Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adam Newman's shaved ballsack

And other vagaries vis a vis Genoa City

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601June 29, 2020 11:59 PM

Where?

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2020 6:45 PM

Great headline.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2020 6:50 PM

Pfft! nuAdam's balls haven't dropped yet.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2020 6:53 PM

Speaking of Adam, if not his ballsack—and believe me, I find nothing wrong with discussing his ballsack—someone typed this at the end of the last thread:

[quote]Adam brings nothing to the show IMO. I didn't miss him when he was gone & nothing has changed my mind with the recast. I'd be more than A-OK if Adam, Chelsea & Connor just moved away.

I would go with them. Without Adam, there is no show. Saddling him with Chelsea was not the greatest move, but in a program comprising nothing but non-great moves, I have decided to live with it. I actually find Chelsea more annoying than Connor, who reminds me a bit of me at that age.

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2020 6:57 PM

I mean, nununuAdam/Mark just *looks* like a dude bro that shaves everything in order to make it look bigger.

We'd have to ask Sharon for sure, though......

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2020 7:06 PM

That's Queen Sharon, ya know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2020 7:16 PM

A show with so much potential, but being written SOOO badly.

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2020 7:26 PM

Y&R regained its #1 position, why I don't know. All the soaps are up as everyone is stuck at home. The sad thing for Y&R is that there doesn't seem to be any story right now to keep those viewers hooked, after the crisis is over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2020 7:35 PM

Great... our show sucks so much the only thing propping it up is house arrest because of the deadliest scourge in a hundred years....

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2020 7:51 PM

They said they are going to air "classic" episodes to pad the number of episodes available. While I support that, the problem is that will just reinforce how horrible the show is right now.

by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2020 7:54 PM

Unfortunately, it's not the stories.

People forced to stay at home will watch anything on the 'boob' tube, and in many cases, the TV is just left 'on' - running all day like white noise.

My brother sat and watched the "Penguin Cam" that NBC was also live-streaming on their website from the Kansas City Zoo.

He watched it for close to two hours, and honestly those penguins were providing more entertaining drama than Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2020 7:59 PM

ABC should air One Life to Live in place of Strahan and Sara. They should start around 2008.

by Anonymousreply 12March 31, 2020 8:04 PM

someone typed in the last Y&R thread:

[quote]With the coronavirus stimulus check coming, there'll be no excuse to not cough up the $1.99.

It's not about the $1.99. Or the $20. It's about Muriel breaking the DL and refusing to fix it. The very moment she restarts "ignore threads," I will again become a paying member.

by Anonymousreply 13March 31, 2020 8:38 PM

I'm a paid subscriber. What are "ignore Threads"?

by Anonymousreply 14March 31, 2020 8:44 PM

R14 At the moment, ignored threads won't stay ignored.

Many of us want to hide the repetitive threads about the royals, or the 900000th "Which one of these guys is the hottest" troll threads. But they won't stay hidden.

by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2020 8:49 PM

Until last summer, you could put threads you don't want to see every time you come to DL on "ignore." And they would disappear. And then Muriel, in her infinite Murieltude, decided to destroy that function.

I liked "ignore threads" because it enabled me to not have to look at Trump pics. Now, in order not to look at Trump, I have two inferior choices: 1. I can put the posters who start Trump threads on ignore. The problem with that is that they often post threads I do enjoy, which I miss unless they end up in my right column. 2. I can turn off link previews, which also provides a less enjoyable DL experience, though not as unenjoyable as looking at Trump every third thread.

If we had "ignore threads" once, why can't we continue to have it?

by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2020 8:54 PM

What does this "ignore threads" issue have to do with starting endless new threads on the same topic, because someone is moaning about the paywall? (e.g. The last Y&R thread was good for another 400 replies.)

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2020 9:13 PM

R17 Paywall means only two people can comment.

Anyway.....about Adam's ballsack.....

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2020 10:45 PM

So the ignore threads issue is just a made up excuse and it's really the pay issue.

by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2020 10:53 PM

r19 Huh?

by Anonymousreply 20March 31, 2020 11:24 PM

R20 ... R18 doesn't address why the "ignore threads" issue results in the need to create countless new threads, and instead points to the paywall.

by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2020 11:31 PM

Okay, r21. When the paywall is up, many fewer people post. Threads die. People continue to want to post, even if they are not paying, and people who are paying—except, apparently, for you—also want those posters to continue to post. So, to facilitate further posting, someone starts a new thread. It is most useful for the new thread starter to be a subscriber, as only a subscriber can post a link to the new thread.

As for your "it's really the pay issue," no, it's not. I was a subscriber until Muriel took "ignore threads" away. It's a highly efficient manner of dealing with threads I don't want to see, over and over and over, each time I sign in. As I said earlier, I will resubscribe the very instant Muriel restores "ignore threads."

It is not "really the pay issue," at least not for me.

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2020 11:41 PM

Excuse me!

I thought this was about, was about my triumphant return, my return to Genoa City!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 31, 2020 11:56 PM

Dina doesn't act like someone with Alzheimer's, she acts like someone trying to qualify for the Special Olympics.....

And Adam's reporter friend is pretty bad at deduction......

If 2+2=4 and 3+1=4 then 2+3=4.......Right?

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2020 2:34 PM

R24 I think the Alzheimer's story on GH is more realistic in depicting the condition, at least compared to people I've known.

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2020 2:37 PM

Why did Dina leave Shady Pines and come back to the Abbott house?

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2020 2:43 PM

Good question R26!

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2020 3:12 PM

Same question from me, they made this big deal like a year ago of how no one could take care of her at home the way they could in a professional facility, how no one had the time to devote, etc. And yet here we are, where her condition has deteriorated even more and now none of that is an issue.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2020 3:45 PM

Because now she's dying. I thought that's what Jack said sometime last week. She doesn't look it, though. I wonder if Theo is going to be a new Breath of Life for his grandma. I'd love to see him triumph over the execrable Jabottom, whom I now loathe more than any character in the history of the show (with the possible exception of Pinched Sphincterina).

Yesterday when the opening credits came on, I gave the finger to all the appropriate characters. But when it came to Michael Mealor's slide, I used both middle fingers and both middle toes.

by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2020 3:51 PM

From 1985 - Ashley Abbott finds out she is NOT Daughter Of John Abbott but Brent Davis Is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2020 4:00 PM

Then they introduced the sexy silver fox Graham as Ashley half-brother (Son of Brent Davis)

They should have found some way to keep him on the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2020 4:11 PM

The show said they brought Dina home to die.

As someone who has lived thru this with my parent it is a truly ugly time. YR doesn't have the balls to show it. That's why they never should've started this storyline.

When Alzheimer's grows truly advanced the patient can no longer swallow. That's when the family must decide to either tube feed them which prolongs a terrible life or withhold all fluids. Withholding fluids causes them to die within a few days to a couple weeks.

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2020 5:45 PM

If Y&R was smart, they'd bring back someone Dina was friends with - or even an enemy, like Jill - and do a euthanasia storyline.

I lost the plot on Eastenders years ago but knew enough about the years since for this to be very meaningful. One of the best things they've ever done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2020 7:03 PM

awww ... Happy Anniversary

I knew they were together when he was on the show, but time sure flies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2020 2:30 AM

^^^^

He plays a gay character on Station 19. He's having an affair with the hot gay firefighter.

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2020 3:16 AM

That preview yesterday looked pretty sad......and underwhelming.....

I am guessing that Adam's mother killed the guy - or maybe Adam did it himself and doesn't remember - and Victor was "saving" them from being arrested......

But I really don't care.....the scene with Dina was pretty funny though......I'm hoping Traci smacks her in the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2020 2:38 PM

Who’s the photo in r34?

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2020 3:56 PM

r37, Lachlan Buchanan is the person on the left. He used to play Kyle. Can you imagine? They fired him and hired Jabottom. As someone mentioned upthread, he currently plays a gay firefighter on a Shonda shitshow.

I don't know who the guy on the right is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2020 4:01 PM

Lorie looked hideous at the wedding today - like Jake from State Farm.

by Anonymousreply 39April 3, 2020 7:11 PM

R37 R38 The guy on the right is Lachie's long-term boyfriend-partner for seven years now, coincidentally named Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 40April 3, 2020 8:08 PM

How many times have they dragged that old Nikki-Victor wedding episode out now? Underwhelmed by this particular selection.

by Anonymousreply 41April 3, 2020 8:13 PM

They didn't run the wedding episode on cbs.com. Sounds as if I didn't miss much.

by Anonymousreply 42April 4, 2020 1:07 AM

R41 first time I’ve seen it as a classic YR. What the hell are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 43April 4, 2020 1:11 AM

R43 They just ran it a few years ago as filler during the holiday season. And that wasn't the first time.

by Anonymousreply 44April 4, 2020 1:26 AM

Did someone inform Brenda that she was on TV today?

by Anonymousreply 45April 4, 2020 2:27 AM

Brendad will get her $0.62 residual check soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 46April 4, 2020 4:47 AM

Can't we get back to Adam's shaved ballsack?

by Anonymousreply 47April 4, 2020 1:37 PM

He does look as if he shaves his pubes, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 48April 4, 2020 2:09 PM

What' the current status of Joshua Morrow's very thick and distinctive treasure trail? Back in the 90s it was supposedly deemed 'too provocative' for teen-aged Nick's shirtless scenes, so it would get shaved off. But you'd see it sometimes in publicity stills or when he was doing his extracurricular boy-band thing. .. It was like his pubes went beyond his navel .. lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 4, 2020 7:46 PM

R49

Who cares with his paunchy dad bod?

by Anonymousreply 50April 4, 2020 10:52 PM

We can discuss Nick in relation to the classics, though, like when he was egging Matt on to try and top him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2020 1:50 AM

With that honor eventually going to The Wartman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2020 1:51 AM

Is Dina dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2020 4:09 PM

Who’s Dina?

by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2020 4:28 PM

R53

No but the show is.

by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2020 5:23 PM

I'd watch classic episodes all day if it prevents showing the gruesome twosome of Nick and Phyllis "sexing" it up.

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2020 5:48 PM

Same R56

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2020 6:06 PM

When I watch Stanford it feels so ten years ago. GT wasn’t Stafford’s Phyllis. Stafford’s Phyllis is Groundhog Day.

I know the Scoche Marin stuff was a lark but I now kinda wish they would recast Chancellor. Bill Bell’s dead and they didn’t cancel his creation. What’s the big deal about replacing an ancient sex pest who’s been dead for seven years?

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2020 6:38 PM

This isn't Days of Our Undead Lives

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2020 6:48 PM

The big problem with Y&R is it either stays completely in the past (Victor vs Jack, Part 1,298,786) or it ditches history entirely.

Mrs. C was a character. We need more well drawn, well acted CHARACTERS on the show, with personality. Abby, Summer, Lola, et al have all the depth of a dishtowel.

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2020 6:56 PM

Jeanne WAS Katherine and played her for 40 years. At this point it’d be ridiculous to recast. Murphy told everyone she died while on that trip, so I don’t know how they would get around that without it being the stupidest thing ever on any soap. Plus it’d be an insult to Coopers memory. At this point, I really don’t think Katherine is needed anyway.

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2020 7:53 PM

You can respect history while not repeating it.

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2020 8:33 PM

And what is sacred about Cooper’s memory in particular? But never mind. If you don’t think it’s necessary let us cease all discussion.

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2020 8:33 PM

I have recovered from COVID-19 and look forward to re-creating the character of Katherine Chancellor. Thank you for your well wishes and prayers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2020 8:34 PM

Brendajuice! Brendajuice! Brendajuice!

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2020 8:40 PM

To bring Katherine back from the dead you would also have to completely change history. You would have to change her birthday for starters, because she would be 91 if you didn't. There is no reason to bring back a character that old.

OLTL tried resurrecting Victor Lord, in 2003, and it was just totally bizarre. When the original Victor Lord died in 1976, it was established that he had been born in 1916, making him sixty when he died. When they brought him back in 2003, they shaved 10 years off his age and said he was born in 1926, making him 77, instead of 87. Even though the actor they got looked more like 107. Of course there was a major difference in that unlike Katherine, OLTL had completely destroyed Victor's memory by then and made him into a sexual predator who molested his daughter and raped others. But, still there was just no good reason to bring back the character. I would say it started the downfall that eventually led to the show's cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2020 10:56 PM

Esther has been keeping Mrs. C on ice in the Chancellor basement. This stopped the aging process in its tracks and why the show has cast a younger actress (Scoche Marin) in the coveted role. Everything will be explained on screen.

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2020 11:08 PM

Forget bringing characters back from the dead. How 'bout bringing characters back from the living!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2020 11:58 PM

Y&R needs more Marco Dapper!

by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2020 12:00 AM

Happy days are returning to Genoa City! Scoche Marin has recovered from COVID-19 and will be making Mrs. C more popular than Jeanne ever could have dreamed. The Y&R cast is just in love with her. She got so many flowers and chocolates from them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2020 3:15 AM

Aunt Jack throws a hissy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2020 3:42 AM

I'd rather (and love to?) watch an hour of Scoche Marin and Marco Dapper 5 days a week than any other character or story on this shitshow. Carmine is a bartender. Katherine is a drunk. Let the shenanigans begin.

by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2020 3:33 PM

Plus, she has boundaries issues around who she fucks! Carmine would be right up crusty old lady mausoleum!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2020 4:53 PM

An alcoholic, a manicurist, and a bartender walk into an estate...

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2020 6:29 PM

WTF was Phyllis wearing today?? A one-shoulder evening gown?

by Anonymousreply 75April 6, 2020 6:35 PM

Anyone who has CBS All Access or use CBS.com but missed the classic episode on Friday, they have uploaded it but it isn't listed as being in this season but on another line as Season 11.

by Anonymousreply 76April 6, 2020 11:15 PM

The best thing about the "classic" was Real Jill and Kay, and of course, Hot Andy. Did one of those dancing waiters at the Colonnade Room get lucky in the mens room?

by Anonymousreply 77April 7, 2020 12:27 AM

Scoche will be giving us new classics galore with her take on Mrs. C. Showing the classic eps is just the warmup folks.

by Anonymousreply 78April 7, 2020 12:38 AM

So who have been the greatest hunks over the years? Andy Ford? Marco Dapper? The guy who played Stitch?

by Anonymousreply 79April 7, 2020 10:46 AM

The show’s so dumb I’m actually waiting for the classics to start.

by Anonymousreply 80April 7, 2020 2:36 PM

I agree with R61. They can't bring back Katherine. We saw her die on screen. It's insulting to Jeanne Cooper. Her family can't find any of this as classy.

by Anonymousreply 81April 7, 2020 4:02 PM

R81 There is no new Mrs. C. Some loon on here thinks she's hysterically funny for saying so.

by Anonymousreply 82April 7, 2020 5:24 PM

It’s weird to watch this, for me anyway, in the context of real life... they’re all so close together!

by Anonymousreply 83April 7, 2020 5:54 PM

[quote] So who have been the greatest hunks over the years?

Maestro Fautsch was a sexy little fucker who was tryin' for a threeway with Vanessa Prentiss and Liz Foster. And like most studs from The Continent, he had his share of twinks as well.

by Anonymousreply 84April 7, 2020 7:11 PM

R81 well she didn’t die onscreen, but it would be ludicrous to attempt to resurrect her. If it was a younger character who isn’t identified with one actor, they might attempt it. Still YR really doesn’t do far fetched back from the dead shit (maybe Adam but his body was never found) that much.

by Anonymousreply 85April 7, 2020 10:03 PM

[R_75]: Often times, they dress Phyllis, as if she's going to a club or a cocktail hour.

by Anonymousreply 86April 7, 2020 10:22 PM

My debut as Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy will be a ratings bonanza. My first week of scenes will be on my reel for my first nomination and first win for the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series Daytime Emmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 7, 2020 10:29 PM

[R79]; Marco Dapper, though after the classic episode shown this past Friday, I'd forgotten how good-looking, Steven Ford is.

by Anonymousreply 88April 7, 2020 10:30 PM

There's no way, after five years, that they would resurrect Katherine, even for a ratings jolt.

Jeanne got an hour tribute.

It.

Ain't.

Happening.

by Anonymousreply 89April 7, 2020 10:32 PM

Have they announced what this week's classic episode will be?

by Anonymousreply 90April 7, 2020 10:52 PM

My daughter Sjeil Marin will be re-creating the role of Dr. Casey Reed. She will be the love interest of Peter Bergman’s dashing Jack Abbott. Sjeil’s fabulous turn will net her the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series Daytime Emmy. Maybe she will compete with me the following year when I score my second nomination as Outstanding Lead Actress in Drama Series. She is, after all, along with Peter, replacing Melody and Eric as the show’s signature star couple. I am, of course, the matriarch as Mrs. Chancellor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 7, 2020 11:45 PM

I sort of liked the Theo vs. Kyle lover's spat in front of Dina today......I was hoping it would evolve into a Laverne & Shirley slap fight.

by Anonymousreply 92April 7, 2020 11:55 PM

It would be a kind of bitch-slap fight -- kind of like Krystle and Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 93April 8, 2020 12:32 AM

You mean, people are still watching this?

by Anonymousreply 94April 8, 2020 12:36 AM

When JaBottom and Theo were arguing, Dina should have barked at them:

"GOOD GRIEF! CAN'T YOU TWO JUST GO GET A ROOM? I'M NOT INTERESTED IN BEING ANYONE'S FRUIT FLY!"

by Anonymousreply 95April 8, 2020 3:16 AM

R79 Besides Steven Ford and Marco Dapper, two other favorites of mine were Peter Porte (Ricky Williams) ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 8, 2020 4:17 PM

... and Thad Luckinbill (Jeffrey Todd Hellstrom).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 8, 2020 4:18 PM

Marco gave us this. His nuts are like golf balls. I could make 11 meals off this prefect specimen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 8, 2020 5:51 PM

Why was Peter Porte so short-lived on the show? To go to all the trouble of giving Doug a son, only to kill him off?

by Anonymousreply 99April 8, 2020 8:50 PM

r99

Like a million other things, they didn't think it through

by Anonymousreply 100April 8, 2020 8:53 PM

That was a time where shows were just killing off young characters left and right for a ratings boost.

by Anonymousreply 101April 8, 2020 8:54 PM

I thought for a second that Jack was going to call Theo and Kyle by their new nicknames Brash & Sassy.....

by Anonymousreply 102April 8, 2020 9:25 PM

This show is so dull I am waiting for the classic episodes.

by Anonymousreply 103April 8, 2020 9:28 PM

I removed Y&R from my DVR schedule over a month ago and do not miss it.

by Anonymousreply 104April 9, 2020 12:15 AM

It would be appropriate for them to show a classic episode with Vanessa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 9, 2020 4:40 AM

R104

Only reason I'm still watching is for Sharon's story. Case is doing Emmy worthy work.

IDGAF about Adam, Victor,Victoria. They could all blow up for all I care. I also don't give a shit about what happened 25 years ago.

I will say Billy & Lily have a nice vibe.

by Anonymousreply 106April 9, 2020 7:55 AM

I mean...there's a new head of Newman Enterprises EVERY three months. That board of directors must be like "These people are fucking insane."

by Anonymousreply 107April 9, 2020 9:55 AM

R107, They must have the printer of the company letterhead on speed dial.

by Anonymousreply 108April 9, 2020 10:44 AM

I just saw Traci's hot ex husband in a commercial... what do people know about him?

by Anonymousreply 109April 9, 2020 12:47 PM

We know that he needs to be back on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 110April 9, 2020 2:35 PM

They should never allow Jabottom and Theo to do a scene alone. The horrible acting is overwhelming

by Anonymousreply 111April 9, 2020 2:39 PM

When will they kiss?

by Anonymousreply 112April 9, 2020 2:56 PM

Traci's ex- Steve had an affair with a twink assistant from his publishing firm.

The young man was quite the little seductive minx who wouldn't take no for an answer.

Traci walked in on them reverse cowboy.

This experience will finally be explored in the first book she writes for Chancellor Media.

by Anonymousreply 113April 9, 2020 4:14 PM

Traci will be serving cheese canapés on Easter Sunday made from scrapings found between the rolls of fat on her upper body.

by Anonymousreply 114April 9, 2020 6:36 PM

Info about Friday’s classic episode...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 9, 2020 7:04 PM

[quote] I will say Billy & Lily have a nice vibe.

I agree. It's also a reminder that Khalil does work well with other guys. Recall, there was a previous story arc with Billy and Lily when Billy Miller was in the role of Billy role, and it also worked. This was when Lane had broken up with Cane marrying Chloe thinking that the rapist was pregnant with his baby (when it was actually Billy's).

by Anonymousreply 116April 9, 2020 7:11 PM

I like Kahlil but I think everyone had good chemistry with Billy Miller

by Anonymousreply 117April 9, 2020 7:14 PM

r115

I look forward to that

by Anonymousreply 118April 9, 2020 7:15 PM

R106 I’m actually let down by the Case cancer storyline. I’d thought it’d be more dramatic. I can’t stand it when a show tries to do a soap opera cancer in which the person looks perfect all the time. I know there’s more to come, but it’s just not interesting right now.

by Anonymousreply 119April 9, 2020 7:16 PM

R119 IA. I think she’s doing wonderful work but something about it falls flat. And I still think the pairing of her and Rey is just boring. I wish she had another love interest during this story or was single.

by Anonymousreply 120April 9, 2020 7:20 PM

R119 I get your point. And R120, ITA. .. Really nuts that Sharon hasn't even had a scene with Adam during this ordeal. WTH? .. They put up fan fiction to cover this at one site

by Anonymousreply 121April 9, 2020 7:50 PM

Is Sharon sick? I just thought her bra was too tight.

by Anonymousreply 122April 9, 2020 9:56 PM

on my youtube, there was a suggestion of a video titled Colleen meets Brad ... I guess I didn't realize Colleen didn't know Brad was her father until she was a teenager?

by Anonymousreply 123April 10, 2020 1:25 AM

I have no doubt that the lesbians will cure Sharon with the power of their LOVE

by Anonymousreply 124April 10, 2020 1:30 AM

Victor will show up in his black t-shirt and boxing gloves and punch the cancer straight out of her boobs.

by Anonymousreply 125April 10, 2020 1:44 AM

R123 No, it sounds like they were just trying to make the scene with new teen Colleen (Lyndsy Fonseca) seem "ultra-dramatic", as if she'd never met Brad before, but that wasn't the case.

There had previously been a time when Brad was shuttling back and forth from Genoa City to New York City to visit his growing daughter. But Bitch Traci started to put up roadblocks to these visits (e,g, scheduling things for Colleen that would interfere with Brad's planned weekends, or they'd get cut short for some reason). Plus, Traci herself was supposed to bring Colleen to Genoa City at set times, and she started to renege on that.

Because of Traci's behavior, Brad actually had to haul her fat ass into court. The judge was none to happy with Traci's shenanigans - which were being done simply because Brad was getting close to Lauren Fenmore again, and Traci didn't want her near her daughter. I remember cheering when Traci got told off by the judge in open court and ordered to obey the visitation order, or else.

But long story short is, Brad had many scenes with child actress, Alanna Masterson, who was playing Colleen at the time. Masterson Colleen for a couple of years - looking about 6-8 years old during that time, so definitely old enough to know/remember that Brad was her bio-father.

by Anonymousreply 126April 10, 2020 2:12 AM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 127April 10, 2020 4:51 AM

I know the Traci character gets a lot of shit here, BUT after each of her scenes, I just want her to be part of my family.

by Anonymousreply 128April 10, 2020 9:45 AM

I'm actually looking forward to today's rerun. It will be free of Adam, Chelsea, Victoria. I hate those 3 character beyond words.

by Anonymousreply 129April 10, 2020 12:21 PM

Is the Theo actor somehow related to the Bell family?

His presence on the show boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 130April 10, 2020 5:06 PM

You are invited to check in on this thread and tell us what soap character you'd be. Just a little mindless fun, kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 10, 2020 5:34 PM

R130 Since about 2012 (when Maria was canned), The Bell Family basically just cashes the check. B&B is the baby they care about. .. As for Johnson's hiring, don't forget, McDaniel was still around when he was hired -- always getting her chubby little hands in casting decisions -- and it should be noted that she was on the top of his thank you list at the time.

by Anonymousreply 132April 10, 2020 6:27 PM

Jordi, his wife, and two kids all got the covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2020 9:16 PM

R133

That man drips sex.

by Anonymousreply 134April 10, 2020 9:27 PM

R134, I'd be glad to wipe it up.

by Anonymousreply 135April 10, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote] I'd be glad to wipe it up.

Be sure to wear latex gloves.

by Anonymousreply 136April 10, 2020 9:31 PM

"Still marvelous, still Midwestern" was just murieled, at 315 posts.

by Anonymousreply 137April 10, 2020 9:53 PM

Thanks R137

here's the new one for that thread topic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 10, 2020 10:04 PM

Heaven protect Jordi! He is a sex god.

by Anonymousreply 139April 10, 2020 11:22 PM

I enjoyed the Friday classic - but there was a glaring continuity error. It was late evening in Genoa City, with a nighttime skyline seen from the windows of Jill's office, yet Dru and Neil were lounging in the afternoon sunshine on the beach in Antigua (two hours to the east of Wisconsin .. lol!).

Oh, and of course, that interior designer employed by Bradley just had to be a stereotypical gay bottom. Reminds me how Bill Bell nearly always portrayed male decorators, wedding planners, florists, etc. like that. I bet our designer fella would have loved to have provided a different kind of service to Hot Brad.

And I'm guessing they wouldn't show us the follow-up episode were John demanded that Jill terminate her pregnancy. WTH, no Billy Abbott?!? .. In any event, Jill couldn't go through with the abortion, and instead, drew up some kind of contract absolving John of his parental responsibilities, which John's attorney told him would not be legally-binding.

Also, rather funny how Eve Howard has appeared in both classics. Is that going to be the connecting theme here? .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 140April 11, 2020 12:04 AM

[quote] Also, rather funny how Eve Howard has appeared in both classics. Is that going to be the connecting theme here? .. lol!

Maybe they are laying the ground work to bring back J. Eddie Peck's Cole to pair with Victoria, to get her away from Billy. Especially since Billy and Lilly seem to be working well. He was beautiful, and seems to have maintained his looks.

by Anonymousreply 141April 11, 2020 12:22 AM

Peck showed up for Mel's big anniversary party last year. Yeah, he looks okay, but going on 62, I think he may be starting to look a little too senior-ish for 47-year old Amelie Heinle. Funny how those two were once a couple on AMC as Dr. Jake Martin and Mia Saunders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 11, 2020 2:33 AM

R142 With the right make up he'd be alright, honestly I thought Amelie Heinle was a little older than that.

by Anonymousreply 143April 11, 2020 2:41 AM

Speaking of makeup, in the close-up photos that day, he looked like he was wearing eyeliner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 11, 2020 3:52 AM

R144 I've always thought he looked like that. Some people just naturally look like they are wearing eyeliner. People have said before that they thought I was when I wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 145April 11, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote]I have decided to live with it. I actually find Chelsea more annoying than Connor, who reminds me a bit of me at that age.

Is your name Jeremy, R4?

Because your boy Connor is on track to become soap operadom's very first school shooter.

by Anonymousreply 146April 11, 2020 5:21 AM

THAT would be FUCKING genius R146. Having that creepy bastard actually DO something that puts the lives of others in danger because he's so messed up from his family's dynamic. I'll grant you that It's a little morbid. Maybe have him bring a gun to class, but it falls out or something? I don't know...this show is so BORING. That would shake something up, right?

by Anonymousreply 147April 11, 2020 9:11 AM

R147

AH is the personification of the word haggard. She desperately needs a make over.

by Anonymousreply 148April 11, 2020 9:29 AM

I thought Conner was supposed to burn down Sharon's coffee house?

by Anonymousreply 149April 11, 2020 2:10 PM

I love that the classic episodes even use the old bumpers. BM looked stunning in those credits.

by Anonymousreply 150April 11, 2020 2:25 PM

R149 That was probably one of those made-up bullshit "spoilers" from websites like Celebrity Dirty Laundry.

by Anonymousreply 151April 11, 2020 6:55 PM

Still elated to be re-creating the role of Mrs. C for all of you, my dears. Melody has started calling me “mother.”

by Anonymousreply 152April 11, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote]Since about 2012 (when Maria was canned), The Bell Family basically just cashes the check. B&B is the baby they care about.

Judging by the quality of the cast and scripts, it’s the kind of baby care you’d get from Mrs. Patsy Ramsey, formerly of Boulder, CO.

by Anonymousreply 153April 11, 2020 9:01 PM

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 154April 11, 2020 9:02 PM

Uh oh they're writing out Theo and Lola. Will they undo the stupid Theo is Stuart's inexplicable grandson?

by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2020 12:30 AM

Could they also write out Jabottom and Slummer?

by Anonymousreply 156April 13, 2020 12:39 AM

I prefer Theo and Lola, to the other two.

by Anonymousreply 157April 13, 2020 2:00 AM

Woo hoo Santa got my letter! Two dead weights off the show, now if they would just do less Kyle/Summer ick and more Adam actually besting that idiot of a family he belongs to, I could be a happy camper.

by Anonymousreply 158April 13, 2020 2:12 AM

There are other websites claiming the uncasting of Theo and Lola is not true.

by Anonymousreply 159April 13, 2020 2:27 AM

Life will go on without Lola and Theo......I only hope they don't fill the time with Mariah and Tessa....oh and Faith.

by Anonymousreply 160April 13, 2020 1:38 PM

The only reason I'm still watching is for Sharon's cancer story. Case is doing amazing work.

IDGAF about Adam/Victor and some murder that happened 25 years ago. Shit, the victim is someone we never heard of til a couple weeks ago. IDGAF about Dina's story. She should be more advanced into her death spiral IDGAF about Jack's challenge of Kyle/Theo. Jack needs to be back running things not those 2 knuckleheads. IDGAF about this immature rivalry between Phyllis & Abby

by Anonymousreply 161April 13, 2020 2:23 PM

The idea that Jabottom could run a multi-million dollar company is side-splitting

by Anonymousreply 162April 13, 2020 2:28 PM

R161 the interesting thing is the old Phyllis would eat Abby alive, but since she’s back with Nick now she’s not going to do that to his sister, so even less of a reason. I really miss the bitch on wheels Phyllis, not this watered down one. Stafford must be so disappointed she has trade pathetic barbs with this Paris Hilton type character and actress.

by Anonymousreply 163April 13, 2020 4:32 PM

R163

I miss Gina's Phyllis. She made me actually feel for & care for Phyllis. MS's Phyllis is a scenery chewing clown.

by Anonymousreply 164April 13, 2020 5:24 PM

Oh yay. Another long, boring scene of Ick and Syphyllis getting all "sex-ay" in a hotel room.

Does Abby have anything else to do besides spar with Phyllis?

by Anonymousreply 165April 13, 2020 6:22 PM

What about my balls?

by Anonymousreply 166April 13, 2020 8:24 PM

Don't worry - got 'em right here.

by Anonymousreply 167April 13, 2020 9:08 PM

Little clip of selfish bitch Nikki informing Young Nicholas (John Nelson-Alden) that she's shipping him off to boarding school in Switzerland. Nikki did this so she wouldn't have to act maternal and could continue to pursue Cole Howard, full steam ahead. Funny how (I think) you can actually see some of the Nick Newman we know today is his performance .. lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 14, 2020 2:12 AM

I only watched the Adam/Victor and Victoria/Alyssa scenes yesterday. Not gonna watch Phyllis, Billy, or most straight romance (Nate and Amanda).

by Anonymousreply 169April 14, 2020 8:00 AM

That was fun R168.

by Anonymousreply 170April 14, 2020 12:12 PM

R169

Adam/Victor/Victoria/Ayssa are all FF material for me. I'm so fucking over those 4 as well as Nikki, Chelsea, & Nick.

by Anonymousreply 171April 14, 2020 12:53 PM

If I didn't have Adam, I would not be able to watch this shitshow. Not liking how fast and how unintriguing the current Adam storyline is, but at least I can look as his lovely visage.

by Anonymousreply 172April 14, 2020 12:59 PM

They have the building blocks, but the don't know how to assemble them. Some hunky men, some beautiful women, some decent actors, good costumes, good photography and lighting. It's the stories and the story-telling that are awful, and have been for some time. The stories themselves, the inconsistencies, the terrible pacing, and bad dialogue writing are the problems. I just fast forward until I see scenes where Jordi might take off his shirt.

by Anonymousreply 173April 14, 2020 1:26 PM

Just wait until I show up on your screens. Soap Digest knew that I was a covergirl! This is an advance look at the cover for the week after next’s issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 15, 2020 4:02 PM

I pray that Biden asks Scoche to join the ticket as his VP.

by Anonymousreply 175April 15, 2020 5:44 PM

Tomorrow’s classic episode:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 16, 2020 4:44 PM

Starring KSJ's big tits! Thank you, Greg York (RIP).

If they really wanted to do it right, they would show both episodes of '91 the Masquerade Ball. In fact, if you add the episode where David goes in the trash compactor, then they could fill three days.

by Anonymousreply 177April 16, 2020 7:11 PM

Can someone explain to me this whole thing with the death of Adam's father, Cliff? Didn't he die from a tractor accident not being driven off the road?

by Anonymousreply 178April 17, 2020 12:03 AM

When is Adam planning to start doing any actual work?

by Anonymousreply 179April 17, 2020 12:11 AM

R178 I’m a bit fuzzy. That sounds familiar, so they may be rewriting history again. I’m calling it right now. Adam was the one who killed the loan shark as a kid. He’s blocking it out. So Victor is protecting him yet again.

by Anonymousreply 180April 17, 2020 12:16 AM

Does Ick have a job besides glaring at Adam and trying to feign passion with Syphyllis?

by Anonymousreply 181April 17, 2020 12:55 AM

Nick is truly a bozo. His two modes are either violent monkey or oversexed teenager.

by Anonymousreply 182April 17, 2020 1:47 AM

My, Scoche Marin could be Jeanne Cooper’s sister. Her debut will take the character of Katherine Chancellor to new heights.

by Anonymousreply 183April 17, 2020 2:07 AM

R178 The tractor-farm accident happened to Cliff in 1995, but that was just written so that Hopeless could go running back to Kansas to care for Cliff.

The accident that killed Cliff happened the following year, and, at the time, it was said to be a car accident caused by a drunk driver. At that point, Hopeless was already in Kansas with Victor Junior (Adam). Right before Cliff's fatal accidnet, Victor had gone to Kansas in order to recuperate from being shot by Mari Jo Mason. That alone had pissed Nikki off. But when Victor returned to Genoa City, he planned on surprising Nikki with a marriage proposal, but that's when he got word of Cliff's accident, so he quick turned around and went back to Kansas to be with Hope. Nikki felt like she'd been stood up again, so she impetuously married Dr. Joshua Landers - which led into the Veronica Landers-Sarah the Maid storyline.

by Anonymousreply 184April 17, 2020 2:17 AM

Adam or Hope......that's what I'm thinking R180.

by Anonymousreply 185April 17, 2020 3:23 PM

R184 - thank you so much!!!

by Anonymousreply 186April 17, 2020 4:26 PM

Who played Zorro today?

by Anonymousreply 187April 17, 2020 6:22 PM

duh it was Brad

by Anonymousreply 188April 17, 2020 6:32 PM

John Abbott had VPL in his britches .. lol!

Too bad it wasn't Young John Abbott.

by Anonymousreply 189April 17, 2020 6:37 PM

Who is picking these classics. Show me something from the 70s during the Kay/Phillip/Jill years or the Golden Comb years or let's go to the 80s with Brenda's Jill. Now those were classics.

by Anonymousreply 190April 17, 2020 6:40 PM

Where was Nikki?

by Anonymousreply 191April 17, 2020 6:44 PM

R190 I agree, but I'd guess Old Fraus prefer this kind of Big 80s glitz and glam when soaps had money to spring for big weddings, parties, location shoots, etc.

by Anonymousreply 192April 17, 2020 6:46 PM

R191 I think Nikki was in rehab. Anyway, she eventually shows up dressed as "the phantom."

by Anonymousreply 193April 17, 2020 6:50 PM

[quote] Too bad it wasn't Young John Abbott.

Who also had serious VPL.

Really, the big mistake was not casting that guy in a regular role. He was way more handsome than anyone else they have.

by Anonymousreply 194April 17, 2020 6:52 PM

who's idea was it to have Jeanne Cooper croak out that tune?

by Anonymousreply 195April 17, 2020 6:53 PM

I love that Gina (who could sing) got a 30-second snippet of a song, while Esther (who couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket) got an entire Stephen Sondheim song with a dance break.

by Anonymousreply 196April 17, 2020 6:58 PM

Entertainment press starting to ask when soaps will run out of new episodes.

Story says GH, Y&R and B&B all have enough episodes to run through mid May.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 17, 2020 7:27 PM

That was the worst Nurses' Ball ever.

by Anonymousreply 198April 17, 2020 8:01 PM

Someone on youtube uploaded most of the John/Jill divorce storyline from the 1980s. These will probably be taken down soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 17, 2020 8:03 PM

I always thought Jill's lawyer was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 200April 17, 2020 8:09 PM

God Terry Lester was hot! Years ago, I went to a gay B&B in San Diego that the owner claimed that Terry frequented often and he liked the dark meat. TL went to high school with my parents and aunts and uncles but they didn't remember him. My whole family was a CBS soap household

by Anonymousreply 201April 17, 2020 8:14 PM

R200 Yeah, Colby Chester (Michael Crawford) was hot and had BDF. I found him even hotter with his 70s pornstache.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 17, 2020 8:37 PM

NOT bad for a dude in his 70s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 17, 2020 8:41 PM

Colby was so hot. Remember him in Executive Action and in the same year, All My Darling Daughters playing Lara Parker's husband. He was married to Lynn Benish who was Meredith on One Life to Live.

by Anonymousreply 204April 17, 2020 8:56 PM

R197

I heard on Twitter so take with a grain of salt. YR runs out of new content next Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 205April 17, 2020 9:19 PM

Colby switched gears and became a professional photographer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 17, 2020 9:24 PM

Part of the show’s plans for Scoche’s first months as nuMrs. C is to bring back the Colonnade Room. Victor and Nikki will be throwing a huge masquerade ball in honor of their friend Katherine. The idea is to pay homage to this classic event at the same time as they celebrate the return and reintroduction of an iconic character as the grande dame of the show.

by Anonymousreply 207April 17, 2020 10:59 PM

Can't believe they're going there....Miss Piggy to be a great grandmother. Summer preggers. Guess she'll lose the baby so Mel won't be upset.

by Anonymousreply 208April 17, 2020 11:27 PM

Y&R running out of new episodes next week sounds about right.

When LA went on lockdown and production was halted on March 16, it was reported Y&R had 4 to 5 weeks of episodes in the can. That would measure out to next week with Thursday falling on April 23.

Meanwhile GH was said to have 7 weeks in the can when it had to halt production on March 16. So, that would stretch out to about May 7. With "classic" episodes airing on Fridays and stretching one episode into two by adding tons of flashbacks, GH can probably stretch its new episodes out to May 28 or so.

by Anonymousreply 209April 17, 2020 11:35 PM

I will be your new Queen of Hearts as nuKatherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy, the Y&R matriarch. I may have been frozen on ice in the Chancellor basement, but I’m still the Grande Dame of Genoa City. And we’re still #1, guys.

by Anonymousreply 210April 18, 2020 2:51 AM

The truth is that the late Lee Phillip Bell promised the role of Katherine Chancellor to her dear friend Scoche Marin several years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 18, 2020 3:03 AM

I hope SONY and CBS are taking advantage of this down time to do some major retooling of this crapfest. (With respect to Ms. Marin.)

by Anonymousreply 212April 18, 2020 10:54 AM

Maybe I'm just dense, but I don't understand the joke. I do, however, applaud the person for being persistent.

by Anonymousreply 213April 18, 2020 3:09 PM

R213 None of us understand the joke or appreciate it. It's dumb as shit.

by Anonymousreply 214April 18, 2020 3:31 PM

What joke?

by Anonymousreply 215April 18, 2020 3:36 PM

What do you think Y&R will do when they run out of episodes? From what I hear, it's in like 2-3 weeks and production ain't gonna start anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 216April 18, 2020 4:02 PM

I don't get why they haven't started running more classic episodes so they can stretch the new episodes longer, like giving fans something new 2-3 days a week and then balancing the rest with classic episodes. Instead they're going to run out in the coming weeks and then presumably it will have to be all reruns.

I would have begun a more staggered schedule WEEKS ago and then they'd be airing new shit into the summer. DAYS is the only show that has enough taped to keep them going into fall.

by Anonymousreply 217April 18, 2020 4:36 PM

Thursday and friday could be used to have 2 consecutive days of the same story line... hopefully next Friday will show the next ep of yesterday's show for example

by Anonymousreply 218April 18, 2020 4:40 PM

Just curious... are the actors and crew still being paid? How is all that working out?

by Anonymousreply 219April 18, 2020 4:42 PM

I wonder if anyone has shaved Adam's ballsack lately. It's been almost three weeks. Is it growing stubble?

by Anonymousreply 220April 18, 2020 5:09 PM

I had forgotten how in shape Jess was back in the day. Her bare midriff was amazing yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 221April 18, 2020 5:15 PM

Starting THIS Monday Y&R should do new episodes M/W/F and classics on Tues/thurs. That should get them going for a few more weeks.

As for the cast/crew....the contract players are getting paid. They are guaranteed a minimum salary every week. Some of the behind the scenes people - like producers and writers - are similarly on contracts and getting a week salary. Lots of people - like camera people, prop people, etc - are part of unions. Whether they are getting paid I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 222April 18, 2020 5:39 PM

One of the sad things about watching the classic episodes is realizing that the budget for that one masquerade ball episode is probably the budget for a whole month's worth of episodes today.

by Anonymousreply 223April 18, 2020 9:31 PM

I don't really miss American daytime trying to replicate the glitz and glam of the Big 80's prime time soaps. It seemed like a budget disaster in the making. (Although, a key location shoot would be nice from time to time.) And really, what I miss more are all the minor characters who used to inhabit Genoa City and added to the canvas.

by Anonymousreply 224April 18, 2020 10:20 PM

It must have taken days to film that masquerade ball!

All the set ups and characters to place in the scene. It was great in the 1980s when the budget for soaps expanded enough to do such lavish parties. And weddings.

But looking back now, I just keep thinking about the time and costs of filming all that!

by Anonymousreply 225April 18, 2020 10:38 PM

R225

Tracey Bregman tweeted yesterday that yesterday's episode took 22 hours to film.

by Anonymousreply 226April 18, 2020 10:41 PM

[quote]Tracey Bregman tweeted yesterday that yesterday's episode took 22 hours to film.

That's actually faster than I would have imagined.

But at the same time, those lavish parties typically occurred over several episodes. So, it would have been three or four 22 hour days?

by Anonymousreply 227April 18, 2020 10:45 PM

She said 22 hours the first day then 14 hours the next.

by Anonymousreply 228April 18, 2020 11:33 PM

Some other trivia:

It took three hours of make-up to get Michael Corbett and Michael Damian to look like "The Beast." Damian was originally supposed to be "Elvis" until the script called for them to have the same outfit. As for Corbett, he said he swallowed one of the wolf's teeth while having to dine in costume.

The most expensive costume of the lot, rather surprisingly, was Doug Davidson's "Captain Intrepid" outfit, which was custom-made at an outside costume shop and cost $3500.

They used two different wigs for Tracey Bregman's "Marie Antoinette." The Y&R hairstylist powdered them like in the olden days to make them look authentic.

Beth Maitland had to stand most of the time because her "Mae West" outfit was so form-fitting that it prevented from sitting down. The dress came from "The Carol Burnett Show" and had been designed by Bob Mackie.

The most expensive rental outfit was Jess Walton's "Cleopatra", which cost $900. It was Y&R costumer Greg York's intent to show off Jess Walton's midriff, but he thought something was missing, so he added the jewel in her naval, attaching it with double-stick tape. They had several on hand in case one or more fell out and got lost during the shoot.

Greg also said it took forever to find the glass (plastic) slipper sitting atop Peter Bergman's "Prince Charming" pillow. He was pleased at how "campy" it looked. (He knew our Aunt Jack ... lol!)

by Anonymousreply 229April 18, 2020 11:47 PM

I was a GL fan in the 90's and used to bitch about the hooker dresses and pastel tents that the younger and older women, respectively, had to wear when Paul Rauch was producer. They were working with a budget of 12 cents an actor, even then, but compared to the look and feel of the soaps today, that was still the heyday apparently. And then came the Peapack years for GL, and it literally all went to shit.

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that they're still indoors at Y&R and not shooting behind bushes in public parks yet.

by Anonymousreply 230April 19, 2020 12:27 AM

R230 Budget may have played some role but I think more of it was Rauch's personal aesthetics (or lack thereof).

by Anonymousreply 231April 19, 2020 12:29 AM

R231 Yes good point. Younger blondes = bimbos with their boobs lifted up to their eyes and older women needed to be covered up with shrouds and blankets. At first they put Maeve Kinkead, one of the loveliest women in daytime, in orange pajamas and the fans had a fit, so they bought her 2 flight attendant looking suits that she rotated through for the next 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 232April 19, 2020 12:33 AM

R231 I agree. I doubt it was a budget thing. He was EP on GL from 1996-2002, and soap budgets didn't start really getting slashed until after 9/11, even though the ratings slide started in 1995 and the OJ trial.

by Anonymousreply 233April 19, 2020 12:38 AM

He had a thing for Beth Chamberlain. He was trying to make her look more like Sharon Case, or KK Lang, or one of the West Coast girls.

by Anonymousreply 234April 19, 2020 1:06 AM

I'm watching the 1999 GL episodes from that guy who posts them on YouTube, and everyone's got bleached hair and the dresses are so tight you can see their fallopian tubes. Yep Beth C. is the most egregious example for sure. Then the lighting was so harsh that everyone got washed out and people had no bone structure. The world according to Paul Rauch was trash.

by Anonymousreply 235April 19, 2020 1:23 AM

Michael Crawford attempts social distancing between Jill and Kay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 19, 2020 1:47 AM

YR & BB will both run out of episodes this Thursday.

YR will be showing classic episode arcs. The first one is about Katherine circa 1990. Each episode will be set up by a YR actor.

Dumb ass BB is starting with a non classic arc from 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 237April 20, 2020 5:26 PM

More info on the upcoming episodes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 20, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote]Who cares with his paunchy dad bod?

Joshua Morrow has a paunchy body now?

I'm surprised. He always kept himself in good shape. Any recent pics of his 'dad bod'?

by Anonymousreply 239April 21, 2020 9:39 AM

Darlings, I have been sailing after my recovery from COVID-19 and a few relatively minor rejuvenating procedures in preparation for my introduction as the new Katherine Chancellor. The air and sea are simply marvelous. I hope that you enjoy the show’s next week of classic episodes, a collection titled “Katherine the Great.” They are meant to reintroduce you to the character before I re-create the role later in the year. Be well, my adoring fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 21, 2020 12:39 PM

Jabottom feigning just having passionate sex with Slummer was one of the most hilarious scenes ever.

by Anonymousreply 241April 21, 2020 12:41 PM

I'm thrilled we are going to be going to classic episodes. No more Adam, Chelsea, Alyssa, Summer, Kyle, mute Dina, etc...

by Anonymousreply 242April 21, 2020 1:03 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing the battle for the mausoleum again. That was the first story were I accepted Jess Walton as Jill and not Kelly from Capitol pretending to be Jill.

by Anonymousreply 243April 21, 2020 11:25 PM

I understand that what Theo did was wrong, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. If he and Kyle were once such great friends, Kyle is just being an extra special jerk. Kyle seemed to have a glimmer of a conscience but then Summer brushed it away. He should understand that unlike him, Theo never had everything handed to him. Yes, Kyle has worked for Jabot, for years, but he was raised in the expectation that he would someday run the company. Theo never had the money or expectation of a family company. He's only known he was a member of the family for a couple of months.

by Anonymousreply 244April 23, 2020 12:33 AM

I felt sorry for Theo too. I really can’t watch Kyle and Summer anymore. In fact the show is so uninvolving anymore I’m looking forward to the probable months long break.

by Anonymousreply 245April 23, 2020 12:37 AM

Goof grief. They can't even feature Gloria at the family party celebrating daughter-in-law Chloe's pregnancy?

John would have wanted it that way.

by Anonymousreply 246April 23, 2020 5:32 AM

Yeah, Kyle is just revolting now. He's acting all superior because Theo did something underhanded was rich considering all the underhanded shit Kyle did to Billy regarding his addiction.

Kyle & Summer are just so gross to me. Pampered petulant brats. Plus, they have zero sexual chemistry.

I'm looking forward to the hiatus because I detest all things Adam, the Newmans and Kyle and Summer.

by Anonymousreply 247April 23, 2020 12:44 PM

How are we supposed to root for Kyle and Summer? They have zero redeeming qualities.

So were the rumors about Sasha Cal;e being a bitch true? How else to explain the 360 on Kola?

by Anonymousreply 248April 23, 2020 1:21 PM

R248

I think those "rumors" were put forth by the Kyle/Summer loons and the bigot fans of YR. If you ever read any comments anytime YR puts up a pic of Rey or Lola (Eduardo & Mia) there was a whole contingent of assholes saying they needed to return to their home country. Very Trump-like pro-imigration.

Judging by social media Sasha is close to Jordi, Camryn, Hunter, Cait, Tyler,etc..

by Anonymousreply 249April 23, 2020 2:25 PM

JaBottom with his beard reminds me of Brysen at Sean Cody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 23, 2020 7:14 PM

Hilarious how for several years now, Soap Opera Digest typically just put a bunch of heads on their cover and airbrush accordingly so that everyone looks "young."

And who gives a shit if Sharon turns to Nick? She should be turning to Adam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251April 23, 2020 9:59 PM

For all the hoopla they get, classic episodes drag ratings down. Pity.

Monday: 2.92/3,986,000

Tuesday: 2.98/4,079,000

Wednesday: 2.87/4,024,000

Thursday: 2.76/3,780,000

Friday: 2.23/3,053,000 (repeat) - Masquerade Ball.

by Anonymousreply 252April 23, 2020 11:03 PM

R252 Can't really judge how they will do in the ratings until next week when it will be all classic episodes. Plus the Masquerade Ball episode was a weird one to choose. I would only choose something like it if I was going to air the entire two or three day event.

by Anonymousreply 253April 24, 2020 12:33 AM

Braeden tweets that he wants Goddard back.

This is almost funny.

I can't imagine he knows much of anything about the character of Cane or "why he should be with us" other than the fact that he misses having ass-kissers around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 24, 2020 4:41 PM

Braeden and Goddard probably shared only a handful of scenes together. I’m sure Goddard kissed everyone’s ass, considering him and the character should’ve been kicked to the curb like 10 years ago. How happy can Braeden be nowadays anyway considering Victor has been sidelined at home with Miss Piggy constantly .

by Anonymousreply 255April 24, 2020 6:56 PM

I think Goddard must have been a problem for others behind the scenes, especially Christel Khalil. Just two years ago she went recurring and wanted to spend less time doing the show. Now that they got rid of Goddard, she has returned in a more high profile way in a major business story. In the past month or so, she seems to have appeared as much as in the entire last year.

by Anonymousreply 256April 24, 2020 7:06 PM

While Goddard incessantly pandered to the Laniacs 24/7 (and still does), I think Khalil (quietly) knew just how limiting the dull, saccharine relationship was in terms of storyline.

For her part, Khalil had already been part of another fan-favorite pairing (with Michael Graziadei's Daniel) and presently, she's already showing potential with Jason Thompson's Billy.

And while I don't think she'd ever diss LANE (or Goddard), at this point, she'd probably be loathe to want him back, because a reunion is all his annoying fan base would clamor for.

So while she embraces working with other screen partners, he's stuck on LANE, and as seen last year, he became his own worst enemy by not doing so with the Traci material.

by Anonymousreply 257April 24, 2020 7:53 PM

I guess I don't understand why people came down so hard on him for not wanting a Cane/Traci storyline. He probably could have handled things more professionally. But that story has been done to death.

by Anonymousreply 258April 24, 2020 8:45 PM

Goddard got nearly a whole decade beyond when he originally got canned back in early 2011.

Putting the OPERA in soap opera!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 24, 2020 9:25 PM

R258 Because he should play what is written for him, especially since it was the only way to keep him employed. Plus, Traci is one of the most beloved characters in soap history. If the idiot had sucked it up and played the story he would still have a job. It wasn't like he was a major star.

by Anonymousreply 260April 24, 2020 9:31 PM

We saw MS's old nose in today's flashback.

by Anonymousreply 261April 25, 2020 1:22 AM

Her head looked really square.

by Anonymousreply 262April 25, 2020 6:29 PM

Monday April 27 -- Episode from March 1, 1990 features Katherine’s escape, Cassandra in danger, and Cricket happy to see Danny again.

Tuesday April 28 -- Episode from July 5, 2004 features Katherine’s intervention and Daniel learning Danny’s not his biological father.

Wednesday April 29 -- Episode from July 6, 2004 in which Katherine’s intervention continues, Cricket and Phyllis argue, and Nick confronts Cameron.

Thursday April 30 -- Episode from April 3, 2009 featuring Katherine and Jill’s cake fight, and everyone gathering for Billy and Chloe’s wedding.

Friday May 1 -- Episode from May 4, 2009 surrounding Katherine and Murphy’s wedding, and Victor learning Neil was hired by Katherine.

===========================

Unless one knows the stories from Monday's episode the whole thing comes off like a curiosity. Mark Derwin fans may enjoy seeing him as Cassandra's other 'bad' lover, Adrian Hunter.

The two episodes of Kay's 2004 intervention are only memorable due to the rainbow kaftan she was wearing along with Angels Rex and Phillip using the Chancellor dining room as their portal from heaven! (Yes, Phillip is still dead at this point .. lol!) .. I'm thinking Hot Cameron Kirsten might interest me more.

Thursday and Friday don't really grab me at all. The cake fight was farce, and I'd rather see Kay marriage to Rex Sterling, whom I consider to be the true love of her life.

by Anonymousreply 263April 26, 2020 7:43 PM

I loved the Cassandra Rawlins story. She was one of the most gorgeous women to ever appear on Daytime IMO.

by Anonymousreply 264April 26, 2020 10:43 PM

I had forgotten how normal Kate Linder was before all the awful teeth work & plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 265April 27, 2020 6:09 PM

Linder's Daytime Emmy win will undoubtedly happen this year, but alas, she'll have give it to herself in her own living room after opening the Fedex box.

by Anonymousreply 266April 27, 2020 11:29 PM

CBS All Access is pissing me off. They were uploading the classic Friday episodes, but they didn't upload this Friday or Monday. So, I'm having to watch live, and I haven't watched a soap live in years.

I can't believe it but I had almost forgotten about Daniel, until today. When was the last time Phyllis mentioned him? Most of the time, lately, it almost seems like Summer is Phyllis' only child.

Also, I had forgotten that Bryton James/Devon was actually good and engaging when he started.

by Anonymousreply 267April 28, 2020 5:11 PM

^^^ If you don't want to watch live just TiVo it.

I've been told CBS.com uploads the classic episodes daily. but they aren't listed with the current season. You have to look up in the past season.

by Anonymousreply 268April 28, 2020 5:49 PM

R267 I remember Graz returned for several episodes when Gina was playing Phyllis. Daniel showed up at Summer and Luca's engagement party. (He also attended Mel's 40th party last year looking more hipster than ever.)

Now there's a thought! Bring back Hot Luca, and he can bottom for Theo to make Kyle jealous!

by Anonymousreply 269April 28, 2020 6:29 PM

Who wants to watch me shave this nutbag?

by Anonymousreply 270April 28, 2020 7:24 PM

R270

Nah, I'm enjoying an Adam free YR.

by Anonymousreply 271April 28, 2020 7:56 PM

Next week's theme is being referred to as "Victor and Nikki: A Lifetime of Love" with each episode centered on them (ho-hum).

Oh, well. Some of the other material shown in the episodes may be interesting. And look! They're actually giving us an episode from 1981!

Monday, May 4: Nikki visits Newman Ranch for the first time as Victor tests their chemistry with help from Colonel Douglas Austin (Michael Evans). (Original air date: October 31, 1981)

Tuesday, May 5: Nikki dreams of reuniting with Victor after Ashley (Eileen Davidson) is out of the picture, and Phillip (Thom Bierdz) makes plans for a future with Cricket (Lauralee Bell). (Original air date: August 17, 1987)

Wednesday, May 6: Nikki takes center stage at the Colonnade Room, Drucilla (Victoria Rowell) finds herself in trouble, and Sheila (Kimberlin Brown) distracts Scott (Peter Barton) from Lauren (Tracey Bregman). (Original air date: June 2, 1990)

Thursday, May 7: Victor and Nikki cannot deny their attraction, Nick (Joshua Morrow) and Sharon’s (Sharon Case) marriage is on the rocks, and Katherine (Jeanne Cooper) interferes in Jill’s (Jess Walton) relationship with Keith Dennison (Granville Van Dusen). (Original air date: April 14, 1998)

Friday, May 8: Victor and Nikki are remarried at the iconic Colonnade Room while Ashley (Davidson) struggles with a secret. (Original air date: September 5, 2002)

by Anonymousreply 272April 28, 2020 7:56 PM

R270 Y&R should broadcast an "At-home with Sharon and Mark" episode where she shaves it. Ratings would be through the roof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 28, 2020 8:32 PM

I used to get SOD in the store weekly but decided to do a subscription to save money but IF i get it in the mail, I get it Tuesday or Wednesday of the NEXT week or lately not at all. I was thinking of seeing if I could switch my subscription to a digital subscription to see if that would be better... Anyone here still get SOD digitally? If so when do you get it? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 274April 28, 2020 9:01 PM

R274 Zinio (??) can do a digital subscription, I think. It also sells digital copies of each issue.

BUT

If you have a local library card, check to see if they allow you to read magazines online with a thing called RB Digital. I have been reading Digest that way for a few weeks now, had no idea before the virus that this was possible. A new issue is loaded onto the platform every Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 275April 28, 2020 9:05 PM

And the library thing is, as the tax preparation commercials say, FREE, FREE FREE, FREE FREE FREE

by Anonymousreply 276April 28, 2020 9:05 PM

R256 Yeah, in that recent interview with Khalil, there's no mention of Cane or Goddard .. lol! .. She's even moving back to L.A. now. She's thrilled at the prospect of what the show is doing with Lily. Excerpt:

[quote] Khalil is elated that Lily is getting into big business by running a media company with Billy. “It’s something I’ve always wanted for Lily, so it’s nice to actually have that,” she enthuses. “Plus, I thought it was great for there to be a job to show more women in power as well, which is something that Josh was really wanting to do. And then also to work with Jason [Thompson, Billy] has been wonderful. I love Jason. He’s such a great actor. He’s so easy to work with and he’s fun. So, I was like, ‘YEAH IT WOULD BE GREAT TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.' I was really excited.

by Anonymousreply 277April 28, 2020 9:24 PM

Y&R was pre-empted In Boston yesterday and today due to coronavirus updates from our Governor.

by Anonymousreply 278April 28, 2020 10:11 PM

R274, I stopped subscribing to SOD *years* ago for the very same reason. Gotta wonder how they have any subscribers at all if they've never bothered to fix such a basic problem.

I think I might check out R275's library idea.

by Anonymousreply 279April 28, 2020 10:54 PM

I think part of the delivery problem is how the USPS handles that kind of mail now. Soap Opera Digest is more than likely delivered using "Periodical Class" postage, and there's no guaranteed delivery of that class of mail within a specified time. They do it when they get around to it, and this can vary by location.

by Anonymousreply 280April 29, 2020 10:45 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281April 30, 2020 2:59 AM

My mind is foggy. Mac thanked Katherine for welcoming her into the family & loving her like a grandmother.

I thought Mac was Brock's daughter? Was she adopted? Who are her parents?

by Anonymousreply 282April 30, 2020 9:48 AM

R282 Probably just a phrasing, since Mac didn't grow up with a grandmother in her life, so before she and Kay connected, she didn't know what that was "like". - jmho

Anyway, as you say, Kay was Mac's grandmother, via Brock. .. Mac's biological parents are Brock Reynolds and Amanda Browning. Mac's evil stepfather while growing up was Ralph Hunnicutt.

This episode (once again) shows how stupid the writing was to have Kay leave BILLIONS to barely-there grandson, Devon, when she had a much longer and deeper connection with granddaughter Mackenzie. These two grandchildren should have been treated equally in Kay's will.

by Anonymousreply 283April 30, 2020 8:58 PM

Speaking of shaved ballsacks, I wonder GayKyle's partner shaves his?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284April 30, 2020 10:24 PM

R284 Has there been a non-gay Kyle?

by Anonymousreply 285April 30, 2020 11:34 PM

R285 Blake Hood.

by Anonymousreply 286April 30, 2020 11:48 PM

Blake Hood’s firing made no sense at the time. He was well liked, handsome and great in the role.

by Anonymousreply 287April 30, 2020 11:54 PM

R287 Yes it was very odd. .. But since Blake was in the role for exactly a year, I've wondered if he simply didn't want to stick with daytime and opted to not renew his contract; or maybe he asked for a raise, and they just shut him down?

by Anonymousreply 288May 1, 2020 12:23 AM

This mix of the Y&R themes by our social-distancing cast is pretty funny. I like how Greg included his husband and son. Chrissy's gone grey. Joshua's not shaving. And Lauralee's dogs are a nice touch. The tune seems popular with a lot of dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289May 1, 2020 1:14 AM

R289 It seems to be a popular tune with dogs and babies. It was the one thing that would stop my dog in his tracks and he would sit transfixed until it stopped. My mother babysat a cousin who would cry like crazy for an hour or more at the time, until we discovered she would stop as soon as she heard the Y&R theme. We bought one of those soap themes CDs and would play it all the time, to get her to shut up!

by Anonymousreply 290May 1, 2020 1:20 AM

R290 I haven't looked lately, but there used to be quite a collection of videos on youtube showing dogs singing along with the Y&R theme when "their show" came on.

by Anonymousreply 291May 1, 2020 3:17 AM

Vanessa Prentiss saves Monday's episode, but then I've never been a big fan of Victor and Nikki, so the material with them is like fluff. .. I do enjoy scenes with Douglas, though, so that was a treat.

I'm guessing most people will be scratching their heads over the Wayne, Dorothy, April Stevens storyline involving April's twin sister, Barbara. btw - Paul ended up cheating on his wife, April, with his new-found sister-in-law, Barbara, at some point. .. And as I recall, the entire Stevens family was written out sometime the following year. .. Barbara ended up being wealthy, and she asked Wayne, Dorothy, and April (with toddler Heather) to move to New York with her. Paul didn't seem to mind... lol!

by Anonymousreply 292May 3, 2020 6:26 AM

Who was the mother of Paul's son?

by Anonymousreply 293May 3, 2020 12:50 PM

R293 Eva Longorias character.

by Anonymousreply 294May 3, 2020 1:14 PM

Vanessa will be in Monday's episode? Is this before veil or after?

by Anonymousreply 295May 3, 2020 2:05 PM

R295 After the veil. .. And Monday's episode isn't that far away from when she flings herself over the balcony to frame Lorie for murder.

by Anonymousreply 296May 3, 2020 7:21 PM

One more question. Do they stretch the episode for 16:9 or do they present it as it originally aired? Are the edits for time obvious?

by Anonymousreply 297May 3, 2020 7:26 PM

R293 And the mother of Paul's other son, Cult Baby Dylan, is Nikki.

It's funny how Hero Paul didn't raise ANY of his three kids, and they've never followed through with him having a kid with the Incredible & Amazing Christine. (She miscarried once after getting run over by drunk Neil and Nikki.)

by Anonymousreply 298May 3, 2020 7:32 PM

Paul and Christine should adopt an older kid or inherit a nephew or something.

Time for new blood but keep them in parental roles.

by Anonymousreply 299May 3, 2020 8:50 PM

Morina-Griffith seem to be going along with Mal Young's dismissal of Dougie and don't have it in mind to play "Paul" or extend the character's role. In that one episode he did back in February, he was basically an underfive.

by Anonymousreply 300May 3, 2020 9:24 PM

R300

Paul is useless IMO. Just because he's been on the show for 30+ years doesn't mean he's interesting. His wife is played by an actress who doesn't want to be on screen but very rarely and his character has no other family. His only purpose is that of the occasional police chief. Rey is more than capable of handling that.

by Anonymousreply 301May 4, 2020 12:04 AM

Literally, everything they've ever tried to attach to Paul has failed.

Dougie can complain all he wants, but his days are way in the past.

by Anonymousreply 302May 4, 2020 3:37 PM

There should be a way to incorporate the Chief of Police more. I've never seen a soap where a character becomes Chief and is seen so little.

by Anonymousreply 303May 4, 2020 4:58 PM

R303

YR doesn't have much crime like GH and Days.

YR and BB have gardly any crime based stories.

by Anonymousreply 304May 4, 2020 5:25 PM

R304 That is fairly new, I remember Y&R having much more crime than now. There was rarely a year without a murder, kidnapping, blackmail, corporate espionage, drugs, or a combination.

by Anonymousreply 305May 4, 2020 5:30 PM

Y&R only added crime in the early 80s when it went to an hour and had to fill up time. That's when we got Carl Williams and his boss Commander Lewis. The material with the Genoa City Mob always came off like an add-on to me. While you're going to have to have police around when crimes are committed, they don't really need to be full-time. In fact, I kinda like seeing police and detectives who are generally uninvolved in the other stories and core families, because it comes off unrealistic when they're investigating or charging people they know or are related to with crimes. IRL, those type of conflicts of interest are immeditate red flags and aren't allowed It's the same way with the district attorney role.

by Anonymousreply 306May 4, 2020 6:57 PM

Everything changed in the 80s. We got crime and we got skylines. Up until that point the Chancellor's owned "the factory" where Liz worked. There was none of that global international business stuff.

by Anonymousreply 307May 4, 2020 7:00 PM

R307 They went a little global-international when playboy Lance Prentiss was first introduced in '76. .. Prentiss Industries had a private jet, and he'd always be jetting off to see Leslie in concert somewhere and/or taking trips with Laurie someplace while being part of the mile-high club.

by Anonymousreply 308May 4, 2020 7:10 PM

TERRY !! .. Too bad the material has to do with that Ellen chick from the soup kitchen. ... That interlude was BORRRRING!

Hot Matt!

Ashley commenting on Nikki in the casket: "She makes a beautiful corpse". LOL!

Then there's Danny and Phillip .. Comes off like two bottoms each vying for Cricket Blair to be his beard.

Kay in her Eva Gabor wig .. Dear Gawd in Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 309May 5, 2020 1:19 AM

It's been so long. Can someone refresh my memory on the Lance/Leslie/Lorie triangle?

by Anonymousreply 310May 5, 2020 2:27 AM

It was good to see Dennis Cole in all of his studliness again.

by Anonymousreply 311May 5, 2020 4:02 AM

I watched the entire episode. I posted this in another thread... It was great hearing those old cues and I loved the way it was paced, and we got to hear some of that classic Bill Bell dialogue that only works on Y&R. The best part about that episode was that I want to see what happened next. That is so rare for Y&R these days.

by Anonymousreply 312May 5, 2020 4:07 AM

I have to wonder what some of the nursing home viewers thought was going on, if they missed Victor's intro. They had to think they were being transported back in time.

by Anonymousreply 313May 5, 2020 4:16 AM

Since I was little when this originally aired, I guess I never really understood why Vanessa hated Lorie so much.

by Anonymousreply 314May 5, 2020 4:18 AM

[quote] ... and we got to hear some of that classic Bill Bell dialogue that only works on Y&R.

"I've always felt like a square peg being pounded into a round hole."

Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 315May 5, 2020 7:21 AM

I know, I must have watched Terry Lester as Jack, since he stayed until 1989, and we watched everyday when I was a little child. But, I just don't remember him, to me Peter Bergman is Jack. And, I know some of you will terribly disagree with me, but based on today's episode Bergman was better looking. He wasn't on enough for me to really compare the acting. We never watched Santa Barbara and I didn't watch ATWT when he was on, so I can't judge his acting. The only show that I know, I have watched, that he did, was an episode of Star Trek: Voyager, but he was an alien and didn't make a huge impression on me. Am I really missing something? Was he really special as Jack? Are there some clips on Youtube, showing his greatness?

I will say, it took years for my mother to quit calling Bergman "Cliff."

by Anonymousreply 316May 5, 2020 5:18 PM

Aunt Cliff became Aunt Jack!

by Anonymousreply 317May 5, 2020 5:32 PM

R316

I've watched Terry & Peter's Jack and I've always preferred Terry's. Both men are incredibly talented but Terry got to play all the delicious soapy shit. His Jack would did it all & didn't give a fuck if it hurt someone. Even putting his own desires ahead of loved ones. He was the perfect amoral bad boy.

by Anonymousreply 318May 5, 2020 5:35 PM

Terry's Jack had that slightly icky level that was delicious.

Terry was way better looking IMHO in his early Y&R days. He looked a lot like porn star Jack Wrangler.

Bergman's Jack was a little more racy, cheeky prep school boy grown up. Which still fit the role, but was different than Terry's interpretation.

by Anonymousreply 319May 5, 2020 5:57 PM

My issue was that Bell started to change the character of Jack to fit Bergman's "Prince Charming" persona. (Note the costume they had him wearing at the Masquerade Ball .. lol!)

Lester's Jack was this scoundrel playboy banging models, cheating on his young wife, fucking his stepmother, plotting to have a secret vasectomy so he wouldn't have any kids, and Jabot was just a means to wealthy lifestyle. For awhile there, he was even involved with Mama Dina at Mergeron, actually plotting against and stealing from Daddy's company.

But when Bergman took over, he didn't read sexy scoundrel. Instead, Jack was suddenly married to Nikki and lactating over her having his babies: one was lost to miscarriage, then another stillborn. This NuVersion of NuJack may have played well with Fraus, but it took the character in a somewhat eye-rolling NuDirection. And after these first few years, it got even worse with Bell's sappy, saccharine Vietnam retcon. I can't even imagine Lester playing that.

I didn't really accept Bergman or see "Jack" in the role until Alden became HW and played him in her Newman Enterprises takeover storyline where Jack was plotting with Brad Carlton and Michael Baldwin and using former lover, Diane Jenkins, once again to mount a coup. That was old school Jack.

by Anonymousreply 320May 5, 2020 6:49 PM

It's a shame that one of those babies didn't live. A Jack and Nikki kid would be interesting to have on canvas.

by Anonymousreply 321May 5, 2020 6:58 PM

Terry and Thom were so hot

by Anonymousreply 322May 5, 2020 7:14 PM

Terry Lester looked like he stepped out of a Town & Country Magazine. You could see him as Jack Abbott. This is why I guffawed during the Jack was in Vietnam and had a relationship while there storyline. I think they've retconned that story to not have happened, but Jack Abbott would not have gone to Vietnam. He would have fucked a ton of Vietnamese women, but Vietnam, the conflict? No.

by Anonymousreply 323May 5, 2020 7:18 PM

Old Jack would have played every student deferment ploy available to avoid going to Vietnam.

by Anonymousreply 324May 5, 2020 7:46 PM

R320

You used the perfect word. Terry's Jack was a scoundrel. An amoral scoundrel who made delicious viewing.

by Anonymousreply 325May 5, 2020 8:04 PM

R321 Around 2009-10, when MAB was doing her "gay" material, I thought they should do a story where the baby boy that got Jack & Nikki's stillborn baby's heart via transplant (1993) show up as a homeless 16-year old who'd been kicked out of the house because he was gay.

Attorney Rafe, would have encountered young "Jack" (the boy's given name) through his work at legal aid/social services and discovered his link to Jack and Nikki. Of course, since "Jack" got their baby's heart, our onetime couple would naturally have been drawn to the teen, offering to jointly foster him.

Young Jack (we could change his name) would have been a good character to have around when Noah returned from New York a couple years later (2012) apparently about to come out himself. These two would have been about the right age for one another.

by Anonymousreply 326May 5, 2020 8:06 PM

We should have discovered that Jack and Nikki's stillborn baby was actually alive, because Victor had the baby stolen and put up for adoption to break the connection between Jack and Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 327May 5, 2020 8:41 PM

R327 They made a big deal of the heart transplant as something of a PSA related to transplant donation for newborns. .. And a few years later, they even had Nikki contact the mother asking her to bring the slightly-sorased young boy out to The Ranch to cheer Aunt Jack up for some reason. The boy appeared to be about six or seven then, and needless to say, Jackie was verklempt.

by Anonymousreply 328May 5, 2020 9:10 PM

[QUOTE] It's a shame that one of those babies didn't live. A Jack and Nikki kid would be interesting to have on canvas.

On DAYS that would not be a problem at all. See: Georgia-cum-Chelsea, Bo and Billie’s miscarriage that survived being buried alive in the Bayou.

by Anonymousreply 329May 5, 2020 9:39 PM

R324 I can see that, but at the same time John was such an old school type guy I could have seen him pulling strings so that Jack would go to Vietnam. He was the type to believe that it would make a man out of Jack and straighten him out.

by Anonymousreply 330May 5, 2020 10:40 PM

For me, the best part of today's classic episode was seeing Mamie, again. Forget Dina, Mamie is the real mother of the Abbott household!

by Anonymousreply 331May 6, 2020 5:12 PM

Personally, I never felt the same emotional connection with Fake Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 332May 6, 2020 6:40 PM

R332 I guess it depends on what you remember and started watching. Much like Peter Bergman as Jack or Jess Walton as Jill, Veronica Redd is the Mamie I really remember and love.

by Anonymousreply 333May 6, 2020 6:46 PM

I called Veronica Redd, mean Mamie. The other Mamie was nice and motherly. Redd seemed like she was one step away from taking off her earrings to beat a bitch down.

by Anonymousreply 334May 6, 2020 7:01 PM

That's probably because with Redd, the role was expanded to include her aunt/quasi-maternal role providing conflict with Dru, as well as the sibling-tension with Lille Belle, and a more demonstrative and verbal antagonism with Jill.

by Anonymousreply 335May 6, 2020 7:12 PM

For the person upthread who asked about the difference between Lester's Jack and Bergman's Jack-look no further than today's episode.

As Nikki was stripping today we saw Jack looking pained, embarrassed & holding her purse. Lester's Jack would've been cheering her on and/or getting a kick out of her show. Especially knowing at least for that period in time he was married to Nikki and it was eating Victor alive. He'd have gloated.

by Anonymousreply 336May 6, 2020 7:15 PM

[quote] Redd seemed like she was one step away from taking off her earrings to beat a bitch down.

Yaaaaas hunty!

by Anonymousreply 337May 6, 2020 7:26 PM

fake Phyllis alert!!

by Anonymousreply 338May 7, 2020 5:54 PM

I liked Nelson in the role of Phylliis. She elevated the character beyond cartoon level. She also started the more mature relationships with both LaBaldwin and Aunt Jack, as well as the original feud with Real Diane. I'd like to see the scenes with her Phyllis and Sasha Green again.

by Anonymousreply 339May 7, 2020 7:20 PM

good god... Ashley's hair in today's ep! It was nice to see Isabella

by Anonymousreply 340May 8, 2020 6:09 PM

Thankfully, they have now added all the vintage episodes to CBS All Access.

by Anonymousreply 341May 8, 2020 6:19 PM

Who is Isabella?

Also, what is the classic line-up for next week? Don’t they usually announce by now?

by Anonymousreply 342May 8, 2020 6:32 PM

It is Rivals week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343May 8, 2020 6:40 PM

Nikki versus Sharon from 2012? No one gives a fuck about that. I want old-school Jill v. Katherine from the 80s. THAT is a rivalry.

by Anonymousreply 344May 8, 2020 6:44 PM

Why does Sharon’s mom look Mexican?

by Anonymousreply 345May 8, 2020 6:48 PM

She looks German-Polish to me.

by Anonymousreply 346May 8, 2020 6:57 PM

R340 she had cancer at the time at it was a wig from chemo. She did the tape revealing Abbys father in case she died.

by Anonymousreply 347May 8, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote] good god... Ashley's hair in today's ep!

She looked that way on purpose due to the storyline: Ashley had cancer, lost all her hair, and was wearing a wig.

by Anonymousreply 348May 8, 2020 6:59 PM

R342 Isabella is who Eva Whatsersnatch played before Desperate Hosewives.

by Anonymousreply 349May 8, 2020 7:00 PM

R342 Isabella is the call girl Michael enlisted to seduce Paul, while Christine was working some legal case abroad. In real life, (LLB had gone on maternity leave.) Michael knew Isabella from Michigan when he'd gotten her out of some legal fix, so she owed him. Anyway, it worked and Isabella ended up preggers with Paul's baby, and apparently did fall in love with Paul. Their baby boy was Ricardo Carl Williams (Ricky).

by Anonymousreply 350May 8, 2020 7:07 PM

How and why Paul didn't want to stay with hot tamale Isabella and raise Ricky with her was rather unbelievable. He could have come home to this every night instead of Cousin Itt. .. One of Paul and Isabella's sex scenes where she straddled him naked on a massage table she'd set up ranks right up there as one of the hottest ones this show ever did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 8, 2020 7:27 PM

Is it me or are many of the classics repeats of previous classics? Certain they usually show the frying pan and theimposter and the Jill and Kay fight in the attic, as well as victor and Nikki‘s first wedding. Had not seen anything with Vanessa Prentiss before or expected too. But they have What fifty years x close to 300 episodes a year and we still have to see the same thing again? They can’t even go to the well properly.

by Anonymousreply 352May 10, 2020 12:45 PM

The first ones, especially, are going to be the ones they have already digitized. They might be working on some other episodes.

by Anonymousreply 353May 10, 2020 5:08 PM

I read this on Twitter. There is a whole process that goes into making those old episodes TV ready.

1) They have to decide which episode(s). And the core of the episode has to be recognizable to the current audience and contain a key moment in history.

2) The episode has to be cleared.

3) Then the episode has to be digitized and then edited for content and time.

by Anonymousreply 354May 10, 2020 5:20 PM

I loved that Vanessa Prentiss episode. I was not watching the show at that time (I was only three years old when that episode aired), but I read up on the storyline while I was watching and it seemed really good.

I somehow recognized the actress playing Vanessa as the niece of Joan Crawford’s character in Harriet Craig (I have really good facial recall).

by Anonymousreply 355May 10, 2020 7:19 PM

K.T. Stevens also played a monster mother - Helen Martin - on Days of our Lives. She was the real life mom of volleyball/actor hunk Christian Marlowe. Thank you K.T.!

by Anonymousreply 356May 11, 2020 5:21 AM

most of the classic scenes would not happen today... Michael going to the reverend, the marriage guy etc... they just bypass those scenes now to save money on under 5s

by Anonymousreply 357May 11, 2020 8:46 PM

Regarding background players. the Australian soap that recently went back into production during the era of COVID (Neighbors) has found that one way to limit the number of outsiders in the studio is to use procution crew as background players rather than hire outside actors.

by Anonymousreply 358May 11, 2020 9:05 PM

Would union rules allow that for our productions R358?

by Anonymousreply 359May 11, 2020 9:25 PM

I think if there's no speaking involved, then it's okay, because we've previously seen relatives, friends, and the show's hair and makeup crew in scenes before.

by Anonymousreply 360May 11, 2020 10:40 PM

Watching these flashback episodes, the only sets that still look the same or very similar, are the Abbott living room, Sharon's house, and Victor's office. Did I miss any other ones? They did do a good job of returning the Chancellor Estate back to the original decor style, but it is clearly not the same set or setup. I still miss the old Ranch.

by Anonymousreply 361May 11, 2020 11:57 PM

I don't know what they cut from Tuesday's episode to fit the reduced time, but they should have clipped everything related to the gawd awful Rainbow Gardens story. That was one of Bell's absolute worst.

by Anonymousreply 362May 12, 2020 6:59 PM

R362 They wouldn't cut it because isn't the Rainbow Gardens, the basis of the current New Hope project?

by Anonymousreply 363May 12, 2020 11:58 PM

There's no doubt Don Diamont is a hot daddy, but I was stunned at how gorgeous he looked on the episode replayed on Tuesday, May 12th.

by Anonymousreply 364May 13, 2020 8:11 PM

Since the show seems to have been trying to thankfully bury Victor and Sharon's relationship and get the audience to block it out of our memory, I am surprised they chose today's episode. Though, I loved Sharon and Nikki's catfight.

It is still shocking to see how much higher of a budget they seemed to have had just eight years ago. For, instance, we hear about the horses and stables all the time, but when was the last time we actually saw a horse.

by Anonymousreply 365May 13, 2020 9:52 PM

[quote]There's no doubt Don Diamont is a hot daddy, but I was stunned at how gorgeous he looked on the episode replayed on Tuesday, May 12th.

My mouth dropped open when he first appeared. I also had forgotten how stunning he was.

by Anonymousreply 366May 14, 2020 12:17 AM

Can you imagine him then in pool scenes in a speedo in the 80s?

by Anonymousreply 367May 14, 2020 12:19 AM

R365 that cat fight was beyond lame and couldn’t be more contrived or ACTED.

by Anonymousreply 368May 14, 2020 12:19 AM

R368 To me it was fun. Plus, Sharon and Nikki can be forgiven for acting out of it, since Nikki was a drunk at the time and Sharon was crazy.

by Anonymousreply 369May 14, 2020 12:41 AM

So Sharon has had the father and both sons. That must make Thanksgiving awkward.

by Anonymousreply 370May 14, 2020 2:30 AM

R370 She's the slut of Genoa City!

by Anonymousreply 371May 14, 2020 3:05 AM

I was on TV Tropes and I ran across this entry under Changing the Minority...

[quote] An egregious example with The Young and the Restless. The mistress of an ostensibly Happily Married man was initially played by an African-American actress. Halfway through her run, she was recast with a white one—who ironically strongly resembled her thanks to similar skin tones and hair texture—but the character was still regarded as African-American.

Does anyone know what character they are talking about? I can't remember this happening. Maybe it was before my time.

by Anonymousreply 372May 14, 2020 3:07 AM

It was the character who Nate, Sr. cheated on Olivia with I think. I believe they were doing an HIV storyline.

by Anonymousreply 373May 14, 2020 3:12 AM

R367 Yes, I most certainly can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374May 14, 2020 3:16 AM

R373 Thanks, I remember the story but it never dawned on me that the actresses weren't the same race because they looked so much alike.

by Anonymousreply 375May 14, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote]So Sharon has had the father and both sons.

She slept through all the men in the family? Father and the sons?!?! Wow!

Imagine! Doing something like that!

by Anonymousreply 376May 14, 2020 3:25 AM

I wonder, did she compare sizes? Techniques? Victor, Nicholas, Adam? Who's bigger? Who fucks better?

by Anonymousreply 377May 14, 2020 3:32 AM

[R367]: I remember it, well.

by Anonymousreply 378May 14, 2020 3:41 AM

R372 I remember it more the way the second actress, Jennifer Gatti, says in the attached interview, because I really don't recall them making a point of what Keesha was supposed to be. Perhaps the implication was she was biracial. But in any event, like Gatti says, the first actress, Wanda Acuna is from Puerto Rican and was a Mexican Beauty Queen. Perhaps she's mixed, but if you look at her IMDb profile many of the character she's played have Hispanic names.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379May 14, 2020 3:44 AM

And Acuna really does look more Hispanic (imho).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380May 14, 2020 3:46 AM

Oh, THERE's Don Diamont's original hair and face at R374!

by Anonymousreply 381May 14, 2020 3:52 AM

Kay looks like a man, or at least a butch lesbian, in that blue shirt with no make-up or jewelry.

Clueless & LeBug's Big Beautiful Condo is one elegant set. I remember being surprised when they got rid of it, thinking that some other character(s) would be moved into it. What a waste.

King Victor and Aunt Jack come off like they really just need to GO GET A ROOM!

MARY! ... And her pot roast. Although I would have preferred spare ribs and sauerkraut.

Oh, and the current powers-that-be need to bring back the old music cues. If today's audience were to "hear" Classic Y&R in scenes, they might think they're watching something akin to it.

by Anonymousreply 382May 14, 2020 7:38 PM

I loved the old music cues. Especially one in particular that was very slow and haunting, but then would have a very dramatic crescendo at some point.

by Anonymousreply 383May 14, 2020 7:40 PM

I agree about the music. It really elevates the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 384May 14, 2020 7:45 PM

“Winters Week” for next weeks theme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385May 14, 2020 7:51 PM

Would they have the balls to do a Jill versus Katherine week with Brenda?

by Anonymousreply 386May 14, 2020 8:39 PM

They didn't cut Brenda out of the Victor-Nikki wedding episode. And they could have, because with all of these old episodes they have to cute several minutes out of them to fit the current ad-load.

by Anonymousreply 387May 14, 2020 9:11 PM

Friday's non-classic sure was one, big, boring mess ... well, unless you're a fan of Sharon's breasts, which were on near-full display .. lol!

Still laughing that lesbian Mariah used to play around with Tyler's BBC.

by Anonymousreply 388May 15, 2020 7:26 PM

Does anyone know if there is a current B&B thread?

by Anonymousreply 389May 16, 2020 2:40 AM

R389 there is not a new one. no one here likes that show much. may be an old thread somewhere

by Anonymousreply 390May 16, 2020 3:50 AM

R390 Dang. I haven't watched it in years, myself. I just watched one of the classic episodes. I was wondering if anyone knew why Stephanie would attend Eric and Brooke's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 391May 16, 2020 3:59 AM

R389 This thread on B&B has posts from this last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392May 16, 2020 4:36 AM

R392 Thanks, I searched for Bold and Beautiful but it didn't show up.

by Anonymousreply 393May 16, 2020 4:49 AM

Who was the crazy woman dressed as a caterer who was trying to kill Nikki at her 1984 wedding?

Why was Kat introducing Brock to John Abbott? It seemed like a ton of characters didn’t even know each other. I was very confused.

Who was Brock’s father?

by Anonymousreply 394May 17, 2020 5:56 PM

That was the way Bill Bell wrote Y&R R394. Not all the characters knew each other and traveled in the same circles. It wasn't one of the shows where the entire town knew each other.

by Anonymousreply 395May 17, 2020 6:16 PM

R394 the woman was Eve Howard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396May 17, 2020 6:44 PM

r395

until the retcon that Kay and John went to high school together and were life long friends... wasn't Kay Ashley's godmother or something like that? Wouldn't John have known his good friend's son??

by Anonymousreply 397May 17, 2020 8:47 PM

R394 Brock's biological daddy was Kay's first husband, "Gary Reynolds." .. We heard that Gary took Brock to Germany with him when he was 7-years old. (It was during that year when Kay had her affair with Arthur Hendricks and got preggers with Tucker McCall.) .. Charlotte Ramsey, Kay's drinking-carousing buddy during that time, described Gary as "a real mensch." At some point after Gary and Brock returned, Gary died.

We heard that when Brock was a child, Gary and Kay lived at "The Reynolds Ranch." This is where Victor and his young wife, Julia, moved to when they first came to town, with it eventually becoming "The Newman Ranch."

Kay's second husband, Phillip II, was Brock's step-daddy when Brock was a wildcat teenager. When Brock first showed up in Genoa City -- returning from Europe after his sex and drugs trip -- Phillip was skeptical that his stepson had changed. It was implied that the only fatherly things Brock ever looked for from Phillip was to help get him out of jams (one implication being that Phillip had helped arrange an abortion for not just one, but two girls whom randy Brock had knocked up while in high school).

by Anonymousreply 398May 17, 2020 9:27 PM

The way Brock spread his seed around while in high school and over in Europe, Kay could have 30 more grandchildren out there to share the billions she gave to Devon.

Someone out there would have to be more interesting than him.

by Anonymousreply 399May 17, 2020 9:33 PM

I was hoping when they revisited Kay's will that they would have introduced someone....ANYONE.....of interest along those very lines, R399.

But....nada.

by Anonymousreply 400May 17, 2020 9:38 PM

It really annoys me that Devon has all of Kay’s billions and Mac/Chance have none of it. I loved the recent storyline where it looked like he had lost it all. Now, of course, he has it back and still swans around town in a blazer acting like the queen benefactress of GC.

by Anonymousreply 401May 18, 2020 9:48 AM

I am beyond shocked to learn that Brock had a randy past. I only know him as the bland sanctimonious Brock.

Why the hell did the show change him from a more interesting and fallible character and turn him into a guy who spouts plattitudes?

by Anonymousreply 402May 18, 2020 8:14 PM

R402 The show didn't change Brock in front of us, though, so we only knew about his bad boy past through comments. In any event, Brock as this born again "self-styled preacher" was actually a very different kind of character. The fact that he seemed to become confessor-counselor to nearly every damsel in distress on the show -- yet not end up in bed with any of them -- became rather funny.

by Anonymousreply 403May 18, 2020 9:22 PM

Neil and Dru were great from the start.

by Anonymousreply 404May 19, 2020 12:19 AM

Brock was very much a 70s type of character. The kind of character that fits into a specific time frame, but who doesn't age well.

by Anonymousreply 405May 19, 2020 1:00 AM

I believe the Brock character was named for the show's original set decorator, Brock Broughton, who won one of the soap's first Daytime Emmys for the category in 1974. Last I heard, he retired to gay land out in Palm Springs.

by Anonymousreply 406May 19, 2020 1:43 AM

wow I miss moments like today's Y&R of an actual trial...nowadays IF we see a trail, it's with no witnesses, no one in the room.

I also liked Jack and Hope's friendship but if they are actually going to be highlighting certain characters, they really should edit these shows

by Anonymousreply 407May 19, 2020 5:50 PM

[quote] wow I miss moments like today's Y&R of an actual trial ...

The red-haired prosecutor in the case was very memorable. Her character's name was "Gloria Capshaw" played by Rae Norman . Bell used her in a few courtroom cases. I think the last time we saw her, she'd become a Judge Capshaw. Characters who came and went like that, becoming familiar to use over time, were great.

by Anonymousreply 408May 19, 2020 6:41 PM

In case anyone's interested, "Hope in Bottle" is still available at Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 409May 19, 2020 6:58 PM

DaSilva was always a looker.

by Anonymousreply 410May 19, 2020 7:38 PM

Castellanos' (Silva) ex-wife, who was a producer at B&B up until a few years ago, reportedly said that she used to spit on the alimony check that she was forced to pay him before mailing it to him every month ..lol!

Info from their divorce was covered in a book on the subject as it was used as an example of a case where the ex-wife had to make alimony payments to the ex-husband, even though there were no children involved.

She was also pissed because she ended up having to pay the legal fees even though, he's the one who was prolonging the settlement.

I heard a RUMOR that TPTB opted to never to play him as Silva after this, because the Bells didn't like how he'd treated her.

They could have used this as a story on the soap.

by Anonymousreply 411May 20, 2020 6:00 AM

Why did they pick that silly episode with Devon & the Lion out at the zoo as something to showcase for Winters Week?

The scenes are so discordant with the rest of episode, and every time they swtich to them it's like screw this stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 412May 20, 2020 8:09 AM

R411

Juicy

by Anonymousreply 413May 20, 2020 12:13 PM

Damn! What beautiful memories of John Enos as Bobby Marsino. I miss that, sex-on-a-stick, swagger.

by Anonymousreply 414May 21, 2020 9:49 AM

Villains Week next week. Episode details:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415May 21, 2020 5:12 PM

Link isn’t correct for some reason. Here’s the tweet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416May 21, 2020 5:14 PM

Y&R should have re-written John Enos' Mr. Cocky scene in "Sex and the City" with Nikki.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417May 21, 2020 5:16 PM

Only the episode from 1991 with villain David Kimble is a real classic. The 2003 (2), 2005, and 2010 episodes are mediocre at best.

Vanessa Prentiss, original Victor Newman, Shawn Garrett, original Sheila, Mari Jo Mason, Veronica Landers, etc. There are much better choices, imho.

by Anonymousreply 418May 21, 2020 5:31 PM

Daytime Emmy Nominations ...

I hope Adam Newman's Shaved Ballsack wins!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 21, 2020 8:12 PM

[quote] original Victor Newman

There has only been one Victor Newman.

by Anonymousreply 420May 21, 2020 11:20 PM

R420 I meant "original" as in how Victor was originally portrayed: mean and abusive to young Julia with signs that the old fart would be killed off.

by Anonymousreply 421May 21, 2020 11:51 PM

R421 He is still mean and abusive.

by Anonymousreply 422May 22, 2020 12:32 AM

Yesterday Camryn publicly came out as bisexual. Twitter was very supportive. She's getting dragged on FB.

Reason #286 why I don't do FB.

by Anonymousreply 423May 23, 2020 1:37 PM

Power "acting" coming from Flo Webster on Monday... that broad could chew the scenery. She makes Judith Chapman look like Meryl Streep.

The "classics" have mostly been uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 424May 23, 2020 1:44 PM

Either the Governor of Massachusetts or the Mayor of Boston have pre-empted nearly all of the Y&R classic episodes with their daily pandemic updates.

by Anonymousreply 425May 23, 2020 2:10 PM

American viewers can watch the so-called classics at the CBS website.

by Anonymousreply 426May 23, 2020 5:47 PM

Since TPTB aren't giving us one of the classic Chancellor Cemetery Memorial Day episodes ....

Note: Paul and Andy on the road investigating Shawn Garrett and sharing a sleazy motel room with only one twin bed. HOT

Sure. One of them slept on the sofa .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427May 23, 2020 10:16 PM

I like the sound of Jill's heels on the "grass" as she exits the scene.

by Anonymousreply 428May 23, 2020 10:58 PM

Who was the woman with the frizzy blonde hair who looked like Baby Jane Hudson on today’s show. Quite the overactor!

by Anonymousreply 429May 25, 2020 10:46 PM

r429

It was Flo... NIna's mom and she was fucking horrible today

by Anonymousreply 430May 25, 2020 10:55 PM

R430, Was that Sharon Farrell?

by Anonymousreply 431May 25, 2020 11:02 PM

^^^

Yes

by Anonymousreply 432May 25, 2020 11:04 PM

Yes, R431. Girl was working for that Emmy reel today.

by Anonymousreply 433May 25, 2020 11:04 PM

Sharon Farrell was one of those actresses you would often see guest starring on prime time series in the 1960s/1970s.

She has the "distinction" of having been in one of the worst films of all time, "The Love Machine", Jackie Susann's followup to "Valley of the Dolls".

by Anonymousreply 434May 25, 2020 11:09 PM

She made chapman look like Streep.

by Anonymousreply 435May 25, 2020 11:39 PM

Sharon Farrell ... Married six times, divorced six times.

She left Y&R when her then business manager-boyfriend convinced her to move to Fiji. After a jet ski accident, she says he abandoned her and took all her money. She was so broke, her housekeeper had to take her in. She then got sick and ended up in a hospital in New Zealand.

In 2012, she wrote a book about her life that she was shopping around. She was 72 at the time, and I believe she ended up self-publishing it with her much younger boyfriend who was the editor (seen below.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436May 26, 2020 12:40 AM

full article....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437May 26, 2020 12:41 AM

I laughed at Isabella's logic that Christine would want to leave behind a beautiful corpse, so that all her admirers at the funeral could gaze at her Incredible & Amazing-ness. .. Hilarious and true!

Also, the only thing missing from the opening shot of Le Bug in her bubble bath with her wine and candles and opera music was a waterproof vibrator. .. She looked like she was pleasuring herself when Izzy crept in.

by Anonymousreply 438May 26, 2020 8:04 PM

Nice to see Michael Corbett playing David Kimble on yesterday's show.

by Anonymousreply 439May 27, 2020 1:36 AM

After years of hearing about David Kimble being killed in the trash compactor, it was great to have finally seen it. Leave it to Bill Bell to find such an unusual way to kill him off.

That said, I was surprised it all happened in such a blink and you miss it scene. Show really should have done that up right with close ups of his hand accidently hitting the button to start the compactor. And slow motion of him realizing what he had done. And reaction shots from Crickett and Danny.

Yes, I know its daytime and they don't have the budget for something that elaborate. But sure they could have done more with the scene to play it up.

by Anonymousreply 440May 27, 2020 2:28 AM

MC's an elder gay out in Palm Springs now.

Quite the catch for boys looking for a grandpa with swag who can offer some connections.

by Anonymousreply 441May 27, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote] And reaction shots from Crickett and Danny.

I think what we got of Cricket's "reaction" was more than enough.

Any more of the "horrified" look on her face, and it may have engendered laughter.

LLB was still pretty bad at this point.

by Anonymousreply 442May 27, 2020 2:38 AM

R441

MC still looks amazing. He looks maybe 10 years older as opposed to 30 years older.

by Anonymousreply 443May 27, 2020 1:10 PM

I miss Nina. I wish she would come back.

by Anonymousreply 444May 27, 2020 5:03 PM

TC might be up for a guest spot (like if Chance were to get married or injured), but I don't think she'd want the hassle of returning to the show on a regular basis. She'd rather be in her backwoods homestead baking and quilting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445May 27, 2020 5:59 PM

Now that Corbett's nip and tuck is settling in, he looks more natural, so yeah, he looks pretty good for 63.

by Anonymousreply 446May 27, 2020 7:02 PM

This show doesn’t really do good old-school villains anymore. I can’t remember the last one that was truly even disturbing (and, no, Adam does not cut it).

The last semi-fun one I can even recall was Sheila’s sister Sarah who looked exactly like Lauren? And she was starving Lauren and Jana in a funhouse with Sheila’s two children. It was genuinely disturbing how long they were withheld food. Jana was practically on the brink of death.

by Anonymousreply 447May 27, 2020 8:41 PM

The Sarah Smythe retcon with Sheila's twins born before she ever came to Genoa City in 1990 was beyond stupid. It also highlighted Tracey Bregman's rather limited range.

by Anonymousreply 448May 27, 2020 9:43 PM

I wish that the Hillary lookalike would just be fine entirely when the show comes back. No mention of her at all.

I do really like the actress playing Elena. I’d like to see her role expanded.

by Anonymousreply 449May 27, 2020 11:04 PM

*gone, not fine

by Anonymousreply 450May 27, 2020 11:11 PM

For me, the last villain that was half-way decent was Cameron Kirsten, played by hot daddy, Linden Ashby. But even that one had it's problems when, out of the blue, Grace Turner showed up - herself coincidentally involved with Cameron. Right. .. Then, the final material in the airplane with Nick, Sharon, and Cameron parachuting into a cornfield in Iowa was just plain silly.

Ricky Williams was smokin' hot', but they took his villainy too far. I hated how they made him a murderer. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 451May 28, 2020 1:16 AM

Soaps.com published a new fan fiction today. I liked it, but I have a feeling the crazy LANE fans will hate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452May 28, 2020 5:21 PM

In the recent Queen Fairman interview with Bryton and Christel it was very noticeable that she didn't mention Goddard or Cane once. .. The only time his name came up was at the very end when Fairman gave Bryton a chance to pitch his new social media app, and he of course mentioned that he' had developed it with Goddard. .. But she didn't say anything about him. And during the course of the interview she'd talked about how much she enjoyed working with the other "Daniel" - her buddy Michael Graziadei. And when pressed for a favorite story, she pointed to the one where Daniel & Lily were on the run and they did the location shoot in Malibu. But again nothing mentioned about Came. She also addressed Fairman's question about internet chatter regarding the chemistry between Billy and Lily, and she enthused, "I hope so!"

by Anonymousreply 453May 28, 2020 6:46 PM

R453 I bet she liked the fan fiction, then, if she read it. I think it is clear she is over Lily and Cane.

by Anonymousreply 454May 28, 2020 6:50 PM

Christmas in May.

I'd almost forgotten about "Happy Mac." .. Quite a U-turn in character.

Nicholas, Bradley, Jeffrey Todd ... all yummy!

Chrissy telling the SCUBA guy that the boat "looked like a postcard" must've been an inside joke, because the CGI was sooooo bad that it may as well have been. .. The explosion looked like something done in a kid's wading pool with a toy boat and firecracker.

And today's episode proved that MAB's subsequent storyline where Tom and Sheila supposedly hooked-up back in the late 80s and had twins together couldn't have happened, as Tom didn't know anything about Sheila Carter when Lauren was filling him in on who his partner in crime actually was.

by Anonymousreply 455May 28, 2020 7:28 PM

I always got the impression the twins were sorased when Tom and Sheila met around this time frame, and Sheila was pregnant before or after she left YR that go around.

by Anonymousreply 456May 29, 2020 1:11 AM

R456 Nope. .. During the Sarah-Ryder-Daisy story, Paul and Michael found a 1993 newspaper article from Green Bay that was about Sheila's sister "Sarah."

Sarah had been accused of being an evil night shift nurse, and she'd been implicated in the mysterious deaths of some elderly patients. .. In this article, Sarah was described as "a mother of two." The two kids were Daisy and Ryder, and with that we learned that Sarah had already been recruited by Sheila to be their mother way back then. .. So too, Daisy blamed Lauren for Sheila abandoning them, and in one rant, Daisy said that it was Lauren's fault that their mother was forced to flee to Los Angeles with them never seeing her. That happened in 1992. IOW, they already knew Sheila was their mother at that point in time and where she'd gone to.

And instead of any kind of SORASing, they actually presented information that these two made-up twins were actually aged naturally. When Ryder was arrested and wanted his half-bro Kevin to help him, it came out that he was 22-years old. Since it was 2009, this meant that he and Daisy would have been born in the 1987 time frame, which matches up with the information above. It would seem they were already toddlers when Sheila showed up in Genoa City in 1990 and started her obsession over Scott.

by Anonymousreply 457May 29, 2020 2:48 AM

New Fairman interview with Tracey E. Bregman and Frau Brown Pelzer.

It's a fun interview. I wish she weren't a Trumptard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458May 29, 2020 5:57 AM

UGGGG! That Sarah-Ryder-Daisy story was the absolute low point of my 20 years of watching Y&R! I despised that story. So convoluted, confusing and BORING.

And the show just kept dragging that story out. I wanted all three of those characters GONE.

The Shelia getting plastic surgery to look like Phyllis was bad enough, but Sarah getting plastic surgery to look to Lauren was even worse. At least Michelle Stafford had the acting chops to pull of the dual role of Phyllis and Shelia. Tracy Bregman wasn't a strong enough actress to do Lauren and Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 459May 29, 2020 8:48 AM

They need to repeat at least a few Carmine episodes.

by Anonymousreply 460May 29, 2020 11:43 AM

They should run the previously unaired clip of FenMo presenting hole to Carmine in the alley.

by Anonymousreply 461May 29, 2020 5:55 PM

I had the biggest crush on the actor playing Professor Korbell back in the day. He was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 462May 29, 2020 6:05 PM

Professor Cowbell and "T.J." could have been a supercouple, but stupid LML wouldn't run with it.

by Anonymousreply 463May 29, 2020 6:08 PM

Back in the day, there used to be some great slash fiction out there on the 'Net featuring Korbel and JT.

With chubby Colleen in the picture, it was the perfect set-up for a "Ditch the Bitch, and Make the Switch" scenario.

And Adrian and Jeffrey Todd were versatile. Usually, the taller, more athletic JT would top, but Adrian would occasionally get to show his more aggressive side and flip him around. There were other times when JT would be in the mood to play the wisecracking power bottom. A few beers helped. Halfway through one session, Korbel shut him up by shoving his sweaty jockstrap from their recent basketball match in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 464May 29, 2020 7:52 PM

[R460]: A few, "Carmine with just a towel" episodes. Marco Dapper is one the handsomest men i've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 465May 29, 2020 8:59 PM

R465 I totally agree. Plus, Dapper is funny, cool, has good taste in music, and is actually a half-way decent artist.

by Anonymousreply 466May 29, 2020 11:29 PM

I want to hear more about "that look" that Tracey Bregman says Bill Bell secretly saw her give Beth Maitland on the monitor that made him decide to make Lauren a mean girl who would bully Traci.

What did Princess Maitland do to get a look that would prompt something like that?

I remember years ago, Don Diamont gave an interview that implied Maitland was pretty cool to him when he first joined Y&R. Reading between the lines it sounded like she considered him a hair model who was somehow beneath her. I believe he said he eventually decided to ask the not-so-little diva what her issue with him was; at some point, she began to get along with him afterward.

by Anonymousreply 467May 30, 2020 12:08 AM

Is this thread still usable or do we need another one?

by Anonymousreply 468June 4, 2020 1:26 AM

I see that Dina was a cunt even back in 1991.

by Anonymousreply 469June 4, 2020 6:54 PM

Dina was always a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 470June 4, 2020 6:58 PM

Was there a Dina episode? The last one I saw was John Abbott's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 471June 4, 2020 7:01 PM

Beth Maitland was only 35/36 in 1991, but looked so much older. I miss Heather Tom as Victoria

by Anonymousreply 472June 4, 2020 7:04 PM

[quote]The Shelia getting plastic surgery to look like Phyllis was bad enough, but Sarah getting plastic surgery to look to Lauren was even worse.

And it's the type of story Y&R never did well.

by Anonymousreply 473June 4, 2020 7:06 PM

Traci is supposed to be the younger sister, but BM is two years older than ED. It only worked in 80s, because she's short and they'd dress her in juvenile wardrobe, so to the audience that read "younger." Ten years in, her age was showing. Also, sometimes when she'd lose weight, it would actually make her look older.

by Anonymousreply 474June 4, 2020 7:34 PM

R471 I think you mean Marge's funeral when everyone thought it was Kay in the casket. Dina didn't show up for John's funeral. And funny how she didn't show up for Kay's real funeral. Maybe her cabana boy neglected to give her the message that other one was actually Marge.

by Anonymousreply 475June 4, 2020 7:39 PM

R471 Ignore my above reply . I misread what you wrote the first time I read your message.

by Anonymousreply 476June 4, 2020 7:41 PM

Its cool R475, I am just trying to see if there was a classic shown with Dina as a 90s bitch.

by Anonymousreply 477June 4, 2020 7:53 PM

Dina appeared at Traci and Brad’s second wedding this week, reveling in full cuntitude.

by Anonymousreply 478June 4, 2020 7:59 PM

Which day did that air, R478?

by Anonymousreply 479June 4, 2020 8:13 PM

R479, it was Monday’s episode.

Ashley was being played by Brenda Epperson.

by Anonymousreply 480June 4, 2020 8:20 PM

Epperson's Ashley made Traci look even older, since she's seven years younger than Maitland.

by Anonymousreply 481June 4, 2020 8:52 PM

FUCK YOU, OP!!! 481 posts and I haven't seen a single ballsack -Let alone Adam Newman's!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482June 4, 2020 10:00 PM

SOD just published an interview where he discusses his ballsack shaving regimen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 4, 2020 10:46 PM

I can't wait for next week's YR. They are showing 2 episodes with the only Adam I enjoyed: MM

by Anonymousreply 484June 4, 2020 11:28 PM

Yeah, Muhney was the best Adam the show ever had. I wonder if he’s been blackballed by Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 485June 4, 2020 11:45 PM

Y&R doesn't need to blackball him. He was already looking to be added to a list of actors to avoid when MAB made the mistake of hiring him. Just ask the folks at Veronica Mars.

by Anonymousreply 486June 4, 2020 11:51 PM

Why was he a problem on VERONICA MARS?

by Anonymousreply 487June 4, 2020 11:54 PM

R487 Yes, and he was fired there too. Synopsis:

[quote] I spoke to a couple of people who worked with Michael Muhney during his time in Veronica Mars and also a casting agent who said the word was out a long time ago that Michael Muhney was an amazing actor and a huge pain and no one wanted to work with him because of his reputation for causing trouble on sets and being a diva. When I asked how he was different from other actors who were also great actors but divas and they could find work I was told that Michael crossed lines you didn't want crossed and diva behavior is one thing but he went far beyond that. Apparently on the set of Veronica Mars no one was sad to see him go and it wasn't just because he leaked the season finale of a show online before it aired. No one begged to keep him. Between that and some incidents on other shows no one would really give him a chance. The word was out and Michael was forced off to soaps where he was welcomed for his acting ability. He thought he would be able to make a return to prime time but the casting agent I spoke to said whenever he would read for someone or his name would come up even more stories would pop up about his past and attitude and no one ever wanted to hire him when there were so many other choices who would not try and cause trouble and you never knew what you would get with him. What if they hired him and he ruined everything? Why take the chance? Just don't hire him. When I asked if he was essentially blackballed the casting agent said yes, but not in a literal way just in the sense there were other easier casting choices so why bother.

by Anonymousreply 488June 5, 2020 12:01 AM

I miss Andy... Did Paul and Andy comfort each other?

by Anonymousreply 489June 8, 2020 6:12 PM

Paul and Andy were more into spit-roasting -- e.g. picture Danny getting both holes filled atop the pool table in The Williams Family basement rec room.

by Anonymousreply 490June 8, 2020 6:46 PM

Andy was so hawt! Matt too.

I'd forgotten Paul's toup appeared this early on. I didn't think he started wearing that poofy top piece till the Cassandra Rawlins story.

That frock they had Nikki in is all kinds of Reagan Era fugly. JoAnna's mylar number as well.

I think Ashley's forgotten she owns a yacht... lol!

by Anonymousreply 491June 8, 2020 7:12 PM

Did you see Jill in that get up she wore to Traci's second wedding to the Bradsicle? Beyond hideous.

by Anonymousreply 492June 8, 2020 7:19 PM

did the actor who played John really have a face lift? He looked different in the older eps

by Anonymousreply 493June 8, 2020 7:22 PM

R493 I think he did. I remember my mother and grandmother talking about how he looked like he had some work done.

by Anonymousreply 494June 8, 2020 7:36 PM

in today's ep, Julie Horton was trying to get him to do it

by Anonymousreply 495June 8, 2020 7:45 PM

[quote]in today's ep, Julie Horton was trying to get him to do it

Julie may be part of the Horton family, but Horton has never been part of her name. Her mother, Addie Horton, married Ben Olson and had two children -- Julie and Steven.

Her full name is Julie Olson Banning Anderson Williams Williams Williams.

by Anonymousreply 496June 9, 2020 7:21 AM

Why does Ciara call Julie “grandma” on Days? Julie is her half-aunt (the half-sister of her mother, Hope Williams Brady).

by Anonymousreply 497June 9, 2020 4:06 PM

r497

She is married to Ciara's grandpa and has been a grandma to Hope's kids from the beginning . Julie was basically Hope's mom

by Anonymousreply 498June 9, 2020 4:14 PM

I get that, R498. Just noting that Julie is not her grandmother. Her grandmothers are Caroline Brady and Addie Horton.

I have several instances like this in my family and I would never call my dad’s half-sister my grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 499June 9, 2020 4:18 PM

I rolled my eyes when little Rick called Stephanie 'Aunt Stephanie.'

by Anonymousreply 500June 9, 2020 4:20 PM

Some of you appear lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 9, 2020 6:36 PM

That Michael LaBaldwin has enough flair and flamboyance to be on Dancing with the Stars. I'd give him a 10!

by Anonymousreply 502June 10, 2020 7:26 PM

Is Tommie back? I don't think it was mentioned here that he scripted two episodes not long before the new ones ran out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503June 11, 2020 8:11 AM

When the show comes back, wonder if they will pick up from where they left off in April or will jump ahead to new stories (essentially do a time jump like Days did).

I don't even remember what the stories were way back in April.

by Anonymousreply 504June 11, 2020 11:32 AM

R505

Someone asked him about that . He said he doesn't know why his name popped up in the credits because he is not back.

by Anonymousreply 505June 11, 2020 12:43 PM

R505 How odd, as his name showed up in a March episode as well. And both were new episodes with the other writers listed all being current ones on Griffith's team.

by Anonymousreply 506June 11, 2020 4:18 PM

[quote]I don't even remember what the stories were way back in April.

Ne meither.

by Anonymousreply 507June 12, 2020 2:02 AM

Daniel Goddard became an American today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508June 12, 2020 6:36 PM

The only story I remember from April is the one where Aunt Jack told JaBottom and Cousin Theo to go get a room in one of the 42 states or Canada where it's legal and settle this thing once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 509June 12, 2020 9:13 PM

Didn’t the actress who was going to play reboot Katherine die of herpes?

by Anonymousreply 510June 13, 2020 12:29 AM

R510 Somewhere I read Y&R lost out after she signed on for a much bigger role on "Venice: The Series" as the new Alpha Lesbian in town.

by Anonymousreply 511June 13, 2020 1:42 AM

As the weeks go by, viewers are losing interest in Y&R's so-called "classics," and it's been a steady decline in total viewers.

April 27 – May 1, 2020 --- 2,554,000 (First week of reruns.)

May 4-8, 2020 --- 2,341,000 (-213,000)

May 11-15, 2020 --- 2,193,000 (-148,000)

May 18-22, 2020 --- 2,124,000 (-69,000)

May 25-29, 2020 --- 2,018,000 (-107,000)

June 1-5, 2020 --- 1,950,000 (-68,000)

I supoose the only good news is that Y&R reruns are still attracting more total viewers than first-run DOOL episodes (rather funny, actually) ... AND Y&R reruns are doing better than first-run social-distancing episodes of The Squawk. I guess people don't want to look at a bunch of big talking heads on their screen.

by Anonymousreply 512June 14, 2020 9:37 PM

R512 I think the classic episodes would have done better if instead of theme weeks, they had picked out five episodes from a storyline and aired them over a week.

by Anonymousreply 513June 14, 2020 9:50 PM

I agree R513; how about the five episodes leading up to the climax of the George Rawlins murder mystery; spoiler alert:

Adrian Hunter (hottie Mark Derwin) has set Cassandra up to die by putting a gun in dry ice and she's drugged and can't walk away; when the ice melts she's set to die...he comes back and screams she's dead; she's dead; BOOM! Cassandra pops up in frame with fake blood; CHILLING.

by Anonymousreply 514June 15, 2020 12:51 AM

R513 I totally agree. These theme weeks really don't create any kind of serial drama feel, and there's no reason to "tune in tomorrow" to see how things turn out. But airing five pivotal episodes selected from one big storyline could do that.

As R514 points out, it would be very easy to go into the library and find five big episodes in the Cassandra Rawlins story. They could have done that with the David Kimble story as well. Heck, after that one old episode with Vanessa Prentiss plotting her suicide to frame Lorie for murder, I really wanted to see more. And if they want to do something with romance, choose five from the original Nick and Sharon love story; or the Paul and Lauren love story. There are so many to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 515June 15, 2020 1:27 AM

^^^^

I completely agree that they should do a week of certain storylines. A beginning, middle & end

by Anonymousreply 516June 15, 2020 11:58 AM

I wasn't even Cole's biggest fan, but J. Eddie Peck was at his prime. Nice pit shots. And I can easily imagine him laying there naked in bed and rubbing one out, while Bitchtoria is in the shower.

Joshua Morrow's boy band hairdo came from a Chi Chi LaRue Catalina video. I'm surprised they didn't bleach it blond.

Danny Romalotti: CALM DOWN MARY! You'll find another beard.

Bangs Mergeron. Boy. She sure is getting a lot of air play.

If they gave out Daytime Emmys for "Best Bad Smell Look," MTS would have won one.

by Anonymousreply 517June 15, 2020 7:15 PM

the latest SOD has a pic of the actor playing Noah with his ex and daughter with a caption of my crazy family(or something like that). Robert A has his arms around a guy, did Robert and Linsey break up because she didn't want to beard or him?

by Anonymousreply 518June 15, 2020 8:35 PM

R518 No. I imagine the break up occurred, because he finally figured out how odd she is.

by Anonymousreply 519June 15, 2020 9:06 PM

R518

RA has been in a relationship with Camryn Grimes for a couple of years.

R519

I adore Linsey. Why do you think she's odd?

by Anonymousreply 520June 15, 2020 9:18 PM

B&B officially went back to taping today. Actors posted pics.

by Anonymousreply 521June 15, 2020 9:19 PM

Camryn and Linsey are best friends.

by Anonymousreply 522June 15, 2020 9:36 PM

R520 Perhaps "odd" wasn't the correct word to use, but I didn't want to say "unstable," because I don't know the extent of the mental health issues that Godfrey herself has addressed she has (depression, GAD, and PTSD).

Any boyfriend, lover, fiance, etc. might reach a point where they decide they can't commit to a long-term relationship wherein these type of issues are involved and decide that marriage isn't in the cards. If something like that happened, then it's better to end things before the marriage. It's nice that they still seem to still be friends and have their daughter's best interests at heart.

by Anonymousreply 523June 15, 2020 11:24 PM

To hear Grimes describe her "relationship" with RA, it's more like BFFs or siblings. This was covered in more than one interview. In one, it was said they behave more like brother-sister in real life than Mariah and Noah do on the show.

by Anonymousreply 524June 15, 2020 11:49 PM

The classics have largely sucked. They always show Victor and Nikki’s wedding. They always show the Esther frying pan Marge episode. And a David Kimble in the shredder. So much to choose from and what they choose is either overdone or sucks.

by Anonymousreply 525June 16, 2020 12:21 AM

To be fair, Godfrey survived cancer and being hit head on by an automobile, and if I am not mistaken, she was also assaulted/molested as a kid.

If she's even remotely functional it's a fucking miracle.

by Anonymousreply 526June 16, 2020 12:25 AM

^^^

The best classic episode from YR, GH & BB was last week's BB episode where Stephanie & Sally got rip roaring drunk. Sally then gave Stephanie her dyke haircut.

That was such a fun episode & an ingenious way to accomodate Flannery's desire to butch up Stephanie.

by Anonymousreply 527June 16, 2020 12:29 AM

So sad to hear of Scoche Marin's passing.

by Anonymousreply 528June 16, 2020 12:30 AM

R526

Yes, LG has gone thru a shit ton in her short life. I think it's wrong for R524 to try and label her as having mental issues & intimate she's unhinged. She seems to be the poster child for a survivor.

She's a great person to follow of Twitter: very funny, politically active as an ally and she won't take guff off any of the Right Wing and/or Christain loons.

by Anonymousreply 529June 16, 2020 12:34 AM

R529 I didn't label her as having "mental health issues." She's the one who has bravely used that term about herself. And my real point was that, if that's the case, then not every person who begins a relationship with someone who's suffered so much shit has the capacity to continue in the relationship and go through the ups and downs that often occur with things like depression GAD, and PTSD. Again, she's the one who cataloged those illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 530June 16, 2020 3:31 AM

YR returns to work on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 531June 16, 2020 7:06 PM

B&B does tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 532June 16, 2020 7:12 PM

Couldn't someone tell Rex Sterling about Sea Bond denture adhesive?

If the audience hears how beautiful Cricket at least 7 times during an episode, they'll know it's true. (If only we could repeat what a talented actress she is as well.)

They'll have to start screening the "classics" more closely. Characters like "Jumbo Man" will get Y&R cancelled.

One wonders if Scott Grainger and David Kimble found a broom closet to sneak off to during the wedding reception?

btw - As I recall, this was the episode where Bill Bell was supposed to have his Alfred Hitchcock moment and make an appearance as the limousine driver who delivered Cricket to the wedding venue, but the footage got cut.

by Anonymousreply 533June 16, 2020 7:47 PM

I’m not seeing anything online saying that Y&R and B&B are back to taping. Whoever is spreading that needs to provide a link.

by Anonymousreply 534June 16, 2020 9:45 PM

r534

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535June 16, 2020 9:47 PM

r534

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 16, 2020 9:48 PM

R534 I saw it several places for B&B, for sure, as others have shared.

Haven't seen the posts for Y&R as R531 shared, but they are both Bell soaps so I imagine they WILL be soon to follow, whether R531 is correct or not.

by Anonymousreply 537June 16, 2020 11:28 PM

B&B to use blow up dolls and real life spouses in response to COVID....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538June 17, 2020 2:00 AM

Blow up dolls?

I guess it's time for ME to make my return!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539June 17, 2020 4:21 AM

Time to put Shadam back together. Case & Grossman can give us some hawt, real-life lovemaking scenes.

Also, if actors' spouses are going to be used in intimate scenes, I want to see Rikaart's sexy hubby substitute for Liz Hendrickson.

And if they begin using dummies in place of actors, Kate Linder should maybe be afraid for her job.

by Anonymousreply 540June 17, 2020 5:35 AM

R533, you know your soaps; yes, Bill had a cameo and it was cut for space/time.

by Anonymousreply 541June 17, 2020 6:32 PM

R540, that's mean.

Poor Kate; in every photo she looks like it's all about to end and she can't enjoy her long-running role.

by Anonymousreply 542June 17, 2020 6:36 PM

Welcome to Winters Wednesday, just like the olden days.

by Anonymousreply 543June 17, 2020 6:37 PM

A rare sighting of Daniel Romalotti's bio father, Brian Hamilton.

Still surprised that they never had teen-adult Daniel connect with the character.

by Anonymousreply 544June 17, 2020 7:03 PM

that wasn't Steven Culp playing Brian Hamilton; he was cute, though; who was he?

by Anonymousreply 545June 19, 2020 12:01 AM

next week sounds good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 19, 2020 1:11 AM

R545 It was NuBrian played by William Wallace. He also played Brian when the big custody battle over Daniel came to a head, with him testifying for Team Danny against Phyllis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 19, 2020 2:17 AM

thanks R547

I liked him in the part; I actually liked Nelson in the role, too; she delivered especially when she lost Daniel in court.

by Anonymousreply 548June 19, 2020 2:19 AM

good god, call 911 Cricket... god was she always so helpless?

by Anonymousreply 549June 22, 2020 6:59 PM

R549 Not every city had 911 in the mid-80s. It didn't even begin to be rolled out to some Chicago suburbs until 1984.

It might be a good thing Patty's subsequent action caused Traci to have a miscarriage. Who knows what that gas could have done to her baby.

Cricket Blair Teen Model was just so bad back then. Now people can see how the nepotism claim was valid.

Dorothy McGuire was stellar. Such a nuanced performance. And here's another example where they could have filled this entire week with five episodes featuring her from that arc to create some unity and make you want to tune in tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 550June 22, 2020 9:02 PM

I didn’t realize Lauralee Bell was on the show as early as 1984.

What is this week’s theme?

by Anonymousreply 551June 22, 2020 9:17 PM

The theme this week is “Emmy Performances”.

by Anonymousreply 552June 22, 2020 9:21 PM

Thanks, R552. I guess that’s why Beth Maitland was sitting with an Emmy at the end of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 553June 22, 2020 9:24 PM

DAYTIME Emmy Performances.

by Anonymousreply 554June 22, 2020 9:28 PM

R554 Little Lauralee told daddy that she was interested in acting, so she actually started appearing in 'cameos' on Y&R as early as age 13. .. Bell would write scenes for her, so that she could do a few episodes during her Christmas and Spring breaks from school in Chicago. .. I believe her first longer appearance occurred when she was off school during the Summer of 1983, when she would have been 14 going on 15. Jabot photographer, "Joe Blair" (John Denos) was introduced to the canvas, and Daddy Bell connected her to him with the story being that they were cousins. Of course, this tied into her becoming Cricket Blair Teen Model, because Cousin Joe immediately recognized how Beautiful & Talented she was, not to mention Incredible & Amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555June 22, 2020 9:56 PM

Why did Traci try and kill herself? Was Brad her baby's father?

by Anonymousreply 556June 22, 2020 10:30 PM

r556

IIRC her college professor knocked her up and she thought he wasn't interested in her after that

by Anonymousreply 557June 22, 2020 10:46 PM

R556 Traci couldn't face the SHAME of being an UNWED MOTHER.

She'd had an affair with her college professor, Tim Sullivan, who was in today's episode.

Gay Danny saved Traci the embarrassment by entering into a marriage of convenience with her.

by Anonymousreply 558June 22, 2020 10:47 PM

[quote]She'd had an affair with her college professor, Tim Sullivan, who was in today's episode. Gay Danny saved Traci the embarrassment by entering into a marriage of convenience with her.

Well, considering that Gay Tim Sullivan was the one who knocked her up, she had a lot to be concerned about.

And Gay Time Sullivan pinged as much or more than Gay Danny.

by Anonymousreply 559June 23, 2020 2:43 AM

Don't forget Traci married Gay Steve Connolly (Greg Wrangler).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560June 23, 2020 2:48 AM

Tim was more your Girl, Boy, Labrador, Goldfish kinda guy. If it moved, Tim might fuck it.

And Steve only topped.

by Anonymousreply 561June 23, 2020 2:58 AM

I love how Tim showed up at that club and saw Amy and want to find Traci and she was like 'excuse me, I have my own problems. You, sir, have confused me with Heather Dalton of Oakdale, IL. She thinks about Frances Hughes and her upcoming testimony at her stepmother's second degree murder trial in the death of local restaurant owner Douglas Cummings 24/7.

"Whereas I have my own life."

by Anonymousreply 562June 23, 2020 5:29 AM

Amy probably smelled skunk on Tim. The professor was all kinds of unethical. There was a scene where Traci went over to his place and found him bed with another student of his named Lisa. Crushed, Traci just snuck out and ran off. I think this happened not long before the episode we got on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 563June 23, 2020 6:10 AM

YR resumes taping 7/6

by Anonymousreply 564June 23, 2020 12:54 PM

Traci worried that people would make fun of Gay Danny being married to "a frumpy pregnant girl" and that it would affect his popularity and image as a rock star, which was just starting to take off.

Well, Patty took care of that.

by Anonymousreply 565June 23, 2020 8:06 PM

Too bad we’ll never know, R565, since they just keep showing one-off episodes with zero follow-through.

If Y&R starts taping on 7/6 as reported above, when does that translate into new episodes to air?

by Anonymousreply 566June 23, 2020 9:06 PM

R566 They might try to rush post-production and editing to get something on the air, but typically, tape-to-broadcast time at Y&R is about 35 calendar days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567June 23, 2020 10:19 PM

So counting out -- If things were "normal," July 6 would probably translate to around Monday, August 10.

But of course, things aren't normal.

by Anonymousreply 568June 23, 2020 10:25 PM

B&B was supposed to resume production today but shut down again. The issue is the lab they were using kept coming back with inconclusve COVID results.

They are shut down until they can find a contract with a better lab. I'm glad B&B is the guines pig because they are the smallest show.

by Anonymousreply 569June 23, 2020 10:26 PM

I will be sorry when the regular broadcast resumes. The classics they’ve picked have often been crap but when they’re not they’re vintage and you remember what a fun, intriguing, engaging show it was thirty and forty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 570June 24, 2020 1:40 AM

I loved seeing Nick Scotti today. He played Tony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571June 24, 2020 2:45 AM

Ohh, Nick Scotti. So sexy. Lovely to look at. His Tony had a sweet, gentle side.

Remember how he also starred in the indy film Kiss Me Guido about the same time he was on Y&R. He played a straight Italian guy who ends up being roommates with a gay guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572June 24, 2020 3:21 AM

Last time I saw Nick Scotti, he looked halfway to Sylvester Stallone.

by Anonymousreply 573June 24, 2020 6:51 PM

[R571]: Yes, it was very pleasant surprise to see Nick Scotti.

by Anonymousreply 574June 24, 2020 10:42 PM

Is there a B&B thread? It was hilarious to see Sean Kanan totally drunk on a 2002 episode of B&B today!

by Anonymousreply 575June 24, 2020 10:44 PM

[R575]: Hope Sean Kanan was shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 576June 24, 2020 10:46 PM

No, he was wearing a black Ricky Martin tight sweater.

He was gorgeous but completely zonked out. One time he even shrieked at Stephanie, and his voice was all DL falsetto!

Too bad he's a fat Deplorable now.

by Anonymousreply 577June 24, 2020 10:47 PM

R575 The B&B thread ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578June 24, 2020 10:55 PM

They've bought a condo and moved in together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579June 25, 2020 2:05 AM

Both of their names start with “Bry”?

by Anonymousreply 580June 25, 2020 2:17 AM

He’s heterosexual??????

by Anonymousreply 581June 25, 2020 2:55 AM

He's never pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 582June 25, 2020 7:48 AM

Don Diamont in a speedo today from 1991. 😀

by Anonymousreply 583June 25, 2020 9:37 PM

[R583]: Looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 584June 26, 2020 12:32 AM

Coming up ... Paul & Christine Week.

Some of the side stuff might be interesting, since four of the episode are from the 90s, but these two have never been a couple I really care about.

I always preferred Paul with Lauren (even Maggie for that matter), and Cricket should have been written out with Danny.

by Anonymousreply 585June 27, 2020 6:44 AM

Monday observations:

Rather eye-rolling that LLB still hadn't learned to act by 1994 -- TEN years in. .. And Paul and Christine had zippo chemistry.

The men's dress suits back then were soooooo fugly. .. And Cole's après-le-bain gown was très gay. .. Did he steal that from Aunt Jack's closet?

I often sensed a homoerotic tension between Matt and Nicholas. And yes, it was gonna be rough. Matt would stick his dirty jock strap in Rich Boy's mouth to shut him up.

by Anonymousreply 586June 29, 2020 7:35 PM

Ashley and Victoria seemed to share lots of men in these classic eps... Other than Cole and Brad, were there anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 587June 29, 2020 7:59 PM

R587 Going forward, both Victoria and Ashley would become involved with Neil Winters; although with Victoria, they just dated and became engaged in order to give her baby a father. (How 1950s!) The racists at the time wouldn't stand for Victoria and Neil having sex. And since she lost the baby, their engagement ended.

Also, Victoria and Ashley would both eventually get to sample Ben "Stitch" Rayburn.

by Anonymousreply 588June 29, 2020 8:15 PM

R588 Concerning the Victoria and Neil, and also John and Mamie, I don't think the racists were all that powerful. It was just that they were vocal enough that CBS, Bell, and Columbia(at that time), became scared, they seem much more scared to rock the boat than others. Also, some of the loudest voices against Black and White pairings come from Black people themselves.

by Anonymousreply 589June 29, 2020 8:29 PM

John and Mamie had about as much chemistry as a clock.

by Anonymousreply 590June 29, 2020 8:47 PM

R590 I loved them together. I liked them much more than John and Jill, John and Gloria, or John and Dina.

by Anonymousreply 591June 29, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote] Also, some of the loudest voices against Black and White pairings come from Black people themselves.

Yeah, those voices were still around when they did the Damon Porter and Syphyllis pairing. (She sure goes for the gay boys ... lol!)

by Anonymousreply 592June 29, 2020 9:00 PM

R590 I agree. John and NuMamie did nothing for me. I preferred Original Mamie's unrequited love.

by Anonymousreply 593June 29, 2020 9:04 PM

I never liked NuMamie. She looked like she could snap the spine of a quarterback, but other than that she lacked warmth. It wasn't a bad idea for a storyline but miscast and forced.

by Anonymousreply 594June 29, 2020 9:14 PM

I agree that John and original recipe Mamie were good together

by Anonymousreply 595June 29, 2020 9:35 PM

Pride greetings from Chrissy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596June 29, 2020 9:45 PM

But he's married to Lauren, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 597June 29, 2020 9:52 PM

I always forgot how young Heather Tom was. Victoria has been getting married since she was 12.

by Anonymousreply 598June 29, 2020 10:44 PM

Wow! Christian officially came out with that Instagram pic. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 599June 29, 2020 11:19 PM

I wonder if he'll start wearing a wedding ring like his husbear-partner does?

by Anonymousreply 600June 29, 2020 11:58 PM

NEW THREAD!

Just in the nick of time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601June 29, 2020 11:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!