Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Beth Raines?

The other thread was Murieled. Let's continue our discussions and remembrances of the wonderful towns of Springfield and Oakdale.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Monday at 2:24 PM

Judi Evans is interviewed on the latest Soap Opera Digest podcast and she speaks warmly about her time on GL.

by Anonymousreply 110/20/2020

She is a 4 time divorcee and is now shacked up with Bradly Raines who fucks her regularly while her mother watches.

by Anonymousreply 210/20/2020

I almost played Lillian Raines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310/20/2020

Reminder today is Locher ROom with Judi Evans and Vincent Irrizary

by Anonymousreply 410/22/2020

Did Vinnie ever eat out Judi? He fucked all his female co-stars. He’s got a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 510/22/2020

Don't miss the ATWT benefit staged reading of the final episode on Wednesday, October 28th at 8 p.m. in The Locher Room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 610/22/2020

Fulton won’t be there. She has the senility.

by Anonymousreply 710/22/2020

For as ugly as John Dixon was he sure got a lot of puss.

by Anonymousreply 810/22/2020

I never auditioned for ATWT because Dr. John is ugly af.

by Anonymousreply 910/22/2020

Ole johnny ate out Jackie Schultz.

by Anonymousreply 1010/22/2020

When they did the 50th anniversary episode, all of the old bags on the bus fucked John except Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 1110/22/2020

Nancy was a scat queen. She loved a little back door. One cup. Nancy and Ellen. Hot.

by Anonymousreply 1210/22/2020

Did Nancy’s pussy stink? Well did it?

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2020

Nancy didn't like NUKE.

by Anonymousreply 1410/23/2020

Nancy was ALL about black dick.

by Anonymousreply 1510/23/2020

This would have been the thread for all the Lujack / Beth reaction posts.

by Anonymousreply 1610/24/2020

God I hated India. MKA played her like a big ole bull dyke.

by Anonymousreply 1711/01/2020

MURIEL PLEASE NUKE THESE MOTHERFUCKING SOAP THREADS!!

by Anonymousreply 1811/01/2020

R11, John got Nancy under the mistletoe Christmas Eve 1985

great episode.

I loved it when India said to Phillip: "Saint Beth of Raines"

by Anonymousreply 1911/01/2020

WHET to Holly Lindsey has been Murieled.

by Anonymousreply 2011/18/2020

Now where?

by Anonymousreply 2111/18/2020

[quote]Now where?

Someone who can might post a link to this thread in the WHET Holly Lindsay thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2211/18/2020

Bump to try and get the attention of someone who can post on the Holly Lindsey thread.

by Anonymousreply 2311/18/2020

Jay Hammer isn’t anything special. He was just kind of there for way too long.

by Anonymousreply 2411/18/2020

I loved India calling her St. Beth. India was so jealous. She really wanted Beth.

by Anonymousreply 2511/18/2020

We're here, darlings. A kind soul shared in the Holly thread.

by Anonymousreply 2611/18/2020

Thanksgiving is in a week. Is the clip still online of the very tense, intense Thanksgiving scene where abusive Bradley (played by James Rebhorn) menaces his family except Beth was having none of it. That mashed potato scene was never going to end well but it was such a great scene. Somebody should post it next week in honor of Saint Beth of Raines.

by Anonymousreply 2711/18/2020

Watching the Locher Room Beverlee McKinsey tribute. He's been doing these for seven months now. He still hasn't learned to direct his question to a specific individual so they all don't talk over each other. "Do you all remember the first time you worked with Beverlee?"

by Anonymousreply 2811/19/2020

He needs to have Eileen Fulton on STAT. Put her on with Colleen.

by Anonymousreply 2911/19/2020

He's incapable of leading a conversation. The idea that he could turn this into a permanent gig is probably his goal, but he has no skills whatsoever for it.

by Anonymousreply 3011/19/2020

Fulton is in no mental condition to be doing a Locker Room.

by Anonymousreply 3111/19/2020

I gasped when I learned a book is being written about Beverlee. Someone said that before and I thought it was just a silly rumor but apparently it's true.

by Anonymousreply 3211/19/2020

Vee is writing the book.

by Anonymousreply 3311/19/2020

Is it me or were Beth and Mindy never particularly close until Beth was played by Beth C and Mindy by Kimberley Simms? Beth was close to Annabelle and Roxy more than Mindy during Judi’s run.

by Anonymousreply 3411/19/2020

I’d rather read a book about Marj

by Anonymousreply 3511/20/2020

Billie Eilish father played Beth Raines LOVER on Guiding Light

by Anonymousreply 3611/20/2020

And her mother played Taylor Baldwin on ATWT, r36. She was supposed to seduce Casey and she was sexless.

by Anonymousreply 3711/20/2020

R34 Beth & Mindy friendship sort of broke up when Mindy was pregnant with Phillip child

By the time Phillip and Mindy divorced, Beth had moved on with Lujack and Beth & Mindy were in different storyline and barely interacted

But when Pam Long came back she resurrected the "four musketeers" and Mindy & Beth were played by different actresses

by Anonymousreply 3811/20/2020

Billie Eilish is strange, as is her brother.

by Anonymousreply 3911/20/2020

0meow

by Anonymousreply 4011/20/2020

When they broke up Beth and Phillip to pair her with Lujack, they essentially broke up the Four Musketeers.

Beth had little interaction with Mindy or Rick for the last two years of Judi's run.

by Anonymousreply 4111/20/2020

Vincent must have been so insecure, knowing the Pendulous One was a few dressing rooms away.....

by Anonymousreply 4211/20/2020

Vincent was bust fucking all the women. Except dykey Mary Kay, of course.

by Anonymousreply 4311/20/2020

[quote]Vincent was bust fucking all the women.

Kinky.

by Anonymousreply 4411/21/2020

It's obviously not uncommon for actors to fall in love with costars, but it was rather strange that Vincent did it with almost every female costar he ever had. I believe Judi was the only one he DIDN'T have a thing for or with! I mean, if I am not mistaken he had a thing with all three of the Mindys he played against. WIth Signy Coleman on Santa Barbara, too.

by Anonymousreply 4511/21/2020

Please welcome legendary actress Meryl Streep to the Locher Room!

(15 minute dry book-report recitation of entire Wikipedia article about Meryl)

Welcome, Meryl! Tell us, do you remember the first day you met Maeve Kinkead?

And have YOU seen Tom Pelphrey in Ozark?

by Anonymousreply 4611/21/2020

That Vincent is probably the best aging soap star I have seen to date. Wow. He looks great.

by Anonymousreply 4711/21/2020

R47 Vincent is also a major FUNDIE who uses his spare time to preach to Jesus

by Anonymousreply 4811/21/2020

VI fucked alot of women. Remember when someone showed up at his door claiming to be his child by someone he fiucked a long time ago. He left his cum all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 4911/21/2020

I didn't think he was a fundie per se but he definitely caught the Jesus bug a while back.

by Anonymousreply 5011/21/2020

According to SOD, 11/28/1983 was the first airdate for both Zimmer and Vincent Irizarry. I thought he came on much later but I guess not!

by Anonymousreply 5111/21/2020

Sometime in the mid 90s, Vince has said he was going through a dark period of his life and that's when he found Jesus and started attending a Bible study.

I suspect that was in 1995 when his relationship with Barbara Crampton (Mindy #4) was falling apart yet he still had to work with her. GL was in bad shape during that time too both on screen and off screen.

His performances really seemed to suffer during this period. He just seemed to have lost his spark, his mojo. I was not really surprised the show wrote off Nick in Feb. 1996.

When he showed up on AMC in 1997, he had a different energy, seemed like a different person. I assume he had found Jesus by that point.

by Anonymousreply 5211/21/2020

Sounds about right R52

by Anonymousreply 5311/21/2020

This is from Guiding Light in March of 1990

Does anyone know who this actor is? He had a dayplayer part - but does he look familiar to anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5411/22/2020

[quote] His performances really seemed to suffer during this period. He just seemed to have lost his spark, his mojo. I was not really surprised the show wrote off Nick in Feb. 1996.

It was around that time (in 1995) they fired Jill Farren Phelps and switched headwriters (bringing in Megan McTavish) and suddenly Vince was on the backburner, and became a supporting player in the Brent/Marian storyline (as his fiancee Nancy Bell was suspicious of Marian)

He was just unsatisfied how his character was being written and it was a mutual decision between him and the new producer to let the character rest,

by Anonymousreply 5511/22/2020

R54 He looks a bit like a young Rob Bogue but otherwise rings no bells

by Anonymousreply 5611/22/2020

R54 Whoever he is, he’s certainly of the homosexual persuasion.

by Anonymousreply 5711/23/2020

Ooooh

by Anonymousreply 5811/23/2020

r54, I don't even recognize the woman in the scene. Who is she?

The Chelsea Reardon character was very forgettable. Apparently so were the people in her orbit.

by Anonymousreply 5911/23/2020

R59 That was Rae Rooney.

This was the C or D story on GL circa 1988-1989. There were a few female character, Rae Rooney and Dana, involved with Chelsea, Frank and Johnny.

Dana may have been the first attempt to bring back Beth, but they changed the story to have Dana imitating Beth with Alan's backing, trying to scam Phillip. She was eventually forgiven and ended up dating Frank.

Rae Rooney worked with Chelsea at the TV station, I think? Or Dana did? I think Rae was a comedian. Long story short, Chelsea had a stalker, everyone thought it was Dana but then Dana herself was killed, and it was revealed to be Rae, who was, like, super jealous of Chelsea.

Then the audience died, of boredom.

Most of Pam's stuff worked but this mess didn't, and neither did Rusty's wife Rose, who was as exciting as a wet paper towel.

by Anonymousreply 6011/23/2020

Thanks r60. The Rae character sounds vaguely familiar. Vaguely.

The only reason I even remember Rusty's wife Rose (yawn) was because she was played by Alexandra Neil, who had done such a fabulous job playing Ruby Wright on Texas.

Its just reminder that Pam could write some clunkers too. And also create some dull characters.

by Anonymousreply 6111/23/2020

At the start of her career, Barbara Garrick played one of Pam's forgettable characters in a C storyline. I think the character was named Charlotte.

Barabara Garrick is a character actress perhaps best known for playing DeDe Halcyon in the Tales of the City mini-series. Soap fans may also recall her very memorable turn as Allison Perkins on OLTL, She was one of cult leader Mitch Laurence's followers. "Ask Mitch, Ask Mitch, Ask Mitch"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6211/23/2020

R62 Yes! I loved Garrick in Tales as Dee Dee. But she played essentially the same character on GL and OLTL - twisted villain.

Charlotte Wheaton was a nurse who...somehow wanted revenge on Ed, for reasons I don't remember.

This was when Original Recipe Maureen was opposite Brand New Sexy Ed. (Who was about as well loved as Brand New Sexy Donna.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6311/23/2020

R62 Oh....and I don't think this was Pam? I think that the point between Pam's two stints. This was when GL was really terrible. The Infinity storyline, Sampson Girl, et al.

by Anonymousreply 6411/23/2020

Oh, well that further explains why I don't remember the Charlotte character. I've blocked out most of Richard Van Vlett's run as Ed.

And yes, you're right. r63, Brand New Sexy Ed went over about as well as Brand New Sexy Donna.

by Anonymousreply 6511/23/2020

Lujack's Greatest Hits!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6611/23/2020

I was frustrated that when Alexandra was trying to explain to Nick who Lujack was. Alexandra could have pulled the Out in the Streets video out and SHOWN Nick who Lujack was.

Instead, Alex never even mentioned the video. Guess the show didn't want to pay for the music rights to song again.

by Anonymousreply 6711/23/2020

R64 Infiinty and Sampson Girl was under Pam's tenure. Both were summer of 1985.

Pam went on maternity leave in Jan 1986, but her longterm story continued playing out. When she got off maternity leave, P&G asked her to HW Search for Tomorrow, in a last ditch effort to save that show.

She returned to HW GL in late summer 1987. She's the one who introduced Harley Davidson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 6811/23/2020

Some of you have incredible memories!

by Anonymousreply 6911/23/2020

Pam’s last clunker her first go around at GL was introducing Cain, as played by Jerry Lanning. Weird story.

by Anonymousreply 7011/23/2020

I always think those two weren't Pam, R68. It certainly didn't ring true to her style. Must have been network interference.

by Anonymousreply 7111/23/2020

We've discussed this several times before. Jeff Ryder became Pam's co-headwriter in early 1985. And when she left on maternity leave in late Dec 1985/early Jan 1986, Ryder took over as the only HW. But he only lasted 6 months as the sole HW. He was replaced by Mary Ryan Munisteri & Ellen Barrett who did an even worse job than he did.

I suspect the dud storylines in 1985 that have Pam's name attached to them were actually Ryders. I'm talking about the very-Un-Pam-like storylines like Infinity, like the Sampson Girl and like the Jackson Freemont record producer storyline. Either that or it was network interference insisting the show try to imitate GH and its outlandish storylines more.

by Anonymousreply 7211/23/2020

Garrick was also on ATWT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7311/23/2020

I didn't even remember Garrick on ATWT. She seemed to be typecast in daytime.

That fine ass Nick Kokotakis was also in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 7411/23/2020

This was discussed on another thread but Susie Pratt really talked trash about Richard Van Vleet and what a diva he was at GL. Jay Hammer confirmed.

I hated this period of GL. When they were trying to be General Hospital. But I guess who wasn't right? It was a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 7511/24/2020

Van Vleet was sort of cute and he might have worked if he was a recast of a character more like Ross, but he sucked raw sewage as Ed.

by Anonymousreply 7611/24/2020

Thanksgiving

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7711/25/2020

Was watching a rerun of Alice where Vera was hooked on soaps. She mentioned Guiding Light was her favorite.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Friday at 3:40 PM

Was Lujack Beth’s first? (Don’t say Bradley).

by Anonymousreply 79Last Friday at 6:24 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Saturday at 5:58 AM

Beth’s favorite dong was Phillip’s

by Anonymousreply 81Last Saturday at 6:35 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Saturday at 10:05 AM

R78 I would have guessed Another World.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Saturday at 1:55 PM

Apparently General Hospital just surpassed GL in terms of the longest running drama on TV, so ABC is touting it in a new ad campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84Last Monday at 6:21 AM

So sad. GL should still be on.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Monday at 7:48 AM

American TV, I presume.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Monday at 8:50 AM

Yes, American TV.

Coronation Street in Britain has been on continually since 1960, so it has the distinction of being the long-running TV drama in the world.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Monday at 9:04 AM

[quote]I loved it when India said to Phillip: "Saint Beth of Raines"

I came here to say that! One of the funniest lines on GL.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Monday at 9:26 AM

Could you imagine The Pendulous One thrusting like that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89Last Monday at 10:22 AM

R84 What a fucking shame. It won’t beat its combined radio plus tv time. Thing is, GH’s ratings have sucked for a decade yet ABC kept it afloat only because of the heyday of L & L.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Monday at 12:51 PM

GH is much better still today than that stupid Peapack shit that Wheeler claims bought Gl an extra year and a half.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Monday at 1:38 PM

Fuck GH. I’d take the last year of peapack over that shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Monday at 1:47 PM

If you're counting radio as well, then The Archers will undoubtedly surpass GL. It's still going strong and just had it's 70th anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Monday at 2:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!