Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Within Treason: Step by Step (The Impeachment Inquiry, Part 17)  

Continued Discussion

Step by step

Oh, baby, gonna get to you, girl

Step by step, oh, girl

I really think it's just a matter of time

Rock!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 605December 19, 2019 2:27 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2019 6:09 AM

In times like these, I like to ask, what's Jared up to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 15, 2019 7:09 AM

Probably getting the new lines smoothed out so he looks like AI.

by Anonymousreply 3December 15, 2019 7:13 AM

Jared - that pathetic, impish, scheming, avoiding-the-camera, little troll is officially Damien. I have high hopes that someone will "deal" with him as one should when confronted with the spawn of Satan.

by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2019 7:19 AM

Sorry, asshole from the last thread, but my links go exactly where I wanted them to go. Nonsense and no explanations needed. Just a bare link to random garbage. Fun to waste people's time like that, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2019 7:37 AM

Except no one bothered.. so fail on your end. But apparently you're really, really, bothered, aren't you? Ha.

by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2019 7:47 AM

Actually false equivalency as there would need to at least be a preview available to make it the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 7December 15, 2019 7:54 AM

But by all means continue trying to play hall monitor.

by Anonymousreply 8December 15, 2019 7:55 AM

Hey Guys, chill....watch a movie.

by Anonymousreply 9December 15, 2019 7:58 AM

Or an embalmed corpse, r3.

by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2019 8:02 AM

Some were discussing Michael Cohen at the end of the last thread. You know, if he plays his cards right, he could be out in two years. His lawyer is Lanny Davis, well-connected and a close friend of the Clintons. If he knows enough shit about Trump that could be what's needed to end his presidency and fully cooperates, he could get a pardon of a Democrat wins the Presidency in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2019 8:25 AM

Just a reminder that Trump can’t contain his bowels and wears diapers.

by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2019 9:52 AM

Jeff Van Drew met with Trump and is being touted by McCarthy. Kristen Holmes of CNN calls Van Drew a "moderate Democrat". Bull, and shame on CNN. A moderate Democrat is someone such as Amy Klobuchar or Michael Bennet, not Van Drew.

There's something fishy going on with this Van Drew switch. The timing of this is very suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2019 10:16 AM

What was the camera hog, Lindsey, doing in Dubai speaking on impeahment? She sure flies extensively for short excursions at taxpayer expense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2019 10:28 AM

Has anyone checked out Van Drew’s Grindr/Scruff or located his expenses for trips to the Crew Club? Quite honestly, I feel like I’ve seen him there (on married man Sunday afternoons).

by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2019 10:31 AM

Van Drew's Democratic support collapsed when he didn't support impeachment. Trump will support him, but I wonder if NJ Republicans really want him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2019 11:30 AM

The Reps will use him for PR like Russia does when Westerners desert their own country and move to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2019 11:35 AM

The Putinbots have been heavily pushing the idea that impeachment is unpopular (the majority support it) so I wouldn't be surprised if Van Drew isn't being bribed/blackmailed into switching sides in order to promote a legislative #WalkAway narrative in which Congressional Democrats are secretly behind Trump and ready to defect to his side en masse.

by Anonymousreply 18December 15, 2019 11:38 AM

The Democratic party was dumping Van Drew - this is a case of "you didn't break up with me, I broke up with you."

by Anonymousreply 19December 15, 2019 11:41 AM

Fucking insane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 15, 2019 11:58 AM

That might be the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Absolutely on brand for the loser Trump.

by Anonymousreply 21December 15, 2019 12:42 PM

After brokering peace in the Middle East, reforming the Federal bureaucracy, and solving the opioid epidemic, Jared is now master-minding his father-in-law's re-election campaign.

by Anonymousreply 22December 15, 2019 12:49 PM

Just a reminder that Moscow Mitch was allegedly discharged from the Armed Services for sodomy. What’s his new name? Buttfucker Mitch?

by Anonymousreply 23December 15, 2019 1:14 PM

It is despicable and disgusting how the media is playing up the boasts by Moscow Mitch McConnell and Leningrad Lindz, claiming victory before the impeachment vote has even occurred. And, of course they can’t stop mentioning tRumpi’s delight in Van Drew’s impending party switch.

Scant to no mention of the traitor’s underlying offenses.

by Anonymousreply 24December 15, 2019 1:34 PM

Lindsey and Mitch's Democrat opponents need two pieces of video for their ads: video of them taking the oath at the beginning of the Senate trial vowing to be fair and impartial followed by video of them on Fox News a month before the trial declaring that they are already in lockstep with Trump.

They need to shove those clips down the throats of SC and KY voters, non-stop.

by Anonymousreply 25December 15, 2019 1:39 PM

The kompromat perhaps hits a whole, big bunch of Republicans, i.e. bribery, undisclosed illegal campaign financing, embezzlement, substance abuse, trafficking, and of course, illicit sexual activity. And certainly a few Democrats have a bit of dirt they don't want disclosed by Vlad/Spurs/Pecker's rag..

The Bone Spurs cartel, play dirty to conceal their own dirt and to intimidate, threaten, and place vulnerable adversaries in situations to be blackmailed and instill fear within their own ranks. Vlad, the king Cobra, owns the head of the orange viper.

by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2019 1:40 PM

[quote]What the fuck makes us think we're going to dislodge Trump, his cabal, and his Russian collaborators with a regular, peaceful, democratically held electoral process?

Let's see what Putin thinks. Evidently, Putin visited Paris and used 6 bodyguards to go the bathroom. When Putin drove to his inauguration, he cleared all the streets of Moscow except for his smallish motorcade. He knows what it will take to dislodge him.

by Anonymousreply 27December 15, 2019 1:41 PM

That picture of Trump’s face on top of Greta’s body is so ridiculous, the first time I saw it I thought some Democrat had photoshopped it to ridicule him.

by Anonymousreply 28December 15, 2019 1:43 PM

CNN is doing a lot of interviews with Republicans this weekend. Jake Trapper had on that Rand Paul again, for example.

Enough of the non-confrontational interviews.

The whole theme, in the "both sides" portraying, is to weaken the Democratic momentum, and give excessive coverage of the partisanship messaging of #Moscow Mitch, #LeningradLindsey, Lyin' Ted, Kennedy (LA),etc. Corporate media is all about the ratings.

#LindsyGraham sashays before every damn camera available, and is hosted daily on Fox, most often with Hannity. Sick of all the media that excessively accommodates that old sychophant queen.

by Anonymousreply 29December 15, 2019 2:08 PM

The art of pinching a loaf....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 15, 2019 2:17 PM

Did anybody else scroll down to the Trump's Hateful Hanukkah vid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 15, 2019 2:22 PM

Putin's Bitch....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 15, 2019 2:24 PM

No irony from the Russians here:

"On 15 December Russia observes Remembrance Day of Journalists Killed in the Line of Duty. Eternal memory to those who sacrificed their life performing their professional tasks."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 15, 2019 2:35 PM

NBC:

Schiff: I'd impeach Obama if he did the same as Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2019 2:42 PM

Reuters:

Top Democrats make case for Republicans to endorse Trump impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 15, 2019 2:44 PM

AZcentral:

Sen. Mitch McConnell breaks impeachment oath before taking it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 15, 2019 2:48 PM

USA Today: David Shulkin speaks out about his time in Trump's Cabinet and being fired by tweet

For his part, Shulkin won’t say what he thinks of the president, his fitness for office or whether he should be impeached. "I do dance around this because I’m trying to reserve my personal opinions," he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 15, 2019 2:56 PM

God, why are they all so fucking afraid of him? Even after leaving his administration? It’s so infuriating. This is the Age of the Coward. History books will not be kind to these complicit collaborators (I’m moving beyond Shulkin now). Like, I’m surprised people do not constantly hock lougies at Kellyanne Conway when she’s out in public. She is a lying cunt and a traitor to democracy and truth.

Stephanie Grisham is a special kind of evil and need to fall on a spiked fence, cunt first.

by Anonymousreply 38December 15, 2019 3:18 PM

If he thought Trump was great, he’d say so, R37.

by Anonymousreply 39December 15, 2019 3:19 PM

It is hopeless trying to penetrate tRump apologist voters. Chuck Toad had a discussion with voters in Michigan who seemed to be willfully ignorant of the facts. One Rethug sow said, the Ukraine money wasn’t a gift, and we could put conditions on it — and if one of those conditions was looking back at the 2016 election, that was not inappropriate.

Bitch, please. He specifically said he wanted Zelensky to investigate the Bidens. But sure, go ahead, ignore that.

by Anonymousreply 40December 15, 2019 3:21 PM

Many keep saying, "History will not look kindly on Republicans (and Trump). I'm not so sure. They (Repugs, Fox, Rush, ect) are controlling the narrative NOW. What makes people think they won't be able to control the narrative THEN? Fox will just beat their steady drumbeat of the same bullshit they're spewing now. It won't end when Trump is (finally) gone.

by Anonymousreply 41December 15, 2019 3:35 PM

I have a feeling that Trump, the evil son of a bitch is going to win the whole enchilota. It makes me so sick, I may never recover. McConnell is owned by Putin...why can't the FBI get McConnell and Trump on treason? Sadly our country, our experiment, is over. Right Wing fascism is on it's way. The end of. Nazi Germany will be our ending too but most of us will not be around to see it.

by Anonymousreply 42December 15, 2019 3:46 PM

History won’t look kindly on them, but over time many of them will be forgotten by most people.

by Anonymousreply 43December 15, 2019 3:46 PM

The corporate media created Trump and perpetuated his fake image as a top business entrepreneur. And now as much as NBC might try to atone for this by making MSNBC the anti-Fox News, they can't undo the damage they did with "The Apprentice." You can't just get the public to turn on a dime and believe the opposite of what you've been telling them for decades. Why should they believe you?

by Anonymousreply 44December 15, 2019 3:52 PM

All Republicans are completely ignorant of the facts...they want it that way. Even the college graduates are running from the truth. Trump, Giuliani, and many other trumpettes pictured with the indicted friends of Giuliani...yet it has no effect. Several. Trump lovers already in prison or waiting for prison...yet it means nothing. Who is really running this show? The Dems have been completely betrayed.

by Anonymousreply 45December 15, 2019 3:59 PM

The thing is , McConnell has been unamerican for a decade and he was allowed to do his evil, no one touched him.

by Anonymousreply 46December 15, 2019 4:03 PM

CNBC or MSNBC - one of them - used to re-air episodes of “The Apprentice” after their initial Thursday airings. So it’s even worse than you think.

R42 sounds non-American. I mean, “enchilota”? Really?

by Anonymousreply 47December 15, 2019 4:04 PM

[quote] the whole enchilota

Ay, Dios mio.

by Anonymousreply 48December 15, 2019 4:17 PM

Republicans have no problem with exercising power as ruthlessly as necessary. Take no prisioners, yield no ground.

Dems always want to be conciliatory, high-minded, and emphasize comity. Most Americans don't respect them.

by Anonymousreply 49December 15, 2019 4:24 PM

Next time Trump talks about the "War on Christmas" remember that he tried to stop his tenants from putting up Christmas decorations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 15, 2019 4:31 PM

Washington Post:

Senate GOP defends Trump, despite oath to be impartial impeachment jurors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 15, 2019 5:18 PM

r26, and do not forget the Russians hacked BOTH the DNC *AND* the RNC servers.

So far, not a peep from Republicans wanting to recover the RNC server.

It's clone probably resides in the Kremlin.

by Anonymousreply 52December 15, 2019 5:21 PM

WSJ: How a Facebook Political Spat Ruptured a Family

Joan’s youngest daughter, Angele, who had been born with cerebral palsy and later died from leukemia, was an advocate for people with disabilities. Angele had always been close to Joan’s brother and his wife, Lisa. And so Joan couldn’t believe it when her sister-in-law showed support on Facebook for a candidate who had mocked a reporter with a disability during a campaign speech. The fact that Lisa didn’t disavow Mr. Trump for that, she said, felt like “a stab in the heart.”

Lisa said she was hurt that Joan turned her support for Mr. Trump into something personal. The day after he was elected, Joan said she wrote on Facebook that she was afraid for the country. She said that Lisa typed this reply: “Don’t be a sore loser.”

Lisa said she doesn’t recall writing those exact words but rather something along the lines of, “Can’t you just give this guy a chance? Maybe it won’t be as bad as you think it will be.”

Either way, both agree that is when things got ugly. “She comes back with this firestorm, saying what a terrible person I was and brought up the episode of Trump picking on the reporter with the disability and how could I support him—didn’t I love my niece?” Lisa said. “I was shocked. I loved my niece very much. I typed something like, ‘How dare you say that to me?’ ”

“I ripped her to shreds,” said Joan, a clinical social worker. “I just went into complete attack mode. It was awful. It didn’t occur to me, ‘What are you going to do when you see them at Christmas?’ ”

When the exchange was over, Lisa unfriended Joan on Facebook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 15, 2019 5:25 PM

In other court news....

Austin American Statesman: In Alex Jones' Sandy Hook deposition, a persona undone

"I cannot emphasize enough how much this man is not taking these lawsuits seriously and has refused to do any preparation to testify," Brooke Binkowski, former managing editor of the fact-checking site Snopes, who is an expert witness for the plaintiffs in the Sandy Hook cases, tweeted after Jones' Nov. 26 deposition, which she attended. "It's an absolute train wreck and honestly gratifying to watch, but the disrespect to the Sandy Hook parents is palpable."

As Houston attorney Mark Bankston, representing Sandy Hook parents in four suits in Austin against Jones and his InfoWars operation, on Nov. 26 methodically asked Jones to explain how he came to report that tragedy as a hoax supposedly orchestrated as a pretext to crack down on gun rights, a subdued Jones seemed mostly befuddled.

Forty-four times he answered, "I don't remember;" 51 times, "I don't know."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 15, 2019 5:40 PM

That deposition needs to be broadcast over CNN, fux and every goddam AM radio station Multiple times a day from 6-9 am and again from 3-7pm just so the fools who follow this shit bag can hear what a pathetic coward he is.

Every last one of these goddamned liars needs to be stripped of their assets, jailed and have their sniveling confessions played on their shows endlessly instead of programming.

Anyone who gets the brilliant idea to start shit like this up again - denying the facts - needs to be beaten in the streets and left for dead.

I am fucking sick to death of these liars, con artists, grifters and thugs getting away with this shit.

People who follow these pukes need to be beaten and sent to "re-education" camps. Fuck this hate speech being "first amendment". It's a cover to spew lies and incite violence.

I would bet that 90% of the cunts who listen to this bullshit are goddamned useless white men.

End rant

by Anonymousreply 55December 15, 2019 6:51 PM

NYT:

The D.N.C. Chairman Knows No One Is Happy. Neither Is He.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 15, 2019 7:07 PM

R44 and that's why we NEED public access to Trump's financial records. That would put the nail in his "I'm a very successful self-made billionaire businessman" coffin

by Anonymousreply 57December 15, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote]Chuck Toad had a discussion with voters in Michigan who seemed to be willfully ignorant of the facts.

I saw that, and it appeared that all the Michigan voters at that table were Republican. They weren't a representative cross-section.

by Anonymousreply 58December 15, 2019 8:18 PM

The (right wing) media is selling Putin's and the GOP's narrative that Trump will win the 2020 election fair and square, because the voters side with Trump over being treated so mean and disrespectful by the petty Dems.

by Anonymousreply 59December 15, 2019 8:21 PM

the Democrats still need to start putting out a lot of ads on both tv and online in support of impeachment. They should not let the repubs win the ad battle. With 50% of the country in favor there's no reason for Democrats to back down.

by Anonymousreply 60December 15, 2019 8:25 PM

Chris Wallace.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 15, 2019 8:27 PM

The current average at 538 shows those in favor of impeachment still ahead:

Dec. 15, 2019

48.0% Support Impeachment

45.9% Don't Support Impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 15, 2019 8:30 PM

[quote] R12: Just a reminder that Trump can’t contain his bowels and wears diapers.

I was writing this two years ago and getting no traction, so now I’m mad.

by Anonymousreply 63December 15, 2019 8:34 PM

[quote]and that's why we NEED public access to Trump's financial records. That would put the nail in his "I'm a very successful self-made billionaire businessman" coffin

The NYT reported earlier this year that Trump lost more money than any other American between 1985 and 1994. If that didn't put the nail in the coffin of his "self-made billionaire businessman" claim -- and it did not -- then nothing will.

by Anonymousreply 64December 15, 2019 8:35 PM

R64 I think getting his returns for the last 10 years would be a major blow to Trump if there are embarrassing bombshells in there and there probably are

by Anonymousreply 65December 15, 2019 8:39 PM

L.A. Times:

Scuffles break out in Glendale as Rep. Adam Schiff speaks at Armenian genocide event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 15, 2019 9:09 PM

L.A. Times:

Senate impeachment trial is expected. How it will work is very uncertain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 15, 2019 9:43 PM

Washington Post:

Senate GOP defends Trump, despite oath to be impartial impeachment jurors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 15, 2019 9:46 PM

Washington Post:

Freshman Democrats push for Amash as impeachment manager

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 15, 2019 9:51 PM

r69 Thats actually a brilliant idea. Amash IS a conservative...in every sense of the word....but hes also smart...very smart...and a patriot. He will make no bones about whats going on. I dont like his politics, but I respect him for his intelligence, I saw him speak once and I was mesmerized...he makes his point without all the bullshit GOP talking points

by Anonymousreply 70December 15, 2019 10:03 PM

yeah enlisting Amash would prove this is not strictly a "partisan vote" and might also embolden more conservative Democrats to vote for impeachment

by Anonymousreply 71December 15, 2019 10:44 PM

Study finds that Republicans believe white people experience as much racism as black people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 15, 2019 10:51 PM

Ted Cruz humiliates himself with failed defense of Trump ON AIR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 15, 2019 10:58 PM

[quote] R69: Freshman Democrats push for Amash as impeachment manager

I posted about this days ago, but it’s a dumb idea. These are plumb assignments. Lots of visibility. A way to become better known. A perfect job for Eric Swalwell, for example. Or that Indian fella. i looked up the spelling last time, this time, I just give up. Same for any other Dem rising stars.

by Anonymousreply 74December 15, 2019 11:08 PM

r74...its a group...there isnt just one....I think theres four.....

by Anonymousreply 75December 15, 2019 11:13 PM

[quote]Study finds that Republicans believe white people experience as much racism as black people

I think the studies that say that Repugs are fucking idiots covers all the other studies. Glad they are dying at a massive rate. One more generation and they'll all be gone.

by Anonymousreply 76December 15, 2019 11:14 PM

And then we think it's cute and folksy when a lying war criminal hands Michelle Obama a piece of candy.

by Anonymousreply 77December 15, 2019 11:15 PM

Fuck putting Amash on the grand stage. Just because he hates Trump doesn't make him a good guy. He has a lot of other shitty positions and we do not need to be upping his profile.

by Anonymousreply 78December 15, 2019 11:16 PM

Its not about upping his profile...Its about gutting one of their defenses....that this is strictly a Democratic smear on Trump. Amash also is brilliant at public speaking and making an effective case.

by Anonymousreply 79December 15, 2019 11:21 PM

OMG. If the Democrats fall ONCE AGAIN for that "But he's a GOOD non-Democrat!" CRAPOLA, re: Amash, we Democrats will absolutely deserve not only Trump's acquittal in the Senate, but we will also roundly deserve a TROUNCING at the polls next November.

So r70 and r71 are either stunningly ignorant of modern U.S. political history, or they are posting from Russia or one of its satellites (e.g., Kentucky).

by Anonymousreply 80December 15, 2019 11:21 PM

[quote] I would bet that 90% of the cunts who listen to this bullshit are goddamned useless white men.

I’m an older, gay white man, lifetime Democrat and Liberal, stumped precincts for George McGovern against Richard Nixon, contributed money I could scarcely afford to Hillary to keep Trump out of office. We’re not all goddamned useless. You owe me an apology, asshat.

by Anonymousreply 81December 15, 2019 11:25 PM

That goes for you, too, r79. WTH should Democrats care about appearing "partisan"? DO REPUBLICANS??!!

by Anonymousreply 82December 15, 2019 11:25 PM

r80...You really cant be that ignorant, CAN YOU ? THIS IS NOT ABOUT POLITICAL PARTY...THIS IS ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION AND OUR DEMOCRACY...THERE IS NO PARTY. Do you think if 20 Senate Republicans joined us its a bad thing ?

by Anonymousreply 83December 15, 2019 11:25 PM

Our mission is to convince 20...TWENTY...Senate Republicans to convict and remove Trump...who do you think they would be willing to listen to ....ALL Democrats, or a mix of Democrats and a Republican or two ?

by Anonymousreply 84December 15, 2019 11:29 PM

Politico:

Senate Dems ask that Mick Mulvaney and John Bolton testify at impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 15, 2019 11:29 PM

r83, FU.

If those 20 Republicans can't vote on the evidence but must be catered to by our foolishly "reaching across the aisle (that no Republican is EVER asked to reach across)", then they are persons of no ethics, or character, or morals.

IOW, they would just look at you with pity after voting for acquittal, while saying, "You knew what we were when you appeased us."

by Anonymousreply 86December 15, 2019 11:29 PM

r86....thats your mistake....this is not about a policy issue...or a confirmation vote...this is much, much larger. This is much larger than following lock step with Mitch McConnell. There are quite a few Senators who take this very seriously, as they should. Theyre not all political hacks like Lindsey Graham. They served our country and their oath means something to them.

by Anonymousreply 87December 15, 2019 11:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 15, 2019 11:37 PM

I wish I could draw. My cartoon idea: the House Congress lunchroom with big congregations talking gregariously on two sides, with Congressman Amash in the middle sitting alone, like he has cooties.

by Anonymousreply 89December 15, 2019 11:45 PM

R75, there were 13 impeachment manages with Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 90December 15, 2019 11:49 PM

Sad that the country is thisclose to ending Trump's presidency and we can't get there. Surely there are Never-Trumpers, Trump haters, etc. in that group of Republicans who could side with the Democrats. It would just take a handful.

Trump will do something even more egregious next, and they'll wish they took their chance to fire him.

by Anonymousreply 91December 15, 2019 11:53 PM

Tribune News Service:

Devin Nunes lives on a congressman's salary. How is he funding so many lawsuits?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 15, 2019 11:53 PM

Trump is underwater in states he narrowly won: -14 in WI and MI; -13 in IA; -7 in PA; and -4 in AZ.

Despite impeachment and being -14 in WI, Biden is the only Dem beating Trump there and only by one percent.

by Anonymousreply 93December 15, 2019 11:53 PM

Trump is underwater in states he narrowly won: -14 in WI and MI; -13 in IA; -7 in PA; and -4 in AZ.

Despite impeachment and being -14 in WI, Biden is the only Dem beating Trump there and only by one percent.

by Anonymousreply 94December 15, 2019 11:53 PM

Who is paying for Devin's million-dollar lawsuits?:

"Nunes’ main reported income, according to his latest financial disclosure covering 2018, is his congressional salary, which is $174,000 per year. His wife is an elementary school teacher in California, and her salary is his only other reported income besides a low interest payment on a savings account. He is also the father to three daughters."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 15, 2019 11:58 PM

[quote] Devin Nunes lives on a congressman's salary. How is he funding so many lawsuits?

Gee, that’s a toughie.

by Anonymousreply 96December 16, 2019 12:01 AM

R85, the should subpoena Trump .

by Anonymousreply 97December 16, 2019 12:04 AM

Trump would NEVER testify.....they would rip him to shreds and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 98December 16, 2019 12:06 AM

Agreed, R98.

That's also why he avoided meeting with Mueller face to face.

by Anonymousreply 99December 16, 2019 12:07 AM

R96 Nunes is wealthy. He comes from a "farm family" and he went into business with a Russian. They own vineyards. Yes. Russian business partners. He is in very deep. He is a sneaky, underhanded little bitch. Arrogant too.

by Anonymousreply 100December 16, 2019 12:10 AM

Sure needs to be a lot more follow up on Nunes' trips to Las Vegas. A lot more.

by Anonymousreply 101December 16, 2019 12:10 AM

CAN'T ANY DEMOCRAT IN THE NEXT HEARINGS, PULL OUT A PIECE OF PAPER and one by one list all the republicans that have taken russian money in any way?

by Anonymousreply 102December 16, 2019 12:18 AM

At least Russian asset Dana Rohrabacher was defeated in the 2018 Midterms.

by Anonymousreply 103December 16, 2019 12:23 AM

R102 that's an excellent idea. I wish to hell one of them would have done it during the hearings. At the very least, we do have a record of Putin admitting he wanted Trump to win, we have the platform of the Republican Party changed in regard to Ukraine and we have Manafort, a convicted felon in prison right now who was up to his neck in Ukraine politics on Putin's side favoring the corrupt oligarchs.And how many Russians are currently under indictment in the USA from the Mueller investigation? I'd remind the American people of those facts and then list out members of Congress with Russian money in their pockets.

by Anonymousreply 104December 16, 2019 12:41 AM

Amash as an impeachment manager is a fucking brilliant idea.

He supported impeachment early on, and the GOP literally booted him from the party. This gesture would be a strong "FUCK YOU" to the GOP.

This is war, start acting like it.

by Anonymousreply 105December 16, 2019 12:54 AM

Pelosi likes to work in a bipartisan fashion whenever she can so I could really see her including Amash in the group

by Anonymousreply 106December 16, 2019 1:05 AM

I always thought it suspicious that so far, with the exception of the actual Russians involved, nobody was charged with conspiracy with Russia...Manafort, Flynn, Gates, etc...that leads me to believe something MUCH bigger is going to be busting loose in the future. We know what theyve been doing, IC knows what theyve been doing, law enforcement knows what theyve been doing....but nobody has been charged for it....YET

by Anonymousreply 107December 16, 2019 1:05 AM

R107 the threshold to establish conspiracy is very high. Basically Mueller found NUMEROUS examples of Trump campaign working with Russia. What they couldn't find and what they needed to find to establish conspiracy was evidence of an agreement.

Now it's likely Mueller couldn't find that because of A) some evidence was destroyed B) more than 1 person interviewed lied C) some relevant people from Trump to Russians were not interviewed

by Anonymousreply 108December 16, 2019 1:09 AM

the Judiciary report is supposed to come out before midnight tonight. It's now 9 PM any updates?

by Anonymousreply 109December 16, 2019 1:09 AM

Mueller stated in his report that people lied, withheld and destroyed evidence...and he urged congress to pursue it because he turned it over to counter-intelligence...thats why Congress has been chasing the CI in the courts

by Anonymousreply 110December 16, 2019 1:20 AM

[quote]R40 He specifically said he wanted Zelensky to investigate the Bidens.

What I don’t see stressed enough is Mr. Trump pushing for PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT that there would be an investigation.

This just makes it more obvious any benefit would be all for HIM ... not for “justice” or anything like that.

I don’t think he was as invested in real investigation as he was in the ANNOUNCEMENT of one (in order to sway voters away from Biden.)

by Anonymousreply 111December 16, 2019 1:53 AM

Well, Trump got his "announcement" after all. Because the Republicans successfully shifted the attention from Trump/Zelensky to Joe/Hunter. And there's no doubt it hurt Biden's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 112December 16, 2019 2:09 AM

"Study finds that Republicans believe white people experience as much racism as black people"

These same dumb assholes think gay rights are "special rights"

by Anonymousreply 113December 16, 2019 2:30 AM

Creepy Carter Page wants his lawyers to get to the bottom of thing$.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 16, 2019 2:41 AM

^^ dear god, he really looks like someone who'd knock you out and tie you up to water pipes in his basement.

by Anonymousreply 115December 16, 2019 2:50 AM

Rep Van Drew is a coward and a sell out. Does Putin or Pres Bone Spurs have something on him? I was in disbelief hearing he was actually going to switch parties.

Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 116December 16, 2019 3:21 AM

I hope huge numbers of people (especially young) turn out to protest tonight. These Rep. dingbats only listen to Fox and Trump. Seeing that lots of people (in their districts) are not happy with Trump may help a few do the right thing and vote for impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 117December 16, 2019 7:06 AM

Awful, just awful characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 16, 2019 10:41 AM

R117 I like that there are protests planned for Tuesday, but shouldn't we save the rioting in the streets until the inevitable "No" vote comes in from the Senate?

by Anonymousreply 119December 16, 2019 11:28 AM

I believe there is audio, there is an e-mail trail, and/or text messages involving Donnie Jr. Or Parscale, Mannifort, or someone, even Roger Stone or Michael Cohen, Devin Nunes, Ryan, etc. but somewhere out there is the acknowledgement, and a discussion, about conspiring, cooperating, etc. with Russia. Names of operatives, oligarchs, etc. Kevin McCarthy saying something about Russians paying off people was an accident, but there have been other even more credible conversations. It would be impossible to keep it a secret.

Barr was brought in to clean house. I bet he's been suppressing and destroying evidence where ever he can find it. But he will never be able to kill this story. There is evidence out there. Just like when his DoJ guys raided Epstein's island retreat the day after he was killed. If this was a movie, who'd believe it? But it's not. It's happening now. And they're scrambling all over Washington to stop the whole damned thing from falling apart. Nixon would be proud.

That's why the Supreme Court agreed to hear the case about Trump's taxes. IMO they've been compromised, and they will protect him. They'll find a pretext, some "special" technical reason why Congress cannot have access to his taxes. Ordinarily, in such a case, the Supremes would just decide not to hear the case and let the lower court ruling stand. Decide not to decide. But they want to hear the case.

It is a simple, obvious uncomplicated matter of Law but they want to hear it so they can rule on whether Congress, a co-equal branch, has the right to access the President's tax returns during a legitimate investigation. Why do they even need to? Right? Lots of threads to this mess. And everywhere there seems to be a dead end that comes up. THings go so far and then they get stopped.

It's out there. And our IC, and the FBI have it. There's been some conscious decision not to make it public. Why has it not been exposed? Because it's too explosive and because it might be related to other shit still going on. I mean if there are 50 Republicans and even some Democrats that have been exposed, corrupted, if more than one third of our Congress are Russian cooperators, I can't imagine anything bigger but maybe that's why it's never been made public. We "know" the Russia's did this but we don't know. And officials have said publicly: The Russians could not have done this without our help.

by Anonymousreply 120December 16, 2019 11:48 AM

Well, the 2020 hacked election being officially declared legit by SCOTUS would put a stop on trying to make things right within the Constitution. I imagine that's what Putin and McConnell are going for by sending Ginsburg evites for games of Squash.

by Anonymousreply 121December 16, 2019 12:09 PM

NBC:

House Judiciary Committee publishes full impeachment report to Congress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 16, 2019 12:25 PM

Is Roberts, as the presiding justice, able to remove “jurors” who refuse to take an oath of impartiality or whose actions, such as coordinating with the impeached, are in gross violation of the oath?

by Anonymousreply 123December 16, 2019 12:26 PM

All the Trumpsters I hear go on and on about the economy. How great their stocks are doing, jobs, etc. which is bs because I know a lot of people who are looking and not finding, including me. I have a current job but I've been sending my resume around and received nothing back. Other people have said the same.

by Anonymousreply 124December 16, 2019 12:51 PM

Washington Post:

Fact Checker: President Trump has made 15,413 false or misleading claims over 1,055 days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 16, 2019 12:53 PM

Washington Post: ‘You deserve that’: Commissioner’s wife arrested after dumping soda over a reporter’s head

The incident comes amid mounting concerns about hostility toward the press starting at the highest levels of government, with President Trump’s frequent cries of “fake news,” and trickling down to local news. This year, reporters have been threatened with arrest in Wisconsin if they failed to print a government news release word-for-word and in full (a resolution later rescinded), and have been threatened in Oregon with a criminal investigation for harassment for calling county employees on their personal cellphones (an investigation soon abandoned). Since 2017, 55 reporters have been attacked while covering protests, including one who was assaulted by a Trump supporter during a campaign rally, according to U.S. Press Freedom Tracker.

Trump’s broadsides against the press, both at his rallies and on Twitter, typically come in response to critical reports that he does not like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 16, 2019 12:59 PM

Why tf can't they just say "lies"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 16, 2019 1:00 PM

From FUX:

President Trump on Sunday took a swipe at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., over her response to a reporter who asked why bribery wasn’t included in the newly unveiled articles of impeachment, despite Democrats – including the speaker herself – having leveled those charges repeatedly against the president throughout impeachment proceedings.

“You yourself accused [Trump] of bribery,” the reporter asked.

“Why did you decide not to make bribery one of the articles of impeachment?”

Pelosi said the decision not to include bribery in the articles of impeachment against Trump came after “working together with our committee chairs, our attorneys and the rest.”

In a retweet of Pelosi’s response, Trump wrote that the House speaker’s teeth “were falling out of her mouth, and she didn’t have time to think!”

He then followed up the tweet by writing that “Congressional Do Nothing Democrats are being absolutely decimated in their districts on the subject of the Impeachment Hoax.”

“Crazy Nancy is finding defending Shifty Schiff harder than she thought!” he tweeted, in reference to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., one of the most visible figures of the impeachment inquiry.

Pelosi did not immediately respond.

by Anonymousreply 128December 16, 2019 1:03 PM

Politico:

Judiciary Committee impeachment report alleges Trump committed 'multiple federal crimes'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 16, 2019 1:07 PM

Reuters:

EXPLAINER-The case for Trump's impeachment - and the case against it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 16, 2019 1:10 PM

Reuters:

Trump campaign says impeachment backfiring. Not really, polls suggest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 16, 2019 1:14 PM

Newsweek: Lindsey Graham Says He Doesn't 'Need to Hear a Lot of Witnesses' Before Senate Impeachment Vote

Lindsey Graham has revealed his "disdain" for the impeachment inquiry and said he doesn't need to hear "a lot of witnesses" to decide how he will vote if President Donald Trump is put on trial in the Senate.

He also advised President Trump to "get out of the way" when somebody is ready to acquit him, adding that he believed witness statements from Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo would harm the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 16, 2019 1:18 PM

Reuters:

Reuters' Pictures of the Year: U.S. politics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 16, 2019 1:30 PM

The Hill: Dems want tougher language on election security in defense bill

While the concerns won't prevent the Senate from approving the massive bill, they are likely to lead to complaints as Democrats continue to press the issue of election security next year.

"We can't mandate that, but we could say if you want to take the federal money, you've got to meet these prerequisites," Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.), the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said of the paper ballot issue. "I still don't think we're as protected as we should be going into the 2020 election."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 16, 2019 1:54 PM

Rudy G. says he's got all the goods on nefarious Biden doings from Viktor Shokin, the disgraced former prosecutor general of Ukraine. Rudy also claims that Shokin rose from the dead ... twice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 16, 2019 2:04 PM

^^^^^^^^^ I certainly hope so. Roberts better show some balls, impeccable impartial judgement, and take control of this Republican freak show in the making.

by Anonymousreply 136December 16, 2019 2:11 PM

My comment @ R136 is meant to respond to R123.

by Anonymousreply 137December 16, 2019 2:13 PM

Why hasn’t Rudy Guiliani been charged with something at this point? At the very least, he is guilty of violating the Logan Act for which Mike Flynn was also famously charged.

by Anonymousreply 138December 16, 2019 2:28 PM

Brian Kilmeade "stunned" by Fox News poll showing majority of Americans favor impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 16, 2019 2:32 PM

[bold]Russian state TV airs segment called "Puppet Master and ‘Agent’—How to Understand Lavrov’s Meeting with Trump"[/bold]

[quote]Russian state television still views the impending impeachment as a bump in the road that won’t lead to President Trump’s removal from office. But President Vladimir Putin’s propaganda brigades enjoy watching the heightened divisions in the United States, and the negative impact on the relations between the U.S. and Ukraine.

[quote]They’ve also added a cynical new a narrative filled with half-joking ironies as they look at the American president’s bleak prospects when he does leave office.

[quote]Appearing on [italic]Sunday Evening with Vladimir Soloviev,[/italic] Mikhail Gusman, first deputy director general of ITAR-TASS, Russia's oldest and largest news agency, predicted: “Sooner or later, the Democrats will come back into power. The next term or the term after that, it doesn’t matter... I have an even more unpleasant forecast for Trump. After the White House, he will face a very unhappy period.”

[quote]The host, Vladimir Soloviev, smugly asked: “Should we get another apartment in Rostov ready?” Soloviev’s allusion was to the situation of Viktor Yanukovych, former president of Ukraine, who was forced to flee to Russia in 2014 and settled in the city of Rostov-on-Don.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 16, 2019 2:37 PM

I was just revisiting this from the Washington Post....

Opinions | Where is Matt Gaetz’s humanity?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 16, 2019 2:39 PM

Also this one....

Washington Post: Opinions | Don’t worry, Sen. Graham. No one thought you’d be fair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 16, 2019 2:45 PM

Gaetz is a vile, despicable, abomination of a human being.

by Anonymousreply 143December 16, 2019 2:46 PM

Literally hold Impeachment in the House and don’t send it to the Senate. Message will be vote Democratic and “we’ll get rid of this fucker one way or another”. What’s the point to send it to the Senate when they’ll obviously absolve him?

by Anonymousreply 144December 16, 2019 4:58 PM

Ruby Julie: "I believed that I needed Yovanovitch out of the way. She was going to make the investigations difficult for everybody."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 16, 2019 5:09 PM

Since polls always skew Republican (who else has the time to lounge around taking political polls on their expensive gadgets?) it means that most of the country- even people who voted for Dotard- want him gone. No problem there.

But we can't get our elected officials to do their job.

Will we have to take matters into our own hands?

by Anonymousreply 146December 16, 2019 5:11 PM

It's all right there, r145.....

by Anonymousreply 147December 16, 2019 5:22 PM

he sounds like a huge asshole

by Anonymousreply 148December 16, 2019 6:02 PM

r144 Precisely.

As for that Fux poll: I smell a rat. If they inflate support for impeachment now, they can later say support for impeachment is waning. "Look! He's the comeback kid!"

by Anonymousreply 149December 16, 2019 6:13 PM

WSJ: More On-the-Fence Democrats Back Impeachment of Trump

Rep. Elissa Slotkin of Michigan, a first-term Democrat representing a district Mr. Trump won, said in an opinion article that she was supporting impeachment, citing the danger to democracy from Mr. Trump’s behavior.

“I’ve been told more times that I can count that the vote I’ll be casting this week will mark the end of my short political career. That may be,” she wrote. “There are some decisions in life that have to be made based on what you know in your bones is right.”

“This could make us one-term members, and if that’s the case so be it,” Rep. Dean Phillips of Minnesota, a freshman Democrat who supports impeachment, said in a weekend interview.

Two Democrats have said they are opposed, including one, Rep. Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey, who has indicated he will switch parties over his decision to break with Democrats over impeachment. Rep. Collin Peterson of Minnesota has also said he would vote against impeachment.

Several members of Mr. Van Drew’s staff resigned over the weekend after he informed them of the planned party switch. Mr. Van Drew hasn’t officially informed Democratic leadership that he is switching parties, according to a Democratic aide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150December 16, 2019 6:24 PM

Why haven't we/ or WHEN are we going to get to hear any testimony from those Ukranian thugs Parnas and his sidekick? I thought the Feds got them and supposedly they had reams of documentation including electronic data on Trump and Rudy they were willing to swap for a deal?

by Anonymousreply 151December 16, 2019 6:24 PM

R143 what did he do this time?

by Anonymousreply 152December 16, 2019 6:25 PM

haha yes! Schumer in his speech just now included the phrase we discussed the other day "what is he hiding?"

that needs to be said by every Democrat giving a speech. Trump IS hiding a lot

by Anonymousreply 153December 16, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote] What’s the point to send it to the Senate when they’ll obviously absolve him?

Show the public, without a shadow of a doubt, that McConnell's Republican Party backs a crazy criminal who is an asset of Vladimir Putin. Their straw arguments of why they don't convict Trump will rip their patriotic "Support Our Troops" masks off for good and hopefully will tick off so many conservatives voters that they will rather stay at home than vote for the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 154December 16, 2019 6:27 PM

sorry, will tick off so many conservative voters ...

by Anonymousreply 155December 16, 2019 6:28 PM

Subpoena Putin to testify!

by Anonymousreply 156December 16, 2019 6:34 PM

Politico: Carly Fiorina calls for impeaching Trump — but doesn't rule out voting for him in 2020

"I think it is vital that he be impeached," the former Hewlett-Packard CEO said in an hour-long interview on CNN’s "Boss Files with Poppy Harlow.”

When asked if the president should be removed from office, Fiorina said, "this close to an election, I don't know."

Fiorina went on to condemn the president’s open attacks on Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the National Security Council official and decorated Army officer who testified to House investigators about Trump’s attempts to pressure Ukraine to open investigations into his own political rivals.

"Some of this conduct, like publicly berating a decorated war veteran who shows up in response to a lawfully issued subpoena of Congress, I think that conduct is not just unbecoming, I think it's destructive to our republic," Fiorina said.

Fiorina herself is no stranger to attacks from the president. In a 2015 interview, Trump mocked the CEO’s appearance, saying, "Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?"

Despite their public scuffles, Fiorina, who was rumored to have been considered for a cabinet position after losing the 2016 Republican nomination, said she did vote for Trump in the general election, citing her disapproval of Democratic nominee and former secretary of state Hillary Clinton. Since casting her vote, she said she’s been “bitterly disappointed” by the president, but sidestepped questions of whether she would support Trump in 2020.

"It depends who the Democrats put up," she said, refusing to rule out a vote for Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 16, 2019 6:39 PM

ABC:

Former FBI, CIA director slams AG Barr over reaction to DOJ watchdog report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 16, 2019 6:43 PM

Will somebody PLEASE punch me in the cunt?

by Anonymousreply 159December 16, 2019 6:44 PM

I don’t know, R159. That might be the smart way to play it if you’re talking to Republicans. They’re very eager to brand somebody anti-Trump, and then not listen to a word they say.

Just saying Trump should be impeached, and pointing out he went against Vindman, might appeal to those few Republicans that might have some decency left.

She’s not saying she will vote for Trump, either. And she ran on the Republican ticket. So it’s not a Democrat saying it. It’s somebody in the club.

My guess is there’s some talks happening behind the scenes within the party, and they’re not all pro-Trump. This could be a dog whistle.

by Anonymousreply 160December 16, 2019 6:50 PM

You only tweet 109 times in one day (!) if you are scared shitless.

by Anonymousreply 161December 16, 2019 7:02 PM

If you cannot March tomorrow, call your senators and reps.

If they are rethug, remind them that a majority of people, according to the latest fux poll, want the fucker impeached and removed. What's he hiding?

If they are a dem, tell them you support impeachment and expect them to as well.

Send emails, write postcards, tweet, post on their FB pages. Be heard! These treasonous cunts want to pretend everything is fine and no one cares.

Price them wrong. Again. Stand up and be the people Hong Kong thinks you are!

by Anonymousreply 162December 16, 2019 7:07 PM

Only 5?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163December 16, 2019 7:26 PM

I don’t believe in holding the articles of impeachment in the House, and not sending them to the Senate. But if they are going to play funny, are set on that, how about they send only one article and hold the other?

by Anonymousreply 164December 16, 2019 7:49 PM

Good ole' Rudy opens his big mouth again....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 16, 2019 7:52 PM

Deny,deny,deny,admit,and everyone shrugs their shoulders and moves on.

by Anonymousreply 166December 16, 2019 8:04 PM

Somone posted this Malcolm Nance video on the previous thread. I was spellbound listening to it. He does an amazing and concise job explaining Trump's relationship with Putin, how long ago it went back - (mid 80s), the Ukraine connection, and states a dire warning near the end. I urge everybody to watch this.

I think it deserves a thread of it's own.

Thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 16, 2019 8:11 PM

William Webster, a Republican, calls out Trump, Barr, and Giuliani by name for the damage they are doing to American democracy. His outspokenness should be a model for other retired senior officials. Speak up! The country is in crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168December 16, 2019 9:32 PM

Former FBI and CIA director William Webster takes on Trump, Barr and Giuliani: "Calling F.B.I. professionals “scum,” as the president did, is a slur against people who risk their lives to keep us safe."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 16, 2019 9:33 PM

We all know Trump projects. "Scum?" that aptly describes Trump himself, Barr, Giuliani, and all the others....

by Anonymousreply 170December 16, 2019 9:42 PM

Trump must have loved watching Kilmeade talk about how half the country wants Trump gone.

by Anonymousreply 171December 16, 2019 10:49 PM

Here is a funny parody song called Moscow Mitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 16, 2019 11:25 PM

A 2-room flat apartment in Rostov-on-Don sounds like a good place for ole Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 173December 17, 2019 1:17 AM

Van Drew took a lot of mon ey from the DNC and other Democratic organizations to get elected.

Something quite sordid, and not publicly disclosed, is behind all this.

by Anonymousreply 174December 17, 2019 1:26 AM

The Pod Save America guys are spinning the waning support for impeachment now, saying that the main thing we’re getting from it is stuff useful for campaign ads.

They were so desperate for impeachment, along with the Squad.

by Anonymousreply 175December 17, 2019 1:37 AM

Although Trump may escape justice in the Senate, once the House impeaches him he will always be an impeached President.

That stain will always be on his record, and it will bother him.

by Anonymousreply 176December 17, 2019 1:44 AM

Everyone, listen to the video R167 posted of Malcom Nance at the Commonwealth Club. Excellent, thanks for reposting.

by Anonymousreply 177December 17, 2019 1:47 AM

Trump will become the first president in US history to be impeached in his first term.

by Anonymousreply 178December 17, 2019 1:52 AM

R174, that’s interesting... do you think he’s being blackmailed ala Miss Lindz? It’s infuriating he got elected with Democratic money and now is betraying them.

by Anonymousreply 179December 17, 2019 1:55 AM

Politico:

Trump’s subpoena-defying claims legally flawed, ex-GOP lawmakers argue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 17, 2019 2:03 AM

Politico:

House vows to continue impeachment probes regardless of Senate outcome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 17, 2019 2:09 AM

Put the Republican Party on Trial. The Whole Thing. It will be easy. Just keep reminding everybody that Trump is clearly a crook and no Republican Senator gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 182December 17, 2019 2:10 AM

USA Today:

'What is Trump hiding?': Republican billboard aims at Trump's impeachment defiance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 17, 2019 2:13 AM

it really is a good slogan. Work it in throughout the fake "trial." What is Trump hiding? And what is Mitch? And oh yes, what is Lindsay?

by Anonymousreply 184December 17, 2019 2:14 AM

^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 17, 2019 2:14 AM

yes yes yes! Just as we discussed a few days ago "What's Trump hiding?" is PERFECT

make it a chant for Democratic crowds

by Anonymousreply 186December 17, 2019 2:21 AM

so 5 members of Van Drew's staff are resigning. Good for them. They must be disgusted

by Anonymousreply 187December 17, 2019 2:21 AM

The Hill: Conway says White House sees 'no reason' to bow to Democratic witness demands

"We don't do things just because Sen. [Chuck] Schumer asks us to do them. That's very clear," Conway told reporters at the White House Monday evening. "Starting on Oct. 8, our White House counsel made very clear that he looks at the entire process as unconstitutional, illegitimate, and ill-conceived."

"There is no reason for them to go and testify in the Senate trial, as far as we can see. Maybe someone will change their mind, but we haven't done that," Conway continued. "Why would we do that?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 17, 2019 2:23 AM

Politico:

How Trump and McCarthy wooed Jeff Van Drew to switch parties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 17, 2019 2:24 AM

Kelly Ann Cuntway makes such a good villainess. Please tell me you know how to use that, Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 190December 17, 2019 2:25 AM

The Hill:

McConnell tees up votes on 13 Trump judicial picks ahead of break

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 17, 2019 2:26 AM

WSJ:

GOP Senators Seek Quick Acquittal for Trump. The President Wants More.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 17, 2019 2:28 AM

Maybe one of the insiders lifted the “What’s he hiding?” slogan straight from DL!

by Anonymousreply 193December 17, 2019 2:29 AM

Interesting, r191. I know the power to block judicial nominees is gone, but can't Democrats raise questions about how corrupt they all are? Cause you just know they are? Have they promised to support Trump no matter what? Is that why they've been nominated? Are they corrupt in other ways? Who are these 13? Why is it so necessary to push them through in the midst of an impeachment trial? What have they promised Trump? Why?

by Anonymousreply 194December 17, 2019 2:30 AM

Lindsey is having a hissy-fit about House Democrat, Joe Cunningham, from Charleston, who declared he will vote in favor of impeachment.

Lindsey thinks he's suppose to control how S.C. House members vote, including the very few Democrats?

Graham thinks he is Trump's henchman?

Oh, and Cunningham is a handsome guy. Look elsewhere, Lindsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 17, 2019 2:35 AM

Has Chuck Schumer officially asked for Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham to recuse themselves based on their statements of being hopelessly partisan in this matter? If not, why not?

by Anonymousreply 196December 17, 2019 2:36 AM

And, more in sorrow than in anger, why isn't Chuck asking every Republican Senator to please state for the record that they have not reached a conclusion that the most corrupt president in American history is totally, so what, OMG, why should we care, Innocent!

by Anonymousreply 197December 17, 2019 2:41 AM

From r195 - Palmetto Politics:

SC’s US Rep. Joe Cunningham to vote in favor of impeaching Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 17, 2019 2:41 AM

R193 Many insiders do read these particular threads (going back to the Mueller ones).

I do not know anybody on Rep. Van Drew's staff but I heard week ago they were very agitated at his bewildering stances on even the inquiry. He fucked his staff and the Dems not even a year after being sworn in. Positive note- I have heard more of the media calling him a "conservative Democrat" so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 199December 17, 2019 2:43 AM

Oh No She Dint!!!

by Anonymousreply 200December 17, 2019 2:43 AM

FCI, how are Democrats going to turn this on the Republicans, all the Republicans? Come on, let's all stop dicking around here. This is not politics as usual. This is when the knives come out, if we have any, and I suspect we do.

by Anonymousreply 201December 17, 2019 2:47 AM

His plan for reelection is to win the red states plus Wisconsin, where 234k voters were just purged from the rolls. Most of those purged were people who had "probably" moved, aka Democrats. He won WI by only 0.77 percent of the vote in 2016. The only Dem beating Trump in WI is Biden - and only by one point. WI will decide the election.

Be afraid.

by Anonymousreply 202December 17, 2019 2:50 AM

R201 Polling is on the Dems side. I am talking about internal polling. The GOP machine is in an absolute frothing frenzy. They are turning people off. People are sick of this soap opera. Pres Bone Spurs has jumped the shark. It is nonstop drama. People are trying to enjoy their Holidays. What internal polling is showing is, the public is not having it. The public knows he did wrong. They will watch the GOP defend this behavior. Once the holidays are over the mood may change even more to the Dems favor. Internal polling shows the public is, by a good margin, leaning or on the Dems side on impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 203December 17, 2019 2:51 AM

well, I hope so, FCI. They cannot be shy about this stuff, and they cannot be "courteous." Hope they are ready to be vicious. In fact, if they would like to turn the messaging strategy over to DL, that would not be the worst decision.

by Anonymousreply 204December 17, 2019 2:53 AM

Impeach and don't send it over to the Senate until the Democratic leadership is satisfied with the Senate procedures. Deny the Senate an acquittal vote. Laurence Tribe wrote about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 17, 2019 2:56 AM

R202 No, he should be afraid. The polls now reflect the overall ebb regarding the Dem field. It will fire back up again. People are a bit sick of it and no one is having their moment right now. The polls reflect this. Meanwhile, Texas poll out this week shows Biden down by 1.

He is sitting in the low 40's for approval. And has been for a long time. Not a great position to be in.

R204 I have turned many of them on to DL. Trust. I've wondered if some post. I told them to never tell me as it would ruin the fun.

by Anonymousreply 206December 17, 2019 2:56 AM

it's really maddening how Trump's approval rating is fixed in the low 40s and won't drop lower. Unless the economy starts to decline in an obvious way that can't be spun, it will stay like that.

by Anonymousreply 207December 17, 2019 3:20 AM

TV cable media spent the weekend covering Republican aggression over the impeachment matter. Multiple Republicans were interviewed, with coordinated messaging. Then today, Democrats were responding.

Wish anchors would be more confrontational with Republicans defying facts, promoting false narratives, and repeating debunked conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 208December 17, 2019 3:22 AM

Please, everyone get that media suck. They suck ass. They suck ass like nobody has ever sucked ass before. If we are counting on the media to save this fucking country it is already doomed. Please, everyone, get this, now.

by Anonymousreply 209December 17, 2019 3:24 AM

But the media is the last hope. When the media goes, and it is not on great footing, the nation is gone as we knew it.

They allow too much whatabouttheotherside shit and not enough hard facts. STOP letting talking point spreading fuckhats on. Tape ALL interviews and air them with fact checks.

Conservatives don't want equal time. They have that now in spades. They get MORE time, actually. What they want is space to air their lies, spin and propaganda unfettered. Their views are not shared by the majority. They know this. They need to spread fear and hate and lies in order to have a chance their cheating with get them a win.

by Anonymousreply 210December 17, 2019 3:31 AM

Speaking of media...does anyone know whats going on at Voice of America ? The last I heard mention, Trump had appointed two young Trump supporters to run it (think Jacob Wohl type)....that was right after he was sworn in. Nobody ever followed up ?

by Anonymousreply 211December 17, 2019 3:35 AM

and sadly, telling the media to do their fucking jobs will work about as well as telling any other spoiled child to clean their fucking room. We need to get their attention in other ways. We need to shout, metaphorically of course. We need to calmly and rationally and in all fairness and love and joy explain that Mitch McConnell and every single Republican in the Senate is a traitor to their country. It may not be fair, but it creates the kind of drama we need right now.

by Anonymousreply 212December 17, 2019 3:37 AM

Army Facebook post spotlighting Nazi war criminal met with pushback

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213December 17, 2019 3:41 AM

and don't be afraid to call them what they are: whores and cult members. Every fucking one of them. Yes, Susan, you too.

by Anonymousreply 214December 17, 2019 3:42 AM

FCI, have you had a chance to listen to the Malcolm Nance interview posted upthread? I Implore you and everyone else here. He addresses my fear about vote hacking near the end of the interview. I'd like your opinion on his warning regarding other countries hacking.

Question: what could be worse than Trump winning 2020? Trump losing 2020! For the reason Nance discusses.

by Anonymousreply 215December 17, 2019 3:45 AM

FCI, are any of these alleged insiders in our midst sexy and attractive?

by Anonymousreply 216December 17, 2019 3:50 AM

R215 Not yet. What number post is it? I will watch it later. He is one of the best at laying out the stakes.

As far as vote hacking here and elsewhere- it has happened and is happening in ways that keep me up at night. 2016 was stolen by many ways but vote changing was one. Why isn't it out there when I am reporting it as if it is common knowledge? Hard proof. Tracks have been covered but our IC is on it. I will take a deep dive into it one night.

R216 A few trolls and some drop to your knees begging please such as yours truly! :)

by Anonymousreply 217December 17, 2019 3:52 AM

FCI, see R167. And thanks for the tea! 🙂

by Anonymousreply 218December 17, 2019 3:55 AM

anyone know if Ted Lieu will be healthy to vote on Wednesday? He missed last week's Judiciary Hearings after having chest pain and got surgery for it.

by Anonymousreply 219December 17, 2019 3:58 AM

R218 You all think Swalwell dropped out because he wasn't getting traction? Hmmmm

A lot of DNC staff, aides, staff in Congress visit DL thanks to the Mueller threads. You all impressed the hell outta them. Apply for jobs! We need you!

by Anonymousreply 220December 17, 2019 4:00 AM

"the whole enchilota"

I'm sure that pairs well with a cup of covfefe.

by Anonymousreply 221December 17, 2019 4:21 AM

Or perhaps you would like a hamberder.

by Anonymousreply 222December 17, 2019 4:21 AM

[quote]r220 A lot of DNC staff, aides, staff in Congress visit DL thanks to the Mueller threads. You all impressed the hell outta them. Apply for jobs! We need you!

You tell your high and mighty friends on the Hill that [italic]I WANT TO KNOW:[/italic]

1.) Why Mr. Trump sent his personal attorney - one not paid with government funds - to negotiate matters of state. This is a clear indication it was all for Mr. Trump's personal benefit, insured along with it attorney/client secrecy (ie, privilege) for himself. How does that benefit the U.S. or its citizens in any way, shape or form? ANSWER ME!

B.) As I harped upthread, Why was Mr. Trump fixated on the public announcement of a foreign investigation? Investigations usually begin quietly, with behind the scenes fact finding. You could even say that publicly announcing an investigation imediately might hamper it. This insistance on an announcement from the Ukraine indicates he didn't care about the results, only that his opponent's name would be announced in a negative way.

I have many, many other brilliant insights which could well save the day, BTW. Contact me here! All I ask in exchange for my testimony and/or cross examination consulting skills is a husband. #PleaseArrangeThankYou

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223December 17, 2019 4:48 AM

Ahhh, and once again, (like every night for weeks), the ex-Faux News pundit, now onboard with CNN, Kirsten Powers, hands former Senator Rick (I have 5 kids) Sanitarium Santorum, his lady balls back to him tonight on Anderson Cooper’s 360.

Cooper raised the point that both Nixon and Clinton offered Congress administration witnesses to testify in their impeachment inquiries. Ms. Powers then turns to smarmy, Trump-licker Ricky and asks “why do the Democrats have to GO TO COURT to get Trump’s witnesses to testify.” Twitchy-eyed and curly lipped Santorum replies, “because he doesn’t follow precedent”. Powers then verbally smacks him in the face saying “that’s not an answer; you didn’t answer my question.” Santorum shrugs.

Why do they continually pay this cunt to spin and spew his toxic cotton candy. Really. Is it that the fair and balanced reporting mantra I keep hearing about CNN? Or, is plopping the likes of Santorum on their panel CNN’s effort to show swing voters what an asshole looks like as they try to defend the indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 224December 17, 2019 5:36 AM

R224 It's difficult for CNN to get somewhat acceptable aka honest or credible republican pundits. They have a long list of casualties who said or tweeted something racist, anti-semitic, or just plain indefensible. They hired then fired Paris Dennard, Steve Cortez, Ed Henry (?), that Reagan-loving Jewish guy who's name escapes me. So many others. Credible Republicans who can put two words together are very hard to find.

by Anonymousreply 225December 17, 2019 6:30 AM

R223 As Rutherford B. Hayes once told me.. " Never involve oneself in low politics".

by Anonymousreply 226December 17, 2019 6:47 AM

Yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 17, 2019 7:36 AM

Rep. Joe Cunningham at R198 is a hot Southern Dem.

by Anonymousreply 228December 17, 2019 8:22 AM

R225 - Yes, I see your point. The few Republican pundits appearing of CNN that I can listen to are, John Kasich, Ana Navarro, Charlie Dent, and Nixon’s lawyer, John Dean.

I think the Jewish/ Regan guy your thinking of is Jeffrey Lord. He’s the rabid dump defender that tweeted “sieg heil” in his response to the president of Media Matters. Complete and utter disaster. He loves Trump so much, that I think he would volunteer to be the person Trump shoots on 5th Avenue.

R224

by Anonymousreply 229December 17, 2019 10:01 AM

[quote]have you had a chance to listen to the Malcolm Nance interview posted upthread?

I like Nance, but his penchant for hyperbole got him booted from MSNBC earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 230December 17, 2019 11:43 AM

FCI - Tell your friends that they need to have Giulani make a report to Congress. Then you have to have each and every Democrat wear a tin foil hat during the hearing. Have them ask really ridiculous questions, like, Do you think Walt Disney will be unfrozen in time to vote for Trump in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 231December 17, 2019 11:47 AM

Ruby Julie doubles down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232December 17, 2019 12:04 PM

[quote]”There is no reason for them to go and testify in the Senate trial, as far as we can see. Maybe someone will change their mind, but we haven't done that," Conway continued. "Why would we do that?"

Can’t wait to see that bitch swing by the neck.

by Anonymousreply 233December 17, 2019 12:14 PM

r233: WW for your signature. You should register that shit.

by Anonymousreply 234December 17, 2019 12:17 PM

R225 Here's a recent article about Jeffrey Lord, a former, paid CNN GOP pundit who was fired for controversial remarks around the time of Charlottesville. Lord was all over CNN during the 2016 campaign and well after the election.

[quote]After his controversial exit from CNN, Lord now appears regularly on Fox News as a commentator. He also is a contributing editor for the American Spectator, a conservative news website, and has written a book: Swamp Wars: Donald Trump and The New American Populism vs. The Old Order.

[quote]Lord isn’t bitter about his departure from CNN. He was fired after a Tweet he sent to a prominent liberal activist that said “Sieg Heil,” a Nazi salute. Lord has previously said the Tweet was misunderstood and that he was mocking fascists, not acting as one.

CNN has picked some weird ones. CNN could save money by dropping this facet altogether. Somehow, CNN still loves presenting those silly, infotainment staged debates. It is lazy journalism at best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 17, 2019 12:25 PM

Never Trumpers (including George Conway) form PAC dedicated to defeating Anus Lips

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 17, 2019 12:35 PM

[quote]What followed over the next six weeks was a stealthy effort by Republicans to woo Van Drew as Democrats’ intensified their drive to impeach Trump

But Mitchy, that’s not RUTH Van Drew, that’s Ruth’s mother-in-law!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 17, 2019 12:41 PM

So Trump is considering skipping the 2020 Presidential Debates ?

🤔 Hmmm ............

by Anonymousreply 238December 17, 2019 1:08 PM

Of course, R238, that is AFTER many States cancel their republican primaries...even though tRump has challengers from his own party.

by Anonymousreply 239December 17, 2019 1:20 PM

Still with Flynn's attempts to avoid prison. Endless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 17, 2019 1:34 PM

Well, this is from AP yesterday, r238....

Trump threatens to bypass Commission on Presidential Debates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 17, 2019 1:36 PM

Is anyone still under the impression that the election will be 100% legit?

by Anonymousreply 242December 17, 2019 1:59 PM

Is anyone going to be surprised when it is later revealed that Foreign entities invaded various social media and used Trolls to boost various challengers to Drumpf with the ultimate goal of helping Drumpf?

I can think of at least three I suspect have benefited from artificial support.

by Anonymousreply 243December 17, 2019 2:18 PM

ABC:

Most expect Trump to get fair trial in Senate, new poll shows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 17, 2019 2:21 PM

Politico:

Family emergency sidelines Jerry Nadler day before expected impeachment vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245December 17, 2019 2:22 PM

Reuters:

U.S. lawmakers to set rules of engagement for Trump impeachment vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 17, 2019 2:23 PM

I want that motherfucker Michael Flynn sentenced NOW. Enough with the fucking delays for this bitch. I’m so over it.

by Anonymousreply 247December 17, 2019 2:25 PM

[quote]Most expect Trump to get fair trial in Senate, new poll shows

Who are these "most," and where are they from? Fresno and Kentucky?

by Anonymousreply 248December 17, 2019 2:26 PM

I’ve said before that Nadler looks unhealthy and wobbly. He looks like a very fat person who lost a bunch of weight but still carries themselves like a fat person.

by Anonymousreply 249December 17, 2019 2:30 PM

CBS Live coverage....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250December 17, 2019 2:42 PM

NYT:

Giuliani Provides Details of What Trump Knew About Ambassador’s Removal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 17, 2019 2:43 PM

Marie Yovanovitch should sue him for defamation, although OTOH that would probably make her a target for death threats.

by Anonymousreply 252December 17, 2019 2:50 PM

Yahoo: Trump praises N.J. Democrat who is switching parties to vote against impeachment

"Congressman Jeff Van Drew is very popular in our great and very united Republican Party," Trump tweeted. "It was a tribute to him that he was able to win his heavily Republican district as a Democrat. People like that are not easily replaceable!"

Van Drew made the decision to switch parties after meeting with the president late last week.

“Always heard Jeff is very smart!” Trump tweeted Saturday after the news broke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 17, 2019 2:51 PM

I wish Schumer was a stronger speaker.

by Anonymousreply 254December 17, 2019 3:08 PM

Maine's Portland Press Herald published an editorial today calling for the impeachment of President Trump.

"It's a vote not to punish the chief executive, but to protect our democracy."

Somebody alert Maine Senator Susan Collins, she'll be very concerned.

by Anonymousreply 255December 17, 2019 3:09 PM

Do you believe President Trump committed 'multiple federal crimes', as alleged in the House Judiciary Committee impeachment report?

65% = Yes

2% = Not multiple, but a few

0% = Just one

31% = No

0% = Other

1% = No opinion

by Anonymousreply 256December 17, 2019 3:10 PM

From FUX: McConnell rips Schumer impeachment demands, vows not to pursue ‘fishing expedition’

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell struck back Tuesday at his Democratic counterpart's calls for an in-depth impeachment trial featuring multiple new witnesses, dismissing the push as a "fishing expedition" that would set a "nightmarish precedent." "The Senate is meant to act as judge and jury, to hear a trial, not to re-run the entire fact-finding investigation because angry partisans rushed sloppily through it,” he said on the Senate floor.

by Anonymousreply 257December 17, 2019 3:11 PM

They wouldn't let Bolton, Pompeo, Mulvaney testify before the House because the whole thing was "illegitimate". Now it's McTurtle's ballgame- is it still "illegitimate" to hear from these guys?

by Anonymousreply 258December 17, 2019 3:19 PM

Republicans Against Trump (RAT)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 17, 2019 3:21 PM

Regarding the debates - he's fucked either way. If he participates, he gets destroyed; if he doesn't participate, he comes off as a cowardly baby.

by Anonymousreply 260December 17, 2019 4:15 PM

Why in the world do we have to listen to lying Republicans, day after day? Because of their lies, every one of their wives and children should be destroyed on line and all around the country.

by Anonymousreply 261December 17, 2019 4:24 PM

Bill Taylor's being forced out as ambassador to Ukraine, it seems:

The top U.S. diplomat for Ukraine, Bill Taylor, will leave his post at the end of the year, a current and a former U.S. official told NBC News on Tuesday.

Taylor, who questioned the White House’s decision to withhold an Oval Office meeting with the Ukrainian president and military aid for Kyiv, was a key witness in the congressional impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.

The timing of Taylor’s departure was expected but it is unclear if he will leave before Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s planned visit to Ukraine next month. Taylor will depart Kyiv on Jan. 2, according to a person familiar with his plans.

Trump has castigated diplomats who testified in the inquiry, calling them “Never Trumpers,” and it’s highly unlikely Pompeo would set foot in Kyiv until Taylor has left the post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 17, 2019 4:30 PM

I thought Supreme Court Justices were supposed to be unbiased and objective?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263December 17, 2019 4:32 PM

Trumps to spend the holidays at Mar-a-Lago. Two weeks of decking the halls and caroling. While daddy hunkers-down with his 32 lawyers, going over dozens of lawsuits against him, and plotting revenge on enemies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 17, 2019 4:37 PM

The given impression, is that Gorsuch would favor Trump on anything. Of all the Justices, he is the most pro-corporate, and perhaps the most willing to facilitate DJT's authoritarianism endeavors and excuse DJT's misdeeds.

by Anonymousreply 265December 17, 2019 5:22 PM

Their "agent" in the WH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 17, 2019 5:24 PM

What about Sondland? I'm surprised Trump hasn't retaliated yet? His testimony was devastating, but Bill Taylor has to go?

by Anonymousreply 267December 17, 2019 5:33 PM

What's going on with Paul Manafort? He's been in the hospital due to suffering a "cardiac event". Is he going the way of Jeffery Epstein?

by Anonymousreply 268December 17, 2019 5:41 PM

Why is Trump the only one being impeached? Why isn't Bill Barr?

by Anonymousreply 269December 17, 2019 5:57 PM

#Always A Crook

Is anyone surprised that Trump is still standing ?

by Anonymousreply 270December 17, 2019 6:00 PM

LOL OK Cheeto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 17, 2019 6:35 PM

AP:

Trump in fiery letter to Pelosi objects to impeachment articles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272December 17, 2019 6:47 PM

What? No Comic sans MS? Is it Hysterical sans MS?

by Anonymousreply 273December 17, 2019 6:48 PM

tl:dr

by Anonymousreply 274December 17, 2019 6:52 PM

Did he type the letter himself? Because it displays his penchant for odd CaPiTaliZation.

by Anonymousreply 275December 17, 2019 6:54 PM

Impeachment. Impeachment. Impeachment. Impeachment. Impeachment. Impeachment. Impeachment.

😡 I AM THE VICTIM HERE ! NANCY IS PICKING ON ME BECAUSE SHE HATES ME.

by Anonymousreply 276December 17, 2019 6:55 PM

ABC:

McConnell rejects Schumer's call for deal on witnesses before Trump trial starts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277December 17, 2019 7:09 PM

Good lord, that letter at R271 reads like it was written by an overwrought 13 year old! It includes all the old chestnut Fox News talking points ( PERFECT CONVERSATION! WITCH HUNT! DENIED RIGHTS!! I LOVE UKRAINE!!) and doesn't even attempt to make a rational, legal argument since you'd think a letter would be drafted by a legal team and not Dump when he's on an Adderall bender. On a purely practical level, you can see why Mitch won't have a real trial - Dump has no real defense and it would be a real-time shitshow like this letter.

by Anonymousreply 278December 17, 2019 7:10 PM

I like how he signs that crazy bullshit "Sincerely Yours," as passive-aggressively as any Karen firing off a pissy email to Starbucks corporate.

by Anonymousreply 279December 17, 2019 7:12 PM

Washington Post:

Analysis: Mitt Romney and Susan Collins sound reluctant to rock the GOP boat on impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 17, 2019 7:12 PM

I'd love it if Nancy came out and said she stopped reading Trump's letter after the second paragraph, and then threw it in the "circular file."

by Anonymousreply 281December 17, 2019 7:12 PM

[quote]I'd love it if Nancy came out and said she stopped reading Trump's letter after the second paragraph, and then threw it in the "circular file."

Better to use it to line a birdcage and then send it back to him.

by Anonymousreply 282December 17, 2019 7:14 PM

Bloomberg:

Mitch McConnell Plots Path to Deliver Swift Trump Acquittal by Senate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 17, 2019 7:16 PM

Big Whingeing Fat Bitch refers to toady Jonathan Turley a "liberal law professor."

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 284December 17, 2019 7:17 PM

NYT:

Court Orders F.B.I. to Fix National Security Wiretaps After Damning Report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 17, 2019 8:19 PM

Why the Fuck doesn't someone sue Rudy July? Yavonovich should sue for slander!! Motherfucker!

by Anonymousreply 286December 17, 2019 8:28 PM

ABC:

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort hospitalized for cardiac event: Sources

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287December 17, 2019 8:39 PM

The lot of them should be behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 288December 17, 2019 8:39 PM

[quote]R287 Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort hospitalized for cardiac event:

I guess OPERATION CLEANUP has begun - -

by Anonymousreply 289December 17, 2019 8:42 PM

Yahoo News:

Trump says he takes 'zero' responsibility for impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 17, 2019 8:43 PM

Meemaw Turtlene at R283 looks like a Salem goodwife who's about to turn a hapless neighbor into a newt.

by Anonymousreply 291December 17, 2019 8:45 PM

[quote]McConnell rejects Schumer's call for deal on witnesses before Trump trial starts

From the Twitterverse:

GOP: WE HAVEN’T HEARD FROM WITNESSES WITH DIRECT KNOWLEDGE

SCHUMER: Okay, here’s a list of witnesses with direct knowledge.

GOP: no not them

by Anonymousreply 292December 17, 2019 9:35 PM

Washington Post:

Top Democrat excoriates Pompeo for ‘unceremoniously recalling’ top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 17, 2019 10:12 PM

Trump's letter to Pelosi was described as a "scathing response."

That fiery tirade wouldn't even singe the hem of Miss Lindsey's carftan.

by Anonymousreply 294December 17, 2019 10:13 PM

First term Dem. Jarod Golden has arrived at a split decision, will vote yes on Abuse of Power, no on Obstruction of Congress. His Northern Maine district voted for Trump in 2016, and he beat the Repug incumbent (the odious Bruce Poliquin) in 2018 thanks to ranked choice voting.

by Anonymousreply 295December 17, 2019 10:15 PM

With all due respect, Rep Golden is just going to anger both sides. Pick a position, and hold the door!

by Anonymousreply 296December 17, 2019 10:18 PM

From r293....

While Taylor has come under some criticism by the president’s supporters, Yovanovitch has remained a focus of their fire, with the president’s personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani claiming on Monday that she was guilty of “obstructing justice” and abetting “Ukrainian collusion.” Giuliani has said he had been trying to oust her since last year but has not provided evidence to back up those claims.

Yovanovitch said her anti-corruption efforts posed a financial threat to some in Ukraine whom she accused of working with Giuliani to oust her.

by Anonymousreply 297December 17, 2019 10:19 PM

AP:

AP count: House has the votes to impeach President Donald Trump, with majority now in favor; vote expected Wednesday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298December 17, 2019 10:37 PM

CNN:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Trump's calls to stop impeachment: 'The President is not a lawyer'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 17, 2019 10:47 PM

Cardiac events, Nadlers "family emergency"........something tells me Putin is in Operation Clean Up.

by Anonymousreply 300December 17, 2019 10:52 PM

MEDIAite: Shouting Match Breaks Out at House Rules Hearing: We Can’t Talk Over Each Other, the Stenographer Can’t Keep Up!

Things got particularly heated at one point between the two men over the fairness of the impeachment process, something Woodall seriously questioned by asking, “How are the American people advantaged by Mr. Collins getting absolutely no witnesses before the committee and the White House getting absolutely no witnesses in front of the committee? And the answer is, ‘Mr. Woodall, this wasn’t intended to be a defense for the president.'”

“If you heard me say that, I clearly didn’t make myself clear. The president and Mr. Collins could have called any of the witnesses who appeared, any of the 17 sworn witnesses…” Raskin started.

“Any of your 17…” Woodall responded.

“It’s not yours or mine!” Raskin shouted. “These are American citizens!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 17, 2019 11:01 PM

It’s going to be a little bit anti-climatic when they have the vote. Unless Trump make more of a fool of himself.

by Anonymousreply 302December 17, 2019 11:14 PM

ABC:

Trump considering mix of House members, WH lawyers for Senate defense: Sources

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 17, 2019 11:32 PM

I want to say to my Deplorables, “You don’t have to understand the difference between North and South Korea, that’s why we elect representatives. It’s their job to know all that stuff. And Trump knows nothing. That’s dangerous for a man in his position, and disqualifying.”

I’m trying to figure out how to criticize the President for being so stupid, lacking judgement, and being lazy, etc, without seeming like I’m criticizing them, as they have to be as dumb as he is, or as corrupt, in order for them to support him.

by Anonymousreply 304December 17, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote]r297 Giuliani has said he had been trying to oust her since last year but has not provided evidence to back up those claims.

Who is he to try to oust anyone? Does he mean as a private citizen? Or what?

by Anonymousreply 305December 17, 2019 11:48 PM

Even if the President is ousted, we still have a Republican President. For the Republicans, it shouldn’t be the end of the world. I think they’re afraid of endless criticism tweeted in 12 year old style tweets. None of Trump’s R or D competition knew how to respond to him in 2016. Nancy seems to be doing a pretty good job, though. “I call her ‘Nancy’”. -DJT Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 306December 17, 2019 11:55 PM

"Is he going the way of Jeffery Epstein?"

If you mean faking a death and being snuck out in the middle of the night to freedom, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 307December 18, 2019 12:04 AM

Reuters:

Trump administration may not hit 2020 border wall goal, official says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308December 18, 2019 12:27 AM

Chris Mathews views the Trump letter to Pelosi was actually written by Stephen Miller. I thought so too when parts of it were mentioned earlier. There were too many words not common in Trump's vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 309December 18, 2019 12:34 AM

Reuters:

Demonstrators take to the streets in New York to rally for Trump impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 18, 2019 12:43 AM

Trump's never taken responsibility for anything in his life.

I'm surprised he claims Donnie Jr. and Eric as his own.

by Anonymousreply 311December 18, 2019 12:57 AM

Trump's never taken responsibility for anything in his life.

I'm surprised he claims Donnie Jr. and Eric as his own.

by Anonymousreply 312December 18, 2019 12:57 AM

HAPPY IMPEACHMENT EVE BITCHES!!!!!

I intend to enjoy tomorrow; the media be damned.

by Anonymousreply 313December 18, 2019 1:14 AM

Republicans are in a frenzy trying to defend this. You know when they get this worked up, they have no defense but to fling there poop at the wall.

Conservatives love a tough talking guy. It wets their pants. Even if that person is a fucking serial killer a part of them respects tough talk even if none of it is backed up. Talk about guns, the military, the flag, church, Jesus and they just melt in your arms. Weakest minds in the fucking world. They are so easily controlled. Like a dog on a leash.........

by Anonymousreply 314December 18, 2019 1:20 AM

i don't believe Trump wrote that letter. I would believe Stephen Miller wrote it. And then Barr edited Miller's vitriol.

by Anonymousreply 315December 18, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote]HAPPY IMPEACHMENT EVE BITCHES!!!!!

Impeachment Eve has been trending on Twitter.

Tee hee! I hope it upsets Trump.

by Anonymousreply 316December 18, 2019 1:41 AM

If we can't actually get him thrown out, can every Democratic Senator at least get the right the kick him in the dick, repeatedly?

by Anonymousreply 317December 18, 2019 1:42 AM

No one has been talking about Manchin or Jones voting no. I find that odd. All the talk is if maybe Romney will vote yes which is looking less likely. I know, you're all shocked the ultra principled Romney will once again about face.

by Anonymousreply 318December 18, 2019 1:46 AM

He's discussing it, r318. Ya know, with people. Ya know, discussing. Not sure. Discussing. Definitely has an opinion, oh yes, by Mormon Jesus, definitely an opinion. But first, discussing. As for Manchin, cunt's gotta cunt.

by Anonymousreply 319December 18, 2019 1:49 AM

There are thousand of American's who have taken to the streets to protect our democracy. This is an amazing photograph taken over Trumps' home state of New York in Times Square. #TimesUp #ImpeachmentEve

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 18, 2019 1:52 AM

Despite all the crime, all the vitriol, the son of a bitch is still beating all Dems. Despite his 42 percent approval rating, he's still winning. I can't believe it. America is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 321December 18, 2019 2:15 AM

I have hope knowing that most GOP Senators would not come out in advance, if they were voting to convict. It will be a surprise, I think. We have weeks for it to unfold, anyway. A lot can happen.

by Anonymousreply 322December 18, 2019 2:20 AM

He has total control of his cult/party. That is what he is winning r321. We don't know if he's winning until 2020, but for now, he has total control of his cult. Which is a hell of a thing. The Entire Republican Party needs to be on trial. They are all part of the problem. Every single Republican in office. Each and every one.

by Anonymousreply 323December 18, 2019 2:21 AM

R318 not so much in the media but in the last couple threads here we've discussed Manchin and Jones and what they'll do. Sadly it won't be a shock if they side with repubs

by Anonymousreply 324December 18, 2019 2:29 AM

is there any way repubs could be an even bigger pain in the ass than imaginable and stonewall with long speeches to push the vote until Thursday? I hope not. I want that damn impeachment to happen tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 325December 18, 2019 2:29 AM

omg just announced there will be 6 hours of debate tomorrow in the House about the vote

by Anonymousreply 326December 18, 2019 2:32 AM

This is one of the few areas where if you don't get up and say something in the House I have to wonder, what the hell is your deal? Why don't you care what is happening around you at this particular moment?

by Anonymousreply 327December 18, 2019 2:34 AM

He is ahead in some polls due to the Dem field being in a bit of an ebb right now. I think Amy could break out but she looks terrible in every debate. I have been pretty shocked how she has underperformed and not looked or sounded great. She does shake in debates which looks awful.

Once the Dem field regroups, they will catch fire again and we will be on a rollercoaster cuz you know the media wants this to be close.

by Anonymousreply 328December 18, 2019 2:36 AM

R324, Manchin and Jones may not not to convict if it becomes clear there is no chance to convict. I think that numbers matter, even if they don’t convict, it matters if they lose any Democrats, and it’s even better if they get at least some Republicans. McConnall will probably punish any such Republicans. Possibly leading to party-switchers?

When Arlin Spector switched parties to the Dems, he was promised to keep his committee chairmanship and office and other benefits. I don’t think it went well for him, though. He eventually lost re-election to a younger, conservative Republican.

by Anonymousreply 329December 18, 2019 2:44 AM

Amy needs to drop out; she has no chance.

by Anonymousreply 330December 18, 2019 2:52 AM

Well about half of them need to drop out this week. Just stop, most of them! Amy actually has a bit of a bump now and then. She is not the first I would think needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 331December 18, 2019 2:54 AM

Jerry Brown should have run. He is old but so are half the leaders. He looks younger than most and ran CA very well.

by Anonymousreply 332December 18, 2019 2:59 AM

Oh everyone awesome should have run. But of the ones who actually jumped in to this terrible process and this terrible environment, who gets your vote. That's all you get. That's all you ever get. Everyone stop imagining perfect imaginary candidates. They didn't jump into this thing for reasons, probably good reasons.

by Anonymousreply 333December 18, 2019 3:02 AM

Trump has Mastered the pointless, vacuous statement:

We’re doing very well, perhaps the best anyone has ever done. I watched Mitch and I think he’s doing a great job. He’s got his people all together and I expect we’ll do very well. Witch hunt...fake...lawless...fake...disgrace.

That’s how he rolls.

by Anonymousreply 334December 18, 2019 3:09 AM

yup, because he has a whole entire political party behind him, a party that does not give a shit about anything but serving the master. that is why the entire party needs to put on trial. Hope Adam Schiff gets that. Think he does.

by Anonymousreply 335December 18, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote]r334 Trump has Mastered the pointless, vacuous statement:

It's so stupid that he keeps saying "it was a perfect phone call." What does that even mean? It had a clear connection with no static??

If you had a red pencil, you'd write EXPAND in the margin.

by Anonymousreply 336December 18, 2019 3:19 AM

I'm really loving seeing the various pro-impeachment rallies across the country

Notice how we haven't heard anything about anti-impeachment rallies...

by Anonymousreply 337December 18, 2019 3:19 AM

IT's a foregone conclusion that they vote in favor of impeachment. But it was a foregone conclusion that Hillary Clinton would win the election. What if they don't? 2 or 3 Dems we haven't heard about could, ya know, change their minds. Is anyone prepared for this? By anyone, I don't mean DL posters. I mean police departments in cities when there is public uproar -rioting in the streets. Exactly what Putin wants.

by Anonymousreply 338December 18, 2019 3:19 AM

It is stupid but every Republican Politician agrees. Which leads to, every Republican Politician is part of the problem. Every single one. Every one is on trial. We can actually do this.

by Anonymousreply 339December 18, 2019 3:20 AM

r98 and r99, Bill Clinton not only HAD to testify; he had to do so while being TELEVISED.

Why are Trump and his collaborators immune from subpoenas, from contempt charges, from testifying??

by Anonymousreply 340December 18, 2019 3:23 AM

this is what worries me, that we all think we are in this normal world where people evaluate the evidence and make intelligent decisions based on that evidence. we don't. that world is dead. we get that, right? us here?

by Anonymousreply 341December 18, 2019 3:24 AM

It "means," r336, that Trump no longer has any ability to compose cogent thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 342December 18, 2019 3:25 AM

r326, Where I live the weather forecast is lousy , so MSNBC on all morning and afternoon will be the perfect background for doing chores. Wouldn't miss this historic moment!

by Anonymousreply 343December 18, 2019 3:30 AM

I stood on a freeway overpass waving impeachment signs in my purple city from 3-4 pm today. Many many many many people honked and waved - including, somewhat surprisingly, many truckers (huge semi-trucks). I would not have expected that. Someone asked about anti-impeachment. Some guy came to our rally wearing and waving his Trump 2020 hat. Someone said to him, "sorry, dumbass, everyone on the freeway thinks you're one of us". I engaged with him for a few minutes. He was all about trying to make it about Biden and the "whataboutism". . He said, "why does he get a free pass for encouraging corruption, and Trump gets impeachment for opposing corruption?" I said, "you do realize that the guy that Biden put pressure on the Ukraine to fire, was fired for NOT investigating Burisma and several other corrupt companies run by oligarchs, right?" He started to sputter, and I said, "give me a second and I'll prove it" and whipped out my phone to do the necessary googling. Moments later, he ran off of the overpass, just as my article popped up on my phone... I'm guessing he didn't want anything to disturb his neat and tidy view of the world.

by Anonymousreply 344December 18, 2019 3:34 AM

You are awesome r344. I like you. nothing will change, but I like that you did that. You are awesome.

by Anonymousreply 345December 18, 2019 3:36 AM

R340 because during the Clinton terms we had an AG who would follow the law. Trump has Barr on his side. Barr would never charge anyone in Trump's camp if they didn't testify

by Anonymousreply 346December 18, 2019 3:38 AM

Why do Republican male politicians always open their mouths in an excessively large "O" form with lips thrust outward? How is that natural? See r259 and r301.

Also, r139's Brian Kilmeade is Carson Kressley's doppelganger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 18, 2019 3:49 AM

Regarding possible surprises in tomorrow's impeachment vote - highly unlikely I'd say. Pelosi's superpower is that she absolutely, positively does NOT hold a vote unless she is 240% certain she has the votes. They say they have the votes, and I believe them.

by Anonymousreply 348December 18, 2019 4:12 AM

Anybody seen this? It gets really scary around the 4:05 mark...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 18, 2019 4:30 AM

I love The Onion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350December 18, 2019 4:41 AM

I was thinking about this today. None of this makes any sense when you think about it logically.

Look, every last one of these rethugs hated fat Donnie. Still hate him, I'd bet. But they continue to kiss his fat ass to the point that are desperate. You can almost smell the desperate hysteria.

It's almost like these pukes know that when fat Donnie goes down, they ALL go down. And I just don't understand how this is.

His approval ratings are in the toilet. Most of the country thinks what he did was wrong and he should be removed. Yet the rethugs are all in on this traitor. Why? His idiotic cultists aren't a majority. Many of these idiots supporting him are in areas that are trending blue yet they refuse to dump this fool and go with clay face Lego hair pence.

This is about more than those idiot Nazis. I would bet bad money that Putin has given fat Donnie the kompromat from the RNC hack and that's what he is holding over their heads. If that orange fool isn't holding it over them, Putin sure is.

This seems more about preserving their own pathetic asses than it is about keeping that orange traitor in place. It's almost like these scumbags are using him as a shield. There is a hell of a lot more to this story than what we have seen.

by Anonymousreply 351December 18, 2019 8:55 AM

Another 'rally' to shout-down the day's bad news. I'm sure they'll gather the only black people in the arena to stand behind him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352December 18, 2019 9:11 AM

R351 the repub politicians despise him as much as anyone else but think of him as their useful idiot. They can pillage the country to enrich themselves and while they are forever angry about having lost the pop culture war over 25 years ago, they are fixated on controlling society through federal courts.

That's also why they're willing to align with white supremacist pro-hardcore xtian Putin & his party. Putin through his election interference has helped divide the country and weaken Democrats (at least in 2016). repubs know that they wouldn't have won the election without Putin so now they want to work even more closely together despite occasionally giving the appearance of caring about protecting our democracy. The repub delegation that went to Moscow on July 4th of all holidays was no coincidence.

the repub party is now out in the open crooked

question will be how many people in battleground states who didn't vote in 2016 will come out and do the right thing this time...oh and of course that is if we can avoid Putin hacking into enough battleground states

by Anonymousreply 353December 18, 2019 9:26 AM

Seth goes after #MoscowMitch & #MissLeningradLijdsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354December 18, 2019 9:42 AM

An Associated Press tally finds the House has the votes to make Trump America's third impeached president.

Here's what to watch for Wednesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355December 18, 2019 9:42 AM

R351 thinks these repugs still have a conscience. They're only puppets of their particular lobby group or puppet master (Putin?) and probably hope they get their reward (money, jobs etc) once their time as "public servants" is up.

by Anonymousreply 356December 18, 2019 10:29 AM

[quote] I was thinking about this today. None of this makes any sense when you think about it logically.

Putin owns Trump. Trump embarrasses the GOP, but they can't get rid of him, because Putin also owns most of the Republican Party and they are afraid that Putin and Trump will spill all the GOP's secrets (like the committed voter fraud from the GOP's past).

by Anonymousreply 357December 18, 2019 11:22 AM

[quote]He eventually lost re-election to a younger, conservative Republican.

No he didn't. He lost the Democratic primary to Joe Sestak, who is about as close to center on the left as Specter was to it on the right. Sestak ended up losing to Pat Toomey in the general.

by Anonymousreply 358December 18, 2019 11:26 AM

[quote]His approval ratings are in the toilet. Most of the country thinks what he did was wrong and he should be removed. Yet the rethugs are all in on this traitor. Why?

It's very simple. His approval rating among Republican voters still hovers around 90% -- much higher than the vast majority of Repub lawmakers. They're deathly afraid that their base will turn on them if they stand up to Trump, and they will have to kiss their political careers goodbye. The job is more important to them than their integrity.

by Anonymousreply 359December 18, 2019 11:42 AM

Jake Tapper reacting to Rudy Giuliani continuing to push anti-Ukraine, pro-Russia propaganda: "This is like if in the middle of the Clinton impeachment, Bill Clinton was out dating on the town. Just flaunting this. It’s almost unbelievable..."

by Anonymousreply 360December 18, 2019 11:43 AM

r337, That's basically happening tonight when Trump holds another one of his Nuremberg rallies in some state somewhere ( I forgot which one and I can't be bothered to look it up).

Yes you read that right; the president is holding a Nazi rally the VERY same day he will be impeached.

You can't make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 361December 18, 2019 12:12 PM

Washington Post:

‘I’m not worried!’: Trump dismisses impeachment in late-night Twitter barrage before House vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 18, 2019 12:15 PM

He's not worried except of course he can't stop tweeting about it; you know, to tell us how he's so not worried about it.

Okey dokey.

by Anonymousreply 363December 18, 2019 12:20 PM

NYT:

Trump Diatribe Belittles Impeachment as ‘Attempted Coup’ on Eve of Votes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364December 18, 2019 12:23 PM

LOL He HATES the idea of being only the third president to be impeached in the country's history; make no mistake about that.

Oh does he hate it. And it drives him crazy that he can't stop it from happening today.

But wait until after he's acquitted by the Senate, then he will be unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 365December 18, 2019 12:24 PM

And the first to be impeached in his first term. Which is totally appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 366December 18, 2019 12:30 PM

[quote] And the first to be impeached in his first term.

People keep repeating that, but it’s not accurate. Andrew Johnson was impeached in 1868, three years after he assumed the presidency following Lincoln’s assassination in 1865. It was the last year of what would have been a Lincoln’s second term, but that hardly matters. It was a Johnson’s first term.

by Anonymousreply 367December 18, 2019 12:41 PM

Washington Post:

Fact Checker: Fact-checking President Trump’s impeachment letter to Pelosi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 18, 2019 12:43 PM

CBS Live....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 18, 2019 1:13 PM

Regardless of the way he felt about it personally at the time, at least Bill Clinton had the good sense to appear somber the day he was impeached.

Not so much this fool. His over sized ego would never allow it.

by Anonymousreply 370December 18, 2019 1:44 PM

[quote]He HATES the idea of being only the third president to be impeached in the country's history; make no mistake about that

It's delicious that, whatever happens next, he'll always be bound within that super-exclusive club which comprises Crooked Hillary's husband, and a GOP POTUS who had to resign in disgrace.

One major distinction from Trump's fellow impeachees is that the 'I' word has been openly discussed since his Inauguration - as though, given his back story, it could only be a matter of time. And here, blissfully, we are.

by Anonymousreply 371December 18, 2019 2:25 PM

WTF .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372December 18, 2019 2:32 PM

Reuters:

Ex-Trump aide Manafort wins bid to dismiss New York fraud charges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373December 18, 2019 2:37 PM

USA Today:

Steve Bannon: Republicans are the 'working-class party;' needs to 'find our AOCs'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 18, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote]Yes you read that right; the president is holding a Nazi rally the VERY same day he will be impeached

He doesn't drink, sex has to be but a memory, and hamburgers can't scream incoherent approval. The only possible way he can feel good about himself now is to wallow in deplorable hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 375December 18, 2019 2:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376December 18, 2019 3:25 PM

here's a question, can the Repugs go to a judge an have the Impeachment voided?

by Anonymousreply 377December 18, 2019 3:35 PM

CBS: Pro-Trump demonstrators to serenade Capitol Hill ahead of impeachment vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378December 18, 2019 3:41 PM

CBS:

Russian spy ship displaying "unsafe" behavior off U.S. coast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379December 18, 2019 3:44 PM

Reuters:

Exclusive: Ukrainian tycoon's lawyer says he lent money to Giuliani associate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 18, 2019 4:00 PM

Examiner: Susan Collins announces reelection bid for fifth term in US Senate

In a Wednesday morning email to her supporters, Collins, 67, touted her record of bipartisanship as a Republican senator and announced that she hopes to continue to be an independent vote in Washington.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381December 18, 2019 4:09 PM

He absolutely is nutso over the fact that his being impeached will forever be in history books, biographies of him, school textbooks, and his eventual obituary.

But he is also plotting revenge against as many Blue states as he can.

by Anonymousreply 382December 18, 2019 4:14 PM

[quote]In a Wednesday morning email to her supporters, Collins, 67, touted her record of bipartisanship as a Republican senator and announced that she hopes to continue to be an independent vote in Washington.

"Also, I have untreatable vaginal odor."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 18, 2019 4:18 PM

Deranged Doug Collins is currently speaking. He and his deplorable accent are highly amusing. Trump really wanted this idiot as interim senator for Georgia. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 384December 18, 2019 4:23 PM

Susan Collins is an independent vote who votes in line with Trump more than almost any other Senator.

by Anonymousreply 385December 18, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote] here's a question, can the Repugs go to a judge an have the Impeachment voided?

No, R377, they cannot. There is no mechanism available in our system that would allow the federal courts to void Or otherwise invalidate a vote of impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 386December 18, 2019 4:35 PM

R377, no, although Trump himself tried to go to the Supreme Court to get it stopped somehow, I believe.

In the United States, there are three separate but equal branches of government. Each has its own powers. Only Congress has a right to impeach. No other branch has a right to reverse or stop an impeachment proceeding, because no other branch has any jurisdiction. It’s in the Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 387December 18, 2019 4:35 PM

Are you guys watching the debate? Wow, another 6 hours of hundreds of basically same statements?

by Anonymousreply 388December 18, 2019 4:42 PM

Reuters:

Pelosi calls Trump threat to U.S. as House moves toward Trump impeachment vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389December 18, 2019 4:59 PM

r388, History, son, history. Don't want to watch (or have it as background)? Then don't.

by Anonymousreply 390December 18, 2019 5:02 PM

Well, isn't Earl "Buddy" Carter just the southern charmer?

by Anonymousreply 391December 18, 2019 5:03 PM

FEEL THE CONCERN!

by Anonymousreply 392December 18, 2019 5:05 PM

R390 I'm watching, but its not really a debate. It's just a bunch of mini statements.

by Anonymousreply 393December 18, 2019 5:08 PM

Cheeto rage-tweets about ATROCIOUS LIES BY THE RADICAL LEFT after Stephanie "Pruno" Grisham claims he might casually check in on the proceedings during breaks in his busy, busy day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394December 18, 2019 5:12 PM

[quote]here's a question, can the Repugs go to a judge an have the Impeachment voided?

Not only can impeachment not be voided by a court, it cannot be pardoned by a future president. Regardless of what the Senate does, he’ll always be an impeached president.

by Anonymousreply 395December 18, 2019 5:13 PM

I love Reddit

[quote]Reporter: Why did the President shit himself?

[quote]Stephanie Grisham: The President would never shit himself! You are un-American for asking that question!

[quote]@realDonaldTrump: I SHIT MYSELF ON PURPOSE!

by Anonymousreply 396December 18, 2019 5:19 PM

Hank Johnson has the weirdest accent. Is that a typical Georgia accent?

by Anonymousreply 397December 18, 2019 5:23 PM

Ms. Magoo’s time is up in Maine. She is no more independent than the rest of them. She is in lockstep with the illegitimate president and the lot of crooks that is the rethug party.

by Anonymousreply 398December 18, 2019 5:31 PM

Regarding Paul Manafort: Does anybody know who appointed that judge?

by Anonymousreply 399December 18, 2019 6:24 PM

I’m sure Susan Collins will have plenty of time to lick pussy after she loses the next election.

by Anonymousreply 400December 18, 2019 6:31 PM

Nancy should make a 10 minute speech on Sunday night at 8 pm. Some people are really ignorant, but this could be explained quickly.

She should state that Congress allocated the money, and the law says the President cannot withhold such money so allocated. Then, that it was aid given freely to an ally, for Ukrainian self defense, since Russia invaded it. Ukraine is a new democracy that supports the West, and Russia wants to crush them, kill them, like it wants to crush us.

Then briefly how this affects us.

She needs to explain it from the very basics, like that. Then get to what Trump did.

by Anonymousreply 401December 18, 2019 6:32 PM

She checks-in on 'daddy'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402December 18, 2019 6:33 PM

She checks-in on 'daddy'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403December 18, 2019 6:35 PM

She LOVES the camera!

by Anonymousreply 404December 18, 2019 6:39 PM

Reuters:

'Defend democracy': Pelosi calls Trump 'ongoing threat' in impeachment debate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405December 18, 2019 6:41 PM

Streisand 2020

by Anonymousreply 406December 18, 2019 6:53 PM

r377, Impeachment is FOREVER BABY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 407December 18, 2019 6:59 PM

There's a thread on this...

The Nation:

Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham Must Pay for Enabling Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408December 18, 2019 6:59 PM

R399, I do not know the political affiliation of the Manafort judge, but he appears to have correctly applied New York State’s double jeopardy statute as it existed at the time of Manafort’s federal prosecution. (The State law was recently changed).

by Anonymousreply 409December 18, 2019 7:00 PM

^ thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410December 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Six hours is ridiculous each side should have had an hour. Get this over with before the impeached one's bed time.

by Anonymousreply 411December 18, 2019 7:02 PM

Don't you mean YOUR bed time r411?

I can stay up late for impeachment, can't you?

by Anonymousreply 412December 18, 2019 7:04 PM

The Repukes want it to happen in the middle of the night so as few people as possible will watch it live. Also so they can rant about the Democrats doing it in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 413December 18, 2019 7:11 PM

I'm the bubblegum dildo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414December 18, 2019 7:14 PM

^opps, wrong thread; too much wine

by Anonymousreply 415December 18, 2019 7:16 PM

R399 2004 Pataki who's a repub

the Manafort decision is being appealed. Hopefully this dismissal is overturned.

by Anonymousreply 416December 18, 2019 7:25 PM

does anyone know h ow the order of speeches has been determined? I can't make sense of it. I see newbies mixed in with long-timers and people from various states with last names all over the alphabet. Is the order random?

by Anonymousreply 417December 18, 2019 7:27 PM

wow love the energy and passion from this Defrazio guy from Oregon. Nice to see a good representation of a white man in the House

almost all the whiners today are white whiny repub male hetero xtians

by Anonymousreply 418December 18, 2019 7:31 PM

A GOP congressman compared Trump to Jesus. I can't even...

by Anonymousreply 419December 18, 2019 7:32 PM

When are they going to vote already?

by Anonymousreply 420December 18, 2019 7:33 PM

R419, MARY!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 421December 18, 2019 7:34 PM

OK that's it. Will Hurd just solidified himself with the repubs. I will no longer call him decent or reasonable ever again. He's a disgrace, just a nicer one than most of them

by Anonymousreply 422December 18, 2019 7:35 PM

Rep. Mike Kelly (Retard-PA) compared today with Pearl Harbor—seven years after comparing the Obamacare mandate for birth control coverage with Pearl Harbor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423December 18, 2019 7:39 PM

lmfao that Gohmert dumbass is such a fucking clown. Only some shithole area in Texas could elect that thing what an embarrassment

by Anonymousreply 424December 18, 2019 7:39 PM

[quote]. Only some shithole area in Texas could elect that thing what an embarrassment

Not so fast... you're telling lies...

by Anonymousreply 425December 18, 2019 7:43 PM

[quote] Don't you mean YOUR bed time [R411]? I can stay up late for impeachment, can't you?

No Sweetie, they say this might go into the middle of the night. I have insomnia, I will be up all night anyway. I want the Impeached one to watch. He's going to one of his KKK Ego rallys tonight, he needs his hugs and cheers. Would be nice if they were thru before he gets there.

by Anonymousreply 426December 18, 2019 7:43 PM

how many have spoken so far?

by Anonymousreply 427December 18, 2019 7:45 PM

Re the congressman mentioned in R419’s post, any idiot who brings religion into this mess should be barred from voting.

by Anonymousreply 428December 18, 2019 7:47 PM

R414, did you pull this from Eva Amurri’s My Forever Baby Daddy Is Gone blog?

by Anonymousreply 429December 18, 2019 7:50 PM

Trump is melting as it draws on. Let it.

by Anonymousreply 430December 18, 2019 7:55 PM

how is the speech order determined?

has Maxine gone yet? I want to see her but was working earlier

by Anonymousreply 431December 18, 2019 7:58 PM

As seen on Twitter:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432December 18, 2019 7:59 PM

No Maxine yet R 431

by Anonymousreply 433December 18, 2019 8:04 PM

Trumps evil will never end. Will he ever have to pay for his crimes?

by Anonymousreply 434December 18, 2019 8:06 PM

Trumps evil will never end. Will he ever have to pay for his crimes?

by Anonymousreply 435December 18, 2019 8:06 PM

Yes, R434/R435. And soon.

by Anonymousreply 436December 18, 2019 8:08 PM

Adam Schiff is ON FIRE!

by Anonymousreply 437December 18, 2019 8:10 PM

Grab Em!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438December 18, 2019 8:22 PM

Tuning in from Australia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439December 18, 2019 8:23 PM

Denver radio host Chuck Bonniwell began a segment of his afternoon radio show Tuesday by lamenting the “never-ending impeachment of Donald Trump,” and then saying, “You know, you wish for a nice school shooting to interrupt the monopoly.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440December 18, 2019 8:25 PM

Socialist democrats....bla bla bla. Dems should call these repugs corrupt Republicans and spineless sycophants now.

by Anonymousreply 441December 18, 2019 8:28 PM

Damn, John Lewis a mad screamer.

by Anonymousreply 442December 18, 2019 8:30 PM

Jesus R440, he’s a real piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 443December 18, 2019 8:35 PM

True, R367.

Trump will be the first President to be impeached in his first term in the *modern* era.

by Anonymousreply 444December 18, 2019 8:39 PM

[bold]Conservative commentator Andrew Napolitano: "Undisputed evidence" that Trump abused his power[/bold]

[quote]Everyone who believes in the rule of law should be terrified of a president who thinks and behaves as if it does not apply to him. As the DOJ has stated repeatedly, impeachment is the proper constitutional remedy for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445December 18, 2019 8:49 PM

Adam Schiff: Republicans have "made their choice" to support party over country

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446December 18, 2019 9:04 PM

Lindsey has been tweeting videos of herself much of the day, perhaps inbetween checking on Trump regularly. Here's a bunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447December 18, 2019 9:40 PM

Lindsey has been tweeting videos of herself much of the day, perhaps inbetween checking on Trump regularly. Here's a bunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448December 18, 2019 9:40 PM

r393, That's what it is designed to be. There is no "debate" in the Impeachment process.

by Anonymousreply 449December 18, 2019 9:42 PM

r411, Were you alive for the Watergate hearings? They took many months. Cool your jets.

by Anonymousreply 450December 18, 2019 9:44 PM

MAXINE!

by Anonymousreply 451December 18, 2019 9:50 PM

Justin Amash:

[quote]"President Donald J. Trump has abused and violated the public trust … precisely the type of conduct the framers of the Constitution intended to remedy through the power of impeachment, and it is our duty to impeach him."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452December 18, 2019 9:50 PM

Maxine is dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s

She received applause

by Anonymousreply 453December 18, 2019 9:53 PM

I hope someone posts Maxine’s hand flap.

by Anonymousreply 454December 18, 2019 9:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455December 18, 2019 10:01 PM

I'm thrilled he's going to be impeached, and I don't really expect the Senate to do anything but refuse to remove him because they've been conducting a smash-and-grab scheme ever since they realized that the majority of the country, and a huge percentage of future younger voters will never align with the GOP. They all know they're on borrowed time re political power. The absolute most fantastic consequence of Trump being impeached is that this is going to ruin, stain, tarnish, and diminish his "brand" all over the world, and that will follow his kids around too. Oh and all those history books - it's all going to be there for future citizens to read about, spreading that rot to his name everywhere. I love it. The only things Trump cares about are money, family name/brand image, and whether or not he's being made fun of so any strategy to destroy him should aim for those areas with pinpoint accuracy.

by Anonymousreply 456December 18, 2019 10:06 PM

Well said, R456.

by Anonymousreply 457December 18, 2019 10:11 PM

Now Republicans are stretching the clock by giving everyone 30 seconds

by Anonymousreply 458December 18, 2019 10:13 PM

Photo snapped by the NYT just before he left for Michigan—it's going to be an Adderall–Xanax speedball kind of night!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459December 18, 2019 10:16 PM

This will take another couple hours. 6.15PM and another 30min left. I expect more shenanigans before the vote.

by Anonymousreply 460December 18, 2019 10:17 PM

Christ. Redface looks like he's gonna blow.

by Anonymousreply 461December 18, 2019 10:18 PM

7+ hours of this is exhausting. Doubtful it will change a single House vote.

by Anonymousreply 462December 18, 2019 10:19 PM

[quote]Christ. Redface looks like he's gonna blow.

He needs a fix man! He needs a fix NOW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 18, 2019 10:24 PM

Even scarier up close

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464December 18, 2019 10:27 PM

Sen. Chris Van Hollen:

[quote]In yet another bizarre day in the Trump Winter Wonderland, the White House delivered their annual holiday package: An extremely oversized card, another small card, and…. his 6-page screed to @SpeakerPelosi where he goes off the deep end. You can’t make this stuff up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465December 18, 2019 10:29 PM

just to be clear, as far as we know, is Van Drew the only "Democrat" not voting for impeachment? All the others have agreed to vote for both articles along with Amash?

by Anonymousreply 466December 18, 2019 10:38 PM

just to be clear, as far as we know, is Van Drew the only "Democrat" not voting for impeachment? All the others have agreed to vote for both articles along with Amash?

by Anonymousreply 467December 18, 2019 10:38 PM

Gym Jordan is wearing a jacket. Finally.

by Anonymousreply 468December 18, 2019 10:41 PM

of course Jordan gets 3 minutes to scream and holler

by Anonymousreply 469December 18, 2019 10:42 PM

OMG! Jim Jordan in a suit and tie?

He looks like an animated corpse.

And he's still an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 470December 18, 2019 10:46 PM

lol here comes Trump's baby boy Nunes

by Anonymousreply 471December 18, 2019 10:47 PM

so I guess there's now law demanding members all be honest when they give speeches in Congress?

why are the repubs allowed to propagandize like this? Disgusting from Nunes

by Anonymousreply 472December 18, 2019 10:47 PM

* no law

by Anonymousreply 473December 18, 2019 10:48 PM

R466, I believe Jared Golden of Maine will be voting for one article of impeachment, but not the other.

He's a first-term Democrat who won a Republican district in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 474December 18, 2019 10:48 PM

GOP holds moment of silence for 2016 election during House impeachment debate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475December 18, 2019 10:48 PM

So I guess Jeopardy won’t be on tonight. Fuck Trump.

by Anonymousreply 476December 18, 2019 10:53 PM

omg who was that repub southern queen who just referenced the repub favorite "liberal elites". He sounded so angry!

I'm loving these tantrums

by Anonymousreply 477December 18, 2019 10:55 PM

I don't know how anyone can watch this. I lasted 10 minutes. The Republicunt reps are just so vile. They don't care what damage they are doing to the country as long as they win win win win... this is not a coup. Last I checked a Republican will still be president if we get rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 478December 18, 2019 10:56 PM

Love Val Demmings. She is 1 of the most impressive new Democratic Congressional members

by Anonymousreply 479December 18, 2019 11:00 PM

Val Demmings just kicked his ass. That should be repeated again and again.

by Anonymousreply 480December 18, 2019 11:01 PM

Val Demmings just kicked his ass. That should be repeated again and again.

by Anonymousreply 481December 18, 2019 11:01 PM

I can't get over how they keep repeating that the American people voted for Donald Trump. We did not. The American people voted for Hillary Clinton. The Electoral College -- assisted by the Russian people -- voted for Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 482December 18, 2019 11:01 PM

Liz Cheney got hag voice

I hate how repubs keep trying to make Schiff look like the guilty one. Just pathetic

by Anonymousreply 483December 18, 2019 11:03 PM

[quote] I don't know how anyone can watch this. I

You have to mute the Repukes. Don’t listen to them. It’s like not looking at Medusa.

by Anonymousreply 484December 18, 2019 11:05 PM

Van Drew sitting on the repub side

is he going to speak?

by Anonymousreply 485December 18, 2019 11:06 PM

[quote]I hate how repubs keep trying to make Schiff look like the guilty one. Just pathetic

He's guilty of not worshiping Dear Leader, who just like Jesus is being crucified by witches at Pearl Harbor

by Anonymousreply 486December 18, 2019 11:08 PM

I used to think these Republicunt reps were cynical about how gullible their base is, but I believe now that they are just as gullible and brain-washed by Fox "news" as their supporters.

by Anonymousreply 487December 18, 2019 11:08 PM

what was that Nazi yell Scalise just led the repubs in doing?

by Anonymousreply 488December 18, 2019 11:18 PM

I just don't know what to do. Trump sends an absolutely batshit insane letter to Nancy Pelosi and everyone shrugs it off cause bitch be crazy since day one, so who cares now. The Republicans act like complete whores and slaves throughout this entire impeachment, and again more shrugs. Republican Senators announce they don't give shit one about this whole thing and Trump can crime all he wants cause ... well, he's Trump. Nothing penetrates. Nothing matters. Nothing makes any difference.

by Anonymousreply 489December 18, 2019 11:23 PM

tonight is going to be nuts

they'll be voting at the same time Trump is holding his Nazi rally

by Anonymousreply 490December 18, 2019 11:25 PM

Maryland Dem. Steny Hoyer just said "there’s been a lot of talk about the 63 million people who voted for Trump, but little said about the 65 million who voted for Hillary Clinton." Applause!

by Anonymousreply 491December 18, 2019 11:26 PM

R491, it's good that Steny Hoyer brought up the popular vote to rebut the GOP "will of the people" argument.

It's also good that he's reminding the GOP that the Dems didn't rush into impeachment but in fact decided against it several times before Trump embroiled himself in the Ukraine scandal.

by Anonymousreply 492December 18, 2019 11:28 PM

R491 exactly I like when Democrats directly refute the bullshit the repubs spew. They don't do it often enough. They should know by now that repubs love setting the narrative. If you don't counter it, people who don't know the facts are going to think it's true. More people went for Hillary than Trump. Good for Hoyer

by Anonymousreply 493December 18, 2019 11:28 PM

Hoyer's presentation is good.

by Anonymousreply 494December 18, 2019 11:31 PM

I saw dotard wanted us to pray. Here’s one I say everyday:

‪Dear Satan, help me to be less uptight today and not lash out at stupid fuckin morons on the internet. Also, please let Donald Trump be impeached and/or die. Also, please let Derrick agree to fuck me again. Te invoco, o Satana. Re del convito.

by Anonymousreply 495December 18, 2019 11:31 PM

Trump's celebrating his impeachment in Battle Creek, the birthplace of cornflakes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496December 18, 2019 11:32 PM

"party loyalty must have its limits" Steny Hoyer

by Anonymousreply 497December 18, 2019 11:33 PM

I want to be on a Joe Cunningham Eric Swallwell sangwhich

by Anonymousreply 498December 18, 2019 11:33 PM

Hoyer really exposes just how infantile the republican's 'arguments' are. Hoyer is a voice of reason.

by Anonymousreply 499December 18, 2019 11:34 PM

Collins is doing a Miss Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 500December 18, 2019 11:43 PM

Bitch, please. This hick really thinks he's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 501December 18, 2019 11:46 PM

McCarthy is a dumbo.

by Anonymousreply 502December 18, 2019 11:46 PM

How often can Collins repeat the same lame lies? And a good economy and jobs is no excuse for treason and bribery.

by Anonymousreply 503December 18, 2019 11:49 PM

$500 to the person who tosses a bucket of hot feces in Collins' face.

by Anonymousreply 504December 18, 2019 11:50 PM

I can only stomach watching this shit because I want to see the vote for impeachment..

I would love if Rep. bozos' speeches being made today keep popping up at inopportune times in the future (like when they are running for reelection) so they are exposed for the traitors they are. Fuck.every.single.one.of.them.

by Anonymousreply 505December 18, 2019 11:50 PM

Why is every single Repug screaming?

by Anonymousreply 506December 18, 2019 11:52 PM

Coming up next: Elise Stefanik flings her own shit while lip-syncing to "Springtime for Hitler"

by Anonymousreply 507December 18, 2019 11:53 PM

Do I have enough time to watch the new episode of The Mandalorian before McCarthy finishes his parade of propaganda? I don't want to miss the vote.

by Anonymousreply 508December 18, 2019 11:53 PM

Cuz that's all they got, r506.

That and the trollish "he's your president, get over it".

by Anonymousreply 509December 18, 2019 11:54 PM

[quote]r505 I can only stomach watching this shit because I want to see the vote for impeachment..

A palate cleanser for those of us feeling we're sinking into a swamp of incomprehensible filth by prolonged exposure to the wretched repugs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[italic]Left to right: Kate Moss, Gisele Bündchen, Lauren Hutton, Iman, Naomi Campbell, Stephanie Seymour, Amber Valletta, Christy Turlington, Claudia Schiffer, Lisa Taylor, Paulina Porizkova, Carolyn Murphy, Patti Hansen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510December 18, 2019 11:57 PM

Hurry up and impeach Pootie's floundering asset.

by Anonymousreply 511December 18, 2019 11:58 PM

Here's a cute bunny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512December 18, 2019 11:59 PM

Fuck off already, McCarthy. Trump will still be president, but he will forever be an impeached president from now on.

by Anonymousreply 513December 19, 2019 12:00 AM

Here's a muscular young man cuddling with a tiger cub!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514December 19, 2019 12:01 AM

Wait! Electronic votes? Don't we get to see how each one voted?

by Anonymousreply 515December 19, 2019 12:11 AM

HERE WE GO!

by Anonymousreply 516December 19, 2019 12:13 AM

How many votes do we need to impeach the motherfucker?

by Anonymousreply 517December 19, 2019 12:22 AM

by Anonymousreply 518December 19, 2019 12:23 AM

Impeached!

by Anonymousreply 519December 19, 2019 12:23 AM

TRUMP IMPEACHED

CNN CALLS IT

by Anonymousreply 520December 19, 2019 12:24 AM

IMPEACHED

POP YOUR CHAMPAGNE CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 521December 19, 2019 12:25 AM

IMPEACHED

POP YOUR CHAMPAGNE CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 522December 19, 2019 12:25 AM

And the motherfucker is officialy impeached!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 523December 19, 2019 12:26 AM

I have waited so long for this.

Thank you Lord!

by Anonymousreply 524December 19, 2019 12:27 AM

Celebrate! He may remain in office but he is hating this. And Democracy works, at least for now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525December 19, 2019 12:27 AM

Theres 1 repub vote for impeachment!!!!! WHO??????

by Anonymousreply 526December 19, 2019 12:27 AM

Permanently, positively IMPEACHED!

by Anonymousreply 527December 19, 2019 12:28 AM

Oh! 1 yea vote from a repug?

by Anonymousreply 528December 19, 2019 12:28 AM

Who is the Rep. who voted for? One non-coward in a crowd of jackals.

by Anonymousreply 529December 19, 2019 12:28 AM

R526 & R528, CNN says it was a mistake.

Too bad. : (

by Anonymousreply 530December 19, 2019 12:29 AM

Looks like a mistake, someone just hit the undo button

by Anonymousreply 531December 19, 2019 12:29 AM

Auntie Maxine called it 21 March 2017 — "Get ready for impeachment!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532December 19, 2019 12:29 AM

It's gone now.

by Anonymousreply 533December 19, 2019 12:29 AM

Wait - now that vote disappeared from the screen - -

by Anonymousreply 534December 19, 2019 12:29 AM

17 non voting cowards.

by Anonymousreply 535December 19, 2019 12:30 AM

They saved vote #214 for Miss Nancy 😆

by Anonymousreply 536December 19, 2019 12:30 AM

Tulsi voted PRESENT!!!!! LOLOL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 537December 19, 2019 12:31 AM

"Wait - now that vote disappeared from the screen - -"

Zoh did zee one who voted dat vey...

by Anonymousreply 538December 19, 2019 12:32 AM

Who’s the Repug boob who hit the wrong button? Lol

by Anonymousreply 539December 19, 2019 12:32 AM

TRUMP IMPEACHED!!!!!!

Come Don, sit down and join our very little club.

by Anonymousreply 540December 19, 2019 12:33 AM

Reuters:

U.S. House begins voting on articles of impeachment against Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541December 19, 2019 12:33 AM

Well, Trump did dare the House, and the Democratic Party, to impeach him. He got his wish ... and I am sure he will be furious that his reverse psychology scheme didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 542December 19, 2019 12:34 AM

TRUMP IMPEACHED ON ARTICLE 1: ABUSE OF POWER!!!!!!

MSNBC headline right now.

by Anonymousreply 543December 19, 2019 12:36 AM

Voting Now Begins on Article 2. Obstruction of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 544December 19, 2019 12:37 AM

Nancy brings down the gavel — and stops her caucus from bursting into applause.

by Anonymousreply 545December 19, 2019 12:37 AM

"Don't make me come down there!"

by Anonymousreply 546December 19, 2019 12:38 AM

I don't know how Repubs can not vote for #2 since Trump kept people who were subpoena'd from testifying in front of Congress. Oh wait, they're morons, that's right.

by Anonymousreply 547December 19, 2019 12:38 AM

Tulsi is a Democratic candidate why? She voted present.

by Anonymousreply 548December 19, 2019 12:40 AM

Now impeach Pence. You know he did shit too. Find it.

by Anonymousreply 549December 19, 2019 12:40 AM

wait who are the 3 Democrats voting no on article II?

by Anonymousreply 550December 19, 2019 12:41 AM

From WaPo cartoonist Ann Telnaes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551December 19, 2019 12:41 AM

R549 That's why Schiff has been screaming for that confidential testimony made by Pence's aide to be released (which Pence is blocking). Because it will prove he was involved (The Ambassador to the EU already testified that he knew).

by Anonymousreply 552December 19, 2019 12:42 AM

Gabbard voting present on both articles. GTFO out the party along with Van Drew

by Anonymousreply 553December 19, 2019 12:42 AM

how did Gabbard end up getting elected in very liberal Hawaii? They're not going to be happy with her vote

by Anonymousreply 554December 19, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]wait who are the 3 Democrats voting no on article II?

One is Jared Golden of Maine.

Not sure who the other 2 are yet.

by Anonymousreply 555December 19, 2019 12:44 AM

Gabbard already being called out on Twitter. Sic 'em, boys.

by Anonymousreply 556December 19, 2019 12:45 AM

Gabbard needs to be thrown into a volcano.

by Anonymousreply 557December 19, 2019 12:46 AM

Gabbard did what her handlers told her to do. Next stop is a regular gig on Fox and RT.

by Anonymousreply 558December 19, 2019 12:46 AM

In theory, what would be the outcome if the House votes in favor of impeachment in #1, but against in #2?

by Anonymousreply 559December 19, 2019 12:47 AM

I think Van Drew still counts as a Democrat today so who else besides Van Drew and Golden voted no? Gabbard was present. Is it that guy from Minnesota?

by Anonymousreply 560December 19, 2019 12:48 AM

Soon-to-be-Repug Van Drew is another of the Dem no votes. The other Dem is a guy from a district that voted solidly for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 561December 19, 2019 12:48 AM

R559 it would mean he was still impeached but just on 1 article not 2

by Anonymousreply 562December 19, 2019 12:49 AM

did any repubs not vote or vote present for either article?

by Anonymousreply 563December 19, 2019 12:49 AM

Meanwhile there's a Nazi rally in Michigan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564December 19, 2019 12:50 AM

just checked "the other side" lmao Fox is showing Tucker Carlson commenting on the vote but Fox Business channel has a side by side of Trump rally with the House vote

just insane

by Anonymousreply 565December 19, 2019 12:51 AM

I hope in the next few weeks we see a number of Trump's business partners dropping him

by Anonymousreply 566December 19, 2019 12:51 AM

Tulsi Gabbard is a CUNT

by Anonymousreply 567December 19, 2019 12:51 AM

Live-tweeting from Daniel Dale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568December 19, 2019 12:52 AM

r545, I know it's decorum and all, but I wish that she had let them do that.

by Anonymousreply 569December 19, 2019 12:52 AM

what does reconsidering the articles mean?

by Anonymousreply 570December 19, 2019 12:52 AM

How is the Times going to both-sides this tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 571December 19, 2019 12:54 AM

Trump now Impeached on Article #2

by Anonymousreply 572December 19, 2019 12:55 AM

so Trump is now the first elected President to be impeached in a first term

by Anonymousreply 573December 19, 2019 12:56 AM

Daniel Dale: "Extremely little of what Trump is saying is true."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574December 19, 2019 12:56 AM

R367 but the caveat is he was elected VP, not President. Trump is the first elected President to be impeached in a first term

by Anonymousreply 575December 19, 2019 12:57 AM

Daniel Dale is 1 of us, right?

by Anonymousreply 576December 19, 2019 12:57 AM

I wish I could just say "good riddance to bad rubbish" but Trump will still stink up the White House and the media with his tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 577December 19, 2019 12:58 AM

The Wikipedia article has been updated and is now listed as "Impeachment of Donald Trump."

No matter what, that will exist forever.

by Anonymousreply 578December 19, 2019 12:58 AM

Was closeted McConnell blowing off steam last night in his own psychopathic way?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579December 19, 2019 12:59 AM

Wannabe villainess Tulsi Gabbard voted "present." Does she think she can have it both ways?

by Anonymousreply 580December 19, 2019 12:59 AM

r576, no he's Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 581December 19, 2019 1:00 AM

[quote]Daniel Dale is 1 of us, right?

Canadian Jewish boy, and yes, rumored to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 582December 19, 2019 1:01 AM

Final Vote (Article I, Abuse of Power) : 230 yea -197 nay -1 present - 7 not voting Final Vote (Article II, Obstruction of Congress) : 229 -198 -1 - 7

Those 7 cowards not voting were all Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 583December 19, 2019 1:01 AM

Is the cult out tonight trying to remake The Purge?

by Anonymousreply 584December 19, 2019 1:03 AM

Try that again.

Final Vote (Article I, Abuse of Power) : 230 yea -197 nay -1 present - 7 not voting

Final Vote (Article II, Obstruction of Congress) : 229 -198 -1 - 7

by Anonymousreply 585December 19, 2019 1:03 AM

What 7 Repugs weren't even brave enough to vote "No" on impeachment of Trump?

by Anonymousreply 586December 19, 2019 1:03 AM

R571 you already see it. “Trump, unbowed,....”

by Anonymousreply 587December 19, 2019 1:03 AM

I fucking love that network TV had to interrupt regular scheduled programming during prime time to inform Americans that that fat orange fuck was being IMPEACHED.

by Anonymousreply 588December 19, 2019 1:06 AM

Nancy speaking now...

by Anonymousreply 589December 19, 2019 1:07 AM

How can we find our who those 7 are? Curious about my chickenshit representative, Brian Fitzpatrick (Rethug).

by Anonymousreply 590December 19, 2019 1:09 AM

Overall I'm very proud of the Democrats in the House. They stayed mostly on the same page and there were very few defectors; far fewer than I thought there would be.

by Anonymousreply 591December 19, 2019 1:09 AM

Oh Damn. Ms. Nancy is thinking of holding on to the Articles of Impeachment before sending them to the Senate!

Are the Democrats actually starting to play HARD BALL?

by Anonymousreply 592December 19, 2019 1:15 AM

[quote] Oh Damn. Ms. Nancy is thinking of holding on to the Articles of Impeachment before sending them to the Senate!

She is???? That would be fantastic. And yes, very hard ball.

by Anonymousreply 593December 19, 2019 1:17 AM

Never been more proud to be a lifetime Dem

Never been more proud to have never been a POS republican

by Anonymousreply 594December 19, 2019 1:17 AM

Never been more proud to be a lifetime Dem

Never been more proud to have never been a POS republican

by Anonymousreply 595December 19, 2019 1:17 AM

Miss Nancy is TIRED OF YOUR SHIT

by Anonymousreply 596December 19, 2019 1:18 AM

OMG Pelosi is a genius - HOLD THOSE ARTICLES, HUNTY

AND BOW DOWN

by Anonymousreply 597December 19, 2019 1:19 AM

Repubs cancelled their press conference.

by Anonymousreply 598December 19, 2019 1:19 AM

What does it mean to hold them?

by Anonymousreply 599December 19, 2019 1:20 AM

Nancy want's a "fair" trial in the Senate. Might hold on to the Articles until she's sure the Senate is going to give him one.

Go Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 600December 19, 2019 1:20 AM

I love Nancy's outfit. Befitting a president.

by Anonymousreply 601December 19, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote]Repubs cancelled their press conference.

Did they say why?

by Anonymousreply 602December 19, 2019 1:25 AM

Is there a new thread started?

by Anonymousreply 603December 19, 2019 1:25 AM

Miss Lindzey is with Sean Hannity now.

by Anonymousreply 604December 19, 2019 1:31 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 605December 19, 2019 2:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!