Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET India von Halkein?

Has anyone seen her around lately?

Is she still in Andorra? Or is she on one of her trips back to Springfield to see FEE-LIP?

What does India have to say about His Pendulousness?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321September 2, 2020 10:38 PM

I bet Dorrie grew up to be a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2020 9:55 PM

I so wanted Dorie to come back in those last years of GL. She would have been a cunt, indeed! Dinah should have brought her back.

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2020 9:57 PM

The character of India was originally conceived as India Raines,

Bradley Raines niece

However it came down to Mary Kay Adams and Kristi Ferrell and TPTB just could not chose between the two, they loved them both

So they split the difference. India became Alexandra's step-daughter, While they created a brand new character for Kristi, which became Roxie Shayne, Reva's sister.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 10:06 PM

That's so fascinating....and no two actresses on earth are less alike than Kristi and Mary Kay! LOL

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2020 10:55 PM

Don't forget your pups this summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 6, 2020 3:26 AM

One of the funniest things I ever saw on a soap was when little Marah Lewis called her "Africa from Hallways."

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2020 7:14 AM

When he was about 2 years old my nephew loved India. Any time she was on he would run up and start kissing the tv screen.

by Anonymousreply 7August 6, 2020 11:12 AM

R7, is it safe to assume that he later went on to "dialing a phone with a pencil"?

by Anonymousreply 8August 6, 2020 12:54 PM

We have two P&G threads floating around, this one and a WHET Andy Dixon one.

The Andy Dixon thread is more of a Duke Kramer.....as in, had no idea it was out there until I found it! LOLOLOL

Anyway, here it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 6, 2020 1:41 PM

use whichever you like.....just wanted to share FYI

by Anonymousreply 10August 6, 2020 1:41 PM

Interesting episode. Seems like they were trying to recreate that Gothic feel between Alexandra and Daniel Pilon's Alan, but Pilon, as much as he looked and sounded like Chris Bernau, is not quite Bernau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 6, 2020 2:25 PM

Sadly no R8. He became a fat fuck deplorable. But I still love the little boy he once was.

by Anonymousreply 12August 6, 2020 2:25 PM

I do hope Mary Kay Adams has found happiness. There was a lovely Humans of New York about her a few years back. She lives somewhere outside of NYC with her female partner now.

by Anonymousreply 13August 6, 2020 2:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 6, 2020 2:38 PM

I would be remiss if we did not wish a Happy 60th Birthday to The Pendulous One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 6, 2020 2:42 PM

I loved when Warren tied India up with the Xmas lights and then plugged them in.

by Anonymousreply 16August 6, 2020 2:46 PM

R16 Yes!

Sadly the clip of that on YouTube is terrible quality.

by Anonymousreply 17August 6, 2020 2:46 PM

The recent Locher Room with Paulo Benedeti, Paul Wesley, Joy Lenz (or whatever name she is going by today), Tammy Blanchard etc was very good. Thanks again to Alan for these! Paulo is pretty unrecognizable from the guy he used to be. I wonder if the technology exists for Alan to be able to "direct" the video so that sometimes when a person is speaking it could bring that person full screen.

by Anonymousreply 18August 6, 2020 2:51 PM

Ellen Parker on Locher Room!

by Anonymousreply 19August 6, 2020 5:28 PM

Next week's Locher Room is Maeve K., Ellen P., Tina, S. and Rachel M.

This afternoon is the ATWT writers.

by Anonymousreply 20August 6, 2020 5:37 PM

(R20) yeah. Love Maeve Kinkead!

by Anonymousreply 21August 6, 2020 11:16 PM

Maeve Kinkead husband is .... a dancer!

Maeve actually went on tour with her husband's dance company, even filing in for a dancer who was injured during the tour.

by Anonymousreply 22August 6, 2020 11:18 PM

Maeve's husband is Meryl Steep's brother... I'm sure Maeve tried to get Meryl on GH for years

by Anonymousreply 23August 6, 2020 11:34 PM

No "WHET Susan Piper?"

by Anonymousreply 24August 6, 2020 11:37 PM

R24 After shaking the quicksand out of her heels, she hid inside a mansion basement in Springfield for nearly 20 years, changed her name to Caroline Carruthers, and ridiculed a bunch of millenial girls obsessed with their phones before trying once again to kill a bunch of people from the same families for some made up bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2020 11:43 PM

Yes, Caroline was capable of rearranging continuity, making all of those men who never knew each other when they were young suddenly become old friends from 30-40 years prior.

by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2020 11:46 PM

Around the same time that Buzz was fighting in Vietnam.

by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2020 11:47 PM

Wow! I never would have recognized that as Paulo Benedetti in his Locher Room episode.

What happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2020 3:47 AM

Alan Locher will reunite ANOTHER WORLD’s Alice Barrett Mitchell (ex-Frankie), Kale Brown (ex-Michael), Alicia Coppola (ex-Lorna), Anna Stuart (ex-Donna) and Christine Tucci (ex-Amanda) on his show, The Locher Room. The live interview will take place on Thursday August 13 at 2 p.m.

by Anonymousreply 29August 8, 2020 12:42 PM

^^^

SOD announced this & I would never have recognized Tucci even with a gun to my head. WTF happened to her?

by Anonymousreply 30August 8, 2020 12:59 PM

[quote] WTF happened to her?

Thirty years, more or less.

She does look rougher than the others.

by Anonymousreply 31August 8, 2020 4:30 PM

Anna Stuart also took part in a "Doctors" reunion (as did Elizabeth Hubbard). It was only half an hour (not including commercials), so the topics of conversation were very limited. It would have been nice to have had them discussing memories of the cast who have passed away including Lydia Bruce (who later briefly subbed for Beverlee as Alexandra), Gerald Gordon, Meg Mundy, James Pritchett and David O'Brien. who went onto be the psychotic Dr. Alan Glaser. Fans who remembered him from "The Doctors" apparently were appalled that the flirtatious but decent Steve Aldrich became a psycho psychiatrist!

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2020 12:19 PM

R32 I am a subscriber to Watch the Doctors. They keep saying they will be releasing more interviews on the app, at a later date.

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2020 5:22 PM

R33 I was really hoping someone would interview Carolee Campbell. I know she is up there in age, but I've seen pictures with her and husband Hector Elizondo, and she still looks good. Every photo of her seems to have her looking up at her hubby in awe. She's the last of the early "Doctors" stars still with us. I was hoping to see her and Jada Rowland together. They both left the business pretty much for the same reason (other artistic endeavors outside of acting), and even got to meet when David O'Brien arranged for them to all have lunch together. The interview with David said he felt like he was sitting between two women who were nearly the same personality wise. They got along perfectly. Jada seems to have emulated her "Secret Storm" character of Amy Ames with the aging hippy/sub-culture look, and seems to have stayed true to who she is outside of the business. I can't believe that she once played Susan on "As the World Turns" (before Marie Masters), a role also briefly played by Judith Barcroft. They are all so different!

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2020 6:49 PM

Mary Kay Adams was such a bull dyke. She was a lez.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2020 9:21 PM

She's a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2020 9:23 PM

I had heard that Vivi von Cuntington ate her for a midnight snack

by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2020 9:44 PM

I watched a bit of Locher's Another World episode today. Doug Watson had gone on vacation to Canyon Ranch to lose weight for the long-term storyline he was going to anchor starting with Cory Publishing's 25th Anniversary. He died in the middle of an exercise class. Apparently, he was a chain smoker and he didn't undergo a physical before he went to the ranch, as was typically required. Alice Barrett said the show had to rewrite 18 months of story.

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2020 8:16 PM

I read on one of the cancelled soap boards that Audrey Peters. Sarah (Reva's mother) passed away. However, Her IMDb and Wikipedia Pages have not been updated. Apparently someone read a post by her son. Squishy of course been 20 years as Vanessa on "Love of Life", that show's leading lady, and also had short-term appearances on various other soaps.

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2020 11:00 PM

SHE of course, not squishy. Voice recognition really sucks especially when you don't proofread.

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2020 11:01 PM

R39 I heard that too, she may have passed away last year, but I think Wikipedia usually wants an obit or the like to confirm.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2020 4:41 AM

In one of the Locher Room sessions that included Kim Zimmer, I believe they mentioned that Audrey Peters had died.

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2020 4:51 AM

Audrey Peters was about 94. Death happens. But I’m still alive.

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2020 4:15 PM

She did, but no one can find an obit

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2020 5:17 PM

[quote] She did, but no one can find an obit

imdb won't list a person dead, unless they have an obit

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2020 5:20 PM

R45 exactly. Because obits come from the funeral home which follows strict regulations.

Otherwise someone's death could be erroneously reported (or done for fraud).

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2020 5:23 PM

A few other soap actors deaths were not added to their IMDb or Wikipedia pages until someone found proof. Both Pamela Lincoln ("Love of Life", "The Doctors", "One Life to Live") and Meg Myles ("The Doctors", "Edge", "AMC", "Search For Tomorrow") passed away in November of 2019 and their deaths were not updated until this past spring.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2020 5:27 PM

Harding Lemay still never got an official obit. Only a death notice.

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2020 5:48 PM

Other thread got Muriel'd. Can we switch to this one?

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2020 1:54 AM

Welcome, peasants. I'd offer you all a drink but Alexandra locked the cabinets.

Do have a seat! Not THAT one....that's mine.

by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2020 4:29 AM

I hope that poster who said he knew which actor the three Another World actors from last week's Locher Room episode were referring to as "difficult" will tell us who they were talking about.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2020 5:06 AM

Queen Locher, dick sucker till the end has a scandal of his own!

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2020 6:27 AM

I kinda think that was BS, otherwise he would have said who it was.

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2020 1:23 PM

[quote] I hope that poster who said he knew which actor the three Another World actors from last week's Locher Room episode were referring to as "difficult" will tell us who they were talking about.

I told you not until this thread (WHET India von Halkein?) reaches R300

So get busy! I want to see these replies FILLED!

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2020 1:26 PM

[quote] I hope that poster who said he knew which actor the three Another World actors from last week's Locher Room episode were referring to as "difficult" will tell us who they were talking about.

I told you not until this thread (WHET India von Halkein?) reaches R300

So get busy! I want to see these replies FILLED!

by Anonymousreply 55August 17, 2020 1:26 PM

No, you said the OTHER thread needed to reach R300.

I can find out quicker with a few messages/phone calls so I don't care. But do keep your story straight.

by Anonymousreply 56August 17, 2020 1:27 PM

[quote] I can find out quicker with a few messages/phone calls so I don't care. But do keep your story straight.

Then go for it, and report back here

No skin off my back

by Anonymousreply 57August 17, 2020 1:28 PM

r57 r55 Stop being an asshole. Magnificent Midwestern Marvel threads are not the place. We check our assholessence at the door.

by Anonymousreply 58August 17, 2020 1:32 PM

R58 the more you reply, the closer we get to R300

by Anonymousreply 59August 17, 2020 1:35 PM

R58 Yes we do! Or else Ada will kick us in the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 60August 17, 2020 1:56 PM

Is that asshole Serial Monticello or Vee, the moron from SON here?????

by Anonymousreply 61August 17, 2020 3:32 PM

No, R61. We STILL have no interest in your Twitter or SON feuds. No one is here, no one cares about your petty grievances.

by Anonymousreply 62August 17, 2020 3:39 PM

Vee is a monster.

by Anonymousreply 63August 17, 2020 3:44 PM

We don't care about any posters, Tweeters or any person on any other soap board, ever. Take. That. Shit. Somewhere. Else.

by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2020 4:05 PM

It's days like this that make me wonder, what would our beloved Connie think of Cardi B's WAP?

by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2020 4:28 PM

She'd say "Whatever the fuck THAT means," and roll her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 66August 17, 2020 4:36 PM

R66

No that would be Ada.

Connie would say, "I love a Wet Ass Pussy myself!"

by Anonymousreply 67August 17, 2020 9:14 PM

SON has rude Vee, Khan, Dramatist Dreamer, and now that dumb Adam Newman stan Dylan! UGH

by Anonymousreply 68August 17, 2020 10:40 PM

That little Smith tramp may have sung about Whip My Hair - but darling, I invented it 35 years ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 17, 2020 10:54 PM

On the Mimi Torchin Locker Room comments - which one of you bitches wrote this?

"I literally stopped watching soaps for five years as a direct result of your spoiling the "Will Rappaport Escapes Train to Statesville Prison" story on OLTL, Easter weekend, 2000. Since I didn't HAVE to watch OLTL thanks to that headline on the cover of SOW, I didn't, and I watched the denouement of the Elian Gonzalez story on CNN. I never felt the need to watch the extremely plot-heavy program again, and didn't feel compelled to watch any soap until Lynn Marie Latham took over at Y&R."

by Anonymousreply 70August 17, 2020 11:07 PM

Not I.

by Anonymousreply 71August 17, 2020 11:18 PM

That was Serial Monticello, the nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 72August 17, 2020 11:47 PM

Or maybe it was DonnaB, the escaped mental patient, or VanessaReardon, the most entertaining poster SON has ever had

by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2020 12:21 AM

r73, I never agreed with DonnaB as whether Jake's raping Marley made any sense at all, but I never knew she had escaped from a mental institution. In any case, she loved spoilers, and did not give a single fuck about storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2020 12:26 AM

It was Spicen.

by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2020 12:28 AM

WE

STILL

DON'T

CARE

ABOUT

POSTERS

FROM

OTHER

BOARDS

by Anonymousreply 76August 18, 2020 12:33 AM

it was JONNYSBRO

by Anonymousreply 77August 18, 2020 12:34 AM

Were any of you actually watching OLTL at that time? What is said in r70 was true. We knew Will escaped the train, and that that would be the entire week's worth of story. We did not know what was going to happen to Elian. The "What happens next?" urge kicked in.

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2020 12:34 AM

R48, I laminated that death notice and keep it in my signed copy of Eight Years in Another World.

MARY (Matthews)!!!)

by Anonymousreply 79August 18, 2020 12:44 AM

R78 I was it was a great story, thankfully I didn't see the spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 80August 18, 2020 12:44 AM

It was Eboneece

by Anonymousreply 81August 18, 2020 1:26 AM

R79 That gets a MARY! from me too.

by Anonymousreply 82August 18, 2020 2:41 AM

That Brittany Snow/ Tammy Blanchard/ Paul Wesley/ Joy Lenz Locher Room was star packed. Wow. GL had big future young stars on at the same time. Paulo is still doable but nowhere near the hotness he had back then. He seems fun to hang with. Great chat. They all gave GL a lot of props and respect.

by Anonymousreply 83August 18, 2020 12:17 PM

Hold the Toast!

by Anonymousreply 84August 18, 2020 12:34 PM

Soap Digest ruined the Salem Slasher storyline for me in 2004.Days had been killing off characters right and left, including vets like Caroline Brady, Maggie Horton, Abe Carver, Roman Brady and Jack Deveraux. I'd very deliberately been avoiding all the spoilers and DL threads speculating on who the killer was. I was enjoying the storyline and wanted to be surprised.

Show had announced the killer would be revealed on a Wednesday show at the end of January 2004. Well, on Thursday, before the Wednesday reveal 6 days later, I'm standing in line in the grocery store. On the magazine rack I notice the latest issue of Soap Digest. There on the cover was a photo of Marlena holding a hockey mask that the killer had been wearing with the headline "Days Killer Revealed."

All that work avoiding spoilers for nothing! Thanks Soap Digest. You ruined it for me!

by Anonymousreply 85August 18, 2020 5:48 PM

I remember that R85!

by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2020 6:54 PM

R84, NBC and DAYS traded a cover for spoiling the only story fans cared about at that time

The cover was dated Tuesday, Feb. 3 2004; that means it was on sale the Monday Jan. 26 or Tuesday Jan 27 before.

Marlena was revealed as the Salem Serial Killer at the end of the episode on Weds. January 28.

The Monday Jan 26 or Tuesday Jan. 27 dates are conservative. I live in a major city (and have been in other major cities at various times throughout the year; holidays, vacations) and I have been able to find SOD (along with other weekly magazines) the Wednesday BEFORE.

I remember seeing that Digest cover on or around Weds. Jan. 21 or Thurs. Jan. 22 -- nearly a full week before the on-screen reveal.

Better to have run a story the following week: Marlena the kIller? Here's WHY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2020 8:09 PM

For a story they backed out of, anyway

by Anonymousreply 88August 18, 2020 8:31 PM

Did Mimi work at SOD, too?

by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2020 9:24 PM

R89 don't think so; she may have written for it for a while pre-SPW

they had to abbreviate SPW for Soap Opera Weekly

because SOW would be sow

by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2020 11:57 PM

r87 Thanks. I live in LA and the new issues of Soap Digest and Soap Weekly came out on Thursdays.

So, that Days cover spoiled the story a full week before the on-screen reveal. Even if I'd waited for my subscription copy of SOD to arrive before I saw the cover, it usually arrived on Tuesdays. Thus the on-screen reveal would still have been spoiled.

The genre was built on the premise of "tune in tomorrow to see what happens" And they wonder why soap ratings started going down !

by Anonymousreply 91August 19, 2020 12:15 AM

Yeah, in all the cities I lived in, the new issues would either hit the stands Thursday evening or Friday morning, though technically most stores didn't have them out until Monday. But I ***always*** knew the places where I could get it early!

by Anonymousreply 92August 19, 2020 12:22 AM

There MAJOR controversy in the early 80s when Soap Opera Digest published the WRONG synopsis. At the height of Prime Time Soaps when the tabloids were going through crew members garbage, just to find out any advance plotlines.

Thus the Prime Time Soaps where forced to shoot multiple scenes to throw off "spoilers" and then decide the show in the editing room

So Soap Opera Digest published synopsis from both Dallas and Dynasty (given by the shows themselves) that were 100% WRONG

Caught with egg on their face, they published a blurb explaining what happened and vowed it would never happen again. This the Prime Time synopsis was always 8 weeks behind, because an editor would have to watch the entire broadcast show, and script the synopsis from that.

The Prime Time Soaps didn't care - SOD needed them more, than the shows needed SOD

by Anonymousreply 93August 19, 2020 12:29 AM

r93 What you describe about editors having to watch the shows and then write up the synopsis is how the magazines worked for ALL shows in the 1980s, both daytime and nighttime. Shows did not release the spoilers.

So, the synopsis you read in the magazines in the 80s was about two weeks behind what was currently happening on screen.

In those days, the way to read the most current synopsis was in the newspaper. Many newspapers ran columns with a synopsis of that week's happening on each soap. The columns usually ran in the papers on Saturdays or Sundays. But those synopsis were very brief -- like 150 words per soap. And they were still a few days behind because the syndication deadlines required the writers to submit the column on Wednesdays before weekend publication.

If you wanted the more detailed synopsis, you waited until Soap Digest came out. In those days, Soap Digest ran 3 or 4 page long summaries that often included actual dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 94August 19, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote] Shows did not release the spoilers.

Well the Prime Time Shows did, which is why the synopsis SOD digest published were 100% WRONG in one particular issue

I don't know what those shows were thinking.

by Anonymousreply 95August 19, 2020 12:56 AM

As I recall, Soap Digest ran synopsis of nighttime soaps for a little while in the early 80s. But then they then dropped them.

Eventually, the started running the nightime synopsis again, but those were always a few weeks behind.

.Perhaps SOD initially dropped the nighttime summaries because the shows stopped releasing synopsis as r95 suggests. Then brought them eventually back when readers demanded it.

by Anonymousreply 96August 19, 2020 1:48 AM

[quote] As I recall, Soap Digest ran synopsis of nighttime soaps for a little while in the early 80s. But then they then dropped them.

They dropped it because back then the shows were self-contained, plotlines didn't stretch out over a whole season.

Then they picked it up with just Dallas and Dynasty being covered. Then later one they added Knots Landing & Falcon Crest. Finally they made a rule to cover all Prime Time Soaps.

But they never covered Flamingo Road, Twin Peaks or Dark Shadows - even thought the last two they decided to submit for the Soap Opera Digest Awards - however I think that was just to fill up the categories.

by Anonymousreply 97August 19, 2020 1:58 AM

Digest also used to have single page synopses (synopsi?) - it was late 90s or so when they got way more specific.

by Anonymousreply 98August 19, 2020 2:20 AM

[quote] Digest also used to have single page synopses

They always had two page synopsis

by Anonymousreply 99August 19, 2020 2:23 AM

[quote]they had to abbreviate SPW for Soap Opera Weekly

[quote]because SOW would be sow

Did SPW stand for Soa Popera Weekly or Soapo Pera Weekly?

by Anonymousreply 100August 19, 2020 3:32 AM

Probably SoaP opera Weekly.

by Anonymousreply 101August 19, 2020 3:34 AM

jean passantante is amezeaballs champagne caviar dreams! smarttv!

by Anonymousreply 102August 19, 2020 4:00 AM

R84 Ha, Hold the Toast, where my RATSC bitches at?

by Anonymousreply 103August 19, 2020 4:52 AM

R100 this joke wasn’t funny the first time you made it, either.

by Anonymousreply 104August 19, 2020 4:58 AM

That pervert dumbass Soapsuds from SON is whacking off to Grant’s long dong.

by Anonymousreply 105August 19, 2020 8:39 PM

Maybe if Opera Man made the joke?

by Anonymousreply 106August 19, 2020 11:57 PM

how could a thread on La MK Adams not include this youtube clip?

brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 19, 2020 11:58 PM

or this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 19, 2020 11:58 PM

R108 that's a wonderful scene

The Reva vs India one is good, too, though it seems to be there just to prop up Reva.

by Anonymousreply 109August 20, 2020 1:33 AM

Stop it CrazyMonticello.

by Anonymousreply 110August 20, 2020 1:57 AM

Mary Kay had the lez thing going on. Snatch eater.

by Anonymousreply 111August 20, 2020 1:59 AM

I still brush jars of my piss on my face skin.

by Anonymousreply 112August 20, 2020 2:37 AM

LOW

BORN

GUTTER

TRAMP!

by Anonymousreply 113August 20, 2020 4:38 AM

I know this is not a P&G show, but wanted people to know that the company streaming "The Doctors" has successfully gotten all "Doctors" episodes pulled OFF YouTube

by Anonymousreply 114August 20, 2020 7:01 PM

Are all episodes available somewhere else, r114?

by Anonymousreply 115August 20, 2020 7:03 PM

No you have subscribe to the streaming service hosting "The Doctors" episodes.

by Anonymousreply 116August 20, 2020 7:04 PM

And even "all episodes" aren't available at the streaming service mentioned at R116.

The library there starts with 1967 -- just like the on-air, Retro-TV broadcast did -- but so far, the service has only loaded through 1975, whereas Retro has broadcast through 1979.

And like current soaps, The Doctors has also been affected by COVID. Back in April, Retro announced that, because of COVID, they weren't able to access the warehouse where the tapes are stored in order to continue digitizing the source material. So they had to stop where they were at (1979), and since then, they've been broadcasting repeats of the soap starting at 1968.

by Anonymousreply 117August 20, 2020 8:01 PM

We never mind posts about the Doctors here, it was a great soap and we deem it an honorary P&G show.

by Anonymousreply 118August 20, 2020 8:14 PM

R97 SOD and SOW most definitely covered Twin Peaks and the DS 1991 revival. Before you post, do some research.

by Anonymousreply 119August 20, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote] SOD and SOW most definitely covered Twin Peaks and the DS 1991 revival. Before you post, do some research

Oops you are right, my mistake

by Anonymousreply 120August 20, 2020 8:24 PM

[quote] SOD and SOW most definitely covered Twin Peaks and the DS 1991 revival. Before you post, do some research

Oops you are right, my mistake

by Anonymousreply 121August 20, 2020 8:24 PM

*slap!*

by Anonymousreply 122August 20, 2020 8:32 PM

The Doctors was owned by Colgate Palmolive. This is the P&G soap thread. Thank you. And don’t be so damn cheap - subscribe to Watch The Doctors. Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 123August 20, 2020 8:53 PM

[quote] And don’t be so damn cheap - subscribe to Watch The Doctors. Sheesh!

Which is why all those episode got PULLED OFF YouTube

by Anonymousreply 124August 20, 2020 8:56 PM

Can someone please provide the link for Watch The Doctors.

by Anonymousreply 125August 20, 2020 9:04 PM

Link below R125

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 20, 2020 10:11 PM

Just watched the Locher Room with Hilllary B Smith, Scott Bryce, and Gregg Marx. Gregg is still cute. I had such a crush on him back in the day. Would still do! He was the best Tom..I don't know how they cast Scott Holmes to replace him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 20, 2020 10:27 PM

The Doctors gave daytime Elizabeth Hubbard so it should always be honored!

by Anonymousreply 128August 21, 2020 12:34 AM

R128 Darling!

by Anonymousreply 129August 21, 2020 3:26 AM

Now a TON of Guiding Light episodes have been yanked off YouTube - there were a few official YouTube accounts that used the handle with the words "Guiding Light" (in some combinations) that had hundreds of episodes of Guiding Light, categorized by year

Now those accounts have been terminated.

by Anonymousreply 130August 21, 2020 7:14 PM

Oh, no.

by Anonymousreply 131August 21, 2020 7:20 PM

I think in some cases these videos are removed because of some demented soap opera "fans" who get into over something and report a channel for copyright violation as a form of 'revenge.' I know that was the case with much of the Y&R material that was removed several years ago. .. This also happened to the nice woman from Canada who was loading the day-ahead episode. Too many people were grabbing her copy and putting it elsewhere. She begged people not to do this. It finally became too much of a hassle for her trying to hide it at YT, so she took it private elsewhere, and you had to know someone who knew someone to know where it was, etc.

by Anonymousreply 132August 21, 2020 7:31 PM

So as a general rule, and I’ve violated it myself at times but I try to follow it, don’t post soap videos in big public forums like this. You never know who is reading. It’s generally better to keep them quiet and hope the networks/P&G won’t notice. They won’t release this material and make money off of it, but they won’t let us enjoy it for free either.

by Anonymousreply 133August 21, 2020 7:39 PM

R127 I can’t believe Scott Holmes lasted 23 years in the role. Sure, he was a handsome guy, but really he was never that great. I wonder what Marland thought of him. Personally I am not a fan of the Margo rape storyline. I know others were. I thought it was way too dark for daytime.

by Anonymousreply 134August 21, 2020 7:42 PM

gasp!

by Anonymousreply 135August 21, 2020 8:45 PM

Fucking assholes. We can’t have Guiding Light but they won’t do anything to make money off it.

by Anonymousreply 136August 21, 2020 11:28 PM

Serial Monticello is responsible for this. He’s still bitter that Spicen rejected him.

by Anonymousreply 137August 21, 2020 11:37 PM

r109, I thought it was 50/50 Reva/India; Mary Kay was so brilliant at the end to let out a subtle angry sigh...as if to say 'dammit, Reva has a point.'

by Anonymousreply 138August 22, 2020 1:57 AM

I loved India/ Beth. India was exasperated by St. Beth yet Judi’s Beth had a delivery that really allowed both to get in digs without either winning. Beth basically let her digs roll off her back cuz, we’ll, Beth was getting the men nonstop.

by Anonymousreply 139August 22, 2020 3:42 AM

Mary Kay Lesbo had a bull dyke quality about her. India really wanted Beth.

by Anonymousreply 140August 22, 2020 7:27 AM

Did India have any friends in Springfied? Seems like everyone in town hated her.

by Anonymousreply 141August 22, 2020 2:21 PM

India Von Halkein! What a name!

Most soap names are so bland and boring. Ed Bauer. Lisa Miller. Rachel Davis.

But India was one of the all time great soap names.So unique. So distinctive! Right up there with Raven Alexander, Iris Carrington or Stefano DiMera.

Such distinctive names add so much character. Tells you a lot about the person.

What are some other great, unique soap names?

by Anonymousreply 142August 22, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote] What are some other great, unique soap names?

Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 143August 22, 2020 3:19 PM

[quote] Ahem.

—Solita Carrera

Ahem, yourself

- Cecile de Pulignac

by Anonymousreply 144August 22, 2020 3:24 PM

Darling, if you're going to invoke that social climber's name, the LEAST you could do is spell it correctly.

Cecile de Poulignac....the temptress of Tanquir...... *eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 145August 22, 2020 3:36 PM

Vee hated Eboneece at SON and had her banned along with Jonnysbro, Jerry, and VanessaReardon. Errol and Toups are too scared of Vee to ban his bitchass.

by Anonymousreply 146August 22, 2020 3:42 PM

Elsie Mae Crumholtz aka Tiffany Hiill Donely

The revelation of her name remains one of the most LOL moments in soap history.

by Anonymousreply 147August 22, 2020 3:48 PM

Vee is a god damn mess! He THINKS he knows everything but the reality is that queen knows shit!

by Anonymousreply 148August 22, 2020 4:17 PM

Cass Winthrop is a name that fit him well....debonair

by Anonymousreply 149August 22, 2020 6:45 PM

R141 Maeve Stoddard was her pal.

by Anonymousreply 150August 22, 2020 7:19 PM

Pretty much all the names Henry Slesar came up with winners.

Sky Whitney

Jinx Avery

Miles Cavanaugh

Draper Scott

Damian Tyler

They all sounded cool and unique.

His successor on the show came up with sisters Liz (Marcia Cross) and Beth (Sandy Faison) -- that's the same name! Elizabeth!

by Anonymousreply 151August 22, 2020 7:22 PM

Bill Bell came up with great names; we learned Cassie's adoptive mother was named Alice on Y&R; the character sounded sweet with a name like Alice... Alice Nelson, the Brady maid. Alice Matthews; Alice in Wonderland.

Instead, character actress Tamara Clatterbuck shows up: "Ma! I'm coming home and Cassie better be there."

Game on.

by Anonymousreply 152August 22, 2020 7:30 PM

India was a bitch. Jealous and hateful. Though funny. She was never sexy and I agree, she wanted Beth.

by Anonymousreply 153August 22, 2020 7:38 PM

She loved Phillip.

These two actors were barely 24 give or take when they did this.

Really impressive work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 22, 2020 8:17 PM

Clatterbuck played Alice "Johnson". I know, same difference..lol!

by Anonymousreply 155August 22, 2020 8:51 PM

Did India actually call Beth, St. Beth?

by Anonymousreply 156August 22, 2020 9:21 PM

"What are some other great, unique soap names?"

My favorite of all time is Ambrose Bingham. And he has my favorite Lucinda nickname, too: Old Darling. Not just Darling, like everyone else. Old Darling.

by Anonymousreply 157August 22, 2020 9:28 PM

R154, I loved being able to watch those extremely memorable scenes again. Those were Grant Aleksander’s last scenes, I think, before he left the first time. Mary Kay Adams’ acting in the phone call with the Baron was pretty special. She reminded me of Faye Dunaway and Kate Nelligan simultaneously.

by Anonymousreply 158August 22, 2020 9:54 PM

R146 None of us know, nor GIVE EVEN THE TINIEST OF FUCKS, about who those people are.

by Anonymousreply 159August 22, 2020 10:46 PM

R158, they were; yes, very Dunaway-esque. She never got the breaks in Hollywood she deserved.

India was her best role and Rauch was an idiot not to use her more when she came back circa 1998.

Each and everytime she popped back in for return visits, the last being in 2005, she delivered.

These were Phillip's last scenes; he never made it to the school for the blind that night; probably learning Alex get rid of Alan caused him to go away for a few weeks till he could return in the form of John Bolger. Sweet John. Solid actor. But just not Phillip.

Grant popped back up 2 years later, on Christmas Eve, bringing Dinah back from the bus stop; no 'the part of Phillip Spaulding..." they just wrote him back in, supporting another story.

Then, the story began where Phillip took Spaulding from Alan; Alan-Michael came into the picture.

I know everyone talks about the Rick Phillip buddy relationship yadda yadda yadda...but I enjoyed watching Phillip try to guide AM from making the same mistakes about Alan that Phillip did. The last scenes with Grant and Carl were very sweet; he was marrying Blake and Phillip helped his brother with the cufflinks.

Just a sweet relationship.

by Anonymousreply 160August 22, 2020 10:58 PM

Faye Dunaway and Mary Kay Lez. 2 horrific actresses. Go away Serial Monticello mutjob. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 161August 22, 2020 11:07 PM

Eboneece is the Schoche Marin Troll- Just an FYI - I found her account when she fucked up and did one of her lunatic Schoche Marin posts with her Eboneece GIPHY account..

I dug that SON site until 2008 or so. That nasty Vee motherfucker finally pissed me off (what a nasty, vile psycho) angered me that I finally told him to fuck off and got banned.

by Anonymousreply 162August 22, 2020 11:49 PM

R147- SO TRUE!!!! I was a OLTL and Y&R fan and lesser GH fan- but that was HILARIOUS!!!! I remember watching with my mom and her dying laughing. And I always dug Sean and Tiffany. They always reminded me of that "cool couple" that were always friends with my parents. LOVED them. Somehow I recall that episode was around Thanksgiving in 1989?? Maybe 1988??

by Anonymousreply 163August 22, 2020 11:54 PM

[quote]Eboneece is the Schoche Marin Troll

Isn't it all Spicen?

by Anonymousreply 164August 23, 2020 12:38 AM

No. It's Eboneece. I caught her/him.

by Anonymousreply 165August 23, 2020 12:40 AM

Best soap names: Felicia Gallant aka Fanny Grady.

by Anonymousreply 166August 23, 2020 12:52 AM

Dark Shadows had even EON beat for exotic names. Angelique/Cassandra/Alexis

Sabrina, Daphne, Roxanne

Quetiin, Barnabas, Burke

by Anonymousreply 167August 23, 2020 12:55 AM

Some Edge of Night names that were unique and distinctive

Brandy Henderson

Geraldine Whitney

Tiffany Whitney

Winter Austen

Johnny Dallas

Gunther Wagner

Spencer Varney

Didi Bannister

Mitzi Martin

by Anonymousreply 168August 23, 2020 1:43 AM

R167 And before there was EON's "Sky Whitney" mentioned above, DS gave us "Sky Rumson".

by Anonymousreply 169August 23, 2020 3:28 AM

EDGE and Dark Shadows had the best names.

Raven (nee Charlotte) Alexander Whitney

Poppy Montgomery

Victoria Winters, Barnabas Collins; Dr. Julia Hoffman

Pam Long had some great names too on GL:

India. Von Halkein. Alexandra Spaulding Von Halkein. Reva Shayne Lewis. Harley Davidson Cooper. Sonni and Solita. Rusty Shayne.

Doug Marland had some great ones, too. Vanessa and Henry Chamberlain. Iva Snyder.

He must have known someone named Howard Lansing; he used that as a nice lawyer on GH; and an evil baby stealer on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 170August 23, 2020 4:32 AM

R163 I remember that as a child, too. They were also one of my favorite couples of all time.

by Anonymousreply 171August 23, 2020 4:48 AM

Sean and Elise's wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 23, 2020 4:51 AM

interesting time for GH; Pat Falken Smith was back head writing.

Solid cast: Steve, Audrey, Jessie, Dan, Ruby, Bobbie, Lucy, Tony, Amy, Sean, Tiffany (nee Elsie), Anna, Robert....

Apparently, Rick and Ginny and Rick Webber Jr. were gone; Tony and Lucy were living in the old Webber house.

I had given up GH at this time. They lost me after killing off Lesley. I hung in there for a little bit of time; Judith Chapman as Ginny was compelling. I hadn't felt so 'guilty' about liking someone since Shelley Hack took Kate Jackson's place on Charlie's Angels.

1988 was a great year for GL; India was gone, but Pam Long was writing and it was a great era.

by Anonymousreply 173August 23, 2020 5:02 AM

r162 who were you there?

by Anonymousreply 174August 23, 2020 5:03 AM

Someone start a new thread and leave these idiots who have made this one about their personal insanities and feuds this one.

by Anonymousreply 175August 23, 2020 11:27 AM

R175

There is nothing wrong with this thread. If you don't like it start your own thread.

by Anonymousreply 176August 23, 2020 12:33 PM

R170 Maybe Howard was a man he loved!

by Anonymousreply 177August 23, 2020 1:32 PM

R174 We don't care about any of that here. Please don't feed the trolls. If you want to talk about other boards go to those boards.

by Anonymousreply 178August 23, 2020 1:33 PM

I love talking smack about psycho Vee and pervert Soapsuds from the SON boards. That place is a mess!

by Anonymousreply 179August 23, 2020 2:25 PM

Vee sux so much!

by Anonymousreply 180August 23, 2020 2:58 PM

Is it Thanksgiving yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 23, 2020 3:46 PM

R179

If you like talking about them so much then take it to SON.

by Anonymousreply 182August 23, 2020 5:04 PM

R180 Vee’s claim that he ‘works in the industry’ is code for I scrub the toilets at CBS. lol Vee is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 183August 23, 2020 5:23 PM

Vee works at the commissary at CBS Television City.

by Anonymousreply 184August 23, 2020 5:31 PM

And while R179 is over there, she can entertain those small minded morons with her tales about actresses clogging the toilets at CBS.

This person has to be both developmentally disabled and mentally ill. Anyone thinking any of that shit is/was funny is brain dead.

by Anonymousreply 185August 23, 2020 6:11 PM

Rather than cluttering the soap threads themselves, I'd suggest making a thread specific to the subject of:

"Soap Opera Message Boards: The Good, the Bad, and the Psycho."

There, you could talk to your little heart's content about SON, FrauCentral, Frautime Royalty, DC, various Twitter accounts, etc. Then, there are the blogs, vlogs, and interviewers who cover the biz.

You can talk about all the soap queens who cover soaps and/or are associated with it somehow. The ones you like, don't like, and absolutely loathe, etc.

by Anonymousreply 186August 23, 2020 7:02 PM

R186 I like that idea in principle, but the problem is that thread would then become a point where folks from other boards would FLOCK to that thread and to our board, and then war with each other....

.....and that is precisely, EXACTLY what got soap threads banned here back in the day.

So perhaps the soap board queens could start a Zetaboard or some other little community elsewhere for that.

by Anonymousreply 187August 23, 2020 7:12 PM

Serial Psycho Monticello idiot is in the house.

by Anonymousreply 188August 23, 2020 7:38 PM

FEE-LIEEEPP!

by Anonymousreply 189August 23, 2020 9:24 PM

What r187 says in correct.

Back in 2004-2005 when DL had a separate Soap Section, word spread about it and people flocked over. Many straight women and teens who said some nasty homophobic things. The warring between various factions got so out of hand. It really was CRAY CRAY! They could fill up an entire 600 reply thread in less than a day. And they did this on multiple threads about all the different shows.

It wasn't the thoughtful, respectful conversations we have on the soap threads today. It was NASTY and vicious. It became so unpleasant that many of us stopped posting on the soap threads entirely. We lost a lot of soap insiders because of that. Gossip Grrrl, we still miss you! Gregorzick, your knowledge and wisdom are needed here on the P&G threads!

It was so bad and so homophobic, the webmaster (not sure if Muriel was here at that point) had no choice but to shut down the entire section. That's the reason soap threads were banned on DL for so long. That's why we had to have obscure titles and operate undercover for the next 7-8 years.

We don't need a repeat of that! That's why we have to police ourselves and ask everyone to behave nicely and respectfully.

by Anonymousreply 190August 23, 2020 10:49 PM

Aunt Lez, go eat Connie Ford’s snatch.

by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2020 11:36 PM

I've been on here for about three years now; Aunt Liz, you are very knowledgeable and appreciated, as are so many of you anonymous posters. I love reading every detail about all the old, great, defunct shows. Thanks everyone!

by Anonymousreply 192August 24, 2020 12:55 AM

Bless you, Liz. It is no coincidence that the post at R181 was shared and your wisdom followed soon after.

by Anonymousreply 193August 24, 2020 4:05 AM

R190 AuntLiz, we would be so lost without your institutional knowledge!

by Anonymousreply 194August 24, 2020 4:11 AM

Should this thread be closed good people, I leave you with the following.

"We only part to meet again.

"Change as ye list, ye winds

"My heart shall be

"The faithful compass that still points to thee..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 24, 2020 4:26 AM

Did Mary Kay Dyke eat out Mo Garrett’s snatch?

by Anonymousreply 196August 24, 2020 10:50 AM

^ Yes, with some fava beans and a nice Chianti, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 197August 24, 2020 1:21 PM

Please FF/block this sick bitch who is always and forever posting about various snatches and bathroom functions. Beyond help. Let us not feed the beast.

by Anonymousreply 198August 24, 2020 2:08 PM

Hey Serial Psycho Monticello Edge- is that WHACKO Kunterlin Brown speaking at Trumps’s convention this time? She’s a certifiable NUT, just like you!!!! Poor emmyless rotten avacado farmer Kunterlin. No one likes her.

by Anonymousreply 199August 24, 2020 2:36 PM

I know the 1996 ERification of AW was not Marland's, nor everyone's cup of tea. But, as a recently out of college, first career job 20-something, who had been watching with grandma since the 70',s I enjoyed spending 5 hours with it on my VCR every weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 24, 2020 3:07 PM

R200 That was Jill Farren Phelps theme and I loved it too and the closing theme. Brilliant music!

by Anonymousreply 201August 24, 2020 3:42 PM

OK only 99 more responses before I tell you all who the actor was that several female actresses did not like (other than Robert Kelker-Kelly)

So GET BUSY!

by Anonymousreply 202August 24, 2020 3:47 PM

It reeked of desperation and didn’t fit the show, plus it was too difficult to update. But the jazzy version on the closing credits was beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203August 24, 2020 3:48 PM

I didn't like the storylines under JFP but I sure did like that opening. Though yes, it proved too difficult to update given the continuous cast purges.

by Anonymousreply 204August 24, 2020 3:51 PM

JFP gave AW the benefit of beating GL in the ratings and demos.

by Anonymousreply 205August 24, 2020 4:25 PM

It's what killed AW in the end. The number of writers and producers it had in the last 10-15 years were mindblowing.

by Anonymousreply 206August 24, 2020 4:26 PM

Charlotte Savitz and Goutman were a cancer to AW. JFP gave it new life and Emmys for our beloved Anna Holbrook and Charles Keating.

by Anonymousreply 207August 24, 2020 4:28 PM

JFP is the only producer who managed to push Another World AHEAD of Guiding Light for one week in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 208August 24, 2020 4:32 PM

R208 JFP pushed AW ahead of GL in the demos for many weeks. JFP got the numbers and told NBC “fuck you” when they wanted AW to be like DAYS. Good for JFP! I like a strong woman. She didn’t put up with shit.

by Anonymousreply 209August 24, 2020 4:41 PM

R208, that's ironic because Jill ruined GL by killing Maureen, and by bringing on numerous cast members of Santa Barbara -- Pamela Capwell, Keith Timmons, Bunny, ...Christopher Norris (forgot who she played), Elena, Eden Capwell,

I found GL to be unwatchable. Megan will never be an top five favorite of mine (Bell, Marland, Long, Lemay, plus one more I can't think of -- maybe Hogan or even Reilly when he was good). But she made the show feel a bit more like Guiding Light again.

by Anonymousreply 210August 24, 2020 4:42 PM

Those end credits included current best actor Emmy nominee Billy Porter as Billy Rush. I remember he was on AW, but don’t remember any storyline(s) he was involved in.

by Anonymousreply 211August 24, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote] I remember he was on AW, but don’t remember any storyline(s) he was involved in.

he played himself as he was Involved in Matt's record company

by Anonymousreply 212August 24, 2020 4:43 PM

I have a feeling that Megan McT and Jean P are similar writers.

Neither were truly terrible on their own, but both were sort of generic utility writers who could keep the cogs going; as a result, the stories reflected too much influence either from the networks or the EP. Any flavor or roots in those stories were probably washed out by the time TPTB got done with them.

I think we have to look at pre 1993 or so head writers differently than after, certainly after OJ and the like. It really became a write-by-committee work versus any one creative leader, and it showed. And that applies to most every show.

You had forces that could come and right the ship a bit here and there, as Lorraine B did at AMC, as Millee T did for a bit at GL. But by the late 90s, too often the networks or companies were too timid to try new things or to give the reins to anyone with a vision. By the time they gave someone like Jill Lorie Hurst, who did know history and had stories with heart, the opportunity to truly lead the team, the ship was already sinking and taking on water, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 213August 24, 2020 4:51 PM

I wasn’t part of the focus group, but Maureen Reardon was SO fucking boring! I’m glad she died. Emmys for Parker, who owes JFP many thanks for giving her the best material of her career. The writing afterward was spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 214August 24, 2020 5:48 PM

wig

by Anonymousreply 215August 24, 2020 6:31 PM

Josie Faraday, is that you at R215?

by Anonymousreply 216August 25, 2020 1:53 AM

look around on the ground

you never know when a penny might turn up......

by Anonymousreply 217August 25, 2020 6:38 PM

Are we pay walled?

by Anonymousreply 218August 26, 2020 6:59 AM

R218 No. People moved because they got annoyed with the SON poster discussion.

by Anonymousreply 219August 26, 2020 7:01 AM

R219

Link to new thread?

by Anonymousreply 220August 26, 2020 7:05 AM

Serial Nutcase Monticello drives everyone away. He and Vee are equals in the crazy dept.

by Anonymousreply 221August 26, 2020 9:25 AM

New thread found here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 26, 2020 1:22 PM

I guess we’ll never make it to r300 and find out.... what was it again?

by Anonymousreply 223August 26, 2020 1:25 PM

[quote] I guess we’ll never make it to [R300] and find out.... what was it again?

The actor some actresses on Another World disliked (besides Robert Kelker Kelly)

by Anonymousreply 224August 26, 2020 1:29 PM

OK...here's some trivia that i will answer before post 300. What 2 actors were let go from ATWT in the early 1990s because they could not learn their lines? Hint: one character was replaced the other not.

by Anonymousreply 225August 26, 2020 1:31 PM

It can’t be that god awful toilet plugger Fulton. She wasn’t let go but she could never learn her lines. She held up production many a time because of her unpreparedness.

by Anonymousreply 226August 26, 2020 1:38 PM

R226 why do you call her a toilet plugger?

by Anonymousreply 227August 26, 2020 1:40 PM

R225 Glynnis O'Connor who was replaced by the actress (Ellen Dolan) she had replaced

by Anonymousreply 228August 26, 2020 1:42 PM

Glynnis was replaced because the audience rejected her.

Two more hints: both actors created their roles and one was male and the other female.

by Anonymousreply 229August 26, 2020 3:42 PM

[quote] What 2 actors were let go from ATWT in the early 1990s because they could not learn their lines? Hint: one character was replaced the other not.

Brooke Alexander and Jason Biggs?

by Anonymousreply 230August 26, 2020 3:49 PM

You got one: Brooke Alexander. The other is a more obscure character, though played by a somewhat famous actor.

by Anonymousreply 231August 26, 2020 3:52 PM

James Van Der Beek?

by Anonymousreply 232August 26, 2020 3:54 PM

[quote] You got one: Brooke Alexander.

Brooke Alexander couldn't learn her lines? I always wondered why they got rid of her, as she oozes charisma and was such a fan favorite (winning Soap Opera Digest Reader;s Award for Best Newcomer)

by Anonymousreply 233August 26, 2020 3:55 PM

Not The Beek

I agree. I thought Brooke was great. She has admitted she just couldn't learn lines. And I suspect working with La Hubbard when you don't know your own lines would be pure Hell.

by Anonymousreply 234August 26, 2020 3:57 PM

I hate to say it, but was it Terry Lester? Though he was great on Y&R, they did use Cue Cards back in the day on Y&R - while ATWT did not

by Anonymousreply 235August 26, 2020 3:59 PM

No, Lester left for health reasons. The character is much more obscure than Royce.

I can give it away if this is annoying. I just thought asking trivia would be a fun way of getting to 300.

by Anonymousreply 236August 26, 2020 4:01 PM

Malcolm Gets?

by Anonymousreply 237August 26, 2020 4:02 PM

Malcolm Gets? From Caroline in the City? Was he on ATWT?

by Anonymousreply 238August 26, 2020 4:03 PM

R238 he played Ron Gillette

by Anonymousreply 239August 26, 2020 4:04 PM

That's right! I had completely forgotten that.

No, the character had a relative in town...though the relative was nearly as obscure as he was.

by Anonymousreply 240August 26, 2020 4:09 PM

Bronson Pinchot?

by Anonymousreply 241August 26, 2020 4:20 PM

I don't remember him on ATWT either! I must be losing my memory.

by Anonymousreply 242August 26, 2020 4:22 PM

R242 the poster meant to say Bronson PICKET not Bronson Pinchot

by Anonymousreply 243August 26, 2020 4:25 PM

Oh...nope... Bronson Pinchot is about the right level of fame though that the actor had before joining ATWT. Just several years earlier. Would it help if I said he was a potential love interest for Lucinda?

by Anonymousreply 244August 26, 2020 4:27 PM

Bronson Pinchot was NOT on As The World Turns

by Anonymousreply 245August 26, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote]R93 Their MAJOR controversy in the early 80s when Soap Opera Digest published the WRONG synopsis.

Those [italic]miserable cunts.

by Anonymousreply 246August 26, 2020 4:55 PM

Can anyone explain Kola Boof to me? Didn't she befriend people at SON but it led to a big fallout?

by Anonymousreply 247August 26, 2020 4:58 PM

R244, was it Robert Vaughan aka Rick Hamlin.

by Anonymousreply 248August 26, 2020 5:31 PM

Ding ding!!!

by Anonymousreply 249August 26, 2020 5:32 PM

I would imagine you wouldn't HAVE to know your lines in a scene with Hubbard; she went off script all the time.

Highly entertaining to watch, but I imagine if I were an actor who did my homework and it all went out the window, I'd be pissed.

Even when Sierra came back from the dead, Lucinda had all these questions - totes LOGICAL -- and it looked like Finn was making it up as she went along.

Damn! I just tried looking up that moment on YouTube but it appears to be gone; will never forget Lucinda reading a book; she looks up, sees Sierra, stares for a beat and then GOES BACK TO THE BOOK as she realizes she must be hallucinating - then Sierra says "Mother" and it's all on.

by Anonymousreply 250August 26, 2020 5:39 PM

R249, yay; thanks!

by Anonymousreply 251August 26, 2020 5:39 PM

Do you want another trivia question to help us get to 300? Behind the scenes or storyline? ATWT or GL?

by Anonymousreply 252August 26, 2020 5:42 PM

R252, try me.

by Anonymousreply 253August 26, 2020 5:45 PM

I wish the Sierra/Lucinda scene was on YT

by Anonymousreply 254August 26, 2020 5:46 PM

Let's see... What actor notoriously refused to do press but would sit in when his fellow actors would do press and heckle them relentlessly?

by Anonymousreply 255August 26, 2020 5:48 PM

The two biggest press resisters were Bryggman and Deas.

by Anonymousreply 256August 26, 2020 5:50 PM

Ah, the obvious answers...but neither the right one.

by Anonymousreply 257August 26, 2020 5:52 PM

Just as an aside...and another post to get us closer to 300...I actually got Larry Bryggman's autograph at the Detroit airport circa 1980. He was there to appear in the Thanksgiving Day parade.

by Anonymousreply 258August 26, 2020 5:53 PM

let me help this along

I’ve always seen myself as a reckless gambler

by Anonymousreply 259August 26, 2020 7:03 PM

Risking all that I have whenever I could

by Anonymousreply 260August 26, 2020 7:05 PM

But then one day it happened

by Anonymousreply 261August 26, 2020 7:05 PM

You appeared like from a dream

by Anonymousreply 262August 26, 2020 7:06 PM

And we moved in sync like dancers

by Anonymousreply 263August 26, 2020 7:06 PM

With our hearts in harmony

by Anonymousreply 264August 26, 2020 7:06 PM

You are my way (you are my way) to another world

by Anonymousreply 265August 26, 2020 7:07 PM

You are the one that lets me fly so high

by Anonymousreply 266August 26, 2020 7:07 PM

LOW

BORN

GUTTER

TRAMP

by Anonymousreply 267August 26, 2020 7:07 PM

LOW

BORN

GUTTER

TRAMP

by Anonymousreply 268August 26, 2020 7:07 PM

You are the rain when my spirits run dry

by Anonymousreply 269August 26, 2020 7:07 PM

You give my life (you give my life) a hope that’s real

by Anonymousreply 270August 26, 2020 7:08 PM

Cos when I’m with you, you take me away to another world

by Anonymousreply 271August 26, 2020 7:08 PM

All my life I’ve been called a hopeless romantic

by Anonymousreply 272August 26, 2020 7:08 PM

Waiting for my prince to take me away

by Anonymousreply 273August 26, 2020 7:08 PM

But when I found you I felt different

by Anonymousreply 274August 26, 2020 7:09 PM

Than I’d ever felt before

by Anonymousreply 275August 26, 2020 7:09 PM

Suddenly I was taking no chances

by Anonymousreply 276August 26, 2020 7:09 PM

By walking through your door

by Anonymousreply 277August 26, 2020 7:10 PM

by Anonymousreply 278August 26, 2020 7:10 PM

by Anonymousreply 279August 26, 2020 7:11 PM

by Anonymousreply 280August 26, 2020 7:11 PM

by Anonymousreply 281August 26, 2020 7:11 PM

by Anonymousreply 282August 26, 2020 7:12 PM

by Anonymousreply 283August 26, 2020 7:12 PM

by Anonymousreply 284August 26, 2020 7:12 PM

by Anonymousreply 285August 26, 2020 7:13 PM

by Anonymousreply 286August 26, 2020 7:13 PM

by Anonymousreply 287August 26, 2020 7:13 PM

by Anonymousreply 288August 26, 2020 7:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 289August 26, 2020 7:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 290August 26, 2020 7:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 291August 26, 2020 7:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 292August 26, 2020 7:15 PM

listen here as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293August 26, 2020 7:15 PM

another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294August 26, 2020 7:16 PM

"Where is the son you've ever given him"

by Anonymousreply 295August 26, 2020 7:17 PM

"I baptise myself the slut of Springfield."

by Anonymousreply 296August 26, 2020 7:17 PM

"Darling"

by Anonymousreply 297August 26, 2020 7:18 PM

"I'm coming, Bud"

by Anonymousreply 298August 26, 2020 7:18 PM

Since we are reaching R300 I will tell you WHO the actor was the the other actors on Another World were referring to on The Locher Room (the actor that was "difficult")

No it wasn't Robert Kelker-Kelly

It was an actor by the name of Eric Scott Woods. He played Evan Frame and barely lasted 9 months in the role (only three - 13 week cycles, despite signing a multi-year contract)

A few years after he left he gave a WEHT interview with Soap Opera Digest and admitted there was MAJOR tension between him and his co-star Christine Tucci (Amanda Cory - Evan's love interest) and he also admitted there were a few backstage clashes with other cast-members.

So now you know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299August 26, 2020 7:19 PM

I always loved the video where Rachel berates Alice for the lack of a son but I can't find the vid

by Anonymousreply 300August 26, 2020 7:19 PM

"Toots"

by Anonymousreply 301August 26, 2020 7:19 PM

"Where is the son you've ever given him" is at 23:55

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302August 26, 2020 7:22 PM

R299

My mind much be slipping because the only Evan I remember was Fhloe (sp?)

by Anonymousreply 303August 26, 2020 7:23 PM

So Reply 300 is actually at R299 - if anyone is looking for the trivia answer

by Anonymousreply 304August 26, 2020 7:23 PM

R303 they brought the character back and cast Eric Scott Woods in the part.

by Anonymousreply 305August 26, 2020 7:24 PM

Eric Scott Woods was a cutie, but he definitely didn't last long, which is likely why so few remember him.

by Anonymousreply 306August 26, 2020 7:25 PM

I remember the EON dude too as Evan. That whole era where Tucci played Amanda and he was Evan went by in the blink of an eye.

Although I remember I liked C Tucci as Amanda better than that simp Sandy Ferguson.

by Anonymousreply 307August 26, 2020 7:25 PM

I should say he = E Scott Woods

by Anonymousreply 308August 26, 2020 7:26 PM

Add Christine Tucci to the list of ladies thrown under the bus by Jill Farren Phelps

One of the first things JFP did when she became AW EP was FIRE Christine Tucci. I really liked her as Amanda, but JFP wanted to go another way.

Maybe JFP doesn't like brunettes.

by Anonymousreply 309August 26, 2020 7:27 PM

Charles Flohe was fantastic as Preacher on Edge of Night.

All of his subsequent soap roles never lived up to the potential he showed as Preacher.

And somehow he also was married to Kim Delaney of AMC fame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 26, 2020 7:29 PM

Speaking of backstage dirt......

Supposedly there is footage somewhere.....circa mid to late 1980s of two P&G actresses, either on ATWT or GL.....their characters played out a slap in story, and on air, they had to use a technically messy first take.....because on the second take one bitch #1 slapped bitch #2. HARD. Knocked her DOWN. On the floor. Screaming and cursing ensued.

I suspected HBS and CZ as they supposedly had a feud but honestly I am not sure, wondered if anyone else ever heard this bit of gossip. (I know there was supposedly footage of Zimmer/Watros but this was earlier.)

by Anonymousreply 311August 26, 2020 7:31 PM

Paul Michael Valley was dating Christine Tucci when JFP fired her.

He quit in protest, thus causing the show to lose the character of Ryan Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 312August 26, 2020 7:31 PM

I really liked Charles Flohe as Evan Bates - and it was Brilliant of Harding LeMay to reach back in the past and have Evan the illegitimate child of Janice Frame, Rachel's arch-enemy

There was so much potentially with that story, but after two years, Flohe wanted to go, So they gave the Evan character a rest, but brought him back

Unfortunately Eric Scott Woods had problems with the new Amanda (Christine Tucci) , and one had to go. So it was Eric Scott Woods that got the axe.

Mind you he had problems with other cast members as well .

by Anonymousreply 313August 26, 2020 7:33 PM

Thank you r299 for being true to your word and delivering the dirt. And being early too!

by Anonymousreply 314August 26, 2020 7:34 PM

I grudgingly also say thanks. I was skeptical but you came through.

by Anonymousreply 315August 26, 2020 7:43 PM

"You're a bitch, Cecile. You always were and you always will be!"

by Anonymousreply 316August 26, 2020 8:10 PM

I think Jill only looks at the next 6 months ahead when she's producing a show.

I want to bring Deas on; kill off Maureen! Soaps don't need matriarchal figures!

I'll bring on ANOTHER Santa Barbara pal! The numbers won't change...much!

She bangs out the shows, knows how to keep the budget down, but by the time she leaves they are a mess.

by Anonymousreply 317August 26, 2020 9:59 PM

Dorie's a great name for a 10 year old. but as a hell-raising teen?

Some names are just for little kids; they're not adult names.

Lulu.

Dorie.

Jimmy.

by Anonymousreply 318August 26, 2020 11:55 PM

Benji

by Anonymousreply 319August 27, 2020 3:39 PM

Millie is good for little girls and old ladies.

The in between years are tough.

by Anonymousreply 320August 28, 2020 2:00 AM

New new thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321September 2, 2020 10:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!