The greatest threads ever.
5. "Bai Ling is on the roof!" Our first high quality thread in a long, long time.
4. The 9.11 thread. I don't know if it was all that special as far as the content, but it was incredibly practical as an information source since every other site on the net was unreachable that day. An early responder called the WTC an insatiable bottom, a common DL phrase at the time.
3. The guy dying of cancer (it was actually a departure from normal DL snarkiness and was kind of touching).
2. "Dialing the Phone with a Pencil" Every time I see a fair-haired waifish young boy, I imagine him at a telephone, pencil in hand, working that rotary magic, and fashioning himself all glamorous "like those women on tv."
1. "I hate my friend Julie". The gold standard of threads. Will never be surpassed.