Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 13, Part 3: Kandy's Revenge

She's here to slay - all season!

And you can discuss the UK Season 2 thread at the link in R1 below. It is the superior season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603March 21, 2021 3:55 AM

UK Season 2 Thread here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 24, 2021 4:01 PM

Don't forget, this week's episode is a COVID-19 special, not a regular episode. Next week we're back to normal with the Snatch Game.

They're dragging this season out for all it's worth. We've had 8 episodes so far and only 4 queens eliminated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 24, 2021 7:15 PM

The slowest season ever. Dull.

by Anonymousreply 3February 24, 2021 7:41 PM

Couldn't they have put this Covid special right before the Snatch Game episode? This season is moving like molasses as it is. We're going to need two or three double eliminations at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 4February 24, 2021 8:45 PM

Can Gottmik help Buck Angel out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 24, 2021 9:16 PM

RuPaul's Drag Race The Brand keeps expanding.... [cue jokes about Kandy's waistline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2021 12:08 AM

Total fucking bullshit, and I am NOT subscribing to yet another streaming service just to watch what will likely only be a massive crap fest.

So much for World of Wonder being home of "All things drag". I'm guessing it is already in the can and turned out tragically shitty if this happened. Otherwise, why the move?

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2021 12:30 AM

Spoiler.....

Peppermint wins All Stars 6. So don't worry about Gottmik winning Season 13.

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2021 12:32 AM

Fuck you R8

I didn't even know that channel existed, and I'm sure I am not alone. This is only going to further hurt the queens hope for exposure (money) while venues remain closed.

by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2021 12:35 AM

Then why not buy a Cameo message R9? Trinity the Tuck got shamed for doing Drag Brunches in Ft. Lauderdale. So help support her surgeries by purchasing a cameo message.

Look how fast BOB, Violet and other popular queens upped their YouTube presence during lockdown? Kaching. $$$ I feel sorry for drag queens and all live performers. But they have to be resourceful now. Like most of the rest of the world.

You can see Tony (the vixen) on AllMyFans fucking Blair St. Claire!!! Subscribe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2021 12:45 AM

Ehhhhh it would be like watching a bunch of twigs rubbing together. No thanks.

Meanwhile, I think Utica could carry off the Dior New Look esthetic, or anything that Dovima wore:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 25, 2021 1:04 AM

Agree r7, FUCK THIS.

Fuck Paramount, putting the next season of drag race to try to force people to sign up to a service no one wants.

Guess I'll be pirating the season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 25, 2021 1:10 AM

Speaking of twigs R11, Utica is disgusting looking. All gums and knees and the fattest nose in herstory. That's a skinny homely bitch. Why do all the old gays only love the ugly drag queens and comedy clowns? (rhetorical)

Utica got boot after boot on Fashion Photo Review and on the better Bootleg Opinions with Yuhua Hamasaki.

She's not high fashion and far from any Avedon ad. If Raja thinks your homemade attempt at being a model is shite, it's pretty bad. Utica could empty the trash cans on a fashion shoot, maybe. I never heard of Dovima. Which season of Drag Race was she on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 25, 2021 1:19 AM

Also high fashion. Lineysha Sparks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 25, 2021 1:42 AM

No spoiler at r8. Peppermint is not in AS6.

by Anonymousreply 15February 25, 2021 2:38 AM

No, Peppermint is no fan of RuPaul anymore. I heard that Eureka wins All Stars 6. Ginger Minj is in the cast too. One of them wins. After Gottmik wins Season 13, it's a big girl winner at last for All Stars. I think that Ginger is a bit too corny and old. So I'm sure the Eureka intel is true.

by Anonymousreply 16February 25, 2021 3:22 AM

R16 Good grief, why is Ginger Minj back for another season of All Stars? I *get* having queens who were on the dreadful first season of All Stars back, because that was a fuckin' mess! Ginger Minj had her chance on All Stars 2 (well, haha, no one had a fair shot against Alaska)!!!

R6 An international drag singing competition sounds like... a fucking NIGHTMARE. Are they using queens from other international versions? If so, sounds like a plot cooked up to give Divina De Campo and her 343025 octave range a win.

by Anonymousreply 17February 25, 2021 4:06 AM

I guess discussions are over about Canada DR. I just binged the whole season and posted in the thread on here, but I guess it is old news now. Even that rag tag season was more entertaining than this Kandy Moose/GottNoDik fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 18February 25, 2021 4:49 AM

R18 Canada's Drag Race was fun. I enjoy the energy of the international editions compared to the US version which has been stale for multiple seasons.

I still haven't seen Holland and Thailand, yet.

Ru and Michelle just finished filming Drag Race Australia & New Zealand, I believe. Drag Race Spain should be fun, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 25, 2021 5:12 AM

You want old school drag? Treat yourself to the GREAT Kennedy Davenport. Spectacular performer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 25, 2021 7:19 AM

Kennedy and Chi Chi, giving them their money's worth....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 25, 2021 7:33 AM

Ru should try something different. Have some of the winners or other well-known, established queens mentor some young flyover queens who’ve been kicked out of home, etc., and have them compete that way. Quit recycling these tired, old queens.

by Anonymousreply 22February 25, 2021 12:11 PM

Yes, the franchise needs shot in the arm. Too many queens who were not interesting the first or second time (*cough* Eureka *cough*) still sniffing around. They need to finally do a RU SKOOL FOR GURLS and have new queens learn the ropes (learn to sew, blow cock for a better lineup position, etc).

I get Paramount for free with my cable subscription so not complaining about that one though it's ridiculous they don't just post the episodes on the damn WoW app.

by Anonymousreply 23February 25, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]Yes, the franchise needs shot in the arm.

Or a kick in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 24February 25, 2021 1:42 PM

My prediction, not based on anything except the editing: the top two will be Simone and Rose. Kandy/Mik in 3rd or 4th.

It’s the ultimate outcome of this A Squad/ B Squad b.s.: One from the A team vs. one from the B team for the crown.

GotMik will NOT win season 13. RuPaul would never let that happen.

And peppermint isn’t on AS6. But there will be another fab trans person though, who goes pretty far.

by Anonymousreply 25February 25, 2021 1:51 PM

I think they are drawing it out in hopes that they will be able to air the finale in person. I am not going to watch this covid special anyway, but I would be fine with this and another filler episode (like a clip show) if it meant getting to have the queens tape the finale and reunion in person.

by Anonymousreply 26February 25, 2021 1:56 PM

Someone reads Datalounge. Coming to paramount TV....

* A new series titled Queen of the Universe will pit drag queens from all around the world against one another in a musical melee. Per the release, we can expect “high heels, high octaves and high competition.”

by Anonymousreply 27February 25, 2021 5:19 PM

Apparently CBS All Access is turning into Paramount Plus.

by Anonymousreply 28February 25, 2021 6:28 PM

R28 Here's the scoop.

At least I have CBS All Access so that won't be yet another $9.99 out of pocket...

Paramount+ is ViacomCBS’ rebranded streaming service that will feature content from CBS All Access, CBS, Showtime, BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, Pluto TV, and more company brands. The new service will feature hundreds of thousands of hours of content, including 30,000 episodes of TV, 2,500 films, and over 1,000 live sporting events, as well as 24/7 news coverage from CBSN and CBS affiliates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 25, 2021 8:45 PM

It's so stupid that they have now decided to branch off a "drag queen singing competition" when singing should have been one of the skill requirements from the very start. Old school drag queens always used to sing live, didn't matter if they were good singers or not they still gave a solid performance. I don't why or how the talentless act of lip-synching in drag became a thing but I really hate it so much I can't ever sit through the end of the show. If I wanted to see someone mindlessly flapping their jaws pretend singing to a pop tune I'd get out my hair brush.

by Anonymousreply 30February 25, 2021 8:58 PM

"I don't why or how the talentless act of lip-synching in drag became a thing"

you're either heterosexual or very, very young

by Anonymousreply 31February 25, 2021 9:01 PM

I'm neither of those things. There is no merit in lip-synching and that's that.

by Anonymousreply 32February 25, 2021 10:11 PM

Oh god r32 You are a fucking idiot and I agree with r31.

Having a good, even great "natural" singing voice does not a great drag queen make. Having excellent miming skills, timing, and knowing how to move your body to the song does. It is about the performance, the drama, the emotion, the fabulousness, not natural vocal talent when it comes to lyp-synch.

Go do your homework now, kid. Literally and figuratively.

by Anonymousreply 33February 25, 2021 10:51 PM

There will be no live finale R26. Not happening.

by Anonymousreply 34February 26, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote]Having a good, even great "natural" singing voice does not a great drag queen make.

Neither does lip-synching, that's why they always have to buffer out the dullness of every performance with doing some gymnastic routine death drops, bananas splits and somersaults, which is what ends up getting the biggest reaction from the judges.

Not a single queen that has come on the show has ever had "excellent miming skills," and knowing how to silently mouth-warble is not a talent or skill. Drama, emotion and fabulousness can be better achieved with,...you know...actually SINGING. Lip-synching is at the lowest end of the talent scale; literally anyone can do it—and at home for nothing. Watching a queen in a sparkly outfit do it doesn't make it anymore interesting.

Go light your tampon, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35February 26, 2021 2:04 AM

^ NUTS

by Anonymousreply 36February 26, 2021 2:19 AM

There is a Mexican version of this International program, and It's kind of boring. Some of them sound like men singing.

by Anonymousreply 37February 26, 2021 2:23 AM

It's funny that the promo shot for the "Drag Queens During Covid Lockdown" show is an image of Kandy Muse staring out the window, apparently contemplating all of the sold out shows and M&Gs her fans are missing out on. Oh, if only this pandemic didn't prevent her from sharing her amazing talents with her army of fans....

by Anonymousreply 38February 26, 2021 1:50 PM

I especially hate that slack-jawed loose chin type of lip synch......so fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 39February 26, 2021 2:38 PM

Well, Kandy is by far the most dynamic, talented and beautiful queen to ever grace Drag Race. In just a few short weeks Kandy has captured the hearts, minds, and...dare we say..lust of trillions of fans around the globe. We're both proud and privileged to bring her story to you.

by Anonymousreply 40February 26, 2021 2:39 PM

R40 - not so close to lunch.

by Anonymousreply 41February 26, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote]I don't why or how the talentless act of lip-synching in drag became a thing

I'd rather watch Detox do the stupid jaw quiver she does in every lip-sync than hear Aja and Manila's attempts at singing and "writing" songs. May not be too bad if they had a talented songwriter on staff (none of the Rusicals have shown that they do), but drag queen pop music is the worst thing I've heard in my life.

by Anonymousreply 42February 26, 2021 7:04 PM

Kandy needs to learn that she doesn’t have to respond to EVERYTHING. She posted something like “you bitches know you’re going to tune in anyway”.

I’m like, well, I’m not now. Thanks for giving me the reason to finally tune out.

by Anonymousreply 43February 26, 2021 7:52 PM

R30 girl how old are you? “Old school queens used to sing live” - in vaudeville? Not in the 70s, 80s or 90s they didn’t. If one did, that was an anomaly.

by Anonymousreply 44February 26, 2021 7:57 PM

R44, Um, that's incorrect. Singing live was quite common, and yes they did sing during the 70s, 80s and 90s as well. You must live under a rock.

by Anonymousreply 45February 26, 2021 8:10 PM

It really wasn't "quite common" r45 It was, and still is, the exception to the rule. Adore, Courtney, Willam and Trixie are notable modern exceptions.

As for old school queens the ones that pop to mind, Ru, Divine, and Lady Bunny....If you utilize a loose definition of "singing".

by Anonymousreply 46February 26, 2021 8:33 PM

Loose lips and all.

by Anonymousreply 47February 26, 2021 8:41 PM

Anyone remember the guy that was known as the Texas Tornado. His final number was him at a make-up table, taking off all the drag and changing into western clothes, he was beautiful as a woman and a man. He used to perform in P-Town

by Anonymousreply 48February 26, 2021 8:49 PM

Yeah I don't think I ever saw a local queen sing live in the years I went to gay bars.

by Anonymousreply 49February 26, 2021 8:50 PM

I actually pitched something like that to viacom. Sort of ANTM meets ambush makeover. 10 drag queens each get to pick a person willing to do drag but never has. Every show has a theme and the queens school their new drag daughters in it. Make up, performing, acting, comedy. lewks lewks lewks. I got pretty far in development even reached out to a few queens who were interested. But then my champion at Sony tv got fired.

by Anonymousreply 50February 26, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote]So much for World of Wonder being home of "All things drag".

They don't even carry the regular seasons of Drag Race. Those are all negotiated through Viacom.

by Anonymousreply 51February 26, 2021 8:54 PM

They usually run a marathon before the seaons - I used an app called channels DVR and just recorded every episode from s1 to as6 - got them all now and it just continues. Once it moves to Paramount I can add that app to Play On and record them too.

by Anonymousreply 52February 26, 2021 9:03 PM

All Seasons but 12 are on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 53February 26, 2021 9:30 PM

I'm only seeing it on Hulu r53 and only up to season 6.

Are you outside the US?

by Anonymousreply 54February 26, 2021 9:37 PM

The COVID episode was really good. Moving and real. Yes, Kandy too.

by Anonymousreply 55February 27, 2021 4:51 AM

Kandy was self obsessed. As per.

by Anonymousreply 56February 27, 2021 4:58 AM

Kandy was fine. Joey is the most annoying. Kandy is quite well liked in the Drag community. Tina and Symone and Denali and Gottmik and Symone and Tamisha came across really well in this hour special. They are a lot more sensitive bunch than we've been shown.

by Anonymousreply 57February 27, 2021 5:06 AM

^ Also Olivia and Utica. Really nice to see the queens this way. No TV show tells us how they film during COVID. This was an illuminating look at good people working hard during a very difficult time.

by Anonymousreply 58February 27, 2021 5:14 AM

R57 No, it wasn't fine. It was its usual self obsessed tiresome cunt.

by Anonymousreply 59February 27, 2021 5:50 AM

Kandy was fine. ^You're the obsessional hater of *certain* queens.^ Of color. Always. You're a racist old pig.

by Anonymousreply 60February 27, 2021 6:24 AM

Great, kill another thread with ya ramblings.

by Anonymousreply 61February 27, 2021 7:16 AM

C’mon Ru, let’s have a triple lip sync and then eliminate them all. Make this season memorable for something more than causing us to hate Fat Vanjie.

by Anonymousreply 62February 27, 2021 8:22 AM

I think Ru received backlash for filming during covid so this was her way to try to convince people how safe the show was.

They let Kandy talk toooo much.

by Anonymousreply 63February 27, 2021 10:15 AM

Kandy saying anything is too much.

by Anonymousreply 64February 27, 2021 1:57 PM

I watched a few minutes.....of last night's Kandy Moose Show......and couldn't take it. I switched to THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE on TCM.

Between Kandy and Utica - I'll take Angela Lansbury.

by Anonymousreply 65February 27, 2021 2:10 PM

The videos of Kandy's drag performances were just what you thought they would be......I'm still not sure what she said last night. Her mush motor mouth was in overdrive.

by Anonymousreply 66February 27, 2021 2:12 PM

I thought it was interesting in the out takes of Ru talking to the girls she said to Kandy something along the lines that Ru loves the way Kandy talks. She must be the only one who does.

by Anonymousreply 67February 27, 2021 2:23 PM

Why did all the queens have brown lips in the interview segments? Why was all the coloring off?

Joey Jay had a good point about not knowing whether their loved ones were safe and healthy, I know they're isolated from the world during filming ANYWAYS... but they should have let them have a weekly 10 minute phone call with a designated friend and/or family member for peace of mind. Or at least splurge on a Netflix subscription for the queens!

by Anonymousreply 68February 27, 2021 2:30 PM

Hmm. I figured it was a filler episode. So maybe worth a watch?

by Anonymousreply 69February 27, 2021 2:33 PM

Full disclosure, I didn't watch Seasons 1-3. But I have to say that this season, 13, is the worst of the ones I have watched since season 4. Kandy ruins each and every episode for me, and even last night... I tried so hard to watch this ridiculous filler of an episode, and the 2nd time Kandy came on, I just couldn't take it anymore. Season 13 is a horrible horrendous cringe-worthy season.

by Anonymousreply 70February 27, 2021 2:53 PM

R70 There's no way seasons 1-3 are worse than the current season, so need to worry about disclosing that!!

by Anonymousreply 71February 27, 2021 3:00 PM

I hate Olivia's face so much. Her teeth are too big and she's always smiling. Plus, her outfits are very boring and underwhelming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2021 12:57 AM

Is Olivia a person of color R72? Do you hate her? Are you going to die soon or keep infecting the world with your racist hate? Mediapolis wants to know. How many times a day can you post your hatred about queens of color. From the same 3 devices. Olivia has a beautiful smile. And some pretty good drag by season 13s low standards. She, Symone and Gottmik are the only contenders for the COVID crown. Olivia is a good looking guy and a pretty queen.

R72 takes all the crowns for being a racist freak and gas bag of no insight. Imagine making a post about a great looking young man's teeth? Olivia has a fantastic smile. R72 hated Monique Hart, Shangela, Monet, Silky, The Vixen, Kennedy & Kandy too. So many other POC contestants... so much to hate.

Alexis proves herself once again to be a strange mindfuck between well done tacky pageant drag and heartfelt insight and intelligence. She looks like a bloated idol pageant float, but she's confident in what she says and does. "I'm in my garage bitch, of course she looks better in yellow!!" This bootleg review of last week's episode gives the Kandy haters some emphatic confirmation + Olivia and Symone lovers get all the truth and insight about what's right and what could be better about their presentation. Alexis Mateo is not having Kandy, no matter how much she is coaxed to give her any props. Don't forget Season 3. Alexis Mateo was dragged by Michelle for being too curvy and padded and pageantry. But she was the most grounded and wisest bitch there. And she won as many challenges as Raja. Still, the same.

Back off R72. Every single contestant on the COVID special mentioned or commented on how beautiful Olivia's smile is. I'm sure you saw that. It must have deeply upset your racist view. You must make a post about it. Fool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2021 1:56 AM

Season 11 was a crappy season, people just got spoiled because Season 12 was a pretty good season.

by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2021 2:01 AM

Well, R73, I think Olivia is gorgeous. I’m also amused that the show is trying to make her into a backstabbing cunt. I guess it makes for better 📺.

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2021 2:17 AM

Perhaps it's because I've gone through some things as far as Covid is concerned, bit I found parts of the filler episode to be oddly moving. And as much as we criticize parts of the show, it is amazing how much the production and crew did to even get this year's show off the ground and running smoothly.

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2021 2:43 AM

throw away your Emmy vote r76

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2021 2:50 AM

R73 is the same old "cut white fags' throats" piece of shit that's been around for years.

It gets itself worked up until it blows up with racist shit. Can't read, can't think - just a hater. And cuts and pastes a lot of its posts in blocks of text. A real mess.

Ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2021 2:55 AM

That poster @ R78 always makes up lies and calls people by improper nouns like "it" or refers to real men as "she". Using the sad defensive vernacular of some old white racist man who has no place left, here or anywhere. May jesus visit healing upon his troubled mind this night. Can we pray for R78?

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2021 3:03 AM

Everyone talking about the weird orange lips. I guess it was a filter?

I enjoyed the covid special. It was cool to see how hard the crew worked to create a bubble for the queens and then the precautions taken on set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2021 3:14 AM

See how he pounces, as at R79? Sits staring at the screen just waiting for an excuse to go off. Always the same story. Racist and mad like a frothing dog. I know I'm breaking my own rule of ignoring him, but I knew there would be an immediate leap back in, so it's interesting how consistent the syndrome is. Now we'll see if things continue as they usually do, escalating with hate speech and misreading everything. Amazing the drool doesn't short the hardware out.

Oh, by the way. I'm hoping Olivia wins. But not because she's black. Because she's delightful with a great personality and talent and looks great. Although Symone's costumes have been the best and she has a real power, but she doesn't quite have the breadth they seem to want. I was sorry to see Tamisha go but I think her health isn't great and it was understood she'd leave early. My first favorite was LaLa Ri, though. But that bag dress was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2021 3:19 AM

Olivia is corny.

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2021 3:27 AM

It was moving R76. Not grotesquely so. Matter of fact. TV shows don't show us how they make the sausage in general and no reality show of overly hyped and competitive people even acknowledges much about how they confront filming during COVID. So it was moving for that alone. Some those boys looked cute locked in their hotel rooms too. Socks and shorts - ain't that us all?

One of the queens had the virus before the show, and two after they went home. If you've not been in lockdown where have you been? So when they mention their strange joy at feeling safe or worried DURING the competition - that is exactly what I wanted to see. They could touch each other and interact and play and perform. Because they were in such a bubble of quarantine and constant testing and protection. More than they would ever have in real life. These are not celebrities. But they couldn't know anything about how their families or partner were doing during the worsening of the pandemic. Anyone who doesn't get that it was a bit progressive for Drag Race to show some of it, is not really an astute observer. Ru is also not known for chatting with the contestants when the cameras are off, but he did. For the camera. And they tried to offer some hope. They addressed why they have only a small family of guest judges this season. Why the workroom is larger. How untucked is on the same set. It didn't have to be deep. Utica was a lovely guy and what you might hope. A hippie dude. Real people trying hard in hard times is moving. Add in how it didn't stop them from their showmanship and competition, and hell yes, it was moving.

by Anonymousreply 83February 28, 2021 3:39 AM

R83 You sound weak.

by Anonymousreply 84February 28, 2021 4:20 AM

You sound exactly like you R84.

by Anonymousreply 85February 28, 2021 4:22 AM

Why is there a sissy fight in the middle of this thread?

by Anonymousreply 86February 28, 2021 11:43 AM

Were you unaware that this thread was about RuPaul's Drag Race r86?

by Anonymousreply 87February 28, 2021 12:14 PM

^ girls, girls! You’re both fucking annoying!

by Anonymousreply 88February 28, 2021 12:20 PM

Tina and Kandy have to be two of the ugliest people ever on this show, both looks and personality

by Anonymousreply 89February 28, 2021 12:30 PM

[R50] That show got made, it was called Ru Paul's Drag U and failed miserably.

by Anonymousreply 90February 28, 2021 12:30 PM

I want to see more of Rose and his bf, they seem like a great couple

by Anonymousreply 91February 28, 2021 1:33 PM

I don't care it made me cry. It made me re-remember how I felt throughout the start of covid

by Anonymousreply 92February 28, 2021 7:13 PM

I know Olivia is a beautiful drag queen but that photo with his mom, he's a genuinely beautiful man too. I want to be Utica's friend.

by Anonymousreply 93February 28, 2021 7:19 PM

I want Utica to gain true self confidence, because she's fabulous and doesn't need to present herself the way that she does, with all that wink wink nudge nudge Carol Burnett nonsense.

She's a beautiful person who has been abused, and needs help seeing that. Her style is flawless and I want to see a long runway show of her crazy designs.

by Anonymousreply 94March 1, 2021 6:23 AM

Abused by who? Kandy?

by Anonymousreply 95March 1, 2021 6:29 AM

Kandy would have to stand on a ladder to abuse Utica.

by Anonymousreply 96March 1, 2021 10:34 PM

Abused by parents.

by Anonymousreply 97March 2, 2021 12:41 AM

And so he has to take it out on the audience?

Utica would kill as Vampira.......if he did it without the added crap and lipstick from the bottom of his nose to the end of his chin.

by Anonymousreply 98March 2, 2021 9:23 PM

Well, Utica is doing a stale Bob Ross joke for Snatch Game so that’s that.

by Anonymousreply 99March 3, 2021 6:17 AM

[quote]There's no way seasons 1-3 are worse than the current season, so need to worry about disclosing that!!

S2 and its Untucked are arguably the bitchiest RPDR seasons ever. They weren't yet worried about how they came across on TV, and they frequently let each other have it.

by Anonymousreply 100March 3, 2021 6:28 AM

I preferred S3 and its Untucked. Shangela was basically a one-man show that would have won writing Emmys if it was actually scripted.

"C'mon Miss Tutu Tulle with fabric and felt. Sickening! ........... And hair."

by Anonymousreply 101March 3, 2021 11:17 AM

I’m watching through the seasons, and S7 seems to be where you start getting the queens who look like men in dresses. The quality definitely shifts.

by Anonymousreply 102March 3, 2021 11:45 PM

Really R102? Lots of the earlier queens looked like men in dresses. Bar queens. Season 7 is when the non padded queens started to emerge. Better wigs, less draggy makeup and more fashion conscious runways. Hence the "old" queens against the youngins. Ginger was completely picked by Ru to win that season until her bitterness turned OFF the emerging new young audience. Voila = Violet. Spectacular in her own way - but not exactly a drag queen. Violet came back the next year and showed them all why she won. Beauty GAG Fashion, never to be topped.

Season 7 had some early bad performances and challenges, but it really is one of the most successful casts ever. With some great challenges. Miss Fame, Katya, Trixie, Kennedy Davenport, Violet, Pearl, Mrs. Kasha Davis, Max and Ginger Minj!! What more do you want? Classic.

Season 12 has been released on Netflix with Sherry Pie's performances not edited out. That pervy bitch had a lot of genuine talent and uniqueness. Jaida Essence Halle still deserved her win. Her at home live finale performance showed you what a girl can do. Jaida said from the beginning that she was a female impersonator and illusionist, not much of a drag queen. Amazing. That's Drag too.

Why does Datalounge only love the clowny ugly contestants?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 4, 2021 12:18 AM

Well, R103, one thing about S7 is that after 6 seasons, most of these queens still don’t understand the point of the Snatch Game.

by Anonymousreply 104March 4, 2021 12:28 AM

R102 Totally correct. It went off the cliff that season.

by Anonymousreply 105March 4, 2021 12:46 AM

r103 I am in the US, there are no episodes of Drag Race on Netflix. There are on Hulu, but only up to season 6. Are you in a different country?

by Anonymousreply 106March 4, 2021 1:13 AM

Netflix Canada has episodes up to S12.

by Anonymousreply 107March 4, 2021 1:33 AM

The fact that so many legendary queens came from Season 7 only shows how the challenge choices really let down that season overall.

I said this before in a RPDR thread, but I'll say it again: you don't cast queens like Violet Chachki (even though she won) and Miss Fame only to put them through a series of mediocre acting challenges and almost no fashion challenges in between. The first half of the season was a real drag (no pun intended) aside from Glamazonian Airways and the entertaining disaster that was Shakesqueer.

I've read theories online that it was done this way to favor Ginger Minj, who had lots of acting experience but couldn't sew, but even that didn't get her the crown in the end. Now she's about to have her second go at All Stars. If at first you don't succeed.......

by Anonymousreply 108March 4, 2021 1:36 AM

r108, most had an acting background or at least had been on stage acting for at some. Fame, Violet and Jasmine were the ones with zero time acting. Even Kandy had some time on stage. The people talking about Ginger are the same people who hate and believe the edits about Ginger. Nothing has changed. There are villains in every season as you know.

by Anonymousreply 109March 4, 2021 1:45 AM

[Quote] at least had been on stage acting for at some.

*at least had been on stage for acting at some point.

by Anonymousreply 110March 4, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote]R103 You forgot about Carmen Carrera, the original BODY QUEEN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 4, 2021 2:57 AM

R100 Oh, I agree 100% about S2. It's my personal favorite season. S3 is great, too. There's something about S2 that's a bit more chaotic, which makes it more entertaining to me. Can you imagine a queen with Raven's attitude appearing on a current season? Just imagine the outrage.

One of my favourite moments of reality tv editing is from S2's untucked when Tatianna mentioned the other queens probably think she's shit, then fuckin' Raven saying "I would NEVER say that," as she calls everything about Tatianna shit!! 🤣

Season 7 is such an odd season, in retrospect it's a real turning point for the show. I think, with season 7, we started to have queens who were "fans" of the show being cast and it became a bit too self-aware.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 4, 2021 3:05 AM

Ha, Yes I did. R111. I forgot about Carmen Carrera. Because she has nothing in common with Season 7 queens. If I'm going to cheer an early season queen with silicone ass, hips and lips, it will be Yara Sofia. All Day Long.

Violet is not surgically augmented, neither was Peal or Katya or any of the season 7 queens. Not even Miss Fame. Except maybe her lips. Doesn't count. Violet is definitely a dude in real life, which makes his visual transformations all the more impressive and interesting. He's a glam non binary dude. Like Aquaria who is a BIG dick boy with a great ass IRL. They just stay real thin, for Drag. But it's a B O Y!

by Anonymousreply 113March 4, 2021 3:23 AM

[quote]Old school drag queens always used to sing live.

No we didn't gurl.

by Anonymousreply 114March 4, 2021 3:38 AM

R113 there’s no point. I just wanted to bring up Carmen’s witch nose, which is one of my favorite reads from season 3. I get your point about season 7 queens not padding.

I can’t put my finger on why, but season 7 was just oddly cast to me. It was a weird season. What ever happened to Max? Who can forget one of the shadiest editing moments of the show!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 4, 2021 3:50 AM

Aquaria, official.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 4, 2021 4:15 AM

Look over here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 4, 2021 4:16 AM

Shangela had just dragged Carmen’s body for dog carpet filth. But “witch nose” was too far.

by Anonymousreply 118March 4, 2021 10:08 AM

R108 - I’d believe what you say if the challenges for S7 were different from the first 6 - they weren’t. Each season has the same balance of cast types - the pretty “Heathers” on one end, and the dumpy underdogs on the other end. Thrown in between are invariably the ones who can’t sew, sing, dance, etc. That’s why I don’t see S7 being any different, except for the fact that the quality of personalities and talent started getting sketchy. I agree there were standouts like Trixie, but I’m just not seeing how this season overall was a standout.

by Anonymousreply 119March 4, 2021 1:11 PM

She would have had to as Kandy: "What nose?"

by Anonymousreply 120March 4, 2021 1:52 PM

is the fat hairy lisping queen gone yet????

by Anonymousreply 121March 5, 2021 10:36 AM

thtill here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 5, 2021 10:38 AM

How???? she gots nuffin.

by Anonymousreply 123March 5, 2021 10:49 AM

I don’t know how Kim Chi made it so far in S8. Zero personality even if great costumes. But that’s kind of the problem again with some of these latter seasons - pretty costumes, no drag.

by Anonymousreply 124March 5, 2021 1:01 PM

The queens and episodes of the UK race are so much better than this US season.

by Anonymousreply 125March 5, 2021 2:53 PM

Theyr all so loud and full of drama....im over it.

by Anonymousreply 126March 5, 2021 2:54 PM

For tonight's episode, get ready to watch people worship tacky, basic Olivia for no reason!

by Anonymousreply 127March 5, 2021 3:25 PM

Kandy is just endlessly delusional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 5, 2021 5:20 PM

If you took a shot for every time someone said “shady bitch” in an episode, you’d be dead from alcohol poisoning before it was over.

by Anonymousreply 129March 5, 2021 9:01 PM

Well that was sort of a waste of time......I still hate Kandy Moose. But thanks for the link R128 - she's certainly avoiding the Moose in the room.

by Anonymousreply 130March 5, 2021 9:45 PM

Re-watched the season 13 episodes back to back on VH1 and they just give more credence to how bad Kandy has been. Not tremendously "first elimination" bad but mediocre to poor so many of the challenges and runway looks. Tonight's Snatch Game looks like it good be "interesting", to put it mildly.

Link contains SPOILERS for who the queens will be impersonating so anyone who wants to be surprised, avoid clicking!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 5, 2021 10:06 PM

Lots of cringe in this Snatch Game, and lots of delusion in the aftermath

by Anonymousreply 132March 6, 2021 1:01 AM

Right winner on all fronts: Snatch, runway, and lipsync.

by Anonymousreply 133March 6, 2021 1:45 AM

I thought Symone should have won. Her Harriet Tubman was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 134March 6, 2021 2:41 AM

Why is everything Rose does about Scotland? Everything! Weird!

by Anonymousreply 135March 6, 2021 3:03 AM

I’m kind of here for Utica being a shady bitch.

It’s interesting to me that the Rose’s confessional included shit about Utica being a bitch at dinner (off camera). Is this the first time off-camera stuff has been brought up on the show? I’m surprised the story producers allowed that. The editing is weird as hell!!!

These queens are too self-produced. I miss honest bitchery!

by Anonymousreply 136March 6, 2021 3:10 AM

R133 And how embarrassing to be Scottish this and Scottish that when there’s fuckin Lawrence Chaney across the pond! She must hate Lawrence for stealing her thunder.

by Anonymousreply 137March 6, 2021 3:12 AM

Jesus. Not only is Kandy Muse ugly as sin, she's also STUPID AS FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 138March 6, 2021 3:29 AM

So how difficult was it for Got?

by Anonymousreply 139March 6, 2021 3:41 AM

Symone was only safe??? She was hilarious.

Can’t really fault the winner, though. Pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 140March 6, 2021 3:45 AM

Goodbye Elliott with two Ts and three necks!

by Anonymousreply 141March 6, 2021 3:57 AM

Olivia should've been lip synching for her life. She picked a non-famous person for Snatch Game AND she had no jokes. She also didn't transform herself. Boring (Olivia) is worse than bombing (Utica's Bob Ross).

by Anonymousreply 142March 6, 2021 4:16 AM

Elliot with Low T made me ANGRY with his lousy Rue/Blanche. Utica pissed me off as well. Just so stubbornly wrong.

by Anonymousreply 143March 6, 2021 4:24 AM

Hahaha... Gottmik wins the ball challenge AND Snatch Game! I can feel it, they's on their way to the crown! FTMs have taken over gay porn, and now Drag Race. With Datalounge's approval, because gay men need to accept pussy in the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 144March 6, 2021 4:38 AM

I love Porkchop being there. I met her at the first DragCon and she was a sweetheart. She took time with every fan in line and was so kind to all.

by Anonymousreply 145March 6, 2021 4:56 AM

Olivia was TERRIBLE in Snatch and her outfit was basic. It should have been her and Utica in lipsync. I’m not at all sure I agree with the winner. I thought Symone’s runway was fucking epic. I actually gasped when she turned around. And Harriet Tubman was a dangerous, funny choice, though it didn’t always work. Gottmik was fine in Snatch, but 80s punk? Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 146March 6, 2021 5:49 AM

Gotmik and Symone were easily the best in Snatch Game. But Gotmik picked low hanging fruit (not that she knows what that feels like...teehee) with Paris. Symone made Harriet fucking Tubman hysterical.

She better win this thing.

by Anonymousreply 147March 6, 2021 7:24 AM

Do yourself a favor and rewatch Season 12. Every episode is great. Every challenge was met. And the so called filler queens were more talented than the TOPS of this year. (*except Symone)

I love Symone on the runway and Gottmik deserved her win and won the crown tonight. Still, they would be fortunate to make the top 3 in any other season. Season 13 is literally unwatchable. And whoever keeps trashing Kandy but thinks the other contestants are any better is who we know it is. Delusional. They are all terrible. All of them are terrible. Utica should be gone a long time before tonight. Terrible.

There's Symone and Gottmik, but no watchable show whatsoever. T.S. Madison is a shit guest judge and Carson is always stupid and ugly and poorly dressed for a fashion "legend." Ru and Michele are having no fun and it shows. Watch Drag Race UK and see how much more invested they are, and how much more lifelike!

Season 2 UK is in the top 3 best seasons of Drag Race ever. A completely different show with the same format.

13 is the Worst Season of Drag Race. Ever. Terrible fashion, bad performances and boring ass contestants. Unwatchable.

Gottmik ain't that great. But she's going to win. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 148March 6, 2021 7:27 AM

Utica is the VILLAINTINA of the season

by Anonymousreply 149March 6, 2021 8:16 AM

[quote]It’s interesting to me that Rose’s confessional included shit about Utica being a bitch at dinner (off camera). Is this the first time off-camera stuff has been brought up on the show?

I think so, but hometown Minneapolis tea on Reddit and social media has been circulating for a while that she's not as nice as she tries to be on camera.

by Anonymousreply 150March 6, 2021 8:31 AM

Having separate on- and off-camera personalities is part of why production got rid of Max (and publicly humiliated her beforehand) in S7. She cultivated a fake-nice persona because her family was watching, but the other queens said later that she was as shady and bitchy as the rest of them when the cameras were off.

by Anonymousreply 151March 6, 2021 8:41 AM

I would have put Symone in the top, or even have had her win, but she has enough wins under her belt and the season probably wants to be more even. And Gotmik did great, however I am not sure if playing a rich white woman is really out of her wheelhouse.

Utica did the worst. Why did her Bob Ross have a southern accent? Why the fucking squirrel wig. That made NO sense. Bob Ross is proof that some white people have natural “afros”, so why didn’t she just wear the proper fucking wig. Serves her right for jumping on the SJW bandwagon without any critical thinking.

by Anonymousreply 152March 6, 2021 9:29 AM

We recently watched UK S2 Snatch Game. What a letdown last night. Gotmik was great, and she would have been great on any season in UK/US. But the rest - all of them, including Denali, Rose and Symone - felt stale.

For now, the UK is filming for gay people, and the US is filming for teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 153March 6, 2021 11:12 AM

I still like Utica and how her fucked up mind works. She is way waaaayyyyyy off. That squirrel wig and her reasoning? I mean, whut? Oookay. Unfortunately, it didn’t end up working at all, but it could have been genius. And I love that she works on her own clothes. And she’s a low key cunt. She’s got a lot going for her.

by Anonymousreply 154March 6, 2021 12:09 PM

My prediction based solely on the editing: top two will be Symone and Rose.

by Anonymousreply 155March 6, 2021 12:50 PM

Call me crazy, but I thought the squirrel afro was genius.

by Anonymousreply 156March 6, 2021 12:58 PM

FF R73 to hell

by Anonymousreply 157March 6, 2021 1:16 PM

kandy so fug, why she alive???????

by Anonymousreply 158March 6, 2021 1:31 PM

Rose? With all those fucking endless ruffles? Fuck no. Symone and Gottmik.

by Anonymousreply 159March 6, 2021 1:49 PM

If you’re gonna do Golden Girls, do Rose or Sophia. But also think of what they’d say and their delivery. And never, ever do Bob Ross.

by Anonymousreply 160March 6, 2021 1:52 PM

They were all terrible and I don't know about anyone else I hate Kandy more every week. Why she is still there is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 161March 6, 2021 2:01 PM

Wow, THAT was underwhelming. That Got stood out so much playing tired as fuck Paris Hilton just highlights how weak this cast is. Utica's squirrel wig could have been genius if there was a story FOR the character instead of some SJW blather. Agree that Olivia should have been lip synching based on her basic runway and equally terrible Snatch Game. And did Ru ask Kandy one single question during the game?

by Anonymousreply 162March 6, 2021 2:08 PM

I thought the JVN impersonation was decent, and Harriet Tubman a brave, inspired (Mary!) choice that got a few laughs. Paris was too easy, and I'm not a fan of the person playing her (I'll never get that name) but it wasn't total shite like Rue and Bob Ross, both who must be spinning in their graves.

by Anonymousreply 163March 6, 2021 2:09 PM

[quote]Rose? With all those fucking endless ruffles?

At least it had *some* shape and style to it, as opposed to Kandy wearing another amorphous blob of fabrics. Seriously, isn't this the second week she's presented the same style with last week being the "yellow look". I get that she's a big girl and can have problems finding the right forms, but there have been quite a few other large queens who killed the looks on the runway.

I agree that Gott was the best of the worst. Harriet Tubman and Mary, Queen on Scots were good choices because they didn't rely on exact vocal impersonations, given we don't know how they sounded, so the queens only had to play up their historical backgrounds. So many bad choices and impersonations though, enough to have had a bottom three - at least - lip syncing for their lives, but some were saved by the runway.

As already mentioned, Utica's Bob Ross was beyond terrible. The squirrel wig was a bad choice. I think it came from Utica trying to be SJW and trying to be "wacky". The problem is, Utica tries to be so over the top at times that she ceases to be funny. Compare her to some previous queens who played up the wackiness, but weren't on ALL the time. In addition to the wig, there was also the poor vocal impersonation and general attitude.

Finally, everyone's favorite, Kandy. Another fail in the Snatch Game. She wasn't presenting Patrick Starr, she was presenting Kandy Muse as Patrick Starr. I know she wasn't going to do much, given the inability to hide her accent, but she could have just sat there out of character and it would have read the same way. And, as already noted, her runway did her no favors. Then there was her ignorance in not knowing the difference between Ireland and Scotland and Rose's accent.

by Anonymousreply 164March 6, 2021 3:16 PM

Kandy simply made jokes about being hungry and fat, like in any other acting challenge.

I don't want to like GottMik, because I don't think bio females should be on this show, but she really is killing it.

Symone is a joy, and what a fun take to make Harriet so irreverent and political. That queen is a genius.

My thinking on the Utica reading queens at dinner was that she probably felt she failed at the reading challenge, and afterwards came up with what she thought were fun reads, to make up for it. I think she's such a people pleaser that it makes her seem shady to these more well rounded and socialized queens. They are just projecting their own shit on to Utica. Utica really is one of these introverts who wants so much to be liked that she tries way too hard. I used to be like that in high school, so I feel a kinship with her. I hope drag race gets her out of her shell and connected with the right people. She's truly a fabulous fashionista and incredibly creative. Plus, let's remember, most people fail at Snatch Game. The format is really tight and difficult for even well seasoned queens (look at Tina Burner).

Elliott Puckett is very similar to Utica - introverted and scared, but wants to be liked. Elliott uses her athleticism and dance abilities to perform, where Utica uses fashion. The queens tried projecting their shit on to her too, but in the end, people did like her because she made some confessions and showed vulnerability to the group. Smart move. I think she should have been Tonya Harding. The looks, the attitude, and the athletic body would have really served her well in being a bitchy skating icon.

Rose's star is rising. That was a great choice and was right on point for comedy. She could host her own commentary about drag race with that character.

I think Olivia is the real shady one in the bunch. Fake nice all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 165March 6, 2021 4:48 PM

R165 Denali would have clubbed Utica's legs if she dared play Tonya Harding in Snatch game.

I'm noticing this more and more each season, but I think a lot of the queens on the newer seasons are so fucking ENTITLED. Not all the queens, to be sure, but every episode there's a fucking confessional where several girls go ON AND ON about how "THEY DESERVE TO WIN THIS CHALLENGE" before the damn challenge has even started. Like, calm the fuck down. Then they pitch a fit when they're SAFE, not LOW, not lip syncing for their lives... BUT *SAFE*. They treat being safe as bad as LOSING. Sure, being safe isn't ideal because they aren't getting critiqued by the judges, but... girl... come on. Get some perspective.

I didn't notice this *so much* on earlier seasons and I'm not sure where it changed along the way. I think it's a result of having more queens on who grew up with the show and who think they know how to play the game. So when they fail at it, well... they act like spoiled babies. It's probably all editing, but it's super annoying and repetitive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 6, 2021 6:02 PM

Besides Joey and Rose, this has to be one of the ugliest seasons.

Kandy is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 167March 6, 2021 6:43 PM

R167 I think that LaLa Ri, Tamisha Iman and Symone all look fine, tbh. But it is a pretty hideous cast, all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 168March 6, 2021 6:45 PM

Kandy's fascinator was 12 feathers hot glued together on a piece of cardboard wrapped in fabric.

WTF????

She couldn't get the challenged correct so why is she still there and "safe?"

by Anonymousreply 169March 6, 2021 7:01 PM

R169 I saw similar descriptions of Kandy's fascinator online, including people asking "that was feathers" and yet her looks always make her safe?

by Anonymousreply 170March 6, 2021 7:15 PM

the runway wasn't "feathers"; it was "fascinators"

by Anonymousreply 171March 6, 2021 7:16 PM

[Quote] I saw similar descriptions of Kandy's fascinator online, including people asking "that was feathers" and yet her looks always make her safe?

Well, at least I'm not the only one who noticed.

by Anonymousreply 172March 6, 2021 7:26 PM

in the Untucked segment, they had the MTF judge come in and commend Mik about how it's about the "Art of Drag" and how brave! Ugggh. That means Mik is in the top2.

by Anonymousreply 173March 6, 2021 8:02 PM

mik has the same makeup every week. brave.

by Anonymousreply 174March 6, 2021 8:04 PM

The top 4 should be Symone, Rose, Gotmik and Denali.

by Anonymousreply 175March 6, 2021 8:08 PM

Got Mick looks kabuki more than drag.

by Anonymousreply 176March 6, 2021 8:21 PM

Wait, TS Madison or whatever her name is is TRANS?

I really didn't know. Wow. I did think her voice was a little husky, but just thought that was a big girl thing.

by Anonymousreply 177March 6, 2021 8:21 PM

Jesus the first fifteen minutes of the episode consisted of about ten minutes of Kunty Moose in the work room, Kunty Moose in the confessional, people reacting to Kunty Moose. What does she over the producers? Are the others really so utterly dull that she’s the only one worth giving any air time to?

by Anonymousreply 178March 6, 2021 8:24 PM

Utica said Carole Burnett is one of her comedy icons, so WTF DIDN'T SHE PLAY HER ON SNATCHGAME???

So many cues she could have used: tugging her ear, Tarzan yell, wearing curtains on a rod as a dress. What a wasted opportunity.

Tina's Richard Simmons wig was HORRIBLE. Should have been in the bottom just for that.

I had never heard of Tabitha Brown so I found her videos on Tik Tok. She's sweet, I liked her. But DEAR GOD even I picked up quickly that she has two catchphrases she's become "famous" for: "Like so, like that..." and "That's MY bizness!"

by Anonymousreply 179March 6, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote]Wait, TS Madison or whatever her name is is TRANS?

Apparently, the "TS" in TS Madison stands for 'Trans Sexual'. How very meta.

Been noticing the same thing as R178, and it was especially noticeable this week. With everything that goes on, we have to see and hear Kandy's reaction or opinion about it.

by Anonymousreply 180March 6, 2021 8:55 PM

Your idea that Utica play Carol Burnett is genius and correct R179. But Utica doesn't really know anything about Carol Burnett. I did love Symone and Rose choosing historical characters. Wish they had been funnier though.

Canada's Drag Race girls weren't afraid to play older DIVA characters that the older Drag Race Audience wants to see. And if they chose a young lesser known personality - they picked one with PERSONALITY. Gypsy Rose Blanchard?? Jojo Siwa. Hilarious in concept and execution. And JOAN RIVERS & LIZA too. Edith Piaf. An embarrassment of talents. So much fun.

Season 13 was seriously the worst Snatch Game of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181March 6, 2021 9:01 PM

So a woman dressing up as a woman is what passes for brave these days? Ok...

by Anonymousreply 182March 6, 2021 9:28 PM

Exactly r182 And when this fucking I'm a tranny, you're a tranny, wouldn't you like to be a tranny too fad passes (please god let it be soon), she'll likely get her tits stuffed back in, and go on her merry way to latch on to the next trend. I'm not saying she isn't talented, but she's a little too slick.

Maybe it's that same vibe some people were feeling toward Gigi in season 12. Certainly talented, truly gorgeous, but she had that slightly smug sauciness of a 21 year old that assumes they have the world by the tail, and everything figured out. It was a detriment in the end. I loved her look though, my god, and I hope to see her again soon.

Back to Mikwhatever (Heidi n Closet got the business from Ru for what was actually a fun drag name, but no one has said a peep about Mik's WTF choice of drag name? OK. *eyeroll*. No hazing or teasing the bio woman! Off limits!)

That said, I really can't see Ru giving her the crown. Runner up? Fine, whatever, but a bio woman winning drag race is not a precedent I want to see set. Fuck, we still haven't had a big queen win yet!

by Anonymousreply 183March 6, 2021 10:18 PM

Is Kandy popular among the teen age girls who watch this show? Or have they figured out who and what she really is?

by Anonymousreply 184March 6, 2021 10:23 PM

R184 I cannot figure it out either. It's obvious that Ru has some sort of fixation with Bulldog Aja. I doubt they'd let Kandy win, she probably just makes Ru laugh... which is inexplicable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 6, 2021 10:26 PM

I'm mystified why Kandy and Tina are still on this show. They both have extremely inflated and delusional ideas about how great they are, and every week, the best either of them can muster is "meh."

Kandy's Snatch Game was just Kandy with a turban. Tina's Richard Simmons was beyond awful. And what was up with the Southern accent? And as usual, Kandy's runway look was just piles of fabric. Jesus Christ, she couldn't even do an actual fascinator!

by Anonymousreply 186March 6, 2021 10:30 PM

The times I have seen Ru laughing is when she is laughing AT Kandy not because The Moose says or does something entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 187March 6, 2021 10:30 PM

Kandy bitching about how she couldn't understand Rose was hilarious. Hey, ya dumb cunt, you ever listen to yourself?

by Anonymousreply 188March 6, 2021 10:31 PM

R187 Oh that's exactly what I meant. I think Ru is entertained by Kandy trying to do drag and we're all suffering for it!!!

by Anonymousreply 189March 6, 2021 10:32 PM

R160 I actually think the way to do the Golden Girls is snatch game is to do a bit character. Of course you would have to use the actresses real name, but, you could just play them as the guest star.

I would play someone like Barbara Thorndyke, and just be very condescending and slightly racist. Use her main quotes from the episode to make Ru happy, and then adlib. Or, so Freda Claxton. Eat a prune danish, be mean, say her famous lines and then drop dead towards the end.

by Anonymousreply 190March 6, 2021 10:37 PM

R183 Ru probably can't comment on Gottmik's name because Ru would be "dead naming" her. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 191March 6, 2021 10:37 PM

I loathe Kandy, but I admit I’ve chuckled a couple of times at her. I have yet to be amused or impressed by Tina.

by Anonymousreply 192March 6, 2021 10:53 PM

Tina couldn't even do a Richard Simmons impersonation. She is Richard Simmons. The level of talent on and off the runway this year is in the basement. They can't even paint their faces well. And Ru and Michelle say NOTHING. They see what kind of shit they're shovelling to the finish line.

by Anonymousreply 193March 6, 2021 11:07 PM

Tina's ugly face makes me throw up in my mouth whenever she appears on screen.

by Anonymousreply 194March 6, 2021 11:16 PM

Does anyone else get bad vibes from Tina? There’s something very toxic about her. Also, Symone for the win! She’s leagues better than all of them and seems like a good egg.

by Anonymousreply 195March 6, 2021 11:17 PM

Keeping Kandy on the show is a way Ru can piss off fans and have them stop watching so he can finally retire.

by Anonymousreply 196March 6, 2021 11:22 PM

[Quote] Does anyone else get bad vibes from Tina? There’s something very toxic about her.

No Shit? Why do you think Kandy and Mik love her so much? ALL THREE ARE TOXIC CUNTS!!! Cancel all three of them!

by Anonymousreply 197March 6, 2021 11:24 PM

As BoB so loudly points out, there have been 5 episodes this season where NO ONE went home! This is audience abuse. Taking advantage of people during COVID. T.S. Madison works the corner, so let's have her guest judge again. Bitch got nothing to say and is a low level porn star. Raven is stuck here in quarantine doing my makeup - put her on Snatch Game!! Everyone sucks and I've decided Symone is going to win, but lets keep them all here as long as possible so Denali can flip her hair for an episode and walk the runway in Ice Skates. SHITE show.

I'd take back a few Emmy Awards from RuPaul at this point. Shameless to pretend that these queens are any good. Kandy is actually the best known of any of them. She was (briefly) an AA Girl with Willam and Alaska and she's is well known in New York. And well liked behind the scenes. This season is so over produced. Clearly no decent Drag Queens were willing to risk getting COVID to appear on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 6, 2021 11:34 PM

OMG whoever said Utica should have played Carol Burnett is SO 100% on point. That would have been genius!!

by Anonymousreply 199March 6, 2021 11:37 PM

Or she could have done an iconic Carol character like Eunice, Mrs. Wiggins, or—Ru's favorite—Blossom Butterworth from the "PTA Show" skit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200March 7, 2021 12:00 AM

Utica showed what she could do.

by Anonymousreply 201March 7, 2021 12:03 AM

Tine - change your color palette! I got tired of seeing the red and yellow a long time ago but it's almost every look. I forget where I heard it, but someone made the comment, "Where did she shop - the McDonald's employee store?" And not one of the judges has criticized her. (I think Michele may have early on, saying something like "I know it's your signature colors, but I'd love to see something different".) The judges' critiques are usually hit and miss - what's a flaw for one queen in praised in another while some are overlooked entirely - but this season's seem to be totally bizarre. Kandy being praised for shapeless dresses when others were called out for not having an shape? Queens being criticized for dressing to "costumey" but the likes of Utica almost always wearing some wacky get-up?

by Anonymousreply 202March 7, 2021 12:55 AM

Symones Harriet Tubman was one of my favorite characters on Snatch game in the last few seasons

by Anonymousreply 203March 7, 2021 12:58 AM

Kandy is still there because she’s provocative and entertaining. They need her to run her mouth. She’s not top 4 material, but they’ll keep her as long as they can.

DL’s reaction to her is completely predictable. Stay pressed, y’all.

Symone is definitely the most likable of the bunch, by far. Tina Burner is boring and on borrowed time at this point, but not as much as Utica. I wouldn’t have been mad about a double elimination this week.

by Anonymousreply 204March 7, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote] DL’s reaction to her is completely predictable. Stay pressed, y’all.

Ugh. This is in reference to Gotmik, not Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 205March 7, 2021 1:26 AM

R205 Some mental cunt appropriating gay culture...what is to like?

by Anonymousreply 206March 7, 2021 1:48 AM

If you were trying to get on Drag Race, wouldn't you create and practice your best Snatch Game impersonation even before you were accepted? Why do so many of them seem thrown together (poorly)? This year was a real letdown.

I thought: Utica is gonna kill this....she will actually have an excuse to be all-out zany. Then....no.

And Tina's Richard Simmons wig--I just stared in disbelief at that hair that was nothing like RS. How hard would it have been?

by Anonymousreply 207March 7, 2021 2:10 AM

You're grotesque R206. Stop being so foul. Hundreds of times on these threads. You're not very bright as your relentless racist hate speech reveals. For thousands of posts. Year after year. Now you hate fat Kandy and that "cunt" Gottmik too. We heard you the first 200 times. Put the bottle down and pick up a thesaurus.

by Anonymousreply 208March 7, 2021 2:34 AM

r207 I am constantly amazed at how bad Tina's make-up, outfits, performances are yet all these other queens are like "she is so good, I know her, she is so talented.." umm where? Her makeup is horrible. All she does is put on foundation and lipstick no drag aesthetic. Her outfits are just bad. This last one looked like it was mad from paper bags. The fit was horrible and she had a horse on her head? The other poster is right as well. He had a Vicki Lawrence wig on not a Richard Simmons wig on.

off-topic. Was it me or did Eliott just give up? No splits, do death drop...He sort of just phoned it in. I know he can dance and perform.

by Anonymousreply 209March 7, 2021 2:46 AM

Elliott saw the first 8 episodes and was depressed hunty. Drag Race 13 debuted on New Years Night. And there are still 8 queens left?

by Anonymousreply 210March 7, 2021 2:54 AM

I can now stand all of them, including Kandy (who still is a Pongo with a hairlip), but the transman still seems quite misplaced and a stunt contestant.

by Anonymousreply 211March 7, 2021 3:07 AM

R209 Elliott didn't even bother putting on lipstick, it looked like. She gave up. She was done. I didn't like her.

R208 You'd think the queens would practice their snatch game choice, but they just... don't. Their audition tape has to contain a snatch game character, so they know damn well.

I hope this doesn't summon a troll, but you can see what they have to do in their audition tapes in this video of Monet watching like 10 of her audition tapes. They *used to* have to do a sewing challenge in the audition as well, but not anymore. I think they also used to have to construct something out of unusual materials, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 7, 2021 3:08 AM

The queens do practice a snatch game choice. Some of them are just terrible at it. It's like the stand up performances.They are most always crude and dumb, but some people just aren't funny or hosing shows. Katya is one of the least funny queens ever as herself. I 've heard people here bitch about Kennedy Davenport's Little Richard and Trinity the Tucks Caitlyn Jenner. Both were great in different ways. One was a take off on the inspiration and the other was a damn great impersonation. Both were great at ad libbing to the questions and with other contestants. Both WON the Snatch Game. Old DL posters only want to see a voice impersonation of Carol Channing or Carol Burnett, Cher, or as Ru said (surprisingly to me) Pearl Bailey.

Jinkx scored against all odds as that woman from Grey Gardens. She had it down and knew how to play the game. Alaska sounded nothing like Mae West but had her rhythm and the repartee ready. Deliciously dirty.

But the "intellectual actress" Miz Cracker bombed as Dorothy Parker. Can't play a famous drunk wit with no wit and so much anxiety. Miz Cracker is no longer overrated. She's has nice wigs.

Even sleepy Pearl scored with broad strokes in Snatch Game and Alyssa Edwards charmed and Tatianna was hilarious in her responses as Britney Spears even though she looked and sounded nothing like Britney. As Ru says. Just be funny. Not that easy for so many of them to do. Or anyone. Never mind that what excites RuPaul is rather specific.

Ginger Minj, Bianca, Monet, Alyssa, Jinkx & Alaska are naturally funny people. So it turns out are Kennedy Davenport and Aquaria. Trinity the Tuck. Some have a quick witted response, others are good at creating a weirdly great character. Bendela is always praised for his impersonations. But he's about as funny as a baby's grave.

What was my point again? Yeah, they all sucked. Even Symone. Watch The Vivienne as Donald Trump again and see how it's done. Best Snatch Game performance ever. Prepared and hilarious. Acting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 7, 2021 3:38 AM

[quote]Fine, whatever, but a bio woman winning drag race is not a precedent I want to see set. Fuck, we still haven't had a big queen win yet!

Holy shit, some of you need to try an edible before you watch the show. It's just a silly competition-based reality tv show, not the alphabet war. Shit, I'd rather have a season with fourteen trans queens as good as Gottmik than one more Silky/Kandy in the cast. If it gets to the point where the sho doesn't entertain me anymore, I'll move on like I dropped my favorite reality show of all time, the Amazing Race. Not going to waste energy of something I hate. Go find the biggest dildo in your drawer, take a deep breath and chill the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 214March 7, 2021 12:38 PM

R214 I agree. At one time, Drag Race was really important for gay men. Now? It is past its prime anyway. Who cares who wins.

by Anonymousreply 215March 7, 2021 12:46 PM

"At one time, Drag Race was really important for gay men. Now?"

UK Drag Race is still for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 216March 7, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote] My thinking on the Utica reading queens at dinner was that she probably felt she failed at the reading challenge, and afterwards came up with what she thought were fun reads, to make up for it. I think she's such a people pleaser that it makes her seem shady to these more well rounded and socialized queens. They are just projecting their own shit on to Utica. Utica really is one of these introverts who wants so much to be liked that she tries way too hard. I used to be like that in high school, so I feel a kinship with her. I hope drag race gets her out of her shell and connected with the right people. She's truly a fabulous fashionista and incredibly creative. Plus, let's remember, most people fail at Snatch Game. The format is really tight and difficult for even well seasoned queens (look at Tina Burner).

Agree with all of this. Although I’m kind of living for the idea of low key Cuntica.

It’s beyond time for Tina to go. Her runways have been AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. Hideous colors, TERRIBLE fit, cheap looking, not funny, “camp” - which should never be in quotations because camp is an end in and of itself. She’s a mess and her performances don’t make up for it. She was bad in Snatch. Not funny. At all. Bye.

Someone needs to explain to me the obsession with the house of Aja or whatever. Every single girl to come out of there is a fucking disaster. HIDEOUS. Kandy is no exception and her ghetto drawl and producer fixation doesn’t make up for it. Bye.

I’m also ready for Olivia to go. Smiles and teeth don’t save you. Her delusional belief in herself in Snatch game shows how completely not ready she is for the limelight. She needs some time for seasoning. Come back in three years. Bye.

I just can’t hate Gottmik, although I don’t think she should have won Snatch or that runway. It should have been Symone. But she clearly gets drag and is somehow making her own way and she’s playing by the gay rules. So leave her alone. She’s good and she knows what she’s doing.

Is Denali still there? Do you care?

Rosé is just a big meh for me. I just don’t care. The Mary was passable, nothing extraordinary. She’s an okay singer and performer, again nothing a freshman at a music theater conservatory couldn’t do a thousand times better. I can’t get past the ruching and ruffles. She’s not going to win. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 217March 7, 2021 1:14 PM

The US show needs to do a better job of searching for a broader geographic diversity. Break LA/Chicago/New York.

by Anonymousreply 218March 7, 2021 1:21 PM

[quote]Go find the biggest dildo in your drawer

You seem to live in a place of interesting drawers.

by Anonymousreply 219March 7, 2021 1:23 PM

I am shocked that no one has ever done Brett Sommers from Match Game.

by Anonymousreply 220March 7, 2021 1:33 PM

I officially stopped watching last week due to all the shit around Kandy. It’s quite liberating. Hey getting on social and saying “you know you bitches are gonna watch anyway”

No. I don’t need or want obnoxious overbearing people in my life.

by Anonymousreply 221March 7, 2021 1:42 PM

r221 Kandy has a response for you "HUIEIHFHSAOGKLSDUUDPSPDddgjpdogposdpgpoODiouiospdupg"

by Anonymousreply 222March 7, 2021 1:52 PM

R222. Exactly!

In The Pitstop this week, Bob the Drag Queen basically said the same thing. I’m glad someone is saying it, someone who is not a GWM.

by Anonymousreply 223March 7, 2021 1:58 PM

BTDQ has a good eye for good television.

by Anonymousreply 224March 7, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote]I am shocked that no one has ever done Brett Sommers from Match Game.

Don't take this the wrong way, but isn't that the basic problem that some of you have with this show. Basically, you've aged out of it. The majority of the audience who watches this show and most of the queens competing on the show have no idea who Brett Sommers is or some of the other people you guys want them to do.

Young gays have different references and different faves as do teen girls than us "seasoned" gays.

by Anonymousreply 225March 7, 2021 2:04 PM

It’s kind of sad too,R p225, that young queens like Kandy Moose don’t know who Mary, Queen of Scots is. They would do well to put down their Instagram and TikTok accounts once in awhile and pick up a history book.

by Anonymousreply 226March 7, 2021 2:10 PM

Please! Nobody knows who that infidel Mary is anymore! Serves her right.

by Anonymousreply 227March 7, 2021 2:16 PM

R218 The show should have stopped casting queens from New York after they cast the QUEEN of New York.

by Anonymousreply 228March 7, 2021 2:16 PM

R225 I this isn't a new phenomena. I still remember queens from Season 5 not knowing about Grey Gardens and Little Edie. That surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 229March 7, 2021 2:24 PM

Kandy could have done Ethel Waters.......on crack......

by Anonymousreply 230March 7, 2021 2:38 PM

R230 - or Beulah!

by Anonymousreply 231March 7, 2021 2:40 PM

Agreed with r229, when Drag Race first started the contestants were almost entirely working class queens who knew diva tracks and pageant/ball culture and not much else. Pandora Boxx got a tongue bath for that mediocre Carol Channing!

RPDR has given drag a mainstream audience, but it also has made drag “safe” for college-educated middle class gays. Someone like Rosé wouldn’t have been doing drag in 2009. I’d also say that meme culture, youtube and gay Twitter etc. allow queens access to tropes and gives them reference points they wouldn’t otherwise have had.

by Anonymousreply 232March 7, 2021 2:47 PM

I hope Ru doesn't make the same mistake he did a few seasons ago and pick Olivia as the winner - a pageant queen with no discernible talent. I can't remember her name, but a talentless pageant girl was the winner one season, and she immediately disappeared.

Being able to put on makeup and wear pretty dresses doesn't mean you're actually a good drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 233March 7, 2021 2:58 PM

That is a very good point R232. We are now living in the era of Disneyland drag.

by Anonymousreply 234March 7, 2021 3:00 PM

Wow R234 - that made me think. Why has no one done Annette Funicello or even Connie Francis on Snatch Game?

by Anonymousreply 235March 7, 2021 3:02 PM

Season 13 continues to be a shit season in my opinion. And that had to be one of the worst Snatch Game's ever!! Every queen knows that if they got onto Drag Race, they may make it to the Snatch Game episode, and yet every season, there are queens who remain completely unprepared, unfunny and their act lands with a dull thud.

I think Utica could have slayed as Carol Burnett. And instead of Rue McClanahan, Elliott should have tried Blanche Devereaux instead; that could have worked. I have no clue who the Moose played, or tried to play, and all she did was throw in a few "bitch" here and there.

I hate this cast and I hate this season.

by Anonymousreply 236March 7, 2021 3:10 PM

R236 Elliott couldn’t have done Blanche Devereaux as “Blanche Devereaux,” so that’s why she did Rue. The queens can’t do copyrighted characters, but they can portray the actors. Hence Ben Delacreme as Maggie Smith as the Dowager Cuntess or Stacey Layne Matthews as Mo’Nique as Precious’ mother.

by Anonymousreply 237March 7, 2021 3:17 PM

I know what drag is, of course. But what bothers me about Kandy Muse is that there's no transformation. It's just like Tyra Sanchez. They look exactly like themselves, with a bunch of makeup slapped onto their face. Their appearances aren't even improved by any of it.

And Kandy's looks are crap. On par with Adore Delano.

by Anonymousreply 238March 7, 2021 3:25 PM

Why can't they get any decent celeb judges?

by Anonymousreply 239March 7, 2021 3:52 PM

The pandemic, dummy!

by Anonymousreply 240March 7, 2021 4:02 PM

I watched the latest UK episode with rapture.

I tried to watch the latest US episode, but just skipped to the lip sync as soon as I remembered I find virtually none of the cast likable, and the production is so heavy handed.

by Anonymousreply 241March 7, 2021 5:10 PM

Drag Race used to be fun. Bitchy, campy, fun. And all that came with that. I have never done drag nor have I been part of any drag scene as a fan or interloper, but the show reminded me of first coming out in Los Angeles, discovering a click of young, likeminded gays as friends, and then having a blast everywhere we went. That joy has been sucked out of the show. It's all manufactured now - even more than the first few seasons.

Oh well. Like my once amazing ass, nothing lasts forever.

by Anonymousreply 242March 7, 2021 5:44 PM

Tina and Rose remind me of Bob the Drag Queen: a femmy guy who wants to perform and sees drag as his entree to the stage. There's nothing wrong with that but it makes them boring drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 243March 7, 2021 6:01 PM

I enjoyed seeing Raven, who looked great with that fabulous tan. As usual, she self admittedly didn't give a fuck. She's a cool, often cold customer with most people, and I don't think it's an act. The notable exception, at least that my withered brain can recall at the moment is when she and Jujubee are together. Jujubee brings out a playful and dare I say sweet side of Raven. I went down a J/R rabbit hole, and found this fun little Besties for Cash they did a while back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 7, 2021 6:09 PM

R220 I also wanted to see that, or Charles Nelson Riley. The only people I can see doing that would be Pandora on the next season of all stars (I am glad she has another chance).

But as the years go by, it is less and less likely. I didn’t know who 3 people were (Who ever Kandy, Olivia or Denali were), but I suppose thats the show now.

I am sure Ru would love it however.

by Anonymousreply 245March 7, 2021 6:11 PM

Raven has been canceled by Reddit for "black fishing", whatever that means.

by Anonymousreply 246March 7, 2021 6:33 PM

I had to Google it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 7, 2021 6:44 PM

Putting that on on Raven is ridiculous, but whatever. So now being able to tan deeply is cultural appropriation. Great, I'm on that bus I guess. At least back when I left the house.

This shit is really getting out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 248March 7, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote]Dr. Saltz acknowledges that not everyone who blackfishes is aware of the cultural implications of treating ethnic features and styles as a trend or commodity. "This is feeling secure enough to do whatever you would like to your body, irrespective of the implications of this," says Dr. Saltz. "We're in a time where we're understanding that it's never just a 'style' and they're fraught with real suffering."

[quote]Bow wants those who blackfish to consider that they have the ability to stop the charade at any time. "You have the freedom to walk away from that. Black people do not have that freedom," says Bow. "They can't pick and choose or compartmentalize. That's the notion of the privilege of it—the idea of taking it on as a masquerade or a costume though it appears to be an homage, like a Halloween costume."

Lots of people want to be black or indulge in code switching. Don't do it.

by Anonymousreply 249March 7, 2021 7:00 PM

Raven seems to have responded by posting a photo of his naturally tan ten-year-old self.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 7, 2021 7:19 PM

It ain’t right that Raven looks darker than Ru.

by Anonymousreply 251March 7, 2021 7:28 PM

I lost brain cells reading the comments on this Reddit thread about Raven on the Snatch Game. Everyone wants to show they're "in" by jumping on the woke outrage du jour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 7, 2021 7:28 PM

Utica tried to be 'woke' this week and look where it got her: bottom 2, nearly eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 253March 7, 2021 7:35 PM

Go woke, Go broke.

by Anonymousreply 254March 7, 2021 7:37 PM

Raven was even more gorgeous and skinty when she appeared on Drag Race UK this year. Dark, very dark. He's darker than a redbone, that's for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 7, 2021 7:45 PM

r252 Exactly. Talk about considering the source.

r253 So true. At least it was weird/trippy. Both Bob Ross AND Richard Simmons had/have natural afros. I'm surprised the queen with the tired red and yellow "branding" (of all color combinations) didn't get any critiques for that tragic mess of a wig on his head. I don't remember his excuse for that stupid choice unless he did and I missed it.

I have to say, I'm missing Drag Race UK even MORE right now. I think perhaps the 14 year old wokelettes and the Reddit crowd doesn't understand their style and humor enough to go gunning for them. Sadly, I give it one more season, and then the cancel cunts will likely come for them too. Unless, cancel culture is canceled by then. One can only hope.

by Anonymousreply 256March 7, 2021 7:48 PM

It's odd that for most queens in Snatch Game, they try to pay some homage to their choices by keeping a resemblance to the look, voices and mannerisms but also exaggerating them. As noted, I wonder how much time - if any - Utica actually spent watching Bob Ross. The squirrel afro was all wrong on so many levels but so was the entire face and look. Since when did Bob Ross wear earrings (WTF?!) or have a Satanic looking pointed beard? Where was his soothing, calming voice? It was as if Utica was making fun of Bob Ross not imitating him.

by Anonymousreply 257March 7, 2021 8:10 PM

It was wrong on every level r257. I mean, the fucking green spray paint? WTF? I hope someone picks his character up in the next snatch game, whenever that will be, to do him justice. Bob was such a fabulous soul.

by Anonymousreply 258March 7, 2021 8:15 PM

I've always hated Raven makeup, hair and everything else. I think her look sucks! So much over contouring to make it look real but it never does. Kind of like Roxxy who over contours her nose so much it's now invisible. Plus, Raven is a nasty cunt who never get called out on her bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 259March 7, 2021 8:29 PM

I read a comment somewhere else trying to justify Utica's squirrel wig by mentioning that Bob Ross took care of squirrels... WHY didn't Utica mention that? It would have "elevated" the wig and been a good joke. I wonder if she mentioned it and they edited it out to make her look stupid. Somehow, I doubt that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 7, 2021 8:52 PM

fatty kandy shouda been gone after the first lip sync fail

by Anonymousreply 261March 7, 2021 9:58 PM

R260 Bob Ross was also a Master Sargeant in the U.S. Air Force. Why didn't Utica make that uniform part of her look? The fact is, if Ross DID take care of squirrels, it's not well-known enough to help such a look. Utica's appearance and performance were complete fails.

by Anonymousreply 262March 7, 2021 10:35 PM

I love her. (not utica - gross) Symone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 7, 2021 10:43 PM

FUCKING TRUTH, R261

by Anonymousreply 264March 7, 2021 10:53 PM

Bob Ross was an incredibly stupid choice R257. Ru clearly warned Utica not to do it but Utica completely ignored Ru. Utica should have gone.

The whole snatch game this year was very low quality and everyone was forgettable except the Paris Hilton character. Gottmik was excellent, nailed it and really deserved that win and I say that as someone who is not a fan of Gottmik.

Like others have said - UK Drag Race is so much better on every level. I wonder what the Australian/New Zealand version of Drag Race Down Under is going to be like? I saw a really bad promo on Stan the other day with Michelle introducing the queens and some of them look pretty basic... I thought they would have had at least one Maori or Aboriginal drag queen but no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265March 7, 2021 11:00 PM

Forgot to add - I have to turn the fucking subtitles on to understand what Kandy is even saying. Sometimes I have to rewind and watch something twice to finally get it...

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 266March 7, 2021 11:02 PM

R265 Agree. Would have loved Buckwheat or Tess Tickle to have been on Down Under. Wiglet is lucky she has money...

by Anonymousreply 267March 7, 2021 11:29 PM

I think Jojo Zaho is Aboriginal.

by Anonymousreply 268March 7, 2021 11:45 PM

Utica’s Bob Ross was one of the worst Snatch Game performances in herstory. I couldn’t even look at her after she licked that paint and her mouth was green. Absolutely disgusting. As terrible as Elliott and Olivia were, Utica shit the bed.

And why didn’t Ru read Tina for her awful Richard Simmons wig that was all wrong. Tina is the biggest disappointment of the season. Everyone in New York claims she’s hilarious, but she hasn’t even found “mildly amusing” during her time on Drag Race.

With Utica, Tina, Kandy and Denali as obvious queens left to go home, this is turning into a slog of a season, even though Symone is one of my favorite queens to ever be on the show.

by Anonymousreply 269March 7, 2021 11:52 PM

They will not send Kandy home. They will keep her until the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 270March 7, 2021 11:54 PM

Kandy is final four. With Rosé, Symone and the womanly trans person.

by Anonymousreply 271March 8, 2021 12:16 AM

Denali as JVN was the cutest thing EVER!! I love Denali so much. I realize she isn’t going to win and don’t get the indifference towards her. That first (real) lip sync where she makes the throat slitting gesture at all the other queens while lip syncing “I’m gonna be here til the end” was genius.

I. Love. Denali.

by Anonymousreply 272March 8, 2021 12:16 AM

If Gottmik makes top 3 and doesn't win, the twitter and reddit SJWs are going to go mental

by Anonymousreply 273March 8, 2021 12:18 AM

Hell, look at how she's being handled with kid gloves HERE.

"Get over it" "stay pressed" "leave her alone"

Mik is a rich white woman about to become a hundred thousand dollars richer (sorry Symone), she don't need your help. She's not oppressed.

by Anonymousreply 274March 8, 2021 12:55 AM

r225 gurl I am 25 but have GSN - It was RPDR that made me watch the match game and I fucking love that show. It would be a gold mine for any queen to spend an hour so watching it to get an idea. Brett Somers is easy to do and would make Ru laugh. Bendelacreme did Paul Lynde, Nina West did Joanne Whorley - pick a fucking classic guest.

by Anonymousreply 275March 8, 2021 12:56 AM

r269 excatly!! Tina is a terribad drag queen. Why is everyone pretending she is good? Her make up is terrible, her outfits are terrible, her humor is bad. How she has not been read for those Ronald McDonald outfits yet is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 276March 8, 2021 12:59 AM

R275, you're not fooling anyone 'gurl'

LMFAO, you're at least 68 years old if you've lived a day. Gurl. Who the fuck says gurl ? And who the fuck is Brett Somers? Joanne Whorely???

Bendelacreme is creepy. The least liked queen by all the others.

by Anonymousreply 277March 8, 2021 1:21 AM

Utica has her looks and maybe they are on point 70% of the time. Everything else she has zero for RPDR. How the fuck did she get on the show? Did her parents tell her over and over how talented and funny she was? THEY LIED!

by Anonymousreply 278March 8, 2021 1:22 AM

I remember when Kennedy doing Little Richard for Snatch Game was considered a risky choice because he was a male. Now 4 of the 9 people impersonated were males and it wasn’t even mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 279March 8, 2021 1:42 AM

Mik had the advantage because she personally know PARIS HILTON! Easy snatch for her.

by Anonymousreply 280March 8, 2021 2:05 AM

So what R280? Mik was the only one who performed a fully realized character AND looked and sounded like her too. She WON. She deserved to win. Give it a rest.

Knowing someone does not give you talent to become them. Weird ugly hating fuck face. Go back to your Kandy posts for a while. You bore me R280. With your CAPS!

by Anonymousreply 281March 8, 2021 2:16 AM

r281 true Trixie knew RuPaul and sucked ass as her.

by Anonymousreply 282March 8, 2021 2:41 AM

Nicole Kidman as Tim Gunn. Snatch Game 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 8, 2021 3:17 AM

R281 A woman impersonated a woman, how fucking ground breaking.

by Anonymousreply 284March 8, 2021 4:30 AM

And how many contestants who are men have impersonated men on Snatch Game R284? Utica, Denali, Tina Burner, Bendelacreme, Kennedy Davenport, The Vivienne.... etc.

Not to mention the drag queens who impersonated OTHER drag queens for snatch game - how fucking ground breaking.

GottMik did a great job as Paris Hilton.

Live with you old fat racist fag @ R284.

by Anonymousreply 285March 8, 2021 4:38 AM

You tone seems very pointed, for some cock enabling a woman, (a fucking rich white woman) to appropriate gay male culture. Mick can fuck off and start her own competition, where women dress as women. It can be called 'LIFE EVERYDAY FOR HER'.

by Anonymousreply 286March 8, 2021 4:55 AM

I'm certainly not the first person to mention this, but I think would be interesting is if someone (not Ru, and don't let WoW near it either) would produce a version of Drag Race for drag kings. That is an area yet to be ruined by Disneyfication and 14 year old Frauen-in-training.

I could see Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner getting behind this financially and creatively to make this happen. I knew about Lily's character Tommy Velour, but I didn't know she also had two other male characters. From Wiki:

Tomlin was one of the first female comedians to break out in male drag with her characters Tommy Velour and Rick. In 1982, but later popularized by a January 22, 1983 Saturday Night Live appearance, she premiered Pervis Hawkins, a black rhythm-and-blues soul singer (patterned after Luther Vandross), with a mustache, beard, and close-cropped afro hairstyle, dressed in a three-piece suit. Tomlin used very little, if any, skin-darkening cosmetics as part of the character, instead depending on stage lighting to create the effect.

by Anonymousreply 287March 8, 2021 7:57 AM

[quote]Mick can fuck off and start her own competition

Well, she's on THIS competition, not because she strapped a bomb around her chest and forced everyone to include her but because the producers wanted her on the show. You're the one voluntarily watching a competition reality show. You are not oppressed. Change the channel, go for a walk, hit the gym, volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 288March 8, 2021 1:08 PM

Utica don't need no edit to make her look stupid. He's doing fine all by himself.

by Anonymousreply 289March 8, 2021 1:32 PM

R288 worse even than a bomb struck to her, it was the screaming of the preteen/barely teen female I AM QUEER self identified audience that made this shit happen in my view, because it was trendy lambs (someone please silence them) and the SJWs, that got Mik on this show. Even Bob, the go to of SJWs has a begrudging vibe toward Mik. I think the idea of a Drag King show is great. If Mik is really truly doing this because she really truly feels she's a man deep down, she would be a good host for that Drag King Race idea. She's certainly not without talent. I thought the rumor that she was loaded was just that. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 290March 8, 2021 1:34 PM

Sorry, STUCK to her

by Anonymousreply 291March 8, 2021 1:35 PM

I really thought Symone was gonna win that. So I was shocked that she wasn’t even in the top. She took a huge risk and was funny and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 292March 8, 2021 1:48 PM

GOTTMIK is a trans man doing drag. Nothing wrong with that. Man dressing as woman = DRAG.

by Anonymousreply 293March 8, 2021 2:20 PM

*sighs* The mind is male, but the body is still female, no matter how much you inject or cut it up.

by Anonymousreply 294March 8, 2021 2:27 PM

r294 - she does not have breasts which most drag queens put on boobs for queens.com boobs. Her face is angular, which if you go back and look at older makeup videos you can clearly see he had a more rounded woman's face before he transitioned. I think it is more "Drag" like for GOTTMIK to be in it than say, Peppermint who takes female hormones and has breasts, or Gia Gunn who has transitioned.

by Anonymousreply 295March 8, 2021 4:59 PM

r295, the body appears to be superficially male, but they still have a vagina, and if they stopped taking testosterone, they would get their periods back and could possibly conceive a baby. There's only so much you change.

by Anonymousreply 296March 8, 2021 5:31 PM

Would they name the kid Ru?

by Anonymousreply 297March 8, 2021 5:46 PM

no, because after this season is done Mik will denounce Ru as a transphobe like all the other trans contestants have (based off memory, I don't have a spreadsheet going)

by Anonymousreply 298March 8, 2021 5:50 PM

Of course she will - it's the nature of the beast.

by Anonymousreply 299March 8, 2021 9:13 PM

Wait a minute - i thought Kandy was the beast...

by Anonymousreply 300March 9, 2021 2:24 AM

When does fat Kandy get eliminated?

by Anonymousreply 301March 9, 2021 2:34 AM

Symone gets another endorsement from the queen of wigs and mirror time and odd Snatch Games....Alyssa Edwards!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 9, 2021 2:35 AM

nevah BITCH, R301, thomayagottameareadydoneherthokay?

by Anonymousreply 303March 9, 2021 5:54 AM

Why doesn't Ru cast San Francisco queens? Are they THAT bad?

by Anonymousreply 304March 10, 2021 3:20 AM

Yes they are. THIS bad - Honey Mahogany and Rock M. Sakura are the only San Francisco queens of the almost 200 that Drag Race has cast.

by Anonymousreply 305March 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Everyone is talking about Tina's wig, but can we talk about how she didn't even stone the tank top?!? Richard Simmons always had a rhinestoned tank top. She should have been in the bottom for that. And as Rose's character had a French accent in real life right? Didn't Mary Queen of Scots grow up in France?

by Anonymousreply 306March 10, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote]Didn't Mary Queen of Scots grow up in France?

She did. Her mother was French and her first husband was the King of France who died young.

However, had she spoke in a French accent you'd have Ru or the judges or the contestants wondering why she was doing that. If Rosé knew this about MQoS's childhood, she probably decided to keep it simple and have her speaking like a Scotswoman.

by Anonymousreply 307March 10, 2021 3:36 AM

I really think that Snatch Game is the most anticipated challenge because when queens are good... it's SO GOOD. When they're bad they're BAD. Every season's Snatch Game seems to go down in history as "the worst" Snatch Game. I've been re-watching season 4 (this pandemic has to end... I've re-watched Season 6 and Season 11, thus far) and their Snatch Game wasn't that great, either!!!

Tina Burner didn't even have a fucking AFRO wig on, it was a teased "regular" wig.

It's strange that two queens have done Rue McClanahan. Wouldn't Bea Arthur or Betty White be better? She's not much of a personality, anyone who's seen the Golden Girls knows that. I think Ru would be tickled by a contestant doing a no-nonsense Bea Arthur. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 308March 10, 2021 3:42 AM

Season 8 was the first RDPR season after I first started visiting Datalounge, and damn near every year Snatch Game gets declared here as the "worst everrrrrr" so I just pass over those kinds of comments.

However, Season 4's Snatch Game really WAS a disaster. The constant twitching from Kenya, Phi Phi and Milan was irritating. 'Level of unprofessionalism' / 'level of fuckery' in the front row - Latrice and Willam said it all right there.

by Anonymousreply 309March 10, 2021 3:50 AM

R309 Season 4 was the first season I watched, but I must have forgot about how awful the Snatch Game was. I swear, I think Latrice even started to CRY in untucked (which I haven't gotten to yet) or the episode following it because it was so awful!!!

(Ok my burning question about season 4 -- the drama with Phi Phi and Sharon was supposedly "set up" between the two of them, correct? I swear I read that somewhere. But Phi Phi's hatred of Willam was real, apparently. I really don't know what to think about Phi Phi as I re-watch it.)

by Anonymousreply 310March 10, 2021 3:58 AM

Raven with a tan is "blackfishing" but Gotmik is not appropriating gay male culture? The double standard is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 311March 10, 2021 4:00 AM

I heard the same thing about Phi Phi and Sharon, R310. It was in this interview excerpt (the whole thing is also on YouTube if you want to track it down) where I first heard it.

In rewatching S4, it's believable that the two of them decided to create 'fake drama' for screen time. Hell, both of them must have watched S3 and how much of the focus was on Raja vs Shangela. It turned out to be a smart strategy - "go back to Party City where you belong" is still quoted today, and Sharon got a ton of sympathy leading up to her win.

I will also never not be convinced that Phi Phi had some real, non-manufactured resentment towards Willam because she regarded her as a failed actor with a massive ego, and not a 'true' drag queen. Every time they were in the same room in Untucked and Willam said [italic]anything[/italic], Phi Phi would shoot daggers at her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312March 10, 2021 4:07 AM

Willam IS a failed actor and a sociopath. Phi Phi was a drag Queen. She recently retired.

by Anonymousreply 313March 10, 2021 4:12 AM

Fighting about the best Snatch Games is pretty silly, because most of them are pretty bad and they all are more bad than good. But Season 6 had Bianca as Judge Judy, Bendela as Maggie Smith and a pretty amusing Real Housewives of Jersey Teresa from Joslyn Fox. Darienne was passable as Paula Dean and Adore SCORED as Anna Nicole. Season 6 is one of the better Snatch Games.

by Anonymousreply 314March 10, 2021 4:17 AM

Drag Race UK Season 1 has the best Snatch Game anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 315March 10, 2021 11:18 AM

HEE HEE HEE! Kandy Gurl (R303) you are hilarious!!! Love you!!!

by Anonymousreply 316March 10, 2021 2:12 PM

Kandy's career will go down the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 317March 11, 2021 4:30 AM

[quote]Why doesn't Ru cast San Francisco queens? Are they THAT bad?

A SF queen named Honey Mahogany was cast on S5 but got sent home in week four with another queen, Vivienne Pinay, in the show's first-ever double sashay. Lovely queen, but not loved by the judges due to her lackluster runways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 11, 2021 4:47 AM

R303 must be the REAL Kandy because I understand none of it.

None of it.

by Anonymousreply 319March 11, 2021 6:57 AM

Rock M. Sakura was interviewed on a local news station here in SF this week, and she was smart, hilarious, quick-witted, and never missed a beat. THAT'S what makes a great drag queen.

None of the queens this season have a sharp sense of humor or a modicum of comic timing.

by Anonymousreply 320March 11, 2021 1:16 PM

[quote]Rock M. Sakura

Who?

by Anonymousreply 321March 11, 2021 1:19 PM

R321 She was a contestant on Drag Race Season Season 12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 11, 2021 1:40 PM

And she got fucked in public......and loved it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 11, 2021 3:06 PM

I was being facetious since she was the second to go home in her season.

by Anonymousreply 324March 11, 2021 3:20 PM

R324 And is still crying

by Anonymousreply 325March 11, 2021 7:01 PM

Rock M Sakura did a fart joke and squatted during the rusical. And made constant references to farting in the workroom. He's low class entertainment, even for Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 326March 12, 2021 12:12 AM

I wonder who goes home tonight? I know it ain't me, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 327March 12, 2021 3:36 PM

Just watched the latest episode of UK and am blown away by their level of talent compared to what’s on offer here. Would love to see Lawrence or Bimini go head to head with some of the train wrecks in the US.

by Anonymousreply 328March 12, 2021 5:06 PM

^ would be intentional murder of the US queen

by Anonymousreply 329March 12, 2021 5:10 PM

Now I want to see Kandy vs. Lawrence

by Anonymousreply 330March 12, 2021 8:15 PM

oh, weird, r330. but that makes complete sense now.

by Anonymousreply 331March 12, 2021 8:16 PM

CHARmin can wipe my ass

by Anonymousreply 332March 13, 2021 12:19 AM

Worst episode ever.

by Anonymousreply 333March 13, 2021 12:51 AM

WTF with RuPaul asking Gottmik if she's Black Irish. That's... different.

by Anonymousreply 334March 13, 2021 12:56 AM

Who got the boot tonight?

by Anonymousreply 335March 13, 2021 1:00 AM

You know about Black Irish, right?

by Anonymousreply 336March 13, 2021 1:00 AM

R335 - all of them, ideally.

by Anonymousreply 337March 13, 2021 1:00 AM

R336 Oh, of course, but it just seemed like a strange moment!!

I'm cracking up at Utica being too woke to live another week. She's going to get booted this episode, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 338March 13, 2021 1:02 AM

I want to love Symone but the personality just isn’t there

by Anonymousreply 339March 13, 2021 1:27 AM

I wouldn't be mad if Loni Love became a permanent judge. Her critiques are miles ahead of the drivel that Ross spews.

by Anonymousreply 340March 13, 2021 1:28 AM

Worst sashay ever.

by Anonymousreply 341March 13, 2021 1:32 AM

Is this the first time they're re-cycled a lip sync song?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342March 13, 2021 1:34 AM

[Quote] Worst sashay ever.

I'll take that fat asses fat ass wasn't kick off.

by Anonymousreply 343March 13, 2021 1:36 AM

The sashay just wasn’t fair. I won’t spoil it. It was just literally unfair.

by Anonymousreply 344March 13, 2021 1:38 AM

Kandy can never just answer a simple question, instead it turns into a dialogue about how she's the most oppressed contestant ever, and what's worse is the judges praised her for it. She's sticking up for herself, the Bronx came out...F OFF.

by Anonymousreply 345March 13, 2021 2:02 AM

SHENANIGANS!! I call shenanigans! That was the most unfair elimination I’ve ever seen! She couldn’t even do a split in that borrowed dress.

by Anonymousreply 346March 13, 2021 2:03 AM

I’m horrified. That was a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 347March 13, 2021 2:09 AM

Guess Olivia isn't winning Miss Congeniality anymore! [italic]Why[/italic] did she choose such a generic pageant-y look for Denali?

Well-deserved win for Symone and Utica. Utica doing Symone's walk on the runway made me laugh out loud a couple times.

by Anonymousreply 348March 13, 2021 3:47 AM

You’re disappointed about dull Denali going home? Um, okay. Was she even in this competition?

FORGETTABLE.

NEXT.

by Anonymousreply 349March 13, 2021 3:49 AM

Who LSFTL tonight? Which two?

by Anonymousreply 350March 13, 2021 4:33 AM

Kandy makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 351March 13, 2021 7:03 AM

I'm sorry, if you put the Kandified Mik on the stage, you would not immediately think "Oh that's Kandy's brand", and I would have thought, "Oh that's Kim Chi" with the Mikkified Kandy. What a bunch of whiny bullshit.

It was nice seeing Utica not act like a ADD Praying Mantis on stage for once.

by Anonymousreply 352March 13, 2021 1:21 PM

I hope Utica keeps some of that Symone swagger. Much more potential in her without the stupid mugging and clowning.

by Anonymousreply 353March 13, 2021 1:26 PM

I think Denali was the only person who thought she had a chance to win this thing.

Rose is a very cute boy, but very hard to look at in drag. I can’t figure it out, but there is nothing pretty or interesting about her painted face...or any of her looks, really.

Lord help me, but I’m starting to hate Tina even more than Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 354March 13, 2021 1:31 PM

Time to put Bruce in drag, and get the queens on water skis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355March 13, 2021 1:36 PM

I didn't watch last night, but let me guess - Kandy and Tina sucked hard but were praised and waved through?

by Anonymousreply 356March 13, 2021 1:38 PM

[Quote]SHENANIGANS!! I call shenanigans! That was the most unfair elimination I’ve ever seen! She couldn’t even do a split in that borrowed dress.

[Bold]MARY! R346[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 357March 13, 2021 1:40 PM

Kandy becomes more loathsome with every episode.

Her speech onstage showed the depth of her delusion......she and NotGottDik are a perfect pair......two wastes of time and fabric.

by Anonymousreply 358March 13, 2021 1:50 PM

Kandy was praised for clapping back on stage.

Denali was right. GotMik looked like Tina Burner.

by Anonymousreply 359March 13, 2021 1:51 PM

They praised her because they didn't understand a word that came out of her mush mouth.......

by Anonymousreply 360March 13, 2021 1:57 PM

Denali and Olivia R350.

by Anonymousreply 361March 13, 2021 1:57 PM

Rose and Tina are ugly to look at in drag. Tina is ugly both in and out of drag. UGLY!!! Yes, Kandy Moose is also ugly both ways. That is mkre than painfully obvious. I only like Utica and Symone. Olivia is a fake cunt former fatty. GOTTDIK has interesting looks and good makeup skills, but the bitch has a vag. This season is just sad.

by Anonymousreply 362March 13, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote]Olivia is a fake cunt former fatty.

Former?

by Anonymousreply 363March 13, 2021 2:04 PM

R362 you're right......last night was the first episode where Olivia looked fat especially when she was trying on Denali's costumes.....and it's the first time I remember seeing her without her hat......it wasn't pretty.

by Anonymousreply 364March 13, 2021 2:17 PM

Everyone hates everything this season. I'm not sure why exactly. It is lackluster but so have many past seasons been. It's lukewarm for me. I'm definitely in Drag Race burnout. The seasons are too many and too often. U feel like I am watching out of commitment more than anything and I feel like the contestants are taking the heat for the show's oversaturation to some extent. Everyone is gaga over the UK version but I feel the burnout watching that one, too, even though I do like Bimini, Tayce and Ellie and find Lawrence funny a lot of the time (but I don't like his mean attitude lately).

I did like the Freaky Friday concept to make one another over in their own images.

by Anonymousreply 365March 13, 2021 3:28 PM

They shouldn't have got rid of Tamisha.

by Anonymousreply 366March 13, 2021 3:38 PM

I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm enjoying this season. Seasons 8-12 are just a blur, but this one stands out for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 367March 13, 2021 3:50 PM

With Olivia, I kind of feel like she's trying to give us Valentina vibes. I'm not a huge Valentina fan, but Olivia doesn't have 1/4 of any Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent Valentina may or may not have had. She's like a pre-school Valentina.

by Anonymousreply 368March 13, 2021 4:02 PM

Oh, and here is Kim Chi on her season:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369March 13, 2021 4:02 PM

Despite the early boot, Tamisha is the real star of the season.

by Anonymousreply 370March 13, 2021 4:03 PM

This season feels like it has been on FOREVER and there still SEVEN of these bitches! She’s not lighting the stage on fire at the moment, but a Symone win would be the only thing to save this shitty season.

by Anonymousreply 371March 13, 2021 4:06 PM

Right, r371? When Denali said that they're half-way through, I was like, "Whattttt?". Ugh, I agree with you, Symone better win, although also-rans have done very well for themselves in prior seasons.

by Anonymousreply 372March 13, 2021 4:15 PM

I'm really trying to avoid thinking about Kandy and Gottmik at all, at this point. It's not even fun to complain about them.

by Anonymousreply 373March 13, 2021 4:20 PM

Why were they trying to push a Rosé Dinali showmance? Have they ever even been on screen together? I felt bad for Dinali when Rosé immediately shut it down with “my boyfriend is watching”... she seemed annoyed that they were forcing that storyline when she’s in a relationship.

It shows how much this show now caters to young kids that they always want there to be a boyfriend pairing on every season. Sharon and Alaska are guilty for starting that trend, but at least they were actually a long-term couple before the show.

by Anonymousreply 374March 13, 2021 4:29 PM

Does Denali really think that we haven't forgotten the FIRST figure skating queen?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375March 13, 2021 4:33 PM

Milk went sour very fast.

by Anonymousreply 376March 13, 2021 5:39 PM

Although he's not too bad on the eyes, it seems strange that Rose is apparently the Werk Room object of devotion this season - or at least how the show is trying to present it - with the exception of Kandy's insatiable hunger... for Joey Jay.

I've mixed feeling on last night's episode and the season overall. As mentioned above, it's difficult to believe that we're only halfway through, even given the non-elimination weeks, with so many queens left. The bottom two were expected, but it still seems as if the show is eliminating people at the expense of others like Kandy (I've grown to like GottMik).

by Anonymousreply 377March 13, 2021 6:11 PM

Mik is the same shit every week. The same dull shit.

Kandy will be the most hated queen ever. Her DragCon line will be nothing.

by Anonymousreply 378March 13, 2021 6:25 PM

Why was "Shackles" played for the LS? I though Mary Mary were anti gay?

by Anonymousreply 379March 13, 2021 6:31 PM

What was with that weird promotion for that "psychic" at the top of the show? I cringed at the entire scene.

Is she a friend of Ru, why did she get a whole commercial inserted into the show.

by Anonymousreply 380March 13, 2021 6:35 PM

I can't with GMs open mouthed smile, over the top happy, knee slapping, waist bending, aren't we all having a blast overreaction every five minutes.

I also can't stand how every time GM says anything, no matter how banal, the other queens and judges react to it like it's the wittiest/funniest thing. Where is the not so good-natured, cunty remarks / ribbing / shade in her direction like EVERYONE gets at some point in these shows? They are all trying SO hard to accommodate her, so as not to piss off the SJW mob I'm guessing. It comes off as painfully fucking fake on both sides. For me it works against any genuine likability she may have. It was particularly glaring this (horribly boring) episode.

by Anonymousreply 381March 13, 2021 6:35 PM

So Kandy gets weird face paint from Mik and the judges are like, "Oh, my God! Genius! You nailed it!" Are you fucking kidding me?!

And to make it worse, Kandy acts like a total cunt onstage. Any other contestant and Ru would've read them to hell.

by Anonymousreply 382March 13, 2021 6:36 PM

R380 That psychic segment was ridiculously stupid.

"Does someone here have a father? Did they drive a truck? Did someone grow up on a farm? Did you have a cow?"

For fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 383March 13, 2021 6:37 PM

Nah r382, Ru likes when queens stand up to other queens. That's the nerve in CUNT. That has been true since Tyra in Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 384March 13, 2021 6:38 PM

R384 Not true. I've seen Ru slam contestants for being total cunts to the others, and that's exactly what Kandy was being.

Kandy doesn't have nerve. Kandy's just a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 385March 13, 2021 6:39 PM

Ru also likes it when the queens learn and grow. But for some reason, all Ru has done is encourage Kandy's already shitty behavior and even shittier drag.

by Anonymousreply 386March 13, 2021 6:41 PM

Tina Burner and Rose are both so bland and lifeless as drag queens. After Kandy, I want them the hell gone.

by Anonymousreply 387March 13, 2021 6:41 PM

Nah r384, what r385 said.

by Anonymousreply 388March 13, 2021 6:42 PM

I want to say how truly unfair it was to eliminate Denali, but all i can think about is how UGLY tina looked on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 389March 13, 2021 6:43 PM

R386 Ru likes it when the queens stand up for themselves, but not when they go after the other queens for no reason. And that's exactly what Kandy did. She just started mouthing off and playing the pity party game. "Oh, poor me! I'm gigantic and fat and had to sew something this week!"

Fuck that morbidly obese cunt.

by Anonymousreply 390March 13, 2021 6:47 PM

I don't like Kandy either but some of you have amnesia. Fans hated Tyra for being a bitch but Ru didn't mind it at all.

Thr only time I can recall Ru getting upset is if a queen is a cunt to him.

by Anonymousreply 391March 13, 2021 6:52 PM

R391 Ru has her favorites and let's them get away with a lot of shit, but if it's a queen that isn't tops in her estimation, she'll read them to hell for being nasty cunts.

She obviously is pushing for Kandy for some unknown reason, so she's praising Kandy acting like an insufferable bitch. I guarantee if Denali or Olivia had done the same thing, Ru would've called out their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 392March 13, 2021 6:56 PM

r391, Ru likes drama for the show. That's why Kandy is still there. Nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 393March 13, 2021 6:56 PM

With the motley crew that's left, I'm predicting a Gott Mik win.

by Anonymousreply 394March 13, 2021 7:14 PM

I predicted a Gottmik win way back in Thread One.

FTMs have infiltrated gay porn, now it's drag's turn. Woo hoo!

by Anonymousreply 395March 13, 2021 7:15 PM

Olivia and Symone are both boring as hell.

Tina and Rose are bad at drag.

Utica is just frightening and trying way too hard to be "woke."

Kandy...well...fuck her.

That leaves kd lang...er...Gott Mik for the win.

by Anonymousreply 396March 13, 2021 7:18 PM

[quote] I’ve seen Ru slam contestants for being total cunts to the others, and that's exactly what Kandy was being.

Who? Ru has always been pro-shady bitch. She rewarded Ellie Diamond on UK last week for playing the game. She was also very kind to Phi Phi, who was a total cunt on season 4 (and All Stars) and was called out by the other queens for unsportsmanlike behavior.

by Anonymousreply 397March 13, 2021 7:24 PM

Is it just me or is Rose's skin hard to look at? It is like the worst case of razor burn known to man. Maybe the Rose is for Rosacea. Tina's is pretty bad too, but not that bad.

by Anonymousreply 398March 13, 2021 7:35 PM

[Quote] That leaves kd lang.

Ha! Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 399March 13, 2021 7:39 PM

I can’t understand how people can be up in arms about GottMik when Kenya Michaels, a trans woman who was already halfway through transition on season 4, was allowed to compete. GottMik passes as a gay male twink - Kenya Michaels was absolutely a woman.

by Anonymousreply 400March 13, 2021 7:41 PM

r400 wasn't that pre-woke? No one knew that about Kenya. It wasn't out there in the public back then.

by Anonymousreply 401March 13, 2021 7:48 PM

Denali deserved to stay.

by Anonymousreply 402March 13, 2021 7:52 PM

Did she r402?

Her and Olivia did the worst in the challenge. I think them lip synching was the right call. Look at her paint job on Olivia, it was bad.

by Anonymousreply 403March 13, 2021 7:53 PM

Denali is an infinitely better drag queen than Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 404March 13, 2021 8:02 PM

No argument there r404, Kandy should have absolutely been eliminated instead of that bullshit save.

I just mean for this episode, I think the bottom 2 were accurate. I've seen some "this was bullshit" takes and I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 405March 13, 2021 8:05 PM

R400 Ummm GotMick is absolutely a woman as well.

by Anonymousreply 406March 13, 2021 8:09 PM

Tina's makeup by Rosé was a definite improvement over her own horrible attempts. But she still looked like some common Midwestern frau you'd see at the local TJ Maxx.

by Anonymousreply 407March 13, 2021 8:24 PM

I like GottMik too. She's a bitchy gay boy. Laughs too much. Padded like a woman last night. Was a bit interesting to hear her talk a bit about struggling with transition, because she doesn't feel she makes a passable man, but feels as manly as male drag queens? Her whole deal maybe a casualty of growing up watching Drag Race and having too much money. I think she has a nice jawline anyway. Implants?

It truly is the WORST season EVER. I can't stand Kandy, but I more dislike Tina Burner. And Rose should be doing something different than drag. Denali was really screwed over. The bottom two should have been Olivia and Tina for not transforming their partner well enough. Denali make Olivia look like Denali. Why should that send her home? That said, Olivia did win the lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 408March 13, 2021 8:24 PM

[quote]No one knew that about Kenya. It wasn't out there in the public back then.

That's because Ru didn't allow trans contestants pre-S5. Kenya went off hormones so she wouldn't get disqualified.

by Anonymousreply 409March 13, 2021 8:30 PM

[Quote] She's a bitchy gay boy.

That's something likable? I've never understood acting like a bitchy mean cunt just because that's what is done.

by Anonymousreply 410March 13, 2021 8:30 PM

r409, Oh, I didn't know that. thanks.

by Anonymousreply 411March 13, 2021 8:31 PM

GM is doing some kind of shtick but I wouldn't call it "bitchy gay boy". I don't know what to call it, but whatever it is, it doesn't have much depth behind it. She gets certain looks down quite impressively, though some are beginning to retread, but in the work room, I don't get much of anything about GM as a person. This persona feels very rehearsed to me.

Olivia comes off as a bit of a dim bulb with a smile, so certainly nothing to write home about there. That said that I feel we are at least seeing the real Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 412March 13, 2021 9:05 PM

I don't think that even GM knows who he is as a person. He was a woman who wanted to be a man. And now he's a man who dresses up like a woman.

by Anonymousreply 413March 13, 2021 9:10 PM

^ No, now he is a woman who dresses up as what gay men do when they dress up as a woman in drag.

by Anonymousreply 414March 13, 2021 9:39 PM

But remember, when he first started to do drag makeup, he looked too much like a woman, so had to resort to clown face to look “like a real drag queen”.

by Anonymousreply 415March 13, 2021 11:29 PM

I think Olivia put Denali in that dress on purpose. Denali can move and is a good dancer. The makeup was terrible. At least you could tell Olivia looked like Denali. Kandy...god. She cannot not clap back. I am tired of these nicey nice sisters. We need Phi Phi level cuntiness. Denali should have said Kandy because she has been in the bottom a lot, her style is terrible and it took gottmik to make her look halfway good and I can't understand her mush mouth. Bam.

by Anonymousreply 416March 13, 2021 11:42 PM

muewhhapbpa dnepdpnanp kdja bpsonandpboooo, bitch!!!

by Anonymousreply 417March 13, 2021 11:44 PM

Yes Kandy^ all very true. But be more diplomatic next time. You're a winner baby!

by Anonymousreply 418March 13, 2021 11:47 PM

The Pit Stop S13 E10 | Trixie Mattel & Nicky Doll Talk Makeover Week

Trixie, imitating the psychic: "Does anyone here have a cow that died?"

Nicky: "I don't know - Kandy is still here."

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419March 14, 2021 12:26 AM

Oh well, Nicky can forget about being invited for All-Stars now.

by Anonymousreply 420March 14, 2021 12:39 AM

That was Nicky's best episode! Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 421March 14, 2021 1:20 AM

GM, Rose, Symone, Fatso

by Anonymousreply 422March 14, 2021 1:22 AM

God Bless Nicky Doll for that comment. There's nothing wrong with it, but everything. Trixie is not playing so much I love everything RuPaul this time hosting the Pit Stop. The season is really bad and you can tell Trixie wants to say so. Plus they are all getting fat in lockdown and making nervous jokes about it. I don't even get why Trixie does drag. He's a funny guy and his clothes are hideous. I get that it's ironic....but the makeup or the vibe never changes.

Nicky Doll is still a doll, doll. She can say what she wants from NYC in that French accent.

And whoever keeps saying that Season 12 wasn't the best one since Season 6, should watch Season 12 again. Now with unedited Sherry Pie!! They were fantastic. Sherry, Heidi N Closet, Nicky Doll, Jaida Essence Hall, Gigi, Crystal Methyd. The Widow Von Du. Are you kidding me? It's one of the top 3 best seasons EVER! Season 12. Now on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 423March 14, 2021 1:25 AM

Nicky seems like a fun queen, too bad we didn't get more of her last season.

by Anonymousreply 424March 14, 2021 1:42 AM

If they have all the challenges planned well ahead of time, Rupaul and producers knew that they’d need an even number for last nights episode. So did she have no choice but to keep Kandy the week before? I would’ve much rather the double shantay was with Denali. :-(

by Anonymousreply 425March 14, 2021 1:45 AM

R416 After seeing how Phi Phi was decimated by the fanbase, I highly doubt any queen would want to re-create her mistakes. HOWEVER, I just finished re-watching season 4 and her level of cuntitude is sorely missed. I forgot that she actually sabotaged Jiggly during a challenge! The bitch!!! 🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 426March 14, 2021 1:45 AM

[quote]Kenya went off hormones so she wouldn't get disqualified.

Jiggly Caliente also had to stop hormone treatment during the filming of Season 4.

Re: Gottmik

[quote]I don't know what to call it, but whatever it is, it doesn't have much depth behind it. She gets certain looks down quite impressively, though some are beginning to retread, but in the work room, I don't get much of anything about GM as a person. This persona feels very rehearsed to me.

You know what, I've felt the same way too about Mik all throughout the season, but since her presence is on the show is polarizing, I don't say anything about her outside from my prediction/expectation that she's going to win. However, aside from the trans thing and the expensive fashions, I don't find her that interesting of a Drag Race character. You're right, we never get a sense on who the "real" Mik is, and I doubt we will. Even this week during the requisite heart-to-heart workroom chat, and associated confessionals, everything she said seemed very guarded and filtered.

If it weren't for the Mean Girls association, which she clearly is a peripheral member of (and the group itself seemingly has been downplayed in recent weeks), she'd probably get as much screen time as Kameron Michaels did in S10.

by Anonymousreply 427March 14, 2021 2:24 AM

Who else but GottMik or Symone SHOULD win this abysmal season though? There are no other choices. Symone showed a bit of her old Factry personality this week. They are editing out her time. The contestant doesn't flounder as much as the show changes focus. Let's don't forget that she and Utica WON the challenge. Symone would probably not win a regular season, and I am her biggest fan. She better werk and win this one.

Gottmik's transition was at least mentioned and explored this week - "I'm a woman!" It is what it is. She's shallow and approximates other dumb drag race contestants. She's a man. Peppermint didn't win her season - because she wasn't the best. But that bitch is the All Star Winner of any future season she wants to be part of. She doesn't.

GottMik is not being presented as a freak or too much of an anomaly. We know what RuPaul used to think about Trans contestants. He doesn't care. He cares about Emmy Awards, magazine covers, worldwide domination and FRACKING! He still claims that Drag can never be mainstream, because it's subversive. RuPaul's Drag Race hasn't been subversive for years and he sold out everything. DragCon? convention center booths in harsh lighting and some carnival atmosphere? He's a liar and a greedy fraud. Let's not blame Gottmik for RuPaul's lack of integrity. Gottmik is not great at anything. But like Utica and Symone, she's better than the rest of this SHITE season. Unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 428March 14, 2021 2:40 AM

R428 Can we blame Ru for GotAMicks' total absolute lack of talent? Or personality? Or anything approaching a human character?

by Anonymousreply 429March 14, 2021 2:45 AM

DragCon does give the queens more exposure and a way to bring in more money. It also is a great way to solidify your fanbase by giving them exposure to you after all, young people aren't going to be in bars to see drag shows. As commercial as it is there are more positives to having something like DragCon than negatives.

by Anonymousreply 430March 14, 2021 2:46 AM

^ isn't Drag Con NB fat purple haired straight girls now?

by Anonymousreply 431March 14, 2021 2:51 AM

Drag Con will break your heart if you're a true fan of these queens. You don't want to see them in this light. So grasping and greedy. Bad skin, big fat men with unstuck lace fronts on their wigs. Mean personal assistants. $100 for a photo with one of your favorites. I'd rather see real women in bikinis at a car show. Yes Dragcon makes greedy bitches money. And RuPaul A LOT more. But the audience is a step down from a monster truck rally.

There ain't no female illusion at Drag Con. Who the fuck Uis the Ru defender on this thread. Oh, yeah. That old fat fuck who hates all the black queens. RuPaul has been a white woman for decades. He doesn't mind if GottMik wins. He'll champion it if the ratings hold up.

Gigi Goode didn't win for a reason. Every now and then Ru gets to crown a winner that he actually likes.

But mostly he just goes with the cultural flow. He doesn't give a rusty fuck. Fracking Fame Whore.

by Anonymousreply 432March 14, 2021 3:05 AM

[Quote] isn't Drag Con NB fat purple haired straight girls now?

YES and young children came into play the 2nd LA Drag Con. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 433March 14, 2021 3:43 AM

I can’t even begin to understand how or why Denali went home!!

Olivia made her up! She dressed her!

She apparently failed. WTF??

I am glad that Utica won.

Candy fatso looked ridiculous as hell.

Won’t be able to stand it if that Mik person wins. She’s already a fucking girl!

This season is pissing me off.

by Anonymousreply 434March 14, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote] After seeing how Phi Phi was decimated by the fanbase, I highly doubt any queen would want to re-create her mistakes. HOWEVER, I just finished re-watching season 4 and her level of cuntitude is sorely missed. I forgot that she actually sabotaged Jiggly during a challenge! The bitch!!! 🤣🤣

I also re-watched season 4 recently and Phi Phi really was a quintessential reality TV show villain. She MADE that season what it was and single-handedly created Sharon’s entire underdog narrative by being such a cunt. I was shaking my head watching it and thinking of how she’d be cancelled in seconds if that season aired today.

by Anonymousreply 435March 14, 2021 7:04 AM

R398 Didn't Mik say Rose's face was a "hard canvas to paint?"

It looks like the side of a terracotta building.

by Anonymousreply 436March 14, 2021 11:00 AM

Nicky was a hilarious cunt in that Pit Stop episode. She needs to be on much more.

by Anonymousreply 437March 14, 2021 1:31 PM

Nicky has always been a delightfully shady queen-it's so much more charming with that French accent. Sometimes she'll do a makeup session with Rock M Sakura on IG, and it's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 438March 14, 2021 1:37 PM

r432 I went to the very first DC and the one during season 11 some of the queens look fine, Raja looked great, Plastic Tiara looked amazing among others. Some were not so perfect but real fans don't care if they look perfect, there is more to love the queens for then perfection under harsh lighting.

As far as the fanbase r431 there are all ages there, parents even bring young children (who don't belong there).

Queens are not forced to participate, they do it because they are entertainers who want to make money being entertainers. They also want to peddle their art if they are artists. If you find it distasteful and you hate RuPaul then stay away and stop watching the show.

Those of you who hate and come into threads or starts threads just to bitch about what you hate I have a question, why not just spend your energy focusing on something else? Why stress yourself out talking about and giving your energy to something that gets you so twisted up?

I can feel the venom, some of you get unhinged. Just stay away from the thing that upsets you and use your time better. Or is it that you would have nothing to do unless you were investing your energy in hating things?

by Anonymousreply 439March 14, 2021 2:34 PM

Oh, look, a withered Frau scold at R439 who has read WAY too many self-help books, and got on the Drag train when it got trendy, telling us how it all works, what to think and what to do. All without a witty or humorous bone in their body. Such a delight.

Go back to Disneyland you tedious cow.

Yes, please do "feel my venom". Your kind and the 14 year girls are the ones ruining Drag by your constant sermonizing and SJW tantrums, not us.

by Anonymousreply 440March 14, 2021 2:57 PM

I can't stand Tina Burner. Is she really that huge on the NYC scene as they make her out to be?

by Anonymousreply 441March 14, 2021 3:01 PM

I think only in her mind r441

She bores me. I don't see the draw at all, let alone how she got this far in the competition.

Here are some tidbits about her. I don't see anything that sounds like she has ever really taken the NYC scene by storm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442March 14, 2021 3:09 PM

^ No.

by Anonymousreply 443March 14, 2021 3:09 PM

Denali went home because of that big fat Olivia's failure......

by Anonymousreply 444March 14, 2021 3:16 PM

Olivia isn’t so sweet. This is the second time she has sabotaged a teammate (she knew Utica wanted that mime role some episodes back).

by Anonymousreply 445March 14, 2021 3:19 PM

Oh r439 - you are truly my traum frau!

by Anonymousreply 446March 14, 2021 3:38 PM

Wait - so Olivia is supposed to be there to help other people win?

by Anonymousreply 447March 14, 2021 3:39 PM

[Quote] I went to the very first DC

No you didn't.

I was actually there.

by Anonymousreply 448March 14, 2021 3:41 PM

So it was just the two of you?

by Anonymousreply 449March 14, 2021 3:46 PM

Dragcon is like going to see pigs slaughtered, then you can purchase a $75 hotdog. See how the sausage is made honeey! Everybody say love!!

by Anonymousreply 450March 14, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote]After seeing how Phi Phi was decimated by the fanbase, I highly doubt any queen would want to re-create her mistakes. HOWEVER, I just finished re-watching season 4 and her level of cuntitude is sorely missed. I forgot that she actually sabotaged Jiggly during a challenge! The bitch!!! 🤣🤣

That's funny, I'm currently watching Season 4 to see Phi Phi's origin story and understand why she is considered such a bitch. I'm only on episode 4 and she's already bringing it.

But the one thing that I noticed the most is that Season 4 is like watching a completely different show than what Drag Race is now. Ru was involved in everything, it was shadier, gayer, and so much more raw. Ru was still doing his uplifting schtick, but it was different. I guess I just had no idea how much this show had changed until I started watching season 4.

I just can't imagine suburban housewives and their teen daughters watching season 4 and getting it.

by Anonymousreply 451March 14, 2021 6:08 PM

They did, r451. It was the first season that I recall women at work talking about RPDR. They - and their daughters - were fans of Sharon Needles.

by Anonymousreply 452March 14, 2021 6:12 PM

Season 4 is worth watching because it was the beginning of the show’s golden era. It’s the origin season for so many classic Drag Race lines, including Sharon Needles naming the puppet challenge Everybody Loves Puppets, Michelle Visage explaining why she hates green, Latrice’s “the shade of it all” and “the unprofessionalism is far too much,” and Ross Matthews’ first appearance as a judge.

Also, despite the fact that she’s a hopeless alcoholic now, Sharon winning was one of the most important moments in the franchise because it opened the door to non-fishy drag. She was really a dominant competitor and really understood how to win challenges.

by Anonymousreply 453March 14, 2021 6:22 PM

Ahem, Dida Ritz vs The Princess perform for the DIVINE Natalie Cole. Season 4 excellence!! And sexy Ass Rick Fox appeared on the judging panel too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454March 14, 2021 6:36 PM

Every time I see GotMik's make up I just think "Juggalo" and it came off *real* Juggalo on Kandy. That Kim Chi picture was a good example of how to do B&W without looking like a Juggalo. I'm also semi-annoyed that they didn't pad the way every other group did. I don't think Tina's drag is revolutionary but at least she was like "we padded her shoulders to look more like me". I still thought drag was an illusion and not a fashion show, but I guess per this episode, I didn't know what drag is.

Season 4 was the last of the "locked in RuPaul's basement" seasons and I love it. I think the generations of the show are 1-4, 5-8, and 8-now, with 1-4 being my favorite, back when it was still a parody of America's Next Top Model / reality shows, and they got them good and liquored up for the after show

by Anonymousreply 455March 14, 2021 6:52 PM

Juggalo! You nailed it r455!

by Anonymousreply 456March 14, 2021 6:55 PM

Denali was the only mildly attractive one when he was out of drag.

Now it's nothing but ugly cows left.

by Anonymousreply 457March 14, 2021 7:33 PM

R441 I think Tina has created a myth around herself about her alleged fame and domination in the New York drag scene.

I can't picture any New Yorkers rushing to see her onstage.

by Anonymousreply 458March 14, 2021 7:35 PM

^I can't imagine any queen desperate enough to do that!^

by Anonymousreply 459March 14, 2021 11:14 PM

I love that tall redheaded guy on the Pit Crew.

by Anonymousreply 460March 14, 2021 11:51 PM

^ the straight white one with no ASS? Figures.

Before Gottmik, there was Aquaria. And it was good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461March 15, 2021 2:43 AM

Kandy and Tina should be gone already. This sucks.

by Anonymousreply 462March 15, 2021 2:48 AM

R454 - Probably one of the best lip syncs ever on the show and one of my faves.

by Anonymousreply 463March 15, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote]I still thought drag was an illusion and not a fashion show, but I guess per this episode, I didn't know what drag is.

The EXTREME focus on fashion is something that's been making the show a lot less fun for me. I think this change occurred around Seasons 9 and 10. That's when I really, really noticed it, at least. Sure, we had fashion queens like Raja, Violet, Miss Fame, etc. but the focus on their runways being "couture" and "unique" wasn't REALLY there until those later seasons.

This really stood out to me after I re-watched season 4, I was shocked when the top 4 were actually able to construct their own outfits for the Bitch Ball!! Well, I don't think Sharon Needles *really* knew how to sew well, but it was refreshing to see that old school queens like Chad and Latrice knew what they were doing. And so did Phi Phi, that tired ass showgirl. I think those 4 made the majority of their own outfits, too. Or the queens wore a lot of off the rack (Willam).

Now I think most of the queens wear drag "designers" like Florence D'Lee, Domino Coture, Diego Montoya, etc. and it's just gotten fucking boring!!!!!!!! That's one good thing about DR UK, many queens are wearing their own creations.

by Anonymousreply 464March 15, 2021 6:16 PM

Burn in hell!

by Anonymousreply 465March 16, 2021 2:06 AM

The truth hurts, huh?

by Anonymousreply 466March 16, 2021 4:19 AM

Kandy Moose has busted looks and busted makeup. And his personality is loathsome. It's a trifecta!

by Anonymousreply 467March 16, 2021 1:36 PM

I, a loyal viewer of the show and the surrounding fandom since Season 2, stopped watching this season. Kandy, Gotmik, Tina, and the whole vibe of the season ruined it. Thank God for the UK season.

by Anonymousreply 468March 16, 2021 11:17 PM

This is hands down one of the worst seasons of the show, and proof that Ru needs to take a hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 469March 17, 2021 12:19 AM

It will never end.

by Anonymousreply 470March 17, 2021 6:41 AM

I've watched since Season Two as well, and can't think of a worse season. This one had the makings of something decent, but Ru decided to turn it into the Kandy Muse Mumble Hour with her drab sidekick Blanda Burner.

by Anonymousreply 471March 17, 2021 2:15 PM

It certainly seems that way R470...

by Anonymousreply 472March 17, 2021 2:23 PM

Gee, i do hope Tina Burner wears some red and orange on the runway this week. Ugly ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 473March 17, 2021 2:28 PM

This Friday - Episode 2,572 of a Continuing Saga

by Anonymousreply 474March 17, 2021 2:57 PM

All Stars 6 got kicked off VH1 and will be broadcast only on a streaming service (Paramount +). The heavily rumored cast is all filler queens with the majority not even placing above 7th on their original season.

Add in this terrible season, and the show is really on its last legs.

by Anonymousreply 475March 17, 2021 4:48 PM

Having an All-Stars season every year was and is ridiculous. This should have been obvious after the debacle that was All-Stars 4.

by Anonymousreply 476March 17, 2021 5:06 PM

R469 is correct, because this season feels like it has been 3 seasons, and I don't even like the queens I liked in the beginning. I wish Lawrence Cheney and Bimini, hell, even Joe Black, were on the US version. Poor Symone, she's the only good thing about this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 477March 17, 2021 7:04 PM

I guess I should listen to the "If you don't like it, why do you watch it!11!" bitch and stop. I've supported RU since the 90s- her original talk show was subversive and amazing. The late life "grab all the coin no matter what" look isn't a good one.

by Anonymousreply 478March 17, 2021 7:06 PM

It really shocked me to re-watch Season 6 to remember how annoying Laganja Estranga was perceived to be by the other queens. I completely forgot about her. Now EVERY queen acts like Laganja!!! In retrospect Laganja was annoying, but so harmless. Yas gawd, mama. Okurrrrrrrrrr?

I'd secretly like to see her on an All Stars season one day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479March 17, 2021 11:27 PM

I know it'll never happen, but there should be a super season. Get girls from the international and US versions of Drag Race to compete, have the cash prize $500,000 or even 1 million. The guest judges would be Cher, Madonna, Diana Ross, Liza Minelli, Barbra Streisand, Patti Lupone, Dolly Parton, Bette Midler, Patti Labelle, Celine Dion, etc, etc. It would be a great way to end the series.

by Anonymousreply 480March 17, 2021 11:43 PM

I am not one to say that one franchise is better than another, however I think what is drawing a lot of you to UK and other versions is that those queens are not as polished and those versions of the show don't have to be as politically correct as the US show is now. The US show now is big name designers and being very aware not to cross certain lines.

I am one of the ones who is re-watching season 4. Except for Willam, those queens were not in couture. Those queens were messy from their language to their teeth. The mothership really is a different show now and I don't necessarily blame Ru or the other producers for adjusting to show to the current reality.

by Anonymousreply 481March 18, 2021 12:44 AM

Ru is entirely to blame. Stop defending that greedy white woman.

by Anonymousreply 482March 18, 2021 1:00 AM

R480 Everyone wants an all winners season, but several queens have straight up said they’ll never do it. Bianca is a millionaire and sells out Wembley Stadium every year, she has no reason to ever go back.

by Anonymousreply 483March 18, 2021 1:07 AM

Bianca just told Trixie she would do an all winners season.

by Anonymousreply 484March 18, 2021 1:14 AM

r483 I fucking LOVE Bianca, but she sold out Wembly ARENA last year (hardly shabby) One year. The arena, not the stadium. Just keeping to facts.

by Anonymousreply 485March 18, 2021 1:15 AM

Sorry it was in 2019, 2020 kind of put a wee bit of a damper on performances, but yes, one year.

by Anonymousreply 486March 18, 2021 1:17 AM

R484 Link? I’m surprised because I feel like she’s been the most vocal about not wanting to come back.

by Anonymousreply 487March 18, 2021 1:20 AM

Gobahgoshagumbagioo

by Anonymousreply 488March 18, 2021 1:23 AM

R481 Willam wasn't in couture either, he was in RTW... at most.

by Anonymousreply 489March 18, 2021 1:25 AM

Your tone seems very pointed -

by Anonymousreply 490March 18, 2021 1:29 AM

THIS IS A SHOW FOR TALENTED PEOPLE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 491March 18, 2021 1:32 AM

Bianca Sara see you at the all winner season at the end of her recent Pit Stop appearance with Trixie. There is a new tool called YouTube where you can find it..

by Anonymousreply 492March 18, 2021 1:58 AM

Bianca says

by Anonymousreply 493March 18, 2021 1:58 AM

Kandy Moose You big fat goose You're pussy's loose Tina Burner is ugly

by Anonymousreply 494March 18, 2021 2:54 AM

Bianca did an Instagram Live thing today and right toward the end at about 20:33 she literally laughed/cackled off the idea of a bunch of Drag Race winners getting together for a competition, saying "Why?"

I wish people would ask more interesting questions or observations rather than, "I love you", or "Come to Greece". You could tell she had to fish around for something interesting to answer and it must have been tedious. It wasn't great (mostly because of the lame questions) but if anyone needs a Bianca fix, here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495March 18, 2021 3:47 AM

I’d rather see a RuDemptuon season with the first or second outs from each season than an all winners season.

by Anonymousreply 496March 18, 2021 4:06 AM

They've exhausted all past players. When Jujubee failed even worse on All Stars, it was over. Personalities and talents don't change. Chi Chi was also worse on All Stars, even if her drag was more expensive. It's a losing format.

The fact that Trixie is an all Stars Winner tells you all you need to know. No one needs to see Porkchop Parker or Dahlia Sims or Magnolia Crawford or that guy with the cyst. All ideas presented here are desperate and stupid. The best queens have already returned, some of them twice.

Nobody needs to see first outs getting old and fat just because they have better wigs now. All of the many reaction shows and fashion reviews give you all the Shuga Cain and Laganga you need. 12 minutes of those fake cackling bitches is enough. The show should stick to it's international formats and take a year off in the US. Let Ru's head scar heal. Season 13 is the WORST in drag race history. By far. And not because of Kandy Muse.

by Anonymousreply 497March 18, 2021 4:16 AM

R497 agree with everything except I do think the toxic kandy muse is a big part of why this season sucks so hard.

by Anonymousreply 498March 18, 2021 4:20 AM

A first runner up season would be interesting. I would even be up for a big personality season with all the attention seekers and troublemakers.

by Anonymousreply 499March 18, 2021 4:45 AM

Trixiie is a drag superstar. She at least is funny and entertaining.

This season is awful with the endless episodes. I think they are doing something similar for AS6 with more episodes so there are even more commercials. It’s definitely not helping the series.

If Kandy Muse is in the finsl four then it’s really jumped the shark. It’s horrible and stale.

by Anonymousreply 500March 18, 2021 4:54 AM

[Quote] Season 13 is the WORST in drag race history. By far. And it's mostly because of Kandy Muse.

Fixed it for you, hon.

by Anonymousreply 501March 18, 2021 5:01 AM

Trixie and Bianca are the biggest stars in drag right now. You don't get there without talent. It just doesn't happen. They have to have something going for them.

by Anonymousreply 502March 18, 2021 5:04 AM

Trixie is funny and she has become a superstar. But he excelled at nothing on Drag Race. In fact, he continually failed or disappointed. On season 7 AND All Stars. Rupaul let Trixie's teen girl fanbase pick him as a winner. Chicken dinner. The most egregious crowning of all time. Trixie is not a drag queen. He's a failed comic dude and folk singer who wears ironic ugly makeup and clothes. He's a good businessman. As he makes clear is only goal.

by Anonymousreply 503March 18, 2021 5:05 AM

r503, whatever. A wins a win. I agree Trixie is better outside of the DR bubble. She's talented and used the platform of DR to her advantage. Good for her I say. I saw her live a few years ago and 70% of the audience were str8 female and gay men 22-55. Maybe there were a few teens with a parent here and there but maybe 20 - 30 in the crowd of 2,000. Great show.

by Anonymousreply 504March 18, 2021 5:12 AM

Trixie went from rags to riches and is doing great things with said riches, so I cannot fault her for that even though I will never really agree with her All Stars 3 win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505March 18, 2021 5:15 AM

Trixie won because Bendela quit and the other queens booted Shangela. Was it fair? Probably not but it’s a reality show.

This season is terrible because the queens are almost uniformly bad and it’s endless! Why are we still dealing with Utica and Tina from December 2020 to March 2021? I mean ... Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 506March 18, 2021 5:20 AM

r503 I disagree. While Trixie wouldn't have been my pick to win All Stars, to me, the most egregious crowning of all time on either regular Drag Race or All Stars wasn't Trixie, it was that mess Yvie Oddly who made the massive mistake of being reluctant at best, and at worst, refusing to engage with her/his/whatever fans. Didn't even have the pandemic to blame for not making any money at that time. No one was interested in booking him. Outside of the show he was a dud. (Inside of it too, in my opinion)

Bianca has stated she's unashamedly in it for the money, but not JUST the money, but because she can get away with her kind of comedy dressed as a woman, that she never could as a man. Bianca has made a lot of dough, but doesn't have nearly the number of revenue streams that Trixie has. When the revenues open up, I'm sure so will the playing field. She and Trixie both share the gift of hustling their asses off. Tremendously hard workers and good for them enjoying the fruits of their labor, while many winners (and non winners) disappear into oblivion.

Trixie has never said said being good at business is her only goal. Where are these fake facts coming from? Trixie has a lot of goals, in and out of drag and has met many of them, and they keep on growing. Right now, it is training for marathons. Who knows what's next?

by Anonymousreply 507March 18, 2021 5:26 AM

Sorry, meant when the VENUES open back up.

by Anonymousreply 508March 18, 2021 5:27 AM

Season 13 is the worst season because of Mik, Kandy and Tina. Very negative 3some. All 3 were/are toxic and foul right from the start. I believe how they started this season really fucked up queens attitude and it brought out the worst in many of them.

by Anonymousreply 509March 18, 2021 5:31 AM

Agreed, R506. Trixie knows that there is an asterisk beside her win.

You're insane R507. But everyone knows that on these threads. Put the bottle down. There are many Drag Queens who work harder than Bianca or Trixie. You're measuring success by a tight little construct. And as usual you are arguing for no reason, except you're drunk and someone criticized one of your favorites. AND RuPaul!! Neither Bianca or Trixie are really Drag Queens. Like Bob (the world's worst drag queen) they are just fruity homely failed actors who found a way to be successful on Drag Race. Bianca had an actual career before. As a bar MC. And that's still what she does.

I wouldn't compare what they do to really creative hard working dedicated Drag Queens who spend their own last dime to perform for people. That's a whole other life.

Bob, Bianca and Trixie are reality show personalities. That threaten no one. Funny as a baby's grave.

by Anonymousreply 510March 18, 2021 5:36 AM

C'mon, Trixie works hard. She wouldn't be this successful if she didn't. She won for a reason. She has talent. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 511March 18, 2021 5:44 AM

As I said, Trixie is a good businessman. She markets something than no one wants. Successfully.

by Anonymousreply 512March 18, 2021 5:49 AM

Trixie is not very funny but I agree she’s probably the smartest contestant, business-wise, the show has ever seen. She also deserves kudos for having to work with Katya, who’s a complete mess, has major addiction issues, and could relapse at any time. Trixie herself has said jokingly she has to wake Katya up every day and tell her all of the new business ventures she’s secured for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 513March 18, 2021 5:54 AM

Any nude Raja pics?

by Anonymousreply 514March 18, 2021 9:35 AM

Is Candy Moose still on?

by Anonymousreply 515March 18, 2021 1:40 PM

Trixie is a canny girl:

At least 3 YouTube channels: Trixie Cosmetics, Unhhhh, and Netflix's We Like to Watch

Vice's Trixie & Katya Show

Book deal

Cosmetics Line

3 albums

Requisite tours, documentary

3 awards (Steamy and 2 Queerties)

I'm glad she stuck with Katya, as I adore her.

by Anonymousreply 516March 18, 2021 2:01 PM

[quote] She and Trixie both share the gift of hustling their asses off.

Yes, absolutely. If you are a talent manager, THIS is the kind of client you desperately want. A childless orphan without spouse or important enough boyfriend to stay home who devotes themselves entirely to work. And this is not denigrating, Trixie and Bianca are extremely impressive in their genre. Trixie a bit more because she’s finding lots of different avenues to work.

by Anonymousreply 517March 18, 2021 2:49 PM

OMFG! In the preview on IG Kandy wasn't the second one in the werk room behind the winner of the LS as usual. Ru and the producers must be listening to the fans now.

by Anonymousreply 518March 18, 2021 4:38 PM

Can we just... pretend that Kandy doesn't exist? I despise her, but "Kandy Moose" isn't clever.

by Anonymousreply 519March 18, 2021 5:58 PM

Does anyone else feel a bit sorry for Kandy, as he's clearly intellectually impeded?

by Anonymousreply 520March 18, 2021 6:41 PM

R519, hard to do as the bitch never shuts her fucking loud ass mouth. And Kandy Moose is the perfect name for her, clever or not..

by Anonymousreply 521March 18, 2021 6:53 PM

No R520. Not one bit.

by Anonymousreply 522March 18, 2021 8:54 PM

Dear R519, it’s not supposed to be funny. It’s descriptive.

by Anonymousreply 523March 18, 2021 9:21 PM

I love and admire Katya, and I admire and love Trixie. The two of them together is where they both really shine, rather than either of them solo. Very Nichols and May, and with that reference I feel ancient.

Off to have a brontosaurus burger!

by Anonymousreply 524March 18, 2021 10:07 PM

All Katya and Trixie do is laugh at their own jokes. Hysterical non stop guffawing laughter, like they just met? Yes, they can be creative and dark sided and funny. Always guaranteed to be annoying together. Katya on her own is intolerably neurotic and nowhere near as fascinating as he thinks. Trixie has a few more straightforward comedy chops but spends too much time in his own kind of creepy Pee Wee's playhouse world. Never heard of Nichols and May, but I'm sure they were not so self referential and indulgent. They were two drag queens?

by Anonymousreply 525March 18, 2021 10:47 PM

^ Nichols and May were funny. Katya and Clown face rarely are.

by Anonymousreply 526March 18, 2021 11:41 PM

[Quote] Does anyone else feel a bit sorry for Kandy,

NO.

by Anonymousreply 527March 19, 2021 1:40 AM

Stop answering and asking your own questions R527. You're really stupid. No one loves Kandy. The end. But she's not the reason the season is so bad. They all SUCK. RuPaul and Michelle and Ross SUCK too.

Symone is cool quick and very talented - but she's limited by her vision of drag. Utica has been done 5 times better AND before on Drag Race. Olivia would be out by week four. She's a poor man's Mariah Paris Balenciaga. Tina is nowhere near as entertaining or surprising as Alexis Michelle or the Nina West. This is all shade by the way. Tamisha seemed nice. And she had nothing to show. All the other contestants are worse than them. Gottmik is a very good makeup artist. Kandy is a cow. But she's not the reason the season is failing.

by Anonymousreply 528March 19, 2021 2:04 AM

Katya @katya_zamo

Its crazy that @dragraceukbbc S2 (which premiered 6 weeks ahead of S13 ) is already over while there are still 16 episodes of S13 yet to air !!? Wild

10:12 PM · Mar 18, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529March 19, 2021 2:26 AM

The current season of Drag Race is lacking a breakout star. I yearn for the hilarity of Jaida Essence Hall's iconic "Look over there!" line. Wasn't that extremely funny and clever? Nothing gets me like jokes a learning impaired 6 year old would say. They kept replaying it because it was pure comedy gold. In fact, it will be included in tonight's mini challenge, so get ready to LOL!

by Anonymousreply 530March 19, 2021 4:35 PM

R519 I"m sorry you don't like the nickname Kandy Moose.

I thought about calling him The Fat-Assed Mush-Mouthed One With the Squished Face, but that took so long to type.

by Anonymousreply 531March 19, 2021 10:07 PM

Palate cleanser. The gorgeous and erotic, Aquaria. A deserving winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 19, 2021 10:22 PM

On tonight's episode, supposedly straight Pit Crew Bryce has pronounced gayvoice.

by Anonymousreply 533March 20, 2021 12:33 AM

Dr. Phil is a Drag Race fan and is live-tweeting tonight's episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534March 20, 2021 12:51 AM

So is it going to be

Tina - eliminated

Utica - eliminated

Rose or Olivia - eliminated

Final 4: Rose or Olivia, Gothic, Symone and Kandy Caboose

Viewers patience- eliminated

by Anonymousreply 535March 20, 2021 1:21 AM

I’ve never hated a reality show contestant more than I hate Kandy Moose. She is completely charmless and talentless but the bitch is indestructible. Terrible runway look, terrible commercial, yet she’s safe. Clearly she has something on RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 536March 20, 2021 2:17 AM

Yeah, I don't get it. Kandy's commercial sucked, but they were all saying how funny she was. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 537March 20, 2021 2:35 AM

We went to Bianca’s show and it was not funny. She thinks yelling louder makes the jokes funnier. It doesn’t and I left with a headache. Sherry Vine opened the show with jokes and personality. I’m glad I went because our college town doesn’t book drag performers and I wanted to support that.

by Anonymousreply 538March 20, 2021 2:35 AM

I was disappointed that Lawrence won DRUK over Bimini yesterday, but lord... tonight’s episode of S13 made me appreciate ALL the queens in the DRUK top 4.

Glad Tina went home. I’m starting to think that Gottmik will win this, unfortunately:

by Anonymousreply 539March 20, 2021 2:52 AM

I’ve found that it doesn’t matter if Kandy does well or bad. She’ll be safe, the judges will laugh at her “jokes” and we’ll get another empty answer about her sense of humor.

Does she have blackmail on Ru or what?

by Anonymousreply 540March 20, 2021 2:56 AM

This season is awful. I genuinely don’t care who wins.

by Anonymousreply 541March 20, 2021 2:57 AM

I watched the UK finale after the US episode tonight and it actually made me emotional. It reminded me why I loved the show and the queens in the first place.

It’s embarrassing what US Drag Race has become. I don’t like any of girls aside from Symone and I’m not that impressed with her as it is.

by Anonymousreply 542March 20, 2021 3:06 AM

I agree R541. Total Shite. So what if Rose made a funny face or Symone got off a good line. It's all terrible. They are so jazzed up on presenting some heightened display of drama and excitement. So little talent, wit, beauty or creativity on display. It's fucking amatuer and disrectfully bad. They ALL are dumb as fuck. (a pass for Symone - but she's no winner baby)

by Anonymousreply 543March 20, 2021 3:38 AM

*disrespectfully bad

by Anonymousreply 544March 20, 2021 3:39 AM

I've commented on and am mildly irritated by the constant cutting to Kandy for her reactions to everything, but when it came to her girl Tina getting eliminated (and being sent home by UTICA, one of the "B team", to boot), it was completely appropriate to show her jaw falling to the floor. That made me laugh out loud.

Tina - for someone who has auditioned more times than she can count, I don't know how she didn't think people (especially the judges) would get bored seeing her in yellow, red and/or orange every damn week. Even if it is her "brand".

Utica, what's with her oral fixation? Eating paint, licking the soda can, licking herself during the lip sync....

R533, I noticed Bryce's gayvoice years ago. Ever since - well, the first time I heard him speak. Can't remember where, maybe Hey Qween.

by Anonymousreply 545March 20, 2021 3:41 AM

Tina Burner has a serious taste level problem. I hate to say negative things about people, but that is one tacky-ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 546March 20, 2021 3:46 AM

A queen will usually be safe if they nail either the challenge or the runway, so I can't understand why some of these are constantly safe when they fail at both. Kandy's ad was not funny, despite what the judges said, and had a terrible "beast" look. GottMik's ad was simply horrible, making absolutely no sense, being unfunny and a bad product name and then had a repetitive look (Oh look, Mik has on fake pasties. Never seen that before!). I have no problem with the bottom two but feel it should have been a four-way LSFYL. Also have no issue with the double win since I was thinking Rose had it but Symone also did very well.

by Anonymousreply 547March 20, 2021 3:57 AM

IF Tina Burner is actually a well-respected drag queen in NYC, I feel bad for her because the show amplified how tacky and tasteless her brand of drag is. As said above, her color scheme and raccoon make-up is just absolutely bad taste, period. She really came across as third rate in every way.

It’s so disappointing that the majority of these queens have zero idea what their brand is. I thought Mik was going to win this but when she said she thought her brand was a clown face but now was kind of feeling like laughing all the time could be a “marketable brand...” what the fuck?! If you know nothing about your brand of drag why are you on this show?

Go back and watch the All Stars 2 branding challenge where Katya and Alaska both delivered iconic commercials... then compare it to this episode and tell me this show isn’t completely down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 548March 20, 2021 4:58 AM

r548 If you are a funny drag queen, who is a talented performer (lip synching and dancing). and serves great looks... you don't need a brand.

by Anonymousreply 549March 20, 2021 5:00 AM

US Drag Race has become not a parody of Top Model, but a worse version of ANTM itself. Tyra was always telling the 27 year old aspiring models to "brand" themselves. What bullshit. Alaska and Alyssa and Violet DO have a brand. It's the successful expansion of their real drag personas. Katya doesn't have a brand, but a series of disorders and ugly fashion. So, in a way - she does have one. But it's not entertaining.

A great talented drag queen doesn't need a brand at all. They might have some signature moves and songs and looks. But they're just entertaining and keeping it real. Sheesh. If RuPaul wants to talk about branding queens, he picked the wrong season to do it. This cast are talentless and pretty insipid morons. All of them. They are trying way too hard to brand their personalities and failing at everything. No one has anything to offer but a bit of Symone. She has four wins now. If Gottmik wins this season - then it's total riggor morris.

Bimini won four out of five challenges in a row and still just lost to Lawrence Chaney on UK Drag Race II. And Lawrence completely fucked up the finale challenge of dancing and singing. The show wants what it thinks the audience wants. But at least they usually have a few talents to choose from.

Any of the final 5 on UK Drag Race were light years more talented and natural and funny and full of personality than these third rate fembots on RPDR Season 13. All of them ugly too. Terrible drag.

Shea Coulee won four challenges, shared another win and still lost to Sasha - who had one shared win. But she had plastic rose petals under her wig. And a great Whitney Houston song. That she performed in the clubs all the time. With the rose petals under her wig. The heart wants what Ru says.

Gottmik does one thing. A type of makeup. She transitioned to become a gay boy? Laughing too much over nothing and licking her lips over the Pit Crew?

Tina Burner deserves ALL the online ridicule. She's just that bad and deluded and unattractive and dumb. She makes Kandy look talented, gorgeous and fashionable.

Kandy Muse for the WIN!!

by Anonymousreply 550March 20, 2021 5:29 AM

Gottmik's commercial was T E R R I B LE but of course we all know why she's safe.

by Anonymousreply 551March 20, 2021 7:57 AM

I'm not as anti-Kandy as most on here. But what the fuck? Her commercial was stupid. And that runway outfit? It was absolutely shit. My god.

Tina reminds me of an old school drag queen. A very specific schtick that she sticks to no matter what. Not for me, but it's a point of view at the least.

Also, all the commercials were shit except Symone and Rose's. They should have just blown up the whole episode and started again.

by Anonymousreply 552March 20, 2021 8:05 AM

Schticky schtick.

by Anonymousreply 553March 20, 2021 8:14 AM

Sorry, R553. Liza got a hold of my DL account.

Again.

by Anonymousreply 554March 20, 2021 8:49 AM

Finally one nasty queen gone, Kandy has to be next

by Anonymousreply 555March 20, 2021 10:09 AM

You could show an IMAX movie in the space between Tina Burner’s nose and top lip.

by Anonymousreply 556March 20, 2021 12:48 PM

Are the judges watching the same thing I am? Kandy’s commercial was... passable. Barely. And she looked TERRIBLE in it. But her runway should have sent her home. Period. At this point, I don’t know what the fuck I’m watching. I do agree with the double win, I would even have given the edge to Rosé who seems to be having a late and interesting surge. Thank GOD they kept Utica. Byeeeeeeeee Tina. Won’t miss ya.

by Anonymousreply 557March 20, 2021 12:57 PM

Well now we know that Kandy Moose has been an insufferable cunt since at least the 8th grade.

by Anonymousreply 558March 20, 2021 1:37 PM

NotGotDik's commercial was awful and her runway was blah.

Utica is grotesque. His face is scary! His commercial was the second worst! Certainly Utica and NGD should have been the bottom two, although Tina's time was definitely over.

by Anonymousreply 559March 20, 2021 1:40 PM

At first I thought Mik's brand was "Delusional" as she kept saying that. Would have been a better fit.

by Anonymousreply 560March 20, 2021 2:37 PM

The whole season is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 561March 20, 2021 2:38 PM

I totally didn’t understand what farting had to do with Mik’s sex drink. Milk and Kandy should have been bottom 2.

by Anonymousreply 562March 20, 2021 2:46 PM

Sorry, but nothing in last night's episode reached the comedic heights of "Look over there!". Remember when Jaida said that multiple times and how we all laughed so hard each time? Those were the days.

by Anonymousreply 563March 20, 2021 2:50 PM

Stand out from last night's episode - the Pit Crew's Bryce. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it seemed like he was heavily featured, both in the mini challenge and the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 564March 20, 2021 2:57 PM

Somebody on Reddit noted that Kandy's runway looked like a Teletubby with green pussy hair.

by Anonymousreply 565March 20, 2021 4:31 PM

I thought Utica looked and moved like a proper model on her runway look. But that commercial? Tragic.

Unfortunately still hatewatching this.

by Anonymousreply 566March 20, 2021 4:43 PM

If Mik wins as some are saying then she will be the least talented queen ever! She has nothing.

by Anonymousreply 567March 20, 2021 5:01 PM

Doesn't she have a vagina r567.

by Anonymousreply 568March 20, 2021 5:04 PM

They "loved" Kandy's runaway? And she's so "funny?" All of these judges need to be fired and their heads cut off and their bodies thrown into a ditch.

by Anonymousreply 569March 20, 2021 5:24 PM

Gottmik is an example of female privilege.

by Anonymousreply 570March 20, 2021 5:28 PM

Mik has a conventional woman's body (minus the breasts.) She has a slim waist, hips and nice legs. She passes for a woman very well maybe because...oh well.

by Anonymousreply 571March 20, 2021 5:40 PM

I'm struggling to see how the judges found Kandy's commercial funny. Symone was the only one that actually made me laugh out.

by Anonymousreply 572March 20, 2021 5:41 PM

Thrilled one of the mean girls is gone! Now the other two cunts!

by Anonymousreply 573March 20, 2021 5:45 PM

Kandy feels like Ru trolling at this point.

by Anonymousreply 574March 20, 2021 5:52 PM

R574 The whole season feels like trolling. It’s an entire season of filler queens plus Symone.

by Anonymousreply 575March 20, 2021 5:58 PM

Is there a thread for Part 4 that I am missing?

People posting on phones have a harder time the bigger the thread gets, and we are only 25 away from the "magic number" where we will need one anyway.

by Anonymousreply 576March 20, 2021 7:47 PM

Every where I've read on social media, entertainment websites, etc, the overwhelming feeling is dislike and confusion over last night's episode, much of which has already been mentioned here - Kandy's "hilarious" commercial along with her runway look which should have put her in the bottom two, Utica's forced wackiness which made her commercial so bad, and so on. As noted above, seems a lot of people are hatewatching this season which probably doesn't escape Ru and WOW's attention, as long as eyes are tuning in every week.

by Anonymousreply 577March 20, 2021 8:17 PM

R576 just created one for all of us

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578March 20, 2021 8:39 PM

Kandy's runway were two things Michelle hates. A body suit and the color green? Wtf? How is this a great runway? And Carson and that fat guy judge were also creaming themselves about it. Plus, she had some cheap ass alien blow up Party City thing wrapped her. Did she even tie it on her? She was holding on to it the entire time just like she did with her cheap ass outfit on her first LS with Joey. She has never put together a good look. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 579March 21, 2021 12:17 AM

what R579 said. I was surprised they were enthusiastic about it. She looked like shit

by Anonymousreply 580March 21, 2021 12:27 AM

I think Tina is talented, but her drag isn’t innovative. No one under 75 can relate past the I Love Lucy reference. I’d love to see more contemporary choices.

by Anonymousreply 581March 21, 2021 12:32 AM

You know Tina's going to jump on being in an All Stars season as soon as she can.

by Anonymousreply 582March 21, 2021 12:33 AM

R582 Well, someone has to go home first!

by Anonymousreply 583March 21, 2021 12:50 AM

Tina will be and Kandy will be the first two to jump.

by Anonymousreply 584March 21, 2021 12:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585March 21, 2021 12:54 AM

cunts!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 586March 21, 2021 1:41 AM

Kandy sounds like an adult character on Charlie Brown when she speaks.

by Anonymousreply 587March 21, 2021 2:16 AM

Gee, someone just posted the exact same thing on the new thread R587. Did you think it was so witty it bears repeating? Your hatred of Kandy Muse is pathological.

by Anonymousreply 588March 21, 2021 2:20 AM

587, you mean the teacher?

by Anonymousreply 589March 21, 2021 2:29 AM

I just want it to end.

by Anonymousreply 590March 21, 2021 2:30 AM

AS6 soon! Yippee!

by Anonymousreply 591March 21, 2021 2:30 AM

Ha!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592March 21, 2021 2:32 AM

^^^^ fryyyyyyyyyy.

by Anonymousreply 593March 21, 2021 2:39 AM

Tina is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 594March 21, 2021 2:40 AM

Mik is a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 595March 21, 2021 2:40 AM

Kandy is a Kunt!

by Anonymousreply 596March 21, 2021 2:41 AM

Michelle is a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 597March 21, 2021 2:41 AM

Mik HAS a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 598March 21, 2021 2:41 AM

Ru is a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 599March 21, 2021 2:42 AM

The producers are cunts!

by Anonymousreply 600March 21, 2021 2:42 AM

The rest of the girls are great! Love!

by Anonymousreply 601March 21, 2021 2:43 AM

Cunts !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 602March 21, 2021 3:54 AM

I'm the biggest CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 603March 21, 2021 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!