Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Within Treason: Two Tickets to Paradise (The Impeachment Inquiry, Part 16)  

Continued Discussion

I'm gonna take you on a trip so far from here

I've got two tickets in my pocket, now baby, we're gonna disappear

You know why?

We've waited so long, waited so long

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 15, 2019 7:06 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2019 4:39 AM

What does everyone think about the news that the Steele Dossier author was "friends" with Ivanka for years, and even sent her gifts? He looks like her type.

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2019 4:51 AM

It just shows you, he is Ivanka’s “friend,” but she’s never said one word in defense of him. Trumps have no loyalty, they will throw anyone under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2019 5:04 AM

" ....the feel of satin dresses against their skin"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2019 5:10 AM

Who do you see as impeachment managers? It’s a plumb assignment, so seniority matters. There were 13 who prosecuted Clinton.

Prosecution: Nadler; Schiff; Swalwell (I think he did a good job in both hearings); maybe Raja Krishnamoorthi. Plus legal scholar Pamala Karlan and lawyer Daniel Goldman. They’d also have to have at least person of color, but I don’t recall any standing out.

Defense: Nunes, unless he’s sidelined; Doug Collins; Gym Jordan; Elise Stefanik; and a African American; Jonathan Turley, and maybe one of their attorneys. I didn’t think their attorneys stood out.

More speculation at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2019 5:18 AM

Impeachment managers for the defense? Collins, Gym, Meadows, Gayetz, and the Cow owner are on it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2019 5:36 AM

Do you think Lawrence Tribe would want to be a manager for the Dems? I’m sure he’d love it.

I wonder if they’d put Justin Amash on the team to add some (Republican) diversity? The main reason I think they might not, would be that those 13 or so positions will be coveted and they’ll want to reward their own Dems with a position. But it would be symbolic to put a Republican in the team. He could make a presentation about the importance of country over party.

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2019 5:37 AM

Just a reminder that Trump is allegedly fecally incontinent and wears diapers.

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2019 5:41 AM

I think Nunes has an ethics complaint for not revealing his role in working with the men he was judging. So, do you think this might keep him off?

Is Gym Jordan persuasive at all? He seems like he’s just a loud mouth who is more intimidating, than rational. So, I don’t think he would be helpful to the Republicans, to be on the team.

Their job is to sway Americans at home, and try to secure the mushy-middle of Republicans, right?

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2019 5:42 AM

speaking of Ivanka's friends did we ever get to the bottom of her contact with some Russian bodybuilder?

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2019 6:04 AM

The rethugs don't care about swaying opinion. They only care about producing soundbites for fux noise and playing to an audience of one.

That's it.

So meth mouth Gym, SpongeBob squarehead DUI and moocow Devil will be the idiots jibbering and slinging shit everywhere. Because that's all they have

by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2019 6:25 AM

John Brennan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2019 10:43 AM

Trump's ex-WH doctor, Ronny Jackson, has filed to run for Congress in a ruby red Texas district.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2019 10:56 AM

Do you have to be an attorney to be an impeachment manager? Because Nunes isn't one.

and technically Gym isn't one either.

by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2019 12:40 PM

Congresswoman Val Demings ought to be one of the managers. Her questioning was very impressive. She's a former cop and man does she ask good questions.

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2019 12:52 PM

Washington Post:

Trump lashes out at FBI director in wake of Justice Department inspector general’s report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2019 12:54 PM

NBC:

Trump to meet with Russian foreign minister at White House Tuesday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2019 12:56 PM

Coming up: Live CBS coverage....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2019 12:58 PM

[quote] Trump to meet with Russian foreign minister at White House Tuesday

Ah, yes, end of the year performance review time.

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2019 12:59 PM

NBC: The GOP's bottom-line Trump defense: Get over it

Trump's fellow Republicans mounted a vigorous defense that held — all at once — he didn't do it, nothing he did was wrong and that they will impeach his rival for doing the same thing (even if it's not really the same thing) if the president eventually loses to that rival, former Vice President Joe Biden.

"We already we got the forms — all we have to do is eliminate Donald Trump's name and put Joe Biden's name," Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, said during a raucous and unusual Judiciary hearing in which lawyers for that panel and the House Intelligence Committee testified as witnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Washington Post:

Pelosi, House Democrats unveil two articles of impeachment against Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2019 1:22 PM

Fucking Pussies: BRIBERY!!!

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2019 1:27 PM

I love that Maxine Waters was in the shot. She was the first one calling for impeachment long before any of the others, back when they wanted to shut her up. Even Trump was raggin on her for it back then. I am sure that they did that on purpose. That toilet is going to explode this morning with hard turds and Twitter storms.

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2019 1:31 PM

I wish the Dems well....let's hope they can get the Oval O in 2020

by Anonymousreply 24December 10, 2019 1:32 PM

The Republicans sell their donors', and Putin's, agenda to the public. Not the other way round where the general public decides what's good for them and the donors and Putin.

The current Republican Party has shown countless times that they don't give a fuck about public opinion. They will not be influenced by anti-Trump demonstrations and rallies. They will just "legitimize" their pro-Trump stance by pointing to right wing media, pro-Trump, reports deliberately ignoring everything else. And if the public turns on them it's everybody else's fault, but not theirs. They lose the election? Clearly voter fraud (ignoring the fact that it was them who stonewalled every bill to protect the election - thinking that the voter fraud will go in their favor), Hillary's emails, Soros and some foreign country (Ukraine?) meddled.

by Anonymousreply 25December 10, 2019 1:35 PM

AP:

A free pass for Trump? GOP presses edge in key battlegrounds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2019 2:39 PM

Maxine while nadler read the counts:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 10, 2019 2:45 PM

Reuters:

Trump to address impeachment charges in U.S. Senate trial: White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2019 2:54 PM

CNBC:

House Democrats and the White House have a deal to move forward with USMCA trade agreement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 10, 2019 2:58 PM

Am I supposed to be excited about just two articles of impeachment? He's done SO MUCH more than obstruct Congress and abuse his power.

by Anonymousreply 30December 10, 2019 2:59 PM

Thing is, the second charge, obstruction of Congress, is so damned easy to prove that even trumpers can get it. They asked for documentation - he didn't send it. They asked for witnesses to testify - he refused them to testify. There needs to be a commercial run 24 hours a day with this. Easy to understand. And add in a "If he's innocent, what is he trying to hide by withholding evidence?" voiceover.

by Anonymousreply 31December 10, 2019 3:00 PM

Yep!

by Anonymousreply 32December 10, 2019 3:27 PM

[quote]They asked for documentation - he didn't send it. They asked for witnesses to testify - he refused them to testify.

This is the answer that Fox News keeps drumming into them: Obama did the same thing and the Dems didn't utter a peep.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not.

by Anonymousreply 33December 10, 2019 3:29 PM

Bloomberg:

Rick Gates Seeks to Avoid Jail at Sentencing for Conspiracy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2019 4:02 PM

I had to LOL! At the GOP threatening to do the "same thing" to the next Democratic POTUS. What makes them think they'll have the chance. Because if we do nothing else, we have to keep control of Congress. At least the House and hopefully the Senate. The House really has a lot of power. They need to use it. They have oversight responsibility, they have the power of the purse, and they have the power to declare war and to conduct hearings and investigations. They are a Co-equal (along with the Senate) branch of government. We have to all dedicate ourselves to insuring the Republicans never control Congress again. Not until they get r id of the vermin and demonstrate over two or three decades that they understand that government is not political games, but that they're stewards in service to the pubic good. They have lost their purpose along with everything else. That's clearly demonstrated by these threats.

by Anonymousreply 35December 10, 2019 4:12 PM

Par for the course. Bill Clinton's impeachment was sheer political retaliation for Nixon and the investigation into Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush's Iran-Contra shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 36December 10, 2019 4:22 PM

And Obama confounded them by not doing anything impeachable — well, except for wearing a tan suit in the press briefing room, putting his feet on the Resolute desk in the Oval Office, and saluting with a cup of coffee in his hand.

by Anonymousreply 37December 10, 2019 4:27 PM

R37, you are so right! I seriously think that really pissed the Deplorables off. It’s amazing that Obama and Hillary didn’t do anything [italic] real [/italic] that could have been inflated into something. (Emails and Benghazi weren’t impeachable except by the truly delusional.)

by Anonymousreply 38December 10, 2019 4:39 PM

[quote](Emails and Benghazi weren’t impeachable except by the truly delusional.)

But those things WERE impeachable and should have gotten them BOTH impeached in THEIR Presidencies!!!

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2019 4:47 PM

From FUX:

Florida GOP Rep. Ted Yoho will retire from Congress and honor his term-limit pledge, he announced Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2019 5:07 PM

AFP: Russia's top diplomat opens US talks amid impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2019 5:08 PM

I collect these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2019 5:09 PM

^

"We didn't pick this date to coincide with the process on Capitol Hill, but we can't allow the zaniness that's taking place on Capitol Hill to impact our job," Pompeo told conservative broadcaster One America News on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2019 5:10 PM

They’re already starting with that nonsense about delaying things and letting the compromised election decide things. Should we just let Putin decide?

by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2019 5:13 PM

I'm annoyed there are only 2 articles. Whatever though. As long as both pass overwhelmingly in the House I'm happy

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2019 5:16 PM

CBS:

US plan would jack up the cost of researching ancestors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2019 5:30 PM

Pompeo is simply loathsome. Christo-fascist, obese cunt.

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2019 5:31 PM

USA Today:

Trump to rally in battleground Pennsylvania after Democrats unveil impeachment articles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2019 5:33 PM

NBC:

Pentagon IG opens review into troop deployment at the U.S.-Mexico border

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2019 5:49 PM

YOU know it occurs to me that the Republicans, especially the House members really do reflect the calibre of people who support them. They are clueless completely ignorant of what government does, how government functions and what their proper role is. They wrap themselves in religious bullshit, and conspiracy theories and truly know nothing about why they are in Congress. I think people need to have to go to some kind of training school when they run for office so they are clear on what a member of Congress does. A lot of these assholes don't know anything about American history or the Constitution. Nothing. Neither do the people who voted for them. It's shameful. It was so obvious during these hearings.Democrats know and understand, Republicans don't know...and don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2019 5:52 PM

The pundits on Twitter are completely flabbergasted at how Bill Barr has revealed himself to be Trump's new Roy Cohn with his interview today on MSNBC.

One of them pointed out that the reason he's not on FOX is because he knows legitimate media will treat him as Attorney General, not Trump's lying, enabling shill.

Barr also said that his upcoming investigation (that he is working on with a handpicked attorney) is the REAL one, not the Inspector General's report that found no wrongdoing.

by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2019 5:53 PM

The "let the people decide during the election" stance those fuckers are taking makes me want to explode. It's going to be a BOGUS election that favors that asshole again!

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2019 6:15 PM

Ronny Jackson @ R13 looks like the type that has a big hot daddy dick. Although, it just might be my lusty imagination...

Anyway, I’d fuck him if he wasn’t a lying quack, and toxic deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2019 6:16 PM

And yet, r50, they consider themselves the patriotic ones.

by Anonymousreply 54December 10, 2019 6:16 PM

[quote] "let the people decide during the election"

It’s an odd argument to make when the conduct he’s being impeached for is an attempt to get Ukraine to create a false investigation to influence the election in his favor.

by Anonymousreply 55December 10, 2019 6:39 PM

Help me out guys/cool girls: this Politico article is linked on Drudge, so it's getting a lot of traffic. I can't fight them all by myself!

TIA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 10, 2019 6:46 PM

the fucking arrogance of Barr KILLS me and makes me so damn angry. Who does he think he is?

There will not be true justice in this world if that fat fucking piece of shit doesn't end up in jail

the damage he is doing to our intelligence and doj agencies is just despicable

by Anonymousreply 57December 10, 2019 6:47 PM

R56 fuck them. They know damn well Trump needs to be impeached

by Anonymousreply 58December 10, 2019 6:48 PM

So why doesn't someone in the FBI squeal on bloated Billy?

He's coming for you, people. You'd best start leaking the dirt to the media or Pelosi if you hope to save your skins.

Because if he cannot find a scapegoat, he will make one up. Capisce?

by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2019 6:52 PM

"let the people decide during the election"

But Trump is already meddling in the election.

Because of his behavior with Ukraine, intense scrutiny needs to be focused on Trump and the Republicans this time around. no more of this 'let's see what happens'.

by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2019 7:14 PM

Censuring is a fucking pussy move. Someone from the FBI should hack that "top secret" server and leak the Ukraine call in its entirety. We need a fucking hero and we need him/her NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2019 7:55 PM

If the messaging is, "let the people decide during the election,"

It means they feel confident in the plans they've already made to cheat.

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2019 7:58 PM

It means that they think they’ve enough Russian help to “swing” the election, but Trump’s getting impeached might sway too many moderates.

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2019 8:11 PM

Unless the almost certain impeachment by the House turns into a censure.

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2019 8:17 PM

R61, I agree someone should hack it

by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2019 8:20 PM

Why does half the country accept the criminal in the White House?

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2019 8:21 PM

r61...we dont need the transcript...we have MULTIPLE witnesses AND Trumps "memo" of the call that implicates him...not to mention Trumps comments that he made himself...on tape. By saying we need more, you sound like a republican charlatan.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2019 8:22 PM

r66...because of places like Fox spreading misinformation and lies on a daily basis UNCHALLENGED...and because of assholes in positions of power who intentionally lie to the American people...like William Barr and Trump himself. The dumbing down of society IS the handiwork of the GOP...theyve been working on it for decades.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2019 8:25 PM

The transcript would be great. And there’s no reason it isn’t released. It’s a disgrace!

It would land like the Nixon tapes, after Trump has lied about it so much!

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2019 9:07 PM

Reuters:

U.S. House Judiciary panel to meet Wednesday, Thursday on Trump impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2019 9:17 PM

I would actually like to get the actual recording out there too so that I can hear his [Drumpf's] inflections when speaking to Zelenskyy. I'm sure that he asked the way we all know he did to get something dirty. You know the way he speaks when he's answering questions from reporters.

I'm a little bit upset that there were only two articles introduced, but on the other hand, they probably wouldn't have been able to prove obstruction of justice because of that stupid OLC memo that when a Dem gets in should have his AG write a new one saying that the President can be charged with crimes against the country, like abuse of power, obstruction of justice (stonewalling), bribery, and/or treason like the Constitution says for the latter two. I don't think we can let this kind of behavior to be repeated ever again...

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2019 9:21 PM

Whether Trump wins or loses in 2020, one thing is absolutely critical. CRITICAL. We have to hold the House and flip the Senate, or at least narrow the gap. That's the only way we can stop him.

by Anonymousreply 72December 10, 2019 9:21 PM

Australia's chairman of Parliament's joint committee on intelligence Andrew Hastie is quite hot (and makes good points):

The chairman of Parliament's joint committee on intelligence and security, Andrew Hastie, says Western nations must wage their own political warfare campaigns "to preserve peace and avoid war" and stop rival authoritarian states from undermining democracy.

In an essay for a report published by the London and German think tanks the Henry Jackson Society and Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, Mr Hastie says the West's intellectual framework failed to grasp why authoritarian regimes conducted political warfare during peacetime.

In his essay What is to be done? the former SAS officer said countries such as China and Russia viewed statecraft as part of a continuing revolutionary struggle.

The Liberal MP said the West had watched on passively while states such as Russia and China had weaponised "previously benign" areas such as diplomacy, media, investment flows, infrastructure development and foreign asset purchases.

Under hybrid warfare, Mr Hastie said "university campuses had become the modern battlegrounds of covert influence and interference", which in turn complemented "more aggressive forms of subversive warfare" such as intellectual property theft, cyber-attacks and espionage.

"All these activities advance the efforts of authoritarian regimes to undermine the West," he said.

"Our passivity is dangerous, so that we risk escalating tensions if we attempt to recover ground lost by subversive means.

"We must take assertive diplomatic, economic and covert measures to push back against authoritarian states that undermine the global order at the very edge of peace.

"This is for both moral and practical reasons. If we want to preserve peace and avoid war, we must understand our adversaries and become practitioners of hybrid and political warfare ourselves," he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 10, 2019 9:32 PM

Bill Clinton: Congress doing its job by introducing articles of impeachment against Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 10, 2019 10:11 PM

The Hill:

McConnell: Senate will not take up new NAFTA deal this year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2019 10:12 PM

The Hill:

Lisa Page sues DOJ, FBI over alleged privacy violations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2019 10:13 PM

Washington Post:

Giuliani says Trump asked him to brief Justice Dept. and GOP senators on his Ukraine findings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2019 10:18 PM

[quote]Florida GOP Rep. Ted Yoho will retire from Congress and honor his term-limit pledge, he announced Tuesday.

He is the 23rd House Republican to announce retirement.

by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2019 10:18 PM

The Examiner: Mulvaney compares impeachment to a bitter divorce where your spouse goes on TV

"People ask me all the time, 'How are you doing? How are you handling this?'" Mulvaney said at the Wall Street Journal's annual CEO Council meeting. "This is what it's like; this is how I'm handling it. I want you to imagine going through the worst possible divorce ... and then your spouse gets to go on TV every single day and give his or her side of the thing, and you have to sit home and watch it on TV and take it," he said. "It is extraordinarily frustrating."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2019 10:21 PM

Examiner: 'End this': Republicans poised to call no witnesses during Trump impeachment trial in Senate

House Democrats on Tuesday introduced two articles of impeachment, charging Trump with abusing his power in dealings with Ukraine and obstructing Congress. A vote to impeach the president is expected before Christmas, kicking the matter to the Senate for a January trial. Complaining that the Democratic-run investigation in the House was unfair, Trump is planning to wage a vigorous defense in the Republican-controlled Senate, where he expects more even-handed treatment.

That has led some of the president’s defenders to hope the Senate calls witnesses such as Biden, son of former Vice President Joe Biden; the whistleblower; Democratic operative Alexandra Chalupa; and Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch, whose firm, Fusion GPS, was contracted during the 2016 campaign to dig up dirt on Trump. The president is not in danger of being removed from office by the Senate, a move that requires 67 votes.

But in a trial, he is seeking exoneration. Some Republicans question whether that’s possible without hearing from witnesses, whether it be these or other less politically charged figures. “Not sure how you have a fair trial without calling witnesses,” said one Trump ally in the House. But with some Senate Republicans facing uncertain 2020 reelection contests and others privately unhappy with Trump’s behavior, mustering 51 GOP votes for Trump’s dream witness list appears impossible.

“How many senators would enjoy a Trump rally? That’s probably your whip count for calling Hunter,” a Republican senator said, requesting anonymity to speak candidly. Senate Democrats are not expected to provide any votes to call Biden or the others. Or, they might ask so high a price, demanding that in exchange, they be allowed to call Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Vice President Mike Pence, that Republicans balk.

“It becomes endless motions to call people, and I’m not sure what anybody gains from all that,” said John Thune of South Dakota, the No. 2-ranked Senate Republican.

Any decision to forgo witnesses, not yet formally adopted by Senate Republican leaders, could run afoul of Trump world and his grassroots supporters off of Capitol Hill. The White House did not respond to a request for comment, and the president has yet to address the issue directly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2019 10:26 PM

Reuters:

Trump warned Russia not to interfere in U.S. elections: White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2019 10:28 PM

Washington Post:

Trump pays $2 million in damages ordered by judge over misuse of charity funds, according to NY attorney general

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2019 10:30 PM

Remember Schiff is a skilled prosecutor, he has evidence we haven't seen yet. He's got a few cards up his sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2019 10:38 PM

Dems ares doing a focused, surgical strike. That was smart.

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2019 10:40 PM

Daddēē, fighting for you. Been before cameras all day. Plenty on Twitter. You love me, don't you daddēē?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2019 10:40 PM

CNN: Houston police chief Art Acevedo criticizes Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans over guns: 'Whose side are you on?'

"I don't want to hear about how much they support law enforcement," Acevedo said. "I don't want to hear about how much they care about lives and the sanctity of lives yet, we all know in law enforcement that one of the biggest reasons that the Senate and Mitch McConnell and (Texas Sens.) John Cornyn and Ted Cruz and others are not getting into a room and having a conference committee with the House and getting the Violence Against Women's Act (passed) is because the NRA doesn't like the fact that we want to take firearms out of the hands of boyfriends that abuse their girlfriends. And who killed our sergeant? A boyfriend abusing his girlfriend. So you're either here for women and children and our daughters and our sisters and our aunts, or you're here for the (National Rifle Association)."

He continued: "So I don't want to see their little smug faces talking about how much they care about law enforcement when I'm burying a sergeant because they don't want to piss off the NRA. Make up your minds, whose side are you on? Gun manufacturers, the gun lobby, or the children that are getting gunned down in this country every single day."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2019 10:40 PM

[quote] Trump warned Russia not to interfere in U.S. elections

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 87December 10, 2019 10:41 PM

[quote]Trump pays $2 million in damages ordered by judge over misuse of charity funds, according to NY attorney general

This should be broadcast as much as possible -- Trump even steals from charities.

by Anonymousreply 88December 10, 2019 10:42 PM

the fucking arrogance of Barr KILLS me and makes me so damn angry. Who does he think he is?

There will not be true justice in this world if that fat fucking piece of shit doesn't end up in jail

the damage he is doing to our intelligence and doj agencies is just despicable

—Anonymous

Right there with you R57; however all this ends, it needs to include that fat fuck, stripped of of everything & behind bars; the only comfort I take is that he's pissed off the intel community & I hope they are digging up dirt on Barr & his entire miserable family

by Anonymousreply 89December 10, 2019 10:50 PM

Adam Schiff:

Trump is meeting with Russia’s Foreign Minister in the Oval Office — again.

Adversaries invited in. Allies locked out.

Last time, they laughed about Trump’s firing of Comey. Today, they can celebrate the success of Russian propaganda.

Reagan wouldn’t recognize this GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 10, 2019 10:53 PM

Overdue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 10, 2019 11:15 PM

Barr isn't just a GOP criminal thug, he is batshit insane. Like literally insane. His speeches the past few years have shown he is a religious nutbag far beyond even Pence or Pompeo. The guy belongs in a padded cell far removed from society.

by Anonymousreply 92December 10, 2019 11:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 10, 2019 11:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 10, 2019 11:22 PM

CNN:

Growing divide between Trump and McConnell over impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 10, 2019 11:28 PM

I'm trying to figure out why Barr decided to take the job because clearly he's lost his luster since his Bush 41 years. Back then, we didn't have these issues because we had actual politicians in office - now we don't. We have a reality TV host as our President unfortunately...and it's sad as a patriot and veteran of this country.

by Anonymousreply 96December 10, 2019 11:29 PM

Barr is a bad man. Do impeachment on him next since it's long overdue. His law license needs revoked.

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2019 11:41 PM

R96, wasn't Barr the one who made sure Trump was excluded from the first Epstein indictment? That's probably why Trump rewarded him with Attorney General.

by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2019 11:46 PM

Reuters:

Russia's Lavrov calls on U.S. to publish bilateral communications over 2016 election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2019 11:52 PM

Washington Post:

Federal judge blocks Trump plan to spend $3.6 billion in military funds on border wall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2019 11:53 PM

No, R98. The Epstein indictment occurred during Bu$h II about 2007-08.

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2019 11:53 PM

The Hill:

Trump's approval dips among independent voters amid impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2019 11:57 PM

You know, if those two crazy kids couldn't make a go of it.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2019 11:59 PM

R101, but wasn't Barr an attorney in Florida at the time who helped Trump stay out of the Epstein indictment documents?

by Anonymousreply 104December 11, 2019 12:00 AM

R106, Barr wasn’t involved with the Epstein case in Florida, though his law firm worked on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 11, 2019 12:11 AM

Seriously with all these fucking religious whackjobs in the far reaches of government which they are actively corrupting in front of our faces.. it all feels very, very bad...the Handmaid's Tale seems more and more possible

by Anonymousreply 106December 11, 2019 12:20 AM

If he wins 2020 and especially if they flip the House, it truly is time to leave this country.

by Anonymousreply 107December 11, 2019 12:25 AM

The fix is already in....it explains their confidence when confronted with such blatant abuses.

by Anonymousreply 108December 11, 2019 12:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 11, 2019 12:36 AM

Don't be fooled by the apparent "confidence the GOP exudes in public. They're nervous and they're consulting with every political strategist with an ounce of credibility they can find. Better believe guys like Karl Rove have been huddled over business lunches in board rooms trying to figure out how they get the Orange ASshole out of the shitter. A big part of the conversation has been spent on whether it's worth it to back Trump or maybe cut their losses, suck it up and regroup. One scenario would call for them to remove him from office or insist he resign, take Pence, lose the election to Biden who is definitely a one term POTUS, then come roaring back in 2024 with Nikki Haley and a VP of their choosing. The Russians didn't teach the GOP how to steal. They've been rigging elections for a while.

by Anonymousreply 110December 11, 2019 12:38 AM

[quote] Barr wasn’t involved with the Epstein case in Florida, though his law firm worked on it.

And lest we forget, Epstein worked for Barr's father. He’s in it up to his chins.

by Anonymousreply 111December 11, 2019 12:38 AM

I can just see Barr in Prison giving bad advice to his fellow convicts.

by Anonymousreply 112December 11, 2019 12:40 AM

I wish they had added two or three more articles of Impeachment. I understand why they didn't want to look vindictive and throw the kitchen sink at him. I agree. But four or five articles of impeachment would enhance their credibility, IMO.Two makes them look weak.

by Anonymousreply 113December 11, 2019 12:41 AM

What kind of weird district in Ohio produced this "Gym"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 11, 2019 12:42 AM

They impeached Clinton for lying under oath. Trump lied under oath to Mueller. You have to give them a reason to vote him out. It would be hard to acquit him if you play every Senator who was on the record about Clintons lying being sufficient to impeach...Graham, Grassley, etc...

by Anonymousreply 115December 11, 2019 12:45 AM

One can reasonable guess what was promised and exchanged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 11, 2019 12:48 AM

R115, it’s possible Trump lied under oath to Mueller, but without the Mueller grand jury material we do not know for sure. He did a lot of “I do not recall” type answers. There is already ample reason to vote him out, it’s simply unlikely that anything will move the Republicans to do so.

by Anonymousreply 117December 11, 2019 12:51 AM

Mueller testified that Trump "wasnt truthful" in his written answers...if Barr wont release them, subpoena Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 118December 11, 2019 1:00 AM

This ran across my mind as well. Does Pelosi, Schiff, etc. have a smoking gun they plan to reveal at the Senate trial? Some evidence may be held back till then. Come a piece of it be explosive?

George Conway is hinting at such.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 11, 2019 1:01 AM

^from r119

[quote]Try typing with one hand while reaching for the toilet paper with the other.

by Anonymousreply 120December 11, 2019 1:05 AM

FULL TEXT: Read the articles of impeachment against President Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 11, 2019 1:05 AM

Hes mocking Trumps tweets...he referred to something as a smocking gun earlier.

by Anonymousreply 122December 11, 2019 1:06 AM

In my dreams, Nancy lets the Repub senators all vote to acquit him then drop some gigantic piece of evidence that not only spells out graphically just how corrupt and immoral Trump is, but shows that the Republicans knew about this evidence when they voted and still voted to acquit him anyway. Something that would take down the entire party.

It ain’t gonna happen, but it’s nice to dream.

by Anonymousreply 123December 11, 2019 1:08 AM

[quote] This ran across my mind as well. Do Pelosi, Schiff, etc. have a smoking gun they plan to reveal at the Senate trial? Some evidence may be held back till then.

I have been wondering that also. If that were the case, my guess is that it could be something related to the materials the government recovered from Parnas. Or, who knows?

There are a lot of strategic considerations that would go into holding on to that type of explosive evidence and waiting to release it at the most opportune moment.

I don’t think, however, that George Conway is hinting at that. I believe his tweet is solely intended to mock tRump.

by Anonymousreply 124December 11, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote]...it’s possible Trump lied under oath to Mueller, but without the Mueller grand jury material we do not know for sure.

This is why I think this was done too quickly. None of the big name witnesses even showed up. Their cases are in the courts right fucking now. Why the rush to two crappy articles of impeachment? Or, are they just going to hold these and wait on the others to charge obstruction of justice, perjury, etc. in more articles of impeachment yet to come?

All of this for these two articles and not hearing from any of the major players who are, in not showing up, committing obstruction of justice themselves isn't enough. No, they shouldn't have gone overboard with eight or ten charges, even though the fucker deserves them, but there should have been at least four. The lack of obstruction of justice and perjury are shocking. The lack of anything from the Mueller report where he laid out the evidence for like eleven different counts of obstruction of justice is insane.

Two counts is a joke easily dismissed by the Senate. This will all be over by March.

by Anonymousreply 125December 11, 2019 1:26 AM

R81, Trump “warned” Putin at Helsinki, not to interfere in our elections, then they laughed. 50 years from now, people will marvel about how stupid people were today, not to know that Trump is at least compromised, if not a Russian agent. It’s obvious.

by Anonymousreply 126December 11, 2019 1:31 AM

[quote] R125: Why the rush to two crappy articles of impeachment?

Listen to Adam Schiff when they announced the articles of impeachment. He addressed your question directly. Basically, it is too late to delay further. Doing so would be the same as canceling the impeachment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 11, 2019 1:45 AM

I have yet to see any convincing analysis that suggests that a laundry list of impeachment articles is a good idea. It's more likely to confuse and alienate the public. History also does not suggest that endless articles are helpful. Andrew Johnson was tried in the Senate on three counts (he was impeached on more); he was not removed, but was destroyed as a political force. Nixon was about to be impeached on three articles, but resigned. (Clinton, who survived, was impeached on two articles).

by Anonymousreply 128December 11, 2019 1:55 AM

[quote] R125: Or, are they just going to hold these and wait on the others to charge obstruction of justice, perjury, etc. in more articles of impeachment yet to come?

The “hold” business is cute but they aren’t going to do that. The public wants to see that the process appears to be fair, and that’s too cute by half.

I think I heard that the charge of “obstruction of Congress” contains within it “obstruction of justice”, so it’s covered.

I suppose the two charges are a kind of strategy. I don’t like it. I wanted to see “bribery” in [bold] boldface! [/bold] However, a guilty finding for even one charge means he’s gone, so I’m going to trust the experts and hope for the best.

by Anonymousreply 129December 11, 2019 1:58 AM

House reps have internal polls and they are not looking good for the GOP according to those I know. Even in smaller cities. A lot of people watch FOX but a lot do not. The college educated a fleeing the GOP in droves. This is showing up in polls. Harris County, Tx, home of Houston, just had a long time GOP county commissioner announce he is retiring. They see it slipping and in TX, it looks like slipping faster than they thought it would.

by Anonymousreply 130December 11, 2019 1:58 AM

Besides, there are two goals, to remove Trump, and if that fails, to destroy him and the Republican Party in the next election.

by Anonymousreply 131December 11, 2019 2:00 AM

I'd add that an incredibly lengthy trial (which would be the result of numerous articles of impeachment) appears to be what Trump wants, so that's a hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 132December 11, 2019 2:01 AM

Its a shame American Crime Story: IMPEACHMENT doesnt start until Sept 2020....it would have been good contrast to see what a real witch hunt looks like and how rabid the GOP were to impeach Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 133December 11, 2019 2:01 AM

I understand their approach and Schiff's explanation BUT I think they could have waited until the Supreme Court told McGahn to get his ass to Congress to testify. I think it could have lead to a domino effect with Bolton, Pompeo, Guiliani, etc. If, at that point, they all still play games, then go ahead with the two articles just as planned.

I still think it is too little, too fast. They should have seen what happens by February with the courts and witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 134December 11, 2019 2:03 AM

r130, that's great news, thanks FCI!

by Anonymousreply 135December 11, 2019 2:05 AM

Regardless of the outcome, I’m afraid my family party on 12/20 will not pass without incident. I have some Deplorable family and they can’t keep their mouth’s shut about politics. My brother is they type who, if you say “Let’s not talk about politics.” will respond, “Why?” I wouldn’t go at all, but my cousin I haven’t seen in 7 years will be there, and she’s about 75, so at some point, that’s it, the last time.

by Anonymousreply 136December 11, 2019 2:06 AM

Schedule. Full, final, House vote still expected next week.

There are protests or gatherings planned for, IIRC, the night before the vote. See the moveon.org site for locations near you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 11, 2019 2:18 AM

Incidentally, they could still add counts when the resolution is reviewed, which I understand starts tomorrow, Wed 12/11, at 7 pm or 8 pm. Yes, “pm”.

by Anonymousreply 138December 11, 2019 2:19 AM

Spotify keeps playing some stupid fucking Trump ad over and over. They want you to text so you can receive texts directly from Trump so we keep making America great in 2020. Their text number....Trump18. Could the dumb fuckers not figure out to buy Trump20 so are just using something left over from the 2018 election cycle?

We should expel all Repugs from the country. They can move to Russia since they just love Russia so much now.

by Anonymousreply 139December 11, 2019 2:38 AM

Trump apparently said Beto tried to ban religion by taking away bibles? at his rally tonight.

I don't recall this happening. Is Trump just making shit up again as usual?

by Anonymousreply 140December 11, 2019 2:44 AM

R140, well, of course he’s making shit up.

Maybe it’s based on something unexpected, like removing bibles from classrooms, if they are there at all. There were no bibles in my public school classrooms, but I’m in New England. I’m just guessing.

by Anonymousreply 141December 11, 2019 2:50 AM

Nikki Haley burned her bridges by embracing the confederate flag and racism. The same suburban women who ran from Trump will run from her.

by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2019 2:58 AM

Interesting, FCI.

I have been doing my part and calling the idiot rethugs I'm burdened with and telling them to impeach and remove the fucking traitor.

I will continue knowing it pisses them off if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 143December 11, 2019 3:09 AM

[quote] Trump apparently said Beto tried to ban religion by taking away bibles at his rally tonight.

The Moron-in-Chief is mixing up Bibles with guns.

by Anonymousreply 144December 11, 2019 3:17 AM

R37 Tonight, Brian Williams referred to it as Trump's "red meat rally".

by Anonymousreply 145December 11, 2019 3:22 AM

I meant R140 not 37. Time for bed.

by Anonymousreply 146December 11, 2019 3:24 AM

So Pres Bone Spurs can disparage law enforcement (FBI) call them all kinds of names like scum but gawd forbid anybody center or left criticize any regular police officer or their actions or you'd have Chik Fil A, FOX, Home Depot, Dollar General, Hobby Lobby would hold rallies and benefits to soothe their feelings, elementary kids would be bringing them food at their stations and high school kids would be offering them BJs. Why is the FBFUCKINGI standing for this? They ought to be taking to the streets, aggrieved and outraged.

Only fucking conservatives get away with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 147December 11, 2019 3:31 AM

[quote]Incidentally, they could still add counts when the resolution is reviewed, which I understand starts tomorrow, Wed 12/11, at 7 pm or 8 pm. Yes, “pm”.

There can also be additional impeachment hearings and totally new articles of impeachment drawn.

This is ain’t over.

by Anonymousreply 148December 11, 2019 3:50 AM

R148, that would destroy Trump. I once heard that Hell is getting hope, then having it taken from you, repeatedly. That was in a TV movie of the week I recall from the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 149December 11, 2019 3:57 AM

These people are disgusting. I mean, I think we can all be a little cynical about the rich, and the government, and the powerful. But did we ever get that there are so many disgusting cunts running this place? I'm not sure we totally did, until trump.

by Anonymousreply 150December 11, 2019 4:06 AM

R150, the stupidity of these people is what sticks with me. They seem to believe some of the most ridiculous things they hear on Fox. Things like, Liberals actually hate their country and are anti-family.

by Anonymousreply 151December 11, 2019 4:16 AM

I mean, I know you can't actually do this, it would cause a whole lot of problems down the road, but part of me wants to impeach Trump for being the stupidest, most ridiculous, piece of shit, nasty rancid old whore in the history of the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 152December 11, 2019 4:22 AM

R130, FCI, that's interesting. There do appear to be multiple indicators of erosion in the Republican vote in Texas these days.

Several Republican Congressmen from Texas are calling it quits next year, and the Will Hurd district in particular is likely to go to the Democrats in 2020, and possibly a few others.

The close Senate race in 2018 between Beto and Cruz was another indicator of that, as are some of the current Presidential polls out of TX.

by Anonymousreply 153December 11, 2019 6:11 AM

R153 every major metro in Texas went blue in 2018 for the first time in like 30 years. The Hillbillies in the rural areas are the hold ups, if you leave Austin or DFW they’re voting like 70-95% for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 154December 11, 2019 6:30 AM

Là Sénatrice will soon display the mother lode of hissy fits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 11, 2019 8:19 AM

Melania vs 'Mother'. Those two spat still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 11, 2019 8:26 AM

now that the articles of impeachment have been announced I wonder if we'll get any more bombshells of Trump's Ukraine folly between now and next week when they presumably vote?

by Anonymousreply 157December 11, 2019 9:57 AM

Trump's rally and his tweets are criminal insanity. Trump, Barr, Mulvaney, Chao, Pence, Pompeo, Carson, DeVos, Mnuchin, Ivanka, Ross, Kellyanne, Ivanka, Jared, Miller, etc., are disasters.

Proof there is a Devil, and he's appalled how much he overdid it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2019 10:37 AM

This Stephanie Grisham only speaks to Fox News and has zero news conferences. Cowardly behavior and spouting falsehoods are not endearing..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2019 11:01 AM

Lots of chatter on twitter about Dems Having smoking gun Evidence so far unreleased. What do you think Schiff (hands off ladies he’s mine) and Pelosi have up their sleeve?

by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2019 11:05 AM

[quote]There will not be true justice in this world if that fat fucking piece of shit doesn't end up in jail

SPOILER ALERT: Barr is not going to end up in jail. Like most criminals in the Washington political orbit, he will live a life of luxury until he dies.

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2019 11:28 AM

[quote]I understand their approach and Schiff's explanation BUT I think they could have waited until the Supreme Court told McGahn to get his ass to Congress to testify

Obama's AG Eric Holder refused to turn over some documents to a House committee and the Repugs went to court over it. The case was just settled this summer, seven years after the incident. McGhan (and Mulvane et al) can delay this for years.

Even if McGhan were compelled to show up, he'd just claim executive immunity, which would launch another round of court battles.

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2019 11:31 AM

And the winner is....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2019 12:05 PM

Politico: Pelosi brokers deal with liberals on drug pricing bill

Few if any of the chamber's Republicans are expected to support the package, and it won't get any traction in the GOP-controlled Senate. The White House on Tuesday issued an official veto threat against the House bill.

Talks on the tentative deal were continuing even as the Rules panel moved ahead to set parameters for floor debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2019 12:09 PM

NBC:

Trump slams 'flimsy, pathetic, ridiculous articles of impeachment'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2019 12:10 PM

[quote]TIME Person of the Year 2019: Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg

Sure to inspire another Trump Twitter meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 166December 11, 2019 12:11 PM

^

HERSHEY, Pa. — President Donald Trump bashed the impeachment inquiry on Tuesday just hours after House Democrats introduced two articles of impeachment, calling them "flimsy, pathetic, ridiculous articles of impeachment."

"They are now admitting that there was no collusion, no obstruction of justice, there are no crimes," Trump told a crowd of thousands of supporters at the Giant Center. "They are impeaching me and there are no crimes, this has to be a first."

The two articles of impeachment announced on Tuesday charge the president with abuse of power and obstruction of justice. The Democratic-controlled House is expected to vote to pass the articles before leaving for the holiday recess, which would make Trump the third president in American history to be impeached.

"People are saying 'there's not even a crime, what happened?'" Trump said. "This is the lightest, weakest impeachment."

by Anonymousreply 167December 11, 2019 12:12 PM

MSNBC:

Trump calls FBI ‘scum’ at rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168December 11, 2019 12:20 PM

Can you just take your 75 yr old cousin out to lunch, R136? If not just go for 90 minutes tops, get "sick" (stomach flu) and leave.

by Anonymousreply 169December 11, 2019 12:21 PM

Washington Post:

Inspector general to testify about FBI’s investigation of Trump campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 11, 2019 12:23 PM

Trump slams security guard as "politically correct" for not beating up protester instead of just ejecting her from rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 11, 2019 12:25 PM

He’s fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 172December 11, 2019 12:29 PM

Trump truly is despicable.

He needs to go like yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 173December 11, 2019 12:30 PM

Greta being POTY will make the righties shit their pants fully off.

by Anonymousreply 174December 11, 2019 12:35 PM

JFC, that rally. And of course it had to be in Central PA, Sinkhole of Deplorables.

Throw in this, and I'm convinced we're already living in the 4th Reich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 11, 2019 12:40 PM

USA Today:

House Judiciary to begin debate on articles of impeachment against President Trump - live updates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 11, 2019 12:43 PM

San Francisco Chronicle:

Pelosi’s narrow impeachment strategy could help California Dems in swing seats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 11, 2019 12:46 PM

Due To Donald Trump, Nearly Half Of Military Now Believes Russia Is An ‘Ally,’ Reagan Foundation Survey Finds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 11, 2019 12:54 PM

ABC:

Chris Steele refutes key points in DOJ watchdog report on Russia probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 11, 2019 12:59 PM

r178, the stupid, it burns.

by Anonymousreply 180December 11, 2019 1:02 PM

Our military self-selects for stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 181December 11, 2019 1:04 PM

We need to stop waiting for the government to "do something" and we need to boycott facebook and other social media that actually promotes the lies and conspiracy theories . It's not a free speech issue. It's screaming "fire" in a crowded theater when there is no fire. We need to go afterthe sponsors of these Alt Right sites and expose the Brietbart gang and others.

I was on Twitter last night. I like twitter. I get my news feeds from CNN,MSNBC, NBC, BBC, CBS, WaPo,etc. legit news sources,and I follow credible journalists, andexperts. Anyway, last night twitter was having a meltdown, because of Trump's rally. People were saying he has really lost it. It was a hate-filled ugly irrational rant and people who saw it said he was very scary.

by Anonymousreply 182December 11, 2019 1:10 PM

Trump campaign releases ad with Trump as Thanos from [italic]The Avengers,[/italic] Democrats turned to dust; character's creator, Jim Starlin, is disgusted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 11, 2019 1:20 PM

Don Lemon had Amanda Carpenter on last night. She's the author of Gaslighting America. My God, she explained very clearly how Trump starts up a conspiracy theory, creates suspense regarding the lie ("there's more info to come out very, very soon"), evades and then celebrates victory whether he's right or not. Something like that. She explains it's his M.O. EVERY time. Barr and all of Trump's cronies do it too. I wish I could find the video of that.

by Anonymousreply 184December 11, 2019 1:25 PM

Well, r183, if that isn't all sunshine and lollipops I don't know what is.

by Anonymousreply 185December 11, 2019 1:29 PM

Politico:

Why Democrats sidelined Mueller in impeachment articles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 11, 2019 1:34 PM

Will someone cuss, have a queen sized hissy fit, and have a miscarriage before the cameras?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 11, 2019 1:38 PM

[quote]First, he stakes out political territory no one else would dare occupy, taking over the news cycle. Next, he denies responsibility while simultaneously advancing the story. His third step may be his most maddening: he creates suspense for his story by saying more information is coming soon. His fourth step is carefully selecting a detractor to attack, often finding the weakest opponent or someone who will be severely damaged by taking a roll in the mud with him. If he’s successful, and sometimes even when he’s not, he’ll proceed to the fifth step: declaring victory under any circumstance. R184. It's so true he does this. When you see him on TV sometime today, try to see what "step" he is on.

by Anonymousreply 188December 11, 2019 1:44 PM

A British protesters sign I once saw said it best:

TRUMP IS A CUNT

They don't mince words, those British.

by Anonymousreply 189December 11, 2019 1:49 PM

R183 Trump couldn't walk up a short hill at a G-7 summit in Italy or wherever a couple years ago. He even rides a golf cart onto the putting green. An association of him having physical powers is quite comical.

Maybe those bone spurs are still incapacitating him?

by Anonymousreply 190December 11, 2019 1:50 PM

R170 I'm sitting here waiting for Horowitz to testify. Chuck Todd is on and said it will be within the hour.

by Anonymousreply 191December 11, 2019 1:50 PM

Miss Lindzey is talking Golden Showers.

by Anonymousreply 192December 11, 2019 2:38 PM

Miss Lindsey is such a butt plug of a person. Nasty little fucking cunt. I would love to see what kompromat they have on her.

by Anonymousreply 193December 11, 2019 2:41 PM

R193 I’m good on seeing 2 big black bucks plowing his polyp’d ass and mouth.

by Anonymousreply 194December 11, 2019 2:46 PM

I love you, OP!

by Anonymousreply 195December 11, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote] R169: Can you just take your 75 yr old cousin out to lunch, [R136]? If not just go for 90 minutes tops, get "sick" (stomach flu) and leave.

Thanks, R169. It’s two hours away so I really have to stay overnight. I can’t do that round trip in a day, anymore. Besides, there will be others there I’d like to see. There will be about 20 or more for dinner. I have to hope for the best.

by Anonymousreply 196December 11, 2019 2:52 PM

We knowha we of the Republicans are under Russian rule...I thought the FBI could find a way to prove it. Instead we have to lose our democracy, because of evil republicans.

by Anonymousreply 197December 11, 2019 3:02 PM

We knowha we of the Republicans are under Russian rule...I thought the FBI could find a way to prove it. Instead we have to lose our democracy, because of evil republicans.

by Anonymousreply 198December 11, 2019 3:02 PM

And R184 it is all so obvious to normal sentient people...the brainwashed on the other hand are a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 199December 11, 2019 3:03 PM

CBS Live....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 11, 2019 3:16 PM

I watched clips of that insane rally in Hershey Pa...even the crowd seemed a little shaky at times...he really is that crazed.

by Anonymousreply 201December 11, 2019 3:25 PM

Can we re-visit.....?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 11, 2019 3:33 PM

David Pakman on the Courts....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 11, 2019 3:44 PM

I'm also re-visiting....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 11, 2019 4:19 PM

Ponder this for a moment: the alleged, so-called President of the United States, in a public event, urged a security guard to commit assault. Can you imagine any president in the last 180 years doing that or getting away with it.

Beyond despicable and disgusting. From its inception, this whole long national nightmare has been a complete abomination. It cannot be over soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 205December 11, 2019 4:21 PM

Trump isn't destroying the court system, McConnell is.McConnell and all the Republicans in the Senate who permit this fucker to get away with shit. Who conspire with the Federalist Society to appoint assholes who neither understand the Law or have the ability to interpret it. And you know, John Roberts oversees the federal court system and there is a mechanism to investigate and discipline incompetent corrupt judges. If he were stronger and tougher he'd dump some of Mitch's picks and pressure them to resign. I'd help.

by Anonymousreply 206December 11, 2019 4:26 PM

He wants to be an all-powerful dictator so bad he can taste it. Charlie Pierce of [italic]Esquire[/italic] nailed it when he said that "his mind is a writhing ball of snakes." I think he'd love to personally execute his enemies on live TV.

by Anonymousreply 207December 11, 2019 4:33 PM

Miss Lindzey would be pissed...

She be kinky.

by Anonymousreply 208December 11, 2019 4:36 PM

r119 Schiff and Nancy are withholding the audio and video recordings handed over by Rudy's Russian goon. Schiff isn't dumb, he's got cards up his sleeves.

by Anonymousreply 209December 11, 2019 4:41 PM

It's quite obvious that it would be the easiest thing to get rid of Trump, but he has a very, very powerful support system. McConnell, Barr, Putin. They are the ones who keep him in place. From there it's the rigth wing media and hired pundits which sell the narrative to their deplorable demographic to make it look like there is more public support than there really is (to explain away rigged elections).

Personally I don't think that in the long run Putin and the GOP will win, because if Trump is re-elected the opposition has no other choice but to admit that the system is broken beyond repair. And some kind of civil war will be the only option to remove Trump, McConnell, Barr and their associates. But a US government in upheaval will benefit Putin even more (short term, he will get his Karma some day).

by Anonymousreply 210December 11, 2019 4:56 PM

USA Today:

'Total nonsense': Democrats rip McConnell on delaying USMCA vote until after impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 11, 2019 5:15 PM

Roll Call:

With scores to settle, Trump slams ‘crooked bastard’ Schiff over impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212December 11, 2019 5:18 PM

Can a few of you talking about the "smoking gun" please read this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213December 11, 2019 5:28 PM

His job approval rating is 42 percent, the lowest of any incumbent seeking reelection since Carter in '79.

by Anonymousreply 214December 11, 2019 5:30 PM

There’s a lot of chatter on the interwebs that Pelosi and Schiff have an ace up their sleeve that they’re going to pull during the impeachment trial. Some have speculated its audio or video from Lev Parnas. Does anyone think there’s more bombshell revelations around the corner? Or do we know the whole story already and that’s it?

by Anonymousreply 215December 11, 2019 5:40 PM

I would be very cautious about such chatter and rumors, because they raise expectation that, when not met, end in being disappointed and underwhelmed in the overall impeachment process.

by Anonymousreply 216December 11, 2019 5:53 PM

What r216 said.

That may be more of a disinformation campaign put about to demoralize us when it doesn't manifest.

Look, the stupid orange twat admitted IN HIS OWN WORDS that he asked zelensky to investigate Biden. What more is there to release? It's already out there

As is his continued obstruction of justice, Congress and his extortion attempts.

He fucking admits to all of it.

So don't hold your breath that some new, bigger, revelation is just over the next hill that will force the traitors in the Senate to do their job and rid the nation of this fiend. It's just disinformation to distract and demoralize.

by Anonymousreply 217December 11, 2019 6:22 PM

somehow I missed this back in Oct.

Trump says the 'phony' Constitution 'doesn't matter' because he's 'rich'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 11, 2019 6:25 PM

Yeah, as much as I want to believe there's something damning reserved for the Senate hearing, all the "goods" have already been laid out by Schiff & Co.

by Anonymousreply 219December 11, 2019 6:31 PM

Schiff has not released the documents and recordings that Lev Parnas gave him.

by Anonymousreply 220December 11, 2019 7:02 PM

omg the despicable repubs in the Senate are now foisting upon us the narrative that "the FBI/Obama admin interfered in the 2016 elections against Trump."

since we know the repubs are the party of grievance and this shit will play very well with the base

just disgusting

by Anonymousreply 221December 11, 2019 7:05 PM

ProPublica:

Donald Trump Jr. Went to Mongolia, Got Special Treatment From the Government and Killed an Endangered Sheep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 11, 2019 7:33 PM

Roll Call:

House urges Supreme Court to enforce subpoenas for Trump’s financial records

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223December 11, 2019 7:46 PM

Washington Post:

Inspector general says Barr’s hand-picked prosecutor failed to convince him FBI was wrong to open Trump campaign investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 11, 2019 7:48 PM

The DC:

Democratic Rep. Karen Bass Says She Would Push To Impeach Trump Again If He Wins In 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 11, 2019 7:51 PM

How is there no separate thread for the senate hearing?

by Anonymousreply 226December 11, 2019 7:58 PM

Good R225. As she should. Also, it would be fantastic if Trump's tax returns come out in time for the Senate hearing.

by Anonymousreply 227December 11, 2019 8:07 PM

I was wondering about that as well.

by Anonymousreply 228December 11, 2019 8:08 PM

At r215 a lot of people thought that Hillary's campaign was going to have an eleventh hour bomb to drop on Trump. It didn't pan out. Quite the opposite, she got screwed by Comey.

by Anonymousreply 229December 11, 2019 8:36 PM

ABC: Trump blasts 'impeachment lite' as House Judiciary Committee considers articles

“This is the lightest, weakest impeachment -- you know, our country has had, actually, many impeachments,” Trump told a rally in Hershey, Pennsylvania, Tuesday night. “Everybody said this is impeachment-lite. This is the lightest impeachment in the history of our country by far. It's not even like an impeachment.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 11, 2019 8:39 PM

Wasn’t the 11th hour bomb dropped on Trump the “Access Hollywood” tape?

by Anonymousreply 231December 11, 2019 8:40 PM

CBSLA: Second Man Arrested For Spraying Anti-Trump Protesters With Bear Repellent At Santa Monica Pier

Joseph Krongchana???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232December 11, 2019 8:43 PM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 233December 11, 2019 9:16 PM

Glad to see that Horowitz pushed back.

by Anonymousreply 234December 11, 2019 9:19 PM

What happened with Hillary, among other things, was 48k people in MI, PA, and WI thought she was going to win so they didn't bother to vote. 48k people's laziness did irreparable harm to the world.

by Anonymousreply 235December 11, 2019 9:22 PM

We don't need another "smoking gun". We have thousands of smoking guns already. Trump has been in violation of Constitutional laws and rules since the second he was sworn in. He has thrown his crimes in our faces non-stop. Just because our cowering media won't call his crimes out for what they are doesn't mean he hasn't been committing them. There are dozens of smoking guns on Ukraine alone.

What we need are Republicans who aren't visiting Russia on the 4th of July or going on Meet the Press to spout Russian propaganda while they cover for Putin's agent in the Oval Office.

Trump is guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors. The GOP Senators know it. They don't care.

And any Democrat wavering on voting to impeach can go fuck themselves. I hope they get primaried out of existence.

by Anonymousreply 236December 11, 2019 9:59 PM

R184, yes, Amanda Carpenter has turned out to be a pretty good critic of Trump. She may be a conservative, but she's been articulate in her attacks on his behavior over the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 237December 11, 2019 10:32 PM

Parnas may have a copy of the pee pee tapes.

by Anonymousreply 238December 11, 2019 10:38 PM

Here's the part that the media never makes crystal clear: The US was spying...on R U S S I A as it always had. The spying didn't suddenly start because of Trump. Every fucking country spies on each other. The Trumps are corrupt fuckheads -because their businesses would be non-existent if they weren't- and they happened to be meeting for corrupt reasons with a country we were spying on. The Trumps weren't the targets of the spying and their moronic supporters need to stop the bullshit. They happened to get caught in the trap set for Russia because the Trumps are a family made up of generations of scheming shitheads.

by Anonymousreply 239December 11, 2019 10:51 PM

Evidently, the IG report debunked the notion of a pee-pee tape.

by Anonymousreply 240December 11, 2019 10:51 PM

Lá Sénatrice had a puffy and sweaty clitoris today.

by Anonymousreply 241December 11, 2019 10:51 PM

I'm just annoyed that this FISA stuff is giving repubs a chance to claim that the whole investigation was biased and unjustified. Obviously that's not true but it's gives the repubs and their media whores "an out" to perpetuate that narrative. I wish the FBI had been more disciplined in that area.

It's also annoying that the standards for Democrats seem to be extraordinarily high but repubs don't have any standard.

Take this exact same situation and flip the parties...the Democratic President would have been impeached and removed as many Democrats would have agreed. repubs just are all party and power first, not country/rule of law

by Anonymousreply 242December 11, 2019 10:52 PM

R242, Obama wearing a tan suit would've been grounds for impeachment in their warped world.

by Anonymousreply 243December 11, 2019 10:53 PM

R162, that wasn't an impeachment inquiry. The court process has already moved more quickly and all the rulings have gone against Trump, just like the Supreme Court decisions will. On top of the orders to honor the Congressional subpoenas that are about to come down, we will also be getting access to his fucking financial records.

This could have waited until February when a lot of these court rulings will be decided. If the Dems aren't planning on adding to these paltry articles using the new evidence sure to be gained in the next month or so as the court decisions come down and we get Trump's financial records and the administration is ordered to start showing up for subpoenaed testimony (and I actually think Bolton and, perhaps, even McGahn, want to show up - remember, he testified for days for Mueller! - but want cover), then what the fuck is the point? This whole thing will be over by the middle of February and the Repugs get eight months to recover? Makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 244December 11, 2019 10:56 PM

^^If they waited until February than McConnell wouldn't schedule the trial until middle of the primaries when 4 senators need to be out campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 245December 11, 2019 11:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 11, 2019 11:06 PM

R245, who's to say he isn't going to do that anyway? Do you remember Merrick Garland?

What happens when a week after the Senate refuses to remove the fucker, we get all kinds of court rulings from the Supreme Court forcing Barr, Pompeo, McGahn, Bolton, etc. to testify? When we get all his financial records showing him currently breaking all kinds of financial laws with the help of Russian oligarchs? Are we going to rush through some more articles of impeachment before summer? Nope. He'll just get away with everything, including obstructing the very investigation that would force his removal. Must be nice to be above the law.

If he gets off, I hope he does shoot someone on 5th Avenue. At least then we'll know for sure our country is over.

by Anonymousreply 247December 11, 2019 11:13 PM

You can always tell when the Republican Reps are on, even if you are listening in another room: it's the screaming, the endless screaming.

by Anonymousreply 248December 11, 2019 11:22 PM

I hate this hillbilly motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 249December 11, 2019 11:25 PM

Cornpone Collins.

by Anonymousreply 250December 11, 2019 11:28 PM

The 'rallies' are a ruse to convince the country that Trump has legions of followers. When it's just every hick in the state coming to watch Dotard poke fun at people. Every event he has to say that 1,000s came to worship him, and just as many are outside dying to get in. Then he lies and says the 'fake media' won't tell the truth about it.

If most people are honest they would confess that they just want him to go away.

by Anonymousreply 251December 11, 2019 11:42 PM

Is anyone watching these speeches in the mark up judiciary hearing tonight?

by Anonymousreply 252December 12, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote] R215: Does anyone think there’s more bombshell revelations around the corner?

No. I have never seen them operate that way, with dramatic surprises. I don’t think anything like that will happen.

by Anonymousreply 253December 12, 2019 12:19 AM

Republicans are sad

by Anonymousreply 254December 12, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote] R244: This could have waited until February ...

No, it really couldn’t wait, as I have explained to you many times. Shiff explained it up thread and Nancy spoke about this yesterday. If you’ve watched TV, you should have heard the experts explain this by now.

I know you’re terribly worried, but you’ve posted the same post multiple times and you’re not adding anything new. We get it, you think they should have waited. It would be nice if you stopped posting this until you have something new to say. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 255December 12, 2019 1:30 AM

Have we discussed the Twitter rumors that Christopher Steele was fucking Ivanka back in 2007?

As in, back when he was spying on Russia for MI6?

by Anonymousreply 256December 12, 2019 1:38 AM

17 former Watergate special prosecutors: We investigated the Watergate scandal. We believe Trump should be impeached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 12, 2019 1:54 AM

I’d like to be above the law. Where do I sign up? Is it a club? Is there a registry? I don’t want to have to have lunch with Donald Trump, though.

by Anonymousreply 258December 12, 2019 1:55 AM

He has no path to win unless there is massive cheating says all the internal polls. ALL.

by Anonymousreply 259December 12, 2019 3:00 AM

Tell us more, FCI!

Don't tease us!

If the rethugs' internal polls say he's fucked, why is the Senate trying to ram this thru without a trial?

by Anonymousreply 260December 12, 2019 3:05 AM

R260 I'm not holding back- he is fucked except for cheating. If he wins, at least what is being seen right now, he loses in a landslide. A landslide. All according to internal (more accurate) polls. The electorate is angry and unstable which is the only reason Dems are even a tiny bit cautious.

by Anonymousreply 261December 12, 2019 3:09 AM

USA Today:

'Sold his soul': Michael Cohen asks judge to reduce prison sentence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 12, 2019 3:15 AM

[quote]All according to internal (more accurate) polls.

How are "internal" polls different than the well known polling organizations?

by Anonymousreply 263December 12, 2019 3:15 AM

Trump shouldn't win but remember things tighten in the last month. We shouldn't go by polls anyway

the key will be whether or not more people who stayed home in 2016 battleground states actually show up and vote for the Democratic nominee. Yes there will be a sliver of people who went for Trump who realized their mistake but the vast majority of Trump round 1 voters will vote for him again round 2.

A lot will depend on how the negatives (whether true or made up by repubs) about the final Democratic nominee stick with the public. Enough people were turned off in 2004 and 2016. Hopefully most of the voting public has wizened up and realizes repubs lie and that no Democrat will come close to being "as bad as" Trump in any way shape or form.

by Anonymousreply 264December 12, 2019 3:16 AM

NYT:

Movie Nights, Camp David and Cable Messaging: A White House Impeachment Playbook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 12, 2019 3:17 AM

Business Insider:

Before his death, legendary Fed chief Paul Volcker issued one last warning to the US

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 12, 2019 3:19 AM

Trump and Bondi are so lucky that Florida stayed in repub control after the 2018 midterms so they don't have to face investigations in that state.

Just imagine all the stuff Trump has done in Florida that's not being investigated

and Bondi of course would be in trouble for the payoff she accepted from Trump. If she was willing to take that, imagine what else she may have done behind the scenes that we don't know about

by Anonymousreply 267December 12, 2019 3:20 AM

Washington Post:

After bipartisan pushback, Trump ditches effort to kill major federal agency

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 12, 2019 3:20 AM

ABC:

Trump considering adding Alan Dershowitz to impeachment legal team: Sources

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 12, 2019 3:22 AM

Washington Post:

In new legal memo, White House budget office defends withholding aid to Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 12, 2019 3:24 AM

R269 I wonder what took him so long.

by Anonymousreply 271December 12, 2019 3:24 AM

Yeah, R271. Trump would see Dershowitz on TV, supporting him, so you’d think he’d have reached out already.

by Anonymousreply 272December 12, 2019 3:27 AM

Bloomberg:

Trump Blocked by Second Judge on Military Funds for His Wall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273December 12, 2019 3:30 AM

Mcconnell is going to just acquit him.

by Anonymousreply 274December 12, 2019 3:31 AM

Rachel reported tonight that Trump was shown a map of Korea. I think it was last year. He asked “why” Seoul was so close to the North Korean border. How do you answer such a stupid question? Then he said that they would have to move the capital. He was serious, too. It has 12 million or more people.

by Anonymousreply 275December 12, 2019 3:31 AM

25 million

by Anonymousreply 276December 12, 2019 3:33 AM

[quote]Mcconnell is going to just acquit him.

God, if anyone deserved to be boiled in broth and turned into soup. Fucking turtle.

by Anonymousreply 277December 12, 2019 3:37 AM

[quote]Mcconnell is going to just acquit him.

God, if anyone deserved to be boiled in broth and turned into soup. Fucking turtle.

by Anonymousreply 278December 12, 2019 3:37 AM

yeah no surprise that Dershowitz might join the defense team with Bondi lmao.

Dershowtiz has been going on Fox for the last couple years mostly defending him anyway

he helped get OJ off why not Trump?

and like Trump he was buds with Epstein

it all connects

by Anonymousreply 279December 12, 2019 3:46 AM

R263, the very best (and best funded) pollsters work for a one party or a particular campaign. It’s thought that they have the best read of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 280December 12, 2019 4:29 AM

R255, shove your paternalistic "Thanks" up your ass. I brought up points in the first paragraph of the post you quoted that are worth a conversation. There is a difference between this and the Holder situation when it comes to the courts speed because it is an impeachment inquiry defined by the Constitution. It has already moved through the courts at lightning speed in comparison. I think Schiff was disingenuous when he said it took them eight months to get here. They only officially started the impeachment inquiry a couple of months ago. Some of their lawsuits have taken a couple of months to get through three layers of courts. The courts are expediting these cases.

They have made a mistake. No one has yet answered whether they think this is just the beginning of charges, either even though you in your infinite wisdom just think we should go along like the Repug sheep always do. If that were the case, there'd be no impeachment investigation at all. So, again, shove your paternalistic, arrogant bullshit up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 281December 12, 2019 6:09 AM

Cohen says Trump's lawyer urged him to lie to Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282December 12, 2019 6:36 AM

[quote] Have we discussed the Twitter rumors that Christopher Steele was fucking Ivanka back in 2007?

Clearly the Steele Dossier came from someone who holds a grudge against the Trump family. Bad break-up?

by Anonymousreply 283December 12, 2019 7:45 AM

We know this president has no morals, no character and will do absolutely anything to succeed. Why doesn't a good person come along and set him up? They could record him, video him and he would say the most vile things that anyone could think of, about opponents , about women, about Hispanics and African Americans. Maybe someone could get him talking to the Nazi Monster, Steven Miller...find a way to film them going off in their disgusting way.

by Anonymousreply 284December 12, 2019 8:16 AM

Clearly, Trump is a criminal and he is all bad. There is not one thing good to say about the asshole, Trump. He is a grifter and the biggest liar in the country. Reporters never force him to tell the truth, he needs to be shown as the liar he is...reporters need to grow backbones.

by Anonymousreply 285December 12, 2019 8:22 AM

Clearly, Trump is a criminal and he is all bad. There is not one thing good to say about the asshole, Trump. He is a grifter and the biggest liar in the country. Reporters never force him to tell the truth, he needs to be shown as the liar he is...reporters need to grow backbones.

by Anonymousreply 286December 12, 2019 8:22 AM

The Republicans only care about one thing...no taxes. That is absolutely the only thing they care about and they will smash an infants head if it means they can avoid taxes.

by Anonymousreply 287December 12, 2019 8:30 AM

[quote] We know this president has no morals, no character and will do absolutely anything to succeed. Why doesn't a good person come along and set him up?

To what end? The Liberal side knows already what a terrible human being he is who needs to be removed from the White House for all of his criminal acts, and the right wing side does not give a fuck. They value the power they have through him more than the well being of the US and the rest of the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288December 12, 2019 8:50 AM

Senator, do you enjoy watching hot wax lesbian porn?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289December 12, 2019 9:14 AM

Those bible banger females might give up on him, if they hear the worst he would say about women in particular, about THEM. They pretend those things he once said about grabbing pussy....they think God forgave him but if he said those same things now (and worse) they might give up on him. Besides he might confess to something worse.

by Anonymousreply 290December 12, 2019 9:28 AM

Those bible banger females might give up on him, if they hear the worst he would say about women in particular, about THEM. They pretend those things he once said about grabbing pussy....they think God forgave him but if he said those same things now (and worse) they might give up on him. Besides he might confess to something worse.

by Anonymousreply 291December 12, 2019 9:28 AM

So, w/Lavrov showing up today, it might mean [bold]the Russians know Trump needs special attention.[/bold] Not to mention, the Russians are rubbing their coup in our faces. I have theory.

[bold]Every KGB agent needs 6 years of psychology training including field work before he can handle an asset.[/bold] I assume Putin went through the course. Now...[bold]we also hear that Putin and Trump have special, unmonitored phone calls and Trumps demeanor has been described as uplifted, jovial[/bold] - in a good mood!

Of course, I can't imagine Putin, who speaks perfect English, actually performs these sessions. [bold]My theory is Putin has shrink w/a similar voice do them instead.[/bold] Like he has all those body doubles.

by Anonymousreply 292December 12, 2019 9:33 AM

Look We have always known the possibility of the Republican majority Senate convicting and removing Trump was a fantasy. Never going to happen. All the "In private they hate him..." is bullshit. We know it.

Now the gossip is that McConnell is looking for a way out. A speedy trial and an acquittal. Two weeks. Trump wants to go big. He wants a big event, with a lot of witnesses. He wants to put Joe and Hunter Biden in the hot seat and grill them for days. Go after Schiff, etc. A spectacle.

McConnell does not. He wants to get this over with "For the sake of the American People.." And I know you will fry me for saying this, but I think it may benefit us, the Democrats & Anti Trumpers if it is a short trial. We already know the outcome. We'll have all the video footage we need, ( already have most of it). And we can use the "speedy trial" to our benefit in 2020 when we run the Republicans out of the Senate.

If McConnell allows Trump to have his way, it will not be a good thing. I don't want to see Biden and his son dragged in to this Impeachment.I don't want him anywhere near it. We need to focus on making sure all our state elections are fair, taking back the Senate, holding the House, and turning out the vote. Period. Eyes on the Prize.

by Anonymousreply 293December 12, 2019 12:15 PM

From what I read, they don't have the votes to put the Bidens as witnesses into the trial.

by Anonymousreply 294December 12, 2019 12:19 PM

Editorial boards around the country are supporting impeachment. I would expect it's mostly older people who still get papers, so isn't this going to go right to Trump's base?

by Anonymousreply 295December 12, 2019 12:27 PM

Impeachment allows the Democrats to stand for something. The Law. Our Constitution. But too many people out there have no idea that it has to go to the Senate for removal. I think a lot of people will be surprised. Not kidding. We have some seriously dumb people in this country.

by Anonymousreply 296December 12, 2019 12:32 PM

Brad Parscale, Trump's flame throwing, aggressive, mean spirited campaign manager has been putting heavy pressure on Democratic House members in Red states to peel off some so the House doesn't get the wide support Pelosi is counting on. A lot of those Dems are getting bombarded with phone calls, faxes, and being confronted at home about voting for impeachment. Some of them are genuinely intimidated. Parscale wants to embarrass Pelosi and break her hold. It won't happen, because Pelosi will prevail and we have enough of a margin that we can afford some defections, but I sure wish we had some Brad Parscales fighting for our side. Politics is war.

by Anonymousreply 297December 12, 2019 12:37 PM

[quote]Trump wants to go big. He wants a big event, with a lot of witnesses.

Trump says that's what he wants. Like most things coming out of his blowhole, it's a lie.

by Anonymousreply 298December 12, 2019 12:52 PM

The reason why I think impeachment is important even though he won't be convicted in the Senate is to mark history in a way that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated. Nancy Pelosi said in her CNN town hall that she wants her legacy to be that she passed Obamacare, but I think that this will overshadow the USMCA thing, the ACA because she's showing future women Speakers that you can tolerate this behavior for so long or you can let the President steamroll you. Speaker Pelosi knows what she's doing and I damn sure am proud of her as a gay guy clearly.

I just wish that the Rethugs would admit that what he did is and was wrong. All they have to do is say it, but they're so scared of their constituents and a fucking Tweet from the POTUS. You have to be kidding me that you're afraid of what someone puts on social media about you at their fucking ages...like high school girls take a bad Tweet from the queen bee at school better than these old, broke down Rethugicans asses. Literally, have several seats before your hip comes out of socket.

by Anonymousreply 299December 12, 2019 1:12 PM

R297, Parscale is a huge crook. No, we don’t want him.

by Anonymousreply 300December 12, 2019 1:22 PM

God Nadler is so weak.

Why can't Schiff be the chairman of this committee too?

And oh yeah, STFU Collins!!!

by Anonymousreply 301December 12, 2019 1:25 PM

Why? Is Nadler screaming, like the Republican jackasses?

by Anonymousreply 302December 12, 2019 1:37 PM

Why? Is Nadler screaming, like the Republican jackasses?

by Anonymousreply 303December 12, 2019 1:37 PM

R301, I agree with you. I think that if they allowed Jordan to be on the Intel committee, Schiff should have been allowed to be on the Judiciary committee. But I've got a feeling that Schiff WILL be the head manager and presenter in the Senate trial and when he is, I can't wait!

Doug Collins is cute, but his views are so twisted that he's ugly. God don't like ugly and He's not too fond of pretty either.

by Anonymousreply 304December 12, 2019 1:38 PM

Since the Biden did nothing wrong...in some ways they might be happy to witness to that fact.

by Anonymousreply 305December 12, 2019 1:49 PM

Since the Biden did nothing wrong...in some ways they might be happy to witness to that fact.

by Anonymousreply 306December 12, 2019 1:50 PM

And that bitch Lesko and her "liberal" law professors remark, she can go straight to hell!

That's the same bitch who said "Democrat" party in one of the other hearings.

Right wing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 307December 12, 2019 1:55 PM

Is this hearing necessary? It Just seems like a repetition of both sides talking points.

by Anonymousreply 308December 12, 2019 2:03 PM

Talk about playing for the camera! Swalwell is looking right at it right now.

Hey Swalwell fans, here's your chance to watch him and imagine he's talking directly to you! SWOON

by Anonymousreply 309December 12, 2019 2:05 PM

CBS Live....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 12, 2019 2:14 PM

NBC:

Trump, hours before impeachment vote, says 'no crime,' 'crazy!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311December 12, 2019 2:18 PM

USA Today:

Democratic Rep. Van Drew to vote against Trump impeachment, says others could join him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 12, 2019 2:19 PM

Washington Post:

Senate Republicans look to hold short impeachment trial despite Trump’s desire for an aggressive defense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313December 12, 2019 2:23 PM

USA Today:

Trump attacks Greta Thunberg for being Time's 'Person of the Year'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314December 12, 2019 2:25 PM

NBC:

Pentagon watchdog plans to review award of $400M border wall contract to firm touted by Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315December 12, 2019 2:45 PM

r315, eh. Put it on the impeachment tab.

by Anonymousreply 316December 12, 2019 3:44 PM

Is everyone so glued to the TV that they forgot about DL, haha? Just sayin'...

by Anonymousreply 317December 12, 2019 3:50 PM

[quote] R281: shove your paternalistic "Thanks" up your ass.

Well, at least you have something new to say. “Thanks” for that!

by Anonymousreply 318December 12, 2019 3:52 PM

John Dean floated an idea: vote in the House to impeach but don't send the articles to the Senate. Keep the investigations going. Tomorrow the SCOTUS decides if they are taking his financials case; odds are they are not. Evidence of money laundering, bank fraud, and tax fraud.

by Anonymousreply 319December 12, 2019 4:08 PM

R319, I didn't think about that...he's DAMN sure right about that because if you hold off on the Senate, Moscow Mitch/Angry Addison has to move the calendar to when they do send it making it difficult for them to do a speedy trial.

by Anonymousreply 320December 12, 2019 4:14 PM

Why are they allowing Gaetz' secret gay ass to do most of the talking? Is he the one who wrote the amendment or something?

by Anonymousreply 321December 12, 2019 4:16 PM

[quote]Is everyone so glued to the TV that they forgot about DL, haha? Just sayin'...

I don't know about anyone else, but DL just went kablooey on my Chrome browser. No option to post, no photos, no watched threads, etc.

by Anonymousreply 322December 12, 2019 4:20 PM

R322, that happened to me too! I don't understand why it's doing that. Usually I just hit F5 to get it back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 323December 12, 2019 4:29 PM

Washington Post:

House Democrats brace for some defections among moderates on impeachment of Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 12, 2019 4:42 PM

NYT:

Impeachment Live Updates: Republicans Try to Kill the Abuse of Power Charge vs. Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325December 12, 2019 4:43 PM

Moderates? Moderates supporting Trump? Is that supposed to be a reject from The Onion?

by Anonymousreply 326December 12, 2019 4:43 PM

Greta changed her bio to:

A teenager working on her anger management problem. Currently chilling and watching a good old fashioned movie with a friend.

by Anonymousreply 327December 12, 2019 5:28 PM

Really, Miss Lindsey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328December 12, 2019 6:38 PM

Well, get on the phones to your reps and senators and tell them to impeach and remove.

I've called every day. It takes 10 minutes. Do it while sitting in traffic. If you have a blue rep, call them and tell them you support them!

There are more of us than there are trumptards. So light those phone lines up and let those cowards know where you stand.

by Anonymousreply 329December 12, 2019 6:43 PM

Yeah, r322. It did that on Safari, too. Every time someone suggests paying that measly $1.50 a day, I reflect on days like this. If this site was maintained properly, I’d happily cough up $10 a month. But it’s a mess.

by Anonymousreply 330December 12, 2019 7:14 PM

I pay that $1.50 a day and I haven't had any problems, r330.

by Anonymousreply 331December 12, 2019 7:18 PM

NYT:

Impeachment Live Updates: Republicans Try to Shift Focus to Hunter Biden During Debate on Trump Charges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332December 12, 2019 7:19 PM

Is Mr. Collins pinching a loaf?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333December 12, 2019 7:21 PM

The Hill:

McConnell accuses Democrats of stonewalling funding talks with wall demands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334December 12, 2019 7:39 PM

CNN:

McConnell will move to acquit Trump, not merely dismiss charges, 2 GOP senators say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335December 12, 2019 7:42 PM

WSJ: Construction of Texas Border Wall Stalls Over Fights With Landowners

LAREDO, Texas—Nearly three years into the Trump administration, almost no border wall has been built in Texas. Local property owners ranging from ranchers to a Catholic diocese and institutions have resisted federal efforts to claim their land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336December 12, 2019 7:58 PM

Republican Rep. Collins just said at 4:30 that I Ukrainian President Zelinski said “there was no pressure”. This wasn’t at all what Zelinski said. The Republicans are just lying.big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 337December 12, 2019 9:17 PM

I move to strike the last word.

by Anonymousreply 338December 12, 2019 9:19 PM

The NYTimes is reporting that there’s a framework for a deal with China now. Right. Deflect, deflect, deflect....

by Anonymousreply 339December 12, 2019 9:41 PM

R334, I thought Trump promised that day on 1 of his Presidency he would start building that wall! For 2 years Trump and the Republicans had the majority in the House and Senate. I really hate that the Democrats are being blamed for Trump's failure when it's the Republicans that don't want it. Not only Vote Them Out, but Lock Them Up.

by Anonymousreply 340December 12, 2019 10:15 PM

[quote]I pay that $1.50 a day and I haven't had any problems

Me too. I'm a paying member also. If a few more people contributed, maybe there wouldn't be the paywalling of threads.

by Anonymousreply 341December 12, 2019 10:47 PM

CornPone Collins is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 342December 12, 2019 10:49 PM

I thought I sounded quite profound.

by Anonymousreply 343December 12, 2019 10:50 PM

Justin Amash:

Republicans are making a concerted effort to mislead. “High Crimes and Misdemeanors” is pointedly NOT about statutory crimes. In fact, the Constitution doesn’t provide for impeachment for ordinary crimes; they must be “high.” Impeachable wrongdoing must relate to abuse of office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344December 12, 2019 11:25 PM

Why would anyone pay for a site that doesn't do anything to protect us from Russian trolls and racist and transphobic Trumpers? You'd almost think that Muriel is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 345December 12, 2019 11:26 PM

A federal judge has rejected the Trump admin's attempt to toss out a lawsuit over missing notes documenting Trump's face-to-face meetings with Putin. The judge was a Trump appointee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 12, 2019 11:27 PM

r345, you're the reason the word putz was invented.

by Anonymousreply 347December 12, 2019 11:58 PM

And so it begins.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348December 13, 2019 12:59 AM

So basically, unless it's some moron from FOX, the fucking fat baby won't do it.

Fuck you, Trump supporters. Losers support him. Fucking losers.

by Anonymousreply 349December 13, 2019 1:01 AM

Can you imagine debating this cunt, seriously? Can you imagine actually trying to get the cunt to focus on anything other than his own stupid whims and bullshit. It would be so frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 350December 13, 2019 1:10 AM

Easy to address. The Dem candidate gets 1 hour to speak. S/he should take 10 min for foreign affairs; 10 min for domestic affairs; and 10 min on character and competence; and 30 min for questions. Something like that. It makes his/her job harder because s/he has to prepare for two possible events, but let’s say Trump must commit by 10 days before. Not that he keeps his word, but whatever. I think that will get him to appear. Unless he’s on another channel.

by Anonymousreply 351December 13, 2019 1:11 AM

R346, I told all y'all that lying scumbag wasn't to be trusted. At all.

Everyone kept crowing about all of the "info" this liar was allegedly turning over that implicated the Ghoul and fat Donnie. He didn't. His "info" is all lies and fabrication. He is just saying what he thinks people want to hear.

Lock him up and throw away the key.

by Anonymousreply 352December 13, 2019 1:12 AM

lock up Kyle Griffin? For what exactly? Or are you just cunting for the cunt in chief?

by Anonymousreply 353December 13, 2019 1:15 AM

There's no law that says the president has to debate anyway, and what do debates prove anyway? Trump did terribly at the 2016 debates, all he did was insult Hillary( when he wasn't stalking her across the stage) and lie about her record and he clearly lost the debates on the substance, and yet the fucker was STILL elected in the end!

Fuck debates.

by Anonymousreply 354December 13, 2019 1:20 AM

you are a loyal servant, r354.

by Anonymousreply 355December 13, 2019 1:22 AM

FCI or anyone connected to the Democratic party, what's going on? I just saw on Rachel Maddow that repubs are blitzing Facebook and the internet with anti-impeachment ads. Where are the Democratic ads? They should be countering that.

Bloomberg announced he's donating $10 million but surely there are plenty of other super wealthy donors who could help out. We shouldn't let repubs win the online ad wars

by Anonymousreply 356December 13, 2019 1:29 AM

Not FCI, but can I take a wild guess? They are going to use their ads against every old whore in the honorable US Senate? I think the Democrats are finally getting smart about things. Fuck the doomed impeachment. Use your fire against all the old whores in the US Senate who have decided that everything, literally EVERYTHING, that Trump does is fine with them.

by Anonymousreply 357December 13, 2019 1:33 AM

Anyone who pays attention to an ad on Facebook is already too far gone. It's a waste of money

by Anonymousreply 358December 13, 2019 1:34 AM

Every Republican Senator is actually on Trial. It ain't just Trump. Every single old bitch in the Senate is on trial. Do you care? Do you want this country to be a dictatorship where the President gets to do whatever he wants? That is the question, gentle cunts of the Senate-Jury.

Come on, Dems, you can play this so well.

by Anonymousreply 359December 13, 2019 1:37 AM

R358 I agree but it's important for public opinion. A lot of people are lazy and only now know Trump is possibly being impeached but not all the details. A simple anti-impeachment ad could influence them. A pro-impeachment ad could influence them as well.

I agree it's pathetic and people should be more invested in the news but the reality is at least half of the eligible voters don't vote. Who knows how many of those watch news.

by Anonymousreply 360December 13, 2019 1:39 AM

oh, people are assholes r360. don't let it get to you. what we need is to remind them that the Trumps and everyone around the Trumps are even bigger assholes than they are. And that should be easy.

by Anonymousreply 361December 13, 2019 1:43 AM

Less Lisa Simpson, more LBJ.

by Anonymousreply 362December 13, 2019 1:44 AM

[quote] R354: There's no law that says the president has to debate anyway, and what do debates prove anyway?

I used to think that but changed my mind. There is no law, but I think it’s useful.

There is the question of stamina. That is important during a crisis. I was a nobody IT guy, but even I had to work round the clock a few times. It happens. Trump completely lost-it immediately after the Reagan Library debate. It was too hot, and he was on his feet for 3 hours, too long. He negotiated subsequent 2-hour debates thereafter, which he crowed about as if it were an accomplishment. It should have been exposed as a disqualified.

There is also the ability to think on your feet. Hillary maintained her composure when Trump paraded-in the strumpets who accused her husband of sexual abuse or worse. She should have gotten more credit for that than she did.

There is the unexpected.

There is the benefit that so many watch the same thing. That may have benefit, for people to discuss and debate afterward.

It is a shame that the “winner” is often declared to be whomever has the sitcom-type smackdown, rather than a well throughout answer to a complicated question. I think the newsreaders are at fault for encouraging that.

by Anonymousreply 363December 13, 2019 1:47 AM

in fairness, Trump proved he didn't have any of that, not by a long shot, he sucked in every way it is possible to suck in a debate, and the assholes loved him more for it. So, I'm not so sure of the value of debates r363

by Anonymousreply 364December 13, 2019 1:49 AM

I listened to today's hearings, and have listened to most of the earlier hearings as well. I believe that democratic institutions are superior and worth fighting for, but it appears that Republicans are so threatened by the demographic changes in America that they are willing to cheat to win or even worse, conspire with our enemies to ensure they stay in power. And for what? So they can hang on to the idea that the straight white man is in charge?

The current state of our nation is the worst I have ever seen in my lifetime, and I fear we are at risk of losing our freedoms and all the progress we have achieved as a people.

by Anonymousreply 365December 13, 2019 1:52 AM

I think part of the problem is that, when the Constitution was written, politics was more of a form of entertainment than it is today. You’d go to the coffee shop, and someone would read the paper. (Newspapers were too expensive for everyone to buy one regularly.) I imagine Fox had its own coffee shop. There was not a lot of other entertainment, is my understanding.

Today, there is so much competition for attention, that many people just aren’t paying attention to politics.

by Anonymousreply 366December 13, 2019 1:52 AM

really, you think that politics has become LESS of an entertainment. You think that what we have been doing the last few years is serious and sober? Really?

by Anonymousreply 367December 13, 2019 1:53 AM

Are you sure you are not just some cunt from Russia? Are you sure? Is that what you are sure about?

by Anonymousreply 368December 13, 2019 1:55 AM

seriously, does everyone remember when cunts in politics were not the norm? cause it's been a while. This is cunt central lately. Every cunt is gathering around to cunt their cuntitude and make the cunt Trump the re-elected president of this cuntocracy. let's put a stop to that, kids, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 369December 13, 2019 1:58 AM

It's hilarious listening the Rethugs whine about fairness, laws, and rules, as if they actually believe in them. Their Orange Lord certainly doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 370December 13, 2019 2:05 AM

sadly the voters have to understand that, r370, and in general the voters don't understand shit. sad.

by Anonymousreply 371December 13, 2019 2:07 AM

Here's a thought on the tax/financials case pending at the SCOTUS. If they decline to hear his case, the documents get handed over. If they agree to hear his case, they will be hearing it right before the election. The October Surprise of 2020. Will it make a difference?

Polls in WI show Biden is the only Dem beating him, despite the impeachment proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 372December 13, 2019 2:12 AM

r362 Exactly. Too many Lisas and no LBJs that I can see. Schiff and Pelosi are Lisas. I'm starting to get nervous.

by Anonymousreply 373December 13, 2019 2:16 AM

I was watching the Impeachment hearings last night on Cspan2...I had it on in the background while I did other things. Afterward they had the segment where people call in with their opinions. FFS...there are a lot of brainwashed, and IGNORANT people out there. Its embarrassing and saddening at the same time. People dont realize that the dumbing down of America has always been a GOP objective that they actively worked on for decades.

by Anonymousreply 374December 13, 2019 2:26 AM

NYT:

Will Trump Debate a Democrat in 2020? He’s Not So Sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375December 13, 2019 2:35 AM

Examiner:

'This is a coup attempt': Giuliani says he believes in 'deep state'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376December 13, 2019 2:36 AM

R376 Projection at its finest

by Anonymousreply 377December 13, 2019 2:43 AM

Trump has never missed a chance to be on TV.... of course he could boycott the debates and just do a long interview with Hannity on Faux.

by Anonymousreply 378December 13, 2019 2:46 AM

This was such a fine moment.....

For Gaetz to raise Hunter Biden's substance abuse is 'the pot calling the kettle black,' Johnson says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379December 13, 2019 2:47 AM

Gaetz, incredibly, seemed surprised that anyone would call him out, R379.

by Anonymousreply 380December 13, 2019 2:50 AM

Gaetz is one of the most vile of all the despicable Rethug fuckers. He has a face custom made for punching.

by Anonymousreply 381December 13, 2019 2:54 AM

I wish more Dems would call the rethugs out on their hypocrisy. Gym Jordan is another one who needs his shit thrown back at him.

by Anonymousreply 382December 13, 2019 2:56 AM

Washington Post:

Name-calling, insults and scandals dominate all-day impeachment hearing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 13, 2019 2:59 AM

Watching the Republicans defend this with zest and vigor is horrifying.

I'm skeptical of the polls suddenly showing him only losing to Biden in key states. I do think the Dem field is in a bit of a ebb right now but his approval is so low I find it hard to believe anybody wants four more years of Pres Bone Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 384December 13, 2019 3:00 AM

I want Hakeem Jeffries deep inside me...

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 385December 13, 2019 3:03 AM

When Trump told Zelensky, "Do us a favor..." he was talking about himself and Rudy Giuliani- not USA. Because what he was asking for is not U.S. foreign policy.

If all the perps (Bolton, Mulvaney, Perry, Pence, Pompeo, Giuliani, etc.) had been interrogated... if the documents would be provided... this would be a whole different ballgame. Obstruction is the strongest article.

by Anonymousreply 386December 13, 2019 3:05 AM

Gaetz is a nasty little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 387December 13, 2019 3:08 AM

I know they were spending money in the districts and against the House members, Democratic House members in swing districts. Red Districts. Parscale wanted to try to peel away some Dem House members and scare them into voting against impeachment. They're also trying to hold the Senate.

The Dems are broke compared to the $$$$ Warchest the Republicans have. I agree. We have fucking billionaires who ought to be pouring money into the effort to remove him. Even if they know it won't happen they need to be able to affect public opinion. It's a shame we a re so broke. Mark Cuban, Warren Buffet, Bloomberg, Steyer, George Soros, Spielberg, Lucas, Jay Z, De Niro, the Hollywood crowd and the music industry ought to be able to do something. Because it isn't just about Impeaching and removing Trump. it's about how we take advantage. Advertising does have an impact and we know that Zuckerberg isn't going to help. Bill Gates certainly could.

by Anonymousreply 388December 13, 2019 3:17 AM

Lol Nads just ended this with no warning bc it’s past his bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 389December 13, 2019 3:24 AM

It might be better for the long term, if impeachment fails. I’m ambivalent. If it succeeds, we still get President Pence. If it fails, we air much of Trump’s misdeeds (the Senate is yet to come, remember). We get the Deplorable Senators on the record as supporting a traitor. And we get a really failed Republican candidate in 2020. So, it’s a crap shoot. I think it’s win-win either way. God help us if he wins again, though.

by Anonymousreply 390December 13, 2019 3:24 AM

can someone explain Nadler calling it quits tonight?

I know the repubs are putting on theatrics acting as if it's an outrage but

is there a point of finishing it tomorrow rather than tonight?

by Anonymousreply 391December 13, 2019 3:25 AM

Hes calling for the vote early tomorrow...that kills all the GOP attempts to continue to grandstand and stall...and thats what all the amendments being debated today were...stall tactics and theater

by Anonymousreply 392December 13, 2019 3:34 AM

R391, One politician, an hour ago, noted that he’s hearing nothing new and asked his colleagues to stop talking if they had nothing new. Maybe Nader felt the same. It has been ~15 hours or so already.

Some of these guys just want a video of them saying something they can show back home, even if it’s been said a dozen times before today.

by Anonymousreply 393December 13, 2019 3:37 AM

Trump has already impeached himself. The quid pro quo- and how he has reacted to it since- is very telling about what he's made of. Anyone who has confidence that he knows what he's doing now is either dimwitted or has an 'agenda'. Just fail after fail: N. Korea; Jinah; Russia; Syria; Turkey; The Wall; infrastructure improvements; Trumpcare; bringing jobs back to the U.S.; the endless, embarrassing tweets; the constant personnel changes..... And still claiming credit for the Obama recovery that started years ago.

Not every Trump voters is an ignorant, bigoted, Christian Supremacist redneck.

by Anonymousreply 394December 13, 2019 3:39 AM

I just think for optics Nadler or someone on the Democratic side should have gotten in front of the cameras to say why they're waiting until tomorrow morning instead of letting the repubs get a temporary chance to play the victim and cry foul at the process. It will be forgotten tomorrow but the point is stop giving them ANY chance to claim the narrative

by Anonymousreply 395December 13, 2019 3:50 AM

I just think for optics Nadler or someone on the Democratic side should have gotten in front of the cameras to say why they're waiting until tomorrow morning instead of letting the repubs get a temporary chance to play the victim and cry foul at the process. It will be forgotten tomorrow but the point is stop giving them ANY chance to claim the narrative

by Anonymousreply 396December 13, 2019 3:50 AM

The Dem controlled House has been passing a lot of great bills. Yes, they go die in the Senate but that is squarely on them.

by Anonymousreply 397December 13, 2019 3:53 AM

What does it matter at this point...Trump will be Impeached and the Senate will not convict. McConnell said so straight out in the open tonight. Barring some miracle defection by the GOP, the fix is in. May God have mercy on us.

by Anonymousreply 398December 13, 2019 3:54 AM

Taking the vote in the light of day is something the Republicans did not expect.

It is beautiful.

And they will be polled.

by Anonymousreply 399December 13, 2019 3:54 AM

Trump will so regret to blow off the debates since the media will very likely turn on him due to the loss of TV rating opportunities. That could be his "Hillary did not campaign in those flyover states that mattered in the end!" so called fuck-up in the upcoming election.

by Anonymousreply 400December 13, 2019 4:06 AM

if Trump doesn't participate in the debates it would give his opponent the chance to say he's scared to face him/her. It would not be a good look to the independents

by Anonymousreply 401December 13, 2019 4:10 AM

Republicans are the biggest snowflakes of all it seems. Bo, ho, you have to come back in the morning after purposely dragging out the vote for 12 hours. Oh, you have something better to do? Really? Like what your just for men hair?

by Anonymousreply 402December 13, 2019 4:11 AM

I listened to the live hearings going to work, and then driving home. It was the same repigs repeating the same lies over and over. Glad Nadler finally gaveled their grandstanding.

by Anonymousreply 403December 13, 2019 4:13 AM

it really was fascinating to see repubs just stick to their lies right after a Democrat laid out the facts. This happened over and over again

what do you do when 1 party won't even admit to facts that are inconvenient to their side?

by Anonymousreply 404December 13, 2019 4:19 AM

NAncy really didn't want Nadler but she had to go with him. There was no reason to remove him and he really wanted it. He's chair of Judiciary no getting around it. But She did at least have the benefit of Schiff's competency .

by Anonymousreply 405December 13, 2019 4:22 AM

Nadler is OK. Schiff set a very high bar

by Anonymousreply 406December 13, 2019 4:24 AM

Trump actually broke is Tweet record today over 112 during the impeachment broadcast. Doesn't this guy have a job to do?

by Anonymousreply 407December 13, 2019 4:33 AM

R407 he can multitask sitting on the toilet tweeting 1 hand while munching on fast food with the other

by Anonymousreply 408December 13, 2019 4:59 AM

I truly don't understand something, and I'd really appreciate it if someone would explain it to me. Why are we watching all these hearings to determine Trump's guilt? Everybody knows he's guilty!! The question shouldn't be whether or not he did it - (and is still doing it and will continue no matter what).... the question is, does it matter? (Of course it does). But for these Republicunts to act like there's a question of Trump's culpability - when they damn well know he was culpable. They're just gonna later so, "well, so what. We're still not gonna remove him".

I think what I am so inartfully trying to acticulate is: it should be the actual crime they debate. and the consequences that should be paid if that crime was indeed committed. Because it's really what this is all about anyway.

by Anonymousreply 409December 13, 2019 5:01 AM

R409, I’m watching because I want to see how it unfolds. Like watching a movie when I know how it ends, to enjoy how the story is told.

As for the Republicans, they’re just trying to distract and give the idiots in the cult some straws to grasp.

by Anonymousreply 410December 13, 2019 5:05 AM

what have Doug Jones and Joe Manchin said about impeachment so far? I hope they stick with Democrats but who knows. Manchin betrayed us with Kavannaugh last year

by Anonymousreply 411December 13, 2019 5:12 AM

I want Jerry to open with THE POLLING. Not the motion to poll.

by Anonymousreply 412December 13, 2019 5:13 AM

[quote] Why are we watching all these hearings to determine Trump's guilt? Everybody knows he's guilty!!

It's always nice to receive confirmation (aka validation) from an official source. Like when idle gossip becomes legitmized by being reported as fact by a legit media outlet.

[quote] I think what I am so inartfully trying to acticulate is: it should be the actual crime they debate.

Well, duh. The Republicans can't allow that, because they know Trump is guilty and should be impeached in the House AND convicted in the Senate, but they prefer to save their own asses and therefore do their best to shift the narrative away from Trump's obvious guilt and make it about something non-related like Joe Biden to give them a bogus reason to weasel their way out of conviction in the Senate and selling it to their own conservative demographic. The conservative demographic doesn't mind the narrative shift. They approve, because they hate the Liberals more than criminal, crooked, embarrassing Trump.

by Anonymousreply 413December 13, 2019 5:14 AM

R413 " The conservative demographic doesn't mind the narrative shift. They approve, because they hate the Liberals more than criminal, crooked, embarrassing Trump."

So the Conservatives would side with Russia over their own Democratic neighbors, is that what you're saying? And Putin has exploited this to prove that, inevitably, Democracies don't work. So does that mean Putin is correct? I mean, look what's happening here...

Sorry guys, I am just so depressed from watching this shit tonight.

by Anonymousreply 414December 13, 2019 5:19 AM

[quote] So the Conservatives would side with Russia over their own Democratic neighbors, is that what you're saying?

Pundits like Tucker Carlson give them a permission slip for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415December 13, 2019 7:03 AM

[quote] So the Conservatives would side with Russia over their own Democratic neighbors, is that what you're saying?

They've been conditioned (aka brainwashed) that way by media outlets like FOX News, Drudge Report, Breitbart, Sinclair Radio, Media Inc., etc. for a very long time. Also interest groups like the NRA and right wing religious groups did their part to create a hostile, racist, anti intellectual, anti healthcare for all, anti union, anti minority, anti women, anti Muslim, anti gay / LGBTQ, and anti Liberal enviroment in the US.

by Anonymousreply 416December 13, 2019 7:12 AM

[quote]what have Doug Jones and Joe Manchin said about impeachment so far?

Manchin told CNN Wednesday that he's "very much torn" on voting to convict Trump in a Senate impeachment trial.

Meanwhile, former Mass. Gov. Bill Weld (R) said Thursday that as many as a half-dozen GOP senators are privately in favor of voting to convict President Trump at a likely impeachment trial.

They won't actually vote him out, of course, but they're "very concerned."

by Anonymousreply 417December 13, 2019 10:48 AM

If Trump was voted out, it would be devastating to his ego. How would a narcissist handle it?

by Anonymousreply 418December 13, 2019 11:46 AM

Once Trump is officially impeached, the poll numbers of those in favor of replacing him will go up, because people who haven't been paying attention will assume that where there's smoke, there's fire. There will be even greater pressure on the Senate then there is now.

Once the trial is broadcast live, more people will actually pay attention and it's going to go very badly for Trump. He has no defense on the substance. And if Trump doesn't testify, it gives Republican Senators the cover to vote him out - Trump didn't defend himself, so they had no choice but to find him guilty. Once Trump is out, the Republican Senators can cloak themselves as being "law and order" Republicans - Trump got caught, so he had to face the consequences of his own actions - and then they can hurriedly distract their audience by pointing out their support for President Pence,

by Anonymousreply 419December 13, 2019 12:03 PM

Would love to see that R419 but not going to happen. We are way past common sens and open mind to facts. Deporoables and Repugs have not changed their mind about Trump in 3 years. They have all just dug in deeper. Faux News is on maximum propaganda mode right now openly embracing Russia over Democrats their own countryman.

The only way it could go south is if Trump cant control himself and dose something to blow up the Repugs secret plans. I am sure by now they are prepared for that too. IF he insists on bringing Bidens son in for example.

by Anonymousreply 420December 13, 2019 12:17 PM

Sadly, Boris Johnson's landslide victory in the UK is not good news for the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 421December 13, 2019 12:22 PM

The repigs are also very very concerned. After spending god knows how much investigating HER EMAILS, they're so worried that this entire impeachment thing has been a big waste of time and taxpayer money.

by Anonymousreply 422December 13, 2019 12:23 PM

[quote]Sadly, Boris Johnson's landslide victory in the UK is not good news for the Democrats.

Who the fuck keeps typing this shit over and over?

Comparing Brexit to the 2020 election is like apples and oranges.

by Anonymousreply 423December 13, 2019 12:25 PM

Boris Johnson's landslide is good for Scotland and the SNP.

Hello, England 1707...

by Anonymousreply 424December 13, 2019 12:28 PM

r415:

This prompted the Fox News star, who has been a loud and frequent critic of the Russia investigation, to then ask why “Vladimir Putin is so bad.”

“What makes Vladimir Putin worse than, I don't know, a whole long list of American allies?” Carlson wondered aloud before presenting the leaders of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates as examples of people worse than Putin.

“They couldn't answer that,” he added. “For Chuck Todd and the rest of the dummies, Vladimir Putin isn't a real person with actual ideas and priorities and a country and beliefs.”

Calling Putin a “living metaphor” and “boogeyman” for MSNBC, he then sided with the Russian autocrat over members of the free press.

“The irony, of course, is that Putin, for all his faults, does not hate America as much as many of these people do,” Carlson exclaimed. “They really dislike our country. And they call other people traitors?”

Moments later, in an interview with pro-Trump Congressman Jim Jordan, the Fox star then made a comment that went even further than his previous claim that he was “rooting” for Russia over an American ally.

“I should say for the record that I’m totally opposed to these sanctions and I don’t think we should be at war with Russia,” Carlson said. “We should probably take the side of Russia if we have to choose between Russia and Ukraine. That's my view.”

by Anonymousreply 425December 13, 2019 12:56 PM

HuffPost:

Adam Schiff Rips Donald Trump's Republicans Defenders: Their Most Shameful Hour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426December 13, 2019 1:13 PM

There's a thread on this, here's the link...

Fox News host Mark Levin on Thursday demanded the Democratic Party be “slammed down” and “slammed down now” in an off-the-rails rant about the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump over the Ukraine scandal.

“The next Democrat president of the United States must be impeached,” Levin declared on Thursday’s broadcast of “Hannity” ― before Democrats had even selected their presidential nominee to take on Trump in 2020. House Democrats unveiled two articles of impeachment against Trump on Tuesday.

“Not to get even,” Levin claimed. “Not because we are at their low level, because the Republicans can’t live under one Constitution when the Democrats live under another Constitution and it’s the only way we’re going to stop them.”

Levin, who in October claimed Trump had not had a “hint of scandal” during his time in office, said “one party can’t be allowed to abuse the Constitution, yet wave it around, while the other party sits there and takes it.”

“The Democrat Party must be slammed down,” he added. “The next Democrat president, if they vote for impeachment against Donald Trump, must be impeached.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427December 13, 2019 1:20 PM

Schiff should know by now that rethugs are beyond feeling shame. They only care about party and power, not people, and certainly not the Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 428December 13, 2019 1:26 PM

Case in point, r428.....

Mitch McConnell Says There’s ‘No Chance’ Trump Will Be Removed From Office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429December 13, 2019 1:29 PM

NBC:

WH counsel Cipollone expected to defend Trump in Senate impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430December 13, 2019 1:30 PM

NYT: Impeachment Highlights: Judiciary Committee Finished Debate and Recessed for Vote Friday Morning

The committee rejected all of the Republican amendments. Here are the ones the committee debated.

Republicans made five attempts to derail or water down the articles of impeachment with amendments.

All of them were rejected on a party-line vote, failing 17 to 23:

1) Representative Jim Jordan, Republican of Ohio, offered an amendment to strike Article I, which accuses Mr. Trump of abuse of power because, he said, “Article I ignores the truth.”

2) Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, offered a proposal meant to justify the president’s conduct and cast aspersions on Hunter Biden , the son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. Debate over the amendment turned bitterly personal.

3) Representative Andy Biggs, Republican of Arizona, proposed edits to the articles, which assert that Mr. Trump withheld Ukraine security aid because of lawful concerns about corruption in that country , not for corrupt personal purposes.

4) Representative Guy Reschenthaler, Republican of Pennsylvania, proposed eliminating the obstruction of Congress article, arguing Democrats had not been fair to the president.

5) Mr. Jordan proposed eliminating the conclusion that Mr. Trump should be impeached

The debate turned ugly as Gaetz tried to shift the focus to Hunter Biden.

The debate turned bitterly personal after Mr. Gaetz offered a proposal meant to justify President Trump’s conduct and cast aspersions on Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Mr. Gaetz sought to remove the reference to the elder Mr. Biden, and the description of him as “a political opponent,” from the article charging Mr. Trump with abuse of power for pressing Ukraine for investigations. Instead, he proposed inserting the phrase “a well-known corrupt company, Burisma, and its corrupt hiring of Hunter Biden.”

The proposal was an attempt to argue that Mr. Trump was acting out of a concern for corruption, not political self-interest, when he asked President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. The president and his Republican allies have maintained that it was inappropriate for Hunter Biden, who had no experience on energy issues, to serve on the board of Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company, and accused the former vice president of trying to protect his son and the company from being investigated for corruption.

In arguing in favor of his proposal, Mr. Gaetz read into the Congressional Record a graphic news article describing the younger Mr. Biden’s substance abuse, including cocaine.

“I don’t want to make light of anybody’s substance abuse issues,” Mr. Gaetz said, adding that “it’s a little hard to believe that Burisma hired Hunter Biden to resolve their international disputes when he could not resolve his own dispute with Hertz rental car over leaving cocaine and a crack pipe in the car.”

Democrats quickly, if obliquely, cried hypocrisy, making veiled references to Mr. Gaetz’s past arrest for driving under the influence.

“The pot calling the kettle black is not something we should do,” Representative Hank Johnson, Democrat of Georgia, shot back, looking toward the Republican side of the dais. Nervous laughter filled the hearing room.

“I don’t know what members, if any, have had any problems with substance abuse, been busted in D.U.I.,” Mr. Johnson continued. “I don’t know, but if I did, I wouldn’t raise it against anyone on this committee. I don’t think it’s proper.”

The amendment failed on a party-line vote after more than two-and-a-half hours of debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431December 13, 2019 1:35 PM

Nobody deserved that slap back more than that hypocritical, ugly POS Gaetz.

by Anonymousreply 432December 13, 2019 1:37 PM

USA Today:

Analysis: An abrupt ending that inspired GOP fury and other takeaways from Thursday's marathon impeachment debate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433December 13, 2019 1:41 PM

AP:

House committee passes articles of impeachment against Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434December 13, 2019 2:17 PM

NBC:

In unrelenting tweetstorm, Trump praises GOP anti-impeachment 'warriors,' hits Pelosi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435December 13, 2019 2:24 PM

What is it going to take for Republicans to work for the COUNTRY and stop working for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 436December 13, 2019 2:37 PM

I haven't a clue.

by Anonymousreply 437December 13, 2019 2:39 PM

Philadelphia Inquirer:

Trump administration proposes Social Security rule changes that could cut off thousands of disabled recipients

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438December 13, 2019 2:43 PM

Trump uses every excuse to be cruel.

by Anonymousreply 439December 13, 2019 5:00 PM

[quote]Trump uses every excuse to be cruel.

That's why we love him! And he would never cut OUR Social Security!

by Anonymousreply 440December 13, 2019 5:56 PM

[quote]Once the trial is broadcast live, more people will actually pay attention and it's going to go very badly for Trump.

The Senate majority party sets the rules for the trial. So far they've been talking about not allowing witnesses. Any witnesses at all. I could easily see them also making a rule that the trial will not be broadcast but the vote will to make sure the public doesn't see the trial but that Repugs still feel the pressure of a public vote.

by Anonymousreply 441December 13, 2019 6:38 PM

R427 can we give the trumpers the upper plains states or the deep south and send them off to have their own nation? Then they can have their own made up constitution to use on themselves?

They are fucking DELUSIONAL!

by Anonymousreply 442December 13, 2019 6:39 PM

R441 maybe the SENATE MAJORITY gop’ers will want to hold the impeachment trial in the dark on mute too!

by Anonymousreply 443December 13, 2019 6:41 PM

Since it's unlikely that the Senate will convict, my guess is that Manchin and Jones will vote with the GOP to save their seats.

by Anonymousreply 444December 13, 2019 7:28 PM

I don't think Manchin is running again. Doug Jones is toast either way unless he gets Roy Moore as his opponent.

by Anonymousreply 445December 13, 2019 7:39 PM

Manchin and Jones must know it will look bad for Democrats if they cross over. It would be beyond selfish to do so but I realize all politicians care about their own asses first

by Anonymousreply 446December 13, 2019 7:43 PM

Manchin is running again, R445. He did consider retirement earlier this year, but decided against it. You can be sure that any Republican candidate for his seat would be much worse than him.

I'm not counting Doug Jones out just yet, even if Moore isn't the opponent. But he's got a tough road. Personally, I don't think his voting for removal will make any difference as the people who would appreciate his vote will still go for the GOP candidate anyway. Jones will only win if suburban women and POC get out and vote like never before.

by Anonymousreply 447December 13, 2019 8:40 PM

Sorry, meant to say "I don't think his voting AGAINST removal..."

by Anonymousreply 448December 13, 2019 8:41 PM

[quote]The Supreme Court said on Friday that it will hear three cases over President Donald Trump’s financial records next year, and scheduled arguments for its March session.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449December 13, 2019 9:03 PM

^^^^^^^

Fine. Bring it on Supremes. I am sick of this goddamn shit and fuckery. There is an enough popcorn in the world to consume with this upcoming circus.

by Anonymousreply 450December 13, 2019 9:46 PM

I heard, r449, to expect a SCOTUS ruling about July. I guess that would be enough time to examine and expose any fuckery before the election.

by Anonymousreply 451December 13, 2019 9:50 PM

I think Susan Collins might vote to impeach. She's in a blue state and will be in deep shit if she doesn't

by Anonymousreply 452December 13, 2019 9:53 PM

Cue the Collins' concern machine...

by Anonymousreply 453December 13, 2019 9:55 PM

Plus, Susan Collins is too old to think she wants or needs a second career as a Republican lobbyist, so she may be freer to vote as she pleases.

by Anonymousreply 454December 13, 2019 10:03 PM

Given the fervor with which Republicans are working to defend the indefensible, it's hard to believe they'll do anything other than vote in lock-step to keep Trump in office.

by Anonymousreply 455December 13, 2019 10:34 PM

I agree, R455.

I don't think Susan Collins will vote for impeachment.

I was looking at the Maine numbers earlier today, and although her approval ratings have taken a big hit this year, she still has a core block of support. So she probably feels she still has enough room to vote to acquit Trump. It might cost Trump the electoral vote he won in Maine in 2016, but Collins herself may still survive in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 456December 13, 2019 10:40 PM

it's really maddening how the system is protecting Trump. A couple weeks ago legal experts were saying they didn't expect the Supreme Court to take Trump's case yet they have done so.

It wouldn't surprise me if they vote 5-4 that he doesn't have to turn over his financial records and the fat fuck orange turd baby stays shielded.

by Anonymousreply 457December 13, 2019 10:55 PM

I think a lot of the Republican defense is bluffing. If they were really confident, they would be calmer.

by Anonymousreply 458December 13, 2019 11:05 PM

that is interesting PollTroll. Nate Silver also seems to believe no Republican will vote to impeach, none at all. That is pretty sad. Absolutely every one will be a complete whore for Trump.

I wonder if it would be effective for every Democrat to stop using the term Republican Party and just start using Trump Cult every time.

by Anonymousreply 459December 13, 2019 11:35 PM

No r459...they need to be more direct...refer to them as TRAITORS to the United States of America and its Constitution. They must be called out for what they are. We can no longer placate them. We can no longer give them the benefit of the doubt. They are actively participating in a conspiracy to commit crimes against the US by aiding and abetting Trump AND RUSSIA. Unless we start saying it out loud, it will go unnoticed they will succeed.

by Anonymousreply 460December 13, 2019 11:44 PM

Apparently Lev Parnas received a million dollars from Russia, so the Russians have been subsidizing Lev and Rudy's work on behalf of Trump in the Ukraine. There is no bottom to this. And every Republican Senator who votes to keep Trump is signing up for this.

by Anonymousreply 461December 13, 2019 11:54 PM

and they simply don't give a damn r461. Not one. Not a single Republican Senator gives a damn that they are supporting treason.

by Anonymousreply 462December 13, 2019 11:57 PM

Democrats need to shame McConnell, if even possible, c over collaboration and coordination with Trump and his lawyers per methodology in setting-up the trial in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 463December 14, 2019 12:04 AM

I read that Biden's ad showing world leaders laughing at Trump is airing in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids. Anyone seen it on TV or know what the reaction has been?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464December 14, 2019 12:11 AM

The State of the Union is supposed to occur after this farce of a trial concludes. Nancy should cancel the Orange Cheatolini. It would fry his fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 465December 14, 2019 12:11 AM

From long-time poster irasdad on Talking Points Memo:

[quote] On Thursday morning, Trump mockingly suggested that Greta Thunberg “go to a good old fashioned movie.”

[quote] I recommend “All The President’s Men”. It has a happy ending.

Brilliant!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 466December 14, 2019 12:31 AM

I hate how it always seems like the Democrats are on the back foot and have to be careful while repubs always come out swinging assuming that they have the public behind them.

I want Democrats to be more aggressive and demonstrative next week when they vote for impeachment. I'm not saying to lie and scream but they can't let repubs get all the "tv moments." It shouldn't be this way but in today's world, viral moments are influential. I want the repubs to end up looking like the enabling corrupt pieces of shit that they are

by Anonymousreply 467December 14, 2019 12:55 AM

Agree, R467. As someone said upthread, Dems should be more LBJ and less Lisa Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 468December 14, 2019 1:02 AM

agreed r467. I know there are rules, and decorum, and that's not entirely a bad thing, but there are certainly ways to convey contempt and disgust for Trump, for McConnell, for every Republican who is going to vote to acquit, for all of this charade that Republicans actually care about the Constitution or Justice or this country or anything else. Democrats should convey that constantly, throughout this whole farce. And go before the cameras each night to confirm that, yes, they think the Republican Party is a party of traitors and that the media is too chickenshit to do its job and will maintain this illusion that there is some "disagreement" when everyone knows there is no actual disagreement. Just whores and cult members on one side, and people who care about the Constitution on the other.

by Anonymousreply 469December 14, 2019 1:03 AM

R469 yeah Democrats need to get out there and fight to control the narrative. The repubs screaming every 5 seconds "this is all a sham!" needs to be countered continuously with "the repubs are engaging in a cover up!" because that's what's going on. The casual and reluctant news viewers need to know that Trump has ordered no one to testify so that's why none of the big names have done so and that he won't turn over documents. They need to be constantly made aware that Giuliani just came back from Ukraine and Trump already spoke to him about it and so on. The Democrats need to say out loud the repubs are LYING and ACTING for the cameras to defend Trump.

by Anonymousreply 470December 14, 2019 1:17 AM

I know there are rules, and decorum, and that's not entirely a bad thing, but there are certainly ways to convey contempt and disgust for Trump

I think the dems are in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't situation"; if they react strongly, the repugs will howl about how you hate the president & want to overturn the will of the electorate. If you act dispassionate about it - just doing my my job ma'am - it makes it seem less personal & more about an individual who broke the rules. Who knows what will work, but I don't think it's wrong to make it clear that this was less about the dems going after Trump and more about Trump bringing all this on himself.

I was a bit surprised that Bitch openly admitted to holding a show trial - I mean, I know that was his intention all along, but I figured it would be like the Kavanaugh hearing & they'd make the pretense of being serious while knowing how they'd ultimately vote. To be sure, Susan Collins & all the others will fall into lockstep, which is not surprising. As far as the supreme court is concerned, I wouldn't be so quick to count them out. Kavanaugh & the other one are clearly a joke, but I think Roberts (unlike that fat hack Barr) cares about his legacy & credibility enough that he won't want to be viewed as a rubber stamp for the repubs.

Whatever the case, it's a depressing & sickening spectacle & if this doesn't inspire the apathetic, the bored, the indifferent and the disheartened to get out & vote, I do not know what will...

by Anonymousreply 471December 14, 2019 1:23 AM

'What does it matter at this point...Trump will be Impeached and the Senate will not convict"

The answer is found in your question: Trump = Impeached

Everyone knows the Senate is corrupt and won't even listen to facts. McConnell says it's already been decided.

Again: in the minds of the world, Trump is impeached. A crook. A failure as a President.

by Anonymousreply 472December 14, 2019 1:24 AM

When the noun 'democrat' is used in place the adjective 'democratic', the speaker is revealing that they are RACIST. It is code. Pass it on.

by Anonymousreply 473December 14, 2019 1:26 AM

Maybe Nancy should tell Mitch in private, that if Trump is re-elected, the Dems will use their new Senate majority to impeach him in his second term. Both Trump and Pence. They should vote to oust him now, or they are guaranteed of losing him and the Presidency in the second term.

by Anonymousreply 474December 14, 2019 1:38 AM

As if McTurtle is worried about losing the Senate. He knows how they're going to cheat to keep it and who is going to help them.

by Anonymousreply 475December 14, 2019 1:43 AM

Honestly surprised that the repigs haven't tried appointing Gym Jordan to the Senate so that America can be treated to more him him screaming for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 476December 14, 2019 2:20 AM

He wanted Speaker of the House if the GOP had won the last election...could you imagine what a fucked up shitshow that would have been ?

by Anonymousreply 477December 14, 2019 2:53 AM

so glad we went with Nancy Pelosi. There was a brief flurry of let's pick some stupid asshole for reasons, but thank god that shit was shut down in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 478December 14, 2019 3:03 AM

So the Republicans have already decided to vote to not impeach- even before hearing all the evidence. Talk about a kangaroo court. Can't they be held accountable for this dereliction of duty?

by Anonymousreply 479December 14, 2019 3:53 AM

not in reality r479. but in the court of public opinion, HELL FUCKING YES IF THE GODDAMN DEMOCRATS WOULD GET THEIR FUCKING ACT TOGETHER

by Anonymousreply 480December 14, 2019 3:55 AM

[quote]Again: in the minds of the world, Trump is impeached. A crook. A failure as a President.

Clinton was impeached and his popularity increased.

If the headlines continue to say that the economy is doing well and if there are no new wars (in other words "peace and prosperity") then many will see his presidency as a success.

by Anonymousreply 481December 14, 2019 4:24 AM

Clinton was impeached over a consensual blow job.

Trump is a criminal.

by Anonymousreply 482December 14, 2019 4:26 AM

lmfao Pam Bondi before taking up this defense of Trump gig resigned from a lobbying firm that paid Lev Parnas a lot of money for getting them some Turkish business. There's even a pic of Bondi and Parnas standing together smiling

WHY ARE ALL THESE FUCKING CROOKS SO CONNECTED?

by Anonymousreply 483December 14, 2019 4:44 AM

ABC:

McConnell to work in 'total coordination' with White House on impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484December 14, 2019 5:00 AM

NYT:

Despite ‘Be Best’ Campaign, Melania Trump Stays Mum as Husband Mocks Greta Thunberg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485December 14, 2019 5:04 AM

NYT:

A Great Big Gift Not on Trump’s Disclosure Form: Giuliani’s Legal Advice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486December 14, 2019 5:07 AM

NYT:

The Breach Widens as Congress Nears a Partisan Impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487December 14, 2019 5:10 AM

Washington Post:

In election fraud case involving Giuliani associates, defense pushes for intelligence intercepts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488December 14, 2019 5:11 AM

[quote] Clinton was impeached and his popularity increased.

Yes, because the public felt that what Bill did was wrong, but not impeachable, and that the Repukes overplayed their hand.

This is entirely different. About 52 percent of the public sees and acknowledges that what this traitorous criminal did was very wrong, quite serious, and he should be removed from office for having done it. About 42 percent would defend this fucker No matter what he did or said, even if the crime was committed out in the open and it was captured in its entirety on tape.

by Anonymousreply 489December 14, 2019 5:47 AM

at this point I no longer care about the feelings of repubs. They demand that we accept and respect their chosen leader despite the fact that all he does is lie, bully, cheat, steal, slander and destroy. Not gonna happen. They no longer have any legit claim (not that they ever did but def not now) to moral or religious authority.

by Anonymousreply 490December 14, 2019 6:01 AM

[quote]then many will see his presidency as a success.

Not necessarily -- Trump is too polarizing and unpopular to bridge the divide. He's the only President in modern history to never get approval figures over 50% (except in Rasmussen).

by Anonymousreply 491December 14, 2019 6:27 AM

[quote]Democrats need to shame McConnell, if even possible

SPOILER ALERT: It's not possible.

by Anonymousreply 492December 14, 2019 10:24 AM

Someone somewhere must release his tax returns. He must be revealed as a con man-grifter on a daily basis. We must REPEAT this again and again. Repetition works. Ask DJT.

by Anonymousreply 493December 14, 2019 10:28 AM

The New York Times exposed his entire family as tax scofflaws earlier this year. Made not one whit of difference.

Not a single Trump supporter (or Repug lawmaker) will be swayed by information in his tax returns, not matter how damning ... none of us who want him gone will reconsider in the unlikely event his finances are above board.

by Anonymousreply 494December 14, 2019 10:35 AM

NBC:

Analysis: Trump faces fight or flight moment in Senate impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495December 14, 2019 2:08 PM

Washington Post:

Fact-based impeachment can’t penetrate the pro-Trump Web

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496December 14, 2019 2:11 PM

The Hill:

Democrats ask if they have reason to worry about UK result

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497December 14, 2019 2:18 PM

Daily Beast: Megyn Kelly Calls Out Former NBC Colleagues in New Interview

About midway through the interview, parts of which will be featured in next month’s two-part documentary America’s Great Divide: From Obama to Trump, the interviewer brings up how much of a ratings boon Trump was for cable news both before and after he was elected president. He cites CNN showing the “empty podium” before his rallies begin, but Kelly makes a point to include MSNBC as well.

And not just CNN, MSNBC, the morning show over there now hates Trump’s guts and every day they’re out there attacking him,” Kelly says, at first seeming as though she may leave names out of her attack. “But they were part of the reason he became the Republican nominee. Joe Scarborough and Mika [Brzezinski], they loved Trump, they promoted Trump every day.” She says she remembers watching it and thinking, “Wow, what is it about Trump that got them on board so early?”

Noting that Scarborough and Brzezinski would spend time with Trump socially at his Mar-a-Lago resort, Kelly adds, “Trump was very good at cultivating relationships. And trust me, he tried to cultivate a relationship with me too, but I was a journalist and I understood that I needed to keep him at arm’s length.”

The obvious implication is that the Morning Joe hosts were not acting as “journalists” when they cozied up to the candidate during the primary.

“He boosted their ratings, he boosted CNN’s ratings,” Kelly says, before going after the Today show for doing phone interviews with Trump on a regular basis. “It wasn’t just Fox & Friends,” she says. “The Today show was allowing a presidential candidate to do a phoner once a week. Because he rates. It’s mercenary.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498December 14, 2019 2:27 PM

[quote] I know there are rules, and decorum, and that's not entirely a bad thing, but there are certainly ways to convey contempt and disgust for Trump.

You mean like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499December 14, 2019 2:30 PM

[quote] I know there are rules, and decorum, and that's not entirely a bad thing, but there are certainly ways to convey contempt and disgust for Trump.

You mean like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500December 14, 2019 2:30 PM

Wanted to note, she was on the money with that, but she still gets to be good ol' Laura, with:

Much of the Frontline interview concerns Kelly’s “adversarial” relationship with Trump, stemming from their confrontation at the first GOP debate in the summer of 2015. But elsewhere, Kelly seems to go out of her way to defend Trump, especially in comparison to both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

“Look, Trump does not have an adult relationship with the truth,” she says at one point. But she categorizes Trump’s “lies” as “puffery about himself” whereas she views Obama’s “lie” about the Affordable Care Act—“If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”—as fundamentally more dangerous. “It’s as if he said, ‘You’re not going to get cancer’ and then they did!” she says.

by Anonymousreply 501December 14, 2019 2:36 PM

I'll be curious to see if the newspaper editorials supporting impeachment have any impact on poll numbers, particularly in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 502December 14, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote] “It’s as if he said, ‘You’re not going to get cancer’ and then they did!” she says.

WTF? Trump is then "You'll never going to find out of what you are dying from, because you can't afford to go to the doctor in the first place!".

by Anonymousreply 503December 14, 2019 2:41 PM

What she's saying, r503, is that it's the same thing if someone cuts in line ahead of you and the person behind you steals your wallet. She's saying they're the same thing. Let me see.....I come up to you and tell you that you have to change your doctor. Then I come up to you and tell you that you have cancer. Both those statements have equal impact in your life....to her. I think it's called blonde logic.

by Anonymousreply 504December 14, 2019 2:50 PM

r504, that bitch is either crazy or simply a right wing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 505December 14, 2019 2:53 PM

r504, that bitch is either crazy or simply a right wing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 506December 14, 2019 2:53 PM

why does it have to be either or?

by Anonymousreply 507December 14, 2019 2:57 PM

Miz Lindz needs your help!

Poll shows she has fallen to just two points ahead of her Democratic challenger in SC for the Senate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508December 14, 2019 3:22 PM

Miz Lindz needs your help!

Poll shows she has fallen to just two points ahead of her Democratic challenger in SC for the Senate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509December 14, 2019 3:23 PM

That guarantees she'll bring the crazy to nuclear levels in the Senate trial to give her the boost she needs to really her deplorable support

by Anonymousreply 510December 14, 2019 3:32 PM

Washington Post:

GOP sees a political edge in talking about impeachment. Democrats want to discuss anything else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511December 14, 2019 3:44 PM

I'm glad that Moscow Mitch McConnell is trending and being said on the air by some of the CNN and MSNBC hosts now. It's about time they stopped being polite and civil to a monster like McConnell and call him out for what he is.

by Anonymousreply 512December 14, 2019 4:47 PM

I dunno r502. If you still like Trump after 3 years of fuckery, you clearly like him for being the kind of corrupt asshole who would steal the 2020 election with whatever foreign help he can get. It's a cult. People do leave cults, but usually its a gut wrenching, horrific decision for them. Very few make that decision.

by Anonymousreply 513December 14, 2019 4:52 PM

There are some people who believe Trump benefits them. Convince these people that Trump does not benefit them and Trump is toast. Which, of course, is not an easy task with supporters like the Deplorables who are are brainwashed to put "sticking it to the Libs and mooching minority groups who take what's not theirs" above their own self interest and well being. Deplorables believe they are right the same way a drug addict believes he doesn't have a problem with drugs at all and it's the others who have the problem (with him having found a valid way to deal with this fucked up thing called life).

by Anonymousreply 514December 14, 2019 5:00 PM

[quote]The Hill: Democrats ask if they have reason to worry about UK result

The Hill is a right wing rag. It's the print equivalent to Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 515December 14, 2019 5:22 PM

R509 oh that would be pure gold if that smug liar got knocked out of office.

by Anonymousreply 516December 14, 2019 6:14 PM

Democrats need to Impeach Trump, hold on to the Articles of Impeachment and start Congressional investigations into McConnell and Madame Chao..

by Anonymousreply 517December 14, 2019 6:16 PM

Whoever keeps posting the endless links and headlines, could you please summarize the articles a bit, or paste excerpts?

by Anonymousreply 518December 14, 2019 6:20 PM

Yeah, I just don't buy any strategy based on winning back the Trumpistas. It's like winning over Scientologists. You can try, but 99 percent of the time you will fail.

We need to be talking to everybody else, which is actually still most of the country. If you give a fuck about the country, flush this turd, even if it takes 10 or 15 flushes. Which brings me to the link at r511. Democrats, shout this shit from the rafters: Trump is an Asshole. You know it! We know it! Every Asshole Republican in Congress Knows It! Do not be shy about this shit. He is a traitor and an overall asshole. The Republicans Do Not Care because they are exactly the same kind of treasonous asshole! Do not think we can soft pedal this shit. This is a time for Shouting. This is not a time for typical Democratic triangulation. That shit will not fly. Own This!

by Anonymousreply 519December 14, 2019 6:22 PM

Remember the Johnson ad (linked below) with the little girl and the nuclear explosion? We need THAT level of ad running on every network, hourly. Something powerful enough that will make people go, "Whoa, WTF?"

I'm partial to something like a video of Trump saying "God Damn" and then voiceover, "If you're a christian, can you support Trump?" Then him mocking the disabled person, "If you're disabled or konw someone who is disabled, can you support Trump?" Then him saying he grabs women by the pussy, "If you're a woman or have a daughter, can you support Trump?" That type of ad, I think makes it VERY personal, and makes it A) easy to sway those on the fence and B) won't move the racist misogynists that will support him anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520December 14, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote]There are some people who believe Trump benefits them. Convince these people that Trump does not benefit them and Trump is toast. Which, of course, is not an easy task with supporters like the Deplorables who are are brainwashed to put "sticking it to the Libs and mooching minority groups who take what's not theirs" above their own self interest and well being. Deplorables believe they are right the same way a drug addict believes he doesn't have a problem with drugs at all and it's the others who have the problem (with him having found a valid way to deal with this fucked up thing called life).

You've got to look beyond the "deplorables" meme if you want to understand the Trump phenomenon.

Dec 2nd, CNBC: "President Trump’s approval rating among business owners hits all-time high: Survey"

"Sixty percent of small business owners approve of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president"

A good portion of Trump supporters don't fit under what most think of as the "deplorables" mold.

by Anonymousreply 521December 14, 2019 6:37 PM

Yes, R515, in fact The Hill was exposed during the impeachment inquiry as publishing direct Russian propaganda about Ukraine. It's a toxic source.

by Anonymousreply 522December 14, 2019 6:40 PM

[quote]I'm partial to something like a video of Trump saying "God Damn" and then voiceover, "If you're a christian, can you support Trump?" Then him mocking the disabled person, "If you're disabled or konw someone who is disabled, can you support Trump?" Then him saying he grabs women by the pussy, "If you're a woman or have a daughter, can you support Trump?" That type of ad, I think makes it VERY personal, and makes it A) easy to sway those on the fence and B) won't move the racist misogynists that will support him anyway.

How very 2016.

People know all about Trumps bad behavior by know, but they're willing to turn a blind eye. No TV ad is going to change that. Too late.

by Anonymousreply 523December 14, 2019 6:43 PM

*by now

by Anonymousreply 524December 14, 2019 6:43 PM

I fight right-wing trailer trash on The Hill every day, the commenters there are surprisingly Democratic, maybe 3/4.

by Anonymousreply 525December 14, 2019 7:04 PM

R523 Those are the one's that will support him no matter what. Maybe convince the others to stay home instead of voting - that's what we aim for.

by Anonymousreply 526December 14, 2019 8:11 PM

The Democrats need to simplify the message. There is a criminal in the White House and Republicans are enabling him. That's pretty easy to understand.

by Anonymousreply 527December 14, 2019 8:12 PM

And just keep repeating it...over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 528December 14, 2019 8:13 PM

getting Trump's financial records isn't about convincing his base. It's about further and completely exposing what a fraud he is and also the likely connection to Russians

his daddy is dead so he needed someone to bail out his failing businesses. The Apprentice salary couldn't have covered all his losses each year

by Anonymousreply 529December 14, 2019 8:14 PM

What's he hiding? Why is he always hiding shit?

by Anonymousreply 530December 14, 2019 8:15 PM

I want Democrats to get aggressive on Trump. Start a chant "what's he hiding?" regarding his taxes. Put the pressure on him. Stop being so defensive. Democrats have the law and morality on their side so don't let repubs dictate and bully them into a corner. The repubs should be feeling the heat now not the Democrats

by Anonymousreply 531December 14, 2019 8:21 PM

That fucking NJ Dem is threatening to switch parties. REALLY? You want to throw your lot in with THIS group of Republicans? WTF is wrong with that asshole. LEAVE BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 532December 14, 2019 8:27 PM

Moscow Mitch and Chao have been sucking up cash from lobbyists and billionaire donors, their shipping company investments, earmarked projects awarded to Kentucky, legislation that promotes their personal wealth, etc They fit the Trump mold of greed.

by Anonymousreply 533December 14, 2019 8:44 PM

They should have a secret ballot.

by Anonymousreply 534December 14, 2019 9:01 PM

Van Drew is switching parties. What a piece of shit. They are characterizing him as "moderate" but that is obviously a lie. Russians have something on him?

by Anonymousreply 535December 14, 2019 9:04 PM

r527 Exactly. They president is a liar. The president is a crook. The Trump Party is a party of criminals.

We're the party of thinkers, but sometimes the message gets lost in the eloquence.

by Anonymousreply 536December 14, 2019 9:10 PM

There are some people who believe Trump benefits them. Convince these people that Trump does not benefit them and Trump is toast.

This is especially true because the economy has been fairly strong; my dad is a Trump supporter & while he had the good sense to keep his mouth shut at Thanksgiving, he bragged about how strong his investments are thanks to Dump. If the stock market took a precipitous fall or we went into recession, I have a feeling he'd be rethinking that position pretty quick. So ideological stuff not withstanding, the dems are facing a strong headwind because the economy is good & gas prices are relatively low.

by Anonymousreply 537December 14, 2019 9:12 PM

I wonder if Moscow Mitch wants to be "forced" by public opinion to recuse. So he can't be held responsible for Trump being voted out or for whatever batshit crazy stunts Trump's people want to pull, yet he can claim to the folks at home, he was in Trump's corner all the way.

by Anonymousreply 538December 14, 2019 9:13 PM

yeah, I just don't think logic is going to do much here. You either love the bitch or hate him at this point. We gotta turn out the haters. That's the deal.

by Anonymousreply 539December 14, 2019 9:16 PM

for anyone here's connected, let Democrats know they must start talking about federal courts. It must be a major campaign issue. It should be a central issue in the same way it is for repubs.

Whoever the Democratic nominee is needs to discuss this at every rally and in every interview and during debates with Trump

by Anonymousreply 540December 14, 2019 9:51 PM

R531! Now that is a great slogan. It's perfection. Simple and to the point. I hope that What's He's Hiding? will take off and start trending. What's He's Hiding? Everybody, start hashtagging this all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 541December 14, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote]he bragged about how strong his investments are thanks to Dump.

And remember: the redneck "deplorables" don't have investments. They don't own stock.

The upper middle class and business owners do. They might not announce themselves as Trump supports but why would they want to rock the boat of a good economy by voting in someone else? Let's not be surprised if more of them vote for Trump in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 542December 14, 2019 10:00 PM

The Us faces 5 threats.

1. Trump and his goon associates.

2. Barr shielding Trump from his DoJ position.

3. McConnell backing Trump in the Senate.

4. Right Wing Media legitimizing right wing propaganda to take the heat off Trump.

5. Putin pulling all the strings to keep Trump in place and cause all kinds of shit with the US intelligence agencies and US allies.

I am still trying to be optimistic that the 2020 elections will eliminate most of these threats and give the Democratic Party landslide victories in both The House, the Senate, and in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 543December 14, 2019 10:06 PM

Interesting that apparently Trump's tariff war with China didn't fuck the economy after all then and all the capitalists stockholders, company owners and CEOs are quite happy with Trump? Or is that another Russian troll farm / right wing media spin? And now even the farmers are back being all in love with Trump?

by Anonymousreply 544December 14, 2019 10:10 PM

the tariff war has negatively impacted US manufacturing which has declined in recent months. It hasn't affected the corporate world. The brainless sector of farmers (sadly it seems like most of them are in this category) will stick with Trump following the logic "we've come so far why abandon him now?"

by Anonymousreply 545December 14, 2019 10:28 PM

R544 We bailed out the farmers. We gave them a shit ton of money. Also, we are running a trillion dollar deficit while we have very low unemployment and a good economy. Essentially, we are spending our credit card like crazy when we should have been paying down our previous credit card debt when we lost our jobs and needed to spend. These dipshits don't understand when we lose our jobs next time, we will not be able to spend our way out of it because of his reckless economics.

by Anonymousreply 546December 14, 2019 10:29 PM

remember many of the farmers are currently receiving "Trump bucks" which is basically SOCIALIST!!! they've been getting a bailout during this trade war even if the money has not been equally distributed. Bigger farms/companies are getting much more money yet most farmers are still standing by their orange man

by Anonymousreply 547December 14, 2019 10:33 PM

[quote]I fight right-wing trailer trash on The Hill every day, the commenters there are surprisingly Democratic, maybe 3/4.

That's probably because The Hill used to just report news about Congress and Washington in general, hence being called The Hill, but it was taken over by the original owner's son who is a Trump licking asshole a little while back and has now become a right-wing propaganda shithole.

by Anonymousreply 548December 14, 2019 10:51 PM

It has to get REALLY fucking bad for Deplorables to vote Trump out- I mean the stock market had to tank for 3 quarters, and the Millionaire/ Billionaires PTB have to abandon him along wirh manufacturing class because they're behind the lobbiests who are buying off congressmen. Then Trump has to start enacting all of his REAL agenda- cutting Social Security, Medicaid across the board, completely eliminating the last of Obamacare- shit that will be an outright betrayal ofvthe Walmart trailer park crowd of MAGA hats. Of course by this time the whole country will be ready to collapse, so what's the point?

When you really examine it, think about what it has really taken to " de-program" other " Cult-like" groups throughout history: they did not go easily, quicly or quietly. Getting rid of Hitler took a brutal war fought on mutiple fronts that consumed almost the entire world that we almost didn't win that in the end we had to have troops right up to his ass so he blew his own brains out? Rebuilding Germany took hundreds of millions of $$$ and re-indoctrination of generations. Jim Jones was such a maniac in the end the bastard took the lives of many others who went * willingly* with him. What the fuck makes us think we're going to dislodge Trump, his cabal, and his Russian collaborators with a regular, peaceful, democratically held electoral process?

by Anonymousreply 549December 14, 2019 11:00 PM

Is there a reason/theory why the economy is still doing so great besides all these trade wars and shenanigans? And I don't believe it's still all Obama, Obama. What does Trump do that the economy is so good? What policies? My brother has an MBA and works for a oil company in Texas and has no explanation. Trade war etc. should have negative effects. All his Texan friends are happy and spend money like crazy. They will never vote for a democrat.

I think deregulation and not investing in future technologies and renewable energy/resources will backfire eventually.

by Anonymousreply 550December 14, 2019 11:03 PM

it's short term gain. Like the tax bill scam TEMPORARILY boosted the economy further but it will not last. The recession will come in the next term. If Trump is reelected he'll have to deal with that. Unfortunately you all know if a Democrat wins 2020, he/she will get the blame

by Anonymousreply 551December 14, 2019 11:10 PM

I just hope this Van Drew piece of shit is an anomaly. He's getting destroyed on twitter but I hope he doesn't embolden more of the moderates in areas that voted for Trump to also vote against impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 552December 14, 2019 11:13 PM

Van Drew is a absolute fucking asshole. He was JUST elected. What a scam artist. So, so, so odd he wants to be a Republican months after being elected as a Dem; he's joining a GOP that is at an all time low. Very suspicious.

R550 It is, largely, Obama still. Obama and the Dems really set the economy on solid footing. Pres Bone Spurs enacted tax cuts for the rich and increased spending which has juiced the economy even more while ballooning our deficit and debt while having very low unemployment. Only the Republicans can manage that economic fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 553December 14, 2019 11:24 PM

Van Drew looks like an old queen. I smell a deep closet there.

by Anonymousreply 554December 15, 2019 12:06 AM

Select all the squares with an impeached President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555December 15, 2019 12:28 AM

That is fucking GOLD, r555!

by Anonymousreply 556December 15, 2019 2:05 AM

From Miss Haberman:

A close aide to President Trump who was dismissed last year by the White House chief of staff at the time is expected to rejoin the West Wing, according to three people familiar with the move.

John McEntee, who shadowed Mr. Trump as his body man, is slated to come back in a similar role, the people familiar with the move said. His return will mean a familiar presence with whom Mr. Trump is comfortable as he heads into the 2020 re-election campaign, and he is likely to divide duties with one of his successors, Nick Luna.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment, and Mr. McEntee could not be reached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557December 15, 2019 2:24 AM

Love that, R555. I hope you or someone will tweet that out to the whole fucking world.

by Anonymousreply 558December 15, 2019 2:25 AM

Washington Post:

‘The grand finale’: Inside Trump’s push to rack up political victories as impeachment looms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559December 15, 2019 2:30 AM

Miss Lindsey Graham: "Not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560December 15, 2019 2:34 AM

[quote] R546: These dipshits don't understand when we lose our jobs next time, we will not be able to spend our way out of it because of his reckless economics.

Trump is a sadist. He wouldn’t help if he could.

Recently, he seems quite pleased with himself if he saves chump change.

by Anonymousreply 561December 15, 2019 2:43 AM

And how many people remember that Obama took the BRILLIANT extraordinary step of turning UIB (Unemployment) into a temporary welfare program to keep people in their homes during the Great Bush Recession? He put cash in the hands of regular working class people.

Trump gives Farm Subsidies to Welfare Farmers by the billions. Ans TRUMP caused the farms to fail by his not so easy to win trade war.

by Anonymousreply 562December 15, 2019 2:51 AM

Look. Russia is our enemy. They earned it. THey have sabotaged and conspired and acted against our interests. COnsistently. Since 1945 or there abouts.

The same way North Korea is our enemy, Russia is our enemy. What? An asshole like Tucker Carlson thinks that the white man from Eastern Europe who poisons journalists,or anyone who disagrees with him, is a nicer guy than Li'l Kim in NK? No. They're both evil bastards who work against us all the time.

If there is bad shit going on somewhere in the world, Europe ASia, the Middle East, Africa, you cna bet Putin's behind it. He is a corrupt leader worth billions which he pillaged from his country, and he has an army of former FSB/KGB agents who operate as a death squad. He foments division and violence, he's a racist, a homophobe and an Islamophobe.

by Anonymousreply 563December 15, 2019 3:42 AM

Now tell us about Xi Jinping R563.

by Anonymousreply 564December 15, 2019 3:49 AM

Love the photo at R555

by Anonymousreply 565December 15, 2019 3:52 AM

Whatever Xi has done, it doesn't make Putin any better. But nice try, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 566December 15, 2019 3:55 AM

An Early Skeptic, Perlmutter Says ‘I Was Wrong’ About Pelosi’s Leadership

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567December 15, 2019 3:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568December 15, 2019 3:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569December 15, 2019 3:59 AM

No one is reading your shitty links with no context. I mean, are you just too stupid to copy and paste at least the title of the article?

by Anonymousreply 570December 15, 2019 4:16 AM

Then don't, R570, it really isn't my fault you're too stupid and lazy to just read the preview in the link.

by Anonymousreply 571December 15, 2019 4:22 AM

People like R570 will bitch at anything.

by Anonymousreply 572December 15, 2019 4:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573December 15, 2019 4:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574December 15, 2019 4:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575December 15, 2019 4:28 AM

R575 and Republicans just shout:

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

by Anonymousreply 576December 15, 2019 4:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577December 15, 2019 4:57 AM

As hard as I try I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 578December 15, 2019 5:07 AM

Yeah, I don't feel sorry for him either. He only has regrets now because he got caught.

by Anonymousreply 579December 15, 2019 5:52 AM

Yup, it's the same with all the Trump people -- they're fine working for Trump until the shit hits the fan.

by Anonymousreply 580December 15, 2019 5:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581December 15, 2019 6:04 AM

mmhmm.

by Anonymousreply 582December 15, 2019 6:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583December 15, 2019 6:08 AM

Someone complaining about links and cant post a shitty link properly, love it!

by Anonymousreply 584December 15, 2019 6:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585December 15, 2019 6:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586December 15, 2019 6:57 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587December 15, 2019 6:59 AM

I'll never understand why people cant just ignore a post or post(s) they don't like. Get over it and move on.

by Anonymousreply 588December 15, 2019 7:02 AM

Thanks, OP, the thread is lagging on mobile.

by Anonymousreply 589December 15, 2019 7:02 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590December 15, 2019 7:04 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 591December 15, 2019 7:04 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 592December 15, 2019 7:04 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 593December 15, 2019 7:04 AM

Out

by Anonymousreply 594December 15, 2019 7:05 AM

Link

by Anonymousreply 595December 15, 2019 7:05 AM

Below

by Anonymousreply 596December 15, 2019 7:05 AM

to

by Anonymousreply 597December 15, 2019 7:05 AM

the

by Anonymousreply 598December 15, 2019 7:06 AM

new

by Anonymousreply 599December 15, 2019 7:06 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 600December 15, 2019 7:06 AM

Link to new thread below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 15, 2019 7:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!