Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The January 6th Hearings Thread 3B

Thread 3a suffered from loose noose and limp spear.

by Anonymousreply 565June 29, 2022 4:32 PM

But there were lots of great posts so here’s a link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2022 4:21 PM

Amen, ElderLez!

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2022 4:21 PM

Colbert

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2022 4:23 PM

Eat dirt and die, trash DeFacto!

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2022 4:36 PM

Has Defucto joined DJT and Greg as a perennial DL Villain of the Year nominee?

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2022 4:39 PM

Keep THIS thread alive, not his!

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2022 5:05 PM

ElderLez, here's what blocked DeFacto is posting about you in the abandoned thread:

[quote]Everyone follow ElderLez, the Pied Piper of lonely gays, over to the group delusion thread. She spends about 15 hours a day on Datalounge.com working you all into a lather with paranoid bullshit. Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2022 5:16 PM

Well, so far, there’s nothing interesting here.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2022 5:20 PM

I blocked the other thread, too stupid.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2022 5:21 PM

r9

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2022 5:23 PM

Lawrence: Why Did It Take So Long For Pence To Do The Right Thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2022 5:23 PM

One of the first people to offer testimony was the capitol guard who testified she was knocked unconscious and slipping in other people's blood.

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2022 5:27 PM

Why sully this thread with that, r7?

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2022 5:29 PM

Not using that thread, the discussion was crazy right from the beginning. Trolling gimps.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2022 5:31 PM

It currently seems as though the Justice Department wants the January 6 Committee to stop its work, and instead do the heavy lifting for criminal referrals by providing it with transcripts and access to witnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2022 5:32 PM

Doj? Press record. These hearings are turning the heat up on magats.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2022 5:35 PM

Judge Luttig who looked half dead yesterday, still made it very clear, these people are a clear and present danger and must be stopped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2022 5:39 PM

CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2022 5:40 PM

r12 r14

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2022 5:40 PM

19 is the gaplaylisttroll

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2022 5:44 PM

Thurgood Marshall Jr., an assistant to President Clinton and son of the former Supreme Court justice, attended law school with Luttig. He recalled that Luttig was virtually a member of Burger's family and delivered a moving eulogy at the chief justice's funeral.

But Luttig's career has not been free of controversy or political intrigue.

In 1991, he was criticized by legal ethicists for helping prepare Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas for hearings into sexual harassment allegations raised by Anita F. Hill. At the time, Luttig was a senior Justice Department official who had been confirmed by the Senate to the appeals bench and was waiting to be sworn in.

In 1990, Luttig was the Bush administration official charged with providing a "safe house" for eventual Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter before his confirmation hearings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2022 5:49 PM

R15 Why would any committee members not turn over their transcripts to the DOJ? Aren't they on the same side?

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2022 6:55 PM

Angry Republicans Vow To Investigate The January 6th Investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2022 7:08 PM

The Committee is part of a separate (Legislative) branch of government. The owe deference, but not total submission to the Executive Branch.

I also suspect there initially was genuine concern that unethical Trump partisans, burrowed into DOJ, might “spill the beans” as to what the Committee was discovering, either to potential targets (so they could prepare) or selectively to the public (to undercut the impact of the Committee’s hearings).

Nevertheless DOJ, especially if they are in the middle of preparing indictments, is right to urgently request documents that could strengthen their cases. Chances are too, if they are in the indictment stage, top officials have by now ferreted out untrustworthy moles.

Still, it’s not unreasonable for the Committee to insist on completing its public, legislative hearings with minimal risk of compromise (another week); and then begin turning over relevant transcripts for DOJ’s use simultaneously with the Committee’s completion of the writing of it’s report.

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2022 7:40 PM

[quote]R22: Why would any committee members not turn over their transcripts to the DOJ? Aren't they on the same side?

Yes, but the Justice Dept. seems to want the January 6 Committee to stop what it's doing and concentrate on its requests. The work of the Committee is not yet finished, and additionally, some witnesses are cooperating conditional to their anonymity; the situation is delicate, like sources in journalism.

Justice Department: 'Stop everything and give it all to us, now, Now, NOW!'

Committee: 'We're not anywhere near finished yet. Hold your damn horses!'

Some of the demands for immediate documentation is coming from the defense lawyers of accused insurrectionists, who have some vested interests in hampering or stopping altogether the work of the January 6 Committee.

The Committee is also not getting the fullest cooperation from the Justice Department in terms of enforcing witness subpoenas (people like Mark Meadows). That too is part of the holdup.

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2022 8:20 PM

The DOJ has crossover with the Committee's interviewees. They need to compare and look for inconsistencies between the two testimonies. Any inconsistencies can come back and bite them in the butt.

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2022 8:22 PM

Mary Trump:

[quote]Mike Pence is not a hero. He did the right thing on January 6th but only after exploring every way to avoid doing so. He doesn't even have the guts to testify in front of the committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 17, 2022 8:44 PM

The Jan 6th Committee has told the DOJ that they can view the documents they want, but they can't hand them over. Sounds like some trust issues with the DOJ. I'm on team Jan 6th with this one. They are uncovering corruption that goes all the way to the supreme court. There are probably all kinds bitches in the DOJ that are looking to put the brakes on this shit

by Anonymousreply 28June 17, 2022 9:38 PM

How can the Trump embeds in the DOJ be neutralized?

by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2022 9:44 PM

Liz could have her Dad take them hunting?

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2022 9:50 PM

Cabernet is your friend ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2022 9:52 PM

Trump today called Pence a "human conveyor belt."

I'm not sure what that means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2022 10:28 PM

Trump doesn't know what it means either.

by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2022 10:37 PM

He probably meant covfefe belt.

by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2022 10:58 PM

The Committee should give the DOJ what they want. They'll be the ones to get these fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2022 11:21 PM

NYT says the panel has agreed to provide the transcripts to the DOJ in July. The NYT also has an amazing video of the Proud Boys on their website.

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2022 11:50 PM

More and more I feel Merrick Garland's failure to get on the SCOTUS was a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2022 11:57 PM

YouTube is censoring the hearings according to the nypost? Why?

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2022 12:48 AM

Because they include Trump making false election claims. (No that isn’t a joke.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2022 1:00 AM

Wtf..This is insane.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2022 1:06 AM

Wondering if part of DOJ’s newfound “urgency” isn’t a desire to get certain people indicted, and trials underway, before Elon Musk gives Trump back a tool to pour poisoned lies back into the jury pool?

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2022 8:31 AM

DOJ's urgency is related to the defendants rights as once indicted, they havee a right to a speedy trial in 30 days. That's the reason for the urgent letter. I read that the defense lawyers can say they have a right to see the transcripts because if it's aired in public, it will prejudice their case and they can get the charges dropped due to a technicality. I wouldn't want any of the Proud Boys or Oathkeepers released because of a stupid technicality. It would be abhorrent.

I also read that Sidney Powell her friends in dark money (like the Publix heiress) are paying for their defense so I assume they are getting some high-priced lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2022 9:34 AM

I have no understandings of the inner workings of the DOJ, but if the info they need hinges on specific info & not just all the files, I don't see why they couldn't send someone to view the documents while the 1/6 hearings are still going on.

I'm wary about what comes out of DOJ these days; I don't think Garland is bad guy, but a career bureaucrat who cares "how all this looks" and precedent as opposed to the unprecedented situation he's facing. The 1/6 clearly want people to go to jail for this event too, but I understand the unwillingness to trust DOJ's motivations

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2022 10:05 AM

That isn’t me, R7. I’ve got zero beef with ElderLez. Stop trying to stir shit up.

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2022 4:56 PM

Shit in your mouth, De-Facto.

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2022 5:01 PM

I don’t give a shit if people don’t like me for stuff I actually did r45 I’m just sick of the constant lies.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2022 5:19 PM

And I'm just sick of the constant De-Facto.

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2022 5:21 PM

Sure, nut job R46. You are being pretty loud proclaiming not to be a troll that you surely are. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2022 6:20 PM

Thanks for the thread, ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2022 6:35 PM

Now that there are six conservatives on the court, will Clarence Thomas quietly let prosecutors know he’ll step down (for health reasons of course) if they’ll go easy on his wife?

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2022 9:55 PM

Prosecutors aren't going to anything to Thomas' wife, so no.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2022 9:58 PM

So Ginni’s not thinking about giving her version of events in front of the 1/6 committee before Mr. “5th Amendment” Eastman’s effing good criminal attorney suggests he might do better with prosecutors by spilling some secrets instead?

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2022 10:16 PM

Ginni's so baked-in, batshit crazy I honestly can't believe she doesn't insist on testifing on-air, during one of the hearings thinking it would overturn the election and hand Murica back from the DemoNcrats.

I'll bet Clarence has to slip Xanax into her sleepytime tea so she isn't up all night, ranting and raving about how wallpaper angels of God are singing to her again and they have flames shooting out of their eye sockets this time and they're screaming "BENGHAZI, CLARENCE! THEY'RE SCREAMING ABOUT BENGHAZI! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DEMOCRAT DEMONS, CLARRRRENCE!"

Look at a photo of that fat, crazy Frau's fanatic eyes and convince me she doesn't say shit like that to him.

by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2022 11:05 PM

Want to see them both hang themselves out to dry with the bull that she has to say about J6

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2022 11:13 PM

R53, of course you’re right. There’s no way in hell Thomas is going to let her testify; she’ll going to be been hospitalized for “exhaustion” before it ever comes that.

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2022 11:28 PM

When will DL get Republican boyfriend Adam K front and center?

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2022 11:52 PM

Given the extent to which the hearings are intentionally trying to amplify non-Trump cult Republican voices I am going to guess Kinziger will be speaking in the final, prime time hearing.

That’s strictly just my guess though.

Also, and this is just my personal opinion, and I am sure there are many people who I respect on this thread who will vehemently disagree with me, but I found the Lawrence O’Donnell comments about Pence to be textbook “so smart they don’t realize they are stupid.” O’Donnell was so smug about about not giving Pence any credit, he misses the whole point about deprogramming the Republican Party from the toxic morass that is Trump-worship.

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2022 2:57 AM

Elderlez, with all due respect, I think I'm missing your point. Are you saying Pence should be called heroic for that one act of doing his job? (though I agree L O'D can be smug!). What about what Lawrence said do you disagree with?

As for the "mystery" of why Pence said nothing on the January 5th, isn't it because up to the very last minute, Pence was trying every way in hell to grant Trump's request?

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2022 8:03 AM

It means that if Pence did 99 cowardly things and 1 heroic thing (which is pretty much what happened) we need to focus on and amplify the heroic thing so that he (and others like him) can take the next heroic step and fully break with Trump. We need to make him see a way out with dignity.

Let’s say you have a kid who has made a lot of terrible choices. You’ve had a lot of conflict over the years and now they’ve joined a cult. You’ve managed to get them away from the cult for an hour. Your goal is to get them out of the cult. Do you 1) talk about the one time they made a good, but difficult time not going with a friend to commit a serious crime and how you know because of that that’s they can leave the cult? Or 2) list all the terrible people they’ve hung out with and terrible things they’ve done over the years?

A lot of religious conservatives pro-Trumpers will break with Trump if Pence breaks with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2022 10:19 AM

Agree with ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2022 1:28 PM

Imagine not wanting to break with a well-known, proud rapist, kid fucker, whore banger, traitor, lothario, racist, sexist, pervert, grifter, liar, seditionist. Republicans are the lowest form of life. There are bacteria that have more virtue.

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2022 2:13 PM

[quote]we need to focus on and amplify the heroic thing so that he (and others like him) can take the next heroic step and fully break with Trump.

With all due respect, ElderLez, I don't see that ever happening.

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2022 3:03 PM

Yeah ElderLez, "heroic steps" and the republican party of the twenty-first century do not a Venn diagram make.

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2022 3:17 PM

Agree with ElderLez. Those folks want a way out of being behind Trump (although they'd deny it if you ever asked them), and he is a good option. Plus it fragments the Repubs even more, and I'm all for that.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2022 4:25 PM

Oh please, Pence is not a teenager. He was Vice President of the United States. It would be a mistake to promote him in anyway. He is ultra conservative, just a little more polite than Trump. Nevertheless, he sucked up to his boss through the entire presidency and still is doing it today. He just says they had a little disagreement about what his role should be on 1/6. Otherwise, everything is just fine. Lawrence was right - if Pence had any guts, he would have gone public before 1/6. He could still testify to the Committee if he wants to be a hero.

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2022 3:26 AM

R65 - Pence may have been VP of the US, but he's also a religious zealot, and that neutralizes any innate intelligence he might possess. Political offices are nothing more than roles of fake importance co-created via societal agreements. These agreements are now completely outdated yet millions of people continue to work to prop the system up even as it is clearly collapsing. Pence is essentially the most recent iteration of the village idot and as such he can be used as a pied piper to lead other idiots away from the cult of personality of Trump. Pence is not nearly interesting enough to inspire his own cult, but he can indeed siphon off those who are looking to jump pff the rapidly sinking ship that is Trump.

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2022 5:19 PM

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) told the Los Angeles Times that tomorrow's Jan. 6 committee hearing will demonstrate Mark Meadows’ “intimate role” in the then-President’s scheme to pressure Georgia state legislators into overturning the election results.

Additionally, Schiff said the committee is set to release new information about Meadows’ appearance at a “signature audit” in Georgia before Jan. 6. Schiff said the panel will also show text messages that demonstrate Meadows’ desire to send autographed Make America Great Again hats to people who conducted the audit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote]Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) told the Los Angeles Times that tomorrow's Jan. 6 committee hearing will demonstrate Mark Meadows’ “intimate role” in the then-President’s scheme to pressure Georgia state legislators into overturning the election results.

It's time to move on!

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2022 8:45 PM

[quote]R57: O’Donnell was so smug about about not giving Pence any credit, he misses the whole point about deprogramming the Republican Party from the toxic morass that is Trump-worship.

Having seen that episode, I tend to agree with O'Donnell. I don't think that Republicans can be deprogrammed, or that tongue-bathing Mike Pence will make him come around. Deplorable onlookers will not understand; they will simply take it as evidence that even Democrats agree with deplorable positions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2022 10:27 PM

Trump's pressure campaign on state election officials & his conspiracy w/DOJ official Jeffrey Clark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 21, 2022 3:59 PM

Trump Was Told Election Workers He Terrorized Was Innocent, Hearings Show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 21, 2022 4:13 PM

Am I missing something or is that headline at r71 a giant Oh Dear! Not blaming you, r71. That’s what MSNBC posted

by Anonymousreply 72June 21, 2022 5:03 PM

Yes it is, r72.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 21, 2022 5:11 PM

An official in New Mexico has refused to certify election results based on a gut feeling, not facts. This official participated in the J6 terrorist attack.

by Anonymousreply 74June 21, 2022 5:12 PM

They ended up certifying them, r74.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 21, 2022 5:26 PM

missing the point

by Anonymousreply 76June 21, 2022 5:29 PM

[quote]They ended up certifying them, R74.

They did their job? OMG, they're heroes!

by Anonymousreply 77June 21, 2022 5:29 PM

R75, they had to be ordered by a court to do so, and the official R74 refers to still refused, although he could cite no evidence of fraud.

by Anonymousreply 78June 21, 2022 5:31 PM

Yes I know, r78.

by Anonymousreply 79June 21, 2022 5:34 PM

[quote]and the official R74 refers to still refused, although he could cite no evidence of fraud.

The Trump Effect will linger for many years, like nuclear waste.

by Anonymousreply 80June 21, 2022 5:35 PM

trolls and magats

by Anonymousreply 81June 21, 2022 5:36 PM

Speaker Bowers is choked up speaking about dump and ghouliani strong arm tactics to get him to break his vow to the constitution

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 21, 2022 5:43 PM

R75 By a 2-3 vote. You are in complete denial as to the threat to free and fair elections. This has NOTHING to do with conservative and liberal, Repub and Dem, left and right.

Our democracy is about to go on life-support, and all MAGA cares about is "winning" and "owning the libs"

by Anonymousreply 83June 21, 2022 5:45 PM

^^ 2-1 vote

by Anonymousreply 84June 21, 2022 5:45 PM

[quote]R80: The Trump Effect will linger for many years, like nuclear waste.

But you say that like you think it's essentially over, with diminishing effects. The real bullshit is yet to come.

In all fifty states, Republicans have made hundreds of changes to election laws and replaced thousands of election officials, all with a view towards making sure that what was attempted in 2020 will go off next time without a hitch. People who aren't paying attention to what's been going on are going to be taken by surprise.

by Anonymousreply 85June 21, 2022 5:56 PM

defeatism and going along to get along, not rocking the boat got us here.

by Anonymousreply 86June 21, 2022 6:04 PM

R85 Exactly. Is America paying attention to these hearings? Not too much. Will it change MAGA or inspire Gen Z to vote in November? Unlikely. But it's so serious you need to do something. Getting this truth on the record at least... at least...

by Anonymousreply 87June 21, 2022 6:04 PM

Ron Johnson delivered fake elector ballots to DC? Did I hear correctly?

Schiff needs to hit that HARD, if he hasn't already.

by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2022 6:10 PM

This is for history.

by Anonymousreply 89June 21, 2022 6:11 PM

terrorist group wearing 3 bars showing up at people's homes?

by Anonymousreply 90June 21, 2022 6:12 PM

Members of Congress who participated in this scheme should at least be censored.

by Anonymousreply 91June 21, 2022 6:21 PM

R91 .... and then after that, censured.

by Anonymousreply 92June 21, 2022 6:24 PM

Censored and Censured, R91.

by Anonymousreply 93June 21, 2022 6:25 PM

Well done, written, and attested, Mr. Bowers.

by Anonymousreply 94June 21, 2022 6:25 PM

Bowers has a conscience. He stands by his oath. He’s very different from the usual crAZies you find here. He’s also LDS, deep in his faith.

by Anonymousreply 95June 21, 2022 6:29 PM

America's Mayor has been exposed for the lowlife he is. He has been disbarred, after working in law for five decades. Because dump doesn't pay his bills, he is broke.

Stating nothing will come of this is disingenuous at best. .

by Anonymousreply 96June 21, 2022 6:31 PM

R88, Ron Johnson is connected to everything bad in Trumpworld. He was one of the Senators who went to Moscow on July 4th in 2018. I believe he is up for re-election this Fall.

by Anonymousreply 97June 21, 2022 6:31 PM

No coffee jitters for him, r95!

by Anonymousreply 98June 21, 2022 6:33 PM

…And were LIVE. JUNE,20, 2022….

January 6th hearings continuation…

by Anonymousreply 99June 21, 2022 6:35 PM

"No one is watching."

"Nothing will comes of this."

"He gets away with everything".

Wishingful thinking, fap material, fantasy for fascists.

by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2022 6:36 PM

Drinking a little early, R99?

It’s June 21st.

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2022 6:37 PM

Media obituary writers have rewritten their Giuliani drafts to replace the phrase "America's Mayor" with "America's Betrayer."

by Anonymousreply 102June 21, 2022 6:38 PM

We do need Merrick Garland and the DOJ to be simpatico. If they are not, THEN NOTHING WILL COME OF THIS.

Merrick Garland is being schooled right now. He’s listening. So….shssssss.

by Anonymousreply 103June 21, 2022 6:41 PM

This guy Sterling is very impressive, just laying out the facts.

by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2022 6:42 PM

It's irritating to have to listen to Trump brag/lie constantly in the clips. That smarmy voice is nails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2022 6:45 PM

If I remember correctly, R103, the Congress cannot compel, or force, the Justice Department to bring charges but they can compel the Justice Department to put the evidence in front of a grand jury, which then decides if charges should be file.

by Anonymousreply 106June 21, 2022 6:49 PM

I’m on HST time. Aren’t you ego centric enough? R99.

Self-centered person? R99.

by Anonymousreply 107June 21, 2022 6:50 PM

Dump slurs when he speaks. Listen to the footage.

by Anonymousreply 108June 21, 2022 6:52 PM

Zzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 109June 21, 2022 6:52 PM

So.... on the one hand none of this will change MAGA. On the other hand, this assures DeSantis will run.

R108 Keep trying kid, keep trying.

by Anonymousreply 110June 21, 2022 6:54 PM

Did you hear that, donald? Georgia voters chose the republican ticket and voted so down-ticket but, in refusing to give you their vote, caused you and you alone to be the ballot's loser.

Loser.

by Anonymousreply 111June 21, 2022 6:55 PM

This is the Trump persona with the sharpie changing hurricane's impact. Just pulling "facts" our of his ass.

Loser.

by Anonymousreply 112June 21, 2022 6:56 PM

The same Zzzzzzzzz Troll R109, who thinks overthrowing our government is boring. FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE.

by Anonymousreply 113June 21, 2022 6:57 PM

David pretty boy Muir tried to correct Chris Krispy Kreme Christie when he compared the protests and litigation regarding election results in 2000 and 2016 to the terrorist attack on J6.

Krispy Kreme wasn't having any pushback and started yelling at Muir to make this incorrect comparison.

Gore conceded and Bush was given a peaceful transfer of power.

by Anonymousreply 114June 21, 2022 6:59 PM

When was Giuliani disbarred? His license in NY was suspended last year, but that's different.

by Anonymousreply 115June 21, 2022 6:59 PM

Gore conceded and Bush was given a peaceful transfer of power, no comparison to J6

by Anonymousreply 116June 21, 2022 7:00 PM

"Ronna McDaniel? She's really a Romney, you know, can't be trusted to tell the truth."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 21, 2022 7:01 PM

I’m so happy that Secretary of State of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, was re-elected in the state of Georgia for another term.

Booyay, Dump! Georgia wants a fair election and this man will not “find” more votes for you, Dumptard.

by Anonymousreply 118June 21, 2022 7:03 PM

I'm so glad these Ga. phone calls were recorded. It's one thing for someone to testify that they were spoken (and ordered) to do these treasonous things. It's another to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. He sounds like a mob boss.

by Anonymousreply 119June 21, 2022 7:04 PM

trump's voice makes me cringe. It's worse than fingernails on a blackboard. Yes...good thinking recording everything. He sounds like the thug he is...

by Anonymousreply 120June 21, 2022 7:06 PM

I'm going to say right now NOTHING will happen to any of these traitors cunts after these hearing. A week will go by after it ends and Americans will forget it even happened. Repigs will get away with this as they always do because WE LET THEM!

I will come back and tell you I told you so.

by Anonymousreply 121June 21, 2022 7:07 PM

Rudy has not been disbarred to date.

by Anonymousreply 122June 21, 2022 7:08 PM

Speaking of nails...

by Anonymousreply 123June 21, 2022 7:08 PM

Speaking of fingernails...

by Anonymousreply 124June 21, 2022 7:08 PM

R120, he sounds like a phone salesman.

by Anonymousreply 125June 21, 2022 7:08 PM

Yep, r124.

by Anonymousreply 126June 21, 2022 7:09 PM

You do that, r121. Until then, stop whining.

by Anonymousreply 127June 21, 2022 7:10 PM

Great minds R123..lol

by Anonymousreply 128June 21, 2022 7:10 PM

Dear r113. I’m sorry. I am on your side, sincerely, but it’s early in the morning where I live and I’m a night owl. So I need some coffee to kick in but I can only watch C-SPAN material when I’m on vacation. Also, I was informed recently that there will be FIVE MORE hearings when I thought there was only 3. I will catch the highlights to stay abreast.

Peace.

by Anonymousreply 129June 21, 2022 7:11 PM

I’m not liking that rep. Shiff is getting to do all the questioning. NBC says he’s leading the the witnesses, instead of letting them tell the story. I NBC is right.

by Anonymousreply 130June 21, 2022 7:12 PM

r127, is the reason the word yawn was invented.

by Anonymousreply 131June 21, 2022 7:14 PM

It must have been hard for those longtime Republican officials to face up to what a dishonest thug the man they voted for was.

by Anonymousreply 132June 21, 2022 7:14 PM

R130 Agreed. They should switch it up a bit. Too much Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 133June 21, 2022 7:15 PM

Some would vote for him again....after all this. Barr, for example.

by Anonymousreply 134June 21, 2022 7:16 PM

R122, DWN, I thought I’d heard Rudy was disbarred in DC.

by Anonymousreply 135June 21, 2022 7:16 PM

R130 Have you not watched all the hearings? Each one has a different "lead" congressmember to ask the questions.

I'm no fan of Schiff (who sometimes gets too up in his own self-righteousness) but he's been one of the best so far. He has a background as a prosecutor - and, unlike some of the others, is not reading everything.

And it's a hearing, not a trial. The point is to deliver evidence... "leading the witness" is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 136June 21, 2022 7:17 PM

“Axxed me” Why do they say “axx” for ‘ask?’ They consistently have a problem with that word.

by Anonymousreply 137June 21, 2022 7:18 PM

What a coincidence that Trump would specifically go after election workers, by name, repeatedly (18 times), that happen to be black...

by Anonymousreply 138June 21, 2022 7:19 PM

R130, thank you for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 139June 21, 2022 7:19 PM

I wish Trump was dead.

by Anonymousreply 140June 21, 2022 7:21 PM

Rudy was suspended from practicing law in NY last year. Don't know what, if any, update there is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 21, 2022 7:21 PM

These hearings are so powerful. Clear, factual, compelling.

tRUMP and Giuliani need to be behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 142June 21, 2022 7:22 PM

How awful to be an ordinary citizen attacked by the President of the United States!

by Anonymousreply 143June 21, 2022 7:22 PM

These are Republican witnesses. Maybe not hostile, but not necessarily willing to say anything not specifically covered in the question. Yes, they are leading with questioning. For damn good reason.

This isn’t a trial. Hamilton Burger is not there to shout “Objection! Leading the witness!” 🙄

by Anonymousreply 144June 21, 2022 7:22 PM

FUCK OFF, R137! Grow a pair and/or grow up. Shove the colloquial "ax" up your putrid ass!

Do you monitor Black speech for a living?

Every time. Every goddamn time!

by Anonymousreply 145June 21, 2022 7:22 PM

What's the name of the Count Dracula looking guy behind this election worker?

by Anonymousreply 146June 21, 2022 7:23 PM

WHY DONT THEY SUE RUDY AND TRUMP??

This is the easiest case in history to win

by Anonymousreply 147June 21, 2022 7:23 PM

"Authorities allege Coleman believed in the QAnon conspiracy theory, which includes the false belief that former president Donald Trump has secretly been battling a cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles at the highest levels of political power and influence."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 21, 2022 7:23 PM

R140 I wish Trump WERE dead... subjunctive case, contrary to fact.

R137 "They" really? I assume you mean Black people? Does Lester Holt or Don Lemon say "ax"? No, they have a different dialect. America has many, many dialects with distinct pronunciation problems. If you sent me a tape of your own speech I could point out pronunciation that was not "standard"....

by Anonymousreply 149June 21, 2022 7:23 PM

I know. These two should be in prison....can't be any more obvious, with all the damning evidence....how are they not indicted?? This frustrates me.

by Anonymousreply 150June 21, 2022 7:24 PM

They should sue Rudy. Don’t think you can sue a sitting President.

by Anonymousreply 151June 21, 2022 7:24 PM

Wow! Shay’s and her mom’s life has been turned upside down. They should sue Trump and RNC.

by Anonymousreply 152June 21, 2022 7:25 PM

Can't Shay and Ruby sue Trump and Giuliani for making their lives hell? I don't know the civil laws they can sue under but there must be lawyers out there who can come up with a civil lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 153June 21, 2022 7:25 PM

Distraction.

by Anonymousreply 154June 21, 2022 7:25 PM

R147: Ms. Moss and her mother prevailed in their civil suit.

by Anonymousreply 155June 21, 2022 7:25 PM

[quote] Don’t think you can sue a sitting President.

Trump is not a sitting president

by Anonymousreply 156June 21, 2022 7:26 PM

He was when he said those lies.

by Anonymousreply 157June 21, 2022 7:27 PM

Her mama just said “axxed” too. Sorry pointing that out upsets some people. It’s just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 158June 21, 2022 7:27 PM

If I were them, I think I’d move, but I suppose that’s not an easy option for them.

by Anonymousreply 159June 21, 2022 7:27 PM

Why are you thanking yourself for sharing, "Ethan" at R139?

by Anonymousreply 160June 21, 2022 7:28 PM

Grifters know their targets. Dump targeted black citizens to satisfy his marks.

by Anonymousreply 161June 21, 2022 7:29 PM

The people who adhered to the oath of the Constitution and had the courage not to cave under intense pressure....will they, or others like them, want to be around for the next time? The thugs will replace the good people. That is one of my biggest fears.

by Anonymousreply 162June 21, 2022 7:30 PM

R146, he was sitting next to Lady Ruby during her taped testimony. Might be their attorney. You can start there.

by Anonymousreply 163June 21, 2022 7:30 PM

Dump tawks funny too.

by Anonymousreply 164June 21, 2022 7:31 PM

Since the hearings, Biden's approval rating continues to decline.

538 average of polls: 39.5% approval

His lowest so far.

And the RealClearPolitics average of polls: 39.6% approval

by Anonymousreply 165June 21, 2022 7:31 PM

R151 To inflame people who get annoyed by hearing people say "ax"

by Anonymousreply 166June 21, 2022 7:31 PM

[quote] He was when he said those lies.

He continued to say them after he left office

by Anonymousreply 167June 21, 2022 7:32 PM

[quote]It's a fucking dialect.

It is a sign of ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 168June 21, 2022 7:33 PM

Yeah, the Magats would easily believe those Black election workers would surely cheat. They have a little more trouble passing those election officials off as RINOs.

by Anonymousreply 169June 21, 2022 7:33 PM

[quote]Ms. Moss and her mother prevailed in their civil suit.

They settled with OAN (hope they got a bundle). Local reports say "The lawsuit also included defamation claims against Giuliani. The anticipated settlement does not include him." I don't know if that means they're still pursuing a claim against him or what.

by Anonymousreply 170June 21, 2022 7:33 PM

R165 Missing the point. These witnesses have been almost all Republicans who would vote Republican in 2024 no matter what and I am SURE disapprove of Biden.

by Anonymousreply 171June 21, 2022 7:33 PM

R160, thank you for pointing out my mistake. It was meant for R136. Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 172June 21, 2022 7:34 PM

Wanna bet R168 says "There's two chairs over there..."??

Send me a tape of your speech, I'll tell you how you don't speak "standard" English, guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 173June 21, 2022 7:35 PM

[quote]Grifters know their targets. Dump targeted black citizens to satisfy his marks.

That, and to satisfy his depraved psyche, R161; much like the trash posting here constantly about a common cultural mispronunciation.

by Anonymousreply 174June 21, 2022 7:35 PM

Did they get enough dramatic sound bites for the news tonight? That’s all most people will see.

by Anonymousreply 175June 21, 2022 7:36 PM

" No one is watching"= fap, fap, fap

by Anonymousreply 176June 21, 2022 7:38 PM

Liz makes an appeal to Pat Cipollone to testify and says the committee is "in litigation" with Mark Meadows.

Be nice if at least one of those bore fruit.

by Anonymousreply 177June 21, 2022 7:38 PM

R175 Yep. "Mormons save the country." The Mormon guy is going to score unlike any other.

by Anonymousreply 178June 21, 2022 7:38 PM

Shaye Moss and her mother also sued Gateway Pundit, but I don’t believe that case has been resolved yet. I agree they should sue Trump.

by Anonymousreply 179June 21, 2022 7:39 PM

It's a wrap until Thursday...

by Anonymousreply 180June 21, 2022 7:40 PM

Dominion sue dump. One trillion.

by Anonymousreply 181June 21, 2022 7:40 PM

The hearings will affect what some voters feel about Trump. The one who benefits most is probably Ron DeSantis not necessarily Biden.

by Anonymousreply 182June 21, 2022 7:42 PM

R182 Agreed. I think Trump is slowly slipping off the screen.... it'll take a while.

Not sure DeSantis will get the Trump turnout.... he'd likely beat Biden, but it's far from sure Biden will run.

by Anonymousreply 183June 21, 2022 7:44 PM

DeSantis because some Repubs will feel Trump is too toxic to nominate. I hope so anyway.

by Anonymousreply 184June 21, 2022 7:44 PM

Magats want desatan in office. Desatan lost his election to the closeted black guy.

by Anonymousreply 185June 21, 2022 7:46 PM

The hearings are not about Biden. They are not “my team vs. your team.” They are about Trump, and one of the goals is to make Trump an outcast, someone who can never participate in politics again. If that benefits DeSantis, so be it.

by Anonymousreply 186June 21, 2022 7:47 PM

Mses. Freeman and Shay sued and settled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 21, 2022 7:47 PM

^^Mses. Freeman and "Moss" @ my R187.

by Anonymousreply 188June 21, 2022 7:50 PM

The average Republican voter will NEVER, EVER admit they've been repeatedly duped and conned by the likes of Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and most especially tRump. They'll just keep doubling and tripling down on these lunatic GQP politicians until we end up with a fascist dictatorship. They'd prefer that over admitting they were wrong all along and that the liberals or Democrats may have been correct.

by Anonymousreply 189June 21, 2022 7:51 PM

They’ll have highlights of Bower and the two election workers. They will be dramatic and emotional.

by Anonymousreply 190June 21, 2022 7:53 PM

Today's hearing was emotional. The respondents were in tears when testifying.

by Anonymousreply 191June 21, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote]The respondents were in tears when testifying.

Mr. Kellyann Conway said he was in tears during their testimony.

by Anonymousreply 192June 21, 2022 7:56 PM

I caught this early this morning on YouTube. From last night’s Rachel Maddow show. She focused on Bowers in the segment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 21, 2022 7:57 PM

I don't understand how George Con. Way. reconciles his marriage to a dump propagandist with his Twitter persona.

by Anonymousreply 194June 21, 2022 8:00 PM

Are both the CON-ways gay? Lavender marriage?

by Anonymousreply 195June 21, 2022 8:02 PM

Man even the Republicans who won't bow down to Trump like Rusty Bowers still seem fucking nuts

[quote] "It is a tenet of my faith that the Constitution is divinely inspired,"

The constitution that wouldn't free the slaves and only considered the 3/5 of a human but not human enough to be able to vote. The constitution that didn't think women were worthy of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 196June 21, 2022 8:09 PM

Not rocking the boat. Being polite and allowing others to lie is how we got stuck with dump. Kelly Ann Con. Way. is promoting her memoir. No one asks her any tough questions and allows her to vomit her nasty word salad. This is on CNN, not fox entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 197June 21, 2022 8:11 PM

[quote]“Axxed me” Why do they say “axx” for ‘ask?’ They consistently have a problem with that word.

Because fuck you, that's why.

In this day and age, of all the fucking things to be bothered by!

by Anonymousreply 198June 21, 2022 8:12 PM

Will they hear testimony from Michigan & Pennsylvania on Thursday? They were the other states that were pressured to submit a fake list of electors.

by Anonymousreply 199June 21, 2022 8:18 PM

Only the most vile, lowest forms of subhumans would comment on the victim’s grammar. It’s not worth a response.

by Anonymousreply 200June 21, 2022 8:19 PM

Criticism of the regional accents and the flashy manicure of the respondents are made with the intent to undermine their testimony.

Dump speaks with a low class regional accent, his supporters think he tawks cute.

by Anonymousreply 201June 21, 2022 8:19 PM

One thing I'm worried about with giving these "decent Repugs" any praise is that when there are future issues in Arizona or Georgia (and we know there will be), these clips of Democrats praising them for their integrity will be held up as proof there were no actual shenanigans.

If you listen closely, that Speaker of the Arizona House said there were no laws that allowed him to do any of the things he was being asked to do. The huge problem is that the Repugs in these states have spent the last couple of years putting those laws in place that WILL allow state-level Repugs to do the type of things that they were legally restricted from doing last time.

by Anonymousreply 202June 21, 2022 8:20 PM

I caught that too R196. I was staring at the tv open-mouthed like "WTF?"

And there is a disconnect with the Republican voter--like Raffensberger said, people left the Presidential spot blank but voted down-ballot for the Republicans. So they didn't like tRump but they voted down ballot for all of his enablers--that makes no sense at all. People are no longer voting on policy (or they are so ill-informed about what they think they are getting from the GQP because they listen to nothing but Fox and the right wing media machine).

by Anonymousreply 203June 21, 2022 8:20 PM

Miss Shay & Lady Ruby have indeed filed suite against Ghouliani, as well as OAN. Hopefully they'll also sue Trump at some point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 21, 2022 8:27 PM

"Here's a thought: don't put a perpetual liar on the air."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 21, 2022 8:29 PM

The title should be, "Here's the Book Deal".

by Anonymousreply 206June 21, 2022 8:31 PM

The election workers with had me in tears two. They should bankrupt that orange hog.

by Anonymousreply 207June 21, 2022 8:36 PM

too*

by Anonymousreply 208June 21, 2022 8:38 PM

R207: check out Jason Johnson's visceral reaction to the women's plight on today's "Deadline: White House" beginning at 25 minutes in. So true.

by Anonymousreply 209June 21, 2022 8:56 PM

And decent people all over the country working at the polls, health departments, flight crews, teaching our kids, etc. are getting run out of their jobs by the MAGA mobs. We're losing a lot of good people because they're not getting paid enough to put up with a bunch of screaming crazy people.

by Anonymousreply 210June 21, 2022 8:59 PM

[quote]We're losing a lot of good people because they're not getting paid enough to put up with a bunch of screaming crazy people.

And they're being systematically replaced with people more than willing to do the bidding of someone like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 211June 21, 2022 9:00 PM

ABC News anchor David Muir pushes back against Chris Christie for equating the 2000 election between Gore and Bush to the Jan. 6 insurrection.

"I just don't want our audience thinking there is a real equivalency here when you have a former president who is sowing seeds of doubt"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 21, 2022 9:02 PM

[quote]Ron Johnson delivered fake elector ballots to DC? Did I hear correctly?

R88 No, you didn't hear it correctly. Johnson offered to deliver Michigan and Wisconsin ballots to DC but was refused.

by Anonymousreply 213June 21, 2022 9:28 PM

Apologies for those of you who are tired of me pointing it out, but African American Vernacular, the Newfoundland Dialect and “pirate speak” all share a grammatical and pronunciation heritage from the dialects spoken by people in the South of England who manned the slave boats and fished for cod in the 17th and 18th centuries.

A white merchant from Poole in 1750 would probably understand a person speaking AAV more easily than the people making fun of “ax.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214June 21, 2022 9:50 PM

So a bunch of Trumpsters forced their way into Shay's grandmother (Lady Ruby's mother)'s house to make a "citizens' arrest" even though the grandmother had NOTHING to do with the election?

Call it what it was: a lynch mob.

So brave for these turds to go up against an elderly woman who lived alone.

by Anonymousreply 215June 21, 2022 10:16 PM

Curious why dump hates America.

by Anonymousreply 216June 21, 2022 10:23 PM

He's a narcissistic sociopath, r216. He doesn't feel a sense of patriotism or of the greater good. It's *all* about him.

by Anonymousreply 217June 21, 2022 10:32 PM

R213, actually, Johnson had fake elector documents with him in DC and had to be stopped from handing them to Pence on January 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 21, 2022 10:33 PM

Team Trump and an extremist MAGA ( minority) faction of loud, angry, conspiracy theorists and liars have vandalized America. The only people worse than them in this country are the people who are indifferent about it and them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 21, 2022 10:42 PM

John Eastman should be disbarred along with Giuliani, Lin Wood, Jenna Ellis, & Sydney Powell.

by Anonymousreply 220June 21, 2022 10:47 PM

It’s not as if this desire to kill our government was kept secret by these Nazis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 21, 2022 10:51 PM

Attorneys L. Lin Wood and Sidney Powell hold a press conference

Attorney Sidney Powell speaks at a press conference on election results in Alpharetta, Georgia, U.S., December 2, 2020. REUTERS/Elijah Nouvelage Register now for FREE unlimited access to Reuters.com

Summary

Related documents

Pro-Trump lawyer Powell has called bar's case "baseless" Hearing set for June 22 in Dallas state court Bar's case among several against lawyers who challenged 2020 election

(Reuters) - Lawyers for the Texas state bar on Tuesday defended their ethics claims against pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell over her role in litigation contesting the 2020 presidential election.

The state bar's disciplinary arm in March sued Powell, who has called the ethics case "baseless," in Texas state court for what it said were "frivolous" lawsuits challenging Democratic President Joe Biden's win against Republican Donald Trump. Powell's attorneys in May asked the Dallas court to throw out the case, and a hearing is scheduled for next week.

Powell "has referred to [her] right to file the lawsuits at issue as 'unfettered.' This is incorrect," Texas disciplinary attorneys Kristin Brady and Rachel Craig told Judge Tonya Parker in Dallas in Tuesday's filing. "An attorney's speech rights within the confines of litigation are not absolute."

The case against Powell is part of a wave of actions initiated by either bar disciplinary officials or judges in response to meritless efforts claiming fraud pervaded the 2020 presidential election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 22, 2022 12:42 AM

[quote]How awful to be an ordinary citizen attacked by the President of the United States!

It was horrible. Of course, it isn't thought Trump was a "real" president. But still.

by Anonymousreply 223June 22, 2022 12:58 AM

I never understood why Ruby Johnson and her daughter allowed their suit against the Trump supporting Network OAN to be dismissed after OAN issued a statement.. OAN just issued this statement “The results of this investigation indicate that Ruby Freeman and Wandrea ‘Shaye’ Moss did not engage in ballot fraud or criminal misconduct while working at State Farm Arena on Election Night,”. They still have a suit against Giuliani.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 22, 2022 1:14 AM

I am gratified Lady Ruby called dump out personally for his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 225June 22, 2022 1:16 AM

You know these hearings are important when Starfleet sends someone from the future to observe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 22, 2022 1:24 AM

I have impure thoughts about Adam Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 227June 22, 2022 1:24 AM

Adam Schiff rocks

by Anonymousreply 228June 22, 2022 1:32 AM

Della and Wisconsin dataloungers - please do all you can to defeat Ron Johnson!

by Anonymousreply 229June 22, 2022 1:33 AM

It is likely that Trump himself, personally, will never acknowledge the innocence of Shae Moss and Ruby Freeman. That would involve admitting fault, and that's something he never does. He will double and triple down on the accusations, continuing to repeat them within MAGAt circles. Just as he has always continued to insist on the guilt of the Central Park Five:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 22, 2022 1:37 AM

I was wrong about Kinziger being in prime time. He’s up next.

by Anonymousreply 231June 22, 2022 1:38 AM

Absolutely, r229.

by Anonymousreply 232June 22, 2022 1:44 AM

Interesting his fat fucking mouth hasn't come out with anything much today considering how horribly he came off for terrorizing those poor women. Only the biggest piece of shit would not feel terrible for them.

by Anonymousreply 233June 22, 2022 1:46 AM

Looks like it's padding his engagement numbers on truth social.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 22, 2022 2:15 AM

Stollen?

Sure, you dumb fuck. Malign fruit cake while you're at it.

by Anonymousreply 235June 22, 2022 2:22 AM

It's stupidity and it's ignorance soothes his supporter's insecurities who are equally ignorant and yes, stupid. It's ignoble term as POTUS is the triumph of the violently uneducated and undeserving. Dump has a feral ratlike intelligence for the grift but his supporters don't even have that much!

by Anonymousreply 236June 22, 2022 2:30 AM

Keep drinking honey, R236. You’ll get there.

by Anonymousreply 237June 22, 2022 2:46 AM

I like Adam Schiff too, he's thoughtful and incisive. He expresses himself well, but I sometimes wish he'd speak with more passion or show some more emotion.

by Anonymousreply 238June 22, 2022 3:34 AM

Magats get blocked.

by Anonymousreply 239June 22, 2022 3:39 AM

Rusty Bowers would vote for Trump again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 22, 2022 2:08 PM

Sickening, R240.

by Anonymousreply 241June 22, 2022 2:18 PM

r130 and r139 made me laugh. Newbie trolls, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 242June 22, 2022 2:27 PM

[quote]Rusty Bowers would vote for Trump again!

He may be a fool, but people like him who are true believers but still called out lies & did the right thing blunt the notion that this is all a partisan hit job.

by Anonymousreply 243June 22, 2022 2:29 PM

He wouldn't cheat for Trump but he would vote for him.

MAGA adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 244June 22, 2022 2:49 PM

R240 Our great pathology, right? His strict ethical demands of his religion made him recognize Trump's evil, but... (what? abortion? economic policy? lower taxes? immigration policy?) he still would vote for Trump. Stopping to review the "charity" of the Book of Mormon, there is greater alignment with the compassionate intent of center-left policies. But like the rural and rust belt and red state working classes, who have consistently voted against their economic interests, this LDS guy will vote against the policies most aligned to his values.

It's very far from certain that this illness of tribalism over analysis will kill our Republic.

by Anonymousreply 245June 22, 2022 3:00 PM

[quote]His strict ethical demands of his religion made him recognize Trump's evil, but... (what? abortion? economic policy? lower taxes? immigration policy?) he still would vote for Trump

This may be the best summation I've read of the fundamentalist religion infatuation with Trump and the GOP. Bowers is a Mormon, not an evangelical, but I think the faiths share much of this underlying pathology:

"For decades, conservative White evangelicals have championed a rugged, even ruthless “warrior” masculinity. Believing that “gender difference” was the foundation of a God-given social order, evangelicals taught that women and men were opposites. God filled men with testosterone so that they could fulfill their God-ordained role as leaders, as protectors and providers. Testosterone made them aggressive, and it gave them a God-given sex drive. Men needed to channel their aggression, and their sex drives, in ways that strengthened both family and nation.

Generations of evangelicals consumed millions of books and listened to countless sermons expounding these “truths.” Within this framework, there was ready forgiveness for male sexual misconduct. It was up to women to avoid tempting men who were not their husbands and meet the sexual needs of men who were. When men went astray, there was always a woman to blame. For men, misdeeds could be written off as too much of a good thing or perhaps a necessary evil, as evidence of red-blooded masculinity that needed only to be channeled in redemptive directions.

Within evangelical communities, we see these values expressed in the way organizations too often turn a blind eye to abuse, blame victims, and defend abusers in the interest of propping up a larger cause – a man’s ministry, an institution’s mission, or the broader “witness of the church.”

In 2016, we heard precisely this rhetoric in defense of Donald Trump. Trump was a man’s man. He would not be cowed by political correctness, but would do what needed to be done. He represented “a John Wayne America,” an America where heroic men were not afraid to resort to violence when necessary in pursuit of a greater good. Evangelicals did not embrace Trump in spite of his rough edges, but because of them."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 22, 2022 3:08 PM

Which is why conservatives (the "Supreme" Court) forgive rapists and shame their victims. Horrific.

by Anonymousreply 247June 22, 2022 3:25 PM

Sorry R242, I’m neither a “newbie nor a troll. Just interested in our government and justice.

by Anonymousreply 248June 22, 2022 3:27 PM

And now a message from your local Republican, deeply religious, anti-abortionist, molester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 22, 2022 3:30 PM

Ethan is a mega-Troll.

"So unfair! BOTH SIDES!!!"

by Anonymousreply 250June 22, 2022 3:43 PM

[quote] Team Trump and an extremist MAGA ( minority) faction of loud, angry, conspiracy theorists and liars have vandalized America.

I seem to recall some lady once accurately referring to these types of people as Deplorables. Just one of many things she was correct about.

by Anonymousreply 251June 22, 2022 3:46 PM

The only thing she was wrong about, r251, was it's not some small number... they're all deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 252June 22, 2022 4:10 PM

Here's a story from 10/24/21 that shows that there was a "vast right wing conspiracy" . Yesterday, the DOJ confirmed that future J6 hearings will focus on the relationship between the PB/OK and congress. The finale in prime time will show what Trump was doing before, during and after the insurrection. Jared hired a documentary film made as a "legacy" and the filmmaker has surrendered his footage. 🍿

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 22, 2022 4:17 PM

R246 That's good analysis. What's very clear is that religion is embedded in culture, and what's described as influencing these odd choices is not spiritual, but cultural (patriarchy, white supremacy).

And it's just so crazy... Trump absolutely stands for "a real strong man" for MAGA. A man who avoided military service, wears full make up, tortures his hair do with hairspray, lifts in his shoes.. is the Alpha. His "pussy grabbing" actually probably enhanced his attraction. Verbally saying how they disapproved... but in reality drawn to him even more. Like Walker's many babies out of wedlock... "oh that's wrong" but it just means he's "a real man"... Pentecostal/evangelical churched have MORE illegitimate babies and more adultery/divorce than the general population? Just fuck up and ask for forgiveness.

I've long thought that the only way out of the insanity of the last few decades... slipping into autocracy while destroying the planet... is a spiritual revival. Which would also mean taking back religious spaces from the Culture Warriors....

by Anonymousreply 254June 22, 2022 4:20 PM

To add….Dump has likely had and paid for many of his prostitutes to have an abortion after he rawdogged them. He’s also a lifelong democrat and certainly has never lived a lifestyle anything similar to a Christofascist.

[My family members are staunch Republicans and they are so naive that they don’t know that Dump has been married THREE times! Yes, righteous Christians who believe in serial monogamy instead of having multiple spouses at the same time. Give me a fucking break! If they really obeyed scripture than the govt should only recognize ONE marriage only and not serial monogamy. Hypocrites!]

by Anonymousreply 255June 22, 2022 4:29 PM

r255

by Anonymousreply 256June 22, 2022 4:34 PM

Like R255, I also have relatives who are so ill-informed, they didn't know Dump had been married multiple times. I also had to clue them in that Melania hates his guts and rolls her eyes behind his back at every opportunity. They also didn't know that we'd all seen Melania's pussy and her pseudo-lesbian photoshoots. But they still make excuses for them like "that was in the past", "he's a different person now", etc.

And yes, no doubt Dump has paid for multiple abortions but if evidence of that came to light, these types would just make excuses. But GOD FORBID any Democrat stands up for a woman's right to do what she wants with her own body--they will all burn in hell!!!!! I still say it's too bad Covid didn't kill more of these types off, they're too far gone to come back to anything resembling reality.

by Anonymousreply 257June 22, 2022 4:34 PM

Hillary was always insightful and has coined a lot of phrases and nouns that have become a part of our popular vernacular (I.e., ‘It takes a Village’, ‘Deplorables’ etc. And we don’t give her much credit for her wisdom).

[It still cracks me up when she sensed GWB had a thing for African-American women: She observed GW and Condi and said it was like life on a plantation. It was an off the cuff remark but still cracks me up to this day!]

by Anonymousreply 258June 22, 2022 4:45 PM

R257. Just give COVID more time and it will deliver these religious nuts to heaven.

by Anonymousreply 259June 22, 2022 4:48 PM

The article at R246 doesn’t address evangelical Christianity’s attitude towards gay people and same-sex marriage; it doesn’t have to. Any religion founded on “traditional” masculinity and sex roles will see homosexuality not as a private matter but as a profound threat to the “natural order” of the world.

by Anonymousreply 260June 22, 2022 4:48 PM

They would forgive Trump paying for abortions, R257 but they wouldn't forgive the woman he knocked up having them. The (straight) man is always forgiven by the "Christians" and the woman is always villified. It helps perpetuate this, that most of their leaders are all male. It's easier for them to get away with cheating, molesting, etc when they're training their flock to excuse every other dude related to their church or message.

by Anonymousreply 261June 22, 2022 4:59 PM

r258 r259

by Anonymousreply 262June 22, 2022 4:59 PM

Are devout Christian women really just sadomasochists?

That could be a title a PhD. dissertation.

I think they are. And these devout Christian mothers poison their offspring that favor sons that can do no wrong and treat their daughters as if they are always wrong and should know their place as inferior and mere servants to men as their overlords. Yes. Patriarchy reigns supreme in Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 263June 22, 2022 5:14 PM

r238- I think they've been coached to act like they're at a funeral so there won't be any pictures of them looking gleeful on FOX news. None of them has cracked a smile during the hearing though Schiff looked like the cat who swallowed the canary with Maddow last night. Discussing the bizarre Ron Johnson story carrying the documents but not knowing who sent them and then pretending to be on the phone when questioned by a reporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 22, 2022 5:19 PM

Oh dear myself. He was discussing the story ABOUT RJ carrying the fake elector documents...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 22, 2022 5:23 PM

EXT. CAPITOL PARKING LOT. AFTERNOON

RON JOHNSON strides across the lot, phone to his ear. JOURNALISTS scurry alongside, jockeying for position, seeking his attention.

JOHNSON: "I'm on the phone!"

JOURNALIST: "No you're not. I can see your screen."

[Too funny!]

by Anonymousreply 266June 22, 2022 5:33 PM

I love how Manu owned him.

by Anonymousreply 267June 22, 2022 5:37 PM

Mark Meadows Offered MAGA Gear To Officials Willing To Overturn 2020 Election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 22, 2022 5:44 PM

[quote]But they still make excuses for them like "that was in the past", "he's a different person now", etc.

"He's an imperfect man ... but so was King David and the Lord used him as a vessel for good."

That's their standard go-to for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 269June 22, 2022 5:44 PM

[quote]"He's an imperfect man ... but so was King David and the Lord used him as a vessel for good."

"David *was* perfection (and I don't mean that dumb lump of clay posing in MikeyLo's studio!)"

by Anonymousreply 270June 22, 2022 6:00 PM

Suddenly, jellyfish-spined republicans are realizing that telling the truth can make you a money making hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 22, 2022 6:02 PM

R268 I saw Meadows signing autographs quite a bit. I had never seen a Chief of Staff signing autographs in my life. I barely see Ron Klain

by Anonymousreply 272June 22, 2022 6:06 PM

r268- "Just send Karen a bunch of stuff from the promo-cabinet, women love that shit."

by Anonymousreply 273June 22, 2022 6:10 PM

Will Kinzy be conducting tomorrow's hearing shirtless?

by Anonymousreply 274June 22, 2022 6:58 PM

[quote]R269: "He's an imperfect man ... but so was King David and the Lord used him as a vessel for good."

An appalling and self-serving apologetical development. Conservative Christians seem to be closing off any possibility of biblical criticism of their own behavior. It's right up there with their recently-crafted exegesis of the Synoptic story of the Rich Young Ruler (Mk.10:17-31; Mt.19:16-30; Lk.18:18-30): 'Jesus was speaking only to that person and to no one else.'

by Anonymousreply 275June 22, 2022 8:34 PM

R218 My apologies. I'm the one who misunderstood!

by Anonymousreply 276June 22, 2022 9:09 PM

[quote]It still cracks me up when she sensed GWB had a thing for African-American women: She observed GW and Condi and said it was like life on a plantation.

R258 I'm a Hillary fan but she should have apologized for that remark. I don't give a shit about GWB but that comment was uncalled for regarding Condi.

by Anonymousreply 277June 22, 2022 9:15 PM

R275 Yep. Biblical exegesis in the service of class, domination, oppression, bigotry. I guess it always was so (my grandfather, a minister then bishop in his church, explained the diminished position of Black people because of the curse on the children of Ham - Genesis 9:18). The Bible has always been used to serve the purposes of cultural domination and colonization.

Only the Sermon on the Mount - pretty clear, you can't fuck with it. Which is why it's mostly ignored.

by Anonymousreply 278June 22, 2022 9:27 PM

R88 my apologies to you, also.

by Anonymousreply 279June 22, 2022 9:36 PM

I see what you did there R270.

I remember James Carville going on Larry King and pulling out King David in regards to Bill Clinton when the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke. It’s an all purpose cover for men behaving badly.

Note the use of the book of Daniel in the Pence related hearing. Daniel faithfully serves a wicked pagan king (Nebuchadnezzar) as far as he is able and then accepts a likely death sentence when he can’t obey him on moral grounds. The Lord protects Daniel and then Nebuchadnezzar is destroyed by a third party. It’s an alternate scriptural framework for the Evangelicals to understand Trump.

by Anonymousreply 280June 22, 2022 9:43 PM

Please do shut up R280. Nobody wants to read that shit.

by Anonymousreply 281June 22, 2022 9:45 PM

Also R281, the adulation for Trump has no basis in scripture. 🙄

They’re in a cult!!

by Anonymousreply 282June 22, 2022 9:47 PM

[quote]Nobody wants to read that shit

I do, r281....so shut up.

by Anonymousreply 283June 22, 2022 10:00 PM

These hard core Xtians also think it's just fine for preachers at mega-churches to lead lavish lifestyles, own private jets, etc. They have been conditioned to giving all of their cash away to con men and women.

"There's a sucker born every minute....and three to take 'em"

by Anonymousreply 284June 22, 2022 10:02 PM

My niece despises her mother, who is a crazed evangelical Trump supporter. She hacked her mother's Facebook and read a FB group made up of other Trump-loving evangelical women. She said the group was full of sexual innuendo and fantasies of how they pictured themselves in sexual situations with Trump, how manly he is, etc. It's nauseating to imagine, but they swoon over him.

by Anonymousreply 285June 22, 2022 10:53 PM

WaPo: FBI agents conducted court authorized law enforcement activity Wednesday morning at two locations. One was the home of Brad Carver, a Georgia lawyer who allegedly signed a document claiming to be a Trump elector. The other was the Virginia home of Thomas Lane, who worked on the Trump campaign’s efforts in Arizona and New Mexico.

Separately, at least some of the would-be Trump electors in Michigan also received subpoenas on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 286June 22, 2022 11:12 PM

R286 Just like the insurrectionists, all of the MAGAts committed crimes for their orange God. They will go to jail and he gets to play golf all day. If I were them, I'd be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 287June 22, 2022 11:17 PM

The don't have minds of their own. They've been indoctrinated.

by Anonymousreply 288June 22, 2022 11:21 PM

Tomorrow's hearing (3 pm ET) will reveal more of the names that sought pardons in the wake of Jan. 6, per CNN.

by Anonymousreply 289June 22, 2022 11:24 PM

Woo-hoo!

by Anonymousreply 290June 22, 2022 11:59 PM

More than anything, whatever needs to be done to make it happen, is there any way in hell we can have some hearing and see Trump himself testify? Asked questions by committee members? We know he is the ultimate narcissist. There has to be a way to trick him into testifying on his own behalf. I mean, he's always bragging that he wants equal time, and he'd love to testify.

David Cay Johnston is one of the very few who not only won a lawsuit against Trump, but received the payment. He got Trump to testify. Maybe the committee could hire him as a consultant.

Imagine the ratings? If anything, bait Trump with that?

Of course, what I'd really love more than anything, is to see Trump testify wearing only his diaper. It's not secret that he wears one at all times and a crew of three has to change it a few times a day, is it? It was heavily discussed in the Noel Casler thread. Casler was a casting associate for the entire run of Celebrity Apprentice.

by Anonymousreply 291June 23, 2022 6:30 AM

[quote]a crew of three has to change it a few times a day

It's that heavy?

by Anonymousreply 292June 23, 2022 7:48 AM

I think Trump would just do what he did during the debates: bellow, whine and scream over top of everyone. The MAGAs would love it, but I don't think it would accomplish anything and probably derail what has been up to this point very organized & to the point. Better to have all these people give testimony implicating him, thereby building a fence around him

by Anonymousreply 293June 23, 2022 9:04 AM

Re: R285

It doesn't surprise me that MAGAt women are rubbing themselves off to thoughts of having Trump's lard all over them. I think it's pretty obvious the majority of those ladies were molested as children and that they (over)eat to try and soothe their pain and anger from it. For them to fantasize about such a cruel, odious, pig of a human just unconsciously continues the cycle of abuse. I'd feel sorry for them but their vote(s) count and they're helping to make America the shithole it just might become, so I can't.

by Anonymousreply 294June 23, 2022 10:41 AM

My own mother is a Trump lover and life-long Southern Baptist Church member and I was raised in this environment. This actually happened to me in real life.

INT. TOYOTA CAMRY.

A mother and her teenaged son and daughter are driving home from Sunday morning service during an outbreak of Christian men and infidelity scandals on TV.

SON: Why was Pastor Steve seen in that bar with that other woman on Friday night? We were all talking about it in Sunday school.

MOTHER: Pastor Steve is just a man. A man who has a penis.

DAUGHTER: Well, he better fucking learn to keep it in his pants!

Mother and son GUFFAW hysterically.

by Anonymousreply 295June 23, 2022 11:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296June 23, 2022 12:39 PM

I spit out my coffee just now watching a clip of this documentary and seeing Ivagina claim her dad is 'honest". Is this bitch for real like like her lopsided balloon tits? Is it a mockumentary or just edited as such.

by Anonymousreply 297June 23, 2022 1:14 PM

R293 People speculating about the debates in 2024 having been paying attention - Trump last time didn't observe the rules and just bellowed (a good descriptor) like a wounded bull, AND the RNC just this year has formally pulled out of the Presidential Debate. If Trump were to run again it's unlikely there would be any debate under any format we'd recognize.

American politics - broken in the last ten years and no map to repair them. What is even possible? Well, Jan 6 Hearings are exactly important for these reasons.

by Anonymousreply 298June 23, 2022 2:54 PM

I thought the hearings aired at one pm. I killed myself racing home from work to watch!

by Anonymousreply 299June 23, 2022 6:14 PM

CNN has the Watergate stars covering: John Dean, Woodward & Bernstein with Anderson Cooper. That’s the channel I’m watching.

by Anonymousreply 300June 23, 2022 6:53 PM

R299 Easy now, hush love hush, don't distress yourself, what's your rush. Keep your thoughts nice and lush, wait.

by Anonymousreply 301June 23, 2022 6:55 PM

Oh, for fuck's sake Sean Penn. COMB YOUR HAIR.

by Anonymousreply 302June 23, 2022 7:00 PM

Why is Adam wearing a shirt?

by Anonymousreply 303June 23, 2022 7:06 PM

You can't come out shirtless, you have to build up to it.

by Anonymousreply 304June 23, 2022 7:07 PM

Did Starfleet send a rep today or has the timeline been fixed?

by Anonymousreply 305June 23, 2022 7:23 PM

Devastating takedown of Clark.

"Go back to your office and when there's an oil spill we'll call you."

Yeah, yeah, no one's opinion will be changed, but some of these videos are wickedly well constructed.

by Anonymousreply 306June 23, 2022 7:26 PM

Hunky Adam on RIGHT NOW! I have the vapors!

by Anonymousreply 307June 23, 2022 7:27 PM

[quote]You can't come out shirtless, you have to build up to it.

So after the next break?

by Anonymousreply 308June 23, 2022 7:39 PM

I bet Adam has his butt plug in under his suit.

by Anonymousreply 309June 23, 2022 7:41 PM

Dataloungers have notoriously and consistently low standards. There are no hunks present at the hearing.

by Anonymousreply 310June 23, 2022 7:50 PM

Dump, " we won this in a land. thllllliiiiide".

Guliani= "🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗"

by Anonymousreply 311June 23, 2022 7:52 PM

Rosen "The Quizzical"

by Anonymousreply 312June 23, 2022 7:56 PM

How dumb do you need to be to TEXT this stuff! Is Clark testifying today?

by Anonymousreply 313June 23, 2022 8:02 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 314June 23, 2022 8:02 PM

[quote] Dataloungers have notoriously and consistently low standards. There are no hunks present at the hearing.

My comments about Kinzinger at R307 and R309 are parody of all of the people here who swoon over him.

by Anonymousreply 315June 23, 2022 8:02 PM

r315, you assume too much...

by Anonymousreply 316June 23, 2022 8:04 PM

A leftist top here, but I think I'd be ok with Liz Cheney pegging me.

by Anonymousreply 317June 23, 2022 8:05 PM

Fuck, Louis Gohmert is a slobbering idiot.

(I'm a bit behind in my streaming.)

by Anonymousreply 318June 23, 2022 8:14 PM

R318 That's one unfortunate takeaway from these hearings. Liars, snakeoil salesmen, grifters, lunatics, deranged extremists, sleazeballs, head cases, thugs and criminals.... and they are mainstream Republicans whose party members support them 85%.

by Anonymousreply 319June 23, 2022 8:17 PM

Say what you will about Liz Cheney being an evil Cheney, but she has fabulous hair and clothes. She must have a good stylist on the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 320June 23, 2022 8:19 PM

She has BDE and is a great speaker. Too bad she's only temporarily on our side.

by Anonymousreply 321June 23, 2022 8:21 PM

[quote] Liars, snakeoil salesmen, grifters, lunatics, deranged extremists, sleazeballs, head cases, thugs and criminals....

And they're as tenacious as white on rice, R319, in their service to donald.

by Anonymousreply 322June 23, 2022 8:22 PM

The guy testifying now has a cute Mo Rocca-like lisp

by Anonymousreply 323June 23, 2022 8:25 PM

I sure hope these police officers like Harry Dunn and Daniel Hodges are getting the day off with pay to attend these hearing and not having to use personal time or vacation days.

by Anonymousreply 324June 23, 2022 8:29 PM

Trump - “Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen”.

This is the smoking gun.

Coupled with other testimony demonstrates both Trump’s substantive involvement and corrupt intent, requisite state of mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325June 23, 2022 8:36 PM

" Just find me 11,780 votes, which is one more than we need." Is definitely proof. It's right there. On tape.

by Anonymousreply 326June 23, 2022 8:39 PM

Italians changing votes via satellite? Insanity!!

by Anonymousreply 327June 23, 2022 8:40 PM

"you guys may not be following the internet the way I do"

That's the smoking gun. Digital information/social media destroyed our Republic, the Public Sphere, and simple Reason from 2010-2022.

by Anonymousreply 328June 23, 2022 8:43 PM

The exact quote is "I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have." Oddly worded, but everyone knew what he meant.

by Anonymousreply 329June 23, 2022 8:43 PM

Will this be enough for Garland to indict? It's right there in his face.

by Anonymousreply 330June 23, 2022 8:43 PM

R330 No, Trump will not be indicted. Santis will be the Republican nominee however.

by Anonymousreply 331June 23, 2022 8:46 PM

Is that Donald Hollinger of Newsview Magazine sitting a couple rows behind Rosen?

by Anonymousreply 332June 23, 2022 8:47 PM

[quote]I sure hope these police officers like Harry Dunn and Daniel Hodges are getting the day off with pay to attend these hearing and not having to use personal time or vacation days.

I could be wrong, but I thought they were on "administrative leave" (or something like that)

by Anonymousreply 333June 23, 2022 8:49 PM

No, he's here with me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334June 23, 2022 8:49 PM

Trump's shitshow (presidency) was more insane than I thought. TG we survived it.

by Anonymousreply 335June 23, 2022 8:50 PM

Block. Magats.

by Anonymousreply 336June 23, 2022 8:51 PM

Incredible what a CROOK tRUMP is. What we here at DL and across the country always knew.

So grateful for these guys to stand and protect our democracy.

I did love the comment that Clark was an environmental attorney and told….If we have an oil spill, we’ll call you!!!

by Anonymousreply 337June 23, 2022 8:54 PM

Can't wait for the British documentary footage next month.

by Anonymousreply 338June 23, 2022 8:57 PM

"What do I have to lose?" - fucking pig

by Anonymousreply 339June 23, 2022 8:58 PM

This is wild

by Anonymousreply 340June 23, 2022 8:58 PM

Just for context for the MAGA trolls and adjacent who may be reading this thread and may consider how to undermine what's presented: ALL these guys testifying are very, very conservative Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 341June 23, 2022 9:00 PM

R339, he had no thought about anything or anyone but himself.

by Anonymousreply 342June 23, 2022 9:01 PM

Hollywood couldn’t come up with such a wild story. Trump was not only corrupt but incompetent and insane.

From Trump….only the best!!!! Jeff Clark!!!!

by Anonymousreply 343June 23, 2022 9:06 PM

Am I the only one cruising the room? I see some hott-ish three piece suits...

by Anonymousreply 344June 23, 2022 9:06 PM

[quote]No, Trump will not be indicted. Santis will be the Republican nominee however.

So basically what you're saying is that all of this is for naught.

by Anonymousreply 345June 23, 2022 9:07 PM

R343 Competent? He completely understood the grift. "I could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and they wouldn't care."

by Anonymousreply 346June 23, 2022 9:07 PM

It is hurting Trump’s bid to run again.

by Anonymousreply 347June 23, 2022 9:08 PM

Kinzinger is doing a good job.

by Anonymousreply 348June 23, 2022 9:08 PM

[quote] not only corrupt but incompetent and insane.

And surrounded by fellow nutcases (Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Ginni Thomas etc.) egging him on. It’s really astounding. The inmates running the asylum.

by Anonymousreply 349June 23, 2022 9:09 PM

He does look like Donald Hollenger (sp) in the two rows behind....lol

by Anonymousreply 350June 23, 2022 9:10 PM

R345 Not even remotely what I said. The "Great Man" will now slowly slide into the dustbin of history. There is a clear record now for history of the insurrection and sedition, and who was responsible. Many will be indicted. Many will serve jail time.

But Trump will not be the head of the Republican Party... I give it about a year, depends on some results in November. Because in large part because of these hearings.

by Anonymousreply 351June 23, 2022 9:10 PM

Just hopped on this thread so forgive me if this has been covered upthread, but I thought the Hearings were having a documentarian testify today and showing clips of his film......is it not today?

by Anonymousreply 352June 23, 2022 9:10 PM

[quote]It is hurting Trump’s bid to run again.

Eliminating Trump, who would most likely lose again anyway, and making way for a DeSantis run is not something that's going to be advantageous to the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 353June 23, 2022 9:13 PM

Here we go; the named pardonees.

by Anonymousreply 354June 23, 2022 9:13 PM

Dump, was a lifelong Democrat until the grift called him to the Pukes.

by Anonymousreply 355June 23, 2022 9:13 PM

Matt Gaetz and Mo Brooks among those who asked for a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 356June 23, 2022 9:14 PM

Naming all the names..

by Anonymousreply 357June 23, 2022 9:15 PM

Perry, Biggs and Gohmert asked for one, as well.

by Anonymousreply 358June 23, 2022 9:16 PM

R353 This about the Constitution and the law, not about DNC strategies.

And the Republic may or may not surive.... but the Constitution is above party.

by Anonymousreply 359June 23, 2022 9:16 PM

Gaetz started agitating for a pardon in early December.

by Anonymousreply 360June 23, 2022 9:16 PM

Honey they are giving Matt Gaetz the BUSINESS!

by Anonymousreply 361June 23, 2022 9:16 PM

"The only reason I know to ask for a pardon is because you think you've committed a crime."

Adam Kingzinger

by Anonymousreply 362June 23, 2022 9:17 PM

"We axx..."

Oh, Bennie, c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 363June 23, 2022 9:17 PM

The gate for Gaetz!

by Anonymousreply 364June 23, 2022 9:17 PM

R363 No, that's best written "come on"... c'mon is not acceptable in writing, below standard.

by Anonymousreply 365June 23, 2022 9:19 PM

Lock THEM up!

by Anonymousreply 366June 23, 2022 9:19 PM

Ooof!

by Anonymousreply 367June 23, 2022 9:21 PM

Kinzinger bringing it home.

by Anonymousreply 368June 23, 2022 9:21 PM

Gaetz wanted a pardon spanning from birth to death

by Anonymousreply 369June 23, 2022 9:22 PM

Good closing by Kinzinger..

by Anonymousreply 370June 23, 2022 9:22 PM

Let the Republicans bring it home and clean up this garbage. The Adam and Liz show.

by Anonymousreply 371June 23, 2022 9:23 PM

Agreed. Start with removing dumps Scotus members who are out of control

by Anonymousreply 372June 23, 2022 9:24 PM

What really scares me is if Trump is ever elected President again, he won't have any traditional Republicans in any office, they will all be Trump toadies who will never push back on any of his crazy ideas or attempts to steal our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 373June 23, 2022 9:25 PM

Kinzinger is kinda mush-mouthed. He doesn't come across as the most intelligent or articulate man. Thank goodness he was born pretty.

by Anonymousreply 374June 23, 2022 9:25 PM

R374 He "reads" as an everyman, a regular guy. He doesn't sound like a politician. I think it's his strength.

by Anonymousreply 375June 23, 2022 9:27 PM

I think he did fine.

by Anonymousreply 376June 23, 2022 9:27 PM

Dump. Lost 2016 and 2020.

by Anonymousreply 377June 23, 2022 9:30 PM

Interesting more people want to supply information now. Maybe they see how brave and honest the witnesses so far have looked. Maybe they just want to try to get on the right side of history.

by Anonymousreply 378June 23, 2022 9:31 PM

Earlier on CNN Woodward and Bernstein said this was far worse and substantial than Watergate. And there's still more evidence to come.

by Anonymousreply 379June 23, 2022 9:31 PM

I had no problems with Kinzinger. He stumbled over a word once or twice, but that’s not surprising given the hours they’ve been working. Everyone was controlled and articulate.

by Anonymousreply 380June 23, 2022 9:32 PM

My response to today's info: I am a liberal Democrat and I am grateful to these conservative Republicans of principle who told the President he could not overturn the Constitution, and they would not help him.

Today (not often the case for me) I felt like an American, not a Democrat

by Anonymousreply 381June 23, 2022 9:32 PM

Of course this is worse.

The confederate flag never flew in the nation's capitol UNTIL J6.

by Anonymousreply 382June 23, 2022 9:33 PM

Will they ultimately get Pence on the stand?

by Anonymousreply 383June 23, 2022 9:39 PM

That Jeffery Clark, the environmental lawyer, sounds like a real piece of work. Those DOJ guys that worked with really hated him and shaded him throughout their testimony.

[quote] Donoghue said he told Clark, "You're an environmental lawyer. How about you go back to your office, and we'll call you when there's an oil spill."

The FBI raided Clark’s home yesterday morning, taking out electronics while he stood in the street in his pajamas. It seems a lot of the former Trump loyalists have had to get jobs with think tanks made up of nothing but themselves. Unemployable!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384June 23, 2022 9:40 PM

[quote] Will they ultimately get Pence on the stand?

Only is Mother allows it and he thinks it will be politically advantageous for him, so NO.

by Anonymousreply 385June 23, 2022 9:42 PM

The Italian satellites (sp)..affecting votes? Is that like the Jewish lasers?

by Anonymousreply 386June 23, 2022 9:43 PM

Mother has always hated Trump. My guess is they’re both afraid their car will blow up if they speak against Trump. Too bad Pence doesn’t have a spine.

Mother is probably saying to herself, if only this dumb cunt I married had listened to me! I told you so!

by Anonymousreply 387June 23, 2022 9:45 PM

Adam K will be on CNN in 5 minutes! Adam and Anderson together at last!

by Anonymousreply 388June 23, 2022 9:45 PM

R385 Just in, Mo Brooks emailed saying he'd testify for the committee "in public only"

Not holding my breath, but there is slippage in Kray Kray World.

by Anonymousreply 389June 23, 2022 9:47 PM

I really hope all sorts of graphic pedo PORN is found on Jeffrey Clark's computer.

by Anonymousreply 390June 23, 2022 9:47 PM

I love the shit hitting the fan.

by Anonymousreply 391June 23, 2022 9:48 PM

Brooks is worried about what the committee may already have on him. One of his conditions is that they turn over all information they have on him before he’ll testify. Not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 392June 23, 2022 9:49 PM

Check MINE! R390

by Anonymousreply 393June 23, 2022 9:49 PM

Kinzingeer is now on with Jake Tapper. Adam has BDE right now...great serious face.

by Anonymousreply 394June 23, 2022 9:51 PM

His blue shirt and tie make his blue eyes POP!

by Anonymousreply 395June 23, 2022 9:51 PM

Mo Brooks = desperately seeking relevance

by Anonymousreply 396June 23, 2022 9:52 PM

Kinzingeer did a great job and the respondents gave excellent testimony!

by Anonymousreply 397June 23, 2022 9:54 PM

Kinzinger did great. He structured the narrative with complete clarity and allowed the witnesses, under oath, to tell their story.

It was riveting.

by Anonymousreply 398June 23, 2022 9:56 PM

Kinzinger reiterating the point - this not to convict folks of crimes in the past, it's to remind us of the real danger in our future.

by Anonymousreply 399June 23, 2022 9:56 PM

danger right now, SCOTUS is off the chain!

by Anonymousreply 400June 23, 2022 9:58 PM

Aren't there some limitations on so-called pocket pardons?

by Anonymousreply 401June 23, 2022 10:02 PM

Murdochs (i.e. the RNC powers that be) have already started to move their chips around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402June 23, 2022 10:04 PM

Today's comments here were relevant and focused until the trolls showed up; it's telling how so many of us remained quiet and refused to engage them.

See you in July, folks.

by Anonymousreply 403June 23, 2022 10:05 PM

R403 Many fewer Trump/troll comments than usual. Not sure what you see or intend.

by Anonymousreply 404June 23, 2022 10:14 PM

R403, I really wonder though if even Murdoch can control these conspiracy theorists. A lot of them have already parted from Trump, not because they think he’s crazy, but because in their fevered minds, he’s not crazy enough. A lot of them are anti-vaxxers or Qanons, and they’re kind of a separate thing into themselves. They are angry Trump encouraged people to get vaxxed for a while.

Others think Trump is virtually a god and if he says different things on different days, they agree with everything no matter how much it changes. Those people will not change no matter what Fox says. They’ll go to OAN because Fox is “too liberal” as some of them say. If Fox loses viewers because they hop off the Trump train, what then? Will Murdoch let Fox run into the ground as long as he can? A lot of their viewers are pretty old and they’re dying off already in a few years, while younger people are cutting off cable. Maybe they want to cling to the aging viewers they have as long as they can.

Also, I’ve read one Murdoch offspring is more moderate, but the one that controls Fox more now is even more radical than Murdoch and there will be no moderation from him.

by Anonymousreply 405June 23, 2022 10:22 PM

[quote]I am grateful to these conservative Republicans of principle who told the President he could not overturn the Constitution, and they would not help him.

Yeah, but if given the chance they will vote for him again.

by Anonymousreply 406June 23, 2022 10:24 PM

Trump will not be able to stop himself from attacking DeSatan if he gets the nomination. Trump's cult will follow along.

by Anonymousreply 407June 23, 2022 10:25 PM

Most of those “moderate” Republicans are shocked, simply shocked, that gambling was found in this establishment, but voted with Trump 90%+ of the time. And those are the “moderates.”

by Anonymousreply 408June 23, 2022 10:25 PM

^Yeah, but you know, those people may be assholes, but they see the big picture & say "I hate X, but he/she advances the causes I care about." Dems won't vote for you if they think you're "woke enough" or militant about gender biases (or some damn thing like that). I get those things are important to people, but you gotta hand it to the repigs: their voters are discipled & show up & dems get mad & sit home if you're militant enough for them

by Anonymousreply 409June 23, 2022 10:30 PM

Damn, almost got Gym Jordan asking for a pardon. He was pardon-adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 410June 23, 2022 10:33 PM

DeSantis is much more dangerous for 2024 than Trump because he'll take pains not to make the same kind of clumsy mistakes Trump did.

by Anonymousreply 411June 23, 2022 11:07 PM

Meanwhile on Fox News this evening, it’s all about the border! As it is every other night.

by Anonymousreply 412June 23, 2022 11:09 PM

[quote]Kinzingeer is now on with Jake Tapper. Adam has BDE right now...great serious face.

KInzinger is cute as hell but BDE? No. He has LDE. Specifically, little-dick, cock-riding energy.

by Anonymousreply 413June 23, 2022 11:15 PM

Former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani told the Jan. 6 committee he recalled having conversation that “Somebody should be put in charge of the Justice Department who who isn't frightened of what's going to be done to their reputation”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 23, 2022 11:17 PM

The Trumps did not have editorial control. Full stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 23, 2022 11:24 PM

I loved the way the three on the panel threatened Trump if he made Jeffrey Clark AG that they would resign as well as the entire Department of Justice.

by Anonymousreply 416June 23, 2022 11:28 PM

R410 Much like he was sexual assault adjacent in those hot tubs.

by Anonymousreply 417June 24, 2022 12:10 AM

I don't get it--what was that at R415? I couldn't watch the hearing today.

by Anonymousreply 418June 24, 2022 12:31 AM

There's been so much juicy stuff in these hearings I can't understand how Fox can avoid televising it all just for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 419June 24, 2022 12:34 AM

Will there be any film coverage of the Clark home break in by the FBI that will eventually leak?

by Anonymousreply 420June 24, 2022 12:37 AM

R409 is trying to blame everything he doesn't like on trans people. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 421June 24, 2022 12:42 AM

I don't have a shred of evidence for either of the following but here's what my random neurons come up with:

1. The execution of the search warrant on Jeffery Clark's home is because there is probable cause to believe there is evidence of obstruction of justice in his home

2. The execution of the search warrant on Jeffery Clark's home is because there is probable cause to believe there is evidence of child pornography in his home.

Or both

by Anonymousreply 422June 24, 2022 1:31 AM

All that blue really suits DL Fave Adam K

by Anonymousreply 423June 24, 2022 1:33 AM

Watching msnbc - Rachel Maddow doing a good job at regurgitating the hearing and drawing all the connections - some I didn't think about. There's just so many moving parts and individuals and overlapping timelines of events.

She needs to have her own Sean Hannity board with all the perpetrators and start drawing arrows live on tv.

by Anonymousreply 424June 24, 2022 1:39 AM

R415 That doc of the tRumps will be like taking a hit of acid. He sat there and was obsessed with the glass of water and table next to him which was bizarre and surreal.

by Anonymousreply 425June 24, 2022 1:44 AM

These hearings are mean to some of my finest gentleman callers.

by Anonymousreply 426June 24, 2022 1:44 AM

R425 I wish people would stop with this “tRump” crap. It’s tiresome and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 427June 24, 2022 2:02 AM

tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump Rump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump tRump

R427, You DO get that when you become a DL scold, we do things 1000x more just to annoy you, right?

by Anonymousreply 428June 24, 2022 2:06 AM

Scott Perry looks like a giant penis with a face painted on it. A real dick.

by Anonymousreply 429June 24, 2022 2:09 AM

Trump was huffing & puffing in the video with the glass of water. Perhaps his girdle was too tight.

by Anonymousreply 430June 24, 2022 2:31 AM

Luttig: Trump, Allies Are ‘Clear And Present Danger To American Democracy’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 24, 2022 2:56 AM

Quick question: Listening to Rachel Maddow’s recap, IF, if the DOJ gets enough evidence against Dump and can indict him, Is it true that the indictment in itself will nullify Dump from ever running for public office? Automatically? It gets a bit blurry, but there is a law that prevents a person from running IF the indictment involved a resurrection.

by Anonymousreply 432June 24, 2022 5:51 AM

[quote]It gets a bit blurry, but there is a law that prevents a person from running IF the indictment involved a resurrection.

Leave me out of this.

by Anonymousreply 433June 24, 2022 6:15 AM

This will be the trial of the decade if they indict them all and we will be dissecting it for decades in the future.

Plus, it kinda reminds me of the Manson Murders and having to piece all the evidence together so that they can go after Manson. This time, it will be Dump instead of Manson. Except Dump does not the mastermind to pull it off at this level.

by Anonymousreply 434June 24, 2022 6:27 AM

Doesn't any trial end the moment the Repugs take over the Justice Department again? Or, the next Repug president just pardons all of them outright? Or, they hit a Trump/McTurtle installed idiot judge?

There is no justice for us when it comes to criminal Repugs. There never has been even once in the entire history of this shitty country. I hope a mob tars and feathers every single one of them. Let them burn.

by Anonymousreply 435June 24, 2022 6:32 AM

R435. Good question. We need some legal experts here. Come on DL.

Given that Repugs are on record now that they will subvert all laws and the Consttution itself forces us to find ways to prevent this from happening again. These criminals have managed to exploit our Constitution to protect themselves from prosecution and hop through every possible legal loophole to stab us in the back.

Still, these depraved and their flock compose of a mere 30% of the Republican Party. The easiest way is to use some of their tactics to fight back. Including trying to splinter the Party. Sensible, centrist Pukes need to break away and form some other party. The Lincoln Party, for example.

by Anonymousreply 436June 24, 2022 6:55 AM

Here’s a way to fuck up the RePigs - It’s likely that some of those 1/6 rioters resent Dump for not helping them get out of the clink. Some may come to believe they’ve been conned (they were!). If only they could switch sides to rail against Dump and rally the other Neanderthal.

There are ways, but the Democrats will have to do the work. The Pukes are successful because they work much harder at it. We have to be more vigilant as well.

by Anonymousreply 437June 24, 2022 7:10 AM

Some one mused that he never thought Trump would be indicted, until today's hearing. He thinks it turned the tide. Trump came this close to completely taking over the DOJ. The only way for the DOJ to prevent this in the future is indictment. They have no choice now.

by Anonymousreply 438June 24, 2022 8:04 AM

[quote] I am grateful to these conservative Republicans of principle who told the President he could not overturn the Constitution, and they would not help him.

Let's be very clear: these people are not doing this because they have principles. That's a convenient fiction. They're doing it because they're scared of the law coming for their asses too and they want their lives to be semi-livable when this is all over, without people spitting at them in the street and chasing them out of restaurants. FEAR is their motivator, not principles. They're Trumpster rethugs. They gave up on principles a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 439June 24, 2022 8:30 AM

What’s the DL take on Mo Brooks wanting to testify now? Will he spill it all since Trump abandoned him and he last the Rethug primary in his state? Who else may crack in the next 2 weeks …?

by Anonymousreply 440June 24, 2022 10:41 AM

Rachel was speculating last night that it could be a setup to get MAGA-voiced testimony into the record on live tv. It was also stated that no prosecutor would want to put a witness under oath if they have no idea what they’re going to say, etc. which makes it unlikely to happen.

I don’t think the committee has much to gain by offering Brooks live testimony, etc. He’ll just be dismissed by MAGA as sour grapes and it would lower the standard of hearings thus far.

Plus, Brooks - who showed up on the dias in bullet-proofed, armoured vest - may have his own explaining to do if subpoenaed by the DOJ.

I don’t think of Mo Brooks as a star witness. More of a patsy and they have plenty of them.

The raid on Clarke’s home, along with 8 or 9 others, is very interesting. Because, lbh, that’s just one degree of separation away from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 441June 24, 2022 11:03 AM

I cannot believe just how many Pigs, even long-established Republicans, are kissing Dump’s ass.

YOU WILL HEAR IT HERE FIRST….

I’m betting somehow Dump has either honey trapped a lot of them and/or gotten hold of blackmail material. And here’s the thing: This info could in large part have been collected from foreign sources (hint: Rhymes with “Prussia”). Sounds far fetched, but how can Orangturd have so many powerful government officials by the balls? What other reason? This, and the infamous Russian pee tape.

Perhaps I give Russia too much credit. Still, if money is always a motivating factor, than why would these power brokers be willing to give up their political careers and end up unemployed? Most successful Administrations manage to offer better paying jobs to staff members once they are out of office and grant them lucrative private sector positions.

Loyalty to Dump OTOH renders them broke and living in obscurity.

(What is Kellyanne Conway doing these days (not talking about her husband, but their shtick works out for them). Where is Stephen Miller today. Where is Hope Hicks? etc. it simply doesn’t pay off to be loyal to Dump for any of them). Even all of their hopeful cash cow books are bombing…So harsh, it all seems

p.s. What exactly is in Meuller’s unredacted report? Still begs the same question of Russian involvement. Taxpayers have paid for it, but we can’t access it? National security involved? The mind boggles.

There must be a link that is keeping it all under the lid for now and that link is RUSSIA.

by Anonymousreply 442June 24, 2022 11:11 AM

[quote]They're doing it because they're scared of the law coming for their asses too and they want their lives to be semi-livable when this is all over, without people spitting at them in the street and chasing them out of restaurants.

While that's true, their testimonies will subject themselves and their families to unrelenting MAGA death threats and doxxing. Some have already been experiencing this for two years. That doesn't make them heroes, though, they're just facing the consequences of supporting a morally bankrupt party and president.

by Anonymousreply 443June 24, 2022 11:16 AM

[quote]I’m betting somehow Dump has either honey trapped a lot of them and/or gotten hold of blackmail material.

It amazes me that people still think Republicans have to be blackmailed into being venal, craven and corrupt.

THAT'S WHO THEY ARE.

by Anonymousreply 444June 24, 2022 11:23 AM

[quote]Rachel was speculating last night that it could be a setup to get MAGA-voiced testimony into the record on live tv. It was also stated that no prosecutor would want to put a witness under oath if they have no idea what they’re going to say, etc. which makes it unlikely to happen.

That's exactly it. He can ramble on and on about imaginary conspiracies and cast aspersions at the committee's "witch hunt." He'd be seen as a hero by the MAGA crowd.

by Anonymousreply 445June 24, 2022 11:26 AM

R442, I think it’s as simple as their seats are threatened if they don’t have MAGA support.

What you describe requires far more effort than Trump would ever be willing to make and also a fair amount of competence that Trump does not possess.

By virtue of being in the orbit of a one-man crime wave they are themselves tainted with criminal culpability. It doesn’t have to be more than that.

by Anonymousreply 446June 24, 2022 11:28 AM

So they are willing to risk goin to jail rather than lose their seats? Doesn’t add up. We are talking about Congressmen have held their seats for decades and have never felt this threatened before.

by Anonymousreply 447June 24, 2022 11:44 AM

[quote]So they are willing to risk goin to jail rather than lose their seats?

Who do you think is going to jail?

by Anonymousreply 448June 24, 2022 11:46 AM

I’m just floating the Russian connection because it would explain why we have so many loose ends and most people and the media have short attention spans. Also, keep in mind how the NRA-Russian dark money campaign funding flows through the Republican Party. It’s the SIMPLEST theory that connects many dots.

Russia!

by Anonymousreply 449June 24, 2022 11:50 AM

R442. What if Russia saw Dump as the perfect blowhard stooge who happened to want to build a nice hotel there?

by Anonymousreply 450June 24, 2022 11:55 AM

Courtesy of 2¢.

by Anonymousreply 451June 24, 2022 12:01 PM

Speaking of Trump and Russia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452June 24, 2022 12:03 PM

[quote] KInzinger is cute as hell but BDE?

Guys whose ears stick out like Kinzinger's have big dicks. Cf. Ken Ryker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453June 24, 2022 12:28 PM

Big Dick Ears now? Really? It must not equate this because Dump has big ears but swings a tiny, big-headed mushroom dick.

by Anonymousreply 454June 24, 2022 12:32 PM

[quote]Guys whose ears stick out like Kinzinger's have big dicks.

Yeah, I'm going to guess that's not universally true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455June 24, 2022 12:34 PM

Someone mentioned Liz Cheney’s voice and style. This is not an accident. Republicans go through a sort of training on how to speak and dress. It often lasts years. With her pedigree she likely has been practicing her speech since birth. She does say “ummm” a lot, though. Her voice is actually whiny but she makes up for it by the way she speaks.

by Anonymousreply 456June 24, 2022 1:06 PM

Link to thread 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457June 24, 2022 1:43 PM

Thanks, Elderlez.

by Anonymousreply 458June 24, 2022 1:44 PM

ElderLez, you linked to the hateful DefuckedUp's thread!

by Anonymousreply 459June 24, 2022 1:46 PM

I’m sure Liz is breathing a sigh of relief that the hearings are going as well as could be expected. Her work and the rest of the Senate committee will go down favorably in historic records. Meaning, it is/will not go on record as a disaster. I think she took a gamble by going live on TV vs. closed door hearings and publicly-released indictments, but it has paid off. Sure enough, the hearings have made many rats jump the ship and even more evidence is coming out. Hopefully more Pukes will jump ship.

Now with this credibility factor, if they could parcel the info out piece by piece to allow enough media coverage from now into the Nov, it’ll taste exquisite!

by Anonymousreply 460June 24, 2022 1:47 PM

Why did we need another thread? Aren’t we supposed to go to 600?

by Anonymousreply 461June 24, 2022 1:52 PM

There's a part 4 up for the main thread on the hearings. You may prefer a supplemental auxiliary thread rather than participation in the general thread. We should make our own choices in how we choose to spend our spare time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462June 24, 2022 1:53 PM

r462

by Anonymousreply 463June 24, 2022 1:54 PM

FCI are you hearing any chatter from your sources on the Hill about how yesterday’s testimony went?

by Anonymousreply 464June 24, 2022 2:00 PM

Give him time to make up a fake answer, R464.

ElderLez has shown herself to be a Conservative, like most lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 465June 24, 2022 2:05 PM

I still intend to post on this thread for now and we can have a 4B when this thread gets glitchy if it appears that 4 is likely to get greyed out. (3 is greyed out for me already.) I’d like to make sure all of the threads are linked since they all have interesting posters and comments.

I do think that DeFacto and the other OP are two different conservative gay men.

by Anonymousreply 466June 24, 2022 2:06 PM

r466

by Anonymousreply 467June 24, 2022 2:07 PM

Well I do love Bill Weld R465, but I think anyone who knows my posting history is aware of my longstanding support for moderate to liberal Democrats such as Val Demmings and Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 468June 24, 2022 2:10 PM

May I suggest simply starting a fresh new thread the day of the next hearings?

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 469June 24, 2022 2:12 PM

r468

by Anonymousreply 470June 24, 2022 2:21 PM

r471.

by Anonymousreply 471June 24, 2022 2:27 PM

I hate getting a notice that there are new posts on a thread I am following and then they all turn out to be junk like the last few on this one that have nothing to do with the original topic. Guess you can add this post to that category, too.

by Anonymousreply 472June 24, 2022 2:31 PM

Sorry R472.

I am interested to see if any of the House members who voted against certifying the election put out statements now disavowing their votes and stating that they would have voted differently had they been aware of all the facts.

by Anonymousreply 473June 24, 2022 2:49 PM

They've all burrowed in to their shells and are hoping not to be noticed.

They should be putting the screws to Matt Gaetz; what happened to his sex-trafficing case? He needs a dollop of sedition and misuse of caampaign funds on top.

by Anonymousreply 474June 24, 2022 2:59 PM

R473 - I thought some of them were pulling together a “shadow” report so that el Dumpo has a “voice” in the hearings?

by Anonymousreply 475June 24, 2022 3:38 PM

I had heard that too R437, but given how tight these hearings are and the recent DOJ activities I’d have to think anyone with half a brain would be reconsidering if that is such a good move.

by Anonymousreply 476June 24, 2022 3:50 PM

The way this is going now, I think DeSanty is going to end up being the Republican nominee for Prez next time. Shitler doesn't really WANT to be Prez anymore, but his psychotic narcissism isn't going to allow him to fade away quietly, so I think he'll run TOO, splitting the Republicunts, and thus even Sleepy Joe might have a fair chance of beating both of them. I hate the idea of Biden crawling on as Pres, but right now I don't see many I would willingly vote for to replace him. Certainly ANYONE gets my vote over the 2 likely Repugnits, I'd vote for a dead dog over either one.

by Anonymousreply 477June 24, 2022 3:57 PM

R464 I see my ultra jealous stalker is here at R465. Hey 465, suck my big dick, bitch.

R464 The hearings are having an effect on public opinion. Even if someone doesn’t watch it they see the big stuff replayed elsewhere. When I said the majority of House Republicans asked for pardons, we saw that was right on the money yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 478June 24, 2022 3:59 PM

Colbert

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479June 24, 2022 4:09 PM

Colbert2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480June 24, 2022 4:09 PM

R478 perhaps you could send out one of your famous “red alert” texts? Lol

by Anonymousreply 481June 24, 2022 4:58 PM

[quote]so I think he'll run TOO, splitting the Republicunts, and thus even Sleepy Joe might have a fair chance of beating both of them.

Could we just not use fucking Trump's nickname for Biden?

by Anonymousreply 482June 24, 2022 8:45 PM

R481 WTF are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 483June 25, 2022 12:10 AM

r481 is a Newbie Troll who does not know what authentication is.

They believe that every Greg is Greg, every Cheryl is Cheryl and all FCIs are FCIs.

While all red FCIs are FCI he is some special idiot.

Can't wait till he runs into Red M....

by Anonymousreply 484June 25, 2022 12:44 AM

The same people who voted tostall the Electoral count on 1/6 are the same people crawling into the vaginas of pregnant women.

Send them to jail, Garland, and let us replace them.

by Anonymousreply 485June 25, 2022 1:50 AM

they are doing a great job. When the hearings return, roe versus wade will not be front page news.

by Anonymousreply 486June 25, 2022 1:52 AM

Maybe Scott Perry can disrupt the next hearing with a long-range weather machine connected to the Interweb. He's innocent, he tells ya!

by Anonymousreply 487June 25, 2022 2:07 AM

R486, I betcha it will. The Supreme Court has fired the equivalent of a nuke to the news cycle, blowing the January 6 Commission out of it. It will be tough to recover it.

by Anonymousreply 488June 25, 2022 5:54 AM

“It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.”

by Anonymousreply 489June 25, 2022 2:36 PM

r488. If Ukraine can be put on the back burner, all it takes is another batch of hearings for the Biden Admin to connect 1/6 to the Supreme Court.

Game, set, match, Democrats.

Bye Bye Ginni's husband.

by Anonymousreply 490June 25, 2022 2:44 PM

God, that would be so nice, R490. Not holding out much hope, but...

by Anonymousreply 491June 25, 2022 2:46 PM

I'm with R488. Tie Roe to 1/6 and there's a chance the mid-terms won't be a bloodbath.

by Anonymousreply 492June 25, 2022 8:42 PM

NO, tie 1/6 to Ginny and the SCOTUS and Roe is an electrocharged issue.

by Anonymousreply 493June 26, 2022 1:02 AM

Committee called back for tomorrow!

What's up?

by Anonymousreply 494June 27, 2022 5:19 PM

Could it be that an Oath Keeper or Proud Boy decided to hand over audio of Trump expressly calling for violence?

Or, is that wishful daydreaming?

by Anonymousreply 495June 27, 2022 5:21 PM

Hey Della,

Maybe something like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496June 27, 2022 5:33 PM

J6 and the rogue supreme courts toxic rulings are the same. A violation of the democratic rule of law.

by Anonymousreply 497June 27, 2022 5:33 PM

My nephew works for a lobbying firm in DC they’re saying around the office it’s the film maker and must see footage. Take a late lunch tomorrow folks!

by Anonymousreply 498June 27, 2022 8:51 PM

Ali Alexander

by Anonymousreply 499June 27, 2022 9:25 PM

Link to thread about tomorrow.

I do love a good mystery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500June 27, 2022 9:27 PM

For them to come back on recess for a “time sensitive” hearing is a big fucking deal.

by Anonymousreply 501June 27, 2022 11:24 PM

Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 502June 27, 2022 11:30 PM

Exactly, r501/FCI. These few days right before the 4th...

by Anonymousreply 503June 27, 2022 11:30 PM

I really hope this isn’t a big bust.

by Anonymousreply 504June 27, 2022 11:33 PM

They were described as “scrambling” back to DC to get this done. I don’t see a big bust here. They have something big.

by Anonymousreply 505June 27, 2022 11:51 PM

So, care to venture speculation FCI?

by Anonymousreply 506June 27, 2022 11:55 PM

This, r504...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507June 27, 2022 11:56 PM

R506 The “time sensitive” part is what has me stumped.

by Anonymousreply 508June 27, 2022 11:58 PM

I hope it’s Alex Holder with videotape of Dump disparaging his supporters. But that actually wouldn’t be earth shattering in terms of the investigation. We know what Dump thinks of them already anyway.

by Anonymousreply 509June 27, 2022 11:59 PM

The key words are time sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 510June 28, 2022 12:00 AM

They may be getting out in front of something so either evidence isn’t destroyed or talking points can’t be developed. I don’t know. Fingers crossed this blows trump and the GOP out of the water for good.

by Anonymousreply 511June 28, 2022 12:03 AM

It’s strange r510, I agree. What could be time sensitive? Geez the only thing I can think of is someone on their deathbed? So They have to testify now? Maybe Melanie’s going to be deported and she wants to testify before she’s booted? (That’s a long shot.)

by Anonymousreply 512June 28, 2022 12:05 AM

My friend texted back and said: “Speculation on my part: it could be related to the documentary. They must have juicy material and felt Roe is going to thwart their momentum so they decided to hold this meeting.”

by Anonymousreply 513June 28, 2022 12:07 AM

I've always believed there's no way they managed to plan a coup without fucking up somewhere. They fucked up everywhere how could something this big be any different?

by Anonymousreply 514June 28, 2022 12:08 AM

Someone has panning on fleeing the country would certainly be interesting.

Perhaps someone about to arrested who wants to come clean first?

by Anonymousreply 515June 28, 2022 12:08 AM

R515 Good point.

by Anonymousreply 516June 28, 2022 12:09 AM

It may be Mo Brooks. He may have something so damaging they don’t want to wait until July.

by Anonymousreply 517June 28, 2022 12:12 AM

[quote] I've always believed there's no way they managed to plan a coup without fucking up somewhere. They fucked up everywhere how could something this big be any different?

Very good point, R514.

My variation has been the thought that almost everything we have learned to this point indicates that the coup should have worked. Blessed are we that it didn't, but I really haven't heard any explanation beyond Mike Pence being the weak link to indicate why they weren't able to take the Capital, take hostages, detonate bombs and delay certification.

by Anonymousreply 518June 28, 2022 12:15 AM

In other news,Michael Stenger has died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519June 28, 2022 12:15 AM

A verified account on Twitter speculated it is former Justice Kennedy. I lost the account or I would link it. The account was Brooklyn Dad Defiant.

by Anonymousreply 520June 28, 2022 12:15 AM

Could "time sensitive" refer to the Tuesday primaries? Mail-in ballots being compromised?

by Anonymousreply 521June 28, 2022 12:16 AM

Did Discovery+ move up the date of the documentary airing? That would make a hearing discussing it time sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 522June 28, 2022 12:18 AM

…and the rumors keep flying. A rumor in Twitter says Stenger was shot. Stenger btw was the Sergeant at Arms for the Senate the day of Jan. 6. He resigned Jan. 7. This is just a rumor btw!

Ok I’m going to stop reading Twitter. I don’t know who can be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 523June 28, 2022 12:19 AM

Wtf R519

by Anonymousreply 524June 28, 2022 12:20 AM

I read somewhere earlier today that the paper coup legal Keystone Kops had known that they had two SCOTUS judges in their pocket, ready to vote for in favor of overturning the legitimate votes. Is it related to that?

by Anonymousreply 525June 28, 2022 12:21 AM

I don’t mind the speculation. This is fun. Wouldn’t it be nice if this brought down a few conservative SC justices?

by Anonymousreply 526June 28, 2022 12:33 AM

I just love that this has no doubt had Trump raging at everyone in his circle all day. No sleep for Donny tonight.

by Anonymousreply 527June 28, 2022 12:40 AM

Remember all the way back to last week when Ron Johnson denied having any knowledge of the fake elector package his office wanted to get to Pence?

By Thursday, Johnson said that the fake elector slates had come from the office of Pennsylvania Rep. Mike Kelly. And, Johnson also acknowledged – in an interview with a local radio station – that he had coordinated, via text message, with his chief of staff and Dane Count attorney Jim Troupis to make sure Pence got the Wisconsin fake elector slate.

But, wait, there’s more. Kelly’s office told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that the congressman “has not spoken to Sen. Johnson for the better part of a decade, and he has no knowledge of the claims Mr. Johnson is making related to the 2020 election.”

by Anonymousreply 528June 28, 2022 12:49 AM

R528, denying that you’ve “spoken” with someone is not a denial that you’ve communicated in other ways, and particularly not a denial of staff communication. These guys are so stingy with the truth.

by Anonymousreply 529June 28, 2022 12:58 AM

Every hearing has been a blockbuster. the committee is so smart to refocus on J6 and ignore the antics from the trolls in the Supreme Court. I am leaving work early tomorrow to watch this.

by Anonymousreply 530June 28, 2022 12:59 AM

Michael Stenger, the Senate sergeant-at-arms who oversaw security in the upper chamber during the Capitol riot, died Monday morning, according to multiple reports.

The cause of his death was not immediately clear. Stenger held the post from 2018 to 2021 and stepped down the day after the Jan. 6 attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531June 28, 2022 2:02 AM

Blockbuster for me would be a vid on Eastman’s phone of a Lindsey-Belle DP, black tatted BBC used to blackmail him by tRUMP. Or Ted Cancun in a loaded diaper and ball gag being whipped by MTG.

I’d take off work for that.

by Anonymousreply 532June 28, 2022 2:29 AM

The Washington Examiner is an American conservative news website and weekly magazine based in Washington, D.C. It is owned by MediaDC, a subsidiary of Clarity Media Group, which is owned by Philip Anschutz.

From 2005 to mid-2013, the Examiner published a daily tabloid-sized newspaper, distributed throughout the Washington, D.C., metro area. The newspaper focused on local news and political commentary. The local newspaper ceased publication on June 14, 2013, whereupon its content began to focus almost exclusively on national politics, from a conservative point of view, switching its print edition from a daily newspaper to an expanded print weekly magazine format.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533June 28, 2022 2:37 AM

Would they get the same amount of information had Eastman gotten a new phone?

by Anonymousreply 534June 28, 2022 2:37 AM

Isn’t Philip Anschutz the turd that owns Coachella Music Festival and Stagecoach Music Festival?

by Anonymousreply 535June 28, 2022 2:43 AM

[quote] Cassidy HUTCHINSON will be the surprise witness at the Jan. 6 hearing tomorrow

[quote] Hutchinson was a senior aide to former WH Chief of Staff Mark Meadows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 28, 2022 3:05 AM

Mr Stenger’s death comes amid the House of Representatives’s attempt to investigate the riot at the US Capitol last year wherein supporters of former president Donald Trump raided the complex in an attempt to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Mr Stenger assumed the role in 2018 after he served as chief of staff to his predecessor Frank Larkin, Roll Call reported at the time. He previously served in the United States Marine Corps and for 35 years in the US Secret Service.

In the days and weeks following the attack, Mr Stenger received the brunt of the blame. Then-Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer pledged he would fire Mr Stenger if he was not out of office by the time Democrats assumed the majority on 20 January of last year.

Mitch McConnell, then Senate Majority Leader, “requested and received the resignation” of Mr Stenger the day after the riot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 28, 2022 3:05 AM

Trump will die in jail.

by Anonymousreply 538June 28, 2022 7:06 AM

If only.

by Anonymousreply 539June 28, 2022 7:19 AM

Trump will die with a hamberder in his mouth, his hand up Vanky's wet, wet gash and Steve Bannon and Roger Stone battling it out who gets to be the last to suck his dick.

You can't destroy pure, unadulterated evil.

Trust me.

But there's no way I'm letting him have a corner office

by Anonymousreply 540June 28, 2022 3:54 PM

Ms Cheney is setting up another litigation prosecution. This Chicago Law graduate is going to cut Trump's balls off. This is Trump's Nuremberg.

by Anonymousreply 541June 28, 2022 5:40 PM

Stop posting the same thing in multiple threads, R541.

by Anonymousreply 542June 28, 2022 5:49 PM

If there are redundant threads, I get to post a redundant post.

by Anonymousreply 543June 28, 2022 5:51 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

LOCK HIM UP!! LOCK HIM UP!! LOCK HIM UP!!

by Anonymousreply 544June 28, 2022 5:53 PM

Has there really been no cause of death released for Michael Stenger? I can't find anything. That's insane.

by Anonymousreply 545June 28, 2022 5:57 PM

Apparently when Trump found out about Barr's interview stating that there was no evidence of voting fraud, he had a tantrum and threw his lunch at the wall. There was a ketchup stain on the wall and a broken plate on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 546June 28, 2022 6:03 PM

He died of natural causes.

by Anonymousreply 547June 28, 2022 6:04 PM

[quote]If there are redundant threads, I get to post a redundant post.

I suspect you and redundancy are well, well acquainted.

by Anonymousreply 548June 28, 2022 6:06 PM

This

by Anonymousreply 549June 28, 2022 6:08 PM

Thread

by Anonymousreply 550June 28, 2022 6:08 PM

Is.

by Anonymousreply 551June 28, 2022 6:09 PM

Slow

by Anonymousreply 552June 28, 2022 6:09 PM

That’s because people are posting over here —>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 28, 2022 6:14 PM

Q. Do you believe in the peaceful transfer of power?

A. Flynn, "I plead the fifth".

by Anonymousreply 554June 28, 2022 6:38 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 555June 28, 2022 6:47 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 556June 28, 2022 6:48 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 557June 28, 2022 6:48 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 558June 28, 2022 6:48 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 559June 28, 2022 6:49 PM

40 more to go

by Anonymousreply 560June 28, 2022 6:49 PM

Here is a new thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561June 28, 2022 7:00 PM

Bruh-mp

by Anonymousreply 562June 28, 2022 8:04 PM

Threads get glitchy at this stage, please do go to the other thread about today where it’s easier for people to post.

by Anonymousreply 563June 28, 2022 9:41 PM

I"m glad R541 did, R542. I did not realize that Cheney had a law degree and worked as an attorney, but the University of Chicago makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 564June 28, 2022 10:01 PM

Part 4B link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565June 29, 2022 4:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!