Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the greatest DataLounge thread ever, and why was it so great?

And add a link to the thread if you have it.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2019 2:42 PM

this one "Datalounge Hall of Fame"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2019 10:39 PM

Flyover rube Danny/Denny visits NYC with his rolling suitcase.

I can’t help but laugh at the creativity and humor of those who posted.

I cry from laughing so hard every time I read it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2019 10:41 PM

Didn't we do this already?

The Masturbating Temp.

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2019 10:48 PM

An Elaborate Scenario Thread or EST which set the standard for all ESTs and, to this day, remains unequaled- "I'm in Love With My Father -in-Law:

The OP described himself as a young married male married into a wealthy Dallas, (or, was it Houston?) family and falls in love with his father-in-law who enters into an affair with him. Lurid hot sex, Frau wives, snooty, nosy neighbors and the possibility of running off together ensue.

The OP kept everybody hanging and then, subtly, about 200 posts in, changes the tone of his answers. In starts to dawn on everybody WE'D BEEN HAD. It even spawned a deranged poster "Rochelle" or whoever who, claimed to know his whereabouts and vowed to spill the beans to his wife.

It was thrilling. Hundreds of poster hung on for the ride. And yes, I'm sure lots of Dlers knew from his initial post it was made-up, but those sweet things didn't spoil the fun.

The OP of that thread eventually came out and took a bow. I asked him for a sequel and he said he'd retired those characters, but he was flattered to be asked.

Sorry, no link

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2019 10:48 PM

"[….]" should have been "114 and Rochelle"

by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2019 10:50 PM

I think it was the cake icing and the overweight daughter but I don't have the link.

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2019 10:52 PM

Miss Jaclyn Smith introduces us to Bootsie Gum Drops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2019 10:58 PM

The greatest DL thread ever was People Who Poop In Stores. The webmaster deleted it.

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2019 11:04 PM

Sows at the trough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2019 11:05 PM

R8 I was going to post the same thing. Jesus, those posts were hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2019 11:06 PM

The greatest thread ever was when Chrissy Metz found us and let us know what she thinks of us. It was also deleted.

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2019 11:07 PM

When do the tears stop?

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2019 11:07 PM

R11: what did she post?

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2019 11:12 PM

Ugh, posted my reply in the Hall of Fame thread instead of here. Anyway, Gargoyle Neighbor gets my vote. That was my first trip into past threads after someone posted a mention of it. Laughed so hard I thought I was going to lose a lung!

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2019 11:17 PM

The "My next door neighbour's son Joel" threads

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2019 11:21 PM

Something about a Meatball and a neighbor's dog.

by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2019 11:22 PM

My favorites have always involved the OP posting updates in real time with us all egging him or her on, like Denny/Danny, the Janie Lane hookup, the Gargoyle Neighbor, the Baked Potato Party...

I’ve never given a shit if they were real or the work of ESTs. It always felt like a grand collaboration.

by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2019 11:43 PM

Any of the Gap playlist threads

by Anonymousreply 18February 6, 2019 12:00 AM

What celebs have you met/seen in person

nicest celebs

asshole celebs

Gossip no one will say out lous

by Anonymousreply 19February 6, 2019 12:15 AM

R17, the Jani Lane hookup thread wasn't an EST.

The poor guy fucking killed himself after being outed, he thought.

by Anonymousreply 20February 6, 2019 12:50 AM

Once Around the Garden

by Anonymousreply 21February 6, 2019 12:50 AM

My Trick Stole My Best Mme Alexander Doll!!

Soundcloud Rapper Deaths (Lil Peep was the best one--all deleted for no reason WTF Muriel?)

Dan Motherfuck--teenager sticks head out of party bus--doesn't end well. I can't remember the actual thread title

by Anonymousreply 22February 6, 2019 3:10 AM

The “Let’s All Be Sumerian Farmwives” was one of the funniest things I’ve ever read. Not only satiric, but historically knowledgeable.

Only on Data Lounge...

by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2019 3:17 AM

There was one back in the day about seemingly simple things that posters struggled with. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2019 3:21 AM

The Dede Warwick threads. Comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 25February 6, 2019 3:25 AM

R2) I loved that thread. I'm a shiftworker and was supposed to be in bed, but I was so invested in the tragic unfolding of events that I kept logging on for updates.

by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2019 3:34 AM

Dog Fucks Baby in the Ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2019 3:46 AM

Wrong thread. Sorry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2019 3:48 AM

Obviously, the saga of financial rape and the Fully Loaded Baked Potato

by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2019 3:51 AM

"I Still Hate My Friend Julie"

923 DL posts - An unsurpassed DL record.

- You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 6, 2019 3:54 AM

There was a thread a few years back making fun of an online high school year book. Unbeknownst to DL, one of the people they were making fun of had just died. Several people from the school googled her name and instread discovered the thread and stormed DL. It was epic DL.

by Anonymousreply 31February 6, 2019 4:01 AM

okay, r30, I had a different vote, but God Damn. Wow, and yes.

by Anonymousreply 32February 6, 2019 4:05 AM

Also, 923 replies? Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 33February 6, 2019 4:11 AM

Sumerian Farmwives was great. Azmodeus (sp? the crab-walking gf) was right up there too.

by Anonymousreply 34February 6, 2019 4:26 AM

I was just about to post that, r34. Here’s the link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 6, 2019 4:31 AM

Bless you, R35!

by Anonymousreply 36February 6, 2019 4:32 AM

Bellagio Horror. I don't have the link.

by Anonymousreply 37February 6, 2019 4:48 AM

My favorite thread ever was the 'Soft Butch Sous Chef' saga in which DL sleuths helped solve a murder!  A young married attorney was founded dead in an upscale DC hotel; shadowy surveillance video showed a suspect the police were searching for and DL posters accurately ascertained it was a butch lesbian (the murderess) disguised as a man.  A DL poster had hooked-up with the deceased and everyone urged him to go to the police, which he did, providing them with the attorney's secret e-mail address he used for hook-ups, which gave an electronic trail quickly leading police to the killer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 6, 2019 4:51 AM

Here, R37.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2019 5:01 AM

BILL TAYLOR'S DISNEY CRUISE!!!!!!!!!1

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2019 5:08 AM

The Miss Warwick threads. I know I'll never love that way again.

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2019 5:35 AM

Over the years there were a few Mich-fest threads. I'm telling you now, so I don't have to tell you then, it was a good read.

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2019 5:49 AM

My Neighbor Is A Gargoyle

The Lesbian Potluck Wedding

by Anonymousreply 43February 6, 2019 5:57 AM

I am looking for the original WTC 911 attack thread and the infamous first reply of that thread "World Trade Center is an insatiable bottom"

by Anonymousreply 44February 6, 2019 5:57 AM

Caneface, who's got it.

by Anonymousreply 45February 6, 2019 6:05 AM

the Bunnika and Stephonknee threads were both very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 46February 6, 2019 6:14 AM

Thanks dollface 39.

by Anonymousreply 47February 6, 2019 6:20 AM

Freaks You Work With.

by Anonymousreply 48February 6, 2019 6:23 AM

The one with OP wanting advice what to serve for a business/networking dinner but on a very tight budget, $100 from memory.

by Anonymousreply 49February 6, 2019 6:24 AM

My favorite regular threads were the NYSD threads posted by Didi Von Cuntington

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 6, 2019 6:25 AM

Any BILL TAYLOR thread;

Joel, his neighbor and Mitzi the Lhasa Apso;

The aggrieved Eldergay with the ungrateful sister, Brice and grandniece who just don’t appreciate nice things;

The put-upon relative of Aunt Tansy and little Romery

Classics, all of them

by Anonymousreply 51February 6, 2019 6:26 AM

The original African orphan catalogue thread

by Anonymousreply 52February 6, 2019 6:33 AM

"Famous JonBenets Throughout History"

by Anonymousreply 53February 6, 2019 6:44 AM

Claire/bread pussing

by Anonymousreply 54February 6, 2019 6:52 AM

pudding*

by Anonymousreply 55February 6, 2019 6:52 AM

I loved the Jani Lane thread but can't find it now. Was it deleted after he died? The Dan Motherfuck thread was another classic. There was another too, some guy was staying at a cheap motel and was convinced that some guy there with his wife (and kids?) wanted him and he was going to put the moves on him in the gym. Everyone was posting hilarious comments about how the OP was going to end up in a dumpster in the alley.

by Anonymousreply 56February 6, 2019 7:07 AM

Link to the Dan Motherfuck thread. (For some reason I thought that thread was older than 2012).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 6, 2019 7:10 AM

Delusional Kelli and Fake Nick Carter. I followed it like a hit prime time soap opera, until it got out of hand and was spoiled by intruding DLers, as good threads always do.

by Anonymousreply 58February 6, 2019 7:25 AM

r57 bless you. I mentioned it upthread.

by Anonymousreply 59February 6, 2019 7:28 PM

Good one r48.

by Anonymousreply 60February 6, 2019 7:32 PM

The original Dialing a phone with a pencil. This isn't it, but a facsimile:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 6, 2019 7:45 PM

Re-Dialing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 6, 2019 7:46 PM

What was the one with the lesbian and her bus to Michfest? That was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 63February 6, 2019 7:47 PM

I like the one about scary hookups. Can't find it.

Also, what celeb shocked you because they were rude, short, etc.

by Anonymousreply 64February 6, 2019 8:47 PM

R64 That freaky hookups thread was so scary/good

The flyovr boy 'lost' in NYC was classic, so many angry queens going off at the poor fantasy boy

by Anonymousreply 65February 8, 2019 10:31 PM

The turkey meatballs, Fank you! You fixded my cheeseburger!, that galloping gourmet fool....

by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2019 10:46 PM

The one about Ginny in Billing

by Anonymousreply 67February 8, 2019 10:48 PM

There was one about a British actress that had a reputation of being a diva bitch. I think it was that lady in A Passage To India...? Judy Davis? Anyway, people were talking about bitchy things she’d done, and it devolved into blaming her for nearly everything wrong on earth. It sounds blah when I describe it, but it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 68February 8, 2019 10:51 PM

Dead Bodies on Everest owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 69February 8, 2019 10:53 PM

I wish and hope that someone could find the thread for me. PLEASE FIND IT! It was fairly recent. It was a Christmas thread that took quotes from the HIT DL film "Mommie Dearest" and ran with a Christmas theme throughout. For example; "NO MORE MISTLETOE EVER!"

I know that one was a bit lame. But, there were like 70 postings and each one just got better and funnier. It may not be the greatest DataLounge thread but it really was a good one!

by Anonymousreply 70February 8, 2019 10:55 PM

I've been lurking and posting here since around the turn of the century, and the only post that I repeatedly comes to mind in my daily life is the "Dialing the Phone with a Pencil" thread. We've had some doozies over the years - "Melissa Gilbert and her shit bra" comes to mind, as does "When the Man go up into the Man", but the DAPWAP thread was funny and poignant and just really sweet and charming, with everyone's memories of being tiny gaylings.

I'm sorry to say I started the "Footballers in Love" thread, which lived for years and had multiple spin-off threads. I don't even like sportsball.

by Anonymousreply 71February 8, 2019 10:55 PM

FOUND IT!!! I shall never lose it again!

"Merry Christmas to ALL! Except you, Christina."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 8, 2019 11:02 PM

Sometimes in the middle of the night I think about how the world might be different if the webmaster hadn’t deleted People Who Poop In Stores.

by Anonymousreply 73February 8, 2019 11:06 PM

"Neighbor is a Gargoyle" is one of the funniest. It was posted the last time there was a "best of DL" thread & I spent over an hour reading it & all the follow up threads. There are still even pics and videos, even though it was 4 years ago. Not an EST.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 8, 2019 11:11 PM

"I'm in Lust with my Cousin" which goes from some little infatuation to full-on getting fucked by his ex-con hung blatino cousin.

And it is NOT fake... how do I know? I can't say without invading the poster's privacy - but he gives away some details he didn't mean to give away - or that 99% of the population wouldn't notice. This one still has pics too.

The annoying thing is he disappeared into thin air with no real wrap up of the situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2019 11:14 PM

My first real memory of DL was 9/11.

The thread said a plane had crashed into the World Trade Tower. I expected a Sesna or something.

I turned on CNN and saw the second plane.

I'll never, ever forget that.

by Anonymousreply 76February 8, 2019 11:25 PM

I like the ones about signature fragrances and DL's favorite memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 77February 8, 2019 11:37 PM

The one about the guy pretending to be a medical doctor and getting jobs with gay-focused organizations all over the US

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2019 12:05 AM

Does the original Dialing The Phone With A Pencil thread still exist anyplace at all?

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2019 12:07 AM

R44 is this it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2019 12:09 AM

The Dark Lesbian poetry.

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2019 12:20 AM

R79: here you go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2019 1:11 PM

That Victorian Era Datalounge thread was amazing. Will try to link.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2019 2:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!