Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 13 Part 4: The final six sux dix

Continue discussions here.

Link to part 3 attached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604April 4, 2021 1:08 AM

I'm hating this season sooooo much

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 20, 2021 8:54 PM

I'm just hate watching now. I don't even care who wins - in fact maybe I'll be okay about a GoTTNoDik win because it just proves what a farce this whole season has become.

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2021 12:36 AM

The worst season ever and the biggest bullshit lying judging ever! Kandy should have been the second cunt kick off and they know.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2021 12:39 AM

Everyone should go on the judges social media accts and call them out on their bullshit. Michelle giving Kandy a huge pass on a body suit that is the color green? She has come full circle. Lying cunt! Someone should also link in the DL to these four cunts!

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2021 12:43 AM

OP, I love you. This season blows. And not in a good way. I'm also reflecting about Symone's runway- it was a straight up costume. She didn't even paint her face fox-like at all.

by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2021 12:46 AM

I thought Rose won it. Symone is great but she didn't win it. It should have been all Rose.

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2021 12:50 AM

Why is everyone so pissed? Did you actually think Tina Burner or Denali were going to be in the Top 4?

Kandy is still there because of her personality. I think they’ve done a good job of showing why she’s so abrasive and she doesn’t annoy me the way she did in the beginning. Ru will keep her as long as she possibly can, but having a top four this year is going to be difficult. It really is between Symone and Gotmik at this point.

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2021 12:57 AM

Now these two are a good pairing. Bendela knows how to handle Trixie. They really complement each other - in a bitchy way. They both love Symone and like Rose. And Trixie pretends that all the contestants are great? Regardless lots of funny back and forth shade between the two of them in this episode of the Pit Stop. Far more entertaining than the RPDR episode they're discussing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2021 1:00 AM

DeLa is one of the best queens to ever be on the show, one of the few that is both an incredible drag queen and actually good at succeeding in the competition format. (Jinkx is another)

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2021 1:03 AM

Kandy's outfit was shockingly bad. And she brought that from home! Its not like it was an outfit she had to make in the workroom.

I didn't particularly like Tina, but it seemed like the judges just suddenly decided they wanted to get rid of her this episode. I thought she won that lip sync against Utica.

by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2021 1:07 AM

R10, I think the judges’ feeling is that Tina is too old school and what she has shown is all she’s got. She did well in the lip sync, but it was an old school drag queen lip sync. She was on borrowed time.

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2021 1:12 AM

r11 Her make up was terrible. Her outfits were terrible.. She was insulted being compared to Nina West, she should be flattered. Nina could paint and knew how to hide her linebacker build. Tina's paint was soooooo bad.

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2021 1:16 AM

Kandy’s runway look was fucking horrible. I can’t believe she didn’t get read for filth as it was so basic. She should have gotten the “this is an international stage and I expect more” speech screamed at her by Ru, but alas, Ru seems to find this love child of Vangie and Silky worth keeping around.

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2021 1:19 AM

r13 Honestly I cannot figure this season out. Tina's lipsynch was way better than Utica's witchy fucking poo thing.

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2021 1:22 AM

Tina's lip sync was just her doing a montage of "silly" dance moves. Per usual with her, nothing original at all.

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2021 1:36 AM

[quote] Tina's lipsynch was way better than Utica's

It wasn’t. It really, really wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 16March 21, 2021 1:38 AM

I love DeLa but I hare she can't read queens to filth. She and Trixie tiptoe around Kandy. It's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 17March 21, 2021 1:40 AM

r17 what was so great about Utica's I mean I am no Tina fan but her's was entertaining at least.

by Anonymousreply 18March 21, 2021 1:42 AM

If Kandy is the example of "new school" then drag is dead! I'm no fan of Tina but at least Tina tried on the runway. Kandy shows up with body suit throws some glitter on it and she's done. Throwing attitude and talking unfunny nonsense out your neck isn't drag.

by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2021 1:49 AM

Tina's was desperate

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2021 1:49 AM

you mean someone else right, r18?

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2021 1:50 AM

Utica won that lip sync fair and square. Morticia Addams singing My Humps is CAMP. Tina looked like she was performing at a Bat Mitzvah. The funky chicken in a lip sync for your life? Gtfo.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2021 1:53 AM

Kandy is clearly being graded on a curve. Most of it is due to the fact that she's a big girl.

I was rewatching Season 3 and when Ru asked who should go home in the Face of Cakes challenge, Delta Work replied that Stacy Layne Matthews should go (and she did) because she thought Stacy was in the mindset that "I'm big, so there should be accommodation made" and that neither she nor Stacy should be given that kind of leeway just because of their size. Delta was a total bitch to Stacy, but she wasn't wrong. And what we're seeing this year is exactly what she talked about.

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2021 1:57 AM

I loved Utica in the lip sync. And the fact that she still delivered so well in a long dress made it better.

by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2021 2:04 AM

Don't be ridiculous. There have been lots of big girls on Drag Race. And a very big one just won UK Drag Race. Ginger the toad Minj was set to win season 7 but the online hate for her onscreen hatefulness when the season aired caused Ru and the producers to last minute go with Violet instead. Delta Work is a good stage performer, but she is a miserable self pitying human being. If you're best friends are Raja and Raven and Morgan - you're a world class cunt.

I hate no idea why the judges favor Kandy. But it's not because of her size. And Silky was far more talented and funny and smart and had better drag. Kandy is being graded on the curve or how TERRIBLE the whole cast is on Season 13.

I will say this. Kandy and Utica should have been bottom two this week. Ru hates Tina Burner. If you're gonna be some old school bar MC queen, at least do it well. Tina does nothing well. She's terrible in fact. I suspect Kandy is being kept around for the drama. I wouldn't worry that she's going to win. Same as talentless Utica is being kept for her minimal charm and freak appeal. Cuz Tina won that lip synch.

I don't like Kandy at all. But anyone who is so blinded by hatred for her is not looking at the rest of this season's cast. It's abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2021 2:09 AM

I'm not a huge Utica fan, her over the top playacting is painful sometimes. All those faces! Ugh. But it works for her in the Lip Syncs as her comedy helps there much more than in a skit or runway.

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2021 2:09 AM

* I have no idea.....freudian slip of the finger?

by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2021 2:11 AM

GUbbbah,ballgagsd..dhaher..enbnbeenwb hab

by Anonymousreply 28March 21, 2021 2:11 AM

Kandy sounds like an adult character on Charlie Brown when she speaks.

by Anonymousreply 29March 21, 2021 2:17 AM

[quote] If Kandy is the example of "new school"

She isn’t. Ru is keeping her strictly for her personality and because she likes her and sees a younger version of herself in Kandy. But Kandy’s a mediocre queen.

Symone and even Utica (although her taste level isn’t there and she’s got a lot of growing to do) are more representative of “new school” drag.

by Anonymousreply 30March 21, 2021 2:33 AM

r30, was Ru a total asshole like Kandy back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 31March 21, 2021 2:38 AM

Not an asshole. A hot-head with a big mouth.

by Anonymousreply 32March 21, 2021 2:41 AM

I think Utica has some of the best looks in the season (she was def robbed in the designer challenge) and she’s an entertaining performer. But she really struggles in skits and comedy routines. If she had that down she would have been top 3 or 4.

by Anonymousreply 33March 21, 2021 2:50 AM

[quote]Kandy is clearly being graded on a curve.

No. Kandy is being kept because every other posts on this thread and every other thread is something about her. You hate her, you talk about her, she keeps you engaged in the show. It's an old reality show trick. You keep the villain/loud mouth/attention seeker on for as long as you can.

by Anonymousreply 34March 21, 2021 2:53 AM

Kandy Moose is that Island native girl who wanted to marry Gilligan on that episode from Gilligan's Island. When Ginger and the ladies wanted to give her a makeover she ate the Lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2021 2:56 AM

Tina w Started out winning that lipstick! However by end, her moves got desperate and didn’t flow into the song. Peppermint was amazing at integrating old school moves into her dance. Tina is not.

Utica was ok. Not the best but she seemed to remain in control and never got desperate.

by Anonymousreply 36March 21, 2021 3:07 AM

Honestly, I don't think Utica is good lip syncer. I thought Elliott beat her

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2021 3:10 AM

It was a boring LS.

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2021 3:55 AM

R35, here’s a short clip with the native girl. It’s not the one where she eats the lipstick, but she does bear more than a slight resemblance to Kandy Moose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2021 4:09 AM

For the record, last season was a dud as well. No matter what Ru says, Jaida's "look over there!" will never be funny or clever.

by Anonymousreply 40March 21, 2021 4:45 AM

R40, Is your Blood Sugar Low?

by Anonymousreply 41March 21, 2021 5:08 AM

R29, yes, you said that in the last thread.

I feel like Utica is not getting enough love for her homemade fashion creations. Bitch is a designer and a star. It's true she doesn't know how to channel her weirdness into passable humor, but that's way better than Kandy's ghettopotamous character, with a fake heart of gold.

Symone is refreshing. She quite simply gets it - humor, fashion, poise, irony. I really hope she wins over the WOMAN that is competing in this DRAG QUEEN show. She was hilarious in Snatch Game, she has served some great looks on the runway, she seems like a fun and nice person, but that is a bio woman and she doesn't belong on a fucking drag show. There, I've stated my boundaries.

Not a fan of Olivia's, she kind of creeps me out. But I thought her commercial was pretty funny.

I can't believe how much ego Tina had over being compared to Rose. Rose has clearly demonstrated way more talent and originality in each and every episode, and Tina should not look down her nose at that one. Plus, red, orange and yellow can totally be a brand, she just never figured out how to make it fun and ironic. Another area where Rose shined - she made fun of her shape-hiding ruffles fetish in her commercial.

I used to get annoyed by Ross Matthews in the early days, but he's really grown on me. I love when he's sitting back and directing the queens, in a relaxed and jovial way. He's really a special talent.

RuPaul is an amazing creature. Y'all should watch her "Ted Talk".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 21, 2021 5:31 AM

Watching the last episode I suddenly realized all of them are completely unlikable.

Fuck knows how Olivia manages to stay in the competition. She couldn't even answer basic questions asked by Ru of her Snatch Game character and the "nice" act is wearing real thin when you see some of her real facial expressions when she's not "acting". She was totally deluded about her soft drink video.

It became apparent that Tina Burner was a 1 note lame duck after the second week. If I never seen orange, red or yellow again it will be too soon. Utica is a totally out of touch weirdo who is unmarketable. Symone and Rose for the top 2. The rest are complete idiots and all of them are unlikable.

How did this become such a bad season? Judging from some of the posts in this thread I'm not alone in the way I feel about it.

by Anonymousreply 43March 21, 2021 5:50 AM

This season isn't the greatest, but it's still better than that awful Season 7.

by Anonymousreply 44March 21, 2021 5:57 AM

I was rolling my eyes at the TV set when the judges fawned all over Kandy's awful commercial and even more horrendous runway look.

Utica has just become annoying now with all her mugging and her grotesque tongue, and her commercial was dumb as hell, but her runway look was creative and striking. For Michelle to say she wasn't thrilled with the look while simultaneously applauding a green body suit with a blow up doll attached was complete bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 45March 21, 2021 11:31 AM

I think Rose's outfit was the best on the runway. That said, I think Rose seems as good as she is because the competition is pretty dire. Rose is a good community Theatre actress, and her commercial was just okay, but miles better than everyone elses, with the exception of Symone, who blows everyone out of the water. (Mik is actually a more subtle actor that Rose, but she just annoys me, and she's a woman) Symone is so far ahead of everyone else, that if she doesn't win, it's totally fixed...but she will.

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2021 11:44 AM

[quote] For the record, last season was a dud as well.

I thought last season had the most likeable cast since season 8. The seasons in between were full of maladjusted depressives, which is saying a lot for drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 47March 21, 2021 12:26 PM

It really wasn’t R14.

by Anonymousreply 48March 21, 2021 12:31 PM

I don’t agree about all of them being unlikable. I liked Iman what’s-her-name and I like Rosé. People here hate Kandy because she’s fat, loud, and non-white, and while I wouldn’t go so far as to say I like her, she annoys me a lot less than in the beginning.

Most of the ones who’ve gone home are boring and a few of them are clearly not very smart, but they all have varying degrees of likability.

by Anonymousreply 49March 21, 2021 12:33 PM

[quote] RuPaul is an amazing creature.

I completely agree. The fact that he has brought drag into mainstream media (both to its detriment and benefit) is pretty fucking amazing. He also is fairly quick witted and has quite a bit of star quality. I never really took him seriously until I watched this show. He can’t really act, sing, or move, but somehow manages to make all of that fascinating. He also CAN look fucking fantastic in drag. Media will be hard pressed to find someone to fill his legacy. He’s one of a kind.

by Anonymousreply 50March 21, 2021 12:36 PM

I don't hate Kandy because she's fat, loud and non-white. I hate her because she's untalented, entitled and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 51March 21, 2021 12:37 PM

Latrice Royale is fat, loud and non-white. And she's beloved!

by Anonymousreply 52March 21, 2021 12:48 PM

I liked Season 12, but seasons 10 and 11 were pretty bad as well. In general American drag race has been on the decline.

by Anonymousreply 53March 21, 2021 1:05 PM

Carson's critique of Kandy was pretty much, "You're a shitty drag queen but you make me laugh" which hopefully means that Kandy will get the chop soon.

I have sympathy for people like Tina Burner who try and try and try but just don't have the "it" needed to succeed in their chosen field. Tina will never have style or wit but still she tries and tries and tries.

by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2021 1:19 PM

Tamisha Iman sounds pissed. She's not wrong, though!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2021 2:15 PM

Kandy is ignorant and I love what the poster above wrote......she talks out of her neck!

Now I can't see it any other way. HAHAHAHA!

Kandy, you cunt, there is such a thing as bad publicity. People may write about you and your idiocy while the show is on the air.......but they sure ain't gonna pay to see you in a club......

by Anonymousreply 56March 21, 2021 2:31 PM

Goobah Blabab gingoooblookah

by Anonymousreply 57March 21, 2021 2:35 PM

It was pretty wild that Kandy didn't - or doesn't - know the difference between $2,500 and $25,000. Even after it was fucking explained to her.

As Kandy would mumble - that is one sad, dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 58March 21, 2021 2:40 PM

[quote]was Ru a total asshole like Kandy back in the day?

People in NYC and LA say that Ru would knife anyone and stop over their bleeding carcass to get what she thought she wanted. There isn't a lot of love for her among her old friends and it's more than resentment or fear. It's real disgust.

by Anonymousreply 59March 21, 2021 2:51 PM

R54 I can't believe Carson thinks Kandy's funny. She's not. She's just loud and obnoxious.

The judges ripped Tina (which they should have; she's awful) for not being versatile enough and being too one-note, but every week, Kandy does the same shtick, too. She seems to be under the impression that if she just yells, it's funny. Apparently, so do the judges. I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 60March 21, 2021 2:59 PM

I also don't get Got Mikk. She seems as if she doesn't really want to be a man, but rather a vacuous LA Sunset Strip girl.

by Anonymousreply 61March 21, 2021 3:01 PM

Symone's commercial was okay. It was better than most everyone else's, but if it wasn't for her gift of being able to deliver a line with good comic timing, it would've been pretty unmemorable.

by Anonymousreply 62March 21, 2021 3:03 PM

Who could feel sorry for Tina? She's been an obnoxious bitch from day one, looking down her nose at everyone with absolutely zero to back up her attitude. As for Kandy, if she had a shred of self-awareness she would understand that she's been graded on a very low curve. But no, instead she's puffed up her ego and leans into her delusion that she's fierce and fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 63March 21, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote]People in NYC and LA say that Ru would knife anyone and stop over their bleeding carcass to get what she thought she wanted. There isn't a lot of love for her among her old friends and it's more than resentment or fear. It's real disgust.

You don't get to be where Ru is without stepping on some toes or stabbing some bitches in the neck. And that goes for anyone with any type of mega success. Hard work and talent only gets you so far. I believe Ru still has some kind of relationship with Lady Bunny. But, where are Ru's other "old friends" today? Still slogging at club gigs in their 60s? You can't cash disgust at Wells Fargo or use it to start a 401k.

by Anonymousreply 64March 21, 2021 3:26 PM

R63 I love that Tina got eliminated before Utica. Tina thought she was somethin' special because she didn't get the "pork chop" in episode 1. She looks at herself as high school head cheerleader and the pork chop queens as the flag team.

Well, the head cheerleader just got flagged for being a shit drag queen!

by Anonymousreply 65March 21, 2021 3:39 PM

[Quote] Tina thought she was somethin' special because she didn't get the "pork chop" in episode 1. She looks at herself as high school head cheerleader and the pork chop queens as the flag team.

Kandy was worse about that but I also loved Tina getting her fat ass kicked off.

by Anonymousreply 66March 21, 2021 4:44 PM

r64, not all of Ru's old friends are busted drag queens in their 60s. NYC ion the 80s was a mash-up of folks from different walks of life and varied talents. Many went on to business careers or other creative endeavors, and are, in fact, very successful. And they have deep, meaningful friendships of long-standing, but not with Ru.

You've betrayed your own shallowness with that response and will obviously die lonely and bitter.

by Anonymousreply 67March 21, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote]You've betrayed your own shallowness

Or perhaps just a lack of knowledge of the cherie cognoscenti of the lower east side in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 68March 21, 2021 5:04 PM

As RuPaul loves reminding everyone, he is an introvert. There aren't a lot of people who are really close to him.

However you look at people like Lady Bunny and Amanda Lepore who were part of that Club Kid scene and have been familiar with Ru for decades and obviously there is a lot of respect and love there

by Anonymousreply 69March 21, 2021 5:10 PM

They are gaslighting everyone with the love for Kandy Muse, who is ugly, unintelligible and has bad drag.

Symone is fine, but her comedy is below Heidi in the Closet. Her drag is good.

Rose as a community theater star is exactly right.

Gottmik is a woman.

Utica, Tina, Olivia Lux are all bad.

It’s just a terrible season.

by Anonymousreply 70March 21, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote]many went on to business careers or other creative endeavors, and are, in fact, very successful.

Okay, fine. Name same of them. And if their lives are so good why are they disgusted with Ru? Why do they even care? And the truth of life is, there are people who come into and out of your life all the time.

by Anonymousreply 71March 21, 2021 5:31 PM

KANDY “producer” MUSE @TheKandyMuse · 15h you wanna know why I’m so obnoxious and full of myself? because imagine your name trending world wide and it’s just all full of hate and why people dislike you. this is why I’m my own biggest cheerleader, y’all are not going to ruin my dreams, I’ve worked hard to be on RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 72March 21, 2021 5:32 PM

This might be the dumbest question in the world, and maybe it's been covered in other threads:

Why is there never another drag performer on thr judge's panel? Is it a power thing w/Ru? That she can be the only queen judging the contestants? It's always the same setup: Ru, Michelle, Carson and/or Ross, and a celebrity guest. Sometimes the celebrities are clueless and don't add anything to the mix. I'd rather see a past winner or well known contestant, or even another semi- famous queen. Does Ru not get along with other queens? What's the deal?

by Anonymousreply 73March 21, 2021 5:32 PM

Ru doesn’t want to share the spotlight with another queen, besides Michelle who is his lap dog.

by Anonymousreply 74March 21, 2021 5:38 PM

Kandy Nude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 21, 2021 5:41 PM

The comparisons here between Symone and Jaida Essence Hall seem strange to me, because apart from being skinny Black queens with swag, they couldn’t be much more different in their type of drag.

Jaida’s win last year felt like the last chance hurrah/swan song for old school pageant girl drag, which hasn’t carried the day since Tyra Sanchez. Symone is very much new style drag - she’s more like the Vixen with a better wardrobe and without her corrosive self-sabotaging Azelia Banks by Michaels schtick. What I would have paid though to watch the Vixen’s response to Ru Paul and production trying to get her to put Utica in BAPS drag. She’d have gone full Lauryn Hill.

by Anonymousreply 76March 21, 2021 6:36 PM

Direct link to Tamisha's IG Live. She's definitely not as positive about her experience as she was when she first sashayed. She says when her NDA with WOW is up that she's not holding back.

We been done knew that RPDR isn't and never has been the competitive reality show it purports to be, but one bit of new tea is that production gets photos of the queens' wardrobes first thing so they can use outfits in constructing storylines and determining elimination order.

I love how she says she and Kandy are good but she's not rooting for any of the remaining queens. LOL

She would be rooting for Kahmora, Joey Jay, and Denali if they hadn't gone home, and she thinks Denali got screwed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 21, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote]Azelia Banks by Michaels schtick

🤣😂😁

by Anonymousreply 78March 21, 2021 6:40 PM

Guess we can scratch Tamisha off the All-Stars list

by Anonymousreply 79March 21, 2021 6:40 PM

R75 Did NOT need to see that.

by Anonymousreply 80March 21, 2021 6:42 PM

Uncensored Kandy dick in the middle (Aja on the left and Dahlia "Broccoli" Sin on the right)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 21, 2021 6:55 PM

R81 Stop! I'm nauseous!

by Anonymousreply 82March 21, 2021 6:57 PM

R81 Kandy looks like she hasn't cleaned her dick off in a year.

by Anonymousreply 83March 21, 2021 7:03 PM

Back to the show for a bit. I decided to rewatch. I don't think Tina should have been in the bottom, I just think her time was up. The bottom 2 should have been Mik and Utica or Mik and Olivia. There is no way that Mik should have been safe this week.

by Anonymousreply 84March 21, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote] People in NYC and LA say that Ru would knife anyone and stop over their bleeding carcass to get what she thought she wanted. There isn't a lot of love for her among her old friends and it's more than resentment or fear. It's real disgust.

People who are from a famous person’s past 99% of the time feel resentment and anger that they didn’t become famous as well. This is not all surprising and doesn’t change my opinion about him at all. Yeah, he’s a cunt. So is literally 100% of the entertainment business and that includes the “nice” ones.

by Anonymousreply 85March 21, 2021 8:11 PM

I'm glad Kandy Moose is her biggest cheerleader - but it must be lonely ....

Smash her dreams? LOL......cunt did that to herself.

by Anonymousreply 86March 21, 2021 8:37 PM

Mik was at the Voss Events in Los Angeles all this weekend. She wasn't on the bill but made it clear she was there. She was with Vanjie most of the time who also was not on the bill. Interesting Mik was the only13 queen there. You can go to Vanjies IG stories and watch.

by Anonymousreply 87March 21, 2021 8:39 PM

Exactly, r86.

by Anonymousreply 88March 21, 2021 8:40 PM

No way Utica won that last lip synch against TB. Utica should not still be there. She should be the next to go. I also agree with what most have said about Kandy, but I do think she is funny. This last runway look was hideous and she needs to step huh pussy up. Gottnodik has talent, but she is a gimmick at this point. Limited repertoire. Big Symone fan here. Agree with someone upthread who said Rose’ is her biggest competition.

by Anonymousreply 89March 21, 2021 9:19 PM

I wish someone could point to a single instance where Kandy was funny, because I haven't seen it. And no, bellowing "bitch" every five seconds doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 90March 21, 2021 9:55 PM

Kandy never won that LS against Joey. Kandy wasn't put in the "porckchop" for a reason. Joey killed her in everyway in that first LS. Kandy did her usually of fucking up the lyrics and holding her dress up because it was made shitty. She held her top up the majority of the LS time. That changed the dynamics of the game for her. It fed her ego into thinking she is the greatest but she's not. It fed her delusion. We have watched it this entire time. Maddening!

by Anonymousreply 91March 21, 2021 10:51 PM

Forget Kandy. Forget Season 13. Bob's a pompous ASS. But Thorgy Thor is darling and very funny. Tell the truth about UK Drag Thorgy! AND Bob's undeserved skate to a win in Season 8...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 21, 2021 10:53 PM

"People in NYC and LA say that Ru would knife anyone and stop over their bleeding carcass to get what she thought she wanted. There isn't a lot of love for her among her old friends and it's more than resentment or fear. It's real disgust."

Sorry, I don't know how to quote so it's indented, but my opinion on this is this...

In general, the idea that some star supposedly knifed another one in the back in order to become famous is just complete bullshit, and only happens in the movies. What really happens, and I've been there myself, is that certain people get lucky, and take an opportunity all the way to stardom, usually with a lot of hard work to go with it. Those that are, as a result of this opportunity, 'knifed in the back', simply do not exist. The opportunity was not for them in the first place, but their frail egos cannot accept it. Opportunity isn't presented to wannabes like throwing money out the window. It is directed at very specific people, at specific places and times, and from there the competition is what it is. Just because you get an opportunity, and take it (which you should), and it works out for you, it doesn't ever make you the giver of future opportunities to your friends.

by Anonymousreply 93March 22, 2021 12:15 AM

GM has to go. She really is a one note Charlie....Charlene and it is becoming more apparent as this 158 episode season goes on. Her "character" in the branding challenge was basically the same as her Paris Hilton in the Snatch Game. I can't remember who said on here that she basically acts like a Valley Girl, because she IS one, (paraphrasing as I cant find the post), was dead on. I'm the one who mentioned her constant laughing and opened mouth bend at the waist knee slapping being irritating as fuck. And lucky me got to see more of it. I'm ready to slap her/him/her/ugh

As for her using the word delusional a lot when working on her stupid ad. I wonder if she was going to use that for the name of the drink, and someone nixed it because "Delusion" is what Jinkx used for the name of her perfume in her branding challenge. But seriously, ANYTHING would have been better than that ridiculous name she came up with.

Quit this game GM, you'll never be good at it. Go get your tits stuffed back in and find a new rich girl hobby.

I wonder if Kandy is this iteration's Lawrence (sorry for the comparison, Lawrence). I said on the UK thread that Ru had it in her head from the start that Lawrence was going to get the win no matter what, even when it became clear that Bimini totally deserved it. And look what happened. Ru loves Kandy for whatever reasons. Symone, who I like, though could use a bit more seasoning/miles under her belt to really shine, deserves the crown. I really hope she gets it. I have a bad feeling she won't.

by Anonymousreply 94March 22, 2021 2:15 AM

I don't usually watch the Untucked episodes, and haven't watched any this season except this time.

I really warmed up to Rose this episode, especially in Untucked. She came off like a fully formed human being and very self aware. I wasn't getting that before. I wasn't getting much at all from her before, and I was really enjoying "seeing" her finally. I liked that she genuinely said Symone was going to win and lightened it up with silly joke about unless she disappears suddenly and then she might have a chance. Rose, use that 5k for some laser treatments on that skin, honey.

I was also impressed by Utica's self awareness about how bad her ad was. I see that the other girls find her weird but aren't flat out cruel to her. (Again, my first Untucked of the season, so maybe they were more cunty toward her in other ones, I don't know). I think that with the right drag mother, who understands "oddball" and comedy, but also understands glam and costume, is what she really needs. (Maybe Jinx would be up for the challenge?) Utica's body with those limbs could go so far on the runway, as we've seen at least once. She reminds me a bit of Kristen McMenamy. I also think with the right kind of coaching she could be even better at lip sync, hell, she's not too shabby at it, she's still here.

Agree with r94. Not surprised to see Got Money but Not Much Originality be handled with care when she could have used some fair criticism and would have gotten it if she WASN'T A FUCKING BIO WOMAN. Not only was there no criticism (and her self critique was totally shall we say, delusional, or at least way off the mark), the labia licking from the other contestants....come ON. Please, please, please let this "experiment" be a one and done. PLEASE! Mary!

So glad Tina got the boot. During Untucked she had less self awareness than Kandy and that's a bit of an...achievement. Rose was trying to give some non cunty (at least at first) constructive criticism (as was, yes, Kandy, and while I'm not a Kandy "hater", this is as weird to type as one might imagine). Speaking of Kandy, she also got her dick sucked too. Praise to the point of parody. What the fuck is going on here?

by Anonymousreply 95March 22, 2021 4:11 AM

Re-watching Season 2 on Hulu. Only a few minutes in, but it's a bit sad to see how engaged Ru was with the queens back in the day, compared to how he is so distanced now. Warm, genuine handshakes, and a real smile on his face. He has blamed his inability to be close to contestants now on his past drug use fucking with his brain, but I'm not sure I believe that, as he is far more of his "old self" on the UK version. There, he's having fun like in these early days I am watching now, and he keeps his platitudes to a minimum.

I wonder if he got creatively hobbled when the show was moved from Logo to VH-1, and ended up having less say/control? Or, maybe mainstream fame and the Emmy awards got to his head. He used to say he would rather have an enema then an Emmy--until he got the first one.

by Anonymousreply 96March 22, 2021 6:51 AM

"People here hate Kandy because she’s fat, loud, and non-white."

R49, comments like this are what's wrong with the world. What a one dimensional, boring and lazy "critique" of why Kandy might not be the fan favorite.

Most of us LOVE a drag queen who might be fat, loud and/or non white!

We just like them to also be funny, talented, and likable.

by Anonymousreply 97March 22, 2021 7:27 AM

R97 thanks for stating that.

What a liberty of that poster to put all the disdain for Kandy down to that.

by Anonymousreply 98March 22, 2021 9:06 AM

R95 Utica the self deluded grotesque one kept saying how awful her commercial was......fishing for the others to give her something positive back: "It wasn't that bad"......"It was okay, honey......"

She kept it up and got nothing but crickets......so she finally shut her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 99March 22, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote]as he is far more of his "old self" on the UK version. There, he's having fun like in these early days

Maybe it's because the UK version is more like the early versions of US Drag Race and the queens and the fans aren't looking for a million ways to cancel him because they don't think he's woke enough.

by Anonymousreply 100March 22, 2021 2:58 PM

Yes, he really seems to love the UK queens, and he's enthusiastic and engaged during the judges' discussions. The only time he really shows a spark anymore on the mother ship is during a really good LSFYL. Can't wait to see [italic]Drag Race Down Under.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 101March 22, 2021 2:58 PM

Is Ru presenting the Australian one or will it be like that dreadful Canadian one?

by Anonymousreply 102March 22, 2021 3:00 PM

Yes, Ru and Michelle are participating—he hosts all Drag Race editions with "RuPaul's" in the title. In one episode he's going to confront a queen (Scarlet Adams) for past racist behavior.

by Anonymousreply 103March 22, 2021 3:10 PM

Hilarious that Ru and Michelle will host UK and Australia, but won’t touch the Canadian version because Toronto isn’t as glamorous as London and Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 104March 22, 2021 3:27 PM

R104, I thought it had something to with a copyright issue, but I'm probably wrong or mixing up something.

by Anonymousreply 105March 22, 2021 3:41 PM

R105 Yes, there's some sort of copyright issue preventing them from using the name"Drag Race Canada." There's an actual drag race (like, you know, with cars) called "Drag Race Canada."

R104 I can't blame Ru and Michelle for not wanting to film in Canada in the middle of November. However, I suspect that the issues surrounding RuPaul and Michelle's involvement might be more complicated and might be related to rules pertaining to Canadian productions. They probably require a certain amount of Canadian talent and might prevent Ru/Michelle being involved as the UK, not that they'd want to host a Canadian version in the first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 22, 2021 7:34 PM

Michelle was the mainstage guest host (i.e., in the Ru slot) for the last CDR episode before the finale. Ru also filmed the Werk Room videos for CDR and [italic]Drag Race Holland[/italic] (which sucked ass and surprised me by getting renewed).

by Anonymousreply 107March 22, 2021 8:15 PM

r87, isn't Mik the only one who lives in L.A. out of the S13 coven?

by Anonymousreply 108March 22, 2021 8:38 PM

Symone lives in L.A. She's not a swamp water girl anymore. I really like her and everyone loves her. That didn't help Bimini win UK Drag Race though. The predetermined, Ru's favorite, Lawrence Chaney won. Even though Bimini lapped him in the last 5 episodes, including the finale. The show has been rigged since Season 7. Don't press yourself to praise Rose and Utica and who? They are all shite. Except for Symone, who we can't even judge anymore because the rest of them are all so BAD.

Symone will do fine if the world ever opens up again. Even the evil young white fangirls seems to like her. Not as much racial hate is directed at Symone as our thread monitor drools out every day here. From multiple devices. Always applauding his own posts. Ha. So sad and transparent.

I'm sure that Gottmik will win. You heard it here first. It's not a spoiler - because it hasn't been decided yet. But I'll bet you a thousand dollahs.

by Anonymousreply 109March 23, 2021 12:43 AM

I believe Symone is based in LA, too.

by Anonymousreply 110March 23, 2021 1:32 AM

You're a moron and not fooling no one R110.

by Anonymousreply 111March 23, 2021 1:53 AM

I think Symone lives in L.A.

by Anonymousreply 112March 23, 2021 1:59 AM

Gjgtfh frhfff vfytydbm bodabba googglyytr, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 113March 23, 2021 5:10 AM

Symone lives in Los Angeles.

More tidbits here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 23, 2021 5:14 AM

I think Symone lives in L.A. Kandy is a fat cunt. I hate The Vixen. Kennedy Davenport is ghetto. Shangela didn't deserve anything. I hate Monique Hart. Monet is ugly. Jaida Essence Hall has no talent. Silky is disgusting. Tyra is a thug....

by Anonymousreply 115March 23, 2021 5:17 AM

Just block them r115. Why perpetuate / repeat the very words and comments that offend you?

by Anonymousreply 116March 23, 2021 5:52 AM

[quote]Why is there never another drag performer on thr judge's panel?

But there [bold]IS[/bold] R73. Michelle Visage is literally a drag queen.

Also - there is a pandemic on at the moment so that's probably why the same judges are being used over and over.

by Anonymousreply 117March 23, 2021 5:53 AM

R113 is a plague. Posting from multiple devices and accounts. You can't block it once and get rid of it. I'll fight it my own way R116. Be part of the solution or shut the fuck up.

I don't get off on racist pigs. And the few comments I mentioned are out of thousands that disgusting old white fag @ R113 has made on Drag Race threads over the years. Don't tell me what I get off on. Stop congratulating yourself.

by Anonymousreply 118March 23, 2021 6:11 AM

Are you suffering from low blood sugar R113? Or is this more a hangry episode to be solved with a Snickers?

by Anonymousreply 119March 23, 2021 7:40 AM

There are many old rumors that Ru really wanted pal Chi Chi LaRue to be a judge but Logo said no because of Chi Chi's porn connection.

Ru is "phoning it in" because he's bored as fuck with hosting the show but he's sort of stuck. The Netflix series didn't pan out (because RuPaul isn't an actor) and the talk show didn't get picked up so all he has is RPDR which is fine for his bank account but ultimately kind of a bore to have to grind out.

And, apparently the world is happy for him and World of Wonder to keep grinding out the same old sausage just in slightly different flavors.

by Anonymousreply 120March 23, 2021 7:55 AM

I really don't get why the judges are so enamoured with Kandy Muse, to the point of giving her a free pass time and time again. Her make-up is beyond busted. Almost all of her outfits have been basic and sloppy. They go on about her personality and how funny she is...gurl please, she's as funny as a heart attack. I just don't get it.

I think the top 4 should be Rosé, Symone, Utica and Gotmik.

by Anonymousreply 121March 23, 2021 10:30 AM

Really not surprised to see all of the trans-hate directed at Gotmik from you sad little cretins on here either - you never fail to show your true disgusting, hateful colours. He's a trans MAN and if you are so fucking insecure as to be threatened by that, that you have to use that as a way to abuse, you're beyond pathetic you toxic maggot-dicked bigots.

by Anonymousreply 122March 23, 2021 10:45 AM

R118 is insane. I have posted like twice on this thread, and have never said anything racist here or anywhere on DL.

by Anonymousreply 123March 23, 2021 1:10 PM

I think Ru is bored because the queens they pick are too polished. Like others, I have started watching old seasons of this show. Those queens were busted. Fucked up teeth, fucked up fashions, fucked up makeup, it was very messy, but they were fun and interesting. Now you have queens coming in who are Instagram famous who have never done shows. Queens with designer wardrobes. And when was the last time you saw someone on that show with a busted grill?

by Anonymousreply 124March 23, 2021 2:02 PM

r124, s that why she likes Kandy, because she's a hot mess?

by Anonymousreply 125March 23, 2021 2:12 PM

The show needs to bring back the queens making their clothing during the competition. Sure, bring in a few outfits but the majority has to be made during the shows filming.

by Anonymousreply 126March 23, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote][R124], s that why she likes Kandy, because she's a hot mess?

It's one of the reasons why I like Kandy (I know I'm in the minority). The queens with the designer labels and who are too polished and who have never struggled a day in their lives, bore me.

by Anonymousreply 127March 23, 2021 2:42 PM

I honestly don't think Kandy has many teeth

by Anonymousreply 128March 23, 2021 2:47 PM

Yea it's hard to tell R128 since her mouth is in her neck.

by Anonymousreply 129March 23, 2021 2:49 PM

Why do just go for "It is HATE!!!11" whenever we don't fall at the feet of a trans person? I have no issue with Gotmik for being without a dick, because if TWAW, then TMAM, and it is appropriate to the queer theory being pushed. Having said that, I don't like GM because like Aquaria and GiGi Good: they are creations made with lots of $$$$, and tuned perfectly to this show.

by Anonymousreply 130March 23, 2021 3:01 PM

[Quote] I don't like GM because like Aquaria and GiGi Good: they are creations made with lots of $$$$, and tuned perfectly to this show.

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

by Anonymousreply 131March 23, 2021 3:05 PM

I agree with R130 in getting Aquaria/Gigi "drag just too curated specifically for this show" vibes when it comes to Mik. Been thinking that for weeks now.

GM (who we know is a RPDR superfan) was clearly "influenced" by Jinkx's Delusion perfume commercial for her own commercial's concept, but she couldn't be too on the nose with it, otherwise the judges and viewers would have definitely called her out, so we got what we got. It makes me question her originality.

"Gottmik will win. You heard it here first"? I predicted that way back in Thread One.

by Anonymousreply 132March 23, 2021 3:08 PM

Ru clearly likes Symone. I'd be shocked if she doesn't win.

by Anonymousreply 133March 23, 2021 3:43 PM

R130 not only nailed the GottMik inauthenticity but the entire reason the US version isn’t enjoyable anymore: everyone is 21, grew up watching the show, and curated their drag for the sole purpose of the competition, instead of the art form.

I read an interview with Willam where he said the majority of the season 4 queens were overdrafting on their checking account to afford cigarettes. None of them could afford designer anything (except Willam, who had a rich husband). Sharon Needles won the ball challenge wearing her own dirty laundry.

by Anonymousreply 134March 23, 2021 4:07 PM

[quote]instead of the art form

Let us stipulate that we use this term loosely.

by Anonymousreply 135March 23, 2021 5:13 PM

What we want is RuPaul's Public Assistance Drag Race. Poor queens only. No outfit over $50. That will make DL happy.

by Anonymousreply 136March 23, 2021 5:28 PM

[quote]That will make DL happy.

Fat chance. Try to make the DL happy. You just try.

by Anonymousreply 137March 23, 2021 5:55 PM

R122, Lol Let me guess, you're DL's local T-chaser, amirite?

by Anonymousreply 138March 23, 2021 6:04 PM

R138 I also don't believe putting man in capitals actually makes GotaMick a MAN.

by Anonymousreply 139March 23, 2021 6:07 PM

Ehh, it’s been pretty obvious this show has been morphing into America’s Next Top Model.

by Anonymousreply 140March 23, 2021 6:12 PM

[quote]What we want is RuPaul's Public Assistance Drag Race. Poor queens only. No outfit over $50. That will make DL happy.

I don't think that's the case. I like to see nice fashions, but I think some people are just not happy that the show isn't what it once was.

I'm going to compare it to Big Brother. I loved Big Brother seasons 2-6/7, Then around season 10 or so, they started getting contestants who were very self aware, and they were casting for types, and people who were thirsty for fame. Organic conflict was replaced by showmances and famewhoring and the show lost, to me, what was so interesting about it.

As for Drag Race, I think Seasons 1-6 were raw and subversive. Those queens had been through it on the club circuit and in life and those things informed their drag and made them more interesting watch.

Then you have this new crop of queens who get upset that Ru isn't their best friend in the work room or that the show is woke enough. And they are so self aware now with their scary online fanbases. It's just a completely different vibe.

by Anonymousreply 141March 23, 2021 11:25 PM

Naturally, I can't stand the majority of this season's queens and couldn't stomach anyone other than Symone winning.

One queen that's starting to annoy me (not on the same level as Kandy, et al.) is Rose. I just don't get these musical theatre queens who become drag queens. Her looks are basic (even if they're designer) and show a lack of taste. Sure, she can sing. Big whoop. She's such a paint-by-numbers drag queen. I just don't get it. Same with Denali. I think Raja once referred to queens like this as "add to cart queens." Queens adding every costume into their Amazon cart. I got that feeling from a lot of queens on Season 11 and Season 12. So many generic queens with no personality.

by Anonymousreply 142March 24, 2021 12:17 AM

r141, you just jogged my memory of a queen (Miss Fame?) who kept on repeating, "on brand"...that's when it started to go downhill.

by Anonymousreply 143March 24, 2021 12:20 AM

I hate those fucking Sharpie eye brows on anyone, but esp Rose! That's a trend whose time is well over.

by Anonymousreply 144March 24, 2021 12:29 AM

R143 Ha, was just thinking that. And also, the Instagram queens like Kim Chi, who could not walk, talk, dance nor think. But serves great looks....who fucking cares.

by Anonymousreply 145March 24, 2021 12:32 AM

[quote] I just don't get these musical theatre queens who become drag queens.

It’s called weaponizing your BFA and it became a huge meme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146March 24, 2021 1:28 AM

WTF r136? That's not what was said. Queens made outfits on the show and all materials provided by the show. They also were able to bring a few nice outfits for certain challenges made outside of the show. It tested their skills. Not a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 147March 24, 2021 1:48 AM

R146 Ok... that twitter user is 100% right. "Weaponizing BAs" is a PERFECT way to describe them!!!

by Anonymousreply 148March 24, 2021 2:55 AM

I think that there needs to be an iteration, (hopefully without RuPaul who seems to have a fuckton of jealousy issues), with queens of a certain age (Coco Peru already has my vote, in fact put her in the Ru spot). There are so many older queens that would bring in a new audience, with their higher level of talent, wit and polished drag. Cherry on the cake, this would likely shoo away the 14 year old maniacs.

by Anonymousreply 149March 24, 2021 8:42 AM

I think the time for a veterans only season has passed. It's all about new drag now. The entire reddit fanbase would explode over an echo of Ok Boomers.

by Anonymousreply 150March 24, 2021 2:51 PM

When did they ever make a lot of their costumes ON the show?

They had those kinds of challenges, sure, but most of what the queens wore, is what they bring with them.

Yes, the show has changed (for the worse, IMO) but it's to to be expected. All of these kinds of shows start going down the drain after the 6th season or so....the contestants start knowing HOW to play the game and it's never as interesting as it is when the show still felt new and different.

Other difference: the contestants are getting younger and younger. When the show started, you had some Xers and older Millennials. Now, it's all young Millennials and Gen Z and it's....tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 151March 24, 2021 10:10 PM

If nothing else, this Season and Kandy's antics have shown every future Drag Queen that if you want to stay on the show, be as dramatic and difficult as you can.

Which is the lesson that Kandy obviously learned from past dramatic and difficult Queens. She just ramped it up. (And has a problem thinking and speaking, which compounds the acerbic personality.)

by Anonymousreply 152March 24, 2021 10:26 PM

Although she is not my favorite winner - I think Aquaria was a great contestant and winner. Yes, Giovanni had money and an online fanbase - but She also had tons of talent, humor and personality. And the bitch works hard. He's a cute boy too. Started performing in drag at 18, attended FIT, was Sharon Needles drag daughter and was friendly with Susanne Bartsch. Those are not bad credentials for a young queen to win Drag Race. Aquaria deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 153March 24, 2021 10:29 PM

R152, and say “bitch” a lot. Like make it every third word out of your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 154March 24, 2021 11:24 PM

^^^

Bitch! Thugado thnorch bitch! Skavezie slabadoo bitch! Leslie Uggums bitch!

by Anonymousreply 155March 24, 2021 11:30 PM

That joke was slightly funny the first time. You've run it into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 156March 25, 2021 1:49 AM

Blame this never fucking ending season.

by Anonymousreply 157March 25, 2021 6:55 AM

How have the fans reacted to Kandy? Is it favorable or not? I don't follow any other message boards so I don't know what the young girls are saying.

by Anonymousreply 158March 25, 2021 4:18 PM

Guess who's back in the house?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 25, 2021 7:30 PM

How do queens afford to do so many music videos? Do they get a discount? Are they in debt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 26, 2021 2:29 AM

Thanks for sharing, R160. The fact that Utica and Candy are still there makes this video all the more pertinent. Denali should not have gone home so early. So many of those queens are just not on her level. Hopefully it will come down to Symone and Rose.

by Anonymousreply 161March 26, 2021 5:05 AM

Preview for the episode!

Utica's stealth cuntiness is cracking me up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 26, 2021 1:48 PM

Poor Utica is going to bomb this roast and it's going to make my asshole suck buttermilk

by Anonymousreply 163March 26, 2021 11:42 PM

I just realized who the grotesque Utica reminds me of - ice skating loser Jason Brown.

They are both difficult to look at.

Watching the preview - once again her description of her failings was followed by her "What do you guys think?" I guess he was hoping they would try to feed him bullshit.....but once again.....crickets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 26, 2021 11:42 PM

Maybe this link will work....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 26, 2021 11:43 PM

Utica is acting UGLY tonoyt

by Anonymousreply 166March 27, 2021 12:37 AM

Lol, Utica, what a twat.

by Anonymousreply 167March 27, 2021 12:56 AM

Ru, just send this bitch home, no lip sync necessary

by Anonymousreply 168March 27, 2021 1:01 AM

Rose and Mik killed. Surprisingly, Kandy was passable. Everyone else sucked Ru’s sweaty balls.

by Anonymousreply 169March 27, 2021 1:06 AM

Ugh. How could Kandy win.

by Anonymousreply 170March 27, 2021 1:25 AM

Rose or Mik should have won. No way did Moose win that.

by Anonymousreply 171March 27, 2021 1:26 AM

Utica made me uncomfortable during the post-elimination scenes in Untucked. Why... is she like that. 😬😦

by Anonymousreply 172March 27, 2021 2:05 AM

^ Fucked up by religion and homeschooling

by Anonymousreply 173March 27, 2021 2:35 AM

Utica is a sociopath with delusions of grandeur.

And she’s dumb as a bag of wet hair.

by Anonymousreply 174March 27, 2021 3:25 AM

I’m sort of here for Utica’s blithe hee-yucky sociopathy, but she’s for sure going to become an alt-right Miss Congeniality within six months of her season.

by Anonymousreply 175March 27, 2021 3:42 AM

Oh, after tonight I don’t see Utica getting Ms. Congeniality. Ru flipped her off. Twice. Maybe Olivia? This was a weird episode. Olivia should have been in the bottom, not Symone. I’m really not sure wtf is going on at this point.

by Anonymousreply 176March 27, 2021 3:45 AM

Lol. no, R176, I meant she’s going to get radicalized and be the first Ru girl to be a guest columnist for Takimag.com

by Anonymousreply 177March 27, 2021 3:50 AM

Nothing much more to add to what's already been said. WTF is wrong with Utica. She wasn't funny, just plain insulting during the rehearsal and was just as bad in the roast. Her funniest moment was actually when Loni Love responded to her by saying, "I'm not the one on stage bombing" or words to that effect. Hurtful maybe but Utica went on the attack first. Thought Rose killed it, followed by GottMik then Kandy but no way was the latter the best - bitches!

by Anonymousreply 178March 27, 2021 4:22 AM

Mik is hilarious and wonderfully demented looking. I may very well be in lasting love with Symone. He's so sexy. If bars,clubs and tours ever happen again - Symone is the next Drag Race Superstar. Utica was disturbing. Rose is such a butch Drag Queen! A gay gay gay man, but such a butch drag queen. He's not pretty but he is really very talented. I like him. Heidi N Closet remains blessed and highly favored. With terrible makeup skills. Loni Love clapped BACK at Utica. And Ru wasn't kidding with the middle fingers.

Kandy got some help from someone. Head to toe makeover and a writer too? Same storyline as Trinity K Bonet in Season 6. Suddenly, a stand up comedian? Suspicious.

Regardless. Halfway decent episode. The first one of a season that debuted on New Years Day!! Great lip sync. Fantastic song. Miss Grande.

Gottmik is funny y'all. Not just with the jokes. The mones....

by Anonymousreply 179March 27, 2021 6:13 AM

Soon to be an iconic meme:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 27, 2021 6:25 AM

I had to fast forward through the roasts. It's actually cruel to make non comedians do this.

by Anonymousreply 181March 27, 2021 6:29 AM

True words from Gottmik.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 27, 2021 6:33 AM

Everybody say Love. Loni Love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183March 27, 2021 7:13 AM

[quote]it's going to make my asshole suck buttermilk

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 184March 27, 2021 8:20 AM

Please put this season to sleep. I agree that Kandy had to have been given a lot of help to do as well as she did, but THAT much help in such a short period of time? I do think she was the best out of an otherwise straggly lot. Especially for going first, I have to say I did not see that coming. Utica is such a fucking freak. I, too, think her religion has messed her up. She's got dark anger for days. I walk back some of my earlier positive-ish comments about her. Glad to see her go, though a strange part of me will miss the trainwreck-ness, mostly because this is such a fucking boring season.

If GM is going to play at being a drag queen, bitch is going to have to use some tit padding once in a while, or dress as one would would with a naturally flat bosom. Deal with it. I thought the fit of that dress was horrible on her, and if she was a bio male, she would have been read for not having a fitted bust. BUT NO! Can't say anything but positives. She wasn't fine in the roast, but that said, I didn't find it very memorable. (No one really was except the massive flops.) But come on, getting critiques like wow, we could see you having a future in stand up? What?

Olivia needs to go home. She's gone farther than I thought she would, but I think her skill set just isn't there to go any further. I'm worried Symone is going to get into her head. and lose this thing. She's starting to get wobbly, and her confidence is diminishing. I think Rose did a good job, but again, nothing to write home about.

It really was an odd episode.

by Anonymousreply 185March 27, 2021 8:30 AM

Sorry, I meant to say GM did fine in the roast, but, etc...

by Anonymousreply 186March 27, 2021 8:31 AM

Who bombed?

by Anonymousreply 187March 27, 2021 8:52 AM

Utica (incredibly offensive and disturbing) and Olivia (just pathetic) should both have gone in a double elimination. Fuck knows how Olivia and her tired "nice" act is still in the competition... She better go next week. Utica is living in some other alternate reality entirely. Great costumes and creativity but totally insane.

Did anyone notice the anger in Ru's eyes when Utica was performing? She was not impressed. Not one bit.

by Anonymousreply 188March 27, 2021 10:40 AM

I just found out that Symone's gold dress was made by Gigi Goode's mother- I guess she has a gig making clothes for skinny drag queens now.

This was such a non-entertaining episode.

by Anonymousreply 189March 27, 2021 10:44 AM

Please, I can't see it yet, what was so offensive about by Utica?

by Anonymousreply 190March 27, 2021 11:00 AM

Kandy Moose must have had a LOT of help with those jokes....those that I could understand were kind of funny.....the others must have been things she heard other smarter queens say at a club somewhere....

She was only the best because the rest of the contestants were so BAD.

Good riddance to the ugly Utica.....go back where you came from and live in a hole somewhere.....she was still fishing for compliments and build ups when NONE were forthcoming - and rightly so.

Michelle and Loni were right - Rose was funnier in rehearsal.....but NO cards! Great routine!

by Anonymousreply 191March 27, 2021 1:05 PM

Ugly mush mouthed Kandy will be insufferable now that she's "won" a challenge - even if it was by default....which she will never acknowledge.

The funniest thing is, the stupid fool thinks she won $50,000.

by Anonymousreply 192March 27, 2021 1:07 PM

Out if curiosity I started to watch season 2 of Drag Race Thailand and those queens... are kind of fierce!!

by Anonymousreply 193March 27, 2021 1:11 PM

I don't think Utica's set was offensive r190, it just wasn't funny. In rehearsal she did get in trouble for relying lazy fat jokes.

Man, there was a lot of cringe this episode. Yikes.

I will give it to Kandy she was the right winner of this challenge, but man the bar was low.

by Anonymousreply 194March 27, 2021 1:15 PM

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I read some reviews. Utica made fat jokes and asked Ru to stand up at the judge's table so people could see what she's wearing from the waist down? That's what people are upset about?

by Anonymousreply 195March 27, 2021 1:21 PM

Ru flipped her off, twice then made an obscene gesture that had t be blurred. I tihnk Utica got the message. There were a lot of Ru is so old jokes whch historically she never liked but this time she did her fake hyterical laughing. I didn't laugh at one thing Kandy said, I did laugh at Mik. Rose was the most polished but yeah it was funnier in rehersal.

by Anonymousreply 196March 27, 2021 1:53 PM

R196 Asking Ru to stand up is what set Ru off. Multiple queens have confirmed that Ru’s dresses are tearaways and after he walks the runway, the sweats and slippers go on!

by Anonymousreply 197March 27, 2021 2:15 PM

R193- right?? I wish they had one of the contestants from DRT with Pangina Heals as part of the RPDR International show.

by Anonymousreply 198March 27, 2021 2:25 PM

Gotmik was so much better the Kandi Ass, she should have won. All in all, terrible show last night, no winners. Sad to see Utica gone, she was so damn dizzy and yet grateful. She's a nice person where Kandi is just evil.

by Anonymousreply 199March 27, 2021 2:37 PM

I couldn’t understand a word Kandy said. Is she toothless? Mik came off best. The rest were shockingly unfunny. Worst season ever but I’ll stick with it until the end.

by Anonymousreply 200March 27, 2021 2:37 PM

Sums up Utica’s performance last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 27, 2021 2:40 PM

R197 is that true? Lol that would be hilarious to see Ru in slippers and sweatpants

by Anonymousreply 202March 27, 2021 2:41 PM

Ru has talked about wearing sweats from the waist down at judges table.

It's his damn show, I'd make myself comfortable too.T

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203March 27, 2021 2:53 PM

I think much of the problem with Utica's jokes, especially the fat jokes, is that it comes off as so disingenuous given the many times she was so worried about "cultural appropriation" and other SJW matters. On top of that, she had no self-awareness, saying she killed her jokes, others just didn't get them, could have a career as a comedian and roaster, etc. The looks on the faces of the other queens were priceless

by Anonymousreply 204March 27, 2021 2:54 PM

Utica refuses to believe she isn't funny. It's the same with snatch game, the same with her commercial.

People try to help her but she is too delusional to listen.

by Anonymousreply 205March 27, 2021 2:58 PM

R204 Yes, that is what I think is so strange about Utica. She thinks that it's offensive to wear an afro wig as Bob Ross, but doubling down and calling Loni Love a whale as she's trying to give you constructive criticism? Girl... no. And then Utica dug in and kept making it worse and worse? They TOLD YOU not to do it!!!!! Why didn't she listen!?!?! She clearly can't take any constructive criticism.

Utica is just weird. She seemed so nutty as she was leaving during Untucked.

by Anonymousreply 206March 27, 2021 2:59 PM

I also just remembered the note Utica read from Oliva in which Olivia SUPPOSEDLY asked her out on a date!!!!! I just... no.

by Anonymousreply 207March 27, 2021 3:02 PM

Utica lacks social awareness. Homeschooling will do that.

by Anonymousreply 208March 27, 2021 3:09 PM

I don't think Kandy got any help. I know a lot of you can't stand her, but the bitch is funny.

by Anonymousreply 209March 27, 2021 3:12 PM

Utica lost all my goodwill last night.

I have some mental illness in my immediate family and what I saw in Utica last night really triggered me. What I saw was disassociation and delusions of grandeur and what we used to say about my mother: JPN (Just Plain Nuts). There's real pathology there and it is frightening.

I wonder if they have been editing some of that behavior out of the show in past episodes by let it fly for his farewell? I'm sure the full tea will be spilled by the other contestants after the season is over.

by Anonymousreply 210March 27, 2021 3:14 PM

Olivia Sux! Gottmik said what we have been thinking all season!

by Anonymousreply 211March 27, 2021 3:14 PM

Utica seems like a weird creepy nightmare and I’m glad she’s gone, but after a decade of watching these roast episodes where Ru fake guffaws at the now inevitable jokes about her being old and money-grubbing (the only two subjects they get to dunk on her about, apparently), it was fun to watch someone go off-script and come for her (and the fourth wall) about sitting up there in sweatpants and Ginny Lemon orthotic sandals. That was the first burn that really actually landed in umpteen roasts and you could see it in her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 212March 27, 2021 3:15 PM

So NotGott Dik is a woman with a woman's body (minus her chopped off tits) who thinks she is a man but dressing up as a woman.......

How is this drag?

by Anonymousreply 213March 27, 2021 3:31 PM

If Gottmik were coasting on body or leaning into fishiness, I might have the issue with her that some of you do - but she’s still in the game because she’s got interesting design instincts (and the sewing and makeup skills to back them up) and she has stuck the landing on about 80% of the comedy/performance challenges they’ve thrown at this cast. Being FTM doesn’t really give her a leg up in those areas.

by Anonymousreply 214March 27, 2021 3:55 PM

Well if she's sewn any of her "creations" I would be surprised. And her makeup is kind of creepy.....but I understand what you're saying.

She does have talent.....as opposed to.....well....some of the others.

by Anonymousreply 215March 27, 2021 4:05 PM

What do you know? Kandy needed a win, and she got it. She should have been safe, not the winner. Being Ru's pet project certainly has paid off.

by Anonymousreply 216March 27, 2021 4:08 PM

R214, those outfits were all created for her. She said earlier in the season that she went to design school in LA, but hasn’t used that training/education for a long time. She seems to have spent a lot of money on outfits to compete, which in itself gives her an unfair advantage compared to The Moose and Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 217March 27, 2021 4:12 PM

It was actually Rosé who said "Olivia Sux", R211. Now that we're down to five, Olivia should be the one going home next week. We got three episodes left before the April 23 finale, one of which will doubtless be the reunion show. Looks like there will be no makeover challenge involving outsiders, which absolutely fine by me - that's the one challenge with the most rigga morris where I've disagreed with the decisions made the most. This goes all the way back to the first season, and definitely includes the international versions (Canada!!!!).

Agree with R185, GM needed some kind of padding to wear a dress like that, but I said back in Thread One or Two that she'll never be read by the judges for not having padding, especially on top, and especially not by Michelle, without a lot of backlash on Twitter or Reddit. I also said @ R132 about GM's RPDR-curated drag, but I thought that she made at least SOME of her outfits. I guess that's not the case. She said in the first Untucked that she auditioned four times for the show before finally getting on. I get the impression that she became a drag queen for the specific reason to [italic]be[/italic] on the show, but that's definitely not uncommon now.

by Anonymousreply 218March 27, 2021 4:43 PM

Ru's fake laughing was ridiculous last night.

by Anonymousreply 219March 27, 2021 5:05 PM

Oliva wants that D. Apparently Utica has a huge cock.

by Anonymousreply 220March 27, 2021 5:08 PM

GottMik before she transitioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 27, 2021 5:12 PM

Over praising for Kandy again. She wasn't that funny. Her look was fat chick basic. I live in the real world and she wasn't that funny. Rose really won. Truth.

by Anonymousreply 222March 27, 2021 5:13 PM

R215 You'd be surprised a design school graduate designed and sewed her own clothes?

by Anonymousreply 223March 27, 2021 5:21 PM

Utica by the end while writing on the mirror said the craziest shit. She needed to look into that mirror. She learned nothing.

by Anonymousreply 224March 27, 2021 5:24 PM

R221 Language is so strange. GotMick before she chopped her beasts off, is the reality but all this use of language that obscures the reality of situations.

by Anonymousreply 225March 27, 2021 5:27 PM

I like Mik. I think he has great comedic timing and instincts. I don't actually hate Kandy, either. My favorite to win, though, is Rose. To varying degrees, these 3 are performers. The rest are men in dresses.

by Anonymousreply 226March 27, 2021 6:01 PM

I would like final 2 to be Rose and Symone.

by Anonymousreply 227March 27, 2021 6:06 PM

The final three have been clear since the start. Rose, Gottmik and Symone. You don't have to be Miss Cleo to have this vision.

Gottmik is a right interesting creation. Her self deprecating comments about being on hormones really made everyone release the real laughter last night. I like her.

I still hope Symone can win this thing though. (HE doesn't pad enough either)

by Anonymousreply 228March 27, 2021 6:13 PM

Did Utica really think Ru was going to stand up? I wonder if he even thought about how it would play out if Ru didn't stand up - what was going to be his comeback.

by Anonymousreply 229March 27, 2021 6:27 PM

R210

Rosé mentioned in Untucked a few eps back that Utica's "Minnesota nice" came out behind the scenes. After the reading challenge, the queens got together for dinner and Utica brought along a "burn book" of unused reads. She went around the table and "roasted" everyone with a cringey, mean-spirited read.

by Anonymousreply 230March 27, 2021 6:42 PM

Let's not make "wiggle to the top" happen, okay?

by Anonymousreply 231March 27, 2021 6:55 PM

R223 nothing about her surprises me - I can't imagine she would waste her time sewing something when the money was available to pay someone else to do it.

She may have drawn a few squiggles on a piece of paper, but that's it. "Design School".......okay.

by Anonymousreply 232March 27, 2021 6:59 PM

Does anyone notice that Ru often deliberately shuts Michelle up when they are discussing the queen's. Is that a power thing?

by Anonymousreply 233March 27, 2021 7:02 PM

r233, there's a running "gag" in which ru is edited to appear to cut michelle off abruptly, mid-sentence.

by Anonymousreply 234March 27, 2021 7:05 PM

Anyone else notice Kandy is getting a much better edit as the season goes along? Ru is trying to give her a redemption edit so fans will forgive her by the end. I hope it doesn't work but most people are dumb and will fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 235March 27, 2021 7:12 PM

I've noticed it too, R235. Some of my friends are actually falling for it.

by Anonymousreply 236March 27, 2021 7:16 PM

Despite the edits, it's always more illuminating to watch the other contestants and queens. Kandy is obviously very well liked by them. You can see it in their eyes, body language and expressions. She's loved. Quite a popular queen in New York City too. I don't get it myself, but I think Kandy was being given more of a villain edit than anything. Now it's changing. She appeared humble and grateful and human last night. I'm not sure that's redemption. Maybe that's more the real her? It's Utica's psychosis they've been covering up with the edit. Not anymore. That boy is ANGRY and NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 237March 27, 2021 7:18 PM

R237 Snort, the villain edit.

by Anonymousreply 238March 27, 2021 7:22 PM

My belief about the "villain edit" is that someone cannot be brought down by a villain edit unless the queen gives the editors something to work with. I like Kandy because she's fun and a little crazy and a little damaged. I wish this show had more messy queens. I'd take them over the privileged, never struggled a day their lives, queens.

by Anonymousreply 239March 27, 2021 7:33 PM

I can see Utica running along a Freeway naked soon having a psychotic break. The really tall and really skinny ones are mostly chemically imbalanced..

by Anonymousreply 240March 27, 2021 7:36 PM

Yeah something is going on with Utica

by Anonymousreply 241March 27, 2021 7:51 PM

[Quote] little damaged.

a little?

by Anonymousreply 242March 27, 2021 8:00 PM

Kandy has been overpraised since Day One. She can be well-liked by the other queens, but that doesn't make her talented. Plus, even a blind person can see Ru favors her. Tamisha didn't take Kandy's shit and she immediately got the boot.

by Anonymousreply 243March 27, 2021 8:17 PM

I'm not convicted Kandy is "liked" by other queens. Plus, she's popular in a micro tiny group in NY so BFD!

by Anonymousreply 244March 27, 2021 8:22 PM

Didn't sexy Kandy win the first lip sync by having the ghetto blaster as an amusing prop?

by Anonymousreply 245March 27, 2021 8:23 PM

[Quote] Didn't sexy Kandy win the first lip sync by having the ghetto blaster as an amusing prop?

She actually lost against Joey if you replay it but yes she won solely because of the boombox.

by Anonymousreply 246March 27, 2021 8:26 PM

There's no such thing as "sexy Kandy."

by Anonymousreply 247March 27, 2021 8:26 PM

r245, she was terrible in that LS. She didn't even know all the words as usual.

by Anonymousreply 248March 27, 2021 8:27 PM

r209 Kandy's humor is personality based and relies on attitude. She's big and loud and uses the word bitch a lot. As someone who has been around plenty of folks like Kandy, she's not funny, not clever, she's doing Bronx shtick and it's tired. You have to back it up by saying shit that is actually funny otherwise, for me, it's just another fat loud mouth Bronx bitch bumping her gums to make some noise and get some attention.

by Anonymousreply 249March 27, 2021 9:24 PM

Kandy said "bitch" 24 times in her shit roast.

by Anonymousreply 250March 27, 2021 9:26 PM

Kandy is beloved. She looked beautiful and won the challenge!!

by Anonymousreply 251March 27, 2021 9:29 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Saying bitch is HILARIOUS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 252March 27, 2021 9:29 PM

^stand up, bitch

by Anonymousreply 253March 27, 2021 9:33 PM

Does Michelle wear sweats and slippers at the judges table too or is this privilege reserved for Mama Ru?

by Anonymousreply 254March 27, 2021 9:54 PM

If I want a loud mouth NY bitch, it’s got to be Vangie.

by Anonymousreply 255March 27, 2021 10:12 PM

Miss Vanjie was a loud mouth Florida bitch, wasn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 256March 27, 2021 10:40 PM

Valentina is a horse. She makes Kandy look petite.

by Anonymousreply 257March 27, 2021 10:52 PM

Kandy deserved the win. She looked beautiful and was a great opener. The whole thing was a little weird with there not being an audience. She did a good job. Mik and Rosé were also great. I’d give Mik second place in the challenge over Rosé.

Utica appears to be on the spectrum. Her whole act was cringe-inducing. I would’ve sent Olivia home along with her. Looks like top 4 will be Symone, Kandy, Mik, and Rosé and that’s fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 258March 27, 2021 10:57 PM

No one gonna mention how great it was watching them read Valentina's disastrous role on RENT Live?

by Anonymousreply 259March 27, 2021 11:52 PM

“Let’s talk RENT live, Valentina, I don’t know what was less credible: you’re signing or the idea that you have ten friends who would come to your funeral. Speaking of, I’ll cover you - great dress, Nina. Georgia Tent and Awning?”

by Anonymousreply 260March 28, 2021 12:07 AM

The thing with the Drag Race roasts is that they never really get around to much roasting. It's beyond most people's talents. And the edit fucks with what they want us to perceive. The All Stars one for Lady Bunny was not terrible.

The touring Hater's Roast shows are pretty funny. But I want some music and lip syncs and boys in underwear when I pay to see Drag Queens. Trixie, Jinkx, Trinity Taylor, Latrice, drunk Derrick Berry, Ginger. It's a great skill set, even when it's mostly scripted - there is still room for surprises.

So little was actually said to Heidi and Nina West, a bit more to Valentina. Miss Congeniality were great roast subjects, because they're not the judges. But we saw very little directed at the guests of honor. Instead we hear that Ru is old and Loni Love is fat? I get the limitations of the show, but I'd like to see a full 4 minute set from each contestant, with no editing. It's not asking too much. Anyone can prepare 4 minutes of material.

Kandy's was actually the least hacked up spot. She looked very good and did ok. Not exactly hilarious, but it was fun and her material flowed the best. Gottmik was the most funny to me - but she wasn't the designated winner for this week.

Still a terrible season. The worst. Ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261March 28, 2021 12:12 AM

The roast with Alaksa, Jinx, Detox etc...that was a good roast.

by Anonymousreply 262March 28, 2021 12:13 AM

I can't believe nobody clowned Nina for being a shrimp queen. 👣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 28, 2021 12:14 AM

Nothing new, but still hilarious. MEAN drunk tea from....Derrick Barry??

Go fuck YOURSELF because I'm not ready!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 28, 2021 12:41 AM

Kandy, Mik and Tina have killed this season. If they weren't in it would be watchable, somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 265March 28, 2021 12:45 AM

Am I the only one who found Utitica funny? The Rupaul read was the best in any Roast, as long as you know that fact that Ru wears sweatpants while at the judges table. And, I also enjoyed the speak whale joke.

by Anonymousreply 266March 28, 2021 12:47 AM

I also thought Utica was funny (and that Rupaul flipping the bird was him being in on the joke) except for the fat joke to Lonnie Love. I am not opposed to fat jokes but it was a joke that would have likely been better received if it were aimed at someone who was a regular judge who made fun of their own weight normally.

by Anonymousreply 267March 28, 2021 1:03 AM

^ between this one and the regular old white fat mean fag who "runs" these threads, now we see why the level of discourse and interpretation of Drag Race is so.....basic. WOW.

Ru was angered by Utica. And if you can't see that, you don't pick up on much. Rescue chick is also some ancient white fag. No female parts aside from moobs.

LOOK OVER HERE!!

by Anonymousreply 268March 28, 2021 1:08 AM

Is it possible that they're given guidelines about where they can't go... or those questionable things get cut out?

by Anonymousreply 269March 28, 2021 1:54 AM

I also thought Utica was funny and I was laughing so hard at the “speak whale” joke at that rehearsal that it was almost painful.

by Anonymousreply 270March 28, 2021 2:08 AM

With some tweaks Utica's jokes could have worked on paper, but comedy is all about delivery. Utica's delivery just made everything she did cringe worthy.

by Anonymousreply 271March 28, 2021 2:13 AM

Wanted to like Utica and she's had a couple of stunning sewing moments but she might be too socially awkward? She can't assess her own performance. And Loni Love isn't in the mood for fat jokes.

The competition this season is thin. Olivia is the weakest of the ones remaining. I'd be fine with Rose or Simone for the win. I can't believe all the Kandy Muse praise! She's not clever at all! And dontGotDik is good at this but she's limited. She's avoiding traditional female beauty where some of the pageanty/beauty queens live for it. She's an attractive enough person to give female realness but to fit in with the other drag queens she ends up being a little clown-ish.

by Anonymousreply 272March 28, 2021 2:19 AM

Utica's jokes were delivered in desperation, with malice. The memes are all over social media about her being too sensitive to wear an afro (snatch game) out of her "concerns" about appropriation. Then she zones in and looks like he wants to hurt people with the most deliberate schoolyard words of hate. Not cool. Revealing. I'm surprised Utica didn't call Ru a n*gg@r. Or Loni a fat N bitch whale. Utica is cancelled. That freak will NOT be at the reunion.

If you thought he was funny.....you didn't see the look in his eye. Or you're just like him. Plus 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 273March 28, 2021 2:23 AM

In 3 years, RPDR fans will marvel at Utica’s edgy humor and disrespect for the audience. Her set will be remixed to include laughter cues that editors of this season suppressed. And it will be ICONIC!

by Anonymousreply 274March 28, 2021 2:33 AM
by Anonymousreply 275March 28, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote] Then she zones in and looks like he wants to hurt people with the most deliberate schoolyard words of hate. Not cool. Revealing.

I took this as she has a mean streak and had already been shouted down about trying on an afro. Not up to speed or all there with social consciousness.

by Anonymousreply 276March 28, 2021 2:36 AM

R273, in snotting at Utica's meanness you certainly demonstrate the decency you expect in others with your ageism and judgmental irrationality.

I didn't like Utica as a queen, and she was cluelessly foolish in using material she was warned against, with explanations.

However, your adolescent silliness leaves as little to like. Less, really.

by Anonymousreply 277March 28, 2021 2:40 AM

I'm not troubled by your feelings, gramps at R277. Did I ask you to like me? Am I competing for your favor? Must be a short line.

by Anonymousreply 278March 28, 2021 2:43 AM

Mik maybe...Kandy and Tina?Ugh. Tina is the one person most impressed with herself. Her lewks were shit, her make-up was shit, her personality was shit. Kandy is a mush mouth who cannot take one ounce of criticism. I mean she should have been in the bottom just for the green thing she wore last week,

by Anonymousreply 279March 28, 2021 3:01 AM

Kandy isn't funny. She's no Vanjie. Hell, she's no Silky Nutmeg Ganache

by Anonymousreply 280March 28, 2021 3:48 AM

If anyone here really thinks that GotMik is actually on "mones" *MASSIVE EYEROLL*, I've got a bridge to sell you.

As another poster here said, anyone other contestant would have been read to hell and back for the tragic fit of her dress.

I feel she's temporarily adopted this trans identity to make a name for herself and then will move on to something else when it has served its purpose. Classic white woman privilege. She's already got money, now she wants some fame.

I was so happy to see Heidi N Closet again. I would love her to be a guest judge from time to time if Ru's ego could deal with it (which means it won't happen).

I feel Rose was the more polished roaster, and a good choice to go in last place. That she used no cards, while impressive...well, even seasoned roasters use notes during a roast. That said, I'm not sure "polished" is how I like my roasts. Kandi was decent for an opener as she had that (shock) loud, screamy energy, which would have worked well as an audience warmer, had one been there. Also, her flow was pretty good.

I felt some were good, some were horrible, no one "killed".

I'm really hungry for a roast now. Leg of lamb. Mmmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 281March 28, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote]I hope Utica is tucked away in a mental ward as I type this.

Did anybody else catch on Untucked that Utica has a crush on Olivia and wants to go on a date?

by Anonymousreply 282March 28, 2021 7:43 AM

Utica seems quite pleased with herself and not overly contrite, despite apologizing to Michelle, Loni, and Nina on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 28, 2021 8:09 AM

Tina's planned roast 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 28, 2021 8:19 AM

[quote]Utica seems quite pleased with herself and not overly contrite

Yes we saw that as she was leaving the stage after being sashayed away and interviewed in the werkroom. That little speech she gave as she was writing on the mirror was fucking unbelievable. Utica is completely self-unaware and clinically insane. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 285March 28, 2021 8:28 AM

Thank god she’s gone R284. That dress is horrific.

by Anonymousreply 286March 28, 2021 11:42 AM

R285 what was her speech?

by Anonymousreply 287March 28, 2021 12:18 PM

R284 I don't "get" Tina uploading her roast. She had, what, since July or August to "prepare" this roast? And we're supposed to be impressed? Fuck. I hate this season's cast so much!!

by Anonymousreply 288March 28, 2021 1:14 PM

If Mik is pretending to be trans - it's pretty committed to cut off your breasts.

by Anonymousreply 289March 28, 2021 2:08 PM

Exactly r288.

She had almost a year to work on perfecting a set...and that is the best she could do? And she was so proud she wanted to share it with the world.

Oh Tina.

by Anonymousreply 290March 28, 2021 2:14 PM

290 Tina thinks she is funny so you can't tell her any differently. She won Miss Comedy Queen in 1997 or something...so she knows she is funnier than anyone!

by Anonymousreply 291March 28, 2021 2:19 PM

As soon as the judges started cackling wildly when Kandy said, "Bitch," I knew the fix was in for her to win this challenge. Her jokes weren't funny, she wore a standard cocktail dress, and once again, she barely put on any makeup and threw one of her ratty wigs over her head.

Is Ru trying to appease the obese and the Latinx communities by sucking up to this talentless bitch?

by Anonymousreply 292March 28, 2021 2:39 PM

"Oh, my God, Kandy! You said bitch 75 times tonight! You're the next Don Rickles!"

"Oh, my God, Kandy! You put on a black cocktail dress with sequins on it! You're a fashion icon!"

"Oh, my God, Kandy! You put on foundation! You have a future as a makeup artist!"

"Oh, my God, Kandy! You put on a long-haired blonde-ish, orange-ish wig! You're flawless!"

by Anonymousreply 293March 28, 2021 2:43 PM

Comedy is a about delivery, and Kandy did a good job delivering her bits.

Like that RuPaul joke at the end, it really is just an okay joke but she sold the "she died" punchline well which made it funny. That's what a comic is supposed to do.

I hate being put in the position who defending her when she should have been eliminated episodes ago rather than saved by production, but some of you bitches can't see straight when it comes to her.

by Anonymousreply 294March 28, 2021 2:45 PM

R294 Yes, of course, comedy is about delivery. Let me know when Kandy's able to deliver a line. And deliver it so 90% of the viewers can understand what she's saying.

by Anonymousreply 295March 28, 2021 2:47 PM

In that video of a pre-transition Mik, she seems so timid and cowed. I know Willam is a a big personality but I like the change in Mik.

by Anonymousreply 296March 28, 2021 2:49 PM

R289 Meh. detransistioners are legion now.

by Anonymousreply 297March 28, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote]some of you bitches can't see straight when it comes to her.

She must owe them all money or something. I thought the hatred for Silky was over the top, but damn.

by Anonymousreply 298March 28, 2021 3:16 PM

How did Valentina win Miss Congeniality?

by Anonymousreply 299March 28, 2021 3:46 PM

r299, when she won it, another queen refuted it, and said (I'm paraphrasing), "This is fan favorite, not someone nice, right?", and the rest of the cast/crew, said, "Yes, Fan Favorite".

by Anonymousreply 300March 28, 2021 4:09 PM

r289 Committed for attention, sure.

by Anonymousreply 301March 28, 2021 4:29 PM

[Bold] r292 wins!

by Anonymousreply 302March 28, 2021 6:32 PM

[Bold] r293 also wins!

by Anonymousreply 303March 28, 2021 6:34 PM

Kandy is a dollar store Vanjie/Silky mashup. Put this bitch back on an uptown D train.

by Anonymousreply 304March 28, 2021 6:45 PM

Of all the Latinos to win, she is the least deserving.

by Anonymousreply 305March 28, 2021 7:13 PM

R299, in Valentina's season, Miss Congeniality still depended on viewers' votes, which actually didn't make much sense, since in 'traditional' pageants, it's voted on by the other contestants and not the public. Therefore, the winner was usually someone who the viewers thought was eliminated unfairly or too soon (e.g. Pandora, Katya, Dela etc) and not necessarily who was the friendliest contestant.

As we all know, or should know, Valentina had an extremely supportive fanbase in S9 who expected her to reach the finals, and they were crushed when she was eliminated in iconic fashion. Her winning Miss C in S9 should not have been a surprise, but the other girls on her season did not care for her at all, hence them referring to the award as "fan favorite" as that was a more accurate descriptor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 28, 2021 7:22 PM

Even though she was so busted that she couldn't back up the cuntery, I love Aja's dripping-with-contempt read of Valentina on S9 Untucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 28, 2021 7:26 PM

According to social media Kandy's redemption as this season goes on is working. Again, most people are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 308March 28, 2021 7:28 PM

We're being prepped for a Kandy win. Sorry Symone! Perhaps you'll have All-Stars.

by Anonymousreply 309March 28, 2021 7:38 PM

I don't see how Kandy can win after looking like a dumbass in Untucked.

They'll see which of the top 4 or top 3 has the highest amount of fan interest and go from there. Just like they did last season, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 310March 28, 2021 7:45 PM

I don't want Kandy.......

by Anonymousreply 311March 28, 2021 8:49 PM

Kandy Kovid for the win!

by Anonymousreply 312March 28, 2021 9:15 PM

Aw c'mon, there's a more deserving big girl and/or Latino winner than she. I even like Silky better than she, and that is a low bar.

by Anonymousreply 313March 28, 2021 11:11 PM

To Kandy - You're perfect, You're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista...if she.ate that blueberry candy from Willy Wonka....

by Anonymousreply 314March 28, 2021 11:12 PM

Everyone will have their own take on it, but if you watch only The Roast again, it's clear that Kandy did really well. Her delivery was very good and this was by far her best look and challenge performance. I still think Rose WON.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315March 28, 2021 11:23 PM

Is the bar for Kandy so low that putting on a basic cocktail dress constitutes her best look?

by Anonymousreply 316March 28, 2021 11:31 PM

r316 don't forget she cinched! That deserves a win right there!!

by Anonymousreply 317March 28, 2021 11:32 PM

Right. AND she put on makeup. Hand her the crown now!

by Anonymousreply 318March 28, 2021 11:42 PM

Bwahdgy ttrruehs fghfutyryeur.

by Anonymousreply 319March 29, 2021 12:20 AM

I sincerely think that Ru & co. just think that Kandy is FUNNY and not a serious contender for the crown, no matter how much feint praise she receives. Yeah, I don't get what's funny about her either, but there's no other way to rationalize it.

I'd guess that Ru views Kandy's attempt at drag the same way we view animals when they do funny "human-like" things. Instead of thinking "aww, this dog thinks he's human," Ru thinks "aww, this dog thinks he's a drag queen." .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 29, 2021 1:09 AM

[quote]feint praise

How embarrassing, I meant FAINT praise.

by Anonymousreply 321March 29, 2021 1:11 AM

All of these Kandy HATE posts are from the same obsessed old man on these threads. Then he comes right back and agrees with himself from a different device. Kind of sad. Kandy is no winner and the whole season is shit, so why be so obsessed?

Well, because our thread monitor is a racist old white man who hates all the queens of color. Every season. Every single season. You won't catch him liking a black queen, except for BOB. And POC are also overweight - he goes INSANE.

We see you for what you are. Over and over again. Rest your fingers. You need them for other things.

Your endless racist hate and onenote mocking of people is really fucking boring to read.

by Anonymousreply 322March 29, 2021 1:30 AM

Oh FFS, this thread was going so well.

by Anonymousreply 323March 29, 2021 1:34 AM

^ And you've been called out and busted once again R323. You're a racist, gross, low IQ, repetitive, obsessed FAT old white f@g. STFU. Put the bottle down and go to bed. You're nobody's favorite.

by Anonymousreply 324March 29, 2021 1:38 AM

^ And...it makes my point.

by Anonymousreply 325March 29, 2021 1:41 AM

It's interesting when the Pit Stop has NY queens on because you really see and hear what those queens really think of S13 NY queens. They all love Rose and Olivia and Tina and Kandy are "meh" to them. Shady and fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326March 29, 2021 1:57 AM

Hey R233 have you watched the show before? This is a running gag.

The roast overall was average, Kandy was actually ok but didn't deserve to win. Symone was very disappointing, she has great expressions and turn of phrase but just no good material or flow. I actually am not convinced about her being the winner unless she smashes the next two challenges - I think Rosé has been more consistent.

by Anonymousreply 327March 29, 2021 9:38 AM

The aftermath of this season is going to be fascinating to see. Have no idea which queen (and GotMick) will win, but it doesn't seem anyone will be happy with any of them. Because it has been an endless shitty season.

by Anonymousreply 328March 29, 2021 10:07 AM

When will this season end? It’s been going on foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Even hate watching it is becoming a chore. I watched this episode three days after release because I don’t give a crap about spoilers anymore. Just keep flushing these turds and clear the bowl. Please!

by Anonymousreply 329March 29, 2021 11:34 AM

It was right around this same time last season that all of the Silky haters started saying she was getting a redemption edit for the win. Guys, Silky was never going to win and neither is Kandy. I think the best odds are on Symone, but I wouldn't count out Mik, who has been consistent all season and who would give the show a lot of woke cred and positive press and even more Emmy love.

I would love to see Rose and Symone as the final two, but let's be real. Rose is a privileged white, good looking, gay man and who is just going to be a harder sell to this show's fanbase and Emmy voters. And as much as I love Rose, as someone else said, I think drag isn't Rose's first passion. He wants to be on the Broadway stage, not the drag stage and which is perfectly okay.

As for this season, I think there have been worst seasons and I think Covid has played into a lot of decisions on why this season is longer and seems to never want to end.

by Anonymousreply 330March 29, 2021 1:25 PM

Mik has been strong all season, but often overpraised, just like Kandy. And could have easily been in the bottom a few times - the disco challenge and perfume commercial, for example.

by Anonymousreply 331March 29, 2021 1:31 PM

I'm still enjoying the season. Not looking for Breaking Bad caliber TV, just a reality TV competition with some talented queens and some cringy delusional queens. It delivers what I want out of my Friday night entertaintment.

by Anonymousreply 332March 29, 2021 1:31 PM

Rose's Neanderthal prominent brow bone will always make her look like a man in drag.

Always.

by Anonymousreply 333March 29, 2021 3:49 PM

I was disgusted at Mik's branding commercial with all those farts and shit. Just be funny without the toilet humour

by Anonymousreply 334March 29, 2021 4:41 PM

So is Mik now considered a straight male, assuming he liked girls before, as a lesbian female?

Or a gay male, if he liked boys before as a hetero female?

It's so confusing!

by Anonymousreply 335March 29, 2021 5:56 PM

Omfg! Delta dragged and read to filth Ru, RPDR producers and WOW last night on her IG live. She also threw major shade towards and Raven. All rightfully, Imo. She didn't hold back at all. It was amazing!

by Anonymousreply 336March 29, 2021 5:57 PM

What did Delta say exactly?

by Anonymousreply 337March 29, 2021 6:15 PM

I'm disgusted that NoDick is allowed to compete while taking testosterone. Talk about a double standard, considering that Sonique, Jiggly, etc et al, couldn't compete while actively transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 338March 29, 2021 6:34 PM

r338 uh what the fuck are you talking about. JIggly is in the next AS. Monica Beverly Hillz came out as Trans on the fucking show, Peppermint was trans as well ON THE SHOW. Why would you care if Mik can take T? It gives her no advantage to be more male.

by Anonymousreply 339March 29, 2021 6:44 PM

Gotmik reads as a straight girl/'gay' transman. When GM was flirting with the choreo, and talking about finding Disney characters (male, of course) sexy, it was pure straight girl. Kandy is a distraction so we don't talk too much about GM. GM just tries too hard, on top of only knowing drag from RPDR, like many of the post season 8 children.

I am interested in how they end this shitshow of a season. No matter what, there is going to be OUTRAGE, and that's pretty much the entertainment I am waiting for at this point. Poor Symone, to be that good in....this.

by Anonymousreply 340March 29, 2021 6:48 PM

Have we established whether GM identifies as heterosexual or homosexual or bisexual or "fluid" or whatever it is the kids are calling it these days?

by Anonymousreply 341March 29, 2021 7:11 PM

Not to take away from hating Kandy and Gottmik, but I truly think that most of Rose's outfits have been downright hideous. I don't get why it isn't mentioned more often. She has ZERO taste. Sure, she's moderately better than Tina Burner, but yiiiiikes.

Fine, she's moderately talented, but... that's it. Moderately talented.

by Anonymousreply 342March 29, 2021 7:24 PM

Does GotMick have one of those tube cock things? When they take the arm skin and graft it onto the pelvic region to make a faux sausage that looks exactly nothing like a penis?

by Anonymousreply 343March 29, 2021 7:25 PM

While I think it's fair to point out the musical theater / BFA queens like Rosé and Denali who went into drag as a 'last resort', I'm a bit confused as to the degree of criticism about it. If you look at the RPDR alumni, including several of the winners, you'll see a lot of failed actors, singers, stand up comics. This goes all the way back to the show's infancy too - Bebe Zahara Benet tried to be a male model before getting into drag, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 344March 29, 2021 7:32 PM

[quote] Bebe Zahara Benet tried to be a male model before getting into drag, for instance

Oh. My. God. Really? My sides!!! 🤣 I cannot imagine that!

by Anonymousreply 345March 29, 2021 7:34 PM

Just rewatched Bebe's audition video for the first time in awhile, and I stand corrected. She started modelling in drag, not as a boy.

by Anonymousreply 346March 29, 2021 7:44 PM

r342, in a season where the judges cummng uncontrollably at the first site Kandy's runway. Michelle literally has a giant home depot bucket under her to catch all the goo flowing non stop from out of her. Rose is ignored.

by Anonymousreply 347March 29, 2021 7:54 PM

[Quote] first site Kandy's runway.

Ha! At first sight of

by Anonymousreply 348March 29, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote]Omfg! Delta dragged and read to filth Ru, RPDR producers and WOW last night on her IG live. She also threw major shade towards and Raven. All rightfully, Imo. She didn't hold back at all. It was amazing!

Thats not really an answer. Link? More details?

by Anonymousreply 349March 29, 2021 8:18 PM

I’ve got a crush on Rose. He’s hot as a guy.

by Anonymousreply 350March 29, 2021 8:19 PM

R350 If you get together with him, strongly suggest a dermabrasion treatment to smooth out that facial skin that looks like a gravel race track.

by Anonymousreply 351March 29, 2021 8:25 PM

I'm sure he's never heard that one before.

by Anonymousreply 352March 29, 2021 8:49 PM

[Quote] Thats not really an answer.

Thats???

Correct. It's not an answer but a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353March 29, 2021 9:23 PM

You're the cunt, r353. That's something you should link to. No one is going to go digging through Delta Work's IG. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 354March 29, 2021 9:30 PM

r354, there are no rules here like that. Only in your cunty, obese fraucunt head, hon. If you said it in a less cunty way in the first place then maybe I would. Go dig, fatty!

by Anonymousreply 355March 29, 2021 9:36 PM

The cunt didn't post a link because there is no link to post.

by Anonymousreply 356March 29, 2021 11:08 PM

Mental fucking liar.

by Anonymousreply 357March 29, 2021 11:15 PM

Joey Jay twerked in his shorts for Jaida, Heidi and Nicky Doll on instagram live the other day. He's hot, but queenier than all those other queens. Heidi was funny though. Putting on her makeup for no good reason at all.

by Anonymousreply 358March 29, 2021 11:36 PM

Joey Jay is hot, queeny, and tradey all in one package.

by Anonymousreply 359March 30, 2021 12:04 AM

Turning over a new leaf? Whaaa?!? Huh?!? Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 360March 30, 2021 3:22 PM

Kandy Moose is right.....she's the same no matter which ugly side of her you look at.

by Anonymousreply 361March 30, 2021 3:50 PM

I can't find the off-season Drag Race thread that there used to be, so apologies!!!

I'm about halfway through a re-watch of Drag Race Thailand season 2 and it has been a balm to my "soul" (Mary!) while the dreadful S13 rolls along. The queens are fierce and there is so much DRAMA!!! I love it! I'm sure most of it is being lost in translation, but those Thai queens BROUGHT it. Drag Race Thailand is "high drag at its finest" (to steal a phrase from Latrice).

Is the only hope for Drag Race the international seasons? American Drag Race needs a break or format change or SOMETHING.

How I feel watching Drag Race Thailand, to be honest:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362March 31, 2021 1:36 AM

R362 Have to correct myself, it's not a "re-watch" but a first time watch.

by Anonymousreply 363March 31, 2021 1:37 AM

Current All-Seasons Tea thread☕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364March 31, 2021 1:41 AM

Ah, there it is! Thank you R364. 🙏

by Anonymousreply 365March 31, 2021 1:42 AM

Miss Pangina Heals, the co-host of DR Thailand, is rumored to be competing in the new International All Stars currently shooting in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366March 31, 2021 1:44 AM

R366 Might as well just crown her the winner. She's killer.

by Anonymousreply 367March 31, 2021 1:45 AM

Nobody needs an all seasons thread OR that racist hall monitor. Post whatever you want, where you want.

by Anonymousreply 368March 31, 2021 1:47 AM

Thanks so much R364!

by Anonymousreply 369March 31, 2021 1:58 AM

Thank YOU so much R368! It needs to be said often. That racist freak who thinks it runs these threads is recognizable from his thousands of other posts on this site. I can't wait until he dies.

by Anonymousreply 370March 31, 2021 2:10 AM

r370 isn't that racist cunt also the Vixen stalker aka Miss Warwick?

by Anonymousreply 371March 31, 2021 2:42 AM

My love for DR Thailand knows no bounds- those queens are so delightfully shady and bitchy, but there’s no malice- a lot of respect and you can really feel a sisterhood. It would be great if Année Maywong joined Pangina. It’s really no fair to the other contestants, because she knows exactly what to do, being a judge. It’s a shame that Line TV didn’t want to do a 3rd season, and instead concentrate on boy fashion model shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372March 31, 2021 2:54 AM

r370, why are you thanking yourself at r368? You are r368, r370. You do know we can see everything you post?

by Anonymousreply 373March 31, 2021 2:56 AM

Yeah, R 373? I tested you and your fell for it bitch. More than 60 percent of the posts on this thread are from YOU!!! Your obsessive repetitive HATE against Kandy Muse R373. WE see YOU. Thread after thread, season after season - you spew racist hate speech, one after another. Everyone knows you're just talking to yourself. Sad old man.

But, THEN you come back in less than 2 MINUTES to post again - to congratulate your own previous posts!!! FOOL. We see you all over this site. You're not bright enough to have more than a simple opinion. So you repeat it endlessly, interspersed with your other posts, agreeing with your own sad SAGGY ass SELF. Go to bed bitch. I'll see you dead before morning.

by Anonymousreply 374March 31, 2021 3:06 AM

[Quote] More than 60 percent of the posts on this thread are from YOU!!!

No they're not but nice try. People can put me on "ignore" and test your theory. I would also suggest people to put you/r374 on "ignore" and really see and read the truth that it's you who posts the most on these DR threads. I know, math is hard for you, hon.

by Anonymousreply 375March 31, 2021 3:16 AM

[Quote] Your obsessive repetitive HATE against Kandy Muse

So? And? Many people in these threads hate Kandy. What else new, dear?

by Anonymousreply 376March 31, 2021 3:18 AM

^^^ Me / 373

by Anonymousreply 377March 31, 2021 3:18 AM

It says that FOUR people mentioned me. But only you did R373. So, it's just the four of Y O U ?

You post from multiple devices, but you're never bright enough to ever say anything different. Pathetic racist creep that you are. Agree with yourself again, old white fat fag. You just did again at R375 & R376 and on and on till you drop dead.

I like my posts. I'm a smart sexy man. A bit tangential, but always observant, original & elevated in my thoughts. Everyone is welcome to partake of my light, insight and discourse.

Now you must go to sleep and die.

by Anonymousreply 378March 31, 2021 3:22 AM

[Quote] you spew racist hate speech, one after another. Everyone knows you're just talking to yourself. Sad old man. But, THEN you come back in less than 2 MINUTES to post again - to congratulate your own previous posts!!!

Where? Where are these "hate speech" from me? Where? Quote them, copy / paste them or do whatever. Prove your accusations? Prove them.

Where and I talking to myself? Where? Do the same as the above ^^^^ and add the posts numbers while your at it.

Where did I come back 2 min later and "congrats" myself? Where? Post the info and my post numbers I did that.

by Anonymousreply 379March 31, 2021 3:24 AM

r378, you do know there are many people posting on all the RPDR threads right?

FYI, I have one IP address. It doesn't change so it doesn't matter what device I use { I only use my LT, btw} it's the same. So your theory is wrong. Just like what you've been this entire time at the DL.

by Anonymousreply 380March 31, 2021 3:28 AM

[Quote] It says that FOUR people mentioned me.

Twice I mentioned you. Do I need to post the post # for you? I asked you 2 questions before you went into a bipolar freak-out haze. 2 times not 4. The other 2 are from other people in this thread. Yes, I know math is hard for you.

by Anonymousreply 381March 31, 2021 3:34 AM

^ caught ^

Everyone knows who you are R381 et al. Stop defending what you do. It's easy to prove who you are. Everyone knows your number and recognizes your primitive ways. STFU and go to bed NOW, before I make life very difficult for you.

by Anonymousreply 382March 31, 2021 3:44 AM

DRAMA! CIRCULAR FIRING SQUAD DRAMA!!

by Anonymousreply 383March 31, 2021 3:48 AM

[Quote] Everyone knows who you are [R381] et al. Stop defending what you do. It's easy to prove who you are. Everyone knows your number and recognizes your primitive ways. STFU and go to bed NOW, before I make life very difficult for you.

The only thing "everyone" knows is you're bipolar. That is what they know. If it so easy for you to prove the prove it! Prove what your saying about me is true. You have no power here, dear. Get it together and get back on your meds.

Oh, and prove it.

by Anonymousreply 384March 31, 2021 3:48 AM

[Quote] If it so easy for you to prove the prove it!

* then prove it!

by Anonymousreply 385March 31, 2021 3:50 AM

You two belong in a tree. You’re both nuts!

🙀

by Anonymousreply 386March 31, 2021 3:50 AM

I need a drink.

by Anonymousreply 387March 31, 2021 3:51 AM

You sound so panicked R384. Best of luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 388March 31, 2021 3:51 AM

Not all all, r388, Waiting for your non-proof.

by Anonymousreply 389March 31, 2021 3:53 AM

r386, blame the bipolar mental case throwing out fake accusation. Not me.

by Anonymousreply 390March 31, 2021 3:55 AM

The emoji doesn't fool anyone.

by Anonymousreply 391March 31, 2021 3:57 AM

💩👻🌊🦊🚫🤷‍♂️🥶

by Anonymousreply 392March 31, 2021 3:59 AM

RUN OLIVIA RUN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393March 31, 2021 4:21 AM

^^ Cute.

by Anonymousreply 394March 31, 2021 4:24 AM

Just imagining the conversations...

Utica: "Gee, Olivia, would like to go out sometime?"

Olivia: "Sure, we could go out for coffee or something. All of us queens from this season could get together."

Utica, later: "Olivia wants to go out on a date with ME! WITH ME!!!!" (high-pitched squeal)

by Anonymousreply 395March 31, 2021 11:50 AM

Let's get back to what's important, shall we?

1. Kandy is a FAT CUNT. 2. Gottmik is a biological woman, not a drag queen. 3. Rose' has caterpillars for eyebrows. 4. Kandy is a FAT CUNT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 31, 2021 12:42 PM

Bmnungs babduguwu ksufuoisoa

by Anonymousreply 397March 31, 2021 1:18 PM

Has anyone noticed how this season they have done away with the usual drag queen sayings like fishy, cunty, etc.? I wonder why that could be?

Seriously, they have quietly sanitized the show to appease Mik and it’s removed a lot of the fun. I think if they continue down this road it will be the end of the U.S. version.

by Anonymousreply 398March 31, 2021 1:38 PM

R397 is FAKE Kandy! The real Kandy says bitch every other word because it's HILARIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 399March 31, 2021 1:59 PM

r399 Bitch buglagloeeooe Bitch hdsalldlgaaaad Bitch hgkadlew

by Anonymousreply 400March 31, 2021 2:05 PM

R398 Why would they need to say fishy though? Which queens are TRULY serving pan fried tilapia aside from Kahmora?

by Anonymousreply 401March 31, 2021 2:17 PM

[quote]Gia Gunn, feeling like pussy, feeling like cunt!

Funny you have such a hard on for a trans girl (fully on hormones during AS4) yet hate Mik who at least has some talent.

by Anonymousreply 402March 31, 2021 2:55 PM

ALL must bow to and praise Mik constantly, or it is LITERAL VIOLENCE

by Anonymousreply 403March 31, 2021 2:58 PM

r401, Plastique Tiara is more woman than Gia could ever be:

by Anonymousreply 404March 31, 2021 5:19 PM

Dammit- Hereeeeees Plastic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405March 31, 2021 5:20 PM

And Courtney Act has a fishy face for sure.

by Anonymousreply 406March 31, 2021 5:22 PM

Plastique Tiara is a TikTok star! I like her even more now than when she was on the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 31, 2021 5:40 PM

R403 Personally, Gottmik's presence on the show doesn't deeply offend me like it does some other users. HOWEVER, my major issue with Gottmik is that there's just no way to critique her and hold her to the same standard as the other girls. I really do feel like the judges, other contestants, fans, etc. have to walk on eggshells with regards to her. Her drag isn't all that. It's very repetitive and same-y. I get that she's trying to serve fashion queen looks and I'd be more patient with her drag if she was more in line with what Aquaria presented. A drag queen doesn't necessarily have to pad or wear a breast plate, that's fine, but Gottmik is so repetitive (aside from the slight build, her body doesn't read as particularly womanly to me (top surgery or not) and I think she DOES do a bit of hip padding).

Yeah, it's a bit weird to have an FTM compete as a drag queen (it's an entire can of worms), BUT *if* there was an FTM queen on the show who a) acknowledged that yeah their situation is a bit unconventional and b) was able to take any form of criticism. I think that'd be fine.

by Anonymousreply 408March 31, 2021 5:51 PM

Bitch hsabngnwent Bitch shdguyysgsy Bitch shgheeldle

by Anonymousreply 409April 1, 2021 12:12 AM

We just watched the soda branding challenge. GotMik's commercial was the funniest, but she flew over the heads of the judges.

by Anonymousreply 410April 1, 2021 12:19 AM

R410 Oh, God, hers was THE WORST, next to Utica's.

by Anonymousreply 411April 1, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote]GotMik's commercial was the funniest, but she flew over the heads of the judges.

Fart jokes? I guess the target audience really is 13 year old rainbow, rainbow haired attention seekers

by Anonymousreply 412April 1, 2021 12:23 AM

sorry not sorry grammaw

by Anonymousreply 413April 1, 2021 2:02 AM

Gottmik is fine. Good even. A lovely 5th alternate. But she's gonna win it baby.

by Anonymousreply 414April 1, 2021 2:48 AM

R410 = NotGottDiK

by Anonymousreply 415April 1, 2021 4:20 PM

I didn’t know Kandy was such a good singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416April 1, 2021 5:42 PM

Kandy was born to be a star!

by Anonymousreply 417April 1, 2021 5:56 PM

Shocking that people say Season 7 was the worst, but out any of the final 5 up against even kandy Ho and they lose

by Anonymousreply 418April 1, 2021 5:57 PM

^put up against

by Anonymousreply 419April 1, 2021 5:57 PM

R416 You call that good?

Okay...

by Anonymousreply 420April 1, 2021 7:27 PM

Season 7 wasn't anywhere near the worst - especially the cast. Trixie, Katya, Miss Fame, Kennedy Davenport, Violet, Jasmine Masters, Ginger Minj and Pearl? People need to stop saying that shit. The cast underperformed for a few challenges, but Season 7 is ICONIC. Seasons 8, 9 and 11, along with Season 1 are the worst. Sorry, were the worst. Season 13, is and forever will be, THE WORST SEASON EVER.

by Anonymousreply 421April 1, 2021 7:40 PM

No. Season 7 was the beginning of the end.

by Anonymousreply 422April 1, 2021 8:25 PM

Crieths like a Phoneixth!

by Anonymousreply 423April 1, 2021 9:48 PM

I just finished Drag Race Thailand Season 2 and, wow, the finale is pretty much how a finale should be done! Such a smart idea to let queens design their own stage show and performance, instead of the awful Lip-Sync For the Crown crap they do now. The current finales are sooo boring. I wonder what they're gonna do for S13's finale, will we see Mama Ru in another gimp mask?

It says a lot about the queens they cast on the show that the hosts had to EXPLICITLY tell the queens to STOP setting themselves on fire on stage at one point!!

Is Drag Race Holland worth checking out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424April 1, 2021 9:59 PM

r424, not really. Canada's was better. I see on Wow Plus Presents they have Oz and Spain featured. Oz should be fun, Spain will be fierce- they have a strong Voguing culture there.

by Anonymousreply 425April 1, 2021 10:08 PM

Did I read somewhere that Drag race UK has been cancelled? Or was that an April Fools gag?

by Anonymousreply 426April 1, 2021 10:12 PM

R425 Yeah, I'm thinking that the Down Under and Spanish editions will be pretty good. I might skip Holland, then.

by Anonymousreply 427April 1, 2021 10:16 PM

R426 I expect UK season 2 will win a BAFTA. Perfect lockdown entertainment for us Brits

by Anonymousreply 428April 1, 2021 11:03 PM

[quote]Drag Race Holland

It's not great but it's serviceable -- and still better than what the US show has become.

I did really like the season 12 finale and how the queens made their own videos. Would hope that they'd continue to do something similar and foster creativity. I like seeing what the queens do when given total freedom.

by Anonymousreply 429April 2, 2021 12:24 AM

r429, you should check out the Dragula Halloween special- they had those queens do their home videos- they built sets and everything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430April 2, 2021 12:28 AM

Has Dragula ever fixed their production issues? I tried watching the first season and the terrible audio killed it for me. Season two got better, but still hurt my ears. It's like they needed to figure out soundproofing and didn't quite know how. Haven't ventured beyond that season.

by Anonymousreply 431April 2, 2021 12:32 AM

R431-This was really well edited and the most polished of the Dragulas-I was pleasantly surprised.

by Anonymousreply 432April 2, 2021 1:55 AM

[quote]Spain will be fierce- they have a strong Voguing culture there

Paca La Piraña from [italic]Veneno[/italic] is going to be a guest judge and did a hilarious promo for ATRES, the streaming service that's carrying it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433April 2, 2021 2:19 AM

We just finished the roast of S13. Utica was not nearly as bad as everyone here said.

Olivia was worse than people here said.

And Symone was exactly as people here said.

by Anonymousreply 434April 2, 2021 2:21 AM

The Dragula gurls are generally way messier than the Drag Race dolls. Cases in point: Monikkie Shame and James Majesty from S2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435April 2, 2021 2:32 AM

ah, but Dragula had the first Non Binary bitch (and they was awful!) and the first Drag King, who was fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 436April 2, 2021 2:40 AM

It's surprising that all the psychotic fans don't give Drag Race Thailand much credit for having the first TRANS winner. Angele is a damn good drag queen.

I truly wasn't expecting much from Drag Race Thailand, but it really exceeded all expectations. So messy. So much drama. I'll have to find Season 1 somewhere.

Maybe I'll give Dragula another shot. I couldn't get through the first season due to the audio issues that R431 mentioned.

I think S13 might go down as one of the worst seasons of Drag Race, it's almost worse than S7 and S11 at this point.

by Anonymousreply 437April 2, 2021 2:52 AM

"it's almost worse than S7 and S11 at this point"

It's longer than both of them put together.

by Anonymousreply 438April 2, 2021 2:53 AM

R439 I don't want to trigger the poster who always rants about Bob the Drag Queen, but I can't believe that season was already over by this point. It only had 10 episodes!

by Anonymousreply 439April 2, 2021 2:55 AM

BTDQ was great!

by Anonymousreply 440April 2, 2021 2:56 AM

R437, here's DR Thailand S1 and S2 with English subtitles by a Thai native.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441April 2, 2021 3:33 AM

R438, it’s longer than Hiawatha!

by Anonymousreply 442April 2, 2021 3:37 AM

Not triggered. But Bob the Drag Queen (he's wasn't though) and Yvie Oddley are tied for the least deserving winners ever. Don't start fucking with me you fat racist whore, R439. I know who you are. How can anyone criticize Kandy Muse's runways AND believe that BOB, that HUGE dark black man with no makeup, one cheap wig and two pair of leggings - deserved to win? Bob is a non winner. No one finds BOB funnier than b o b. Failed actor and comic. Not a good one. Made a lot of money. Still looks like shite. Not a drag queen. Gottmik is more a REAL drag queen than BoB the opportunist will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 443April 2, 2021 4:06 AM

R441 Thank you for that. I am looking forward to watching S1!

After reading the rumored cast list for International All Stars I might have to solely root for Pangina Heals.

by Anonymousreply 444April 2, 2021 4:42 AM

To me, no winning queen on any season of any iteration of Drag Race deserved it less than Yvie Oddly. You don't treat your fans like shit (that's rule number one in ANY facet of showbiz). Bitch wasn't really all that interesting to begin with (great, more back bends....riveting). I still don't understand why she won. It also says a lot that even without the excuse of a pandemic during her "reign", she was not a sought after booking. Did WoW even give her a show? I don't think so, and if so, it wasn't memorable enough to remember.

by Anonymousreply 445April 2, 2021 6:28 AM

R445 I don’t even remember WOW getting Yvie to film bumpers for their YouTube videos. I know Sasha Velour and Jaida filmed some.

by Anonymousreply 446April 2, 2021 6:36 AM

Yvie was THE worst winner EVER and Season 11 was the WORST ever. Name another contestant from season eleven, without looking it up. Can't be done.

Bring it home for season 13, Symone. Everybody loves you.

by Anonymousreply 447April 2, 2021 7:02 AM

S11 (without looking up): Brooke, Silky, Ra’jah, Kahannah, Plastique, Vanjie, Akeria, Scarlett, etc.

by Anonymousreply 448April 2, 2021 11:10 AM

Yvie’s father is a daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449April 2, 2021 11:14 AM

Andy Cohen has a new show about reality shows on E!, and last night he interviewed four of the original Real World NYC cast, including Eric Nies.

I couldn't stop thinking how much Nies now resembles Rosé out of drag. I don't know what it is, maybe his mannerisms, but he looked even more like Rosé while he was talking than in this still picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450April 2, 2021 12:04 PM

I would actually skip the first season of Dragula- production and editing wise, it was horrible. Maybe watch it as a background noise thing. S2 is marginally better, but S3 is worth it for Landon Cider.

by Anonymousreply 451April 2, 2021 12:25 PM

Almost every non-Drag Race show I've tried to watch on the WOW service has had sub-homemade YouTube video production quality. It's kind of shocking.

Also, ALL of the content is drag related. I was really surprised about that. I expected some gay stuff not involving men in dresses:

by Anonymousreply 452April 2, 2021 12:55 PM

The Vegas show was OK. Can't stand Derrick Barry and Naomi Smalls annoys the shit out of me, but it's a good look at behind-the-scenes of a drag show in Vegas. Other than that and the various international drag races, WoW's content sucks.

by Anonymousreply 453April 2, 2021 1:47 PM

This is a totally personal thing, but regarding the Vegas show, I don't understand it.

Could someone explain to me what you enjoy about watching people lip sync for an hour or whatever to pre-recorded dialogue and campy songs? It seems really weird to me that it's entirely pre-recorded. Why wouldn't they talk and interact with one another and the audience in real time?

I'm not trashing the idea, just saying that I can't make sense of why people find it entertaining.

If you do, is it possible to articulate what it is that you enjoy?

I have enjoyed Drag Race for years but a big part of the enjoyment is the real-life interactions, and a big part of the enjoyment is watching their creative processes. Actually, that's close to 100 percent of the enjoyment. I find almost all the choreographed sequences to be tedious and too similar, with a few exceptions. But I love when they are challenged to make clothes or not to totally fail at standup comedy, improv, impersonations, etc.

by Anonymousreply 454April 2, 2021 2:24 PM

I still love Utica. People are being entirely too hard on her. And in this entire competition she was the most overlooked and harshly judged because of favoritism. She should have won the bag challenge. She should have been in the top for the Rusical. And the nitpicking over her runway expressions was stupid when they didn’t do the same for other queens. Yes, she obviously struggled in skits and comedies. But she has delivered in her looks (best fashion of the season) and performances.

by Anonymousreply 455April 2, 2021 2:47 PM

They were never going to judge Mik or Kandy fairly, so someone had to be the scapegoat.

by Anonymousreply 456April 2, 2021 2:55 PM

r454, I wouldn't go to the "live" show. I'm not a fan of drag shows exactly because of what you listed. The reason I like Drag Race is that it pushes the queens to do something other than lip sync, even if at the end of the day they have to lip sync for their lives.

What I liked about the Vegas show on WoW is that it's mostly about the behind-the-scenes. It's like an extended Untucked in a different setting.

by Anonymousreply 457April 2, 2021 2:57 PM

[Quote] I don't want to trigger the poster who always rants about Bob the Drag Queen, but I can't believe that season was already over by this point. It only had 10 episodes!

r439, she's a bipolar mental case. You can clearly read her insanity. Plus, she never proves her accusations. She a bore now.

by Anonymousreply 458April 2, 2021 3:36 PM

r443/bipolar mental case calling me a "racist" without any proof in 3.. 2.. 1

by Anonymousreply 459April 2, 2021 3:38 PM

[Quote] Could someone explain to me what you enjoy about watching people lip sync for an hour or whatever to pre-recorded dialogue and campy songs? It seems really weird to me that it's entirely pre-recorded. Why wouldn't they talk and interact with one another and the audience in real time?

I saw the show and it was good. Nothing more. I put it in the category of something to do in Vegas. Bought real discount tickets before the trip. There is dialogue script from the queens Asia was the host. Yes, LS are a core part of the show. The demographic of the show is white, straight and obese women. That's the reason for the show. Sure there were some gays in audience but 85% were women. Oh and they laughed and screamed at everything. Weird behavior.

by Anonymousreply 460April 2, 2021 3:54 PM

If you haven’t yet, watch the Werq The World documentary series on WoW Presents Plus. It follows a group of the queens on tour in Europe and the first season is actually very well done... second season less so, but only because that group of queens didn’t know eachother as well.

by Anonymousreply 461April 2, 2021 4:04 PM

RR443 Calm down. You "know who I am" then WHO AM I? It's like Beetlejuice around here with you. No one can mention a single queen that you dislike without an unhinged rant appearing .2 seconds afterwards. Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 462April 2, 2021 4:14 PM

^^^ r443 is bipolar and dumb. She can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 463April 2, 2021 4:19 PM

Why are Drag Race viewers so personally invested in the reality show contestants that they squabble with strangers about their opinions? I don't get it.

The show is fun and mindless, but I don't know the people on it and I'm never going to engage in fights with anyone because they dislike a reality TV show contestant. That seems like a modern mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 464April 2, 2021 4:20 PM

r464, because our DR bipolar mental case makes it about her favorites. If people don't agree with her then she becomes unhinged and calls them a "racist." DRBPMC makes the show about race first and not talent. She really the only problem here on these DR threads.

by Anonymousreply 465April 2, 2021 4:26 PM

Oh and DRBPMC thinks there's only 5 people posting in these threads and some are using "multiple devices" doesn't help her mental stability. Crazy!

by Anonymousreply 466April 2, 2021 4:28 PM

r464, your life will be easier if you just block the unhinged trolls. Be careful though, you might end up with a 400+ posts thread with only 10 posts visible. For some reason, this show brings the roaches out of hiding.

by Anonymousreply 467April 2, 2021 4:46 PM

From the Season 4 thread: "If they started casting queens with veneers, Botox, and ripped bodies it would be a boring and fake show."

DL called it 9 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468April 2, 2021 4:54 PM

For those of you who think Yvie was the worst winner, did you forget about Tyra Sanchez?

by Anonymousreply 469April 2, 2021 5:05 PM

Tyra was the worst by many miles. That was the first season I watched and I really did not get drag at the time, but even then, I was like whhyyyyyyy? Because she is pretty and spins around? Is that what this show is about? I was really confounded by that win but I became more interested in subsequent seasons. Jinkx was the first one whose talents really impressed me, though. Then they had a good run with Bianca, Bob et al.

by Anonymousreply 470April 2, 2021 5:12 PM

Tyra over Raven was the worst choice. Raja over Manilla is a close second. Why all the Bob hate? He is funny and was the standout of the season? Is Thorgy on DL? I met Yvie at a meet and greet. She was lovely, but I think she wanted to fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 471April 2, 2021 5:18 PM

BoB is talent free. Not a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 472April 2, 2021 5:18 PM

R469 This will be an unpopular opinion, because I was rooting for Jujubee and Raven at the time, but in retrospect after re-watching season 2 a few times since then... Tyra was better at the COMPETITION than Raven was. It makes SENSE to me that Tyra won that season.

She placed mostly high in the challenges, Raven had a spottier track record and was in the bottom more times. There was no way in hell Jujubee was going to win that season (sadly). It kind of makes SENSE to me now? I think at the time, Tyra Sanchez reminded Ru a lot of Ru, so she had that going for her. Tyra's not a better queen than Raven, but I can see why she made sense as a winner now. Raven's obviously the one who "won" in the end, anyway, so who cares. Let it go. It's been 10 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473April 2, 2021 5:22 PM

What is the talent involved in lip syncing other than the skill of memorizing all the words to a song?

by Anonymousreply 474April 2, 2021 5:23 PM

Emoting? Performing? If Britney Spears can have a career, I don't see why a lip syncing drag queen can't. It's not that serious. No one's arguing that these queens are geniuses. It's just fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475April 2, 2021 5:24 PM

r474 you ever see a terrible lip syncer? It is painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 476April 2, 2021 5:26 PM

Raven was the LA queen who thought that being the LA queen made up for trying.

Tyra was the southern queen who spotted the ^flaw.

by Anonymousreply 477April 2, 2021 5:29 PM

R471 RuPaul knew Raja, that's why she won. She was purposely sought out for the show.

by Anonymousreply 478April 2, 2021 5:33 PM

Raja was on ANTM and had done Ru's makeup before she was on the show. That alone should have excluded her.

by Anonymousreply 479April 2, 2021 5:36 PM

Raja spills it all in this interview, for those who are curious. It's not a bad interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480April 2, 2021 5:38 PM

r472 = Drag Race Bipolar Mental Case

Put her on "ignore" and see.

by Anonymousreply 481April 2, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote]Tyra was the worst by many miles. That was the first season I watched and I really did not get drag at the time, but even then, I was like whhyyyyyyy? Because she is pretty and spins around? Is that what this show is about? I was really confounded by that win but I became more interested in subsequent seasons. Jinkx was the first one whose talents really impressed me, though. Then they had a good run with Bianca, Bob et al.

Doesn't this really come down to which style of drag you prefer? Do you like fishy queens, comedy queens, or whatever Sharon Needles was. Hasn't this show really expanded the idea of what drag is. I think in Tyra's season the goal was "pretty".

by Anonymousreply 482April 2, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]RuPaul knew Raja, that's why she won. She was purposely sought out for the show.

Mariah Balenciaga knew S3 was rigged and wrote "Congratulations Raja" as her lipstick message (which they tried not to show).

by Anonymousreply 483April 2, 2021 7:29 PM

r452- if you scroll all the way down to documentaries, there is some gay non-drag content there.

I do like Utica- I would say that she's a more uhh polished Evie, but less canny and too much into her head- some of her looks are very original

Raven is probably the most successful out of all the queens- she won a fucking Emmy for makeup- it should have been Mathu, poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 484April 2, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote]Raven is probably the most successful out of all the queens- she won a fucking Emmy for makeup- it should have been Mathu, poor guy.

Delta Work won an Emmy for doing Ru's wigs, but Ru/WOW let her go a while back. Apparently she had to join one of the entertainment labor unions (IATSE?) to keep her job, but she said she couldn't afford the dues, so they didn't renew her contract.

by Anonymousreply 485April 2, 2021 8:28 PM

R485 I still don’t get why Delta couldn’t or wouldn’t join the union. From what I can gather AJ and the Queen was a union gig and she didn’t want to join. Delta thought they’d hire her back for the following seasons, but nope. It seems dumb not to join a union, more opportunities for her career would have opened up.

by Anonymousreply 486April 2, 2021 9:28 PM

R484, I’d think the most successful would be the ones making the most money. Is that Bianca? I think Courtney makes a lot too. Who cares about an Emmy these days haha.

by Anonymousreply 487April 2, 2021 10:57 PM

Trixie, Bianca, Miss Fame, Katya and Violet are the best paid. Jinkx, Shea and Bendela put their money back into their own productions. They are successful by their own standard. But Shangela is the most famous and diversified of all the Drag Race contestants, if not the richest.

by Anonymousreply 488April 2, 2021 11:05 PM

Sorry, I meant to say Sasha, not Shea.

by Anonymousreply 489April 2, 2021 11:06 PM

r488/r489 = DR bipolar mental case

Keep that in mind.

by Anonymousreply 490April 2, 2021 11:11 PM

You're nuts R490. Everyone knows that. By the way, if you have me blocked....why do you keep responding to my posts?

You're always posting from multiple devices. That's why. Where do you even come up with bipolar? Sounds like a very juvenile accusation. Like something you'd read from an old insecure white troll on the internet.

May Jesus visit healing to your troubled mind this day, R490. Don't forget to praise your own posts and keep agreeing with yourself!

by Anonymousreply 491April 2, 2021 11:17 PM

[Quote] By the way, if you have me blocked...

I never said I've blocked you? Where did you get that idea?

by Anonymousreply 492April 2, 2021 11:18 PM

R490 hates Shangela. cuz....you know. DJ is black. R490 is the ancient racist white f@g who posts on these threads a hundred times a day.

by Anonymousreply 493April 2, 2021 11:19 PM

^ 490

by Anonymousreply 494April 2, 2021 11:19 PM

[Quote] Where do you even come up with bipolar?

Because that's how you act. Being self aware is a good thing, hon.

by Anonymousreply 495April 2, 2021 11:20 PM

[Quote] Don't forget to praise your own posts and keep agreeing with yourself!

Just like YOU did at r370 on your post at r368. Um, okay, dear.

by Anonymousreply 496April 2, 2021 11:24 PM

Why act so faggy? Is that how old white gays talk? You're stupider than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 497April 2, 2021 11:25 PM

[Quote] hates Shangela. cuz....you know. DJ is black. [R490] is the ancient racist white f@g who posts on these threads a hundred times a day.

I like Shang. She's a talent. I've met her twice unlike you. Jealous, bitch? Btw, I'm not white. I never said I was. You think I'm the same person you've been trolling for years here. It's fun laughing AT you.

by Anonymousreply 498April 2, 2021 11:27 PM

You're nutty Penelope. Stupid fool. I know who you are.

by Anonymousreply 499April 2, 2021 11:29 PM

Again r497/ Bipolar Mental Case you STILL can't prove anything. Waiting for the proof.

by Anonymousreply 500April 2, 2021 11:29 PM

It just warms the heart seeing the F-bomb thrown around so freely at Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 501April 2, 2021 11:29 PM

[Quote] You're nutty Penelope. Stupid fool. I know who you are.

Clearly you're looking into a mirror as you type, hon.

by Anonymousreply 502April 2, 2021 11:30 PM

[Quote] It just warms the heart seeing the F-bomb thrown around so freely at Datalounge.

Yes, the DL Bipolar Mental Case is the queen of throwing the f bombs. Says a lot about her and her mental state.

by Anonymousreply 503April 2, 2021 11:32 PM

Raven is in the union, so he's making a minimum of $60/hr for 8 hours + 1.5 overtime to 10, 2x after 10, and average shooting days are 12 hours. But since he's a personal, he's probably making $70-100/hour. Keep in mind he's travelled with Ru to London and Oz, and probably does Ru's press when he's in drag, which is at least $1000/day (Ru has a separate makeup artist for when he presents male). I think it's at least $7500 to join (it may be more), and they want 1/2 up front, then 18 months to pay off the rest. Delta wasn't thinking in the long term, West Coast Hair & Makeup union (IATSE 706) has one of the best medical/dental insurance plans around, and it's all built into the quarterly union dues, plus later you get a pension.

Also Raven can keep on making money not doing drag, whereas most of the other queens can't (Trixie and Kim Chi have their makeup lines). She'll have long term success and security.

by Anonymousreply 504April 3, 2021 12:31 AM

R504 Thank you for all those details. It seems like the average person who does hair, nails, makeup, etc. makes very little money and I always wonder how people get by and how they ended up choosing these careers. I appreciate creativity and unconventional life paths (because I am a creative person who took a conventional, safe path), and it makes me really happy to see people thrive with this sort of work as a viable, stable career. I always liked Raven on the show for reasons I can't quite articulate; he could be a jerk, but he also seemed to be a pretty decent person at the bottom of it all. I hope that RuPaul's inner circle is a good group of people. I like to think that they are. I thought Michelle was mean when she was introduced to the show, but I learned about their podcast from people here and I listened to it for years and really came to appreciate both of them as imperfect but interesting and overall pretty kind people, despite all the gossipy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 505April 3, 2021 12:49 AM

Rupaul is a nasty asshole and Michelle licks it clean.

by Anonymousreply 506April 3, 2021 12:54 AM

I hope Raven makes her money now because after the show is over and IMO it's at it final 5 seasons then Raven needs to find something. I've never been a fan of Raven's skills. I've always thought she's a cake monster. DR demo are young str8 women. They are buying makeup from queens season 7 till now.

by Anonymousreply 507April 3, 2021 12:55 AM

r506 = Bipolar mental case

by Anonymousreply 508April 3, 2021 12:57 AM

Please stop calling the "YOU'RE RACISSSSTTTT" troll bipolar. She's not welcome in our club. She's far worse than the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 509April 3, 2021 1:11 AM

worst challenge ever

by Anonymousreply 510April 3, 2021 1:11 AM

r509, I'm sorry but she is constantly going after 75% of the people who post here for no reason. I'm fighting fire with fire. Clearly she is. No offence.

by Anonymousreply 511April 3, 2021 1:14 AM

When it comes to success what about Courtney and Adore? And even Plastique?

Seems Season 6 has the most successful queens? Maybe Season 5 and 7 are on a similar level?

9 seems to be right after I guess.

by Anonymousreply 512April 3, 2021 1:20 AM

Do not fuck with RuPaul; one bitch just sealed her deal.

by Anonymousreply 513April 3, 2021 1:25 AM

R513 - why, who said what?

by Anonymousreply 514April 3, 2021 1:27 AM

Shut👏🏾the👏🏾fuck👏🏾up👏🏾you👏🏾disgusting👏🏾piece👏🏾of👏🏾ancient👏🏾racist👏🏾old👏🏾white👏🏾faggotty👏🏾TRASH👏🏾

by Anonymousreply 515April 3, 2021 1:29 AM

Worst top 4 ever?

by Anonymousreply 516April 3, 2021 1:33 AM

I can't stand Courtney and I don't know why. I think my brain conflates her with loathsome Derrick Dingleberry for some reason. She was a little too chipper for me, though, to the point of being annoying.

I really adore Adore, and my brain was confused by the new UK season because one of the Brits looked and acted just like Adore with a UK accent.

I don't know how "successful" they are (or what the measure should be), but among my favorite contestants who I'd love to watch more just because I found them likable are Adore, Heidi, Vangie, Tammie, Chad, Trixie, Ben, Tatianna, ChiChi (💚), Jinkx, Manila, Pandora, Cracker and Joslyn (who I loved.)

Also, I expect people will hate me, but Aja and Sasha. I like them. I would also love to watch more of Detox and Alaska even if they aren't entirely likable.

by Anonymousreply 517April 3, 2021 1:34 AM

R513 said that he is 78 years old, 400 lbs and hasn't left the basement in over 10 years. He lives with his mom's corpse. Hates blacks. Except for the ones who make him laugh. BoB the Draggy Man and Bill Cosby. R513 is on Drag Race threads day and night, using multiple devices - but always the same persona. He used to be overtly racist until he was banned. Now it just lies and fights. Ugly old white fat f@g is always agreeing with his own posts!! Bitch thinks that no one notices. But WE Do. And so does Mediapolis.

The show is over. Have another drink, take your meds and pack it in for the night. FREAK.👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

by Anonymousreply 518April 3, 2021 1:36 AM

r513, Ru's question was not immediately complied with by one queen. And Ru seemed impatient/pissed.

by Anonymousreply 519April 3, 2021 1:37 AM

What is the problem with r518?

by Anonymousreply 520April 3, 2021 1:38 AM

Nevermind. I see that r518 is a freak.

by Anonymousreply 521April 3, 2021 1:39 AM

R518 is your leader. And you keep following. Now do as your told. May Jesus heal your diseased mind and body tonight. First, you must sleep. Get sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 522April 3, 2021 1:40 AM

The moose is so dramatic requesting a medic because she’s light headed, for such a big fat foul mouthed slob she is quite a pussy

by Anonymousreply 523April 3, 2021 1:46 AM

Kandy was a mess on the runway tonight. But she is still fucking here.

by Anonymousreply 524April 3, 2021 1:49 AM

[Quote] Kandy was a mess on the runway tonight.

Tonight? Try every show even her "win" last week. Basic and boring is also a mess.

by Anonymousreply 525April 3, 2021 1:51 AM

R518 et al. is the "I hate white fags and will cut your throat" corpse of rotten dinge that has infested the DL for years.

Dead and doesn't know it.

by Anonymousreply 526April 3, 2021 1:51 AM

I blocked R 518. I looked to see what the posts were like. Just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 527April 3, 2021 1:54 AM

Only weak powerless ancient white gay men use terms like "cut your throat." Dinge is far more pejorative than FAG!! Old lady man, you're about to die. I don't need to help you R526. I can smell the rot of you from here.

I'm alive and I smell like the future.

by Anonymousreply 528April 3, 2021 1:56 AM

I didn't spoil it, but now that we know Kandy is staying ....

So tonight she did the exact same thing she has done every week. And the judges have loved it every week. It can't be "we want to see something different", because they literally told her to keep doing what she's doing. And she did. And this is what happened.

by Anonymousreply 529April 3, 2021 1:59 AM

Everyone needs to go after the judges on their social media because of all this fake bullshit judging with Kandy. Ross especially.

by Anonymousreply 530April 3, 2021 2:03 AM

Go after that old white woman RuPaul. He's a fracking disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 531April 3, 2021 2:31 AM

Just block the troll - it lives to post all that bullshit. Anyone using the f word is not a gay man. She loves it when you respond.

by Anonymousreply 532April 3, 2021 2:40 AM

F word? FRACKING? RuPaul depletes the earth and devalues people. He's a user and a POS. I would write S H I T - but that turns someone here on, a bit too much.🤣🤣😘

by Anonymousreply 533April 3, 2021 2:45 AM

Jesus Mary and Joseph, I am fucking BURNED OUT on these "production" challenges. The commercials, Rusical, reality show, movie, talk show bullshit is atrocious. Tonight's production was shit. They almost never show actual WORK being done in the workroom any more.

by Anonymousreply 534April 3, 2021 2:50 AM

My favorite part of the show has always been the design challenges, especially the Project Runway-esque ones but also the interior design ones, etc. Watching them do creative things is most interested, and that seems to be the facet they've limited the most (but not in the UK version, which is better). It seems like a bigger budget has made them reduce creativity and double down on the annoying musical and acting challenges that they want to monetize into a Vegas show.

by Anonymousreply 535April 3, 2021 3:01 AM

purchase rupaul's excrement

by Anonymousreply 536April 3, 2021 3:04 AM

Kind of surprised that they gave the win tonight to Rosé over Symone or Gottmik. Adds a bit more uncertainty going into the finals, which is a good thing.

So glad that the judges did not let Kandy off the hook this time over her runway outfit.

by Anonymousreply 537April 3, 2021 4:22 AM

Gottmik deserved to win this week.

by Anonymousreply 538April 3, 2021 4:46 AM

Kandy is not in shape to tour extensively. Will tonight’s near pass-out portend anxiety before a big live show later? Did any queens from earlier seasons need a medic to monitor heart rate and blood pressure?

She’s on her way to a heart attack if she doesn’t pay attention to her own fitness.

by Anonymousreply 539April 3, 2021 5:32 AM

R539 Well, Miss Max from Season 7 did need assistance when she tied her corset too tight!

by Anonymousreply 540April 3, 2021 6:00 AM

Symone, whether she wins the season or not, will be the breakout star. Well, Gotmik will too. But we all know why that will be...

(And Gotmik has actually grown on me. I like the kid.)

by Anonymousreply 541April 3, 2021 7:57 AM

Kandy was hyperventilating because she wasn't getting enough attention. Period.

by Anonymousreply 542April 3, 2021 8:54 AM

[quote] Well, Gotmik will too. But we all know why that will be...(And Gotmik has actually grown on me. I like the kid.)

Glad he has grown on you because it's not fair to suggest that he's a favorite of the judges because he is transgender. Of course, a lot of fans like him for that reason, but as we see in every RPDR thread, fans like and dislike all contestants because they project personal issues onto them.

I think Gotmik is a terrible, terrible name, but as far as Drag Race contestants go, he's one of the most entertaining and talented. If a gay biologically male contestant were as funny and dressed similarly, he'd unquestionably be a favorite of many.

The spinoff G-list celeb makeover show featured a lot of women and that annoyed me because teaching a female celebrity who already wears wigs and tons of makeup to look like an exaggerated version of a woman is a lame concept. Gottmik (ugh, that name) does read to me more like a gay man than a woman, but either way, his talent overshadows the drag component for me. I think he was a smart casting choice for the first trans contestant--although I admit I am still prejudiced enough to be really puzzled by the notion of someone being born a woman, feeling they are in the wrong body, surgically altering that body to look male, being a gay male, and dressing up like a woman. That is too paradoxical for me to wrap my brain around. But it doesn't detract from Gottmik's talent insofar as people on this show need to demonstrate talent.

I don't really get why everyone here says this is the worst season ever. It's middling, but there have been a lot of middling seasons. It's not worse than the season with Violet and Pearl IMO, and probably better than that snoozy season, but the Drag Race oversaturation effect is real and has made the show drag. Its formula is tedious when there's almost always more than one version of the show playing on TV, and as discussed above, making these annoying choreographed recitals the primary focus has become grating.

by Anonymousreply 543April 3, 2021 12:18 PM

Did they say at one point Kandy’s BP was like 180/111? That’s deadly high.

by Anonymousreply 544April 3, 2021 1:00 PM

I completely forgot the show was on last night and y’all spoiled it for me. Thanks a lot.

by Anonymousreply 545April 3, 2021 1:06 PM

R544 Yes, the camera showed the BP monitor and 180-something was clearly visible. He was probably having a panic attack. Or else the production may have doctored things for drama. It's reality TV, after all.

R545 I haven't mentioned the winner here and I hate spoilers, but a TV show can really only be "spoiled" before the show airs. For example, someone here once described one of the best episodes of Game of Thrones shot for shot before it aired, pretending it was speculation/imagined and not disclosing it was a real spoiler. I avoided DL for months afterward.

But to post after a show has aired what happened--well, the onus is on the viewer to avoid finding out what happened.

I watched Drag Race on a 20-minute delay last night and at one point I glanced at YouTube and saw that Michelle Visage was interviewing Olivia post-elimination. I certainly wasn't looking for that info and actively avoided this discussion while I watched, but once the cat is out of the bag, you have to hide from the cat. You can't expect it to crawl back in until you're ready to see it.

by Anonymousreply 546April 3, 2021 1:14 PM

I shall show the respect I have for everyone here by not saying that there is some discussion for a double win with Mik and Symone, but producers (meaning Ru) is now leaning more to going back and just giving it to Symone. They're not sure if they want to be dealing with Mik and his deal in a semi-permanent way, since she's really not a Ru Girl at heart.

by Anonymousreply 547April 3, 2021 1:26 PM

The Datalounge is not responsible for your Alzheimers r545.

by Anonymousreply 548April 3, 2021 1:35 PM

R545 Sooo, we're not supposed to discuss the show until YOU'VE watched it? Got it.

by Anonymousreply 549April 3, 2021 1:49 PM

This is absolutely the worst season due to production focusing almost exclusively on Kandy, who is decidedly unappealing in every way. That Symone even got noticed while Kandy smothered the show, shows how talented she is. Who knows about the other queens since they were afterthoughts to Ru while she pushed Kandy down everyones throats.

by Anonymousreply 550April 3, 2021 1:58 PM

Sighmoan is so fucking boring, the only thing she’s serving is snores and a cunty Joan Crawford face. Totally overrated.

by Anonymousreply 551April 3, 2021 2:07 PM

The outfit Kandy Moose wore in the challenge didn't fit - well nothing she ever wears does - but her panties were showing all night. And the judges didn't even mention it - at least we didn't see it.

She got the part she wanted and did it terribly.....but then I don't think she could have done ANY of the parts. The whole thing was pretty awful......

Except the last musical tag at the end of the sketch was the music from the finale of "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" - so there is that.

Kandy's behavior in Untucked was so over the top.....LOL....and her makeup was B U S T E D.

by Anonymousreply 552April 3, 2021 2:10 PM

Yeah, R552, I wasn’t sure if we were supposed to see the panties or not, but it seems anyone else would have gotten dragged (no pun) for that. And her wig in the pocket challenge looked like it was cut with a food processor.

by Anonymousreply 553April 3, 2021 2:13 PM

r535 that was the original concept of the show - A drag queen was going to be paired with a designer and they would create a new themed look every week. I turned into this.

by Anonymousreply 554April 3, 2021 2:18 PM

[quote] I turned into this.

What exactly did you turn into r554?

by Anonymousreply 555April 3, 2021 2:24 PM

[QUOTE] That Symone even got noticed

Okay, Kandy can be a gargoyle at times, but has anyone clocked Symone for doing the same exact character over and over again in the same way Olivia Luxx has? The “factory” drag she keeps pulling out? She’s not polished and that roast was an Abortion (much worse than Utica’s).

by Anonymousreply 556April 3, 2021 2:30 PM

Thank fuck Olivia finally got booted. How she ever managed to stay in so long I will never know. One note and busted looks and level of self-delusion that came very close to Utica level delusion.

The highly faked pretend "niceness act" and the put on child's voice were nauseating - but you could sometimes see exactly who she was when she forgot the cameras were around for a split second and catch a look in her eyes and see who she really was. Love how Ru refused to take her shit and demanded she name someone who should go. If I never see Olivia again it will be too soon. One of my most hated drag queens in all 13 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 557April 3, 2021 2:40 PM

R554 It's the best part of the show.

I understand that reality show producers are in a catch-22 because as years go by, their formula gets stale, but the "twists" they come up with are almost always inferior to the original concept and they degrade the show.

Project Runway was a hit, based on designers creating clothes and the focus being on creativity and to some extent marketability. It remained mostly good on Bravo and then it tanked at Lifetime when they focused on personalities and obvious favorites who were hardly designers were chosen by judges.

America's Next Top Model was a hit when it showed a version of what the fashion industry is like behinf the scenes, including that models are imperfect and often very strange looking but photograph well, including showing that unretouched fashion photos show a lot of imperfections and including Tyra's conspicuous affirmations of young women in a brutally judgmental business. That all worked well. Then the show went over the top with challenges like dressing as someone who is another race, including blackface, making a woman be photographed in a coffin days after her best friend died, stupid lingo like "booty tooch," mean judging and eventually bad ideas like having social media users determine winners and coercing some cast members to play villains. And then they put men on the show, which killed it. The original concept was perfect. "New and improved" killed it.

Drag Race's early seasons were so good because the show was a novelty and rather confusing to many of us, and the low budget of the show combined with scrappy performers who were sometimes homeless and had rough lives and looked rough and happily did foolish things with tongue in cheek while getting pithy life advice from RuPaul created such a feel-food show with people who were not cast for beauty. And the show didn't feature "showmances," but instead friendships that emerged organically. And we got to see their innate creativity and abilities to adapt to crazy situations play out, like being sent out into the street to make passers by do crazy things. The show had heart and it showed how street smarts work. Now it's like watching an elementary-level performance arts school.

The focus originally was making things with imagination and making do with what they had to work with, and now the focus is on song and dance. They're adult Jon-Benet Ramseys now. It's a terrible degradation, thanks to a bigger budget and VH1 executives who don't get the point of the original series.

by Anonymousreply 558April 3, 2021 2:41 PM

I was so bored during that kit. These scripts for the acting challenges...

by Anonymousreply 559April 3, 2021 2:48 PM

Jubehuhnl muhbertsyak mylarkihsop juthimema BITCHES?

(Translation: You bitches ain't gonna talk about my fab'lous breastses, BITCHES?)

by Anonymousreply 560April 3, 2021 2:49 PM

R557 I think Olivia was hesitating on the runway not to play games with Ru, but because she remembered how Kandy acted the last time she got criticized.

Oh, SO YOU CALLIN’ ME ARROGANT!?! I’M ARROGANT!?!??

by Anonymousreply 561April 3, 2021 2:51 PM

What sucks the most is Kandy will be forever saying, " I MADE TOP 4, BIIIIITCH!!!! "

by Anonymousreply 562April 3, 2021 3:06 PM

Again, Kandy enters the work room first at the start of the shows "new day." 90% of the time it's her. It's something tiny but very glaringly obvious. There is a reason for everything in TV. Truth.

by Anonymousreply 563April 3, 2021 3:11 PM

r562 oh she started before that taking a dig at her own house. "Aja and Dhalia never won a challenge, bugahhbioodksks bitches"

by Anonymousreply 564April 3, 2021 3:13 PM

Is Ru a top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 565April 3, 2021 3:15 PM

Symone was smart to want Kandy's part in the skit. She didn't want to play the same thing again. They kept pushing the girls to go bigger and bigger and it's just bad. At least Symone tried to add some reality to it. She wasn't great, but still better than the others, who were giving amateurish performances. But then again, they were being coached by those two brilliant thesbians, Michelle and Carson. This is the second week I couldn't bring myself to watch untucked. This season is abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 566April 3, 2021 3:17 PM

RPDR is OVER! O V E R!

by Anonymousreply 567April 3, 2021 3:19 PM

Good for Rose. She totally deserved the win. Kandy again sucked in everyway this week.

by Anonymousreply 568April 3, 2021 3:30 PM

Kandy won the LS because she pointed her finger and she had glitter. That's it. A sad state for RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 569April 3, 2021 3:33 PM

Count me as another who's glad Olivia got booted. Her fake niceness and child voice were as annoying as her weird toddler "walk" she always did in character.

I think there's some arrested development there. Sexually abused as a child?

by Anonymousreply 570April 3, 2021 3:34 PM

Olivia HAD to go R569. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 571April 3, 2021 3:35 PM

r571. we all knew. Of course she was never winning but Kandy going further in the comp? NO! Kandy needed to go first. She has zero talent. At least Olivia has a tiny amount of it. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 572April 3, 2021 3:39 PM

R566 Am I the only one who sees every performance on Drag Race as amateurish? They're made to overact and in a few instances have been reprimanded for being too convincing in performances.

The only acting that comes to mind for me as non-amateurish was Bob in the Empire skit. He was "overacting" as required, but he had a kind of polish with his delivery and his mannerisms were believable enough to describe as reasonably good acting--at least by the standards of Drag Race. That skit was the moment when I knew no one would be able to outcompete him on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573April 3, 2021 3:41 PM

I actually disagree, I ended up liking Olivia more this week. She took the criticism from the judges and other queens with grace (unlike some others). And they really gave it to her, but she held her own. Her moment with her mom and grandma was so beautiful. And to hear her story about her fight with her grandma before coming on the show, that really made me tear up. Sounds like she’s more accepting of Olivia now.

by Anonymousreply 574April 3, 2021 3:45 PM

[Quote] The only acting that comes to mind for me as non-amateurish was Bob in the Empire skit.

I would add Thorgy to that. She was also very good.

by Anonymousreply 575April 3, 2021 4:02 PM

"Oh you thirsty bitch?"

"Is the train still running?"

by Anonymousreply 576April 3, 2021 4:32 PM

After waiting a week and watching it again I still don't think Kandy Muse was funny in that roast. She wasn't the worst, but her jokes were tired. I can see how in a club after some alcohol her jokes might get some laughs but she was lame in this roast.

I cringe whenever the camera is on her, one of the most mediocre queens to ever get this far.

by Anonymousreply 577April 3, 2021 4:44 PM

To answer R557 and R562, I can't think of any other way the mediocrity of Season 13 is better demonstrated than by Olivia making it as far as she did and (especially) Kandy making the top 4. This wouldn't have happened on any other season, and that includes 7 and 11.

by Anonymousreply 578April 3, 2021 4:58 PM

Olivia felt like filler to me. I'll grant you that. But I looked up a ranking of all the contestants--about 120 in all--and I barely remembered or recognized at least 20 percent of them. Another 30 percent (probably more) I would consider as middling as Olivia and a lot of them made it to the top.

I've said it before but I really think Drag Race is a lot like SNL. It's usually not very good, yet we tend to remember old episodes as far superior. Our brains filter out the filler, the terrible concepts and the lackluster performances (the majority) in favor of a few select shining moments.

Ninety percent of Snatch Game performances are dreadfully poor. A few have been witty and a very few have been funny. Yet every season, everyone looks forward to it and then complains that the lastest is shit compared with past ones. But it's always on par with past ones, except that a few individuals in the past were funny and that's what we measure against.

I think it is really telling that no one has this reaction to the production numbers. That is, no one complains that Kandy didn't measure up in the song-and-dance choreography to Jinkx because the song-and-dance choreography de-emphasizes personal talents and doesn't give any individual a chance to demonstrate talent or to be interesting. I hate these challenges, and it seems to be all the production wants to do. When they are actually satisfying, my reaction is always that the producers did a good job; none of the contestants really stands out as a talent because those numbers are not about the contestants at all. No one cares if they can memorize choreography.

by Anonymousreply 579April 3, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote] This wouldn't have happened on any other season, and that includes 7 and 11.

I have one thing to say: Silky Nutmeg Ganache.

by Anonymousreply 580April 3, 2021 8:28 PM

^ agree.

by Anonymousreply 581April 3, 2021 8:49 PM

Kandy did a great job with that lip synch. You can't take that from her.

by Anonymousreply 582April 3, 2021 8:52 PM

R545 is almost as bad as Kandy Moose.

It’s not about you.

by Anonymousreply 583April 3, 2021 8:55 PM

And Rose's last night look was once of the best I've ever seen on this show.

by Anonymousreply 584April 3, 2021 8:57 PM

[Quote] Kandy did a great job with that lip synch. You can't take that from her.

Actually we can. Kandy just pointed and threw glitter in the air. That's it. She at least knew ALL THE WORDS of the song for the first time this season. THAT you can give her. Olivia LS the same as Kandy but Olivia did have a gimmick. She lost.

I actually think last night should have been a double elimination. That would have been awesome!

by Anonymousreply 585April 3, 2021 8:59 PM

R582 I agree! I'm not a fan of Kandy but she really made me laugh out loud when she was making faces and gestures at Olivia during the lip sync

by Anonymousreply 586April 3, 2021 9:04 PM

R585 what exactly was Olivia's gimmick?

by Anonymousreply 587April 3, 2021 9:06 PM

R586 how could you tell when Kandy was making a face?

by Anonymousreply 588April 3, 2021 9:10 PM

That she didn't have any talent and yet had made it so far on the show R587.

by Anonymousreply 589April 3, 2021 9:10 PM

[Quote] Olivia LS the same as Kandy but Olivia did have a gimmick.

Olivia did NOT have a gimmick.

Sorry, r587.

Kandy had the glitter gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 590April 3, 2021 9:11 PM

Created part 5 for us, my darlings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591April 3, 2021 9:14 PM

I'm having a hard time getting this thread to load correctly, so sorry if I'm repeating this observation, but Rose's runway dress looked like the work of Gigi's mum. I wonder if she's got a whole enterprise going on now. If so, good for her. I especially liked it once the coat was off.

I thought Symone's outfit was more fun though, and walked that fine line between camp and costume very nicely. She did well in the challenge too. Her self esteem is seriously flagging though at least going by the interview portions, and I hope that her not winning this episode doesn't put the final nail in the esteem coffin for her. She really is a winner, not exactly the greatest in the history of the show, but certainly nothing to sneeze at. I do think this was a fair win for Rose. But, yet again, no one knocked it totally out of the ballpark.

It really was high time for Olivia to go. She truly needs to cultivate her talent, though I sort of don't see that happening for her. I think she's hit her level, and doesn't have the drive or interest, or perhaps ability to evolve further. She seems happy to be the sweet, smiling, filler queen, and there's nothing wrong with that.

R538 I do think GM certainly deserved to be safe, but she did not deserve a win. Once again she was over praised. She has played this same character in this challenge more than once, most recently in the branding challenge. At the very least, I wish she would change up her voice/vocal styling. I'm over this valley girl shtick. I saw Michelle slap her fucking knee during GMs rehearsal when nothing going on was at all knee slappy, nor is Michelle the knee slappy type for the most part. That said, her reaction didn't really meet her eyes. She's playing along with this...experiment...but Michelle is enough of a cunt to make me think that was a bit of a read to GM's literal knee slappy "ain't we having a great time" persona. I get the feeling Carson wasn't all that sold either, then again as long as that check clears...

I don't dislike GM, she seems like a decent person who doesn't have it out for anyone, and is really only interested in furthering her fame, and who in this game isn't? However, I don't think she's in any way an outstanding talent when it comes to Drag. She's serviceable, but it's the trans hook that's gotten her this far. However, the longer this interminable season crawls along, the less that hook is helping now that we are at the point where talent outweighs a backstory. (Fixes are a discussion for another time) She never seems miffed when she's simply "safe" unlike the more driven queens who are plucked as fuck that they didn't win and aren't shy to bitch about it. She doesn't seem that invested in the competitive aspect. And, like this season, that's boring. She hasn't aesthetically evolved from the first episode to this most recent one, and she seems not only fine with that but as if everything is going to plan. She's not here for the 100k, or even bragging rights. She's here to add it to her resume. I guess that is what comes with a relatively bottomless wallet and an untouchable "backstory"? I find watching this kind of bland calculation play out to be tedious and deflating as a viewer. (Then again 99 percent of this season has been tedious and deflating.)

Rose called it when she said she was afraid of pissing off fans at first (but was now starting to open up). Everyone is in fear of the 14 year old Frauen in training army. Hopefully, in a couple of years, when these little twits grow up to have other interests, Drag will shake off their shackles (Mary!) and shed this wokeness/Disneyfication nonsense that is eroding it.

by Anonymousreply 592April 3, 2021 9:36 PM

R591 Thank you doll!

Especially on a phone, things bog out to the point of hopeless by post 550 if not earlier these days.

by Anonymousreply 593April 3, 2021 9:53 PM

If anyone is wondering how many more episodes left on this snoozetacular, Reply 4 on the new thread said:

Three left, April 23 is the finale, the reunion show will be on the 16th.

by Anonymousreply 594April 3, 2021 10:09 PM

Kandy is the worst queen ever on RPDR!

by Anonymousreply 595April 3, 2021 10:33 PM

Kandy sucks cunts!

by Anonymousreply 596April 3, 2021 10:33 PM

Kandy's career is ovah!

by Anonymousreply 597April 3, 2021 10:33 PM

The producers are just using Kandy but she's a dumbass!

by Anonymousreply 598April 3, 2021 10:34 PM

Kandy is fug!

by Anonymousreply 599April 3, 2021 10:34 PM

Fuck Kandy! Grease fire!

by Anonymousreply 600April 3, 2021 10:35 PM

Magnolia Crawford remains the worst queen ever to be on Drag Race. Kandy is the winner of Season 13!

by Anonymousreply 601April 3, 2021 10:36 PM

Kandy remains the worst queen ever to be on Drag Race. Kandy is the fattiest and fugliest of Season 13!

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 602April 3, 2021 10:46 PM

r601 = DL Bipolar mental case.

by Anonymousreply 603April 4, 2021 12:44 AM

Two windows on one laptop, r601/DL bipolar mental case.

by Anonymousreply 604April 4, 2021 1:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!