Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

She had her liquor during the day

and her stable boys to fill her lonely nights.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457February 16, 2020 8:27 PM

You just don't get that level of dialogue anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1December 26, 2019 3:58 AM

Lace has been around for hundreds of years (twirls)

by Anonymousreply 2December 26, 2019 3:59 AM

Good one. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3December 26, 2019 4:03 AM

Like my beret? It's from Europe!

by Anonymousreply 4December 26, 2019 4:04 AM

Even with her bad acting and flat delivery - her lines are better than any of the writing in the last twenty years on Y&R. Bravo, OP. Nothing will ever come close to Ada from AW. Nobody spoke Cuntanese better than her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 26, 2019 9:43 AM

"Cuntanese": hahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 6December 26, 2019 11:04 AM

I now realize I never saw Brendad. I didn't see Y&R until 1988 or '89, when Jill was played by Jess Walton. That was a revelation, OP. Why did they not hire Brendad back when they returned Jill to GC?

by Anonymousreply 7December 26, 2019 11:09 AM

I can still hear my oldest sister yelp, "Young an' restless is on!". Having only one TV and 6 channels, I'd watch too on a hot summer day. It was so glam, with the glossy story lines, attractive actors and moody lighting. A cut above the other frau-y soaps with their hospitals and kitchen coffee chats.

by Anonymousreply 8December 26, 2019 11:29 AM

That huffy argument between Paul and Michael was embarrassing to watch. And are the purposely trying to make Phyllis look like Klaus Kinski?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 26, 2019 1:48 PM

Separated at birth:

Amanda Sinclair and Cousin Itt

by Anonymousreply 10December 26, 2019 7:09 PM

[quote]Why did they not hire Brendad back when they returned Jill to GC?

Maybe because she's the worst goddamned actress ever to appear on television? She couldn't deliver a single one of those lines properly.

by Anonymousreply 11December 26, 2019 7:41 PM

Brenda burned her bridges with the Bells way back when.

I truly think she's at least a touch mentally ill now. Her delusions go beyond general Hollywood narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 12December 26, 2019 8:55 PM

Amanda's wig looks like part of Walmart's "Cher" collection.

by Anonymousreply 13December 26, 2019 10:24 PM

Jess Walton will leave a message for you for sixty bucks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 26, 2019 10:28 PM

[quote]She couldn't deliver a single one of those lines properly.

Gurl, no. Just no. Brenda was Jill Foster. Jess played the role longer and made it her own, but Brenda Dickson is the only Jill that really matters. Since no one will ever know the real story (either Brenda was unbearable and demanding and got herself fired or producers were out to sabotage her and succeeded) the one truth is, when Brenda played that role she never missed a beat. Every scene worked and was good soap opera. I remember I was in a kid and Brenda's Jill would show up at the mausoleum in the teaser act. My Grammy would say hurry up and eat your sandwich, it's gonna be a good show.

by Anonymousreply 15December 26, 2019 11:38 PM

Brenda had a sort of Natalie Wood thing going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 26, 2019 11:45 PM

Brenda didn't have range but she was good at being the thing that she was......

by Anonymousreply 17December 26, 2019 11:53 PM

I watched TY&TR from its beginnings in 1972 till about 5 years later....then Life came along and I tuned out. I loved Janice Lynde as 'Leslie'....remember her singing 'The Man That Got Away' in the mental institution where she ended up because her sister Lori slept with Brad? What about Pierre taking waitress Sally under his wing when she became pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 18December 27, 2019 12:03 AM

Jess is the better actress and she had great scenes with Jeanne. For the poster who said Brendad didn’t miss a beat, that’s just not true. Pretty lousy actress who’s lost her mind today, but she did bring a lot of comedy and camp to the role, which counts for a lot.

by Anonymousreply 19December 27, 2019 12:23 AM

[quote] comedy and camp

Two things that most of the shows, gone or still around, forgot how to do after 2000 or so.

by Anonymousreply 20December 27, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote]when Brenda played that role she never missed a beat. Every scene worked and was good soap opera.

If she had been competent, it would have been even better. In OP's clips she doesn't even emphasize the right words - it's like she's speaking a language she doesn't understand.

by Anonymousreply 21December 27, 2019 12:53 AM

Which is what makes Deven Green's parodies of her so rich. She kinda nails the weird cadences.

by Anonymousreply 22December 27, 2019 1:51 AM

"...it's like she's speaking a language she doesn't understand."

That was sort of the fun of it. There was a weirdness to Brenda Dickson that was fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 23December 27, 2019 2:19 AM

For some reason, former daytime soap opera actor and aging stay-at-home dad and bicyclist, Michael Muhney, showed up at Katherine Kelly Lang's launch of her new Beverly Hills boutique, Benheart, last week.

Sharon and Mark were there too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 27, 2019 3:14 AM

Oh no, R24.

You've triggered the Muhneyacs!

I'm sure Sharon's getting DP'd by Mark and Michael.

by Anonymousreply 25December 27, 2019 3:23 AM

Brenda was camptastic!!! Celebration for one scenes are great. Can I get you a glass of champagne? Make it a bottle. Brenda snapped back.

by Anonymousreply 26December 27, 2019 3:29 AM

Did Sharon love Justin Hartley, too?

by Anonymousreply 27December 27, 2019 3:34 AM

R24, Was unemployed Muhney there for the free refreshments?

by Anonymousreply 28December 27, 2019 4:16 AM

[quote]Brenda didn't have range but she was good at being the thing that she was......

You clearly didn't see the show during Brenda's first run. Early 80s Jill is but one iteration of the character. If you didn't see early Jill, then you can't really say the actress doesn't have range. She took Jill from ambitious ingenue, to romantic heroine, to defeated and destroyed young widow, to revenge seeking schemer/social climber, and the audiences ate it up. She's remembered for the Alexis Carrington/Campy/Joan Crawford Jill, but that was but one version of the character.

Two key scenes that will always stick out in my mind is when Katherine offers to buy Jill's baby and the other scene is when Katherine admits to Jill that she knows that Phillip was Phillip's father, after she had taken her to court to declare the marriage invalid and Phillip a bastard.

by Anonymousreply 29December 27, 2019 4:34 AM

R24 WTF is that dirt on Grossman's upper lip? So ridiculous when Soyboys can't grow facial hair. IT LOOKS FUCKING STUPID! Soyboy.

by Anonymousreply 30December 27, 2019 11:39 AM

Brenda's first 5 years as Jill were very good. She WAS a good actress and rose above a lot of crap. When she came back in 83 the Joan Collinses/Donna Millses were eating up primetime and that's what CBS wanted with Jill.

I just saw on FB that Lily is coming back in January to announce Cane is dead.

by Anonymousreply 31December 27, 2019 3:05 PM

Thank you for remembering R18. Please cable the producers and ask for them to bring me back.

by Anonymousreply 32December 27, 2019 3:14 PM

R31 They really hate DG that much?

by Anonymousreply 33December 27, 2019 3:20 PM

r31

link?

by Anonymousreply 34December 27, 2019 3:32 PM

For those who watched the long Jill/Kay arc of the 70’s and early 80’s, Brenda D was everything as Jill. I loved to hate her. Her stiff, formal, jagged delivery made sense in the context of her character. She was desperately trying to be something she wasn’t - upper crust. Jess Walton is talented but she’s never been Jill to me.

by Anonymousreply 35December 27, 2019 3:35 PM

I get a headache every time Jess Walton screeches as Jill. She's always yelling. I've seen her in tons of primetime stuff over the years and she was always good. She was NOT a good Jill replacement. Having said that she would have been a great Lorie Brooks replacement when JLB originally left. Deborah Adair was very good as Jill - she could have not played the vixen Dickson morphed into.

by Anonymousreply 36December 27, 2019 5:26 PM

I think Jess played Jill with more anger and it was a deliberate choice with her insecurity about her poor upbringing. I only started watching with Jess in the role in 87. There’s no denying some of the Jess Jeanne scenes were a riot and hilarious. Brenda is a terrible actress from what I’ve seen in YouTube clips. Apparently she played the role down a few notches in the 70s and early 80s. But she was campy fun before she exited the show.

by Anonymousreply 37December 27, 2019 5:42 PM

R31 I would only add that I don't think they really took her to full Alexis mode until 85/86 (during the lengthy divorce storyline), and of course, that's what they wanted from her as they inserted the character back into Jabot to continue being a thorn in everyone's side on the business front (post-divorce). But for the first couple of years she was back, she was still pretty much 'normal' Jill, or at least recognizabe Jill in transition. There used to be a really lovely scene with her and Beau when Brock returned in 1984 on youtube where he comes a-calling at the Abbott house to catch up with the new Mrs. John Abbott. I wish that scene was still available, because it showed how she could immediately call up Young Jill in a snap. There's no way Walton would have been able to convince us she was Jill in that scene.

I generally don't mind Walton, but like R36, I hate it when she barks her lines - which is far too often - and roll my eyes every time she calls someone "Darlin'" as if Jill's from Oklahoma. WTF? Sorry hon' that ain't Jill.

by Anonymousreply 38December 27, 2019 5:44 PM

IF it's true that Cane offed himself off screen....what a shocking and insulting finale to Cane and Lily fans.

by Anonymousreply 39December 28, 2019 12:55 AM

R39 Unfortunately, no character death especially off screen is really permanent.

by Anonymousreply 40December 28, 2019 1:38 AM

R40, Really?

by Anonymousreply 41December 28, 2019 2:22 AM

[qiote]Unfortunately, no character death especially off screen is really permanent.

True. But its more likely to be permanent on Y&R and B&B than on Days or GH.

by Anonymousreply 42December 28, 2019 2:22 AM

Hilary sort of came back as Amanda...

by Anonymousreply 43December 28, 2019 2:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 28, 2019 4:20 AM

Monday's USA show is so stupid. Nikki finds an abandoned baby in the Newman ranch stables, Kevin and Chloe try to cheer up a depressed Santa Claus and the lezzies try to find the owner of a bag of abandoned Christmas presents.

by Anonymousreply 45December 28, 2019 1:29 PM

Thank you, Spoilercunt O'Canada. May your cunt fall off, and may you not be able to glue it back on.

by Anonymousreply 46December 28, 2019 1:31 PM

R45 Yes it was a horribly stupid episode as always. Seriously who watches this fucking shit anymore? Trying to cheer up a depressed Satan, then Kevin brings the vomit worthy fucking kids at the end. PUKE!

by Anonymousreply 47December 28, 2019 2:03 PM

R45 isn’t EVERY show they air stupid with no point. Like weasel Kevin and useless Chloe will do anything for this show.

by Anonymousreply 48December 28, 2019 2:03 PM

R34 It was reported by SOC in their casting scoops: "Christal Khalil returns as Lily Ashby for a short arc on January 6." They also have a SPOILER that says Jill and Devon continue the hunt for Colin, so that kind of begs the question, what happened to Cane. Wasn't he taking the lead in looking for Colin? .. Meanwhile, soap.com has referred to CK's appearance as a "short visit."

IOW, don't expect much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 28, 2019 7:07 PM

SPOILER:

[quote] Kyle will run out of patience as Theo continues to insert himself further into Kyle and Lola's life, and their feud will become explosive.

That spoiler could actually be interesting, if it read:

[quote] Lola runs out of patience with a continually feuding Kyle and Theo, but things become explosive when she walks in on Theo inserting himself into Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 50December 28, 2019 7:16 PM

They've cleaned up Theo and spruced up his wardrobe, but both the character and the actor are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 51December 28, 2019 10:55 PM

I like Theo and he is just the kind of character this show needs. He's actually young and restless. The problem with Theo is that he's been grafted onto the show with a vague backstory that defies logic. The big NYC secret was stupid. Two rich party boys got an underage girl drunk at a party. Big whoop. The feud with Kyle is stupid and fake.

by Anonymousreply 52December 29, 2019 6:40 AM

[quote] The big NYC secret was stupid. Two rich party boys got an underage girl drunk at a party. Big whoop.

Yeah, very stupid. And as I recall, it wasn't even down to them as something nefarious. The little bitch was trying to make a name for herself on social media, and she crashed their party as uninvited guest and proceeded to get wasted on her own.

(btw - Only one of them is a rich, trust fund baby. We've heard more than once that Theo comes from blue collar.)

by Anonymousreply 53December 29, 2019 8:50 AM

Tell me more about these “stable boys.”

by Anonymousreply 54December 29, 2019 8:53 AM

Wow, she’s low camp. What a mess. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 55December 29, 2019 5:08 PM

The Kay and Jill dynamic went through many incarnations over 40 years. Friends. Bitter rivals. Enemies. Frenemies united against Nina. Rivals. Friends. Mother/daughter (later changed to not be true). Friends.

Along the way, you know the history and it was always -- ALWAYS there.

Now, you can tune in and you'd never know for example Summer slept with her mom's boyfriend Billy -- not the way they act or play it.

Bill must be spinning over in his grave so often he's right side up again.

by Anonymousreply 56December 29, 2019 5:21 PM

R56 Exactly. There are no characters.

by Anonymousreply 57December 29, 2019 5:36 PM

Now, you can tune in and you'd never know for example Summer slept with her mom's boyfriend Billy -- not the way they act or play it.

I've read, at least on Twitter, that they (the current Y&R writing team) is pretending that didn't happen. When Mal was fired, apparently Josh shelved that entire storyline and the audience is to assume that it never existed. Kind of like Keemo and Jack's whole Vietnam storyline.

We could do a whole thread on storylines that writers pretended never happened, forgot, or just rewrote to have never happeneded on the shows.

by Anonymousreply 58December 29, 2019 6:12 PM

It’s kind of like Victoria and Nick constantly forgiving Victor for all the shit he’s pulled for decades on them. Nikki for that matter. They always forgive. Why should Phyllis be any different?

by Anonymousreply 59December 29, 2019 6:19 PM

R58, Billy's sleeping with Summer was referred to just the other day during a Phyllis/Billy conversation.

by Anonymousreply 60December 29, 2019 6:21 PM

Hasn't Adam's sleeping with Rafe also been left in the past?

by Anonymousreply 61December 29, 2019 6:27 PM

R61 unfortunately yes.

by Anonymousreply 62December 29, 2019 6:28 PM

Nick at least has some small, bland personality.

Victoria's been a wet rang since Amelia started playing her.

by Anonymousreply 63December 29, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote] Tell me more about these “stable boys.”

The main one was "Jeff the Stable Boy." He was played by Rod Arrants, who was 29 when he appeared as Jeff. (The photo below is from when he was on "Search for Tomorrow" several years later.)

Did Wilma Jeanne pinch that ass?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 29, 2019 9:57 PM

[quote]Victoria's been a wet rag since Amelia started playing her.

At least she's free of her predecessor's sphincter issues.

by Anonymousreply 65December 29, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote] Nick at least has some small, bland personality.

Nick would be somewhat interesting, if he started exploring his bi-side.

Dejected over his situation with Chelsea, Nick goes to the dive bar to drown his sorrows.

After a few beers, Nick's a pretty easy mark for the blond twink flirting with him in the men's room when he goes to take a piss.

A few days later, Nick still can't get the best blow job of his life out of his mind.

And soon, a certain someone is hired to be the new live-in manny for Christian.

by Anonymousreply 66December 29, 2019 10:28 PM

[quote] At least she's free of her predecessor's sphincter issues.

But Heather Tom's Pinched Sphincter Syndrome is what made her so compelling!

by Anonymousreply 67December 29, 2019 11:13 PM

R15 Had to look up what Heather Tom looks like... Yikes, holy Fundie Frau Face!

by Anonymousreply 68December 29, 2019 11:28 PM

Jeanne Cooper guest stars on "Big Valley"-chewing the scenery as only she can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 29, 2019 11:35 PM

That is simply not true, r67. Heather Tom was one of the main reasons I couldn't watch this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 70December 29, 2019 11:58 PM

These days I don't really miss HT all that much. I will say, she was totally believable as the spoiled Newman princess, though.

And on that note, I think Heinle was so miscast. Instead of Victoria, Jack Smith should have cast her as Mackenzie. .. And just think, if that had occurred, she still could have starred in the on-again-off-again thing with Billy Abbott.

Some of Miss Heather's best work was opposite Tricia Cast. The triangle with Ryan was one of those rare ones, where I never could decide which girl he should be with. He probably should have stuck with fuckbuddy Neil .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 30, 2019 12:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 30, 2019 12:24 AM

I’ve gotten used to AH in the role, considering she’s played the role for so long. Despite Toms five Emmys, I just don’t like her face. She’s been on B and B for so long and truly being wasted. Decent soap actress, but as she gets older her head gets bigger. At this point I’d be disappointed if they brought her back to Y and R.

by Anonymousreply 73December 30, 2019 12:52 AM

Heather has a perfect pig face like Amy "Miss Piggy" Schumer. They could be twins. Her ugliness means anything she does is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 74December 30, 2019 1:28 AM

I only know Brenda Dickson from clips on YouTube. Jess Walton was already Jill when I was born and I didn't start watching Y&R until the late 00's. From my take on Jill from what I've seen, Brenda represents young vivacious Jill who thinks and pretends she knows it all and Jess represents an older embittered battle scarred Jill after she's actually learned it all. Jess is just an evolution of Brenda. If Brenda never left and continued playing Jill as is, it most likely would've gotten old and boring fast. It's called character development.

by Anonymousreply 75December 30, 2019 1:40 AM

a female pal said Adam sleeping with Rafe made no sense as Adam's not gay.

I said sure, but he's willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants; he would have slept with Esther if he needed to keep her quiet.

My friend said he should have punched Rafe. I said. well, that's a choice, but later Rafe would have given Adam up for his crime (whatever it was).

Some women can't believe men will do anything.

by Anonymousreply 76December 30, 2019 1:49 AM

I think Heather T fell out with either Melody or (more likely) Hans.

The Bells wanted to keep her and wooed her back from OLTL to do B&B. But it was clear she couldn't work with one of her on screen parents.

by Anonymousreply 77December 30, 2019 2:15 AM

R76 Your female pal needs to do some research on things like behavioral or conditional bisexuality and situational homosexuality.

And punching Rafe would only have made Adam look more guilty (of gas lighting Ashley while allowing Rafe's Aunt Estella to take the blame) than Rafe was already beginning to consider. Rafe was about to search half-blind Adam's room for evidence, and Adam had to do something to get Rafe on side immediately. And because Adam was basically "in prison" in his bedroom at The Ranch (with the ankle device monitoring him), the only thing he could think of to distract gay Rafe was to express feelings for his attorney and prove them with sex. In that regard, it wasn't that different than a prisoner distracting the guard with sex in order to give him time to get rid of evidence in his cell.

by Anonymousreply 78December 30, 2019 2:17 AM

R77 As I recall, Heather fell out with Shaughnessy and Smith, because she wouldn't take the pay cut based primarily on their proposed reduction of her episodes.

In any event, she's still pals with both MTS and EB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 30, 2019 2:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 30, 2019 2:31 AM

I defer to Fox's posts at R79 and R80.

by Anonymousreply 81December 30, 2019 2:34 AM

R80 Holy pie face!

by Anonymousreply 82December 30, 2019 4:21 AM

R79, Was that a memorial service?

by Anonymousreply 83December 30, 2019 5:16 AM

R83 No, that photo of them is from when the City of Los Angeles declared September 20, 2016 “CBS Daytime Day.” They were downtown at L.A. City Hall. This was one of the celebratory events when the CBS Daytime lineup attained its milestone of being ranked No. 1 for 30 years.

R79

by Anonymousreply 84December 30, 2019 6:05 AM

They made a big mistake killing off Colleen, Brad and John. I wonder if John's spirit will make an appearance when Dina dies to escort her to Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 85December 30, 2019 7:09 AM

Heather Tom actually looked like the daughter of Victor and Nikki. And she can act her butt off. Losing her was a blow to the show.

by Anonymousreply 86December 30, 2019 7:15 AM

"Losing" Heather Tom contributed towards making the show watchable for me. I could not stand Princess PSS's facial expression one bit.

by Anonymousreply 87December 30, 2019 7:19 AM

Heather Tom's face looks like the face that one sees when one looks into a spoon.

by Anonymousreply 88December 30, 2019 1:58 PM

R78, yeah, I think my female pal is a deeply repressed lesbian and I'm not going to bring that up to her.

by Anonymousreply 89December 30, 2019 4:10 PM

it was over money with Heather; she said screw this; she went to NY, played Kelly on OLTL and got nominated for an Emmy and was among those first on her feet when Genie Francis won for Laura.

Amelia's nice, but totally forgettable in the role; yes, she's won two emmys; other emmy winners are Julie Pinson and Shemar Moore and Susan Haskell.

Heather makes her roles interesting; other actresses do what's required and check out.

by Anonymousreply 90December 30, 2019 4:12 PM

If the result of the Christmas show was to make the audience want to kill everyone on the screen - it was a success.

My irrational hatred for "Conner" has increased ten fold. The kid is SO bad......I wish him into the cornfield.

by Anonymousreply 91December 30, 2019 5:20 PM

r90

She also wanted to break into the legitimate theater on the Broadway but did that god awful gorilla play

by Anonymousreply 92December 30, 2019 5:53 PM

I saw that play! One of the most memorable (in all the worst ways) evenings I’ve ever spent in the theatre. Her ASL skills were really impressive (I gather she has a deaf relative or something) but she was even more bland onstage than she is on TV. And this, in a play in which she gets sexually molested by a gorilla.

by Anonymousreply 93December 30, 2019 6:13 PM

I will NOT stand for this rudeness!

Pinched Spinchter Syndrome is a devastating disease and Heather is a survivor!!!!

by Anonymousreply 94December 30, 2019 6:16 PM

A Nina and Phillip mention .. but of course, we can't actually see Chance leave Jill, Esther, Kevin, Chloe, and Bella at The Mausoleum, because the set has undoubtedly been shuttered.

by Anonymousreply 95December 31, 2019 2:08 AM

The writers now have Phyllis roaming Genoa City like a sex starved stalker in her scenes with Adam, Billy, Nick, Chance and Jack.

by Anonymousreply 96December 31, 2019 4:25 AM

I laughed when Syphyllis was mooning over Aunt Jack's masculine "square jaw and blue eyes." Has the bitch looked in the mirror lately? He own jaw is far more square than Jack's! Blue eyes as well.

Maybe they should have her hit on Mariah or Tessa.

by Anonymousreply 97December 31, 2019 6:13 AM

If they have Phyllis paired up again with Jack it will be the biggest f'n joke ever.

by Anonymousreply 98December 31, 2019 10:25 AM

Donnelly Rhodes as Phillip Chancellor, Katherine's husband (who was killed when Katherine drove herself and Philip off a cliff in a drunken rage). I thought he was gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 31, 2019 2:00 PM

At 22:20 in the 12/30/19 episode, Nikki says to the poor young mother who just abandoned her baby in the Newman stable, "this must seem like another world." And all I could think was "If only." But in today's impoverished soap universe, the Newmans have become the Corys.

by Anonymousreply 100December 31, 2019 2:28 PM

Abby and Chance have zero chemistry and Jill as this guy's grandmother is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 101December 31, 2019 5:09 PM

R101 agreed. I’ll bet the farm they recast Chance next year.

by Anonymousreply 102December 31, 2019 6:48 PM

Can they recast Melissa Boredway as well? I've lost track at how many guys they've paired Abby with, and it's generally zip nada zilch.

by Anonymousreply 103December 31, 2019 6:55 PM

Since Boredway took over the role (2013), they've tried pairing her with Alex Chavez, Tyler Michaelson, Austin Travers, Stitch Rayburn, Zack Stinnett, Scott Grainger, Arturo Rosales, and Nate Hastings. If Abby hooks up with Chance Chancellor, he'll be No. 9 in six years.

by Anonymousreply 104December 31, 2019 7:37 PM

R104, Abby's had some choice dick.

by Anonymousreply 105December 31, 2019 8:38 PM

Seven of those eight exes have either been exiled or killed off. Nate must be breathing a sigh of relief that he's still around.

by Anonymousreply 106December 31, 2019 8:49 PM

CBS: So guys. What have we got going on for Christmas?

Morina: We'll be thrilling viewers with an unseen sick kitten, an abandoned baby, and lesbians bearing gifts!

Griffith: And don't forget Liz Hendrickson's real-life pregnancy! I think we should send her some flowers for giving us that one!

Morina: Sorry, Josh. We don't have the money. I'll see if the prop department can spare the baby booties from the scene.

by Anonymousreply 107December 31, 2019 9:46 PM

I bought Brenda's book for $2 a while back. I really need to dig in and share the ludicrousness here

by Anonymousreply 108December 31, 2019 10:18 PM

R108 please do. I said a few days back we need a good Brendad thread again.

by Anonymousreply 109December 31, 2019 10:36 PM

R108 Someone started a thread about her last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 31, 2019 10:54 PM

Brendad was so bad but so good. She was funny without trying to be funny. That makes really good soap. The thing about soaps now is when they purposely try to be "funny" it falls flat. Soaps are within themselves just camp without ever having to try. The one exception was Dorothy Lyman's Opal Gardner which the likes of has never been seen again.

Heather Weber on GH was one of the best villains then in later years they made her into some clownish character that became painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 111December 31, 2019 11:01 PM

[quote] Every scene worked and was good soap opera. I remember I was in a kid and Brenda's Jill would show up

Way too much information, Miss r15.

by Anonymousreply 112December 31, 2019 11:13 PM

Oh dearest, R15. Some things are too offensive even for this depraved site. Get help, dear!!!!!! SICK FUCK!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 113December 31, 2019 11:53 PM

Keith and Gina on Santa Barbara were hilarious = same with Iris and Vivian on AW.

by Anonymousreply 114January 1, 2020 5:22 AM

Enough with the Adam-Chelsea-Nick storyline already. Who gives a shit?

And what's with all the Billy voice overs?

by Anonymousreply 115January 1, 2020 10:49 AM

[quote]Enough with the Adam-Chelsea-Nick storyline already.

Yes. We need to divert more time to Theo, Jabottom, Lola, and Summer. To say nothing of Chelsea, Abby, and Chance. Oh, and yes, fascinating Billy and Amanda.

I wouldn't mind removing Nick and Chelsea from Adam's story, tbh, but Adam is the only reason I am still watching.

by Anonymousreply 116January 1, 2020 11:00 AM

Adam is so wasted on this putrid long dead "soap". His scenes with Stafford yesterday were embarrassing. Nick is the stupidest dog ever. Sleeping with him is a prize for absolutely no one in the history of mankind. I hate Nick, Chelsea, Conner, and Stafford is now one of the 90% of YnR cast members who are absolutely useless.

by Anonymousreply 117January 1, 2020 1:19 PM

CAN YOU ALL IMAGINE IF brenda was on "passions" the ultimate campy and homoerotic soap in history! Lol!...

speaking of her "jill" i forget did she ever get around to finally finally seducing hunky brad (don diamont) in the sack? gosh knows she tried again and again and again! did he ever finally "give it up" to her? oh, how i remember the days of diamont in speedos and the rest of the hot males on other soaps donning speedos too!..

i wish i could find anywhere and i've tried and tried over the years the episodes of Y &R around 1982/83 of the late great john gibson as male stripper/gigolo jerry "cash" cashman!!!!!! Scenes of him shirtless in red spandex pants and scenes of him strutting around in the tiny blue speedo as he lounged around the mansion of Kay Chancellor soon to become her boy toy and only in soap opera land falling in actual love with the rich horny old bitty old enough to be his mother (if not more!) lol!

how i vaguely remember the scene of kate chancellor looking down from the 2nd floor of her mansion seeing his nearly naked body strutting around and then laying out and kate literally licking her licks and trembling all over! SO SO DAMN HOT!

HOW I WISH i could see these scenes and episodes of JOHN GIBSON. but alas i can't find anything on him anywhere online! MAJOR BUMMER!

by Anonymousreply 118January 1, 2020 1:32 PM

Adam and Phyllis had only one scene together yesterday (12/31), r117, and it was very brief. She was talking to Jack and Adam came over and they shared but a brief moment of snarkasm. She mostly talked to Jack, Nick, and Summer. He was mainly with Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 119January 1, 2020 2:45 PM

R120 nope. Stafford and Adam had a long convo about Adam's "diabolical" plan to get Staff to sleep with Nick the dog to break up Nickhelsea. Some of the worst writing yet for poor Adam. We need to set up a gofundme to get him onto a better show. Even GH would be an improvement. Staff and Adam confronted each other about both of them living in the past.

by Anonymousreply 120January 1, 2020 3:39 PM

R120 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 121January 1, 2020 4:18 PM

I’m unsure WHY they brought Staff back to do next to nothing for the last six months she’s been on. The fact that Abby got over on her is hilarious. The old Phyllis would’ve chewed her up and spit her out. Somewhere Gina Tognoni is laughing her ass off knowing the state of the character now.

by Anonymousreply 122January 1, 2020 4:18 PM

R122 having anyone tear up in a convo with Nick the dog is about the most humiliating thing a legit actress can endure. Nick has never had any soul or character. He is 10 billion% useless/worthless. I hate all the Newmans except Adam but Nick is as useless as dating a lesbian without any sex organs.

by Anonymousreply 123January 1, 2020 4:35 PM

r120, we must be talking about different dates. I didn't watch the show live, but caught what was marked the 12/31/19 episode on cbs.com this morning.

I just turned it on. What you're describing is on now, 1/1/20.

by Anonymousreply 124January 1, 2020 4:43 PM

Glad you finally caught up, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 125January 1, 2020 4:47 PM

r125 = Spoilercunt O'Canada

by Anonymousreply 126January 1, 2020 4:51 PM

R126 there are ways you can watch any country in the worlds programming online, dummy. It doesn't take a genius to get past the locks.

by Anonymousreply 127January 1, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote] speaking of her "jill" i forget did she ever get around to finally finally seducing hunky brad (don diamont) in the sack?

No, Jill never actually got my Georgie boy into the sack. And years later in the 00s, he and NuJill had a funny conversation about that very subject.

by Anonymousreply 128January 1, 2020 7:07 PM

As I revealed a few weeks ago, Jonny has returned to SON to terrorize the regulars. He has enlisted the help of Donna B, an escaped mental patient/nuthouse resident. The Soap Network posters will not be able to sleep a wink with these two on the loose. The drama over at SON is just gripping. I am on the edge of my seat wondering what Jonny and Donna will do next!

by Anonymousreply 129January 1, 2020 8:33 PM

The SON drama is better than the show. What is Jonnys new screen namw on the board?

by Anonymousreply 130January 1, 2020 9:04 PM

^^^ No, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 131January 1, 2020 9:08 PM

How long has Jill been calling everyone "Darlin'"? I don't remember her doing it ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 132January 1, 2020 9:49 PM

And still, no one here gives any fucks, whatsoever, about drama on Twitter on other boards.

Ever.

Ever.

Ever.

E V E R

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 1, 2020 10:04 PM

R132 Believe it or not she started doing it as far back as 2004 -- maybe earlier. But I have a scene from that year where she uses it while addressing John. It's only gotten more habitual over time. I don't know where the hell Walton came up with the idea to make Jill sound like Okie, but I've always found it eye-rolling (R38).

by Anonymousreply 134January 1, 2020 10:24 PM

Nick the dog finally dumped Chelsea today. Freeing her up to be with Adam. I could not imagine a more annoying family than Adam-Chels-Conner. Puke!

by Anonymousreply 135January 2, 2020 1:25 AM

I've gone ahead an removed the show from my DVR. They ruined my favorite character, Adam, with this Conner/Chelsea bullshit. I'm intrigued by Hillary and Billy, but not enough to keep me tuned in.

by Anonymousreply 136January 2, 2020 1:47 AM

The drama is always on at SON. thank goodness I can go there for my drama fix. What new creepy avatars will Jonny use? Is a poster going to tell off that lunatic Donna? I am getting my popcorn ready.

by Anonymousreply 137January 2, 2020 2:01 AM

when is the opening gonna be updated?

by Anonymousreply 138January 2, 2020 2:04 AM

my friend told me that gina togoni got fired becUse she punched fhe woman who plays esther in tbe face. is that true?

by Anonymousreply 139January 2, 2020 2:27 AM

With Angelina McDaniel gone this show is nearing its expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 140January 2, 2020 2:48 AM

Fat Angie’s pussy stank.

by Anonymousreply 141January 2, 2020 2:51 AM

Word of advice: you only have to block one crazy to block it from talking to itself about [crap no-one cares about]

by Anonymousreply 142January 2, 2020 3:45 AM

Nikki looked like a Hormel sausage in her NYE gown.

by Anonymousreply 143January 2, 2020 4:13 AM

Inwould like to see more Esther on this show. she is my favorite

by Anonymousreply 144January 2, 2020 4:34 AM

Kate Linder has joined us.

by Anonymousreply 145January 2, 2020 7:28 PM

Better Kate Linder than Doug Davidson and his ill-fitting toupee.

by Anonymousreply 146January 2, 2020 7:31 PM

I nominate this as 2019's photo of the year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 2, 2020 7:47 PM

Sharon Case is going to be phenomenal in this upcoming storyline.

by Anonymousreply 148January 2, 2020 9:39 PM

Will Doris make an appearance? It's the kind of thing that brings mothers-daughters together.

And what about NuNoah? It would provide and opportunity for him to return from London with his hot, new British boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 149January 2, 2020 10:00 PM

R149 unlikely. Doris probably died offscreen. When’s the last time she was on? 10 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 150January 2, 2020 10:32 PM

Nikki wouldn’t allow Doris at the new Ranch house because her pussy stank the last time she visited and her poor people’s wheelchair scratched up the hardwood floors and furniture.

by Anonymousreply 151January 2, 2020 10:35 PM

As I recall, Doris gave up on Sharon after she hooked up with Victor, but I believe she was mentioned a few years ago during the Mariah (twin) reveal - something about Nick not being able to contact Doris, because she was on some trip, so he spoke to Grace Turner about what happened the night Cassie was born instead. Also, when Adamson was still playing Noah, it was once said that he was visiting Grandma Doris in Eau Claire.

by Anonymousreply 152January 2, 2020 10:53 PM

I agree r148. Sharon Case is still one of the best things about Y&R. A true soap heroine.

by Anonymousreply 153January 2, 2020 11:18 PM

As I recall, Doris Collins appeared on the last season of My 600-lb. Life. She is now using a double-seated wheelchair and utilizes UberEats to deliver her McDonald’s.

by Anonymousreply 154January 2, 2020 11:32 PM

When Doris stands up, she's not much heftier than that bitch Nikki Newman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 2, 2020 11:42 PM

R147 Brenda's funbags will SAVE this show!

by Anonymousreply 156January 2, 2020 11:47 PM

Doris’s doctor told her to go on a diet and exercise, but she is poor and could not understand that did not mean wheeling herself over to the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 157January 2, 2020 11:54 PM

R148, I missed it. What is her upcoming storyline?

by Anonymousreply 158January 3, 2020 12:32 AM

R158 in today's episode she found a lump in her funbags. So cancer of the teats.

by Anonymousreply 159January 3, 2020 12:36 AM

Doris has not made it to Genoa City because her wheelchair has had a flat tire for several years.

by Anonymousreply 160January 3, 2020 12:45 AM

The discharge from Doris’s snatch leaked through her wheelchair seat and destroyed Nikki’s hardwood floors. Miguel could not work the stain or smell out of the pine.

by Anonymousreply 161January 3, 2020 12:48 AM

R159, Rey didn't find it first?

by Anonymousreply 162January 3, 2020 2:00 AM

Conner will surely save her - the little bastard is in charge now obviously.

by Anonymousreply 163January 3, 2020 2:51 PM

I tuned back in starting today for this Sharon storyline after quitting when Gina was let go. Idk if I can do it though. I basically had everyone on mute. Is Chelsea really on EVERY day? JFC.

by Anonymousreply 164January 3, 2020 5:40 PM

Tanner Watts .. Tanner Watts .. Tanner Watts .. Ohmygawd TANNER WATTS!

Is this a drinking game?

by Anonymousreply 165January 3, 2020 7:16 PM

I kept thinking Tessa was going to do this.....she wasn't quite as subtle.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 3, 2020 9:11 PM

R165 Tan her twat?

by Anonymousreply 167January 3, 2020 10:07 PM

Thom Bierdz is on Twitter and has actually made me laugh.

He's posted a few crazy guys (think "Florida Man") and then says, "Is he single?"

by Anonymousreply 168January 3, 2020 10:49 PM

The ex- Mrs. Tanner Watts?

Now, all we need is Mariah's ex-fiancé, Tyler Michaelson, to return.

by Anonymousreply 169January 3, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote]Nick not being able to contact Doris, because she was on some trip, so he spoke to Grace Turner about what happened the night Cassie was born instead.

What [italic]did[/italic] happen the night Cassie was born? Who is their father?

by Anonymousreply 170January 4, 2020 3:28 PM

So does this mean Connor [italic]isn't[/italic] going to burn down Crimson Lights after all?

by Anonymousreply 171January 4, 2020 3:29 PM

R170 Cassie and Mariah's father was Sharon's boyfriend from high school named "Frank Barritt." We met Frank in the mid-90s during the original Cassie storyline, but he was later killed off during the Cameron Kirsten storyline.

In the New World Cult retcon with Ian Ward, we learned that a nurse at the hospital was a member of Ian's resurrected cult known as "The Path" and arranged to steal one of Sharon's babies. Apparently, Sharon didn't know she was preggers with twins, and she was so knocked out on drugs given to her by the doctor that she didn't know she'd given birth to two babies. Grace and Doris were at the hospital, but didn't know that either, as the second baby (Mariah), came later after Sharon was whisked off. The doctor agreed to be in on the scheme, because he was paid him off to cover his huge gambling debts. The nurse, "Helen Copeland", took the baby and raised "Mariah" as her own daughter in the cult.

by Anonymousreply 172January 4, 2020 5:45 PM

"The cult"? Oh, I'm glad I missed that.

I do hope Sharon will call Doris next week, though.

Will this bring Nick and Sharon back together?

by Anonymousreply 173January 4, 2020 5:59 PM

"The cult"? Oh, I'm glad I missed that.

I do hope Sharon will call Doris next week, though.

Will this bring Nick and Sharon back together?

by Anonymousreply 174January 4, 2020 5:59 PM

Who will be enjoying Nick's cock next?

by Anonymousreply 175January 4, 2020 6:00 PM

I'm betting on Sharon, r175.

by Anonymousreply 176January 4, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote] Who will be enjoying Nick's cock next?

I pitched that storyline for my character and am waiting to hear back.

by Anonymousreply 177January 4, 2020 7:17 PM

Is NuFen supposed to be this boring? He had some more personality last time he was in town.

by Anonymousreply 178January 4, 2020 8:16 PM

R178, Fen had the antagonist relationship with Kyle that Kyle now has with Theo.

by Anonymousreply 179January 4, 2020 8:29 PM

NuFen would be a good option to answer R175's question. At least that wouldn't be boring.

FenMo could stop by to visit Summer. When she's not at home, Nick says he can stick around and wait for her. They begin to play video gaymes, and one thing leads to another.

Perfectly within Nick's character, because that scenario always makes him horny.

by Anonymousreply 180January 4, 2020 8:30 PM

Hasn't EVERY Y&R actor named their book something similar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 5, 2020 1:29 AM

R181, Will Mel reveal why she suddenly stopped speaking to Jeanne Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 182January 5, 2020 2:07 AM

I wonder if she'll expound on the circumstances surrounding why her pal John Enos was fired.

Go fuck yourself, Hans.

by Anonymousreply 183January 5, 2020 10:13 AM

Household name? I think Susan Lucci, Tony and Genie and Dee Dee are the only ones that applies to in soaps.

by Anonymousreply 184January 5, 2020 11:35 AM

OTOH, r184, Y&R has been the number one soap for as long as I've been watching them. I don't think I'd have any idea who Genie and Dee Dee were if I weren't already a soap watcher.

Obviously, I can't swear I'd know who Nikki and Victor are if I weren't a soap fan, but I think Katherine Chancellor Sterling is a name most people with a basic familiarity with popular culture would recognize.

by Anonymousreply 185January 5, 2020 11:39 AM

Oh c'mon R185. You can say a lot a things about Genie and Dee, but both of those bitches have cross platform fame. They made their bones in soaps and are essentially soap stars, but they are known by people who have never watched an episode of any soap. Melody is popular, but not so much outside of daytime.

I personally think these are the only soap stars who are actual TV "stars":

Susan Lucci

Tony Geary

Genie Francis

Deidre Hall

This doesn't include people like Mac Carey, Ruth Warrick, Dana Andrews, etc. who came to soaps after a previous career in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 186January 5, 2020 2:46 PM

It's really not something I feel that strongly about, r186, so okay, you win.

Sorry, Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 187January 5, 2020 2:54 PM

I think people often know of the mythical "Victor Newman," but can't always come up with or associate that to Eric-Hans.

by Anonymousreply 188January 5, 2020 7:58 PM

I don't think too many soap memoirs have been really revelatory. They're usually sanitized to high heaven.

The books I think have been blunt about things were the Harding Lemay book, the One Life to Live history, and to a small degree, Kim Zimmer's book.

But the Y&R books, minus maybe Rowell's book, have all been pretty mild. The Bill Bell book was boring, so was Jeanne's, and I couldn't both to read the Hans Is Awesome book.

by Anonymousreply 189January 5, 2020 8:10 PM

SPOILER:

[quote] Nate is asked to participate in a new venture.

How 'bout modeling swimwear, underwear, and tasteful jock straps for Lauren's new "Fenmore's International" project?

by Anonymousreply 190January 5, 2020 8:21 PM

The way the sanitized and white washed Bill Bell's book was just an embarrassment. Zimmer's was a good read, but she didn't have to shade Beth Ehlers like she did.

by Anonymousreply 191January 6, 2020 1:06 AM

what is kim zimmer up to these days? in her "prime" she was up there with lucci and slezak and hall and in rarefied soap opera queen air..

by Anonymousreply 192January 6, 2020 1:14 AM

Zimmer at least didn't mention Ehlers by name.

by Anonymousreply 193January 6, 2020 1:54 AM

R192 During the last couple months, Zimmer was filming something for Chrystal Chappel's latest season of "Venice the Lesbian Series."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 6, 2020 1:57 AM

Zimmer does some theatre, too — mostly regional stuff.

by Anonymousreply 195January 6, 2020 2:17 AM

OMG Mariah - create a situation out of nothing and wail and cry about it and try to build it up....and then got tell your Mom all about how wounded and betrayed you are...

Camryn Grimes is awful.

Although it does make it nice to give me time to go get a drink.....

by Anonymousreply 196January 6, 2020 9:42 PM

Doubtful Mariah ever told Tessa that she was once engaged to marry her BBC boyfriend, Tyler Michaelson, and that she once hit on her dead twin sister's adopted father, Nicholas Newman. The image of that one was ill-inducing.

by Anonymousreply 197January 6, 2020 10:01 PM

R197, Not as ill-inducing as the marriage of Sharon and Victor.

by Anonymousreply 198January 6, 2020 10:13 PM

If that happened, r198, I'm glad I wasn't watching. Who was HW?

by Anonymousreply 199January 6, 2020 10:15 PM

Camryn Grimes is only still around because she’s Camryn Grimes.

by Anonymousreply 200January 6, 2020 11:00 PM

R200 wtf?

by Anonymousreply 201January 6, 2020 11:06 PM

r199

I think it was Maria Bell

by Anonymousreply 202January 6, 2020 11:13 PM

The child actor playing Conner is just NOT good, he seems disconnected from the rest of the scenes all the time. About the only way I would enjoy him, is if they turned Conner into full on evil, then his strange awkwardness MIGHT be compelling.

by Anonymousreply 203January 6, 2020 11:15 PM

That fucking kid is on every day. Now that Adam and Chelsea will be fucking soon, hopefully it’s the end of this loser storyline and their precious kid will be upstairs never to be seen again.

by Anonymousreply 204January 6, 2020 11:17 PM

ugh.

by Anonymousreply 205January 7, 2020 12:31 AM

I’m the opposite - I have my stable boys during the day (when they’re on break) and my liquor 🥃 to fill my lonely nights.

by Anonymousreply 206January 7, 2020 12:36 AM

R201 She only still has a job because of nostalgia reasons. She played Cassie so they’re not going to let her go... despite having zero romantic chemistry with anyone and Mariah being completely pointless. They hardly even write for her.

by Anonymousreply 207January 7, 2020 12:52 AM

R207 YR has let go many actors and nostalgia means nothing to them. I like Grimes, but to be fair Griffith has his favorites now and he’s not writing for most of the cast. And writing pure shit for the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 208January 7, 2020 1:10 AM

What do you guys think of Billary. No, Hillary never really died. The shit is supposed to hit the fan with boring, pointless, worthless Amelia Heinle soon. Fuck do I hate that useless wench.

by Anonymousreply 209January 7, 2020 2:08 AM

I generally found Hillary to be a mixed bag. Every HW tried to do something different with the character. Personally, I didn't mind that she was killed off. I thought most of her dullness was because she was stuck with Dull Devon. But now that she's playing Amanda, MM is proving she's pretty one-note herself.

by Anonymousreply 210January 7, 2020 2:22 AM

What did piggy Zimmer say bad or imply narratively about co-stars? She was such a ham. Over rated scenery chewer.

by Anonymousreply 211January 7, 2020 2:31 AM

R211 She was pretty fair and/or kind, but without naming names, she mentioned someone who was a "black cloud of negativity" on set. It was pretty clear reading between the lines that she was talking about Beth Ehlers (Harley).

I was the poster at R189 who mentioned her book. It wasn't a Pulitzer Prize winner but she was a bit more forthcoming. Most of the Y&R books have been big puff pieces.

by Anonymousreply 212January 7, 2020 3:38 AM

Current Midwestern Marvel thread "Christmas at Company" has been Murieled.

by Anonymousreply 213January 7, 2020 5:13 AM

New P&G thread for you r213

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214January 7, 2020 5:33 AM

Dear God in Heaven!

Y&R is boring as hell right now. I don't think I've ever been so bored by this show as I am now. And that's saying a lot given that Sally Susman wrote a pretty boring show.

by Anonymousreply 215January 7, 2020 5:35 AM

r214 Grazie, Aunt Liz. See you in Bay City.

by Anonymousreply 216January 7, 2020 5:37 AM

I figured out what the guy who plays Billy looks like. Long skinny limbs, legs. He is a perfect preying mantis.

by Anonymousreply 217January 7, 2020 11:19 PM

I bet he's got a long, skinny donger.

by Anonymousreply 218January 7, 2020 11:21 PM

Yea. He doesn't have BDF.

by Anonymousreply 219January 7, 2020 11:24 PM

Anyone having trouble watching the free episodes on CBS.com using Chrome? I keep getting this error message: "Sorry this video is currently unavailable. Please refresh the page or try another browser. Error Code: 2004" after the first commercial. Of course, refreshing the page or trying another browser doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 220January 8, 2020 12:39 AM

Kyle said he used to bartend in The Hamptons for a hedge fund manager.

Well, I suppose that could be somewhat more intellectually stimulating than than being the guy's pool boy.

by Anonymousreply 221January 8, 2020 5:43 AM

Is Mariah upset because Tessa's ex might have a bigger dick than she does?

by Anonymousreply 222January 8, 2020 6:13 AM

I wish the non-contract guy playing Tanner had been hired to play Chance.

by Anonymousreply 223January 8, 2020 6:57 PM

Chance is growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 224January 8, 2020 7:42 PM

R220 I've had no problem. (I use Firefox).

But looking at this log, you're not alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225January 8, 2020 8:25 PM

R224 I wish I could make Chance "grow."

by Anonymousreply 226January 8, 2020 9:48 PM

I watch Y&R on my IPad on the CBS app. The app crashes on me about every 3 out of 5 times. This especially happens if I watch multiple shows in a row -- the app crashes sometime into the second show. So,essentially it doesn't last much longer than an hour.

I sometimes get a Fatal Error message, sometimes not.

by Anonymousreply 227January 8, 2020 11:44 PM

So Chelsea finally gets her holes banged by Adam today. I noticed Adam has bitch tits. Dude looks very trans in the nude. FTMs can look a million times more masculine than our fey Adam.

by Anonymousreply 228January 9, 2020 1:41 AM

Thursday . . . lezzie sex!

by Anonymousreply 229January 9, 2020 7:42 AM

I'll do lesbian things! It's time to bring me back!

by Anonymousreply 230January 9, 2020 1:41 PM

why do all the "young hunks" on Y & R looks trans or effeminate? none of them even have great bodies even!...IN ALL OF HOLLYWOOD, their are no better actors who are actually handsome and built who can act too besides what is on that show now??? really? REALLY??

whose doing the casting?...

by Anonymousreply 231January 9, 2020 2:43 PM

If you're complaining about Mark Grossman, r231, shut the fuck up. He's terrific.

If, OTOH, you want to whine about Theo and Kyle, come sit at my table. I left the room during Kyle's most recent poutathon. They fired that Lauchlan guy to hire this utter douchebag? And Theo...well, just saying the name is enough.

by Anonymousreply 232January 9, 2020 2:58 PM

R232 Grossman is somewhat hot but he does have that same ladyface most men have who were born after 1980. The guy who plays Chance actually looks like a real man which is why I like him. I used to think Grossman was hot now I think he looks very feminine plus he cannot grow facial hair at all. Something most FTMs can do easily. Kyla definitely has severe ladyface. Theo has it somewhat but he is also quite disturbingly ugly.

by Anonymousreply 233January 9, 2020 3:40 PM

R233. thank you! grossman among others on that soap look like female face runway model twinks.. sorry, i want a MASCULINE HANDSOME m-a-n.... if they are going to be "pretty boys" at least have them look more manly, masculine in the face, not look like a strong would could break their faces and bodies in half like a twig!..and i want built bodies, not some abs and nothing else..

by Anonymousreply 234January 9, 2020 6:13 PM

Y&R has always had pretty boys. This isn't anything new.

by Anonymousreply 235January 9, 2020 6:58 PM

Soap Opera News shows Tessa & Maria are No. 1 in the couples poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236January 9, 2020 7:06 PM

OMG I voted for Devon and whatshername forgettable EMT chick. They're no. 100 in my book!

by Anonymousreply 237January 9, 2020 7:38 PM

R235.. all the soaps always had "pretty boys' that was the appeal of the soaps including the non stop sex scenes.. but in the past the "pretty boys' were M-E-N not twinky rail thin runway models of feminine features.....

the soaps had "pretty boys" and "butch manly men" that had bodies to match..

by Anonymousreply 238January 9, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote] "butch manly men" that had bodies to match..

Like me?

by Anonymousreply 239January 9, 2020 9:53 PM

r228, that scene was so short, there wasn't enough to bitch about.

That said, if you and your fellow swoleholes don't like Mark Grossman, just go back to the Rocco Steele He-Man Horse's Ass Fan Club rock you're obviously so much more comfortable underneath. Please. We will not miss you. Not for a moment. Go, Rocco. Go, Rocco fan club.

by Anonymousreply 240January 9, 2020 11:28 PM

R15 I love memories like this. I miss soaps.

by Anonymousreply 241January 9, 2020 11:34 PM

A new "bangs free" wig for Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 242January 10, 2020 9:38 AM

How many acting classes did Kyle take to perfect the pressed lips together trick? He has it down for sure.

by Anonymousreply 243January 10, 2020 4:11 PM

You know I never watched this show but I've seen Brenda Dixon on youtube and she is so bad and so "daytime" maudlin that it is kind of awesome.

by Anonymousreply 244January 10, 2020 4:13 PM

Viewers who watched Brenda in her earlier incarnation of Jill Foster know that's not the extent of her acting.

And whatever one thinks of her last couple of years in the role, it's obviously what TPTB wanted from her, because when they hired Walton, they stuck her in a room with a bunch of Brenda videos and told her "to act like her."

Poor Jess couldn't quite master it, and Lester finally advised her to give it up and try to make the character her own.

by Anonymousreply 245January 10, 2020 7:08 PM

Sharon promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 10, 2020 10:32 PM

Sharon needs a threesome with Nick and Rey to cheer her up.

by Anonymousreply 247January 11, 2020 1:09 AM

Whatever. I'd like to do nasty things with Theo. Yes, I'm a whore.

by Anonymousreply 248January 11, 2020 1:13 AM

Didn't we just have big scenes of Faith leaving after Christmas to go back to boarding school? Then she just pops back in for her sister's birthday. That isn't how boarding schools tend to operate.

by Anonymousreply 249January 11, 2020 1:26 AM

Faith went on a ski trip from someone from school. They didn't go back yet.

by Anonymousreply 250January 11, 2020 2:07 AM

R250 Oh, ok. They were all acting teary so I thought she was going back to school.

by Anonymousreply 251January 11, 2020 3:05 AM

Women's Fashions Furnished by Buffums of Southern California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252January 11, 2020 7:40 AM

I know Young and the Restless always had a minimalist and dark look about it, but that lack of lighting in that clip is distracting, like the actors are blindfolded or something. They were still experimenting at this point, but I'm not entirely sure if this technique was successful in making the show look more natural or more artificial.

I know Bill Bell wanted to make sure his actors always looked great over anything else, and won kudos for the lighting on the show, but it was obviously to save money on backgrounds as well. As budgets got larger so did the amount of sets that were visible.

by Anonymousreply 253January 11, 2020 8:50 AM

The dark, moody lighting was more John Conboy than Bill Bell and was meant to give the show a look that showcased the youth and attractiveness of the actors over everything else. Or at least that's how John Conboy described it in an old SOD article about developing Y&R. Wes Kenney was big on the extreme closeup.

by Anonymousreply 254January 11, 2020 12:33 PM

Has Phyllis gotten any dick since Stafford resumed the role?

by Anonymousreply 255January 11, 2020 1:01 PM

R255 no. Surprisingly. She was quite the ho back in the pre Gina days. The show now is just completely filler scenes from beginning to end.

by Anonymousreply 256January 11, 2020 1:20 PM

It is not instantly or obviously apparent what this character named Phyllis is even doing on the show.

by Anonymousreply 257January 11, 2020 5:17 PM

R189

Speaking of memoirs Nancy Le Grahn is writing hers and she says she's not holding anything back, That will be a page turner.

by Anonymousreply 258January 11, 2020 10:49 PM

R234

The only hot masculine sexy man on the show is Jordi. Lawd, he is sex on a stick. The actor who plays Nate is also handsome.

All the others are a fail for me. Nick is greasy and unkempt. Adam is a string bean with zero heat. Chance is fug..

by Anonymousreply 259January 11, 2020 11:00 PM

R259, If Chance is fug, then Theo is fuglier.

by Anonymousreply 260January 12, 2020 2:02 AM

Chance is Hot AF!

by Anonymousreply 261January 12, 2020 3:14 AM

I don't think Chance or Theo are fug, but neither have a look that makes me stop and turn -- just as their looks alone aren't something that make me want to watch Y&R just because they're on.

Point of comparison. I didn't really care what the story was, I'd always watch any scene when Carmine (Marco Dapper) was featured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262January 12, 2020 3:43 AM

R262, Couldn't agree more. They were fools to write off Carmine.

by Anonymousreply 263January 12, 2020 4:45 AM

Are the writers dragging out the Billy/Amanda storyline waiting for viewer reaction before they have them in bed together?

by Anonymousreply 264January 12, 2020 4:47 AM

Catching up on the posts.

Is it really true that John Enos was let go because EB didn't like that MST & Enos were getting a following? What a bastard! I really liked Enos' character especially with Brittany.

by Anonymousreply 265January 12, 2020 11:44 AM

R262 and 263... so hear you about carmine (marco dapper) he was both pretty and handsome but NOT in anyway effeminate/womanly.. plus he had a body to die for, muscular and defined, him and paul telfer having the best bodies in all of soap opera land in the past number of years (shawn christian comes after these two)..

a man can be a "pretty boy" but still be manly, masculine and have the same feature wise and manner....

by Anonymousreply 266January 12, 2020 12:20 PM

Billy and Amanda is a boring and unnecessary time waster.....I was kind of hoping Amanda would pack her briefcase up and leave town. Now that we've been informed that her parents are "dead" and that she is a foster child - the seed is planted for her to be Hillary's twin sister.....that she didn't even know about....but it's such a surprise....and WOW! Dull-von in a triangle.

by Anonymousreply 267January 12, 2020 2:46 PM

I have yet to understand what Soap Twitter sees in Devon. They all seem to love the character, but I haven't quite figured out why. Were they all former "Family Matters" stans or something?

by Anonymousreply 268January 12, 2020 2:49 PM

Billy & Amanda should be knocking boots instead of eating salted peanuts. How can TIIC be so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 269January 12, 2020 3:38 PM

[quote]Billy & Amanda should be on some other show, along with Kyle, Theo, Lola, that blonde girl who owns the hotel, and Phyllis.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 270January 12, 2020 4:13 PM

R268 I think the eye-rolling adoration for Dull Devon began as an offshoot of the Lane stans. They figured if they promoted him and his stories, then that would mean more airtime for his sister, Lily (and, of course, Cane). It seemed to really gain steam when Devon hooked up with Lily's nemesis, Hilary, again, because that meant the potential for more Lily on their screens.

by Anonymousreply 271January 12, 2020 7:00 PM

Haven’t watched since October. How did they get rid of the Cane character?

by Anonymousreply 272January 13, 2020 3:03 AM

R272 Cane exited by telling Duhvon that he was going on the hunt for his daddy in order to get Kay's money back.

The CIA and Interpol have already failed in their attempt to track Colin down, but Cane thinks he can find him... lol!

by Anonymousreply 273January 13, 2020 3:39 AM

Cane couldn't find his ass with both hands and a road map.

by Anonymousreply 274January 13, 2020 3:07 PM

I had given up on this bullshit Adam & Chelsea Show. I will tune back in just for the Sharon story. This show is just straight up horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 275January 13, 2020 3:38 PM

This is an awful episode.......nothing is happening. Who the hell cares about Faith's comforter or Conner fixing breakfast.

Waste of time - more than usual.

by Anonymousreply 276January 13, 2020 5:07 PM

Let's not forget how anemic Billy and Victoria are.

Even effeminate twink Reed mooning over his ex-stepfather Billy was more interesting than another repetitive Villy scene where Billy has voiceover thoughts about who he is and Victoria plays with her hair.

by Anonymousreply 277January 13, 2020 7:30 PM

Next week, Connor will be further traumatized when during a visit to the Newman ranch he accidently walks in on Nikki and Victor enjoying a matinee.

by Anonymousreply 278January 14, 2020 12:24 AM

I would like to see Connor further traumatized when he wakes up SORASed to be a 16-year old teenager played by a 19-year old actor.

by Anonymousreply 279January 14, 2020 2:41 AM

Josh Griffith needs to be fired and escorted from the building today. The teamster in charge of the boom could write a better show than the garbage JG is putting out.

by Anonymousreply 280January 14, 2020 2:09 PM

Dear Gawd in Heaven .. Griffith's big plan is to take Billy "dark" again.

This would only be interesting if it meant Billy would be hooking up with Nate.

by Anonymousreply 281January 14, 2020 8:40 PM

Is this a concerted effort to earn Jason an Emmy?

Are he and Josh fucking?

by Anonymousreply 282January 14, 2020 10:53 PM

A Daytime Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 283January 14, 2020 11:01 PM

Summer is now a redhead?

by Anonymousreply 284January 15, 2020 1:41 AM

R284 This doesn't last long. Her IG shows her back to her regular dye job about two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 285January 15, 2020 1:50 AM

Muriel has murieled "Celebrate the new year in Bay City." I guess she is "back from vacay."

by Anonymousreply 286January 16, 2020 3:43 PM

The only story I'm interested in is Sharon's cancer story. That being said I have no doubt JG will fuck it up royally.

by Anonymousreply 287January 16, 2020 3:54 PM

I love Sharon Case but I wish they’d do something with her hair. It’s sometimes distracting in scenes and all I can focus on. It’s just so dull and straightened to death.

by Anonymousreply 288January 16, 2020 5:53 PM

The other day when Rey suggested to Sharon that they take a trip to Miami, Sharon said "Then I can meet your mother".

Sharon and Celeste must have met when she came north for the wedding, no?

by Anonymousreply 289January 16, 2020 6:43 PM

Ironically in between Brenda Dickson's stint as Jill Foster Abbott, there was another vixen who had camp potential and ironically was Jill's roommate (when played by Deborah Adair) for a while. The character of Eve Howard was played by "Days of Our Lives" veteran Margaret Mason who had been a fan favorite as gold-digger/trouble maker Linda Anderson (Melissa's natural mother), but during her first stint (1980-1981) had little to do other than harass Victor Newman over the fact that he had fathered her son, Charles (later re-named Cole). Eve came back on a recurring basis here and there after the initial stint, and by the end of 1982 was plotting to poison Victor for the money he promised to leave Charles. As Eve grew progressively mad, her performance was deliciously over the top. I recently found a whole bunch of mini-clips of her stint and remember enjoying her tremendously. When Eve escaped from a mental institution in 1984, it was to head back to Genoa City, disguise herself with big false teeth and a dark wig and try to kill Nikki. In 1993, Eve came back and nothing was mentioned of her past crimes. She was an absolute hoot, and quite scary! In real life, Margaret Mason was very sweet, having once wanted to be a nun. Sadly, she had major heart issues for years and died at a very young age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290January 16, 2020 7:52 PM

Eve's deranged, deadly disguise. She managed to survive being shipped overseas in a wardrobe trunk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291January 16, 2020 7:54 PM

R289

I agree with you on Case's hair. I hate the color. It needs some low lights and they need to quit flat ironning it to death.If you do make to when they first did Sharon/Adam her hair was gorgeous. Beautiful color and her hair was full & lush as opposed to platinum & bone straight.

Like most of the women on the show she could use a good 7-8 inches cut off. MCE, AH (Good God! Her hair's a joke), MO, JW, MS, etc..

by Anonymousreply 292January 16, 2020 8:04 PM

R289 Long story short -- No, Sharon and Celeste never actually met.

======

When Celeste first showed up, Rey was out of town for awhile, so Sharon didn't figure. When Rey got back, Celeste made some comment about wanting to meet his "girlfriend Sharon," but it never happened, because Celeste soon returned to Miami, as she'd decided it was better that she not attend the wedding. And it was during Celeste's time away that Rey and Sharon broke up; so even though she did return for the wedding, Sharon wasn't in attendance.

Sharon and Celeste did see each other, though, but didn't actually meet. It was when pervy Adrian came in to Crimson Lights and hit on Sharon. Rey showed up and intervened. At some point, Celeste came on the scene as well. I think they were on the patio, but by this time Sharon was back inside the coffee house, so they were across the set. Later on, Sharon guessed that the woman she'd seen talking to Rey and Adrian was Rey's mother; and similarly, Celeste later asked Rey if "the blonde" she'd seen him talking to was Sharon. .. By the time Celeste returned to Miami, Rey and Sharon were still split.

by Anonymousreply 293January 16, 2020 8:34 PM

Some more on Eve ... As I recall, when we learned Eve had survived being shipped off to Timbuktu in Nikki's wedding trunk, we saw her very briefly in a mental institution where she met fellow Victor-Nikki hater, Rick Daros. .. I believe this was the first time we learned that Rick had actually survived the big showdown in. St. Croix, where he'd disappeared in the ocean, with everyone thinking he'd drown. .. Rick and Eve plotted to escape and return to Genoa City to wreck havoc on the Newmans. .. At one point, Nikki thought she'd seen Rick while she was out shopping, but the notion was poo-pooed by Victor. .. This Rick-Eve storyline was soon aborted, and we got the Cora Miller story instead.

by Anonymousreply 294January 16, 2020 8:55 PM

If I were Sharon and facing possible demise, I wouldn't be wasting time playing gin rummy with Rey. I would use that time to enjoy every inch of his hot naked body.

Phyllis spends an entire episode trying to cock block Chance and Abby.

Tessa comes home from her tour to munch on Mariah for a couple of hours.

by Anonymousreply 295January 18, 2020 4:25 AM

Can't Faith and Conner die in an arcade or stable accident?

by Anonymousreply 296January 18, 2020 4:51 PM

Faith isn’t great but compared to Conner the actress is Judi Dench level.

by Anonymousreply 297January 18, 2020 6:01 PM

Oh my. Jonny, Jerry, Eboneece, and Donna have taken their act to the Y&R soapcentral (SOC) boards. They are now telling those people that spoileralert: Kay Chancellor is returning. Apparently Esther has been keeping her on ice in the Chancellor basement.

Those crazy kids! I hear they will be prowling at their old SON stomping grounds for February Sweeps and they have made a grand alliance with a long time regular poster over there. Just who is it you might ask? Well, I guess you will have to keep your eye on SON.

by Anonymousreply 298January 18, 2020 6:18 PM

Daniel Goddard posted on FB in bed, shirtless. Something about Australian fires but all I could think is how much he'd charge man - or woman - when he pimps himself out.

by Anonymousreply 299January 18, 2020 6:23 PM

Joan Van Ark should return as Gloria. I wish there were clips online of her 2004 run. She was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 300January 18, 2020 6:35 PM

Joan Van [italic]Who[/italic]?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301January 18, 2020 6:45 PM

Poor Joan. All viewers could talk about was how bad her face looked. Her gawd awful plastic surgery was horribly distracting to the Gloria character. It was even worse than when Roberta Leighton returned as Casey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 18, 2020 7:50 PM

^^^

I think the horrible surgery is why they don't bring back Taylor on B&B. Her face is wors than Joan's. Not to mention she can't act. The chick playing Steffy needs an intervention about surgery and cheap ass weaves.

by Anonymousreply 303January 18, 2020 8:57 PM

R298 , is kay really returning? and esther was keeping her on Ice? wow. this is gutsy wowza modern storytelling. are Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman ghostwriting this show? Jean is a classic hw and shelly gives her stories a modern yet timeless sensibility

by Anonymousreply 304January 18, 2020 9:10 PM

joan has been looking great in recent years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305January 18, 2020 9:12 PM

Looking good JOAN!!!! Holy CUNT!!!

by Anonymousreply 306January 18, 2020 9:15 PM

Maybe Joan can play NuKay ... back from the crypt.

Just slap one of Old Kay's Eva Gabor Wigs on her.

by Anonymousreply 307January 18, 2020 9:46 PM

Joan has the fillers, she has IT ALL pumped IN! But piglets, Joan looks SCARY!!!

What happened here???/

by Anonymousreply 308January 18, 2020 10:07 PM

Hang on tight folks, but Jonny, Jerry, Eboneece, and Donna have something special planned at SON for February Sweeps. They have aligned with a regular oldtimer to finally push the cunts off that board. Who will it be? How far will Jerry and Eboneece go in making creepy avatars of themselves? Stay tuned to SON to find out!

by Anonymousreply 309January 18, 2020 10:27 PM

As boring as Genoa City has become, if Kay crawled out of her crypt she would take a look around and crawl right back in.

by Anonymousreply 310January 19, 2020 12:05 AM

Jill isn't going to try to thrill Theo with her "Stuart choking on a chicken bone" story again, is she?

by Anonymousreply 311January 19, 2020 2:02 AM

R303 Hunter Tylo isn’t returning because she had a falling out with Brad Bell. She posted on social media how the show has turned into a Logan worship mess (she’s absolutely right). It’d be perfect for Taylor to be back right now with Thomas going after Brooke. Taylor really hasn’t been the same great character though since she returned from the dead in 2005.

by Anonymousreply 312January 19, 2020 1:20 PM

I know this is a B&B thread, but I keep reading posts on social media that Brad's not even writing the show. Is that true? Who's writing it?

by Anonymousreply 313January 19, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote]I know this is a B&B thread

The fuck it is.

by Anonymousreply 314January 19, 2020 2:31 PM

I meant is not.

by Anonymousreply 315January 19, 2020 2:42 PM

What's to writing this shit show B&B? Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Aborted weddings, child paternity and coming back from the dead umpteenth times. Ain't hard.

by Anonymousreply 316January 19, 2020 2:50 PM

R316, And the same people marrying each other, over and over.

by Anonymousreply 317January 19, 2020 2:54 PM

The actress playing Steffy . . . If her lips get any larger, they'll burst.

by Anonymousreply 318January 19, 2020 2:57 PM

When they had Taylor on her knees in front of Brooke, I knew it was over.

by Anonymousreply 319January 19, 2020 4:20 PM

R37 Yup. The absolute low point for Taylor. I’m surprised Tylo agreed to it, but she probably liked the money they offered.

by Anonymousreply 320January 19, 2020 4:58 PM

I wish someone would throw that Faith bore into a live volcano. Cancer girl is the best these fuckers can come up with. Fucking puke!

by Anonymousreply 321January 19, 2020 5:17 PM

I’d rather watch Faith than Mariah. I love Faith and Sharon scenes.

by Anonymousreply 322January 19, 2020 6:18 PM

I like Faith and her reedy little voice. I like Mariah, too, though. And Connor.

by Anonymousreply 323January 19, 2020 6:37 PM

R313 I don't watch B&B, but it was rumored quite some time ago that Bradley has pretty much turned storyline over to two young-ish guys on his team: Adam Dusevoir (far left) and Mark Pinciotti (far right). This came out in an interview with Jacob Young after he got axed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 19, 2020 8:31 PM

When did we last see Christian?

by Anonymousreply 325January 19, 2020 8:39 PM

R324 yeah the Jacob Young interview was gold. He will never play Rick again for sure.

by Anonymousreply 326January 19, 2020 8:45 PM

anyone have the link to that interview?

by Anonymousreply 327January 19, 2020 8:56 PM

R327 Here ya go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328January 19, 2020 9:12 PM

R325 I think the last time we saw Christian was on one of the Halloween episodes. Nick and Chelsea showed up with Christian at Crimson Lights. They were all dressed in Western garb. Billy then took Christian trick-or-treating with Johnny.

Christian and the other kids (Connor, Johnny, and Katie) were said to be at The Newman Ranch at Thanksgiving, but I don't think we saw them. The kids were said to be "playing in the stables." And I think Christian was only talked about at Christmas in terms of where he'd be on which day, but not seen. Later, we heard Nick had given him a drum set.

by Anonymousreply 329January 19, 2020 9:21 PM

Many thanks R324 R328

by Anonymousreply 330January 19, 2020 9:21 PM

Her's the link to the B&B thread.

People aren't using it consistently, so maybe we can move the conversation over there.

Hunter's photo is still in the opening credits, but its been more than a year since we've seen her. That's especially odd given that Thomas sure could have used some motherly advise in the past year. What exactly did Hunter do that pissed Brad off. Or pissed whoever is running B&B off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 19, 2020 9:34 PM

R331 it was rumored they had a falling out before the last time she appeared on the show. But she came back. May have been all bullshit who knows. This time she openly bashed the show as the Logan worship show and her character has been diluted. All totally true. To have her beg Brooke for anything is something Taylor would never do. I think Tylos BB days are over now for good.

by Anonymousreply 332January 19, 2020 10:01 PM

I see that Faith's mother has found Date Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 333January 19, 2020 10:08 PM

DATA LOUNGE.....

by Anonymousreply 334January 19, 2020 10:10 PM

Sharon leaving the cancer related documents out in the open . . . Copyright: Edge of Night/1956.

by Anonymousreply 335January 20, 2020 12:23 AM

Is the "Kay still alive" premise for real?

by Anonymousreply 336January 20, 2020 12:25 AM

Since DL is always trying to cast her in something, how about Erika Slezak as Katherine Chancellor

by Anonymousreply 337January 20, 2020 12:27 AM

They could cast Slezak to play Kay's mother, Mrs. Walter Shepherd.

by Anonymousreply 338January 20, 2020 12:55 AM

R336, yes the Kay is still alive is real. Kate Linder and Jess Walton have been spotted working much more than usual lately. Allegedly Esther has been keeping Katherine alive in the Chancellor basement. This is JG’s last ditch effort to goose up the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 339January 20, 2020 2:05 AM

I can confirm that the show is in the process of recasting Katherine and it will NOT be Michael Learned. The show is de-aging the character by around a decade. Name actresses have been reading for the part. Honestly I can’t believe that some of the actors are performing these scripts. They are not on contract.

If the storyline tanks (and it will) then the contingency plan is to “cure” Dina’s Alzheimer’s and shift her into the role of Genoa City matriarch. If you ask me, the show should have just done that in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 340January 20, 2020 2:18 AM

I can’t believe the Katherine is alive story is being allowed to fly. is it because Angie McDonald’s got fired and nobody at cbs gives af anymore about story approval?

by Anonymousreply 341January 20, 2020 3:23 AM

I’ve never heard of anything more ridiculous on a soap ever. Is this from a credible source?

by Anonymousreply 342January 20, 2020 3:25 AM

Not same poster here-my ex-bf’s sister worked at Sony- but there was a story proposal during Chuck Pratt’s run to bring back Katherine around late 2015-early 2016 in time for February Sweeps. CBS nixed it but it would make sense that Sony/Steve Kent would want to dust it off now given the show’s anemic ratings. Steve Kent also wants to save his old chum Josh Griffith’s job.

by Anonymousreply 343January 20, 2020 3:32 AM

any word on who’s read for kay?

by Anonymousreply 344January 20, 2020 4:07 AM

I hear Kim Zimmer read for Kay, but that was a no-go. She snagged Nu-JoAnn Curtis instead.

Apparently, they'll be building to an inter-generational quad involving Kay, JoAnn, Mariah, and Tessa. Rumors indicate Crystal Chappel is consulting.

by Anonymousreply 345January 20, 2020 5:20 AM

Nicollette Sheridan IS Kay Chancellor.

by Anonymousreply 346January 20, 2020 6:32 AM

PIA ZADORA IS KAY CHANCELLOR!

perhaps this will make to have the old kay chancellor back.. the drunk and 24/7 horny for young studs broad again!...

by Anonymousreply 347January 20, 2020 1:13 PM

Bringing Katherine back from the dead is preposterous. This is Y&R, not Days of Our Lives.

by Anonymousreply 348January 20, 2020 1:23 PM

LAWD! This Katherine shit is someone pulling your leg.

by Anonymousreply 349January 20, 2020 4:07 PM

Kim Zimmer IN as nuTraci!

by Anonymousreply 350January 20, 2020 4:09 PM

There is NO way Katherine is coming back, and if they did it would kill the show. It is one thing to have younger characters like Adam come back from the dead, but it is entirely ridiculous to have a long term legendary character like Katherine Chancellor, who died of old age, come back. Y&R has always been a soap more firmly grounded in reality than most of the rest. The fans would balk at such a story and ratings would tank. It isn’t going to happen!

by Anonymousreply 351January 20, 2020 4:43 PM

What the hell was that? Just as they went to a commercial, Nick was standing in front of a green statue and the statue was peeing into his cup.......

by Anonymousreply 352January 20, 2020 4:59 PM

An 80 year old man beating up fit, in shape men half his age is “grounded in reality”?

by Anonymousreply 353January 20, 2020 5:33 PM

R351, Didn't both Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall both come back from the dead on DOOL after having been on for many years?

by Anonymousreply 354January 20, 2020 7:17 PM

R351, GH is planning to resurrect Dr. Steve Hardy.

by Anonymousreply 355January 20, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote] Kim Zimmer IN as nuTraci!

That's not entirely correct. .. Kim has actually been hired to play Traci's heretofore unknown TWIN SISTER, "Trixi Abbott" who was separated at birth. Traci will soon discover that she might have a twin when she reads the notes written in the margin of Dina's old copy of a Shakespeare's "Comedy of Errors." .. Apparently, John was too busy building Jabot to notice that Dina was pregnant with twins. And when it came time to bring the baby girls home from the hospital, Dina didn't want to break a sweat, so she left one of them there to be adopted out. All we know right now is that Traci finds Trixci working at the Walnut Grove school cafeteria. And when she was younger, Trixi she was known as the "Floozy of Fond du Lac."

by Anonymousreply 356January 20, 2020 8:34 PM

R354 DOOL has been crazy for decades, now.

by Anonymousreply 357January 20, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote] Before I got the script that had Tessa going out of town, our lovely head writer and co-executive producer, Josh Griffith, pulled me aside and said, ‘I don’t want you to panic. This is just part of a bigger [story].’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358January 21, 2020 9:56 PM

R358, Oh, thank God!!!

by Anonymousreply 359January 21, 2020 10:24 PM

Dear God in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 360January 27, 2020 3:15 PM

Why Kay, you ARE looking worse than usual!

by Anonymousreply 361January 27, 2020 7:38 PM

This is a huge surprise....I did not expect it, especially since the show is in terrible shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362January 30, 2020 9:26 PM

I don't find it surprising at all, since CBS would get a shitload of bad publicity to cancel Y&R ahead of it's looming 50th anniversary. Plus, we know via the wikileaks how Sony worked to make sure perpetual ratings loser Days would remain on the air through it's 50th. And five years later -- even though it's said to not be profitable for Sony -- it's still on.

by Anonymousreply 363January 30, 2020 9:44 PM

Finally. A new cast photo. (Looks like a lot of cut and paste, though.) And where's Tessa? Other recurring actors are there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364January 30, 2020 10:19 PM

Sony Pictures is considered one of the companies ViacomCBS might want to purchase/merge with, in order to beef up their size. If that happens Y&R will become an in house production, that CBS could exploit around the world. I could see it return to Network Ten in Australia, and maybe be given a chance on Channel 5 in the UK. Plus, if ViacomCBS wants to expand to become a player in French television, Y&R is a major hit there.

by Anonymousreply 365January 30, 2020 11:31 PM

Both Y&R and Days already air in an afternoon "soap block" on Channel 9 (GEM) in Australia. On that commercial broadcast channel, Y&R has a 90-day delay due to the Foxtel agreement for presentation of the show on Fox One. So really, there are already two ways for viewers in Oz to watch Y&R. And if they wanted to, Sony could easily put Y&R on their own "Sony Channel" in the UK. That's what they just announced they're doing with Days.

by Anonymousreply 366January 31, 2020 12:33 AM

R365 That is my point, if ViscomCBS owned Sony they would be able to move them to their own flagship channels, Network Ten in Australia and Channel 5 in the UK, keeping ad revenue in house.

by Anonymousreply 367January 31, 2020 12:47 AM

That didn't end well for Secret Storm and Love of Life.

by Anonymousreply 368January 31, 2020 1:01 AM

R368 they had only one network then, not like today, with multiple outlets in this country and around the world.

by Anonymousreply 369January 31, 2020 1:06 AM

R364

Tessa is standing next to Theo. I think it's hysterical that they photoshopped Goddard out of the photo. He was originally standing next to CK.

by Anonymousreply 370January 31, 2020 2:48 AM

Haven't watched in nearly two weeks.

Has either Abby or Phyllis ridden Chance's pole yet?

by Anonymousreply 371January 31, 2020 4:33 AM

It feels like there are other holes in the photo. Anyone else photoshopped out? Maybe Tessa was in front of Mariah? Someone between Victoria and Phyllis?

by Anonymousreply 372January 31, 2020 4:55 AM

The entire right half of the photo, almost everyone to the right of Nicki, Christine and Summer, look like they were cut and pasted onto this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 31, 2020 5:16 AM

R177

Tessa is next to Theo.

by Anonymousreply 374January 31, 2020 5:18 AM

R370 Ya know, when I first saw this photo, I looked at that girl next to Theo, wondering if it was Tessa, but even after enlarging it at the time, I didn't think it looked like her .. I thought it might be latest social media influencer or something .. lol! .. But given all the photoshopping going on, I'll take your word for it.

On another note .. I wonder what happened to (not-so) Little Miss Dolly Parton? .. She's not one to miss a photo-op.

by Anonymousreply 375January 31, 2020 5:52 AM

I'm surprised they didn't take a quick shot of NuChance and stick him in the big gap next to Rey .. or somewhat more logically above Esther, next to Chloe's chicken wing.

Maybe there will be a second version of this photo coming, like they did when JFP wanted to add her newly-hired boy, Steve Burton, to the cast photo that they'd just released; so in a second photo, they put Burton's head on Stephen Nichols' body, as the latter had just been let go.

by Anonymousreply 376January 31, 2020 6:12 AM

Ah yes. The whole right half is shot on a different day or something and pasted in. Still weird you can see mariahs thighs and she’s on the top row.

by Anonymousreply 377January 31, 2020 6:25 AM

I loved the more informal cast photo for the 30th Anniversary done back in 2003. And no "cut and pasting" like the more recent ones.

Gosh, nearly 50 people with all the recurring actors. I miss having scenes with parents, secretaries, servants, and a sexy barista or two. They kept things interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378January 31, 2020 7:04 PM

LOL Lauralee Bell got a seat, but not MTS in that 2003 photo.

by Anonymousreply 379January 31, 2020 7:23 PM

Wilma Jeanne wanted to stand next to Brody Hutzler, so she could grab his ballsac from behind, but they told her to sit in the damn chair and keep her talons where they could see them at all times.

by Anonymousreply 380January 31, 2020 7:59 PM

The Staff and Jordi appeared in the opening credits today.

(They also ran Cait and Dougie's clips within the set.)

by Anonymousreply 381January 31, 2020 8:33 PM

Jaime Lyn Bauer now says they wanted her back for two episodes, but she couldn't do it. I'm guessing they probably wanted Laurie Brooks to come meet her new nephew, Theo.

[quote] I know that I have yet to finish my European trip from last year, but life moves at such a fast pace as I'm sure most of you would agree. Just got back from a month in Cancun. It was better than ever. So relaxing! Y & R had asked me to do two shows, but unfortunately they wanted to tape it in the middle of my Cancun vacation with family and friends already booked to join us so I said no. So Happy New Year to you all! I pray you had wonderful, loving and memorable holidays! Next post I will attempt to finish telling you about our dream trip of last summer! love, (via her Facebook page).

This is similar to what happened when they wanted Matt Miller to return, so that Jackie could do the DNA test to determine whether he was Albert Miller's son or not. Bobby Parucha revealed that they'd contacted him, but he already had a long-planned, fully-booked family vacation during the taping dates they wanted, but he told them that he'd be more than willing to come in either before or after and do whatever schedule they wanted to do the scenes. In that case, he said TPTB didn't even get back with him to discuss it. They just went with a NuMatt.

by Anonymousreply 382January 31, 2020 9:02 PM

R376, how has YR survived with the loss of Dylan.

Dear lord, I've met Steve and he's perfectly nice to me. I don't fault him for wanting to make a living.

But Faith will only talk to Dylan; Sharon loves Dylan; Nick gets dumped (!) by Avery over Dylan.

Who in their right mind would dump Nick for anyone?

by Anonymousreply 383February 1, 2020 1:44 AM

EB tweeting out that exciting storylines featuring the veteran cast members are coming soon.

by Anonymousreply 384February 1, 2020 5:26 AM

R384 Victor will have a long term sl over trying to find his dentures. Nikki will battle Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Paul Williams will make Cricket swoon with his latest hair weave.

The ratings will sour, er soar.

by Anonymousreply 385February 1, 2020 6:50 AM

EB's probably talking about these spoilers.

[quote] Nikki pulls out all the stops for the 50th Anniversary gala of Newman Enterprises

Given how old the old turd is, that should probably read "150th Anniversary."

[quote] Genoa City is rocked by a major crime affecting the major players, and Paul takes control

So yeah, R385, that could very well mean someone steals Victor's dentures, and Jack referring to him as "Mr. Mumbles" actually comes to pass.

by Anonymousreply 386February 1, 2020 7:50 AM

Three spoilers with some potential ....

[quote] Adam takes care of some unfinished business

(A hot solo would so much better than anything involving dull-as-dirt Chelsea.)

[quote] There are more questions than answers when Amanda's past catches up to her

(Hmmm .. Maybe "Amanda" was born "Armando." That would explain the wig.)

[quote] A scandalous secret changes the dynamic of Kyle and Lola's marriage

(At long last! The affair with Theo in New York might finally be exposed!)

by Anonymousreply 387February 1, 2020 8:16 PM

JaBottom and Theo are in Monday's opening credits. And new shots of both Dummer and Amanda in her shiny wig.

by Anonymousreply 388February 3, 2020 2:17 AM

what's hilarious is that Tyler Johnson, who I believe is straight, has no compulsions about playing it that Theo has been in love with Kyle.

Why not?

The writers have written NOTHING.

But the show is so fucking boring.

I can't believe it won the WGA award this weekend;

For what? Probalby Neil's funeral; the rest of the year was a dud.

by Anonymousreply 389February 3, 2020 2:58 AM

That award was a Purple Heart for surviving Mal Young AND Josh Griffith.

by Anonymousreply 390February 3, 2020 4:15 AM

It think the WGA award is more for the craft of writing than actual storyline. A package is submitted to show how the teleplay was created from a summary/outline, leading to scene breakdown, to become the dialogue-subtext that makes up the script. It's limited to three scripts, and they don't even have to be consecutive. In terms of actual "storyline", the shows get to submit a precis of no more than 1000 words to describe the who and what that's going on, so the judges have some context. .. But three scripts out of 250 for the whole year -- somehow I imagine every soap has three scripts a year where they've done something fairly remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 391February 3, 2020 4:27 AM

[quote]what's hilarious is that Tyler Johnson, who I believe is straight, has no compulsions about playing it that Theo has been in love with Kyle.

That's definitely how Tyler was playing it at first. Perhaps that was just an acting choice for playing the subtext.

Tyler's toned it down some now since he seems to have gotten directions to play that Theo is falling in love with Lola.

by Anonymousreply 392February 3, 2020 6:30 AM

As much as I want to like Chance, I just am not warming to Donny Boaz. I think he's going to be another Daniel Hall.

But that said, if they played some of the family connections, I might warm to Boaz's Chance some.

Chance has barely had any scenes with his grandmother Jill (Jill has had more scenes with Devon in recent months that she has with Chance). And I don't think he's had a single scene with his uncle Billy or his great-grandmother's maid Esther. Nor has he mentioned his father Phillip III or other relatives like Ronan or Brock or Mac. And I don't think he's mentioned his mother Nina but a time or two.

by Anonymousreply 393February 3, 2020 6:57 AM

For reply #394, I will not comment about the mundane and depressing state of, "The Young and the Restless". I, however, will comment about the responses which are comic gold. I'm loving the comments.

by Anonymousreply 394February 3, 2020 8:23 AM

Rough and tough Grandpa Victor trying to bait Billy in a fistfight.

Ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 395February 4, 2020 9:48 PM

For the first time in a decade I agreed with Victor. The Billy fuck up storyline they keep recycling is as old as hell. I really dislike Thompson in the role.

by Anonymousreply 396February 4, 2020 10:08 PM

I think they have finally found someone who has some chemistry with Abby. She and Chance are actually fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 397February 4, 2020 11:36 PM

Chase seems awkward.

It's impossible to invest in anyone: I don't get why Abby and Stitch couldn't make a go of it. Or Abby and Arturo or Abby and Nate and now Abby and Chance.

How can we invest in anything?

by Anonymousreply 398February 5, 2020 3:46 AM

MO is a terrible actress who has not one shred of sexual chemistry. YR keeps bringing on men for her & when it backfires they fire the actor.

They need to replace her.

by Anonymousreply 399February 5, 2020 4:47 AM

I randomly laugh when I think about this thread.

by Anonymousreply 400February 5, 2020 5:23 AM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 401February 6, 2020 1:21 AM

Sasha Calle blew JaBottom out of the water yesterday. She did a really good job in those breakup scenes. I've come to realize Mealor can only effectively convey bitchy anger. Everything else he's just going thru the motions.

by Anonymousreply 402February 6, 2020 10:40 AM

R402, Has a soap marriage ever gone kaput as quickly as Kyle and Lola's?

by Anonymousreply 403February 6, 2020 11:04 AM

Oh goody .. Real Matt is back for the Victor Newman lovefest, currently scheduled for February 18th.

(Chubby Noah and Julia will be on hand as well.)

by Anonymousreply 404February 6, 2020 10:36 PM

R403 There have been many short marriages, but the breakups seemed to be about something more than whatever happened between these two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405February 6, 2020 11:22 PM

There have been a few death bed weddings over the years (e.g. Megan Dennison & Tony Viscardi comes to mind). .. Also, Nikki & Tony DiSalvo's marriage lasted a hot minute before he was gunned down and killed. Although, in that case, about a month later, when Nikki was going to seek an annulment, Paul discovered that the minister had been a fraud, so the state wasn't recognizing the marriage anyway.

by Anonymousreply 406February 7, 2020 2:07 AM

40th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407February 8, 2020 5:22 AM

Aunt Jack and Melody only got one special episode to celebrate them - Hans, of course, gets THREE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408February 8, 2020 4:31 PM

Kate Linder is lobbying for a week's worth of episodes for her 40th Anniversary.

And remind me again? What did Doug Davidson get?

by Anonymousreply 409February 8, 2020 8:14 PM

The boot!

by Anonymousreply 410February 8, 2020 8:55 PM

Dougie picked the wrong year to start dweeting.

by Anonymousreply 411February 9, 2020 7:10 PM

That SPOILER that says,

"Rey rakes Kyle over the coals"

should actually read,

"Rey wrecks Kyle with his pole."

by Anonymousreply 412February 10, 2020 1:39 AM

I wish Y&R would jump into the deep end and tell a same sex male love story the way they did with Mariah and Tessa.

(Well not exactly the same way -- one day, Tessa's bi, then gay, then she got married, she's worried about her sister Crystalinabella being in white slavery, then she goes months without mentioned her -- poor girl)

The most obvious choice would be Kyle and Theo, but the show's not going to do that. They have to 'preserve' the men, ironic as they have ruiwhened Kyle by making him so wishy washy

by Anonymousreply 413February 10, 2020 1:45 AM

R413 They can't do it with Kyle and Theo, now, unless they retcon Theo being Dina's grandson, since it would be not only a same sex story but an incestuous same-sex story, which would seem a bridge too far.

by Anonymousreply 414February 10, 2020 1:58 AM

Billy’s did personality could be BI lly and discover he likes boys too while working with a newly returned Rafe to take Adam down. ...or go down on Adam.

by Anonymousreply 415February 10, 2020 2:07 AM

R414, you're right.

I used to know miniscule shit like the name of the juror that Warren Andrews and Alexandra Spaulding tried to blackmail into throwing Lujack's case.

Now, I can't seem to remember the simplest of plot developments; these shows are pointless now, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 416February 10, 2020 2:34 AM

R414 Cousins are perfectly legal in many jurisdictions - including New York where JaBottom and Theo were residing when whatever they were doing together took place. .. And this would be even less "incestuous" since they can't procreate and produce a moron. .. In fact, it would probably even be legal in Wisconsin, since the state's law about heterosexual cousins allows such relationships, if one of the parties can prove that he/she is sterile or that the female is over the age of 55 (therefore assumed to be past child bearing age). .. Personally, I think having it come out that these two guys used to fool around on occasion before knowing that they were related would carry an edge of soapy scandal to it -- controversial, but not illegal.

by Anonymousreply 417February 10, 2020 2:46 AM

'And this would be even less "incestuous" since they can't procreate and produce a moron. .. "

Hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 418February 10, 2020 2:49 AM

R417 It isn't about illegality, but the ickyness of it. It would just reinforce the opinions of bigots that see same-sex relationships as the beginning of a slippery slope to incest, pedophilia and bestiality. Instead of being a step forward it would be two steps backward.

by Anonymousreply 419February 10, 2020 2:52 AM

GL is the only soap do an incest romance.

by Anonymousreply 420February 10, 2020 2:52 AM

R419 I'm not suggesting that they go forward with a relationship at this point, but rather have it be something in their erstwhile "non-family" past to explain what some of the current conflict is about today.

Also, it would still be pretty easy to make Theo bisexual. If Kyle thought Theo was getting involved with Lola now, he would probably rant that the guy can't be trusted (because he knows he swings both ways). But would he "out" Theo to Lola and expose his own partyboy experimentation from their past in NY? .. And if at some point down the road, Kyle saw Theo getting involved with a guy, might Kyle have some twinges of jealousy and try to wreck that relationship as well?

by Anonymousreply 421February 10, 2020 3:15 AM

Spumor

Amanda's abusive ex gets furious about her relationship with Billy. During the TOTT celebration for Victor he attacks Victoria putting her in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 422February 10, 2020 3:49 AM

Amelia Heinle did some of her best work while in a coma, while others stood bedside debating whether to pull the plug or not.

by Anonymousreply 423February 10, 2020 4:03 AM

Meanwhile, the audience when Victoria was in a coma:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424February 10, 2020 4:04 AM

Oh shit the LML troll will probably be awakened declaring "Victoria in a Coma" was fabulous television.

by Anonymousreply 425February 10, 2020 4:09 AM

About time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426February 11, 2020 2:04 AM

You'll all be terribly saddened to hear Summer will be gone for good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427February 11, 2020 8:28 PM

R427 only if the pilot gets picked up and manages to be a hit.

by Anonymousreply 428February 11, 2020 8:37 PM

Let her go. She's unremarkable and quite replaceable.

by Anonymousreply 429February 11, 2020 8:56 PM

God, I hope she never reads this, but someone described her as that 'ugly pretty girl'

ouch!

I guess Kyle will be changing his mind again.

I don't get it. He was married to Summer and then dumped her.

She's supposed to take him back now? The writing on this show is shit.

by Anonymousreply 430February 11, 2020 10:14 PM

They’ll probably end up recasting the character. Kind of sick of Hunter King tbh.

by Anonymousreply 431February 11, 2020 10:50 PM

They could always hire her thirsty sister, Joey, to take her place.

Y&R's core audience of elderly fraus who need cataract surgery may not even notice the switch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432February 12, 2020 12:09 AM

I can't stand Summer or HHK. Hope her pilot is picked up & she's soon gone.

by Anonymousreply 433February 12, 2020 6:42 AM

What storyline would YOU like to see for Traci?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434February 13, 2020 6:57 PM

Traci needs a health crisis story because of her weight. Valerie Bertinelli could do a cameo to get her into Weight Watchers. Bring back Joann Curtis to counsel Traci and them of course Joann could share screen magic with Scooch Marin's revived Kay.

by Anonymousreply 435February 13, 2020 9:06 PM

They could pair Traci and Dougie. Make The Bug mad.

by Anonymousreply 436February 13, 2020 9:19 PM

[quote] What storyline would YOU like to see for Traci?

I see at least a two-year storyline:

After another fallout between Victor & Nikki ... Traci finally has her shot with The Great Victor Newman! .. But during one of their steamy sex romps, Victor up and dies of a heart attack, leading Traci to suffer GINORMOUS guilt thinking that she's not only killed him, but her own daughter, Colleen, whose heart was inside The Old Goat's chest!

This trauma sends Traci back to her bulimia days, and she gets hooked on black beauties again. .. Soon it becomes apparent that Traci's drug dealer, "Sparky", has a thing for the XXXL ladies, and eventually, he'll only give Traci the goods, if she prostitutes herself. .. Addict Traci submits to his sexual demands, but little does she know that Sparky is also videotaping their sessions!

So even after Jack and Ashley are able to convince their messed-up sister to go to rehab, Sparky is out there putting up revenge clips of Traci at numerous fetish porn sites and selling full copies of the videos he's made of her. Turns out, some Russian multi-billionaire becomes Traci's No. 1 fan.

And what happens after Sparky is found murdered? It's a MASSIVE nightmare for Traci when she becomes the prime suspect in the case, leading Chief Paul to arrest her and Michael LaBaldwin to prosecute her!

But even though Traci is locked up while awaiting trial, could this ironically be when she finally finds the great love of her life? It seems that after just one night with her new cellmate, "Maybellene", Traci experiences what can only be termed an "Incredible & Amazing" awakening! And despite being in a "caged heat" environment, a tender love story ensues, so move over Teriah! You have competition!

Whatever happens -- one thing for sure is -- the portion control administered by the prison cafeteria forces Traci to drop 50 pounds, and upon being acquitted at trial and released, she's never felt better!

With the ordeal seemingly over, Traci decides to pull out her laptop to recount her experiences, and a new novel soon follows, but will Maybellene once she's released? .. And what about that Russian multi-billionaire? Has he decided to come to Genoa City to make Traci his own by threatening to bring Jabot to its knees unless she becomes his wife? .. And if our heroine does, will he keep her under lock and key and demand that she eat three cheesecakes per day to put the weight back on? .. Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 437February 13, 2020 9:21 PM

R437 honestly that's more interesting than most of YR these days

by Anonymousreply 438February 13, 2020 9:23 PM

R438 Honestly, anything is more interesting than most of YR these days.

by Anonymousreply 439February 13, 2020 10:07 PM

Yes, very smart. Very clever. Good work r437.

It definitely is more compelling that anything on screen right now.

by Anonymousreply 440February 13, 2020 11:54 PM

SPOILER:

[quote] Phyllis toys with Adam.

I wonder how big it will be? Will it be old-school battery-operated? They should seize the product placement opportunity and have her do something to him with an OhMiBod.

by Anonymousreply 441February 15, 2020 7:59 PM

R441, I toyed with Adam. Look where it got me.

by Anonymousreply 442February 15, 2020 8:09 PM

In case anyone's interested, Monday's show opens with fresh-from-the-shower Chance wearing a towel.

by Anonymousreply 443February 15, 2020 8:33 PM

Queen Sharon's birthday party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444February 16, 2020 12:38 AM

I think that's Tamara Clatterbuck (?) on her lap?

Who are the others?

by Anonymousreply 445February 16, 2020 1:51 AM

R445 the only other one I recognize is Jennifer Gareis, who used to be on YR and now BB. She’s in the blue dress.

by Anonymousreply 446February 16, 2020 2:03 AM

R445 Yes, that's Tamara. .. Three of Sharon's BFF's are Tamara, Jennifer Gareis (Grace), and Lauren Woodland (Brittany Hodges). So they make up the three gals to the right. Of course, her honey, Mark Grossman (Adam) is next to her. I'm guessing the darker haired woman and man to the left could be family (?) I only say that because her caption read:

[quote] Thanks to my friends and family for such a fun birthday 🎂 weekend celebration! And thanks to all of you for sending me your beautiful birthday wishes ❤️😊

And the woman does sort of resemble her (imho). Maybe the guy is with her? Or perhaps a brother? I know nothing about Case's family, so can't say.

by Anonymousreply 447February 16, 2020 2:04 AM

Of course Mark Grossman right next to Sharon, who she’s fucking currently.

by Anonymousreply 448February 16, 2020 2:05 AM

Last week at the screening of "Studio City" (Sean Kanan's series starring a bunch of soap actors).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449February 16, 2020 2:10 AM

I'm thinking that the other unidentified pair is the same couple that she went on vacation with to Sardinia about three years ago. She had a photo of them on the boat. She didn't identify them then either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450February 16, 2020 2:48 AM

This week's YR is going to be awful. I have zero desire to see a week long rimming of Eric Braeden or Victor Newman

by Anonymousreply 451February 16, 2020 12:27 PM

A three minute rimming of Eric Braeden would be sufficient for me.

by Anonymousreply 452February 16, 2020 5:55 PM

A three minute rimming of Eric Braeden would be sufficient for me.

by Anonymousreply 453February 16, 2020 5:55 PM

No, no one wants to rim EB ever. He stinks of sauerkraut and moldy balls.

by Anonymousreply 454February 16, 2020 6:06 PM

If I weren't dead, I yank his ballsac.

They're probably down to his knees by now.

by Anonymousreply 455February 16, 2020 8:23 PM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 456February 16, 2020 8:25 PM

I've been told this thread appears to be paywalled for some, so here's a new thread!

(I did so love this one, and the video attached)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457February 16, 2020 8:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!