Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

And Just Like That... DIscussion Part 2!

Carrie on...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 18, 2021 5:31 PM

Link to Part one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2021 7:45 PM

This just in - Kim Cattrall net worth now estimated north of $800M!

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2021 7:59 PM

I really missed Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2021 8:00 PM

To continue the discussion from part 1, I think killing Big was the best of the options available. Carrie couldn't stay happily married onscreen, and a divorce from Big would be annoying after everything we watched them go through. He was established as having heart problems during the series, so his death makes sense.

I'd agree, though, that if they'd had Big dead for a year or two already when the series started, they could have begun on a much lighter note.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2021 8:07 PM

DAILY MAIL EXCLUSIVE: KIM CATTRALL IS SHOCK HEIR TO FORTUNE OF POST-IT INVENTOR!

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2021 8:07 PM

In episode three or four surely somebody will say: I can't believe it's a year (or six months), so Carrie can start dating pronto. The line of men will be long.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2021 8:08 PM

They should've pulled a Betty Broderick. Carrie comes home, finds Big and Samantha in bed together, blows them both to Kingdom Come.

After she's declared not guilty by temporary insanity, defended by a lesbian lawyer played by Meredith Baxter, she rebuilds her life as a notorious UES murderess.

THAT'S a reboot I'd watch.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2021 8:09 PM

[quote]Big would have complained on the atmosphere if he were alive - the stark white, the uncomfortable looking chairs. It was all Carrie.

Despite everything she was giving them a moment or a mood of whatever it was the blathering Stanford was stereotyping at the time.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2021 8:09 PM

John Corbett is returning in the role of Aidan for several episodes. That should be like watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2021 8:09 PM

[quote]There’s actually a very touching scene with Samantha at Carrie’s memorial service, where she says that Carrie was always her best friend, and she aspired to be more like Carrie, even though she never admitted it while Carrie was still here.

I wonder if they're leaking red herrings because the very touching scene (and I saw the script) has Charlotte hosting a scrapbooking party with Miranda and Samantha, where they remember how great Carrie was. Charlotte says: "It's almost like she's here." And Samantha, picks up the glue and says "Oh, honey, she's here all right."

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2021 8:11 PM

Why are you reposting this from the first thread R7, you idiot?

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2021 8:12 PM

If I was Matthew Broderick, I’d be leaving an explicit directive on how I want my memorial service to play out.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2021 8:14 PM

The ridiculous outfits Carrie wore when she was in her 30s was bad enough but to see a woman almost 60 wearing those silly, silly clothes and especially the hats is embarrassing. Also WTF has Kristin Davis done to herself? She looks horrible. You would think with all the money these celebs have they could find a decent doctor.

There is just so much Carrie grief they can show without it being a joke. She's healthy and was left very wealthy I'm sure. She had some good years with the love of her life. She will be able to get a very good paying job even at her age so I say STFU Carrie and count your blessings. Also it seems in the NYC of these women Covid is completely over instead of the surge after surge that has been and is the reality.

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2021 8:24 PM

[quote] You would think with all the money these celebs have they could find a decent doctor.

I certainly did! Call me for a referral, ladies!

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2021 8:29 PM

R4 I agree, breaking them up would have been really frustrating and re-treading old ground.

This gives Carrie a new start as an older woman without destroying so much of what the viewers invested in.

Will they cause any friction with Charlotte's marriage or will it be Miranda's destroyed again?

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2021 8:30 PM

Agree R4. They should have killed off Big with Covid and started the series a year after his death.

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2021 8:33 PM

Kim Cattrall was the most two-dimensional character and unrealistic of the four

The rest of them wouldn't tolerate her herpetic man-stealin ways for too long

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2021 8:34 PM

I thought Sam was the most honest, non-judgmental of them and she would never sleep with her friends' husbands. She was a slut with a code of honor.

I started rewatching the original and damn Noth was hot that first season.

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2021 8:39 PM

Does ANYONE look at Sara Ramirez and "puzzle" what she is? She pings "butch lady" to me. Nice try, Che.

If anything, I think Charlotte would've drifted away. She'd meet for lunch occasionally, but I can't think she'd still be tight with the group. She'd be busy with 1001 mom activities, parent councils, society events, etc.

The few scenes of Carrie and Big make it clear why he had to be killed off. Happily Ever After is the end of the story for a reason, because what comes after IS BORING.

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2021 8:40 PM

I'm absolutely baffled by how ridiculously Miranda is written in this. She was always the level headed one. Or am I misremembering? Her string of gaffes with her professor are completely out of character. It's like she was cryogenically frozen for the past 15 years. She's not stupid.

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2021 8:44 PM

Have Cynthia and Rojo Caliente invited Sara Ramirez over for a play date?

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2021 8:52 PM

Poor Steve is in his 50's - why are they writing him like he is in his late 70's with the hearing loss and shouting?

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2021 8:56 PM

R22 easier for Miranda to leave him for Che.

Evan Handler looks unwell. Will they all be widows by season 2?

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2021 9:02 PM

That's what I said in the first thread, R20. After a single, solitary gaffe, Miranda would figure it out - she'd research, she'd ask younger people. That said, I'd never expect her to have to do that. She'd be aware at the evolution of social interactions.

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2021 9:04 PM

These three women have aged, but they haven’t grown as people.

Like R20, I’m baffled by Miranda who seems to have regressed in character.

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2021 9:07 PM

So many people posting themselves crying over Big’s Death on social media. The earth is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 26December 11, 2021 9:07 PM

Evan Handler looked awful. Kristin Davis doesn't look as bad as expected--she didn't get an "always smiling" or "eternal surprise" facelift.

The business about Miranda's gray hair would be more credible if her hair actually looked gray rather than some dyed variation on gray.

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2021 9:08 PM

Steve should have stayed with Debbie. She was a nice girl from the outer boroughs and a stone hottie.

by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2021 9:20 PM

Or if it didn’t look completely like a wig, r27.

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2021 9:23 PM

Kristin Davis said during promotional interviews that her performance is a kabuki-based tribute to Katherine Helmond in "Brazil"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2021 9:25 PM

Apparently Carrie has a flashback to the first time they met, they were both good lookers back in 98 too.

If they had just done a few brief cut-away scenes of Carrie rushing for his pills and a brief shot of Carrie's phone with a 911 operator on the line it would have been so much better. Then they could have showed him dying in her arms and lost none of the emotional punch at all.

by Anonymousreply 31December 11, 2021 10:09 PM

They should just have Steve as impotent.

by Anonymousreply 32December 11, 2021 10:10 PM

I think by the end of season one all three will be single. Charlotte will catch her husband having an affair. Miranda comes out as lesbian, dumps Steve, and then gets rejected by Che (not wanting to ruin their friendship).

by Anonymousreply 33December 11, 2021 10:24 PM

And you gays wonder how fraus find DL...

by Anonymousreply 34December 11, 2021 10:27 PM

R33 Harry would never cheat on Charlotte. Never.

by Anonymousreply 35December 11, 2021 10:31 PM

Harry looks like he'll drop dead before he'd cheat. Some sort of Miranda--Che coupling seems plausible.

by Anonymousreply 36December 11, 2021 10:33 PM

R33 why are you blocked for me?

I don't see why Harry wouldn't cheat, he must be emasculated. Kristin deserves something meaty to play with. She shone in her more serious episodes such as breaking up with Trey, admitting she was lonely in s5, begging Harry to give her another chance, her miscarriage.

I can see Miranda telling Steve she's fallen in love with Che (or someone else) but not physically cheating on him.

by Anonymousreply 37December 11, 2021 10:40 PM

How can an intelligent woman like Cynthia not object to such bad writing and not recommend adjustments?

Did the episodes address if Carrie is still publishing books or did they say it's gone down the shitter?

by Anonymousreply 38December 11, 2021 10:49 PM

Cynthia's not intelligent. She's just intelligent for an actress.

by Anonymousreply 39December 11, 2021 10:50 PM

So it says Brenda Vaccaro is in all the other 9 episodes? Was she secretly Big's mother?

Don't care, glad she's working still

by Anonymousreply 40December 11, 2021 10:54 PM

Hopefully, Vaccaro's story arc will be more interesting than what we've seen so far.

by Anonymousreply 41December 11, 2021 11:14 PM

Miranda's storyline will be all about Chablis and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2021 11:16 PM

I don't buy that Big was broke, we aren't in a recession and he was a smart guy

by Anonymousreply 43December 11, 2021 11:18 PM

People in their 50s don’t lose their hearing? I swear some of you are deluded. I thought you were all “educated”.

by Anonymousreply 44December 11, 2021 11:19 PM

Stop saying Brenda Vaccaro as if she’s a big star and household name. Say Gloria.

by Anonymousreply 45December 11, 2021 11:20 PM

I'm wearing my oversized flower whilst binge-watching "And Just Like That" with bottomless cupcakes-n-Cosmos - and I'm having the time of my life!

by Anonymousreply 46December 11, 2021 11:25 PM

R44 Of course, people of any age can have hearing loss. But they have poor Steve portrayed like an invalid. "WHAT? WHO? HUH? WHAT?!" He's not 80.

by Anonymousreply 47December 11, 2021 11:27 PM

R47 but he can’t hear….

by Anonymousreply 48December 11, 2021 11:28 PM

R48 He's not deaf. He has hearing aids. Someone with mild hearing loss might have trouble in certain environments or ask people to repeat themselves, but they're portraying him like a screaming idiot.

by Anonymousreply 49December 11, 2021 11:32 PM

I won't be surprised if it is revealed that Big was cheating on Carrie with more than one woman throughout their marriage. I do expect there to be some money troubles but in the end Carrie will be well taken care of and happy to be back in her old apartment.

Anybody else think Big was probably cheating and maybe even has a kid. or would that be too tacky?

by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2021 11:34 PM

R49 40% in one ear, 60% in the other. Hearing aids don’t give you all your hearing back. On top of that, he doesn’t keep them in at all times. No one does.

by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2021 11:35 PM

I hope they don’t go with money troubles. The first time around it was ridiculous how Carrie lived and spent on a columnist’s salary.

As for Samantha, I personally didn’t like her any more or less than the others. None of the were particularly likable.

I haven’t watched, but it sounds like they are trying address every criticism they received from diversity to aging. That’s why it’s going to suck.

by Anonymousreply 52December 11, 2021 11:40 PM

I would have pulled those damn flowers from Sam off the coffin and stomped them with my Manolos. I don’t care why they had a fallout, but when your former best friend experiences a traumatic loss, you get your ass on the plane or pick up the phone and call.

I understand they were trying to be respectful to Kim with their storyline, but even though I like Cattrall, it’s hard not to see that she’s been an unprofessional asshole. You don’t want to film SATC project? Fine, but be gracious about it and shut up. I don’t want to hear that SJP was never your friend, I don’t want to read out stupid outbursts on social media, and there’s no need to badmouth a show that has earned her a nice cushion to retire on.

I’ve had terrible jobs in the past, but I would never badmouth my former colleagues on social media. And just like that, you grow the hell up and move on.

by Anonymousreply 53December 11, 2021 11:46 PM

I loved Samantha but I didn’t miss her in the first two episodes. It’s a new series with new characters and, so far, I’m liking it.

by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2021 11:52 PM

r53 I suggest you go back and read the whole thing from the beginning. Cattrall said those things in response to those harassing her about why she did not want to come back. They were not taking no for an answer, after a certain point I can imagine one can get angry and just let loose all the things there were being polite by not saying.

Why couldn't Kim just say no and have SJP and the production leave it at that? Imagine saying no to something and having a group of people harass you about your decision.

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2021 11:55 PM

R55, Kim informed the entire planet of the fact that SJP was never her friend after her brother died. Nobody had put her on blast and she could have just kept her mouth shut. Since then she has wasted no time and expressed her disdain for SJP and the show on multiple occasions. There’s no need for a 60+ year old professional woman to act like an asshole.

Who cares that they weren’t friends? They were colleagues, and that’s all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2021 11:59 PM

They found a new actor to play Brady because they wanted someone older to play him. Even though he’s 17, they cast this actor, who is 27.

The original kid is now 18 (but was 17 while a lot of the filming happened).

by Anonymousreply 57December 12, 2021 12:01 AM

[quote]The original kid is now 18 (but was 17 while a lot of the filming happened).

The original kid did not age well - just another example of a cute kid who did not become a good looking adult.

by Anonymousreply 58December 12, 2021 12:04 AM

Also it’s very common to recast small children in reboots, and fudge the ages a bit.

by Anonymousreply 59December 12, 2021 12:05 AM

R58 this guy isn’t cute either

by Anonymousreply 60December 12, 2021 12:09 AM

He’s really no worse looking than the guy they cast now. Only shorter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 12, 2021 12:11 AM

Wrong r56 it's how SJP handled the death of Kim's brother the made Kim go off. There was a long thread here about it. Kim asked for privacy and SJP would not just fall the fuck back and wait for a better time.

by Anonymousreply 62December 12, 2021 12:16 AM

I remember from either the original SATC or one of the movies that when Big didn't go through with their wedding Carrie's friends had to take care of her like she was an infant. One of them, I think Sam, even had to feed her and they had to stay with her. Now again she has to have someone sleeping there with her every night. It's disgusting. Women lose their husbands all the time and they don't have zillions of dollars left to them or a big salary job to go back to or an apartment that is clearly worth millions to live in or sell to add to all the money Big will most likely leave her, not to mention she can probably keep his business going if she wants. I just really can't stand Carrie being such a needy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 63December 12, 2021 12:22 AM

Oh please. R67. Kim Cattrall did not ask for privacy until after SJP had extended her sympathies. Frankly, Kim Cattrall was an ungracious cunt. And the fact that none of her costars has spoken up in support of her should tell you what you need to know. Just because you identify with unlikable, hateful bitches doesn't mean the rest of us are buying the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 64December 12, 2021 12:24 AM

R62, you can continue to fangirl all you want. Fact is that there’s a way to conduct yourself when you’re a public figure, and Cattrall should have known better at her age. SJP did what any decent person would do and what was expected of her, given that they were on a very successful show for many years. Nobody cares about friendship here, this is about acting like an adult. And Cattrall looks like an asshole now, while the rest of the crew conducted themselves in a professional manner.

by Anonymousreply 65December 12, 2021 12:30 AM

Carrie could have been nicer.

by Anonymousreply 66December 12, 2021 12:32 AM

Sure, everyone should have the right to harass their co workers when lots of money is involved.

Kim's co stars are not in the right because they agree with each other and Kim is the outlier. They have something to gain by sticking together, their opinions and feelings are no more valid than Kim's.

by Anonymousreply 67December 12, 2021 12:35 AM

R67, there’s only one cast member airing dirty laundry and that’s Cattrall. Everybody else has shown some dignity and professionalism by doing their job and keeping their mouths shut.

Nobody cares about Kim’s feelings. None of this should be personal, it’s just a job.

by Anonymousreply 68December 12, 2021 1:03 AM

She said no, they wouldn't take no for an answer, they were harassing her. She asked them to stop, they kept trying to approach her in different ways. She kept saying no and they are the ones that let the press know Kim was holding up production with her refusals.

There were many articles about SATC coming back, then not coming back, then maybe coming back. . . But Kim Cattrall was holding it up, she wouldn't commit. Then it was dead in the water, it absolutely was not happening because they could not resolve the Kim problem. This went on over a couple of years. Kim had every right to air the dirty laundry. They were making it seem like she was keeping a lot of people from making a living with her refusal. Kim had no right to make her own decision from how the others were painting the picture.

You want to take sides with the 3 cunts, great. I'm putting you on ignore, this is a thread about the show, there is another thread if you want to talk shit about KC.

by Anonymousreply 69December 12, 2021 1:17 AM

Kim Cattrall made her millions BECAUSE of Sex and the City, produced by Sarah Jessica Parker

An acting job filming in Manhattan on a big-budget HBO series with an already built-in rabid fanbase that you work on for a few months that pays millions for decades is a once in a lifetime opportunity

by Anonymousreply 70December 12, 2021 1:23 AM

[quote] I thought Sam was the most honest, non-judgmental of them and she would never sleep with her friends' husbands. She was a slut with a code of honor.

Tell that to Sandy Cranwell!

[quote] I remember from either the original SATC or one of the movies that when Big didn't go through with their wedding Carrie's friends had to take care of her like she was an infant. One of them, I think Sam, even had to feed her and they had to stay with her. Now again she has to have someone sleeping there with her every night.

Lol! I thought the same thing. Here we go again, sleeping all day. Who is going to spoon feed this bitch yogurt?

by Anonymousreply 71December 12, 2021 1:26 AM

She isn’t sleeping all day though. This time she can’t sleep.

by Anonymousreply 72December 12, 2021 1:28 AM

And Just LIke That. . . is the re framing.

Instead of Carrie musing on sex lives her focus will be aging and the things we lose or come to realize that can change everything for us. . . just like that.

by Anonymousreply 73December 12, 2021 1:32 AM

I love the way Miranda allows her teenaged son to fuck his girlfriend in the house, but freaks the fuck out over him smoking weed at the funeral. Maybe the booze has pickled her brain.

by Anonymousreply 74December 12, 2021 1:34 AM

It speaks volumes that there's now more talk/debate about the actress who's not in the show than the highly paid actors who did appear in these episodes

by Anonymousreply 75December 12, 2021 1:38 AM

R64 R70 STFO

R67 R68 Well said. Kim said many times there was no interest from her and she wished them all well.

The others not sticking up for her doesn't mean shit. The is an article from the 2000s with lots of Kim's co-star saying what a great lady she was.

She expressed clearly she didn't love that job and was more interested in doing new roles instead of re-hashing Samantha. We all know the main three did this series for the money and the viability, not love for the show.

Plus Kim should have won the Emmy at least twice and was robbed.

by Anonymousreply 76December 12, 2021 1:39 AM

Sorry I meant R67 and R69

I have R68 blocked for some reason

by Anonymousreply 77December 12, 2021 1:42 AM

Oh now I see why. Kim didn't air her feelings til she was pushed to it R68 you turd

by Anonymousreply 78December 12, 2021 1:44 AM

Didn't Kristen Davis, Willy Garson, and SJP try to guilt KC into the 3rd SATC movie. I remember something about Kristen Davis posting about a "lovely, beautifully told closing chapter that will now never be told" or something like that. They ganged up on her to do the movie.

by Anonymousreply 79December 12, 2021 1:51 AM

Yes, they blamed Kim for there not being a 3rd movie, when the truth was that no one wanted to spend the money to make that movie

by Anonymousreply 80December 12, 2021 1:55 AM

R76 Did you write this using Mad Libs?

by Anonymousreply 81December 12, 2021 2:04 AM

Let's talk about the memorable moments in Kim's career that didn't involve Sex and the City......

by Anonymousreply 82December 12, 2021 2:06 AM

R76 What is the O in STFO?

by Anonymousreply 83December 12, 2021 2:08 AM

Willy Garson made some foul cunty comments about Kim on social media. I'm so glad she's thriving now.

by Anonymousreply 84December 12, 2021 2:09 AM

R81 what is a mad lib?

I remember it was SJP who bleeted about the gorgeous script for movie 3 they would never get to share with the fans. Like she was doing it for the audience.

Willie and the actor who played Smith chimed in too.

Soneone smarter than me pointed here out at the time there was no way the movie was "days from filming" if Kim hadn't signed a contract. They lied.

by Anonymousreply 85December 12, 2021 2:10 AM

Kim is thriving and living life to the fullest choosing work with vital material that isn't beneath and overall living her best life

Kim is a vision and an inspiration and I feel like a better person because I know of Kim Cattrall

I'm so happy and thrilled she is beyond "And Just Like That" and taking us along on her journey of life.

Kim's journey is OUR JOURNEY.

We're in your corner. We' have drank the Kim Cattrall flavored Kool Aid. And we're dying for more....

by Anonymousreply 86December 12, 2021 2:13 AM

R85 More Mad Libs

by Anonymousreply 87December 12, 2021 2:14 AM

Kim kept the first film from happening for a while also. It was originally supposed to happen a year after the show ended. She kept it from being made for over 3 years, with it coming out over 4 years after the show ended.

by Anonymousreply 88December 12, 2021 2:14 AM

R76 R85 Desperately needs someone to talk to

by Anonymousreply 89December 12, 2021 2:15 AM

R87 are you the weirdo who stalked me on the previous thread? I don't know why you take exception to what I said.

Willie Garson's 2017 tweet:", “Dear fans, because I’m “toxic” I’m going to negotiate a contract for six months, not come to terms, then say I never wanted to do it anyway.”

by Anonymousreply 90December 12, 2021 2:17 AM

FUCK KIM CATTRALL!

by Anonymousreply 91December 12, 2021 2:17 AM

Most people would agree that Kim should have kept both movies from ever happening after the show ended

by Anonymousreply 92December 12, 2021 2:17 AM

No means NO!!

by Anonymousreply 93December 12, 2021 2:23 AM

Kim’s brother committed suicide shorty before the social media issues with SJP began. That could be the reason she lashed out

In any event, she should be allowed her own decision

by Anonymousreply 94December 12, 2021 2:25 AM

[quote] I don’t care why they had a fallout, but when your former best friend experiences a traumatic loss, you get your ass on the plane or pick up the phone and call.

No. Some things are unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 95December 12, 2021 2:27 AM

Kim kept the first movie from happening because they wouldn’t pay her what she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 96December 12, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote] Did the episodes address if Carrie is still publishing books or did they say it's gone down the shitter?

How vivid.

by Anonymousreply 97December 12, 2021 2:30 AM

R89 do I honey? I created this thread for all of us to continue our talk about the show. Sorry you disagree with me on my opinions. Feel free.

Can someone comment if they referenced Carrie's career yet? Has she still been writing?

by Anonymousreply 98December 12, 2021 2:36 AM

R87...

by Anonymousreply 99December 12, 2021 2:53 AM

Why couldn't Steve die? Always hated him

by Anonymousreply 100December 12, 2021 4:23 AM

Noth has said in interviews that he’s pretty much done with Big and thinks he should have disappeared after he married Natasha. And he’s right. Nixon is probably doing it out of her friendship with SJP pus the $1 million per episode. Davis and the rest are happy to be working. So I doubt Kim is the only one who’s done with the show but the only one brave enough to move on.

by Anonymousreply 101December 12, 2021 4:35 AM

I can't believe there's so many people invested in Team SJP or Team Kim. Who cares. They didn't make it happen and now we have this new series. It's like people who have an iPhone or Android "identity". SJP or Kim Catrall don't care about you. Apple or Android phone companies don't care about you. Why get upset and double down on supporting one or the other?

by Anonymousreply 102December 12, 2021 4:44 AM

"Let's talk about the memorable moments in Kim's career that didn't involve Sex and the City...... "

Porky's! as the loud fuck.

by Anonymousreply 103December 12, 2021 4:49 AM

Kim was in that vampire movie where she turns guys into vampires by fucking her.

by Anonymousreply 104December 12, 2021 5:41 AM

I think at some point in the negotiations, SJP should have moved on without Kim and the Samantha character. At the end, for both, it's just business. SJP doesn't do this because she loves it so much. It's the most profitable business venture she is attached to.

Channing Tatum dropped Alex Pettyfer and Matthew Mcconaughey after the first one and the franchise still made bank.

SJP could've done the 3rd movie with a few rewrites, moving on without Kim. And the fans would've watched it to find out how Samantha's absence is explained. Which is what is basically happening now in the series.

by Anonymousreply 105December 12, 2021 5:49 AM

[quote] Channing Tatum dropped Alex Pettyfer and Matthew Mcconaughey after the first one and the franchise still made bank.

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm referring to the Magic Mike franchise.

by Anonymousreply 106December 12, 2021 5:50 AM

I actually love the idea that Big and Samantha had an affair. I think the whole KC thing is tiresome on both ends. That would’ve been a great way to write her out.

I totally agree and said the same as Chris Noth. When Big married Natasha it should’ve been the end of his character. This is why SJP clings to this show. She lives out an alternate reality of being the hottest, most desired fashionista that every man wants. I mean really, Big married beautiful Natasha to only cheat on her with Carrie months later?!!

by Anonymousreply 107December 12, 2021 5:52 AM

I’m enjoying the show so far. Though I loved Samantha, the show doesn’t need her. Carrie always has been valid and not too bright, guess hat she still is!

by Anonymousreply 108December 12, 2021 6:04 AM

Just watched the first episode.

Are we supposed to believe that Miranda a high-powered corporate lawyer graduated from Harvard with 30 years experience working in in the most diverse city in world suddenly became a babbling idiot during her class. I know she meant to be the "clueless white Karen" troupe but dumbing the her character was just unnecessary.

And that fat unfunny non-binary creature should not be in this show.

by Anonymousreply 109December 12, 2021 6:43 AM

The dumbing down of Miranda is so frustrating and unfair. They took away Samantha - Miranda is all we have left. As someone who has shamefully seen SATC2 more than once, Miranda was the only one of the four who tired to learn the customs in Abu Dabi, encouraged the girls to learn basic Arabic greetings, and actually represented Samantha is a quasi-Sharia law hotel arrest. She would not be such a fucking dunderhead in front of a black professor. Speaking of, everyone is speculating that Miranda will be with that hideous non-binary thing, but there actually seems to be sexual chemistry between her and the professor. I wonder if that is where the lesbian relationship will come from.

by Anonymousreply 110December 12, 2021 6:55 AM

I think the show could've made good use of the "The White Lotus" treatment where we see Miranda hooking up with an unknown woman in the opening scene (a flash forward), but we don't know who it is, and we are kept guessing who it might be until the season finale. But I doubt SJP would've gone for something like that, making Miranda the center of attention.

by Anonymousreply 111December 12, 2021 7:00 AM

[quote]working in in the most diverse city in world

That would not be New York.

By one metric--the percentage of the population that was not born in the same country as the city--the most diverse city in the world would be Miami.

By yet another metric--the sheer number of other countries represented in the place of birth of the populace--the most diverse city in the world is Toronto.

But by no metric would it be New York.

by Anonymousreply 112December 12, 2021 7:04 AM

You know… I can’t see that good and I won’t usually watch tv with my glasses, but… these bitches look good from far away. Quit studying their pores u cunts.

by Anonymousreply 113December 12, 2021 7:13 AM

Was Stanford always such an obnoxious cunt? Across 2 episodes, I didn't see a single redeeming quality aside from constantly kissing Carrie's ass. "She got dressed for her husband's funeral, she's Jackie Kennedy!" Why would Mario Cantone be with someone so unpleasant and physically unappealing? Naturally, his real life husband is much more attractive.

I can only assume Garson is being written off by checking into an asylum when his husband leaves him.

by Anonymousreply 114December 12, 2021 7:16 AM

Brady..ugh. I very much believe this guy would send Samantha nudes. I'm sure most of us had sex in our parents' house as teenagers (I had plenty) but we TRIED to be discreet. It was like he wanted them to hear. And getting high at the funeral out in the open? At least duck away somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 115December 12, 2021 7:21 AM

“ Also WTF has Kristin Davis done to herself? She looks horrible.”

Aging insecure actresses plus an endless amount of money. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 116December 12, 2021 7:55 AM

[quote] You know… I can’t see that good and I won’t usually watch tv with my glasses, but… these bitches look good from far away.

DOROTHY MICHAELS'S TV DIRECTOR: "Okay, now let's pull way back on her..."

ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: "How far back?"

CAMERAMAN: "How about Cleveland?"

by Anonymousreply 117December 12, 2021 7:55 AM

Who cares about the Kim Cattrall discussion anyway?

The question looming over this reboot was whether Sex and the City could ever work without the Samantha character, and now we have an answer.

The answer is yes, it can.

by Anonymousreply 118December 12, 2021 8:22 AM

I wouldn’t go that far, R118. Sex and the City was a comedy and Samantha provided most of that. While watching some of the heavier scenes in the premiere, you can feel the spots where she would have gone and brought a much needed new energy and sense of humor. The show needs that to balance out it’s more soap opera moments.

by Anonymousreply 119December 12, 2021 8:42 AM

Seems like Carrie will end up dating the good looking producer of the podcast. (There was a shot of him laughing during the podcast taping).

by Anonymousreply 120December 12, 2021 8:58 AM

Having digested it, it is what it is. I have no problem with the idea that Samantha had moved on from these women. I wish it had been written less vindictively, as she would never have used Carrie, or anyone, as an ATM. Does anyone else remember she wanted to buy her own ring for herself, not let someone else do it?

They could have had her traveling the world, no animosity, just an occasional well-timed texted quip or observation from “Samantha.”

I hope they shake up Charlotte’s fairy tale a bit. Or a lot.

I never believed Big would marry Carrie. I would love the dark humor if they ultimately reveal that she’s been living in a total delusional fantasy and he was actually married to Natasha the whole time, but obviously that won’t happen.

Miranda … eh. I wouldn’t see her and Steve actually lasting. If they keep them together, I’d like to see her actually engaging with her family, not just reacting to them.

by Anonymousreply 121December 12, 2021 9:13 AM

By offing Big so early on they really missed out on some potentially interesting storylines such as the impact of being childless in middle age and the changing sexual/emotional nature of couples with no family. Although that sort of thing would run against the "fabulous life" of Carrie angle they are continually flogging.

by Anonymousreply 122December 12, 2021 9:25 AM

by Anonymousreply 123December 12, 2021 9:31 AM

R114: yeah I don’t remember Stanford being so awful in the TV show. He had his moments (introducing Marcus smugly to Anthony) but nothing as bad as the way he acted towards Big’s secretary. It’s like they’re getting us ready to not give a shit when he suddenly disappears.

by Anonymousreply 124December 12, 2021 9:55 AM

[quote]It’s like they’re getting us ready to not give a shit when he suddenly disappears.

I can't imagine that the writers or producers would decide to make a dying man act like a real shit in the series so that when he kicked off in real life, no one would care that he died.

by Anonymousreply 125December 12, 2021 10:35 AM

[quote] By yet another metric--the sheer number of other countries represented in the place of birth of the populace--the most diverse city in the world is Toronto.

Yes, what an interesting city Toronto is. A very long time ago there was a final Jeopardy answer: The North American city with the largest Italian-American population. Naturally everyone said NYC but it was Toronto - those tricksters. When I belatedly learned of the Armenian genocide I also learned there is a large Armenian population there as well.

by Anonymousreply 126December 12, 2021 12:09 PM

R98 Lonely honey thinks copying and pasting some weird Kim Cattrall cheerleading thread is contributing vital dialogue to society

by Anonymousreply 127December 12, 2021 12:38 PM

A third movie would never be made without all four of the women onboard. Too much money at stake. A tv series, yes. A movie, no.

by Anonymousreply 128December 12, 2021 12:49 PM

Precisely R128

The cast should thank Catrall, if they really wanted to revisit their characters.

But I'm guessing they would all have preferred a quick movie shoot with lots of cash.

by Anonymousreply 129December 12, 2021 12:56 PM

R118: And the answer is that the show has survived, except its basically "a very special episode of Blossom" in menopause.

by Anonymousreply 130December 12, 2021 1:04 PM

Charlotte's younger daughter will be a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 131December 12, 2021 1:24 PM

So far they've given Steve and Harry very little airtime. They've made Steve a senile, deaf old man and Harry is just there.

by Anonymousreply 132December 12, 2021 1:27 PM

r131

I'm sure she will be non binary

by Anonymousreply 133December 12, 2021 1:27 PM

[quote]Yes, what an interesting city Toronto is.

It really isn't. Buffalo's roads, LA's traffic, New York/London/Paris' prices, Denver's culture, and with the city government that could be a black comedy on HBO. It is interesting only so far as it is fascinating how so much mediocrity can result in such a colossal fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 134December 12, 2021 1:42 PM

This may have been posted. I think it explains alot about the show, the set, the culture and the "creative" process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 12, 2021 1:45 PM

Out of curiosity I have started rewatching the show from the beginning. I am really enjoying it.

When Darren Star was the last word, it was a really distinct show. Much different than the fab fest it became. You can see why women were attracted to it in the beginning and why more women glommed on when it turned into gay men playing Barbies.

I have a lot of like for Carrie, except when it comes to men because the only important (?) flaw I see through the whole thing was the failure to explore Carrie's neediness in a way or to an extent that makes you forgive her for being so awful so much of the time because you understand her to a degree you can empathize. We knew what she wanted - a (specific) boyfriend who would become a husband - but we never knew why she was so needy about it. She was basically Charlotte with one liners in the early going and then Charlotte became the whiny, needy girl who wanted a husband and we were told how fabulous Carrie was rather than being shown it, while her neediness morphed into shallowness driven by neediness. In the start she wanted love, in the end she wanted love and shoes.

Shows always change (read: get ruined) when original team members depart, because the original vision gets replaced by the need of the new show runners to make their mark/satisfy their egoes/make it bigger, better, faster, more lucrative. So time my mind Star gets credit for putting something up there was real and different and the powers that be that can take credit for making a lot of money and the thick skin they needed to put up with the reviews. It's classic PT Barnum after Star left.

by Anonymousreply 136December 12, 2021 2:21 PM

I wonder how many old characters will get recycled through the new series. If they've picked obscurities like Bitsy and Susan Sharon, you can imagine all the oddities they'll bring back, esp. if they are cheap and add some nostalgia factor to the show.

by Anonymousreply 137December 12, 2021 2:34 PM

Stanford won't be missed.

by Anonymousreply 138December 12, 2021 2:39 PM

I wonder if they killed off Bobby Fine because Nathan Lane was smart enough to know not to be associated with this steaming pile.

by Anonymousreply 139December 12, 2021 2:45 PM

I'd like to see a ghost of boyfriends past episode done with all of Carrie's bfs discussing what they really felt about Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 140December 12, 2021 2:48 PM

The actor they got to portray him is odd looking, R58 and the original actor's 27 and I dimly recall it was implied he was in his late teens in the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 141December 12, 2021 2:53 PM

David Eigenberg (Steve) is committed to another tv series so we won’t be seeing much of him. The filming schedule was all over the place working around schedules plus they knew Willie was ill.

by Anonymousreply 142December 12, 2021 3:07 PM

It occurred to me that they could have just recast Samantha. Would that have been too weird?

by Anonymousreply 143December 12, 2021 3:19 PM

Too weird R143.

by Anonymousreply 144December 12, 2021 4:14 PM

Megan McCain would have been a brilliant recast for Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 145December 12, 2021 4:24 PM

R120-Why would a hottie half Carrie's age want to fuck that dried up old pussy?

by Anonymousreply 146December 12, 2021 4:31 PM

The laughing producer was cute.

by Anonymousreply 147December 12, 2021 4:33 PM

R122, agreed. They should’ve established the world, updated who/where everyone is, added the other characters and killed Big in the last episode of the season.

by Anonymousreply 148December 12, 2021 4:40 PM

No one is seen from the front from the waist down, I should say.

by Anonymousreply 149December 12, 2021 4:54 PM

Oops, wrong thread. But no one, thank God, is seen from the front in AJLT either. Mercifully.

by Anonymousreply 150December 12, 2021 4:56 PM

Even Kim thought they should have just recast Samantha. Sharon Stone would have been good.

Or, they could have just not done this unnecessary…thing.

by Anonymousreply 151December 12, 2021 5:12 PM

[quote] They should’ve established the world, updated who/where everyone is, added the other characters and killed Big in the last episode of the season.

I'm pretty sure Chris Noth was unwilling to do that many episodes.

They only got him back at all for closure on his story by giving him a hefty paycheck and only asking him to do one episode.

by Anonymousreply 152December 12, 2021 5:17 PM

That scene where SJP was in the podcast booth tried way too fucking hard at being relevant.

by Anonymousreply 153December 12, 2021 5:41 PM

R112 Apart from the Haitians and Cubans, Miami is not that diverse.

NYC has the most international residents (not just those from various Latin American shitholes) . People from ALL over the world, not just Spanish speaking folks.

To compare NYC to Miami is delusional.

But as an aside, glad your family made it out of Cuba and I hope they stole whatever they could to bring on their trip to Florida.

by Anonymousreply 154December 12, 2021 5:43 PM

Sharon Stone would have been a great Samantha and seemed open to doing it, but no way SJP would let that kind of starpower into her remake. She was threatened enough by Kim.

by Anonymousreply 155December 12, 2021 5:55 PM

Kim is Samantha to me. I'm glad they didn't recast. Someone said Willie Garson's death made her regret not being involved so my optimistic side sees a half open door for a return. There's a lot of interest online anyway so there might be another season or two? If they can do three seasons of Divorce they can do 3 seasons of this.

by Anonymousreply 156December 12, 2021 5:57 PM

If they offer Kim a dump truck full of money and an executive producer credit, they might get her back for Season 2. It would be a clever way to hype up interest in the second season, when the newness of seeing the other characters has worn off.

by Anonymousreply 157December 12, 2021 6:01 PM

Miami's representation in its population of Caribbean peoples was precisely why I also pointed out Toronto is actually mroe diverse than NYC for the number of different countries represented. Toronto is the most diverse city in the world from that perspective--New York is not.

Yet you chose to ignore that inconvenient fact so as to make a cheap, snarky remark that does not apply since I am not Cuban nor from Miami.

by Anonymousreply 158December 12, 2021 6:02 PM

Maybe Kim would return if she had a separate storyline set in London and didn’t have to interact with the rest.

by Anonymousreply 159December 12, 2021 6:03 PM

R157 Davis and Nixon have Executive Producer credits in this iteration.

by Anonymousreply 160December 12, 2021 6:07 PM

[quote] By offing Big so early on they really missed out on some potentially interesting storylines such as the impact of being childless in middle age and the changing sexual/emotional nature of couples with no family. Although that sort of thing would run against the "fabulous life" of Carrie angle they are continually flogging.

This was overtly explored in the movie SATC2. In the film, I believe at Stanford's wedding, a couple ask Big & Carrie about children. Carrie starts blathering on about her reasons. I read in a film analysis that this question from the couple planted a cornel dissatisfaction for Carrie, leading her to want to go out more with Big, return back to her old apartment, and led her to take that awful trip to the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 161December 12, 2021 6:09 PM

I meant covertly explored.

by Anonymousreply 162December 12, 2021 6:10 PM

Carrie was always on the fence about kids and Big never seemed interested in them at all. They married when Carrie was 40 and Big was 50--was anybody really expecting children?

by Anonymousreply 163December 12, 2021 6:13 PM

Big was characterized as one of those men who is a fantastic cool uncle but has zero interest in having kids himself.

by Anonymousreply 164December 12, 2021 6:14 PM

A second for Girls HBO appreciation. Eiljah was a more complex and nuanced character than Stanford. Stanford walked so Eiljah could run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 12, 2021 6:15 PM

Carried was on the fence about babies with Petrovski (sp?). At the end of season 6, Carrie was 38 and she had that do or die conversation with herself. I think she even babysat Brady (dressed in a ridiculous outfit of "vintage Vuitton" as she strolled him along) to see if she had the mothering gene while Steve & Miranda were on their weekend honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 166December 12, 2021 6:17 PM

They do need an episode where Ari Seth Cohen takes a few snaps of Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte on the sidewalks of Manhattan and demands they all appear in his newest edition of Advanced Style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 12, 2021 6:21 PM

R167 if my grandma dressed my inheritance away like that I'd have her put in a home and get power of attorney.

by Anonymousreply 168December 12, 2021 6:24 PM

R155 Fuckin star power hah? When’s the last time that ridiculous old witch even got a part at all?

by Anonymousreply 169December 12, 2021 6:29 PM

R160 When you mentioned Davis and Nixon, I got scared and thought Nancy Davis and Pat Nixon had something to do with this.

by Anonymousreply 170December 12, 2021 6:30 PM

That Vanity Fair puff piece is such BS: "Chris sacrificed the role so SJP could have something meaty to play? He was OVER IT. The storyline is a love letter to Samantha? She's a vindictive cunt who who ghosted her friends and left the country over wounded pride. What a love letter!"

by Anonymousreply 171December 12, 2021 6:46 PM

Chris Noth walked so that SJP could run...

by Anonymousreply 172December 12, 2021 6:50 PM

Why not recast a Stanford? Willie Garson is not a Kim Cattrall-level irreplaceable. Or is he?

by Anonymousreply 173December 12, 2021 6:54 PM

LOL - Chris Noth heroically dove on the sword to give SJP the chance to give life to this beautiful, touching, heartfelt story. He said, I'll die only if SJP promises to make Carrie live on forever.

Also in the article was a reversal of Samantha never coming back in previous articles to "she wasn't in my direct consciousness".

by Anonymousreply 174December 12, 2021 6:55 PM

R173 are there any other actors that completely physically unappealing?

by Anonymousreply 175December 12, 2021 6:57 PM

R145 "Samantha, you're no fun anymore, you're always shrieking at the top of your lungs, and you've put on...a few pounds. We're worried"

by Anonymousreply 176December 12, 2021 6:59 PM

Did the new costume designer study with Iris Apfel?

by Anonymousreply 177December 12, 2021 6:59 PM

Given that Samantha had history of breast cancer, they could've just made her cancer come back, she died, have everybody reminisce fondly about her during some get together, close the door on that storyline and move on within the first 5-10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 178December 12, 2021 7:00 PM

Or, they could have treated Samantha's absence in the same way my family does when they fall out with someone; act as if they never existed.

by Anonymousreply 179December 12, 2021 7:08 PM

Carrie having a child was the only way they could evolve the series. Since SJP can’t live without the character, they could’ve focused on her raising a kid alone.

by Anonymousreply 180December 12, 2021 7:13 PM

Che will mount one of the swine

by Anonymousreply 181December 12, 2021 7:16 PM

I like the idea of Carrie snapping and becoming a serial killer. How do we know Samantha ever made it to London?! Carrie could've easily sent those flowers and the card to herself.

"And just like that.....Big died. 😊" 👀

by Anonymousreply 182December 12, 2021 7:19 PM

Sara Ramirez really said with a straight face that she likes confusing people as to her gender. I admit some people are truly ambiguous looking, but so many of the "assigned female" enbies need to clean their mirrors. They look like classic butch dykes. No one would think they might've been born with dicks.

by Anonymousreply 183December 12, 2021 7:27 PM

The average audience score is at a woeful 34 percent.

by Anonymousreply 184December 12, 2021 7:28 PM

But what does that even mean? I didn't think it was that good and would have gave it a low score if asked to rate it, but I'll still watch to see where it goes.

by Anonymousreply 185December 12, 2021 7:31 PM

While I do think KC was over it but she's no dummy, she may have felt it there was no way it wasn't going to tank and in that case didn't want to waste her time. Best to seek out other opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 186December 12, 2021 8:00 PM

I couldn't believe Miranda brought a whole bottle of wine in her bag to a children's recital. And how could her fellow students not have noticed the alcohol on her breath at 11 am?

Susan Sharon's comment at the funeral about how badly Big had treated Carrie was foreshadowing some future revelation, I think.

by Anonymousreply 187December 12, 2021 8:03 PM

[quote]I read in a film analysis that this question from the couple planted a cornel dissatisfaction

Do you mean a kernel of dissatisfaction, R161?

by Anonymousreply 188December 12, 2021 8:06 PM

Big probably had a second family, a wife, kids, a dog... And who'd blame him?

by Anonymousreply 189December 12, 2021 8:07 PM

If Big could have gotten any words out you would think he would have said, "Call 911 you stupid fucking cunt."

by Anonymousreply 190December 12, 2021 8:10 PM

He did, turn on your CC.

by Anonymousreply 191December 12, 2021 8:14 PM

It would be an interesting twist if Carrie was pregnant but didn't know it when Big died.

by Anonymousreply 192December 12, 2021 8:15 PM

It's hard to believe a man like Big wouldn't marry without a prenup. Carrie should know exactly what she's getting in the case of his death or divorce.

They could go full soap and have an unknown love child show up and sue for part of his estate.

by Anonymousreply 193December 12, 2021 8:16 PM

Maybe Big was running a Bernie Madoff-type Ponzi scheme and his investors are owed millions of dollars with nothing left in his estate.

by Anonymousreply 194December 12, 2021 8:19 PM

What was your opinion of the scene where Carrie wants to watch Big masturbate? I found it sort of ridiculous and not hot, but I'm gay, so there's that. And they weren't showing much. Not that I expected to see dick. But they didn't even have him stroking hard or for that long, breathing hard or anything, before he laughs with Carrie and they fall into each others arms. I know it was part of her Podcast research, but since they asked her about her own masturbation, wouldn't her masturbating be more fitting?

by Anonymousreply 195December 12, 2021 8:20 PM

If Carrie is pregnant, call the National Enquirer. Her eggs are dried up.

by Anonymousreply 196December 12, 2021 8:24 PM

Hard to say which scenes were the most cringy, but Big's masturbation scene is right up there.

by Anonymousreply 197December 12, 2021 8:29 PM

Big's masturbation scene made me think Cattrall was wise to run the other direction. Imagine what they would have thought of for Samantha? Though I would love to hear MPK through pursed lips and pissiness explain why people just don't get how funny that scene is!

by Anonymousreply 198December 12, 2021 8:31 PM

I wonder if there wasn't a little hostility towards Chris Noth with that plot development: he jerks off and then he dies like an idiot when he overdoes his workout.

by Anonymousreply 199December 12, 2021 8:32 PM

Steve's voice is worse than ever. He talks like an indulgent Mommy's boy from Staten Island.

by Anonymousreply 200December 12, 2021 8:46 PM

Can someone explain or remind me who that weird blond lady was yelling at Carrie at the funeral?

by Anonymousreply 201December 12, 2021 8:47 PM

Just got around to watching the 2 episodes. I was able to avoid a lot of the discussions but the Big death was everywhere so I, of course, knew about that.

I don’t buy how they explained Samantha’s absence. Samantha was always an EXTREMELY LOYAL FRIEND and would not just “fire” Carrie as her friend when Carrie no longer needed a publicist. Carrie saying Sam treated her an an ATM was also off. Sam had enough money to buy an sell a pre-Big Carrie many times over. She would have been able to buy that diamond ring for herself in movie # 1 if Smith hadn’t swooped in.

Sara Ramirez needs to go away, immediately. Hopefully, Karen Pittman , Brenda Vaccaro, and the yet-to-be-seen Sarita Chouhury will have large roles.

It’s satisfying to point out that MPK is a hack.

by Anonymousreply 202December 12, 2021 8:48 PM

For those who say Carrie should have called 911 - I think the first scene was shown as if in slow motion, which is how she would have experienced it. When you see something unexpected and shocking, it takes a minute or so to spring into action. As for her not phoning when she got to him and realised what had happened, there was no time. He died within seconds.

by Anonymousreply 203December 12, 2021 8:52 PM

I got that too, R203. She did call 911 almost immediately or at least right away after she realized what has happening. They were just trying to show her shock and the wheels spinning.

by Anonymousreply 204December 12, 2021 9:01 PM

R146 The “why” of someone hot wanting Carrie doesn’t exist in this show. And the previews showed them getting together.

by Anonymousreply 205December 12, 2021 9:02 PM

New York has the bloody United Nations! How could it be less diverse than shithole Miami or Toronto!?

by Anonymousreply 206December 12, 2021 9:10 PM

Timothee Chalamet for one R175, but he’s too young to play Stanford.

by Anonymousreply 207December 12, 2021 9:12 PM

If it's OK, R206 - and you may want to get your therapist on the phone before reading this - but New York is an has everything only on an emotional basis for a few people with a disorder.

by Anonymousreply 208December 12, 2021 9:13 PM

An easy, non-petty, non-SJP's ego-driven way out: Samantha moves to London for an incredible job opp (people do it every day), she drifts from her old friends (happens every day), Carrie drops her as her publicist because of the distance. They text and Zoom offscreen occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 209December 12, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote] What does that even mean?

That means only 34% of the audience liked it.

The rest (66%) did not.

by Anonymousreply 210December 12, 2021 9:17 PM

They didn't want an easy way out. They wanted petty meta revenge and wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 211December 12, 2021 9:18 PM

R211 I know. Just makes them look like assholes. Shannen Doherty got more respectful exits

by Anonymousreply 212December 12, 2021 9:20 PM

Just like with the explanations of Catrall's absence, there was a level of revenge toward Noth by making him film his most humiliating scene of the series right before his demanded exit.

by Anonymousreply 213December 12, 2021 9:22 PM

R213 "Yeah but I got paid big bucks for what was probably less than a week's worth. What the fuck do I care?"

by Anonymousreply 214December 12, 2021 9:24 PM

He should have refused.

by Anonymousreply 215December 12, 2021 9:24 PM

Chris Noth has really ugly feet.

by Anonymousreply 216December 12, 2021 9:26 PM

I can see the rewriting of history from a mile away. At the time most wanted her with Big. But since then there has been a lot of criticism about her treatment of Aidan. I can see her ending up with him at the end of this. Wonder what they’ll do about his 3 sons. Carrie as a stepmother would be a sight.

All the diversity talk reminded me of Girls and how they ended up looking even more clueless when they had her and Riz Ahmed somehow have a black baby. Haha

by Anonymousreply 217December 12, 2021 9:26 PM

I started to watch this but couldn't get past the first few minutes. It's like watching my own life wither on the vine.

Carrie dressed to the nines with her wizened face and spackled makeup looks like something out of Death Becomes Her.

by Anonymousreply 218December 12, 2021 9:59 PM

Twinning!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219December 12, 2021 10:03 PM

It would have been much more effective if Samantha had never been mentioned until Carrie saw the flowers at the funeral. Leave the audience guessing as to what happened.

by Anonymousreply 220December 12, 2021 10:07 PM

[quote] "I really missed Samantha."

I didn't watch this because I can't bring myself to care, but Samantha was always my favorite, R3. I had been a Cattrall fan for almost two decades by the time the series initially started. Sarah had been on television and films by that time (obviously, as she was cast in the lead), but was never as entertaining or as endearing as Cattrall.

by Anonymousreply 221December 12, 2021 10:08 PM

They already showed Carrie kept her apartment so don't be surprised if she goes back.

Niall Cunningham who plays Brady also played the married teenager in James Brolin and Diane Wiest show "Life In Pieces" and though he is 27 someone in Hollywood thinks he looks like a horny teenager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 12, 2021 10:14 PM

[quote]An easy, non-petty, non-SJP's ego-driven way out: Samantha moves to London for an incredible job opp (people do it every day), she drifts from her old friends (happens every day), Carrie drops her as her publicist because of the distance. They text and Zoom offscreen occasionally.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

They were best friends. When Big died, Carrie would have called Samantha. Without a shadow of a doubt, it would have been Samantha.

The movies made out Charlotte was Carrie's best friend, but originally it was meant to be Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 223December 12, 2021 10:33 PM

I always thought in the bestie department it was Carrie and Miranda.

by Anonymousreply 224December 12, 2021 10:35 PM

Au contraire, r216. These puppies set the bar by which all others are measured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 12, 2021 10:38 PM

Samantha was Carrie's best friend. Then Miranda, then Charlotte

by Anonymousreply 226December 12, 2021 10:42 PM

Miranda actually seemed to be more the best friend--usually grounded and goal oriented. Charlotte was too much off her own world and the most peripheral of the group. Samantha was too willing to do something wild to be a best friend. Carrie was the reason that the other three knew each other and had any sort of friendship with each other.

KC doesn't have to be saint to come out ahead here. She and SJP do seem to have been less than diplomatic at times, but the writers didn't have to stir the pot. KC doesn't have to be rich or spiteful to not be part of this ridiculous reboot. The writing of Carrie and her wardrobe are enough for throw shame at SJP.

by Anonymousreply 227December 12, 2021 10:48 PM

Just saw both episodes and Sara Ramirez is by far the most off-putting character. I'm not familiar with her work, only what I've read on DL, but I get the feeling this character is not too far off from her real life persona.

She's an almost 50 year old butch lesbian who is acting like some surly teenager who always has to get the last word, and thinks they are far more witty than they really are. It's incredibly childish. Scenes like, "Oh! I'm smoking weed in an elevator cuz I'm a big bitch who doesn't give a shit" at work are ridiculous.

And by her own standards, I would assume telling someone to "step their pussy up" would be grounds for termination in any HR corporate setting.

Miranda is the only character I'm liking at the moment but let's see how they screw that up.

by Anonymousreply 228December 12, 2021 10:52 PM

In the OP's photo it looks like they've escaped from an old fuck's home.

by Anonymousreply 229December 12, 2021 10:53 PM

Cynthia Nixon needs to get a teeth cleaning or whitening. In the restaurant scene at the beginning, her two front teeth looked dull and brown.

by Anonymousreply 230December 12, 2021 10:55 PM

"Samantha was Carrie's best friend. Then Miranda, then Charlotte."

I never got that. I'd say Miranda or Sam and Miranda - as they fulfill different needs and aspects of Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 231December 12, 2021 10:58 PM

That Niall guy does look like he could be MIranda and Steve's kid, though.

by Anonymousreply 232December 12, 2021 10:59 PM

Plus, Carrie was probably Samantha's best friend, because she didn't have that many female friends. But, that doesn't mean that they were reciprocal besties.

by Anonymousreply 233December 12, 2021 10:59 PM

That pic at R225. It's like Kim bribed her stylist. Pretty dress, but cruel from the neck up. Styled by her worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 234December 12, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote]I always thought in the bestie department it was Carrie and Miranda.

Nah, Miranda's neuroticism always surpassed Samantha's hyper-sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 235December 12, 2021 11:12 PM

This got me nostalgic for the old SATC. I'm on the episode where Carrie stalks Big and his mom in church and I'm wondering why he didn't run the opposite direction. Seriously, she's demanding he tell her "she's the one" after dating a few months. That shit scares straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 236December 12, 2021 11:33 PM

R236 I see that all the time on TV, especially in romantic dramas. Characters act in stalkerish ways that would make any love interest in real life run like HELL, but they always find it charming or not a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 237December 12, 2021 11:35 PM

Not only was she a black hole of emotional need around men, but also around her friends. I never bought the idea that Miranda, who probably worked 60+ hour weeks as a partner in a Manhattan law firm would have time to sit and listen to the conversations of the type: "Oh, he sent me a box with an odd number of chocolates - does it mean that he doesn't like me, doesn't want to share EVERYTHING with me??" You know, the idle chat of 13-year old girls in a school cafeteria. And that Miranda would willingly enable that shit.

by Anonymousreply 238December 12, 2021 11:42 PM

To be fair R238, Miranda did explode one time about all the conversations being about men.

by Anonymousreply 239December 12, 2021 11:45 PM

What the fuck did John James Preston do anyway? Investment banking?

by Anonymousreply 240December 12, 2021 11:48 PM

I thought it was construction R240.

by Anonymousreply 241December 12, 2021 11:49 PM

Real estate.

by Anonymousreply 242December 12, 2021 11:49 PM

Charlotte's white daughter is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 243December 12, 2021 11:51 PM

Where did the white daughter come from? I don't remember where/how they got her.

by Anonymousreply 244December 12, 2021 11:53 PM

R243 She's not a bitch at all - she's just a tomboy and not into her mom's wasp asthetic

by Anonymousreply 245December 12, 2021 11:54 PM

She was born at the end of the first movie R244.

by Anonymousreply 246December 12, 2021 11:54 PM

R240... the line was he's as rich as Trump (seriously.) And his family had money. I always assumed he was real estate.

by Anonymousreply 247December 12, 2021 11:58 PM

I think they're setting Charlotte's white daughter up to be nonbinary or trans because that's so hip these days.

Of course, the asian daughter is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 248December 13, 2021 12:03 AM

Charlotte has an Asian kid and a Jewish kid. Neither a Wasp . That bloodline has ended.

by Anonymousreply 249December 13, 2021 12:28 AM

My new name for SJP is Miss Gristle.

Cause that's what she looks like, gristle with a long hair ball stuck to it.

by Anonymousreply 250December 13, 2021 12:46 AM

Charlotte's white daughter is a surly bitch.

by Anonymousreply 251December 13, 2021 12:59 AM

If Charlotte was my mother, I'd be a surly bitch.

by Anonymousreply 252December 13, 2021 1:01 AM

Miranda was always Carrie's best friend. The fights they had were those between best friends. Especially the one over Petrovsky/Paris. If Samantha was still part of the group and Big died, Miranda still would've been Carrie's first call.

by Anonymousreply 253December 13, 2021 1:36 AM

Peleton strikes back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 13, 2021 1:38 AM

So basically all the kids except maybe the adopted one has issues? ✅

by Anonymousreply 255December 13, 2021 1:38 AM

Apparently Mr. Big faked his death to escape shrew Carrie and run off with that whore Allegra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 13, 2021 1:49 AM

Priceless (in response to the new commercial)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 13, 2021 1:57 AM

R244: I think in the first film Charlotte finds out she’s pregnant, after they adopted the first kid.

by Anonymousreply 258December 13, 2021 2:04 AM

Charlotte's white daughter is a non-binary story line waiting to happen

by Anonymousreply 259December 13, 2021 2:22 AM

I like what R233 said. Carrie is Samantha's best female friend. Carrie and Miranda had a special bond.

by Anonymousreply 260December 13, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote]This got me nostalgic for the old SATC. I'm on the episode where Carrie stalks Big and his mom in church and I'm wondering why he didn't run the opposite direction. Seriously, she's demanding he tell her "she's the one" after dating a few months. That shit scares straight guys.

That shit scares most guys, gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 261December 13, 2021 10:08 AM

No one wants to watch this shit storm about aging white liberal women in New York City.

by Anonymousreply 262December 13, 2021 10:18 AM

R262 Actually, And Just Like That was HBO Max's highest viewed series debut ever. Quite a few people are interested in watching.

by Anonymousreply 263December 13, 2021 10:39 AM

Curiosity and nostalgia, R263. Let's she what the falloff is.

by Anonymousreply 264December 13, 2021 10:41 AM

Guess the flowers on the coffin from Samantha is an analogy on how her character now officially dead and buried ( or cremated ) . She likely wont ever be mentioned again in the series.

Big secretly bankrupt or ran a Ponzi Scheme would be a great storyline for Carrie second act. Maybe a cameo from Alicia Florrick .

by Anonymousreply 265December 13, 2021 10:43 AM

[quote] Big secretly bankrupt or ran a Ponzi Scheme would be a great storyline for Carrie second act. Maybe a cameo from Alicia Florrick .

Agreed, r265.

Is Bridget Moynahan part of the cast? Perhaps her and Gloria , unbeknownst to Carrie, get a chunk of Big's money as a term of his divorce settlement with Natasha with Gloria as a POD cash beneficiary in annuity.

A Natasha and Gloria financial tag-team which results in them taking a chunk of Big's dough-ray-mee, certainly would even the score, if not better the score, with Carrie.

I'd love to see Carrie get her comeuppance in that way.

by Anonymousreply 266December 13, 2021 12:07 PM

And just like that...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267December 13, 2021 4:06 PM

I like to think that Natasha has moved on, though. At this point, she and Big have been divorced for 20 years. She could have teenage children with someone else for all we know.

by Anonymousreply 268December 13, 2021 4:45 PM

Given that they dragged Susan Sharon and Bitzy von Muffling, who knows what cameos will be stuffed into future episodes. My guess is that they did this as part of their strategy of making this an overstuffed turkey.

by Anonymousreply 269December 13, 2021 4:54 PM

I would like to see Skipper again. He seemed like a basically good guy if rather stupidly in love with Miranda: Breaking up with that poor girl while he was fucking her was pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 270December 13, 2021 4:58 PM

Ben Weber, who played Skipper, has worked steadily but is probably inexpensive enough that they could give him a good cameo.

by Anonymousreply 271December 13, 2021 5:02 PM

The cameos are dumb. How many of us run into multiple people from our past?

by Anonymousreply 272December 13, 2021 5:06 PM

If they all live on the island of Manhattan, it would make reasonable sense.

by Anonymousreply 273December 13, 2021 5:08 PM

Nearly 2 million people live in Manhattan and more work there. Plus, it’s been decades, people move out of the city. It’s just not very realistic bring every character they ever encountered back (not that this show has ever been realistic).

by Anonymousreply 274December 13, 2021 5:30 PM

People run into people they know/knew in Manhattan ALL the time. Trust me, sometimes it's awkward.

by Anonymousreply 275December 13, 2021 5:32 PM

It's not Mayberry, you know.

by Anonymousreply 276December 13, 2021 6:13 PM

Wouldn't rich New Yorkers all run together, though? Same trendy restaurants, same parties, same gallery openings. I know not all rich New Yorkers are the same, but all of Carrie's friends were in the same circle.

by Anonymousreply 277December 13, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote] It's not Mayberry, you know.

It is though. Very easy to run into old faces.

by Anonymousreply 278December 13, 2021 6:45 PM

When I lived in Chicago, I ran into people I knew all the time, including some who lived in the suburbs. A big city has places that draw people in away that nothing in a smaller one does.

by Anonymousreply 279December 13, 2021 6:49 PM

When does the next episode drop?

by Anonymousreply 280December 13, 2021 7:12 PM

Since I started revisiting the original, I'm really struck by the difference between sex scenes with SJP and the other actresses. Cattrall and Nixon both show tits and even Davis fakes orgasms on screen but SJP is all covered up and always just shows the aftermath. Never any moaning or during sex stuff.

by Anonymousreply 281December 13, 2021 7:38 PM

R256 that's great! Wonder how much they paid Noth for that ad?

by Anonymousreply 282December 13, 2021 7:46 PM

What a great and easy gig. He and the woman both live in NYC, so all he had to do was go down to the set and film a couple of lines. They probably did it in a day.

He looks like hell, though. Shouldn't he have at least shaved for the ad?

by Anonymousreply 283December 13, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote]Very easy to run into old faces.

Especially with this cast.

by Anonymousreply 284December 13, 2021 8:41 PM

Would have loved to see the crisis meeting in Peloton HQ when their stock went down following Big's shock death on their bicycle.

by Anonymousreply 285December 13, 2021 8:42 PM

[quote]Actually, And Just Like That was HBO Max's highest viewed series debut ever.

It wasn't a "series debut" -- it was the return of a beloved show with a new name. It had a huge built-in audience.

It was a given it would get big numbers at the beginning. The interesting this will be to see if it keeps them.

by Anonymousreply 286December 13, 2021 8:44 PM

Peloton turned it around though with that spoof ad. Record time turnaround, too, but I guess where there's a will - or a hundred million shaved off your market cap - there's a way.

by Anonymousreply 287December 13, 2021 9:31 PM

Noth may not have been able to shave due to another show commitment.

Given the unspoken revenge implication of the ad, Noth probably quickly agreed to it for a free Peloton bike

by Anonymousreply 288December 13, 2021 9:43 PM

Noth is done with SATC and has already cashed the check. He doesn't have to make HBO happy.

I'd have done the ad just to piss them off after they gave me that humiliating masturbation scene.

by Anonymousreply 289December 13, 2021 9:45 PM

It's crazy that people would "blame" Peloton and sales would be at risk, but then again, people are reactionary. Good idea with the ad I guess,

by Anonymousreply 290December 13, 2021 9:45 PM

Why do people think Natasha will be back for Big's money? She's the type of woman who got another rich man the day after Big left her.

She likely has 2 or 3 more hefty divorce settlements by now

by Anonymousreply 291December 13, 2021 9:49 PM

Yeah, Natasha was written as calm and classy. She wrote off Big as a bad starter marriage decades ago.

I always loved that scene where she reminded narcissistic homewrecker Carrie that her apology was neither desired nor accepted.

by Anonymousreply 292December 13, 2021 9:51 PM

R272: I know they ran into Bitsy von Muffling at the start but surely a funeral is where you’d expect to see randoms from your/your partner’s past. It does seem dumb that Natasha would be back this series but wasn’t at the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 293December 13, 2021 10:25 PM

Maybe Natasha doesn't live in NYC anymore but Carrie runs into her when Natasha is visiting. I can see not attending the funeral of an ex-husband from 20 years ago who cheated on you in your marital bed, and whose actions led to a painful dental condition that required multiple surgeries.

by Anonymousreply 294December 13, 2021 10:31 PM

Some things are best left as memories - misty water color memories of the way we were.

by Anonymousreply 295December 13, 2021 10:47 PM

Was this all planned by peloton?

by Anonymousreply 296December 13, 2021 10:51 PM

there is A LOT of product placement in that shit show.

by Anonymousreply 297December 13, 2021 11:47 PM

R294, and who married the woman he was cheating with.

by Anonymousreply 298December 14, 2021 12:12 AM

Bring back Mr. Too Big (played by John Enos III.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 14, 2021 12:34 AM

R294: actually yeah when you put it like that, it would have been weird for her to attend. I certainly wouldn’t!

by Anonymousreply 300December 14, 2021 1:27 AM

They have to strip Carrie of her wealth or viewers will turn away in disgust. Everyone loved Cinderella marrying her prince but no one wants to know about her new life of ease and riches in the palace.

So she kept her old apartment for reasons which are not clear, as it's not a rental property. And she will be moving back in there there in the next two episodes..

by Anonymousreply 301December 14, 2021 3:41 AM

it's weird that she kept that appartment all those years. I guess they could say it was rented by a friend, or she wrote something there.

by Anonymousreply 302December 14, 2021 3:54 AM

von Muffling is considered a Jewish name? She said they had to figure out how to do shivas on Zoom.

by Anonymousreply 303December 14, 2021 4:01 AM

No, it was her husband Bobby, played by Nathan Lane in the original show.

by Anonymousreply 304December 14, 2021 4:11 AM

Bitsy von Muffling is a fake clichéd WASP name like Buffy or Muffy. It is implied that her dead husband was Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 305December 14, 2021 4:11 AM

" It does seem dumb that Natasha would be back this series but wasn’t at the funeral."

And just like that. . .Natasha showed up at the funeral by opening the casket and dancing out the door.

by Anonymousreply 306December 14, 2021 4:16 AM

R302 they said in the movies Carrie kept it so her friends could use it lol

by Anonymousreply 307December 14, 2021 4:19 AM

It'll turn out Carrie was running a high priced escort ring out of the old apartment.

by Anonymousreply 308December 14, 2021 4:20 AM

Didn't they also say she kept it to go write?

The point I am trying to make is the money exists but they don't talk about it. Big and Carrie's apartment is modest, compared to the thing they looked at in movie one. He's loaded. She's loaded by association but it's never really discussed or part of the drama. So it makes no sense to suddenly leave her both bereft and broke.

by Anonymousreply 309December 14, 2021 12:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 14, 2021 12:04 PM

The adventures of a 30 year old woman struggling to advance her career and find a man is very intriguing for female viewers.

The adventures of a nearly 60 year old widowed woman struggling paycheck to paycheck as she faces retirement with poor romantic prospects is every woman's nightmare. They will turn away in droves if Carrie has been left with no money from Big's estate.

by Anonymousreply 311December 14, 2021 1:01 PM

Cardiologist says she could have saved him by doing chest compressions while waiting for medics with a defibrillator. Also with his heart issues, why in hell did he not buy one. Hubris!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 14, 2021 1:04 PM

If Carrie had behaved like an adult and called 911 and began compression Big would have survived and they needed him to die. He did not want to to the series and they needed that shot of the wedding shoes getting wet. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 313December 14, 2021 1:07 PM

If they needed Big dead, they should have had Carrie find him already gone. Then there wouldn't be this drama over her not calling 911.

by Anonymousreply 314December 14, 2021 2:08 PM

R314 but then Carrie would not have any great stories about how she held him while he died for her to tell over brunch.

by Anonymousreply 315December 14, 2021 2:13 PM

R225 If you slapped a frizzy wig (or if he grew out his natural do) on the lad to the right you'd have a perfect recast of the Rusty character from Footloose.

by Anonymousreply 316December 14, 2021 11:35 PM

I’ve only seen the first episode, but I was put-off by the younger people shading Miranda— even though her scene was ridiculous—for not being as cool and diverse as they supposedly were? Or wanting to force Carrie to say pussy and admit she masturbated. Does that somehow make one more cool to be coarse (the podcaster) and Carrie less so, because she was uncomfortable? I thought bullying was a a no- no, unless it’s an older, white woman being bullied?

Just an observation.

by Anonymousreply 317December 15, 2021 1:55 AM

[quote]It's crazy that people would "blame" Peloton and sales would be at risk, but then again, people are reactionary.

No, people are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 318December 15, 2021 2:10 AM

R317 it's clearly a podcast about sex. If she can't talk about sex...

by Anonymousreply 319December 15, 2021 7:50 AM

Why should she have to answer personal questions of an embarrassing nature? I thought they were baiting her.

by Anonymousreply 320December 15, 2021 2:02 PM

No, they were just writing badly, with a check list.

by Anonymousreply 321December 15, 2021 2:26 PM

[quote]Why should she have to answer personal questions of an embarrassing nature?

She is on a podcast about sex because she was a sex columnist. And she is too much of a prude to talk about masturbating?

That is so idiotic. It is SJP worrying about her image instead of playing the character realistically.

by Anonymousreply 322December 15, 2021 3:00 PM

SJP is the star.

Cynthia is the best actress.

Kim is the sexiest.

Kristen exudes a wholesome morality.

by Anonymousreply 323December 15, 2021 3:04 PM

Miranda.... my GOD. She was awful and her hair seems blonde not gray. Also - why is she letting her teenage ginge son have loud constant sex in their tiny apartment? That seemed very perverse?

A lawyer doesn't need some bullshit masters in "human rights" to shift to doing non-profit work. That was utter nonsense. And assuming she's been in NY this entire time and has a teenager - seems very unbelievable she would be that tone deaf with her antics.

And Charlotte's cross to bear is that one of her daughters is a tomboy? Not even a trans - just beautiful but a tomboy?

Highlight of the episode was Carrie seeing Samantha sent the casket flowers. Beyond that, I don't know. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 324December 15, 2021 3:12 PM

It’s ridiculous that Miranda is acting like this. Didn’t she leave her law firm in the second movie for one that was more diverse?

by Anonymousreply 325December 15, 2021 3:14 PM

I don'think Miranda lives in an apartment. I thought they'd moved into a brownstone in Brooklyn or did they move again?

by Anonymousreply 326December 15, 2021 3:29 PM

Why don't they ever go to NJ cities like Hoboken or Weehawken?

by Anonymousreply 327December 15, 2021 3:32 PM

R326 I thought they were still in the very spacious Brooklyn brownstone, which made that scene confusing.

by Anonymousreply 328December 15, 2021 3:35 PM

Question about NY. I've seen several movies, TV shows showing Manhattanites bitching about traveling to Brooklyn and other boroughs. How long does it take to get to these places? If they can drive to Jersey how bad can it be?

by Anonymousreply 329December 15, 2021 3:40 PM

It can easily take over an hour or hour an half to get to different boroughs and you're only going like 5 fucking miles. It sucks but explains why NY'ers are rude and pushing to get to where they're going.

by Anonymousreply 330December 15, 2021 3:49 PM

Yes R329 - it's a major headache because of train delays and how many stops there are and transferring lines, etc. To see my friends in Brooklyn, it will usually take me an hour to get there by train. Taking a cab would be 25 minutes probably, but that's way too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 331December 15, 2021 3:58 PM

R230-You get that stain from puncturing pussy.

by Anonymousreply 332December 15, 2021 5:31 PM

R329 Only the idiot real housewives of NYC and apparently the SATC girls complain about going to Brooklyn. BrooklyThere are places in Brooklyn that are more expensive than most of Manhattan - go look at prices for apartments in DUMBO/Brooklyn Heights/Park Slope.

You can hop on the L which swiftly takes you from Manhattan to Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 333December 15, 2021 6:33 PM

The L train is only if you are going to Williamsburg or Bushwick from 14th street.

Getting from the Upper East Side of Manhattan to Park Slope takes almost an hour door to door if you take the subway. People who don't complain are usually the ones who have the money to take Uber....

by Anonymousreply 334December 15, 2021 6:37 PM

New promo.

Sorry soap psychics, she's not broke. She moves because she's unhappy there on her own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335December 16, 2021 12:02 AM

I think I would have a very difficult time living in the same place my husband died. Just the dreams and nightmares and waking up in the empty place would be an off-putting, disorienting, and too frequent occurrence.

by Anonymousreply 336December 16, 2021 12:13 AM

Why did Carrie keep her old apt all these years? Did she expect to divorce at any moment?

by Anonymousreply 337December 16, 2021 2:02 AM

How many fucking times do we have to explain it?

by Anonymousreply 338December 16, 2021 2:05 AM

I wonder if they recut the new trailer to me more comedic based on initial reactions.

by Anonymousreply 339December 16, 2021 2:16 AM

Have they written out Willie Garson's character yet? One review I read found it really offensive the way they did it.

by Anonymousreply 340December 16, 2021 2:19 AM

R337 It really gets easier if you just accept that none of what’s happening in the new series makes any sense.

by Anonymousreply 341December 16, 2021 2:19 AM

How could a nearly 60 year old woman go back to living in a one room plus very modest kitchen and bathroom apartment after living in a spacious penthouse for decades?

by Anonymousreply 342December 16, 2021 2:25 AM

The whole show is going to require willful suspension of reality.

by Anonymousreply 343December 16, 2021 2:46 AM

Why would anyone say she's broke, selling the Big apartment would get her $20 million alone.

by Anonymousreply 344December 16, 2021 2:53 AM

Given that they tell rather than show on this series, perhaps we'll hear "why" she kept her place and it will be as believable as everything else they've they've done.

by Anonymousreply 345December 16, 2021 2:56 AM

r85 Big actors very often don't sign the contracts until they're on set. There's a reason for that. For the 10th time, I'll repeat Cattrell might have insisted in a million ways that she had no interest in returning and her agents almost definitely gave the impression they'd talk her into it. They'd be guilty of bad agenting if they didnt. Agents are very good at talking talent into taking roles when they need to and when the paycheck is worthwhile. Even when the talent is dead set against it for good or bad reasons. Think of it like a pump and dump. This was the last deal the agents ever had to do for Cattrell and if they got her to yes and then she was pissed off, they'd do just fine collecitng their checks on the series while she changed agencies.

by Anonymousreply 346December 16, 2021 3:11 AM

Remember when Aidan was going to buy the place next door to Carrie's so they could create a couple-sized apartment? Maybe Carrie does something like that, so they can give her a Carrie-esque apartment but bigger.

by Anonymousreply 347December 16, 2021 4:01 AM

I love dogs, and hate dogs. They scare the shit out of me if they're medium to big and jumping up on me or running toward me. I got injured by a pitbull when running. It's owner had it on a leash and I ran to the side a few feet to get out of their way, it lunged at me and tried to bite me. Basically grazed my thigh with its snap and I had a bad bruise, but luckily no broken skin or bite wounds. So many people take their dogs everywhere and so many just do not have them under control - either they don't care, the dogs aren't well trained, or the owners aren't paying attention. Drives me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 348December 16, 2021 4:24 AM

Whoops. Sorry, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 349December 16, 2021 4:28 AM

How are they writing Willie Garson off?

by Anonymousreply 350December 16, 2021 4:39 AM

Stanford and Anthony will get into a brutal fight, Stanford will fall and bang his head on a coffee table and die....just like that.

by Anonymousreply 351December 16, 2021 4:42 AM

I can only assume Garson is being written off by checking into an asylum when his husband rightfully leaves him.

by Anonymousreply 352December 16, 2021 4:50 AM

I could never get how Stanford and Anthony could be a couple. They're both classic bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 353December 16, 2021 5:02 AM

I don't understand Stanford's style. He dresses like a late 90's flamboyant gay. Quite a bit behind the times.

by Anonymousreply 354December 16, 2021 5:04 AM

The next episode will be Willie G’s last. He filmed 3 and they’ve aired the first two.

by Anonymousreply 355December 16, 2021 5:21 AM

and just like that...

they made unlikable characters worse.

by Anonymousreply 356December 16, 2021 6:39 AM

Episode three is available, btw.

by Anonymousreply 357December 16, 2021 9:21 AM

Aidan did buy both apartments. Carrie screamed for him to stop when he started knocking in the dividing wall, voiceovering some shit like it's destroying her being.

Carrie explained she kept the apartment in the second movie as "it wasn't a good time to sell" (recession).

Then she Big, Charlotte etc used it as a bolt hole when they needed "peace and quiet". Barf.

by Anonymousreply 358December 16, 2021 10:13 AM

And Just Like That..., episode 3, review: what have they done to Miranda?

2/5 (stars)

The Sex and the City reboot continues to baffle, with fan favourite Miranda transformed into a socially awkward annoyance

A review posted below for those who wish to avoid spoilers... which is kind of like bad to worse with this show but there you are.

by Anonymousreply 359December 16, 2021 12:08 PM

(it's fairly brief... seems off to me but there you are... good observation about the dominant Che variant, though)

Of all the crimes in And Just Like That… (Sky Comedy) the most heinous is what the writers have done to Miranda.

Back in the Sex and the City days, we all fancied ourselves as Carrie, and joked that our most outrageous friend was Samantha. Nobody wanted to be Charlotte, obviously. But as the series wore on and we all got a little older, didn’t most of us realise that Miranda was the one to be? Capable, drily funny, and with a wardrobe of clothes that an actual grown-up would wear. Most of all, she was smart.

Yet in And Just Like That… Miranda is behaving as if she’s just woken from a 17-year coma and found herself in a world she doesn’t understand. Why would this woman, always the brightest and most socially aware of the group, now be paralysed with awkwardness when faced with a black person? At a time when she has quit her career for something more meaningful, giving her a slower pace of life, why has she belatedly switched from a lifetime of happily drinking cosmopolitans to becoming a borderline alcoholic?

In episode three, Miranda attended a Che Diaz comedy gig – Diaz being the queer, non-binary character played by Sara Ramirez. The other characters laughed at the jokes. Miranda had an epiphany, and dashed off to the after-party with stars in her eyes to meet Che. And just like that, Miranda is questioning her sexuality.

Che is shaping up to be a significant presence in the series, and a cynical reading of this would be that the character is a one-stop-shop to answer all the criticism of Sex and the City: too white, too straight, too privileged. Meanwhile, Charlotte’s daughter, Rose, has decided that she doesn’t feel like a girl any more. Charlotte’s friend, Anthony, was having none of it: “She’s a kid. Ignore it. When she was six, she told you she’s a dog. Is she a dog now? No.”

Mario Cantone, who plays Anthony, is the only member of the cast determined to behave as if he’s still appearing in a comedy show. There’s precious little lightness elsewhere. Towards the beginning of the episode there was a bad-tempered restaurant visit, when a waiter kept banging into Stanford’s (the late Willie Garson) chair, and that tetchiness seems to hang over the whole series.

Elsewhere, Carrie has moved rapidly through the stages of grief to stalking her late husband’s first wife, the unexpected recipient of $1 million in Big’s will. I suspect the next stage may be dating her handsome podcast producer, because I can’t think of another reason why he was randomly included in a scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360December 16, 2021 12:12 PM

I may be (sad and) alone with this, but I love Che's stand-up comedy scene in episode three.

Carrie being her usual self-absorbed self, obsessing about Big's will and stalking Natasha. Love the scene where she is cyberstalking Natasha and gets blocked on Instagram. I also loved the scene where Carrie and Miranda sit on the steps, where Carrie makes some sense in her own way. But then in one of the final scenes, she completely dismisses Charlotte's concern about Miranda having a drinking problem.

by Anonymousreply 361December 16, 2021 12:45 PM

[quote]Have they written out Willie Garson's character yet?

MIRANDA: "Where is Stanford?"

CARRIE: "He won't be joining us. He got AIDS."

CHARLOTTE: "Is he OK?"

CARRIE: "I think he died."

MIRANDA: "Spare chair for purses ladies!"

by Anonymousreply 362December 16, 2021 12:58 PM

The whole "Now I'm a lesbian" thing already has been done with Samantha and my guess is that the show is too Frau-centric for Miranda and Che to end well, although Miranda, the white chick will somehow have grown from the experience.

by Anonymousreply 363December 16, 2021 1:02 PM

r363. For most people, the first "love" doesn't end well. And I think it's kind of hilarious that the show is going there after the episode in the original run where Miranda's boss thought she was a lesbian and set her up with a fellow lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 364December 16, 2021 1:06 PM

R364: I forgot about that one. So basically this is a double re-do. It's always a bad sign when shows recycle (the last couple seasons of Bewitched) but doing it twice is a problem, although I guess we can treat the workplace fix-up as foreshadowing. Plus they clearly don't have a plot line for Steve beyond deafness and the kid is a libidinous one note.

by Anonymousreply 365December 16, 2021 1:12 PM

Che's fucking stand up routine was the worst bit of television that I have seen in years. And it was interminable.

On the other hand, Sarah Jessica Parker is acting the hell out of her part in this series.

On the other, other hand, this episode was the first time when Samantha's absence was truly felt.

I have mixed feelings about this show.

by Anonymousreply 366December 16, 2021 1:14 PM

The thing with old Steve bumbling and mumbling around is deliberate to convince the viewer that Miranda deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 367December 16, 2021 1:16 PM

The stand up scene was great, because - once upon a time - the whole monologue fit gay people in the entertainment media. If you look back, mainstream media shows and movies had one single token gay usually sad and alone. That part rang very true to me. And that's how Hollywood still handles members of the LGBTQ Community in some of their mainstream movies and shows. Tokenism. Too much for the haters (stop pushing that "lifestyle!" down my throat!), not enough for the minorities (anymore).

by Anonymousreply 368December 16, 2021 1:23 PM

I’m enjoying the show because I look at it as total escapism to a world I left almost 20 years ago. No, not all of it rings true but I’m curious to see where they take it. Even Davis had some nice moments in the latest episode. I don’t even mind that there wasn’t one single visible mask in the new episode but we did catch a glimpse of Big’s vaccination card.

by Anonymousreply 369December 16, 2021 1:25 PM

Charlotte was a social lesbian for an episode too.

This reboot is just so bad. Every storyline feels like a very special episode of an 80’s family sitcom sponsored by restylane.

by Anonymousreply 370December 16, 2021 1:26 PM

R370: If it was on NBC, every trailer would have had the "very special" tag.

by Anonymousreply 371December 16, 2021 1:43 PM

If it was the late 1970s it would be written by Richard Shapiro with a special appearance by Kathleen Beller.

by Anonymousreply 372December 16, 2021 1:44 PM

And now back to your ABC After School Special: And Just Like That....

by Anonymousreply 373December 16, 2021 1:44 PM

As a diehard fan of the original series (I wanted to BE Carrie Bradshaw) I am so disappointed in this new series. I would be so happy if they were all killed off in a freak accident on the Hamptons Jitney.

by Anonymousreply 374December 16, 2021 1:50 PM

I was walking dogs this morning with a 50 year old woman who said she gave up before the first episode ended. She wondered why they spent so much time complaining about being fifty, thought Carrie's clothes looked foolish, and thought whoever was writing knew fuck all about women in their fifties.

by Anonymousreply 375December 16, 2021 1:52 PM

I hear there's a scene with dead Stanford and dead Mr. Big looking down on Carrie from Heaven. They turn to each other and Stanford says:

"Why the hell did we ever give this superficial bitch the time of day?"

And then Stanford gets on his knees and blows dead Mr. Big while dead Mr. Big sits back on a leather throne and smokes a cigar while thinking, "Good head without the female drama. This surely is Heaven."

And then dead Mr. Big shoots his load in dead Stanford's mouth, drinks a big sip of scotch, and lets out a satisfied sigh as the memory of Carrie is permanently erased from his mind.

by Anonymousreply 376December 16, 2021 2:02 PM

Stanford would never say that. He's on the shallowness scale, he's worse than Carrie, even more so in this revival.

by Anonymousreply 377December 16, 2021 2:06 PM

He saw things more clearly in the after-life.

by Anonymousreply 378December 16, 2021 2:09 PM

Did Samantha ever show her pussy?

by Anonymousreply 379December 16, 2021 2:26 PM

I somewhat see what they’re going for with Miranda. She’s having one of those “ I did everything I was supposed to do, is this all there is?” mid-life crises.

Possibly exacerbated by seeing how much “better” off her friends—who were basically husband hunters— are doing.

Her awkwardness can be attributed to her drinking. It really does affect your thinking, and you’re sleep deprived and tired all the time when drinking heavily. Many foot-in-mouth moments ensue.

by Anonymousreply 380December 16, 2021 2:56 PM

It is so woke it is parody of wokeness.

by Anonymousreply 381December 16, 2021 3:52 PM

I know this is less than a ringing endorsement, but episode 3 was much better than the first two.

by Anonymousreply 382December 16, 2021 4:06 PM

How does Stanford die? Covid?

by Anonymousreply 383December 16, 2021 4:09 PM

Carrie's grieving felt very real, although would she really wear those hideous glasses? The Natasha scenes were decently done. That her character hasn't changed that much is a positive.

If the Charlotte/Rose storyline doesn't include Charlotte showing Rose her drag king photo from the Donovan Leitch fuck session, then What. Is. The. Point.

The Miranda/Cheryl storyline makes me want to watch through my fingers, like when Ralph Fiennes has his thumbs cut off in The English Patient. It's painful. The stand up scene was excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 384December 16, 2021 4:22 PM

First that prolonged scene of Harry pissing, then Carrie talking about needing to pee while Charlotte's dog takes a shit.

Gratuitous, weird SATC bathroom humor is back!

by Anonymousreply 385December 16, 2021 4:32 PM

The Natasha thing was so stupid. Wouldn't a sane person just ASSUME it was an apology? Or it would've been written in the will "for the pain caused during our marriage"

by Anonymousreply 386December 16, 2021 4:34 PM

Now Natasha on the toilet!

by Anonymousreply 387December 16, 2021 4:35 PM

Anyone with half a brain would realize that Big left Natasha the money out of guilt. It's not even that much money by rich New Yorker standards. I'm sure he left Carrie many, many more millions than that, so why stalk poor Natasha over it? Carrie is still such a headcase. Natasha was right to accept the apology just to get crazy Carrie out of her life.

by Anonymousreply 388December 16, 2021 4:38 PM

Some nice words....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389December 16, 2021 4:38 PM

Gotta admit I got a little misty during this and the rendition is gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390December 16, 2021 4:39 PM

[quote]Willie and I have been friends for, gosh, 30-some years, long before Sex and the City. Our friendship onscreen is similar in many ways to our friendship off, which is not typical.

So...he gave you endless random compliments and was a toxic cunt to everyone else?

by Anonymousreply 391December 16, 2021 4:57 PM

I've been rewatching the original and I'd forgotten the cringeworthy "You are fabulous" comments to Carrie. Clearly written in to suck up to SJP. The scene during the roof party for Sam's tranny friends when they are asking only Carrie to spin and sashay while saying "girl, you're FIERCE". The 13 yo spoilt diva, Stanford's gay friend and Margaret Cho all telling her she's FAB.🙄🤢

by Anonymousreply 392December 16, 2021 5:55 PM

Do they refer to Natasha as his first wife?

by Anonymousreply 393December 16, 2021 6:25 PM

Holy shit that Che stand up routine was fucking god-awful. Was there ONE joke in the whole thing, because it felt like a lecture. And did she let everyone in for free, because trannies and enbys don't have money to buy tickets to comedy shows.

by Anonymousreply 394December 16, 2021 6:46 PM

I’m glad they brought Natasha back even for one episode and Bridget looks great.

by Anonymousreply 395December 16, 2021 6:55 PM

Not buying it. So the guy is briefly back in the spotlight and, just like that, someone’s out to cancel him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396December 16, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote] Do they refer to Natasha as his first wife?

Natasha was Big's [bold]second[/bold] wife.

His first wife was Barbara, the book publisher, played by Noelle Beck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397December 16, 2021 7:00 PM

And what's a million? Do you pay tax on inheritance in NY state? And what does a million even get you. Lunch. Not a decent apartment. He may as well have sent her a pair of dried spunk BVDs for all the good it will do her.

by Anonymousreply 398December 16, 2021 7:03 PM

He doesn’t look like that anymore R299.

by Anonymousreply 399December 16, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote]On the other hand, Sarah Jessica Parker is acting the hell out of her part in this series.

We know, R366.

by Anonymousreply 400December 16, 2021 7:16 PM

Natasha was wife #2.

by Anonymousreply 401December 16, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]Barbara, the book publisher

Who can forget Cathy and the magic cigarettes!

by Anonymousreply 402December 16, 2021 7:19 PM

You all did a heck of a job predicting Charlotte's daughter and Natasha. Watching Episode 3.

by Anonymousreply 403December 16, 2021 7:36 PM

Carrie Natasha Obsession Spiral Redux

by Anonymousreply 404December 16, 2021 7:43 PM

The third episode was better than the first two, IMO. The dialogue and pacing seemed more matched to the original SATC, other than Miranda's continuing blunders --not that "together" people can't start to question themselves and fall apart later in life. I enjoyed Natasha here. The actress did a good job with that.

Che - oof. Really annoys me, then I like her, repeat. I don't mind her as a character - a little. But a whole comedy routine? -- though it was in service of informing the main characters. I don't need her and Miranda to hookup but it seems inevitable.

RIP Stanford.

by Anonymousreply 405December 16, 2021 8:17 PM

Did they write out Stanford in this episode? How did they explain his absence?

by Anonymousreply 406December 16, 2021 8:27 PM

They didn't write him out. He went to lunch with the girls, but there was no final resolution. That really wouldn't be a problem - as he's just an intermittent character and Carrie doesn't see him all the time. But if Anthony is still around, they'll probably have to explain his absence somehow.

by Anonymousreply 407December 16, 2021 8:30 PM

They'll have Anthony explain that Stanford is busy or on a business trip.

by Anonymousreply 408December 16, 2021 8:35 PM

I want them to give us a nude scene with David Eigenberg showing off his dick. He’s done it on stage, he can do it on screen.

by Anonymousreply 409December 16, 2021 8:36 PM

Or we can avoid the dick and they can just kill off Steve, so Miranda can have her new relationship in peace.

Ugh, Steve.

by Anonymousreply 410December 16, 2021 8:38 PM

They should have had Miranda and Steve already divorced. Eigenberg could have still shown up in an episode or two to get his paycheck. A divorced single mom might let her kid's girlfriend sleep over just so she could win brownie points. Steve could even be remarried with a new, younger family--men do that all the time.

Being a mid-50s divorcee who's had no luck meeting men, while your ex finds a new lease on life with a younger wife, your only kid thinks you're bitchy and past it, and your job has grown stale, would be reason enough to make a big life change.

by Anonymousreply 411December 16, 2021 8:48 PM

We learn that Steve and Stanford had been Mr. Big's fuck buddies for years.

Devastated by the news of his death (and at the loss of Mr. Big's big schlong), Steve and Stanford form a suicide pact and jump off the Brooklyn Bridge hand-in-hand and die, solving several plot points at once.

by Anonymousreply 412December 16, 2021 8:54 PM

I'm curious if Steve and Aidan are still partners in the bar. I agree about presenting Steve as some kind of doddering, deaf old man. Seems like he's half senile too.

by Anonymousreply 413December 16, 2021 8:57 PM

I love how Big managed one last WTF moment on his way to eternity.

by Anonymousreply 414December 16, 2021 8:58 PM

The problem with this reboot is the same as the movies and the last few seasons of the series: Michael Patrick King and SJP do not give a shiz about fans and integrity of the show, they only care about appealing to the "key" demographics to sell another script/season. It's about money baby. While we are all bitching on DL, they are lining their pockets.

by Anonymousreply 415December 16, 2021 8:59 PM

It just proves again that Big had serious issues. Leaving a million dollars to a woman you divorced 20 years ago without telling your current wife is a big fuck-you to both women. It forces the ex who has moved on to think about you and have to deal with the cash (and the crazy current wife). It makes the current wife wonder what you were dealing with behind her back. No wonder Natasha didn't want the money.

by Anonymousreply 416December 16, 2021 9:00 PM

Natasha said she wouldn't keep the money.

She should keep it.

by Anonymousreply 417December 16, 2021 9:02 PM

*Spoiler*

Episode 3 is the pronoun/nonbinary lecture episode where at the very end we get to hear Sara Ramirez reveal (inadvertently thru her non-comedic monologue) how so much of this stuff is the self-made delusion of narcissistic people who think people care about them way more than they really do.

by Anonymousreply 418December 16, 2021 9:04 PM

If I were Natasha, I'd look back on my life with Big, remember a cause or person he hated, and donate the money to that cause or person. It would be satisfying to know your monster ex-husband inadvertently left a million dollars to something he despises.

by Anonymousreply 419December 16, 2021 9:04 PM

The scene where Sara Ramirez "shotguns" Miranda was so HOT! We got to see a close-up of the fat rolls on the back of Sara's head.

by Anonymousreply 420December 16, 2021 9:06 PM

Where's my million?

by Anonymousreply 421December 16, 2021 9:06 PM

Yeah, Big fucked his first wife's best friend. I'd argue she was more hard-done-by.

by Anonymousreply 422December 16, 2021 9:08 PM

I hated the first episode, but enjoyed 2 and 3 except for the Che stuff. I know it's not politically correct but I am just tired of being lectured to. And yes, I am a liberal. Very liberal.

by Anonymousreply 423December 16, 2021 9:08 PM

I laughed when Charlotte and Miranda are standing at Che's concert and it's so obvious that it's sinking in. "Change, go outside your comfort zone," "support and love your sexual minority family members." Not a bad scene, but it just underscores how every messages today aren't massaged, but driven home sledgehammer style "tell, don't show."

by Anonymousreply 424December 16, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote]I've been rewatching the original and I'd forgotten the cringeworthy "You are fabulous" comments to Carrie. Clearly written in to suck up to SJP. The scene during the roof party for Sam's tranny friends when they are asking only Carrie to spin and sashay while saying "girl, you're FIERCE". The 13 yo spoilt diva, Stanford's gay friend and Margaret Cho all telling her she's FAB

I guess you didn't get that those were sycophants who were sucking up to a celebrity. Carrie had a very popular column and people sucked up to get mentioned or brag they are friends.

by Anonymousreply 425December 16, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]I guess you didn't get that those were sycophants who were sucking up to a celebrity. Carrie had a very popular column and people sucked up to get mentioned or brag they are friends.

And if the sycophancy was too subtle, there was the horrendous magazine cover to hit home the point like a knee to the cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426December 16, 2021 9:19 PM

Isn't that the photoshoot where she was two hours late because she'd been out drinking the night before? She deserved that cover.

by Anonymousreply 427December 16, 2021 9:20 PM

"Single and Fabulous?"

by Anonymousreply 428December 16, 2021 9:22 PM

R426 it looks like she's on meth.

by Anonymousreply 429December 16, 2021 9:23 PM

R403 Helen Keller could see that storyline coming. A daughter who hates dresses and wears a tuxedo shirt and all the tomboy things? It was a big neon non-binary/trans sign.

It would've been more interesting if she was just like "no, I just hate pink and shit" and the asian daughter was a femme lez.

by Anonymousreply 430December 16, 2021 9:36 PM

SJP is lucky Noth wanted out of the show. Can you imagine the shitstorm if he was in the rest of the season?

by Anonymousreply 431December 16, 2021 9:39 PM

And just like that Mr. Big is dead and so is Chris Noth's career

by Anonymousreply 432December 16, 2021 9:45 PM

He's 67 and loaded. If he can get out of this legal trouble, he'll just retire.

by Anonymousreply 433December 16, 2021 9:57 PM

I believe Willie finished all of his scenes before he passed. Production knew he was ill so, since everything was shot out of sequence anyway, they made sure all of his scenes were shot early on.

by Anonymousreply 434December 16, 2021 10:03 PM

As some posted upthread, the third episode was way better than the first two. It had some of its old zing. One comment though—the music is so fucking schmaltzy at times. It’s Hallmark channel music and it sucks.

by Anonymousreply 435December 16, 2021 10:07 PM

R434 no, he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 436December 16, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote] One comment though—the music is so fucking schmaltzy at times. It’s Hallmark channel music and it sucks.

Most of that music is the score from the first movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437December 16, 2021 10:22 PM

r379

she did at least once when she dyed it

by Anonymousreply 438December 16, 2021 10:38 PM

These versions of the characters are the ones at the end after they photocopied the originals, photocopied that copy, photocopied that copy and continued a thousand more times.

by Anonymousreply 439December 16, 2021 11:10 PM

Was that a stand up set or a trans rights rally?

by Anonymousreply 440December 16, 2021 11:11 PM

In episode three’s restaurant scene Carrie tells Stanford, who keeps getting hit by the door when the waitstaff goes in and out of the kitchen, that she’ll switch seats with him.

Says Carrie, “I’m used to getting slammed from behind.”

Kind of funny this aired the day the allegations came out about Chris Noth accusing him of raping two women from behind.

by Anonymousreply 441December 16, 2021 11:24 PM

I agree this episode was better. I hoped they wouldn’t have a romance between Miranda and Che just because of how predictable it was. I expect Charlotte will get a stern talking to by Che about how to raise a non-binary child.

I think Natasha was included because this show is intended to be one big nostalgia fest. So who else do we predict will make a cameo? I say that pee politician and the guy who broke up with Carrie on a post it note.

by Anonymousreply 442December 16, 2021 11:31 PM

They should bring back the old whore Samantha was briefly friends with who blew the guy under the table at the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 443December 16, 2021 11:34 PM

Kim Cattrall is sorely missed in this.

by Anonymousreply 444December 16, 2021 11:37 PM

She really is r444. She provided most of the humor and zing.

by Anonymousreply 445December 16, 2021 11:40 PM

R435, didn't you notice in the first episode they had to make an excuse for his absence in the recital hall even though he was seen out front?

by Anonymousreply 446December 16, 2021 11:49 PM

^Sorry, that should have been referencing R434

by Anonymousreply 447December 16, 2021 11:51 PM

You can definitely see they shot out of order though. In the first episode Willie looked very thin, but in the third, he looks normal.

by Anonymousreply 448December 16, 2021 11:56 PM

The latest was just as bad as the first 2 episodes. I actually cancelled my subscription to HBO after the first 2 aired. Not specifically because of that show, but I'm just done with this type of shit. Why not just air hour after hour of lectures on how we the people are supposed to act, react to POC, the queer community (I've lost track of where "we" are with the alphabet at this point). Seriously, it's like this in EVERYTHING at this point. I've had it. I'd rather watch old episodes of Benny Hill on a loop than watch anymore of this shit. At least I'm not being lectured to with those.

I get it, you are all so sensitive, strive to be the high-end emotional intelligence, so pleasing, so giving, and I need to deflect and reflect to all of these messages to be a better, a good person, otherwise I've failed as a human being. Seriously, I'm done. I hate this shit.

by Anonymousreply 449December 17, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote]I believe Willie finished all of his scenes before he passed. Production knew he was ill so, since everything was shot out of sequence anyway, they made sure all of his scenes were shot early on.

You haven't been paying attention. SJP, Cynthia Nixon, and MPK all said that they had a major story arc for Stanford this season. That went south after he revealed how sick he was, but then MPK called and asked him to come in an do a scene just with SJP to write out Stanford. But he just couldn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 450December 17, 2021 12:26 AM

Ed Harris appears to be free. Why not bring him in as the new Stanford.

by Anonymousreply 451December 17, 2021 12:33 AM

Why are you here R449, instead of Donald Trump's new social media app?

by Anonymousreply 452December 17, 2021 12:49 AM

R452 is Chris Noth, posting from a tequila shame spiral

by Anonymousreply 453December 17, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote]Seriously, I'm done

Is that a promise? Pretty please?

You're a fucking asshole. See ya, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

by Anonymousreply 454December 17, 2021 12:53 AM

So I'm now required to like And Just Like That to not be called a right-wing nutjob, Nazi, white supremacist, nationalist, so on and so forth? Yeah, keep it coming.

by Anonymousreply 455December 17, 2021 12:53 AM

I have been around NYC (and I mean AROUND!) and I've never seen such a circus of ridiculous looking people that were in the stand-up crowd. The show either really went out of its way to put out a casting call for these types across all of NYC and round them up, or they're in costume.

by Anonymousreply 456December 17, 2021 12:54 AM

[quote]otherwise I've failed as a human being.

Honey, you failed as a human being the day you came out of your mother's womb.

by Anonymousreply 457December 17, 2021 12:55 AM

well then keep watching your oh so special tv shows to help you feel good about yourself.

by Anonymousreply 458December 17, 2021 12:57 AM

and sorry you need television to tell you what to do. I don't.

by Anonymousreply 459December 17, 2021 12:59 AM

Harry looks like shit.

I mean relative shit. Evan Handler was never an attractive guy, but in Californication and SATC he looked much better. Yeah, he was younger, but it's not just aging.

by Anonymousreply 460December 17, 2021 1:15 AM

The apropos of nothing Charlotte-Stanford argument. Charlotte rationalizing Carrie's infidelity. Then her stalking Natasha. Then the meeting at the all-gender bathroom. Will Carrie be satisfied---probably not. Natasha seems to have gotten him more than Carrie (of course). Che's performance was pretty predictable---so she's an anything that moves---why am I not surprised. And of course, Miranda can't commit at the moment where it's needed. Miranda doesn't seem loaded in this episode, but of course, they talk about her drinking.

by Anonymousreply 461December 17, 2021 1:17 AM

Natasha remains the voice of reason who shows that Carrie is C R A Z Y.

by Anonymousreply 462December 17, 2021 1:21 AM

Natasha is everything Carrie so desperately wants to be without even trying... and sane.

by Anonymousreply 463December 17, 2021 1:24 AM

Hope they don't write out Mario Cantone.

by Anonymousreply 464December 17, 2021 1:25 AM

I bought an HBO MAX subscription because I wanted to see "Godzilla v. Kong". I'm still a subscriber.

I'm not bothering to watch AJLT. This thread is good enough. Why should I suffer along with the rest of you?

by Anonymousreply 465December 17, 2021 1:27 AM

when Carrie goes to Natasha's office and sits in front of that enormous photo of a field and a sheep, is that supposed to be funny or a metaphor? "Oh I'm just a poor lonely lamb in the wide open scary world!"

by Anonymousreply 466December 17, 2021 1:27 AM

Natasha should keep the money and constantly call Carrie for drinks and dinner, "my treat."

But, she's not crazy, as R463 points out. Bridget Moynihan looks good. Younger than the main cast, but not drastically so. She's 50.

by Anonymousreply 467December 17, 2021 1:27 AM

The woman who plays Natasha looks like she didn’t get surgery.

by Anonymousreply 468December 17, 2021 1:31 AM

He had Leukeimia R460. My friends dad went thru that,and he went from a pleasant looking older man into a corpse. And 5 years later he still looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 469December 17, 2021 1:34 AM

Chris Noth Not Under Investigation “At This Point” For Sexual Assault Claims Police Say – Update

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470December 17, 2021 1:40 AM

But didn't he have it when he was young, and major treatment too- before his other shows where he didn't look so bad? Regardless, I'm an asshole. I didn't know that - I just looked it up.

by Anonymousreply 471December 17, 2021 1:41 AM

[quote] I bought an HBO MAX subscription because I wanted to see "Godzilla v. Kong". I'm still a subscriber....I'm not bothering to watch AJLT. This thread is good enough. Why should I suffer along with the rest of you?

Because you voluntarily paid to watch "Godzilla v. Kong". That's why.

by Anonymousreply 472December 17, 2021 1:42 AM

Oh snap, is Miranda gonna be a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 473December 17, 2021 1:58 AM

She always was. She hated men and then married a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 474December 17, 2021 2:03 AM

Yes r345, all the editorializing on this show really bugs me (the prime example being the explanation for Samantha's absence).

by Anonymousreply 475December 17, 2021 2:06 AM

R473: SPOILER ALERT: They created a cliff hanger on that question. Another consideration, if you become involved in a bisexual, gender fluid person, can you really call it being a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 476December 17, 2021 2:15 AM

And I thoroughly enjoyed "Godzilla v. Godzilla", r472.

It didn't pretend to be anything other than what it is and both Godzilla and Kong looked way better than the cast of AJLT.

by Anonymousreply 477December 17, 2021 2:20 AM

"Godzilla v. Kong" ^

by Anonymousreply 478December 17, 2021 2:21 AM

Why when Carrie was in Natasha's office and had a 20 foot empty couch to sit on did she choose to sit on a crack between two cushions? Did she have to take a shit or something?

by Anonymousreply 479December 17, 2021 2:22 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed episode 3. Loved it.

by Anonymousreply 480December 17, 2021 2:23 AM

How did they write out Willie Garson? Some critic I read was so offended by it. It's my only interest in the series.

I don't feel like searching thru all these posts. Has it been done yet?

by Anonymousreply 481December 17, 2021 2:26 AM

It hasn't been done yet, R481.

by Anonymousreply 482December 17, 2021 2:30 AM

Whatever it is will be as stupid as everything else has been.

This episode, like the first two just seemed to lack energy. Charlotte has lost her sweetness, but retooling her as a nasty piece of work doesn't work. The writers clearly don't know what to do with her. Miranda has a clearer plot line but fundamentally they don't know what to do with her either.

by Anonymousreply 483December 17, 2021 2:47 AM

I agree this episode lacked energy. Not bad enough to quit watching but not good enough to anticipate next week. I don't care what happens, but I want to see it for myself. Why would Cattrall wat to come back to this? It's boring.

by Anonymousreply 484December 17, 2021 2:53 AM

Who's going to miss toxic UberCunt Stanford?

Is Charlotte the only character with half a brain? Miranda is a complete moron and Carrie is an idiot with the emotional maturity of a 9 year old. "I can't go to a restaurant I ever went to with Big or Samantha!" Well, enjoy your trips to Jersey City.

The 3rd podcast person is so ugly, I got nauseous by the idea of him and Sara Ramirez having sex.

Why are Charlotte's kids sharing a bedroom that is smaller than her bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 485December 17, 2021 2:54 AM

R484, Catrall would have made it interesting. They’re sorely missing Samantha, who always brought humor and lightness to the show.

by Anonymousreply 486December 17, 2021 2:57 AM

Exactly, R486. She was able to wryly cut through a lot of their convoluted, self absorbed bullshit and reduce it to what it really was: gagging for a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 487December 17, 2021 3:02 AM

I still love the original series. I catch it on E! Quite a lot. There are some cringe moments but I don’t get the hate it now receives.

Kristen Davis, thank GOD, looks good. I thought she did something bad to her face from the photos released, but she didn’t. She looks like a slightly older Charlotte. She looks great.

SJP looks better than she has in years. There were some scenes where she looked decent, then others scenes where she looked rough, but not as. Bad as she has looked for years.

Miranda looks really good. I thought CN aged poorly, but I was wrong.

First 2 episodes lacked the spark of the original. Something was off. Pacing, timing, direction. WTF did they do to Steve? He’s not 100. That is super annoying. Sara Ramirez is a little annoying, but she could grow on me.

Killing Big was the very right choice.

Samantha is missed.

The social commentary is over done, but I’m not going to freak out like some on here are. It is too heavy handed, though.

I haven’t watched ep 3 yet.

by Anonymousreply 488December 17, 2021 3:06 AM

Her hemorrhoids were flaring up R479. She needs more fiber in her diet and a sitz bath.

by Anonymousreply 489December 17, 2021 3:11 AM

R486, that’s doubtful. Sounds like none of the characters are the same. We are also living in a pc era and this show went totally woke. I doubt Samantha would still be the Samantha of old.

by Anonymousreply 490December 17, 2021 3:20 AM

Given how Brady is just a walking erection, I can only assume they still would've done the "Sexting Samantha" storyline. YIKES

by Anonymousreply 491December 17, 2021 3:21 AM

SJP Looks positively ancient in some scenes--wrinkle-orama on her face, esp. the forehead. I'm sure she's wearing a ton of make-up, so I wonder if it's the lighting. Her hands and her neck are obviously looking old regardless, so it's also a matter of how much those get highlighted, too.

Charlotte and Miranda don't look bad--Miranda's gray hair looks like it's some died shade of gray with some subtle highlights. It's a shame that they both seem braindead, esp. Miranda.

by Anonymousreply 492December 17, 2021 3:21 AM

"Why did my husband leave the ex-wife he betrayed and humiliated a gift in his will?"

GEE, THINK CARRIE.

Of course, Charlotte points out the obvious, but Carrie assumes it must be something WORSE. She's like DL conspiracy trolls

by Anonymousreply 493December 17, 2021 3:24 AM

Continuity gripe: Carrie, blathering about walking, said: "Now I'm in some place called the Upper West Side." If I heard right, don't I recall her apartment is on the Upper West Side, though the location in the real world is the West Village.

by Anonymousreply 494December 17, 2021 3:29 AM

I think episode 3 was the strongest yet. I like that they're really leaning into the history of the show. Carrie punishing herself still for the affair she had with Big when he was married to Natasha. I liked that they humanized Natasha some and that their interaction in the coffee place was sort of a nod to the scene from the original series where Carrie ambushes Natasha in a restaurant while she's eating lunch trying to seek forgiveness only to get completely told off by Natasha. This time Natasha shows her some compassion and they reach a sort of awkward truce and resolution to that arc. I'm not at all minding the more sober tone to the series thus far. I can also see why it's no longer called 'Sex and the City' because It certainly doesn't seem like anyone is having any!

by Anonymousreply 495December 17, 2021 3:31 AM

Iove R430 idea

by Anonymousreply 496December 17, 2021 3:33 AM

For Carrie, it must always be about Carrie. That's why she brushes off Charlotte when she wants to talk about Miranda having a drinking problem. And that's why Carrie is so hot and bothered about Natasha being mentioned in the will. The will should've been only about her and Big describing in how many ways Carrie made Big's life better. But Big had the audacity to make it about himself and a lingering issues he might have had with Natasha. Bastard!

by Anonymousreply 497December 17, 2021 3:37 AM

Carrie will never stop playing the victim card.

by Anonymousreply 498December 17, 2021 3:42 AM

I wonder if the alcohol issue plot was originally meant for Standford, explaining his viciousness?

by Anonymousreply 499December 17, 2021 3:43 AM

I do think this series would benefit from Carrie in therapy... actually learning about why she is who she is. But couldn't happen when the law is Carrie is fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 500December 17, 2021 3:43 AM

[quote] I actually cancelled my subscription to HBO after the first 2 aired.

Oh, you did not.

by Anonymousreply 501December 17, 2021 3:44 AM

Big was as much of a drama queen as Carrie. His first two wives seemed like calm, classy, intelligent women who understood him in ways Carrie never did. He fucked them both over. He fucked over Carrie too (repeatedly), but she kept coming back and giving him the drama he craved. Barbara and Natasha were smart enough to walk away after the first big betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 502December 17, 2021 3:54 AM

Carrie was a cunt then and a cunt now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503December 17, 2021 3:56 AM

Carrie is very flawed which is why I like her.

SJP looked way better than I thought she would seeing how she has looked the past many years. I guess the smoking aged the fuck out of her because she aged way worse than all of them. Kim C is the oldest and was always the hottest and looked their age or younger.

by Anonymousreply 504December 17, 2021 4:06 AM

Men like Big never marry the woman they string along and jerk around for 10 years. They do exactly what Big did-they throw her enough crumbs to keep her hooked while keeping their options open so they can find the woman they really want. Big marrying Natasha makes perfect sense for his character. The only difference is that they don't look back to that chick they strung along, because they don't respect her. Those women are needy doormats. Men like Big settle down with the pretty wife, have a couple of kids and they cheat. (But not with some desperate ex.)

Big jilting Carrie at the altar is believable. Carrie having no self respect and taking him back is realistic. But a man like Big would have never tried to win her back in the first place. Oh well. Fans wanted their happy ending. At least for a little while until he had to die so Carrie could grow.

by Anonymousreply 505December 17, 2021 4:09 AM

Yes, I really did, R501. I have 2 more days left on my account. I plan to watch the movie M and Dr. Strangelove, and then I'm out. I didn't own a television for around 10 years. I only bought one because I had someone staying with me that got bitchy about it. Otherwise, I don't care. Not a snob about tv, although since I've had one and followed along with people who do comment on shows I get where people become a little discerning about such things.

I've seen M on the big screen (not on its original screening, I'm not that old). Never seen Dr. Strangelove, even the one, and only Stanley Kubrick film I've never seen. Looking forward to that.

by Anonymousreply 506December 17, 2021 4:12 AM

How old was Natasha meant to be when she married Big? Because back then I thought she was only in her mid-twenties... thought she much younger than Carrie and way younger than Big.

by Anonymousreply 507December 17, 2021 4:19 AM

R504 I have no issue with flawed characters. I have issues with flawed characters who get their flaws handwaved away. The audience is never supposed to call Carrie on her shit. She's always "perfect"

by Anonymousreply 508December 17, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote] I have issues with flawed characters who get their flaws handwaved away. The audience is never supposed to call Carrie on her shit.

That's not what happens to Carrie. She gets mighty embarrassed when Nathasha spots her outside her office for the viewers' entertainment. Natasha tells her off in the coffee shop for stalking her. Carrie gets called out on her shit.

by Anonymousreply 509December 17, 2021 4:37 AM

R507, she was supposedly 25 or 26. Carrie confronts Big about it when she runs into them out in the Hamptons when they've returned from France. But back then, Carrie was 32 or 33?

by Anonymousreply 510December 17, 2021 4:39 AM

R505 sums it up. Even Chris Noth thought that Big's story should have ended with his marriage to Natasha. A man of his background would have wanted a wife from the same social set who understood the rules and let him do what he wanted as long as he kept up appearances.

Remember, Natasha knew about the affair but kept her cool and hoped it would burn out. She didn't divorce him until she realized he was fucking Carrie in their marital bed, and then the tooth accident happened. Had Big kept fucking Carrie downtown, Natasha's method of handling the situation might have worked.

by Anonymousreply 511December 17, 2021 4:55 AM

But the show was about Carrie winning at life despite her obvious flaws. Big could never escape her. Big could never be the one to dump her for good. It was ok for Berger to dump her on a post-it, because Carrie and Mr. Big were endgame.

Sex and the City was about a modern day fairy tale of an anti heroine getting her Prince Fucking Charming who can't resist her despite her being shallow, vapid and having more nervous ticks than Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 512December 17, 2021 5:04 AM

Big was about 40 when he married Natasha, who was in her late 20s. The perfect age difference for an old-fashioned guy like Big. She's old enough to be educated and have some experience of the world but young enough to give him 2-3 kids, especially the all-important son.

As dramatic as the tooth thing was, it would have made more sense if Big had gotten bored with the Carrie affair and gone back to his wife, possibly with the excuse that Natasha is pregnant (implying he's not so unhappy with his marriage after all). A classic Edith-Wharton-style ending.

by Anonymousreply 513December 17, 2021 5:05 AM

The problem was that they made Big into Prince Charming when he should have just been an object lesson in toxic relationships. Carrie's endgame guy should have been someone more casual and funny and not super-rich, who appreciated her quirks and was honest about her flaws. That would have sent a much better message to women.

by Anonymousreply 514December 17, 2021 5:10 AM

R514 NAH!

by Anonymousreply 515December 17, 2021 5:12 AM

It's obvious that in real life a guy like Big would never go for a stunt and drama queen like Carrie. After a day working in a toxic male environment, he wouldn't want to go home to a shrill harpy who nags him about some trivial issue or get dragged into her personal drama with one of her friends. Guys like that have an obedient Stepford wife and a mistress who satisfies his kinky sex fantasies. Carrie was neither (given her issues with actual sex).

by Anonymousreply 516December 17, 2021 5:12 AM

So in reality, he'd be married to Natasha and fucking Samantha on the side.

by Anonymousreply 517December 17, 2021 5:14 AM

SATC was about the fantasy of taming a toxic masculine beast like Big. Fraus love that, see: 50 Shades of Grey.

by Anonymousreply 518December 17, 2021 5:14 AM

"In real life," "In real life," "In real life."

It's a fictional television show.

by Anonymousreply 519December 17, 2021 5:19 AM

But many real-life women modeled themselves on fictional Carrie. SATC just repeats the same old bullshit that you can change a man. You can't.

by Anonymousreply 520December 17, 2021 5:21 AM

You can't change a woman either

by Anonymousreply 521December 17, 2021 5:26 AM

In real life, Anthony would never be with an obnoxious and fug troll like Stanford

by Anonymousreply 522December 17, 2021 5:26 AM

You can't change anyone. Which is why Carrie and Big were toxic right to the end--the surprise million for Natasha shows that.

by Anonymousreply 523December 17, 2021 5:36 AM

Big was 43 in the first series so would have been 46 when he got with Natasha. She was 27. The problem was, she was bland and boring - 'beige'. The sex would have been dull. Carrie was so needy and so much in love, the sex would have hot.

Carrie was closer in age to Big than Natasha, and for real life, that is a plus. It's isolating having a partner who is 20 years younger than you; you basically grew up in different worlds.

I don't know why Big cheated on Barbara; she seemed perfect for him - accomplished, beautiful, classy and of a similar age.

I didn't think Natasha looked as good as she could have. Those thin eyebrows look very odd and dated, pus the Mom-type clothes and flat sandals. I thought she looked like Frances McDormand. But I really liked her encounter with Carrie. They both came out of it well, although it did make the drama about the bequest seem like a tempest in a teapot. Really though, Carrie shouldn't have been embarrassed at Natasha seeing her from the window; Natasha should have been. Carrie caught her out in a lie....but maybe she intended that.

Natasha came out the winner, despite Carrie having stolen her husband. Carrie is now a 56 year old widow and is likely to remain alone or with someone not too great, albeit with a ton of money. Natasha has a dream job, two children and likely has a good marriage, or if not, could still find someone.

by Anonymousreply 524December 17, 2021 5:40 AM

I sorta want to know who Natasha had her two sons with. Lol. Granted, I'm sure that hasn't even been written or considered since she only mentions her sons in passing in the coffee shop and we'll probably never see her again

by Anonymousreply 525December 17, 2021 5:41 AM

i guess I'm one of the few who always like Stanford. He always seemed fun and kind and being married to Anthony would drive anyone nuts.

by Anonymousreply 526December 17, 2021 5:43 AM

Or you stay with an equal match. A sort of pick your poison scenario.

I have only known two couples, in long term marriages that I would say really, truly loved one another. Not just got along or were compatible,I've known a number of those, but couples that I'd say really loved one another. Neither one would be up to snuff, perfect in terms of today's puritanical standards of appropriate type of relationship.

So yes, Carrie on with your fantasies of badgering your man into submission. she wasn't a good enough woman. she would have been better. she should have done this, he should have one that. great stuff. so fascinating. so much insight.

by Anonymousreply 527December 17, 2021 5:51 AM

For the love of God! Can someone please explain Stanford's clothing choices?!

by Anonymousreply 528December 17, 2021 6:03 AM

David Eigenberg still works out and is a total hottie. This old man schtick is getting old.

by Anonymousreply 529December 17, 2021 6:35 AM

All the women had flaws in the original series, but Carrie was the one who barely got reprimanded and humiliated for them. Often times we are supposed to feel sorry for her, which makes the few instances of the women or other characters calling her out for her shit all the more satisfying. But even in those cases, Carrie often comes out looking like a victim. I think the only times in the series where Carrie is honestly shown as the emotionally stunted narcissistic cretin she is, is during the Freak Show and Games People Play episodes, as well as during the brief conversation with Natasha in the What Goes Around, Comes Around episode.

I remember the episode where Carrie is doing a ' seminar ' on how to meet men, and she comes utterly unprepared for it and was completely unprofessional, and then gets roasted in front of the paying customers that came to hear her talk. But somehow the episode makes it seem like the audience and the customers were being harsh and unfair. Pretty sure Miranda says ' fuck 'em ' when Carrie whines to her on the phone about it. That really tells you all you need to know about Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 530December 17, 2021 6:49 AM

R520 exactly. The law of SATC is that "It's never Carrie's fault"

by Anonymousreply 531December 17, 2021 6:52 AM

Why didn't Natasha lock the all gender toilet cubicle door?

by Anonymousreply 532December 17, 2021 7:35 AM

And why didn't Carrie go to the toilet BEFORE buying her hot drink?

Surely you take a piss first before getting your drink, to avoid taking drink into a toilet where there is urine of all genders sprayed across the toilet seat, the flush handle. the soap dispenser, the mirror, the taps, the door handle, the door lock. I'm guessing the hand dryer would have been one of those sensor activated ones.

Where do you even stand a hot drink in an all gender toilet cubicle?

We're in a pandemic for god's sake. Clean hands are essential.

I mean I know she's grieving but COME ON CARRIE.

by Anonymousreply 533December 17, 2021 7:38 AM

Well, it is the Carrie Bradshaw show. Either you give the lead a great redemption arc or establish the lead is never wrong, even when the viewer dares to have a different opinion.

by Anonymousreply 534December 17, 2021 7:41 AM

There were a couple of times when Carrie looked really bad and she knew it - the freak show ep, when she got caught going through a hook-up's things, the time she fished out a cigarette butt from the gutter and Aiden found her sitting on the curb smoking and the single and fabulous cover. Also her bus picture where someone graffiti'd a huge dick on it.

Other times she looked horrible and selfish but unaware - definitely when she shamed Charlotte into bailing her out financially, Atlantic City on Charlotte's b'day, (imo), telling Aiden she slept with Big, the times when she excluded Stanford. I personally never judged her for sleeping with Big after he was married; I felt she had a prior claim.

by Anonymousreply 535December 17, 2021 7:42 AM

...and of course the time she hijacked Natasha's lunch expecting to be listen to and forgiven...she even drank from her glass!

R535

by Anonymousreply 536December 17, 2021 7:45 AM

"Big was 43 in the first series so would have been 46 when he got with Natasha. She was 27. The problem was, she was bland and boring - 'beige'. The sex would have been dull. Carrie was so needy and so much in love, the sex would have hot."

Carrie kept her bra on during sex. That's the subway warning poster for boring.

by Anonymousreply 537December 17, 2021 9:06 AM

When she interrupted Natasha’s lunch she was asking for forgiveness. What is wrong with that? Some of you see things that aren’t there because you let your hatred cloud your perception. Carrie did a lot of fucked up shit, and I never felt the show tried to make her always the victim, but her FRIENDS were there for her. Our friends often overlook our flaws and tell us “fuck em”.

Carrie is a fun character. For all her faults, she’s interesting and entertaining. That is why the character was so loved.

At the end of the series, Carrie moved on. BIG didn’t. He came back for her because he was jealous of her and the Russian. He pursued her. That is in keeping with men like him. As soon as she was unavailable, he was back. He thought he lost her for good. He did love her. He was toxic and an asshole, but he loved her. In the end, he chose a life with her instead of continuing his toxic shit which he seemed to be tiring of.

by Anonymousreply 538December 17, 2021 10:48 AM

She wasn't just asking for forgiveness, R538. She was forcing her presence on a woman whose life she basically destroyed, by ambushing her after stalking her. She also had an expectation of forgiveness, she thought if she just said she was sorry, that would be enough to be forgiven. The only thing that makes me think she was genuinely sorry was that after Big and Natasha broke up, she refused to see Big. perhaps she thought that once the dust had settled, they would get back together and she didn't want to prevent that. Or she may have just been very ashamed of what had happened and wanted to distance herself from it.

by Anonymousreply 539December 17, 2021 10:58 AM

R539 And? She expected forgiveness. So. Natasha KNEW, as many of you point out, Big was a serial cheater. So why the fuck wouldn’t Carrie expect forgiveness? Natasha already knew Big was previously have a affair.

by Anonymousreply 540December 17, 2021 11:05 AM

Carrie always has been and always will be a terrible person. It's like they don't even try to hide it anymore in the script. Her default is to be selfish and narcissistic. People like that are poison to anyone who is a decent person.

by Anonymousreply 541December 17, 2021 11:12 AM

R541 Terrible? Jesus H Christ. Get a grip. Fuck

by Anonymousreply 542December 17, 2021 11:22 AM

[quote] When she interrupted Natasha’s lunch she was asking for forgiveness. What is wrong with that?

Excuse me, Natasha. It's me Carrie. Never mind your lunch. Your cheating husband was fucking me and I went along with it.

I'd feel so much better if you'd, right now, do the work of forgiving me? Please? I'd feel so much better. Then you can get back to what you were doing. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 543December 17, 2021 11:27 AM

R526, Stanford was harmless and impishly amusing in a stereotypical sort of way in the series. Anthony is redeemed by a heart of gold, Stanford, even at his most benign, I don't recall ever offering any real support or solace but maybe he was good enough as an enabler for Carrie. But in this series, he is dreadful. A total asshole. The show is not affected by the absence of the character.

Last night was so beige I found myself wishing for Lisa Todd Wexler to pop up.

by Anonymousreply 544December 17, 2021 11:49 AM

In real life, Anthony would have some male version of Charlotte, whose friends would tolerate Anthony and wish he would go away.

Carrie is basically a voyeur, one ho may wince, but can't look away because otherwise she wouldn't have a column. But she got squeamish with the bi younger guy and never tested any real limits, unlike her friends who crossed boundaries of age, religion, social class, sexuality, etc. She watched them but never really could do any of that herself. Even Charlotte was more adventurous in her personal life. Carrie really doesn't know what to do in that stupid podcast where they should have cast her as the traditionalist harpy and been done with it.

I recently saw an obit for someone I knew well enough to know that he was a serial cheater. He was from a WASPy background, born in the Midwest not far from me, brought up in one of the more upscale Westchester suburbs and became very prominent in his field, with a string of genuine accomplishments. There was reference to his wife as the love of his life and, of course, many of us wondered what if anything was true in that sentence. Big seems cut from that kind of cloth and, as others have noted, there is pact in that world particularly in an older generation. If the trophy wife get him instead of the long suffering first one, she might get fidelity but mostly because of exhaustion.

by Anonymousreply 545December 17, 2021 12:33 PM

If the money to Natasha goes anywhere maybe it will be interesting. I am not quite sure what the point of Big's bequest was nor the two of them crossing paths again. Nothing new came of it. She didn't really reflect with her friends on the ambiguity of the bequest. She did a bit with Natasha but that was more out of shock. The structural flaw with these scripts is they don't probe where they go. Things just happen. Carrie is one of the most humanly flawed characters around right now but she doesn't reflect and she doesn't learn. It's kind of modern day emotional Perils of Pauline - there's a new set every week but whatever.

What is the point of Brenda Vaccaro? Does she need health insurance? Is this a pity part? What was up with the will reading lawyer? Why that distraction?

I have a hard time imagining all these weird writing and plot choices are going to be revealed in some intersecting creative masterplan. Writing by checklist.

by Anonymousreply 546December 17, 2021 12:43 PM

The Carrie/Natasha confrontation scene was great and both actresses were good in it (btw, why didn't Bridget become a bigger star?). But it's quite a stretch having that chance encounter in that one bathroom amongst the thousands in the NYC.

by Anonymousreply 547December 17, 2021 12:53 PM

They should take an A Christmas Carol approach a revisit all the characters they've fucked over as during all those years in Mehattan.

"And just like that it hit me: had we been total bitches for forty years?"

by Anonymousreply 548December 17, 2021 1:00 PM

[quote]All the women had flaws in the original series, but Carrie was the one who barely got reprimanded and humiliated for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549December 17, 2021 1:00 PM

It's fine if people don't learn or grow--Seinfeld demonstrated that and shows like MASH showed what was wrong learning and growing. The problem is that Carrie is the center of the show, the "everywoman" and she she should grow and learn a little bit or at least come to tolerate what she can't learn and gain some humor about herself. Instead, we have writers putting her into situations that make no sense. Natasha has no trouble intuiting Big's motive and moving on. Carrie will be allowed to obsess further if the writers run out of ideas for her.

by Anonymousreply 550December 17, 2021 1:01 PM

I liked this episode a lot...until it got to the unbearable Che routine and I had to leave the room from second-hand embarrassment

by Anonymousreply 551December 17, 2021 1:06 PM

"The Danish show that everyone says is confusing but worth it."

Does anyone know if this line referred to a real show? I hate that it sounds like something I'd enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 552December 17, 2021 1:22 PM

It basically describes every Danish show on Netflix. They call it Nordic Noir. If you got on Netflix you pretty much hit the mark with any crime show from Finland, Denmark, Sweden or Norway. I've loved 'em all but some of them are hardcore. Your run of the mill murder doesn't seem to happen alot in Scandinavia. They have dark imaginations about how to kill somebody.

by Anonymousreply 553December 17, 2021 1:28 PM

Thank you, R553! I'll have to look into it. I watched the first season of the Finnish show All The Sins and enjoyed it, so it's good to know Netflix has a trove of them.

by Anonymousreply 554December 17, 2021 1:34 PM

Che is being portrayed like some groundbreaking character. They are rocking Miranda’s world. But they just annoy and exhaust me.

by Anonymousreply 555December 17, 2021 1:47 PM

Che would have been groundbreaking 29 years ago. Might still have been notable 10 years ago. Now she seems to represent a poverty ofthe writers' imaginations.

by Anonymousreply 556December 17, 2021 1:50 PM

20, not 29 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 557December 17, 2021 1:51 PM

The very idea that horsewoman would ever be on a runway is hysterical. Thanks for that clip.

by Anonymousreply 558December 17, 2021 2:09 PM

To think, if Ellen launched her career today she'd be a trans non binary gender queer folx.

Or rather they would be.

by Anonymousreply 559December 17, 2021 2:16 PM

I like that Anthony’s response to Rose not wanting to be a girl was telling Charlotte “she’s young, it’s probably just a phase” and “remember when she wanted to be a dog”.

It’s a real life, unfiltered response, very true to the character and I am surprised there hasn’t been major tantrum throwing over this yet.

by Anonymousreply 560December 17, 2021 2:34 PM

[quote] But as the series wore on and we all got a little older, didn’t most of us realise that Miranda was the one to be? Capable, drily funny, and with a wardrobe of clothes that an actual grown-up would wear. Most of all, she was smart.

No, I didn’t want to be Miranda. She was insecure, snobbish bitter and rude. Her clothing has always been awful.

The difference now is that she is too optimistic and earnest. IRL she’s be even more of a sour cunt in her 50s.

by Anonymousreply 561December 17, 2021 2:38 PM

R554... I have a brain like a sieve so I can't remember many titles but I will look at my Netflix list because I've watched 'em all... I just love that dark shit (and I'm probably overstating it the extent of the darkness... it's a spectrum.) I will start another thread called Nordic Noir.

by Anonymousreply 562December 17, 2021 3:03 PM

As I'm rewatching the original I'm realizing I missed how fucking annoying Charlotte was. What was the non-stop husband hunting? Now she's married to Trey and acting like a lunatic trying to get knocked up. She was a screaming harpy on one episode and caused a scene at a social function. No way would she have been friends with the other three. Yeah, I know it's a show.

by Anonymousreply 563December 17, 2021 3:30 PM

Episode 3 was MUCH better then the first 2. But Carrie lost me with that stupid gingham blouse/picnic basket purse combo. Was it supposed to be some reference to the wizard of oz?

by Anonymousreply 564December 17, 2021 4:05 PM

R560, I actually thought Anthony gave Charlotte good advice. Why can’t parents just let kids be who they are? Why do parents have to turn it into a big drama? Let her wear boy’s clothes if she wants. I really don’t get it.

Then again my family is full of women who have been successful in male-dominated fields, eschewed marriage and kids, fucked who they wanted to, etc. I suppose they probably identify more with men. But what does it mean to “feel like a girl” anyway? If the show is willing to have THAT conversation, it might be something new.

by Anonymousreply 565December 17, 2021 4:20 PM

Well Rose, Mommy doesn't always feel like a girl either.

Do you want to see a photo of Mommy when she was a slutty 30something and did drag?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566December 17, 2021 4:28 PM

I just watched ep. 3. “Have you ever been shotgunned?”

God.

I also just realized there’s minimal Carrie narration.

They should hire him back and Samantha can do the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 567December 17, 2021 4:59 PM

Without Samantha, the show seems weirdly unbalanced

by Anonymousreply 568December 17, 2021 6:36 PM

R567 their dialogue is shit teenagers say. Fucking ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 569December 17, 2021 6:36 PM

I hope all the writers for this season are fired and shipped to Antarctica where the only warmth they will ever feel will be from the icy admonishing gaze of Roxane Gay.

by Anonymousreply 570December 17, 2021 6:40 PM

Don't give up your day job R570

by Anonymousreply 571December 17, 2021 8:00 PM

R554:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572December 17, 2021 9:14 PM

The trans stuff is ruining this show. Che’s comedy is never funny, and instead comes across like a GLAAD lecture. But the women just nod along like it’s the best thing they’ve ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 573December 17, 2021 10:44 PM

R573 Ham-fisted moral lecturing has now replaced comedy. No laughing, just nod in agreement.....

by Anonymousreply 574December 17, 2021 10:53 PM

R452 you ought to consider charging Trump rent for living in your head for so long rent free

by Anonymousreply 575December 17, 2021 10:55 PM

Ты очень забавный, R575!

by Anonymousreply 576December 17, 2021 10:59 PM

And just like that, R576 ruins thread.

by Anonymousreply 577December 17, 2021 11:05 PM

Unclench, R577. Maybe someone will finally fuck you for the first time since Eisenhower was the President.

by Anonymousreply 578December 17, 2021 11:07 PM

R576=basement dwelling INCEL with limited purview and unlimited 5th grade level insults

by Anonymousreply 579December 17, 2021 11:15 PM

Ok Samantha, at R578. Recycled joke from when you let the burglar into your building.

by Anonymousreply 580December 18, 2021 12:48 AM

I wouldn't want to be any of them, from the original or this one. I always did and do find them basically disgusting people. I would however like to have the money they seemed to have always had and I wouldn't mind having Carrie and Big's closets.

by Anonymousreply 581December 18, 2021 2:03 AM

That fat ugly Mexican bulldyke isn't the least bit funny.

by Anonymousreply 582December 18, 2021 2:29 AM

"The very idea that horsewoman would ever be on a runway is hysterical. Thanks for that clip. "

In the episode, it's explained that it's a benefit fashion show with a "mix of models and everyday people" - Carrie being one of the everyday people. Carrie expressed multiple times in the peisode that she thinks she doesn't belong there, even though she's not supposed to be one of the "models."

by Anonymousreply 583December 18, 2021 4:14 AM

The runway show was one of the few times that she seemed to identify as something resembling a real writer.

by Anonymousreply 584December 18, 2021 4:16 AM

So true, R544. Sorry to say Stanford won't be missed. It's as if they made Anthony more likeable and Stanford boorish.

Found myself fast-forwarding again. The show is just missing some of its old energy.

P.S. The podcast sucks, dump it. And, not back to the old apartment. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 585December 18, 2021 4:34 AM

This is the episode where I started to despise Carrie. Let her try that shit with Big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586December 18, 2021 5:10 AM

They need to dump the podcast, Sara Ramirez and the old apartment, ugh. Not interested in the sex lives or opinions of spectacularly ugly people. More Anthony, Susan Sharon, and shocking revelations about Big, please. Would be great to see Enid, Smith, Berger, and Petrovsky.

by Anonymousreply 587December 18, 2021 5:28 AM

They all will have a new brown friend, there is a non binary character, Miranda will go lesbian, and Charlotte's daughter wants to be a boy. They hit BINGO in the woke card.

by Anonymousreply 588December 18, 2021 6:06 AM

[quote] The Carrie/Natasha confrontation scene was great and both actresses were good in it (btw, why didn't Bridget become a bigger star?)

Eh. Why does this Bridge Moneyhands even exist? She’s also a fat loser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589December 18, 2021 6:07 AM

Sara Ramirez is terrible and Aiden is so boring I was hoping we would be spared of him.

by Anonymousreply 590December 18, 2021 6:07 AM

[quote]why didn't Bridget become a bigger star?

Because she elected to park her ass on that awful show on Friday nights targeted at the Deplorables. I forget the name. But it is very difficult to become a star when your fandom is comprised entirely of Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 591December 18, 2021 6:14 AM

You'd do the same if it guaranteed your security and livelihood for the your life, r591.

And, please, do not forget who was the first highly visible sports superstar to hugely and frankly ENDORSE Trump by unapologetically wearing a MAGA hat at interviews. We were told he stopped only when his Brazilian wife prevailed upon him, reminding of endorsements to be lost and the potential blow to his reputation.

by Anonymousreply 592December 18, 2021 6:27 AM

I once read that good writers and directors never show something if it doesn't have some later plot point. With this in mind, was there a point to the altercation between Gloria and Stanford at the funeral other than to show Stanford as a dick? Like Gloria has some secret knowledge or relationship with Big that is yet to be revealed? It just seemed a little too drawn out.

Or am I expecting too much too think there are good writers and directors involved here?

by Anonymousreply 593December 18, 2021 6:48 AM

^livelihood for the rest of...

by Anonymousreply 594December 18, 2021 6:50 AM

R571 - What a stupid comment. R570's post was clever.

People who say "Don't give up your day job" usually are devoid of any creativity themselves and go through life jealous of other people.

by Anonymousreply 595December 18, 2021 3:38 PM

Uh oh, we’re getting close to the dreaded 600 posts. New thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596December 18, 2021 3:45 PM

Previous thread, and an oh, dear from me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597December 18, 2021 3:46 PM

Geez, a double oh, dear from me at r597.

by Anonymousreply 598December 18, 2021 3:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599December 18, 2021 4:14 PM

There isn't a decent version of the proper video on YouTube but this guy's sweetness was MY weakness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600December 18, 2021 4:18 PM

next thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 18, 2021 5:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!