263

by Anonymousreply 266June 29, 2022 2:49 AM

R263 Of course! Glad you recognized that.

by Anonymousreply 267June 29, 2022 2:50 AM

Matt Gaetz, the child drugging kid fucker/whore banger/coke fueled orgy host?

by Anonymousreply 268June 29, 2022 2:51 AM

Does Matt even live with his wife?

by Anonymousreply 269June 29, 2022 2:53 AM

You forgot “preemptive pardon seeker,” R268.

by Anonymousreply 270June 29, 2022 2:53 AM

We have not heard the last of Ornato.

by Anonymousreply 271June 29, 2022 3:07 AM

Most of those Trump administration and Congress people didn’t get their pardons.

by Anonymousreply 272June 29, 2022 3:11 AM

Did he ever get married, R269?

by Anonymousreply 273June 29, 2022 3:12 AM

[quote] I have to give Liz Cheney credit. She is carefully skewering her prey and cooking it on the barbecue.

She needs no credit, she is the daughter of Satan. She came into this world barbecuing people.

by Anonymousreply 274June 29, 2022 3:14 AM

Yes, he did get married. I think Nester was the flowergirl.

by Anonymousreply 275June 29, 2022 3:14 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 29, 2022 3:15 AM

Can you begin to imagine the dishes that must have been hurled when John Kelly or James Mattis would tell him no, or in the case of Mattis, ignored his orders altogether?

by Anonymousreply 277June 29, 2022 3:15 AM

Please let Trump see that, R276. God, I so want he and DeShithead to go at it

by Anonymousreply 278June 29, 2022 3:16 AM

Delicious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 29, 2022 3:17 AM

Liz did vote, very surprisingly, for the Bipartisan gun legislation. If she survives in WY it will be because of Democrats so she better modify one positions.

by Anonymousreply 280June 29, 2022 3:17 AM

While the media is being ridiculously stupid and focusing on ketchup, here's what they seem to have missed

>>>>>>Don Winslow @donwinslow

Dear media,

A polite request. The fact that Donald Trump wanted the metal detectors removed ahead of an armed insurrection of the U.S. Capitol is the LEAD.

Not the ketchup.

Let's keep our eye on the ball.

Trump said "Take the magnometers away"

3:13 PM · Jun 28, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281June 29, 2022 3:52 AM

boebert just won her primary

>>>>> Don Winslow @donwinslow

If Lauren Boebert had been prosecuted during the last 17 months she would not have won her primary tonight and likely re-election.

There have been NO consequences for any Republican members of Congress accused of being directly involved in the January 6 insurrection.

Not one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 29, 2022 4:09 AM

[quote]I do think that the Trump choking the driver story, although delicious, wasn't helpful in the long run... it was presented as hearsay and now, just like clockwork, "oh, it never happened..

She just related what she was told contemporaneously by one of the first-hand characters in the presence of the other who didn't deny it then and there.

These two characters are known Trump toadies. And knowing what Pence thought the Secret Service might be ordered to do with him if he got into the car, any denials they decide to issue now will ring hollow.

by Anonymousreply 283June 29, 2022 4:27 AM

R276, if Trump sees that, he will dig up dirt on DeSatan and tell his worshippers DeSatan is evil and a vote for him is a vote for the devil.

Didn’t I read Charlie Christ wanted to run there?

by Anonymousreply 284June 29, 2022 4:27 AM

I really doubt they would let her testify unless the Secret Service agents told them the exact same thing. Remember that they have been interviewing people under oath for months.

by Anonymousreply 285June 29, 2022 4:31 AM

I'm sure the denials will be around the semantics of 'lunging'.

by Anonymousreply 286June 29, 2022 4:34 AM

In the clip played at the hearing, there visibly was some hand movement in the back seat of the departing SUV.

Maybe there are other TAPES.

by Anonymousreply 287June 29, 2022 4:40 AM

I'm sure all of Miss Hutchinson's testimony was well vetted before the hearing. Liz Cheney has the receipts for everything. She's too fucking smart to be a conservative.

by Anonymousreply 288June 29, 2022 4:47 AM

Look, if anyone is saying something NOT under oath, it is suspect; that's why I couldn't give less of a shit about anyone denying a single fucking thing any of these TRUMP REPUBLICANS have said. You're lying unless it's under oath

Don't accuse anyone who has testified of lying if you yourself aren't prepared to sit your ass down at that hearing after putting your right hand up to challenge it. Put up or STFU.

by Anonymousreply 289June 29, 2022 4:57 AM

[quote]I'm sure the denials will be around the semantics of 'lunging'.

Agreed. "lunging" would indicate he was agile. He more likely plopped forward like a mass of putty.

by Anonymousreply 290June 29, 2022 5:00 AM

The fact that Republicans are still defending a fat man who threw food against the wall in the White House … come on, get a grip and let go.

by Anonymousreply 291June 29, 2022 5:07 AM

[quote]A pretty girl! Lunging! Cursing! Ketchup flinging! Wotta show!

Everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end!

by Anonymousreply 292June 29, 2022 5:09 AM

Just a little background I saw on Meadows' attorney George Terwilliger who is also Ginni's lawyer: He was one of the Bush lawyers involved in Bush v. Gore.

So this guy has a thing for defending Republicans who don't like democracy and just prefer outright stealing elections.

by Anonymousreply 293June 29, 2022 5:13 AM

Why do I still have a feeling Biden will hold back on Dump? I don’t know what it is? His yearning for the good ole ice cream Mayberry days? I think he is waxing nostalgic in days gone by. Maybe it was this non-facetious quote:

Biden - “Mitch McConnell never lies” Biden/Kimmel interview.

by Anonymousreply 294June 29, 2022 5:19 AM

A fucking ketchup well-done hamburger hope threw onto the wall, leaving a fucking ketchup stain dripping dow the wall. We’ll need to deep clean Orange-ass’ stench from the Oval Office! I don’t know if we can ever get rid of his lardass stench.

by Anonymousreply 295June 29, 2022 5:24 AM

R176, 2021 called. They want their time machine back.

by Anonymousreply 296June 29, 2022 5:27 AM

Well if MAGATs don’t want to turn into flies landing on shit, let them….If DeSatan wants to kill off them maggots, then proceed, by all means.

by Anonymousreply 297June 29, 2022 5:33 AM

R296 We want our lives back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 29, 2022 5:34 AM

I need a rewind bitches. Did Fred Dalton Thompson fuck cryptkeeper Kellyanne?

by Anonymousreply 299June 29, 2022 5:52 AM

We have yet to hear about the 'war room' conspirators at the Willard - Stone, Giuliani, Eastman et al. in the company of domestic terrorists - Oath Keepers and other far right militants. Seems like this was the coordination center bringing together the far right insurrectionists and Trump's posse.

Hutchinson mentioned about having to dissuade Meadows from going there so he resorted to just 'phoning in' into the meetings.

Did the J6 Committee say one of the future hearings will be about that?

by Anonymousreply 300June 29, 2022 6:03 AM

[quote]"I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her." That's the response from Donald Trump to this testimony from Hutchinson.

[quote]she was so close to the action she probably can differentiate between Trump's "needs to poop" and "just pooped" and "pooping right now" waddles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301June 29, 2022 8:00 AM

I’m guessing hands-sitting Garland is going to let Liz Cheney et al, “prove” his case against Lardass! I’m glad he is not a Supreme because they’d be stuck deliberating for decades before his sorry ass made anything close to a decision!

by Anonymousreply 302June 29, 2022 8:10 AM

[quote]"I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her."

Quintessential Trump. He hardly knows who she is, but of course he's heard very negative things about her. He's so pathetic, and yet no doubt thinks he's the smartest person in the room.

by Anonymousreply 303June 29, 2022 8:14 AM

The united states won't have even a limited democracy much longer if people don't start taking the threat of the GOP seriously.

This isn't just Trump. Someone more clever and less insane will come along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 29, 2022 8:14 AM

DeSatan? He’s about as under the radar as my flaming panties! Mitt Romney? He’s about as under the radar NRA funded as my cockring!

by Anonymousreply 305June 29, 2022 8:18 AM

Magats insist on bringing this guy up in a discussion about the armed insurrection against the citizens of the US.

Desatan disappeared and never reported his whereabouts.

When he returned he was visibly ill, trembling and could barely stand upright whilst suppressing a cough.

What was the big secret?

His administration's handling for covid is botched and the infection numbers have been off the charts for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 29, 2022 9:29 AM

I don’t understand why Romney got so much from the NRA, unless they thought he would be president.

by Anonymousreply 307June 29, 2022 9:32 AM

He’s the most likely Mormon “straight-shooter” that they have!

A Diet Coke confessed addict!

by Anonymousreply 308June 29, 2022 9:58 AM

R294 Mayberry, I don’t think so. He may fear a future Republican congress/administration would in turn go after his son.

by Anonymousreply 309June 29, 2022 10:59 AM

He more likely plopped forward like a BAG OF SUET

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 310June 29, 2022 11:05 AM

You mean, big-dicked Hunter? Why, any small-dick possessor would, amiright?

by Anonymousreply 311June 29, 2022 11:06 AM

What R285 said. Liz is probably ready to roll some tape of Ornato talking all about the choking, the ketchup, the AR15s, etc.

by Anonymousreply 312June 29, 2022 11:33 AM

And we know that Ornato was Hicks' receptionist. That Office floor plan that they flashed on the 1/6 screen has FEW names attached to offices, but there was Ornato, across the hall from Cassidy, in the ante office to Hope Hick's office. Ornato made sure that no one disturbed the President when he was consulting with Hicks? 😋😋😋👀

by Anonymousreply 313June 29, 2022 11:43 AM

I don’t know how desperate someone like Hicks has to be to suck Dump’s greasy dick AND sell her soul to him. Hope it was worth it, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 314June 29, 2022 12:11 PM

^Now there is someone with some stories to tell. I hope before all is said & done, we see Hope Hicks on the witness stand in all her skanky glory, telling all kinds of tales on the Trumpies. Because if they all bragged in front of a relative unknown like Cassidy, think of the shit that Hope - a clear insider & head Trump babysitter - knows

by Anonymousreply 315June 29, 2022 12:19 PM

Why didn't she just stay at Fox and make bank?

by Anonymousreply 316June 29, 2022 12:20 PM

[quote]So, how did that scaffold come to be there? Did Ginni Thomas arrange to have it transported there? A lot of those people were from somewhere else. They weren’t carrying a scaffold in their airline luggage. How did it get there? How did somebody just happen to build it? Did Trump know it was going to be there? How far in advance did someone have to buy the lumber, build it, and assemble it on site?

I'd also like to know about the huge mannequin with the noose and the word "traitor" on it, which could not have been easily sneaked in. The gallows has wood of different types, which you see if you can zoom in, so I would guess many people brought in a piece each and it was built on site, but how did someone bring in a huge 2x4 without police noticing?

There was also a noose made out of rope hanging from a tree that was left behind, and a noose made out of a camera cord, from the pile of AP's camera equipment that the insurrectionists destroyed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317June 29, 2022 12:23 PM

r316, because Trump throwing her under the buss and acknowledging that she was a payroll skank was always a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 318June 29, 2022 12:24 PM

Hicks will never talk unless it’s financially beneficial. She’s already made it clear that’s how her alliances work.

by Anonymousreply 319June 29, 2022 12:27 PM

[quote]I'd also like to know about the huge mannequin with the noose and the word "traitor"

You say mannequin, I say typical living trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 320June 29, 2022 12:30 PM

Why the fuck are any of you posting on that Part 4 thread? The OP is denying there were guns, denying it was an "insurrection," denying Trump had any part in it.

Oh, because there are good points on both sides, ElderLez?

by Anonymousreply 321June 29, 2022 12:35 PM

It took a while but I found a video with the SUV and Trump driving off, at about 6:18. You can't see much but there is some movement in the SUV that could be described as "hand movement."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 29, 2022 12:49 PM

I don't know what the media is up to, but reporting that the agents in the SUV now want to testify to say Trump didn't lunge at them is a lie. Engel already testified, as was reported weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323June 29, 2022 12:52 PM

R299, Wikipedia says that Conway "dated" Thompson and that Thompson was "romantically linked" to Conway. We don't know what they did together, maybe just held hands and shared a milkshake with 2 straws.

by Anonymousreply 324June 29, 2022 12:57 PM

The Secret Service agent Tony Ornato, who told Cassidy that Trump tried to take the steering wheel of the SUV, is the one who Pence didn't trust. On the 6th, National Security Advisor Keith Kellogg told Ornato to leave Pence at the Capitol, because "I know you guys too well. You'll fly him to Alaska if you have the chance."

Ornato has also testified to the committee already.

Anyone in the media who said the agents "now want to testify" is lying. There's no one who was a first-person witness to the events in the SUV who has NOT testified already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325June 29, 2022 12:57 PM

They want to RE testify perhaps because the incident was UNKNOWN at the time of their testimony thus did not come up in questioning.

by Anonymousreply 326June 29, 2022 1:05 PM

It's doubtful that the committee would put out this testimony if they didn't have at least some corroborating evidence. There's too much at stake to risk it all, just to have one day of salacious testimony. There would also be consequences; see r183.

by Anonymousreply 327June 29, 2022 1:14 PM

"Many, many reporters are placing a badly anonymized denial of a single fact—from a guy who loved Trump so much he took a hiatus from USSS to serve as one of his White House liars—on a par with hours of detailed sworn testimony. They can’t kick the habit. But they really should."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328June 29, 2022 1:18 PM

Thompson dated Lorrie Morgan too, so I guess floozies with platinum dye jobs is his thing. Although Lorrie has more talent in her press-on nail than KellyAnne has in her whole body.

by Anonymousreply 329June 29, 2022 1:26 PM

Right after Muriel slammed the gates shut on the nonpaying during yesterday's testimony, there was a moment when Cassidy Hutchinson referred in passing to Shitler's daughter by the epithet, "Miss Ivanka." Like she was the mistress of a plantation. I tittered immoderately.

by Anonymousreply 330June 29, 2022 1:29 PM

Given house impulsive Trump is, I can believe that he swiped at the agent without actually putting hands on him, but if Tony Ornato wants to put his money where is his mouth is, I think we'd all tune in to his live testimony.

by Anonymousreply 331June 29, 2022 1:30 PM

The focus on the plate smashing and agent drama is understandable on a gossip board. However, watching journalists analyze it endlessly, quote anonymous sources that challenge testimony under oath is depressing. That fucker and his minions organized a coup, wanted to remove mags so armed people could mix right in with a mob marching on Capitol. Let the public goggle over ketchup stains, news media need to focus on his crimes. We already knew he was a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 332June 29, 2022 1:32 PM

If it's Ornato (and I'm almost sure it is) then he won't testify unless it's behind closed doors, like it was before, and the only thing he would testify about is whether Trump really "lunged" or not, which will involve him equivocating on the definition of the word "lunged," and it would be completely useless. He's hoping his information given to the media via "anonymous source" will change minds. It's a kind of Hail Mary pass, if you will.

He very notably did not contradict anything else in Hutchinson's testimony.

I'd imagine his attorneys have already had strong words with him, for going to the media and saying he wants to testify, especially since he already has.

by Anonymousreply 333June 29, 2022 1:33 PM

Why are these people so loyal to a man who wouldn't even piss on them if they were on fire?

by Anonymousreply 334June 29, 2022 1:36 PM

[quote]I tittered immoderately.

Video please.

by Anonymousreply 335June 29, 2022 1:36 PM

I hope Ornato is now in charge of Christmas decorations or maybe the Easter Egg roll. He does not sound like a guy that should be in charge of security for the current POTUS

by Anonymousreply 336June 29, 2022 1:37 PM

Liz was very careful to establish that 2 men were in the room with Cassidy at the time she was told about the strangle move, and that neither man denied it or qualified it any way, while they had the chance right then and there. It was stellar on her part (or that of her script-writers). Hutchinson had the demeanor of someone being entirely honest and straightforward (and beneficially for her credibility, on the verge of terror at times).

by Anonymousreply 337June 29, 2022 1:40 PM

Hutchinson was a very effective, credible witness. For Ornato to testify and destroy her credibility will come off as self serving and bullying. He’s not going to be questioned by a friendly, Gym Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 338June 29, 2022 1:46 PM

I want to know who Meadows was talking to on the phone when, as Hutchinson testified, he twice closed the door so she couldn't hear anything. I'm guessing either Eastman, Giuliani or Roger Stone.

As a side note, her repeated characterization of Meadows as being preoccupied with his phone and not paying attention was stellar.

by Anonymousreply 339June 29, 2022 1:56 PM

If they haven’t already, the committee needs to get all text messages sent by Ornato and Engle on 1/6.

by Anonymousreply 340June 29, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote]I want to know who Meadows was talking to on the phone when, as Hutchinson testified, he twice closed the door so she couldn't hear anything. I'm guessing either Eastman, Giuliani or Roger Stone.

Or maybe Gym Jordan or Kevin McCarthy?

by Anonymousreply 341June 29, 2022 2:05 PM

^I think it was their insiders at the Pentagon, telling them to ignore calls for back up & standby for when the military comes after Trump takes over & Pence & others are killed. Meadows let her on almost everything, but kept her out of this, so it's got to be something big

by Anonymousreply 342June 29, 2022 2:07 PM

LOL Now Ginni Thomas is walking back the 'willingness to testify'.

We'll see the same from the Trumpist secret service guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343June 29, 2022 2:10 PM

Eastman dropped his laws suit to prevent Congress from getting his call logs. Perhaps he's going down, like a popped balloon. I think he is in a HEAP of fucking trouble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344June 29, 2022 2:14 PM

r342, That sounds like it was Giuliani's plan all along, for Trump to arrive at the Capitol and look like the big man with the military behind him. Trump would have loved that -- the TV ratings would have been HA-UGE!

by Anonymousreply 345June 29, 2022 2:15 PM

Ol' hefty sedition activist, Ginni Thomas, balks about testifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 29, 2022 2:17 PM

I sense Ginny's gonna get her face smushed down in the hog-waller before Liz Cheney gets done with this Committee.

by Anonymousreply 347June 29, 2022 2:19 PM

R343 and r346, what the hell was Ginni thinking when she offered to testify? Did she honestly believe that the committee wouldn't take her up on the offer? And now she looks even more like the duplicitous traitor that she is.

by Anonymousreply 348June 29, 2022 2:23 PM

Not sure what that actually means r347, but

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 349June 29, 2022 2:23 PM

When Mark Meadows was preoccupied with his phone, he may have been reading text messages, emails, or news reports about what was going on at the Capitol. I doubt if he was playing games. He’s such a coward! Cassidy’s courage really puts him to shame. He should testify about what happened that day and fill in the blanks.

by Anonymousreply 350June 29, 2022 2:25 PM

[quote]I want to know who Meadows was talking to on the phone when, as Hutchinson testified, he twice closed the door so she couldn't hear anything.

Stay tuned!

by Anonymousreply 351June 29, 2022 2:26 PM

Umm, Ginni is crazy, in case anyone hasn’t noticed. Of course she wants to testify and of course her lawyer won’t let her.

by Anonymousreply 352June 29, 2022 2:26 PM

Jim Jordan must have been the top operative inside the Capitol collaborating with Meadows and other insurrection strategists.

by Anonymousreply 353June 29, 2022 2:28 PM

It's also possible that Ginni is only now realizing that the committee has far more receipts than she thought it had, so no way will she get away with lying and dissembling, even if she is the wife of a SCOTUS Justice.

by Anonymousreply 354June 29, 2022 2:30 PM

And McCarthy wanted to put Gym on the Committee! What a circus that would have been.

by Anonymousreply 355June 29, 2022 2:31 PM

R281, it’s spelled LEDE, not LEAD.

JFC.

Bitches need to learn how to spell.

by Anonymousreply 356June 29, 2022 2:36 PM

I love that the GOP really doesn't know what the committee is doing until the hearings are aired. Even when Trump, Pence, Meadows, McCarthy, Jordan, etc. knew that Cassidy Hutchinson was going to testify yesterday, they still didn't know exactly what she was going to say. And they might have even forgotten that she was present at so many crucial moments before and during the insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 357June 29, 2022 2:40 PM

It appears some bitches need to learn how to distinguish between quotes and original writing.

by Anonymousreply 358June 29, 2022 2:41 PM

LOL, I distinguished it. It’s still misspelled, you adorable bitch, you.

by Anonymousreply 359June 29, 2022 2:44 PM

“Peeping Gym” has some explaining to do outside a locker room. Fast talk, deflecting to Pelosi, and shouting, won’t work before Liz and Radskin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360June 29, 2022 2:44 PM

^Raskin

by Anonymousreply 361June 29, 2022 2:47 PM

R334, I think in some cases they're true believers like that rancid cunt Ginni who appears to be even crazier than Powell. Let's just give a little background on her: She was in a cult and then "deprogrammed" and became an anti-cult activist, but her tendency to gravitate to cults clearly never entirely disappeared. And then there are others who are scared of what his armed, terrorist parasites will do to them if they betray Trump.

What's galling to me is the asshole lawyer of Meadows and Ginni saying how Hutchinson's testimony would fall under cross-examination. Motherfucker, both of your clients were initially willing to testify and then immediately stopped cooperating because you, Mr. Terwilliger, know your clients are guilty as hell and the committee has the receipts, so perhaps you should tone down the arrogance or just respond with a "no comment."

by Anonymousreply 362June 29, 2022 3:05 PM

Maybe the committee can lure fat hog Ginni in with a pork chop on a string.

by Anonymousreply 363June 29, 2022 3:13 PM

Is Gym still into young dick? Surly there must be a Congressional aide that has been serviced or serviced the old perv?

by Anonymousreply 364June 29, 2022 3:14 PM

R363, Ginni's a cannibal?

by Anonymousreply 365June 29, 2022 3:20 PM

Anyone that has lived in DC knows that there are plenty of Republicans being serviced by young dick. Whether or not the young dick works professionally or "on the Hill."

Why the young dick never exposes the greasy hypocrites is beyond me. It's either self-preservation or self-promotion.

Not to stretch it, but it sure isn't self-respect.

by Anonymousreply 366June 29, 2022 3:23 PM

[quote]What's galling to me is the asshole lawyer of Meadows and Ginni saying how Hutchinson's testimony would fall under cross-examination.

So let them sue her. Let's see the testimonies in the court of law.

by Anonymousreply 367June 29, 2022 3:27 PM

[quote] R356- Lunging at my own clavicles.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 368June 29, 2022 3:28 PM

R326, the committee has receipts for EVERYTHING. They would not have allowed her to say something so outrageous if it couldn't be verified. This is not a "he said, she said" situation. It's a she said UNDER OATH while every asshole denying it in media isn't under oath. They already have Ornato saying it when he was interviewed. The denials come from scumbags who won't testify. Only an idiot gives validation to people who says shit to the media to challenge sworn testimony. Shame on Peter Alexander for validating the BS of liars

However, I agree with Don Winslow. Forget all of that: The main story should be that the orange terrorist leader wanted the MAGs taken down because he wanted to kill anyone who stood in the way of him seizing power. I cannot fucking believe I just wrote that about a president of the United States. The stupidest, most scummy thing to ever became president, tried to install himself as a dictator. Forget the ketchup and everything else. He knew his cockroaches were armed. He expected them to be armed. This is insane. The United States just lost any credibility to talk shit about "third world nations." In fact, it never had the right to do it because most of the time, the west was behind the downfall of sovereign nations and installing a dictator. This was a situation where a major political party attempted to help a scumbag seize the presidency and install their leader.

by Anonymousreply 369June 29, 2022 3:29 PM

TIA, I think you've hit the bottle a little bit too early this morning.

by Anonymousreply 370June 29, 2022 3:30 PM

People keep arguing over whether Trump actively encouraged the violence on Jan 6. I think he did, but really, what was he even doing give a speech on the Mall on Jan 6? He was still insisting the election was stolen and refusing to concede right before Biden’s win was made official. Has everyone forgotten he refused to cooperate with the transition? All of it is unacceptable behavior.

by Anonymousreply 371June 29, 2022 3:30 PM

Liz Cheney --as repugnant as her politics are-- is not Trump. This is a very, very calculating woman. Univ. of Chicago Law School. If you don't think she herself will make sure every t is crossed and every i dotted before anyone gives testimony, you're not paying attention.

Who in their right mind would believe someone like Jim Jordan over her? What did he do when the testimony was going on? Attempt to deflect to gas prices and inflation and ridicule Hutchinson as being a laughable witness.

by Anonymousreply 372June 29, 2022 3:37 PM

I loved the part where Cheney made sure to get Flynn saying "the fifth" to the coup being both morally and legally wrong and then, as a bonus, getting him to also say 'fifth!' to whether he believed in a peaceful transfer of power as a basis for our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 373June 29, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote]What's galling to me is the asshole lawyer of Meadows and Ginni saying how Hutchinson's testimony would fall under cross-examination.

"My clients' testimony would destroy Ms. Hutchinson's," says man fighting to keep his clients from testifying.

by Anonymousreply 374June 29, 2022 3:42 PM

R366 - name names please!

by Anonymousreply 375June 29, 2022 3:53 PM

Really, R374. What does it tell you when Ginni announces how she'd be more than willing to testify and suddenly backs out? I guess the lawyer is admitting SHE'D flounder "under cross examination." It's confirmation that she's guilty. We are talking about the wife of an evil, corrupt SC who just took away the right of millions of people and he's not done. How the fuck was he even allowed to stay after it was know he ruled on cases she made $ off of - putting aside the 1/6 case where he was the only dissenting voice. And he never disclosed the profits she made in those cases when he was supposed to

We need to take a blow torch to the current GOP. This is not a democratic party. These are evil, evil people.

by Anonymousreply 376June 29, 2022 3:54 PM

known*

by Anonymousreply 377June 29, 2022 3:55 PM

I swear to god the media is helping the destruction of America right along. I agree it's one thing for us here to gossip about the ketchup and the strangling, but the media, of course, is focusing on that. No reporter I follow on Twitter is even reporting on or talking about the fact Trump sicced a bunch of armed lunatics onto Pelosi and Pence and everyone else. It's all fluff, all the time.

I'm starting to wish she hadn't even testified to that story since our media is full of children who can't pick out what really matters and what doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 378June 29, 2022 4:01 PM

I love how DLers are putting Liz and Cassidy on a pedestal and even praising their wardrobe. The Republicans might benefit from this return to sanity move they’re making.

by Anonymousreply 379June 29, 2022 4:11 PM

R379, stop it. This is a "my enemy's enemy" situation. No one is voting for Liz in Congress, but I sure as hell hope she beats the magat.

by Anonymousreply 380June 29, 2022 4:13 PM

A couple of things.

I have been following Ruth Ben-Ghiat, an expert on authoritarian regimes, and the gist of her postings this past 24 hours is that authoritarians historically/pathologically need to be be centered in the triumph. Trump, following this model, would have followed that precedent and ridden into glory as the "vast crowd" destroyed democracy in his honor.

But I have always wondered--including in this thread--WHY the plan didn't work. Everything should have worked...but it didn't. Here's a terrifying line of thought that makes a lot of sense to me from:

Dirk Schwenk (Esq) 🎵

[quote] Let's play this out for a second. If Trump had gone to the Capitol, practically every police asset would be tasked with protecting him, massively undermining an already weakened defense.

[quote] The rioters would have treated him as a God, and would have rallied to him, no matter what he ordered. Probably the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers expected him to come, and would have rallied to him.

[quote] We know - but the J6C has not yet discussed - that the militants had cached weapons in VA, awaiting some signal that never came. Trump's arrival would have been that signal. The rioters would have taken up firearms in addition to the spears and clubs.

[quote] I have no idea what the police would have done faced with an armed mob inspired by Trump's presence, but it would have been far deadlier, far bloodier that it was.

[quote] And the DC National Guard - already hamstrung and weakened - the POTUS is their sole Commander in Chief. Would they have refused an unlawful order? Whose orders would they have taken? Best case would be absolute chaos.

[quote] Is it possible that the bombs which did not go off were also awaiting the signal - Trump's arrival - to be triggered. WTF would have happened if Trump arrived and bombs started going off in DC? It's terrifying to consider.

[quote] One of my first questions about the J6 attack was - what was the "real" plan. These traitors didn't go to all this trouble and danger just to wander the halls of the Capitol and eventually leave in shame. NOW WE KNOW. THE J6C HAS IT. THE PLAN WAS FOR TRUMP TO BE THERE.

[quote] And if he had been there, with a violent mob at his back and the entire line of succession dead, I'm pretty sure that all the Rs in Congress would have lined up to lick his blood-spattered loafers.

[quote] Terrifying shxt.

[quote] This may be why J6C brought up Meadows talking to Stone on eve Jan 5. That call would have confirmed that the PBs and Oathkeepers had the Quick Reaction Force and their cache ready to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381June 29, 2022 4:14 PM

Daniel Hodges is way too smart to be a cop. He's on Andrea Mitchell right now and he sounds like no cop I've ever encountered - and I live in a neighborhood full of them.

by Anonymousreply 382June 29, 2022 4:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 29, 2022 4:18 PM

After the recent testimony, I have to agree with R381's quoted tweets and others, that the plan went awry when Trump wasn't able to get to the Capitol Building. Trump made 2 mistakes, the first being that he could simply order the metal detectors to be turned off, and the second, that he could force his way back to the Capitol, by manipulating his 2 most loyal Secret Service men in the SUV with him.

by Anonymousreply 384June 29, 2022 4:19 PM

R382 He's obviously a "crisis actor" like me.

by Anonymousreply 385June 29, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote]And if he had been there, with a violent mob at his back and the entire line of succession dead, I'm pretty sure that all the Rs in Congress would have lined up to lick his blood-spattered loafers.

Yes, the plan was for a coup, in some form or other.

I think he was siccing the mob to the Capitol because it became clear Pence wouldn't do a palace coup in the Senate. So the rioters could be useful to create a situation (as they did) for Pence to be whisked away and put under lock and key by the Secret Service before the certification.

Then Grassley would take over the certification in the Senate and I'm not sure what the process is but there is something about the Senate kicking it to the House where the GOP had the majority of state delegations and would deliver the election to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 386June 29, 2022 4:29 PM

Ah! Yes, R386! I had forgotten that...

...and THAT is why the plan was for 45 to go, not just to the Capital, but specifically to the House.

by Anonymousreply 387June 29, 2022 4:32 PM

The committee needs to get that fossil Chuck Grassley under oath and ask him why he was saying that Pence would not be available to certify the electoral votes a couple of days before January 6th. How did he know to say that if he had not already been brought into the conspiracy?

I want to see that old cunt sputter and lurch his way into a non-answer.

by Anonymousreply 388June 29, 2022 4:42 PM

Have any congresspeople testified before the committee?

by Anonymousreply 389June 29, 2022 4:43 PM

When I was a kid—before leash laws—we lived in a semi-rural area and you’d always see dogs chasing cars. Barking and chasing if you drove past. What my father used to do was stop the car so the dog caught up. The look of confusion on the dog’s face, like, I caught the car, now what? That’s Trump. He’s all id. Has no thought beyond the current one and so he can pivot and say or do anything. All options are open. It’s like saying he would march to the Capitol in his speech…a guy who can’t physically walk more than 20 feet. Okay, he’d take a car. So he gets a car and is driven to the Capitol. Which entrance, East or West? Stone/Guiliani/Meadows/all those guys might have an actual plan but It all goes out the window with Trump because he can’t hold a thought in his head.

by Anonymousreply 390June 29, 2022 4:44 PM

Hey R321 saying there are good posts in both threads is NOT the same thing as saying that there are good points on both sides.

It was a seditious conspiracy to overthrow the United States government using a combination of violence, up to and including murder, and the wholesale violation of oaths of office by lots of politicians and law enforcement. Anyone who disagrees with that statement at this point is a troll or willfully ignorant. When this thread fills up, I’ve started a 4B thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391June 29, 2022 4:50 PM

[quote]I want to see that old cunt sputter and lurch his way into a non-answer.

I would settle for seeing him sputter and lurch his way into the grave.

by Anonymousreply 392June 29, 2022 4:58 PM

This discussion and these hearings are about the outrage of J6.

So why are you bringing Hunter Biden and Desatan into this.

by Anonymousreply 393June 29, 2022 5:09 PM

Three casino executives who worked for billionaire real estate developer Donald J. Trump were among five people killed Tuesday afternoon in a helicopter crash in New Jersey about 40 miles north of Atlantic City.

The three officials, including Trump’s top two gaming industry executives in Atlantic City, were returning from New York, where they had been promoting an upcoming boxing match between junior welterweights Hector Camacho and Vinny Pazienza.

The three casino executives killed were Stephen Hyde, Mark Grossinger Etess and Jonathan Benanav. The two remaining victims, who were not immediately identified, were believed to be the pilot and co-pilot of the helicopter, police said.

Hyde ran Trump’s two operating casinos in Atlantic City, known as Trump Plaza and Trump Castle, while Etess was going to run the Taj Mahal, the $1-billion casino and hotel that Trump plans to open in Atlantic City next April. Benanav was senior vice president of Trump Plaza, where the Camacho-Pazienza fight is to be held Feb. 3.

“They were three fabulous young men in the prime of their lives,” Trump said in a statement issued from his New York office. “No better human beings ever existed. We’re deeply saddened by this devastating tragedy. Our hearts go out to their families.”

The leased helicopter crashed in a heavily wooded area on the median strip of the Garden State Parkway that runs down the New Jersey coastline. There were no survivors, police said.

Tom Murray, of East Providence, R.I., said he was camping nearby when he witnessed the helicopter crash to the ground. The “rotor stopped spinning and became disconnected from the helicopter and tumbled,” Murray told the Associated Press.

Devoted Family Men

Both Hyde, 43, and Etess, 38, were respected executives who were popular with their peers. “Nice is not a word that is often used in this business, but they were,” said David Gardener, vice president of the Casino Assn. of Atlantic City.

Hyde, a devout Mormon with a large family, was a veteran casino executive who had worked for gaming companies in both Las Vegas and Atlantic City, including Caesars World, Golden Nugget and the Sands.

Trained as a certified public accountant, he joined Caesars World after working for the company as their outside auditor, according to Michael Rumbolz, who works for Trump in Las Vegas.

Etess was a fourth-generation hotelier whose family founded the famous Grossinger’s resort in the Catskills, in the heart of the so-called Borscht Belt, that was so popular with generations of New York tourists...

He left the family business in 1983 for Atlantic City, where he went to work as the marketing director for the Golden Nugget casino. He joined the Trump Organization in 1986 and had since played a major role in bringing big-name fights to Atlantic City.

A slick dresser and easy talker, Etess was a combination of canny promoter and devoted father who talked about his two children more fervently than he did his job to run the Taj. “That’s what it’s all about,” he said in a recent interview with The Times, pointing to a picture of his children in his cramped office across the street from the Taj..

Though Trump owns a helicopter service that flies between Manhattan and Atlantic City, the craft that crashed was identified as an eight-seat Agusta 109A leased from Paramount Aviation in New Jersey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394June 29, 2022 5:15 PM

R325 It was ABC correspondent Pierre Thomas who reported to David Muir last night about the Secret Service wanting to testify under oath that the steering wheel incident is bogus . I watched it.

by Anonymousreply 395June 29, 2022 5:23 PM

R395, Ginni Thomas also said she wanted to testify. Tell us where she is now.

I'm seeing this idiocy from the right-wing right now. This is what they do. They put it out there that SS "debunked" it and that's all the proof they need.

Get back to us when they ACTUALLY testify

by Anonymousreply 396June 29, 2022 5:28 PM

The press is compromised of slightly above average looking soro girls and frat bois who wanted a glamorous job with access to the elite.

These are not journalists, they want to be on TV.

They are paid to read from teleprompters and take dictation.

by Anonymousreply 397June 29, 2022 5:28 PM

It doesn't matter who reported it, r395. The Secret Service agents involved have already testified. The media should not be reporting that they want to testify, when they already have. The media is making it sound like the agents involved have not yet testified and are now demanding to be heard, so they can clear their names. That is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 398June 29, 2022 5:29 PM

Exactly, R398. I said at R396 that they should actually testify, but I know Ornato was already interviewed. I think Raskin said so.

I guarantee the anonymous assholes saying they want to testify have no connection whatsoever to the incident itself, just deplorable fangurls within SS. SS is infested with them.

by Anonymousreply 399June 29, 2022 5:34 PM

Let’s not forget that Dump staffed the Pentagon with his loyal goons. They were under his orders to stand down during the 1/6 insurrection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400June 29, 2022 5:37 PM

R398, my guess is those agents testified and conveniently left that part out, because they thought everyone else would be practicing omertà too. They didn’t know somebody would throw Trump under the bus and they would be asked about that incident later. Which implies the agents were Trumpers (not surprising) that wanted to cover for Trump, and that they knew there’s a long history of people not talking about the even worse things Trump did. Everyone kept the secrets until now.

People I’d like to hear from: the servant that cleaned up the ketchup and broken dish, and the other servers that saw Trump do the same thing other times, limo driver, every WH staffer on that day, but especially WH servants and underlings that were beneath the notice of Trump and family. Those people might flip and they were probably in the middle of everything, serving. If nothing else comes from this, the idea that Trump is a hysterical nut case is worth getting out there for 2024.

For all we know, Ivanka might be cooperating because she’s the only one with enough sense to realize there were a lot of eyewitnesses and any one of them could turn on them all.

by Anonymousreply 401June 29, 2022 5:37 PM

Now that it has been revealed that uber cunt Melania wanted the riot to continue and would not do anything to quell it, I would love to see her splayed out with giant redwood logs shoved up her twat and asshole, then sent packing (along with her parents and her dumb asshole kid) back to whatever second world shit hole they all came from.

by Anonymousreply 402June 29, 2022 5:44 PM

It is unlikely, but if Trump (or some of his top officials) are formally charged with a crime before the election, who does it help? Dems or Repubs?

by Anonymousreply 403June 29, 2022 5:45 PM

I wonder if Big Daddy threw any ketchup and chinaware at the walls during luncheon down at Lard-a-Margo TODAY? I bet you he's sure in the mood for it.

by Anonymousreply 404June 29, 2022 5:53 PM

I suspect it's a regular thing r404. I'd also like to know how many TVs have been kicked in.

by Anonymousreply 405June 29, 2022 5:55 PM

I’d love if some of the WH permanent staff testified to Trump’s tantrums but they won’t. Unless they’re about to retire or inherit a lot of money and retire. Those jobs are sacrosanct. They never talk about president’s or the families’ private lives. If they did, they’d be fired immediately because if you talk about one guy, whose to say you won’t talk about the next guy.

by Anonymousreply 406June 29, 2022 5:56 PM

[quote] DeSantis will be worse in many respects as he is as big a Right Wing bully as Trump but smarter when it comes to getting away with shit.

He's extremely spiteful and divisive. He would destroy America.

by Anonymousreply 407June 29, 2022 5:57 PM

He's smart in Florida. He gets away with shit in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 408June 29, 2022 5:59 PM

^R405, You take just yesterday's testimony about him, coupled with what he did to cause the 2 impeachments, and throw in his CLEAR, RECORDED, attempt to extort the GA. SECY of STATE to manufacture enough votes for him to be able to carry that State (and they called the SOS EIGHTEEN times before they got him on the phone), and then consider, THIS is the motherfucker that the Republicans managed to get elected as President of our country. It is just UNBELIEVABLE how totally unqualified he was for this role. He is nothing, nothing more than a 2-bit, fucking CRIMINAL. He makes NIXON look like George Washington.

by Anonymousreply 409June 29, 2022 6:00 PM

Woodward said yesterday that Hutchinson's testimony was the last, most devastating, nail in the coffin of Shitler's political "career." I think he's right. Donny Boy is just toast now.

by Anonymousreply 410June 29, 2022 6:04 PM

R410 That’s not good enough. He needs to face legal consequences.

by Anonymousreply 411June 29, 2022 6:07 PM

I hope so r410, though I agree with r409. He's been a mobbed up, grifty, rageaholic, cheating, lying, scumbag all his adult life. A media with a tiny bit of competence might have given some hint of that in between sobbing and howling and shrieking about Hillary's emails.

by Anonymousreply 412June 29, 2022 6:08 PM

That Ginni cunt never considered testifying. She just wanted to sound unafraid. And then come up with some bullshit. Gym is biding his time until he is indicted.

by Anonymousreply 413June 29, 2022 6:15 PM

[quote] He was so pissed that they didn’t go [to the Capitol] that he threw his lunch against the wall in his fury.

No, that’s not what happened at all. The lunch throwing incident was in December when Barr made his statement that there was no evidence of election fraud.

Did you think he was having lunch in the SUV?

by Anonymousreply 414June 29, 2022 6:15 PM

[quote] if you talk about one guy, whose to say

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 415June 29, 2022 6:15 PM

It’s hard to keep track of all the lunch-throwing incidents, r414.

by Anonymousreply 416June 29, 2022 6:26 PM

[quote]At least one of the messages that @RepLizCheney showed yesterday -- those messages from Trump allies to witness saying Trump is watching -- was sent to Hutchinson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417June 29, 2022 6:29 PM

^THIS is some interesting stuff. And as I said above re Trump and the GA SOS, it is PURE Trump, to threaten witnesses in advance of their testimony to Congress. Prison time for that one, if they have the proof, and I suspect the do or Liz would not have address Donald the way she did at the end yesterday: "I know what you're doing and you're going to get caught."

by Anonymousreply 418June 29, 2022 6:32 PM

Meadows is denying he asked for a pardon, because it's really relevant hearing from him and his lawyer countering testimony given under oath when he himself refuses to counter it under oath,

Notice nothing about the other, far more damaging things - which is why I do believe he didn't ask for a pardon. Because the shithead probably thought the violent overthrow of the govt he help plan would succeed and the orange shitstain would be made king. So why would he need a pardon?

by Anonymousreply 419June 29, 2022 6:32 PM

Because it didn’t succeed and he feared it would all come out? It was another week until the Inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 420June 29, 2022 6:35 PM

The 'she was nobody", "didn't happen" is all about giving the GQP a fig leaf pretext to circulate a narrative that the witness is discredited.

For example, note the chyron for Laura Ingraham's show on Fox says: "Star" witness sees story unravel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 29, 2022 6:39 PM

When's the next hearing? Any word yet?

by Anonymousreply 422June 29, 2022 6:40 PM

Former Hill aide to Paul Ryan and Boehner:

I don’t know Cassidy Hutchinson, and I can’t speak to how things worked at the White House, but when Meadows was on the Hill he always insisted that she be in *every* meeting he had, no matter how small. It was odd then, and doesnt seem to be working out for him now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423June 29, 2022 6:43 PM

The committee hearing members are giving the accused terrorists rope to hang themselves.

The opening minutes of yesterday's hearing showed diagrams of the office making it very clear, even if you want to pretend to not know who the witness is, you knew where her desk is because the WH is a small place.

by Anonymousreply 424June 29, 2022 6:45 PM

Cassidy Hutchinson was among the few ex-WH staffers who came with Trump to Florida after the presidency. So much for " 'I didn't know her".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 29, 2022 6:54 PM

R414 he was having a Happy Meal or two in the car.

by Anonymousreply 426June 29, 2022 7:00 PM

Touché, r416 and r426. Touché indeed.

LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 427June 29, 2022 7:26 PM

R356 is wrong. "Lede" is journalistic jargon that is recognized by outsiders in everyday writing. It's the word "lead," describing the most important part of the story, but it's spelled that way in writing to distinguish it from any other possible reading of L-E-A-D. So quick to call other people stupid and bitches!

by Anonymousreply 428June 29, 2022 8:08 PM

R117. Lest we forget that Dump fired Esper at the DoD and installed his goon squad in his place. Dump ordered the DoD to stand down and let the coup proceed. This was a well-planned event. No doubt about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 29, 2022 8:12 PM

Well, this thread seems to have about 200 posts to go…..

by Anonymousreply 430June 29, 2022 8:17 PM

Giddy up.

by Anonymousreply 431June 29, 2022 8:19 PM

Just when I thought I’d heard the worst possible thing about Trump…

He listens to “Memory” from CATS to calm himself down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 29, 2022 8:23 PM

"Desatan" is DeSantis? I've seen his real name so few times in this thread that I'm not sure anymore. Nicknames for politicians, when used to the exclusion of real names, are tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 433June 29, 2022 8:25 PM

Will Mark Meadows become a popular inmate in prison? Will he need a personal secretary to schedule his social engagements in Cell Block D?

by Anonymousreply 434June 29, 2022 8:28 PM

I knew I hated that song for a reason, r432!

by Anonymousreply 435June 29, 2022 8:34 PM

Why would these SS agents be so in love with Dump? Remember when he had covid and made them drive him around maskless while he waved to his MAGA rubes? I wonder how many of them caught covid from his fat ass. But he also gave Chris Christie covid and that fat POS said he'd vote for him again. I just don't get why anyone with half a brain would want to get sick and die for this orange con man.

by Anonymousreply 436June 29, 2022 8:35 PM

[quote]"Desatan" is DeSantis? Nicknames for politicians, when used to the exclusion of real names, are tiresome.

You needed a Rosetta Stone to crack that code?

by Anonymousreply 437June 29, 2022 8:36 PM

R436, I think that Dump has the option to pick his SS agents, and he picked deplorable ones. But I agree with you, anyone with three brain cells should see that he’s a charlatan.

by Anonymousreply 438June 29, 2022 8:37 PM

R432, I mean do we need any more proof he has so much in common with the "common worker" Scooter in Paducah?

[quote]Why would these SS agents be so in love with Dump?

Because most of them are white, conservative assholes with fascistic tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 439June 29, 2022 8:37 PM

[quote]with fascistic tendencies.

That’s a hard word to pronounce.

by Anonymousreply 440June 29, 2022 8:38 PM

Mark Meadows seems really stupid. Like borderline retarded.

by Anonymousreply 441June 29, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote] Why didn't she just stay at Fox and make bank?

Maybe because she has a soul?

by Anonymousreply 442June 29, 2022 8:39 PM

r432. Thanks for the laughs. What a sicko.

by Anonymousreply 443June 29, 2022 8:41 PM

I could have sworn Dump was watching the Jan. 6, 2020 coup live while he and his family were whooping it up at Camp David. I remember they were dancing to “Gloria” by Laura Brannigan.

Can someone date this AP footage where he is returning from Camp David.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444June 29, 2022 8:44 PM

Didn't he go to Camp David to offer up some shit to the Taliban terrorists? Like free stays at Mar-a-Lago if they would quit fighting in Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 445June 29, 2022 8:46 PM

For you, R432:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 29, 2022 8:50 PM

Some sort of fake shit cover like it^^

The Dumps were whores when vacations and golf outings were paid for by us taxpayers.. He would take his entire tribe globetrotting around the world. But these fucking racist yee-haws grumbled when Michelle Obama bought fucking clothes. Sickening!

by Anonymousreply 447June 29, 2022 8:51 PM

[quote]Why would these SS agents be so in love with Dump?

The same reason paramilitary rightwing groups attract a lot of ex-military and law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 448June 29, 2022 8:56 PM

He was in the White House on Jan 6 after he gave his speech on the Mall. That’s where he recorded the message to the protesters that they finally sent out that afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 449June 29, 2022 8:56 PM

Trump said he didn't through food against the wall. Of course he says that, he's a well known liar.

by Anonymousreply 450June 29, 2022 9:05 PM

Here's an interesting quote from the National Review about Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony about the Trump SUV strangle attempt. It reasonably indicates that Cheney had almost certainly already heard from the direct witness of the event, Engel, before she allowed Hutchinson to testify about what Ornato told her had happened (with Engel in the room with them):

"On that score, we must note that before presenting Hutchinson’s stunning testimony, the committee interviewed Engel. (It is not clear to me whether Ornato has testified.) Consistent with the panel’s maddeningly opaque process, Engel’s testimony has not been released, so we can’t weigh it against Hutchinson’s and we don’t even know if he was asked about what happened in the SUV. All we can say is that before choosing to elicit Hutchinson’s account in a hyped public hearing, the committee heard Engel’s testimony. Presumably, if Engel gave the committee reason to believe Hutchinson’s hearsay account was wrong, Cheney would not have adduced it. If it turns out that Engel disputed Hutchinson’s story, and that Cheney knew that but adduced Hutchinson’s story anyway, without confronting Hutchinson with Engel’s contrary version of events, the committee might as well pack up its bags and go home. Going forward, the committee must come clean with all the evidence it has collected on this matter. At the very least, we should hear testimony from Ornato."

(The upshot of the NR piece is that Trump is now done for, politically.)

by Anonymousreply 451June 29, 2022 9:07 PM

Alyssa Farah Griffin 🇺🇸

[quote] Tony Ornato lied about me too. During the protests at Lafayette sq in 2020, I told Mark Meadows & Ornato they needed to warn press staged there before clearing the square. Meadows replied: “we aren’t doing that.” Tony later lied & said the exchange never happened. He knows it did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452June 29, 2022 9:09 PM

R452, not that we even needed more proof. Anyone still defending Trump has used a blowtorch to find something lower than bottom.

by Anonymousreply 453June 29, 2022 9:27 PM

I love picturing Ornato standing at the door as a sentry while Trump visited Hope Hick's office and had a happy meal.

by Anonymousreply 454June 29, 2022 9:37 PM

People have strange fixations.

What is the obsession with the thrown plate of food?

Why is this so memorable in a hearing that featured a general taking the fifth when asked if he believes in the peaceful transition of power?

by Anonymousreply 455June 29, 2022 9:41 PM

So true r455. It’s appalling that Flynn was only the second most offensive thing we heard yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 456June 29, 2022 9:44 PM

Consider yourself lucky it was only ketchup, Cassidy! He usually throws a loaded poopy diaper at me and the only way I can calm him down is a striptease and a little cock sucking.

by Anonymousreply 457June 29, 2022 9:46 PM

Because the fucking media obsesses over the silly shit. The "ketchup" and the car nonsense gets focused upon while the fact that a president encouraged weapons and the MAGs to be taken down, gets little coverage.

That Flynn moment when he was asked about peaceful transfer, shocked me. Glenn Kirchner said it best. He should be made to be brought back into service to face a court martial. That we have to pay this terrorist a pension when he betrayed the country that gives him that pension, is disgusting. And where the fuck is his shit brother?

by Anonymousreply 458June 29, 2022 9:47 PM

What about his shit son, R458? Probably both in Russia killing Ukrainians.

by Anonymousreply 459June 29, 2022 9:50 PM

[quote]Trump said he didn't through food against the wall.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 460June 29, 2022 9:51 PM

[quote] He should be made to be brought back into service to face a court martial.

Colin Powell was saying this too before he died. I think it could be pretty easily done if the military brass wanted it to happen. The fact that it hasn't happened makes me wonder if they're sympathetic to this traitor.

by Anonymousreply 461June 29, 2022 9:51 PM

I forgot his son was a dickhead, too. That family is all traitorous trash

by Anonymousreply 462June 29, 2022 9:52 PM

No, it is CERTAINLY relevant when the man who has the suitcase with all the codes for all of the US's nuclear weapons, at the age or 72 or whatever, is having a fucking hissy fit and throwing his goddamned dishes at the wall, ripping the tablecloth off the table, and leaving the mess so that his employees (US taxpayers' employees) have to uncomplainingly clean up after him. It is VERY relevant to the whole problem of this asshole and to American politics. It is no small thing.

by Anonymousreply 463June 29, 2022 9:53 PM

Agreed, R463. I shouldn't have been so flippant and called it a "hissy fit." I just don't want the assholes on the right trying to drown the truth of everything she said over "beast" vs "suburban" as a way to deflect from all of the horrifying things we heard.

by Anonymousreply 464June 29, 2022 9:56 PM

I really wish we had more Democrat versions of Liz Cheney. Just cold and no fucks left to give.

by Anonymousreply 465June 29, 2022 9:59 PM

Given the placement of the dish throwing fits, I am hoping for someone different to be called supporting that testimony when the Committee meets next

by Anonymousreply 466June 29, 2022 10:09 PM

^I liked the fact that she did not go into the other episodes, she just indicated, with a regretful look, that it definitely wasn't the only time she knew it had happened.

by Anonymousreply 467June 29, 2022 10:11 PM

Excuse me.

Did you miss the hearing describing how Ghouliani asked the witness if she was "excited" for J6. He asked on January the second.

Security detail positively identified people who were armed.

Maga telling his people to take down the metal detectors because they weren't there to hurt him?

All these details point out this shit was planned.

A terrorist attack planned by the government is more relevant than ketchup spilled.

by Anonymousreply 468June 29, 2022 10:15 PM

Then WHY did she continue to work in his admin and go to Mar a Lago afterwards? Bizarre young lady.

by Anonymousreply 469June 29, 2022 10:16 PM

It would be funny if the White House released a pic of a faded reddish smear on the wall. Ketchup is a bitch to get out of things!

by Anonymousreply 470June 29, 2022 10:19 PM

maga is here to ask inane questions and obsessed over minor details taken from a hearing with two hours of bombshells

by Anonymousreply 471June 29, 2022 10:20 PM

The White House Usher or head housekeeper could confirm these events.

by Anonymousreply 472June 29, 2022 10:26 PM

[quote]Then WHY did she continue to work in his admin and go to Mar a Lago afterwards?

Has this been confirmed that she actually worked there? Klangerine is simultaneously claiming he didn’t know who she was and that he “personally” denied her being hired at Margo Lardo.

by Anonymousreply 473June 29, 2022 10:29 PM

I don’t think the White House staff could be fired for testifying truthfully under oath after having received a subpoena. That’s a very different thing than tattling to the National Enquirer.

by Anonymousreply 474June 29, 2022 10:34 PM

I'm surprised there wouldn't be a camera in the vehicle. I hope there is!

by Anonymousreply 475June 29, 2022 10:37 PM

Carol Leonnig raised an interesting point on Nicolle's show today. It’s a crime to carry a gun on federal property, yet the secret service didn’t lift a finger when they knew all those MAGAt people were carrying guns on the Mall. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 476June 29, 2022 10:49 PM

Be careful giving Liz too much credit. This is committee words they are likely reading off the teleprompter. I’m sure each has say in what is said, though. This is a committee stacked with the best. Schiff is a gold standard prosecutor. They are smart to let a Republican woman do a lot of the live TV events. I’ve heard that was Pelosi’s call.

by Anonymousreply 477June 29, 2022 10:53 PM

I will forever be a loyal acolyte.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478June 29, 2022 10:57 PM

Trump at the wheel, Maddie in the passenger seat... fiery crash!

by Anonymousreply 479June 29, 2022 10:59 PM

Cipollone has received a subpoena from the committee.

by Anonymousreply 480June 29, 2022 11:00 PM

Oh shit!

LOVE it!

by Anonymousreply 481June 29, 2022 11:19 PM

Won’t he just invoke attorney-client and/or executive privilege?

by Anonymousreply 482June 29, 2022 11:19 PM

Madison can go fuck his cousin.

by Anonymousreply 483June 29, 2022 11:21 PM

R476, and did you hear her pretty much confirm that not every SS agent is to be respected/trusted - in that many are fucking deplorables who have no business being in the job because they don't behave as apolitical.

by Anonymousreply 484June 29, 2022 11:23 PM

Is anyone watching MSNBC right now? Boy, DeSantis has put on a lot of fucking weight over the last four years

by Anonymousreply 485June 29, 2022 11:24 PM

[quote]I will forever be a loyal acolyte.

You, Maddie, will forever be irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 486June 29, 2022 11:33 PM

Miss Lindzebelle comments.

Is she aging well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487June 29, 2022 11:47 PM

^She really is just an awful asshole.

by Anonymousreply 488June 29, 2022 11:52 PM

The obsession over thrown food goes to show regular people what MAGAts worship in an emotionally retarded charismatic cult leader.

Can't imagine Obama or Biden doing such crap. Even Blow Job Big Dog retained his composure.

Just goes to show that electing America's Bankrupt Businessman wasn't as good as electing Democratic lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 489June 29, 2022 11:53 PM

Oh Linds, you sad, pathetic man...

[quote]"The committee, with a little bit of effort, could have told the other side of the story but they chose NOT to because they wanted sensational headlines. When it comes to Trump, every bad thing is true because they want it to be.”

by Anonymousreply 490June 29, 2022 11:56 PM

Somebody on the Twitter machine pointed out today that every moment in Presidential vehicles is recorded to video.

Wonder if Liz has that footage.

by Anonymousreply 491June 29, 2022 11:58 PM

To follow on what r491 posted, I wonder if the committee has any footage of Dump? They seem to have a lot of stuff, I wonder if they’re waiting for the grand finale to unveil it.

by Anonymousreply 492June 30, 2022 12:01 AM

R492, i said that before the hearing even started. There is no question they'll end with actual video footage of Dump from his own actions and words. That's when we'll see it. I get goosebumps thinking about it.

In fact, I have no doubt they brought Hutchison on to verbally-confirm some of the things they have on video and they will air her words followed by video confirmation. It's coming.

by Anonymousreply 493June 30, 2022 12:06 AM

hearings* even started

by Anonymousreply 494June 30, 2022 12:06 AM

Poo-10, get yo cruel ass outta Ukraine 🇺🇦, and release the pee pee tapes to the world!

by Anonymousreply 495June 30, 2022 12:08 AM

Robert Gibbs said that he had to chuckle at the story with the thrown plates because he can't even imagine Obama so much as lifting a fork, let alone throwing it.

by Anonymousreply 496June 30, 2022 12:10 AM

^Throwing shit? Well, I nevah!

by Anonymousreply 497June 30, 2022 12:22 AM

I'm surprised Dump didn't *literally * throw shit!

by Anonymousreply 498June 30, 2022 12:25 AM

That we know of, R498.

by Anonymousreply 499June 30, 2022 12:27 AM

Fixated on the boring details of the ketchup and the dustup in the presidential car.

But not contradicting maga demanded metal detectors be taken down to let his people through to the capitol.

by Anonymousreply 500June 30, 2022 12:29 AM

R498

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 30, 2022 12:48 AM

"Hearings will not age well unlike moi"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502June 30, 2022 12:51 AM

R500 - and notice how Dump and his Dumpkins aren’t focused on the most damning stuff, either?

by Anonymousreply 503June 30, 2022 12:51 AM

Trump...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504June 30, 2022 12:54 AM

To be fair R450 his fatass might've not thrown food because like hell he was gonna not eat all the food on the plates. So it was just the dirty dishes and everything left and smeared on them.

by Anonymousreply 505June 30, 2022 1:16 AM

Liz Cheney has great hair.

by Anonymousreply 506June 30, 2022 1:25 AM

I understand how a 25 yo could be a top assistant to the Chief of Staff, but I’m a little surprised that he was relying on her advice (like not going to the Willard meeting) or that people thought she had the power to keep Trump from going to the Congress. Obviously they worked very closely together and must have had a lot of trust, so I wonder how hard it was for her to give this testimony that implicates him. I doubt if he’s happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 507June 30, 2022 1:33 AM

British documentary filmmaker Alex Holder interview from today's *New York Magazine*, here's the punchline:

"Based on my interactions with him — I don’t claim to be a psychologist or psychiatrist, but in those moments, the position he gave to me is someone who was utterly irrational, someone living in an alternate reality, and that there was no way to have a coherent, rational conversation with him. It’s very scary when people start to believe in their own lies, and when you can’t have a rational conversation with them — that’s when things become very dangerous. And we’ve seen that play out in history, when very dangerous people start to believe in their own rhetoric and are able to get their supporters to believe."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508June 30, 2022 1:36 AM

Maybe since she left that toxic situation, like the worst job you’ve ever had, she had a chance to calm down and realize how messed up it was. She implied that her days were chaotic and, at the end, frightening.

by Anonymousreply 509June 30, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote]"The committee, with a little bit of effort, could have told the other side of the story"

I really don't understand this comment. [italic]What[/italic] other side? There is no "other side" of the truth. Do these people not understand how a congressional hearing works? Is this all just blather for their base because they know they're too fucking stupid to question it?

by Anonymousreply 510June 30, 2022 1:40 AM

^ALL of these cunts are suddenly slithering out of the woodwork, declaring that Donny is "obviously" crazy, "obviously" not fit to be President, and yet for 2 FUCKING YEARS, none of them have had shit to say about this, nothing to say while this fascist dictator-wannabe tried to destroy our government. Makes ya think, huh?

by Anonymousreply 511June 30, 2022 1:42 AM

Retweet if you would still like Mad Maddy driving his wheels off a long flight of stairs.

by Anonymousreply 512June 30, 2022 1:44 AM

Both sides to a one sided argument like the good people on both sides of the Charleston White Supremacy protests?

Sorry Trumpkins, bothsiderism doesn't work with evil.

And Kevin tried to put Jordan on the original committee but Nancy understands, there is no both sides when one is patently evil.

by Anonymousreply 513June 30, 2022 1:49 AM

This committee is telling the whole story and in minute detail. So sit back and watch maga collapse from the weight of keeping all their lies held together.

by Anonymousreply 514June 30, 2022 1:50 AM

I'm ready for the next episode, cliffhangers are painful.

by Anonymousreply 515June 30, 2022 1:58 AM

I think we all know the "other side's argument": might makes right, and Trump should have simply seized power. Sadly, the Republicans have abandoned free government in favor of dictatorship and are barely even pretending otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 516June 30, 2022 2:00 AM

I can only take so much edging.

by Anonymousreply 517June 30, 2022 2:00 AM

this is not about Republicans, it's about maga.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518June 30, 2022 2:06 AM

There are very few Republicans speaking out against MAGA. MAGA has taken over the base and even over the leadership. People like Luttig and Cheney are few and far between.

by Anonymousreply 519June 30, 2022 2:13 AM

I want to send Kevin McCarthy an Edibles Arrangement with a card reading: Thanks for Being a Petulant Douchebag About the Committee, Dickhead. -Love, Real Patriots

In case you're unfamiliar with some of the things Dems agreed to with John Katko:

[quote]Before talks began, House Democrats proposed an 11-member commission, seven appointed by Democrats and four named by Republicans. Katko was able to get Thompson to agree to a 10-member commission, with each party appointing five members. The other significant concessions: Democrats would name the chair, but Republicans would choose the vice chair. Working together, the chair and the vice chair would appoint the commission's staff and agree on the issuance of subpoenas. (The majority of the commission could agree to issue subpoenas, too.)

Can you imagine what a disgraceful display it would've been if a fucking traitor like Jordan was on it? It's the equivalent of one of the people who helped hold down a rape victim, being on the jury.

by Anonymousreply 520June 30, 2022 2:18 AM

And sniveling worms like Lindsey Graham are still bending over backward to try to defend Trump as though expecting him to be back in power any day now.

by Anonymousreply 521June 30, 2022 2:18 AM

I remember when Kevin Joseph McCarthy released his picks and Nance shoved those guys out, one of the talking heads said there was no point in having people on the committee that would be telling you the sky is green the whole time. I thought that was a great way to put it.

by Anonymousreply 522June 30, 2022 2:24 AM

[quote] CHENEY at Reagan Library tonight:

[quote] "At this moment, we are confronting a domestic threat we have never faced before– a former president who is attempting to unravel the foundations of our Constitutional Republic."

[quote] GOP leaders, she says, have become "willing hostages."

[quote] Republicans "cannot be both loyal to Donald Trump and loyal to the Constitution."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523June 30, 2022 2:24 AM

The new talking points are cross examination. These witnesses haven’t been cross examined!!!!!!

For once, Republicans can’t derail something with their clown show antics. Can you imagine the witnesses called to say, yes, the election was stolen blah blah blah? What we are seeing from this committee is how things *should* be- both Ds and Rs methodically going after the truth. 99% of Republicans can’t do that anymore. To believe the BS conservatives and Republicans believe in requires you to live in a fantasy land reality free.

Pelosi goaded Kevin into canceling their part of the committee. No way she was going to allow them to sabotage this. She knew Kevin said if he wasn’t allowed to place any member he wanted he would pull out of it. She called his bluff and he pulled out.

by Anonymousreply 524June 30, 2022 2:34 AM

[quote] She called his bluff and he pulled out.

I wish his father had pulled out instead.

by Anonymousreply 525June 30, 2022 2:38 AM

I guess that was his experience with every woman who had the misfortune of dealing with him.

by Anonymousreply 526June 30, 2022 2:40 AM

Who is defending Trump anymore? The usual gang of losers? That is not a winning strategy.

by Anonymousreply 527June 30, 2022 2:41 AM

I'm all he needs.

by Anonymousreply 528June 30, 2022 2:51 AM

r527, I believe this should answer your question:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

Jean-Paul Sartre

by Anonymousreply 529June 30, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote]The new talking points are cross examination. These witnesses haven’t been cross examined!!!!!!

Meadow's lawyer started that bullshit...as he tells Ginni to STFU about saying she'd testify. I guess he's admitting his own clients can't handle ANY examination.

by Anonymousreply 530June 30, 2022 2:58 AM

Mark Meadows, Giuliani, Trump … these are all men who will be indicted.

by Anonymousreply 531June 30, 2022 2:59 AM

For them, lies are just another version of truth. They have fallen into the cult and now believe that any lie that any Trumpista tells is just as good, just as valid, as any truth told by anybody else. It's the ultimate "both sides" argument and they just can't imagine why it isn't completely valid.

This is why this can only end in a lot of arrests. They will not accept any reality until they are all sitting in jail cells. Then they may start to get it.

by Anonymousreply 532June 30, 2022 3:00 AM

It’s very possible that these Pukes fall in line behind Dump because he has kompromat on all of them, courtesy of Poutine. Stuff that could harm their family members/family relations even.

by Anonymousreply 533June 30, 2022 3:22 AM

R518, Better familiarize yourself with scorpions.

by Anonymousreply 534June 30, 2022 3:25 AM

Junior and Eric are fucked up messes and scared of Daddy. Looks out he raped Ivana and tore her hair out.

by Anonymousreply 535June 30, 2022 3:36 AM

The Select Committee has subpoenaed former White House Counsel Pasquale “Pat” Cipollone for deposition testimony as a part of the committee’s investigation into the January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 30, 2022 5:14 AM

Just saying, but if the Dems are running on Biden and the Republicans are running on Trump, we are screwed as a country. Terrible choices of men pushing 80. There’s going to be a major disaster before it gets better.

by Anonymousreply 537June 30, 2022 5:33 AM

maga obsesses over details of the hearing like the potential recorded footage of the dustup in the car.

because the footage is not available, the incident in the car didn't happen. and if the incident in the car didn't happen, Cassidy Hutchinson lied.

and if Cassidy Hutchinson lied, J6 didnt happen.

by Anonymousreply 538June 30, 2022 7:54 AM

if you are fixated on the narrative both sides are as bad as the other, you haven't watched these hearings.

by Anonymousreply 539June 30, 2022 7:57 AM

I like when people say "both sides." Makes it easier to weed out the idiots.

by Anonymousreply 540June 30, 2022 8:00 AM

R540. I know. Any idiot who starts in on that both sides shit is an automatic block. They can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 541June 30, 2022 8:03 AM

in another forum, maga defended Ginni Thompsons role in all this as exercising her second amendment right as a quote private citizen.

maga is doubling down and will take the rest of us with them if we don't put the breaks on their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 542June 30, 2022 8:15 AM

Just like with the bible, they know less than shit about the Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 543June 30, 2022 8:17 AM

I would assume they mean she is taking her first amendment right r542.

Or at least I hope that is what they mean.

by Anonymousreply 544June 30, 2022 8:19 AM

ha!@r544

by Anonymousreply 545June 30, 2022 8:24 AM

"The reality that we face today as Republicans, as we think about the choice in front of us, we have to choose because Republicans cannot both be loyal to Donald Trump and loyal to the constitution."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 30, 2022 8:47 AM

[quote]Won’t he just invoke attorney-client and/or executive privilege?

When this came up during the impeachment, it was stated that A/C privilege at least didn't apply because he wasn't Trump's personal lawyer. I really hope Cippoline does testify; it sounds like he was marginalized in Trump World and is clearly a marked man now that he's out completely. Maybe as a self-preservation effort, at least.

As far as Lady G's laments about "both sides", I think it speaks to the effectiveness of the hearings that the only means of attack she has at her disposable is the old "both sides" trope. It's now a matter of the crimes committed at which point there is no "both sides." She is so pathetic, but she's just a side show at this point.

As far as Big Ginni goes, I don't know if they'll ever get to her, but I think the most important thing is to build a wall around her, have all these people testify that she was behind it - not just a participant - but an active player in a coup

by Anonymousreply 547June 30, 2022 9:23 AM

the committee has the receipts, literally of who paid for the transportation of the tourists on J6

by Anonymousreply 548June 30, 2022 9:58 AM

Biden governing as a head in a jar is infinitely better than a mobile Trump.

It's not what a president is physically capable of but their philosophies that motivate their constituents.

Besides, Biden, pre-jar, is motivating the world and strengthening NATO like never before.

Biden is a force to be reckoned with. Brandon is my President.

by Anonymousreply 549June 30, 2022 12:18 PM

Yeah, we’ve heard the MAGAT side already. It went something like. “It was just a friendly group of tourists”, “Ashli was just on a happy tour and got shot by the left”.

by Anonymousreply 550June 30, 2022 12:25 PM

^Well, in typical MAGA grievance-style, it's the typical "people felt robbed because of all of these irregularities and they just needed to lash out and be heard" (or some such nonsense). As opposed to the truth, which is: they didn't like the results because they consider themselves & their vote more important than the majority who voted for Biden, so (with the encouragement & funding of people like Ginni Thomas) they decided to take matters into their own hands. Period. There is no other *side* to tell.

But who cares what Lady G says; I thought it was notable that there were no texts from Lady G trying to talk down Trump when even Hannity was advising him to get his shit together

by Anonymousreply 551June 30, 2022 12:50 PM

magats are abusers.

Abusers:" Look what you made me do to you".

Abusers:" get over it, why are we still talking about this"

Abusers "it never happened ".

This country is being held hostage by them. Just take a look at what maga has done to SCOTUS. Maga has to be removed.

by Anonymousreply 552June 30, 2022 12:52 PM

Lady G was tap dancing and cracking jokes on the senate floor on J6, though I admit he looked nervous.

Abusers: " you take everything so seriously".

by Anonymousreply 553June 30, 2022 12:57 PM

[quote]I thought it was notable that there were no texts from Lady G trying to talk down Trump when even Hannity was advising him to get his shit together

According to "This Will Not Pass:" the book by reporters Jonathan Marting and Alexander Burns, Lindsey called the White House attorney as the riot raged and warned that, if Trump didn't act more quickly to tamp down the violence, "we'll be asking you for the 25th Amendment."

After the riot, he took to the Senate floor to announce he was "done with Trump."

But it turned out to be just a lover's spat -- the two were back to publicly cooing sweet nothings to each other soon after.

by Anonymousreply 554June 30, 2022 1:01 PM

^It's exactly analogous to the "trash talk" that Shitler's lawyers put out about the Dominion and Smartmatic voting machines, allegedly sending results to Beijing, and being hacked in all kinds of other ways. They acted like they were immune from accountability because it was just "electioneering." Well, their bullshit nearly resulted in a serious collapse of our political system, and now they have found out that making those claims, with NOTHING whatsoever to back them up, is likely going to cost them everything they have ever had, especially Ghouliani and The Kraken. It's no less than they deserve and it will CERTAINLY send an important signal to assholes on down the road who're tempted to pull more of the same shit in future campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 555June 30, 2022 1:51 PM

I give Lady G five more years tops. She'll be dead of cirrhosis. Every time she speaks she's completely wasted.

by Anonymousreply 556June 30, 2022 3:01 PM

She will die in Guanto in a cell next to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 557June 30, 2022 3:02 PM

[quote]"people felt robbed because of all of these irregularities and they just needed to lash out and be heard"

60 fucking judges heard these morons (incl. Trump-appointed] and every one of them asked "Where's the fucking evidence?" These grifters go hold their stupid press conf., and go on OAN, FOX, Newsmax to scream "fraud," but present nothing resembling evidence in that courtroom. These moronic followers screaming about "Dominion" just ignore that their right-wing propaganda networks have already been made to admit it was a lie about Dominion because when you're actually being sued over the BS you spew, you can't get away with it.

I wish someone would sue that fucking asshole Dinesh over his garbage propaganda film.

by Anonymousreply 558June 30, 2022 3:37 PM

That’s what blows my mind, R558, not one shred of evidence from these morons, and all I hear from them is “fraud”. And all the followers keep shouting “fraud” without a single shred of evidence. It’s the new alternate reality where all you have to do is say something and it’s true. No one needs proof anymore.

by Anonymousreply 559June 30, 2022 4:34 PM

While a certain segment of the population believed in fraud, I think a lot of Trump supporters know they lost, but the "fraud" angle is their unwillingness to accept it. Plus, those people live in a Fox News/Joe Rogan bullshit echo chamber that tells them what they want to hear & they are 100% right about everything.

by Anonymousreply 560June 30, 2022 4:43 PM

Exactly, R559. You want a recent example? A "source" from the SS is denying Hutchinson's story about the car incident. So someone with the guts to come forward despite death threats and who goes under oath, is not to be believed, but the anonymous source is to be believed. And as you see from R452, it's not first time Ornato has claimed someone under oath is the one who is lying. When you have a pattern of accusing more than one person --who actually went under oath-- of lying, maybe you're the one with a dubious claim -especially when it's on behalf of a trashbag who is more bullshit than human.

by Anonymousreply 561June 30, 2022 4:44 PM

Liz Cheney sums up exactly what Trump did on January 6, and sets out exactly what is at stake re the continuation of our form of government. A speech at the Reagan Library, 4 minutes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562June 30, 2022 5:00 PM

Well, he grabbed THEM by the pussy, and now it certainly seems like THEY have chopped his balls right off:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563June 30, 2022 5:08 PM

Dumpy is crazy.

Who knew?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564June 30, 2022 5:18 PM

[quote] Dumpy is crazy.

He must have gone extra crazy after he was banned from his precious Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 565June 30, 2022 5:27 PM

I think you’re right r565. He couldn’t vent anymore, and lost his mind.

by Anonymousreply 566June 30, 2022 5:30 PM

How embarrassing is it that a sitting POTUS had to be banned from posting on a second-rate social media platform like Twitter?

BTW, the messages posted from his Twitter account on J6 are being used as evidence in these hearings

by Anonymousreply 567June 30, 2022 5:33 PM

[quote]He couldn’t vent anymore

Well...

by Anonymousreply 568June 30, 2022 5:35 PM

Trump needed to stay in office for 2 reasons.

1) he's a narcissist and attention whore

2) he's in debt from his feet to his diapers and from his head to his gunt, so he needed to stall, be untouchable as POTUS, and continue to grift.

This is all just about that. Just that.

Stupefying that so many GOP went along with all his crazy.

by Anonymousreply 569June 30, 2022 5:35 PM

Trump isn't the problem. Anyone even remotely decent knows he's garbage. It's the people who have enabled him his whole life knowing what a scumbag he is who make me vomit. And I will never hate Trump or wish death on him as I do the people who failed humanity by allowing that pile of shit to defile the presidency and destroy the country for good.

by Anonymousreply 570June 30, 2022 5:37 PM

Also I don't think he "went insane" in those months after he lost. I think he is just continuously this person. This MO has been attached for decades to Trump. Never concede defeat, never admit a mistake or a loss. NEVER EVER. This is all more of the same. This is who he has always been.

by Anonymousreply 571June 30, 2022 5:37 PM

Man this thread is a movin’ kind of slow… since we’re almost at the dreaded 600 posts, are we all re-gathering at the regular Jan 6 thread? Or should I try and create a part 2? Jan 6 thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572June 30, 2022 5:39 PM

I favor resuming over at "4B," R572; the fewer new threads, the better (and less confusing).

by Anonymousreply 573June 30, 2022 5:49 PM

R527. But one has to admit that we can equivocate forever and not get anything done. Language can be used as a form of bullying. To assert obvious fact-free statements is a form of insult and bullying. It’s there to insult you intelligence. However, too much talking and no action is what the media and the DEMS have an obvious problem with, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 574June 30, 2022 6:03 PM

[quote]Filmmaker says ‘rational conversation’ with Trump not possible after Jan. 6

I'm pretty sure you could place a period after "not possible" and this headline would remain just as accurate.

by Anonymousreply 575June 30, 2022 6:04 PM

[quote] if we don't put the breaks on their bullshit.

Oh, dear!

(Though I do like the idea of putting these breaks on them: their arms, their legs, their heads.)

by Anonymousreply 576June 30, 2022 9:23 PM

And, r559, sometimes they turn it around with the bullshit, “you prove there was no fraud.”

Uh, what?!

by Anonymousreply 577June 30, 2022 9:24 PM

[quote] 60 fucking judges heard these morons (incl. Trump-appointed] and every one of them asked "Where's the fucking evidence?"

Giuliani to a Court: “We’re not alleging fraud here, Your Honor.”

They’re so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 578June 30, 2022 9:26 PM

R547, thanks for the clarification.

by Anonymousreply 579June 30, 2022 9:28 PM

[quote]Trump isn't the problem. Anyone even remotely decent knows he's garbage. It's the people who have enabled him his whole life knowing what a scumbag he is who make me vomit. And I will never hate Trump or wish death on him as I do the people who failed humanity by allowing that pile of shit to defile the presidency and destroy the country for good.

People who enabled him? His parents? His ex-wives? His lawyers? What does that even mean?

What drivel. Trump is the problem. First. Last. Always.

by Anonymousreply 580July 1, 2022 3:42 PM

Do you feel that way about Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy - it's never their fault, oh no - some "enablers" somewhere along the line are to blame, only them.

by Anonymousreply 581July 1, 2022 3:59 PM

Washington Post article as of today I did this as a gift article so hopefully, you get passed the paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582July 1, 2022 5:13 PM

“Passed the paywall”?

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 583July 1, 2022 5:24 PM

How in the world is Liz Cheney losing to these clowns? I don't agree with virtually anything she stands for policy-wise, but how batshit crazy are Wyoming GOPers to shun her in favor of conspiracy loons who can barely string two sentences together?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584July 1, 2022 5:24 PM

Just exactly that batshit crazy r584.

by Anonymousreply 585July 1, 2022 5:26 PM

Ignorant and inarticulate. Astounding.

by Anonymousreply 586July 1, 2022 5:40 PM

Breaking: Mark Meadows sent one of those witness tampering messages to Huthinson.

Also, Breaking: Pat C. has supposedly agreed to testify in writing with stipulations on what he can be asked.

by Anonymousreply 587July 1, 2022 6:20 PM

No one seems to be denying that Trump knew the mob was armed and he wanted to join them.

by Anonymousreply 588July 1, 2022 6:26 PM

[quote]No one seems to be denying that Trump knew the mob was armed and he wanted to join them.

Imagine that.

by Anonymousreply 589July 1, 2022 6:29 PM

It shows intent to overturn the government. They are creating a long list of charges to be levied against Fat Cheetoh.

by Anonymousreply 590July 1, 2022 6:31 PM

R580, you really didn't understand my point? No, Trump isn't the problem because he has always been known as a stupid, scummy, attention-whore clown. It's when people who are far too smart and accomplished enables someone like him that he became president or never really held accountable for his past behavior.

Let's start with the media: Trump was always known as a sleaze, but the moment he started with the birther crap was the moment his stupid show should've been pulled and no media outlet should've ever again given him a platform. They normalized something despicable for ratings. It went downhill from there.

A person with a modicum of decency (and that includes some conservatives) would have immediately stopped him from being a "thing." Instead, the media covered his every fart despite his bigotry and racism.

Someone like Trump can't ascend to power all on his own - he is enabled by far smarter, wealthier people - with no ethics or decency.

by Anonymousreply 591July 1, 2022 6:34 PM

Well now it's officially "He said/He said: (Assuming all of Trump SS are male). SS going at it among themselves.

"Secret Service agents are now confirming that they heard the same account that Cassidy Hutchinson recounted under oath, according to CNN reporting.

The agents calling her a liar should be investigated for ties to the Trump Coup plot."

Only someone who thinks Trump shits chocolate ice cream thought the story wasn't true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592July 1, 2022 7:13 PM

Other secret service agents admit they heard the same story about Trump having a hissy fit in the car on riot day. That he was irate and reached for the wheel. "Widely known" amongst the agency. And that yes - Trump threw temper tantrums, throwing things, etc. Apparently, the "driver" liked to tell the story.

So the two Trump agents just got caught. This is great!

And Cassidy is backed up.

by Anonymousreply 593July 1, 2022 7:15 PM

You really do have to be lower than a bottom-feeder to believe a single fucking thing that comes from Trump's side. You have to accept you are either a complete imbecile who should be sterilized or just downright scum of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 594July 1, 2022 7:24 PM

[quoter]How in the world is Liz Cheney losing to these clowns?

From looking at the congressional map, she's got Cheyenne, but *lots* of rural territory = MAGA ville. Though I did hear where dems are re-registering as repigs to vote for her. Though how many of them are there? That said, for better or worse, I don't think we've heard the last of Liz whether she wins or loses. This too will pass and when it does, she'll be unstoppable.

I saw that about Cipollone too & he's kept the whole thing tied in up court so long, at this point, I'd say fuck it & take him on whatever terms you can get. Even if you got 50% of what he knows, I'll bet that's still a lot.

So Meadows contacted her...hmmm, wouldn't that be ironic if he gets sent to the jug while his Dear Leader goes free?

by Anonymousreply 595July 1, 2022 7:26 PM

Here's my question: Would Meadows' lawyer *know* he sent that to her? I mean the lawyer obviously knows that's tampering.

by Anonymousreply 596July 1, 2022 7:32 PM

Trump will throw Mark Meadows under the bus. He will say it was all Meadows and he pretended to listen.

And that's what Liz needs to tell Meadows. Should she give him a deal?

by Anonymousreply 597July 1, 2022 7:39 PM

IT'S ALL FOR YOU DONALD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 598July 1, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote]Tony Ornato, throwing himself off the roof

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 599July 1, 2022 7:56 PM

Yay! The Trump Train is over. Happy July!

by Anonymousreply 600July 1, 2022 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!