Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag Race UK - Season 2

Oh my goodness me!

This is gonna be a great season. Such great characters.

Loving it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280Last Monday at 6:22 AM

Nothing?!? Or is there another thread I'm not finding?

by Anonymousreply 101/15/2021

I did check to see if there was another thread when I posted this, but there wasn't.

Do we have any tea on the contestants?

by Anonymousreply 201/15/2021

The only tea I've heard is that one of the queens (not sure who) ends up having to drop out after testing positive for COVID but is guaranteed a spot for the next season.

by Anonymousreply 301/15/2021

I watched the first episode last night with very low expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. It has a joy about it (Mary!) that the US version lost ages ago. Everyone seems to be having a genuinely good time with a "I'm just so glad to be here" vibe that feels legit. Even RuPaul comes off as lighthearted and funny. He actually seems to be...enjoying himself! *gasp*.

by Anonymousreply 401/15/2021

Loved it. Surprise elimination. So much better than the mother ship.

by Anonymousreply 501/15/2021

A breath of fresh air compared to the US version. The Queens are generally quick-witted and funny. I think they’ve attracted a good grip after the success of the first season.

by Anonymousreply 601/16/2021

Veronica Green is SOOOOO frickin' cute as a boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 701/16/2021

Any nudes R7?

by Anonymousreply 801/16/2021

^ Just a thirst trap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 901/16/2021

It's really good, I love the queens and their sense of humour. I think Tayce is very cute out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 1001/16/2021

I am bummed at the first boot, he was actually my favorite.

Ahora looks just like Adore. Most of them are rough looking out of drag but Tayce is really good looking.

by Anonymousreply 1101/16/2021

Same, Rescue Chick. First boot was rigga morris.

by Anonymousreply 1201/16/2021

WOW Presents Plus is also running a fun follow-up to the first season called [italic]God Shave the Queens,[/italic] a docuseries that follows the S1 queens on the first-ever DRUK tour. Sort of like the recent [italic]Drag Race Vegas Revue[/italic] minus the drama. Plus, Miss Alyssa Edwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1301/17/2021

R13 That's brilliant. I did not know about that series. I've requested it from my IPTV provider.

That's Sunday afternoon taken care of!

by Anonymousreply 1401/17/2021

We watched GOD SHAVE THE QUEENS in the fall. It's great.

by Anonymousreply 1501/17/2021

Great queens. So much better than the mother slop.

by Anonymousreply 1601/21/2021

I think it has to do with what drag has turned into the US: Instagram queens with very little experience performing/entertaining a crowd. Mostly great looks but terrible personalities and not enough experience to learn/adapt to the challenges thrown at them. The UK queens seem to (mostly) be more established queens with unique personas and talents. I'm sure that'll change by the 5th season.

by Anonymousreply 1701/21/2021

Loving the season so far. They've definitely stepped it up for the runway. There is so much more light-hearted banter that is almost completely missing from the US show, and no conversation filtering to avoid backlash from the Twitter/Reddit crowds.

The only negative is that none of the Brit Crew from Season 1 seem to have returned, which is a shame as there were some absolute stunners.

Tayce is gorgeous and I correctly predicted that he'd win Trade Minister, but that underwhelming runway needed an A+ performance in the challenge to avoid being placed in the bottom, and that didn't happen.

Finally, how is Joe Black only 30?

by Anonymousreply 1801/21/2021

I thought the same about Joe Black R18

by Anonymousreply 1901/21/2021

R18 R19 Meth?

by Anonymousreply 2001/21/2021

Just from the second episode alone, I think Veronica has jumped into the lead as my favorite. Not only a good performance in the Rusical (think if they have other singing challenges, he will slay the other contestants) but also did really well on the runway. And on top of all that, didn't look half bad out of drag in the work room.

by Anonymousreply 2101/21/2021

I am enjoying it more than the US version, it just feels natural and the I love their sense of humour.

by Anonymousreply 2201/22/2021

The UK franchise continues to impress. I agree the British queens tend to be damn witty. Doing a musical making fun of the Cats movie was great.

by Anonymousreply 2301/22/2021

In the “Bats: The Rusical” challenge, Veronica Green looked exactly like Deborah Messing. I couldn’t un-see it.

by Anonymousreply 2401/22/2021

Another great episode, and hardly anyone here or...anywhere, at least that I can find, seems to be chatting about it. That dreadful bore that was the Canadian iteration got far more attention for reasons I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 2501/22/2021

I love that the bottom queens had to lip-sync to something requiring acting, emotion, and restraint rather than splits and death drops. That said, neither queen really nailed it. I wanted a virtuoso performance along the lines of Miss Latrice Royale stomping Li'l Kenya Michaels like a bug.

Also: This new season is wonderfully fresh and fun and watchable so far, but does anybody else think the judging is a little hinky? It's giving me flashbacks to [italic]Canada's Drag Race.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 2601/23/2021

[quote]Just from the second episode alone, I think Veronica has jumped into the lead as my favorite. Not only a good performance in the Rusical (think if they have other singing challenges, he will slay the other contestants) but also did really well on the runway. And on top of all that, didn't look half bad out of drag in the work room.

Boy Veronica is a little snack.

by Anonymousreply 2701/23/2021

Veronica is my choice for the winner. I don't think anyone else comes close.

by Anonymousreply 2801/23/2021

I think the competition is Lawrence Chaney's to lose. RuPaul is simply in love.

by Anonymousreply 2901/23/2021

Loving this so far! There is a different energy on the UK version compared to the US version.

by Anonymousreply 3001/23/2021

Bust a Winsom Churlhill in they own country, bitch

by Anonymousreply 3101/23/2021

I agree.

I think Dick Chaney wins!

by Anonymousreply 3201/24/2021

Is Lawrence Chaney's boy hair a wig? It's so... unusual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3301/25/2021

Bob The Drag Queen is doing his own Pit Stop for Drag Race U.K. called Purse First. He wasn't asked, but he's doing it anyway. Bob's not my favorite but he's pretty good at this sort of thing. The first episode with Aquaria was damn funny and insightful. NOT a WOW product.

Tayse is gorgeous. Can we all agree? The body too. That's a sexy ass green eyed man. I don't have a favorite performer yet, but the U.K. version is refreshing and they do their own singing, for better or worse.

The Lip Sync of Memory just reminded me of how inferior Elaine Paige was to be honest. Neither contestant did much with it. You have to know how to emote and do it like you ARE singing it yourself. It's not a song you can do much else to. This is the kind of song Latrice or Kennedy excels at, or Manila or even Ginger Minj. Got to be able to do a flat footed performance and approach it from your diaphragm and your soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2021

Tayse is indeed so very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 3501/25/2021

[quote]The Lip Sync of Memory just reminded me of how inferior Elaine Paige was to be honest. Neither contestant did much with it. You have to know how to emote and do it like you ARE singing it yourself. It's not a song you can do much else to.

I could swear Tayce caught herself once or twice about to bust out with a dance move. LOL

They worship Elaine Paige over there, but yeah, this really called for Barbra's or Betty Buckley's version.

by Anonymousreply 3601/25/2021

No one else noticed they erroneously titled the song "Memories" and not "Memory"??? You queens are slipping.

by Anonymousreply 3701/25/2021

Well that was an obvious boot... The moment they trudge out the sad stories it's byesies.

by Anonymousreply 3801/26/2021

Watched the first PURSE FIRST with Aquaria. Wasn't great, way too frenetic editing for me, but at some point Bob starts talking about Ru and the sound goes out. Obviously they said something they shouldn't. Wonder what it was about?

by Anonymousreply 3901/27/2021

The US contestants are much better looking overall than they used to be. I think that has actually hurt the quality of the series. The UK ones are more 'varied' looking, less conventionally attractive, and it makes them better characters. I don't really want or need to lust after drag queens. I just want them to entertain and impress me with creativity.

What was so good about Drag Race early on? Different people will have different answers, but what I liked:

--Many of the queens obviously got into what they did because they were misfits with rough lives. Many seemed to be dirt poor, many poorly educated, many rejected from their homes, and they were scrappy and put a lot into their performances. Now there are people like Gigi Goode who are really talented but who were brought up as suburban rich kids and they're not doing this for survival but to become STAHS. That's a different show.

--It wasn't American Idol. It wasn't a mainstream star manufacturer. It was a parody of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway with lots of silly puns and camp. It was all about creativity on a low budget. This translates to the UK version, which obviously has a smaller budget with smaller sets and no cash prizes. The lower financial stakes means more riskiness.

--There used to be a lot of attention focused on making costumes, styling and "Project Runway"-type challenges. Those seem to have been eradicated in favor of endless choreographed musical performances. The creative aspects of this show are my favorite. My least favorite are the musical numbers. I usually find them boring and sometimes even fast forward through them. The songs are almost always stupid and the heavy emphasis on them has made the show predictable and boring.

--The show was a lot more creative on a lower budget. They took the queens out into the street for challenges with the public. They had them dig through dumpsters. They had to improvise. The lighting and sets were worse but everything else about the show was better. It didn't look better but it had more heart and more spirit. Now it's just a grind, knowing as soon as this season ends, the next one will be popped out for a profit. The UK version is still special because this is only the second iteration and we had to wait for it.

It's also interesting to hear the regional variations in accent. I mapped all the contestants' locations as they introduced themselves, and the show covered pretty much all of the UK, and so it's cool as an American to get to hear and place the regional dialects and also to see the people mix with one another. Some of them seem to have so much affinity for their regions, and it's curious to see that as an American since the geography of the UK is so comparatively small and yet their regions seem as culturally defined as ours do, maybe even more so.

Anyway, so far the UK season is more interesting because of its variety and its smaller budget and more interesting contestants. It feels like it's made for fun and to entertain instead of to manufacture pop stars for a drag queen profit machine.

by Anonymousreply 4001/27/2021

This week's sashay was quite unexpected!

Lawrence and Ellie were given a "gold" mine with their colour choice, but they absolutely delivered. Their outfits were so far above the rest. And to think, they're the two youngest ones out of the entire group!

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2021

Amazing!

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2021

I was so shocked by the elimination this week, and I thought she could go all the way!

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2021

Tia Kofi's fashion really isn't there, but her reply to Michelle asking her "what do you think I'm going to say?" about her hideous garment cracked me up! "I think you're going to say it's stunning and it should have been in the top." I can't recall the last time that Drag Race US made me truly laugh. Can you IMAGINE a US queen saying that to Michelle on the runway? I sure as hell can't and if they did, even humorously, I think they'd get read by Michelle (or Ru) for having a "bad attitude" and talking back to the judges.

The UK casts (even S1, which I've been re-watching) just interact with the judges so differently than the American casts do.

R40 I agree with all your points about Drag Race UK. I think there's a really strong sense of FUN, despite any drama and tears that occur. On Drag Race US it's gotten SO SERIOUS. The queens take drag way too seriously, yes... drag is often their livelihood, so on one hand it makes sense. However, the lack of humor and irreverence sucks the air out of the damn show. American queens are coming in and self-editing (a la Kameron Michaels) so they don't get "bad edits" OR coming in as a manufactured "character" with pre-developed catchphrases and bits, etc. it takes soo much fun out of the show.

Maybe it's because drag in the UK seems to be more performance based and less look based? More queens seem to be "comedy" queens and even the "look" queens on the UK versions do give acting and comedy challenges a shot, whereas American pageant/look queens often act downright insulted to have to do comedy challenges (not ALL pageant/look queens, of course.

Well, I didn't expect to write a thesis on Drag Race UK. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 4401/29/2021

Tia is funny and has the potential to look so much better. Not this season though. Ahora is a bitch. Who looks so much like Adore Delano?

Tayse should have to do a bit more than look so damn gorgeous, but I'm thinking he can. Estina was even more sexy, but in a very manly way. His outfit and hair was kind of creepy looking, he looked so much like a man dressed as a teen figure skater. With Naomi Campbell's runway legs. Tia Kofi Annan won that lip sync fair and square, though I think the non binary in the tragic dress and yellow wig should have been in the bottom instead.

Lots of queens have talk back to the judges on Drag Race. If you're funny about it they laugh. Kennedy delighted Ru as did Sharon Needles, Joslyn Fox, good natured snarky Monet and Alaska. What they don't like is a defensive whiny attitude like Bendela, Milk, Monique Heart or Laganga displayed.

Lawrence is looking like a winner. Not a pretty one, but he's special for sure. Tayse is top four for sure and I think that Tia Kofi probably has some good acting chops. He's one weird sardonic boy, but very quick and funny. A'Whora looks like Adore but reminds me of Phi Phi O'Hara. He'll be around for awhile. Turns good looks.

They're all quite a pleasant change. Ru's line about Ellie having a chance at a better future looking that great - at the drive-through, made me laugh. RuPaul is noticeably more relaxed and fun on the U.K. seasons. The production values seem to free him up a bit to be more like his old self. He doesn't look perfect and the queens seldom do either. The Brit Crew are gorgeous, shy and DARK honey. All that ASS! Graham Norton is a fantastic judge as is Alan Carr. It's all a winning format.

by Anonymousreply 4501/29/2021

A’Whora gives me major Xavier Dolan vibes.

by Anonymousreply 4601/29/2021

I adore Tiacoffee (sp), so funny. I actually really like most of the queens and especially Tia, Lawrence and Tayce. This was a bit too much emotion of an episode for me but still better than most of the US ones in seasons

by Anonymousreply 4701/30/2021

Last episode before they shut down production due to Covid. Hope it remains as good once they started up again.

by Anonymousreply 4802/04/2021

mercy, worst of the worst.....gak!

by Anonymousreply 4902/04/2021

Drag has always existed here. It's always been rooted in misogyny but the Americanisation of it has taken it to new levels. They take a sadistic pleasure in mocking our existence and very being as women.

by Anonymousreply 5002/04/2021

I was hoping for more with regards to Ginny's exit. They really hyped her "meltdown" up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5102/04/2021

Non binary people all seem kinda touchy and kinda unfuckable. Is the non binary thing a cover for issues?

by Anonymousreply 5202/04/2021

Good riddance Ginny Lemon. It was painfully obvious that Ginny did not have the skills, talent or looks for Drag Race. His face was actually hard to look at.

by Anonymousreply 5302/04/2021

Veronica Green was given a pass by the judges because they just don't want to get rid of her yet.

I like Ginny Lemon, but she was never going to far in this competition. Neither is the forgettable Sister Sister.

by Anonymousreply 5402/04/2021

I had the feeling Veronica wasn't going to be lipsyncing because the edit kept pushing her as one of the bottom two, especially with some of the comments from the other queens. It had me thinking "It would be something if Veronica wound up being safe" and sure enough...

by Anonymousreply 5502/04/2021

Ru loves Lawrence and Veronica, clearly, that's why Lawrence didn't lip sync on Week 2 and Veronica didn't lip sync this week. Wouldn't be surprised if those two are the last ones standing.

[quote]Non binary people all seem kinda touchy...

This thought did cross my mind after Ginny walked off - and she/they did that after Ru saved zir's ass from the bottom last week, despite zir having the worst dress! Would pay a pretty £ or two to see Asstina's reaction to that.

by Anonymousreply 5602/04/2021

Despite her dreadful "fashions" I really love Tia Kofi

by Anonymousreply 5702/04/2021

Fuck me - I just found out Ginny is only 31. I was thinking 51.

by Anonymousreply 5802/04/2021

I thought was Ginny did was bad ass. She shouldn’t have been in the bottom two. Veronica had a great runway, but, it wasn’t good enough to save her from what was a horrible performance. Ginny wasn’t so funny in the challenge but was much better than Veronica (or Elle) and it is a shame we lost her before Snatch Game.

She knew if she was placed in the bottom, they wanted her gone. It was the best song she could get to quit to, with her walking out to the “set me free why don’t you baby” line. If this becomes a trend then of course it will suck. But, I doubt any other queen will attempt this. Tammy and Charlie in past seasons may have done a shit job and trolled the LSFYL, but Ginny was the first one to walk off. And her little cackle when she did it was great.

This is another reason by DRUK is better. The lack of prize money means the queens spend less on their looks and care less about staying around. Makes for better TV.

by Anonymousreply 5902/05/2021

I agree that Veronica should have been in the bottom two but I find Ginny incredibly annoying so I'm glad she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 6002/05/2021

It was the right bottom two for me, and the right one to go. I feel like Sister Sister really hasn't shown enough yet at all - I'm wondering if after the corona-break she will come back and have stepped her pussy up. I really don't like it when people blame others for not doing well.

by Anonymousreply 6102/05/2021

Yeah regarding Ginny, that's a hard 31. Looks quite a bit older and so does Joe Black who is 30.

by Anonymousreply 6202/05/2021

Unfortunately, one of the queens will not return to the post-COVID episodes because she tests positive, which is a shame because I thought she would make it to top three at least. I won’t spoil who it is.

by Anonymousreply 6302/05/2021

Maybe that queen can be on season 3?

by Anonymousreply 6402/05/2021

R63 I'm going to be on the edge of my seat now! It better not be Lawrence. This is the first time in years that I've looked forward to sitting down with a glass of wine and watching drag race. It's become a highlight of my little locked down life right now.

by Anonymousreply 6502/05/2021

Fuck drag race and the entire world of wonder enterprise. They’re like the new MTV: no one makes any money working there except the three overpaid top execs. Everyone else is paid nothing. It’s criminal.

by Anonymousreply 6602/05/2021

Unless a queen is really bad during the challenge, they can usually save themselves with a stunning look on the runway. Veronica wasn't great in the talk show, but as the judges said (paraphrased), "she wasn't bad, just passable" and at least shown up while Sister Sister mostly reacted when not in the background. While Ginny was also bad, her runway look wasn't great (although points for trying) but Veronica's was much better. So basically, when it comes down to it, judging from both the challenge and the runway, it comes down to... Veronica -/+ vs Ginny -/-

by Anonymousreply 6702/05/2021

Will there be a break in broadcasting the episodes due to the covid announcement, or did they go back and finish filming before they started airing them?

by Anonymousreply 6802/05/2021

The issue with Ginny is that she pitches clever and then... Isn't. Tia is getting the improvement storyline. She is very very clever, no way is she going home early. It was obviously Veronica's "off" week. It's Laurence's to lose, she is unexpectedly pure charisma. I don't appreciate her acting the rural fool and then pulling out the horror outfit. She's obviously sharp as hell, stop with the "who me?" act.

by Anonymousreply 6902/05/2021

R68 I think next week, there are two episodes of RPDRUK - the first where Ru announces filming is being shut down and I’m not sure what the second episode entails.

by Anonymousreply 7002/05/2021

R68 apparently there is a sort of “lockdown” episode where the queens have filmed what they got up to in lockdown which has mashed into a sort of clip show. They resumed filming proper in October or November. We’ll find out for sure soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 7102/05/2021

Apparently this happened before Ginny walked off and they didn’t include it. It all got very “bitter” indeed and they didn’t fancy a slice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7202/06/2021

Huh. I hope it's not like they did with the US contestants of S12 with their home made videos. There's something to be said for all the queens interacting together for a good show. Poor Ellie Diamond will never get her famous name introduction.

Although strangely Dragula's Halloween Special actually improved (editing, music, etc) with Covid. Those queens have so much imagination.

by Anonymousreply 7302/06/2021

Ginny seemed more sad clown than happy drag. Ginny seemed out of element.

by Anonymousreply 7402/06/2021

Tia is a star and utterly loveable, but I don’t think she needs drag to “find her light” like Lawrence and Veronica do. I could easily see her working the presenter/celeb game show circuit (which seems to be a viable career in the UK) as her boy self.

by Anonymousreply 7502/06/2021

R74 Yes and she's so schticky that I had to wonder why a queen like her would ever appear on RPDR in the first place. I suppose exposure, but... still.

Also, I still cannot BELIEVE Joe Black is supposedly only 30.

by Anonymousreply 7602/08/2021

Of course Ginny Lemon claims she has fibromyalgia.

by Anonymousreply 7702/09/2021

I think Ginny Lemon may be the most unfuckable guy to ever be on the show. Most unfuckable on the UK version at least.

by Anonymousreply 7802/09/2021

Yes R78, I completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 7902/09/2021

Aww Veronica 😥

by Anonymousreply 8002/11/2021

Sister Sister got new teeth but couldn't be bothered to get a better haircut? Okay...

by Anonymousreply 8102/11/2021

Rupaul had a Tyra Banks moment...he read those queens for filth...it had to be the 2 week quarantine that made him go ham.

by Anonymousreply 8202/11/2021

RuPaul stole his whole Drag Race persona from Tyra Banks and Tim Gunn.

He is in reality a greedy new age nonsense fracker.

by Anonymousreply 8302/11/2021

R83 I don't think "stole" is the right way to put it.

Drag Race started out as a parody of competition reality shows, then became exactly what it was parodying.

by Anonymousreply 8402/11/2021

What the fuck was up with the other Scot's seagull costume? Why did the judges like that look? It was awful! I'm so ready for whatever the fuck her name is to go home. What a big lumbering mess she is.

by Anonymousreply 8502/11/2021

Well everyone that was so upset Joe Black went home first go their wish. I like Joe Black, but everyone is not going to excel in the drag race format and he never was.

Interesting to seen the queens return after such a long break, gives a new dynamic to a drag race season. You know Veronica was devastated, she seemed like a shoe in for making it to the end.

by Anonymousreply 8602/11/2021

Not to mention Veronica was the one of the very few who looked half-way decent out of drag

by Anonymousreply 8702/11/2021

Team Lawrence Chaney.

by Anonymousreply 8802/11/2021

I was hoping Tia Kofi was coming back for a most improved award. But guess not. :(

by Anonymousreply 8902/11/2021

R89 I was cringing when she was going on about how she spent her time before shooting began again “elevating her drag” and then came out in that terrible outfit. She genuinely thought it was great.

by Anonymousreply 9002/11/2021

R86 And as this challenge was a singing and dancing one, you know she would have crushed it. However in a way it is a blessing in disguise. She gets to come back on another season and gets more exposure, better drag, and will probably be on at a time when the clubs are open and the girls can make coin.

by Anonymousreply 9102/12/2021

I can't get over the nerve of Sister Sister to copy A'Whora's outfit during quarantine. I mean, that's some nerve, but it's great drama for Drag Race. I wonder if she copied any other costumes during the hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 9202/12/2021

I love Drag Race UK, but they do all look like SHITE. (except for Tayce❤️) I'm beginning to suspect that Lawrence Chaney is laying it on a bit thick. The accent and false insecurity are getting ridiculous. He's a seasoned bitch. And still a joy to watch.

I thought Victoria's prosthetic pig nose and dress were both poorly realized and her self regard was a bit delusional. Don't miss her.

The looks are not great on this show, but the first group number last night was truly danceable. For once the judges weren't faking their enjoyment. It's an earworm for sure. Those four turned it out. AND they played the whole damn song. Tayce can dance, of course he can. sexy thing...

I love Graham Norton too. Ru is having fun, showing off those legs and hooker shoes. It's a blast.

by Anonymousreply 9302/12/2021

I know, R93, the drama with Lawrence seems a bit put on especially when he comes out and can dance and sing up a storm.

by Anonymousreply 9402/12/2021

So are A’Whora and Tayce fucking or not?

by Anonymousreply 9502/12/2021

I don't get all the Tayce love. He's goodlooking in and out of drag, but he's kind of an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9602/12/2021

Wouldn't it be amazing if they actually enter the song into Eurovision this year?

Can they??

by Anonymousreply 9702/12/2021

R87 I had to laugh at that comment. It highlights how, generally, hideous the UK queens are out of drag. Veronica really IS the most normal looking, which isn't saying much.

I'm excited to see her come back next season. I hope she'll be a bit more relaxed and calm down about the girls not thinking she's a threat, however.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9802/12/2021

[quote]I was hoping Tia Kofi was coming back for a most improved award. But guess not. :(

Her "ice cream" looked like a white mini-Snuggie, or something Meemaw might bundle up in when she feels chilly during church services.

by Anonymousreply 9902/12/2021

This was probably the best episode of drag race ever. Loved every minute of it.

I cant even watch season 13 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10002/13/2021

I am such a doofus. I JUST noticed that Tayce wears green contact lenses. He's still very handsome without them but he's only a stunner when he's wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 10102/13/2021

I don't get the lust for Tayce. Bad skin. Bad hair. Fake eyes.

Pass.

by Anonymousreply 10202/13/2021

I thought the traveler nurse was good looking.

by Anonymousreply 10302/13/2021

I agree with whoever it was that said Ru is having fun- her outfits are much better on this UK season than they have been in a long time. I thought she had given up on short dressed but she’s really been putting the legs on display.

by Anonymousreply 10402/13/2021

How do you watch this in the US?

by Anonymousreply 10502/13/2021

I loved her Ginny Lemon pussycat wig in the Werk Room.

by Anonymousreply 10602/13/2021

r105, I download it

I don't care, I still adore Joe Black:

In an interview with Screen Rant, Joe Black opened up about the reasons behind wearing an H&M dress that even the queen initially called "basic." Joe started, "As far as I was concerned, my Drag Race journey was done. I left and then production shut down. I was just waiting for them to resume filming so that it could be finished, so we could shoot the promo and all of that stuff." So when Joe received a call three weeks before production resumed with an invitation to possibly come back into the competition, things were more complicated than one might imagine: "At this point, I had sold some of my runways, because I wasn't going to need them, because I wasn't going back to Drag Race! Half of it was in storage, half of it was gone. I had sold some of it to pay my rent."

by Anonymousreply 10702/13/2021

The "Queens on Lockdown" episode is good.

by Anonymousreply 10802/13/2021

R105, it's officially on WOW Presents Plus ($4 a month). You could also try the BBC iPlayer + a free VPN, or check YT/DailyMotion or a download site.

by Anonymousreply 10902/13/2021

It's also on OUT TV in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 11002/13/2021

S1 ran on Logo, but they couldn't let [italic]that[/italic] continue.

by Anonymousreply 11102/13/2021

I thought it was obvious that Tayce wears coloured contacts, but whatever. They suit him a lot better than they did for Coco Montrese.

by Anonymousreply 11202/13/2021

I loved Ru’s rant. Of course all the fans on reddit are saying how horrible it was and how traumatic it is, but fuck off. It was great TV, even if I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 11302/13/2021

The queens have been read every time they were something that looks off-the-rack from the mall. I bet Ru was LIVID that Joe wore something like that after having 7 months to improve AND being given a second chance to race.

by Anonymousreply 11402/13/2021

R114 Practically speaking how could Joe improve his drag when a) he was only given 3 weeks notice to come on the show again and b) he had to sell his drag to make ends meet (see R107)? HOWEVER, I agree the way he styled his look was ENTIRELY wrong and he should have "read the room," as Kandy would say, and created a less matronly look than he did. A finger wave curl wig for a Eurovision performance? No. He wasn't going to comeback anyway, the returning queen RARELY returns to Drag Race (see Morgan McMichaels). I think Trixie might be the only exception.

The Queens on Lockdown episode was quite good. It humanized the queens in a way that we don't usually get to see. I came away liking all of the queens more (aside from Sister Sister who got zero airtime). My heart broke for poor Ellie Diamond who became HOMELESS during quarantine. Is she the greatest queen on the show? No, but I hope that she'll be able to earn a living from drag without having to bust her ass in a Dundee drive-thru window. Poor Veronica Green. I hope contracting Covid just before filming resumed didn't re-trigger her depression. Her boyfriend seems like a gem. I'm looking forward to seeing her next season.

The front-runners really seem to be Lawrence, Tayce and A'whora at this point, but Bimini has grown on me a lot as a queen. She's really quite funny in a subtle way. I'm starting to suspect she might make it to the finals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11502/13/2021

[quote] My heart broke for poor Ellie Diamond who became HOMELESS during quarantine.

I was shocked by this too. The story about her family not being able to afford their home anymore was so sad... I’m assuming some family members lost their jobs?

What a great special. I always wished Ru would do home visits before the finale like they do on Project Runway, American Idol and other reality shows.

by Anonymousreply 11602/13/2021

Ru doesn't even know their names 5 minutes after he leaves the workroom. He famously doesn't give a fuck about the contestants. He sure as hell wouldn't visit anyone's home.

My favorite example of how little Ru remembers the contestants is when he and Michelle had Jinkx on their podcast and Ru asked Jinkx how far she made it in the competition! He wasn't kidding.

(Ru was interested in Sharon Needles and Kennedy Davenport and made it a point to attend their shows. In a real human club. But they were exceptions.)

by Anonymousreply 11702/13/2021

Hell, Ru flat-out admitted on his podcast that he's an asshole who enjoys tearing down the queens' self-confidence.

by Anonymousreply 11802/13/2021

Tayce is sexy. And it’s not just his looks. It’s his confidence and fashion sense (outside of drag) as well. No wonder he won the hottest award.

by Anonymousreply 11902/14/2021

Veronica is so lucky to have someone that would stay with her during her depression! I always assume any guy would leave me if I show problems!

by Anonymousreply 12002/14/2021

Love the season but why do they all have the hair cuts of mental patients? Sister Sister? More like Retard Retard from that haircut.

by Anonymousreply 12102/14/2021

The mullet is extremely trendy right now in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12202/14/2021

Sister x2 got all that work done, and kept that fucking haircut?

by Anonymousreply 12302/14/2021

The legal way to way it is through WowPresents r105. It's only a few dollars. There is a website, but I just have it as an app on my roku for the season.

by Anonymousreply 12402/14/2021

I'm secretly enjoying Bob's recaps of Drag Race UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12502/14/2021

Bob's an ass. He spends half the recaps showing off his accents. But he is better at the UK recaps than he was as host of the Pit Stop. The idea that BOB can critique a fashion or runway look, makeup or hair is ridiculous. The word couture should never leave his mouth. He looks a bit better since winning because he has a full time makeup artist and wig stylist. Bob has some comedic talent, but he was never a drag queen. He's still not a convincing Drag Queen. He was the least deserving winner of Drag Race EVER. The worst clothes, makeup and wigs of any top 5 contestant, in any season. And he won Season fucking 8!!! Bob is funny, but nowhere near as funny as he finds himself.

Not a bad host or actor, which is all he ever wanted to be. Even with all the best help at his disposal - he still has terrible taste and looks like SHITE. Just more expensive SHITE.

The last two weeks The Vivienne guested on Purse First. She's a great example of a post Drag Race fashion, makeup and wig glow up! The Vivienne is far more talented than BOB in every other category too. The best Snatch Game performance of all time, and Frock Destroyers. And easy charm and humor. Pretty too. Bob is good natured in an egotistical way - but even the other winning queens believe he falls below Violet and Tyra as a Drag Race crown owner.

by Anonymousreply 12602/14/2021

Bob only won season 8 because of his so-called gay rights activism, they made sure to give him "the hero of the gays" storyline, it was obvious that he was being pushed to win the crown from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 12702/14/2021

I watched one of Bobs self released comedy specials.

Sorry, I mean I tried to watch one of Bobs self released comedy specials. It was unwatchable. Cheap production values, and simply not funny.

by Anonymousreply 12802/14/2021

R126 I also love The Vivienne, but she was not in FrockDestroyers. That was Blue, Bagga and Divina.

by Anonymousreply 12902/14/2021

R129 I have loved Bagga Chips since Drag Queens of London, especially incredible is how she has gotten her shit together. Jesus, she was a total train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 13002/14/2021

Ha, yes you're right R129! The VIV would be a Drag Race superstar in America. Maybe she's better off winning the UK. She wasn't a frock destroyer. She does look great and speaks easily and thoughtfully. I really like her. She's funny as it happens - not always trying to score points. A great performer of course. Thanks for correcting me. I really don't appreciate BOB and I guess you could tell, ha.

by Anonymousreply 13102/14/2021

Honestly I thought Davina should have won season 1. Other than her Trump I was not impressed with The Viv.

by Anonymousreply 13202/14/2021

After re-watching S1 I thought Divina was more annoying than she was initially. Always going on about her 4-octive range.

by Anonymousreply 13302/14/2021

I couldn't stand Divina, that obnoxious laugh of hers. Sometimes it sounded like it was forced and put on, like when Ru tries to laugh at the queens lame jokes during the reading challenge, you know instantly when he's faking it.

by Anonymousreply 13402/14/2021

Davina was annoying on that tour of the UK show. But at least she was more professional that the fat and useless Vinegar (always late and not caring) Strokes?

by Anonymousreply 13502/14/2021

Come on now. Don't compare the tops with the bottoms. The VIV absolutely deserved to win. It was pretty clear.

This season's winner is pretty clear too....

by Anonymousreply 13602/14/2021

R134 What show is that? Vinegar was a damn mess on the show, so I'm not surprised.

I think the cast of S2, in general, is suuuch an upgrade from S1. Most of the S1 queens were good (if annoying, like Divina), but I completely forgot about how DREADFUL Scaredy Kat and Gothy Kendoll were. I guess they needed 2 early boots, so they chose to cast those queens.

by Anonymousreply 13702/14/2021

R137 It was, shit, a six part tv series about their tour of England, like the ones they did on the US girls tour. Sorry, can't remember the name

by Anonymousreply 13802/14/2021

R137 the upgrade of contestants is generally true for most reality shows, especially from the first/premiere season.

by Anonymousreply 13902/14/2021

R137/R138, the WOW show is [italic]God Shave the Queens.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 14002/14/2021

^ Thank you! It is interesting in a small way.

by Anonymousreply 14102/14/2021

I think it was telling in the Girl Group challenge - Davina was a team player and let Bagga and Blu shine, Viv put the spotlight on her and fucked it up. There is reason Break up Bye Bye charted in the UK -but only by the Frock Destroyers. Viv was the Drag Race UK ambassador and Davina was the closest the UK had to a Ru Paul - there was bound to be an ego clash. I think Davina shined on every challenge, had better gowns and concepts -her final two look was stunning compared to Vivs.

by Anonymousreply 14202/14/2021

Girl please r127. Bob dominated Season 8. His main competition was a drag queen who could barely even walk in heels.

by Anonymousreply 14302/14/2021

Season 8 was shite.

by Anonymousreply 14402/14/2021

"UK Hun?" is #4 on the UK Top 40 charts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14502/16/2021

We are up to episode 3. The center of the RuPaul's Drag Race universe has clearly shifted from LA to London.

by Anonymousreply 14602/17/2021

I don't even watch the US show anymore. It's no fun.

by Anonymousreply 14702/17/2021

I love that dumb song R145 - it's a hit. They produce these thing in 2 days on Drag Race and that's one reason why they are always dreck. Not this time. Earworm dance track happy Bing Bang Bong Song. The UK queens sing live all the time. Not suggesting they all have stellar voices, but RuPaul can't sing at all and he's had a successful music career. Ok Hun? is too much fun.

Who the fuck wants to watch Kandy Muse drool while she talks shit OR wait for Season 13 to crown Gottmik? I tune in, but I zip through. Love Symone. UK Drag Race is fantastic, inventive and all the more surprising talents from such really homely mens. AND Tayce. ❤️

The way Lawrence entered that number kind of blew my mind. Bitch can dance and has a forcefield of energy around him. He really can't lose. But it's no shame to the others.

by Anonymousreply 14802/17/2021

Great Snatch Game!

by Anonymousreply 14902/18/2021

Did we watch the same show R149? Other than Katie Price and the Turner lady, the rest were boring to bloody awful.

The lip synch was total shit too.

by Anonymousreply 15002/18/2021

Agree. It was a pretty weak snatch game, Bimini was the only memorable part.

by Anonymousreply 15102/18/2021

Also thought that Snatch Game was on the boring side, but I attributed it to me not being British and not "getting" most of the characters or their references.

Lawrence got taken down a peg this week. He has enough talent to bounce back, but I'm getting tired of his excuses. Plus, we had to watch more tears on the runway, which I'm completely over as a viewer.

by Anonymousreply 15202/18/2021

The runway theme was a really good one. Tayce has such a beautiful thin facial bone structure. He's beautiful in and out of drag. Even moreso with his own brown eyes. We caught Ru looking at his ASS tonight. #MeToo. Lawrence needed this - the crude vagina lesbian jokes are tiresome and he showed his weaknesses in more ways than one. He was kind of tacky to be honest. I couldn't take another day of Tia Coffee. He's not as funny or beautiful as Ru thinks, but he does have a model's body. The lip sync was bad, but Tia won it in truth. It was all for drama. No one thought for a moment than Lawrence was going home. Bimini was very funny in Snatch Game and a gorgeous changeling on the runway. I don't fancy O'Whora at all. But he's got some good looks. Too much crying, I agree. But still preferable to the switchblades and canned personalities on Season 13.

by Anonymousreply 15302/18/2021

Anyone who will do Kath Day-Knight from Kath n Kim as a character is alright by me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15402/18/2021

Tia won the lipsync but there was no way you could keep her over Lawrence. I'll miss Tia though - she was fun.

by Anonymousreply 15502/18/2021

Lawrence is delusional to think that Miriam Margoyles would ever be a good choice for snatch game.

by Anonymousreply 15602/18/2021

Bing Bang Bong!

by Anonymousreply 15702/18/2021

This season and cast is so good that it actually made me furious about season 13. These are real people with personalities and talent.

Season 13 is Jans fighting over scraps to win challenges, ghetto trash with shit drag, and biological women competing with a doctor’s note.

by Anonymousreply 15802/18/2021

R156 The same could have been said about Dela when he did Maggie Smith.

I think Lawerance just got in his head, which happens some times. He just had an off night.

by Anonymousreply 15902/18/2021

The difference is that Maggie Smith is hilarious and Miriam Margoyles is a tired, musty old troll.

by Anonymousreply 16002/19/2021

[quote]Did we watch the same show [R149]? Other than Katie Price and the Turner lady, the rest were boring to bloody awful.

Hey, I guess my expectations are low after so many shitty recent US Snatch Games. Even Lawrence wasn't as that bad to me compared with some truly horrid attempts by US queens. Aiden Zhane, anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16102/19/2021

^ *wasn't that bad*

by Anonymousreply 16202/19/2021

The snatch game is usually 70-90 percent bad. It's like Saturday Night Live: almost always terrible, yet people remember it as always having been better in the past because of a few memorable skits.

by Anonymousreply 16302/19/2021

This was one of the worst snatch games ever. Bimini was the only one who was actually good in it. I thought Tayce was boring and was even worse than Tia, who really shouldn't have been in the bottom. And both queens were blah in the lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 16402/19/2021

Bimini has slowly become my favorite queen on the show. She's a clever queen, I loved the bacteria runway outfit. At first I didn't "get" what she was doing, but I've come to appreciate it.

Lawrence Cheney is great and I can't see him losing, but he's becoming a bit... much. I agree with the poster saying that he's laying it on a bit thick. There's no way that he isn't going to win at this point.

Sister Sister and her fucking flipper need to GO.

by Anonymousreply 16502/19/2021

Gemma Collins was fun on Snatch Game.

by Anonymousreply 16602/19/2021

[Quote]Plus, we had to watch more tears on the runway, which I'm completely over as a viewer.

I've gotten so sick of all the crying. Every contestant thinks they show vulnerability, but fuckin christ the "tears" get old.

by Anonymousreply 16702/19/2021

R157 I *still* have that earworm surfacing now and then in my brain. Was actually singing it earlier this morning.

by Anonymousreply 16802/19/2021

UK Hun!

by Anonymousreply 16902/19/2021

Here you go R157 and R168. Enjoy! 🪱

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17002/19/2021

I love Bimini's part the best.

by Anonymousreply 17102/19/2021

Everything about the US is second rate this year.

Bing bang bong > social media Rusical

Ru losing it on Nan in an H&M dress > everything

by Anonymousreply 17202/19/2021

Kraft's gay intern ❤️ s it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17302/19/2021

I just want to throw up every time I look at Sista Sista's face and haircut. They should have his confessionals on repeat at all the major bariatric clinics. Or do a Drag Race/My 6000lb Life cross-over.

by Anonymousreply 17402/19/2021

What an unnecessary hateful post R174. You're drunk I imagine. Stop trying so hard to be mean. You sound crazy.

by Anonymousreply 17502/19/2021

Sounds like you're lost R174

by Anonymousreply 17602/19/2021

I mean R175. This is Datalounge, not Disneyland.

by Anonymousreply 17702/19/2021

^ like I said the first time - drunk^

by Anonymousreply 17802/19/2021

[quote]Gemma Collins was fun on Snatch Game.

Gemma Collins was sat there thinking "what the fuck is this am dram Blankety Blank shit?" She could barely raise a smile, and the contrast with RuPaul's faked response to the awful impressions couldn't have been more extreme.

by Anonymousreply 17902/19/2021

[quote]Stop trying so hard to be mean.

Seriously???? Where do you think you are right now?

by Anonymousreply 18002/19/2021

I know where you are right now. And who you are right now. Back away R180. You're a disgusting piece of work on multiple threads. Fuck right off. Now.

by Anonymousreply 18102/19/2021

Alright Sista - calm down

by Anonymousreply 18202/19/2021

I haven't seen this thread before!

I'm enjoying the UK version much more than the US version this year for some reason. There's something more authentic and more interesting about the UK version.

by Anonymousreply 18302/19/2021

It's far superior - Just watch out for the MARY at R175 who's about to go on nuclear meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 18402/19/2021

I saw that R184. Weird considering the comment was standard DL speak... Musn't be from around here. I'm actually surprised Sista is still there. He'll be the next one to go I think.

I'm really sad that Tia went this week but he wasn't up to scratch. He was very likable though and I think will develop more over time.

I was thrilled that Joe Black came and went in one episode. It's weird how something that maybe works out in the nightclub setting doesn't work at all on Drag Race.

Gemma Collins was awful on the snatch game. She sat there like a blob and didn't contribute anything. I was really surprised because she is usually very watchable. Perhaps she was overwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 18502/19/2021

I wondered if Gemma got a bad edit

by Anonymousreply 18602/19/2021

You really are nuts R184. My posts on this thread are insightful, fun, illuminating and appreciative. You have a severe mental disorder. Don't call me mary, in caps or otherwise. And stop responding to you own posts. You're not fooling anyone. You're fucking INSANE. But it's your racist posts that will have you banned by Monday. I guarantee it.

by Anonymousreply 18702/19/2021

R184 it’s for other people to judge if your posts are “insightful, fun, illuminating”. Guess what, they’re not. Pompous git.

by Anonymousreply 18802/19/2021

That's what I wondered too R186. It was a really bad edit if so. She was awful. I was genuinely surprised because she is usually hilarious and larger than life. I thought she would have been a judge too. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 18902/19/2021

[quote]But it's your racist posts that will have you banned by Monday. I guarantee it.

Oh you mean those invisible, non-existant racist posts I've made?? I guess I'd better start packing my bags now.

by Anonymousreply 19002/19/2021

I'd better start packing R185's bags too since we're apparently the same person. Don't worry R185 - I'll make sure to keep the frillies separate!

by Anonymousreply 19102/19/2021

I cannot wait for Sister Sister to go home.

by Anonymousreply 19202/19/2021

R192 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 19302/20/2021

Sister Sister was barely in the episode. Must have been to bolster the Tia elimination narrative. Wonder what's on the cutting room floor.

by Anonymousreply 19402/20/2021

R194 What's on the floor? Sister Sister's flipper, most likely.

by Anonymousreply 19502/20/2021

R186 I'm not familiar with Gemma beyond "old maiden-type shoes," but I THOUGHT she was coming off deadpan on purpose. It surprised me to read people complaining about how bad she was on the panel, I just thought she was supposed to be that way!! So was she actually bad?

by Anonymousreply 19602/20/2021

R194 Sister Sister also has limited time due to the focus (once again) on Lawrence, this week on how bad he was on Snatch Game and how it hurt his psyche because he's "sooooo good at comedy"

by Anonymousreply 19702/20/2021

What I liked about Lawrence's reaction to his performance was he knew he fucked up, and was understandably angry at himself for it. I also liked his wondering aloud as to why do comedy queens tend to fuck up on Snatch Game, when comedy is their "thing". (paraphrasing but that was the gist.)

by Anonymousreply 19802/20/2021

Gemma is a reality TV queen and she is normally got more to say when she is being herself, R196, so that's why people were wondering why she was so quiet. She did come across as a bit stiff but on the panel and the lines seemed rehearsed, maybe they are.

by Anonymousreply 19902/21/2021

She was playing the part of a glamorous vamp wasn't she, rather than herself.

by Anonymousreply 20002/21/2021

R172

“Bing bang bong” isn’t a Rusical. You should be comparing Rats to the social media Rusical.

by Anonymousreply 20102/21/2021

I feel about sad for Sister, as much as she's annoying, she hasn't really done anything wrong has she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20202/21/2021

Going back to Tia and Jo Blacks lip-sync, did any one else feel a bit uncountable when Joe threw herself nearly infront of Tia when she was doing the run up the runway, I cringed a little. Do you think she was clothing at straws?

by Anonymousreply 20302/21/2021

It feels like 2 different shows: pre-break and post-break.

Lawrence Chaney came back diminished. Sister Sister came back overtly bitchy. I'm liking the new SSister.

by Anonymousreply 20402/21/2021

What is Sister receiving social media hate for? Is my memory that bad or is her transgression being overblown by a small group of the professionally aggrieved?

by Anonymousreply 20502/21/2021

R205 I think she's triggering some people with her clip on teeth and I think being a non-entity during the pre-Covid episodes and coming back with newfound confidence/attitude of sorts in the post-covid episodes.

by Anonymousreply 20602/21/2021

Fake teeth, confidence, the HORROR! Burn her at the stake.

by Anonymousreply 20702/21/2021

She’s also been caught copying A’Whora’s looks.

by Anonymousreply 20802/21/2021

While it's perfectly fine to talk shit about a public figure, it's simply trashy to send them hate on social media. People that do that need to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 20902/21/2021

Latrice, Trinity K Bonet and Jiggly Caliente all wore flippers on Season 4. What a bunch do do about nothing. And Asia O'hara's teeth looked like she just snapped in the whole set. They didn't even look make of porcelain. They teased her about it.

The brits don't go in for flashy teeth or good haircuts obviously. Sister sister is fine. The whole cast is very good. Better now that Tia Coffee and Ms. Fibromyalgia have left.

Bimini looks a fright in the workroom. But her facial structure works great for Drag. Lawrence looks 50 until he gets in his gear and THEN his youthfulness and even some sexiness emerges. Drag really is quite liberating it seems. That's why someone like Tia is such a let down. He's a homely guy who is lucky to have enough real hair, great coloring, a fine narrow face with big eyes and tall slender body. Legs forever. He should be a drag queen goddess. And yet, he always was insecure shite and dressed badly on the runway. He won't likely get a post show glow-up either. He wasn't witty. Just bitchy behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 21002/21/2021

Bimini reminds me of Jessica Cauffiel (of Legally Blonde 1+2, Valentine, White Chicks, Urban Legends Final Cut)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21102/21/2021

Tia reminds me of a glamorous Iola Boylen.

by Anonymousreply 21202/21/2021

Bimini is getting a ton of support from Katya on Twitter, and I mean a TON. She's making memes and everything. I wonder what that may or may not mean.

by Anonymousreply 21302/21/2021

I bit the bullet and signed up to watch this. Decided to watch season 2 first, and I watched all available episodes today. Loved it! I think I was smiling the whole time. SO much better than the current US season. I don’t hate any of the queens. Well, I sort of don’t like Sister Sister, and I wasn’t crazy about Jenny Lemon.

I was gutted that Veronica didn’t come back. She was my favorite. I also thought Asstina was hot. A’Whora has surprised me.

I imagine Lawrence will win, right?

by Anonymousreply 21402/21/2021

R214 I was hoping they’d bring Asstina back so we could see more of that ASS!

by Anonymousreply 21502/21/2021

They voted Joe back instead of Asstina, because Joe was the weakest of the lot.

Once you Joe Black, you never go back.

by Anonymousreply 21602/22/2021

Drag Race star Sister Sister: 'One troll described how he'd like to see me die'

A competitor on RuPaul’s Drag Race UK writes about the ‘wall of hate’ online, and asks: when will the abuse stop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21702/22/2021

People commenting about Gemma Collins being not her usual self - I read something online recently that said she was taking a step back from the whole 'GC persona' and wanting to come across as more of a serious person to be someone for people to look up to rather than a joke, so I wonder if that had factored into it at all?

Do the US people know who most of the Snatch Game characters were?

I'm really disappointed that Tia went but unfortunately I think it was the right choice, I was so frustrated that Tia really should have stepped her pussy the fuck up by this point and she's still not quite there. With her and Veronica gone who was my other favourite, I'm backing Bimini now to win.

by Anonymousreply 21802/22/2021

R218 Gemma as someone to look up to?! I'm not sure Snatch Game was the best place for her to debut her new serious and intellectual persona if true...

by Anonymousreply 21902/22/2021

Tia totally won that lipsync. I admit Lawrence did ok too, but even if he did horribly they’d still keep him. They just want to keep the fatties around. Same as US where they kept Kandy. They’re sending the fatties to the finales.

by Anonymousreply 22002/22/2021

I have been chuckling over Bimini's "the nipples are the eyes of the face" quip for days now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22102/22/2021

UK Season 1 Snatch Game might have been the best Snatch Game of any season ever.

by Anonymousreply 22202/22/2021

Fun fact - the producer of "UK Hon", Ian Masterson, has produced the last few Bananarama albums, plus stuff for Kylie/Dannii, Atomic Kitten, etc.

by Anonymousreply 22302/22/2021

UK Hun has become a hit, but do the queens who performed it (Lawrence, A'Whora, Tayce, Bimini) get any money from it?

by Anonymousreply 22402/22/2021

Bimini was a RIOT on Snatch Game. Ellie's Vicky Pollard was spot on! Surprised she was only safe because I thought it was one of the best I've ever seen on DR.

by Anonymousreply 22502/22/2021

Sister sister doesn't seem interesting enough to have death threats sent to her. Who would waste their time?

by Anonymousreply 22602/22/2021

R224 If it was worked out like Read U Wrote U was on All Stars 2, Katya said that the queens got a songwriting royalty for their percentage of the lyrics they wrote. I've heard how fucking stingy and stringent those WoW contracts are (though perhaps less so for All Stars, who knows) so I was surprised. That shit can add up, obviously especially if the song is a big hit, like the UK queens are enjoying right now. Considering their options are next to nonexistent for making any money right now, that could be a nice and very welcome chunk of change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22702/22/2021

[quote]Sister sister doesn't seem interesting enough to have death threats sent to her. Who would waste their time?

Precisely. She does, however, seem like the type of person to make a hysterical mountain out of a miniscule molehill, so ......

by Anonymousreply 22802/22/2021

^^^ Uh-oh, is that a DEATH THREAT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22902/22/2021

For some strange reason Lawrence reminds me of Lewis Capaldi.

I just can't not laugh at Sister Sister's hair. I mean what the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 23002/25/2021

Sister Sister is so middle tier

by Anonymousreply 23102/25/2021

I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY FUCKING H&M!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23202/25/2021

[quote] Tia is a star and utterly loveable, but I don’t think she needs drag to “find her light” like Lawrence and Veronica do. I could easily see her working the presenter/celeb game show circuit (which seems to be a viable career in the UK) as her boy self.

IAWTC. He seems way more confident and ‘himself’ as a man. His drag comes across more as ‘dress-up’ to me.

The whole time I’ve been thinking how much he reminds me of Nick Grimshaw (BBC radio presenter and tv host). Not just because of the accent, but also the somehow non-feminine swish and the general ‘over it’ hipstery sarcastic vibe and attitude. Tia is just like him (though much less of a twat), and all those other type of deadpan mildly-bitchy too-cool-for-this 30-ish tv presenters off Channel 4 back in the late 2000s.

However, added to that Tia’s also got a bit of the campy, silly, naughty nudge-winkiness of children’s tv presenters of the 90s. He could absolutely present a CBBC show, or rebooted game or quiz show for adults; his voice and manner work for both.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23302/25/2021

[quote] IAWTC

You can't just say "agreed"? What is this TWoP?

by Anonymousreply 23402/25/2021

R218 I didn’t, with the exception of Scary Spice and Vicky Pollard, and in the latter I have only seen one skit.

I have heard a lot of Brits say that Elle did a good job, and that Ru just didn’t get it. But, I do not know how true that is.

As for Bimni, that was a character that the audience didn’t really need to know who Katie Price was, and so it was good. Slutty lady who talks weird is just funny. Where as someone like Elle may have done a good impression but it was very UK centric.

by Anonymousreply 23502/25/2021

Tonight was the right choice. I do feel sorry for Sister Sister because she’s said she’s been getting trolled severely online. I don’t know why though, it’s just TV. Calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 23602/25/2021

How the hell did Sister Sister win the Reading is Fundamental mini-challenge? Not that the advantage of winning it did her any good in the end, but still.

Love a design challenge, and A'Whora came through with an amazing look.

by Anonymousreply 23702/25/2021

Once again a great episode that blew anything on S13 out the water.

None of the looks were horrible. But A’whoras was just in another world. I think the best look to ever come out of a unconventional material runway. I do think a lot of the queens forgot the whole super hero theme.

I feel bad for Elle. She is good at what she does. But just that. She seems to the best best queen who not have much C U N or T. I am sure it partly is because she is so young. Sure, Aquaria was her age, but she was also a rich kid who lived in NY.

by Anonymousreply 23802/25/2021

A'whora really looked wonderful on the runway. Probably my favorite look of the season.

by Anonymousreply 23902/25/2021

Tayce looked gorj tonight despite her crappy couture.

by Anonymousreply 24002/25/2021

I love A’Whora, I can’t help it. Yes, she’s a bitch, but she’s also in on the joke. That’s how you know this is such a wonderful season, event the cuntiest queens in the cast are so loveable and talented.

Ellie is very talented and probably would make top 3 in a less strong season (she would WIN this US season) but I fear she is not long for the competition. I have so much respect for her though because it seems she really has had a lot of hardships in her life.... a formerly homeless 21 year old working at a fast food drive through to pay for a career in drag is an incredible story.

by Anonymousreply 24102/25/2021

R241 I agree about Ellie, this competition isn’t hers to win, but she has all the potential to become an excellent queen as she matures. Not to get too cunty, but we have Sister Sister whinging about all the “death threats” he’s received, but I haven’t heard an OUNCE of self pity from Ellie about her difficult life circumstances. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. It do take nerve to be a formerly homeless Scottish drag queen working at a drive through!

I haven’t enjoyed a queen based on sentimental reasons like this since Chi Chi! 😥

by Anonymousreply 24202/25/2021

Does Sister Sister come from money?

by Anonymousreply 243Last Friday at 4:45 AM

R243 She said she works a 9 to 5 office job in the COVID episode.

by Anonymousreply 244Last Friday at 11:39 AM

Lawrence Cheaney's tik toks are to die for. I don't really like Elli's paint - it is the same everytime but then so again is Trixie's. She just not seem to have a personality (Ellie not Trixie).

by Anonymousreply 245Last Friday at 12:01 PM

Agree with R242. I think Ellie’s very talented (and what a trouper IRL), but as good and polished as her looks are they invariably feel a bit “juniors section” - and as unfair as it may be I don’t find them as thrilling as A’hora’s fashion slut looks or Lawrence’s milf drag when it’s firing on all cylinders .

by Anonymousreply 246Last Friday at 12:10 PM

Tayce looked like a fucking showgirl in that short wig and makeup. He could play Josephine Baker or Naomi Campbell. The outfit was terrible, but he is one gorgeous man and queen. And he has all the talent too. I like that he's so handsome AND so gay. He's kind to the others, in a bitchy way. Turns me on, he does. Sister sister was a sweet guy too. The U.K. version seems much more fair in the challenge and edits and who goes home. But no way will Ru not crown Lawrence Chaney, who is dropping in my opinion.

Every week I lose a bit more enthusiasm for Lawrence Chaney. He is talented and very quick witted. Full of surprise. But I just like Bimini better for the win. She's pretty and odd and not so desperate. Fashion and a tiny little beauty is in there. But she likes being a freak too. Very modern. It's just my bias. I'm sure Lawrence will win.

A'Whora is not very nice to Tayce, They may live together, but they are for sure just roommates. A lot of jealousy there. A'Whora reminds me so much of Adore Delano. Not as confident as he comes across, But likeable in a bratty way. That blue look with silver belt. Her legs and shoulders and shoes and face paint color was everything. Drag Race back to its roots. Unconventional sewing and design challenge! It's never been done better. Not even by Raja.(Y_UK) Whora is a bit like Detox too. Never beautiful or nice - but a great creation.

by Anonymousreply 247Last Friday at 4:08 PM

Call me crazy but A'whora in his COVID pajama bottoms and bare feet was hot.

by Anonymousreply 248Last Saturday at 5:09 PM

Yeah, either Katya knows that Bimini doesn't win is but blowing her up her talent hard, and giving her a shit load of love. (I do think LC is going to win), or Katya is out of any fucks to give, has nothing left to owe the WoW franchise, and is plainly saying: Look At Her! (Bimini might win after all!)

by Anonymousreply 249Last Saturday at 11:12 PM

[quote]I just like Bimini better for the win. She's pretty and odd and not so desperate. Fashion and a tiny little beauty is in there. But she likes being a freak too. Very modern

I find Bimini fishy as fuck. Effortlessly feminine.

by Anonymousreply 250Last Saturday at 11:18 PM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251Last Saturday at 11:37 PM

Weird how the dynamic changed after lockdown. I think they should do it more. Take a one month break mid-filming and come back and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 252Last Sunday at 3:24 AM

R252 That happened on season 3, for a few weeks. Allegedly, Shangela and Mimi's fight was worse than they were able to show on air. Stacey Layne Matthews spills the tea here, henny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253Last Sunday at 9:14 AM

I legit went 'ooOO00oooo' when Ahora popped his sleeves

by Anonymousreply 254Last Sunday at 9:41 AM

So did I, rescue-chick. I love an unexpected WOW factor in a runway look.

by Anonymousreply 255Last Sunday at 9:47 AM

The sleeve pop was stunning, although I'm pretty sure they added the sound effects

by Anonymousreply 256Last Sunday at 11:14 AM

The sleeve pop reminded me of a scene in Jurassic Park where a dinosaur suddenly displays some gill-like neck features.

by Anonymousreply 257Last Sunday at 1:37 PM

Did anyone else notice how dark Raven's skin looked? I don't remember her being that shade, is she black?

by Anonymousreply 258Last Sunday at 2:35 PM

Raven is of Russian heritage. (Petruschin) Native Californian who started selling cosmetics and worked as a makeup artist before doing drag. David loves to TAN. And his lips are FILLED UP honey. A true bitch of a queen, but he looks great and he originated so many of the looks we still see variations of today. He's perfected the RuPaul look, once again - after a few questionable seasons.

Raven is making money and collecting Emmys. I don't think he performs much anymore. He's always phoning in the Fashion Review shows. Visibly impatient guy. I thought he was one of the meanest contestants on Drag Race ever. I still do. But the bitch looks good.

by Anonymousreply 259Last Sunday at 3:04 PM

Raven looks stunning in drag but out of drag his cosmetic enhancements are... oof. I am biased though because he's one of the only drag queens I was attracted to when I watched season 2.

by Anonymousreply 260Last Sunday at 3:07 PM

I LOVE Raven's look when he's glammed up. He deserves the status he has in the industry.

Apparently Ru isn't the easiest queen to get "done". She's gone through a few artists, and even Raven with that talent had a rough go working on Ru, though it finally has settled as r259 pointed out.

Jujubee and Raven were such fun pals on the show (and apparently they are still close) they really did look out for each other, and it was fun seeing Raven's softer side. JuJubee always got Raven to laugh and vice versa. Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 261Last Sunday at 3:20 PM

What Bimini looks like in Drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262Last Sunday at 3:22 PM

Did anyone else think Sister Sister was the spitting image of Eve Arden in the last challenge/runway?

by Anonymousreply 263Last Sunday at 3:46 PM

Maybe you've seen this before R261? If not, it's fun. Jujubee, who seldom leaves Boston, came out to surprise Raven for her Birthday at Showgirls. The video is not new, but they remain good friends. Jujubee is performing Dancing on My Own with Raven's mother!! Somewhere there is a little behind the scene footage. But it was an honest surprise. The fact that Jujubee loves Raven, makes me like David a bit more.

We've hired JuJu for corporate events and a friends BDay, by the way. He is everything you would expect. Really funny and sweet. Quick and kind. Not fond of travelling - but very reliable. Drugs or not. Airplane was just a partier who decided it was time to quit. I think he's one of the best stage performers /lip synchers ever. He knows what a drag queen does. Or used to do. Embodies the song and gives the audience his full effort and attention. I hate that he never fully excelled on Drag Race or All Stars.

The clubs in Chicago and L.A. are still the place to see some of the non *superstar* queens. (Texas and Florida too, apparently) They put on the kind of show they are best at giving. Not Werk the World bad choreo, scripted Snatch Games and awkward group numbers....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264Last Sunday at 4:09 PM

r264 A drag queen called Airplane...

by Anonymousreply 265Last Sunday at 4:28 PM

You're a nasty piece of work R265. We see you. EXACTLY you. Anyone can start these threads. You'll never end our appreciative discussion. Your heart is as black as night. ☮️

by Anonymousreply 266Last Sunday at 4:37 PM

JuJu makes her own jokes about being named "Airline" (government name Airline Inthyrath) so, unclench r266

by Anonymousreply 267Last Sunday at 5:09 PM

r261 I have not seen that before, many thanks for sharing it!

by Anonymousreply 268Last Sunday at 5:11 PM

R267 Ahhh, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 269Last Sunday at 5:13 PM

I second r268 r261! I am going to have to s3nd that to my b3stie who moved cross country. she had never seen rpdr before and we watched that episode and she BAWLED LIKE A BABY. this will definitely bring on the long distance tears!

by Anonymousreply 270Last Sunday at 5:14 PM

Awww r-c, you know we love you. *smooches*

by Anonymousreply 271Last Sunday at 5:17 PM

awww, i ❤️ you too ysmgdh! I even said so on the thread about favorite names on here

by Anonymousreply 272Last Sunday at 5:20 PM

It's R264 who deserves all credit. Thanks for great footage and post! I love Juju. She looks great there. A good friend and part of the family. Too bad that Raven was generally so toxic. The L.A. queens are tough. Willam and Raven HATE each other. And Raven is pretty mean to a lot of others too. Willam is a sociopathic asshole who hates RuPaul, but he has his good points. And unlike Raven, he's loyal. Airplane is the best. That's what we call him. Get over yourself R265.

by Anonymousreply 273Last Sunday at 5:22 PM

R273 Are you referring to me in your signature?

Not that I owe an explanation to you or to anyone, but when we had to have authenticated names, I kept drawing a blank. During one of our mutual ear hair removal sessions (yes, getting older together is wicked sexy), my long suffering husband who usually has no time for the housewives suggested it, and it resonated and here I am. When I remember to tick the box that is, which is rare.

I'm sure you are all fascinated as to how it came to being.

by Anonymousreply 274Last Sunday at 5:31 PM

The explanation is worse than the moniker! For a woman, you have a lot of ear hair? Your poor husband.

Best of luck to you both R274.

by Anonymousreply 275Last Sunday at 5:37 PM

Yes King. I am as much of a woman as you are a King. *eyeroll*

Hang on, wait. If this is Larry King speaking from the great beyond, boy do I have some questions!

by Anonymousreply 276Last Sunday at 5:42 PM

Why all the ancient white gays got to announce it when they roll their eyes? We can see you lispers acting like teenage girls. Sad. Be a man or call in your husband for assistance.

by Anonymousreply 277Last Sunday at 5:49 PM

R277 Everytime. Putrid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 278Last Sunday at 5:52 PM

You don't sound very ladylike R278. Everytime. Misogynist and racist. Your filth is all over this site.

by Anonymousreply 279Last Sunday at 6:06 PM

Meanwhile, back to the actual show and topic, rather than the usual DL dumpster fires...

by Anonymousreply 280Last Monday at 6:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!