Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Portland shenanigans and street violence

I was surprised we didn't have a thread already dedicated to the unending nightly riots in Portland.

Post videos, Twitter rumors, and angry denials here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387August 30, 2020 7:07 PM

Incoming Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt announced on August 11th that his office will no longer prosecute a variety of rioting related offenses. That ought to quell the violence.

Portland is on its 77th straight night of rioting tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2020 3:25 AM

Portland is actually the white working class of the 1970s mysteriously transported to our own era.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2020 3:28 AM

R2 I have no idea what that means. They're The Warriors?

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2020 3:39 AM

Oregon State Police are withdrawing troopers who have been assigned to riot control in Portland in response to the D.A. in R1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2020 5:44 AM

Antifa's personal stalker, Andy Ngo, is reporting that activists/ rioters in Portland are planning another try at an autonomous zone (this would be their third at least this summer.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2020 5:49 AM

I will die laughing if they call it the POP.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2020 5:49 AM

That’s hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2020 1:54 AM

A bunch of Boogaloo Boys causing trouble.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2020 1:59 AM

So 'an autonomous zone' that requires others to supply food, water, supplies, sanitation and shelter...? So brave.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2020 2:01 AM

OP is so right.

Deplorable 1 percenters are illegally removing "Black Lives Matters" signs.

When are people going to get it through their thick, anarchic heads that only Republicans are allowed to break the law?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2020 2:04 AM

No one believes that Republicans are rioting, especially since we're supposed to simultaneously be outraged when the rioters get arrested.

Get your messaging straight.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2020 2:58 AM

Andy Ngo, human albatross, is reporting that Portland protestors are gathering in Penninsula Park tonight with the intent of setting the Police Union Hall on fire for the umpteenth time:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2020 3:03 AM

Here's the Twitter account R12 references:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2020 3:04 AM

Video from independent journalist Shawna Showersby of the Police Union Building being set on fire during the Sunday, August 9 riot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2020 3:07 AM

This is [italic]the Daily Show[/italic]'s rundown on Fox News' law & order experts. It's from a month ago, but I'm just now seeing it. It's choice, IMHO, and the protests are mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2020 4:18 AM

"I will die laughing if they call it the POP. "

How about if they call it the POZ?

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2020 7:11 AM

Native Oregonian here. The state is turning into a dump. Lots of red state transplants moving in, along with lots of Californians of course. It’s sad to see how dirty our state has become and the sheer amount of crime everywhere, not just in Portland, but even small towns.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2020 7:18 AM

Interesting videos from last night of Antifa marching through a residential area in North Portland and engaging in random vandalism in front of confused residents.

This video shows them smashing a parking meter in front of a building while some guys who live there watch. The woman streaming explains to a confused black guy that these people aren't Black Lives Matter:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2020 11:53 AM

Shit, that was Seattle, not Portland 👆oops.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2020 11:55 AM

Heeeere's North Portland! Police charged a crowd that refused to disperse at N. Killingsworth and N. Mississippi. Dramatic Hollywood style imagery as usual:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2020 12:09 PM

The crowd moved to N. Mississippi and N. Lombard as the night went on. This resident of the neighborhood was beaten up BY HIS NEIGHBORS after they saw him chanting along with rioters who were marching past his house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2020 12:14 PM

But Datalounge said this wasn't really happening.

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2020 12:59 PM

79 days straight of street riots and the City of Portland has still never instituted a curfew. Seems kinda basic, yeah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote] Portland is on its 77th straight night of rioting tonight.

That's an outright lie. I live in Portland proper (not the suburbs), and I am typing from it right now. There have been protests every one of those 77 nights, but not rioting. There were riots when the stormtrumpers were here, but they were instigated primarily by their heavy-handed tactics and unwanted presence.

OP is just trying to stir the shit with outright lies. He is either a Trumper or a Russian bot. Please vote him for F&F.

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2020 5:46 PM

R24 That's just flat out not the case.

Either you're a liar or you're painfully gullible and out of touch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2020 5:50 PM

Also, let's try not to reference children's books and movies with our political slogans. It's... childish.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2020 5:52 PM

Is it still George Floyd, even after that video was released of him acting like a drugged-out clown? Or is it Breonna? And what about the gay violinist? Oh I forgot, he was too gayish to be a poster boy.

Go back to your mom's basement, SJWs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2020 6:03 PM

Yes R25, the police who declare a riot every night so they can justify using tear gas and other munitions are who we should turn to for unbiased reporting.

I also live in Portland. I can see the federal building from my sofa. I have zero idea the protests (with a fringe element using them as an excuse to vandalize and create chaos) are going on unless I turn on the news or look on social media. What I do hear though, are the nightly flash bangs the police shoot off, some nights for hours at a time. Don't believe the media hype. The city is going about daily life. The protests are contained to a 2-3 block area downtown and there have been several outside a precinct in north Portland and one in east Portland.

What is a much bigger threat to the city is our worthless mayor and city council's hands-off approach to the homeless problem. An entire area of downtown is wall to wall tents on every sidewalk, needles and human waste everywhere. The greyhound station has been closed because it was overrun with homeless camping. The busses now park several blocks away and passengers board and unboard there. Multiple people in my building have been assaulted going to the grocery store a block away. Businesses have to clean feces, urine and needles out of their doorways daily and often people have to step over zombied out junkies passed out on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2020 6:51 PM

R28 Why do the police need to lie? They can't enjoy throwing flashbangs that much.

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2020 7:16 PM

Protestors blocking traffic on a bridge and setting dumpsters on fire in the street last night- which bridge is this, R28?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2020 7:21 PM

On the off chance your question isn't trolling, the governor banned the use of tear gas except in cases where a riot is declared, so they declare it a riot almost nightly, then shoot tear gas into the crowds to try and break them up.

Why do police need to lie? Have you lived under a rock the last few decades?

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2020 7:22 PM

R30 that appears to be N Lombard Street over I5, but it's hard to tell in the dark. If it is, the Eagle is just down the street.

by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2020 7:25 PM

It’s entirely possible to live in a city and be unable to see protests from your sofa. I live in Manhattan, and most protest and looting doesn’t happen on the UES. Once in a while we see some action because Big Bird lives here. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s a LIE.

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2020 7:30 PM

R32 Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2020 7:33 PM

I didn't say the protests are a lie, I said the "city under siege by rioters" narrative is the lie. There are groups that take advantage of any protest in Portland to try and cause chaos and vandalize property. It has been going on for years. You're falling for the media hype.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2020 7:41 PM

I'm happy we've established the riots are actually happening. That's a huge step up.

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2020 7:51 PM

Like R28 I also live in Portland but a little further away from the couple of city blocks that have protesters and a few people who like to cause damage and probably not there to protest. There are no nightly "riots" now in Portland - just an ongoing protest, similar to the Occupy Movement.

As for the homeless - this is the real story. Hundreds of people camping out all over the downtown area and many locations around the city. Why can't the City of Portland just ban uban camping? The city tows away cars that are illegally parked, why not campers?

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2020 7:52 PM

The article at R35 is paywalled. I think this is the same article?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2020 7:53 PM

R37 They want them there.

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote]On the off chance your question isn't trolling, the governor banned the use of tear gas except in cases where a riot is declared, so they declare it a riot almost nightly, then shoot tear gas into the crowds to try and break them up.

Yup. One of those supposed "riots" came about because a cop slammed into a protester, knocking the phone out of the protester's hand. The phone hit a window, which cracked. On the basis of that cracked window, the police declared a "riot."

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2020 7:56 PM

Dumb cunts like in Portland will get Trump reelected.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2020 7:57 PM

I'm glad we've established that R36 is a troll.

Yes R38. Thanks, I forget the Times is paywalled for a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2020 7:58 PM

R42, it may have escaped your notice but there are far more important stories that are happening this year. I doubt that anyone in Des Moines, Iowa gives a shit about a few hundred people protesting in Portland.

by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2020 7:59 PM

Apologies.... r43 was directed at r41, of course.

by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2020 8:00 PM

Anyone who votes for trump over what is happening in Portland was already planning to vote for him. So by R41's logic, this will make trump get relected also??? The proud boy assholes are well known at Portland protests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2020 8:04 PM

R42, yup, and probably an even bigger troll than you realize. Not only has he posted 63 times on this and the related Seattle thread, but this is what he had to say in a thread about school reopening:

[quote]I'm not the one wallowing and slopping around in all that sweet, sweet hate and death like some people. You seem be having a great time. Frothing at the mouth.

[quote]Despite what you've all coached each other into believing, wanting schools to reopen does not equate to wanting to murder children. It does equate to much better sense of social responsibility than any of you could dream of having.

[quote]By all means duck back into your narcisstistic pig wallow and convince each other that Covid is airborne super AIDS and the bah-bahs are DYING.

[quote]Just felt like I had the responsibility to issue a reality check about who the monsters are.

by Anonymousreply 46August 15, 2020 8:05 PM

R36 also thinks that:

[quote]Yes. The Biden campaign is an unrecoverable disaster and it's already too late to make up the ground they've lost. Democrats have made massive mistakes in governing this year that voters want to punish them for. It's 1984 again.

Troll it is, and a rather obvious and clumsy one.

by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2020 8:07 PM

[quote]Anyone who votes for trump over what is happening in Portland was already planning to vote for him.

Yup. The tactics here are obvious, are they not? "Omigod!!!!!!! They're 'rioting' in 'residential neighborhoods'!!!!!" "The protests are 'expanding'!!!!!" "Oogity boogity!!!!" "Fear for your lives!!!!!"

I kinda feel sorry for them, since it's obvious why they're doing it. Trump is in trouble and they don't have anything else to pin their hopes on. The economy is in the shitter; the pandemic is out of control, particularly in red states; there will be 200,000 people dead by election day; school reopening is already going the way many of us predicted with schools in Georgia already shutting down the first week they reopened, etc., etc., etc.

They can't run on Trump's accomplishments, since he doesn't have any. They can't run on the economy, since it's fucked. They can't run on his handling of the pandemic, since he's screwed everything up there and is still screwing up. They can't run on competence, since he isn't. So what else have they got?

"Omigod!!!! If Biden is elected, the country will be destroyed by Antifa!!!!!"

On the list of issues that voters care most about this year, I doubt that even makes the top 10.

by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2020 8:12 PM

Thanks r46 and 47, made blocking them an easy choice.

by Anonymousreply 49August 15, 2020 8:15 PM

This is probably the single best article I've seen about how the situation in Portland developed. It was written on July 20th, so a bit out of date now, but it is a careful and thoughtful retelling of events from the very beginning that doesn't spare either side. He's got the links, pics, and Twitter videos to back up what he writes, too.

This is the article that had the anecdote about the police declaring a "riot" that I mentioned above. He debunks several conspiracy theories but doesn't spare the vandals, either.

[quote]A few weeks later, on July 14th, a second march again formed up around the Portland Police Association headquarters. On this occasion the riot declaration was made after a police officer slapped the phone out of an activists hand and sent it careening into the window of the PPA building. It broke a window, which the PPB used as justification to declare a riot and deploy tear gas.

[quote]So here's the video ... of an officer smacking the phone from a protester's hand into the window of the PPA building. And the broken window is what they then used as their reason to declare a 'riot' and gas people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 15, 2020 8:22 PM

R42 R36 and R38 are the same poster.

by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2020 8:30 PM

Sigh.... I know we have to have trolls like R51, who is also R36 but not r42, but do they have to be so damn stupid? Are we really so low on the agenda that they have to keep sending their dregs here?

by Anonymousreply 52August 15, 2020 8:33 PM

Portlandians, why are the homeless tents everywhere? I read that they had hired former homeless to clean the city and that it was going really well. Did Covid cause the city to have to cut back on cleaning? Because that seems counterintuitive. I appreciate hearing what locals have to say, because it’s impossible to know what’s going on by news reports, so thank you.

by Anonymousreply 53August 15, 2020 8:48 PM

R51 you’re full of it. I’m R42 but most definitely not 36 or 38, which amazingly neither of them show after I blocked r36. And guess who else doesn’t show? R51 hmmm

R52 can you tell me what in my post at r42 makes you think I’m trolling. My first post in this thread is r28 with several replies after.

by Anonymousreply 54August 15, 2020 8:49 PM

Protests are not always riots (in fact, they usually are not).

There have been protests in Portland every night; there have not been riots every night, as OP claims. It is not a riot just because the cops or the feds unleash tear gas.

by Anonymousreply 55August 15, 2020 8:50 PM

What qualifies a gathering as being a riot in Portland?

by Anonymousreply 56August 15, 2020 8:56 PM

Troll-dar reveals these are some of the OP's TWENTY-THREE posts to his own thread so far (and he is also of course r36):

[quote]I was surprised we didn't have a thread already dedicated to the unending nightly riots in Portland.

[quote] Incoming Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt announced on August 11th that his office will no longer prosecute a variety of rioting related offenses. That ought to quell the violence. Portland is on its 77th straight night of rioting tonight.

[quote] No one believes that Republicans are rioting, especially since we're supposed to simultaneously be outraged when the rioters get arrested. Get your messaging straight.

[quote] Andy Ngo, human albatross, is reporting that Portland protestors are gathering in Penninsula Park tonight with the intent of setting the Police Union Hall on fire for the umpteenth time:

[quote] Interesting videos from last night of Antifa marching through a residential area in North Portland and engaging in random vandalism in front of confused residents.

[quote] Shit, that was Seattle, not Portland 👆oops.

[quote] 79 days straight of street riots and the City of Portland has still never instituted a curfew. Seems kinda basic, yeah?

[quote] Also, let's try not to reference children's books and movies with our political slogans. It's... childish.

[quote] I'm happy we've established the riots are actually happening. That's a huge step up.

by Anonymousreply 57August 15, 2020 8:59 PM

You want me to feel bad? I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 58August 15, 2020 9:02 PM

R53 There are a lot of reasons. I'll list some of that have contributed to the issue.

Portland has always had a reputation for being a homeless friendly city and one that it's easy to get services in. Sadly those services are stretched thin and aren't as easy to access.

The climate is pretty mild for sleeping outside. Of course it rains a lot during the winter, but we don't have extended periods of snow or freezing temperatures.

There have been many attempts to restrict homeless people from sitting or lying on sidewalks, but they have been shot down by the courts as unconstitutional so the city is unable to cite someone for sleeping/sitting on the sidewalk if they have nowhere else to go.

There is no ban on camping, so tent cities have sprung up all over the city, not just downtown.

The mayor has told the police to take a hands off approach with the homeless for most crimes they commit. If they are arrested, they're in and out of jail almost immediately due to overcrowding. There is no effort made to get them any help for underlying issues, addiction and mental health being the two main ones.

The national media's obsession with Portland, starting with frequent articles in the NYT and culminating in the travesty that was Portlandia. UGH. This caused a huge influx of people moving here, which led to housing shortages.

The housing shortages created a housing construction boom, but due to the amount of red tape and fees required to develop anything in the city, developers don't build apartments that cost $1,000/month, everything that was built were studios starting at $1,600 and up and one bedrooms at $2,000 and up. Portland's wages have always lagged behind the rest of the west coast. It started catching up a little with some tech run off from the bay area, but Portland is a service industry town and most people in that industry can't afford $2,000 a month in rent.

Out of state property management companies started buying up buildings, evicting all of the tenants and then raising rent $500 or more a month when they re-rented them. A lot of those people were unable to find new affordable housing. Sadly, this caused our worthless city council (with an assist from the state legislature) to go to the extreme the other way and pass a bunch of landlord restrictive measures that have driven a lot of mom and pop landlords out of the business, further decreasing the housing supply.

I see a couple of other Portlanders on this thread so they may have some other observations.

by Anonymousreply 59August 15, 2020 9:18 PM

This is from June, but still seems useful for identifying misinformation and disinformation:

[quote]PEN AMERICA’S GUIDE FOR COMBATING PROTEST DISINFORMATION

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2020 10:17 AM

[quote]What qualifies a gathering as being a riot in Portland?

Basically, it's whatever the police say is a riot.

by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote]R52 can you tell me what in my post at R42 makes you think I’m trolling.

I didn't. I was pointing out that your post at R42 was not part of the troll's posting history. He was being rather stupid in assuming that nobody would check.

by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2020 3:21 PM

They are throwing molotov cocktails at buildings! And you assholes are defending them!

by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2020 3:35 PM

R59 is correct. Excellent explanation of Portland. I am not a native, but lived there since 1993, until I had to relocate to another part of the state, 2 years ago. (Still have a home in Laurelhurst).

by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2020 3:35 PM

So what we are learning is lots of homeless people make riots worse.

by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2020 3:38 PM

R61 There has to be some actual criteria. Police have a written protocol for everything. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 66August 16, 2020 4:45 PM

Thanks R62, makes sense on a second reading.

R63 no one is defending the assholes who are trying to create chaos and vandalizing buildings, vehicles, etc. They are a small fringe group and are present at most protests in Portland. What people are saying is to not believe the media hype (the article at R35 talks about Russian disinformation), nor should you trust the police's version. They can only lawfully use teargas when they fear for their lives, which a riot constitutes that, ergo everything is declared a riot. The article at R50 has good information regarding that.

by Anonymousreply 67August 16, 2020 4:55 PM

The hatred of the police in Portland is totally baffling to an outsider.

Y'all have a significantly lower crime rate than most U.S. cities, and very few instances of even minor police brutality. What's the problem? You have a black police chief, in a city where the black population is in the single digits!

The main source of violence in Portland seems to be political protests and crazy homeless people.

by Anonymousreply 68August 16, 2020 4:56 PM

Portland can burn. Lesson to the others.

by Anonymousreply 69August 16, 2020 4:57 PM

This is somewhere in the neighborhood surrounding Laurelhurst park last night. Counter protestors showed up and were chased away, and an Antifa protestor with a bat threw one on the ground and hit him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 16, 2020 5:09 PM

[R68] I was wondering the same! I’m used to living in a crime ridden city that’s mostly Black and we don’t hate the police and no one has destroyed businesses, either.

by Anonymousreply 71August 16, 2020 5:10 PM

One of the handful of black people who were actually there let the baseball bat guy have it 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 16, 2020 5:10 PM

You can see homes in the background of this clip, the crowd attempted to charge the Penumbra Kelly building at 4735 E Burnside St. and was reportedly using nearby Laurelhurst Park as their base of operations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2020 5:16 PM

White supremacist run amouck?

by Anonymousreply 74August 16, 2020 5:28 PM

I've thought for a long time that the hard left are de facto white supremacists. Given the clip at R72 he appears to have been with the BLM protestors.

I haven't seen any reports yet about who the counter protestors were, but they sure look like residents of that neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2020 5:34 PM

R75 the soft bigotry of low expectations that the far left displays is just old fashioned racism that they have conveniently tried to redefine mixed with classism: the wealthy whites are the only ones who know what's best for those evil racist poor whites and the perpetually victimized blacks.

by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2020 9:18 PM

Rioters surrounded a man who had crashed his truck last night, forced him to sit on the ground while they dug through his belongings, and then beat him unconcious when he tried to get back up.

This happened in downtown last night, nobody seems to know which intersection. The whole ordeal was filmed by at least three amateur journalists.

A guy wearing a bulletproof vest with "security" written on it took a flying kick to the guy's head knocking him out cold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 17, 2020 11:19 AM

Prior to the car crash, the same crowd had been harrassing people tryng to drive through an intersection. They threw a woman on heer fave in the middle of the road and punched her. She appears to be a random member of the public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2020 11:22 AM

Since they've chosen to go with Patrick Kimmons as their martyr, I'm taking it to mean Portland Police have never shot an unarmed black man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2020 11:25 AM

R78 They threw her on her face.

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2020 11:28 AM

The same crowd robbed and beat a reportedly homeless transwoman. Security vest guy also initiated this confrontation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 17, 2020 11:30 AM

This is apparently what led up to the car crash. The man stopped at the intersection where "Black Lives Matter" (antifa),were harrassing drivers, and they tried to pull him out of his truck. He drove away and the crowd chased him down the street. You can hear his tires squeal at the end of the clip:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 17, 2020 12:05 PM

Chronological order of the videos is R81, R82, R77.

The guy in the blue shirt intervened in the beating of the transwoman, pissing off the protestors, who then swarmed his truck and chased him as he was trying to leave. He crashed his truck, they beat him in the street.

Portland police eventually showed up and these same people chanted "Black Lives Matter" and called them white supremacists.

by Anonymousreply 83August 17, 2020 12:11 PM

Dumb of him to intervene. I get trying to be a good guy but these protests are mostly lead by mentally ill social justice warriors who are using this as an excuse to go ballistic. If you see them doing something you mind your own business, don't get involved, and pray to god they don't see that you're white.

by Anonymousreply 84August 17, 2020 12:50 PM

I really am suprised that no right wingers have shot up any of these protests. Maybe they think there's no need, they're self-destructive enough, an AK won't do any more damage to them that they couldn't do themselves.

by Anonymousreply 85August 17, 2020 12:51 PM

R85 The moral high ground seems to lie in just filming them assaulting people. Republican news makes it sound like methed up bands of Antifa are roaming the streets raping and pillaging in broad daylight. That doesn't make the reality of what's actually happening acceptable, though.

Also, it's Portland, so the likelihood is that all of the people they've attacked so far are vote Democrat. For now 😬

by Anonymousreply 86August 17, 2020 1:18 PM

Saturday night, this white protestor tore of his shirt and charged police on North Lombard St. in North Portland. I find this moron strangely attractive. Idiots are hot.

The police are finally starting to push back on this idiocy. The continuing protests in Portland are not making black peoples lives any better. The protestors are now the tantrums of some 200 white social retards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2020 1:28 PM

Beating up and alnost murdering someone who tried to help a transgender person who they also robbed will be hard to defend.

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2020 3:54 PM

Burn baby, burn 🔥

by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2020 4:44 PM

The security vest guy has been identified by the internet. He works as a security guard, and has of yet not been arrested. As of a couple of hours ago the kickee was stick out cold in the hospital, meaning he's been unconcious for several hours at the minimum. The attack happened sometime around 12-1 am PST.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2020 6:44 PM

People like R112 deserver everything that happens to them. Idiots like that aren't there to legitimately protest. They are part of the assholes who go to the protests to "fuck some shit up." This town could use a good purge of the lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 91August 17, 2020 8:50 PM

Oh dear, *deserve.

by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2020 8:51 PM

R91 Who?

by Anonymousreply 93August 17, 2020 8:54 PM

Yikes, I meant the guy in the video in R87.

by Anonymousreply 94August 17, 2020 8:57 PM

Ah, got it. You're right. If the internet has correctly identified him he has previous convictions for domestic battery- not a surprise. Also a transplant from Florida.

by Anonymousreply 95August 17, 2020 9:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 17, 2020 9:38 PM

No one deserves what happened to either of the people in these videos, but the transwoman was following people, screaming at them and then pulled out an asp baton. Did she need to be following them screaming at them? Same with the guy in the truck. He drove away and then backed up toward the group for some unknown reason. Again, NEITHER of them deserved what happened, and hopefully all involved in the attacks will be punished, but both of the people who got beat escalated the situation.

by Anonymousreply 97August 17, 2020 10:03 PM

None of it has any rhyme or reason. Any motivation there once was is gone. It's now just violence for the sake of violence, chaos for the sake of chaos. This is America's future. Nothing but fire, bloodshed, destruction, and chaos.

by Anonymousreply 98August 17, 2020 10:33 PM

MARY ^

by Anonymousreply 99August 17, 2020 11:11 PM

Non account says he backed into them. No account described the trans woman doing that, R97. Gives us a link. I guess this is the best new narrative you can come up with. "They didn't deserve it but..."

You disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 100August 17, 2020 11:38 PM

The libs who run these cities are making a very big mistake. "Remember in November" is appearing in many a comment on stories about Portland, NYC, Chicago, etc.

by Anonymousreply 101August 17, 2020 11:43 PM

Unconfirmed rumor on Twitter that the guy who got kicked has passed away.

by Anonymousreply 102August 17, 2020 11:44 PM

Is Portland being addressed at the Dem Convention tonight? I was voting Biden but today I'm voting third party protest.

by Anonymousreply 103August 17, 2020 11:49 PM

[quote]I was voting Biden but today I'm voting third party protest.

Why don't you just vote for Trump, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 104August 17, 2020 11:50 PM

R100 watch the video at R81. The trans person is next to the fire hydrant at around 15 seconds into the video. Instead of turning around and leaving that area, they start jawing with the person who is obviously looking for confrontation, then pulls out an asp baton and extends it. They had the opportunity to walk away from a volatile situation when they weren't a target, but made themselves one by mouthing off to the person who was looking for confrontation.

Then watch the video at R82. The guy's truck is a block away at a stop light, then he starts backing up toward where he came from. They're even yelling he's coming back in the video. He could have just continued to drive away as he started to, but again went backwards toward the situation that was volatile. Nowhere did I say he back into them.

Again NEITHER of these people deserved to get beat up and put in the hospital in the case of the guy, but they were in what was obviously a volatile situation and could have removed themselves from it and instead chose to escalate it with their actions. When you're surrounded by a bunch of idiots hopped up on ignorance and looking for any chance to be violent, you be smart and remove yourself from the situation.

None of the people in these videos have anything to do with what the protests are about. They need to keep their asses at home.

Save your disgust for the assholes in the video who beat a man and put him into the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 105August 17, 2020 11:50 PM

[quote]Is Portland being addressed at the Dem Convention tonight?

No. Why on earth would it be?

[quote]I was voting Biden but today I'm voting third party protest.

LOL.... Right....

We do have some of the dumbest trolls on the Internet, don't we?

by Anonymousreply 106August 17, 2020 11:51 PM

That'll show them R103. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 107August 17, 2020 11:52 PM

Here is a complete breakdown of the full video of the assault on the trans woman, and the good Samaritan who tried to help her and got brutalised for his efforts while offering no resistance.

If it's true he has died, there are at least 5 people who need life terms in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 17, 2020 11:52 PM

R101 the comment section on internet articles are mostly trollbait. You can't take anything you read there seriously. The level of discourse is often that of middle school playground taunts.

by Anonymousreply 109August 17, 2020 11:54 PM

Where are their masks?

by Anonymousreply 110August 17, 2020 11:55 PM

I love how hard they're trying to make this happen, though, R109. It's sort of like "Mean Girls" and the one who kept trying to make "fetch" happen.

by Anonymousreply 111August 17, 2020 11:56 PM

she had been robbed before she waved that thing.

He was attacked and confused. Backing up briefly was not escalating. No jury would believe that. You are trying to lay some blame on the victims .

You are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 112August 17, 2020 11:58 PM

Why would Portland be addressed at the DNC, R106?

Because Democrats of integrity should be speaking up and speaking out against the violence, vandalism, lawlessness, exponential increase in shootings and shooting deaths that have exploded since the death of George Floyd, and speaking up for the right of ordinary law-abiding, tax-paying citizens (also known as, the voters they need) to safety and a decent quality of life where they live.

Some are sitting on their hands because they are idiots who honestly believe it's woke and BLM to look the other way. Others are sitting on their hands out of a cynical but deluded calculus that looking the other way will hurt DJT in the election. Big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 113August 17, 2020 11:59 PM

R108: Patricia Wright

Charlotte Reed

Benny Diambu-Wright

Say their names, you father-fucker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 17, 2020 11:59 PM

Because Democrats should support safety for all Americans. They are also not speaking up because they are afraid they will lose votes from Blacks. I think wrongly. They will lose the Woke vote if they speak up tho.

by Anonymousreply 115August 18, 2020 12:02 AM

R115 Black people hate this shit.

by Anonymousreply 116August 18, 2020 12:04 AM

No R112 she was robbed after that. Watch the video at R81. She has her backpack and skateboard. She comes from out of screen and is yelling at them about them having just attacked the person in the crosswalk. She then pulls out the baton, they take it from her, then take her skateboard and backpack, then chase her down and beat her. She deserved none of it, but she could have jumped on her skateboard and rode away rather than following them from out of screen and starting to yell at them. You have to use some common sense.

The video at R108 explains why the guy in the truck came back toward the situation. His wife was still in the crowd being attacked so he was most likely trying to go back for her.

by Anonymousreply 117August 18, 2020 12:09 AM

[quote]Because Democrats should support safety for all Americans.

They do. This still isn't a pressing national issue. Biden has already talked about BLM, the protests, and the police.

[quote]They are also not speaking up because they are afraid they will lose votes from Blacks.

I think that unicorns are flying out of your butt at this very moment. Both your statement and mine are equally accurate.

by Anonymousreply 118August 18, 2020 12:11 AM

The video at r108 clearly shows the man was entirely peaceful.

These thugs better pray - hard - that he pulls through, because the full video shows the scale of their abuse of him, AND the fact that it went on for over an hour, and that he was completely docile.

It's all on video and audio. If I were them I'd be hightailing it to a country without an extradition treaty right now.

by Anonymousreply 119August 18, 2020 12:38 AM

The 'Antifa DOESN'T EXIST' Dataloungers are very quiet now, shockingly enough....

by Anonymousreply 120August 18, 2020 12:42 AM

R119 I'm the person above who questioned why he would back up to the situation after driving away. That was based on only the short video posted earlier. After watching R108 video I understand he was going back for his wife.

I think it's clear that what needs to happen is the adults in the room need to get the word out and they need to stay home. Let the lowlife idiots like seen in the videos above have at it and let the police take care of them. These are the fringe assholes present at most protests in Portland. They have no interest in what the purpose of the protest is. They're only there to fuck shit up.

by Anonymousreply 121August 18, 2020 12:44 AM

The Portland police need to execute the anarchists

by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2020 1:04 AM

R118 What the fuck? People are burning down buildings, assaulting anybody they see on the street, and you don't think it's a pressing national issue?

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2020 1:05 AM

I hate them both at this point.

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2020 1:05 AM

Anyone who supports what's going on in Portland is an evil degenerate who will get theirs eventually.

by Anonymousreply 125August 18, 2020 1:06 AM

The guy who kicked the truck driver in the head has been identified. Yes, the source is far right, but it's pretty in depth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 18, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote]What the fuck? People are burning down buildings, assaulting anybody they see on the street, and you don't think it's a pressing national issue?

A few hundred people in Portland, a few dozen of whom are committing violence and you think it's a pressing national issue?

You're delusional.

by Anonymousreply 127August 18, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote]The 'Antifa DOESN'T EXIST' Dataloungers are very quiet now, shockingly enough....

Um, nobody has said that it "DOESN'T EXIST." We've simply pointed out, accurately, that the right just love to toss out that name regardless of whether it's accurate or not and regardless of whether there is even a shred of evidence to indicate it.

by Anonymousreply 128August 18, 2020 1:13 AM

JFC, r127. You are everything that is wrong with this entire situation.

Have a long fucking chat with yourself and get your head put on straight, for FUCK's sake.

by Anonymousreply 129August 18, 2020 1:13 AM

R129, going into a full drama queen hissy fit over isolated incidents like these *really* isn't helping your case, "for FUCK's sake."

by Anonymousreply 130August 18, 2020 1:14 AM

But then you don't even live in the U.S., r129.

by Anonymousreply 131August 18, 2020 1:15 AM

No, I live in a place which has lived with street violence for a long time and I'm seeing assholes here who've caught the violence bug off place like Portland.

It isn't just America which has been affected by the side effects of the violence that some of the pricks on here are so fond of.

by Anonymousreply 132August 18, 2020 1:19 AM

Receipts on the "Antifa doesn't exist" trolls being all over DL. This thread is from June:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 18, 2020 1:28 AM

The guy who got kicked is still alive! PPB have released a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 18, 2020 1:34 AM

That's good news, r134. Thanks for posting that.

by Anonymousreply 135August 18, 2020 1:55 AM

R119, he didn't deserve it, but...if you minutely examine the tapes you will see he made a slight movement in that hour that made it partly his fault and can you blame those poor victims, er, I mean assailants (alleged), and if a transgender person cowering on the ground yells at you and waves something at you the normal response is to steal everything she has. To suggest otherwise is literal violence, er...we need to understand the full context.

by Anonymousreply 136August 18, 2020 2:29 AM

I know, r136. The apologists in this thread are indeed disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 137August 18, 2020 2:41 AM

Also, given that a transgender person was assaulted has the Human Rights Champaign, or some such, issued a statement yet?

Meeting furiously over Zoom as we speak to "craft" the right bullshit, er, statement, no doubt !

by Anonymousreply 138August 18, 2020 2:43 AM

Can it with your changing of the timeline R136. No one is blaming victims. What has been said (by me) is that when you are watching a group of people attack someone in the middle of the street, it is probably not the smartest choice to follow and yell at them, especially if you are there alone and you look obviously trans, which is going to make you a target to a lot of people. The trans person was robbed after following and yelling at the people. First they took the asp baton she pulled out, then her skateboard and backpack. That is when she was chased, pushed on the ground attacked and crying. If you live in Portland you know these types of activities are occurring nightly and have nothing to do with the BLM protests, so if you put yourself in the vicinity of it, you risk becoming victim to it. This wasn't a random transphobic attack, it happened in the same area that violence has been occurring for 80 nights in a row. If you live in Portland, you know to avoid this area late at night.

by Anonymousreply 139August 18, 2020 2:44 AM

Of course the Trans activists have said NOTHING that I have seen about this, r138, even though the multiple robberies and beating into the ground and wall - with the trans woman loudly saying she would rather kill herself than continue to be beaten like that - are all clearly visible on video.

Total silence.

So much for "Trans Lives Matter"

by Anonymousreply 140August 18, 2020 2:51 AM

also the response above, "let the police handle it".

Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 141August 18, 2020 2:51 AM

R139 represents the prejudice of low expectations, REALLY low expectations!

So BLM and antifi protesters should be carefully avoided (although practicality peaceful as they are only attacking buildings, buildings with people in them granted but still buildings) because if you get too close and make any unusual moves they might kill you! But what are you to expect?

Anywho, transpeople living on the street, as this one probably was,, are not bastions of sanity, most non-insane people give them a wide bearth. What most moral people do is everything but chase them down the street and beat them to the ground!

by Anonymousreply 142August 18, 2020 3:07 AM

Imagine if the Stunning and Brave victim was a TWOC! Heads [bold]really[/bold] would be spinning right about now!

by Anonymousreply 143August 18, 2020 3:14 AM

The extenuating circumstances, and the supposed moral or other cubability (by "exacerbating the situation ") of the two victims here doesn't amount to a hill of beans. They are so unimportant in weighing the legal responsibilities, and in evaluating the moral depravity of the assailants that they need not be discussed. Anyone doing so either has the agenda of rewriting the narrative or is morally blinkered themselves. Most people instinctively know this and are repulsed by such arguments.

by Anonymousreply 144August 18, 2020 3:16 AM

No R139 (me) represents using common sense. Anyone living in Portland knows that the peaceful protests occur during the day/early part of the night and then the assholes come in around 10ish and start stirring shit up. Most of the peaceful protestors leave when the idiots start up. Yes, most moral people do everything but chase someone down the street and beat them. The people in the videos posted in this thread are not that type (moral) of person. They attacked someone in the middle of the street for no apparent reason. The trans person witnessed it, then followed and started yelling at them. Good as her intentions may have been for standing up for the person they had just attacked, you have to know when you're putting yourself in danger and chasing down a group of people you just witnessed attack some one is doing exactly that.

Somewhere in the video she is crying that she needs her bag because she can't get into her apartment without it, so it appears she may not live on the street.

by Anonymousreply 145August 18, 2020 3:20 AM

She has an apartment, r139.

She says so repeatedly as she begged them to return at least her keys from all the things they violently stole from her.

Way to show you haven't watched the video of the attack on her.

You CLEARLY care about trans lives, don't you, r139?

Fuck you and you poisonous apologists, r139.

by Anonymousreply 146August 18, 2020 3:25 AM

R146, where in R139 did I say she doesn't have an apartment. If you read my follow up post at R145 I even mention she is crying about not being able to get into her apartment. I've watched all of the videos , including the 36 minute youtube video. The person who hasn't watched the videos is R136 (and if they aren't the same person in multiple posts above it, then them too) who keeps claiming that they robbed her after they had chased her and pushed her to the ground. No they didn't. As clearly seen in R81 video, she has her backpack and skateboard when she enters the screen at around 15 seconds. Shit goes down, they steal her stuff, chase her, push her down, attack her and that is when she's crying about needing her bag to get into her apartment.

One can care about trans lives, one can think the attack is horrific AND say one should use common sense and avoid the fucking area where violence has occurred for 79 straight nights. It's not an either/or only choice.

by Anonymousreply 147August 18, 2020 3:39 AM

The Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security has retweeted the attack video with a sassy jibe at Mark Schmidt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 18, 2020 3:50 AM

Fuck off with your poor excuses r147.

She was brutalise, and then the man who tried to save her - and his wife - were brutalised.

BLM trumps trans lives, and all other lives, every. single. fucking. time. with your kind.

It's obvious. Just admit it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 18, 2020 4:30 AM

Look at the vid at r149, listen to them, and believe them:

ANY. MEANS. NECESSARY.

Ultrascum.

by Anonymousreply 150August 18, 2020 4:53 AM

Ahem...don’t let this troll upset you.

Keep your eye on the prize.

by Anonymousreply 151August 18, 2020 5:01 AM

What does 'Keep your eye on the prize' mean in response to the video I posted, r151?

Do you mean keep brutalising transgender people and also those who try to save them?

From people like you who delight in brutalising trans and their allies?

by Anonymousreply 152August 18, 2020 5:05 AM

Hysterical fool

by Anonymousreply 153August 18, 2020 5:07 AM

You seem a little unhinged R150 and R152.

by Anonymousreply 154August 18, 2020 5:08 AM

Portland is Seattle's shitty sister to the south.

by Anonymousreply 155August 18, 2020 5:10 AM

Do I, apologist at r154?

So you approve of that sort of unwarranted violence on a man who is entirely docile, I see.

Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 156August 18, 2020 5:16 AM

Oh look - turns out r154 was there, shouting over the body "We got BLOOD, n*****r! That's what I'm out here for!"

Well, I hope your bloodlust was sated tonight, r154.

And I also hope that you are monitored by the authorities for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 157August 18, 2020 5:27 AM

JFC R157 get some help. Someone needs to be monitoring your meds.

by Anonymousreply 158August 18, 2020 5:49 AM

No, r158.

You are the one endorsing violence.

Just for that, you are sicker than anyone I know.

by Anonymousreply 159August 18, 2020 5:56 AM

And you're the deranged cunt claiming someone posting on this thread is in a video also posted on this thread. The only sickness in play is your obvious mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 160August 18, 2020 6:02 AM

I'm the sick one? YOU'RE the one defending the violence, r160.

by Anonymousreply 161August 18, 2020 8:23 AM

Don't you know that what you are saying is LITERAL VIOLENCE, R160? LITERAL VIOLENCE!!!!!

People like R161 make coming to this site such a chore more often than not. LITERAL VIOLENCE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 162August 18, 2020 8:57 AM

The guy who got kicked has been identified as Adam Haner. No update on his condition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 18, 2020 10:39 AM

Come rain, shine, or international scandal, the shenanigans don't stop.

Rioters blocked N. Lombard street for several hours and broke into the Portland Police Association building and attempted to flood it with a hose. They shined lasers into officers' eyes and had to be dispersed with smoke canisters.

The videographers don't appear to have been out last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 18, 2020 10:50 AM

Adam Haner, The Good Samaritan whose brain will never be the same again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 18, 2020 10:55 AM

I don’t know what the people reported on in R164 hope to accomplish, but no one but their small group of idiots is supportive of the vandalism and destruction of property.

by Anonymousreply 166August 18, 2020 4:23 PM

R166 What are you basing that on?

by Anonymousreply 167August 18, 2020 4:26 PM

Patrick Kimmons' mother Letha Winston seems to be a huge instigator. Here she is ranting outside the Portland Police Association last night telling the crowd they need to "march through residential areas" and "you damage the property to make your.... [pause] ..... Black Lives Matter!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 18, 2020 4:53 PM

Here's the window they ran the hose through last night:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 18, 2020 4:57 PM

Basing what on R167? That the majority of the city does not support the continued destruction of property, vandalism and violence by a small group of idiots who are present at most protests in Portland and continually use them for an excuse to cause damage? I live here that's what I'm basing it on. Common sense. That's what I'm basing it on. Our worthless mayor refuses to do anything but his recent pathetic photo-op where he was tear gassed by the feds. What he needs to do is meet with the organizers of the true protests, convince them to stay home, then allow the police to start arresting and charging the idiots who are out there causing damage such as reported in R164. It's been two days since the attack on the guy that left him hospitalized with what they are saying will probably be permanent damage. The guy has been identified, his picture and video of him kicking the guy in the head have been circulated far and wide on the internet. There's barely been a peep from the local media or the police. The mayor is in charge of the police bureau, so this all rests on his shoulders. This has been leadership failure of epic proportions on his part. The sad thing is, he'll probably be re-elected - he barely avoided a runoff. He received 49.2% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 170August 18, 2020 5:21 PM

Ah, got you. You are completely correct on all counts. Wheeler needs to step up.

The only tactic that has seemed to get his attention up to now is publicly embarrassing him. Maybe calls from national newspapers and international press asking for comment on the attack two nights ago will shame him into action.

He did negotiate a "cease-fire" after the presence of federal agents in Portland backfired and started making Trump look good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 18, 2020 5:30 PM

Hey R170, do you know anything about Sarah Iannarone? What's her deal?

by Anonymousreply 172August 18, 2020 5:32 PM

R172 Sarah Iannarone has promised to end all sweeps of the homeless encampments is she’s elected as mayor.

That alone makes her a non starter. Portland is enough of a hobo meth head shit hole as it is.

I guess I be voting for the useless beta cuck Ted Wheeler...again.

by Anonymousreply 173August 18, 2020 5:42 PM

Unfortunately I do not R172, but if R173 is correct, then yep she's a no for me. The homeless problem is out of control here. Old Town is nothing but a huge tent city and I've had neighbors attacked walking to the grocery store one block away from the building I live in, which is in downtown proper. I've worked for years with a person very active in local politics and gay organizations, so I kept up through them, but I run a small business and since March it has been just me, so I'm killing myself most days to keep on top of it and haven't had as much time to keep up on local issues. Instead I choose to come to places like dl for relaxation as evidenced by my fight yesterday with the "you're supporting violence" poster. Apologies to the board for allowing myself to get sucked into it and posting increasingly worse replies.

by Anonymousreply 174August 18, 2020 5:49 PM

Also, R173, what sweeps? Haha.

by Anonymousreply 175August 18, 2020 5:50 PM

[R174] You have great information and perspective, so thank you for sharing. I hope things get better for you and your business. Internet best wishes!

by Anonymousreply 176August 18, 2020 5:58 PM

Manhunt underway for Marquise Lee Love, a Portland-area DJ who goes by Keese Love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 18, 2020 8:28 PM

I hope Keese Love gets shanked in a cold dark alleyway with no help in sight.

by Anonymousreply 178August 18, 2020 8:32 PM

Any shirtless pics of Keese Love?

by Anonymousreply 179August 18, 2020 8:38 PM

R179 wants to keese him and love him.

by Anonymousreply 180August 18, 2020 9:22 PM

“Like many Oregonians, I was sickened by the video circulating online showing a man being pulled from his truck in Downtown Portland and beaten and kicked until he lies on the pavement unconscious. While the circumstances leading up to this brutal assault are still under state and federal review, I must condemn, in the strongest possible terms, this depraved violence.

We must all continue to work together to achieve peace in the streets of Portland. If we are not successful, I fear one day soon we will wake up to news that a Portlander has been killed. We cannot let this happen.”

I got excited when I saw this because I thought it was from the Attorney General of Oregon, but sadly it's a resounding denouncement of the violence in Portland by the U.S. Attorney for the district of Oregon- a federal appointee. 😟

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 19, 2020 3:33 AM

[quote] Patrick Kimmons' mother Letha Winston seems to be a huge instigator. Here she is ranting outside the Portland Police Association last night telling the crowd they need to "march through residential areas" and "you damage the property to make your.... [pause] ..... Black Lives Matter!"

R168, I heard her say "you do NOT have to do damage to property to make your Black Lives Matter." Listen again. She is essentially castigating the crowd and saying she got her son's case reopened and she didn't have to do what they are doing.

She goes on to say, "I didn't burn down the justice center. I didn't stand in front of a police center. I marched through residential areas and I did them a favor and woke up the mf neighbors."

by Anonymousreply 182August 19, 2020 5:13 AM

Another night, another attempt to burn down a government building. This time the county offices, which allegedly the sheriff has an office in.

Another night without any of our “leaders” showing any capability to lead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 19, 2020 11:46 AM

Here's some video of R183. A leader in the crowd led a call and response- "What did you see?" "Didn't see shit!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 19, 2020 12:17 PM

R182 😱 you're right! I completely misheard her! Explains why nobody but me "noticed" that. Disregard R168 everybody, sorry I fucked up! Sorry Letha (there's no way she'll read this, but I did kind of disparage her, so...)

Wouldn't it be great if professional journalists would report on this instead of forcing random people on the internet to do it in their spare time? I mean, they do, but they just repeat press releases from activists and gloss over minor details like "what actually happened," and "criticism of the activists."

by Anonymousreply 185August 19, 2020 12:24 PM

I thought this was interesting enough to link- police popping the tires of a snack van after the Multnomah County Building was set on fire and they were trying to disperse the crowd.

These snack vans have been very controversial for a while. They're accused by Andy Ngo of distributing weapons, like sticks, in addition to food.

At one point the people running the vans were calling themselves "Riot Ribs" but iirc they've changed their name a couple of times. Otter Pops got sucked into promising to provide them with free products this week before there was a Twitter outrage and the company backed out.

The van is the white transit van behind the wall of officers in the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186August 19, 2020 1:51 PM

I've met Andy Ngo, he's a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 187August 19, 2020 1:58 PM

Andy Ngo is fat idiot grifter, but OCCASIONALLY, his “reporting”is factual and true.

by Anonymousreply 188August 19, 2020 2:13 PM

Ngo is a lying liar and anyone who supports him is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 189August 19, 2020 2:14 PM

At least no one is insisting that "shenanigans" be respelled as "theynanigans."

by Anonymousreply 190August 19, 2020 2:14 PM

R189 Give a few examples of lies he's told. Also, prove they're lies.

by Anonymousreply 191August 19, 2020 2:20 PM

Time to bring in the feds.

by Anonymousreply 192August 19, 2020 2:31 PM

IF Trump wins (God Forbid) it will the assholes in Portland, Seattle and Richmond who hand him the win. Not just the "protestors" but the cowardly Mayors who allow this to go on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 193August 19, 2020 2:35 PM

If the political and professional classes of Portland would stop financing and providing institutional support to these people, the violence would die down almost immediately.

They have legal assistance, people paying their bail, a DA who won't prosecute them, a Mayor/Police Commissioner who hamstrings the cops, and Portlanders donating money and supplies to them through front groups.

Cut all of that off and they'll be forced to go back to marching with signs and chanting- which is their constitutional right. They skirt the line of terrorism constantly as it is.

by Anonymousreply 194August 19, 2020 2:38 PM

Wow, the related tweets if you scroll down at the link in R184 are quite scary.

One says the GOP kicked all those responsible for Iraq out of the party and they've found homes as democrats.

by Anonymousreply 195August 19, 2020 9:57 PM

A group of a couple hundred people gathered at Elizabeth Carruthers Park on S. Moody Ave. last night and marched to the ICE offices on S.W. Macadam Ave. They used vehicles to block traffic at the intersection of S. Bancroft St. and S. Moody.

They vandalized the building and threw rocks and full cans of coke at officers. A riot was declared and they were pushed away by officers to the intersection of S. Gaines St. and S. Bond Ave., where they set a mattress on fire in the middle of the intersection, then stealing a picnic table from a nearby restaurant and adding it to the fire.

The group then returned to the ICE offices and broke windows and again threw rocks at the police. Arrests were then made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 20, 2020 6:14 PM

This is the second dispersal of the crowd, after they had returned to the ICE offices:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 20, 2020 6:19 PM

Rioters, all outfitted with pricey gas masks, attempt to goad a Portland Police Officer into a fight. He yells "Get on the Sidewalk!"

These kids read as suburban theater kids to me. I just Googled the cost of gas masks and the cheapest one I saw was $150 😱

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 20, 2020 6:25 PM

View of the bonfire @ Bancroft and Gaines via a KOIN reporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 20, 2020 6:28 PM

I don't get why you're all complaining that nobody is leading or that nobody is doing anything. They've been fucking trying. They send in cops, military, ICE, the goddamn national guard and yet they STILL get vilified by literally everyone. Why should they even try to help when they get demonized for attempting to control the situation?

by Anonymousreply 200August 20, 2020 7:19 PM

I think people are still wedded to that 60s idea of the conservative totalitarian cops vs. the Hippie protestors. It takes a while for people to catch on that times have changed.

by Anonymousreply 201August 20, 2020 7:24 PM

R200 because they're not actually doing anything. Our mayor has poked his head out of his shell 2 or 3 times to address what's going on. Every night it is the same pattern. The police disburse the crowd with tear gas/munitions and that is it. They're back the next night to repeat the same old song and dance. There have been no repercussions for the idiots who are starting fires, beating people up, etc. Until they start arresting and charging them (which the new DA has refused to do in most cases) and they start suffering consequences for their actions, their is no motivation for them to stop. There are funds set up to bail people out, so even if someone is taken in, they're usually out in a matter of hours. The mayor needs to do what he did early on. Declare a curfew and when the curfew arrives, start rounding people up and tossing them in jail.

by Anonymousreply 202August 20, 2020 7:31 PM

R201 True. The cops have evolved to militarized fascists baiting aggression towards their ICE centers, and the hippies have begun taking up more arms than flower power and are openly stating to be anti-fascist now that governments and industries are showing tolerance towards it.

by Anonymousreply 203August 20, 2020 7:36 PM

[quote]They've been fucking trying. They send in cops, military, ICE, the goddamn national guard and yet they STILL get vilified by literally everyone.

You just answered your own question.

by Anonymousreply 204August 20, 2020 7:43 PM

R204 My point is that they've been trying to control the situation and they've been getting shit for it, just as they get shit when they sit back and do nothing. Why would they waste resources to play a lose-lose game when they could let the assholes that hate them deal with the angry mobs themselves?

by Anonymousreply 205August 20, 2020 7:45 PM

You are assuming those are the only two choices: full-out war or do nothing. Your assumption is false.

by Anonymousreply 206August 20, 2020 7:49 PM

"The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results."

by Anonymousreply 207August 20, 2020 7:50 PM

R206 The problem is the protestors WANT all-out war. They want a revolution but they don't know what that means, apparently what it means to them is anarchy. The people in power have been trying options since May, nothing seems to sate the masses. They just want to destroy, destroy, destroy and do so with impunity. So what else are the people in power supposed to do if not either fight the war that the protestors want or give said protestors what they want and let them wreak havoc unchecked?

Seriously, what are they supposed to do?

by Anonymousreply 208August 20, 2020 7:53 PM

A distinction needs to be made. There are legitimate protestors who are trying to force (much needed) change in policing. Then there are the idiots who are treating this like a big bonfire with their friends and are causing damage just for the sake of causing damage. If you asked them why they're trying to set the country building, et. al on fire, I bet they could not give you an intelligent answer. "Because the sheriff's office is there" isn't an intelligent/legitimate answer. As I've suggested upthread, the actual protestors need to organize and plan to stay home, let the idiots continue their nightly tantrums and allow the police to arrest and charge them with crimes. Sadly there is a lack of leadership from the mayor and the DA in addressing the criminal element of the protests.

by Anonymousreply 209August 20, 2020 8:36 PM

R208 You hit the nail on the head with the fundamental issue with this summer's protests. These people instigators, not actual protestors. They latch themselves onto actual peaceful protests and use them for cover.

These "protestors" want war. They want anger, they want rage, they want violence. That's what their goal is. They chase it wherever they can find it naturally- a city where an injustice or a controversy has happened- and they introduce it where they can't find any happening naturally.

Black Lives Matter is the banner they march under, but it's a shield they hide behind while they chase what they actually want.

They want some type of destruction of the government. Definitely of the police, who would reign them in. The fact that BLACK PEOPLE DO NOT WANT THIS does not deter them- they call black cops slurs straight to their faces! A black conservative activist was stabbed by a Portland "BLM" protestor!

This is all fundamentally ugly and underhanded.

by Anonymousreply 210August 20, 2020 8:48 PM

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius. Riots and tear gas and cops. Oh my! It's 1968 all over again.

Trump = Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 211August 20, 2020 8:49 PM

R211 Exactly what it isn't. Hippies and peaceniks are nowhere to be found. The people are amazingly violent.

by Anonymousreply 212August 20, 2020 8:51 PM

[quote]The problem is the protestors WANT all-out war. They want a revolution but they don't know what that means, apparently what it means to them is anarchy. The people in power have been trying options since May, nothing seems to sate the masses. They just want to destroy, destroy, destroy and do so with impunity.

Since none of this is true, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to regard it as the rather ridiculous hyperbole it is and will move on, since it's clear that you are incapable of a serious discussion.

by Anonymousreply 213August 20, 2020 8:56 PM

1968 wasn't all hippies, peace and love R212.

[quote]Historians and political scientists say the comparisons between 1968 and 2020 represent an acute case of historical whiplash because of seemingly analogous events repeating themselves, but also — and perhaps more importantly — the sense that America is on fire and coming apart at the seams.

by Anonymousreply 214August 20, 2020 9:01 PM

In 1968 Nixon ran on a “law and order” campaign in the wake of the riots, much like political observers expect Trump to do in this election.

Sound familiar? There was also a virus from China that killed 100,000. If the Dems don't want to address law and order issue, and specifically if Joe doesn't bother to mention it tonight, Hello Donald!

by Anonymousreply 215August 20, 2020 9:04 PM

They have no war to rally against since we're withdrawing from the Middle East and haven't invaded anyone recently.

by Anonymousreply 216August 20, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote] If the Dems don't want to address law and order issue, and specifically if Joe doesn't bother to mention it tonight, Hello Donald!

Of course he won't mention it. Did Kamala last night? Has anyone at the convention?

by Anonymousreply 217August 20, 2020 9:18 PM

Interview with the guy who was kicked in the head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 20, 2020 9:29 PM

Right R217. Switch back and forth between CNN and MSNBC. It's all COVID all the time. Now take a look at Fox. It's all Anarchy all the time, bloody cops being run out of police stations and then being taken over. The emotion this provokes will give us another trump term. And that's when global anarchy will happen.

by Anonymousreply 219August 20, 2020 9:49 PM

The dems are telling us we're all racists. And they don't stop. While they're all slapping each other on the back over at the convention, I honestly don't think my vote against Trump will count.

by Anonymousreply 220August 20, 2020 9:52 PM

Of course if you're running on the idea that this shit wouldn't be happening if I were president, it helps if you're not actually the president.

by Anonymousreply 221August 20, 2020 11:20 PM

Did you know 4 yard dumpsters (approx. the size of the one in this video) cost $1,000-$1,500 each new? They usually don't belong to the City in most places, but are rented by local businesses from waste disposal companies under service contracts costing upwards of $150-$200 a month depensing on size. Waste disposal is part of the overhead of running a small business.

Just because they hold trash doesn't mean the dumpsters themselves are trash!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 21, 2020 2:54 PM

Protestors being assholes last night, harrassing people in their houses after dark. You can see a green blinding laser being waved around at 0:02 of the clip, and the dot of one being pointed at the camera lens at 0:40. This has got to be intimidating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 21, 2020 3:08 PM

Does Oregon have stand-your-ground?

by Anonymousreply 224August 21, 2020 3:10 PM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 225August 21, 2020 3:25 PM

Accounts of dubious authority are claiming on Twitter that the Mayor of Portland, Ted Wheeler ciuld be prosecuted by the DOJ for violating federal laws, specifically "Conspiracy to Interfere with Civil Rights" and neglecting action prevent such conspiracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226August 21, 2020 3:30 PM

Action for neglect to prevent:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 21, 2020 3:31 PM

The residents in this Portland neighborhood that is in r223, should have done what the neighbors of the former Seattle police chief did when the protestors were surrounding her house: confront the protestors with guns, and demand that the protestors leave their neighborhood. By the way, the former Seattle police chief is black, and the neighbors defending her are white.

by Anonymousreply 228August 21, 2020 3:32 PM

My thought would be these laws refer to a specific event, like a terrorist attack. If the right wing protest and planned Antifa counter protest turn violent tomorrow, for instance, Wheeler could be open to prosecution because he's had several days advanced warning there would be probable violence and chose not to act.

by Anonymousreply 229August 21, 2020 3:33 PM

Screeching asshole who harrassed a whole neighborhood with her illegal street march begging everyone to vote for Biden 😟

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230August 21, 2020 4:12 PM

do the citizens in portland support what's going on?

we don't seem to see a lot of them freaking out about it. maybe this is happening in downtown areas where people don't live?

by Anonymousreply 231August 21, 2020 5:32 PM

We have Dataloungers in this thread stating that the guy who was kicked in the head deserved it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 21, 2020 7:01 PM

Who cares? It’s a tiny area of Portland and a only a few dozen people hang out there after 10pm. Most are off duty cops & rightwing militia members passing themselves off as the mythological Antifa because they want the boogaloo to happen & because the cops want overtime & to pad their pensions. The rest of the city ignores it & carries on.

by Anonymousreply 233August 21, 2020 7:10 PM

R233 is liar who doesn’t even live in Portland.

by Anonymousreply 234August 21, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote] This has got to be intimidating.

Not if you have window blinds, which you should have unless you’re an asshole who sees bare windows on HGTV & think it’s cool to be an exhibitionist.

by Anonymousreply 235August 21, 2020 7:13 PM

[quote] [R233] is liar who doesn’t even live in Portland

You don’t live in Portland.

by Anonymousreply 236August 21, 2020 7:14 PM

I live in inner NE Portland. The main protest area is about 5 miles from my house. I have no reason to go down there. Our mayor is a weak leader, he needs to put an end to this, it is no longer about BLM. It's just young people after 11pm looking for excitement.

by Anonymousreply 237August 21, 2020 8:04 PM

R233 is correct that the rest of the city ignores it and carries on with their lives. I live 6 blocks away from where the protests are occurring and have no idea they're there unless I turn on news or social media. I do hear the nightly flash bangs.

R233's description of the crowd is full of shit though. It's mostly ignorant young white males causing the damage and violence. It's common at most protests in Portland.

by Anonymousreply 238August 21, 2020 10:14 PM

R231 no, the normal citizens of Portland do not support what is going on

This Reddit thread must be made by a Datalounger. The OP’s Reddit handle is “cant_say_cunt”

[quote] Can we all agree that maybe yelling "WAKE UP MOTHERFUCKER WAKE UP" into random houses in the middle of the night isn't a great protest tactic? I somehow doubt this is really winning people over here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 22, 2020 12:24 AM

are taxpayers footing the bill for the response to the protestors?

by Anonymousreply 240August 22, 2020 1:22 AM

I find it hilariously ironic that all of this destruction is only happening in extremely left/progressive cities that welcomed BLM and the protests with open arms. Don't let strays into your home if you can't deal with the fleas. Progressives are reaping what they sow.

by Anonymousreply 241August 22, 2020 1:47 AM

I'm annoyed that all of these rich white people who stoked the fires of protest early on are now throwing a fit because the chaos and destruction they've been egging on since May has finally made its way into their nice upscale gentrified neighborhoods. They love saying shit like "they built this county for free, they have the right to burn it down" when the fires are in the working class neighborhoods but the second those flames reach their expensive apartment buildings they start packing up and fleeing for the suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 242August 22, 2020 1:53 AM

R240 Who else would?

Also, despite what lies lying liars may tell you, businesses rarely carry insurance which covers riots and arson so they're replacing they're windows and merchandise out of pocket.

by Anonymousreply 243August 22, 2020 2:22 AM

R240 Who else would?

Also, despite what lies lying liars may tell you, businesses rarely carry insurance which covers riots and arson so they're replacing they're windows and merchandise out of pocket.

by Anonymousreply 244August 22, 2020 2:22 AM

An e-mail was sent out today to Portland City employees telling them to vacate downtown by noon today and to remain away the entire weekend due to anticipated violent "protests." Andy Ngo has an unverified explanation, but the e-mail itself appears to be real.

Antifa has a rumble scheduled with the Socs tomorrow at the courthouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245August 22, 2020 2:27 AM

Wheeler needs to grow some balls. Who is running against him?

by Anonymousreply 246August 22, 2020 2:56 AM

R246 Sarah Iannarone, who is far to the left of him. Not a lot of information available about her online.

by Anonymousreply 247August 22, 2020 3:04 AM

R246 Sarah Iannarone, who is far to the left of him. Not a lot of information available about her online.

by Anonymousreply 248August 22, 2020 3:04 AM

I can't believe -- or maybe I can -- that no one reports that Russia is behind this. Actually the NYT did say that they were planning (back in February) to cause racial disturbances, but no one has followed up on it.

COME ON PEOPLE -- no sane person would tell their police not to stop the rioting, nor would anyone (without some major blackmailing) say I will not prosecute rioters.

Just insane. And PLAYING RIGHT INTO TRUMP AND PUTIN'S HANDS...

by Anonymousreply 249August 22, 2020 3:21 AM

R249 You know, you do have a point there. I would not at all be surprised if there turns out to be a hostile foreign country financing and calling the shots for the Portland and Seattle Antifa types.

The DA's actions are so boneheaded, Ted Wheeler is so ineffective. Someone is paying bail for these people and buying then supplies to build incendiary devices disguised as fireworks. Who's training the leaders? Who donated to Mile Schmidt's campaign? Wheeler's? The City Councils' campaigns?

All questions actual journalists could answer if they weren't so busy carrying water for Antifa. They would also have to do actual research instead of phoning up a couple of people and repeating quotes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 22, 2020 3:38 AM

Shit like this will eventually lead to a Chinese-style social credit system and widespread surveillance incl. facial and gait recognition. It's not going to lead to anything good.

by Anonymousreply 251August 22, 2020 3:44 AM

OregonLive has corroborated Andy Ngo's report that City employees were warned away from downtown because of a bomb threat.

The FBI apparently became aware of a threat that someone was planning on driving a car full of explosives into the Mark O. Hatfield courthouse this weekend. In an abundance of caution, all federal and city government buildings closed at noon today as did a couple of office buildings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 22, 2020 4:01 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253August 22, 2020 4:15 AM

Crazy how in only a summer's time Portland has become the new Detroit.

by Anonymousreply 254August 22, 2020 4:22 AM

R253, it's really crazy that no one is reporting this. Or it gets a brief mention, or a blurb on the ticker. Fucking Fox News is covering it, but seemingly no other major outlet is. Fucking Fox News!!

by Anonymousreply 255August 22, 2020 9:00 AM

The riot was at NE Emerson St. and NE MLK Blvd. last night.

They broke windows ln a Boys and Girls Club Van 😟

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 22, 2020 12:14 PM

They tore down some traffic signs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 22, 2020 12:16 PM

Another $1,000 dumpster ruined in the street outside the North Precinct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258August 22, 2020 12:20 PM

Marching through another neighborhood at night, blocking the street and shining lights into people's windows. This is somewhere between Irving Park and the North Precinct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 22, 2020 12:24 PM

The battle videos are all the same old shit, but here's an illustrative one of police rushing Antifa's shield line.

When they get told to disperse and it becomes clear the police are going to start making arrests, they form a battle line and link arms with a line of people forming a wall of shields at the front.

The idea is, of course, to make the police look like the agressors.

Antifa used this tactic in the in the Chicago Riot last Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 22, 2020 12:31 PM

The Republicans are wasting this opportunity. This last summer could have been enough to turn the nation red for the next 50 years with the right strategy.

by Anonymousreply 261August 22, 2020 2:04 PM

It’s nice to see a prominent voice calling out the lack of leadership, but my guess is that he endorsed Wheeler when he ran for mayor (too lazy to look it up, but it would make sense in Portland politics).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 22, 2020 2:44 PM

R249 there was an article in the NYT and then a no -paywalled link posted above that detailed how Russia was involved in a disinformation campaign regarding the protests.

It would be interesting to see who is contributing to the bail fund.

by Anonymousreply 263August 22, 2020 2:50 PM

But ANTIFA DOESN'T EXIST, R260!!!!1

by Anonymousreply 264August 22, 2020 3:41 PM

I’ve been critical of the police in this thread, but this type of activity has nothing to do with the purpose of the protests. I’m all for a heavy hand to put an end to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265August 22, 2020 4:00 PM

Marquis Love surrendered to the police.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 22, 2020 4:17 PM

How do people still not realize that the violence is sparking FROM the protests. They aren't some wild independent cause, they didn't materialize out of nowhere. The violence IS the protests.

by Anonymousreply 267August 22, 2020 4:25 PM

There was a counter protest (right wing/proud boys) today. Guns have been pulled on the BLM crowd. About an hour ago the police started telling people to disperse over the loudspeakers. Helicopter and a plane have been circling overhead the last 30-45 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 268August 22, 2020 10:42 PM

Protesters at Portland rallies to show support for police and President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign engaged in physical combat repeatedly with counterprotesters Saturday without police intervention. Members of the chaotic crowd used an array of weapons, including baseball bats and firearms to beat and threaten those they opposed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269August 22, 2020 10:49 PM

They had themselves an old-fashioned 1950s style gang fight. It was pathetic as hell, they spent most of it pepper spraying each other and a few people threw punches at each other. Antifa reportedly brought condoms full of pee which were confiscated 😨

Both sides are all over Twitter accusing each other of sending in saboteurs dressed up as the opposite side- Shenanigans!

It was an unhealthily large crowd. Luckily, so far, no one has been seriously injured. The snack van was pillaged and raped by bloodthirsty fascists, oh the outrage.

1. LMAO that Antifa apparently the police would intervene. What do you people want, exactly?

2. They eventually had to intervene, which begs the question of how making more work for the police is supposed to show them support. Blue Lives Matter made asses of themselves acting like third graders all day and wasted lots of police resources in the process. Could've just sent them thank you cards or something.

by Anonymousreply 270August 23, 2020 3:09 AM

[quote] Antifa reportedly brought condoms full of pee which were confiscated

WTF!?

by Anonymousreply 271August 23, 2020 5:21 AM

Riot videos- remember these are all everyday people, who aren't very different from each other, who spent time and money to kit themselves out so they could brawl in the street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272August 23, 2020 5:39 AM

R271 Sorry, it was condoms filled with "an unknown foul liquid" and water bottles filled with pee. They took pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273August 23, 2020 5:51 AM

The Battle of the Snack Van

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274August 23, 2020 5:54 AM

Antifa have moved on to their regular nightly bullshit. They're outside the Penumbra Kelly building again, with a guillotine for some reason.

Do note that they were whining not 5 hours ago that Portland Police were not preventing them from being punched by counter protestors who they had specifically sought out for confrontations. That doesn't excuse violence, violence is wrong regardless of who's engaging in it, but... what the fuck do these people want?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275August 23, 2020 6:11 AM

Antifa have moved on to their regular nightly bullshit. They're outside the Penumbra Kelly building again, with a guillotine for some reason.

Do note that they were whining not 5 hours ago that Portland Police were not preventing them from being punched by counter protestors who they had specifically sought out for confrontations. That doesn't excuse violence, violence is wrong regardless of who's engaging in it, but... what the fuck do these people want?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276August 23, 2020 6:11 AM

This fucking snack van.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277August 23, 2020 6:14 AM

R250, here's the link to the March 2020 article...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 23, 2020 6:35 AM

The fighting is fun, the destruction isn't. I wish the rioters would spend all their time throwing pee filled condoms at the proud boys like it's all one big reenactment of Revenge Of The Nerds rather than destroying businesses and stuff. In fact, all of these riots should just devolve into big prank wars between the protestors, the cops, and the counterprotestors.

by Anonymousreply 279August 23, 2020 1:13 PM

[quote] Do note that they were whining not 5 hours ago that Portland Police were not preventing them from being punched by counter protestors

Oh the irony.

And what is the "snack van"?

by Anonymousreply 280August 23, 2020 1:21 PM

R280 It got talked about a little in R186.

I'm convinced the snack van distributes amphetamines, and that's why shit always kicks off a short while after it rolls up. I've never seen a report of that, it's just my suspicion give how completely tweaked out the protestors often act- and selling drugs out of ice cream trucks is a long tradition at this point.

by Anonymousreply 281August 23, 2020 2:06 PM

Nah, the snack vans have explosives and gear in them.

by Anonymousreply 282August 23, 2020 2:20 PM

R281 and r282 are the most stupid cunts to have ever stupidly cunted

by Anonymousreply 283August 23, 2020 2:55 PM

Did someone say snack van?

by Anonymousreply 284August 23, 2020 2:55 PM

LMAO Miss Ma'am and her big attitude 😂

"Do you have to work tomorrow?" "No"

In all fairness, though, most people don't work Sundays. Is this you R283?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 23, 2020 4:00 PM

LMAO Miss Ma'am and her big attitude 😂

"Do you have to work tomorrow?" "No"

In all fairness, though, most people don't work Sundays. Is this you R283?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286August 23, 2020 4:00 PM

On to the next one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287August 23, 2020 10:50 PM

The Portland elected officials are useless. The Portland Police are hamstrung by the useless mayor. who’s the police commissioner.

I despise Trump, and I’ll vote for Joe Biden, but the Feds need to bust some heads in Portland. Now. Kneecap those spoiled white kids in all black clothes. Tear their gas masks off and empty a can of mace in their eyes. Permanently scar their faces.

by Anonymousreply 288August 23, 2020 11:35 PM

Agree 100% with your first paragraph R288.

The commission form of government in Portland is a joke. It is the last city of its size with this form of government. City commissioners are elected, then the mayor assigns them to oversee one of the city bureaus (transportation/housing/water/fire) regardless if they have experience running that type of agency or not. The mayor oversees the police bureau which results in situations such as the current sh*tshow, where he is the boss of the police bureau and has exhibited zero leadership in helping the police navigate the situation. One of the other commissioners recently (and publicly) called for him to put her in charge of it, but he declined. The mayor and the 4 commissioners (and the city auditor) make up the city council.

There was a ballot initiative in 2005 that would have abolished the commission form of government. It was soundly defeated at the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 289August 24, 2020 2:22 AM

Antifa set the North Precinct on fire again. This fire was really serious:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 24, 2020 11:18 AM

The scene outside the precinct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291August 24, 2020 11:20 AM

Press can't ignore this forever.

by Anonymousreply 292August 24, 2020 12:22 PM

PPB press release with photos of the damage, and different projectiles thrown.

"As the march arrived at North Precinct, Northeast Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard was blocked to vehicular traffic in both directions. Individuals in the crowd immediately lit a fire in a dumpster and pushed it into the intersection of Northeast Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard and Northeast Killingsworth Street. Individuals also took a flatbed trailer and rolled it to Northeast Emerson Street. They set up the trailer on its side as a shield. The burning dumpster was rolled to Northeast Emerson Street and was also moved to shield the protesters.

Almost immediately, from behind the shields and elsewhere, individuals began throwing chunks of ceramic, rocks, and glass bottles in the direction of the officers. Green lasers, which are capable of causing permanent eye damage, were shined at officers. At least one balloon filled with feces was thrown at officers on the roof of the building."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293August 24, 2020 3:16 PM

Is it illegal to use drone strikes against US citizens?

by Anonymousreply 294August 24, 2020 4:24 PM

no matter what, Trump hired people to start the violence.

by Anonymousreply 295August 24, 2020 4:26 PM

R295 LMAO. Too dry.

by Anonymousreply 296August 24, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote] Press can't ignore this forever.

Until the west coast polls closing time will be sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 297August 24, 2020 11:10 PM

[quote]Press can't ignore this forever.

The local media are covering it. The national media aren't, mostly because what's happening in Portland is a local issue. So yes, absent some dramatic new revelation, the national media will continue to ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 298August 25, 2020 2:12 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 299August 25, 2020 3:40 PM

The national media aren't covering it because they're afraid to. Remember when they tried to burn the CNN building down during the Atlanta riots? Yeah, there's a reason major news outlets aren't covering it.

by Anonymousreply 300August 25, 2020 3:42 PM

You are a stupid twat r300

And I say this because I live in Portland

Portland is old news, unless somebody gets killed here

Kenosha is the crisis du jour

by Anonymousreply 301August 25, 2020 4:03 PM

Le bilan de la soirée- Monday, August 24th.

They attacked the Portland Police Association building and set multiple fires.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302August 25, 2020 5:55 PM

Le bilan de la soirée- Monday, August 24th.

They attacked the Portland Police Association building and set multiple fires.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 25, 2020 5:55 PM

Portland police are attempting to make a point on Twitter-

An officer who was assigned riot duty at the North Precinct last night filmed himself reading through a list of current 9-11 calls that no one was available to answer.

An exasperated sounding officer can be heard attempting to disperse the crowd in the background. He sounds like a middle school principal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304August 25, 2020 6:04 PM

Name drop!

Why the fuck are they dancing like puppets for him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305August 25, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote] Portland is old news, unless somebody gets killed here. Kenosha is the crisis du jour

It is all the same story to be quickly glossed over and excused.

by Anonymousreply 306August 25, 2020 7:29 PM

"They're just angry about injustice."

Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 307August 25, 2020 7:37 PM

Currently rioting outside of City Hall. They broke windows and gained access to the building.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 26, 2020 6:51 AM

BREAK THEIR KNEECAPS

by Anonymousreply 309August 26, 2020 6:56 AM

Portland, Seattle... is the West Coast slowly descending into anarchy?

by Anonymousreply 310August 26, 2020 2:09 PM

First Seattle, then Portland. The West Coast is crumbling.

by Anonymousreply 311August 26, 2020 2:09 PM

More of R308 please. It’s time the police laid down the law. The protests moved past anything meaningful weeks ago. The nightly vandalism just for kicks needs shut down.

by Anonymousreply 312August 26, 2020 3:24 PM

R312 The more the police fight back, the more the rioters will riot. The police should just go home and let things be chaotic for a week or two. Either the rioters will get bored and go home or they'll burn Seattle to the ground and show the public exactly why the police are needed. Either way.

by Anonymousreply 313August 26, 2020 3:26 PM

Trump calling out Wheeler and Brown for a second day in a row. I think he's setting up a case to invoke the insurrection act against them in the event a civilian gets killed in the coming weeks.

"We will NOT stand for looting, arson, violence, and lawlessness on American streets. My team just got off the phone with Governor Evers who agreed to accept federal assistance (Portland should do the same!)... ...TODAY, I will be sending federal law enforcement and the National Guard to Kenosha, WI to restore LAW and ORDER!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314August 26, 2020 7:06 PM

At this point, if that’s what it takes, do it. Our local government is worthless. These are no longer protests. It is nightly vandalism and violence. I’ve said it before, if there are any leaders/organizers of the true protests, they need to collectively stop going out and allow the police to start arresting and charging the people who are out for nothing but violence and vandalism.

There are people who live in the areas these nightly gatherings are occurring that are sick of hearing helicopters overhead for hours, police screaming over the loudspeakers and flash bangs going off for hours each night.

by Anonymousreply 315August 26, 2020 7:57 PM

No, R312.

Andy Ngo is an instigating, rightwing hack who is exposing journalist to serious retribution and violence.

Be aware of what he is up to and know that it is not for the betterment of democratic society.

by Anonymousreply 316August 26, 2020 8:07 PM

R316, I don't care if Andy Ngo is the son Hitler had with Cruella DeVille. To me, it looks like he's reporting on what's happening, which is the job of a reporter. Are you saying he's faking these videos or somehow paying actors to stage them?

by Anonymousreply 317August 26, 2020 9:11 PM

I don't know about this particular video, but he is known for having an extreme bias to his reporting which then gets filtered into the disinformation ecosphere.

I believe he was the originator of this story, for example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318August 26, 2020 9:21 PM

[quote] I believe he was the originator of this story, for example.

Oh, do you "believe" that, R318? You think everyone will just read the misleading headline of your link and not bother to open and follow the links to the actual source of the story? It was NOT Andy Ngo, as you well know. It was Ian Cheong, a different Asian guy that you "confused" in your racist mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319August 26, 2020 10:49 PM

[quote] It was NOT Andy Ngo, as you well know. It was Ian Cheong, a different Asian guy that you "confused" in your racist mind.

I read the story at the time it came out. I should have re-read prior to posting. For that I apologize.

I stand my my statements about Andy Ngo, I have no idea who Ian Cheong is and the association is purely coincidental, not racist.

But you know what is racist? THE FEDERALIST.

by Anonymousreply 320August 26, 2020 11:03 PM

R316, I am 312. My comment of "more" was in reference to the police arresting people that are vandalizing property. I could care less who recorded the video. It is well past time that the senseless starting of fires, harassing people in their homes, throwing items and shining lights in the cops' eyes, etc come to an end. Do they honestly think that behavior is going to get the police to the table to negotiate meaningful change?

by Anonymousreply 321August 26, 2020 11:49 PM

I live in Portland.

The mayor and the city council are goddamn useless.

Most normal citizens are fed up with this senseless rioting. The Portland police need to step up the violence on the anarchists. If the police won’t do it, then the Feds need to bust some heads.

by Anonymousreply 322August 27, 2020 12:40 AM

Snack van UPDATE: about to be in Kenosha, WI. I shit you not.

Could be a prank, I really doubt that van can make it that type of distance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 27, 2020 5:09 AM

This IG account documents how the hands off approach to the homeless situation has affected the city. Some of these photos are older, but this has been an ongoing and worsening problem for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324August 27, 2020 7:15 AM

Are you listening Portland?

Portland was brought up by several speakers at the RNC, including Sen. Tom Cotton who published an editorial in NY Times recommending the 101st Airborne division be deployed to combat riots in Minneapolis in June. Minneapolis also experienced intense rioting this week.

Trump ragged on Portland repeatedly in his address at the convention last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325August 28, 2020 6:41 PM

Fuck Trump, Cotton and all Republican bloviators r325

by Anonymousreply 326August 28, 2020 6:55 PM

This is karma for the black exclusion laws.

by Anonymousreply 327August 28, 2020 7:00 PM

This is a precarious, violent political situation that the leadership of both Portland and Oregon seem to think is fulfulling some useful purpose.

Who the hell knows why they think allowing this to continue is helping their city.

by Anonymousreply 328August 28, 2020 7:10 PM

R327 doesn't know the definition of karma.

by Anonymousreply 329August 28, 2020 11:09 PM

Well it couldn't possibly be blowback from being misrepresented by [italic]Hello, Larry[/italic] or that would have happened years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330August 28, 2020 11:11 PM

Ted Wheeler released an open letter to Trump today rejecting the presidents's increasingly aggressive offers of federal riot control assistance.

It's.... baffling.

“We don’t need your politics of division and demagoguery. Portlanders are onto you. We have already seen your reckless disregard for human life in your bumbling response to the COVID pandemic,” Wheeler said in the letter. “And we know you’ve reached the conclusion that images of violence or vandalism are your only ticket to reelection.”

So... you admit the images of rioting in Portland are Trump's key to re-election, but you're going to do nothing to prevent those images from being made. Is Wheeler endorsing Trump?

Also lol he claims they're prosecuting rioters. That's the issue, Ted, you aren't. Again, if you were there would be no scandalous videos going viral and helping Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 29, 2020 3:18 AM

Ted must be trying out for open mic night at the comedy club what that hilarious bit about people being arrested and prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 332August 29, 2020 4:48 AM

R331 Self-own. He should have just said nothing.

by Anonymousreply 333August 29, 2020 5:29 AM

The rioters are showing their gratitude to him by storming his condo building, blocking the street outside, blasting music, and chanting that he should resign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334August 29, 2020 5:50 AM

Again! Posted within the hour.

Trump's waiting for someone to get killed and then he's swooping in with the cavalry. It would make the election for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335August 29, 2020 5:58 AM

Ted's datalounger neighbors are reportedly dumping water on the rioters from their balconies LMAO

by Anonymousreply 336August 29, 2020 6:00 AM

R334, don't they know Ted is on their side?

by Anonymousreply 337August 29, 2020 12:51 PM

You realize Wheeler is just covering his ass, right? He's rejecting Trump and "endorsing" the riots because he doesn't want said rioters to show up outside his house with guns and weapons like they did at the houses of mayors in other cities who called in the national guard.

He doesn't believe any of the shit he's saying, but he figures that as long as they're burning down downtown Portland they won't be burning down his home.

by Anonymousreply 338August 29, 2020 2:03 PM

Now that the neighbors in Mayor Ted Wheeler’s building are know what’s coming tonight, they should stock themselves up on materials to dump on the protestors tonight.

A stew of honey and Tabasco, launched in a plastic cup with lid, so that it splashes when it hit a protestor. An endless rain of pennies. Dog poop bags from walking their dogs today. Milkshakes...antifa loves throwing milkshakes. Let’s see how they like when their own tactics are turned against them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339August 29, 2020 2:17 PM

The main riot was at the North Precinct again last night. Rioters started a fire before a riot was declared and arrests were made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340August 29, 2020 2:23 PM

Closer view of the fire last night. You can see someone spraying what looks like lighter fluid on it in this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341August 29, 2020 2:31 PM

Over one third of the posts on this thread (about 120) have come from the same person. Most if not all of the videos--like at 339, 340 and 341--the individual has posted have come from the same extreme rightwing twitter account.

Is there anyone in Portland who can provide more objective perspective?

by Anonymousreply 342August 29, 2020 2:44 PM

Fair point, R342 , but it can also be asked why there aren't more journalists reporting on this.

by Anonymousreply 343August 29, 2020 2:51 PM

I don't know why you're all suprised by the lack of coverage. CNN tried to cover similar riots and events and then when the riots came to Atlanta the rioters tried to destroy the CNN building in retaliation.

Everybody is scared right now. That's part of the reason this has gotten to the point that it's gotten to. The riots are an unstoppable force of destruction that targets anybody and anything unlucky enough to be in its path. It's like a hurricane. Nobody wants to piss off a hurricane. People are afraid to denounce it for fear of waking up to a mob outside their door and a molotov cocktail thrown through their window. News organizations are afraid to cover it for fear of their reporters being attacked and their headquarters burnt to the ground. Politicians are afraid to speak about it or do anything for fear of their houses being attacked in the night, government buildings being attacked, and public outrage hurting their polling numbers.

Everybody's afraid to move right now. That's why the riots are still happening.

by Anonymousreply 344August 29, 2020 3:04 PM

R342 Here is a direct link to Portland DSA (Democratic Socialists of America’s) Twitter account.

Happy now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345August 29, 2020 3:06 PM

Not really, R345; Using the far left to justify the far right doesn't satisfy my request for OBJECTIVE.

by Anonymousreply 346August 29, 2020 3:19 PM

Well pick up a camera and go do it yourself, then.

The most objective journalism about this story is already being posted here.

Everyone who thinks Andy Ngô is right wing ought to read Breitbart.

by Anonymousreply 347August 29, 2020 3:25 PM

Fascinating how these protesters always come up with new devises to use. Never seen that arm lock thing before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348August 29, 2020 3:28 PM

You’re too stupid to live r346.

Cast your net wide, and judge for yourself, because most journalists are incompetent grifters

There are many videos on Twitter that cover the Portland protests / riots. Get off your ass, and stop expecting that “objective” news will be fed to you.

by Anonymousreply 349August 29, 2020 3:36 PM

They've been doing that in Europe since the 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 29, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote] There are many videos on Twitter that cover the Portland protests / riots. Get off your ass, and stop expecting that “objective” news will be fed to you.

I suggest to you that you should do the same and seek out objective news instead of having your viewpoints fed to you

by Anonymousreply 351August 29, 2020 3:42 PM

Oh, the irony ^

by Anonymousreply 352August 29, 2020 3:44 PM

How does it work, R350? Is it like a giant Chinese finger trap?

by Anonymousreply 353August 29, 2020 3:47 PM

I think there are handles on the inside they grip. They also sometimes duct tape their arms inside them.

by Anonymousreply 354August 29, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote]I don't know why you're all suprised [sic] by the lack of coverage.

We're not, R344. The only ones who claim to be surprised are the people desperately trying to make "law & order" happen for political purposes. Your conspiracy theories are hilariously inept, mostly because you're such an incompetent drama queen, with statements like:

[quote]The riots are an unstoppable force of destruction that targets anybody and anything unlucky enough to be in its path. It's like a hurricane.

What's happening in Portland remains a local issue, covered by the local media, affecting only a tiny area of the city and an even tinier percentage of its population. There is literally no reason for national media to spend their time and money covering the protest there absent new information.

Meanwhile, if you want to complain about the lack of a national presence, you might want to talk to the person currently in the White House. Remember him?

by Anonymousreply 355August 29, 2020 5:30 PM

R355 Because it's not just a local issue, you fucking moron. It's a riot. A riot in our country, regardless of where it is, is national news that needs to be payed attention to. What makes it even more important is the fact that not only are these riots singular to Portland, but that this particular strain of anarchy has been going on for weeks. Like it or not, that is national news. A city being destroyed for WEEKS is national news.

Trump has been the focus of the press for four god damn years. I think they can afford to take a little break to pay attention to the country burning itself down.

These aren't conspiracy theories, and the fact that you think they are shows that you're either not paying attention or you're Hellen Keller. If keeping your fingers in your ears and your hands over your eyes and repeating "La La La I can't hear you" makes you feel better, then that's fine. But don't pretend like the riots aren't happening, or that I'm exaggerating, or that the idea of these riots are all a big Republican conspiracy theory just because it suits your narrative. This is happening right in front of you. Like it or not, it's real.

by Anonymousreply 356August 29, 2020 6:00 PM

Meant to say not only are these riots NOT singular to Portland.

by Anonymousreply 357August 29, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote]What's happening in Portland remains a local issue, covered by the local media, affecting only a tiny area of the city and an even tinier percentage of its population. There is literally no reason for national media to spend their time and money covering the protest there absent new information.

People that are repeating talking points from June make me laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358August 29, 2020 6:06 PM

[quote]Because it's not just a local issue, you fucking moron. It's a riot.

LOL.... Of course it's a local issue, "you fucking moron," which is why you haven' been able to come up with a single reason why it isn't. And you're suck a hilariously stupid drama queen that I don't have to do anything to debunk your posts because they're so ridiculously over-the-top that all I have to do is point and laugh. Examples:

[quote]A city being destroyed for WEEKS is national news.

[quote]I think they can afford to take a little break to pay attention to the country burning itself down.

[quote]These aren't conspiracy theories

Yeah, they are.

[quote]or that I'm exaggerating

Duh ... of course you are. And it's hilarious to read.

[quote]This is happening right in front of you. Like it or not, it's real.

Nope, which is why you haven't even tried to back up your hilarious bullshit but simply double down on the lying.

by Anonymousreply 359August 29, 2020 6:11 PM

[quote]People that are repeating talking points from June make me laugh.

I'm sorry that telling the truth strikes you as funny but, hey, you do you.

by Anonymousreply 360August 29, 2020 6:12 PM

"What's happening in Portland remains a local issue, covered by the local media"

.You must have missed the entire RNC this week. Violent protestors in Portland, Minneapolis, Kenosha and assholes screaming at people in DC to support BLM might as well be paid directly by Trump for all the damage they're doing to Biden.

by Anonymousreply 361August 29, 2020 6:12 PM

Um, r361, considering that this is all happening on Trump's watch, and that there is literally zero evidence that any of this has impacted the federal election thus far, despite these events happening over a period of months, I'm afraid that the "damage" you are seeing exists only in your own mind.

by Anonymousreply 362August 29, 2020 6:15 PM

Alas, I'm too busy to keep playing with you silly people. I'll check back in another day to see what new hilarity you can come up with.

by Anonymousreply 363August 29, 2020 6:16 PM

Why people like R362 so out of touch with reality? Are they developmentally challenged? Is it ideology? What is it?

by Anonymousreply 364August 29, 2020 6:17 PM

I guess the election tightening daily in the battleground states isn't any cause for worry.

Let's just all pretend that Biden is ahead by 15 points and Trump will soon quit the race. See the world feels like a friendlier place already.

by Anonymousreply 365August 29, 2020 6:18 PM

Great cherry picking there R359..

[quote]But don't pretend like the riots aren't happening, or that I'm exaggerating, or that the idea of these riots are all a big Republican conspiracy theory just because it suits your narrative. This is happening right in front of you. Like it or not, it's real.

by Anonymousreply 366August 29, 2020 6:19 PM

R338 you did see all the pots about the protestors outside and inside his building?

He lives in downtown Portland (pearl district).

by Anonymousreply 367August 29, 2020 6:41 PM

What I don’t understand is how the protestors got into the lobby of Ted’s building. It is a secured entrance with a concierge and/or security. Someone would have had to open the door to let them in.

Also one of the concierges who works there is not to be fucked with. They just need to let her loose on them.

by Anonymousreply 368August 29, 2020 6:56 PM

[quote] Someone would have had to open the door to let them in.

That's what happened, Most of the residents in the building probably support the protesters, including Ted himself (at least he did).

by Anonymousreply 369August 29, 2020 8:48 PM

R369 There is a concierge or security directly inside the lobby entrance. I can't imagine them just sitting there while a resident invited protestors in to lock themselves together and stage a sit-in. Buildings are already on high alert due to the ever increasing amount of theft and vandalism from people who gain entrance to them. I can't imagine someone idly sitting by while a resident escorted protestors inside. Unless they brought them in an alternate entrance and brought them into the lobby.

I'm pretty sure that "most residents" of the building, some paying a million+ to live there are not supportive of people shining lights into their windows and blaring music below their homes. Contrary to the narrative, the majority of the city does not support the now almost nightly setting buildings and other objects on fire, harassing people in their homes, attacking people in the street and so on. The protests have been hijacked.

by Anonymousreply 370August 29, 2020 9:31 PM

A person was shot and killed in downtown Portland as dueling demonstrations — one a pro-Trump car caravan and another a counter-protest mounted by various opposing groups — unfolded late Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371August 30, 2020 5:49 AM

A white pro Trump supporter was shot and killed Saturday night in Portland

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372August 30, 2020 5:50 AM

A presumed Trump supporter was shot and kileld downtown an hour ago. He was wearing a "Patriot Prayer" hat. This is the local conservative group which hosted the pro-police demonstration last Saturday.

I think this is related to the "Trump Train" parade that was happpened downtown. tonight. A long line of cars waving Trump flags drove through downtown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373August 30, 2020 5:52 AM

Hey, delusional cunt at r351....are the New York Times and the Portland Oregonian objective enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 374August 30, 2020 5:53 AM

R373 here, sorry about all the typos. Here's the "Trump Train" entering downtown earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375August 30, 2020 5:57 AM

Brawling in the streets tonight.

This looks like a repeat of last Saturday's political rioting between conservatives and leftosts, but after sunset and therefore much more violent. Someone is already dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 30, 2020 6:01 AM

The crime scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377August 30, 2020 6:05 AM

I think anyone who believes that Trump will be blamed for the violent rioting in Democrat-governed cities is fucking delusional. We just may be looking at Chicago 1968 all over again, a disastrous event which undeniably helped elect Richard Nixon as the 'law and order' candidate.

I just cannot believe that these mayors/governors do not understand the ramifications of allowing chaos in their cities, how it will be interpreted nationally. That Biden and his team have said nothing about the violence is a huge own goal in my opinion, and risks putting Midwestern swing states in electoral play. Very depressing, and entirely unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 378August 30, 2020 6:14 AM

"A presumed Trump supporter was shot and kileld downtown an hour ago."

I hope he didn't vote early.

by Anonymousreply 379August 30, 2020 6:34 AM

A caravan of cars carrying Trump supporters drove through Portland towards protesters. The Trump supporters fired eggs, paint balls, and mace at the protestors. Confrontations occurred— someone was shot in the chest and died.

by Anonymousreply 380August 30, 2020 6:45 AM

Any updates on the shooting?

by Anonymousreply 381August 30, 2020 12:54 PM

R381 this new thread has updates on the shooting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382August 30, 2020 1:19 PM

This thread got cordoned off for a while last night.

Scenes from the pro-Trump demonstration that kicked off the night-

Trump supporters drove through downtown in caravan. Many of them had riders in the beds of pickup trucks armed with mace, rubber bullets, and sticks to defend the Trump flags on the trucks and prevent rioters from blocking the road.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383August 30, 2020 5:52 PM

Macing protestors who were blocking the road.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384August 30, 2020 5:54 PM

Fights were breaking out-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385August 30, 2020 5:58 PM

R383 the reason why this thread was temporarily paywalled last night was because fat grifter, Andy Ngo, had 120 posts in this thread, many of them linking to his fat doughy bodies Twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 386August 30, 2020 5:58 PM

R386 I seriously doubt someone was taking time out in the middle of filming ongoing protests to visit DL.

by Anonymousreply 387August 30, 2020 7:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!