Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag Race UK - Season 2

Oh my goodness me!

This is gonna be a great season. Such great characters.

Loving it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525June 16, 2021 9:33 AM

Nothing?!? Or is there another thread I'm not finding?

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2021 1:04 AM

I did check to see if there was another thread when I posted this, but there wasn't.

Do we have any tea on the contestants?

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2021 1:12 AM

The only tea I've heard is that one of the queens (not sure who) ends up having to drop out after testing positive for COVID but is guaranteed a spot for the next season.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2021 1:15 AM

I watched the first episode last night with very low expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. It has a joy about it (Mary!) that the US version lost ages ago. Everyone seems to be having a genuinely good time with a "I'm just so glad to be here" vibe that feels legit. Even RuPaul comes off as lighthearted and funny. He actually seems to be...enjoying himself! *gasp*.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2021 1:23 AM

Loved it. Surprise elimination. So much better than the mother ship.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2021 1:33 AM

A breath of fresh air compared to the US version. The Queens are generally quick-witted and funny. I think they’ve attracted a good grip after the success of the first season.

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2021 4:34 PM

Veronica Green is SOOOOO frickin' cute as a boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2021 5:38 PM

Any nudes R7?

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2021 6:13 PM

^ Just a thirst trap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2021 7:13 PM

It's really good, I love the queens and their sense of humour. I think Tayce is very cute out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2021 8:32 PM

I am bummed at the first boot, he was actually my favorite.

Ahora looks just like Adore. Most of them are rough looking out of drag but Tayce is really good looking.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2021 10:58 PM

Same, Rescue Chick. First boot was rigga morris.

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2021 12:20 AM

WOW Presents Plus is also running a fun follow-up to the first season called [italic]God Shave the Queens,[/italic] a docuseries that follows the S1 queens on the first-ever DRUK tour. Sort of like the recent [italic]Drag Race Vegas Revue[/italic] minus the drama. Plus, Miss Alyssa Edwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2021 11:29 AM

R13 That's brilliant. I did not know about that series. I've requested it from my IPTV provider.

That's Sunday afternoon taken care of!

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2021 12:36 PM

We watched GOD SHAVE THE QUEENS in the fall. It's great.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2021 2:02 PM

Great queens. So much better than the mother slop.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2021 5:27 PM

I think it has to do with what drag has turned into the US: Instagram queens with very little experience performing/entertaining a crowd. Mostly great looks but terrible personalities and not enough experience to learn/adapt to the challenges thrown at them. The UK queens seem to (mostly) be more established queens with unique personas and talents. I'm sure that'll change by the 5th season.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2021 5:48 PM

Loving the season so far. They've definitely stepped it up for the runway. There is so much more light-hearted banter that is almost completely missing from the US show, and no conversation filtering to avoid backlash from the Twitter/Reddit crowds.

The only negative is that none of the Brit Crew from Season 1 seem to have returned, which is a shame as there were some absolute stunners.

Tayce is gorgeous and I correctly predicted that he'd win Trade Minister, but that underwhelming runway needed an A+ performance in the challenge to avoid being placed in the bottom, and that didn't happen.

Finally, how is Joe Black only 30?

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2021 10:50 PM

I thought the same about Joe Black R18

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2021 11:18 PM

R18 R19 Meth?

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2021 11:40 PM

Just from the second episode alone, I think Veronica has jumped into the lead as my favorite. Not only a good performance in the Rusical (think if they have other singing challenges, he will slay the other contestants) but also did really well on the runway. And on top of all that, didn't look half bad out of drag in the work room.

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2021 3:57 AM

I am enjoying it more than the US version, it just feels natural and the I love their sense of humour.

by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2021 10:51 AM

The UK franchise continues to impress. I agree the British queens tend to be damn witty. Doing a musical making fun of the Cats movie was great.

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2021 10:57 AM

In the “Bats: The Rusical” challenge, Veronica Green looked exactly like Deborah Messing. I couldn’t un-see it.

by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2021 12:35 PM

Another great episode, and hardly anyone here or...anywhere, at least that I can find, seems to be chatting about it. That dreadful bore that was the Canadian iteration got far more attention for reasons I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2021 5:26 AM

I love that the bottom queens had to lip-sync to something requiring acting, emotion, and restraint rather than splits and death drops. That said, neither queen really nailed it. I wanted a virtuoso performance along the lines of Miss Latrice Royale stomping Li'l Kenya Michaels like a bug.

Also: This new season is wonderfully fresh and fun and watchable so far, but does anybody else think the judging is a little hinky? It's giving me flashbacks to [italic]Canada's Drag Race.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote]Just from the second episode alone, I think Veronica has jumped into the lead as my favorite. Not only a good performance in the Rusical (think if they have other singing challenges, he will slay the other contestants) but also did really well on the runway. And on top of all that, didn't look half bad out of drag in the work room.

Boy Veronica is a little snack.

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2021 6:05 PM

Veronica is my choice for the winner. I don't think anyone else comes close.

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2021 8:42 PM

I think the competition is Lawrence Chaney's to lose. RuPaul is simply in love.

by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2021 1:01 AM

Loving this so far! There is a different energy on the UK version compared to the US version.

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2021 2:33 AM

Bust a Winsom Churlhill in they own country, bitch

by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2021 3:17 AM

I agree.

I think Dick Chaney wins!

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2021 9:09 PM

Is Lawrence Chaney's boy hair a wig? It's so... unusual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2021 7:11 PM

Bob The Drag Queen is doing his own Pit Stop for Drag Race U.K. called Purse First. He wasn't asked, but he's doing it anyway. Bob's not my favorite but he's pretty good at this sort of thing. The first episode with Aquaria was damn funny and insightful. NOT a WOW product.

Tayse is gorgeous. Can we all agree? The body too. That's a sexy ass green eyed man. I don't have a favorite performer yet, but the U.K. version is refreshing and they do their own singing, for better or worse.

The Lip Sync of Memory just reminded me of how inferior Elaine Paige was to be honest. Neither contestant did much with it. You have to know how to emote and do it like you ARE singing it yourself. It's not a song you can do much else to. This is the kind of song Latrice or Kennedy excels at, or Manila or even Ginger Minj. Got to be able to do a flat footed performance and approach it from your diaphragm and your soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 25, 2021 9:37 PM

Tayse is indeed so very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 35January 25, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]The Lip Sync of Memory just reminded me of how inferior Elaine Paige was to be honest. Neither contestant did much with it. You have to know how to emote and do it like you ARE singing it yourself. It's not a song you can do much else to.

I could swear Tayce caught herself once or twice about to bust out with a dance move. LOL

They worship Elaine Paige over there, but yeah, this really called for Barbra's or Betty Buckley's version.

by Anonymousreply 36January 25, 2021 10:07 PM

No one else noticed they erroneously titled the song "Memories" and not "Memory"??? You queens are slipping.

by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2021 2:14 AM

Well that was an obvious boot... The moment they trudge out the sad stories it's byesies.

by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2021 1:08 PM

Watched the first PURSE FIRST with Aquaria. Wasn't great, way too frenetic editing for me, but at some point Bob starts talking about Ru and the sound goes out. Obviously they said something they shouldn't. Wonder what it was about?

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2021 10:37 AM

The US contestants are much better looking overall than they used to be. I think that has actually hurt the quality of the series. The UK ones are more 'varied' looking, less conventionally attractive, and it makes them better characters. I don't really want or need to lust after drag queens. I just want them to entertain and impress me with creativity.

What was so good about Drag Race early on? Different people will have different answers, but what I liked:

--Many of the queens obviously got into what they did because they were misfits with rough lives. Many seemed to be dirt poor, many poorly educated, many rejected from their homes, and they were scrappy and put a lot into their performances. Now there are people like Gigi Goode who are really talented but who were brought up as suburban rich kids and they're not doing this for survival but to become STAHS. That's a different show.

--It wasn't American Idol. It wasn't a mainstream star manufacturer. It was a parody of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway with lots of silly puns and camp. It was all about creativity on a low budget. This translates to the UK version, which obviously has a smaller budget with smaller sets and no cash prizes. The lower financial stakes means more riskiness.

--There used to be a lot of attention focused on making costumes, styling and "Project Runway"-type challenges. Those seem to have been eradicated in favor of endless choreographed musical performances. The creative aspects of this show are my favorite. My least favorite are the musical numbers. I usually find them boring and sometimes even fast forward through them. The songs are almost always stupid and the heavy emphasis on them has made the show predictable and boring.

--The show was a lot more creative on a lower budget. They took the queens out into the street for challenges with the public. They had them dig through dumpsters. They had to improvise. The lighting and sets were worse but everything else about the show was better. It didn't look better but it had more heart and more spirit. Now it's just a grind, knowing as soon as this season ends, the next one will be popped out for a profit. The UK version is still special because this is only the second iteration and we had to wait for it.

It's also interesting to hear the regional variations in accent. I mapped all the contestants' locations as they introduced themselves, and the show covered pretty much all of the UK, and so it's cool as an American to get to hear and place the regional dialects and also to see the people mix with one another. Some of them seem to have so much affinity for their regions, and it's curious to see that as an American since the geography of the UK is so comparatively small and yet their regions seem as culturally defined as ours do, maybe even more so.

Anyway, so far the UK season is more interesting because of its variety and its smaller budget and more interesting contestants. It feels like it's made for fun and to entertain instead of to manufacture pop stars for a drag queen profit machine.

by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2021 11:02 AM

This week's sashay was quite unexpected!

Lawrence and Ellie were given a "gold" mine with their colour choice, but they absolutely delivered. Their outfits were so far above the rest. And to think, they're the two youngest ones out of the entire group!

by Anonymousreply 41January 28, 2021 11:39 PM

Amazing!

by Anonymousreply 42January 28, 2021 11:45 PM

I was so shocked by the elimination this week, and I thought she could go all the way!

by Anonymousreply 43January 29, 2021 7:22 AM

Tia Kofi's fashion really isn't there, but her reply to Michelle asking her "what do you think I'm going to say?" about her hideous garment cracked me up! "I think you're going to say it's stunning and it should have been in the top." I can't recall the last time that Drag Race US made me truly laugh. Can you IMAGINE a US queen saying that to Michelle on the runway? I sure as hell can't and if they did, even humorously, I think they'd get read by Michelle (or Ru) for having a "bad attitude" and talking back to the judges.

The UK casts (even S1, which I've been re-watching) just interact with the judges so differently than the American casts do.

R40 I agree with all your points about Drag Race UK. I think there's a really strong sense of FUN, despite any drama and tears that occur. On Drag Race US it's gotten SO SERIOUS. The queens take drag way too seriously, yes... drag is often their livelihood, so on one hand it makes sense. However, the lack of humor and irreverence sucks the air out of the damn show. American queens are coming in and self-editing (a la Kameron Michaels) so they don't get "bad edits" OR coming in as a manufactured "character" with pre-developed catchphrases and bits, etc. it takes soo much fun out of the show.

Maybe it's because drag in the UK seems to be more performance based and less look based? More queens seem to be "comedy" queens and even the "look" queens on the UK versions do give acting and comedy challenges a shot, whereas American pageant/look queens often act downright insulted to have to do comedy challenges (not ALL pageant/look queens, of course.

Well, I didn't expect to write a thesis on Drag Race UK. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 44January 29, 2021 6:32 PM

Tia is funny and has the potential to look so much better. Not this season though. Ahora is a bitch. Who looks so much like Adore Delano?

Tayse should have to do a bit more than look so damn gorgeous, but I'm thinking he can. Estina was even more sexy, but in a very manly way. His outfit and hair was kind of creepy looking, he looked so much like a man dressed as a teen figure skater. With Naomi Campbell's runway legs. Tia Kofi Annan won that lip sync fair and square, though I think the non binary in the tragic dress and yellow wig should have been in the bottom instead.

Lots of queens have talk back to the judges on Drag Race. If you're funny about it they laugh. Kennedy delighted Ru as did Sharon Needles, Joslyn Fox, good natured snarky Monet and Alaska. What they don't like is a defensive whiny attitude like Bendela, Milk, Monique Heart or Laganga displayed.

Lawrence is looking like a winner. Not a pretty one, but he's special for sure. Tayse is top four for sure and I think that Tia Kofi probably has some good acting chops. He's one weird sardonic boy, but very quick and funny. A'Whora looks like Adore but reminds me of Phi Phi O'Hara. He'll be around for awhile. Turns good looks.

They're all quite a pleasant change. Ru's line about Ellie having a chance at a better future looking that great - at the drive-through, made me laugh. RuPaul is noticeably more relaxed and fun on the U.K. seasons. The production values seem to free him up a bit to be more like his old self. He doesn't look perfect and the queens seldom do either. The Brit Crew are gorgeous, shy and DARK honey. All that ASS! Graham Norton is a fantastic judge as is Alan Carr. It's all a winning format.

by Anonymousreply 45January 30, 2021 3:14 AM

A’Whora gives me major Xavier Dolan vibes.

by Anonymousreply 46January 30, 2021 3:54 AM

I adore Tiacoffee (sp), so funny. I actually really like most of the queens and especially Tia, Lawrence and Tayce. This was a bit too much emotion of an episode for me but still better than most of the US ones in seasons

by Anonymousreply 47January 31, 2021 1:27 AM

Last episode before they shut down production due to Covid. Hope it remains as good once they started up again.

by Anonymousreply 48February 4, 2021 7:53 PM

mercy, worst of the worst.....gak!

by Anonymousreply 49February 4, 2021 9:14 PM

Drag has always existed here. It's always been rooted in misogyny but the Americanisation of it has taken it to new levels. They take a sadistic pleasure in mocking our existence and very being as women.

by Anonymousreply 50February 4, 2021 9:21 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 4, 2021 10:09 PM

Non binary people all seem kinda touchy and kinda unfuckable. Is the non binary thing a cover for issues?

by Anonymousreply 52February 5, 2021 12:17 AM

Good riddance Ginny Lemon. It was painfully obvious that Ginny did not have the skills, talent or looks for Drag Race. His face was actually hard to look at.

by Anonymousreply 53February 5, 2021 1:01 AM

Veronica Green was given a pass by the judges because they just don't want to get rid of her yet.

I like Ginny Lemon, but she was never going to far in this competition. Neither is the forgettable Sister Sister.

by Anonymousreply 54February 5, 2021 3:58 AM

I had the feeling Veronica wasn't going to be lipsyncing because the edit kept pushing her as one of the bottom two, especially with some of the comments from the other queens. It had me thinking "It would be something if Veronica wound up being safe" and sure enough...

by Anonymousreply 55February 5, 2021 4:10 AM

Ru loves Lawrence and Veronica, clearly, that's why Lawrence didn't lip sync on Week 2 and Veronica didn't lip sync this week. Wouldn't be surprised if those two are the last ones standing.

[quote]Non binary people all seem kinda touchy...

This thought did cross my mind after Ginny walked off - and she/they did that after Ru saved zir's ass from the bottom last week, despite zir having the worst dress! Would pay a pretty £ or two to see Asstina's reaction to that.

by Anonymousreply 56February 5, 2021 4:28 AM

Despite her dreadful "fashions" I really love Tia Kofi

by Anonymousreply 57February 5, 2021 8:26 AM

Fuck me - I just found out Ginny is only 31. I was thinking 51.

by Anonymousreply 58February 5, 2021 8:30 AM

I thought was Ginny did was bad ass. She shouldn’t have been in the bottom two. Veronica had a great runway, but, it wasn’t good enough to save her from what was a horrible performance. Ginny wasn’t so funny in the challenge but was much better than Veronica (or Elle) and it is a shame we lost her before Snatch Game.

She knew if she was placed in the bottom, they wanted her gone. It was the best song she could get to quit to, with her walking out to the “set me free why don’t you baby” line. If this becomes a trend then of course it will suck. But, I doubt any other queen will attempt this. Tammy and Charlie in past seasons may have done a shit job and trolled the LSFYL, but Ginny was the first one to walk off. And her little cackle when she did it was great.

This is another reason by DRUK is better. The lack of prize money means the queens spend less on their looks and care less about staying around. Makes for better TV.

by Anonymousreply 59February 5, 2021 9:00 AM

I agree that Veronica should have been in the bottom two but I find Ginny incredibly annoying so I'm glad she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 60February 5, 2021 9:20 AM

It was the right bottom two for me, and the right one to go. I feel like Sister Sister really hasn't shown enough yet at all - I'm wondering if after the corona-break she will come back and have stepped her pussy up. I really don't like it when people blame others for not doing well.

by Anonymousreply 61February 5, 2021 9:42 AM

Yeah regarding Ginny, that's a hard 31. Looks quite a bit older and so does Joe Black who is 30.

by Anonymousreply 62February 5, 2021 11:11 AM

Unfortunately, one of the queens will not return to the post-COVID episodes because she tests positive, which is a shame because I thought she would make it to top three at least. I won’t spoil who it is.

by Anonymousreply 63February 5, 2021 12:29 PM

Maybe that queen can be on season 3?

by Anonymousreply 64February 5, 2021 2:14 PM

R63 I'm going to be on the edge of my seat now! It better not be Lawrence. This is the first time in years that I've looked forward to sitting down with a glass of wine and watching drag race. It's become a highlight of my little locked down life right now.

by Anonymousreply 65February 5, 2021 2:15 PM

Fuck drag race and the entire world of wonder enterprise. They’re like the new MTV: no one makes any money working there except the three overpaid top execs. Everyone else is paid nothing. It’s criminal.

by Anonymousreply 66February 5, 2021 2:19 PM

Unless a queen is really bad during the challenge, they can usually save themselves with a stunning look on the runway. Veronica wasn't great in the talk show, but as the judges said (paraphrased), "she wasn't bad, just passable" and at least shown up while Sister Sister mostly reacted when not in the background. While Ginny was also bad, her runway look wasn't great (although points for trying) but Veronica's was much better. So basically, when it comes down to it, judging from both the challenge and the runway, it comes down to... Veronica -/+ vs Ginny -/-

by Anonymousreply 67February 5, 2021 6:37 PM

Will there be a break in broadcasting the episodes due to the covid announcement, or did they go back and finish filming before they started airing them?

by Anonymousreply 68February 6, 2021 4:41 AM

The issue with Ginny is that she pitches clever and then... Isn't. Tia is getting the improvement storyline. She is very very clever, no way is she going home early. It was obviously Veronica's "off" week. It's Laurence's to lose, she is unexpectedly pure charisma. I don't appreciate her acting the rural fool and then pulling out the horror outfit. She's obviously sharp as hell, stop with the "who me?" act.

by Anonymousreply 69February 6, 2021 4:53 AM

R68 I think next week, there are two episodes of RPDRUK - the first where Ru announces filming is being shut down and I’m not sure what the second episode entails.

by Anonymousreply 70February 6, 2021 5:34 AM

R68 apparently there is a sort of “lockdown” episode where the queens have filmed what they got up to in lockdown which has mashed into a sort of clip show. They resumed filming proper in October or November. We’ll find out for sure soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 71February 6, 2021 7:10 AM

Apparently this happened before Ginny walked off and they didn’t include it. It all got very “bitter” indeed and they didn’t fancy a slice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 6, 2021 9:09 AM

Huh. I hope it's not like they did with the US contestants of S12 with their home made videos. There's something to be said for all the queens interacting together for a good show. Poor Ellie Diamond will never get her famous name introduction.

Although strangely Dragula's Halloween Special actually improved (editing, music, etc) with Covid. Those queens have so much imagination.

by Anonymousreply 73February 6, 2021 3:40 PM

Ginny seemed more sad clown than happy drag. Ginny seemed out of element.

by Anonymousreply 74February 6, 2021 3:53 PM

Tia is a star and utterly loveable, but I don’t think she needs drag to “find her light” like Lawrence and Veronica do. I could easily see her working the presenter/celeb game show circuit (which seems to be a viable career in the UK) as her boy self.

by Anonymousreply 75February 6, 2021 5:58 PM

R74 Yes and she's so schticky that I had to wonder why a queen like her would ever appear on RPDR in the first place. I suppose exposure, but... still.

Also, I still cannot BELIEVE Joe Black is supposedly only 30.

by Anonymousreply 76February 8, 2021 1:11 PM

Of course Ginny Lemon claims she has fibromyalgia.

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2021 8:46 PM

I think Ginny Lemon may be the most unfuckable guy to ever be on the show. Most unfuckable on the UK version at least.

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2021 8:47 PM

Yes R78, I completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2021 9:04 PM

Aww Veronica 😥

by Anonymousreply 80February 11, 2021 9:08 PM

Sister Sister got new teeth but couldn't be bothered to get a better haircut? Okay...

by Anonymousreply 81February 11, 2021 10:12 PM

Rupaul had a Tyra Banks moment...he read those queens for filth...it had to be the 2 week quarantine that made him go ham.

by Anonymousreply 82February 11, 2021 10:19 PM

RuPaul stole his whole Drag Race persona from Tyra Banks and Tim Gunn.

He is in reality a greedy new age nonsense fracker.

by Anonymousreply 83February 11, 2021 10:51 PM

R83 I don't think "stole" is the right way to put it.

Drag Race started out as a parody of competition reality shows, then became exactly what it was parodying.

by Anonymousreply 84February 12, 2021 12:11 AM

What the fuck was up with the other Scot's seagull costume? Why did the judges like that look? It was awful! I'm so ready for whatever the fuck her name is to go home. What a big lumbering mess she is.

by Anonymousreply 85February 12, 2021 1:16 AM

Well everyone that was so upset Joe Black went home first go their wish. I like Joe Black, but everyone is not going to excel in the drag race format and he never was.

Interesting to seen the queens return after such a long break, gives a new dynamic to a drag race season. You know Veronica was devastated, she seemed like a shoe in for making it to the end.

by Anonymousreply 86February 12, 2021 3:42 AM

Not to mention Veronica was the one of the very few who looked half-way decent out of drag

by Anonymousreply 87February 12, 2021 3:54 AM

Team Lawrence Chaney.

by Anonymousreply 88February 12, 2021 4:02 AM

I was hoping Tia Kofi was coming back for a most improved award. But guess not. :(

by Anonymousreply 89February 12, 2021 4:25 AM

R89 I was cringing when she was going on about how she spent her time before shooting began again “elevating her drag” and then came out in that terrible outfit. She genuinely thought it was great.

by Anonymousreply 90February 12, 2021 6:38 AM

R86 And as this challenge was a singing and dancing one, you know she would have crushed it. However in a way it is a blessing in disguise. She gets to come back on another season and gets more exposure, better drag, and will probably be on at a time when the clubs are open and the girls can make coin.

by Anonymousreply 91February 12, 2021 9:20 AM

I can't get over the nerve of Sister Sister to copy A'Whora's outfit during quarantine. I mean, that's some nerve, but it's great drama for Drag Race. I wonder if she copied any other costumes during the hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 92February 12, 2021 6:40 PM

I love Drag Race UK, but they do all look like SHITE. (except for Tayce❤️) I'm beginning to suspect that Lawrence Chaney is laying it on a bit thick. The accent and false insecurity are getting ridiculous. He's a seasoned bitch. And still a joy to watch.

I thought Victoria's prosthetic pig nose and dress were both poorly realized and her self regard was a bit delusional. Don't miss her.

The looks are not great on this show, but the first group number last night was truly danceable. For once the judges weren't faking their enjoyment. It's an earworm for sure. Those four turned it out. AND they played the whole damn song. Tayce can dance, of course he can. sexy thing...

I love Graham Norton too. Ru is having fun, showing off those legs and hooker shoes. It's a blast.

by Anonymousreply 93February 12, 2021 6:59 PM

I know, R93, the drama with Lawrence seems a bit put on especially when he comes out and can dance and sing up a storm.

by Anonymousreply 94February 12, 2021 7:21 PM

So are A’Whora and Tayce fucking or not?

by Anonymousreply 95February 12, 2021 7:23 PM

I don't get all the Tayce love. He's goodlooking in and out of drag, but he's kind of an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 96February 12, 2021 7:26 PM

Wouldn't it be amazing if they actually enter the song into Eurovision this year?

Can they??

by Anonymousreply 97February 12, 2021 7:41 PM

R87 I had to laugh at that comment. It highlights how, generally, hideous the UK queens are out of drag. Veronica really IS the most normal looking, which isn't saying much.

I'm excited to see her come back next season. I hope she'll be a bit more relaxed and calm down about the girls not thinking she's a threat, however.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 13, 2021 12:55 AM

[quote]I was hoping Tia Kofi was coming back for a most improved award. But guess not. :(

Her "ice cream" looked like a white mini-Snuggie, or something Meemaw might bundle up in when she feels chilly during church services.

by Anonymousreply 99February 13, 2021 4:02 AM

This was probably the best episode of drag race ever. Loved every minute of it.

I cant even watch season 13 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 100February 13, 2021 12:40 PM

I am such a doofus. I JUST noticed that Tayce wears green contact lenses. He's still very handsome without them but he's only a stunner when he's wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 101February 13, 2021 7:33 PM

I don't get the lust for Tayce. Bad skin. Bad hair. Fake eyes.

Pass.

by Anonymousreply 102February 13, 2021 8:01 PM

I thought the traveler nurse was good looking.

by Anonymousreply 103February 13, 2021 8:03 PM

I agree with whoever it was that said Ru is having fun- her outfits are much better on this UK season than they have been in a long time. I thought she had given up on short dressed but she’s really been putting the legs on display.

by Anonymousreply 104February 13, 2021 8:07 PM

How do you watch this in the US?

by Anonymousreply 105February 13, 2021 8:24 PM

I loved her Ginny Lemon pussycat wig in the Werk Room.

by Anonymousreply 106February 13, 2021 8:30 PM

r105, I download it

I don't care, I still adore Joe Black:

In an interview with Screen Rant, Joe Black opened up about the reasons behind wearing an H&M dress that even the queen initially called "basic." Joe started, "As far as I was concerned, my Drag Race journey was done. I left and then production shut down. I was just waiting for them to resume filming so that it could be finished, so we could shoot the promo and all of that stuff." So when Joe received a call three weeks before production resumed with an invitation to possibly come back into the competition, things were more complicated than one might imagine: "At this point, I had sold some of my runways, because I wasn't going to need them, because I wasn't going back to Drag Race! Half of it was in storage, half of it was gone. I had sold some of it to pay my rent."

by Anonymousreply 107February 13, 2021 9:03 PM

The "Queens on Lockdown" episode is good.

by Anonymousreply 108February 13, 2021 9:10 PM

R105, it's officially on WOW Presents Plus ($4 a month). You could also try the BBC iPlayer + a free VPN, or check YT/DailyMotion or a download site.

by Anonymousreply 109February 13, 2021 9:30 PM

It's also on OUT TV in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 110February 13, 2021 9:35 PM

S1 ran on Logo, but they couldn't let [italic]that[/italic] continue.

by Anonymousreply 111February 13, 2021 9:42 PM

I thought it was obvious that Tayce wears coloured contacts, but whatever. They suit him a lot better than they did for Coco Montrese.

by Anonymousreply 112February 13, 2021 10:00 PM

I loved Ru’s rant. Of course all the fans on reddit are saying how horrible it was and how traumatic it is, but fuck off. It was great TV, even if I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 113February 13, 2021 10:02 PM

The queens have been read every time they were something that looks off-the-rack from the mall. I bet Ru was LIVID that Joe wore something like that after having 7 months to improve AND being given a second chance to race.

by Anonymousreply 114February 13, 2021 10:28 PM

R114 Practically speaking how could Joe improve his drag when a) he was only given 3 weeks notice to come on the show again and b) he had to sell his drag to make ends meet (see R107)? HOWEVER, I agree the way he styled his look was ENTIRELY wrong and he should have "read the room," as Kandy would say, and created a less matronly look than he did. A finger wave curl wig for a Eurovision performance? No. He wasn't going to comeback anyway, the returning queen RARELY returns to Drag Race (see Morgan McMichaels). I think Trixie might be the only exception.

The Queens on Lockdown episode was quite good. It humanized the queens in a way that we don't usually get to see. I came away liking all of the queens more (aside from Sister Sister who got zero airtime). My heart broke for poor Ellie Diamond who became HOMELESS during quarantine. Is she the greatest queen on the show? No, but I hope that she'll be able to earn a living from drag without having to bust her ass in a Dundee drive-thru window. Poor Veronica Green. I hope contracting Covid just before filming resumed didn't re-trigger her depression. Her boyfriend seems like a gem. I'm looking forward to seeing her next season.

The front-runners really seem to be Lawrence, Tayce and A'whora at this point, but Bimini has grown on me a lot as a queen. She's really quite funny in a subtle way. I'm starting to suspect she might make it to the finals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 13, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote] My heart broke for poor Ellie Diamond who became HOMELESS during quarantine.

I was shocked by this too. The story about her family not being able to afford their home anymore was so sad... I’m assuming some family members lost their jobs?

What a great special. I always wished Ru would do home visits before the finale like they do on Project Runway, American Idol and other reality shows.

by Anonymousreply 116February 14, 2021 12:35 AM

Ru doesn't even know their names 5 minutes after he leaves the workroom. He famously doesn't give a fuck about the contestants. He sure as hell wouldn't visit anyone's home.

My favorite example of how little Ru remembers the contestants is when he and Michelle had Jinkx on their podcast and Ru asked Jinkx how far she made it in the competition! He wasn't kidding.

(Ru was interested in Sharon Needles and Kennedy Davenport and made it a point to attend their shows. In a real human club. But they were exceptions.)

by Anonymousreply 117February 14, 2021 12:55 AM

Hell, Ru flat-out admitted on his podcast that he's an asshole who enjoys tearing down the queens' self-confidence.

by Anonymousreply 118February 14, 2021 4:30 AM

Tayce is sexy. And it’s not just his looks. It’s his confidence and fashion sense (outside of drag) as well. No wonder he won the hottest award.

by Anonymousreply 119February 14, 2021 1:42 PM

Veronica is so lucky to have someone that would stay with her during her depression! I always assume any guy would leave me if I show problems!

by Anonymousreply 120February 14, 2021 1:48 PM

Love the season but why do they all have the hair cuts of mental patients? Sister Sister? More like Retard Retard from that haircut.

by Anonymousreply 121February 14, 2021 1:51 PM

The mullet is extremely trendy right now in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 14, 2021 7:55 PM

Sister x2 got all that work done, and kept that fucking haircut?

by Anonymousreply 123February 14, 2021 7:56 PM

The legal way to way it is through WowPresents r105. It's only a few dollars. There is a website, but I just have it as an app on my roku for the season.

by Anonymousreply 124February 14, 2021 9:33 PM

I'm secretly enjoying Bob's recaps of Drag Race UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 14, 2021 10:53 PM

Bob's an ass. He spends half the recaps showing off his accents. But he is better at the UK recaps than he was as host of the Pit Stop. The idea that BOB can critique a fashion or runway look, makeup or hair is ridiculous. The word couture should never leave his mouth. He looks a bit better since winning because he has a full time makeup artist and wig stylist. Bob has some comedic talent, but he was never a drag queen. He's still not a convincing Drag Queen. He was the least deserving winner of Drag Race EVER. The worst clothes, makeup and wigs of any top 5 contestant, in any season. And he won Season fucking 8!!! Bob is funny, but nowhere near as funny as he finds himself.

Not a bad host or actor, which is all he ever wanted to be. Even with all the best help at his disposal - he still has terrible taste and looks like SHITE. Just more expensive SHITE.

The last two weeks The Vivienne guested on Purse First. She's a great example of a post Drag Race fashion, makeup and wig glow up! The Vivienne is far more talented than BOB in every other category too. The best Snatch Game performance of all time, and Frock Destroyers. And easy charm and humor. Pretty too. Bob is good natured in an egotistical way - but even the other winning queens believe he falls below Violet and Tyra as a Drag Race crown owner.

by Anonymousreply 126February 14, 2021 11:09 PM

Bob only won season 8 because of his so-called gay rights activism, they made sure to give him "the hero of the gays" storyline, it was obvious that he was being pushed to win the crown from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 127February 14, 2021 11:45 PM

I watched one of Bobs self released comedy specials.

Sorry, I mean I tried to watch one of Bobs self released comedy specials. It was unwatchable. Cheap production values, and simply not funny.

by Anonymousreply 128February 14, 2021 11:48 PM

R126 I also love The Vivienne, but she was not in FrockDestroyers. That was Blue, Bagga and Divina.

by Anonymousreply 129February 14, 2021 11:53 PM

R129 I have loved Bagga Chips since Drag Queens of London, especially incredible is how she has gotten her shit together. Jesus, she was a total train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 130February 14, 2021 11:56 PM

Ha, yes you're right R129! The VIV would be a Drag Race superstar in America. Maybe she's better off winning the UK. She wasn't a frock destroyer. She does look great and speaks easily and thoughtfully. I really like her. She's funny as it happens - not always trying to score points. A great performer of course. Thanks for correcting me. I really don't appreciate BOB and I guess you could tell, ha.

by Anonymousreply 131February 14, 2021 11:59 PM

Honestly I thought Davina should have won season 1. Other than her Trump I was not impressed with The Viv.

by Anonymousreply 132February 15, 2021 12:20 AM

After re-watching S1 I thought Divina was more annoying than she was initially. Always going on about her 4-octive range.

by Anonymousreply 133February 15, 2021 12:23 AM

I couldn't stand Divina, that obnoxious laugh of hers. Sometimes it sounded like it was forced and put on, like when Ru tries to laugh at the queens lame jokes during the reading challenge, you know instantly when he's faking it.

by Anonymousreply 134February 15, 2021 12:28 AM

Davina was annoying on that tour of the UK show. But at least she was more professional that the fat and useless Vinegar (always late and not caring) Strokes?

by Anonymousreply 135February 15, 2021 12:35 AM

Come on now. Don't compare the tops with the bottoms. The VIV absolutely deserved to win. It was pretty clear.

This season's winner is pretty clear too....

by Anonymousreply 136February 15, 2021 12:38 AM

R134 What show is that? Vinegar was a damn mess on the show, so I'm not surprised.

I think the cast of S2, in general, is suuuch an upgrade from S1. Most of the S1 queens were good (if annoying, like Divina), but I completely forgot about how DREADFUL Scaredy Kat and Gothy Kendoll were. I guess they needed 2 early boots, so they chose to cast those queens.

by Anonymousreply 137February 15, 2021 12:39 AM

R137 It was, shit, a six part tv series about their tour of England, like the ones they did on the US girls tour. Sorry, can't remember the name

by Anonymousreply 138February 15, 2021 12:52 AM

R137 the upgrade of contestants is generally true for most reality shows, especially from the first/premiere season.

by Anonymousreply 139February 15, 2021 1:00 AM

R137/R138, the WOW show is [italic]God Shave the Queens.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 140February 15, 2021 1:17 AM

^ Thank you! It is interesting in a small way.

by Anonymousreply 141February 15, 2021 1:30 AM

I think it was telling in the Girl Group challenge - Davina was a team player and let Bagga and Blu shine, Viv put the spotlight on her and fucked it up. There is reason Break up Bye Bye charted in the UK -but only by the Frock Destroyers. Viv was the Drag Race UK ambassador and Davina was the closest the UK had to a Ru Paul - there was bound to be an ego clash. I think Davina shined on every challenge, had better gowns and concepts -her final two look was stunning compared to Vivs.

by Anonymousreply 142February 15, 2021 1:43 AM

Girl please r127. Bob dominated Season 8. His main competition was a drag queen who could barely even walk in heels.

by Anonymousreply 143February 15, 2021 2:07 AM

Season 8 was shite.

by Anonymousreply 144February 15, 2021 2:09 AM

"UK Hun?" is #4 on the UK Top 40 charts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 17, 2021 8:42 AM

We are up to episode 3. The center of the RuPaul's Drag Race universe has clearly shifted from LA to London.

by Anonymousreply 146February 18, 2021 12:18 AM

I don't even watch the US show anymore. It's no fun.

by Anonymousreply 147February 18, 2021 12:25 AM

I love that dumb song R145 - it's a hit. They produce these thing in 2 days on Drag Race and that's one reason why they are always dreck. Not this time. Earworm dance track happy Bing Bang Bong Song. The UK queens sing live all the time. Not suggesting they all have stellar voices, but RuPaul can't sing at all and he's had a successful music career. Ok Hun? is too much fun.

Who the fuck wants to watch Kandy Muse drool while she talks shit OR wait for Season 13 to crown Gottmik? I tune in, but I zip through. Love Symone. UK Drag Race is fantastic, inventive and all the more surprising talents from such really homely mens. AND Tayce. ❤️

The way Lawrence entered that number kind of blew my mind. Bitch can dance and has a forcefield of energy around him. He really can't lose. But it's no shame to the others.

by Anonymousreply 148February 18, 2021 12:37 AM

Great Snatch Game!

by Anonymousreply 149February 19, 2021 2:51 AM

Did we watch the same show R149? Other than Katie Price and the Turner lady, the rest were boring to bloody awful.

The lip synch was total shit too.

by Anonymousreply 150February 19, 2021 3:08 AM

Agree. It was a pretty weak snatch game, Bimini was the only memorable part.

by Anonymousreply 151February 19, 2021 3:10 AM

Also thought that Snatch Game was on the boring side, but I attributed it to me not being British and not "getting" most of the characters or their references.

Lawrence got taken down a peg this week. He has enough talent to bounce back, but I'm getting tired of his excuses. Plus, we had to watch more tears on the runway, which I'm completely over as a viewer.

by Anonymousreply 152February 19, 2021 3:22 AM

The runway theme was a really good one. Tayce has such a beautiful thin facial bone structure. He's beautiful in and out of drag. Even moreso with his own brown eyes. We caught Ru looking at his ASS tonight. #MeToo. Lawrence needed this - the crude vagina lesbian jokes are tiresome and he showed his weaknesses in more ways than one. He was kind of tacky to be honest. I couldn't take another day of Tia Coffee. He's not as funny or beautiful as Ru thinks, but he does have a model's body. The lip sync was bad, but Tia won it in truth. It was all for drama. No one thought for a moment than Lawrence was going home. Bimini was very funny in Snatch Game and a gorgeous changeling on the runway. I don't fancy O'Whora at all. But he's got some good looks. Too much crying, I agree. But still preferable to the switchblades and canned personalities on Season 13.

by Anonymousreply 153February 19, 2021 5:58 AM

Anyone who will do Kath Day-Knight from Kath n Kim as a character is alright by me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 19, 2021 6:58 AM

Tia won the lipsync but there was no way you could keep her over Lawrence. I'll miss Tia though - she was fun.

by Anonymousreply 155February 19, 2021 7:17 AM

Lawrence is delusional to think that Miriam Margoyles would ever be a good choice for snatch game.

by Anonymousreply 156February 19, 2021 7:19 AM

Bing Bang Bong!

by Anonymousreply 157February 19, 2021 7:32 AM

This season and cast is so good that it actually made me furious about season 13. These are real people with personalities and talent.

Season 13 is Jans fighting over scraps to win challenges, ghetto trash with shit drag, and biological women competing with a doctor’s note.

by Anonymousreply 158February 19, 2021 8:23 AM

R156 The same could have been said about Dela when he did Maggie Smith.

I think Lawerance just got in his head, which happens some times. He just had an off night.

by Anonymousreply 159February 19, 2021 8:29 AM

The difference is that Maggie Smith is hilarious and Miriam Margoyles is a tired, musty old troll.

by Anonymousreply 160February 19, 2021 9:13 AM

[quote]Did we watch the same show [R149]? Other than Katie Price and the Turner lady, the rest were boring to bloody awful.

Hey, I guess my expectations are low after so many shitty recent US Snatch Games. Even Lawrence wasn't as that bad to me compared with some truly horrid attempts by US queens. Aiden Zhane, anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 19, 2021 9:28 AM

^ *wasn't that bad*

by Anonymousreply 162February 19, 2021 9:30 AM

The snatch game is usually 70-90 percent bad. It's like Saturday Night Live: almost always terrible, yet people remember it as always having been better in the past because of a few memorable skits.

by Anonymousreply 163February 19, 2021 9:45 AM

This was one of the worst snatch games ever. Bimini was the only one who was actually good in it. I thought Tayce was boring and was even worse than Tia, who really shouldn't have been in the bottom. And both queens were blah in the lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 164February 19, 2021 12:01 PM

Bimini has slowly become my favorite queen on the show. She's a clever queen, I loved the bacteria runway outfit. At first I didn't "get" what she was doing, but I've come to appreciate it.

Lawrence Cheney is great and I can't see him losing, but he's becoming a bit... much. I agree with the poster saying that he's laying it on a bit thick. There's no way that he isn't going to win at this point.

Sister Sister and her fucking flipper need to GO.

by Anonymousreply 165February 19, 2021 1:27 PM

Gemma Collins was fun on Snatch Game.

by Anonymousreply 166February 19, 2021 2:56 PM

[Quote]Plus, we had to watch more tears on the runway, which I'm completely over as a viewer.

I've gotten so sick of all the crying. Every contestant thinks they show vulnerability, but fuckin christ the "tears" get old.

by Anonymousreply 167February 19, 2021 2:59 PM

R157 I *still* have that earworm surfacing now and then in my brain. Was actually singing it earlier this morning.

by Anonymousreply 168February 19, 2021 3:29 PM

UK Hun!

by Anonymousreply 169February 19, 2021 5:52 PM

Here you go R157 and R168. Enjoy! 🪱

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170February 19, 2021 6:54 PM

I love Bimini's part the best.

by Anonymousreply 171February 19, 2021 7:10 PM

Everything about the US is second rate this year.

Bing bang bong > social media Rusical

Ru losing it on Nan in an H&M dress > everything

by Anonymousreply 172February 20, 2021 2:27 AM

Kraft's gay intern ❤️ s it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 20, 2021 3:13 AM

I just want to throw up every time I look at Sista Sista's face and haircut. They should have his confessionals on repeat at all the major bariatric clinics. Or do a Drag Race/My 6000lb Life cross-over.

by Anonymousreply 174February 20, 2021 7:13 AM

What an unnecessary hateful post R174. You're drunk I imagine. Stop trying so hard to be mean. You sound crazy.

by Anonymousreply 175February 20, 2021 7:21 AM

Sounds like you're lost R174

by Anonymousreply 176February 20, 2021 7:25 AM

I mean R175. This is Datalounge, not Disneyland.

by Anonymousreply 177February 20, 2021 7:26 AM

^ like I said the first time - drunk^

by Anonymousreply 178February 20, 2021 7:28 AM

[quote]Gemma Collins was fun on Snatch Game.

Gemma Collins was sat there thinking "what the fuck is this am dram Blankety Blank shit?" She could barely raise a smile, and the contrast with RuPaul's faked response to the awful impressions couldn't have been more extreme.

by Anonymousreply 179February 20, 2021 7:43 AM

[quote]Stop trying so hard to be mean.

Seriously???? Where do you think you are right now?

by Anonymousreply 180February 20, 2021 7:47 AM

I know where you are right now. And who you are right now. Back away R180. You're a disgusting piece of work on multiple threads. Fuck right off. Now.

by Anonymousreply 181February 20, 2021 7:50 AM

Alright Sista - calm down

by Anonymousreply 182February 20, 2021 7:53 AM

I haven't seen this thread before!

I'm enjoying the UK version much more than the US version this year for some reason. There's something more authentic and more interesting about the UK version.

by Anonymousreply 183February 20, 2021 8:10 AM

It's far superior - Just watch out for the MARY at R175 who's about to go on nuclear meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 184February 20, 2021 8:13 AM

I saw that R184. Weird considering the comment was standard DL speak... Musn't be from around here. I'm actually surprised Sista is still there. He'll be the next one to go I think.

I'm really sad that Tia went this week but he wasn't up to scratch. He was very likable though and I think will develop more over time.

I was thrilled that Joe Black came and went in one episode. It's weird how something that maybe works out in the nightclub setting doesn't work at all on Drag Race.

Gemma Collins was awful on the snatch game. She sat there like a blob and didn't contribute anything. I was really surprised because she is usually very watchable. Perhaps she was overwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 185February 20, 2021 8:20 AM

I wondered if Gemma got a bad edit

by Anonymousreply 186February 20, 2021 8:22 AM

You really are nuts R184. My posts on this thread are insightful, fun, illuminating and appreciative. You have a severe mental disorder. Don't call me mary, in caps or otherwise. And stop responding to you own posts. You're not fooling anyone. You're fucking INSANE. But it's your racist posts that will have you banned by Monday. I guarantee it.

by Anonymousreply 187February 20, 2021 8:23 AM

R184 it’s for other people to judge if your posts are “insightful, fun, illuminating”. Guess what, they’re not. Pompous git.

by Anonymousreply 188February 20, 2021 8:28 AM

That's what I wondered too R186. It was a really bad edit if so. She was awful. I was genuinely surprised because she is usually hilarious and larger than life. I thought she would have been a judge too. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 189February 20, 2021 8:33 AM

[quote]But it's your racist posts that will have you banned by Monday. I guarantee it.

Oh you mean those invisible, non-existant racist posts I've made?? I guess I'd better start packing my bags now.

by Anonymousreply 190February 20, 2021 8:40 AM

I'd better start packing R185's bags too since we're apparently the same person. Don't worry R185 - I'll make sure to keep the frillies separate!

by Anonymousreply 191February 20, 2021 8:43 AM

I cannot wait for Sister Sister to go home.

by Anonymousreply 192February 20, 2021 8:49 AM

R192 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 193February 20, 2021 10:06 AM

Sister Sister was barely in the episode. Must have been to bolster the Tia elimination narrative. Wonder what's on the cutting room floor.

by Anonymousreply 194February 20, 2021 1:19 PM

R194 What's on the floor? Sister Sister's flipper, most likely.

by Anonymousreply 195February 20, 2021 7:38 PM

R186 I'm not familiar with Gemma beyond "old maiden-type shoes," but I THOUGHT she was coming off deadpan on purpose. It surprised me to read people complaining about how bad she was on the panel, I just thought she was supposed to be that way!! So was she actually bad?

by Anonymousreply 196February 20, 2021 7:39 PM

R194 Sister Sister also has limited time due to the focus (once again) on Lawrence, this week on how bad he was on Snatch Game and how it hurt his psyche because he's "sooooo good at comedy"

by Anonymousreply 197February 21, 2021 4:28 AM

What I liked about Lawrence's reaction to his performance was he knew he fucked up, and was understandably angry at himself for it. I also liked his wondering aloud as to why do comedy queens tend to fuck up on Snatch Game, when comedy is their "thing". (paraphrasing but that was the gist.)

by Anonymousreply 198February 21, 2021 4:39 AM

Gemma is a reality TV queen and she is normally got more to say when she is being herself, R196, so that's why people were wondering why she was so quiet. She did come across as a bit stiff but on the panel and the lines seemed rehearsed, maybe they are.

by Anonymousreply 199February 21, 2021 10:18 AM

She was playing the part of a glamorous vamp wasn't she, rather than herself.

by Anonymousreply 200February 21, 2021 10:59 AM

R172

“Bing bang bong” isn’t a Rusical. You should be comparing Rats to the social media Rusical.

by Anonymousreply 201February 21, 2021 11:37 AM

I feel about sad for Sister, as much as she's annoying, she hasn't really done anything wrong has she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202February 21, 2021 12:34 PM

Going back to Tia and Jo Blacks lip-sync, did any one else feel a bit uncountable when Joe threw herself nearly infront of Tia when she was doing the run up the runway, I cringed a little. Do you think she was clothing at straws?

by Anonymousreply 203February 21, 2021 12:35 PM

It feels like 2 different shows: pre-break and post-break.

Lawrence Chaney came back diminished. Sister Sister came back overtly bitchy. I'm liking the new SSister.

by Anonymousreply 204February 21, 2021 12:36 PM

What is Sister receiving social media hate for? Is my memory that bad or is her transgression being overblown by a small group of the professionally aggrieved?

by Anonymousreply 205February 21, 2021 5:17 PM

R205 I think she's triggering some people with her clip on teeth and I think being a non-entity during the pre-Covid episodes and coming back with newfound confidence/attitude of sorts in the post-covid episodes.

by Anonymousreply 206February 21, 2021 9:30 PM

Fake teeth, confidence, the HORROR! Burn her at the stake.

by Anonymousreply 207February 21, 2021 10:30 PM

She’s also been caught copying A’Whora’s looks.

by Anonymousreply 208February 21, 2021 10:32 PM

While it's perfectly fine to talk shit about a public figure, it's simply trashy to send them hate on social media. People that do that need to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 209February 21, 2021 10:35 PM

Latrice, Trinity K Bonet and Jiggly Caliente all wore flippers on Season 4. What a bunch do do about nothing. And Asia O'hara's teeth looked like she just snapped in the whole set. They didn't even look make of porcelain. They teased her about it.

The brits don't go in for flashy teeth or good haircuts obviously. Sister sister is fine. The whole cast is very good. Better now that Tia Coffee and Ms. Fibromyalgia have left.

Bimini looks a fright in the workroom. But her facial structure works great for Drag. Lawrence looks 50 until he gets in his gear and THEN his youthfulness and even some sexiness emerges. Drag really is quite liberating it seems. That's why someone like Tia is such a let down. He's a homely guy who is lucky to have enough real hair, great coloring, a fine narrow face with big eyes and tall slender body. Legs forever. He should be a drag queen goddess. And yet, he always was insecure shite and dressed badly on the runway. He won't likely get a post show glow-up either. He wasn't witty. Just bitchy behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 210February 21, 2021 10:48 PM

Bimini reminds me of Jessica Cauffiel (of Legally Blonde 1+2, Valentine, White Chicks, Urban Legends Final Cut)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211February 21, 2021 10:53 PM

Tia reminds me of a glamorous Iola Boylen.

by Anonymousreply 212February 21, 2021 11:04 PM

Bimini is getting a ton of support from Katya on Twitter, and I mean a TON. She's making memes and everything. I wonder what that may or may not mean.

by Anonymousreply 213February 21, 2021 11:59 PM

I bit the bullet and signed up to watch this. Decided to watch season 2 first, and I watched all available episodes today. Loved it! I think I was smiling the whole time. SO much better than the current US season. I don’t hate any of the queens. Well, I sort of don’t like Sister Sister, and I wasn’t crazy about Jenny Lemon.

I was gutted that Veronica didn’t come back. She was my favorite. I also thought Asstina was hot. A’Whora has surprised me.

I imagine Lawrence will win, right?

by Anonymousreply 214February 22, 2021 1:31 AM

R214 I was hoping they’d bring Asstina back so we could see more of that ASS!

by Anonymousreply 215February 22, 2021 6:19 AM

They voted Joe back instead of Asstina, because Joe was the weakest of the lot.

Once you Joe Black, you never go back.

by Anonymousreply 216February 22, 2021 11:52 AM

Drag Race star Sister Sister: 'One troll described how he'd like to see me die'

A competitor on RuPaul’s Drag Race UK writes about the ‘wall of hate’ online, and asks: when will the abuse stop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 22, 2021 1:56 PM

People commenting about Gemma Collins being not her usual self - I read something online recently that said she was taking a step back from the whole 'GC persona' and wanting to come across as more of a serious person to be someone for people to look up to rather than a joke, so I wonder if that had factored into it at all?

Do the US people know who most of the Snatch Game characters were?

I'm really disappointed that Tia went but unfortunately I think it was the right choice, I was so frustrated that Tia really should have stepped her pussy the fuck up by this point and she's still not quite there. With her and Veronica gone who was my other favourite, I'm backing Bimini now to win.

by Anonymousreply 218February 22, 2021 2:34 PM

R218 Gemma as someone to look up to?! I'm not sure Snatch Game was the best place for her to debut her new serious and intellectual persona if true...

by Anonymousreply 219February 22, 2021 2:40 PM

Tia totally won that lipsync. I admit Lawrence did ok too, but even if he did horribly they’d still keep him. They just want to keep the fatties around. Same as US where they kept Kandy. They’re sending the fatties to the finales.

by Anonymousreply 220February 22, 2021 2:40 PM

I have been chuckling over Bimini's "the nipples are the eyes of the face" quip for days now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 22, 2021 2:57 PM

UK Season 1 Snatch Game might have been the best Snatch Game of any season ever.

by Anonymousreply 222February 22, 2021 4:11 PM

Fun fact - the producer of "UK Hon", Ian Masterson, has produced the last few Bananarama albums, plus stuff for Kylie/Dannii, Atomic Kitten, etc.

by Anonymousreply 223February 22, 2021 5:23 PM

UK Hun has become a hit, but do the queens who performed it (Lawrence, A'Whora, Tayce, Bimini) get any money from it?

by Anonymousreply 224February 22, 2021 5:28 PM

Bimini was a RIOT on Snatch Game. Ellie's Vicky Pollard was spot on! Surprised she was only safe because I thought it was one of the best I've ever seen on DR.

by Anonymousreply 225February 22, 2021 6:41 PM

Sister sister doesn't seem interesting enough to have death threats sent to her. Who would waste their time?

by Anonymousreply 226February 22, 2021 8:29 PM

R224 If it was worked out like Read U Wrote U was on All Stars 2, Katya said that the queens got a songwriting royalty for their percentage of the lyrics they wrote. I've heard how fucking stingy and stringent those WoW contracts are (though perhaps less so for All Stars, who knows) so I was surprised. That shit can add up, obviously especially if the song is a big hit, like the UK queens are enjoying right now. Considering their options are next to nonexistent for making any money right now, that could be a nice and very welcome chunk of change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227February 22, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]Sister sister doesn't seem interesting enough to have death threats sent to her. Who would waste their time?

Precisely. She does, however, seem like the type of person to make a hysterical mountain out of a miniscule molehill, so ......

by Anonymousreply 228February 23, 2021 12:18 AM

^^^ Uh-oh, is that a DEATH THREAT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 229February 23, 2021 12:28 AM

For some strange reason Lawrence reminds me of Lewis Capaldi.

I just can't not laugh at Sister Sister's hair. I mean what the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 230February 25, 2021 10:57 AM

Sister Sister is so middle tier

by Anonymousreply 231February 25, 2021 11:38 AM

I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY FUCKING H&M!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232February 25, 2021 11:38 AM

[quote] Tia is a star and utterly loveable, but I don’t think she needs drag to “find her light” like Lawrence and Veronica do. I could easily see her working the presenter/celeb game show circuit (which seems to be a viable career in the UK) as her boy self.

IAWTC. He seems way more confident and ‘himself’ as a man. His drag comes across more as ‘dress-up’ to me.

The whole time I’ve been thinking how much he reminds me of Nick Grimshaw (BBC radio presenter and tv host). Not just because of the accent, but also the somehow non-feminine swish and the general ‘over it’ hipstery sarcastic vibe and attitude. Tia is just like him (though much less of a twat), and all those other type of deadpan mildly-bitchy too-cool-for-this 30-ish tv presenters off Channel 4 back in the late 2000s.

However, added to that Tia’s also got a bit of the campy, silly, naughty nudge-winkiness of children’s tv presenters of the 90s. He could absolutely present a CBBC show, or rebooted game or quiz show for adults; his voice and manner work for both.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 25, 2021 12:05 PM

[quote] IAWTC

You can't just say "agreed"? What is this TWoP?

by Anonymousreply 234February 25, 2021 1:39 PM

R218 I didn’t, with the exception of Scary Spice and Vicky Pollard, and in the latter I have only seen one skit.

I have heard a lot of Brits say that Elle did a good job, and that Ru just didn’t get it. But, I do not know how true that is.

As for Bimni, that was a character that the audience didn’t really need to know who Katie Price was, and so it was good. Slutty lady who talks weird is just funny. Where as someone like Elle may have done a good impression but it was very UK centric.

by Anonymousreply 235February 25, 2021 1:50 PM

Tonight was the right choice. I do feel sorry for Sister Sister because she’s said she’s been getting trolled severely online. I don’t know why though, it’s just TV. Calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 236February 25, 2021 8:58 PM

How the hell did Sister Sister win the Reading is Fundamental mini-challenge? Not that the advantage of winning it did her any good in the end, but still.

Love a design challenge, and A'Whora came through with an amazing look.

by Anonymousreply 237February 25, 2021 9:35 PM

Once again a great episode that blew anything on S13 out the water.

None of the looks were horrible. But A’whoras was just in another world. I think the best look to ever come out of a unconventional material runway. I do think a lot of the queens forgot the whole super hero theme.

I feel bad for Elle. She is good at what she does. But just that. She seems to the best best queen who not have much C U N or T. I am sure it partly is because she is so young. Sure, Aquaria was her age, but she was also a rich kid who lived in NY.

by Anonymousreply 238February 25, 2021 10:02 PM

A'whora really looked wonderful on the runway. Probably my favorite look of the season.

by Anonymousreply 239February 26, 2021 2:08 AM

Tayce looked gorj tonight despite her crappy couture.

by Anonymousreply 240February 26, 2021 3:10 AM

I love A’Whora, I can’t help it. Yes, she’s a bitch, but she’s also in on the joke. That’s how you know this is such a wonderful season, event the cuntiest queens in the cast are so loveable and talented.

Ellie is very talented and probably would make top 3 in a less strong season (she would WIN this US season) but I fear she is not long for the competition. I have so much respect for her though because it seems she really has had a lot of hardships in her life.... a formerly homeless 21 year old working at a fast food drive through to pay for a career in drag is an incredible story.

by Anonymousreply 241February 26, 2021 3:47 AM

R241 I agree about Ellie, this competition isn’t hers to win, but she has all the potential to become an excellent queen as she matures. Not to get too cunty, but we have Sister Sister whinging about all the “death threats” he’s received, but I haven’t heard an OUNCE of self pity from Ellie about her difficult life circumstances. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. It do take nerve to be a formerly homeless Scottish drag queen working at a drive through!

I haven’t enjoyed a queen based on sentimental reasons like this since Chi Chi! 😥

by Anonymousreply 242February 26, 2021 4:02 AM

Does Sister Sister come from money?

by Anonymousreply 243February 26, 2021 1:45 PM

R243 She said she works a 9 to 5 office job in the COVID episode.

by Anonymousreply 244February 26, 2021 8:39 PM

Lawrence Cheaney's tik toks are to die for. I don't really like Elli's paint - it is the same everytime but then so again is Trixie's. She just not seem to have a personality (Ellie not Trixie).

by Anonymousreply 245February 26, 2021 9:01 PM

Agree with R242. I think Ellie’s very talented (and what a trouper IRL), but as good and polished as her looks are they invariably feel a bit “juniors section” - and as unfair as it may be I don’t find them as thrilling as A’hora’s fashion slut looks or Lawrence’s milf drag when it’s firing on all cylinders .

by Anonymousreply 246February 26, 2021 9:10 PM

Tayce looked like a fucking showgirl in that short wig and makeup. He could play Josephine Baker or Naomi Campbell. The outfit was terrible, but he is one gorgeous man and queen. And he has all the talent too. I like that he's so handsome AND so gay. He's kind to the others, in a bitchy way. Turns me on, he does. Sister sister was a sweet guy too. The U.K. version seems much more fair in the challenge and edits and who goes home. But no way will Ru not crown Lawrence Chaney, who is dropping in my opinion.

Every week I lose a bit more enthusiasm for Lawrence Chaney. He is talented and very quick witted. Full of surprise. But I just like Bimini better for the win. She's pretty and odd and not so desperate. Fashion and a tiny little beauty is in there. But she likes being a freak too. Very modern. It's just my bias. I'm sure Lawrence will win.

A'Whora is not very nice to Tayce, They may live together, but they are for sure just roommates. A lot of jealousy there. A'Whora reminds me so much of Adore Delano. Not as confident as he comes across, But likeable in a bratty way. That blue look with silver belt. Her legs and shoulders and shoes and face paint color was everything. Drag Race back to its roots. Unconventional sewing and design challenge! It's never been done better. Not even by Raja.(Y_UK) Whora is a bit like Detox too. Never beautiful or nice - but a great creation.

by Anonymousreply 247February 27, 2021 1:08 AM

Call me crazy but A'whora in his COVID pajama bottoms and bare feet was hot.

by Anonymousreply 248February 28, 2021 2:09 AM

Yeah, either Katya knows that Bimini doesn't win is but blowing her up her talent hard, and giving her a shit load of love. (I do think LC is going to win), or Katya is out of any fucks to give, has nothing left to owe the WoW franchise, and is plainly saying: Look At Her! (Bimini might win after all!)

by Anonymousreply 249February 28, 2021 8:12 AM

[quote]I just like Bimini better for the win. She's pretty and odd and not so desperate. Fashion and a tiny little beauty is in there. But she likes being a freak too. Very modern

I find Bimini fishy as fuck. Effortlessly feminine.

by Anonymousreply 250February 28, 2021 8:18 AM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251February 28, 2021 8:37 AM

Weird how the dynamic changed after lockdown. I think they should do it more. Take a one month break mid-filming and come back and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 252February 28, 2021 12:24 PM

R252 That happened on season 3, for a few weeks. Allegedly, Shangela and Mimi's fight was worse than they were able to show on air. Stacey Layne Matthews spills the tea here, henny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253February 28, 2021 6:14 PM

I legit went 'ooOO00oooo' when Ahora popped his sleeves

by Anonymousreply 254February 28, 2021 6:41 PM

So did I, rescue-chick. I love an unexpected WOW factor in a runway look.

by Anonymousreply 255February 28, 2021 6:47 PM

The sleeve pop was stunning, although I'm pretty sure they added the sound effects

by Anonymousreply 256February 28, 2021 8:14 PM

The sleeve pop reminded me of a scene in Jurassic Park where a dinosaur suddenly displays some gill-like neck features.

by Anonymousreply 257February 28, 2021 10:37 PM

Did anyone else notice how dark Raven's skin looked? I don't remember her being that shade, is she black?

by Anonymousreply 258February 28, 2021 11:35 PM

Raven is of Russian heritage. (Petruschin) Native Californian who started selling cosmetics and worked as a makeup artist before doing drag. David loves to TAN. And his lips are FILLED UP honey. A true bitch of a queen, but he looks great and he originated so many of the looks we still see variations of today. He's perfected the RuPaul look, once again - after a few questionable seasons.

Raven is making money and collecting Emmys. I don't think he performs much anymore. He's always phoning in the Fashion Review shows. Visibly impatient guy. I thought he was one of the meanest contestants on Drag Race ever. I still do. But the bitch looks good.

by Anonymousreply 259March 1, 2021 12:04 AM

Raven looks stunning in drag but out of drag his cosmetic enhancements are... oof. I am biased though because he's one of the only drag queens I was attracted to when I watched season 2.

by Anonymousreply 260March 1, 2021 12:07 AM

I LOVE Raven's look when he's glammed up. He deserves the status he has in the industry.

Apparently Ru isn't the easiest queen to get "done". She's gone through a few artists, and even Raven with that talent had a rough go working on Ru, though it finally has settled as r259 pointed out.

Jujubee and Raven were such fun pals on the show (and apparently they are still close) they really did look out for each other, and it was fun seeing Raven's softer side. JuJubee always got Raven to laugh and vice versa. Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 261March 1, 2021 12:20 AM

What Bimini looks like in Drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262March 1, 2021 12:22 AM

Did anyone else think Sister Sister was the spitting image of Eve Arden in the last challenge/runway?

by Anonymousreply 263March 1, 2021 12:46 AM

Maybe you've seen this before R261? If not, it's fun. Jujubee, who seldom leaves Boston, came out to surprise Raven for her Birthday at Showgirls. The video is not new, but they remain good friends. Jujubee is performing Dancing on My Own with Raven's mother!! Somewhere there is a little behind the scene footage. But it was an honest surprise. The fact that Jujubee loves Raven, makes me like David a bit more.

We've hired JuJu for corporate events and a friends BDay, by the way. He is everything you would expect. Really funny and sweet. Quick and kind. Not fond of travelling - but very reliable. Drugs or not. Airplane was just a partier who decided it was time to quit. I think he's one of the best stage performers /lip synchers ever. He knows what a drag queen does. Or used to do. Embodies the song and gives the audience his full effort and attention. I hate that he never fully excelled on Drag Race or All Stars.

The clubs in Chicago and L.A. are still the place to see some of the non *superstar* queens. (Texas and Florida too, apparently) They put on the kind of show they are best at giving. Not Werk the World bad choreo, scripted Snatch Games and awkward group numbers....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 1, 2021 1:09 AM

r264 A drag queen called Airplane...

by Anonymousreply 265March 1, 2021 1:28 AM

You're a nasty piece of work R265. We see you. EXACTLY you. Anyone can start these threads. You'll never end our appreciative discussion. Your heart is as black as night. ☮️

by Anonymousreply 266March 1, 2021 1:37 AM

JuJu makes her own jokes about being named "Airline" (government name Airline Inthyrath) so, unclench r266

by Anonymousreply 267March 1, 2021 2:09 AM

r261 I have not seen that before, many thanks for sharing it!

by Anonymousreply 268March 1, 2021 2:11 AM

R267 Ahhh, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 269March 1, 2021 2:13 AM

I second r268 r261! I am going to have to s3nd that to my b3stie who moved cross country. she had never seen rpdr before and we watched that episode and she BAWLED LIKE A BABY. this will definitely bring on the long distance tears!

by Anonymousreply 270March 1, 2021 2:14 AM

Awww r-c, you know we love you. *smooches*

by Anonymousreply 271March 1, 2021 2:17 AM

awww, i ❤️ you too ysmgdh! I even said so on the thread about favorite names on here

by Anonymousreply 272March 1, 2021 2:20 AM

It's R264 who deserves all credit. Thanks for great footage and post! I love Juju. She looks great there. A good friend and part of the family. Too bad that Raven was generally so toxic. The L.A. queens are tough. Willam and Raven HATE each other. And Raven is pretty mean to a lot of others too. Willam is a sociopathic asshole who hates RuPaul, but he has his good points. And unlike Raven, he's loyal. Airplane is the best. That's what we call him. Get over yourself R265.

by Anonymousreply 273March 1, 2021 2:22 AM

R273 Are you referring to me in your signature?

Not that I owe an explanation to you or to anyone, but when we had to have authenticated names, I kept drawing a blank. During one of our mutual ear hair removal sessions (yes, getting older together is wicked sexy), my long suffering husband who usually has no time for the housewives suggested it, and it resonated and here I am. When I remember to tick the box that is, which is rare.

I'm sure you are all fascinated as to how it came to being.

by Anonymousreply 274March 1, 2021 2:31 AM

The explanation is worse than the moniker! For a woman, you have a lot of ear hair? Your poor husband.

Best of luck to you both R274.

by Anonymousreply 275March 1, 2021 2:37 AM

Yes King. I am as much of a woman as you are a King. *eyeroll*

Hang on, wait. If this is Larry King speaking from the great beyond, boy do I have some questions!

by Anonymousreply 276March 1, 2021 2:42 AM

Why all the ancient white gays got to announce it when they roll their eyes? We can see you lispers acting like teenage girls. Sad. Be a man or call in your husband for assistance.

by Anonymousreply 277March 1, 2021 2:49 AM

R277 Everytime. Putrid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 278March 1, 2021 2:52 AM

You don't sound very ladylike R278. Everytime. Misogynist and racist. Your filth is all over this site.

by Anonymousreply 279March 1, 2021 3:06 AM

Meanwhile, back to the actual show and topic, rather than the usual DL dumpster fires...

by Anonymousreply 280March 1, 2021 3:22 PM

If there ever was a time where there should have been a double save, this was it. Not on the US show two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 281March 4, 2021 8:34 PM

After Lawrence’s tantrum, I’m firmly rooting for Bimini to win. She’s so fresh. I didn’t expect much from her after episode 1, but she’s exceeded all expectations.

by Anonymousreply 282March 4, 2021 9:20 PM

I really enjoyed Tayce’s lip sync and she deserved to stay. The lip sync songs have been on point. Love some Dusty Springfield.

by Anonymousreply 283March 4, 2021 9:25 PM

Lawrence really hasn't got back to his pre-pandemic self, especially with that Snatch Game disaster. I keep expecting him to bounce back and knock it out of the park, but it still hasn't happened. R282 is right, Bimini has somehow emerged as a front-runner, which I never would have expected at the beginning of the season.

by Anonymousreply 284March 4, 2021 9:38 PM

Good result tonight.

by Anonymousreply 285March 4, 2021 10:28 PM

Wrong bottom 2.

by Anonymousreply 286March 4, 2021 10:30 PM

Lawrence and A'Whora were insufferable twats tonight. It's not earth shattering news that the winner of the mini-challenge ofter dictates something related to the main challenge.

by Anonymousreply 287March 4, 2021 11:12 PM

*Often

-R287

by Anonymousreply 288March 4, 2021 11:14 PM

Bimini has knocked it out the box the past few weeks...I'm especially enjoying her runways.

by Anonymousreply 289March 4, 2021 11:18 PM

A'Whora and Tayce will be ok...they posted a short video at home together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 4, 2021 11:22 PM

Bimini should be the winner at the end of this but I think Lawrence will take it. Bimini has been killing it since Midway through and I dont think she even deserved her bottom position in episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 291March 4, 2021 11:30 PM

Lawrence is just yap, yap, yap. He’s forever pointing out where everyone did something wrong, or did him wrong, and then gets all dramatic and whiny to distract from the fact that he sucked.

by Anonymousreply 292March 5, 2021 12:14 AM

A'Whora would have had the same results no matter what the order was. It was ridiculous how angry she was at Ellie after they went backstage. And Lawrence was also acting a complete fool.

by Anonymousreply 293March 5, 2021 12:40 AM

Despite everything, this is the strongest top 5 (and top 4) that RPDR has had in a LONG time. Even Ellie has been pretty inoffensively strong. I get why people would be salty about her being in the top 4 instead of A'whora. But because she makes her own costumes, is consistent, and puts in a real effort into the challenges, I don't mind her being there.

What has struck me the most about the UK casts vs US casts is how the queens on the UK show seem much more willing to give the challenges a try. There's no bullshit about how they're a look queen so they can't do comedy, they just give it a shot. A'Whora, Ellie, and Tayce might not have been the best at the stand-up challenge, but shit they gave it a shot, which is more than some American queens do.

by Anonymousreply 294March 5, 2021 1:52 AM

The UK show is a JOY. Just so good, all of them. A'Whora and Lawrence were ridiculous brats about someone wanting to win a challenge? Bimini looks like young Meg Ryan ( & Meryl Streep:) And she's amazingly talented. There is more depth to her than most drag queens. This week's lip synch was out of this world - I almost cried. And I am in love with Tayce. In love. He is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen and a good sweet boy looking for love. Call me. ☎️❤️

by Anonymousreply 295March 5, 2021 5:55 AM

I like her and feel sorry for her struggles but Ellie Diamond should have gone last night. Her skit wasn't that amusing and the runway look was the weakest.

Anyone know what A'Whora's censored joke was?

by Anonymousreply 296March 5, 2021 8:26 AM

It would have been best for Elle to go home yesterday. She is doing fine, but she won’t win. Even if she wins the final four challenge, she won’t win.

Instead they saved Elle for another challenge in which she will probably go home and had her send home a popular contestant.

If they wanted an Ahora and Tayce lip-synch they should have done that in the final 4 episode. Would have been more dramatic that way anyway.

Luckily for Elle, Awhora and Lawerance were so mean to her so she gets sympathy. If not, the fans would be ripping her to shreds online.

by Anonymousreply 297March 5, 2021 8:35 AM

Bimini!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298March 5, 2021 8:38 AM

I would have set the comedy line up the same way Ellie did. This is a competition.

by Anonymousreply 299March 5, 2021 9:12 AM

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the drama and the competitive element.

Bimini I thought was fantastic. I agree with the comments about Elle probably going in the next challenge.

All in all its been a fun Season.

by Anonymousreply 300March 5, 2021 9:24 AM

What was Awhora's joke?

by Anonymousreply 301March 5, 2021 9:28 AM

Lawrence peaked far too soon.

And what was Awhora's joke?

by Anonymousreply 302March 5, 2021 9:59 AM

I agree. Lawrence played all his cards early.

It'll be interesting to see who's played the game cleverly.

by Anonymousreply 303March 5, 2021 12:47 PM

Tayce's stand up was better than Ellie's and his runway was better.

It was obvious they wanted a Awhora versus Tayce lipsync.

by Anonymousreply 304March 5, 2021 12:55 PM

Yes I agree.

by Anonymousreply 305March 5, 2021 12:58 PM

Lawrence is an interesting study in “star quality” Dawn French articulated what Ru has obviously been feeling all season about Lawrence - but the flip side of the knack she has for “her vulnerability is her strength” on-stage is that she’s a thin-skinned actressy (in the worst sort of way)nightmare off of it.

by Anonymousreply 306March 5, 2021 1:02 PM

[quote] A'Whora is not very nice to Tayce, They may live together, but they are for sure just roommates. A lot of jealousy there.

Yes, I noticed this as well.

It’s the only really sour and bitter note of the show. A’Whora seems like a bit of bully, and the highly-insecure type to be eaten up by envy. It’s not enjoyable to witness. How anyone could dislike someone as friendly and kindhearted as Tayce is beyond me.

Maybe I just don’t like it much when queens who know each other or have a past go on the same season. It’s unpleasantly awkward, and not in the ‘good TV’ way.

by Anonymousreply 307March 5, 2021 1:13 PM

I find Lawrence a bit two-faced. He’s different on the runway than he is in the back room. And for being such a fabulous and natural comic, I’ve ye to see it. He has potential, but he needs to drop the pretence and do some learning from experienced queens.

by Anonymousreply 308March 5, 2021 1:13 PM

I think A'Whora's joke was something about her and nan both having huge gaping assholes. Hence Ru saying she was leaving a very big hole in the competition.

by Anonymousreply 309March 5, 2021 1:15 PM

You can hear A'whora's uncensored routine here.

I really think A'whora would have gone home regardless of the performance order. I really don't think her routine was funny. Sue me. Now, Tayce is the one who shouldn't have been in the bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310March 5, 2021 1:36 PM

Actually, I meant to say A'whora would have been in the BOTTOM regardless of performance order. Would she have gone home? I'm not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 311March 5, 2021 1:39 PM

I didn't think A'Whora was even going to be in the top 5 (he was in Veronica's spot, pretty much) so the elimination totally made sense to me. And of course they wanted the drama of having Tayce send her home. Ellie is most likely gone next anyway and they probably didn't want to chance Ellie sending A'Whora home when they could have the DRAMA.

Lawrence is insufferable and hope all this karma talk comes back and bites her. Ellie should've been a bit more direct, though, and said something like "I'm not setting you to fail, I am setting myself to stay in the competition." She made sure to go after what she knew was going to be a train wreck. The rest of the order didn't matter.

Bimini for the crown!

by Anonymousreply 312March 5, 2021 1:48 PM

Also, Tayce won that lipsync from the first note. Good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 313March 5, 2021 1:51 PM

I don't find Tayce all that nice, and she and Awhora are well matched in that. Even though I thought Ellie should have gone home yesterday, I do think she did better in the stand-up than Tayce and agreed with the two bottom queens. Tayce did have the best runway look, the best in fact she's had all season. And Lawrence is not coming across well lately. So sorry Veronica didn't get to come back, she was my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 314March 5, 2021 1:56 PM

Lawrence is likeable and he connects but I think he knows that and is a bit dependant on that. I think Bimini scares him as his only real competiton and was pissed going after her and thought that Ellie was stabbing him in the back. He has a point - If Bimini opened, and Awhora went next she still would look terrible.

by Anonymousreply 315March 5, 2021 1:58 PM

I always thought that Tayce was the one to beat, but now I'm really feeling Bimini.

I've been really surprised by her.

Lawrence and Ellie are just the support act in my view.

by Anonymousreply 316March 5, 2021 2:38 PM

Lawrence was not that funny for someone who openly boasted he is great at comedy. To my mind that's two comedy challenges he fell short on. And his runway look was just okay, don't cate for body suits. And all that DRAMA over the line up was ridiculous. It did give Bimini and Tayce a chance to come across as rational and objective.

by Anonymousreply 317March 5, 2021 2:39 PM

Lawrence is getting the winner edit.

by Anonymousreply 318March 5, 2021 3:08 PM

He was from the beginning but not so much the last few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 319March 5, 2021 3:10 PM

Lawrence is a living lesson in “don’t say it, be it.” If he hadn’t spent so much time hyping his abilities instead of demonstrating them, we might have been more impressed.

by Anonymousreply 320March 5, 2021 3:15 PM

I hate Lawrence's padding. It is overdone in a grotesque, dumpy, pear-shaped way. I feel like it's intended to be "sexy".

by Anonymousreply 321March 5, 2021 3:19 PM

He does the padding to give him an hour glass shape, so because he’s quite rotund, he needs big hips to create the right proportion. But it is a bit much. It borders on comical.

by Anonymousreply 322March 5, 2021 3:22 PM

Tayce has been in the bottom too many times to win. What's the most bottom appearances a winner has? Bimini is running away with it but maybe the judges will feel differently.

by Anonymousreply 323March 5, 2021 3:30 PM

A’Whora’s bleeped joke was that she and her nan both had “gaping assholes.”

You can watch the full uncensored version here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324March 5, 2021 5:21 PM

Michelle Visage - a mother - has spent a decade joking about being stuffed in every orifice with dick.

But somehow this is a hole too far.

by Anonymousreply 325March 5, 2021 5:27 PM

Awhora has the same sort of cunt but likable thing that Raven and Raja had. I loved her on my screen.

by Anonymousreply 326March 5, 2021 6:23 PM

I’m sad to see A’Whora go but I don’t think she would have made the Top 3 anyway. It was always going to be Lawrence, Bimini and Tayce. So yes, she had one week taken away from her, but Ellie played the game fair and square, and her comedy routine was also pretty funny in a demented way.

by Anonymousreply 327March 5, 2021 6:46 PM

I suppose it was a matter of not saying anything in order to not cause turmoil, but I would have appreciated seeing Bimini and/or Tayce speaking up in Ellie's defense. I think Lawrence and A'Whore see Ellie as being very beneath them, that she should have been eliminated a long time ago and was using the line-up selection as an excuse to attack her. As mentioned by Bimini and Tayce among themselves, as well as by many fans on social media, there was nothing wrong with Ellie using her selected, either purposefully or not, in order to get ahead in the competition and anyone else would have done the same. I also suspect Lawrence and A'Whore would have had complaints no matter who Ellie had chose in any order. As Bimini said, slightly paraphrased, "Lawrence has some issues".

by Anonymousreply 328March 5, 2021 8:17 PM

After last night, I can’t root for Lawrence to win anymore. Bimini all the way.

by Anonymousreply 329March 5, 2021 8:28 PM

Bimini took the spot she got (could've complained that going right before Lawrence "the comedian" was setting her up to fail) and killed it. Again. It has felt like this was Lawrence's race to lose, but Bimini actually deserves it at this point. Lawrence and A'Whora would've picked the order THEY wanted anyway.

by Anonymousreply 330March 5, 2021 8:32 PM

Lawrence thinks he's Queen Bee. If he was as terrific at comedy as he boasts he is, it shouldn't matter where he was placed. And his snooty comment about a "shit sandwich" was very nasty

by Anonymousreply 331March 5, 2021 8:33 PM

I think we have to admit that Ru probably enjoyed seeing Ellie play "the game" ("shady bitch!" when she selected the performance order. Ru has read girls in the past for NOT leveraging advantages they were given in the competition to, you know, "compete." Ru wants those bitches to compete for the crown!

by Anonymousreply 332March 5, 2021 8:58 PM

Lawrence deleted his twitter!! Are the fans sending him death threats for being a cunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333March 5, 2021 9:00 PM

[quote]Also, Tayce won that lipsync from the first note. Good stuff.

Tayce is the best technical lip-syncer, but she's not the best at interpreting a song. A'Whora did a better job of that—you don't roll around on the floor to 1960s-era Dusty Springfield.

by Anonymousreply 334March 5, 2021 9:07 PM

I didn’t like Lawrence’s at all (especially for being a comedy queen) so I was shocked at all the praise she got, and was top 2.

by Anonymousreply 335March 5, 2021 9:11 PM

A comedy queen can be a funny person, that doesn't necessarily translate to being good at stand-up, which is a specific skill. Lawrence appeared on a documentary about Scottish drag queens on the BBC almost 2 years ago and in his stand-up act he was mostly getting very polite laughter.

Also, Awhora flinging herself to her knees during a Dusty song was awful. Deserved to go for that alone

by Anonymousreply 336March 5, 2021 9:11 PM

Is Lawrence's boy hair also a wig? It's distractingly dry and stiff looking - I'm half expecting a whole host of spiders to come crawling out.

by Anonymousreply 337March 5, 2021 9:15 PM

R337 Interesting you mention the documentary! I didn't realize that Lawrence had done work with the BBC before., but there are several videos of him on youtube creating videos for BBC The Social (whatever that is, I'm not in the UK). Hmm interesting... 🤨

He's gained a ton of weight over the last 3 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338March 5, 2021 9:28 PM

Also, his makeup used to look a lot more like Ellie Diamond's. I'd guess that's why Ellie seems to irritate him, wasn't it Bimini who said there was a big sister -- little sister dynamic going on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 5, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote]you don't roll around on the floor to 1960s-era Dusty Springfield

A'Whora was the one sweeping the floor. Tayce barely moved for the first minute of the song. He did drop to the floor towards the end, possibly in reaction to seeing A'Whora flying about and panicking that maybe he was being too subtle. I thought they both did well, but Tayce gave life to that song.

by Anonymousreply 340March 5, 2021 9:35 PM

RE R333's link, it always seems a bit disingenuous when the queens post social media messages like "Be kind!', etc after one of them says or does something nasty on television, often attacking someone else. Granted, what you see on television is edited and likely taken out of context, but I don't think anything was on last night's RPDRUK. Lawrence was simply being a sore tempered queen - which is what she is.

by Anonymousreply 341March 5, 2021 10:14 PM

I used to really like Laurence but lately he's been very grating. The on last night's episode having a petty meltdown over Ellie using her win to her advantage was pathetic. The "shit sandwich" comment was uncalled for.

I hope Bimini wins and Laurence can't handle it.

by Anonymousreply 342March 5, 2021 10:46 PM

As an American watching this, I’m fascinated by all of the comments from the queens about how hot Tayce’s Welsh accent is. Is it true that in the UK panties will drop for a Welsh accent?

by Anonymousreply 343March 5, 2021 10:54 PM

R325 This is the BBC dear, years of Received Pronunciation and pomposity cannot be undone with gaping assholes!

by Anonymousreply 344March 5, 2021 11:49 PM

R343 Abso-bloody-lutely!!

Although it does tend to depend on who the accent is attached to and when it’s someone as hot as Tayce well.................

by Anonymousreply 345March 5, 2021 11:50 PM

Final 4 challenge must be suited to Tayce and Awhora. Thus, the inevitable roommate lip sync had to be now.

by Anonymousreply 346March 6, 2021 12:01 AM

Tayce's face is stunning, as evidence by how amazing he looked with a pussycat wig even sparser than Monet's. Bimini is really stepping it up- I loved her stand up look, and her runways are showing her art school background.

But all the queens have great runways, as opposed to the US S13 version. Kandy needs to take some notes from Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 347March 6, 2021 1:28 AM

R347 Can we PLEASE leave Kandy out of this thread?

by Anonymousreply 348March 6, 2021 1:54 AM

Just watched. Fuck, Lawrence, way to make everyone hate you, fat insecure cunt. A'Whora whinging like a ten dollar whore. That she is.

Great episode. Bimini is killing it.

by Anonymousreply 349March 6, 2021 2:37 AM

Bimini is the most interesting contestant on any series anywhere since .....? US s6?

by Anonymousreply 350March 6, 2021 2:39 AM

Does "Bon Boulash" mean something?

by Anonymousreply 351March 6, 2021 2:41 AM

R350 Indeed, gives me an old punk vibe.

by Anonymousreply 352March 6, 2021 2:46 AM

Funny how UK works - The final four were the three frock destroyers and The Vivian. Season 2 it's the UK DOLLS minus Awhora plus Ellie. Seems like the most successful girl group challenge team ends up in the finals.

by Anonymousreply 353March 6, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote]Seems like the most successful girl group challenge team ends up in the finals.

Based on TWO seasons??

by Anonymousreply 354March 6, 2021 2:59 AM

Bimini identifies as non binary. It clearly stated in her bio and elsewhere. Meet the Queens. I'm surprised Datalounge doesn't have more to say about this. But let's just don't. Bimini is fantastically interesting and a bit of a wonder in drag. Kind of weirdly moving as a performer. Self assured but there's a bit of a message in what they do. I don't think she is having us on. Challenging the patriarchy, she is! Playing with form and assumptions. Ha. I'm impressed and interested. The UK Drag show is elevated this year. Takes me out of my own thinking, at times.

Can we mention how fucking fantastic RuPaul looked last night? Yes, he' shaved his jaw down and his lip implant has settled, fillers come in and out and he's had everything lifted three times. We've seen him in 200 gowns and wigs. But he's never looked better than last night.

by Anonymousreply 355March 6, 2021 3:04 AM

*It's clearly stated in her bio

by Anonymousreply 356March 6, 2021 3:05 AM

Using my Katya-meter, I really think Bimini wins this thing, (fingers crossed) She hasn't tweeted a single Bimini tweet since this last episode. I'm guessing she got her point across and is now backing off as we head to the finish. No fucking way does Bimini not win unless she completely fucking tanks, and I just don't see that happening. This was Lawrence's to win, at least in his head (and Ru's) but it's looking like the script has flipped, thankfully.

She's fascinating, witty, and ORIGINAL.

Some facts, including how she got her name and has a degree in journalism, not too shabby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 6, 2021 5:28 AM

R355 Meh, non binary just means unfuckable.

by Anonymousreply 358March 6, 2021 5:07 PM

Yes, r355! RuPaul looked as good as I have ever seen her. Radiant!

And, you nailed it, r357. Bimini has originality -- something super refreshing to see this far into the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 359March 6, 2021 8:17 PM

Bimini has a mix of punk and mid-90s Britpop and rave vibes, with a bit of Keith Flint from The Prodigy thrown in. A true original without having to harp on about it. I was team Lawrence for a while, but Lawrence only enjoys the show when he's winning. Bimini is much more gracious.

by Anonymousreply 360March 6, 2021 9:32 PM

r354 I stand by my math.

by Anonymousreply 361March 7, 2021 2:52 AM

I just realized that Ru wears those ridiculous wigs in man drag so he can wear tape lifts. How does one get face lifts without showing all scars on a bald head? I understand Tragus lift, but the rest of the face?

I also discovered that there is a EuroStar Drag Contest that will air in April. Also features a Drag King:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362March 7, 2021 3:58 PM

Sister Sister puts on a good show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363March 8, 2021 2:38 AM

Forgive my cross posting, but I posted this in the Drag Race US thread, and just saw what r362 posted, so:

I'm certainly not the first person to mention this, but I think would be interesting if someone (not Ru, and don't let WoW near it either) would produce a version of Drag Race for drag kings. That is an area yet to be ruined by Disneyfication and 14 year old Frauen-in-training.

I could see Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner getting behind this financially and creatively to make this happen. I knew about Lily's character Tommy Velour, but I didn't know she also had two other male characters. From Wiki:

Tomlin was one of the first female comedians to break out in male drag with her characters Tommy Velour and Rick. In 1982, but later popularized by a January 22, 1983 Saturday Night Live appearance, she premiered Pervis Hawkins, a black rhythm-and-blues soul singer (patterned after Luther Vandross), with a mustache, beard, and close-cropped afro hairstyle, dressed in a three-piece suit. Tomlin used very little, if any, skin-darkening cosmetics as part of the character, instead depending on stage lighting to create the effect.

by Anonymousreply 364March 8, 2021 8:04 AM

Very interesting concept.

by Anonymousreply 365March 8, 2021 8:44 AM

Lilly Tomlin is 80 fucking years old. And a white woman dressing as a black man is NOT done. Nor should it be.

by Anonymousreply 366March 8, 2021 6:00 PM

She could still host the event.

A sort of Grandma Ru character.

It could be her legacy.

by Anonymousreply 367March 8, 2021 8:47 PM

The Drag King idea is good. Landon Cider was amazing, and changed my mind about DKs, on the Boulet Brothers' show. No contestants like the non-binary beast from the same season, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 9, 2021 8:35 PM

I KNEW it!

by Anonymousreply 369March 12, 2021 1:01 AM

I've never seen Eastenders, so maybe most of the humor went over my head, but I didn't find the skit very funny. Tayce was the funniest, campiest one, while Lawrence and Bimini were dialed up to 11 from beginning to end. It was just a bunch of shouting on their part.

by Anonymousreply 370March 12, 2021 1:54 AM

Can someone explain the Panto runway to me? I low key thought all their outfits were hideous... was Tayce's outfit really off the mark?

by Anonymousreply 371March 12, 2021 1:56 AM

I thought it was another great show tonight. I thought it might end how it did tonight.

I thought Tayce's outfit was good. She's got the figure to do a pantomime fairy.

by Anonymousreply 372March 12, 2021 2:15 AM

Okay so Drag Race UK started AFTER Drag Race 13 and they are at the final four and RPDR 13 is still at eight?? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 373March 12, 2021 2:22 AM

It's interesting how the 7 month break changed things.

Pre-hiatus Lawrence looked dominant, after the break Lawrence lost some confidence and Bimini has just dominated.

by Anonymousreply 374March 12, 2021 2:34 AM

R374 It really is something, isn't it? I was certain that Lawrence was the winner prior to the break. I don't see how Bimini CAN'T win now.

R373 At this rate All Stars 6 will crown another winner before S13 is finished.

by Anonymousreply 375March 12, 2021 2:47 AM

I'm so excited for Bimini! If she doesn't get this, I'll be plucked to hell and back. That said, sometimes the wrong winner gets picked. Looking at that ungrateful mess Yvie Oddly. I still don't get how that happened.

Sticking by my Katya-meter. She has continued to remain quiet re: Bimini ever since her momentum went gangbusters. I'm taking all omens!

Will Lawrence EVER shut the fuck up about the way Elle placed them? He's such a sore loser, and he didn't even fucking lose. Shut up, move on, and learn your lines, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 376March 12, 2021 3:33 AM

It was another fantastic episode. That said, Tayce saved herself in the Lip Synch AGAIN, because Ellie really was the best in the Beast Enders. They were not all hilarious, but it was a very high quality skit for Drag Race. All Brits have a bit of natural performance ability. But Bimini and Ellie really shone tonight. Lawrence is the one that I thought fucked it up. But he is remarkable at drag. So many different looks and personas he inhabits. He's very talented. But Bimini is magical.

Lawrence was tedious as fuck with that nonsense stand up bitching, R376. He wasn't the best. He's still there. Shut the fuck up about the order. Never forget that with all the fuckery of these shows, the judges never do see the workroom and day to day interactions of the queens. They are more charmed by Lawrence than he deserves at this point, in my opinion. I will be right pissed off if Bimini doesn't win this crown. Ru and Michelle and even Graham Norton find ways to over praise Lawrence, still. Though at least they are fair about who rightfully wins the challenges and the Lip Syncs on UK Drag Race. Hun.

I've got to look up tonight's song. I loved it. It's fine that all four are going to the finale. WE know this is a two horse race anyway.

The show remains a joy. Beast Enders was hilarious to me. And the fourth judge was hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 377March 12, 2021 6:28 AM

Another great episode, I don't want the season to end. Ru's final call made sense.

R370 It was very funny if you know "Eastenders" and the characters and storylines they were parodying. I'm linking the "You ain't my mother" clip, which was a huge storyline at the time. Ellie's take on Dot Cotton was the weakest, she could have been so much funnier.

R371 Pantomine Dames are usually dressed similar to Lawrence or Ellie. Tayce looked great but technically he didn't dress as a Dame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378March 12, 2021 6:38 AM

Oh. What in the 90s Abba Fuck is This? Oh but I did love the song by Tayce and Ellie. ❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 12, 2021 6:56 AM

R377 was based on Danny Dyers eastenders character I believe. If you’re not familiar with Danny go google his nude pics and have fun!

by Anonymousreply 380March 12, 2021 8:05 AM

Lawrence has lost the joy that he had in the first half of the show- he's so bitter now. And Bimini is the future face of Drag. Ellie looked like she filched her face from Prince Poppycock-maybe that's the friend she referenced.

And such an interesting history of Panto Dames- a few august British actors have taken on the mantle:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381March 12, 2021 2:42 PM

I am so crushed out, I don't know if that's the word, on Bimini. I can't get enough. Transfixed might be a better word. Intriged? Charmed? All of the above and then some. Bottom line I want more. I'm addicted. I feel bummed out when the credits roll. I don't remember the last time I felt that way, if ever, about the US edition.

by Anonymousreply 382March 12, 2021 6:31 PM

I think the final four are the right final line up.

I think Lawrence started strong then petered off. Tayce has always been a strong performer. Ellie played a shrewd game. But Bimini has just grown and blossomed throughout this series. She has been a complete revelation. I hope she wins.

by Anonymousreply 383March 12, 2021 6:38 PM

[Quote]Lawrence has lost the joy that he had in the first half of the show- he's so bitter now

You can tell how much being on lockdown and not performing got to him r381.

by Anonymousreply 384March 12, 2021 6:41 PM

It must be hard for drag acts, given their performance revenue doing the pubs and bars has been cut away from them.

by Anonymousreply 385March 12, 2021 6:50 PM

The sad part is that the winner of Drag Race UK gets ZERO cash prize. And if they can’t travel and perform, they don’t get anything except TV fame.

by Anonymousreply 386March 12, 2021 8:11 PM

I loved the pink catsuit outfit on Lawrence, I think 2 weeks ago. She looked like the lady Sea Monkey from the illustrations when I was a lad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387March 12, 2021 8:14 PM

Pre-Covid Lawrence > Post-Covid Lawrence > RPDR US S13 (except Lala Ri and Tamisha)

by Anonymousreply 388March 12, 2021 8:22 PM

^ It warms my heart that they cherish their Coveted RuPeter Badges.

by Anonymousreply 389March 12, 2021 10:05 PM

The number of coveted RuPeter Badges is directly proportionate to the income Queens will earn in the UK and Europe.

by Anonymousreply 390March 12, 2021 10:08 PM

R380 Danny Dyer is also a bit of a gay icon for snogging Shawn Hatosy on film when they were kids. It was a very long and passionate screen-kiss, ten seconds by my count with a hint of tongue at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391March 12, 2021 10:56 PM

R352 no hate meant by this question, but is Bimini lying about her age? She doesn’t look or seem 26, there’s something too weathered and worldly about her to realistically be that young. Before her age was revealed, I had her down as aged somewhere in her mid-30s. I’m 28, and I look and come across far younger than B3...

I also think she very closely resembles a young Axl Rose. She has the same bony, delinquent, glampunk, white-trash, ‘Ange ou demon?’ epicene thing going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392March 12, 2021 11:08 PM

R392 I wouldn't put it past the queens to lie about their age.

I'm still not sure how we're supposed to believe that The Vivienne was only 28. I mean, I wasn't born yesterday, Mama Ru.

I seem to recall Manila's age being like 25... now she's 39.

by Anonymousreply 393March 12, 2021 11:34 PM

Sorry, meant to say her age on Season 3 was 25. She was 36 on All Stars 4. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 394March 12, 2021 11:35 PM

And don't forget Joe Black was supposedly only 30!

by Anonymousreply 395March 12, 2021 11:42 PM

I LOVE Bimini. In every way. I would go non binary for him. His bad yellow hair colour makes his skin look so RED. I think Bimini Von Boulash may have had a chemical peel - her/his skin is so shiny and tight and....pink. I don't think he looks much older than 28 0r 30. She's just a bit tortured and tired. Even Tayce is looking a bit drawn as the season progresses. Some here just don't notice it. Cuz he's so gorgeous. I want to marry that flat ass MAN.

Lawrence looks decades older than them all. And we know why. Get some electrolysis on that hairline man.

Let's not trash them though. They are ALL so great. What a gift the UK Drag Race girls have given us. Go back and watch the rusical RATS. Ha. Too bad they get so much less attention and $$$ than the amateur hour shite show that is season 13 of RPDR. But maybe it's better. They're a million miles deeper in talent and personality than the average American contestant.

Bimini does look like a Tiny Axl Rose or a punk Meg Ryan. I am in LOVE with her everything. He's not at all bitchy - more droll and just a bit sad.🌹

by Anonymousreply 396March 12, 2021 11:44 PM

I had gone through all the seasons of RPDR during lockdown, and almost everyone lied about their age, with the exception of Blair St. Clair, Adore and Gigi Goode.

by Anonymousreply 397March 12, 2021 11:47 PM

Also, can the Die Antwoordian hairstyle die already?

by Anonymousreply 398March 12, 2021 11:49 PM

I do think that the BBC is the wrong channel for RPDRUK.

It's a shame that the contestants don't get financially recognised. I think ITV2 or E4 or Sky would be a better fit for the show.

by Anonymousreply 399March 13, 2021 4:09 AM

So was Ginny Lemon just a Panto Dame the entire time (instead of a proper drag queen?)

by Anonymousreply 400March 13, 2021 4:23 AM

‘Drag was always a protest, a political statement’: RuPaul’s Drag Race UK finalists open up

The second season of the UK spin-off has been a huge hit. Ahead of the final, Ellie Diamond, Lawrence Chaney, Tayce and Bimini Bon Boulash spill the beans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401March 13, 2021 2:03 PM

Drag wasn't always a political statement.

by Anonymousreply 402March 13, 2021 2:05 PM

I read the article in this morning's Guardian. It was interesting. What did you make of the cover picture R402. Bimini was the only one not looking at the crown 👑.

by Anonymousreply 403March 13, 2021 2:16 PM

Lawrence is serving Ben de la Creme vibes in that photo at r401.

by Anonymousreply 404March 13, 2021 3:59 PM

Love that they used Steps for the LFYL song, but I hate they cut Claire's verse.

by Anonymousreply 405March 14, 2021 2:43 AM

HURRY UP THURSDAY, YOU LAZY CUNT! I NEED MY BIMINI FIX!

by Anonymousreply 406March 15, 2021 8:17 PM

r406....here, this will tide you over:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 15, 2021 8:28 PM

I LOVE YOU R407!

by Anonymousreply 408March 15, 2021 8:51 PM

While we wait, here's an interview with Bimini in British Vogue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409March 17, 2021 8:36 PM

Oh bless them.

I do hope they win.

by Anonymousreply 410March 17, 2021 10:18 PM

R409 All the they's in that article, makes it so hard to follow.

by Anonymousreply 411March 17, 2021 10:24 PM

Yeah it does take getting used to. She uses She in drag, they outside of it. This might normally get on my tits, but I love her/them too much. She gets a pass. Check out this wig made from gold safety pins. Nice shot with her and Tayce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412March 17, 2021 11:06 PM

A slightly closer shot of the wig. I love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413March 17, 2021 11:10 PM

Bimini comes off as such an interesting, educated, and good egg in that Vogue article at r409. I could actually see Ru not giving her a win just out of jealousy.

I'm so sick of discussions about gender fluidity, but Bimini brings it into a focus where it applies to everyone. It's not cis this, trans that. She's more from the Bowie school of androgyny. Here:

"...gender being fluid is only a good thing, because it means that we can start breaking down the stereotypes that still stop women getting the same jobs as men and stop men talking about their emotions."

I also like how Bimini doesn't speak in recycled platitudes but has a matter of fact upbeat outlook that rings true:

For those thinking about experimenting with drag, Bimini says taking the time to experiment, to “find your face”, and not caring what anyone else thinks is most important: “You don’t have to be bitchy, you don’t have to be shady, you can just do the things you want in life.”

by Anonymousreply 414March 17, 2021 11:36 PM

I'm another one who can't get enough Bimini. She's the future of us all. So fucking punk and cool and pretty as she cares to be. Droll and wise and quick, but not really bitchy at all. A true individual. There's a sensitive soul there kicking some ass. They're all quite lovely people to observe and enjoy on UK Drag Race Season II. But Bimini needs a great showcase. He's not A STAR as much as a real talent and fascinating soul. I've come to find them very attractive too.❤️

by Anonymousreply 415March 18, 2021 12:03 AM

Dammit, now you've given me the mindworm that Bimini should do Kate...She should totally do her. And if Ru doesn't give her the crown, she has no vision for the future. I do adore Lawrence and Tayce, but they're totally an expected quantity.

by Anonymousreply 416March 18, 2021 12:22 AM

R416 Kate who?

by Anonymousreply 417March 18, 2021 1:19 AM

R417 Kate Moss, you mollusk.

by Anonymousreply 418March 18, 2021 1:28 AM

R417 Oh thank god, I thought you might have meant Middleton who is about as interesting and enigmatic as a toenail clipping.

by Anonymousreply 419March 18, 2021 1:30 AM

I R'd myself R18. Sorry. It's the cocktails taking over.

by Anonymousreply 420March 18, 2021 1:32 AM

r418 HOLY FUCK.

I'm cutting myself off!

Right after I finish the bottle...

by Anonymousreply 421March 18, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote]Lawrence is serving Ben de la Creme vibes in that photo at [R401].

More like Ben de la Cadbury Cream Eggs

by Anonymousreply 422March 18, 2021 3:29 PM

I'm really looking forward to the final tonight!

by Anonymousreply 423March 18, 2021 3:34 PM

I've been re-watching the entire season 2, and I've realized that Bimini is completely comfortable in her own skin, regardless of what she's wearing. All the others are only confident when dressed up in drag. Even Tayce is uncomfortable being the Trade of the season.

by Anonymousreply 424March 18, 2021 7:07 PM

Well I've just watched the final.

Enjoy if you're able to watch on the BBC iPlayer or in the States.

It was a very good final!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425March 18, 2021 7:18 PM

There's the link to the season finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426March 18, 2021 7:21 PM

WOW.

by Anonymousreply 427March 18, 2021 7:37 PM

Wow indeed, I'm a bit surprised with that outcome. Sorry to see this great season over.

by Anonymousreply 428March 18, 2021 8:01 PM

That was indeed a good final overall. And I fully second what r428 said.

I'm really going to miss these bitches. All of them (well, almost all of them) brought something unique to the table and once again made Drag Race fun and interesting to watch, without the wokeness, young teen insane fan base, and self-seriousness that has driven the US version into the ground. Fingers crossed we get a UK season 3 with the same amount of joie de vivre as the first two. I am already looking forward to seeing Veronica!

by Anonymousreply 429March 18, 2021 9:57 PM

Great to see Veronica return for the finale! I don't even want to entertain the possibility of there not being a Season 3, and no opportunity for Veronica to come back and kill it.

Does this mean that we finally got ourselves a big girl winner?

by Anonymousreply 430March 18, 2021 10:13 PM

Not the outcome I wanted, but it was a very good series. I rewatched the Eurovision episode before the finale...I love that damn song UK, Hun!

by Anonymousreply 431March 18, 2021 10:32 PM

Me too Hun. It's a hit, that song.

I didn't want a spoiler before I watch the show tonight, but I made the mistake of going on Twitter. I follow too many drag queens I guess....Ok.

I'm still very excited to see the show and my forever non binary boyfriend tonight.🖤🤍❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 18, 2021 11:01 PM

Genuinely sad that this is over, sort of disappointed at the outcome, but not surprised. I think Australia's will be fun- it seems the queens aren't as polished, so hopefully we'll have development like we did with Bimini.

by Anonymousreply 433March 18, 2021 11:01 PM

When there is no cash prize, does it really matter who wins?

Bimini and Lawrence come out the same either way.

by Anonymousreply 434March 18, 2021 11:06 PM

Queens still love a crown R434.

by Anonymousreply 435March 18, 2021 11:13 PM

Stop being vague. Did Bimini give the producers a Katya-chop?

by Anonymousreply 436March 18, 2021 11:17 PM

Girls.. Did ye all see the hot dancer in Little bit of love UK.. He was such a distraction!

by Anonymousreply 437March 18, 2021 11:47 PM

I don’t agree with that outcome at all.

by Anonymousreply 438March 18, 2021 11:56 PM

It didn’t surprise me that Lawrence won, despite rooting for Bimini. During the performance Ru lit up when Lawrence did her verse. That’s when I knew she bagged it.

I actually thought “A Little Bit of Love” was a terrible song. It felt like it droned on and on. I wish they chose a more dynamic song for the girls.

by Anonymousreply 439March 19, 2021 12:14 AM

Tayce was the best in the finale. She really slayed.

by Anonymousreply 440March 19, 2021 12:15 AM

Same r438 Even though it's already been a tiny bit spoiled, I think we have been good on this thread so far about not spelling it all completely for anyone yet to watch.

by Anonymousreply 441March 19, 2021 12:15 AM

Aaaand right when I hit post someone spoils it.

Welp.

by Anonymousreply 442March 19, 2021 12:16 AM

It's a really, really bad idea to view these threads on the same day of a new episode's airing if you want to avoid spoilers, especially if it's a finale.

by Anonymousreply 443March 19, 2021 12:24 AM

Now that the fat cat is fully out of the bag. I feel that R414 nailed it earlier on when they said "I could actually see Ru not giving her a win just out of jealousy."

I think Ru was going to stick by her initial pick no matter what, and yes, professional jealousy I think did come into play, as Bimini is one of the most talented queens to come out of the entire pack. She'll be fine. I'm disappointed though.

Ru was gunning to win for LC from the start. When Bimini came back from the break guns ablazing, and Lawrence was flailing, it didn't matter at that point. Ru decided she wasn't going to be wrong, and so, there we have it. Lawrence.

Really all four queens did a great job. Good for Lawrence. It wasn't the outcome I had hoped for, but they all did themselves proud.

You are right R443 it's hard not to want to chat with the gang, but you takes yer chances...

by Anonymousreply 444March 19, 2021 12:27 AM

I'm really hoping that Lawrence's win will negate Kandy's advancement in the US season. Ellie, Tayce, and Bimini will do just fine.

by Anonymousreply 445March 19, 2021 12:38 AM

Wow. We NEED an International All Stars season for Bimini to get the opportunity to really shine worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 446March 19, 2021 12:51 AM

R 442 Sorry, I didn't realize that it was too early to talk about the winner in this thread. 😬😬 I didn't mean to spoil it for you. I was just too crushed by the results to not complain about it.

I guess this really goes to show that track record DOES NOT matter when it comes to choosing the winners.

by Anonymousreply 447March 19, 2021 12:52 AM

Discussing an episode in the thread after it airs is not spoilers. Stay out if you don't want to read what happens.

Track record has stopped mattering a while ago r447. Yvie had one win and Brooke had three.

Personally I would remind any upset Bimini fans there is NO PRIZE MONEY. So it really ain't that serious.

by Anonymousreply 448March 19, 2021 12:58 AM

r434 Good point. I do believe Bimini might actually benefit more from being runner-up vs winner. The injustice & gumption of the decision garners extra fan love & attention.

by Anonymousreply 449March 19, 2021 1:00 AM

There was something so special about this season. Really felt like a throwback to seasons 1-5 when the production budget was shit and all of the queens were poor and holding down day jobs, as opposed to the US version now where all the kids are Instagram stars with trust funds.

I’m sad that it’s over and not looking forward to going back to one of the worst seasons of the show ever that is currently airing in the US. Guess I’ll wait it out for Australia.

by Anonymousreply 450March 19, 2021 1:00 AM

R448 But... I want a Bimini tv show developed by World of Wonder!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451March 19, 2021 1:02 AM

The problem with a Lawrence win is that he's rather repulsive in the looks department. Even if he wasn't obese, he'd be ugly.

by Anonymousreply 452March 19, 2021 1:06 AM

When Lawrence said he was 23 I choked on my drink. Poor thing...

by Anonymousreply 453March 19, 2021 1:20 AM

When Ellie said the first drag queen she remembers from the franchise is Adore Delano, I wanted to die.

by Anonymousreply 454March 19, 2021 1:24 AM

Although I will give props to Ellie, who at 21, is a fully realized queen.

Here's some new Bimini/Tayce goodness:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455March 19, 2021 1:44 AM

(Quote]I actually thought “A Little Bit of Love” was a terrible song. It felt like it droned on and on. I wish they chose a more dynamic song for the girls.

Agree r439. You could barely these verses, I hated the song.

It was the same as the all stars finale with Shea and Jujubee. This super loud backing track where you couldn't hear the lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 456March 19, 2021 1:52 AM

Anyone else notice that the lip syncing was off for pretty much all the queens during their individual verses?

It seemed like their verses were too fast in general, but I wonder if, on top of that, they had trouble clearly hearing them above the backing track.

by Anonymousreply 457March 19, 2021 2:24 AM

Yes, I saw that too, but assumed that maybe they didn't have earwigs that singers usually do.

by Anonymousreply 458March 19, 2021 2:27 AM

R447 Oh wow, no apologies necessary AT ALL, doll! I knew what I was getting into. Everyone is right in saying a person just has to stay away from here, Twatter, etc. Until you know for sure everyone knows. I did already know so it's all fine. *muah*

I'm crushed about it too, but I think she's going to go BIG time. Lawrence will likely get some deflated/limp WoW "show" (as most of them are,) and I sort of doubt we will hear much after that.

Bimini has already had famous designers working with her, and now I can only imagine will have more. I do think she will become a true superstar. Sometimes it is better NOT to win.

by Anonymousreply 459March 19, 2021 2:28 AM

I noticed r457. The sound mixing on this number was bad.

It's too bad that a good season of drag race had suck a weak finale number.

by Anonymousreply 460March 19, 2021 2:31 AM

r457 Yes! Completely agree.

I have to say that Bimini was off track the most at the start. There was a bit of low energy there, though sometimes she'd pick it back up, though it would wind back down. I was surprised at the wedding dress. It was very...wedding dress. I didn't see much of her unique mark on it.

I think Tayce performed the best on the finale. Seemed to truly feel it and it showed. Fantastic energy.

by Anonymousreply 461March 19, 2021 2:43 AM

Why did they bother saving Ellie in the previous episode if they were just going to eliminate her before the final elimination??

by Anonymousreply 462March 19, 2021 2:45 AM

R462 Based on the final performance, they probably kept her so the stage looked symmetrical with 4 people lining up across it for the final performance.

by Anonymousreply 463March 19, 2021 3:23 AM

Did Ru's boobs look crooked to anyone else ?

by Anonymousreply 464March 19, 2021 4:54 AM

Big queen won!

by Anonymousreply 465March 19, 2021 6:36 AM

I think my darling Bimini has really good cheek implants. Too impossibly defined in such a tight little muscled body. Really nicely done, if a bit exaggerated. She's not emaciated enough to have those cheekbones, but she rocks them. And they suit her. I always liked that look on women & men.

If it were a one night race, Tayce won tonight. Her movements were so sharp and defined and she killed that song. He's a right interesting fellow. Not really sexy as guy, but so beautiful in drag. So handsome and kind. But a bit held back and relaxing a bit on the superficial. He could star in any superhero movie as the Storm Goddess without any alteration. Stunning looking and the most musical of the season. That Dusty Springfield number won't soon be forgotten by me.

Ellie was fantastic on the finale. She looked amazing and was very impressive. A really cute guy who is a thousand feet tall. Beautiful makeup the more you see it. Sweet guy and a bit too sweet costumes. Though Michelle argued for him.

Lawrence Chaney performed the worst, but had the best Runway look. That was a hell of a jumpsuit and was fit and designed to perfection. As great as any gown that's ever been on the runway. As another poster noted, you see the look in Ru's eyes soften when Lawrence speaks or turns on the charm. Ru smiles and his eyes shine. He reacted that way with Kennedy Davenport and Heidi N Closet too. Utterly charmed by them. Those bitches didn't win though. But he also looked at Aquaria than way, if a bit more lascivious. And she won. More deservedly than Lawrence Chaney IMO.

Lawrence has charm to burn and is extremely good at many facets of Drag and performance. He's often hilarious.

But Bimini is one of a kind. Drag Race or no race won't see the likes of them often, or ever. I didn't care for her wedding look and they were all done in by the final challenge. Not Tayce though. He was a video vixen. A great dancer and performer. No shots had to be cheated. He nailed that performance. And the final lip sync. But the writing was on the bloody walls of Scotland long before tonight. I can't help but be bummed out. I'm more than sure that Ru understands Bimini. It really IS possible that RuPaul was just a bit jealous. Bimini might just capture the world of fashion, art, drag, performance and music. For sure there will be some killer photo shoots and videos in her future. The fanbase is gaga for her. #MeToo.

So RuPaul went for a corny old gal. Of 23. Sheesh. There is more than a passing resemblance between Lawrence Chaney and Ginger Ming.

by Anonymousreply 466March 19, 2021 7:05 AM

I thought Lawrence was a good competitor but the judges gave her so many passes where they should have been reading her to filth, and her finale lip sync was objectively the weakest out of all of them. Can't help but be disappointed in the choice of winner - I think Bimini was more deserving. No interest at all in watching the show Lawrence flies out to Hollywood to do, whereas I would have if it was Bim.

by Anonymousreply 467March 19, 2021 9:39 AM

[quote] Wow. We NEED an International All Stars season for Bimini to get the opportunity to really shine worldwide.

With JIMBO!!

by Anonymousreply 468March 19, 2021 12:34 PM

Oh god, Jimbo was great. "It's my SPECIAL DAAAAAY!" might be my favorite moment from any Drag Race edition.

by Anonymousreply 469March 19, 2021 12:39 PM

Lawrence did an air guitar in the final lip sync, that alone should be grounds for elimination.

by Anonymousreply 470March 19, 2021 12:53 PM

r466, it's probably just fillers- I had it done a while ago (the lady insisted that it would "lift" my sagging jowls), and it didn't suit me.

I actually was underwhelmed by Lawrence's final look- it was too similar to his Avengers hommage.

by Anonymousreply 471March 19, 2021 2:37 PM

Was anyone else gagged when Tayce revealed his dad was in Wham! ??

by Anonymousreply 472March 19, 2021 3:19 PM

Bimini is just so fucking ugly out of drag, I can't watch him.......

by Anonymousreply 473March 19, 2021 3:48 PM

Lawrence Cheney is 23??!! I thought he was at least 10 years older. Also, young Ellie has the flabby ass of an eldergay. These cunts need to lay off the bangers & mash.

by Anonymousreply 474March 19, 2021 3:56 PM

r474, to be fair, they all just came back from a 7 month lockdown with no jobs. Lawrence said that he's a stress eater- even one judge commented how Lawrence was expanding and wouldn't be able to fit exiting the stage.

by Anonymousreply 475March 19, 2021 4:00 PM

Wins like this prove it is still RuPauls Drag Race, Bimini was the fan favorite but it is Ru's show and she obviously responded to Lawrence the most. It was clear all season she was a fan.

by Anonymousreply 476March 19, 2021 4:07 PM

Do they not do Miss Congeniality? Did they do it in the first season? Supposedly Bimini would have won that if they had.

by Anonymousreply 477March 19, 2021 4:18 PM

They did not have a Miss Congeniality last season either, nor did they for Canada's Drag Race. Maybe it's because they don't have reunion shows for either franchise.

by Anonymousreply 478March 19, 2021 4:26 PM

A consequence of everything being taped in advance is that the show misses out on how a queen is doing outside the perspective of their limited bubble.

by Anonymousreply 479March 19, 2021 4:30 PM

No r479. The way these shows work is they film each contestant winning.

They then just pick which ending to use before it airs, they are able to take into account fan response if they want.

by Anonymousreply 480March 19, 2021 6:36 PM

Bimini has class and heart. Here are her tweets from last night re: the outcome. It's a mini thread starting with the one linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481March 19, 2021 7:14 PM

I love that they brought everyone back for the finale. They seem like one of the closest casts of any franchise.

by Anonymousreply 482March 19, 2021 7:39 PM

I hate when drag queens use their real, boy names.

by Anonymousreply 483March 19, 2021 7:47 PM

Pre-Stonewall, it was common for drag queens to use their male names—often with "Mr." appended—to partially comply with local ordinances against crossdressing, which were ostensibly about "defrauding the public" rather than discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 484March 19, 2021 7:53 PM

Pretty spot on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 19, 2021 8:20 PM

So there is going to be a Season 3 and they just finished filming it already? That's a relief!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486March 19, 2021 8:46 PM

DRUK with no monetary prizes reminds me of when Ninja Warrior was, "Sasuke" in Japan, and everyone did it for the honor. When it moved to America, they started off with no prize money, then S2 added money. I lost interest after that- there's a real difference when people do it for love/pride/honor vs money.

by Anonymousreply 487March 19, 2021 8:52 PM

Now that S3 filming is done, filming is reportedly starting in the UK for the inaugural season of All Stars International with this "likely" cast, per r/SpoiledDragRace:

• [bold]Manila Luzon,[/bold] RPDR S3/AS1/AS4; [bold]Monique Heart,[/bold] RPDR S10, AS4

• [bold]Baga Chipz, Blu Hydrangea, Cheryl Hole,[/bold] RPDR UK S1

• [bold]Jimbo, Lemon,[/bold] Canada's Drag Race S1

• [bold]Envy Peru, Janey Jacké,[/bold] Drag Race Holland S1

• [bold]Pangina Heals,[/bold] the English-speaking co-host of Drag Race Thailand

by Anonymousreply 488March 19, 2021 9:33 PM

Jimbo returns? SOLD! I'll watch the fuck outta that; forget about whatever BS will come from All Stars 6.

R469 - all that reminds me of was how Jimbo did NOT win that week's challenge. When that happened, and when Jimbo didn't win the makeover challenge two weeks later (and in fact was in the bottom three!), it became clear that no matter how well she did, the CDR judges just weren't buying what she was selling and she wasn't going to win.

by Anonymousreply 489March 19, 2021 9:48 PM

The "spillers" on Spoiled Drag Race were speculating earlier this year that All Stars International had morphed into WOW's upcoming [italic]Queen of the Universe[/italic] singing competition, but the consensus now seems to be that they're going to be two separate projects after all.

by Anonymousreply 490March 19, 2021 9:54 PM

Ooooh Pangina is a fierce queen, who suffers no fools. Manila should be quaking in her boots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491March 19, 2021 9:55 PM

R448 Manila?! AGAIN?!?! ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 492March 19, 2021 10:55 PM

Pangina is hot out of drag. I’m not entirely sure I’m buying all these rumours of filming back to back seasons in the UK during a hard lockdown due to COVID. If true, hopefully they space it out a bit and let the franchise breathe.

by Anonymousreply 493March 19, 2021 10:57 PM

Not sure what Lawrence's power was. Bimini had better looks and was funny/witty. Tayce had the best commentary, charisma for days, better entertainment value IMO. What exactly was Lawrence bringing to the table? Said she's a comedy queen... but not really funny. Failed the acting challenges. Basic camp looks. Seems like the decision was made by episode 2 (or even before?) and no matter how many fails she had Lawrence was going to win.

by Anonymousreply 494March 20, 2021 1:44 AM

Boy Bimini

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495March 20, 2021 1:58 AM

^ I knew his cheekbones were real.❤️

by Anonymousreply 496March 20, 2021 3:19 AM

r494 I think Ru wanted him to win from jump, so even when he started to fall on his face, and Bimini transformed, Ru refused to be "wrong", so...Lawrence for the (disappointing, at least to me) win.

by Anonymousreply 497March 20, 2021 4:30 AM

Vinegar Strokes bashes Tayce's looks and says that she let A'Whora suck her off in exchange for help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498March 20, 2021 10:01 PM

Suck me off, U'Whora.

by Anonymousreply 499March 20, 2021 10:18 PM

Lawrence Chaney. Meh. It was obvious she had the crown from the beginning but she really soured on the audience didn't she? Bimini 4-EVAH!

by Anonymousreply 500March 21, 2021 12:23 AM

If history has taught us one thing, it’s that the runner up in a reality show nearly always goes on to a bigger and better career than the winner. That thought makes me happy as Bimini was amazing and her/their voice should continue to be heard.

by Anonymousreply 501March 21, 2021 1:06 AM

Well said r501 I think from looking at her Twitter feed Bimini already has some exciting shit planned. And now with vaccines finally getting out, she'll get some sweet, sweet coins working her pick of venues. HER PICK, BITCHES!

I think Tayce will be able to pick and choose too.

LC on the other hand?

by Anonymousreply 502March 21, 2021 2:37 AM

Maybe Ru knows that the stars will be stars, no matter what, so she chooses people that she thinks needs help?

And Ru was clearly displeased when Lawrence said that he's staying in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 503March 21, 2021 4:03 PM

Should read "Chooses the winner from people who need help "

by Anonymousreply 504March 21, 2021 4:04 PM

BIMINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be in massive Bimini withdrawals tonight. I'll just lurk all over YouTube to watch her in anything to try and get my fix. I couldn't find Bimini's own YT channel, maybe they don't have one? Or maybe I'm just an idiot (likely that) and one of you lambs could give me the URL.

by Anonymousreply 505March 25, 2021 3:37 PM

Harry Carter was too hot in the finals. Especially his dance steps along side fierce Tayce is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 506March 25, 2021 4:08 PM

r505, no channels yet. Here's a music video for you:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507March 25, 2021 4:14 PM

R507, thank you very much!

*sniff*

by Anonymousreply 508March 25, 2021 4:42 PM

Can we love her more? Yes, I can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509March 27, 2021 9:33 PM

I hate emojis. That said whenever I see Bimini like in the post at r509, or pretty much any time, I get a full body "heart eyes emoji" flush. I am not signing this post because I am fully aware it sounds absolutely fucking stupid and I come off like one of those 11 year old American girls with their drag queen crushes.

I have enough to be embarrassed about in my life as it is.

by Anonymousreply 510March 28, 2021 6:40 AM

r509, for youuuu....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511March 28, 2021 7:11 PM

After massive fan backlash, the S2 tour of the UK will now include all of the queens instead of just the top four.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512March 28, 2021 8:03 PM

r512 Perfect. I still wouldn't pay to watch this repetitive trash.

by Anonymousreply 513March 28, 2021 8:18 PM

r512- the entire cast from S1 toured...I wonder why they changed it to 4- doesn't seem like there would be a lot to watch. Although it would be painful watching Ginny Lemon in her sensible shoes.

by Anonymousreply 514March 28, 2021 11:07 PM

Another season recorded already? AND an All Stars?

I loved UK Drag Race but too much of a good thing...

by Anonymousreply 515March 28, 2021 11:10 PM

R514, it was supposedly going to be just the top four due to COVID restrictions.

by Anonymousreply 516March 29, 2021 1:51 AM

Speaking of Bimini, I would LOVE to see that fabulously talented bitch in full early Freddie Mercury drag storming the stage lip syncing to this with her own twist of course. Would bring the house down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517March 29, 2021 11:31 AM

Drag Race UK: Bimini Bon Boulash mural painted over

A mural tribute to Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash has been painted over in an apparent act of vandalism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518March 30, 2021 1:28 AM

Can Lawrence account for his whereabouts at the time this happened?

by Anonymousreply 519March 30, 2021 1:52 AM

RIP Asstina's mum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520March 30, 2021 10:08 AM

“I am serving you an adequate dress ... made of material ... that is on my body. Vintage? [italic]No.[/italic] Elegant? [italic]No.[/italic] Still stuck on me? [italic]Just about.[/italic] The judges seem vaguely amused by what is happening before them, and I’m okay with that.”

by Anonymousreply 521March 30, 2021 10:20 AM

Looking forward to Bimini's book. I wonder when it will be available in the US. I don't see it available for preorder on the US site, only the UK one.

I also see that both the title and cover have not been decided, Not crazy about the working title, as it's sort of, eh. Perhaps something like, Bimini Bon Boulash: Not a Joke, Just a Fact? Though now that I think about it, if this book is supposed to be a self help book, a title like I'm suggesting would be better for an autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 522March 30, 2021 4:40 PM

A bit of Bimini tidbits from the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523June 16, 2021 9:14 AM

Bimini's new video. I don't generally have patience for the non binary whatever, blah, blah, let alone vegans, but whatever this bitch serves, I eat up like a happy hound.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524June 16, 2021 9:18 AM

R524 I really get now why some of us thought Katya was behind Bimini's "later work". As I really see it now, post COVID break and in this video. Love seeing Katya with her "Bimini Babes" fan these days. Seriously though, Bimini transformed after the Rona break, and that bore Lawrence, who I never found that funny, went south. Much to Ru's chagrin as she clearly had LC in her sights as the winner.

And LC is doing what these days? Except getting fatter?

by Anonymousreply 525June 16, 2021 9:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!