Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race: General/Off Season Discussion

A litter box for our between season posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445July 22, 2021 3:59 PM

Bianca del Rio should have been in the bottom for the interview challenge in which she fully failed to talk at all to Georgia Holt.

by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2021 1:08 AM

I agree r2, and I would have thought she'd be a natural. That's one of the few times I've seen Bianca's nerves get the best of her.

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2021 1:11 AM

Obviously *I* am NOT a natural, as of course I meant I agree R1

Slinking off in shame now....

by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2021 1:12 AM

For those who have never seen Bimini in full boy/Jesus drag, enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2021 1:38 AM

Bringing my post over from the dregs of the Season 13 thread now that we have a home for non season specific chat.

I guess there was a falling out between Trixie and Kennedy Davenport.

Kennedy gives her side of the story.

I didn't know anything about this.

I have since watched the whole video and I'm more intrigued than ever. I hope other folks bring their posts over here, or dear reader, you can go back over there to read them. Some good insight.

I believe Kennedy, and this is bringing up some stuff about Trixie that has kind of bugged me from time to time over the years. I watched Moving Parts (it was "eh') and I don't think drugs was the only reason Trixie and Katya had issues around that time and around Trixie's run on All Stars. I think that now they are deep in their friendship, they will likely never let the whole story come out. But if in wine, truth, (whatever the meth equivalent of that may be) and apparently some of the things that Katya had to say apparently hit pretty close to home to Trixie. I think Trixie may have gotten a bit high handed/big headed with Katya, and Katya wasn't having it.

Trixie can play fake nice for the 14 year olds, but, damn she can be pretty cunty to her friends and what family she's got left. Katya has made it clear over the years that she doesn't play the fake nice game and has zero patience for it.

I'm wondering if something similar went down between them that came out of left field to Katya as it did to Kennedy.I think Katya's relapse was triggered by Trixie treating what Katya thought of as a friendship as more of a business relationship--it was becoming The Trixie Show. I think they really are tremendously close these days, but I always catch myself giving Trixie a bit of side eye every so often, and this clip from Kennedy confirms some of my suspicions about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2021 4:15 AM

Likely cast of the upcoming [italic]All Stars International:[/italic]

[bold]Baga Chipz,[/bold] [italic]Drag Race UK S1[/italic]

[bold]Blu Hydrangea,[/bold] [italic]Drag Race UK S1[/italic]

[bold]Cheryl Hole,[/bold] [italic]Drag Race UK S1[/italic]

[bold]Janey Jacké,[/bold] [italic]Drag Race Holland S1[/italic]

[bold]Jimbo,[/bold] [italic]Canada's Drag Race S1[/italic]

[bold]Jujubee,[/bold] [italic]RPDR S2, All Stars 1, All Stars 5[/italic]

[bold]Lemon,[/bold] [italic]Canada's Drag Race S1[/italic]

[bold]Monique Heart,[/bold] [italic]RPDR S10, All Stars 4[/italic]

[bold]Pangina Heals,[/bold] co-host/judge, [italic]Drag Race Thailand[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2021 7:20 PM

Jujubee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7April 30, 2021 7:23 PM

Pangina Heals is sickening and a hot guy out of drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 30, 2021 7:28 PM

Manila Luzon and Envy Peru, the winner of [italic]Drag Race Holland,[/italic] were rumored early on but were debunked/ruled out in the thread above.

by Anonymousreply 9April 30, 2021 7:35 PM

Miss Janey Jacké

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 30, 2021 7:37 PM

[Quote] Manila Luzon and Envy Peru, the winner of Drag Race Holland, were rumored early on but were debunked/ruled out in the thread above.

Thank god! Manila is an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 11April 30, 2021 8:18 PM

I have a feeling that Drag Race Spain will be pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 30, 2021 8:28 PM

Paca La Piraña from [italic]Veneno[/italic] is going to be either a guest judge or a regular judge on [italic]Drag Race España,[/italic] and she's doing a series of promos for the streaming service carrying the show in Spain. I can't understand a word, but she's hilarious anyway. (They have to put Spanish subtitles on because she speaks a Spanish dialect different from the one in Madrid.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 30, 2021 8:40 PM

r11 Please spill the dirt! I've heard this before, but would love some specifics.

by Anonymousreply 14April 30, 2021 10:08 PM

r14 We met Manilla in Disneyland. We were riding the train to Haunted Mansion and she was on it with her now husband. As we got off the train he was next to me and I said "Is your name Karl with a K?" and he smiled and said Yes. I said "I thought you should have won," and he laughed and said I was very kind. He offered to take picture with us an even laughed while I could not get my camera to work on my phone. We ended up in line right behind him which probably weirded him out but I ended up talking to her husband, he was really nice too. He could have been a dick and got out of line to get away from us but he was really nice, even texted my friend for me who is a RPDR nut.

by Anonymousreply 15April 30, 2021 11:15 PM

Manila can be really nice or really unpleasant depending on her mood. (Source: fan encounters on Reddit)

by Anonymousreply 16April 30, 2021 11:19 PM

So Manila is just basically human: good days, bad days, etc.

by Anonymousreply 17April 30, 2021 11:20 PM

That casting is rather unfair to Holland and Thailand- they only have one entrant each.

by Anonymousreply 18April 30, 2021 11:32 PM

R18 And to rub salt in the would, they don’t even have a contestant from Drag Race Thailand competing — they have a judge!!

Of course there’s a language barrier, but it seems a bit unfair to have a judge compete with contestants. They could have gotten Vanda Miss Joaquim, she was pretty good and knows English!

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2021 1:12 AM

r19, I would have loved Vanda- she has a beautiful face, is pretty funny, and a good sense of style. Plus it seems her eye problem has resolved itself.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2021 1:19 AM

Although I think they should have waited one more year for this, to add the Oz and Espana contestants. Then it would be a proper international event.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2021 1:20 AM

R21 Oh, don't worry, there will be another International Edition quick smart.

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2021 1:25 AM

R21 I agree, I think it would have been wise to wait a year, too. They could also pull contestants from DRUK Season 2. A big cast with a varied group would be a fun competition to watch.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2021 1:38 AM

I watched the entire season up until the finale. I didn’t bother watching because I just didn’t care who won.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2021 1:42 AM

It seems like every other queen has a podcast out now.

I've started to listen to Sibling Rivalry, Bob the Drag Queen's and Monet X Change's podcast now and then, and it's much funnier than I expected. If you dislike either of them, I can't imagine that you'd like their podcast, but man... the way Bob comes after Monet sometimes really makes me laugh. I've also enjoyed a few episodes of Lady Bunny's and Monet's podcast, too.

I tried to give Bianca's podcast a few listens. I respect Bianca as a queen and what she's achieved, but I just find her insult comic drag persona a bit grating sometimes.

Jinkx also has a new podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2021 1:55 AM

I'm not paying for any podcast to hear old/young queens blab and complain. I can hear that here!

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2021 2:32 AM

R26 Podcasts are free...

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2021 2:41 AM

all stars international - 3 from UK 2 from other countries and 1 from Thailand and the Netherlands. I am guessing Jujubee wins - I mean is her 4th attempt.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2021 2:44 AM

^ Hope she does, love her.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2021 2:44 AM

Those white boy world of wonder queens must be getting rich with all these franchises. But they sure ain’t paying the talent and below-the-line folk.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2021 2:49 AM

not all of them, r27.

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2021 2:54 AM

R31 Well those ones are, they're on Spotify.

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2021 2:56 AM

[quote]Manila can be really nice or really unpleasant depending on her mood.

So, under the influence of something, and not.

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2021 2:59 AM

I keep hearing Manila is a cunt, but I never hear specifics. So for now I am going with the "human being, good moods, sometimes bad moods like all of us" explanation.

Damn it Raven, take whatever fucking pull you have and make it happen for your/my/our Jujubee!

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2021 3:43 AM

I wonder if the All Stars International is in the US- I remember that Jujubee hates flying.

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2021 10:23 AM

R35 According to what I've read about International All Stars, it was filmed in Manchester.

by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2021 4:18 PM

Tamisha Iman has a rivalry with Money now. I’m surprised that Tamisha has such thin skin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2021 5:55 PM

Monet****

by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2021 5:56 PM

Bob and Monét think this is funny, but Tamisha says she will be delivering some blistering reads on her show on Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2021 11:10 PM

Direct link to Tamisha's IG Live

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2021 11:11 PM

Bob is probably the ugliest man I've ever seen out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2021 11:51 PM

“I have sat back and let a lady read me whose best look on Drag Race was made with sponges.”

by Anonymousreply 42May 2, 2021 12:00 AM

Is there going to be a new season of All Stars?

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2021 12:02 AM

AS6 is moving to Paramount Plus. Likely cast per r/SpoiledDragRace:

[bold]A'keria C. Davenport,[/bold] S11

[bold]Ginger Minj,[/bold] S7, AS2

[bold]Jan,[/bold] S12

[bold]Jiggly Caliente,[/bold] S4

[bold]Pandora Boxx,[/bold] S2, AS1

[bold]Ra'Jah O'Hara,[/bold] S11

[bold]Scarlet Envy,[/bold] S11

[bold]Serena ChaCha,[/bold] S5

[bold]Sonique,[/bold] S2

[bold]Trinity K. Bonét,[/bold] S6

[bold]Yara Sofia,[/bold] S3

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2021 12:10 AM

[quote]I would have loved Vanda—she has a beautiful face, is pretty funny, and a good sense of style. Plus it seems her eye problem has resolved itself.

Vanda Miss Joaquim is STUNNING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2021 12:19 AM

r44 Eureka is on AS6 as well

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2021 12:56 AM

R46 Oh god, not THAT loud bitch again.

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2021 12:56 AM

R44 I kinda want to really fuck Trinity, she is so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2021 12:58 AM

Gigi interviews Symone. They really do seem like sisters. I love it.

Vogue, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2021 1:18 AM

r47 Rumor has it one of the lip sync assassins brought back is The Vixen - she either goes against Eureka or wins and picks her to go home - just a rumor not a spoiler.

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2021 2:11 AM

Manila once punched me in the face... it was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2021 2:21 AM

R50 Would they really want The Vixen back?

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2021 2:23 AM

R52, yea they want her back. Not cause they like her but to use her for free woke points. But there’s no way they’d have her in a story w Eureka, much less having the power to send her home.

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2021 11:10 AM

[quote]RuPaul's Drag Race: General/Off Season Discussion

Jesus fucking christ. This is 2021.

There is no such thing as "off season" for this tired, old show at this point.

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2021 11:23 AM

Now The Vixen is going after Bob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2021 4:27 PM

Vanda Miss Joaquim guest-starred on Yuhua Hamasaki's [italic]Bootleg Opinions.[/italic] Her English is good—she's Singaporean, and English is an official language there along with Chinese, Malay, and Tamil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2021 7:43 PM

[quote]I have a feeling that Drag Race Spain will be pretty good.

The names alone are delightful:

Arantxa La Mancha

Carmen Farala [Farala = a cheap drugstore perfume in Spain)

Dovima Nurmi

Drag Vulcano

Hugáceo Cruijente (play on "Crustáceo Cruijente," or "Krusty Krab" in Spanish; Hugo is her boy name)

Inti

Killer Queen

The Macarena

Pupi Poisson

Sagitarria

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 2, 2021 9:36 PM

[ ... ]

The Macarena

Pupi Poisson

Sagitarria

Hilaria Baldwin

by Anonymousreply 58May 2, 2021 9:42 PM

Proof that Kandy Muse is actually a young white jersey girl - check out this clip at the start. It is Kandy's doppleganger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2021 2:10 PM

I love Tamisha Iman but she is losing it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 6, 2021 1:10 AM

R30 is not one of our more talented cunts.

Same old song.

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2021 2:03 AM

Have any of you bitches subscribed to the Tamisha Iman Network yet?

I think Tamisha is about to be the next queen to have a mental breakdown (see Tyra Sanchez, Robbie Turner, etc.). This whole drama with her vs WOW, her vs. Monet, has just become strange. It's not fun shady drama anymore. It's just... weird.

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2021 8:16 PM

r62 Is that the name of her YouTube channel?

Can you give us some highlights (or lowlights as may be the case)?

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2021 10:20 PM

R62, can you summarize for the rest? What’s going on with Tamisha? Isn’t the vixen against Monet too these days? Kennedy also recently revealed Trixie is pretty manipulative too.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2021 10:49 PM

This behind the scenes shit has gotten to be too much. I love watching the shows, and seeing the (mostly) fun challenges, the runways, and the lip syncs, but I am over all this social media back and forth fighting between the queens. I didn’t even watch any of Untucked this past season. And the teen girl and YASSSS queen fandom is souring me on the whole thing as well. It ain’t that serious, girls!!!

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2021 11:21 PM

Monét is a cunt. She was scheduled for the touring haters roast and got a call from Madonna to be in a video. Instead of staying the night and completing her obligation that people PAID to see her in, she just left between rehearsal and the actual show in Denver.

She’s a shady bitch.

And can you even name the video or would you recognize her in it?

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2021 11:24 PM

Tamisha sent an 'open invitation' for Kandy to join her IG live last night or the night before. Really cringey and disappointing. It's over girl, move on.

by Anonymousreply 67May 6, 2021 11:54 PM

At least Monet and Kandy (I don't care for either's persona.) haven't called Tamisha "The Bag Lady."

Because they're not that low.

by Anonymousreply 68May 7, 2021 12:02 AM

I'm non-binary!

by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2021 12:05 AM

[quote][R62] Is that the name of her YouTube channel?

No, it's a subscription service. Miss Gyrl is charging $25 a month!

by Anonymousreply 70May 7, 2021 12:39 AM

Seriously R70? Good fucking luck with that!

by Anonymousreply 71May 7, 2021 12:45 AM

I really liked Tamisha on the show, but this is all getting rather creepy and sad.

by Anonymousreply 72May 7, 2021 9:56 AM

Only if you actually follow it r72.

by Anonymousreply 73May 7, 2021 10:34 AM

I really want to see Heidi N Closet come back for All-Stars and win! She’s my favorite queen of the last 5 years (in the US). Up there with Bimini and Jimbo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 7, 2021 10:37 AM

r44 what is below Z-list? For hurricanes, they switch to Greek letters after exhausting the alphabet.

by Anonymousreply 75May 7, 2021 11:03 AM

Vanj is posting on her IG stories the "drag n drive" shit show. Why the fuck would anyone want to see this shit? It's a tiny stage NOT elevated on and huge football fiend with huge fucking cars and trucks parked in front of the stage. Then the assholes in those cars are sitting on top of the cars blocking even more of the views from the 2nd row on back. This is hundreds of dollars being spent on tickets. What a fucking scam! The reviews are scandals !

Photo from the Phoenix show in March. Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 8, 2021 6:17 AM

So there isn’t one all star in the all stars 6 cast?

by Anonymousreply 77May 8, 2021 7:03 AM

r77 Ginger 3 times minge

by Anonymousreply 78May 8, 2021 1:30 PM

If you haven’t seen DR Thailand, it’s really good. The second season is on WOW presents plus. And yes, Vanda is amazing, and one of the best lip sync-ers to ever come out of the franchise.

I hope the rumors that they aren’t getting renewed for a third season are not true. Maybe Pangina going on IAS will generate some interest. I heard she has auditioned for past DRUS seasons too.

I will feel so embarrassed for Jujubee if she doesn’t win AGAIN. She was just in AS5. Team Juju!

by Anonymousreply 79May 8, 2021 2:04 PM

R64, this Kennedy vs. Trixie drama is so stupid. Kennedy had a rotten attitude and rude and unpleasant from the moment she arrived on season seven until the moment she left on All Stars. Trixie previously revealed that Kennedy had said fucked up shit to her.

Of course, Trixie is in heat because she’s successful and the fans are automatically taking Kennedy’s side because she’s black and making herself out to be a victim. So tired of hearing about this utterly uninteresting queen. What exactly does she do? High kicks? So has almost every queen who has appeared since then.

Busted looks and an ugly fetal alcohol syndrome face.

by Anonymousreply 80May 9, 2021 9:29 AM

r79, from what I understand, the producer of DR Thailand was more interested in continuing his model series (The Face) for men and women, rather than continuing DR. Which is odd, because he's sort of draggy himself:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 9, 2021 10:21 AM

[quote]Trixie is in heat

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 82May 9, 2021 10:26 AM

R80 is Trixie’s mom....your daughter is an asshole, and is a major factor in why the show now caters to tweenage girls

by Anonymousreply 83May 9, 2021 1:53 PM

This is why I like Katya so much more than Trixie, though the two of them together are a good blend. Katya does not pander, and Trixie does. We have Trixie to blame for a huge influx of these 14 year olds that I would like to see shot into space.

When you pander you pay the price. I don't know many queens who don't have a lot of respect for Katya, but for all of her business acumen and success, give Trixie the side-eye. I do agree that so much of these arguments/infighting are ridiculous though. Keep them private. I watched an IG live with Bianca and Adore last night where among many things (they have so much fun together) they addressed the latest Tamisha drama, and Bianca had some choice words for both of them about shutting the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2021 2:52 PM

I love hearing about Bianca telling people to shut up. Now much self-awareness with that one.

by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]Now much self-awareness with that one.

Not just now, but always.

by Anonymousreply 86May 9, 2021 3:45 PM

R84, I like Katya but I also find her exhausting. She does too much shit to just be weird. I find it very interesting that Trixie considers herself a musician and Katya believes she’s this great abstract performance artist. The truth is that the two of them are natural comedians and not very good at their chosen vocations. I always thought that was an interesting contradiction.

I watched Katya’s performance art stand-up show and it was unbelievably bad. Lots of weirdness that meant nothing and dragged on forever.

by Anonymousreply 87May 9, 2021 8:15 PM

Kandy in performance at Pieces

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2021 4:29 AM

Now THAT is polished! r88

As in furniture polish sprayed into my eyes

by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2021 5:07 AM

Bianca del Rio is only doing one night in PTOWN. Lazy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2021 6:19 AM

Amazing performance at r88. Wow she was really into it! For sure a runner up.

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2021 6:20 AM

She doesn't know all the words at r88.

by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2021 6:21 AM

R53 I doubt Vixen would be asked back. WOW does not like girls who do not play nice with WOW. And, not to mention that Ru holds a grudge as well. You may be able to come for WOW, but if you come for Ru, no more drag race for you. It is why Willam, Pearl and now maybe Tamisha will never be on All Stars.

I am still holding out for Nina Bonina Brown. She said she turned down an invite for season 5 because she knew it was Shae’s season. She has said a few things about WOW but nothing about Ru so I am hoping she still have a chance to be on AS.

by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2021 10:49 AM

R93, I think Nina is out at least for now. I think she got cancelled recently lol but she didn’t play into it at time so maybe it went away.

by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2021 10:15 PM

///////////

by Anonymousreply 95May 15, 2021 6:36 PM

Nina Bo'Nina Brown got cancelled for calling Gottmik a woman and referring to GM using female pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 96May 15, 2021 6:48 PM

Nina is one of us.

by Anonymousreply 97May 15, 2021 6:54 PM

Nina is actually insane. Not internet insane or DL INSANE, but clinically insane. The most unattractive personality to ever appear on Drag Race. Completely disordered personality.

by Anonymousreply 98May 15, 2021 7:01 PM

^ Somebody is forgetting The Vixen.

by Anonymousreply 99May 15, 2021 7:06 PM

Has GM gotten her tits stuffed back in? I hear she's already off to other adventures. AKA nowhere she's been invited to, but still wants to participate because, she's a white woman, so why shouldn't she? Duh, gorge! (Barf) I hear she is still fuming that her rich adopted parents filled with guilt because....well..."she's always been a bit of a handful but we tried our best *hand wringing*" couldn't buy her a win.

by Anonymousreply 100May 15, 2021 11:27 PM

r87 As much as I like Katya, I do agree about her likely being exhausting. That she is, self admittedly, is a mess wins a lot with me though. That she tries new things is fantastic. Also, name one of best bitches in this game who isn't exhausting? Even my beloved Coco...I could see her as being exhausting, but she is fucking perfection in my eyes, so I DO NOT SEE THAT.

The videos she did during CuntRona were literally everything, and helped keep my fucking sanity. So gentle and loving and "let us talk about other things, but I know you are still scared, and that is OK"

Coco is true perfection, and she knew how to take care of her Coco Puffs. She never let us down. Ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 16, 2021 12:23 AM

R101, I thought you were taking about Coco Monstrese!!!

I was about to call the insane asylum on your ass! 😂

by Anonymousreply 102May 16, 2021 12:56 PM

R102 Thankfully you realized your misstep. I was about to cut a switch!

*fans self* and NOT in that tired fan shit way!

by Anonymousreply 103May 16, 2021 5:44 PM

Trixie out of drag is so awkward looking

by Anonymousreply 104May 18, 2021 4:41 AM

Trixie looks exactly like Uncle Fester. He really lucked out parlaying his disorders and bad singing and terrible makeup into something that seems aspirational to his fans?!? He's made a few million dollars being a mean Mary Kay to non binary teens? Huh. Trixie Martell is deserving of a in depth profiling by an objective and curious source. He's good for his business, but bad for Drag Queens. IMO. Please don't quote his earnings either LOON. We know that he's made money. But he's mean and not embracing of anyone really. So it's a very cold and homely success. Trixie did well at NOTHING on Drag Race. Remember that.

by Anonymousreply 105May 18, 2021 4:50 AM

R105, he did nothing worthy of winning and only got that because of his teenage fan base.

I don’t buy his “woke” act either.

They never revealed why he and Katya had a falling out way back right?

by Anonymousreply 106May 18, 2021 12:31 PM

R96 Actually, that is NOT what happened. Nina said that Gotmik had a nice little figure “and we all know why”. Pretty benign, but you know how rabid the fan base.

by Anonymousreply 107May 18, 2021 1:31 PM

r105 you are a hater. Trixie has devoted her channel into promoting black owned make up businesses, queer businesses. Trixie is the perfect example of doing MEH on RPDR and breaking out afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 108May 18, 2021 1:44 PM

Ru and Michelle appear with Symone and the lovely Gottmik at the MTV awards. Symone has on her downtown awards show Mary J realness and Gottmik looks like always. Stunning and expensive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 18, 2021 6:20 PM

I thought Symone was Janelle Monae at r109

by Anonymousreply 110May 18, 2021 6:49 PM

6 bottles of rose + a zoom tasting with Jackie Cox. $39.99. What's the catch? You could be on this wine club's mailing list forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 20, 2021 7:28 PM

R111 Is that the best queen they could get? Jackie Cox? I would need half the bottles just to get through it.

by Anonymousreply 112May 21, 2021 10:32 AM

[italic]Drag Race España:[/italic] Meet the Queens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 24, 2021 12:09 AM

Preview footage featuring a DL FAVE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 24, 2021 3:09 PM

Will Jackie Cox cry at least once during the tasting session?

On another note, Peppermint recently confirmed that she was the one who was supposed to be eliminated just before the finale in Season 9, but they filmed alternate endings including one where no one got eliminated and all four move onto the finale, and that's the one the producers ended up choosing. That's not a surprise to me as she did have the weakest record of the top 4, with only one challenge win and falling into the bottom two twice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 24, 2021 3:31 PM

¡Pupi Poisson!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 24, 2021 5:26 PM

R115 He is fat and useless, and does not attract an audience.

by Anonymousreply 117May 24, 2021 7:44 PM

Recent interview with my...sorry... our Bimini

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 25, 2021 8:24 AM

Katya's "Help Me I'm Dying"

Try not to spread this around as I found it through a friend.

She is quite funny, handles hecklers well, and looks hot. There is a big segment of her character "Trish" I especially love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 25, 2021 3:41 PM

Why was Mik the one chosen to appear with Symone? Wasn't she like the 2nd Runner Up? Shouldn't Symone have appeared solo?

by Anonymousreply 120May 25, 2021 3:47 PM

r120 What are you referring to? I am so bored by GM I don't follow anything having to do with her/him/them/whocares

by Anonymousreply 121May 25, 2021 3:57 PM

120 I am glad she appeared with Symone if only because it must eat up Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 122May 25, 2021 5:46 PM

R122 better to eat up Kandy before she eats you up

by Anonymousreply 123May 26, 2021 11:39 AM

That's Kandy "Top Two" Muse, BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 124May 26, 2021 1:29 PM

All Stars 6 is coming...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 26, 2021 3:19 PM

R125 Jan?! Silky Nutmeg Ganache?! Rajah O’hara (who)?! At least we finally get to see more of Yara Sofia. Three concurrent seasons on at the same time (this, downunder and España). I guess this means All Stars International will start a few weeks later. They are going to ride this horse till it collapses it seems.

by Anonymousreply 126May 26, 2021 5:47 PM

The only way I’ll watch is if the first elimination challenge is a competition to see who can slap Serena Cha Cha the hardest across the face.

by Anonymousreply 127May 26, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote]They are going to ride this horse till it collapses it seems.

Happened years ago.

by Anonymousreply 128May 26, 2021 6:23 PM

Lol. RuPaul said this show would sell out when it went mainstream yet every season the posters here act like it’s a shocking concept!

by Anonymousreply 129May 26, 2021 6:58 PM

I give it about 30 seconds before Silky and Eureka get into it.

by Anonymousreply 130May 26, 2021 6:59 PM

Do you think WOW gets a cut from Trixie cosmetics?

by Anonymousreply 131May 26, 2021 7:13 PM

Interesting question, r131. Generally contracts like that are for 3 years (Face Off comes to mind), but it appears that she launched her line a year after winning AS. So it's very likely.

by Anonymousreply 132May 26, 2021 7:18 PM

HI SILKY

by Anonymousreply 133May 26, 2021 7:30 PM

Oh wow, AS season 6 has a pretty strong cast. And Serena Chacha.

by Anonymousreply 134May 26, 2021 7:45 PM

Does Silky give them all the Covid?

by Anonymousreply 135May 26, 2021 8:10 PM

I'm happy to see Yara back. Pandora's entrance look is really stunning on her. Looks like everyone spent a lot of money on their wardrobe, fillers and teeth this time.

I guess since the various other shows that Ru has tried spinning off failed, this is the only one that has a lasting audience, so he's milking that cow until the udders implode.

by Anonymousreply 136May 26, 2021 11:27 PM

I guess Ginger or Eureka are going to win, aren't they? Time for a "big girl" winner, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 137May 26, 2021 11:33 PM

I can’t see Eureka being crowned. She’s a bit too controversial I think. Ginger might take it though.

by Anonymousreply 138May 27, 2021 2:52 AM

All I know is that Silky and Eureka better be in the final 3. This should be a fun season.

by Anonymousreply 139May 27, 2021 2:54 AM

Two threads come up for All Stars 6 when I search, but clicking them takes me to the bottom of a comment box with nothing else showing. Anyone else had this issue?

by Anonymousreply 140May 27, 2021 2:57 AM

R140 You have blocked the OP?

by Anonymousreply 141May 27, 2021 3:58 AM

I love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 27, 2021 5:55 AM

R137 They have 4 big girls this season so it looks like they are gunning for a big girl. Ginger is the most talented and she says she now has a sense of style, so if that is the case, the crown is hers to lose. I remember being stunned when she didn’t win her season.

You think the show would work harder to get another hispanic winner or an East Asian winner but I guess they are not the right kind of diversity.

by Anonymousreply 143May 27, 2021 7:44 AM

The OP of this thread is an international poison - without ever leaving his basement. He's a transphobic virulent racist who hates everyone overweight. Just ban the old white bitch man. Let's get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 144May 27, 2021 11:39 PM

Crunch Crunch Munch Munch Sliky Nutmeg Ganache is here to tell you Eureka and I are friends so you got that wrong bitch,

by Anonymousreply 145May 27, 2021 11:59 PM

Silky, hove you given Vanjie a blowjob? Maybe a hand job?

by Anonymousreply 146May 28, 2021 12:01 AM

^^^ Have you

by Anonymousreply 147May 28, 2021 12:04 AM

r147 No bitch. She has a type. Fat ain't it. We are friends.

by Anonymousreply 148May 28, 2021 12:09 AM

Silky, do the other Queens know about the Datalounge? Do they also read here? Btw, I love you're here. It's great!

by Anonymousreply 149May 28, 2021 12:24 AM

Someone needs to spill some tea on production and queens if they are who they are.

Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 150May 28, 2021 12:30 AM

I'm not excited to see Jan again. I've had enough of these queens weaponizing their BFAs. They are so boring! You can sing? Just like thousands of rejects from The Voice, American Idol, etc. So what?

Jiggly looks good, I hope she does well. I also hope Pandora can redeem herself, she TRULY got the short end of the stick on All Stars 1 with Mimi Imfurst. I'm excited to see what Yara brings, too.

Here's Nina Bo'Nina Brown's review of the AS6 queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 28, 2021 12:33 AM

Nina Bonina Brown is nuts. Then, now and forever. What a waste of review time. And time.

Pandora is not funny, a hundred years old and not liked at all by any of the other queens. None of them. He's a pissy sad ANCIENT queen who wears Hello Dolly costumes.

Jiggly is fun, skinny and NOW a girl. But talentless. Transphobes Unite! Juliette Lewis's imitation of Jiggly will always be better than anything Jiggly can do. And Willams fake admiration of Jiggly was always just like that. Fake.

Yara was amazing in her looks and always fun to watch - the most amazing creature and cute guy. Yara had the most subtle and best use of silicone the show has ever displayed. Just a little bit in those thighs and ASS and LIPS. Just a bit. Boy in a bikini. Nobody did it better than Yara.

I fucked Yara Sofia in his ASS off the coast of the North Atlantic for one whole summer in his ASS.

by Anonymousreply 152May 28, 2021 12:48 AM

Nina BB is so bitter and cunty? What happened?

by Anonymousreply 153May 28, 2021 12:53 AM

It's not ALWAYS bad to give a side eye to certain trans overactivists, but as an eldergay fatty of color, I don't mind finding a cliff for the cunt to be pushed off of.

Hoping Ginger gets this. Eureka is good too, but she always seems to end up a bit off the mark. That said, she has Coco Peru's seal of approval, and to me that's fucking everything.

by Anonymousreply 154May 28, 2021 2:29 AM

I know certain cunts here hate Ginger but she is pure talent. We all know she really won her season.

by Anonymousreply 155May 28, 2021 2:36 AM

R153 Two words: Blac Chyna.

by Anonymousreply 156May 28, 2021 3:09 AM

Where is the show? Did it start already?

by Anonymousreply 157May 28, 2021 3:17 AM

I love Ginger R155. That's a full service Drag Queen. The powers that be took away the crown from her in Season 7. Because that was the season that things turned on DR. I liked Violet to be honest. But that was Ginger's crown to lose. And Kennedy deserved the other final 3 spot over......Pearl?

Ginger performed in Season 7. We saw it. She was great in most everything but high fashion challenges. But that TOAD can look really middle aged like a pretty WOMAN! And can sing and act and host and tell jokes and do it all. People will say it's time for a big girl to win. Ginger deserved to win her own season, and so did Eureka. Maybe. Aquaria was pretty great, but Eureka won lots of mini and main challenges and definitely the finale lip syncs. One of them is going to take it, because.....it's time for a "big" girl to win. Ginger or Eureka. Bring it on. They are both great talents. Far more talented than Trixie or BoB or Violet or Yvie. Give one of them the damn crown.

by Anonymousreply 158May 28, 2021 3:49 AM

This is a good season. I enjoy all the those queens.

by Anonymousreply 159May 28, 2021 3:59 AM

Akeria C Davenport , from the LEGENDARY House of Davenport is the one to watch

by Anonymousreply 160May 28, 2021 5:55 AM

I like Nina. She is cool, and looks for days. Far superior to the fat slags on the new AS.

by Anonymousreply 161May 28, 2021 7:24 AM

[quote]Where is the show? Did it start already?

June 24 on Paramount Plus

by Anonymousreply 162May 28, 2021 7:59 AM

Paramount plus?! Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 163May 28, 2021 8:20 AM

I an disappointed it is on a new streaming service and not still on Netflix. However, I am also convinced that in order to do so, Paramount must have really increased the budget so I am optimistic for a great season and hopefully another reunion ala AS2.

by Anonymousreply 164May 28, 2021 8:57 AM

r164, I worked on Lip Sync Battle pre and post Paramount, and the budget did not increase. As a matter of fact, they did not renew the series. We also got a crappy t-shirt as a wrap gift with the giant Paramount + logo on the front (like 1.5 feet). Previous Paramount, we got an amazing bomber jacket, hoodie, and robe.

by Anonymousreply 165May 28, 2021 9:02 AM

I'd like to see Pandora again, but if it's not on the WOW app, I'm not watching. The last regular US season was blah, the Down Under season is hard to watch, I'm in Drag Race overkillville, and making me pay for a whole streaming network on top of all the ones I pay for is one step too far. Drag Race has gone from fun, strange entertainment to an assembly line production that hops networks and seems to be used as bait to move eyes from one network to others. They tried this premium thing with the last All Stars on Showtime and got a backlash and bailed out and now they're doing it again? Bah. I might have done it had the franchise not oversaturated itself, but as of now, there may as well be a whole RPDR cable network that airs nothing but Drag Race. It's crazy how many seasons there are and how they never stop coming. And how the whole series (except UK thanks to its small budget) has eliminated a lot of the creativity in favor of endless memorized-choreography pageant dances.

by Anonymousreply 166May 28, 2021 10:22 AM

R166 I’m with you, fuck RuPaul I’m not signing up fo Paramount plus!

by Anonymousreply 167May 28, 2021 11:02 AM

Somehow I doubt RuPaul's involvement with the franchise extends beyond showing up and smirking at the frequent direct deposits.

by Anonymousreply 168May 28, 2021 11:14 AM

When S12 aired I literally didnt knew Jan existed until her elimination, I dont understand the hype at all shes textbook basic.

by Anonymousreply 169May 28, 2021 11:19 AM

Akeria is LEGENDARY in her own mind. Have no idea how Ra'jah got on there. She's just a bitch, and a boring one at that.

by Anonymousreply 170May 28, 2021 1:32 PM

Akeria is certainly more entering than Jan of all people

by Anonymousreply 171May 28, 2021 1:36 PM

R165 Well, it is going to have Untucked, which I think makes it the first all stars since S1 to have.

Luckily I live in the UK, and here, Netflix will show it. I hated AS5, and also hated S13, but I think I will enjoy this season.

by Anonymousreply 172May 28, 2021 3:56 PM

R171, agreed. Jan is more entered probably.

by Anonymousreply 173May 30, 2021 1:00 AM

Alexis Michelle was far more entertaining than Jan. In good and bad ways. Jan will be one of the first outs, I'm sure. Trinity K Bonet is still a lip sync assassin.

by Anonymousreply 174May 30, 2021 1:03 AM

I hope that Jiggly does well, I watched S4 not too long ago and she was a better queen than I remembered. I mean, she was MESSY as hell and unpolished, but I dunno, she tried. She was in a pretty low mental place too, still quite depressed and emotional about her mother's death. She had a difficult go of it. I think now that she's transitioned and has done decently for herself with Pose, etc. she's in a better place. I just like Jiggly!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 30, 2021 1:05 AM

R175 Jiggly is a tranny now? Well, that won't help his endless mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 176May 30, 2021 1:06 AM

Jiggly transitioned a long time ago. Sometimes it all makes sense. Same with Sonique and even that dumb hairbox, Carmen Carrera. Peppermint took 20 years to leave the man behind. But she's still a proud, talented performer and fierce Drag Queen.

Tranny realness is not a phrase that needed to be cancelled. Just posters like R176.

by Anonymousreply 177May 30, 2021 1:16 AM

[quote]Luckily I live in the UK, and here, Netflix will show it.

Well the U.S. has to toss you a bone, because, well, you live in the U.K.

by Anonymousreply 178May 30, 2021 1:17 AM

R177 What chopping ya dick off and getting tuppawear titties is gonna help their mental problems?

by Anonymousreply 179May 30, 2021 1:33 AM

You have fat moobular titties + a little nub of a dick, hiding under your old man gunt, R179. Does this help your mental problems?

by Anonymousreply 180May 30, 2021 1:38 AM

R180 Maybe fuck off to a tranny website with ya homophobic gay hating 70s bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 181May 30, 2021 1:42 AM

Huh? Put down the bottle gramps. That means you, r181. I was born in 1983. What the fuck you say about the 1970s? Why not relive your pre-AIDS disco memories on Facebook, Karl?

by Anonymousreply 182May 30, 2021 1:49 AM

R182 You make zero sense. Tell us about your friend, Dan Levy...

by Anonymousreply 183May 30, 2021 1:57 AM

Dan Levy is well known to me. True. That's not the subject here old queer. I make too perfect sense. Don't deflect again gramps @ R183. You're ancient but not senile.

by Anonymousreply 184May 30, 2021 2:04 AM

I fucked Dan Levy off the coast of Lake Rousseau for one whole summer in their front hole.

by Anonymousreply 185May 30, 2021 2:17 AM

Yes I would like the lake Rousseau details please

by Anonymousreply 186May 30, 2021 9:27 PM

Drag Race Spain, episode one has dropped.

by Anonymousreply 187May 30, 2021 10:46 PM

Wow r187, it seems literally minutes since the last episode of some form of Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 188May 30, 2021 10:54 PM

R188 In a few weeks Down Under, Spain and the new All Stars will all be screening.

by Anonymousreply 189May 30, 2021 11:00 PM

Better than Down Under, which is not hard. carmen should have won. I also want his cock in me.

by Anonymousreply 190May 31, 2021 5:00 AM

Three seasons of Eureka is like Chinese water torture

by Anonymousreply 191May 31, 2021 6:23 AM

R191 And the HBO show with Shangela and Bob.

by Anonymousreply 192May 31, 2021 6:25 AM

And Drag Race Italy is on the way too.

by Anonymousreply 193May 31, 2021 6:27 AM

Do we want/need a Spain thread, or can we keep it here?

by Anonymousreply 194May 31, 2021 6:29 AM

Silky dresses her body so much better than Ginger. That Silky knows how to proportionize! Ginger's legs appear to start at the knees. Yet she doesn't have any knees?

by Anonymousreply 195May 31, 2021 6:30 AM

R192 I liked bob until he started with the whole “white people are inherently racist” BS; Shangela is cute.

by Anonymousreply 196May 31, 2021 6:31 AM

r194 Would you or another poster here mind creating one for Spain? I think having this thread for bits and pieces / general discussion is good. UK and AUS have their own threads too so makes sense for Spain to have a dedicated thread.

I can do it in the morning if there isn't one already, but I'm ready to hit the hay now.

by Anonymousreply 197May 31, 2021 6:51 AM

Coolio shall do

by Anonymousreply 198May 31, 2021 7:00 AM

Thank you r198 *muah*

by Anonymousreply 199May 31, 2021 7:07 AM

R199 Here we go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 31, 2021 7:19 AM

Those Spanish queens speak so quickly it's going to be a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 201May 31, 2021 10:27 AM

R196 I wish I didn't know that Shangela travels the world with Eliad Cohen and is apparently also friends with Aaron Schock, evidenced by photos they've posted from Brazil, Dubai, etc. I can't like or respect her at all knowing that.

by Anonymousreply 202May 31, 2021 10:31 AM

R201 All that. Like they are all speeding.

by Anonymousreply 203May 31, 2021 10:34 AM

So, in a few weeks there will be another thread started for All Stars. It really is getting to be too much of a meh thing. Glad Spain is off to a good start. But I always thought doing a All Stars every 4 seasons would have been the way to go. We would now only be up to 3, and the quality of Queens would have been so better.

by Anonymousreply 204June 1, 2021 5:31 AM

r204 there already is one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 1, 2021 5:35 AM

R205 Oh golly, how organized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 1, 2021 5:56 AM

very, r206.

by Anonymousreply 207June 1, 2021 6:11 AM

R204 I was very bored by AS5, perhaps because I think Shea is overrated and I knew she would win. Also, the lip sync assassins thing was dumb. I like having two winners each episode because it makes the contest feel closer. As long as AS6 goes back to that format, I should enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 208June 1, 2021 9:55 AM

Trinity the Tuck should not have had to share the crown with Monet, that was annoying. Even more annoying that Shea during All Stars 5.

by Anonymousreply 209June 1, 2021 12:29 PM

I can't find the Drag Race Spain thread. Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 210June 1, 2021 12:35 PM

Here you go r210

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 1, 2021 1:37 PM

Serena Cha Cha, Eureka, Silky Ganache! “All Stars” is truly circling the drain at this point...

by Anonymousreply 212June 1, 2021 2:09 PM

... along with the rest of the brand r212.

by Anonymousreply 213June 1, 2021 2:40 PM

But this All Stars cast is really the bottom of the barrel...all other all star seasons we had some top tier queens, with a drop off to season 4 and a plummet on season 5 (Blair St Clair top 4! Surely you jest). So the only qualification for all stars 6 was a BMI over 40 and a top 10 placement ?

by Anonymousreply 214June 1, 2021 6:37 PM

Bracing myself for the Kandy Muse all stars 7 run with obligatory rudemption story arc

by Anonymousreply 215June 1, 2021 6:40 PM

Yeah that season was made so Shea would win.

by Anonymousreply 216June 1, 2021 7:14 PM

All Stars ONE was made so Chad would win. All Stars TWO, so Alaska would win. The travesty and fuckery of All Stars THREE - was all performative was so talent free TRIXIE could win.

by Anonymousreply 217June 1, 2021 7:18 PM

Trixie is the worst all stars winner to date, prove me wrong ...

by Anonymousreply 218June 1, 2021 7:23 PM

I agree with you completely R218.

by Anonymousreply 219June 1, 2021 7:27 PM

I didn't understand why people loved Trixie before All Stars and All Stars didn't help me understand. Trixie doesn't stand out on Drag Race. But I've since discovered her many media appearances and I do think she is entertaining and very funny. I'm a fan now. It's a bummer Drag Race had to so blatantly rig its show to make her a winner because of her off-show status, though. Someone else could have used the money. Trixie is now worth an estimated $10 million.

by Anonymousreply 220June 1, 2021 8:08 PM

Bendela eliminated herself in sixth place. So she wouldn't have to tour, as per her agreement with Drag Race. Shangela or Kennedy should have won All Stars Three after that. Everyone knows it. Trixie is still defensive about it. Cries all the way to bank.

Shangela slayed Kitty Girl. Kennedy and Bebe were also better than Tracey Martell. One continuous take.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 1, 2021 8:23 PM

[Quote] Trixie is the worst all stars winner to date, prove me wrong

Her bank account. Next.

by Anonymousreply 222June 1, 2021 8:31 PM

Both Trixie and Bob won (despite sucking on the show) so they could appeal to the fake woke wannabe white teen girls market that is obsessed with this show.

Shangela and Manila should’ve won their seasons.

by Anonymousreply 223June 1, 2021 10:34 PM

^true and true^

by Anonymousreply 224June 1, 2021 10:37 PM

Ooh Widow Von Du went and got arrested for domestic violence against her man.

by Anonymousreply 225June 1, 2021 11:45 PM

Oh my...

[quote]The BF went on to tell police that what happened next was nothing short of a vicious beatdown -- claiming Von'Du proceeded to punch his face 4 to 5 times, strangle him, drag him across the floor and eventually push him into a bed frame ... which the BF says knocked him unconscious after he hit his head, making him bleed profusely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 2, 2021 12:33 AM

The don't call her a Widow for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 227June 2, 2021 12:36 AM

Widow Von did try to become a widow, din't she?

by Anonymousreply 228June 2, 2021 12:48 AM

R223, you're take is limited. Not wrong, just not fully right.

Of course the "most palatable" AKA "the most relatable" queen is selected, once the show's other rubrics are applied (flexibility, "fit and contrasts" with recent winners, pluses and likely benefits to Ru-World, etc.)

Shangela is respected and liked, but isn't available to play the game the way Trixie has been. Shangela makes money in other ways that would clash with WOW's contracts. Manila is respected but lacks the "top tier" quality they go for. Neither Shangela nor Manila test particularly well, and neither has a brand that works well with WOW. Shangela comes across as a humorless hustler and Manila, even though Menstrual Gate was unfortunate for her, lacks consistent good judgment. It's not "scandal" that does people in. Sharon being a druggy cunt fit her well-fitting brand. Manila, ultimately, is boring, and so is Shangela. It's always the same.

Trixie and Bob were the right choices at the time, and time has proven the choices right.

by Anonymousreply 229June 2, 2021 12:59 AM

[Quote] Manila should’ve won their seasons.

Raja was/is Ru's personal friend. It was rig before it started. Manila is a costume/look queen. That's it. It's rewarded on DR but Raja out looked her + friendship with Ru is a killer combo.

And no Manila IS NOT a comedy queen. One good moment in comedy doesn't make a comedian.

by Anonymousreply 230June 2, 2021 1:10 AM

R230, I meant she should’ve won the All Star season. As far as he’s not being a comedian, well, I won’t argue against that but I will say compared to her All Star sisters she was the funniest (which I guess says something about the season).

Monet was too serious and Trinity was cringy at times and funny at others. I did like Monique but I think her being a wildcard didn’t work with the show. Monet and Trixie do seem like the types who would kiss as much producer ass as they can whereas Monique probably wouldn’t keep her mouth shut about how the show works.

And Trixie did not deserve to win her season at all. Her being successful out of the show does not mean she should’ve won. She literally floundered at the challenges. By that logic let’s just make the winner whoever has the most social media followers instead. Plastique Tiara would win every All Star season...

by Anonymousreply 231June 2, 2021 1:23 AM

^What a bunch of self confirmatory nonsense.^ The fans were outraged that Shangela didn't win and Manila is probably the most high tier assumed winner to ever be eliminated early by All Star fuckery. That inflated lipped skinny flat chested boy with size 14 feet kicked Manilla off? And she was not let back on somehow? Her looks were stunning and campy and fashion and beautiful AND Drag. In all three of her seasons. She won acting and comedy challenges. Was a great partner to Latrice. Manila is a tall good looking guy who made all his own drag. And it was ALWAYS good. Head to toe. Coy, cute, in on the joke but always presenting the fantasy. Sexy and versatile. Detailed. Gorgeous makeup and truly creative visual ideas. Campy but very polished. Pretty whenever he chose to be. A brand with a personal style. Manila is probably the iconic representative of what the show was about for the first 10 years. Raja has never NOT looked like a MAN and Sharon Needles was a mistake.

Shangela is always mentioned as the greatest robbery of Drag Race. Her victory in All STARS 3 was CLEAR to even her detractors.

Stop the bullshit. Bob and Trixie are not drag queens and only share a title of "least impressive winners" with Yvie Oddley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232June 2, 2021 1:23 AM

It's a game show. Fuckery and strategy is gameplay. Some of you are so dim. Sheeeesh.

by Anonymousreply 233June 2, 2021 1:36 AM

My post was directed to R229. What nonsense. Time has not proven Bob or Trixie to be deserving of the Drag Race crown. They're both odious people and terrible Drag Queens. Trixie has some comedic talent, but much better marketing skills. He's mean. And he's always a he. Ugly man in an ugly dress. Bob, ditto.

by Anonymousreply 234June 2, 2021 1:36 AM

Oh sorry, 232.

by Anonymousreply 235June 2, 2021 1:38 AM

r212 uh Eureka was top 2 and technically should have won but they double shantayed Aquaria. She has been pretty successful post Drag Race with the show on HBO Max as well as the BTS shows and Hater's Roast. I still love her Big Girl music video.

by Anonymousreply 236June 2, 2021 3:01 AM

If Manila was so fucking great should would have won already. She isn't. She basically a one note queen just like many of the other queens who show up on drag race. There's nothing wrong with that. Yes, her costumes are lovely and she can LS but that is about it. She knows how the game is played but she fails every time. Being partly CUNT isn't going to cut it but she is very bitchy and cunty though. If she had the chance she would have done the same but the other queens got to her first. I say kudos to them.

by Anonymousreply 237June 2, 2021 3:13 AM

It seems like some of you don't like any of the queens who appear on this show.

by Anonymousreply 238June 2, 2021 3:21 AM

[Quote] It seems like some of you don't like any of the queens who appear on this show.

I hate 25% maybe 30% of them. Most of the mean cunty girls who have zero reason to be cunty because they lack talent and beauty. Typical delusional cunts. The rest I love!

by Anonymousreply 239June 2, 2021 3:26 AM

So, R238. Can't one be critical of something/someone they are also a fan of, or once were? These guys do drag, they should be able to take a little criticism. They also used to have senses of humor, as did their fans.

by Anonymousreply 240June 2, 2021 3:29 AM

"Don't joke about that."

by Anonymousreply 241June 2, 2021 3:30 AM

R237 is a nutjob who thinks he runs these threads. Manilla did have a chance to cut a top tier queen who otherwise performed well - and she did not. Because that's not fair play. By your reasoning R237 Alaska would have been eliminated when SHE was in the bottom for her terrible makeover challenge. But she offered $10,000 cash on camera to her alliance. Voila, she made it! And later was crowned the winner. As was the show's plan.

It's a game and all is fair? Except when they don't want you to go. Then they find a way to bring you back. Kennedy got more votes from the other queens than Trixie did to win All Stars 3. Who did Ru crown? Gross untalented undeserving Trixie who shone in nothing. Cuz Kennedy lost that final LSFYL against Trixie? Hahahahaha. No, she didn't. Not on this planet .

by Anonymousreply 242June 2, 2021 3:33 AM

r242, is projecting again. As always.

by Anonymousreply 243June 2, 2021 3:36 AM

[quote]Can't one be critical of something/someone they are also a fan of, or once were?

Absolutely. But it just seems that for some people the show doesn't bring them any joy any more. Maybe they get joy from hate watching. For me, I think the biggest issue for many is that they've aged out of the show and take it out on these current queens who have chosen to adapt to this Disneyland, cleaned up, woke and politically correct everybody loves everybody drag that appeals to middle American. I think some of you are reacting to the loss of something that was fun and uniquely gay to the mainstream by throwing serious hate on people who are just looking to build careers by way of a highly edited and scripted reality competition show.

by Anonymousreply 244June 2, 2021 4:55 AM

R236 it’s a bogus top 3 placement (not top 2, they only crowned Aquaria, we don’t know how either her or Kameron placed). She was already on the show one time and had all that insight when she went back, totally unfair. She’s big fat and loud, and that is what they casted for on her HBO show.

R238 it does seem like that and I’m contributing to the negativity, but this is a weak cast. Hoping some of the older season queens show out. To keep it more positive, looking forward to some knucking and bucking by Akeria and Trinity.

by Anonymousreply 245June 2, 2021 5:06 AM

Aquaria's a sexy guy. Eureka absolutely placed 2nd, because she beat Aquaria so securely in the lip sync that Ru and producers had to call it a tie. ON The FINALE. In a lip sync for your life. It was fuckery.

That said, I think Aquaria is very talented, funny and charming. The best of the no titties Drag Queens and he looks great in a jock strap too. As a guy or in drag - always turning lewks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 2, 2021 5:24 AM

Thanks Aquaria.

by Anonymousreply 247June 2, 2021 5:44 AM

R236 Well, Aquaria fell down flat of her face during her lipsync with Eureka but the shos edited it out. She should have lost and then Eureka would have and should have won.

I personally like Eureka. She is the most polished big girl on the show. Ginger was more talented but had ugly looks, snd Latrice is lovable but most of her drag comes acoustic as messy, unfinished and all the same.

by Anonymousreply 248June 2, 2021 7:37 AM

R226 Widow is claiming now that the man (she won’t say if they were dating) came to her home uninvited and wouldn’t leave, so she was “standing her ground”. Not sure I buy that, but I will withhold judgment.

Her fans are delusional, however. They have already started a petition to get her released, are claiming she was arrested for being black, and are trying to get AOC involved for some reason.

After the incident, Widow was on her live, saying how she “beat up some lil white boy” who tried to disrespect her. She then claimed that her home bar, who kicked her out, was racist. I was a bit sympathetic, seeing as how she was arrested at her going away party, but her playing the race card for beating up a “white boy” ends it for me.

by Anonymousreply 249June 2, 2021 7:43 AM

If you have 75 minutes to waste, here are each and every AS6 contestant blathering on about the same thing they always do. Why can't any of them be interesting??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 2, 2021 8:07 AM

R249, what I read is the white boy claims they were dating, went to her place and texted her saying he’d crash there, and she arrived drunk and fighting.

by Anonymousreply 251June 2, 2021 11:23 AM

As far as I'm concerned, Manila, Jujubee and Raven are true stars who don't need to win regular or All Stars seasons. Something about each one of them has much heftier star power than almost any of the others in the run of the series. They've got tons of charisma and I've forgotten 90 percent of contestants but I remember all of them clearly from all the way back to the beginning of the series.

I totally disagree with the Bob basher above, though. Bob has "it." I felt like he was the clear winner from the beginning and throughout his season with no one else coming close. As a female impersonator, no, he's a "he," but it really doesn't matter when someone's presence is as commanding as Bob's is. He's like Jujubee in that way. During their seasons, I just wanted more of them and less of the others.

by Anonymousreply 252June 2, 2021 11:34 AM

I liked Bob. He’s a talented and less annoying version of Monet.

by Anonymousreply 253June 2, 2021 11:43 AM

R246 so your opinion overrides the facts

by Anonymousreply 254June 2, 2021 12:38 PM

R249 could you imagine if Trixie said “I beat up some little black boy”...the world would come to a screeching halt

by Anonymousreply 255June 2, 2021 12:45 PM

I believe, based on absolutely nothing but my own cracked speculation, that All Stars is almost always negotiated. I don't believe for a second that they don't know who's going when, or that they didn't know that Bendela wasn't leaving or that Shangela wasn't going to win.

by Anonymousreply 256June 2, 2021 1:05 PM

R246, to a degree I agree. I do think they leave room for adaptation though. This started happening back in season 4 when it seemed the season was set up for Chad but Sharon’s popularity managed to change things. Then all of a sudden All Stars 1 was rushed just to get her the crown. You also see this happen with Monet being added as a second winner in order to make up against negative deserved backlash over the Shangela situation.

by Anonymousreply 257June 2, 2021 1:20 PM

Yeah, they clearly have an idea of who they want to eliminate along the way, but they take a break between the season and the finale to measure popularity and buzz among viewers. They choose the most popular ones to win, obviously, because that's who they invest their money in and want to hook into contract obligations so that they can skim profits off their sales.

by Anonymousreply 258June 2, 2021 1:36 PM

I get that Eureka is not everyone's cup of tea, but she was great on that HBO show.

by Anonymousreply 259June 2, 2021 1:43 PM

Again based on nothing, I think they tell the judges before the runway who is going home that week. Then I think the judges have to build their critiques around the who will win and who will go home.

by Anonymousreply 260June 2, 2021 1:44 PM

I also agree with you R218. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 261June 2, 2021 2:19 PM

Willam said he knew they had picked Sharon to win because they let her retape her entrance because she fucked up the first one. WIllam asked to redo his and they told her no.

by Anonymousreply 262June 2, 2021 2:50 PM

I have a hard time believing that Chad was originally slated to win. The first challenge was an apocalypse challenge and the judge was Elvira. No way that wasn’t intended for Shannon to thrive in. And even the song choice of Glamazon is suitable for Shannon’s style.

I am not sure if queens are chosen to win, but they definitely plan at least some challenges with certain Queens in mind. Latrice in the Large Marge skit was clearly intended for her to get to use her prison story. Yvie was given the Monster Ball, although she fucked it up, the first stand up challenge was when Bianca was on, and Shade the Rusical was intended for Adore and Courtney. They also put Robbie in the bottom two for the Rollar Skate lip-sync so she could do it even though he was not the worse that episode, and what a coincidence that on the episode they did Micky (In Spanish) the bottom two queens were Spanish speakers.

by Anonymousreply 263June 2, 2021 8:07 PM

R263, but Sharon was a nobody back then. Meanwhile Chad was supposed to be the legend. Season 4 is also when they started allowing fan votes in the finals and it was the online fandom that developed that was cheering for Sharon. Sharon was one of the first queens that blew up in social media as her season aired. Everyone back then was also saying the sudden rushed All Stars season was to make up for Sharon winning over Chad due to Sharon’s surprising rise in social media.

by Anonymousreply 264June 2, 2021 9:02 PM

The great Phi Phi O’Hara deserved the season 4 win...fight me!

by Anonymousreply 265June 2, 2021 10:13 PM

R265 We're all laughing at you.

by Anonymousreply 266June 2, 2021 10:32 PM

Who the fuck is Shannon?

by Anonymousreply 267June 2, 2021 10:37 PM

R265 No, but Phi Phi did do great on All Stars, should have won her LSFYL over Alaska and probably should have been top two over Alyssa in the Future of Drag runway.

by Anonymousreply 268June 2, 2021 10:38 PM

Ok Phi Phi...

by Anonymousreply 269June 2, 2021 10:39 PM

Whatever happened to Sharon Needles? Haven't heard anything about her in ages, did she quit drag or something? And Alaska? The fans don't talk much about either of them anymore, it's odd. I always thought they'd be at the level of Trixie and Katya's success post show but it doesn't seem to have happened for them.

by Anonymousreply 270June 3, 2021 2:33 AM

r270 Sharon is a staple of the Murray Peters tours - BTS, Haters roasts. and she is still doing music. She pretty much fucked up her face though.

by Anonymousreply 271June 3, 2021 2:37 AM

^ Alaska is the Marilyn Manson of drag, i.e., a loudmouth dog with not much talent to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 272June 3, 2021 2:44 AM

Sharon fucked up more than her face. Admittedly, I am not her biggest fan but I'm glad she won her season. Needles is a hopeless drunk who is on and off drugs. Meth, coke, and downers. Her racist comments and the lack of professionalism on tours hurt and then pretty much stopped her momentum. She's been quite vocal in her jealousy of the money and access and fame that queens from later seasons achieved. Sharon's a mess. And has been for a long time. A bad liver and a dark heart.

Alaska is far from poor. She was extremely successful for quite a few years. But she doesn't have anything new to offer. She's as tedious as her vocal inflections and her talent is really slender. Had a good run near the top. She'll be alright.

by Anonymousreply 273June 3, 2021 2:46 AM

Is t Marilyn Manson the Marilyn Manson of drag? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 274June 3, 2021 4:11 AM

Here’s a little something to wet your appetite r269

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 3, 2021 4:32 AM

^^ “whet” ..don’t oh dear me!

by Anonymousreply 276June 3, 2021 4:34 AM

Jeremi quit drag. That's not news. He was a little prick who had the first? and best double save with It's Raining Men with Sharon Needles. There have been many better lip syncs but that one stood out at the time. I'm not a fan of Sharon Needles weak wrists and turned down mouth postures, but she was great in that one moment. Dark hair and red lips. Sharon was a small town meth head who became a two year sensation. Her drag and face got worse with success and the small amount of talent she had turned out to just be a horror movie rebellion. She still makes a lot of money a night - but only in the two weeks around Halloween.

Phi Phi. Simpler times, ha. Phi Phi would be one of the first 5 to go now, respectable. She was quite good in All Stars 2. They all were. Sharon is something worse than an early All Stars OUT - she's a complete anachronism. There's nothing shocking about her and never was. A blood capsule? I like her more than this sounds. But when a self proclaimed freak immediately gets so much cosmetic surgery, she lost me. Phi Phi was quite respected by other drag queens - he's a cute bitch who went to jail too but still turned out 365 very different Instagram drag looks in one year.

Season 10 had that great opening episode - where all the new contestants do a freak runway in front of just about every important or unexpected contestant of all time. More than you can count. Sharon was there. That was cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277June 3, 2021 5:54 AM

R270 I liked Needles on the show far more than in real life. She had a great edit and was a very charismatic underdog. However she isnt as charismatic out of drag, and tries too hard to be edgy. That said, she has a big enough fan base. Some reddit fans hate her because you used nazi imagery in the past and because some weird straight white girl fan claims that Needles was abusive to her.

by Anonymousreply 278June 3, 2021 7:48 AM

R110, and I thought Michelle was Mrs. Doubtfire. Pinch and zoom if you dare!

by Anonymousreply 279June 3, 2021 9:48 AM

Can someone explain what you love about Sharon Needles besides the punny name?

I started watching Drag Race the season after Sharon won and so I wasn't caught up in the zeitgeist of that season. I enjoyed the show and went back and watched all prior seasons. Of them, Sharon's season was my least favorite and it remains one of my least favorites to this day. The whole cast overall wasn't as outstanding as in many other seasons and Sharon had the gothy gimmick going with white contact lenses, etc., but I was never that impressed with either her performances or her costumes. And she wasn't that likable, either.

I don't understand why people consider Sharon one of the best.

I've rewatched all the old seasons many times—Drag Race is one of those shows I sometimes turn on just for background noise—and I usually end up turning off that season's episodes because they just don't stand up to many of the rest. People here complain about later seasons like the most recent one, and to me Sharon's is in league with those, and she's not the one shining thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 280June 3, 2021 10:27 AM

Sharon’s style was very good at the time and it also broke up the pageant girl domination the drag world knew back then. So she was considered the future and PhiPhi just made her seem sympathetic too. She was but she didn’t take advantage of it properly and I think she”s cancelled now because of drama that came out w a white teen girl I believe.

by Anonymousreply 281June 3, 2021 11:30 AM

R280 You had to be there. She really was different than anything the show had before. Raja was kind of punk and fashion forward, but Sharon really opened the door for other types of drag on the show. Also, there were not any white winners yet so there was an additional dynamic there.

Season 4 is still one of my favorites, but 3 was the best.

by Anonymousreply 282June 3, 2021 12:58 PM

I was all by myself, because I couldn't understand why people hated Phi Phi. Then I decided to rewatch both of her seasons and then I figured it out. While I still don't hate her, it is clear that some people probably shouldn't be on reality TV. She overplayed and her insecurities made her make bad choices.

by Anonymousreply 283June 3, 2021 1:42 PM

I thought Phi Phi was very talented and I couldn't stand him. I dislike Shangela for the same reason. They both do the "I'm here to play a game! I'm makin' allies and enemies!" thing. I hate reality shows like that and if that's their schtick and their niche in the show, fine, it obviously works for Shangela but I hate it. Of course, now that I know Shangela shares the same circle of gay friends as Aaron Schock, I have zero tolerance.

by Anonymousreply 284June 3, 2021 2:09 PM

I recently rewatched season 4 and really loved it. To me, it felt like a product of peak reality TV at the time: a clear villain, a clear underdog, big fights, big drama, big personalities. Sharon’s win felt very special, fresh, and unexpected. As mentioned above, she has some very serious addiction issues and is now truly a mess in every sense of the word. I listen to the Race Chaser podcast with Alaska and Alaska said she paid for Sharon’s ticket to Los Angeles to be on their show because Sharon couldn’t afford it. Ultimately winning the show was a curse for her in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 285June 3, 2021 5:25 PM

As R281 mentioned, about a year ago Sharon got exposed online by an unstable fangurl named Annecy whom Sharon had originally befriended on a Drag Race cruise not long after she won S4. Annecy, who made a name for herself blogging about RPDR on Tumblr, was 15 when they met.

She claimed they did drugs together and that she told a horrified Michelle Visage about it during the cruise. She also said that Sharon sexually harassed her—grabbed her boobs, flashed his dick, asked her prying questions about her sex life—and encouraged her to self-harm and attempt suicide. After the drama hit Twitter and Reddit, Aquaria publicly cut ties with Sharon, who was her drag mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 3, 2021 6:21 PM

[quote]I thought Phi Phi was very talented and I couldn't stand him. I dislike Shangela for the same reason. They both do the "I'm here to play a game! I'm makin' allies and enemies!" thing. I hate reality shows like that and if that's their schtick and their niche in the show, fine, it obviously works for Shangela but I hate it. Of course, now that I know Shangela shares the same circle of gay friends as Aaron Schock, I have zero tolerance.

Shangela is talented, and I respect how she worked her way up from first boot on S2. That said, she's an unadulterated cunt, and I loved watching her face crack when the bitter jury voted her out on AS3.

Both Alexis Mateo and Stacy Layne Matthews confirmed that she beat the shit out of Mimi Imfurst during the [italic]Untucked[/italic] "sugar daddy" blowup and that it shut down production on S3 (rather than Ru having a health scare, as was reported at the time).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 3, 2021 6:34 PM

R286, Aquaria and Sharon are very close, as was evidenced by the Werk The World series a few years ago.

R270, I did see Sharon perform at a gay club in Downtown LA in 2019, she was fabulous as always, and looked healthy.

by Anonymousreply 288June 3, 2021 6:38 PM

I wonder if straight people dissect every possible aspect of The Bachelor and Honey Boo Boo the way Drag Race and Housewives fans/haters dissect those shows.

by Anonymousreply 289June 3, 2021 6:42 PM

R287 I’ve heard that too. By all accounts Mimi Imfurst deserved it. She does tend to have that effect on people.

by Anonymousreply 290June 3, 2021 8:31 PM

This

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291June 3, 2021 9:20 PM

Alexis is so shady. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 3, 2021 9:50 PM

Alexis is one of the more intelligent contestants the show has ever had. I can't get into her Drag or Makeup - That's a man Maury - but she has great insight into people and can use that power for understanding and compassion or extreme shade and on point putdowns. She's funny and fun and humane. She was pretty great in Season Three, even though Raja was a complete snobby bitch to her the whole time. Alexis and Manila are the ones we remember.

by Anonymousreply 293June 3, 2021 9:58 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 294June 4, 2021 12:50 AM

r287 and it was Sonique who told Mimi about Shangela's sugar daddy. She told her before she was eliminated Mimi just repeated it.

by Anonymousreply 295June 4, 2021 2:29 AM

I never - ever once thought Raja was doing drag. He looked, the entire season, like a man in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 296June 4, 2021 2:31 AM

R296 Son did Sonique.

by Anonymousreply 297June 4, 2021 3:58 AM

Shangela was clearly there to play her role in Season 3; in fact it wouldn't surprise me to hear some sort of confirmation that the producers actively encouraged her to be a shit-stirrer. Raja would admit in the final Untucked of the season that Shangela just knew what buttons to push - and thank goodness, because if it wasn't for Shangela, Season 3 would have been thirteen or so straight episodes of everyone, especially the judges, fawning over everything Raja did.

Season 4, despite the quality of queens not matching the innovative challenges (as opposed to Season 7 where the inverse was true), was really instrumental in making the show move from niche to mainstream. However, Season 3 definitely helped nudge it in that direction. There isn't going to be another season like it, with the first returning queen from a past season, first double shantay, first returning queen from the same season (the last two being wasted on talentless Carmen "weesh nose" Carrera, but whatever), clique rivalries, fights - both verbal and physical, several stressful design challenges, "who should go home" being asked in three separate episodes - it was a marathon of a season but not in a tedious way, unlike Season 13.

by Anonymousreply 298June 4, 2021 4:40 AM

Season 13?

by Anonymousreply 299June 4, 2021 5:39 AM

R298 I also love how diverse Season 3. I do not mean racially, although it was that as well, but just the styles of drag. Season 4 had: Camp Queens, Fashion Queens, Ballroom Queens, Pageant Queens, Comedy Queens, Gender Fuck, and even a Celebrity Impersonater.

by Anonymousreply 300June 4, 2021 8:09 AM

Was it ever revealed why Rupaul quit his podcast? I miss it. The craziest one was with Rose McGowan as the guest - talk about uncomfortable. For once Rupaul was speechless!

by Anonymousreply 301June 4, 2021 12:33 PM

I'm surprised that Valentina never capitalized on her rising star...I wonder if she took the Fame route and got a sugar daddy.

by Anonymousreply 302June 4, 2021 1:22 PM

A lot of people seem to agree on speculation that RuPaul went into hiding in response to criticism over fracking and his un-woke irreverence.

If you'll recall, he wiped out his Twitter and Instagram accounts totally and was silent for months before returning to promote appearances and the show in October. The silence coincided with the pandemic, but he has been pretty much all business in his public appearances since then. His tweets used to be personal and irreverent and now they seem pretty sanitized and primarily promotional.

by Anonymousreply 303June 4, 2021 1:32 PM

It seems like a lot of people don't like Valentina.

by Anonymousreply 304June 4, 2021 5:22 PM

Valentina admits it herself, in Werk the World, she "loves getting ready so much" that it takes her a long time.

She is an indulgent creature and a total diva. That said, I don't know that she's all that talented. There are other queens who will show up on time, so I think her career is failing.

by Anonymousreply 305June 4, 2021 6:03 PM

Speaking of season 4 queens, Dida Ritz seems pretty pissed that they haven't put her on All Stars yet. I guess, I'd be pissed too if Serena Cha Cha got on before me, too. It sounds like she's practically harassing the producers to cast her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 4, 2021 7:11 PM

R306 She clearly doesn’t know how to play the game, that is for sure. She got 5th on her season, so she would seem like she would eventually get called, seeing as how many All Star Seasons they do nowadays. But, pissing off WOW isn’t how you do it.

How to get on All Stars strategies for an earlier out/non fan favorite.

1. Have Drama with other cast mates: worked for India.

2. Tweet and hashtag it a lot, but without being a cunt to WOW , worked for Ongina and TKB.

3. Have a glow up: worked for Blair and Serena.

4. Be Trans: worked for Sonique, Gia and Jiggly.

5. Be on a good personal relationship with WOW: worked for Morgan and Mayham.

With over 100 Queens, WOW doesn’t need to cast someone hard to work with. There are easier ways to get WOWs attention.

by Anonymousreply 307June 4, 2021 8:33 PM

With 6 seasons of All Stars - 60 of the alumni queens have already returned, r307. Some TWICE.

They'll get a good season out of Gigi, Crystal, The Iranian dude, Kandy and Gottmik - with an oldtimer or two and a filler queen. (Dida) Yuhua should be asked back. She's hilarious and very popular now. Versatile drag too. Please spare us the one with the cuckoo. Lagana was once a choice, first she said no, now WoW says no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 308June 4, 2021 9:32 PM

This thread is weird. The thread watcher keeps saying there are new replies, but there aren't.

by Anonymousreply 309June 4, 2021 9:35 PM

R309 Maybe you blocked someone that is commenting?

by Anonymousreply 310June 4, 2021 9:49 PM

R309 Do you see this? If not, I guess you blocked me you heartless son of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 311June 4, 2021 10:32 PM

I blocked R308 it seems, for some slight of the past.

by Anonymousreply 312June 4, 2021 10:42 PM

Dita pretty much turned her back on RPDR fame for a while then came back. She had some things to say about the show that rubbed producers the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 313June 5, 2021 2:20 AM

Well Dida was the one to declare that this wasn't RuPaul's Best Friends Race!

by Anonymousreply 314June 5, 2021 7:14 AM

[quote]Well Dida was the one to declare that this wasn't RuPaul's Best Friends Race!

That was Lashauwn Beyond, who was also on S4 but second out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 5, 2021 7:22 AM

You are right, R315!!

by Anonymousreply 316June 5, 2021 7:26 AM

[quote] I'm surprised that Valentina never capitalized on her rising star...I wonder if she took the Fame route and got a sugar daddy.

She did. She tried. She was like all the skinny fashion queens—Aquaria, Gigi, Violet—and had a moment in the spotlight right after her season.

She capitalized on it and was cast on NBC's live "Rent" production, which was doomed and terrible. Her performance was not good. It was kind of sad and embarrassing to watch. She blamed it on the lead actor hurting himself, resulting in NBC airing a recorded rehearsal instead of the planned live show, and she admitted that she didn't give her best performance because she was saving it for show night—which theatre actors know not to do.

Her failure was so spectacular that people wrote her off as a reality show contestant and nothing more. She blew her big chance, unfortunately. She was repeatedly roasted for it on All Stars and you could tell that it hurt her to hear it. She admitted on All Stars that she wasn't educated/trained/competent to give the kind of performance she was supposed to have given.

I ended up hating Simon Cowell because he was gratuitously mean after developing his onscreen persona, but at the beginning of Idol, he really was doing contesants a favor. He criticized their abilities and their appearances in harsh ways but also separated them as people from the objectifying criticisms and he told them, kindly, that his onscreen comments may sound mean but they are only one person's opinion and they are representative of what they will hear from everyone in their industry once they make it; if they can't handle his criticism, then they will not be able to weather working in the music industry, where people have to look a certain way, sound a certain way, be extremely talented and experienced enough to weather storms and remain professional when dealing with businesspeople if not audiences. Keep smiling and do your job even when being told you're a fat ugly pig who can't sing as well as the chick who is the new It Girl—and say thank you. That's the reality of the business.

Tori Amos talked a lot about Idol-type shows and YouTube stars when they started becoming famous because she was worried for both the industry and for them as people. She started playing piano and singing in bars and hotels at age 12 and didn't stop until well into her record deals. She plays dingy clubs in L.A. for years and was raped by a fan. She was treated like scum by drunk and drugged people before she was famous and she learned over time how seedy and bad the industry is and she learned to battle people and stand her ground—and then the pressure of being in demand hit, and she was derided by music critics for being too avant garde, but she was confident in her talent and she had developed a thick skin. She said it's dangerous of the music industry to discover teen talents with zero public experience on TV or YouTube because being 'a meteor' causes emotional harm to people. Kate Bush was identified as a young genius and given a record deal, but also given years to develop her music, her style and to study all kinds of performing art before launching her first record at 19. She was prepared and professional and has remained stable throughout her career.

Valentina was not ready. She looks good on TV but she never cultivated the performance skills or the professional experience someone needs to establish themselves as a lasting talent in the public eye. This is why people like Chad and Bianca stand apart from almost everyone else on the show: they've been at it for so long that performing and dealing with idiots is second nature to them and they aren't fazed by insecure peers or critics. People like Alaska and countless others have embarrassing meltdowns because everything seems so high stakes to them.

by Anonymousreply 317June 5, 2021 8:44 AM

Valentina also developed a reputation among club owners for diva antics right after S9. One story that blew up the RPDR subreddits claimed that her performance rider specified Champagne and bowls of red M&M's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 5, 2021 9:13 AM

R317 I think you got lost in the middle...

by Anonymousreply 319June 5, 2021 9:15 AM

[quote]r317 I think you got lost in the middle...

I know I gave up reading that shit around that point r319.

by Anonymousreply 320June 5, 2021 10:27 AM

Why should Art try? They will bring her back again and again till she wins!

by Anonymousreply 321June 5, 2021 12:50 PM

Valentina got fat and was rude. Tori Amos got fat, had a head transplant and was always rude. She came across as an evil witch narrator in the Kevyn Aucoin Doc. Kelly Clarkson got fat and is more beloved than ever and more talented than most all other singers in the game. TWENTY years after winning a reality show. She's still grateful to Simon Cowell. But she hates Clive Davis.

Valentina and Alyssa Edwards both take a long time to get ready, are always late and keep the other queens waiting for hours on tours.......DIVAS. So is Shangela, but she works alone honey. The difference is that Valentina is a talentless BITCH. FAT!!

by Anonymousreply 322June 5, 2021 3:42 PM

R317 When did Alaska have an embarrassing meltdown? Do you just mean her tantrum when she was on All Stars 2, or did she have another meltdown I'm not aware of? I can't remember one!

She seems quite beloved by the "fandom," so I'm curious about that.

by Anonymousreply 323June 5, 2021 4:13 PM

What people don't understand about riders is that they throw in ridiculous things in there to see if the production is really reading and providing- it's crucial for some bands as far as equipment and safety goes, but now it's par for the course for all riders.

And I'll say that it should have been Adore in the Rent Live! instead of Valentina.

by Anonymousreply 324June 5, 2021 5:02 PM

R323. Alaska had a much bigger and mean spirited meltdown when Jinkx was declared the winner of Season 5. Not on the broadcast, but in the bar where she, Roxxy and Jinkx were watching the finale. It lasted more than a minute. Or an hour. Ha.

Alaska admits that she didn't handle it well, but Jinkx tells the story much better. And more often.😝🥇

by Anonymousreply 325June 5, 2021 5:16 PM

Adore is criminally underutilized. Rent would have been perfect. She had to kick her cousin who was her manager to the curb, hopefully that will help get some gigs flowing now that COVID is loosening up. (No Family Member Managers EVAH!) Looking great, quit the booze, still sharp and funny and hanging out with Bianca constantly. They are really fun together. Bianca is a good big brother influence, though she'd likely rather die than admit that.

Their latest Instagram Live. It gets glitchy but worth seeing them laugh it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326June 5, 2021 5:39 PM

Lets roll the tape of Jinx winning, shall we? Next we'll hear what really went on. Alaska is petulant BRAT. As we've seen many times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327June 5, 2021 5:42 PM

"I'm a very sore loser. Expect a temper tantrum." Alaska and her mommy both had a fit.

Jinkx is so funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328June 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Rent was BAD. Adore may have lucked out by losing the role to Valentina. She became a joke. The whole production was poor, so Adore would have suffered, too. Not a single person from that show benefited from it aside from the paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 329June 5, 2021 5:47 PM

R317, R305 said it better, more succintly and more accurately than you.

by Anonymousreply 330June 6, 2021 9:55 PM

Kandy Muse is a filler queen. She wrote it. Rose is away from the tour and Kandy was called. Here is her performance. What do we think?

Voss events are the worst. They basically rape you and steal your money. Don't ever give them a penny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331June 7, 2021 4:00 AM

K and V

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332June 7, 2021 4:02 AM

Here's K & V.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 7, 2021 4:03 AM

Kandy still hasn't learned how to dress

by Anonymousreply 334June 7, 2021 4:11 AM

Kandy is built like a snowman ⛄️

by Anonymousreply 335June 7, 2021 4:19 AM

No one here defends Kandy as any kind of talent. She was more than a filler queen as far as I'm concerned. Because she was very popular in the outside world of Brooklyn and the Bronx and she's known to all those other queens. She came in with some real cred. Note how reluctant Monet, BoB or even mean old Raven were to criticize her during the season? It was a collective mass denial. Kissing WoWs ASS. Kandy has a lot of "friends" in other drag queens. She even was an AAA girl with Willam and Alaska after Courtney left. She is the subject of one of Alaska's videos. They all release crap. (You're a bit better Blair St. Clair and Shea Coulee) Too late to Rupaulogize was fun too Willam.

Dahlia Sins was a first out on Season 12 and she was far better presented in and out of drag than Kandy. Dahlia might be dumb, but very cute and sexy. Good drag. Spent the season as a reappearing head of broccoli. Also from the broken house of Aja. I don't get Kandy. She's not in demand. And Aja has had her say about Kandi and it wasn't nice. Aja is a fat bald man with whiskers now. Dahlia and Kandy rule the Doll Haus. And it's all pretty silly. Because you need some brains and integrity to build a Drag House - not just sloppy blowjobs and still working the shemale corner.

Symone is going to surprise people. Like Bimini in the UK. A new kind of Drag Race Star was Born.

Violet, Aquaria and Miss Fame paved the way, but Symone's future will be about more than just fashion. Symone is about to do what The Vixen dreamed of. Same with Bimini. They illuminate the struggles and beauty of LIFE! WOKE fashion queens who work in creative collectives but are not only interested in LEWKS. Not a joke, just a fact.

Not in some fake ass Rupaul catchphrase kind of way either.

by Anonymousreply 336June 7, 2021 4:43 AM

by Anonymousreply 337June 7, 2021 4:44 PM

[Quote] Because she was very popular in the outside world of Brooklyn and the Bronx and she's known to all those other queens. She came in with some real cred.

A tiny community in the big picture. Sadly what's considered todays cred is actually nothing. Talent is cred not a loud mouth.

by Anonymousreply 338June 7, 2021 4:49 PM

The new episode of [italic]Drag Race España[/italic] is up on WOW Presents Plus.

by Anonymousreply 339June 7, 2021 4:53 PM

Bimini!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 8, 2021 10:19 PM

Yes!

Fuck you non working images...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341June 8, 2021 10:23 PM

I'm surprised by how bad Valentina's make-up is in that pic at R318, has it always been that bad? The crack cocaine line down her nose and the visible wig line across her forehead... for someone who spends an inordinate amount of time getting ready you'd think she'd be better presented than that.

by Anonymousreply 342June 8, 2021 11:13 PM

That's the lace on her lace front wig, R342. Just some bad lighting. Not every queen can afford to cut that lace off every wig, R342. I don't find Valentina to be one of the great beauties from Drag Race. She has good features and colouring and proportions for drag - but he still looks like a vampy pekingese.

by Anonymousreply 343June 8, 2021 11:34 PM

Love Bimini!!

by Anonymousreply 344June 9, 2021 3:05 AM

Speaking of our Bimini Babes, I'm rewatching S2 UK starting at the episode Morning Glory (yet to watch fully) At the beginning, knowing what we do now, it's interesting to see how the camera in the work (sorry, I'm old, WERK room) is focused more on fucking carpet lint before Bimini even has a few frames. If they only knew.... That said, glad they haven't re-cut it, because this is when everyone thought LC was the clear winner. Again, watching back he is not...that. I think Ru bet on the wrong horse.

I LOVE that UK contracts are nothing like the US contracts, and all of these bitches, winners or "losers" can go on and do their own thing. Bimini "losing" was one of, if not the, biggest win in Drag Race. Bimini has always done her own thing and now is doing it bigger and better than anyone in the game right now. Violet must be seething. Katya is purring.

Some of us called it from the start. Katya threw whatever she could behind Bimini from day 1, and even now her fan is a Bimini Babes fan. Fucking love it.

by Anonymousreply 345June 9, 2021 3:39 AM

I think Bimini lip synched on the first episode, so she was already underappreciated from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 346June 9, 2021 3:42 AM

Bimini really has her look together. Part punk/camp/gay English deliciousness. I revel in her.

by Anonymousreply 347June 9, 2021 3:47 AM

I love Bimini, but don't give a rusty fuck that Katya promotes her so slavishly. That's a detriment if anything.

It won't hurt her though. Bimini is nothing like Katya, thank fucking christ.

Violet is also not seething. How silly. Bimini is her own entity and this kind of fame is always fleeting.

Except I see that Bimini could have a real career in acting and performance and fashion and as a mod/punk icon. A panelist or judge on non drag shows. She's got every kind of PERSONALITY. That's not possible in America for longer than 10 months. Like most good Brits, Bimini will visit, but not move to L.A. She's unlikely to completely sell out. Someone unique, surpsinging, political and hungry. Let's go.

No one needs Katya's old methy ass in an ironic dress. Bimini does irony in her sleep. She's aiming for MUCH more.

by Anonymousreply 348June 9, 2021 4:06 AM

I usually have NO fucking patience for vegans, let alone vocal ones. I usually have NO fucking patience for the pronoun game. But fucking hell, this hot, intelligent, educated, serious without being self-serious, happy to be on this planet and having some fun, but after experiencing a bit too much drug fun gently cautions the young ones about it without lecturing... Wow. What a soul.

Bimini is an exception to all of the rules, no matter how concrete (like mine). and I think that's her master plan. Well fucking done.

by Anonymousreply 349June 9, 2021 4:06 AM

Well said and received R349!👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

by Anonymousreply 350June 9, 2021 4:09 AM

It’s more of a detriment to win the show these days. There’s more money and exposure to be made on All Stars, especially now that International All Stars is about to launch.

by Anonymousreply 351June 9, 2021 4:19 AM

R341 That is one hell of a fucking look.

This might sound stupid, but I'm a bit sad that Bowie never got to meet Bimini.

by Anonymousreply 352June 9, 2021 4:34 AM

"Bacteria, because why the fuck not?" --Bimini Bon Boulash

by Anonymousreply 353June 9, 2021 4:42 AM

Bimini's lip job is one of the only ones I've seen that really does enhance. I hope to god she doesn't go for more. That wee nip was perfect. I'm spilling out my feelings about some fucking drag queen. I don't know why, and I'm not even drunk. THAT is a sign of a fucking star.

Or that I need help.

Perhaps both.

by Anonymousreply 354June 9, 2021 4:48 AM

It's interesting that Bimini really got her shit together during lockdown and put the pedal to the metal, no fucks given. That said, I love it that Tai Kofi is doing well and getting her well-deserved glow up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355June 9, 2021 10:12 PM

Tia Kofi was fucking annoying. And now she looks the love child of Miss Fame & Phi Phi O'hara? That's not a glow up - she looks like a completely different drag queen. I don't like it on her at all.

Her more modelesque less plastic look with some boho chic elements suited her much better.

by Anonymousreply 356June 9, 2021 10:17 PM

I like how Bimini had one big goal for the lockdown - to master chair dancing. They showed clips of him balancing on a simple metal folding chair and getting better at it, and he did use it upon his return.

by Anonymousreply 357June 9, 2021 10:39 PM

I don't remember this look. Symone has got it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 10, 2021 3:46 AM

Meanwhile in NYC - the dolls are on the town. Vangie, Kandy, Gottmik, Asia, Kameron, Aquaria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 10, 2021 5:34 AM

Asstina, who was rather quickly eliminated from UK S2, turns out is a pretty fierce Ball Circuit Queen in the Liverpool area. This documentary about that scene features her heavily, and she's fabulous. Give it a look!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360June 10, 2021 6:06 AM

Gotornot can fucking miss me.

by Anonymousreply 361June 10, 2021 6:11 AM

r360 Hi, Astina.

by Anonymousreply 362June 10, 2021 6:13 AM

It's actually spelled Asttina.

by Anonymousreply 363June 10, 2021 6:17 AM

r345 Not True. I think Bimini was unprepared for Drag Race. The Corona break allowed her to up her game and bring better stuff. If you remember she was almost eliminated. Lawrence was prepared from day one. I think that is why he won over Bimini. If the Coivd 9 month break did not happen, would the top four be the same??

by Anonymousreply 364June 10, 2021 4:18 PM

Yeah, the Covid break was the best thing to happen to Bimini. After they returned, she was firing on all cylinders until the end of the season.

OTOH, Lawrence really lost a step or two after the Covid break. He wasn't the same competitor we saw in the first few episodes, where he was almost untouchable. Like Gigi in US Season 12, he peaked too early.

by Anonymousreply 365June 10, 2021 4:24 PM

Silky come back! We want all the tea!

by Anonymousreply 366June 10, 2021 10:13 PM

Sulky Gash has no time for the DL.

Like a hummingbird, she must eat constantly to stay in the air.

by Anonymousreply 367June 10, 2021 11:07 PM

Yeah I'm kind of intrigued, but mostly mortified, that four LOUD plus sized queens will be competing together in All Stars 6.

by Anonymousreply 368June 10, 2021 11:45 PM

r348, Ginger is "loud?" Really?

by Anonymousreply 369June 10, 2021 11:51 PM

Gurl....JIggly lost weight. She is TINY. Me and Eureka broke three couches. Damn we are close to 1000 pounds sitting down. Skinny bitches beware.

by Anonymousreply 370June 11, 2021 12:21 AM

I love you, Silky!

by Anonymousreply 371June 11, 2021 12:23 AM

R371 = Silky

by Anonymousreply 372June 11, 2021 12:26 AM

Silky, what type of guy are you into?

by Anonymousreply 373June 11, 2021 12:26 AM

r372 = Kandy "Top Two" Muse

by Anonymousreply 374June 11, 2021 12:27 AM

Silky, do you regret 'that trip' with Vanjie?

by Anonymousreply 375June 11, 2021 12:27 AM

Hey Silky! Next time don't disappear just because you got some heat re: the Mexico thing. You shouldn't have lied about not being there. Everyone has fucking camera phones these days. Just smile and say yeah, not my smartest move ever, and keep the covo rolling. Otherwise we end up wondering what other stuff you might not have been truthful about.

Good interview with Bimini at the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 11, 2021 12:29 AM

r375 gurl yes. It was a mistake but I didn't go to perform. It was dumb I am sorry. r373 To quote Mya The last thing I need is a man that's soft He betta get it on up and break me off Some a that fly high rise, 6' 5", ain't shy And that's the kinda man I need

by Anonymousreply 377June 11, 2021 12:31 AM

R377 Well, i am glad you back, ya nutty tart.

by Anonymousreply 378June 11, 2021 12:32 AM

r375 luv you gurl. I can't say much about AS6 cuz I ain't getting the Tamisha Iman treatment but it is sooooo goood.

by Anonymousreply 379June 11, 2021 12:34 AM

Silky, any thoughts on Down Under or Spain?

by Anonymousreply 380June 11, 2021 12:34 AM

Silky, you don't owe anyone an apology. Most of the posters on this site ain't been anywhere in 30 years. Just cover your tracks better next time. You're funny and informative. But not really needed. Pop in or pop off. Who the fuck cares? Still, there are some real men in this place and we don't need the admonishment of old white queers who haven't been to a drag show since Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 381June 11, 2021 12:37 AM

r380 I got two words Elecktra Shock...okay three words. DAYUM DAT DICK. Espana. Them gurls speak so fast Vanjie has to read the subtitles too.

by Anonymousreply 382June 11, 2021 12:37 AM

Silky!!!! Bring the other girls here sometime! We'd love to talk to all of you!

by Anonymousreply 383June 11, 2021 12:42 AM

Oh ....some of them are here gurl. They are lurking,

by Anonymousreply 384June 11, 2021 12:45 AM

Oh okay! Thanks Silky!

by Anonymousreply 385June 11, 2021 12:46 AM

R384 CAMP! Vanjie, we love you big fat cock.

by Anonymousreply 386June 11, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote]Silky, what type of guy are you into?

Most likely living ones.

by Anonymousreply 387June 11, 2021 8:09 AM

I honestly don’t care about her little trip. I cared then, but in hindsight, nothing happened. She didn’t get Covid, so clearly no harm no foul. It is funny how all the little bully hall monitors who tried to get IG famous by calling out “gays over covid” have lost all steam.

by Anonymousreply 388June 11, 2021 10:25 AM

I am glad that this season has so many big Queens. And, I am glad there isn’t any major front runner. Ginger is probably the biggest threat, but I wouldn’t rule out a good half of the cast. And, I like that we have so many big girls! Yvie was a bully on her season, so I am happy to see Silky back on our screens.

I couldn’t care less about Jan and Scarlet tho.

by Anonymousreply 389June 11, 2021 10:28 AM

Sounds from the comments like Paramount+ is going to get a torrent of new subscribers just to watch season 46 of a tired basic cable reality show. RuPaul has a lot of power!

by Anonymousreply 390June 11, 2021 10:32 AM

R390, Ru does, but in a very limited way- all the other shows he tried launching, Drag U, Celebrity Drag U, he talk show, AJ and the Queen did not connect with people. Very smart to franchise the show in other countries though. I do miss DR Thailand. I wish there was another DR in Asia..

Cameron and Vanjie have a little show on Wow + about the basics of gay sex, and Vangie is her usual hilarious self. Also the face is going back to normal, thank the gods.

by Anonymousreply 391June 11, 2021 11:35 AM

R391 I don't know if it's really to his detriment that he has created a lot of shows that haven't lasted more than one season. He gets paid for every one of them, and if migrating Drag Race to VH1 increased ratings for VH1 and if moving DRAS to Paramount+ increases Paramount+ subscriptions significantly, then RuPaul Charles's currency in TV programming is going to go through the roof and he will keep getting development deals. The failure of a series probably doesn't mean that much if he can drive viewers to migrate among channels and platforms.

by Anonymousreply 392June 11, 2021 11:43 AM

SILKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell the rest of the queens to stop telling Mayhem she a fucking amazing singer !!!!!!! Mayhem's SUCKS !!!!! All Mayhem does on her Instagram is sing and all her enablers jumping in a say, " amazing!" IT'S NOT! She has a fucking TERRIBLE voice! Stop lying to her! Horrid voice! She needs to shut her delusional hole!

by Anonymousreply 393June 17, 2021 11:36 PM

What a specific rant, r393. Mayhem is cute as a man.

by Anonymousreply 394June 17, 2021 11:45 PM

So what if Mayhem is cute as a man? He's one of those ancient L.A. bar queens. Like Detox,Morgan, Raja and Delta. None of them are very talented but they rule their tiny piece of property. Hamburger fucking Marys. Really mean old bitches. Mayhem tried for 10 years to get on Drag Race and then we saw that she had nothing more to offer than a few good dresses. He's not talented and is indeed, a very terrible live singer. Don't do it.

He's cute and has nice skin. That doesn't mean we have to listen to him sing.

by Anonymousreply 395June 18, 2021 12:01 AM

Detox lives in Chicago now.

by Anonymousreply 396June 18, 2021 1:47 AM

Detox has a very modest and kitschy house, next to his sisters I think. Something very likeable about Detox deep inside I think.

The rest of the trans, non binary boys and girls should just throw away their tucking panties and pasties.

Miss Fame is GORGEOUS. Boy/Girl, who cares? He's so beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 19, 2021 10:23 PM

Trinity the Tuck is looking like Mid Stage Nicole Kidman crossed with a scary guy from the playground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398June 21, 2021 6:53 PM

He looks like a fucking idiot Can you imagine how that face is going to look 10 years from now?

by Anonymousreply 399June 22, 2021 12:46 AM

Lawrence Chaney has COVID. (Scotland isn't offering vaccines to those under 30 yet.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400June 25, 2021 2:43 AM

Oh shit that's not good. Hang in there Lawrence!

by Anonymousreply 401June 25, 2021 3:05 AM

....Now that's out of the way, back to checking out Bimini's latest hot look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402June 25, 2021 3:12 AM

I remember Priyanka and Brooke Lynn had Covid (I think they got it in London) last...Dec? Hopefully Lawrence got the original variant rather than the Delta one.

by Anonymousreply 403June 25, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote]Hopefully Lawrence got the original variant rather than the Delta one.

The Delta Works one makes you fat.

by Anonymousreply 404June 25, 2021 2:48 PM

Per r/SpoiledDragRace, AS7 is filming and will be an all-winners (regular and All Stars) season.

Likely queens:

[bold]Jaida Essence Hall,[/bold] S12

[bold]Jinkx Monsoon,[/bold] S5

[bold]Monét X Change[bold] and [bold]Trinity "The Tuck" Taylor,[/bold] AS4

[bold]Raja,[/bold] S3

[bold]Shea Couleé,[/bold] AS5

[bold]The Vivienne,[/bold] DRUK S1

[bold]Yvie Oddly,[/bold] S11

Unlikely but still possible: [bold]Angele Anang,[/bold] [italic]Drag Race Thailand[/italic] S2

by Anonymousreply 405June 27, 2021 3:25 AM

R405 Oh god, that's kind of a mess. WTF is Jinkx thinking? She's one of the most fascinating Queens to come out of this show. She's miles above the rest here, though I do like The Vivienne.

Yvie. Ugh. Worst. Winner. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 406June 27, 2021 3:39 AM

Teaser for DRUK S3. This season allegedly filmed an episode per day due to filming for [italic]All-Stars International[/italic] coming so closely behind. Willam claims on [Italic]Race Chaser[/italic] that the queens were so stressed and overworked that the show's mental health counselor quit in disgust. One queen had to leave after being injured in a challenge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407June 27, 2021 3:47 AM

r407 Willam would know - he is in the UK doing a play on the west end.

by Anonymousreply 408June 27, 2021 3:51 AM

Yep, r408 Say what one might about Willam, he's usually got solid info, which I think is why Ru is kind of scared of him.

by Anonymousreply 409June 27, 2021 3:55 AM

UK S3 cast per Reddit:

[bold]Anubis Finch,[/italic] Brighton

[bold]Charity Kase,[/bold] London

[bold]Choriza May,[/bold] Newcastle; originally from Valencia, Spain

[bold]Elektra Fence,[/bold] London

[bold]Ella Vaday,[/bold] London

[bold]Kitty Scott-Claus,[/bold] London

[bold]Krystal Versace,[/bold] London

[bold]River Medway,[/bold] Kent

[bold]Scarlett Harlett,[/bold] London

[bold]Vanity Milan,[/bold] London

[bold]Veronica Green[/bold] (S2), London

[bold]Victoria Scone,[/bold] Cardiff, Wales; the Drag Race franchise's first bioqueen

by Anonymousreply 410June 27, 2021 4:11 AM

I am glad Veronica will be back. I really liked her and I think there was some real potential there. Appealingly fishy, too.

by Anonymousreply 411June 27, 2021 4:13 AM

Bioqueen...Oy.

Go Veronica!

by Anonymousreply 412June 27, 2021 4:18 AM

Victoria Scone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413June 27, 2021 4:22 AM

Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 414June 27, 2021 4:25 AM

Bioqueen????

by Anonymousreply 415June 27, 2021 4:28 AM

^ Non-trans woman

by Anonymousreply 416June 27, 2021 4:32 AM

See Gottwhocares? You could have kept your tits if you had just held out a bit longer.

No patience for that, and no patience for this bioqueen nonsense whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 417June 27, 2021 4:34 AM

Ditto

by Anonymousreply 418June 27, 2021 5:01 AM

I'm a woman, and this Bioqueen stuff is pissing me off. Although Dragula did it first (and she was a hot mess).

by Anonymousreply 419June 27, 2021 11:50 PM

^ Eve Hollow is non-binary, and yes, they was tiresome. Dragula also had a fantastic drag king winner, Landon Cider (who incidentally is a gorgeous woman out of drag).

Bioqueens are regular female women of the opposite sex who put on makeup to impersonate ladies. The ones I've seen online are dull and derivative. Creme Fatale, for example, looks like a Trixie Mattel knockoff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 28, 2021 12:04 AM

r420, I fucking love Landon, so glad she won.

by Anonymousreply 421June 28, 2021 1:51 AM

That's a Kim Chi ripoff R420. So is Trixie. Chicago queens. KimChi and Trixie go way back. When Trixie realized that she had no talent and couldn't be pretty - she started that hideous makeup and retro ugly drag.

by Anonymousreply 422June 28, 2021 2:06 AM

Cherry Valentine of DRUK S2, a registered nurse, has also tested positive for COVID after being fully vaccinated, but she's asymptomatic. Stacey McKenzie is positive as well and had to miss filming for S2 of [italic]Canada's Drag Race.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423June 28, 2021 6:01 PM

I don't think Stacey has COVID this late in the game - but Canada has a strict 14 day quarantine policy for every time you re-enter the country. Stacey is Canadian but like most other successful ones, probably lives in hideous L.A.

On a previous Canada's Drag Race thread I strongly advocated for Jay Manuel as one of the judges, if not the host. He's from Scarborough and more than experienced enough with reality TV. Gay, handsome (kinda) and all about the fashion and judging people. Canada knows him and so does the the world from ANTM. I think he would be perfect. Bring back Mary Walsh as the third judge - to judge performance, humour and heart. She was fantastic last year and is always fantastic to be honest. Can't beat a radical feminist from NFLD.

by Anonymousreply 424June 29, 2021 1:54 AM

[quote]I don't think Stacey has COVID this late in the game - but Canada has a strict 14 day quarantine policy for every time you re-enter the country. Stacey is Canadian but like most other successful ones, probably lives in hideous L.A.

Good point—I think she lives part of the year in Canada and part of the year in Jamaica.

by Anonymousreply 425June 29, 2021 2:26 AM

The new regular judges joining Brooke Lynn for CDR Season 2 are Amanda Brugel, The Hilarious Brad Goreski, and Traci Melchior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426June 29, 2021 4:51 PM

I love Traci, she is a friend of mine and she LOVES the drag scene. But she had a pretty small role last year. Hopefully they'll give her more to do in Season 2. She has a lot of gigs in entertainment.

Brad Goreski is a very good choice. Carson Kressley is NOT a fashion mentor or guru. He's a badly dressed old queen who can't dance. Goreski knows FASHION! And he's witty. Good job Canada.

by Anonymousreply 427June 29, 2021 10:21 PM

Yay Traci! She was great on the 1st season.

by Anonymousreply 428June 30, 2021 3:33 PM

Brad is hot AF

by Anonymousreply 429June 30, 2021 5:03 PM

This is too bizarre for colour TV: Kandy Muse is Cindy Brady and Bianca Del Rio plays mom Carol???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 30, 2021 5:40 PM

R430 Nice to see Eve Plumb having fun. Why didn’t Maureen appear?

by Anonymousreply 431June 30, 2021 5:45 PM

Rita Baga's Bardot lewk for [Italic]Elle Québec[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 30, 2021 6:41 PM

[italic]Drag Race Italia[/italic] is coming in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433June 30, 2021 6:45 PM

Hi Brad! Glad you could chime in at R429

by Anonymousreply 434June 30, 2021 7:01 PM

There are way too iterations going on at once to keep up with.

by Anonymousreply 435June 30, 2021 7:45 PM

Rita Baga looks nothing like Bardot. But she did a wicked Edith Piaf in snatch game. Her look at R432 is more like Anjelica Huston in The Grifters.

by Anonymousreply 436June 30, 2021 8:58 PM

Everyone's favorites, Violet and Gottmik collaborate on making Gottmik feel like a woman!! Violet is such a hot piece of trade out of drag. He didn't need to have the bump removed from his nose, but he's still a man snack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437June 30, 2021 10:18 PM

Tommaso Zorzi, one of the judges of [italic]Drag Race Italia,[/italic] is getting cancelled for sucking up to an odious right-wing, anti-gay politician on a talk show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438July 1, 2021 12:32 AM

WOW Presents. That LSFYL between Trinity K and LAGANGA was epic. Top ten of all time. Laganga, who knew? I thought you were banned. Haus of Edwards in her blood. She's medicated, Okuuuur?

by Anonymousreply 439July 2, 2021 5:33 AM

Bianca Del Rio appears to have been stung by thousands of bees. In NYC. Overfilled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440July 4, 2021 2:51 AM

R440 He talks a bit about his lip filler situation and some regrets in the Instagram Live he did recently with Adore. Go for that, but stay for the whole thing (though there were reception issues), these two are so fun and adorable together. I love how they are IRL buddies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441July 4, 2021 8:21 PM

Apparently, this has been put behind a paywall. Two things: It really isn't that expensive to have an account. Second: If you need someone to put up a part 2 (which will get "paywalled" anyway) Please let us paying citizens know so we can put up a link to the new discussion.

Which is here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442July 10, 2021 2:55 PM

FYI...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443July 11, 2021 5:59 PM

Is there another thread for this or has it just been quiet?

If there is another thread for it, please post the link.

by Anonymousreply 444July 22, 2021 3:57 PM

Nevermind....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445July 22, 2021 3:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!