Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Datalounge 2020 Awards

Now that the end of the year is coming.....

What gets your award for best thread of the year?

Worst thread?

Best story?

Worst story?

Best post and worst post?

Best and worst posters?

by Anonymousreply 52December 26, 2020 1:37 AM

Funniest Thread: A toss-up between What's My Datalounge Line? and Happy New Year from me, Bea Benederet (name misspelled by OP in true DL fashion). Honorable mention: all of the Helen Lawson threads.

Best Sexy Thread: Post Pictures of Hot Gay/Bi Guys, Parts 1-4. Honorable mention: Here is a hairy chest for us to discuss.

Worst Poster: 2015 Troll

Best Poster: Everyone else!

Happy 2021, Datalounge! It can't come too soon! (just like all of us)

by Anonymousreply 1December 23, 2020 7:21 PM

Agree that the 2015 thread bumper is the worst poster

Best thread: The Datalounge Bad Art Museum

by Anonymousreply 2December 23, 2020 7:26 PM

I think the Bea Benaderet thread started in 2018 or earlier, not this year.

by Anonymousreply 3December 23, 2020 7:55 PM

But, like Bea, it is still going on -albeit seasonally.

by Anonymousreply 4December 23, 2020 7:59 PM

Who was crowned Pound Cake Queen this year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2020 8:08 PM

Most clinically insane award goes to: The Timothy Chamalet/Armie Hammer obsessive/compulsives.

by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2020 8:13 PM

Best Thread: To the one that started the thread about monkeys the look like Nanette Fabray. Where else but here would you find that?

Not worst, but oddest: The postings about Janeane Garofalo's hair and wigs. That poster seems to be able to work Miss G's hair into postings about favorite cookie recipes. Fascinating little mind.

by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2020 9:12 PM

I am big. It's the posts that got small! I

by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2020 9:15 PM

The Nanette Fabray monkey was years ago but I’m still okay with her winning for 2020.

by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2020 9:18 PM

I've enjoyed the egg salad/tuna salad recipe debates and threads this year.

by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2020 9:19 PM

The Trump nickname series was fun

by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2020 10:44 PM

Best thread of year -- Naya Rivera thread(s)

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2020 10:49 PM

HAVE THEY CHECKED THE CABINS????????????

YES!!!! The Naya Rivera threads for the WIN!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 13December 23, 2020 11:10 PM

Canadian Nazi Twink Murderers

Chris Watts.

by Anonymousreply 14December 23, 2020 11:17 PM

[quote]Funniest Thread: A toss-up between What's My Datalounge Line? and Happy New Year from me, Bea Benederet (name misspelled by OP in true DL fashion).

I'd like to thank all you fat whores, shopbottoms, and all you wonderful DLers out there in the dark.

Though I suppose I'm not the first person at Datalounge to FUCK his way to the top ...

by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2020 11:27 PM

^

"What's My Datalounge Line?" creator

by Anonymousreply 16December 23, 2020 11:27 PM

I think my favourite thread of the year was the one started by a paranoid nutcase about the Freemasons and the replies were filled with posts about gay fave dance music duo Freemasons. The nutcases tried continuing their discussion but eventually gave up in the face of such camp disco opposition.

It was very lovely.

by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2020 11:32 PM

Honorable mention to the continuing series of Tasteful Friends

by Anonymousreply 18December 23, 2020 11:36 PM

Lesbian Cruise

by Anonymousreply 19December 23, 2020 11:43 PM

Fucking yes to the 2015 Troll! The absolute worst.

by Anonymousreply 20December 23, 2020 11:45 PM

Slurred alkie speech. Yellowed teeth cracked lips she licks grizzled mullet in only moodshadow. Fingers hard n cracked dirt caked. She wheezes at the head of a sow’s cunt then chokes n rasps “yurr snatch taste sweete”. Dark lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 21December 23, 2020 11:50 PM

To Vairst Letty, for keeping us entertained

by Anonymousreply 22December 24, 2020 12:45 AM

Love/Hate Award to: The GarofaloAholic

Best Thread: ‘Let’s Be ‘Patsy Ramsey, Formerly of Boulder, CO: The Musical’’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 24, 2020 12:49 AM

Best thread of the year: Roxane Gay is EXHAUSTED with Nancy Pelosi's fatphobia

Worst thread: Trump will win

Best story: Georgia Youth Pastor Charged With Solicitation Of Sodomy After Reporting He Was Robbed And Kidnapped

Worst story: Trump Plans a Coup

Best post: (On Roxanne Gay) Roxane Gay is EXHAUSTING —And fat

Worst post: The "Welp Troll" troll insisting that Shawn is not gay and is covered in Camilla Cabello's pussy juice

Best poster: Yetta Miller in the DL Icon Melissa Beth Miller thread

Worst poster: The "Welp Troll" troll, though the 2015 bump troll is a close second

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 24, 2020 2:18 AM

I don't expect to be named best anything, but I've had plenty of DLers who wouldn't dare post it here tell me on twitter that they like my posts.

by Anonymousreply 25December 24, 2020 2:24 AM

Best Thread(s): I love the movie ones - The Great Gatsby, Working Girl, The Color Purple, The Grifters. The movie discussions on DL are great. The Max Gail threads (who knew Max Gail would get TWO threads in 2020? Go Max!)

Worst Thread(s): Aaron Schock is whoring himself in (insert destination). It's not so much the threads, just the person they're about.

Best Poster: Darfur Orphan Worst Poster: Jabba; M & G (tired, SO tired).

And my personal awards:

Person of the Year:  Frontline Workers.  Where would we be without them?  Runner-ups:  President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, Zendaya, Catherine O'Hara.

Loser of the Year:  Trump.  Runner-ups:  Ivanka and Jared.

Collective Losers of the Year: Anti-maskers/Chin diaper wearers; Runner-ups: businesses who refused to pay frontline staff premium pay, or quickly took it away although the virus itself didn't go away.

The "Please Go Away" Award:  Armie Hammer, Harry and Meghan, Madonna, Kanye and Kim Kardashian, the Kardashians in general, Trump, Ivanka and Jared, Aaron Schock.

Cunt of the Year:  Kirk Cameron.   Runner up: Gina Carano

Most Tragic Celebrity of the Year:  Madonna.  From "fried fish" to her sad birthday celebrations in Jamaica where everybody looked like they were waiting for checks to clear in addition to wanting to go back to their (free) hotel rooms, or her lounging in her bathtub with her scary face, Madonna has become pitiful to watch. This can't be the Queen of Pop.

Biggest Takedown of a Celebrity: Lea Michele by Samantha Ware. Ware not only called Michele out on her hypocrisy re: Black Lives Matter, she opened the floodgates of everybody who had been bullied or wronged by Michele.

Most Insufferable Celebrity:  Elliott Page.  Runner ups:  Sam Smith, Demi & Max's "engagement"

Best Celebrity on Twitter:  (tie) Dan Rather and Dionne Warwick  Runner-up:  Bette Midler.

Worst Celebrity on Twitter: Babs. I love Babs but she is not witty or clever on social media. Bette always outshines her, especially re: Trump.

Album of the Year:  Kylie Minogue - Disco

Song of the Year:  The Weeknd - Blinding Lights.  Fuck the Grammys.

Pop Star of the Year:  Dua Lipa.  She made pop music fun again. Runner up: Kylie Minogue.  Same as Dua.

Blandest Pop Star:  Shawn Mendes.  His protestations of not being gay, his bearding with Camila, and flop album =  dull, joyless, and uninteresting.

Movie of the Year:  We didn't go to the movies.

Most ill-advised COVID-19 video:  Gal Gadot & Friends singing "Imagine".  Read the room, folks.

Biggest loss:  Alex Trebek:  He was in our homes for over 30 years.  Jeopardy will never be the same without him. Nick Cordero. Just tragic.

Most polarizing celebrities on DL:  Beyonce, Dan Levy, John Boyega, Madonna, Janet, Meryl Streep. Zendaya.

Blu Ray Release of the Year:  Friday the 13th from Scream Factory.  Runner ups:  The Complete Films of Agnes Varda (Criterion). Moonstruck (Criterion), Daughters of Darkness (Blue Underground).

by Anonymousreply 26December 24, 2020 2:41 AM

The orchestra started playing at chin diaper wearers, R26. The rules clearly state that speeches be limited to 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 27December 24, 2020 2:47 AM

Best thread: Two Fat Daddies Adopt a Son on Zoom

by Anonymousreply 28December 24, 2020 2:52 AM

r24, I had forgotten about the youth pastor. That was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 29December 24, 2020 2:55 AM

[Bold] DL ICON OF THE YEAR IS ANTI-MASKER ALBINO " GIMMIE MY KEYS " KAREN! *** THE WINNER!!!!!! ***

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 24, 2020 3:05 AM

Special Mention: Lucy's return to television!

by Anonymousreply 31December 24, 2020 3:06 AM

The "Mary, Please" award for saddest closet case: Lindsey Graham

Runner-Up: Shawn Mendes

by Anonymousreply 32December 24, 2020 3:10 AM

Tramp of the Year: Lily James. Girl gets around.

by Anonymousreply 33December 24, 2020 3:11 AM

I second and third R6.

by Anonymousreply 34December 24, 2020 3:13 AM

I'm going to second R28. That thread had just about everything.

by Anonymousreply 35December 24, 2020 3:15 AM

It must be indicative of my outsider status, but I read few of the threads mentioned.

Why can't I be with the fun kids?

by Anonymousreply 36December 24, 2020 3:21 AM

I think the worst troll is the lower case, multiple threads a day, bizarre scenarios troll

by Anonymousreply 37December 24, 2020 3:23 AM

Heartily agreed R37. It's due to start up in a couple of hours. Always around the same time of the day. Wonder what sort of horseshit we are going to get today?

by Anonymousreply 38December 24, 2020 3:34 AM

Brendad Ickson simply MUST be given an honorable mention. Including a well-deserved nod to her impressive use of the English language and enviable Photoshop skills.

"Well, hello!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 24, 2020 3:39 AM

That was a classic R28. So wrong but so funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 24, 2020 5:05 AM

I also nominate DL ICON OF THE YEAR IS ANTI-MASKER ALBINO " GIMMIE MY KEYS " KAREN! *** THE WINNER!!!!!! *** Runner-up: Vairst Leddy.

by Anonymousreply 41December 24, 2020 6:10 AM

Best Thread Titles: The series of COVID posts with songs names. Really funny.

by Anonymousreply 42December 24, 2020 6:26 AM

Poosey.

by Anonymousreply 43December 24, 2020 8:30 AM

I was extremely tickled by the "I am in love with Dan Levy" thread from the summer where an alleged European DLer named "Frenchie" was posting constantly, potentially stalking Levy at his summer place in Canada, repeatedly demanding someone fix the two of them up and then mysteriously up and disappeared off the face of the earth. (or was psych hospitalized. or arrested).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 24, 2020 7:45 PM

Frenchie was even more insipid than GermanGayGuy and Ernst.

Stupid fake characters.

by Anonymousreply 45December 24, 2020 8:06 PM

The "I had sex with so-and-so on the coast of the Atlantic" troll wins for worst troll

by Anonymousreply 46December 24, 2020 8:19 PM

[quote]I think the Bea Benaderet thread started in 2018 or earlier, not this year.

I checked again -- it actually started in 2012! It's almost 10 years old!

by Anonymousreply 47December 24, 2020 11:42 PM

The I'll Be Gone in the Dark thread about the frau Michelle McNamara made me laugh

by Anonymousreply 48December 25, 2020 12:11 AM

R7 Ah thank you so much.

by Anonymousreply 49December 25, 2020 1:05 AM

Any thread that is still alive on Datalounge after eight years is worthy of an award, R47!

by Anonymousreply 50December 25, 2020 3:19 AM

How on earth did I miss the adopted kid on Zoom thread? BEANBLOSSOM, my god.

by Anonymousreply 51December 25, 2020 3:23 AM

The Datalounge Film Noir Festival thread was a lot of fun

by Anonymousreply 52December 26, 2020 1:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!