Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

More Mighty Max - another Max Gail Appreciation Society thread

Help him take a load off, won't you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97Last Friday at 5:45 PM

At the risk of creating a mortal enemy, I want to ask some questions of you, OP; so that I might better understand these numerous, apparently unending threads/postings. Is that okay?

So, assuming it is alright; let's get started.

1. Are you Max Gail?

2. Are you Max Gail's publicist (He's still not going to pay you; you were let go after 'Barney Miller'. Go home, already.)

3. Are you Max Gail's mother? (I understand the love for your son; but holy fucking shit, lady! You've been dead for years. Let it go already.)

4. Are you a Max Gail stalker (Please make sure you stay hydrated; stalking can take a hidden toll on you. Diet and age-appropriate exercise will help you in your quest to stalk MG deep into your old age. Take care of yourself today, so that you can stalk well tomorrow.)

5. Are you OCD about U.S. 70's TV actors, in general, not for Max Gail, per se. (If so, please direct me to your other 70's-U.S.-TV-actors' appreciation threads for verification.)

6. Are you: (a) stoned (b) drunk (c) under the influence of Max Gail's masculine, musky scent. (If it is 6(c) [because he's so sex-y], please disregard this post.)

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 103/24/2021

R1 I am clearly 4 and also 6c.

by Anonymousreply 203/24/2021

The scent must be heaven.

by Anonymousreply 303/24/2021

[r2] Please reread my post at [r1].

I clearly stated that if answer '6c' [because he's so sex-y] is correct, then disregard my post at r1! I was polite. I said 'please' and 'thank you.' And now you've gone and opened up this big can of worms with your entirely unnecessary response! See what you've done? I have to get the whole committee in my head back together again to discuss this unsettling development. And now I just noticed there's an [r3] talking about this. I'll never be able to control this spreading inferno of Maximum Gail Force attraction. Thanks a lot!

by Anonymousreply 403/24/2021

Can you imagine?

I'm just imagining how his seed would taste.....

by Anonymousreply 503/24/2021

R4 You'll just have to calm yourself. Imagine Max in front of you, his meaty hands on your shoulders......there, there, that's it, relax.......

by Anonymousreply 603/24/2021

[r6] First you tell me to calm myself, then you tell me to "imagine Max in front of you, his meaty hands on your shoulders......there, there, that's it, relax......."

Holy Mother Mary with a meat cleaver! How the fuck am I supposed to calm down if I imagine that?! The 'calm down, but imagine hot sex' plan has some flaws. I don't think you've thought this whole thing through.

by Anonymousreply 703/24/2021

R1 Max doesn’t have a publicist, unless I count. I just run his Facebook page though. LOL

R6 I’ve actually had Max in front of me with his hands on and around my shoulders. It was 100% platonic, but still nice. LOL He has a lovely woman in his life that takes such good care of him and I’m happily married. He’s a good man. Kind, funny, warm, humble and very gentle. He has a deep compassion for others and a love of the world around him.

by Anonymousreply 803/24/2021

R1- Regarding #5, I am also good friends with Larry Wilcox, who is still loved by many for being Jon on CHiPs. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he has his own thread around here. LOL

by Anonymousreply 903/24/2021

Lucky you, Sue. I would plotz if his hands were ever anywhere on or near me.

by Anonymousreply 1003/24/2021

[quote] Holy Mother Mary with a meat cleaver! How the fuck am I supposed to calm down if I imagine that?! The 'calm down, but imagine hot sex' plan has some flaws. I don't think you've thought this whole thing through.

Lmao! Sound logic... totally have a point there!

[quote] Help him take a load off, won't you?

Yes, I'll take his whole load, thank you.

I was gone for a few days and totally missed that there was a new Max thread. Who's bringing the photo eye candy?

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2021

Sue, there have been discussions here about CHIPS, and Larry Wilcox of course has come up. I'm a fan, and when I mentioned it, was told he had a bad complexion. Not that I really care, but can you confirm? Oh and just how many 70s cop-actors have you known/represented - just idle curiosity.

OP: did the Barney Miller crew ever go full uniform? If so, do any pics of Max exist in his blues?

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2021

[Who's bringing the photo eye candy?]

R11, Hey Justin! You're the one with the Max Gail material arsenal, LOL. Good to see you around man!

R12, Yes, I've seen some around here. He looks hot af in uniform.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2021

^ Oh shit... sorry JD...

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2021

OP I'm with you. Max is everything.

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2021

Dress blues, baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2021

R14, No worries. Probably a lot of people know my name by now.

R12. Here are a couple of quick ones of Max in his NYPD uniform. I'm sure Sue has more.

Btw, I hope you're doing better from your bronchitis Sue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2021

The entire cast...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2021

He could pull me over and give me a ticket every of the week...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1903/26/2021

^Me too.

by Anonymousreply 2003/26/2021

Damn! He's my weakness...

Just when I thought I was getting over him after a lull in the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 2103/26/2021

Enough! Start a Tumbler, Wiki, website YouTube what ever you need to continue your worship OP, but let this be the last mention here please.

by Anonymousreply 2203/26/2021

^Fuck to the no.

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2021

OOOh, thanks for the uniform pics. So sexy & hot.

And fuck you, R22. There are HOW many threads about that one-trick-pony kid from Parenthood, Miles Whatever and his twink boyfriend? I just scroll by those, just like you should these. It appears you can't handle a real man!

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2021

R24, he looks really gorgeous and sexy as a policeman in this video too. The photo in thumbnail alone! 🤤😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2021

Call me crazy, but I preferred Abe Vigoda.

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2021

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2021

R22, who elected you the thread police? If you don’t like it, scroll by and fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2021

Another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2021

[quote] [R24], he looks really gorgeous and sexy as a policeman in this video too. The photo in thumbnail alone! 🤤😍

Lol, that's why I chose it for the thumbnail. He looks hot as hell in that still

[quote] Call me crazy, but I preferred Abe Vigoda.

You would have to be... questions asked, question answered

by Anonymousreply 3003/26/2021

I'm happy to hear that Barney Miller is going to air on Antena TV. I haven't been able to watch the show in years!

"Hash" has to be my favorite episode, but I also loved the ones that had serious subtexts. There was one in particular I remember being one of my favorites as a kid, (don't remember the title), that involved a gypsy and a nazi. Heavy subject matter for a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 3103/26/2021

R31 I think the episode you're talking about is called "The Librarian". I made a small video of the ending here.

Definitely in my top 5 favorites from the show. The fact that Barney Miller as a comedy dared to tackle serious issues amid the laughs is one of the reasons that made it such a great show. It must be a delicate balance and they excelled at it. Max's Wojo and his heart of gold also gave us a phenomenal performance in this episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3203/26/2021

R32 - Thank you Justin! Yes, that's the episode! Based on the way Max looks, it has to be from one of the last 2 seasons. It's been so long since I've watched it! And yes, Max is great in it - not to mention beautiful. You can tell that he believes what he's saying.

As far as serious episodes, this and the one where Kotterman (sp?) gets murdered are my favorites. But for laughing out loud I love "Hash" and the one with the Werewolf.

by Anonymousreply 3303/27/2021

You're welcome R33. Yes, that's from season 7. You can tell by Max's hair. I could never understand that hairpiece. Since when was Wojo a red-head? Or maybe I need my eyes checked, lol

My favorite piece of Barney Miller memorabilia is actually from the "Werewolf" episode. I have a Final Draft original script that is autographed by the entire cast, including Jack Soo. It was actioned off by ABC for charity. It even has the final handwritten corrections to the dialog inside, so that's really cool. When I saw it for sale I couldn't pounce on it fast enough! lol

by Anonymousreply 3403/27/2021

^ That's really very cool! I saw that script up for auction and what it sold for. You must have deep pockets JD LOL

by Anonymousreply 3503/28/2021

Is it true that when some of you on this thread say 'OMG!', you mean 'Oh! Max Gail! ? If so, I fully support your efforts to secularize DL from the mention of a 'god'; however, this runs the risk of idolatry, as well. You might want to consider the considerable power of MG's masculinity and musky scent. I forsee masses of Catholics and Buddhists converting to the new theology of Maxculinity. I'm warning you all right now, the nonstop chanting of 'OMG! OMG!' will end up driving us all crazy! Get ready for the new normal.

by Anonymousreply 3603/28/2021

I saw him on a couple of nights ago on FETV in the episode where he goes on mugging detail wearing a dress. Good gaaawd did he have sexy legs!! It was supposed to be really hot, and his hairy chest was glistening in sweat.. Mmm Mmmm MMM!!!

When he came back with his dress all torn up after a guy tried to "rape him" I laughed my ass off, but I drooled all over at the sight of those bare shoulders and biceps...

What he must have looked like being on top of you while doing you missionary style... 💦

by Anonymousreply 3703/29/2021

[quote] What he must have looked like being on top of you while doing you missionary style... 💦

That room better have mirrors because I wanna see that ass in action as he jackhammers me.

by Anonymousreply 3803/29/2021

His whole body seemed to be glistening with sweat in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 3903/29/2021

Oh yesss R39. He got me all hot and bothered Lol

I can't help cracking up when I think about the contrast between the coy and modest flirtations that women fling at Maxxx on his FB, and the balls out commentary here... I wonder if he knows how much people talk about his ass -and other parts of his anatomy- behind his back 😂😂

by Anonymousreply 4003/29/2021

^I hope he at least has a clue. You don’t go through life built like a brick shithouse without having an inkling that people are ogling your goods 🤣. I sometimes wish he’d take a peek in here just to see how much he’s lusted over.

by Anonymousreply 4103/29/2021

Lol R40. People are very respectful to him (though sometimes playful) on his FB page. As they should be. But our Max DL threads are like the Upside Down in Stranger Things. The gateway to an Underworld of Max Gail fandom where people say what they are REALLY thinking! Lol

by Anonymousreply 4203/29/2021

^Perfectly put!

by Anonymousreply 4303/29/2021

LOL, JD

I read some guy telling him straight out on Facebook that he had a beautiful body, and that he was the reason he watched Barney Miller back then, along with many other men. I would never have the balls to tell him that to his face like that.

by Anonymousreply 4403/29/2021

Yeah R44, me neither... I keep that stuff to myself lol

by Anonymousreply 4503/29/2021

Does anyone remember the Barney Miller two-part 'Quarantine' episodes? The cops and various others have to bunk in the station. The gay burglers are back. One of them tries to cozy up to Captain Miller.* Wojo has a heart-to-heart with the other one, asking if he's ever been with a woman, and is surprised when he answers yes and has a son! Wojo is plussed but is cool about it. The big lug is trying to figure out the gay thing.

*I had a big crush on Hal Linden as a gayling. The tallness, the Jewishness, the rolled-up sleeves, the mustache. He was so fucking hot! My teen self always had a bone for the Captain. He was another alpha yet gentle man. Glad he's still around, still working.

by Anonymousreply 4603/29/2021

^Hal Linden was gorgeous too, with the bedroom eyes, thick, wavy hair and moustache.

"Quarantine" was a good episode. I loved the part where they're all asleep on cots and Harris starts talking in his sleep, spilling his true feelings about his co-workers. They all wake up and look at him incredulously, not believing that's how he really feels about them. Max is laying in a prone position on his cot, arms folded under his head, taut, muscle butt looking extra good in his tight trousers. I wonder if that's how Max really sleeps (TMI?)

by Anonymousreply 4703/29/2021

"Quarantine" was really funny, but any episode with Wojo sweating is going to be a favorite. And that muscle butt sticking out while laying face down is not going to go unnoticed...

Hal Linden was very attractive. He had more of a classic old Hollywood leading man style looks, a little bit like Clark Gable is my opinion. I like him, but there's something about Wojo's looks that just hits me like a ton of bricks in a very primal way.

by Anonymousreply 4803/29/2021

Agreed, JD.

by Anonymousreply 4903/29/2021

So, in keeping with the idea of saying here what I can't say on Max's FB, here I go: I love you Max! I've been in love with you ever since I was a little girl! When you answer or give me a like on FB I just MELT and you make my whole day! I just adore you! ❤️❤️

There! Off my chest 😅🤣

by Anonymousreply 5003/30/2021

^Great!!

by Anonymousreply 5103/30/2021

I'm sure you have a lot of company R50 lol

by Anonymousreply 5203/30/2021

I envy you in a way R50. As a woman, you might've had the real chance of sleeping with him. Not me.

I follow him on Facebook too and seen a handful of women telling him flat out that they were/had been in love with him. He didn't react badly. I can't imagine that he doesn't enjoy the flattery, specially coming from the younger females, and some of them look more than young enough to be his daughters. He is, after all, still a red blooded man.

by Anonymousreply 5303/31/2021

[quote] As a woman, you might've had the real chance of sleeping with him.

Oh gosh! Please don't put such wonderful thoughts in my head! 🤣

I could never blurt it out to him R53. Even if he didn't react negatively I'd be terrified of weirding him out. BTW I hope you don't mind me commenting here since I've mentioned that I'm a woman...

by Anonymousreply 5404/01/2021

Regarding Larry Wilcox, I always figured he was probably a sweetheart in real life. I may be wrong, but I never got that feeling about Erik Estrada.

by Anonymousreply 5504/01/2021

Not to derail the thread, but Estrada was kinda known for his inflated ego. I believe he left CHiPS brifely due to a salary dispute because he felt he was the "star" and should be making more than Wilcox.

by Anonymousreply 5604/01/2021

Say happy birthday to our guy!! He’s a young 78 today!

by Anonymousreply 5704/05/2021

I've had him. Numerous times.

Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 5804/05/2021

^Lies!

by Anonymousreply 5904/05/2021

r56, estrada claimed he was a total top, Wilcox proved that a big fallacy

by Anonymousreply 6004/05/2021

Sure R58. I've had him too many times... in my dreams. Woke up with a ragging hard on.

by Anonymousreply 6104/05/2021

Just did R57, along with about another 500 people lol. I can't imagine he'll have the patience to read every single comment, but if he does, he deserves to have his butt kissed for entirely new reasons.

by Anonymousreply 6204/05/2021

[quote] BTW I hope you don't mind me commenting here since I've mentioned that I'm a woman...

Personally I don't mind it in the least R54. We're all here for the same reason.

As far as Estrada, he always struck me as handful of a guy, full of himself. The story that was told here about him wanting the crotch of his speedos enhanced for the Battle of the Network All Stars kinda proves it. Wilcox seems like the kind of guy you could just hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 6304/05/2021

R31 The entire series is on DVD and worth every penny.”!

R33 Yep you can pretty much tell the season by Wojo’s hair! Seasons 1-2, natural with a combover. 3-4, toupee. 4- to 7, wig. LOL

R37, Max played Rugby so yeah he had really strong legs!

R46, I always thought Hal was pretty good looking too!

R47, no idea although I have seen his bed. It’s been in the background now and then when we have our video calls. :-)

R53 Yep he doesn’t really mind. He thinks it’s funny because he has never considered himself attractive.

R55 R56 Larry is a really nice guy. Erik is...not.

R62, he read every one of them! :-)

by Anonymousreply 6404/05/2021

Happy Birthday Max!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6504/05/2021

[quote] [R47], no idea although I have seen his bed. It’s been in the background now and then when we have our video calls. :-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6604/05/2021

[quote] [R47], no idea although I have seen his bed. It’s been in the background now and then when we have our video calls. :-)

Sue, why must you torture us? 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 6704/05/2021

^Right!

by Anonymousreply 6804/05/2021

[quote] but if he does, he deserves to have his butt kissed for entirely new reasons.

When he was younger I would have eaten him alive. But even today, I'd still pucker up

by Anonymousreply 6904/05/2021

Now Miss Sue, you had to know that such statement was going to titillate us and send our imaginations wild LOL. Could you please describe? I'd love to know what Wojo's bed looks like.

by Anonymousreply 7004/06/2021

[quote] [R31] The entire series is on DVD and worth every penny.”!

I wanted to buy the DVD series but I read that the quality wasn't very good, is that not true Sue? Justin, you said you have the DVD set too. What do you think?

I second that request R70.

by Anonymousreply 7104/06/2021

I recommend 100% R71. That clip I posted at R32 is from my DVD set, and I didn't transfer it at full quality. The film doesn't seem to have been remastered, and that may be what people are complaining about because the show is not in HD. But to watch the show (or just to look at Max 😉), I agree it's totally worth every penny. Plus you get some cool extras.

[quote] [R37], Max played Rugby so yeah he had really strong legs!

Sue, do you know if Max ever had his nose broken? He seems to have some deviations even as a young actor that I didn't see in his high-school grad picture. Just curious :)

by Anonymousreply 7204/06/2021

R72 Yes he did, while playing Rugby. :-)

by Anonymousreply 7304/06/2021

R71 The quality is just fine considering the show was recorded on video tape, which simply wasn’t designed to age well. The extras are really great, lots of cool interviews and commentary!

by Anonymousreply 7404/06/2021

Thank you Sue and Justin! I just purchased my copy of the Barney Miller DVD set from Amazon and I'll have it by tomorrow! I saw that it also includes the 1st and only season of "Fish", but he's not the reason I'm spending the money on this Lol. I wish there was more of Max's earlier work available.

I'm so thankful that you both post here regularly. I've leaned more about Max and seen more photos of him over the past year than I did from the time I was a teenager love stuck by Wojo. Especially with your fan page Sue. Thanks for creating it, and the fact that Max himself takes part in it is just the coolest thing!

by Anonymousreply 7504/06/2021

If you’re in or near Missouri, check out Max’s fan page! He’s doing a personal appearance there soon!

by Anonymousreply 7604/15/2021

Wish I was there!

by Anonymousreply 7704/15/2021

Max, taken yesterday. 🙂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7804/25/2021

Hey y’all! Hope everyone is doing well. R31 R71 thank you! Glad you’re enjoying it. Max absolutely loves connecting with his fans. Hope you’re enjoying the DVD set! There’s nothing like unedited episodes!

by Anonymousreply 7904/25/2021

he's a cutie

by Anonymousreply 8004/26/2021

A friend on my FB page was there and he took a pic of the entire panel, including Max.

by Anonymousreply 8104/26/2021

Amazing that the show has held up so well after 40-plus years. I liked it then; it's still good to watch today. It's actually nice to see that he has so many devoted fans, still. That must make him feel appreciated. (I liked the show, but I'm not at the level you all seem to be. My loss, I guess.)

by Anonymousreply 8204/27/2021

Where did everyone go? I miss the Max talk!

by Anonymousreply 8304/29/2021

Original OP still here! I was just scrolling through my cable guide and I saw that Barney Miller is back on Antenna TV at 8, so I'm a happy camper. "Fear of Flying" is coming on tonight, which is a great episode. Wojo has to escort a prisoner to another state but is afraid of flying so Harris gives him a copy of Erica Jong's erotic book "Fear of Flying" to help...ahem...calm his fears.

by Anonymousreply 8404/29/2021

I'm here too, but I'm not getting notification from DL when there are new replies on this thread. I wonder if other people are having the same problem.

JD is recovering from surgery in the hospital. He says to say hi to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 8504/30/2021

Happy for you R84. I've been watching Barney Miller reruns on FETV since they begun airing. They just started season 5, and to me that's where Wojo is at his hottest (seasons 4 and 6 too). I feast my eyes on him and hear myself saying "oh, shit!" and "oh, fuck!" in my head all the time as I watch him.

R85, what happened to JD?, is he ok?

by Anonymousreply 8604/30/2021

R85, tell JD that we wish him a speedy recovery!

by Anonymousreply 8704/30/2021

Sending lots of healing vibes and wishes for a speedy recovery, JD! We miss you!!

by Anonymousreply 8805/04/2021

I'm not getting any notification on watched threads either R85, this site can be glitchy 😐 Btw, they aired the "Wojo's girl" episode on fetv tonight. I'm feeling a little drunk on hot pec muscles and sexy chest hair! lol 🤤😋

Oh gosh, what happened to JD? I agree with Sue, we miss you Justin! Get well soon handsome! 😘❤️

by Anonymousreply 89Last Thursday at 1:27 AM

Quarantine 1 and 2 aired last night. There’s nothing better than a sweaty Wojo lying face down on a cot.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Thursday at 3:03 AM

[quote] There’s nothing better than a sweaty Wojo lying face down on a cot.

I've had some many erotic fantasies about him over the years when that scene comes up. That hard muscle, perfectly shaped bubble butt on a platter like that is just too tempting.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Thursday at 2:02 PM

^Indeed. Tonight was a double wammy of Wojo beefy hotness — “Werewolf” and “Bus Stop.” Both are great episodes. In “Bus Stop,” he’s taking an old lady’s statement and she recalls to him her last husband, who liked his coffee “strong and hot,” and who had “muscles out to here and thighs like concrete.” She could have been describing him! And toward the end of the episode, she keeps referring to him as “The big one.” Max really was buffed out in season 3. His ass in those tight pants in both episodes was a sight.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Thursday at 5:35 PM

LOL R92, I remember that "Bus Stop" episode with the old woman. She had the hots for him and I think she WAS indeed indirectly describing him. I remember thinking: lady, at your age, a romp with Wojo just might the deadly! But who could blame her...

In "Quarantine", him laying face down on the cot is a sight to behold. Imagine coming home to find him on you bed like that. Instant wood!! There was also a photo someone posted in one of the other threads where he's bent over, ass to the camera in those tight pants looking at a painting. Holy mother of gawd!!!

by Anonymousreply 93Last Thursday at 11:43 PM

Found it 😋😋

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94Last Friday at 12:12 AM

It's suddenly warm in here...

by Anonymousreply 95Last Friday at 11:43 AM

[quote] Imagine coming home to find him on you bed like that. Instant wood!!

❤️🔥😛

by Anonymousreply 96Last Friday at 3:09 PM

Mentally diving face first into that glorious ass R94 👅 . With all the overrated hot dogs willing to show everything off at the drop of a hat, why did Max Gail have to be of the modest kind that wouldn't show his hot dick....

by Anonymousreply 97Last Friday at 5:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!