Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

COLLEGE DEMOCRAT AT CENTER OF ATTACK ON ALEX MORSE HOPED TO LAUNCH CAREER THROUGH RICHARD NEAL

Meanwhile, an aide with the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, in which the journalism program sits, alerted the school’s administration of evidence that the recently surfaced allegations against Holyoke Mayor Alex Morse “are politically motivated,” according to communication reviewed by The Intercept. Spokespersons for the administration did not respond to requests for comment.

Claire Sheedy, a rising sophomore and a Morse supporter, was active in the College Democrats chapter and knew Ennis through their joint work on behalf of the Pete Buttigieg campaign for president, with Ennis handing off the reins of the organization to Sheedy. In November 2019, when Ennis was president of the College Democrats chapter, the pair were in New Hampshire together campaigning for Buttigieg, and Ennis, she said, opened up about his respect for Neal in a car ride through New Hampshire. “He spoke very highly of Mr. Neal,” Sheedy said. “What he said to me was he wanted Neal to be his ‘in’ to politics and work his way up from there.”

Sheedy said she asked Ennis what he thought of Morse, and Ennis said Morse socialized with students in a way he found creepy, and that Morse had recently matched with a student on the Tinder dating app. Sheedy said she didn’t think of it again until last week, when she and the other members of the College Democrats were told by leadership that they had written a letter on the members’ behalf to the local college paper, which had published an article based on it.

Helena Middleton, a rising sophomore and former member of the University of Massachusetts College Democrats, said she joined the group to meet other college students on the university campus, where a sprawling undergraduate population of 22,000 can make it difficult to feel like part of a community. A longtime supporter of Morse, she tried to recruit others to join her.

“I tried to share volunteer opportunities [for Morse’s campaign] but the chapter leadership would ignore it while at the same time send out opportunities for candidates like [Ed] Markey and Joe [Kennedy], so it was clear to me that there was something going on there,” said Middleton. Eventually, she said, she learned that a member of the group’s leadership was a student in Neal’s journalism course at the time. “He made it very clear that he supported the election campaign and that he wanted to work for Neal,” Middleton said.

The chief strategist, Ennis, did not respond to requests for comment. A spokesperson for Neal also did not respond to a request for comment. Middleton left the chapter several days ahead of the letter’s publication, frustrated at the anti-Morse bias from leadership; Sheedy left the chapter after the letter was published. The current president, Andrew Abramson, reached out to Middleton last week to apologize for joking about the Morse race in the College Democrats’ group chat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253September 3, 2020 5:03 PM

FF OP for shouting

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2020 7:35 PM

FF for linking to russian backed Intercept

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2020 7:36 PM

So, what's the inference that we're supposed to take from this?

I can't be bothered to read the article, especially on Intercept, unless I know where the poorly written thing is going.

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2020 7:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2020 7:48 PM

Smear campaign against the gay guy who taught and dated students (but not his own).

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2020 7:57 PM

[quote] Smear campaign against the gay guy

How can it be a smear when he has admitted and apologized for his wrongful actions

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2020 10:45 PM

who is alex morse?

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2020 10:51 PM

There's now definite evidence that Morse'd accusers been plotting to entrap him for over a year because some members of the College Democrats wanted to intern with his opponent. Hopefully this puts a nail in the coffin of the "accusers":

"THE LEADERSHIP OF the University of Massachusetts Amherst College Democrats began discussing an operation they believed could sink the campaign of Alex Morse for Congress as far back as last October, a plan they then helped engineer and which came to fruition on Friday, after the College Democrats sent a letter regarding Morse to the Daily Collegian, the school’s student newspaper.

"Timothy Ennis, the chief strategist for the UMass Amherst College Democrats, admitted in the chats that he was a “Neal Stan” and said he felt conflicted about involving the chapter of the College Democrats in a future attack on Morse. “But I need a job,” concluded Ennis. “Neal will give me an internship.” At the time, Ennis was president of the chapter, a post he held from April 2019 to April 2020, when he was term-limited out.

"Leaders of the College Democrats group went beyond merely plans to leak. They also explicitly discussed how they could find Morse’s dating profiles and then lead him into saying something incriminating that would then damage his campaign.

"That effort appears to have failed to generate the material they hoped for, but the group’s leaders did believe they held damning evidence they contemplated leaking: Instagram messages between Morse and Andrew Abramson, who in April became president of the organization. Ultimately, the College Democrats did not release any chats or any other specific claims against Morse, opting instead to level broader charges that he behaved inappropriately. Morse, who was an adjunct professor at UMass Amherst until the fall of 2019, has acknowledged having consensual relationships with students but has said that he has never had an inappropriate relationship with a student of his, and no such allegations have been made."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2020 2:03 AM

The link at r7 contains screenshots of a conversation between Morse and one of the scummy twinks who tried to entrap him. The idea that this is a sexual conversation, or that it had the potential to produce discomfort on the student, is bonkers. Morse's conduct is through and through wholesome, though the twink brags about "lead[ing] him on".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2020 2:13 AM

This is all unraveling fast. This has all been so atrocious. I didn't even know who this dude was before last week but just sent some money to his campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2020 2:41 AM

Link to donate to his campaign:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2020 2:47 AM

"Easier to get elected if you’ve been on the Lolita express than if you’ve been on grindr"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2020 3:24 AM

This is honestly so sad. Those little shit-heads were just straight up bullying him. Can you imagine him reading these screenshots that are now public?

I know he's a grown adult, but I still feel bad for him. I don't know what they thought he did to deserve that. Little fucking spoiled, entitled sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2020 3:25 AM

Its insane to me that college students were actively working on trying to ruin his career for a year. WTF is going on?

Things have definitely changed since I was in college and that wasn't even that long ago

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2020 3:30 AM

A lot of shitheads are still refusing to admit they were wrong and jumped to jidgement too soon.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2020 3:40 AM

Today has been his best fundraising day. He's on a deadline, apparently, and it seems he needs to raise X-value until midnight. There's still time to donate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2020 3:43 AM

Ennis has deleted his Twitter account - the sure sign of guilt

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2020 3:51 AM

This is Ennis - anyone wanna bet he started this because he was pissed Morse isn't a chubby chaser?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2020 3:53 AM

WORST WRITTEN HEADLINE makes normal people shun story..

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2020 3:54 AM

bitter GINGER bottom

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2020 3:57 AM

The homophobes are saying the intercept isnt credible and Ryan Grims reporting is shitty.

Yet they had no issue with and took The Intercept and Ryan Grim's reporting as gospel when he was targeting Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2020 4:01 AM

The New York Times and national tv hosts did reports on the Intercepts reports on Mayor Pete for months with zero fact checking.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2020 4:03 AM

Thread from a reporter for Business Insider saying months ago she received an email making vague claims of sleaze, and that gave three names she could contact for more info - two of them are the two from the Intercept report

Wonder how their job prospects within the Democratic party look now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2020 4:10 AM

Wrong link, this is the link to the Twitter thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2020 4:11 AM

More Ennis. Gosh, no wonder he couldn't match with Alex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2020 7:19 AM

There's always going to be grifter assholes trying to take advantage of cultural trends and norms to further themselves, and it sadly does not happen only with rightwing nutjobs. Look at all the dirtbag leftist conspiracies (Kamala isn't really black, Pete is a fake gay CIA informant, false rape claims, etc.). So eventually we were going to see Democrats doing it, too, which sucks but was inevitable.

These kids are dumb as hell, though, which does give this a little bit of entertainment value.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2020 8:15 AM

There's someone on Reddit who's defending them, saying they're all gay, which he seems to think prevents it being homophobic. Whereas in my book the fact that gay men were happy to encourage homophobia to achieve their aims is even more despicable.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2020 8:47 AM

UMass Amherst now needs to do the right thing.

Expel those students, apologize to Alex, and invite him back to teach a class on political extortion. It's the right thing to do.

Or defund UMass.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2020 9:14 AM

The Trump trolls must think this makes the Republicans look good somehow. "Oh, look, a Democrat did something Republicans do all the time!"

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2020 9:44 AM

Dirty politics.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2020 12:05 PM

Now the accusers will be investigated by the MA Democratic party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2020 4:26 PM

The College Dems group is apologizing over the homophobia that its letter unleashed against Morse, and now says it is cooperating with the MA Dem party, which is conducting an investigation into how the claims came to be and why they were made. The college group is not yet acknowledging that their claims were spurious, but the very fact that there is an apology is proof that these soulless twinks understand that the tide has turned against them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2020 12:45 AM

And yet they remain publicly silent. So they regret the homophobia which resulted, but aren't going to do anything to help stop it. Hayley's tweets are protected because of course they are.

Oh, the guy I mentioned earlier trying to defend them on Twitter - so he's saying they have proof of all they claim, but they now feel they can't release it because it will make it look even more like they're part of Neal's campaign. What this idiot doesn't seem to get is that even if that's true - which I doubt - then all that says it's they're putting their political ambitions ahead of trying to protect people. And, as I asked in another thread, if they've known about this for at least a year (which these articles prove), why didn't they do anything sooner?

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2020 1:02 AM

Oh and that poster is a regular on the neoliberal subreddt...

I'll link to his profile page, you can have a laugh at how hard he's trying and failing to defend these idiots. For those new to Reddit, clicking on "context" underneath a post will show it you in, uh, context. The context generally being replies totally ripping apart this idiot's original comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2020 1:08 AM

This is juicy,

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2020 2:24 AM

damn, this took a turn.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2020 2:43 AM

Richard Neal is so corrupt. I hope he loses.

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2020 2:45 AM

This old bastard, Mike Sullivan, a city councilor in Morse's city, is trying to push for his oust, referring to Morse's "sex with teenagers". The Victory Fund has called out his homophobia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2020 3:08 AM

The Intercept has a new article on this "issue"; it shows the state Democratic party, which pledged to investigate the College Democrats' conduct, was in fact part of the conspiracy against Morse from the beginning. I am not surprised by this, the Democratic party does have a policy of sabotage against left-wing politicians who challenge moderate incumbents.

[quote]But behind the scenes, the state party had been coordinating with the College Democrats of Massachusetts to launch those very allegations, according to five sources within the state party and connected to the CDMA, a review of messages between party leadership and the leadership of the CDMA, and call records obtained by The Intercept. The documents show that tthe Massachusetts Democratic Party’s executive director Veronica Martinez and chair Gus Bickford connected the students with attorneys, among them, the powerful state party figure and attorney Jim Roosevelt, who worked with the college group on a letter alleging Morse behaved inappropriately.

[quote]...

[quote]Martinez reached out to CDMA members repeatedly by phone and text from at least late July up to and including Thursday, records show. In text messages reviewed by The Intercept, Martinez takes an active role in directing the group on the strategy behind the letter before and after its release, including coaching on how to interact with the press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2020 5:27 PM

r39 The Intercept is a Kremlin backed organization that applauds Trump and trys to divide democrats. I don't take anything they say seriously

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2020 6:22 PM

r40 You sound dumb. For starters, the Russia thing is not real. In addition, it was the Intercept's reporting that which single-handedly changed the narrative surrounding this case, rebutting the homophobic story pushed by the College Democrats and showing how they plotted to take Morse down in order to get themselves a career.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2020 7:03 PM

Yep - I knew a fatty was behind all of this!

You try to ruin someone else? Fuck you - now you're going to find it exceedingly difficult to get a job.

I don't care if he's only 20 or 21.

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2020 7:11 PM

R18 Could you please explain just how exactly you're sure this Ennis student is gay, or even welcomes or desires attention from Morse? None of this makes any sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2020 7:26 PM

R18 Could you please explain just how exactly you're sure this Ennis student is gay, or even welcomes or desires attention from Morse? None of this makes any sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2020 7:26 PM

R28 The college Democrats group claims they still do not doubt the sincerity of "at least more than a few" complaints made by students who were made to feel uncomfortable by him, and that they respect those students. How exactly do they deserve to be expelled, and WTF do they have to apologise for?

I get there is one biased student, who supports Neal, had expressed a desire to work for his s office, that he hastily put out communique not signed on by all members of this club, yet that doesn't automatically discount what some have said about Mayor Morse. Several students blocked him on Twitter and Instagram apparently because he was getting too personal with them.

A smear may very well have been organised, after discovering they had easy ammo to use against him, however Mayor Morse is ultimately responsible for having duly placed himself in a vulnerable position by his own unprofessional behaviour. When people are in the public eye, they should assume dirt will be flung against them, quite often, just to see what sticks. I still do not doubt he made students uncomfortable. I don't for a minute believe they're all gay either. Then we have the testimony from his own female supporters from amongst the student body who continually tried to volunteer for him, yet it appeared he only wanted young men.

Too much limited scope of vision here.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2020 7:40 PM

OP In fairness to more information that has come to light, I linked the previous thread on Morse to yours. I still find the Mayor unprofessional, yet there is much going on behind the scenes as it were.

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2020 7:47 PM

r45 It was not just one student who participated in the conspiracy against Morse. There are at least two, Timothy Ennis and Andrew Abramson. In addition, the type of behavior being described as causing discomfort in these students is ridiculous; no one can say that he's a harassment "survivor" based on the fact that someone befriended you on Instagram. The screenshots of an interaction between Morse and a student, who boasts of "lead[ing] him on", shows that Morse's attitude is completely decent. In addition, the university where Morse taught, does not prohibit relationships between staff and students, as long as there is no teaching relationship between the parties; according to Morse, he never dated one of his students, so he is not guilty of even the lesser charge of "unprofessional conduct". The only student who came forward to accuse Morse of abusing his authority and give details to his story, in fact didn't even know of Morse's position in the university (or as mayor) before they met up; any argument that there has been an abuse of authority is therefore absurd, and proves only that certain agents in this story are acting in bad faith and intentionally becoming infantilizing themselves in order to paint a bad portrait of Morse.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2020 7:59 PM

R47 I appreciate your response, yet I still find Mayor Morse to be unprofessional. One needn't prove his behaviour was "traumatising" or consider the students as "survivors" to deem such behaviour unwise, or unprofessional.

No matter what angle others may argue from, it's unethical and not well thought out to have sex with students, flirt or chat them up as possible sex partners, or get to chummy with them on a personal level, social media or otherwise. I'll read up about the other lad's involvement, to keep abreast of these developments, but alas cannot but feel Mayor Morse brought a lot of this on himself.

I never in the MANY posts on the other thread claimed he was a predator, as some may argue, but there is a middle ground, or grey area where it just doesn't feel appropriate to me. I think things do get a bit cloudy or muddled when looking at the matter from an American gay male perspective. This in my opinion is evidenced by the many comments suggesting that fat sad sack Ennis was pining for Morse, and was just bitter the Mayor wasn't a "chubby chaser". I think an aerial view if you will, of this matter is required to remain objective... think like an architect's rendering... looking down, then taking it all in.

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2020 8:26 PM

r48 Probably because I'm not an American, I don't see anything wrong with the fact of a 25 to 30-year-old university employee having a date with a student with whom he doesn't even have an academic relationship. Not only is it not illegal, it is not even unethical, in my view. When my parents started to date, my father was my mother's boss and fifteen years her senior; I see no evidence that there was pressure, abuse or discomfort here. 35 years later, they are still together, and the only thing that can separate them in the near future is my father's health issues.

Americans have a neurotic relationship to sex. They are always on the hunt for excuses to declare behavior as abusive, unethical, or "creepy". The reasons for this are not for me to speculate here, but it must be stated, again, that Morse's conduct does not violate even the norms of the American university where he used to teach.

by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2020 8:36 PM

Its not even unethical.

Its potentially problematic.

He wants to fish around, fine by me, he just has to notify if there's a conflict of interest with say, an incoming student.

Sexual harassment is another matter. But this is being treated as such, by some, and that's ridiculous. We should laugh you all out.

If I were to guess (and NOT take action on these GUESSES), Morse did act too forward with at most a few other students, they, being 18-20 (maybe up to 22) didn't quite know how to respond to it even as Morse was otherwise acting on the level, but the local Dems, through their higher network, saw an opportunity to turn at most a minor ethical matter (not him being with adult students, but how he exactly went about it) into political hay, so they fucking catfished him and looked for paydirt.

Morse is addressing the legitimate matter of his possibly imperfect behavior with a few others, but he refuses to entertain apologies towards political operatives trying to ruin him. That's my GUESS. If right, shame on the college and state dems for turning a largely private matter into a mudslinging they they knew would garner homophobic connotations in anyone from supposedly progressive college students, to supposedly liberal primary voters.

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2020 9:31 PM

R49 I'm not an American myself, (Brit expat In America), and find a lecturer who cruises, diddles, or flirts or fucks with students on campus to be indefensible. What's especially troubling for me is that he's the bleeding mayor, as well as a candidate for higher office. Complete stupidity on his behalf. Very high profile individual in a town like Holyoke.

I also look upon a thirty-one year-old who [italic] appears [/italic] to have a limited taste for expressly teen students sexually, as someone who is questionable from a maturity standpoint. Eighteen year-olds in this nation cannot rent a car, nor can they drink or purchase alcohol legally. They cannot even buy tobacco products anymore in most states. What sort of fulfilling relationship could he hope to seriously have with these young men? It's just sex really, and that gives one the impression he's using these lads.

In all fairness, I don't object to a sexual dalliance or one off between the two respective ages, yet I don't smile upon, nor do I encourage it either. If I had a son, and at eighteen he was fucking the mayor, or a prof at the university, I would be less than pleased.

People are conveniently leaving off the bits about his being a mayor, and candidate for higher office., when they defend him here. I also feel for the heterosexual students he probably got too chummy with.

My partner is almost forty, and I'm fifty-one.... I've no issue with age difference to a point...Small gap considering our life experiences. An eighteen year-old hardly has much of an even footing with, or equal status to a thirty-one year-old mayor, and Congressional candidate. He would be a joke amongst his peers if he were ever to be elected.

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2020 9:31 PM

R51 again with the predator narrative for just flirting.

Humanity is fucked, between justifying the worst behavior in politicians and hunting after the most innocuous.

If Morse's allegations (discomfort from an interaction through matching on apps) are an issue, get several of the highest Democratic politicians the hell out immediately. Cancel the convention, we have a cleaning to do. Yes, along with Trump and half the Republicans, but we're talking about a Democrat.

But no, this is a Big Deal. Nah, this is homophobia, and its working even on some pearl clutching gays.

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2020 9:38 PM

Mind your choice of words please R2. Not once did I choose to type predator, abuser, or anything like that. Stupid, questionable, immature, unethical, and therefore indefensible is my stated position on the matter.

There's much too much putting words in others' mouths here. I think I've been explicitly clear in my choice of words. Mayor Morse isn't to be celebrated as some sort of victim. I'll acknowledge a smear, but he was foolish enough to put himself in such a position. Someone so daft isn't cut out for American politics, as he'll be smeared even further under the scrutiny of the American public as a Congressman.

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2020 9:45 PM

^ R52

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2020 9:45 PM

At this point, r51 is basically making stuff up. To begin with, we don't know how Morse found his dates; my impression is that he matched with them on Grindr and Tinder. The College Democrats tried to make it look like Morse used their meetings to score hookups, but in fact Morse only attended one of their events. Second, Morse is 31 now, but at the time he taught at the university, from 2014 to 2019, he was between 25 and 30 years old. And third, how do you know the ages of all Morse's hookups?? The vast majority of men in the Morse age group are open to date 18 year olds; a study using OkCupid's shows, in fact, that even men in their 50s prefer a 20-year-old girl to one aged 30. Letting aide the homophobic hysteria implicit in your usage of the term "teen students", there is no evidence that this is Morse's preference; that's your lie.

And, for the second or third time, we only know of a single story about Morse and a student at the university he taught at, and according to that story, the student, despite wanting to pose as a victim, admitted in his original account that he didn't know who Morse was and therefore had no idea that he had a position in his college and was the mayor. For the third time, how can one speak of abuse of authority here?

And finally, can we put aside the hysteria in bringing up again and again the term "mayor"? America is not Pakistan; the idea that politicians, and even more so somebody as low ranking as mayor, can leverage their position to make adults of privileged background and university education give their ass to him -- is plain laughable, especially because we're not talking about people who worked for him; in fact, we're talking about people who, at least in some cases, didn't even know he was the mayor.

I am not at all surprised that you are a "Brit expat In America". Not only are you likely to be absorbing your neighbors' values by living in the US, but it is also a fact that Britain, at this point, is little more than a cultural colony in the USA. Any idea (or any neurosis) will appear in American culture, runs wild in Britain in a matter of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2020 9:59 PM

For some added perspective, I happen to know more than a few professors well in MA, and even the most liberal of them teaching in Boston find this mayor to be a local laughingstock. They're all Democrats as well. People are deluding themselves here to believe most Americans would have sympathy for Mayor Morse.

There are many things in life which are not illegal which still give the impression of impropriety, poor judgement, or unprofessionalism. This would most certainly qualify.

Are there any standards which remain worthy of upholding in the realm of American politics? Do we as progressives really need more controversy or scandals? It only gives Republicans and religious conservatives more reasons to sully the Democratic Party IMHO. Choose better. Stand for what is respectable and smart. Stop reading too much homophobia into scenarios where it isn't the focus.

by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2020 10:00 PM

This seals it for me, r51/r56 is likely involved in the Democratic cabal that tried to take Morse down.

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2020 10:02 PM

R55 I could respect you a bit more if you were big enough to accept this man's faults, or flaws... or the fact that he isn't a good candidate for US Congress. He isn't even remotely palatable to the main here, especially as a candidate standing for high office. You seem to have some sort of misplaced zeal in blindly defending him.

I don't countenance mediocrity in political candidates, nor should the Americans. Being led by one's dick, and making a fool of himself in such a small provincial town shouldn't elicit such sympathy IMHO. This is actually a VERY American thing, for other gay men to relentlessly defend this fool. He needs to be discreet, and fly under the radar if he only is attracted to young men, 18 to whatever age... It's not respectable behaviour here.

Politicians ought to understand the culture, and the political landscape. He doesn't fit in, and he's missed the mark by a long shot. We can and need to do better here, if we are going to regain control of both House & Senate. Perhaps you're a bit of a renegade because you don't live here, as I have for twenty-two years. This isn't smiled upon by anyone here. He's dysfunctional and misguided at best, that's how he'll be perceived outside the company of mature gay men who also happen to fancy college students as sexual partners.

by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2020 10:11 PM

It's a fucking shame that it seems like the most attention Mass Dems have given to Western Mass is a homophobic hatchet job protecting that cunt Richard Neal.

by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2020 10:12 PM

One of the many differences between you and me, r58, is that I don't see the fact of a young single politician hooking up on Grindr as proof of his "mediocrity" or "making a fool of himself", or as something that deserves public humiliation. This is yet another American trend that I see as both pathologically sex-negative and highly performative and hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2020 10:16 PM

[quote]I think things do get a bit cloudy or muddled when looking at the matter from an American gay male perspective. This in my opinion is evidenced by the many comments suggesting that fat sad sack Ennis was pining for Morse, and was just bitter the Mayor wasn't a "chubby chaser".

I'm the one who made the chubby chaser joke - you do know what a joke is, right? - and I'm not American.

[quote]There's much too much putting words in others' mouths here

A rich comment from the poster who suddenly decided that all the guys Morse has shown interest in must be 18 and not a day older. And the fact you're tying to insist they were all 18 is why it makes people think you're calling him a predator. But you know that already, because that's what you were trying to do. Aw, did you think you were being subtle?

[quote]For some added perspective, I happen to know more than a few professors well in MA

Sure you do. Didn't think to mention that earlier, only when your arguments are being ripped apart do you suddenly pop up with this. You're the same idiot from Reddit, aren't you? You sucked at this there and you suck at this here.

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2020 10:19 PM

R60 Couldn't be smart enough to be discreet about it? What about exercising the proper restraint when he's on campus, or at these College Democrat Club meetings? That doesn't exhibit any brand of leadership to me. It shows poor judgement, and lack of self control.

R57 Honestly I'm not any part of this...just feel quite strongly about the matter. I'm not an American citizen, and I'm not connected to any Democratic opposition. I just think people have low standards, and a lack of critical thinking is all.

If I imagine to be him, I would source young sexual partners from trade schools, community colleges, or drop-outs. I would conduct myself as a thief in the night if my political aspirations were so dear to me. That's what I would have done if I were Mayor Morse.

by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2020 10:25 PM

r61 It was already exposed two days ago that Ennis, the fat student, did actually seek out Morse in dating apps in order to start a conversation and manipulate him into saying something compromising (which he was unable to do). I don't know why r48/r51 continues to pretend that none of this happened; the only explanation is that he is involved in the plot to destroy Morse's career.

by Anonymousreply 63August 14, 2020 10:25 PM

Jeez, can't we just have a nice clean gay sex scandal? What's all this nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 64August 14, 2020 10:27 PM

R59 I don't doubt he may very well be a cunt. For me, it isn't a popularity contest with the two of them. I just don't see defending this mayor is all.

by Anonymousreply 65August 14, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote]it just doesn't feel appropriate to me.

Who cares how it "feels" to you?

[quote]I would source young sexual partners from trade schools, community colleges, or drop-outs.

How very 19th century of you.

by Anonymousreply 66August 14, 2020 10:29 PM

R63 I shall look into it then, if that bit is true, I stand corrected. But do you all believe all of the complaints have been fabricated, or amount to entrapment? I don't.

by Anonymousreply 67August 14, 2020 10:29 PM

[quote][R60] Couldn't be smart enough to be discreet about it? What about exercising the proper restraint when he's on campus, or at these College Democrat Club meetings? That doesn't exhibit any brand of leadership to me. It shows poor judgement, and lack of self control.

I think he was very discreet; it was not because of him that you and I learned about this whole story, it was because of students who wanted to end his career in order to get themselves together with Richard Neal.

As I said before, there is no proof that Morse used College Democratic meetings (to which he only attended one) or his activities on campus as "hunting grounds"; I have told you this more than once and, although you have not questioned that argument, you continue to repeat this same story as if nothing had happened. More proof that you are dishonest and have a personal interest in Morse's downfall.

by Anonymousreply 68August 14, 2020 10:31 PM

* in order to ingratiate themselves with Richard Neal.

by Anonymousreply 69August 14, 2020 10:33 PM

R61 No, sorry you hapoen to be wrong, I am NOT a reddit user, or contributor. I actually do not use social media. I only comment here.

by Anonymousreply 70August 14, 2020 10:33 PM

R61 More to your post, as any friends do, talking on the phone recently, I had asked if they were aware of the story in the news... To my surprise, as they're straight, and in Boston, and Dartmouth.

Yes, they think he's been incredibly foolish, and think he's an awful choice as a candidate. That doesn't mean they support his opponent either.

Too many paranoid posters here... I'm just an opinionated oldster... I'm not part of ANY organised opposition to him. Some of us see the matter quite differently is all.

by Anonymousreply 71August 14, 2020 10:39 PM

R66 Fuck off, this is a public forum, I can easily voice my opinion of what feels wrong or inappropriate, just as easily as you can. I don't care if you agree... That's the whole business of "message boards" really.

No one here should attempt to stifle an alternate POV. Gay men living in America are not a collective hive mind, you impish hall monitor.

by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2020 10:44 PM

R68 I think you confuse me with another, as you NEVER specifically addressed any posts to me regarding "hunting grounds". For the record, I haven't used such language or terminology either.

Again for the last time: Never called him a predator, HUNTER, abuser, or anything remotely similar. Now you're all causing me to sense and feel a bit of paranoia, thinking you all must be part of Mayor Morse's team! See, two can play at that game levelling absurd allegations. I'm just blown away how bonkers this whole situation is.

He's not nearly the sharpest knife in the drawer, possibly even a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Democrats need to and can do better.

by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2020 10:51 PM

Would never dare attempt to stifle your alternative POV Bosie. Just curious why anyone needs to place any objective value on your feelings.

Isn't there some "trade school" trade you could be chatting up?

by Anonymousreply 74August 14, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote][R68] I think you confuse me with another, as you NEVER specifically addressed any posts to me regarding "hunting grounds". For the record, I haven't used such language or terminology either.

You may not have used the word, but it is clear that the concept is present in your mind. There is no proof that Morse used his presence on the university campus to hit on students, and yet you take that for granted in your posts. For example, when you said this: "What about exercising the proper restraint when he's on campus, or at these College Democrat Club meetings?"

by Anonymousreply 75August 14, 2020 10:57 PM

R74 Bosie? Please do explain. I've been posting here on DL for four years, no other forums, or social media accounts. So sorry to burst your bubble of attempting to portray me as some figure engaged in conspiracy to take down your idol. It's rather comical actually.

I'm just a retired Brit living in Chicago, who has recently moved to the suburbs to escape the city, and move in with my partner. I'm not who you believe me to be.

by Anonymousreply 76August 14, 2020 11:01 PM

Haven't confused you with anyone Bosie. Enjoy the suburbs of Chicago with your partner.

by Anonymousreply 77August 14, 2020 11:04 PM

Is it just me or are people making a huge deal out of this which amounts to run of the mill dirty politics? It's going to happen all over the country

by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2020 11:05 PM

R77 My partner happens to be both an American and an electrician, so I would imagine so. Who or what is a Bosie?

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2020 11:07 PM

Ok, as another Brit (or a real one), no-one expressing himself in the prisspot way r79 does is shagging an electrician in Chicago or anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2020 11:10 PM

Oh, and a gay Brit not knowing who Bosie is - yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2020 11:11 PM

R78 I dare say many are making a lot out of claiming I work for Neal's office, or am a bloke on reddit, or someone called Bosie.

I'm just opinionated, and like posting here. I really don't care personally about Mayor Mouse.

I'm glad of this forum being anonymous however, as there are many mental cases who post here with some frequency.

by Anonymousreply 82August 14, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote]there are many mental cases who post here with some frequency.

Not to worry. As you say, the DL is anonymous. Your illnesses are your own business.

by Anonymousreply 83August 14, 2020 11:14 PM

R83 Allow me to ask you why you're so emotional over this mayor? Do you work for him? Whyeveris it important to you, that I find him to be questionable? You seem rather sensitive.

R81 A bosie (lowercase b is Scottish for hug, or to cuddle from where I'm from) or a Cricket ball... Have not a clue who you're going on about. I don't care either. Too many people are investing far too much emotion in a small town East Coast mayor who you'll never meet. He probably will not have much of a future in politics either. He has a terrible reputation in MA presently. If you've donated any monies, I'm sorry for your loss.

by Anonymousreply 84August 14, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote]Too many people are investing far too much emotion in a small town East Coast mayor

As opposed to yourself Bosie?

by Anonymousreply 85August 14, 2020 11:22 PM

R80 Too bad reality doesn't quite measure up to your preconceived notions. My family have been British for five generations, so I don't believe you're any more British, or real than I am.

by Anonymousreply 86August 14, 2020 11:25 PM

How does a gay Brit, particularly an eldergay Brit, not know who Bosie is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 14, 2020 11:25 PM

Because he's a fake troll.

by Anonymousreply 88August 14, 2020 11:26 PM

R85 I'm not emotionally invested in this candidate. I don't vote here, as I'm not a citizen. I am impressed by his ardent defenders however.

Are you in MA? Do you personally vouch for what a stand up bloke he is? Give us something more tangible if we're to believe he's all that and a bag of crisps

by Anonymousreply 89August 14, 2020 11:29 PM

I don't think so, r88. There's an elderly British gay expat who lives in Chicago who's posted on DL before in an equally obsessive manner, starting arguments of which he will not let go. He used to post in the very early hours, eastern time, which led me to assume he was living in England, but apparently he's now in Chicago. Or he's someone different, and I'm wrong about him.

I think he's one of the "mutilated" shriekers as well. If he's who I'm thinking of, he also spells "bitchy" and "queeny" with an "ie" on the end instead of the "y."

by Anonymousreply 90August 14, 2020 11:34 PM

I should think many of the posters blindly defending the Mayor are somewhat triggered. I should think it says something more about their own behaviour (which may be equally questionable, or unpopular) really.

Funnily enough, no one here is going on about his virtues, achievements, or attributes. If you're all behind him and support him heading into Congress, why is he such a great choice, or viable candidate?

by Anonymousreply 91August 14, 2020 11:34 PM

Christ, his posts read like the way an American thinks a Brit speaks.

He broke no rules, nor committed no crimes. As for the comment further upthread that, essentially, politicians must be perfect - no thank you. I don't want the - to quite The Thick Of It - brushed aluminium cyberpricks who know they want to be politicians from their teen years and live perfectly unblemished lives building to that. We need more real people in politics.

Anyway, I propose we don't allow this troll to take the thread further off topic - which is the very real and proven conspiracy against Morse. Do we think it's just coincidental he showed up here with all this bullshit when it was shown that the state party had links to the plot?

Also, has anyone linked to this broken cover yet? I had a look around and still haven't seen any public comment from those named, from UMass Dems (whose most recent tweet is still the same letter they've privately apologised for), from The Collegian, etc.

by Anonymousreply 92August 14, 2020 11:42 PM

It's ashame the college didn't handle an investigation more privately, so that facts could just be facts. Now I have no idea what is what with this story. First it was several students, now it's only a couple trying to manipulate him? Could it be both? Who knows because they've made a mess of it by jumping on the story too soon.

by Anonymousreply 93August 14, 2020 11:46 PM

R88 Sorry mate, but you're the troll if you must keep insisting you know me from reddit, or claim I'm someone trolling on behalf a vast conspiracy against Mayor Mouse.

Just stick to the issues, and argue for someone by elaborating on their strengths, rather than continue to make excuses for their weaknesses. Surely there must be some notable accomplishments in over ten years time as mayor.

People didn't come here for that though, now did they? Crickets.....

by Anonymousreply 94August 14, 2020 11:47 PM

R93 If there was a complaint, that means that the college Dems deliberately did nothing for an extended period of several months. And then during this period, rather than acting on said complaint, they instead decided to attempt to fake further complaints, and also tried to lead Morse into saying something embarrassing in private messages which they could then screenshot and post online. They also shopped this story around to various media outlets, before going the publicly posted letter route. So even if there was a real complaint which started this off, they decided rather than actually deal with it properly they'd use it for their own political purposes.

Of course, the question you then need to ask is: if they wanted to damage him politically and there was a genuine complaint, why would they need to go to all that effort to create the fake stuff as well? And again, why didn't they act on this complaint when they actually received it?

by Anonymousreply 95August 14, 2020 11:55 PM

R93 Agreed. Seems to add more confusion really. I still find it rather interesting that one of his female supporters claimed her offers to volunteer had been repeatedly rebuffed... I may be wrong, but it would support the idea Mayor Mouse was getting close with members of Young Democrats for something other than political purposes.

I'm willing to admit I missed the part where the Ennis cat was after the mouse, and will look up on it, but I think my mind's made up that Morse isn't above reproach, based on the statement by Young Democrats that OTHERS not involved still lodged complaints.

by Anonymousreply 96August 14, 2020 11:58 PM

[quote]based on the statement by a group of proven liars who were hoping to get jobs from Morse's political opponent

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 97August 15, 2020 12:00 AM

R95 Those are all remarkably good questions. It's by far more interesting to read critical questions, than ad hominem attacks like "prisspot" simply because I find the Mayor a bit sketchy.

by Anonymousreply 98August 15, 2020 12:09 AM

Tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 99August 15, 2020 12:30 AM

R96 Or he just didn't want her, specifically. Things on this level need an actual pattern.

by Anonymousreply 100August 15, 2020 12:43 AM

[quote]Seems to add more confusion really. I still find it rather interesting that one of his female supporters claimed her offers to volunteer had been repeatedly rebuffed... I may be wrong, but it would support the idea Mayor Mouse was getting close with members of Young Democrats for something other than political purposes.

This is the biggest nonsequitur I've seen in my life, and just further proof that you're absolutely invested in pushing the idea that Morse spends every second of his day trying to get into the pants of "teen students" who are male. His campaign spokesperson, by the way, is a woman, so get fucked, you fake Britard.

by Anonymousreply 101August 15, 2020 12:52 AM

R100 Fair enough, she simply found it weird the Young Democrats continually steered her for Ed Markey, and someone else. She did claim he only had young men volunteering. This is an interesting case.

To be clear, I'm suggesting the mayor is a bad person, or guilty of anything illegal. Simply doesn't look good all around.

by Anonymousreply 102August 15, 2020 12:54 AM

[quote]To be clear, I'm suggesting the mayor is a bad person.

Yes. Over and over and over and over.

by Anonymousreply 103August 15, 2020 12:58 AM

R101 Simply because I'm obviously old-fashioned, and don't shine on his behaviour doesn't warrant you calling me "Britard". Grow up, and learn the finer points of constructing a formal logical argument, or learn to sing your candidates praises eloquently, rather than resorting to your juvenile insults.

Part of growing up is realising some older people (me) DO care how things look, or the impression they give. In politics, more so than anywhere else, image is paramount. I'm sorry you take umbrage to my position here, but I'm serious, and not a troll. The problem with American politics presently, is that leaders have much too much baggage. It's easy ammo for opponents.

As I mentioned, it's not a character assassination of Mayor Mouse, but rather a critique of his IMAGE, which renders him unfit for Congress. He may be a rather nice, or harmless person. This isn't a fight to the death here, or a sentencing of him.

You're delusional if you believe he would be well received turning up at events and fundraisers with young men from UMass. It's a fantasy for many, but it isn't even close to reality in this country.... especially at such a time of partisanship and Republican high jinx.

by Anonymousreply 104August 15, 2020 1:07 AM

^ correction to R102, meant to say I'm not suggesting he's a bad person.

by Anonymousreply 105August 15, 2020 1:11 AM

R104 You actually think the "Mayor Mouse" thing is funny, don't you?

And really, how utterly pathetic that you don't care about any qualities aside from image. It's that kind of stupidity which makes people think you're a troll.

by Anonymousreply 106August 15, 2020 1:13 AM

R106 He reminds me if a small mouse in my garden I'm rather fond of actually. (based on his looks alone) I only found it funny contemplating the game of cat and mouse between Ennis & Morse.

No, I'm blowing smoke up your bum, mouse was a typo initially, THEN I found it quite funny, and just riffed on it, after calling Ennis "cat". Got it now?

You need a bit of comic relief in your life; you're much too serious.

by Anonymousreply 107August 15, 2020 1:19 AM

R107 Something needs to be funny to be comic relief.

by Anonymousreply 108August 15, 2020 1:19 AM

R106 He reminds me if a small mouse in my garden I'm rather fond of actually. (based on his looks alone) I only found it funny contemplating the game of cat and mouse between Ennis & Morse.

No, I'm blowing smoke up your bum, mouse was a typo initially, THEN I found it quite funny, and just riffed on it, after calling Ennis "cat". Got it now?

You need a bit of comic relief in your life; you're much too serious.

by Anonymousreply 109August 15, 2020 1:20 AM

R106 I was good enough to post a link on the previous thread on Morse, to OP's thread. I'm very circumspect what I have typed, and what I think of him. I've expressed many more thoughts based on deeper aspects, or concerns other than image. You simply haven't read all my posts.

I don't dig messy people like Morse... as political candidates is all... you cannot sell me on some story of him being a victim, or being completely above reproach, try as you may.

He has a lot of maturing to do before he can be a Congressman. Sorry, not a troll either, despite your incessant repeating it.

by Anonymousreply 110August 15, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote]Fair enough, she simply found it weird the Young Democrats continually steered her for Ed Markey, and someone else. She did claim he only had young men volunteering. This is an interesting case.

Sorry, you're making stuff up now or what?

by Anonymousreply 111August 15, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote] I'm very circumspect what I have typed

Says the poster who tried to suggest Morse was only interested in 18 year olds. We're still waiting for your proof on that one.

[quote]I've expressed many more thoughts based on deeper aspects, or concerns other than image.

And yet you said:

[quote]As I mentioned, it's not a character assassination of Mayor Mouse, but rather a critique of his IMAGE

And what exactly did he do that was so "messy"? Dated people who attended the college at which he worked - none of whom were his students? None of which violated the law or rules of the college?

The only reason you're posting is to try and change the topic away from the deliberate conspiracy to smear Morse using homophobic tropes, which you've tried to add to with the comment about 18 year olds and suggesting he only hires men - again, posted with zero proof.

by Anonymousreply 112August 15, 2020 1:33 AM

R111 It's all they're capable of, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 113August 15, 2020 1:33 AM

R111No, I actually read that in article, whether you like it or not! She is a member of the Young Democrats Club.

I'm off to bed now, I'm bored of this, and I have an electrician to fuck.

I still haven't read any good posts about why he's a viable candidate, or what he can bring to Congress, other than potential scandal. People are seriously lacking information about his candidacy, otherwise they would have something to offer up in his defence.

by Anonymousreply 114August 15, 2020 1:38 AM

[quote]Too many people are investing far too much emotion in a small town East Coast mayor who you'll never meet.

The person who said this, the fake Brit, posted more than thirty times on this thread, and all of his posts here were made in the last 6 hours. In addition, all of his efforts here were made with the obvious intention of defaming Morse. In his last posts, he said that, according to the female supporter of his, all his volunteers were "young men". I have been looking for evidence of this on Twitter and Google; I haven't had any success so far, despite the fact that Morse's detractors on Twitter are legion.

It's time to admit that fake Britard is acting in bad faith.

by Anonymousreply 115August 15, 2020 1:39 AM

R115 But he read it "in article"! Of course, he hasn't bothered to link to an article, because he has to go to bed. At 8.40pm.

by Anonymousreply 116August 15, 2020 1:41 AM

[quote]I actually read that in article

Which article, liar?

[quote]I'm off to bed now, I'm bored of this, and I have an electrician to fuck.

Oh, how convenient that after dropping that bomb and being questioned about your source, you say you're going to bed, despite the fact that it isn't even 9 PM where you say you're from. How convenient!

by Anonymousreply 117August 15, 2020 1:41 AM

R115 Not "acting in bad faith" simoly because I disagree with you. Bugger off... Why must you make such remarks, rather than defend him, or speak of his platform?

You simply enjoy trolling me is all. Get a life mate, or go rub one out.

Nighty-Nite

by Anonymousreply 118August 15, 2020 1:43 AM

That’s an unwieldy headline.

by Anonymousreply 119August 15, 2020 1:44 AM

r118 Still not linking to the article, huh? I'm going to repeat what I said before, you're definitely tied to the campaign to spread homophobic innuendo against Morse.

by Anonymousreply 120August 15, 2020 1:45 AM

R118 Because this thread isn't about his electability or not, that's for the the voters in his district to decide. And you're just using that as a failed attempt to change the topic from what this thread is actually about: the existence of a plot to discredit him hatched by College Democrats and supported by the state party.

by Anonymousreply 121August 15, 2020 1:45 AM

Ennis and Abramson trying out their creative writing skills impersonating Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

by Anonymousreply 122August 15, 2020 1:52 AM

This thread is actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 123August 15, 2020 2:23 AM

So glad I went to sleep before Bosie.

by Anonymousreply 124August 15, 2020 3:30 AM

R115 May I point out you contributed 29 or 30 posts yourself. And? What of it? It doesn't prove anything really. You also have absolutely no business suggesting I'm homophobic, when you lashed out at another poster on the previous thread about Morse, calling her a Dyke. You really need to watch the language if you fancy yourself in a superior position. People arguing for inappropriate behaviour do not win any humanitarian awards for screeching DYKE in my book. Shame on you for that poor choice.

Probably more than half my posts were in the form of replies/rebuttals to numerous ad hominem attacks, and insults. I was foolish to engage you in hindsight. I might add this forum never ceases to amaze with how many delusional posters we have here...

In addition to suppositions I'm either Ennis, Mary Poppins, Abramson, or someone on Neal's campaign, I'll have you know I've also been accused of being Alyssa Milano's PR agent, multiple Borises and Igors, Markle's publicist, and so on. People such as yourself are so common and predictable here. None of you can properly hold a respectful debate and stick to convincing rhetoric; you all resort to childish name calling.

And who do some you think you are suggesting it's up to YOU when some poster chooses to log off here, retire for the evening, or fuck their beau?

There's something fundamentally wrong with the lot of you.

by Anonymousreply 125August 15, 2020 9:33 PM

[quote]May I point out you contributed 29 or 30 posts yourself.

The difference is that I don't hide that Morse's success, as gay man who's a victim of homophobia, is important to me. You, on the other hand, pretend that you don't care about a race involving a "small town mayor", all the while spamming this thread with almost forty posts, each one of them possessing either lies or defamatory innuendo against Morse. Don't think I forgot your last lie on this thread, that Morse turned away female volunteers because he only wanted to work with "young men". I reiterate the demand that you post the link where you said you found this information; but I know you won't, because you’re a troll, a liar, or someone involved in the operation to defame Morse. You'll try to change the subject again, playing victim due to the fact that most people here don't swallow the lies you tell about Morse. By the way, no one here has accused you of being Abramson or Ennis; this is another attempt of yours to play a victim and try to create another storyline in order to distract people here from the lies you told about Morse, which you refuse to support with the links you said you had.

by Anonymousreply 126August 15, 2020 9:53 PM

I at least had a good laugh at our little loon telling us how he's constantly accused of being a troll in basically every thread he posts in. You'd think that'd tell him something about the quality of his posts.

by Anonymousreply 127August 15, 2020 11:15 PM

Hell, I only accused you of being Bosie.

by Anonymousreply 128August 15, 2020 11:19 PM

R89: "Are you in MA? Do you personally vouch for what a stand up bloke he is? Give us something more tangible if we're to believe he's all that and a bag of crisps"

I'm in Massachusetts and it makes me wonder if it's a smokescreen to distract from Morse's record. If he did a great job as mayor, a job he's held for most of the past decade, what are his accomplishments?

I live on the other end of the state, so all I can see from here are stats. Two stand out: Holyoke has the highest violent crime rate of any city in Massachusetts. And Holyoke's schools have been under state receivership since 2015 with a high-school graduation rate of 72%. Morse was elected as mayor in 2011. His major initiatives have included offering refuge to Puerto Ricans displaced by Hurricane Maria, encouraging legal marijuana businesses and restoring the city's downtown.

All good, but is that a record anyone can point to and say, "Elect me" - to replace one of the most powerful members of the majority party in Congress, the Chair of the House Ways and Means Committee, who brings home the bacon for his district, the poorest in the state - "because I've been so successful."

by Anonymousreply 129August 16, 2020 12:10 AM

R126 I never DID say I was NOT interested, but rather proclaimed a sincere interest in his behaviour (which I believe to be wrong, foolish, demonstrate poor judgement, etc) in direct relation to HIS BEING a candidate for US Congress.

My entire argument is predicated on the belief that Democrats can, and ought to do better. You are the trolliest troll who ever trolled in DL trolling.

Do you have an aversion to paragraphs?

I've been contributing comments to the DL for years. I'm not some interloper, or troll with a passion to smear Morse. As I've reiterated several times, he's the product of his own undoing. The university has unequivocally stated that they have no intentions of rehiring him, or asking him back. They have begun their investigation because they believe the complaints not involving Ennis are genuine, and sincere. They aim not to vindicate Mayor Morse specifically, but to ensure there have been no Title IX violations.

I think that statement sums up quite tidily that I'm not the only individual questioning the man's judgement or behaviour. Although a minority, there are other sane and logical minded posters on the previpus thread who are in agreement with me. I'm not some lone loon, or part of any conspiracy here.

by Anonymousreply 130August 16, 2020 8:49 PM

r130 is still pretending that he has not read the last twelve times we asked for the link to the last accusation he made against Morse, that he was turning away female volunteers to only employ male ones. It couldn't be clearer that he is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 131August 16, 2020 8:53 PM

A link to the previous thread

by Anonymousreply 132August 16, 2020 8:54 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 16, 2020 8:54 PM

R131 I'm not going to hunt for it. Sorry, this isn't your echo chamber, and I'm not falling for your sealioning. There's plenty to stand on that Morse is a poor candidate for US Congress.

Though he may not be a bad or immoral person, (I'm not here to sully his character) I do find people like him in my own life to be curiously stunted psychologically insofar as their predilection for such young college students as sex partners, or dates. The argument is funny that he cannot help or avoid meeting up with students. What's wrong with selecting an adult on one's own level, both professionally, and maturity wise?

Sorry, but none of you can even promote whatever is so positive about him for us to overlook the questionable parts. It would appear many of YOU are here only to promote sex with teenage university students, nothing more really.

by Anonymousreply 134August 16, 2020 9:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 16, 2020 9:04 PM

[quote]I'm not going to hunt for it

Imagine our shock.

Hm, if only there was a word to describe someone who posts over and over to try to derail threads and makes stuff up...

by Anonymousreply 136August 16, 2020 9:06 PM

R136 It doesn't matter to either of us, as both our minds are made up on the matter. The PTB at UMass have obviously made their minds up as well. (Same for Young Democrats)

by Anonymousreply 137August 16, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote] It doesn't matter to either of us, as both our minds are made up on the matter

Except unlike you if someone provided proof of something I disagreed with, I'd change my mind. But thanks for admitting that things like proof and evidence mean absolutely nothing to you.

by Anonymousreply 138August 16, 2020 9:14 PM

Bay State Stonewall Dems calling for an independent investigation and attack the tactics used

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 16, 2020 9:20 PM

R131 Isn't that rich... "We"... Who the fuck are you? You most certainly have an inflated opinion of yourself.

Do you sit on a witch's council? Are you the leader of some imaginary jury? You're highly amusing to me. First you have supepowers to identify anonymous posters on DL, now you are a plural collective noun. Wow!

by Anonymousreply 140August 16, 2020 9:21 PM

People around the world honor Boise. And rightly so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 16, 2020 9:24 PM

[quote]And Holyoke's schools have been under state receivership since 2015 with a high-school graduation rate of 72%.

"When I took office, only 49% of our students were graduating from high school. Today, nearly 75% of our students are graduating. We have a waiting list to get into our elementary schools by investing in dual language programs, learning Spanish and English starting in preschool."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 18, 2020 1:20 AM

Morse is receiving some solidarity from State Dems:

[quote]However, the 48 Democratic State Committee members who signed a separate letter later in the day calling for a quicker review questioned “the ability of the party to investigate itself, and the role leadership may have played.”

[quote]“Indeed the suggestion that the investigation should await the primary results so as not to affect them is ludicrous given the damage that has already been inflicted on Mayor Morse’s campaign by the actions of the Mass College Dems,” the letter reads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 18, 2020 1:33 AM

R142 What Mayor Morse doesn't mention is that those improvements - middling as they are: a 72% graduation rate when the statewide graduation rate is 92% - have happened since the Commonwealth of Massachusetts took over the "chronically under-performing" school system in 2015, three years after Morse became Mayor. Fair enough: any mayor's role in education is secondary when you have an elected school committee. His primary role there is to see that the city adequately funds education. Holyoke's voters have defeated two bond issues to build new schools (issues, btw, where the state offers to pay 90% of the construction costs with the city paying 10% which it can bond over 40 years - a good - no, a great deal for any city or town), so clearly he wasn't too successful there. Why then is he taking credit for something that 1: he's not responsible for and 2: ain't that great to start with, even from such a low bar. When more than a quarter of the high school seniors don't graduate, it's going to be difficult to build the tech corridor he's promised will create local jobs. It won't help the crime rate, either.

No mention of the crime rate. Why? Because the numbers don't look that great? For the second year in a row, Holyoke is the most dangerous city in Massachusetts eight years after Morse became mayor. The crime rate is almost double (95.4% above) the national average. In the last year alone violent crime in Holyoke, already high, rose 4% and property crime rose 10%. It's getting worse, not better.

You reward politicians for doing a good job. Has Morse done a good job?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 18, 2020 4:14 PM

Bosie - either you or this thread need to die.

by Anonymousreply 145August 18, 2020 4:17 PM

Mandela was a "middling" politician with no achievements because South Africa hasn't transform into Switzerland since 1994. That's the "logic" of r129/r144.

by Anonymousreply 146August 18, 2020 4:28 PM

The "logic" of R146 and his 33 other posts on this thread - invested much? - is that Alex should be elected despite being unable to point us towards a single thing that makes Morse merit election to Congress. "He's not Richie Neal" isn't an argument.

By deflecting rather than responding, he manages to trash a great man who hasn't been running South Africa since he relinquished the presidency of that country in 1998 because it hasn't become Switzerland. Neither has Holyoke, but Alex Morse HAS been running Holyoke for the last eight years and the place has gone further downhill on his watch. Again, by any objective measure, Holyoke is in worse shape today than it was when Morse took over. The schools are still bad and the crime rate is getting worse.

The Morse stan still can't tell us why that makes Morse the best candidate.

by Anonymousreply 147August 18, 2020 4:49 PM

r147 is the fake Brit who posted 40 times here, in order to, among other things, spread the false rumor that Alex doesn't accept female volunteers; when asked to show his source, has tried to change conversation every single of the 10 times he was asked. He's obviously a part of the astroturf campaign in Massachusetts to defame Morse. I have the feeling r129/r144 is his second account.

by Anonymousreply 148August 18, 2020 4:56 PM

[quote]The "logic" of [R146] and his 33 other posts on this thread - invested much?

Coming from YOU?

by Anonymousreply 149August 18, 2020 4:57 PM

Deflect, deflect, deflect. Accuse others of being others. Do anything, R149/Rich/all your other posts on the topic, except answer the question asked: What has he done to deserve election? You deflect to Mandela, saying SA isn’t Switzerland. No, it’s not. Nor has Nelson Mandela been President for twenty-two years. Morse has been mayor of Holyoke for the last eight years while the schools still suck and violent crime rose.

You don't even have much of an argument, let alone credibility here, when you see - but don’t mention - that ten days ago, in an effort to frame the entire story for people outside Massachusetts, that I posted (in #64 in the "Gay Congressional Candidate Apologizes for Having Sex with Members of College Democratic Groups" thread) “He's trying to primary Richie Neal, the incumbent, next month. [bold]Either he was set up or he really is an asshole or both. Still, the timing is anything but suspicious...”[/bold] Does that sound - written well before there were any suspicions about the nature of the accusations made against him - like I'm trashing him? You ignored it when it was pointed out then and you’re ignoring it now, meanwhile accusing me of using multiple accounts. How could I manage that, given how much I post under just one, deadass?

Answer that and apologize or else you’ve once again shown us you're full of shit, making false accusations with zero proof, still offering no arguments in support of Morse, and can’t answer the one simple question I’ve asked again and again: What has Morse done as Mayor to deserve election to Congress? It seems you can't or won't and want to talk about anything else. Is his record that bad there's nothing you can point to?

by Anonymousreply 150August 18, 2020 5:52 PM

How hypocritical to accuse others of deflecting, when that's what you're trying to do. Once again, this isn't the "reasons to elect Morse" thread. This thread is to discuss the conspiracy against Morse waged by college and state Democrats, who happily used homophobic tropes to smear a gay man. The fact so many on DL are willing to overlook the fact that tactics like this are being used by Democrats is incredibly depressing. Hell, not just overlook, some of you are actively trying to change the topic and get people to ignore it. It's hard to believe anyone would do that without having an ulterior motive.

by Anonymousreply 151August 18, 2020 8:11 PM

O.M.F.G. Bosie! You think my name is Rich? I thought you were just clueless, but you are actually stupid.

I was using "rich" in a descriptive sense. I would explain it to you, but you wouldn't get it. You are just stupid.

By the way, my only posts on this thread are when I accuse you of being Bosie, Bosie. The rest of the crap you spew so effortlessly has no meaning in objective reality and absolutely no relevance to the topic of this thread, so I ignore it. As should all sane people. Since you are, you know, stupid and all.

Don't you have some "sexual partners from trade schools, community colleges, or drop-outs" to fuck?

by Anonymousreply 152August 18, 2020 9:56 PM

R151 Right. How completely savage of me, and sneaky to mention an anecdote from an article I can't remember where... on a gossip site no less...I find it hilarious some of you with such superpowers can hear my accent through the internet.

R148 I've only the one account. You all give me too much credit with your wild suppositions and paranoid attributions. Honestly, thanks for all the laughs reading your remarks.

by Anonymousreply 153August 19, 2020 7:39 PM

R147, R129, and R144 Makes excellent points however, echoing my sentiments. The accusations or narrative I've come here to smear Morse is absolute rubbish. From the start on the other thread, I don't like the behaviour, and this find it demonstrates poor judgement, lack of self control etc, which I find to be disqualifying for him.

The rest of the accusations are simply comical in nature, as they all amount to personal attacks on me. Whatever happened to "don't shoot the messenger"? If he did have many great accomplishments under his belt, I would consider them germane to any arguments attempting to persuade me, or others.

In all fairness and objectivity, regardless of my insignificant opinion of him, he certainly has legions of very passionate, ardent defenders here.

by Anonymousreply 154August 19, 2020 7:51 PM

[quote]The accusations or narrative I've come here to smear Morse is absolute rubbish

And yet you still haven't posted a source for your claims he employs only men and was interested only in 18 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 155August 19, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote]Whatever happened to "don't shoot the messenger"?

Whatever happened to "have an actual message if you don't want to be ridiculed?"

by Anonymousreply 156August 19, 2020 9:32 PM

R156 Enough now, perhaps you can go volunteer for him, and put your superpowers to good. I'm out mate. It's been fun, yet you're tedious, rude, and trollish.

You need to get over two things: not everyone agrees with you on this board, and one doesn't need to provide a link for a bloody anecdote mentioned in passing to have an opinion of someone.

by Anonymousreply 157August 19, 2020 9:37 PM

[quote]one doesn't need to provide a link for a bloody anecdote mentioned in passing to have an opinion of someone

You do if you want to be taken seriously. Fuckity bye.

by Anonymousreply 158August 19, 2020 9:43 PM

[quote]It's been fun, yet you're tedious, rude, and trollish.

I do my best.

by Anonymousreply 159August 19, 2020 9:45 PM

R158 No, as my opinion, and my values have absolutely nothing really to do with the anecdote. It still remains he has a thing for young college lads... AGAIN, you're quite daft... whether he does enjoy leagues of female volunteers doesn't change the nature of his behaviour, nor does it change the scandal of it all.

I'll repeat one last try for you: not being discrete about messing with, cruising, and annoying students whilst being both the mayor of a small town, and a lecturer is bonkers.... not the sort Democrats need as a candidate for higher office PERIOD. FULL-STOP. NOTHING MORE. You fail miserably to get your point across by insulting those who simply disagree with you.

You're pushing to hard to be considered normal, rational, or otherwise worthwhile to engage further.

by Anonymousreply 160August 19, 2020 9:50 PM

Many sock puppets abound on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 161August 19, 2020 9:52 PM

Thought you were out Bosie.

Maybe you don't understand the meaning of that word either?

Rich.

by Anonymousreply 162August 19, 2020 9:57 PM

DL never fails in providing troll entertainment while the topic at hand slides into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 163August 19, 2020 9:58 PM

[quote]not being discrete

Oh, dear. You're one of those.

by Anonymousreply 164August 19, 2020 11:08 PM

There's a poll in Massachusetts that is pushing fake news about Morse; it's very hard to believe that the Neal campaign isn't involved in this, because -- who else would be so invested in defaming the mayor?

[quote]A poll of unknown origin is targeting Morse, using the allegations from CDMA against him and even referring to false elements of the attack, such as accusations that Morse dated his students — an attack that was not made in the CDMA letter or anywhere else. “They said words to the effect that Morse had actually contacted a student he had taught and used salacious language in an effort to solicit sexual favors,” said Jim Palermo, a Southampton, Massachusetts, Democrat who was polled. “I interrupted and said there was no allegation on that.”

[quote]Palermo told The Intercept that he admired the young mayor’s openness and refusal to back down from who he is and for being forthcoming about his dating life, though he emphasized that the attacks that led to those comments being made in the first place were unacceptable. “I’m sorry this is happening to him,” said Palermo. “It seems like a smear campaign.”

The new article also shows that, whenever Morse got a new endorsement, the College Democrats would try to defame him with his new supporters:

[quote]Primaries for Progress, a project of the polling firm Data for Progress, received an anonymous message in late June about the Morse allegations claiming that the mayor’s “weird predatorial behavior” was “extremely alarming.” That letter’s writer identified themselves as “a staunch progressive (socialist, activist, also queer),” and claimed that they and their peers intended to vote for Neal because of Morse’s behavior.

[quote]“I think if some of this comes out, worse allegations will surface,” the letter said of Morse’s use of dating apps and Instagram to meet people, adding, “A lot of people are afraid to come forward because no laws were broken, but he was just predatorial and got involved with people that he had an unfair power dynamic with.”

[quote]The language of the tip hints at a strategy by those looking to take Morse down, rooted in the hope that “worse allegations will surface” after initial, vague rumors are made public. Often in the case of #MeToo stories, the first allegation will be followed by other survivors willing to come forward once the silence has been broken. The Morse case has not followed that pattern, however, as nobody has yet come forward on the record to make a claim of harm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 21, 2020 4:08 AM

The NY Times has now covered Morse. It's a nice article - perhaps the most positive coverage he has received outside The Intercept. It could've been more incisive against the Mass. Dem Party, though, considering it was they who cooked up the whole "scandal".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 23, 2020 8:00 PM

Was he actually vindicated? Didn't he date students at the college he taught at?

by Anonymousreply 167August 23, 2020 8:03 PM

r167 Shut up, you think we can't find the posts you wrote here, where you attack The Intercept and downplay the attacks on Morse as "run of the mill politics?"

by Anonymousreply 168August 23, 2020 8:06 PM

r168 Truth hurts

by Anonymousreply 169August 23, 2020 8:15 PM

Not to Morse.

by Anonymousreply 170August 23, 2020 8:18 PM

OP and his internet troll farm co-workers used a propoganda fueled source to start this thread. While there isn't much media coverage (mostly propaganda sites), Buzzfeed had an article over a week ago. It offers more clarity than what the right wing nuts are trying to make happen. The Intercept propoganda attempt actually backfired and boosted Morse's campaign. Nothing too scandalous here. It's only desperate right wingers trying make you think there is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 23, 2020 8:40 PM

r171 is an illiterate retard who has no idea of anything that happened here. It was the Intercept who rehabilitated Morse's image after the false accusations he received - Morse owes to The Intercept the fact that his campaign has received a boost. The very article he posted shows it was The Intercept which refuted the MA College Dem's narrative.

by Anonymousreply 172August 23, 2020 10:21 PM

R168, I'm not R167, but why must you be so hostile, and insist on telling others to shut up? Your entire style of interaction on this thread is suspect and most peculiar. There's no way in hell you're an unaffiliated random poster here. You're quick to anger, you continually attempt to belittle others, and you continue to repeat "We".... Just who really are you?

by Anonymousreply 173August 23, 2020 10:30 PM

r173 is the fake Brit who posted here 40 times to spread rumors about Morse. The last one was that Morse turned away female volunteers because he only wanted to work with "young men". Every time he was asked about the source for this rumors, which he says was "an article", he has tried to equivocate and change the conversation; he's a liar with an agenda, that's why he's done that. I might not be a pal to people here sometimes, but I'm not the only one who has noticed r173's sneakiness, dishonesty, and obvious agenda when it comes to the subject of this race.

by Anonymousreply 174August 23, 2020 10:35 PM

I thought you were done posting here, R173? And though I'm not R168 I can answer your question about "we" - we referring to the multiple people, including myself and R168, who have repeatedly asked you to provide a source for the claims which R174 refers to.

by Anonymousreply 175August 23, 2020 10:38 PM

R174 I've been most sincere in each of my posts... There's nothing fake about me really. My nationality isn't germane to either the thread, or our side conversation. I don't care where you really believe I'm from, but I do wish you would answer the question.

Are you representing others here, or do you have an affiliation with one of the groups involved? Are you in Holyoke, possibly the Mayor's office? His campaign?

And more importantly, whyever are you so worked up?

by Anonymousreply 176August 23, 2020 10:45 PM

r176 still not posting the article you said you read about Morse not accepting female volunteers to his campaign, are you? That reflects so well on your conduct here!

by Anonymousreply 177August 23, 2020 10:49 PM

[quote]I've been most sincere in each of my posts...

Sincerely stupid. Most.

by Anonymousreply 178August 23, 2020 10:51 PM

R177 The difference is that I'm not angry, despite your accusations that I'm a liar, and involved in some conspiracy to smear him. I never did insult you or others here. I have mentioned I find your emotions to be a bit over the top, and that you ought to learn what a formal logical argument Is comprised of, yet nothing on the level of your insults.

Telling one he's not playing fair, or speaking in a logical manner isn't resorting to ad hominems. I feel I'm well above reproach.

by Anonymousreply 179August 23, 2020 10:57 PM

[quote] I have mentioned I find your emotions to be a bit over the top

Democrats are using homophobic tropes to smear a gay candidate, and the self-loathers are crawling out to support them. The real question is why aren't more peoples emotions over the top over this issue?

[quote]and that you ought to learn what a formal logical argument Is comprised of

Yes, R177, don't you know that the real way to form logical arguments is to make shit up and claim you read it in an article which you can never link to?

[quote]I feel I'm well above reproach

You're very very wrong. But you're probably used to that by now.

Anyway, it's just past 6pm in Chicago, shouldn't you be getting ready for bed?

by Anonymousreply 180August 23, 2020 11:02 PM

r176 Not being angry is not some sort of indication of having good character. It can be the opposite - for example, falsely accused people get mad when they pass through their ordeal; rightly accused people sometimes are not, because they know that what they deserve is finally coming to them. You're not mad about being falsely accused because you know the accusation made against you, that you're here with an agenda against Morse while trying to feign impartiality, is true.

I've lost the count of how many times some others posters here and I have asked you to disclose which article was it where you supposedly read about Morse only working with "young men". And every time you try to change the conversation. Anybody can tell that your conduct is fishy, that that's what somebody who consciously tells lies to support an agenda would have done in your place. So most likely that's what you are, a conscious liar with an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 181August 23, 2020 11:02 PM

Not r177, but I've gleefully insulted you r179.

You are completely unable to stick to the topic under discussion. You twist and manipulate this thread in favor of some bizarre agenda that you alone share. So no, you do not play fair, you do not speak in a logical manner and you are actually beneath reproach.

If I call you a miserable worm, is that an ad-hominem attack?

by Anonymousreply 182August 23, 2020 11:02 PM

R182 Are you part of the collective or Royal "We"? I just aim to know who is involved in the group you two represent. Clearly you're much too involved/invested here. The funny thing is, I have no agenda. I've only maintained an interest here due to the nutbaggery of you and R177. Me thinks thoud dost protest too much.

R177 After my partner read a number of your posts, he's suggested I advise you to "Slow the roll, Susie Drama" .

by Anonymousreply 183August 23, 2020 11:08 PM

I still cannot believe that you, YOU have the gall to call any single person in this thread "too involved/invested".

Frankly, the electrician sounds about as stupid as you do Bosie.

by Anonymousreply 184August 23, 2020 11:10 PM

The two of you have a lot of stinky socks, or you're both duelling alters in a very complex case of Dissociative Disorder. You fail to answer the most basic of civilised questions here. Even for Americans, it's not typical to continually refer to one's self as "We". That's a bloody Freudian slip right there.

by Anonymousreply 185August 23, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote]The two of you have a lot of stinky socks

Sums up your level of discourse right there. Absolutely love how no one can insult you better than you can insult yourself.

But I try.

Never referred to myself in the plural sense.

by Anonymousreply 186August 23, 2020 11:21 PM

I hope you Morse trolls on the nutbaggers' trail get the help you so desperately need.

by Anonymousreply 187August 23, 2020 11:24 PM

A thread for the Morse & Co. Bros. here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 23, 2020 11:26 PM

Here's yet another lads...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 23, 2020 11:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 23, 2020 11:54 PM

R190 Ha!

by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2020 11:57 PM

So are the guys who set him up being investigated?

by Anonymousreply 192August 23, 2020 11:57 PM

R192 The state Democratic party has said they'll investigate but have been shown to be involved in the plot themselves - see R39's post, and they also want to wait until after the primary to start it. 48 members of the State Democratic Committee and Stonewall Democrats have demanded an independent investigation which should start immediately - see R143's post.

by Anonymousreply 193August 24, 2020 12:01 AM

On Twitter I see a lot of hostility against Morse coming from gay supporters of Pete Buttigieg. Interestingly, Timothy Ennis was a Pete supporter, as well. Hypocritically, they see nothing wrong with Biden, even though Morse has never been accused of anything as bad as the things that have been said of Biden.

And by the way, I'm not telling anybody not to vote for Biden. If I were American, I'd vote for him, though with reluctance. But if you're coming hard in his favor, don't pretend to be outraged by the accusations, partly false, partly banal, made against Morse.

by Anonymousreply 194August 24, 2020 1:27 AM

Is he going to owe Putin big time since the intercept showed up to defend him?

by Anonymousreply 195August 24, 2020 4:48 AM

The College Dems chapter at UMass has sent Morse a letter apologizing for their role in the smear of him, and some of its leadership has stepped down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 29, 2020 9:46 PM

Something that I have noticed -- the Mass. media is doing its hardest to ignore all the findings exonerating Morse from wrongdoing. They were eating up all the trash accusations when it seemed Morse was on the defensive; tried it hard to eep reporting as usual after The Intercept exposed the College Dems' conspiracy; but now that some bigger media, such as the NYTimes, has declared that Morse innocent and vindicated, they dropped the story altogether.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 29, 2020 9:52 PM

* tried hard to keep

by Anonymousreply 198August 29, 2020 11:01 PM

UMass Dems public statement, finally. They left it as close to the primary as possible, obviously hoping their silence would do damage.

So Abramson told them some people had made complaints and not a single one of them asked for more details or anything? Instead they just approved the letter? How utterly ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 30, 2020 12:58 AM

No one cares about this, Neal is still ahead and will beat this guy.

by Anonymousreply 200August 30, 2020 1:18 AM

r200 has commented here about 10 times, each one of them to smear Morse or idiotically adduce Russia in order to cast doubt on The Intercept's reporting. He very much cares about this, and is worried that Morse will pull an AOC-style upset against Neal, who's hanging by a thread according to the latest polling.

by Anonymousreply 201August 30, 2020 1:35 AM

R201 Enough with the "So and So has posted here umpteen million times " shite. Ten posts or remarks on a thread with two hundred posts is nothing. Perhaps you ought to consult with Muriel, and lobby hard for a maximum allowed posts per thread. Your smarmy arse is ALL OVER THIS BLOODY THREAD.

Are you in point of unrelated facts a shill for Morse? Are you the troll? Stop trying to be hall monitor and squelch others' voices here who dissent from the narrative you're promoting.

by Anonymousreply 202August 30, 2020 2:10 AM

Someone loves too much chicken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203August 30, 2020 2:14 AM

r202 I don't care how much you've posted here, scum. What matters is that it is obvious that you have some personal investment in the outcome of this race and that it is your wish that Morse lose and that the truth about the smears against him remain in the dark. But instead of admitting it, you (like the fake Britard who posted more here than anyone else) keep pretending that you're above it all, that none of this is of interest you, which is blatantly dishonest. Just say that you prefer a victory for Neal and that you don't dislike his lying, homophobic methods, and we're good.

by Anonymousreply 204August 30, 2020 2:24 AM

For R201

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 30, 2020 2:25 AM

For r205

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 30, 2020 2:27 AM

R204 I'm not poster R200... Should have said that from the start. Find something better to do than count others' replies. Begin with counting your own.

by Anonymousreply 207August 30, 2020 2:29 AM

r202 You're the fake Brit who tried to spread a false rumor against Morse -- that he doesn't accept women in his campaign -- and every time you get asked for sources, you try to dodge and change the subject. It's funny how the both of you always post in tandem. But sure, you're not the same person. Sure.

Anyway, I see you're done pretending that your objections against Morse are based on anything high-minded; you're now down to defaming him as a chicken hawk. You're exactly the homophobic smear artist that I and others have said you are.

And no, the fact that you posted here 65 times, more than any other person, while pretending you don't care about this race, will keep being mentioned here by me every time you post; it is is of extremely relevance, as we all know now that Morse is being defamed by smear artists working in the dark, and you might well be part of this campaign.

Regardless, where's the link for the article you promised to show us, where, according you, a female volunteer accuses Morse of turning her down because he only wanted to work with young men? Do you have that, or you admit to just trying to spread a lie because you're working for a homophobic campaign?

by Anonymousreply 208August 30, 2020 2:35 AM

The mere objection to a Chickenhawk Mayor/Prof isn't tantamount to "Homophobia" R206. Major FAIL. Different values, we're probably of different generations, and backgrounds. Stop portraying your fellow gay brothers as homophobic. You must be sixteen years old by the sum of your posts, insults, and tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 209August 30, 2020 2:35 AM

R208 And they just posted three times in a row in the other thread. Absolutely obsessed, and as you say, utterly homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 210August 30, 2020 2:40 AM

r209 The idea that someone gay cannot be homophobic is tremendous nonsense, as the story of people like Roy Cohn shows. It's telling that such emotional appeal is your only defense for your conduct here, which includes spreading false homophobic smear jobs and, more recently, using words nobody ever uses today other than social conservatives with a boner for homophobia.

Not even the lying twinks Ennis and Abramson tried to accuse Morse of having sex with young boys, which is what chicken hawk means. This is your lie, a homophobic lie. What vile trash you are.

by Anonymousreply 211August 30, 2020 2:41 AM

R208 Correction Cunt, [italic] I'm the poster who happens to be British, whom you keep referring to as "Fake Brit", " "Britard", or "Brit Tard", Bosie, etc.. [/italic]. I abhor people such as yourself who feel they own this forum. You may disagree, but stop stealing others' oxygen.

I knew we were unmatched when you began typing gibberish like "OMFG Bosie".... What the fuck, are you sixteen years-old? Fuckety-Bye was fairly impressive as well if you were actually a precocious sixteen year-old girl.

by Anonymousreply 212August 30, 2020 2:42 AM

Will the fake Brit with the fake electrician husband just show us already the link where he said he read that Morse doesn't accept women into his campaign? He's posted here almost 70 times already in the course of weeks - it's more than enough time and effort to have found that article, if it existed at all.

by Anonymousreply 213August 30, 2020 2:43 AM

R212 Fuckity-bye was me not R208, seems strange that a Brit interested in politics would've missed a Thick of It reference.

As for gibberish - feel free to post the source for your claims.

by Anonymousreply 214August 30, 2020 2:45 AM

R210 HE, not THEY. Get your bloody pronouns straight. The microagressive violence. You cause me to shudder.

by Anonymousreply 215August 30, 2020 2:47 AM

I've called you "fake Brit" and "Britard", but never "Bosie"; this is someone else. It's your own fault you're so widely disliked here.

by Anonymousreply 216August 30, 2020 2:48 AM

[quote]The two of you have a lot of stinky socks

[quote]What the fuck, are you sixteen years-old?

Those two quotes belong to the same person.

by Anonymousreply 217August 30, 2020 2:50 AM

R216 Then you're all creepy fanboys of a prematurely trollish Chickenhawk. This is what you defend? Such screwed up values or principles you choose to defend.

by Anonymousreply 218August 30, 2020 2:51 AM

R217 Brilliant sleuthing, yes those are my remarks, and I stand by them.

by Anonymousreply 219August 30, 2020 2:52 AM

Yes, so screwed up for a twenty-something year old to date and fuck other twenty-something year olds. So horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 220August 30, 2020 2:52 AM

Yes, so screwed up for a twenty-something year old to date and fuck other twenty-something year olds. So horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 221August 30, 2020 2:52 AM

[quote][R216] Then you're all creepy fanboys of a prematurely trollish Chickenhawk. This is what you defend? Such screwed up values or principles you choose to defend.

Learn to control your homophobic self, because Morse has never been accused of even looking in the direction of someone underage.

Where is that article where, according to you, a female volunteer complained about being turned down by the Morse campaign for being a woman? Will you ever show it to us, homophobic bastard?

by Anonymousreply 222August 30, 2020 2:56 AM

R220 He's soon to turn thirty-two... get a grip already. WRONG WRONG WRONG.... UNPROFESSIONAL! Don't make me scream at you anymore. The sooner you realise and make peace with the fact that most GENTLEMEN fifty and up do not think this is healthy, or normal.

by Anonymousreply 223August 30, 2020 2:57 AM

[quote]He's soon to turn thirty-two...

When he lectured at the university, he was not 32, idiot. He was 25-30.

Anyway, where is that article where, according to you, a female volunteer complained about being turned down by the Morse campaign for being a woman? Will you ever show it to us, homophobic bastard?

by Anonymousreply 224August 30, 2020 2:59 AM

How utterly refreshing, after blocking two cunts here, four allegedly indepent alters have gone poof! I hope you both don't have additional socks, as I'm sick of you.

by Anonymousreply 225August 30, 2020 3:03 AM

R225 Continues to embarrass itself, claiming blocking one person somehow magically blocked other accounts too? What a joke. I guess facts are difficult for the self-loathing crowd.

by Anonymousreply 226August 30, 2020 3:07 AM

The fake Brit (r225) has given up, he knows he can't answer, but can't keep dodging, questions about the false rumors he tried to spread about Morse, here.

(Anyway, this part here -- "after blocking two cunts here, four allegedly indepent alters have gone poof" -- makes no sense. A liar until the end.)

by Anonymousreply 227August 30, 2020 3:08 AM

OP, stop to make this happen. It's not going to happen. You and your troll farm minion co-workers feeding this thread need to close the book and move on.

by Anonymousreply 228August 30, 2020 3:20 AM

^^stop trying

by Anonymousreply 229August 30, 2020 3:22 AM

R226 There is no denying the fact that the mayor is turning thirty-two... and prefers dating college students at UMass. He's not one of their peers, nor is he in their cohort. Repeating that they are legally of the age of consent doesn't change the facts. He isn't matriculation age, and he is meant to instruct them and be a mentor in government and political studies, not sexuality. Many things in life may be quite legal, yet that doesn't always make them [italic] ethical[/italic]. It most certainly isn't professional at the very least.

Claiming he's in his twenties is the complete misrepresentation of the situation here. You can add further juvenile insults, like referring to me as "it" you only denigrate yourself with such a manner.

By his own admission, he's dated many of them, and attempted to woo them, and yes, some were eighteen. Deal with those pertinent facts. Mayor Morse is a Chickenhawk.

by Anonymousreply 230August 30, 2020 3:57 AM

[quote]prefers dating college students at UMass.

You have proof of this, or more bullshit? We all know the answer. There's absolutely nothing to suggest he preferred dating UMass students over non-students.

[quote]nor is he in their cohort

Except he was in their age cohort.

[quote] instruct them and be a mentor in government and political studies

Except he wasn't, because he never dated any of his students.

[quote]Claiming he's in his twenties is the complete misrepresentation of the situation here

In what was is stating facts a misrepresentation? He was in his twenties when he was an adjunct professor at UMass.

[quote]and yes, some were eighteen

Prove it, post a source. We won't hold our breath.

[quote]Deal with those pertinent facts

You should probably look up the definition of the word "facts".

by Anonymousreply 231August 30, 2020 4:22 AM

Alex Morse > Bosie.

I donated $$$ to Alex because of Bosie's attack on him.

by Anonymousreply 232August 30, 2020 4:25 AM

[quote]You can add further juvenile insults, like referring to me as "it"

Funny how you saw that, given you claimed to have blocked me before I posted it. Is there anything you don't lie about?

by Anonymousreply 233August 30, 2020 4:31 AM

R231 I find younto be a highly deluded individual. A thirty-one going on thirty-two year old mayor and prof is not in the same cohort as eighteen to twenty-one year-old students. Sorry, but that's incontrovertible. Furthermore, I don't need to prove anything, as he's admitted to it, and he certainly was involved with Freshman. (no pun or double entendre implied)

Some who have complained were eighteen and nineteen. Have you really read all the facts? Or are you just a dedicated little troll working on Morse's behalf? He's a creep, and quite possibly an Ephebophile.

by Anonymousreply 234August 30, 2020 4:53 AM

Some of you can proceed with new socks, or getting new DL accounts, as long as you continue to taunt me for disagreeing, and claiming stupid shite, I shall block you as well. R233, I haven't a clue what you're on about. I believe you are gaming the system as most trolls do. BLOCKED.

by Anonymousreply 235August 30, 2020 5:02 AM

The Berners and DSA screamers are laying a conspiracy ALL at Rep. Richard Neal's feet because he is a....wait for it.....CORPORATE NEOLIBERAL DEMOCRAT! RAAAAWWWRRR!!!!

by Anonymousreply 236August 30, 2020 5:26 AM

[quote]A thirty-one going on thirty-two year old mayor and prof

Except he was not a prof when he was 31 or 32. He was in his twenties when he was at UMass. Twenties being the same age cohort as students in their twenties.

[quote]Some who have complained were eighteen and nineteen

Again, prove it. The only reference to 18 year olds was in the letter which has now been totally discredited. And yet here you are, repeating the same old homophobic tropes that they hoped to smear him with.

[quote]He's a creep, and quite possibly an Ephebophile

Wow entering into the territory of libel now. And this from someone who earlier in the thread was insisting it never referred to Morse as a predator.

[quote]Some of you can proceed with new socks, or getting new DL accounts

You don't know how to check post histories, do you? How embarrassing. Anyone can see that I and the others posting have been using the same accounts all along. All you're doing is proving even further how you lie and lie and lie. Is your surname Aitken? As a 'Brit' you should understand that reference.

by Anonymousreply 237August 30, 2020 5:46 AM

R237 Of course I "know how" to checkmposting histories. However do you arrive at such strange assumptions? I also know you're the OP... in addition to 57 posts on one of your accounts, and the other with over 60. I simply go with the flow here, rather than obsessively checking "trolldar" and automatically counting others' posts. You're a strange bird.

Your supreme confidence in the most foolish rubbish statements is what tells me you're not worth my time here. Again, I've said it before, but you're pushing too hard to be some average passionate poster, even for one all boned up for this Chris Elliot look alike sleazebag.

by Anonymousreply 238August 30, 2020 6:04 AM

R238 More lies. And again, thought you blocked me?

And you're damn right I'm pushing hard on this. I couldn't really care less about Morse. But I am appalled that a homophobic smear campaign was launched within the Democratic party (and by gay men) and no-one seems to care. It's dismissed because people don't like the site it was posted on (how very Republican of them) despite there being screenshots, and now public admissions. Or dismissed by people like you, who have consistently added more and more layers of homophobic tropes.

This site is full of posters screeching about Russian trolls to every post they don't like, but here's a real conspiracy, one aimed at a gay man who did nothing illegal nor anything against the rules within the party that takes gay votes for granted, backed up with evidence and admissions, and no-one cares. It's shocking and pretty much guarantees a dearth of gay candidates going into the future when they realise their own party is going to be stabbing them in the back.

As for obsession - you're the one claiming to not care and yet constantly posting lie after lie after lie. Makes me start to wonder if you're the ugly fat little fucker who started this whole bullshit off in the first place. Aw, he didn't swipe right on you and you get upset, pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 239August 30, 2020 6:24 AM

For the troll farm grinds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240August 30, 2020 6:36 AM

[quote]It's just sex really

R51's line should go on the "Let's Be a Jennifer Aniston Movie!" thread.

by Anonymousreply 241August 30, 2020 7:01 AM

Fake Brit is liking his own posts now to pass the impression that he's "winning".

by Anonymousreply 242August 30, 2020 7:01 AM

Alex Morse,, ftw. Fuck off homophobic troll.

by Anonymousreply 243August 30, 2020 7:04 AM

It's good that the truth has finally come out in the last couple of weeks. Alex Morse's treatment was despicable. And beyond that, Richard Neal is standing in the way of progress...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 30, 2020 7:07 AM

Oh, from David Sirota, no less!

Well I'll just consider myself fully educated now!

by Anonymousreply 245August 30, 2020 9:24 PM

From the U Mass College Democrats an hour or two ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 30, 2020 9:33 PM

Morse lost. Hopefully he found a nice hookup on Grindr to heal his wounds.

by Anonymousreply 247September 3, 2020 12:08 AM

Another horrible call by Massachusetts. First Joe Kennedy and now Alex. Fuck you very much Mass. !!!!

by Anonymousreply 248September 3, 2020 12:19 AM

R248: Ghost of Rose, dear, Mr. Morse liked MEN, not dried up old Boston mayoral daughter/Irish clown car snatch. No matter how much you cheer him, he was not going to be your stable boy. Also, tell your great-grandson to get better lipstick next time and try for an office in the Commonwealth, not in DC. Enjoy your 4th martini of the evening, dear.

by Anonymousreply 249September 3, 2020 12:39 AM

R248 -- you seem very confused. Or perhaps you just vote based upon identity? I mean, I get that Joe Kennedy is younger and better looking than Ed Markey. And I get that Alex Morse is a cute gay guy who was the victim of an intentionally homophobic attack.

I'm just very surprised to find someone that supported both Alex Morse AND Joe Kennedy. Morse is a progressive who could have removed the staunchly centrist/conservative Richard Neal from the influential chairmanship of the House Ways & Means Committee and his cozy relationship with Wall St.

Kennedy, on the other hand, was needlessly primarying one of the most reliably progressive members of the senate for absolutely no reason other than to "graduate" from the House to the Senate because he felt that his family name entitled him to the spot. And, thankfully, Mass. voters saw through it by re-nominating Ed Markey and making Joe the first Kennedy in history to lose a race in Mass.

by Anonymousreply 250September 3, 2020 4:37 AM

I hope the homophobic little douches that targeted Morse to suck up to Richard Neal are roasted to ashes.

by Anonymousreply 251September 3, 2020 3:54 PM

[quote]I hope the homophobic little douches that targeted Morse to suck up to Richard Neal are roasted to ashes.

Including Bosie.

by Anonymousreply 252September 3, 2020 4:02 PM

The voters in Holyoke, where Morse has been mayor for the last decade or so, voted for the incumbent.

Neal beat Morse by almost 17 percentage points. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 253September 3, 2020 5:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!