Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trick or Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 57)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 6, 2018 5:12 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 26, 2018 4:50 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

My Treasons Are Not My Own (The Mueller Investigation Part 33) (07/08/18)

The Treasons a Baby Cries (The Mueller Investigation Part 34) (07/13/19)

Get to Know Your Family Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 35) (07/15/18)

All You Got To Do is Hold Him And Kiss Him and Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 36) (07/17/18)

by Anonymousreply 2October 26, 2018 4:51 AM

Fall or Spring? Which Would / Wouldn't Be Your Favorite Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 37) (07/18/18)

It's the Time of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 38) (07/21/18)

My Treasonal Summer Job Abroad (The Mueller Investigation Part 39) (07/25/18)

Yellow is the Color of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 40) (07/27/18)

ThWhen will it Be Mushroom Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (09/21/18) e Treason for my Life's Trials and Tribulations (The Mueller Investigation Part 41)1) (07/31/18)

Hunting Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 42) (08/04/18)

It's Swimsuit Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 43) (08/07/18)

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44) (08/12/18)

Tre45onal Affective Disorder (The Mueller Investigation Part 45) (08/16/18)

A Plea for Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 46 (08/21/18)

Untreasonably Hot (The Mueller Investigation Part 47) (08/22/18)

There is a Treason... Turn, Turn, Turn (The Mueller Investigation Part 48) (08/24/18)

The Voice of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 49) (08/28/18)

The Golden Age of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 50) (09/03/18)

Treasons for Remaining Anonymous (The Mueller Investigation Part 51) (09/08/18)

Hurricane Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 52) (09/16/18)

All Natural Mushroom Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (09/22/18)

Treasoning with an Alcoholic (The Mueller Investigation Part 54) (09/28/18)

Judicial Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 55) (10/06/18)

Treasons for Hidden Genius (The Mueller Investigation Part 56) (10/15/18)

Trick or Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 57) (10/25/18)

by Anonymousreply 3October 26, 2018 4:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 26, 2018 5:26 AM

Perfect title, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5October 26, 2018 7:09 AM

OP - OMG - Why did I have to see that pic right before bedtme????

by Anonymousreply 6October 26, 2018 7:33 AM

Great title, OP!

by Anonymousreply 7October 26, 2018 11:30 AM

Someone suggested it a couple of threads ago.

by Anonymousreply 8October 26, 2018 11:36 AM

I could almost half-believe that Trump arranged the whole bomb plot just to deflect from the Khashoggi thing and/or the iPhone story.

by Anonymousreply 9October 26, 2018 12:31 PM

Arrests will be announced/made on November 7, the morning after.

by Anonymousreply 10October 26, 2018 12:36 PM

Love the title OP! Geez, we will have to think up some good Christmas ones soon (hard to believe it's been almost a year since these threads started).

by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2018 1:10 PM

Thank you. The Mueller Investigation thread series keeps me sane in an insane time.

by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2018 1:10 PM

It's actually a year TOMORROW since the first Mueller thread went up.

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY EVERYBODY!!!!!

I wonder how many more anniversaries will pass before we don't need these threads anymore.

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2018 1:45 PM

Yes, this thread title was suggested earlier by one of you and I thanked and mentioned at the time that I'd make sure to use it when the time rolled around. Thanks again for the suggestion and keep them coming!

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2018 1:50 PM

r13, fuck! Only a year? Fuck! Call me Mary, but to me it seems like this Trump drama is going on forever (though there was the whole election campaign drama, too).

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2018 2:02 PM

It feels longer r15 because technically it is. The first thread was a response to Mueller’s first indictment — he had already been on the case for six months at that point. And REALLY when you think about it, this all began the day of the inauguration. Remember how quickly Flynn was out? It was a month after the inauguration that Flynn was caught. And then immediately afterward the talks of a Special Counsel began, it took a few months for that to build enough steam to occur.

While these threads are a year old, we’ve all been living through this for 2.5 years as I count my stress/fears/anxiety beginning when he became the front-runner. Thank God for these threads. We REALLY should do a GoFund me when this is over and publish them into a single bound book, the DL gay progressive post-modern version of the Warren Report. These threads, while not academic, have documented this chapter of our history in real-time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2018 2:49 PM

To all those voting, be very careful to recheck your ballots, votes are getting switched from Dem to GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2018 3:27 PM

They have someone in custody who is apparently responsible for the bombings. He’s from - surprise, surprise - South Florida.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2018 3:30 PM

Is it legal to take a picture of your ballot? I know that might sound silly, but I vaguely remember reading about someone being stopped from doing that?

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2018 3:34 PM

R19, it depends on where you live:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2018 3:41 PM

Studies have shown that Facebook users are more inclined to vote after seeing their friends post about voting on social media.

by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2018 3:42 PM

R20, thanks! I had no idea that it’s legal in my state to take selfies with my ballot!

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2018 3:46 PM

Another story. I live in the IL 6th District, it’s a showdown between Peter Roskam and Sean Casten. I’ve had Casten signs in my yard right by the road for months, I live on a very busy residential street, so I’m trying to take advantage of that. There are TONS of signs in my town, I would say it’s evenly split on the signs between Repub and Dems.

Anyway, earlier this week a volunteer came and delivered/installed the BIG sign I requested from the Casten team, it’s like 3’ x 4’. I had it right by my mailbox near the road to maximize impact. The volunteer who installed it asked me if I was worried that my city would make me move it because the parkway is technically their property. I told him just put it there because they left my other signs alone.

So I come home yesterday, the sign has been moved to the middle of my yard, which means drivers can’t see it at all, my house is set back far from the road. I assumed the city did it, but then my neighbor told me they saw a guy in a minivan in my driveway moving it. I’m noticing that Republican signs were NOT moved on my street but mine was. I’m not making this up. I fucking HATE these scumbags, they will do fucking ANYTHING.

If it was the city, why wasn’t it a city vehicle? Why would Casten’s campaign come and move a highly visible sign? It can only be “them.” I’m going to move it back this weekend, fuck these people.

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2018 3:48 PM

Clever title...

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2018 3:53 PM

R23 did you move it back?

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2018 6:33 PM

OP, good pic choice and title.

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2018 6:54 PM

For the Thanksgiving period, consider a DJT enabling politician of high rank with a turkey wattle.

Mc-SomethingOrAnother

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2018 7:01 PM

And for Xmas, “O Christmas Treason, O Christmas Treason, how evergreen your executive branches”

by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2018 8:22 PM

Not yet r25, but I’m going to....don’t you think that story is WEIRD? I’m trying to not be paranoid but it’s really really hard not to when one continually reads about all the creative ways they’re suppressing votes. Like last night Rachel did a segment on North Carolina and how the state made it illegal to continue “Souls & Polls” which I guess is something black churches do — in the past all the counties offered voting on Sundays, so many black churchgoers who work during week were able to go vote on a Sunday after church. The state Supreme Court shot that decision back down, so now the Law is that each county decides if they will offer Souls & Polls, and currently only 23 out of maybe 145 offer it!!!! So yes, I’m very very paranoid.

It is possible that my sign was moved by a campaign worker for my candidate (Sean Casten) but I keep coming back to, why would they use their limited volunteer labor to do that? I suppose maybe my town could have reprimanded them so their workers were “fixing” signs that violated local signage ordinances, but I don’t know. I have another neighbor who is highly involved in the Sean Casten campaign, I texted her this afternoon and she told me she’s always been told that with signage “anything goes” when it’s two weeks out from the vote. I might try calling my city hall....

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2018 8:41 PM

dON'T LET THEM BULLY YOU, R29!

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2018 8:42 PM

R29, take pics, move the sign back, and then call City Hall. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2018 8:55 PM

A lot of quiet legal maneuverings over Grand Jury subpoenas going on.

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2018 9:03 PM

Our klassy Asshole-in-Chief

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2018 9:48 PM

So the bomber was a huge Pres Tre45on fan. Surprise, surprise, surprise!

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2018 9:50 PM

R32 I've been unplugged most of the day. What's going on?

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2018 9:50 PM

Cheeto has a rally tonight in Charlotte. More hateful propaganda to follow.

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2018 9:51 PM

Meanwhile, there was that rally inside the White House where they were yelling lock her up. What the he’ll is going on.

by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2018 10:31 PM

R29 - I'm a volunteer putting up the 4 ' x 8' signs for the local democrat.

I have received texts from the campaign asking me to relocate signs that are blocking the views of traffic (at stop signs, hills or intersections). We have always gone out and moved them back. As far as I know, the city, county or townships don't arbitrarily move the signs without contacting the campaign or the home owner first.

I would call the campaign and ask the sign person (the canvasser person, rally person, commercial person, or person, etc won't know. You have to talk to the sign person).

It would be mighty dangerous in these parts to randomly show up and start moving signs in people's yards if the home owner isn't aware you're coming out or if you are not from the city. They will shoot you around here in some areas.

Calk the city and call the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2018 10:46 PM

Thank you SO much r38, that is extremely helpful and reassuring!!!

by Anonymousreply 39October 26, 2018 10:49 PM

[quote]So the bomber was a huge Pres Tre45on fan.

A MAGAT.

by Anonymousreply 40October 26, 2018 11:03 PM

At his rally I am sure Trump will blame the Democratic Party for pushing that poor Deplorable to send all these bombs.

Hillary, that kid sized pizza eating witch, was asking for it (to receive a bomb) since she is so bad with handling her emails.

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2018 11:16 PM

R41 This is what happens when you put a demagogue in the seat of power... he perverts that power to spread his demagoguery, which is his one and only goal. His every action as president is to delude and radicalize people.

by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2018 11:50 PM

R40 Yes!!!

by Anonymousreply 43October 26, 2018 11:54 PM

R29, how about that other story Rachel covered about Kansas? There is a town that has a high Native population. The usual number of voters per polling place is something around 1500. This town has 13,000 and only has one polling place. But, that's not the news. The news is that the state decided to move their one polling place outside of the town limits. Far enough away that it's difficult to get to because it isn't near any public transportation. And, to top all of that...the state sent out a flyer to all the newly registered voters with the wrong address for the new polling place!

Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 44October 27, 2018 1:47 AM

[quote]Far enough away that it's difficult to get to because it isn't near any public transportation. And, to top all of that...the state sent out a flyer to all the newly registered voters with the wrong address for the new polling place!

There should be a lawsuit about that.

by Anonymousreply 45October 27, 2018 2:07 AM

That's Dodge City, Kansas, R44. It has a population of about 27,000, of which around 80% are Latino. Most polling places in Kansas serve populations of about one-tenth that or Dodge City, but Dodge City has long been limited to only one. There are myriad problems with voter suppression involving Dodge City, all of which can be laid at the feet of the odious Kris Kobach, the current Kansas Secretary of State and GOP candidate for governor...and massive vote fraudster. (Not to mention a major Trump accolyte as well, of course.)

by Anonymousreply 46October 27, 2018 2:14 AM

Mueller's team is clearly zeroing in on ROGER STONE, and I think indictments may drop soon after election day. Randy Credico is not a very, how shall I say, credico witness, but I think Mueller has much more on Roger. Much, much more.

by Anonymousreply 47October 27, 2018 2:20 AM

I hope Mueller plans on indicting more than just Roger Stone r47.

ALL this for Roger Stone? That would be underwhelming to say the least.

Come on Mueller!

by Anonymousreply 48October 27, 2018 2:28 AM

I meant Roger Stone for starters. Roger Stone as an amuse bouche

by Anonymousreply 49October 27, 2018 2:36 AM

I believe those on Twitter saying that the story about voting machines in Texas switching parties is a hoax with an intent to depress voting.

by Anonymousreply 50October 27, 2018 5:20 AM

Roger Stone is like a richer, better educated version of Cesar Sayoc.

by Anonymousreply 51October 27, 2018 10:38 AM

Will Roger be giving up swinging?

by Anonymousreply 52October 27, 2018 11:53 AM

President Trump accused the news media of trying to "score political points" on Friday after a suspect was taken into custody following a spate of attempted mail bombings targeting prominent Democrats. Trump argued during a campaign rally in Charlotte, N.C., on Friday night that the "media has a major role to play whether they want to or not" in repairing the civility of political discourse.

The crowd responded by chanting "media sucks."

"The media's constant unfair coverage, deep hostility and negative attacks only serve to drive people apart and to undermine healthy debate," Trump continued.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 27, 2018 1:05 PM

Are any Republicans or staffers even trying to get him to stop? I wonder what they’re saying behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 54October 27, 2018 1:25 PM

They're probably like us, hoping he'll get so fired up and have a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 55October 27, 2018 1:55 PM

My God, some of these fucking Trump supporters truly are delusional.....they insist this was a left wing ploy to suppress the election....and the concerning part is they believe it whole heartedly believe it. And they wonder why the nutjobs get violent..

by Anonymousreply 56October 27, 2018 2:44 PM

R56 Totally agree. It's beyond all rational thought and deeply delusional and toxic that they think this is a left wing conspiracy!

What is happening that Donnie Darko can get away with blaming "the media" and calling them an enemy of the people?

Gaslighting pure and simple.

Is there any method to his madness like neuro linguistic programming? Studying Hitler's speeches? KGB tried and true propaganda? Or is it just the hate filled, narcissistic deflection and blame being generated from his soulless, addled brain?

by Anonymousreply 57October 27, 2018 3:15 PM

It’s all from the former Soviet playbook; call out your opponent for what you’re doing before they call you out for doing it, attack the press for uncovering your nefarious actions, and, if possible, find your own press to trumpet your falsehoods...

by Anonymousreply 58October 27, 2018 3:17 PM

All of the above, r57.

by Anonymousreply 59October 27, 2018 3:22 PM

It’s only the psychologically vulnerable, though - there’s been some bizzare, distressed behavior over the last week, amd someone needs to bring Fox to heel. Soon.

by Anonymousreply 60October 27, 2018 3:30 PM

I saw 3 of Trumps base interviewed by MSNBC at his rally yesterday and they were convinced that Hillary and Obama sent the IED's to themselves. And one blonde haired MAGA knit hat saying I heard it was a Bernie Sanders supporter. The 2 men interviewed sounded like they had IQ"s of around 80's and the woman was around IQ of 1oo. If these are representative of his base, these people cannot be reasoned with and they will follow their dear leader straight into hell. God this country is hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 61October 27, 2018 3:47 PM

This Halloween I'm going to sit in a pumpkin patch and await the arrival of Robert S. Mueller III

by Anonymousreply 62October 27, 2018 3:59 PM

Happy Anniversary to the start of these threads. Thankful to have some of you others around to help keep my sanity!

by Anonymousreply 63October 27, 2018 4:16 PM

Ooo-oooo, I can't wait. I'm so excited and filled with hope. Thanks to everyone on this board who provides thoughtful insightful information. I have learned a lot here. It won't be much longer.

by Anonymousreply 64October 27, 2018 4:21 PM

The most sincere pumpkin patch R62!

by Anonymousreply 65October 27, 2018 4:34 PM

[quote]There should be a lawsuit about that.

The ACLU is doing just that.

by Anonymousreply 66October 27, 2018 4:34 PM

It’s the Great Trumpkin, Charlie Brown!

by Anonymousreply 67October 27, 2018 5:06 PM

Or the Hate Pumpkin, r67

by Anonymousreply 68October 27, 2018 5:43 PM

Somehow, Roger Stone does not amuse my bouche.

by Anonymousreply 69October 27, 2018 6:19 PM

Thank you everyone for posting to shine the light on this ducking traitorous Putin-led Nazi in the White House.

You have helped keep me sane and hopeful. For that, I thank you and all the former OPs but especially this OP who took up the responsibility early on and never failed us.

by Anonymousreply 70October 27, 2018 6:27 PM

OP, j'adore your pumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 71October 27, 2018 6:32 PM

This country is not hopeless. This country has a fucked up minority population who - tragically - had foreign help stealing the last presidential election.

We're fixing to deal with that shit right quick.

by Anonymousreply 72October 27, 2018 6:34 PM

^^re: TEN DAYS

And what if we don't win? What if the Democrats are NOT able to overtake the House? Then what do we do? I don't doubt we have enough votes if everyone who can vote does vote. But we always did! The Republicans are great Cheaters! How many major and minor elections have they stolen? And BECAUSE they're in charge, (because they cheated), our voting systems have not only not been fixed, but will probably be hacked further still resulting in the Republicans "winning".

I'm not trying to seed dissension. I'm expressing frustration that - (to use an old cliche) - all of our eggs are being placed in one basket yet nobody has come up with a contingency plan: a Plan B. Other than rioting in the streets.

Remember, Trump "winning" was as much a shock to him and most of his supporters as it was to everybody else. So we on the Left were stunned, had no plan in how we'd deal with it, and look where we are now. They had a plan for losing and were ready to immediately put it into place, (Trump TV, also rioting in the streets).

What plan do we have? WE have 10 days to come up with one.

by Anonymousreply 73October 27, 2018 7:39 PM

^^

Exhibit A:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 27, 2018 7:41 PM

R73, you're a fucking idiot. YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.

There is no Plan B. There is no other way. There is one way and one way only in our country. It's VOTING. If we lose then we lost and we'll have to do better next time. I don't think we'll lose and I refuse to feed into ridiculous, fucked up hysteria about it.

We believe in Democracy and Democratic principles. We believe in good governance. We believe in voting. We do not believe in rioting in the streets or cheating or stealing or any of that shit. We have lawyers all over the country, especially in crucially important states and counties. We believe in the rule of law. All we have is the law and if we have to use it to ensure the vote, then that's what we'll do. If we fail then we'll have to pick ourselves the fuck up and get back to work for the next election.

by Anonymousreply 75October 27, 2018 7:54 PM

R73 has weirdly forgotten that *without* a plan we were out in the streets the minute that fucking asshole got "elected" two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 76October 27, 2018 7:56 PM

I planned to vote (by mail) this weekend. The synagogue was shot up, and I am being asked to "reaffirm the 2nd Amendment" in my Trumpsville county in a blue state. So white men can walk down main street with their fucking rifles.

We had Huckabee visit on TH to open an anti abortion pregnancy crisis place, so they can adopt the kids to evangelicals. I wanted to protest, but I was too busy driving my mother in law to the doctor.

by Anonymousreply 77October 27, 2018 8:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 27, 2018 9:30 PM

R75, you are naive. How many more elections do you think we should allow them to blatantly steal?

by Anonymousreply 79October 27, 2018 9:38 PM

None, R79. I just believe in Democracy and in democratic principles of governance. And I believe in the rule of law and the United States Constitution. If I have any religion, that's it.

If we become them, if we are them, then we aren't fit to win against them and I don't think we can. They've had a lot more practice being scumbags than we have, they'll win. That's been the problem, we've tried to be more Republican instead of forcing them to be more Democratic. At least sometimes we've done that. I don't think it's how we win.

TURNOUT is how we win. It's how we always win. Well, that and better candidates than they ever have, including Hillary being better than Fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 80October 27, 2018 9:56 PM

Lindsey goes to Nevada to declare love of Kavanaugh.....

and "blow up in Democrats faces.

Nevada, please keep Lindsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 27, 2018 10:22 PM

Too late, Miz Lindz headed to Tennessee to campaign for Marsha Blackburn on her "love of Kavanaugh" tour.

by Anonymousreply 82October 27, 2018 10:30 PM

r73....Please stop with the "Trump was shocked" bullshit. HE WAS NOT SHOCKED. HE COLLUDED WITH A FOREIGN ENTITY TO RIG THE ELECTION. HE WAS AWARE. HE WAS AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT. If Trump feigned shock, it was only to try and throw people off his trail.

by Anonymousreply 83October 27, 2018 10:32 PM

Actually (although I'm not R73), I think Trump was shocked. He was in a criminal conspiracy with Russia, no question about that. He just thought it would mean it wasn't an embarrassing loss and he could go on with his very lucrative plans for a right-of-Fux propaganda channel.

Because he's insane, even though he didn't think he'd win and knew damn well that he shouldn't, he "adjusted" rather quickly to the idea that 'of course he was meant to win all along and he was perfectly qualified for the job.' See? Crazy. He actually does know that he's unfit and he knows why he's unfit. He's been a grifter and a bullshitter his whole life and he's still one now. He's a CON MAN.

Roger Ailes was in on the right-of-Fux thing with Trump after Ailes was out at Fux but then Ailes died. Sooner or later the Fucktard will resurrect this idea. Hannity and O'Reilly were in on it too, along with fucking asshole Bill Shine who is currently Communications Director of the White House.

by Anonymousreply 84October 27, 2018 10:42 PM

The criminal conspiracy was.....wait for it.....the ELECTION. Everything else is secondary. REMEMBER THAT.

by Anonymousreply 85October 28, 2018 2:00 AM

That's all well and good r75, but what if they CHEAT?

And it appears they are doing just that in at least Texas and Georgia RIGHT NOW.

by Anonymousreply 86October 28, 2018 2:10 AM

Now the asshole is threatening violence if the GOP loses in the midterms. How...HOW is the media...how is the country allowing this fucking ILLEGITIMATE "President" get away with this?!! He's following his master PUTIN 's techniques to hold onto power.

by Anonymousreply 87October 28, 2018 2:15 AM

He did the same thing in 2016 r87....he knows the fix is already in....like someone said, look whats happening in Georgia and Texas RIGHT NOW. Its not even on the top of the topic list for media and politicians and it needs to be. The blatant election abuse...right out in the open....and nobody is speaking out or trying to prevent it other than some activists. Id be demanding paper ballots immediately and a halt to voting until its resolved. NOW THATS SOME PUTIN SHIT..

by Anonymousreply 88October 28, 2018 2:20 AM

R57, First wife Ivana Trump said the ugly orange madman kept a book of Hitler's speeches by his bedside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 28, 2018 2:21 AM

Sometimes it blows my mind what a friggin' basket case Donald is. I mean, it's all been a charade. He knows it. All he has is the moment and a constant struggle to stay (he thinks) on top. I like to imagine his last words will be a pathetic, "They listened to me."

by Anonymousreply 90October 28, 2018 2:21 AM

You Can' Treason With a Fame Whore...

by Anonymousreply 91October 28, 2018 2:44 AM

Weren't we promised N-word tapes?

by Anonymousreply 92October 28, 2018 2:49 AM

I was just thinking that, R92. Where are the tapes? Or are they waiting until, like, two days before the election?

by Anonymousreply 93October 28, 2018 2:50 AM

I've seen this question posed elsewhere: What if we don't win? All I can say is no matter what the outcome we have to keep fighting. The time for sitting on our asses and not engaging is over. We have to keep fighting. Wednesday after the election we can take a few hours to either celebrate or bitch, but then we have to jump back in.

It won't be as difficult as you think. We have access to the internet and we can look up advocacy groups legitimate organized groups out here who do their research. Whether it's Gun Safety, or Affordable healthcare, or environmental issues, or civil rights, etc. we need to pay attention. Indivisible is outstanding. Follow them.. There are politicians we trust. Follow them. Find out where they stand on various issues.

And please pay attention to your state government. they're responsible for redistricting. They're responsible for election laws. They're responsible for the quality of your educational system and your taxes. They are the ones who decide whether or not your state will participate in Medicaid. Until we drive these extremists back into their holes we have to be vigilant. Just like the Republicans. THey never admit a loss. They never act like losers. They just keep chugging along sticking to their agenda.

by Anonymousreply 94October 28, 2018 3:03 AM

And, by all means, get to know where your local politicians stand on these issues.

by Anonymousreply 95October 28, 2018 3:48 AM

R73 is right, there is a possibility that dems don't win back the House and even if they do, Trump will still be able to nominate more judges and supreme court justices.

Don't listen to idiots like R75 and R76, this isn't a normal situation anymore where justice eventually will prevail. The election was stolen already in 2016 and possibly in 2000. Voting and hoping this alone will fix this Trump problem isn't going to do it anymore.

R75 and R76 types show up every time when people discuss what should be done when the dems don't win, and when it's clear that the system is broken beyond repair. Dictators always want people to be lethargic and indifferent.

I was watching a documentary on Putin the other day and some people who knew him when he was just a shadowy figure at the KGB were interviewed in regards to the damage he does in the EU. Some former Kremlin insider said Putin, who is threatening the EU with attacks atm, will not stop unless the EU removes him.

by Anonymousreply 96October 28, 2018 3:56 AM

R96 I'm sorry but fuck it all I agree with you! The situation is aberrant-which is the same word that historian Michael Beschloss used last night when talking to Chris Hayes. He said that the current President and the way the congress is behaving i.e. Republicans saying nothing but following Trump's party line, has no parallel in history. The closest he could come was Nixon but he said even Nixon was not so lacking in empathy and compassion and Nixon had lines that he wouldn't cross. People need to be prepared-this is not a democracy and I want to be optimistic that Democrats take the House and maybe even the Senate, but I'm not going to watch the returns election night. I'll watch the outcomes in the morning. and either shit myself or pop the champagne. Something really bad is bubbling just beneath the surface in the country. The bombs and the mass shooting at the synagogue are just starters, IMHO from my gut instinct.

by Anonymousreply 97October 28, 2018 5:38 AM

In another thread I ended a post with a sentence that kind of hit me after I wrote it.

[quote]This is how cultures and nations end.

Fits here, too. All the grand empires of the past had a moment where things turned. They might not have known it was happening but there was probably a feeling. It only became clear after it was all over. The latest example was Germany during Hitler's ascendancy. We are there.

by Anonymousreply 98October 28, 2018 5:51 AM

Look, we will take state legislatures and governorships. States acting together can do a lot. We will take the house.

And you know what, even if all republicans get elected to every thing, the midterms have helped us organize, and leaders have emerged. We cannot stop fighting, no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 99October 28, 2018 6:00 AM

Sorry, if I come off as a troll, but the Democratic Party needs a majority in both House and Senate in order to render Trump ineffective until he's impeached. Two more years of the same shit he's pulling now with the Dems still not having enough power to kick him out of the White House ? No, just no.

Vote, guys. Fucking vote. Without a blue wave in the House and the Senate the Mueller investigation findings are just inferior toilet paper to the GOP. If the blue wave isn't coming for whatever reason (fraud, hacking, voter suppression) civil war is the only way to regain control of the US, because waiting for 2020 is not an option with the GOP and Putin gaining even more power and control.

by Anonymousreply 100October 28, 2018 6:23 AM

Mr. Trump was open about the tactic in a 2016 conversation with Lesley Stahl of CBS News, which she shared earlier this year: “I do it to discredit you all and demean you all, so when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you,” she quoted him as saying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 28, 2018 2:23 PM

The music makes me feel sorry for the umbrella

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 28, 2018 4:13 PM

WE are the umbrella left behind....

by Anonymousreply 103October 28, 2018 4:16 PM

I know scum like McConnell have their checks and balances in play (although becoming a minority would be crippling), but what I want to know is, if Donald was unable to do his job (arrest-severely ill-death), would that stop the Deplorables? The impression I've gotten is that they're all-in for him, less so on government.

by Anonymousreply 104October 28, 2018 4:17 PM

I just heard President Shithole speaking from last night, and it sounds like Slurry McBenzo is back.

by Anonymousreply 105October 28, 2018 4:27 PM

R101 THANK YOU for that post.

Please please please everyone blast that all over social media!!!

by Anonymousreply 106October 28, 2018 4:56 PM

Just like Nixon, Trump is motivated by HATE, revenge and getting even with the people who ridiculed and criticized him for decades. In Putin he found the perfect partner in wanting to destroy his haters.

by Anonymousreply 107October 28, 2018 5:08 PM

Somewhat off topic:

Most people believe and report that Trump is heavily campaigning because he's desperate for the Republicans to hold both habits and is doing everything he can. That would, of course, make sense. But "sense" and Trump don't necessarily have anything in common.

It's my belief that Trump is campaigning, heavily, simply because HE LOVES CAMPAIGNING! It's his cocaine! He'll use any excuse to speak in front of his followers and be cheered. The fact that Republican candidates could benefit is just a bonus. He personally could give a shit about any of them.

Anybody else agree?

by Anonymousreply 108October 28, 2018 5:19 PM

^^ HOUSES - (not habits) . sorry.

by Anonymousreply 109October 28, 2018 5:19 PM

R108, I agree to an extent, he's also extremely greedy and really enjoys demeaning his enemies (see R101). Just an all around nasty person.

by Anonymousreply 110October 28, 2018 5:37 PM

R108, I totally agree. He is a narcissist and can not sustain his own ego.

by Anonymousreply 111October 28, 2018 5:39 PM

Damn, shit, hell........

Lindz cussing at Democrats on the campaign trail in Nevada, Tennessee. North Carolina, Arizona, etc.

The hissy-fit at the Judiciary Committee hearing over Kavanaugh has Lindz traveling the country for Republican Senate candidates and apparently garnered admiration from the Trump base.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 28, 2018 5:54 PM

Forget breaking norms, is it even legal for Fuckstain Von Clownass to "warn" (i.e., issue threats) about violence if the GOP doesn't win? This kind of intimidation / suborning violent action must count as seditious, or something.

by Anonymousreply 113October 28, 2018 5:54 PM

I agree R108 except I think cocaine is Trump’s cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 114October 28, 2018 6:09 PM

Add it to the list of either charges to bring him on or misdeeds we'll never let the base forget.

by Anonymousreply 115October 28, 2018 6:29 PM

R114 You're both right: rallies and some sort of drug(s) keep Trea45onous Twitler up until all hours.

I can't believe that so little was said about Dump conducting ALL scheduled rallies this week despite multipke tragic hate crimes:

KY/Kroger shooting; white suspect also tried to enter Afrcan American church to kill more

FL/bombs sent to prominent Democrats including former Presidents

PA/mass shooting killing Jewish congregants in Pittsburgh

by Anonymousreply 116October 28, 2018 7:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 28, 2018 7:45 PM

Personally I think President Shitgibbon is on the Judy Garland diet. (uppers/downers)

Half of his speaking engagements he sounds like the last 1/2 hour of "Scarface", the other half he sounds like he's speaking from the bottom of the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 118October 28, 2018 7:56 PM

I can't prove this, but do you think he's having so many rallies at airports because his handlers want to be able to GTFO in case he ODs?

by Anonymousreply 119October 28, 2018 8:04 PM

Unless they are having them in the parking lots of emergency medical teaching hospitals, no, I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 120October 28, 2018 9:06 PM

This is all about controlling the narrative. The media covering Trump campaigning for the Republican Party is supposed to establish the narrative that either the Republicans won, because Trump riled his Deplorable base up to help them (and not because of the GOP playing dirty with voter suppression or Russian hacking) or if the Repbublican Party loses big that the Democratic party cheated somehow since Trump was immensly popular at these rallies.

This is all for the angry Deplorable base and the stupid idiots still falling for the right wing media lies.

by Anonymousreply 121October 28, 2018 9:26 PM

Look. We aren't in this alone. I think the international community is waiting for our elections. If things go badly, they will swing into action in ways we can't even imagine. But Trump will be a much weaker POTUS the next two years not a stronger one as he expects.

by Anonymousreply 122October 28, 2018 9:54 PM

We have a special council yet we are waiting for other countries to come and deliver it? That bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 123October 28, 2018 10:06 PM

Casten? That name is very familiar to me.

by Anonymousreply 124October 28, 2018 10:08 PM

r122, you really think other countries will swoop in and save the US, and the world, from Trump? Are you for real?

by Anonymousreply 125October 28, 2018 10:12 PM

R125, I mean that even if he manages to steal the Midterms, and we don't win back the House, worst case scenario, other countries will start playing hard ball with him. They don't want to see us become a Extreme Right pawn of Putin. They hate him. They will be more aggressive with Trump and they will also make sure their Intel communities are on him like White on Rice and they wont be so circumspect about shining a spotlight on his wrong doing. He thinks he will gain from the Midterms but no matter how the vote goes, he will have a very hard time the next two years.

by Anonymousreply 126October 28, 2018 10:17 PM

r126. So what you advocate is that the US citizens should accept their fate and rely on the kindness of strangers? And if that doesn't help ... oh well, there's 2020 and if that doesn't change things ... oh well, there's always the mid-terms ...

by Anonymousreply 127October 28, 2018 10:40 PM

R127, are you stupid? You seem a little thick from the neck up.

by Anonymousreply 128October 28, 2018 10:43 PM

R119 I think he just doesn't want to have to be driven around Flyoverstan. He wants to get in, get his ego pumped, then get the hell out. I'm sure the Secret Service doesn't want to haul his fat ass around either.

by Anonymousreply 129October 28, 2018 10:56 PM

Any Repugs send bombs to themselves yet in order to get a story line for themselves? You know it's going to happen. They'll probably wait a few more days to make sure that the news of bombs sent to Repugs gets out but there's not enough time for the investigation to point to McConnell and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 130October 29, 2018 2:22 AM

R119 and R129 he doesn’t want to face the protesters in the. Streets. He will once he’s out of office. Hehe...

by Anonymousreply 131October 29, 2018 3:14 AM

I know it's the October thing but Mueller being so quiet is disheartening. I hope they are stockpiling 20 indictments to drop on November 7th.

by Anonymousreply 132October 29, 2018 5:10 AM

i just watched Headliners on MSNBC. It was a one hour documentary/biography of Vladimir Putin. Chilling!!!

I'm gonna have a hard time falling asleep tonight, believing we're not even close to experiencing the worst if nothing is done.

Anyone else see it?

by Anonymousreply 133October 29, 2018 5:20 AM

I am afraid that too much damage has been done by this fucking idiot. We need republican congressmen to be indicted. Complicit in destroying our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 134October 29, 2018 6:38 AM

Newt Gingrich, a former Republican House speaker who is close to the White House and calls himself a longtime "admirer" of Sessions, said he would be open to serving as an intermediary if asked between the White House and Sessions supporters.

"He deserves a graceful exit. His career deserves a strong conclusion," said Gingrich, who called Sessions "a strong conservative who has done strong work at the Department of Justice."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 29, 2018 1:42 PM

Trump calls the media "the true Enemy of the People" in a morning tweet, and blames them for the "great anger in our Country."

Rick Wilson responds:

That last Trump tweet is like an abusive husband saying, "I told that bitch to keep her mouth shut. She had it coming."

Repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 136October 29, 2018 1:52 PM

R127 no one is advocating that Americans should accept their fate and hope the rest of the world bails us out.

by Anonymousreply 137October 29, 2018 2:00 PM

What I don't get- and no one debates this - is Trump is the master manipulator, The Art of the Mind Fuck. But c'mon people, our Intelligence services and political parties have been using our populace as mental lab rats for ages. Isn't time our side start campaigning with some savvy counter- marketing of our own. I'm not saying we need to hypnotize the American people, but God Damned Democrats aren't stupid either!

by Anonymousreply 138October 29, 2018 2:55 PM

So Mueller is gone until after the election now?

by Anonymousreply 139October 29, 2018 3:42 PM

R139, I hope not, because I have a feeling, a very strong feeling that the very day after the election no matter the result, Mueller will be gone for real. Sessions will be forced out, and who ever he is replaced with, and god help us if it's his chief of staff, will kill the Mueller investigation. Not fire Mueller, but castrate him.

by Anonymousreply 140October 29, 2018 3:50 PM

Exclusive: files reveal Trump was the target of an extensive spying operation in the late 1980s by Czechoslovakia's intelligence service, with ‘friends’ from the KGB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 29, 2018 3:58 PM

President Donald Trump had about three times as much free time planned for last Tuesday as work time, according to his private schedule. The president was slated for more than nine hours of “Executive Time,” a euphemism for the unstructured time Trump spends tweeting, phoning friends and watching television. Official meetings, policy briefings and public appearances — traditionally the daily work of being president — consumed just over three hours of his day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 29, 2018 5:10 PM

[quote]Official meetings, policy briefings and public appearances — traditionally the daily work of being president — consumed just over three hours of his day.

That's OK, last week was fairly quiet. Oh - wait...

by Anonymousreply 143October 29, 2018 5:27 PM

What a fucking lie Sarah Sanders told today. Trump won by an “overwhelming majority of voters”? And shame on those journalists for not correcting her.

by Anonymousreply 144October 29, 2018 8:27 PM

Turd in Chief only addresses crowds that are an orchestrated assemblage of whoever spent the most money at the maga booth prior to the event. The only "real" crowd the puss has faced was on inauguration day, and even then he had to jump back in the car to avoid the scary protesters.

by Anonymousreply 145October 29, 2018 10:07 PM

A class action suit was filed today in the Southern District of New York against the Trump Corporation, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr, Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump. The plaintiff's causes of action include RICO violations, conspiracy, unlawful business practices, violations of state consumer protection laws, and fraud.

A copy of the complaint is at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 29, 2018 10:45 PM

[quote]A class action suit was filed today in the Southern District of New York against the Trump Corporation

Rick Wilson:

Another damn story we pitched to the media in 2015 and 2016.

by Anonymousreply 147October 29, 2018 10:56 PM

He is not a president he is a Campaigner In Chief.

It's all he knows how to do.

It's all sales for the con job.

by Anonymousreply 148October 29, 2018 11:21 PM

For some reason, the link at r146 isn’t working for me. What’s the lawsuit concerning?

by Anonymousreply 149October 29, 2018 11:24 PM

President Donald Trump, his three eldest children and his company are accused in a class action lawsuit filed Monday in Manhattan federal court of using their brand to make millions by coaxing unsophisticated investors to participate in fraudulent schemes.

Filed on behalf of four anonymous individuals, the lawsuit accuses the President and his children Eric, Donald Jr. and Ivanka Trump of promoting what they described as promising business opportunities with three companies in exchange for "secret" payments: ACN Opportunity, a telecommunications marketing company; the Trump Network, a vitamin and health product marketing company; and the Trump Institute, a seminar program that "purported to sell Trump's 'secrets to success.' "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 29, 2018 11:27 PM

[quote]unsophisticated investors

Is that what they’re calling us now?

by Anonymousreply 151October 29, 2018 11:43 PM

[quote]The president was slated for more than nine hours of “Executive Time,” a euphemism for the unstructured time

TIME FOR ME TO POOP ON YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 30, 2018 1:35 AM

My goodness, Cussin' Lindsey is still delivering potty-mouth rhetoric on the campaign trail, continuing to express outrage over the opposition to Kavanaugh.

In the conservative publication, National Review, that has Rich Lowry as editor, it was reported Lindsey exclaimed that the "radical left" can kiss his ass.

Why is Lindsey using nasty language again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 30, 2018 2:22 AM

Girlfriend is on the tag and taking zero prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 154October 30, 2018 2:24 AM

Lindsey girl, you won the Kavanaugh thing, shut the fuck up now,, ok?

by Anonymousreply 155October 30, 2018 2:30 AM

[quote] What a fucking lie Sarah Sanders told today. Trump won by an “overwhelming majority of voters”? And shame on those journalists for not correcting her.

I'm shocked that no one challenged her on this, because it is such an obvious lie.

by Anonymousreply 156October 30, 2018 2:32 AM

Lindsey is pathetic. He's trying to emulate Trump hoping to generate enthusiasm among Trump supporters. What a fucking fool. He may be a wily manipulator in the Senate, but he is shit for brains on campaign strategies. I think Lindsey either seems himself as the next VP for Trump in 202, or he sees himself as the heir apparent. Which doesn't contradict the first possibility.

by Anonymousreply 157October 30, 2018 2:34 AM

I'd bet someone like Sean Hannity is also a candidate for VP in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 158October 30, 2018 2:36 AM

r156 They just lie so brazenly and breathlessly the stupid media just ho-hums it.

Btw- I'm the former congressional intern. Things are VERY quiet. My friends on the hill say too quiet. Things are usually quiet when Congress is not in session but they say it is eerily quiet. I told them to spill the moment they hear anything (that I can repeat, of course) .

by Anonymousreply 159October 30, 2018 2:36 AM

Kompromat pressure appears to be coming down heavy on the Sénatrice.

by Anonymousreply 160October 30, 2018 2:36 AM

I've come to feel we are living through McCarthyism again... that strange experience were serious, bad things are happening and a majority of people know it's wrong but so many are sleepwalking through it. There will be a 'have you no shame?' moment where the scales fall from everyone's eyes, but when and why?

by Anonymousreply 161October 30, 2018 2:36 AM

A never married, closeted gay politician will NEVER be accepted on a Presidential ticket by the people to whom he is pandering.

The DJT base enjoyed his hissy-fits in attacking Democrats over Kavanaugh, but that will fade in time.

R155 made a point. The Republicans won on Kavanaugh. Instead of showing some grace, Lindz erroneously thinks pushing the staged bitterness will get him rewarded on the national scene.

Even the Trumpians recognize the flamboyent, over the top, "old queen" antics, which they may find more amusing than endearing.

by Anonymousreply 162October 30, 2018 2:54 AM

He's a mascot

by Anonymousreply 163October 30, 2018 3:01 AM

flamboyant

by Anonymousreply 164October 30, 2018 3:11 AM

Trumpy just gave an interview on nazi queen Laura Ingraham's show. It was taped earlier today. This guy's thread breaks down all the BS. Obviously it was an attempt for Trump to reaffirm himself to his rabid, zombie base. I'm sure the mainstream media will talk about some of these moments tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 30, 2018 3:11 AM

He's going to Pittsburgh tomorrow after being told that he's unwelcome there and despite being urged not to come by the mayor. If there are protests, he can tweet about the unhinged left. If he's shunned and ignored, he can complain about the hateful, failing Fake News and mean liberals not giving him credit for all the good he does.

He's nothing if not a masterly troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 30, 2018 5:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 30, 2018 5:22 AM

It is not Ok Rachel! It Just isn’t! That he is doing this is so despicable I just can’t imagine. He has contempt for everyone killed in this murder. He is a terrible human being!

by Anonymousreply 168October 30, 2018 5:37 AM

He has been told that with the increased need for security at all these funerals, and the religious requirement that they be held immediately, Fuckface von Clownstick is not welcome in Pittsburgh right now.

Of course he would respect that request if he had respect or consideration for anyone other than himself, which he does not. He is selfish and stupid in every possible circumstance. I would love to see him show up, only to find that Pittsburgh turns its collective back on him.

by Anonymousreply 169October 30, 2018 5:53 AM

R169 well said!

by Anonymousreply 170October 30, 2018 5:56 AM

Re: the quiet on the Hill, R159, any idea WHY it’s considered eerie that it’s so quiet? If you had to speculate, what exactly is eerie about it?

by Anonymousreply 171October 30, 2018 5:59 AM

They should invite Obama to Pittsburgh to deliver a eulogy.

by Anonymousreply 172October 30, 2018 6:03 AM

President Obama would give a beautiful, thoughtful, emotional and healing eulogy, unlike the Moron who is forcing his way in there tomorrow.

Now I can't decide whether I want the Orange Moron to go and be humiliated or not go and be humiliated. Which would be more humiliating?

Never mind, I'm being a cunt. They don't want him, it's too much trouble right now, he simply shouldn't go.

by Anonymousreply 173October 30, 2018 6:09 AM

R169, I have long admired your commitment to "fuckface Von Clownstick".

by Anonymousreply 174October 30, 2018 6:28 AM

Even if by a miracle one of Trump's hacks contrived some dignified tender mournful words for this tragedy - they would ring false, due to the ugly vulgar liar speaking the words.

Nobody anywhere, save brainwashed deplorables, believes a word he says. Nobody. Not one word.

by Anonymousreply 175October 30, 2018 7:42 AM

R159 keep us posted! How I wish Obama would give the eulogies today, I think obama should just start showing up places and being PRESIDENTIAL, crowds would be massive and it would piss Donnie off. It could be stroke inducing. Someone who knows someone get this going!

by Anonymousreply 176October 30, 2018 10:43 AM

If Iwere in charge of Pittsburgh I'd schedule a special service for the time when Trump is visiting and mark it "Private" and make sure he knows he is not invited to this private service. I would then invite Obama to speak. Of course this would never happen.

But demonstrating is not smart. Shunning is the very best way to get the point across and it would be more dignified. If he shows up anyway, they need to turn their backs, not shake his hand. It should be done quietly.

by Anonymousreply 177October 30, 2018 12:56 PM

Two prominent stories on BBC Radio 4 this morning touched on the atrocity. One woman closely connected to the murders was asked by the FBI if Trump might visit her and her family. She told the FBI that Trump wasn't welcome in her home. Another woman also linked to the horror didn't want him to visit Pittsburgh and weigh in with his presence - 'because he is a liar.'

by Anonymousreply 178October 30, 2018 1:06 PM

Now he wants to take citizenship away from certain people born in this country if their parents weren't! WTF? Citizenship is spelled out in the Constitution, tell he he can't just change it like this.

I hate this man with the heat of a million suns.

by Anonymousreply 179October 30, 2018 1:09 PM

R179 Exactly. Trump doesn't understand even the basics of the Constitution, so today's act didn't surprise me. It'll make his fan base go wild, but will immediately be challenged in the courts. And even SCOTUS nominees of the Scalia ilk (The Constitution is dead, dead, dead) will have to side against him.

by Anonymousreply 180October 30, 2018 1:12 PM

R179 Wonder if Dump is going to take Barron's citizenship away and or deport him since his mother, the Third Lady, got here on a EB-1 "Einstein" visa?

by Anonymousreply 181October 30, 2018 1:14 PM

HOW can he go to Pittsburgh after declaring himself a nationalist - what, like last week?

by Anonymousreply 182October 30, 2018 1:23 PM

Have you guys seen this? A reporter is warning that a GOP lobbyist may be paying women to report sexual harassment lies about Mueller to the press.

Just in time for the midterms.

They. Are. Scum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 30, 2018 1:25 PM

r183.....theyre not too bright. If they pay someone to spread filth and make false accusations against Mueller, they will all end up in prison. Mueller doesnt fuck around, and he wouldnt hesitate to put every one of them in prison for obstruction. Notice that when Rosenstein warned the GOP they were crossing the line and bordering on obstruction themselves, they backed sown somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 184October 30, 2018 2:15 PM

^^^down^^^

by Anonymousreply 185October 30, 2018 2:16 PM

They must be nervous about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 30, 2018 2:31 PM

R183 I was just going to post that too. There's your October surprise

by Anonymousreply 187October 30, 2018 3:55 PM

Stone’s been a dead man walking for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 188October 30, 2018 4:12 PM

Really, R187? That’s a pretty weak October surprise if it’s already being debunked on social media before it even officially dropped.

by Anonymousreply 189October 30, 2018 4:13 PM

Miss Lindzey will be in Ohio and other spots today on her "my beloved Kavanaugh" tour, campaigning for GOP Senate candidates. Her speeches are inflammatory with personal attacks, and much use of four letter words.

WTF. Is she trying to emulate Trump? She goes further than nick-names and talks about 'kissing her ass', being 'pissed', 'give a shit what liberals think', etc. Her ego and craving for daily, national attention looks extreme and out of sync.

by Anonymousreply 190October 30, 2018 4:15 PM

Mueller has asked the FBI to investigate allegations that someone is trying to pay women to accuse him of sexual assault.

And that little Trump troll Jacob Wohl has been trying to make this happen on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 191October 30, 2018 4:32 PM

So will Stone flip?

by Anonymousreply 192October 30, 2018 4:40 PM

Rumor has it that Stone came up with the idea to prop up a second liberal candidate to split the votes for 2016 (Hillary vs. Sanders) and suggested it to the right people (Manafort, Bannon, Putin?).

by Anonymousreply 193October 30, 2018 4:52 PM

Messing with Mueller with false accusations is playing with fire. Obstruction among other possible charges.

by Anonymousreply 194October 30, 2018 4:53 PM

r194, like Trump, the Deplorables or any other Trump associate gives a shit.

They are, like, "put it on the tab" (aka the very long, already existing list of criminal and impeachable offenses).

by Anonymousreply 195October 30, 2018 4:58 PM

R183, it’s probably Roger Stone’s idea. I mean, it worked with Al Franken, why not do it again?

by Anonymousreply 196October 30, 2018 5:01 PM

So will he flip? That would be a good “get.”

He has all the tea.

by Anonymousreply 197October 30, 2018 5:11 PM

Latest rumor (no link yet) is that he's not going to Squirrel Hill after all but he is going to do photo ops with injured cops at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

by Anonymousreply 198October 30, 2018 5:17 PM

[quote]Her speeches are inflammatory with personal attacks, and much use of four letter words.

Blanche Dubois trying to be Stanley Kowalski. Even Deplorables will laugh at him.

[quote]...a GOP lobbyist may be paying women to report sexual harassment lies about Mueller to the press.

The sordid reek of desperation. Sheer projection from team pussy-grab. Why, if there's 'no collusion?'

by Anonymousreply 199October 30, 2018 5:22 PM

Trump is all about controlling the narrative and message / image branding. There is nothing political about him even as POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 200October 30, 2018 5:26 PM

Random tea:

• Smellyanne has removed "Counselor to the President" from her Twitter bio.

• FedEx has ended its relationship with the NRA (see link).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 30, 2018 6:57 PM

Also this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 30, 2018 6:59 PM

@howardfineman

Just checked with sources in #Pittsburgh: the mayor, county executive and governor will NOT accompany or meet with @realDonaldTrump as he and Melania visit the city as families bury their dead after the #TreeofLife massacre. The WH tried to force officials hand with false leaks.

Further: @realDonaldTrump WH called the top #PA and #Pittsburgh officials one at a time and lied to each that the others had agreed. WH did the same to #Schumer and #Pelosi. No one bit. WH also trying to push #Trump into hospital rooms of victims but most want no part of him.

by Anonymousreply 203October 30, 2018 7:01 PM

r203. Wow, being denied so publicly and his schemes being laid out for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 204October 30, 2018 7:17 PM

Embarrasing. Don’t go where you’re not wanted. It’s pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 205October 30, 2018 7:27 PM

The idea of smearing Mueller had to come from someone who knows very little about the law or who is nuts. So I'd put it in Sean Hannity's wheelhouse.

by Anonymousreply 206October 30, 2018 7:32 PM

WEHT that crzy young man who worked for Stone until he got fired and used to t urn up on TV doing interviews either high or drunk.

by Anonymousreply 207October 30, 2018 7:36 PM

[quote] The idea of smearing Mueller had to come from someone who knows very little about the law or who is nuts.

You called?

by Anonymousreply 208October 30, 2018 7:37 PM

[quote]Wow, being denied so publicly and his schemes being laid out for everybody.

He'll continue to blame the media. Regardless that this insults the independent decisions of all those choosing not to meet him. Because of course the reasons for this can never begin to be faced. So, back to twitter attacks soon.

by Anonymousreply 209October 30, 2018 7:53 PM

I am sure the Deplorables will be pissed by the media coverage of their idol and the - for them - legitimate POTUS being disrespected in that way and Trump crying crocodile tears about those Liberals being mean to him. I wouldn't be surprised if another MAGAT rears his ugly head with better bomb building skills, because he can't stand Trump being "bullied".

Of course this could all end if Trump showed some actual leading skills and unite instead of divide.

by Anonymousreply 210October 30, 2018 8:00 PM

Either Trump is being blackmailed by Putin or Trump foolishly fell in love with a monster.

by Anonymousreply 211October 30, 2018 8:12 PM

I am sick to death of Mueller and his betrayal of all Americans, it is obvious that he has overlooked all of Trumps crimes.

by Anonymousreply 212October 30, 2018 8:14 PM

The media needs to call that fat orange turd out for inciting violence. Had that dumbfuck who sent the bombs out been smart enough to make working bombs, there would be even more carnage!

by Anonymousreply 213October 30, 2018 8:15 PM

r212, go back to Olga in HR and tell her you need more training.

Mueller is entering the well of The Lame Duck where Trump may become, thanks Omarosa, UNHINGED.

Mueller betraying America? Tell Olga you need more training on portraying left wing patience and political tolerance.

Nobody knows WHICH crimes Mueller is investigating but they stem from Russian espionage.

Не будь таким очевидным, глупым ебать.

by Anonymousreply 214October 30, 2018 8:32 PM

Why are the Deplorables online happy about this thing with the women being paid to accuse Mueller? Are they not aware that it’s been proven false before it even went public?

by Anonymousreply 215October 30, 2018 8:44 PM

They’re dum dums R215

by Anonymousreply 216October 30, 2018 8:45 PM

Pittsburgh protest is huge but peaceful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 30, 2018 9:38 PM

We'll make up some violence in there and lie about it all night, R217, so don't worry.

by Anonymousreply 218October 30, 2018 9:42 PM

I love the acronym MAGAT, it is so appropriate!

by Anonymousreply 219October 30, 2018 9:52 PM

R171 I'm not sure why they said it was eerie but that's what they said. I can ask. They are working campaigns for the party so who knows when I will hear something.

by Anonymousreply 220October 30, 2018 10:05 PM

R207, Sam Nunberg is who you mean. He’s been very sober in his more recent TV appearances. He’s sort of all over the place in terms of what crimes he thinks certain people have committed, what Stone is facing, what Trump and his campaign did, etc.

by Anonymousreply 221October 30, 2018 10:15 PM

I will never forget Maya Wiley telling Sam Nunberg on The Beat many months ago when he was unraveling that he was in serious trouble and could not ignore a subpoena. It finally dawned on him that she was right and he changed his mind. I fucking love Maya Wiley. She’s so brilliant and compassionate, both qualities that were on full display during that show.

by Anonymousreply 222October 30, 2018 10:29 PM

Trump was so pissed after finishing his bigly successful Pittsburgh visit that he sprinted up the stairs of AF1 and left Melanie in the dust.

by Anonymousreply 223October 30, 2018 10:38 PM

r222, something that should have occurred to him too, since he's supposedly a trained lawyer!

by Anonymousreply 224October 30, 2018 10:59 PM

HEY, r216!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 30, 2018 11:01 PM

Beto fans, he's on MSNBC right now in a town hall with Chris Matthews.

Damn, the way the students greeted him. This man is a Rock Star.

by Anonymousreply 226October 30, 2018 11:17 PM

Are we sure this guy isn't a secret Kennedy?

Because wow, he has the looks, and he even has the mannerisms to some extent.

by Anonymousreply 227October 30, 2018 11:30 PM

the Nunberg meltdown was fucking epic!

I don't think I have laughed that hard in a year. The memes that came out were hilarious, too.

I know one shouldn't laugh at some one so damaged but Roger Stone.

Good times!

by Anonymousreply 228October 30, 2018 11:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 30, 2018 11:41 PM

46 year old Beto has the energy of a man half his age.

by Anonymousreply 230October 30, 2018 11:44 PM

Mueller's office asks FBI to investigate claims that women were offered money to falsely accuse him of sexual misconduct.

The special counsel Robert Mueller’s office has referred to the FBI an alleged scheme to pay women to falsely accuse Mueller of sexual misconduct. The scheme came to light when several journalists covering the Russia investigation revealed that they’d been contacted by a woman who said she was offered a five-figure payment to say the special counsel sexually harassed her. In a copy of the woman’s email obtained by Business Insider, she wrote that she was contacted by a man with a British accent working for a GOP lobbyist, Jack Burkman, who said he would pay her $US20,000 to accuse Mueller of workplace sexual harassment and sign a sworn affidavit to that effect. Burkman said he does not know the woman, and reporters cautioned that the woman proved to be “unreliable” and was unwilling to further discuss her claims over the phone. But Burkman said on Tuesday that he “will reveal the first of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s sex assault victims” on Thursday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 31, 2018 12:27 AM

Those idiots just succeeded in immunizing Mueller against the very accusations they were going to try to use to take him out.

by Anonymousreply 232October 31, 2018 12:42 AM

These GOP people are truly cretins.

by Anonymousreply 233October 31, 2018 12:53 AM

The thing to remember is they are such ideologues that it clouds their judgement and makes their dishonesty transparent. We ought to be able to outsmart them. Except we keep falling for their bullshit when instead we ought to be suspicious of everything and trust nothing that comes from that direction.

by Anonymousreply 234October 31, 2018 12:56 AM

Jacob Wohl seems to have played a very large role in the Mueller false harassment accusations scheme. Like, maybe the other guy was fronting the money and made some phone calls, but everything else seems to have come from Jacob Wohl. R Maddow just covered it. What a JOKE.

God, I hope they haul Wohl’s ass off to prison.

by Anonymousreply 235October 31, 2018 1:56 AM

Hopefully all the events in the past two weeks will lead to a democratic tsunami at the polls.

People paid with their lives, standing up to these fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 236October 31, 2018 2:06 AM

r123 r124 r211 r212 Boris, your English is terrible. In addition, posting two comments in a row makes it obvious that you are a troll.

by Anonymousreply 237October 31, 2018 2:19 AM

I had an encounter with a deranged Bernie/Jill Stein lady today and I wanted to choke her. She told me she was glad Trump won and Hillary lost because it forced us to organize. She called Hillary a sell out political hack who couldn't be trusted, etc. She blamed the 2016 loss completely on Hillary and her "deplorables" comment. LOL! and then she criticized Obama whom she felt was "timid" because he was Black and he was worried about appearing too pushy! When I said Hillary did not lose the election the election was stolen. She asked "Who stole? Who? Who do you think stole it?" Then she quickly changed the subject. Absolutely fucking crazy. And we were outside of a class we both had just taken about Tribalism and Identity Politics. When it became clear she was not open to a rational discussion, I just let her finish her rant and then I walked away. I'll see her in class again next week, and I really want to come up with a very succinct wisecrack to put her in her place. She supported Bernie, so I will bet you she either sat out the election or she voted Stein. Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 238October 31, 2018 2:52 AM

r238, was her name Susan Sarandon by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 239October 31, 2018 3:06 AM

LOL! R239, she was scripted exactly like Susan. No joke. She was like a fucking robot.

by Anonymousreply 240October 31, 2018 3:08 AM

r238 Ask her how it feels to lose the SC for 30-40 years. Ask her how it feels to have hundreds of hard right judges added to the courts. Before she answers, just stop her and say she needs to really look up how damaging that is, get back with you when she truly realizes it and you will think about accepting her apology and will further deliberate whether to slap the shit out of her in the future.

by Anonymousreply 241October 31, 2018 3:13 AM

R238 My hyper-contrarian friend who is a pansexual lesbian did the same shit to me. In fact I spend days constantly arguing with her when I went to visit.

He position was :

Hillary lost me with the hot sauce in my bag comment .

I voted for Jill Stein to encourage funding.

Hillary would say anything to win!

My responses:

You are so greatly concerned about "honesty" you would let a rabid liar who out lies a sack of salt ( Southern expression pardon me) win ?

She got enough money from Russia.

Bernie would conveniently become a Democrat if it meant winning and you don't see a problem there?

You can fill in the blanks of how the conversations went. My friend also said Trump's tariffs were good b/c1) they would stop China's currency inflation and 2) won't hurt the US because we are a consumer nation.

The last part was the most tiresome discussion.

by Anonymousreply 242October 31, 2018 3:17 AM

I don't argue with those idiots. I just give them a "Sure, Jan" face and a sarcastic smile then abruptly change the subject.

by Anonymousreply 243October 31, 2018 3:31 AM

I loathe people like that. I think they should be stripped of their voting rights. They cause so much damage, too, because they’re so vocal, and the effect they have is that they depress voter turnout.

by Anonymousreply 244October 31, 2018 4:46 AM

[quote]a pansexual lesbian

What the fuck is that?

by Anonymousreply 245October 31, 2018 5:26 AM

A girl with a pipe

by Anonymousreply 246October 31, 2018 6:02 AM

Listening to Rachel Maddow's "Bagman" podcast. I feel like it's her gift to us to keep everything in perspective.

by Anonymousreply 247October 31, 2018 11:47 AM

R199, Great imagery! Miss Graham Cracker is trying her "This is how manly masculine men talk, right?" routine.

by Anonymousreply 248October 31, 2018 12:18 PM

[quote] I really want to come up with a very succinct wisecrack to put her in her place.

Just remind her she supported Bernie Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 249October 31, 2018 12:29 PM

Last night Colbert said that instead of Halloween decorations he hung up recent newspaper headlines about the Fear Monger In Chief, aka the Great Pumpkin. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 250October 31, 2018 1:41 PM

Colbert keeps me sane. I hope he continues.

by Anonymousreply 251October 31, 2018 2:27 PM

R245 Some Millenial bullshit.

My friend likes to say she has no label, so she currently identifies as "no label" (pansexual). However, she is apprehensive about dating men. Her last few dating attempts have all been with women, so she's more lesbian than not. Good luck trying to get her to say " I'm a lesbian."

Did you think I was kidding when I said hyper-contrarian ? My friend loved Ayn Rand in high school. She hated Ayn Rand in college, now she loves her. She'll hate her again when someone convinces her Ayn Rand is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 252October 31, 2018 2:34 PM

[quote]She'll hate her again when someone convinces her Ayn Rand is stupid.

Anyone who needs to be "convinced" that Ayn Rand is stupid is stupider than Ayn Rand.

by Anonymousreply 253October 31, 2018 2:36 PM

I prefer Sam Nunberg to Ayn Rand.! I bet that little shit sang like a bird to the Mueller people and he probably gave Roger Stone away. I hope so. I remember how addled he was. The thing about Roger Stone is that he used to be a business partner of Manafort's. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if he either insinuated himself into the mix or was drafted. He's also a long time, good friend of Trump's. Roger's habit of inflating his own importance is finally coming back to bite him in the ass. In the scheme of things, big picture Stone was just a cog in the wheel. But in his own mind he was extremely important to the strategic needs of the Trump operation. So now his pas de deux with Assange, etc. is going to flush out a lot of lies told by others too.

by Anonymousreply 254October 31, 2018 3:06 PM

Predictably, Cheeto made the Pittsburgh visit all about him and lied about how well he was received.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 31, 2018 4:45 PM

[quote] Roger's habit of inflating his own importance is finally coming back to bite him in the ass.

Oooooo. Don't stop. Go for the nipples next.

by Anonymousreply 256October 31, 2018 4:57 PM

[quote]Melania and I were treated very nicely yesterday in Pittsburgh. The Office of the President was shown great respect on a very sad & solemn day. We were treated so warmly. Small protest was not seen by us, staged far away.

That 'small protest' means that his online review can only award 3.5 stars rather than 4. (Nowhere except Moscow rates a 5.) Otherwise though, it's so vital that he was made to feel good about himself, which is all that really matters.

by Anonymousreply 257October 31, 2018 5:06 PM

He’s so fucking delusional.

by Anonymousreply 258October 31, 2018 7:20 PM

This is news?

The Trump administration committed a "serious misstep" in arranging the Singapore summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, according to top former Treasury official and former CIA deputy director David Cohen.

Kim's face-to-face meeting with President Trump – and the president's subsequent declarations about North Korea's nuclear threat – may have diminished the world's resolve to enforce sanctions against Kim's regime, Cohen said.

"We had President Trump, I think quite prematurely, jump into this summit with Kim Jong-un," Cohen explained, "and then on the way out of Singapore, declare that the problem has been solved."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 31, 2018 7:48 PM

I think the source makes it news, r259. A top international intelligence expert publicly and thoroughly criticizes the diplomatic "triumph" of the current administration.

by Anonymousreply 260October 31, 2018 7:59 PM

Then a few weeks later, up Helsinki way...

by Anonymousreply 261October 31, 2018 7:59 PM

[quote]"and then on the way out of Singapore, declare that the problem has been solved."

Such egotistic stupid smug glibness always requires repetition and correction. Obviously educated intelligent civil servants appreciate details undreamed of by the fat burger-glutting golfer.

Nuance is alien to Trump, and of course to his his knuckle-dragging cultists. He and they see matters not even in black and white, but only in white. Any and every reminder from the learned and sane that the world is extremely complicated is to be welcomed. It offers some hope for a better future.

by Anonymousreply 262October 31, 2018 8:11 PM

Trump admin will apparently not renew program to fight domestic terror

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 31, 2018 8:17 PM

Actual tweet from the Administrator of Medicare and Medicaid Services

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 31, 2018 11:21 PM

r264, what a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 265November 1, 2018 12:41 AM

Little boy dresses as miniature Beto O'Rourke for Halloween

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266November 1, 2018 1:27 AM

"We could not have been treated better! FAKE NEWS IS MEANIES!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 1, 2018 2:12 AM

Seriously, when is he going to realize that won't work?

by Anonymousreply 268November 1, 2018 2:17 AM

R258, I think it will “work”. There’s a good chance that a journalist will be killed by some crazy Trump supporter before Trump’s final curtain as “President”.

by Anonymousreply 269November 1, 2018 2:26 AM

He's already done

A chicken with head cut off

Flapping and squawking

by Anonymousreply 270November 1, 2018 2:34 AM

For the love of God, if you live in Texas, get your voting plan in place, including getting friends and family lined up.

If you don't live in Texas, consider donating.

You have the power to move the momentum RIGHT NOW.

This win could drive the narrative that finally turns the ship off this awful course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 1, 2018 2:39 AM

In his rally tonight, he also called Andrew Gillum a "Venezuelan-style" politician who has taken bribes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272November 1, 2018 3:05 AM

Trump will shit green bricks of Gilllum becomes governor. Florida under Scott was so fucking corrupt and their entire state government was riddled with filth. Trump benefited from that and so did his oligarch friends. This is a very uphill battle for Gillum. I hope he wins. But if he does win, Trump may sell Mar a Lago and never go there again. He is a racist to his very core. He'd never live there with a Black governor.

by Anonymousreply 273November 1, 2018 3:34 AM

R273 I want this more than Beto! MORE!!

by Anonymousreply 274November 1, 2018 3:37 AM

I've been monitoring FOX during the midterms. I had a laugh with this bolo tie clad, ace legal scholar who said Muller has nothing because he's focusing on Trump before he was president and during the election. DURING THE ELCTION.

How fucking stupid are these people? Another fucking conspiracy theorist (a common theme with these people) They'll jump for joy when Trump's Space Force blasts the martian invaders out of the sky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275November 1, 2018 4:18 AM

Joe Digenova was almost hired by Trump. Trump considered hiring Digenova and his wife. He offered them the job but backed out after actually meeting them.

by Anonymousreply 276November 1, 2018 4:23 AM

I remember him and his wife from that time. I think Chris Matthews(?) interviewed the wife.

by Anonymousreply 277November 1, 2018 4:27 AM

That's fucking funny r276 Thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 278November 1, 2018 4:36 AM

Miss Lindzey still on her "Kavanaugh and Caravan" campaigning tour. She is relishing the adoring crowds, signing autographs, kissing babies, and has Fox News covering filming her historic appearances.

by Anonymousreply 279November 1, 2018 9:50 AM

[quote]She is relishing the adoring crowds, signing autographs, kissing babies, and has Fox News covering filming her historic appearances.

Channeling both Blanche Dubois and Norma Desmond. The kindness of strangers, and ready for her close-up. Given the decadence of our times, the camp could still be ramped up to yet another level.

by Anonymousreply 280November 1, 2018 10:24 AM

I think that "Miss Graham Cracker" is just the perfect drag name for Miz Lindz.

by Anonymousreply 281November 1, 2018 11:00 AM

Putty must be quite amused and chuckling how effective kompromat is working on the sashaying "Bell of the Ball" Senator.

by Anonymousreply 282November 1, 2018 11:23 AM

Apologies if this has already been posted without my seeing it.

Has Mueller already subpoenaed Trump under our very noses?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283November 1, 2018 12:12 PM

r283, I hope so, and if he has, he's even more clever than we thought he was.

by Anonymousreply 284November 1, 2018 12:51 PM

Well, r283, that certainly provokes new thoughts on 46-1's rabid support of Kavanaugh. He was under subpoena and needed to ensure a friendly supreme court. No way he could let that seat remain open for a single minute.

It also supports rumors of a bloodbath at the DOJ post midterms.

by Anonymousreply 285November 1, 2018 12:56 PM

The Tre45sonous Dotard recently said "When I can, I tell the truth."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286November 1, 2018 1:54 PM

By the way, I absolutely love '46 - 1', which is new to me. It says so much in the briefest possible way. The perfect simple viral slogan to fit over an image of Mussolini-lite. It would of course incense him.

by Anonymousreply 287November 1, 2018 2:07 PM

"Frequent falsehoods" and "misleading statements".

They're called....LIES

by Anonymousreply 288November 1, 2018 2:16 PM

[quote]Stone’s been a dead man walking for far too long.

there's a recently vacated cell at Hazelton available

by Anonymousreply 289November 1, 2018 2:53 PM

Listen Stone Devine andMAnafort all used to work together and in 2016 all three of them, to varying degrees were trying to fuck over Hillary. I hope they all burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 290November 1, 2018 3:28 PM

From what I've read, it sure sounds like Trump was the unnamed person in those filings.

by Anonymousreply 291November 1, 2018 4:00 PM

Rumor has it for a long time that Roger was "swinging" with a lot of couples and individuals for a long time. Some allegedly include well-placed politicians and other prominent individuals associated with political operations and perhaps illicit funding..

It is not a stretch that the Mueller team was looking for names and confirmations from the Manhattan Madam. You just know she knew about some of them.

by Anonymousreply 292November 1, 2018 4:11 PM

"When I can, I tell the truth".

That is actually a very honest and truthful statement. A rarity with Trump.

What we all know is this: he is mostly incapable of telling the truth! So in his case, "can" means almost never. But that fact doesn't take away from the honesty of the statement.

by Anonymousreply 293November 1, 2018 4:37 PM

Where is the Seth Abramson Hater Troll?

READ THIS!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294November 1, 2018 7:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295November 1, 2018 10:55 PM

Jeffrey Toobin tells Nazi fuckface Kris Kobach about himself, Kobach goes all "Well I never in all my life!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296November 1, 2018 11:39 PM

LOL Andrew Gillum's grandma has become quite the useful prop.

He just told Chris Hayes her analogy for "get out to vote so that you have your say": "If you aren't at the table, you are on the menu."

by Anonymousreply 297November 2, 2018 12:40 AM

^^Sorry wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 298November 2, 2018 12:40 AM

It's fine here. Gillum's homespun folksiness is a large part of his appeal.

by Anonymousreply 299November 2, 2018 1:35 AM

Will we have tons to talk about next week? I hope so!

by Anonymousreply 300November 2, 2018 1:26 PM

No matter what happens on Tuesday we have to keep working. Even if we win and get what we want, we will have work to do. We won't have a lot of time to celebrate. And if we don't win, we look at what we have and we keep working and keep building. I'm trying really hard to keep my expectations at a minimum. I can't let myself go through what I went through in 2016. That night was the worst night of my life.

by Anonymousreply 301November 2, 2018 1:37 PM

OK I'm done. The final straw for me was MSNBC having on well known Republican A.B. Stoddard and having her declare that she thinks Democrats "won't do as well across the country" as everybody seems to think. The media REALLY wants their horse race and will do anything to try to get it. This is EXACTLY what happened in 2016, and we all know what happened then.

I'm done watching the main stream media for election news; I just can't do it anymore, not if they are going to continually act like whatever Trump says is fine and that it's the Democrats who are losing more and more steam every day.

And A. B. Stoddard? Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 302November 2, 2018 1:45 PM

[quote] And if we don't win

If we don't win in this environment, then it would mean a lot of stolen elections around the country, and it would be clear evidence that the USA has been cyber-invaded. That would require a much different conversation than we have already been having.

That, however, is not what I'm expecting. I have the sense that Tuesday night will be much more like 2017 than 2016. tRump's "election" was a wake-up call for a lot of people. This renewed commitment has been demonstrated in special elections around the country, including Doug Jones in Alabama and Conner Lamb in Pennsylvania. Yes, there were a few special elections that we lost early on in 2017, but we also kept some reliably Rethuglican districts to a razor-thin margin.

What happened on Election Night 2017 in Virginia will likely be replicated around the USA on November 6. We will do much better than expected. The precise contours of a wave election are difficult to predict, but the momentum is not in favor of Orange Cheatolini and his evil minions. Watch for what may be a minor miracle in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 303November 2, 2018 1:55 PM

If this does turn out to be another 2016 and we lose badly, will it be time to think about replacing Pelosi as House minority leader?

Just askin'

by Anonymousreply 304November 2, 2018 2:10 PM

R304 she’s not the head of the Democratic Party, she’s the House minority leader. If Dems don’t do well, there’s plenty of blame to go around to people who had much more influence. And probably Russians.

by Anonymousreply 305November 2, 2018 2:15 PM

She may not be the head of the Democratic party, but she is the minority leader in the House so if the House races go south wouldn't she bare some responsibility for that loss?

If we tank next week both Schumer and Pelosi have a lot of explaining to do, and personally, I think it's time for some new, and yes, younger blood in the party.

Pelosi is going to be 80 by the time the 2020 election comes around.

by Anonymousreply 306November 2, 2018 2:25 PM

Don't think for one minute that our elections are free of Russian Tampering. They have been involved in fake news on social media sites and they are probably helping Ted Cruz, and a couple other people. But know this too. As surely as the sun rises in the East, the Republicans know how to steal an election without outside help for the midterms. Do you think the Cambridge Analytica people are gone? Do you think Brad Parscale is not involved? Hell,, even further back, Karl Rove was expert at it. It's a matter of shifting a few votes per precinct here and there. It's about "spoiled ballots" or lost absentee ballots. It's about computer "glitches." It can happen. That is why we have to turn out in overwhelming numbers. This is a how of force from the Trump opposition. A SHOW OF FORCE. We have to overwhelm them. So GOTV.

by Anonymousreply 307November 2, 2018 2:35 PM

if we were to lose, Pelosi and Schumer are not the first two I would look at blaming. There are 435 elections going on across the country and Nancy Pelosi is only on the ballot in one of them. And there is a third of the Senate up for election and Chuck Schumer isn't on the ballot in any of them.

There will be plenty of time for recriminations after November 6 were we to come up short.

by Anonymousreply 308November 2, 2018 2:36 PM

You know, I have to say this. Every time the Dems lose an election we turn into cannibals and destroy ourselves. We go on this public soul searching mission trying to assign blame and after very brief reflection, we turn on our leaders like all the people who were so eager to say Hillary was a terrible candidate and it was her fault we lost in 2016. How simplistic and amateurish!

I get it. People get angry and disappointed, even despondent. But to make this be about Pelosi tells me you've already decided the outcome and are fixed on ousting Schumer and Pelosi. Which, BTW, is exactly what Republicans want. After all, they don't attack or make an issue out of people who can't hurt them. As for Hillary, I have worked on dozens of campaigns for every imaginable office. When a candidate loses the staff sit around and analyze what went wrong. it is easy to blame the candidate. It is sometimes true.

But in a statewide campaign, or a Presidential campaign, there are so many other people making decisions and judgement calls framing the message, interpreting data, deciding where to put resources, ad buys, etc. that it is rarely so simple. I've heard people say, "She should have never used the Deplorables comment." Or "she should have gone to Wisconsin. She never went to Wisconsin." Knowing what we know now, those things are absurd on their face. And neither Pelosi nor Schumer is expendable right now. It would weaken us when we need to be strong.

by Anonymousreply 309November 2, 2018 2:57 PM

Exactly, R309. The other side, the alternate choice, is to have none at all in matters that mean something to all of us.

Voted today and a straight Democratic ticket. I live in a state where my vote doesn't 'count' in the general election, but talked to guy running under the "R" designation in our district for state rep'. He made a great deal of sense and had some good points, but I simply said I couldn't give him my 'independent' vote if he wouldn't condemn his party's national stand on LGBTQ issues, on religious freedom, on the way they've handed their party over to thugs....I told him I could not stomach giving any more power to them, no matter how old his opponent was or how out of touch.

As for the governor's office? It's a trans woman here in Vermont and I had some reservations because I'm a lesbian. I put that shit aside. Now is not the time to concede one bit more of power to these traitors. Even here, in this liberal state, we have to send this message loud and clear.

by Anonymousreply 310November 2, 2018 4:24 PM

Good post, r309.

by Anonymousreply 311November 2, 2018 4:44 PM

Damn, Toobin DESTROYED that goon. Nothing left but the corpse.

by Anonymousreply 312November 2, 2018 4:54 PM

[quote]The media REALLY wants their horse race and will do anything to try to get it. This is EXACTLY what happened in 2016, and we all know what happened then.

I thought it was more the opposite in 2016, that most of the media, despite (or in addition to) their slovenliness in reporting about Hillary's emails and so on, projected the message that Trump had barely a chance, which licensed lazier folks and the Hillary-averse to get complacent and stay home or vote for a third party.

by Anonymousreply 313November 2, 2018 4:54 PM

I do not know about other states, but today, in Nevada, Democrats will approach the 40K early voting firewall number in Clark County/Las Vegas.

Remember, Nevada has a small population.

What this means is that every Democrat, local and state wide, will probably win by at least one vote not counting the Dems who vote on Tuesday.

Not counting the 15% of Republicans who hate what Trump has done to our country.

I believe THAT is what was being looked at when everyone saw the Nevada vote counts on Murphy Brown.

I am burning sage that it will be true.

by Anonymousreply 314November 2, 2018 5:00 PM

Saw a clip of Trump a few minutes ago. He is insane. Literally. He is unhinged and his voice is so grating, I mean he's fucking screaming at the top of his lungs. If I were an independent, or someone who was a sort of "reluctant" republican, enough is enough.How the fuck can his supporters stand the sound of his voice. it is pure torture. It's like when we were torturing the terrorists in those black cells or when we would play loud music to drive people nuts. This will do it. He is literally driving people crazy. It's a wonder they don't knock him off the fucking stage.

by Anonymousreply 315November 2, 2018 5:11 PM

[quote]And neither Pelosi nor Schumer is expendable right now. It would weaken us when we need to be strong.

Pelosi suffers visibly from dementia.

by Anonymousreply 316November 2, 2018 5:23 PM

In response to R309

“As for Hillary, I have worked on dozens of campaigns for every imaginable office. When a candidate loses the staff sit around and analyze what went wrong. it is easy to blame the candidate. It is sometimes true.”

Aren’t you tired of continually hearing ‘Hillary ran an awful campaign?’ * Trump “won” the electoral college by less than 80,000 votes spread across three states, and “beat” Hillary by less than 0.5% in how many others? The specific electoral tallies make it look like he won comfortably. But if she had taken those three states that Trump barely slid by, her overall win would have been considered the landslide that everybody predicted.

“I've heard people say, ‘She should have never used the Deplorables comment.’

*The Trump voters who claim they were dismayed by this comment would have never voted for Hillary anyway. They just use it as a convenient excuse. That comment was taken out of context, and anybody with half a brain knew exactly who Hillary was referring to.

“"she should have gone to Wisconsin.”

*Okay, call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe in my heart that Putin and/or Republican operatives stole this election. There’s not enough evidence to PROVE it, but there’s more than ample evidence to suggest it as a very strong possibility! So going with this theory, the plan was set in motion at least 10 days before the voting, suggesting Wisconsin already in the bag. So having Trump rally there a week before made the campaign look brilliant in retrospect, but looking at it from the other side, what if that’s exactly what they wanted us to think? How else would Trump’s surprise Wisconsin victory have seemed plausible?

Thank you R309.

by Anonymousreply 317November 2, 2018 5:26 PM

Schumer is no Harry Reid.

Harry would fuck you up.

Schumer is more Lieberman.

Yesterday's kugel.

by Anonymousreply 318November 2, 2018 5:27 PM

The Mueller investigation will end before Christmas and Trump will still be POTUS a year from now.

by Anonymousreply 319November 2, 2018 5:29 PM

Mueller will wait till after Tuesday to see if he will have a House to support him after 1.3.2019, when the new Congress is seated.

The big question is what will TRUMP do during the Lame Duck?

How many Constitutional crises will he shit storm?

And yes, Trump will be president a year from now, November 2019.

If Democrats take the house, January-June 2020 is when Democrats will fuck him, and the Republican Party, up.

It is all in the timing.

The census and redistricting will become sister issues to voter suppression and disenfranchisement. Now that the Republicans have opened their corset, they have set the stage for Democrats to turn the tables on the 2010 election in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 320November 2, 2018 5:37 PM

agree, r320.

Shit will start to get real about this time next year. Come Jan 2020, the bitch slap to end all bitch slaps will hit the grifters right in their cunts and it will be glorious.

by Anonymousreply 321November 2, 2018 5:45 PM

[quote] The media REALLY wants their horse race and will do anything to try to get it. This is EXACTLY what happened in 2016, and we all know what happened then.

Everything is just too close. I'm trying to believe that it's going to go like it should considering everything going on but with early voting, absentee voting, and mail-in voting all having the ability to add confusion to the tallying, voter suppression, closing and moving polling stations fucking up the actual voting, Russian hacking and interference, and on and on, it just seems like so many races being so close lends itself to easy manipulation. And, no one will officially do anything, again. Everyone in government and media will just say, "Oh, we must have been wrong. Oh well." and do not a fucking thing to blame the criminals in the Repug party.

I hope I'm fucking wrong.

by Anonymousreply 322November 2, 2018 5:49 PM

[quote]Now that the Republicans have opened their corset

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 323November 2, 2018 6:14 PM

The Washington Post goes there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324November 2, 2018 6:25 PM

R321, I think it’s happening way earlier than that.

by Anonymousreply 325November 2, 2018 6:37 PM

I agree R315. There must be sentient people who voted for him, who view these rallies with a big WTF?? I mean he is truly unhinged on top of being fucking annoying/grating. I can't express my hatred in words.

by Anonymousreply 326November 2, 2018 7:28 PM

From this morning:

When a reporter asked Trump just now whether he was creating violence with his rhetoric, the president replied, "You’re creating violence by your question." He added, "The fake news is creating violence." per pooler @AndrewRestuccia.

by Anonymousreply 327November 2, 2018 7:30 PM

Michael Cohen tells VF Trump said (among other things)

- Black people were too stupid to vote for him

- "Name one country run by a black person that's not a shit hole."

- "There's no way I can let this black fucking win" - re First Season Apprentice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328November 2, 2018 7:39 PM

[quote]When a reporter asked Trump just now whether he was creating violence with his rhetoric, the president replied, "You’re creating violence by your question."

When will reporters learn that he'll always deny and blame them and everybody else, rinse, repeat. They play into his game of "repeat a lie a hundred times and it becomes truth".

They need to smarted up.

by Anonymousreply 329November 2, 2018 7:50 PM

[quote]When a reporter asked Trump just now whether he was creating violence with his rhetoric, the president replied, "You’re creating violence by your question." He added, "The fake news is creating violence."

Clinical denial, and grossly irresponsible. Not even G W Bush for all his deep faults was so diabolically juvenile.

I agree the press might come up with a new angle to at least try to shame him more in the eyes of the sane world. Nonetheless the repetition of obvious culpability from the man with the loudest microphone in the world is vital. If lies can be smugly repeated then so can the truth.

by Anonymousreply 330November 2, 2018 7:56 PM

The press needs to stop asking questions relating to tone and campaign style and stick to nailing Republicans, including Trump, to the wall on the realities and consequences of their policies, especially locally (e.g. falling soybean sales and so on). And if they get denials and equivocations, just do the investigative reporting and expose their lies, rather than print them as if we had no way of knowing.

by Anonymousreply 331November 2, 2018 8:11 PM

[quote]Michael Cohen tells VF Trump said (among other things)

It is a sign of how frenetic the pace of news is (partly by design by Cheeto and the Rethugs to bury inconvenient news cycles) that I couldn't remember who Michael Cohen was for about a minute.

by Anonymousreply 332November 2, 2018 8:12 PM

[quote]I couldn't remember who Michael Cohen was for about a minute.

All being well he'll have quite the comeback. Prominent as Travolta in 'Pulp Fiction.'

by Anonymousreply 333November 2, 2018 8:16 PM

[quote]There must be sentient people who voted for him

Why on earth would you think that?

by Anonymousreply 334November 2, 2018 8:22 PM

Word R309!

by Anonymousreply 335November 2, 2018 9:12 PM

The Michael Cohen shit needs to get spread around *quite* a bit this weekend.

In fact, there ought to be some kind of weekend surprise to make people aghast at Republicans JUST before Election Day. Wouldn’t that be nice?

by Anonymousreply 336November 2, 2018 9:22 PM

I don't know about that anymore, R336. The things that make normal people aghast seem to invigorate the deplorables at this point. If Trump tried to kill a member of the press with his bare hands in front of cameras, it would probably bring out more votes for the Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 337November 2, 2018 9:25 PM

[quote]When a reporter asked Trump just now whether he was creating violence with his rhetoric, the president replied, "You’re creating violence by your question." He added, "The fake news is creating violence." per pooler @AndrewRestuccia.

TL;DR: "I know you are, but what am I?"

by Anonymousreply 338November 2, 2018 9:25 PM

[quote]If Trump tried to kill a member of the press with his bare hands in front of cameras, it would probably bring out more votes for the Repugs.

It would only make him more ravishingly beautiful in the eyes of his base!

by Anonymousreply 339November 2, 2018 9:26 PM

Why would there other people want to "swing" with Roger Stone? Suppose one them is his spouse.

by Anonymousreply 340November 2, 2018 10:21 PM

Goodness Gracious!

".......the crowd of Trump-loving women and red-hatted men practically swooned, bathing in the reflected glow of the president they adore----who now adores Lindsey Graham".

So Lindsey is a conservative rock star, according to the New York Times' Sheryl Gay Stolberg?

Is Lindsey the new Kid Rock?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341November 2, 2018 10:47 PM

I'm gonna puke.

by Anonymousreply 342November 2, 2018 10:50 PM

Mizz Graham is a piece of shit. Lock her up!

by Anonymousreply 343November 2, 2018 10:55 PM

He's so clean and polite, just like Liberace!

by Anonymousreply 344November 2, 2018 11:00 PM

Clock's running down for Lindz... See you next Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 345November 2, 2018 11:18 PM

[quote]TL;DR: "I know you are, but what am I?"

That’s exactly what I was thinking. There is no high road that can reach Trump; the most anyone can do is shine a light on his awfulness.

The next time he blatantly deflects a reporter’s question, the reporter should say just that, “I know you are, but what am I?” to THEN be picked up immediately by the rest of the journalists gathered.

“I know you are, but what am I?”

by Anonymousreply 346November 2, 2018 11:31 PM

Washington Post...

The midterms may be the ‘warm-up’ for Russians seeking to target 2020, officials say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347November 3, 2018 12:14 AM

I used to post as The Senatrice here, and I don't anymore; Lindsey is dangerous and no longer fun to send up. She's in a BDSM relationship with the Orange One. She stooped to conquer, and now the bitch has more than fleas and ring worm.

by Anonymousreply 348November 3, 2018 12:26 AM

Trade war update: It's NOT easy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349November 3, 2018 12:37 AM

The Democrats will do a REAL investigation into Trump and Russia and not a joke like that Nunes led Republican one was.

And that alone will make the Democrats getting back the House worth it.

by Anonymousreply 350November 3, 2018 1:00 AM

Sénatrice is daddy desperate & the kompromat is at work. She received those massive oligarch & Russo-NRA contributions and doesn't want a Democratic-controlled Congress investigating it. She doesn't want the feds going deeper with scrutiny. One of the reasons she has attacked the FBI & Mueller investigations.

Don't leave "on-the-take" out as a motivating factor with her. Same with McTurtle and a bunch of others.

The media won't much probe this, or talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 351November 3, 2018 1:01 AM

^$800,000+ received by a PAC; be assured the beneficiary knows who and where it came from.

by Anonymousreply 352November 3, 2018 1:05 AM

What's going to happen if this election is fucked with in such a way that there is no way to deny that the results are illegitimate? I mean, what if the actually hacking is caught and proven right away? Does our democracy just end that night? (Even though I think it may have already ended in 2016.)

I won't survive another night of "Oh, how strange, the Republicans seem to be overperforming across the entire country. How strange and inexplicable. Oh well, what can be done? Guess we were all just wrong." like that night in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 353November 3, 2018 1:11 AM

Republicans fear Adam Schiff becoming the Chair of the House Intelligence Committee. He is smart and will head a real investigation.

Junior Mint and host of others dread this happening. Nunes' dirty shit will get checkmated.

by Anonymousreply 354November 3, 2018 1:19 AM

R347 -- That's why, more than ever, Donald has to be presented (ideally proven) as the biggest sack of damaged goods around. If he dares try to run for re-election, it should be the "Sure, Jan" of campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 355November 3, 2018 1:35 AM

[quote] Junior Mint and host of others dread this happening.

Junior should also dread the coming indictment from Bob Mueller for lying under oath and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

by Anonymousreply 356November 3, 2018 1:55 AM

I hope the day after the midterms, Mueller conducts a massive arrest sting of Jr., Kushner, Stone, Brannon, etc. Also make Jr. and Kushner testify in from of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 357November 3, 2018 2:04 AM

He goddamn better, R357, because the clock is ticking re: Rosenstein and Sessions.

by Anonymousreply 358November 3, 2018 2:15 AM

One of the blessings of the Dems taking the House is that all the Republican chairs have to step aside. But the Speaker can also make new assignments and that means Nunes leaves the Intel Committee and he is assigned to the committee that patrols the lawns at the White House for squirrel turds.

by Anonymousreply 359November 3, 2018 3:25 AM

R359, I believe each party still determines who in their party gets to be on the committees. They'll just be in the minority, instead of the majority. The Speaker doesn't get to assign the other party's members to committees.

by Anonymousreply 360November 3, 2018 3:33 AM

R360 Yes, so you'll need a GOP Congressional leadership that is not pro-Trump first in order to demote these Trumpies. That's unlikely since I don't see any Republicans brave enough even after a big loss next week.

by Anonymousreply 361November 3, 2018 3:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362November 3, 2018 4:43 AM

Maher trying to get millennials to vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 3, 2018 11:12 AM

I don't have the link handy, but apparently Taylor Swift had some impact. Early voting among youth is up over 700% in TN.

by Anonymousreply 364November 3, 2018 11:38 AM

Here's one link R364 - the person Hoarse Whisperer is replying to/retweeting has figure for a number of states, including Tennessee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365November 3, 2018 11:47 AM

The story linked at R362 is recommended. It shows that Roger Stone, among other things, threatened to kill Randy Credico's fluffy little comfort dog Bianca, the one who accompanied Credico when he appeared before the grand jury. Because there's nothing Roger Stone won't do.

by Anonymousreply 366November 3, 2018 11:53 AM

Barbra Streisand on Maher last night, asked why the news media keeps covering his horrible rallies, "Stop covering him!!!" Of course there was wild applause, and I have a feeling a lot of people feel that way, so lets start a campaign to turn him off. Tell the news media every time they cover a Trump rally we will cut the sound out and watch paint dry until they stop.

by Anonymousreply 367November 3, 2018 12:23 PM

[quote]I believe each party still determines who in their party gets to be on the committees. They'll just be in the minority, instead of the majority. The Speaker doesn't get to assign the other party's members to committees.

That WAS the custom. Since Mitch McTurtle and Paul Lyan have changed all the rules and destroyed all the norms in Congress, it is now open season and a Democratic speaker can damn well do whatever the fuck he or she has the votes to do.

by Anonymousreply 368November 3, 2018 12:31 PM

I think the Dems, should they succeed, have perfect justification for removing Nunes from Intel. IMO he has ethics violations up to his neck, and he has demonstrated his unsuitability for that committee repeatedly. So he could get dumped regardless of custom or tradition. I laugh at the notion that the Republicans will resist these attempts by citing "norms and traditions" to justify staying in place. Fuck them. They never cared about that shit when they were in charge.

by Anonymousreply 369November 3, 2018 12:48 PM

I'm reposting my comment. This bears repeating:

Just remember. The Republicans are already set up to challenge the outcome of the elections. There will be challenges in nearly every fucking state. For sure in Florida, Georgia, and Texas. Probably Wisconsin too. The Democratic Party in every state is going to need money and a lot of lawyers to challenge because if the Republicans can delay or ignore the outcome they will. Be ready. Voting is not the end, it's the beginning of engagement. Remember what those fuckers did to Al Franken. How long did he have to fight to get his seat in the Senate? The other guy kept fighting him. Remember this, too: Hillary won the Presidency. The fucking Presidency. And they stole it. Right in plain sight. So don't put anything past these bastards.

by Anonymousreply 370November 3, 2018 1:09 PM

Agreed, they will fight us every step of the way. And they will be lead by the bloated Orange Cheetolini who will be promoting all sorts of wild conspiracy theories to justify him attacking the legitimacy of a Democratic-led House and (we hope) Senate. Rethugs will do what they do best: scream, yell, lie, and attempt to cheat their way back into power. We can't let them succeed.

by Anonymousreply 371November 3, 2018 1:14 PM

Yesterday, CNN interrupted Obama's speech for a bit to cover Trump's impromptu comments before departing for Florida himself. I flipped to MSNBC and they stuck with Obama's speech. Even flipping to FOX to compare, they also stuck with the Obama speech in full.

Then after Obama speech, CNN uses Rick Santorum to critique, and argue with some nasal sounding, negative facial gesturing woman have never seen or heard of before. She did an awful job of countering. Then CNN has her own later for similar purposes against a more seasoned, and polished, male Republican yapper.

Trump's attacks and intimidation of "both sides", crappy debates, CNN must be working on them.

by Anonymousreply 372November 3, 2018 2:01 PM

^on, not own

by Anonymousreply 373November 3, 2018 2:04 PM

r369....just the fact he served on Trumps transition should have been enough for him to recuse himself....same with Burr on the Senate side. The conflicts are absurd from the get go, and theyre not exclusive to Trumps cabinet. Under a normal leader, people like Nunes, Jordan, etc would have been censured at the very least if not removed altogether. But right now, we are living in a period of lawlessness without any ethics in Congress and the WH.

by Anonymousreply 374November 3, 2018 2:45 PM

I think, whether they ever admit it or not, the media gets intimidated by the criticism of bias. Right now Trump finally has a Communications Director he listens to. Bill Shine who worked for and was a protege of Roger Ailes at Fox for years, and was very accomplished at crisis management and defending the indefensible, is very effective. He also has experience with communicating to network executives, etc. and pushing hard to "Get the WH story told" or in this case Trump. Shine's loyalty is Trump not the WH. I've noticed more strategic moves on the part of the WH in terms of PR since Shine has come on board, and more willingness to get "alternative points of view" aired on CNN. So Trump's constant haranguing of CNN, demonizing them, humiliating their reporters has paid off to some extent.

by Anonymousreply 375November 3, 2018 2:45 PM

R375, CNN has had Santorum on for quite a while, and their "both sideism" and employing uber-deplorables as commentators did not begin with Bill Shine's tenure at WH.

I stopped watching CNN during the 2016 campaign when some of their shows (Anderson comes to mind) devolved into incoherent shouting matches with demented Trumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 376November 3, 2018 3:05 PM

When Anderson spoke of dropping a deuce on the desk while babbling back and forth with Trumpster Jeffery Lord, had to be the zenith moment for CNN.

by Anonymousreply 377November 3, 2018 3:18 PM

Have we discussed this news about the conflicts-of-interest and sleazy waivers of Noel Francisco, the man Trump would replace Rod Rosenstein with?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378November 3, 2018 3:27 PM

[quote] That WAS the custom. Since Mitch McTurtle and Paul Lyan have changed all the rules and destroyed all the norms in Congress,

While demanding civility from these Nazi Liberals who dare to speak up while the Republican Party does all that. They will claim victimhood for every single time a Democrat has the audacity to get in front of a camera and speak his or her mind. They will make even snowflakes go "geez, grow some balls!".

by Anonymousreply 379November 3, 2018 3:32 PM

Wonder if the Koch Bros are sending dozens of flat-bed trucks and buses deep into Mexico to pick-up the caravan crowds and walkers to get them to the U.S. border in time so there will be a big commotion on Monday before election day?

by Anonymousreply 380November 3, 2018 3:43 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the Koch Bros. are the ones financing this caravan hysteria given how it's the Conservative Right accusing the Liberals for pulling this stunt. And, as it usually turns out, the Republicans are guilty of what they accuse others of.

by Anonymousreply 381November 3, 2018 3:49 PM

[quote] The story linked at [R362] is recommended. It shows that Roger Stone, among other things, threatened to kill Randy Credico's fluffy little comfort dog Bianca, the one who accompanied Credico when he appeared before the grand jury. Because there's nothing Roger Stone won't do.

He's become the with in The Wizard of Oz.

by Anonymousreply 382November 3, 2018 4:27 PM

I believe the caravan plot was hatched in the WH. They read about the small caravan and after the media gave it some attention, they decided to exploit it. No Kochs, but soeone like Sheldon Adelstein would do this. Trump knows a lot of dirt bastards with money. it wouldn't take much outlay. His evangelical "missionaries" would help.

by Anonymousreply 383November 3, 2018 4:33 PM

Does anyone have any theories as to what bribes Plump got in exchange for canceling this burdensome treaty last week? What “payment” did he receive?

Was it cash? In kind gifts? Quid pro quo?

“Trump Plans to Tear Up a 31-Year-Old Nuclear Weapons Treaty. Now What?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384November 3, 2018 4:44 PM

Pelosi was on Joy Reid this morning and said if the Dems take the House, one of the priorities will be transparent government, administration oversight (proper committee work and hearings), and protecting the Mueller investigation, especially preserving the Mueller materials and findings.

On impeachment she again said let's not prejudge the findings but that they'll go where the facts lead.

She also said something to the effect that they'd want to make sure Trump can't hide his tax returns any more (don't remember how exactly she phrased it but that was the essence).

by Anonymousreply 385November 3, 2018 5:13 PM

Re: the caravans. What privilege to spend energy and mind sharing worrying about something that has absolutely no effect on you. These deplorables in Tennessee, North Dakota and Montana (to list a few) have no idea how good they have it.

by Anonymousreply 386November 3, 2018 5:22 PM

No one knows what it's like, to be the sad closeted man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387November 3, 2018 5:29 PM

YOU get a dildo and YOU get a dildo and YOU get a dildo...!

by Anonymousreply 388November 3, 2018 7:01 PM

The Stones and Pences "swinging" would be unsettling imagary.

by Anonymousreply 389November 3, 2018 7:09 PM

^or imagery

by Anonymousreply 390November 3, 2018 7:12 PM

Picture it: all four Pences and Stones in drag—Mike and Rog in corsets and stockings and Kare and Mrs. Rog in chaps, strap-ons, and little Hitler staches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391November 3, 2018 7:14 PM

Eew, r389.....

by Anonymousreply 392November 3, 2018 7:15 PM

Didn't Manafort and his wife swing, too? The Stone/Manafort swing party pics must be out there somewhere. Russians?

by Anonymousreply 393November 3, 2018 7:17 PM

In other news, judging by the early voting turnout, Jacky Rosen has already defeated Dean Heller.

by Anonymousreply 394November 3, 2018 7:39 PM

r394, shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

VOTE!

[If you are Republican, stay home and cry for a world you have lost.]

by Anonymousreply 395November 3, 2018 7:44 PM

Oh, Lordy.

Trump tells Christian Broadcasting News on Air Force One: "Nobody's done more for Christians or evangelicals or frankly religion than I have."

by Anonymousreply 396November 3, 2018 8:26 PM

LOL, George Papadopoulos' family is trying to get his girlfriend deported -- you know, the "Italian" woman with the Russian accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397November 3, 2018 8:27 PM

[quote]Trump tells Christian Broadcasting News on Air Force One: "Nobody's done more for Christians or evangelicals or frankly religion than I have."

LOL. As much as I hate his guts, he's good for the occasional laugh when it comes to the unadulterated bullshit he's willing to spew.

by Anonymousreply 398November 3, 2018 8:34 PM

[quote]"Nobody's done more for Christians or evangelicals or frankly religion than I have."

Obviously to all the usual psychiatric diagnoses with which the world is now familiar. we add again self-parody.

As with 'Nobody does self-deprecation like I do' and 'I'm a very stable genius', he is in fact sending himself up, sparing Alec Baldwin the trouble. He knows it's all steaming horseshit, he knows we know, etcetera ad nauseam.

Too bad the title 'The Pope Of Trash' has already been taken by John Waters.

by Anonymousreply 399November 3, 2018 8:48 PM

[quote]Nobody's done more for...frankly religion than I have.

I am unaware of this particular cult.

by Anonymousreply 400November 3, 2018 9:48 PM

One argument I hear from righties that really angers me is the "but the economy is soaring" bullshit. Well, the economy soared in Hitler's Germany, too, during his reign of terror. It was pretty ugly what was done to make that happen but I do not put anything past trump and his allies.

A good economy cannot justify allowing a heinous dictator to hold sway. Anyway, the economy would have been fine under Clinton, it was the repukes who trashed it under W.

When I hear that argument about supporting scum trump because of the economy I know I'm looking at a creature without a soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401November 3, 2018 10:16 PM

It's always presented by people who have no real concept of the economy, either.

by Anonymousreply 402November 3, 2018 11:01 PM

I have yet to meet anyone who has received a decent raise or found a position that is newly created.

by Anonymousreply 403November 3, 2018 11:34 PM

A while back, an acquaintance claimed Trump has had 289 achievements since taking office. Is that a number pulled out of her purse or is there *some* legitimacy to it (bills signed, judges appointed, etc.)?

by Anonymousreply 404November 3, 2018 11:57 PM

R397 Papadopoulos' "Italian" wife Simona dressed as "Red Sparrow" for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 405November 4, 2018 12:03 AM

Early voting has Beto and Cruz tied at 49.

by Anonymousreply 406November 4, 2018 2:09 AM

How is there no October surprise about Ted Cruz's shady . . . everything???

by Anonymousreply 407November 4, 2018 2:10 AM

r406....thats polling....they have no way of knowing until the votes are counted.

by Anonymousreply 408November 4, 2018 2:21 AM

My husband, who blogs about elections for DailyKos, has told me there's going to be two outcomes here. Either it's going to be what we think--Dems take the House and a few governorships while the Senate stays the same--or there is a mass of people that no one has accounted for and it's going to be a blowout like 2017 was.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

by Anonymousreply 409November 4, 2018 2:29 AM

r409, a blowout in our favor? Or a blowout in the Repuke's favor like 2016?

by Anonymousreply 410November 4, 2018 2:42 AM

Ours. Given how heavy the turnout has been.

by Anonymousreply 411November 4, 2018 2:45 AM

I’m a pessimist but this would not surprise me r409. It all depends on turnout, and I have a gut feeling that a huge number of people not only hate trump but are genuinely worried and sickened by what’s going on.

by Anonymousreply 412November 4, 2018 3:04 AM

I wonder how they are doing these polls. Are they calling cellphones, or just landlines? Do young people even answer their phones for numbers they don't know?

by Anonymousreply 413November 4, 2018 4:02 AM

R404 pulled out of Trump’s fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 414November 4, 2018 4:19 AM

I have never had more phone calls.

I have never had more text messages.

And I've never had more friends and family who are planning to vote in mid-terms before this year.

My father told me at least 3 different organizations have dropped by his home offering to take him to the poll place the day of the election in my home state.

Of course that's all anecdotal evidence of something different this mid-term election but it's certainly throwing me for a loop.

by Anonymousreply 415November 4, 2018 4:28 AM

R415 I hope you're in a swing district or state and not some reliably blue area

by Anonymousreply 416November 4, 2018 4:29 AM

[quote]Are they calling cellphones, or just landlines? Do young people even answer their phones for numbers they don't know?

I've gotten about 12 different text messages. I don't answer the phone for people I don't know (millennial here) but I always see texts. I think they know this.

by Anonymousreply 417November 4, 2018 4:29 AM

Ive had both calls and texts as well.

by Anonymousreply 418November 4, 2018 4:35 AM

I'm in a state that typically swings blue, I have been getting TONS of Republican calls to my landline, fucking cunts. They're all recordings, I don't answer but they go to my voicemail.

by Anonymousreply 419November 4, 2018 4:59 AM

I’m a volunteer and we get lists that have both landlines and cellphones. We also leave voicemails. We call people and tell them where their polling place is and the times the polls are open.

Uber and Lyft are also taking people to the polls. If you’re willing to drive people, contact your local state Democratic Party organization. Also, if you belong to a union, some of the unions are giving rides to the members.

We also have disabled volunteers and some of them may text because they’re deaf or have other handicaps.

It’s amazing to me how many disabled and elderly people are helping out. If an 85 year old with congestive heart failure can call people and ask them to vote, or a disabled vet with an artificial leg can go door to door asking people to vote, so can you. Get off your ass and volunteer at your state Democratic Party office. Even if you only have one hour.

If you can’t do anything else, drop by with some bottled water or call the pizza parlor from the comfort of your home and send some over. We have no food budget and any food we get comes from volunteers.

The goal is to get every single registered Democrat to vote. There are a lot of dedicated people out there trying to make it happen. Help them.

Join us in trying to save this country.

by Anonymousreply 420November 4, 2018 5:25 AM

Warning: read all direct mail political endorsements with caution.

I'm in a blue state and am getting lots of mailers. I let them pile up then I check to see who paid for them. They are required to disclose. I dump all that come from dubious sources and plenty do. It makes me mad that conservatives pay for mailers endorsing candidates and measures that look like Democrat issues but they slip one or two conservative endorsements in to trick you.

I keep and read only the mailers that come from Democratic organizations I know and trust.

by Anonymousreply 421November 4, 2018 5:32 AM

What’s the weather forecast so far for blue/purple states?

by Anonymousreply 422November 4, 2018 5:33 AM

R:94, historically in Nevada, Democrats vote early, Republicans vote on Election Day. So even if a certain candidate is leading, the whole race may flip on the last day. And votes are being counted judging by what party the voter belongs to, not how they actually voted. Nobody knows how they actually voted until Election Day.

If you are a Democrat and haven’t voted yet, no matter what the polls say you can’t go by that. Vote!

by Anonymousreply 423November 4, 2018 5:38 AM

For R394^^

by Anonymousreply 424November 4, 2018 5:39 AM

Pence must resign before Trump resigns. That is extremely important. Pence is guilty of many things but mainly he is guilty of obstruction...along with Nunes, McConnel, Ryan and several others should be indicted. I think Grassley should be indicted, along with Jim Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 425November 4, 2018 5:45 AM

r423, so far Democrats have outpaced Republicans. So far Democrats have outpaced Democrats.

That being said, Tuesday will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 426November 4, 2018 5:48 AM

I heard that Stone, Jared and Junior are most likely to be indicted, I hope that is true.

by Anonymousreply 427November 4, 2018 5:50 AM

The guy who tried to get women to lie about Mueller should be arrested.

The idiot woman who falsely accused Kavanaugh should go to prison also. What a lowlife idiot! I believe Dr Ford but the false accuser ruined everything.

by Anonymousreply 428November 4, 2018 5:56 AM

Any Oregonians in the house receive a robocall from Obama for Kate Brown? I find it troubling that a democratic governor needs robocalls this close to election day (even though we have vote by mail). I've seen many articles quoting democrats saying they can't vote for Kate for (insert bullsh*t reason here - mainly because she didn't float down on a magic carpet within two days of becoming governor and grant their every wish) so are voting for Knute (repub). It's very shades of Hillary in 16. I'm worried we might flip to a republican governor.

by Anonymousreply 429November 4, 2018 5:40 AM

^ Sorry, had multiple threads open and meant to post this in the midterms thread.

by Anonymousreply 430November 4, 2018 5:45 AM

[quote]I'm reposting my comment. This bears repeating.

!

by Anonymousreply 431November 4, 2018 6:23 AM

That bear’s repeating.

by Anonymousreply 432November 4, 2018 9:04 AM

[quote]That bear’s repeating.

That sounds painful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433November 4, 2018 10:20 AM

Is it too much to ask that Jr. and Jared will go to federal pound me in the ass prison?

by Anonymousreply 434November 4, 2018 12:49 PM

[quote]meant to post this in the midterms thread.

Where is that? What's it called? Is it ***DL Official***? Is Poll Troll there? Can you link?

by Anonymousreply 435November 4, 2018 12:56 PM

Official midterm tread for lazy ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436November 4, 2018 12:59 PM

Yes the poll troll is there.

by Anonymousreply 437November 4, 2018 1:00 PM

By the time Trump is forced to resign there will be less than a year of his term left so Pence doesn’t matter, with at least a Democratic House, it’s even less relevant. With a Democratic Senate, it matters not at all. If he survives, the won’t have the power or a mandate to do anything and we’ll be well into the 2020 campaign season anyway.

by Anonymousreply 438November 4, 2018 1:02 PM

[quote] Either it's going to be what we think – Dems take the House and a few governorships while the Senate stays the same – or there is a mass of people that no one has accounted for and it's going to be a blowout like 2017 was.

[quote] I’m a pessimist but this would not surprise me R409. It all depends on turnout, and I have a gut feeling that a huge number of people not only hate trump but are genuinely worried and sickened by what’s going on.

I agree, R409, with your husband’s assessment. I’ve been saying the same thing recently. This feels much more like 2017 than 2016. Even Chuckles the Clown Todd was saying as much on the local DC NBC station this morning in a teaser for Meet the Press. If a massive number of people are voting – as seems to be the case – then the polling estimates are going to be pretty much worthless. The last 12 months have only heightened anxiety over tRump – not decreased it. There is no reason for this election to be any less positive for the Dems than the 2017 elections in Virginia and New Jersey. People are mad, anxious, worried, and pissed off. A majority of this country dislikes tRump and they are going to do what they can to make that displeasure known and limit him in any way possible.

[quote] Of course that's all anecdotal evidence of something different this mid-term election

Here's a little more: My sister, who lives in NC, was campaigning for a friend who is a Democrat running for the NC Senate. While canvassing, she spoke to an older black woman who told my sister that not only was she voting for all Democrats, but that she had been asking her neighbors whether they voted. If they said they hadn’t, she told them to get in the car and she drove them to the early voting location so they could vote.

With any luck this will be replicated around the country – people concerned about the future of this nation doing what they can to take our country back from fascists, white supremacists, and Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 439November 4, 2018 1:32 PM

R420 Great post. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 440November 4, 2018 1:40 PM

The final? NBC/Wall Street Journal generic poll has the Democrats at +7

But they also have Orange Fuck at 46% approval and 52% disapproval.

Not sure I believe that after the past week Dump Truck is at 46%?

Also a personal pet peeve, can David Gura of MSNBC stop saying "Democrat" party and pronounce it correctly as "Democratic" party?

Somebody might get the idea that he's biased or something.

by Anonymousreply 441November 4, 2018 1:45 PM

The cable media would cover Trump's farts in detail, and gab about it for days, if they could capture such on audio. So sick of all of it.

What else is going on in the world? These asses aren't covering it.

by Anonymousreply 442November 4, 2018 1:51 PM

Once the dems win on Tuesday, can we please go back to being mean to each other on DL?

All this “great post” crap is pushing it.

But given the circumstances, it is temporarily forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 443November 4, 2018 1:57 PM

R384, I don't think this is new bribes. I think this is Trump paying down his debt to Putin.

by Anonymousreply 444November 4, 2018 2:24 PM

I hate seeing supposedly gay men here typing "The Dems", which is how crazed Right Wingers refer to us.

by Anonymousreply 445November 4, 2018 3:21 PM

I think the Georgia and Florida elections will be a good barometer of how the evening is going. If D's win and win by larger than razor thin margins, it will be a good night.

by Anonymousreply 446November 4, 2018 3:30 PM

I sometimes say "the Dems" and it's out of laziness, it's not because I'm an operative or part of some Extreme Right conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 447November 4, 2018 3:33 PM

R443 OK, Miss Lindsey, we shall try.

by Anonymousreply 448November 4, 2018 3:40 PM

I've heard Democrats say "Dems" all my life. It's not an indicator of Republican sympathies like "Democrat" as an adjective ("Democrat party").

by Anonymousreply 449November 4, 2018 3:52 PM

I like how MSNBC now notes that the president is having a rally and says they will go live if there is anything new.

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 450November 4, 2018 4:48 PM

Orange Cheatolini has been giving the same stupid speech for years. They should have stopped covering him ages ago.

[quote] I hate seeing supposedly gay men here typing "The Dems", which is how crazed Right Wingers refer to us.

Dems is not a slur by any stretch of the imagination. "Fellow Dems" is commonly used by -- Democrats. It's an easy, short-hand term. Some reich-wing Repukes may use it, but that is certainly not going to stop me from using it. There is simply nothing derisive about it. "Democrat Party" -- now that is offensive.

by Anonymousreply 451November 4, 2018 5:01 PM

Dems is OK.

Democrats is OK.

Democrat has been demonized because of DemocRat when referring to a plural. The Democrat Party..ugh.

But saying someone is a fine Democrat, in the singular, is also OK.

by Anonymousreply 452November 4, 2018 5:06 PM

Using THEIR terms gives them more power.

by Anonymousreply 453November 4, 2018 5:14 PM

[quote]I like how MSNBC now notes that the president is having a rally and says they will go live if there is anything new.

That's what they have been doing for quite a while, and also saying that they will be fact-checking him.

by Anonymousreply 454November 4, 2018 5:53 PM

I think Diaper Don is the first indictment in the family tree....

by Anonymousreply 455November 4, 2018 6:23 PM

I got confused in the last hundred posts thinking I was reading the midterms thread. This is slightly off topic, no? Not that I don’t love reading it. Just a bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 456November 4, 2018 6:39 PM

I should add that the CNN article where they discussed the Stone v. Credico emails/texts is definitely worth reading. And now that they’re leaked, Stone is lying about them and insisting he was “joking”. That lie (“I was just kidding”) is part of Stone’s strategy. Same thing re: “I was just false-bragging and lying about having WikiLeaks/Podesta knowledge.”

by Anonymousreply 457November 4, 2018 6:41 PM

[quote] Using THEIR terms gives them more power.

Please. It's not THEIR term. I've never heard Repugs use it. Sorry that you have, but I don't think you're going to get any of us to stop using it.

[quote] I got confused in the last hundred posts thinking I was reading the midterms thread. This is slightly off topic, no? Not that I don’t love reading it. Just a bit odd.

Yeah, we got off topic. But there is just not that much Mueller news right now. And, in all likelihood, what happens to his report will depend in large part on what occurs on Tuesday. So, in that sense it is (somewhat, slightly) connected.

by Anonymousreply 458November 4, 2018 6:59 PM

I'm really hoping Mueller drops a new indictment Wednesday morning. ANYONE I'm salivating waiting for this to get back in the news.

by Anonymousreply 459November 4, 2018 7:20 PM

Why is R457 even here? By his own admission, he hates gay men:

[Quote] Okay, silly queen. Keep proving my point about the tragic basicness and ignorance of Dataloungers. This is why I’m happy to have mostly straight friends.

He's probably looking forward to a Blue Trickle.

by Anonymousreply 460November 4, 2018 7:27 PM

R459, I'm anticipating Mueller's drop to be a big one.....the set up has been building to it

by Anonymousreply 461November 4, 2018 7:32 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that Mueller won't drop a big one on Wednesday morning. It's going to be fascinating seeing Donald even try to trump (pun intended) things with his own attention grabber.

by Anonymousreply 462November 4, 2018 7:35 PM

R462 if the Democrats win the House or shockingly the Senate too, I expect Trump to start a "there was foreign interference in 2018" schtick. He'll blame China and Iran and the repubs will launch investigations since they have 2 months left. That would be a great counter headline to any new indictments Mueller drops.

and we know repubs do not care about the truth so most of them would be fine launching a bs investigation. Fox will obviously support this

by Anonymousreply 463November 4, 2018 7:39 PM

Please stop using pictures of Plump in the next thread. He’s so hideous and grotesquely large and unnatractive. He looks like Jabba the Hut.

There has to be others you can use.

by Anonymousreply 464November 4, 2018 7:42 PM

There was an article on the Washington Post that stated it seemed like he's already conceded the House and is putting his energy (which he gets from not walking) into maintaining a firewall around the Senate.

They further went on to speculate that should Pelosi be Speaker again, it would help him for 2020 since he'd have a new boogieman to go up against.

by Anonymousreply 465November 4, 2018 7:43 PM

My bet is that Pelosi is elected Speaker one last time, pulls a Ryan and goes out at the top of her game working for the 2020 Democratic candidate. She hands the gavel to her Democratic successor 1.3.2021.

by Anonymousreply 466November 4, 2018 7:48 PM

Dems is OK shorthand for Democrats. Can I say Frisco for San Fran?

by Anonymousreply 467November 4, 2018 7:52 PM

San Franciscans get peevish.

I used to get antsy about Vegas...

by Anonymousreply 468November 4, 2018 7:54 PM

And what about The James, short for the St. James theater in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 469November 4, 2018 8:03 PM

I hope Mueller drops his biggest indictments on Tuesday, sealed indictments that are unsealed Wednesday. One of those discreet, low key, last minute, just before they close for the day, filings that the media "happens" to notice. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 470November 4, 2018 8:56 PM

"Dems" is a totally non-judgmental nickname for the Democrats.

References to the "Democrat party" are, of course, not.

by Anonymousreply 471November 4, 2018 8:58 PM

Any chance Rudy will be swept up in the big crackdown we hope is coming? He's not even pretending he's not T-Rump's mule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472November 4, 2018 9:02 PM

R467, no you cannot say “Frisco” for San Francisco! My dad used to say that just to piss me off. That’s “The City” to you.

by Anonymousreply 473November 4, 2018 9:09 PM

Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's attorney and longtime adviser, has raised eyebrows over his repeated trips to Russia, Ukraine and Armenia, which have reportedly increased in frequency since Trump took office, according to a report from ProPublica.

The former New York City mayor was in Armenia last week, with local media outlets reporting that the Trump lawyer had been invited there by Ara Abramyan, an Armenian businessman who lives in Russia and played a role in helping to reconstruct the Kremlin, ProPublica reported.

W

T

F

?

by Anonymousreply 474November 4, 2018 9:10 PM

I was admonished for saying Frisco during my first trip there. It still stings. They did NOT like that.

by Anonymousreply 475November 4, 2018 9:12 PM

So, for everyone keeping score at home, we're expecting or would like to see indictments of Stone, Don. Jr. and Jared this week. Rudy is a dark horse favorite. Is there anyone *else* (Miz Lindsay is a given) from Congress (Senate or House) we hope will have their Russian connections revealed soon?

by Anonymousreply 476November 4, 2018 9:15 PM

In its heyday, Marie Callendar’s restaurants around the country had a “Frisco Burger” on their menus. It was a tasty burger sandwich on sourdough toast. Except in the Bay Area it was on their menus as the “San Francisco Burger”.

by Anonymousreply 477November 4, 2018 9:22 PM

"Swinging Roger" threatened to kill the guy's small dog? What a piece of shit this scumbag is.

by Anonymousreply 478November 4, 2018 9:23 PM

I want to see Jared go down along with Steve Bannon and Brad Parscale and anyone associated with Cambridge Analytica. Donnie Jr will be a bonus. Roger Stone will probably be charged with something but it won't be a juicy charge. I want someone charged with "conspiracy to commit fraud against the American people and interfering in our elections." That is the big enchilada IMO. And the people involved with the IT stuff were JAred, Bannon and Parscale along with Cambridge Analytica. Of cpurse we pught to include Donnie Jr. because he was at the Russia meeting with Manafort. Listen. By the time Gates, Manafort's former partner, and Manafort himself, and Michael Cohen get finished squealing, the whole family will go down. And now that Mueller has shown he will strip assets from them,like Manafort, that has to have them pissing their pants.

by Anonymousreply 479November 4, 2018 9:28 PM

and the Mercers R479, don't forget the Mercers.

by Anonymousreply 480November 4, 2018 9:32 PM

Did the courts ever reveal Krystal Night?

$50 says it was Rebeka “ Mask” Mercer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481November 4, 2018 9:39 PM

Who me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482November 4, 2018 9:41 PM

Roll out those barrels, Mr. Mueller!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483November 4, 2018 10:41 PM

It would be most interesting if Junior Mints indictment was issued tomorrow (Monday) morning. It won't happen because it would be called election interference, a.k.a. Comey.

There's expectation Trump will fire Sessions, and maybe Rosenstein also, right after the election. Then he'll try to install someone to halt Mueller.

Miss Lindzey is pushing such.

by Anonymousreply 484November 4, 2018 11:40 PM

[quote]Please stop using pictures of Plump in the next thread. He’s so hideous and grotesquely large and unnatractive. He looks like Jabba the Hut.

That's the point.

by Anonymousreply 485November 4, 2018 11:44 PM

The indictments should be issued at 10:01 PM Tuesday night. After the polls close but before Trump can fire anyone.

by Anonymousreply 486November 4, 2018 11:52 PM

Exactly. Get them out at the earliest possible moment, one step ahead of Donald (like that's been hard).

by Anonymousreply 487November 5, 2018 1:26 AM

I predict Rosenstein is fired Tuesday night after polls close on the west coast so Mueller better act quick because his window of opportunity is closing fast.

by Anonymousreply 488November 5, 2018 1:36 AM

Court won't be open at 10 PM. I say file sealed indictments just before court closes for the day Tuesday. Let the media pour over the filings and speculate, then the judge can have them unsealed Wednesday morning and no matter what happens to Mueller the die is cast! He can also submit his report to Rosenstein Wednesday before he gets fired.

I actually don't think Trump will fire Rosenstein. I think Trump will announce Sessions' departure Wednesday morning, and have his successor lined up, but who ever he appoints has to be approved by the Senate so that is not going to happen overnight. Even if they rush it through it'll take a week or two.

It buys time for Mueller and Rosenstein but they will have to move fast. I'm thinking he has already secured his files. My guess is that the next AG will simply limit and close the investigation. So it's important for Mueller's findings to be secured.

The main thing is that if the election results in bad news for Trump, he and Shine have already planned how to change the subject Wednesday. Trust me, by Friday we will all be talking about something that supersedes the election results. Even as the Republicans hurl accusations and contest the results.

by Anonymousreply 489November 5, 2018 1:47 AM

[quote] Even if they rush it through it'll take a week or two.

While nothing about tRump or his maladministration would shock me, a week or two to get a new member of the Cabinet approved would be extraordinarily fast. The FBI still has to do a background investigation no matter who it is. Plus, there is at least a pro forma hearing. And, the vote would have to wait until the following week for the Judiciary Committee, and a few days after that for the full Senate.

And, if the White House had already asked the FBI to start the BI on someone, we would know about it.

Of course, there are no rules when it comes to Donald tRump. And the Senate has been more than happy to go along with whatever he wants, so yeah, maybe he can get someone confirmed in record time.

by Anonymousreply 490November 5, 2018 2:01 AM

What would possibly be a distraction over the election results? The only two things I can think of are a summit or a war.

by Anonymousreply 491November 5, 2018 2:10 AM

If the rumored next AG is currently on staff at DoJ and has already gone through a BI, then all he has to do is have his name placed in nomination,scheduled for hearings and a vote. McConnell will do it. Three weeks at most. It'll be interesting to see how efficiently the Trump White House processes stuff with McGahn gone. He handled all that stuff. He is a rotten son of a bitch, but he understood process and how to maneuver with Congress. Kelly certainly doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 492November 5, 2018 2:19 AM

That person would be Noel Francisco.....who works for Trumps law firm, Jones Day, and who Trump secretly signed a waiver for through an executive order. So it was being planned in advance....The fix is in.

by Anonymousreply 493November 5, 2018 2:24 AM

[quote] If the rumored next AG is currently on staff at DoJ and has already gone through a BI, then all he has to do is have his name placed in nomination,scheduled for hearings and a vote.

Sorry, but that is not accurate. The FBI still has to do a BI even if it just amounts to an update since the last BI.

by Anonymousreply 494November 5, 2018 2:25 AM

True Los Angeles natives hate “L.A.”

by Anonymousreply 495November 5, 2018 6:14 AM

^^^ I’ve never heard that. I guess the L.A. Dodgers will have to change their name (and their hats.)

by Anonymousreply 496November 5, 2018 7:21 AM

I find it a tad ironic that Showtime’s Roger Ailes/Fox News miniseries starring Russell Crowe begins shooting tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 497November 5, 2018 11:57 AM

I think Rebekkkah might be related to this gal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498November 5, 2018 3:58 PM

R496, you’re misunderstanding. Los Angeles can be initialized in writing and everything is fine - LAX, L.A. Dodgers, Venice Beach, L.A. , UCLA - they’re all good,

It’s when you come out and say Ell Aye, that’s what natives say. It sounds like Hollywood pretentious bicoastal lingo.

Imagine people saying things like En why cee, No Lah, and yes .... Dee Cee (ask anyone born in Washington DC).

by Anonymousreply 499November 5, 2018 5:07 PM

LA natives call Los Angeles, LA.

by Anonymousreply 500November 5, 2018 5:10 PM

Born and raised in Los Angeles and I have never heard of anyone caring if someone calls Los Angeles, LA.

by Anonymousreply 501November 5, 2018 5:11 PM

Maybe its the Hispanic communities that I know from Los Angeles who don’t care for ell aye

by Anonymousreply 502November 5, 2018 5:13 PM

I'm a SF native. If you call if Frisco you better look like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503November 5, 2018 6:25 PM

Jim Acosta:

Trump to reporters about ad rejected by CNN, NBC and Fox as he left for today's rallies: “A lot of things are offensive...Your questions are offensive.”

by Anonymousreply 504November 5, 2018 6:36 PM

Trump is an asshole. Why is that creep in the oval office? Lots of Americans are assholes, too. There are more of us than them. We will get back on the right track. Trump's assholeness is not sustainable.

by Anonymousreply 505November 5, 2018 6:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506November 5, 2018 6:45 PM

WaPo's Josh Dawsey:

“I don’t care. They can do whatever they want and I can do whatever I want,” Trump says when asked about Democrats potentially wining House and seeking his tax returns.

by Anonymousreply 507November 5, 2018 9:53 PM

[quote]“I don’t care. They can do whatever they want and I can do whatever I want,” Trump says when asked about Democrats potentially wining House and seeking his tax returns.

Whatevah! I do want I want!

by Anonymousreply 508November 5, 2018 10:16 PM

he's going to be in for a shock when the IRS gets a copy of that subpoena and turns his shit over.

by Anonymousreply 509November 5, 2018 10:21 PM

I’ve been receiving texts from “Trump” and “Jr”. I do not appreciate that.

by Anonymousreply 510November 5, 2018 10:21 PM

He won't be in shock when his Treasury Secretary ignores the subpoena.

The Democrats need to subpoena MUELLER for the records he is suspected to have.

by Anonymousreply 511November 5, 2018 10:23 PM

That cocky, arrogant, privileged, corrupt, exotic animal shooter called Junior Mint, needs to kick-off a new round of indictments.

by Anonymousreply 512November 5, 2018 10:36 PM

Come on Indictment Wednesday!

by Anonymousreply 513November 5, 2018 10:41 PM

It bears repeating: our president's style of responding to criticism is now more or less "Your FACE is offensive." Seriously, we've got a fifth grade bully at the helm.

by Anonymousreply 514November 5, 2018 11:15 PM

Actual billboard outside St. Louis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515November 5, 2018 11:28 PM

[quote]he's going to be in for a shock when the IRS gets a copy of that subpoena and turns his shit over.

It's Trump's IRS now so they're gonna fight it tooth and nail.

Temper your expectations re the Dem subpoena power if they take the House. Trump and his minions are gonna fight all of them, all the way to SCOTUS which is stacked in his favor.

Same with Dem legislation in the House.

I'm saying, prepare for long drawn out process.

by Anonymousreply 516November 5, 2018 11:28 PM

I don't think anyone is expecting any major legislative changes. I'm just in favor of slamming the brakes on things getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 517November 5, 2018 11:30 PM

Someone needs to staple Cheeto's pussy-grabbing quote in neon letters on this ridiculous billboard at R15.

To illustrate which word became flesh.

by Anonymousreply 518November 5, 2018 11:32 PM

What do we expect to see on his tax returns? Do we expect that he listed loans from Russians? Or is it just about how much he's actually worth and if in fact he could be in debt to someone? And why would he have been honest to any of it?

by Anonymousreply 519November 6, 2018 12:42 AM

There's a REASON why he's been dead set against anybody seeing his tax returns for years now, r519, aren't you even a little curious as to what that reason might be?

I am.

by Anonymousreply 520November 6, 2018 12:46 AM

Yes, R520, obviously there's a reason. I'm clearly asking what we think it might be.

by Anonymousreply 521November 6, 2018 12:49 AM

I think what we’ll find out is that he has no real money. All of his money is prospective. He’s terrified that people will find out he’s poor.

by Anonymousreply 522November 6, 2018 12:54 AM

He's not liquid.

by Anonymousreply 523November 6, 2018 12:57 AM

The total sounds more impressive if it's given in rubles.

by Anonymousreply 524November 6, 2018 1:04 AM

Oopsie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525November 6, 2018 1:12 AM

Having the tax returns revealed spoils Don's con in at least two ways -- it introduces reality and it introduces accountability.

by Anonymousreply 526November 6, 2018 1:23 AM

There's no way Kush can get a pass... why isn't he on the list?

Unless he's the one ratting them all out.

by Anonymousreply 527November 6, 2018 1:23 AM

my guess is Bannon, Jared, Stone, Donnie, Jr. and Pops will all get hit at the same time. I hope Brad Parscale is on that list. He's the bastard who hacked the systems.

by Anonymousreply 528November 6, 2018 1:27 AM

I'm wary of these "sources." Muller doesn't leak so then who is the one with this "info?"

by Anonymousreply 529November 6, 2018 1:29 AM

If hubby, her daddy/lover, and Fredo are all involved, where is Ivanka in this? No way she didn't play a large part in it.

by Anonymousreply 530November 6, 2018 1:35 AM

R530, Mueller isn't crazy. charging Ivanka with crimes won't fly for the purposes of this investigation. She'll get hers soon enough. She's under investigation in NY and I think there are several suits pending with her now defunct company.

by Anonymousreply 531November 6, 2018 1:40 AM

Maybe Friday, we need at least two days of navel gazing analysis over the midterms!

by Anonymousreply 532November 6, 2018 1:41 AM

R531 I don't think that's how Mueller operates. If she's committed a crime, he'll charge her. He's not just going to look the other way.

by Anonymousreply 533November 6, 2018 2:02 AM

Rachel Maddow's last segment just made me completely nervous all over again! Did you see it? It basically said that because of gerrymandering in the Repugs favor, Dems have to win the overall popular vote by at least 12% to 14% tomorrow if they want to win back the House! Only one poll (the CNN poll) has them at 13%, the rest are points lower than that.

Thanks Rachel, like I didn't have enough to be fucking worried about already.

by Anonymousreply 534November 6, 2018 2:04 AM

I’m thinking of hiding out at a movie theater tomorrow I’m super nervous for Beto!! 😖

I voted early

by Anonymousreply 535November 6, 2018 2:11 AM

Well, R534, Nate Silver doesn't agree with Rachel if she said that. He's now giving the Democrats a 7 in 8 chance of taking the House.

I keep dampening my enthusiasm by telling myself that I was optimistic in 2016, too, but actually that's an apples/oranges comparison. The polls and statisticians were basically correct; Trump lost the popular vote as expected (especially after the Comey crap) and won the EC by tiny majorities in three states. The same methods are predicting bigger margins in the 2018 races, and we have the precedent of two years of special elections to consider.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536November 6, 2018 2:17 AM

I didn’t see that Maddow segment, although my boyfriend has it on in the next room, but I disagree with her. Gerrymandering or no, pollsters have been calling this for Democrats all along. And we don’t have the Electoral College bullshit. Democrats are favored to win enough races to retake the House, and we’ll probably be surprised by the margin.

Or, we could all somehow be completely wrong again. I don’t see how, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 537November 6, 2018 2:23 AM

RE: Mueller issuing his report as early as Wednesday, I don’t think he’s done with his Obstruction investigation of the President, is he? How could he conclude it?

He might issue further *indictments*, but there’s no way he submits a final report that soon. He probably has a provisional final report ready to go in case he’s canned, but I’m certain he wants to interview Trump. Has the President submitted responses to the questions yet?? I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 538November 6, 2018 2:25 AM

If Mueller files indictments, what happens to them if he is somehow fired? As cases already filed, does someone else take over?

by Anonymousreply 539November 6, 2018 2:26 AM

Rachel ALWAYS does shows right before the election where she says it's looking dire for Democrats. That's how she gets people to go out and vote. She would never say the Dems have it in the bag.

Roger Stone has been losing his damn mind on Instagram lately. He's furious at Steve Bannon. Something about - Now we know why this slob #stevebannon was trying to throw shade on me ! Up to his ass in the illegal hacking of data from Facebook by Cambridge Analytica.

Somebody needs to put him out of his misery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540November 6, 2018 2:31 AM

R540, are you saying Stone is saying BANNON is up to his ears in Cambridge Analytica shenanigans, and he’s trying to get Stone in trouble to take the heat off himself?

by Anonymousreply 541November 6, 2018 2:35 AM

What I'm worried about is them tampering with the actual tallies like they did in 2016... and 2004... and 2000.

I am going to do my best to avoid all coverage (and probably treads) tomorrow. I cannot re-live 2016.

by Anonymousreply 542November 6, 2018 2:38 AM

[quote]Gerrymandering or no, pollsters have been calling this for Democrats all along. And we don’t have the Electoral College bullshit.

Gerrymandering and vote suppression make up for the EC bullshit in the House races. There is a worst case scenario where Dems win the popular vote again but don't win majority in the House, so nobody should underestimate how stacked the deck is against them.

by Anonymousreply 543November 6, 2018 2:45 AM

R41 - that part about Cambridge Analytica was copied directly from one of his Instagram posts.

I have heard rumors that Bannon met with Mueller and gave him info about Stone. No doubt Bannon himself is the source for those stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544November 6, 2018 2:46 AM

If Dems keep winning majorities by big numbers but losing because of technicalities, there will eventually be a revolt.

by Anonymousreply 545November 6, 2018 2:47 AM

I agree, R545. People are going to eventually get sick of that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 546November 6, 2018 3:04 AM

Where is our "riot" troll?

by Anonymousreply 547November 6, 2018 3:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548November 6, 2018 3:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549November 6, 2018 3:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550November 6, 2018 3:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551November 6, 2018 3:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552November 6, 2018 3:45 AM

I'm hoping Hannity gets in trouble at some point. Remember he was caught earlier this year DM'ing with Assange. Someone I know in the military who briefly worked at the NSA refused to comment when I asked if Hannity might be under investigation (he can't answer certain questions that are classified) so I took that as a yes. I don't know how an NSA investigation might translate into an indictment but I'm hoping Hannity did something. He does seem so worried about investigations into the 2016 election. Would he really be so concerned if he weren't involved? It wouldn't surprise me if he paid for something illegal like wikileaks releases

by Anonymousreply 553November 6, 2018 3:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554November 6, 2018 3:47 AM

[quote]where is Ivanka in this

watching from a safe distance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555November 6, 2018 3:47 AM

I just read an acquaintance's status where he spent six paragraphs bitching about HRC. It's amazing how people become so unhinged over someone who isn't even a factor in the midterms.

This person went on and on about how he will "never forgive her," for giving us Dotard. Meanwhile the asshole also didn't vote for her. This person is also a Jewish, Gay, Man.

One of the people that commented also bitched about HRC saying that she was a bitch and completely unlikable because a "friend," who worked Secret Service said she wasn't nice to them or Military families.

I was tempted to post the, "Sure, Jan," gif.

by Anonymousreply 556November 6, 2018 3:50 AM

That’s very interesting, R553.

And thank you to whoever posted the several news article links above R553. Will be reading them all right now!

I sooooo want Ghouliani to be indicted for something. You just know there’s a lot there. I want it almost more than I want Hannity to go down. Although taking Hannity down is *extremely* important.

by Anonymousreply 557November 6, 2018 3:51 AM

I want her to get an indictment too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558November 6, 2018 3:52 AM

R556, what state did your gay Jewish friend not vote in?

by Anonymousreply 559November 6, 2018 3:52 AM

My list goes on and on...

Hannity.. Ghouliani... McConnell... Ryan... Cruz... Nunes... Chaffetz... Miller... Kushner... Conway... all of the Drumpfs... and of course the Senatrice!

by Anonymousreply 560November 6, 2018 3:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561November 6, 2018 3:59 AM

Don't forget to add Pence to that list.

by Anonymousreply 562November 6, 2018 4:00 AM

Nunes' attachment to Flynn makes me think he could be entangled in this too. Even if he did nothing during the campaign, his acts of trying to lie and cover up for Trump might border on illegal

by Anonymousreply 563November 6, 2018 4:02 AM

I remember when people were delusional and saying that Graham was acting this way because he was actually helping Mueller get info. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 564November 6, 2018 4:02 AM

sadly I don't think Kellyanne has done anything illegal. She's just a mouthpiece like Sarah Huckabee who will willingly lie and deceive. Given how critical Kellyanne's husband is of Trump and that she only joined his campaign after having worked for Cruz, I just don't see her being dumb enough to do something illegal.

by Anonymousreply 565November 6, 2018 4:04 AM

R559 he voted... just didn't vote for HRC. He's from NY.

by Anonymousreply 566November 6, 2018 4:09 AM

R565 she's not dumb enough to do something illegal?

She's illegally broken ethics laws several times.

by Anonymousreply 567November 6, 2018 4:12 AM

Of course he did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568November 6, 2018 4:16 AM

"Your gross ugly doody-face is offensive!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569November 6, 2018 4:20 AM

I'd bet the Senatrice has that wig in his closet.

by Anonymousreply 570November 6, 2018 4:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571November 6, 2018 4:32 AM

Buckle up. The Mueller investigation may once again take center stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572November 6, 2018 4:34 AM

Look at this asshole. He deserves a visit from Beverly Sutphin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573November 6, 2018 4:36 AM

Does Mueller have to wait to file any new indictments until Wednesday morning when things open? Or could he put it in after all polls are closed late Tuesday and it would just go into effect on Wednesday?

by Anonymousreply 574November 6, 2018 4:38 AM

Wondering how many of you have already voted and/or what state you're voting in?

by Anonymousreply 575November 6, 2018 4:42 AM

Voting in Virginia in roughly 5 hrs 15 min.

by Anonymousreply 576November 6, 2018 4:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577November 6, 2018 4:46 AM

Voted in CA last weekend.

by Anonymousreply 578November 6, 2018 4:47 AM

Voted in TX two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 579November 6, 2018 4:48 AM

Voting in Michigan in 6 hours

by Anonymousreply 580November 6, 2018 4:49 AM

R579 what are you hearing in terms of Beto vs Cruz?

by Anonymousreply 581November 6, 2018 4:50 AM

Love Beto!!!

by Anonymousreply 582November 6, 2018 4:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583November 6, 2018 4:52 AM

Copied and shared the wrong link. Sorry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584November 6, 2018 4:52 AM

I'm hearing that Cruz will probably win by about 5 points. But I'm hoping that most of the polling is underestimating the enthusiasm and the youth vote.

by Anonymousreply 585November 6, 2018 4:53 AM

I know people are going to hate me for posting this but I never vote early. I live literally right next to my voting station and in my city there are multiple voting areas so I never have to worry about waiting since there are no crowds. I don't understand why sometimes when I look on tv and see lines that so long with people waiting for hours as I haven't experienced that. Then again maybe that's more of a red state thing?

by Anonymousreply 586November 6, 2018 4:55 AM

Not sure why anyone would hate you for that R586. I had an older woman tell me once though that she always made sure to vote early because she wanted to make sure her vote counted, even if she dropped the morning of.

by Anonymousreply 587November 6, 2018 4:58 AM

Voted in AZ on Thursday, Democratic ticket.

by Anonymousreply 588November 6, 2018 4:58 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589November 6, 2018 4:58 AM

What does the Senate race in AZ look like?

by Anonymousreply 590November 6, 2018 5:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591November 6, 2018 5:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592November 6, 2018 5:10 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593November 6, 2018 5:11 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 594November 6, 2018 5:11 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 595November 6, 2018 5:11 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 596November 6, 2018 5:11 AM

out

by Anonymousreply 597November 6, 2018 5:11 AM

Link to new thread below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598November 6, 2018 5:11 AM

Now go and vote tomorrow if you haven't!

by Anonymousreply 599November 6, 2018 5:12 AM

New thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 6, 2018 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!