Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 13 Part 5: Final Four, Now Please No More

Carry on with discussions of the road to the finale..

Link to part 4:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 18, 2021 10:56 PM

Kandy pretty much does the same shit in every lip-synch.

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2021 9:23 PM

Thanks OP! So does anyone know how many episodes of this saga are left?

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2021 10:01 PM

Kandy should have been eliminated for this atrocity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2021 10:02 PM

Three left, R2. April 23 is the finale, the reunion show will be on the 16th.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2021 10:04 PM

This last episode was so boring. How can I make it thru three more...

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2021 10:32 PM

Thanks OP! Kandy still sucks at everything.

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2021 10:36 PM

I feel like Symone’s breakdown in the confessional about how much was “invested” in her being drag race was telling. These looks aren’t cheap! It must cost a fortune to make it to drag race these days. And Kandy obviously doesn’t have the resources that some of the others do. But her pocket dress, and her beast look, were truly two of the worst runway looks ever of all time. Periodt.

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2021 10:40 PM

Symone and Rose are my final two.

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2021 10:48 PM

Good post on the old thread, YOUSTOLEMYGODDAMNHOUSE.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2021 10:49 PM

R8, they’re everybody’s final two.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2021 10:49 PM

really, r10. I would think Got was more so than Rose but okay.

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2021 10:56 PM

The final two will be Mik and Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2021 11:01 PM

They might do a “history making” F3 if there’s any will to not cut Mik in favor of Symone or Rose. I wouldn’t be surprised if an easy way around getting rid of Kandy, next, will be out of concern for her health.

by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2021 11:09 PM

R13 Oh god, there's a thought...Fucking hell.

You may well be on to something.

by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2021 11:14 PM

Are you kidding me? Symone's pocket dress is one of my all time favorite looks

by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2021 11:17 PM

I just feel like Mik can’t be next to go, and really shouldn’t be F2. That’s why I wonder if, for the sake of optics, they’ll pull a F3. It might make it appear less obvious or more palatable to the wokestans if they make Mik second runner up in the finale. And the way Kandy went from top to bottom this week makes it seem like they boosted her up and kept her around for the drama, but now it’s time to go. She had a pretty shitty runway. She’s had just as bad in the past IMO, but this time she didn’t get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2021 11:23 PM

Symone's got this. She's one of my faves of all time actually.

by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2021 11:30 PM

The show used Kandy the entire time. I'm sure she's fine with it but she won't have a big career. Maybe and tour with the cast but after that it's back to small clubs and crowds.

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2021 11:32 PM

I loved Symone's pocket look, and I have to say that GottMik's was smart and very flattering. However as someone said upthread, Mik is doing the same ditzy, nasal vocal-fry voiced Paris Hilton character when he needs to "act".

Kandy has to go next week, especially since a big girl won on RPDR UK.

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2021 11:40 PM

My biggest fear is they end up keeping Kandy next week and going with a final 4. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 20April 3, 2021 11:41 PM

R13 why would they do a top 3 when they have done a top four since season 8? And what do you mean about Kandy’s health? Unless you count S12 but that was different.

Anyway I am not going to watch the next episode probably. The final 4 dance video is always my least favorite. If the reunion and finale are done via zoom then I wont watch those either. I just don’t give a shit about this show anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21April 3, 2021 11:42 PM

You’re not watching Untucked, R21, so like Mama Ru loves telling us, you’re only getting half the story.

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2021 11:44 PM

I think mik & rose are the final 2, I think either one of them could win, 50-50

by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2021 11:51 PM

R22 okay you caught me. I didn’t because like I said I just don’t care anymore. What did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 24April 3, 2021 11:59 PM

Kandy is just a big piece of shit .

by Anonymousreply 25April 4, 2021 12:23 AM

yes, yes she is r25.

by Anonymousreply 26April 4, 2021 12:28 AM

This focus some of you have on Kandy is just not healthy and you play right into the producers hands. After all these seasons you must have figured out how these shows work by now.

by Anonymousreply 27April 4, 2021 12:29 AM

Yes, R26. Please agree with yourself @R25. Psycho racist freak.

by Anonymousreply 28April 4, 2021 12:32 AM

DL Bipolar mental case at r28 that isn't me at r25. Yes, multiple devises, got it.

by Anonymousreply 29April 4, 2021 12:43 AM

R21 I think the poster means a 3 way TIE

by Anonymousreply 30April 4, 2021 12:48 AM

Yes it is you R25, R26. Just as the posts #602 and R603 are BOTH you in the previous thread. We know who you are. You're mistreating your position on DL. You won't have it much longer fool.

by Anonymousreply 31April 4, 2021 12:52 AM

The cheque is in the mail and you're fired. Back to the drive through.

by Anonymousreply 32April 4, 2021 12:55 AM

I love that Simone hung out with the emo kids in her old Arkansas town. I bet she endured and rose above a lot of terrible shit

by Anonymousreply 33April 4, 2021 12:58 AM

The more I think about it, the more I really think Gottmik is going to win. My heart wants Symone to win, but my gut/brain thinks Gottmik will for the optics of it.

I think Rose is going to come in 3rd. Truthfully, Rose hasn't impressed me that much this season and I don't think she deserves to win. Yeah, she's better then Kandy... but those queens weaponizing their BAs don't do it for me.

by Anonymousreply 34April 4, 2021 1:00 AM

[Quote] Yes it is you [R25], [R26]. Just as the posts #602 and [R603] are BOTH you in the previous thread. We know who you are. You're mistreating your position on DL. You won't have it much longer fool.

And yet you're so dumb to understand I have TWO windows open on one laptop. You know you can do that, right? It's so high tech and computer-y. Your bipolar has really gotten the best of you, loser. Laughing AT you, fucktard!

by Anonymousreply 35April 4, 2021 1:07 AM

You're also R25! About 80 percent of the posts on these threads are from you. Likes I said - your check is in the mail. Back to The View threads for you. You OLD white racist faggy FOOL.

by Anonymousreply 36April 4, 2021 1:12 AM

^^^ Needing another time out, hon?

by Anonymousreply 37April 4, 2021 1:13 AM

That's what I thought, r36. Trash.

by Anonymousreply 38April 4, 2021 1:37 AM

Kandy Muse will forever be remembered as Drag Race’s jump the shark moment

by Anonymousreply 39April 4, 2021 1:46 AM

Agree, r39.

by Anonymousreply 40April 4, 2021 1:58 AM

They did top 3 many times. They can flip back easily.

by Anonymousreply 41April 4, 2021 2:23 AM

I will say the LS song was great last night. love Cher.

by Anonymousreply 42April 4, 2021 2:24 AM

I was bummed to hear Symone and Gigi were close.

Gigi is everything wrong with drag race.

by Anonymousreply 43April 4, 2021 2:26 AM

r43, Gigi has a built in costume company at her disposal. I can't blame anyone getting close to her. Anything for a discount!

by Anonymousreply 44April 4, 2021 2:30 AM

R44 Gigi's mom is probably chained to a sewing machine in the Haus of Avalon's attic.

#freegigismom

by Anonymousreply 45April 4, 2021 2:56 AM

Ha! Absolutely, r45!

by Anonymousreply 46April 4, 2021 3:02 AM

R38 reminded me of my favorite (and underrated) Jasmine Masters-ism:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 4, 2021 3:05 AM

R39 I'd argue that the show jumped the shark long before Kandy. At least by season 11 with Silky.

I think the show started to go downhill when drag queens who started drag because they were INSPIRED by RPDR started to be cast. That's when the show started to become lackluster. Now it's starting to cast queens who were young children when the show first started airing.

by Anonymousreply 48April 4, 2021 3:11 AM

Ha, r47!

I totally forgot about that! Hilarious! Thank you for the reminder. I love JM.

by Anonymousreply 49April 4, 2021 3:15 AM

[quote]After all these seasons you must have figured out how these shows work by now.

Which is EXACTLY what is wrong with the show at this point.

Remember when Drag Race was edgy and really, really funny because it was a surprising satire of other reality shows? It took America's Top Model and Project Runway, shook them around and made fun of them. A man in a dress acting like he thought he was Naomi Campbell or a contestant in a self-designed schmatta that looked like shit actually made me laugh. Ru asking the judges for their opinions and then completely ignoring them was a great send-up of Tyra Banks or Heidi Klum.

Now, it's like yet another episode of a series that has long outlived its purpose. Not only is each challenge basically a repeat of challenges past, you can actually predict which of those tired old challenges is going to pop up on which episode.

It has pretty much devolved into Gilligan's Island or 24.

by Anonymousreply 50April 4, 2021 8:12 AM

Drag Race has always kept queens past their deserved rank when they make good TV. But the trend they started in season 10 - take a mildly charming plus size queen, wildly over praise and over reward her, and keep her until the finals to create division - has really wrecked the show.

Eureka, Silky, and Kandy have some good qualities, but the show does them no favour by making the audience resent the fuck out of them. You would think that someone in production would realize that the recent season nearly everyone loved - 12 - was a hit because they had to edit out their plus size villain entirely.

In earlier seasons, Ginger and Darienne (who were MUCH more talented) earned their challenge wins and lip sync victories fairly.

Here’s hoping they don’t pull the same shit in season 14 - I won’t sit through another season of the same shitty storyline.

by Anonymousreply 51April 4, 2021 8:35 AM

R51 I don’t agree with Eureka. She was a bit annoying, but she always has great looks and was put together. Most big girls are sloppy. Plus, she put Vixien in her place.

by Anonymousreply 52April 4, 2021 9:04 AM

Of course Symone will win, she's black

by Anonymousreply 53April 4, 2021 10:44 AM

Of course Symone will win, she's b[est] lack[ing nothing]

by Anonymousreply 54April 4, 2021 11:20 AM

You have to admit that Symone's gold dress was perfection. i wonder if she did the pocket outfit too.

by Anonymousreply 55April 4, 2021 2:11 PM

Can someone with dressmaking skills provide a public service with a brief rundown of the mechanics of Kandy's pocket dress?

Sorry, I couldn't locate a pic. I almost couldn't believe my eyes as she strutted the runway, but am curious what exactly she was wearing.

by Anonymousreply 56April 4, 2021 2:13 PM

Eureka and Darienne are a thousand times more talented than Mumbles Muse.

by Anonymousreply 57April 4, 2021 2:16 PM

Symone should've won the last challenge. Her outfit was amazing, and in the acting challenge, she didn't resort to the old drag queen "SCREAMING IS ACTING" method like Rose always does.

Olivia and Mikk - same ol', same ol' in the acting challenge. Olivia acts like a dumb bimbo and prances around on her toes while Mikk speaks through her nose and channels Paris Hilton. It was time for Olivia to go, but Kandy should've gone way before her.

Kandy - what a fucking joke she is. Ru should've sent her home as soon as she saw her barreling down the runway in that abortion.

by Anonymousreply 58April 4, 2021 2:24 PM

r56, from what I gather, there were tiny origami pockets all trussed together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 4, 2021 2:25 PM

Gigi and Symone are close in real life. Having Gigi and her mother in Symone's corner has certainly paid off with some impressive looks. Gigi has styled has styled a number wigs for Symone, and is quite talented at it. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 4, 2021 2:36 PM

I never thought I’d say this, but give me a bitchy pageant queen over this “fashion fashion fashion” no personality BS

by Anonymousreply 61April 4, 2021 2:42 PM

[quote]If I "have figured out how these shows work by now", why should I watch?

Are you being held hostage in your own home? Respond twice to let us know you're in distress.

by Anonymousreply 62April 4, 2021 2:57 PM

[quote]Which is EXACTLY what is wrong with the show at this point.

What is wrong with the show, that none of you want to hear and/or accept is you've aged out of it. That is why I gave up Big Brother and Project Runway, I aged out of it. I still hang on to Drag Race because it's still fun in places, but a lot of it is side-eyeing this new generation gays just as the generation of gays before us -- side-eyed us and watching Ru become more disconnected from it all and throw out self help shit that even he doesn't believe.

by Anonymousreply 63April 4, 2021 3:03 PM

I will watch for the wonderfulness of seeing Kandy Moose being thrown out on her big fat ass!

My favorite comment in all of the threads about this season is the the poster who accurately said that Kandy Moose looks like she's talking out of her neck!!!!

HAHAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 64April 4, 2021 3:12 PM

r63 I kind of wondered about that for myself as well. I'm 53 so was already likely aged out of it when the show started. But it was fun and different and referential. It didn't take itself that seriously and you still had the parody vibe. Most importantly, the snot nosed woke parasites hadn't co-opted it for themselves yet. Now in interviews you have contestants openly worrying about the fans. Talk about a mood killer, and a creativity killer too.

But when I watch the UK version, I feel like it is all fun all over again. Not just for the contestants but the judges as well. I'm sure that won't last long, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I really missed watching it last week.

by Anonymousreply 65April 4, 2021 3:28 PM

That's why I liked Thailand and UK, (and Priyanka)- the contestants were still passionate and having fun, despite being stressed out- they were less concerned about the social optics ("branding"), to an extent. Holland seemed very micromanged for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 66April 4, 2021 3:57 PM

And Jimbo in the first part of the series, until he got bitter.

by Anonymousreply 67April 4, 2021 3:58 PM

Jimbo will always have a place in my heart for his perfect, savage takedown of blonde straight white girl entitlement - accomplished in a mere four words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 4, 2021 4:18 PM

[Quote] My favorite comment in all of the threads about this season is the the poster who accurately said that Kandy Moose looks like she's talking out of her neck!!!!

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 69April 4, 2021 4:21 PM

Symone has something GiGi did not: real warmth, so Symone reads as "real", but GiGi "manufactured".

by Anonymousreply 70April 4, 2021 4:55 PM

Absolutely, r70.

by Anonymousreply 71April 4, 2021 4:57 PM

[quote]But the trend they started in season 10 - take a mildly charming plus size queen, wildly over praise and over reward her, and keep her until the finals to create division - has really wrecked the show.

I think it's overcompensation after Ru didn't crown Ginger in Season 7.

by Anonymousreply 72April 4, 2021 5:01 PM

R66 I'm still surprised by how good Drag Race Thailand was (season 2, at least) was. The queens just had raw energy and drive that has been neutered on Drag Race US. They were shady, funny, energetic, passionate, etc. I mean... Miss Gimhuay having the fucking NERVE to cheat!! Then Mocha Diva calling her out. On. Stage. Then the fact Art-Arya had to tell the queens to STOP SETTING THEMSELVES ON FIRE!!! It was just a great season. Another thing I enjoyed about Thailand was that the judging was less stale than US/UK with Ru and Michelle and just less awful than Canada's Drag Race. There were some weird judging decisions, to be sure, but overall it was refreshing. You could tell Art-Arya and Pangina Heals took their job "seriously" and really cared about the girls. It was so different from what we've become used to.

I'm not expecting much from Drag Race Australia, to be honest. Just more of Ru and Michelle's nonsense. I hope Drag Race Spain is good.

by Anonymousreply 73April 4, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]Change the channel, sweatie. There's like 100,000 other shows you could watch

Actually, I took your "advice" about 3 or 4 years ago and stopped watching. I keep up with it on these threads simply because I have great memories of its slightly anarchic past.

by Anonymousreply 74April 4, 2021 5:47 PM

I hate-watch the show so I can read these threads and be entertainted by you bitches and your reads.

Thanks cunts.

by Anonymousreply 75April 4, 2021 10:04 PM

I guess Defucktard prefers it when men such as Gaetz are allowed to legislate womens’ bodies while lecherously preying on them. If you don’t have a uterus, then keep your opinions on abortion to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 76April 4, 2021 10:35 PM

R76 - wrong thread babe.

by Anonymousreply 77April 4, 2021 10:47 PM

Ah, fuck me. Whatever.

How about that Ru? How much you think she’s worth?

by Anonymousreply 78April 4, 2021 10:51 PM

Symone has to win this. She's been the most clever and consistent during this otherwise lackluster season. She's probably one of the best queens to appear on this show in quite a few seasons. I think even Rupaul is a fan as he has seemed mostly impressed by Symone from the start and noticeably reacts to her in a genuine way that doesn't feel as perfunctory as it does with some of the other contestants.

by Anonymousreply 79April 5, 2021 12:41 AM

r78, Apparently between $16-60 million.

And yes, r73, Thailand's judges really wanted all of the girls to succeed-tough love! I suppose the reason why Pangina is an international contestant is because she's fluent in English, which is a shame, because S2 queens are great- I love Vanda Miss Joaquim, Kana Warrior, Bandit, Tormai and Maya B'Haro. Also Annee Maywong from S1, whom I mentioned previously upthread.

Even if Symone doesn't win, she'll have a fine career ahead of her, especially since the world is starting to be vaccinated and opening up again.

by Anonymousreply 80April 5, 2021 12:48 AM

Just reading those names that R80 mentions from S2 Thailand makes me smile. I loved the way Art Arya would pronounce them by biting down hard on each syllable then critiquing them in a blend of Thai and English. They were a great bunch of contestants.

by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2021 12:52 AM

R81 Yes, I really grew to love the way Art-Arya spoke. I'm sure that sounds super weird, but I got so used to it. MEWWWZYIK!!

I watched a few interviews with art Art-Arya and she (he? how do they identify?) seems like a very warm person. They're lucky to have her as a mentor! I *love* that she was so MOVED by some of the lipsyncs, but ALSO made them start over again when they sucked!!!

R80 I have to admit that I really liked Srimala even though she probably overstayed her welcome. She was hilarious, almost like a Thai Tammie Brown.

Genie kind of annoyed me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 5, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote]I suppose the reason why Pangina is an international contestant is because she's fluent in English, which is a shame, because S2 queens are great- I love Vanda Miss Joaquim, Kana Warrior, Bandit, Tormai and Maya B'Haro.

Vanda also speaks English well. She did a fun interview with Yuhua Yamasaki for her [italic]Bootleg Opinions [/italic] show, and the House of Miss Joaquim has its own YouTube channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 5, 2021 1:10 AM

^ Hamasaki

by Anonymousreply 84April 5, 2021 1:11 AM

Speak of the devil. Angele is on the most recent episode of Bootleg Opinions for Episode 13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 5, 2021 1:13 AM

Cute. Gottmik has got talent. She's like Raja that way. Multi talented makeup artist, wannabe runway model, a good illustrationist and true fashionista. I don't like either of them too much, but you can see how drag is a natural extension of all their interests. Raja is really puzzling to me. Cuz that dude is a MAN. But he's committed to being some version of a runway model in his head. Even as he approaches 60 years old. Friend of the Ru, no more. Raja is way too down market for Ru now. But history will repeat itself. Gottmik is going to win.

Symone and Gigi being so close is nice actually. They are living in the same space these days. Symone has way more depth and personality on Drag Race - but they are both dedicated to being weird and near perfect. Just because Gigi comes across as robotic mamma's boy doesn't mean he's not a nice guy. Symone's confessional this week was one of the most honest in many years. Those were real tears. He doesn't want to let people down. Funny how they're all just putting on a show. Gigi is ridiculously conceited, but probably a good friend if you're a different color....

Gottmik is looking for a chosen family too. I don't think she had to cut off her tits to find one. They can always grow back. She's going to win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 6, 2021 5:48 AM

You. Are. Dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 87April 6, 2021 6:18 AM

Yes, Kandy might win. She would be ideal as the first thick girl winner. But I'm sure it will be Gottmik who is crowned, R87. She deserves it. Personality, lewks, fashion, humor, she's great in performance challenges, was great in stand up and is always THE standout on the runway. It's become pretty obvious at this point that Gottmik is our winner.🤞

by Anonymousreply 88April 6, 2021 6:29 AM

Kandy deserves to be drowned, not crowned.

by Anonymousreply 89April 6, 2021 9:54 AM

Uh-oh.....watch The Moose's twitter to report another death threat.

by Anonymousreply 90April 6, 2021 1:57 PM

Let me tell you about death threats

by Anonymousreply 91April 6, 2021 2:01 PM

I've already seen more than one viewer poll for the choice of winner that has Rosé in the lead. This, I did not expect. It seemed obvious since the midpoint of the season that it was going to be between Symone and Gottmik, and I figured the viewers would respond in kind.

by Anonymousreply 92April 6, 2021 4:33 PM

Symone is to much like the last winner, whose name escapes me. GotMick is a kabuki fish. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 93April 6, 2021 6:47 PM

The only place Kandy is first is the unemployment line. No one is going to see her live. Her career will go nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 94April 6, 2021 7:52 PM

^ Rose (along with Denali) actually has a lot of teen girl fans who ship Rose and Denali. Believe it or not. 🤢

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 6, 2021 7:54 PM

That woman betterNOT win.

It’s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 96April 6, 2021 11:21 PM

Imagine her coronation "gown"...hot glue some blue pompoms to a pink bodysuit!

by Anonymousreply 97April 7, 2021 2:00 AM

LOLz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 7, 2021 2:29 AM

I think this is a sign I've been watching too much RPDR during the quarantine, the other day I had a dream where Michelle Visage killed herself for some reason. I think it's a metaphor that I need to kill my quarantine addiction to this show.

by Anonymousreply 99April 7, 2021 2:30 AM

Kandy looks like someone stuck an air hose up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 100April 7, 2021 2:41 AM

I'm now getting a vibe that Rose is going to win. She's a bit older (barely, but ageism is a drag in Drag,) so it would be nice to see someone who can barely order a drink a take this thing. She's well liked by most everyone and that's something. She wouldn't be controversial like a GM win would be. Kandy, well she's a dullard and not talented but she is a big girl, and the whole "we owe big girls a win" (when this is the last big girl on the planet that would deserve it) has me nervous. That said, speaking of dullards, NO one could be that fucking dumb to let Kandy win this thing. (Oh gdd, famous last words). While I'm rooting for Symone, she's getting shaky, and all of the Gigi family styling magic can only go so far if you are starting to look like a deer in the headlights. Personally, I hope Symone wins, but from what I'm hearing here and there, Rose is enjoying a last minute surge, so it wouldn't shock me if she was chosen as a "safe win". At this point JUST FUCKING END IT ALREADY.

As long as should she win, Rose spends a big chunk of her winnings on skin resurfacing.

by Anonymousreply 101April 7, 2021 3:05 AM

Ahem...Should she win I hope that Rose...blah, blah, blah.

by Anonymousreply 102April 7, 2021 3:08 AM

Gottmik WILL win, but it's still only controversial to the 26 old men posters on Datalounge. ^

How many hours of the day is YouStoleMyHouse drunk out of his mind?

by Anonymousreply 103April 7, 2021 3:10 AM

[Quote] "we owe big girls a win"

There are 4 big girls on All Stars 6 and we have season 14. There's really no reason to give it to untalented in everyway Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 104April 7, 2021 3:11 AM

r104 I agree, but we keep hearing this refrain.

I'm 53 r103 but thanks!

by Anonymousreply 105April 7, 2021 3:13 AM

YouStoleMyGoddamnHouse/r105 you have to remember r103 is a bipolar mental case who calls everyone a racist because she believes there only 5 people posting on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 106April 7, 2021 3:21 AM

Bipolar mental case / r103 calling me a racists in 3..2..1

by Anonymousreply 107April 7, 2021 3:22 AM

I’m so looking forward to International All Stars. I need to see a Jimbo win!!

by Anonymousreply 108April 7, 2021 3:26 AM

You're insane R106/R107. So obsessed with me. Can't say I blame you. But get lost.

by Anonymousreply 109April 7, 2021 3:32 AM

NO r109, I just like outing you.

by Anonymousreply 110April 7, 2021 3:40 AM

Since when does being "big" entitle anyone to winning anything?

by Anonymousreply 111April 7, 2021 3:45 AM

It's yourself you expose, not me. You don't intimidate me in any way R110. Fool.

by Anonymousreply 112April 7, 2021 3:48 AM

I would love it if Rose won, but think of the press and added Emmy love they'd get if they crowned Mik. Plus Mik has been consistent all season, so it wouldn't be totally shocking.

by Anonymousreply 113April 7, 2021 3:48 AM

Rose has been just as consistent as Mik, but not always recognized.

by Anonymousreply 114April 7, 2021 3:50 AM

Bipolar mental case / r112 don't flatter yourself, hon. YOU are the cunt cunting at everyone who crosses your path.

Are you looking for another time out?

by Anonymousreply 115April 7, 2021 3:54 AM

It’s too bad that Joy Jay was booted off so early, he could have been the show’s first gay winner.

by Anonymousreply 116April 7, 2021 4:11 AM

^ JOEY Jay. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 117April 7, 2021 4:11 AM

If that woman GottnoDik wins, will Ru then open up the competition to dogs and pigs, too?

Oh wait - Kandy and Tina have already competed, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 119April 7, 2021 12:27 PM

I am embarrassed to admit this, but I went to Joey Jay's Instagram. I usually like my men, for lack of a better word, more maculine but there is something about that Joey Jay that just gets me revved up when he's out of drag. I would say that Joey Jay is the best looking, out of drag, contestant in the herstory of Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 120April 7, 2021 12:40 PM

Have Joey Jay and Kandy Muse hooked up yet?

by Anonymousreply 121April 7, 2021 12:47 PM

R120, that honor goes to Pearl.

by Anonymousreply 122April 7, 2021 1:08 PM

Pearl has the personality of a 20mg Valium tablet. A mop sitting in a bucket is more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 123April 7, 2021 1:19 PM

Oh Honey, have you seen his Roxanne? It's hilarious:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 7, 2021 1:31 PM

Watch Roxanne. He has plenty of personality. I'd prefer his calm observantness to some of the constantly screaming queens

by Anonymousreply 125April 7, 2021 1:34 PM

The only drag race queen I find hot out of drag is Sasha Belle (remember her? the one who had "cracked the code" to winning DR and then went home second?). Lots of naked pics around... very nice cock and the scruff fits him well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 7, 2021 2:12 PM

Joey would have to have severe self-esteem issues to even think about getting naked with the repulsive Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 127April 7, 2021 2:27 PM

Hi r 118.

by Anonymousreply 128April 7, 2021 4:44 PM

Joey is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 129April 7, 2021 5:01 PM

One of the constant comments about this season is the mentions of Rose complexion and eyebrows out of drag and yet whenever he's done up, you never notice those flaws. Or am I just seeing them when he glams up?

by Anonymousreply 130April 7, 2021 8:02 PM

R130 You might not have noticed it, but when she's in drag she's... wearing makeup. That corrects her complexion/brows.

by Anonymousreply 131April 7, 2021 9:19 PM

GotMik is NOT a woman. He is man. Grow the fuck up already. It isn’t that hard.

by Anonymousreply 132April 7, 2021 11:20 PM

A man with a VAGINA.

by Anonymousreply 133April 7, 2021 11:22 PM

R43, how is Gigi everything wrong with drag race? She is not my favorite and I think she seems dumb irl but she showed versatility on the show - she did well in improv, singing, acting, etc.

by Anonymousreply 134April 7, 2021 11:28 PM

Gigi needed a bit of seasoning. I was actually rooting for her to win. The only criticism she seemed to get was she was too confident. Drag is all about confidence. In her season a number of queens who hosted or guested Pit Stop, including Trixie, kind of kept her at an arm's length. A bit of damning with faint praise from older, established queens. too. Then, when it turned out that it wasn't just her mother who was one hell of a talent in the outfit department, but Gigi turned out to be no slouch in hair and makeup (and really does have a very well developed sense of humor for her age or any age), well now she's getting the respect she deserves. She's pretty much a shoo-in for any All Stars she appears on.

Here is a link with her on Trixie and Katya's podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 7, 2021 11:57 PM

Here she is on the latest Pit Stop with Trixie. I haven't seen it yet.

These bitches need to tone down the fucking veneers though. ALL OF THEM overdo it it seems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 7, 2021 11:59 PM

Gigi is a queen who should probably be in drag most of the time. Out of drag, she was one of the show's ugliest contestants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 8, 2021 12:01 AM

Well, r137 That's why it's fucking DRAG race. Not who is the cutest boy OUT of drag race.

Actually his boy looks make me find GiGi in drag even more impressive.

by Anonymousreply 138April 8, 2021 12:04 AM

R138 I know, but his talking heads made me nauseated. I'm sure that's how most people feel about Kandy, this season!!

by Anonymousreply 139April 8, 2021 12:06 AM

Gigi and Kandy don't even belong on the same plane. Come on...

by Anonymousreply 140April 8, 2021 12:08 AM

r136's pic of Gigi reminded me of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 8, 2021 12:56 AM

I love Gigi. She has a very interesting point of view and references that are not in many drag race queens vocabulary. The only thing missing from her last season was edge. Needs a little time to roughen up the straight lines a bit and she'll win whatever AllStars season she ends up in

by Anonymousreply 142April 8, 2021 1:02 AM

Gigi was great as the Robot in Snatch Game. One of the few times that Ru advised against it the choice, but still awarded the win. She was also excellent in the Madonna challenge, even though JAN really should have won that one. Face Crack.

Gigi does look like Frankenstein out of drag and the long angular face never fully disappears in drag. That is an eating disorder face. Skeletal. The bitch MUST wear BANGS, at all times.

Gigi's perfectionism (and cheating) is what cost her the win. Jaida was the right choice. She had a two hour parade outside her house in Milwaukee. She was perfection as a performer and a runway queen. Watch the finale again.

Season 12 was the best in many years. A great cast, runway lewks and performances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 8, 2021 2:40 AM

What cheating r143?

by Anonymousreply 144April 8, 2021 3:35 AM

Gigi cheated in the finale challenge by breaking lockdown rules and filming her solo at an outside studio. This was discovered before the live finale and she was made to do it again from home. It was obviously much less impressive. That A Ha song. It's before my time. But yeah, she cheated.

by Anonymousreply 145April 8, 2021 3:39 AM

Is this from Reddit or was she really disqualified by WoW for actual "cheating"?

Whatever she ended up doing from home was very good.

That you say the video was before your time, well, many of the outfits, characters, etc. done by many, if not most of the queens would be before your time as as well.

by Anonymousreply 146April 8, 2021 3:45 AM

No fool. I said the song was before my time. I don't remember the name of it. But I remember the group was called A Ha. Because the eighties had such shitty music. No it's not from Reddit and I didn't say Gigi was disqualified. I said she cheated and was caught. It was all over media before the finale. It factored into her losing no doubt, Though Jaida clearly won the live finale fair and square anyway. And the season too. I don't think Gigi could even win an all stars. But they're running out of winners, so maybe. Gigi doesn't have a huge fanbase. Most people agreed with Jaida's win. Done.

by Anonymousreply 147April 8, 2021 4:00 AM

Her look at R136 reminds me of your fun Aunt Gina from Staten Island, circa 1963 when she was hawt.

by Anonymousreply 148April 8, 2021 4:06 AM

Back in the day I guess. Jaida posted this. The RuPaul bust out laugh is the same. Funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 8, 2021 5:27 AM

Reddit made a big deal out of Gigi for “cheating” because they already decided that Jaida HAD to win and they looked at Gigi as her biggest competition. And I was and still am team Jaida FWIW, she is the most deserving winner in years.

But I don’t think Gigi did anything wrong by shooting from a studio. She had a lot on the line, of course she would try to do things right.

And she gets a bad rep for having her mom make her outfits. Most of the Queens go to designers, why shouldn’t she use her mom?

My only issue is that Gigi is praised as a fashion queen when she isn’t. She is more costumes and camp.

by Anonymousreply 150April 8, 2021 9:42 AM

And Gottmik is a BIO WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 151April 8, 2021 12:47 PM

[quote][R120], that honor goes to Pearl.

I decided to revisit Pearl with an open mind (I Googled Pearl out of Drag) and we will have to agree to disagree. JoeyJay is much better looking to me. I can see why Kandy is so thirsty for that.

by Anonymousreply 152April 8, 2021 1:17 PM

R120 I didn’t find Pearl attractive. Looks very normal to me with a slightly stank face. I also didn’t find Milk attractive.

Best looking: Jade Sotomayor, season 1 trade.

by Anonymousreply 153April 8, 2021 5:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 8, 2021 6:01 PM

Does that make-up video really warrant a daily mail article?? lmao

by Anonymousreply 155April 8, 2021 6:17 PM

It's too bad we probably aren't getting an in person reunion with the girls. I think this season's reunion would be messy as fuck if it was filmed in person and not via Zoom.

YOU CALLIN' ME ARROGANT?!?!?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 156April 8, 2021 7:57 PM

Bring back Nicole Byer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 8, 2021 9:48 PM

They'll have to close-caption Kandy

by Anonymousreply 158April 8, 2021 10:00 PM

Kandy will be out - F3 Mik, Rose, Symonyeh - Same format as last finale - all three will lip sync at their homes.

by Anonymousreply 159April 8, 2021 10:06 PM

Lil Nas X needs to be a guest judge.

by Anonymousreply 160April 8, 2021 10:07 PM

Lil Nas X needs to sit on my face. Twerk it bad boy.

by Anonymousreply 161April 8, 2021 10:09 PM

May 1st for the Australian premiere.

PLEASE let it not suck...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 8, 2021 10:13 PM

I liked Gigi until after the season ended, and she started promoting the hell out of herself, namely doing a makeup tutorial with Jeffree Star. Dick wilter.

by Anonymousreply 163April 8, 2021 10:22 PM

I think Gigi lacks something any good drag queen should have. Intestines.

When drag queens say that a guy's face is a brick - it means masculine, angular, wide jawed, strong chin and a prominent brow bone and forehead. Therefore hard to feminize. Gigi's head as a guy looks like an ACTUAL brick. Just a solid rectangular block of cement.

by Anonymousreply 164April 8, 2021 10:29 PM

GiGi looks like a young Ernie Glam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 8, 2021 11:01 PM

I don't mind Gigi at all. More power to her for pulling off her drag with the features she has. She looked fabulous in most of her outfits. She REALLY needs to get a veneer revision though. Unless those are truly her chompers. File those fuckers down either way.

By the way, word on the street is she actually broke quarantine to do that video with JS, so if you want to find something to bitch about, have at that.

Remember, that season NONE of the broads could get work doing their thing. Hell, they still can't. So I get that a check is a check is a check. That said, doing the JS video, especially if she indeed broke quarantine to do it, was a stupid fucking move.

by Anonymousreply 166April 8, 2021 11:20 PM

I thought Gigi was damn near untouchable at the halfway point of Season 12, but she really was on autopilot for the second half and was lucky to avoid the bottom two on a couple of occasions, where she was saved by her always top-notch runways.

Despite all that, I did expect her to win, although I wasn't excited about it, and yes, I agree with R163: finding out just before the finale that she collaborated with the odious Jeffree Star (who I blissfully had never even heard of until Trixie Mattel referenced him in a 2018 Haters roast) was a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 167April 8, 2021 11:27 PM

Trixie did a video with him too. I wonder how much (if any) heat she got for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2021 12:03 AM

Trixie is amazing, I may buy her makeup line as she is so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2021 12:28 AM

True and true, R169. Trixie is often funny and very slick. But I don't like her. At all.

by Anonymousreply 170April 9, 2021 12:46 AM

r170 actually I like Trixie a lot. After the mess Katya made of their tv show, Trixie said 'I know I will be okay, I know that, but I miss my friend. I don't care about the show I care about Katya." That was a very real moment.

by Anonymousreply 171April 9, 2021 1:14 AM

Trixie pimped out Katya's drug and mental health problems in many shows and her "documentary." She's a special kind of friend.

by Anonymousreply 172April 9, 2021 1:30 AM

To me, Katya is really the glue that holds their shows together. But they really do need each other to make it "work" Either just on their own doesn't really hit the mark.

I have a special love for Katya that I don't feel for Trixie, though I do admire her hustle (and she's pretty cute out of drag). She's certainly very business driven. (Something Katya self admittedly needs in her life, so again, they are a good match). Katya is kind of my US Bimini. Though Bimini is absolutely fabulous just on her own. I miss her. She should get a YouTube channel rolling and put some content up every Thursday so I can get my fix!

by Anonymousreply 173April 9, 2021 1:42 AM

r172 Trixie gave Katya a lipstick line and all the profits - She didn't have to put she collabed with her to get her a steady business income.

by Anonymousreply 174April 9, 2021 1:50 AM

I also love Trixie but who are these people who buy her line?

by Anonymousreply 175April 9, 2021 1:56 AM

Katya blended feminism (Simone DeBeauvoir) and The Silence of the Lambs in her Ding Dong! video. I love her for that alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 9, 2021 1:57 AM

R176 Thanks for posting this!

This song/video is a fucking delightful work of Eurovision-esque camp (yes that is both redundant and a compliment.) And your summation of it is kind of Katya in a nutshell. I haven't been as crazy about the other releases, but I haven't spent as much time with them so maybe they'll grow on me, but this one really has me by my balls and my ears. I like Katya's Trish character (the pregnant one), and was happy to see her make an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 177April 9, 2021 2:34 AM

R177, you're welcome. I also like Come in Brazil featuring Alaska.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 9, 2021 2:36 AM

Rewatching s11, Kandy really isn't as annoying as Salty Nutmeg Ghastly. Yes SNG has more talent but boy is he a mean one!

by Anonymousreply 179April 9, 2021 6:21 AM

R171 I don't feel that Katya "made a mess". She relapsed, knew she was in trouble and had to get help. So she backed out of the VICE series (that was supposed to surpass the Uhhnnn (sp) series, though frankly it was a comparative snoozer) to go into rehab. But it's true that Trixie has always been very protective of Katya, and her being more concerned about her friend than what may have been a lucrative opportunity speaks volumes. (Happily, it turned out that keeping the however you spell it train was far more lucrative, and creative, and has made both of them quite comfortable)

Where it got messy was when Katya, during her relapse, said not so nice things about Trixie, though from what I understand from mutual interviews, they weren't exactly untrue, which is why it I assume it hurt Trixie even more. In meth truth I guess. Trixie did not have to put any of this in her documentary, but she did (though perhaps not to the extent) and that is admirable. These two seem well past it all now, and better friends for it. Hell, now Trixie is showing up at Katya's house when *she* has an anxiety attack. That's a bit of a script flip.

Trixie holds her shit together pretty tightly, perhaps too tightly, and has said in interviews that she keeps a lot private, and has intimated that the darkness from her childhood is darker than she would ever publicly admit. I don't think she is the therapy type, and of course I could be wrong, but the hyper driven number of business ventures she's determined to succeed in is a bit telling, at least in my own experience. At the rate she was going, pre-pandemic, it could have led to her own unwanted "break from reality". I think the pandemic forced her to slow down and that was a very good thing. She has said herself how surprised she was to enjoy so much quiet time and solitude.

Sorry for the War and Peace post, but this thread prompted me to do some some re-watching/listening to interviews with them tonight, so they've been swirling in my brain

by Anonymousreply 180April 9, 2021 6:33 AM

[quote]Katya is kind of my US Bimini.

What is she, a cruise ship?

by Anonymousreply 181April 9, 2021 8:33 AM

I love Katya because even as Katya, you see Brian there, someone who is unapologetic about his messiness. Have you seen Katya's latest 3D mediation bit? I'd love to see it as an art instillation that you walk in to:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182April 9, 2021 8:52 AM

Well put r182 Katya/Brian has so much dimensionality and intelligence that I think it's wasted or misunderstood by a lot of people. A fucking fascinating person, full stop, who gets more interesting, intriguing and self-aware as the years go on. Doesn't pander to the teens or their mothers either, which is beyond refreshing!

by Anonymousreply 183April 9, 2021 9:31 AM

Trixie and Katya laugh at their own jokes too much. They come across as very bland.

by Anonymousreply 184April 9, 2021 12:11 PM

^ This. All Of this.

by Anonymousreply 185April 9, 2021 12:30 PM

r180 i know she relapsed but she walked from the Trixie and Katya show, which Trixie supported. The people around Trixe told her she would be fine without Katya - she siad I don't care about that. I care about Katya. You see it in moving parts where Katya texts Trixe vile mean things, and it breaks Trixe for a moment. You see her break down. THey are in a much better place now and proabably much better friends.

by Anonymousreply 186April 9, 2021 12:57 PM

Wait a minute, we need to talk about Kandy Moose.....too many posts that don't mention the sow. Come of, folks, don't let us down.

Arrogant? Does she really know the meaning of the word? Did she really try to cash that check and expect to get $25,000 back?

by Anonymousreply 187April 9, 2021 3:52 PM

You know, in rewatching the Kandy/Tamisha argument (which remains the highlight of this interminable season), the biggest takeaway I got was Kandy's complete overreaction to being called arrogant. Why couldn't she just own it? A drag queen who is arrogant - big deal, she definitely isn't the first and wouldn't be the last.

It makes me suspect that R187 could be correct - she didn't really know the meaning of the word "arrogant", and thought it meant something more extreme.

by Anonymousreply 188April 9, 2021 4:11 PM

I dislike Kandy as much as anyone else, but her "$25,000" joke after winning the challenge was clearly a joke. She didn't get it the first time, but by then that was a very obvious self-deprecating joke.

by Anonymousreply 189April 9, 2021 4:19 PM

Kandy will have ten people in line to see her at DragCon while the others girls will have hundreds.

by Anonymousreply 190April 9, 2021 4:27 PM

Gigi had one wig/look that made her look just like Lisa Vanderpump.

by Anonymousreply 191April 9, 2021 5:15 PM

seque....speaking of Lisa Vanderpump AND Trixie Martell.....here y'all go. You're welcome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 9, 2021 7:28 PM

R189 Right, cause she is so humble.

by Anonymousreply 193April 9, 2021 8:09 PM

People like Trixie, but not as much as they love Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 194April 9, 2021 9:43 PM

I really enjoyed watching 'Trixie bakes with mini ovens' series; I watched several of those videos during the beginning of lockdown. Other than that I can't say I particularly care for UHH or the whole Trixie & Katya BFFs thing. No matter how much I've tried to like him I just can't stand Katya. Something about him is just off to me.

by Anonymousreply 195April 9, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote]I really enjoyed watching 'Trixie bakes with mini ovens' series; I watched several of those videos during the beginning of lockdown.

I loved the one where she tried to make Easy Bake cookies with grody 30-something-year-old cookie mix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 9, 2021 10:32 PM

plumbing new depths of boredom

must everything follow the exact same formula, every season?

by Anonymousreply 197April 10, 2021 1:22 AM

I'm reading on IG and it's not good.

by Anonymousreply 198April 10, 2021 1:35 AM

the best thing about gotmik: she gives NO tears. she withholds the emotional porn that runs this show.

by Anonymousreply 199April 10, 2021 1:38 AM

That could be because, no pun, Mik has no skin in this game - she doesn't make her livelihood as a drag queen. So whether she wins or not has no consequence to her.

by Anonymousreply 200April 10, 2021 1:41 AM

When does All Stars 6 start?

S13 is this worst ever because the producers forced us to watch an untalented evil cunt the entire season.

by Anonymousreply 201April 10, 2021 1:42 AM

So tonight we get the top four?

by Anonymousreply 202April 10, 2021 2:04 AM

r201 we get DR Down Under first.

by Anonymousreply 203April 10, 2021 2:08 AM

R202 We got top three. And for some reason, Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 204April 10, 2021 2:08 AM

^ Top two. And for some reason, Kandy and GotMick.

by Anonymousreply 205April 10, 2021 2:13 AM

When I saw Kandy prance out in that ugly dress, I was certain she would (finally) go home.

by Anonymousreply 206April 10, 2021 2:16 AM

I was hoping against hope, but I was pretty sure they were all going to the finale. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 207April 10, 2021 2:40 AM

God just crown Symone and be done with it

by Anonymousreply 208April 10, 2021 4:12 AM

Going by track record, Kandy and Symone have both been in the bottom two (Kandy three times, Symone twice) while GottMik and Rose have been safe and never had to lip sync. Win-wise, it's Kandy with one, GottMik with two and Symone and Rose with three wins each.

by Anonymousreply 209April 10, 2021 4:28 AM

GM overpraised AGAIN. From the verging on parody har-har-har interview with Ru and Michelle, to the we’ve seen it all before in her performance (but the judges apparently did not agree. She grew? What?) Ru’s fake crying was the fake cherry on a fake cake I never want to ever see again.) GM did the same thing/character nearly every time in her challenges, and while her lyp-synch wasn’t horrible, it didn't have much "there, there".

Rose of all of them probably “grew” the most. Though perhaps a little to late. That runway look wasn’t very flattering, and her lyp-synch was stiff. Certainly nothing to write home about.

I’m staying out of the Kandy discussion.

Symone just fucking glowed. Her performance was sexy and fun. Her runway look was truly gorgeous. And she put a lot of emotion into the lyp-synch. She has winner written all over her.

Whoever said there would likely be a three-way tie, I think was on the money. Now, though, I wonder if they won’t go for a four-way tie. Fuck, why stop now?

by Anonymousreply 210April 10, 2021 4:43 AM

Someone posted a funny on fb. " Kandy knows where Ru and the producers buried the bodies. " That's why she's still there.

by Anonymousreply 211April 10, 2021 5:39 AM

This one was so sweet...I liked hearing their stories. I'm getting Gottmik a bit more. Symone is great. Symone for the win! Or Gottmik.

by Anonymousreply 212April 10, 2021 5:49 AM

Does Aja and Ru have some beef going on? Does Ru really hate Aja and that's why she's letting Kandy walk through the competition?

by Anonymousreply 213April 10, 2021 5:52 AM

Whitney baby. Learned From the best. That was Symone's song. I think I am in love with Symone. Every part of him. I want to see her do that full song in that dress in person. Gorgeousness.

But anyone who thinks Gottmik didn't kill the challenge and the runway and bring the charm, is really not being objective. She was nothing much in the lip synch but she's definitely in the top 2 of the competition. Deservedly so.

Roses runway look and hair was awful and very unflattering. His challenge performance and lip sync were great however.

Kandy was funny. Very good in the L U C K Y challenge. That song and production was kinky and sexy. Those back up boys OwweeeeEEE! Symone can't dance but she sure as fuck can shine.

Thanks Jamal Sims. Gorgeous man.

I really thought they were going to send Rose home, then I saw the lip sync. Bitch is talented for a man with a cleft chin, 9 o'clock shadow and 50 yards of bulky ugly tartan.

Please let Symone win.

by Anonymousreply 214April 10, 2021 5:59 AM

R200 How is that a pun?

by Anonymousreply 215April 10, 2021 10:27 AM

I was thinking of DataLounge's complaints all season that this is the worst season ever with the worst contestants ever while I watched last night and I was confused by the mismatch of that sentiment and what I was watching.

I am really tired of the song-and-dance sequences, but setting that aside, they all performed better than usual for Drag Race last night. I liked all of them a lot during their short interviews, and I think RuPaul made the right choice in keeping all four. I think they are all very entertaining and likable in very different ways this time.

I rewatched several season four episodes this week and I thought that most of the contestants were dismal. I never really got the adoration for Sharon Needles, but most of her competitors had no charisma and have been forgotten. After watching episodes from season four, everyone last night really shined.

I think at this point the only reason anyone could not be won over by GottMik is transphobia. She really is just a full package and she does have a delightful joy of life and is fun to watch. She doesn't seem deperate not to lose, either. She just seems to be having fun. At this point, gender and sex are irrelevant because she's made the show so much fun. I don't love the name or the makeup, but I love her spirit.

Symone's crying last night--agh! I was blubbering, too. I can only imagine the fear and self-loathing he must have grown up with. I think he had an emotional exorcism last night. And to see that vulnerability come from the "fierce" one who has been so stunning to look at...! I fell in love with him a little bit.

Rosé easily could have won many other seasons. The only think he's got going against him in my opinion is that the other two have such moving personal stories and are so endearing, and the best thing they can say about Rosé is that she's 'a true professional.' That's a real compliment, but it pales compared with 'I fell in love with them.' Still, if Rosé were to win (he won't) I would be happy for him and it would be well deserved.

I like Kandy, too! I know this is not a popular sentiment, but I find Kandy to be endearing. But out of these four, I think Kandy is a clear third runner up through no fault of his own.

I like every one of these finalists a lot and I like that there are no lame feuds and there's no negative drama happening on the show this season. They seem to all support one another.

by Anonymousreply 216April 10, 2021 11:27 AM

^One other item I forgot to mention, Ru has never looked better!

by Anonymousreply 217April 10, 2021 11:38 AM

Hi R216. Thanks for wandering over from WOW.

by Anonymousreply 218April 10, 2021 1:17 PM

Jesus, how old are you, r218? Some of us watch the show because, GASP, we like it. And like the contestants in it. Don't agree with r216 about Kandy, but everything else was spot on.

by Anonymousreply 219April 10, 2021 1:40 PM

Dearie, you're the one in a swivet because someone doesn't agree with your assessment of this season being just dandy. You fell for the producer manipulation. Congrats. No one said you can't continue to enjoy this season. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 220April 10, 2021 1:47 PM

I’m another who’s come to like Kandy. I thought she did really well in that video. I expected her to be a lumbering moose, but she actually can dance and move well. I think if she dropped some weight and worked on slowing her speech a bit, she’d be a pretty good performer. I still like Rose, though. She seems more old-school drag, and has a great singing voice. Symone has great presence, but needs to work on the performance part. I think Mik is naturally talented, and DR has brought that side out more. I can see Mik being a good performer, but Mik also has good instincts for comedic acting and could easily do TV or movies.

by Anonymousreply 221April 10, 2021 1:48 PM

[quote]producer manipulation

Oh you must have wandered here from reddit screaming about producers every 5 seconds. It is a TV show. A fake "reality" competition. We know what a producer is. We know what edgic means. We know about storylines. And guess what? We still watch because it's still entertaining. It's really not that serious. Change the channel. Go for a walk. Soothe the hemorrhoids in a warm bath soak.

by Anonymousreply 222April 10, 2021 1:54 PM

R219 Yeah, it is baffling that these Drag Race threads are so busy and yet nearly everyone seems to detest every host and every contestant. It's so weird to me. Although I do still usually slog through SNL until Weekend Update every week and almost every week I moan about how unwatchable the show is, so I'll admit my hypocrisy there.

I like Drag Race although I am tired of the formula and it's becoming a chore because it is always airing. I happen to like all the top four. I wish the show would bring back some fun challenges that let us see their personalities, like when they were sent into the streets to coerce passersby to do things, or when they had to go dumpster diving for materials to make things. I like those challenges because their personalities come out, they interact with one another throughout the episode instead of writing lyrics on their own and memorizing mechanical movements, and you see the product of their creativity in the end instead of...watching them replicate mechanical movements. I don't get why the show settled on being almost totally about song and dance numbers. But that's it; my complaints are about the production, not about the creative contestants who are doing the best they can. I also may be one of the few who dislikes watching people who play games and sabotage one another and have hysterical fits. I like when they get along and we learn their life stories and they all just want to win by being the best and standing out on their merits. I hope never to see another PhiPhi.

by Anonymousreply 223April 10, 2021 1:54 PM

For me, what's been the worst about Season 13 is how the judging has become so manipulated by the producers.

Rosé should have been reamed about the unflattering silhouette of that tartan blanket she was wearing, and that nearly unstyled wig.

Kandy was wearing what appeared to be a raincoat that was not up to the standards of this point in the competition.

They've lost ALL credibility.

by Anonymousreply 224April 10, 2021 1:56 PM

Yeah, R224, as much as I love Rose, that tartan outfit made her look like a plaid door.

by Anonymousreply 225April 10, 2021 1:58 PM

Anyone who understood 2 words of Kandy's part of that song other than "bitch" should be an interpreter at the U.N.

by Anonymousreply 226April 10, 2021 2:00 PM

Wait. Kandy said bitch?? No way! How HILARIOUS and GROUNDBREAKING!!!

by Anonymousreply 227April 10, 2021 2:02 PM

I like Rose well enough, but I’ve never been impressed by her makeup, hair, or outfits. Last week’s pocket dress look was the one exception, so maybe she has potential.

I usually don’t really care who wins all that much, but this season it had better be Symone. She is a STAR.

by Anonymousreply 228April 10, 2021 2:03 PM

Yeah, I don't get the "producer manipulation" hysterics. It's a television show made for entertainment.

It used to be a campy, tongue-in-cheek television show that was 'manipulated by producers' specifically not to be taken very seriously--remember Ru saying 'And the winner is...WHO CARES?!' Taking itself seriously has created some dangerously obsessive fans.

This is not a governmental election that has been wrongfully manipulated by a political party. It's a trifle of an entertainment program. We're now two decades into reality TV series and I am struck that anyone at this point would not understand that reality TV is not reality. It's storytelling. Producers don't cast people for being ingenius talent; they cast them for being able to play compelling TV characters. (Manipulation!!) They then record thousands of hours of footage and edit the footage to tell stories. They identify certain standout characterisitics or personal stories for each interesting contestan and focus on telling those stories through creative (you'd call this manipulative) editing. (I'd call this storytelling.) The editors and producers of reality TV programs serve the same purpose as writers and directors of fictional stories. The point is to engage and hopefully emotionally move the audience. If you don't get angry at a novelisy or a screenwriter for making you feel emotional and therefore manipulating you, then you should be able to grasp the concept that reality TV does exactly the same thing with zero consequences on your life. Reality TV producers are not public officials, lawmakers, law enforcers or judges. So lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 229April 10, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote]I don't get why the show settled on being almost totally about song and dance numbers

I was thinking about this the other day and I think it's because that's how the show can market the queens. That's pretty much all they do on the live shows: dance and lipsync. Around season 6/7, the show ditched the idea that this was a show about creative people and focused on what's marketable instead. In a way it helps the queens have a career post-show, but it deprives us watchers from really getting to know the queens' talents. I still enjoy it, but don't connect with the queens (except for Symone) the way I did before season 6.

by Anonymousreply 230April 10, 2021 2:04 PM

Perhaps you should lighten up and cease lecturing people on what they should and shouldn't like, or how they should feel and think about a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 231April 10, 2021 2:06 PM

boring NEXT

by Anonymousreply 232April 10, 2021 2:06 PM

I have less of a problem with Kandy lately. Since Tina went, and the Mean girls thing seems to be over, she seems to have calmed down a bit. But the amount of time they give her in her confessionals is off the charts, and the critiques of her by the judges don't really make sense. But there is no way she is top 4 material and I will never understand how she was allowed to go this far. Just because Ru likes her? I don't buy it. Anyway, I'm also rooting for Symone, who from the very first episode has been a star.

by Anonymousreply 233April 10, 2021 2:08 PM

Symone's two teary moments last night were incredibly moving. Several contestants have broken down like that during judging (Hi, Roxxy!), but I've never felt their raw emotion so deeply before. I wanted to hug her. Then I looked her up on Instagram and saw her 'fierce' photos and was extra impressed that such a vulnerable and insecure person presents such a polished and strong image.

by Anonymousreply 234April 10, 2021 2:08 PM

Ru pretty much admitted the reason why she kept Kandy and Mik was for their backstory. That plays to good television. But neither is going to win. Rose and Symone are the serious contenders here. Anyone who’s won has been like a Rose or Symone. I give Rose the edge, though. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 235April 10, 2021 2:12 PM

if it's a true LSFYL, then it could be anyone's win. see, e.g., sasha beating shea and peppermint

by Anonymousreply 236April 10, 2021 2:15 PM

I re-watched the Lucky video - Kandy needs subtitiles. I liked Rose and Symone's raps the best. I am a bit tired of GottMik's kabuki look. I am suprised Michelle has not called it out.

by Anonymousreply 237April 10, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote] But there is no way she is top 4 material and I will never understand how she was allowed to go this far. Just because Ru likes her?

I actually had this same sentiment last night with how RuPaul was speaking to GottMik. When the person playing the role of chief judge and the one person who decides who wins $100,000, it seems like poor judgment to gush so hyperbolically on camera about one contestant before the show is over. And I say that as someone who has been consistently impressed with GottMik's performances and thinks she deserves to win.

It was striking that RuPaul showed such extreme favoritism to GottMik based on GottMik's perceived life struggles (which really have not been shown or discussed much), and then after that Symone gave those gut-wrenching speeches and I could viscerally feel the pain of her upbringing and how much shame she had internalized all her life. It really did make RuPaul's unilateral sympathy feel misdirected.

If Symone and GottMik both win, I would call it a very well-deserved tie and not because GottMik would be a token transgender winner. She is just an excellent performer with a lovable spirit, and Symone is a touching spirit who also epitomizes the notion of a 'fierce queen.' Looking back at the photos of Symone in her runway clothes really is striking. She does look like she is on a high-fashion runway modeling designer clothing.

by Anonymousreply 238April 10, 2021 2:16 PM

R237 I had a very hard time understanding Symone's words during her performance and was surprised by that. I expected her to be criticized for it since it has been a criticism of Kandy all season. Am I the only one who heard Symone mumble her way through her part of the song?

Also, thoughts on "Lucky"? It's new and so it will take time to get used to. I didn't like the sound at first but then I did appreciate how different it is to her other music as it went on. The show has been a great vehicle for making us all so familiar with RuPaul's music that it's hard not to enjoy it even though I never would listen to almost any of it otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 239April 10, 2021 2:20 PM

Symone has it. That LSFYL was all about her face and emotion- it also helps that she has Gigi's mom making her clothing- that gown was stunning.. Kandy was flailing around with that weird Judy Jetson outfit. I will admit the GottMik is good, but it so very calculated to me. Rosé desperately needs a glow up and some style editing-she reminds me of Brooke Lynn Heights, who is another ex-performer perfectionist.

by Anonymousreply 240April 10, 2021 2:21 PM

"Lucky" was stupid; RuPaul isn't even bothering to be in drag below the neck.

by Anonymousreply 241April 10, 2021 2:22 PM

I just watched it again and I seriously can understand every word from Kandy and few of Symone's. Is it just me??

I kinda like the vibe of the song on second listen, although RuPaul appears to be just sitting there waiting for it to be over. Weird way to record a music video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242April 10, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote]We know what edgic means.

I don't know what edgic means.

by Anonymousreply 243April 10, 2021 2:30 PM

Kandy Moose had a busted look and the praise for her hideous makeup was inexplicable.

There is not a sincere fiber in NotGottDik's being. Everything she says is calculated and robotic and follows the rules to the letter ("some people don't have maps")........

Symone and Rose are the only real folks on the show.....and Rose's final runway was wrong-headed in execution......

by Anonymousreply 244April 10, 2021 2:31 PM

Don't you think GottMik *has* to have an unusual, not-pretty look as a transgender man playing a woman? If he put on makeup to look pretty, then the people who are already inclined to hate him just for being there would cry foul and say he's just a pretty woman pretending to be a man and doesn't deserve to win. So he compensates with the severe mime-by-way-of-Kim-Chi makeup to transform into something else.

I never resented or disliked Mik for being trans but I was *really* thrown by the idea of why a person who hormonally and surgically altered their body because they felt they were the wrong sex would then choose to perform as the sex they went to such great extremes to get away from. Now, I've been won over and I do agree that throwing gender into the blender can be interesting. As a young person treated like shit in the 80s and 90s for being gay, all I was desperate for was for people to at least recognize me as a human being, and I hoped people could appreciate my creativity, which was part of who I am and not tied to sexuality. Seeing this young person's creativity and wit expressed all season has made me just see him as an interesting person, kind of without any gender. I'm not trying to have sex with him and so the organs are totally irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 245April 10, 2021 2:32 PM

Rosé's critiques last night were all "professional" and "showed up ready to work." Rather faint praise compared to the others. There's no way Ru's putting the crown on her unless the fan response over the next two weeks is enormous, and I don't think that's gonna happen.

If Symone doesn't win this, the show is now garbage.

by Anonymousreply 246April 10, 2021 3:14 PM

As of now, the Instagram likes for the four 'teams' are:

Symone: 122,848

Rosé: 98.190

Mik: 118,141

Kandy: 41,270

Kandy is out. Rosé is out both because of lackluster public support and also because of the crits last night. The judges basically said, "You've got talent and work ethic and you show up. Work on the charisma, uniqueness and nerve." Then Symone showed nerve.

by Anonymousreply 247April 10, 2021 3:25 PM

Rose has great training but is a little stiff. She's great and very cute but it's that Gigi Goode problem. Does everyone want to root for the girl from the nice home? Hate saying it, pretty fortunate myself!

I do like Gottmik. Ru crying with her was very touching. She still has this high concept issue. I feel like she's choosing clown makeup to adjust for what someone could notice about her form. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 248April 10, 2021 3:30 PM

I also see Symone winning because Symone is "iconic"--literally a visual embodiment of successful drag, whereas Mik and Rosé are more entertaining to watch and would be ideally suited for a do-over in an All Stars season. Mixing them in with Gigi, Heidi, Crystal, Jan, Vanjie and other standout personalities would make for a killer All Stars season if the production doesn't fuck it up with a bad concept like teams, etc.

by Anonymousreply 249April 10, 2021 3:33 PM

A female female impersonator looks most like a female, save for her Juggalo make up. Groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 250April 10, 2021 3:43 PM

Rosé is technically ace and proficient at all of the performative aspects of drag, but when it comes to actually being in drag, her looks and make-up really aren't that special. She just looks like someone in a costume and the looks themselves haven't been all that clever or innovative.

Symone's drag seems more fully realized and has a point of view and a sense of humor. She's really one of the best that's been on this show, but it feels a bit more stealth and understated when compared to a squeaky wheel like Kandy who undeservedly sucks up a lot of the oxygen. Symone for the win full stop!

GotMik is supremely talented and a solid runner-up.

by Anonymousreply 251April 10, 2021 3:52 PM

Gottmik might improve.. She's amazing with makeup but how she's employing could show there's a few kinks to work out still and room to grow.

Kandy isn't that funny. I actually liked her pocket dress but with a garment that complicated the construction has to be either perfect or not at all.

by Anonymousreply 252April 10, 2021 3:53 PM

Symone just has “it” in spades. I think she should win, but part of me feels it would be very cool to watch her go up against Gigi in all-stars. Mik has had a terrific season and she’s like “make a wish kid at Disneyland” level happy to be there - the real Miss Congeniality of the season and I’m sure WOW has plans for her be a working member of the firm after this.

by Anonymousreply 253April 10, 2021 3:57 PM

[quote] I kinda like the vibe of the song on second listen

The song wasn't bad. Haven't been watching that long.. are there more musical numbers than before?

by Anonymousreply 254April 10, 2021 4:11 PM

Yes, R254, but you need to go back a number of seasons to get to that era. From the beginning and I guess about halfway through the run, the show was different.

It used to be one hour long, eventually was extended to 90 minutes and now it's a bloated 120, counting the last half hour, which used to be a separate show.

The budget has grown and as it has grown, the show has added a lot more song-and-dance performances.

Originally, Drag Race was a parody of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway. The whole thing was really a running joke, but it was one that the contestants took seriously because most of them seemed to have been practically homeless and there was a lot of money on the line. The show really emphasized personal stories, Ru spending time with them as a cheerleader/Oprah-esque life coach, and creative challenges.

Early on, there were a couple of musical numbers per season. There were also a lot of modeling challenges and tons of improv ranging from mock talk show interviews to going out onto Hollywood Boulevard in full drag during the daytime and asking people with no context to spray whipped cream down their pants and getting points for being persuasive. So again, the point was not to consistently tick off boxes of qualifications as they do now, or to be Vegas-ready dancers and singers, but to showcase personality, creativity and to have fun.

It didn't always feel like it had a clear direction, either. The challenges were kind of haphazard and the show was messy all around, which also made it more fun to watch. Because in the end, it was just entertainment and a way to showcase how disenfranchised people can thrive on a shoestring budget and excel at being creative.

There were a lot of contestants with tragic life stories, from drug addictions and friends lost to ODs to people being rejected or even abandoned by their parents. Or, like Jinkx Monsoon and ChiChi Davenport, some just grew up destitute and were endearing. That's a big reason why a lot of people disliked Gigi: She was multitalented, but she wasn't self-invented. She had clearly studied Drag Race and engineered herself to check off all the boxes on a show that used to award people who surprised, not who melted into a premade mold.

by Anonymousreply 255April 10, 2021 4:29 PM

I really don't mean to harp. If Gottmik's outfits were more bizarre. There's lots of room for ambiguity, gender play, confusion in drag, no?

by Anonymousreply 256April 10, 2021 4:29 PM

Iz yore blood sugar low?

by Anonymousreply 257April 10, 2021 4:32 PM

May we never ever have to see that fat lisping delusional queen again

by Anonymousreply 258April 10, 2021 4:34 PM

Funny how RuPaul told Ms. Moose to not read the blogs about herself

by Anonymousreply 259April 10, 2021 4:36 PM

I'm convinced she doesn't know how to read and just have them read to her.....

by Anonymousreply 260April 10, 2021 4:39 PM

Well R259 he said that to "Ms. Moose" after she confessed all her vulnerabilities and said how insecure she is. It's not really like RuPaul said, "Hey, big girl, do yourself a favor and avoid social media" with no context.

RuPaul does that himself, if you haven't noticed. He posts but doesn't interact, and last year he suddenly deleted all his content and left social media for many months, only resuming again recently. He gets a lot of hate and he has talked a lot about his depression. I'm sure it really gets to him.

I don't understand the online culture of spreading hatred. I really don't get it. Why does a majority of people get off on making any random person feel bad about themselves? It seems like behind closed doors, most adults think like most middle school adolescents behave, just hurting to cause hurt, even when there is no possible personal gain from it.

by Anonymousreply 261April 10, 2021 4:42 PM

Ru said Kandy is a "very very special queen." WTF? She's basic and untalented. Kandy has receipts on Ru for sure.

by Anonymousreply 262April 10, 2021 4:55 PM

Kandy polling so far behind the others makes Ru look like a fool.

by Anonymousreply 263April 10, 2021 5:01 PM

“I don't understand the online culture of spreading hatred. I really don't get it.”

Behold, r261: DataLounge!

by Anonymousreply 264April 10, 2021 5:03 PM

You've been manipulated by the producers if you've come to like Kandy over this season. Congrats you fell into the trap. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 265April 10, 2021 5:03 PM

r261 = obese frau

by Anonymousreply 266April 10, 2021 5:04 PM

On IG all the Kandy fans [not many but they're loud] are screaming "stop the hate" because most are not saying "teamKandy." It's ridic!

by Anonymousreply 267April 10, 2021 5:07 PM

Rose killed every aspect in the Lucky video. She was head and shoulders above everyone. Mik and Kandy just stood there and shimmied. Big deal. Symone and Rose did all the steps beautifully.

Runway was horrible for Rose. Fug!

Kandy was her usual terrible and beyond fug!

by Anonymousreply 268April 10, 2021 5:21 PM

I think the backlash towards Kandy wouldn't be this extreme if it wasn't so obvious what Ru and the Powers That Be were doing all season. She justifiably ended up in the bottom two after the musical challenge and justifiably lost the lip sync against Symone. There was no reason for her to be saved other than the obvious fact that she was earmarked to go all the way to the end. If her placement was indicative of her actual talent, there wouldn't be a problem.

I'll probably rewatch Symone's emotional speech, but I've just become so over the contestants crying on camera that unfortunately, even when it is genuine and not a cheap ploy to show "vulnerability", I instinctively tune out. Maybe if they didn't overdo it by someone crying or breaking down every other week (or in this case, multiple times in a single show), the effects wouldn't have been so diluted. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I felt that Ru's fake waterworks when speaking to Gottmik on the runway cheapened Symone's real tears which followed only minutes later.

by Anonymousreply 269April 10, 2021 5:22 PM

Does Kandy have RuPaul’s husband locked up somewhere and will only return him if he’s in the top four? His performance in that episode was really bad even for this subpar season. I just don’t get it. It makes them all look stupid.

by Anonymousreply 270April 10, 2021 5:25 PM

The best thing about Kandy last night was her Lucky look which she had nothing to do with. The show gave her the outfit. Everything else was typically terrible Kandy. I can't think of one queen more under deserving to reach the finale. I've been watching since season 1.

by Anonymousreply 271April 10, 2021 5:37 PM

I know this won't be popular, but if you watched Kandy's interview last night without cloudy shades on, you will another reason why she's made it this far. Ru is genuinely charmed by her.

by Anonymousreply 272April 10, 2021 8:56 PM

Gigi's mother's name is Kristi. She really has done some great looks for Symone this season. She did Symone's runway look from last night, and Gigi did her hair.

Here is a very outdated webpage for Kristi that shows some of the interior design she's done, and some costume designs she's done for kids. I'll also post her Instagram, but it hasn't had much new content. Maybe she's been too busy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 10, 2021 8:56 PM

Gigi's mother (AKA Kristi) on Instagram

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 10, 2021 9:02 PM

If Kandy had started the season being nice to everyone instead of the nasty bitch she was, maybe we'd all "stop the hate" but she didn't and we won't.

by Anonymousreply 275April 10, 2021 9:11 PM

It's no mystery that Ru is charmed by Kandy. The mystery is why.

by Anonymousreply 276April 10, 2021 9:13 PM

Symone's Instagram shows off most of her looks. A fun little rabbit hole. She's truly fucking gorgeous. She works with a lot of different designers, and hair artists, but at a fast glance, it looks like GiGi does her hair the most often.

R276 It's been discussed before on other seasons that Ru gravitates to people that remind her of her in some way. Maybe at one point she was a Kandi trying to break out?

by Anonymousreply 277April 10, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote] It's no mystery that Ru is charmed by Kandy. The mystery is why.

Ru loves candy cuz Ru has a Sweet Toof!

by Anonymousreply 278April 10, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote]The mystery is why.

She's funny and she's real and she's refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 279April 10, 2021 9:17 PM

^Not remotely. Real as in real annoying. Fuck no.^

by Anonymousreply 280April 10, 2021 9:19 PM

Took a long time to get there, but we got a deserving final four. They couldn't eliminate Kandy now, not when Rose looked like THAT on the runway! Terrible.

They all looked great costumed and styled for Lucky. We got to see some padding on Mik and Symone, Rose had a neck and well proportioned body for once and Kandy looked great and moved really well. She's sassy.

by Anonymousreply 281April 10, 2021 9:19 PM

and special as in missing a few chromosomes

by Anonymousreply 282April 10, 2021 9:22 PM

Rose is a queen I just cannot warm up to. Fine, she has talent. She can sing. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo! She can sing just like the hundreds of rejects from American Idol and The Voice, etc. She has practically zero charisma, uniqueness and nerve. I'm sorry, but Stephanie's Child is a novel concept, but not... good. She doesn't have the "x factor."

I don't think the show would do another double win after how controversial it was for All Stars 4. My brain tells me Gottmik will win, but my heart/gut really wants Symone to take the crown.

Kandy's obviously 4th place and her reward will be fading into obscurity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283April 10, 2021 9:24 PM

I'm not a fan of Rose either R283. But there really hasn't been a week where she should have been eliminated. It amuses me that some people think that anyone other than Symone or Mik can or should win the crown. They are head and shoulders above all the (mostly dismal) other contestants this season. That's been obvious for literally months. I think Kandy will come in third.

Nice post, R216. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 284April 10, 2021 10:20 PM

[Quote] but if you watched Kandy's interview last night without cloudy shades on, you will another reason why she's made it this far. Ru is genuinely charmed by her.

Do you need any shades for that? I saw it and so what? What's your point? Kandy acts like an asshole. Fact! It's not editing. She's a dick to people. That's why many don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 285April 10, 2021 10:24 PM

[Quote] They couldn't eliminate Kandy now, not when Rose looked like THAT on the runway! Terrible.

Of course they could have eliminated Kandy regardless to Rose and her runway.

I agree she was terrible. Was that Tina's long wig? Really ugly.

by Anonymousreply 286April 10, 2021 10:34 PM

[Quote] It's no mystery that Ru is charmed by Kandy.

It has been said here many many many times that Ru in real life is the biggest asshole cunt on the planet. Even queens who have been on her shows absolutely agree with that statement. That is probably why Ru loves Kandy. Kandy has been nothing be an asshole on the show.

by Anonymousreply 287April 10, 2021 10:41 PM

Well, you guys continue to hate Kandy. But she made it to the end. Once the pandemic is over, she will be booked and busy like all the others. Just like Silky, Eureka and all the others you guys have all focused your irrational hate on.

by Anonymousreply 288April 10, 2021 10:58 PM

R288 I do think there's a sad and inevitable circuitry that someone like Candy develops a belligerent defense mechanism based on being bullied for being overweight, having a speech impediment, being flamboyantly gay, etc., and then, as expected, all the gay guys bully him for those things and claims they are doing it because he is belligerent. And when he softens after being more comfortable because he has grown to trust people, other people only pile on and are unforgiving. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 289April 10, 2021 11:03 PM

r288, you need to work on your control issues. Many of us will never like Kandy as you do. We are aloud that. You're her biggest fan here and that's great. Enjoy her shows.

by Anonymousreply 290April 10, 2021 11:05 PM

The reason Kandy acts the way she does is because she has be enable to be an asshole her entire life. America is filled with assholes surrounded by their enablers.

by Anonymousreply 291April 10, 2021 11:08 PM

R288 People will not pay to see Kandy, as they do not pay to see Silky.

Last night was the first episode I have watched in a month and, was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 292April 10, 2021 11:10 PM

Judging by how many votes she's pulling on Instagram, Kandy won't be all that busy. You should be able to get a good seat R288!

by Anonymousreply 293April 10, 2021 11:11 PM

r288 and r289, falling all over themselves Kandy fangurls.

by Anonymousreply 294April 10, 2021 11:11 PM

So all four go to the final? Yawn. Just give it to Gottmik and Symone since they have done the best.

That Lucky song is like a kids cereal commercial. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 295April 10, 2021 11:19 PM

None of them are a big draw right now. Pretty without talent or personality lands you nowhere. Kandy has personality & Brooklyn loves a tough girl queen. Bitch. And she knows how to lip synch and perform. We've seen it. She'll get work.

These two are "pretty." Who are they again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296April 10, 2021 11:21 PM

^ Like it is just one person, you deluded fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 297April 10, 2021 11:23 PM

r296 = Bipolar Mental Case Racist Homophobic Micro Meat.

Put her on ignore and read the bullshit!

You're welcome for your new word "Loon" I gave you. You're reading everything I write about you. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 298April 10, 2021 11:27 PM

I ain't fat. Or deluded. Or consumed with irrational hate for a complete stranger on a reality TV show, R297.

by Anonymousreply 299April 10, 2021 11:28 PM

THey have all posted and Gottmik has the most likes followed by Simone and Rose, Kandy has 1/3 of the likes.

by Anonymousreply 300April 10, 2021 11:31 PM

[Quote] I ain't fat. Or deluded. Or consumed with irrational hate for a complete stranger on a reality TV show

You're correct you're not fat but obese. You talking about irrational hate when you're the bipolar mental case calling people faggots in every RPDR thread? Now that rich, hon.

Again, put r299 on ignore and read her shit.

by Anonymousreply 301April 10, 2021 11:35 PM

[Quote] Kandy has 1/3 of the likes.

K has 620

GM has 2400

S has 1600

R has 1400

by Anonymousreply 302April 10, 2021 11:41 PM

Go ahead. Put me on ignore? My posts are insightful, creative, intelligent and thoughtful. Enjoy.

There's something seriously wrong with you, R301. Everyone here knows that by now. So stop your irrational hatred or "put me on time out" again. Please. You're a full time moron and a public menace on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 303April 10, 2021 11:46 PM

Again, r303 is not fooling anyone with her sheepish replies today. She calls people faggots in every drag race thread. Yes, put her on ignore and read. She a hypocrite [ and a hippo ] bipolar mental case. She's just pissed because I'm the only one who calls her out. She should be banned for just calling people fags.

by Anonymousreply 304April 10, 2021 11:51 PM

Oh and r303 is also the crazy bitch who screams at posters accusing them of using "multiple devices." Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 305April 10, 2021 11:56 PM

And the racist screams. At least it has stopped going on about The Vermin.

by Anonymousreply 306April 11, 2021 12:06 AM

In what world is Silky Nutcase popular? People are actually paying to see her? I would need to have proof of that....REAL proof.

by Anonymousreply 307April 11, 2021 12:08 AM

Silky can tell you herself, she posts here on Datalounge.... or at least, she used to - before it was revealed that she was partying with the himbos in Puerto Vallarta at New Year's.

by Anonymousreply 308April 11, 2021 12:14 AM

Someone is having a psychotic break, R305. That would be you. Again. YOU DO USE MULTIPLE DEVICES! You have only one sad, raging and not very intelligent voice, alas. Ranting about Kandy Muse - day and night. You're nuts. Jesus christ runs for cover when he hears you coming. Get professional help.

by Anonymousreply 309April 11, 2021 12:20 AM

r309, you're projecting, hon. As usual. You calling anyone "nuts" is laughable considering you're the one calling people racists and homophobic names. You're bitter cause I call you out, cunt! Hee!

by Anonymousreply 310April 11, 2021 12:26 AM

Could someone please post the link to Instagram where one can see this tally of likes people are referring to?

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 311April 11, 2021 12:36 AM

R311 There's no tally and there are no votes. The Drag Race account posted "Team Symone," etc. photos on Instagram and people have liked them at different amounts, and people here are interpreting the numbers of likes as some sort of authoritative account of who deserves to win. But they're not votes, officially.

by Anonymousreply 312April 11, 2021 12:41 AM

Thanks r312...I figured it was something like that.

It had that scent of figment of the imagination..

by Anonymousreply 313April 11, 2021 12:46 AM

No, but the YouTube retweets put out by Drag Race are official. Asks simply who are you rooting for. Retweet and use the hashtag across platforms. Symone has a slight lead over GottMik. #TeamSymone.

It doesn't really matter though. They have more complex & crude algorithms than Twitter and Insta. Sometimes, when it's live, Ru just decides at the last minute. Jaida pulled that win out from Gigi and Crystal Method in the finale last year. THREE lips syncs they produced themselves from home. The last one LIVE.

That bodes well for both Symone and GottMik though. Like who else it gonna be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314April 11, 2021 12:51 AM

^^^^ Racist homophobic bipolar mental case.

by Anonymousreply 315April 11, 2021 12:59 AM

You're the racist R315. Thousands of your posts here prove that. It's not a joke, just a fact. Mental case is an unkind and imprecise label - but try it on and see how it fits. Feels good, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 316April 11, 2021 1:09 AM

Symone is the only one who has "it," can grow, and is amazing in lip synchs, fashion and giving face.

Other than that, they have one community-theater-queen mediocrity, one loudmouth mess and one self-absorbed transboy who remains built like a girl, performs like a girl, wears whiteface and has wealth behind his nascent career.

by Anonymousreply 317April 11, 2021 1:10 AM

No r316 aka racist homophonic bipolar mental case YOU ARE, dear. Put r316 on ignore and read all the racist and homophobic shit. Put me on ignore and there's nothing but calling YOU out on your shit. Be pissed, hon. I will always call you out. Hee!

by Anonymousreply 318April 11, 2021 1:13 AM

Beautifully, and succinctly stated r317

by Anonymousreply 319April 11, 2021 1:15 AM

[Quote] Mental case is an unkind and imprecise label

Again, r316/bipolar mental case you're projecting. Laughable statement above coming from someone of your ilk. You schooling anyone is a joke!

by Anonymousreply 320April 11, 2021 1:16 AM

I spent most of my time rolling my eyes during this episode. From Mikk and her over exaggerated body convulsions and hysterical laughter to Kandy and her indecipherable bullshit, this was the most boring and predictable episode of the season.

Whaaa???!!! All four are going through to the finale?! Oh, my God! What an incredible shock!

I just hope Symone wins.

by Anonymousreply 321April 11, 2021 1:25 AM

GottMik wore a lot of tit and hip padding to look like a pinup Girl in the LUCKY number. I thought he looked great! And he probably hated it a bit. "She" still has pretty legs but that cinched waist and curvy hip pads and nice built in bra titties were pure Drag Queen. She's a very well known makeup artist. The "kabuki" look is not to disguise that he was born a woman. It was signature makeup when he was still a girl. I think Gottmik looks like a feminine gay boy out of drag. Nice jaw. Implants. But very well done. I didn't like the rule change and am still confused by the female to male to drag queen transformation, but she's was given no advantage. Because why? Her personality is the ADVANTAGE. The fact that she won Snatch Game and the Ball Challenge is a fact....boy is funny too. If he's imitating a gay boy drag race contestant she's doing a pretty good job!

Have a look at Jaida in Justify My Love in the Madonna challenge. That is a skinny ass straight up and down black man who looks like a hot woman in lingerie. Tiny waist, curvy hips and long sexy legs in sheer black hosiery. Not one silicone injection. Just drag artistry and illusion.

Gottmik is a right interesting contestant. And bound to be a fan favorite, based on her personality and joy and humor. And the Lewks. I don't love her makeup style, but she's not a loser like Trixie Martell. Mik is an artist. She can do anything if she wants to. He doesn't need a glow up, just the confidence to be themself. I think we'll see a lot of different things from Mik, even in the finale.

He knows he is loved now. He doesn't have to be just one thing. Or the other thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 11, 2021 1:33 AM

Jesus fucking Christ, I just rewatched the part where Ru fucking debases herself by bawling over GottMik. It's worse the second time around. It was both impossible to buy (though I could see how much of her audience might), and it was totally unfair to the other queens.

Look, Ru, you didn't want bio women on the show, and though many agreed with you, you also got a lot of heat. So you capitulated to the powers at WoW, and the trans army, in hopes of getting another Emmy that you used to swear you didn't care about. Don't think your own little disingenuous acting challenge there at the judge's table makes up for anything or rewrites your history. Remember Ru, you can do a lot of things, but acting sure isn't one of them.

Seeing that was a total embarrassment, and I felt horrible for the other queens, especially Symone.

by Anonymousreply 323April 11, 2021 1:53 AM

I agree Winston. Ru's fake crying was sickening and hypocritical and embarrassing. If people need to be told that Symone's tears were real, they're in real trouble. Most of the crying on Drag Race is fake and some others are questionable Alaska. I love Symone, he couldn't stop it. That's when it's real. His heart was on full display. It's not tragic, just real. Painful.

Ru is an ASS. We've watched him go from iconoclastic subversive counter culture GAY icon to a grovelling face pulled lying forgetful fracking award humping whore. Of course bio women were not allowed. FISH was never a nice term to real women. Notice how it's not used this season? And then there is you've got shemale for crossdressers or Tranny realness for the ladyboys on the corner. All this was instantly understood and sent up. Because it exists in life. Ok, some of the terminology is not cool in our new reality. But passable "trans" ladyboys still redirect the paid action to oral only. Some frotting.

SO, don't fucking cry about how PROUD you are RuPaul when you blocked so many male to female trans people from having their hormones or their voice, if they wanted to be on your show. So yes, Gottmik is the first. Why did it have to be a woman who cut her breasts off to pretend to be a gay man who does female illusion. Gottmik does have crushes on guys too. Licking her lips after the Pit Crew and Jamal Sims. (me too) So s/he's perhaps the first straight woman trans male gay drag queen?

And that creepy hypocrite RuPaul cries in pride? PUKE. He should not read the comments. The show is popular. He is not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 11, 2021 2:30 AM

R323, I agree girl...I get the point of it all but, it seems so disingenuous...

by Anonymousreply 325April 11, 2021 3:20 AM

r324 = BPMC racist homophobe

by Anonymousreply 326April 11, 2021 4:48 AM

I 100% think Symone should win. If she doesn't? I'll actually be pissed.

Rose is fine. A good performer.

Gottmik has totally won me over. Do I think it's weird that she's a bio woman? Yeah. But that's my issue. She seems really fun. And her looks are just fantastic. I'm now a fan.

Now that fourth finalist? I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 327April 11, 2021 9:07 AM

R201 I see what you’re saying, but to be fair, Michelle has been a judge for a while

by Anonymousreply 328April 11, 2021 12:57 PM

"Style Superstar" Carson Kressley fallimg all overRose's dress was ridiculous. There was so much fucking fabric it added abojt 20 pounds to her. Kressley's a joke.

by Anonymousreply 329April 11, 2021 1:08 PM

Kandy is a slob ... that is all

by Anonymousreply 330April 11, 2021 1:13 PM

r329 the final four they only praise them, otherwise yes, Rose should have been read for that dress and her make up and Kandy for existing. Mik for same Kabuki look and Symone for being so god damn perfect.

by Anonymousreply 331April 11, 2021 1:58 PM

Rose sealed her fate when she admitted that she's only been doing drag for a few years. Obviously, "Rose" is just a gimmick to get himself an audience for his Broadway aspirations and Ru and the producers won't go for that. They want a "real queen" who lives and breathes this stuff which is why the crown will go to Symone.

by Anonymousreply 332April 11, 2021 2:01 PM

Ru: "You've only been doing drag for 3 years. What made you decide to start?"

Rose: "Well, Ru, I realized that although I was a big star at my Texas high school, in New York City, I'm just another mildly talented fish in a big pond. So drag was the only way I could get attention and start an OnlyFans account."

by Anonymousreply 333April 11, 2021 2:05 PM

All the other queens: "I'm so thankful and humbled to have made it this far and to be among this group."

Kandy: "BITCH, hkjgioehsuuiehalkf I DESERVE to be here kduipaerhajfkhjsdfj, BITCH."

by Anonymousreply 334April 11, 2021 2:08 PM

Before this latest episode I thought Rose had a good chance of winning. I think she has the best track record in the entire competition and I don’t think she’s had any terrible moment like the other 3. But the judges clearly aren’t that enthused by her compared to Gottmik and Symone.

by Anonymousreply 335April 11, 2021 2:11 PM

R335 Rose is fine, but she doesn't really embody a drag aesthetic. It's as if drag is just a way for her to get on stage and perform. And her "comedy" is cringeworthy - just a lot of yelling and exaggerated facial expressions.

Symone embodies the essence of drag. She's beautiful in drag, she has great taste and style, and she knows how to deliver a comedic line without screaming it from the rooftops, contorting her face, or crossing her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 336April 11, 2021 2:16 PM

But Ru loves to fuck with us (Yvie) so don't count Kandy out.

by Anonymousreply 337April 11, 2021 2:21 PM

Regardless of the meme that Yvie sucks, she was by far the standout of her season. I find her fascinating to watch even if the personality (post show) leaves a lot to be desired.

And r334 you've run that joke so deep into the ground you must smell Chinese food as you're very close to popping out on the other side of the planet

by Anonymousreply 338April 11, 2021 2:43 PM

I can see Rose doing stage work. He’d be a perfect Dr. Frank-n-Furter.

by Anonymousreply 339April 11, 2021 2:51 PM

R339, or Hedwig.

by Anonymousreply 340April 11, 2021 2:52 PM

Didn't see Ru crying with Gottmik as super cynical as others but I do know this is TV. Should I have? A trans man is a good addition for a show 13 seasons in. And yes, a bulwark against accusations of trans exclusion. I wonder if they waited to find someone they could safely launch into the top 5. Gottmik going home first would have been met very badly!

by Anonymousreply 341April 11, 2021 4:20 PM

Gottmik wasn't going home first anyway.. She's good and the audience is taking to her.

The judging this isn't very negative or critical this season. Are the girls less good or is everyone buying or making better garments? They didn't test this season with the sewing machines. I remember Michelle was constantly calling out Silky on wardrobe, makeup, padding and she got 4th place. Silky I liked a bit more. I don't think she was more clever than Kandy but she had a chaotic side that kept it interesting. Kandy they just love. Girl was flailing those arms around in the final lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 342April 11, 2021 5:06 PM

Kandy's lip synching wasn't even very accurate during the last number, not to mention her flopping around onstage. She shouldn't have made it to the finale, but we all knew she would, didn't we?

by Anonymousreply 343April 11, 2021 5:57 PM

I like Gottmik and I like RuPaul and so this isn't meant to criticize either of them, just as my observation.

When RuPaul was crying, I wondered the whole time if it was genuine. And I thought that since I was wondering, I was getting vibes that it wasn't. I don't think I saw tears and his voice was trembling, but...

...then Symone cried, and Symone's breaking voice was what talking while crying *really* sounds like. Mucus runs down the back of the throat and you gag on it. It's not cute.

That didn't happen with RuPaul, and became Symone was so genuine and I felt his pain in my gut, I feel pretty sure RuPaul was performing for the camera.

That doesn't mean he was being totally disingenuous. Everything he said about Gottmik was true: Gottmik has gone through a lot, whatever you think of the decisions and identity, and Gottmik demonstrated a broad variety of talent and has a really impressive joie de vivre that seems to lift up everyone around him. So I think Ru's sentiment was honest because I saw the same thing he said he saw, but he was quite hyperbolic and probably was playing it up for the camera.

I am convinced that RuPaul really is unusually taken with this final four, although I think he has cooler feelings toward Rosé and I agree with the person above that Ru and Michelle were sussing out whether he's really committed to drag or just wants to be a professional performer. And I didn't buy his answer. There was a little delay when he said "My dream is to be on Broadway! ...as Rosé!" I felt like I could hear him think, "oh, fuck, my dream here has to be drag."

by Anonymousreply 344April 11, 2021 5:58 PM

It's interesting how different marginalized groups one-up and displace one another.

When the show was new, being a gay man was still somewhat challenging and same-sex marriage fights were still going on.

Then the show created a divide between the beauties and the "boogers," who were not as attractive and often were overweight. So then the pressure was on to crown an overweight contestant because it just never seems to happen.

I think Kandy is the overweight underdog who Ru has been trained by the show to treat in a special way, and he's felt like he had to juggle keeping a big girl in the end with keeping the trans man--but as it turns out, the trans man is one of the most talented and charismatic contestants ever, and so the trans thing seems almost incidental.

Everyone here has hated this season but I think it has been interesting, or at least has ended in an interesting way. It was a slog for many weeks, though (as many seasons have been for me).

by Anonymousreply 345April 11, 2021 6:03 PM

R344 I definitely thought Ru was faking her crying tribute to Mik. No tears, no welling up. A very actress-y performance.

Also, does anyone else think the queens get help writing their lyrics for the Ru songs they perform? I mean, I can barely envision Kandy being able to write a sentence, let alone one that rhymes.

by Anonymousreply 346April 11, 2021 6:04 PM

R346 I feel like they must have help writing their lyrics and their comedy much of the time. Think how much goes into the production of the music that we don't see, from the instrumentation to the vocals of the pre-recorded ones. (Who sings those?) Not everyone can write song lyrics, and in every performance, every contestant seems to have pretty equal-level lyrics throughout the seasons. I feel like RuPaul must have songwriters who write his songs and who consult on the show.

I don't see any of this as a problem. It's a TV show. For entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 347April 11, 2021 6:11 PM

I didn’t like Kandy and Gottmik in the lip sync. Symone and Rose slayed that.

by Anonymousreply 348April 11, 2021 6:14 PM

[Quote] but as it turns out, the trans man is one of the most talented and charismatic contestants ever,

You're the only one saying that.

by Anonymousreply 349April 11, 2021 6:27 PM

Mik makes an ugly face when she LS. She puckers her face up as if she's eating a bag of lemons in a hideous way. Hate it!

by Anonymousreply 350April 11, 2021 6:34 PM

From the start GotAMick has been doing her dumb kakubi makeup and outfits that may have suited club kids thirty years ago, but brings exactly nothing to drag.

by Anonymousreply 351April 11, 2021 6:39 PM

R350 Yes, her over the top reactions and practically doubling over every time she laughs is extremely annoying.

I also don't think she's one of the most talented contestants ever. She's good with makeup. Fuck, she's a goddamn makeup artist, so she should be. I'm sure she also has friends in the showbiz industry who help her with her costumes, so there's that.

But as a performer, she's (he's) one note - a Paris Hilton impersonator. That's about it.

by Anonymousreply 352April 11, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote]It's a TV show. For entertainment.

Pity they can no longer get that last bit right.

by Anonymousreply 353April 11, 2021 7:04 PM

R350 and R352 mentioned the things I don't like about GottMik - the always playing up with the faces, gestures and vocal fry. It's as if they're constantly putting on an act to be "cute". I believe GM is in their late 20s, possibly even approaching 30, but coming across as a prepubescent.

Also, got into a war of words on social media because I dared to post that Kandy should have gone home after the alien/beast look. Others were responding with comments like "Why you gotta hate?", "What has Kandy ever done to you personally", "No one wants your opinion", etc in addition to being called a homophobe and worse. Looking at some of the accounts, it was interesting to see an overwhelming of them were from young (presumably 20s or younger, occasional 30-something) females.

by Anonymousreply 354April 11, 2021 7:53 PM

R354 Did you by any chance refer to Kandi as a fat moose or mock her speech impediment? Some people find cruelty offensive.

by Anonymousreply 355April 11, 2021 7:56 PM

R322 reads rather like a PR job, but the points can't be faulted.

What can be faulted, however, is that GottMik lacks a persuasive, coherent persona, which is the single most important part of any winner of Drag Race since Season 3, with only perhaps Season 12 in its pandemic state lacking it, as much as I appreciate the winner. "I'm me" is a different statement than "Just like Victor/Victoria except I'm a man at heart who is partly through physical transitioning." It's all externals with this one, unfortunately; I don't need her journey as part of my entertainment. In fact, it gets in the way.

The drag of GM is most "successful" when the appearance and vibe is that of a biological woman carrying the expense of his costuming well. It's all too intellectualized to be fun for me. Faux exuberance, irritating vocal fry lacking incisiveness, wit or intelligence, a narrow performance-skills repertoire, playing "boi" exasperatingly, and a production-ass-licking manner (shared with 2 other finalists fully and partly by the fourth) turn me off. I can appreciate his "thing" but it's not anything the does anything for drag except press the "inclusion" button, which isn't enough for a win.

Looking like a biological woman as a drag artist is not a fault. At this stage of his career, GottMik just doesn't have it, and hasn't coalesced into a convincing performer. It's still playtime with himself as his audience. Shallowness is the result, no matter how much money went into the kit and how white the signature makeup is. Tropes it to death.

by Anonymousreply 356April 11, 2021 8:14 PM

[Quote] Some people find cruelty offensive.

Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 357April 11, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote] kakubi

Who's the dumb one?

by Anonymousreply 358April 11, 2021 8:22 PM

I'm hoping Symone or Rose can win this. Mik got the fake tears and laughter this week. She's looking to be the winner the producers want.

by Anonymousreply 359April 11, 2021 8:24 PM

R358 Didn't call her dumb. Called her a failure and one note.

by Anonymousreply 360April 11, 2021 8:28 PM

Does Covid have this season dialed down? It'd be funny if we've turned on death drops as cliche, but there's barely a split to be found either. Forgot the Elliott with Two Ts one in the promo! We're still low on acrobatics.

by Anonymousreply 361April 11, 2021 8:30 PM

A Redditor comments on Rosé's "weird, ejaculatory, mirthless bark of a laugh"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362April 11, 2021 8:33 PM

Priyanka shouldn't talk shit. Untalented winner of a shit show with the worst judges on the planet!

by Anonymousreply 363April 11, 2021 8:37 PM

Symone is the one Twitter and Instagram want. The Ru/Gottmik moment could have been in place of the actual crown

by Anonymousreply 364April 11, 2021 8:45 PM

R355 If she wasn't so fat she would be understandable.

by Anonymousreply 365April 11, 2021 9:06 PM

One of the weakest top 4 in the franchise's history

by Anonymousreply 366April 11, 2021 9:17 PM

Nobody would pay to see Gotmik "perform" live

by Anonymousreply 367April 11, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote]Nobody would pay to see Gotmik "perform" live

There appears to be a lot of club promoters and booking agents on DL, lately. Given all the prognosticating in these threads about who will and won't be able to get an audience post show.

by Anonymousreply 368April 11, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote]There appears to be a lot of club promoters and booking agents on DL, lately. Given all the prognosticating in these threads about who will and won't be able to get an audience post show.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this isn't an appropriate venue for catty snark on pop culture.

by Anonymousreply 369April 11, 2021 10:06 PM

[Quote] I'm sorry, I didn't realize this isn't an appropriate venue for catty snark on pop culture.

Exactly. Wait for your attempted cancelation notice by these cunts. Ridiculous!

r368 is a Kandy fancunt who gets her feelings hurt.

by Anonymousreply 370April 11, 2021 11:14 PM

I've stumbled on a Pearl video where GottMik is doing his makeup. Mik said that he got his jawline and lips injected. It's interesting that when he was female, he was a bit zaftig, but as male, hella skinny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371April 11, 2021 11:32 PM

She was a schlumpy woman. Admire the commitment to becoming a skinny guy. Maybe he just felt healthier overall after the transition.

by Anonymousreply 372April 11, 2021 11:35 PM

"Pharmacotherapy coupled with lifestyle modification provides an alternative to combating obesity with lifestyle changes alone. We propose that testosterone therapy in obese men with testosterone deficiency offers a well tolerated and effective therapy and produces sustained and significant weight loss. Testosterone therapy increases LBM, reduces fat mass and produces sustained and significant weight loss, reduction in waist circumference and BMI. We believe that testosterone therapy in obese men with testosterone deficiency is a unique and effective therapeutic approach to management of obesity."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373April 11, 2021 11:40 PM

R371 Kakubi makeup again!

by Anonymousreply 374April 11, 2021 11:41 PM

Actually 374, that is a deceptive thumbnail- they used a more current photo of Mik. In the video, she makes Willam a Smurf.

by Anonymousreply 375April 12, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote][R368] is a Kandy fancunt who gets her feelings hurt.

No. I just don't get caught up in hating these people. That's not fun for me. Especially when they're shown through the reality show lens. If I have a favorite, who I want to win, it would either be Symone or Rose. But I have no issues with Kandy and find him entertaining as well as Mik. Life is too short to get mad about about this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 376April 12, 2021 12:38 AM

r376 you must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 377April 12, 2021 12:48 AM

Datalounge: “I hate how anodyne drag race is now! I miss the early seasons where hardscrabble queens with big attitudes didn’t have ten of thousands of dollars worth of runway looks designed by other people, and they actually did shit besides group musical theatre numbers!”

Also Datalounge: “Kandy Muse is ghetto and annoying and bad at group musical theatre numbers! She needs to die in a grease fire!”

by Anonymousreply 378April 12, 2021 1:25 AM

^ R378 I don't think it's really a contradiction, in any of the earlier seasons Kandy would have been one of the first 3 or 4 kicked off the show.

by Anonymousreply 379April 12, 2021 1:39 AM

I’m not even a Kandy Muse and she would be my last choice from the final 4, but she’s exactly in the same vein as Tatiana circa season 2 and Shangela circa season 3. And to bring it back to your own season, Serena, her makeup and runway looks aren’t any worse than Jinkx’s were when she won the crown.

by Anonymousreply 380April 12, 2021 1:48 AM

But....Jinkx and Trixie think Season 13 is one of the best seasons EVER! With a fantastic cast!! Such Rupaul WOW ass kissers and shit eaters. It's gross to have to listen to the Pit Stop. Trixie is a fucking shill. At least Jinkx is known for not saying negative things about anyone. She's nice. BUT, when they get down to the runway critiques - she can't hide her dislike of Kandy and Rose's drag. Thank Christ.

Jinkx got fat a long time back but her makeup and drag looks incredible. She doesn't do any of it herself anymore. She has a full time makeup artist & custom drag. Takes away from her charm a bit. At least her makeup is beautiful. Trixie is a bitch, but funny. Sometimes. When she removes her tongue out of RuPaul's asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381April 12, 2021 1:52 AM

Serena is rumored to be coming back for AS6.

by Anonymousreply 382April 12, 2021 1:55 AM

R380 Sure, but Jinkx had charisma and talent compared to Miss Serena Cha Cha. Her outfits weren't that great, though, you're right. The runway became significantly more important after seasons 9 and 10, I think.

by Anonymousreply 383April 12, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote] Kandy would have been one of the first 3 or 4 kicked off the show.

Not true. Datalounge complained Silky hung on till 4th place. Kandy's more polished as weird as that is to say.

by Anonymousreply 384April 12, 2021 2:13 AM

I don't think anyone here hates Kandy... but she is slovenly, aggressive, not particularly talented in any domain, and wildly unattractive in and out of drag. For these reasons, she should have been eliminated, but to the contrary, RuPaul saved her from elimination at the expense of more deserving queens.

by Anonymousreply 385April 12, 2021 2:16 AM

R384 I said on EARLIER seasons, not later seasons, though!

by Anonymousreply 386April 12, 2021 2:20 AM

r382 the rumors are true - she is a bit more polished but don't count on a Rudemption - rumor has it she leaves early.

by Anonymousreply 387April 12, 2021 2:21 AM

R387 WOW needs to take a break from All Star seasons for a bit. How can they justify having Serena Cha Cha return?

by Anonymousreply 388April 12, 2021 2:31 AM

Like people expect Serena Cha Cha to make it far. I don't understand the queens who return to All Stars that know for sure they will be the first one or two to be eliminated. Ongina held out for so long and came back as a bald fat man two from column B takeout queen. He never had any talent before - other than his tiny androgynous unusual look. HE turned down All Stars a few times. Why come back when the only thing you had going for you is gone? Same with Adore. She figured it out quickly and got the fuck out of town. Smart. Or poor Farrah Moan or Coco - both of them were well remembered. But not for shining in Drag Race challenges.The All Stars seasons are a supreme exercise in masochism and fuckery. Got Trixie and Monet a crown they didn't deserve though. But at least they knew they had an array of skills and solid fanbases. I can barely remember that Shea Coulee won All Stars, either. She's talented, but it was meaningless. Give the title to the whole cast of All Stars Two. Every single one of them, not just conniving Alaska.

Who has heard a word or seen a post from Serena Cha Cha since she was terrible at everything the first time round? It's sometimes fun to see queens return. In theory I do want to see Trinity K Bonet. And then I'll be reminded just how bad he was at everything - but lip syncing for his life. Serena couldn't even do that.

by Anonymousreply 389April 12, 2021 2:35 AM

Lots of complaints about GottMik’s “Kabuki” makeup. It doesn’t read Kabuki to me. More Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, which I *love*.

by Anonymousreply 390April 12, 2021 3:37 AM

[Quote] Not true. Datalounge complained Silky hung on till 4th place. Kandy's more polished as weird as that is to say.

Absolutely true. Kandy would have been kicked off. You're just a fangurl.

by Anonymousreply 391April 12, 2021 4:00 AM

r387, don't be a cunt spoiling shit people aren't trying to get spoiled about.

by Anonymousreply 392April 12, 2021 4:26 AM

I get very annoyed with GMs valley girl voice. Every single time and her real-life personality is valley girl as well. She's as one-note as Olivia, just put together better.

by Anonymousreply 393April 12, 2021 4:33 AM

[Quote] Lots of complaints about GottMik’s “Kabuki” makeup. It doesn’t read Kabuki to me. More Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, which I *love*.

Her makeup is nothing new. She rips off Trixie a bit but she knows that.

by Anonymousreply 394April 12, 2021 4:34 AM

R394 She rips off Kim Chi more than Trixie.

by Anonymousreply 395April 12, 2021 4:43 AM

[Quote] She rips off Kim Chi more than Trixie.

Nah. Kim has far more style and artistry than Mik and Trixie. The Trixie base is there with Mik. You can clearly see it.

by Anonymousreply 396April 12, 2021 5:12 AM

Thank you Kim @ r396.

by Anonymousreply 397April 12, 2021 8:04 AM

R383 Jinkx said in last week's Pit Stop review episode that immediately before her season, she was dirt poor and worked as a janitor at a fast food franchise. And she has discussed how poor she grew up, and that her mother had the family collect trash and make things out of it. That's pure creativity, making art out of what other people throw away. She couldn't possibly have had great looks unless she was a fashion designer and she isn't; she's a performance artist.

Like Kandy, a lot of people hated Jinkx when her season aired because she was messy and unpolished and some people thought Roxxy's appearance made her a more deserving winner. RuPaul had already awarded Tyra solely for appearance and seemed to appreciate talent and spirit more during Jinkx's season. Now he seems to be invested in road shows and a Vegas show that involves queens clomping around to pre-recorded music and so I guess his production team is using Drag Race as an extended audition for what it takes to memorize dance routines and lip sync during his Vegas revue. It's not like making gowns with hot glue or doing creative makeup or other things that are entertaining on TV are needed for a live show. They just need to be able to move, 2-3-4, to the music, 2-3-4, and mouth, 2-3-4, the words.

Thinking about that, I understand a little better why people resented Gigi for having a mother who made great clothes (not her fault) and who was credited for that (the judges' faults). But Gigi also performed very well in most challenges and was great at dancing and funny much of the time, albeit not up to Jinkx's level.

I do miss that a lot about the show. It used to be about creativity and disparate individual talents more than anything and now it has been boiled down to 1) how well do you dance? 2) How good do your clothes look? 3) How well do you sing?

I just rewatched a couple of season 2 and All Stars season 2 episodes and during season 2 Tatiana clearly had cheap (and tacky-looking) outfits and was relentlessly dinged for them but her other abilities balanced them out for quite a while. I don't know that she would have that opportunity now. (Weirdly, upon reviewing now, I feel like RuPaul had s particular dislike for Tatiana stemming from when Tatiana called Tyra a bitch and RuPaul gave Tyra an undeserved win that week and from that point on was overly nice to her and overly critical of Tatiana.)

One thing I do like about the show today is that every episode doesn't end with a splits-off. That used to drive me crazy and I skipped a lot of the end lip syncs because I knew they were just going to be a series of splits and death drops with close-ups of astonished judges' faces.

by Anonymousreply 398April 12, 2021 9:13 AM

I guess the reunion is ZOOM style - there was a promo for it on LOGO yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 399April 12, 2021 2:14 PM

I’ve started fast forwarding through the episodes just to find out who goes home. Terrible season. No joy. No creativity. They scraped the bottom of the barrel for this bunch.

by Anonymousreply 400April 12, 2021 2:21 PM

r392 - the cast list and elimination order are posted all over reddit and youtube dear. RPDR is the worst kept secret in the world for that...but just to make you happy . Serena Chacha wins the whole damn thing and becomes the ambassador to uraguy!

by Anonymousreply 401April 12, 2021 2:26 PM

You have to admit, Silky does have a pretty mug, whereas all I see with Kandy is the Largest Kardashian, whom I cannot stand.

by Anonymousreply 402April 12, 2021 2:27 PM

Kandy haters, don’t underestimate the power of being the funny one. The other 3 are talented, but they ain’t ha ha funny. I don’t think Kandy will win, but she brings value.

Okay - I’ve had my say. Return to the usual snark.

by Anonymousreply 403April 12, 2021 2:32 PM

[quote]the cast list and elimination order are posted all over reddit

Yes, and if I wanted to read it I'd go looking for it, dumb shit.

by Anonymousreply 404April 12, 2021 2:33 PM

Largest? As if

by Anonymousreply 405April 12, 2021 2:33 PM

R403 Kandy is funny?

by Anonymousreply 406April 12, 2021 2:43 PM

Kandy Moose might be funny - but since I can't understand a word she says, I can't tell.

And I suppose there is something to be said for looking like The Creature From the Black Lagoon.

"Why it gotta be black?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 12, 2021 2:45 PM

R403 Kandy is about as funny as Gilbert Gottfried.

Yelling "bitch" every 5th word isn't comedy.

by Anonymousreply 408April 12, 2021 2:56 PM

R403 here. To some she's funny. I'm guessing most would say she's funnier than Rose-ay, Mik or Symone. Not necessarily my sense of humor either, but that & body diversity are why she's still around. For the producers, it's not about the individuals, it's about the mix. That's all. May the best drag queen win.

by Anonymousreply 409April 12, 2021 3:19 PM

R409 Well, that leaves out Kandy, then!

by Anonymousreply 410April 12, 2021 3:24 PM

I look at Symone and Kandy and you can just see that they've been through it and their pasts really informs who they are now. Symone became shy and an introvert. Kandy became in your face and brash. Very different responses to the same tired old bullshit that many gay kids go through.

Then you look at Rose, and you can see what happens when you have a supportive family backing you up. As for Mik, I am not going to even begin to try and understand what he must have gone through, but my guess is he's had access to certain opportunities and experiences that have helped his personality and most definitely his drag.

by Anonymousreply 411April 12, 2021 3:26 PM

Gubbah Baaabah Gubbbah flabba Bitch

by Anonymousreply 412April 12, 2021 3:38 PM

[Quote] Thank you Kim @

What a totally unique reply.

by Anonymousreply 413April 12, 2021 5:24 PM

We know, dear/403. You're such a sensitive flower.

by Anonymousreply 414April 12, 2021 5:28 PM

[Quote] Very different responses to the same tired old bullshit that many gay kids go through.

Many of us have gone through the gay bashing bullshit! We've lived it! We know! Kandy is an asshole because people let her get away with it! Yes, maybe being teased has something to do with it but not all of it. Elliot and Tamisha where the only two that didn't put up with her loud mouth bullshit and they shut her down every time.

by Anonymousreply 415April 12, 2021 5:37 PM

I've been wondering if WoW really thought people would take Kandy's side when she argued with Tamisha, especially since Kandy sent Tamisha home immediately after.

by Anonymousreply 416April 12, 2021 5:42 PM

They have done Kandy a great disservice. First, they inflated her ego into thinking she is something special when she really isn’t. Second, if they had let her go when they should have, she wouldn’t be getting all the unnecessary hate. She would have left at an appropriate time and still gotten a good career. I don’t think she will get the bookings she otherwise might have. I’m no Kandy fan, but the show looks bad for pushing her and she now thinks she’s great and top four.

by Anonymousreply 417April 12, 2021 7:59 PM

R398 You lost me at 'Like Kandy...'. Jinkx is nothing like Kandy Moose ya deluded twat.

by Anonymousreply 418April 12, 2021 8:03 PM

r417 IS THE WINNER! SPOT ON!

by Anonymousreply 419April 12, 2021 8:05 PM

Bugghadsa guoobeveva, hahheehs gofwoow bitch.

by Anonymousreply 420April 12, 2021 8:08 PM

Somebody lied to Kandy several times and told her that she was fly, hot, and sexy and beautiful, and she’s nothing like that. she’s nothing of the sort.

by Anonymousreply 421April 12, 2021 11:21 PM

Ru will give it to Symone but will bring back GM for an All-Stars win. Symone's Claire Huxtable side-eye acting is as one-note as Mik's Paris Hilton or Olivia's Anna Nicole, but her looks were good and her heart is in it. GotMik is my favorite. I couldn't believe Rose won over her and Symone for the "Henny I Shrunk" & pocket outfit challenges.

I can't hate on Kandy. She's in the top four for reasons beyond her drag, but she won me over in that first lip sync when she hit "play" on her huge boom box at the beginning of the song and "stop" after the song ended. Commitment!

by Anonymousreply 422April 13, 2021 12:47 AM

It will go to Mik because of all the shit RU has gotten about the Trans community.

by Anonymousreply 423April 13, 2021 2:31 AM

[Quote] but she won me over in that first lip sync when she hit "play" on her huge boom box at the beginning of the song and "stop" after the song ended. Commitment!

She actually lost that LS but the producers changed at Joey's expense. Kandy didn't know 1/2 of the words and had zero dance flair. Joey was the opposite of Kandy but it didn't matter. Kandy's storyline was already set in stone. Re-watch it. I guess all it takes is a cardboard craptasic box to impress a few.

by Anonymousreply 424April 13, 2021 4:18 AM

Joey Jay is one of the early outs who doesn't ever need return. Dude isn't even a drag queen. Just a KWEEN.

by Anonymousreply 425April 13, 2021 4:21 AM

Listen, saying anything negative about Joey Jay is a bridge too far.

by Anonymousreply 426April 13, 2021 4:31 AM

[Quote] Joey Jay is one of the early outs who doesn't ever need return

Agree!

But she still won that LS.

by Anonymousreply 427April 13, 2021 4:34 AM

At least Joey Jay has a tiny bit of style and talent {dance} plus he's very cute guy but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 428April 13, 2021 4:35 AM

Contract details. Actually pretty interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429April 13, 2021 10:20 PM

Blurgadowna BITCHES! Holthutzigab JOEY IS MINE, flugamabo BITCHES!

by Anonymousreply 430April 14, 2021 1:48 AM

[Quote] Blurgadowna BITCHES! Holthutzigab JOEY IS MINE, flugamabo BITCHES!

" OMG! She's saying bitches! Hilarious! The funniest thing we've ever heard! "

by Anonymousreply 431April 14, 2021 2:22 AM

[quote] Absolutely true. Kandy would have been kicked off. You're just a fangurl.

Not a Kandy fan.. but she doesn't have padding falling out all the time. Her looks might be boring and basic but she's more or less presentable.

by Anonymousreply 432April 14, 2021 2:47 AM

Kandy did great in the LUCKY video challenge. It helps when that she's costumed by someone else and they are all color blocked. SEXY. And no manorexic 45 year old Pit Crew members to bring the number down. Real dancers with legs and butts and chests and clothes coming off frame, by frame. It was good.

Kandy's performance was as good as any of the top four. And better for sure than two of them. Kandy can move and hit the beat. This final four challenge was as good, probably better than Read You, Wrote You and Kitty Girl. Great concept wonderfully executed. Almost a million views in 4 days. Kandy and Rose have a hit! Let's face it, they are the two who slayed this number and choreo. We ❤️ you Jamal Sims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433April 14, 2021 4:50 AM

*It helps WHEN she is costumed by someone else.

by Anonymousreply 434April 14, 2021 4:55 AM

R433 Fuck off you fat deluded cunt.

by Anonymousreply 435April 14, 2021 5:29 AM

I think for the finale we should play a drinking game...

- 1 shot for every time someone says “slay” - 2 shots for every time someone says “fish” or “fishy” - 3 shots for every time Kandy says “bitch”

If any of us is still alive in the morning, we can come talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 436April 14, 2021 3:22 PM

1/2 shot any time someone complains on this thread: dead before the winner is announced

by Anonymousreply 437April 14, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote]1/2 shot any time someone complains on this thread: dead before the winner is announced

I would have dead before S13 Ep2!

by Anonymousreply 438April 14, 2021 4:41 PM

Seeing Ru “cry” over her story tells me Mik will probably win. But I bet that five years from now she’ll be a blonde in the suburbs with restored tits, married to a man.

by Anonymousreply 439April 14, 2021 4:51 PM

LOL!!!! I was correct! r433 IS a bipolar mental case simply based on that post at r433!!!! Ha!

Oh and r433 is also the racist homophobe troll, the vixen troll, the multiple devices troll and Miss Warwick troll.

by Anonymousreply 440April 14, 2021 5:27 PM

r436, you forgot to add, "YAAAS Queen" and "I'm living", mostly said by Mik.

by Anonymousreply 441April 14, 2021 6:50 PM

You seem more disturbed than usual today R440. Long line at the dispensary?

by Anonymousreply 442April 14, 2021 11:09 PM

LEGENDDIVAICONWERKUYAAAASQWEEEEN.....biufusuifs buugusgs slududugud. Bitch

by Anonymousreply 443April 14, 2021 11:32 PM

[Quote] You seem more disturbed than usual today [R 440]. Long line at the dispensary?

Sure hon. At least I'm not a racists and a homophobe like YOU. And the long list of bullshit YOU bring here.

Oh and nice calm subdued replies you're giving now. I guess we'll have to wait until you explode into your "white fag" tirades, r442/cunt? Don't think I haven't noticed, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 444April 14, 2021 11:33 PM

^ Who is this ranting racist nutjob?^ Can't we get it removed please? F&F R444! It posts nothing but non stop hate on these threads, day and night. Year after year. REMOVE THE THING.

Don't project your racism, misogyny, body shaming, trans hatred AND batshit insanity onto me R444. No, old bitch. Don't do it. You have many thousands of posts on these Drag Race threads talking violent shit and hatred toward the contestants of color, the thick ones AND your other hated ethnicities. You attack other posters relentlessly. You're a vile and simple minded creature. Ancient Racist white Elder Elder Gay. Yeah - you're a very OLD fag. You're consumed with racial and misogynist hatred and vomit endless stupidity.

Soon you'll be gone. One way or another. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 445April 14, 2021 11:58 PM

R443 It was funny the first time. The last 99, not as much.

by Anonymousreply 446April 15, 2021 12:02 AM

F&F r445 the racist homophobe troll. Put this cunt on "ignore" and read the bullshit! I only go after this bitch because she's a mental case!

by Anonymousreply 447April 15, 2021 12:05 AM

He's a man who rules you r447. You go after everyone who disagrees with you and campaign harder against those who expose you. You've been exposed. You have no power here. Or anywhere, I imagine. Your gross attacks and distortions on these threads make one imagine terrible things about the way you look and smell.

Enjoy the show, but watch your fucking mouth. Or you'll be gone for a longer time.

Enjoy The View.

R445 is a MAN.

by Anonymousreply 448April 15, 2021 12:12 AM

r448 = r445. So dumb.

by Anonymousreply 449April 15, 2021 12:14 AM

c'mon you guys. enough.

by Anonymousreply 450April 15, 2021 12:17 AM

Look someone is lined out. Thanks everyone who ff r445/r448. Bye, cunt!

r450, I would love to but every fucking this season we have to put up with this cunts racists homophonic bullshit! I'm sick of it! I'll stop for now.

by Anonymousreply 451April 15, 2021 12:33 AM

I think I was the first person who the ghetto trash poster accused of posting on multiple devices all the way back in season 11. I wonder if she still think it’s me. She’s been on block since then and I’m only aware of her presence when other people fight with her.

In a way, I find it charming that she still thinks her contributions are valid. But on the other hand, she’s a trainwreck with no credibility who should take a hint.

Save that victim bullshit for Reddit. They’ll gobble it up.

by Anonymousreply 452April 15, 2021 1:34 AM

r452, I guess I'm her latest. Why does this stupid cunt think people post on multiple devices? This cunts also thinks 5 people post in the drag threads. She's a fucking moron!

by Anonymousreply 453April 15, 2021 1:40 AM

I fought with her even earlier, back in Season 10 (Vixen's season, don't forget). After that, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. However, I do bring her up from time to time in other threads when discussing DLers' unchecked homophobia.

It was particularly amusing how, last year, on the night of the All Stars Season 5 finale, instead of celebrating the victory and crowning of the Vixen's good friend Shea Coulee, she was here, typing out reply after belligerent reply. IIRC, when I first went to the thread, I couldn't even see her replies, they had already received enough F&Fs.

by Anonymousreply 454April 15, 2021 1:41 AM

You're really troubled R454. Leave that man and the rest of us alone. No one is lined out? We got eyes. You seem to be aguing with yourself. All the same language is used in post after post. It obvioulsy is from more than one device and ONE troubled mind. You type like an insane woman. Get some rest. It's just a dumb TV show. And stop being racist - we CAN see your posts too.

by Anonymousreply 455April 15, 2021 2:12 AM

r455, r445 and r448 posts are not there. The comments are gone.

by Anonymousreply 456April 15, 2021 2:25 AM

r445 = r448 = r455

by Anonymousreply 457April 15, 2021 2:25 AM

R452 sounds insane? Who calls everyone *HER* and *SHE* as a putdown but some drunk reject from a The Boys in The Band audition? Tacky fuck. That poster is very childish and mean in spirit. Is HE the only thing that posts on these threads?

The AV club has a pretty good discussion of Drag Race episodes. I recommend them over taking in this constant stupid abuse from such an ugly soul and unhinged poster who's given free reign to dominate the thread discussion and spread racial hatred here. Yes, From mulitiple devices. That's obvious. You can't block it. It poisons like tertiary syphillis. What a world is Datalounge. Get rid of these people.

by Anonymousreply 458April 15, 2021 2:28 AM

R445 = R448 = R455 = r458 = now on a different devise ironically.

by Anonymousreply 459April 15, 2021 2:32 AM

Has Ru ever addressed the fracking thing? Is that why he quit social media for so long, to dodge the issue?

by Anonymousreply 460April 15, 2021 2:34 AM

Nope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461April 15, 2021 2:40 AM

R458 makes a sad amount of sense. Why are these Drag Race threads allowed to be run over by the same insanse racist poster? Every day, season after season? Now accusing others of using multiple devices! Please get rid of it Muriel. You know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 462April 15, 2021 2:41 AM

Let it go r462 Let's all just move on and go back to the show.

by Anonymousreply 463April 15, 2021 2:43 AM

And by "show" I meant "steaming turd"

by Anonymousreply 464April 15, 2021 2:44 AM

r462 / MartaLira YOU ARE R458! Who are you trying to fool??? Fool!

by Anonymousreply 465April 15, 2021 2:44 AM

r458 = R462 / MartaLira, LOL! you're talking to yourself!

by Anonymousreply 466April 15, 2021 2:46 AM

MartaLira / r462 is literally typing while looking into a mirror. The projecting is strong in her post at r462. ROTFLMAO!

by Anonymousreply 467April 15, 2021 2:52 AM

R461 Oh god, you've just triggered the Bob the Drag queen troll. Expect to see 15 unhinged rants now.

by Anonymousreply 468April 15, 2021 2:57 AM

LOL r468!

Bob the drag queen troll is ALSO MartaLira/r462/the racist homophobe troll/multiple devices troll & the vixen troll. Just wait. Her head will explode.

by Anonymousreply 469April 15, 2021 3:01 AM

Huh? I'm not talking to myself. That's your gig R466. You used to do this on The View threads too. You posted 90 percent of the posts from a few devices. All of with one insane level of hate toward Meghan McCain. But you pretended it was a discussion. Datalounge had to make those threads private, because they can't get rid of you? I don't know why. Some us have a life.

I made two separate posts, addressing two separate issues. I don't always sign my posts. I do look good in the mirror though. But we all know that 80 percent of the posts on this thread are from you, R466/R467.

This would be sad if you weren't so mean hearted and racist. So fucking unlikeable. I don't have much time for Drag Race threads, but you make the ones on Datalounge unbearable. So childish and repetitive. Why do they allow it?

Lets' all write an email to ask why this poster is allowed to continue posting non stop hate and making this a miserable site to visit.

by Anonymousreply 470April 15, 2021 3:02 AM

MartaLira/R462 = r470. Hon, put yourself on "ignore" dear. We can see what you are writing. And you ARE talking to yourself, troll!

by Anonymousreply 471April 15, 2021 3:08 AM

I agree with R470. Time for this shit to end. It's impossible to block the offending poster. He has access toe too many devices.

But we can stop IT in other ways. Me and my brothers have done it before. BAN RACIST HATE SPEECH. BAN POSTERS WHO POST HATE TOWARD WOMEN. BAN ONLINE HARRASSEMENT.

Get rid of R471, once and for all. It can be done. Datalounge will only do it if appropriate action is taken. Contact me to find out how.

by Anonymousreply 472April 15, 2021 3:16 AM

r472 YOU ARE R470. LOL! YOU CRAZY CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 473April 15, 2021 3:19 AM

Oh my god, why can't we just discuss the show?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474April 15, 2021 3:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475April 15, 2021 3:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476April 15, 2021 3:23 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477April 15, 2021 3:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478April 15, 2021 3:27 AM

Jesus, the drama in here is even more childish than Kandy's vocabulary. Go suck each other off in the alley.

by Anonymousreply 479April 15, 2021 1:27 PM

[quote]Go suck each other off in the alley.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 480April 15, 2021 1:42 PM

I just blocked the two drama queens and about a third of the thread disappeared. They’re only flinging shit at each other, so it’s not a big loss. One’s been odious to people on other threads, too, so I think he just lives to stir up shit. Kind of a shame it’s all he’s got going.

by Anonymousreply 481April 15, 2021 2:16 PM

I was looking at Oz's, "Meet the Contestants" promos and it seems `that they have half the amount of contestants than all the other shows Must be a short season. Or they're going to bring a lot of eliminated contestants back, with double saves.

by Anonymousreply 482April 15, 2021 3:09 PM

Kandy Muse grew up MORMON? What?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483April 16, 2021 3:40 AM

Visage has the greatest glow up of any person on the TeeVee. Year after year, she looks older but more beautiful. Like a fucking painting. That's not a season one filter and not anything that benefits Ru. So she must look pretty good for in real life. She's a short thick Jersey Girl with a beautiful face and great sense of style. Some small changes. Very well done. Visage is obnoxiously clean living, no meat, dairy or alcohol. But she takes all the meth heads, alkies, psychotic breaks and anorexics under her wing on the road. And stays in touch everyday on her phone. I don't like her sucking corporate dick, but otherwise she's a very cool bitch. Michelle is the only one on that show that actually gets to know the contestants. Carson's *dancing* in his chair makes me vomit. He's not even a style master of wearing a jacket. Ross seems nice, in a creepy way. His disagreements with Michelle are sometimes funny. Ru is addled and Evil.

Go on Michelle. Kandy Muse is packed, but she's not leaving. She's about to be crowned the season 13 winner is my bet!! Come strong, Kandy Muse.

by Anonymousreply 484April 16, 2021 4:03 AM

^^^^ Yes, it's IT.

by Anonymousreply 485April 16, 2021 4:12 AM

Rose's brother is cute in the preview.

by Anonymousreply 486April 16, 2021 4:14 AM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487April 16, 2021 4:16 AM

That is true R484. As fake as the show is, every past queen knows Michelle. Unless they didn't want to. She is the real mother of them all, on the road and in life. A bit of a sickness on her part maybe. But she's saved a few lives along the way. If she's not worth 20 million dollars by now, she should be. Know what you're worth Michelle! Rupual is just some old man in a wig and a earpiece without you.

by Anonymousreply 488April 16, 2021 4:36 AM

[Quote] That is true R484. As fake as the show is,

As fake as MartaLira.

by Anonymousreply 489April 16, 2021 4:48 AM

Mik is winning this. Social media is really pushing for it.

by Anonymousreply 490April 16, 2021 4:50 AM

Is this weeks episode a throwaway? When is the finale?

by Anonymousreply 491April 16, 2021 4:56 AM

^ it’s the reunion, this week.

by Anonymousreply 492April 16, 2021 4:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493April 16, 2021 4:58 AM

Funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494April 16, 2021 5:04 AM

Vice delves into how fucking expensive Drag Race has become for the contestants. A good companion piece to the video posted by r429

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495April 16, 2021 5:19 AM

I think eveyone knows that Mik will win this season. Symone deserves it more, but only slightly. It's not the worst outcome. The show is always rigged and RuPaul doesn't even remember the winners names! He just changes locations.

by Anonymousreply 496April 16, 2021 5:21 AM

Lol, True R496.

Next up, Drag Race, Nigeria!

by Anonymousreply 497April 16, 2021 5:28 AM

R496 If GotAMick wins, the show is over.

by Anonymousreply 498April 16, 2021 6:42 AM

I'm thinking Symone will win. Someone above suggested RuPaul's crying performance may have been Mik's starring moment and consolation prize, which makes sense.

Symone then proved Symone is the star by stealing the spotlight from RuPaul with his own tears.

The Drag Race account's posts show slightly more 'likes' for Mik than for Symone, and so maybe they will factor that in. But they have posted Michelle's interviews with everyone but Symone on YouTube and it seems like holding Symone until last probably is not accidental.

I think it's a toss up. I think a tie would actually make sense this time in all senses, since they both actually demonstrated they deserve it and both are seen by polarized viewers and social justice social media police as representing different marginalized groups. But if a choice has to be made, then my gut tells me Symone is a winner, baby, Mik is the obvious congeniality winner, and Mik will go on to be featured by WOW and will be made a centerpiece of All Stars 4 (which could be tight competition considering the caliber of recent other non-winners).

Meanwhile, I imagine Symone will be photographed for actual fashion magazines, which goes a long way in further mainstreaming the Drag Race empire. Symone is an amplification of the franchise's mainstream appeal and Mik is useful to appeal to the most currently marginalized and galvanized part of the LGBT population, so there's a whole inner-community appeal with her at HRC galas, etc.

by Anonymousreply 499April 16, 2021 10:38 AM

If a woman dressed as a woman wins - it will be indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 500April 16, 2021 2:41 PM

[quote]All Stars 4

I think you meant 7.

by Anonymousreply 501April 16, 2021 3:25 PM

The moose is loose...it’s #kandykrushtime

by Anonymousreply 502April 16, 2021 10:15 PM

Do we believe in reincarnation, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503April 16, 2021 10:20 PM

That’s Kandy’s best runway of the season!

by Anonymousreply 504April 16, 2021 10:28 PM

I believe in Crystal Light, 'cause I believe in me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505April 16, 2021 10:29 PM

America enables the dumb, entitled, spoiled, douchey and untalented.

It has reach drag race.

That's now the problem with this show moving forward.

by Anonymousreply 506April 16, 2021 10:34 PM

Ru is often at odds with the producers. When it came down to Monet and Trinity on All stars - Ru wanted Trinity as the winner, the producers wanted Monet due to the all stars so white stigma. So they gave them both 100K. Everyone knew Trinity won that season.

by Anonymousreply 507April 16, 2021 11:46 PM

That's true R507. And the awkward edit of the All Stars finale told us that there was originally only ONE winner. And it was Trinity. Doesn't matter that they film them both being crowned. They only announced a single winner and NEVER filmed a double win. Then tried to cover it it up with a terrible voice over and really amateurish edit. Trinity deserved that crown to herself. She brushed it off because they both won the full amount of money and Trinity is a practical bitch with expensive DRAG. Monet does grow on you with repeat watchings, but she's a messy queen and a bit on an asshole. Like BoB.

It's also true that Ru wants Gottmik to win season 13. So, we'll see. Symone is the REAL winner, most of us can agree. But there is lots to recommend Gottmik and the fanbase loves them both.

A surprising number of my friends are sure that Rose is going to win???

by Anonymousreply 508April 17, 2021 12:08 AM

The reunion is unwatchable. Kahmora was robbed and we were so cheated of seeing more of her. Ever notice how many Asian queens are the first or second eliminated? Last in line in gay life and on Drag Race. Racist POS shiit show.

Don't Gia Gunn me either. That bitch was kept around longer because of how MEAN she is. On or off the mones.

Joey Jay is a pathetic drag queen. Dude has terrible makeup that makes him look so OLD and much worse than he could. Contour, highlight, less eighties tranny porn star please. Why does your *female* face lack structure and dimension when you have cheekbones and good skin and lips? Oh yeah, wear your own spray painted hair and weird padding makes it better. Just do porn and leave people alone Joey J. You're not misunderstood - just really bad at what you do.

Ru's upper face and brow lift turned out really well. The scar is on TOP of his head. We can already see the ones around his ears for years now. Nice suit. Jacket ONLY. But he looked so stupid in the broach and with the over excited intros of such mediocre performers.

GottMik was still cute in her gorge 69 questions. Symone really wants to win and tries so hard. Such a beautiful man and drag queen. Olivia is so fucking fake, BUT very pretty. Kandy is a STAR***.

Season 12 is available to watch. They did a great zoom style reunion and a fantastic final episode. Don't criticize it if you haven't watched it. We got to see the queens truly interact and look good from HOME, live. And the finale was actually a better contest than the heavily edited "LIVE" ones. Season 12 is one for the books and no matter who wins this year, Jaida Essence Hall will still be more popular. Spectacular in every way. And she's kept her presence UP. Bitch got NOTHING in her COVID rain.

This reunion, like the rest of Season 13 was total SHIT. What does RuPaul think he's selling at this point? Because it was embarrassingly excited and fake and freakishly bad entertainment. It's like they all caught the same virus....

Come through Symone.

by Anonymousreply 509April 17, 2021 2:19 AM

Tamisha said on the reunion that if the cameras hadn't been on during [italic]Untucked[/italic] that she would have beaten Kandy's ass. Kandy replied on Twitter, "She just needed a storyline." Then she proceeded to get dragged and deleted the tweet.

by Anonymousreply 510April 17, 2021 2:28 AM

Tamisha is very cool. I don't like the breast plate but he's a talented and polished queen. Cute man too.

Rose also came off very well in this reunion. With real time charm, wit and sex appeal. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 511April 17, 2021 2:36 AM

The reunion only solidified my love for Miss Tamisha Iman. Of course she was the one who got to 'review' Kandy's Beast outfit: "Ummm.... LOOK OVER THERE!" Can't wait until her NDA expires so she can spill the tea on the season, although that would probably kill any chances of her returning for All Stars. But I've pretty much checked out of the US All Stars part of the franchise as it is.

[quote] When it came down to Monet and Trinity on All stars - Ru wanted Trinity as the winner, the producers wanted Monet due to the all stars so white stigma.

Christ. Of *course* it was the producers who bowed down to the Twitterati. What a shock.

Still going to stick with my original pick of Gottmik as the winner, even though Symone is leagues above the rest. They didn't make the statement in finally casting her, on her fourth attempt, just to have her lose at the end. It was stated above, at R216, that to not be won over by GM at this point is transphobia. This is where we are.

The viewers' choice poll for the winner showed up on my YouTube feed earlier today, and Rosé is still in the lead.

by Anonymousreply 512April 17, 2021 4:29 AM

I suspect Ru might want to take a break from the US Drag Race after this terrible season. Concentrating on the international RPDR might be the ticket for awhile. Plus, there's a ton of queens for All stars 7, 8, 9 and 10. Ru wants to be behind the scene just making money.

by Anonymousreply 513April 17, 2021 5:38 AM

Love Tamisha's reunion video. (FYI, DJ Mitch Ferrino mixed a version of the song for Kandy too.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514April 17, 2021 6:52 AM

Kitty Symone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515April 17, 2021 6:55 AM

Tina Burner’s music video was such an embarrassment. She’s not grieve, just sad.

by Anonymousreply 516April 17, 2021 10:02 AM

I forgot there was a reunion and was expecting the finale. I didn't enjoy the format at all but it was nice to see the other queens again, particularly LaLa Ri and Tamisha.

I think Rosé could probably be a winner in another season but not this time. I really do like him, though and he's very witty. Mik has done a good job but it's Symone for me, she's got that special star quality. I noticed Symone is leading on Twitter however I'm not sure that matters, especially when Bimini was leading against Lawrence and she lost.

by Anonymousreply 517April 17, 2021 12:01 PM

Someone needed to tell Lala Ri that using a tin can on a string for sound when recording is a stupid idea. Was she videoing herself in a concrete bunker because the sound quality was horrific. It also doesn’t help that she speaks too fast, doesn’t enunciate, and talks in some sort of linguistic patois that is indecipherable.

Elliott’s number was shocking. For someone who prides herself as a dancer, those moves were slack and lazy.

Tamisha pretty much said this was her swan song and that’s why she kept up her hate of Kandy. No need to play nice for a gig on All Stars for that one. Loved it!

by Anonymousreply 518April 17, 2021 12:18 PM

There's no way in hell the winner won't be Mik. Given all of the discussion around "should trans people be allowed to do drag?", Ru giving Mik the win will definitely put that question to bed and make a statement. And deservedly so. Mik's drag is pretty brilliant and inventive. Symone and Rose are both amazing talents as well, but I think Mik is it. Kandy is being kept til the end expressly so she can be shuffled on to the next all stars season.

by Anonymousreply 519April 17, 2021 12:22 PM

Shuffled? I think you mean waddled...

by Anonymousreply 520April 17, 2021 12:29 PM

Is this thread so slow and jerky because of a lot of posts or the annoying pop-up video spam ad? I can't tell.

by Anonymousreply 521April 17, 2021 12:33 PM

Did Tina actually call herself a "legend" In her awful video?

Bahahahahhahahaaaa

by Anonymousreply 522April 17, 2021 12:34 PM

Are we really supposed to believe that the videos the contestants "produced themselves" were self-produced? From the shirtless professional dancers to the choreography, lighting, sound quality, lyrics and instrumentation to be consistently polished—as if!

That video overview of their contracts was enlightening. They are owned by WOW, and WOW is obviously invested in producing as many generic drag songs as possible to sell to silly fans through iTunes.

But there is zero chance that the queens self-produced their videos. All you have to do is compared to the janky homemade videos from last year's finale to see that last night's were done by pros.

by Anonymousreply 523April 17, 2021 12:42 PM

R523 Yeah, no way in hell those are self-produced videos. Those are 100% professionally made.

Maybe Ru thinks of "produced by themselves" as having the idea, then turning it over to Ru's crew to actually make the damn video.

by Anonymousreply 524April 17, 2021 12:49 PM

[quote] Ever notice how many Asian queens are the first or second eliminated? Last in line in gay life and on Drag Race. Racist POS shiit show

A lot. But then there’s Jujubee and Manila Luzon (who, if rumors about International All Stars are true is about to be on her 4th season! I feel like Rupaul is just creating shows until Manila finally wins something!)

by Anonymousreply 525April 17, 2021 12:57 PM

Elliott with two "Ts" always looks dead in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 526April 17, 2021 1:14 PM

Last night's episode completely cemented my dislike for Kandy and love for Symoné, Mik is....Mik. Even if Ru helped with the self-self produced videos, they still don't hold a candle to the self-produced videos of the Dragula: Resurrection queens.

Isn't Raja Asian? Also Kim Chi was in final 3. I'm hoping Pangina Heals stomps all over everyone in RPDR: International.

by Anonymousreply 527April 17, 2021 1:16 PM

R525 I think Manila’s appearance on International All Stars has been debunked, unfortunately or fortunately (depending how you look at it). She was pout and about when IAS was supposedly being filmed.

by Anonymousreply 528April 17, 2021 1:41 PM

R509 I was with you until you said Kandy is a star.

More like an imploding black hole.

by Anonymousreply 529April 17, 2021 1:47 PM

I'm not particularly a Kandy fan, but the endless Kandy hating here is really over the top and boring at this point. We all get that most people don't like her. I don't understand why people keep coming back to call her a fat moose and posting gibberish. Everyone assumes DL members are old men, but I really wonder sometimes how many may be adolescent boys because, good God, the incessant meanness is tiring yet the people who write it seem so satisfied with themselves like 12 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 530April 17, 2021 1:51 PM

R530 Maybe there's endless Kandy hate because Kandy herself embodies endless hate. Aside from the fact that she's a mediocre drag queen at best, she's nasty, she's a bully, she's insulting, and above all, not too bright. She brings nothing to the table except a fork and a knife.

by Anonymousreply 531April 17, 2021 1:56 PM

R531 Even if that were true...does that really merit being so obsessed with her to warrant post after post after post saying the same exact things? Does it never get old for you?

by Anonymousreply 532April 17, 2021 1:58 PM

R532 You new here?

by Anonymousreply 533April 17, 2021 1:59 PM

This has been the most over-produced and BORING season ever. That Vanity Fair 69 questions bit is so tired, and only Symone came off well in it. GottMik has one reaction to everything and it's annoying. That unseen footage from the last critique when each queen makes their case: Rosé's segment was like a record skip. Her argument was as tepid as the judge's assessment. No way she's winning this year.

by Anonymousreply 534April 17, 2021 2:34 PM

Even as a filler episode, the reunion was one big "meh". The four finalists' arrivals were so anti-climatic. Who was that doing the voice-overs anyway, trying to sound so theatrical. "Oooh, who could this be? Why it's so-and-so! Mind if we ask you a few questions?" I know mocking Kandy's speech patterns is a thing on DL but I could barely understand over other word (didn't help that she, like the other queens, were talking as they were walking and had their backs to the camera much of the time). Also grew very tired of GottMik's pre-teen pseudo-Valley Girl vocal fry throughout the entire damn thing, "Gorge! Gorge! GORGE!!" - seems like GM is always trying to make *something* happen, making it viral or a catchphrase. Could have actually done without seeing most of the eliminated queens but as other have said, loved Tamisha!

by Anonymousreply 535April 17, 2021 2:36 PM

I've been back and forth on Mik all season. Hearing him with his nasal vocal fry and "gorge, gorge, gorge!" shit on the reunion show completely turned me off on him for good. So fucking annoying.

Symone for the win!

by Anonymousreply 536April 17, 2021 3:36 PM

Mik speaks like his teen girl fan base, hence his popularity.

by Anonymousreply 537April 17, 2021 5:54 PM

I ended up watching about ten minutes of the eighty (!!) minute reunion episode. I’ve watched every episode of every season including international versions so I have a high tolerance but I just couldn’t get through it. I’m sure it’s difficult to piece together an interesting reunion episode this year, but they managed last year. The problem is the overall cast including Executive Producer Kandy Muse.

by Anonymousreply 538April 17, 2021 6:47 PM

Drama queen at r530. You are being just as dramatic as the people you're bitching and moaning about. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 539April 17, 2021 6:49 PM

I'm reading the spoilers and it's annoying!

by Anonymousreply 540April 17, 2021 6:50 PM

I don't hate Kandy, though I hate having her forced on me. I do hate the producers for being so tone deaf, that they went out of their way to keep her even though she has to be one of the least popular drag queens ever. It would have been so great and so wildly popular if Tamisha had won that lipsync and sent Kandy home.

by Anonymousreply 541April 17, 2021 6:52 PM

[Quote] Is this thread so slow and jerky because of a lot of posts or the annoying pop-up video spam ad? I can't tell.

[Bold] AGREE!!!! It's fucking exhausting !!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 542April 17, 2021 6:53 PM

The problem is some of you hoes refuse to admit you’ve aged out of this show.

I have. I’m 36 and don’t care for any of the contestants really since I find their problems to be stupid and most of them be spoiled. I haven’t watched this season since Tamisha left. Every other contestant seemed to be under 24. I don’t relate to that age group anymore.

I’ll still watch certain videos like lipsyncs on YouTube, but I’ll be done with this show soon enough at the rate it’s going.

Drag Race started this process back in season 7. Beat not to take this show seriously. Arguing about which drag queen deserves to win? Grow up! Some of you are 50 watching a show and having petty fights over drag queens?

by Anonymousreply 543April 17, 2021 6:54 PM

[Quote] I do hate the producers for being so tone deaf, that they went out of their way to keep her even though she has to be one of the least popular drag queens ever.

You forgot TALENT. Kandy would be fine if she had actual talent. She's talent free in every aspect of drag. That's why isn't infuriating she's gone as far has she has.

by Anonymousreply 544April 17, 2021 6:58 PM

That goes without say, r544.

by Anonymousreply 545April 17, 2021 7:04 PM

R524 That's exactly what I think Ru meant by the videos being "self-produced." I'm sure they just asked the girls to think of an idea for a music video and went with it. I don't think it's that deep of an issue.

Production must hate Tina Burner, judging by her music video. It was just awful. What a nightmare. She's seriously a legend? Yikes!

R534 Yes, that's what I'm starting to think about RPDR. I think I'm definitely aging out of it and I just don't want to watch a bunch of moronic 24-year-olds fighting all the time, NOR do I want to watch "older" queens who aren't great (i.e. Tina Burner). There's a reason why actual established queens would NEVER go on RPDR. Why would someone who's generally successful on their own want to share their earnings with WOW? I wouldn't, if I were one. It makes total sense.

by Anonymousreply 546April 17, 2021 7:22 PM

[quote]I don't hate Kandy, though I hate having her forced on me.

Are the producers coming to your house and tying you down on your couch and forcing you to watch each episode? Are you watching on some device that does not allow fast-forward? I just don't understand the idea of something being forced on you. Is this one of those literal violence, everything is an assault things?

by Anonymousreply 547April 17, 2021 8:10 PM

Dear Kandy at r547. You're ugly, loud and untalented. Go away!

by Anonymousreply 548April 17, 2021 8:15 PM

You can't fast forward through scenes with Kandy because they have practically made her the damn show.

by Anonymousreply 549April 17, 2021 8:16 PM

I would love to see this season re-edited with Kandy taken out ala Cherry Pie just to see if it would be enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 550April 17, 2021 8:22 PM

If you re-watch or look closely at this season the producers and Ru have Kandy in almost all key shots of the show. Kandy walking in the workroom first, confessional first, commenting almost first with the safe queens and the not so safe ones back stage and most of the previews on social media. [Bold] It is all done on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 551April 17, 2021 8:36 PM

R551 It's obvious they were banking on Kandy being a fan favorite.

by Anonymousreply 552April 17, 2021 8:37 PM

She is a fan favorite, look at how much you bitches talk about her. You can't stop talking about her. If I were producing a reality show, I would see that as a success.

by Anonymousreply 553April 17, 2021 9:04 PM

Almost all the talk is negative. You have an odd view of success.

by Anonymousreply 554April 17, 2021 9:07 PM

r553, you're the DL Kandy fangurlcunt. I expect nothing less from you. You keep denying it but by the way you write your delicate flower posts you are, hon. The majority here don't agree with you. Get over yourself, dear.

by Anonymousreply 555April 17, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote]Almost all the talk is negative. You have an odd view of success.

The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference.

[quote] you're the DL Kandy fangurlcunt.

Once again, wrong. I am just amused at how you can't seem to understand that because she gets a reaction from you, she wins. If Kandy were the nothing that you say she is, you wouldn't care enough to endlessly post about her.

by Anonymousreply 556April 17, 2021 9:22 PM

It is hardly just one person posting fuckwit. Kandy Moose is a disaster zone. The producers bet on it and were very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 557April 17, 2021 9:27 PM

[Quote] Once again, wrong. I am just amused at how you can't seem to understand that because she gets a reaction from you, she wins.

Sure.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558April 17, 2021 9:31 PM

Wonder if GotMik throws the Gorge and the vocal fry as an homage to Paris Hilton. They run together, Mik does Paris' make up and I would imagine Paris has her fan base behind supporting Mik for the win.

I hate how Mik talks but every time I hear him I think of Paris and if others do too then he is throwing her some support as well.

by Anonymousreply 559April 17, 2021 10:03 PM

Racist, homophobic Trump supporting Paris Hilton seems like an odd choice as an ally. Then again, GM isn't really gay.

by Anonymousreply 560April 17, 2021 10:12 PM

Or Mik doesn't choose his clients based on their political affiliation.

by Anonymousreply 561April 17, 2021 10:23 PM

I'm sure Mik could get other clients that aren't as vile as Hilton

by Anonymousreply 562April 17, 2021 10:55 PM

GotAMick apologists can just fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 563April 17, 2021 11:22 PM

R554, the Kardashians became filthy rich off negative attention. Most reality stars are like this to.

People damn forget this is a reality show that was making fun of America’s Next Top Model. Now you have old men crying because Kandy made top 4. And you know these fools are gonna be watching every second of her when she gets cast on All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 564April 17, 2021 11:22 PM

Jared (Jaida) is glowing up. This bitch has kept her name and face and drag alive for a whole year, with next to no gigs. He's a cute guy but her pageant instincts are alive. Jaida Essence Hall is not about to disappear when they crown Gottmik the winner of unlucky Season 13.

He's a real throwback. Staying healthy and pretty and ready to perform. Invest in your drag. Keep your name alive.❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565April 18, 2021 2:08 AM

Jujubee loves the Feh-Treh girl herself, Symone. Who doesn't? We LOVE you Symone. I like the FAACTree pronunciation myself. Who is good with phonetics here? How does Symone say it - because it's golden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566April 18, 2021 3:28 AM

I miss when the show, and talking about the show on DL was fun.

by Anonymousreply 567April 18, 2021 3:57 AM

Reunion was boring and lame. I'm hoping they all get together at the finale so queens can blast each other. That's what's fun about the reunion shows.

by Anonymousreply 568April 18, 2021 4:39 AM

r565 Jaida looks great as a man, and absolutely terrifying in drag.

by Anonymousreply 569April 18, 2021 4:44 AM

Jaida, along with Tyra, Mariah and Manilla are arguably the most beautiful queens EVER in Drag on Drag Race. Jaida just happens to be a sexy guy too. There is nothing terrifying about him. Her drag was incredible and she's gorgeous. And he makes all his own clothes too. Amazing contestant and winner. He's a professional. The most deserving winner since Season 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570April 18, 2021 4:54 AM

R569 As a boy, he looks junkie adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 571April 18, 2021 5:08 AM

Again!

Kandy is the first queen they show at the start of the show and she's the first queen "interviewed" while walking in. It's not a coincidence, kids.

by Anonymousreply 572April 18, 2021 5:41 AM

The thread for Part 5 is literally dragging, and pretty much impossible on phones so here is the new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573April 18, 2021 6:00 AM

^ Love your positivity.

by Anonymousreply 574April 18, 2021 6:06 AM

r574 Please use the reply number. I'm not trying to be a hall monitor, but I'm seeing more and more of these carat characters, and it makes it hard to know who the fuck you are replying to.

by Anonymousreply 575April 18, 2021 6:14 AM

Ahem, *caret* characters

by Anonymousreply 576April 18, 2021 6:17 AM

^ You sound weak. You do not belong here.

by Anonymousreply 577April 18, 2021 6:19 AM

Will someone please tell Kandy that short shorts are not a good look on her obese body?

by Anonymousreply 578April 18, 2021 1:50 PM

I'm about the watch the Reunion Show......I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 579April 18, 2021 3:10 PM

R579 Have a couple cups of coffee first so you can stay awake. It's boring as hell and seems like it'll never end.

by Anonymousreply 580April 18, 2021 3:18 PM

Spoilers are out about who is the top 2.

by Anonymousreply 581April 18, 2021 4:14 PM

***SPOILER***

Rose eliminated first

Gottmik eliminated second

Kandy and Symone final two

Symone the winner

And Michelle may look okay with good lighting, but in real life she looks like every woman with excessive plastic surgery

by Anonymousreply 582April 18, 2021 4:19 PM

Well, nothing the show has done to push Kandy has made her remotely popular. What the hell did Ru & Co see in her that they would gamble so hard that she would catch on with the audience?

by Anonymousreply 583April 18, 2021 4:19 PM

Okay, I agree. This reunion special was a mess. The only part I liked was watching my baby Joey Jay and his hot self.

by Anonymousreply 584April 18, 2021 4:38 PM

Great there goes Kandy's delusional self-importance & relevancy through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 585April 18, 2021 4:55 PM

It's already ridiculous that Kandy is in the top four. How the hell do they justify having her in the final two?

by Anonymousreply 586April 18, 2021 5:00 PM

r582, enjoy you're soon to be diagnosed stage 4 cancer. You deserve it. Give your doctor a kiss for me.

by Anonymousreply 587April 18, 2021 5:03 PM

[Quote] It's already ridiculous that Kandy is in the top four. How the hell do they justify having her in the final two?

They can't justify it. Every time Kandy has to LS she doesn't know all the words. Re-watch her LS. They give praise to someone who just doesn't give a shit to do all the work. Other queens have been kicked off for not knowing all the words to a LS but not Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 588April 18, 2021 6:38 PM

Apparently those spoilers are unreliable as Bob has said something on her twitter that doesn't support that rumour, and she's good friends with Gotmik.

by Anonymousreply 589April 18, 2021 7:54 PM

^Of course Bob is good friends with that fraudulent man. One of his "boyfriends" is a FTM too, right?

by Anonymousreply 590April 18, 2021 9:41 PM

As if Bob knows secrets of production

by Anonymousreply 591April 18, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote]One of his "boyfriends" is a FTM too, right?

Correct.

by Anonymousreply 592April 18, 2021 10:41 PM

Oh - it was as awful as everyone here says it was. I skipped around a bit and skipped a lot.

The 69 questions could have been fun, but NotGotDik and Kandy Moose just displayed their irritating habits to the max. Putting KM into the top four just reinforced her delusions about her talent, popularity, and drag.

I would hate for the spoilers above to be right about the top two, but there you are.

I think an earlier post here has given me some thought. Perhaps I have "aged out" of this show. I know specifically that I have if KM or NGD wins. I'll have to find something else to watch - but that will be easy.

by Anonymousreply 593April 18, 2021 10:50 PM

It doesn't matter what age you are. Kandy is an asshole in every age range. We all know an asshole cunt like Kandy in our lives!

by Anonymousreply 594April 18, 2021 10:54 PM

Kandy = untalented cunt!

by Anonymousreply 595April 18, 2021 10:54 PM

Kandy has killed drag race. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 596April 18, 2021 10:55 PM

Kandy's carrier is dead.

by Anonymousreply 597April 18, 2021 10:55 PM

Grease fire to Kandy!

by Anonymousreply 598April 18, 2021 10:55 PM

Kandy deserves all the hate!

by Anonymousreply 599April 18, 2021 10:56 PM

Kandy is a piece of shit!

by Anonymousreply 600April 18, 2021 10:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!