Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Within Treason: Call Me (The Impeachment Inquiry, Part 15)  

Continued Discussion

Call me (call me) on the line.... call me, call me any time

Call me (call me) my love... you can call me any day or night

Call me... cover me with kisses, baby, roll me in designer sheets, I'll never get enough

Emotions come, I don't know why...

Cover up love's alibi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604December 10, 2019 4:54 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 2:18 AM

Romney said today that there is ample evidence that Russia interfered with our election and no evidence that Ukraine did so. With luck, there will be more stating so in the coming days and weeks.

Sen. Kennedy is getting raked over the coals, again, for doing the bidding of Russia.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 2:39 AM

Yang campaign receives death threats in New Hampshire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 3:33 AM

Did the 'no quid pro quo' phone call ever even happen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 4:13 AM

“Tell Zelensky, I want no quid pro quo.”

This is not a statement that anyone would make. The problem wasn’t the quid pro quo, it was that the exchange was something from the US government in exchange for something to benefit Trump personally. It just bugs me that a statement that he prepared and should have been clear was completely unclear.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 4:25 AM

Devin Nunes said just now on Hannity: “It’s possible” I talked to Lev Parnas. “l haven’t gone through all my phone records...I don’t really recall that name, I remember that name now because he’s been indicted. But it seems very unlikely I’d be taking calls from random people”

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 5:49 AM

Poor COW Nunes! Lawyer up fattie!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 5:57 AM

nunes is going down for his idol Trump. Imagine committing treason and risking jail time for a man who would gladly throw you under the bus and expose all the dirt Russia has on him? Not very bright...

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 6:09 AM

nunes is going down for his idol Trump. Imagine committing treason and risking jail time for a man who would gladly throw you under the bus and expose all the dirt Russia has on him? Not very bright...

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 6:09 AM

So Nunes is going down. And Ghouliani is going down... and Mick Mulvaney is going down....what's the point? Won't Trump just pardon them anyway? Isn't this whole Ukraine fixed our election of justifying Trump pardoning Paul Manafort?

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 6:15 AM

He can't pardon them if he is involved in the crimes, r10.

And he is the perp of said crimes.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 6:20 AM

Nunes is exactly the type of fatty that becomes a "woman" real fast in prison. Bring your tiny tub of vaseline you chub GOP cow! Drop the soap! Bite the pillow!!

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 6:46 AM

Thanks OP, the 14 thread was pay walled near r 550.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 7:24 AM

From Roll Call:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 7:49 AM

No, not Bern Bros.

Andrew Yang:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 8:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 9:20 AM

Oh the hypocrisy! According to GOP scumbag and Trump apologist extraordinaire Kevin McCarthy, Devin Nunes has the right to talk to whom ever he damn well pleases!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 9:38 AM

Devin Cow is just exercising his right to commit crimes! Leave him to do as he will!

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 11:36 AM

Moooo

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 11:46 AM

[quote]Booker confirmed what many of us thought in an interview tonight...the repubs KNOW that Trump has broken the law committed impeachable offenses. He's had private convos with some of them.

It's time to start naming names, Cory.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 11:59 AM

Wow! It almost sounds like a vast right wing conspiracy!

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 12:09 PM

Trump calls Trudeau 'two-faced', cancels press conference and leaves Nato summit early after video of world leaders laughing at him.

The US president was asked whether he had seen the clip in which his international counterparts appeared to joke about his explosive press conference with Emmanuel Macron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 12:53 PM

He feels free to ridicule anyone he likes, but he can't bear it if the tables are turned on him. What a big orange baby.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2019 1:01 PM

Exactly r23.

Apparently he thinks HE'S the only one allowed to insult and make fun of people.

Poor Trumpie.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 1:03 PM

He's a petulant child trapped in the body of a beached whale

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 1:53 PM

Well, the good news is that he’ll be back in time to attend the impeachment hearings and give testimony under oath. He does want to do that, right?

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2019 1:58 PM

From the last thread.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2019 1:58 PM

Blech Jonathan Turley is speaking first for the Repukes.

Wasn't he all for the Clinton impeachment 21 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2019 2:06 PM

CBS live....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2019 2:07 PM

Repugs are already starting their games.

Hang tough Nadler!

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2019 2:10 PM

Mr. Chairman, Mr. Chairman, a parliamentary enquiry!

Blah, blah, blah! Blah, blah! Blahhhhhhhh!

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 2:23 PM

Bring me the whistleblower! And her little dog, too!

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 2:25 PM

I have one word for Doug Collins...

Shud-dup

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2019 2:26 PM

Just a bunch of screaming from them. Tedious.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2019 2:27 PM

Wait....Gaetz is on this committee.

The "fun" hasn't even begun yet.

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2019 2:28 PM

The southern twang makes it so much more...grating.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2019 2:28 PM

At least Collins doesn't shout like Gym Jordan. He also isn’t as rude as Nunes, who harped on his adversaries being liars, right to their faces.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2019 2:29 PM

Collins is such an asshole

the repubs just whining that there is even an impeachment hearing lol tough shit

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2019 2:30 PM

[quote]At least Collins doesn't shout like Gym Jordan

Well, he's doing his best to be his own scumbag

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2019 2:32 PM

The Repukes STILL don't get that there was an election in 2018, and they LOST.

BIG TIME.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2019 2:33 PM

all these fucking parliamentary inquiries ugh

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2019 2:34 PM

I wish Schiff was in charge of this, Nadler isn’t as sharp as he.

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2019 2:34 PM

Demand for a voice vote - this will be the Repig tactic: delay and draw out the proceedings via parliamentary inquiries and quibbles.

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2019 2:34 PM

Was a Adler ever a prosecutor? He seems more like a natural politician, and not as comfortable with telling people, diplomatically but firmly, to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2019 2:37 PM

You got it r43.

And unfortunately, Nadler does not have control of this committee the way Schiff did the Intelligence committee.

And the Repukes know it and are using it against him.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2019 2:37 PM

Yeah Schiff is much more sharp than Nadler

but at least Nadler is being more firm than we've seen previously

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2019 2:40 PM

I just checked Nadler’s bio, and that’s right. He’s not a prosecutor, he is more of a natural politician. But he’s not a push over, either.

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2019 2:42 PM

Trump abused his office withholding disaster aid to Puerto Rico and Congress did nothing. Didn't even seem to notice. He's been allowed to get away with abuses of power ever since he was installed in the White House. He's a fucking pig and I hope Professor Pamela Karlan has a chance to discuss this on TV. She can sway opinion.

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2019 3:01 PM

'It is reported that· "Robin Roberts, an incoming member of the University of South Carolina’s board of trustees, is president of a company, that allegedly facilitated illegal campaign donations between the NRA and Donald Trump. The business is called National Media Research, Planning, and Placement, facilitated donations between the NRA and Trump's campaign as a means to exceed allowable campaign donations., according to a complaint filed with the FEC. Roberts, a GOP strategist, is also Preident-elect of the Univ. is SC MyCarolina Alumni Association.'

(article in The State/12/04/19-L. Daprile). Unable to link here.

by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2019 3:54 PM

[quote]Trump calls Trudeau 'two-faced', cancels press conference and leaves Nato summit early after video of world leaders laughing at him.

I tried to warn Trump not to go, but he wouldn't listen to me.

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2019 4:00 PM

Okay, Benedict Cumberbatch (with his original hair color) HAS to play Noah Feldmanin the inevitable film version of this hearing..

by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2019 4:06 PM

[quote]Blech Jonathan Turley is speaking first for the Repukes. Wasn't he all for the Clinton impeachment 21 years ago?

Yes. Ari Melber made mention of it this morning while talking to Brian Williams.

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2019 4:17 PM

Say it ain't so, Robin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2019 4:20 PM

Washington Post:

Impeachment hearings live updates: Scholars called by Democrats testify that Trump’s conduct is grounds for removal from office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2019 5:44 PM

Repugs are defending Devin by saying that someone may have stolen his phone and used it to make those calls

LOL. Maybe the guy who stole Kevin Spacey's phone stole Devin's phone too!

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2019 6:07 PM

WSJ: A day after the impeachment report detailed calls between Giuliani and admin officials, who he spoke with remains a mystery. OMB denies that Giuliani ever spoke with anyone at the agency, despite logs showing about a dozen calls.

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2019 6:12 PM

Maybe Giuliani's phone was stolen, too!

by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2019 6:16 PM

Wait, one second... Femmy, prissy-snob Jonathan Turkey-Turley, is straight-married?

He fucks women? That is one image I will never get out of my head.

In any event, his (sole), argument is that impeachment is wrong because the House has not yet interviewed key witnesses, nor have they yet secured enough documents. Does this lifetime closet Queen know that Trump has blocked every key White House witness from testifying, AND, stonewalled every request from the House for key documents?

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2019 6:18 PM

Turley only believes lying about blow jobs is grounds for impeachment; not selling out your nation and committing bribery and extortion.

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2019 6:22 PM

"In any event, his (sole), argument is that impeachment is wrong because the House has not yet interviewed key witnesses, nor have they yet secured enough documents. Does this lifetime closet Queen know that Trump has blocked every key White House witness from testifying, AND, stonewalled every request from the House for key documents?"

Of course he does, r58. It's driving me crazy watching any TV analyst give his testimony credence.

by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2019 6:31 PM

NBC:

Trump closes NATO by yawning at impeachment hearing: 'It'll be boring'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2019 6:35 PM

USA Today:

William Barr: 'Communities' that don't show law enforcement more respect may lose 'police protection'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2019 6:45 PM

Is the fat cuck back from London yet? I want to see him sulk

by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2019 6:50 PM

Yes, the London evening paper tonight leads on the picture of comparatively sane world leaders in a group, sharing a drink, and laughing at Trump. (Echoes of Ivanka being tolerated at best in Paris.)

The right-wing 'Telegraph' today almost wearily ran through the blatant contradictions blurted by Trump in his extended press conference at The American Embassy. Plainly he thought it was all going rather well.

Obviously sociopaths hate and fear ridicule above all, which is why Trump resorts to same in his juvenile tweets. Thus, he'll contrive some would-be hard-core retaliation, to Show Who's Boss. Set your clocks, it'll happen.

by Anonymousreply 64December 4, 2019 7:22 PM

She stands up for daddy. Pootie smiles. Good gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 4, 2019 7:23 PM

Joey Deacon is the clue you are all missing

by Anonymousreply 66December 4, 2019 7:24 PM

Turley has appeared on Fox "News" numerous times before so I knew he'd be utter bullshit today

To their credit, I don't recall seeing any of the other 3 whoring themselves out on cable news.

I am now OBSESSED with Pamela Karlan though. She is #QUEEN and reading those repubs for pure filth. LOVE HER I hope she starts appearing on MSNBC and CNN

by Anonymousreply 67December 4, 2019 7:27 PM

Microsoft News Poll

Do you believe Devin Nunes is telling the truth about talking with Lev Parnas?

7% = Yes

91% = No

1% = Other / No opinion

Based on 4,898 responses.

by Anonymousreply 68December 4, 2019 7:27 PM

by Anonymousreply 69December 4, 2019 7:27 PM

who is this Ken Buck asshole from Colorado? Of course he's bringing up nonsense about Obama to try and make Trump seem better

by Anonymousreply 70December 4, 2019 7:30 PM

"Is the fat cuck back from London yet? I want to see him sulk"

Vee vill torch downs at all most 9pm. I will miss "Surviver"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 4, 2019 7:32 PM

Washington Post:

Analysis: Why Giuliani’s calls with ‘-1’ are likely calls with Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 4, 2019 7:38 PM

Washington Post:

Analysis: A brief history of world leaders laughing at Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 4, 2019 7:43 PM

here's the thing

we know Trump HATES to be laughed at. A lot of commentators noted how upset he was when Obama cracked a joke at his expense causing the whole room to laugh several years ago at the WH Press event thing.

for Trump it's all about optics. The idea that world leaders are now publicly shown to be mocking him is crushing lol

but at the same time, Trump has no qualms about viciously attacking people on twitter, in interviews and during his dumbass rallies. He has said the most horrible things

yet he expects that having the title of "President" means he should be respected at all times? So glad he's been humiliated like this. I hope it continues

by Anonymousreply 74December 4, 2019 7:48 PM

USA Today:

Tensions, disputes roil NATO alliance meetings in London; Trump cancels news conference

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 4, 2019 7:50 PM

Putin is proud of his boy Trump this week, blowing up the NATO meetings

by Anonymousreply 76December 4, 2019 7:52 PM

here goes Gaetz attacking the 3 witnesses who dared to speak logic, law and truth today

by Anonymousreply 77December 4, 2019 8:01 PM

^ Ol' Spongebob Squarehead is at it again

by Anonymousreply 78December 4, 2019 8:02 PM

Politico:

‘Are you ready?’: Pelosi preps Democrats for next steps on impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 4, 2019 8:03 PM

Daily Beast:

Fox News Analyst: ‘Somebody Else’ May Have Used Nunes’ Phone to Call Parnas and Giuliani

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 4, 2019 8:26 PM

Washington Post:

House committee chair calls for investigation into $400 million border wall contract

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 4, 2019 8:39 PM

Will those two Democratic House members, one from N.J. and one from Minnesota, who voted against the impeachment inquiry, decide to vote for impeachment? It would be good if ALL Democrats in the he House voted for impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 82December 4, 2019 9:09 PM

Go Val Demings! She’s proving my point right now!

Where are the key witnesses we asked for, Trump? Where are the key documents we asked for Trump?

So a big FUCK YOU to you prissy, Turley.

r 58

by Anonymousreply 83December 4, 2019 9:15 PM

Europeans at NATO summit reactions to Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 4, 2019 9:20 PM

What could be so awful that they’re supposedly blackmailing Miss Lindsey with? Everyone already knows he’s gay and living in a glass closet. Did he choke a twink to death or something?

by Anonymousreply 85December 4, 2019 9:28 PM

Makes you wonder what kind of operation the RNC runs if the RNCV servers the Russians hacked, documented, contain the information to blackmail the entire party.

by Anonymousreply 86December 4, 2019 9:34 PM

RNCV=RNC^^^

by Anonymousreply 87December 4, 2019 9:35 PM

Washington state Dem. Denny Heck is retiring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 4, 2019 9:59 PM

r85 I think Grahama Lindsey likes cheese pizza.

by Anonymousreply 89December 4, 2019 10:03 PM

^

Rep. Denny Heck announced Wednesday that he is not running for reelection. The Washington Democrat, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, cited the impeachment investigation as part of the reason for his retirement.

“The countless hours I have spent in the investigation of Russian election interference and the impeachment inquiry have rendered my soul weary,” Heck wrote in a Medium post.

“I will never understand how some of my colleagues, in many ways good people, could ignore or deny the President’s unrelenting attack on a free press, his vicious character assassination of anyone who disagreed with him, and his demonstrably very distant relationship with the truth,” Heck wrote.

by Anonymousreply 90December 4, 2019 10:04 PM

NYT:

Giuliani, Facing Scrutiny, Travels to Europe to Interview Ukrainians

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 4, 2019 10:25 PM

I think the danger of impeachment was built-in to the original plan to twist Zelensky's arm. Like, "If this gets out we'll just say we were investigating corruption. Besides, if they try impeachment the Senate will 'do the right thing' *wink*. AND the spectacle of a failed impeachment will benefit us in the end with the voters. It's a win-win".

Trump was very clever with the words but perhaps this was a rare misstep (maybe he's getting old?). Let's see, he's had: 1) Giuliani do his dirty work in Ukraine; 2) his son and son-in-law do his dirty work with the Russians and Arabs; 3) Ivanka connect Russian kleptocrats with real estate in Panama... see a pattern? He always wants to walk away squeaky clean.

by Anonymousreply 92December 4, 2019 10:41 PM

Stock Tip: After witnessing the usual incoherent and rabid psycho-babble from Judiciary Republicans, all DL’rs should immediate invest in companies that manufacture mood elevating, and anxiety drugs, as I’m sure these repug cunts will be making them a huge part of their diets as these hearings proceed.

by Anonymousreply 93December 4, 2019 10:42 PM

USA Today:

GOP groups cut ties with congressional candidate who called for Ilhan Omar, Democrats to be hanged

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 4, 2019 10:47 PM

R85 - The simplest answer, considering the sort of people Lindsey and the rest of the GOP are beholden to (and that's not their rube base, but instead the ruthless oligarchs who favor mafia-like techniques), they're all quite likely being threatened (or more to the point, their families are) with physical harm. A lot of people conjecture it's all about the money and power - which is only half true, I think. There's more terror in their tones and in their frenzied antics than there is confidence. Their base will buy into it, of course, because they're terminally stupid and are impressed by loud noises and bluster.

by Anonymousreply 95December 4, 2019 10:49 PM

With Lindsey, R85, it could be something totally pathetic and emotion-based. He's spoken about his need to feel "relevant." He wants to be seen as important, he wants to be on television all the time. It's easy to manipulate people like him.

by Anonymousreply 96December 4, 2019 11:10 PM

I wonder if the Republican Senators realize that if they don't remove Trump, they become responsible for Trump's every action after the vote.

by Anonymousreply 97December 4, 2019 11:40 PM

Smug and smarmy, trump licker (I have 5 kids), Rick (Sanitarium), Santorum on CNN right now with Erin Burnett spinning his cotton candy machine in a feverish effort to once again defend the indefensible.

If there ever was a forehead that was meant to meet up with a bat swinging at the speed of light, it’s Santorum’s.

by Anonymousreply 98December 4, 2019 11:49 PM

I just watched videos on Youtube of a younger Noah Feldman (8 years ago). He had the same great hair and was, of course, very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 99December 4, 2019 11:56 PM

They're not Republicans anymore - they are the Trump Party of criminals and criminal sympathizers.

by Anonymousreply 100December 5, 2019 12:08 AM

Barr’s handpicked prosecutor tells inspector general he can’t back right-wing theory that Russia case was U.S. intelligence setup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 5, 2019 12:20 AM

Hillary Clinton on Lindsey:

"It looks like he has a snatch".

Okay, okay, she really said "brain snatch".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 5, 2019 12:20 AM

Remember when Mike Pence was offended by Mulan? Because he thinks having women in the military is evil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 5, 2019 2:37 AM

C-SPAN caller having a normal one: "Lincoln only freed the slaves. Yes, that's a big thing, but what Trump is doing is far greater."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 5, 2019 2:52 AM

Okey-dokey, then.....

The Hill: Biden hammers Trump over video of world leaders mocking him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 5, 2019 2:56 AM

the Examiner: 'It did nothing': White House blasts Judiciary Committee hearing as 'desperate charade'

"Today was a good day for President Trump, and a bad day for the Democrats," White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a Wednesday statement. "The only thing the three liberal professors established at Chairman Nadler’s hearing was their political bias against the President. It did nothing to change the fact that, despite weeks of hearings in this sham process, the President did nothing wrong."

"Congress should get back to working for the American people. The United States–Mexico–Canada trade agreement, infrastructure, and drug pricing all await action from Speaker Pelosi. Instead, House Democrats continue to ignore their constituents by focusing on this pathetic and desperate charade," she added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 5, 2019 3:02 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 5, 2019 3:05 AM

A hookers and pimps party? Donald and Melania wouldn't even need a costume for that, they could just go as themselves

by Anonymousreply 108December 5, 2019 3:07 AM

They did

by Anonymousreply 109December 5, 2019 3:09 AM

r85, Ping-pong, too!

Turley just craves the attention that his stupid contrarian position affords him. How else would he have been invited to be "on stage" today and talked about afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2019 3:11 AM

That first comment was to r89.

by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2019 3:12 AM

Pres Bone Spurs seems rattled more than usual. The GOP seems frantic more than usual. Could they know all the damning evidence that is known but has not (may not) come out due to their obstruction?

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2019 3:23 AM

You tell US, FCI!

by Anonymousreply 113December 5, 2019 3:25 AM

Turley was disgusting. Shameful.

by Anonymousreply 114December 5, 2019 4:40 AM

I can’t watch it. The Republicans are just too evil. I can’t stand it.

by Anonymousreply 115December 5, 2019 5:20 AM

I don't understand the speed. Why this artificial Christmas deadline? People stop paying attention to anything during the holidays. It just gives the Repugs a breather before it heads to the Senate. I feel like it's too fast and the single issue argument is too "simplistic" for lack of a better word. It's too easy to dismiss just like the Repugs have been doing. They just lie and lie and lie and aren't called out on it. That they can sit there in the House chambers and just lie with no recourse is disgusting but it might just work.

I think the Democrats are being naive to think that law and order and being on the right side is enough. It's not anymore. Why let the Repugs wipe this away in early 2020 and have almost a year to spin their way out of any culpability? Plus, they get to add the "See, he's innocent!!" lie to their pile of dogshit for ten months. It just doesn't make any sense. They need to get the big players court-ordered to testify. The moment that happens, Trump is done, and that moment is soon. This is their one chance and they are going to blow their wad too soon.

by Anonymousreply 116December 5, 2019 5:38 AM

R116, I am inclined to agree.

Why not add the craven taking of emoluments? That has been obvious to all, and is an offense mentioned in the Constitution.

Why not add the known nepotism?

Will the ignoring of subpoenas be included in the charges as obstruction of justice?

Whatever happened to "Trump likely lied in his written answers to Mueller"?

I hope Lev Parnas comes through with the goods on tape.

by Anonymousreply 117December 5, 2019 9:27 AM

Oh well, they can save some charges for the next impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 118December 5, 2019 9:44 AM

Morning Joe: Miss Nancy is going to make a statement at 9 a.m. ET.

by Anonymousreply 119December 5, 2019 12:21 PM

Reuters:

Pelosi: House will move forward on impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 5, 2019 1:24 PM

Yes Nancy! Proud of you girl.

by Anonymousreply 121December 5, 2019 1:29 PM

I hope Trump has a fabulous morning. Only 4th president in American history to be impeached. People will talk about his corruption and lying for the next decades. If I had to choose between treason and getting a blowjob in the Oval Office, Clinton definitely wins.

by Anonymousreply 122December 5, 2019 1:34 PM

NBC:

Pelosi announces House moving forward with articles of impeachment against Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 5, 2019 1:38 PM

Nyaaaaaas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 5, 2019 1:48 PM

CNBC:

White House on Trump impeachment: 'We look forward to a fair trial in the Senate'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 5, 2019 2:07 PM

TIME:

'I'm Not Afraid of the Impeachment Questions': How Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Is Navigating His Role in the World's Biggest Political Drama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 5, 2019 2:08 PM

Media-ite:

Trump Challenges ‘Do Nothing Democrats’: ‘If You Are Going to Impeach Me, Do it Now, Fast’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 5, 2019 2:09 PM

Politico:

Trump: I was asking Zelensky to help America, not me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 5, 2019 2:11 PM

NYT:

Mocked Abroad and Assailed at Home, Trump Returns to Face Impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 5, 2019 2:12 PM

lets pray this son of bitch does not get re elected to the senate.

pure criminal

by Anonymousreply 130December 5, 2019 2:18 PM

A new book claims Melania has an icy relationship with 'Mother'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 5, 2019 2:18 PM

Nunes I meant, but both he and Drump!

by Anonymousreply 132December 5, 2019 2:18 PM

Melania knows Mother sees right through her and knows she just a trashy whore.

by Anonymousreply 133December 5, 2019 2:24 PM

From FUX:

“The Do Nothing Democrats had a historically bad day yesterday in the House. They have no Impeachment case and are demeaning our Country. But nothing matters to them, they have gone crazy,” Trump tweeted early Thursday, just before Pelosi announced that she wants the Judiciary Committee to proceed with articles of impeachment.

“Therefore I say, if you are going to impeach me, do it now, fast, so we can have a fair trial in the Senate and so that our Country can get back to business,” he continued. “We will have Schiff, the Bidens, Pelosi and many more testify, and will reveal, for the first time, how corrupt our system really is.”

He added: “I was elected to ‘Clean the Swamp,’ and that’s what I am doing!”

by Anonymousreply 134December 5, 2019 2:28 PM

ABC:

Biden says he will not appear at Senate impeachment trial despite demands from Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 5, 2019 2:33 PM

He IS cleaning the swamp. More and more government officials are looking for work in the private sector. When he's done cleaning, no one is left to do the day to day work and willing to work for this administration that repeatedly smeared honored officials. Trump will leave a totally dysfunctional government for his successor.

by Anonymousreply 136December 5, 2019 2:38 PM

I should have put a NSFW warning for the photo in the article at r135.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 5, 2019 2:38 PM

I laugh when Democrats are on TV saying stuff like "this is a somber, serious and sad moment in our history when we are forced to proceed with impeachment" and they have smirks on their faces. I, like I'm sure they do, find it quite joyous that we can stain that mother fucker's legacy for the rest of time.

by Anonymousreply 138December 5, 2019 2:40 PM

R125, As much as Trump deserves to be impeached, once it goes to the Senate, it will be anything but fair. The Republicans have already said that they will not impeach him. They carry on about that the Democrats had their minds made up from the start, well, the same could be said of the Republicans. I hope that the Democrats are sitting on recordings, photos and videos that they will drop at the right time and blow the whole thing up. If not, I fear that the Republicans are going to put everyone on trial except for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 139December 5, 2019 2:44 PM

Reuters:

Ukraine lawmaker met Giuliani to discuss misuse of US taxpayer money in Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 5, 2019 2:47 PM

Zelensky needs to STFU already. He is really pissing me off. He knows very well what happened and that Trump withheld the aid for his personal gain, but he still acts like Trump did nothing wrong and won't admit he was pressured. I know he doesn't want to look weak and keep Trump as an ally. What he doesn't seem to understand is if Trump gets away with this, he will pull the same shit with other countries and leaders. So please tell the truth or shut up already.

by Anonymousreply 141December 5, 2019 2:48 PM

not 1st choice, not 2nd choice, but i believe 3rd choice ( she's so great, she only got the job after the others quit/fired! does she realize this, of course she does she's just a d.c. political whore) of trump stephanie grisham HAS THE AUDACITY AND GALL to say the democrats aren't doing anything when EVERYONE WHOSE PAYING ATTENTION WHO HAS HALF A BRAIN knows it's the democrats in the house who are creating and passing bill after bill after bill after bill after bill on everything she made mention of and these bills DIE and some not even voted on by the repub senate!.

she is OUTRIGHT LYING to the entire country! sad and shameful that americans so many are too clueless and lazy to not realize this!..

by Anonymousreply 142December 5, 2019 2:48 PM

John Roberts, Chief Justice is a wild card, IMO. He is obligated under the Constitution, to preside over a trial in the Senate. From what I've seen of him over the years, Roberts is a weak sister. He'd rather do anything else except preside over a trial. I think he's weak, and intimidated by how polarized and intractable the politics of Congress and our country are.Dare I say he is cowardly? Perhaps. But he is also very much concerned with the image of the SCOTUS. So I don't think he will want to preside over a circus. He will bend over backwards to let McConnell and the GOP majority carry the ball so he has very little to do, and he will hate having to actually BE a judge and intervene, etc. but he'll have to balance that against his image and the pubic image of SCOTUS in these proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 143December 5, 2019 2:51 PM

Guiliani is scared to death right now. That's why he's in Ukraine trying to clean up his mess and to get people to back him up.

by Anonymousreply 144December 5, 2019 2:52 PM

It's worth reading the link at R101. Barr has been traveling Europe with U.S. Attorney Durham trying to get dirt on our own intelligence agencies--and they failed to turn up anything. The Inspector General was also tasked with this job, and turned up nothing of any significance. Reality failed to support a favorite conspiracy theory of Trump, Barr and the rest of the Republicans. Look for Barr to be seen wandering the streets of Washington babbling about how he knows, just knows, that the FBI and the CIA tricked the Trump campaign into working with Russia, no matter what the evidence says.

by Anonymousreply 145December 5, 2019 2:53 PM

[quote]What he doesn't seem to understand is if Trump gets away with this, he will pull the same shit with other countries and leaders. So please tell the truth or shut up already.

Why should Zelensky care if Trump does the same thing to other countries? His responsibility is to his own country and if he tells the truth about Trump, U.S. aid will disappear in an instant.

by Anonymousreply 146December 5, 2019 2:54 PM

[quote]Guiliani is scared to death right now. That's why he's in Ukraine trying to clean up his mess and to get people to back him up.

He's apparently filming a documentary that will "blow the lid off" the Ukraine conspiracy against Trump. That way, he doesn't have to submit his "witnesses" for a legal proceeding, he can lie with impunity to keep the rubes frothing at the mouth. See also: Dinesh D'Souza.

by Anonymousreply 147December 5, 2019 2:58 PM

If (when) the Senate acquits, the Dems should just start investigating again and then impeach him for additional offenses. He should not be allowed to rule in peace for a moment.

by Anonymousreply 148December 5, 2019 2:59 PM

ABC: 5 takeaways from Hillary Clinton’s interview with Howard Stern

2. Clinton said attending Trump’s inauguration was one of the hardest days of her life.

“I went to the inauguration of Donald Trump, which was one of the hardest days of my life, to be honest,” she said. She remarked on how she was seated next to former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, during Trump’s speech.

“Then he started on that speech, which was so bizarre, and that’s when I got really worried,” she said. “And George W. Bush says to me, 'Well that was some weird s---.'”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 5, 2019 3:01 PM

R146 Because he's an immoral piece of shit? Ukraine is also not the only country currently threatened by Russia's expansion policy. I bet other leaders and Trump's successor will also remember that Zelensky is a weak lying piece of shit and not reliable.

by Anonymousreply 150December 5, 2019 3:03 PM

Rudy is chasing the dime. He is shaking the bushes for $$$$. He has "clients" in Ukraine and other shady places in Eastern Europe. He is too arrogant to be worried about his legal position. His prime motivation is money.

by Anonymousreply 151December 5, 2019 3:05 PM

Whoa, Nancy!!!! What just happened?

by Anonymousreply 152December 5, 2019 3:08 PM

She was asked whether she hated the President. She wasn’t having it.

by Anonymousreply 153December 5, 2019 3:09 PM

I fucking LOVE that woman.

by Anonymousreply 154December 5, 2019 3:09 PM

R148, I agree. But the only way that will work is if we get the votes we need to flip the Senate and hold the House. We really really have to control Congress. And we can never allow it to slip into Republican hands again. Not until we see that they have purged the vermin from their midst. IMO The entire party should be RICO'd as part of a criminal conspiracy.

The state houses are important too. The Republican long term plan was to take over enough state legislatures to change the Constitution. It takes 37-38 states to ratify a Constitutional amendment. At one point the GOP controlled 31 states. We need to be more aware and have our own long range plan. They want a Corporate police state. They want to starve government through irresponsible tax cuts, dismantle government and privatize every thing. So we need to to take measures to block all that shit permanently.

by Anonymousreply 155December 5, 2019 3:09 PM

“DON’T MESS WITH ME.” Lol

by Anonymousreply 156December 5, 2019 3:09 PM

DON’T

MESS

WITH

NANCY

Don’t even THINK about it.

by Anonymousreply 157December 5, 2019 3:11 PM

USA Today:

President Trump has one last chance to keep tax returns, financial records secret: the Supreme Court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 5, 2019 3:11 PM

What happened? Please tell for thosr at work!

by Anonymousreply 159December 5, 2019 3:11 PM

What did Nancy do/say that folks are commenting on?

by Anonymousreply 160December 5, 2019 3:12 PM

r141, don't hang this on Zelensky. This mess is at the feet of the American voters. Ukraine has Russia right next door and they need the US defense money.

by Anonymousreply 161December 5, 2019 3:14 PM

She was leaving after having taken questions. One reporter asked her whether it was true that the Democrats were acting because they hate Trump.

She tore the reporter’s face off and ate it, basically. She returned to the podium, and said that they were required by the Constitution to act, and that as a Catholic she was offended by the reporter’s suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 162December 5, 2019 3:17 PM

Thanks, R162. I’ll have to hunt down a video of that. Did one of those Fox fucks ask that or was it an OANN?

by Anonymousreply 163December 5, 2019 3:19 PM

Politico:

Judge orders release of ex-acting AG Whitaker’s financial documents

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 5, 2019 3:19 PM

R159 R160 She was walking out the door after her press conference and a reporter yelled out a question about the impeachment being about the Dems hating Trump. She stopped in her tracks and lit out at him, wagging her finger and ending with “DON’T MESS WITH ME when it comes to that word.”

by Anonymousreply 165December 5, 2019 3:21 PM

Nancy is a bad ass.

by Anonymousreply 166December 5, 2019 3:21 PM

"She tore the reporter’s face off and ate it, basically. She returned to the podium, and said that they were required by the Constitution to act, and that as a Catholic she was offended by the reporter’s suggestion."

r162 - You left out her delicately wiping the corners of her mouth with with his tie.

by Anonymousreply 167December 5, 2019 3:22 PM

Pelosi being a badass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168December 5, 2019 3:28 PM

Don’t FUCK WITH ME, punk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 5, 2019 3:31 PM

BTW, I love that Biden's new ad highlights foreign leaders laughing at Trump. That’s Trump's sore spot. And for good reason. Even his most devoted followers will ditch him if they perceive him as weak.

by Anonymousreply 170December 5, 2019 3:36 PM

The reporter Pelosi leveled is a former Faux News reporter James Rosen, who left amid allegations of making unwanted sexual advances to female employees. Now he works for the equally right wing Sinclair Broadcasting.

by Anonymousreply 171December 5, 2019 4:21 PM

That pant suit was perfect for her. Way to go, Nancy! Give 'em hell!

by Anonymousreply 172December 5, 2019 4:33 PM

Reuters:

Trump files appeal at Supreme Court in financial records fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 5, 2019 4:39 PM

Reuters:

Exclusive: U.S. House panel could vote on Trump impeachment by December 12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 5, 2019 4:40 PM

One year ago today I was flying from Helsinki to An airport further north and frustrated I was going to miss the Cohen testimony. Now we are finally at the impeachment. What a year it has been!

by Anonymousreply 175December 5, 2019 4:59 PM

ElderLez, wasn’t the Cohen testimony in late February though? It’s still been an action-packed year. I just remember exactly where I was when I was war cI omg his testimony (in a hotel room in Vermont).

by Anonymousreply 176December 5, 2019 5:01 PM

*watching

by Anonymousreply 177December 5, 2019 5:01 PM

We still haven't heard Lev's recordings. Bolton hasn't testified yet. What about the link between Jamal Khashoggi's death and that hasty, unplanned withdraw from Syria?

by Anonymousreply 178December 5, 2019 5:19 PM

Trump wants them to hurry up with impeachment before his financial records come out.

by Anonymousreply 179December 5, 2019 5:34 PM

R179 for the win! Exactly. He and the a republicans are just hoping everything gets delayed until after the election. Then they’ll be free to coronate him as monarch.

by Anonymousreply 180December 5, 2019 5:39 PM

The Senate can't impeach Trump. All they can do is either convict him or not. The House impeaches.

Of course McConnell in the Senate counts on Putin, and his election hacking, to save their asses. The Senate will very likely not convict Trump.

by Anonymousreply 181December 5, 2019 5:49 PM

The Senatrice weighs in:

"Glad to see @SpeakerPelosi is 'keeping her word' to be thoughtful and prayerful about impeachment," Graham tweeted sarcastically. "One day after hearings involving law professors giving their opinions she is directing Articles of Impeachment be drafted. Salem witches got better deals than this."

by Anonymousreply 182December 5, 2019 6:17 PM

Fuck the Senatrix. Hillary told Howard Stern, she thinks he was "brain snatched." LOL!

by Anonymousreply 183December 5, 2019 6:19 PM

I’m really frustrated that what seems like the majority of citizens don’t pay as much attention to the news as to entertainment. Maybe it’s always been like that.

by Anonymousreply 184December 5, 2019 6:37 PM

No it hasn't, r184. Your TV viewing choices were 3 networks, a local station and PBS. And we had broadcasters like Cronkite and Huntley/Brinkley. When major events took place, they took priority over mindless fluff.

by Anonymousreply 185December 5, 2019 6:45 PM

I hope someday we find out what turned the Senatrice to the orange evil side. My vote is for Mocha Spit Roast video.

by Anonymousreply 186December 5, 2019 6:45 PM

I vote for a dead boy in the bed next to him after waking up hungover after a blackout.

by Anonymousreply 187December 5, 2019 7:28 PM

Nancy heard an accusation that the Dems hated Trump. She replied that she was raised Catholic, interesting that she didn’t claim to still be Catholic, but maybe that was just neglected. Anyway, she said she didn’t hate anybody. It was about the constitution, etc.

by Anonymousreply 188December 5, 2019 8:01 PM

I’m with Patti

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 5, 2019 8:04 PM

If Roberts is dreading presiding over the Senate trial, he had an easy out.

Simply let the lower court rulings stand on the taxes, other witnesses and other documents.

Everyone will be so distracted by the ensuing WH meltdown and GOP panic that he would be able to just stand back and let history take her course.

by Anonymousreply 190December 5, 2019 9:05 PM

Bloomberg:

Giuliani Is in Kyiv, and Ukrainian Officials Are Steering Clear

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 5, 2019 9:14 PM

Washington Post:

For all of Trump’s complaints, the House is doing more legislative work than the Senate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 5, 2019 9:17 PM

The Hill:

Senate confirms eight Trump court picks in three days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 5, 2019 9:21 PM

OMG R193 - make it stop!

by Anonymousreply 194December 5, 2019 9:25 PM

DCGay R176 you are correct that the Cohen Congressional testimony was in February. It was the SDNY court appearance when I was away.

by Anonymousreply 195December 5, 2019 9:25 PM

Turley is on BBC News right now saying the same bs. Why do the invite this idiot?

by Anonymousreply 196December 5, 2019 9:39 PM

I just don't get why the CIA hasn't discovered a link between Trump and Putin. I realize that unlike Trump, Putin is no dummy and covers his tracks extremely well. Trump, not so much. What am I missing here?

by Anonymousreply 197December 5, 2019 9:42 PM

I remember when Turdley used to be a regular on Countdown with Keith Olbermann. Never had any inkling that he was like this.

by Anonymousreply 198December 5, 2019 9:42 PM

God I wish I could, r194.

by Anonymousreply 199December 5, 2019 9:44 PM

David Pakman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 5, 2019 9:51 PM

The reporter that asked Nancy Pelosi the "hate" question at the end of her news conference this morning is James Rosen. He worked for Fox and is employed with the right-wing Sinclair Broadcast Group.

He left Fox in 2018 with controversy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201December 5, 2019 9:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 5, 2019 10:16 PM

The Senatrice's thread from above....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 5, 2019 10:36 PM

One of the lucky and joyful two picked to spit-roast with Miss La Thangsey?,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 5, 2019 11:02 PM

Jefferson Van Drew, D-NJ, was one of two Democrats voting against the Impeachment inquiry. He was on Fox during the last couple of days declaring he still opposes impeachment. He represents a conservative leaning district outside Philadelphia.

Trump praised him in a tweet. Something unusual about him. Anyone near or from his district?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 5, 2019 11:26 PM

R205 I am north of him but still in a red town... FB action page I am a member of talks about him a lot...considered a repug masquerading as dem....

by Anonymousreply 206December 5, 2019 11:41 PM

r188, She's still very much a devout Catholic and she was deeply offended by the question that James Rosen asked her.

I would have been too. And he's always been a right wing hack.

by Anonymousreply 207December 6, 2019 12:22 AM

I can't f-ing believe that Trump has Ghoulardi back over in the Ukraine, giving it another try. He is dangerously deranged.

You didn't win, Dotard. Hillary won, and the Russians snatched it away from her.

by Anonymousreply 208December 6, 2019 1:27 AM

Didn't Trump 'coerce' and 'bribe' Stormy Daniels, Shera Bechard and others to not tattle on him about affairs? Didn't he 'obstruct' Karen McDougall from telling her story? 'Couldn't it be 'forgery' that Cohen made-up a fake name for Trump to hide behind on the legal documents?

Didn't he 'intimidate' all of them with nasty tweets?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 6, 2019 1:36 AM

trump is an obvious criminal not fit for public office. He belongs in prison. It sickens me that so many are still propping him up. What a terrible message this all sends to the youth of today.

I've studied Chinese history. They have a pattern of cycling through repeated scenarios through the ages. First, a good leader where prosperity and well being prevails followed by years of deteriorating conditions that lead to despotism and tyranny. Then the tyranny collapses and good leadership takes over again. Each epoch and last hundreds of years and history keeps repeating itself.

The US is a young country compared to China. The same thing can happen here and it really frightens me. What if the despots win? They're stacking the courts and scrambling reality. Lies prevail over truths in their minds. It could get a whole lot worse before it gets better. If we don't get trump out and soon this country will be destroyed. I really can't take much more of this. I can't leave, I have elderly family.

I can't abide the craven repuke liars much longer. May they all rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 210December 6, 2019 1:57 AM

NBC:

GOP senator, at White House's request, blocks Armenian genocide resolution

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 6, 2019 2:07 AM

NYT:

Trump Officials Dispute Some Giuliani Call Logs in Bid to Weaken Democrats’ Case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212December 6, 2019 2:18 AM

Politico:

Senate Republicans puncture House GOP dreams for impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213December 6, 2019 2:20 AM

Do you think the one person Pres Bone Spurs is really afraid of is Nancy? It appears so........

Of everybody, she seems to get under his orange skin the most.

by Anonymousreply 214December 6, 2019 3:06 AM

Trump is afraid of ANYONE who stands up to him and doesnt back down....or who isnt corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 215December 6, 2019 3:18 AM

Senator Lindsey Spit-Roast Graham. Yell it out when you see him. Senator Spit-Roast.

by Anonymousreply 216December 6, 2019 3:45 AM

[quote]Trump Challenges ‘Do Nothing Democrats’: ‘If You Are Going to Impeach Me, Do it Now, Fast’

The Repugs want this to happen by Christmas. The Dems need to slow the fuck down for the reasons I stated at R116. I really don't understand the rush. It's giving the Repugs talking points and is ultimately helping them by allowing them to get the trial over with as far away as possible from the election. We aren't getting a second chance at this.

Is there a chance that they will write up a bunch of articles of impeachment concerning everything to do with Ukraine and then put them in a folder. Then, start the next round of impeachment hearings on all the other crimes and then add those to the folder and not take an actual impeachment vote until Spring? If this is all over by February, we will have lost the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 217December 6, 2019 4:06 AM

Well, for every Republican Armenian POS out there, you never thought that America would side with the Turk, now.

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 218December 6, 2019 5:05 AM

Trump is really terrified of certain women. Not of Hillary. Not of Elizabeth Warren. but he is on his tippy-toes when it comes to Nancy Pelosi, and he never said anything negative about Kamala Harris, not even when she was deemed the next biggest thing when she first kicked off her campaign. I don't see much of a difference between those four women in terms of their capabilities. I would say he stayed away from Kamala because of her race, but he goes after Maxine Walters. Maybe he's terrified that the Italian Nancy Pelosi has mob connections?

by Anonymousreply 219December 6, 2019 6:54 AM

The longer impeachment stretches out, the more likely that the American public is going to get fed up and agree with the Republicans to just wait for the election.

by Anonymousreply 220December 6, 2019 9:00 AM

r220, LOL. All the general public will do is see how the Republican Party condones Trump's criminal and traiterous actions. The only thing they will agree with the Republicans is that the Deep State is real with the Deep State being the GOP. And of course they will take action and vote the Republicans out of office ... if Putin let those election results stand and doesn't alter them.

by Anonymousreply 221December 6, 2019 9:17 AM

Both Pelosi and Kamala intimidate him, r219. Neither gives a fuck about his name calling and he cannot touch them. Ever.

Clinton thought she has to "go high" with that shitgibbon so she pulled her punches on him when she should've just kicked him in testicles repeatedly. Hell, after the first kick, he would have shut his pie hole and cried.

But she didn't. She thought that if she behaved as an adult and ignored him, the American people would be intelligent enough to see him for the fraud he is.

But Pelosi scares him because he knows she has him by the balls and she can squeeze at any time and make his head explode but he cannot lay a glove on her.

And Kamala has shown she just doesn't give a fuck and will cut anyone for any reason. He can't touch her, either.

They both remind him of his mom who never liked him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 222December 6, 2019 9:30 AM

Trump needs to control everybody around him. He picks bootlickers, asskissers, and agenda driven crazies who are not a direct threat to him and his agenda but can be very useful to him. Those are his "best people".

He is scared of those he can't control, because they see right through him and his scheming ways to screw others over to get more out of the deals than the other parties involved. Because in his world you either screw (win big) or get screwed (lose big).

by Anonymousreply 223December 6, 2019 9:41 AM

"All roads lead to Putin".

by Anonymousreply 224December 6, 2019 10:07 AM

[Quote]The longer impeachment stretches out, the more likely that the American public is going to get fed up and agree with the Republicans to just wait for the election.

Isn't it amazing that our attention spans and annoyance levels are so delicate now, that we can't pay attention to one of the most important procedures in political history for more than 6 weeks and instead "the American public" gets easily annoyed, wants to move on and is eagerly awaiting the next scandal instead of really getting to the bottom of this one. Also so many other distractions with social media, Love Island, Dancing with the Stars and football season etc. that we can't be bothered with a corrupt president anymore.

by Anonymousreply 225December 6, 2019 10:15 AM

Giuliani, Barr, etc. are still soliciting foreign interference while the House is undertaking impeachment.

This corrupt administration is being flagrant about it now, knowing Republicans in Congress will not counter Trump, regardless. From embezzlement to bribes to spit roasting, with lies, cult pandering, fear, and Faux News nastiness, Not one Republicans in the House and Senate will seriously confront Trump on record.

by Anonymousreply 226December 6, 2019 10:52 AM

[quote]Well, for every Republican Armenian POS out there, you never thought that America would side with the Turk, now.

I lived in Glendale, CA during the election - huge Armenian population for those who aren’t familiar with the area.

On election day, in the polling place, young, dumb motherfucker whisper-chanted “Trump, Trump, Trump” as he exited his voting stall. Armenian.

The whole city is awash with Armenian flags around the anniversary of the Armenian genocide. They also adore Trump and the Kardashians.

Hope this revelation is like a kick in the gut to them.

by Anonymousreply 227December 6, 2019 11:01 AM

Tom Nichols:

John Bolton could hold up a picture of Mick Mulvaney with a gun to Zelensky's head while providing a Trump tax return that says "1099s from V. V. Putin" and it wouldn't change a thing about this impeachment.

Dems will say "We knew it"

Republicans will say "This means nothing."

Carlson and Ingraham will say "Deep State provocation."

Half the American public will say "We got dragged through six more months for THIS?"

Trump will say: "Go fuck yourself."

This is the GOP plan, for crissakes. They *want* it to drag out for as long as possible. They don't care what's finally revealed because *it won't matter*

Impeach Trump. Have hearings aimed at sending the rest of his goon squad to prison. But stop waiting for the Magic Key.

by Anonymousreply 228December 6, 2019 11:53 AM

WELL WELL SAID R223, R225 AND R228!

as nicole wallace said "their could be a naked dead russian hooker on the white house lawn and the repubs would do nothing"!...

it's a rush when this has been going on for nearly a year? either way, the dems can't win, meaning, if they do it quote 'quickly" the rebubs will say they are rushing it, if they take it slow, the repubs will say "all this time and money spent for what!"...

"F" off repubs! and that includes Turley who thinks and thought getting a blowjob and lying about it was a high crime, misdemeanor and a threat to our country, but is okay with the MOUNTAIN RANGE of evidence, proof, witnesses under oath and so on against trump!

by Anonymousreply 229December 6, 2019 12:32 PM

This Trump 24 hours News Cycle is pretty funny and accurate. Orange hippo makes up some shit and they all go crazy. Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 6, 2019 12:52 PM

Unfortunately, R230, Trump will be able to crow about the good jobs report that just dropped this morning, pretending that (a) his fat crooked ass had anything at all to do with it and (b) that this is the real reason why the Dems are trying to impeach him. (And yes, I know news that people are working more is of course a wonderful thing, it's just that the Orange Shitstain is going to get credit for it when we all know that it's still really Obama's economy and Dump has just been enjoying the ride.)

by Anonymousreply 231December 6, 2019 1:08 PM

Dems are damned if they do, damned if they don't move quickly on impeachment. Do it too fast and shit fizzles out and the Repugs have fodder to throw out during the election season. If they go slow and steady, impeachment fatigue kicks in and the Repugs exploit that. I personally feel this is a fucking emergency because the election is being compromised AGAIN, RIGHT NOW in front of our faces and the proper fucking thing cannot be done.

by Anonymousreply 232December 6, 2019 2:35 PM

Someone on one of the shows last night suggested Nancy Pelosi, for leverage, can keep the articles of impeachment in the House somehow and stall until the election is over. Obviously, the idea/hope is that Dems take over the Senate in November and Trump is toast (if the election doesn't wipe him out first). The Repubs would go ape shit if Pelosi goes this route.

by Anonymousreply 233December 6, 2019 2:41 PM

^ I don't think it is necessary to wait that long. I'm pretty sure he's already working on his next impeachable offences. I mean he was already in the middle of his Ukraine bribery/smear campaign while Mueller was still testifying in Congress.

If Trump wins a second term, he could be the first president who was impeached twice by the House.

by Anonymousreply 234December 6, 2019 2:47 PM

Once Trump has been impeached by the House, more people will want to see Trump removed - the old "where there's smoke, there's fire" theory. People who haven't been paying attention will see that this is serious business.

by Anonymousreply 235December 6, 2019 2:58 PM

Once the Senate refuses to address Trump's actual crimes and creates some silly "what about (Joe Biden?)" distraction and then refuse to convict it's over for the GOP. Only Putin can save them then, And if Putin does rig the election, I think that's the time the guilotines will come out since justice cannot come through constitutional means.

by Anonymousreply 236December 6, 2019 3:03 PM

You know, it's frustrating to see a lack of adequate responses to the complaint that this is going "too fast." I wish someone on these shows that offer commentary, would remind people that the Mueller investigation is part of this, and it has been going on since then. Because one thing the Mueller report did emphasize, is the foreign interference in our election in 2016. He also included a warning that we had better address it or it would happen again, and in fact, there are cyber attacks occurring even now.

We 've been trying to get McConnell and the Senate to act to secure our elections, and to stop foreign interference for almost two fucking years, ever since 17 U.S. Intel agencies confirmed Russia did it. So now, once again, Trump and his minions are inviting foreign interference in our elections and they were busted in the act. And he made that fucking "do me a favor" phone call the day after Mueller released the report.

He's been sending his Attorney General and his Secretary of State on a fucking scavenger hunt all over Europe trying to manufacture "evidence" that the Mueller Report is a lie, that Russia didn't interfere in 2016, that it was Ukraine. And then, he asks Ukraine to announce a phony investigation of his political rivals.... after saying Ukraine interfered? Really? Who thinks of this bullshit? I mean. Really.

Who is his strategist? Because this is something out of a movie, a comedy. I wonder if he & Rudy sit around with Sean Hannity and come up with this shit? Pompeo and Barr are clowns. I guess we ought to be grateful for one thing. These people are incompetent. If they were smarter we'd be fucked.

Once we get through this we have to change back the rules to stop the Sinclairs, and the Fox "News" and the social media disinformation campaigns. No more. We need to look at what other countries, our allies have done to expose them and stop them. FCC regs need to change. Permanently.

by Anonymousreply 237December 6, 2019 3:13 PM

The thing is, they have a captive and loyal "audience" who'll believe them and back them up on anything. They pull these shady and out right criminal moves, offer flimsy reasoning, and their base is totally fine with it. They have a media infrastructure in place to brainwash the gullible base.

by Anonymousreply 238December 6, 2019 3:37 PM

Media-ite:

Parnas Attorney Openly Mocks Devin Nunes for Saying He Can’t Recall Conversations: ‘Lev Remembers’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 6, 2019 4:23 PM

Law & Crime:

Adam Schiff: President Trump ‘Doesn’t Give a Sh*t’ About What’s Good for America

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 6, 2019 4:24 PM

Lev Parnas' lawyer is trolling Devin Nunes on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 241December 6, 2019 4:28 PM

I'm gonna SUE!!!!! You gonna get sued, you gonna get sued, and YOU gonna get SUUUUUUUUUED!

by Anonymousreply 242December 6, 2019 4:35 PM

Washington Post:

More than 500 law professors say Trump committed ‘impeachable conduct’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 6, 2019 5:37 PM

Helpful chart from Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 6, 2019 6:38 PM

Supposedly (Twitter), the Trump campaign said in a private meeting that they're going to spend $900 million on Facebook ads.

by Anonymousreply 245December 6, 2019 6:56 PM

Miss Lindsey keeps exclaiming alarms about "Salem Witches"!

Those old hags are threatening this damsel in distress.

Her "daddy" is going to slay then, there witches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 6, 2019 7:12 PM

Reuters:

White House vows response to Democratic deadline in Trump impeachment drive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247December 6, 2019 7:15 PM

Battle Creek Enquirer: Trump to hold 'Merry Christmas' rally in Battle Creek

Get the money UPFRONT, Battle Creek!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248December 6, 2019 7:18 PM

Daily Beast:

Nikki Haley: Confederate Flag Just Meant ‘Sacrifice and Heritage’ Until Dylann Roof ‘Hijacked’ It

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249December 6, 2019 7:28 PM

Unusual slow news day today. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 250December 6, 2019 7:31 PM

Politico: House passes voting rights package aimed at restoring protections

Republicans have largely dismissed the legislation as a messaging bill, and House Judiciary ranking member Doug Collins (R-Ga.) pointed out that the White House has threatened to veto the measure, though he added he was willing to work with Democrats on other improvements.

“We do not in this body vote on ideas. We do not vote on thoughts. We vote on words on paper. And the words on paper here do not fulfill what is being said about this bill,” Collins said on the floor prior to the vote.

Still, Republicans took pains to emphasize that their opposition was not to voting rights on the whole, calling the package an attempt at forcing control over state and local elections into the hands of the federal government.

The Voting Rights Advancement Act is key plank in House Democrats’ legislative agenda — one of a series of bills they campaigned on in their successful effort to take back the House in 2018.

And the package is one of a number of election-related bills the House has passed this year, following its sweeping package of election and campaign finance reforms approved this spring and a foreign election interference bill passed last month.

Democratic leaders have long planned to vote again on key pieces of that bill in a bid to put pressure on Republicans while reminding the public about a signature proposal.

But the legislation, like many of the marquee messaging bills the House has already passed this year tackling gun violence, climate change and election interference, will be ignored by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who has boasted about being the “grim reaper” for Democrats’ legislative priorities.

“We have 400 bills sitting on Mitch McConnell's desk,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi said during a CNN town hall Thursday night. “And he keeps saying, ‘All they do is impeach’ — no, we have 400 bills, 275 of them are bipartisan bills.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 6, 2019 7:39 PM

^ the last two paragraphs...!

But the legislation, like many of the marquee messaging bills the House has already passed this year tackling gun violence, climate change and election interference, will be ignored by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who has boasted about being the “grim reaper” for Democrats’ legislative priorities.

“We have 400 bills sitting on Mitch McConnell's desk,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi said during a CNN town hall Thursday night. “And he keeps saying, ‘All they do is impeach’ — no, we have 400 bills, 275 of them are bipartisan bills.”

by Anonymousreply 252December 6, 2019 7:42 PM

ANYONE HERE on youtube EVER seen the youtube channel and videos of someone/something called "that's the point with brandon"....

asshole nutjob! HUGE MAGA supporter who wears the actual hat, and then who bum rushes, adam schiff, mayor pete on the street and so on! throwing out insults, demanding them stop and answer his questions and calls them out of hear shot of course cowards and scumbags and liars!

he's insane! someone who got a hold of a microphone and thinks he's now a reporter/journalist, political media power player?!

what's even more unbelievable are the many posted replies! THAT IS SOME SCARY STUFF THAT THEIR ARE THAT MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THIS COUNTRY WHO THINK LIKE THIS!...

not sure how i even got a video from this channel in the first place on youtube, other then i do watch alot of political videos

by Anonymousreply 253December 6, 2019 7:48 PM

Reuters:

Trump asks Supreme Court to stop banks from disclosing his financial data

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 6, 2019 7:50 PM

AND YET, EVERYWHERE ON FOX NEWS AND EVERY RIGHT WING MEDIA OUTLET , will go on and on and on and on and on and on about how the dems are not doing ANYTHING, that their not doing anything for the "american people" (they love love to throw that whistle out there, "the american people" or something akin to that), not doing anything on infrastructure, pharm pricing, and so on....

AND SO MANY ARE TOO DAMN STUPID to look into this or even REALIZE that it's the house that creates and passes bills and it's up to the senate to vote on them! repubs are laughing at and counting on the stupidity of their followers to either be too lazy to find out the truth, too stupid to believe otherwise and too uneducated to know how things are done!..

it's one thing to at least be somewhat honest and say the dems are passing bills in the house but they are not good or won't work or whatever, it's another thing to say that the dems are NOT DOING ANYTHING! THAT IS A OUTRAGEOUS OFF THE CHARTS OUTRIGHT LIE!

AND PURE EVIL TO SAY THIS!

by Anonymousreply 255December 6, 2019 7:53 PM

The more Nikki Haley talks, the more unlikeable she becomes.

by Anonymousreply 256December 6, 2019 8:01 PM

The Hill:

Georgia ready for unpredictable Senate race

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 6, 2019 8:12 PM

Graham's 'Salem Witches':

So according to Lindsey Graham's analogy, House Democrats are like hysterical, Puritanical Massachusetts colonists in 1692-93; and Trump is similar to the falsely accused Bridget Bishop; with other falsely accused witches being Pompeo, Mulvaney, Perry, Pence, and Giuliani.

Lindsey, this is an embarrassment for the University of South Carolina School of Law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258December 6, 2019 8:13 PM

[quote]Get the money UPFRONT, Battle Creek!!!

That's what I always tell my Amber!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 6, 2019 8:18 PM

Trump is not being treated worse than Salem witches.

by Anonymousreply 260December 6, 2019 8:25 PM

^ If only we could crush Trump to death with a bunch of rocks

by Anonymousreply 261December 6, 2019 8:36 PM

Reuters:

White House tells Democrats it will not participate in Trump impeachment hearing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 6, 2019 8:52 PM

Fugitive former Ukrainian parliament member who claimed to have dirt on Hunter Biden arrested in Germany

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263December 6, 2019 8:52 PM

In a letter to Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, White House counsel Pat Cipollone called the Democrats' impeachment inquiry "completely baseless" and said that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had ordered Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment "before your committee has heard a single shred of evidence."

"We don’t see any reason to participate because the process is unfair," said a senior administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity. "We haven’t been given any fair opportunity to participate. The speaker has already announced the predetermined result and they will not give us the ability to call any witnesses."

by Anonymousreply 264December 6, 2019 8:53 PM

[quote] The speaker has already announced the predetermined result and they will not give us the ability to call any witnesses."

Speaker Pelosi has said on numerous occasions that tRump should divulge whatever evidence he has that exonerates him.

Thus far, . . . . crickets.

by Anonymousreply 265December 6, 2019 9:10 PM

The Hill:

Duncan Hunter announces plan to resign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 6, 2019 9:51 PM

HEARD AND SAW THIS today as i was flipping channels on fox news business channel, trish regan i think that was the snotty female anchor's name said that 2 of adam schiff's staff had contacts with a think tank that was partly paid for by burisma! ha ha! so there is it folks! schiff is the one whose bad and guilty was the premise of this story.

by Anonymousreply 267December 6, 2019 9:56 PM

[QUOTE] whose bad

Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 268December 6, 2019 10:11 PM

Washington Post:

White House tells House Democrats to end impeachment inquiry, less than an hour before deadline for Trump to agree to participate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 6, 2019 10:21 PM

^

A White House spokesman said Friday that Trump “welcomes” a Senate trial and wants to offer “serious witnesses,” including the anonymous whistleblower who sparked the impeachment inquiry, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) and the Bidens. What witnesses ultimately come forward in the Senate will depend largely on the senators themselves, since they will determine how, procedurally, an impeachment trial is structured.

“If it goes there, he wants a trial,” the spokesman, Hogan Gidley, said on Fox News. “It they’re going to do this, if the Democrats want this fight, it’s something the president is willing to have.”

by Anonymousreply 270December 6, 2019 10:23 PM

The Hill:

Supreme Court halts subpoena to Deutsche Bank for Trump financial records

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 6, 2019 10:26 PM

Wouldn't John Roberts have the right to deny witnesses that have no relevant information?

by Anonymousreply 272December 6, 2019 10:30 PM

Between now and when the Senate takes on the trial, Trump will commit one or more outrageous acts, and new revelations about his scandals will get disclosed. Senate Republicans are hoping Trump will behave himself in the meantime, but that ain't happening. They have no control of him.

by Anonymousreply 273December 6, 2019 10:32 PM

The fact that Giuliani is still over in Ukraine working for the President should tell Senate Republicans that things are only going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 274December 6, 2019 10:43 PM

Unfair!!!

Wahhh!

So mean!!!!

by Anonymousreply 275December 6, 2019 10:48 PM

I just hope the Democrats keep getting on tv throughout the day every fucking day to reiterate why Trump needs to be impeached

the repubs and Fox "News"/other ring wing media are RELENTLESS in projecting everything onto Democrats that they and Trump have actually done.

Now it's "an abuse of power" for the House Democrats to hold an impeachment inquiry? but it's in the constitution. Federalist Society is so idiotic and hypocritical

the repubs are imitating the Putin strategy of projection in tandem with minimization of any repub wrongdoing so they always paint the Democrats as the bad guys. It's absolutely vicious

by Anonymousreply 276December 6, 2019 10:51 PM

[quote] R217: Then, start the next round of impeachment hearings on all the other crimes and then add those to the folder and not take an actual impeachment vote until Spring?

There are Dem Senators running for President who need to get back on the stump.

Besides, on your schedule, they won’t have a Senate until August or September. By then, Trump will have already gotten every country in the UN to meddle in the election, and everyone will be complaining that it’s taking too long, the election is just a few months away anyway, etc.

They have enough to convict now. You can’t double-dog convict someone. If they don’t convict with what they already have, then they wouldn’t convict in any circumstance.

A “delay” is the Republicans’ best friend, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 277December 6, 2019 10:55 PM

yeah as Jamie Raskin said the other day, unfortunately there's so much evidence that they won't fully be able to investigate and deal with. They have to act now. The more they wait the better it is for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 278December 6, 2019 10:58 PM

If the Senators don't vote to remove Trump, then the next time a child dies in government custody, any Senator who voted to keep Trump will be held to blame. The next time a mass shooter walks into a Walmart and cites Trump as an inspiration, any Senator who voted to keep Trump will be held to blame. The next time a farmer commits suicide because of Trump's trade wars, any Senator who voted to keep Trump will be held to blame.

by Anonymousreply 279December 6, 2019 11:01 PM

If this solely involved crimes committed in in the past, some delay might be acceptable. But Trump is actively committing crimes right now; he’s still trying to get foreign help in the 2020 election. Delay helps him.

by Anonymousreply 280December 6, 2019 11:07 PM

There’s a story in the NYT about a mobster whose lawyers are arguing that he’s insane based on his beliefs in QAnon and other right-wing conspiracy theories.

I can’t link it here, but it’s interesting reading.

by Anonymousreply 281December 6, 2019 11:32 PM

WP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282December 7, 2019 12:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 7, 2019 12:34 AM

Democrats should adopt a Republican tactic with this guy. Primary him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 7, 2019 12:42 AM

The Boston Globe editorial board comes out for impeachment.First major metropolitan newspaper to do so?

by Anonymousreply 285December 7, 2019 1:05 AM

Impeach the president - The Boston Globe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286December 7, 2019 1:05 AM

Look. Trump has NEVER been accountable. He has contempt for the Law, for Government, and for the courts. He thinks it's all a game. He believes he can beat this and fuck Congress. To him they're a joke. The fact that Graham, McConnell, Ryan and all the others have enabled him has allowed him to convince himself he can ignore this.That's why he is fighting back and he is so belligerent. It's what he knows how to do. It always worked before. He'd intimidate people, mock them, humiliate them, threaten them, lie, and do every dirty underhanded thing he can get away with. In all of this, the one incident that sticks out in my mind is how unsafe Ambassador Iovanivich felt. How he said bad things would happen to her, and how she felt threatened.He sounded like a Mobster. I hate to say this. I dio.But if something bad happens to him I will be glad. I will be relieved.

by Anonymousreply 287December 7, 2019 1:06 AM

We need to hold the entire Republican Party responsible for this asshole forever, and that ain't gonna be easy. This country has the attention span of a flea. But it should be possible. With all these allegedly brilliant marketers, and messengers, and branders, and advertisers and campaigners and podcasters and commentators and all the rest of that shit, the Democratic Party must have SOMEBODY who knows how to tie the Republican Party to this walking piece of shit. They have all proven that they are perfectly happy to be his whores and slaves throughout his presidency. I know a lot plan to just forget all about that when he is gone, as they did with W, the last disastrous Republican president, but there must be a way to prevent that. This bitch should be tied around their necks until the end of time.

by Anonymousreply 288December 7, 2019 1:18 AM

Isn’t Trump back to being as disliked as ever? Closer to 30% than 40% popularity? With his approval ratings, he really must be a magician if he is competitive in 2020, if he runs again.

by Anonymousreply 289December 7, 2019 1:23 AM

unfortunately the morons who still like him are scattered in all the right places. He should lose badly by all logic, but it will still be a tough fight. I am still hopeful, just because as much as there is a stubborn base (and I think it is more 40 percent than 30 percent), there is also a stubborn group, more like 53 percent, that hate him no matter what. Normally, unemployment rate and economic indicators actually matter in presidential races. With this bitch, I'm not sure they will matter one tiny bit.

by Anonymousreply 290December 7, 2019 1:25 AM

SOMEBODY TELL MOTHER SHE NEEDS TO START PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!

Schiff has contacted Pence demanding he declassify his phone call with Zelensky

Jennifer Williams was asked about this call during the televised hearing and her lawyer said she couldn't answer since Pence had classified the call. She was able to submit written testimony.

Mikey gonna start sweating too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 7, 2019 1:29 AM

The only way Trump wins is if they rig the election again...and you can bet your ass they will.

by Anonymousreply 292December 7, 2019 1:36 AM

He”s now complaining about low-flush toilets. What a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 293December 7, 2019 1:44 AM

Pence always somehow flies under the radar. He's Vice President; surely he knows everything about everything. And if he doesn't, then he's negligent.

by Anonymousreply 294December 7, 2019 1:45 AM

Ari Melber....

'He’s Going Down’: Trump Impeachment Defense Shredded As Ukraine Still Missing Key Funding | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 7, 2019 1:57 AM

R294 it's because he's much more mild mannered. Trump with all his antics and horrible displays suck up all the attention allowing Pence to slip by. Schiff is onto him now though.

by Anonymousreply 296December 7, 2019 2:25 AM

R293, that’s a popular Red State trope, even among those who haven’t flushed a toilet in 20 years.

They also hate them thar fancy new light bulbs, too.

by Anonymousreply 297December 7, 2019 2:25 AM

They hate the government telling them to do anything, can we have the feds tell them to vote?

by Anonymousreply 298December 7, 2019 2:28 AM

Did you hear Atty General William Barr’s implicit threat that, if people don’t start showing police the respect he thinks they deserve, then the police might not be there for them?

Who could imagine he was such a fascist when he was Senate confirmed? It’s a protection racket, he’s saying. It’s not “we, the people”, it’s “we, our supporters”. Fuck them!

by Anonymousreply 299December 7, 2019 2:58 AM

The Hill:

Trump denies report that he still uses personal cell phone for calls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 7, 2019 3:07 AM

AFP:

Trump takes aim at problem of toilets flushed '15 times'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 7, 2019 3:09 AM

this was posted on Twitter this morning.

The Dow has grown by 6.5% over the last two years.

That is below the 10% average.

GDP growth is plummeting.

Record farming bankruptcies.

Manufacturing contracting.

Record bailouts.

Losing trade wars.

Don’t believe a word Trump says about the economy.

by Anonymousreply 302December 7, 2019 3:11 AM

Schiff stated that there may be a great body of evidence available in the Senate that is not available to us today.

Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy says 1 to 5 republican senators have told him they are open to voting to convict.

I think that some morning, there will be no Republican votes, and then there will be a cascade throughout the day, ending with 9-10 against, by 11 pm. They might need something dramatically bad to justify coming out. They might even orchestrate it that way, to seem spontaneous. As in, “I was a staunch defender of the President but these checks from Putin’s bank account to Trump that surfaced today, written with ink made from urine, well it’s just too much.”

by Anonymousreply 303December 7, 2019 3:12 AM

r299 - from CBS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 7, 2019 3:18 AM

R302, my Roth is up exactly 10% over two years, which surprised me because I moved to more conservative investments.

I heard a pro talking today on TV who said that nobody can really explain why the market is doing so well. One thing I will mention, the Fed announced a few months ago that they were going to do some stealth quantitative easing. I’m not sure how. (They had been unwinding the prior QE by simply not replacing bonds that the Fed owned that were maturing. Previously, when bonds matured, they were replacing them to keep the total amount owned stable.) So, I guess they resumed replacing the bonds as the old ones expired. I don’t know if they started adding to their balance sheet with new bond purchases, or not. In any event, this would tend to raise stock prices.

Also, emergency farm subsidies to offset the tariff damage should help, too.

Some day, when inflation starts increasing, it will not be pretty. It’s one force that could erode everyone’s 401k value in a way that may not be immediately obvious.

by Anonymousreply 305December 7, 2019 3:29 AM

Zelensky's favorability numbers are going down. Surprise. Ukrainians feel, after watching him capitulate and plan to make an announcement about a fake investigation of the Bidens- that he's the same old same old: corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 306December 7, 2019 3:53 AM

[quote]Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy says 1 to 5 republican senators have told him they are open to voting to convict.

Well, is it 1 or 5? That's a big difference.

by Anonymousreply 307December 7, 2019 6:10 AM

R306 which sadly again favors fucking Putin. Zelensky will surely be challenged next election by a pro-Russian politician

had Hillary been elected he'd be seen as popular and aligned with a strong nation

oh those damn deplorables just ruin everything don't they

by Anonymousreply 308December 7, 2019 10:02 AM

Lindseygrad, the young Mr. Grassley, and GOP's favorite 'johnson', as Senate chars. collectively embark on a Pootie conspiracy theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309December 7, 2019 10:20 AM

Washington Post:

As impeachment tide swirls around Trump, Giuliani drops anchor in Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 7, 2019 1:41 PM

USA Today:

Saudi Arabia 'greatly angered' by Pensacola Navy base shooting, Trump says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311December 7, 2019 1:43 PM

Reuters:

Democrats to spend weekend drafting impeachment charges against Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 7, 2019 2:02 PM

The Guardian: Private border wall construction continues despite court order

WBTW is a not-for-profit group that has crowd-funded millions of dollars by tapping into anti-migrant fervor and is led by former White House advisor Steve Bannon as chairman of its advisory board. Kolfage has described migrants as terrorists and drug traffickers, and accuses border wall critics as being cartel collaborators.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313December 7, 2019 2:28 PM

USA Today:

Nixon, Clinton, Trump: Why is the political 'fire extinguisher' of impeachment more common?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314December 7, 2019 2:32 PM

You mean those idiots who built a section of wall that wasn’t even on the actual border?

by Anonymousreply 315December 7, 2019 3:40 PM

Meanwhile in North Korea....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316December 7, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote] R307: Well, is it 1 or 5? That's a big difference.

He’s not telling. And if it’s so big, please explain the difference.

by Anonymousreply 317December 7, 2019 4:17 PM

R317 4

by Anonymousreply 318December 7, 2019 4:25 PM

R321, I am disappointed that they might only make two articles of impeachment. They need to have one or more for the Senators to quash, and then agree to the others.

If the Republicans get Hunter Biden to testify under subpoena, the Dems might want to consider subpoenaing the Trump children. If it’s a circus, make it a three ring circus.

by Anonymousreply 319December 7, 2019 4:28 PM

R318, 4 is a good start.

by Anonymousreply 320December 7, 2019 4:29 PM

Did Bill Clinton get revenge on anyone who voted to impeach or remove him?

I guess he made Gingrich exit Air Force one via the rear door, but he did get to ride in the first place. Gingrich subsequently made a fuss and appeared to be a fool, so it worked well for Bill.

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 321December 7, 2019 5:45 PM

Oh, heck. MSNBC thinks the floor vote on impeachment will be 12/20. That’s the date of my family holiday party including two siblings who are Deplorables. My brother seems to have Aspergers and will probably bring up politics. Then, when asked not to discuss politics, he is likely to ask “why?”, which of course, is talking politics.

by Anonymousreply 322December 7, 2019 5:55 PM

Newt the slob has always been and continues to be a fool.

by Anonymousreply 323December 7, 2019 5:58 PM

R319 even if they did that, do you think the 3 oldest Trump children would even end up testifying? They would likely ignore the subpoena and Barr wouldn't punish them.

by Anonymousreply 324December 7, 2019 6:10 PM

R325, they might, but I think Congress could send its “Sargent at arms”.

by Anonymousreply 325December 7, 2019 6:15 PM

[quote]...even if they did that, do you think the 3 oldest Trump children would even end up testifying? They would likely ignore the subpoena and Barr wouldn't punish them.

Wouldn't the Chief Justice have a little more sway as the presiding judge? He can order arrest warrants against them, no?

by Anonymousreply 326December 7, 2019 6:20 PM

The Swiss negotiated the prisoner exchange. But Lindsey obviously communicates with spin & incompleteness. Any opening to suck up to Trump & Pompeo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327December 7, 2019 6:22 PM

I’d love it if they subpoenaed an appearance by Trump. The Republicans would hate it, but the Dems could sell it as their “get out of jail card”. Make Trump appear, he makes such a mess of things, the Republican Senators would have an understandable excuse to vote to remove him.

by Anonymousreply 328December 7, 2019 6:24 PM

anyone see that photo of Eric Trump supposedly in Ukraine floating around on twitter? Not sure when that was taken but yeah that should be investigated especially if it's in the last year

by Anonymousreply 329December 7, 2019 6:24 PM

Here’s a glaring glitch: Suppose Rudy finds some scalding info on either/both Bidens in Ukraine. By virtue of his own involvement, he has tainted it. You can’t present whatever he finds in court, for example. Rudy might “swear to the information’s veracity”, but when your client, Trump, is the biggest liar in the Western Hemisphere, what is that worth? Besides, that would require that a person’s personal lawyer take the stand. I’ve never heard of that ever happening.

As others say, the correct people to investigate is the FBI, not Rudy.

It makes me wonders if that’s what Rudy is doing at all. He might just be doing business. Or some other awful, unimaginable illegality.

by Anonymousreply 330December 7, 2019 6:40 PM

every time i see a photo of miss lindzey with kavanaugh, i think to myself ole lindzey is patiently waiting for the day when their alone and lindzey gets kavanaugh plastered out of his mind and passing out so he can have his way with him! no seriously i think this is on lindzey's mind!

by Anonymousreply 331December 7, 2019 8:05 PM

The Clinton impeachment was pure politics r314. There was absolutely no fear on any Republican's part that Clinton was a danger in any way shape or form. There was no fear that he was going to steal an election, sell out the United States, bend foreign policy or even domestic policy in any direction based on personal corruption. He fucked an intern. That was the big "Fear" and nobody truly gave a shit, except MAYBE Hillary. There was absolutely no reason anyone felt they just HAD to do this thing. None, at all.

For Nixon and Trump the calculation is totally different. Two corrupt, dishonest, dangerous presidents who could conceivably do anything to hold on to power.

They don't all belong in the same conversation. They just don't.

by Anonymousreply 332December 7, 2019 8:11 PM

One argument that might change some minds:

If Senators don’t vote to convict, they would be changing the Presidency forever. Including for Trump so second potential term.

I think we could get 20 Republicans to vote if this point is pressed.

by Anonymousreply 333December 7, 2019 8:14 PM

sadly, you could probably not get ANY argument to stick r333. Almost no Republican in the Senate gives a shit about the country, the constitution, right or wrong, their own political power (in this instance). nobody. Everyone just wants to get through this shit and hope they're not politically dead when it is done. No Republican Senator can be swayed by logic, by morality, by patriotism, really by anything except maybe fear. A couple, like Susan Collins or Lisa Murkowski, might actually fear for their seats if they vote to acquit this piece of shit. Most don't have that fear and will act accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 334December 7, 2019 8:19 PM

[quote]Did Bill Clinton get revenge on anyone who voted to impeach or remove him?

Speaking of revenge: Bill O'Reilly told Sean Hannity he had dinner with Trump at the White House this past week and O'Reilly said Trump is "so angry" about this impeachment that he's got big plans for revenge, especially if the Repugs can take back the House. O'Reilly said the first order of business for Trump is to cut off all assistance of any kind to California.

"It will be hell for progressives," if Trump has a Repug House & Senate, said O'Reilly.

by Anonymousreply 335December 7, 2019 8:24 PM

The GOP is now the Gang of Putin:

New polling finds that 46% of armed services households view Russia as an ally.

The percentage of Americans overall identifying Russia as an ally increased from 19% last year to 28% this year.

The pollsters found the positive views of Russia seemed to be “predominantly driven by Republicans who have responded to positive cues from President Trump about Russia."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336December 7, 2019 8:28 PM

Glad to know that damaging the US economy is at the top of Trump’s list, R335.

by Anonymousreply 337December 7, 2019 8:36 PM

And this is why this stupid vindictive cunt has no business being president. This right here. Even if he wasn't guilty of a crime, he would still need to go. Because he is a stupid, vindictive cunt with far too much power.

by Anonymousreply 338December 7, 2019 8:41 PM

I can’t imagine the Republicans take the 🏠. But a lot depends on how impeachment unfolds.

R335, that’s amazing, thanks.

I had asked about revenge, but I forgot, it’s clear Trump has already acted to attack the blue states, with his tax policy, and his tariffs.

by Anonymousreply 339December 7, 2019 8:59 PM

r339...Really ?!? The GOP is corrupt...and theyve pretty much already announced the fix is in for 2020...thats why none of them care...WHAT DO WE DO WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS ? It needs to be addressed NOW...not AFTER its happened.

by Anonymousreply 340December 7, 2019 9:08 PM

One thing EVERYBODY ought to count on...Trump is into revenge. Big time. He will hold a grudge for years and celebrate the misfortunes of anyone who has been on the wrong side of him. He is a true psychopath. No joke. He has a proven track record. and a very long shit list.

by Anonymousreply 341December 7, 2019 9:15 PM

Forgot to say that if the decision is taken to remove him don't fuck around with it. REMOVE him. Don't just impeach him. Put his ass out of office and prosecute him. Strip him of all his assets and put his ass in jail. Nothing less will be enough. Stop being so timid, GOP. YOu created this monster, now you have to help put him down before he destroys us. Because none of you will ever be important enough, no matter who you are, to become immune to his attacks. Every ends up under the bus eventually. Everyone. Just make sure he gets his turn. Soon.

by Anonymousreply 342December 7, 2019 9:18 PM

Normally, the Red and Blue states don’t attack each other. Most in DC know it’s a cyclical world.

Aside from spite, what’s the point of taking revenge? I suppose there is an intimidation factor. That would be real. Blue states might not capitulate, but they might think that arguing is just not worth the bother.

by Anonymousreply 343December 7, 2019 9:18 PM

R342, what worries me is if he survives impeachment. Reelection is a disaster, of course, but you remind me, if he loses, he then has almost 3 months to wreck havoc on the entire nation, and I think he will, deliberately. Once he learns that he can, he will. Blue and red states alike. He will pretend he’s not, but he will.

by Anonymousreply 344December 7, 2019 9:23 PM

Don't expect Trump or anyone who co-signs his behavior to do anything "typical" of politicians. He is a scorched earth kind of guy, and we have sat here for four years hoping somewhere someone would draw the line and stop him. We have asked "when is enough, enough?" and we have expected him to "change" and to "pivot." It is past time to recognize the monster were dealing with. Every damned Republican needs to understand it.

by Anonymousreply 345December 7, 2019 9:28 PM

Can everyone who thinks the Republican Party or the Republicans in the Senate care about anything but money or power, please punch yourself in the dick until this weird feeling goes away. No Republican is going to do shit about this. Not one. Not ever.

by Anonymousreply 346December 7, 2019 9:30 PM

The House Judiciary committe just released this document clarifying legally what impeachment is and is not. It's not a court case that can be one or lost. It's an instrument for removing an executive whose behavior is demonstrably against the Constitution and poses a credible danger to the country and its governance. Using the power of the Presidency to screw with the election in order to stay in power qualifies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 7, 2019 9:35 PM

And that's all well and good r347. Mitch McConnell doesn't give a shit. But it's nice to have all the legalities pulled together, so he can ignore them completely.

by Anonymousreply 348December 7, 2019 9:37 PM

Honestly, nobody thinks this is about what the actual law and the constitution and the Founders and morality and the Bible and sworn oaths and decency mean, do they? We're not that naive, are we? This is about a complete cunt who has taken over a political party, which was already a party of grifters and whores and con artists. We get that, don't we?

by Anonymousreply 349December 7, 2019 9:40 PM

RICO the Republicans and dissolve the party. No one now active can ever be involved again. Ban them. Fines, asset forfeiture, prison. That should do it.

by Anonymousreply 350December 7, 2019 9:43 PM

Or maybe just never, ever, ever vote Republican again. If you are tempted, punch yourself in the dick or vadge until the temptation passes. And everyone in the media, just start admitting this is a party of grifters and whores. Stop the both sides bullshit. Admit one side isn't a side at all.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 351December 7, 2019 9:46 PM

R331 Lindzey hits the sauce too, and not casually.

by Anonymousreply 352December 7, 2019 10:14 PM

First thing I've ever heard that makes me like him, r352

by Anonymousreply 353December 7, 2019 10:28 PM

GREAT LAST COMMENTS AND ALL TRUE..

by Anonymousreply 354December 7, 2019 10:33 PM

Pence is campaigning through the Midwest with what Republicans view as a celebrity: Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

'Mother', while you decorate the VP residence for the holidays, better keep an eye on that Arkansas diva.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355December 7, 2019 10:33 PM

In other news, Lev Parnas supposedly has texts that prove Devin Nunes' involvement

by Anonymousreply 356December 7, 2019 10:51 PM

The University of Arkansas Razorbacks football team is in lousy shape.

Now Miss Huck says she was "called" to run for Governor.

You can pay $50 for a general admission ticket to see her.

Poor Arkansas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357December 7, 2019 10:52 PM

Washington Post:

Republicans mount ad blitz on impeachment, making some vulnerable Democrats nervous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358December 7, 2019 11:05 PM

Politico:

Trump: Giuliani 'wants to go before Congress' about Ukraine trip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359December 7, 2019 11:06 PM

L.A. Times:

Report will clear FBI of misdeeds in Russia investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360December 7, 2019 11:11 PM

AP:

AP FACT CHECK: Trump and the people he forgets he knew

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361December 7, 2019 11:14 PM

God bless you for thinking of me, R355, but it would only give me pause if Miss Sarah were a slim-hipped, pancake-bottomed, flat-chested Asian lady. Boy, they've certainly turned my DH's head in the past — particularly the wicked temptresses in their Harry Potter glasses, bowl haircuts, and tiny scouting backpacks. Prayer and the God-given gift of steely self-discipline has gotten this through.

All things through Christ!

by Anonymousreply 362December 7, 2019 11:16 PM

CNN: 'We've gone this far': Farmers stick with Trump over trade

The situation looks bleak, and tariffs have hit other crops like corn and wheat, too. Many farmers have expressed frustration, and some have even said they no longer support the President. But farmers, a politically important group for Trump, are staying afloat -- largely thanks to Trump's bailout -- and that's keeping some on board with Trump's trade war.

"At this point, we've gone this far, we want to make sure we get a good deal," said Iowa farmer Grant Kimberley, who also serves as director of market development at the Iowa Soybean Association.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363December 7, 2019 11:18 PM

NUNES was on fox this morning say his phone records do not match up to the investigations? and that he only called rudy one time and only MIGHT have called parnes 1 time and didn't even know who he was really? hence the investigation's records are phony and made up and trying to frame him?

and as i posted earlier trish regan is that her dumb ass name i think was on fox business news saying that adam schiff has 2 staff workers with ties to some think tank in urkraine that is or was funded by burisma? is this at all remotely true? if so then what? or is this literally another conspiracy and outright lie!??!...

by Anonymousreply 364December 7, 2019 11:19 PM

Look. The Republicans have a ton of dirty money to put into ads. The Dems are crippled. We need to make sure the DNC has money for very specific markets. Target the ads and saturate the airwaves. People are fickle. The same ones who are leaningRed today because of ads will lean blue tomorrow. So timing and targeting are how to use a smaller war chest. But if you have some spare change find out which fund the DNC has earmarked for impeachment ads.And while your at it, let's try to shame Steyer and Bloomberg into doing some Anti Trump ads. If they're serious about running for PResident it can only help, right?

by Anonymousreply 365December 7, 2019 11:31 PM

[quote]He’s not telling. And if it’s so big, please explain the difference.

Because 1 Republican Senator voting with the Dems doesn't have much effect. If it's as many as 5, it sends a stronger message, even if it's not enough to convict.

by Anonymousreply 366December 7, 2019 11:57 PM

George Conway disses Melania. Now he qualifies to be an honorary DLer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 8, 2019 12:23 AM

Newsweek:

MELANIA SAYS CHILDREN SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF POLITICS, TWITTER REMINDS HER OF ALL THE KIDS HER HUSBAND CAGED

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 8, 2019 12:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 8, 2019 1:34 AM

R335, I started paying for earthquake insurance once he was elected. I figure if the Hayward Fault goes while he's in office California is screwed no matter what it will do to the economy.

by Anonymousreply 370December 8, 2019 1:57 AM

FYI, Ben Carson and HUD is sitting on aid money for Puerto rico.Still. It is illegal and it is shameful. I'm so fucking disgusted. Where is the outrage? We cannot be so numbed by all this that we stop expressing our outrage. This is not how I want my government to behave. We MUST let the Senators know. If it takes 2 million of us let's plan a march on the Senate. Raise Hell. Tell them to do their fucking Job. How dare they allow this.

by Anonymousreply 371December 8, 2019 2:05 AM

Ben Carson is such a dumb piece of shit. Loathsome, complicit asshole.

by Anonymousreply 372December 8, 2019 2:32 AM

Email links for 22 Republican Senators who are retiring or are up for reelection. For anyone who is interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373December 8, 2019 2:56 AM

Someone in the cabinet need only get him alone for a few minutes ,and then punch him in the gut. No one would believe him, if he ratted.

by Anonymousreply 374December 8, 2019 3:38 AM

Linda Ronstadt told off Mike Pompeo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375December 8, 2019 3:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376December 8, 2019 3:45 AM

In other news, Mike Huckabee is as much of a thin-skinned baby as Devin Nunes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377December 8, 2019 3:47 AM

isn't huckabee suppose to "turn the other cheek" due to his "cough cough, ahem" christian ways??!

by Anonymousreply 378December 8, 2019 4:21 AM

After all the nasty things Huckabee has said about others, he has no business complaining.

by Anonymousreply 379December 8, 2019 4:23 AM

Shouldn't God be very angry with Huckabee for putting his trust in a lawyer instead of the all powerful God to deal with such situations?

by Anonymousreply 380December 8, 2019 7:40 AM

God doesn't approve of private beachfront property, r380.

by Anonymousreply 381December 8, 2019 8:31 AM

I forget how long Cohen was investigated before his office was raided and he was arrested? I hope Giuliani's time is coming up soon

by Anonymousreply 382December 8, 2019 10:18 AM

She's a lady, oh, oh, oh, she's a lady....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 8, 2019 10:20 AM

Giuliani is in Ukraine desperately trying to find something that justifies himself so he doesn't get sent to prison.

I expect him to come back with a set of affidavits from former corrupt Ukrainian officials swearing they saw Hunter Biden doing something corrupt, then pay off the Ukranian prosecutors to look the other way. The Solomon writer guy who wrote The Hill article at the beginning of all this used a sworn statement from the corrupt former prosecutor (who later recanted).

by Anonymousreply 384December 8, 2019 10:29 AM

Why are news outlets not mentioning Fox News contributor, Kenn Starr's recent history in their stories about his opinions on impeahment?

Starr was fired as Baylor University President for his role in the cover-up of numerous sexual assault allegations committed by student athletes.

Women were victimized under his watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385December 8, 2019 10:45 AM

^impeachment (spelling error)

by Anonymousreply 386December 8, 2019 10:48 AM

Trump, speaking to the Israeli American Council: "You're not nice people at all, but you have to vote for me. You have no choice. You're not going to vote for Pocahontas, I can tell you that. You're not going to vote for the wealth tax!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387December 8, 2019 11:48 AM

I despise Republicans so much that I would like to see them all with their dicks in the dirt. I wish them pain and suffering forever.

by Anonymousreply 388December 8, 2019 11:57 AM

^Couple of months ago I still enjoyed reading Trump's daily tweets and rants and thought it was very entertaining and comical to watch him embarrass himself like that. I tried looking at his Twitter feed these last couple of weeks and always have to stop after a few minutes. It's just so utterly disgusting what lies and falsehoods the President of the United States posts and retweeted there every day. I just can't take it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 389December 8, 2019 12:21 PM

I've blocked Trump andI still get the full blast of his ore absurd tweets. If you've been paying attention for the past couple of weeks he is getting much worse. Not just the tweets but the incoherent babbling. He is demonstrably mentally ill. It is clear. He goes to these rallies, or he speaks at some event or at the press gaggle outside the White House and even his news conferences at the NATO or the G7 conferences, and before we could say, "Well he hasn't done his homework or been properly briefed," but now he is literally spouting nonsense. He is speaking on the level of a 5 year old. This is not just an embarrassment for our country. This is signalling the entire world that this man is insane. Clinically insane. This is a hoax being perpetrated by Putin who is laughing all the way to the bank, figuratively speaking. Putin has taken over America without firing a shot. He has his well placed operatives like Ryan, McConnell, Nunes, and a few others, he has judges, and has effectively manipulated the Alt Right the Evangelicals, etc. it's a fucking mess. While Clown Trump shits on the floors, We have guys like fucking Barr and Pompeo scurrying around doing Russia's bidding.

by Anonymousreply 390December 8, 2019 12:30 PM

Mike Huckabee apparently is involved in Ukraine too:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391December 8, 2019 12:32 PM

It's been three weeks since his mysterious Walter Reed visit. Something is definitely worse. I think he had to go off the stimulants he had been taking for decades and it's slowed his brain down.

by Anonymousreply 392December 8, 2019 12:34 PM

Honestly, why has nobody yet come up with a software or script that deletes everything Trump related? Like Firefox's add-on Adblock Plus that blocks (pop-up) ads?

So fucking over Trump and his pathetic attempts to distract.

by Anonymousreply 393December 8, 2019 12:34 PM

R393 first they need to make one that blocks all Tweets consisting of reaction gifs.

by Anonymousreply 394December 8, 2019 12:37 PM

one has to wonder why is a mike kuckabee in ukraine? for anything? for any reason??..

ken starr? he's a big ole PERV.. i mean this IS the man who felt is so so necessary to put in his clinton impeachment report every and i repeat EVERY SINGLE dirty sexual detail that went on between clinton and lewinsky! and he had to do this because????..

by Anonymousreply 395December 8, 2019 12:43 PM

Because they wanted to embarrass the president, if nothing else.

Ken Starr, if I remember correctly, was not the first person they brought in as an "independent investigator". The original one wouldnt give them the dirt they wanted.

It's rich to see him on TV arguing that Trump's blatantly illegal actions don't warrant impeachment, but Clinton's consensual affair did.

by Anonymousreply 396December 8, 2019 12:56 PM

R396.. yeah, clinton having consensual sex and getting a blowjob and lying about it rose to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors and a THREAT TO OUR COUNTRY, but the mountain height of mount everest of information and truth on trump doesn't! uh huh!

get the F*CK out of here starr and take turley with you!..

by Anonymousreply 397December 8, 2019 1:03 PM

It's so funny that even years after the Clinton impeachment young people thought that a bj wasn't really sex and not a big deal. One thing these conservative Republicans and evangelical Christians accomplished with their fake impeachment was a considerable lower morale among young people.

by Anonymousreply 398December 8, 2019 1:13 PM

NBC:

After Stephen Miller's white nationalist views outed, Latinos ask 'where's the GOP outrage?'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399December 8, 2019 2:24 PM

USA Today:

Emoluments: Trump's profits from private businesses to get hard look from federal appeals courts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400December 8, 2019 2:30 PM

NYT:

Behind the Scenes of Impeachment: Crammed Offices, Late Nights, Cold Pizza

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401December 8, 2019 2:37 PM

AP:

In Florida, Trump says he's Israel's best pal in White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402December 8, 2019 2:40 PM

^

The Israeli American Council is financially backed by one of Trump's top supporters, the husband-and-wife duo of Miriam and Sheldon Adelson, a Las Vegas casino magnate.

The Adelsons donated $30 million to Trump's campaign in the final months of the 2016 race. They followed up by donating $100 million to the Republican Party for the 2018 congressional elections.

by Anonymousreply 403December 8, 2019 2:42 PM

A lot going on with all these denials. Some of it is that once you become so invested in Trump or his version of Truth, you're reluctant to admit you were wrong. So they will keep hanging on even as this Titanic sinks. Now as for Huckabee and the Ukrainians...LOL...hard to keep a straight face isn't it... Putin 's main strategy was to some how merge the political interests of the Evangelicals and the Alt Right, and the fundamentalists.

That's what underpins the constituencies who hold up the political support for Trump at the "grassroots" level. Their beliefs and their dedication to those beliefs keeps them stupid, fearful, and easily manipulated. Huckabee knows this, he and others have been exploiting it for decades, but now they have Russian money backing them. Some may even be unaware they are being used in a "vast right wing conspiracy" but they are...and Hillary called it that back in the 90's.

Putin is even closer to some extremist Jewish orthodox rabbis, called the chabad, who have strong ties to organized crime in the U.S. and the oligarchs. It's quite an impressive network. and Putin sits on top like the puppetmaster accompanied by his army of former FSB/KGB thugs, former Israeli Mossad agents and other mercenary types. The internet and social media were made for the game Putin is playing. His "factories" of cyber criminals are very effective all over the world, especially in Europe and the US. And so economical. So much cheaper to mind fuck us in cyber war that the cost in blood and treasure of a shooting war.

by Anonymousreply 404December 8, 2019 2:44 PM

NYT:

For Trump, Instinct After Florida Killings Is Simple: Protect Saudis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405December 8, 2019 2:50 PM

Bet Trump is allowing MBS's goons to come here and track the missing Saudi guys who had dinner with the shooter the night before, and who traveled to NYC together for the Rock Center tree lighting....to have a look around. He'd rather they do it than have our FBI discover shit that he doesn't want to know. Things are so damned loose that a fucking cell could plan an attack, watching mass shootings together at a dinner party, and all on an American Naval base in the USA. Now, they've just walked out and are "missing in America." Trump will shit his pants on live TV if there's a terrorist attack and his Saudis don't stop it. He has been collaborating with bad actors and slime for so long and now he is a real threat to our security. We need to start making phone calls to Mitch and all the GOP Senators. We need to raise so much hell there is no where for them to hide.

by Anonymousreply 406December 8, 2019 2:56 PM

yeah they're not even trying to hide it any more r399. Just put a swastika on every piece of Republican literature and every poster for a Republican candidate. That's their party now.

by Anonymousreply 407December 8, 2019 2:58 PM

Why would the GOP call out Stephen Miller? He's right on brand for them.

by Anonymousreply 408December 8, 2019 3:01 PM

I was watching ABC's Sunday show. Today was the first time the roundtable admitted that the Dems and Republicans aren't going to vote in lockstep. Before today, the message was that all Senate Republicans were going to vote to keep Trump and not break ranks. Today, the panel acknowledged that there were Senate Republicans who were in trouble and might not vote for Trump. Chris Christie said that Trump could afford to lose 2, such as Susan Collins and Cory Gardner. But we know there are more than two Republicans who are in trouble, which suggests that Trump is the Titanic, and there's going to be a fight to see who is allowed into the lifeboat.

by Anonymousreply 409December 8, 2019 3:13 PM

Well, if Corey Gardner, Susan Collins are joined by Mittens, Lamar Alexander, and the two others who are retiring, and maybe Chuck Grassley and Mikulski,the woman from Alaska, and dare I hope Ben Sasse, then that's 8-9. We need 20. We won't get them. But getting 9-10 would be encouraging. I'm disappointed that Burr has been acting like a shit ass. He ought to be one of the ten Senators who join the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 410December 8, 2019 3:26 PM

These Trump supporters, particularly the late middle aged and conservative seniors, are glued to Fox News. They hear the propaganda, false narratives, and the debunked conspiracy theories peddled by Pootie and Republican politicians, many of them on the take and/or hiding their own scandals from being leaked by the network of Pootie lieutenants.

Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch head NewsCorp/Fox. Until these media tycoons are confronted and face financial, and perhaps legal repercussions, they are not changing. Fox's talking head pundits who inflame anger, hate, and generate flawed and distorted beliefs, are valued based on tv ratings and ads sold. Truth and protecting the U S. Constitution have no priority.

by Anonymousreply 411December 8, 2019 3:43 PM

it's true, r411, and on top of that, after decades of whoring for the rich, they are simply amoral. There is not going to be some big crisis of conscience for the vast majority of them. They will be ordered by their god-emperor, by their donors, by their crazed and stupid constituents to vote No on impeachment, and No they will vote. The only ones who might vote No are the ones who are terrified that a Yes will cost them their Senate seat, and incidentally I hope nobody falls for that shit. Vote out Collins, vote out Gardner no matter what they do here. They suck. They suck because they are Republicans. Never vote Republican, ever.

by Anonymousreply 412December 8, 2019 3:46 PM

I read somewhere that Trump brought some of the war criminals that he pardoned to a Republican event in Florida. Wait until he shows up at a Susan Collins event or any Senator's event with the criminals... and then the pictures leak. There won't be anywhere for those Senators to run.

by Anonymousreply 413December 8, 2019 3:58 PM

and shit, I messed up the Yes and No in r412. The only ones who will vote Yes on impeachment will do it for the entirely cynical reason that they are afraid of losing their seats if they vote No.

by Anonymousreply 414December 8, 2019 4:18 PM

R409 see ALL of them should be in trouble. This is what decades of gerrymandering and no term limits has wrought. Safe seats so they can do what they wish and not have to worry about the people they are supposed to represent.

by Anonymousreply 415December 8, 2019 4:28 PM

r391, I hope Lev Parnas tells all about Huckabee and all those other crooks. Parnas also has ties to FL governor Ron DeSantis

by Anonymousreply 416December 8, 2019 4:59 PM

You know, If by any luck, the Democrats ever regain the White House and both houses of Congress again as we did until the 2010 elections, maybe we will change the FCC regulations back to stop the Fox and Murdoch propaganda machines. It was Reagan's deregulation that helped Ailes realize his vision. We need to nail Sinclair too.

by Anonymousreply 417December 8, 2019 5:08 PM

Linda Ronstadt has been trending on Twitter all morning...apparently at the State Department dinner last night honoring the Kennedy Center recipients, she laid into Mike Pompeo who was hosting the event.

Per Sam Greisman....At the State Dept. dinner for the Kennedy Center honorees Mike Pompeo wondered aloud when he would be “loved”. Then Linda Ronstadt got up to get laurels, looked the fucker right in the eye and said “maybe when you stop enabling Donald Trump”. Icon.

by Anonymousreply 418December 8, 2019 5:26 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump Says Giuliani to File Report on Findings From Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419December 8, 2019 5:31 PM

Reuters:

Trump says North Korea must denuclearize, after North claims 'very important' test

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420December 8, 2019 5:36 PM

Newsweek:

Donald Trump Has Weakened Allies and 'Wrecked U.S. Credibility' Says Elizabeth Warren, Vowing to Repair Damage If Elected

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421December 8, 2019 5:44 PM

r225, Yeah, yeah, as you repeat the baseless canard that (only) the hoi polloi are both tired of and ignoring the impeachment proceedings, because, TV.

In reality, it is the moneyed class and their media minions and pompous pundits who want a hastened pace with maybe a cat-fight or two (ratings!), not a serious and profound undertaking to rid us of traitors, those men and a few women who have sold and are yet selling our country to Russian Mob interests for their 30 pieces of silver, for which they, too, should hang from the nearest tree.

The difference between the Nixon case and the Trump case is not "Gee, if only we had some Hugh Scott and Chuck Percy Republicans these days." No.

The difference is that Nixon had no cult following.

by Anonymousreply 422December 8, 2019 5:47 PM

Well some of the older senators who have been in office for a while will feel pangs of conscience. But the newer ones are part of the new Republican Party and have no conscience. They're whores and extremists.

by Anonymousreply 423December 8, 2019 6:00 PM

NBC:

Democrats split on whether to include Mueller obstruction in articles of impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424December 8, 2019 6:10 PM

the Democrats have to figure out how to put the entire Republican Party on trial in the Senate. Everything should be calculated to tie the Party to Trump and to make it clear that Mitch McConnell is a big part of the problem, the grifting, the treason in this country. Just trying Trump won't do anything. Put Every republican whore on trial in that Senate.

by Anonymousreply 425December 8, 2019 6:17 PM

It's really sad that a large chunk of this country has sold their souls to the devil. Racism, sexism, fear, ignorance, and corruption will be our downfall unless the majority, consisting of more open minded and informed folks, steps up and votes.

by Anonymousreply 426December 8, 2019 6:23 PM

again and again and again and again, we have to make this point: it is not the congress, it is the everliving batshit Republican Party that is the problem. it is not the country, it is the everliving batshit Republican party. It is not some vague "all of us" it is the everliving batshit Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 427December 8, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote] Well some of the older senators who have been in office for a while will feel pangs of conscience.

I highly doubt that. They were happy with Reagan and had no problem pretending to be outraged about Clinton lying about a blowjob. Their values were always about the end (holding on to power and steal more money and power) justifies the means.

by Anonymousreply 428December 8, 2019 6:41 PM

Adding to r428. The old school Republicans are just a bit miffed that it's just so out there in the open when they consider themselves to be a lot smarter by being more subtle with their schemes back in the days.

by Anonymousreply 429December 8, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote] I think he had to go off the stimulants he had been taking for decades and it's slowed his brain down.

So slow, that tRump’s brain is going in reverse.

I think a great deal of the Repuke bluster about the Senate saving Cheatolini’s fat ass is wishful thinking in an attempt to frame the narrative with the hope that it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. Once the Dems begin laying out their case the Repubs may be surprised at just how damning all the evidence is — including information that we not yet know about.

by Anonymousreply 430December 8, 2019 6:49 PM

R430, the only chance the Democrats have to "present the case", is when they read the articles of Impeachment out. Discuss & vote. Once those articles are delivered to the Senate and fall into McConnell and Graham's hands they will fuck up everything. Count on it. What we need right now is the Media. We really need for ABC,CBS,CNN, NBC,MSNBC, the news outlets online to saturate with facts about impeachment, video of witnesses testifying, interviews with those witnesses. We really have to go on the offensive the way Schiff did when he chaired. He made them look weak and simple. They're going to do the same. They will make specious accusations, lie, and attempt to confuse. They will be relentless. Remember what that famous football guy once said: " The best defense is a good offense."It's true.

by Anonymousreply 431December 8, 2019 6:59 PM

I'm very worried that our media will start that both sides bullshit and will not challenge assertions made by Republicans. There is testimony. Facts. Witnesses. The media absolutely must challenge false assertions. They mus stop liars in their tracks, not come around after the fact awarding "penocchios"asif this is a fucking game.

by Anonymousreply 432December 8, 2019 7:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433December 8, 2019 7:29 PM

R932, I bet he snorted too much adderall and sudafed and OD'd.

by Anonymousreply 434December 8, 2019 7:31 PM

Devin Nunes is not a good liar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435December 8, 2019 7:43 PM

[quote] the only chance the Democrats have to "present the case", is when they read the articles of Impeachment out.

Not accurate. Once the Speaker sends the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate, the Chief Justice will preside over a trial in the Senate. The Democratic managers of the impeachment will present their case against tRump and call witnesses. tRump will do the same.

McConnell and Miz Lindz don’t really control the process. The Chief Justice does. I suppose they could try and play some games with the process, but they do so at their risk. And, vulnerable Repug Senators may balk at any funny business from McTurtle.

by Anonymousreply 436December 8, 2019 7:50 PM

R435, and the managers come from the House, not the Senate. Basically, representatives from the House try the case before the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 437December 8, 2019 8:06 PM

He sure isn't, r435!

by Anonymousreply 438December 8, 2019 8:08 PM

NBC: 'Weird': Congress reacts to Giuliani's latest Ukrainian venture

One of President Donald Trump's staunchest allies said it was "weird" and "odd" that the president's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, was back digging for dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden in Ukraine.

However, Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., told ABC's "This Week" it was promising to hear that Trump said Giuliani wants to speak to Congress about his latest trip to Ukraine.

Echoing earlier remarks he made about it being "weird" that Giuliani was back in Ukraine, Gaetz said he believes Trump "urging Mayor Giuliani to provide that clarity to the Congress will be helpful in resolving what seems to be odd having him over there at this time."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439December 8, 2019 8:51 PM

r439 -

And on CNN's "State of the Union," Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., another top ally of the president, said Giuliani should present his information to Congress if "he is finding something that is inappropriate."

"I don't know of any role that Rudy Giuliani is playing on behalf of the president of the United States," Meadows said of the president's lawyer. "I think he's over there as a citizen. I think part of that is probably trying to clear his name."

"But he is the president's personal attorney," Meadows added. "But I don't know that he's over there at the president's direction. In fact, I would suggest that he's not."

by Anonymousreply 440December 8, 2019 8:56 PM

Dana Bash, CNN, was interviewing this morning, Republican Mark Meadows, a leading and staunch Trump supporter in the House.

Meadows controlled the interview, and Bash's questions were basically deferential and non-confrontational..

I'm O.K. with Republicans being interviewed also, but anchors/reporters need to counter when what is being espoused is unsubstantiated bullshit.

Use tough, but fair, media personalities/journalists asking questions. Be adament with follow-ups, don't accept spin and filibustering.

'Both sides' implies equivalency in arguments. That is not appropriate when one side is pushing deception and foolish narratives.

Impeachment is not entertainment either. It is serious business. Leave off the partisan pundits unless they are 'experts' or decision-makers in the subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 441December 8, 2019 9:02 PM

MEDIA-ite:

Trump Lashes Out at Fox News for Giving Airtime to Democrats: ‘Pathetic!’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442December 8, 2019 9:20 PM

USA Today:

A booming jobs report isn't an all-clear signal for the economy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443December 8, 2019 9:47 PM

Newsweek:

Fox News Anchor Calls Out Trump Defense Secretary for Saying He'd Comply With Impeachment Inquiry, Then Stonewalling Congress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444December 8, 2019 10:01 PM

[quote]Chris Christie said that Trump could afford to lose 2, such as Susan Collins and Cory Gardner.

Gardner is definitely the most vulnerable Republican Senator in 2020. Colorado has been trending blue for the past decade -- several Democratic Governors in a row, voted for Obama twice, voted for Hillary, and the other Senator is a Democrat. Hickenlooper leads Gardner in the Senate polls.

Collins has the worst approval ratings in Maine that she has ever had. Her popularity has taken a huge hit and she has been losing some of her traditional endorsements lately. She's not done yet though and it will still be a close race between her & Sara Gideon.

McSally in Arizona is another vulnerable Republican Senator. Has lost the backing of some of John McCain's former supporters and is in a close race with Mark Kelly in the polls. He has been beating McSally in fundraising.

Thom Tillis of North Carolina is the next most vulnerable Republican Senator. He has low approval ratings and has been in a close race with his potential Democratic challengers in the polls. The only good news for Tillis is that one of his GOP challengers dropped out of the primary this week.

by Anonymousreply 445December 8, 2019 11:44 PM

Lindsey will not call Adam Schiff.

She will not like what she will hear if Adam testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446December 9, 2019 12:03 AM

That loathsome reptile Ted Cruz was on MTP this morning peddling that nonsense about Ukrainian interference. Let’s be clear, this is not by accident but by design. It is part of a carefully crafted strategy to bolster tRump’s discredited and debunked delusion about Ukraine. Cruz scoffed condescendingly that “of course Russia ATTEMPTED to meddle in the 2016 election.” Then, without missing a beat, he said “but Ukraine did.” When Chuck Todd tried to pin him down as to whether an op-ed by the then-Ukrainian President is the equivalent of Russia’s massive and widespread interference, Cruz slithers away. He, Kennedy, and Johnson have all pulled this trick to varying degrees. Our so-called journalists should be more than ready to confront this particular deception by now.

by Anonymousreply 447December 9, 2019 12:38 AM

Chuck Todd shouldn't be doing interviews with anyone. He should be a high school basketball coach.

by Anonymousreply 448December 9, 2019 1:03 AM

Don't high school basketball coach jobs generally involve a college degree?

by Anonymousreply 449December 9, 2019 1:06 AM

No in this scenario he's also the janitor.

by Anonymousreply 450December 9, 2019 1:09 AM

[quote]Chuck Todd shouldn't be doing interviews with anyone. He should be a high school basketball coach.

Basketball? He is quite short and dumpy.

by Anonymousreply 451December 9, 2019 1:17 AM

[quote]A booming jobs report isn't an all-clear signal for the economy

Companies are cutting full-time positions and replacing them with three twelve-hour positions. Boom, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 452December 9, 2019 1:26 AM

R451 that's why he's the coach. Also he seems to like 🏀. He did a series of ads on MSNBC at one point where he was playing basketball, I guess to humanize him from the odious troll he is in real life.

by Anonymousreply 453December 9, 2019 1:28 AM

We need to get better with political theater, Independents are tuning this out - not surprising considering they don't like partisan politics.

It's all about soundbites.

by Anonymousreply 454December 9, 2019 1:30 AM

[quote]It's all about soundbites.

"All roads lead to Putin".

Nancy Pelosi delivered a darn good one. And it is true when it comes to DJT and his cohorts.

by Anonymousreply 455December 9, 2019 1:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456December 9, 2019 2:02 AM

You can enter your zip into the moveon.org website and it’ll tell you where the meeting near you will be.

They don’t know the vote date, as yet, though, so date TBD.

by Anonymousreply 457December 9, 2019 4:30 AM

Real cow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458December 9, 2019 12:07 PM

[quote]That loathsome reptile Ted Cruz was on MTP this morning peddling that nonsense about Ukrainian interference.

Former Senate Judiciary appointee Eric Columbus sums it up:

TRUMP: Ted, your wife is ugly, I’m gonna spill the beans on her, and your dad helped kill JFK.

CRUZ: How can I lie for you, sir?

by Anonymousreply 459December 9, 2019 12:12 PM

USA Today:

Clash expected at House Judiciary briefing on report about Trump's dealings with Ukraine - impeachment latest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460December 9, 2019 1:08 PM

AP: North Korea calls Trump 'erratic' old man over tweets

Kim Yong Chol said Trump’s tweets clearly show that he is an irritated old man “bereft of patience.”

“As (Trump) is such a heedless and erratic old man, the time when we cannot but call him a ‘dotard’ again may come,” Kim Yong Chol said.

“Trump has too many things that he does not know about (North Korea). We have nothing more to lose. Though the U.S. may take away anything more from us, it can never remove the strong sense of self-respect, might and resentment against the U.S. from us.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461December 9, 2019 1:14 PM

ABC:

DOJ watchdog to release report on Russia investigation origins: What you need to know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462December 9, 2019 1:16 PM

Washington Post:

Inside Giuliani’s dual roles: Power-broker-for-hire and shadow foreign policy adviser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 9, 2019 1:18 PM

Washington Post:

Trump’s defense of Saudis grows more isolated after deadly shooting on military base

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464December 9, 2019 1:25 PM

NYT:

The Indispensable Man: How Giuliani Led Trump to the Brink of Impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465December 9, 2019 1:26 PM

Politico:

How Giuliani and Barr set out to defend Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466December 9, 2019 1:29 PM

Washington Post:

Democrats leveraged Trump’s fixation on Space Force to pursue parental-leave victory for federal workers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467December 9, 2019 1:47 PM

r447 .....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468December 9, 2019 1:51 PM

NYT:

Despite Warnings, Trump Moves to Expand Migrant Family Detention

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469December 9, 2019 2:01 PM

Politico:

Possible pardons loom for former Trump aides

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470December 9, 2019 3:13 PM

The Hill:

Trump, Pelosi on shortlist for Time Person of the Year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471December 9, 2019 3:43 PM

Trump won't be convicted.

He will be re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 472December 9, 2019 4:05 PM

R472, how are you so sure? Did that work for Nixon and/or Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 473December 9, 2019 4:13 PM

[quote]He will be re-elected.

Only if Putin arranges it. Again.

by Anonymousreply 474December 9, 2019 4:15 PM

[quote]how are you so sure? Did that work for Nixon and/or Clinton?

Clinton was impeached during his second term. He couldn't seek reelection at that point.

by Anonymousreply 475December 9, 2019 4:18 PM

This isn't like a trial where impeachment is like an indictment that can be wiped out by the Senate not voting to convict. Impeachment is a permanent mark on Trump's record. Bill Clinton could brave out his impeachment because it was on such constitutionally weak grounds--refusing to admit that getting oral sex was the same as "having sex" did not present a clear and present danger to our Constitutional democracy. Withholding Congressionally mandated to a foreign country in order to blackmail it into smearing an opponent so you can win reelection a little more easily--that is conduct that threatens the core of our democracy. The Senate may be willing to sell out this country by keeping Trump in office. That doesn't mean the House should just let it go.

by Anonymousreply 476December 9, 2019 4:18 PM

Amen R476

by Anonymousreply 477December 9, 2019 4:23 PM

R475, that's the point I was kinda making. Re-election didn't work for neither one because Nixon resigned before being impeached and Clinton was in his second term as you said, so it wouldn't have mattered. However, I do think that the Bush/Gore thing happened due to Clinton's impeachment. I think that Dems lost faith in their party over that and it just wouldn't work. I remember as a child I wanted Gore to win so bad and I wanted him to win the Supreme Court decision, but my heart got broke repeatedly over Bush 43 coming in with no experience in government outside of his father.

by Anonymousreply 478December 9, 2019 4:32 PM

I think that when Nancy Pelosi asked her caucus the simple question of, "Are you ready," and no one spoke up and said, "Nope," that solidified everyone's collective thoughts on impeaching the President of the United States. Not one member of her caucus said a thing, so they know what Mr. Trump did is wrong. I couldn't afford to see my Congressional member that I voted for turning away from this because it is so simply clear.

My future husband in another life (LMAO), Prof. Noah Feldman, stated that he did commit an impeachable offense and that offense was bribery, regardless of the full intent. I hate when the Rethugs keep saying that the Dems are impeaching for "high crimes and misdemeanors" when it's not that - it's BRIBERY. The intent was there; the crime was there. They did it and they just simply got caught. This is as simple as shoplifting or larceny - I don't understand fully why the Repugs are acting like it isn't that, especially the Rethugs that have a law degree and are admitted to the bar in their states. If I were a resident of their states, I'd ask the state bar to check into their licenses to see if they ever did any of what they're doing now before they became a Representative.

by Anonymousreply 479December 9, 2019 4:39 PM

Thank you, r476.

by Anonymousreply 480December 9, 2019 4:41 PM

NBC:

Internal Justice watchdog finds that Russia probe was justified, not biased against Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481December 9, 2019 5:07 PM

[quote]Internal Justice watchdog finds that Russia probe was justified, not biased against Trump

Now we just have to wait and see how Barr spins this as complete and total vindication for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 482December 9, 2019 5:17 PM

I believe he has, r482. From the Hearings thread:

Barr out with a statement refuting the IG Report, just as he did with the Mueller Report. He's lying as to what's in the report, saying it's evidence of bias against Trump ... and that is not at all what the report says.

—Anonymous

by Anonymousreply 483December 9, 2019 5:24 PM

CNN:

Christopher Steele told additional information about him will be made public with DOJ IG report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484December 9, 2019 5:25 PM

R478? Um, GWB was the Texas governor before he was elected President, OK?

I bet I can guess your age range.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485December 9, 2019 5:38 PM

[quote]Christopher Steele told additional information about him will be made public with DOJ IG report

BREAKING: ABC News can confirm that the Trump “family member” referenced in the Inspector General report who had a friendship with dossier author Chris Steele, was Ivanka. She met him in 2007 at a dinner in London when he was still working for MI6.

by Anonymousreply 486December 9, 2019 5:40 PM

Michelle Obama says to take the high road, I am beginning to think not. We're losing at political theater, they always beat us at that. Call the SOB a crook and a liar. Get those soundbites!

by Anonymousreply 487December 9, 2019 5:40 PM

[quote](Ivanka) met (Steele) in 2007 at a dinner in London when he was still working for MI6.

From the IG Report:

Steele stated that if anything he was 'favorably disposed' toward the Trump family before he began his research because he had visited a Trump family member at Trump Tower and "been friendly" with the family member for some years. He described their relationship as 'personal' and said that he once gifted a family tartan from Scotland to the family member (Ivanka).

by Anonymousreply 488December 9, 2019 5:44 PM

"Um, GWB was the Texas governor before he was elected President, OK?"

He was elected governor because of who his daddy was

by Anonymousreply 489December 9, 2019 5:44 PM

The Queen should ha said no visit with her, because the US is known to be too corrupt!

by Anonymousreply 490December 9, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote]Michelle Obama says to take the high road,

I always felt that this was the wrong approach. I remember at the time thinking, fuck that... that's exactly what they want us to do so they can keep going lower and getting away with whatever insane shit they spew.

by Anonymousreply 491December 9, 2019 6:21 PM

This isn't about Nixon or Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 492December 9, 2019 6:25 PM

This isn't about Nixon or Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 493December 9, 2019 6:26 PM

ABC:

‘Dossier’ author met Ivanka Trump years before Russia scandal, source says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494December 9, 2019 6:26 PM

#SnoooozeFest

by Anonymousreply 495December 9, 2019 6:28 PM

Did Ivanka cheat on her Daddy with Monsiéur Dossiér ?

by Anonymousreply 496December 9, 2019 6:31 PM

That little fucking whore!!!

by Anonymousreply 497December 9, 2019 6:34 PM

If anything it makes Steele's info that much more convincing.

by Anonymousreply 498December 9, 2019 7:30 PM

MSNBC:

AG Barr Rejects Own Watchdog's Findings Backing Opening Of Russia Probe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499December 9, 2019 7:40 PM

this is beyond madness

the head of the DOJ is actively undermining the DOJ

think about this

how can we recover from having our intelligence and justice agencies being attacked like this? All the Trump admin has done is give future talking points to adversaries of the US. Just despicable

by Anonymousreply 500December 9, 2019 7:46 PM

Trump was really ranting during a pause in the hearings today. His eyes were all red and his face was beet red. Angry as hell. It was kind of fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 501December 9, 2019 7:47 PM

[quote] Michelle Obama says to take the high road,

[quote] I always felt that this was the wrong approach. I remember at the time thinking, fuck that... that's exactly what they want us to do so they can keep going lower and getting away with whatever insane shit they spew.

When you refuse to play their game they can't manipulate you. The moment you react to their bullshit they pull a Milo Y. and point at you and scream "look at this unhinged Liberal NAZI! This is why we need to protect ourselves! They are the real threat!". Sooner or later they burn themselves with their gaslighting like Trump, jr. got triggered by his own fans at the Triggered book event. When they don't find anyone to play with they implode.

by Anonymousreply 502December 9, 2019 8:29 PM

R489, thank you for making my point. He owned a baseball team before "working" in government and running for the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 503December 9, 2019 8:33 PM

Miz Lindzey-- lights, camera, roll. Then she'll recap with Hannity. Daddy proud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504December 9, 2019 8:36 PM

[quote]When you refuse to play their game they can't manipulate you.

Yeah

by Anonymousreply 505December 9, 2019 8:45 PM

[quote]When you refuse to play their game they can't manipulate you.

Yeah

by Anonymousreply 506December 9, 2019 8:45 PM

Lesko is absolutely the dumbest blonde I've seen since Megyn Kelly on TV.

by Anonymousreply 507December 9, 2019 9:06 PM

She's a major loud mouthed cunt bitch too r507.

by Anonymousreply 508December 9, 2019 9:11 PM

She's a major loud mouthed cunt bitch too r507.

by Anonymousreply 509December 9, 2019 9:11 PM

USA Today:

Trump claims DOJ inspector general report shows 'attempted overthrow' of the government

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510December 9, 2019 9:12 PM

Lesko is getting dragged on Twitter. Most of the GOP is.

by Anonymousreply 511December 9, 2019 9:12 PM

This from R510's link has me worried:

"In a statement Monday Durham backed Barr's remarks, saying he had informed the inspector general that "we do not agree with some of the report's conclusions as to the predication and how the FBI case was opened."

Is Durham still that "straight shooter" that some described on the news shows, or is he just another Trump lackey like Barr?

by Anonymousreply 512December 9, 2019 9:16 PM

Comey was saying that he shouldn't even be commenting on his supposed "work"...the irony is rich

by Anonymousreply 513December 9, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote]Trump claims DOJ inspector general report shows 'attempted overthrow' of the government

God knows someone needs to overthrow this government.

by Anonymousreply 514December 9, 2019 10:14 PM

What the hell is Castor babbling about?

by Anonymousreply 515December 9, 2019 10:19 PM

Ivanka and Christopher Steel had a prior relationship! Oh my!

Breaking: Dossier author Chris Steele had a meeting at Trump Tower, and maintains he was not biased against President Trump and in fact maintained a close friendship with a family member and was, if anything, “favourably disposed” to the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 516December 9, 2019 10:45 PM

Maybe that explains his reluctance to testify for Mueller r516.

by Anonymousreply 517December 9, 2019 10:48 PM

r516, see r494.

by Anonymousreply 518December 9, 2019 10:50 PM

Sorry 494.

by Anonymousreply 519December 9, 2019 10:54 PM

AFP:

US, North Korea on collision course as New Year deadline looms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520December 9, 2019 10:54 PM

Just pointing out there's a link for you, r519.

by Anonymousreply 521December 9, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote]Did Ivanka cheat on her Daddy with Monsiéur Dossiér ?

No, Ivanka cheated on her Daddy with Justin Trudeau:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522December 9, 2019 10:58 PM

AFP:

Seoul, South Korea: South Korean sources say the South will not retaliate for the North’s nuclear strike on its capital, mimicking Tokyo’s position and frustrating the North Korean leader who is “looking for a fight”. The American President Donald J. Trump said it is “very bad”, but said he maintained a good relationship with the bloody dictator and hoped to go golfing with him, if he stopped incinerating all the golf courses in the area. “It could have been worse”, stated the President, “We were expecting another million or two dead.”

by Anonymousreply 523December 9, 2019 11:20 PM

[quote]No, Ivanka cheated on her Daddy with Justin Trudeau:

She wishes.

More accurate is she cheated on Daddy with Jr. and Sloth.

by Anonymousreply 524December 9, 2019 11:28 PM

Anyone have an idea on the SCOTUS decision due on Friday over his taxes/finances? I read that if four justices refuse to take the case, the lower court's ruling stands.

by Anonymousreply 525December 9, 2019 11:53 PM

r516 An ABC reporter said they had known for over a year about Steele and Ivanka but didn't report it because their proof didn't meet the networks 'rigorous standards of corroboration'. I wonder what else journalists have sat on for years regarding the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 526December 10, 2019 12:10 AM

R526, they knew about the Steele report weeks or months before it leaked. Also, the main stream media still hasn’t reported on the pee-hoes. That’s all on the down-low.

by Anonymousreply 527December 10, 2019 12:21 AM

Thank you former Fox News reporter (now a CNN voice of reason pundit) Kirstin Powers, for once again (she’s done it on numerous occasions), crush former re-puke Republican Senator (I’ve got 5 kids), Rick (Sanitarium) Santorum’s lady balls when he said that he thought the Democrats went to far by saying at today’s hearing that they think Trump is an existential threat to our national security. WTF? He IS Ricky!

Ms. Powers was all over his shit. Kudos.

Fuck Santorum, and his toxic, non-wavering, party over country positions.

by Anonymousreply 528December 10, 2019 12:52 AM

Washington Post:

Democrats expected to draft two articles of impeachment against Trump, one on abuse of power, the other on obstruction of Congress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529December 10, 2019 1:13 AM

R528, why did CNN hire Santorum in the first place? Out of all the Republican commentators they could hire, they chose one who is infamous as a homophobe?!

by Anonymousreply 530December 10, 2019 1:20 AM

There is no "good" conservative pundit now. All the ones with any conscience fled and left behind hundreds of thousands of dollars working in and for conservative media and getting tons of checks from their donors to spread their filth. The ones who are left will never ever turn their backs on that money by going anywhere near facts.

by Anonymousreply 531December 10, 2019 1:26 AM

I'm glad the articles of impeachment will be announced tomorrow

I wonder about the strategy though. Is it better to have so few? Or better to have a bunch so moderates can vote yes on some and no on others?

by Anonymousreply 532December 10, 2019 1:28 AM

Washington Post:

Democrats expected to draft two articles of impeachment against Trump, one on abuse of power, the other on obstruction of Congress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533December 10, 2019 1:34 AM

I would have preferred more than two, but at least it's happening.

by Anonymousreply 534December 10, 2019 1:43 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to post that twice. I meant to post it in the Hearings thread.

by Anonymousreply 535December 10, 2019 1:49 AM

I feel like the Democrats are just going through the motions here. They feel they have to do SOMEthing, but know it's just going to die in the Senate.

I really thought Nancy had something major up her sleeve when she went from, "Who cares?" to "Let's roll". But it looks like it's just he said/I heard/we perceived... It's enough, but just barely.

by Anonymousreply 536December 10, 2019 1:51 AM

And when they do impeach him, forever after, everyone should refer to him as the Impeached President of the United States. Never forget, never relent. The Senate trial will be a farce, so just use what we got. And never let it be just President, always Impeached President.

by Anonymousreply 537December 10, 2019 2:07 AM

NYT:

Trump’s Conduct Poses ‘Clear and Present Danger’ to Fair Elections, Democrats Argue in Impeachment Case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538December 10, 2019 2:07 AM

The Hill:

Comey in op-ed after IG report: 'Barr needs to stop acting like a Trump spokesperson'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539December 10, 2019 2:09 AM

When Bill Clinton gave his first state of the union address after he was impeached, all the Justices declined to appear as theY normally did. That was a really startling rebuke.

by Anonymousreply 540December 10, 2019 2:11 AM

R534, those two articles cover pretty much everything that Trump has done.

R536 = Gym Jordan. We knew he was lurking here somewhere . . .

by Anonymousreply 541December 10, 2019 2:11 AM

some day when Democrats regain power can they go after Barr? It'll be a real injustice if he doesn't end up in prison along with Giuliani and of course Trump

by Anonymousreply 542December 10, 2019 2:11 AM

CNN:

Trump's former physician files to run for Congress in Texas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543December 10, 2019 2:11 AM

R530 - I believe CNN hires these trumpers to convey an image of fair and balanced reporting. This could work to sway independents.

Scott (I've got 4 kids) Jennings, and that smarmy Steve (closeted loser) Cortez are, also infuriating. CNN usually pairs Cortez with Ana Navarro. Both Republican, but Ana has her head on straight, and is beside herself with trump's antics. Love it when she emasculates Cortez for being a douche. Along with Ana, I can also listen to John Kasich.

r528

by Anonymousreply 544December 10, 2019 2:20 AM

Vote for me and I'll give you PILLSH!

by Anonymousreply 545December 10, 2019 2:26 AM

Reuters: Trump to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov at White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546December 10, 2019 2:28 AM

hmm, will that be labeled as a campaign meeting r546? Will the campaign be charged?

by Anonymousreply 547December 10, 2019 2:33 AM

Latest Breaking news is that the actual impeachment vote will be Thursday

by Anonymousreply 548December 10, 2019 2:35 AM

So all this talk of holding the vote, but not sending it to the Senate. Can they do that? For how long?

by Anonymousreply 549December 10, 2019 2:38 AM

They won’t do that, Walter. Not in a million years.

by Anonymousreply 550December 10, 2019 2:39 AM

Ooops Politico says the vote is next week

by Anonymousreply 551December 10, 2019 2:39 AM

Some are saying that the tax/financials ruling may add to the Articles. We'll know Friday. That vote just may be delayed.

by Anonymousreply 552December 10, 2019 2:43 AM

Republicans are revolting. They came not one flip for our republic, our norms, our values, our safety.

by Anonymousreply 553December 10, 2019 2:56 AM

Not that I feel sorry for that Russian asshole, but can you imagine being trapped in a room with Donald Trump? Having to pretend his stupid blatherings make any sense? Having to laugh at his stupid ass jokes? Nodding along with the constant whining about everyone and everything, and how it's all SO UNFAIR! I'd almost say it's punishment enough for the fuckers that actually want to be around him ... but no, it ain't.

by Anonymousreply 554December 10, 2019 3:00 AM

Pierre / R550 I was talking about this tweet from John Dean.

[quote] Sending out again: Let’s impeach him now and NOT send it to the Senate rather keep investigating in the House, and add such supplemental articles as needed! Just let it hang over his head. If the worst happens and he is re-elected, send it to the Senate. But keep investigating!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555December 10, 2019 3:14 AM

^Amen!

by Anonymousreply 556December 10, 2019 3:18 AM

R554, maybe he spends the visit trying how to work in Trump’s instructions? Putin was good at that. I’m sure Trump thought that the ideas Putin put in his head were his own ideas all along. I know how it works: You hook into something Trump says, explaining your idea. Then when Trump repeats it, you tell him that it’s a fascinating idea he has.

It really quite dangerous having such a mental case with a security clearance. That’s the first thing they’ll have to do, is yank his clearance on everything.

by Anonymousreply 557December 10, 2019 3:18 AM

That is an excellent strategy from Dean!

I hope Pelosi takes his advice and let's that sword hang over the traitor's head for a while. The suspense would drive him off the rails!

by Anonymousreply 558December 10, 2019 3:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559December 10, 2019 3:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560December 10, 2019 3:25 AM

Hi Walter, R555, I think it’s a terrible idea for a number of reasons, but one that sticks out is this, it proposes we:

1. Identify all the reasons to impeach Trump

2. If he is re-elected, then impeach him.

This is a terrible idea. It allows him to cheat to win another term. I’d rather see him removed so that he can’t do that. Secondly, if the public knows the charges and makes the informed decision to elect him anyway, it would be undemocratic to remove him. It would also invite the mother of all backlashes in the next election.

Besides, they can impeach him as many times as they like, (even for the same charge, though it wouldn’t be smart). But if they have new charges and want to do it, they can.

by Anonymousreply 561December 10, 2019 3:26 AM

I have this fantasy where, at the end of the day, the Repukes in the Senate, not all of them, but enough of them, feel like Trump is a bigger liability than an asset. Between his defending the Saudis even after a bona fide terrorist attack on a fucking US military base, then his betrayal and abandonment of the Kurds; and giving in to Putin and Erdogan, a total betrayal and capitulation, this Ukrainian shit, and his obvious partiality to Putin against our ally, and his willingness to weaken NATO, his ham-handed shit with the Jews the other night, the list is too fucking long and it is definitely going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 562December 10, 2019 3:26 AM

Is Barr the one being pee'd on?

by Anonymousreply 563December 10, 2019 3:27 AM

The Dem leader in DC need to put their heads together as to how to drive Trump nuts, and get it on video. Maybe they need a few friends in the CIA to step-up.

by Anonymousreply 564December 10, 2019 3:29 AM

[quote]I have this fantasy where, at the end of the day, the Repukes in the Senate, not all of them, but enough of them, feel like Trump is a bigger liability than an asset.

What's the fantasy? They can feel like that all they want and probably do HOWEVER, they'll never do anything about it but continue to lick his ass.

by Anonymousreply 565December 10, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote]The Dem leader in DC need to put their heads together as to how to drive Trump nuts, and get it on video. Maybe they need a few friends in the CIA to step-up.

And what would that accomplish. People already know how insane he is and they just turn the other way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566December 10, 2019 3:33 AM

Sadly, Dems and most Indies live in a fact filled world while conservatives live in the wild west of lies where they can do and be anything. The media should never ever let them lie but they let them in the name of fairness.

by Anonymousreply 567December 10, 2019 3:33 AM

^^can you take a guess, r565?

by Anonymousreply 568December 10, 2019 3:34 AM

"And never let it be just President, always Impeached President."

Certainly it will affect their 'brand', which is all he cares about: money. What shithole country will want Trump on their properties?

Is that why he hosted the Indian guy a while back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569December 10, 2019 3:35 AM

Marketing? He'll just start repeating over and over:

"The Wrongfully Impeached."

by Anonymousreply 570December 10, 2019 3:36 AM

Or:

Im the best impeached ever! No one has ever been impeached like I was impeached!

by Anonymousreply 571December 10, 2019 3:36 AM

Rudy and Barr both see themselves as the "power behind the throne" and they are competing against one another to be Trump's chief advisor. Being "this close" to the most powerful office in the world is very intoxicating. IMO, Barr is going to win this one. Especially if he convinces Trump, that Rudy is a huge liability, and the source of all his problems. Barr is crazy, and he has a sick view of the world, but he is smart and knows how the White House operates.

The one person in town I'd rather not be tonight, is Christopher Wray.He may not be perfect, but he seems like he is one of the good guys tonight. Who knows what tomorrow brings. I don't think Barr can fire Wray. Only Trump can.

by Anonymousreply 572December 10, 2019 3:37 AM

R566, not a video of him being cruel. We know they like that.

I mean a video of him losing his shit. Foaming at the mouth. Yelling irrational things, barking orders that don’t make sense. Each times he does that, a staffer repeats it (Intelligibly) for the video and getS his confirmation. Then move on to the next nonsense order. Something like the Hitler Downfall memes. It really shouldn’t be hard with someone like Trump.

Anybody that’s ever had a boss they’ve had to manage knows how to do this.

by Anonymousreply 573December 10, 2019 3:38 AM

Just one video of Trump like this, please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574December 10, 2019 3:51 AM

Same difference R573. What do you think it's going to do?

Those of us who are sane already know he's insane and are already disgusted.

Deplorables know it too and they could give two shits. He called it when he said he could shoot someone and his crazy ass supporters would cheer.

by Anonymousreply 575December 10, 2019 4:07 AM

^Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 576December 10, 2019 4:18 AM

I'd like to see him like this as he's being dragged from the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577December 10, 2019 4:19 AM

R575, It is different. Deplorables may think he’s a jerk, but still think he’s in control, and a business genius. I think some Deplorables are in denial. I don’t think they really know what he’s like. You have to really hit some people on the head. And something like that might move some Senators.

Here’s the usual excuses:

He’s just saying that to annoy the libs.

That just politics.

People actually think the above, without stopping to think what it means. But showing him foaming at the mouth and out of control would be something they don’t see on Fox and might move them to oppose him or at least make them stay home on Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 578December 10, 2019 4:19 AM

Yes, something like R577 would be great.

by Anonymousreply 579December 10, 2019 4:19 AM

I still don't see why it would be any different. It isn't.

They'd make up the same excuses for him that they do now.

I also personally think that thinking they would stay home and not vote is fantasy. They'd still go, they'd still vote for him and if anything, would just claim they held their noses but he was still preferable to whatever Libtard was running against him.

by Anonymousreply 580December 10, 2019 4:22 AM

Agree with R581 because we've seen them do all of that before. Over and over.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

by Anonymousreply 581December 10, 2019 4:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582December 10, 2019 4:26 AM

It's official. Inbox: Tuesday, December 10, at 9:00 a.m., Chairs Nadler, Schiff, Engel, Waters, and Maloney will announce the next steps in the House impeachment inquiry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583December 10, 2019 4:27 AM

Well, I guess we’ll have to disagree on that, then.

by Anonymousreply 584December 10, 2019 4:27 AM

REMEMBER, in the view of conservatives,

Pro-Clinton FBI messages during the Clinton probe: (a) treason (b) a coup

Pro-Trump FBI messages during the Trump probe: (a) 🤣 (b) 😂

by Anonymousreply 585December 10, 2019 4:30 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586December 10, 2019 4:31 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587December 10, 2019 4:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588December 10, 2019 4:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589December 10, 2019 4:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590December 10, 2019 4:46 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 591December 10, 2019 4:46 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 592December 10, 2019 4:46 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 593December 10, 2019 4:46 AM

Out

by Anonymousreply 594December 10, 2019 4:46 AM

Link

by Anonymousreply 595December 10, 2019 4:46 AM

to

by Anonymousreply 596December 10, 2019 4:47 AM

new

by Anonymousreply 597December 10, 2019 4:47 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 598December 10, 2019 4:47 AM

Below

by Anonymousreply 599December 10, 2019 4:48 AM

Link to new thread below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600December 10, 2019 4:48 AM

^ Secret Lesbian

by Anonymousreply 601December 10, 2019 4:49 AM

Who do you see as impeachment managers? It’s a plumb assignment, so seniority matters. There were 13 who prosecuted Clinton.

Prosecution: Nadler; Schiff; Swalwell (I think he did a good job in both hearings); maybe Raja Krishnamoorthi. Plus legal scholar Pamala Karlan and lawyer Daniel Goldman. They’d also have to have at least person of color, but I don’t recall any standing out.

Defense: Nunes, unless he’s sidelined; Doug Collins; Gym Jordan; Elise Stefanik; and a African American; Jonathan Turley, and maybe one of their attorneys. I didn’t think their attorneys stood out.

More speculation at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602December 10, 2019 4:51 AM

[quote]We can be pretty sure Trump will tell Lavrov in the Oval Office tomorrow that, because he escaped impeachment for using Russia’s help to win in 2016, he’s looking forward to more such help in 2020. He’s unlikely to explain what he WILL be impeached for.

by Anonymousreply 603December 10, 2019 4:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!