Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Armance

"Is it better to speak or to die?"

by Anonymousreply 600March 12, 2018 6:04 PM

Harry Styles started following Timmy on Instagram. Cue mania.

by Anonymousreply 1March 6, 2018 10:55 PM

Not exactly recent but it was posted today. It's just the same thing they say in every interview. The only interesting/sweet part is this: "Do you feel the bond you formed on the film is something that will last forever? And how would you describe that bond?

Timothée: I hope so. [Laughs] He's not getting rid of me.

Armie: We went through a beautiful process together in terms of making this film. I feel like if we'd met under other circumstances we'd still be friends but this was a more intense way to realise 'Hey, I really like this guy'"

Timmy has no intentions of letting go of the Hammers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 6, 2018 11:17 PM

lol...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 6, 2018 11:25 PM

Thanks R2 I was hoping someone would ask them that.

by Anonymousreply 4March 6, 2018 11:43 PM

Thanks R2 it is so beautiful that they have developed a close and mutually respect friendship

by Anonymousreply 5March 6, 2018 11:48 PM

harry just comes with a lot of shipper drama.Timmy doesn't need that shit.

by Anonymousreply 6March 6, 2018 11:55 PM

I think that Timmy hand handle someone following him on Instagram r6

Especially a guy that he’s hasn’t met yet. In his life.

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2018 11:58 PM

And Timmy's bound to have a lot of shipper drama surrounding him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2018 12:07 AM

Not sure how Armie feels lately. Timmy has become the center of attention of many A listers. I know Amrie is straight but I’m sure he does have feeling for Timmy. Is he afraid that he will lose Timmy soon?

by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2018 12:19 AM

Why would he be afraid, they're friends. I'm sure he's more worried about other things, like his first play and how to keep his career going strong.

by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2018 12:31 AM

And his wife.

And his kids.

by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2018 12:37 AM

I might have to agree. Armie has been in the film industry since 2006 and I have never seen him this close to a colleague. May be Timmy is the only sincere friendship that he has ever had. He’s not that talented and not well respected by his former colleagues with the exception of Timmy who is sincerely nice to him.

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2018 12:38 AM

I've said it before, whether Armie wants to fuck him or not, the quality of Timmy's verbal fellatio is pretty outstanding and if Tim were to take his attentions somewhere else, I'm sure Armie's ego would miss him.

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2018 12:44 AM

No need to be so dramatic, you don't have to be friends with your co-stars and, actually, that's a rare thing. Armie's group of friends is solid, Timmy or no Timmy and he's got a family of his own. To be respected by his colleagues, which I'm not sure he isn't (the media is another matter) he only needs to work hard.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2018 12:44 AM

Like someone else said, Armie is surrounded by enablers, people who worship the fuck out of him. Luca himself has been treating him like a major star and The Perfect Man, but there's also his own wife and Nick, who's like a servant or something, always available. He really can't complain.

by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2018 12:46 AM

And that’s not what he deep down needs. He needs Timmy

by Anonymousreply 16March 7, 2018 12:47 AM

I'm not into fan fiction R16

by Anonymousreply 17March 7, 2018 12:49 AM

After so many years, he has come to realization that only Timmy is what he actually needs in his life. He feels happy when he’s with him.

by Anonymousreply 18March 7, 2018 12:51 AM

Timmy is capable of dividng his attention. Look how he still is with McConaughey years later. If Armie puts the effort in then Timmy will too. Whilst he has the attention of celebrities there's very few that he seems actually friendly with. (Armie, Saoirse, Daniel Kaluuya).

by Anonymousreply 19March 7, 2018 1:19 AM

*dividing.

by Anonymousreply 20March 7, 2018 1:20 AM

Timmy followed Harry back.

by Anonymousreply 21March 7, 2018 1:27 AM

Does Timmy follow Lucas Hedges? That's the only possible association I'd be interested in, at least Lucas is really gay and not a fan-baiting fraud like Harry Styles.

by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2018 1:30 AM

Lucas doesn't have IG or Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 23March 7, 2018 1:33 AM

Ah well, that's smart of him I guess.

by Anonymousreply 24March 7, 2018 1:34 AM

He does have IG but it's private and he doesn't accept fans. And yes Timmy follows him.

by Anonymousreply 25March 7, 2018 1:34 AM

Thank you R25 I'm glad.

by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2018 1:35 AM

Thanks R25. Yes it is a private account indeed.

by Anonymousreply 27March 7, 2018 1:41 AM

R19 I agree. I'm sure Timmy and Armie have good chances to keep up their friendship.

by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2018 5:08 AM

I’m gonna b selfish here. I want their friendship will never end and hopefully will develop to the next level

by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2018 5:20 AM

Well it's not going to develop to the next level but the friendship never ending is certainly possible.

by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2018 5:28 AM

Armie will leave his wife and him and Timmy will eventually get together. Maybe after the next movie in the sequel is made. They love each other. It's only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 31March 7, 2018 5:39 AM

I get that they'd be hot together and so on but honestly I think the idea of their close friendship is so much nicer than the idea of them being 'in love'. Romantic love is something that often fades and once it's gone you can barely remember how or why it was ever there. A friendship like theirs is them wanting to spend time together, wanting to talk to each other, not because they feel they need to as they would if they were actually in love but because they simply want to. Even if they were both into men and started something it would probably come to an end like the vast majority of celebrity relationships. On the other hand, what they actually have which is an affectionate and genuine friendship has no reason to fade as long as the shippers leave them alone.

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2018 6:11 AM

And we can watch them make out in the film and its sequels. Win win.

by Anonymousreply 33March 7, 2018 6:17 AM

R32 totally agree with you! Also the shippers will move on to the next "couple" to ship eventually.

by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2018 8:41 AM

R32 it's like me and my best friend,our friendship has survived unscathed all our failed relationships combined.

by Anonymousreply 35March 7, 2018 11:10 AM

The shippers are latching onto Timmy the way they do with every straight guy who's not butch. How can he be anything but bi or gay in their limited minds? Timmy MUST love dick. When they give up on Armie as his secret love, it will be Harry Styles or his next costar.

Meanwhile, truly gay actors pass by unnoticed by them.

by Anonymousreply 36March 7, 2018 11:56 AM

I'm genuinely envious of their friendship. I wish someone liked me and wanted to hang out with me as much as they do each other.

by Anonymousreply 37March 7, 2018 12:10 PM

R36 they don't care about gay actors...they want straight ppl to be "gay" so they can substitute themselves to them(usually the most feminine of the couple) and pretend they are dating their crush of the moment without being the "weak" girl...it's a form of homosexual distortion created by women for other women. This has nothing to do with the actors sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 38March 7, 2018 12:22 PM

I'm kinda curious about them following each other tbh. Seems a bit random. Harry's people follow fans every once in a while to keep them happy but he's not really active on social media anymore. I'm thinking maybe they'll be starring in something together? That would be cool. It would certainly make fangirls go crazy.

by Anonymousreply 39March 7, 2018 12:48 PM

Nobody wants to deal with them psychos not even Harry. Tim's manager will avoid that like a tuberculosis crisis.

by Anonymousreply 40March 7, 2018 1:10 PM

I don't think Harry followed Timmy for a particular reason ( i.e. starring in a movie together). Tom Holland also followed him, but don't know if TC followed him back...

by Anonymousreply 41March 7, 2018 1:25 PM

There have been plenty of celebs following Timmy over the last few weeks. He's the talk of the town. I doubt there is any real reason behind it.

by Anonymousreply 42March 7, 2018 1:39 PM

It’s a shame that Armie is married. If he was single, Armie and Timmy could have three ways with women, as so many straight men best friends do, allowing them to express their platonic love through the bodies of women.

by Anonymousreply 43March 7, 2018 1:44 PM

He´s the IT boy right now, of course all those young celebrities are gonna follow him , but that´s not real friendship. Anyway, I want to see how he deals with his career and even his new star status now. Will he go off the rails like many others before him?. I´d say no, he seems to be afraid of HW lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 44March 7, 2018 1:51 PM

R44 agree, so far he seems to have a good head on his shoulder!

by Anonymousreply 45March 7, 2018 1:53 PM

*shoulders

by Anonymousreply 46March 7, 2018 1:58 PM

I hope he has fun and enjoys himself, but it would be such a shame to see someone so talented succumb to the usual Hollywood pitfalls. He does have a good team and family around him , though, so I think he'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 47March 7, 2018 2:04 PM

he keeps away from social media,he keeps his private life completely private,his next project is a historical movie in England and not some commercial romantic bullshit HW movie....pretty clear he wants quality work and a respectful career. HW already has plenty of young fit commercial actors...

by Anonymousreply 48March 7, 2018 2:36 PM

Well he's openly self conscious about this stuff. He's spoken many times about how Armie is a role model because he hasn't gone off the rails, how Saoirse has told him all male actors lose their minds at 24 etc.

by Anonymousreply 49March 7, 2018 4:15 PM

Yeah, he's perfectly aware of that. Anyway, will they show up at the Empire Awards on 18th?

by Anonymousreply 50March 7, 2018 4:22 PM

I kinda doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 51March 7, 2018 6:26 PM

Ok, so to sum it up there's tomorrow and the Tokyo tour, right? Anything else until June?

by Anonymousreply 52March 7, 2018 7:14 PM

R 52 tears and sorrow

by Anonymousreply 53March 7, 2018 7:24 PM

The possible Modern Family vacation in the Caymans

by Anonymousreply 54March 7, 2018 7:55 PM

The only other thing I think it's likely that they'd go to is the GLAAD Awards (assuming CMBYN is gonna win) but if Timmy's back in New York at that point then I doubt he'd bother.

by Anonymousreply 55March 7, 2018 10:19 PM

Hot Summer Nights will be released July 27th in theaters and probably around a month or so before on DirecTV.

by Anonymousreply 56March 8, 2018 1:09 AM

How does he even find these weirdass tweets?btw,sorry to bother you trailer coming out this sunday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 8, 2018 3:56 AM

He searches his name.

by Anonymousreply 58March 8, 2018 3:58 AM

petty

by Anonymousreply 59March 8, 2018 4:21 AM

R57 and of course Xavier tweeted too lol

by Anonymousreply 60March 8, 2018 6:08 AM

[quote]I'm kinda curious about them following each other tbh. Seems a bit random.

How could anything these two do with each other be called "random"?

by Anonymousreply 61March 8, 2018 7:16 AM

More from the guy at R57

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 8, 2018 7:41 AM

Ugh, r62: "queer"

by Anonymousreply 63March 8, 2018 7:43 AM

I know, major pet peeve there R63 and, frankly, his throwing around value judgements (mediocre blahblah) doesn't help his case either.

OTOH there's the accusation of the actors playing up their friendship to 'queerbait' (the way I see it, it's more fangirl-bait) which I can agree on (I hate it when celebrities play it ambiguous just to garner attention) and yet I also resent it. I like how close they are, or seem to be. I've never thought they were anything but good friends and both actors are straight in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 64March 8, 2018 7:52 AM

Their friendship is not queer baiting, they hung out even before the promo tour.

by Anonymousreply 65March 8, 2018 7:59 AM

If they were females nobody would calle their friendship gay-bait or fangirl-bait....just friendship. it's not their problem teens have issues with their own sexual life.

by Anonymousreply 66March 8, 2018 8:00 AM

Austin..dunno where

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 8, 2018 8:04 AM

With PTA. Armie really looks younger and better when casual. He was seen arriving in Texas but not with Tim..where is he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 8, 2018 8:59 AM

Well, TC only needs to be present today. Maybe he decided to stay a little longer with his family and co. Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 69March 8, 2018 9:11 AM

Anyway, could this be legit? A new movie by Greta Gerwing with Saoirse and Timmy in 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 8, 2018 9:45 AM

r67 I wonder why the nearly twin outfits.

by Anonymousreply 71March 8, 2018 11:58 AM

PTA is cute.

by Anonymousreply 72March 8, 2018 12:11 PM

Last guy is Richard Linklater,iconic director of Before Sunrise/Midnight, Boyhood ,A Scanner Darkly and plenty more. Armie better kiss some ass.

by Anonymousreply 73March 8, 2018 2:45 PM

Didn't he say he'd like to work with PTA too?

by Anonymousreply 74March 8, 2018 2:56 PM

R74 he said the same director Tim usually say..so pretty much everybody

by Anonymousreply 75March 8, 2018 3:14 PM

I swear that Timmy's ig stories are very cryptic i.e. black background with two sleeping emoji lol

by Anonymousreply 76March 8, 2018 5:21 PM

I assume what you're trying to get at is was he hinting to us that he was sleeping beside someone? I highly doubt he'd do that. I seriously wouldn't read too much into it. I mean who uses just one emoji at a time anyway?

by Anonymousreply 77March 8, 2018 5:28 PM

No, no, that's not what I was referring to. I really find his ig stories weird in a funny way ( does that make sense?)

by Anonymousreply 78March 8, 2018 5:30 PM

Oh, sorry for assuming. I thought that's what you meant. But you are right, he's very random with what he puts on his story.

by Anonymousreply 79March 8, 2018 5:34 PM

Armie said at the press brunch today that they're not going to Tokyo anymore.

by Anonymousreply 80March 8, 2018 5:51 PM

Oh, what a bummer! Why?

by Anonymousreply 81March 8, 2018 5:53 PM

He said they were just gone and there was nothing else to say about the film anymore but I assume scheduling conflicts may have played into it too.

by Anonymousreply 82March 8, 2018 5:53 PM

*They were just done.

by Anonymousreply 83March 8, 2018 5:54 PM

Anyway I really liked how he asked Timmy to present his award haha “Hey Timmy, it’s Armie, yeah, do you remember when I spent 15 months crawling around the world handing you awards all the time? I’m calling in my favor. “

by Anonymousreply 84March 8, 2018 5:55 PM

Well, but he shouldn't have had anything for this month, same for Timmy, he's free until June.

by Anonymousreply 85March 8, 2018 5:56 PM

We don't know that, things pop up all the time on short notice. We don't know when Armie is meant to be filming that movie.

by Anonymousreply 86March 8, 2018 5:57 PM

You mean the thriller one, right? Well, either before the play or after?

by Anonymousreply 87March 8, 2018 5:58 PM

Maybe they all just decided the Oscars was the best place to end the experience and move on.

by Anonymousreply 88March 8, 2018 5:58 PM

I'd assumed they would want to do it before the play considering it's meant to be out next March and it needs to go through post-production.

by Anonymousreply 89March 8, 2018 6:01 PM

Oh well, if the modern family vacation doesn't happen, their next meeting will be during summer. Do we know something more about the King? New cast members?

by Anonymousreply 90March 8, 2018 6:07 PM

I'm sure they'll meet up anytime they're in LA/NY.

Christian Navarro will be in The King along with Timmy and Robert.

by Anonymousreply 91March 8, 2018 6:09 PM

Armie talking about why he chose Timmy to present his award to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 8, 2018 6:52 PM

LOL. He´s absolutely right in calling in a favor .... but let´s face it, it´s not like Timmy would dare to desobey him anyway!. ( Remember the" come to this party as soon as you land in NY" and then the "sit down gesture "). We´re gonna miss them.

by Anonymousreply 93March 8, 2018 7:06 PM

I really hope E lets us know when they all meet, she's the only one...le sigh.

by Anonymousreply 94March 8, 2018 7:11 PM

I’ll bet SPC scrapped the Tokyo tour. I’m sure it wouldn’t have been cost effective to continue a globetrotting tour for a film which has pretty much reached the end of its theatrical run and is already available for streaming and purchase in most markets or will be very soon.

by Anonymousreply 95March 8, 2018 7:14 PM

Of course it´s been SPC. They have no say in these things.

by Anonymousreply 96March 8, 2018 8:12 PM

Soooo, nobody really touched upon the possible new Greta/Saoirse/Timmy film. Do we think it's real or???

by Anonymousreply 97March 8, 2018 8:28 PM

Why would it not be for real, R97?

by Anonymousreply 98March 8, 2018 8:28 PM

R98 No specific reason. There's just nothing else about it anywhere online.

by Anonymousreply 99March 8, 2018 8:32 PM

He was right to ask Timothee to present because who else would speak so adoringly of him? Joe Maganiello who seems barely literate? Armie seems close to Guy Ritchie's producing partner Lionel Wigram but I can't think of any of Armie's peers who he could have asked.

by Anonymousreply 100March 8, 2018 8:32 PM

I would think is that was Greta’s next project the announcement would’ve come in the trade papers.

by Anonymousreply 101March 8, 2018 8:36 PM

So I was the one who posted about Greta's movie and I'm a bit skeptical about it too. I mean, according to that site the movie should be out in 2019 then when will they shoot it? Shouldn't some papers announce it as they did with The King?

by Anonymousreply 102March 8, 2018 8:41 PM

It seems a bit "too good to be true" tbh...

by Anonymousreply 103March 8, 2018 8:45 PM

Yeah, I saw the release date and thought it was a little odd, too. Surely Variety or the likes would have been all over breaking the news. If it is true though, I hope they change the name. "Dawn in South France" doesn't have a good ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 104March 8, 2018 8:45 PM

yeah the name seems more like a fashion editorial title.

by Anonymousreply 105March 8, 2018 8:47 PM

"Too good to be true" is the exact thought I had when I saw it. Like Timmy and Saoirse with Greta in South France? Throw in some other Oscar winners/nominees. Sure, Jan...

by Anonymousreply 106March 8, 2018 8:47 PM

The only place I saw it mentioned earlier this morning was some Polish? film site so nope, don’t buy it.

by Anonymousreply 107March 8, 2018 8:52 PM

Reading the supposed plot, it almost sounds like a very reworked and twisted version of the play/film The Seagull which Saoirse is in. Obviously it would be a lot different than The Seagull, but the whole idea of an actress going to stay at an estate just has similar undertones.

by Anonymousreply 108March 8, 2018 8:54 PM

And the surnames of the characters wtf, Blondell? Bardot? Verne? Moreau? ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 8, 2018 8:57 PM

Franchot and Belo lmfao

by Anonymousreply 110March 8, 2018 9:01 PM

I could definitely see Luca doing a movie like that, but it just doesn't seem like Greta's style.

by Anonymousreply 111March 8, 2018 9:03 PM

In Austin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 8, 2018 9:07 PM

Yep, Armie looks the best in casual clothes.

by Anonymousreply 113March 8, 2018 9:09 PM

haha the poor girl next to Armie standing on her tiptoes

by Anonymousreply 114March 8, 2018 9:09 PM

He's wide chested but he's actually pretty slim. His legs are really skinny

by Anonymousreply 115March 8, 2018 9:11 PM

If T is doing something to gain weight, it´s not working.

by Anonymousreply 116March 8, 2018 9:21 PM

Don't call him "T."

by Anonymousreply 117March 8, 2018 9:22 PM

Timmy's now deleted Instagram post. Weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 8, 2018 9:28 PM

What's that, no picture?

by Anonymousreply 119March 8, 2018 9:29 PM

Yeah it was just blank but Elizabeth still liked it.

by Anonymousreply 120March 8, 2018 9:30 PM

Looking at Armie's IMDB, the guys is prolific with 4-5 movies every year. Granted he doesn't need to make money so can afford to do many indies but who the heck gives this dumb ninny chance after chance. Yes he was decent in CMBYN but this guy is a massive baby with not much talent to boot. He has 5 or 6 movies coming up. WTH? Mysterious.

by Anonymousreply 121March 8, 2018 9:33 PM

R121 Anne Helen, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 122March 8, 2018 9:34 PM

Cryptic messages..he's telling us something for sure.

by Anonymousreply 123March 8, 2018 9:34 PM

This year he only has 2 and the play...Hotel Mumbai is still a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 124March 8, 2018 9:34 PM

Wait, so the picture Timmy posted was blank from the very beginning? Who's the buddy?

by Anonymousreply 125March 8, 2018 9:36 PM

It was just blank. I don't know if it was a phone/photo malfunction but Elizabeth still liked it so maybe an inside joke.

by Anonymousreply 126March 8, 2018 9:37 PM

Is the buddy he's referring to himself or what?

by Anonymousreply 127March 8, 2018 9:37 PM

Oh man, this thing is too deep for me lol

by Anonymousreply 128March 8, 2018 9:39 PM

Most likely it was just a phone/Instagram glitch, so he deleted the blank image.

by Anonymousreply 129March 8, 2018 9:40 PM

R121 Next you'll argue their opinion doesn't matter because they have a bad haircut or something like that. Grow up. YOu sound like Armie

by Anonymousreply 130March 8, 2018 9:47 PM

He posted this and then deleted again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 8, 2018 10:17 PM

He just posted the blank again too and then deleted

by Anonymousreply 132March 8, 2018 10:22 PM

Is that Timmy on the left, R131?

by Anonymousreply 133March 8, 2018 10:22 PM

R133 Uh no, they look nothing alike haha.

by Anonymousreply 134March 8, 2018 10:24 PM

Okay he got it right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 8, 2018 10:25 PM

For a while, I thought Timmy meant to say that Armie's buddy is all the white folks in Texas

by Anonymousreply 136March 8, 2018 10:40 PM

Armie's pecs look nice.

by Anonymousreply 137March 8, 2018 10:47 PM

Slow news day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138March 8, 2018 10:58 PM

I really hope his ego stays down.

by Anonymousreply 139March 8, 2018 11:21 PM

The Weeknd...oh boy

by Anonymousreply 140March 8, 2018 11:24 PM

Yeah, gross.

by Anonymousreply 141March 8, 2018 11:25 PM

If he's gonna hang out with someone's Selena Gomez has dated, better The Weeknd than Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 142March 8, 2018 11:29 PM

Or he could just not hang out with any of the three because they all seem like douchey idiots.

by Anonymousreply 143March 8, 2018 11:31 PM

How credible is Page Six?

by Anonymousreply 144March 8, 2018 11:39 PM

Armie's mom is there so I guess she's meeting Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 145March 9, 2018 12:12 AM

She's there because it's not about CMBYN specifically but about Armie's career in general, no?

by Anonymousreply 146March 9, 2018 12:28 AM

Yes but she will still be meeting Timmy as he is there with them.

by Anonymousreply 147March 9, 2018 12:29 AM

Timmy is enjoying himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148March 9, 2018 12:39 AM

He better watch out what he says on that stage!. Going from hanging out with The Weeknd to hanging out with these old rich people in just a couple nights. I wonder what he prefers. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 149March 9, 2018 12:40 AM

I'm pretty sure he prefers hanging out with Armie and PTA than pretty much anyone.

by Anonymousreply 150March 9, 2018 12:41 AM

Lol hopefully he won't mention anything about "crawling all over" Armie in front of Armie's homophobic mother.

by Anonymousreply 151March 9, 2018 12:46 AM

- Someone had a long night last night. His eyes look tired and sleepy. He´s finally living la vida loca! - I bet he looks too casual today for Armie´s mother taste. - It´s the second time I see him wearing a watch. The first one was at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 152March 9, 2018 1:11 AM

What a handsome man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 9, 2018 1:11 AM

His eyes always look tired and sleepy. But he flew to Austin last night, not the night before so yes he probably is tired.

by Anonymousreply 154March 9, 2018 1:13 AM

PTA is there as Timmy's bodyguard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 9, 2018 1:39 AM

Those fucking annoying girls screaming for Timmy when it's not even about him.

by Anonymousreply 156March 9, 2018 1:40 AM

"I'll have what Armie is having"? What? A twink?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157March 9, 2018 1:51 AM

And PTA said in front of Armie’s homophobic mother....

Love it

by Anonymousreply 158March 9, 2018 2:01 AM

Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 9, 2018 2:08 AM

PTA that kinky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 160March 9, 2018 2:15 AM

I must have missed something. Who is PTA???

by Anonymousreply 161March 9, 2018 2:34 AM

Paul Thomas Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 162March 9, 2018 2:37 AM

Well guess that's the CMBYN era officially over. Been fun.

Will leave you with this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 9, 2018 4:39 AM

Here's to Timmy, Armie, Luca, Michael, Amira and Sufjan...and Mafalfa and Anchise

Part of me will always be in Crema

Arrivederci peaches

by Anonymousreply 164March 9, 2018 4:56 AM

Timmy's speech part one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 9, 2018 5:10 AM

Part two

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 9, 2018 5:11 AM

Part three

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 9, 2018 5:12 AM

Seems like he got a little choked up. Wish he'd said what the joke between him and Elizabeth was.

by Anonymousreply 168March 9, 2018 5:28 AM

So in the end did Timmy meet Armie's mom? Do we have some pictures with her?

by Anonymousreply 169March 9, 2018 5:59 AM

Timmy seems hyper-conscious now to not to feed the imaginations of shippers. He caught himself a couple of times in that speech making statements that could be fantasy fodder and corrected himself.

by Anonymousreply 170March 9, 2018 6:05 AM

I think it's good, no?

by Anonymousreply 171March 9, 2018 6:08 AM

I mean the shipping sometimes can go overboard, so it's best to draw a line.

by Anonymousreply 172March 9, 2018 6:12 AM

[quote]I’ll bet SPC scrapped the Tokyo tour. I’m sure it wouldn’t have been cost effective to continue a globetrotting tour for a film which has pretty much reached the end of its theatrical run and is already available for streaming and purchase in most markets or will be very soon.

In one of those articles in the runup to the Oscars talking about the new wave of younger, more diverse Academy members, there was (anonymous) criticism of SPC's handling of the film's PR, with specific mentions of how the publicity tour for the film was too long and ultimately off-putting for some. One actor criticized such long campaigns as 'killing their cast'. It really wouldn't serve much purpose to send them to Japan at this point. I do think they are played out and 'done', as Armie said. Probably the adrenaline surrounding the Oscar noms was all that was keeping them going for some time.

by Anonymousreply 173March 9, 2018 6:16 AM

I think he's always kind of stopped himself from saying too much about Armie, it's not anything new. But yeah it's a good thing. He was able to get across what he meant in that speech. He must have met Armie's mom because they had a dinner before the awards but no pictures.

by Anonymousreply 174March 9, 2018 6:19 AM

I'm really curious to know what he thinks of her...or what Dru thinks of him?

by Anonymousreply 175March 9, 2018 6:22 AM

Well I don't see any reason why he would like her, he already made an offhand comment about her being possessed in the interview with Andy Cohen and he's talked about how lucky he feels to have his parents accept his career in comparison to Armie's. Who knows about the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 176March 9, 2018 6:30 AM

[quote]Who knows about the other way around.

She wants to give him a hand job. Ask me. I know.

by Anonymousreply 177March 9, 2018 6:37 AM

R177 Donna Madonna he's too old for you now.

by Anonymousreply 178March 9, 2018 7:10 AM

when is the trailer for this coming out ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 9, 2018 8:11 AM

haha fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 9, 2018 8:22 AM

R179 Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 181March 9, 2018 8:36 AM

R180 that's hilarious

by Anonymousreply 182March 9, 2018 9:07 AM

Also, doesn't Armie have to do some promo for the Final Portrait? I remember that E said so in one article...

by Anonymousreply 183March 9, 2018 9:13 AM

R183 In theory he had to at this very event....I think he will be doing a lot more promotion for Sorry to bother you.

by Anonymousreply 184March 9, 2018 9:33 AM

Ah, ok! Thanks. What about On the basis of sex?

by Anonymousreply 185March 9, 2018 9:38 AM

On the Basis of Sex will wait until fall.

by Anonymousreply 186March 9, 2018 9:43 AM

Is there more context for PTA saying he'll have what Armie's having? Because... weird.

by Anonymousreply 187March 9, 2018 9:55 AM

When Armie had the mic he was speaking about the bar and alcohol so probably something to do with that.

by Anonymousreply 188March 9, 2018 10:24 AM

I think PTA knew it would be taken out of context...he's a fox. BTW he's really cute,he actually was very good looking when younger, he has great eyes

by Anonymousreply 189March 9, 2018 10:36 AM

I don't think PTA is having the hyperactive, over-analyzing, desperate-for-my-imaginary-ship fangirls in mind when he speaks, at least I hope he doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 190March 9, 2018 10:55 AM

It was just a joke, even if he knew it would have been taken out of context.

by Anonymousreply 191March 9, 2018 11:09 AM

Timothée is trying not to feed the shippers, but Armie has to be more discreet. Armie is very intense in his manifestations of affection.

by Anonymousreply 192March 9, 2018 11:22 AM

Isn't it sad that they should change their manifestations of affection just because a bunch of women are delusional? And they'll complain afterwards about toxic masculinity not allowing close friendships between men, when all they do when two guys are close is sexualixe their bond.

by Anonymousreply 193March 9, 2018 11:25 AM

I don't think Armie will change anything in his behaviour...I mean, he doesn't give a fuck. Also, Timmy is only vocal about it, but not in his body language. Give it some time and shippers will calm down.

by Anonymousreply 194March 9, 2018 11:28 AM

I kinda feel bad for Armie. Like the whole thing was supposed to be about him, yet let's face it most people were probably there for Timmy. Like the amount of fan pics with Timmy is insane and then there's like maybe 5 of Armie. I know it's not Timmy's fault or anything .

by Anonymousreply 195March 9, 2018 11:31 AM

R190 also mine was just a harmless joke....he's one of the best directors out there of course he doesn't need any of that.

by Anonymousreply 196March 9, 2018 11:33 AM

I don't think either of them are trying to not feed the shippers. I truly doubt they give a shit. I think Timmy is trying not to take the attention from Armie, knowing a lot of the screaming girls were there for him rather than Armie. And the thing we're he kind of stops himself before saying too much, he's done it in previous events, before the shipping got as big.

by Anonymousreply 197March 9, 2018 11:34 AM

R195 It's just that Timmy at the moment is the IT boy or whatever...also, only the fan girls were there for Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 198March 9, 2018 11:35 AM

R195 and you think he didn't know? I don't think Armie would be comfortable with 15 yo kids screaming for him....

by Anonymousreply 199March 9, 2018 11:35 AM

R197 I agree. He doesn't want to overshadow Armie and so on, also he's perfectly aware of Timmy's fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 200March 9, 2018 11:37 AM

Just out of curiosity, but what does Armie fanbase consist mostly of?

by Anonymousreply 201March 9, 2018 11:38 AM

I mean poor Armie my ass...he's hot,young and rich and his career is doing great and going the direction he wants it to go...he got nods from critics and audience alike...he has harmless and occasional small drama to keep the kids interested,but his public persona is so quiet and safe it would be too boring not to stir some little shit here and there...all in all boy is having the the best time of his life on and off the screen.

by Anonymousreply 202March 9, 2018 11:40 AM

R201 I think he gets attention from all sort of people,female/male teen to older women and men,he has a fair share of gay followers and non-white followers...he doesn't have the hysteria Tim has because he's married with kids.....if he were single I can only imagine the mess

by Anonymousreply 203March 9, 2018 11:42 AM

If Armie didn't want hoards of screaming girls there then he wouldn't have asked Timmy to give him the award. He knew exactly what was going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 204March 9, 2018 11:44 AM

R203 Ok, instead Timmy has only mostly teen girls? Some diversity?

by Anonymousreply 205March 9, 2018 11:44 AM

Timmy has mostly teen girls, it's very obvious at the moment, but hopefully this will change when attention gets diverted to another young male celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 206March 9, 2018 11:47 AM

Yeah, and while he's growing up. I mean, Robert had the same problem, no? Now, I don't think many fan girls are still stuck to him...

by Anonymousreply 207March 9, 2018 11:50 AM

R205 Tim is very respected and prob more taken into consideration from movies insiders but he has kinda exploded as a "it boy" and the little girls have now invaded his social space and this is a problem for anyone older than 23-24 for obvious reasons. It would be a pity that his skills or debating his next movie will be lost in the massive conversations about who is dating,or how cute he is.....but if he is smart in a couple of years or less another it boy will take his place and he will do just fine way before turning 30.

by Anonymousreply 208March 9, 2018 11:52 AM

OT but have most people on here seen Timmy's other work besides Call Me By Your Name and Ladybird? Anyone seen Miss Stevens or his other stuff? Is it worth the watch?

by Anonymousreply 209March 9, 2018 11:53 AM

Yes, Miss Stevens! Worth to watch it!

by Anonymousreply 210March 9, 2018 11:55 AM

[quote]Anyone seen Miss Stevens or his other stuff? Is it worth the watch?

Oh, yes. SEE Miss Stevens.

by Anonymousreply 211March 9, 2018 11:55 AM

He was marvelous in Miss Stevens. Put everyone else to shame (besides Rabe). Watch it.

by Anonymousreply 212March 9, 2018 11:56 AM

Also, his chemistry with Rabe was sooo good.

by Anonymousreply 213March 9, 2018 11:57 AM

Thanks! I'll check it out then.

by Anonymousreply 214March 9, 2018 11:58 AM

Also, if you're interested in seeing prime Lil Timmy Tim content check out Spinners

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 9, 2018 11:58 AM

How was One and Two?

by Anonymousreply 216March 9, 2018 11:59 AM

R216 Kiernan Shipka is cute, so there's that. In other words, it's fine but it's a one of a kind genre film so it's not a crowd pleaser

by Anonymousreply 217March 9, 2018 12:10 PM

One and Two was alright. More focused on Kiernan's character than Timmy's. A one-time watch.

by Anonymousreply 218March 9, 2018 12:13 PM

Another vote for Miss Stevens. Lily is great in it.

by Anonymousreply 219March 9, 2018 12:42 PM

please let this pan out smoothly.I can't wait for the sequel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 9, 2018 2:07 PM

"Still, while Chalamet has been catapulted into global stardom as a result of his Oscar-nominated turn, Hammer’s last few months have been marked by bumpier circumstances, including a series of Twitter feuds that have led him to quit the platform on multiple occasions."

Really? So unnecessary and this exaggerated forms of reposting even the most banal of things are so tiring,it really seems like people are rooting for him to fail or be a shit person at all costs...

Armie has a well received movie from Sundance,Final Portrait is not for everybody but it's very well made and he's a solid co-protagonist,his next project is with one of the best new production studios in HW and one of the most interesting directors for recent horrors....why would they have to piss on someone's career just because the other actor has more followers on IG?

The sad irony of all this is that the one whowould feel like shit reading that is Tim himself.

by Anonymousreply 221March 9, 2018 2:30 PM

[quote]why would they have to piss on someone's career just because the other actor has more followers on IG?

We see it constantly on DL, cunts cunting because celebrities have or have not tweeted about their cuntescence du jour. Nothing is real until it is noticed on Twitter (and now IG, I guess).

by Anonymousreply 222March 9, 2018 2:33 PM

Yeah if it's not viral then it's shit. If Call Me didn't reach this success, they would have stumbled upon Tim completely oblivious of his talent just because he didn't have enough followers on IG. This validation by digital numbers has ruined an entire generation.

by Anonymousreply 223March 9, 2018 2:41 PM

R170 why do you think Timmy's speech wanted to inhibit chargers?

by Anonymousreply 224March 9, 2018 3:28 PM

"He looked relieved to have the Oscar season behind him, and passed on a request to promote the movie in Japan this week. Instead, he called in a favor to have Chalamet present him with the Texas award (“I’ve given you like 20 of these,” he said in his speech later that night). “Everyone’s just happy to have it done,” Hammer said. “We all supported each other. This would’ve been a much different process if we didn’t actually love each other.”

How's the promotion going to be in Japan?

by Anonymousreply 225March 9, 2018 3:36 PM

They're not going to Japan.

by Anonymousreply 226March 9, 2018 3:37 PM

R221 completely agree.These "poor Edith" comparisons are so unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 227March 9, 2018 3:40 PM

R227 lazy “journalists” who have deadlines and word counts to fulfill.

by Anonymousreply 228March 9, 2018 3:43 PM

A beautiful french girl with a mustache.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229March 9, 2018 4:14 PM

I can't picture a Call me sequel without Armie having a major role in it...I mean, that's the whole point of the second movie: to see them both mature and make choices.

by Anonymousreply 230March 9, 2018 4:31 PM

I am sure there will be.He's just saying even if there isn't, he will still work with Luca.

by Anonymousreply 231March 9, 2018 4:35 PM

He was just being overly humble. Ppl want to see what happens to them in connection to each other and not just Elio and even less other characters like Oliver's wife or Marzia or Elio's parents...no matter how much of an art-house movie Luca wants to do he's not an idiot to not know the sequel already has a fan base and can be potentially way bigger than the first and he's not going to reduce the two main protagonists' roles.

by Anonymousreply 232March 9, 2018 4:39 PM

r229 An ugly cunt with a keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 233March 9, 2018 4:40 PM

I think he's gorgeous. I also think he looks like a girl with a mustache. Both are definitely not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 234March 9, 2018 4:43 PM

R234 besides having androgynous or delicate features is not an insult...lol I really thought it was meant to be a compliment at first

by Anonymousreply 235March 9, 2018 4:45 PM

It was. I love how androgynous he look some times. I guess some people are a bit paranoid about their faves here.

by Anonymousreply 236March 9, 2018 4:53 PM

R236 so I guessed right and I agree. Moderate masculine traits on females or feminine on males are typically extra qualities for me.

by Anonymousreply 237March 9, 2018 5:05 PM

Off topic did Timmy follow Tom Holland back?

by Anonymousreply 238March 9, 2018 5:34 PM

R238 Yes he did, sometime yesterday afternoon

by Anonymousreply 239March 9, 2018 5:37 PM

Yeah, at least he's better than Harry lol

by Anonymousreply 240March 9, 2018 5:39 PM

Now that cmbyn is done...we still talk Tim and Armie and occasional call me related stuff here right? I mean lol I have a difficult time separating them. Armie and Tim won't get tons of updates daily to have two separate threads right?

by Anonymousreply 241March 9, 2018 6:12 PM

Yes! We keep on discussing them here.

by Anonymousreply 242March 9, 2018 6:20 PM

Chances of them heading to London next week for the Empire Awards?

by Anonymousreply 243March 9, 2018 6:30 PM

Mmm..we kind of discussed it and so far most of us think there are slim chances...

by Anonymousreply 244March 9, 2018 6:33 PM

I feel like chances of Timmy going are higher than Armie going, but I still wouldn't bet money on it.

by Anonymousreply 245March 9, 2018 6:36 PM

Is Armie even nominated?

by Anonymousreply 246March 9, 2018 6:47 PM

Never mind, I just checked.

by Anonymousreply 247March 9, 2018 6:49 PM

Do the Empire Awards tell the winners in advance? If no they definitely wont go. If Timmy won (I assume Armie wouldn't have) then maybe but honestly what's the point when he can just go home and get it sent to him.

by Anonymousreply 248March 9, 2018 7:12 PM

Maybe Armie has better chances at winning this time, the other ones are Hugh Jackman and Boyega.

by Anonymousreply 249March 9, 2018 7:18 PM

They're fan voted so nah. CMBYN only made slightly more than 2mil in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 250March 9, 2018 7:27 PM

I wonder how long he's going to stay in Austin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 9, 2018 8:50 PM

Maybe he'll stay to see some stuff at SXSW.

by Anonymousreply 252March 9, 2018 8:52 PM

Final Portrait is showing there today

by Anonymousreply 253March 9, 2018 8:54 PM

So he's still with Armie?

by Anonymousreply 254March 9, 2018 8:57 PM

I don't think he's been seen with Armie today but he's still in Austin.

by Anonymousreply 255March 9, 2018 8:59 PM

Seems like things are progressing with the sequel.

As it turns out, the actors got the pitch, too. “Dude, he broke down the whole script for us,” Hammer told IndieWire during a brief conversation in Austin, where he was in town to be honored by the Texas Film Awards at the Austin Film Society’s annual fundraiser. “I mean, it’s not a finished script, but he’s got all the ideas for it. Luca’s all gung-ho about it, and by the way, if Luca’s doing it, I think we’re all gung-ho about it.”

Hammer said that while he expected to remain a major figure in the story, he would be willing to return for a supporting part, too. “You know, the experience of making the first one was so pure and beautiful that it wouldn’t matter how big my role was,” he said. “If the same people are involved, I’d do it all over again.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256March 9, 2018 9:06 PM

Isn't HSN supposed to screen at SXSW on Sunday?

by Anonymousreply 257March 9, 2018 9:09 PM

No I don't think so, it already screened there last year.

by Anonymousreply 258March 9, 2018 9:12 PM

R258 ah,ok, my bad. I just saw it on the timothee chalamet updates on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 259March 9, 2018 9:15 PM

Timmy is using his time wisely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 9, 2018 9:26 PM

Yep, so Armie and co. went back to LA, I guess?

by Anonymousreply 261March 9, 2018 9:33 PM

No, Armie and Elizabeth are still in Austin.

by Anonymousreply 262March 9, 2018 9:34 PM

Armie has two films screening at SXSW and Elizabeth is also speaking at a conference there.

by Anonymousreply 263March 9, 2018 9:36 PM

R262 R263 ok, thanks for the updates!

by Anonymousreply 264March 9, 2018 9:42 PM

Please Tim and Armie let your next movies not be THIS bad...holy shit holy shit....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265March 9, 2018 9:43 PM

R260 lol boy knows how to network

by Anonymousreply 266March 9, 2018 9:45 PM

Well Timmy and Armie's mom's head are in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267March 9, 2018 10:23 PM

What the hell is Elizabeth doing to her hair?She looks like a q-tip.

by Anonymousreply 268March 9, 2018 10:28 PM

Looks fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 269March 9, 2018 10:31 PM

So a fan IG account is saying that Timmy is leaving Austin today and told him to "enjoy your vacation"

by Anonymousreply 270March 9, 2018 10:33 PM

Wait, looks like they just edited the vacation part out of the caption.

by Anonymousreply 271March 9, 2018 10:34 PM

R270 Link?

by Anonymousreply 272March 9, 2018 10:35 PM

R272 They've taken the vacation part out of the caption now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 9, 2018 10:37 PM

Is that Bigfoot on his shirt? lol

by Anonymousreply 274March 9, 2018 10:38 PM

Love Timmy’s Sasquatch shirt ^^^

by Anonymousreply 275March 9, 2018 10:38 PM

ignore the blogs just linking for the photo.Timmy hugging Armie's mom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 9, 2018 10:39 PM

I hope he asked her "Do you think I'm possessed too?"

by Anonymousreply 277March 9, 2018 10:41 PM

Let me hug you thanks the good Lord your'e not really gay!

by Anonymousreply 278March 9, 2018 10:41 PM

So he's not gonna on vacation with Armie....le sigh it's really over then.

by Anonymousreply 279March 9, 2018 10:43 PM

I mean, that IG account could have just assumed he was heading out on vacation, but then decided to change it because they aren't sure?? Or maybe they just meant more along the lines of enjoy your time off

by Anonymousreply 280March 9, 2018 10:45 PM

Lol at the overanalyzing, gay fetishisation and confirmation bias going on in that blog R276

by Anonymousreply 281March 9, 2018 10:47 PM

Yeah I don't know that IG account knows that he's leaving Texas or going on vacation.

by Anonymousreply 282March 9, 2018 10:48 PM

*Don't know how that IG account knows.

by Anonymousreply 283March 9, 2018 10:48 PM

Yeah me either, unless that account spoke to fans who met him and they said he mentioned he was leaving? idk

by Anonymousreply 284March 9, 2018 10:51 PM

Do we know if Timmy's film Beautiful Boy is going to any film festivals? I know it's releasing in October.

by Anonymousreply 285March 9, 2018 11:00 PM

I never thought Timothee was serious when he talked about the invite to the Grand Caymans. There are a few things that he and Armie has said in interviews and I think the joke aspect is lost on people who want to read more into it. Do people really think Armie sees Timothee in his childhood memories? That comment came after Timothee joked about being on the press tour for 7 years.

by Anonymousreply 286March 9, 2018 11:04 PM

The release date suggests it will be at the Fall festivals.

by Anonymousreply 287March 9, 2018 11:05 PM

Probably TIFF and Telluride.

by Anonymousreply 288March 9, 2018 11:07 PM

I agree about the childhood memories thing being a joke but there's no real obvious joke with the vacation thing. Although of course it was in print and translated from French so there could be subtext we're missing.

by Anonymousreply 289March 9, 2018 11:15 PM

mccounaughey was there too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 10, 2018 12:08 AM

I know objectively McConwhatever is an attractive guy but next to Armie, he just looks like A Guy.

by Anonymousreply 291March 10, 2018 12:23 AM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292March 10, 2018 12:37 AM

I pour water on the theater seat in front of me because even when the place is empty there's always a fat cunt who wants to park her ass right in front of me.

by Anonymousreply 293March 10, 2018 1:12 AM

I feel like we haven't objectified him in a while so...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294March 10, 2018 1:13 AM

Timmy and Armie look so fking beautiful together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 10, 2018 2:33 AM

What happened to her, Elizabeth? Did she swallow?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296March 10, 2018 2:37 AM

No, I don't want a handshake. I just want to hug you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297March 10, 2018 2:39 AM

Timmy's IG story says he's still in Austin and Elizabeth is playing Gucci Gang in the car. So either he's with them or he's really had an influence on their taste in music.

by Anonymousreply 298March 10, 2018 5:23 AM

Maybe he's with them?

by Anonymousreply 299March 10, 2018 5:53 AM

Yeah I'm pretty sure he is considering his IG story is him in the front seat of a car listening to Frank Ocean then a few minutes later Elizabeth's is in the back seat listening to Gucci Gang.

by Anonymousreply 300March 10, 2018 5:57 AM

I don't know maybe he'll leave on Sunday? When Armie is done with the SXSW screening of his movies.

by Anonymousreply 301March 10, 2018 6:02 AM

Yep here we are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 10, 2018 6:11 AM

More.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303March 10, 2018 6:16 AM

Wow, 2 posts, I'm amazed haha

by Anonymousreply 304March 10, 2018 6:17 AM

So he's he going back home today?

by Anonymousreply 305March 10, 2018 6:22 AM

No idea.

by Anonymousreply 306March 10, 2018 6:23 AM

You´d think he would be in a hurry to go back to NY and stay with his old friends and instead he´s spending several days in Austin with the Hammers and their friends. Once again, that´s not bad per se but come on ... who 22 year old does that?. Fascinating guy.

by Anonymousreply 307March 10, 2018 8:46 AM

that's not a sentence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308March 10, 2018 8:52 AM

R307 Well they have been the people to transfer him from his old life to his new life. They were the only ones there 2 years ago in Crema that are also being invited to these showbiz events that he goes to and they were the people that knew him before everyone else did. They took him in in LA when he knew no one and introduced him to new people. And they've accepted this 22-year-old into their lives in a major way which they really didn't have to do. I imagine he feels that they're his safety net in a way, the people that understand how things used to be and how things are now. His old friends can't really relate to a lot of what he's going through at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 309March 10, 2018 8:55 AM

Not to say Tim is too big to hung around with his old friends but this is a massive change for him and I wouldn't be surprised if at a certain point he will move on to people who are more connected to his new A star,not because of a question of being famous but because they cannot feel what it feels like for him anymore. It's rare stars keep their old friends that close once they make it,because their worlds are simply too different.

by Anonymousreply 310March 10, 2018 9:00 AM

I meant A list status.

by Anonymousreply 311March 10, 2018 9:01 AM

It's not weird to me that Timmy wants to hang out with someone that has been famous for far longer than he has rather than his normal friends. I find it weirder that Armie, Elizabeth and their pals want to hang out with Timmy so much.

by Anonymousreply 312March 10, 2018 10:11 AM

Maybe he's just a cool ass 22 year old that older and younger people enjoy hanging out with. I understand why he seems to prefer to hang out with people older then him most of the time. I think he's a little too intelligent/mature to be able to relate to people his own age. I mean, just look at that one HSN interview he did with the rest of the cast. It's like night and day between him and the other three.

by Anonymousreply 313March 10, 2018 10:23 AM

Armie and co. hung out all time Tim or not....it's not weird...that's what people do,maybe regular people with regular lives and jobs don't get to do it. I hung out with people who could be my kids or people who are 30 and plus years older because of my job all the time and it's a non issue.

by Anonymousreply 314March 10, 2018 10:30 AM

I'm talking about them hanging out outside of their work obligations which has been a regular thing for over a year now.

by Anonymousreply 315March 10, 2018 10:34 AM

I thought this was Timmy and Adam Rippon first time I saw it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 10, 2018 10:40 AM

The Hammers love him and he loves them back for all the reasons 309-310 said above. As for the Hammer´s friends , well it´s very easy to like this guy .... and the fact he could become an A list in the future doesn´t hurt either. I mean, living in LA, becoming friends with someone like that must be a big deal even if not all of them are in the business.

by Anonymousreply 317March 10, 2018 10:47 AM

R315 Me too....I worked and then I went on vacation with people I work with ,or to concerts or celebrated Xmas with them or went to the spa with *GASP* a married couple 25 years older than me! It's not that unusual to have friends way older or younger. Armie himself have way older friends,his own wife is older than him...

Also Armie is 31 not 57!

by Anonymousreply 318March 10, 2018 10:56 AM

Agree with the above posters! He likes the Hammers, the Hammers like him, problem solved. I'm more curious to know why Nikki is not with them haha

by Anonymousreply 319March 10, 2018 11:47 AM

I went to a rock concert with a 17 years old kid once (the brother of a co-worker friend of mine) who happened to be a huge fan of this band and I had nobody else to go with...I was 25 at the time....unusual?not really.....now he's 27 and I'm 35....still friends and never really felt any age gap. BTW we will meet again this summer for THE SAME BAND! You see it doesn't only happen in movies...

by Anonymousreply 320March 10, 2018 11:52 AM

R319 Because he has a job lol

by Anonymousreply 321March 10, 2018 11:54 AM

Maybe Tim is flying back with Armie and then they will head to Grand Caymen

by Anonymousreply 322March 10, 2018 12:12 PM

Laying on a beach for a couple of weeks sounds better than going back to the cold and snow in NYC

by Anonymousreply 323March 10, 2018 12:18 PM

R321 I thought his mom was the one handling everything with the estate agency, not him.

by Anonymousreply 324March 10, 2018 12:32 PM

R324 The entire family works in real estate,he is probably follow better the LA market as the family studio have 3 different locations,he's also involved to a certain extent i think in a real estate project that rents luxury homes to rich people with one of Armie's friends but I saw that like last year so I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 325March 10, 2018 12:57 PM

R325 Oh yeah, with Ashton, right?

by Anonymousreply 326March 10, 2018 1:28 PM

R326 yeah I guess it's him. Pretty sure I saw his profile somewhere, his job title was real estate broker so even if he might not look super involved or busy he def have an occupation lol.

by Anonymousreply 327March 10, 2018 1:38 PM

Timotheeeee needs to cut that hair. He looks like Fran Liebowitz.

by Anonymousreply 328March 10, 2018 1:40 PM

R328 he just needs a bath

by Anonymousreply 329March 10, 2018 1:41 PM

I wonder if Niki is jealous Timmy's taken his spot.

by Anonymousreply 330March 10, 2018 1:47 PM

Nah Nick adores Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 331March 10, 2018 2:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332March 10, 2018 2:44 PM

The screening test for " On the basis of sex" is next week.

by Anonymousreply 333March 10, 2018 2:46 PM

For this movie, R333?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334March 10, 2018 2:51 PM

There's a great chance both Armie and Tim will attend Oscars or at least the award season all over again with their upcoming movies.

by Anonymousreply 335March 10, 2018 2:52 PM

334- Yes, that one. It´s too early to tell, but according to pundits , forget about Armie, Chalamet maybe can get nominated as supporting and Lucas Hedges for sure as lead.

by Anonymousreply 336March 10, 2018 3:05 PM

I thought Beautiful Boy wasn't being well-received in test screenings.

by Anonymousreply 337March 10, 2018 3:06 PM

R336, I don't see Timmy or Lucas listed in that movie (r334).

by Anonymousreply 338March 10, 2018 3:08 PM

GQ posting Armie/Timmy fan art because why not...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 10, 2018 3:13 PM

That's not really fan art.

by Anonymousreply 340March 10, 2018 3:23 PM

338- Because they´re not working together. I was talking about " On the basis of Sex" ( Armie); " Beautiful Boy" ( Timothée) and "Boy erased" ( Lucas Hedges).

by Anonymousreply 341March 10, 2018 3:23 PM

[quote]It´s too early to tell, but according to pundits , forget about Armie, Chalamet maybe can get nominated as supporting and Lucas Hedges for sure as lead.

Well that's just silly. Armie and Lucas' films haven't been seen by anyone yet. The pundits know nothing more about their chances than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 342March 10, 2018 3:24 PM

I hope Lucas gets rave reviews for his performance, BB apparently is too mediocre for Timmy to be able to carry the whole movie and, as for On The Basis Of Sex, we'll see how the test screening goes.

by Anonymousreply 343March 10, 2018 3:26 PM

Here's what I've heard about the three:

Beautiful Boy: (Test screenings) Mediocre film with most people saying Timmy's performance is the highlight. But they chose a prime awards season release date AFTER the test screenings suggesting that they see something they want to push.

On the Basis of Sex (Script review) Armie has a significant and baity supporting role.

Boy Erased (Script review) That it's not very good basically. And it has a September release date that doesn't spell good news.

But test screenings don't screen the final versions of a film nor are most of the scripts available the final versions. So none of this is definite.

by Anonymousreply 344March 10, 2018 3:29 PM

There's another movie due out this year centered around conversion/reorientation therapy, The Miseducation of Cameron Post, that got critical acclaim at Sundance. Of course it's a female character so not competing with Hedges re. specific awards but I do fear that the similar subject matter will end up with one of them overshadowing the other.

Hammer's role should be as baity as the movie per se, Martin Ginsburg was a wonderful human being.

I trust Maura Tierney as much as I trust Timmy, or more, but BB will probably be dragged by Steve Carell unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 345March 10, 2018 3:36 PM

According to AW forum, a person who saw BB said that the movie needed serious editing and that Chalamet has good chances at being nominated again. I really hope it's true and they can manage to salvage it somehow.

by Anonymousreply 346March 10, 2018 3:40 PM

What about the WA film? Could it get released ?

by Anonymousreply 347March 10, 2018 3:44 PM

Three other people on AW however said that even with Timmy's performance being as strong as it is, the movie is so below average that there's no way he can carry it all on his own even with edits and that his performance will probably be overlooked come award season if the film is that mediocre. However, the release date is interesting. We will just have to wait and see. It's far too early to predict anything now.

by Anonymousreply 348March 10, 2018 3:46 PM

I think it's just best for people not to get their hopes up.

by Anonymousreply 349March 10, 2018 3:49 PM

R348 yeah, I really hope they can do something with this movie. It would be a pity not to get Timmy another nomination. The screening of On the Basis of Sex is on Tuesday...let's see how it goes. Also, off topic, but how does the BSA category work? I mean, is the Academy more favourable to give it to younger actors or it's the same as the BA one?

by Anonymousreply 350March 10, 2018 3:51 PM

I also read that on AW regarding Beautiful Boy. Tim might be off the wall great but the structure and lead acting by Carrel is awful and I assume since Tim would be tied will all of his scenes with Carrel it might be death to them both. I haven't liked any dramatic roles by Carrel

by Anonymousreply 351March 10, 2018 3:53 PM

There's also momentum to take into account. Timmy is THE rising star right now, he attracts fans and media and after how much his performance in CMBYN was praised, it's hard to imagine that even a bad movie could stop him being nominated again, if he does a good job playing his character of course.

by Anonymousreply 352March 10, 2018 3:53 PM

I mean, it would be great to see him nominated again, but if he isn't it won't be the end of the world. His career is just starting.

by Anonymousreply 353March 10, 2018 3:55 PM

If there's five (or more) strong performances in five strong films then his momentum wont matter unfortunately. Anyway this conversation is kind of futile at this stage.

by Anonymousreply 354March 10, 2018 3:57 PM

Tim is the rising star but now instead of two films this year he only has one . The Me Too movement has killed his lead role in theWA film and Beautiful Boy sounds problematic at best. He then has nothing until this King Hal and people like to move on to the next hot thing especially teen girls

by Anonymousreply 355March 10, 2018 3:58 PM

It seems like there are a lot of potentially award-worthy films/performances being released this year. We're just going to have to wait and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 356March 10, 2018 3:58 PM

Where is the On the Basis of Sex screening on Tuesday?

by Anonymousreply 357March 10, 2018 4:00 PM

R355 What's so "problematic" about it?

by Anonymousreply 358March 10, 2018 4:03 PM

There's Hot Summer Nights as well, R355 it's a small film but that's not a problem nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 359March 10, 2018 4:03 PM

I mention HSN not as an award-worthy movie but as a movie that could help keep him in people's minds.

by Anonymousreply 360March 10, 2018 4:05 PM

Nevermind I get it.

by Anonymousreply 361March 10, 2018 4:05 PM

Well I sincerely doubt there will be another IT boy for teenage girls to latch onto next awards season. Timmy was the first one in recent memory. Maybe the first since Leo was young? Teeenage girls usually get their heartthrobs from blockbusters, not arthouse awards films. 99% of the time it's an IT girl (Lawrence, Vikander, Larson, Stone etc. etc.)

by Anonymousreply 362March 10, 2018 4:05 PM

Anyway, are teenagers so important? I mean, his fans will surely keep up with him and so on. This year he has 2 movies, next year one so far, he's good. Lucas Hedges is in the same place as Timmy ( Oscar nominee) and he's doing well without those cray cray fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 363March 10, 2018 4:09 PM

Timmy is doing fine. What's important are the choice he makes now, post-CMBYN, post-Lady Bird, post-Oscars, not the stuff he's filmed or signed onto beforehand. This is when the real opportunities come.

Him walking around Austin with PTA yesterday is a good sign. They've now been with each other at NBR, the Oscars Luncheon, the Oscars, the Texas Film Awards and the day after. They clearly get along. Let's wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 364March 10, 2018 4:12 PM

Btw why does PTA give me interested in men vibes? I know he's married to Maya Rudolph but the guy pings hardcore for me...

by Anonymousreply 365March 10, 2018 4:18 PM

Maybe he's bi, just kidding lol

by Anonymousreply 366March 10, 2018 4:20 PM

R364 Yeah, he’s only 22 and he has a long career ahead of him.

by Anonymousreply 367March 10, 2018 4:21 PM

So far he made a good choice with the historical movie.

by Anonymousreply 368March 10, 2018 4:23 PM

He is challenging himself. Elio, Beautiful Boy and The King are all challenging, complex roles and rare for young male actors.

by Anonymousreply 369March 10, 2018 4:25 PM

He could have a career like Eddie Redmayne..very similar in certain aspects.

by Anonymousreply 370March 10, 2018 4:27 PM

I'm really intrigued to hear his British accent.

by Anonymousreply 371March 10, 2018 4:28 PM

Imagine Timmy and Armie both being nominated for BSA...

by Anonymousreply 372March 10, 2018 4:31 PM

Armie getiing so many baity roles is a headscratcher tbh. Timmy has a sureshot Oscar in his future. I don't find him attractive like so many here but the boy is insanely talented and has a very interesting face.

by Anonymousreply 373March 10, 2018 4:37 PM

R372 imagine both of them losing everything and then they both win with the sequel...one can dream.

by Anonymousreply 374March 10, 2018 4:49 PM

R374 That would be amazing

by Anonymousreply 375March 10, 2018 4:52 PM

some things make sense others are simply a joke,but Oscars are a joke so....

BEST PICTURE

First Man: Academy wunderkind Damien Chazelle (La La Land, Whiplash) returns with Ryan Gosling playing Neil Armstrong. ‘Nuff said.

If Beale Street Could Talk: Barry Jenkins (Moonlight) follows up his Oscars shocker with an adaptation of James Baldwin’s novel about a young couple dealing with a false rape accusation in 1970s New York City.

Mary, Queen of Scots: Stacked cast with Best Actress nominees Saoirse Ronan and Margot Robbie playing rival royals plotting for the throne of England.

Beautiful Boy: An addiction story told through a father-son relationship with Steve Carell and the internet’s new obsession Timothee Chalamet.

A Star Is Born: The past three versions have all notched multiple Oscars nominations, and this one is anchored by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga. Who knows?

Backseat: Adam McKay (The Big Short) tackles the political life of former Vice President Dick Cheney with Christian Bale.

The Women of Marwen: Based on the award-winning documentary Marwencol, director Robert Zemeckis tells the story of a man who awakens from a coma with no memory of his previous life and creates his own world with dolls as a coping mechanism.

Boy Erased: A young gay Christian man is subjected to conversion therapy. Directed by Joel Edgerton, it stars Oscar nominee Lucas Hedges and Oscar winners Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe.

My Life on the Road: A Julianne Moore-led biopic about feminist leader Gloria Steinem, directed by Julie Taymor (Frida).

BEST DIRECTOR

Adam McKay (Backseat) Barry Jenkins (If Beale Street Could Talk) Julie Taymor (My Life on the Road) Damien Chazelle (First Man) Mimi Leder (On the Basis of Sex)

BEST ACTOR

Ryan Gosling (First Man) Steve Carell (The Women of Marwen or Beautiful Boy) Christian Bale (Backseat) Colin Firth (The Mercy) Robert Redford (Old Man and the Gun)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Guy Pearce (Mary, Queen of Scots) J.K. Simmons (The Front Runner) Sam Rockwell (Backseat) Sterling K. Brown (Hotel Artemis) Corey Stoll (First Man)

So most predictions don't mention Tim nor Armie but both movies they star in.....I think it's most likely for Armie to have a nod than Tim at this point as Armie's has at least chances to win for best picture.....it also would be about perfect time for a female director to win again.

by Anonymousreply 376March 10, 2018 4:58 PM

Maybe they will give Armie a nomination because he was snubbed this year....

by Anonymousreply 377March 10, 2018 5:37 PM

R376 where did you get all that from?

by Anonymousreply 378March 10, 2018 5:40 PM

I think he/she got it from AW. That's a lot of talk about the upcoming movies with polls etc. and so on.

by Anonymousreply 379March 10, 2018 5:57 PM

R379 R378 yeah there are many articles with pretty much the same names and titles but this one had them on a list.

by Anonymousreply 380March 10, 2018 6:12 PM

Got it. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 381March 10, 2018 6:14 PM

oh look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382March 10, 2018 6:16 PM

Is that Nicki on the right r382?

by Anonymousreply 383March 10, 2018 6:18 PM

It is indeed.

by Anonymousreply 384March 10, 2018 6:20 PM

So they’re all in TX.

Does anybody believe that Timmy and Nicki are fucking, or was an unsubstantiated gossip?

by Anonymousreply 385March 10, 2018 6:25 PM

I believe that Nick is into men, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 386March 10, 2018 6:27 PM

Haha, I knew that Nikki wasn't so busy lol Anyway, Nikki is not fucking Timmy, he genuinely likes him as a friend. I think, apart from Armie, Niki comes next as one of Timmy's best friends. Also, I find it strange that even though Nikki is into men, E asks girls to give Nikki a chance...I mean, doesn't she know his sexual orientation or it's an inside joke?

by Anonymousreply 387March 10, 2018 6:47 PM

R387 Both Armie and E do but it feels like a joking code for something else....no straight man goes roller skating at 29 at the beach lol nor has his friends call him with affection a "fa***t".

by Anonymousreply 388March 10, 2018 6:51 PM

[QUOTE]According to AW forum

[QUOTE]I think he/she got it from AW.

[QUOTE]I also read that on AW regarding Beautiful Boy.

[QUOTE]Three other people on AW

What is "AW"?

by Anonymousreply 389March 10, 2018 6:53 PM

AwardsWatch

by Anonymousreply 390March 10, 2018 6:54 PM

Thank you, R390.

by Anonymousreply 391March 10, 2018 6:56 PM

No problem!

by Anonymousreply 392March 10, 2018 6:57 PM

I always forget how young Nick is, he looks a few years older. I find him terribly hot.

by Anonymousreply 393March 10, 2018 7:20 PM

Who is Nick? A friend of Armie's?

by Anonymousreply 394March 10, 2018 7:27 PM

To add to r376’s list there is Steve McQueen’s Widows, which had a very positive early test screening.

[quote]Guy Pearce (Mary, Queen of Scots) J.K. Simmons (The Front Runner) Sam Rockwell (Backseat) Sterling K. Brown (Hotel Artemis) Corey Stoll (First Man)

Those aren’t the front runners on AW or a few other sites. Rockwell, yes. Simmons, maybe. Pearce’s role in Mary is unknown, and Kyle Chandler is the one getting the First Man buzz. Timmy is on most shortlists as a possible/expected Supporting nominee and let’s face it after this year’s acting “winners” a mediocre movie and performance are no barrier to Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 395March 10, 2018 7:36 PM

R395 I used this article because the names were listed instead of a plain article,so these are not the frontrunners on the forum per se.....just more or less the names on major magazines.of course some names are not there and some are there but shouldn't;considering early screenings and general feedback.

by Anonymousreply 396March 10, 2018 7:42 PM

If Timmy gets a nomination, that again will be his win...I don't expect the Academy to give him the Oscar at 23....maybe in his early 30s as Eddie Redmayne did. R394 Nick is a friend of Armie and usually hangs out with them.

by Anonymousreply 397March 10, 2018 7:45 PM

I want the nominations just to see them together tbh. Because as much as I want to like Steve Carell's serious acting....I just can't....and I'm not a big fan of Oscar bait bio movies like the one Armie's in. I hope they will keep their names in the press and be visible during award season and that's it; which at this point will be great for both, but especially Tim because he needs to avoid being overexposed and wait for better roles and opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 398March 10, 2018 7:59 PM

Yes . Nick and Ashton are two of the best Armie´s friends . They may be rich but they aren´t famous so they trail after Armie to premieres, parties etc to have the chance to meet celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 399March 10, 2018 8:09 PM

Is Timmy still in Austin? Haven't seen any photos so far.

by Anonymousreply 400March 10, 2018 8:19 PM

That Nick photo isn't recent. According to his Instagram he's in Italy and that Armie cardigan doesn't match the one he's been wearing in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 401March 10, 2018 8:24 PM

Nick was in Italy at the end of February.

by Anonymousreply 402March 10, 2018 8:29 PM

There wouldn't just be one photo of him in Texas. Plus again Armie hasn't worn that outfit there.

by Anonymousreply 403March 10, 2018 8:31 PM

And Ashton is in that photo and his Instagram shows him by a beach 22 hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 404March 10, 2018 8:32 PM

Ok, then it's an old photo.

by Anonymousreply 405March 10, 2018 8:37 PM

If Timothee has a career like Logan Lerman --a steady stream of non-showy, yet strong indie roles --it won't be a bad thing. He just wants to do great work with great roles and not all great work lead to awards.

by Anonymousreply 406March 10, 2018 8:53 PM

R406 Yeah he needs to keep it low key and focus on quality now because all this hysteria about him can turn ugly very quickly, just look what happen with the Allen mess and he wasn't even that famous yet or how sudden success and gossip have ruined or limited many talented actors carrers. But I'm sure his team knows this and they are already guiding him the right way. He also seems way mature and intelligent than the average HW young actor.

by Anonymousreply 407March 10, 2018 9:04 PM

I don't know though. He has the potential to really be something special and he shouldn't settle.

by Anonymousreply 408March 10, 2018 9:19 PM

R407 I totally agree with you. He's savvy, also he has a good agent. I'd like to see him in a movie with Tilda. Anyway, do we know if he's still in Austin?

by Anonymousreply 409March 10, 2018 9:25 PM

No one knows where he is.

by Anonymousreply 410March 10, 2018 9:40 PM

Under Armie

by Anonymousreply 411March 10, 2018 9:46 PM

R408 choosing lasting quality over quick marketability isn't settling.

by Anonymousreply 412March 10, 2018 9:47 PM

A career like Logan Lerman's for someone with Timmy's potential is absolutely settling.

by Anonymousreply 413March 10, 2018 9:48 PM

R413 That user just made an example, I was speaking on general terms.

by Anonymousreply 414March 10, 2018 9:57 PM

Timmy's on a flight out of Austin rn

by Anonymousreply 415March 10, 2018 10:00 PM

R415 Source?

by Anonymousreply 416March 10, 2018 10:02 PM

It's over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417March 10, 2018 10:08 PM

Not doubting he is leaving Austin, but is that from today? why is it photoshopped

by Anonymousreply 418March 10, 2018 10:09 PM

Yes the girl tweeted it out today.

by Anonymousreply 419March 10, 2018 10:13 PM

Well, at least he's gonna have about 2 months and a half to rest and prepare for his next role.

by Anonymousreply 420March 10, 2018 10:16 PM

She said her friend got a photo but she was too nervous so she photoshopped her face over it.

by Anonymousreply 421March 10, 2018 10:22 PM

Looks like he's heading back to NYC for a while.

by Anonymousreply 422March 10, 2018 10:23 PM

Fucking girls...

by Anonymousreply 423March 10, 2018 10:24 PM

He needs to wash that hair.

by Anonymousreply 424March 10, 2018 10:26 PM

He's on a flight leave him be. And we don't know where he's going yet.

by Anonymousreply 425March 10, 2018 10:31 PM

He need to grow that hair. Love the curls.

by Anonymousreply 426March 10, 2018 10:31 PM

It's not like we need to know where he is all the time.

The hair looked awful yesterday too.

by Anonymousreply 427March 10, 2018 10:32 PM

The girl who posted the pic tweeted about flying to New York, so one can assume...

by Anonymousreply 428March 10, 2018 10:32 PM

I can't see any tweet about a flight to New York.

And his hair looked great yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 429March 10, 2018 10:35 PM

Scroll down a few days worth of tweets like a weirdo like me and she mentions going to New York

by Anonymousreply 430March 10, 2018 10:36 PM

Of course he is going back home. Where else would he go? So back to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 431March 10, 2018 10:53 PM

Well he has a career and life so of course he may have been going somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 432March 10, 2018 11:00 PM

Where is Armie? I want to see how many days these two can separate.

by Anonymousreply 433March 10, 2018 11:21 PM

He's still in Austin, Final Portrait promo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434March 10, 2018 11:22 PM

it's from yesterday,but Armie is still in Austin,there's sorry to bother you promo

by Anonymousreply 435March 10, 2018 11:25 PM

That dress is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 436March 10, 2018 11:25 PM

I doubt they'll be together for a while now. Timmy captioned his photo with Elizabeth 'last'. I'm sure they'll meet up if Timmy goes to LA or Armie goes to NYC but other than that.

by Anonymousreply 437March 10, 2018 11:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438March 10, 2018 11:33 PM

I agree, the meetings will now be without photos.

by Anonymousreply 439March 11, 2018 12:05 AM

CMBYN has made $32.5mm worldwide as of Mar 8.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440March 11, 2018 12:06 AM

I mean they may post the odd photo themselves but professional photos yeah.

by Anonymousreply 441March 11, 2018 12:08 AM

I'm going to miss them being glued to each other's sides tbh. They're great to look at and look pretty happy when they're together.

by Anonymousreply 442March 11, 2018 12:10 AM

R440 check again tomorrow, the domestic number is updated on every monday. I'd say 34mil top with the post Oscar boost, not counting foreign

by Anonymousreply 443March 11, 2018 12:12 AM

It was a wonderful and beautiful experience for me from start to finish. I really appreciate the film and every moment these two actors together. They are always and truly happy to see each other every time and their chemistry is amazing. I LOVE Brokeback Mountain, a gorgeous and more heart wrenching movie, in which the actors' chemistry is not compatible to CMBYN. It took more than 10 years to have another classic LGBT movie (BM 2005 and CMBYN 2017) and I was wondering when I will be able to see another classic. I honestly don't want to wait for another 10 years down the road. Regarding CMBYN2, I'm not sure if it will happen. It's all talks now.

by Anonymousreply 444March 11, 2018 12:42 AM

Carol was a LGBT classic too, if you'd rather not count Moonlight because sexuality is not the main focus.

by Anonymousreply 445March 11, 2018 12:44 AM

CMBYN will always feel special for me just because of the lack of suffering. The only suffering comes from life itself, there's no tragedy or unnecessary violence. I love how quiet it was. That sense of nothing big happening while everything is happening inside the characters. It was so beautifully done and so relatable. It almost feels like a fairy tale with a realistic ending and I had never experience that in a LGBT movie that, on top of that, was such an artistic triumph and with such great and loving performances. It really was special and although I am not that excited about a sequel, I hope if it happens it lives up to the original movie.

by Anonymousreply 446March 11, 2018 12:54 AM

According to Tumblr, Armie is out there following naked models on Instagram. And Lola's boyfriend is being weird about Timmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447March 11, 2018 2:07 AM

Lola's boyfriend MUST be joking, that's so dramatic rofl

by Anonymousreply 448March 11, 2018 2:10 AM

Can we just link to the images rather than the pathetic tinhat blogs in future? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 449March 11, 2018 2:11 AM

Good idea, those blogs are mood killers.

by Anonymousreply 450March 11, 2018 2:16 AM

R448 lol I know! That guy is either desperate for attention or has serious mental issues. He's hilariously childish.

by Anonymousreply 451March 11, 2018 2:20 AM

Lola, Madonna's daughter or Timmy's ex, cried watching him at the Oscar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452March 11, 2018 2:23 AM

That bird has flown, Lolita.

by Anonymousreply 453March 11, 2018 2:24 AM

Can she maybe uh have a word with her boyfriend then?

by Anonymousreply 454March 11, 2018 2:24 AM

Perhaps this is the result of her having a word with her boyfriend R454 lol

If he were serious, though, I don't think he'd post this sort of crap.

by Anonymousreply 455March 11, 2018 2:26 AM

Looks to me like she's taking the piss in that video lol

by Anonymousreply 456March 11, 2018 2:28 AM

I don't think so, she went to LaGuardia too.

by Anonymousreply 457March 11, 2018 2:29 AM

I know haha I just meant I don't think she's actually crying

by Anonymousreply 458March 11, 2018 2:31 AM

Maybe not but I don't think she posted that to take the piss out of Timmy. Her friend is filming it and smiling too.

by Anonymousreply 459March 11, 2018 2:33 AM

Yeah they're friends and she makes fun of his public appearances, that's what Timmy said. And her current boyfriend is kinda gross and has issues.

by Anonymousreply 460March 11, 2018 2:37 AM

Even if her bf is just messing around, it's still pretty odd

by Anonymousreply 461March 11, 2018 2:41 AM

Elizabeth tagged Timmy because they were playing Cardi B. Looks like the withdrawal symptoms have already kicked in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462March 11, 2018 5:15 AM

I want to play this remix in my car. AWESOME CALL ME BY YOUR NAME: Mystery of Love (jeaneiffel remix)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463March 11, 2018 5:39 AM

R463 Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 464March 11, 2018 7:07 AM

Is that legal, r463? I mean, legal legal, not just a crime against good taste.

by Anonymousreply 465March 11, 2018 7:19 AM

[quote]I also read that on AW regarding Beautiful Boy. Tim might be off the wall great but the structure and lead acting by Carrel is awful and I assume since Tim would be tied will all of his scenes with Carrel it might be death to them both.

I just recently read the books by the Sheffs, and TBH, if you've ever read/watched any other narratives about having a loved one who's an addict or being an addict, you've heard it all before. It was sad like these stories are, but I wasn't blown away. It doesn't surprise me that they may be having difficulty wrangling the material into something really exceptional, even with Timothee's acting.

by Anonymousreply 466March 11, 2018 7:21 AM

Interesting interview

Andre Aciman Call Me By Your Name Q&A 2/27/2018 Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467March 11, 2018 7:25 AM

Andre Aciman Call Me By Your Name Q&A 2/27/2018 Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468March 11, 2018 7:27 AM

I honestly think Lola should have a talk with her current boyfriend. He's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 469March 11, 2018 7:28 AM

R469 I think he got enough attention in here already.

by Anonymousreply 470March 11, 2018 7:42 AM

Well, anyway their next meeting will surely be this summer...until then sorrow and tears...sigh.

by Anonymousreply 471March 11, 2018 7:47 AM

They may all go to the Met Ball.

by Anonymousreply 472March 11, 2018 8:27 AM

Andre Aciman has been out there a lot lately, hasn't he? Lots of interviews and Q&As and readings. Make that cash, boy!

by Anonymousreply 473March 11, 2018 8:32 AM

Yeah, he has redhead a new level of fame. Has anyone read anything else by him?

by Anonymousreply 474March 11, 2018 9:06 AM

*reached

by Anonymousreply 475March 11, 2018 9:06 AM

R475 I'm reading Enigma Variations,it's not at the same level of CMBYN but a nice read so far, there are parts that could very well fit with the cmbyn narrative. I've just started so...

by Anonymousreply 476March 11, 2018 9:28 AM

R476 thanks!

by Anonymousreply 477March 11, 2018 9:38 AM

R474, I too have read Enigma Variations. Of all his fiction, that one is probably the one that would appeal the most to people who liked CMBYN. The protagonist Paul is bisexual and somewhat Elio-like, and the first story of the collection, First Love, will put one in mind of CMBYN.

Other than that, I've actually enjoyed Aciman's non-fiction more than his other novels. Out of Egypt is a memoir of his life in Egypt and his family's flight to Europe, ultimately ending up in NY. He also has a couple of books of his collected essays, travel writing, etc that are quite good.

by Anonymousreply 478March 11, 2018 9:55 AM

What about Eight White Nights?

by Anonymousreply 479March 11, 2018 10:15 AM

Lol...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 11, 2018 10:40 AM

I don't find this particularly funny, SNL is hit or miss...Tim needs to really disappear for a while before in typical hollywood fashion everybody will get tired of him and end up hating him....It would be a pity if his audience is just screaming teen girls.

by Anonymousreply 481March 11, 2018 11:01 AM

Well he is obviously going to disappear beyond the odd random Instagram post or paparazzi photo. If the next three months aren't reclusive enough, then just wait until he goes to England to film. Awards season JUST finished a week ago. Give it chance. He shouldn't be back in the media in any major way until the Fall.

by Anonymousreply 482March 11, 2018 11:06 AM

Out of Aciman's novels, after CMBYN I like Harvard Square the most. Enigma Variations is hit and miss, a couple of beautiful episodes and others I didn't particularly care for. Eight White Nights feels like more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 483March 11, 2018 11:07 AM

R482 agree! Let's hope he will give us a photo or two until fall lol

by Anonymousreply 484March 11, 2018 11:41 AM

I'm sure we'll get a few fan photos here and there, too.

by Anonymousreply 485March 11, 2018 12:44 PM

We'll get a lot of those unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 486March 11, 2018 12:45 PM

Anyway, someone on LSA spilled some "tea" ( not necessarily something new) about Timmy, confirming that he's continued sleeping around with girls since NYFF.

by Anonymousreply 487March 11, 2018 1:21 PM

What's LSA?

by Anonymousreply 488March 11, 2018 1:33 PM

R487 link please

by Anonymousreply 489March 11, 2018 1:36 PM

R488 lipstick alley which is a gossip site for black women ( mostly), but sometimes they have good "tea" to share

by Anonymousreply 490March 11, 2018 1:39 PM

R487 Here's the discussion ( honestly, it's nothing new) "I suspected them a while back but didn't someone come on here who was a friend of her sisters and said that they were just friends? P has been linked recently to Jenn soon to be ex. I'm doubtful of a steady GF just yet. Timmy was spotted at Tao with The Weekend and article said many women were approaching him. It's just a matter of time."

"Yeah that was me and yeah they're not dating. Petra fucks around and I even saw that she liked a shady IG photo comparing him to Jonathan Cheban. I don't know for sure because I haven't directly asked but from everything I've heard he's single. If he hasn't had a steady girlfriend since Lourdes then it's not really surprising to me that he isn't choosing to settle down now of all times when he can mess around with whoever he wants to. I do know that he's messed around with girls since NYFF (aka when he fell out of the chair trying to impress somebody) so whoever he was talking about then is not around in any serious way now. As for his comment in the Q&A with Luca, the question was about keeping something from someone in his past, not his present. As for how his fans would react to a girlfriend, I think it depends. Firstly, I'm hopeful that a lot of these fans will disappear now that awards season is over and he's going to be much more of a recluse, especially considering his lack of social media usage. That should help things to calm down for him. But aside from that, I think there is a certain type of girl he could get away with dating publicly. Someone like Saoirse Ronan, who is respected for her own career, who is pretty but not in a threatening way and who is immensely likable and down to earth, whilst not engaging with social media herself."

by Anonymousreply 491March 11, 2018 1:45 PM

R489 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 492March 11, 2018 1:47 PM

There is no new tea on LPA...just a noob who didn't read the conversations before. Tim doesn't need anybody advise on fashion or styling because he has direct contact with fashion designers in person lol. Also his outfits are in line with pretty much everybody else,he's not really an outsider.

by Anonymousreply 493March 11, 2018 1:52 PM

r493 This. I don't see anything new.

by Anonymousreply 494March 11, 2018 1:57 PM

That girl is just guessing that he's sleeping around, but she doesn't really know anything. Most of us were assuming that anyway.

However, I agree with her regarding future prospects for Timmy - when he feels like getting himself a girlfriend, a Saoirse-type girl would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 495March 11, 2018 2:05 PM

I don't see any good tea on LSA. It is a recycled site for the worst trash. There is the "Jen wants a baby with Brad" thread, the "Hillary Clinton lesbian affair with a bodyguard " thread .

by Anonymousreply 496March 11, 2018 2:08 PM

R495 well, that's what I said it wasn't really new. The only thing is that she's the friend of Petra's sister and could be a more "reliable" source, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 497March 11, 2018 2:20 PM

She might be a friend of Petra's sister, but she also seems very much like a fangirl. But you're right. Her info might be more accurate than most.

by Anonymousreply 498March 11, 2018 2:30 PM

Stop ruining the thread with your "Petra" utterances, low-IQ types.

by Anonymousreply 499March 11, 2018 2:34 PM

I love this!!! So adorable!!!

"Timmy doing/saying cute things about Armie"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500March 11, 2018 2:34 PM

Why are so many fangirls posting here? Move along, frauleins.

by Anonymousreply 501March 11, 2018 2:39 PM

Oh c'mon, the tumblr post was cute.

by Anonymousreply 502March 11, 2018 2:40 PM

No, it wasn't, r502.

by Anonymousreply 503March 11, 2018 2:41 PM

Oh well, everyone has their likes and dislikes.

by Anonymousreply 504March 11, 2018 2:49 PM

Oh, that one r500 isn't bad, R504. I thought you were referring to the Lakeesha Shaniqua Astrazenica diversion.

by Anonymousreply 505March 11, 2018 3:03 PM

Btw where is Sorry to bother you trailer???was it today?

by Anonymousreply 506March 11, 2018 3:11 PM

R506 yes, it's today.

by Anonymousreply 507March 11, 2018 3:23 PM

A still from the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508March 11, 2018 3:25 PM

He looks so good like this. I feel like he shouldn't, but he does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509March 11, 2018 3:29 PM

I worship every strand of hair on his body.

by Anonymousreply 510March 11, 2018 3:33 PM

R509 yeah, that's totally something new!

by Anonymousreply 511March 11, 2018 3:33 PM

So both Elio and Oliver are gonna be drug addicts in their next movies..they really didn't take well

by Anonymousreply 512March 11, 2018 3:47 PM

I never thought about that, what a coincidence haha

by Anonymousreply 513March 11, 2018 3:49 PM

R512 good observation.

by Anonymousreply 514March 11, 2018 4:02 PM

Timmy is at JR's art show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515March 11, 2018 8:52 PM

With a fan at the same art show. I miss his curly hair. Where did it go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516March 11, 2018 9:07 PM

Who is JR?

by Anonymousreply 517March 11, 2018 9:09 PM

It's just under a hat. I mean this was two days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518March 11, 2018 9:10 PM

JR is a French artist and photographer who also directed the documentary Faces Places. Timmy met him at the LAFCA Gala and they hung out at the Oscars Luncheon etc.

by Anonymousreply 519March 11, 2018 9:11 PM

I hate JR with a passion and without a reason.

by Anonymousreply 520March 11, 2018 9:29 PM

How is JR? I mean, he looks like a cool guy...

by Anonymousreply 521March 11, 2018 9:40 PM

Sorry to bother you trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 11, 2018 10:19 PM

Holy shit this looks way better than I imagined. Can't wait to see this movie.

by Anonymousreply 523March 11, 2018 10:33 PM

I can see why some reviewers said it was unfunny when trying to be funny but that, weirdly enough, it worked better that way.

by Anonymousreply 524March 11, 2018 10:37 PM

I think the "unfunny trying to be funny" is a style choice for the movie and yeah it works for me.

by Anonymousreply 525March 11, 2018 10:43 PM

Im looking forward to this, tbh.

by Anonymousreply 526March 11, 2018 10:49 PM

Not enough Armie in the trailer but the movie looks great!

by Anonymousreply 527March 11, 2018 11:47 PM

So as soon as Timmy goes back to NY he's hanging around with industry people in their 30s again.

by Anonymousreply 528March 12, 2018 12:24 AM

Armie's short film is going to cannes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529March 12, 2018 1:00 AM

Any CMBYN fans in NYC want to join me at the last few showings at The Paris Cinema this week? It runs through Thursday night after having been here more than 3 months.

I’m going to try and make it to at least 2 or 3 more 7:00pm screenings. Nothing like seeing all that beauty on a big screen.

I know, “Mary!”

by Anonymousreply 530March 12, 2018 1:38 AM

Didn't Dev Patel direct Home Shopper?

by Anonymousreply 531March 12, 2018 1:43 AM

I have a feeling that Armie is going to have a much more successful 2018 than Tim. Sorry to bother you looks Iike a gass. The play could be wildly good and On the basis of Sex might be an Oscar player.

by Anonymousreply 532March 12, 2018 2:26 AM

Timmy has already had the more successful 2018 as y'know, he got nominated for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 533March 12, 2018 2:40 AM

this gif is awesome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534March 12, 2018 3:06 AM

Wait, is that a whip he's holding in that gif?

by Anonymousreply 535March 12, 2018 3:12 AM

yeah

by Anonymousreply 536March 12, 2018 3:26 AM

Lol very appropriate for him

by Anonymousreply 537March 12, 2018 3:31 AM

LOL Armie is hell bent on that Oscar nom. He's gonna get it one way or another. I bet he can afford he doesn't have to worry about making money. Does he partly sponsor all these movies he's in?

by Anonymousreply 538March 12, 2018 3:43 AM

If you're talking about his role in Sorry To Bother You, I highly doubt he's done it to get an Oscar nod.

by Anonymousreply 539March 12, 2018 4:03 AM

[quote]  I bet he can afford he doesn't have to worry about making money

When he lost his election bet with Luca he said he couldn't afford to fulfill it because he has only been doing small films. I know it was discussed in one of the other Armie threads but did he get an inheritance? Some says his father blew his money or that the Hammers aren't actually worth much.

by Anonymousreply 540March 12, 2018 4:03 AM

armie has a new friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 12, 2018 4:11 AM

Armie really has a wild year coming up. Good for him

by Anonymousreply 542March 12, 2018 4:33 AM

Am I missing something about Armie's big year? Sorry to Bother You has a 70 on Metacritic which is good but not great. The play and his other film have yet to premiere and could be awful.

by Anonymousreply 543March 12, 2018 4:35 AM

R543 Sorry to bother you is not a high rated movie in the classical sense but it's gonna be a must see so that's ok. On the basis of sex is very promising, unlike beautiful boy which is as far as we know from early screening tests,not a solid movie or oscar material. Tim is good in it but that's it. So it's fair to assume that the rest of the year is gonna be ok for Armie.

Also I think Armie always plays the part of the struggling actor "i wish I had a bigger house" "I wish someone could babysit our kids so we could go out sometimes".... I mean he might not have a family trust but I'm sure he has benefited from family privilege. His life is not Tom Cruise kinda rich but he has nothing to complain about.

by Anonymousreply 544March 12, 2018 5:46 AM

[quote]On the basis of sex is very promising, unlike beautiful boy which is as far as we know from early screening tests,not a solid movie or oscar material.

Okay but Beautiful Boy was seen as very promising before the test screenings too. On the Basis of Sex could easily get similar reports or worse when that is screened on Tuesday.

And Iook, I was the one to bring the Beautiful Boy screening reports here in the first place but they are just test screening reports. It's not the final version of the film and they are just the opinions of average moviegoers, not critics. And we only heard the opinions of around five people. Again, they chose an October release date after those screenings. Any release date for this kind of film in October, November and early December is chosen specifically so they can push it in prime position for awards.

A publicist had this to say about the film:

[quote]One authority is hearing “terrific early word on Beautiful Boy — extraordinarily well done, beautifully acted.”

Word on any film is not official until the final version has been officially screened for critics at a festival or elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 545March 12, 2018 6:05 AM

Agree with R543. Also, there were some rumours that Beautiful Boy might be presented to Cannes too. Anyone know something more in regards to this?

by Anonymousreply 546March 12, 2018 6:05 AM

I haven't heard any Beautiful Boy rumors for Cannes, more likely to be Telluride and TIFF. Maybe you're thinking of Suspiria

by Anonymousreply 547March 12, 2018 6:07 AM

Oops, I meant to say R545

by Anonymousreply 548March 12, 2018 6:07 AM

R547 I already knew about Suspiria, but there were some rumours on AW that said that BB might get selected for Cannes, but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 549March 12, 2018 6:10 AM

R545 so on the basis of sex will be screened tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 550March 12, 2018 6:19 AM

R550 Yes. However I don't know of anyone that is going as it got fully booked so unsure how much information we will get from it.

by Anonymousreply 551March 12, 2018 6:22 AM

hmm better keep an eye on leetterboxd & awards watch forum

by Anonymousreply 552March 12, 2018 7:50 AM

Another two deleted photos from Timmy on Instagram. (Last years GQ photoshoot and the Gotham Awards one). This along with the Kid Cudi, Oscar luncheon, CMBYN Q&A, Oldman photo in recent weeks.

Honestly can't put together a logical reasoning for it.

by Anonymousreply 553March 12, 2018 8:25 AM

R553 he wants to have few pics on Ig It's a trend to show you're not obsessed with your presence on social media.

by Anonymousreply 554March 12, 2018 8:32 AM

Thats kind of pathetic to care what people think that much.

by Anonymousreply 555March 12, 2018 8:36 AM

R545 you asked why and I told you I didn't say the movie can't be fixed. The question wasn't about BB but why Armie will have a good year. BB being a good movie or not doesn't take away that Armie won't have a good year.

He made interesting choices aside CMBYN, all indi movies with interesting subjects which are not expected to make huge box office numbers to beging with but are for him a very savvy ways to refresh his image and it's working. As for on the basis of sex,it's a bio pic oscar bait kinda movie (which I personally don't like) with a very precise subject that will appeal to a larger audience compared to all his other movies.He also has a solid supporting role.Overall it's promising no matter what,at least for him.

by Anonymousreply 556March 12, 2018 8:45 AM

The point is if On the Basis of Sex gets a 40 on Metacritic then it won't add to being a good year for him. So far we only have Sorry to Bother You's reception to go off and one film with a 70 on MC isn't enough to be a great year for him.

by Anonymousreply 557March 12, 2018 8:54 AM

It's up in the air what kind of year Armie will have, based on the projects he's already got bagged. It sounds mixed.

What interests me is what kind of real difference CMBYN will make to his career, if any. Are directors who wouldn't touch him before now interested? Is he now in competition for roles that no one would have considered him for before? Someone on here insisted a couple of months ago that he would be deluged with offers and after the Oscars, we'd get all sorts of announcements, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The bartender movie sounds like it could be interesting, but we're still waiting to see if there will truly be a career renaissance.

by Anonymousreply 558March 12, 2018 9:14 AM

R557 of course but it's reasonable to think things will go well at least I do for once. Overall he's getting praise for his movie direction and choices,plenty of other actors have interesting roles in mediocre movies that movie insiders noticed.

He's not a leading actor,he doesn't have it and he knows it. Let's just hope he will continue to make interesting indi movies. I won't shit on his career just because he lacks numbers. He himself said he's not getting plenty of offers after Call me so it's no surprise but he got the attention of Annapurna which along A24 is one the the best new production studios out there.

Or maybe his career will go nowhere and he will die...I mean anything can happen sure.

by Anonymousreply 559March 12, 2018 9:25 AM

And I hope he has a great year too, I was just confused as to why people were so sure it would be.

I mean Sorry to Bother You can be compared to Hot Summer Nights right now. It's hard to get a good gauge on the latter because there's only 5 reviews on RT but currently it's at 90% with an average rating of 9/10. I expect that to go down but it shouldn't end up below STBY's critical reception.

by Anonymousreply 560March 12, 2018 9:31 AM

Sorry to bother you is an all black indi satirical movie with a strong cast, so it will weight more than a teenagers on a hot summer kinda movie anyway. But yes it will go down and I'm not worried about that. STBY is not meant to be a critical success or have huge commercial impact but I'm more intrigued in this than Hot Summer Nights or On the basis of sex for a mere question of personal taste. I'd rather have both Armie and Tim continue with quality/indi/provoking movies rather than some shit Justice League kinda flops.

by Anonymousreply 561March 12, 2018 9:52 AM

Regardless of acting skills, Armie is easier to cast than Timothee. Armie has a look that would lend itself to more types of roles. Timmy may be a good actor, but his boyish appearance may limit him in some ways to more youth oriented fare. I could see him up for roles in coming of age stories, teen dramas, ensemble pieces (playing the son or brother, etc.) or roles where his slenderness would make sense like playing a hustler or a junkie. As good as he was in CMBYN, I don't suspect he will be getting an avalanche of offers that would require him to carry a film.

by Anonymousreply 562March 12, 2018 1:56 PM

Indeed. Oscar nominated or not he´s 22 years old and there aren´t many lead roles in good movies for boys his age.

by Anonymousreply 563March 12, 2018 2:18 PM

Is this thread for Armie exclusively?

by Anonymousreply 564March 12, 2018 2:19 PM

[quote]Timmy may be a good actor, but his boyish appearance may limit him in some ways to more youth oriented fare

Even loathe I’m loathe to compare Chalamet to DiCaprio, Leo was smart to do a lot of period pieces before and right after Titanic where his baby faced look worked for in those kinds of roles. The Henry role is a good choice if that’s what he’s being offered.

I don’t think Timo wants to do the franchise route, but I think he’d be a great Paul Atreides in Villeneuve’s Dune. They haven’t started casting that yet, but he has to be on that shortlist.

by Anonymousreply 565March 12, 2018 2:20 PM

*ugh sorry for the typos

by Anonymousreply 566March 12, 2018 2:21 PM

Yeah Armie can look his age,mid to late 20s and can easily look way older than 40 which is probably his biggest asset,and by the looks of it in sorry to bother you he looks like he can pull off not looking "old school classic Hollywood" pretty well.

But Tim has plenty of years ahead to mature.

by Anonymousreply 567March 12, 2018 2:21 PM

I would not mind seeing Timmy as the young Tony Soprano in the 1967-set prequel.

by Anonymousreply 568March 12, 2018 2:23 PM

R565 Speaking about Dune I'm very disappointed V. cast Gosling again. I wanted to see some new faces and I feel like he's playing the same character over and over....also Dune is one of my fav books/movies....not happy about this.

by Anonymousreply 569March 12, 2018 2:30 PM

Somehow I don't think Timmy is going to struggle for roles.

by Anonymousreply 570March 12, 2018 2:33 PM

I remember there was an interview with Grimshaw scheduled months ago and for some reason it didn't make it on air. I think last week they released a little clip from it discussing the audiobook and now they've posted this. The whole thing was kind of weird. I mean, cool that they love Armie and Nick appears to be quite smitten with the movie, Armie and Timothée too but I thought it was odd that there was no word on why the interview ever happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571March 12, 2018 3:06 PM

What’s the title of the next thread?

I nominate: “Bergamo”

by Anonymousreply 572March 12, 2018 3:14 PM

There is no casting for Dune yet. The last news on Dune is that it will be split into two films

by Anonymousreply 573March 12, 2018 3:16 PM

I like "Bergamo."

by Anonymousreply 574March 12, 2018 3:17 PM

Bergamo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 12, 2018 3:17 PM

BERGAMO!!

I never thought Bergamo will one day be considered a romantic city like this....It's usually known for the very funny dialect which is associated to kinda dumb/hillbilly people of northern Italy. Sorta like the hillbilly version of Milan.

by Anonymousreply 576March 12, 2018 3:20 PM

Is there a formaggio Bergamese?

by Anonymousreply 577March 12, 2018 3:21 PM

R577 haha another formaggio question...I don't know tbh. I know finding a parking spot in Bergamo alta is a fucking nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 578March 12, 2018 3:25 PM

My favorite other cheese from Northern Italy is Alta Badia, which has a nutty flavor and a Gruyere-like texture. I like eating it on its own or with fruit and nuts more than I do Gruyere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579March 12, 2018 3:29 PM

^ Bergamo and Alta Badia are 4-5 hours apart.

by Anonymousreply 580March 12, 2018 3:31 PM

Bergamo looks lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581March 12, 2018 3:39 PM

I was in Bergamo several years ago with my ex (yes, I felt a little nostalgic watching the movie), and it's as beautiful as countless Italian cities are. Italy is perhaps my favourite country to visit.

by Anonymousreply 582March 12, 2018 3:43 PM

[quote]BÉRGAMO

Notice the accent on the first syllable: BAIR-gah-moh'.

by Anonymousreply 583March 12, 2018 3:45 PM

New thread: Bergamo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584March 12, 2018 4:08 PM

R564 We decided to have only one thread where to discuss both Timmy and Armie and the sequel of CMBYN, when it comes out.

by Anonymousreply 585March 12, 2018 4:12 PM

R584 Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 586March 12, 2018 4:13 PM

Thank you, R585. I think that's wise.

by Anonymousreply 587March 12, 2018 4:15 PM

I would like to see Timmy play the young Tony Soprano in the prequel we read about last week.

by Anonymousreply 588March 12, 2018 4:15 PM

I've had this question in the back of my mind for a while now ( maybe I've already posted it before, can't remember) but, does anyone know if Armie's ever taken up foreign languages before? I saw his Spanish interview and even the little things he said in Italian in Crema and he's really good with accents ( not thick at all)...I'm just curious 'cause I'm a linguistics student and obviously I have a passion for them.

by Anonymousreply 589March 12, 2018 4:34 PM

4 posters, 90% of posts

This is a Parasitic Fan Infestation.

by Anonymousreply 590March 12, 2018 4:53 PM

Da fuck is going on?I've never seen these red notes..

by Anonymousreply 591March 12, 2018 5:30 PM

So Timmy has one project this season to promote BB and one project of work, King Hal in June? He should be done filming by October to do promotion on the BB film?

by Anonymousreply 592March 12, 2018 5:36 PM

[quote]Da fuck is going on?

R591 A reckoning long in the making, that's what. And the OP's red tag is pretty self-explanatory, actually.

by Anonymousreply 593March 12, 2018 5:36 PM

R593 Ah Ok I didn't know Op could manage the threads like this.

by Anonymousreply 594March 12, 2018 5:39 PM

R594 No, all of the red tags come from the moderator/administrator of DL, who started with this punitive practice yesterday. First came the racists, then the fake news propagandists, and now the people who hog the site's bandwidth by using these fan threads as their personal chat rooms.

All of them are banned from posting, by the way, and won't be able to return for a while.

by Anonymousreply 595March 12, 2018 5:46 PM

I'm loving these rad tags, thank you DL!

by Anonymousreply 596March 12, 2018 5:53 PM

R595 Ok got it thanks. So I guess nobody can open another thread to continue this one if the OP is gone too?

by Anonymousreply 597March 12, 2018 5:56 PM

r597 You certainly can... if you have a death wish.

I don't know about you, but the message of the site's owner seems loud and clear to me.

by Anonymousreply 598March 12, 2018 5:59 PM

[QUOTE]4 posters, 90% of posts

😂 Disgusting. The red tags finally exposed these hoes.

by Anonymousreply 599March 12, 2018 6:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 12, 2018 6:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!