Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Summer fever

Carry on with parsimonia.

by Anonymousreply 600May 3, 2018 10:22 PM

REMINDER

This is the Tim IG fan account, that is in contact with his agent, and has quickly updates about his whereabouts, the posts he shares on IG, his tweets, his upcoming projects, etc. It's a legit source and is accurate 90% of times. On a different note, this thread is dedicated to both Armie and Tim and their respective careers, projects, etc. Very often we get overboard when Tim is seen out and about and the posting easily reaches 200 comments in a short span of time, which is the keyword here. Nobody says that you can't "gossip" about what he's doing, who he parties with, seen with etc. BUT try to REDUCE the number of posts by writing longer relevant replies/ linking changes in his schedule/adding new info etc. and NOT REPEATING the same things all over again ad nauseam otherwise this thread will eventually get closed/banned and we definitely don't want that. This already happened in the past and people were banned because they filled the threads with mundane things such as short replies in a 2 minute span with nothing interesting to add to the conversation. Therefore, kindly, stick to the rules so that everyone can be happy and have fun.

THANK YOU.

P.S. Personally, I think that 25/30 max posts dedicated exclusively to Tim's "gossip" when he goes out and does something etc. are more than enough to keep everyone happy and not monopolise the thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2018 4:05 AM

That ig account is a legit source? It's been correct 1 out of 2 times regarding information not publicly available.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2018 4:41 AM

It’s legit, remember their fist language is not English. But overall it’s good. I suppose by now TC is back in London so it was a short trip as the fan stated. If there’s another fan account on csi level I’ll link it. No problem, but you have to admit the fanboy is running it a stalkish manner therefore his other fans who want to lnow TC every move are happy.

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2018 4:49 AM

Armie shooting his new movie in Nola

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2018 6:07 AM

I hope we can discuss Guadagnino, Ivory and Aciman here, being CMBYN-related. Out of all the movies we're waiting to be released, Suspiria is the one that definitely gets my attention.

I said it somewhere else, but Armie is in good hands with Anvari because Under The Shadow was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2018 7:13 AM

This is the only (relevant) movie in which he plays a contemporary character and is not set in a different era/decade right?Do we know if this is current time yet?From the clothing seems like it. Correct me as I'm prob wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2018 7:18 AM

R5 Yes, of course! This thread includes CMBYN related stuff too. I didn't add that to the initial post because thought it was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2018 7:22 AM

[quote]Carry on with parsimonia.

Cheapness?

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2018 9:30 AM

R8 Moderation lol

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2018 9:38 AM

parsimony

[PAHR-suh-moh'-nee]

noun: extreme or excessive economy or frugality; stinginess; niggardliness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2018 9:44 AM

This was pretty funny tbh. Why does he wear socks like that anyway? Is it a trend I'm not aware of?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2018 11:55 AM

R11 it's actually a pretty old trend....after the nike socks from a couple of years ago now all the fashionistas in Milano are like that,sporting dirty socks over their Prada trousers,with Off-White gas station shirt and cap. Le sigh.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2018 11:59 AM

Really happy for Kaia Gerber finally getting that IG follow she's been after for months. Persistence pays off, kids.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2018 12:03 PM

Didn't Kaia unfollow timmy & then started following Elizabeth?

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2018 12:41 PM

She did, but she just recently refollowed him and he finally reciprocated.

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2018 12:47 PM

lol he's not great at following back people, even celebrities. Seems like he went on a following spree last night to make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2018 12:53 PM

She already followed Elizabeth because Elizabeth is friends with her mom.

by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2018 1:07 PM

Pedo thread

by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2018 1:28 PM

R10 Oops, my bad. English is not my first language either, it's Italian and "parsimonia" is used as a synonym of moderation, figuratively speaking. Haha I guess it sounds odd to native speakers lol

by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2018 1:35 PM

r18 idiota post

by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2018 1:35 PM

[quote]R18-Erna

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2018 1:56 PM

R4 which Instagram is that? I clicked on it, but only the video played.

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2018 1:59 PM

R22 It's on tristanbaurick IG profile.

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2018 2:21 PM

Ruth Bader Ginsburg in person shot a cameo for the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2018 4:57 PM

another article for the other "Armie Hammer movie"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2018 5:07 PM

Man, I really want Hotel Mumbai to see the light. Armie has kind of bad luck with this one...Would A24 be interested in it?

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2018 5:28 PM

R24 Good then RBG will also promote it.

by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2018 6:22 PM

R25 I don't know if it's good or bad that Armie's name is very prominent in the article's heading.. I mean, he seems to be a big name enough now, so good for him, but that's probably why they used it, to give the article some traction, though it makes him seem guilty by association. I mean, Dev Patel and Jason Isaacs also star. And Patel is an Oscar-nominee from last year!

by Anonymousreply 28April 17, 2018 6:27 PM

why would it be bad?They are selling the article by his name,so that means he's hot commodity now.

by Anonymousreply 29April 17, 2018 7:14 PM

R29 yup. when I first heard about this movie it was a "Patel new movie"....and somewhere in the article "joined by Hammer and co."

by Anonymousreply 30April 17, 2018 7:30 PM
by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2018 11:01 PM

Hot. I particularly like the second one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2018 6:26 PM

Ok, I'll post the link from the other thread here too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2018 8:11 PM

Do we know something about them? As in are they good or nah?

by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2018 8:36 PM

Henke is good. Glusman always plays weirdos/oddcasts and seems off-putting when playing nice guys like in The Neon Demon. He's dating Zoe Kravitz. Maybe she'll come to set and Armie can have an affair with her.

by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2018 8:45 PM

Thanks. I knew very little of them.

by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2018 8:56 PM

Oh Elizabeth followed Zoe yesterday and she followed both Armie and Elizabeth. I did wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2018 8:58 PM

Tim's in NY according to Twitter. This person says he was seen outside a NYU building. I don't see how he could be still be going to school with his schedule but if he is, I admire his commitment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2018 9:07 PM

Well outside a NYU building doesn't really mean much considering their popular location within the city.

by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2018 9:08 PM

Quick pit stop in NY before back to London?

by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2018 9:16 PM

[quote]maybe he still do go here

That Rena's as literate as they come, r38.

by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2018 9:17 PM

That was also posted two days ago, so with the rate he travels he could be anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 42April 19, 2018 9:19 PM

SPOILER: So according to the article posted above this is the novel the movie is based on,which was first ref to as Blattodea (order of insects that contains cockroaches and termites) and unless you want the whole plot of the book and the reason they choose this name at first instead of "darker dark" don't read this article. Also considering the cast it seems like they will def follow the book or least its protagonists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 20, 2018 6:28 AM

Potentially in London now... potentially

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 20, 2018 12:23 PM

Could you save the tedious location speculation posts for Tumblr, where they belong? Posting every random tweet about someone thinking they saw him is just going to see this thread go the way of the others.

by Anonymousreply 45April 20, 2018 12:35 PM

Sorry. I just saw the post about the NY one last night, so thought I'd throw that in.

by Anonymousreply 46April 20, 2018 12:50 PM

R45 is right. This "Where in the World Is Tim O'Tay?" bs is peak mental retardation.

by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2018 1:07 PM

Or if you really want to post where he is, just wait till the info is 100% sure in order not to fill the threads with false speculation and post every minute a different place. That’s it. Just wait. When it’s known for sure, someone will post it.

by Anonymousreply 48April 20, 2018 1:11 PM

Who cares where he is in his daily life? We're not bloody stalkers.

by Anonymousreply 49April 20, 2018 1:23 PM

R49 That’s true too. But, I can bet all you want that there will be someone who wants to post about his location...at least, just post a reply and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 50April 20, 2018 1:26 PM

[quote]We're not bloody stalkers.

You're not. I'm not. Can't say the same for r44.

by Anonymousreply 51April 20, 2018 1:30 PM

Let’s just move on...we wrote what we had to write. I think most of us aren’t so interested in Tim’s whereabouts, but when someone really has that “urge” to let us know about it just one post.

by Anonymousreply 52April 20, 2018 1:35 PM

I don't give a shit about his location or who he follows on Ig or what festival he goes and with whom. Open your own thread please...

by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2018 2:05 PM

R53 then what is this thread about?

by Anonymousreply 54April 20, 2018 3:26 PM

R54 It is about the creative output of both actors. Not being a bug that crawled up their asses and followed them everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2018 3:35 PM

R54 if you don't know...it means you might not be in the right place.

R55 gave you the answer.

by Anonymousreply 56April 20, 2018 3:52 PM

"Nobody says that you can't "gossip" about what he's doing, who he parties with, seen with etc. BUT try to REDUCE the number of posts by writing longer relevant replies/ linking changes in his schedule/adding new info etc. and NOT REPEATING the same things all over again"

Some of you should go back and reread the first post in the thread. People are entitled to post whatever they please on here. If you don't want to know, go open your own thread.

by Anonymousreply 57April 20, 2018 4:14 PM

That post was aimed at people like you, R57. All you've posted in this thread are one line comments about where he might be. OP included the link to that update account for a reason - to prevent those kind of posts, as if that same fangirl behaviour rears its ugly head again, the threads will just get nuked again. Tumblr really is the place for the obsessive minute-by-minute types to update each other on the minutiae. This is a discussion forum.

by Anonymousreply 58April 20, 2018 4:20 PM

R57 This is all you have to say in this thread....you are clearly an idiot.

Quick pit stop in NY before back to London?

That was also posted two days ago, so with the rate he travels he could be anywhere.

Potentially in London now... potentially

Sorry. I just saw the post about the NY one last night, so thought I'd throw that in.

by Anonymousreply 59April 20, 2018 4:29 PM

Goodbye, R57.

by Anonymousreply 60April 20, 2018 4:32 PM

The posting police are so incredibly annoying. If we're not allowed to gossip about Armie here because there's another thread, we're not allowed to discuss where Timmy may be, we're not allowed to talk about who he's hanging out with, then what exactly are we going to talk about? He doesn't have a film coming out for months.

Just shut the fuck up and let people have a conversation. If you don't like it, ignore it. Or else this thread will just be empty.

by Anonymousreply 61April 20, 2018 5:23 PM

R61 open your own thread and stfu. The posting police it's majority of people here,if you don't like it fucking go.

by Anonymousreply 62April 20, 2018 5:27 PM

R62 I'd like some clarification on what I'm actually allowed to post about here. I find it completely odd that there's a thread dedicated to Armie 'gossip' but no one is allowed to gossip about Timmy here or there.

by Anonymousreply 63April 20, 2018 5:30 PM

It is the trifle posted by such low lights as r57 and r61 that got the Timothee threads banned in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 64April 20, 2018 5:32 PM

R63 Read the fucking thread ffs!! R55

Is it so difficult to OPEN YOUR OWN FUCKING TIM THREAD?are you guys for real? Open a thread about Tim and gossip there.

by Anonymousreply 65April 20, 2018 5:33 PM

You do realise that it's not obligatory to post, right R61? And excessive posting has closed threads and got users banned in the past. If you're so keen to know where someone is at all times, there's twitter, tumblr and Instagram, or even LSA. Datalounge is not such a place.

Oh, and chiming in to reveal Timmy's current location or ask questions about it isn't gossip, its inane, obsessive and boring crap.

by Anonymousreply 66April 20, 2018 5:33 PM

That's a lovely set of posts where none of you managed to tell me what this thread is for posting about.

by Anonymousreply 67April 20, 2018 5:34 PM

I mean, I really don't ned to be directed towards every possible Timothee sighting on Twitter, but this endless meta-discussion is much more tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 68April 20, 2018 5:34 PM

*need

by Anonymousreply 69April 20, 2018 5:34 PM

'the creative output of both actors'.

So this thread shall just be dead until July then when they have films coming out? Fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 70April 20, 2018 5:35 PM

So R70? If there's nothing interesting to discuss, let it rest. Much better than filling it with stupid fangirl stuff.

by Anonymousreply 71April 20, 2018 5:37 PM

No, I'll post whatever I like. Since when have these threads ever just been for their work? Never.

Block me if you don't like it. There are other people here that want to gossip about Timmy so that's what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 72April 20, 2018 5:38 PM

Exactly, r71. I doubt Timmy is holding his breath waiting for Datalounge to discuss every time he farts, fucks, smokes, eats, gets a haircut, types an Oxford comma, or takes an Uber.

by Anonymousreply 73April 20, 2018 5:39 PM

How can you gossip, though, r72, when there is nothing to say?

by Anonymousreply 74April 20, 2018 5:39 PM

R72 sounds like one of those cunts who attacked celebs who didn't "tweet about Orlando."

by Anonymousreply 75April 20, 2018 5:40 PM

R73 But Armie wants a thread discussing the miniscule chances of his marriage falling apart because he's going to have an affair with Dakota Jonhson?

R74 Clearly there are things to say if people are being told to shut up. To be frank, there's been far more to talk about with Timmy than Armie but Armie is the one who has his own gossip thread? It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 76April 20, 2018 5:40 PM

"timmy is in London today" "no, he's in NYC!" "wow who knows where he is, he travels so much lol" "where's Timmy? Any news?" "probably in London" "nah he's in NYC" "behold a picture of timmy with a fan in London! So cute!"

If that's your idea of gossip, by all means carry on until this thread gets shut down. Again.

by Anonymousreply 77April 20, 2018 5:41 PM

It's better than an empty fucking thread.

I agree that the 'any news?' posts are inane and pointless because people will post when there is. But other than that just let people post what they want. Or block them. It's really not that big of a deal and you're just going to cause these arguments to happen every other hour by trying to police it. The threads getting filled with these arguments is far worse than people talking about whether Timmy is back to working on his film or not.

by Anonymousreply 78April 20, 2018 5:43 PM

Muriel didn't close the Timmy threads because she suddenly disliked Timmy. She closed them because people like r72 r57 r61 were boring DLers to death. Or at least to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 79April 20, 2018 5:43 PM

[quote]I doubt Timmy is holding his breath waiting for Datalounge to discuss every time he farts

Do you really think he farts? He seems so angelic! I bet they smell like brownies baking in the oven.

by Anonymousreply 80April 20, 2018 5:44 PM

R79 If that was true then the Armie thread gossiping about a fat lot of nothing would have been closed by now.

by Anonymousreply 81April 20, 2018 5:45 PM

A dormant thread is the natural thing to happen unless there's something interesting or funny to say. Do you even read any other DL threads about celebrities or movies R78? Many of them last for years until they're full.

by Anonymousreply 82April 20, 2018 5:45 PM

R82 And that has never been the case with these threads, nor should it be. Timmy is basically the IT celebrity of the moment and people are interested and people will discuss.

There's nothing else to say. I'll continue to post what I like.

by Anonymousreply 83April 20, 2018 5:47 PM

Hi! Op here...I linked that ig account because the person running wants to stay true to facts. They are a reliable source for Tim’s whereabouts. All we ask is to stop posting one liners asking about his current location when you can easily get that there. Just this. It will be already a big accomplishment if there’s little replies like that. No one wants to police the discussion, but if you read the previous thread, those 200 comments were only one liners asking for location, giving the location, changing the location and so on. That’s why less stalking, more talking.

by Anonymousreply 84April 20, 2018 5:48 PM

R83: I am a ninny. I have always been a ninny. I shall continue in my ninnyhood unto the death.

by Anonymousreply 85April 20, 2018 5:48 PM

Then open a thread about Timmy and get your knickers wet there dissecting the most boring facts about his life R83

by Anonymousreply 86April 20, 2018 5:49 PM

R84 That IG account is run by an insane fan that occasionally has reliable info and occasionally doesn't. And Timmy's agent will likely stop responding to him soon if he hasn't already.

Twitter updates are just as reliable at this point.

R86 No you can open an empty thread to discuss his work and I'll continue to use this one as these threads have always been used.

by Anonymousreply 87April 20, 2018 5:50 PM

It’s quality over quantity. Go back and read the original Armie threads (parts 1 and 2). They were witty. They were bitchy. They were hilarious. This thread is none of those things. People are a lot more willing to put up with constant posting if the discourse is actually worth it.

by Anonymousreply 88April 20, 2018 5:52 PM

R84 OP are you italian? are u on the reddit page as well?

by Anonymousreply 89April 20, 2018 5:53 PM

Ok, then you can use whatever SM you want to know about his whereabouts, but I find it pointless to always ask about his location.R87

by Anonymousreply 90April 20, 2018 5:53 PM

Ignoring the police now.

Anyway, I'll solve the mystery for all of you. Unless he flew to London between yesterday and today, he's in New York.

He was spotted three different times times and Will posted a photo that was a person in darkness on a NYC balcony but was clearly Timmy (you could see the outline of his bb cap and his hair).

by Anonymousreply 91April 20, 2018 5:54 PM

R91 Thank you. You couldn't have said it earlier? Just kidding...It would have saved all the trouble of the poster who wanted to know where he is.

by Anonymousreply 92April 20, 2018 5:56 PM

I just love the fact that someone made a thread just because they're hoping Armie will start banging Dakota Johnson and get divorced. If people have a thread for literal fanfiction they want to see in real life then, personally, I think a couple dumb post about Tim's whereabouts are okay.

by Anonymousreply 93April 20, 2018 5:56 PM

R87 no, these threads haven't always been like this, THIS is what's left fter a bunch of insane fangirls have taken over. The CMBYN threads dealt primarily with the book/movie and then, very occasionally, the actors, director and Mr. Ivory. Gossip threads, like Armie's used to be, are bitchy and hilarious and very DL.

by Anonymousreply 94April 20, 2018 5:57 PM

R93 As I said in the first post, there's nothing if there are 2/3 posts about it, but not more than half of the thread. It's just as I see it, there's a poster who constantly wants to talk about it..it's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 95April 20, 2018 5:59 PM

R93 Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 96April 20, 2018 5:59 PM

*nothing wrong

by Anonymousreply 97April 20, 2018 5:59 PM

R95 OP è andato tutto a puttane un'altra volta....

by Anonymousreply 98April 20, 2018 6:02 PM

R98 Farò tutto quello che posso per farsi che questo thread non muoia haha Anyway, here's the Tim exclusively gossip thread...if you want to talk more about him ( more than what we can handle on this thread) you can go here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 20, 2018 6:13 PM

Having three threads at once is going to be far more irritating to Muriel than a few people discussing Timmy's location, I can assure you.

by Anonymousreply 100April 20, 2018 6:15 PM

R100 I agree

by Anonymousreply 101April 20, 2018 6:17 PM

Then, let that thread sleep and don't fill it. Wait. Can't people just wait?

by Anonymousreply 102April 20, 2018 6:17 PM

Just leave it now. Unless we get a few more tweets with London sightings then he's in New York.

It's perfectly reasonable to point this out considering people have been confused with his location lately and where he is supposed to be.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 103April 20, 2018 6:19 PM

r79

No, it was mainly because of a mentally il troll who was deliberately trying to shut them down.

by Anonymousreply 104April 20, 2018 6:26 PM

R103 You saved the day!!

by Anonymousreply 105April 20, 2018 6:30 PM

Yeah, it was the God's Own Country Troll who was irate that it did not receive the worldwide acclaim or laurels that CMBYN did. He was intent on shutting down the Timmy and Armie threads with spam and was unfortunately successful.

by Anonymousreply 106April 20, 2018 6:31 PM

The Armance thread wasn't deleted.....it's the single users that got banned and the troll had nothing to do with it, but it was FANGIRLS filling the thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 20, 2018 6:35 PM

I seem to recall many a Armie threads being filled up with junk by the GOC troll, saying things like "watch the true GAY (not queer) masterpiece, or the like, which required the start of new threads. That's what caught Muriel's attention. The multiple threads.

by Anonymousreply 108April 20, 2018 6:38 PM

If a fangirl/fanboy gets banned then that's their problem. As has been noted, the thread itself wasn't closed.

Trying to police people will do nothing except cause the threads to be filled with arguments.

by Anonymousreply 109April 20, 2018 6:42 PM

Ok, but just try to be reasonable with the posting in the Hal thread. If you guys really want to have a place where to gossip more about Tim, you need to learn how to moderate your posts otherwise the thread will get banned and you'll come back here and stir the pot. It's okay to posts few dumb replies about where he is here too, but not monopolising the all discussion. Now that you know, end of story.

by Anonymousreply 110April 20, 2018 6:48 PM

The Hal thread wont be used. The last thing we need is more separate threads. There should only be one in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 111April 20, 2018 6:49 PM

Yeah, r111. Why did someone start yet another thread?

by Anonymousreply 112April 20, 2018 6:50 PM

Ok, even better for me since I was the one who opened it..maybe I won't get banned and see the light lol

by Anonymousreply 113April 20, 2018 6:50 PM

For those complaining about being policed, why not just use the reddit thread that was opened when the ones here started getting shut down? Wouldn’t that solve the problem on both ends?

by Anonymousreply 114April 20, 2018 6:50 PM

[QUOTE]It's better than an empty fucking thread.

And there's the whole problem summed up. You're basically admitting to posting random shit just to fill up the thread, rather than posting anything interesting or worthy of discussion. It's just such fangirl culture that you feel a need to artificially inflate posting numbers that way. Why? Just wait until there's something interesting about him to talk about.

And no, some twat on Twitter seeing someone who kinda looks like him does not count as even remotely interesting.

[QUOTE]Timmy is basically the IT celebrity of the moment

He really isn't. People seem to vastly overestimate his popularity.

by Anonymousreply 115April 20, 2018 6:51 PM

[quote]why not just use the reddit thread

Because reddit sucks.

by Anonymousreply 116April 20, 2018 6:52 PM

R114 Because apparently it makes more sense to have 8 different threads for tiny different aspects of Armie/Timmy rather than just discuss everything in one thread.

R115 Perhaps other people find certain things interesting that you don't.

I'd love to know who you think is if not him.

by Anonymousreply 117April 20, 2018 6:52 PM

R112 I opened it because I was so fed up with all the talking about this actor location. I thought that if there was another thread for the other party, there won't be so much complaining..sigh. The basic rule has always been to stick to one thread and discuss both actors and so on. Just follow this one simple rule. Ok to some dumb posts, but not half of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 118April 20, 2018 6:55 PM

It was like 3 posts but now the majority of this thread has been taken over by an argument.

by Anonymousreply 119April 20, 2018 6:56 PM

Let's end it. The next reply should better be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 120April 20, 2018 6:57 PM

Who is this madman who wants to own the topic and forbid to gossip about Timothée? Does this madman know he's on a gossip site? The madman who has to be banished from here. Go take your medication. We want to know about Timmy's life, yes.

by Anonymousreply 121April 20, 2018 7:08 PM

A couple of idiots find their stalking and their childish dissection of a guy's whereabouts fascinating and juicy.

by Anonymousreply 122April 20, 2018 7:12 PM

R121 the owner of this place....who banned them all last time?

by Anonymousreply 123April 20, 2018 7:13 PM

Shut the fuck up everyone.

by Anonymousreply 124April 20, 2018 7:14 PM

R115 isn't Timmy the youngest Best Actor nominee in 80 years? He seems to be the It Boy at the moment, however long that lasts.

by Anonymousreply 125April 20, 2018 7:21 PM

I think it gets a decent oscar campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 21, 2018 1:57 AM

^ Timmy in drag?

by Anonymousreply 127April 21, 2018 3:31 AM

R126 So in the end they went for a Nov release...nice! Then, that means Mary, Queen of Scots will be out in December.

by Anonymousreply 128April 21, 2018 4:39 AM

R128 yes it's confirmed MQoS will be pushed in for a december rel. as a matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 129April 21, 2018 7:25 AM

R129 Good, I really hoped that. Now, if Felicity is a contender in the leading category, Armie has a good shot at being nominated, especially after he was snubbed for CMBYN. The supporting category for this year, as I see it, is not so competitive...Grand, Chandler,James.

by Anonymousreply 130April 21, 2018 7:51 AM

Yeah let's wait and see if Armie can keep his mouth shut on the campaign trail before we get too excited.

by Anonymousreply 131April 21, 2018 8:08 AM

I still think he would've been nominated if he didn't piss off the Afflecks.

by Anonymousreply 132April 21, 2018 8:51 AM

Or just stfu in general. HW likes to re-tell the american dream kinda stories through its actors and when you are born in privilege like him or you're the son of someone famous for example, you are expected to be very talented to justify your presence (I'm only talking about serious actors) and I don't think he did a good job creating an image for himself. He's a very vague presence and only recently he started to take a more interesting direction. But I still think he doesn't sell at best his image.

by Anonymousreply 133April 21, 2018 9:49 AM

R133 You know, I thought about this....I like him as an actor and maybe if he has some "awakening phase" he can do even better. But I don't think he can do much with his public image...I mean he's funny and oversharing things, that's what most people like about him,imo. If he changes that, he will become like the other male celebrities...

by Anonymousreply 134April 21, 2018 10:31 AM

R134 My point is another....everybody is funny and shares things,but they also have a strong trait that defines them and make them recognizable. Nobody is like Joaquin Phoenix for example,but A's personality outside movies is too safe and predictable. If you don't have a strong personality at least hide yourself and let people wonder....he also justifies too much his box office "failures"(which is unfair to even think he's to blame),and ppl know it's a weak point that's why Buzzfeed did that article...and he couldn't counter attack....that was a bad move,he should have owned it and told them off.

He does't come off as someone who is fighting and wanting to be there no matter what and suffering for his art,but as someone who patiently waits for a good role and "finger crossed" no big deal. I'm not talking about him the man,but his public image as a professional actor. Something is missing big time.

by Anonymousreply 135April 21, 2018 11:12 AM

R135 ok, now I see what you mean...well, what I can add is that, based solely on his public image, he's never given me the impression of someone so desperate to make it in the first place...he's always been there just waiting for a role as you said...now, after CMBYN, he's trying to do it a little bit more like baby steps, but he needs to appear more confident, more dominant in his choices, and not rise to every challenge.....the hiding thing I don't think it can work with him ( as does for other actors who go MIA after they finish their job promoting the movies) because his wife instagrams everything so you always know where he is and what he's doing. So being "mysterious" out of his movies I see it hard for him.

by Anonymousreply 136April 21, 2018 11:49 AM

Oh, God! The Brits are making yet ANOTHER movie about Tudors? How many films have they made about this bitch, already?

by Anonymousreply 137April 21, 2018 4:15 PM

Also, we could see a comeback of Saoirse, Margot, Chalamet as far as nominations go...

by Anonymousreply 138April 21, 2018 4:19 PM

It's a close run thing as to which is more tedious, the "following TC's every twitch" posters or the "you vill follow my rules" controlling threadenfurhuers. I do think the TC/AH/ CMBYN threads seem to be judged against higher standards: there are umpteen undisturbed threads filled with every sort of old bollox under the sun.

by Anonymousreply 139April 22, 2018 2:58 PM

Answer us this, r139: what made Muriel delete the Timotay threads in the first place? There's your problem.

by Anonymousreply 140April 22, 2018 3:00 PM

R139 The only rule that should be followed with this thread is "quality over quantity". It wouldn't have been necessary to even write that first poster if Muriel hadn't banned those users...with these kind of threads is every easy to reach Prancing Ponies territory and we don't want that to happen ever again.

by Anonymousreply 141April 22, 2018 3:02 PM

R139 oh poor you...most TC/AH/ CMBYN were closed and people got banned in mass....so if you don't know this by now you haven't been around enough to feel this situation here is SO tedious.

by Anonymousreply 142April 22, 2018 3:33 PM

I do know R142. It doesn't change my views. And it's en masse. Unless there's a Catholic Church element I don't know about.

by Anonymousreply 143April 22, 2018 4:29 PM

I banned mass, and other catholicisms, in fifth grade.

by Anonymousreply 144April 22, 2018 4:40 PM

R143 your views are tedious. Forgive me for that horrible mistake how dare I thinking there was an english equivalent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 22, 2018 4:46 PM

I wonder if anyone was ever banned in mass for homosexual acts. Probably. Though not priests.

by Anonymousreply 146April 22, 2018 4:47 PM

r140

A deranged troll who now seems to be thankfully gone.

by Anonymousreply 147April 22, 2018 4:53 PM

r147

Oh, the GOC troll, right?

by Anonymousreply 148April 22, 2018 4:55 PM

Yes, r148.

by Anonymousreply 149April 22, 2018 4:58 PM

There were 4 fangirls who are probably back See here Also, nobody says that you can't gossip etc...but when there's something to talk about and not over-posting. Is there something to talk about now? Did something happen? No.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 22, 2018 4:59 PM

Off topic, but what do you reckon the odds are that we’d see TC in a film by the Safdie brothers? I loved Good Time and I was holding out hope that seeing him in Josh Safdie’s ig story would somehow materialise in a role, but it seems like their next film is starring Adam Sandler and will probably be released in 2019, so it’s unlikely that TC will be in it, but still...

by Anonymousreply 151April 22, 2018 5:06 PM

R151 I'm really exited for their next movie. When Sandler is in serious roles he freaks me out so he's very effective and yet I can't stand him. Anyway personal distaste aside I can totally see him in their movie.No clue about Tim,but I'd like to see him in a real fucked up role.

by Anonymousreply 152April 22, 2018 5:15 PM

I hope he doesn't work with the Safdies and honestly I hope he stays away IRL too. Josh was the one to introduce him to Abel.

by Anonymousreply 153April 22, 2018 5:28 PM

R153 How does Josh know Abel? The Safdies make great films and Timothee has mentioned them before. They’re going to be very big in the indie scene, and I think that working with them will be good for him. Sidenote, I don’t really keep up with The Weeknd or his antics so is there any particular reason as to why people believe he’s a “bad influence”? Or is it just the drug use?

by Anonymousreply 154April 22, 2018 5:53 PM

They directed his music video.

Josh Safdie said all lives matter on the Indie Spirits red carpet. He's an idiot that's gonna get himself in trouble one day.

The Weeknd is a notorious douchebag as well as a drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 155April 22, 2018 5:55 PM

I don't know much about the Safdie brothers so can't judge them, but I really liked Heaven Knows What..really a good movie about heroin addiction. I think people consider TW a "bad influence" especially because of his drug use and his douchebag attitude.

by Anonymousreply 156April 22, 2018 5:55 PM

R155 Didn’t know about the all lives matter thing... That’s disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 157April 22, 2018 6:02 PM

Couldn't care less, I like their stuff I'll will watch. If you have to avoid all problematic people in HW or drug addicts nobody would work anymore and no movie will ever be made nor distributed. I'm not disappointed as I don't care about any of these people as long as they provide me good entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 158April 22, 2018 6:21 PM

Okay. I didn't enjoy Good Time anyway so for me there's no benefit to Timmy working with them.

by Anonymousreply 159April 22, 2018 6:32 PM

So if it was TC instead of Robert Pattinson, would he have jerked the dog off?

by Anonymousreply 160April 22, 2018 6:45 PM

Haha don't think so...Anyway, I'm curious to know who the other members of cast will be..now that Rob is not longer attached.

by Anonymousreply 161April 22, 2018 6:57 PM

Ha, TC's Coachella crowd is getting worse even in retrospect - Shania Twain has now said she would've voted for Trump. Was he socialising with even one decent person that weekend?

by Anonymousreply 162April 22, 2018 7:13 PM

R162 I'm sure she's such an influential presence in his life now that his next cap will be a MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 163April 22, 2018 7:18 PM

Personally, I don't want to judge him too hard for that..he was invited, he went, he left... now, talking about the crowd he was with...that would require to have its own thread lol To sum it up, it all depends whether or not he will hang out with them or not in the future...you can't speculate much more about that.

by Anonymousreply 164April 22, 2018 7:27 PM

More retardation.

by Anonymousreply 165April 22, 2018 7:44 PM

Pedo thread.

by Anonymousreply 166April 22, 2018 8:03 PM

[quote]R20=Erna

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 167April 22, 2018 8:04 PM

Just the place for you then R166.

by Anonymousreply 168April 22, 2018 8:48 PM

r164 Agree. He was invited, he went to the parties and met a bunch of randos. Did he even speak with Shania? Or Niki Minaj for that matter? If he starts hanging out regularly with gross people then we can judge him. So far, he's friends with the Weekend- who is a douche and has a drug problem - and that's it. And yeah, he's probably not the kind of person an overprotective fan would want to see Tim with, but then again, douches with drug problems can be found everywhere in showbiz, whether it's NY or LA. The difference is how obvious their are about their issues.

by Anonymousreply 169April 22, 2018 8:58 PM

At least he's not hanging around with r169.

by Anonymousreply 170April 22, 2018 8:59 PM

[quote]R168

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 171April 22, 2018 11:37 PM

Is Timothée in NY or London for the movie?

by Anonymousreply 172April 23, 2018 12:55 AM

Well...hasn't dear little r172 come to the right place.

by Anonymousreply 173April 23, 2018 1:14 AM

Shove a GPS device up his ass, why don't you R172

by Anonymousreply 174April 23, 2018 1:32 AM

Because he really owes that to you, R172, letting you know where he is at every single moment of his life. They both do.

by Anonymousreply 175April 23, 2018 1:35 AM

Sorry for the psycho responses R172

Pretty sure he's in London right now.

by Anonymousreply 176April 23, 2018 2:17 AM

R176 was "the psycho response."

by Anonymousreply 177April 23, 2018 2:18 AM

Cute R177

by Anonymousreply 178April 23, 2018 2:19 AM

I meant it, r178. What is this crawling-up-people's-asses thing lately?

by Anonymousreply 179April 23, 2018 2:20 AM

Sigh. It's just not that big of a deal to ask whether someone is working on a film or not as we speak. Hardly calls for attacks. If people don't want to discuss it they can ignore and let someone else answer.

That's all I'm going to say because I'm sick of debating whether we should be allowed to discuss his location or not. I will discuss it and others can join in if they want.

by Anonymousreply 180April 23, 2018 2:22 AM

He's in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 181April 23, 2018 3:55 AM

The photo of him in Paris is old, from Paris Fashion Week in January.

by Anonymousreply 182April 23, 2018 4:01 AM

So did anyone watch the Final Portrait? Thoughts? Is it really bad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 23, 2018 5:32 AM

I saw it back when it leaked online, R183. It's not embarrassingly bad, I just didn't find it involving at all. I guess if one already has an interest in the artist Alberto Giacometti, then it could work for you. But as someone who doesn't, nothing in the film sparked my interest or made me want to go find out more, which is the mark of any good film about a creative figure.

The San Antonio Current's review is pretty negative, but it's not totally wrong - James Lord is an interesting person on his own but the script really doesn't give Armie much of anything to work with. He looks good in his period clothes but little is asked of him. The connection between the artist and his model - what there is of one - wasn't compelling in the least to me. Obviously, the mileage of others may vary.

by Anonymousreply 184April 23, 2018 6:36 AM

R184 Thanks! I was curious about this one...maybe I'll give it a try either way.

by Anonymousreply 185April 23, 2018 6:59 AM

Most reviews are good, The San Antonio one tried way too hard to be snarky when the movies flaws are evident to everybody. The problem is Tucci's not much the actors. Armie did a good job with the material he was given which reflects what his real life character was like,same with Giacometti. They did an incredible job recreating the original studio and the the mood in which G used to create his works but that requires as the poster above said a specific interest for this artist. I didn't know that side of his personality but knew about his art so for me it was very interesting.

I find it hypocritical to compare it to movies like Basquiat especially because when it came out it was met with scorn and was not appreciated at all...too artsy and over the top especially Bowie as Andy W.....but yeah ppl have really short memories.

The biggest problem of the movie was far too many repetitions, It should of got to the point in 30 minute less and Armie should of had a better character dev. but overall I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 186April 23, 2018 7:06 AM

So I guess in US didn't do well, but in Europe ( where it premiered earlier) I think it did better overall.

by Anonymousreply 187April 23, 2018 7:11 AM

R187 it's a vanity project from Tucci, it did what it had to do. He showed it to his inner circle of a-list friends and then they were done.

by Anonymousreply 188April 23, 2018 7:18 AM

This question goes to the madman who does not want to know where Timmy is: R174 R175 Where is Timmy now?

by Anonymousreply 189April 23, 2018 3:48 PM

R189 I'm not the madman, but I can answer you that: there are good chances he's in London.

by Anonymousreply 190April 23, 2018 3:51 PM

Now, has anyone read the script of HSN? I know it was linked before, but can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 191April 23, 2018 3:52 PM

So - if Tim is nominated for Beautiful Boy (theoretically) and Armie is nominated for the RBG biopic - they would be competing in the same category, no? Fangirl Oscars Bloodbath.

by Anonymousreply 192April 23, 2018 4:02 PM

You have a point there, but don't think the fangirls would go too crazy...I mean, what for? Usually they ship them together not apart. Anyway, predicting all that is far too early..there could be new additions to the supporting category and Armie could be snubbed ( please, no) again or even Timmy...who knows?

by Anonymousreply 193April 23, 2018 4:07 PM

Armie has very little chances to be nominated so don't get your hopes high. Maybe he will be taken into consideration for some awards but I don't think, considering the competition, he will get a not for GG or Oscars

by Anonymousreply 194April 23, 2018 4:31 PM

Well, I could say about Timmy too..He can't carry the whole movie, so maybe he will get nominated for some awards, not all ( so don't expect another CMBYN) and for the Oscar..still a mystery...If he gets a nod that's good, but again not winning.

by Anonymousreply 195April 23, 2018 4:37 PM

R195 no Tim has a lot of chances,the movie might be weaker than his solo performance but he's within the top 5 of every early poll and critics also mentions him unlike Armie,not to say Armie's won't have a solid role but there are far more interesting ones and there are only 5 places.

by Anonymousreply 196April 23, 2018 4:46 PM

R196 Oh well, I'd happy if he could get another nod...do you know what the other contenders could be ( according to the polls) and I know it's too early for that...but, just out of curiosity. Also how does the supporting category work for young actors? I mean, in the BA one, the Academy always rewards the veteran ( most of the time with some exceptions), what about the BSA? Are they more flexible? Just for personal information.

by Anonymousreply 197April 23, 2018 4:53 PM

R197 check the awards watch forum and webpage and the # on twitter with critics adding their guesses. I mean even the role itself is more interesting...drug addict/father-son relationship vs supporting good husband; no matter how good a performance it's not over the top like HW likes.

by Anonymousreply 198April 23, 2018 6:01 PM

How can you make predictions for awards? It's fun to read how "Tim and Armie will be competing in the same category"... Seriously, it's just April. A lot of good films (and roles) are yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 199April 23, 2018 6:26 PM

R198 Yeah, I checked those ones...but, I still think they are divided on who the 5 actors would be in the BSA category. If I look only at the poll on AW forum Timmy is winning but by a few points...overall they're still unsure of the outcome of this category...Also, Daniel could make a comeback. Anyway, the ones who are more "popular" right now are Chalamet,Grant,Carell, James and Chandler...if anyone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 200April 23, 2018 6:34 PM

The point is between the 2 it's fair to assume Tim has more chances than Armie even if both won't make it at the end.

R199 A prediction is what it is...a guess based on little info available,of course it's not final and can be completely wrong....or pretty accurate depends...it's kinda fun?

by Anonymousreply 201April 23, 2018 7:12 PM

Yeah, putting it that way you’re right...Anyway it’s gonna be interesting to see Armie and Felicity doing promo. Btw, would you like to enlighten me on the BSA category? I guess it’s easier for young actors ( and I don’t mean specifically Timmy, just in general) to win in that category than in the BA one.

by Anonymousreply 202April 23, 2018 7:19 PM

Also, I’m intrigued by Boy erased with Lucas Hedges too. He and Timmy have many similarities career wise ( both have Oscar nominated movies, Lucas already has a BSA nod, a possible back to back nomination etc.) If he gets nominated for BA I guess he will defeat Tim’s record ( they are one year apart, no?).

by Anonymousreply 203April 24, 2018 6:16 AM

Also, I’m intrigued by Boy erased with Lucas Hedges too. He and Timmy have many similarities career wise ( both have Oscar nominated movies, Lucas already has a BSA nod, a possible back to back nomination etc.) If he gets nominated for BA I guess he will defeat Tim’s record ( they are one year apart, no?).

by Anonymousreply 204April 24, 2018 6:17 AM

I'll watch both BB and BE I'm sure they will be great movies,but I'm honestly tired of this kind of roles...the drug addict,the poor persecuted gay kid who suffers....because I've seen already so many, some of which are cult movies with such iconic interpretations that I don't see how they can add anything that revolutionary to the discussion. I personally prefer more challenging stories and original material. I also don't dig such blatant calculated oscar-bait projects.

by Anonymousreply 205April 24, 2018 7:01 AM

No, Lucas wouldn't beat his record.

Timmy was 22 years and 27 days old when he got his nomination. Lucas would be 22 years and 41 days old.

by Anonymousreply 206April 24, 2018 7:11 AM

R206 that's very specific haha. Ok, so he would be the 4th youngest nominee I guess. Also, sorry for the double post, shitty connection.

by Anonymousreply 207April 24, 2018 7:28 AM

R207 Haha well I got the information about Timmy from this page and then they just released the information of when nominations will be announced so I used one of those age calculators to work it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 24, 2018 7:33 AM

The Academy is not fond of young actors so I´m not sure they´ll be willing to nominate another 22 year old kid for BA so soon after Chalamet... but I´d like to see both of them nominated again this year, I´m all for future rivalities although I know they´re friendly IRL. Regarding the roles they get, they have a problem: their ages.

by Anonymousreply 209April 24, 2018 7:34 AM

You're right, but they already gave a nod to Lucas when he was 20 year olds ( even though it was in the supporting category). If he delivers, I'm sure they can't overlook that.

by Anonymousreply 210April 24, 2018 7:44 AM

FWIW actors rarely get nominated for films with September releases and people have read the script and said it's bad.

But we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 211April 24, 2018 7:46 AM

It's easier for young actors to be nominated for a supporting role,children were often nominated,and it's also less difficult to win compared to Leading role standards. For male actors even less chances. Also they rarely only take into consideration only the movie itself but review the entire career and future career prospects to pimp it. That's why many actors win for roles that are not as deserving as previous ones but either they're due or have a series of important movies lined up and a notorious win will bring prestige.

by Anonymousreply 212April 24, 2018 8:30 AM

R212 Ok, but it's still not a lock regarding the Supporting category for young actors...Dunno, but as I saw it, in that category even if some younger actors (like in their mid 20s) had been nominated, the Academy would always reward the "older" ones ( like early 30s).

by Anonymousreply 213April 24, 2018 8:47 AM

R213 errr yeah I know I was speaking in general terms Leading roles vs Supporting roles' chances at being nominated for younger actors not talking about Tim or Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 214April 24, 2018 10:12 AM

Lucas is a very good young actor, and almost certainly gay lol. I haven't seen Boy Erased yet but I hope he gets keeps getting all the recognition he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 215April 24, 2018 12:56 PM

R206 Excuse me! I still hold the record -- 87 years and counting!

by Anonymousreply 216April 24, 2018 2:17 PM

R216 Well I meant the record for 3rd youngest haha.

by Anonymousreply 217April 24, 2018 2:23 PM

I don't mean to hate on the wife but it can't possibly be comfortable for the director and the team to have the wife and kids of one of the actors right there on set while they work. Seems to be a pattern now, she was there during CMBYN and she's there now. Whether it's because she's afraid he's gonna cheat or because she wants attention and to feel like she's part of the project, I doubt many directors are interested in hiring an actor that comes with a whole family package that follows him to the actual set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 24, 2018 11:56 PM

I really want Armie to do a David O Russell film now and hope we get a video of Elizabeth getting the Lily Tomlin treatment.

by Anonymousreply 219April 24, 2018 11:59 PM

What's the Lily Tomlin treatment?

by Anonymousreply 220April 25, 2018 12:12 AM

R218 I'm sure something has been said if it was a problem. I doubt Armie would continue to do something if he were asked to stop it. That's why I don't think it's as big a deal as we're making it out to be here.

by Anonymousreply 221April 25, 2018 12:15 AM

For R220

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 25, 2018 12:24 AM

R218 There's a whole thread to discuss that but it's already been established that Armie wants her there as much as she wants to be there.

by Anonymousreply 223April 25, 2018 2:53 AM

"I respect you as much as I respect Timmy. But I'm just confused, may I know why did you Block me? I am not going to take this against Timmy coz he is out of this. But I just want to know the reason why you Blocked me.

I Respect your Decision. I'm not mad. It's your own IG account. I'm just sad and disappointed coz I know I didn't do anything or said anything that may have offended you. If tagging you on my caption/template, annoys you, then I'm sorry. I just don't really Understand why would you Block me when all that I do is to Support and Love your brother and give Updates as a Fan account."

This is what happens when fanboys/girls have no common sense....and he doesn't even get it..."I support/stalk your brother!!1why can't I tag you 300 times a day??!1!Ungrateful!1!!!

Oh dear...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 25, 2018 1:39 PM

Brian chose to wrong fan account to give updates to.

by Anonymousreply 225April 25, 2018 1:40 PM

Personally, I think she just wanted to be left alone without all the tagging. He's a fan, a very dedicated one, but he can cross some lines there. Anyway, my 2 cents: could it be that Brian chose to give updates about TC to that particular fan account because Liz follows them too? Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 226April 25, 2018 1:45 PM

As in Elizabeth? My IG says she doesn't follow it.

by Anonymousreply 227April 25, 2018 1:46 PM

R227 yeah, I thought she was following them too. Edit: just checked, she liked some of their pictures. But I guess, my point still stands haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 25, 2018 1:52 PM

The Eyes of Tim O'Tay: green, hazel, gray?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 25, 2018 1:52 PM

God knows how many times she de-tag from that shit lol. He's harmless but the moment she had to put a stop to the madness he went off...he deleted all the comments because they were offensive to him and her as well...I mean calm the fuck down. The first time Tim won't stop for a photo or doesn't sign some shit stans will lose their shit big time.

by Anonymousreply 230April 25, 2018 1:54 PM

I think he gave that account updates because they were the only ones with the nerve to message him asking for updates.

by Anonymousreply 231April 25, 2018 1:55 PM

Anyway, I think this is a little bit off topic, but has anyone of you seen Pauline's work? I know she's an actress too, but as far as I can tell she has more the directing/producing pull?

by Anonymousreply 232April 25, 2018 2:15 PM

CinemaCon is underway and footage of BOY ERASED was well-received. Lucas Hedges could be a potential contender against Timothee during awards season.

Footage from ON THE BASIS OF SEX was also shown. Response varies. Some say it's stirring; one said it looks like a TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 233April 25, 2018 9:03 PM

R233 Thank you. So Lucas could get into the Leading category after all. Also, I read that there will be some reshoots about Boy Erased.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 25, 2018 9:08 PM

How can ppl even consider Black Panther as a best picture contender is beyond me....it's the oscars not MTV movie awards.

by Anonymousreply 235April 25, 2018 9:24 PM

Two superhero movies got nominations last year and tbh The Shape of Water is not that far from being something like that. Big, well directed, aesthetically pleasing fantasy movies. I doubt Black Panther really gets the best picture nomination (it will get nominated for somehing, for sure) but I won't be surprised if it does.

by Anonymousreply 236April 25, 2018 9:33 PM

Kathy Bates is also getting praise for her role

"-ON THE BASIS OF SEX suffers from obvious lack of Kate McKinnon, but otherwise this Ruth Bader Ginsburg biopic has great potential, if very shaky/obvious dialogue"

#OnTheBasisOfSex looks so f'ing good. Felicity Jones embodies a young RBG to tell the story leading up to her very first case as a lawyer with zero courtroom experience.

On the Basis of Success looks ok. Better than most of its biographic like, but I’m not sure I need a narrative look at Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Still, might be worth it just for Felicity Jones’ portrayal of the Notorious RBG.

On the Basis of Sex looks moving and Jones looks GREAT..but can someone please ask Mimi to go in with the DP and fix the timing on the footage? It looks WAY too much like a TV movie at times. Takes you out of it.

by Anonymousreply 237April 25, 2018 9:39 PM

I think judging awards potential based on minutes of footage is ridiculous personally.

Anyway Timmy is in London vaping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 25, 2018 10:50 PM

Pretty much everything gets raved at CinemaCon. People are excited to get the first footage and wanna show off.

Boy Erased is still having reshoots. Doubt Lucas will be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 239April 25, 2018 11:01 PM

R238 he looks good. Still trying to grow that elusive facial hair, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 240April 25, 2018 11:10 PM

Judging by the intensity of the unibrow I think it's just laziness.

by Anonymousreply 241April 25, 2018 11:11 PM

True, the unibrow does look particularly strong.

by Anonymousreply 242April 25, 2018 11:13 PM

[QUOTE]vaping

Never mind who he hangs out with at Coachella, this right here is evidence he's a douche.

by Anonymousreply 243April 25, 2018 11:14 PM

On second look it might not be a vape pen but it probably is.

by Anonymousreply 244April 25, 2018 11:15 PM

I've seen photos of Armie vaping too. At the time, I remember having the same reaction as r243.

by Anonymousreply 245April 25, 2018 11:18 PM

He looks unkempt and sleepy quite often.

by Anonymousreply 246April 26, 2018 12:21 AM

I think the looking sleepy is due to his hooded eyelids.

by Anonymousreply 247April 26, 2018 12:23 AM

R236 what superhero movies were nominates for Best Picture last year?

by Anonymousreply 248April 26, 2018 12:35 AM

r248 Sorry I wasn't clear, not best picture but Logan (a Wolverine movie) got a best adapted screenplay nomination. I had the idea that Wonder Woman also got a nomination for something big but I was mistaken. There was definite buzz about it getting Best Picture nom though. Probably the same thing that's happening now with Black Panther.

by Anonymousreply 249April 26, 2018 12:42 AM

Black Panther can be compared to Get Out. Cultural importance with race, huge box office success, released early in the year, a genre that the Academy doesn't usually go for, very good reviews but not outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 250April 26, 2018 12:51 AM

They'll probably nominate Black Panther for Best Picture to fill the black quota. It's an all-black blockbuster that is now one of the top ten highest-grossing films of all time! They're going to have to reward it big. That's where we are now.

by Anonymousreply 251April 26, 2018 12:55 AM

We'll see. There are other options. If Beale Street Could Talk and Widows. I don't really believe in the idea of a black quota but if they do nominate a superhero film for BP then yikes. Once that can of worms has opened it can't be closed.

by Anonymousreply 252April 26, 2018 12:57 AM

R251 There are critics,yes real ones, who are placing Lupita as fav for Best actress and MBJ as best actor.....the delusion is over the top. Black Panther is important for what the movie stands for the black community but it's just another bullshit Marvel comic.

by Anonymousreply 253April 26, 2018 4:31 AM

Anyway looks like there will be Beautiful Boy and Suspiria sneak peeks showing at Cinemacon tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 26, 2018 4:44 AM

Nice. Thanks for that r254.

by Anonymousreply 255April 26, 2018 4:50 AM

[quote]CinemaCon is underway and footage of BOY ERASED was well-received. Lucas Hedges could be a potential contender against Timothee during awards season.

Theyre in completely different categories (if they get nominated): Hedges is Lead, Timo is Supporting.

The word on Boy Erased is not great. Test screenings a week or so back (with mixed reviews on Letterboxd) and now reshoots. Not uncommon, but not a great sign either.

by Anonymousreply 256April 26, 2018 4:55 AM

R256 yeah I had the same impression just looking at the feed from yesterday.....a lot of buzz but probably the expectations were too high and I see mixed reactions. I was surprised,I thought it was a certain contender from how it was presented.

by Anonymousreply 257April 26, 2018 5:00 AM

[quote]Theyre in completely different categories (if they get nominated): Hedges is Lead, Timo is Supporting.

It's not uncommon for actors to put themselves in lesser categories in order to increase their odds like Viola Davis who was definitely a lead in FENCES, putting herself in Supporting to get out of the way of Emma Stone, Natalie Portman and M. Or the TWC positioning CAROL co-leads Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara in Best Actress and Best Supporting versus making them compete against each other.

by Anonymousreply 258April 26, 2018 5:04 AM

I don't think there's anything resembling a co-lead in Boy Erased though.

by Anonymousreply 259April 26, 2018 5:07 AM

There’s not; Crowe, Kidman, and Edgerton are all supporting. And attempting category fraud can backfire.

by Anonymousreply 260April 26, 2018 5:19 AM

Besides supporting actor seems like it could well be more competitive than leading this year.

by Anonymousreply 261April 26, 2018 5:20 AM

R361 Really? Because I honestly thought that the supporting category could be weak this year...Who do you have in mind? Anyway, I agree. If Lucas gets nominated, it will be in the leading category.

by Anonymousreply 262April 26, 2018 5:54 AM

R262 Well in the leading category you've got Bale and Gosling as basically sure things and then a bunch of 'eh' 'maybe' 'could happen I suppose' as far as I can tell.

Supporting you've got Sam Rockwell, Adam Driver, Richard E. Grant, Stephan James with confirmed good/great roles, good tea on the Widows guys if that film really hits it out of the park and then Armie and Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 263April 26, 2018 5:58 AM

Steve Carell who is in two possible nom movies,Backseat (best pic) BB.....I would be surprised if he was not nom for support. Kyle Chandler often pops up as top 5 contender as well for First man which is 100% Oscar contender with Goslin as lead actor. Not to mention other surprise roles (which I'm not really familiar so I can't really comment) in other contender movies...

The Supporting spots are worse than leading,that's why I don't think Armie will get even a nom at this point..... the only feedback available about the movie doesn't mention anybody aside FJ and it's not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 264April 26, 2018 6:06 AM

R264 Second this! Because I, too, have seen the same names popping around. In the leading category maybe Cooper could get in too. Anyway, I’m exited to see Suspiria’s reactions.

by Anonymousreply 265April 26, 2018 6:14 AM

OMG! This the Timothee thread ? Ugh I keep skipping over it.

by Anonymousreply 266April 26, 2018 6:18 AM

It's supposed to be the general CMBYN thread, R266, with discussion of the actors allowed within reason.

So yeah, that means it's been made into the Timothee thread.

by Anonymousreply 267April 26, 2018 6:23 AM

Well there's very little CMBYN-related stuff to talk about and Armie has a whole separate thread so.

by Anonymousreply 268April 26, 2018 6:29 AM

R268 Armie's thread is just gossip and fun only....this one is for "serious" talk about both actors new projects or Luca Guadagnino or anybody connected to cmbyn. Right now there aren't news about cmbyn itself to speak about.

by Anonymousreply 269April 26, 2018 6:40 AM

Right and there wont be CMBYN news for a long, long time. And people are talking about Armie and Luca as well.

People need to stop complaining that people are interested in talking about Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 270April 26, 2018 6:42 AM

R270 please don't start....a conversation about TIM is not filling a thread with hundred of inane messages from fangirls and trolls freaking out.....let's stop this right now and move on with the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 271April 26, 2018 6:48 AM

And literally no one is doing that yet people can't shut up about it and stop complaining about it.

Get over it already.

by Anonymousreply 272April 26, 2018 6:49 AM

Control Queen r271, what is the approved "discussion" topic? Just so we'll all know, and can bow down in obeisance to your difficult, if not impossible, self.

by Anonymousreply 273April 26, 2018 6:51 AM

Guys, we already reached a compromise: talk about Tim/Armie/Luca etc. and mind the overposting. That’s it. Now, we have very little info...apart from that Dakota interview, where she went a bit Jlaw there hehe

by Anonymousreply 274April 26, 2018 6:52 AM

R274 sono la tipa che ha incasinato il thread l'altra volta e un tipo che non sta dicendo un cazzo peggio dell'altra.....bloccali entrambi prima che inizino con la solita manfrina...

by Anonymousreply 275April 26, 2018 6:58 AM

Btw, I just realised ( yeah I know, I always come late to the party) that Amazon didn't want to screen the Woody Allen movie at the ComicCon..I know that this movie is already doomed, but I was genuinely interested in watching it.

by Anonymousreply 276April 26, 2018 4:39 PM

Do you know when, or whether, Timmy's movie with Woody Allen will be release, r276 (or anyone)?

by Anonymousreply 277April 26, 2018 6:06 PM

No one knows whether they will release it. They are contractually obliged to release it in theaters but they may decide it's better to buy out the contract and they can certainly afford to.

They then could bin it or put it on their streaming service. Word on the street is that WA is wanting to just move on to his next film where he could get actors like Alec Baldwin, Isabelle Huppert etc. who have said they still want to work with him and who he knows wont speak out against him down the line.

by Anonymousreply 278April 26, 2018 6:09 PM

I don't think you'll ever see it in theaters,last time I heard about it they mentioned streaming in UK or for some miracle very limited theatre in some euro countries but I doubt. Besides the problems with Allen his latests movies all bombed and they lost enough money.

by Anonymousreply 279April 26, 2018 6:16 PM

I still want to see it because of Timmy. Fuck Dylan Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 280April 26, 2018 6:18 PM

You should want it not to be released for Timmy's sake to be honest. Would only bring him negative press.

by Anonymousreply 281April 26, 2018 6:22 PM

That's idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 282April 26, 2018 6:27 PM

Who the fuck are you, R281, to tell other posters what they "should want'?

by Anonymousreply 283April 26, 2018 6:28 PM

Well it's reality. Besides most of his films nowadays aren't good.

by Anonymousreply 284April 26, 2018 6:28 PM

There are not enough movies with Tim in them for me to be able to say "most of his films nowadays aren't good."

by Anonymousreply 285April 26, 2018 6:30 PM

I meant most of WA's films.

by Anonymousreply 286April 26, 2018 6:31 PM

I'm sure the very rich daughter of HW elite feels SO much better now that a 20yo nobody actor (at the time) gave up his already miserable salary. That said amazon can keep it in its catacomb for all I care. I find the whole online witch hunt to have actors, especially so young, be the scapegoats in this situation; completely insane.

by Anonymousreply 287April 26, 2018 6:35 PM

Yes the whole thing was ridiculous and a case of very bad timing as I'm sure there's no way he would have taken that role/film this year instead of last year.

However if we can look on the bright side I guess it taught him a valuable lesson early on in his career about how careful he needs to be if he wants to avoid the kind of intense backlash he was facing a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 288April 26, 2018 6:37 PM

Even if he took it now,I wouldn't have a problem because people have the right to work and not be judged by the actions of those who provide a needed income,especially if, unlike many top names actors; he had no decisional power nor was in the position to snub such an opportunity.

nobody asked the director of photography to give up his salary,producers,distributors,managers,lawyers involved...make up artists and assistants or any other person involved that movie who probably made more than him....nobody called for an Amazon boycott of course...how convenient and hypocritical!

by Anonymousreply 289April 26, 2018 7:07 PM

Well yes but regardless of your personal view my point was he wouldn't have taken it after all the scandals in Hollywood over the last few months, particularly after becoming an Oscar nominee and gaining a fanbase as he really wouldn't have needed it.

by Anonymousreply 290April 26, 2018 7:09 PM

[QUOTE] a 20yo nobody actor (at the time) gave up his already miserable salary

It was in the middle of awards season and he was being feted, he was not a nobody actor when he finally made the donation.

by Anonymousreply 291April 26, 2018 7:11 PM

He's a young actor and a millennial. As such, he's expected to be both prone to make mistake and more educated about current social issues han his older peers. It's complex to find a balance there. That's why there's more pressure for famous young people to be saints in the eyes of the public. Specially if the public is also mostly millennials.

by Anonymousreply 292April 26, 2018 7:14 PM

R292 yeah, that's why I don't buy all these new found saints.

by Anonymousreply 293April 26, 2018 7:15 PM

R290 well of course after the backlash it would be a career suicide.

R291 when he signed the contract not when he made the donation.

The millennials who went after him with a vengeance don't care about Dylan,they were just projecting on him and they felt betrayed or simply used Dylan as a pedestal to elevate themselves and feel like knights of justice. They had no clue about how complex things are nor they care as long as they leash out.

by Anonymousreply 294April 26, 2018 7:39 PM

Of course people cared, and there was nothing complex about it. Why are you making excuses for him when even he admits it was the wrong decision. And it wasn't just millennials who were angry about it. Sounds like you just want to bitch about young people.

by Anonymousreply 295April 26, 2018 7:49 PM

Well the jury is out on whether his statement of regret was genuine or done to save face. I think the point is valid that excuses don't necessarily need to be made as he didn't necessarily do anything wrong, or certainly not anything worse than the vast majority of people in the entertainment industry that have worked with known abusers to some extent or another.

And whilst I'm sure some people genuinely care, a lot of people do not and just used the story to pile on the new IT boy. There are plenty of people that have outright defended WA that did not get the same vitriol from these people.

by Anonymousreply 296April 26, 2018 7:52 PM

Well, Armie worked with some nasty people too, but he didn't have so much backlash, right?

by Anonymousreply 297April 26, 2018 8:00 PM

Are you serious? No, there definitely wasn't any backlash for Armie, no Buzzfeed articles or anything. Jesus, what world are some of you living in.

by Anonymousreply 298April 26, 2018 8:01 PM

R295 what part did you miss about "The millennials who went after him WITH A VENGEANCE"....so not everybody. Besides I have well explained my thoughts. This is not about Tim or Allen it's about a bigger look at social media pressure and how as R296 said, about the inconsistency of how people are treated and why, no matter if they are young or old nor their job titles. Btw I'm a millennial too...so I'm not bitching at "young people" unless they're like 12.

by Anonymousreply 299April 26, 2018 8:01 PM

There was no backlash against Armie for working with these people is what they're saying.

And yes Armie recently heavily praised Geoffrey Rush who has been accused and no one cared.

by Anonymousreply 300April 26, 2018 8:02 PM

R300 who is saying this?

Did Elle Fanning got as much as shit as Tim?Selena Gomez? Armie was called a rape apologist for the "grey area" comment meanwhile all those famous actors who signed a petition for RP got minimal shit or nothing at all lol.....Btw Mia Farrow is good friends with RP,she even defended him in a law suit way after the accusations but nobody says shit....so what are we talking about? Considering who she is and her campaign vs her ex p**o husband she should know better no?where is the outrage?

by Anonymousreply 301April 26, 2018 8:09 PM

Because he worked with Rush before the accusations against Rush were made public.

by Anonymousreply 302April 26, 2018 8:10 PM

R302 Yes my point was he then went onto heavily praise him during the Final Portrait promotion a few weeks ago. Literally no one said anything about it.

The point is people are hypocrites. They care when they want to care and don't care when they don't want to.

by Anonymousreply 303April 26, 2018 8:12 PM

Or people can see the difference between totally different situations.

by Anonymousreply 304April 26, 2018 8:17 PM

Well yeah in my opinion to openly praise someone both as an actor and as a person and say you trade long emails with them regularly is worse than simply to work with someone.

Moving on, Luca is in Vegas for CinemaCon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305April 26, 2018 8:19 PM

Let's hope Suspiria gets some good reviews..it would be a pity to see him snubbed.

by Anonymousreply 306April 26, 2018 8:21 PM

speaking of Suspiria (and not boycotting Amazon at all for making WA even richer lol) they made sure to post this article emphasizing the fact it's not a remake but a tribute. Hopefully ppl will get it and not give them shit for not being Suspiria V.2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307April 26, 2018 8:23 PM

Praise for Timothee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 26, 2018 8:47 PM

only praise for Suspiria so far!! Can't wait. Holy shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 26, 2018 8:49 PM

Also saying that people had to turn away from the screen because of how gross/fucked up it was so doubt it will be coming near the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 310April 26, 2018 8:56 PM

I fear this will turn out to be like mother!....Hope not because it looks intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 311April 26, 2018 8:58 PM

Any other reviews about Beautiful Boy?

by Anonymousreply 312April 26, 2018 9:02 PM

Here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 26, 2018 9:04 PM

I don't give a fuck about Woody Allen. Timmy made a movie with whomever. I want to see it. Suck my big gay dick if you disagree that I should be able to see it. No, I take that back. I don't want your Dylan Farrow-flavored mouth cooties on my big gay dick.

Just die.

by Anonymousreply 314April 26, 2018 9:06 PM

Timothee Chalamet is pretty fucking great in an extended scene from Beautiful Boy. Carell ain't bad either. #CinemaCon

Watching Steve Carell and Timothee Chalamet in this incredibly raw, emotional scene from upcoming #BeautifulBoy. Both look like they deliver such moving performances. #ImNotCryingYoureCrying

They screened a scene from BEAUTIFUL BOY. Looks very good, but also emotionally harrowing. Steve Carell is onstage (Timothy Chalamet is onscreen via Skype). Carell on Chalamet: “This guy is just the best.”

Amazon just premiered a powerful scene from 'Beautiful Boy' starring Steve Carell and Timothée Chalamet. It's about a father and son where the son is a drug addict and it's not a sugar coated version of the story. Arrives this fall in theaters. Based on true story.

Wow, just watched an incredibly emotionally-charged scene between Steve Carell and Timothee Chalamet in #BeautifulBoy, about a father and son’s journey through addiction and recovery. Carell on stage now w/ Chalamet on Skype #CinemaCon

Was shown a scene for Beautiful Boy. About a dad dealing with a son who is a drug addict. SO MOVING #Amazon #CinemaCon

We just saw a powerful scene from #BeautifulBoy with Timothee Chalamet & Steve Carrell. Looks like it’s going to be a major tearjerker. #CinemaCon – at Caesars Palace Hotel & Casino

Connectivity inside Amazon presentation is spotty, so quick rundown: -BEAUTIFUL BOY will break every father's heart, and Timothee Chalamet trounces Steve Carell off the screen -Luca Guadagnino's remake of SUSPIRIA nearly had audience throwing up. So: great success!

I just watched an emotionally charged scene from #BeautifulBoy with Timothée Chalamet & Steve Carell. This movie is going to emotionally destroy me. Also, just go ahead & give Timmy the Oscar. It’s going to be hard for anyone to top him. #CinemaCon

by Anonymousreply 315April 26, 2018 9:07 PM

[quote]Timothee Chalamet trounces Steve Carell off the screen

Timotrounce

by Anonymousreply 316April 26, 2018 9:09 PM

This sounds like it will be harder to watch than mother! to be honest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 26, 2018 9:10 PM

Thanks r315.

And ahhhhh yes! Sounds like Luca did Suspiria right! Can’t wait.

by Anonymousreply 318April 26, 2018 9:14 PM

R317 Yeah...don't know if it's a good or bad thing, though.

by Anonymousreply 319April 26, 2018 9:16 PM

With one clip, @AmazonStudios' #BeautifulBoy has become my most anticipated film of 2018. Looks devastating. Chalamet and Carell look to give heart wrenching performances. #CInemaCon

Luca Guadagnino’s Suspiria Dakota Johnson dance scene clip is bone-wrenchingly horrific. And Timothee Chalamet and Steve Cartel are Oscar-bound with Beautiful Boy.

by Anonymousreply 320April 26, 2018 9:16 PM

I still think Carell would go supporting for the other movie, though.

by Anonymousreply 321April 26, 2018 9:20 PM

The poster for Suspiria

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 26, 2018 9:24 PM

Yummy! Can't wait to see what Luca has done.

by Anonymousreply 323April 26, 2018 9:28 PM

Indiewire article about Beautiful Boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 26, 2018 9:29 PM

suspiria is trending and lmao at the twitter feed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325April 26, 2018 9:40 PM

Suspiria sounds great but I honestly can't stand Dakota. Her face reminds me of a potato and it's so distracting I can't focus on her movies. Maybe the gore will keep me focused.

by Anonymousreply 326April 27, 2018 12:10 AM

More low quality bts images. A few cute ones of Armie and Timmy play fighting, and a couple of Armie looking really hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327April 27, 2018 1:43 AM

so considering reactions are always over the top mine included....it seems like BB after all could be a better movie and BE,word is that BE didn't convince that much and all the re-shootings taking place and a September release are also not a good sign but they can amend the problems in time. Let's wait for the real reviews. BB is getting plenty of buzz and Tim's performance is strong,that's all that matters as of now.

by Anonymousreply 328April 27, 2018 6:54 AM

R328 I agree, but can Timmy carry the whole movie and be nominated solely on his performance? I think some people are way to quick to jump on this hype train without further proof... As far as I can tell every single movie is raved at CinemaCon.

by Anonymousreply 329April 27, 2018 7:51 AM

He's been looking really plain lately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 27, 2018 8:27 AM

R330 Hasn't he always been like that, though? I don't mean when he was doing the promo tour, but in his daily life...he's usually lazy with his looks. Anyway, that girl shouldn't have posted that photo in spite of him asking not to do that...

by Anonymousreply 331April 27, 2018 8:32 AM

I don't know, he looks fine in old family and friends photos whereas these days he looks like he desperately needs a shower.

by Anonymousreply 332April 27, 2018 8:36 AM

R332 Haha, yeah, second that one.

by Anonymousreply 333April 27, 2018 8:42 AM

R329 oh well who knows...but the same can be said about Lucas as well....in general both actors performances are good but BB have better feedback than BE. Maybe both movies will suck because there are plenty of movies that got crazy buzz and then end up being shit and vice versa....as of now based on info available this is what's known.

Tim looks normal...I don't see anything out of ordinary. I hope he will start to turn down taking pics if the only thing he gets in return is this kind of negativity.

by Anonymousreply 334April 27, 2018 8:56 AM

If he can handle " this kind of negativity" then he´s in the wrong business.... And someone who defines himself as a professional fan should know how this things work , anyway.

And yes, I agree. He was never good looking to begin with imo but for whatever the reasons he looks like crap lately.

by Anonymousreply 335April 27, 2018 9:04 AM

* can not * these

by Anonymousreply 336April 27, 2018 9:07 AM

R335 didn't say he can't handle....I said ppl don'r deserve shit,he politely asked them no to post them pics. That's all, no big deal,it will get worse anyway.

I think this is their everyday look,both of them dress like shit and look rough by default. So I don't see what's the deal..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 27, 2018 9:15 AM

I don't think we should digress too much on his looks because he's honestly been like that the all time ( again, not taking into account all the public events he attended). As 337 mentioned above too. The fan was disrespectful, really. She could have at least waited like...dunno 2 months after the meeting if she really wanted to post it at all costs. Timmy's not the only young actor who does that, others just want to sign something being a book or something else and not take pictures as well...it can get annoying.

by Anonymousreply 338April 27, 2018 9:19 AM

Are you seriously saying that Armie looks like crap in R337? Lmao! And Timmy looks fine there, clean and all.

by Anonymousreply 339April 27, 2018 9:25 AM

According to her she met him a week ago and he asked her not to post it as he didn't want people to know he was in London. Then that other girl met him two days ago and posted her photo (whether he asked her not to or not, who knows). After that he liked tweets about him being in London and posted about The King. Not to mention CinemaCon told their audience he was in London and would be skyping in and it has been written about in articles. So I don't see the big deal in her posting it now. Everyone knows where he is and he's no longer trying to hide it.

Anyway all he would need to do to look good from that photo is shave, pluck, take his cap off and have his hair done. He looked fine on Skype other than the fact that he'd clearly just gotten out of the shower so his hair was flat. He's clearly just being lazy after months and months of having to be groomed for events and photoshoots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 27, 2018 9:48 AM

R340 Thanks for telling the whole story because there were some things I missed lol

by Anonymousreply 341April 27, 2018 10:06 AM

R339 No I'm not. As a matter of fact we're saying the same thing...They always look like that out of the spotlight.....which for me is being dressed like shit and unkept/scruffy.....which I like best btw.

by Anonymousreply 342April 27, 2018 10:15 AM

No R342 that's why I said that Timmy looks fine in old photos but looks like crap at the moment. It's nothing to do with being well-dressed or super groomed. I just see a really unremarkable guy these days, whereas he looks okay in old family/friends pictures.

by Anonymousreply 343April 27, 2018 10:45 AM

He looks exactly the same just with facial hair and a baseball cap.

by Anonymousreply 344April 27, 2018 10:46 AM

He's always been plain then, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 345April 27, 2018 10:48 AM

Most humans look plain when they put little-to-no effort in.

by Anonymousreply 346April 27, 2018 10:50 AM

we can move on now...this conversation has reached its climax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347April 27, 2018 11:13 AM

Do we have some news about the other cast members of the King? I mean, the movie is already in pre-production and so far we only know 2 actors.

by Anonymousreply 348April 27, 2018 5:15 PM

No other news about that nor Armie's or Luca's new movies afaik that hasn't already been posted already.

by Anonymousreply 349April 27, 2018 6:43 PM

R349 Quindi, manteniamo questo thread x Timmy and Armie? Nonostante quello che altri utenti vogliono? A me sinceramente piacerebbe continuare cosi con un solo thread, e chi vuole discutere cose piu’ serie su di Armie le può discutere qui ( a libera scelta, nessuno è obbligato) nonostante ci sia anche l’altro thread con la moglie. Alla fine cosi si può accontentare tutti...senza moderare gli Armie fans sull’altro thread e dire loro di venire qua quando fanno ”discussioni” più serie. Tutto sta alla singola persona.

by Anonymousreply 350April 27, 2018 7:16 PM

Everyone can use Google translate.

by Anonymousreply 351April 27, 2018 7:18 PM

R351 So? What do you choose? What’s your opinion?

by Anonymousreply 352April 27, 2018 7:26 PM

R350 This thread was never meant to be Tim's thread or a gossip/fun like Armie's....which is basically a joke...I will continue to post here as usual the more serious news about their projects. If this thread becomes Tim's it will be closed like ALL the others as usual. Tim's fangirls have to understand that.

I don't see anything wrong so far here that we can't continue as usual....

by Anonymousreply 353April 27, 2018 7:27 PM

I see no need for a joint thread at this point.

by Anonymousreply 354April 27, 2018 7:28 PM

There are no fangirls here. They were blocked. The title is subtle. Everyone here is from the reddit thread. They know the deal.

There is literally no point in having Armie's news in two threads. He's not that important. If the thread gets closed, it gets closed. I see no reason why it wouldn't get closed if we have post about Armie but it would get closed without those posts. That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 355April 27, 2018 7:30 PM

I vote for the opposite of whatever the tit who pretentiously decided to write their post in Italian (despite all their others posts being in English) wants.

by Anonymousreply 356April 27, 2018 7:31 PM

Guys do what you want at this point...I'm not gonna talk about Armie's movies in a thread that only focus on his wife and stupid shit....I personally like things as they are now here with general news of all the ppl I have an interest for...if you guys don't like it...turn this into Tim's thread and good luck.

by Anonymousreply 357April 27, 2018 7:33 PM

People have just spent like 30 posts in that thread seriously discussing his career so it's clearly not only focused on his wife and stupid shit. The movie they are making will be done in three weeks and discussion will move on to other things related to him.

by Anonymousreply 358April 27, 2018 7:34 PM

The fangirls are no blocked anymore. The ban was already lifted. Anyway, I’ll translate what I wrote in Italian: personally, I’d like to talk about both Armie and Timmy. I don’t wanna monopolize anything, that’s not my intent, but I’d like to post some Armie news here. Armie’s fans can post wherever they want at this point, be it here or on the other thread. That’s their free choice. No one wants to police you. Yes, we are a small group of people pn reddit, but this thread can easily be closed if it’s all about Timmy ( because of fangirls, trolls, LSA girls) so let us diversify it a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 359April 27, 2018 7:39 PM

R358 yeah I was one of those discussing and it was just because the discussion started just like that it was only old movies, now it's all about his wife again like 99% of the thread and the one before. I agree with R359. If you want to turn this into Tim's thread it will be closed down,so Tim's fans lose and we also lose.

by Anonymousreply 360April 27, 2018 7:44 PM

Well if they come back they'll get banned again.

Do you not see how ridiculous it is to say 'Armie fans can post whatever they want here or on the other thread' but limit conversation about Timmy in content and only in one corner of this thread?

As I said before it makes no sense that a thread wouldn't get closed with posts about Armie but would get closed without them. The reason why it would get closed is because of inappropriate posts about Timmy, with or without the Armie posts.

I have barely any interest in Armie outside of CMBYN and don't want to wade through stuff about him or feel pressured that I'm posting too much about an actor that I am actually interested in and not enough about one I'm not. If you guys post serious stuff about Armie in that thread then others will join in.

by Anonymousreply 361April 27, 2018 7:47 PM

R361 My question is...why don't you open a Tim's thread?Only Tim? and let us talk what we want here since we were doing this to begin with? You don't open one because you know it will get closed or you will get banned.

by Anonymousreply 362April 27, 2018 7:49 PM

R362 Because no one will use it and people will just continue to use this one that more people are looking at and interacting with?

by Anonymousreply 363April 27, 2018 7:50 PM

Christ, it already is TC's thread and it hasn't been shut down, likewise for Armie's. People have chosen, both just now where the majority want one thread each for each of them, and also naturally - even before this argument started this thread be default was already the TC thread and that one was already the AH thread.

[QUOTE]You don't open one because you know it will get closed or you will get banned.

Right, they'd get banned because there already is a TC thread - this one.

by Anonymousreply 364April 27, 2018 7:50 PM

R361 I don't wanna limit conversation about Timmy ( I am nobody lol and you'd be kind of silly to take orders from a complete stranger) just to diversify it a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 365April 27, 2018 7:51 PM

R366 Just try it out. If you go to the Armie thread with news and everyone ignores you to post stuff about his wife then fine, we can reconsider. But clearly the way it is now isn't working because these arguments and debates are happening every other day.

by Anonymousreply 366April 27, 2018 7:52 PM

Let's see how this thread evolves, then.

by Anonymousreply 367April 27, 2018 7:56 PM

I will continue as usual here and let's see. I don't like to have serious discussions on the other thread because they get lost on all the silly shit.

by Anonymousreply 368April 27, 2018 7:59 PM

There was a long, long period on here where we had separate Armie and Timmy threads and everything was fine.

The only reason Muriel started to crack down in the first place was because of the troll that infiltrated all of the threads and so CMBYN fans in retaliation opened too many threads and they all got closed. The stuff with Timmy's fangirls was after all of this and was minor in comparison.

For now, let's see if we can just go back to how it used to be pre-troll.

Moving on.

by Anonymousreply 369April 27, 2018 7:59 PM

R368 I'm asking nicely for you not to post about Armie in here because I'm not interested and he's not related to Timmy any more other than being a friend. Please. You can give the other thread a chance with the serious stuff. The Armie threads used to have serious and silly stuff in and it worked fine.

by Anonymousreply 370April 27, 2018 8:00 PM

What r369 said.

by Anonymousreply 371April 27, 2018 8:02 PM

R369 I can agree in part with this. The most important thing is when you open the next thread keep it under a general name.

by Anonymousreply 372April 27, 2018 8:07 PM

R372 Yes I agree, to be honest it's best not to have the actors names anyway because they both search their names on Twitter and DL threads show up there.

by Anonymousreply 373April 27, 2018 8:08 PM

This is just for my mere curiosity. The people who are on the reddit group, would you like to post a yes or no about this "convertion"? It's purely to satisfy my curiosity because I'd really like to know.

by Anonymousreply 374April 27, 2018 8:15 PM

I've used the Reddit thing but I hate its format.

Personally I think there's no need to divide the thread. I don't use the other supposed Armie thread because it's not really about Armie but about people wanting him to fuck Dakota Johnson and I don't care about Dakota or Armie's wife for that matter or any other (mostly) imaginary drama. I enjoy coming to his thread, reading about Tim, Armie and Luca and their projects and if someone wants to post a few silly or snarky things about their personal lives that's more than welcome, but overall I feel like his thread is a tiny bit more serious and I like that.

by Anonymousreply 375April 27, 2018 8:50 PM

The whole point is that that thread will become more serious as people use it that way. Obviously it hasn't been like that yet because people haven't been asking for it to be.

Anyway, I see no harm in a trial run with this format as the current way is clearly making people frustrated.

by Anonymousreply 376April 27, 2018 8:52 PM

Or if you guys really want a place to seriously discuss Armie and not talk about his wife, start a new thread for that.

But give the Timmy fans a rest from having to read about him.

by Anonymousreply 377April 27, 2018 8:54 PM

R377 lol but that thread already exists..it's this one!

There seems to be no clear solution for everybody,and since there won't be many news coming from both for quite some time...People can ignore those few Armie's comments or put ppl on ignore. I don't see the big deal. When things will progress we'll see what to do.

by Anonymousreply 378April 27, 2018 9:02 PM

For goodness sake can you just let us have this as a Timmy thread? That's all I'm asking.

The clear solution is: open another thread if that's what you want. As you guys keep pointing out, having lots of Timmy discussion is not a good idea so opening a new thread for Timmy whilst still using this one for him too makes no sense.

FUCK you people are stubborn.

by Anonymousreply 379April 27, 2018 9:05 PM

Here I've done it for you.

A thread for serious Armie discussion. Or you can talk about it in the Mrs. Dakota Hammer thread. Cos Armie is so special he gets multiple threads for all kinds of discussions.

Now please let the rest of us not have to read about him in this thread.

Thankyou.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380April 27, 2018 9:12 PM

R379 oh ok...lol you're the usual Tim fangirl who also get pissed on the other thread because u don't understand humour....so no,piss off...get help with your problems and move on. You're basically the one annoying everyone in all threads with your tantrums. Bye.....

by Anonymousreply 381April 27, 2018 9:15 PM

No I wont piss off, multiple people have agreed with me in both threads so this is clearly something that is irritating numerous people.

And I'm not a fucking fangirl just because I don't care about Armie. You guys are the ones sounding like Armie fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 382April 27, 2018 9:16 PM

really not getting this. the two armie people are the ones that want multiple threads to discuss multiple aspects of his life. the timmy people just want one thread of their own to discuss everything and people won't let them have it? that's stupid. leave us be.

by Anonymousreply 383April 27, 2018 9:25 PM

I'm an Armie fan and agree that the Timmy fans should get this thread to themselves, and we get the other. I don't see why we can't discuss other Armie-related stuff over there despite the title.

by Anonymousreply 384April 27, 2018 10:15 PM

Glad the fan posting pic was fully expected because Timmy's Stans were about to kill the girl. He didn't want pic posted so his crazy fans wouldn't know his whereabouts but once people knew and another fan posted a pic she thought why not. Makes sense.

BTW he's been looking rough lately but they'll pretty him up come BB promo time.

by Anonymousreply 385April 28, 2018 1:19 PM

I've seen that from fangirls of other people too - they seem to hate anyone who takes a photo with their fav. Obviously it's jealousy, but they act like these people are stalkers - all whilst they maintain spreadsheets of their favs location, what they were wearing, etc, haha.

by Anonymousreply 386April 28, 2018 1:27 PM

Pedo thread.

by Anonymousreply 387April 28, 2018 1:29 PM

I suspect the rough look is his real everyday look and not just a phase of him not giving a fuck about his look... but the fuller face , too much partying and weed and not getting enough sleep aren´t helping him right now either. ... and I want more pics of him Coachella style, so I hope Londoners do their job.

by Anonymousreply 388April 28, 2018 2:26 PM

Isn’t he trying to bulk up a bit for the King role? I remember right after shooting Beautiful Boy he was trying to put on weight after getting so skinny.

by Anonymousreply 389April 28, 2018 2:33 PM

People are overreacting about him looking rough. It's literally just facial hair and lazy clothing choices. Can be fixed in 30 minutes. Still think he looked his normal self on the Skype call other than the just got out of the shower hair.

Yes he said he had to gain 25 pounds for The King and I don't think the weight looks bad on him. Nor do I think he's doing 'too much partying'. We have no proof of him doing any since Coachella.

by Anonymousreply 390April 28, 2018 2:36 PM

I agree r390. And about the weight, I actually wonder if they'll manage to make him put on the weight on time. He still looks really skinny, his face looks healthier and more rested than it did a couple of months ago but i think it's just him actually having some down time.

by Anonymousreply 391April 28, 2018 2:53 PM

Well to be honest I don't know how much of a difference 25 pounds would make on him. He said he lost 20 for Beautiful Boy but he doesn't look THAT different in the photos we have of him when he was working on that movie.

by Anonymousreply 392April 28, 2018 3:08 PM

I'm really curious to see him interact with Carell during the awards campaign. It seems they get along well. Also, will the author of the book go on the promo tour with them, too?

by Anonymousreply 393April 28, 2018 3:24 PM

Yeah it seems like he can add Carell to the list of celebrities he's managed to charm.

I listened to an awards podcast and someone from San Francisco (where the Sheff family are from) said that both father and son do a lot of public speaking about addiction etc. So I would imagine they will tag along for at least some of the promo tour and awards campaign. It's always helpful for the latter to have the real people there to boost the project.

by Anonymousreply 394April 28, 2018 3:28 PM

During CinemaCon, Carrell said just looking at Timmy's face made him smile. It was cute.

by Anonymousreply 395April 28, 2018 4:42 PM

Has anyone of you read the book? Which one is better the one written by David Scheff or Tweak by Nick? Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 396April 28, 2018 4:54 PM

Topics have been closed in the past because of the troll. Stop those bans. Annoying people. We can talk about Timmy, including his personal life. Who does not like to know about personal life, talk about what you want. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 397April 28, 2018 5:04 PM

R396 I found Beautiful Boy better written and more emotional. Tweak mostly made me frustrated but I suppose it's good to get the the two sides of the same story.

by Anonymousreply 398April 28, 2018 5:08 PM

R398 Thanks. I honestly have mixed feelings about this movie so dunno. I'll just wait for more reviews and then decide whether I'll give it a try or not.

by Anonymousreply 399April 28, 2018 6:13 PM

R399 why are you uncertain?

by Anonymousreply 400April 28, 2018 7:46 PM

Okay, Eldergays, confession time. Which one of you bitches is Dwight's lover?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401April 28, 2018 7:50 PM

R400 well, for different reasons. First of all, at CinemaCon every movie is raved, so I take all those comments with a graint of salt and wait for the reviews from critics. Secondly, the story is yes very Oscar-baity on paper, but what makes it different from all the other ones which dealt with the same topic? There's gotta be something new in the plot. Anyway, I'll just wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 402April 28, 2018 7:53 PM

R401 That's really a bitersweet letter and story....Btw, I know that this thread has now become a Timmy thread, but I want to add something about Aciman: in one of the latest interviews he gave, he made a step back about the potential sequel of the movie so I guess the deal is not so sure anymore. Le sigh.

by Anonymousreply 403April 28, 2018 7:58 PM

R403 Link?

by Anonymousreply 404April 28, 2018 8:13 PM

And I don't think anyone minds if we talk about CMBYN related stuff here (when there is stuff to talk about) as that is one of his films, as long as we're not talking about the personal life and career of someone Timmy used to work with.

by Anonymousreply 405April 28, 2018 8:20 PM

R405 Ok, I got that. When there's some news about Armie's films I'll go to the other thread and post it there and see if we can talk about it in a more serious way. No worries. R403 It was in DC on 20th and there was someone who asked about the future stage version. He said, as we all know, it was no longer his property, not saying whether or not he'd personally like to see it done, but that the producers now have the rights. At the beginning, I thought that he'd write the sequel together with Luca ( I mean, I thought it was already a set deal) and that's why I think this is not so sure anymore...This was posted on the cmbyn reddit group, if someone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 406April 28, 2018 8:43 PM

The second time he's attended this 7 hour play in the last month. I'm starting to think someone is at least being considered for the inevitable Broadway transfer..

For those that don't know:

'A generation after the height of the AIDS crisis, what is it like to be a young gay man in New York? How many words are there now for the different kinds of pain, the different kinds of love?

Stephen Daldry directs this hilarious and profound heart-breaker – a major world premiere in two parts by New York playwright Matthew Lopez.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 29, 2018 10:32 AM

R407 So he would like to make his Broadway debut with something like Angels in America as Garfield did?

by Anonymousreply 408April 29, 2018 10:39 AM

R408 This is all just speculation of course but it does seem odd that he would go back to such a long play so quickly.

Someone on the UK theatre board had this to say as well:

'That's interesting, since when I saw it, I was thinking that Chalamet would be good IN The Inheritance as and when it goes to Broadway ....'

It's also inspired by the novel Howard's End so there's a loose James Ivory connection there.

by Anonymousreply 409April 29, 2018 10:48 AM

I wouldn't sit for seven hours to see any play. But I'd go to see Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 410April 29, 2018 10:52 AM

So it will mostly be a play which tackles the gay rights, right? Tony here he comes !

by Anonymousreply 411April 29, 2018 10:57 AM

R411 I've done some reading up on it. It seems it's a play in which a younger generation of gay men confront/are confronted by an older generation of gay men that lived through the AIDS crisis and gay liberation etc. The young men come to terms with what the older generation fought for for them to live as they do. Again, it's inspired by Howard's End (which I haven't read/seen so excuse me) but all the characters are gay men other than one older female character who appears in the last 30 minutes and in this production is played by Vanessa Redgrave. The author of Howard's End (and Maurice etc.) E.M. Forster is also a character in the play. There's a moment where the young men confront him about why he wasn't brave enough to publish Maurice and so on.

Two parts, 3 and a half hours each or thereabouts.

4 and 5 star reviews and heavily rumored for a West End transfer as well as a Broadway transfer (those that have seen it say it's obvious it was written for New York audiences).

Would definitely be a good and admirable choice (3 and a half hours a piece is hard work!) for Timmy to make his Broadway debut with if the speculation turns out to be correct.

by Anonymousreply 412April 29, 2018 1:00 PM

R412 Thank you for the summary. It would be a good choice. Hopefully, he won't be typecast because so far everybody knows him as Elio ( a bisexual young man) and he will play a gay man again in Inheritance, if it comes true.

by Anonymousreply 413April 29, 2018 1:22 PM

R413 I wouldn't worry considering his next three film roles he will be playing straight and only a select amount of people would get to see him on Broadway anyway.

by Anonymousreply 414April 29, 2018 1:32 PM

I can already see the teaming, screaming fangirls waiting for a Timmy appearance at the stage door.

by Anonymousreply 415April 29, 2018 2:19 PM

I want to say I don't even know if he'd do the stage door but judging by his previous interactions with fans he probably would.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 416April 29, 2018 3:09 PM

Personally, I'd be too nervous and paranoid to stage door after what happened to that Christina Grimmie chick two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 417April 29, 2018 3:13 PM

Yeah and a Timmy stage door would undoubtedly be manic. I would hope that the theater would employ a no ticket=no stage door policy but so many don't seem to bother.

by Anonymousreply 418April 29, 2018 3:14 PM

It would be total insanity. If he does the play I hope he stays away from the stage door.

The other day I was reading about one of the kids from the Norwegian show Skam, he's probably the most popular one and he does theater. Apparently fans from all over the world (especially japan) buy all the ticket and go to see him without understanding a word of Norwegian and scream every time he's onstage. I really hope that doesn't happen with Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 419April 29, 2018 3:26 PM

I stage-doored once with a friend, because I was visiting him in NYC and it was his normal routine. He attended the theater several times a week. Anyway, the place was mad for a Broadway star (Christine Ebersole in GREY GARDENS), I can't imagine what it would be like for a young Oscar-nominee and breakout star with a large fan base worldwide!

by Anonymousreply 420April 29, 2018 3:28 PM

Well Broadway is used to this, having Darren Criss, Daniel Radcliffe, Nick Jonas, Brandon Urie etc. tread the boards in recent years along with Broadway stars that make it big with young people themselves like the original cast of Hamilton and Ben Platt. Broadway tickets are expensive and this play isn't a fun, short musical either.

I'm sure it would all work out okay and the theater and/or Timmy would sort something out if not.

by Anonymousreply 421April 29, 2018 3:29 PM

Sometimes I think we overstimate his fanbase...I mean, yes, he gained a fanbase, going by numbers he has 1.8mil followers on IG, but even taking into account the fans who maybe don't follow him so religiously, he's not so well-known...he's not like dunno Harry Styles or Justin Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 422April 29, 2018 3:47 PM

Indeed, I don't think he has a HUGE mainstream fanbase nor is he a household name. It's just that those that do know about him are very passionate.

Now if he ever does follow Leo's shoes and gets a Titanic or some other blockbuster of that nature, that would be a different matter. And I hope he doesn't for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 423April 29, 2018 3:49 PM

I honestly don't think he'll go that route anytime soon haha. Nowadays the only blockbusters are superhero movie or some YA trilogy ( see Hunger Games) so...personally, not my cup of tea. Also, he's kind of hard to cast in those.

by Anonymousreply 424April 29, 2018 3:58 PM

I wonder if Titanic were out in theatres in 2018, would it have the same pull and buzz as it did then?

by Anonymousreply 425April 29, 2018 4:01 PM

Wow. So off the basis of him seeing a show twice, you lot have already cast him in it and are planning your stage door strategy.

by Anonymousreply 426April 29, 2018 4:08 PM

R426 No, everyone has said it's just speculation and I don't see anyone planning any 'stage door strategy'.

But things add up. He sees a 7 hour play twice in the space of less than a month, a play that those who have seen it say he would be suited for, he has said he wants to do theatre again, it's almost inevitably getting a Broadway transfer, set in New York with a New York playwright, the James Ivory connection etc., the current version of the play even has Timothée Chalamet and CMBYN references in the script. I don't see why it's so ridiculous to wonder.

by Anonymousreply 427April 29, 2018 4:15 PM

^^Agree. Why would you see a 7 hr play 2 x? Sounds like torture unless you have an agenda. Doing a show in NYC would be a dream come true for him. It's home.

by Anonymousreply 428April 29, 2018 4:22 PM

R427 What’re the references? Maybe I’m just bad at looking things up on the internet but I can’t really find out much about the play.

Someone also mentioned a theatre board member saying Timothee would be a good fit for the role, does anyone have a link to that?

by Anonymousreply 429April 29, 2018 4:40 PM

R429 I don't know what the references are but there are numerous tweets about it. I think they're just quick jokes that the audience for this play would definitely 'get' and proves that the playwright knows who he is at least.

'I’m watching The Inheritance and Timothy Chalamet is in the audience, AND he also just happens to have been mentioned in the script'

'when they did the timothee reference timothee’s friend dug timothee in the rib and they laughed'

'omg there's a Timothée reference in The Inheritance???' 'one timothee and one CMBYN so far'

The person saying they thought he'd be good in it is at the bottom of this page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430April 29, 2018 4:47 PM

R430 I see. Thanks! Haha, maybe he just really liked the play, but yeah, it would be super interesting to see him do something like this.

by Anonymousreply 431April 29, 2018 4:59 PM

How long is the intermission in a 7-hour play? Do they have more than one?

by Anonymousreply 432April 29, 2018 5:08 PM

R432 The play is in two parts. You can either see them on separate nights (as Timmy did the first time) or all in one day (as he did the second time).

According to the website:

Part 1: 3 hours 15 mins (with 2, 10 min intervals)

Part 2: 3 hours 20 mins (with 1, 10 min interval and a 5 min 'pause')

by Anonymousreply 433April 29, 2018 5:12 PM

Seeing it in one go...you must really love theatre.Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 434April 29, 2018 5:15 PM

Certainly. There's no way I would be able to sit through that in one day.

by Anonymousreply 435April 29, 2018 5:31 PM

Yeah, me too. I'd do it on 2 different days haha Well, maybe he didn't have anything to do for that whole day...lol Anyway, for the person who asked about the references of the movie in the play, I found this article where it states the parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436April 29, 2018 5:35 PM

[QUOTE]Sounds like torture unless you have an agenda

Or if you aren't a philistine. No wonder you can't relate.

by Anonymousreply 437April 29, 2018 5:45 PM

As a theatre lover I would happily see a long play that I loved twice, but I'm sure he knows that this one is likely going to get a West End and Broadway transfer so I wouldn't necessarily be rushing back in the space of a couple of weeks.

But let's wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 438April 29, 2018 6:11 PM

R425 yes, because spectacle and the love story and Leo were the keys to its major success. The 2012 3D conversion reissue grossed $343 million.

by Anonymousreply 439April 29, 2018 6:20 PM

R439 yes, but I didn't mean it like...Let me explain better: if a story like Titanic ( same plot, same dynamics etc.) without Leo as the protagonist (obviously) but let's say with an up and coming actor were made today, would people rush to see it? More than an Avengers movie?

by Anonymousreply 440April 29, 2018 6:28 PM

[quote] Or if you aren't a philistine. No wonder you can't relate.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 441April 29, 2018 6:30 PM

Most people seem to think he is the new Dicaprio. And I get why they may think that. But when I read that many others say that no, he´s not a Dicaprio, he´s a new DDL instead ( or he will be in the future), I´m lost, I don´t get what they mean . So I´d like to ask :what´s the difference ?. Both actors are respected and have won Oscars so...

by Anonymousreply 442April 29, 2018 8:03 PM

R442 He gets compared to DiCaprio because they both managed to balance being a heartthrob to young girls whilst also being taken seriously as an actor and getting Oscar nominated at a young age etc. which is very rare. Usually as soon as young girls start to go crazy over you, cinephiles, critics and the Academy turn their nose up.

He gets compared to DDL because of his performance in CMBYN which is incredibly naturalistic and physical, which is much more DDL's style of acting than DiCaprio's. There are also some people that say he looks like a young DDL with the long, flowing hair. In DDL' s breakthrough year he had both a gay role (My Beautiful Launderette) and a James Ivory role (A Room With a View) which adds to those comparisons.

In reality, he's his own beast. As has been noted, he hasn't had a huge blockbuster like Titanic yet so the hype around him cannot be compared to that of Leo's in the late 90s. He's also thus far not been as big on the party scene. Leo was notorious for partying several nights a week and was constantly linked to models and celebrities, having the 'pussy posse' etc. Timmy hasn't been linked to anyone famous since Maika Monroe and doesn't seem to party as hard, although he does like to show up with new celebrity friends a lot.

At the same time, he has the outward appeal and charisma that DDL doesn't when not in character. He's also not a method actor like DDL and he doesn't seem to be as picky with roles, DDL famously taking a role every few years rather than multiple a year.

DDL is the only man to have won three lead acting Oscars whereas Leo had to wait and work tirelessly before he managed to win any kind of Oscar. Leo is more famous but DDL is more respected. I don't necessarily think Timmy will follow the path of either that accurately.

by Anonymousreply 443April 29, 2018 8:22 PM

R443 I agree with you. Timmy is his own beast. There won't be a second Dicaprio,DDL etc. Also because there were different times back then. Tim has a bit of everything in him, as Greta said it. So I really find useless all these articles that hype him so much as the next *insert big name*. Personally, if I had to choose between those 2 actors, I think TC will follow more DDL's career than Leo's, just slightly more. As I see it, he wants more quality than quantity, wants to be a great actor more than a famous one. Also, he's hard to cast right now so he needsto mature, especially physically, otherwise he'll always play the junkie, drug addict roles.

by Anonymousreply 444April 29, 2018 8:46 PM

Thank you very much for your explanation, 443.

by Anonymousreply 445April 29, 2018 8:47 PM

Just to add, if you watch interviews with Leo at Timmy's age he was very clearly into himself and believed his own hype. Completely the opposite of Timmy's somewhat dorky, self-effacing persona that he portrays.

by Anonymousreply 446April 29, 2018 8:56 PM

R446 Leo refused to attend the 70th Academy Awards after he was 'snubbed' for TITANIC. Didn't even show up to support his leading lady, the director who took a chance on him, not even the film that became the biggest hit ever and made him a worldwide star. I was a teen then and really disliked that about him. He also didn't attend when he wasn't nominated for GANGS OF NEW YORK, even though he had two films (CATCH ME IF YOU CAN was the other) that were nominated.

by Anonymousreply 447April 29, 2018 9:05 PM

[quote]Also, he's hard to cast right now so he needsto mature, especially physically, otherwise he'll always play the junkie, drug addict roles.

What? LOL!

by Anonymousreply 448April 29, 2018 9:06 PM

I think Timmy is his own thing and he will make a big impact in Hollywood in his own way. No need to compare him to older actors imo

by Anonymousreply 449April 29, 2018 10:54 PM

R447 I wonder how much that played into him not getting an Oscar for so long, given how petty Hollywood types are about stuff like that.

[QUOTE]It would be total insanity. If he does the play I hope he stays away from the stage door.

If he does, they'll turn on him. People are so entitled when it comes to stage-dooring, and there've been cases where actors have been abused on social media for not coming out to sign - even when they're ill or have family issues, etc.

[QUOTE]The other day I was reading about one of the kids from the Norwegian show Skam, he's probably the most popular one and he does theater. Apparently fans from all over the world (especially japan) buy all the ticket and go to see him without understanding a word of Norwegian and scream every time he's onstage. I really hope that doesn't happen with Timmy.

And many of those people are fans of Timothee now....great. He's also picked up a lot of the crazy One Direction shippers - who are also fans of that Skam show. Darren Criss's fans were fucking awful when he was in How to Succeed - screaming when he came on, and loudly talking etc when he wasn't on stage. So I'm with you in crossing my fingers he avoids that but there's a lot of crossover of fan types.

by Anonymousreply 450April 29, 2018 11:13 PM

Broadway ushers will do their jobs. It's not a big deal. And there are certainly people that don't stage door but there are other measures that can be taken too, only signing for people with Playbills/tickets etc.

I do think Timmy's fans on the whole skew older than the people mentioned here. I doubt he has many fans under the age of 15 just as a result of the films that he has been in.

by Anonymousreply 451April 29, 2018 11:19 PM

Timmy is more classically trained the Leo and has that DDL European allure.

by Anonymousreply 452April 30, 2018 12:20 AM

R451, TC has a lot of very young fans who have seen Ladybird and CMBYN online. I know this since my nieces and their friends (all below 15) are CRAZY about TC.

by Anonymousreply 453April 30, 2018 12:34 AM

The last paragraph: "The audio kept going in and out, but it’s Timothée. Just the sight of his smiling face made everyone in the audience laugh with joy."

This might be just my perception but I feel like Tim has a certain charm that Leo didn't. Young Leo was a heartthrob but Timothee has people from all genders and ages swooning over him not just because of his looks but because of his personality too. So far he appears to be really nice, humble and "cute". I've seen people on social media hating him deeply (usually 3 types 1. "cmbyn promotes pedophilia" idiots, 2. people who hate every young white actor because they want more representation and 3. People who hate him for the Woody Allen movie) but overall people find him adorable and relatable in his awkwardness which I don't think happened with Leo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454April 30, 2018 12:40 AM

[quote]I've seen people on social media hating him deeply (usually 3 types 1. "cmbyn promotes pedophilia" idiots, 2. people who hate every young white actor because they want more representation and 3. People who hate him for the Woody Allen movie)

Also, the usual haters who hate him for his critical success, especially at such a young age.

by Anonymousreply 455April 30, 2018 1:10 AM

R451 Maybe a few but I doubt a lot. I haven't seen any of his fan accounts run by people of that age and CMBYN and even Lady Bird are certainly not aimed at that age group.

In fact the troublesome Timmy fans I've seen are largely the middle aged ones.

by Anonymousreply 456April 30, 2018 2:03 AM

R456 You’d be surprised... I’ve come a cross a few “fan accounts” that haven’t even seen any of his movies but still “stan” him. Someone captioned an image “have any of you seen any of timmy’s movies? i haven’t but i really want to!!” and that really boggles my mind, because I don’t see how you’d be a fan if you haven’t even seen anything he’s been in.

by Anonymousreply 457April 30, 2018 2:11 AM

R457 My point is those aren't the majority and the type that don't watch his films are hardly the type that are gonna spend money on planes, hotels and Broadway tickets.

by Anonymousreply 458April 30, 2018 2:12 AM

So to sum it up: TC's fanbase consists mostly of teens? Yes or no?

by Anonymousreply 459April 30, 2018 6:54 AM

[quote]I don’t see how you’d be a fan if you haven’t even seen anything he’s been in.

You don't know many teenagers. Here's how it works. Since Timmy's the new "it" boy, all the little fangirls have looked him up on-line and have watched every interview and all the highlight clips from his movies. He's quite a charmer, so you don't have to have seen his movies (in full) to be smitten.

by Anonymousreply 460April 30, 2018 7:49 AM

R459 I would say his fanbase is mostly late teens and early 20s. You can see in videos of Q&As, premieres, red carpets, there's not tweens and young teens waiting to meet him.

by Anonymousreply 461April 30, 2018 8:07 AM

R461 ok, but those are the cray cray fangirls in the range between 16-21

by Anonymousreply 462April 30, 2018 8:22 AM

R462 Some of them sure. Some of them are fine.

There's also cray cray fanboys, especially of Timmy including the one that runs the cray cray update account so.

by Anonymousreply 463April 30, 2018 8:24 AM

R463 Yes, but the fanboys, as far as I can tell, are not so vocal as the passionate fangirls, imo. Also, the guy who runs that account is harmless, just I could say very dedicated.

by Anonymousreply 464April 30, 2018 8:33 AM

R464 What makes these fangirls more harmful than someone that annoys his sister so much she has to block him?

by Anonymousreply 465April 30, 2018 8:49 AM

R465 the constant screaming and ambushing in public places, I guess...lol

by Anonymousreply 466April 30, 2018 9:16 AM

R466 I really haven't seen that much of that and he seems to handle it fine. I disagree that that's more harmful than annoying his non-famous friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 467April 30, 2018 10:47 AM

There are some definitely crazy fanboys. Going back to Skam, I remember reading about some creepy middle aged guy traveling to Norway and following that same actor everywhere. I think he was from the Philippines or some random place like that. You have to remember the actors from Skam are actually 16-17. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Timothée had those type of fans too. I think screaming girls, while annoying is preferable to borderline stalkers who make him and his family uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 468April 30, 2018 11:09 AM

I remember being at the London Bafta Q&A and there was an older gentleman who didn't have a ticket to the event, but who was trying everything in his power to see if they would let him in anyway. When he was told no he resorted to standing outside with the other fans who didn't have tickets and he kept moving the rope barriers security had set up for when Timothee and Daniel Kaluuya arrived. Security eventually had to threaten to remove him from the premises if he touched the ropes again. There were several other older gentlemen there who also didn't have tickets who were hoping to be let in, they just didn't go to the extent of the other guy.

by Anonymousreply 469April 30, 2018 11:15 AM

Just out of curiosity, how do we know that that ig account is run by a fanboy? Was it mentioned somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 470April 30, 2018 11:19 AM

R470 His name on Twitter is Cedrick Miguel.

And yes Timmy definitely has middle aged men causing him trouble. Like this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 30, 2018 11:29 AM

Sorry, this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472April 30, 2018 11:30 AM

I suspect the Timmy stans are back. The ones who think he's so innocent, can do no wrong and think his going to be there boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 473April 30, 2018 11:32 AM

R473 What are you talking about? No one is talking about whether he's done anything wrong or not.

by Anonymousreply 474April 30, 2018 11:34 AM

R472 unfortunately, yeah, that one even tags his mom in his tweets mah

by Anonymousreply 475April 30, 2018 11:50 AM

-R474

I'm talking about people in this thread who see some guy they barely know, thinks he can do no wrong and always looks amazing. . He's an a attractive good actor and has lots of potential.

The crazed fans who attack a girl who posted a picture on IG by calling her at the most ugliest female name or fat cow because she dared to post a picture he asked her not to after she thought it would be OK after others did and people knew he was in London. That's the craziness I am see

by Anonymousreply 476April 30, 2018 11:50 AM

R476 Okay I don't know where you're seeing any of that in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 477April 30, 2018 11:52 AM

What's up with Timothee going to see The inheritance twice. Either this guy is gay or extremely gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 478April 30, 2018 12:08 PM

R478 Did you miss the prior speculation about him being cast in the Broadway transfer?

by Anonymousreply 479April 30, 2018 12:10 PM

-R479 No I got it but that would be a bad career move talk about type casting.

by Anonymousreply 480April 30, 2018 12:15 PM

R480 Armie has played gay 3 times now and no one is type casting him. Lucas Hedges is playing gay twice in a row and is probably gay IRL and isn't worrying about it.

Timmy would be fine.

by Anonymousreply 481April 30, 2018 12:18 PM

R476 = fat cow who posted Timmy's pic after he asked her not to.

by Anonymousreply 482April 30, 2018 12:27 PM

R472 Yikes. That guy sounds bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 483April 30, 2018 12:53 PM

I get the type casting concern. Armie did it over the course of a 12 year career. For Tim to do it this early in his career along with talk of a CMBYN SQL in a few years "could" put him in a box.

by Anonymousreply 484April 30, 2018 12:57 PM

Am I the only one who can’t see the twitter account posted in R472 ? Normally I would assume I’ve been blocked, but my twitter account is private and I have never interacted with him before.

As for the whole type casting thing, I understand the concern but it’s just funny how playing straight is fine but playing gay=immediate type-casting and limiting yourself. If the characters are sufficiently different, I feel like only extremely shallow-minded people would think he has no range or can only play one type of character.

by Anonymousreply 485April 30, 2018 12:59 PM

Plus he was bisexual in CMBYN and had explicit scenes with a woman.

But I really don't think it's a concern. Broadway transfers don't happen quickly. By the time it would happen Hot Summer Nights (in which he makes out with Maika Monroe) and Beautiful Boy (in which he has a shower sex scene) with Kaitlyn Dever will both have been released and potentially The King as well and the character of Prince Hal is a notorious womanizer. Also, it's Broadway, not a blockbuster. Not that many people will even see it.

by Anonymousreply 486April 30, 2018 1:14 PM

-R485 It's not fair but how HW works. Luca was offered and considered directing Carol but knowing the following year he would start shooting CMBYN declinced. Not wanting to be tpyed as the gay director who does gay movies. His new movie is totally different.

Same with another young actor not as talented as Timmy, Ansel Eghort said he declined several movies similar to The fault in our stars because they were similar material and waited for baby driver a totally different project.

HW is lazy, greedy and risk cautious.

by Anonymousreply 487April 30, 2018 1:15 PM

Broadway isn't Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 488April 30, 2018 1:19 PM

R485 Not just you, the person who posted the link did it in a weird way, here it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489April 30, 2018 1:21 PM

Re that Nelson H character: What is this tweet in response to? Did something happen between Armie and Timmy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490April 30, 2018 3:34 PM

No, he's just a loon.

by Anonymousreply 491April 30, 2018 3:39 PM

Timmy liked Elizabeth's photo with Armie in a couple of hours ago.

People are just determined to overanalyze their friendship. If it's not 'Armie isn't kind enough to Timmy', it's 'Timmy isn't kind enough to Armie' or 'they're in love' or 'it's a PR friendship'.

Madness to think they're just normal friends I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 492April 30, 2018 3:41 PM

That dude seriously gives me the creeps. I've seen that brand of fan crazy from teenagers with a limited English but coming from an old guy, it's creepy. Also, why does he keep writing his name as "Timo-tay". It's so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 493April 30, 2018 3:52 PM

[QUOTE]Also, why does he keep writing his name as "Timo-tay"

Someone on here used to do that too. Chances are pretty good it was him.

by Anonymousreply 494April 30, 2018 4:32 PM

Back to the play: Personally I think he made a good choice with this play. If he's in, I'm sure the play will transfer in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 495April 30, 2018 5:28 PM

When was the last time Broadway had a 7-hour play? Was it Nickolas Nickelby in the '80s?

by Anonymousreply 496April 30, 2018 5:32 PM

Angels in America is on Broadway right now and is even longer.

by Anonymousreply 497April 30, 2018 5:41 PM

Well, maybe he wants to follow what Andrew Garfield did. He also chose to do a gay play and was nominated for that.

by Anonymousreply 498April 30, 2018 5:49 PM

I think (if he will be in the play) that it's more that he's eager to make his Broadway debut and a play that has already received critical acclaim is a safe choice.

by Anonymousreply 499April 30, 2018 5:52 PM

R499 That could be another reason too. Didn't think about it that way, but it might be.

by Anonymousreply 500April 30, 2018 6:06 PM

R499 aren't Millennium Approaches and Perestroika two separate plays?

by Anonymousreply 501April 30, 2018 6:07 PM

I meant R497, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 502April 30, 2018 6:08 PM

R501 Well they originally premiered separately but now (in this Broadway production at least) they are presented as two parts of one play.

by Anonymousreply 503April 30, 2018 6:10 PM

Is it actually confirmed he saw the whole play twice? Rather than him being seen at Part One and then being seen at Part Two?

by Anonymousreply 504April 30, 2018 6:13 PM

The IG account thcupdates has him spotted at part 1 on the 9th April, part 2 on the 11th april and then at the play again on Saturday which was a two show day.

by Anonymousreply 505April 30, 2018 6:15 PM

It's possible that he just watched part 2 again (he was definitely there at night) but the common belief is that part 1 is the better part so it would be a little odd anyway.

by Anonymousreply 506April 30, 2018 6:18 PM

Thank you, R505. Wow, that IG account is...something else.

by Anonymousreply 507April 30, 2018 6:19 PM

R507 let's say it's more down to earth haha

by Anonymousreply 508April 30, 2018 6:21 PM

I don't mind that one tbh, they at least aren't going on about what he smells like and annoying his family. It's a little much but to be fair people seem to want to know this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 509April 30, 2018 6:22 PM

R506 What's the 2 part about?

by Anonymousreply 510April 30, 2018 6:38 PM

[quote]they at least aren't going on about what he smells like

There are IG accounts devoted to that? What is the consensus?

by Anonymousreply 511April 30, 2018 6:39 PM

R510 I don't know, I've just heard that the first part is great and ends perfectly with some people even saying it's the best ending to a show they've ever seen and part 2 has its moments but doesn't compare and the fat needs to be trimmed. Part 2 is the part with Vanessa Redgrave.

R511 That other update account includes it in every post. Fresh mint and soap apparently.

by Anonymousreply 512April 30, 2018 6:41 PM

[quote]Fresh mint and soap apparently.

That sounds nice, actually. I often tell people that I love when a man smells of soap and water.

by Anonymousreply 513April 30, 2018 6:50 PM

More post about how Timmy smells will surely get this thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 514April 30, 2018 10:17 PM

Enough of this constant paranoia about what "will get the thread closed". There are ongoing threads about D-Listers like Sam Heughan or non-entities like Dylan Gleick that are on part #35 here - nobody minds when we discuss someone who is actually relevant, or how we discuss him. As has been pointed out before, the only reason why all Timmy threads were getting deleted for a while was because a mentally ill troll was spamming them so that they filled up within minutes, which led to others constantly creating new threads, which again were filled up within minutes by the obsessive troll, etc etc. That problem is now thankfully over, so can we stop going on about it?

by Anonymousreply 515April 30, 2018 10:29 PM

R471 Where's the connection between that guy and the insta account that has contact with Brian?

by Anonymousreply 516April 30, 2018 11:48 PM

R516 They're just both creepy male fans of Timmy, as proof that there are plenty and it's not just teenage fangirls that are a problem.

by Anonymousreply 517May 1, 2018 7:03 AM

Let’s move on and talk about something else.

by Anonymousreply 518May 1, 2018 7:30 AM

I think we´re not going to see much of him for a while so I want to talk about something that truly puzzles me. For months we knew NOTHING at all about his personal life. Just lately we have learned that he likes parties (fashion industry parties, underground parties), he can get high (weed, I guess) and has become legit friend with the likes of TW, the Safdie brothers and that JR.,,,, What I mean is that now we know he is enjoying himself and testing la vida loca. And part of that vida loca has to be sex . And he may be careful with who he chooses , but he has to be fucking around all he can . But then how come there´s no gossip about it ? . Everybody has a phone but nodody has ever taken a picture of him kissing someone in LA/ NY/Coachella / London ? Nobody recognize him?, Are people so discreet that they fuck the IT boy but then keep the secret and not even their friends know about it?. I don´t get it.

by Anonymousreply 519May 3, 2018 1:20 AM

Then perhaps he's not having sex.

by Anonymousreply 520May 3, 2018 1:24 AM

I can´t believe he´s not having sex. He´s 22, successful so he doesn´t have to work hard for it and he´s moving around.

by Anonymousreply 521May 3, 2018 1:44 AM

Pretty sure he’s busy filming right now. He seems like the kind of guy to take his work pretty seriously, so it may not be too hard to believe that he isn’t exactly having a shit ton of sex.

Also I think people underestimate how discreet people can be, especially when they’re going out of their way to keep their private lives private.

by Anonymousreply 522May 3, 2018 3:45 AM

Maybe he makes them sign NDAs too? Who knows? At the end of the day, is this really important?

by Anonymousreply 523May 3, 2018 4:01 AM

I've always found it interesting there's no talk about his dating/sex life and he's always hanging with his buddies. He's a very Affectionate guy in public so to think he is not into sex is crazy. Armie once said in an interview that Timmy likes sex and he smiled. Projecting here but I think he an intense energetic giving lover who can be draining.

by Anonymousreply 524May 3, 2018 6:05 AM

R524 I agree! He’s not a monk, but he keeps it under wraps which is nothing wrong with that. There are other actors like him, so nothing under the sun.

by Anonymousreply 525May 3, 2018 6:27 AM

Well there's been a few things floating around social media although not for a few months now. A girl that was in a taxi with someone that had made out with him, rumors that he's a whore, fucking 'every actress' (although I doubt that last one is true because I feel like something would have been leaked about at least one actress if so).

I think he's having sex, he's just not doing it with anyone super famous and is doing it with people he trusts.

by Anonymousreply 526May 3, 2018 6:27 AM

*nothing new ^

by Anonymousreply 527May 3, 2018 6:28 AM

We go days and days at a time without any sightings of him or him posting on social media so I don't think we can necessarily say he's always hanging with his buddies.

His friend Billie is a girl and very pretty and if someone saw them together I imagine they may assume something and tweet about it or whatever. He's clearly just good at lying low.

by Anonymousreply 528May 3, 2018 6:43 AM

Timmy and Billie are just friends. She's bff's with his ex. Most of his hook up are former HS friends and fellow actors from his films.

by Anonymousreply 529May 3, 2018 6:52 AM

I know they're just friends, my point was she's super pretty and if someone saw them hanging out, as they often do, it wouldn't surprise me if they were to assume something and tweet about it.

The fact that we never see tweets like that shows how good he is at lying low and he likely does the same with his actual hookups.

by Anonymousreply 530May 3, 2018 6:56 AM

I wonder if he's reached out to JLaw.....or if he's scared of her.. She's so thirsty for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531May 3, 2018 7:33 AM

I think if he thought she was serious he would have happily gone there already.

by Anonymousreply 532May 3, 2018 7:36 AM

R532 haha can't see him with her....like at all, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 533May 3, 2018 7:44 AM

R533 He'd definitely fuck her, he gets flustered in any video when he talks about her.

by Anonymousreply 534May 3, 2018 7:49 AM

-r534 in a New York minute!

by Anonymousreply 535May 3, 2018 8:00 AM

R534 I thought he was getting flustered because he didn't know how to shut the topic since he was not interested in her that way...but, maybe you're right too, it can be interpreted in both ways. Jlaw seems to predilege older guys as far as I can tell...anyway, I'm not so interested in his love life so dunno, whatever floats his boat, lol

by Anonymousreply 536May 3, 2018 8:10 AM

R536 Nah he got flustered when he talked about her before all of that too, when he was the one to bring her up as a role model for his generation or whatever. I'm not saying he'd propose and knock her up but she has a great body and he's grown up watching her so she'd clearly be some kind of fantasy material for him. But yeah she was clearly exaggerating/joking and tends to go for old, ugly guys anyway.

by Anonymousreply 537May 3, 2018 8:13 AM

R536, I saw it like that too. It seemed like he was trying to be polite and 'appear' flattered when he's really not interested and maybe even a little bit creeped out. Just guessing, but I think JLaw's a bit crude and anti-intellectual for TC's taste. I observed the same with Selena in that insipid vid she made with him in the background. She acted like such an ditz. His vibe was dismissal and barely concealed annoyance.

by Anonymousreply 538May 3, 2018 8:23 AM

R537 haha, didn't know about the other interviews. The reason I dismissed that was that she didn't fit the artsy type of girl he usually goes for ( except Maika because she's conventionally attractive). Personally, I'd like for him to go with a chick who's got some brains ( like Saoirse) and not all those Victoria Secret's models. But, that again is just my personal opinion.

by Anonymousreply 539May 3, 2018 8:25 AM

He's a 22-year-old straight male. Of course he wasn't creeped out by Jennifer Lawrence saying she wants to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 540May 3, 2018 8:25 AM

R539 We have such a small sample of girls that we know he's been involved with that I find it hard to pin him down to having a certain type. Just because he hangs out with arty girls doesn't necessarily mean that's the kind he wants to fuck.

When he's been caught lurking on girls IGs and accidentally liking photos, 'arty' is not the word I'd use to describe those girls.

by Anonymousreply 541May 3, 2018 8:27 AM

The boy wouldn't be able to get his pants off fast enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542May 3, 2018 8:35 AM

^^Haha, OMG. Well, guess they'll be hooking up then, if not already.

by Anonymousreply 543May 3, 2018 8:38 AM

Sorry for being out of the loop, but who’s Billie? Also the whole JLaw thing is so... funny to me. Like there’s absolutely no reason to take it seriously. He’s probably flattered that someone that famous is seemingly interested him and if she hit him up, he might say yes, but I highly doubt he’s losing any sleep over it or dying to fuck her. He gushes over every single celebrity the same way.

by Anonymousreply 544May 3, 2018 8:43 AM

R544 Billie is one of his friends, that's all so far.

by Anonymousreply 545May 3, 2018 8:45 AM

Except most of the celebrities he gushes over are male and don't look like Jennifer Lawrence. But yes of course he's not losing sleep over it, no one is suggesting that.

by Anonymousreply 546May 3, 2018 8:46 AM

This is Billie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547May 3, 2018 8:48 AM

Anyway judging by Giullian's IG story he's off to visit Timmy in London.

by Anonymousreply 548May 3, 2018 8:55 AM

I bet he was feeling lonely there...Maybe Pauline would visit too or Stephane.

by Anonymousreply 549May 3, 2018 9:08 AM

He seems to make friends easily to be fair.

by Anonymousreply 550May 3, 2018 9:10 AM

Who pays for those trips? Producers as if his friends were his " plus one"?. JL was joking there but if she ever wants to fuck, he´s game. I want some drama from my celebrities from time to time so I hope he gets caught doing something scandalous soon because he´s not delivering. No pictures, no gossip about his sexual life, no drama with the others young actors either... Too perfect to be true. Something has to give sooner or later. I want more Coachella. That was fun.

by Anonymousreply 551May 3, 2018 9:13 AM

I imagine his friends pay for themselves or maybe Timmy helps them out if he's the one that wants them there. I can't imagine producers would be willing to fund that.

by Anonymousreply 552May 3, 2018 9:15 AM

R551 honestly, I follow other young actors too and they are private too( maybe I have "luck" only with those)...anyway, if something like Coachella happens again, this thread will be filled in 5 minutes top haha

by Anonymousreply 553May 3, 2018 9:18 AM

R546 He gushes over Saoirse in basically the same way, and at least in my opinion, Saoirse is a lot more attractive than JLaw. I guess it doesn’t really matter either way though

by Anonymousreply 554May 3, 2018 9:19 AM

R554 That's a little different considering Saoirse is his friend and co-star. And yes I agree that she's more attractive but she's dating Jack Lowden so there'd be little point in Timmy getting excited over her.

by Anonymousreply 555May 3, 2018 9:21 AM

There's been two more test screenings for BB in Chicago. You can see the new ratings on the attached page.

Also this from the GoldDerby forums:

'Based on the first cut, Chalamet is a co-lead, and probably has the most screentime. In my opinion it’s his best performance and he was my personal winner last year.'

'Yup it’s up there for sure.'

'Carrell was fine, more subtly than usual, but overshadowed big time by Chalamet. Chalamet genuinely shouldn’t go supporting.'

And this from Twitter:

'Just watched the heartbreaking #beautifulboy movie &it was deff powerful & emotional. Deff showed the devastating reality of addiction. Steve Carell & Timothée Chalamet had so much father/son chemistry and Timothée was so amazing, deff deserves oscar nominations for this one!'

The person from Twitter says he's supporting though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556May 3, 2018 9:22 AM

[quote]He seems to make friends easily to be fair.

Oh look, it's the "to be fair" troll who shows up in every thread to make sure we all know she's being so fair, even when it has no meaning or relevance.

by Anonymousreply 557May 3, 2018 9:26 AM

R556 He will go supporting for sure, at least in that category has some hope to be nominated because BA will be a bloodbath this year.

by Anonymousreply 558May 3, 2018 10:56 AM

This time last year it seemed like it would be as well and then Denzel ended up scraping in with a film with 51% on RT. Just because things look promising on paper doesn't mean they always work out. Admittedly test screening word sounds positive for Bale, Cooper and Malek so far.

But yeah I don't see why they would push Timmy lead if they can get away with not doing so, unless the category falls apart again.

by Anonymousreply 559May 3, 2018 11:11 AM

He has better chances going supporting. Also, Ryan Gosling will surely get a nod as the lead too.

by Anonymousreply 560May 3, 2018 11:23 AM

Unless Chazelle suffers from the third film curse and it's not good, which is always very possible.

by Anonymousreply 561May 3, 2018 11:25 AM

.....and let’s not forget about Lucas too. Even if the film has a September release date.

by Anonymousreply 562May 3, 2018 11:28 AM

I really think Boy Erased is gonna flop critically.

by Anonymousreply 563May 3, 2018 11:29 AM

R563 Well, the same thing could be said for BB ( even though it has an October release). Apart from a very possible lone nominee (Timmy) the movie can’t get much more...dont know if Carell could fit in the BA categ with this one. Maybe best adapted screenplay??

by Anonymousreply 564May 3, 2018 11:35 AM

Yeah but the difference is Amazon have given BB a prime awards season release date and none of their other films seem particularly promising either. Maybe Peterloo but after it failed to get picked for Cannes because of being too slow and boring and them not showcasing it at CinemaCon, I doubt it.

On the other hand Focus have On the Basis of Sex and Mary Queen of Scots both with better release dates. They also have Black Klansman which has been given an August release date but for the purpose of being the anniversary of the Charlottesville protests. They're gonna be likely busy campaigning all of these films.

I also think while BB might get middling reviews, Boy Erased has a good chance of being deemed problematic due to Joel Edgerton, a straight man, not being able to tackle the weight of the story appropriately.

I don't think BB will be a contender outside of Timmy but I'm much more confident in his chances than Lucas, in either category.

by Anonymousreply 565May 3, 2018 11:40 AM

I see people are still saying there are overall issues with the film BB. Not sure if I will see it but I hope it gets well received. And on that very creepy older guy who tweets Timmy daily, his YouTube video talking to Tim is beyond psychotic

by Anonymousreply 566May 3, 2018 3:40 PM

R566 there's a video? Can you link it, please?

by Anonymousreply 567May 3, 2018 4:12 PM

Sorry r567 I don't have the link its in his Twitter feed that someone up thread linked in here and like I said its textbook Hinkley/Chapman disturbing. Glad Timmy is keeping off social media so some of this shit dies down so he isn't a target of people who are this state of delusional

by Anonymousreply 568May 3, 2018 4:30 PM

That Nelson guy also hates Armie with a passion, lol. He is always tweeting shit at him about how he doesn't reciprocate Timmy's affection/support and how he's an awful friend. And he @'s Timmy's mom in his tweets, too. I guess he wants her to intervene on his behalf. There are some really disturbed people out there.

by Anonymousreply 569May 3, 2018 4:37 PM

R568 the guy actually spoke with Timmy? Your post reminded me of the telephone convo I heard between Hinckley and Jodie Foster. It was beyond creepy!

by Anonymousreply 570May 3, 2018 4:37 PM

No the creeper made a video as if he was talking to Timmy and it gave me a chill. People who call themselves fans or admirers think they can insert themselves into these celebrities lives and want to be acknowledged . It's fucked up

by Anonymousreply 571May 3, 2018 4:55 PM

Back to BB: so other people who went to the testscreening said that the movie still needs some editing, but overall Timmy's performance is solid so...good shot if he goes supporting.

by Anonymousreply 572May 3, 2018 5:01 PM

[quote]honestly, I follow other young actors too and they are private too( maybe I have "luck" only with those)

The smarter ones- the ones looking for serious, long term careers- are getting good PR coaching on how to handle social media.

by Anonymousreply 573May 3, 2018 5:03 PM

Even though Timmy isn't posting on social media he definitely checks it regularly. He untags himself in photos on IG etc. So I'm sure he's seen his tweets. Hopefully he has muted him.

by Anonymousreply 574May 3, 2018 5:11 PM

R573 yeah, that’s what I wanted to say. He has a good team behind him who knows how to handle his public image R574 why would he even spare a second on that loon?

by Anonymousreply 575May 3, 2018 5:33 PM

R575 Muting him would take up less of his time than scrolling through his tweets.

by Anonymousreply 576May 3, 2018 5:37 PM

R574 How do you know he untags himself in photos? He gets tagged so much that I don’t think he really goes through all of them?

by Anonymousreply 577May 3, 2018 5:48 PM

So chances for him to win the MTV Movie Award for Best Performance in a Movie?

by Anonymousreply 578May 3, 2018 5:48 PM

They can definitely win "Best kiss" with Armie. Does he need this if he's aiming for a "serious long-term carreer"?

by Anonymousreply 579May 3, 2018 5:55 PM

R577 Nah he definitely does. I check his tags now and again to see if there's any new photos. Yesterday he untagged a screencap of his ass in CMBYN etc.

R578 Zero because he wont turn up to accept it and he's up against blockbuster performances.

R579 They're not nominated for Best Kiss.

by Anonymousreply 580May 3, 2018 5:56 PM

R579 Haha, there's no Best kiss with Armie, Love, Simon got nominated for that...And no, he doesn't need it, I was just asking for fun.

by Anonymousreply 581May 3, 2018 5:57 PM

R580 ohh, so he's a bit like Armie there, doesn't he also search his name on SM? Lmao

by Anonymousreply 582May 3, 2018 6:00 PM

R582 Yeah Timmy responded to a tweet that didn't @ him a couple of weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 583May 3, 2018 6:01 PM

I'm glad he is out of the social media glare and I know he asked someone not to post a picture of him. It's good to take a break and let people miss you. The CMBYN tour went on for over a year with posts and pics and vids every damn day. People act like he's the second coming of Christ until the next shiny sparkly thing catches everyone eye. He is a good actor but he doesn't need to get nominated for every damn thing he's in. Now I need to go outside and shout at a squirrel

by Anonymousreply 584May 3, 2018 6:06 PM

R584 agree! Sometimes I find all this hype really annoying...don't get me wrong, I like him as an actor and want to follow his career but every commemt like KING! SLAY! etc. gets me rolling my eyes.lol

by Anonymousreply 585May 3, 2018 6:10 PM

Incidentally, what's this new trend that I recently noticed where fans call the celebs they like "Mom" or "Dad" right on their IG or Twitter page?

by Anonymousreply 586May 3, 2018 6:19 PM

R586 maybe in this way they can feel a sort of ownership?

by Anonymousreply 587May 3, 2018 6:20 PM

It's been a thing for a few years now, 'my son' 'my child' as well. A way of expressing a large amount of affection I guess.

by Anonymousreply 588May 3, 2018 6:24 PM

BB sound like a middle of the road addiction film. If Chalamet performance is all the buzz it has then it might die a quick death. It sounds like the supporting performance are nothing special and the film itself has some snags

by Anonymousreply 589May 3, 2018 6:38 PM

I don't think anyone is expecting much but just holding out hope for him to be nominated and for the film itself to get a decent reception.

by Anonymousreply 590May 3, 2018 6:46 PM

R590 Second this!

by Anonymousreply 591May 3, 2018 6:48 PM

Since we're close to 600 replies here's the new thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592May 3, 2018 6:50 PM

It is said, comments on social networks that TH is dating KS

by Anonymousreply 593May 3, 2018 10:05 PM

Who is KS?

by Anonymousreply 594May 3, 2018 10:11 PM

Who is TH?

by Anonymousreply 595May 3, 2018 10:12 PM

Sorry for my previous comment, I've put it wrong (sorry for my bad English), I wanted to say .. On Instagram is commenting that Timothee Chalamet is dating Kiernan Shipka, again, rumors not contrasted. Timothee Chalamet I love it, it's a very private person, and I've always had a weakness for people with that kind of personality, with them everything inspires more confidence. If it is true that he is dating her I think that both make a really lovely couple, she is a very discreet and reserved person as it seems he is. Besides, she looks like a very pretty and sweet girl ..

by Anonymousreply 596May 3, 2018 10:15 PM

I haven't seen any comments about that, nor any evidence that he would be dating her.

by Anonymousreply 597May 3, 2018 10:17 PM

Pretty sure they've got more of a brother/sister relationship than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 598May 3, 2018 10:20 PM

Yeah she is 18 and he has known her since she was 14 and he was 18. It would be weird.

by Anonymousreply 599May 3, 2018 10:22 PM

She is very close to Tim's friends and his uncle (his mother's brother) who now has a private profile, but until a few weeks ago he had it public. Also Nikki, Armie Hammer's friend, follows her on Instagram. She has a puppy (to whom she made an account called Frankie Shipka), and the first photo she shared was with Timmy. In the last photo of this page, she gave voice to the dog making reference to that "You have to travel once to Europe". Timmy is in Europe, what does that mean? She is also close to Tim's New York friends, and he wants to move to California, by chance? I DOUBT IT!.

by Anonymousreply 600May 3, 2018 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!