Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Datalounge Hall of Fame

The greatest threads ever.

5. "Bai Ling is on the roof!" Our first high quality thread in a long, long time.

4. The 9.11 thread. I don't know if it was all that special as far as the content, but it was incredibly practical as an information source since every other site on the net was unreachable that day. An early responder called the WTC an insatiable bottom, a common DL phrase at the time.

3. The guy dying of cancer (it was actually a departure from normal DL snarkiness and was kind of touching).

2. "Dialing the Phone with a Pencil" Every time I see a fair-haired waifish young boy, I imagine him at a telephone, pencil in hand, working that rotary magic, and fashioning himself all glamorous "like those women on tv."

1. "I hate my friend Julie". The gold standard of threads. Will never be surpassed.

by Anonymousreply 223February 7, 2019 6:03 PM

Can these threads still be accessed? I'm kind of new to this site?

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2011 2:45 AM

I remember enjoying that Ancient Rome thread.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2011 3:04 AM

the "Let's Pretend We're Sumerian Farmwives" and "Let's Pretend We're 1930's Shopgirls" ones were particularly fun.

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2011 3:08 AM

Ginny from Billing

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2011 3:12 AM

There have been more than a few "Home for Thanksgiving" threads, all jewels.

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2011 3:14 AM

And the DiLlie goes to... "I Just Slept with Janie Lane". He's a nominee for sure, especially with that tragic third act.

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2011 3:16 AM

The neighbor who was thought to be a gargoyle.

"Dee Hall here. Any questions?"

The Jason Patric thread, that turned into breaking up in front of Jasmine Guy's house, with a side order of Diana Canova & Inga Swenson. I loved how far off-topic that whole thread went.

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2011 3:17 AM

Bonnie Mace!

by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2011 3:18 AM

P.S. If there is a comedy division, I also cast major vote for "Can You Make a Margarine Fountain?" (though not its original title). I giggled to tears reading that one and its responses and prayed for pictures. %0D %0D That thread alone made me join DL.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2011 3:21 AM

The Red Dragon cheese thread.

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2011 3:24 AM

One I missed - the possum in the drawer. All of the above were great. %0D %0D Also cash bar and shoes indoors were so much fun.

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2011 3:25 AM

I just read the one about Nick Carter's fan/stalker/muse -- seriously weird stuff. Hope the poor crazy lady is OK. And relieved that I haven't had to hear on the news about Nick Carter being attacked with bouquets of peonies wielded by a delusional plump middle-aged widow from L.A.

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2011 3:26 AM

I too, love the Red Dragon cheese thread. I still chuckle about it.

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2011 3:31 AM

claire and her bread pudding fetish and the clueless gay subsidizer of it.

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2011 3:33 AM

Another one I enjoyed was the one with the bride-to-be in Canada. DLers mocked her wedding site and posted snarky messages on it, then she posted some pretty cool messages on DL. Eventually DLers loved her and discussed pitching in for a wedding gift. Anyone remember that one?

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2011 3:36 AM

Margarine Waterfall was a pretty damn funny thread. "The Willy Wonka of trans-fats" was my personal favorite.

by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2011 3:38 AM

"Dialing the Phone with a Pencil" I was just thinking of the little boy sitting in his window singing and his mother yelling up to tell him to "Stop singing wouldn't you like to ride in my beautiful balloon". %0D %0D Too cute!

by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2011 3:38 AM

The pizza place that didn't allow soda refills.

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2011 3:41 AM

Jessica Fletcher Takes on 9-11 Conspiracies

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2011 3:42 AM

A lot of newcomers here, who don't appreciate the homosex, where the man go up into the man.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2011 3:43 AM

the 9/11 threads considering the upcoming anniversary

by Anonymousreply 21September 2, 2011 3:43 AM

The Jason Patric/Jasmin Guy thread was a classic.%0D %0D Dialing the Phone with a pencil and I hate my best friend, Julie are my all-time faves but the 1930's Shopgirls made me fall in love with DL.

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2011 3:44 AM

What about Terry, the most pathetic gay guy in Christendom? Not really funny, but an utterly fascinating glimpse into a truly sad and deeply fucked up life.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2011 3:44 AM

Lifetime achievement awards:

Dominion Wackiness

Freaks you work with

Michfest

by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2011 3:51 AM

The First Time I Had Sex With Kevin Spacey thread was especially inspired.

by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2011 3:53 AM

the donna mills thread were she fires her assistant.

by Anonymousreply 26September 2, 2011 3:55 AM

The first Helen Lawson thread

the Folger's Coffee Xmas commercial

The asswipe gay dad who thought his partner's daughter ate the can of frosting

The original Dataloungeland thread

by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2011 3:57 AM

Datalounge circa 1999

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2011 3:59 AM

"once around the garden" versus... damn! what was the all-you-can-eat option called? and how he didn't want to police who had bought which option at his partner's family's restaurant.

that one was a scream.

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2011 4:05 AM

The 9/11 thread.

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2011 4:08 AM

Autumn Harvest was the all you can eat option.

by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2011 4:09 AM

Once around the Garden - or - Autumn Harvest!

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2011 4:10 AM

Let's pretend we're American

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2011 4:12 AM

The lesbian pot-luck wedding. Others were supposed to provide the food and drink because they needed their money for a honeymoon trip from their home in Jacksonviile, Florida to New Mexico.%0D %0D Let's Roll Cinnamon Rolls - a chain of stores opened by Lisa Beamer%0D %0D Cash bars at weddings

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2011 4:13 AM

The thread about that disgruntled lesbian whose girlfriend dumped her on Thanksgiving so, instead of having a Thanksgiving dinner, she drove to a gas station and ate a burrito there.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2011 4:17 AM

The original "What's Your favorite Helen Lawson Show?"

by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2011 4:21 AM

My Girlfriend is Possessed by a Demon.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2011 4:22 AM

My pussy aches so please feed it. That holds a special place in my heart.

Also, any thread started by my bf, Ciaran.

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2011 4:25 AM

I like the threads of guys presenting holes or pissing, but I'm a slut.

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2011 4:28 AM

Her moment may have been brief, but I do have a soft spot for the Lisa Whelchel troll.

by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2011 4:28 AM

Anything pertaining to Momma and her mussy. Honey, by now her mussy must be more moist than a snack cake floating down an alleyway during Hurricane Katrina.

by Anonymousreply 41September 2, 2011 4:36 AM

The Hurricane Dennis thread

by Anonymousreply 42September 2, 2011 4:41 AM

Agree on:

"I just slept with Janie Lane", hilarious. (Momma and her mussy made several appearances). I was posting on that thread and watching it unfold that night. Then he died a few weeks later, which was horrific and made me feel shitty for posting all the shit I did on on that thread.

Kelli (the Muse) and Nick Carter (the Lovelorn Swain)

"Dialing the Phone with a Pencil"

"My Neighbor is a Gargoyle"

And many others already mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 43September 2, 2011 4:45 AM

"Are you aware there's a new feature as of two days ago on Friendster where people CAN TELL IF YOU VIEWED THEIR PROFILE!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!"

by Anonymousreply 44September 2, 2011 4:49 AM

Prancing. Ponies.

by Anonymousreply 45September 2, 2011 4:54 AM

1. Dialing The Phone With A Pencil%0D %0D 2. Possum In The Bathroom Drawer%0D %0D 3. Dataloungeland%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 46September 2, 2011 4:54 AM

"Oh, I feel so close to you! You're almost like another girl, what with you being gay and all! Hee Hee Hee!"

by Anonymousreply 47September 2, 2011 5:00 AM

The first big hasfrau office thread was hilarious (it had a really specific angle and title), but it led to a huge surge in everything hausfrau and fat-woman coworker which got less and less funny.

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2011 5:24 AM

I loved the responses in the thread about the "Let's Roll" 9/11 widow. Some of them were the funniest things I'd read on DL in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2011 6:00 AM

Oh how humiliating.. The guy who had a crush on the young latin deli guy.%0D %0D The crazy lesbian coke dumped on the kitchen floor thread.%0D %0D Vincent D'onofrio thread.

by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2011 6:03 AM

Ginny in Billing is one of my favs. I have selections of it saved in my personal "Best of Datalounge" word doc.

by Anonymousreply 51September 2, 2011 6:08 AM

Turkey. Meatballs.

by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2011 6:18 AM

Remember the thread about the guy who thought he was sooooooooo hot and couldn't stop having plastic surgery? He had pictures of his highrise apartment all over his website.

by Anonymousreply 53September 2, 2011 6:20 AM

The original 'Ghost Stories and the Occult' thread. I wish that one could rise from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 54September 2, 2011 6:23 AM

Colonial Datalounge. Haddeth wit.

by Anonymousreply 55September 2, 2011 6:27 AM

I recall a trick wanting a fresh towel thread.

It was about him wanting to shower and the guy, whose apartment he was in, wanted him to leave after they fucked, but there was the trick thinking he could stay overnight and get a fresh towel for his shower!!

it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 56September 2, 2011 6:32 AM

Any thread started by the "I love mornings in the city" troll.

by Anonymousreply 57September 2, 2011 6:38 AM

Guys Presenting their Holes never loses its charm.

by Anonymousreply 58September 2, 2011 6:40 AM

The thread about the guy who mistakenly sent a cell phone video he took of himself masturbating to everyone in his contact list. I think it was on a holiday - Easter or Thanksgiving maybe, so all of his relatives got it at the same time, while sitting around the table. I think one fainted and one threw up. Of course his boss and coworkers also got it. Did he quit or get fired? I remember him saying he was moving out of town. Certainly whoever posted made it up, but it was funny, especially the play by play of how it all came crumbling down. As I recall, the first post was something to the effect of "oh my god!!! I sent a video to my whole contact list, how can I undo it??!!" and it went on from there. Those are the kind of ESTs I like.

by Anonymousreply 59September 2, 2011 6:58 AM

MOST ENTERTAINING DL THREADS:

*There's a Ghost in My I-Phone (or similar title)

*(another vote for) I Just Slept with Jani Lane

*(another vote for) Bai Ling is on the Roof

BEST COMEDY DL THREADS:

*God, I Miss Brunch (the post about the clown honking a horn when people try to take a bite of food, plus the thread's sheer ridiculousness alone!)

*The one about the OP watching 3 different couples having sex in the building across from him and a poster then commenting: "Gladys Kravitz, the perv years." I haven't laughed that loud all by myself for a long time...:)

*(another vote for) My Neighbor is a Gargoyle

BEST NON-SNARKY HELPFUL DL THREADS:

*I'm Depressed (or similar title)

*My Kitty is Being Euthanized Tomorrow

MOST FUN TO POST ON DL THREADS:

*Why Do Old People Have to Eat So Early?

*Looking for Help Naming My Orange Tabby Kitty

*I Don't Have any Clean Clothes to Wear to Work Tomorrow

*What's Your Royal Wedding Guest Name (during Will & Kate's wedding)

MOST FUN TO READ AND POST ON DL THREADS:

*The thread about growing up with 1970s colored kitchen and bathroom fixtures, shag rugs and all the earth colors, gold, orange and lime!

*The 'Dear Tasteful Friends' threads

*Neighbors You Hate/Tell Me About Your Neighbors

*Please Regale Me with the Minute Details of Your Life

BEST TITLES ALONE ON DL THREADS:

*Nipples to the Day

*My Boyfriend Fucked Up His Back Steam Cleaning the Carpet and Moving Furniture

by Anonymousreply 60September 2, 2011 7:18 AM

[R7] "Dee Hall Here" threads was a classic. Hell almost all the soap threads were a riot.

And the "Susan Lucci Here" thread that died soon as Dee came in and crushed Susan's feelings.

Also anything that talked about the original M. before everyone was doing the meryl streep thing.

Although now some of my favorites are the Karen Ziemba trolls that pop out of seemingly nowhere but are a complete riot.

by Anonymousreply 61September 2, 2011 7:25 AM

Forgot to add to the 'best titles' -- something like Newscasters You'd Love to Fuck

by Anonymousreply 62September 2, 2011 7:27 AM

DL is so self-consuming. Content about content about content ad infinitum. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 63September 2, 2011 7:31 AM

I love you R60! Great list.

The Jani Lane thread was called: "I just had sex with Jani Lane". Something about the 'real time' threads that makes it more fun.

The whole thread was depressing and funny at the same time. Super sad that Jani died a few weeks later. Posters on the thread, as well as the OP were saying how messed up he was. Little did we know just how messed up. It kind of took the entertainment value out of the thread. I looked at it the week he died and it really wasn't funny anymore. However, at the time of the posting it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 64September 2, 2011 7:33 AM

Nan Michiganwomyn at the Movies: Nan reviewed Brokeback Mountain complete with a proposal for a penis-free alternate lesbian film, Gaia Valley.

by Anonymousreply 65September 2, 2011 7:47 AM

Thanks, R64. I agree about the Jani Lane thread. Yes, dying tends to put a damper on the fun part. RIP, JL.

But, yes, before that happened it was an amazing thread. There was the OP saying he just had sex with Jani Lane and was asking DL posters whether he should go back into the bed where Lane was passed out and bite his shoulder playfully to wake him up. You didn't know what was going to happen next...

by Anonymousreply 66September 2, 2011 7:50 AM

In all fairness, R63, DL has been talking about itself almost as long as I've been here. It's a feature, not a bug.

by Anonymousreply 67September 2, 2011 7:53 AM

"What Celebrities are Thinking right Now" featured Anna Wintour stating, 'If one more child asks to see my oompaloompas, I'm going to find Johnny Depp and stick a knife in his eye!' 'All Alone For Thanksgiving' preceded 'I'm bringing my vegan lesbian for Thanksgiving' by a year. My all time favorite was 'Purple Safety Helmets Required for Beauty School Short Bus'.

by Anonymousreply 68September 2, 2011 7:57 AM

r48 that classic was the brilliant Sows at The Trough

by Anonymousreply 69September 2, 2011 8:37 AM

r68, that helmet thread had me crying with laughter. I love Price.

by Anonymousreply 70September 2, 2011 8:39 AM

the "dear Satan....love Ben Affleck" thread

by Anonymousreply 71September 2, 2011 9:13 AM

Let's hear it for my shitbra!!!

by Anonymousreply 72September 2, 2011 9:35 AM

I liked the one where Denny came to New York from the midwest with his wheelie suitcase looking to crash at strangers' apartment. "Move it along toots" was another favorite.

by Anonymousreply 73September 2, 2011 10:41 AM

The Donna Mills thread

The Daytime Emmy Awards

The Janet Jackson "accident?" at the superbowl, complete with pixs and videos.

by Anonymousreply 74September 2, 2011 10:44 AM

The one about bringing a vegan to a dinner party.

by Anonymousreply 75September 2, 2011 10:53 AM

I enjoyed that rather surreal thread about Daniel Bexton shooting iguanas in his yard.

by Anonymousreply 76September 2, 2011 11:12 AM

I miss Cristy.

by Anonymousreply 77September 2, 2011 11:49 AM

I do remember a lot of these but my all time favorite was Josh's cocktail party thread. Christ that was something like 8 years ago and the DL was free...

by Anonymousreply 78September 2, 2011 12:02 PM

I'm a newbie and these all sound delightful. Laughing my ass off!

Whsh we had a thread that identified all of the trolls...I'm starting to piece together who is who.

by Anonymousreply 79September 2, 2011 12:30 PM

My Sister's Bitch Cat, all about a guy who kept getting scratched and bitten by his sister's cat. The original post ended with two lines that were something like: "Why won't it love me? If it ever comes near me I'm going to pet it again."

by Anonymousreply 80September 2, 2011 12:47 PM

R79, there was a thread once upon a time that asked posters to identify which trolls they were. It was interesting to see which people were the same trolls. Speaking of that, I used to love the Deb Messing troll but haven't read anything from him/her in a long while.

by Anonymousreply 81September 2, 2011 12:51 PM

The "Debra Messing is a cunt" thread - with the starving African orphans who literally had cancer running from their eyes...

by Anonymousreply 82September 2, 2011 1:06 PM

I miss all the crazy threads launched by that deranged 'anti-chicago troll'.

He would have like six or seven threads going simultaneously about how much he hated chicago and everything that was wrong with it.

He eventually got red tagged (speaking of which, where did that little feature go?), and his full madness came to light. Not only was he the anti-chicago troll, he would often answer his own posts defending chicago, and then come back and criticize those.

What a loon.

I miss him.

by Anonymousreply 83September 2, 2011 4:04 PM

Surprised no one has mentioned one of the classic DL threads "How the Facts of Life Girls Would Handle the War in Iraq" from a few years ago. That one I printed up and keep in my file drawer just for a laugh when I need it.

by Anonymousreply 84September 2, 2011 4:17 PM

Don't put too much stock in those "which troll are you?" threads, R81. More than once I've seen an authenticated poster take credit for something I'd written anonymously. Isn't that sad? Nothing on DL has ever made me laugh so hard as Twinkster and his tales of mayhem and face-slapping. It would be worth having David Ehrenstein return if it also meant new tales of Corn Bread Red and Mr. Chives.

by Anonymousreply 85September 2, 2011 4:45 PM

I also love the "freaks You Work With" thread and any that have happened since then. Another favorite that had me laughing til I cried was the thread where everyone dished about horrible weddings they've gone to. %0D %0D And of course:%0D %0D WHY ARE STRAIGHT ME SO STUPID?

by Anonymousreply 86September 2, 2011 4:50 PM

Mine has to be the loved/reviled insane "Sows AT The Trough". It was just packed with hilarious posts. And another vote with "Dialing WIth A Pencil". %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 87September 2, 2011 4:54 PM

Nothing will ever surpass the African Baby Catalogue.

by Anonymousreply 88September 2, 2011 4:58 PM

Let's pretend we're Law & Order

My Daughter Just Got Accepted to Hudson University

Loved those!

by Anonymousreply 89September 2, 2011 5:14 PM

[quote]My Daughter Just Got Accepted to Hudson University

OMG, I had forgotten that thread. So funny!

by Anonymousreply 90September 2, 2011 5:21 PM

Another vote for the original "Sows At The Trough". And "I'm Not Running A Bed And Breakfast Here" AKA Turkey Meatballs was so hilarious because the poster was obviously looking for sympathy but was then ripped to pieces for being a mean-spirited cheapskate.

It's no use wishing for them though- they've all been deleted. That's what happened when we went to the new format. And then the archive from that time to this April was deleted.. this April. I think the biggest loss is of these besides obvious DTPWAP is "The Weird Little Girl Next Door" I used to love reading that when the Classic Archive was still on the left-hand side.

Still, we'll always have our memories, bitches.

On a personal note, my visual version of "Dialing The Phone With A Pencil: In Pictures" was kind of one of those rare examples where we show what a little community we can be when we want to, and share something a bit personal.

Am so glad we've kind of 'got around' the deletion issue by getting to the point of thread genres like "Underwhelmed" and "Freaks You Work With" and the numerous "Julie" threads which go on forever.

Long Live The DL!

by Anonymousreply 91September 2, 2011 5:21 PM

The one about the oyster pancake.

And the old-timey TV shows thread: Top Hat etc.

by Anonymousreply 92September 2, 2011 5:24 PM

All of these - and of course: Dog Fucks Baby in the Ass.

by Anonymousreply 93September 2, 2011 5:26 PM

These all must be old 'cause I've been here daily for over 2 years and don't remember any of them. I wish we could access the old classics.

by Anonymousreply 94September 2, 2011 5:27 PM

Yeah, r82.

The Deb Messing troll is one of my favorites. So perfect, so rare.

Deb Messing restored my faith in the little Baby Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 95September 2, 2011 5:29 PM

The Original Helen Lawson thread. Was that the thread in which we introduced "Helenesque" parfum?

Golden Girls inconsistencies. Pretty amazing that a thread about a TV show's chronic inability to retain a story arc could warrant nearly 700 responses.

by Anonymousreply 96September 2, 2011 5:31 PM

A few years back now the details are sketchy but it was something about a religious black woman was having a shower and sent out a list of expected gifts (expensive gifts like designer purses). I remember somebody linked the thread to where the woman and her friends posted. Anybody else remember that?%0D %0D Also the stolen frosting thread was a classic.

by Anonymousreply 97September 2, 2011 5:33 PM

I knew a girl who was in the Datalounge Hall of Fame. But then she died.

by Anonymousreply 98September 2, 2011 5:40 PM

I started coming here in 2004. So far, my absolute favorite threads have been (in order):

- The guy who bought Claire dinner (keywords: lesbian, steak, bread pudding)

- The frosting thief -- one girls descent into the dark world of buttercream madness

- Tie: The Mattie Stepanek and Shiloh Pepin (aka Oprah's Carnies) threads -- so tasteless, so hilarious

- 2 guys 1 towel (and some turkey meatballs in the freezer)

- welcome to my hell: Brenda Dickson gives the little people a lesson in F-list fabulousness

- Hot (sauce) Mama: Lisa Whelchel shares some godly ways to torture your kids

Honorable mentions:

- greetings from kirker's blog...the gift that keeps on responding

- Oprah calling!

by Anonymousreply 99September 2, 2011 5:42 PM

How could I forget African baby catalogue?! It got me my first two WW acknowledgements on the main page!

by Anonymousreply 100September 2, 2011 5:44 PM

I once had a dear friend who knew a girl who was in the Datalounge Hall of Fame.

And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 101September 2, 2011 5:44 PM

I like the one about the straight FB who hangs a sheet up as a glory hole and makes the OP bring him roast beef sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 102September 2, 2011 5:58 PM

R60 mentioned on of my threads! Yay!

by Anonymousreply 103September 2, 2011 5:59 PM

Massive pussy hound.

Big Bush supporter.

by Anonymousreply 104September 2, 2011 7:01 PM

OMG R97, I REMEMBER THAT

by Anonymousreply 105September 2, 2011 7:15 PM

R97 - That was Prophetess Juanita "Jazz Hands" Bynum.

by Anonymousreply 106September 2, 2011 7:27 PM

Whomever first said "It makes the Baby Jesus cry", which became a regular DL response.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 107September 2, 2011 7:27 PM

[quote] I recall a trick wanting a fresh towel thread. I believe it was called , "I'm not running a bed and breakfast here!" The poster only owned 2 towels, and his fridge/freezer held only frozen turkey meatballs and tonic water.

by Anonymousreply 108September 2, 2011 7:30 PM

I agree, R107, -- plus "Y'all a bunch of hos up in here" and "Cheeto-stained fingers."

by Anonymousreply 109September 2, 2011 7:35 PM

I loved the Jenny from billing thread. For at least the first 2/3 it was perfect collaborative fiction describing the hellish life of working in an office.

by Anonymousreply 110September 2, 2011 7:41 PM

Another vote for "God, I miss brunch". I'll never have Eggs Benedict without thinking of it. Actually "holidays sauce" was kind of sweet.

by Anonymousreply 111September 2, 2011 7:47 PM

No R106 (and R97), it was Bridget Hilliard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 2, 2011 7:47 PM

Seriously? No one remembers . . .%0D %0D Cut vs. Uncut - maybe 2000 or 2001%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 113September 2, 2011 7:48 PM

*kisses doll*

by Anonymousreply 114September 2, 2011 7:52 PM

I enjoyed the Golden Globes thread that pondered why Daphne Zuniga was sitting next to Steven Spielberg.

by Anonymousreply 115September 2, 2011 7:55 PM

How long do threads stick around on DL? Do they automatically get deleted?

by Anonymousreply 116September 2, 2011 7:59 PM

PIPPIN!

by Anonymousreply 117September 2, 2011 8:04 PM

Yes, R111, "Holidays sauce" was a lot sweeter than "Parmer John cheese" lol -- not sure what thread *that* was from though.

by Anonymousreply 118September 2, 2011 8:16 PM

I actually have a hard copy of "What's Your favorite Helen Lawson Show?" %0D %0D I had printed out the first 30 pages of the original thread to give to a friend that didn't have a computer at the time. Glad I still have it, because it's pretty frigging hilarious. Not to mention that it provides a rare glimpse of when threads really could 'take off' without disintegrating into name calling and in-fighting by page two. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 119September 2, 2011 8:19 PM

Can of frosting.

by Anonymousreply 120September 2, 2011 8:19 PM

There is remarkable lack of earrings....caftans....in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 121September 2, 2011 8:25 PM

Congee?

by Anonymousreply 122September 2, 2011 8:36 PM

Does anyone remember the thread about Rob (I can't remember the last name), the most boring man in America?

by Anonymousreply 123September 2, 2011 10:14 PM

I remember the Bridget Hilliard thread. Her husband ran two mega-churches. She was having her 50th birthday at a posh hotel and had a list of very expensive gifts that she desired. Some DL person contacted the newspaper and the story caught on in the media.

by Anonymousreply 124September 2, 2011 10:25 PM

[quote] I remember the Bridget Hilliard thread. Her husband ran two mega-churches. She was having her 50th birthday at a posh hotel and had a list of very expensive gifts that she desired. Some DL person contacted the newspaper and the story caught on in the media.

Yes. After that she removed her "suggeasted gift list" from their website.

by Anonymousreply 125September 2, 2011 10:32 PM

Sumerian Farmwives, now and forever.

by Anonymousreply 126September 2, 2011 10:52 PM

[quote]My all time favorite was 'Purple Safety Helmets Required for Beauty School Short Bus'.

OMfuckingG! I LOVED that thread. Price Leatherbarrow wrote it. It was all about an elaborate practical joke his beauty school colleagues played on him. They had him convinced that there was a new rule requiring all of them to wear a helmet on the bus ride from the parking lot to the school building. And he wore a purple one. Oh man, that was a FUNNY thread!

by Anonymousreply 127September 2, 2011 11:09 PM

9quote0 Was that the thread in which we introduced "Helenesque" parfum?

That was me in that thread. Thank you for remembering. I'm flattered.

by Anonymousreply 128September 2, 2011 11:13 PM

"Does anyone remember the thread about Rob (I can't remember the last name), the most boring man in America?"

Was he the one with a fairly new spa?

by Anonymousreply 129September 2, 2011 11:32 PM

[R126] details? (Cliff Notes, even?)

by Anonymousreply 130September 2, 2011 11:43 PM

For r130:

Oh, fuck! One of those troublesome tribes of the Israelites just killed all our children and cut open our pregnant women because their nasty god told them to!

Husband, this is getting ridiculous. We've gotta move. t by: Tequila Mockingbird treply 1 t03/11/06 @16:10

Honey, please go raid the next village. I need to sacrifice a newborn to Baal next full moon.

by: Anonymous treply 2 t03/11/06 @16:13

Unca, that burlap wrap you've swathed yourself in is just tres, tres divine. I'd sacrifice one of my children to Dagon to have it, especially for the next harvest!

by: Noonka treply 3 t03/11/06 @16:19

Those chickpeas sure are growing!

by: Anonymous treply 4 t03/11/06 @16:22

Goomgam, are things okay between you and the hubby? I notice your left hand is hacked off.

by: Bumalaka treply 5 t03/11/06 @16:24

by Anonymousreply 131September 2, 2011 11:52 PM

Suri's Diary Joey Luft's Worst Memory

by Anonymousreply 132September 3, 2011 12:00 AM

"What's Your Favorite Helen Lawson Musical" was truly funny and inspired

by Anonymousreply 133September 3, 2011 12:01 AM

I read this whole thread to find mentioned the most compelling, schlock-o-rama, lurid, enthralling, elaborate scenario thread ever and nobody has yet to mention it, so I will-%0D %0D "I'm in love with my father-in-law"%0D %0D Truly extraordinary ; in a class by itself. That est set a standard that no other poster has come close to.%0D %0D Shout out to "114 and Rochelle." %0D %0D Honorable mention to "Man dies from fucking a horse."

by Anonymousreply 134September 3, 2011 12:04 AM

I'd like to add "Potluck Dinner 1973"

by Anonymousreply 135September 3, 2011 12:10 AM

God, I love you people.

by Anonymousreply 136September 3, 2011 12:10 AM

"I am so sad, I am crying as I press my stylus into my clay tablet."

by Anonymousreply 137September 3, 2011 12:11 AM

R134, those are just gross.

by Anonymousreply 138September 3, 2011 12:14 AM

Two of my favorite trolls of all times Junita "Jazz Hands" bynum, and Dee Hall here. To me that is Classic W&W.

Anytime I even saw "jazz hands" I would end up laughing.

by Anonymousreply 139September 3, 2011 12:15 AM

What is EST?

by Anonymousreply 140September 3, 2011 12:18 AM

est- elaborate scenario thread. %0D %0D The OP posts an outlandish, extraordinary "real" situation to provoke responses.

by Anonymousreply 141September 3, 2011 12:26 AM

Dog fucks baby in the ass!

by Anonymousreply 142September 3, 2011 12:38 AM

Celebration cak.

by Anonymousreply 143September 3, 2011 12:50 AM

I enjoyed Pee pi, the pig that gpt porked.

by Anonymousreply 144September 3, 2011 12:52 AM

I remember some dizzy queen who thought a bichon frise was a 'bitchin' frizzy'

by Anonymousreply 145September 3, 2011 12:54 AM

[R131] thank you...I am wiping the tears away from laughing so hard!

I think I remember the news event about man fucking horse and dying [R134] - he worked at some big corporation and there was video of it somewhere. Talk about that which has been seen cannot be unseen (I needed a Silkwood shower after that).

by Anonymousreply 146September 3, 2011 12:57 AM

the baked potato bar party

by Anonymousreply 147September 3, 2011 1:07 AM

Does anyone remember about the one about the dying sister with the retarded son. The uncle was going to be the guardian when the sister died? It was so twisted and unbelievably funny.

Loved the Temple Grandin Troll!!!!

by Anonymousreply 148September 3, 2011 1:23 AM

What am I, chopped liver? I'm even on the DL wiki page!

Swangin'!

by Anonymousreply 149September 3, 2011 1:36 AM

r124 - that's it, thank you! I had a lot of the details wrong but remember that I loved that thread and laughed a lot at it.

by Anonymousreply 150September 3, 2011 2:44 AM

r148, they would link a picture of Temple Grandin for Cynthia Nixon's girlfriend and I always fell for it and clicked on the link.

by Anonymousreply 151September 3, 2011 2:48 AM

What was the thread when one guy mentioned a date who was wearing a spangly skirt and smoking crack? It ended with 'lucky lucky me' or something similar. Loved that one.

I was riveted by the Dustin Dewind thread. Dustin, what happened? it was years ago.

Vegan dinner thread was one i started. Event itself was actually pretty mellow and fine overall. Much less drama than DL anticipated but I loved all the responses.

by Anonymousreply 152September 3, 2011 5:42 AM

The hapless twink tourist with a suitcase on a roller who got lost in Manhattan: WEHT?

by Anonymousreply 153September 3, 2011 6:01 AM

The Ben Affleck in rehab thread was another classic.

by Anonymousreply 154September 3, 2011 6:10 AM

There are so many great threads on Datalounge! Now, if we can only stop all the racist, antisemitic ones with the word Jew, Bible, God and Nazi in the titles. These appear to be innocent, but I've uncovered lies and propaganda on all of them and it's sick. There are white supremist sickos infiltrating DL. Maybe they aren't even gay or aren't here to be a part of the LGBT community, but rather to try to subtly change thinking patterns and spread their crap.

Okay, enough.

by Anonymousreply 155September 3, 2011 6:22 AM

F&D noodles webbie!!! That cunt is back. Next thing yoh know she'll be saying your once upon a time manhood is thin and limp. Oh the horror! I can't relive those days. F&D her now mommy!!!

by Anonymousreply 156September 3, 2011 6:45 AM

It was a fake Noodles, ya stupid cunt. I posted that.

by Anonymousreply 157September 3, 2011 7:25 AM

I adored "Famous Last Words" with Christa McAuliffe asking, "What does this button do?"

by Anonymousreply 158September 3, 2011 7:37 AM

OMG, the Sumerian Housewives! That thread was an example of DL's insanely hilarious powers of collaboration. R131, I love you for posting that!

by Anonymousreply 159September 3, 2011 8:10 AM

Let's Pretend We Are Rich Russian Lady!%0D %0D Let's Cast the Lifetime Original Movie of...%0D %0D (also, I wish the Thread Title Mashup threads would stick around...but they always get deleted).

by Anonymousreply 160September 3, 2011 8:35 AM

What was Dialing The Phone With A Pencil about? I avoided it and now realize based on these responses that was a mistake.

My favorite was the turkey meatballs towel guy's thread.

by Anonymousreply 161September 3, 2011 9:04 AM

Okay, I'm going to have to try to find the towel, trick, turkey meatball thread after hearing so much about it! Is it still on DL?

Is it I'm Not Running a Bed and Breakfast or something?

by Anonymousreply 162September 3, 2011 9:58 AM

That's it, R60.

by Anonymousreply 163September 3, 2011 10:13 AM

The guy who sent the video of himself jerking off to his entire phonebook causing his aunt to have a heart attack and his uncle to vomit (or something like that) and was going to skip town in the middle of the night and never show up at work again.

by Anonymousreply 164September 3, 2011 10:58 AM

Bridget Hilliard thread...the funniest part was her website had a scrolling comments section and the DL posted all kinds of crazy stuff and it just scrolled and scrolled!!

I liked DataLounge Land. That thread truly showed the Datalounge posters at their best.

by Anonymousreply 165September 3, 2011 2:45 PM

That foot fetish guy who stalked a home-shopping host named Kerry McWhatsit.

by Anonymousreply 166September 3, 2011 3:00 PM

I found an article about Bridget Hillard.....sick bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 3, 2011 3:24 PM

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the one about the fat guy who was visiting NYC and going to Splash with his suitcase and looking to find somewhere to sleep was one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 168September 3, 2011 3:39 PM

All this talk about old threads has Mama looking in her Fashion Bug Plus for a new MuuMuu! These old threads are so dusty that Mama's Mussy's leakage is mixing with the dust and creating a foul paste that event Mama's dog "Poncho" won't lick up!

by Anonymousreply 169September 3, 2011 4:48 PM

My vote for best thread title of all time:

Bitches Turn on Your TV

by Anonymousreply 170September 3, 2011 5:08 PM

Thug Duck...Peed myself

by Anonymousreply 171September 3, 2011 5:49 PM

Something to the effect of "19th Century TV Shows"

Dancing with Tsars

Mother May I Bundle with Percy?

by Anonymousreply 172September 3, 2011 6:04 PM

I am a sucker for those "Let's Pretend" threads.%0D %0D Let's Pretend We Are a Trader Joe's%0D %0D Let's Pretend We Are a Costco%0D %0D %0D One thread that made me cry was the beautiful tribute thread to Lance Loud when he died. :(

by Anonymousreply 173September 3, 2011 6:08 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 174July 14, 2012 2:30 PM

Lisa Beamer's chain of stores - Let's Roll Cinnamon Rolls.

by Anonymousreply 175July 14, 2012 3:03 PM

I'm sure no one remembers this but the thread about embarrassing toilet experiences. It was the craziest funniest thing I've read. Couldn't stop laughing at all the stories. But the thread, which had hundreds of posts, was deleted.

I started lurking here after that.

by Anonymousreply 176July 14, 2012 3:12 PM

A few I enjoyed that haven't been mentioned.

-"Everything I need to know I learned from QAF"

-"Dancing with the Tsars"

-"Nana Mouskouri just called" (way before the Bai Ling thread)

there was also a thread from way back where one word in the titles of movies, books, TV shows and songs was replaced with 'cunt'. It was childish but it brought tears to my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 177July 14, 2012 3:13 PM

When you drink a milkshake does it come out as piss or shit?

by Anonymousreply 178July 14, 2012 5:01 PM

The most amazing thread to me was a gossip thread about Judging Amy or Gilmore Girls where we were talking about the behind the scenes fights between the showrunner and the star and the showrunner came on to defend herself. Does anyone recall that one?

by Anonymousreply 179July 14, 2012 5:21 PM

Say what you will about "Mama" (NOT Momma) but she started MANY everlasting DL memes in here. Much to the chagrin of the Anti-Noodles troll who failed MISERABLY.

Heh, heh.

by Anonymousreply 180July 14, 2012 5:22 PM

The Ginny thread still makes me chuckle when I think of it....is that saved anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 181July 14, 2012 5:29 PM

the Deidre Hall thread to me was hilarious.

The crack about Dee insisting that if she played Ada in the remake of AW that she'd contractually wear a dish rag over her shoulder, the technique perfected by the late Connie Ford.

by Anonymousreply 182July 14, 2012 5:37 PM

I feel sad they're all gone.I'm sure Let's Create a Jennifer Aniston Movie' will join the Hall of Fame.

by Anonymousreply 183July 14, 2012 7:00 PM

Sumerian Housewives was great.

by Anonymousreply 184December 31, 2012 1:31 AM

Shitty Little Anne!!!!

by Anonymousreply 185December 31, 2012 1:37 AM

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 186September 1, 2013 12:11 AM

[quote]Sumerian Housewives was great.

Sumerian FARMWIVES!

by Anonymousreply 187September 1, 2013 12:27 AM

It was my late partner who died of cancer. Can you believe he'll have been gone for four years soon? I've missed him every waking minute of every single day since he passed away.

I don't know if I ever told you how much your support and caring messages meant to me during those final weeks. They still do.

I'm going back to Maine, where we scattered his ashes, to "be with him" on the anniversary. I have every year.

Thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart.

by Anonymousreply 188September 1, 2013 1:29 AM

You are welcome.

by Anonymousreply 189September 1, 2013 1:43 PM

[quote]Who[...]ever first said "It makes the Baby Jesus cry", which became a regular DL response

Like most things people think started here, that actually started on the old Television Without Pity forums.

by Anonymousreply 190September 1, 2013 2:45 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss, r188. I remember Ken telling us about his condition on the Patrick Swayze thread and how he managed to bring the best about us bitches, which has to be the DL equivalent of climbing the Everest. Know that your partner is fondly remembered even by those who were not lucky to meet him in person. Take care.

by Anonymousreply 191September 1, 2013 11:10 PM

I remember a thread that was called something like "Broadway Musicals That Closed Out of Town", or something like that. There was one reply that made me spit. It was a failed musical based on "The Miracle Worker" entitled, "It's WATER, Helen!"

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 192September 1, 2013 11:50 PM

I miss Juanita "Jazz Hands" Bynum. Where did she go?

by Anonymousreply 193April 5, 2014 11:10 PM

A couple obscure ones that tickled me: the field trip to the Christian board, Lourdes and Rocco speak French so Madonna won't understand them, free refills on soda, any Larry King thread, footless roller coaster girl, and let's make a Jennifer Aniston movie.

by Anonymousreply 194April 5, 2014 11:32 PM

The field trip to the Christian board reminded me of the DL field trip to the UK newspaper website where all the Eurofraus were cluck-clucking over the Madeleine McCann case. They went BONKERS.

I also loved the group autobiographies -- there was one on Star Jones' wedding day ("The Marriage of Bigaro") and the "Rosie Dearest" book that was supposedly being written by Rosie's kids in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 195April 6, 2014 12:43 AM

The Boston Bomber Presents Hole

by Anonymousreply 196April 6, 2014 12:58 AM

[quote]The field trip to the Christian board reminded me of the DL field trip to the UK newspaper website where all the Eurofraus were cluck-clucking over the Madeleine McCann case. They went BONKERS.

Lee Anne DeVette started a thread entitled "The Little Bitch Had it Coming" -- and the whole board went wild.

by Anonymousreply 197April 6, 2014 2:49 AM

I miss Juanita "Jazz Hands" Bynum. Where did she go?

indeed, VERY funny poster

by Anonymousreply 198April 6, 2014 2:51 AM

"Celebrity Fragrances" was genius.

I remember "Still" by Christopher Reeve.

by Anonymousreply 199April 6, 2014 2:54 AM

Wasn't Juanita "Jazz Hands" Bynum the same guy who created Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian?

by Anonymousreply 200April 6, 2014 2:56 AM

I liked the more recent ones like "Datalounge's Favorite Mystery Novels" and "Datalounge's Favorite Memoirs."

by Anonymousreply 201April 6, 2014 6:31 AM

Too funny all

by Anonymousreply 202April 6, 2014 1:22 PM

A thread that I started in 2002 keeps getting mentioned in the DL Hall of Fame threads. It's interesting to note that people still remember.

by Anonymousreply 203April 6, 2014 4:37 PM

Hall of Famer: Patty Duke rules.

by Anonymousreply 204April 6, 2014 4:41 PM

Gargoyle Neighbor

Dark Lesbians

The recent thread about Datalounge if it existed in the 80s was great too. I love those kind of creative threads.

by Anonymousreply 205April 6, 2014 7:51 PM

Gargoyle Neighbor. That was my first trip into past threads after someone posted a mention of it. Laughed so hard I thought I was going to lose a lung!

by Anonymousreply 206February 5, 2019 11:15 PM

Who are the funny posters these days? There don't seem to be as many as there used to be. Or maybe it was just two people constantly posting.

by Anonymousreply 207February 5, 2019 11:38 PM

DL is humorless these days.

by Anonymousreply 208February 5, 2019 11:46 PM

My Trick Stole My Best Mme Alexander Doll!!!

Soundcloud Rapper Dead Threads (lil Peep especially & XXXtacion)

Dan Motherfuck Thread, but I can't remember the title, kid stuck his head out of a bus, got smacked by overpass

by Anonymousreply 209February 6, 2019 12:19 AM

The first Helen Lawson threads made me laugh out loud! And >kisses doll<

by Anonymousreply 210February 6, 2019 1:59 AM

Jackie OnAssistance was a good one

Pasta straining always started an argument

countless others...

by Anonymousreply 211February 6, 2019 3:25 AM

The "When bitch last seen them kids" thread on Nicole Kidman and her relationship with her children from her marriage to Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 212February 6, 2019 3:44 AM

The recent thread with Miss Warwick reporting from the Detroit funeral of Aretha Franklin was one of the best ever.

by Anonymousreply 213February 6, 2019 3:47 AM

r211 How could I forget the pasta straining? Any etiquette/kitchen thread, really, is good. The soda box in the fridge, and OMG--bread! that one was great.

by Anonymousreply 214February 6, 2019 5:56 AM

MY BLATINO HUSBEAR

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE POST THE PIC OF BAI LING EXITING A LIMO, BEEF CURTAINS-FIRST?

HELL'S KITCHEN IS OVERRUN WITH WHORES

by Anonymousreply 215February 6, 2019 7:57 AM

WHY ARE STRAIGHT ME SO STUPID?

by Anonymousreply 216February 6, 2019 8:00 AM

The Melissa Beth Miller NYT’s thread was diabolical fun, but it’s gone now...

by Anonymousreply 217February 6, 2019 10:03 AM

Has there been a remotely memorable thread since the Jennifer Anniston Movie one?

by Anonymousreply 218February 6, 2019 10:27 AM

Shobe was great: An African-American lesbian serving great dish about African-American sports figures and sometime recording stars.

Elizabethan Datalounge with the classic post :"This thread is useless without Nicholas Hilliard portrait miniatures."

by Anonymousreply 219February 6, 2019 6:58 PM

The Subluxation Saga was a thing of snarky beauty.

by Anonymousreply 220February 6, 2019 8:54 PM

I still masturbate to memories of HOOTZ.

by Anonymousreply 221February 6, 2019 8:59 PM

Surprised no one has mentioned the infamous “I’ve just been caught masturbating in my office car park during lunch” (or words to that effect) thread! Just thinking about the comments on it still makes me laugh. A DL classic!

by Anonymousreply 222February 6, 2019 10:17 PM

Here's the 9/11 thread, if nobody has posted it yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223February 7, 2019 6:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!