Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roxane Gay is EXHAUSTED with Nancy Pelosi's fatphobia

[quote]You let fat people know what you really think of us when you use that odious man as cover for fatphobia. He is horrible and fat but he is not horrible because he is fat. Tired of having to say this.

Roxane is TIRED of doing YOUR emotional labor, Speaker Pelosi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273December 24, 2020 11:39 PM

Roxane, take a walk.

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2020 4:00 AM

She’s dumb. He is morbidly obese.

I guess she didn’t understand it was said specifically to piss him off.

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2020 4:03 AM

What are her creepy dark circles under her eyes?

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2020 4:05 AM

[quote] He is horrible and fat but he is not horrible because he is fat. Tired of having to say this.

Just making up things that Nancy never said.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2020 4:05 AM

Pelosi was saying his chance of having bad reactions from the weird drug he's taking are multiplied because he's obese, and she's correct.

There's nothing Roxane can say that will change that fact.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2020 4:06 AM

Fat people hate hearing the truth about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2020 4:07 AM

Oh go read the responses, even during a pandemic mental illness and delusion need to sing!

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2020 4:07 AM

Roxane Gay's entire persona is being exhausted at everyone else for supposedly doing the wrong thing, rather than using her words to encourage people, and understanding nuance. I wanted to like her when I first heard about her, I really did, I had heard a lot of good things about her. But her behaviour can be really off-putting. She's notorious online for using her profile to try and cancel other people, she's always mistaken about what those people have done, and she has had to give several half-hearted apologies (and half the time she ignores this entirely, and pretends she was never part of the pile up). There's something very "mean girls" about her. And it's baffling to me that a 40+ year old author and academic so often behaves like a 14 year old school girl.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2020 4:07 AM

[quote]Linda_MHWine glassHoneybee🏛👬🏻 To be fair......she used the medical term morbidity obese that doctors use

[quote] Sarah- WhaleSpouting @notsailingalone Yes, there is fat phobia in medicine too.

Goodness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2020 4:08 AM

Has to stand next to elephants to look slimmer.

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2020 4:09 AM

Roxane Gay is EXHAUSTING

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2020 4:12 AM

R8 Yeah she's a counterproductive cunt riding the (faux) social justice wave. She's totally aware of the power she wields over the hivemind. She's one of the worst examples neckbeards/incels/libertarians can cherrypick as reasons why gays, everyone who isn't white and women should go back to knowing their place. I know for a fact this absurd harpy does not follow her own pronouncements in her actual day to day life-- she just likes the power.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2020 4:16 AM

Also, based on what I've seen of Roxane Gay's debating style, give her an hour and she'll be arguing the very opposite of her own opinion, with that same world-weary, "I can't believe I still have to explain this to you" tone that she always adopts.

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2020 4:16 AM

[quote]being exhausted at everyone else for supposedly doing the wrong thing, rather than using her words to encourage people

This, in a nutshell, is what's wrong with seemingly all of today's "movement leaders."

Well said, R8.

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2020 4:17 AM

Well, she looks it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2020 4:19 AM

She’s jealous of Nancy’s fast metabolism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2020 4:21 AM

She may be exhausted, but it isn’t from exercise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2020 4:22 AM

Where's zombie Joan Rivers with the fat jokes when we really need her?

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2020 4:24 AM

According to a tweet she posted in regards to the Nike plus sized mannequins (I think), Roxane works out 6 days a week.

Which, just, no. That's surely not possible? I'm not even trying to make fun, I just think that simply cannot be true in any way, shape or form, surely.

Thanks R12 and R14, it's nice to know it's not just me who thinks so. When you see everyone else unquestionably drinking in everything people like Gay say online, it feels so weird. The weirdest thing though is when Gay makes a brief, contentious statement and someone will innocently say: "So that's interesting, but I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. I really want to be a good ally, can you explain further, or post a link so I can read more?" and Gay and all her followers will pile on to this person, horrified they asked someone to explain themselves. Literally: "She shouldn't have to explain herself to you!" What? If you make a controversial statement, you surely should be able to, and in the line of work she's in, WANT to, back it up?

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2020 4:29 AM

[quote]The weirdest thing though is when Gay makes a brief, contentious statement and someone will innocently say: "So that's interesting, but I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. I really want to be a good ally, can you explain further, or post a link so I can read more?" and Gay and all her followers will pile on to this person, horrified they asked someone to explain themselves. Literally: "She shouldn't have to explain herself to you!"

"She's not HERE to do YOUR emotional labor, sis."

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2020 4:34 AM

Maybe she'd be less exhausted all the time if she'd exercise a little more and eat a little less.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2020 4:34 AM

Fat people are about the only group of people who can actually DO something about their disability. I have no sympathy for them when they are fat shamed. It’s not like making fun of someone with a birth defect. Put the Cheetos down and join a gym, fatass.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2020 4:35 AM

R20 oh my god, haha! That's it, exactly!

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2020 4:36 AM

She's right, though.

People pile on because it's easy and still totally acceptable to make fun of fat people, as displayed by 97 percent of the DL threads. (Of which I am guilty as well, seeing how many times I have written "You fat whore!")

But Roxane isn't wrong. And we, the culture, do it all the time.

Chris Christie is awful because he's awful, not because he's fat. Same with Trump. Same with [fill in the blank].

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2020 4:37 AM

R24 So people can’t bring up his weight issue because it hurts fattie’s feelings?

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2020 4:39 AM

I remember a few years back when she posted a story about lecturing a McDonald’s worker about gender who asked if she wanted a boys or girls toy with her happy meal and she got her ass kicked by everyone.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2020 4:40 AM

And it's just as easy to call people "skinny" or "weak," which Trump does.

And it's just as easy to call people "nervous" or "crazy," which Trump does.

And no one raises hell about that.

I'm a skinny person with depression and anxiety. Where's my Twitter backlash?

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2020 4:40 AM

R24 Pelosi did not say Trump was awful because he's fat. She's NOT right because she FABRICATED and twisted Pelosi's statement into something that it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2020 4:41 AM

R24 is a Bernie Bro who is on record saying he/she would rather vote for Trump than Biden. So, I don’t give a fuck what that twat troll says.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2020 4:41 AM

R29 Oh really fuck that cunt then and FF!

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2020 4:42 AM

Any way you slice it, obesity IS a growing problem.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2020 4:42 AM

Insecure fat people are exhausting to be around.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2020 4:43 AM

"Exhausted"? Too much pie, Fatty: that's your problem!

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2020 4:49 AM

R12 just to add, the whole "knowing your place" thing by those types you mentioned seems to be pretty much the same thing as the "stay in your lane" mantra from people like Roxane, which is rather amusing. I remember she once got criticised for telling people to stay in their lane (because it quite frankly sounds segregationist), in an article she had written, and her response was along the lines of: "Sigh. I shouldn't have to keep saying this, but when you stay in your own lane, you can make new lanes." All her followers were like: "Preach!" But it doesn't really make sense. Can you make new lanes by staying in your own lane? Do you make new lanes by mixing with another's lane? But then the problem is you're then venturing into someone else's lane. I can't bear that whole concept.

I'd sometimes think I'd like her to have a go at me about something, as someone who presents white but is actually a bit of a mutt. It might be amusing to see the circles into which she might argue herself.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2020 5:01 AM

^Just to add, by 'I can't bear that whole concept', I'm referring to the concept of "stay in your lane", not the concept of mixing. Just in case it reads wrong. I don't even know how I have a "lane" personally, but if I did, well, you're all invited! 😊

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2020 5:04 AM

Buy my book! A girl's gotta eat!

roxane gay @rgay

Buy Hunger!

Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body

From the New York Times bestselling author of Bad Feminist: a searingly honest memoir of food, weight, self-image, and learning how to feed your hunger while taking care of yourself.“

12:10 AM · May 19, 2020·Twitter Web App 19 Retweets 242 Likes

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2020 5:05 AM

[quote] as someone who presents white but is actually a bit of a mutt

Yikes. A little introspection is always healthy without resorting to Roxane Gay level SJW'ery.

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2020 5:05 AM

Roxane is right.

Pelosi is a nasty woman.

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2020 5:07 AM

R38 = Eric Trump

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2020 5:10 AM

R37 I know it's not your job to educate me (hahaha 😉), but can you explain that? I wasn't intending to sound along those lines at all, could just be a cultural difference maybe? (I'm not American). My point was more that I've noticed people like her are always calling out "yts" on Twitter, and I believe if I disagreed with a position she took, it would be dismissed as being from a white person because of the way I look, but actually my DNA is really from all over the place. There's a sort of hypocrisy I feel with people like that her decry racism, and then dismiss others due to their perceived race. If I'm making any sense?

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2020 5:10 AM

^WHO decry racism, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2020 5:11 AM

And in addition, what lane do I belong to? It's just a ridiculous concept all up, I feel.

by Anonymousreply 42May 19, 2020 5:12 AM

Those of you defending Nancy's choice of words here, are absolutely being fat-phobic.

There are a million other insults she could have used, to make the same point.

Why she chose to target a physical attribute, is what makes this bullying.

Personally, I don't care if she bullies trump, because he himself is a bully.

What I do have a problem with, is her using weight as a weapon.

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2020 5:12 AM

Everyone is so sensitive these days. “Boo hoo, he bruised my emotions.”

by Anonymousreply 44May 19, 2020 5:17 AM

R43 You have no problem with her bringing up his older age only the obesity? Pick out the panties bunched up in your shitty ass.

by Anonymousreply 45May 19, 2020 5:18 AM

Older age?

by Anonymousreply 46May 19, 2020 5:19 AM

can we come up with a better word than fatphobia?

by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2020 5:21 AM

There's nothing wrong with what Nancy said. People who are bitching about it are projecting.

Merely mentioning someone is clinically morbidly obese and is in a "high risk" category for the novel coronavirus is not "fatphobic".

Roxane is pissed because she doesn't like people mentioning other people's weight in a negative manner, but she totally ignores the context in order to be "exhausted" and feel self-righteous and make it about the body acceptance movement, as she often does.

She has that SJW "DO BETTER" attitude that is so condescending and off-putting it often creates the exact opposite result of what they claim to want. But, they don't want people's minds to actually change. They want to bully and ridicule and "cancel" them into doing what they want, no matter what it is at the time or how contradictory it is. It's about power, in other words.

by Anonymousreply 48May 19, 2020 5:28 AM

R44, as each year passes, I become more and more convinced that the vast majority of people out there really get off on being thought of as a victim in somehow. Not to BE one, but have others think they have it the worst. I guess to get sympathy and attention? I live with someone like that, to borrow from Roxane, it is rather exhausting. I'll never forget just after a mutual friend had her first miscarriage and was understandably upset, this girl said to me: "At least she knows she can GET pregnant; I don't know if I can!" despite always professing to never want children. Didn't even seem to consider how that would sound at that moment.

by Anonymousreply 49May 19, 2020 5:28 AM

R48, perfectly put! It's all about scolding other people. And their arguments are always contradictory and ahistorical too. It's funny, but they talk a lot about tone policing, and it's usually THEIR tone that puts people off wanting to engage with them.

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2020 5:31 AM

Oh the wokeratti on twitter are having a field day with this one. We need to be more like the rethugs in that they DO NOT EAT THEIR OWN. The SJWs are spending an inordinate amount of time policing everyone's "fatphobia" tonight.

by Anonymousreply 51May 19, 2020 5:35 AM

There are so many worse things about Trump than his obesity, but in this case, Nancy was making a point related to his weight. Also, he is not afraid to nickname people after their physical attributes so I don’t really care who insults him.

Roxane Gay is so fucking exhausting. All a white man has to do is sit next to her on a plane and she will find enough fault with his existence to set off a tweet storm. I admit I follow her for the drama she brings on herself and the sycophants who echo and praise her every word. It must be miserable to be Roxane Gay, constantly looking for new things to be offended by.

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2020 5:39 AM

Alright, look here cunts.

I am neither fat nor old, but I can obviously see bias when it's right in front of me.

Why is it that you can't talk about ANYONE or ANYTHING these days, without the cancel culture trying to bring people down.

You're trans-phobic! You're a misogynist! #metoo! You're Racist! You're a Russian troll! No meat! No dairy!!!

But fat people? It's always open season on them. No hashtags, no cancellations.

Just laughter and jeers.

You people really need to examine yourselves, and figure out why you think it's okay to hate on fat people, but anyone else is off-limits.

Fucking assholes.

by Anonymousreply 53May 19, 2020 5:50 AM

For that reason you ended with R52, it surprises me not at all that Roxane Gay is friends with Randa Jarrar. Very similar personalities. And I feel that unfortunately so much of this behaviour wears on people until they can't distinguish between serious issues that need addressing and the noise, and so everything ends up getting ignored.

by Anonymousreply 54May 19, 2020 5:56 AM

Roxane is the new Andrea dworkin.

by Anonymousreply 55May 19, 2020 6:00 AM

Fat is inherently unhealthy.

Gay is not inherently unhealthy. Black, or Hispanic, or Native American is not inherently unhealthy.

Lying is inherently unhealthy.

Lying about a potentially fatal unapproved drug when you're president of the United States is unconscionable, and it deserves ANY degree of shade necessary to point it out.

by Anonymousreply 56May 19, 2020 6:01 AM

R3

Could be from malnutrition or overall poor health. I wouldn't be surprised if Gay is one of those obese women who won't go to the doctor because the doctor will tell them to lose weight.

R19

It's entirely possible to get a lot of exercise and still be fat. You just need to compensate with increased calories, which is what a lot of obese people wind up doing when they try to lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 57May 19, 2020 6:04 AM

[quote] Fat is inherently unhealthy.

Being large/fat/big-boned or whatever you want to call it, can ALSO be hereditary.

But of course no one wants to believe it, because it's so much easier to just laugh and tease people who are over weight.

Again, no one here is defending Orangina.

The point is, Nancy was BEING fat-phobic with that comment.

Next time, choose something else to target, rather than someone's weight.

How would she like it if I called her a skinny, wrinkled, senile old cunt?

Can she help being any of those things?

Oh, I'm sure everyone will be up in arms because of my choice of words. How dare you!!!

Really? Well fucking HOW DARE YOU Nancy Pelosi.

Think before you speak.

by Anonymousreply 58May 19, 2020 6:07 AM

Thanks R57. I was legitimately curious, so appreciate it. I have noticed she posts a lot of cakes and things like that that she makes so perhaps she is compensating that way. And now I think about it, even my gym has a whiteboard with health advice, one of which is "if you have to pick only between exercise and diet, choose diet first".

by Anonymousreply 59May 19, 2020 6:10 AM

R58 Shut up morbidly obese snowflake!

by Anonymousreply 60May 19, 2020 6:12 AM

Fat people are all pathological liars. They’re not to be trusted. They’re not even honest with themselves.

by Anonymousreply 61May 19, 2020 6:54 AM

R58 Their eating habits are probably what's "hereditary".

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2020 6:58 AM

Oh, this fat bitch again.

by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2020 7:00 AM

[quote] In April 2018, Gay shared that she had undergone sleeve gastrectomy, a weight-loss surgery that removes 85% of the stomach, in January 2018.

And she’s still fat after two years.

by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2020 7:02 AM

Someone should tweet Roxanne and tell her she is horrible and fat BUT she's not horrible because she's fat, she's horrible because she's black.

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2020 7:25 AM

[quote] But fat people? It's always open season on them. No hashtags, no cancellations.

What bullshit. In fact the championing of Chrissy Metz and Lizzo and Lens Dunham and Rebel Wilson and Tess Holliday... and Roxane Gay!... in the popular press in recent years has been something to see, and they've all been celebrated for having "non-standard body types." Meanwhile, "fat studies" has become more and more popular in academia, and there are scholars who now specialize in it.

In the last seven or eight years it's become increasing rare to see people shamed for being fat... except on websites Datalounge. But we make fun of everyone here--trans people, women, blacks, Asians, whites, heterosexuals, other gay men and lesbians, etc. And we also make fun of people who are too skinny like the Olsen twins too.

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2020 7:38 AM

And, had someone said: “as a President with his skin coloration, he really ought to spend a lot less time on sunny golf courses,” I’m sure there’d be exhausting objection to the underlying racism.

by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2020 7:50 AM

I find the constant defense of fat people exhausting. Being fat is really not ok. It either means you're lazy or you eat too much or both. It's extremely unhealthy. And you look like shit. So stop telling us all that fat is beautiful. It isn't. It means you'll die early. Get off your lazy ass and do something about it.

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2020 8:01 AM

I think that Roxane looks fine.

Anyone who doesn't, is a fat-shaming bigot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2020 8:12 AM

[quote]It means you'll die early.

And slowly and expensively, so it costs me money as well as the costs are spread to health insurance and care costs. So thanks for stealing from me, fatties.

by Anonymousreply 70May 19, 2020 8:23 AM

Fatty fatty fat fat fat!

Too many cupcakes and quesadillas!

by Anonymousreply 71May 19, 2020 8:34 AM

I don't hate him because he is fat, he is fat because I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 72May 19, 2020 8:48 AM

I despise Pelosi but she speaks the truth. The US is filled with obse hog people.

by Anonymousreply 73May 19, 2020 9:45 AM

She should ask herself why she is exhausted all the time. Could it be that her outrage over everything causes all that exhaustion?

by Anonymousreply 74May 19, 2020 9:54 AM

My favourite tweet is the woman who was offended and then stated she hadn't actually heard what Pelosi said!

by Anonymousreply 75May 19, 2020 10:17 AM

R71 Fatty had a party and nobody came

by Anonymousreply 76May 19, 2020 10:30 AM

I reckon that's it, R74. Her constant outrage is exhausting enough just coming across it online every now and then, I can't imagine what it's like to live with it.

by Anonymousreply 77May 19, 2020 11:04 AM

Here's what some people are missing. The really hardcore fat activists are deranged; they do not actually BELIEVE that obesity is dangerous or increases their risk of disease and complications. Instead they think the whole medical community is "fatphobic." They don't think being fat is actually a health risk (and they don't think it's a choice), so you can't win the argument by saying that she's making a factual statement about his health. These people are not reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 78May 19, 2020 2:38 PM

Some fat people are scared shitless of facing their own issues and rather distract themselves by attacking others instead.

It comes down to the basic fear of change and challenging your own core issues to pave the way for change.

by Anonymousreply 79May 19, 2020 2:54 PM

HCQ improves obesity-related insulin resistance and helps obese patients with rheumatoid arthritis more than it helps patients of normal weight.

It's stupid to say he shouldn't take HCQ because he's fat. It'll probably help him.

Okay, so she just said it to piss him off. So what? He's always pissed off. Big deal. There's no victory in pissing Trump off.

Roxane Gay is also always pissed off. Big deal. She's irrelevant.

This isn't the fucking Gong Show, this is politics during a pandemic that has killed 90,000 people so far in our country alone. It would be nice if the politicians and the media started acting like adults, and if Americans started expecting them to.

by Anonymousreply 80May 19, 2020 3:05 PM

r80. Trump created that new normal. He's to blame for it.

by Anonymousreply 81May 19, 2020 3:08 PM

"Well HE STARTED IT" is juvenile, R81, and hardly any kind of counter to what I said.

Even if Trump did start it (and I would argue it was around prior to Trump's ascendance as a birther) it doesn't mean we're forced to keep wallowing in it. We can and should expect better.

by Anonymousreply 82May 19, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote] Even if Trump did start it (and I would argue it was around prior to Trump's ascendance as a birther) it doesn't mean we're forced to keep wallowing in it. We can and should expect better.

It's the language Trump understands. And nobody forces you to wallow in it. You can be the one who argues that you're a lifelong Democrat, but the way Pelosi fat shamed Trump prevents you from voting Dem with a good conscience in the next election. Yeah, THAT guy.

by Anonymousreply 83May 19, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote] Even if Trump did start it (and I would argue it was around prior to Trump's ascendance as a birther) it doesn't mean we're forced to keep wallowing in it. We can and should expect better.

It's the language Trump understands. And nobody forces you to wallow in it. You can be the one who argues that you're a lifelong Democrat, but the way Pelosi fat shamed Trump prevents you from voting Dem with a good conscience in the next election. Yeah, THAT guy.

by Anonymousreply 84May 19, 2020 3:37 PM

I find DL to be hilariously fat phobic. Especially when the other DL habit is to assume everyone who posts here are obese shut ins. It’s just weird.

Anyway I don’t think it makes Nancy fatphobic to passively aggressively point out trump is fat . She did it to specifically piss him off. That is not the same as making blanket statements about fat people like you see on DL. I think it’s rude and childish to do so in most circumstances but I just can’t find myself taking issue with Nancy deliberately trying to get under shithead’s skin. He is an exception. He deserves no respect or courtesy whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 85May 19, 2020 4:05 PM

R85 Nancy saying he's morbidly obese is correct and not the issue.

It's the fact that, in response, everyone is only too eager to pile on and focus on "fat" in the same ugly way someone else might say "black" or "gay" that is the issue for some people.

I loathe Trump for a million reasons. But he's a pile of shit because he's a pile of shit and because of his brain and his lack of a soul, not because of the body he comes in.

by Anonymousreply 86May 19, 2020 4:20 PM

I asked her what she wanted on her hamburger, she said a hotdog!

She puts mayonnaise on an aspirin!

by Anonymousreply 87May 19, 2020 4:22 PM

What? Did you even read my post r86 or are you responding to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 88May 19, 2020 4:23 PM

Roxane Gay gets exhausted walking from the bed to the refrigerator

by Anonymousreply 89May 19, 2020 4:32 PM

Nancy was taking a shot at Dump’s looks because she was giving him a taste of his own medicine. He shits on people’s appearance all day long and lives in his bubble where everything he does is perfect and he has the looks of an Adonis, but that is patently untrue. She’s the only person who seems to get in his head and more people should be more relentless about attacking him. He’s gotten away with too much for too long.

by Anonymousreply 90May 19, 2020 4:40 PM

Pelosi stated a fact. Why is that fat-shaming?

by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2020 4:40 PM

It's shameful to be fat

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote] can we come up with a better word than fatphobia?

Agreed, R47. Maybe one of these...

Xenozaftigphobia Fataffectivephobic FADshaming (for shaming those with FatAffective Disorders, inc subtype fried with or without gravy) Double Potion Disorder Animus, or DPDA

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2020 5:07 PM

Agreed, [R47]. Maybe one of these...

-Xenozaftigphobia -Fataffectivephobic FADshaming (for shaming those with FatAffective Disorders, inc subtype fried with or without gravy) -Double Potion Disorder Animus, or DPDA

by Anonymousreply 94May 19, 2020 5:10 PM

She's got more chins than a Chinese phone book!

by Anonymousreply 95May 19, 2020 5:33 PM

Fat fat water rat fifty dollars in your hat!

by Anonymousreply 96May 19, 2020 5:42 PM

Yes Roxane, zero in on this one comment and make a huge issue out of it. These are the kind of idiots who vote for the "lesser evil"--Trump--as a protest vote.

by Anonymousreply 97May 19, 2020 7:08 PM

[quote] But Roxane isn't wrong.

She is wrong. Pelosi brought up a valid point about his weight and she's acting as if Pelosi mocked him for being fat. Roxane sounds like one of those people who thinks you can be obese and healthy.

by Anonymousreply 98May 19, 2020 7:11 PM

LOL r89!

by Anonymousreply 99May 19, 2020 7:14 PM

I'm always baffled by the photo Roxane Gay uses of herself. It's like she she thinks she's a delightful imp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 19, 2020 7:15 PM

No wonder she's exhausted all the time. It must be wearisome to cart all this tonnage around all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 19, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote] In the edited version of the podcast that was online on Tuesday, Ms. Freedman can be heard introducing Ms. Gay before the interview:

[quote] “You see, Roxane Gay, well, I’m searching for the right word to use here. I don’t want to say fat, so — even though she uses the word fat about herself — so I’m going to use the official medical term, super morbidly obese. There’s obese, then there’s morbidly obese, and then there is super morbidly obese. I don’t think the scale goes beyond that, quite literally. But it’s not just that Roxane’s overweight; she’s 6-foot-3, or about two meters tall. Her size is incredibly imposing. And this is a logistical nightmare for her. There’s no other way to put it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 19, 2020 7:18 PM

The one woman I couldn't help.

by Anonymousreply 103May 19, 2020 10:39 PM

You’re fatphobic too, Mr. Pinky! Do you think I would ever shop in a place called HEFTY HIDEAWAY?

You can make it up to me by sending me a couple of boxes of those complimentary donuts.

by Anonymousreply 104May 19, 2020 10:51 PM

Did she not drop any weight after her bariatric surgery?

by Anonymousreply 105May 19, 2020 11:09 PM

'morbidly obese' is a medical term and yes he is in that category.

by Anonymousreply 106May 19, 2020 11:09 PM

R105, I know three people who have had either that surgery or a lap band and they have all piled the weight back on. One of them is a very close friend of mine who is completely honest about it, doesn't blame anyone else, and explained that you can work out ways to eat around it (ie you can still choose to eat the wrong foods), you can shirk exercise, etc. There's a lifestyle you're meant to follow afterwards that many find it hard to stick to. There are certain foods you shouldn't eat after you've had those surgeries done, but you'll often go out to dinner and they will force that food down, then go off to the bathroom to throw it back up because it's stuck. Another person I know just had an extreme surgery last year to remove all his excess skin, and never changed his diet, so he's wasted a whole lot of money and is large again.

It's an extreme surgery that people think will solve their problems, but it seems to me it's got to be a psychological issue that's at play here. People should be getting help in that area before attempting surgery.

by Anonymousreply 107May 19, 2020 11:22 PM

Connie Wilson gained all the weight back, right? If you don't change your diet, you're gonna get fat again.

by Anonymousreply 108May 19, 2020 11:24 PM

[quote]It's an extreme surgery that people think will solve their problems, but it seems to me it's got to be a psychological issue that's at play here.

Roxane, you don't need to eat all the Red Vines ...

by Anonymousreply 109May 19, 2020 11:30 PM

Someone please cough on her

by Anonymousreply 110May 19, 2020 11:40 PM

My sister is an academic, and she told me that Gay is pretty hated in that industry. She has degrees from unremarkable schools, but uses are SJW credentials to get jobs, and isn't very good at them, so she gets canned after a couple of years. Then cries about how "unfair" the firing was.

by Anonymousreply 111May 19, 2020 11:56 PM

R105 I have an aunt who ate through two lapbands!

by Anonymousreply 112May 19, 2020 11:56 PM

That's fascinating R111! I have wondered what it must be like working alongside people like her, Jarrar etc. Whenever I've seen her on a stage her arguments are usually poorly constructed and inconsistent which I imagine doesn't endear her to her colleagues either.

by Anonymousreply 113May 20, 2020 12:08 AM

A lot of these obnoxious, "me me me" SJW types are completely insular dicks in real life. What a surprise?

by Anonymousreply 114May 20, 2020 12:09 AM

I just came across this Twitter interaction of hers from earlier this year, which cracks me up:

Stephen King: "As a writer, I am allowed to nominate in just 3 categories: Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Screenplay. For me, the diversity issue--as it applies to individual actors and directors, anyway--did not come up. That said I would never consider diversity in matters of art. Only quality. It seems to me that to do otherwise would be wrong."

Roxane Gay: "As a fan, this is painful to read from you. It implies that diversity and quality cannot be synonymous. They are not separate things. Quality is everywhere but most industries only believe in quality from one demographic. And now, here you are."

Another poster: "I feel as you are missing his point. Please read his other posts. I do not think he ment diversity is not important, but that the quality should matter no matter who created it and that is not happening currently. I have never seen Stephen as anything but open and accepting."

Roxane Gay: "I did indeed read all his thoughts on this. I am not missing anything as I am a capable reader and understander of words."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 20, 2020 12:46 AM

[quote] I am a capable reader and understander of words.

This must be her resume summary.

by Anonymousreply 116May 20, 2020 12:50 AM

[quote] My sister is an academic, and she told me that Gay is pretty hated in that industry.

Your sister is right.

Roxane Gay's books are filled with beliefs, not thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 117May 20, 2020 1:07 AM

Trump is fat but hes not morbidly obese. Chrissy Metz is morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 118May 20, 2020 1:34 AM

What is Roxane Gay famous for?

I've never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 119May 20, 2020 1:40 AM

Oh please, R118. His fat head alone puts him in the morbidly obese category.

by Anonymousreply 120May 20, 2020 1:40 AM

R119 being a victim

by Anonymousreply 121May 20, 2020 1:41 AM

R118 He is morbidly obese in clinical terms. Metz is on a different level because she is basically her own planet! Just because there are many people Trumps size in America, it does not make it normal!

by Anonymousreply 122May 20, 2020 1:43 AM

At least 300 lbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 20, 2020 1:48 AM

According to CNN Trump is obese but not morbidly obese. According to their Body Mass calculator I'm overweight even though I'm fit, so go figure.

by Anonymousreply 124May 20, 2020 1:49 AM

Didn't Trump also brag about eating McDonalds everyday? Right, totally not obese behavior.

by Anonymousreply 125May 20, 2020 1:56 AM

No one is denying he's obese. The question is whether he's [italic]morbidly[/italic] obese, which is the next category further.

by Anonymousreply 126May 20, 2020 2:06 AM

And as the podcast columnist quoted above said, Roxane Gay is the next category beyond even THAT: she's SUPER morbidly obese!

by Anonymousreply 127May 20, 2020 2:07 AM

R124 according to BMI I'm overweight too even though I wear a size 32 pant. I think its bullshit. Though Trump is definitely obese he would need to be a lot bigger to be morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 128May 20, 2020 2:14 AM

I want to know what words do they want used? It is a medical term and is correct.

by Anonymousreply 129May 20, 2020 2:16 AM

R100-LOL

by Anonymousreply 130May 20, 2020 2:20 AM

Roxane Gay needs to take several seats.

by Anonymousreply 131May 20, 2020 2:20 AM

r128 you think his waist circumference is under 46 inches? Because morbid obesity for a 6'1" man starts at 46 inches (46/73 = 63%, a 'hamplanetoid' . To the nearest inch, what do you honestly guess his waist circumference to be? I'd say it's 52 inches, but I don't look at him when i can help it.

by Anonymousreply 132May 20, 2020 2:28 AM

R131 They would break.

by Anonymousreply 133May 20, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote]Roxane Gay needs to take several seats.

What did we ever do to you?

by Anonymousreply 134May 20, 2020 2:32 AM

R129 someone tried asking that a number of times on Roxane's twitter feed, but no one really answered.

by Anonymousreply 135May 20, 2020 2:40 AM

Thank God my mother doesn't have arm tattoos...

by Anonymousreply 136May 20, 2020 2:47 AM

Roxane refers to herself as "a woman of size," so maybe that's how she wants us to refer to Trump: as "a man of size."

by Anonymousreply 137May 20, 2020 2:47 AM

IFHH.

by Anonymousreply 138May 20, 2020 3:08 AM

I’m big boned!

by Anonymousreply 139May 20, 2020 4:27 AM

Roxane is a body-shamer herself!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 20, 2020 4:33 AM

Womyn of size will own the term "fat," but for some reason they go ballistic at all the other terms: "obese," "plump," "stout," "rotund," "dumpy," "portly," "meaty," "Junoesque," "corpulent," "jumbo-sized," "bulky," "porcine," "broad in the beam," "steatopygous," "callipygean," "fleshy," 'Rubensesque," "behemothic," "hippopotamic" etc.

by Anonymousreply 141May 20, 2020 4:37 AM

Don't forget "Gargantuan," R141!

by Anonymousreply 142May 20, 2020 4:38 AM

Haters.

You're all just jealous.

by Anonymousreply 143May 20, 2020 4:38 AM

Of what, R143?

by Anonymousreply 144May 20, 2020 4:41 AM

I'm fat and thought it was fucking hilarious and about time somebody started insulting him the way he insults everybody else. This is a guy who is fat, stands funny so from the side he looks like a centaur, wears a ferret on his head, and yet has the nerve to routinely posts memes where he's depicted having the physique of Rambo or Superman.

Tell that delusional fat bitch he's fat every day, all day, Miss Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 145May 20, 2020 4:48 AM

Calling Trump fat or obese isn’t even inherently an insult, it’s just fact! And we know it drives him crazy when he’s reminded he’s not now nor ever was the studly, virile paragon of masculinity, so poking holes into his delusions by stating the FACTS sets him off. What a snowflake!

by Anonymousreply 146May 20, 2020 4:58 AM

R140, what does she mean? What is even wrong with his eyebrows?

by Anonymousreply 147May 20, 2020 5:24 AM

Let's sue the fuck out of Roxane for animal cruelty. Her obesity is killing that poor baby elephant!!!

by Anonymousreply 148May 20, 2020 8:57 AM

Academic Twitter is truly one of the most insufferable, sanctimonious corners of the internet.

Here is a hot take on Mayor Pete:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 20, 2020 1:04 PM

^Spot on in your assessment of Academic Twitter. These people are in their 40s and 50s behaving like the worst aspects of high school. I suppose some of them are highly aware of the greater reach they have on Twitter than within in their own sphere and go mad with it. What's fascinating is how terribly argued so many of their positions are, and if I can see that as a layperson, that says something!

by Anonymousreply 150May 20, 2020 10:42 PM

Today, Nancy said that Trump is like a child “with doggy doo on his shoes”.

Roxane immediately went out and got herself a dog so that she could be outraged.

by Anonymousreply 151May 21, 2020 12:17 AM

I honestly think we just have to laugh at these people. I mean Roxane scolding Stephen King, or Randa getting pissed off at Shakira, or at non-Arabs belly-dancing is just funny to me, at the end of the day. What a use of their time!

by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2020 10:46 PM

Do any of these people even know who Roxane is? I doubt Stephen King tells himself at night "I need to stay current on the latest SJW outrage before I write my next book!".

by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2020 10:47 PM

^Haha, right? Just imagine; Roxane tweets: "As a fan, this is painful to read from you." and he bursts into tears, tearing at his hair. "Oh no, I've hurt Roxane Gay!"

by Anonymousreply 154May 21, 2020 10:52 PM

LMFAO. I think Stephen would just tell her that her anger is a result of not getting laid. I remember Stephen used to always bring up having sex in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 155May 21, 2020 10:57 PM

Interesting you bring up sex; I've noticed many of these "angry twitterers" for want of a better term, are also obsessed with shoving their sex lives in the public's face. It's very defensive, and always makes me wonder if it's because they're not getting as much and are putting too much importance on it? Like their self worth is wrapped up in whether they are having sex or not. Randa Jarrar was tweeting about squirting all over the place awhile back. I suppose she thought it was a strong statement, but it seemed cringey more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 156May 21, 2020 11:07 PM

R156, who knows. Maybe there were all molested and they are just projecting.

by Anonymousreply 157May 21, 2020 11:08 PM

Perhaps. Which would be really sad, to be honest. Though I will say at the same time, I know people in real life who were and they've grown up to be beautiful, kind humans who treat others well. So, I still wouldn't be able to accept it as a natural excuse for their aggressive, nasty behaviour, though it may factor into the why.

by Anonymousreply 158May 21, 2020 11:13 PM

Today, Roxane Gay is exhausted with white women in general, spurred by Lana Del Rey's calling out artists like Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj and Doja Cat for “being sexy, wearing no clothes [and] cheating ... without being crucified.”

Roxanne's tweet:

White women should learn they don’t need to denigrate women of color to stand up for themselves or articulate/explain their world view. Handle your business without our names in your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 159May 21, 2020 11:18 PM

Nancy called trump a conflabulator before she was told the word was confabulator. Haha she knew!

by Anonymousreply 160May 21, 2020 11:38 PM

I'm starting to think exhaustion with white women might be a default setting for Roxane.

by Anonymousreply 161May 21, 2020 11:38 PM

More exhaustion!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 21, 2020 11:42 PM

She’s morbidly obese!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 163May 21, 2020 11:46 PM

I don’t think anyone will ever question if roxane’s pussy stinks, do you?

by Anonymousreply 164May 22, 2020 12:11 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 165May 22, 2020 12:16 AM

R165, see R121

by Anonymousreply 166May 22, 2020 12:22 AM

Today a lot of people are "exhausted" with Lana Del Rey. SIMPLY EXHAUSTED.

by Anonymousreply 167May 22, 2020 12:51 AM

I sort of half tried to understand what is going on, then I gave up. Someone commented under the BuzzFeed article I was reading something I think says it all:

"Everything anyone says on the web is now psychoanalyzed, politicized, or protested. It's like we can't no longer say, agree to disagree and leave it at that, or you're crazy and walk away."

by Anonymousreply 168May 22, 2020 1:22 AM

Roxane gets exhausted wiping her ass.

by Anonymousreply 169May 22, 2020 3:15 AM

[quote] White women should learn they don’t need to denigrate women of color to stand up for themselves or articulate/explain their world view. Handle your business without our names in your mouth.

As if the name Roxane Gay means anything to Lana. She feels entitled to speak on behalf of the group Lana was addressing (successful female pop stars...her peers) just because she's also a WOC? How does this self-important prig have 700,000 followers???

by Anonymousreply 170May 22, 2020 4:37 AM

R168 from what I understand, Lana feels she gets unnecessary hate for singing about having sugar daddies, being used and abused for sex, and her general brand of melancholic Lolita-ism (which is odd considering she’s pushing 40 but whatever.) She mentioned those other artists because she thinks they can sing about sex without repercussions (also a wrong take, they get shit all the time from feminists and misogynists alike). But it all boils down to Lana wanting to be able to do her schtick without criticism and be rewarded with more accolades instead, which isn’t how the industry works.

She might have approached a coherent point about feminism, but by invoking all those black artists, stan twitter and academic Twitter pounced on her. It is all quite exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 171May 22, 2020 8:12 AM

Not only that, but Lana mentioned Ariana Grande too, who is white. So, that kind of undercuts the arguments of Gay and her ilk. Also 'denigrate' (criticize unfairly; disparage) is not what she did. Some 'understander of words' Gay turned out to be.

by Anonymousreply 172May 22, 2020 10:17 AM

[quote] White women should learn they don’t need to denigrate women of color to stand up for themselves or articulate/explain their world view. Handle your business without our names in your mouth.

She's not wrong.

[quote] Lana mentioned Ariana Grande too, who is white

Sort of. Not really.

by Anonymousreply 173May 22, 2020 6:41 PM

Italians aren't white?

Well, there you go. Goes to show how ridiculous these divisions we put on ourselves as humans are if everyone can argue a different definition. Maybe we are all just that - human.

by Anonymousreply 174May 22, 2020 10:08 PM

For those of you that say the BMI says you're fat but you are not, then you must be lean and muscular and the Index will not be accurate for you. But for the vast majority who are not lean, it is very accurate.

by Anonymousreply 175May 22, 2020 10:20 PM

Asked on Twitter "What is a trait or quality of yours that people could not glean from your writing or online presence?", Roxane answers: "I'm kind. And quiet."

It sounds like previous colleagues would beg to disagree!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 23, 2020 3:28 AM

You all know that you would go down on Roxane in a hot second.

She is SEXY.

I would eat her pussy until she passed out.

by Anonymousreply 177May 23, 2020 5:23 AM

[quote]I would eat her pussy until she passed out.

With America closing its all-you-can-eat buffets, I suppose some people are looking for unlimited portions.

by Anonymousreply 178May 23, 2020 5:32 AM

Whatever, R178.

This is some hot snatch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 23, 2020 5:35 AM

mmmfpfhfhmmff

by Anonymousreply 180May 23, 2020 6:14 AM

Never mind the snatch at R179.

Check out those huge TITTAYS!

by Anonymousreply 181May 23, 2020 6:20 AM

R177 has a grimace fetish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 24, 2020 1:46 AM

My big ol titties exhaust me. As if being inside my own brain 24/7 wasn’t enough.

by Anonymousreply 183May 24, 2020 2:13 AM

Today Roxane is exhausted over white women being offended by "Karen". I mean, I think it's stupid to be offended by that too, but is it really the kind of thing to focus your mind on? No wonder she's so tired.

(She's also exhausted about racism, but I won't make fun of her for that; that is a scourge on society.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 26, 2020 11:28 PM

She must be exhausting, herself.

by Anonymousreply 185May 26, 2020 11:33 PM

R3 it’s known as butthole eyes.

by Anonymousreply 186May 26, 2020 11:35 PM

"White women should learn they don’t need to denigrate women of color to stand up for themselves or articulate/explain their world view. Handle your business without our names in your mouth."

Someone should troll her and point out how violent/threatening this language is.

by Anonymousreply 187May 27, 2020 12:56 AM

[quote]it’s known as butthole eyes.

Her hair is really coarse

She's a woman of size

Kids think she's a horse

She's got Roxanne Butthole Eyes

by Anonymousreply 188May 27, 2020 1:05 AM

R187, this is what's so interesting, the arguments of people like Gay can so easily be turned to apply to them as well. It would be fun to see someone intelligent and quick to go up against her who is also on "her side" at the same time. Just to point out how ludicrous and self-defeating some of the things she says are.

One of her recent tweets I think spoke volumes about her mindset where she said: ."..it is not helpful when you are embarrassed by other white people. You mean well but action goes further than embarrassment. Talk to your people. Get them together. Hold them accountable." I'm not able to put into words exactly what I mean here, but it's like she has this idea of "all white people together" that isn't the way life is in reality, if that makes sense? As someone she would call white, a white racist isn't "my people", and I don't associate with people like that. I don't have a group based on any perceived outer similarities we have. I'm probably missing the point, but it irked me a bit, like her whole thought process is involved on grouping people together based on appearance, which I think is a dead end to actually overcoming the problems she's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 189May 27, 2020 1:44 AM

Gay went to high school at Phillips Exeter and I think her parents are pretty well off but frames herself as a perpetual victim.

by Anonymousreply 190May 27, 2020 3:21 AM

Interesting! I guess she gets off on all this exhaustion she's forced to endure.

by Anonymousreply 191May 27, 2020 3:36 AM

BIG as a HOUSE!

by Anonymousreply 192May 27, 2020 3:37 AM

I'm very turned on by Roxane.

by Anonymousreply 193May 27, 2020 10:21 AM

Boris Johnson, of the few foreign politicians who sucks Trump's dick thinks that being overweight is bad for your health. He should know, he's fat and got the coronavirus.

[quote]Boris Johnson to launch war on fat after coronavirus scare

It’s all right for you thinnies, PM tells staff as he accepts obesity increases risk from Covid-19

Boris Johnson is preparing a “much more interventionist” drive to tackle obesity as part of the fight against coronavirus after his spell in hospital with the disease.

The prime minister told senior ministers and advisers, “I’ve changed my mind on this” and that he was drawing up a new strategy.

Research has found that being obese doubles the risk of needing hospital treatment for coronavirus. About one in three British adults is clinically obese, classified as those with a body mass index (BMI) above 30. It is one of the highest rates in the western world.

Mr Johnson is understood to be convinced that the reason he ended up in intensive care was because of his weight, which was 17 and a half stone before he was admitted to hospital. BMI is determined by a person’s weight relative to their height. At 5ft 9in, Mr Johnson’s score will have been about 36.

Obesity is a risk factor for other health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease, which are also known to increase vulnerability to Covid-19.

Figures released by the health service yesterday revealed that a quarter of coronavirus patients who have died in hospitals in England had diabetes.

In a column for The Times, James Forsyth, political editor of The Spectator, disclosed that the prime minister remarked “it’s all right for you thinnies” when discussing the disease in Downing Street. Mr Johnson believes that the pandemic provides an opportunity for the government to reinforce the message that people need to lead healthy lives. He is said to be “obsessed” with encouraging more people to cycle to work and believes it is a good moment to “get Britain on its bike”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 27, 2020 10:52 AM

Has anyone here ever hooked up with her?

Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 195May 27, 2020 11:05 AM

He's not fat! He's "Plus Sized"

by Anonymousreply 196May 27, 2020 11:17 AM

For someone with a PhD in Technical Communication - Gay's writing is rather juvenile and lazy.

by Anonymousreply 197May 27, 2020 12:30 PM

If Gay wasn't fat, black and bi, what would she have to trade on?

She isn't an intellectual giant.

by Anonymousreply 198May 27, 2020 12:37 PM

I wonder how often she gets laid?

She must be fun in the sack.

Roxane looks quite pretty here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 27, 2020 12:42 PM

Channing Tatum seems to like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 27, 2020 12:44 PM

Roxy should change her cover photo from that stupid "face in hands" photo, to this one.

She looks so much more elegant and professional here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 27, 2020 12:50 PM

White Roxane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202May 27, 2020 9:24 PM

Roxy needs to understand that in war her blubber is just going to have to be collateral damage.

Pelosi's language was very carefully constructed and did not fat-shame generally. It was aimed at one man who lies about his weight and physical condition.

Roxy just lies about.... well, you know.

by Anonymousreply 203May 27, 2020 9:29 PM

r201 — in that photo she looks like she wants to speak to your manager. Or at least the professor in charge of your department.

by Anonymousreply 204May 28, 2020 6:06 AM

R197, I agree. I've heard others say great things about her writing, but when I tried to read some I found it not that well done. Plus lots of that juvenile: "and then sex happened" type writing, where you can tell the author thinks they are being so daring, but are actually being quite uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 205June 25, 2020 5:56 AM

That "I'm exhausted from always having to explain it to you" is the same wording that black racists use against white people , who they automatically assume are racists and need to be told how to behave.

by Anonymousreply 206June 25, 2020 6:15 AM

She got a gastric sleeve in 2018? Why? Does she not like being fat? Is she actually fatphobic?

by Anonymousreply 207June 25, 2020 6:29 AM

She's such a hypocrite, this woman. She loves to get involved in Twitter movements to try and "cancel" other authors who don't "stay in their lane", for example with the whole American Dirt thing, yet her criticisms of books like that could apply as easily, if not more so, to her very own An Untamed State, where she completely misunderstands the real relations of power and violence in Haiti, basically inverting them in a way someone like her would call "harmful" if it was done by another author.

According to GoodReads, somebody actually asked her why she had inverted reality in her book and her answer was: "My novel is fiction. If you don't like that, that's totally fine." If that's her position, why not apply it to other authors too?

by Anonymousreply 208July 14, 2020 10:25 PM

Has anyone seen this woman's revolting cooking projects? People are starting to collect them on Twitter. I've just spent the last 20-odd minutes laughing to tears. She's always talking about the confidence of mediocre white men; I think Roxane may have some misplaced confidence of her own!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 5, 2020 1:07 PM

Below "I'm a capable reader and understander of words" on her CV, Roxane can now also add:

"Im [sic] from Nebraska and I've read a book before."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 10, 2020 6:13 AM

I didn't know she was black. But then again I never pay much attention to types like her anyways so I'm not suprised I never knew.

by Anonymousreply 211August 10, 2020 6:18 AM

I remember when Trump was skinny.

by Anonymousreply 212August 10, 2020 6:31 AM

[quote] "Im [sic] from Nebraska and I've read a book before."

She should have followed that up with "and yes, I have fucked a corn stalk. It was real and it was FANTASTIC!".

by Anonymousreply 213August 10, 2020 8:41 AM

[quote] Has anyone seen this woman's revolting cooking projects?

Umm, did shes just like pour lard onto a bunch of boiled vegetables? She does know that just increases the calorie count right? I mean, she is a "reader of words" and all.

by Anonymousreply 214August 10, 2020 8:45 AM

Dare you to be the one to bring it to her attention R214! 😂

It made me laugh so much when someone commented: "Are we sure this isn't just snaps of her bed pan, because it certainly looks like it."

by Anonymousreply 215August 10, 2020 8:51 AM

[quote] "Are we sure this isn't just snaps of her bed pan, because it certainly looks like it."

HAHAHA! That's a good one.

by Anonymousreply 216August 10, 2020 9:01 AM

Years ago Roxane Gay was mildly irritating but in the same way a lot of the internet is mildly irritating. At some point she turned into satire, a parody of a human being.

Most of her food doesn't look like food. I think one photo is just old grease?

by Anonymousreply 217August 10, 2020 9:07 AM

Wait, she actually gives interviews about cooking and food, and was recently featured in NYT for her "beautiful charcuterie boards"? What the actual fuck.

by Anonymousreply 218August 10, 2020 9:11 AM

Aaaaaaaaaa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219August 10, 2020 9:13 AM

R218, it's so bizarre, like a version of the Emperor's New Clothes.

by Anonymousreply 220August 10, 2020 9:17 AM

R219, you have to be a terrible cook to make me feel ill looking at those, which I would ordinarily love. And nearly everyone is telling her how amazing it looks (though I cracked up at that one girl who, I'm guessing sarcastically, called her out for "cultural appropriation")!

by Anonymousreply 221August 10, 2020 9:19 AM

I reckon this Twitter user is spot on with their comment under the photos:

"You know she never cooked before covid got her spooked off takeout". 😂

by Anonymousreply 222August 10, 2020 11:52 AM

R218, I found the article you mentioned and it's telling that they don't actually show a picture of Roxane's supposedly "beautiful" charcuterie boards; instead they use a picture from a company called Lady & Larder.

by Anonymousreply 223August 15, 2020 12:52 AM

Can anyone explain to me why she keeps putting "I don't need advice" on her Twitter posts, and all her followers are like: "Woo, go girl! You tell 'em!"? Am I missing something? Surely if someone posts a problem they are having and others write back to give advice it's because they are trying to be helpful and kind? Or is Roxane one of those people who just wants to whinge and never change or improve things? Is it actually offensive to try and help someone out with a problem they have? Example below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 22, 2020 1:50 AM

There is NOTHING Roxane Gay can't get pissed off and complain about.

by Anonymousreply 225August 22, 2020 2:19 AM

Roxane is one of the problems.

by Anonymousreply 226August 22, 2020 2:35 AM

I never realised until now that there are sites that collect people's deleted tweets. Putting in Gay's name is certainly interesting. Some of them seem pretty innocuous, but others really highlight her mean girl attitude and the fact she isn't nearly as smart as she thinks she is. No wonder she is so heavy on that delete button.

by Anonymousreply 227September 7, 2020 3:42 AM

She's a giant fat cunt who has a chip on her shoulder with the whole world. A totally miserable person.

by Anonymousreply 228September 7, 2020 3:55 AM

She has shared her "wellness diary" with Vanity Fair. The first entry:

[quote]8:30 a.m.: I wake up because my wife [Debbie Millman] has a meeting and is up early, and once I am up, I am up even if I am still tired. I have the worst habit of checking in with the internet, first thing in the morning, so I look at my phone and [bold]immediately feel even more exhaustion[/bold] because there is no such thing as good news anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 9, 2020 8:04 PM

R229 Well, of course she’s not going to see any good news. She lives in the most racist country there ever was and ever will be!

by Anonymousreply 230September 9, 2020 8:10 PM

Roxane needs to start living a few more Jane Fonda workout videos; maybe then she won’t need to buy her leggings from NASA.

by Anonymousreply 231September 9, 2020 8:25 PM

Have another ten Happy Meals, Roxane.

by Anonymousreply 232September 9, 2020 8:26 PM

"I am up, even if I am still tired." We know, Roxane. We know.

"I look at my phone and immediately feel more exhaustion..."

This is hilarious! I laughed for a good couple of minutes there. She never fails in cracking me up, our Roxane.

Also, who on earth is interested in Roxane Gay's diary? That excerpt is hardly gripping stuff, right there!

by Anonymousreply 233September 9, 2020 8:58 PM

I have stated my boundaries. DO NOT MAKE ME STATE THEM AGAIN!

Now, pass me that pie.

by Anonymousreply 234September 9, 2020 9:15 PM

Oh my god, I actually bothered to read that article. I want my time back. The author uses the word "joyless" early on, which is apt to describe the entirety of Roxane's persona. Seriously, no one is going to read this and think: "Oh, that Roxane is an interesting and dynamic person with her finger on the pulse of today, I must know more!" It's just going to be: "Why are we reading this?"

Whinge, whinge, whinge. Things will never get better if people like her are the example.

by Anonymousreply 235September 9, 2020 9:37 PM

Roxane would hate me for saying this, but I think she would be very attractive if she was thin.

by Anonymousreply 236September 9, 2020 9:43 PM

She’d be Halle Berry cute if she was thin.

by Anonymousreply 237September 9, 2020 10:01 PM

She has a nice personality.

by Anonymousreply 238September 9, 2020 10:26 PM

Unfortunately we've all seen her online behaviour, so I don't even think a mother could say THAT^

by Anonymousreply 239September 9, 2020 10:28 PM

Jesus r229, what a miserable, joyless person she is.

by Anonymousreply 240September 9, 2020 10:47 PM

[quote]She lives in the most racist country there ever was and ever will be!

Try Spain or Argentina. They make the US look rather tame when it comes to racism.

by Anonymousreply 241September 9, 2020 10:52 PM

For somebody who claims to be hopelessly oppressed and marginalized, Roxane Gay certainly lives the cushy lifestyle of an upper middle-class white woman.

by Anonymousreply 242September 9, 2020 11:04 PM

Is Evita really the best comparison Roxane could come up with for Ivanka Trump? I thought Evita came from very humble beginnings which she was then able to use to gain support. If a musical were made about the Trumps, I can't see Ivanka being given the line: "I have taken these riches from the oligarchs only for you!" considering her background or the way she portrays herself. I'm not sure I get it, and as usual it makes me feel Roxane isn't nearly as smart as she thinks she is. But I'm willing to be wrong, if anyone can make a good connection between the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 243September 10, 2020 11:35 AM

Bwah! 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244September 18, 2020 12:38 AM

Girl needs to lose some weight.

by Anonymousreply 245September 18, 2020 12:43 AM

Roxane is so exhausted these days she is retweeting old tweets about exhaustion!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 7, 2020 9:51 PM

Y'all! Roxane wants everyone to know, yet again, that she is a nice person!

My thoughts are that if you have to keep telling people you are nice, then there may be a problem there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 25, 2020 11:48 PM

This week's Work Friend sees our Roxane empathizing with a letter writer's EXHAUSTION:

[quote]I work for a social service agency where I’m also a client. The more I have moved up the ranks of the agency the more I have become paranoid everyone knows my story and my shame and my guilt have grown.

[quote]I am so sorry you are carrying this unfair burden. It must be [bold]exhausting[/bold] to live with so much shame while also trying to do your job and raise your family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 29, 2020 1:56 AM

Why is she so tired all of the time? Has she been tested for fibromyalgia or epstein-barr?

by Anonymousreply 249November 29, 2020 2:53 AM

If she had even a smidgen of humour, I'd suspect her of putting the word "exhaustion" out there so much deliberately, knowing what a parody of herself she has become. But as she's completely humourless, I'd merely suggest that she should probably have her bloods done.

by Anonymousreply 250November 29, 2020 3:42 AM

She is such a bitter, miserable person.

by Anonymousreply 251November 29, 2020 5:07 AM

God help anyone within ranger of her exhaust.

by Anonymousreply 252November 29, 2020 6:09 AM

*range

by Anonymousreply 253November 29, 2020 6:09 AM

[quote]Some day doctors won’t express visible surprise when a fat patient has good blood pressure and labs but today is not that day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 12, 2020 5:46 AM

She is unironically mentally ill. Why she has this platform to indulge her psychosis is beyond me....Oh thats right, because she is fat, queer, black, 'femme' (females is verboten now) etc

by Anonymousreply 255December 12, 2020 5:58 AM

I nominate this thread as one of the best of the year. Who agrees?

by Anonymousreply 256December 24, 2020 7:01 PM

Who is Roxane Gay?

by Anonymousreply 257December 24, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote] He is horrible and fat but he is not horrible because he is fat.

Yet you, Roxane, are horrible because you are fat.

by Anonymousreply 258December 24, 2020 7:16 PM

r257: Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 259December 24, 2020 7:16 PM

You can send a Roxanne Gay Cameo for $100!

by Anonymousreply 260December 24, 2020 7:40 PM

How could she possibly have “good blood pressure and labs”?

by Anonymousreply 261December 24, 2020 7:48 PM

^Yeah, that does seem unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 262December 24, 2020 7:58 PM

People are fat because they lack discipline and they don’t want to accept responsibility for their grossness. If Roxane Gay doesn’t understand that then her intelligence is flawed.

by Anonymousreply 263December 24, 2020 8:02 PM

R263 What's the point of Roxane losing weight? She'd still be fucking hideous. May as well stuff her face.

by Anonymousreply 264December 24, 2020 8:05 PM

Has she addressed the fact that obesity has been firmly identified as a risk factor for more serious cases of Covid? I assume she thinks everyone at the CDC and the World Health Organization is just "fat-phobic"?

by Anonymousreply 265December 24, 2020 8:05 PM

Oh Roxane's intelligence is definitely flawed. I think that's one of the reasons she's so quick to lash out at people when they disagree with her, no matter how nicely they do. Deep down she knows she's not all that.

R265, I think she has implied just that in the past, but I can't remember exactly. I do know that it sparked a fight in the comments with one woman telling everyone over and over again that medicine itself was "fatphobic".

by Anonymousreply 266December 24, 2020 8:07 PM

Roxane Gay tweets about being "tired" and "exhausted" so much it's amazing she can get up in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 267December 24, 2020 8:15 PM

This whole "I'm so tired"/"It's so exhausting" way people express themselves now, I don't get the point of it. It's like giving up on trying to affect any positive change. Actually, a lot of modern day thinking seems to be more along the lines of "we can never change anything so let's just complain instead".

by Anonymousreply 268December 24, 2020 8:18 PM

I'll never forget when she came out to my country and rolled her eyes at people who were worried about the high rate of suicide in my country among men. "Men will be fine!" she said. "Women are suffering too!", "we can worry about it all, not just men!"

I'd love to see how she'd react if someone said the same thing but inverted the sexes when talking about the high rate of domestic violence against women.

by Anonymousreply 269December 24, 2020 8:21 PM

R268 it’s kind of funny in the context of someone saying, “you want to know why X is racist/sexist/offensive? I’m too exhausted to explain why.” So it’s important enough to be outraged but not not important enough to offer a sentence of two of persuasive argument.

by Anonymousreply 270December 24, 2020 9:06 PM

It's also funny how people make these unsupported statements and then say: "it's not my job to educate you". But, if I went online and educated myself but did so by reading the opinions of people who thought differently to the person who made their statement, it's not exactly helpful, haha.

by Anonymousreply 271December 24, 2020 9:18 PM

The black stains on her face and the skin tags are enough to make me hurl

by Anonymousreply 272December 24, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote] People are fat because they lack discipline and they don’t want to accept responsibility for their grossness.

Yes, Giuliana.

by Anonymousreply 273December 24, 2020 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!