Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone in Pennsylvania?

What does it feel like on the ground there? Lots of Trump signs?

I didn't predict it last election but I'm from PA originally. I was home in my town right before the election (which is usually quite democratic) and I do remember thinking that there were a lot more Trump signs then I'd have expected.

and on Facebook I noticed people from high school (one black even and one a Harvard grad) supporting Trump. They felt thigs had gotten so bad in the state that they needed any alternative to more Obama policies. One high school friend wrote a long post about she hated Trump on a moral level but felt the state needed what he offered. (they've been pretty silent during this election.)

by Anonymousreply 402November 13, 2020 9:56 AM

In Pennsylvania all seems to breath freedom and peace and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2020 8:33 PM

Thread closed due to the sudden death OP.

THE END.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 8:34 PM

PA is going to go blue. Last time all I saw were Trump signs. This time around it's split.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 8:36 PM

r1, I'd love to have a hit of that right now!

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 8:38 PM

Meh, there's still plenty of Trumpers but I think there's reason for cautious optimism

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 8:40 PM

Yes I live in PA. I didn't start seeing Biden signs until midsummer. In my area Trump signs outnumber them about 3 to 1, but i unfortunately live in one of the redder parts of the state. I see a lot of confederate flags, too.. People fly Trump flags off their vehicles. It's a fucking cult.

I'm pretty sure the state will go blue, thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 8:41 PM

Pennsyltucky or Pennsylvania? There is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2020 8:43 PM

I'm in PA, the "Pennsyltucky," very red portion. Today was the first time I saw Biden signs along my road (no doubt put there by campaign volunteers as none were in yards). Most of rural population where I am at still clings to Trump. The Facebook posts from his base are still rampant, and as R6 pointed out, a large truck with a Trump flag passed my house last week. However, I do know a few people that either refused to vote for Clinton or voted for Trump just because he was a Republican that are voting for/have voted for Biden. I received my mail-in ballot a few weeks ago so voting is very much underway.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2020 8:45 PM

I live in Pennsyltucky (Fayette county, Trumpiest of Trumpville) and I am surprised how many Biden signs I am seeing. There are still lots of Trump signs but there were almost NO Hillary signs last time.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote] Last time all I saw were Trump signs. This time around it's split.

I've seen the same amount this year.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2020 8:53 PM

[quote] I live in Pennsyltucky (Fayette county, Trumpiest of Trumpville)

Oooh, gurl, you have my sympathy.

I remember some article saying that like 60 percent of Fayette has a seventh grade education or less.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2020 9:00 PM

I live in Lancaster County and it's a mixed bag. Hershey is a lot of Biden/Harris signs. In the more rural parts of Lancaster county, it's mostly all Trump signs. In Lancaster city, which is way more diverse than the overall county and has a largely Democratic local government, I haven't noticed many signs either way. Lebanon county seems to be mostly Trump signs. The actual city of Lebanon, also much more diverse than the overall county, again, not many signs that I've noticed. The ones I have seen are mixed. I would say Dauphin County, overall, is more Biden/Harris, but Lancaster County, overall, is more Trump/Pence. I do believe, and hope, that Philadelphia, and to a lesser extent Pittsburgh, will swing the state blue, as it has done in every presidential election since 1988, except 2016.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2020 9:22 PM

Do the Amish vote?

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2020 9:23 PM

R13: Yes. Strongly Republican, unfortunately. Likewise, Mennonites.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2020 9:25 PM

In 2016 the Amish voted for Rutherford B. Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2020 9:27 PM

Addendum to R14: Anne F. Beiler, who founded Auntie Anne's soft pretzels (headquartered in Lancaster), and was born into an Old Order Amish family in Lancaster County--though they joined the Amish Mennonite church when she was a kid--gave a speech at the 2008 Republican National Convention.

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2020 9:38 PM

I live in a suburb of Philadelphia. It was 4 to 1 Biden lawns vs. Trump lawns. Now it's more evenly split. More Trump signs have been popping up lately, vs. the Biden signs that were already there.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote] Yes. Strongly Republican, unfortunately. Likewise, Mennonites.

Correct. That shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2020 12:15 AM

A shocking number of Trump signs - definitely more, bigger and mich more prevalent than 2016. I’m scared. I honestly have almost given up hope. I don’t understand who these people are - and how they could publicize their support. We live in different worlds - yet in the same county. Really really scary.

Just hoping that NY, CA, etc vote in such numbers that it’s at least clear there is massive popular vote against him - and a legitimate effort is made to kill this twisted electoral college BS.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote] Lancaster County, overall, is more Trump/Pence. I do believe, and hope, that Philadelphia, and to a lesser extent Pittsburgh, will swing the state blue,

Pittsburgh / Allegheny has been Democratic for the past 5 elections.

The only thing Philadelphia and the surrounding areas need to do is bolster the numbers since they have more.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote]Just hoping that NY, CA, etc vote in such numbers that it’s at least clear there is massive popular vote against him - and a legitimate effort is made to kill this twisted electoral college BS.

Not possible without ratifying the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2020 3:57 AM

[quote] Not possible without ratifying the constitution.

?

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2020 4:00 AM

You can't eliminate the electoral college without changing the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2020 4:27 AM

I live in N.W. Pa. There are a lot more tRump signs. To make myself feel better, I just assume that every house without a sign is voting for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2020 6:03 AM

I’m in western PA, which has been trending red in recent years aside from Pittsburgh. I see a lot more Biden signs than I saw for Hillary 4 years ago. I also think the Philly suburbs are spreading more blue in every election.

I’m confident that Biden takes PA.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2020 6:05 AM

Not from PA but wasn't Lancaster county incredibly repug in the past but has moved towards democrats?

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2020 6:12 AM

After this election is over can we please never talk about this godforsaken state ever again.

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2020 6:16 AM

Dump only won Pennsylvania by something like 45K votes.

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2020 7:01 AM

Is Conor Lamb's seat safe?

by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2020 7:12 AM

In 2018, Wolf won re-election as governor by 860,000 votes. Casey won re-election as senator by 660,000 votes.

PA is BLUE. Biden will win in a runaway..

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2020 7:17 AM

R29 the more important question is, is Conor Lamb's cock safe?

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2020 2:48 PM

Philly burbs here. Trump will win PA again.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2020 2:51 PM

Upscale suburbs, all I see are Biden/Harris signs.

by Anonymousreply 33October 18, 2020 2:53 PM

[quote] Philly burbs here. Trump will win PA again.

The collar counties of Filthadelphia are some of the most racist places in the country. I wouldn't count them as a statewide trend

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2020 2:57 PM

Suburbs here. A lot of Trump signs, some Biden/Harris. A lot of the social media chatter is pro-Biden though. I think the Biden supporters are being the “silent majority” this time and not advertising it with in-your-face signs like the Trumpers are.

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2020 2:58 PM

In 2026, there will still be people posting, "Hey, what about those Pennsylvania yard signs, huh?" and a few dozen people will reply with their own trenchant insight into the three signs they've seen over the last few months and what it all means.

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2020 2:58 PM

Same with R35. I live in the Philly suburbs (15 miles from center city) Biden signs outweight Trump signs by at least 4 to 1. I know this because I flip the bird out the window everytime I pass a Trump sign. I know-so mature.

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2020 2:59 PM

[quote]I see a lot more Biden signs than I saw for Hillary 4 years ago.

Clinton's campaign didn't distributed a lot of yard signs. The media picked up on it for a news cycle or two, saying it was an indicator of how she didn't care about everyday Americans.

Someone else once pointed out that it was Peggy Noonan who went yard sign crazy for Romney in 2012, which seems to have turned yard signs into permanent national political discourse now.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2020 3:00 PM

My husband is from Northeastern PA, near Hazleton and when we went to visit his parents last weekend, we noticed there were more Biden/Harris yard signs than there were Clinton/Kaine ones in 2016. Don't get me wrong, there were still lots of Trump 2020 signs but as someone said, if Biden can shave off some points there and some more points in other counties that went from Trump in 2016, that might add up to a win for Biden in PA.

by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2020 3:01 PM

* distribute, not distributed

by Anonymousreply 40October 18, 2020 3:04 PM

Even in 2016 Clinton won the counties surrounding Philadelphia r34.

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2020 3:05 PM

The story is Pennsylvania is the story of how Biden is different than Clinton. Clinton tended to poll in the mid-40s, Biden tends to poll 50+.

That's a massive electoral difference.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2020 3:06 PM

Am I wrong in thinking that there was a already a massive thread on this very subject that OP could have searched to his hearts content?

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2020 3:08 PM

R43, there are about 20 threads on the same subject, all started by two yard sign trolls. Maybe they have dementia.

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2020 3:12 PM

Philly area here. Delco has slightly more Biden signs, but Montgomery and Bucks are almost completely Trump.

It’s looking grim.

by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2020 3:15 PM

I was out in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh yesterday (Shaler, West Deer, Indiana Township, Gibsonia, Hartwood, Dorseyville, O'Hara), and I saw plenty of signs for Biden-Lamb-Shapiro. More than half, which is surprising in this area.

by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2020 3:21 PM

Hon, Clinton won Montgomery and Bucks r45. If Trump wins those counties I'll venmo you some money.

by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2020 3:31 PM

R45 - Actually I got the impression MontoCo was more blue this election. I've only seen a handful of Biden signs here in Bucks on private property. Everything else is all Trump signs. We also had a car rally here yesterday. They expected 5-700 cars to show up - the estimated final count from the police was 6700 cars. I posted about this on another thread. It was out of control crazy! Rally went from Newtown to Doylestown. Took 3 hours just to leave the starting point because it was all gridlock with cars.

Initially there were 10 staging areas in an office park off Newtown-Yardley road buy the NAC. We had 10 parking lots and they all filled up before 11 (the start time) then there were so many cars still coming in, there wasn't enough road in newtown boro for all the cars heading to the parking lots. Many just sat on the bypass off the I95 exit waiting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2020 3:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2020 3:33 PM

I took this while waiting off state street in Newtown heading towards the meeting point. "Sleepy Joe" is on the flatbed a couple cars ahead of me. Some peoples cars (and commercial sized trucks) were decorated like crazy!

This rally was massive. All in Newtown and Doylestown - Doylestown especially is one of the more liberal areas in the county, and PA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2020 3:35 PM

For some reason the person (or people, maybe) who talk a lot about PA yard signs always claim Trump won Bucks and a few other counties he lost in 2016. I don't know why, it's easy to look up.

by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2020 3:38 PM

R51 - we never claimed Trump won Bucks. Hillary won by a half percentage point in Bucks County.

I think Trump will win Bucks this time around.

I talk a lot about the yard signs (I'm one of the yard sign trolls) and I don't think anyone has said Trump won Bucks in 2016 - if they do, they are confused and don't live in Bucks

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2020 3:42 PM

The Bucks YST won’t talk about the thousands of counter protesters who showed up. He also won’t talk about the number of out of state cars. Doesn’t fit his delusions.

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2020 3:43 PM

[quote] Hillary won by a half percentage point in Bucks County.

Again easy to look up. She won by 0.8 pts, closer to 1 point than 0.5

[quote]I think Trump will win Bucks this time around.

Of course you do. How you delude yourself into thinking that Biden is somehow doing *worse* than Clinton in spite of all evidence is something for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2020 3:47 PM

Also, there were may 600 cars in the rally, not 6000. Like I said. Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 55October 18, 2020 3:51 PM

^maybe @r55

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2020 4:11 PM

Biden has zero enthusiasm. Hillary at least had "First Woman President" - I think Trump has more enthusiasm now behind him than in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 57October 18, 2020 4:16 PM

Well, it's not like he has any other good news to report, R55 / R56. All he has is yard signs and "ooh! massive car rally!" and "This one Republican pollster who has a strong Republican bias is giving me poll results I like!"

by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2020 4:17 PM

Um, R57, not only is there a lot of enthusiasm for Biden, there is even more enthusiasm *against* Trump. Turnout is way up and it's not because of support for Trump.

[quote]Sixty-seven percent of respondents said they are more enthusiastic about voting than usual, around the level reported in September 2008 and September 2004. High enthusiasm levels are bipartisan, with 80 percent of Democrats and 75 percent of Republicans both saying they are now more enthusiastic than usual.

It's from The Hill, which DL won't let me link to.

by Anonymousreply 59October 18, 2020 4:20 PM

R57, I couldn't disagree with more. I live in the most populous and most liberal part of PA (just guess) and there has been ENORMOUS support for Biden/Harris. Long lines every day to drop off ballots at ballot stations. we are only one city, but the largest and the rest of the state is indeed conservative but dwindling in population. Even the suburbs are very enthusiastically blue right now

by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2020 4:22 PM

I drive from GA to RI twice a year and I see more Trump crap in PA than anywhere else on the route (signs on barns, flags, etc.). I don’t really see that in GA, NC or SC and once you get into NJ it disappears. The last time I drove was in March.

by Anonymousreply 61October 18, 2020 4:26 PM

I have a friend from Scranton who said there are nothing but trump signs all over the place...he hates trump

by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2020 4:27 PM

"Even the suburbs are very enthusiastically blue right now"

They certainly didn't show all that Biden enthusiasm yesterday...

by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2020 4:28 PM

Our Yard Sign Troll also seems to forget the lessons of the past few years in Pennsylvania, including the 2018 election, where Democrats flipped a net total of 3 GOP seats (4 GOP seats flipped to Democrats; 1 Democratic seat flipped to the GOP).

[quote]They certainly didn't show all that Biden enthusiasm yesterday...

Nothing happened that counted yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 64October 18, 2020 4:30 PM

The Trumpsters are grasping at straws. They are indeed very loud, and I will give you the fact that they’re enthusiastic but there are far less of them in numbers than 2016. And I drive Bucks county every day. There are most certainly NOT more Trump signs this year. In fact, there are noticeably fewer.

by Anonymousreply 65October 18, 2020 4:34 PM

Would all the western PA folks just move to Alabama and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 66October 18, 2020 4:47 PM

Hah r66. Totally forgot to mention I was in Conor Lamb country last weekend visiting relatives, and saw virtually no Trump signs, but lots of Biden and Lamb signs.

by Anonymousreply 67October 18, 2020 4:51 PM

Driving around Delco today - the amount of Trump signs is scary. Waaay more than 2016. Who are these people? It is really shocking to see Trump signs in middle/upper middle class western suburbs. Just hoping Biden people are just showing class as usual.

by Anonymousreply 68October 18, 2020 9:43 PM

Just sayin', I'd never put a sign out advertising which candidate I endorse. In this climate, you never know what some kook will do. Someone embedded razor blades in someone's BLM sign that they place on their lawn so that if they took it down, they'd get cut. Which actually happened when they tried to move it to a different location on their property. Why take chances with these angry Trumpy lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 69October 18, 2020 9:49 PM

R68 I have not been in Delco for atleast a year, however they are suppose to be solidly blue this year. I don’t foresee that changing too much because from what I read republicans didn’t have as many new registrants there. I would be the first to say if I thought they could turn red - I just don’t see it. Maybe a bit more trump voters this go around but not enough to make a real dent in who wins that county.

by Anonymousreply 70October 18, 2020 10:05 PM

R68, I am in Delco ( Lansdowne Ave) right now. I am surprised by how many Trump signs I dont see. For ever y Trump I have seen at least 6 Biden.

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2020 1:38 AM

BucksYST is one of the most delusional people posting on DL.

by Anonymousreply 72October 19, 2020 5:16 AM

[quote] Driving around Delco today - the amount of Trump signs is scary. Waaay more than 2016.

Same.

by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2020 12:46 PM

I was visited friends who live near Grantville (outside Harrisburg) a few weeks ago. While there were a lot of Trump sides, I saw several billboards featuring Republicans voting for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2020 12:53 PM

I guess Delaware county is huge. Whenever I drive around it (I live in Delco) I see WAAAAYYY more Biden signs. WAY MORE.

by Anonymousreply 75October 19, 2020 4:15 PM

No R72, I'm not delusional. I was called every name in the book on DL in 2016 - yet on Election Day when PA was finally called and Trump won, I was proven right.

New Trafalgar poll of PA released today. showing Biden leading by only 1.1 percent. - MOE 2.96

by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2020 7:38 PM

trafalgar poll linked below. Its not on Nates site yet, but you can see it here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 19, 2020 7:48 PM

You mean the C- rated Trafalgar poll, R77? The one that consistently has Biden barely above Trump? NOTED.

by Anonymousreply 78October 19, 2020 8:24 PM

For the last five elections both candidates outperform their RCP polling avarege in at leat 1% point, but its mostly more than that. Biden has 48.8% as of today. If he outperforms by at least half a percentage point he wins.

Clinton never got over 47% in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2020 8:45 PM

I'd like to slap any Amish or Mennonite who voted for Trump. Following Christ and voting for Trump. Jesus will slam the pearly gates in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 80October 19, 2020 8:55 PM

It really is ALL about who turns out to actually vote. Lawn signs are an indicator of people who will make the effort to vote - so I think they are relevant. But my sense is the Trumpster whole modus operandi syncs well with lawn signs. Or as 2 people on my street - 8x10 banners with flag accoutrements. I saw one guy out there yesterday fixing his “display”. Sad pathetic - just looking for attention.

by Anonymousreply 81October 19, 2020 8:56 PM

Stop peddling RCP.

PA is IMPORTANT bot not as much if Biden flips Arizona (very likely) and NC and/or Georgia. I would put my money on NC.

by Anonymousreply 82October 19, 2020 8:59 PM

PA is important.

Hard to imagine winning Arizona but losing PA.

The backbone of Biden's victory has always run through WI, MI, and PA. Everything else is possible gravy on top.

by Anonymousreply 83October 19, 2020 9:05 PM

R78 - Nate may rate them a C-, but they were the most accurate pollsters in 2016 and 2018.

I'll take accuracy over Nates "rating" any day.

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2020 9:08 PM

R83, No, one can win AZ and lose PA completely different demo. In fact this reflects the changing demographic in each state and the shifting electoral maps. In fact if Biden loses PA somehow, he just needs to win AZ and take one of of NE-2 or ME-2 to get himself across the finishing line.

But I do agree that PA is important and better win it.

by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2020 9:11 PM

What do you think the pollster ratings are primary based on r84? Its not what pollsters 538 likes, its accuracy and reliability.

You can't pick and chose, Nate looks at everything they have polled. They are frequently terrible like showing Kemp with a 12 pt lead in Georgia. Kemp won by 1 point.

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2020 9:18 PM

R84, Trafalgar you’ve repeated ad nauseam how Trafalgar was right in 2016, but you realize 2018 was a blue blowout, right?

by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2020 9:41 PM

Obviously one too many Trafalgars at r87.

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2020 9:41 PM

Restoration PAC is a right wing polling group hired by Trafalgar.

This supposed Trafalgar accuracy is bullshit. They get credit for calling PA right in 2016, but were off more than pollsters who thought Hillary would win. Trafalgar called for a 4-5 pt. Trump win, and it was about 1.

BuckyYST, the gay independent who must love the way trump shits on all minorities, loves Trafalgar because it’s the only pollster who gets Trump’s dick hard.

by Anonymousreply 89October 20, 2020 7:00 AM

7,000 new Trump signs went up overnight. My neighbor’s Trump flag fucked a Blue Lives Matter flag and gave birth to 7,000 baby Trump flags. Then Hillary and Nancy Pelosi snatched a child right off of the streets of Bucks County for their pedophile ring and Governor Wolf stood by and did nothing except force the child to wear a mask. I don’t know but it looks like Trump will win PA in a landslide. I can’t find my house behind all the Trump signs.

by Anonymousreply 90October 20, 2020 9:48 AM

I live in a small neighborhood in Center City, Philadelphia and practically every other house has either a Biden sign or something homemade like painted pumpkins and seashells with Biden’s name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 20, 2020 10:24 AM

I haven’t seen any Trump signs in my neighborhood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 20, 2020 10:26 AM

I take that back, I have seen one sign with Trump’s picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 20, 2020 10:27 AM

All that said, I know my neighborhood isn’t representative of the whole city, South Philly and the Northeast are both all about Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 20, 2020 10:33 AM

> my sense is the Trumpster whole modus operandi syncs well with lawn signs. Or as 2 people on my street - 8x10 banners with flag accoutrements. I saw one guy out there yesterday fixing his “display”.

A few times a month I drive past a house in Montgomery that had four Trump yard signs, two white ones and two blue ones, they also had a large red banner draped over a car. One day I noticed the blue yard signs disappeared, a short time later the white ones were gone and then some time after that the banner/flag disappeared; this all happened over a period of a month. I doubt this is theft because of the location and there are two other houses with Trump signage and no Biden signs that I’ve noticed.

by Anonymousreply 95October 20, 2020 10:45 AM

Oops, formatted the quote for reddit, not DL

by Anonymousreply 96October 20, 2020 10:46 AM

LOL @ R94. There should be a disclaimer to "We believe: science is real" (except when it comes to trans)

by Anonymousreply 97October 20, 2020 10:50 AM

Bright red here in Pennsyltucky as usual (Juniata, Mifflin counties, one of the most conservative areas of the state). Guy down the road painted his entire barn in Biden / Harris and keeps it illuminated all night, definitely pissing off the locals. He's brave, I'm half expecting the barn to be up in flame 3am Nov 3. Apart from him and a few scattered houses, it's nothing but Trump signs and lots of them. Lots of the tiny-dick massive pickup trucks driving around with Trump and American flags mounted to the bed which is a new development. Trump flags appearing on overpasses and uninhabited roadside areas.

Sparsely-populated compared to PHL and PGH, but they are completely in his thrall here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 20, 2020 10:55 AM

Aaaand I just realized what kind of site I randomly chose to upload that photo to. *facepalm*

by Anonymousreply 99October 20, 2020 10:58 AM

what i want to really know is what PA ground feels like?

by Anonymousreply 100October 20, 2020 11:02 AM

The vast majority of repubs are silent. They don't go to rallies, don't answer polls or post signs. Here is why:

Repubs think Dems are merely dumb, but harmless--like children

Dems think Repubs are evil and dangerous

by Anonymousreply 101October 20, 2020 11:03 AM

PA will probably go to Trump again sadly. I hope I’m wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 102October 20, 2020 11:12 AM

R100, the soil of Pennsylvania has been blessed with richness and mystical life-giving qualities by none other than our Lord and Savior, the Reverand-Doctor President Donald J. Trump! His benevolent light infuses our soil and rejuvenates our people, but just the white ones in the country and none of those mask-wearing, child-raping DemonCrats. I am an unbiased source of useful information!

by Anonymousreply 103October 20, 2020 11:56 AM

We'll see what happens, but I believe PA will go red.

I decided to be a poll watcher. Signed up yesterday. This should be interesting. I have poll training scheduled next week.

by Anonymousreply 104October 20, 2020 2:18 PM

PA will be close. Hence Biden needs AZ and flip one more state.

by Anonymousreply 105October 20, 2020 2:19 PM

R23, that’s not what R19 said. Jesus. Reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 106October 20, 2020 2:29 PM

[quote]I decided to be a poll watcher.

For what campaign? For Biden?

by Anonymousreply 107October 20, 2020 2:57 PM

I think both.

by Anonymousreply 108October 20, 2020 4:14 PM

Posts like R19 are very curious. Pennsylvania is a large state with a diverse population. It’s actually a lot more nuanced than just the cities vs. the rural counties. Some spots have been solidly, reliably red for decades, others are more bellwethers.

So it’s very curious when someone posts breathlessly about seeing “shocking” numbers of “bigger” Trump signs than 2016 in their neck of the woods, but don’t bother to say where they actually live.

by Anonymousreply 109October 20, 2020 5:49 PM

Poll watchers are affiliated with campaigns or parties. You don’t sign up with “both.” Troll.

What the hell are you watching if you’re there for “both?”

by Anonymousreply 110October 20, 2020 5:51 PM

Like R110 said, poll watchers are associated with a specific candidate or party.

[quote]Each poll watcher must be provided with a certificate from the County Board of Elections, which states the poll watcher’s name and the name of the candidate, party, or political body he or she represents.

[...]

[quote]Each candidate may appoint two poll watchers for each election district in which he or she appears on the ballot. Each political party and political body which has nominated candidates on the ballot may appoint three poll watchers for each election district at any general, municipal or special election in which the candidates of such party or body are on the ballot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 20, 2020 8:01 PM

Hey troll at R110

You are wrong. You sign up below by submitting a form, and then the county election office contacts you to set up training. I was contacted within a few days of submitting my info. I am registered with the independent party. I may not be working in my exact district but I will be working within my county.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 20, 2020 8:55 PM

r108 is not me - not sure who r108 is.

by Anonymousreply 113October 20, 2020 8:56 PM

It’s pretty bad that Biden may lose his own state.

by Anonymousreply 114October 20, 2020 8:58 PM

I'm not YST, I was referring to something else.

by Anonymousreply 115October 20, 2020 9:24 PM

Biden is not losing PA.

Casey won the Senate by 13 and Wolf won the governorship by 17. In addition, Dems swept all the statewide races in 2018.

PA is blue.

by Anonymousreply 116October 21, 2020 7:14 AM

I put up most of the Trump yard signs in Pennsylvania myself, without asking the homeowners.

Most of them got torn down, but the ones with wooden stakes DO feel better up your ass if you sand them down first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 21, 2020 7:28 AM

Remember, Bucks County YST is a right winger who pushes lies about Russiagate.

by Anonymousreply 118October 21, 2020 11:40 AM

He also counts the signs in his head.

by Anonymousreply 119October 21, 2020 12:41 PM

It comes down to Philly. Philly suburbs to be exact.

by Anonymousreply 120October 21, 2020 12:54 PM

Philly suburbs are all blue. The key will be GOTV. I drove through Bucks to drop off my ballot and there are a 5 minute wait just to get to the box (not early voting, which is a two hour wait, and had a long line). I went through middle, working and upper class neighborhoods and was shocked by the lack of Dump signs. I know four years ago there was much more. In fact, Biden had more signs!

by Anonymousreply 121October 21, 2020 1:01 PM

^ was a 5 minute...@r121.

by Anonymousreply 122October 21, 2020 1:03 PM

"It’s pretty bad that Biden may lose his own state."

Trump is certainly losing his.

by Anonymousreply 123October 21, 2020 1:04 PM

Everybody wants to talk about 2016, but polls were very accurate in PA in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 124October 21, 2020 1:06 PM

If Trump wins and then fails to reveal himself as Q will his followers tear him to pieces in a frenzied rage like the end of the Bacchae?

by Anonymousreply 125October 21, 2020 1:47 PM

Odd - in Delco I am definitely seeing more Trump signs than 2016. My sense is they are people who were too embarrassed to admit it in 2016 - but they are fired up this year. The size and accessorizing with flags is way beyond 2016.

by Anonymousreply 126October 21, 2020 2:06 PM

R121, if you and the Bucks Co. Yard Sign Troll ever met, you'd cancel each other out in a puff of smoke.

by Anonymousreply 127October 21, 2020 2:09 PM

PA has so many Trump signs, they'll surely override Biden's 6% lead among Pennsylvania voters.

They're yard signs, after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 21, 2020 2:30 PM

I think a lot of people are afraid to place Biden signs ..they fear retribution by insane cult members.

by Anonymousreply 129October 21, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote]in Delco I am definitely seeing more Trump signs than 2016

Delco varies between townships and boroughs though, Ridley Township has more Trump signs than Biden signs while Radnor Township is the opposite. Driving thru Morton & Springfield it practically varies from block to block, I’ve noticed that blue collar neighborhoods have more signs for Trump, Pete Gaglio and Robert Smythe but as the houses get bigger you see more Biden Harris signs.

I saw my first Josh Shapiro sign in Montco. yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 130October 22, 2020 12:21 PM

R121

Sure Jan.

Your 5 minute stint in Doylestown Boro does not represent the Tsunami of trump signage throughout the county.

by Anonymousreply 131October 22, 2020 12:27 PM

[quote] in Delco I am definitely seeing more Trump signs than 2016

Same.

by Anonymousreply 132October 22, 2020 1:30 PM

R118 - I have not posted any "Russiagate" stuff at all. I pretty much stick to PA threads and a couple others.

Now, back to PA, the topic of this thread - take your Russia BS propaganda elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 133October 22, 2020 1:55 PM

It was no five minute stint, r131. I spend most of my time in Bucks. You on be other hand spend most of your time in your head and in 2016, where there are millions and millions of Trump signs.

by Anonymousreply 134October 22, 2020 2:04 PM

Bucks County YST at R133 above:

[quote]R118 - I have not posted any "Russiagate" stuff at all. I pretty much stick to PA threads and a couple others.

Bucks County YST posting at R36 in the linked thread:

[quote]Its come out this week that Hillary created the entire Russia narrative out of thin air and Obama knew - like WTF - we've had to endure that bullshit for 4 years - and it was all created by her - F That

Just STFU, you stupid QAnon troll. You’re probably not even in the US, let alone Bucks County. Fucking LIAR.

Why would anyone believe a Trump supporter on a gay website trying to claim ANYTHING??

by Anonymousreply 135October 22, 2020 2:11 PM

Sorry, linked thread, check out R36:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2020 2:12 PM

R135 - thats not "Russiagate" stuff - it came out that russiagate was a hoax - created by Hillary.

Thus, There is NO RUSSIAGATE

As Van Jones said in 2016 - its one big "nothing burger"

He was right.

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2020 3:11 PM

And btw - does anyone know how big Obamas speech in Philly was yesterday.

I'm hearing reports of only 200 people (40 cars)

I can only find 2 things of footage - clearly you guys can direct me to footage from his big crowd, yes?

Here is what I found. Looks empty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2020 3:12 PM

Looks kinda empty here - even with the narrowed in photo trying to make it look bigger.

Hmm... We had massive more of a showing for Trumps car rally - and he wasn't even in town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 22, 2020 3:14 PM

And R135 - I've been here since 2005.

Guess what - just because someone is gay doesn't mean they must vote Biden.

Yes I'm in Bucks - if you also live in Bucks you would know by what I post (down to details of the county) that I actually live here. Muriel can see my IP - which is in located in BUCKS.

You're probably posting from China.

by Anonymousreply 140October 22, 2020 3:16 PM

Bucks YST is triggered! Probably posting from Russia.

by Anonymousreply 141October 22, 2020 3:24 PM

I'm R36 over here and for a second I thought you were calling ME the YST for a second.

But yes, he's the #36 on the linked thread, he's been writing these enormous pro-Trump screeds for a few weeks now. Sounds like he's panicking.

by Anonymousreply 142October 22, 2020 3:29 PM

I said "for a second" twice at R142 because I was so thrown by the accusation!

by Anonymousreply 143October 22, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote]I have not posted any "Russiagate" stuff at all. I pretty much stick to PA threads and a couple others.

You've posted both that the Russia thing never happened and was a hoax, and that the coronavirus is just the flu and is a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 144October 22, 2020 3:31 PM

Ludmilas and Nikolais are having sleepless nights these days.

by Anonymousreply 145October 22, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote]thats not "Russiagate" stuff - it came out that russiagate was a hoax - created by Hillary. Thus, There is NO RUSSIAGATE.

In other words, you lied when you said that you hadn't posted about "Russiagate." What's even better is that your posts about "Russiagate" were themselves a lie, as your statement about Hillary is 100% false. Not just false, but stupidly, provably, idiotically false.

You really should stop posting, as all you manage to do is keep digging that hole deeper and deeper. You are not only pro-Trump and pro-Republican, you are posting far-right crap that doesn't even pass the laugh test, like how Donald Trump really saved millions of lives in the current pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 146October 22, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote]Hmm... We had massive more of a showing for Trumps car rally - and he wasn't even in town.

Yeah, because comparing a multi-hour drive-by (that you exaggerated six-fold) is exactly the same as a public speech that followed appropriate safety precautions. Not to mention that the photo you linked encompasses such a small portion of the event that you have absolutely no idea how many people showed up.

Like I said, you really should stop posting, as all you manage to do with each post is further embarrass yourself.

by Anonymousreply 147October 22, 2020 3:36 PM

To add, r147, the number of cars for Obama’s rally was limited due to the fact that they were inside the stadium.

by Anonymousreply 148October 22, 2020 3:47 PM

R144 you are lying. I never posted COVID was a hoax!! My aunt got it early on in April, and I've also already had it. I posted about her having it before.

My Aunt is 66, works in a nursing home. She was sick for 5 days - she recovered with no lasting effects. THEN she tested positive again for it in June - asymptomatic that time around.

Stop lying.

My posting history shows I've posted 401 replies. If all you have is the one blurb I wrote upthread - One sentence in a paragraph - about the Russia thing coming out as being from the Hillary Campaign - that's far from "posting Russia conspiracy stuff" one sentence in one paragraph in ONE post, out of 401 posts.

You're embarrassing yourself. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 149October 22, 2020 4:05 PM

[quote]You're embarrassing yourself. Enough.

LOL.... Oh, the irony....

by Anonymousreply 150October 22, 2020 4:10 PM

Oh, and you're still lying, dear, as you also wrote:

[quote](Its come out this week that Hillary created the entire Russia narrative out of thin air and Obama knew - like WTF - we've had to endure that bullshit for 4 years - and it was all created by her - F That)

What's pathetic is that not one word of that is true, and you're just not smart enough to know it or to know just how mindbogglingly stupid that statement is. Not to mention how mindbogglingly stupid it is to base an election prediction on "yard signs."

A classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 22, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote]Muriel can see my IP - which is in located in BUCKS.

Muriel is just a figment of our imagination.

by Anonymousreply 152October 22, 2020 4:15 PM

I’m sure Muriel’s top priority is you, r140, and making sure you’re safe and snug in good old Bucks County.

by Anonymousreply 153October 22, 2020 4:37 PM

Delco/Main Line here, also. It's not about the Philly burbs as much as it's about the black voters in Philadelphia- and to a lesser extent Pittsburgh- showing up and voting. Those numbers are badly needed to overcome the Pennsyltucky Trump votes. I hope Kamala Harris is enough to get those voters to the polls in Obama-like numbers. There is certainly enough of a get out the vote effort in Philly to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 154October 22, 2020 4:50 PM

R121 Here

I took this from my car as I drove to Bucks to drop off my ballot.

Here I am passing through Doylestown. See - BIDEN signs are everywhere!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 22, 2020 5:16 PM

Of course, r155 is not r121. R155 is the yard sign troll, dreaming that someday, somewhere, blue Doylestown will love him like Donald does.

by Anonymousreply 156October 22, 2020 5:23 PM

^ Good looking out, R156. You are telling the truth, of course (due, in part, to the fact that you posted R121, not R155/the BucksYST). Why R155/BucksYST would try lying about something that is easily verifiable or disproved isn't well understood. I suppose it lends credence to the accusation that BucksYST is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 157October 22, 2020 10:31 PM

Biden is toast in PA. Just admit it.

by Anonymousreply 158October 22, 2020 10:33 PM

Agree it’s ALL about getting minorities to actually vote. Turnout is the key. And all those kids who felt it was so important to get out of the house during Covid to protest better get their asses to vote on the only day that really matters.

by Anonymousreply 159October 22, 2020 10:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 22, 2020 10:45 PM

That was yesterday, R160.

by Anonymousreply 161October 22, 2020 10:47 PM

If Dump and pals are so sure to win in PA, why are they doing illegal shit like this in Philly?

Winners don't need to cheat. LOSERS cheat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 22, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote]Pennsylvania is a large state with a diverse population. It’s actually a lot more nuanced than just the cities vs. the rural counties. Some spots have been solidly, reliably red for decades, others are more bellwethers.

It comes down to the suburbs. Trump is not doing well with suburban women, and he's not doing well with college-educated voters. Some streets and even households are split right down the middle.

by Anonymousreply 163October 24, 2020 12:14 AM

Biden will win PA by 8.

by Anonymousreply 164October 24, 2020 5:13 AM

Oh, Pennsyltucky. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 24, 2020 2:19 PM

I'd put my money on Biden winning PA by 5-6 points r164.

But yes, I don't think it is going to be super tight.

by Anonymousreply 166October 24, 2020 2:23 PM

You guys know that PA had elections here 2 years ago, right???

Wolf & Casey led in the polls SO BIG that they barely had to campaign. They both ended up winning comfortably (+17 Wolf, +13 Casey).

Elections are more accurate than yard signs.

by Anonymousreply 167October 24, 2020 3:52 PM

Hi Guys-

Update - Biden was in Bucks County today at the Community College in Bristol (Lower Bucks)

Tons of supporters showed up - unfortunately for him, most of them weren't HIS supporters. How embarrassing.

Also Biden has a car rally today in Doylestown. However they decided last minute that they would only allow 40 cars to attend by invite only. I guess they don't want to be embarrassed. Let's get real - who knows if they can even get 40 cars to attend. I'll post video if I can get some.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 24, 2020 7:27 PM

Oh I forgot to add - Biden was so embarrassed by the Trump people at HIS event today (and the pathetic turn out of Biden supporters) he decided to call Trump supporters "chumps" - Classy, Joe.

So much for wanting to be a "president for everyone"

by Anonymousreply 169October 24, 2020 7:31 PM

lol.

Chumps 4 Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 24, 2020 7:43 PM

BucksYST, you forgot to mention that Trump trash blew their horns and air-raid sirens during his drive in town hall. Sounds pretty "chump"-ish, champ. #KKKlassy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 24, 2020 8:03 PM

Once again, the yard sign troll lies out of his mouth. The Biden event was a closed event. There were no tickets to be had because they didn’t offer them. Even people working on the setup (like me) couldn’t get in. And while there were a bunch of Dump supporters, it was the usual gang of idiots. Many were from out of town and all of them were ugly. Unlike Biden supporters, they have no qualms about protesting and standing next to each other without masks. That tells you their IQ level.

by Anonymousreply 172October 24, 2020 8:03 PM

You're right r171 - I did forget. Looks like they started honking their horns as they arrived - good for them!

by Anonymousreply 173October 24, 2020 8:06 PM

oh and r171 - he wasn't having a town hall - he was there for 10 minutes with Jill. Only a couple dozen or so attended - including local democratic officials which accounted for half the attendees. . It wasn't like a normal town hall where he answered questions (god forbid he does that...)

by Anonymousreply 174October 24, 2020 8:07 PM

Bucks troll, take a look at these numbers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 24, 2020 8:11 PM

It was invitation only r174. Unlike the bloviator in chief, he doesn’t need the adulation of crowds for his self confidence. He cares about whether they’re safe. And he’ll be the president-elect on Nov. 4, having won Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 176October 24, 2020 8:17 PM

The Bucks troll doesn’t believe in numbers or science, r175. You’re wasting your time. He thinks the group that yells the loudest is the biggest. He’s in for a big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 177October 24, 2020 8:19 PM

New Gravis poll of Pennsylvania (Breitbart's pollster)

Biden +7

by Anonymousreply 178October 24, 2020 8:23 PM

This is Breitbart’s pollster. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 24, 2020 8:25 PM

Comment twins, r178!

by Anonymousreply 180October 24, 2020 8:26 PM

R175 - I am aware of those numbers. Bucks is actually one of the lowest voter return rates.

As I posted either upthread here, or on another thread - we are having issues with stolen ballots in Bucks. Basically Ballots mailed are including the secrecy envelope and the return envelope - but not the actual ballot. The adhesive has been messed with on the mail - like you can tell it's been opened and tampered with then resealed (without the ballot). We have several cases that I know about at this point. All I know is people have reported this to the DA, and he did assign a detective to investigate. I don't know how widespread it is in other counties, I just know of instances of it here in Bucks. I don't know what will come of it. Its definitely shady.

I am sure when ACB is confirmed monday, they will be refiling their cases with the supreme court - in regards to the one deadlock case (about voter extensions/postmarks) as well as the most recent case of signatures not needing to match.

Everyone is well aware that PA is prime for voter fraud. I wonder if Bucks return rates are so low because of the ballot stealing thats been happening - who knows? It just seems off.

by Anonymousreply 181October 24, 2020 8:35 PM

Bucks rates are low because the ballots were sent out very late. People in surrounding counties had already received their ballots for a few weeks before Bucks mailed theirs. Many are still waiting for the ballots to be processed even though they’ve been turned in (like me—I dropped mine in an official location last Tuesday).

by Anonymousreply 182October 24, 2020 8:46 PM

Yes, r181, I expect Dump to throw everything including the kitchen sink when he loses. He’s a terrible loser, we all know that.

by Anonymousreply 183October 24, 2020 8:47 PM

When a troll starts a sentence with "Everyone knows", you know you're about to read some bullshit

by Anonymousreply 184October 24, 2020 9:10 PM

Ok - Doylestown Biden car rally was not today. I got the days messed up.

It is tomorrow. Only 40 cars allowed to attend - they still have some openings left. Sounds like it will be another embarrassment for them to still have invites/tickets left.

I may go over with a friend tomorrow.....to check it out. if so I will post pics.

by Anonymousreply 185October 24, 2020 9:23 PM

Please do, r185. All the more we will laugh at you on Nov. 4.

by Anonymousreply 186October 24, 2020 9:47 PM

BucksYST/R185, R181, R174, etc.: I will likely regret asking this, and might get shit from others for even posing the question(s), but what the hell, it's after 2:30 AM Sunday in PA right now and I can't sleep, so enlighten me: just out of "morbid" curiosity, would you explain to the class why, exactly, you are a Trump supporter, and a Republican, in general? Why do you dislike Joe Biden--as a person and his politics & policies--and the Democratic Party, as a whole? Also, are you a gay man? And if you are gay, do you have no objection to how the GOP has historically treated gays, lesbians & bisexuals? Do you not care that, given the opportunity, the Republican Party will strip gay people (countdown to someone quoting those three words and saying "pics please! TIA") of any right(s) for which we fought decades, and for which we have to continue to fight, because the religious right views us as less-than-human, all in the name of organized religion, "family values," "morality" and social conservatism? If you take the time to explain your position, I'll take the time to read it. I won't agree with you/it, but that's life. If you don't care to explain why you are a Republican posting on a gay message board where 95% of posters are Democratic, at least centrist Democrats and certainly with a good percentage of progressives and liberals, then please do kindly fuck off. Now, I shall anxiously (okay, that part is a lie) await your response.

by Anonymousreply 187October 25, 2020 6:42 AM

This BucksYST is a piece of work. I wish it was a piece of theatre , because so much of it is hilarious and ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 188October 25, 2020 6:43 AM

R187, great post.

I don’t know if he’ll answer your questions even if he responds. He’s getting battered on here but seemingly lives in another universe where republicans care about gay people...or should I say people in general.

by Anonymousreply 189October 25, 2020 6:46 AM

Does Bucks ever point out that a lot of Democrats in more rural areas don't put out signs because we don't feel like getting shot by some little militia fucker driving around in his pick-up shooting at Democratic signs? Trump has given these people free reign and they know it. The myth of the shy Trump voter is just that- a myth. But there are plenty of what people might call shy Biden voters.

Also, the asshole farmer who has covered his field in Trump signs and flags gets the same number of votes I do. One. He just has a bunch of signs. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 190October 25, 2020 6:59 AM

Biden is toast in Wisconsin too r158. Trump is going to win in a blowout.

by Anonymousreply 191October 25, 2020 8:02 AM

R191 Good afternoon Svetlana

by Anonymousreply 192October 25, 2020 8:10 AM

Thanks, R189. I appreciate you not calling me a piece of shit cunt for even daring to ask a Republican why they hold the beliefs they do. Unfortunately, several members of my family are Republicans, so I know some of them can be otherwise decent people, overall, but for whatever reason--and you hit the nail on the head about caring for others--it's always about them & theirs, I & me; as long as I get mine, fuck everyone else. And that is especially true if the others have brown or black skin (or anything but white, really), and doubly so if they're immigrants who aren't white. For the majority of Republicans, it's never about helping others, or the greater good; it's all about their personal freedom(s) & liberties, their rights, and often their bigotry & the right to hold & express that bigotry unchecked & unchallenged. And, of course, the never-ending desire to ban abortion, no matter how early in a pregnancy; regardless if the fetus is viable or not; regardless if the mother's life is at risk if she carries to term; it's not the GOPs concern if the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest, etc. You cannot abort. That's murder! You're killing a beautiful, innocent child! Of course when I point out that a fetus is, in plain terms, parasitic and cannot survive without its host before a certain point, it's an abomination to even think that way, even if it is the truth.

I'm a medical professional and I had a patient, a woman in her 40s at the time, trying to get Social Security Disability Insurance for fibromyalgia, polyarticular osteoarthritis/polyarthralgia, depression & anxiety, and a few other, minor diagnoses I can't recall. After being denied by SSA about five times over an eight year period or so, for both SSDI & SSI (eventually her work credits expired, so she no longer qualified for SSDI and had to switch to applying for SSI), she finally exclaimed loudly in one of my exam rooms, "This is such bullshit! All these fuckin' illegals coming here get on disability right away when they haven't worked a day in their lives! I worked full-time for over 30 years [that was a lie, I've seen her work history] and I can't even get a lousy $771 a month (if I recall correctly, that was the 2019 SSI maximum monthly payment)! As a white American who was born here & lived here all my life, I should get help before anyone else! Thank god Trump will put a stop to this shit and I will finally get my money that I am entitled to after paying into the system for years." I was shocked she said it out loud; not that she felt that way--I'd guess many Republicans do--but that she would actually vocalize it in a professional medical setting to a primary care provider. Needless to say, even after 4 years of Trump, that selfish bitch still hasn't gotten a cent from the federal government. Haha! She's lucky I'm not the provider who filled out her disability medical forms or I would guarantee she never gets it.

by Anonymousreply 193October 25, 2020 10:09 AM

R190, you’re exactly right. I live on the border of Philly and Bucks, and I don’t put out signs or anything. In fact, a lot of people who support Biden feel that way. Dump has energized the basest parts of evilness in our society. I need to protect my home and car. The YST scoffs at that—but has he seen was Dump has said lately?

by Anonymousreply 194October 25, 2020 3:04 PM

Rally/drive by Trump insanity at Route 1/202 intersection on Friday evening. This area is way more hardcore Trump than in 2016. In 2016 it was angry, closeted support. Now it is full fledged, out of the closet, “it’s ok to be racist” Trump-flag waving mania. These people have been radicalized. There is no embarrassment over anything he does - and now an increasing alignment with the hard right wing component of his politics.

Is this is supposed to be the core of a Biden win - the Philadelphia suburbs - I would say it’s lost. It’s way worse than 2016.

by Anonymousreply 195October 25, 2020 4:02 PM

R195, like you said—these people are now out of the closet. These are his hard core base. The ones that were lukewarm in 2016 are gone. Every Philly surrounding county went blue in 2018. Not sure if what you’re citing is Chester or Delaware, but the quiet ones are not voting for Dump.

by Anonymousreply 196October 25, 2020 4:17 PM

R195 I live in New Jersey. This weekend we had a big Trump car parade, there has been no equivalent Biden rallies. Biden is still going to easily win New Jersey by a huge margin.

by Anonymousreply 197October 25, 2020 4:18 PM

Everybody keeps talking about big car parades for Dump. I look at this like yard signs. They’re absolutely no indication how people will vote in a certain area. Biden has encouraged small rallies and social distancing, but strong tv ads and social media buys. That’s how he rolls.

by Anonymousreply 198October 25, 2020 4:22 PM

I'm not sure why Trumpers think Biden supporters would want to replicate their caravans. We've been out on the streets, protesting peacefully. We've been gassed, beaten and taken away without due process by Billy Barr's buddies. Now, we're voting, phone banking, donating, talking to people who haven't voted before or recently, helping organize rides for people to get to the polls, and TAKING COVID SERIOUSLY.

But, enjoy your parades. It's your right to do and I'm honestly glad you all are having fun. These are stressful times for all Americans.

by Anonymousreply 199October 25, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote]I look at this like yard signs. They’re absolutely no indication how people will vote in a certain area.

Which is why the various yard sign trolls are getting so much shit here, not to mention a ton of derisive laughter. Of course such things don't "predict" anything. They never have. And every losing campaign everywhere has always said the same shit: "Just look at the enthusiasm of my voters!" "Look at the size of my rallies!" "Look at the number of yard signs!" "There is a silent majority out there just waiting to vote for me!" And 99 times out of 100, it's a crock of shit.

The foremost yard sign troll here has nothing but wishful thinking to offer, just as he had nothing but wishful thinking to offer in 2016. In 2016, thanks to Comey, the New York Times, the laptop, and "but her emails!!!" in the last 10 days of the election, Trump eked out a narrow victory and, like the stopped clock that is correct twice a day, the yard sign troll became absolutely convinced he called it and that he's a political genius.

Will Trump win again? Nobody can say for certain, as there is still over a week to go and a lot can happen in a very short time, as we saw in 2016, but the odds right now are very much against it.

Here is one thing I am absolutely certain of: even if Biden wins Pennsylvania by 10 points, the yard sign troll will learn absolutely nothing and will be back here again in 2024 talking about how the yard signs and car rallies he's seeing are even bigger and bolder than they were in 2016 and 2020!

by Anonymousreply 200October 25, 2020 5:30 PM

[quote]Bucks rates are low because the ballots were sent out very late. People in surrounding counties had already received their ballots for a few weeks before Bucks mailed theirs. [bold]Many are still waiting for the ballots to be processed even though they’ve been turned in[/bold]

Based on comments in the linked Reddit post Delco appears to be having similar issues, voters who live in the same household who dropped off their ballots at the same time have a different status.

[quote]Also been hearing a lot of this kind of issue, including within households. Unfortunately there is just inconsistency in when the ballots get scanned as received. I delivered mine in person, and it didn't show up as received until ten days later.

[quote]The databases that are publicly are also not always 100% up to date. They are run by the Department of State, which gets information from each county. There are often delays in information getting from the county election offices to the DOS, so the databases aren't always completely current.

[quote]At this point there's no reason to conclude you're being lied to. Like I said, it's absolutely valid and important to cast a provisional ballot in case you don't see your ballot marked as received by election day. The overwhelming likelihood here is just that your ballot hasn't been marked received yet because the board of elections is overwhelmed with mail votes and struggling to keep up, not that someone is trying to sabotage the vote. And even if they were, going in on Nov. 3 to make sure you get a ballot in one way or the other is the best thing you can do to push back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 25, 2020 10:32 PM

R187 - sorry busy day and I'm just now catching up on this thread.

I've answered this question already on a couple other PA threads - so I'm not going to be as detailed as I was in my previous responses - do a search if you like.

Trump has his flaws, but he's done some good. Just because I am gay does not make me a one issue voter - who has that luxury in todays times?

I believe Trump is much better to handle our economy. I do not want higher taxes, I do not want our country to head into communism, I do not want us pandering to China. Biden is attached to Obama , and they has the slowest economic recovery after the 2008 housing and credit crisis. Who needs to deal with that again? I certainly don't - but if you all do - enjoy that.

I do not want to continue to embrace a party that now decides it's better to erase history instead of learn from it. The left has gone too extreme, and I do not want a President Harris. I certainly don't want Biden/Obama 3rd Term.

I know I like to post pics here or links to how things look on the ground here in Bucks - but for those of you who are not visual learners:

1973. Biden enters politics

1974. 1975. 1976. 1977. 1978. 1979. 1980. Wait for it. 1981. 1982. 1983. 1984. 1985. 1986. 1987. 1988. 1989. 1990. 1991.

Stay with me...

1992. 1993. 1994. 1995. 1996. 1997. 1998. 1999. 2000. 2001.

Almost there ...

2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015. 2016. 2017. 2018. 2019. 2020.

Now he’s ready to fix America?

C'mon man, are you guys crazy?

by Anonymousreply 202October 26, 2020 12:30 AM

[QUOTE] This area is way more hardcore Trump than in 2016. In 2016 it was angry, closeted support. Now it is full fledged, out of the closet, “it’s ok to be racist” Trump-flag waving mania. These people have been radicalized. There is no embarrassment over anything he does - and now an increasing alignment with the hard right wing component of his politics.

Wait, I thought this was the year of the “hidden Trump voter” too embarrassed to admit that they support the President? Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 203October 26, 2020 12:33 AM

R187 I am not a republican

I've been here since 2005, a refugee from the TWoP days.

Now you go and Fuck off..

by Anonymousreply 204October 26, 2020 12:34 AM

R195 - route 1 and 202? MontCo?

by Anonymousreply 205October 26, 2020 12:35 AM

NJ here. In my area it's all Trump signs. I do not see Biden signs. Even on the the poshest residential streets.

But on TV , network and cable, there is a constant barrage of campaign ads for Biden. Few for Trump in comparison. And the Biden ads are very well done.

So, we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 206October 26, 2020 12:46 AM

[quote]route 1 and 202? MontCo?

I’m not R195 but that’s Glen Mills/Chadds Ford in Delco.

by Anonymousreply 207October 26, 2020 12:51 AM

R202: If you are, in fact, a gay man, you should have genuine fear & concern over the Republican Party's policies, both historically and what they would do if given the opportunity, on gay rights. The fact that you do not speaks volumes about the type of person you are, in my opinion. That's not being a one-issue voter. That's being a reasonable person who has empathy and care for others. It is realizing & accepting that a group of people's human & civil rights should trump (no pun intended), or at the very least be equal to, your economic concerns.

How you believe Trump is better equipped to handle the economy, just based on his business record, is baffling to me. As for taxes, unless you're wealthy, Joe Biden's tax plan, from what I've read, isn't considerably different from what you pay in taxes now. If you make more than $400,000 annually, you probably should pay more in taxes. Particularly for my geographic location (Lancaster, PA) and its cost-of-living, I am probably considered upper middle class since I have a white collar job, hold advanced graduate degrees and earn a lower six-figure salary per year. I am likely in the extreme minority here, but my personal philosophy on taxes has always been: if the government needs my money more than I do, and it's going to help others less fortunate than I am, then they can have it. As long as I can pay my bills and live comfortably, money is not the most important thing to me. Also, that slow recovery in 2008: who, exactly, caused that financial crisis? It certainly wasn't Obama/Biden. I seem to recall it was, as usual throughout history, Republicans. Even if everyone agreed with you that it was a slow recovery, I would rather be known for a slow recovery than causing the crash in the first place.

I do agree with you that some on the left have gone too extreme. I, myself, am a Clinton/Obama Democrat, i.e., fairly centrist. However, the extreme left is not the mainstream. They're just a very vocal minority. I would be perfectly happy with a President Harris and/or a Biden/Obama third term. How was your life so terrible under President Obama and Vice President Biden? And how is the United States headed in Communism, exactly? Another Republican scare tactic. Also, this "erasure of history" shit is so tired. For example, removing statues to the Confederacy, who were traitors of the United States, is not erasing history. You can still read all about them in history books, encyclopedias, Wikipedia, countless websites, learn about them in history class, etc. If black people dislike looking at statues of people who owned, and/or fought to continue to own their ancestors, why is your "respect" for history and desire to not "erase it" more important than their desire to not look at statues commemorating it? Once again, Republicans are all about I/me: I don't want to "erase" history, so tough shit to the black people if they don't want to look at a statue of a Confederate Army General. And I say this as someone who really does not care either way; I'm not Southern nor am I black, so it doesn't affect me directly and my opinion doesn't really matter.

Lastly, why is it necessarily a bad thing for someone to have been in politics a long time? Since when is experience a bad thing? Particularly after four years of Trump, I would think people would value political experience, not view it as a negative. All that said, since neither of us is going to change the other's mind (I don't know about you, but I certainly wasn't trying to), I appreciate, at least, you taking the time to reply to my post, even if I still think most of what you said is bullshit. However, are you a bit bipolar? How do you reply like a semi-normal person with typical Republican talking points at R202, and then at R204 say you're not a Republican? Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 208October 26, 2020 4:35 AM

Oh, look, there’s Bucks YST at R202 with all his crock of shit lies.

Can you guys count as many dog whistles in that post as I did? Sure sounds like some white grievance to me, which I didn’t really hear in his posts before this.

No sense going into detail about Obama saving us from a near Depression when Bush ran the economy into a ditch. Bucks doesn’t listen. He LAUGHINGLY doesn’t want us to head into communism, but has no problem with Dictator Donnie leading us into fascism.

I don’t expect your being gay to b3 the only issue you vote on. Fact is, it doesn’t seem to matter to you at ALL.

You’re an embarrassment.

I also have to roll my eyes when he says Democrats want to erase history. Why? Because we take down statues of Confederate generals who betrayed the United States while owning slaves? THAT’S your history, BucksYST? You do know that the Germans don’t keep up statues of Hitler because they need to remember history. God, you cannot be this fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 209October 26, 2020 4:43 AM

In between Philly and Pitts, Pennsylvania is West Virginia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 26, 2020 4:57 AM

Anyone from Pennsylvania, you ask?

My ancestors were from Elk Lick but they fled to Ohio around 1810.

I know. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

When you Google Pennsylvanians with our last name you hit the mug shot jackpot.

They're all Trumpers even the ones in the slammer.

by Anonymousreply 211October 26, 2020 5:56 AM

Fellow Pennsylvanians: Did we see/hear the Fascist-in-Chief threaten to withhold aid from PA/Governor Tom Wolf at his rally in Allentown today, because Gov. Wolf didn't bend over backwards to provide Trump an event space in which to hold his rally? After all, as we well know by now, Trump needs to hold as many rallies as possible so that his sycophants can lap up all his lies while idolizing him and his bullshit, so watch out if you get in the way of his cult's adulation of him. Otherwise he starts to remember 70% of the country fucking hates him with the heat of a thousand suns and he'll throw a hissy fit. I bet BucksYST's clit got hard when he heard what Trump said.

[quote]"So Tom Wolf, next time give us a little notice, governor, Trump said Monday at the Allentown rally appearance, claiming “your governor made it almost impossible for us to find any site” for the event. “And I’ll remember it, Tom. I’m going to remember it, Tom. ‘Hello, Mr. President, this is Gov. Wolf, I need help, I need help.’ You know what? These people are bad.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212October 26, 2020 11:34 PM

I can’t wait for Dump to lose and face the prospect of no one ever returning his calls again.

by Anonymousreply 213October 26, 2020 11:38 PM

Took this pic on the way home tonight.

I was actually surprised to see this. He lives a couple streets down from me. In 2016 he had a massive Trump display out front. Huge Trump flags (before they were popular like this year etc) But this year I didn’t see anything. I assumed he wasn’t voting for trump this year despite clearly voting for him in 2016.

Clearly, I was wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 27, 2020 12:41 AM

Y'all gloat a lot.

by Anonymousreply 215October 27, 2020 1:07 AM

R214 is a perfect example. It’s like Trump signs are the lawn project for undereducated manual laborers who are angry and want to show how tough they are and how little they care about your opinion.

I had a Trump guy come to my door today in Philly suburbs. He left immediately before I could give him an earful.

by Anonymousreply 216October 27, 2020 3:02 AM

R214 is proud of someone d3corating their home like a Vegas whorehouse?

Of course he is.

by Anonymousreply 217October 27, 2020 4:41 AM

R217 I just hadn’t seen anything like it before. He actually has a really nice house - I just cropped the pic in a lot to not show the house.

R216 I would have left too , where in the philly area are you?

by Anonymousreply 218October 27, 2020 12:50 PM

Looks like the Gates of Hell to me, Bucks.

But, I suppose if Anusmouth wins then he'll put something similar up on the terrace of the White House for his supporters. Won't that be klassy?

by Anonymousreply 219October 27, 2020 1:38 PM

Here is Biden talking in Bucks County Saturday.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone watching this - after 4 years this is the best they could come up with?

It's actually sad. His family shouldn't be putting him through this. It's understandable why he's being kept in the basement..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 28, 2020 12:14 AM

R220 But there was none of that during the 2 debates.

by Anonymousreply 221October 28, 2020 12:22 AM

ROFL.... Oh, you poor thing, R220. Is that really the best you could come up with? I love how you continue to deny that you're a Republican but then you do nothing but parrot rabid right-wing talking points that bear absolutely no resemblance to reality.

by Anonymousreply 222October 28, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote]Now he’s ready to fix America? C'mon man, are you guys crazy?

I'm sorry but do you really, genuinely not know just how incredibly stupid that argument is, R202? That it doesn't warrant anything but derisive laughter? I don't know which is worse: that you're dumb enough to think that's a valid argument, or that you think we're dumb enough to buy that drivel. And speaking of drivel....

[quote]Biden is attached to Obama , and they has the slowest economic recovery after the 2008 housing and credit crisis. Who needs to deal with that again? I certainly don't - but if you all do - enjoy that.

See, here's the data you're ignoring:

1. Compare the last few years of Obama's term with the first few years of Trump's (even before the pandemic). Guess who has the better economic record? (Free clue: his last name didn't begin with "T".)

2. Obama inherited an economy in free-fall, hemorrhaging hundreds of thousands of jobs every month and with a $1.2 trillion deficit. He cut the deficit by 2/3 and brought the economy back, with a much better jobs record than Trump.

3. Trump, on the other hand, inherited a terrific economy, an economy that was doing well in almost all measures. And then did nothing to improve it other than let it continue. The best you can say about Trump is that he didn't manage to fuck it up. Until 2020, of course.

4. Trump's tax cut package provided no economic benefit; instead, it has been adding a couple hundred billion a year to the deficit and will raise taxes on the lower and middle classes in a few short years. That bill will come due and when it does it will come with an economic cost.

5. Trump didn't do shit for the economy, which is why people like you cannot actually point to any legislation or policy with an actual impact.

6. Trump's trade wars raised prices for everyone. We are paying for those tariffs and are getting no benefit at all.

7. Trump hasn't been able to negotiate any real trade deals, other than some minor tweaks to NAFTA, after both Mexico and Canada declined the more ridiculous requirements from both Pence and Trump.

8. And, finally, Obama had to deal with Mitch McConnell, who absolutely refused to vote for any bill or policy that would actually help the economy. And Obama *still* managed to do well, despite that interference.

In short, and as usual, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 223October 28, 2020 12:34 AM

r221 - in the second debate he lost his steam at 60 minutes - when he was looking at his watch.. He kind of went downhill from there, messed up the fracking thing, but his speech wasn't as slurred as it was Saturday - he almost sounds drunk. He's certainly incoherent.

Are they giving him adderall or some other type of stimulant? With adderall the effects kick in at about 30 to 60 minutes. The peak occurs two to three hours after taking the pill and it is suppose to last around 4 to 6 hours - who knows when they gave it to him, and also how much they gave. He could be on other meds that can interact with it, which could minimize the duration of the drug.

It makes zero sense that he can get through the first hour of a debate - and then look at him stumble so much on his campaign trail speeches. He did take 4 days off before the actual debate - so who knows what he was on in preparation for the debate. Fortunately only a couple dozen people showed up to watch him speak, but still...he certainly isn't with it.

He looks like he has the symptoms of alzheimers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 28, 2020 12:34 AM

[quote]he almost sounds drunk. He's certainly incoherent.

You do understand that we can see the video, that we watched the debate, and that we know you're lying, right?

[quote]Are they giving him adderall or some other type of stimulant?

No, that would be Trump.

[quote]It makes zero sense that he can get through the first hour of a debate - and then look at him stumble so much on his campaign trail speeches.

That's because the "stumble" is pretty much in your head, not in reality.

[quote]He looks like he has the symptoms of alzheimers.

No, actually he doesn't, as you would know if you knew anything about Alzheimer's. You really are a poor excuse for a human being, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 225October 28, 2020 12:37 AM

What a crock of shit, r224. Besides everything else in your post, Adderall would NEVER hide the symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer’s.

by Anonymousreply 226October 28, 2020 12:38 AM

all the honking and noise in the background at the video R220 is Trump supporters.

He doesn't get a crowd.But I guess thats a good thing (for him) since he sounds so ...incoherent and drunk.

by Anonymousreply 227October 28, 2020 12:40 AM

That's pretty much par for the course for that troll, R226. He's getting desperate.

by Anonymousreply 228October 28, 2020 12:40 AM

Okay, I've had it. Trump was NOT in Allentown on October 26th! The media are lazy, labeling every burg or city in the Lehigh Valley as "Allentown" (Thank you, Billy Joel, who couldn't find a rhyme for "Bethlehem Steel")!

Trump was, in fact, in Hanover Township, a suburb of the city of Bethlehem in Northampton County, mentioned on MSNBC as THE county in THE state for the determination of this election. IOW, we are "purple."

Though bordering on too late, Team Biden needs to get either him or Kamala here. Joe just went to Bucks County, which is almost in the Philly Zone even though it is the contiguous county south of Northampton County. Enough!

Close is no cigar! The GD POTUS got here!

by Anonymousreply 229October 28, 2020 1:11 AM

R202, You have zero knowledge of what Communism is.

You have zero understanding of China's role in the world economy, and her near-hegemony on vital Rare Earth Ores.

You have no knowledge of how Obama-Biden rescued our economy after Dubya squandered the Clinton one.

You are sadly ignorant for a person who makes over $400,000 a year (Biden Tax Floor).

by Anonymousreply 230October 28, 2020 1:40 AM

R224?

Has Joe recently confused Michigan for Minnesota?

Has he spoken of covfefe? Forgotten the words to the Pledge of Allegiance? Made up stories of tough men in tears calling him "Sir"? Praised our "hydrosonic" planes? Referred to "Nambia"? Palled around with Jeffrey Epstein? Married a nude-model immigrant escort? Said there were "good people" in a Neo-Nazi protest group that murdered a woman?

Snorted out white chunks of...?...while speaking? (Hint: Rhymes with "Badderall".)

Continues to lie about .....well, everything, because he's a sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 231October 28, 2020 1:51 AM

Trumpers are cultists, pure and simple. They’re programmed like robots by Fox News and kept in line by the rest of the cult. Sick fucks all of them, but the gay/black/woman trumpers are by far the worst. Traitors.

by Anonymousreply 232October 28, 2020 2:00 AM

R202 is a proven troll, ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 233October 28, 2020 2:01 AM

Posts disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 234October 28, 2020 2:13 AM

R231 - I'd say lying about doing business deals with the CCP and having Hunter as his bag man...pretty much makes him a security threat to the country.

That and his dementia.

When he loses the democrats will only have themselves to blame.

by Anonymousreply 235October 28, 2020 4:14 AM

thanks r233 for reminding me to ignore YOU.

How is life in China? How much do they pay you?

by Anonymousreply 236October 28, 2020 4:15 AM

BucksYST must like Trump’s anti-women speeches on the stump. It’s laughable that someone can criticize Biden for ANYTHING when he’s supporting a human shit stain like Trump.

Bucks uses projection just the way Trump does. When he accuses Biden of something, you KNOW that applies to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 237October 28, 2020 6:01 AM

Yup I got tired of seeing the inane drivel from Bucks YST so I put him on ignore too. His projection is epic—almost as much as his sweetie pie, Dump.

by Anonymousreply 238October 28, 2020 12:10 PM

I guess I don't understand why you guys keep engaging him. He's told you who he's voting for and he's said what he's said. Why waste your energy arguing with him? No minds are being changed here.

by Anonymousreply 239October 28, 2020 12:27 PM

Of course, you’re right, r239. It’s certainly de-smelled this thread. I’ll unblock him when Biden wins Pennsylvania but he’ll probably disappear.

by Anonymousreply 240October 28, 2020 12:32 PM

PA now a toss up.

by Anonymousreply 241October 28, 2020 12:35 PM

According to what poll, r241?

by Anonymousreply 242October 28, 2020 12:40 PM

Come on, r241, you were on minutes ago. You can’t cite a poll and you’re ignoring r242’s post. You know that nothing has changed significantly in PA.

by Anonymousreply 243October 28, 2020 12:53 PM

NW PA Look what I saw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244October 28, 2020 2:31 PM

and it's right next to this one. I am in a very red county.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 28, 2020 2:31 PM

Interesting article about the philly burbs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 28, 2020 3:05 PM

I just put up my Biden/Harris yard sign last night. My street is about 50/50 at this point. It was mostly Trump signs at first, but lots of new Biden ones going up over the last week.

by Anonymousreply 247October 28, 2020 3:59 PM

Keep up the heat on right wing chaos troll BucksYST. He’s clearly unraveling. The meltdown will be fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 248October 28, 2020 4:27 PM

PA is going to be decided Blue.

HRC, for all her brilliance and PA roots, didn't have Scranton Joe's common touch.

by Anonymousreply 249October 28, 2020 7:07 PM

Trump will be in upper makefield tomorrow (bucks county) for a private policy speech (kind of like a rally) it’s on private property/residence so only 1000 people are invited... including yours truly.

It will be fun!

Enjoy your weekend, bitches,

I know I will!

by Anonymousreply 250October 31, 2020 4:25 AM

R248 - you wish.

by Anonymousreply 251October 31, 2020 4:26 AM

I'm going to fuck the biggest, wettest Trump banner in my county and keep it overnight! The owner will think it was just a Halloween prank.

How many votes would a 24-hour, missing banner cost?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252October 31, 2020 4:48 AM

Latest:

Donald Trump: 48%

Joe Biden: 46%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 31, 2020 5:01 AM

That poll is 5 days old, r253, not exactly the latest. A Quinnipiac poll from Thursday has Biden up by 7 points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 31, 2020 5:21 AM

Yes, enjoy the weekend, r250. You won't enjoy the following one.

I like the way the Upper Makefield Republicans FB portrays Biden as an inveterate liar, as though Trump is any kind of truth-teller.

by Anonymousreply 255October 31, 2020 9:11 AM

We'll be celebrating a Trump victory next weekend dear, as you cry angry tears.

by Anonymousreply 256October 31, 2020 9:43 AM

One of us will be right, r256.

by Anonymousreply 257October 31, 2020 9:18 PM

Here bitches, I took this video This morning just for you.

Jared is in car 1 Trump is in car 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 31, 2020 9:26 PM

I love watching the BucksYST melting down. It's sad but it's also completely entertaining. Carry on with your breakdown BucksYST. LOL

by Anonymousreply 259October 31, 2020 9:40 PM

R259 why on earth would you think I was “melting down”

Are you crazy?

We are in the final stretch and the energy and enthusiasm is off the charts! It’s pretty amazing to be a part of it. I’ve never seen anything like it before.

by Anonymousreply 260October 31, 2020 9:45 PM

“We are in the final stretch and the energy and enthusiasm is off the charts! It’s pretty amazing to be a part of it. I’ve never seen anything like it before.“

I have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 31, 2020 9:52 PM

[quote] [R259] why on earth would you think I was “melting down”

I'm not r259, but maybe because you thought there was something impressive about that video? Just a guess.

[quote] We are in the final stretch and the energy and enthusiasm is off the charts! It’s pretty amazing to be a part of it. I’ve never seen anything like it before.

Hmmm. Where were you in 2016 when Dump had far more supporters than he has today? (though never a majority of Americans)

by Anonymousreply 262October 31, 2020 9:54 PM

Yes, d260, we know Trump has supporters, millions of them.

God wants them to keep attending rallies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 31, 2020 10:10 PM

To r260.

by Anonymousreply 264October 31, 2020 10:10 PM

This is r260’s idea of “enthusiasm.” Criminal activity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265October 31, 2020 10:13 PM

R262 compare my video to a Biden video- enough said.

Trump has people screaming And cheering for him like he’s a damn rock star.

Biden? Crickets.

by Anonymousreply 266October 31, 2020 10:19 PM

I wonder if they’d yell as loud if they knew he wore Depends...

by Anonymousreply 267October 31, 2020 10:26 PM

Why isn't that considered an assassination attempt? Where is AG Barr? FBI Director Wray?

This is ASTOUNDING criminality! Terrorism!

Sorry, but there are no decent Republicans. If they were decent, they wouldn't BE Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 268October 31, 2020 10:29 PM

R266, Screaming idiots do not necessarily a victory make.

by Anonymousreply 269October 31, 2020 10:30 PM

R267, And shoe lifts, and a hard-palate prosthetic, and a girdle, and veneers, ....

by Anonymousreply 270October 31, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote] [R262] compare my video to a Biden video- enough said.

I have. Biden's videos actually impress me with the care he and his staff take not to become covid super spreaders.

[quote] Trump has people screaming And cheering for him like he’s a damn rock star.

So what? You don't get extra votes for being loud. The fact that the handful of hardcore Trumpies who remain still show up for rallies and scream their dopey faces off doesn't mean Trump is going to win reelection.

by Anonymousreply 271October 31, 2020 10:42 PM

Quiet confidence is always preferable to loud screaming.

by Anonymousreply 272October 31, 2020 10:47 PM

A handful? You must be talking about Biden’s crowds.

Trumps crowds are in the thousands. He had 4 events today - thousands at each event.

Biden can’t even fill a elementary school cafeteria.

by Anonymousreply 273November 1, 2020 1:06 AM

LOL.... We do have some of the dumbest trolls on the Internet, don't we?

by Anonymousreply 274November 1, 2020 1:12 AM

On Election Day eve Trump is going to hold an event where he grabs the pussies of female supporters in Bucks County. I really think that’ll tip the scales in his favor! Especially if he really gets in there and snatches away some hair.

by Anonymousreply 275November 1, 2020 1:17 AM

R273, And Biden/Harris supporters aren't croaking from Covid-19 transmitted at their rallies.

So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 276November 1, 2020 1:19 AM

Poor Joe, all alone in his basement...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277November 1, 2020 1:30 AM

[quote] A handful? You must be talking about Biden’s crowds. Trumps crowds are in the thousands. He had 4 events today - thousands at each event.

"Thousands" is a handful in terms of the size of the electorate as a whole, most of whom feel no need to attend a rally for their candidate of choice. Again, the fact that Trump has a little cult of noisy and stupid fangurls who will come out to swoon over him even during a pandemic does not mean that he's popular with Americans in general (have you seen his approval ratings?) or is going to win the election.

[quote] Biden can’t even fill a elementary school cafeteria.

As you perfectly well know, Biden isn't trying to fill an elementary school cafeteria because he'd rather not sicken and kill attendees.

by Anonymousreply 278November 1, 2020 1:36 AM

That's pretty funny, r277.

by Anonymousreply 279November 1, 2020 1:37 AM

Yeah about those rallies: A new study has been released on the impact of Trump's rallies on the spread of the virus.

[quote]We investigate the effects of large group meetings on the spread of COVID-19 by studying the impact of eighteen Trump campaign rallies. ... we conclude that these eighteen rallies ultimately resulted in more than 30,000 incremental confirmed cases of COVID-19. Applying county-specific post-event death rates, we conclude that the rallies likely led to more than 700 deaths....

R278 has it exactly right, of course: rally size doesn't mean jack shit. As for "enthusiasm," all you have to do is look at the polls, the early voting stats, and the donations. Democrats are winning in all three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280November 1, 2020 1:20 PM

It would be ironic if Trump lost the election by the number of Trump rally attendees he’s hospitalized or killed. They all wanted to vote Tuesday, those votes aren’t nailed down yet.

by Anonymousreply 281November 1, 2020 1:23 PM

Ironic, hilarious...same thing.

by Anonymousreply 282November 1, 2020 1:27 PM

Latest poll?

by Anonymousreply 283November 1, 2020 1:35 PM

Speaking of spreading COVID to your supporters at your rallies in battleground states....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284November 1, 2020 1:46 PM

That Springsteen My Hometown ad is really good. Best of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 285November 1, 2020 1:48 PM

BucksYST is truly pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 286November 1, 2020 4:21 PM

Bucks Troll was so disappointed that Clinton managed to win their county in 2016, can't wait to rub it when when Biden wins it. They can go 0/2.

by Anonymousreply 287November 1, 2020 4:25 PM

Let him live in his daydream fantasies, r286. He’ll wake up Nov. 4 realizing that, due to his low IQ and utter cluelessness, he’s been epically wrong about everything.

by Anonymousreply 288November 1, 2020 4:25 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 289November 1, 2020 4:25 PM

R287 I wasn't. I was shocked she won by only a half percentage point! She was suppose to win by much more..

Biden will be in Doylestown at 3... for a trump rally...

It's a busy day here - even in the rain. Lots of fun though! Enjoy your day at home in your bubble, fevershly checking DL...

by Anonymousreply 290November 1, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote] Enjoy your day at home in your bubble, fevershly checking DL...

Lol. He does have a point there.

by Anonymousreply 291November 1, 2020 6:03 PM

Pot, meet kettle, r290.

by Anonymousreply 292November 1, 2020 6:08 PM

So, Joe Biden is bringing Lady Gaga with him to Pittsburgh tomorrow for his Election Eve campaign event. Is this a good idea for Scranton Joe? People didn't respond well last time to Beyonce with Hillary...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293November 1, 2020 6:46 PM

I'm pretty sure you predicted Trump winning Bucks in 2016 r290.

You definitely have this year (see r52), so I plan on pointing that out when Biden wins Bucks.

by Anonymousreply 294November 1, 2020 7:19 PM

Last week I drove to a rural area in Berks county about 8 miles outside of Reading and was surprised by how few Trump signs I saw, and even saw a Biden sign. 4 years ago it was a see of Trump signs and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 295November 1, 2020 8:55 PM

R295, Kutztown and environs are totally Trump. Signs like "Jobs, Not Mobs" and about Antifa, Socialism, Communism, etc. But then, Berks is a rural county.

by Anonymousreply 296November 1, 2020 11:37 PM

We don't need Lady Gaga, God love her (as Joe would say). Who relates to her?!

by Anonymousreply 297November 1, 2020 11:38 PM

R294, that's interesting you think that. I. I didn't think Trump would win Bucks in 2016... but I knew something was WAY off. Thats how the yard sign thread started here on DL! I remember they kept saying Clinton was up by massive margins in the Philly burbs. I linked the article below, showing results from the Franklin Marshall poll. it's from August 2016 - saying Clinton was up 40 points in the philly burbs. With Trump only getting 20 percent of the suburban philly vote. And I thought to myself - wow if they are predicting such a landslide for Hillary here - where are the yard signs? It didn't make any sense. Hence the whole yard sign discussions started! I never thought she would win Bucks - but I knew something was off. The fact she ended up wining Bucks by a half percentage point was jaw dropping - considering they were anticipating double digit lead in the burbs by Election Day.

Yes, I do think Trump will win Bucks this go around. And PA as well - if I am wrong, I am wrong - but I'm wiling to put it out there.

Today was crazy! Even in the rain rallies and events were all over. I participated in a few. I'm cold and still damp from the rain - but damn I had a blast!This is so much more than 2016 - the energy! These events are not planned by the Trump campaign. They are organic. I think the shutdown actually created all of this. I don't mean it in the case of people being upset by the shutdowns - yes they are...but its more than that. Think about it - bars are closed, sports events are TV only - you can't attend -, kids don't have much activities (where parents would go with them on weekends) - so people have nothing much to do.....most entertainment is closed hence, they are using their energy on things like this - car rallies, trump events, trump rallies etc. Instead of going to an eagles game on the weekend, or a bar in the evening - they can't - so they are doing Trump stuff!

The energy FROM these events has become somewhat contagious. I am seeing this happen so much more in the past 2 weeks. You are seeing more support everyday on the ground here. Some people are coming out of their shell - the more support they are seeing on the ground, it sort of gives them that extra nudge to show their own support if that makes sense. More yards are popping up with yard signs every day. It's pretty amazing to see.

When you think about it - yesterday I was 5 feet from The President of the United States, 3 days before the most important election in my lifetime, and perhaps the history of this country. I was right in front of him! It's a moment I will never forget in my entire life. No matter what happens, I had a blast the past few weeks. I've made so many new contacts and new friends, - and had so much fun doing it. I didn't do these things in 2016. The pandemic definitely changed the last several months of my life - but in many good ways that have definitely outweighed the bad.

Whatever happens Tuesday, happens. If Biden wins, I will have to find a way to accept it. Can you say the same for yourselves if Trump wins? Will you spend another 4 years miserable, bullying people who didn't vote for your candidate of choice? Will you be able to attempt to understand that there is an entire world out there, filled with different people of all backgrounds and class structure - all of whom can teach you something in big ways or small? You just need to take the opportunity by taking a break from your computer, to go outside and explore it. Get yourself out of that bubble and allow yourself to have fun!

Life shouldn't be about doom and gloom no matter who wins - it's too short.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298November 2, 2020 3:33 AM

I'm in Texylconsin and I just had 96 miles of Trump trucks. Felt so good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299November 2, 2020 3:35 AM

[quote] yesterday I was 5 feet from The President of the United States

I cannot imagine anything grosser than being 5 feet away from Trump, except for being less than five feet away from him. Could you smell the shit in his Depends?

[quote] Will you spend another 4 years miserable, bullying people who didn't vote for your candidate of choice?

I've never "bullied" a Trump supporter nor do I know anyone who has; meanwhile, the Trumpests of the world have been behaving like angry sore losers for four years even though their candidate won. God knows what they'll do when he loses on Tuesday, but I can guarantee you it will involve violence. Already we've seen them try to run a Biden bus off the road and menace likely Dems waiting in line to vote, all openly encouraged by Dear Leader and Donny Junior.

[quote] Get yourself out of that bubble and allow yourself to have fun!

A) Did it really take a Trump rally coming to town to make you realize that leaving your home can be fun? That's pitiful. B) What's the most fun part of a Trump rally for you anyway? It is contemplating four more years of a POTUS who condones and encourages white supremacists? Or maybe it's the thought of hundreds or thousands more children being ripped away from their parents and locked up in cages? (Really clean ones, though! At least on the days there's a photo op!) Perhaps it thrills you to think of another 200,000 or 500,000 or maybe even a million Americans dying of covid? Or better yet, there's the thrill of knowing that you yourself might be spreading the coronavirus around—or standing five feet away from someone who is—as you prance in the rain with your fellow Trumpies? Gee whiz, what a wholesome good time!

by Anonymousreply 300November 2, 2020 3:58 AM

[quote] If Biden wins, I will have to find a way to accept it. Can you say the same for yourselves if Trump wins?

We already know the answer to that.

by Anonymousreply 301November 2, 2020 11:58 AM

[Quote]Can you say the same for yourselves if Trump wins?

Well duh, we have been living this hell for four years already. We've already had to accept it.

[Quote]Will you spend another 4 years miserable, bullying people who didn't vote for your candidate of choice?

Yep. I'm well aware there is a world out of there of Trump supporters. Doesn't mean I have to like them. If you honestly think Donald fuckin Trump belongs in the WH I'm not going to respect you. I could still respect a McCain voter or a Romney vote but Trump is not the same. Period.

by Anonymousreply 302November 2, 2020 12:01 PM

If Dump wins, we will endure it while hoping he strokes out while he he praises himself and his dictator BFFs or insulting decent people, just like the last four years. But we'll be doing that while thousands of Americans due from COVID that didn't have to, millions more are permanently sickened from side effects from it and millions upon millions are left without insurance after Dump's bitch, The Handmaid, takes away the ACA.

Or maybe my partner and I will be in a cage, this time around. After all, if Dump gets a second term, why would he stop with caging brown children? Why not the gays, too? After all, to many Trumpers, I too am an "undesirable".

by Anonymousreply 303November 2, 2020 12:25 PM

[quote] I could still respect a McCain voter or a Romney vote but Trump is not the same.

You should read old Datalounge posts on them. Shows a different story.

by Anonymousreply 304November 2, 2020 12:37 PM

[quote]Yes, I do think Trump will win Bucks this go around. And PA as well - if I am wrong, I am wrong - but I'm wiling to put it out there.

And we're supposed to be impressed by that? What you're not willing to do is actually learn, as in learning the difference between wishful thinking and actual data, or learning how ridiculous it is to base an election prediction on "yard signs" and "car rallies." Here's my prediction: your refusal to learn will continue, regardless of the outcome of the election.

[quote]The energy FROM these events has become somewhat contagious.

Oh, give me a fucking break. There is nothing "contagious" about seeing the same group of idiots out every week.

[quote]Can you say the same for yourselves if Trump wins? Will you spend another 4 years miserable, bullying people who didn't vote for your candidate of choice?

"Bullying people"? We're "bullying" you because we, quite correctly, point out that you're a fool? This isn't "bullying," by any reasonable definition of that term. Get a grip and get a life.

[quote]Will you be able to attempt to understand that there is an entire world out there, filled with different people of all backgrounds and class structure - all of whom can teach you something in big ways or small?

Oh, the irony....

by Anonymousreply 305November 2, 2020 1:49 PM

I fucked a Trump yard sign and now it's pregnant with my little baby Trump signs! I can't wait to be a father! Donald Trump looked at me! I'm special!

by Anonymousreply 306November 2, 2020 1:51 PM

R298, Please point out an example of Democratic bullying. I'll wait.

Maybe on a highway blocked by the genteel Trumptards truckers.

You were 5 feet from Trump? Good. I hope his disgusting Adderall and Covid-19 spittle reached you.

by Anonymousreply 307November 2, 2020 3:18 PM

R298, The alleged "energy from these events" isn't as "contagious" as the Covid-19 cases from these rallies!

by Anonymousreply 308November 2, 2020 3:53 PM

Our resudent Bucks troll keeps the uplifting stories from us.

Line of people determined to fix their mail ballot errors and make sure their vote is counted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 2, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote] Line of people determined to fix their mail ballot errors and make sure their vote is counted.

How?

by Anonymousreply 310November 2, 2020 8:15 PM

Final *Rasmussen* poll of PA is Biden +4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311November 2, 2020 10:06 PM

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a liberal and I've been "bullying"Boris for 4 years.

It's all because he spams Fake News, bullshit and strawmen on DL all day first. He started it.

We even got Huntergate and PedoHunter posts like we got Pizzagate in 2016. It's the most despicable, right-wing slander and libel.

If you don't want bullying and disrespect, don't pee on our legs and tell us it's raining!

Especially in a Moscow Ritz-Carlton Hotel room!

by Anonymousreply 312November 2, 2020 10:19 PM

Here's how Trump can still win:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 5, 2020 4:49 AM

Ha, r313. Those Dems are so corrupt, relying on VOTES to decide who wins an election! Why didn't we just count yard signs and rally-goers? And award double points for every brave soul who got covid at a Trump rally?

by Anonymousreply 314November 5, 2020 4:55 AM

Guys, has anyone SEEN BucksYST?? I'm so worried about him. Should we file a missing persons report?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315November 5, 2020 11:33 AM

Maybe he's got a temp of 103 and a dry cough....

by Anonymousreply 316November 5, 2020 11:37 AM

I'm sure the BucksYST is waiting for the final votes to be counted in Bucks County so that if Trump wins Bucks he can come back here and say that he was right. Unfortunately for him with 17ish percent of mostly mail-in votes still left to count/report, I think he's going to be hiding for a while.

by Anonymousreply 317November 5, 2020 11:58 AM

Yup r317–Biden is now ahead in Bucks, with the mail in ballots still being counted and going heavily for Biden (80-20 percent). Poor BucksYST. He’ll have to take down the 10,000 lawn signs he has in his yard.

by Anonymousreply 318November 5, 2020 12:10 PM

Sorry all - too much going on and I don’t have time to be on DL.

See my post at r181 for reference

I will only say this - for months you have once again been grossly mislead by the polls. I hope you stop believing all those BS polls. So far Trafalgar has been the most accurate as I’ve stated numerous times.

And Nate At 538 can go fuck himself. I hope after this he gets out of the polling business.

by Anonymousreply 319November 5, 2020 12:13 PM

Unless the Inquirer website has old numbers, Dump is still ahead by 3,214....but as you said R318, that lead will be gone today. Ah, the salty taste of MAGAt tears....I'll enjoy them.

by Anonymousreply 320November 5, 2020 12:14 PM

R320 the AP live coverage is showing trump ahead by roughly 175k votes. Bucks is still showing red. It said it was last updated at 8:20 am.

Not sure whose numbers are right

by Anonymousreply 321November 5, 2020 12:22 PM

R319,who gives a shit about Trafalgar? They picked Dump to win!

by Anonymousreply 322November 5, 2020 12:22 PM

Bottom line. Yard signs don’t mean jack shit. Now, remind me what the title of this thread is?

by Anonymousreply 323November 5, 2020 12:24 PM

Trump sang Pennsylvania's praises until the vote count started rolling in. Now he's accusing Philly, as well as other cities, of fraudulent vote counting.

Mark my words, when he is officially declared the loser of this election, he's going to go on a vengeful campaign to do whatever he can to leave this country in shambles for Biden and Harris.

I'll never understand why so many people chose this evil madman a second time.

by Anonymousreply 324November 5, 2020 12:58 PM

Hate Trump - but BucksYST had valuable insight pre-election. The utter failure - and dangerous reliance on - polls once again bites us in the ass. I do think yard signs were a meaningful predictor - the brazen and passionate display of allegiance was more accurate than the polls. The entire discussion /argument about poll predictions was a waste.

by Anonymousreply 325November 5, 2020 12:59 PM

Biden will win Pa. and the election. Dems are very confident.

by Anonymousreply 326November 5, 2020 1:13 PM

If this experience drives home one point, it’s that predictions of election outcomes are useless. And potentially manipulated. I’ll believe it when the count is in - there is a long way to go for Biden to take the lead.

by Anonymousreply 327November 5, 2020 1:23 PM

But elections officials missed 7 Trump yard signs, 3 Nothingburgers and 1 Bombshell Montage!!!

The walls CAN'T close in yet!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328November 5, 2020 1:40 PM

Did the guy "5 feet away from the President" get a whiff of those scat-packed Depends?

Did you pass out, or risk offending Trump by holding your nose in front of him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329November 5, 2020 1:42 PM

Biden is already up in in Bucks County by a point with lots of absentee ballots to county r321. Biden is *handily* winning Bucks, and he is going to win PA by a couple points.

You were wrong here.

I can admit I was wrong. I predicted a 5 pt margin in PA and it is looking like it will be around 2.5. I hope you are mature enough to admit you were definitely wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330November 5, 2020 1:58 PM

R325, good points except the yard sign stuff. The yard sign troll predicted Trump would win Bucks and PA based on the yard signs he saw. In fact they indicated no such thing. Enthusiasm? Yes. But as a predictor? Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 331November 5, 2020 2:01 PM

Bucks Troll was convinced Biden was doing *worse* in Pennsylvania than Clinton. The pollsters weren't perfect but they were right, Biden is doing significantly better than Clinton. No matter what yard signs say.

by Anonymousreply 332November 5, 2020 2:06 PM

[quote]I do think yard signs were a meaningful predictor

They aren't. They never have been and they will continue to not be for the foreseeable future.

[quote]the brazen and passionate display of allegiance was more accurate than the polls.

Not even close, even with the polling problems. Remember that our yard sign trolls were insisting that Biden was going to do worse than Clinton and that Trump was going to win by a sizable margin. That's not even close to being accurate.

by Anonymousreply 333November 5, 2020 2:13 PM

r325 = r331

"I love Biden, BUT ... I wish Hunter wasn't in a pedophile ring" horse shit.

by Anonymousreply 334November 5, 2020 2:37 PM

R324 It's already started. I have a friend (with a much stronger stomach than I) who signed up for Trump emails on a burner email account, because he wanted to keep tabs on whatever malicious shit they're up to. Last night, the inbox was full of all-caps 'DEFEND THE ELECTION- Don't Let Democrats Steal It!!' messages.

by Anonymousreply 335November 5, 2020 3:14 PM

The yard sign troll is a moron..Biden won Bucks and he’ll win PA handily by the time the votes are counted.

by Anonymousreply 336November 5, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote] Sorry all - too much going on and I don’t have time to be on DL.

In other words, you are probably one of the goons trying to break into a Philadelphia ballot-counting center and "observe," despite that a full quota of official Republican observers are already in there.

by Anonymousreply 337November 5, 2020 5:18 PM

Biden is now up in Bucks County by 2 points. Still more ballots to count.

by Anonymousreply 338November 5, 2020 6:07 PM

But... Trafalgar was right!

—BucksYST

by Anonymousreply 339November 5, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote] I hope you are mature enough to admit you were definitely wrong.

Oh, I think he's already made it clear that he's going with "I wasn't wrong; the Biden votes are fake!"

by Anonymousreply 340November 5, 2020 8:56 PM

It's already been said but the bottom line is that yard signs, rally crowd sizes, giant flags, decorated houses, loud assholes in giant pickups and other such anecdotal horseshit are not predictive of anything relating to votes and voter counts. Biden will handily win Bucks County, all of the PA collar counties where I live, the state as a whole and the presidency. Erie County just turned Blue. BucksYST was 100% wrong on just about every point and got lucky in 2016 because the polls and pollsters who were wrong in 2016 mislead the Clinton Campaign, but the Biden Campaign was never fooled in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 341November 6, 2020 12:30 AM

And yet I would be willing to bet a substantial sum of money that he will be back here in 2024 talking about yard signs again, R341. He just doesn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 342November 6, 2020 12:35 AM

I don’t get why someone who predicted Trumps win in PA is being bashed. This is a TIGHT race - and it isn’t over. Even if all goes well from here on, it was a shockingly tight race that Trump could have won. That is important to let sink in - and realize we were totally duped by almost every poll out there about PA.

by Anonymousreply 343November 6, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote]I don’t get why someone who predicted Trumps win in PA is being bashed.

Because of the obvious stupidity of the claims and because of the far-right, ignorant rhetoric he employed, R343.

Yes, we know the polls were not accurate but that has nothing to do with stupid predictions that Trump would win Pennsylvania by a larger margin than he did in 2016 and that he was going to take Buck's County, both of which claims based on shit like, "I see lots more yard signs this year!!!" and "We had a great car rally, yesterday!!!"

by Anonymousreply 344November 6, 2020 1:01 AM

Oh, it figures. Checking your posting history, it's no wonder you're defending the yard sign troll, R343, as you, too, were one of those idiots.

by Anonymousreply 345November 6, 2020 1:03 AM

Oh my god, shut up, R343. HE LOST.

by Anonymousreply 346November 6, 2020 1:08 AM

[quote]I don’t get why someone who predicted Trumps win in PA is being bashed.

From my view, any gay man who supports Trump for any reason deserves what he gets. And I would argue that a bunch of us on here live in bubbles and rarely look outside of those bubbles, but to hear YST describe it the entire state of PA was basically Alabama in its levels of love for Trump. It was just his bubble. His own county went for Biden 2:1.

by Anonymousreply 347November 6, 2020 1:10 AM

As a loyal Democrat for 30 years who has given more support to Dems than the Bucks obsessive - the willful denial of the reality of Trumps support is what everyone who lives in their bubbles need to give up. The failure of the Dems to win hugely against a horrific candidate is a warning sign of our ongoing failure. Something needs to change - as discussed at the Dem HQ today.

by Anonymousreply 348November 6, 2020 1:33 AM

R348, nobody is denying "the reality of Trumps [sic] support." What we are pointing out, quite accurately, is that "yard signs" and "rallies" don't mean shit when it comes to predicting an electoral outcome and that those who loudly and repeatedly extolled those here in this forum have been proved to be badly incorrect, just as we have been saying for months.

by Anonymousreply 349November 6, 2020 1:36 AM

Western PA Yard Sign troll here... So, y'all still think think PA was up 13 in the polls or has it finally set in that it would be within the MOE?

by Anonymousreply 350November 6, 2020 1:48 AM

I'm so impressed by Pennsylvania. It's not just the Philadelphia area that's going for Biden. That means they want to take a chance and follow him on a green/renewable energies revolution.

Very courageous.

by Anonymousreply 351November 6, 2020 1:52 AM

Here are the last six polls listed by RCP for Pennsylvania, R350:

Susquehanna: Trump +1

Rasmussen: Biden +3

Trafalgar: Trump +2

NBC/Marist: Biden +5

InsiderAdvantage: Trump +2

CNBC: Biden +4

Net average: Biden +1.2

There was no poll in the complete RCP poll list that had Biden up by 13 in Pennsylvania. So yes, the final results in Pennsylvania are likely to be within the margin of error for each individual poll as well as for the average (yes, I know you can't really do MOE when you average polls together).

Did you have a point to make?

by Anonymousreply 352November 6, 2020 1:56 AM

Aw, honey, yes, Quinnapiac (and Monmouth) most certainly had had Biden up by double digits. That was one of my first yard sign posts this season, which was to say I roll my eyes at these polls. And it's funny now that you're listing Trafalgar in your polls when you spent the summer arguing with the Bucks County guy how Trafalgar wasn't credible. Turns out they had a better handle on PA than the A rated 538 polls.

You're just pissed cause the Yard Sign Trolls were better at predicting PA than the polls.

Oh, and, yeah, It looks like the shy Trump voter wasn't a myth when it came to polling.

by Anonymousreply 353November 6, 2020 2:10 AM

I guess r353 hasn't gotten the message that Trump is going to LOSE Pennsylvania, contrary to what both Trafalgar and the Yard Sign Trolls predicted.

by Anonymousreply 354November 6, 2020 4:17 AM

Quinnipiac's most recent PA poll had Biden up by 7; not accurate but hardly double digits. You can't say the polls were SO far off base and then cite poll results from months ago; that's not how it works.

Rather hilariously, the most accurate recent PA polls came from some D- rated pollster called Swayable, who had Biden up by 2 and freaking Rasmussen who had Biden up by 3.

Much as I think anyone planning to vote for Trump should have been embarrassed about it, I don't really believe in the "shy Trump voter" thing. It doesn't explain the Senate polls, which were generally even further off than the presidential ones. While polling firms obviously have a lot of problems, it's not because they're not paying enough attention to yard signs and rally crowds (which according to Bucks YST would have led us to think Trump would take Bucks County in a landslide).

by Anonymousreply 355November 6, 2020 4:31 AM

R354, trafalgar wasn't far off the margin of error and neither was Rasmussen. Both came closer to the mark than the other A rated pollsters. Same with 2016 too. Trafalgar and the yard sign trolls called that one as well.

R355, TBH...I didn't read past the first sentence or two. It's hard to take you seriously when on October 5 Quinnapiac had Biden up 13 in Pennsylvania and 14 in Florida and you're trying to make like it never happened. See the link since you're apparently not familiar with Google.

And, just a reminder that the Yard Sign Trolls started saying the polling was way off back in the summer, when Monmouth had Biden up 10 and Fox had him up 11. Back in August, I posted that I roll my eyes at these polls and Biden would win, but it would be within the MOE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356November 6, 2020 5:20 AM

BucksYST isn’t around much now, not because he’s too busy, but because his fat racist POS leader LOST.

You guys who think Bucks gave us election insights are hilarious— and delusional. He fucking counted yard signs and cars in a parade. He hates all pollsters except for republican versions, and I’m sure he wouldn’t hate NatecSilver if the guy was hot.

Bottom line is I have no use for gays who are republican cunts. They’re despicable sellouts, and even worse when they support human garbage like Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 357November 6, 2020 5:51 AM

I love you, r341! I'm in Northampton County, and we went for The Monster last time. Hoping not now!

by Anonymousreply 358November 6, 2020 6:07 AM

Swayable was very accurate in NC

by Anonymousreply 359November 6, 2020 10:24 AM

I'm curious how many voters voted for Biden at the top of the ticket, and then went on to vote Republican down-ticket. I'd also like to know how many Republicans just sat out this election.

by Anonymousreply 360November 6, 2020 10:52 AM

People are “bashing” BuckYST because he bleated for weeks about yard signs and rallies like a breathless schoolgirl pining for her idol — it was laughably stupid and pathetic, yet he strutted around every thread like he had valuable, relevant insight, when he was just another Trumper living in a bubble. A complete idiot, just like the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 361November 6, 2020 10:53 AM

[quote]Bottom line is I have no use for gays who are republican cunts. They’re despicable sellouts, and even worse when they support human garbage like Donald Trump.

THIS^^^

by Anonymousreply 362November 6, 2020 10:55 AM

Exactly, r361. Trafalgar was right on some polls and dead wrong on others. ESPECIALLY with crucial states that will put Biden over the top. So that makes them much worse than other pollsters in my opinion. Who cares if they called Florida? They missed the big one.

Same with the other pollsters—they all were wrong, not just Democratically leaning ones. That’s another story and the industry as a whole needs to look at itself. But BucksYST specifically said that those yard signs indicated a groundswell of Dump support, especially inBucks county, that the pollsters weren’t counting. Biden is winning 2 for 1 in Bucks. So all his ramblings were worth what a Dump sign is worth today—nothing.

by Anonymousreply 363November 6, 2020 11:23 AM

You are an idiot trying to save face r353. The polling average for PA was NEVER in the double digits. No one was prediction a Biden double digit win.

Picking out individual polls to fit your narrative is intellectually dishonest.

Biden has performed better than Clinton everywhere in the state. The exact opposite of what you guys were trying to claim based on your idiotic yard yard rants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 6, 2020 11:37 AM

[quote] BucksYST isn’t around much now, not because he’s too busy, but because his fat racist POS leader LOST.

He was also a covidiot braying here this summer how Democrats are going to lose since they're ignoring small business owners like himself, who need things to reopen, blah, blah, blah... Basically, the main talking point Trumpers were pushing at the time ("Reopen everything!!")

by Anonymousreply 365November 6, 2020 11:38 AM

[quote]You're just pissed because the Yard Sign Trolls were better at predicting PA than the polls.

The most common feature of nearly every Trump supporter is their completely deranged levels of delusion. It's amazing how consistent this is across their base. They just completely rewrite reality, constantly.

by Anonymousreply 366November 6, 2020 11:42 AM

R365 it was clear he was just another rightwing troll, he regurgitated their talking points constantly. He claims once "it just came out" that "Hillary and Obama made up the whole Russiagate thing out of thin air!" He dropped this casually in another masturbatory post about yard signs he saw and Trump rallies he attended. I googled it and the first hit was a news article about this being the latest talking point on the right. He was just another hack troll.

by Anonymousreply 367November 6, 2020 11:44 AM

When all is said and done, it is estimated Biden will win PA by around 100,000 votes once the provisional ballots are counted. That is not a close or tight race, especially when compared to other states. If I had to guess, the difference maker is the massive overpopulation and expansion of the collar counties around Philly, largely by NY and north Jersey transplants and young professionals voting blue. The Main Line area where I live was reliably red for a long, long time. I don't care about Polls or what they predicted, their models are flawed and they have limited to no access to the wide swath of demographics of voters that would be needed to predict these races accurately and they're trying to weight what responses they do get and are failing badly. Polls are not to be trusted anymore, and we learned that four years ago.

by Anonymousreply 368November 6, 2020 12:27 PM

[quote]You're just pissed cause the Yard Sign Trolls were better at predicting PA than the polls.

Does blatantly lying work on the other sites you frequent? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 369November 6, 2020 2:32 PM

The fool didn't even read his own county right. Trump lost Bucks by 3 points. i think all those cars at stupid Trump parades and boat shows and rallies were all bused in from other parts of the states or other states entirely.

by Anonymousreply 370November 6, 2020 2:47 PM

The prediction for PA is less than 100,000 votes now. It was a tight race in a state with 13 million people. Anyone who thinks the polls were right or takes comfort in Biden’s win there is a fool. Let’s celebrate Joes win - but accept that Dems need to do something to change the game in swing states.

by Anonymousreply 371November 6, 2020 3:32 PM

R364

It's adorable that, again, this election your envy is showing. There's no reason for me to save face on anything.

The point, fool, is that the Yard Sign Trolls were saying the polls were wrong as far back as July. And the only reason the polling narrowed in PA over the last week was because of a spate of Republican leaning pollsters like Trafalgar and Rasmussen pushed the average down. The truth of the matter is the A list pollsters were pretty far off base... not just in PA, but pretty much everywhere.

And, just a reminder, I wasn't just looking at yard signs.I was the YST who also talked about voter registration (which I had direct knowledge of) and tried to explain to you fools that the online polls were, in fact, picking up shy voters...but you all shouted me down.

by Anonymousreply 372November 6, 2020 4:04 PM

Provisional ballots put the final Biden lead between 100-125k according to NBC/MSNBC, R371.

by Anonymousreply 373November 6, 2020 4:05 PM

Another issue with the Yard Sign guy is that he's clearly one of those own the libs, cry liberal tears types. Gurl needs therapy.

by Anonymousreply 374November 6, 2020 4:07 PM

This election in Pennsylvania was more of a repudiation of Trump rather than a shift to the left. The total includes RVATs that'll go back to voting conservative. The state itself gets very religious the further west you go.

And, another reminder...I was the Biden supporting YST.

by Anonymousreply 375November 6, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote] The point, fool, is that the Yard Sign Trolls were saying the polls were wrong as far back as July.

The Yard Sign Trolls predicted Trump would win PA; the pollsters said Biden would. Guess what? In the only way that counts, that makes the YSTs more WRONG than the pollsters.

Yeah, the Democrats have work to do to figure out how to win by bigger margins next time. But they're not going to accomplish that by considering the "brilliant" insights of the YSTs. I'm not familiar with you and your posts, but the Bucks guy was convinced Trump would win his county based on his observations of yard signs and rally attendance. Instead, Biden took Bucks County by a 2:1 ratio. Wow, what a genius that Bucks guy was to totally NOT see that coming.

by Anonymousreply 376November 6, 2020 4:37 PM

And, yet, here is me in early October reiterating my stand from mid-summer that Biden would win.

And here's something else DL got wrong...voter registration in the state wasn't mostly Republicans switching registration. It was mainly new registrants.

This election would look very different in PA if Trump wasn't running. You can get all pissed at me for saying it, or you can do something about it next time.

*** Emerson came out with a Pennsylvania poll this evening showing Biden + 5 (MOE 3.7). Last Emerson poll from early August had Biden +9. The change from the last Emerson poll is Biden -2/Trump +2.

This combined with the internal CNBC poll is probably closer to the mark than Monmouth. I think Biden will take the state, but the margin is going to be slim. Certainly not 10, 11 and 12.

The big difference between these the Emerson, CNBC and Monmouth is that Monmouth makes use of more live calling.

—Anonymous

reply 386

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377November 6, 2020 4:49 PM

Oy - the venomous, angry anti-YSTs is delusionally defensive. If winning by a few thousand votes is what you are claiming as a “vindication” of the polls - which had him up by multiple % points consistently - than you are grasping at straws. Those of us on the ground in PA saw early how wrong those polls were and tried to quell the over-confidence that killed us in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 378November 6, 2020 4:53 PM

JOE BIDEN WINS PENNSYLVANIA.

WHAT HAPPENED, BUCKSEGHENEY YARD SIGNS?

What happened to all those "CEOS of major corporations to cashiers at the gas stations" who told you Trump was a done deal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 6, 2020 5:04 PM

IT IS A VINDICATION OF THE POLLS. LEGIT POLLSTERS ERRED ON THE SIDE OF THE WINNER.

RASMUSSEN AND TRAFALGAR POLLING PORNOGRAPHERS ARE A PERMANENT FUCKING JOKE, THEIR COLLAPSE IS COMPLETE WITH SHITLER'S.

by Anonymousreply 380November 6, 2020 5:06 PM

Wow, someone is mightily triggered.

by Anonymousreply 381November 6, 2020 5:09 PM

Boris is on a desperate bumping tear to erase the bad news about his Trumplethinskin losing Georgia and Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 382November 6, 2020 5:18 PM

LMFAO is much different than "triggered."

You're a liar in all circumstances, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 383November 6, 2020 5:19 PM

How did I lie, buttercup?

by Anonymousreply 384November 6, 2020 5:35 PM

Ooooh the trolls are back from licking their wounds and they are FIGHTING mad. Too funny. Fuck off bitches.

by Anonymousreply 385November 6, 2020 6:47 PM

Boo hoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386November 6, 2020 8:04 PM

r348 really thinks he's still fooling anyone with that "I've voted for Biden all my life, BUT the Democrats should impeach him for his pedophilia ring in the Ukraine" schtick?

Deluded to the bitter end.

by Anonymousreply 387November 6, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote] You just need to take the opportunity by taking a break from your computer, to go outside and explore it. Get yourself out of that bubble and allow yourself to have fun!

Thanks for the advice, BucksYST; hope you enjoyed us yesterday, dancing in the streets all over the country.

by Anonymousreply 388November 9, 2020 12:23 AM

I'm in Allegheny County, which went overwhelmingly for Biden. And I can tell you , that in the suburbs here, Trump signs outnumbered Biden signs by at least 4 to 1 on nearly every street. The Biden voters weren't putting up a lot of signs because they didn't want to be harassed and targeted by violent MAGAts and armed Q-anon loons. The yard sign ratios aren't reflective of who people are supporting.

by Anonymousreply 389November 9, 2020 1:40 AM

Arguing with YSTs who will never admit they were wrong simply diverts you from recognising a more important truth:

The Republican Party, with Trump as the shittiest manifestation so far, is America’s ISIS. Those on the right always had their petty meannesses, their obstruction of civil rights and their particular, ignorant, unlearned form of Christianity. But they were, in general, within a halfways reasonable political discourse.

Not any more. They have radicalised their constituency, just as ISIS turned a relatively small number of lost and disaffected Moslems into Islamist terrorists. Just as Hitler and the Nazis turned broken and leaderless Germans into shrieking bigots and war criminals. Trump has happily presided over the same process in America, elevating and legitimising bigotry, ignorance, bullying and all the meanest things within the human spirit.

That’s the real problem: Trump, the Republicans, and all those birther conspiracy/QAnon/Milo/Fox/Bannon etc voices have moved their side into a very dangerous place for democracy and a respect for truth. The real struggle over the next four years should be to deradicalise that part of American society, in the way that Germany had to be deradicalised after WW2. Because the alternative is too dreadful to allow.

by Anonymousreply 390November 9, 2020 7:45 AM

I'm sure that's what BucksYST has been doing, taking his own advice and enjoying a day of "fun" outside of his bubble. Maybe he was even a brave boy and ventured outside the county.

by Anonymousreply 391November 9, 2020 9:53 AM

It doesn't matter what you wear,

Just as long as you are there.

There'll be dancing

Dancing in the street!

Polls, schmolls. Signs, schmigns.

It's the VOTES, Stupid!

by Anonymousreply 392November 9, 2020 9:41 PM

Excuse you, Miss r390, but I wasn't wrong.

-- Loud and Proud Western PA Yard Sign Troll who said the polls were wrong (and they were) and that Biden would win PA by a slim margin (and he did).

by Anonymousreply 393November 10, 2020 5:19 AM

[quote] Excuse you, Miss [R390], but I wasn't wrong.

I’m not r390, but I never saw any of your predictions and maybe he didn’t, either. In any case, I would guess most of the “anti-YST” (for lack of a better term) comments in here are directed at Bucks YST, who started the thread, and is a Trump supporter who predicted victory for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 394November 10, 2020 6:54 AM

Congrats R393 on totally failing to take on board the message in my post at R390. You make my point for me.

by Anonymousreply 395November 10, 2020 7:06 AM

R394 the link is posted upthread. Twice...once in July and again in early October I said the PA polls were way off. In July I said Biden's win would be with the MOE in October I said he would win by a slim margin.

R395, you really didn't have a point. You said it he YSTs were wrong. I was not. Take the L and move on, Toots.

by Anonymousreply 396November 10, 2020 4:43 PM

Update from PA: tons of Trump signs and flags still up. I've seen several change Trump 2020 to Trump 2024. I'm starting to see "Stop the Steal" signs, too.

I really need to move.

by Anonymousreply 397November 10, 2020 10:38 PM

Any of the YS Trolls participating in this? It’s this kind of stuff that makes me love living in Philly.

Philly’s Fraud Street Run will go from the ‘famous Four Seasons Total Landscaping’ to ‘the lesser-known Four Seasons Hotel’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398November 10, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote] Congrats [R393] on totally failing to take on board the message in my post at [R390].

He only cares about being right about the polls because it's so terribly important that he was.

by Anonymousreply 399November 10, 2020 11:40 PM

The Bucks YST NEVER predicted anything other than a Trump blowout.

Lying r393 should link the thread and name the Reply number where he allegedly "Biden would win PA by a slim margin."

The other lie r393 tells is that "the polls were wrong." All the legit pollsters with credible reputations WERE RIGHT. BIDEN WON.

They all had Biden's win within the margin of error to Trump winning, but they landed on the side of Biden WHICH CAME TRUE.

Only right-wing pornographers Rasmussen and Trafalgar were wrong outside of the margins of error.

by Anonymousreply 400November 11, 2020 7:56 AM

name the Reply numbers, r396 and link the threads again.

by Anonymousreply 401November 11, 2020 7:57 AM

Before the election I told BucksYST he'd be crying in his Sam Adams the weekend of November 7-8.

I was right.

by Anonymousreply 402November 13, 2020 9:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!