Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dump is DONE - Part 3

As more is revealed regarding impeached President Trump's orchestrated coup d’état - a coup, mind you, that he has been planning for the last three months, if not much longer - we must remain valiant, vigilant, and vociferous in both our condemnation of this terrorist leader and in sharing all information even tangentially related to the events of January 6th.

Trump is directly responsible for the insurrection against our Capitol, which saw an overwhelming crowd of national-anarchists and fascists, i.e., MAGA extremists, Proud Boys, white supremacists, and various militia and far-right groups - in some cases aided and abetted by law enforcement - infiltrate and take over a federal government building with the intent of abducting, harming, and possibly killing government officials in a clear attempt to subvert democracy and to stop the democratic process.

The attack on the Capital was preceded by both the infiltration of the initially peaceful Black Lives Matter protests during the summer of 2020 by the aforementioned national-anarchist and fascist groups, who in many instances instigated looting and violence, and in other cases, harmed and killed protesters using bricks, knives, guns, and vehicles, and by the plot to kidnap, rape, and murder Governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer. These are just a few of myriad alarming events that this demented individual we are still forced to call "president" has normalized with his rhetoric, behavior, and encouragement.

In my opinion (is it still an opinion?), Trump's abrupt removal and replacement of senior defense officials with inexperienced loyalists resulted in the lack of and delayed responses by the Department of Defense, i.e., Pentagon, and Capitol Police. However, I am counting on the more knowledgeable posters on this forum to share more information regarding these sudden top-level shifts and changes. Also, please share other instances in which he "set the stage" for a coup and in which he was aided and abetted by government officials and law enforcement to carry out the attack on the Capitol. (We cannot get mired in and become distracted by the more inane discussions and arguments this assault on our country and government has incited.)

Although I considered changing the title of this thread to something a bit more serious, I opted not to because I think the title's message is truthful and succinct. Also, there are two other threads with the same title that I would like to keep linked to this one. Finally, please forgive any errors in grammar and punctuation; I wrote this in a flash. (Oh, dear! There, done.)

Thanks in advance for your replies and for the help and information they will hopefully contain.

[Links to Part 1 and Part 2 of this thread have been posted below.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561January 20, 2021 4:08 PM

Part 2 is linked in the op and Part 1 is posted below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2021 6:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2021 7:04 PM

Things don't happen to address threats anymore. They're just going to wait until 1/20, or until more people die from this. That's how we do things now: last minute, after multiple deaths (which we've already had, but it's already being minimized), and only with clearly audible rage among the propertied upper-middle class.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2021 7:10 PM

R2 looks like LAPD is working on that incident if I'm reading things correctly

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2021 7:10 PM

Former CIA Director (2013-17) John O. Brennan: Articles of impeachment, calling for Trump’s removal as well as prohibiting him from holding future office, must be initiated in response to the deadly assault on the Capitol. A compressed timeframe presents practical challenges, but Trump’s heinous actions demand it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2021 7:11 PM

Former director of the United States Office of Government Ethics (2013-2017) Walter Shaub: This feels like the Cuban missile crisis, and every minute Donald Trump remains in office is a dangerous one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2021 7:16 PM

Reuters: Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said that U.S. President Donald Trump and other politicians incited the violent attack on the Capitol this week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2021 7:17 PM

[bold]Coup Klux Klan: Trump Triggers Mob & Rob Bid[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2021 7:18 PM

[bold] Trumpists intended to take members of Congress hostage, hold show trials, conduct executions[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2021 7:20 PM

There must be political consequences for everyone who enabled Donald Trump's reign of terror the past four years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2021 7:22 PM

Biden on impeachment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2021 7:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2021 7:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2021 7:27 PM

Los Angeles Times: Today’s Headline: [bold]The call for Trump’s removal[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2021 7:29 PM

Breaking News: President-elect Joe Biden sidestepped questions about a possible second impeachment, saying “what the Congress decides to do is for them to decide.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2021 7:31 PM

Don't fuck with Nancy's desk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2021 7:31 PM

[bold] Some among America's military allies believe Trump deliberately attempted a coup and may have had help from federal law-enforcement officials[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2021 7:32 PM

This thread has made some great connections regarding law enforcement and government officials helping Trump in his coup attempt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2021 7:34 PM

One of the best reports out there about the terrorist attack:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2021 7:37 PM

30 minute + from inside the attack and during the break in into the Capitol. This is graphic and documents the shooting and killing of one of the domestic terrorists toward the end of the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2021 8:01 PM

R16, go Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2021 8:10 PM

The Capitol Police Officer, Brian Sicknick, who was murdered:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2021 8:20 PM

Now it appears that Murkowski may switch parties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2021 9:08 PM

Go to hell, Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2021 9:14 PM

I have to wonder if that woman who is identified as the grandmother of the WV politician is actually his mother. When she comes out she tells the cameraperson to have a heart because her "grandbabies" are inside. I think she misunderstood the cameraman's question, thinking he was confirming that she was grandmother to the children inside, presumably the politician's children, not grandmother to the politician himself.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2021 9:22 PM

Sleuthing.

Go American Citizens! Let’s get these fuckers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2021 9:23 PM

More:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2021 9:24 PM

Jonathan Swan is reporting that most people in government are acting as if Trump isn’t president. Very possible that Pence is running the country in some sort of shadow role

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2021 9:25 PM

^^Other WH reporters are saying, though, that this isn’t much different from the last 4 years.

He’s really not been involved in the presidency other than to feed his ego.

What is different is that some of the spotlight is on Pence, as he attempts to shrug it off and placate his master.

AND that Trump is furious.

by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote] AND that Trump is furious.

The levels.

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2021 9:34 PM

Two more nutcases banned from Twitter permanently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2021 9:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2021 9:40 PM

Jack Dorsey, you had one fucking job!

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2021 9:40 PM

Wouldn’t it be better to just go for a censure? They can get that done. If it’s so urgent, why wait until Monday? It’s starting to feel like there’s too much talking going on.

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2021 9:42 PM

"The President Did This" -- devastating ad from Republicans for the Rule of Law (I take it they're Never Trumpers):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2021 9:43 PM

Trump is supposedly going to Camp David for the weekend. Will Pence be in the White House?

I hope the tv media doesn't take their foot off the pedal during the weekend. Their weekend coverage is always diluted.

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2021 9:44 PM

Pence was at WH all day but did not speak to Trump

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2021 9:48 PM

Trump really is the stupidest person ever. If I was him I’d call Pence, tell him I’ll resign if he gives me a full pardon, and fuck off down to Florida. A pardon from Pence would be iron clad. A self pardon is MUCH less legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2021 9:51 PM

Graphic and uncensored video of the woman shot by Capitol police.

I was wondering if it was really necessary for the cops to shoot to kill but after seeing the video it’s obvious why they did it. On the other side of that broken window were all the Congresspeople. That mob would have killed them. This woman was the first one through after the window was smashed. They had to be stopped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2021 9:51 PM

Have any of the saner Republicans talked about forming a new party yet? The Lincoln Project folks, Never Trumpers, Romney, Murkowski, etc could just move on and leave all the fascists behind to implode upon themselves. That would seem to solve a whole lot of problems for them going forward and they can get back to tax cuts and corporate oligarch-ing.

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2021 9:53 PM

R39, the guy who shot her is clearly Secret Service and not police and he would not open fire if there were just congressmen only in there. I think he might have been Nancy's detail or Pence's. They have the right to do what he did.

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2021 9:55 PM

Apologies for posting twice, but this is what I wrote on the Murkowski thread:

This is great news! If she were to leave the Republican Party now, Schumer would have control of the Senate next week and control the trial. This might not seem like much on the surface, but this is a direct threat to mango Mussolini; resign or Chuck gets you and the narrative. Having the trial controlled by Schumer will be a PR nightmare for traitor Republicans. And having survived being successfully primaried on the right she can do this.

She can temporarily caucus with the Democrats or she can caucus with no one. This gives every other Republican who would not survived being primaried cover. McTurtle is probably on board with the plan. He's losing the majority on the 20th anyway. Best case scenario for him, Trump understands the threat and resigns, Murkowki remains a Republican. Worst case scenario, he loses the majority 9 days early and the Republicans can pretend to be victims of the Libtard spin machine as they are forced to convict after the damning trial run by evil Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2021 9:59 PM

Why are the articles of impeachment not being introduced tonight? If Trump is such a danger Pelosi is calling people worried about nukes going off, why is she waiting until at least Monday to start impeachment? Is there still a chance the cabinet will invoke the 25th?

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2021 10:02 PM

Lehigh University rescinds Trump's honorary degree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2021 10:06 PM

Mike Pence is the NEW Edith Wilson!

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2021 10:08 PM

"Mr. Trump must be impeached because:

1) he retains pardon power and must be prevented from thwarting prosecutions of conspirators;

2) he attempted to destroy our democracy and must be punished for the attempt;

3) unimpeached he can run again in the future;

4) he retains benefits as a past President that should not be accorded a man who tried to destroy the republic;

5) he retains certain courtesies accorded to past Presidents that should be denied him and impeachment bolsters the case he should be shut out of those courtesies;

6) Congressional enablers must be confronted with their own complicity in the crime and force them to defend him on the floor of the House or Well of the Senate is the minimum they should face."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2021 10:08 PM

Meant post link to the Twitter thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2021 10:09 PM

Brian Sicknick's death by fire extinguisher: Irreversible.

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2021 10:13 PM

Reddit purging all Trump threads now.

by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2021 10:15 PM

JANUARY 8, 2021 PRESS RELEASE Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued this statement following a virtual meeting of the House Democratic Caucus this afternoon:

“Today, the House Democratic Caucus had an hours-long conversation that was sad, moving and patriotic. It was a conversation unlike any other, because it followed an action unlike any other.

“It is the hope of Members that the President will immediately resign. But if he does not, I have instructed the Rules Committee to be prepared to move forward with Congressman Jamie Raskin’s 25th Amendment legislation and a motion for impeachment. Accordingly, the House will preserve every option – including the 25th Amendment, a motion to impeach or a privileged resolution for impeachment.

“With great respect, our deliberations will continue.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2021 10:25 PM

R50 [bold]YES!!!!!!![/bold] Go, Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2021 10:27 PM

TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED HIM PERMANENTLY

by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2021 10:28 PM

Acosta: One has to wonder what this will do to the president’s State of mind.

by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2021 10:29 PM

He's off to Parler, well unless Apple Store or Google Play removes it for no moderation policy in place

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2021 10:30 PM

Twitter needs to kick Eric and Don Jr off as well. They're as bad as Donald.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2021 10:31 PM

And the bitch daughters.

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote] TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED HIM PERMANENTLY

Somebody should tweet this gif to Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2021 10:35 PM

Bwahahaha. How long until his head explodes?

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2021 10:35 PM

He will be dead soon anyway. Going out a hated loser.

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote] Somebody should tweet this gif to Trump!

Honey, I know it’s exciting, but he’s been suspended. So how would you tweet it to him?

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2021 10:37 PM

Maybe I’m stupid, but can’t he just make a new account? Different username, won’t get verified, but still? How do they ensure that doesn’t happen? I apologize in advance for my ignorance and stupidity...

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2021 10:38 PM

They only did it because their stock fell by 1.8% yesterday. Facebook's stock went up after it banned Trump.

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2021 10:40 PM

I feel sorry for Baron tonight. And the staff. What a night to be within 50 feet of that psycho.

Vairst Letty... you make your bed.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2021 10:40 PM

The chinless wonder responds:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote] Vairst Letty... you make your bed.

So many men's bed. Which one I make?

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2021 10:42 PM

R61 A new account wouldn’t have 88 million followers. He’s a narcissist sociopath, he feeds on attention and mass validation.

by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2021 10:44 PM

R66 good point, I didn’t think of that. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2021 10:45 PM

[quote] Somebody should tweet this gif to Trump!

[quote]Honey, I know it’s exciting, but he’s been suspended. So how would you tweet it to him?

😂🤣😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2021 10:46 PM

The ultimate manifestation of cancel culture.

I finally understand the importance.

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2021 10:48 PM

Damn. I started my first ever Twitter account just to report that Jason Miller tweet at r64.

by Anonymousreply 70January 8, 2021 10:49 PM

OK, so pretty sure this definitely means no Infrastructure Week.

by Anonymousreply 71January 8, 2021 10:50 PM

I think he will resign.

by Anonymousreply 72January 8, 2021 10:51 PM

He is going down slowly.

by Anonymousreply 73January 8, 2021 10:53 PM

Sadly true r71.

by Anonymousreply 74January 8, 2021 10:53 PM

He must crazed right now. Everything but the kitchen sink flying at him. Ladyg, Twitter, Pence and latest is Mnuchin involved in 25th discussions.

by Anonymousreply 75January 8, 2021 10:55 PM

“ If Trump can’t be trusted to tweet, can he be trusted with the nuclear codes? Just asking for 7 billion friends.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 8, 2021 11:00 PM

Back to the insurrection— What was Trump doing (besides watching TV) while the MAGA mob was storming the Capitol? He was on the phone, calling Senators demanding their support. WHILE they were on lockdown.

Oh and misdialing too, dialed Sen. Lee thinking it was Tuberville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 8, 2021 11:14 PM

Primila jayapal just said on joy Reid that she believes that the White House and perhaps members of congress coordinated with the terrorists and told them exactly where to go

by Anonymousreply 78January 8, 2021 11:15 PM

Wow. Jayapal just said she doesn’t feel safe in the capitol because she can’t trust that there arent members in the capitol police who aren’t there to protect members of congress

by Anonymousreply 79January 8, 2021 11:20 PM

I’m hearing this on TYT and searching for more info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2021 11:20 PM

Nancy Pelosi, the most senior Democrat in US Congress, sought assurances from the Joint Chiefs of Staff that Donald Trump would be unable to access the country's nuclear codes in his remaining time in office.

The House Speaker said she had spoken with the country's top general, Mark Milley, to discuss "available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 8, 2021 11:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2021 11:22 PM

r46 Impeachment doesn't prevent any of those things. He has already been impeached.

Please stop saying "impeachment" when you mean conviction/removal from office.

by Anonymousreply 83January 8, 2021 11:27 PM

Please pay attention to this statement, everyone — just issued by Twitter executives: “Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 8, 2021 11:30 PM

AND what is HE going on about...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 8, 2021 11:32 PM

The draft article of impeachment--just one, Incitement of Insurrection--is available at CNN.

They can now amend the statement about how the crowd he incited "injured law enforcement personnel" to "murdered law enforcement personnel."

by Anonymousreply 86January 8, 2021 11:39 PM

Damn. Maybe we really will see Trump hanged for treason.

by Anonymousreply 87January 8, 2021 11:43 PM

Why are Trump supporters using Laura Branigan's Gloria song as a rallying cry? It's just so random.

Do you think Laura was a Trump supporter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 8, 2021 11:44 PM

So, now when someone post a duplicate thread without even obviously trying to search, as in trumps Twitter feed suspended, can we now say 0P is worse than Trump instead of OP is worse than Hitler?

by Anonymousreply 89January 8, 2021 11:44 PM

R88 Did you not see this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 8, 2021 11:47 PM

If Trump is hanged for treason, can we ask him if he wants bowels in or out first?

by Anonymousreply 91January 8, 2021 11:47 PM

In the past hour:

- Michael Flynn banned from Twitter

- Sidney Powell banned from Twitter

- Donald Trump banned from Twitter

- Parler given 24 hour ultimatum from App Store

- House to introduce impeachment resolution on Monday

- Pelosi told generals to hide nukes

by Anonymousreply 92January 8, 2021 11:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 9, 2021 12:04 AM

Parler now removed from Google Play store

by Anonymousreply 94January 9, 2021 12:04 AM

So I don’t want to get all hold me, David but there has been a lot of shit happen in the last three hours.

Am I tin hatting or is there a chance that like the FBI or somebody is talking to these platforms and saying there’s a storm coming and you don’t need to help facilitate it. Or am I just Marying?

by Anonymousreply 95January 9, 2021 12:12 AM

Jim Acosta just said on CNN that taking Twitter away from Trump was emasculating. If he isn’t gay, he should be honorary gay, because that was a bitch slap worthy of Alexis Carrington Colby

by Anonymousreply 96January 9, 2021 12:15 AM

R95 I have no idea but after what’s gone down in the last 48+ hours, I won’t call you Mary either.

by Anonymousreply 97January 9, 2021 12:16 AM

Dumb question, but does that remove Parler from phones that have it downloaded or just doesn't allow new people to download it?

by Anonymousreply 98January 9, 2021 12:16 AM

“Death has come to your little town, Sheriff. You can either ignore it or help to stop it.”

by Anonymousreply 99January 9, 2021 12:19 AM

I was about to ask the same question r98

by Anonymousreply 100January 9, 2021 12:26 AM

R98, no once it's off the app store, the app won't work even if it's already installed.

by Anonymousreply 101January 9, 2021 12:28 AM

Thanks r101

by Anonymousreply 102January 9, 2021 12:28 AM

So they have changed it since Angry Bird then? Good.

by Anonymousreply 103January 9, 2021 12:29 AM

The next week and a half will be intense.

by Anonymousreply 104January 9, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote] Maybe I’m stupid, but can’t he just make a new account?

Yes, he can. But the minute it gets any attention it will be shut down. Why get a new Twitter account if he can’t get the attention he needs like you need oxygen?

by Anonymousreply 105January 9, 2021 12:36 AM

r95 I'm starting to wonder if his last Tweet about not being at the inauguration gave the Proud Boys the go ahead to plant bombs or something. All the social media platforms are acting tonight.

by Anonymousreply 106January 9, 2021 12:37 AM

Does anyone feel bad for Pelosi and Pence who were apparently (some sources say just Pence) being held very close to the mob when that woman got shot. SS blowing someone's head off to protect you, then you have to carry on your job as normal. That's heavy stuff. In another job you'd be offered PTO and counselling!

by Anonymousreply 107January 9, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote] once it's off the app store, the app won't work even if it's already installed.

Are you sure about that? I have an older-model iPad with some old apps that have been discontinued and are no longer available on the app store. I obviously can't update or re-download the apps, and I can't transfer them to another device, but they still work, and I still use them.

by Anonymousreply 108January 9, 2021 12:38 AM

R106 That’s a scary and hopefully not prescient thought.

by Anonymousreply 109January 9, 2021 12:39 AM

From the BANNED thread:

[quote] Anderson Cooper just reported that Trump tried to tweet from the POTUS account and they immediately took it down.

😶

He’s going to unravel further, isn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 110January 9, 2021 12:41 AM

I’m less worried about the inauguration because it’s run by all the intelligence agencies, the FBI, SS. It’s not run by the compromised capitol police. And Biden is commander in chief at 12:01 and can order a drone to take all the deplorables out in one clean swoop.

by Anonymousreply 111January 9, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote] Does anyone feel bad for Pelosi and Pence who were apparently (some sources say just Pence) being held very close to the mob

I feel bad for Pelosi in that situation, but not Pence. Pence has been complicit from Day One -- he helped enable these cretins -- and even now, with the power to invoke the 25th Amendment, he has done nothing.

by Anonymousreply 112January 9, 2021 12:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 9, 2021 12:42 AM

R108 same. And that’s why phones with Angry Bird on them sold for ridiculously high prices back then.

by Anonymousreply 114January 9, 2021 12:42 AM

Linked to thread by mistake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 9, 2021 12:42 AM

Trump Jr tweeting in rage. As did the ugly step sister. Indignance! Mendacity!

by Anonymousreply 116January 9, 2021 12:43 AM

I know this is not the most important factor of this story, but for Christ's sake, it's Capitol, not Capital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 117January 9, 2021 12:43 AM

This motherfucker is truly unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 118January 9, 2021 12:43 AM

Lol. On CNN just now they said Trump tried to tweet from the official account and Twitter wouldn’t let him.

by Anonymousreply 119January 9, 2021 12:43 AM

It was completely irresponsible at the very least and can be used by these mentally unstable violent people to justify what they want to do. We all know the power of words because we've had the bible quoted to us by people who go seeking out lines that justify the hatred they have for lesbians and gays. When you want to do something terrible you look for the go ahead and everything out of Trump this past 72 hours has been more than enough for these people to find their green light.

by Anonymousreply 120January 9, 2021 12:43 AM

You can read his now deleted tweets here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 9, 2021 12:44 AM

Something about “revoking app signing keys” will cause the app to disappear if it’s already downloaded. They can do it, don’t know if they have.

by Anonymousreply 122January 9, 2021 12:45 AM

It is scary now to realise how letting him get away with everything without consequence for 5 years lead us to the point that when he watched what was happening on TV he felt so above any consequence that he went out and called them patriots and told them he loved them. He was so emboldened from years of getting off scot free that he never imagined he would face any consequences. He was probably just warming up for more until on Jan 21 the entire city was on fire as he jetted off tweeting about his next rally to 'continue the fight' or maybe announce his 2024 run to steal the mews cycle from Joe and Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 123January 9, 2021 12:48 AM

Someone upthread mentioned something that had crossed my mind. If Dump decided to pre pardon all the rioters that are being held would he able to do it?

by Anonymousreply 124January 9, 2021 12:53 AM

R124 No.

by Anonymousreply 125January 9, 2021 12:54 AM

R124, I’ve read: no. Because the parameters are just too undefined. Anyone caught inside the Capitol? Anyone on the grounds?

by Anonymousreply 126January 9, 2021 12:56 AM

In the past few hours:

- Michael Flynn banned from Twitter

- Sidney Powell banned from Twitter

- Donald Trump banned from Twitter

- Parler given 24 hour ultimatum from App Store

- House to introduce impeachment resolution on Monday

- Pelosi told generals to hide nukes

- Trump tweets from @POTUS and Twitter deletes tweets

by Anonymousreply 127January 9, 2021 12:56 AM

Million martyr March being planned for Jan 20 on Parker which is why it was shut down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 9, 2021 1:16 AM

Carter pardoned all the draft dodgers. That was pretty nebulous. Trump could try to pardon them. I guarantee the dumb fuck asked if he could just pardon everyone for everything.

That video on Don Jr's account is disgusting. They are partying and laughing while the Capitol was under attack. They should all be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 129January 9, 2021 1:17 AM

*parler

by Anonymousreply 130January 9, 2021 1:17 AM

R128, I hope they all martyr themselves at home. Traitorous bastards.

by Anonymousreply 131January 9, 2021 1:18 AM

Mitch says impeachment trial would not begin until the senate is back in session on the 19th

by Anonymousreply 132January 9, 2021 1:21 AM

Stay Mitch, Mitch. What a fucker. Let's throw him to the MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 133January 9, 2021 1:22 AM

Your're fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 9, 2021 1:27 AM

I guess getting dragged out of the Capitol building by his jowls wasn't enough for this bitch.

What a loser. I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 135January 9, 2021 1:27 AM

He’s tweeting from @TeamTrump now. This man is incapable of stopping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 9, 2021 1:31 AM

Question:

At this late date what would be the difference of impeaching before or after the Inauguration? Won't it have all the same outcome either way?

by Anonymousreply 137January 9, 2021 1:33 AM

Will Dump become a regular guest on Fox now? I'll be curious to see if that happens.

by Anonymousreply 138January 9, 2021 1:37 AM

Fox News turned on him after the election. Of course, he has the attention span of a gnat so he may have forgotten that he hates them.

by Anonymousreply 139January 9, 2021 1:43 AM

Teamtrump suspended

by Anonymousreply 140January 9, 2021 1:44 AM

It's fascinating to me what these guttersnipes really thought would happen if they trashed federal property and just went into the capital and stopped the vote certification. Did they really believe they were protected by the First Amendment? Protected by Trump? How else would it end for the guy in Nancy's office? Did he think he could do all that and there was not consequences? It's unbelievably insane.

by Anonymousreply 141January 9, 2021 1:46 AM

From another poster in Part 2:

Ron Watkins and Jim Watkins, the father and son who are allegedly Q, we’re also banned from Twitter.

All this suggests there’s going to be another attack and they’re trying to button it down.

by Anonymousreply 142January 9, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote] All this suggests there’s going to be another attack and they’re trying to button it down.

Exactly. All of these takedowns within the past couple of hours are an ominous sign that something bad is afoot and they're trying to do everything they can to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 143January 9, 2021 1:50 AM

What about 4chan, Whatsapp and places like that? It's trying to stamp out embers when a forest fire is raging, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 144January 9, 2021 1:52 AM

Those of you with Twitter & YouTube accounts keep commenting there. GOP is only being temporarily acquiescent. As soon as the heat dies down they’ll be back suborning insurrection. Keep the disgust at Trump, his family, his enablers & GOP going. .

by Anonymousreply 145January 9, 2021 1:53 AM

Trump has cursed Fox News and rebuked them, like he does everyone eventually. Doesn't he pretty much never look back once you are dead to him?

by Anonymousreply 146January 9, 2021 1:53 AM

They expected to take over the government and be rewarded by their orange King, R141.

by Anonymousreply 147January 9, 2021 1:53 AM

Keep posting on SM & equating GOP with Trump, insurrection, civil war & terrorism that killed a cop. Don’t stop. Never let them walk away from their enabling of Trump, or with rightwing, confederate propaganda & with false medical information that has killed hundreds of thousands of people. Don’t let them walk away from what they wrought just because they failed. They’ll keep regrouping, rebranding & coming back at us. Stay on the offensive.

by Anonymousreply 148January 9, 2021 1:59 AM

I wondered why Trump, Giuliani, Cruz and Hawley sought a “10 day delay” for a voter fraud review. From the Congressionally set January 6th to January 16th: an innocuous date. Ten days is common legislative parlance.

It turns out, according to CNN, that behind the scenes tRump and Giuliani were angling to add just enough reviewed states so that, at 3 hours per review, the ten days would start on January 7th and the results of whether Trump Won or Lost would be announced on January 17th. The date of the next MAGA incursion.

(See R84 above)

by Anonymousreply 149January 9, 2021 2:10 AM

R149 insane

by Anonymousreply 150January 9, 2021 2:12 AM

Can you imagine the screaming?

LOL! I hope he's screaming so loud the media can pick it up outside on the street.

I hope he knows the whole world is laughing at him and calling him a "loser".

by Anonymousreply 151January 9, 2021 2:29 AM

R142 twitter said in its statement that Trump is banned because there’s already planning of events on the 17th and the 20th

They’re definitely planning something, but they will be met with much more force this time.

by Anonymousreply 152January 9, 2021 2:32 AM

This is very scary. We have a POTUS who is truly unhinged, didn't care if Congress was taken hostage and killed, was on the phones with Republican Senators while his followers were storming the Capitol and didn't call the National Guard?

When will the military revolt and take this unhinged man out of the WH? He is willing to commit murder to stay in power! Forget about rules and procedures, this man is EXTREMELY dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 153January 9, 2021 2:35 AM

These deplorable shithead Republicans in Congress trying to downplay this or who are still defending the fat orange turd---do they not get that he threw them all under the bus???? That mob would not have differentiated who was a Democrat and who was a Republican. It could happen again and then what? They'll lie and say it was Antifa? Is the power of being in Congress that seductive that you have no morals or sense of right and wrong? Or are all of these Republicans just truly evil shitheads like their orange leader? I think I know the answer.

by Anonymousreply 154January 9, 2021 2:43 AM

They showed the video of the shooting on MSNBC tonight. Also a video of them chanting 'hang Mike Pence' and one of them attacking an officer

by Anonymousreply 155January 9, 2021 2:50 AM

R155, I just saw that video and it terrified me. And then people just walking casually around the Capitol and officers not doing anything which means this was definitely an inside job.

This makes me scared for Biden. There may be MAGAS inside law enforcement or the Feds and no one is safe.

by Anonymousreply 156January 9, 2021 2:53 AM

I really think they should hold the inauguration in a secret location, closed to everyone but necessary people, family, and the former presidents. And, like change the location, or put out a fake location and then do it somewhere else. And sure, televise it. But keep it very private and secret.

by Anonymousreply 157January 9, 2021 3:04 AM

Wait, what am I saying. If they televise it, it could become obvious where it is being televised from, unless they do it in a really random hotel room or something. Ugh. I give up.

Wait, no! I've got it: they should hold the inauguration at the Four Seasons Total Landscaping.

by Anonymousreply 158January 9, 2021 3:06 AM

No, the real Four Seasons. Just to needle Trump.

by Anonymousreply 159January 9, 2021 3:15 AM

R159 You are brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 160January 9, 2021 3:17 AM

Mitch now saying the earliest the Senate could start an impeachment trial is January 19, unless all 100 Senators agree to come back early from recess.

by Anonymousreply 161January 9, 2021 3:17 AM

Great we will have the majority then.

by Anonymousreply 162January 9, 2021 3:19 AM

Hotels in the DC area for inauguration week are a minimum of $300 a night, and that’s for places like the quality inn in the ghetto. Those deplorables won’t be able to afford to be in DC. Not to mention the inauguration is a serious, serious security situation.

by Anonymousreply 163January 9, 2021 3:23 AM

Mitch is being a coward and an asshole again, his last vestige of power.

by Anonymousreply 164January 9, 2021 3:28 AM

Why is Trump going to Camp David? Last opportunity to steal the silver?

by Anonymousreply 165January 9, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote] They showed the video of the shooting on MSNBC tonight. Also a video of them chanting 'hang Mike Pence' and one of them attacking an officer

Finally!

by Anonymousreply 166January 9, 2021 3:59 AM

[quote]Lol. On CNN just now they said Trump tried to tweet from the official account and Twitter wouldn’t let him.

So I assume they'll shut the official account down until the 20th when it's turned over to Biden?

by Anonymousreply 167January 9, 2021 4:10 AM

Poll Troll was kind enough to share in Part 2:

Support for Trump supporters breaking into the US Capitol via new PBS/Marist poll:

All Americans:

8% support

88% oppose

Republicans:

18% support

80% oppose

Democrats:

3% support

96% oppose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 9, 2021 4:13 AM

This is a very dangerous time. I hope Biden changes his plans about the Inauguration and does it from a secret location and makes it virtual. Anywhere but Washington DC. They're planning something else.

by Anonymousreply 169January 9, 2021 4:40 AM

TIME: How Trump's effort to steal the election tore apart the GOP — and the country

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 9, 2021 4:45 AM

Now when is dish, time warner, Comcast, direct TV going to pull fux and oann?

Because these assholes are still lying and encouraging violence.

When will THEY get cunt punted?

by Anonymousreply 171January 9, 2021 5:21 AM

R163, there was a MAGAt named Tayler who was near Ashli Babbit when she was shot, and he gave an interview later that day from a hotel suite in the Willard, which is hella expensive.

Some of these guys CAN afford to be in DC for the weekend. The question is: who's funding them?

by Anonymousreply 172January 9, 2021 5:34 AM

I really think Rudy, Mimi Brooks, Don Jr., Neadows, etc should be in jail. They will figure out soon enough that invading the capitol building was a plan that was highly coordinated with the WH and other Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 173January 9, 2021 5:38 AM

I bet it's Rebecca Mercer

by Anonymousreply 174January 9, 2021 5:38 AM

Mo Brooks and Mark Meadows- should be in jail

by Anonymousreply 175January 9, 2021 5:39 AM

Where will COVID MAGAtitties and COVID Whore Hicks wing up?

by Anonymousreply 176January 9, 2021 6:03 AM

R176 😂

by Anonymousreply 177January 9, 2021 6:05 AM

Goodbye Twitter trending...

My favorite response:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 9, 2021 6:25 AM

Why is Sund, the Sergent at Arms, delaying his resignation until January 16th, the day before what Twitter reports is the next MAGA riot (January 17th)?

That makes the 17th his replacement’s first day on the new job.

Nancy, Mitch and Schumer should fire his ass TODAY!

by Anonymousreply 179January 9, 2021 7:55 AM

Trump Was 'Delighted' His Supporters Stormed The Capitol, Says GOP Sen. Ben Sasse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 9, 2021 8:15 AM

[quote] Amid mounting calls that he be removed from office, Trump on Thursday finally said in a video statement said he was committed to a smooth transition, and denounced the violence. [bold]But the president later expressed regret about his comments about a peaceful transition of power and condemning the violence, sources told The New York Times.[/bold]

I have a feeling he won't go out peacefully.

by Anonymousreply 181January 9, 2021 9:26 AM

Hawley, Cruz and the others need to be rejected and barred from ever holding public office again.

Why is nothing being done?

by Anonymousreply 182January 9, 2021 9:34 AM

Majority favour immediate removal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 9, 2021 12:23 PM

"At the White House, Mr. Trump struck a defiant tone, insisting that he would remain a potent force in American politics as aides and allies abandoned him and his post-presidential prospects turned increasingly bleak.

Behind closed doors, he made clear that he would not resign and expressed regret about releasing a video on Thursday committing to a peaceful transition of power and condemning the violence at the Capitol that he had egged on a day before."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 9, 2021 12:32 PM

It’s gonna be a long twelve days.

by Anonymousreply 185January 9, 2021 12:35 PM

R183 - only 57%. That's quite depressing. It should be 70% or 75%

by Anonymousreply 186January 9, 2021 12:36 PM

This is a stupid, stupid man. He won't resign, he's gonna lose his Secret Service detail, then he's gonna start selling state secrets to pay off his $1.5B in debt and get his ass shot for it.

by Anonymousreply 187January 9, 2021 12:39 PM

R186…agreed. And the Republican name numbers abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 188January 9, 2021 12:41 PM

I'm surprised Ivanka, Jared and his other lowlife children haven't tried to convince him that his actions are damaging his "brand". Appeal to his greedy side by telling him he'll lose millions in endorsements if he doesn't stop the madness. Of course, they may all be so far gone that they think the Insurrection was a wonderful thing.

by Anonymousreply 189January 9, 2021 12:46 PM

If anybody ever thinks Lindsey Graham is on the right side again… Last night on Hannity… Just saw something on Twitter… Using his sad regret voice he says Biden has to call Pelosi and the squad and call off the second impeachment.

That partisan little fuck.

by Anonymousreply 190January 9, 2021 12:48 PM

R189 I agree, Ivanka is hoping for to run for office, supporting this insurrection is not going to work for her. Jr has embraced the deplorables so that’s his path going forward. I’m sure his first wife is so glad to be done with him, I feel bad for his kids. Eric Trump not worth typing about.

by Anonymousreply 191January 9, 2021 1:01 PM

5 DEAD because of incitement.

How many more would have had to die to push McConnell to impeach immediately? What is the tipping point?

by Anonymousreply 192January 9, 2021 2:50 PM

Trump is looking forward to holding his own diversion from the inauguration. I also believe he will do whatever he can to disrupt a public inauguration to make sure Biden doesn’t have a bigger crowd than he did.

by Anonymousreply 193January 9, 2021 3:01 PM

Now the Senatrice wants Biden's help? That's rich. FUCK YOU with a knife you fucking self loathing closeted pansy bitch!!!!

by Anonymousreply 194January 9, 2021 3:07 PM

[quote] He won't resign, he's gonna lose his Secret Service detail, then he's gonna start selling state secrets to pay off his $1.5B in debt and get his ass shot for it.

I actually picture this as a possibility. That say something.

by Anonymousreply 195January 9, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote] If anybody ever thinks Lindsey Graham is on the right side again… Last night on Hannity… Just saw something on Twitter… Using his sad regret voice he says Biden has to call Pelosi and the squad and call off the second impeachment.

That partisan little fuck.

The word ‘faggot’ is reserved for shameful and ashamed gays like him. He’s a FAGGOT.

by Anonymousreply 196January 9, 2021 4:41 PM

FYI what impeachment AND conviction (presume soon after Biden takes office) means for 45 (other than inability to run for federal office again, clear signal that this can't happen again & removal from office is moot): No lifetime pension, Secret Service protection and annual $1M travel budget

by Anonymousreply 197January 9, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote] How many more would have had to die to push McConnell to impeach immediately? What is the tipping point?

Well he’s a Republican so they would have had to physically harm [italic]him[/italic] in some way for him to give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 198January 9, 2021 5:09 PM

Hell, I just assumed he has already given Putin everything. Some say he is very afraid of being poisoned. That is supposedly why he always eats fast food because he can not be poisoned so easily. I have no idea if this is true.

by Anonymousreply 199January 9, 2021 5:20 PM

Parler users are still able to access the app through alternate means. Not sure is that is a surprise or not but I thought I’d post it.

by Anonymousreply 200January 9, 2021 5:23 PM

R200, not for long. And if some still are it will jailbreak way. Anyway Apple hasn't officially banned it yet but that's a matter of days. Once that hammer drops it's over.

Also I think keeping the most hardcore ones conspiring on that app might be a good use for FBI.

by Anonymousreply 201January 9, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote] Some say he is very afraid of being poisoned. That is supposedly why he always eats fast food because he can not be poisoned so easily.

What a sad, fear-driven life he lives.

by Anonymousreply 202January 9, 2021 5:36 PM

Per WaPo: Trump pushed a top GA investigator to "find the fraud."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 9, 2021 5:42 PM

If you look at that disgusting 'Gloria' video again, they are all looking at large video screens of the crowd in front of his rally stage, and then Jr. says to the camera at the end "ok, it's time to go. things are starting now." He meant that it's time to get up on stage and start the rally.

I loathe this scum, but that video was pre-rally, long before the riots at the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 204January 9, 2021 7:26 PM

[quote] Some say he is very afraid of being poisoned. That is supposedly why he always eats fast food because he can not be poisoned so easily.

He's obviously never eaten at Chipotle.

by Anonymousreply 205January 9, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote]He won't resign, he's gonna lose his Secret Service detail, then he's gonna start selling state secrets to pay off his $1.5B in debt and get his ass shot for it.

Does he have them written down in crayon somewhere? Would he even know a state secret if it was literally labeled 'state secret'? Do you think he memorized them? He doesn't know shit. What's he going to tell them?

"Psst. Come here, I got some good stuff for ya, Boris. There's this room. Important stuff in that room. The most important stuff. Beautiful important stuff. Now, listen close...the room? Are you listening? Okay, the room...it's oval-shaped!! Can I have my money now?"

by Anonymousreply 206January 9, 2021 7:37 PM

Less than 250 HOURS to go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 9, 2021 7:39 PM

Kirstie Alley makes her opinion known!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 9, 2021 7:41 PM

Twitter refusing to serve people who violate its terms and conditions? Slavery! A bakery refusing to serve people the owner thinks are icky? Freedom!

by Anonymousreply 209January 9, 2021 7:54 PM

Jesus @ R208.

by Anonymousreply 210January 9, 2021 8:07 PM

R207 Oh yeah?! SEZ YOU!

by Anonymousreply 211January 9, 2021 8:42 PM

Just wait for it... there will be more and more GOP Senators who come out in favor of impeaching trump.

It's tough to defend insurrection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 9, 2021 8:44 PM

[bold]New York Magazine - Senior Trump Official: We Were Wrong, He’s a ‘Fascist’[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 9, 2021 8:45 PM

New York Magazine article text:

On Friday afternoon, 48 hours after the U.S. Capitol was stormed by violent insurrectionists encouraged by Donald Trump in an attempt to overthrow the government in protest of his election loss, a senior member of his administration spoke to me while he was driving to work.

“This is confirmation of so much that everyone has said for years now — things that a lot of us thought were hyperbolic. We’d say, ‘Trump’s not a fascist,’ or ‘He’s not a wannabe dictator.’ Now, it’s like, ‘Well, what do you even say in response to that now?’”

For four years, people like this official — lifelong Republican operatives — have convinced themselves that Trump’s obvious faults were worth tolerating if it meant implementing a conservative policy agenda. These officials believed the benefits of remaking the courts with conservative justices, or passing tax reform, outweighed the risks that a Trump presidency posed to democracy and to the reputation of the country in the world. Now, at the 11th hour, with 12 days left before Joe Biden is sworn into office, it’s clear to some that it was always a delusion.

“This is like a plot straight out of the later, sucky seasons of House of Cards where they just go full evil and say, ‘Let’s spark mass protests and start wars and whatever,’” the senior administration official said.

“I went through Access Hollywood, Charlottesville — all of these insane things. There’s some degree of growing accustomed to the craziness. It’s not like my heart is racing, like, Oh God, how am I supposed to react to this? It’s just more that I’m depressed. For people who devoted years of their lives to dealing with the insanity in an attempt to advance a policy agenda that you believe in, all of that has been wiped out. The legacy of the Trump administration is going to be that the president sparked an insurrection and people died because he tried his best to not abide by the Constitution and the tradition of a peaceful transition of power that’s been the norm since our founding. Nothing else is even going to be a side note.”

Trump’s world has grown ever smaller as the damage he inflicts on the United States continues to swell. Wednesday’s attack on the Capitol, which left five dead, including a police officer, prompted resignations in the administration and calls for Trump to do the same and threats — from Democratic and Republican lawmakers — of a second impeachment as well as vaguer discussions about the 25th Amendment. Trump is an increasingly symbolic figure — Norma Desmond with the nuclear codes and sycophantic butlers in his ears on a West Wing Sunset Boulevard soundstage. With no power left to grab, many staffers spent the weeks following November 3 making themselves scarce, plotting their post-White House careers, avoiding the president’s calls.

by Anonymousreply 214January 9, 2021 8:47 PM

But many others are keeping their heads down and keeping their jobs, citing, among other self-serving interests, a desire to remain on their health-care plans, according to my interviews with staffers. Others justify their continued employment by citing the demands of the continuity of government.

“There’s not a single person I have talked to at any level, from 23-year-old assistants to members of the Cabinet, who are not disgusted and ashamed with what has happened,” the senior administration official said, adding that the conversations among remaining officials were about how to handle the next 12 days before Joe Biden’s administration — and whether to continue to be a part of the transition of power at all. “It’s different for everybody. If you’re a regular domestic-policy staffer in the West Wing or the EEOB, the implications of you quitting are different than if you’re a senior national security official, or you’re tasked with contributing to the continuity of government.”

“We are in a terrible spot,” the official said. “You can’t just say, ‘Well, this is outrageous and I quit’ in this situation.”

Trump’s inner circle has contracted amid the self-created chaos and carnage. For this reason, resignations have not had much of an effect on him directly. “He may not even notice,” one adviser said. “People aren’t around to begin with. There aren’t policy meetings with the president and eight or ten people in there anymore.”

Advisers have expressed concern and anger over Mark Meadows, the chief of staff, whose actions have been perceived as an effort to secure employment with Trump in his post-presidency, perhaps at the Trump Organization. “Jared has been telling people, ‘Don’t even deal with him anymore,’” one adviser said. “Mark’s responsible for bringing kook after crazy after conniver after Rudy into the West Wing.” (“This is completely false,” Avi Berkowitz, Jared Kushner’s spokesman, said in a tweet responding to this article, “Jared has never said that.”) A former senior White House official said, “Morale plummeted under him, huge mistakes were made — and now he’s scrambling to stick around after. He’s a dishonest asshole who pretends to be this religious Southern gentleman. Fuck that.”

The senior administration official put it this way: “The only way it gets to this point are a thousand really bad small decisions. The first time Sidney Powell calls the White House switchboard and is allowed to speak to the president, the next thing you know she and others are in the West Wing — these are areas where the chief of staff has unilateral authority to do what he wants to do.” Instead, the official said, Meadows tells Trump what he wants to hear, and often calls whomever Trump has directed him to call, repeats what Trump told him to say, and then apologizes, explaining that he just needs to be able to tell the boss that he followed his orders.

Meanwhile, the yes-men are countered mostly by the lawyers, who have tried to convey to Trump that he has put himself at risk of prosecution, not just by inciting Wednesday’s riot — for which the Justice Department is reportedly open to pursuing charges — but for his phone call to Georgia election officials, in which he attempted to pressure them to overturn the results, as well as in the many ongoing investigations related to his businesses and finances.

by Anonymousreply 215January 9, 2021 8:48 PM

“It’s a lot to adjust to. If you think you’re going to be there for four more years, it’s a bit jarring,” the adviser said. “The smart lawyers have gotten to him. It’s all hit him since yesterday: You may have legal exposure from yesterday. You definitely have legal exposure from other things. You have less than two weeks to remain ensconced in here with executive privilege.”

This adviser, who spoke to Trump on Wednesday amid the siege, said Trump watched the events on television intently. CNN reported that he was so excited by the action, it “freaked out” some staffers around him. The adviser told me that Trump expressed disgust on aesthetic grounds over how “low class” his supporters looked. “He doesn’t like low-class things,” the adviser said, explaining that Trump had a similar reaction over the summer to a video of Brad Parscale, his former campaign manager, shirtless and drinking a beer in his driveway during a mental-health emergency in which police tackled him and seized his weapons. “He kept mentioning, ‘Oh, did you see him in his beer shirt?’ He was annoyed. To him, it’s just low class, in other words.”

The adviser said that Trump recently offered them a pardon, although they have not been charged with any crime. The adviser “politely declined.” Others are taking Trump’s pardon offers more seriously, whether they’ve been investigated or are at risk of jail time or not. “He’s just talking up a storm about giving pardons to allies: his kids, and their significant others, and staffers. He’s pretty generous with the offers. When you’re offered one, it’s like, Should I take it? Is it like insurance?”

One person close to Trump’s legal team told me that the lawyers have struggled to get his attention. “He’s sort of turning on everybody. The president is so visceral, he just can’t hear people unless he can respect them. And he thinks everybody’s a traitor, even the people who got him through impeachment. It’s just nuts.”

by Anonymousreply 216January 9, 2021 8:49 PM

[quote] “The legacy of the Trump administration is going to be that the president sparked an insurrection and people died.”

Last week: The legacy of the Trump administration is that the president ignored a global pandemic, and people died.

This week: The legacy of the Trump administration is that the president sparked an insurrection and people died.

What fresh hell of a legacy will next week bring?

by Anonymousreply 217January 9, 2021 8:51 PM

R217 😂

by Anonymousreply 218January 9, 2021 8:54 PM

[quote] “There’s not a single person I have talked to at any level, from 23-year-old assistants to members of the Cabinet, who are not disgusted and ashamed with what has happened,”

Oh, please. Someone should put out an Amber Alert for these fools' balls, because they've been missing for the last four years.

by Anonymousreply 219January 9, 2021 8:54 PM

He has never been held accountable for his life of crime and abuse. He never will be.

by Anonymousreply 220January 9, 2021 8:55 PM

CNN's Anna Cabrera:

GOP Sen. Pat Toomey says "I do think the president committed an impeachable offense"

by Anonymousreply 221January 9, 2021 8:57 PM

Trump considering the dream of Giuliani and Alan Dershowitz for his impeachment defense 😂

Alan must have done something REAL bad...his reputation is already destroyed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 9, 2021 8:59 PM

WSJ: White House officials pushed a top federal prosecutor to resign before Georgia’s runoffs because President Trump was upset he wasn’t doing enough to investigate his baseless allegations of election fraud.

by Anonymousreply 223January 9, 2021 9:00 PM

Yeah well. Connect the dots with what we already know. ABC News reported that WH Staff and Trump's campaign staff aided in the planning and the orchestration of his coup. Yes. And the Republican National Committee and various state Republican parties. A group of Republican Attorneys General participated came to D.C. marched and invaded the capitol and participated. Rumor has it several members of the House 3 so far, also helped along with their staff in terms of how to get in and get around. This is Sedition, Treason, and Conspiracy. Think about it. Trump incited violence and off duty cops and other paid actors helped incite vandalism and violence this summer. It was for more than a photo op. Do you think all those generals and Secs of Defense would have spoken out and blocked him? He intended to do something more elaborate than what we saw. He intended to use our military until they told him it would not happen. So Barr resigns. Then you get Trump firing all these key people and hiring assholes at the Defense department. He has that Proud Boys guy visit the White House the weekend the fuckers marched and burned a Black Church. I'm telling you this was a well financed well organized deliberate insurrection and he had a lot of help planning it.

by Anonymousreply 224January 9, 2021 9:20 PM

Bloomberg News' Jennifer Jacobs:

NEWS: A group of US House GOPers who voted to accept Biden’s Electoral College victory are asking Biden to persuade Pelosi to back off impeaching Trump for Capitol riot.

@RepKenBuck and others warn in letter it would inflame Trump supporters, damage efforts to unify country.

(Apparently, their efforts to disenfranchise Biden voters were not damaging efforts to unify country.)

by Anonymousreply 225January 9, 2021 9:45 PM

CNN's Jeremy Diamond:

Trump "is preparing to lean into his fight with Twitter and other social media platforms this week, a Trump adviser said," using his deplatforming "to shift the narrative away from the insurrection on Capitol Hill earlier in the week."

A reminder to the media: you don't have to fall for Trump's ploy.

by Anonymousreply 226January 9, 2021 9:47 PM

[quote] A group of US House GOPers who voted to accept Biden’s Electoral College victory are asking Biden to persuade Pelosi

Fuck those traitors. They're not in any position to be making pleas and demands. They should be on their hands and knees asking for forgiveness.

by Anonymousreply 227January 9, 2021 9:55 PM

Chief Content Officer of Forbes:

Sean Spicer. Kellyanne Conway. Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Stephanie Grisham. Kayleigh McEnany.

Let it be known to the business world: Hire any of Trump’s fellow fabulists above, and Forbes will assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie. We’re going to scrutinize, double-check, investigate with the same skepticism we’d approach a Trump tweet. Want to ensure the world’s biggest business media brand approaches you as a potential funnel of disinformation? Then hire away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228January 9, 2021 10:01 PM

Has COVID MAGAtitties weighed in on her culpability in all this pushing her lies, tragic head and Bug's Life eyes on us daily??

by Anonymousreply 229January 9, 2021 10:16 PM

R228 That is truly an incredible posting by Forbes. I salute their forthrightness.

by Anonymousreply 230January 9, 2021 10:20 PM

R213 and R228 Both eye opening pieces.

[quote]The legacy of the Trump administration is going to be that the president sparked an insurrection and people died because he tried his best to not abide by the Constitution and the tradition of a peaceful transition of power that’s been the norm since our founding. Nothing else is even going to be a side note.”

History will not be kind to the Trump lackeys.

by Anonymousreply 231January 9, 2021 10:38 PM

r222 given how well Rudy handled 45's election cases, I say that's a great idea

by Anonymousreply 232January 9, 2021 10:43 PM

R232 hilarious and true

by Anonymousreply 233January 9, 2021 11:32 PM

I believe it came out during one of the Pennsylvania cases that Giuliani is no longer an active member of the District of Columbia bar (as he 'erroneously' told the PA court).

by Anonymousreply 234January 10, 2021 12:13 AM

A lot of people really thought that Trump was going to get assassinated during his term. I kinda assumed he would, too. Or maybe I'm confusing "assuming" with "really really hoping."

by Anonymousreply 235January 10, 2021 12:19 AM

R172. That was that awful Tayler Hansen. He fancies himself a ‘journalist’, but his main achievement is declaring himself the founder of ‘Baby Lives Matter’

Sadly, he’s a hot twink.

by Anonymousreply 236January 10, 2021 12:28 AM

Why was the op crossed out?

by Anonymousreply 237January 10, 2021 4:33 AM

i think Joe is gonna take the "I'm not getting involved" way here and he's right to continue as he has. I think understands what has to happen here and certain he's spoken with Nancy and will just let them handle it.

by Anonymousreply 238January 10, 2021 5:17 AM

Joe has looked pissed this lat week. He"s gonna stay out but he wants Trump held accountable you can tell.

by Anonymousreply 239January 10, 2021 5:40 AM

I can't find it now but earlier I saw some Repug politician say Biden had agreed that impeachment was a bad idea, and I flipped out for a second before remembering that Repugs lie like they breathe, and found that Biden had ACTUALLY said Trump was unfit and it wasn't up to him whether they impeach, it was entirely up to Congress to decide whether to impeach and convict or not. Which I 100% agree with.

Hopefully he'll just ignore the House Repug letter. God, I hate Repugs, but that letter begging Biden to step in makes me hate them even more.

by Anonymousreply 240January 10, 2021 7:02 AM

[quote]I loathe this scum, but that video was pre-rally, long before the riots at the Capitol.

It would take a lot of convincing after watching those videos to make me think they didn't know what Trump was planning in the speech he gave just moments later. The dancing, the talk of fighting, the excitement and anticipation... they knew.

Also, may I remind you that Trump had been planting the seeds of this "wild day" on the 6th through tweets and comments long before the day even came around.

by Anonymousreply 241January 10, 2021 7:05 AM

Now he’s prepping to sue Twitter and Facebook... Seriously, my brain and heart... Thankfully, I’m in good health so I can stave off an aneurysm and a heart attack.

I cannot wait until Monday, and Pelosi and Co. better not back down. He needs to be out, convicted, and forgotten. He’s a cancer and we’ve moved past the point of chemotherapy; it’s time for excision.

by Anonymousreply 242January 10, 2021 7:54 AM

I think that whole Section 230 thing, which never made any sense, was just a pretense for him to sue them, so I'm pretty sure FB and Twitter aren't shocked by this development.

Pelosi doesn't back down once she starts something big like this.

by Anonymousreply 243January 10, 2021 11:02 AM

R242 Let him sue. It'll be hilarious to watch him finish bankrupting himself completely.

by Anonymousreply 244January 10, 2021 12:30 PM

r244 But wouldn't he be using "our" money to sue these tech giants?

by Anonymousreply 245January 10, 2021 12:33 PM

R245 Would he? You may be right. I'm ignorant about these things but he's a private citizen in 10 days, and his primary Twitter account was a personal one.

by Anonymousreply 246January 10, 2021 12:37 PM

This may not be the proper thread to ask this question but has anyone seen AOC commenting on any of the chaos this past week? She's so outspoken, of course, so I'm wondering if someone asked her to keep quiet as she can be such a divisive force. I'm a big fan, btw, and would love to hear her speak out.

by Anonymousreply 247January 10, 2021 1:23 PM

She's going to be on ABC's "This Week" this morning, R247. She's also called for investigation into the police non-response and impeachment for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 248January 10, 2021 1:25 PM

HA-HA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 10, 2021 4:57 PM

[quote]Trump considering the dream of Giuliani and Alan Dershowitz for his impeachment defense.

It's like a meeting of the Old Pedophiles Club.

by Anonymousreply 250January 10, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote]I hope they all martyr themselves at home. Traitorous bastards.

Well, there's one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251January 10, 2021 6:23 PM

[quotes ]If this was an attempted coup, then it was a terribly unorganised, shoddy little attempt.

Oh, hi, I'm the Orange response to a deadly pandemic! Have we met?

by Anonymousreply 252January 10, 2021 6:24 PM

[quote]For sure many officers did their duty, but I saw with my own eyes officers helping the terrorists.

The former DC Police Chief is a CNN commentator. He talked to the current DC Police Chief. The guy who got his bashed by the terrorists in the door was a DC cop; that whole group defending the doors was. Those were not Capitol Police.

And that poor guy is going to be OK.

by Anonymousreply 253January 10, 2021 6:28 PM

Wow...this is almost proof positive of their involvement. None of these people realized it could only end badly and when it did woke up from the spell that a lost election didn't do for 70 million other people and he offed himself. It took that much. At minimum you are a treasonous bastard to your country and about to receive public shame and prison time. That had to be some of the thinking possibly.

by Anonymousreply 254January 10, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote]WSJ: White House officials pushed a top federal prosecutor to resign before Georgia’s runoffs because President Trump was upset he wasn’t doing enough to investigate his baseless allegations of election fraud.

What the ever-loving fuck? Why did that guy just say, "Oh, OK." ???

What about "I will not; the President will have to fire me if he wants me to leave this office." ?

"Oh, and my voicemail is full and I may have some sick days, vacation days, and federal holidays coming up."

"I will be submitting a resignation letter to the new President on Jan. 20, of course."

by Anonymousreply 255January 10, 2021 6:31 PM

R255 Ahem. One can only assume that "pushed a top federal prosecutor to resign," is a gentle way of saying they threatened his life. They straight up told him they would send a militia to shoot him in the head if he didn't either investigate or get the fuck out of their way.

by Anonymousreply 256January 10, 2021 10:20 PM

ps And his family, too.

by Anonymousreply 257January 10, 2021 10:21 PM

@DaveLeeFT

[quote]There hasn't been any Trump emails for more than 48 hours. Almost unheard of -- he sent 33 in the first six days of Jan; 2,500+ last year. (h/t @TrumpEmail)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258January 11, 2021 1:28 AM

R258 Cause for alarm.

by Anonymousreply 259January 11, 2021 1:31 AM

How do we keep the inauguration safe when there are sympathizers in the military and police?

by Anonymousreply 260January 11, 2021 1:36 AM

R260 I have a feeling it will be announced next week - either before or after Pelosi’s announcement - that we will be having our first isolated and virtual inauguration.

Cynically and politically speaking, it would be a brilliant move to get the point across and emphasize the severity of what just happened to us as a country.

Realistically, it’s sad but at this point necessary.

by Anonymousreply 261January 11, 2021 1:39 AM

No they must absolutely make sure that Biden is able to take the oath of office on the steps of the capitol. Needs to show the country and the world that we will not be intimidated. Him swearing in in an undisclosed location would be horrible. A display of weakness and would signal he has no confidence in American institutions.

by Anonymousreply 262January 11, 2021 1:43 AM

You do have a political AND psychological point, R262.

by Anonymousreply 263January 11, 2021 1:45 AM

Some of you need to turn MSNBC off. It’s already getting into the Russia-gate territory of conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 264January 11, 2021 1:46 AM

Think about what you know about Joe Biden. He is not going to do a "virtual" swearing in. They will find a way to do it safely.

by Anonymousreply 265January 11, 2021 1:49 AM

R264 I’m not watching nor have I watched MSNBC in years.

Oh, and by the way, what happened on the 6th was not a theory but was certainly a conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 266January 11, 2021 1:51 AM

The inauguration is a Joint Session of Congress. Everyone in that area, except for I'm guessing certain family members, should have gotten the vaccine. Covid should not be an issue. As for the other security, I am sure after last week, they are on super duper lockdown of the area. Only those who have passed every kind of background check available will be allowed anywhere near the Capitol that day.

by Anonymousreply 267January 11, 2021 1:54 AM

The inauguration is a national security event that’s planned for a year in advanced. It’s run by the secret service and aided by the FBI, CIA, national guard, the military, MPD, capitol police, and the police from Maryland and Virginia. It is not the day to fuck around and I’d imagine this year you won’t be able to get within 10 blocks of the capitol unless you have a badge

by Anonymousreply 268January 11, 2021 2:30 AM

R268 The Capitol during an electoral count ain’t chopped liver, toots.

by Anonymousreply 269January 11, 2021 2:33 AM

R269 it usually is tho. It’s usually a very unceremonious day that is finished in about an hour. there would be increased security sure, but it’s nothing like an inauguration. They plan that for a YEAR. They do tests in the soil for radiation. There’s a sniper on every roof. There’s just no comparing the two events. I know we’re all worried but try to look at the objective facts.

by Anonymousreply 270January 11, 2021 2:36 AM

[quote]I know we’re all worried but try to look at the objective facts.

Seriously, there are multiple people on DL whose sole purpose seems to be to make everyone here as terrified as possible.

There's a big difference between being worried about another attack or worse, especially on Inauguration Day, and the insistence that doom is guaranteed and we're all gonna die. Especially when they insist that without even doing a cursory check on what kind of security will be available on Inauguration Day.

by Anonymousreply 271January 11, 2021 2:40 AM

But -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 11, 2021 2:43 AM

Some relief though -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 11, 2021 2:45 AM

R272 that sounds like the plot of a bad action movie. These people live in a total fantasy.

I liked the line tho about “allowing” Biden to be inaugurated if there was a lack of participation.

by Anonymousreply 274January 11, 2021 2:58 AM

Biden is really going to have to clean house. Trump has brainwashed millions of people to be angry and entitled. I can’t stand the Trump supporters who justify the riot. They say “what else were we supposed to do?” How about admitting there was no fraud and Trump lost because he is unpopular, so you have to wait until the next election! Morons who are armed and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 275January 11, 2021 3:07 AM

R275 Not to mention the government officials, law enforcement, and military personnel he’s enlisted and who are more than on board.

by Anonymousreply 276January 11, 2021 3:09 AM

[Quote]Biden is really going to have to clean house.

More like fumigate. I'm talking about the White House 'cause its been a revolving door for super-spreader events, plus all that other vermin.

by Anonymousreply 277January 11, 2021 4:10 AM

[quote]I can’t stand the Trump supporters who justify the riot.

I can't stand Trump supporters. Period.

by Anonymousreply 278January 11, 2021 4:21 AM

[bold]PGA cancels plans to play 2022 championship at Trump golf course[/bold]

(CNN Business)The 2022 PGA Championship will not be played at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey, according to an announcement from PGA of America President Jim Richerson Sunday night.

"It has become clear that conducting the PGA Championship at Trump Bedminster would be detrimental to the PGA of America brand, it would put at risk the PGA's ability to deliver our many programs, and sustain the longevity of our mission," Richerson added in a video address. "It was a decision made to ensure that PGA of America and the PGA Professionals can continue to lead and grow our great game for decades to come." The decision came after last week's violent attack on the US Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 279January 11, 2021 4:53 AM

Watching the CNN special. OMG Is Don Jr ever not coked to the hilt??? What the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 280January 11, 2021 5:10 AM

Oh good, the NYPD is going - the only union that endorsed Trump, and whose officers on isolated occasions rallied for Trump from patrol cars.

by Anonymousreply 281January 11, 2021 5:22 AM

Alex Marquarette (however you spell it) is family right?

by Anonymousreply 282January 11, 2021 5:23 AM

[quote]Trump has brainwashed millions of people to be angry and entitled.

No, they were already there. He created an environment where they could say out loud what they were thinking, without consequence.

by Anonymousreply 283January 11, 2021 5:28 AM

Don Jr. is on a fast track to an OD.

by Anonymousreply 284January 11, 2021 5:31 AM

PUTIN has been awfully quiet

by Anonymousreply 285January 11, 2021 5:49 AM

Whenever I'm full of despair and feel that all hope is lost, someone like R284 comes along and gives words of encouragement that tell me "Everything's going to be OK."

by Anonymousreply 286January 11, 2021 5:55 AM

[quote]PUTIN has been awfully quiet

What does he need to say? His work here is being done quite effectively.

by Anonymousreply 287January 11, 2021 9:14 AM

R285 he's standing back and standing by like the proud boys. I refuse to capitalise their name.

by Anonymousreply 288January 11, 2021 10:54 AM

Ins Erect is bad. Also, former suckup is mean to mee on Daily Best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 11, 2021 11:59 AM

How Trump led Republicans to historic losses

by Harry Enten, CNN

Sun January 10, 2021

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290January 11, 2021 12:05 PM

Dump is dunzo but . . . thankful for him because I've never been more political involved and he's such a low point for Repugs & his enablers that Dems can hopefully run on this for years 🤞

by Anonymousreply 291January 11, 2021 12:14 PM

[quote] Oh good, the NYPD is going - the only union that endorsed Trump

Yeah, R281...

I’m [italic]bathed[/italic] in relief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 11, 2021 2:39 PM

JFC.

Reuters: U.S. HOUSE REPUBLICANS OBJECT TO DEMOCRATS' REQUEST TO BRING UP 25TH AMENDMENT RESOLUTION AGAINST TRUMP, BLOCKING IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 11, 2021 3:19 PM

There’s already a thread about this but this is too crazy not to post here: a new video from Trump on Parker.

[quote]You end one chapter but you are about to begin the greatest adventure of your life.

The wording. He is calling the coup he is orchestrating and asking citizens to join “the greatest adventure” of their lives.

He uses religious rhetoric - “evil”; “we are protected by God”; the Our Lord’s Prayer (fuck!) - to further manipulate and stirrup emotions...

I just got fucking chills. He needs to be taken down in one way or another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 11, 2021 3:39 PM

That shit is crazy!

by Anonymousreply 295January 11, 2021 3:44 PM

A transcript of the new ad:

[bold]The time for excuses is over. Now is the time for strength. If you want peace, you must stand strong at all times. The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action. Today you end one chapter but you are about to begin the greatest adventure of your life. January 20 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. If the righteous men do not confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph. You came by the tens of millions to become part of an historic movement the likes of which the world has never seen before. Now we are calling for a great reawakening. When decent people in nations become bystanders history the forces of destruction only gather power and strength. This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.Do not underestimate us. Do not try us. This will be a fatal miscalculation. It’s not which party controls our government but whether our government is controlled by the people. There should be no fear; we are protected. We are protected by God. I know that each of you will be a warrior for the truth; will be a warrior for our country and for your family. I know that each of you will do what is right, not what is easier. Our answer will be a rebirth of devotion to defeat the enemies of humanity. This is a very different administration than the United States has had in the past.[/bold]

[italic]The Lord’s Prayer plays.[/italic]

Pay careful attention to the wording he uses. He is calling the coup he is orchestrating and asking citizens to join “the greatest adventure” of their lives.

He uses religious rhetoric - “evil”; “we are protected by God”; the Our Lord’s Prayer - to further manipulate and stirrup emotions.

This is beyond “scary”; it is dangerous. He needs to be taken down in one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 296January 11, 2021 4:01 PM

And still there are elected Repugs who object to his removal?

by Anonymousreply 297January 11, 2021 4:52 PM

Yup r297 Nancy did the right thing. Get them on record (twice) before it's sent to Senate

by Anonymousreply 298January 11, 2021 5:17 PM

And she will send it at the appropriate time.

by Anonymousreply 299January 11, 2021 5:34 PM

Dump is DONE, but literally. Someone posted a link in a different thread, to the US Dept. of State website which lists Trump's terms as ending 1-11-2020. Which is today. I'm so confused right now. Did he just resign? Are we without a President now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300January 11, 2021 7:02 PM

So many people have resigned, they put Barron in charge of the State Dept website?

by Anonymousreply 301January 11, 2021 7:12 PM

Hallmark is DONE with Hawley, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 11, 2021 7:15 PM

R300 What the actual *uck? That is so absolutely weird. As much as we can hope that it's correct, more likely this is further evidence of how they always managed to hire the best and the brightest college interns for jobs that required actual hard experience.

by Anonymousreply 303January 11, 2021 7:16 PM

That says his term ended at a time still four hours in the future. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 304January 11, 2021 7:25 PM

Sources tell @BuzzFeedNews a "disgruntled staffer" is behind the State Department site's change of Trump and Pence's biographies.

by Anonymousreply 305January 11, 2021 7:29 PM

Darn it!

by Anonymousreply 306January 11, 2021 7:32 PM

Which begs the question: Just what exactly is a gruntled staffer?

by Anonymousreply 307January 11, 2021 7:43 PM

Pence at The White House now.

by Anonymousreply 308January 11, 2021 7:48 PM

[quote]Dump is DONE

But he still has swampy things to check off on his to-do list

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 11, 2021 8:10 PM

One of the things that will come out at some point in the future is that Donald Trump possessed and used significant blackmail material on more than a dozen members of Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310January 11, 2021 8:19 PM

R308 why is he there?

by Anonymousreply 311January 11, 2021 8:20 PM

[quote]Donald Trump possessed and used significant blackmail material on more than a dozen members of Congress.

remember how many did the peace-out before the 2018 midterms?

by Anonymousreply 312January 11, 2021 8:23 PM

Finally.

WaPo: What Trump said before his supporters stormed the Capitol, annotated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313January 11, 2021 8:24 PM

"I've been studying authoritarian regimes for three decades, and I know the signs of a coup when I see them," writes former Trump administration official Fiona Hill

"The truth is that for the past four years, Trump has been stress testing the U.S. democratic system to see if anyone will rein him in...Fortunately, there was pushback from all the key institutions you need for a coup." - Fiona Hill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 11, 2021 8:32 PM

No one knows what the future holds, but it's nice that so many Republican Senators and Representatives are being forced to go on the record so many times at the beginning of this new Confgessin, regarding their stance on sedition and insurrection.

Can't say "Oh, I'm not aware of that" or "I didn't see that," or walk down a hallway ignoring questions, or stop doing Town Halls at home.

So much yet to be uncovered.

This will be helpful in some key Congressional districts and Senate elections in 2022 (an excruciatingly tough year for Senate Republicans to begin with).

by Anonymousreply 315January 11, 2021 8:41 PM

Speaking of state-sponsored terrorism .. Will the Department of Homeland Security add 'proud boys' to the list.

It's being discussed in Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 11, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote]Republican Senators and Representatives are being forced to go on the record so many times at the beginning of this new Confgessin

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 317January 11, 2021 8:44 PM

R310 Not sure I really want to see videos of Miss Lindsey's privates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318January 11, 2021 8:55 PM

NBC's Peter Alexander:

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf is stepping down.

by Anonymousreply 319January 11, 2021 9:11 PM

bwahaha if this was true

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 11, 2021 9:32 PM

How does she even rate an invite?

Put her in the back row behind a column.

by Anonymousreply 321January 11, 2021 9:58 PM

Ivanka is a domestic terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 322January 11, 2021 10:14 PM

Maggie Haberman:

[quote](Trump)’s angry about impeachment, people who have spoken to him say. But the reaction to the PGA decision was different order of magnitude.

I would imagine ... he's already been impeached once and it made not one whit of difference to him. But the loss of the PGA tournament represents a real loss of income, which is what he really cares about.

by Anonymousreply 323January 11, 2021 10:25 PM

r310 -

Lindsey Graham BEGS FOR MERCY for Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 11, 2021 10:31 PM

From r314...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 11, 2021 10:34 PM

[quote]One of the things that will come out at some point in the future is that Donald Trump possessed and used significant blackmail material on more than a dozen members of Congress.

And most likely did it with information funneled to him by Putin, who knows where all the Rethug bodies are buried.

by Anonymousreply 326January 11, 2021 10:42 PM

Cracks me up that peopl think Republicans have to be blackmailed in order to do the wrong thing.

by Anonymousreply 327January 11, 2021 10:44 PM

R320 They need to publicly state that she is not invited.

by Anonymousreply 328January 11, 2021 10:47 PM

R324 She speaks like rotten slit with many secrets she wants kept zipped.

by Anonymousreply 329January 11, 2021 10:48 PM

The Senatrice's sad, contrite face is always pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 330January 11, 2021 10:48 PM

ABC News: Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger compares the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol to the Nazis and calls Pres. Trump a failed leader who “will go down in history as the worst president ever.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 11, 2021 10:55 PM

Another reminder that "Lady" is the closest thing Dump's ever had to owning a dog.

by Anonymousreply 332January 11, 2021 10:57 PM

Facebook will begin removing all content that mentions the phrase "stop the steal," a full 69 days after Election Day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 11, 2021 11:10 PM

BREAKING - the Executive Director of the Republican AG Association, Adam Piper, has resigned after the fallout from a robocall placed by a RAGA fundraising arm to urge Trump supporters to march on the US Capitol on January 6th as per a RAGA spokesperson. #CapitolRiot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334January 11, 2021 11:32 PM

R332 Most apt description of her yet! WW

by Anonymousreply 335January 11, 2021 11:41 PM

[quote]the Executive Director of the Republican AG Association, Adam Piper

WTF is going on with his face!?!?!!

HORRIFYING!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336January 11, 2021 11:43 PM

Michigan GOP Rep. Peter Meijer says he's "strongly considering" impeachment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 11, 2021 11:45 PM

[quote]It's being discussed in Canada.

Canada needs to deal with the Canadian guy who brought the Confederate Battle Flag into the Capitol.

Like, now.

by Anonymousreply 338January 11, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote]Ivanka is worried that her promising political career is in jeopardy

dis beetch

by Anonymousreply 339January 11, 2021 11:49 PM

Hmmmmmmm.

[quote] NEW: President Trump approves state of emergency declaration in Washington D.C. for Joe Biden’s inauguration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340January 12, 2021 12:25 AM

Oh shit. Is he trying to declare martial law? He has be following the Hitler manifest step by step.

by Anonymousreply 341January 12, 2021 12:32 AM

WaPo: New York City to consider ending contracts with Trump that bring his company $17 million a year

Death by a thousand cuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342January 12, 2021 1:38 AM

WaPo: "Pence’s team became convinced that Trump was behind a lawsuit against the vice president, and that it was also the work of Powell, two officials said." Good read on Trump's pressure campaign to get Pence to assume powers he doesn't have

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343January 12, 2021 1:41 AM

6 hours of paralysis. Didn’t know it was that long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344January 12, 2021 1:46 AM

Deutch Bank dropped his ass! Death by a thousand cuts, indeed. Hope it is agonizing for him.

by Anonymousreply 345January 12, 2021 1:59 AM

^Do we have any word yet from his main bank, Deutsche Bank?

by Anonymousreply 346January 12, 2021 3:35 AM

R346 Yes, there is a thread here on DL. Will try to post it.

by Anonymousreply 347January 12, 2021 3:45 AM

R347 We’re waiting you bitch.

by Anonymousreply 348January 12, 2021 6:06 AM

DB Trump dump thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349January 12, 2021 6:36 AM

Fascinating thread 👇🏼

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350January 12, 2021 7:25 AM

Ms. Lemon has stated her boundaries. I love it.

[bold]He’s the biggest snowflake of them all!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351January 12, 2021 7:29 AM

I was joking at R351, but this is an EXCELLENT segment. Wow. They even showed the footage of police officer getting stomped by the crowd and beaten with a flag.

We can’t afford to forget this.

by Anonymousreply 352January 12, 2021 7:35 AM

Go Don Lemon!!!!! That was amazeballs. He was so righteous in his contempt and anger, and so funny at moments, too. Cuz he has no fucks left to give. It's so exhilarating to see a normally buttoned-up anchorperson get so riled up. And he nailed every bullet point that have been wanting to hear someone prominent validate for me, so that I feel less crazy. He crushed it.

by Anonymousreply 353January 12, 2021 7:52 AM

R353 He went all the way in, didn’t he?

I felt the same as you.

by Anonymousreply 354January 12, 2021 7:55 AM

[quote]Trump campaign's press secretary says Trump is the 'most masculine' president to hold office

This queen . . .

Well, both of them.

Orange is the bitchiest, most minicing old woman who has ever held the office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 12, 2021 8:10 AM

R355 Lemon’s response to that was everything.

by Anonymousreply 356January 12, 2021 8:12 AM

Poor stupid Hogan Gidley doesn't understand what the word " emasculated" means.

Also - is he wearing a cheap dollar store wig?

by Anonymousreply 357January 12, 2021 8:14 AM

NY Times calling for impeachment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358January 12, 2021 8:16 AM

[quote]He went all the way in, didn’t he?

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 359January 12, 2021 8:46 AM

New: In a tense AM call w Kevin McCarthy, President Trump today privately — and falsely — blamed "Antifa people" for storming the Capitol... McCarthy told him the riot “was MAGA” and he knew because he was in there, per WH official.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360January 12, 2021 9:49 AM

Trump is DONE!

Celebrate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361January 12, 2021 11:28 AM

Trump is DONE!

Drink it up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362January 12, 2021 11:28 AM

Such a stupid, stupid man - imagine alt universe where he did something, anything to temper pandemic early 2020 (or even incite insurrection), where we would be now. So thankful everyday Dems have slim control for at least next 2 yrs. We may not like everything Dems do and they will not fight dirty as Repugs, but consider alternative 🙏

by Anonymousreply 363January 12, 2021 12:07 PM

Kaitlan Collins:

Trump says what he said last week has been analyzed by "many people" and was "totally appropriate" and the real problem was what other high-level politicians said about violence in Portland, etc. "That was the real problem," he tells reporters before turning and boarding AF1.

"People thought what I said was totally appropriate..Everybody to a T thought it was appropriate."

by Anonymousreply 364January 12, 2021 2:49 PM

R364 Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 365January 12, 2021 3:12 PM

Odd, since Kevin McCarthy said yesterday that Trump had accepted some responsibility for the Capitol riot.

It's almost as if McCarthy lied.

by Anonymousreply 366January 12, 2021 3:16 PM

[quote] It's almost as if McCarthy lied.

Wonders never cease.

by Anonymousreply 367January 12, 2021 3:19 PM

R367 😂

by Anonymousreply 368January 12, 2021 3:20 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham, who last week said he and President Trump had a "hell of a journey" but it was time to "count me out" because "enough was enough," is flying to Texas on Air Force One today, per the pool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369January 12, 2021 4:08 PM

Hogan Gidley=Miss Wiggy

by Anonymousreply 370January 12, 2021 4:11 PM

NY Mag: Trump Threatens Violence If He’s Impeached for Inciting Violence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 12, 2021 4:13 PM

This motherfucker really is on another level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 12, 2021 4:17 PM

I find that ever so hard to believe, r366!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 12, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote]Trump threatens more violence if he's impeached. Impeachment "causing tremendous anger, tremendous danger."

Isn't this grounds for executing him?

by Anonymousreply 374January 12, 2021 4:38 PM

From r369...

Lindsey is scared that @realDonaldTrump will turn on him and start tweeting about his involvement in the pressure campaign Trump and @RudyGiuliani put on Ukraine! Why do you think @DevinNunes is so quite lately and @seanhannity still pretends not to know who i am! #LevRemembers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375January 12, 2021 4:43 PM

R374 He’s executing himself. Slowly.

by Anonymousreply 376January 12, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote]As President @realDonaldTrump stated last night, it is time to heal and move on.

Well, yes, he would say that, wouldn't he, you big stupid girl.

by Anonymousreply 377January 12, 2021 5:35 PM

[quote]He’s executing himself. Slowly.

It's taking forever.

by Anonymousreply 378January 12, 2021 5:37 PM

As bad as it is right now, imagine if he was re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 379January 12, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote]As bad as it is right now, imagine if he was re-elected.

The country as we know it, or, I guess, as we used to know it before 2016, could not have survived four more years of Trump. Reelection would have, in his twisted mind, justified every fascist impulse he has. And Republicans would still have defended and enabled him.

by Anonymousreply 380January 12, 2021 6:13 PM

Good lord r336, it's like one of those bad fake faces where your eyes can never quite focus on one thing, because your brain knows something is off.

by Anonymousreply 381January 12, 2021 6:14 PM

Was this the way Trump did business with his contractors and employees to get his way? Threatening until they feared for their lives?

He is just one man and he's waging psychological warfare on America.

by Anonymousreply 382January 12, 2021 7:05 PM

Think it's just a coincidence that the FBI & DOJ are holding their first press conference on the Capitol Hill riot when Trump's away from DC?

by Anonymousreply 383January 12, 2021 7:10 PM

MY EYES, R336

by Anonymousreply 384January 12, 2021 7:12 PM

[quote] Think it's just a coincidence that the FBI & DOJ are holding their first press conference on the Capitol Hill riot when Trump's away from DC?

They needed Person No.1 to be away.

by Anonymousreply 385January 12, 2021 7:26 PM

DOJ says they are looking at “significant felony cases tied to sedition and conspiracy."

by Anonymousreply 386January 12, 2021 7:29 PM

I just saw that, R386. You love to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 387January 12, 2021 7:37 PM

Ol’ Portobello had a crowd size of a hundred over in Texas...

I could smell the whiskey on his and his supporters’ breaths. Then his defeat took me. It took me - with the stink of filthy roadhouse whiskey on his breath, and I liked it. I LAHKED IT!

by Anonymousreply 388January 12, 2021 7:40 PM

Trump had a press conference at the same time and then CNN cut him off for the FBI briefing, haha, that fat asshole.

by Anonymousreply 389January 12, 2021 7:56 PM

Trump's Alamo speech was a wink-wink-nudge-nudge to domestic terrorists

Everyone can clearly see which words in a Trump speech are the ones in which he expresses what he wants to say and which he reads dead-eyed without enthusiasm off a script on his teleprompter like a hostage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390January 12, 2021 8:21 PM

Amazing "Mother" isn't demanding hubby pursue enacting the 25th Amendment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391January 12, 2021 8:23 PM

Maybe if she felt her towel charms were endangered she'd feel differently, r391.

by Anonymousreply 392January 12, 2021 9:33 PM

BREAKING: Republican Fred Upton says he'll vote to impeach Trump

by Anonymousreply 393January 13, 2021 2:35 AM

BREAKING: Republican Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler will vote to impeach Trump.

by Anonymousreply 394January 13, 2021 3:45 AM

YouTube said Bye for now - maybe longer - bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395January 13, 2021 3:53 AM

Apparently the video they posted was a call to arms for the 20th

by Anonymousreply 396January 13, 2021 3:53 AM

R396 Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 397January 13, 2021 3:59 AM

"After careful review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to the Donald J. Trump channel and issued a strike for violating our policies for inciting violence," a YouTube spokesperson said in a statement. "As a result, in accordance with our long-standing strikes system, the channel is now prevented from uploading new videos or livestreams for a minimum of seven days—which may be extended."

by Anonymousreply 398January 13, 2021 4:00 AM

This retarded, complicit bitch....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399January 13, 2021 4:02 AM

You love to see it:

New York City considering ending business contracts with Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 13, 2021 4:06 AM

R399. They are insanely corrupt. People are reading him for filth, lol!

by Anonymousreply 401January 13, 2021 4:07 AM

As of 11:55 p.m. ET Tuesday, 5 House Republicans say they will vote to impeach Pres. Trump:

• Rep. Cheney of WY

• Rep. Kinzinger of IL

• Rep. Katko of NY

• Rep. Upton of MI

• Rep. Herrera Beutler of WA

215+ House Democrats support impeachment. Vote expected Wednesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402January 13, 2021 4:08 AM

R400- This will cause crippling pain to him. 😁

by Anonymousreply 403January 13, 2021 4:09 AM

Tomorrow is going to be [italic]fun[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 404January 13, 2021 4:11 AM

You betcha!

by Anonymousreply 405January 13, 2021 4:23 AM

He’s got me thinking of the stink of filthy Road House Whiskey...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406January 13, 2021 4:35 AM

There will be more violence unless trump tells people to stay home. Why aren’t top republicans telling him to do that?

by Anonymousreply 407January 13, 2021 4:37 AM

R407, it looks like Trump isn't speaking with any top republican who would tell him to put a lid on his most extreme followers.

by Anonymousreply 408January 13, 2021 4:40 AM

Still astounded what a self-destructive narcissist he is. Insurrection & legal/financial sh*tfest's going to take down not only himself but also entire clan, brand & businesses. All it took was him to say 3 words: wear a mask

by Anonymousreply 409January 13, 2021 9:51 AM

Harry Enten:

Trump's approval rating this week among GOPers has slid into the high 70s in the average poll. It's traditionally been in the high 80s to low 90s. Clear erosion among the base.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410January 13, 2021 12:48 PM

[quote] Trump's approval rating this week among GOPers has slid into the high 70s in the average poll.

And if Trump were to go on national TV and kill babies and puppies, it would probably slide down into the low to mid 70s.

by Anonymousreply 411January 13, 2021 12:51 PM

Just before Christmas, my 70 year old mother hung up on me because I was not buying her crap about the election being stolen from Trump. I am not interested in calling her back now to see if she's changed her mind, but I am for sure curious. For those of us who's parents believed the lies, are they still spinning all of this in Trump's favor, or have they come to their senses? If they are still spinning, what are they clinging to at this point?

by Anonymousreply 412January 13, 2021 3:42 PM

Is he impeached yet??

*insert Judge Judy points at watch gif here*

by Anonymousreply 413January 13, 2021 3:48 PM

Mayor Bill de Blasio: "Goodbye to the Trump Organization. We're not doing any business with you."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 13, 2021 4:02 PM

Well one week from this moment we will have a new president

by Anonymousreply 415January 13, 2021 4:03 PM

r412--

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416January 13, 2021 4:19 PM

Reuters: Facebook has seen an increase in signals indicating potential future acts of violence associated with efforts to contest the result of the U.S. presidential election since the Capitol siege last week.

The storming of the U.S. Capitol by armed pro-Trump demonstrators appeared to be a galvanizing event, spawning efforts to organize gatherings across the country for multiple dates around President-elect Joe Biden’s Jan. 20 inauguration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417January 13, 2021 4:20 PM

Impeachment isn’t enough. I want to see the orange fuck physically getting his ass thrown out.

by Anonymousreply 418January 13, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote] I want to see the orange fuck physically getting his ass thrown out.

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419January 13, 2021 4:26 PM

I keep this tab open because it still makes me smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420January 13, 2021 4:36 PM

It is my somber responsibility to sign the Article of Impeachment against President Trump passed in a bipartisan vote by the House of Representatives a short time ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421January 13, 2021 10:05 PM

For someone who finds this a somber responsibility, her eyes sure are sparkling as she signs the article of impeachment!

by Anonymousreply 422January 13, 2021 10:09 PM

A new message from Dump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423January 13, 2021 10:15 PM

He doesn’t mean a word of that

by Anonymousreply 424January 13, 2021 10:23 PM

Here is tomorrow's news today:

President said to be dismayed by video he made last night, questioning loyalty of advisors who talked him into it.

by Anonymousreply 425January 13, 2021 10:30 PM

Probably privately which will be leaked to Maggie H. Then get ready to be triggered by slew of pardons

by Anonymousreply 426January 13, 2021 11:09 PM

Jamie Gangel on CNN said a first wave of pardons are expected tomorrow (and perhaps as early as tonight) as Trump seeks to distract from impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 427January 13, 2021 11:11 PM

WaPo: “Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani’s legal fees... and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for the expenses Giuliani incurred while traveling on the president’s behalf to challenge election results in key states.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428January 14, 2021 1:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429January 14, 2021 4:02 AM

[bold]Queens man impeached — again[/bold]

A Queens-born real estate developer made history Wednesday when he became the first U.S. president ever impeached twice by the House of Representatives.

Donald Trump, a 74-year-old lame duck Republican, is accused of inciting a lethal mob of far-right supporters to storm the U.S. Capitol in order to prevent Congress from certifying the results of his resounding loss in the November 2020 election. President-elect Joe Biden, a Democrat, recorded 306 electoral votes to Trump’s 232.

With Trump’s encouragement, Confederate-flag bearing white supremacists and fascist agitators besieged the Capitol, threatening to kill Vice President Mike Pence, breaking into lawmakers’ offices, stealing public property and smearing feces on the wall.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 14, 2021 4:39 AM

We've forgotten ALL the shenanigans that enabled the corruptness over four years.

There were no Congressional hearings 2017-18 when Paul Ryan was Speaker of the House and TurtleMumbles was Senate Majority Leader.

Then, with Pelosi taking over the Speaker's gavel in 2019, there were finally hearings. And Administration staff ignored subpoenas. Ignored. No, wait, not just ignored, had the blessing and orders from the President's lawyers and the fucking Attorney General to ignore subpoenas. Then the House would sue, to compel testimony. And the Administration would go to court to defend its own lack of cooperation in Constitutionally mandated oversight.

Treasury Secretary forbid the IRS from providing Orange tax returns, which it is bound to do be specific legislation. Secretary of State forbids its people from testifying about shenanigans happening there. All tied up in courts for years.

And then, to counter the hearings in the House, the Senate would have blow-job hearings and generally act as a news outlet for the Administration's propaganda as official after official would go in and spin, spin, spin for the cameras.

The President, meanwhile, was firing Cabinet Secretaries left and right at any hint of independence, and not replacing them, just leaving them as Actings so that they didn't have any real power beyond carrying out instructions. And a power riding mower was driven through the ranks of independent Inspector Generals throughout each department, destroying the long-nurtured ecosystem of whistleblowing and investigation that at least tries to keep government honest and legal.

Guess what?

The majority of voters have had enough of everything with the Twitshow, and now both houses of Congress will be controlled by Democrats, and there will be a Democratic President and an independent Attorney General representing the people, not the President.

The January 6 sedition plot is not going to stay hidden. Devin Nunes is not going to be bringing documents to the White House bushes at night. Bill Barr will not be there to protect goat-fuckers. Senatrix Lindsey Graham is not going to be able to finesse the witness lists on the Judiciary Committee.

Those involved in destroying America will, for the first time in four years, have to testify under oath--with no Department of Justice protection or hint of Presidential pardon--about what they did . . . and what they know about what others did.

If and when there are investigations into the parade of grotesques that was in charge for the last four years, including the orange one, justice will be on its way to being served.

by Anonymousreply 431January 14, 2021 5:33 AM

Finally.

by Anonymousreply 432January 14, 2021 5:36 AM

r431 gave me wood

by Anonymousreply 433January 14, 2021 7:39 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434January 14, 2021 7:48 AM

R433 - you sound easy. Even a bit slutty.

by Anonymousreply 435January 14, 2021 8:51 AM

R435- You say that as if it were a bad thing. 😁

by Anonymousreply 436January 14, 2021 9:44 AM

Excerpt from an email response I received from PA Senator Bob Casey after emailing about the seditionists in Congress. Heartening.

"President Trump is a threat to our domestic and national security. It is self-evident that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. I have called on Vice President Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment and begin the process of removing the powers of the presidency from Donald Trump. This is the quickest way to protect our domestic and national security in his remaining days of power. There can be no justice without accountability for those involved in the insurrection against the federal government. As a Nation, we cannot advance our shared democratic values without consequences for those who have betrayed those values. Those who stormed the Capitol should face charges. President Trump should be impeached and removed from office because he betrayed his oath to the Constitution and incited a mob to violence. There should also be accountability for those members of Congress who led the effort to overthrow a democratic election. If they refuse to resign their office, then Congress should begin to explore censure or expulsion. Failing to hold those responsible for the insurrection accountable would be a profound injustice and give a green light to future authoritarians."

Hang 'em high!!

by Anonymousreply 437January 14, 2021 12:21 PM

What did Bill Barr know, and when did he know it?

That's what I want to know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438January 14, 2021 2:17 PM

We all knew something was up when Barr just flew outta that administration like he was being chased by killer bees.

by Anonymousreply 439January 14, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote]What did Bill Barr know, and when did he know it?

Not much, not often.

by Anonymousreply 440January 14, 2021 2:41 PM

Done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441January 14, 2021 4:45 PM

On his way out...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442January 14, 2021 10:26 PM

He’s apparently swiping valuables from the White House now.

by Anonymousreply 443January 14, 2021 10:28 PM

CNN:

Trump explodes at Nixon comparisons as he prepares to leave office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444January 14, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote]Trump explodes at Nixon comparisons as he prepares to leave office

I can understand why Trump would be offended by the comparisons. Trump was a lot bigger crook than Nixon ever dreamed of being.

by Anonymousreply 445January 15, 2021 12:52 AM

Trump's Sad Last Days

by Anonymousreply 446January 15, 2021 3:33 AM

There's always Cameo. Surprised he's not there already

by Anonymousreply 447January 15, 2021 5:30 AM

Trump makes Nixon look good.

by Anonymousreply 448January 15, 2021 7:14 AM

Will the Biden Administration be able to undo Dumps Tax Reform? They need to reverse giving tax breaks to the elites. Just raise it high higher and not even take the time to hold hearings (just like how McTurtle rushed it through). Then definitely reverse his Inheritance Tax and raise the tax amount high, high, higher. Just in case Dump has a few dollars to pass on to his kids - I doubt it.)

Do those two things FIRST. Now that we have at least two years with complete control of the House and the Senate, I hope Kamala can speed erase everything that Dump et al. passed. I hope the 200+ bills passed by the Dem House (that Turtle didn't even bother to bring onto the Senate floor and merely let sit on his desk), get just ram it through and passed. (One or more each day!).

The idea is, we need to erase all of Dump's work while we hold long - I mean

by Anonymousreply 449January 15, 2021 8:45 AM

What needs to take time is the myriad of investigations into all of these corrupt Republcans and how they stole or took money and delving into what Kushner, Barr, Mnuchin etc did to exploit their positions. The list is just so long, there might not be enough time to go through each one in just 2-4 years. Hopefully, however, there will be enough time to destroy the Repug Party. Period!

by Anonymousreply 450January 15, 2021 8:54 AM

[quote]There's always Cameo.

And OnlyFans

by Anonymousreply 451January 15, 2021 8:57 AM

Trump is leaving the WH with lowest job approval of his presidency (an unbelievably high 29%), according to Pew Research findings released today.

68% of voters say they do not want Trump to continue to be a major political figure.

64% of voters express a positive opinion of Joe Biden's conduct since the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 15, 2021 2:41 PM

James @Comey expresses concern over Pres. Trump receiving post-presidency general intelligence briefings: “The guy’s a lying demagogue who you can’t trust... be very, very careful about what you give him.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 15, 2021 4:00 PM

That's why you impeach and then convict him, Comey, to stop him from getting intelligence briefings, among other things.

That guy is a fucking piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 454January 15, 2021 4:13 PM

That Pew poll has dropped Trump's 538 approval down to 38.1%, which I still think is artificially high, but will probably adjust in a few days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 15, 2021 4:13 PM

It will continue to drop, R455, along with his odious life.

by Anonymousreply 456January 15, 2021 4:21 PM

Odd that Gallup stopped recording his popularity a month ago. That was about the time they put out their "most admired American" poll, right? Sad that a formerly stellar polling company turned into some rightwing shilling machine.

by Anonymousreply 457January 15, 2021 4:24 PM

My soul sings.

Important point to bear in mind - Trump is having serious trouble getting lawyers to rep him in the impeachment trial. That’s how you end up with Giuliani both being blamed by WH aides and still possibly leading the defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458January 15, 2021 4:24 PM

If the number drops any lower Trump will try to have sex with it.

🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459January 15, 2021 4:26 PM

Could someone turn Comey's mic off? He makes millions every year doing speaking engagements. But he's the reason we got Trump in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 460January 15, 2021 4:27 PM

AP: Feds: Capitol mob aimed to 'assassinate' elected officials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461January 15, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote]It will continue to drop, [R455], along with his odious life.

And his even more odious boobs.

by Anonymousreply 462January 15, 2021 5:27 PM

Exactly r460 because didn't he recently advocate Biden to frickin' pardon Dump?

by Anonymousreply 463January 15, 2021 5:53 PM

Miss me yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464January 15, 2021 7:06 PM

Are prosecutors holding back on further charges on the individuals they have already charged, until after Trump is out of office; so that if he decides to pardon these individuals for their current charges, he will no longer be able to pardon them for other more serious charges like attempted murder/kidnapping?

by Anonymousreply 465January 15, 2021 7:08 PM

And here's the first of many parting gifts--the COVID-19 vaccine doses everyone thought were there . . . are not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466January 15, 2021 8:22 PM

[quote]James @Comey expresses concern over Pres. Trump receiving post-presidency general intelligence briefings: “The guy’s a lying demagogue who you can’t trust... be very, very careful about what you give him.”

I think it's insane that they would even consider giving him anymore intelligence briefings. I don't care if he will be an ex-president. Even before he attempted to overthrow our government, some had already expressed concern, given the amount of debt he's in, that he might sell what info he already knows to our adversaries if the price is right. He should be told nothing else after Wednesday, absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 467January 15, 2021 9:15 PM

R467 It really is insane.

by Anonymousreply 468January 15, 2021 9:18 PM

I doubt they're giving him anything of substance. And did he ever pay any attention to them anyway? Guy's like a lazy dumb teenager ignoring the teacher. Why would he be interested in anything that wasn't about himself? (never happened before) They learned that years ago.

by Anonymousreply 469January 15, 2021 9:30 PM

They should hold fake intelligence briefings with Trump present, then see how fast the Russians get it.

by Anonymousreply 470January 15, 2021 9:37 PM

R470, great idea!

by Anonymousreply 471January 15, 2021 9:38 PM

R470 YES.

by Anonymousreply 472January 15, 2021 9:40 PM

I wonder if we'll EVER find out what kompromat Putin has on Dump.

by Anonymousreply 473January 15, 2021 9:41 PM

1080hd of the entire pee tape!

by Anonymousreply 474January 15, 2021 10:07 PM

I don't think anyone in the intelligence community would be surprised if he (and Jared) failed the standard security clearance process.

by Anonymousreply 475January 15, 2021 10:10 PM

R475, we know that Jared was given his clearance over the objections of intelligence professionals.

by Anonymousreply 476January 15, 2021 10:13 PM

R467, Biden can pull his authorization for security briefings.

Just like the orange cunt pulled Clinton's and Brennan's. Works both ways.

And the spooks have been giving the fool false info to not only fuck with Putin but to see where the leaks are originating. Is it with orange? Or one of his brats? Or the pathetic mannequin?

by Anonymousreply 477January 15, 2021 10:29 PM

After orchestrating an insurrection and getting impeached a second time for it, this piece of shit will continue to be stripped of everything. He’s a biopsychosocialpolitical hazard.

by Anonymousreply 478January 15, 2021 10:36 PM

I agree with R457 -- Gallup often has more generous numbers for Trump than other polling companies.

by Anonymousreply 479January 15, 2021 11:20 PM

479 Why do you love polls, PT? I want to know.

What makes you [italic]you[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 480January 16, 2021 12:18 AM

R479...

by Anonymousreply 481January 16, 2021 12:31 AM

Go GA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482January 16, 2021 12:42 AM

R482...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483January 16, 2021 12:46 AM

People like r206 and r469 really want us to think that Trump will never sell state secrets to pay off his $1.5B debt to the Russians. Curious.

by Anonymousreply 484January 16, 2021 7:36 AM

Oh I think he already has done that, and it's been discovered, and they're keeping their cards closer to their chests than before.

Hope that's true, anyway, but in any case, he's done what you said already, so what is there to do now other than as much damage control as possible?

I mean, what CAN we do about it now? Executing him won't get that information out of foreign hands.

by Anonymousreply 485January 16, 2021 8:01 AM

When I said "hope that's true" I didn't mean I hope he's sold secrets -- I meant I hope it's been realized and even the rightyest wingers have understood the necessity to stop giving him the intel. He doesn't want a classroom lecture every day anyway so I would think it would be very easy to just gloss over things without telling him anything.

I don't think Trump has the ability to hold onto intel to use later - if he's ever had anything whatsoever, he's been on the phone that evening telling Putin or Xi or Kim Jong Un or anybody on earth he could get some lucre from. All those meetings where he didn't allow transcribers? I mean, do we think that's just because he wanted to tell dirty jokes?

by Anonymousreply 486January 16, 2021 8:08 AM

Okay, I said nothing about executing Trump, so if that's where you're wanting to take this discussion, go find someone who actually said that.

My comment is entirely about the whole "he's too stupid to be dangerous, he's like a child" argument, which is just ridiculous on its face. "What's he gonna do, write in crayon? Ignore the teacher?!"

Dude just tried to overthrow the government with Bitcoin-paid mercenaries hidden in the middle of several thousand angry methed-out armed rednecks who were killing cops and their own allies alike. So let's dial back the "harmless stupid child" rhetoric, okay?

by Anonymousreply 487January 16, 2021 8:15 AM

That was hyperbole - trying to get you to explain what you think SHOULD be done about this problem you've identified.

Sit and weep? (again, this is also hyperbole or sarcasm, not to be taken literally)

by Anonymousreply 488January 16, 2021 8:19 AM

We're now down to double digits of hours left of 45's reign, after which Dem will control 2 branches and DL will have less threads of him

by Anonymousreply 489January 16, 2021 12:54 PM

Fewer threads, R489.

by Anonymousreply 490January 16, 2021 1:19 PM

Technically all three branches, R489.

by Anonymousreply 491January 16, 2021 1:22 PM

Technically r491, how do the Democrats control the judicial branch?

by Anonymousreply 492January 16, 2021 1:55 PM

In the U.S., Congress is one branch of government, the legislative branch. It has two houses, the Senate and the House.

The other two branches are the judicial and the executive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493January 16, 2021 2:07 PM

It is shockingly wonderful to think there are fewer than 98 hours to go until we dump Trump. Soon it will be 97. 96. 95...

by Anonymousreply 494January 16, 2021 2:20 PM

I keep telling myself that everything's not going to change in a split second, that I have to be patient and scale back expectations ...

but basically everything IS going to change in a split second at noon on Wednesday in terms of policy, and gradually we'll see the results of a vigorous vaccination policy, intelligence and counter-intelligence, environmental regulations, etc. The Republican base calls that "socialism" or "communism," but screw them. They screwed us.

by Anonymousreply 495January 16, 2021 2:26 PM

What will change at noon on Wednesday?

[bold]The adults are coming! The adults are coming![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 496January 16, 2021 2:30 PM

unfortunately @ state level, Repugs will drive redistricting in many states w/right wing SCOTUS less likely to take up gerrymandering challenges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497January 16, 2021 2:47 PM

All the more reason for Dems to ramp up Abrams-style voter drives and get out the vote on the local level everywhere. Take back a state house or two. The Democrats have spent far too long focusing on national races.

by Anonymousreply 498January 16, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote]What will change at noon on Wednesday?

Trump's diaper. But that's no different from any other day.

by Anonymousreply 499January 16, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote]Trump's diaper. But that's no different from any other day.

But that's no different from four FUCKING times any other day.

by Anonymousreply 500January 16, 2021 3:02 PM

Delta will ban MAGA seditionists that harass Miz Lindz and Mitt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 16, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote]A video posted to Twitter on January 5 shows Romney sitting by himself in an airport, on his laptop.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 502January 16, 2021 3:22 PM

This asshole and his family and enablers in the executive, legislative branches, and media, have completely BLOWN UP a year, into chaos and death, and hardship in the lives of hundreds of millions.

by Anonymousreply 503January 16, 2021 3:45 PM

^Remember how Trump always deflects -- anything he criticizes someone of is usually a reflection on him?

Well, he has finally achieved that American Carnage he roiled on about in his inauguration speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 16, 2021 3:56 PM

Axios reports on Trump's premeditated plan to deny the election results and inflame his followers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505January 16, 2021 3:56 PM

"American Carnage" was the title of his reality show, wasn't it?

The ratings don't seem too good. SAD!!

by Anonymousreply 506January 16, 2021 5:21 PM

He's even too radioactive for me

by Anonymousreply 507January 16, 2021 6:13 PM

Note to media:

We would all appreciate it if you would not cover the pomp that Orange in ordering, in honor of himself, for January 20.

He has no honor and does not deserve the visuals. It is more than enough that taxpayers have to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 508January 16, 2021 6:14 PM

That Axios series R505 links is worth following. I'd been wondering why Jonathan Swan was relatively quiet -- now we know what he's been working on. He has some of the best sources in Trumpworld.

by Anonymousreply 509January 16, 2021 6:51 PM

Jake Tapper piggybacks on the Axios story:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510January 16, 2021 8:15 PM

Unrelenting cancelling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511January 16, 2021 10:39 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Excellent. And the hits on his potential income will keep on coming. What a colossal fool. He brought himself down.

by Anonymousreply 512January 17, 2021 12:32 AM

Someone on TV just called it "private-sector impeachment."

I guess you could also call it "our freedoms to impeach" or "capitalist impeachment."

by Anonymousreply 513January 17, 2021 12:47 AM

Soon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514January 17, 2021 1:12 AM

I will be watching The Mauritanian this weekend and will report back on Jodie's chances.

by Anonymousreply 515January 17, 2021 1:15 AM

Is 45 really that stupid . . . ok don't answer that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516January 17, 2021 1:43 AM

The Trump name is so toxic in corporate America now that Trump's nephew Fred Trump III got fired from Cushman & Wakefield, which was managing several Trump NYC properties. Fred is Mary's brother and the son of black sheep Fred Jr. He was stiffed along with Mary when the Donald administered Fred Sr's estate. But while Fred III didn't openly support Dump, he also didn't disavow him ala Mary. It's easy to feel kinda bad for the guy being collateral damage, but with luck it's a preview of the climate awaiting Dump's hellspawn and their spouses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517January 17, 2021 2:40 AM

Comey letting his inner-DL shine:

“I’d rather he (Trump) be impeached, convicted……but then I’d like to see some of the lights go out and he can stand on the front lawn at Mar-a-Lago and shout at cars in his bathrobe and none of us will hear it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518January 17, 2021 9:09 AM

Historians having to tape together records that Trump tore up

Implications for public record and legal proceedings after administration seized or destroyed papers, notes and other information

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519January 17, 2021 9:11 AM

Fuck I hate these qanon loons. You cannot talk with people —even in a civil manner—when one side refuses to acknowledge objective truth. It’s maddening.

by Anonymousreply 520January 17, 2021 9:42 AM

Exactly, R520. It's pointless. You present them with evidence against their beliefs, including photos and videos, and it's all "fake news." Meanwhile, you're supposed to buy that all Democrats who are in government and in Hollywood are lizard people who are raping and then eating children with of course zero evidence to back up this completely absurd claim. It's like trying to open a door after the knob has come off in your hand.

by Anonymousreply 521January 17, 2021 12:52 PM

These folks will continue to dig in their heels because me thinks most people are averse to be proven wrong (i.e., been duped & stupid). They need to seek out their paths to deprogram. It's not our job; our job is to start detoxifying from last 4 yrs, if we haven't already

by Anonymousreply 522January 17, 2021 1:05 PM

I have family members who are Trumpheads (formerly W supporters, Reagan supporters, etc.). My first instinct is to try to engage them, but I don't bother, since any information they don't like is just "fake news" and any liberal or Democratic position is "socialism." There's no there there.

by Anonymousreply 523January 17, 2021 1:17 PM

For some reason the one that gets under my skin immediately is the trump has increased respect for America on the world stage lie. What an absurdity but the back and forth never gets further than “no he has not” “yes he has” and so on.

by Anonymousreply 524January 17, 2021 2:27 PM

72 hours!

by Anonymousreply 525January 17, 2021 4:27 PM

The second in Axios' "Off The Rails" series is up. Part 1 is at R505.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 17, 2021 4:29 PM

R524, that's because these people don't know the difference between Duterte/Erdogan/Putin and Merkel/Abe/Macron. Seriously, most of them have never left the US.

by Anonymousreply 527January 17, 2021 4:50 PM

r526 link--

[quote]In conversations in the Oval Office, Trump would occasionally slip and seem to acknowledge he lost, saying, "Can you believe I lost to that fucking guy? That fucking corpse?"

by Anonymousreply 528January 17, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]In conversations in the Oval Office, Trump would occasionally slip and seem to acknowledge he lost, saying, "Can you believe I lost to that fucking guy? That fucking corpse?"

Not being a member of the cult, yes, I have no problem at all believing it.

by Anonymousreply 529January 17, 2021 6:52 PM

Thanks, R526. That series is fascinating to read.

by Anonymousreply 530January 17, 2021 7:26 PM

[quote] In conversations in the Oval Office, Trump would occasionally slip and seem to acknowledge he lost, saying, "Can you believe I lost to that fucking guy? That fucking corpse?

What does that motherfucker see when he looks in the mirror? My God!

by Anonymousreply 531January 17, 2021 9:02 PM

Misinformation dropped dramatically the week after Twitter banned Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532January 17, 2021 9:17 PM

Sen. Angust King (I-MA) told CNN today:

"There's a grave danger of [Trump] inadvertently or willfully revealing classified information that would compromise sources and methods,."

“There’s no upside, there’s no reason he needs to have this information … and I think given his past history of being fast and loose with intelligence data, it ought to be ― that ought to be an easy decision for the incoming president.”

by Anonymousreply 533January 17, 2021 9:45 PM

R352 A 73% decline in misinformation on social media owing to Trump expulsion. Wow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534January 17, 2021 9:49 PM

Suitable for sharing on FB and Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535January 17, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]Sen. Angust King (I-MA) told CNN today:

Speaking of misinformation ....

by Anonymousreply 536January 17, 2021 10:19 PM

Part 3 in the Axios “Off the Rails” series: Descent into Madness:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537January 18, 2021 12:51 AM

When Joe Biden is sworn in on Wednesday, I never want to see Trump's face or hear his voice again.

by Anonymousreply 538January 18, 2021 12:54 AM

Amen, R538.

by Anonymousreply 539January 18, 2021 12:56 AM

Beat you by several years, r538!

by Anonymousreply 540January 18, 2021 12:58 AM

48 hours!

by Anonymousreply 541January 18, 2021 4:46 PM

48 hours that will seem like 35,000.

by Anonymousreply 542January 18, 2021 4:48 PM

I created Part 4 but titled it “Dump is GONE.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543January 18, 2021 6:25 PM

Thanks OP

by Anonymousreply 544January 18, 2021 7:13 PM

Anthony Scaramucci says he was invited to President Trump's farewell ceremony Wednesday, which he takes as a sign the White House is desperate to bulk up the guest list. "Trust me, that had to be a mass email if one of them got sent to me," he tells @InsideEdition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545January 18, 2021 9:33 PM

“Let it be known to the business world: Hire any of Trump’s fellow fabulists above, and Forbes will assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie."

#BoycottTrump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546January 18, 2021 9:34 PM

In May, Cuoy Griffin, a Republican New Mexico county official and Cowboys for Trump founder, said in a video, “The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.” Donald Trump tweeted the video and thanked Griffin. Now he’s in jail for breaking into the Capitol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547January 18, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote]he was invited to President Trump's farewell ceremony Wednesday

Each invitee "may bring up to five guests" CNN reported just now.

He really is desperate for a crowd.

by Anonymousreply 548January 18, 2021 10:09 PM

It will be so nice to see this rancid piece of shit get cut loose on Wednesday, too:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549January 18, 2021 10:16 PM

still bringing a smile to millions of faces, even in dark times of COVID-19, economic crisis, racial injustice, and civil unrest:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550January 18, 2021 10:19 PM

From r546...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551January 18, 2021 10:48 PM

36 hours . . .

by Anonymousreply 552January 19, 2021 4:46 AM

GOP voters coming back to Trump's corner:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553January 19, 2021 12:20 PM

The Trump cult won't let go of him until some new idol sways them.

by Anonymousreply 554January 19, 2021 12:40 PM

21 hours

by Anonymousreply 555January 19, 2021 7:05 PM

18 hours

by Anonymousreply 556January 19, 2021 10:39 PM

THE hours

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557January 19, 2021 10:44 PM

12 hours!

by Anonymousreply 558January 20, 2021 4:31 AM

WaPo: Hours before leaving office, Trump undoes one of the only measures he took to ‘drain the swamp.' President Trump rescinded an executive order early Wednesday morning that had limited federal administration officials from lobbying the government or working for foreign countries after they leave their posts, undoing one of the few measures he had instituted to fulfill his 2016 campaign promise to ‘drain the swamp.’ Trump had signed the now-reversed executive order with much fanfare in an Oval Office ceremony in January 2017.

by Anonymousreply 559January 20, 2021 12:11 PM

3 hours!

by Anonymousreply 560January 20, 2021 12:40 PM

Now, I can ignore all things Trump!

by Anonymousreply 561January 20, 2021 4:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!