Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where are all the gray lined threads coming from?

It seems weird. For the longest time anything about Ellen's dancing puppet, Meagain, got greyed out but it was assumed squads of paid winged monkeys were at work so you could count on anything $u$$ex getting the gray line.

But then there's the following, from the political to the harmless to the inconsequential...

The gays need to boycott Joy Reid's advertisers - strikethrough

THEATRE GOSSIP #443: The "I'm Just A DLer Who Can't Let It Go!" Edition - strikethrough

The Gays and Tennis Part 103: Year-End Thread - strikethrough

Media keeps focusing on Biden's Approval ratings - strikethrough

Every week the media focuses on Biden's lower approval ratings. The man hasn't been in office for 9 months and had to clean up the fucking mess the last

Below Deck - Season 9 - strikethrough

I mean, WTF - the theatre thread, the tennis thread and Below fucking deck? Where's the harm?

What is going on?

by Anonymousreply 112November 23, 2021 7:25 PM

There is a weird hater who lurks on Datalounge, and they target posters who they don't like.

Of course because of the blocking feature, this weirdo can stalk people and then target every thread they create, and get it grayed out.

That's what happens when you have no life and too much time on your hands.

Talk about a loser.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2021 6:38 PM

Also it seems that all Markle and Trans threads immediately get grayed out.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2021 6:45 PM

Not saying it is good or bad but it sure seems widespread.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2021 6:46 PM

[quote] Not saying it is good or bad but it sure seems widespread.

Some loser has discovered the secret to getting threads lined out, and they think they're quite clever.

Muriel is aware of it, and working on the problem.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2021 6:48 PM

A shit ton of threads suddenly turned grey yesterday after the Biphobe Loon kept denigrating bisexuals and defaming and libeling Andrew Neighbors as a bisexual and cover-up artist.

None of the things ever happened, so Looney Tunes got F&F'd to shit.

It looks like the Biphobe Loon was behind quite a shitload of threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2021 6:54 PM

Nothing is "going on."

We have a lot of trolls and the ignore thread function is working again. People are ignoring trolls, their threads, and/or FFing them.

Also, you have your settings set pretty low, apparently. Many of those threads you listed aren't grayed out for me because I'm on Asbestos Eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2021 6:55 PM

I don't. It's in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2021 6:56 PM

How would you know what Muriel is working on R4?

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2021 6:59 PM

Why did Muriel create the F&F system in the first place then, r4?

Was it just another ruse, to play lip service to moderation against the rampant Fake News, slurs, bigotry, homophobia and trolling on DL? Kind of like the bogus Block and Ignore functions that don't truly work against a field of sock puppet accounts.

Could be.. Muriel is a troll herself.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2021 6:59 PM

And that's a good thing R2.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2021 7:02 PM

They don't, r8.

The problem with the people who post the Markle hater and the anti-trans posts is that they steadfastly will not learn how Datalounge works, so they make stuff up like they're doing in this thread.

Threads getting grayed out are not "a problem." It happens when people ignore and FF the OP and their thread. Change settings to Asbestos Eyeballs and a lot of these grayed-out threads will stop being grayed out.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2021 7:04 PM

[quote] Not saying it is good or bad but it sure seems widespread.

I don't think there is any "good" in it at all. Even when it lines out posts I hate. DL should just show down votes instead and leave the post intact so at least others can read it and judge for themselves. I could even accept it being lined out (at least you can still read it), but the line-out also deletes any links.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2021 7:05 PM

There are one or two loons (Markle haters, big surprise!) who threaten to tattle to Muriel about "mean" people and act like they have direct, private access. Full off shit as R11 said.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2021 7:11 PM

Look at all the trolls whining about being held accountable in the most pro-troll, pro-hate and slander site on the internet!

Butt-hurt little trolls hate getting caught and not being able to control everybody.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2021 7:40 PM

Speaking of trolls, R14, and no one is particularly whining.

That said, FF and the block feature are great.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2021 8:08 PM

The threads get graylined and then the OP of those threads often gets redlined, because of some recent-ish changes to DL.

Muriel made it more difficult to create sockpuppets, by blocking old threads to new posts; and, locking threads to unpaid members when there are too many comments by unpaid subscribers (aka sockpuppets/trolls). These changes made it difficult to create new accounts with sufficient karma to post, reply and vote from. I suspect other changes were made regarding FF sensitivity.

In the old days, trolls could abandon an account by deleting as soon as they smelled trouble. Back then I'd often see an account make a few vile comments, then be deleted within minutes or an hour. Now that you can't get new unpaid troll accounts up and running as quickly, trolls hang onto them, sometimes too long, and they get gray- or red-lined.

The topics I see get lined out are things I'd expect: Repetitive threads about obscure actors, Instagram whore threads (these 2 topics often created to generate quick karma), concern trolling threads about trans, race, and Democratic Party members, and pet topics by the Loon, such as the anti-bi threads she has been posting here and on Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2021 8:51 PM

Lol, BORIS is triggered and uspet

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2021 9:08 PM

I thought that someone just hated tennis when the threads first started getting grayed out - but now I think that they’re getting locked down bc there are only a few posters and we’re not subscribers.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2021 9:15 PM

Honestly, it's haters who stalk other posters and then get their threads grayed out because they don't like them.

It's a weird bullying thing.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2021 9:17 PM

R2 It is a crazy woman in love with royal Markles and she is also big trans fan. And inventing some Boris the enemy of Meghan and trans. She would FF you untill you get banned for a day and call you racist if you dare critisize the Markles.

She is very vile and nasty, probably with big mental health issues.

She also created a tread bashing Surviving angel and poor Greg the cook.

Sh

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2021 9:17 PM

R11 and R13 is the crazy frau. She was threathening some posters thatvshe will spy on their personal data so they told they were going to report. It was on Surviving angel bashing post.

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2021 9:21 PM

She thinks she can dictate what gays will talk about. But she is very homophobic and convincing gays on trans threads that they are women in fact, just like trans women.

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2021 9:23 PM

And R17 and the one mentioning Boris. She really is crazy in the head.

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2021 9:25 PM

I don't even know why she hates poor Greg the cook, she created disgusting thread about him.

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2021 9:26 PM

It's beyond obvious why these threads get FF'ed, they're redundant SPAM. The real "loser" is the moron that keeps starting these. Do we really need 443 threads about "theatre gossip"? 103 threads about "gays and tennis"? Several THOUSAND threads about any time Markle queefs? OP has severe OCD and can't control herself from spamming the site with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2021 9:29 PM

And you're a low IQ troll thinking that datalounge is your unhinged republican toilet, you Russian troll R23

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2021 9:30 PM

It takes multiple posters FFing a thread to get it grayed out.

If a particular topic is constantly being grayed out, it's likely that either (a) there are too many similar threads, (b) the topic/subject is unpopular, or (c) the discussion pursued in said threads is extremely similar to prior discussions.

[quote] Do we really need 443 threads about "theatre gossip"

I am not particularly interested in theater, but can't imagine being so annoyed by its very existence that I'd take time to FF it. DL *used* to be a place that had many odd, unusual topics, some only attracting a few posters. We've been overwhelmed by topics best discussed on other social media.

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2021 9:32 PM

R26 Homophobic and stupid uneducated woman. How can someone be Russian and Republican, you silly cow.

by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2021 9:33 PM

Why does the DL Tranny Warrior despise Greg so much? That I can't understand.

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2021 9:34 PM

R25 Who is gonna be the judge what will be banned. The crazy frau that says gays are jealous of pussy and wantbto be women?

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2021 9:35 PM

Interesting, every post between R19 and R25 is missing. Busy troll.

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2021 9:35 PM

Maybe because you blocked everyone who knows you are a homophobic fat frau.

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2021 9:40 PM

Thanks R16 and R20, appreciate the information.

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2021 9:42 PM

R16 Seems that moderator has done something, because before she would ban me with her false accounts. I thought it was more people before, but I think it is only one woman hanging on DL whole day.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2021 9:42 PM

I appreciate the moderation. The sock puppet thing is out of hand. All the anti-Biden and anti-Kamala threads with their bizarre claims really stink up the DL.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote] DL Tranny Warrior

You mean the Sad Unfuckable Muppet?

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2021 10:04 PM

Well, [insert pronoun here] claimed in the thread about Chris Crocker transitioning that [insert pronoun here] had been married for 20+ years, so I'm not sure about the 'Unfuckable' part, but who knows, maybe the marriage is sexless, as those of that length tend to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2021 10:11 PM

But she lies, once she told she was a black gay man, once told gay men are women, once is married, once isn't. She is not very reliable.

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2021 10:17 PM

Anyone who uses retarded phrasing like "Meagain" and "$u$$ex" deserves to die in a grease fire. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2021 10:20 PM

I believe she is a woman not just because of her writing style, but she is rather homophobic and despises gay men, and I don't think that straight man would be posting here neither writing about topics she covers, Meghan, trans. And when she accused other posters being jealous of Meghan's pussy and convincing them to change sex because as gay men they wanted to be a woman, I knew it was a woman.

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2021 10:25 PM

It’s not a stalker.

If a poster gets F&F’d enough times, all his posts get greyed-out and they lose posting privileges for a day.

It just so happens that the Biphobe Loon posting Fake News to the Andrew Neighbors thread happened to be behind a lot of other threads, as if she is Muriel the webmaster of DL herself.

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2021 11:40 PM

But the most persistent trolls are paid subscribers, R16 and it’s just as easy as ever for them to create sockpuppets.

And I think Muriel started closing old threads so she could rehash the same topics in “new”-seeming threads every few months, even though it’s the same people typing the same comments or just checking out because they’re sick of repeating themselves or re-reading others.

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2021 11:53 PM

The only people who try to convince you the Block and Ignore functions are great are trolls like R15 and that’s usually Muriel.

It’s to cover up the gross inadequacy of this website and the sock puppet system of pure troll amnesty.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2021 11:57 PM

As if the Biphobe Loon fabricating bisexual accusations and slander wasn’t a stalker or bully, right, R19?

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2021 12:03 AM

R20 = Boris the Klan Granny whining and butt-hurt that nobody buys his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2021 12:05 AM

R40, you [italic]know[/italic] about whom you're speaking, don't you? Only one trolloon checks all the boxes. Checks all the boxes AND manages to do so while looking superdeluxe-fetching in a maillot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2021 2:58 AM

R45 I tried to find you a man, a bisexual guy, but he was lying that he was gay. He didn't want to go near your slimey pussy. But hey, I tried. Don't say I am not a good Christian.

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2021 10:15 AM

[quote]Muriel made it more difficult to create sockpuppets, by blocking old threads to new posts; and, locking threads to unpaid members when there are too many comments by unpaid subscribers... These changes made it difficult to create new accounts with sufficient karma to post, reply and vote from.

This doesn't make any sense. I assume "blocking old threads to new posts" means "LOCKING" old threads to new posts.

Locking down the older threads was just to stop Davida/DeFacto from bumping so many old threads, it has had no effect on the number of sockpuppets or trolls we have. Locking down popular threads also has no effect on the number of trolls or sockpuppets we have.

Trolls and sockpuppets are created when someone registers a new email address and then sits on DL long enough to be allowed to post.

That's it. Mediapolis has done NOTHING to stem the tide of sockpuppets and trolls. I wouldn't say the trolls have "pure amnesty" but it's close. At least with the original setup you couldn't create a new account unless you used a different browser and/or VPN. Now you can just create as many throwaway email accounts as you want and there's no limit to the sockpuppets you can have.

by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2021 11:05 AM

[quote]I suspect other changes were made regarding FF sensitivity

This is actually true, as of a couple months ago I noticed that you can get banned real easy when you're starting out with new karma, but all that does is HELP the trolls, which Mediapolis doesn't realize. It just means Davida can FF you with three of her sockpuppets and you get a short timeout for it, when it used to take her a lot more sockpuppets to ban a new account or someone with zero karma.

Those numbers are estimates but based on my own experience. I was the R 1 in one of her troll posts and I called it a troll post, because it was. It took less than a minute for me to get banned, and at the same time her own OP got 4 WWs. From there I extrapolated that those 4 WWs were her OP and three sockpuppets, who surely also FFed me. That's all it took.

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2021 11:07 AM

[quote] I think Muriel started closing old threads so she could rehash the same topics in “new”-seeming threads every few months

I don't think that's Muriel, I think someone has a literal list of topics that were popular and brings them up every few weeks or so in order to get WWs and interaction, which raises their karma. It makes FFs less effective against them.

My suspicion is that's why we have so many long-time trolls and why it takes so long for accounts like GermanGayGuy or DeFacto to get banned, because they've posted something about, say, Robert Downey Jr or Martha Stewart or Ordinary People and gotten positive interaction from it, which negates the ignores and FFs they got elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2021 11:09 AM

R33, R20 is right in that the person they tagged is a troll, but they're someone posting Biden-bashing and Kamala-bashing threads, they're not posting pro-trans or pro-Meghan stuff. I mean, almost no one posts pro-trans or pro-Meghan stuff, it just doesn't happen.

You have to be very careful with the information you get on these threads. There are people who think they know a lot about DL but don't know anything, and others who deliberately tell lies to confuse the issue. Double check everything you hear, and yes, that includes what I've posted as well. Check it for yourself to verify it, don't just believe everything you read.

by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2021 11:14 AM

R51 Read with understanding.

I never said that this troll starts many threads about Markles and trans. On the contrary, she bombs the threads that include such topics attacking the posters that express an opinion that is less then admiration for Markles and trans. She wants to stop any free expression on such topics, she would call you racist, Boris, Russian spy, will post 20 nonsense posts like Tranny ate my granny, Boris is ugly incel to stop the discussion. She will FF you with her sock puppets until you get banned for a day.

She just has a thing for Markle and trans people ( God knows what Meghan and trans have in common) and she wants to prevent DL pointless bitchery being applied on them. She just sees it as her mission to silence fags. She is very homophobic and think gay men are jealous of Markle pussy and want to be women, hence they are trans women.

This would be funny if she wasn't vile and nasty and homophobic. She started a disgusting thread about poor harmless Greg the cook and Surviving angel. They must have said something about Meghan or trans that she found offensive. These are the threads she starts or the Boris paranoia threads.

And she is rather irritating in trying to introduce censorship on a gay forum. I don't care about royals, but since Markles try to catch the public attention frequently I don't see why they can't be a topic like anybody else. Same with trans people. I want to be allowed to speak about this phenomena.

I know she probably is a mentally ill woman, but you can't just let mentally ill people moderate the web site. I mean, who will come next with his topics that should be taboo.

by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2021 12:55 PM

This is an example of her MO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2021 12:58 PM

Or this, about Surviving angel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2021 1:01 PM

[quote]Why did Muriel create the F&F system in the first place then, r4?

I'm not r4 but the system goes back to the beginning when DL had separate sub-forums. We had a sidebar with posts that got a lot of "Wit & Wisdom" upvotes, and things that got enough downvotes went to the "Flames & Freaks" sub-forum, that separated troll-infested threads from the normal threads.

Over the years it changed and the Wit & Wisdom sidebar was taken away, because people figured out how to game the system and get awful stuff into the W&W sidebar. Briefly there was a front page called "The Zeitgeist" where WWed posts would go, but that got gamed as well and was removed. Mediapolis KNOWS the system is easily gamed.

Eventually Wit & Wisdom and Flames & Freaks turned into WW and FF buttons. A few years ago they limited the number of FFs we could give, which to this day I believe is because they simply didn't want to bother to have to keep checking to see why someone was getting 100s of FFs.

Then you'll get someone who works on DL telling us to "FF trolls into oblivion" and that will fix all our problems, it's like they don't even know how their own site works.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2021 1:46 PM

[quote]Read with understanding.

You can barely speak English, so fuck off with this.

You Meghan Markle hater trolls have been trying for months to say there is one dedicated person who hates you guys and it's unfair. There is no one single troll who meets the criteria you've posted; as usual, you're conflating a bunch of trolls and imagining they're all one person. They're not.

The consistency with which the Meghan Markle hater trolls post misinformation about our various trolls and how the moderation on here works makes me suspect you guys are doing it on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2021 1:53 PM

R15 is not Muriel. That's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2021 1:57 PM

God, does Poo still post here? Did she change up her old MO?

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2021 1:59 PM

The MM hater trolls are lunatic frauen and most of them aren't American.

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2021 2:01 PM

She's posted a couple of Clooney things in recent memory r58 but otherwise she's just a rightwing troll with a lot of sockpuppets, who spams us with stupid threads about numerology and such.

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2021 2:04 PM

Some of you have way too much time on your hands. It a message board and it's going to attract nutcases.

The people who hate Meghan and Harry are insane and probably racist.

The people who call everybody Boris are nutjobs.

The people who block every other poster are nutjobs.

The people who can't stand even a little bit of dissent are nutjobs.

None of this stuff is that deep.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2021 2:11 PM

So everyone is a nut job R61?😀

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2021 3:47 PM

R56 My English is not very good, but a person with half a brain can read it with understanding. Besides, a person with at least some basic education and decent upbringing would never mock a foreigner's language skills. Of course it is people who doesn't speak a few words of any other language than their own, even though anyone with high scool education should have some basic knowledge of s foreign language.

Second, how many trolls have trans and Meghan obsession . It could be few people, but you have very low IQ if you believe there is a whole bunch of Markle/trans/Boris cumulative trolls.

As for Meghan, why should she be prohibited topic on DL? Why should someone who isn't thrilled by Markle family be a racist. You really show that you are a person with very low intellectual capacities.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2021 4:05 PM

R56 is one of crazy Markle- trans frau accounts pretending to be innocent bystander.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2021 4:17 PM

I do believe that crazy Trans-Meghan frau is not the only one that believes that Markle and trans mentioning should be prohibited on DL, but she is probably the one who is most ferocious about it and the one threatening people and spamming the threads with nonsensical content and starting the lynch threads about some posters.

I see there are some other posters who think that only haters and racists are mentioning the Markles. But is it true? Markles are frequently in public, giving interviews to TV, giving public statements, so naturally they attract attention. I was attacked as racist and banned for day by saying I didn't care about royal bimbo, when her name came on some other thread. This is what made me interested in this strange censorship, because my post obviously wasn't racist I would have said the same if she looked like Agnetha from Abba.

I didn't notice a racist post about them, because people are careful not to be seen as racists. The posters are posting about their personalities, and though some of posters may be racists, probably the majority is not. Obviously, racism is only in head of people who see these posts as racist. I have noticed that English royal family is popular on DL, so why would Markles be prohibited? Far worse things have been said about a real black woman Condoleeza Rice, and no one cares. Far worse have been said about Condoleeza, Pete Buttigieg, Timothee Chalamet and many others.. Who are these royal sycophants then?

I personally am not interested in royal family all that much, but am intrigued by this attempt of prohibition.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2021 4:43 PM

And I know R56 is her because normally people are not that offensive about my bad English skills, they mostly have some basic house manners and education and have communicated with strangers before. Some of them have tried to communicate in foreign language themselves and know it is not easy.

I have made comments on more serious topics on various threads and people were normally well intended, even when mentioning my mistakes. But the same offensive reaction I got only from this uneducated woman when trying to defend Surviving angel on the thread at R54. This is her political correctness. Blabbing about racism while she is as chauvinst and offensive as it comes toward a foreigner.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2021 4:51 PM

This is anti Greg thread. Definitely worse than anything about Markle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2021 4:59 PM

Dear queens, this is what your fellow Meghan loving friend thinks about you. She is R41, R54 and R66 on the related thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2021 5:07 PM

Here is a post about Trans-Meghan looney from the Surviving angel thread:

it is OP who is the troll who has been accusing everyone on DL with racism if they criticize Meghan, not SA. OP is the Klan Granny Troll. She's trying to accuse SA of doing what she herself is doing: endless sock puppet accounts, rants about the net closing in on the anti-Meghan posters on LSA, accusing SA of being a paid bot, etc.

In asking, Who is this Surviving Angel cunt? the actual mysterious cunt who appears on every Meghan thread to scream Racism Hater Klan Klan Granny and talk about being paid agents out to destroy Meghan.

As those journalists have pointed out, ugly tactics are Meghan's fans' calling card. That's the real issue about this thread, not Lady C. Someone always inserts a link to Lady C's latest in threads. I happen to think she and River are a crock and don't know nearly the shit they pretend to, but that isn't the point.

It's OP who is part of a subset of Meghan's fandom who has put up veiled threats (all hot air) that posters on LSA are being tracked in some way, their info collected on databases, reported to "authorities", that they're part of some paid ring, and that a "high profile legal case" is about to explode in the media in which they'll all be exposed and get what's coming to them . . .

OP has been doing this "someone's coming for you haters after we deal we with LSA" dance here for years. The not too veiled suggestion that DL posters who criticise Meghan might be next has, of course, not worked any better here than on LSA. Singling out SA for special treatment is just a new tactic.

I'm a long time DLer. I have no problem with a good brawl now and again, and there are posters I despise. But I've never opened a thread on any of them.

OP wants to scare SA off. That's all this is about. A fanatic trying to intimidate a heretic.

by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2021 5:12 PM

Honestly, why is no one allowed to criticize Meghan here?

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2021 5:30 PM

Our troll is a part of a dangerous gang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2021 5:36 PM

r63 r64 r65 r66 r67 r68 r69 r70 r71

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2021 6:07 PM

For those who don't have time to read the article at R71, a Meghan fan who wants to prevent " Markle hate" sent a message to the journalist who wrote about royal Harry being "self-pitying" and "insensitive". Message read:

"Hate your three kids. They should not be breathing. They must die!".

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2021 6:22 PM

r73

by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2021 6:22 PM

Sending more death threats than Cosa nostra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2021 6:34 PM

Some more threats. Is our Klan Granny troll in the gang?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2021 6:36 PM

r75 r76

by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2021 6:37 PM

Meghan or antiMeghan, who gives a shit? You're both annoying and ruin threads by taking them over and making them about British royals!

by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2021 6:41 PM

Because, R70, she is the co-Queen of Datalounge and we must show the proper deference, or else.

She shares the throne with our Good Congresswoman, who encouraged people to give money to a British "charity" that proudly transes gay children.

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2021 6:43 PM

R78 It is not about Meghan at all. It is about censorship and bullying on DL. I really don't care about royals, if I haven't being the target of bullying by simply stating that I don't care about royal bimbo on some thread about a completely different topic I wouldn't know anything about it. Then I read some more on Surviving angel bashing thread, about death threats, bullying etc. And now disgusting thread about poor harmless Greg.

I don't say Meghan is to blame for it. She is not important. It could be someone else' s fans, Armie Hammer's Charmies. But they aren't.

I just wonder how passive and without compassion for the bullied posters you DL queens could be. You are hissing at completely nice women who come to post here, but are scared of few crazy fraus that want to dictate you which topics are prohibited.

by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote] You are hissing at completely nice women who come to post here, but are scared of few crazy fraus t

Thanks for summing the problem up. Women bringing their crazy drama to a gay board about topics that have nothing to do with gay men.

by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2021 6:58 PM

Dear R48, posting successfully, that is, without getting FFd, with your new (sockpuppet) account is essential to it accruing enough karma to do other things like vote and post new threads. I've explained this in detail elsewhere so this will be briefish: The old threads were perfect to post throwaway bump comments to, since most people won't pay much attention. Sometimes there would be 3 to 5 different sockpuppets in the same old thread; and some mornings - almost always in the early morning - there would be ten or more threads bumped. I personally wrote Muriel and begged to have all threads inactive over 6 months locked.

Bump bitchery is still going on, but there's less of it. Whenever I see it, I call it out in the thread. When you see it, you should FF and block the bump bitch. Usually it's an obscure or stupid topic, and the new bump comments are nonsequiturs. Frequently the link will have few or no working links, and at times many of the comments and even the OP are already troll-red-lined.

R50 is correct in that a classic troll tactic is to start anodyne threads to gain karma traction, then veer off into the typical antisocial territory. On Reddit, the MO is to begin a new account with some emotional scenario troll story to get lots of upvotes and pity. Moreover, I'm virtually certain that PS maintains a list of old threads she started for future reference. Remember how often, despite PS's exacting English skills, that many (of her) threads had typos in the titles? I believe that was deliberate - it throws off people trying to search; and, it makes it easier for her to find those threads later if she searches on the deliberate misspelling.

The Bellagio Loon also continually trolls and anti-trolls, playing many sides of a controversy at once, talking to herself. She creates characters then attacks them and creates drama - AIKC was one of those. She loves to create unassailable characters, like disabled or victimized women, and racial minorities.

by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2021 7:02 PM

Christ I have a ton of comments missing. Seems like the Markle hating cunts are here.

R81 is right. Why are so many straight women coming to a GAY site? We've always had a few cool ones but it seems to have attracted a ton of middle-aged church lady types bringing a ton of shit gays don't care about.

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2021 7:03 PM

R83 pretending not to be a frau, how hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2021 7:10 PM

How does R83 know blocked posters are about Meghan? Is it her only theme on DL?

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2021 7:13 PM

Nice try, Muriel @ r50, but everybody knows you're the Copycat Thread Thief because you always delete catalogues documenting the posts and threads where you originally stole your thread ideas from.

Just Google the Datalounge threads "People who copy topics from existing threads and post them as "their own,"" and "Muriel is the Copycat Thread Thief." You'll have to read the Google cache versions since Muriel obliterated her dirty laundry from this website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2021 7:18 PM

r52 is just a bigoted troll who can't stand being called out for it. You really think everyone's just going to sit here and accept your right-wing propaganda, lies and bigotry all day.

Poor baby 😭😢😭😢😭

by Anonymousreply 87November 20, 2021 7:21 PM

The Broken English Troll is just another sockpuppet of Muriel and/or Boris trying to spread disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 88November 20, 2021 7:29 PM

R87 Seems like Sasha Exeter is a right winger racist to you, too.

Girl, I am well intended, go and find a man, Meghan can take care of herself, she is way younger, prettier and richer than you, she found herself a prince and has two kids. And what have you got. You are getting older and fatter, no decent job, no man, no kids. You waste your time sending threats to people who dare to criticize a royal couple. A straight woman hanging on gay site all day being royal guardian for free.

You are pathetic and I pity you. At least go and do some voluntary work in poor black neighborhood, if you care about racial issue. You might meet some guy there.

by Anonymousreply 89November 20, 2021 7:29 PM

But the drug and alcohol addict(s) who posts right-wing propaganda, Fake News, QAnon conspiracies and digs against women and minorities ON EVERY THREAD is perfectly sane and sensible, right, r61?

Everybody else is crazy.

Typing "LITERAL VIOLENCE" on every thread is the epitome of humor, everybody's laughing out loud hysterically and it never gets old.

by Anonymousreply 90November 20, 2021 7:33 PM

r63 = r52 and both are just sockpuppets of Boris the Nazi Incel, so STFU r63, you loon.

There's a vat of sulfuric acid holding a Trump rally in your honor. You mustn't be late. It's your chance to amount to something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 20, 2021 7:37 PM

My English is basic but I do speak my own language. While your native English is basic and poor, with primitive syntax and thought that shows you have very low level of education, maybe not even high school.

Can we call you Broken syntax troll.

And your mocking of a foreigner's language skills that you come from broken home, that gave you no house manners.

I can only imagine what are you saying to immigrants about their language skills. And you think you are no right winger? You are fascist bitch, but you don't know what it means.

by Anonymousreply 92November 20, 2021 7:39 PM

[quote]people are careful not to be seen as racists.

DL Fake News Tryory of the Year Award @ r65.

by Anonymousreply 93November 20, 2021 7:40 PM

R88 Bitch, will you help Trump build the wall with Mexico to prevent broken English Hispanics in your country, you stupid racist cow.

by Anonymousreply 94November 20, 2021 7:43 PM

Why does r56 post from a separate account than r52 if he claims they are one and the same?

No, you're not a troll at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2021 7:43 PM

Broken syntax bitch at R88, the picture at R95 shows what you got to do. You would feel better, and won't be obsessed with royals.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote]Dear [R48], posting successfully, that is, without getting FFd, with your new (sockpuppet) account is essential to it accruing enough karma to do other things like vote and post new threads.

I am aware, r16/r82, but that doesn't have the effect of reducing sockpuppets as you claim.

The number of replies a new account makes is essential to its karma, so you say new sockpuppets make throwaway comments to up their number of replies, and you claim old threads and paywalled threads were necessary for these throwaway comments, which is why Mediapolis shut them down.

The problem is that no one needs the old and paywalled threads to make throwaway comments. A new account can comment anywhere and increase their number of replies, thereby increasing their karma. They don't need those old or paywalled threads to do it in.

All a new account needs to do is wait the requisite few days and they'll be able to post. Once a sockpuppet can post, all they have to do is write replies on regular threads. At that point they will increase the number of their replies, plus their other sockpuppets will WW those replies, and their karma goes up.

That's it. That's all they need to do. It doesn't involve old/paywalled threads at all. Don't overthink this.

Also consider toning down the condescension a touch. We're all speculating on how Datalounge works because we are explicitly NOT told how it works. Your speculation is duly noted, but it doesn't make any sense, and sounds like you're trying to credit Mediapolis for trying to quell the tide of sockpuppets when they haven't.

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2021 7:56 PM

I'm starting to think the "Muriel is a troll posting here" troll is unbalanced.

I've never taken Tony T. or his co-worker for a troll and they don't work weekends last I heard.

by Anonymousreply 98November 20, 2021 7:56 PM

[quote]Why does [R56] post from a separate account than [R52] if he claims they are one and the same?

I'm r56 but not r52. Who claimed they were the same? I don't see that comment on here and I certainly didn't claim that.

by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2021 7:56 PM

Again, r95, please explain why you think R52 and R56 are the same person? R52 can barely speak English and I'm actually pretty offended that you think my post at r56 sounds like theirs.

by Anonymousreply 100November 20, 2021 8:00 PM

Because you type the exact, same propaganda and misinformation. Always trying to throw the scent off your right-wing fuckery and defend sock puppets preaching Republican talking points.. Constant, blind defense and coverups for Republican horseshit.

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 20, 2021 8:19 PM

R97, one or many free accounts can post only so many times to a thread until the thread gets paywalled and becomes subscriber only. This was the first attempt at limiting trolling but it didn't do much because the trolls simply created more threads.

When you have a jillion sockpuppet accounts which all need 10 or 20 successful posts to launch Klan Granny and bi hate and Democrat concern trolling threads, you need a lot of old threads to keep the momentum going. The thread bumping got out of control and people began to complain about it frequently.

No condescension is implied. Why are you so concerned with making me wrong, R97? Are those Bellagio toiletries stuffed in your pockets? Really, you need to update that poodle perm - even Janet Jackson stopped Jheri-curling her hair by the late 1990s. And you need to get some new shoes, or get those cleaned and dyed, perhaps a brown shade for the autumn.

by Anonymousreply 102November 20, 2021 8:25 PM

No one said R52 and R56 were the same, r101.

If I was being generous, I'd say you got confused and now you're just making shit up and tripling down out of embarrassment.

However, I know that confusion, misinformation and deflection are all common troll tactics, and that you're always in these threads screaming that Muriel is every troll on DL, is a rabid rightwinger posting propaganda 24/7, and also stealing your posts and out to get you. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what's really going on here.

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2021 8:27 PM

Why don't you explain how r4 knows that "Muriel is aware of it, and working on the problem," r98, if Muriel is NOT a troll posting here?

And if r4, who still hasn't explained herself, is the troll to which you are referring, why didn't you call out r4?

OH, THAT'S RIGHT. YOU'RE MURIEL AND YOU'RE A TROLL POSTING DISINFORMATION HERE WITH SOCKPUPPETS.

Or I could be wrong, and smelling some other dickless, plagiarist sociopath who runs a shady, toxic waste dump of a website with shit functionality and decoy functionality just so the Borderline PD shit-posting webmaster can have someone to talk to, being completely revolting, anti-social, obviously nuts and ugly IRL.

by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2021 8:29 PM

YOU DON'T NEED OLD THREADS FOR SUCCESSFUL POSTS, troll @ r102.

This was already debunked and you outed yourself as a disinformation troll.

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote]When you have a jillion sockpuppet accounts which all need 10 or 20 successful posts to launch Klan Granny and bi hate and Democrat concern trolling threads, you need a lot of old threads to keep the momentum going.

No, you don't. You can make those "successful posts," i.e. replies, in any thread, you don't need old threads to do it in.

It's bizarre that you're going to genuinely accuse me of being Davida just because I pointed that out.

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2021 8:36 PM

R100 His English is still better than your yours. He was right about your broken syntax. You type low education.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2021 8:36 PM

Nobody debunked anything, R105. Go scrub some toilets, loon. Your all-caps screaming gives you away.

I already explained why, R106 (also probably R105). Too many unpaid posts in a thread paywalls the thread to more unpaid posts, thus limiting the reach of unpaid account trolls. That's why they need to keep creating new threads. Other obvious reasons they need to keep creating new accounts and threads are because they get FFd, or they go too far with their trolling and delete the account before it gets banned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2021 8:48 PM

As a Latino I can assure you that you are both equally right wing fascists. Mocking the language skills of a non native speaker makes you such big Americans. Btw. how is your Spanish, hijas de puta?

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2021 8:51 PM

At R100 's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 20, 2021 9:23 PM

R100 Relax

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 20, 2021 9:39 PM

R28 Are you that cynical or just fucking silly?

Twitter is full of russian (and american) BOTS paid by republicans to post right-wing content in english exclusively on the internet. Their accounts are finished with numbers like this:

@boristhepig888865234 The ones from before 2019 are usually Inactive and abandoned, IT IS VERY POSSIBLE that some of those bot trolls found their way into Datalounge to try to lure gay votes to the Republican party.

I don't have a problem believing that because you TROLLS are very REPETITIVE , copying and pasting the same stuff day and night on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 112November 23, 2021 7:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!