Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag Race Spain - Season One.

Jesus, they talk fast. Disagree with the winner and the loser. But a fuck load better than Down Under already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 3, 2021 12:27 AM

We've only watched the entrances, so far. But that has been better than any RPDR entrance since - well - in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2021 11:14 AM

Dovima Nurmi (love her name): Violet Chachki

Saggitaria: Aquaria

These queens are a breath of fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2021 2:29 PM

Carmen is hot as fuck. That grey t-shirt, white jeans look was smashing.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2021 7:16 PM

• I like the minuscule RuPaul presence. Miss Supremme is a great host so far.

• LOVE the production values. Come THROUGH, Miss Budget!

• The judges' critiques were specific and helpful.

• Carmen was robbed. LOL

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2021 7:30 PM

The bottom two should have been Arantxa and Pupi Poisson, with Arantxa going home.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2021 8:51 PM

I love Arantxa as a personality, but her fashion is sloppy. And I can't believe queens [italic]still[/italic] go on Drag Race in 2021 without knowing how to sew.

That LSFYL song was something. Very Almodóvar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2021 9:09 PM

I hope they do a lipsync to Señora Rocío Jurado.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2021 9:18 PM

Really glad they have a canary island Queen. I watch their huge show every year and they do some amazing stuff. And those hilariously high shoes.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2021 9:28 PM

This is interesting. It's the second non-English-language Drag Race I've watched and I find it a little easier to follow than Drag Race Holland because in the Dutch one, the contestants and judges switched constantly between Dutch and English. It threw off my processor to read subtitles when half the language was English. It also set me up to expect this series to use some English, but even the famous catch phrases here are presented in Spanish.

I'm struck by how closely one of them resembles Raven out of drag.

I don't know much about Spain. This wiki breaks down contestants' ethnicities into Andalusian, Catalan, Canarian, etc. I might actually learn something cultural from this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote] Among ancient Romans in Spain, sexual interaction between men was viewed as commonplace and marriages between men occurred during the early Roman Empire, but a law against homosexuality was promulgated by Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans, and Roman moral norms underwent significant changes leading up to the 4th century Laws against sodomy were later established during the legislative period. They were first repealed from the Spanish Code in 1822, but changed again along with societal attitudes towards homosexuality during the Spanish Civil War and Francisco Franco's regime.

Fukkin Christians.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2021 10:16 PM

It's already so much better than Drag Race Down Under.

Why is the Aussie one so bad?

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2021 11:31 PM

R11 cause its cheaply made?

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2021 12:11 AM

Probably because they had to last minute change from Australia to New Zealand. All new crew building new sets, etc.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2021 1:34 AM

R11 They lost access to most of the talent that was lined up and had no time to line up NZ talent. Fuck, we have Neil Gaiman and Amanda fucking Palmer living here now. Great talent. And Karl Urban lives here with Katee Sackoff. I like to think if the production had time and local contacts it could have actually been something good. But this is shit. And so cheap. As. Chips.

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2021 5:27 AM

Carmen is the trade of the fucking decade. woof.

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2021 1:40 PM

Pupi Poisson is arguably as famous in Spain as Supremme De Luxe. She had a viral hit with this novelty song and competed on [italic]Got Talent España.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2021 2:26 PM

I imagine drag queens from Spain being effortlessly bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2021 2:34 PM

R14 The Kiwi queens are the only good part of the entire season.

R17 This season of Down Under has some of the cuntiest queens in the history of the franchise. Australian girls are fucking vicious, like it’s not even funny shade, they’re just terrible to eachother.

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2021 2:47 PM

Will there be a backlash of their constant use of the fag word?

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2021 4:14 PM

R19 I was surprised by the amount of times they say it so casually

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2021 4:47 PM

Their slang can't be held to American cultural standards, oy. It's an entirely different country and the connotation likely is quite different among gay people there.

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2021 8:03 PM

I had an erotic dream about Carmen.

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2021 1:57 AM

Carmen SLAYED the runway this week.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2021 6:37 AM

Since she met Miles when he was young, she probably molded him into her perfect gay bestie! That being said I'm sure she encouraged him to come out and live truthfully...but something seems odd, she seems a bit too controlling at times, even if she means well.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2021 12:30 PM

Ugh sorry wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2021 12:31 PM

Loved the [italic]Veneno[/italic] runway and Miss Paca as guest judge. The girl-group challenge was no "UK Hun?" but way better than the one from DRDU.

Some Spanish squirrelfriends on the DRE subreddit are pissed at the judges this week for not respecting Canarian drag, which draws its inspiration from ancient island mythology. The indigenous gods and goddesses were giants—hence the platform boots.

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2021 4:50 PM

R26 Those canary island drag shows are fucking incredible. Always an enjoyable four hours of drag insanity.

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2021 8:44 PM

r26 they can respect it but if she wants to win drag race she needs more than one giant drag woman look.

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2021 11:32 PM

Carmen is sweet hot sex on legs.

by Anonymousreply 29June 13, 2021 8:29 AM

¡DRAMA! in the new episode

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2021 8:41 AM

The first two queens in this lineup are HOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2021 9:35 AM

Is binary such a big deal in Spain? Some people are sore losers and don't want to fight. That said, I'm starting to like Dovima. Carmen's runway outfit was such a cop out-it was so basic.

by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2021 11:01 AM

Pupi Poisson is the Spanish Art Simone. Talks a big game, is surprisingly shit in the challenges, but the judges are going to push her to the final.

by Anonymousreply 33June 14, 2021 11:03 AM

I love this cast. It's one of my favorite Drag Race seasons, and I really thought while watching Down Under and after the last US season that I had grown so tired of it I might never enjoy the show again.

I'n also intrigued by the Spanish itself. I have never liked the sound of the Spanish language but I find in this series that I do. I don't understand Spanish and so I have never really paid much attention to European vs. American Spanish but can anyone comment on this? All I ever knew about Spanish language as spoken is Spain is that people from Barthalona listhp. Is the sound of Spanish in Spain generally regarded as more pleasant sounding, like how British accents often are regarded as more aesthetically appealing than American and Australian accents, French in France sounds more refined than Canadian, African, etc. dialects of French?

by Anonymousreply 34June 14, 2021 11:11 AM

Pre-season speculation had Dovima as the bitch of the cast, but I like her a lot. She's a great narrator with a dry sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 35June 14, 2021 6:28 PM

Where are you all watching the episodes?

I'm in the US and have no idea where to watch this show.

by Anonymousreply 36June 14, 2021 7:37 PM

r36 WOW Presents Plus - 3.99 a month.

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2021 2:28 AM

Drag Vulcano out of drag = yum yum

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2021 2:33 AM

I want Carmen to do very bad things to me.

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2021 2:36 AM

Carmen is gorgeous out of drag and he seems witty with some humility. He seems to be marked as an obvious finalist.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2021 9:21 AM

Carmen Farala in drag is what Carmen Carrera could have been if she actually had talent.... or a personality. Love her.

Arantxa still being around is baffling to me. She comes off as complete filler, with terrible runways. It's too bad those Canary Islands trademark boots impeded Drag Vulcano's movement in her lip sync against Arantxa.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2021 5:58 PM

I think Arantxa is very cute and very positive.

I love his personality. I want him to be my boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2021 6:05 PM

Arantxa is an annoying squealer. Any time anything happens, she squeals like a pre-teen girl at a BTS concert. You can have her R54, just make sure to keep your dick in her mouth and keep her quiet.

by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2021 9:02 PM

Anyone have tea on whether or not Dovima and Carmen are dating? They are all over eachother on social media and Dovima’s latest Instagram stories about Carmen coming to stay with her are downright romantic.

by Anonymousreply 44June 22, 2021 1:23 AM

Arantxa is a grown man obsessed with Hannah Montana. Hard pass!

by Anonymousreply 45June 22, 2021 5:05 PM

r45 Arantxa never wore a corset. He looked like a man in a dress the whole time. No padding, no titties. It was bad.

by Anonymousreply 46June 22, 2021 5:30 PM

R46 I agree. Also, while I’m really enjoying the show… I wish more of them would wear nails or gloves in drag. Lazy man hands does ruin the illusion somewhat. Even Carmen Farala doesn’t most of the time which seems strange given how much attention she pays to the rest of her look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 22, 2021 8:59 PM

The more I see of Dovima Nurmi - the more it becomes apparent that he is a very unpleasant person.

by Anonymousreply 48June 22, 2021 11:29 PM

R48 I actually find Dovima extremely entertaining. Her dry humor reads very British to me.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2021 1:40 AM

No R49.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2021 2:39 AM

Why do the Spanish just seen trashy to me? I expected them to be more old world sophisticated.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2021 2:54 AM

R51 They live in 2021 and they're on RuPaul's Drag Race and they're men who dress like giant freakwomen with silicone boob bibs.

What kind of old world charm did you expect? Did you think they'd all be like the matador from Madonna's Take a Bow video?

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2021 2:56 AM

Their drag is very narrow in foucs, Hence the giant queen evern getting out of her giant getup They are much more unpolished.

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2021 2:57 AM

r52 yeah maybe. But seriously, compared to some of the US contestants, this lot seem like they smoke 9 packs a day and are on the street running tricks or they sell hard drugs as a side hustle.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2021 3:50 PM

Snatch Game was wack but in a good way. This YouTuber explains the references.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 26, 2021 10:01 AM

R20 I'm spanish and "fag" has the exact same connotations here, we dont care, performative wokeness is frowned upon. (Wich is why I love pupi so much, when other girls try to be vUlnErAble and act for the camera shes the one to laugh at them)

by Anonymousreply 56June 26, 2021 10:35 AM

To the people who have criticized the constestants' appearances, attitudes and words by comparing them to US contestants, noting commonalities among the Spanish queens that you want to be more like the American ones—what is the point of international franchises to you if all you want is more of the same? If the US contestants are mostly sensitive to the 'f word' and the Spanish contestants all use the 'f word' liberally and without offense, then that should clue us in that there's an obvious cultural difference in how the word is received by gay culture in Spain. It's so bizarre to me that people would watch a series from another country and be offended that that country doesn't have the same cultural norms as their own. I can really only imagine insular American viewers responding this way.

by Anonymousreply 57June 26, 2021 11:23 AM

Where are you all watching this? WOW Presents Plus? Is there somewhere *else* where one could acquire these episodes?

by Anonymousreply 58June 26, 2021 8:59 PM

Here, ya fat whore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 26, 2021 11:35 PM

The judges are all Pupistans. Pupi could shit on the stage and they’d call it a major performance piece worthy of an award.

by Anonymousreply 60June 27, 2021 12:09 AM

She does have the best name poopy poison

by Anonymousreply 61June 27, 2021 3:55 AM

R59 Thank you! I am not giving WOW a penny!

by Anonymousreply 62June 27, 2021 4:00 PM

Are any Spanish-speaking Americans watching? I'm curious how the Spanish dialects of the contestants compare with the ones you're used to hearing in the Americas. Is it in a way like British English sounds to Americans?

by Anonymousreply 63June 28, 2021 12:50 AM

I hate Dovima. His being friends with Carmen makes me like Carmen less.

The bullying is really shitty.

by Anonymousreply 64June 28, 2021 1:30 AM

I'm so glad I decided to watch this! I just finished all the episodes that've aired so far, and it's just SO good.

I especially adore the host. Stunning in drag, so handsome out of drag, so personable, and so fun to watch. It's clear he really loves what he's doing.

The US show hasn't been this much fun in nearly a decade.

by Anonymousreply 65June 28, 2021 4:22 AM

Loved this episode's LSFYL song and guest judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 28, 2021 9:25 AM

I need more Drag Race ETHSPANÁ!

by Anonymousreply 67June 28, 2021 2:46 PM

Dovima was a real cunt on this week's episode. I don't think he has a dry sense of humor - he's just a basic cunt. He needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 68June 28, 2021 3:41 PM

She's trying so hard to get the cunt/bitchy/villain edit

by Anonymousreply 69June 28, 2021 6:31 PM

R63 I speak Spanish - but I understand Latin American Spanish much better. Their regional dialects can be difficult. It is very lispy.

by Anonymousreply 70June 28, 2021 7:51 PM

^ Alaska ("la otra Alaska"), the singer who was last episode's guest judge, was born in Mexico and moved to Spain as a child. I only know a few words of Spanish here and there, but I noticed that she doesn't lisp.

by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2021 2:46 AM

I binged the first 5 episodes of the season last night and, so far, I've really enjoyed it!

Supremme Deluxe is a really great host. He reminds me a lot of Art Arya/Pangina Heals from Drag Race Thailand, warm personalities who seem to care about the girls. Basically, the polar opposite of RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 72July 2, 2021 3:30 PM

R72 He also reminds me personality wise of the Netherlands host.

I was really surprised to learn from "Bussy" that Drag Race Holland is the lowest-rated series so far, followed by Down Under. I really liked the Holland one and I hope it returns.

I have a feeling RuPaul doesn't care how much his shows flop at this point.

I listened to his podcast and he sounded very excited about his talk show and it went nowhere. I don't think it was even broadcast nationally.

Then he was REALLY excited about AJ and the Queen and he seemed to go into a real depression when it was canceled and got meh reviews.

I recently rewatched a season seven episode and one of the teams in a singing assignment about RuPaul made a joke about Drag U being "not your best effort" or something and he looked p-i-s-s-e-d and asked them why they said that and (I think) Ginger Minj said, "well, it wasn't your best effort" with a laugh and he sneered "IT CHANGED LIVES, but OK." He didn't seem to be playing.

I think he has taken some of his projects seriously for whatever reasons and now he is resigned to Drag Race being a living cash cow that can just popping off new versions until people get sick of the show. And they probably won't in other areas as countries are excited to get their own franchise.

Trixie joked a couple of weeks ago that "every city and county in the world has a Drag Race franchise now. Drag Race: Sonoma! The winner of Drag Race: Sonoma gets...a vineyard!"

by Anonymousreply 73July 2, 2021 3:58 PM

There's a Fashion Photo Ruview with Nicky Doll and Alexis Mateo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 2, 2021 10:58 PM

This most recent episode will be remembered as one of the best episodes of Drag Race in franchise history.

by Anonymousreply 75July 4, 2021 10:07 PM

It’s interesting that they just let Dovima leave the show on “her own terms.” Ru would have read her the fuckin’ riot act!!

by Anonymousreply 76July 4, 2021 10:55 PM

I just love Supreme Deluxxe so much.

by Anonymousreply 77July 4, 2021 11:45 PM

Dovi told Ana on "Tras La Carrera" (Whatcha Packin') that she apologized to Hugáceo for being such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 78July 5, 2021 8:15 AM

That's good to hear R78 because Dovima was a really unpleasant cunt to Hugáceo. Dovima's behavior was appalling and pathetic to watch.

Dovima has redeemed himself this week.

by Anonymousreply 79July 5, 2021 8:58 AM

Just give Carmen the win, and please not the fucking poisoned dwarf that starred in Don't Look Now.

by Anonymousreply 80July 5, 2021 9:10 AM

What's with the young Spanish queens just quitting?

by Anonymousreply 81July 7, 2021 2:30 PM

Two queens quit the first season of US Drag Race as well. Tammy Brown didn't lipsync, and somebody else, their name escapes me, stepped down.

by Anonymousreply 82July 7, 2021 5:38 PM

If Tammy Brown doesn't need a personal conservator, then Britney Spears doesn't need one.

by Anonymousreply 83July 7, 2021 5:43 PM

R82 Shannel.

by Anonymousreply 84July 7, 2021 7:22 PM

R82 Oh yes, Shannel! She said her own name when she was asked: "who should be eliminated?" The way she quit reminds me a lot of why Inti quit. They just didn't feel appreciated/understood by the judges.

"I *AM* A BEAUTIFUL PERSON, internally AND on the outside!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 8, 2021 2:59 AM

R85 Love how she tried to step it back and they were not having it, No, fuck off Shannel, you stupid fat bitch.

by Anonymousreply 86July 8, 2021 3:04 AM

¡FERNANDO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 12, 2021 6:45 AM

Shannel had a point - she was walking down the runway juggling fire and she was read for her look while Rebecca Glasscock was wearing Ross Dress for Less and getting praise. Santino was especially hard on her.

by Anonymousreply 88July 12, 2021 8:36 PM

OMG the makeover challenge. I want Fernando to fuck me till I pass out.

by Anonymousreply 89July 12, 2021 11:34 PM

I thought they overdid the lusting after Fernando.

But it was a good episode.

by Anonymousreply 90July 12, 2021 11:38 PM

Fernando sounded like he had a massive cock. Very nice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 13, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote]If Tammy Brown doesn't need a personal conservator, then Britney Spears doesn't need one.

I still love the comment from our very first Drag Race thread that Tammie calls to mind an MGM starlet who had a stroke but still goes to red-carpet events for the free food.

by Anonymousreply 92July 13, 2021 4:22 AM

It was time for Pupi to go, but I loved how her makeover guy, "Pepi Pasión," looked like a giant-size version of her.

by Anonymousreply 93July 13, 2021 4:26 AM

I really liked Pupi but she was rough as guts. The others were musch more polished (only just for Sagittaria who probably could have gone instead of Pupi).

It's very obvious that Carmen Farala will win. The costumes she makes are outrageously good.

by Anonymousreply 94July 13, 2021 9:01 AM

Pupi looked like Baby Jane. That's totally appropriate for a drag show and a welcome break from Aquaria/Saggitaria/Gigi types IMO.

R94 As soon as the episode ended, I caught myself thinking, "this was such a great season...but there's no real point in watching the ending since Carmen can't lose."

I loved Carmen throughout the season until the romance with Dovima. Everyone else seems to accept his 'redemption,' but he was so fucking evil and hurtful to Hug on the episode before he quit that I am left despising him, and Carmen's alliance with him turns me off to Carmen. Carmen is still the obvious winner being superior in all ways to the others, but she's got poor taste in romantic partners.

by Anonymousreply 95July 13, 2021 10:11 AM

I'm mad pupi went home over sagittaria, idk, being young and pretty can only do so much.

by Anonymousreply 96July 13, 2021 10:24 AM

I'm not mad about it but I find it kind of annoying and it lessens my interest in drag overall.

Young people with good skin can just paint on makeup and look pretty and get compliments for it.

If there's talent in drag, it's the magic of transformation: turning a odd looking man, a giant man, an old man, a fat man into a parody of a woman with a distinct alter-ego personality.

Skinny twinks putting on makeup and a wig and imitating poses from fashion magazines are fine insofar as playing dress up and having fun and picking up Johns who are into chicks with dicks, but it's easy and lazy drag and it doesn't merit winning awards.

by Anonymousreply 97July 13, 2021 10:32 AM

r97 Come on Pupi was barely trying and I think that is why she got the axe. Killer Queen is a the dark horse in this competition. Carmen being the obivious but I still thikn Killer has a chance, she has a much better story.

by Anonymousreply 98July 13, 2021 1:26 PM

R95 Dovima was a bitch, but... "evil"? Come on. She's not the second coming of RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 99July 13, 2021 2:05 PM

So weird, this pic of Fernando came up on my Instagram search tab hours [italic]before[/italic] I watched this latest episode that prominently featured him.

He IS gorgeous, but I also found the club president cute in the face. A small mercy he wasn't involved in the makeover itself, Lord knows what they could have possibly done with a giant like him.

Pupi deserved to go; the outfit she had on was worse than the one she made for Pepi. How does that happen?

The finale is merely a formality at this point because Carmen is so obviously going to win (as she should). I'm curious to see how the reunion show is going to turn out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 13, 2021 3:10 PM

This makeover show far surpasses almost every other Drag Race in the world, save for Thailand S2.

by Anonymousreply 101July 13, 2021 6:02 PM

I dunno I think nothing can surpass Mizz Cracker's makeover on s10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 13, 2021 6:39 PM

r192, I meant overall- they all did a great job of making their charges look like them. Miz Cracker's is on another level.

by Anonymousreply 103July 13, 2021 6:50 PM

Miz Cookie was a masterpiece, bu Miss Carla Farala was every bit as good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 14, 2021 10:52 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Carmen made over her person to look like Dovima?

by Anonymousreply 105July 14, 2021 11:00 PM

I love Carmen but she picked the man with the most feminine features making it easy. Cracker got a guy with a beard - no idea what was under there. Carmen made both outfits though I don't think Cracker did.

by Anonymousreply 106July 14, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote] Everyone else seems to accept Dovima's 'redemption,' but he was so fucking evil and hurtful to Hug on the episode before he quit that I am left despising him

100% spot on R95. Dovima left a very bad taste in my mouth after the way he behaved towards Hugáceo Crujiente. That was fucking appalling and it wasn't an act.

by Anonymousreply 107July 15, 2021 12:23 AM

Hugo = Mama Queen.

by Anonymousreply 108July 15, 2021 12:50 AM

Killer Queen's regular job away from drag is ... emergency room physician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 25, 2021 9:09 AM

R109 Love her

by Anonymousreply 110July 25, 2021 9:11 AM

Great. She’ll have something to fill her time when she is runner-up to Carmen.

by Anonymousreply 111July 25, 2021 9:38 AM

Just saw the commercial for Drag Race Holland season 2 (August 6). I'm relieved. I saw that season one of Holland is the lowest-rated season of all the series but I really liked it.

The lower-budget seasons are always the best. (OK, not Down Under. That was the worst.) I really, really hate that as the US budget has grown, 90 percent of the challenges are all memorized choreography. The show is at its best when it features creativity, not making the contestants dance like Britney Spears over and over.

by Anonymousreply 112July 25, 2021 12:05 PM

[quote]Just saw the commercial for Drag Race Holland season 2 (August 6). I'm relieved. I saw that season one of Holland is the lowest-rated season of all the series but I really liked it.

I hope they replace Nikkie Plessen as a regular judge. HATED HUH.

by Anonymousreply 113July 25, 2021 4:14 PM

Just watched the finale and the winner is………

by Anonymousreply 114July 25, 2021 9:20 PM

Great season, amazing winner 👏🏼👏🏼

by Anonymousreply 115July 25, 2021 11:42 PM

So much better than Down Under. Love the winner, hot as chips.

by Anonymousreply 116July 26, 2021 12:06 AM

I'm amazed Carmen said RuPaul's song lyrics are stupid and the comment wasn't edited out.

by Anonymousreply 117July 26, 2021 12:17 AM

I loved Carmen even more for saying that, R117.

by Anonymousreply 118July 26, 2021 4:06 AM

What a fantastic choice for the final lip sync song, in a season full of great song choices.

Supremme deserves all the props for being an amazing host, and Carmen winning was the only logical choice, she was by far the best.

by Anonymousreply 119July 26, 2021 4:48 AM

Supreme was so great too, not looking forward to Holland's new season mostly cause of the host and judges.

by Anonymousreply 120July 26, 2021 12:15 PM

Carmen was the obvious winner from day one. Well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 121July 26, 2021 12:18 PM

Carmen looked great, but he never had a female illusion in the face. Figure/wig- yes, the face. Gorgeous man, though.

by Anonymousreply 122July 26, 2021 12:33 PM

I did not realize until the end that the two guys on the left were a gay couple. I thought Killer should have won. Carmen is beautiful but cold. Killer had a great story and I think she really evolved on the show.

by Anonymousreply 123July 26, 2021 4:13 PM

I can’t complain about Carmen winning. I liked Killer, but I think she needs juuuust a tad more polishing to be a great queen. Overall, this season was refreshing compared to S13 and Drag Race Down Under.

by Anonymousreply 124July 26, 2021 7:38 PM

It was close. Carmen was terrible in the video- they pretty much didn't feature any close-ups on her because she couldn't lipsync the words properly, and Killer/Sagi excelled. But Carmen did pull 2 reveals at the end, so I guess that trumped her video.

I really loved the solidarity all of them had, especially at the end when they were really cheering Carmen- it seemed so genuine. And I'm a little bit in love with Supremme- even with critiques, she's seems like a sweet soul, not the super bitch that Ru can be.

by Anonymousreply 125July 27, 2021 6:10 PM

I agree Carmen was terrible in that video r125, but honestly isn't doesn't matter. Going into that episode everyone knew Carmen was going to be crowned. I mean the judges could barely hide it when they talked to three candidates. No one had her body of work over the season.

by Anonymousreply 126July 27, 2021 6:21 PM

Yeah, the final crit to Sagittaria was basically, "You're...fine. And you should be proud that you made it so far."

Carmen was the best all season and the best overall.

The director/editors did a great job of manipulating expectations in the final episode, though. Carmen trashed RuPaul's lyrics. Carmen can't understand English. Carmen didn't perform as well as Killer at all. Yet Carmen triumphed.

I actually thought Carmen was revealed to be a bit of an asshole in the last few episodes. I thought she was totally fine all season and then when Dovima left, Carmen was practically possessed by her bad attitude.

by Anonymousreply 127July 27, 2021 6:40 PM

Hope there is a Season two.

by Anonymousreply 128July 30, 2021 9:55 PM

I think Killer and Pupi will be locks for an international All Stars season since they’re both bilingual.

by Anonymousreply 129July 31, 2021 6:13 AM

No comments about Valentina’s weird fey man-child look?

by Anonymousreply 130August 1, 2021 2:53 AM

The less said about that the better

by Anonymousreply 131August 1, 2021 5:06 AM

Hardly recognized her, R130!! Not good

by Anonymousreply 132August 3, 2021 12:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!