Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stories of Celebs who are Nasty Cunts

I used to be a bartender at a hotel, and Vivica A. Fox came in with a guy late one night after an event. He ordered a drink for himself and a house red for her, so I turned to her and asked if she preferred cab or merlot. She gave me the DIRTIEST look, like, how dare I address her directly, and flounced off to a table without answering. The guy said, 'Just give her red, whatever...' and didn't leave a tip (they ordered four rounds, and no tip each time). They also complained that someone else came in and sat at a table near them and tried to get me to make them move. The other guests didn’t even try to approach her or anything — she was just mad that they dared to sit at a neighboring table.

by Anonymousreply 600March 27, 2023 4:13 PM

I sat next to Jamie Lee Curtis in first class on a flight. she had the window seat, was wearing a baseball hat and sunglasses. She turned to me once everyone boarded and said, "I know you know who I am, but I am really trying to get some rest on this flight so nice to meet you but please don't bother me." I smiled politely and went back to my book.

by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2023 4:16 PM

It's nice to know Curtis is so humble.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2023 4:18 PM

I would have said, “Don’t worry Activia lady. I don’t eat yogurt.”

by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2023 4:22 PM

Ha I have a JLC story, not cunty, but very self aware- it was the late 90's, and I was heavy into rock climbing at the time. I was at Adventure 16 (the Neiman Marcus of outdoor equipment), waiting to pay for something, when she comes up and starts yelling at the top of her lungs, "LOOK AT YOUR ASS! IT'S AMAZING! EVERYONE LOOK AT THAT ASS!". It startled me, and I was befuddled, gamely saying, "But you're JLC, you have an amazing body (and she did at the time). She kept on ranting about my ass until I paid for my stuff and got the hell out of there.

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2023 4:26 PM

R4 please post that on Twitter and metoo her ass

by Anonymousreply 5March 19, 2023 4:28 PM

R4 she is bipolar

by Anonymousreply 6March 19, 2023 4:28 PM

If R4's story is true that's both disturbing and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2023 4:29 PM

Kevin James and Vince Vaughn are known as two of the biggest assholes in Hollywood. There are loads of stories on James that I have read online. James is the type of person to scream at extra on set, yeling "DON'T LOOK AT ME!".

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2023 4:29 PM

I would have said (and it would have been the absolute truth), "I'm sorry madam, but I have absolutely no idea who you are".

One time my friend, a famous celebrity (who inexplicably was in the middle), and I were peering through a glass at items for sale in a store. I said to my friend, "are these good prices?" -this was all high-end camera stuff, Hasselblad, etc. She just turned and looked at me. I said, as a joke, "I'm sorry, I was addressing his Grace". She turned and looked at him, and got red-faced. Thank goodness she knew what that kind of address meant. It would have went totally over the heads of most Americans.

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2023 4:31 PM

Someone please!! rehash the true and hilarious Sally Jessy Raphael furniture store salesman encounter.

by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2023 4:32 PM

R9 stories are no good without names

by Anonymousreply 11March 19, 2023 4:34 PM

"Oprah does not DO stairs!"

--Oprah

by Anonymousreply 12March 19, 2023 4:34 PM

r9, I can think of absolutely no possible reason why you could not have named that celebrity, other than you're playing coy.

by Anonymousreply 13March 19, 2023 4:35 PM

R10 Yes, please!

by Anonymousreply 14March 19, 2023 4:37 PM

R9 is a nasty cunt

by Anonymousreply 15March 19, 2023 4:46 PM

The obligatory dig at Americans as provincial peasants has gotten sooo very old.

by Anonymousreply 16March 19, 2023 4:48 PM

[quote]It would have went totally over the heads of most Americans.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 17March 19, 2023 4:48 PM

I can’t remember her goddamn name, ok? It was close to 30 years ago. And most Americans ARE provincial peasants, so get over it.

by Anonymousreply 18March 19, 2023 5:07 PM

SOMEONE has a case of the Mondays!

by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2023 5:33 PM

Are they in New Zealand?

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote]I would have said (and it would have been the absolute truth), "I'm sorry madam, but I have absolutely no idea who you are".

THIS.

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2023 5:41 PM

Here's the Sally furniture story:

[quote]Years ago I sold Sally Jessy Raphael some furniture, couldn't have been nicer, absolute sweetheart, super chatty. I get a call from her three days later, completely unhinged, where's my god damn furniture? I'm going to dispute the charge on my credit card... The carrier hadn't even picked up her pieces to ship to the east coast and she was expecting them in 3 days? nutcase.

Somebody also posted a story about Sally being a raging cunt to someone she hired to redo her kitchen. Supposedly she was such a nasty piece of work that the owner of the company called her personally to tell her they wouldn't finish the job if she didn't get her attitude under control.

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2023 5:51 PM

When my friend worked at Video West in West Hollywood, he said Faye Dunaway would simply drive up to the store and "honk" when she had videos to return.

by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2023 5:59 PM

[quote] And most Americans ARE provincial peasants, so get over it.

Well, smell YOU, Princess Margaret!

by Anonymousreply 24March 19, 2023 6:04 PM

I worked with Elaine Stritch one time. First day of rehearsal, she walks in, knowing nobody. She is carrying a brown paper bag. She bellows, “I’m diabetic and I need a refrigerator for my insulin.” No “Hello” no “I’m excited to be working on this project.” She also ate her lunch every day on the set in the rehearsal room.

by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2023 6:11 PM

R25 she was an interesting cat

by Anonymousreply 26March 19, 2023 6:13 PM

I saw Shemar Moore at a carnival parade in Toronto a few years back. He was riding a parade bus. The women were clamoring for his attention , they were all so thirsty, and rather than shake hands or blow air kisses, he was dangling his leg for them to hump

by Anonymousreply 27March 19, 2023 6:14 PM

R27, that is beyond trashy.

by Anonymousreply 28March 19, 2023 6:16 PM

Shemar Moore is very thirsty. Always. Remember when he was caught completely naked at a gay beach and denied being gay, saying something like "just because I'm naked on a gay beach doesn't mean I'm gay!".

by Anonymousreply 29March 19, 2023 6:25 PM

Kim Fields was an uppity cunt when she came into a store where I worked in the 90s. She had found her roots and was dressed in African chic attired and sunglasses (indoors). Kim got all pissy when the security guard (who was this very friendly black guy) approached her and told her how much he respected her work. After she snubbed him and walked away, he came over to me and said "Damn! Tootie's a bitch!"

Another day Mindy Cohn came in. Mindy was flirty and sweet, but the person she was with (who happened to be Cloris Leachman's daughter) was an absolute cunt. I knew it was Cloris's daughter as she was using her mom's credit card to pay for stuff she was buying. When I asked to see her ID she went full-on Karen. Mindy ended up just paying for it and apologized for her friend's rudeness.

by Anonymousreply 30March 19, 2023 6:32 PM

What happened when Mrs. Garrett came in, r30?

by Anonymousreply 31March 19, 2023 6:35 PM

R30, I'm not surprised. Kim Fields was a disaster on RHOA. She was paid to be on the show (as ALL of them are) yet she acted like she was so above the show and everyone on it. She cried constantly and was just miserable. Bitch, weren't you on this show because you couldn't pay your taxes?!

by Anonymousreply 32March 19, 2023 6:37 PM

R31 I never waited on her, but a friend of mine did when he was working at a market in Brentwood. Charlotte gave her a measly tip.

by Anonymousreply 33March 19, 2023 6:38 PM

The Place: Orso Restaurant in New York

The Time: early March 1997 a few weeks before the Oscars.

The Comment: Made by patrons at a table between mine and that of a famous actress “We adored you in The Mirror Has Two Faces and just wanted to say congratulations on your nomination!”

The Response: “Was I talking to you?!?!”

The CUNT: Lauren Bacall

by Anonymousreply 34March 19, 2023 6:39 PM

*him. sorry.

by Anonymousreply 35March 19, 2023 6:39 PM

R32 Kim Fields also a line of ghetto ass coffee products lol

Dry rubs, beans, body scrubs. Random shit with coffee in it. She’s nuts.

by Anonymousreply 36March 19, 2023 6:39 PM

Lauren Bacall needed to drink more of that coffee she used to shill.

by Anonymousreply 37March 19, 2023 6:41 PM

R23 Hilarious. Every awful thing Faye Dunaway does makes me love her even more.

by Anonymousreply 38March 19, 2023 6:45 PM

A New York university student wants to know how Lindsay Lohan ended up with her $11,000 mink coat. The New York Post reports Masha Markova, 22, lost the jacket at a party in New York Jan. 26 where she was seated next to Lohan. Two weeks later, she saw a photo in OK! Magazine taken that night of Lohan wearing the coat. Her lawyer called Lohan's, and the coat arrived at Markova's apartment two days later, reeking of cigarettes and booze. 'I don't see how it could have been an accident', Markova said

by Anonymousreply 39March 19, 2023 6:47 PM

R36, god, she's nuts!!! And she thinks she's rich. That makes her extra nuts lol.

by Anonymousreply 40March 19, 2023 6:48 PM

Who hasn't been cunted by Jamie Lee Curtis?

by Anonymousreply 41March 19, 2023 6:49 PM

Lauren was just in a bad mood because she couldn’t find her way to Tuesday Morning earlier that day R34.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 19, 2023 6:49 PM

[quote] She screamed at me in the mid 90s

Details please.

by Anonymousreply 43March 19, 2023 6:53 PM

R41 Bitch, you better post that motherfucking story

by Anonymousreply 44March 19, 2023 6:55 PM

Curtis was always a little too eager to show off her body.

by Anonymousreply 45March 19, 2023 6:59 PM

Years ago I had dinner with a friend and his visiting friend from New York who was a producer for the ABC Evening News. He worked closely with Peter Jennings who had the passive aggressive habit of making him wait in his office in silence for 15-20 minutes before he got around to addressing him and the matter at hand. This was regardless of whether he was summoned, had a scheduled meeting, or dropped in impromptu with a pressing concern. It wasn't for chit chat. Underlings time was not valuable to him.

by Anonymousreply 46March 19, 2023 7:04 PM

Curtis is a lovely woman. You knew who she was on that plane. She was just setting her boundaries. And you should only allow Ms. Curtis to address her, not you address her.

We all must respect Jamie Lee and her space.

And moving forward, please refer to her as OSCAR WINNER Jamie Lee Curtis.

Please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 47March 19, 2023 7:04 PM

R1, that would’ve annoyed me so much. I don’t think I would’ve been able to stop myself from rolling my eyes at her.

by Anonymousreply 48March 19, 2023 7:05 PM

Hi Jamie @ R47!

by Anonymousreply 49March 19, 2023 7:06 PM

Please let that be withering sarcasm . R47.

by Anonymousreply 50March 19, 2023 7:06 PM

JLC gives major money to charity without drawing attention to it. Her sins are forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 51March 19, 2023 7:07 PM

A tipsy Carolyn Bessette and her friend, 1997, outside a restaurant in soho, bumming a cig and a lighter from me. I told her I thought she was gorgeous and her & John Jr were a perfect couple, she just blankly stared at me for this 40 seconds, chewing her gum and lighting up then taking a few drags. She turned to leave as she gruffly said “thanks for the cigarette… Tinkerbell”, her friend giggled. Total cunt.

by Anonymousreply 52March 19, 2023 7:08 PM

R51 those donations are chic tax write offs.

by Anonymousreply 53March 19, 2023 7:08 PM

R52, well, she got her karma. She's dead now.

by Anonymousreply 54March 19, 2023 7:09 PM

[quote] Curtis was always a little too eager to show off her body.

Almost like she's trying to pretend she's NOT hiding a body part she shouldn't have

by Anonymousreply 55March 19, 2023 7:10 PM

People who choose to be an asshole love to do that thing where they blankly stare at you as if you're not human, but some strange creature. They know what they're doing. They observe other arrogant assholes doing it.

by Anonymousreply 56March 19, 2023 7:10 PM

I hate to ask… who’s JLC?

by Anonymousreply 57March 19, 2023 7:11 PM

Jamie Lee Curtis, goddess of yogurt.

by Anonymousreply 58March 19, 2023 7:11 PM

R57 Jesus Lawrence Christ. Died for your sins following a carpentry accident on some plywood.

by Anonymousreply 59March 19, 2023 7:13 PM

R56 Carolyn was allegedly a homophobic cunt who called JFKjr a “fag” constantly

by Anonymousreply 60March 19, 2023 7:13 PM

Lauren Backcall got hers. She hasn’t done anything lately!

by Anonymousreply 61March 19, 2023 7:16 PM

R52, you should have yelled out "neighhhhh". That's language a horse like her would have understood.

by Anonymousreply 62March 19, 2023 7:16 PM

I saw Prince Harry at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

by Anonymousreply 63March 19, 2023 7:16 PM

R59 - thank you!

by Anonymousreply 64March 19, 2023 7:17 PM

[quote]Carolyn was allegedly a homophobic cunt who called JFKjr a “fag” constantly

And now she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 65March 19, 2023 7:18 PM

R57 Joey Lawrence Cock

by Anonymousreply 66March 19, 2023 7:19 PM

Jamie Lee Curtis

by Anonymousreply 67March 19, 2023 7:24 PM

[quote] When my friend worked at Video West in West Hollywood, he said Faye Dunaway would simply drive up to the store and "honk" when she had videos to return.

That’s the kind of entitlement that cracks me up.

Please tell me that really happened r63.

by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2023 7:24 PM

Paging Chris Meloni

by Anonymousreply 69March 19, 2023 7:29 PM

R68 in the olden days video stores had that as a service. Drive up, honk, and a peon from the video store would come to your car and collect your videos for you. They would even rewind them and not charge you!

by Anonymousreply 70March 19, 2023 7:29 PM

The appropriate comeback to JLC in R1's story is: "Okay, but I still loved you in the Eurythmics."

by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2023 7:30 PM

The story I've read here before is that Faye would not only honk but toss her returned videos out the window onto the pavement.

by Anonymousreply 72March 19, 2023 7:31 PM

R70 if it was offered, Faye was the only one to utilize it. 99.9% of people just got out and used the drop box.

by Anonymousreply 73March 19, 2023 7:32 PM

R63 have you ever heard of PRIVACY?!

by Anonymousreply 74March 19, 2023 7:32 PM

R52, I looked up Carolyn Bessette's wikipedia page. Just reading about her early years tells me she was a bitchy popular girl all of her short life. I also learned that David Fincher encouraged Rosamund Pike to base Amy in Gone Girl on Bessette.

by Anonymousreply 75March 19, 2023 7:33 PM

Beanie Leanne Feldstein!

by Anonymousreply 76March 19, 2023 7:34 PM

R72 - I read she did that if the clerk didn't come out fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 77March 19, 2023 7:35 PM

R77 is correct. She would honk and you better run out ASAP or she’d chunk those tapes on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 78March 19, 2023 7:37 PM

Another classic Faye encounter, courtesy of [italic]Broadway World[/italic] ...

[quote]I was working alone in a very ritzy boutique in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills. I had only been working there a few weeks, so I was very conscious of making sure I made a good impression on all the celebrity clients who came in.

[quote]As I said, I was alone in the store (the owner and manager were downtown on a buying trip), and she came in. She was looking for a suit. We carried lots of suits. She started pulling things, handing them to me, until I had a very large and heavy pile of clothes in my arms, and she said, "Hold these for me." I assumed she meant to put them "on hold" for her while she went and ran another errand, so I started to lay the things down on the counter and organize this huge pile of clothes so I could neatly hang them and hold them for her. She noticed what I was doing (she was about 20 feet away at this point), and literally screamed at me, [bold]"I SAID HOLD THEM FOR ME! WHILE I WALK AROUND THE STORE! ARE YOU STUPID?"[/bold]

[quote]So, being young and new to the job, I did. I followed her around the store like a human coat rack, as she threw more and more clothes on top of me. Then, after about 2 hours of dealing with just general unpleasantness as she tried things on, she finally bought one suit. Not a great sale at all, but whatever ...

[quote]As she left, I went into the dressing room, which of course was an utter disaster—not one thing on a hanger, everything crumpled all over the floor—and as I was cleaning up, I noticed she'd left her sports bra on the bench in there. So, being nice, I ran out front (her Mercedes was parked directly in front of the store) and gestured to her through the passenger side window, being sure to be discreet about the bra.

[quote]Well, she got all angry again and started very aggressively gesturing for me to come around into traffic so I could hand her the bra through the driver's side door instead. Yes, that's right, her power trip is so extreme that she refused to roll down the passenger side window to let me hand her her bra and made me walk into traffic to hand it to her through the driver's side.

[quote]The kicker is, after all that, the owner returned to the store, and I told her that Ms. Dunaway had been in, and before I could go on she said, "Oh god, we hate her. You don't have to help her if she ever comes in here.” So I'd been scraping and bowing for no reason. HA!

by Anonymousreply 79March 19, 2023 7:38 PM

R22 I love you to pieces for finding my beloved Sally Jessy Raphael furniture encounter post. It’s so hilarious! And so bipolar! Lol

by Anonymousreply 80March 19, 2023 7:42 PM

Carrie Fisher and Paul Simon in a knock-down, drag-out screaming match past our booth headed out of the back entrance towards the parking lot at Musso and Frank, 1980's. I just looked at the waiter and he looked back at me, closed his eyes and nodded his head as if to say, "Yes, it's them" and asked what we'd like to order.

Donatella Versace at the table next to us at a restaurant on the wharf in Wooloomooloo. That woman can say "Fuck" in about six languages and did during the course of our meal.

Bill Cosby (I know: saying he's a "nasty cunt" isn't news) but this was years before his legal troubles. He was pissed off about something going onboard the QE2 docked in Honolulu to do a show on the ship that night. Just nasty to the staff, screaming and yelling at people who are, perforce, some of the nicest people on water if not on earth, hired to take care of the ship's passengers on the annual r-t-w cruise. His show wasn't that funny, either.

by Anonymousreply 81March 19, 2023 7:47 PM

R23 that’s another all-time classic!! Faye and the video store + Sally Jessy Raphael furniture store are soo funny that they are pure comedy!!!

by Anonymousreply 82March 19, 2023 7:48 PM

Did Sally ever get her furniture?

by Anonymousreply 83March 19, 2023 7:50 PM

OP must feel quite vindicated that Auntie Vivica A Fox is now relegated to doing car warranty commercials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 19, 2023 7:51 PM

My partner and I were having a drink at the Driskill Hotel bar in Austin TX and listening to Margaret Wright, who was the well-known lounge singer there. In walked Karen Black, who was filming a movie in Austin. She proceeded to get tipsy after a couple drinks and walked up to the piano and grabbed the microphone from Ms. Wright and addressed the singer and the crowd.

"I know Burt Bacharach and he would not approve of the way that you are singing it. Your interpretation is all wrong."

She then instructed Ms. Wright to accompany her on the piano while she sang it in the correct manner. Karen slurred her way through the song and everyone politely applauded. Karen the left the bar and went up to her room.

by Anonymousreply 85March 19, 2023 7:54 PM

I’ll have to call my friend Kathleen to remind me of the details - my friend Kathleen worked for a production co in LA in the 80s - she was/ lovely classy to the point of being a teeny bit dorky - a cross between Laura Linney and Shelley Long. In the late 80s she had to meet David Letterman at the airport and ride in a limo to a studio for a show - she was supposed to brief him on the show. Well - Yada Yada he was so rotten to her he made her cry - and then he was furious at her for crying and scolded her for the duration of the ride. To this day she hates the very mention of him!

by Anonymousreply 86March 19, 2023 8:01 PM

This involved my partner. He was sent to do a big TV piece on Annie Liebovitz, which she’d agreed to participate in.

After they arrived at her studio, she immediately started snapping at them as the crew set up (and they weren’t at all in her way). There was eye rolling and harrumphing and nasty asides. She was being aggressively rude and cunty and looking to pick fights over imaginary inconveniences. Usually, entitled celebs just need to throw a hissy to get it out of their systems and then, after some coddling, calm down. Not so here. She was just getting nastier and the cameras weren’t even rolling.

Finally, my partner went over to her and said, “I don’t want to be here any more than you do. So let’s make everyone happy. We are out of here.”

The puff piece on Annie as Legendary Photog for a major outlet never aired. But we do have that story to dine out on.

by Anonymousreply 87March 19, 2023 8:02 PM

R84 god she’s a bobble head

by Anonymousreply 88March 19, 2023 8:08 PM

R87 hilarious because you know she probably experienced similar from other stars

by Anonymousreply 89March 19, 2023 8:10 PM

Jamie Lee is constantly written about on Crazy Days and Nights...he says she puts on this front of being nice to everyone but in reality is terribly rude to the help at the award shows and premieres.

by Anonymousreply 90March 19, 2023 8:10 PM

R63 If your story is real, I commend you for not hocking a wad of phlegm in his fucking face. The mocking “huh huh huh” and hand in my face would have thrown me over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 91March 19, 2023 8:14 PM

[R63] if I was balding and ginger, I'd be quite pissed too.

by Anonymousreply 92March 19, 2023 8:15 PM

R34 I’m sorry but I find that story amusing. I can even hear Bacall bark it out in her unmistakable voice.

by Anonymousreply 93March 19, 2023 8:23 PM

Upper East Side Madison Ave. walking up town behind a distinguished looking woman and man at a good pace. The voice rings a bell as I’m following behind because they are walking like good true New Yorkers and cutting a path through the window shoppers. It’s Barbara Walters and this is the Saturday morning after the airing of her interview with Robin Givens who is claiming abuse from Mike Tyson. In the interview Barbara was all sweetness and support, on the street she was saying incredibly nasty things about her and how she thought none of it was true.

by Anonymousreply 94March 19, 2023 8:23 PM

R30 have a little sympathy for Dinah Englund. Her mother Cloris was a nasty woman who probably weighed her every day and berated her if she gained an ounce!

by Anonymousreply 95March 19, 2023 8:26 PM

Comments at R84's link are funny.

by Anonymousreply 96March 19, 2023 8:29 PM

R63 is Reddit copypasta à la "Demi Lovato flicked my vagina and spoke whale to me"

by Anonymousreply 97March 19, 2023 8:36 PM

When I waited tables in college in the 90s, an old “grand dame” actress came in to eat one night with her minions. She screamed at me, “I can see your fingerprints on my drink glass!” It was really weird because I couldnt see anything on her glass. One of her minions took me aside later and apologized and explained that she was so and so and that was just the way she was. I wish I could remember her name. She was such a crazy old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 98March 19, 2023 8:40 PM

People who can't remember names should die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 99March 19, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote]have a little sympathy for Dinah Englund. Her mother Cloris was a nasty woman who probably weighed her every day and berated her if she gained an ounce!

Her father, Robert, always seemed nice in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 100March 19, 2023 8:59 PM

Bless your heart, R91.

by Anonymousreply 101March 19, 2023 9:15 PM

I was in Baton Rouge airport once about 2003, and Chevy Chase was in front of me checking in. He was heavily 'disguised' but I had seen him get out of a limo and he lifted his sunglasses for a minute. He walked up to the dinky little Delta counter and just stood there. The gate agent said "On the 2:00 Atlanta flight?" and he seriously just stood there not speaking. She then said "ID Please?" and he basically just threw his entire wallet at her. She handed it back and said "I just need the driver's license." He was furious, and basically stuck his license in her face. She had no idea who he was, and I don't think she even realized it after she looked at his ID. Total asshole. She finished checking him in then said "I hope your day improves." She was only about 25 yrs old, so when I got up next to the counter I just said - he thinks he's super important - so I told her who he was - not a clue. Side note - he was way taller than I'd expected.

by Anonymousreply 102March 19, 2023 9:27 PM

R100 and he divorced Cloris…… probably because he was sick of her shit!

by Anonymousreply 103March 19, 2023 9:47 PM

R100 her father’s name was George.

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2023 9:51 PM

I was the one who posted about Sally Jessy and the kitchen remodel. My friend works for a high-end kitchen remodel company in Manhattan and they routinely deal with athletes, politicians, celebrities of all kinds. And yet it was Sally who was such a cunt to the poor installation guys that the president of the company had to call her personally and say if she didn't tone it down, they weren't coming back.

by Anonymousreply 105March 19, 2023 10:04 PM

Beanie didn’t sign my program at the stage door of Funny Girl. How rude and entitled is that?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 106March 19, 2023 10:18 PM

R95 - My mom, who was heavy, always mentioned that Clorus Leachman hated fat people when Clorox would show up on tv. I never knew where she got that idea.

by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2023 10:45 PM

R107 here. I meant Cloris* both times I mentioned her. Damn auto-correct.

by Anonymousreply 108March 19, 2023 10:48 PM

R108 Clorox Leachman would be a fun drag name

by Anonymousreply 109March 19, 2023 10:57 PM

I prefer Clitoris Leachman myself. She always seemed like she was a crazy and mean actress.

by Anonymousreply 110March 19, 2023 11:03 PM

R1 I would have smiled and said “sure.” “I have no idea who you are and wasn’t planning on any social interaction” as I held up my book.

by Anonymousreply 111March 19, 2023 11:11 PM

I'm disappointed to learn that Cate is a nasty cunt and a chain smoker

by Anonymousreply 112March 19, 2023 11:12 PM

[quote]Clorox Leachman would be a fun drag name

There's an ancient drag queen in New Orleans named Klorocks Bleachman. (She changed the spelling after getting a cease-and-desist letter from the Clorox Company.)

by Anonymousreply 113March 19, 2023 11:29 PM

When Faye Dunaway was married to Peter Wolf and lived in Boston’s Back Bay, she frequently shopped at Lord &Taylor.

She was notorious for returning expensive items of clothing after having obviously worn them.

After a while, it became a game among the store employees. Those who spotted Faye entering the store first would scatter and hide and whoever was the last to notice her had to wait on her.

by Anonymousreply 114March 19, 2023 11:30 PM

[quote] There's an ancient drag queen in New Orleans named Klorocks Bleachman. (She changed the spelling after getting a cease-and-desist letter from the Clorox Company.)

Why the fuck would Clorox waste the cost of an attorney writing a letter to stop some nothing drag queen from using the name?

by Anonymousreply 115March 19, 2023 11:34 PM

I saw Jocelyn Wildebeest on the Bill Cunningham corner of 5th Ave. and it startled me so much I dropped my lunch on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 116March 19, 2023 11:34 PM

R116 do you think R115 works at Clorox? How the hell is he supposed to know why they did it?

by Anonymousreply 117March 19, 2023 11:36 PM

You're kind of an idiot, aren't you, R117?

by Anonymousreply 118March 19, 2023 11:45 PM

I'm shocked no one has posted a JLO story yet. She is a known cunt but I've only heard secondhand info.

by Anonymousreply 119March 19, 2023 11:57 PM

Jlo rarely interacts with the public

by Anonymousreply 120March 20, 2023 12:01 AM

An old acquaintance was working the stage door of a London theatre where Helen Mirren was appearing in a play.

Every evening there was some sort of system whereby they had to sign in for fire safety issues etc. Acquaintance was taking a while to find the relevant piece of paper for Helen, was a little nervous as a result and asked if she’d had a nice Christmas holiday.

She snapped: ‘I don’t think that’s ANY of your business’

by Anonymousreply 121March 20, 2023 12:09 AM

Angela Basset did the thing to me on MY special night.

by Anonymousreply 122March 20, 2023 12:12 AM

It would have taken Mirren literally less time to answer simply “fine, thank you” than to be so unnecessarily snotty.

by Anonymousreply 123March 20, 2023 12:12 AM

R123 "literally"

by Anonymousreply 124March 20, 2023 12:33 AM

R97, the first time I saw it, it featured Leonardo DiCaprio as the celebrity R97. Which made it eminently believable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 20, 2023 12:37 AM

Seriously, I wouldn't speak to, or acknowledge the presence of, a famous person unless the social or work environment called for it.

If they want my attention, and I can't think any reason they would, they can let me know, and maybe I'll give it and maybe I won't.

And no, that's not a put-down of myself, that's a reinforcement of my own dignity.

One of the great things about getting old is that I don't have to give a rat's ass about, or take shit off, any celebrity.

You only work in front of camera, you know.

by Anonymousreply 126March 20, 2023 12:53 AM

^ I feel the same way. I would rather have a normal interaction with them if the situation called for it, or otherwise ignore them. The idea of gushing over someone famous makes me ill

by Anonymousreply 127March 20, 2023 1:23 AM

I've seen tons of celebs in person and I've never gushed over them or done that "I'm such a fan of yours" bullshit. It's so tacky and gauche.

by Anonymousreply 128March 20, 2023 1:27 AM

R102 We were in NYC to see Cheyenne Jackson in Finian's Rainbow. Chevy Chase was in the lobby during the intermission, trying to cadge drinks from people who recognized him because the bartenders had shut him off.

by Anonymousreply 129March 20, 2023 1:55 AM

Not a celeb, but a nasty festering cunt all the same, the undead Cindy Adams.

In my youth I ran into her as a shopbottom. While assisting her colleague, Miss Adam flicked her eyes up and down over me to let me know in the most vulgar and primitive way that I was beneath her.

When you read her backstory, that encounter becomes even more laughable. Skank from birth who married a gay, closeted corpse.

Similarly, Yoko Ono glared at me because I stared to hard at her ridiculous son whom I mistook for a classmate.

by Anonymousreply 130March 20, 2023 2:47 AM

A friend of a friend worked in a restaurant. Mariah Carey came in with a large entourage. They used up the entire restaurant or at least a large chunk of it (lunch). (This may have been back when she was touring and had dancers, etc.) Anyway, per Mariah's request, her group was served by male waiters, only. No females were allowed to serve her group. Insecure!!!

by Anonymousreply 131March 20, 2023 2:56 AM

[quote] I ran into her as a shopbottom

I can't even picture Cindy Adams being a shopbottom, R130

by Anonymousreply 132March 20, 2023 2:59 AM

R79 there's an autistic person I'd like to see her do that to. They would just start screaming N0! NO! NO! and push things over.

It'd be entertaining for about 2 seconds and then it would just be sad.

by Anonymousreply 133March 20, 2023 3:22 AM

i want to know what videos Miss Dunaway checked out.

by Anonymousreply 134March 20, 2023 3:45 AM

{r63} come on did that REALLY happen. You think harry would be on his best behavior right now.

by Anonymousreply 135March 20, 2023 3:49 AM

R135 Of course it didn't - see copypasta reference at R97

by Anonymousreply 136March 20, 2023 3:51 AM

R134 Don Juan DeMarco, it’s a goddamn fantastic picture! Why don’t you little gay boys talk about that?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 20, 2023 3:52 AM

In my youth, as a shopbottom, I ran into the undead Cindy Adams. As I assisted her colleague, Miss Adam flicked her eyes up and down over me to let me know in the most vulgar and primitive way that I was beneath her.

Similarly, Yoko Ono glared at me because I stared too hard at her ridiculous son whom I mistook for a classmate

by Anonymousreply 138March 20, 2023 3:55 AM

R138 needs a MTI or something.

by Anonymousreply 139March 20, 2023 3:58 AM

Robin Williams. Cunt. I was walking down the street and some cunt was walking too close and directly behind me for no reason, I turned to glare at the cunt and it was Robin Williams.

by Anonymousreply 140March 20, 2023 4:00 AM

[quote] I'm disappointed to learn that Cate is a nasty cunt and a chain smoker

I'm disappointed to learn that Obama is a chain smoker.

by Anonymousreply 141March 20, 2023 4:12 AM

I’m just disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 142March 20, 2023 4:21 AM

[quote]r123 It would have taken Mirren literally less time to answer simply “fine, thank you” than to be so unnecessarily snotty.

Mirren.

[bold] #Cancelled

by Anonymousreply 143March 20, 2023 4:23 AM

I don’t think someone being a little curt to tacky fan gushing is really cunty. I assume most celebrities do not want be fawned over in their day to day lives by desperate strangers in public.

by Anonymousreply 144March 20, 2023 4:29 AM

R144 then don’t become famous

by Anonymousreply 145March 20, 2023 4:31 AM

R145 Many celebrities aren’t fame whores. Someone like Ed Harris who doesn’t have social media, just does the work and some promotional tour, he should be hounded in public?

by Anonymousreply 146March 20, 2023 4:33 AM

I worked at Tower records in NYC in the late 80s/early 90s. Waited on tons of celebs. Biggest cunts- Steve Martin, Maureen McGovern, Patti Smith. Nicest people- Joshua Bell, Howard McGillin, Dianne Reeves and Keith Richards, who did an in-store and spent time with us in the back room holding court after the signing.

Whoopi was a minor bitch at first. If we were working the floor instead of the registers, we had to go up to every customer in our department to ask if they needed help. I approached Whoopi and before I could open my mouth, she said- Please don't ask for an autograph. If I have to do it for you, I have to do it for everyone.

I responded, completely over it, "Actually, I work here and we have to ask everyone if they need help finding anything." She looked at me and burst out laughing, embarrassed. I told her I hated going up to strangers and bothering them as much as she hated to be bothered and then I left her alone, so she was okay with me.

A few times I got called down the street to sub in at Tower Video when they were super busy or short handed. Lauren Bacall terrorized that place and everyone was afraid of her, so they always stuck me with her since I was the outsider. I never had a problem with her. I don't know if it was because I wasn't afraid of her, or I had been warned so much about her that I was more prepared, but I wasn't nice to her, I wasn't rude to her, I was just polite and crisp and didn't take her shit. Not that there was really any shit to take.

I stopped subbing in after a few months because I went to part time when school started, until one day I was at the record store and a call came in for me- Hurry up and get down the block. Lauren Bacall was there and wanted the only person in the store who knew anything about movies- me. So I ran down there and helped her out. Of course, no thank you or any kind of gratitude for pulling me in there, just entitlement that of course she should have the employee she wanted.

I wish I could remember what she wanted, but I really was one of the few people there who knew about films. I used to call my mom after every time I waited on her and tell her about it. My mom would always say- Play your cards right, maybe she'll adopt you. Can you imagine? *shudder*

by Anonymousreply 147March 20, 2023 5:03 AM

Oh wow OP, if true, she is one nasty beeyatch. Shes not even that mainstream famous. And hasnt appeared in a hit movie since Kill Bill.

by Anonymousreply 148March 20, 2023 5:17 AM

r1 well at least she was straightforward about it. That doesn't really come across as cunty to me. It just plays into the DL narrative of her being insufferable, but she was just being real. JLC, Academy award winner, is mainstream famous unlike Vivica A. Fox.

by Anonymousreply 149March 20, 2023 5:19 AM

r4 oh my, that is rather obnoxious. I know some on DL will now claim shes on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 150March 20, 2023 5:38 AM

[quote]R146 Many celebrities aren’t fame whores. Someone like Ed Harris who doesn’t have social media, just does the work and some promotional tour, should be hounded in public?

Yes. Just as all stars were BEFORE social media.

1.) Ed Harris would fall to his knees to suck the devil’s cock if it meant he’d be hounded by fans or the press at his age, and 2.) r145 is absolutely right. It’s long been accepted that if you want an anonymously private life, DO NOT seek fame.

by Anonymousreply 151March 20, 2023 5:41 AM

OR - become a drama teacher.

by Anonymousreply 152March 20, 2023 5:43 AM

Yes! And bitterly sabotage your students’ scene work!

by Anonymousreply 153March 20, 2023 5:46 AM

[quote] r75 Just reading about Carolyn Bessette's early years tells me she was a bitchy popular girl all of her short life. I also learned that David Fincher encouraged Rosamund Pike to base Amy in Gone Girl on Bessette.

That’s interesting. I additionally read that when he was casting that role he had a young Faye Dunaway in mind. He’s certainly an exceptional director.

[quote] [bold]David Fincher: ‘I wanted the new Faye Dunaway for Gone Girl’[/bold]

[quote] Moviemaker David Fincher cast British actress Rosamund Pike as his leading lady in new thriller Gone Girl because she reminded him of movie veteran Faye Dunaway. The director admits he would have cast the Chinatown star as the missing wife of Ben Affleck’s character if the film was shot 40 years ago, and he set about trying to find a modern-day equivalent.

[quote]Fincher tells Playboy, “I wanted Faye Dunaway in Chinatown, where you think, ‘This person has experienced avenues of pain that no one can articulate. Or Faye in Network, where it’s, ‘You’re never going to get to the bottom of this, so just stop’. It’s crazy how much Rosamund reminds me of Faye.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 20, 2023 7:26 AM

Please approach us and tell us how much you admire us and love us while still respecting our privacy.

by Anonymousreply 155March 20, 2023 9:24 AM

Queen Latifah is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 156March 20, 2023 9:59 AM

R125 R97, I thought R63's story was apocryphal yet familiar. Clearly another one of Klanny Gran Poo Shoe's Dumbvida fabrications.

Best part is when you look at her other blocked posts from that login, she comments that she's tired of anti Harry posts on the Datalounge. FF then block the slag. I wonder how many of these other posts are her making up petty jealous stories about her actually accomplished contemporaries 45 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 157March 20, 2023 10:27 AM

I think the best response to Jamie Lee Curtis preemptively telling someone not to bother her would be a nice, crisp "shut up, asshole". The retail worker could have put Dunaway's bra under a wiper blade and walked off.

by Anonymousreply 158March 20, 2023 10:33 AM

Is Davida in the room with us now, R157?

by Anonymousreply 159March 20, 2023 10:36 AM

R145 and R151 Both incorrect

by Anonymousreply 160March 20, 2023 11:42 AM

[quote] Jamie Lee Curtis

It can't be easy being her.

She produced a baby who was a son who thinks they're a daughter. Or, perhaps, it was a daughter pretending to be a son dressing as a daughter?

Such a turmoil!

by Anonymousreply 161March 20, 2023 11:44 AM

r1 is a great story but fictitious. What's the point of preemptively telling someone not to bother them instead of waiting until they've actually bothered them? JLC certainly didn't expect that he would wake her up while she was dozing.

And the timing of this little anecdote adds to my skepticism.

by Anonymousreply 162March 20, 2023 11:51 AM

Actress: Della Reese

Place: Hamburger Hamlet restaurant (Sunset Blvd). This restaurant was a popular lunch/dinner catch-all for anyone filming at CBS studios which was nearby. I waited on many celebs during the year+ that I worked there. There was also a much smaller neighborhood HH not far from there that I'd work occasionally, and that one also had celebs in and out all day.

Time: Some time in the mid 70s.

We were having a rather busy lunch shift. She entered the restaurant like a diva on steroids, arms flailing around, sneering at the patron-peasants as she made her way to a (demanded) center of the room (look at me!) table. She was wearing some sort of African dashiki getup with a large headdress (so she could remain low-key and not draw attention to herself of course). She was accompanied by two or three harried looking black males who silently screamed of Help. we are slaves!. She held court there for the next two hours. Nasty? You know it. Vile, ugly human. Her entire demeanor was horrid as she swore a ghetto mile. I caught her eye one unfortunate time. If looks could kill I'd be dead. She had a mouth on her like a longshoreman. She really did believe she shit chocolate ice cream. Nothing was right, nothing came quickly enough. It was a constant game of "One-thinging", where when you bring something there is always another request for something else ... then you bring that and there is yet another request for something else, and on and on and on. I don't recall if a tip was left. I just wanted her to leave. She was not nice and this confused me, as she always came off as pleasant during interviews. She was a total Fakir from Dashiki-Acre.

by Anonymousreply 163March 20, 2023 1:54 PM

R161, She didn’t produce anyone, both children were adopted.

by Anonymousreply 164March 20, 2023 2:02 PM

R163 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 20, 2023 2:05 PM

Vile R165. Simply vile.

by Anonymousreply 166March 20, 2023 2:21 PM

R4....If she wanted to compliment you, she could have just said it to you quietly.....instead of making a spectacle and screaming it in a store. Even as a compliment, I wouldn't approach a stranger about that. She's unfiltered...

by Anonymousreply 167March 20, 2023 2:30 PM

My friend's uncle was a driver for celebrities. He said that Bono was a massive cheater who would bring his "groupies" with him. Mariah was just a direct bitch and didn't make any small talk. All she said was "drive!". P Diddy was the nicest of the people he drove, he said he was really chill.

by Anonymousreply 168March 20, 2023 4:24 PM

R4? Never happened.

by Anonymousreply 169March 20, 2023 4:52 PM

R163-racist cunt fuck

by Anonymousreply 170March 20, 2023 4:57 PM

[quote]R158 I think the best response to Jamie Lee Curtis preemptively telling someone not to bother her would be a nice, crisp "shut up, asshole".

I genuinely would not have recognized her in a hat and dark glasses. Once I caught on I’d feign incomprehension, ask if she was a jailbird on the lam, and ring the attendant to state I could not be part of a coverup.

#iWantToSpeakToTheManager

by Anonymousreply 171March 20, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote] He said that Bono was a massive cheater who would bring his "groupies" with him.

I can believe this. U2 stayed at a hotel where I used to work. Bono hit on a good-looking female coworker. He & the band hung out in a private lounge with ~ 4 groupie-looking women. The Edge drank in the hotel bar and my coworker said he smelled strongly of BO. The drummer, Larry Mullen Jr., was very nice, nodded his head to me as we crossed paths in a hallway.

by Anonymousreply 172March 20, 2023 6:11 PM

R169, Scout’s Honor, it did. But since you don’t believe me, I shall withhold my Faye Dunaway stories.

by Anonymousreply 173March 20, 2023 6:34 PM

There are many, many stories about MISS Dunaway’s high handed antics in and about L.A. She lived in West Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 174March 20, 2023 7:29 PM

Faye sounds hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 175March 20, 2023 7:31 PM

IIRC there was a story about Faye taking a shit in a dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 176March 20, 2023 7:34 PM

Assorted Faye fuckery from various old threads ...

[quote]Best Karening by Dunaway story I've ever heard was told right here, probably back in the late 90's, by a guy who worked in a hotel where she had an extended stay while in town for some show that was here. Masterclass or something, maybe. Anyway, she calls to the restaurant in the MORNING, demanding to know: "What is the fish of the day?". The poor guy who posted it described an all-day saga of having to explain to her that the fish hadn't been caught yet and that he couldn't predict the catch and that he was the morning crew and couldn't help her out with the dinner menu. It was escalated to his manager, among many others. To everyone, she demanded an answer to "What IS The Fish of The Day?!". She'd become unhinged, basically being a pest and insulting all hotel staff, with all of them sarcastically screaming to each other "What IS the Fish of The Day?!". The poster himself was a scream. It became a classic Datalounge thread within a thread. Back in the day, the line became a standard message with my friends and family for missed phone calls whereas if you ended up in someone's voicemail, instead of saying "hi, it's mee...yada yada yada...." you'd scream "This IS Miss Dunaway. What IS the fish of the day?!" and then hang up. That Dunaway thread was priceless. Wish I could find it.

[quote]I remember a story here of someone who was a neighbor when she lived off Melrose. He said he would pass her house each day on his way to work. One day he passed her house and rounded the corner only to see Miss Dunaway out back by the alley punching, kicking and cursing a derelict refrigerator that had failed her.

[quote]She was staying at the Georgian Terrace hotel in midtown Atlanta while filming a movie. She had a PA that was provided for hire by the hotel and was not a PA that travelled with her. She asked for the PA to buy her "plum tomatoes". The PA, not understanding, brought her a bag of plums. When she arrived back at the hotel and was handed the bag of plums, Faye got irate and threw the plums--one at a time--at the PA in front of hotel staff. "These are PLUMS! These are NOT not plum TOMATOES!"

by Anonymousreply 177March 20, 2023 7:38 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about Faye Dunaway? Her stories are repetitive and her heyday was four decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 178March 20, 2023 7:42 PM

This is not a “Faye Dunaway is a CUNT” story, this is a “Faye Dunaway is INSANE” story. Back when I lived in LA, I went to A Votre Santé on La Brea (now closed) for lunch. Just as I was leaving, Dorothy Faye Dunaway waltzes in to pick a to-go order. I walk around the corner, get in my car, and make a right on La Brea. Faye pulls out right in front of me, driving a white convertible. She makes a right on Beverly Blvd, as do I, as I’m heading home to WeHo. Her car suddenly starts swerving back and forth, and her head is bobbing up and down. My first thought is, she’s drunk. I pull into the left lane to avoid rear ending her, and she suddenly slows down and I find myself driving directly beside her.

Then I see that she has strands of linguini hanging out of her mouth, and had moved her takeout food onto her lap, not being able to wait the FIVE MINUTES to get home to Spaulding Ave to eat.

Our eyes met, she realized she was busted looking like au utter pig, and she floored it to get away from me.

The sign of a true narcissist/addict. Now. I want it NOW. FUCK those six blocks and waiting for the light to cross Melrose. Verucha Salt complex.

Only thing worse would’ve been eating chocolate pudding with her fingers like Rhonda.

by Anonymousreply 179March 20, 2023 7:45 PM

R147. Love your story. What kind of cunty details do you have about Steve Martin and Patti Smith?

by Anonymousreply 180March 20, 2023 7:53 PM

[quote]There was at least one person whom even Dunaway was intimidated by. While filming the 1987 movie “Barfly,” co-starring the actress and Mickey Rourke, the notorious Charles Bukowski — who’d written the script, derived from his memoirs — was sometimes on set. “Bukowski was a pugnacious alcoholic and would get into a fight with anyone at the drop of a hat,” said Jonathan Hodges, who was an assistant prop-master on the film. “So she never messed around with him.”

[quote]A New York media insider recalled walking through Times Square in 1981 and seeing the actress and her parents gawking at the lines of “Mommie Dearest” theater-goers that were “literally around the block . . . It’s one of the nicest things I ever saw, a prideful daughter with two very proud parents. “Years later, I find myself sitting with her at the Hollywood Improv. I told her how she gave me one of my favorite moments, when I saw her standing in Times Square with her parents. She cursed me out. Turns out she didn’t like talking about her [now-deceased] parents anymore — how dare I remind her of them.”

by Anonymousreply 181March 20, 2023 8:01 PM

Years ago I was in a coffee shop in Weho and about to grab a seat at a table where there was no one seated. Suddenly, this crazy lady kicks the chair I’m about to sit in and it flies across the room. She then looks at me and scowls “you can’t sit with me”. It was Rose McGowan. My knee jerk reaction was to tell her to “f*ck off” and I did.

by Anonymousreply 182March 20, 2023 8:06 PM

[quote]R179 Then I see that she has strands of linguini hanging out of her mouth, and had moved her takeout food onto her lap, not being able to wait the FIVE MINUTES to get home to Spaulding Ave to eat.

Dunaway’s autobiography is interesting, partially because she’s one of the few performers in a memoir like that to go into specifics about acting technique. She goes on and on about acting choices and approaches … which is really quite admirable. Miss Dunaway is a [italic]professional![/italic]

She’s kind of oblique about her long history of substance abuse but acknowledges that food was another addiction of hers. In college she was homesick for the south and gained 20 lbs. miserably eating a lot of fried clam platters alone at Howard Johnson’s.

I think part of her notorious harpy-dom is due to constantly being starving and on a diet. But she’s certifiable due to other issues as well, of course.

by Anonymousreply 183March 20, 2023 8:17 PM

Slimmed down after college, but not famous yet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 20, 2023 8:20 PM

They killed him.

by Anonymousreply 185March 20, 2023 8:22 PM

R172, they all sound like a bunch of cunts. Whenever people act self-righteous and holier than thou (i.e. Bono), you can bet they are the opposite of that in "real" life.

by Anonymousreply 186March 20, 2023 8:31 PM

Faye is a professional when it comes to her acting techique--she's genuinely one of the greatst actresses to debut in the 60s or 70s--but she is a drunk. Bette Davis said that she was the worst person she ever worked with and she said she came to work drunk.

by Anonymousreply 187March 20, 2023 8:33 PM

R178, you are not alone!

by Anonymousreply 188March 20, 2023 8:34 PM

Time: Late 70s

Place: Bloomingdale's, New York

Actress: Lauren Bacall

Ms Bacall, accompanied by her agent who told me the story, walks up to a shopgirl and announces, " I'm Lauren Bacall. Do you have anything for me?" This was not a one-off for her, he said. It was customary.

by Anonymousreply 189March 20, 2023 8:52 PM

Dunaway has nerve acting like she is some aristocrat. She is Florida panhandle white trash. And obviously acts like it.

by Anonymousreply 190March 20, 2023 8:54 PM

I told this before. My old manager worked in a hotel Cher was staying at while she was in town on tour.

Anyway, the chef worked hard at preparing some fruit salad especially for Cher my old manager served it to Cher. Cher was taken aback like what is this shit and wanted to send it back. My manager didn't play that celebrity catering game and said curtly "sorry, that's all we have" and proceeded to walk away.

Cher said Bitch! Threw the salad bowl at her and it hit her in the back of the head. The manager was shocked and Cher's bodyguard apparently ran over asking if she was ok.

She didn't sue or anything. I asked why not make a better salad for Cher but she said nope, the chef already went out of their way and she doesn't play that celebrity better than thou game. This was a city of about 400k population.

by Anonymousreply 191March 20, 2023 8:55 PM

[quote] In college she was homesick for the south and gained 20 lbs. miserably eating a lot of fried clam platters alone at Howard Johnson’s.

This is a great story: clam platters from Howard Johnson. FYI, Jacques Pepin used to work at Howard Johnson's in some type of creative management position. He was offered a job in the White House, but chose HJ, instead.

I can believe that the drive to stay skinny drove her crazy. She had a great look in Chinatown.

I still wouldn't want to deal with her and wish that the poster, above, had stuck that bra under a windshield wiper. What a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 192March 20, 2023 8:58 PM

Della Reese was an actress? I thought she was just a singer.

by Anonymousreply 193March 20, 2023 9:03 PM

[quote] then I see that she has strands of linguini hanging out of her mouth . . .

Okay, R179, you win!

by Anonymousreply 194March 20, 2023 9:05 PM

R179 I once ate a breakfast burrito with two hands while driving down I5. I steered with my knees. Someone isn't a narcissist just because they're really hungry. That word needs to die.

by Anonymousreply 195March 20, 2023 9:11 PM

[quote]r192 This is a great story: clam platters from Howard Johnson. FYI, Jacques Pepin used to work at Howard Johnson's in some type of creative management position. He was offered a job in the White House, but chose HJ, instead.

Lily Tomlin is another Hojo’s alumni! She worked at the Time Square location that was razed in 2005.

She satirized that period of her life in this piece:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 20, 2023 9:17 PM

R193, She was on the television series “Touched By An Angel”.

by Anonymousreply 197March 20, 2023 9:20 PM

R197 and before that she costarred in films with Redd Roxx. I say that because the poster said that this Hamburger Hamlet incident happened back in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 198March 20, 2023 9:21 PM

^^^ That's right I forgot. I never watched that show.

by Anonymousreply 199March 20, 2023 9:22 PM

R192 and R196, Their fried clams were terrible. They were just clam strips, no bellies like those here in New England.

Years ago, Wednesday was HoJo’s all you can eat fish day.

by Anonymousreply 200March 20, 2023 9:24 PM

Lay off Howard Johnson’s fried clam platters, little homosexual boy!

Those made me what I am today!

by Anonymousreply 201March 20, 2023 9:27 PM

R200 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 20, 2023 9:28 PM

I preferred the Big Boy’s Blue Plate Special.

by Anonymousreply 203March 20, 2023 9:36 PM

Off topic but curious because I never went to one: whatever happened to all the Howard Johnsons? Seems like they were hugely popular and everywhere, but they are all gone now?

Were they like a Denny's?

by Anonymousreply 204March 20, 2023 9:37 PM

A nice fellow who waited on us in his native resort town, 2001 (?) told us that in the winters he lived in New York City and made bank at an Italian restaurant. He was the only one Yoko Ono allowed to wait on her, he said, he was not allowed to really speak to her, and there was a physical credit card kept there specifically so that she never saw a bill. He said they called her The Monkey.

by Anonymousreply 205March 20, 2023 9:50 PM

[quote]r204 Off topic but curious because I never went to one: whatever happened to all the Howard Johnsons?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 20, 2023 9:54 PM

R195, so you’re saying Dorothy Faye isn’t a narcissist? HAHAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 207March 20, 2023 10:18 PM

R179 Wait...is that really the sign of a true narcissist/addict? Because I start eating my grubhub order before I've even gotten into the elevator.

by Anonymousreply 208March 20, 2023 10:27 PM

[quote] Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about Faye Dunaway? Her stories are repetitive and her heyday was four decades ago.

This is DL. People post topics about celebs who died like 100 years ago. At least Faye was in classic movies that people still watch TODAY.

by Anonymousreply 209March 20, 2023 10:43 PM

I always eat in the car. Probably wouldn't eat linguini by hand whilst driving, but have eaten pizza, chips, burgers, pies, sausage in bread, souvlaki.

I don't consider myself a narcissist, but I have also floored it Dunaway style when caught eating by fellow motorists out of shame.

by Anonymousreply 210March 20, 2023 10:47 PM

R210 are you a mobile hog?

by Anonymousreply 211March 20, 2023 10:51 PM

Keeping a physical credit card at a restaurant so you never had to see the bill. Now that's what I call living.

by Anonymousreply 212March 20, 2023 11:00 PM

[quote]R209 This is DL. People post topics about celebs who died like 100 years ago. At least Faye was in classic movies that people still watch TODAY.

Faye has always been my favorite star (although her contemporary Jane Fonda is really a better actress, with a broader range.)

Dunaway is just such a beautiful, neurotic mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 20, 2023 11:00 PM

If I remember this was in 2007. French quarters New Orleans(yeah I live here). Brad Pitt and Angie who had bought a mansion in the quarter after Hurricane Katrina. Clover Grill around 0200. I work night shift at a hospital and it was my night off with a few co workers. And we had a few drinks ending up at the Clover. Brad Pitt came in with a dude we think was his bodyguard. We see a lot of the famous here and try not to bug them. Well he looked like he had a few alcoholic drinks in him. As we did. We started talking about the hamburgers and then moved on to other fun things and Brad joined us. Mr. Pitt was as nice as could be and we laughed till we cried with him. And he was super nice to the staff.

AND THEN a big guy comes in and says to Brad "she's been looking for you". And "you need to come back right now". And Brad says "fuck her I'm having fun" and we all cheered. Big guy says something like she wants you home now! Brad gets up and tells us I better get back to the "ball and chain or she will make my life hell" "she can be a real bitch" as I remember. We all assumed it was Angie. And yeah Brad was wasted but fun.

by Anonymousreply 214March 20, 2023 11:01 PM

R214 " French quarters"

I wonder if you're drunk right now?

by Anonymousreply 215March 20, 2023 11:04 PM

Fun story but I don't believe Brad Pitt called Jolie a bitch in front of a bunch of strangers. He seems way too savvy for that.

by Anonymousreply 216March 20, 2023 11:08 PM

[R215] Just a little high. [R216] He was wasted. You don't have to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 217March 20, 2023 11:13 PM

My cunt is nasty

by Anonymousreply 218March 20, 2023 11:21 PM

Good because I don't.

by Anonymousreply 219March 20, 2023 11:25 PM

I was reading an article about an old house I admire in New Orleans and the owner said they let a movie be filmed there and Faye Dunaway threw a candle on the floor and left a stain. Not sure if this was in the script or part of an outburst.

by Anonymousreply 220March 20, 2023 11:32 PM

R213, at her peak, Dunaway was really stunning. It's really surprising how quickly her looks deterioriated.

by Anonymousreply 221March 20, 2023 11:32 PM

[quote]I can believe this. U2 stayed at a hotel where I used to work. Bono hit on a good-looking female coworker. He & the band hung out in a private lounge with ~ 4 groupie-looking women. The Edge drank in the hotel bar and my coworker said he smelled strongly of BO. The drummer, Larry Mullen Jr., was very nice, nodded his head to me as we crossed paths in a hallway.

I've read posts like this before: Bono = tool, Edge = weird & stinky, Larry = low key & polite. I don't know how people co-exist in close quarters with people with very bad BO, particularly if it's someone frequenting luxury hotels & the like.

by Anonymousreply 222March 20, 2023 11:38 PM

I had waited an hour and a half in line for a ride at Great Adventure. Was in the front seat line, so the wait was even longer. Finally, I was next in line - watched gleefully as my train pulled in. And Chris Rock and his family come walking up from the exit and are given my spot, without waiting at all.

by Anonymousreply 223March 20, 2023 11:54 PM

R222, I’ve posted my U2 story on DL before. At this point, I could be mistaken about the BO - could’ve been Adam Clayton who smelled bad. I definitely remember Bono chatting up my coworker, tho, and I remember passing by Larry Mullen, who was / is handsome. He’s pretty short (Mullen).

by Anonymousreply 224March 21, 2023 12:12 AM

[quote]r221 at her peak, Dunaway was really stunning. It's really surprising how quickly her looks deterioriated.

She lived a high stress life, and abused drugs and alcohol for a long time before she cleaned up (in her 40s?)

All that can really take a toll on your looks, long term.

by Anonymousreply 225March 21, 2023 12:21 AM

I d give JLC a pass....Her parents were 2 of the biggest old Hollywood stars...She probably had to deel with crazy fans as a child...

by Anonymousreply 226March 21, 2023 12:25 AM

[quote] JLC … She probably had to deal with crazy fans as a child...

She had a child she probably sent crazy.

by Anonymousreply 227March 21, 2023 12:37 AM

Faye also had terrible plastic surgery and caps/veneers. She was striking before she started fucking with her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228March 21, 2023 12:48 AM

I remember someone once wrote that post surgery, Faye looked like “a cat squeezing its face through a chain link face” (!!!)

by Anonymousreply 229March 21, 2023 12:50 AM

GODDAMN IT!

“a cat squeezing its face through a chain link [bold]fence [/bold] “ (!!!)

by Anonymousreply 230March 21, 2023 12:51 AM

Not really a celeb but I was in a line in LA with my friend talking about the cinematic classic Death of a Cheerleader starring DL Fave Tori Spelling McDermott.

The guy in front of us turns around and scowls like we're talking about him. It was the fat Jewish character from But I'm a Cheerleader. Sorry hun, you weren't "spotted".

by Anonymousreply 231March 21, 2023 1:05 AM

R223, You should have slapped him.

by Anonymousreply 232March 21, 2023 1:13 AM

When Faye was in Boston on the Master Class national tour, she stayed in a rented apartment near Beacon Hill.

Neighbors complained of the noise she made exercising late at night on the equipment the producers had provided her.

by Anonymousreply 233March 21, 2023 1:17 AM

Faye Dunaway needs her own documentary or reality show.

There is a whole new generation waiting to discover her.

by Anonymousreply 234March 21, 2023 1:20 AM

When I was a kid, my friends and I would drive by Faye Dunaway's house in West Hollywood(which was located right on the street) after the bars closed and scream at the top of our lungs "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!" One time, we saw a light go on in one of the rooms and hauled ass. It was probably Miss Dunaway awakened by our childish screams at 2am.

We would also drive to Barbra Streisand's old house on Carolwood Drive and blast "Enough is Enough" on the car radio outside her gate in the middle of the night. Somebody from Gregory Peck's house next door came out and told us to move it along.

by Anonymousreply 235March 21, 2023 1:27 AM

R153 is my kind of bitch.

by Anonymousreply 236March 21, 2023 1:34 AM

R195 = Denise and the Rainbow Express

by Anonymousreply 237March 21, 2023 1:34 AM

An acquaintance says her daughter had Lauren Lane as a drama professor at Texas State.

She says there was fun Lauren…and there was insane temper tantrum washed up actress Lauren and you never knew who would show up.

Drinking was suspected.

by Anonymousreply 238March 21, 2023 1:39 AM

Many years ago I worked security at The American Music Awards and was stationed in the back where the talent was arriving. I’m fuzzy on the exact details, but I remember Carnie Wilson arriving on foot and being a real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 239March 21, 2023 1:45 AM

This thread is a bust.

by Anonymousreply 240March 21, 2023 1:48 AM

[quote] [R116] do you think [R115] works at Clorox? How the hell is he supposed to know why they did it?

I don't know about r115, but I work at Clorox. I'd tell you the reason, but I'd have to kill you all.

by Anonymousreply 241March 21, 2023 1:55 AM

R239 "arriving on foot" You were in the back of the room, how else should she arrive? Descending from a helicopter?

by Anonymousreply 242March 21, 2023 1:56 AM

No, that was me, dahling.

by Anonymousreply 243March 21, 2023 2:01 AM

Oy those clam strip platters about killed me and 2 friends ! We were very stoned one day and decided those would be just the thing. Ate and about 3-4 hours later we were all shitting and puking . Wich was a problem as I had one bathroom !

by Anonymousreply 244March 21, 2023 2:16 AM

So is your prolapsed hole R240

by Anonymousreply 245March 21, 2023 2:27 AM

I recall reading in many places that Faye Dunaway used to bring a scale to every restaurant to weigh her food. So that’s definitely a big part of what drives her insane.

On another note , i don’t understand how someone like Bowen Yang took her name for his verified IG handle and that was allowed - I’m shocked she hasn’t sued.

by Anonymousreply 246March 21, 2023 2:45 AM

R242 I was outside at the back entrance where the limos pulled up. No limo for Carnie.

by Anonymousreply 247March 21, 2023 2:56 AM

R193 Oddly, Carson really liked her and she guest hosted for him a lot in the early to mid 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 248March 21, 2023 3:01 AM

fuck fay and fuck howard johnson

by Anonymousreply 249March 21, 2023 3:37 AM

I feel like we need to start a Faye Dunaway Motherbitch thread.

by Anonymousreply 250March 21, 2023 3:39 AM

You motherfuckers drove me to watch this for the MILLIONTH time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 21, 2023 3:45 AM

[quote]r232 You should have slapped him.

VICIOUSLY!

by Anonymousreply 252March 21, 2023 4:40 AM

R109 Clorox Leachman. She has OCD and wipes everything down during her act. Tables, chairs, bald heads, people's glasses.

by Anonymousreply 253March 21, 2023 5:11 AM

R193 Yes, Della Reese was in a TV series for many years. Touched By an Angel. A few films and other acting spots over the yeas. But yes, she was known solely as a singer in earlier years.

by Anonymousreply 254March 21, 2023 6:38 AM

Bump please. I can't sleep. Serious Ambien failure. When does the night shift get here?

by Anonymousreply 255March 21, 2023 6:50 AM

R193, I remember her nearly dying from this incident.

“Della Reese is the famous singer and actress who brought to the attention of millions, more than 35 years ago (1970), the inherent danger of sliding glass doors made with non-safety plate glass. Della Reese accidentally walked into a plate glass door. She was nearly killed when she was sliced by the broken shards of glass so badly that she lost most of her blood and required a thousand stitches to close her wounds. When she crashed through the glass, she fell on top of the jagged bottom pieces. The more she tried to change position, the deeper the glass cut. A split second before the top glass fell, she was able to pull herself off the bottom pieces of glass.“

by Anonymousreply 256March 21, 2023 8:23 AM

R202 That ad for HoJo was most probably put together by Jacques Pepin. The assorted breads with butter was a dead giveaway because that's so Jacques.

by Anonymousreply 257March 21, 2023 8:44 AM

Hoo, boy, the more I read and hear about Faye Dunaway, the more I realize how perfectly cast she was in Mommie Dearest. She's like a sloppier Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 258March 21, 2023 8:45 AM

Will I retell my Danny Kaye story? In the 1980s I was holidaying in New York. I was staying at a middle-range hotel but had breakfast at a high-price hotel nearby. One morning i was seated in a booth because it was not crowded and had started my meal when the waitress said I had to move to a stool at the bar where singles ate. She told me I was sitting in the booth that Danny liked and now he demanded it. I looked across and saw him smirking at me so I moved. There were other booths free but he had to have this one. What a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 259March 21, 2023 9:37 AM

You should have refused to move. R259. A server at a hotel is not a police officer. She could have kicked you out but that's all.

by Anonymousreply 260March 21, 2023 10:14 AM

R259 You should have shat in his breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 261March 21, 2023 10:20 AM

I hope nobody believes that story about Prince Harry upthread.

by Anonymousreply 262March 21, 2023 11:35 AM

Why not? It sounded quite normal, for him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 263March 21, 2023 11:37 AM

R263 Because it's a story that I've read on DL before but with a different star and I can't remember who. It was a female tho.

by Anonymousreply 264March 21, 2023 12:11 PM

Wait...maybe it was a male but I don't believe it was Harry.

by Anonymousreply 265March 21, 2023 12:12 PM

the button to my R259 Danny Kaye story is that when I told someone else about it soon after it happened they told me something similar had happened to them. They were forced to share a table with him and he was so rude that when the person left they said to him, "You're not even fucking funny!"

by Anonymousreply 266March 21, 2023 12:25 PM

R263 It's fake. "Copypasta" as others have said. A made-up story that keeps getting reposted with different names - they use it on Reddit, etc.

by Anonymousreply 267March 21, 2023 12:26 PM

In this thread I feel as if stuck in an echo chamber hell of made up celebrity stories as told by Chat GPT in Dumbvid@'s voice.

by Anonymousreply 268March 21, 2023 12:31 PM

I would have refused to leave the booth and spread my stuff out all over so he couldn't share. If thrown out, free breakfast!

by Anonymousreply 269March 21, 2023 1:53 PM

The PH story is an obviously fake story. It’s too ridiculous and in the 21st century, where EVERYONE has a video camera, the daily mail would’ve bought 60 different videos.

And does anyone think he does his own grocery shopping? That’s far too “dangerous”

by Anonymousreply 270March 21, 2023 2:52 PM

The original Demi Lovato copypasta:

[quote]#LOVATICS please take the time to read this.

[quote]I met @ddlovato recently, my name is madison (@dinahbgc) and this is my M&G story. I met her October 20th of this year and it was horrific. She was rude, not classy and she lost a long time lovatic that day. I walked into the $350 M&G and say hello she replies with "fat" and I shook it off because I thought maybe I had heard her wrong. As I approached her and asked to do my pose she stared at me blank faced. I continued talking "you saved my life" I say. "You're the reason I'm alive today". She looks me dead in the eye and says "you'll die soon enough, fatty" and then whispered "obesity." I started crying I had never felt pain like this and she started laughing and said "Are you crying? Stop it. Stop it now" and she flicked my vagina. The photographer took the picture and I headed out of the M&G section and that's when Demi started speaking whale to me. I still can't believe this happened. I cried writing this. I wish this weren't true but Demi Lovato is in fact a horrible person. Thank you for reading this.

by Anonymousreply 271March 21, 2023 2:55 PM

R119 JLo is an interesting one, because I constantly hear about what a cunt she is, yet anyone I personally know who has met her says she was delightful - funny, kind and sweet. I've seen a few posters here saying the same kind of thing, "Heard she was a cunt but she was nice to me" type stuff. I don't think I've ever heard a first-hand cunty story about JLo. Maybe someone will be along to post one.

by Anonymousreply 272March 21, 2023 2:59 PM

I've shared my experience here before about Morrissey. I was working at Tower Records in Chicago.

I have never met anyone so cunty, so uncomfortable in their own skin and/or a public figure so uncomfortable with the job they were doing. Just so much drama. Don't look him in the eye, no one could eat anything for six hours before the scheduled instore so the smell of meat couldn't be on any of us. (You can already guess that he started almost two hours late.....one of the women at our store fainted because by the time he arrived she had low blood sugar.)

He treated so many people like shit that day - employees, fans, etc. EXCEPT for the tall, blond god from the record company - that guy, he smiled at and said hello. But all the other hideous peons in humanity that he deemed beneath him, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 273March 21, 2023 3:10 PM

R271 if that story was true then Demi would have been an instant icon on DL 🤣

by Anonymousreply 274March 21, 2023 3:14 PM

How does one speak "whale?"

by Anonymousreply 275March 21, 2023 3:21 PM

R163, was this during the Touched By an Angel period ? That’s pretty disappointing. I heard she was very gracious and nice

by Anonymousreply 276March 21, 2023 3:53 PM

R276 - that post at R163 clearly says

[quote] Time: Some time in the mid 70s.

So no, it wasn't in the Touched By An Angel period

by Anonymousreply 277March 21, 2023 3:56 PM

R277, I think this was before her spiritual journey. She became a great lady

by Anonymousreply 278March 21, 2023 3:58 PM

Despite Della's church lady aura I think the character she played in Harlem Nights was probably closer to the real Della.

by Anonymousreply 279March 21, 2023 4:05 PM

[quote] no one could eat anything for six hours before the scheduled instore so the smell of meat couldn't be on any of us. (You can already guess that he started almost two hours late.....one of the women at our store fainted because by the time he arrived she had low blood sugar.)

What a load of horseshit. Was this in-store in the forest? Was there no food available other than the game you captured and killed yourselves?

by Anonymousreply 280March 21, 2023 4:06 PM

R280 I wish I still had the handout we got from Tower corporate about it. A few people refused to work it because of some of the nonsensical shit on it. But it was a Saturday so we mostly had to suck it up and show up.

He was late to his show that night. He claims to have been sick but he appeared to be fine at the instore. *shrugs*

This taught me to never, ever meet your heroes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281March 21, 2023 4:12 PM

There is the famous John Stossel story where he posted a note on his door about the rules of interacting with him. He is a notorious dick.

by Anonymousreply 282March 21, 2023 4:45 PM

I feel bereft that I don't have a personal celebrity-acting-cunty story. All the ones I've met were either nice people or on their best behavior for some reason.

I once went on a date with a guy who'd worked as a personal assistant to both Lauren Holly and Our Lady of the Wire Hangers. He didn't share his secret to escaping the latter with sanity and skin intact, but he seemed relatively untraumatized. I vaguely recall him talking about objects being pitched down a stairwell, but I don't recall enough details to make a good story of it.

by Anonymousreply 283March 21, 2023 4:54 PM

Bill Murray is known to be an asshole to fans

by Anonymousreply 284March 21, 2023 4:56 PM

On my first trip into WeHo my friend (early 2000s) my friend and I wandered into some outdoor brunch place on a Sunday. It was in early afternoon and not very busy, only us and a few other tables, one of which was a table of maybe 5 or 6 guys.

We heard their conversation and learned it was a group that became friends because they had all been personal assistants for Carrie Fisher. I couldn't hear all of their conversation but apparently one of them had to deal with a situation where Carrie was throwing things from inside her house or hotel suite into a swimming pool.

by Anonymousreply 285March 21, 2023 5:09 PM

Stevie Wonder bumped into me at Tower Records.

by Anonymousreply 286March 21, 2023 5:28 PM

[Quote]How does one speak "whale?"

Let's ask Brendan Fraser.

by Anonymousreply 287March 21, 2023 6:00 PM

WHET John Stossel and his Village People mustache?

by Anonymousreply 288March 21, 2023 6:10 PM

Never mind I asked the Wikipedia... he's 76 and a Libertarian!

by Anonymousreply 289March 21, 2023 6:11 PM

R289, holy shit, I had no idea he was that old.

by Anonymousreply 290March 21, 2023 6:42 PM

Stossel and Geraldo Rivera were someone vaguely hot / fuckable when they were younger but between aging and their MAGAtry, no one would with a 30 foot pole nor with Ann Coulter's dick.

by Anonymousreply 291March 21, 2023 6:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292March 21, 2023 6:51 PM

R8 He should be happy he is working...considering how he looks

by Anonymousreply 293March 21, 2023 6:55 PM

R17 Can someone tell me what is wrong with that sentence.

by Anonymousreply 294March 21, 2023 6:59 PM

R18 She's a famous celebrity but you just can't remember her name? Yeah, right

by Anonymousreply 295March 21, 2023 7:00 PM

R294 it should be

"It would have gone totally over the heads of most Americans."

by Anonymousreply 296March 21, 2023 7:01 PM

R294 It is confusing if English isn't your native language.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297March 21, 2023 7:02 PM

^ thanks to both of the posters

by Anonymousreply 298March 21, 2023 7:25 PM

" a celebrity, (whose name I don't recall) who behaved rudely in ways I don't remember, like, 60 years ago", isn't revelatory or worth sharing.

by Anonymousreply 299March 21, 2023 7:52 PM

Yes, R299, but neither is announcing what is not revelatory or worth sharing. And you're literally (in its correct meaning) sharing what you say is not worth sharing all over again.

Perhaps, while it wouldn't be so for others on here on the DL, it may be a revelatory point for you. I share my thoughts with no expectations about their worth or revelation, since the location practically is free and revelations on an anonymous site are usually as unpleasant as that last book in the appalling Christian Biblical Testament.

by Anonymousreply 300March 21, 2023 8:49 PM

Martin Short was curt and dismissively rude at a premiere party we went to many moons ago. The total opposite from the warm, "nice" image we've come to expect. As a fan it was a huge bummer.

by Anonymousreply 301March 21, 2023 9:54 PM

I told this when we had the Marsha Hunt thread after she died. I interviewed her once and she changed from being friendly to a nasty cunt. She seemed impressed that I had prepared for the interview by watching some of her movies, particularly her Gone with the Wind test, one film where she sings, and her Outer Limits episode. But when I asked her about Frances Farmer and if she knew her when they were both at Paramount in the 1930s she got nasty. I thought you were interested in ME? This interview is OVER. I was shocked as she had a reputation as being a great humanitarian. No amount of back-peddling could save me. Please escort this person OUT.

by Anonymousreply 302March 21, 2023 10:18 PM

Some old ugly French bigwig named Christine Lagarde snubbed me and eyerolled me at the W.E.F.

by Anonymousreply 303March 21, 2023 10:24 PM

R302 that may have been dementia.

by Anonymousreply 304March 21, 2023 10:35 PM

Jamie Lee Curtis has not "produced" any children.

Her and the baron's children are adopted.

by Anonymousreply 305March 22, 2023 1:43 AM

Darren Criss, if you can classify him as a celebrity in this day and age. I was eating at a pizza parlor in Chicago around 2011 when the Glee tour was going on. He cut an entire line of people waiting and nearly pushed a young girl away from the cash register to order and had 2 bodyguards literally put their hands up to keep anyone away that got within 5 feet of him.

No clue what he was yapping about, but he had a distinct bald spot on the back of his head that was shining under the lights.

by Anonymousreply 306March 22, 2023 2:07 AM

Shame on the pizza place for serving him. They should have told him to get in the back of the fucking line. It's not like he paid 10k for a slice of pizza.

by Anonymousreply 307March 22, 2023 2:24 AM

Gee, R305, what would we ever do without you?

by Anonymousreply 308March 22, 2023 4:15 AM

I found a J-Lo story. Someone above or on the other threads wrote they had never heard a bad story about her.

While staying at the luxury hotel Melia Duesseldorf, Jennifer Lopez got one of the maids fired from her job. The maid requested an autograph from the superstar and not only was she denied but also was later fired after Lopez complained to management. The maid told the German newspaper Bild, "I cleaned on her floor. And I am an incredibly big fan so I took all my courage and rang the bell to get an autograph. But I was rejected by two assistants at the door. A day later the cleaning company that employed me at the hotel called and said that Ms. Lopez had complained. I was fired right there on the phone! Because of an autograph!"

by Anonymousreply 309March 22, 2023 6:01 AM

R309, I can see why JLo reported the incident. It would be one thing if the employee was already in JLo’s room, cleaning. But the employee rang her bell and sought her out. I think she should have been disciplined, maybe not fired.

by Anonymousreply 310March 22, 2023 6:06 AM

R31 😆 😆 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 311March 22, 2023 6:08 AM

R306 no wonder he gets on so well with Lea.

R275 not a Finding Nemo fan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312March 22, 2023 6:09 AM

Jamie Lee Curtis always gave off bisexual vibes to me, so that could be why she was so obsessed with your ass at R4

by Anonymousreply 313March 22, 2023 6:13 AM

I have a Shemar Moore story as well lol I've always had a habit of ignoring celebrities so he came into a barbershop/beauty salon I was exiting with a friend. My friend became completely starstruck, I on the other hand, ignored him. Shemar was with a friend of his who kept staring at me, they both had on biking gear and had their bikes with them. Shemar talked to our barber/stylist and I just wanted to get out of there, which bothered my friend because they were really trying to get Shemar's attention. Shemar acted like he didn't notice my friend, so I felt pretty bad which was another reason why I was motioning for us to leave. Not exactly cunty, although Shemar noticed them imo yet acted like they didn't see my friend like completely fawning over their ass lol

by Anonymousreply 314March 22, 2023 6:21 AM

J Lo comes in all the time to a shop my sister works at in LA and my sister said she has always been very nice and friendly to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 315March 22, 2023 6:31 AM

For R302-- photo from Marsha Hunt's birthday celebration at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, 1936. Can you spot Frances Farmer and Buster Crabbe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 22, 2023 6:40 AM

Team JLo re: maid story. The maid should have known better. Clean the floor. That's what you're paid for. Not to seek autographs.

by Anonymousreply 317March 22, 2023 6:41 AM

R314, I’m sorry, but that belongs in “Boring celeb encounters” thread.

by Anonymousreply 318March 22, 2023 6:43 AM

R316 - stinky linky but here's another try. Yes can see Frances and Buster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 22, 2023 6:52 AM

Another J Lo

Jennifer Lopez is said to have a long list of demands that must be met if she is going to appear in a film, at a hotel, or at an event, like the World Music Awards in 2010. She reportedly requested having a helicopter kept on standby, a custom-fitted speed boat, and diamond-encrusted headphones to “drown out the sound of the boat’s motor,” as well as an entire floor of a hotel. She is known to throw fits if she doesn't get her way, for example, reportedly losing it at hotel staff if they don't have her favorite grapefruit and lime blossom candles by Jo Malone, which cost around $500 each.

Staff is also not allowed to speak to her, with a flight attendant once saying that when she simply asked Lopez what she would like to drink, she turned to her assistant and said, "Please tell him I'd like a Diet Coke and lime." The attendant added that the actress "wouldn't even look at [them]. It was sad, she seems so sweet in her movies."

by Anonymousreply 320March 22, 2023 6:58 AM

That maid should have been fired for that.

by Anonymousreply 321March 22, 2023 9:21 AM

R318 😆 😆 I know, I know, well I've never had any rude run ins with any personally myself. I saw that Shemar was mentioned, so it reminded me of that memory. Anyway, I have friends/associates who have had run ins with some:

An associate was working at a shoe store when singer Angie Stone entered. Angie was very rude, saying that she had to catch a flight and was ordering my associate around, complaining about each pair that my associate brought out. My associate grew tired of her and snapped back at Angie, informing her that she was not that famous especially not famous enough to display such diva behavior. Angie walked out after that with even more of an attitude then when she walked in. Not surprisingly, she didn't leave with any shoes.

Another associate was at a waffle house with a friend and they ran into Da Brat, who was with a friend of hers. While the associate wasn't impressed, their friend was, which led them to approach Da Brat, asking for a picture. Da Brat claimed that they don't take pictures on personal time. Da Brat's friend tried to get them to reconsider, while Da Brat stood by their decision. The associate's friend slightly went off on Da Brat, and walked away no longer a fan of theirs lol

by Anonymousreply 322March 22, 2023 10:08 AM

R320 these are second or third hand tabloid stories. It's interesting that someone posted saying J-Lo frequents a store their sister works at and is nice and friendly, because that's what I usually hear too, from people who have *actually* met her. She comes off as moody and snippy and a bit whiny sometimes in documentaries, but I don't think I've ever seen anything of her that made me think she was a bad or a cruel person. She seems very guarded and full of herself but relatively well intentioned and good hearted. I've seen her in person a few times and she didn't give off bad vibes the way some people do.

by Anonymousreply 323March 22, 2023 10:39 AM

It's plausible that you can catch a celeb on a bad day. I know that if I were one I would find it really hard to be gracious and nice all the time. It sounds like a nightmare having people constantly coming up to you wanting autographs and selfies.

by Anonymousreply 324March 22, 2023 10:44 AM

J Lo and Mariah are just trashy white girls pretending to be ethnic. I don't believe their claims of racial descent.

by Anonymousreply 325March 22, 2023 11:00 AM

R324 You reminded me of the old Julia Roberts clip where she loses it after some paparazzi follows her to drop her kids off at school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326March 22, 2023 11:17 AM

R325 You're kidding right?

by Anonymousreply 327March 22, 2023 11:35 AM

R317/R322, do all your friends - sorry, "associates" - go by they/them pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 328March 22, 2023 11:46 AM

Here's Cher berating a pap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 22, 2023 11:56 AM

[quote] I sat next to Jamie Lee Curtis in first class on a flight.

That's fucking OSCAR-WINNER JAMIE LEE CURTIS, you peasant asshole.

by Anonymousreply 330March 22, 2023 12:04 PM

R1 - You should have asked if she was Dame Judi Dench.

by Anonymousreply 331March 22, 2023 12:07 PM

[quote] The Response: “Was I talking to you?!?!” The CUNT: Lauren Bacall

That's hilarious. Bacall was definitely the cuntiest cunt who ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 332March 22, 2023 12:13 PM

I can't disagree with Cher above.

by Anonymousreply 333March 22, 2023 12:14 PM

It's totally inappropriate for someone working in a luxury hotel to ring a bell seeking an autograph. I can't believe anyone would find that OK. If the story is true (which is doubtful), she deserved to be fired! Just because someone is famous doesn't mean they don't have the right to privacy or rest.

by Anonymousreply 334March 22, 2023 12:18 PM

Is that all you people have ? I was once hosting a party in LA when Charles Manson broke in with his mates, and bludgeoned all my guests to death, then hung myself and my bestie to a beam, stabbed us 269 times, and wrote "pigs" everywhere with or blood, AND I was pregnant ! Now that's what I call a celeb being a nasty cunt !

by Anonymousreply 335March 22, 2023 12:19 PM

One is not being a cunt in general when one is being a cunt to the paparazzi, who are even bigger cunts and deserve cuntitude.

by Anonymousreply 336March 22, 2023 12:21 PM

R317/R322 we beg you- No more stories.

by Anonymousreply 337March 22, 2023 1:49 PM

R329 - good for Cher. It’s not funny. I actually felt heartfelt empathy for her in that video. Paparazzi are the worst.

I still hope that one biker pap was RUINED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338March 22, 2023 2:24 PM

Geraldo Rivera aka Jerry Rivers was cute in his younger days circa Willowbrook days but Stossel? Nay he was too reminiscent of John Holmes at his creepiest.

Because I was young and impressionable when Geraldo's Willowbrook story broke I will always give him props for it and retain affection for him. The stupid PTB, however, who rather than create better facilities and living environments for those who needed some kind of institutionalization, they can rot in hell. They served neither those in need nor the communities.

by Anonymousreply 339March 22, 2023 2:34 PM

The posters who side with Lopez over getting a maid fired are probably rich or retired. Losing your source of income in no small thing. A person working as a maid probably doesn't have much of a savings account built up. I'm a strong believer than in order strictly hold someone to professional standards, the person needs to be making a professional salary. The word "unprofessional" doesn't belong in the same sentence as contracted cleaner. Repulsive Karens, all of you. I bet you feel small twitch in your ugly, shriveled cocks whenever you call Applebee's corporate office to complain about the server not bringing you enough ranch dressing.

by Anonymousreply 340March 23, 2023 1:17 AM

Maybe the maid overstepped but I think Lopez was mean to not give an autograph. Maybe she thought if she did there would be a stampede but that seems unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 341March 23, 2023 1:35 AM

Was reading someone's story about J Lo who is known as Pay-Low. One person claimed Ben left a $100 tip for waiting staff and she replaced it with $10.

by Anonymousreply 342March 23, 2023 1:56 AM

It would have cost that bitch Jlo NOTHING to give the maid a fucking autograph. Maybe that would have inspired the maid to do something else with her life. Ive always saw right thru that fake ass bitch from day one,wich is why Ive never liked her.

by Anonymousreply 343March 23, 2023 2:01 AM

Eh, the maid fucked up. But she didn't even make it past the bodyguards. It might have been them rather than J.Lo who reported it. OTOH, maids like that are part of why celebs have bodyguards.

by Anonymousreply 344March 23, 2023 2:08 AM

[quote] It would have cost that bitch Jlo NOTHING to give the maid a fucking autograph.

That "fucking autograph" has a dollar value. It can be unsold for money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345March 23, 2023 2:08 AM

[quote] The posters who side with Lopez over getting a maid fired are probably rich or retired. Losing your source of income in no small thing. A person working as a maid probably doesn't have much of a savings account built up. I'm a strong believer than in order strictly hold someone to professional standards, the person needs to be making a professional salary. The word "unprofessional" doesn't belong in the same sentence as contracted cleaner. Repulsive Karens, all of you. I bet you feel small twitch in your ugly, shriveled cocks whenever you call Applebee's corporate office to complain about the server not bringing you enough ranch dressing.

Shut the fuck up. She was on job duty. She was being paid to work, not seek autographs. And if she didn't "have much of a savings account built up" then she should have thought of her bank account and keeping her job when she purposefully and willfully went to the room to seek an autograph on work time. She was breaching protocol and would have been aware that this kind of behaviour has repercussions. She was also using her position at work to gain access to J-Lo. That's a conflict of interest which is a no-no in pretty much every job. I work at a film festival and we are not allowed to ask for autographs. And yes, there is a risk of dismissal if we are caught doing it. Do your fucking job.

by Anonymousreply 346March 23, 2023 2:10 AM

R346 all of that. And the service industry in general loves this “gift” of a Karen - which they now abuse as ammo not to do their fucking job.

by Anonymousreply 347March 23, 2023 2:18 AM

Andy Cohen in Miami for Art Basel. He was at a restaurant having lunch alone and he had two bodyguards blocking him from view and his table. Someone asked the waiter who that was and the waiter didn't know lol.He then told the waiter that he didn't want to be bothered which is why the bodyguards were there. The restaurant was practically empty.

by Anonymousreply 348March 23, 2023 2:53 AM

I wish your story was made up - Andy Cohen needing bodyguards! LOL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 349March 23, 2023 3:12 AM

speaking of bodyguards i read a tweet about Kid Rock. He was at a bookstore with 4 bodyguards. When someone started approaching the Kid said no and the guards moved in saying no autographs. But the guy approaching worked at the store and told them they were blocking the way to the staff bathroom. The Kid looked pissed.

by Anonymousreply 350March 23, 2023 3:28 AM

The maid should have gotten a second chance. It wasn't right but hardly a firing offence.

And then the bitch does Maid in Manhattan. Trollerina!

by Anonymousreply 351March 23, 2023 3:35 AM

R350 we need a thread where celebs get shutdown

by Anonymousreply 352March 23, 2023 3:37 AM

Any Helen Lawson stories?

by Anonymousreply 353March 23, 2023 3:51 AM

After JLo’s starring roll in Maid In Manhattan, you’d think she’d have some empathy towards the housekeeper. Guess not.

by Anonymousreply 354March 23, 2023 3:52 AM

It seems Jenny from the Block IS fooled by the rocks that she got.

by Anonymousreply 355March 23, 2023 3:59 AM

[Quote] After JLo’s starring roll in Maid In Manhattan,

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 356March 23, 2023 4:07 AM

Wait a minute, Kid Rock was in a bookstore?

by Anonymousreply 357March 23, 2023 4:24 AM

Get a load of r346, "Breaching protocol". Bitch, she's a fucking maid. She doesn't work in a nuclear power station. Who gives a fuck about protocol? She ASKED for an autograph. She didn't cut off a piece of Lopez's hair. It always blows my mind how people on DL will screech themselves hoarse defending disgusting behavior if the person doing it is famous enough. You're nothing more than a pathetic bootlicker. Have fun being part of the problem, you disgusting piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 358March 23, 2023 4:29 AM

Or maybe, as someone said upthread, it was a couple of Lopez’s cringeing underlings who got the maid sacked, while Jennifer luxuriated in a bath of goats milk, blissfully unaware of what was happening at the door of the Presidential Suite.

Often the hangers-on become bigger divas than their boss.

by Anonymousreply 359March 23, 2023 4:34 AM

I see the maid / JLo thing as a security issue as well. You pay for a hotel in order to have some privacy and to be in a secure environment. To be up on the ___th floor and away from random encounters. When the maid knocked on the door - and she wasn't there to clean the room - that's more like a random fan.

I am definitely not a fan of JLo.

by Anonymousreply 360March 23, 2023 5:30 AM

I don't believe the maid thing even happened, but the people defending the maid are ridiculous. It doesn't matter how much you're paid, you don't bother people who are trying to relax in their hotel room. I've worked in hotels and one of the first things we were told was not to bother famous people. They are also human beings and they deserve to enjoy their downtime like anyone else, without entitled fans disturbing them or even potentially making them feel unsafe. Being paid minimum wage doesn't absolve you of the responsibility to be professional and respectful.

Why do so many people have such a huge sense of entitlement?

by Anonymousreply 361March 23, 2023 8:19 AM

And it's bad for business, unprofessional. If I'm a celeb and know that a hotel is not professional, has employees who will bother me, am I likely to want to book it again?

by Anonymousreply 362March 23, 2023 9:21 AM

R91 it’s an old meme.

by Anonymousreply 363March 23, 2023 9:31 AM

r362, exactly. The entire point of luxury hotels is that they offer discretion and privacy. Who wants some sad fangirl banging on the door or going through their private things? You have to be able to trust that staff will be professional.

by Anonymousreply 364March 23, 2023 9:34 AM

[quote]Why do so many people have such a huge sense of entitlement?

I don't see entitlement. I see a misguided fan who got carried away. It was wrong but I'm not convinced the punishment fit the crime. Twice, yeah, fire her, she's insubordinate. But in this celebrity obsessed culture I can see a drudge forgetting her place, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 365March 23, 2023 11:13 AM

R365 I meant more the general culture of entitlement to celebrities. People feel entitled to their time, their attention, no matter where or when, no matter what they might be doing. When celebrities aren't working, they're regular people. They have the right to expect to be left alone without being called mean or a cunt. If you can't relax in your own hotel suite, when can you?

by Anonymousreply 366March 23, 2023 11:17 AM

But by that logic, R366, shouldn't you be able to be anywhere when you're off the clock without interruption? After I posted R365, I got thinking is it really so different than seeing a celebrity on the street?

Look at all the stories on both threads. Most people feel perfectly entitled to interrupt a celebrity in public to gush. But because they are saying something nice and (believe they are) only doing it briefly, they feel entitled. (When for all we know it's a terrible moment.) What's the difference here... a door? Because the celebrity had to pass from a private space to a public space they're suddenly free game because they're recognizable? Look at the Jamie Lee Curtis reaction. She... stated her boundaries and she's judged as terrible. It's so inconsistent. The maid should be ground up and jobless because she knocked at the door but JLC, purely as an example, is a total bitch for closing one. Makes no sense.

I don't think the problem is with them, it's with the fans. On the offence scale: going to their house 10/10; going to their hotel room less outta/10; going up to them on the street 1/10. But it's all the same offence.

by Anonymousreply 367March 23, 2023 11:30 AM

We don't know whether the hotel had already trained her not to bother celebs or if she'd committed other offences. Ultimately it wasn't J-Lo who fired her but the hotel. Anyway, a low level job like that is probably easy to get elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 368March 23, 2023 11:35 AM

R367, personally I see an important difference between public spaces and private ones. Also, Jamie Lee wasn't just closing a metaphorical door, she was slamming shut a door that no-one had even knocked on.

by Anonymousreply 369March 23, 2023 11:50 AM

R367, celebrities travel so often that for them, a hotel often IS home. It's their place to relax and feel safe and not have to be "on." Ringing a bell to ask for an autograph is akin to going up to the door of their house. Totally stalkerish, entitled behavior.

I also don't think it's acceptable to bother celebrities in public, but I think doing it when they're trying to rest in essentially their "home" is exceptionally shitty.

The whole stan culture thing is just weird. Celebrities don't give a fuck whether or not you're a fan. They don't want to hear that their music changed your life when they're trying to pick their kids up from school or grab something at a pharmacy. They don't care. They're people trying to go about their lives like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 370March 23, 2023 11:57 AM

That maid should have been fired for her lack of judgement -- you shouldn't have to be trained not to bother people in their room, whether that person is a star or not. At the very least, it should occur to you that they might be sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 371March 23, 2023 1:17 PM

R371. should be fired for not know how to spell judgment correctly.

by Anonymousreply 372March 23, 2023 1:20 PM

… should be fired for not knowing how to spell judgment correctly.

by Anonymousreply 373March 23, 2023 1:21 PM

r372 should be fired for being an ignorant American.

by Anonymousreply 374March 23, 2023 1:22 PM

I worked in Vegas hotel and nobody had to tell me to leave celebrities alone when I saw them. It was an unspoken rule, don't bother guests.

I saw plenty of tourists bothering them though.

by Anonymousreply 375March 23, 2023 1:23 PM

In this country, there’s only one ‘e’ in judgment.

by Anonymousreply 376March 23, 2023 1:23 PM

r376, in this country? You remind me of that scene in Sex and The City when Big is in Paris with Carrie and threatens to beat up Aleksandr, saying he's going to "clock that foreigner".

by Anonymousreply 377March 23, 2023 1:27 PM

Yes. Here. Datalounge. The U.S.

That’s not my opinion, it’s my judgment—and I judge you to be annoying.

by Anonymousreply 378March 23, 2023 1:30 PM

r378, Chief Judge? You're too cute, I forgive you.

by Anonymousreply 379March 23, 2023 1:32 PM

But can you get the Chief Judge’s autograph?

by Anonymousreply 380March 23, 2023 1:57 PM

I have worked in PR in Hollywood for 24 years and I can tell you this. Starting out, that first time someone recognizes you out in public is a rush. Actors, Singers, Performers et all, love it, they eat it up. For some of them, it gets old. Usually, these are people who have been told all their lives they will be a star and a lot of times, nepo babies. Kids who grew up with their mom or dad going through it. The ones who are truly appreciative are the ones who came from nothing and got a break. Dolly Parton is the perfect example of this. Born Dirt poor, now a giant celeb who treats everyone like they were the first person to tell them they loved her work.

by Anonymousreply 381March 23, 2023 2:02 PM

About the J-lo story - her assistants handled it, I doubt she was personally inconvenienced.

by Anonymousreply 382March 23, 2023 2:05 PM

R381 J-Lo also came from nothing and she doesn't seem to love being approached. Then again, I remember her once saying she found it terrifying the first time she was recognized on the street by a man who shouted her name, and she never went out in public alone again because she felt so exposed and unsafe. I think people forget that stars also have anxiety and personal traumas that impact on their responses to things like this.

by Anonymousreply 383March 23, 2023 2:07 PM

Judgement is correct spelling in British English. Canadians, Australians, Brits and others spell it that way.

by Anonymousreply 384March 23, 2023 2:14 PM

and before you claim that DL is an American-only site, they've been happy to take my $$ (converted) for several years.

by Anonymousreply 385March 23, 2023 2:18 PM

Sharon admits that she wasn't very nice back then.

'Disappointing celeb encounter: Sharon Stone. She was very hot and very beautiful and such a big actress at the time. I asked her if I could take a picture with her, and she gave me a look with daggers. It was really crushing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386March 23, 2023 2:29 PM

I think I told this before, so apologies in advance, but I had a roommate who used to drive for a series of TV shows recorded in NYC in the 1980s including Letterman and SNL.

He said that Paul Shaffer was hands-down the nastiest piece of work he ever had to work for - whiny, always late for pick-up, always trying to funny with "cutting remarks".

Letterman was cold and quiet to the point of weirdness. He was also unpleasant to the people he traveled with, regardless of who they were.

He drove RDJ to the airport several times during his time with SNL. RDJ started out as ebullient and talkative and then got quieter and quieter as the weeks went on. The last trip he burst into tears just as they reached the airport, choked out "sorry" and staggered out of the car.

His most nervous moment was ferrying Lauren Bacall and Jodie Foster to an awards show from some pre-event reception. He kept on imagining Lauren whipping out a pot of instant coffee and insisting to Jodie that it had flavah and was afraid he'd start laughing. But the trip passed without incident.

His weirdest assignment was driving a couple of soap opera actresses around while they screamed insults at each other - it was a scene from the show and they hired him to drive as they were supposed to be stuck in traffic during their on-screen fight. He said they were both very nice and tipped well for the work but his ears were ringing for days.

by Anonymousreply 387March 23, 2023 2:39 PM

The hotel was in the US. The maid was in the US.

She used poor judgment!

by Anonymousreply 388March 23, 2023 2:40 PM

This is what I mean about the great liberal DL... they get awfully Yankee Doodle Trumpy so easily. The reflex is in the whole country, no matter what they claim.

by Anonymousreply 389March 23, 2023 2:40 PM

Damn foreigners try to suppress patriotic grammar troll!

by Anonymousreply 390March 23, 2023 2:42 PM

New thread?—stories of overseas DLers being nasty cunts!

by Anonymousreply 391March 23, 2023 2:44 PM

r389 it's all in fun gurl. Relax your knickers.

by Anonymousreply 392March 23, 2023 2:45 PM

I'm r371 (the person who spelled "judgment" as "judgement"). You're all going to find this hilarious but I'm actually an American living in the midwest, and that was a genuine misspelling on my part. But since I don't take kindly to insults, I decided to run with the British spelling thing and unintentionally ignited this transatlantic war. Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 393March 23, 2023 2:47 PM

No, R392, it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 394March 23, 2023 2:53 PM

^ I cosplayed your nemesis: I was the Chief Judge—I actually thought it was a typo…but we tossed odd a few Brits, which is always fun.

by Anonymousreply 395March 23, 2023 2:53 PM

Years ago, I had a neighbor who was a 'lighting tech' (I think he called himself 'the main lighting architect') for major concerts in the Northeast. His territory included Madison Square Garden, Foxwoods Casino, Mohegan Sun Casino, TD Garden Boston. This was back in the early - mid 2000s.

I recall him telling me that the female artists were worst than the male artists, by far. The female artists who stood out to him for their kindness to him and his crew included Olivia Newton-John, Barbra Streisand, Donna Summer and Cher. He mentioned all three ladies were wonderful to work with, and his crew loved them as well. He called each woman a professional and let the lighting crew do their job (though he did say Streisand did work more closely with them, and she really knew her stuff and what lighting /hues worked best with her). I also recall him saying he wished every artist he worked with could be like Donna Summer and ONJ - both polite and engaging with all. (He firmly judged a star on how they treated his 'crew' more than they treated him).

The women he thought were the worst back then included Madonna, Whitney Houston, Diana Ross and Bette Midler. These are the women who were impossible to schedule for for 'light testing' before the show, who were demanding, pushy and rude. When I asked him who he thought was 'the worst' he said it had to be Whitney - no one in the industry wanted to work with her.

Of the guys, he said Bruce Springsteen was the best. One of the nicest / kindest men in the business. Took care of his crew (the same way Summer and ONJ did). The only two he singled out as being 'prima donnas' were Billy Joel and Prince.

by Anonymousreply 396March 23, 2023 2:56 PM

It doesn’t surprise me that Streisand with her background in legit theater would be knowledgable about lighting and aware of the hazards of pissing off the people responsible for making her look good during a live show.

by Anonymousreply 397March 23, 2023 3:27 PM

FUN FACT:

Gerald Ford had a problem pronouncing the word “judgment”, so White House speechwriters would avoid using the word.

by Anonymousreply 398March 23, 2023 3:51 PM

Do stars have autographed pictures ready to hand out when asked? Or do you have to supply the thing for them to autograph and the pen?

by Anonymousreply 399March 23, 2023 3:52 PM

LA Hotel, 1998, a friend of a friend was walking through a hallway and Whitney was walking with her 2 bodyguards. He, a flamboyant gay man, asked her for an autograph. She basically sic’d her guys on him, who gave him a quick but intense beating, split lip and few bruises and she laughed.

by Anonymousreply 400March 23, 2023 3:55 PM

Did the man press charges? I assume the hotel hallway had cameras.

by Anonymousreply 401March 23, 2023 3:57 PM

R401 no but he wasn’t a fan anymore, but he trotted that story around for 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 402March 23, 2023 4:00 PM

R400, that's messed up. Whitney was probably paranoid that her gayness would be fully exposed if she came into contact with a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 403March 23, 2023 4:02 PM

[quote] Whitney was probably paranoid that her gayness would be fully exposed if she came into contact with a gay man.

So you're saying she was a virtual recluse who never had her hair or makeup done?

by Anonymousreply 404March 23, 2023 4:06 PM

R403 she was probably just coked up with a doodoo bubble brewing

by Anonymousreply 405March 23, 2023 4:06 PM

R400 No way did that haoppen. Your friend-of-a-friend lied to you.

by Anonymousreply 406March 23, 2023 4:07 PM

Listen to these twats add their "opinions" about a room cleaner breaking the first rule of guest management, famous guest or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 407March 23, 2023 4:14 PM

SHE ACTED ENTITLED!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 408March 23, 2023 4:17 PM

Christmas Eve in a very busy, very popular restaurant. I'm waiting on the entire Gyllenhaal family including the uber-bitch mother of the clan and her equally narcissistic daughter Maggie. Jake is there with a "friend" and Maggie's husband Peter is also in attendance with their baby. The baby is the nicest one in the entire group. At one point, as we're serving food, I see Peter changing the baby's diaper on the banquette. It's done very surreptitiously so other diners can't see. We of the waitstaff do notice the stink. A couple of hours go by, we're super slammed, and the family gets up and leaves. We rush over to clear and reset the table, and lo and behold, under the table are two dirty, stinking diapers filled the brim. Maggie and her gay husband never came back to the restaurant after that night. They were asked not to.

by Anonymousreply 409March 23, 2023 4:22 PM

R408 Seriously. The people in this thread come off as worse than most of the so-called cunt celebrities. They are human beings too. I have no respect for someone who feels like they can get up in people's faces in public or demand something from them just because they entertained them once or twice.

by Anonymousreply 410March 23, 2023 4:32 PM

And I don't think it makes someone a bad person if they're curt or dismissive of some of you melodramatic queens and fraus who hound them in public. I sure would be, regardless of my "humble beginnings." Barf.

by Anonymousreply 411March 23, 2023 4:33 PM

industry... comedic multi-talents (i.e. as much writers, producers, as actors) tend to be the biggest assholes and cunts. . . lost somewhere between severe autism and addiction, and not keen on boundaries, more inclined to say fuck-it to execs and go do their own thing; success or fail.

Jennifer Saunders tops anything that could be said about Cybill Shepherd or Chevy Chase, even. She's more akin to Chevy in having a low tolerance for her audiences. . . while playing out to fuzzy accounting practices like Shepherd with productions she's in control of . But generally, just the sort of person upon meeting it reveals exactly why so many people hate her when they first meet her. Just extremely anal. . . and ever so obnoxious about it.. She tends to be paranoid that everyone is like her (cutthroat, backstabbing, always looking for someone to use) while at the same time, not believing anyone could do it better.

Comedy seems to bring out the worst in everyone that's involved in it. Pure performers aren't so bad, they're usually at the pathetic end... the comedic relief type characters. That is until they become hasbeens.

by Anonymousreply 412March 23, 2023 4:35 PM

I've heard stories of the Gyllenhaal clan. Jake, Maggie and their mother are all miserable cunts. The mother, especially. A total fire-breathing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 413March 23, 2023 5:35 PM

Hasn't Jennifer Saunders admitted that she is (in some respects) similar to Edina Monsoon? That's scary.

by Anonymousreply 414March 23, 2023 5:41 PM

Sounds like someone not to rush up to r412. But then again that sounds like a general rule. Don't be such a fucking "fan." Nobody needs your idiotic gushing about the fact you seen them on the teevee or the movie screen.

I do sympathize with the people doing their jobs and some celebrity appears and starts inflicting their bullshit and nonsense on everyone around them. But the gushing fans all seem so tiresome in their own way it's hard to sympathize with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 415March 23, 2023 5:54 PM

r415 That wasn't the scenario, dearie.

by Anonymousreply 416March 23, 2023 5:59 PM

r415 It's not a huge secret she's an asshole.

I was participating in the thread on the topic. Though I understand the DL is all about protecting their favs, these days.., hence I left it to a more easily verifiable one.

In truth, she's an awful person. Most celebs are. It doesn't prevent them from being entertaining. Frankly, some of the better creatives are assholes and success often goes hand in hand with being ruthless or simply not giving a fuck. Even if at the surface, everything remains oh so p.c.

by Anonymousreply 417March 23, 2023 6:03 PM

R417 that’s why GenZ is so lacking in creativity they shutdown any asshole behavior and force that person to timeout, except scolding baby Fraus cunt behavior (they love that), so we’ll end up with an entertainment world of Lens Dunhams.

by Anonymousreply 418March 23, 2023 6:06 PM

I sort of understand that some celebrities don't want to have to interact with people all day. But it can be done in a nice way or at least not an unpleasant way.

I'm the one who posted about Morrissey upthread and I thought about it several times after that happened. He has dedicated fans based on their love of his music and the feeling that he speaks for them somehow. I could respect him not wanting to have a conversation with everyone in the store.

But there's that, and then there's "it wounds my very existence to even breathe the same air as you" cuntitude.

by Anonymousreply 419March 23, 2023 6:07 PM

The problem is how people treat them. Imagine if everyone around you suddenly thought everything you said was brilliant or funny. Imagine walking into the most exclusive club or restaurant with no reservation and just being welcomed. No one says no to you and people think you walk on water. You start to believe it unless you have people who can ground you along the way. Now put them out in the wild. They lost all humility or coping skills with normal regular everyday humans.

by Anonymousreply 420March 23, 2023 6:19 PM

R418 "It's not binary – you can be decent and gifted at the same time."

by Anonymousreply 421March 23, 2023 6:29 PM

R421, he was not exactly Exhibit A for that statement.

by Anonymousreply 422March 23, 2023 6:32 PM

R422 He wasn't and he didn't say it. Wozniak tells it to him in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 423March 23, 2023 6:46 PM

R423 - ah.

by Anonymousreply 424March 23, 2023 6:50 PM

No Madonna stories? : (

by Anonymousreply 425March 23, 2023 6:53 PM

The wife of a local celebrity was staying in a hotel where I worked. Local Celebrity was trying to serve Wife with divorce papers. Wife was staying on the top floor of the hotel. Elevator required a key to get to the top floor.

Process Server hung out in the hotel bar for several days, hoping to see Wife enter or exit the hotel.

I came to work one day and management was angry. Some employee had tipped off Process Server about the service elevator (which had access to every floor). Process Server got up to the top floor and served Wife w/divorce papers.

The employee who tipped off Process Server turned out to be my friend. I asked him what he got out of it. I think he said $100, which was a lot in those days.

by Anonymousreply 426March 23, 2023 6:57 PM

Chris Noth went into a tiny UES pub and pretended he’d left his credit card at home. “Don’t you know who I am? I’m Mr. Big!” The bartender told him to get lost. I forget exactly how it went, but I guess he’d had a drink or two before he pulled that schtick and the bartender just let it go.

by Anonymousreply 427March 23, 2023 7:03 PM

R376 therez only one k in kunt. And you are the mother of all kunts.

by Anonymousreply 428March 23, 2023 7:06 PM

What are some Jennifer Saunders stories? Is she really that bad?

by Anonymousreply 429March 23, 2023 7:12 PM

Assuming JS is anything like the characters she plays I can see her being abrasive at best.

by Anonymousreply 430March 23, 2023 7:14 PM

I mistakenly smacked Ace Frehley's ass thinking it was my boyfriend when we were in some crowded store in Manhattan. I heard Ace shouting "you fucking asshole" at me while we hightailed it out of there.

by Anonymousreply 431March 23, 2023 7:41 PM

R431 I certainly hope your boyfriend was more handsome than Ace Frehley!

by Anonymousreply 432March 23, 2023 7:50 PM

I was at a Miramax party many years ago and Salma Hayek was getting some shrimp. I came up to her and wanting to impress her told her that I loved her in the TV Hunchback of Notre Dame movie - to which she replied in her very distinctive accent - "OH, I was terrible." And she waltzed off.

My friend was standing right next to me and to this day it's one of his favorite stories. Meanwhile, I felt like a total goof.

by Anonymousreply 433March 23, 2023 8:01 PM

You should have complimented her about Frida, not some TV movie. That was her passion project.

by Anonymousreply 434March 23, 2023 8:12 PM

Nothing anyone says on here will convince me Jennifer Lopez is not a cunt of the first magnitude. Remember when the bitch pushed her way into that arbitration meeting A-Rod was having with his ex-wife? The ex should have slapped that Lopez bitch.

by Anonymousreply 435March 23, 2023 8:37 PM

R381 spill some tea

by Anonymousreply 436March 23, 2023 8:40 PM

The Whoopi misunderstanding story is fun.

by Anonymousreply 437March 23, 2023 8:41 PM

r436 I spilled plenty on DL for years lol. I can share a Madonna one but it is not her being a nasty cunt, at least not to me. I rode an elevator and when it stopped on a floor, Madonna got in. No entourage, no bodyguards, just her. She had sunglasses on, knew I knew who was, and said "what's up" and smiled (I later found out she was in a pitch meeting for a movie, never found out which one or what it was). I thought when is the next time I will get to talk to Madonna, so I just said "I'm from Detroit too," and smiled. She said "Oh yeah? Where from? I told her Allen Park and she smiled. "So you really are from Detroit and not just bullshitting me," she said. I laughed guessing a lot of people try that and never know the areas to say. She asked me what I did, told her, She asked me if I knew hers, Liz Rosenberg,' which I did by name only never worked with her. She was pretty cool and seem interested in my responses. We hit the lobby she smiled I as let her go first and said see ya. Like a normal human. I am sure there are plenty of Madonna is a cunt stories but this one time at least she was nice to nobody me.

by Anonymousreply 438March 23, 2023 8:52 PM

The Salma Hayek story is hilarious. I wasn't a fan but I like her more now.

by Anonymousreply 439March 23, 2023 8:55 PM

R435 I can absolutely believe J-Lo has a thing about anyone she perceives as not having worked for their money. A-Rod's ex was born into wealth and then had an easy ride marrying him and getting child support. I can imagine Jennifer being resentful as hell. I think it was the same reason she had issues with Shakira when they did the Superbowl together - Shakira was also born into wealth and had an easy ride to fame while Jennifer got thrown out of the house after she turned 18 and was homeless for some time, doing random music videos and gigs in sketchy clubs.

Just my theory.

by Anonymousreply 440March 23, 2023 9:01 PM

R440 you forgot… “sucking cocks”

by Anonymousreply 441March 23, 2023 9:53 PM

R438 this thread is only for cunt stories

Move over to this one if you’re going to be nice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442March 23, 2023 9:54 PM

I would have snatched that cigarette right back out of Carolyn’s mouth and extinguished it.

by Anonymousreply 443March 23, 2023 10:01 PM

It’s fun to have both naughty & nice celeb threads to go back and forth between.

by Anonymousreply 444March 23, 2023 10:16 PM

r441 It was sort of implied. She had to do a LOT to get to where she is now.

by Anonymousreply 445March 23, 2023 10:24 PM

True R445. If people only knew what show business was really like I think they would be more empathetic!

by Anonymousreply 446March 23, 2023 10:26 PM

Around 2016, Mira Sorvino was supposed to be honored at some film festival in Italy.

She demanded 1st class flights for her, her husband, AND their 4 kids, plus for the fest to pay for them to stop over in Paris for a holiday.

When they refused, she called her daddy to yell at them.

Not sure if that makes her a cunt, but she was sure entitled

by Anonymousreply 447March 23, 2023 10:32 PM

Getting kicked out of the house at 18 by your mother and having to rely on a shady 40 something year old for food and shelter is a rough start to life. Does Lopez even manage a relationship with her mother?

by Anonymousreply 448March 23, 2023 10:34 PM

[quote]I've heard stories of the Gyllenhaal clan. Jake, Maggie and their mother are all miserable cunts. The mother, especially. A total fire-breathing cunt.

Jake and Maggie are probably extra cunty because their dad fled his marriage to their mom and married one of their age peers. Dad's new wife is three years older than Maggie. They have a son together, too. Can't blame the man for starting over after his first experience.

by Anonymousreply 449March 23, 2023 10:35 PM

R440 A-Rod’s ex reminds me of this scene. Go to the 1:30 mark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450March 23, 2023 10:36 PM

[quote] Any Helen Lawson stories?

I ran into Helen Lawson while visiting the ladies' room and she had a red wet mop on her head that smelled like toilet water.

by Anonymousreply 451March 23, 2023 11:44 PM

Anything about Joanna Lumley? She strikes me as a potential handful.

by Anonymousreply 452March 24, 2023 12:40 AM

Where’s my G.D. furniture?

by Anonymousreply 453March 24, 2023 12:43 AM

Saw Lauren Hutton countless times at the now closed Noho Star on Lafayette Street. She always seemed to be in a consistently foul mood and was very brusque to all the wait staff despite being a regular and seeing many of them several days a week.

And as for anyone approaching her to give a compliment on any aspect of her career... they did so at their own peril! She would literally tell people to fuck off and get lost.

Perhaps all the rumors about her are true and she is a bitter, frustrated lesbian who’s spent most of her life afraid to come out. She sure seemed like one miserable lady.

by Anonymousreply 454March 24, 2023 12:49 AM

Who the hell would ever want to compliment Lauren Hutton? She's a hideous actress and was never all that attractive.

by Anonymousreply 455March 24, 2023 1:07 AM

I might flash my pussy later

by Anonymousreply 456March 24, 2023 1:26 AM

I love you all! I know, why don't I sing them all and we'll stay all night!!!

Even you fairies!

by Anonymousreply 457March 24, 2023 1:36 AM

[quote] Who the hell would ever want to compliment Lauren Hutton?

I've always admired her smile.

by Anonymousreply 458March 24, 2023 2:20 AM

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 459March 24, 2023 3:15 AM

A 36-page (!!!) Digital Spy thread on the ne plus ultra of celebrity cunts, B-list singer Cilla Black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460March 24, 2023 3:21 AM

I am disappointed Jennifer Saunders is badly behaved.

by Anonymousreply 461March 24, 2023 3:32 AM

R460 She was a Scouser, she drank too much, she had huge teeth, but Paul O'Grady loved her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462March 24, 2023 3:46 AM

Joanna Lumley is probably not a cunt. She seems OK.

by Anonymousreply 463March 24, 2023 4:16 AM

J Lo denies the maid story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464March 24, 2023 4:33 AM

R448 Lopez does have a relationship with her mother, but it's very strained. I think she's tried hard to get past the physical abuse, being thrown out and whatever else, but her mom really just doesn't seem like a nice person. I watched her Halftime documentary, and her mom was uber critical of her cooking and refused to congratulate her when one of her movies got a rave review in national newspaper. Made me feel sorry for J-Lo. She really did have a rough start.

by Anonymousreply 465March 24, 2023 8:07 AM

[quote] Who the hell would ever want to compliment Lauren Hutton? She's a hideous actress and was never all that attractive.

And she is no relation to me or my cousin Nedenia.

by Anonymousreply 466March 24, 2023 8:43 AM

Ann Jillian. A healthcare nonprofit in my city contracted with her to be the featured speaker at their annual fundraiser.

Contract terms included doing pre-event media interviews scheduled by the nonprofit in coordination with her manager’s assistant. Several interviews were on the calendar.

Imagine the nonprofit’s surprise when her husband, who was also her manager, which may explain the current state of her career, started to verbally berate and threaten the nonprofit’s volunteer, but very experienced, rep who was donating their services and booked the interviews.

Regarding the contractually obligated morning show interviews, when calls were placed to her number prior to the first live interview, he started screaming at staff “you don’t wake the star! You don’t wake the star! This is ANN JILLIAN!” All of this was followed by threats of coming to this city to physically assault the person on the other end of the phone.

The rep put the call on speakerphone. Witnesses to the phone call were concerned not only for the volunteer’s safety but for Ms. Jillian’s personal safety, he was that volatile.

The kicker? Ms. Jillian was paid $15,000 to deliver a speech about her life experiences and encourage women to get mammograms. BUT, the speech she was reading from was from an event conducted four years prior, which had her age woven throughout. She would read a sentence with that age mention and say, “guess I should have updated this” or “I’m way older now.” For $15,000 plus airfare, lodging, meals, car service and extras she couldn’t even be bothered to read the speech beforehand or prepare.

The karma? Ms. Jillian and her charming husband had sent 8x10 glossies (converted to digital files for them, which they were shocked at) that they insisted be the ones used in the media and event promotions. The photo — at their direction — was displayed prominently throughout the venue. Imagine her surprise when she walked up to the podium with the CEO, stood next to her, was introduced and received absolutely no welcome applause. Everyone in the room was dead quiet. Bless her heart, the charming woman had gained so much weight she bore absolutely no resemblance to the woman whose picture was plastered around the room. “No really, I’m Ann Jillian,” was what brought people in the room out of their stupor.

It was a delicious moment for everyone who had been dealing with this has-been and her unhinged spouse/manager.

by Anonymousreply 467March 24, 2023 9:14 AM

The story about Helen Mirren is not really that bad, considering that most people nip small talk in the bud to avoid the misunderstanding of being socially available.

Usually, it's the fear of being taken advantage of, which can happen to all of us. Taken advantage of by family members, friends, colleagues, neighbors, relationship partners, etc.

Some people protect themselves by pushing people (including strangers) away.

by Anonymousreply 468March 24, 2023 9:27 AM

r452, r462, I worked at an event in 2012 where Joanna Lumley was a guest. I needed to direct her to a particular area to accomplish a task and she was perfectly lovely. I didn't say anything to her about her work, but I did refer to her as Ms. Lumley.

However, afterward, I did ask her if she wanted a copy of a photo taken while she accomplished her task, and some old queen publicist (for the event, not her own) attacked me for daring to ask her questions. I was doing my job asshole.

by Anonymousreply 469March 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Sorry, I meant to direct r469 towards r463.

by Anonymousreply 470March 24, 2023 10:13 AM

[r467] yet another story where a female star is torpedoed by the “husband/manager” for a tale truly as old as time, one would think people would learn that this never works

by Anonymousreply 471March 24, 2023 10:19 AM

This was supposed to in 2018. She looks heavier but still recognizable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472March 24, 2023 10:46 AM

R472, trust me when I say Miss Ann looked nothing like that on the day of the event in my city. The event was attended by many people who were familiar with her career.

If no one in a room of 500 people can match the looks of the person standing before them with the headshot used to promote the event and on display in the event space that should indicate the individual has changed dramatically.

by Anonymousreply 473March 24, 2023 12:14 PM

More like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474March 24, 2023 12:34 PM

Re: J-hole and the A-Rod/ex-wife situation - I couldn't care less about the ex-wife's supposed wealth, personality, etc. The point is that Lopez had no business sticking her fat ass into that situation - she literally walked into the conference room and started making orders and threats. Talk about entitled!

I kind of (not really) feel sorry for Ben Affleck. I bet Jennifer Garner's got some dirt on Lopez - I'm sure she has to deal with that bitch in some way since Garner and Affleck have kids together.

by Anonymousreply 475March 24, 2023 12:39 PM

R475 I wasn't excusing it, I was explaining it. I think Lopez has a specific complex about people, especially women, she deems privileged and/or gold diggers. Of course she shouldn't have done that. It's something to work out in therapy, not take out on other people.

I'd say she's probably still on her best behavior with Garner, though. It's in her interests for the stepkids to like her.

by Anonymousreply 476March 24, 2023 12:57 PM

After seeing the footage of Carolyn fighting with John in public, I always wondered if some domestic dispute went down on the plane. Maybe she attacked him in the cockpit.

Or maybe he was just like "fuck it Carolyn, you want to crash the plane? Let's crash the plane" and he lost control.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477March 24, 2023 1:04 PM

[quote]Andy Cohen

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 478March 24, 2023 1:10 PM

A friend of mine used to work for a sports venue here in town. One time they had some sort of celebrity filled event for a charity. Susan Sarandon was one of the featured guests. My friend is one of the nicest people in the world and the nicest guy would ever want to meet and he called her a Cunt. We tried to get him to elaborate but he wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 479March 24, 2023 1:18 PM

R479 I also never met Sarandon ever and have zero knowledge of her but I still think she is the C word. You, lady are the kunt.

by Anonymousreply 480March 24, 2023 1:21 PM

[quote]kunt

Stop, R480. Just fucking stop.

by Anonymousreply 481March 24, 2023 1:23 PM

R477, There must have been much tension on that plane. Carolyn did not want to attend that Cape Cod wedding, but was convinced to at the 11th hour.

She was considerably late in arriving at the NJ airport, which had to have pissed off JFK, Jr. and caused him to fly in darkness.

by Anonymousreply 482March 24, 2023 1:33 PM

R471 Are you Ms. Dunaway?

by Anonymousreply 483March 24, 2023 1:37 PM

R482 Are you saying Carolyn had a premonition something bad was going to happen and went against her gut instincts?

by Anonymousreply 484March 24, 2023 1:41 PM

Jennifer Saunders is that miserable. My friend did PR for a jewelry company that featured both her and Joanne L. There was a dinner and my friend said Joanne was so amazing. Elegant, intelligent, witty and just overall amazing. Jennifer on the other hand was aloof and insecure. She made comments about her own weight and was very dismissive.

by Anonymousreply 485March 24, 2023 1:41 PM

I can’t wait for Saffy’s book when Eddie dies, it’s going to make A Small Opening look like a walk in the park!

by Anonymousreply 486March 24, 2023 1:55 PM

R484, No, but Carolyn and JFK, Jr. were experiencing a rough patch in their marriage around the time of Rory Kennedy’s wedding.

He had temporarily moved out of their loft and was staying at the Stanhope Hotel that week.

It was JFK, Jr.’s assistant who convinced Carolyn to agree to attend the wedding. Her thinking was the tabloids would have a field day if JFK, Jr. showed up at a Kennedy family wedding solo, which was true.

by Anonymousreply 487March 24, 2023 2:10 PM

Whatever happened to George Magazine, wasn’t that the real tragedy here?

by Anonymousreply 488March 24, 2023 2:12 PM

[QUOTE]She was considerably late in arriving at the NJ airport,

I read at the time she was late because she was getting a last minute manicure. Not joking.

by Anonymousreply 489March 24, 2023 2:57 PM

r489, she definitely seems the type to do that. Rich little princess who has always gotten her way. Well, until she died in that crash.

by Anonymousreply 490March 24, 2023 3:24 PM

Carolyn had her manicure redone several times that day because the color wasn't right.

by Anonymousreply 491March 24, 2023 3:28 PM

While we're on the topic of Kennedys (kind of), I met Ethel Kennedy years ago at an old job. She was eccentric and funny but horrendously entitled. She berated another employee for not covering her toast with napkins to keep it warm, even though it took 20 seconds to get her food from the kitchen to her room. Didn't tip at all.

by Anonymousreply 492March 24, 2023 3:45 PM

Where's that person who posted here that as a flight attendant, he asked Julia Roberts, "Miss, would you like a drink?" She turned at him with a sour face and said, "You KNOW who I am, and no, I don't want a fucking drink!"

by Anonymousreply 493March 24, 2023 3:48 PM

[quote]She turned to me once everyone boarded and said, "I know you know who I am, but I am really trying to get some rest on this flight so nice to meet you but please don't bother me."

Should have said back to her, "In the remote chance you should ever win an Oscar, I hope you will maintain that same attitude."

by Anonymousreply 494March 24, 2023 3:54 PM

I've never been a fan of Jennifer Lopez, but my heart goes out to anyone who suffered abuse as a child.

by Anonymousreply 495March 24, 2023 5:32 PM

r442 Okay How about A Rosie O one? I was friends with the doorman at a gay bar in the valley. It was a Tuesday night beer bust. On a big ole Harley Davidson, parking it on the sidewalk right in front of the bar is Rosie and she has some long red-haired woman with her. I am talking to my friend at the door and she looks at both of us and goes "which one of you works here?" My friend says he does and she goes "Are people going to bother me here?" and without missing a beat I go "why would anyone bother you?" not meaning it the way it sounded. She shot me a cold-ass look and goes "I am talking to him." My friend said it was a small crowd and they should be pretty chill, it was beer-bust night. She tried to make a joke, "Well we like beer and we have busts!" and again my mouth worked on its own. "well one of you does," and the redhead laughed. Rosie looked at me and said, "I don't like you." This was before the Rosie O show. Cut to a few years later and her bookers are calling me for guests. I would laugh every time I got a call from them if she only knew.

by Anonymousreply 496March 24, 2023 5:41 PM

Why were Americans not taught to use the past tense? Or the present tense? Or the difference between the two, R496?

by Anonymousreply 497March 24, 2023 5:45 PM

r497 sorry if I broke your grammar bone. What country are you from?

by Anonymousreply 498March 24, 2023 5:49 PM

R498 Cuntistan

by Anonymousreply 499March 24, 2023 5:58 PM

R499 oh I would have guessed Outer Bitchgolia.

by Anonymousreply 500March 24, 2023 6:04 PM

R473 - Are you absolutely sure you all didn't inadvertently booked Sally Struthers?

by Anonymousreply 501March 24, 2023 9:07 PM

That story about Julia Roberts and being offered a drink on the plane wasn’t the full story! The flight attendant taunted her by saying “we had that water brought in special for you!”

by Anonymousreply 502March 24, 2023 9:34 PM

R495 I never liked JLo much, but I warmed to her a bit after I found out how badly she was abused by her mom. She hinted at having been molested in a recent interview too. I hadn't realized she'd had it so rough and I think it explains a few things, especially the obsession with relationships and marriage.

by Anonymousreply 503March 24, 2023 9:39 PM

R467 It's fun to embellish, isn't it

by Anonymousreply 504March 24, 2023 9:44 PM

R503 - she was also abused by Marc Anthony. She alludes to it, probably being careful of what she says because her children will likely be reading it soon. His ex Dayanara Torres had a similar experience. For all the dramas and attention seeking, she's very private about some aspects of her life.

I hadn't heard the story about her bursting in ARod's divorce arbitration. I imagine he felt a little castrated. Probably put a damper on the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 505March 24, 2023 10:03 PM

R505 - there were some shocking blind items about him allegedly slapping her around back in the day. I think she probably keeps quiet about the extent of it because of the kids, although they don't seem to have a great relationship with him anymore. They didn't go to his recent wedding.

She's actually quite private about most aspects of her life. I had no idea her dad was a Scientologist until recently. I think the coverage of her relationships gives the allusion she shares much more than she does.

by Anonymousreply 506March 24, 2023 10:10 PM

[quote] That story about Julia Roberts and being offered a drink on the plane wasn’t the full story! The flight attendant taunted her by saying “we had that water brought in special for you!”

“DRINK YOUR JUICE, CUNT!!!”

by Anonymousreply 507March 24, 2023 10:32 PM

The flight attendant told Julia, "As a matter of fact, yes, I was thinking you used to be somebody."

Despite the fact that they were 30,000 feet over the ocean, the pilot ordered Julia to leave the plane immediately.

by Anonymousreply 508March 24, 2023 10:39 PM

Jane Fonda: Jennifer Lopez ‘never apologized’ for cutting my eye on movie set

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509March 24, 2023 10:41 PM

When Julia Roberts was filming “Mona Lisa Smile” in Wellesley, MA, a fan who spotted her walking through her hotel lobby called out “Hi, Julia”.

Julia angrily approached the young man and berated him for saying her name out loud in public, claiming that it was an invasion of her privacy.

by Anonymousreply 510March 24, 2023 10:42 PM

OH! Jennifer Lopez is excused because SHE WAS ABUSED.

Yeah.

Right.

by Anonymousreply 511March 24, 2023 10:51 PM

Jane Fonda revealed that she plays with her Pussy every night before going to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 512March 24, 2023 10:52 PM

I was in the men's room at Mr. Chow's and I heard someone have a phone conversation in the stall. He goes "hang on Bernie" then proceeds to produce a fecal Jackson Pollack burst of shit the likes I had never heard. Then he goes back to his conversation and says "yeah I don't know what I ate but I just fucking exploded, then continued on with his meeting. I was dying to know who it was so I lazily washed my hands. Out of the stall, comes Steven Segal.

by Anonymousreply 513March 25, 2023 12:44 AM

FAKE

by Anonymousreply 514March 25, 2023 12:47 AM

R510 She sounds like a crazy person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515March 25, 2023 1:47 AM

[quote]I never liked JLo much, but I warmed to her a bit after I found out how badly she was abused by her mom. She hinted at having been molested in a recent interview too. I hadn't realized she'd had it so rough and I think it explains a few things, especially the obsession with relationships and marriage.

You "warmed" to this egomaniac because she was abused by her mother?

How sick are you?

by Anonymousreply 516March 25, 2023 2:07 AM

R513 stole the Jackson Pollack line. Pathetic. Are you from Buffalo, R513?

by Anonymousreply 517March 25, 2023 2:42 AM

r447 oh, she has had the cunt reputation, too. . . while now, she claims that her career was stifled by rejecting Harvey W.. she wasn't well liked to begin with. She made a big deal about being a Harvard grad but it wasn't in drama, so it was irrelevant because she did nothing with it other than using it for bragging rights. . . . and alleged set dramas believing herself to be a bigger star than she ever was. . . and breaking DL's primary rule don't be unkind to crew.

by Anonymousreply 518March 25, 2023 3:08 AM

A certain too-large, too-old person twerked in front of a worldwide television audience and all people heard was beep-beep-beep while they clawed at their eyes.

I heard.

by Anonymousreply 519March 25, 2023 3:27 AM

Did Paul Sorvino have some big pull in Hollywood that helped Mira get her Oscar, or for her to complain about her treatment and desire for perks being turned down? I thought he just played tough guys and mobsters, when not singing on stage on occasion as a light-voiced tenor.

by Anonymousreply 520March 25, 2023 3:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521March 25, 2023 3:53 AM

Lucille Ball pushed Baby Jessica down that well.

by Anonymousreply 522March 25, 2023 3:55 AM

R498 I’m from a country in which English is taught. I can imagine that that is a concept which is foreign to someone such as you.

by Anonymousreply 523March 25, 2023 4:05 AM

r520 No, he was just in the peripheral of bigger stars... as a character actor. I would imagine that phrase triggers her. "character actor" because she had no respect for them either. Now she's best known for Romy & Michelle. Personally, I think that film was her career's death knell more than anything else but my opinion matters none. It wasn't a stretch of his talents and he often confused his roles with life, it gave him an inflated local flavor. A heightened celebrity in a handful of neighborhoods... while she was more soho than lower manhattan (or lsay more type-a socialite than jersey shore or a mafioso wannabe). and that was part of the problem with her attitude... I kept thinking snob wouldn't be the right word for it because of it's association with class, from what I've heard, she would dismiss most reactions as just being a New Yorker. She's more transparent now about being a social climber, particularly with the other celebs she aligns with... other even more obnoxious nepobabies.

by Anonymousreply 524March 25, 2023 5:20 AM

I seemed to recall the Woody Allen film she won the Oscar for was something where she seemed to be having a lot of wrong line readings.

by Anonymousreply 525March 25, 2023 6:19 AM

R496 was that Lupe at Oil Can Harry’s? He’s got a ton of celeb stories!

by Anonymousreply 526March 25, 2023 8:26 AM

R516 I was also abused as a child, so I have compassion for someone who had such a rough start to life and still made something of themselves. I don't think someone being an "egomaniac" means they don't deserve compassion. It also puts the whole serial marrying thing into perspective because it's more a sign of emotional damage than seeking attention.

Perhaps you need to go to therapy.

by Anonymousreply 527March 25, 2023 9:36 AM

Faye was brilliant as Polly in the Poughkeepsie Players production of The Boyfriend. Couldn't have been sweeter. Baked cookies for the entire company before each performance. Granted, it was a limited run of 2 performances, but she couldn't have been nicer. Don't know where all this cunty behavior mentioned comes from. Baffled. That was the product with Helen Lawson as Mme Dubonnet, and Jim Nabors as Tony (the Boyfriend).

by Anonymousreply 528March 25, 2023 1:52 PM

R495 U don't have to tell us your a frau. Goooood fucking queeeeeef.

by Anonymousreply 529March 25, 2023 2:53 PM

R527 Get off the site, frau. Stick ur therapy up your cooze.

by Anonymousreply 530March 25, 2023 2:59 PM

R527, eat your own shit because we're not buying it.

"Seek therapy" is just another mean-girl passive-aggressive swipe. YOU'RE defending a wealthy, notably deranged celebrity about whom you know only what PR has permitted you to know, and using that celebrity as a sop for your own lack of worth.

I was abused as a child, and seriously. I would never, with or without the years of therapy I navigated to lead my own life, expect anyone to "warm" to me over my unfortunate past. In fact, the kind of cunt who would think that way mistakes "compassion" with "sick greedy need," and no one wants that kind of wreck marauding through the countryside self-justifying such a badly patched psyche.

I'd suggest "therapy" but good counseling is wasted on some "proud" and permanent "victims."

by Anonymousreply 531March 25, 2023 4:05 PM

R531 you really do need psychological help.

Lopez isn't some evil rapist or murderer, she's a fucking actress and "singer" whose worst crime is being a bit obnoxious and annoying. I'm simply saying that learning a bit about her background puts some of her questionable choices, like her many marriages, into perspective, and makes me feel bad for judging her and mocking her. No deeper meaning, and certainly no reason to insult me, you broken, insane human being. You'd think I'd defended Charles Manson. Jesus fucking Christ. You do truly need help.

by Anonymousreply 532March 25, 2023 4:21 PM

R532 he does need help but the line is long, the helpers are in short supply, and the cray-cray is hard to fix.

by Anonymousreply 533March 25, 2023 4:26 PM

Back to stories of celebs who are nasty cunts! Someone must have more stories!

by Anonymousreply 534March 25, 2023 4:47 PM

Reese Witherspoon

No story. Just a sense.

by Anonymousreply 535March 25, 2023 4:52 PM

There. Cunt revealed in full true colors at R532.

Sorry you're broken. Now fuck off about warming to celebrities because you see them as damaged.

And ask Jennifer about covering up Diddy's gun violence, the poor victim. A lot you know.

by Anonymousreply 536March 25, 2023 4:55 PM

Oh, and 19 posts jabbering about J-Lo, R532 et al.

OCD much?

by Anonymousreply 537March 25, 2023 4:56 PM

Jennifer Lopez’s Fan Reportedly Shocked at Her Rude Attitude During Meet-And-Greet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 25, 2023 5:02 PM

R538 basically ends by saying it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 539March 25, 2023 5:26 PM

[QUOTE]U don't have to tell us your a frau. Goooood fucking queeeeeef.

I don't know which is worse, being a compassionate frau or an adolescent suffering from episodic TIAs. The former is expected, the latter is tragic and irreversible.

by Anonymousreply 540March 25, 2023 5:36 PM

Why don’t you bitches go strum a tune with your loose n floppy beef curtains?!!

by Anonymousreply 541March 25, 2023 7:22 PM

r539 J-Lo does curse like a sailor, though. I worked with her once and she was fine, polite in that snippy New York way (polite words, rude tone), but boy can that woman curse.

by Anonymousreply 542March 25, 2023 10:15 PM

Nick Lachey cut in line at a Krispy Kreme back around the time he was still with Jessica Simpson. I was pretty young at the time, but I still remember some lady in line getting into an argument with him and he threatened to spit in her dozen of donuts.

Surprisingly enough my worst celebrity experiences have almost always been outside of California.

by Anonymousreply 543March 25, 2023 11:09 PM

r543 In my experience and bias, SoCal is far more chill (and cynical), so they won't put up with too much of those antics. . . so outside of the child stars transitioning into young adults, you don't see as much as say NY where most of the kiddies go to grow up and get pulled into the faux aritiste or trustfund baby cliques. (NY's salad bowl to CA's melting pot. Cliques seem a little more narrowly defined in NYC than LA. So, there's a lot more mean girl/boy'ing the closer you get to the northeast where social hierarchies are taken more seriously... or quite frankly, you find more people untouched by the industry and its peripherals.)

by Anonymousreply 544March 26, 2023 12:19 AM

r535, here's a story for you, she pulled a "Do you know who I am" card with a police officer. Yeah, she's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 545March 26, 2023 12:22 AM

r517 well, I borrowed it from a guy on Graham Norton's show but sure you can say I stole it. No, I am not from Buffalo.

by Anonymousreply 546March 26, 2023 12:30 AM

Graham Nortion - bitter old queen that wished he had a more serious acting career...

like many, many, many other old queens from Rupert to RuPaul

but forced to conform to roles they hate... and largely defeated themselves by being so bitter about it.

by Anonymousreply 547March 26, 2023 12:37 AM

Natasha Lyonne, lightweight on the cunt scale.. it's more she lives in a bubble where the considerations or inconvenience for others rarely enters into her mind.

You'll find many stories about in her in public to being disruptive in stores to wanting them to close it down for her to shop. and too many episodes of buying only one item, if anything at all.

by Anonymousreply 548March 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Wasn't she a POS drug addict a decade ago, begging for a tiny role in anything she could get? He star hasn't risen that much that she should be afforded stores closing down for her to shop privately.

by Anonymousreply 549March 26, 2023 1:38 AM

I know people who worked on America's Sweethearts and while they never said she was rude claimed Julia was cold, standoffish and snobby.

by Anonymousreply 550March 26, 2023 2:07 AM

I've told this story here before and even tried to Google search to copy it, but it seems to have been "disappeared" from the intenet Annals.

He wasn't cunty to me in my encounter, but was definitely off-putting weird with a cunty reputation that preceded him. All Chicago based:

The "alleged" rapist William K. Smith had my friend's boyfriend barista fired from Seattle's Best Coffee on Oakdale & Broadway about '98 or so for saying "Oh, wow. You look like WKS" while never saying or alluding to the charges.. Gone before 9.

Several years later, I was visiting a friend on Oakdale in a Plus Four right next to WKS's white brick townhouse. We were walking my friend's pug and came upon him and his small, blonde female cousin. He was tall, lumbering, blubbery for his frame, and *painfully* awkward. He could not maintain eye contact or even engage in small talk over a pooch. The cousin was outgoing and friendly, but not effusive or weird. He was just kind of black-eyed, weird and reticent if you could manage some eye contact for a second. He couldn't/wouldn't read a cue if it came up and put a hole between his eyes.

Creepy beyond belief and he was a physician who saw patients.

by Anonymousreply 551March 26, 2023 2:24 AM

Oh, I saw him in that neighborhood, too. He was coming out of the Dominick's that used to be there as I was going in. I remember thinking, "There's that Kennedy rapist guy," and trying to see what was in his bags as he went past.

by Anonymousreply 552March 26, 2023 4:36 AM

P.S. Did you mean a four-plus-one? I was confused and it took me a minute to realize what you probably meant. Do people in other cities use that term?

by Anonymousreply 553March 26, 2023 4:38 AM

The Chicago "four plus one"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554March 26, 2023 4:41 AM

I met Sarandon, once, briefly, and she was not a cunt. I met Robbins a couple of times and he was quite full of himself, though not a cunt either.

by Anonymousreply 555March 26, 2023 4:57 AM

[QUOTE]P.S. Did you mean a four-plus-one?

Yes! It's been nearly 15 years since I left Lakeview and 20 or so since I left Chicago. I don't remember the terminology so well. I do recall they were supposed to be mob-owned and operated?

by Anonymousreply 556March 26, 2023 5:10 AM

That William Kennedy Smith incident took place on a Good Friday, IIRC. Uncle Ted Kennedy and another cousin were all in a bar drinking b/f the incident. I did believe he raped that woman. But … acquitted by a jury.

Good Friday, if you’re a Christian, is an important day. It’s the day of the crucifixion.

by Anonymousreply 557March 26, 2023 6:00 AM

David Cassidy was (dead now) a massive diva..., he had specific rules when you met him, such as you were never to look at him in the eyes and to maintain a submissive posture, treat him with reverence. And this was decades after The Partridge Family. This applied to anyone in his presence. track 32 of the link below is someone that made such stories public, though other people have confirmed similar (less exaggerated) tales over the years.

There were also stories of how he treated fraus that setup conventions specifically for him and their fandom of his tv character, which the major one was his refusal to sign any photos from The Partridge Family while also on top of exuberant appearance fees for a hasbeen, unbeknownst to planners, charging like 50 bucks per signing. Which they were willing to cop to the charge if he'd sign the damn photos but he threw a tantrum and he walked out. The planners sued for breech of contract and if you can find an archive, it was in the National Inquirer titled "David's Sunday Disaster"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558March 26, 2023 6:07 AM

also on the topic of poltz, there was Lisa Loeb, who was hated by a lot of people.. but particularly Mr. Poltz and Rufus Wainwright because although a liberal, she was very socially conservative, subdued, uptight and believed to have a metal rod permanently erected in her ass. She wasn't made for touring... especially with most other performers. Honestly, I only recall Paula Cole being one she got on with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559March 26, 2023 6:23 AM

R558 I think Katie said he wasn't a great father either.

by Anonymousreply 560March 26, 2023 6:47 AM

R348 I call bullshit. I can't see Andy Cohen with TWO bodyguards--let alone one.

by Anonymousreply 561March 26, 2023 10:32 AM

Bob Denver & Dustin Diamond.

linked because they were quite similar in many ways.. troubled pathological liars that couldn't find success after their last hit and made many people's lives hell.

by Anonymousreply 562March 26, 2023 10:33 AM

r561, that's right. You can't see him when anyone is standing in front of him. Bitch is a tiny, tiny man. In every sense of the word, tiny.

by Anonymousreply 563March 26, 2023 12:33 PM

I worked at one of the Kim's Video stores in the East Village in the early 90s while in college. We had a lot of celeb customers, and most were fine to deal with. You just treated them like everyone else and pretended you didn't recognize them (or didn't care, which I didn't) and sent them on their way.

The one exception was Michael Musto, who was a massively unpleasant cunt. He acted like he was doing us a favor by patronizing the store and always gave us withering looks when he approached the counter as if to say- Don't you DARE recognize me! Like any of us cared. He was a hideous troll even back then. And all I ever saw him rent was gay porn.

Our particular store was a strange shape, as it was in an apartment building. The storefront was on St. Mark's, but the entrance to the apartment building was on 2nd Ave. The store itself was on the 2nd floor. The store kind of wrapped around in a very long semi-circle so that you could not see the other side of it if you were at the counter. The porn section was all the way around the corner in the back (and was gigantic).

One time Musto came in to return some movies with his usual sour puss, dismissive attitude. I took his films from him and then yelled to my colleague who was headed towards the back- Hang on, I just got two gay porns returned. Take them back for me. That withered raisin face looked about ready to explode.

by Anonymousreply 564March 26, 2023 3:30 PM

Too bad you didn’t shout out the actual titles.

by Anonymousreply 565March 26, 2023 4:00 PM

We had a Tasteful Friends thread about Michael Musto's apartment. Here's the thread. His apartment was basic, in the worst sense of the word. He has no apparent style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566March 26, 2023 5:46 PM

R566, His apartment was filthy, and he knew a camera crew would be coming over.

by Anonymousreply 567March 26, 2023 6:00 PM

At BAM at a dance performance Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins were the first ones in the house, a small old dilapidated theater, and they were very cool just hanging out and chatting with the ushers for about twenty minutes until other audience members showed up. They were also impeccably dressed, as if just having come from a photo shoot.

by Anonymousreply 568March 26, 2023 6:11 PM

Tim Robbin was so qt. Only when he was young and nerdee, thoughs.

by Anonymousreply 569March 26, 2023 6:24 PM

Wasn't Robbins known for asking young playwrights to dinner, fawning over them, and asking about their works? And then pretended the bill wasn't his until the young, embarrassed writer obligingly picked it up, even though invited by Robbins?

Major GOP shit pretending to be a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 570March 26, 2023 6:45 PM

I once wrote a fan letter to Lily Tomlin and here it is 20 years later and she still hasn't written back. CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 571March 26, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote] Cher said Bitch! Threw the salad bowl at her and it hit her in the back of the head. (from R191).

Wouldn't it have been great if the victim had pressed charges for battery?

by Anonymousreply 572March 26, 2023 8:20 PM

I can't think of any.

by Anonymousreply 573March 26, 2023 8:27 PM

R592: can you elaborate on Bob Denver?

by Anonymousreply 574March 26, 2023 10:06 PM

Partner had to interview Elvis Costello for a major outlet.

He asked Elvis a seemingly benign question and Elvis lost his shit. He ripped off his mic and threw it at his interviewer and that was the end of things.

It was a soft piece. Partner wasn’t trying to grill him or put him on the defensive in any way. Elvis’s reaction left him a bit shaken. He’s interviewed lots of major newsmakers and it was bizarre.

He also interviewed and hated Sarah Ferguson. She was in the midst of a ton of promotional stuff. His camera crew followed her around as she made appearances for Weight Watchers, Royal Doulton (she signed plates people bought), etc. When they sat down, he asked her about her evolution into a pitchwoman of sorts and she immediately went ice cold. “Excuse me?!” And it was downhill from there. But, I mean, she was a fucking pitchwoman! She was selling herself to whatever brands would pay her rate. He tried to countered, “Well, what would you call it?” She didn’t thaw, or give a good answer.

And what interview subjects need to realize is turning against your interviewer is rarely smart. They get to edit the piece together and you’ve now given them filmed demonstrations of shitty behavior.

by Anonymousreply 575March 26, 2023 11:03 PM

[quote]Wouldn't it have been great if the victim had pressed charges for battery?

She sang, "Bang bang, you shot me down. Bang bang, I hit the ground. Bang bang, that awful sound. Bang bang, you fucking nasty cunt."

by Anonymousreply 576March 27, 2023 2:57 AM

I met Bob Denver at a convenience store in St. Pete Fl around 1984 . He was appearing in some dinner theater and he still had stage make up on. I was a little tipsy ,so when I realized who he was I screamed "OMG! Its Gilligan! " . He seemed a little irked but then he started talking to us and he was cool as shit. When I apologized for calling him Gilligan he said he really didnt mind but he had heard it about 80 million times . He was buying wine,and seemed a little stoned. I had his autograph for years after but lost it somewhere along the way.

by Anonymousreply 577March 27, 2023 3:12 AM

I don't believe the Lauren Hutton story at all. I was working the ticket booth at a small theater in Hollywood (The Complex) and she sat next to me and we had a great conversation. She also went into the bookstore that my husband worked at quite often and sought him out every time she went back.

by Anonymousreply 578March 27, 2023 3:17 AM

I just saw Drum Eatenton At the Piggly Wiggly this morning and smiled at the son of a bitch for I couldn't help myself.

by Anonymousreply 579March 27, 2023 3:17 AM

This guy. Absolute cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580March 27, 2023 4:14 AM

R580 Never heard of him. What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 581March 27, 2023 4:20 AM

R580 he looks like the dude from RJ Berger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582March 27, 2023 4:21 AM

Christina Aguilera pulled the "Do you know who I am?" on... Mickey Mouse. And called him an asshole because she was told she had to wait to take a picture with him at Disneyland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583March 27, 2023 4:41 AM

A bit of shoving to get their 'good side'.

[quote] E! News correspondent Giuliana Rancic: "I think she [Ariana Grande] does have a little bit of a diva thing going on," the TV host revealed. "I remember, I think it was at the AMAs, she came up on the platform, and normally I stand on this side [her left side] to the camera. I had to fight 13 years to get this side to the camera, it's my good side, but I fought 13 years for this, OK? Little Ariana comes over, I feel like 'bing,' elbow in my side, I'm like, 'What's going on?' And they push me to the other side."

by Anonymousreply 584March 27, 2023 5:07 AM

I've posted in two threads over the years about how sad, bitter, and nasty Judy Collins was to me in an art gallery in London in the mid-nineties. After others have informed me of her troubles with drink over the years, it made more sense to me how she could be so very toxic and cruel. I do believe she was indeed a bit squiffy at the time.

I did not make a big to-do about recognising her, in fact, I simply was as pleasant and friendly as I would normally be. I wasn't even certain it WAS Judy Collins until she handed me her credit card... perhaps that was my mistake?

When I told her I loved her music, she said I was too young to be a fan. I was born in the sixties, and mentioned I had fond memories of hearing her music throughout my life. My mum listened to her all the time when I was young. She said "your parents were fans". No graciousness whatsoever on her part. She did spend a great deal of money, which I was grateful for, but she insulted me more than a few times, and I honestly was completely crestfallen. Her music meant a lot to me. I thought she was genuinely cool as well up until our meeting.

What stuck in my mind the most was how she was pestering someone on her mobile to provide her with the addresses to which her gift purchases were to be shipped. Cantankerous would be a good word. I can no longer take pleasure in her music. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 585March 27, 2023 5:12 AM

Kathy Griffin about Jon Hamm:

[quote]"You'll never convince me to like Jon Hamm," Griffin wrote in 2016, before recounting an alleged tale of an ill-fated dinner party (via Us Weekly). "Hammy showed up. ... He even said to me, 'What are you doing here?' I said ... 'What are you doing here?'" If you're not cringing yet, she explained that while talking to Jack Nicholson later on, an intoxicated Hamm reportedly started whispering in her ear: "First it was, 'You know your Emmy isn't a real Emmy' ... then he whispered, 'You're so o-o-o-old.'"

by Anonymousreply 586March 27, 2023 5:14 AM

I don't believe that story for a minute. As if Jon Hamm would know who Kathy Griffin was.

by Anonymousreply 587March 27, 2023 5:21 AM

She told the story on Stern and I believe every word of it. She said he's one of those hot people who's really mean but thinks he's funny. Pretty common, I've found.

by Anonymousreply 588March 27, 2023 5:24 AM

Kathy has cunty stories about everyone.

by Anonymousreply 589March 27, 2023 5:37 AM

R575 - did this happen while he was still drinking? I've read he was a bad drunk (outside of the Ray Charles episode).

by Anonymousreply 590March 27, 2023 5:44 AM

Hamm's college stories only reaffirm that he is an asshole. I believe Griffin. You know Hamm would look down on her if she was attending a party he was at.

by Anonymousreply 591March 27, 2023 6:10 AM

R581 he is an English comic, $imon A$tel. (I just know he googles himself and I refuse to give him any satisfaction in adding to his internet interest score). He and his boyfriend come in to where I'm shop bottoming, and I approach them to get things started and see if I can help them. The boyfriend is lovely, and the cunt gives me his best withering up and look. It was eye-rollingly cunty. I sent a telepathic message to the boyfriend 'you can do much better than him'.

by Anonymousreply 592March 27, 2023 12:19 PM

I'm not surprised, R592. Was this when he was somewhat better-known (i.e. while he was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks)?

Re.: R584 - no-one was watching that show for Giuliana Rancic. I barely know a thing about Ariana Grande but I know that she takes precedence over Giuliana Rancic.

by Anonymousreply 593March 27, 2023 12:43 PM

Alice Waters…

She was at the UNION Sq. farmer’s market, for what looked like a simple meet and greet. I had just been out to Berkeley a month earlier…and visited CP for dinner. As I walked from a vendor’s stand and saw her in front of me, I started to mention my recent trip out west. She looked st me and just said: “are you buying the book?” I said no, just a hello. Without saying anything else, she just turned her back to ignore me. 🤑

by Anonymousreply 594March 27, 2023 1:28 PM

It would have been mid 2000s r593, so he was then well known.

by Anonymousreply 595March 27, 2023 2:47 PM

I’m saving my stories for the follow up thread, “Celebs Who Are Miserable Nasty Fucking Cunts”

by Anonymousreply 596March 27, 2023 3:31 PM

OP, who's infected cunt continues to spread STDs and lies.

by Anonymousreply 597March 27, 2023 3:50 PM

[quote]OP, who's infected cunt

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 598March 27, 2023 3:52 PM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 27, 2023 4:12 PM

Close this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 600March 27, 2023 4:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!