Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race: General/Off Season Discussion #2

The first thread is behind the pay wall. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 248April 13, 2023 12:33 AM

SILKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell the rest of the queens to stop telling Mayhem she a fucking amazing singer !!!!!!! Mayhem's SUCKS !!!!! All Mayhem does on her Instagram is sing and all her enablers jumping in a say, " amazing!" IT'S NOT! She has a fucking TERRIBLE voice! Stop lying to her! Horrid voice! She needs to shut her delusional hole!

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2021 2:11 AM

What a specific rant, [R393]. Mayhem is cute as a man.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2021 2:11 AM

So what if Mayhem is cute as a man? He's one of those ancient L.A. bar queens. Like Detox,Morgan, Raja and Delta. None of them are very talented but they rule their tiny piece of property. Hamburger fucking Marys. Really mean old bitches. Mayhem tried for 10 years to get on Drag Race and then we saw that she had nothing more to offer than a few good dresses. He's not talented and is indeed, a very terrible live singer. Don't do it.

He's cute and has nice skin. That doesn't mean we have to listen to him sing.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2021 2:11 AM

Detox lives in Chicago now.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2021 2:12 AM

I C&Ped the last few post from today on the 1st thread to start it off.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2021 2:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2021 5:11 PM

[Quote] Like Detox,Morgan, Raja and Delta. None of them are very talented but they rule their tiny piece of property. Hamburger fucking Marys. Really mean old bitches.

Bingo.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2021 9:03 PM

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2021 5:46 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2021 10:31 PM

It's Baaaaaack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 9:46 PM

It could be funny but I'm betting not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 9:49 PM

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 9:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 9:52 PM

A Cultural Moment.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2021 9:55 PM

Jaidynn is delish with Miley!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2021 2:29 AM

Jaymes Mansfield is doing some of the wigs on the Brady Bunch thing. I also LOVE Kit Harrington replied to her. Yum! Maybe he's into queens. Delish!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2021 7:22 PM

Jaymes just moved to Vegas and is now getting gigs with the other Vegas queens. Good for her. She's fab!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2021 7:23 PM

Symone doing some Tina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2021 7:30 PM

[quote] I also LOVE Kit Harrington replied to her.

Lol, that was a fan account. He could still be into queens, tho.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2021 10:34 PM

Watched the Brady abortion. Why are they trying to make Sonique happen?

by Anonymousreply 20July 4, 2021 10:00 PM

^ it was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 21July 4, 2021 10:02 PM

I love Jaymes!

by Anonymousreply 22July 4, 2021 10:02 PM

^ me too!

by Anonymousreply 23July 4, 2021 10:04 PM

I just rewatched season 8 and I am now watching season 9.

Some things that stand out to me:

—Pearl annoyed me the first time around but this time I found her sensitive and endearing. Also, the infamous "Do I have something on my face?" faceoff *did* seem to "wake up Pearl!" and motivate her to perform better. And Pearl won that very week, so RuPaul didn't really seem to be victimizing Pearl as has become the popular lore.

—I never registered that Shae and Sasha Velour were friends but midway through the season, the two of them suddenly seem to become close and cling to one another. That changes the whole dynamic of the finale IMO, especially since Shae claimed on All Stars to have been traumatized by losing. You'd think she could have been happy for her friend.

—The first time I watched, Sasha was a real standout and a favorite for me, along with Trinity. This time I realize it's a very mixed bag throughout the season. There are a lot of standout performers and personalities besides them, including especially Shae, Peppermint (both of whom I liked the first go around but neither stood out to me as being as creative or visually striking as Sasha) and Valentina. And...that brings me to...

—Alexis Michelle. What happened to her? She made it far but hasn't resurfaced on All Stars and I don't think I've seen her in any of the YouTube recaps, etc. She was really good a lot of the time. Her Liza Minnelli impression was one of the best and funniest ever of Snatch Game, her Kris Jenner was memorable, even her bombing of the Michelle Visage roast covered in green is memorable. Did she retire? Does everyone hate her? She didn't seem hateable on the show.

—All these years, I have been watching on my old HGTV from 2010. It was 42" and an early version of HD. I never got rid of it because it worked fine and I don't like to dispose of electronics. Someone gave me a new 50" TV for my birthday and 👁👄👁 wow, I had no idea what I was missing on this show. You can see the makeup caked on top of contestants' stubble. You can see...Aja is not the only one with skin problems! It's really a whole other story goin' on here. Half the contestants look the same to me as they did before and half look like men with spackle on their rough faces.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2021 1:23 PM

sex-ooooooooooo!

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2021 2:26 PM

Not fucking "sad". Pay your dues, you fucking losers.

Here is the link to the first thread, you useless OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2021 2:58 PM

Paywall you fucktard, r26. That's why this was started! DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2021 2:59 PM

Really? I had no idea! Such rapier wit r27

If you are so fucking poor that you can't afford a couple of dollars a month, go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2021 3:07 PM

R26 You appear to be the same subscriber who posted a link to this thread on the other thread ranting about people being too cheap to pay.

A lot of us have discussed this in threads dedicated to the topic, but here's my reason for not paying to subscribe: it's the content and the functioning of the site, not the cost.

I pay for many subscriptions of many types—newspapers, TV channels, magazines, apps. I don't pay for any subscription to any platform that hosts white supremacist content or other kinds of hatred that are rampant here, including hateful commentary about transgender people. Yes, I know you will defend that this content is not moderated. I don't share your point of view. I won't spend my money or associate my name with a website that will not moderate this kind of hate speech, even when I do seek out other discussions here. I can't do that on principle.

A lesser concern but nevertheless a concern is the functionality of the site. I regularly write responses and then hit reply only for the page to reload and my comment to disappear, for example. That's fine if I am not paying. If I were paying, that kind of glitch happening regularly would be enough to make me cancel my subscription.

Also, in order to subscribe, I'd need to give my name and credit card information to...who? The site is the opposite of transparent. The only administrator we know of lurks invisibly and operates like the wrathful YHWH of the Old Testament: there are some written site polities but they are rarely enforced and they don't seem to be enforced consistently or fairly. Otherwise, the administrators—whose names are unknown and who can't be reached—delete threads at will and do other things without explanation. The aforementioned hate speech threads and posters sometimes take over the site for many months at a time, usually during US elections, without any moderation at all, and then occasionally they are wiped out temporarily.

I would be happy to pay $2.99 per month or more for a site like this site IF it did not allow hate speech and if it functioned transparently and with fewer major tech glitches. Hell, I would pay $2.99 with the glitches if the hate speech were removed and administrators identified themselves even with annoying glitches. But when people here write about black people being animals, antisemitic shit, things about trans people that are exactly like what straight people used to say about gay people, I can't put my name and my money behind it. And that the site owners have prioritized allowing this content over growing paid subscribers tells me a lot about what they want this site to be. A lot of times it's fun bitchy gay content with occasional insight and illumination, but too often it reads like the comments section of Breitbart or Stormfront.

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2021 3:15 PM

Such originality, r28. Take your own advise, douche cunt. And take your MEDS, hon.

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2021 3:30 PM

My own "advise"? r30

Getting right on it you poor relation.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2021 3:35 PM

Alexis Michelle does not want to go back on DR - she got Birta level hate from Valentina's fans. She is doing that drag make over show on TLC With Throgy Bebe and JuJu.

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2021 6:07 PM

R32 Thanks. I had no idea. She didn't seem hateful toward Valentina. I liked her. She was obnoxious in one ep in particular but otherwise seemed among the best of the contestants. Very polished and fairly witty (relative to many others).

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2021 6:18 PM

Bravo for your post R29. I agree with every word. Thank you for stating it all so well.

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2021 6:23 PM

I thank you as well r29.

I had forgotten that Deidre Hall posted on the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 35July 11, 2021 6:28 PM

r33 Valentina's fans came for everyone. She got called out on the reunion for not stopping it. Shea said, "you could go on your instagram and aske then to stop it but you never did, you could go on twitter and stop it but you never did." Alexis got a lot of hate becasue she would blame her failings on others. She would make a shitty outfit then when called out about it complain no one told her it was shitty. Alexis does that show with JuJu, Bebe and Thorgy - she is just fine.

by Anonymousreply 36July 12, 2021 8:47 PM

a moment for one of the 2 best performances on all stars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 12, 2021 10:32 PM

Beautiful Bimini. I think she's gonna rock the world when her book comes out. I see film parts for her too. She's different from any and all the rest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2021 4:17 AM

I don't hate RuPaul like a lot of people do nowadays. I think he's creative and has a lot of gumption and resilience. I say that so I'm clear that what follows isn't meant to be condemning.

I reviewed his Wikipedia yesterday and was amazed how many projects he has done, many of which I don't remember.

RuPaul has put out a lot of albums. I have never bought them but of course I'm familiar with many songs because of Drag Race. I listened to extended clips of most yesterday and although it's not great music and his voice is a solid C, I give him big points for creative versatility. I was surprised to see that RuPaul writes all of his own music/lyrics, and more surprised that most of his albums have been produced and co-written by the profoundly mentally ill Lucian Piane. No wonder RuPaul has stood by him even after he called RuPaul an n*****. They must be very close given all the work they have done together.

It also occurred to me that RuPaul may have brilliantly licensed his songs to his own TV show in such a way as to pay him royalties every time a show re-airs. That alone would make him fabulously wealthy if he owns the publishing. All the international versions of Drag Race also feature his music, whether he hosts or not.

Many of us remember Drag U and AJ and the Queen, but I had forgotten a lot of his other one-and-done projects: Skin Wars (judge), Good Work (host), Gay for Play (host), The RuPaul Show (host). None got any footing. But I give him credit for continuing to plug along.

The awards thing is a curiosity. He spent a lot of time years ago on his podcast talking about why awards are meaningless and how people who get hung up on them need to do spiritual work, etc., and now he is regularly nominated for Emmys and proud as fuck about it. He has pointed out that he gets a lot of Emmy nominations, but still has never been nominated for a BET or NAACP award, which is a really interesting observation...

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2021 10:54 AM

yummy!

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2021 7:36 PM

Holy crap, I had no idea Naomi Smalls is 6'5" barefoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2021 2:01 AM

[italic]Drag Race Thailand[/italic] is coming back for a third season!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2021 4:24 AM

R39, Ru will never be nominated for an NAACP or BET award because the heterosexual black community is one of the most homophobic cultures in the world and have never, and will never be, allies to the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2021 6:08 AM

^ Fuck off you ancient white monster. Nobody would like you, from any culture.

by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2021 6:17 AM

Can someone explain body suits?

I've never seen a woman wearing what they call body suits on the show except as a bathing suit or maybe as a leotard for a gymnast.

And the judges constantly, constantly admonish contestants for wearing them.

And yet, contestants wear them as often as they wear anything else. Probably more often. Why??

I get that the garment may be useful for shaping the padding, etc., but why not put a dress over it if someone feels they have to wear a body suit?

I'm watching Season 10 right now and in the makeover episode, Monet X-Change (one of my favorites) put herself and her partner in bodysuits with skirts and then they both ripped off the skirt part on the runway—and no surprise, she ended up in the bottom.

Why does seemingly every contestant rely on these things for half their outfits, especially knowing that the judges hate them? Are they significantly cheaper to buy than dresses? Is it to save space in the luggage they bring? What's the deal?

by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2021 11:04 AM

R45 For the reasons you mentioned as well as they "work" a number of other ways. As body/waist cinchers, as tuck garments, as fake tit holders, etc. I hate them myself. They are lazy in my opinion and rarely look attractive. Give me old school drag sexy body shapers (even if you must do that) over some fucking ratty Danskin that looks like it's going to burst any second.

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2021 1:57 PM

Mrs Kasha Davies letting Gia have it, bring this woman to All Stars 7, she's a gem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2021 5:13 PM

and the reply...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2021 5:14 PM

LUUUUUUUUUUUV MKD !!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2021 5:19 PM

Does Gia not think covid is real or an anti mask shit head? Is she an anti vax loon too?

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2021 5:24 PM

Drag Race is such a strange phenomenon. ANTM and Project Runway et al. obviously were serious from the beginning, but Drag Race was originally a parody of those with a lot of gay camp references. Everyone was in on the joke even though there was a cash prize.

People are so insanely serious about it now. I get why it matters to most contestants, given that they sign their lives away in the contract and want to make fortunes from the exposure and want to win the money, but fans taking it so seriously makes me sad. Drag queens are supposed to be like clowns, just ridiculous, colorful entertainment with nothing on the line, and the show has created a whole subculture of psychotic stalkers.

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2021 5:36 PM

[Quote] People are so insanely serious about it now. I get why it matters to most contestants, given that they sign their lives away in the contract and want to make fortunes from the exposure and want to win the money, but fans taking it so seriously makes me sad.

r51, see r 44. She's the insane racist homophobic troll who call everyone old racist f@gs it they don't agree with her. She's exactly who you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2021 6:00 PM

^^^^ r51, see what I mean. Oh and she projects A LOT!

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2021 6:32 PM

^ r53 on her cell. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 56July 17, 2021 6:35 PM

R44 is blocked, so I guess I don't have to see that particular menace :)

by Anonymousreply 57July 17, 2021 6:36 PM

We see and know who you are R52. Your attempts to deflect attention don't work. When we isolate your posts - your vile hatred and troubled nature is revealed. Under a few different accounts.

by Anonymousreply 58July 17, 2021 6:37 PM

R51, cause just enough really do make it big without Ru. So they all sign away their rights thinking they’ll be the next Bianca or Katya. Even if they never make it that big, they still get enough attention to keep them hustling.

Ben DelaCreme did it right. The reason she quit was cause she didn’t want a contract with the show. She used them for exposure and bounced.

by Anonymousreply 59July 17, 2021 6:40 PM

Sure, r55. Keep projecting, hon/loon!

by Anonymousreply 60July 17, 2021 7:04 PM

LOL r58. AGAIN, your projecting is your worst enemy, dear/loon.

by Anonymousreply 61July 17, 2021 7:06 PM

I was going to ask Miss Georgia: "Do you believe in life after love?"

by Anonymousreply 62July 18, 2021 1:50 PM

r51 the original pitch/concept of Drag race was to pair a drag queen with a designer and do a theme each week where the drag queen and designer would collaborate to create a look. Ru stole the idea from the episode of PR she was on where they made clothes for NYC drag queens (sherry vine, Acid Betty etc)..

by Anonymousreply 63July 18, 2021 3:03 PM

Queen of the box wine has been blocked by Gia Gunn. What an honour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2021 3:29 PM

LOL,r64!

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2021 5:57 PM

Lets have MRS KASHA DAVIS on ALL STARS please!! That bitch is funny and has amazing cleavage without a breastplate....

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2021 6:11 PM

Does anyone have this? What is on it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2021 9:36 PM

This doesn't belong here, but FUCK. What the fuck? DOLLY! Ru wants Dolly as a guest judge so bad. He's said before that if Dolly, Cher and Diana Ross all guest judge on Drag Race - he will retire!

Dolly keeps giving. She scares me but I ❤️ her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2021 10:28 PM

There's a mythological trope among so many cultures of a male god fathering a son who is his pride and joy until the son grows up and suddenly appears to be a threat to the father, and the father tries to kill him preemptively, which makes the father's fear a self-fulfilling prophesy. It's probably an archetypal, deeply embedded fear that men have of being rendered obsolete by their own progeny.

Not to suggest RuPaul is any kind of god, but I find that this career is playing out in accordance with those myths in many ways.

To my knowledge, drag as a performing art that made it to the mainstream used to be primarily comic celebrity impersonation, with men playing Bette Davis and Joan Rivers and Judy Garland, or else people like Dame Edna. And then in gay media, there was Divine, and we all know that type of drag queen.

Today it seems like the only commentary from among LGBT people about RuPaul is about how horrible he is in every way, and celebrating his 'progeny.' It's really interesting to me.

All drag queens who are famous now were made in RuPaul's image in many ways. RuPaul was different from all those old female impersonators by being younger and glamorous, aiming for pretty instead of mocking the appearances and mannerisms of famous women. He had a strong wit that made him great for TV appearances, but his wit was uniquely a kind of wise-cracking camp wit, and mixed with Oprah-esque platitudes. And of course, he has released a lot of music and although few of his songs have gotten mainstream radio play—all of his songs being campy in one way or another and part of his drag package—they've sold well enough to have supported him and made it worthwhile for him to keep doing it.

All the drag queens we know from Drag Race are made in RuPaul's image. Most of them aim for pretty and glam, not for Bette Davis. Some are edgy and regard themselves as punk and political as RuPaul did when he first showed up on talk shows. There are the Divine types who are less inspired by RuPaul's look, but they tend to emulate his persona closely. And all these goddamned drag queens churn out factory-made music to make a quick buck. I don't think almost any of them would have done any of this without emulating RuPaul.

I'm not writing this to praise RuPaul. I just think it's really fascinating that he really did create his own influential persona as an amalgamation of many different aspects of gay and camp and fashion and music culture, and then created a televised factory to produce new versions of himself and reward the best, and then as they've come along, just like in the myths, the progeny have become threats to the originator and now there's so much dramatic tension between them. The kids loathe RuPaul because he's not a loving, gushing parent to all 150 of them, and that loathing has turned into criticizing veritably every aspect of his life, and at the same time, they are still auditioning for him, still begging him weekly for his praise, still asking him for cash prizes and gigs. And RuPaul at first seemed to resent their resentments, and now he seems to have (scorpion-like! He's a scorpio.) retreated into a dark cave when not making public appearances. He scrubbed all his social media of authentically personal sentiments last year and now seems to be all business publicly. And the relationship with his needy progeny has never felt less personal, and their resentment never stronger.

I can't help thinking of Cronus giving life to Zeus and then becoming so paranoid of Zeus's growing power that Zeus had to kill Cronus to escape being killed by him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2021 9:55 AM

Have any of them performed to this song?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 21, 2021 10:28 AM

R69: That's a lot of very thoughty words about a bunch of guys in dresses.

by Anonymousreply 71July 21, 2021 10:34 AM

r70 This drag queen did

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 21, 2021 1:24 PM

Poor Jan has become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

I just watched several drag queen reviews of AS episodes on YouTube and all the queens seem to universally cringe every time Jan's name or photos come up for discussion. I kinda like Jan Sport's spunk, but she is definitely the tryhard Jan Brady of Drag Race according to every other contestant.

by Anonymousreply 73July 24, 2021 10:54 AM

The cast for S2 of Drag Race Holland (starts August 6) has dropped. One of the new gyrls, Vanessa Van Cartier, beat out Trinity K. Bonét and Roxxxy Andrews for Miss Continental 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2021 6:59 PM

Rebecca Glasscock (Javier José Rivera Nieves) has turned into TRADE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 28, 2021 3:01 AM

r75 that cock aint glass honey.

by Anonymousreply 76July 28, 2021 3:07 AM

That nose is still LaToya small. I did love that moment where she had a weird meltdown during the MAC challenge and ran crying into the bathroom and there was an extreme close up to show that it was the ladies room. The show could never get away with that now.

by Anonymousreply 77July 29, 2021 4:29 AM

I saw (I guess non-Doctor? It sounded like she hasn't gotten her doctorate yet) Silky Nutmeg Ganache on some short Youtube show with Johnny whats-his-name (I only remember him from the "Soccer Practice" music video from long ago).

I forgot that some idiot accused her of sexually harassing him, which of course I'm sure got the Twitterverse in a steam just as she was getting trashed for being overenthusiastic on her season. And then she said the guy came up to her in a bar afterwards and tried to "explain his side of the story", which is just cruel. I would have gotten his name and number, and then called MY LAWYER and filed a lawsuit the next day for defamation. You don't call the police for shit like that.

Of course that would probably have gotten the Twitterverse to come to his defense, which would be totally hypocritical of them (not that it has stopped them before).

by Anonymousreply 78July 31, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote]To my knowledge, drag as a performing art that made it to the mainstream used to be primarily comic celebrity impersonation, with men playing Bette Davis and Joan Rivers and Judy Garland, or else people like Dame Edna.

Well, your knowledge is extremely limited then.

by Anonymousreply 79July 31, 2021 1:40 AM

Silky got Vicky Vox (Willam and Detox's friend) to apologize for putting the rumor out there. Now she's demanding a public apology from [italic]Attitude[/italic] magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 31, 2021 1:46 AM

Dame Edna is one of the great performance artists of all time. He went far beyond "drag." A bit of a comic genius. Trixie wishes....

But read the soliloquy from that ponderous miss warwicke, upthread at R69. What a fucking dissertation. And then it posts Charles Pierce? He's not even a good Bette Davis impersonator. Just some old bitchy gay drunk man, flouncing around menacingly. Drag can be very ugly in spirit and delivery. Reminds me of Pandora Box. No wit, just a weary looking old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 81July 31, 2021 1:48 AM

Bianca Del Rio did an 'Exposed' interview this week. Some interesting things she mentioned include:

-Having only two weeks to get her outfits together for Season 6, and how they were only allowed to bring 5 suitcases. I'm assuming today's queens get more time and have a bigger allowance.

-Confirming that there was four different outcomes recorded for the Season 6 finale, including a double crowning of her and Adore. I wonder if Courtney felt just a little bit salty towards Ru and the producers over that, since it couldn't have been made any clearer that she wasn't going to be chosen as the winner.

-The queens getting to choose where they sit for Snatch Game.

-Her not being a fan of the show in its early seasons and not really watching it, and that she decided to audition because she was 37 and thought that it if it didn't work out on the show, she'd wrap up her drag career by the time she turned 40. But here we are, seven years later, and she's about to go on yet another world tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 31, 2021 7:29 PM

Stacey Lane Matthews is MOMENTS from DEATH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 31, 2021 9:08 PM

R83 Remember kids, pay your rent before paying for your hormones.

by Anonymousreply 84July 31, 2021 9:27 PM

Where's the go fund me?

by Anonymousreply 85July 31, 2021 9:33 PM

She's far too busy and important to take the time setting up one of those, r85! Plus this way there's no paper trail or limits to how much she can grift for from strangers on the internet!

by Anonymousreply 86July 31, 2021 9:36 PM

Love this. UK Hun? Nothing beats Drag Race UK 2 for the best in recent talent and entertainment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 31, 2021 11:00 PM

At the beginning of last year, before the premiere of [italic]Drag Race Holland,[/italic] Fred Van Leer attempted suicide after a hookup made a sextape and leaked it online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 1, 2021 7:51 AM

I see from the picture at R87 that A'Whora has whittled her nose down even further to a tiny nub.

by Anonymousreply 89August 1, 2021 10:07 AM

Can we take a moment to appreciate Violet? She's all grown up and more gorgeous and fashion than ever, but just a bit kinder and more insightful. Appreciative of those who went before her - still with no false modesty on her part. She deserved her win on Season 7, barely.

AS LONG AS GINGER WINS ALL STARS 6!!

Violet is far from dumb and not exactly a warm personality. He's kind of an outlier and outer space winner of Drag Race. She has gone places the rest of them only pretend. High Fashion. I like that she says that Seasons 1 through 6 are the ones that everyone must watch. Classic Drag Race, before the fuckery, fakeness and foolery came to rule.

Joseph Shepherd is such a cutie. He is the only Drag Race fan doing long form interviews that I can watch. He takes the queens seriously and doesn't bait them, but he enjoys the tea when it spills. He's a sexy bitch boy to be honest. I think Violet fucked him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 7, 2021 1:49 AM

R90 Those nude Violet pictures scared me.

by Anonymousreply 91August 7, 2021 4:16 AM

Of course the guy who is trying to guilt people into donating to Stacey Lane Matthews to cover for her poor financial planning, moved on to attacking RuPaul for not paying for, I dunno, communal housing for all former Drag Race contestants. How are these people for real??

Also note that he set the thread to no replies after people started disagreeing with his stupidity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 7, 2021 7:01 PM

Lol! And then someone tries to say anyone disagreeing with the clearly white poster (who is accusing Ru of being heartless because she isn't personally intervening whenever any deadbeat who was on her show needs money) just doesn't understand "black queer culture" and how oppressed they are and how RuPaul is literally Satan for not helping out her fellow people of color when they are HOMELESS and STARVING!

Oh, the humanity!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 7, 2021 7:06 PM

Tatiana has gotten so fat!

by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2021 5:06 PM

Venus D-Lite, first boot on S3, talks with Joseph Shepherd about how Drag Race affected her mental health, finding out she had HIV, and how she learned to lean into her status as the queen of the RPDRCringe subreddit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 13, 2021 1:18 PM

I saw season two recently and I felt Sonique was being totally authentic, although she unwittingly set an unfortunate precedent for sudden acting out of traumas on the runway.

Since then, how many contestants in the bottom two have blurted out "I'm HIV positive!" and "I'm not a drag queen...I'm a woman!!!" and "MY MOTHER LEFT ME AT A BUS STAAAAAHP!!!" and then were saved?

Cut to 2021:

Judges: What is that stupid look on your face?

Jan: What do you mean? I am so excited to be here.

Judges: Why aren't you being real with us?

Jan: What do you mean?

Judges: Why are you acting happy?

Jan: I'm a happy person!

Judges: What HAPPENED to you as a CHILD, Jan?

Jan: Huh? I had a happy childhood.

Judges: You are lying, Jan!

Jan: I am??

Judges: Why can't you just be REAL, Jan?

Jan: I don't understand. I wasn't abused or anything.

Judges: Sure, Jan. Sashay away.

by Anonymousreply 96August 13, 2021 1:29 PM

It's not that Jan is happy, it's that Jan is fake.

by Anonymousreply 97August 13, 2021 3:09 PM

Internet: Why are you so FAKE, Jan?

Jan: How am I fake???

Internet: That fake, stupid smile.

Jan: I just smile a lot.

Internet: Sure, Jan. Fake, stupid Jan.

Internet headline: Drag Race Contestant 'Jan Sport' Found Dead in Suspected Suicide

Internet: RIP JAN!!! 😭😭😭 Such a tragic loss! At least she was finally real!!

RuPaul: We dedicate this season to Jan, the realest drag queen in Drag Race history.

by Anonymousreply 98August 13, 2021 3:26 PM

Mrs. Kasha Davis's documentary, [italic]Workhorse Queen,[/italic] examines the harsh reality for queens who don't make it far on the show. At first she got a boost from it, but after her season was over she found herself passed over more and more for bookings and appearances. She let her drinking got out of control as she tried to deal with the disappointment, to the point that she almost ruined her personal life. The film also touches on how Drag Race affects the careers of established queens who haven't gotten on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 13, 2021 5:51 PM

^ *get* out of control

by Anonymousreply 100August 13, 2021 5:52 PM

What was a drag queen career before drag race? Did they make enough money to actually support themselves, pay for health insurance, etc.?

What's a drag queen career post-drag race, both for former contestants and people who have never been on the show?

by Anonymousreply 101August 13, 2021 6:02 PM

How can you have a post-drag race career if you've never been on the show?

Quite a lot of people made a full time living out of being a drag queen before Drag Race. But they pretty much had to invest every cent they ever made in tips into buying a new cheap dress. Build a name for themselves locally. A queen like Ginger would host and emcee as well as perform in a drag show. And travel a bit too. Latrice Royale rebuilt his life doing drag in bars.

RuPaul saying ladyboy or making so many hooker jokes on the early seasons was not far off the mark either. Many drag queens in the past also engaged in prostitution. Gotta pay the rent. Rely on free drinks and friends and mentors for places to stay. But there have always been some local legends or Revue style superstars. Chris Edwards made a long life out of performing as Diana Ross, Tina Turner and Michael Jackson.

Have you never watched Paris is Burning R101? It's one look at a very specific world. Or watch Craig Russell in Outrageous. He was a drag SUPERSTAR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 13, 2021 6:54 PM

I never understood Roxxy's story. She said her mom left her and her sister at the bus stop but who was in the audience at the Finale? Her mom. If I were Ru I would have said "the one who left you at the bus stop????"

by Anonymousreply 103August 13, 2021 8:17 PM

Her mother just dropped them at the school bus stop. Roxxy wasn't about to lose that lip synch. Remember when young Blair St. Claire got raped at a college party on the runway?

by Anonymousreply 104August 13, 2021 8:26 PM

She was raped on a runway?

by Anonymousreply 105August 13, 2021 8:41 PM

There was so much interest in España but no one at all is talking about the second season of Holland.

by Anonymousreply 106August 13, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote]I never understood Roxxy's story. She said her mom left her and her sister at the bus stop but who was in the audience at the Finale? Her mom. If I were Ru I would have said "the one who left you at the bus stop????"

That was her grandmother, who adopted/raised them after being abandoned.

by Anonymousreply 107August 14, 2021 8:15 AM

So far loving DR Holland Season 2 - no real stand outs yet and I cannot figure out if the one is an actual woman or ?

by Anonymousreply 108August 14, 2021 3:35 PM

I'm rewatching US Drag Race season 2 because of All Stars 6 fatigue and everyone looks so young! Also Morgan McMichaels is actually a really cute boy, as opposed to the viperous sharp-featured queen he is now.

by Anonymousreply 109August 16, 2021 4:47 PM

^ Vanessa Van Cartier (see R74) is trans. She came to the US a couple of years ago and won the Miss Continental pageant in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 110August 16, 2021 11:04 PM

WOW announces [italic]Drag Race Philippines[/italic] ... a month after Manila Luzon announces her own new show there, [italic]Drag Den with Manila Luzon.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 16, 2021 11:18 PM

Yeah, announcing it 20 hours after Manilla does it is definitely shady. It's also clearly scrambling because Manilla got there first and God forbid anyone else have a drag competition show other than Ru Paul.

by Anonymousreply 112August 18, 2021 6:03 AM

RuPaul enterprises are PIGs. I love Manila. He's not so funny or witty - but he's one hell of a drag queen. A great visual and creative artist. Pretty successful human being as a GAY man. Loving and loved. Married. Bitchy, but not sad. Everything you want to see on stage in a drag performer. As glamorous and real looking as Ru. But 4 times as talented. Manila is THE All Star never crowned and one of the top 5 best contestants on any iteration of Drag Race, ever. She deserves every success. I think she'll have it too.

by Anonymousreply 113August 18, 2021 6:13 AM

I like her too and thought she got screwed on AS4. Filipino Drag Race fans actually aren't too keen on her having a show, though, because she doesn't speak Tagalog and she doesn't understand their pop culture.

by Anonymousreply 114August 18, 2021 6:22 AM

And RuPaul does?

by Anonymousreply 115August 18, 2021 1:54 PM

The new queens for drag race uk season 3 have been announced and one of them, Victoria Scone, is an actual woman, a bio-queen, or as she says an AFAB Queen (assigned female at birth).

For some reason everyone on Twitter seems to be praising this as “”STUNNING AND BRAVE” as if women declaring themselves “queer” and invading gay male spaces is something to be celebrated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 19, 2021 7:13 AM

I have to draw the line at the bioqueen thing. Talk about dumbing down. Dolly Parton and Cher are drag queens. They also act and sing; Dolly plays a half dozen or so instruments and writes music. Having women just put on women's clothes and wigs and open and close their mouths without any discernable talent seems a step too far. I mean, whatever, drag is completely inconsequential and I'm not offended by it, but I definitely have no interest in watching people play dress up and lip sync. The 'female illusion' of a gigantic man in costume is the whole point of drag for me. I always groan during the episodes where they've made over women because what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 117August 19, 2021 10:09 AM

You're actually [italic]surprised[/italic] that the bioqueen is Twitter's early favorite?

by Anonymousreply 118August 20, 2021 3:55 AM

Lady Bunny shares a story from her days as a phone sex operator with Monét X Change on their podcast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 20, 2021 9:11 AM

Oh man, the Holland queens had an amazing runway for the Monster Ball.

by Anonymousreply 120August 20, 2021 12:36 PM

Word is that Symonee has a featured part in a new long form video. What? Unlike Gaga, Kacey Musgraves PAYS the queens for their work! And made Symone part of the squad. Can't wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 24, 2021 6:24 AM

R120 I posted several times to the Holland season 2 thread and no one engaged with it.

So weird. There was so much chatter about Spain but it seems no one is watching Holland.

by Anonymousreply 122August 24, 2021 12:07 PM

r122, I had no idea that there was a thread on that. I guess the DL queens prefer dark meat over white.

by Anonymousreply 123August 24, 2021 2:39 PM

According to the rumor mill, [Italic]Drag Race Brazil[/italic] is finally in production and will be the first edition of the franchise not hosted by a drag queen. Instead, the host is speculated to be Xuxa Meneghel, the world's sexiest kiddie-show host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 27, 2021 4:14 AM

If you can stand 25 minutes of Trixie, watch the new Pit Stop. Nicole Byers should be a permanent Drag Race Judge! She's a super fan, a great comic who is wonderfully quick, dirty and playful. She knows DRAG. Too good for the panel. She did so many of the lockdown judging gigs. Give Nicole the main Stage GIG!! Don't stick her in some hellhole like the Philippines or Brazil. Let her sit on top of Carson. NO one will notice.

by Anonymousreply 125August 27, 2021 4:21 AM

Nicole is hilarious. And tells the truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 27, 2021 7:57 AM

R124, then it’s not Drag Race. People watch this show for the female illusion not to see women dressing as fancier women.

by Anonymousreply 127August 28, 2021 5:26 AM

I'm just going to leave this here....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 29, 2021 4:33 PM

There is going to be an all-winners season - including JInx, Raja, The Viviene, Jaida, Trinity and Monet X - There will be no eliminations. They will have two challenge winners each week and they will get stars awarded. You can then use your stars to stop another winner from getting a star the next week. The one with the most stars at the end of the season wins.

by Anonymousreply 129August 29, 2021 10:44 PM

That sounds completely self congratulating and mastaburtory, R129. I guess that's the only way they could get some past winners to sign up. No one who won The Crown wants to be sent home first.

You'll never catch Violet, Trixie, Chad, Bianca or Alaska signing up for this. They don't need the money that bad. BoB might.

They should let pretty Tyra Sanchez participate.💋

by Anonymousreply 130August 29, 2021 10:51 PM

Wow, way to take out all the fun of an All Winner season. Monet, Shea, and Trinity aren’t nearly interesting enough to justify three (!!) seasons of them in four years.

by Anonymousreply 131August 29, 2021 10:59 PM

It is supposed to be one of the best snatch games ever and from what I hear the cast revolts because Production was supposedly favoring Jinx.

by Anonymousreply 132August 29, 2021 11:19 PM

Throw another one on the pile. Gigi Goode comes out as trans and reveals her facial feminization surgery. These girls will do anything to win All Stars!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 30, 2021 5:27 PM

R133 Gigi? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking hell. I was hoping this faddish BS was finally fading out.

Another one on the pile indeed.

by Anonymousreply 134August 30, 2021 5:34 PM

Casting is underway for [italic]Queen of the Universe,[/italic] WOW's upcoming Eurovision-style drag singing competition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 30, 2021 5:49 PM

Possible Drag Race UK S3 spoilers per r/SpoiledDragRace and Willam on the Race Chaser podcast:

Victoria Scone has to leave early after getting injured. This season reportedly filmed on an extremely compressed schedule (due to All Stars International filming coming right behind) and pushed the queens to the breaking point. The on-set mental health counselor allegedly quit in protest.

by Anonymousreply 136August 30, 2021 6:06 PM

A rumor on reddit is that one of the queens on S14 is a straight male

by Anonymousreply 137August 30, 2021 6:22 PM

This is all getting crazy.

by Anonymousreply 138August 30, 2021 6:45 PM

r137 they already had a straight male on UK1 -

by Anonymousreply 139August 30, 2021 7:03 PM

The straight male doesn't bother me. The bio woman totally bothers me.

What's next? I know, let's do a drag race iteration with fucking Muppets.

Actually, I would watch that...

by Anonymousreply 140August 30, 2021 7:11 PM

R133 Actually Gigi has come out as trans AND non-binary which doesn’t really make sense to me but whatever

by Anonymousreply 141August 30, 2021 7:13 PM

I knew about the non-binary thing with Gigi, now this is just...feeling like a grab which, well, if true, is totally disappointing. Miss Fame got work done, as did Violet (they didn't need it either) but still non trans! Still getting work!

I do forget Gigi is pretty young though so...

by Anonymousreply 142August 30, 2021 7:20 PM

Trans ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 143August 30, 2021 7:29 PM

I miss the old seasons so much now. I recall an episode where they had to dress straight guys in drag. It was silly and awkward and sweet and fun.

Gender politics and this fucking TransFadia is stripping all of the fun out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 144August 30, 2021 7:37 PM

Isn’t Mik trans and non-binary as well? Kids these days.

by Anonymousreply 145August 30, 2021 11:36 PM

I've said this before, but Mik got no dick will likely have her tits put back in sooner than later once she gets her "fame". Can't stand her shtick. Knee slapping, wide fake mouth fake laughing, talentless dullard, only here thanks to adoptive parents who can't say "no".

I can!

NO THANKS!

by Anonymousreply 146August 31, 2021 1:41 AM

R146 And a shitty fuck.

by Anonymousreply 147August 31, 2021 2:20 AM

Gigi's transition is of no surprise to me. She was talking about gender fluidity in her confessionals during Season 12, which made me think that a pronoun change (at the very least) was imminent. Didn't her famous mom/coach/designer refer to Gigi using they/them pronouns during the finale?

Well, congrats to her, hopefully she'll now get the straight boy of her dreams.

by Anonymousreply 148August 31, 2021 2:22 AM

I'm sorry r124 but Xuxa is a drag queen

by Anonymousreply 149August 31, 2021 2:26 AM

[quote]The new queens for drag race uk season 3 have been announced and one of them, Victoria Scone, is an actual woman, a bio-queen, or as she says an AFAB Queen (assigned female at birth).

I wonder if she will get ready in the workroom with the other queens or is she going to have her own dressing room on stage for privacy.

by Anonymousreply 150August 31, 2021 2:31 AM

Nah, Gigi is not Goode. She can do what she wants. But that bug eyed Pekingese cheating player of Season 12 was clearly not right. Funny and talented, but not right with his body. No man or woman who eats has Gigi Goodes body. Ribs and ankles. And his mother is not an example of acceptance or excellence. Their relationship is strangely close, personally and professionally.

Like her or not, look back at Naomi Smalls relationship with her mother. On the season 8 finale. Fantastically loving and supportive, as she is with her other 11 kids. Ru asked her if she bought young Naomi (boy name?) fashion magazines. And his mother smiled and said no, I'm not very fashionable. But later when I saw his passion - I bought him wigs and dresses and heels.

Gigi seemed created in a lab from the start. He's not a beauty but he is a fashion type. I get the feeling that Gigi Goode's mother CREATED him.

He's not just non binary for whoever said that. Gigi is on hormone blockers and had FFS. He can choose not to label it if he's trying to be vague. But she's transwoman. He says himself if they weren't in lockdown and had gone on tour, he probably wouldn't have come to this "realization."

Did his momma tell him to get rid of that lantern jaw and have his forehead smashed into bits? FFS is very painful. He doesn't look that much different but he had his skull smashed, jaw planed and chin chopped. A nose job and some work on the eyes? Bitch don't bruise or swell much at all. For real.

This is all to say that Jaida was the right winner of Season 12. A very good season. Gigi shone.

But even as a self identifying gay man, Symone looks prettier and more female in this Moschino Ad. And he's a bald dark skin MAN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 31, 2021 5:17 AM

R100, Dragula did it first with a (really nasty) bio-queen and the spectacular Drag King, Landon Cider (also a woman). They made no issue about getting ready with the others.

R147- I’m afraid to ask….you don’t have this personal experience I hope.

by Anonymousreply 152August 31, 2021 9:25 AM

Nobody cares about Dragula.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was a smash hit until the show decided to make over women. When it was 5 gay guys and one straight guy, the show was fun and a little bit sexy. When it became 5 gay guys and one straight gal, it became deadly boring and the show was soon canceled. The same will happen for RuPaul if the show begins to feature women.

by Anonymousreply 153August 31, 2021 12:37 PM

R152 House of Drag in New Zealand also did this in season 2 with Bionica, a bisexual female drag queen. Not only did she change with the boys but she slept in the same room with a few of them, since the premise of the show is Drag Race meets Big Brother.

The show is extremely low budget but actually very funny and hosted by Kita and Anita from Drag Race Down Under. I wish the real Drag Race had a Big Brother element, it’s fun.

by Anonymousreply 154August 31, 2021 1:04 PM

I'm not sure why people would get worked up about Gigi announcing she is transgender. Of all the contestants—maybe with the exception of Carmen Carrera—Gigi's face and her manner are feminine even when presenting as a boy. If I met "him" somewhere in real life, I'm not sure if I would be able to discern whether Gigi was male or female. I think Gigi is one person whose natural appearance and presentation makes a strong argument that some people's anatomies and inner workings are mismatched.

I also think it's funny that people are complaining about Gigi becoming a woman—using the name Gigi, as if the expectation would be that "Gigi" would naturally be male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 31, 2021 1:31 PM

r155 Hi Gigi's mom!

by Anonymousreply 156August 31, 2021 1:33 PM

I was thinking Caitlyn as she had the same issues.

by Anonymousreply 157August 31, 2021 2:00 PM

I would have expected Blair St. Clair to declare to be trans first, before Gigi- I haven’t checked lately, but I believer he’s non-binary.

by Anonymousreply 158September 1, 2021 9:54 AM

OMG. Violet and Gottmik have a new show. Violet is a CUNT. I love him. He's total dude energy. Gottmik is annoying as fuck and confusing as ever. BUT the first episode is all about critiquing Violet's Drag Race looks. It's bitchy and gossipy fun. Violet has power man - she always did. A true creative beast. Honest about everything. I stan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 9, 2021 10:52 PM

I fucking love Violet. A true cunt and I am here for it.

Can't fucking STAND Gottwhatevermyparentsbuyme.

Trixie has been hanging out with GM quite a lot, apparently. Why? Trixie's pandering is off the charts at this point. I catch Katya rolling her eyes from time to time and it warms my dark little heart.

Gorge! As in my gorge is rising.

by Anonymousreply 160September 13, 2021 12:48 AM

Well, R160…a lot of gay guys enjoy having a straight female friend, so Trixie and Gottadumbdragname hanging out makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 161September 13, 2021 6:30 AM

Bryce the redhead is playing videogames shirtless on Twitch right now, and he has the lispiest Ses that ever lisped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 15, 2021 1:49 AM

Canada's Drag Race Season 2 will debut on Thursday, October 14, sans Stacey Mackenzie or DL fave Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman as judges, AND only two queens from Toronto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 15, 2021 4:25 AM

Tamisha Iman has burned her post–Drag Race career to the ground. Not only is she effectively blacklisted by WOW, she's admitting to scamming fans on merchandise she never delivered. She also grandly announced that she wouldn't be attending DragCon in Atlanta, and she started deleting her social media accounts earlier today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 10, 2021 8:46 PM

On the heels of the all-winners theme for AS7, a new rumor has started circulating on Reddit about an all-early-outs season. One of the speculated queens is Nicole Paige Brooks from Atlanta, Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 165October 10, 2021 8:56 PM

I’m surprised that more people haven’t lost their mind and destroyed their life after getting famous on a reality tv show. I’m a pretty stable guy but being recognized and approached by strangers every time I left the house would make me mental.

by Anonymousreply 166October 11, 2021 12:36 AM

Now someone on The Reddit is laying the groundwork for a class-action lawsuit against Tamisha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 12, 2021 4:30 AM

Non-binary queen from Drag Race Down Under, Etcetera Etcetera, is very angry today at cis gay men's misogyny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 28, 2021 5:43 PM

O no, Trinity got silicone injections and now has weird folds on her cheeks.

I wish more queens would stick to their natural faces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 28, 2021 9:31 PM

[italic]Drag Race Italia[/italic] Meet the Queens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 29, 2021 9:16 AM

Frisbee Jenkins, the artist formerly known as Sasha Belle (S7), has deleted her YouTube channel. According to gossip on Reddit, she was invited by WOW producers to audition for a future season under her new name.

In other news, the reclusive Max is tentatively restarting her drag career by taking gigs in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 171October 29, 2021 5:39 PM

Drama has commenced regarding contestants on the upcoming [italic]Queens of the Universe[/italic] singing competition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172November 14, 2021 7:01 PM

Jujubee is doing QOTU and International All Stars. Also confirmed for QOTU is Leona Winter, who won the second season of Chile's [italic]The Switch Drag Race[/italic] and appeared on [italic]The Voice France.[italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 14, 2021 10:01 PM

JuJu ain’t no quitter. She’ll persevere until she gets a crown somewhere. Good for her she deserves it. Her gold look in the all stars final episode was one of my favourites ever.

by Anonymousreply 174November 15, 2021 6:41 AM

[italic]Drag Race Italia[/italic] premieres tonight on WOW.

by Anonymousreply 175November 18, 2021 10:36 PM

S14 cast reveal, including the franchise's first straight queen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 3, 2021 3:26 AM

Tonight's main challenge on [italic]Drag Race Italia[/italic] is a Raffaella Carrà Rusical.

by Anonymousreply 177December 3, 2021 8:09 AM

Haha.

There's a straight guy! I love it.

Drag is dead.

by Anonymousreply 178December 3, 2021 8:25 AM

I'll take a straight guy over a bio woman ANY FUCKING DAY. Not talking about that dreadful "went trans because I needed a hook" gottnodickortalent biological woman. I mean as described at r116 and r117

by Anonymousreply 179December 3, 2021 8:42 AM

*spoiler*

Jujubee was eliminated in the second episode of QOTU. I think she was picked mainly as someone recognizable to promote the show, as her singing really wasn't in the same league as the other queens'. C'mon International All Stars!

by Anonymousreply 180December 4, 2021 11:34 PM

R178 There was already a straight guy on UK season 1.

by Anonymousreply 181December 5, 2021 6:20 AM

Miss Vanjie is reportedly filming for a new MTV reality show called [italic]Super Shore All Stars,[/italic] featuring cast members from various Viacom reality shows, including the Shore franchises (Jersey, Geordie, Floribama, and Acapulco), [italic]Love Island,[/italic] and [italic]Ex on the Beach.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 182December 9, 2021 5:25 PM

I like Vanjie, but that sounds pretty fucking lame. But a dollar is a dollar so...

by Anonymousreply 183December 9, 2021 6:11 PM

Vangie is fucking irritating. Charming for 10 minutes. Cute lil guy before all the bad decisions.

by Anonymousreply 184December 10, 2021 2:54 AM

Those veneers she got...talk about a bad decision. Do they all go to the same cosmetic dentist? Only Latrice's look good, and god knows that bitch needed them.

by Anonymousreply 185December 11, 2021 11:57 AM

Can we pretty please keep this thread spoiler free? I'm not trying to be a hall monitor, it's just so frustrating. At the very least Mention spoiler alert and then add a ton of line breaks in before posting the rest, so it gives people a chance to zoom past the spoiler.

by Anonymousreply 186December 11, 2021 12:01 PM

International All Stars has been formally announced but is officially a special edition of Drag Race UK: [italic]UK Versus the World.[/italic] Since it's a BBC production, that means RuPeter badges instead of prizes.

No official premiere date or cast reveal yet, but these are the queens who've been speculated for months on Reddit:

UK: Baga Chipz, Blu Hydrangea, Cheryl Hole

US: Jujubee, Monique Heart

Canada: Jimbo, Lemon

Holland: Janey Jacké

Thailand: Pangina Heals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 25, 2021 6:41 AM

Poor Jujubee. How many of these is she going to appear and never win?

by Anonymousreply 188December 25, 2021 2:04 PM

Pagina is going to stomp all over Jujubee. And I love them both.

by Anonymousreply 189December 25, 2021 2:59 PM

I love Jujubee, but, come on, really?

by Anonymousreply 190December 25, 2021 6:59 PM

Logo is re-running S2 right now. I love how low-budget and cunty it is.

by Anonymousreply 191December 31, 2021 2:07 AM

^ Right now they're showing the eldergay makeover challenge.

by Anonymousreply 192December 31, 2021 2:29 AM

R191 By far S2 to S6 are the show's best, back when it was still more of an underground success and the riggery was far less obvious.

by Anonymousreply 193December 31, 2021 3:49 AM

According to the Drag Race fandom wiki, today is Merle Ginsberg's 69th birthday. Assuming it's true, she looks great for her age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 1, 2022 8:19 PM

I rewatched some of S4 last night on Logo, and I caught something shady that they haven't done in any other season: In the opening credits where Ru describes the prizes, they have the previous episode's eliminated queen model the crown while holding the $100,000 check. Some of them look none too happy.

by Anonymousreply 195January 1, 2022 9:56 PM

I just stumbled upon, "Queen of the Universe"- anyone watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196January 1, 2022 11:49 PM

[italic]Drag Race UK Versus the World[italic] (International All Stars) premieres 2/1 on WOW Presents Plus and in the UK as part of the relaunch of BBC Three. Michelle told Digital Spy it's going to be great:

[quote]"You have no idea what you are about to witness. You have no idea," she said.

[quote]"Anybody who's complaining about having too much to watch, get ready, because you're going to be addicted to this one. It's such a great series that your mind is going to be blown.

[quote]"And I hope that we have so many more of these to come, because that's how good it was."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197January 11, 2022 10:51 PM

.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 198January 11, 2022 10:51 PM

R196 Here is the little thread for Queen of the Universe. It had potential, so of course it was squandered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 11, 2022 11:15 PM

I noticed that too, R195, when rewatching US S4 around a year ago.

Strangely, none of the queens have on the outfits they wore when they were eliminated. Most of them had on their runway outfits from weeks 3 or 4. And Lashawn Beyond was not shown holding the cheque at the beginning of episode 3, they just re-used the shot of Alisa Summers from episode 2.

by Anonymousreply 200January 12, 2022 1:23 AM

[quote]There is going to be an all-winners season - including JInx, Raja, The Viviene, Jaida, Trinity and Monet X - There will be no eliminations. They will have two challenge winners each week and they will get stars awarded. You can then use your stars to stop another winner from getting a star the next week. The one with the most stars at the end of the season wins.

Yvie Oddly is also in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 201February 8, 2022 3:37 PM

[italic]Drag Race Philippines[/italic] will premiere in June (6/3 per r/SpoiledDragRace). Jiggly Caliente is rumored to be a judge.

Rumored cast:

Brigiding

Corazon

Eva Le Queen

Gigi Era

Lady Morgana

Marina Summers

Minty Fresh (also rumored to be cast in [italic]Drag Den with Manila Luzon[/italic])

Precious Paula Nicole

Prince

Turing

Viñas Deluxe

Xilhouete

by Anonymousreply 202February 8, 2022 3:44 PM

España S2 Meet the Queens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 21, 2022 1:42 AM

Bob and Thorgy on [italic]Purse First Impressions[/italic] are an underrated comedy team. I love this clip where Thorgy rakes Pandora Boxx over the coals and even Bob is taken aback at the savagery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204March 3, 2022 6:24 PM

[quote]I love this clip where Thorgy rakes Pandora Boxx over the coals and even Bob is taken aback at the savagery.

I bet Thorgy smells like Patchouli.

by Anonymousreply 205March 3, 2022 6:43 PM

Per r/SpoiledDragRace, the next International All Stars will be Canada vs. the World and AS8 is going to be a "Second Chances" season for early outs.

by Anonymousreply 206March 10, 2022 4:45 PM

Nicky Doll from S12 will be the host of [italic]Drag Race France.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 10, 2022 4:50 PM

R206 Will Lemon get another go?

by Anonymousreply 208March 10, 2022 4:53 PM

^ The tea spillers on Spoiled Drag Race don't have any casting details yet, but they say that Brooke Lynn Hytes is hosting and Ru probably won't be involved.

by Anonymousreply 209March 10, 2022 5:01 PM

Well sounds good. I hope Cynthia Kiss gets to come back and go the distance this time.

by Anonymousreply 210March 10, 2022 5:03 PM

I'd love to see both Synthia and Suki Doll again. Definitely wouldn't be surprised if Lemon comes back and takes the crown.

by Anonymousreply 211March 10, 2022 5:06 PM

I forgot about Suki, she had killer runways. I hope they fly Tayce in to compete and hopefully that funny Maxie from the Australia version.

by Anonymousreply 212March 11, 2022 6:41 AM

I love Maxi Shield! DRDU sucked, but her lip sync against Etcetera Etcetera was delightful.

I'd love to see Anita Wigl'it as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 11, 2022 5:15 PM

I think Tayce is the most beautiful man. I want to see him 15 lbs heavier but that would kind of ruin this whole gig for him, right? I want to fuck him and kiss him and be his boyfriend anyway. He'd like me. For two nights in NYC. Bing Bang Bong.

The American Queens get so FAT after their seasons?? No RuPeter Badges. Too much $$$.

by Anonymousreply 214March 14, 2022 3:02 AM

Ginger Minj, Kornbread, and Kahmora Hall landed parts in [italic]Hocus Pocus 2[/italic] as drag queens performing as the Sanderson sisters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 16, 2022 12:16 PM

Trinity the Tuck shall forever be tucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 4, 2022 5:47 PM

The first episode of [italic]Drag Race France[/italic] is up on WOW Presents+.

Jiggly Caliente has been announced as a full-time judge for [italic]Drag Race Philippines,[/italic] which premieres August 17. DRP will also be the first international Drag Race edition with its own Untucked series.

by Anonymousreply 217June 26, 2022 1:45 AM

Haven't watched the US version in years, but I'm watching the French premiere right now and it's such a breath of fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 218June 26, 2022 1:48 AM

I was afraid the French show would turn into some hastily provincial hacked up sub-show but it turned out very well. Good job to Nicky Doll and all the RPDR FR team because they've been able to produce 8 60+ minutes episodes in just three weeks instead of just one episode a week like the US show.

by Anonymousreply 219July 4, 2022 12:30 PM

Massive spoiler alert for the next All Stars....these are rumoured queens, been whittled down to a more definitive list now....

- Alexis Michelle - Heidi N Closet - Jaymes Mansfield - Jessica Wild - Jimbo - Kahanna Montrese - Kandy Muse - Lala Ri - Monica Beverly Hills - Mrs Kasha Davis - Naysha Lopez

Possible:

- Darienne Lake - Lineysha Sparx

Worth watching for Mrs Kasha D and Jaymes Mansfield alone, two of my faves, watch them be in the bottom week 1. I absolutely love Jaymes look in her eyes, she really doesn't know where she is.

by Anonymousreply 220July 6, 2022 2:32 PM

Hard pass if that obnoxious, talent-free sow Kandy Muse is in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 221July 6, 2022 2:34 PM

Perhaps she could be first out, they must of seen how much hate she got online.

by Anonymousreply 222July 6, 2022 2:39 PM

[italic]Canada vs. the World,[/italic] as per the regular show, will be hosted by Brooke Lynn Hytes, Brad Goreski, and Traci Melchor.

Rumored queens:

Anita Wigl'it (Down Under)

Icesis Couture (winner, Canada S2)

Kendall Gender (Canada S2)

Ra'Jah O'Hara (S11/AS6)

Rita Baga (Canada S1)

Silky Ganache (S11/AS6)

Stephanie Prince (Canada S2)

Vanity Milan (UK S3)

Victoria Scone (UK S3)

by Anonymousreply 223July 25, 2022 7:48 PM

Philippines Meet the Queens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 2, 2022 6:36 AM

Philippines sneak preview, including what sounds like a promisingly messy Untucked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225August 2, 2022 6:42 AM

[italic]Drag Race Italia[/italic] got a second season, which premieres on WOW this Thursday. Judging from the trailer, the production values have vastly improved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 18, 2022 8:50 PM

Italia's Meet the Queens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 18, 2022 8:54 PM

[italic]Canada vs. the World[/italic] premieres 11/18. Confirmed queens:

[bold]Anita Wigl'it,[/bold] Down Under S1

[bold]Icesis Couture, Kendall Gender, Stephanie Prince,[/bold] Canada S2

[bold]Ra'jah O'Hara, Silky Nutmeg Ganache,[/bold] US S11/AS6

[bold]Rita Baga,[/bold] Canada S1

[bold]Vanity Milan, Victoria Scone,[/bold] UK S3

by Anonymousreply 228October 28, 2022 12:17 PM

Can’t wait, although will be heartbroken if Icesis doesn’t win, she’s on a different level.

by Anonymousreply 229October 28, 2022 7:33 PM

[italic]Drag Race Belgique[/italic] premieres February 16. Host is Rita Baga since it's a Francophone show, Vanessa Van Cartier (winner of [italic]Drag Race Holland[/italic] S2) is Flemish, and they couldn't find a local French-speaking queen of note.

The 10 Belgian waffles:

[bold]Amanda Tears,[/bold] Mouscron

[bold]Athena Sorgelikis,[/bold] Brussels

[bold]Brittany Von Bottoks,[/bold] Brussels

[bold]Drag Couenne,[/bold] Brussels

[bold]Edna Sorgelsen,[/bold] Brussels

[bold]Mademoiselle Boop,[/bold] Brussels

[bold]Mocca Bone,[/bold] Brussels

[bold]Peach,[/bold] Liège

[bold]Susan From Grindr,[/bold] Ghent

[bold]Valenciaga,[/bold] Ghent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 25, 2023 5:11 PM

[quote]Drag Race Belgique[/italic] full trailer—looks fun and not too dramatique.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 9, 2023 6:31 PM

[italic]Drag Race Belgique[/italic] premieres tonight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232February 16, 2023 11:37 AM

[italic]Drag Race Sverige[/italic] premieres March 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 16, 2023 11:39 AM

Drag Race UK production crew spills on Reddit about sexual assault allegations against a cast member from the upcoming season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234February 20, 2023 5:57 PM

Tyra Sanchez has started performing again after publicly quitting drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235February 23, 2023 4:47 PM

Will she do all winners 2. Imagine the press and controversy it would cause. Just up Ru’s alley.

by Anonymousreply 236February 23, 2023 6:11 PM

Meet the queens of [italic]Drag Race Sverige[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 3, 2023 8:42 PM

I would love to see the looks on Bob and Bianca’s faces if Tyra strolled in as a surprise contestant.

by Anonymousreply 238March 4, 2023 12:30 AM

DR Sverige is really good so far.

by Anonymousreply 239March 4, 2023 9:16 PM

Maddy Morphosis has a fun new talk show on YouTube. Her interviewing style sort of gives me [italic]Between Two Ferns.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240March 19, 2023 2:50 PM

[italic]Canada's Drag Race S4[/italic] likely cast (per Reddit):

[bold]Aimee Yonce Shennel,[/bold] Ottawa

[bold]Aurora Matrix,[/bold] Toronto

[bold]Denim Pussy,[/bold] Montréal

[bold]The Girlfriend Experience,[/bold] Vancouver

[bold]Nearah Nuff,[/bold] Calgary

[bold]Kiki Coe,[/bold] Ottawa

[bold]Luna DuBois,[/bold] Toronto

[bold]Venus,[/bold] Vancouver

by Anonymousreply 241March 19, 2023 8:33 PM

[italic]Drag Race España[/italic] S3 Meet the Queens (premieres April 16)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 19, 2023 9:05 PM

DR Sverige just pulled off one of the gaggiest gags in the franchise. If you're not watching this one, I highly recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 243March 27, 2023 4:26 AM

Anti-trans activists circulate fake tweet from Peppermint (S9)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 30, 2023 5:23 PM

[italic]Drag Race Sverige[/italic]'s latest eliminee, Santana Sexmachine, goes out with a bang. She was a front runner until the latest episode, where she did well in the group musical challenge but bombed the runway and lip sync. She was pissed because she lost to a queen who is totally busted yet was brought back after going home second.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 3, 2023 12:34 PM

Another great episode of [italic]Drag Race Sverige.[/italic] This time the gurls made over Swedish MMA fighters, including this hot bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 9, 2023 7:35 PM

Stacy Layne Matthews (S3) was admitted to the hospital earlier this week. Not sure of the reason, but she posted over the weekend that she was in a bad place mentally and trying to scrape together enough money for a hotel room. (She's been homeless off and on since 2021.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 13, 2023 12:12 AM

347, i'll bet covid. poor gurl.

by Anonymousreply 248April 13, 2023 12:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!