Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GAME OF THRONES, 4/21/19, episode 8.2

The battle at Winterfell is approaching.

Jaime is confronted with the consequences of the past.

A tense interaction between Sansa and Daenerys follows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 20, 2019 10:40 AM

Thanks!

First episode thread at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2019 12:47 AM

I never understood the desire some men have to masturbate with one another. If I plan a sexual encounter, then I'm expecting a dick to fill some orifice.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2019 12:51 AM

Is there mutual masturbation in this episode, R2?

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2019 1:07 AM

Eeek!

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2019 1:12 AM

*sorry, I meant "r2's comment"

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2019 1:12 AM

Too much of characters reuniting this episode and last.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2019 1:28 AM

[quote]*sorry, I meant "[R2]'s comment"

R2 posted that comment in several threads, but it didn't make sense in any of them

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2019 1:32 AM

Ugh. I hate non-clever Tyrion. They've ruined him.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2019 1:42 AM

Already tired of Dany and Sansa sniping at each other.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2019 1:45 AM

Arya and Gendry steam!

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2019 1:46 AM

thicc Podrick is back!

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2019 1:47 AM

I was kind of put off, since I still think of Maisie Williams as a child; but then I looked at imdb and saw she is 22. Tthat's more than old enough now, even though it's not very erotic.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2019 1:48 AM

This will be the closest that Jaime and Brienne ever get.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2019 1:50 AM

That romance would be fun, A & G.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2019 1:50 AM

r12 It does seem weird to me, watching someone grow up on a show from a kid to the point where they get toppless and have sex. Seems incestual somehow.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2019 1:51 AM

I kinda love this episode (E02), the quiet before the storm. Tons of just wonderful little character moments. Before all shit breaks loose.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2019 1:51 AM

r16 That's exactly why I dislike it. We were promised a battle in last week's preview and this... ain't it. So I feel a bit deceived. I'm sure I'll feel better about it on a rewatch, when I remind myself these are some of the last ever character interactions on GoT.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2019 1:58 AM

I'm sorry, but how STUPID is Jon Snow to tell Kalisi that he is her only real competition for the Iron Throne BEFORE they defeat the White Walkers?!?

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2019 1:59 AM

There were all these emotional impasses (between Sansa and Dany, between Dany and Jon) interrupted by someone bursting in with news.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2019 1:59 AM

Wait a minute - they expect us to believe that Arya is STRAIGHT???

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2019 1:59 AM

R17, you weren't promised any such thing. Your assumptions are the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2019 2:00 AM

Is Sansa wearing a cockring around her neck?

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2019 2:00 AM

r20 That's why HBO is launching Gentleman Jack tomorrow - to soothe the grieving lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2019 2:01 AM

r21 I'm sorry but there was clearly a battle in last week's preview for this week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2019 2:01 AM

Yeah, what IS it with that ugly necklace of Sansa's?

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2019 2:02 AM

Ugh no ....no more naked Arya. Just NO

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2019 2:02 AM

"I'm sorry, but how STUPID is Jon Snow to tell Kalisi that he is her only real competition for the Iron Throne BEFORE they defeat the White Walkers?!? "

Betcha she proposes and they're hastily married right before the battle. She's smart enough to see that marriage would eliminate and possibility of rivalry, even if he isn't.

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2019 2:03 AM

Neither seem bothered about the whole Aunt/Nephew thing.

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2019 2:06 AM

I wonder if Bran told Tyrion everything when they had their little sit-down. If he did, Tyrion knows about Jon and maybe even how it all will end.

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2019 2:06 AM

so Arya had Gendry on a different list apparently

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2019 2:07 AM

I want more of Gendry naked.

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2019 2:07 AM

Someone should blow Bran before he dies

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2019 2:07 AM

R29. . . "I think we'll live".

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2019 2:08 AM

We were thoroughly robbed by not getting to see Gendry's ass plowing Arya.

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2019 2:09 AM

[quote] Neither seem bothered about the whole Aunt/Nephew thing.

We have been told since the first episode that Targaryens do not consider incest a taboo among themselves.

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2019 2:09 AM

I thought this was a great episode, but I have a feeling it'll get hate from the masses.

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2019 2:10 AM

[quote] Seems incestual

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2019 2:11 AM

Brienne is def going to die because Jaime made her a knight and she cried.

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2019 2:12 AM

The song stylings of Podrick Payne - perfect for those cold winter nights.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2019 2:12 AM

r37 You do know what "oh, dear" is reserved for on DL, right?

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2019 2:13 AM

This was a great episode and felt like a “goodbye comrades”. It makes up for the crappy previous episode.

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2019 2:14 AM

[quote]We have been told since the first episode that Targaryens do not consider incest a taboo among themselves.

Didn't Viserys want to sleep with Dany? Like first episode when he's helping her out of the bath he intimates that he wanted to sample her first or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2019 2:14 AM

Podrick continued to morph more into a man. Looks like he lost more of his baby fat.

by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2019 2:15 AM

[quote] You do know what "oh, dear" is reserved for on DL, right?

You do know the word is incestuous, not incestual, right?

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2019 2:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2019 2:22 AM

LOVED Sansa in this episode. She has truly arrived as the QUEEN of the North! I also thought Arya was pretty great, except for the heterosexual sex which was unnecessary.

However the "One Day More"-esque singing montage was so ridiculously cliche that I got an early start on the dishes.

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2019 2:24 AM

More filler

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2019 2:26 AM

For some it's filler, for others it's putting the spotlight on characters and continuing solidifying relationships before we get to the nitty gritty of the battle for between the undead and the living. I loved this episode.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2019 2:29 AM

Come on there was loads of filler - the little girl we'll never see again saying to Davos she wants to fight? That was a good three minutes gone. The knighting scene about 5 minutes gone. And it ended at 58 min so not even a full hour. The singing was cringe. Naked Arya was uncomfortable. The rest was ok.

by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2019 2:31 AM

So really, both this episode and the next are just setting the stage for next week's big battle... which I'm betting the Northerners don't win.

Frankly, the living are so greatly outnumbered that if the Night's King can't overrun Winterfell immediately, he should assign a ten thousand of his minions to besiege the place, and continue his march to the Southlands and King's Landing. So of course humanity wins in the end and there's something left besides a frozen wasteland full of zombies, but if the Night's King ravages the southlands it'd provide a couple of entertaining episodes, wouldn't it!

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2019 2:32 AM

The Dead Are Already Here!! Do the Math!!

by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2019 2:33 AM

If you did a shot every time someone nodded, you’d have been drunk within the first 15 minutes of the show.

The Lady of Bear Island is a total badass.

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2019 2:35 AM

You would think that with the Army of the Dead at their doorstep they would have better uses for their time than to hold a full blown coffee klatch to discuss Jamie's fate. Too bad you can't talk a white walker to death.

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2019 2:36 AM

I loved the scene of Brienne being knighted!!! Broke my heart!!!

But yeah, it probably does mean she's doomed. Pity, I kind of wanted to see her survive and be crowned as Jamie Lannister's queen. And of course I wanted to see Jamie's face as he's crowned, because he'd know damn well how unworthy he is.

by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2019 2:36 AM

They could have condensed last week's ep and this week's ep and had a faster moving single episode. I'm no longer hopeful that this ending season is going to do the series justice. I'm sure next week's battle will be epic, and lots of favourites will die, and that will be engaging (if sad) but that's about it. After that it will be more plodding, lots of bonding through shared battle experience and through grief, until we see who finally kills Cersei and then see who finally makes it onto the iron throne.

And that, as they say, will be that.

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2019 2:39 AM

I think R33 is on to something.....

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2019 2:40 AM

Kudos to Maisie for providing a flash of her large sideboob and flat sidebutt, though she should have taken it all off. Shame Arya and Gendry don’t have much chemistry though.

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2019 2:41 AM

Count me in on LOVING Sansa’s cuntery! She’s come a long way and is now a straight up boss bitch.

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2019 2:42 AM

Sansa was great this episode. Not unfair to Dany all, who has nothing to complain about.

Not much Varys.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2019 2:47 AM

You have to admit, it would make a fantastic TV epic moment seeing the Night King sitting on the iron throne.

by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2019 2:48 AM

Kinda looking forward to the Night King thinning the herd next week. I’m thinking Greyworm, Brienne, Tormund, Gendry, and Jorah all fall. Maybe Bran and Theon as well.

If Bran falls, it would be interesting because I don’t know who else could defeat tNK.

by Anonymousreply 61April 22, 2019 2:49 AM

Next week's episode is longer than an hour, and will be mostly a battle I imagine. And a lot of well known and loved characters are going to die.

After that episode, there's only three more episodes. I have to imagine that they defeat the white walkers by the episode after next, because it'll take a full episode or two to unwind everything that comes after.

by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2019 2:55 AM

Don't they pretty much have to wipe out at least one major character finally? Either Dany, Jon, Sansa, Arya, Jaime, or Tyrion?

by Anonymousreply 63April 22, 2019 2:57 AM

Maybe Sansa dies during this battle.

Dany could kill Jon to cement her claim. But I bet that happens during the last or penultimate episode. Maybe intercut scenes of Dany killing Jon and Jamie killing Cersei.

by Anonymousreply 64April 22, 2019 3:00 AM

Oh, you dum-dums!

They just have to kill the zombie leader, and all the zombies he’s “made” will disintegrate! They covered that some episodes in the past! That’s how they win! Yay!

by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2019 3:01 AM

GOT Deathpool for next week is:

Brienne (because she was knighted - her life is now complete!) Podrick (because he sang) Jorah (because he was symbolically reunited with his father through the sword, so he can die happy now) One of the dragons Tormund (because he's outlived his usefulness for the plot) Sam's girlfriend (because she was given an undue amount of airtime this week)

by Anonymousreply 66April 22, 2019 3:02 AM

Oh, and Theon (because someone was finally happy to see him, so that's his story done), and Greyworm (because he just pledged the rest of his life to Missandre - as good as getting married)

by Anonymousreply 67April 22, 2019 3:04 AM

But Gendry gave Arya a big long hard weapon. Surely he’s in the pool too.

by Anonymousreply 68April 22, 2019 3:05 AM

Where can we read spoilers? Reddit?

by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2019 3:06 AM

You're right, r68. Gendry too, (because he impregnated Arya, who so the Baratheon line will GO ONnnnn, like Arya's newly discovered heart)

by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]Where can we read spoilers? Reddit?

There's a spoiler thread here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 22, 2019 3:11 AM

PURE SPECULATION--NOT SPOILERS: Bran absolutely won't die. We have to have more explanation first as to what he is now--they've left it underexplained. This is sort of a rule of narrative exposition--you can't have a character killed with so much mystery hanging over him that only he can explain.

Pretty much everyone else is fair game, though, and I expect next episode to be a general slaughter, with multiple characters dead--probably Bendric, Gendry, Pod, Jorah, and maybe Brienne. I would expect both Lannisters will survive (so we can have a dramatic facedown in future episodes with their elder sister), and Jon (more explanation of his background and rights to the throne), and the Hound (we still have to have a big showdown between him and the Mountain because it's been pretty much promised to us). I would guess Sansa and Arya are both fair game to be killed, as is Dany; though certainly all three major female characters would not be killed.

by Anonymousreply 72April 22, 2019 3:12 AM

This episode was better than the first. Glad the emphasis was off Dany and Jon for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2019 3:12 AM

The spoilers for the next episodes are out and only few of those characters die. Brienne, Tormund, Grayworm live. There are TWO battles in the next episode with a twist.

And apparently, the biggest battle of the season is in Ep.5 not the next week.

by Anonymousreply 74April 22, 2019 3:16 AM

And with spoilers being leaked on this thread... I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 75April 22, 2019 3:19 AM

They must leave Winterfell. No way they can hold it.

by Anonymousreply 76April 22, 2019 3:20 AM

Well there's no way they can outrun a zombie army, not with a mass of civilians and infantry along.

Zombies don't sleep and don't stop to eat. Even though they seem to just stagger along slowly, they can cover more ground in 24 hours than a mass of living humans on foot.

by Anonymousreply 77April 22, 2019 3:31 AM

[quote]Neither seem bothered about the whole Aunt/Nephew thing.

I'm not sure where you're getting that impression. Jon was avoiding her the entire episode, and the way she looked at him leaving they obviously have not been intimate since he found out. Then he tells her the truth, but before they can actually discuss what impact this will have they're interrupted by the coming army. While Jon has obviously accepted his mother and what Ned did for him, I don't think he has any plan to challenge Dany for the throne - because I don't think he expects to be alive by the end of this battle. He's obviously going to go for the NK and is willing to sacrifice himself to end the AoftD's path of destruction. He already intimated as much at the war council. He will die protecting his brother if need be.

But I'm starting to suspect this may not come to pass. I have a feeling there will be a lot more story going on after the battle to defeat the dead.

by Anonymousreply 78April 22, 2019 3:32 AM

R74 No spoilers on this thread mate

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2019 3:35 AM

I find battle scenes so boring that I never watch them....except for the Ice Dragon bringing down the wall. Nice CGI. I dread battles taking up large portions of episodes. They could be over in 15 seconds, but boys brought up on video games insists on making/watching extended clinking and clanking scenes punctuated by horses whinnying.

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2019 3:50 AM

Not a spoiler, but I do winder why they didn't bring wagon trains full of wildfire from King's Landing. Would have been pretty handy to have about now, at least as valuable as dragon glass.

by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2019 3:54 AM

"I find battle scenes so boring that I never watch them....except for the Ice Dragon bringing down the wall."

Did you see the battle of Hardhome? Fantastic piece of film, only about fifteen minutes long, but it was incredibly exciting, dramatic, and horrifying.

I used it as an example of how a battle really ought to be filmed, when discussing the awfulness of the "Hobbit" films. Badly edited battle that lasted about two hours, vs. a concisely edited battle that lasted 15 min.

by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2019 3:57 AM

brienne or jaime is going to die next week. Next week is going to be brutal and confusing.

by Anonymousreply 83April 22, 2019 3:59 AM

Hardhome is my favorite battle. It was excellent.

Blackwater Bay was also good.

R83 it won't be Jaime

by Anonymousreply 84April 22, 2019 4:00 AM

this week is going to be an extra long week.

by Anonymousreply 85April 22, 2019 4:01 AM

Good.

Episode 2 was okay, but so far I'm underwhelmed by this season.

Though, the Battle of Winterfell will be excellent. I feel this.

by Anonymousreply 86April 22, 2019 4:05 AM

Gendry didn’t show his butt.

If we don’t see Jaime naked and writhing with Brienne imma riot.

by Anonymousreply 87April 22, 2019 4:06 AM

Re Maise William's age -- yes there was a spike in google searches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 22, 2019 4:10 AM

Ok, that's it. Both Briebbe and Tornund won't make it because he said "We're all gonna die," then looked at Brienne and said, "We'll die together."

by Anonymousreply 89April 22, 2019 4:10 AM

Briebbe = Brienne

by Anonymousreply 90April 22, 2019 4:11 AM

Tormund!

by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2019 4:12 AM

Am I the only one who cringed when Arya grabbed Gendry's face? The whole thing was so uncomfortable. It made my skin crawl a little.

by Anonymousreply 92April 22, 2019 4:23 AM

Arya isn’t really sexual. Gendry doesnt seem attracted to her, and was throwing her a bone.

by Anonymousreply 93April 22, 2019 4:25 AM

Too bad Tommen died before he could get his kit off in a love scene.

by Anonymousreply 94April 22, 2019 4:26 AM

I was deeply uncomfortable with the Arya-Gendry scene. I've literally watched her grow up from a little kid to a young adult and while I'm aware she's of age, she still looks like she isn't.

And it's not like I like watching women strip off or straight people having sex, so eew.

by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2019 4:30 AM

Look, all these posters predicting deaths, need to consider that after next week we have three more episodes including dealing with Cersei, and they're not going to kill off too many principal actors in the 3rd episode. So Tormund, and Edd, Beric, Podrick, maybe Lord Royce, and probably Lady Mormont. But think Grey Worm, Jorah, and the rest survive. The ones with Valerian steel will live for the time being.

I have a couple of questions: Varys. They are underusing him horribly. It makes no sense. And As for Bran, he has to know something more than he is admitting about the Night King. Meera and Jojen were telling him he was going to save the world so WTF? And WTF was the point of Samwell Tarley stealing books if he can't discover something that will help defeat the Night King?

by Anonymousreply 96April 22, 2019 4:32 AM

I would guess Arya & Bran are gonna die next episode.... i would also think Daenerys has to sacrifice herself based on that dream she had in the House of the Dying. I would think Jon stabs her through the heart with her consent and he becomes Azor Ahai to save their known world from the WW. I just don't think it'll be the next episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2019 4:34 AM

R94, Tommen was having great sex with Margaery Tyrell, his wife, before the High Sparrow screwed everything up by arresting her.

by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2019 4:35 AM

OMG it was so boring.

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2019 4:35 AM

What's Varys's outfit called? Caftan?

by Anonymousreply 100April 22, 2019 4:36 AM

With all that dim lighting, will we even see a battle next week even if it's going on?

by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2019 4:39 AM

[quote]Tommen was having great sex with Margaery Tyrell

Yes, I know but we didn't see his ass, yet we saw a flash of Arya's.

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2019 4:46 AM

I think it was a very good episode. But, a huge downer. No matter how well-done it is, it's not fun watching people prepare for the end of the world.

by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2019 4:48 AM

The Arya scene was poor taste fanservice. They should have had Gendry tell her to wait 'til after the battle and that she is death itself, and thus she cannot die. This would have made her sad, lonely ending more tragic, which would have won the show some Emmys. But of course, we gotta make sure the nerds get their rock off.

by Anonymousreply 104April 22, 2019 4:54 AM

Where's Bronn? I half expected him to show up at Winterfell. OTOH, it's cold up north, there are dragons and a zombie army, and he has two big casks filled with gold and a wagon. Betcha he walks away, takes the gold and buys himself passage to Dorne. No one is incharge in Dorne right now.

by Anonymousreply 105April 22, 2019 4:55 AM

I didn’t miss Cersei at all.

by Anonymousreply 106April 22, 2019 4:56 AM

Bronn will show up in Winterfell during the battle. In the season preview there was a moment of Jaime yelling his name. Whether he arrives as a human or zombie, idk.

by Anonymousreply 107April 22, 2019 5:06 AM

I read the battle is the longest ever filmed for a movie or TV show.

by Anonymousreply 108April 22, 2019 5:10 AM

The point of the scene with the little girl was that she reminded Davos and Gilly of Shireen, Stannis’s disfigured daughter who taught both of them to read.

by Anonymousreply 109April 22, 2019 5:21 AM

Part of me wants to adopt Lady Lyanna, another part wants to pledge fealty.

by Anonymousreply 110April 22, 2019 5:26 AM

R109, that girl wanted to fight. I think that she’s going to get her wish, and that we’ll see her again.

by Anonymousreply 111April 22, 2019 5:47 AM

Yes, that battle took 55 nights to film. Source : Jon Snow on Late Late show.

by Anonymousreply 112April 22, 2019 5:53 AM

what is up with small children ruling kingdoms and fighting in wars? Somebody been watching too much crazy George Lucas .

Maybe Sensa couldn't do all the episodes because she was filming the next X-Men so they .....

Last year they gave Arya special lighting and maybe CGI to make her more pretty. This year they haven't even tried....

by Anonymousreply 113April 22, 2019 6:15 AM

[quote]what is up with small children ruling kingdoms and fighting in wars? Somebody been watching too much crazy George Lucas .

Necessity. Ser Jeor went to the Wall, his daughter Meg died fighting for Robb, therefore the duties fall to Lyanna.

I assumed the head of House Umber died after they gave Rickon over to Ramsay. Maybe that's just what I hoped for.

Lord Arryn has the Vale because his mother was killed by Littlefinger.

Even Bran was running Winterfell when Robb and Catelyn were away.

by Anonymousreply 114April 22, 2019 6:21 AM

Jorah is Jeor's only child. Maege Mormont was Jeor's sister who took over ruling after Jorah was banished for selling people to slavers. Lyanna is the youngest of her five daughters.

by Anonymousreply 115April 22, 2019 6:33 AM

This was a great episode, better than any episode from the last season. People who can't see that because it didn't have fight scenes sound like immature 12 year olds. There were so many emotional moments.

by Anonymousreply 116April 22, 2019 6:43 AM

[Quote]what is up with small children ruling kingdoms and fighting in wars?

It's like they are showing the devastation war has on communities or something, the North has lost a lot of people since Robb first called the houses to war.

by Anonymousreply 117April 22, 2019 6:45 AM

R113 Do you have any info on the CGI, I was just rewatching her revenge scene last season and I realized that her eyes have this strange glimmer that make her seem less like product of incest and more mysterious. That cabbage patch face is the definition of anti-erotic, watching her have a sex scene was awful and it underminded the "ruthless assassin" angle that she had, no ruthless assassin has the body of a toodler. It had half of america attempting to call child services.

by Anonymousreply 118April 22, 2019 6:53 AM

There is nothing wrong with being a sexed up killer.

by Anonymousreply 119April 22, 2019 6:56 AM

[quote]The Arya scene was poor taste fanservice.

I thought it was great. She has obviously been crushing on Gendry since they first met and in typical Arya fashion she just decides she isn't going to let this chance slip through her fingers and takes control of the situation.

What I think is weird is how we can watch Arya who we met as a little girl brutally murder countless people and that is okay, but her enjoying her sexuality is not. This "sex is dirty and bad" mindset is sad.

by Anonymousreply 120April 22, 2019 7:28 AM

How old is Arya?

by Anonymousreply 121April 22, 2019 7:35 AM

When the show started Arya was 11, her age hasn't been mentioned on screen in many years but given this is seven seasons later she is probably about 18.

by Anonymousreply 122April 22, 2019 7:41 AM

When Brienne of Tarth was knighted, I wept. I couldn't help it.

by Anonymousreply 123April 22, 2019 7:49 AM

[quote]When the show started Arya was 11, her age hasn't been mentioned on screen in many years but given this is seven seasons later she is probably about 18.

I'm terrible with gauging the ages of kids but Little Sam looks to be under five years of age so the show either isn't moving in real time or they just couldn't be arsed to remember to age up Gilly's son.

by Anonymousreply 124April 22, 2019 8:41 AM

R118 I didn’t read anything about cgi it was just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 125April 22, 2019 8:44 AM

What idiot came up with the plan to hide the women and children in the crypt when the Night King can bring the dead to life?

by Anonymousreply 126April 22, 2019 8:57 AM

The dumbass comments on this thread... What are yall smoking that you think Dany will kill Jon? Of course it was a shock to her to hear about his true parentage, but why the fuck would she kill him? When has she ever arbitrarily killed her own ally, let alone the fact that she is in love with him? Going by inheritance rules, yep he is a threat to her but that doesnt mean she would straight up murder the man shes in love with LMAO. If they both survive, which I dont think likely, Dany will take the throne because she actually wants it and Jon doesnt, plus he has bent the knee to her. Anyway, they will get married if they both survive, so he will be her consort. Its moot point anyway, I cant see both surviving.

Dany has been ruthless, yes, but she was justified in being harsh most of the time. People butthurt over the Tarlys.. yes that was a rash decision but they betrayed her ally Olena Tyrell and supported her enemy Cersei. She shouldnt have burned them but its not like they were not her enemies.

Its like people forget that though a flawed character, she is still the hero of the story. But why am I surprised, yall need an excuse to shit on a woman.

by Anonymousreply 127April 22, 2019 8:58 AM

Is it just me or was there a lot of ADR for this episode

by Anonymousreply 128April 22, 2019 9:21 AM

Brienne's not dying a virgin, no way is she on her way out next episode. Jorah seems like a goner, however--that was a tied-up storyline. Theon sacrificing himself to save Bran whom he is thought to have killed seems about right. Beric in the books died ages ago, so I think he's probably served his purpose. Don't see a long-term romance for Arya, so goodbye Gendry.

by Anonymousreply 129April 22, 2019 9:45 AM

What a complete waste of an episode. Everything that happened could have been accomplished in 1/3rd the time or less. So far, this is most boring season of GoT. No suspense, surprises, plotting or story. It's clear they are stretching a thin amount of script.

by Anonymousreply 130April 22, 2019 9:51 AM

I hope Sansa doesn’t die without experiencing real sex.

And Jamie gets to fuck someone he’s not related to.

by Anonymousreply 131April 22, 2019 10:43 AM

Sansa got Ramsay Bolton dick. She can die a happy woman.

by Anonymousreply 132April 22, 2019 10:49 AM

The folks over at AV thought it was an all time great episode.

"But there’s a reason this episode is titled “A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms.” The long and winding hangout session that takes place with Tyrion, Jaime, Brienne, Pod, Davos, and Tormund forms the emotional core of the episode, and Brienne being knighted by Jaime is the centerpiece. It captures a theme of the series in the way it upends tradition and finds people doing what they think is right as opposed to what is expected. “Fuck tradition,” Tormund sputters in reaction to the reason given why Brienne isn’t a knight, and it’s a sentiment shared by the entire room. Tradition is part of what wrecked the world; if a woman is going to sit on the Iron Throne, there’s no reason another woman shouldn’t be a member of the knighthood that fights for her. Part of the arc of the series has been women claiming the power and authority previously granted only to men. Watching Brienne rise as a knight felt like a long-overdue piece finally falling into place."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 22, 2019 11:06 AM

I really wish they'd left out the Arya-Gendry thing, we've all known the character as a little girl and I don't need to see her naked! Gendry, yes, HE should have been the one to strip off.

As for ages, well, it's not clear how old anyone is, because this world doesn't have years as we know them, their seasons can last a month or ten years. The only time anyone ever gave an age was on Sansa's first wedding night, when she told Tyrion she was fourteen, if they've left the question of age alone ever since that's fine. BTW Arya was eight years old when the story started in the books, but the Arya of the TV show was 10 to 12. Which is fine, believing a kid of 8 could survive all of Arya's adventures was a bit improbable.

by Anonymousreply 134April 22, 2019 11:26 AM

Jenny of Oldstones. Premiered on tonight's episode of Game Of Thrones. Listen now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 22, 2019 11:43 AM

Was it revealed in some earlier season in some brothel scene that Gendry is hung like a massive horse?

by Anonymousreply 136April 22, 2019 11:47 AM

No, it was Podrick who so impressed the hookers that they gave Tyrion his money back.

Now half the fandom wants to match him up with Sansa.

by Anonymousreply 137April 22, 2019 11:48 AM

[Quote]As for ages, well, it's not clear how old anyone is, because this world doesn't have years as we know them, their seasons can last a month or ten years.

Not true, yes their seasons can last a long time but their year is the same as our year. A year measures how long it takes the planet to go around the sun, it is not based on seasons.

by Anonymousreply 138April 22, 2019 11:51 AM

[Quote]No, it was Podrick who so impressed the hookers that they gave Tyrion his money back.

Given we now know about Podricks beautiful singing voice, I'd say that is a mystery solved of why the hookers liked him so much.

by Anonymousreply 139April 22, 2019 11:53 AM

God forbid Cersei should manage to survive them all.

by Anonymousreply 140April 22, 2019 11:54 AM

‘Game of Thrones’: Florence and the Machine’s Frontwoman on That Haunting Closing Song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 22, 2019 11:56 AM

Couldn't watch the love scene between Arya and Gendry. Think it was a combination of her being young at the show's start, still looking young, and never having had an overtly sexual nature or storyline on the show. It was ewww.

The reunion that brought a tear to my eye was Theon and Sansa. Those two have seen some shit.

by Anonymousreply 142April 22, 2019 12:18 PM

[quote] BTW Arya was eight years old when the story started in the books, but the Arya of the TV show was 10 to 12. Which is fine, believing a kid of 8 could survive all of Arya's adventures was a bit improbable.

Yes, David and Dan were able to fix one of GRRM's mistakes when they aged up all the kids by three years. GRRM himself wishes he could go back and do that, remember when he started this series he expected there to be a 5 year time jump which is why he made them so young.

by Anonymousreply 143April 22, 2019 12:18 PM

Agreed, r130. You can see how hard they're reaching for attention with the Arya naked-sex scene. It needn't have been naked (after all, it's Winter now, in a freezing castle). Nor did it need to be so... robotic. But they needed to shock because they are tired, and they are producers not writers, and they hate writing, and they're not very good at it, and GRRM let them down, didn't he, and let's finish this already and just stick in a 'scandal' moment people will write about tomorrow to keep up the coverage.

by Anonymousreply 144April 22, 2019 12:24 PM

I also got the impression something was different about some of the scenes Sophie Turner was in. It was the Camera angle. When she spoke to John in Episode one, the camera would be on her or him, but not both. And in some of her scenes with others. Yes there were scenes with her and the person she was talking to both shown, but in a few others they'd show just the shadowed profile of the other person, and fully show Sansa. Which made me wonder about CGI, too. If she was shooting her other movie and the schedules over lapped that might be the answer. If you rewatch episodes 1 & 2 with that in mind you might catch what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 145April 22, 2019 12:26 PM

I expect this episode will get a lot of strong critic reviews r130, it was a character centric showcase. The general audience tends like to the spectacle, but critics tend to appreciate the emotional beats.

by Anonymousreply 146April 22, 2019 12:31 PM

Whoops, r133*

by Anonymousreply 147April 22, 2019 12:32 PM

R144, I thought that the scene was tame by traditional GoT standards. Arya is one of the most damaged characters on the show, and a calculating killer. If would have been very off-putting for her to suddenly drop her normal abrasiveness and aggression.

by Anonymousreply 148April 22, 2019 1:03 PM

[quote]If she was shooting her other movie and the schedules over lapped that might be the answer. If you rewatch episodes 1 & 2 with that in mind you might catch what I mean.

Filming on Dark Phoenix wrapped in late August/early Sept 2017. Thrones didn’t start filming until October 2017.

by Anonymousreply 149April 22, 2019 1:05 PM

That's true, r148, but I think Maisie's babyface, plus the fact that it's very rare to see any of the leads naked (only the supporting actors) made the whole thing a bit off-putting. And it was not a necessary scene - we could have had a roll in the hay without the tits and ass and it would have had more emotional, rather than shock impact.

by Anonymousreply 150April 22, 2019 1:20 PM

There have been much more graphic sex scenes in this show. That some of you Marys are clutching your pearls over this one is hilarious. Sansa got raped and we had to watch it!

by Anonymousreply 151April 22, 2019 1:26 PM

Am I the only one who hates Sam? I hope he dies next week.

by Anonymousreply 152April 22, 2019 1:28 PM

I also find the "Arya looks too young to have sex" is rather insulting to Maisie Williams who is a 22 year old young woman r151, like anyone that age she is no doubt sick of people treating her like a child.

by Anonymousreply 153April 22, 2019 1:31 PM

I think that Maisie Williams was probably all for that sex scene. She probably doesn’t want to be viewed as her character/child irl which probably happens frequently. People are shipping Pod and Sansa? Ew. He is so unworthy. He’s fug and lowborn.

by Anonymousreply 154April 22, 2019 1:43 PM

It was like all of a sudden Bran starting taking off his clothes and decided to have sex with a tree.

by Anonymousreply 155April 22, 2019 1:47 PM

Midway through yet another character scene, I remarked that it was like a building full of nothing but wacky neighbors

by Anonymousreply 156April 22, 2019 1:49 PM

Tormund cant die, they need someone around for comic relief. Nursed on giants milk?! Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 157April 22, 2019 1:56 PM

If Joe Dempsie (Gendry) can get over it, everyone else can.

Dempsie suggested the experience was strange for him too for given how long he’s known Williams, who’s about a decade younger than he is. “It’s obviously slightly strange for me because I’ve known Maisie since she was 11, 12 years old,” says the 31-year-old actor. “At the same time, I don’t want to be patronizing toward Maisie — she’s a 20-year-old woman. So we just had a lot of fun with it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 22, 2019 2:01 PM

I think it would have been more in character if Arya immediately got dressed after,, gave Gentry a nod, and left.

by Anonymousreply 159April 22, 2019 2:16 PM

R159- They do a lot of nodding on that show.

by Anonymousreply 160April 22, 2019 2:18 PM

Whoa that was boring as fuck. Next week should be good.

by Anonymousreply 161April 22, 2019 2:19 PM

Sepinwall was also very impressed by this episode. Agrees that the knighting scene was one of the most powerful from the show.

[Quote]An episode this great is more, frankly, than I had hoped for after GoT‘s sluggish recent seasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 22, 2019 2:20 PM

For a pug face fug, Arya did well to fuck Gendry who is way out of her league.

I appreciate the calm before all hell breaks loose but the breakneck pace of the last season has come to a grinding halt these last 2 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 163April 22, 2019 2:28 PM

Last season was bad r163, the first two episodes seems to be have shown David and Dan learned their lesson.

by Anonymousreply 164April 22, 2019 2:30 PM

The last 2 seasons are just fanfic and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 165April 22, 2019 2:41 PM

The nude scene definitely had to be Maisy William's idea. She does seem like the type to try and be shocking. And I agree that she's probably sick of being thought of as a little kid and wants to show people she's an adult.

Still, I could've done without it.

by Anonymousreply 166April 22, 2019 2:44 PM

The last two seasons were written for the fans.

by Anonymousreply 167April 22, 2019 2:44 PM

Last season was a mess. The quick travel times was so ridiculous.

I wonder if Tormund's giant's milk story was supposed to be the 'funniest scene they've ever filmed' that D & D have said happens this year. I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 168April 22, 2019 2:48 PM

For those that didn't bother to read the interview at r158, Maisie said it was left up to her how much or how little show, so what you saw on screen is what she decided to show.

by Anonymousreply 169April 22, 2019 2:49 PM

Now we need a scene of Sir Brianne giving her flower to Sir Jaime

by Anonymousreply 170April 22, 2019 3:08 PM

Episode 4 probably

Gwendolyn did say Brienne explores her femininity or something this season. What better way to do that than to fuck Jaime Lannister?

by Anonymousreply 171April 22, 2019 3:23 PM

I don't see duty bound Brienne taking time out from this looming battle just to have sex. Even if it is with one of the hottest men in Westeros.

by Anonymousreply 172April 22, 2019 3:26 PM

The making of videos, like this one actually spoil the fate of some of these characters. Note the costumes and the setting for each actor and one can guess who lives and who survives past Ep.3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 22, 2019 3:39 PM

Dany was supposed to be just 15 (13 in the books) when she married Khal Drogo

by Anonymousreply 174April 22, 2019 3:46 PM

I dont get the outrage over a now 22 year old having a sex scene. Yes we saw her grow up. We saw Sansa grow too, but the outrage over her being habitually raped by a sadist didn't garner such criticism on a show known for its inappropriate content.

There seems to be an interesting chemistry between Theon and Sansa.

by Anonymousreply 175April 22, 2019 3:50 PM

I thought it was a nice touch to see how Arya and The Hound seemed to slip back into a companionable rhythm when she found him up on the wall. When Beric arrived, and she got up to leave The Hound reflexively turned and said,"Now, where you going?" I smiled.

And while I do believe there is "something " strong between Brienne and Jaime, I also think that now that they're all facing imminent death Jaime wants to be with the one person he knows has his back. In both the case of Brienne and Jaime, and Arya and The Hound, those road trips really made a huge difference in terms ofself-discoveryand trust.

by Anonymousreply 176April 22, 2019 3:55 PM

Not outraged. Just ...squeamish. Maisie Williams is not exactly sexy. Gendry is sexy. At any rate, they have no chemistry and when Maisie ogles Gendry and throws him back, telling him to take off his pants.....it’s not sexy at all.

by Anonymousreply 177April 22, 2019 3:57 PM

It's not about what you find sexy, r177.

by Anonymousreply 178April 22, 2019 3:59 PM

“I’m not staying here with you two miserable old shits” = “I’m gonna get laid.”

by Anonymousreply 179April 22, 2019 3:59 PM

People are funny. Yes, we "knew" her and watched Arya grow up, and we applauded her when she cut throats, and baked pies, and poisoned people. "What a badass!" And now she is 17-18 in the show, and she wants to experience sex before she dies. She's has always had a bond with Gendry, maybe even a bit of a crush. So I just don't get why anyone would make such a big deal of it.

by Anonymousreply 180April 22, 2019 4:04 PM

The issue with the sex scene was how it didn't seem to fit into Arya's character. She's supposed to be this odd, other-worldly assassin, not some horny young woman (who looks about ten years old).

by Anonymousreply 181April 22, 2019 4:04 PM

Gendry can fuck me sideways until the night walkers come for me.

by Anonymousreply 182April 22, 2019 4:05 PM

I think the lack of chemistry between them made it awkward, I can almost see Gendry being unable to maintain a boner.

by Anonymousreply 183April 22, 2019 4:11 PM

Can you imagine if a male character took off his shirt, pulled a woman’s shirt off, then pushed the woman into the hay and commanded her to take off her pants?

(I definitely see Gendry not being able to get it up)

by Anonymousreply 184April 22, 2019 4:12 PM

How does Gendry keep his hair perfectly shaved to a #3 length?

by Anonymousreply 185April 22, 2019 4:13 PM

I, on the other hand, love the two of them together. It was building up to this and actually called it last night while watching it and love Arya’s assertiveness in bed. I’m sure Gendry was turned on.

by Anonymousreply 186April 22, 2019 4:15 PM

[quote] The dumbass comments on this thread

You're welcome to stop reading comments and leave. People are talking about a tv show, not debating the fate of nations.

Opinions, speculations and interpretations differ and we can do without the scolds lecturing eveyone about why they're wrong in their idle speculations about a tv show.

I have no idea what's going to happen or who will live or die but I don't mind people speculating about it.

(And I agree that Gendry is a superhero if he can get it up for Ned Stark Jr. )

by Anonymousreply 187April 22, 2019 4:26 PM

The sword Sam gave Jorah, did it have any signifiganceto the Mormonts? He said Jeor would want Jorah to have it, did it once belong to the Mormont family?

by Anonymousreply 188April 22, 2019 4:30 PM

^significance to

by Anonymousreply 189April 22, 2019 4:31 PM

No r187, it was just Sam showing how much Commander Mormont meant to him. It also mirrors how Commander Mormont gave Jon Snow his families sword.

by Anonymousreply 190April 22, 2019 4:32 PM

The group of guys warming up by the fireplace should have been circle jerking to relieve their stress. before the war. That’s what we did in Desert Storm.

by Anonymousreply 191April 22, 2019 4:35 PM

Where the fuck is Melisandre. Seems like a waste of a great character not to be using her.

by Anonymousreply 192April 22, 2019 4:35 PM

She will appear at some point r192, better to wait for when the plot needs her.

by Anonymousreply 193April 22, 2019 4:36 PM

She is not welcome in Winterfell

by Anonymousreply 194April 22, 2019 4:37 PM

I thought Arya's behavior was authentic to her character. She was never going to be Sansa or Dany. She has always been a tomboy. She never learned to act feminine or sexy, and since they will literally be fighting for their lives in a matter of hours, why waste time on niceties she has never learned. Her style is consistent with her character. IMO.

by Anonymousreply 195April 22, 2019 4:39 PM

[quote]Can you imagine if a male character took off his shirt, pulled a woman’s shirt off, then pushed the woman into the hay and commanded her to take off her pants?

On THIS show? Have you actually watched it?

by Anonymousreply 196April 22, 2019 4:41 PM

Exactly r195. I thought they did a great job of capturing what Arya trying to have sex for the first time would look like.

We should be celebrating that Arya got some of that Joe Dempsie dick. A girl has good taste.

by Anonymousreply 197April 22, 2019 4:43 PM

r194 that's all well and good but she has magical power and they need all the help they can get right now. Fuck Davos, what does he offer the struggle in comparison? Pouring people onion soup?

by Anonymousreply 198April 22, 2019 4:57 PM

Those who are wondering why so many women and children rulers/authorities - while there's surely some anti-patriarchal message there somewhere, in-universe it is to reflect how much the devastation has unsettled 'normal' politics.

In wartime IRL, enough men die and enough male rulers get toppled, the more opportunity for women to step in (potentially for decades, with a chance of changing the tradition). In wartime IRL, enough adult men die, the more necessity to turn to whoever conveys the most legitimacy for the sake of stability - if this means a child if they carry the right line and are a surprisingly forceful presence, hell yes people have turned to them. Or even put them into earlier (GAINFUL) employment, but with their youthful mentality would be more open to changes within their industry (see point above with acceptance of female leadership).

Its a peacetime + lack of education that = patriarchy everywhere as everyone defaults to physical might (larger adult male stature) makes right, because what will teach differently? Its a wartime + educational reforms (or at least educational experiences, or at LEAST forceful change) that = dismantling of patriarchy as all the 'strong men' fucking die and more people than before figure that women and anti-traditional changes sometimes help a whole lot.

This isn't just theory but a matter of history.

by Anonymousreply 199April 22, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]People are shipping Pod and Sansa? Ew. He is so unworthy. He’s fug and lowborn.

Standards are lower on the last night of life.

by Anonymousreply 200April 22, 2019 5:08 PM

I hope Melisandre shows up with a boatload of fire priests and priestesses. Could explain the slight delay in her arrival.

Also loved when Brienne said to Jaime 'what are you doing? We've never had a conversation this long without you insulting me'.

Interesting that when Jon tells Dany she doesn't believe him and is suspect of his sources (one being the man who saved Jorah). She was willing to believe in an army of the dead but not that her brother had a child? If anything given what she knew about her brother and the kidnapping story that things would've 'clicked ' into place.

by Anonymousreply 201April 22, 2019 5:12 PM

[quote]I dont get the outrage over a now 22 year old having a sex scene.

The actress is 22. The character is much younger. 14? 15?

by Anonymousreply 202April 22, 2019 5:22 PM

R202 Not entirely sure but they marry them off by 13/14 in this world. How is it problematic for a teenager to be libidinously driven? Especially looking down the barrel of death.

I thought the way she was stalking him as her target was something in line with her character.

by Anonymousreply 203April 22, 2019 5:29 PM

Sansa and Theon were both tortured by Ramsay. Theon saved Sansa’s life, so I can see why she’d hug him and cry, even if he did destroy Winterfell. But she and Bran should really have a care for those 2 boys Theon killed.

by Anonymousreply 204April 22, 2019 5:34 PM

[quote] The actress is 22. The character is much younger. 14? 15?

In the books, Gendry is 15 and Arya is 10 when they first meet.

by Anonymousreply 205April 22, 2019 5:36 PM

[quote] This isn't just theory but a matter of history

It’s a tv show.

by Anonymousreply 206April 22, 2019 5:37 PM

Arya is much older than that r202. A lot of time has passed since the show started when she was 11, she would be 17-18 by now.

by Anonymousreply 207April 22, 2019 5:39 PM

"What about the North?"

by Anonymousreply 208April 22, 2019 5:40 PM

Yes, i know that R207, that’s why i said that Arya was 10 and Gendry was 15 WHEN THEY FIRST MEET. Try reading to the end of a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 209April 22, 2019 5:45 PM

What are you going on about r209? No one was responding to your post about their book ages, I was responding to post r202.

You seem pretty unstable, maybe try a walk away outside.

by Anonymousreply 210April 22, 2019 5:50 PM

While Sophie Turner was over 18, her character Sansa was only 15-16 when she was sexually assaulted by Ramsey.

NK and/or his top Walkers are heading down to that crypt next week to rescue NK's girlfriend - if it turns out that NK is the brother of Brandon the Builder.

Next week there will be some major reveals about the NK- and Bran. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 211April 22, 2019 6:21 PM

So kill me, but IMO Ser Jorah and Sansa would do well together...if he gets over his Kaleesi. I think he sees something to admire in Sansa. You know, I really resented Dany telling Sansa, "I wish I had advisors I could trust"the way Sansa spoke about Brienne. But in fact Dany has Missandei, Grey Worm, and Ser Jorah. Three people who'd defend her to the death just like Brienne would for Sansa.

by Anonymousreply 212April 22, 2019 6:23 PM

OK. Just to be clear: We have the Night King,and no one is sure how to kill him. I think dragon glass or Valerian steel, but WTF do I know.

Then we have the guys with the long white hair riding horses, who are White Walkers, and who I like to call"Craster's Kids". We learned last season, that they control the Dead. So if you kill a White Walker you can de activate the Dead zombies who are with them. White walkers are for sure killed by Valerian steel or dragon glass. We saw Jon Shatter one at Hardhome, and we saw Samshatter one with dragon glass.

The Dead are killed by dragon glass or fire. It is worth mentioning to remember that White walkers cannot be killed by fire. Remember at Hardhome how they walked right through the fire when Jon was fighting them? And the White Walkers and the Nightking also walked through fire to get into the cave with the old 3 eyed raven.

by Anonymousreply 213April 22, 2019 6:34 PM

Yes r213. And the thought process is just like when a White Walker is killed the wights it created die with it, the thought process is if you kill the Night King then all the White Walkers will die since they were made by him.

by Anonymousreply 214April 22, 2019 6:38 PM

It's possible that one of the older Starks buried in the crypts knows how to kill or reduce the lethality of the NK. I think it is pretty clear that there is some raising of the dead action in the crypts, and who knows what these ancient Starks will do.

by Anonymousreply 215April 22, 2019 6:38 PM

No one knows how to kill him, because he has never been killed. That's why Bran/3ER doesnt know, the secrets of the past can't help.

In the original Long Night the combined forces of the Children of the Forest and Men were just able to get him to retreat, and then they built the Wall to keep him out.

by Anonymousreply 216April 22, 2019 6:46 PM

I think the crypts are not going to have a resurrection of Starks. I think what will happen, is either Sansa, Arya, or Theon is going to find a way out of Winterfell through some secret tunnel in the crypts....or the Dead and the White walkers will find their way IN through some secret opening leading through the crypts.

by Anonymousreply 217April 22, 2019 6:47 PM

Yes, the battle will definitely not go how Jon and Dany planned for it to.

by Anonymousreply 218April 22, 2019 6:57 PM

Well Bran pretty much told us/Jaime he that isn't going to survive. The Arya/Gendry sex scene was uncomfortable, but even if she does have a baby, it'll still be a bastard, but might be able to unite the Baratheons/Lannisters and the Starks. It was also interesting how many questions Arya had about the wights, which made me think that she might be able to take their faces.

Sir Brienne...poor Tormund will have a massive case of blue balls.

by Anonymousreply 219April 22, 2019 7:04 PM

You know you want a Florence lyric video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220April 22, 2019 7:13 PM

R219 How on Earth would a Gendry/Arya child unite the Baratheons, Lannisters and the Starks?

by Anonymousreply 221April 22, 2019 7:16 PM

I think the little girl who wanted to fight will save little Sam and Gilly. My death pool: Gendry, Jaime, Greyworm and Misandei, Theon and Jorah. Tyrion will kill Cersei or Arya will kill her wearing Jaime’s face. Podrick will save either Tyrion or Brienne and LIVE. Bendarrion and the Red Woman will work some god of light mojo to weaken the Night King and then both of them will die. Jon will kill the NK but his dragon will die. Sansa will back Jon as the true King and she and Dany will have a catfight for the ages and Sansa will win and become Hand of the King. Pure speculation. Count me in as someone who really liked Sunday’s episode. Teared up more than once. I can’t believe how invested I have become in these characters but I am going to miss the shit out of them.

by Anonymousreply 222April 22, 2019 7:45 PM

There are still three episodes to go after the battle for Winterfell, the Nightking isn't going to be defeated yet.

by Anonymousreply 223April 22, 2019 7:47 PM

Yes, there are three episodes to go after the battle of Winterfell...which IMO means that some of the deaths that have been predicted are not happening because they need those characters to move the narrative forward towards the climax. So don't see Jaime or Tyrion dying next week. I see secondary but "loveable" characters dying. Podrick is gone. Done. Dead. Beric, Tormund, Edd. Dead. I guess we do need one Big Death. I don't want to see Jorah go. But he may. Grey Worm, too.

by Anonymousreply 224April 22, 2019 8:21 PM

They have to kill off a biggie. Now that Jon is the rightful heir, and he doesn’t seem to be into incest, Dany is expendable.

by Anonymousreply 225April 22, 2019 8:27 PM

Everyone’s talking about the dead in the Winterfell crypt coming back as zombies, but I thought only those actually killed by a WW or TNK could be resurrected into the army of the dead.

by Anonymousreply 226April 22, 2019 9:08 PM

Hope that’s true. Don’t want to see a bunch of dead Stark family running around.

by Anonymousreply 227April 22, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote]I hope Melisandre shows up with a boatload of fire priests and priestesses. Could explain the slight delay in her arrival.

What, like the fucking eagles in LotR who show up at the last minute when they could've just taken the fucking ring themselves and saved a couple of dwarfs the trip?

by Anonymousreply 228April 22, 2019 9:28 PM

At this point, the show just needs to end. I'll miss it and it was fun looking forward to it, but the creators checked out a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 229April 22, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]At this point, the show just needs to end.

...what does this comment even mean? The show has ended, it's over, nothing left but the airing off of the final few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 230April 22, 2019 11:41 PM

R130 is just the worst. "I WANT EXPLOSINOS!" Fuck off, rube. This was a brilliant episode, full of emotional pay-offs and great character moments. You're a fucking low-brow idiot and should crawl back into your fucking whole, you worthless piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 231April 22, 2019 11:50 PM

I liked this calm episode. Actually, I would've liked it to be a little longer. Have it spend couple minutes more with each group/pairing.

Next week's is going to stress me the hell out. And then make me sad. I should buy some liquor to drink while watching...

by Anonymousreply 232April 23, 2019 12:03 AM

Will Jon be reunited with his zombie mother? Can he ask zombie Ned Stark why he lied about his parentage?

by Anonymousreply 233April 23, 2019 12:08 AM

OK, now I'm bored of the subject.

It happened. The actress is 22, the character she plays is 18: get over it.

by Anonymousreply 234April 23, 2019 12:13 AM

[quote]...what does this comment even mean? The show has ended, it's over, nothing left but the airing off of the final few episodes.

Such a literal cunt.

I'm just saying that it's been dragging for some time now and many people noticed that it did. Had the creators continued to be more "enthusiastic" about the show, people would've wanted it to continue. It could've gone on longer with attention paid to places/people that/who didn't get enough airtime, so people didn't really care - like Dorne.

by Anonymousreply 235April 23, 2019 12:32 AM

R192 She's coming by up. She is at the center of one of the prophecies......

by Anonymousreply 236April 23, 2019 12:41 AM

What happened to the Red Witch?

by Anonymousreply 237April 23, 2019 12:45 AM

The fans don’t want it to end. Why would we? TWD is the show that people were saying needed to be put to sleep but the new show runner brought it back to life. David and Dan are the ones who got bored and wanted to do something else. The new project they are working on doesn’t sound like a winner. And has gotten negative press.

by Anonymousreply 238April 23, 2019 12:48 AM

For the poster upthread who is wounded that a clear majority of GOT viewers don't see Arya/Maisie as an adult sexual being - deal with it. No one gives a fuck about Maisie's self esteem - we are just responding to what is on screen.

by Anonymousreply 239April 23, 2019 12:49 AM

My impression is that far more than 8 years have occurred over 8 seasons. Which must have taken 12 years to broadcast, anyway. Think of all the travel they did, up and down the continent, across seas, etc. In addition, I think we’re not supposed to be too rigorous in thinking about the passage of time.

by Anonymousreply 240April 23, 2019 1:20 AM

It looked like Arya was wearing a body suit to me. Anybody else?

by Anonymousreply 241April 23, 2019 1:20 AM

R231, tell him to crawl back to Flea Bottom!

by Anonymousreply 242April 23, 2019 1:22 AM

[quote] Such a [bold]literal[/bold] cunt.

That word, I think you do not know what it means.

by Anonymousreply 243April 23, 2019 1:27 AM

Gilly’s gained a few pounds.

by Anonymousreply 244April 23, 2019 1:27 AM

Two things: whoever in charge of eyebrows this season has quite a heavy hand. No one is escaping it. And the actress playing Gilly is obviously pregnant.

I thought the ep could have had better dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 245April 23, 2019 1:37 AM

[quote]It looked like Arya was wearing a body suit to me. Anybody else?

I just watched it again, and yes, for an instant you can see that there's something covering her breasts that goes down a few inches and runs straight across. It looks like they hid the edge with a scar.

by Anonymousreply 246April 23, 2019 1:51 AM

Podrick actor has porked out - not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 247April 23, 2019 2:35 AM

[quote]And the actress playing Gilly is obviously pregnant.

If she was pregnant during filming she hasn't lost the baby weight because she did the press tour for this season and she is still big. So either it's post partum weight or she just gained weight.

by Anonymousreply 248April 23, 2019 2:58 AM

[quote] I'm just saying that it's been dragging for some time now and many people noticed that it did. Had the creators continued to be more "enthusiastic" about the show, people would've wanted it to continue. It could've gone on longer with attention paid to places/people that/who didn't get enough airtime, so people didn't really care - like Dorne.

You’re not allowed to have that opinion. You’re not one of the experts. The resident Datalounge experts will put you in your place. You want explosions and rape. You can’t find the beauty in songs, knighting; people; arguing about whether or not someone is going to fight; arguing about who’s going to have the most power after the zombie invasion, for the 67th time.

You should just be quiet and let the experts lecture you about the show......about what it means, who the characters are, what the showrunners are doing and how it’s all just fine and you’re stoopid

by Anonymousreply 249April 23, 2019 3:16 AM

Jon is no political threat to Danerys!

Sure, he has a bloodline claim, but Danerys snickered when she heard it because the only two people who are making the claim are "Your brother and your best friend", one of whom is assumed to be crazy and the other of whom is known to have a grudge against Danerys. And it's not like having the right birth automatically gets you the crown, Viserys had the same claim, he was the eldest surviving male heir and everybody knew it, and look where it got him. Jon is in an even weaker position than Danerys, his claim to the throne is new and has no evidence backing it up, and even Viserys had a few powerful supporters backing his claim. Jon doesn't have anyone, including himself.

Danerys's claim to the throne is considered fairly valid not because of her bloodline, but because of her dragons, Unsullied, and Dothraki, and her history of conquering the Bay of Dragons. That's why her claim is being treated as something to be taken seriously, while Viserys's was not, and Jon's wouldn't be if they try to be at all realistic.

by Anonymousreply 250April 23, 2019 4:14 AM

Jon didn't even want to be King of the North. He would be even less enthusiastic about being King of the Seven Kingdoms.

by Anonymousreply 251April 23, 2019 6:06 AM

All this talk about Ned Stark being a good and honourable man yet he completely failed to instil in Jon some RESPONSIBILITY.

by Anonymousreply 252April 23, 2019 6:11 AM

Lady Mormont, head of House Mormont of Bear Island, is clearly the only person qualified to rule the Seven Kingdoms.

by Anonymousreply 253April 23, 2019 6:11 AM

Well to be fair r253, he's raising someone else's kid as his own bastard.

by Anonymousreply 254April 23, 2019 6:19 AM

r254 should be for r252

by Anonymousreply 255April 23, 2019 6:20 AM

Nor pussy-whipped Robb, r252

by Anonymousreply 256April 23, 2019 6:56 AM

Way up ahead we were talking about Sansa filming at different times due to her Xmasn movie. Someone posted when filming ended and GOT started. Maybe they filmed some things just in case they didn’t know when production would end for sure and there is always reshoots.

I don’t ever remember showrunners ever complain about doing a show was hard. I wonder if the truth is they ran out of Martin’s material and knew what they were doing wasn’t very good.

Gilly, Sam and the baby can’t die. They are the nicest characters. Oh oh. Wait a minute. Sam is based on George.

I don’t understand the locations. Census lives somewhere else so she is safe right ?

by Anonymousreply 257April 23, 2019 9:32 AM

X-Men

by Anonymousreply 258April 23, 2019 9:32 AM

Censa

by Anonymousreply 259April 23, 2019 9:33 AM

Don’t forget about diversity. No blacks will die.

by Anonymousreply 260April 23, 2019 9:56 AM

[quote]Viserys had the same claim, he was the eldest surviving male heir and everybody knew it, and look where it got him.

To be fair, he not only married his sister off to Khal Drago against her will, and then told her that he would let 40,000 men rape her if it would get him his throne (because he thought of her as his property), he also beat her & continued to piss Dany and Khal off to the point where Daenerys gave Khal Drago permission to kill him.

She actually loves Jon.

by Anonymousreply 261April 23, 2019 10:52 AM

You fail to grasp my point, R261. Everyone in the world knew that Viserys had a valid claim to be the rightful king of Westeros, that he was the eldest surviving son of Mad King Aerys…. and that a well-known and valid claim wasn't enough to make him king, or to bring him any popular support. The public and powerful nobles were perfectly happy to keep Robert around and deny the rightful claims of blood and inheritance... and Viserys's claim to the throne was much stronger than Jon's. Because everybody knew that Viserys actually was a Targaryan, and Jon's claim is based on the word of two people who aren't going to be widely trusted.

In terms of real-world politics (or realistic-world politics), Jon's claim to the throne would be as valid as mine, if I yelled "Me too, I'm a Targaryan". He doesn't have powerful people who want him to be king backing his claim, and won't unless Dany marries him. And powerful people backing your claim is what really matters.

by Anonymousreply 262April 23, 2019 12:19 PM

The fact Jon was able to ride a dragon by himself is more valid prove, but the show took that fact very lightly. In the books, Not only the talgaryen can ride dragons, but they can only ride 1 in theirs lifetime, Dany only ride Drogon, Rhaegar, in theory, respond to Jon now. But they show us Dany telling Jon to mount Rhaegar for a joy ride like that was nothing important, they lost the opportunity to tell us how special was that moment for the story mythology.

by Anonymousreply 263April 23, 2019 12:38 PM

The dragon ride was the worst handled thing the show ever did—next to Dorne.

by Anonymousreply 264April 23, 2019 2:35 PM

[quote] But they show us Dany telling Jon to mount Rhaegar for a joy ride like that was nothing important, they lost the opportunity to tell us how special was that moment for the story mythology.

I agree, his ability to ride meant nothing to me about his family origins, at least the way it was presented in the show. But I watched the aftershow conversation with David and Dan, and they apparently thought they covered that point well. They said outright that his ability to ride was a huge clue to his Targaryan roots and that it should have been a clue for Dany as well. I never would have gotten that from the show itself.

by Anonymousreply 265April 23, 2019 2:51 PM

If it's a huge clue, why doesn't Dany realise it in the crypt scene when she doubts Jon's story? She's like, your friend and your crazy brother told you this?

by Anonymousreply 266April 23, 2019 3:03 PM

[Quote]The public and powerful nobles were perfectly happy to keep Robert around and deny the rightful claims of blood and inheritance... and Viserys's claim to the throne was much stronger than Jon's

While I get your point, to be book nerdy for a second, not everyone abandoned Viserys. Prince Doran of Dorne had planned for Viserys to marry his daughter and to have Dorne support his claim for the throne. Not that this was covered in the show, but he did have some support.

by Anonymousreply 267April 23, 2019 3:04 PM

Dany had about three seconds to take on this news before the scene ended r266, given time she will no doubt think about things. Jon's first gut reaction was to struggle to believe it also, his first words was why would Ned lie to him.

by Anonymousreply 268April 23, 2019 3:09 PM

[quote]Jon's claim to the throne would be as valid as mine, if I yelled "Me too, I'm a Targaryan"

Do you have a Three-eyed Raven?

by Anonymousreply 269April 23, 2019 3:26 PM

[quote]In terms of real-world politics (or realistic-world politics), Jon's claim to the throne would be as valid as mine, if I yelled "Me too, I'm a Targaryan". He doesn't have powerful people who want him to be king backing his claim, and won't unless Dany marries him. And powerful people backing your claim is what really matters.

The only support Dany has is brute force (her dragons and her army). She has no popular support in the North and doesn't seem to be interested in cultivating it. Where else in Westeros does Dany have the support of the people? If her army and/or dragons are destroyed in the upcoming battle, she won't even have that. While Jon has the love of at least the Northerners, and can probably bring the Lannisters to his side if it came to it. That's why it's been shown just how shitty a politician Dany is. Not to say Jon is brilliant either, but he knows how to lead and how to win over hearts and minds in a way Dany does not.

by Anonymousreply 270April 23, 2019 3:46 PM

[quote]The 10.29 million people is the fourth-largest initial audience in the show's history, behind the season seven finale (12.07 million), the final-season premiere and season seven's fifth episode (10.72 million).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 23, 2019 3:56 PM

[quote]Not to say Jon is brilliant either, but he knows how to lead and how to win over hearts and minds in a way Dany does not.

Yeah, but the people who let him lead them seem to wind up dead in short order. That huge Wildling Army that doesn't seem to exist anymore comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 272April 23, 2019 4:13 PM

[quote]Danerys's claim to the throne is considered fairly valid not because of her bloodline, but because of her dragons, Unsullied, and Dothraki, and her history of conquering the Bay of Dragons. That's why her claim is being treated as something to be taken seriously, while Viserys's was not, and Jon's wouldn't be if they try to be at all realistic.

My point was that Viserys wasn't taken seriously because Viserys was an asshole. He certainly wasn't taken seriously by the Dothraki.

You're naming all of these deeds that she did that contributed to her being who she is in addition to her bloodline. He couldn't even handle the very few tasks that he actually had while he was alive.

Furthermore, Dany is more likely to listen to Jon's claim because he's Jon, her lover and not the guy who threatened to let men rape her!

She wasn't thinking about kinslaying when she gave the okay to Drago to kill Viserys and she did so because she hated him and that moved her up.

She knew what would happen.

[quote]The public and powerful nobles were perfectly happy to keep Robert around and deny the rightful claims of blood and inheritance... and Viserys's claim to the throne was much stronger than Jon's. Because everybody knew that Viserys actually was a Targaryan, and Jon's claim is based on the word of two people who aren't going to be widely trusted. In terms of real-world politics (or realistic-world politics), Jon's claim to the throne would be as valid as mine, if I yelled "Me too, I'm a Targaryan". He doesn't have powerful people who want him to be king backing his claim, and won't unless Dany marries him. And powerful people backing your claim is what really matters.

1. We've gotten no evidence that anyone actually thinks Bran is crazy. They all seem to be listening to him.

2. There was an actual written record of the marriage of Jon's parents. So saying there's, "no evidence" isn't accurate.

3. You do realize that the show has made it clear multiple times that the reason why the North is even following Dany is because they're following Jon. So, yes, he does have quite a lot of support there.

You yelling, "I'm a Targaryen!" won't do anything to sway The Knights of the Vale. They have no clue who you are. They've never fought with you. No house in the North cares who you are. Jon has that while Dany only has the support of the people who she brought with her!

by Anonymousreply 273April 23, 2019 4:29 PM

None of the various huge armies seem to exist anymore. I suppose we’ll see them as CGIs next week, but the first two episodes did not give me a sense of Dothraki horde, Unsullied legion, Wildling nation, or Northern army. And what did the legions of the Vale do? All we saw is a few tents

by Anonymousreply 274April 23, 2019 5:05 PM

Almost everyone of them looks like they have aged 20 years or gained 20 pounds. Or both. Sansa has butterface. Tyrion looks ruffff. Jamie looks like a homeless beggar. Sam is losing his hair. Or just stopped combing it like one of the Dumb and Dumber bros. Pod is almost unrecognizable but he actually looks better since he looks like a man now and carries himself well. Swordsman extraordinaire in and out of bed? Loved the look of pride on Brienne’s face watching him wield that sword like a boss. Khaleesi looks pregnant in that coat. So does Gilly. Theon, Tormond, and Gendry look the same or better. Ser Bravos never changes. I think Jorah gets sexier as time goes by. See. There’s hope for all you eldergays;)

by Anonymousreply 275April 23, 2019 5:25 PM

[Quote]we've gotten no evidence that anyone actually thinks Bran is crazy. They all seem to be listening to him.

Yeah it's almost unusual how much people have accepted Bran as he is, but he was part of the War Council and as soon as he spoke people listened and changed their plans around him

It seems off screen all the players in the North have accepted that Bran really is wise being he says he is.

by Anonymousreply 276April 23, 2019 5:29 PM

[quote]2. There was an actual written record of the marriage of Jon's parents. So saying there's, "no evidence" isn't accurate.

OK, let's talk about that. The only proof is in the book Sam stole. Now, that was the first thing out of Dany's mouth, and Sam has mentioned stealing those damned books about every 15 minutes this season. They've beaten us over the head about those books the first two episodes and there has to be a reason.

I suspect that Sam dies or disappears, and/or the book is destroyed in the next episode--either way by the time the credits roll on episode 3 Jon won't have any proof he's not Stark's bastard son.

by Anonymousreply 277April 23, 2019 5:29 PM

The thing is, a lack of popular support is a valid criticism. And she hasn't done anything to earn support. Davos pointed that out to Tyrion and Varys, when he suggested they marry.

Plus she is haughty and entitled. She and Sansa were having that conversation when the Maester interrupted them and Dany turns and rudely said, "YES?" dripping with contempt. It's a style thing as much as anything. Sansa is assertive, but she doesn't have that air about her of looking down on people. Dany is becoming obsessed with her "position."

by Anonymousreply 278April 23, 2019 6:30 PM

Jon was raised as king being a bastard, I don't think he needs a strong claim to get people to follow him, plus he is probably GoT jesus.

by Anonymousreply 279April 23, 2019 6:30 PM

[quote]You're a fucking low-brow idiot and should crawl back into your fucking whole, you worthless piece of shit.

At least I can spell "hole", R231.

by Anonymousreply 280April 23, 2019 6:38 PM

r275, if a winter lasts 3 years to a decade, and the prospect of imminent winter of an indeterminate time looms, everyone would fatten up.

During that dragon ride, I kept on hearing this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281April 23, 2019 6:50 PM

Sansa also listens. When Brienne spoke up for Jaime, Sansa took her seriously and gave him a chance because she trusted Brienne. When Daenerys went to see Sansa, I think she was sort of her feeling her out and trying to appeal to her as another young woman. Loved that Sansa held her ground.

by Anonymousreply 282April 23, 2019 7:22 PM

Arya's comment that she thought Sansa was the smartest woman she'd ever met made me guffaw. The whole story turns on how clueless she's been.

by Anonymousreply 283April 23, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote]Sansa also listens. When Brienne spoke up for Jaime, Sansa took her seriously and gave him a chance because she trusted Brienne.

That scene shows once again how clueless Dany is about the North. Her king dad whom she was whining about Jaime killing was the same guy who burned alive the former lord of the very castle she is currently sitting in, along with his eldest son. I understand them not bringing up Rickard and Brandyn Stark for plot economy but jesus Dany way to remind everyone about what your mad dad did to the North.

by Anonymousreply 284April 23, 2019 8:02 PM

Did the Northerners know the Three Eyed Raven existed before Bran said he was it? Did they know there was a guy out there who knew everything?

by Anonymousreply 285April 23, 2019 8:58 PM

Not really r285. Bran is a greenseer, which the most people know about is an old myth that doesn't exist in the world anymore.

In the books at least, this what Maester Luwin said to Bran about it in the first book.

[Quote]The children are gone from the world, and their wisdom with them. It had to do with the faces in the trees, we think. The First Men believed that the greenseers could see through the eyes of the weirwoods. That was why they cut down the trees whenever they warred upon the children. Supposedly the greenseers also had the power over the beasts of the wood and the birds in the trees. Even fish.

The "three eyed raven" (known as the three eyed crow in the books) was living in secret with the children of the forest as the last greenseer before Bran came along.

by Anonymousreply 286April 23, 2019 9:39 PM

[quote]Arya's comment that she thought Sansa was the smartest woman she'd ever met made me guffaw. The whole story turns on how clueless she's been.

They're trying to go 'woke.'

by Anonymousreply 287April 23, 2019 9:54 PM

Zzzzz get to the culling already. Preferably a Lannister (won't happen). One of those 3 should have died ages ago.

Cersei still being a big bad is absolutely ridiculous given how completely retarded she's been since Season 4.

Tyrion being thought of as smart or clever is so overstated and should have been out the door the moment he talked Dany out of nuking King's Landing resulting in Dany losing Dorne and Iron Fleet. Then they lost the Reach because of his obsession with getting Casterly Rock, but of course the demise of the Tyrells was the dumbest plot hand-wave in this entire series so who can fault that. Jamie should have been crispy bacon in that scene, though.

The Lannisters being a threat since S5 has really just killed half the show, and the Night King plot can't drag that dead weight along by its lonesome.

by Anonymousreply 288April 23, 2019 10:07 PM

R284 it’s probably pointless to ask this question since all hell is breaking loose, but how do you (or anyone here) think the North would react to the news of Jon’s parentage? Would his Stark blood/upbringing trump their distrust of the Targaryens? I never read the books —maybe there are hints in there?

by Anonymousreply 289April 24, 2019 12:30 AM

All this way in and no talk about how Jaime is basically throwing up his hands for the plans to kill Cerscei + his own unborn kid? After pussing out last season Euron Greyjoy shows up mysteriously to, "put a baby in her belly," but didn't she only fuck Jaime? There's already a bun in the oven. In this episode Jaime and Tyrion both spoke about how they'd been lied to by Cercei. Maybe the baby is a MacGuffin? Dunno.

by Anonymousreply 290April 24, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote]All this way in and no talk about how Jaime is basically throwing up his hands for the plans to kill Cerscei + his own unborn kid?

He has three dead kids. What's one more?

[quote]After pussing out last season Euron Greyjoy shows up mysteriously to, "put a baby in her belly," but didn't she only fuck Jaime?

That was a ruse. Cersei explained it to Jaime after the fact. Euron was going to get his ships. That's when Jaime finally realized Cersei didn't care to help fight in the war against the White Walker so he left her. Also, knowing that at any moment she'd sic FrankenMountain on him also help make his decision to leave her side.

[quote]There's already a bun in the oven.

Euron doesn't know that. The only people who know are the Lannisters and Maester Quyburn.

[quote] In this episode Jaime and Tyrion both spoke about how they'd been lied to by Cercei. Maybe the baby is a MacGuffin? Dunno.

She lied about helping Dany and Jon.  There are people who think she isn't pregnant. Cersei will do and say whatever she needs to get what she wants, but I believe she's pregnant. There's no need for her to lie about that in order to trap Jaime. She never figured Jaime would ever turn his back on her.

by Anonymousreply 291April 24, 2019 1:05 AM

Don’t know what a MacGuffin is but is it possible it was a false pregnancy because she IS batshit crazy and she saw a way to make it true with Greyjoy? Didn’t Jaimie say that Cersei knows how to tell a lie using the truth?

by Anonymousreply 292April 24, 2019 1:06 AM

I can't wait until next week episode. Though, I know it will crush me.

by Anonymousreply 293April 24, 2019 1:13 AM

Good point about Cersei and the pregnancy, r291. You convinced me. So, she can say that the baby is a Greyjoy and Euron will happily agree because he will believe it to be true. But that will only matter if she survives to see it to term.

by Anonymousreply 294April 24, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]Jon was raised as king being a bastard, I don't think he needs a strong claim to get people to follow him, plus he is probably GoT jesus.

He was already elected their King once, even as a "bastard." However, as they mentioned, they would have rather of had Sansa if it was possible.

[quote]Yeah it's almost unusual how much people have accepted Bran as he is, but he was part of the War Council and as soon as he spoke people listened and changed their plans around him

Exactly. He said the Night King was coming for him and that he has his mark. No one asked for the story. They just all agreed to protect him. The end.

by Anonymousreply 295April 24, 2019 1:35 AM

[quote] Cersei still being a big bad is absolutely ridiculous given how completely [bold]retarded[/bold] she's been since Season 4.

Would you please not use that word? It's hurtful.

We would prefer if you used the term "mongoloid" instead.

by Anonymousreply 296April 24, 2019 1:46 AM

Winterfell is ridiculously small. There’s only a courtyard, a crypt and the corner of a cgi tower seen in the background

by Anonymousreply 297April 24, 2019 2:04 AM

One thing that was obvious about Dany is that she seems oblivious to the history and relationships of various people. I got the impression she was trying to ingratiate herself with Sansa and play her, overlooking or unaware that Sansa has had some very remarkable life experiences of her own. She registered such shock when Sansa and Theon embraced, maybe she finally realized she's an outsider. Then there was the vicious attack on Jaime for killing her father, yet telling Sam she killed his and expecting him to "understand." Day is unlikeable. She was dealing with different people in Mereen and Qarth.

by Anonymousreply 298April 24, 2019 2:42 AM

Did you notice in the scene where the Hound, Beric and Arya are sitting together, the actor playing the Hound has hardly any of his burn makeup on. His face looks normal.

by Anonymousreply 299April 24, 2019 2:43 AM

Making Dany suddenly this power hungry person driven to have the Iron Throne above all else is as cheap as making Tyrion a suddenly confused person who trusts Cersei.

by Anonymousreply 300April 24, 2019 2:46 AM

Cersei is definitely pregnant, the writers have said so.

Re Dany, people who have read the books (not me) have said that Dany has a lot of interior monologues in which she is much more uncertain and questioning her leadership skills. We did leave the books behind awhile back though.

by Anonymousreply 301April 24, 2019 2:52 AM

I miss some Robb Stark hotness.

He and Jaimie would have made a great Datalounge couple.

by Anonymousreply 302April 24, 2019 2:54 AM

Jaime adores Brienne and he cares about her, but I really don't get any sexual vibe there. She is important to him,and in a way he's chosen to be with her during this major, end of the world shitstorm. I feel bad for hm. He can't find the words to say either to Tyrion or to Brienne "My sister tried to kill me. So here I am."

by Anonymousreply 303April 24, 2019 2:58 AM

Jaime considers Brienne to be his soul sister

by Anonymousreply 304April 24, 2019 3:02 AM

I feel bad about Meera Reed.She drags Bran's sorry ass all over Hell, and then leaves Winterfell to be with her family? Her family needs to be at Winterfell with everyone else. It's a big plothole as far as I'm concerned. Meera should have been standing around that table with everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 305April 24, 2019 3:03 AM

R300- I’d like to think that Tyrion believed Cersei because he wanted to believe she has a tiny sliver of goodness in her, even though we all know she doesn’t. I’d like to think it’s one of those family things ‘She lies to me all the time, but she won’t lie THIS time’.

by Anonymousreply 306April 24, 2019 3:08 AM

R305, it was a messed up moment they wrote into the show to show how Bran had "changed."

She was really asking Bran for a reason to stay.

But they really do just act like she never existed at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307April 24, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote] I’d like to think that Tyrion believed Cersei because he wanted to believe she has a tiny sliver of goodness in her, even though we all know she doesn’t.

She did, but it died with her children. They were the only people to whom she was ever good; and even then, she was directly responsible for Tommen's death.

by Anonymousreply 308April 24, 2019 3:15 AM

"My point was that Viserys wasn't taken seriously because Viserys was an asshole. "

Visery's claim to the throne wasn't taken seriously because nobody in power had anything to gain by putting him on the throne. Or rather, only a few people had anything to gain, and they were so few in number that Robert didn't feel threatened enough to have Viserys assassinated.

Nobody at all has anything to gain by trying to put Jon Snow on the throne, not even Jon Snow. So really, his birthright claim to the throne makes no political difference to anybody, except that it gives Danerys another reason to marry him.

by Anonymousreply 309April 24, 2019 3:18 AM

I thought Tyrion believed Cersei because anyone with half a brain could see that the coming plague of zombies and whitewalkers would be unsurvivable and if the North fails, there will be that many more coming . Tyrion doesn't think Cersei is stupid, that's why he was inclined to believe her.

She's now relying on a very unreliable guy to help her defend KL so she is just that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 310April 24, 2019 3:20 AM

People were saying Meera was in the first episode, standing in the keep or something, no lines. I didn't notice but then I didn't notice Brienne either. If she's not at Winterfell, we might see her as a zombie.

by Anonymousreply 311April 24, 2019 3:25 AM

Jaime loves Brienne but Brienne is IN love with Jaime. When Jaime looks at her now it is with great regret and shame for the way he treated her. Knowing that he must have caused her so much emotional pain despite her stoic demeanor. Making fun of her looks, her womanhood, her skills as a fighter, and her loyalty and integrity. If she wasn’t six feet tall she would still be the tallest among them. Brienne vouching for him was humbling and also a great honor. Making her a Knight was his way of letting her know that and also how much he cares for her.

by Anonymousreply 312April 24, 2019 3:36 AM

I think the Hound loves Arya. Not romantic love but a fatherly love. He had some of the best laugh lines in the episode. “Was he on your list?” I have watched the episode several times now and I still laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 313April 24, 2019 3:42 AM

[quote]She registered such shock when Sansa and Theon embraced, maybe she finally realized she's an outsider.

To me the reaction was because the idea of someone selflessly pledging fealty is a foreign concept to her. With the exception of Jorah and Jon Dany has had to barter or threaten to get people to side with her. The idea that Theon left his sister behind to fight for the Starks out of love for the family and sense of duty seems shocking to her.

by Anonymousreply 314April 24, 2019 4:18 AM

[quote] I think the Hound loves Arya. Not romantic love but a fatherly love. He had some of the best laugh lines in the episode. “Was he on your list?” I have watched the episode several times now and I still laugh out loud

If you watch it again, notice the hound’s face. No scars

by Anonymousreply 315April 24, 2019 4:25 AM

I'd fuck any of the three guys, probably.

But I'm a whore...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316April 24, 2019 4:26 AM

R315 it was probably so dark the scars weren't readily visible.

by Anonymousreply 317April 24, 2019 4:27 AM

R315–what is your theory—they forgot?

by Anonymousreply 318April 24, 2019 4:37 AM

The two actors playing Jaime and Brienne seem to think it’s a romantic love. Whether it plays that way, mileage varies.

In the books, Jaime gets hard when he sees her naked and Martin has made it clear their pairing a role (and gender) reversed Beauty and the Beast. Brienne ins even mockingly nicknamed “Brienne the Beauty”.

Dany has always been one of the weaker written and performanced characters on the show. They haven’t done her any favors by being inconsistent, but she’s really lacking next to some the other leads.

by Anonymousreply 319April 24, 2019 4:37 AM

Yeah r313 I thought the Hound had a soft spot for both Stark girls. I'm surprised there wasn't a reunion between Sansa and him. Or was there and I missed it?

I'd be worried for him next episode, but I really think he'll stay alive to fight The Mountain later. And then probably die.

by Anonymousreply 320April 24, 2019 4:57 AM

I had to watch the episode on my iPad because it was so dark on my t.v that I could barely see the actors in some of the early scenes. So I think the lighting is why his scars look diminished. He had such a placid look on his face. He knows his chances of surviving this war is slim to none so he’s made peace with it. Arya’s bravado and Bendic’s lord of the light nonsense isn’t going to save them this time around and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 321April 24, 2019 8:57 AM

"Yeah [R313] I thought the Hound had a soft spot for both Stark girls. "

He had more of a hard spot for Sansa, back in King's Landing, but that isn't going to be followed up on now. Sansa's a chilly bitch these days and while I love her the Hound wouldn't, and she wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot battleaxe.

As for the Hound and Arya, some idiots seem to think that they were best road-trip pals back in the day and potential romantic partners now, because they've forgotten that the Hound held her against her will and abused her. And that Arya tried to kill him for real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 24, 2019 10:25 AM

R322 it would be fairer to say The Hound and Arya have a respect for each other.

by Anonymousreply 323April 24, 2019 10:29 AM

So this is a weird article. Anyone else feel the same about battle scenes as this author?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 24, 2019 11:46 AM

So many stories, I'm afraid most of them are going to solve just with the death of the character. My favorite characters are those who changed the most and those who learned from their enemies as much as from their loved ones. This episode was very heart warming and I know I'm gonna miss it, but, like they say in Westeros, Valar Morghulis, all men must die.

by Anonymousreply 325April 24, 2019 11:47 AM

I bet we see both Meera and Hodor as zombies.

by Anonymousreply 326April 24, 2019 12:13 PM

Where did Meera go last season? Did she just leave Winterfell? She could be halfway to her home by now and in no danger. Ain't no one getting past Howland, dead or alive. On the other hand... I kinda want to see zombie crocodiles and alligators.

by Anonymousreply 327April 24, 2019 12:19 PM

Wasn't Meera and her people supposed to be rather magical themselves?

by Anonymousreply 328April 24, 2019 12:23 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 329April 24, 2019 12:28 PM

r328 Yes, the crannogmen might have that swamp magic going on. Very mysterious folk; I wish Martin had written more about them. Even more so than the Dornishmen, they seem to be sitting this conflict out completely. Apart from the Bran intervention, that is. Howland basically sacrificed his only son there.

by Anonymousreply 330April 24, 2019 12:30 PM

*Which is totally karma for stabbing Arthur Dayne in the back, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 331April 24, 2019 12:31 PM

Yes r328, the crannogmen were close to the children of the forest in the old days and it is rumored their small size is due to interbreeding with the the children.

Meera and Jogen's father Howland is probably a warg/skinchanger.

by Anonymousreply 332April 24, 2019 12:34 PM

[quote]So this is a weird article.

It’s Vox, so it’s woke clickbait nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 333April 24, 2019 12:39 PM

R322 I'm not so sure, I think Hound would like that Sansa isn't the same naive little girl he knew in KL. Wasn't he always on her case about her belief in fairy tales and knights and princes and things? She's more hardened now, and smarter about the world, and knows it can be a real shitty place.

by Anonymousreply 334April 24, 2019 3:06 PM

So Rhaegal is definitely a goner next episode, right? And Drogon will die dramatically either in the last or in the penultimate episode? I kid you not, those are the events that are going to destroy me the most.

by Anonymousreply 335April 24, 2019 3:15 PM

R324 she's crazy, the Battle of a Helms Deep was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 336April 24, 2019 3:15 PM

Ghost is going to be a sad one for me

by Anonymousreply 337April 24, 2019 3:17 PM

r336 I remember watching it in the theatre as a kid, wondering why they're showing us all this hopelessness. And then Gandalf showed up and I suddenly understood how storytelling works. Imagine not getting that.

r337 Oh my god, Ghost! I was thinking about the dragons so much, I completely forgot about the wolves. Well, [italic]the[/italic] wolf. I'll never get the scenes of the other ones dying out of my head.

by Anonymousreply 338April 24, 2019 3:19 PM

R2 is Arya Stark.

by Anonymousreply 339April 24, 2019 3:24 PM

Maybe Nymeria will show up with her wolf friends and help out. Though, can wights be killed by wolves? Maybe if they take their heads off, but they probably won't be super effective,

And we know that cgi for Ghost is expensive, so I'll not get my hopes up the HBO found it in the budget to add a bunch more wolves. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 340April 24, 2019 4:14 PM

Do people know. about Arya's killing spree? She takes out the entire Frey clan and no one stops to wonder who did it? You would think that someone like the Hound would connect the dots, but apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 341April 24, 2019 4:20 PM

I would like to see Wight Hodor, then Ghost killing Wight Hodor, but the Night King turning Ghost into a wight, and then Jon killing Wight Ghost. Finis

by Anonymousreply 342April 24, 2019 4:21 PM

R306 Which makes him truly stupid. She's wanted him to die since he was born. Did he think that would change because someone was renting her uterus?

by Anonymousreply 343April 24, 2019 4:26 PM

R314 I think she was shocked that a Stark would embrace the Greyjoy that helped to tear her family apart: taking Winterfell, killing Rodrick Cassel, sending Bran and Rickon on the run, events which then led to the Boltons taking WF and eventually to the death of Rickon.

by Anonymousreply 344April 24, 2019 4:31 PM

I think it is was simply a way to reinforce for Dany that she is an outsider. She had no idea the bond between Theon and Sansa, she assumed Theon must have came for her but he has far more love for Sansa than he does to her. These characters have years of history before she decided to fly over from the Narrow Sea.

by Anonymousreply 345April 24, 2019 4:36 PM

I want to see a three tiered punch on the Night King. Bran wargs into his dragon and shakes him off onto the ground, Arya uses a Wight face to approach and stab the fuck out of him. The wolves tear him to pieces.

by Anonymousreply 346April 24, 2019 4:39 PM

[quote] [R315]–what is your theory—they forgot?

Trying to humanize him by making him less ugly

by Anonymousreply 347April 24, 2019 4:51 PM

I like the way you think, r346. But the kicker will be the Night King is really future Bran.

by Anonymousreply 348April 24, 2019 4:53 PM

I had an odd thought. If Cersie actually gives birth, then the bulk of Night King's army of the dead might be heading to Essos. Somewhere like Bravos would have zero preperation when it comes to zombies and undead ice breathing dragons.

Well, it's one way to cancel all the debts.

by Anonymousreply 349April 24, 2019 4:54 PM

The Hound = Cheyenne

Arya = Harmonica

Night King = Mr Choo Choo or Frank?

by Anonymousreply 350April 24, 2019 4:57 PM

Is Rickon really dead?

by Anonymousreply 351April 24, 2019 5:07 PM

Dead and probably buried in the Winterfell crypts.

by Anonymousreply 352April 24, 2019 5:10 PM

R351 Yes, he was shot dead with arrows by Ramsay Bolton. Creepy scene

by Anonymousreply 353April 24, 2019 5:10 PM

Meera Reed's father, Howland Reed, the guy who stabbed Arthur Dayne in the back, is the living witness to Jon's birth and Ned's deception. So there is that.

by Anonymousreply 354April 24, 2019 6:26 PM

r354 Thank you for that bit of info. Now excuse me while I go telepathically instruct my dragons to burn those damn marshlands to a crisp and return in time for the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 355April 24, 2019 6:37 PM

Is Ghost really more expensive to render than dragons? whitewalkers? Zombies?? Although those could be real people in zombie makeup, I haven't looked closely.

by Anonymousreply 356April 24, 2019 7:30 PM

Mmm, Arthur Dayne. Too bad he wasn't a reoccurring character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357April 24, 2019 7:38 PM

r356, the wights/NK are practical makeups with some CGI enhancement. I think dragons are easier to animate because we've never seen an actual dragon, so we can accept whatever they give us. We know what wolves/dogs look like, so to get them to look and move realistically (not to mention their fur, which is incredibly hard for CGI) takes a lot of time and money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358April 24, 2019 7:45 PM

Is it White or Wight walker?

by Anonymousreply 359April 24, 2019 7:58 PM

White walker

by Anonymousreply 360April 24, 2019 8:03 PM

Game of Thrones has to get wolf trainers to train wolves do the scene, fly the crew to Canada to film what you need and then CGI it into the scene and make it all direwolfy.

It's a lot of work, both because of the extra production cost and because as someone said it iz easier to make dragons look real than a real creature like a wolf.

by Anonymousreply 361April 24, 2019 8:18 PM

Just watched this episode a second time. It really is quite moving.

by Anonymousreply 362April 24, 2019 8:55 PM

I've watched it four times so far. I'm trying to resist the temptation to watch it again....and I know I will before the next episode on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 363April 24, 2019 9:02 PM

Thanks for letting us know, R362.

by Anonymousreply 364April 24, 2019 9:02 PM

Thanks for the CGI info. I had no idea they were using actual wolves. I thought they were Siberian Huskies or some other wolf-like dog and green-screened to look bigger.

by Anonymousreply 365April 24, 2019 9:23 PM

What SHOULD have happened this season:

Bran and Sam tell everyone, in the hall, about Jon's true parentage and that he's the real heir to the Iron Throne. To prove the claim, Jon is accepted by his dragon and masters him expertly. Dany is forced to bend the knee to the true ruler of the Seven Kingdoms.

The Hound roughs Arya up when meeting her, forcing her to run crying to Gendry for comfort and protection, who fucks her like a smith god, with the camera pointing directly at his muscular ass.

Jamie puts Brienne in line and takes command of her pussy.

Theon dodges his sister's headbutt and hits her where it hurts.

Tyrion rolls his eyes at Sansa's attempts at being more clever than him and just waits it out until her assured demise.

Varys is actually used and has lines.

Instead they have turned this season into a veritable cunt fest.

by Anonymousreply 366April 24, 2019 9:28 PM

R366 really hates women.

by Anonymousreply 367April 24, 2019 9:30 PM

You know, after watching it a second time, I've concluded that Gendry was hitting on Arya and she just skipped a few steps. She was alone practicing with her bow and arrows in what looked like an empty storeroom. He shows up, brings her the weapon she asked for, and starts talking all personal, like, " You wanted me to come with you to Winterfell. It took longer but I'm here..." and she was like, yeah well....time to get busy.

by Anonymousreply 368April 24, 2019 9:32 PM

Cogman says that his prequel - one of the five spinoffs originally pitched - is not happening, so he's done with Westeros and moving to Amazon after this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369April 24, 2019 10:18 PM

R368, Arya and Gendry were scoping each other out in several prior scenes, exchanging the insulting banter that usually means — in fiction, at least —“I want to fuck.”

by Anonymousreply 370April 24, 2019 11:10 PM

🎵 "I WANNA KNOW WHAT CUM IS!" 🎵 - Arya, on the eve of battle.

by Anonymousreply 371April 24, 2019 11:20 PM

Poor Arya. She could have had some of Podrick's magic cock.

by Anonymousreply 372April 25, 2019 12:28 AM

I think jon, dany and tyrion have a target on their back. I think brienne is a goner. Also, Drogon, dany's dragon. It's going to be a horror show.

by Anonymousreply 373April 25, 2019 12:35 AM

I would agree with r367.

r366, you sound incredibly threatened by women in charge.

by Anonymousreply 374April 25, 2019 12:36 AM

r374 And you sound scared shitless to stand up to women.

by Anonymousreply 375April 25, 2019 12:43 AM

I already had that poster on ignore apparently.

by Anonymousreply 376April 25, 2019 12:45 AM

The knighting of Brienne was one of the best scenes in the history of this show. Sadly, I think that means she's a goner.

by Anonymousreply 377April 25, 2019 12:50 AM

Do the dragons even want to fight? Maybe they don’t after seeing their brother get killed.

And what was up with the look on Drogon’s face last week as he watched Jon and Dany kiss? He did NOT look happy.

by Anonymousreply 378April 25, 2019 12:53 AM

r375: Shhh, don't worry, Mommy is no longer here to push you around any more....

by Anonymousreply 379April 25, 2019 12:53 AM

OK, I'm now officially calling this for Sansa. No less a mind than Tyrion's declared her the last one standing.

I admit to overlooking her and finding her weak. I've been a hater. I'm reformed after reviewing multiple scenes. No, Arya would never have survived what she did. She's the Queen, Sansa Snark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380April 25, 2019 12:58 AM

I honestly think the actress playing Sansa is just doing her best Cersei.

by Anonymousreply 381April 25, 2019 1:01 AM

[quote]And what was up with the look on Drogon’s face last week as he watched Jon and Dany kiss?

I thought it was to imply that he recognized Jon as a Targaryen?

by Anonymousreply 382April 25, 2019 1:02 AM

R361, I read somewhere the 'wolves' were wrangled out of Ireland. Some podcast or other interviewed the family that raises and trains them.

by Anonymousreply 383April 25, 2019 1:02 AM

They go to Calgary Canada for their wolves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384April 25, 2019 1:04 AM

R381, you mean if Cersei had actually had a heart? Cersei wanted to kill Jamie in her last good 'family' scene. Sansa embraces Theon, the man who both saved her and murdered people she loved while betraying her brother, Robb. That would never be anything Cersei would do.

Sansa is the ruler Westeros needs. Jon is walking dead, Dany and her madness for power....who else is there?

by Anonymousreply 385April 25, 2019 1:06 AM

Ghost is based on a wolf named Quigley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386April 25, 2019 1:10 AM

This is the family that did the podcast on a Youtuber's site: SmokeScreen is the Youtuber, so look it up if you get a chance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 25, 2019 1:13 AM

'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms' Is Game of Thrones' Best Episode Ever

I admit I kinda hated this episode at first but the more I look around, the more I see that those critics I follow loved it. I'm not ashamed to admit my immediate take must have been wrong in this instance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388April 25, 2019 1:48 AM

My prediction is that both Jaime, Brienne, Tyrion, and Varys survive. I think Edd and Podrick are dead men. Maybe Jorah and Grey Worm. Certainly Beric, but please don't kill The Hound or Ser Davos. Or Gendry. Don't know about Tormund. The fact that Bronn is "out there"somewhere is unnerving to me. I want them to discover his mission and kill him.

by Anonymousreply 389April 25, 2019 1:55 AM

Jorah is 100% going to die. This will be a good death for him- a valiant warrior dying in battle. Most likely protecting others.

Hound's got the Mountain to deal with. He will survive.

I will be sad if Davos dies.

by Anonymousreply 390April 25, 2019 1:59 AM

I am really worried for Jon Snow. I think Brienne is a goner. If you want to destroy this allegiance, you would attack jon snow and tyrion. From a GRRM story perspective, this really moves the pieces around. This elevates Jaime and Sansa, and they hate dany. Lots of problems and the clear allegiance destroyed. Of course, it will crush the audience and the characters too.

by Anonymousreply 391April 25, 2019 2:04 AM

It would be cool if Tormund died saving Brienne.

by Anonymousreply 392April 25, 2019 2:07 AM

These ads for HBO-Go Game of Thrones are really quite clever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 25, 2019 2:47 AM

Ouch,R393, that commercial got mean at the end.I'd have sent little miss snippy to her room with her sulky ass.

by Anonymousreply 394April 25, 2019 2:54 AM

Paul Rudd would have been amazing as Robb Stark!

by Anonymousreply 395April 25, 2019 2:58 AM

If I treated my mom like that as a teenager she would have cancelled HBO r394 just to prove her point of whose house this is.

by Anonymousreply 396April 25, 2019 3:00 AM

I have to watch this show alone. I can't stand other people talking when it's an intense show like this one. At least for the first viewing.

by Anonymousreply 397April 25, 2019 3:01 AM

[quote] My prediction is that both Jaime, Brienne, Tyrion, and Varys survive

Melisandre already said she & Varys are going to die in Westeros.

by Anonymousreply 398April 25, 2019 3:06 AM

"This elevates Jaime and Sansa, and they hate dany"

Jamie and Sansa don't hate Danerys. Jamie doesn't seem to have strong feelings about her as he's basically trying to die a hero's death at this point, and Sansa hasn't made up her mind. Of course she distrusts Danerys, but like any good Westerosian politician, she distrusts anyone who has two neurons to rub together.

Jon, she trusts.

by Anonymousreply 399April 25, 2019 3:09 AM

"My prediction is that both Jaime, Brienne, Tyrion, and Varys survive"

"Melisandre already said she & Varys are going to die in Westeros. "

But she didn't say when. Maybe she meant that Varys will die at age 100, in Westeros. But I think she said she'd die soon, but then her idea of "soon" might mean in another century.

by Anonymousreply 400April 25, 2019 3:14 AM

Jorah and Podrick will absolutely die soon. Pretty much everyone sitting around the fire will die but it’ll be spread out a bit to hurt more. There’ll be three people left and one of them had better be Lyanna Mormont (though I have a bad feeling about her).

by Anonymousreply 401April 25, 2019 4:38 AM

Sansa will survive, as she shows that she's a capable ruler. But who will be her Hand? I don't buy that there will be one person who will rule all seven kingdoms. Sam will be her Maester, because he has to be the one who tells the Song of Ice and Fire. Other than that, it's a crapshoot.

by Anonymousreply 402April 25, 2019 4:45 AM

About that R398, I think prophecies can be tricky so while Melisandre and Varys will die in Westeros, who knows when exactly that will happen.

Mel obviously will the next time she visits when she returns from Volantis (one more time) but Varys could live quite a while and then die while there.

R402, I'm in the "Sansa will survive" camp and this episode firmly established that she is what's best for the North. I agree that Sam will be Maester. I think Arya will live but fly solo, doing her own thing in various places. As for her hand: hopefully Brienne.

by Anonymousreply 403April 25, 2019 4:55 AM

Davos

by Anonymousreply 404April 25, 2019 6:05 AM

R394 That's me watching anything when visiting my parents: "Who's that? What happening?"

I'm over Lyanna Mormont. She was good in season 6, but Wise Badass Child gets old when you use it every single week.

by Anonymousreply 405April 25, 2019 6:22 AM

Daenerys will "come home" very soon. Her job in that world will be the ultimate sacrifice. She's so powerful and magical due to her bloodline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406April 25, 2019 6:25 AM

Khal Drogo and the baby need her on the other side.

by Anonymousreply 407April 25, 2019 7:37 AM

How does that dream/vision foreshadow Jon’s fate? He’s the baby with Drogo, and they’re both dead?

by Anonymousreply 408April 25, 2019 8:47 AM

I keep thinking Arya goes back to the faceless men, just because it seems like a kind of monastery and I don't see her fitting in with daily life in Win terfell after this is over.

by Anonymousreply 409April 25, 2019 9:02 AM

I just hope Arya uses her face changing skills at some point before the show ends otherwise that long and tiresome training sequence was for naught.

by Anonymousreply 410April 25, 2019 9:09 AM

Agree. The best theory I've read is Jaime dies in this battle and Arya can use his face to kill Cersei.

by Anonymousreply 411April 25, 2019 9:27 AM

All I know is I had a fucking nightmare last night after reading a bunch of stuff about predictions. Episode 3 is going to be just awful. We're going to see millions of crazy zombies march on Winterfell (!!!) and all the people we have grown to like will all be at risk. For sure many of them will die horribly and get ripped apart, and we'll see "good guys" turn into blue-eyed creatures. We can try to "get ready" for it, but it's going to be the most unsettling TV I will ever see. I don't even know, at this point, whether I'll watch it, or just wait and take in bits of it over the next week. Not knowing who dies is driving me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 412April 25, 2019 11:03 AM

R412 omg this is BRAND NEW INFORMATION

by Anonymousreply 413April 25, 2019 11:05 AM

R413, Fine. Mock me. But it's just that it's one thing to read about it, and talk about it, but entirely another when we actually watch it happen, and my anxiety level is high.

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 414April 25, 2019 11:17 AM

[quote]Agree. The best theory I've read is Jaime dies in this battle and Arya can use his face to kill Cersei.

Someone on reddit broke down why that theory doesn’t work and makes no sense.

[quote]It would be entirely anticlimactic for one of two reasons. Either: We see Jaime die and then when "he" shows up to kill Cersei we already know its Arya which takes away the dramatic reveal of it being her.

[quote]We don't see Jaime die, and are "surprised" when its Arya who kills Cersei but have missed out on seeing Jaime's death. And IF Jaime dies, I doubt they wouldn't show it. His death has been heavily discussed.

[quote]Neither of these options suit, so I refuse to believe the "Arya wearing Jaime's face" theories on Cersie's death. If either Jaime or Arya kills her, it will actually be them, not Arya wearing Jaime's face. I am still holding out hope it will be someone else entirely.

by Anonymousreply 415April 25, 2019 12:08 PM

Okay r415, that makes sense. Another reason is that it would be repeating the Frey scenario.

I'm going to watch Ep 2 again, while everyone is still alive. ((sob!))

by Anonymousreply 416April 25, 2019 12:51 PM

We haven't had a scene between Arya and Daenerys yet which is curious to me. I want to see how they would get on.

by Anonymousreply 417April 25, 2019 2:04 PM

[quote]I just hope Arya uses her face changing skills at some point before the show ends otherwise that long and tiresome training sequence was for naught.

I was hoping she would do a face change or two while he was fucking her.

by Anonymousreply 418April 25, 2019 3:36 PM

We have invested years watching these characters and I dread thinking about the ones who will die on Sunday. Just like r412. So, for those who are about to die, I salute you.

by Anonymousreply 419April 25, 2019 3:40 PM

R419 maybe in a few weeks you can try getting a life?

by Anonymousreply 420April 25, 2019 3:46 PM

I can't help but believe Arya's killing days are over. I laughed when the Hound asked her if Beric was still on her list. If you think about it, the only bad guys left are The Mountain, Qyburn, Cersei, and Euron. Now I guess you can add Bronn, too, if he goes through with his evil commission. But aside from the Night King all the people who wanted to harm her family are gone. No Freys, no Boltons, no Joffrey, no Littlefinger. Now it could be that Arya and Bran cook up something spectacular for The Night King. But I believe Bran is going to warg into him or into that dead dragon and do something on his own;. For all these years we kept hearing Meera Reed say Bran was going to save the world. Jojen Reed said no one ever has been able to warg like Bran. He's been sitting there in a wheel chair all this time, so he needs to DO something besides roll his eyes back in his head.

by Anonymousreply 421April 25, 2019 3:49 PM

Cersei would be surprised to see a 5 ft tall Jaime, wouldn’t she, if Arya used his face?

I was thinking about Meera being sort of flipped off by Bran. I wondered why couldn’t Jojen be the three eyed raven? He had more knowledge than Bran did vis a vis warging, etc. Then I thought that Jojen was a variation of Joseph and Meera was Mary with the vowels switched around. So Jojen & Meera were Joseph and Mary, bringing Bran to his Bethlehem, where he gets reborn as the Three Eyed Raven.

by Anonymousreply 422April 25, 2019 4:52 PM

Dany will die. She has to, and it will probably be Jon who kills her in self defense, after or concurrent with her two dragons dying. He will inherit the Iron Throne. All the other Starks will die except Arya, who will be proclaimed King in the North... King, not Queen and not "Lady."

by Anonymousreply 423April 25, 2019 5:06 PM

Lady Mormont will declare Arya King, just like she did Jon, and just like then, all the other houses will be rallied and fall in line with her.

by Anonymousreply 424April 25, 2019 5:08 PM

Brienne willl knight Arya and she'll be Ser Arya, Knight of Winterfell.

by Anonymousreply 425April 25, 2019 5:13 PM

Arya is highborn, R425. She's not some lowly knight.

by Anonymousreply 426April 25, 2019 5:15 PM

Jojen couldn't be the three eyed raven because he doesn't have Bran's gifts r422.

A three-eyed raven has to have both the sight and be a warg/skinchanger. Jojen had the sight but he was not a warg.

High born like Jaime Lannister r426?! Being knighted is a honor, not a low born thing.

But Arya is not a knight, she is an assassin.

by Anonymousreply 427April 25, 2019 5:16 PM

She was. Now she's home and not working for the House of Black and White.

Would be cool to see it happen before the second battle. I also see Pod getting the same before he dies.

by Anonymousreply 428April 25, 2019 5:26 PM

Jaime Lannister was high born.

by Anonymousreply 429April 25, 2019 5:50 PM

As is Brienne

by Anonymousreply 430April 25, 2019 6:09 PM

I hope that brat Lyanna Mormont is dispatched in the battle. Cannot stand her.

by Anonymousreply 431April 25, 2019 6:16 PM

[quote]I hope that brat Lyanna Mormont is dispatched in the battle. Cannot stand her.

You’re in the minority. She’s a huge fan-favorite.

by Anonymousreply 432April 25, 2019 8:44 PM

The lesbian community is pinning all its hopes on Lyanna since Arya let us all down so cruelly.

by Anonymousreply 433April 25, 2019 8:52 PM

There was Yara r433.

by Anonymousreply 434April 25, 2019 8:53 PM

R434 Even lesbians have standards.

by Anonymousreply 435April 25, 2019 8:55 PM

Lyanna was good when they introduced her, but they've definitely overused her. We don't need Sassy Wise Badass Child every episode

by Anonymousreply 436April 25, 2019 9:05 PM

That little girl with the scarred face is Melisandre wearing another necklace. It’s the only way she’d be able to get back in to Winterfell without Davos killing her.

Cogman has likened Jaime to Henry V before, which is really interesting. So, arrogant, immature jerk to great ruler? There’s zero chance of him dying at Winterfell. He might get injured, but he’s not dying. If I’m right about Brienne being the ‘younger, more beautiful (Queen)’ from Cersei’s prophecy then neither is she. Are people really still interpreting Jaime’s interest in her as platonic?! FFS! He left Tyrion talking to himself, so he could go and gawp at her and then proceeded to flirt with her like an awkward 12 year old. I suppose if you’ve only fucked your twin your whole life then your game is going to be limited.

by Anonymousreply 437April 25, 2019 9:06 PM

Peter Dinklage lives on the next block. We chat sometimes. Have never seen the show. What I didn't see, I didn't miss.

by Anonymousreply 438April 25, 2019 9:08 PM

R438 Thanks for the update.

by Anonymousreply 439April 25, 2019 9:09 PM

LOL. R420 is SO above it all. Probably doesn’t even have cable and spends HIS Sunday nights delivering pizzas to the rest of us. What a charmer.

by Anonymousreply 440April 25, 2019 9:22 PM

I wonder if Dinklage thinks you are just being a good neighbor by not pestering him about GoT. If you have never watched the show then what pleasure do you derive from reading about it, r438?

by Anonymousreply 441April 25, 2019 9:26 PM

R441 they've come onto a GoT thread purely to tell us they live near one of the actors. Such INSIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 442April 25, 2019 9:35 PM

I like the idea that Jaime and Cersei struggle with their narcissism passed on through their familial culture. As Jaime goes through different informal therapy, he discovers something of a better sense of self and no longer has such 'love' for Cersei.

I do think most main characters will actually survive, at least until the final episode.

I also like that idea that the girl is the red priestess in disguise. You might think she'd be taunting Davos taking that form, but I think it could be more her starting her apology and going into the crypt to try to defend as many as possible there. I won't expect this to be true, but I like imagining it.

by Anonymousreply 443April 25, 2019 9:41 PM

R438, well, have you see The Station Agent?

Arya is not going to be knighted. Neither is Podrick because that would be really insulting. Neither Arya nor Brienne are going to be queen at the end, jesus what are you smoking? If somehow Sansa ended up being Queen (I hope not but everyone else seems to love her) I could see Brienne being the head of the guards (Jaime's old position). It would tie in with her vow to Catelyn to protect her daughters.

People have been saying Bran should warg into the ice dragon. So I can see him taking control while the Night King is on its back and crashing into a mountain. No more NK and no more Bran.

by Anonymousreply 444April 25, 2019 9:54 PM

R444, it's not clear to me that the Night King can be killed. The White Walkers were once human (they were the sons of Craster), so it makes sense that they can be killed. But the Night King seems to represent important elemental, superhuman forces (such as death itself). The world might be out of balance if he is destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 445April 25, 2019 10:03 PM

Night king = Lich King? I hope not

by Anonymousreply 446April 25, 2019 10:35 PM

The scene with the little girl is not just about Davos. Shireen also taught Gilly how to read.

by Anonymousreply 447April 25, 2019 10:49 PM

R437 Great posts!

I don’t know if I see Jaime and Brienne ever wanting the throne for themselves but I do hope they survive. I think the knighting scene was probably the most initimate scene they could have. Jaime relates sex to something shameful and secretive while Brienne probably never considered the possibility due to all of the bullying.

I did find Bran’s conversation with Jaime at the tree interesting. Had Jaime not pushed Bran, Jaime wouldn’t be the person he is now, nor would Bran

by Anonymousreply 448April 26, 2019 12:32 AM

How about his for the last episode--The Hound dies next week, maybe saving Arya. Arya takes his face and fights the Mountain in the final episode, wins, then rips off her Hound face and kills Cersei, kind of like Michael settling all scores in Godfather.

by Anonymousreply 449April 26, 2019 12:38 AM

I think a 5ft Hound might raise suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 450April 26, 2019 12:46 AM

Wait, doesn't Bran have a psychic connection with the NK? He doesn't even have to warg into the Ice Dragon. Maybe the soothsayers saying that he's past/future NK are on to something. It would be bittersweet if he survives as the NK.

by Anonymousreply 451April 26, 2019 1:03 AM

Am I the only one thinking that one or both Lanisters brothers could heroically survive the terrible White Walkers battle, only to be killed in the distance by Bronn ? Cruel and nihilitic irony.

I love all the little scenes in ep. 2 where the characters showed uncharacteristic respect to one another. It is touching, because they all think they or their comrads could be dead by the next morning.

by Anonymousreply 452April 26, 2019 1:05 AM

We saw the Night King created thousands of years ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453April 26, 2019 1:07 AM

I'm not r438, but I love the Station Agent r444. Its a cute little movie

by Anonymousreply 454April 26, 2019 1:17 AM

If Bran knows history, and he can go back to the creation of the NK, and he can go back to the time when the NK was not "awakened again" and leading an army of zombies to wipe out the human race, then WTF can't Bran and Sam figure out how to DO SOMETHING! After all. Sam went to the Citadel to get help with learning how to defeat the NK. The Reeds kept saying Bran was going to save the world, so when, and how and why haven't they mentioned they're at least making the effort. And then that little creep sits in his wheel chair and tells Arya he has no idea if dragonfire will kill the NK. Maybe they should have listened when Old Nan was telling her scary fairy tales. Maybe she was on to something. And the, how the hell is Jon/Aegon telling them he wants the dragons to guard Bran, when he knows perfectly well they need the dragons to fight the Whitewalkers and their zombie army. Hell, Sansa and Davos and Tyrion and Jaime are better at battle strategy than he is. If they used the dragons they will suffer fewer casualties and maybe save fucking Bran and Theon (who I believe is going to die.) Sheeesh!

by Anonymousreply 455April 26, 2019 1:24 AM

Unless the writers pull some magic trick out of their asses, like Bran and the Night's King merging into one being that has the NK elemental powers but Bran's conscience, I don't see how the Starks and their pals can win the battle for Winterfell. What the hell can they do about wave after wave of zombies piling on top of each other until they just flood over Winterfell's walls? How the hell can they defend against the NK's freezing winds that kill instantly? And what the hell can they do if the Night's King decides to assign ten or twenty thousand wights to besiege the castle, while he takes the majority of his forces and marches south to King's Landing?

I think the final conflict is going to take place in King's Landing somehow, not Winterfell. And it's going to involve Cersei's incest baby, and maybe Gilly's. Incest is constant theme in this story, treated with both horror and fascination, incest started the War of Five Kings and was implicated in the downfall of Old Valeria, and I think we're going to find that Craster offering his male incest babies led to the rise of the Night's King. GRRM seems to be fascinated by incest as well as horrified, and my sympathy to his female relatives.

by Anonymousreply 456April 26, 2019 1:44 AM

The main conflict, the biggest battle is at Winterfell in Episode three. That much I know. There will be a second battle for King's Landing but I have no idea who is involved in that. I just know that it is not as big, and it will happen in episode 5. The same guy directs both episodes.

by Anonymousreply 457April 26, 2019 2:11 AM

r457 they are really rushing to the finish and it sickens me. Having two big battles with only an episode to separate them? Madness. They are tying everything up too quickly.

by Anonymousreply 458April 26, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]How about his for the last episode--The Hound dies next week, maybe saving Arya. Arya takes his face and fights the Mountain in the final episode, wins, then rips off her Hound face and kills Cersei, kind of like Michael settling all scores in Godfather.

Arya taking the face of anyone we’ve seen die removes all the suspense, because we’ll know it’s Arya, not say The Hound or Jaime, when it’s revealed.

by Anonymousreply 459April 26, 2019 3:18 AM

The faceless man already killed Arya and is using her face.

by Anonymousreply 460April 26, 2019 3:24 AM

R460 just outed Gendry.

by Anonymousreply 461April 26, 2019 3:36 AM

R460 hasnt that shit theory been debunked?

by Anonymousreply 462April 26, 2019 3:36 AM

Please no spoilers in this thread, conjecture only.

by Anonymousreply 463April 26, 2019 3:38 AM

[quote] Peter Dinklage lives on the next block. We chat sometimes.

Are you sure its not Andrew Keenan-Bolger?

by Anonymousreply 464April 26, 2019 3:42 AM

I do have to wonder if Clegane hired a faceless man to do it. But somehow I think not.I think Euron would rather keep the money and kill her himself. I did find it suspicious that he claims three members of the Gold Company died gambling with him. Maybe they aren't dead? Euron is definitely up to something. He has a low cunning.

I have a feeling about Qyburn too. Something is off there. And then there's Bronn and his mission to kill the Lannister brothers.

OK. I think Jaime, Brienne, Tyrion,Davos, and Gendry live. I don't know about The Hound or Tormund. They could go either way. But I think Jorah, Grey Worm, Podrick, Edd, and Beric die. Sam, GIlly, Baby Sam, Varys and Lyanna Mormont live.

by Anonymousreply 465April 26, 2019 3:45 AM

R459 we'll know it's Arya, but the person she's surprising won't. For example, She could still (as Jaime) stab Cersei in the throat, then pull off the jaime mask and shrink down to become Arya again. The surprise on Cersei's face would be the payoff.

But I don't think they'll go that route. It'll most likely be real Jaime killing Cersei. The Hound will occupy the Mountain while Jaime kills her.

by Anonymousreply 466April 26, 2019 3:53 AM

[quote]we'll know it's Arya, but the person she's surprising won't. For example, She could still (as Jaime) stab Cersei in the throat, then pull off the jaime mask and shrink down to become Arya again. The surprise on Cersei's face would be the payoff.

Not much a payoff. I don’t see it.

by Anonymousreply 467April 26, 2019 4:08 AM

I would love to see "Jamie" stab Cersei. She she lay dying , "Jamie" removes his face, and it's Arya. Arya gets up really close to Cersei and says "The North remembers, BIOTCH!"

by Anonymousreply 468April 26, 2019 5:34 AM

Thinking about Brienne, and how formal and serious she is all the time, andyet one of the best exchanges I recall is when she & Podrick rode up to the site of the Riverrun siege, and Podrick looked down on the military encampment, and said, "It looks like a siege..." And she responded" You have a keen military mind, Podrick." I really like those two together. Podrick is a good soul. I wish they would have knighted him.

by Anonymousreply 469April 26, 2019 11:50 AM

Podrick should be knighted at some point, he's from a noble family, and noble young men usually served as squires for a while and were knighted when their skill of arms reached point where they could enter fights and tournament without risking their lives. Of course he's still on Queen Cersei's shit list because of his association with Tyrion, so he'll have to be knighted in the field during the coming war, if he doesn't die first.

Good odds on him dying, BTW. He's a well-liked character but not important to the plot, and they can get a good "aawwwww" moment out of it.

by Anonymousreply 470April 26, 2019 12:21 PM

Sansa's girlhood was totally standard for a girl of the high nobility in 15th century England. Spoiled as a child, held hostage because of a feud or because someone wanted to grab her inheritance, forced into arranged marriages the minute she hit puberty, husbands who felt free to be as brutal as they liked, developing keen political minds because that's the only way they could stay alive.

The only thing about her story that couldn't have been lifted from a history of the Plantagenets was the marriage to Tyrion, where he kindly refrained from raping her. I wrote earlier about the necessity for killing every last member of your enemy clan, lest sparing a sweet little girl or something put you at the risk of her growing up to be an Arya Stark who'd get revenge, the only exception to that rule was keeping a girl alive for the inheritance and forcing her to marry a member of your clan. Raping and impregnating her was considered to be an essential power move, because until she had children she'd still think of herself as part of the enemy clan, but once she had a son she was yours. It was assumed that once she had a son she'd put his interests first, and that son would be part of her former enemy's family.

But then, Tyrion liked his women good-natured and experienced, and didn't put his familial duty first.

by Anonymousreply 471April 26, 2019 12:33 PM

Didnt Shireen teach Davos to read? since he was around Stannis, they were all together at Stannis' castle.

I don't remember Shireen and Gilly together. When and where did that happen? Was Sam with them because I really don't remember Sam and Stannis meeting.

by Anonymousreply 472April 26, 2019 12:59 PM

She taught Gilly at Castle Black in season 5. At the end of season 4 Stannis and his army went to the wall to fight the Wildlings. Shireen went with them. Gilly was there, Sam too, and Shireen and Gilly spent some time together.

Yes, she also taught Davos how to read.

by Anonymousreply 473April 26, 2019 1:33 PM

Interestingly, the first word Davos read was 'Aegon'

by Anonymousreply 474April 26, 2019 1:41 PM

Thanks r473. I remember now. This was when Jon was a captive of Mance and then at the last minute Stannis shows up with an army.

by Anonymousreply 475April 26, 2019 1:46 PM

If Podrick dies, they should transplant his magic cock onto Theon.

by Anonymousreply 476April 26, 2019 1:49 PM

Poor Shireen. Burned alive for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 477April 26, 2019 2:15 PM

Ok, back from reading the GoT wiki--so much plot, so many characters. Learning to read was much easier in this world, both Davos and Gilly accomplished it fairly quickly. Brienne

Anyway, I had totally forgotten that Brienne was the one who actually killed Stannis, beheaded him after the Battle of something outside Winterfell when the Boltons controlled it. She did it in Renley's name as she was part of his guard originally and Stannis and Melisandre's magic were responsible for his death. Then she went up to the Wall and told Jon and Melisandre what she did.

So it's *possible* that Melisandre bears a grudge against Brienne even though Stannis was pretty much a failure at that point. Just another point in the who lives/who dies stakes.

by Anonymousreply 478April 26, 2019 3:15 PM

Only good thing Melisandre did was resurrect Jon Snow, why so much faith in her skills and trust in her prophecies? Is she even cast this season? (That's rhetorical, I don't want to know). For magical help, they have Bran, so far is not very helpful. One of the thing I learned of this show is that people's prediction are not always very accurate.

I don't think anyone else will be knighted, that make what happened to Brienne more special.

by Anonymousreply 479April 26, 2019 4:01 PM

Wonder how Gendry will feel seeing Melisandre again. Now a lot of people talk about Arya killing Cersei. But hunny, I don't think Arya will look too kindly on the woman who took her man, stripped him, and "put leaches all over him"

by Anonymousreply 480April 26, 2019 4:09 PM

ol' Mel won't be shown until she's dying, and then as the very old woman we've seen her as in earlier episodes.

I think she's the burned-faced child.

by Anonymousreply 481April 26, 2019 7:48 PM

The rumor that she may be the burnt faced child is intriguing. But I don't think she is. I think it would be a cool way to introduce her into the story, but I just don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 482April 26, 2019 8:48 PM

OK. So one more time. I'm guessing between 5 and 8 people bite the dust. Dead. Gone. Finis.

1. Theon 2. Podrick 3. Beric 4. Royce from the Vale 5. Tormund 6 Ser Jorah 7. Gray Worm 8. Edd, Lord Commander, Night's Watch

by Anonymousreply 483April 26, 2019 8:51 PM

[quote]Peter Dinklage lives on the next block. We chat sometimes. Have never seen the show. What I didn't see, I didn't miss.

Where is that? Saw him once in an A&P in Jersey City.

by Anonymousreply 484April 26, 2019 8:51 PM

The girl was just there as a callback to Shireen for Davos and Gilly.

Theon is so dead. Dead Dead Dead.

by Anonymousreply 485April 26, 2019 8:53 PM

Vulture wants a bunch of characters to bone before they die.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486April 26, 2019 9:03 PM

I was just thinking. Most of those people have never seen a Whitewalker or the Army of the Dead. Aside from the one they brought back to King's Landing. Just one. But I mean they have never seen the entire army arrayed out there. Edd has. Jorah, Samwell, The Hound, Beric, Tormund, Jon have, even though Gendry has seen a few more than one, he didn't see the masses of them.

But Jaime, Brienne, Grey Worm, all of the armies, Tyrion, Davos, Yohn Royce from the Vale, Sansa and Arya, Varys, GIlly, Missandei, never experienced this. I would have pissed myself.

by Anonymousreply 487April 26, 2019 9:05 PM

I thought for a brief second that Jamie was going to decapitate Brienne instead of knighting her. I do think it would have made for better tv. It would also have been in keeping with Game of Thrones being 'Game of Thrones.'

I feel there are so many missed plot opportunities this season.

by Anonymousreply 488April 26, 2019 10:06 PM

It would be the worst if Dany wins the throne 🙄

by Anonymousreply 489April 26, 2019 11:13 PM

[quote]I thought for a brief second that Jamie was going to decapitate Brienne instead of knighting her. I do think it would have made for better tv.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 490April 26, 2019 11:58 PM

r490 The sheer shock value of it alone would have made it memorable.

by Anonymousreply 491April 27, 2019 12:14 AM

Honey, there would be memorable shock value if suddenly the International Space Station plunged from the skies and crushed Sansa flat, but that doesn't mean it would make for good TV.

by Anonymousreply 492April 27, 2019 12:19 AM

I think so.

by Anonymousreply 493April 27, 2019 12:23 AM

Not Royce from the Vale! How much heartbreak can we endure?

by Anonymousreply 494April 27, 2019 12:29 AM

Notable Ep. 2 non-reunion: the Little Bird and the Hound. I think they're saving that one for when he rescues her when they have to flee Winterfell.

by Anonymousreply 495April 27, 2019 2:20 AM

Would they have been allowed to show Lyanna Mormont being raped and killed during the Battle of Winterfell? I think it would have been outrageous, but at the same time good Game of Thrones TV, since Game of Thrones is not ordinary TV, but something else. Akin to what we had to witness during the Red Wedding.

by Anonymousreply 496April 27, 2019 2:46 AM

R494 lol

by Anonymousreply 497April 27, 2019 2:50 AM

R496 is the reason GRRM wrote ASoIF - the lesson will be hard for you.

by Anonymousreply 498April 27, 2019 2:51 AM

r498 What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 499April 27, 2019 3:07 AM

What was the purpose of Jon telling Messimidontknow not to revive him again ? Why even bring up the subject ?

by Anonymousreply 500April 27, 2019 4:44 AM

Because life sucks. He had the peace of death and she revived him condemning him back to his hard life filled with hard decisions and heartbreak.

by Anonymousreply 501April 27, 2019 5:25 AM

[quote]Would they have been allowed to show Lyanna Mormont being raped and killed during the Battle of Winterfell?

R496, as far as I am aware, the Dead do not rape.

by Anonymousreply 502April 27, 2019 8:08 AM

I watched the previous seasons. I can't be arsed to watch anymore. Too much celebrity gossip and articles in the hiatus---Sophie and Jonas; Lena and Emilia as brunettes; Kit, Rose, and cheating; newer movies (Harrington in "MI-5"; Dinklage in "3 Billboards..."); Maisie grew up uncute; etc.

I don't care who sits on the Iron Throne. I'm sick of shows with zombies, walking dead, or whatever. Done with the gratuitous (or would that be the Nerd Boys' Adventure Show's entire raison d'etre?) full frontal sex scenes and verbal obscenities foisted off as practically Shakespearean (at least Messalina of "I, Claudius" really existed as portrayed).

Bran. Bronn. Brienne. Theon. Tyrion. Tywin. Whatever!

by Anonymousreply 503April 27, 2019 9:41 AM

R503 Thanks for letting us know.

by Anonymousreply 504April 27, 2019 9:43 AM

Right before the child with the scarred face showed up, there was an old couple standing in front of Davos. Maybe one of the old people was Melisandre. Maybe she brought along a fellow red priestess to help. Maybe they give their lives to bring back Bran, only when he comes back from the dead, he's not the Three-Eyed-Raven anymore.

by Anonymousreply 505April 27, 2019 10:53 AM

I have to say that they have hyped this episode #3 so much I am having anxiety attacks. But one thing I believe is screwed up. When Bran said the Night King wanted to erase all human memory and make it perpetual night. That's wild. It's just nonsensical to me. I wish David & Dan had come up with a better backstory for the Night King. They overlook the fact that once upon a time the Night King was not active. He went back into his hidey hole. And who the hell was he before he became the Night King? I think we can come up with a lot of fictional plotlines to decide who he is and why he is on this ramage. I just wish they would have come up with a better reason for why he is doing this.

by Anonymousreply 506April 27, 2019 11:14 AM

R506 perhaps the Night King retreated to his safe-space. Like you should you weak cretin.

by Anonymousreply 507April 27, 2019 11:30 AM

Why am I a weak cretin. Because of my anxieties? Bullshit. There are millions of us both looking forward to this episode and dreading it. I'd feel the same way if this was Don Draper, or Peggy, or Joan. I felt bad when Betty Draper was dying. Or when Roger Sterling had that heart attack. You watch a show for years, you get invested in certain characters and when you know something catastrophic is coming for them you get hyped. it's normal. But maybe you aren't into "normal?"

by Anonymousreply 508April 27, 2019 11:45 AM

You’re fine r508. Bran knows more than he is letting on; there’s more to the NK than just erasing memory.

by Anonymousreply 509April 27, 2019 12:46 PM

Thank you R509. I appreciate your kindness during my time of anxiety. I hope your right about Bran. And you know, as I think about it, WTF has Sam been doing?He ought to know something by now.

by Anonymousreply 510April 27, 2019 1:07 PM

I have a theory that Brienne will be killed at the battle next episode but Melisandre will bring her back as an act of atonement for killing Renly.

by Anonymousreply 511April 27, 2019 2:44 PM

Brienne will be accidentally killed by Bronn trying to get to Jaime, motivating Jaime to kill Cersie.

by Anonymousreply 512April 27, 2019 2:54 PM

But does anyone really remember Renly at this point? Another forgotten character, Edmure Tully, taken prisoner after the Red Wedding, screwed up his rescue (I forget exactly how) and not mentioned after Arya killed off all the male Freys. Not that I want him showing up with an army but if the battle goes badly and the remnents of Winterfell have to flee, if they don't escape on Yara's fleet, maybe they will find their way to the Frey castle or the Tully castle.

by Anonymousreply 513April 27, 2019 2:57 PM

I don’t want anymore Starks to die. We thought Bran lived but not really. I just saw a trailer or the new X-men that looked like Sophie was the star and JL was supporting. I know the shooting schedule but I still suspect Sensa will die early because of a big Hollywood movie.

by Anonymousreply 514April 27, 2019 2:58 PM

I remember praying once Erica Kane wouldn’t get an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 515April 27, 2019 3:07 PM

We'll see Edmure again. Either at River Run or in the last episode at Tyrion's trial, or whatever it is that's happening at the dragon pit. If Robin Arryn was there, (which has been reported) it makes sense that Edmure would be there as well since he's the head of a Great Family.

by Anonymousreply 516April 27, 2019 3:37 PM

Sophie Turner finished shooting the XMen movie in late Aug/early Sept 2017. Shooting on S8 started in October 2017.

by Anonymousreply 517April 27, 2019 3:55 PM

Hey, Robyn Arryn hasn't yet been seen at Winterfell and Yohn Royce has. So WTF. I remember reading some time ago, maybe a year or more, some "leaker" who was accused of being a fake, claimed that when the living retreat, some of them go to the Vale "where they'll be safe." Hah! So maybe he will be there to greet them....but I would think if he has any role to play he'd already be on the scene. So maybe he simply fades away with Edmure.

by Anonymousreply 518April 27, 2019 4:49 PM

i'm with r437 on jaime and brienne.

wrote this a couple of days ago on another GoT thread:

i believe the honorable man ruling westeros (maybe not on the iron throne, just... from casterly rock) will be jaime. the story began with ned finding him sitting on the IT for shits and giggles. he'll be sitting there again. he is honorable* and he will be the only living brother of the current queen cersei (tyrion will have been executed by then). his just woman** spouse is going to be brienne. lannister babies will follow suit.

dany and jon will be up north learning how to be the new night king. jon was the prince that was promised to the night king. when the night king saw the bleeding comet that showed up when jon's half-brother, elia and rhaegar's boy was born, he thought A-HA! the prince that is supposed to rescue me from my immortality must be JUST AROUND THE CORNER, WHOOP! since there's probably another prophecy somewhere about the prince having stark or king blood, the NK found a stark/some king's bastard craster and started asking for his baby BOYS because only BOYS can be princes! he's not looking for a boy boy but a PRINCE. so he takes those craster boys and turns them but whatever they become... it's obvious to NK none of them are TPTWP. the years pass... the NK becomes desperate and anguished... so he decides to travel south. where's my prince?! he was promised to me (he thinks.. knows nothing about the ned lyanna promise - maybe it's a thing. maybe a proper NK is supposed to know nothing). so somehow jon/dany get clued in and decide to become the mythical northern blue-eyed cave-dwellers where they could stay for thousands of years without anybody finding them, drawing their stick figures on the cave walls and hoping for their own prince in due time i.e. 10.000 years or so.

and it's obvious to me that cersei's 'more beautiful queen' was going to be either shireen (now dead in the show) or brienne - neither conventionally beautiful but sweet-natured people with beautiful souls (compared to cersei's corrupt nature with little to no redeeming anything).

*+**: davos said it would be nice if westeros was ruled, for once, by an honorable man and a just woman, thinking of jon and dany the stone-faced doofuses.

by Anonymousreply 519April 27, 2019 5:16 PM

I enjoy the theories, keep them coming, but I can't fathom how they'll get much done with 4 episodes left, two of them battles. They'll have to do a ruby slippers scene or two (just click your heels and say you want to go home!) just to wrap up what's already on the table without reintroducing long departed characters or assigning existing characters new powers. No, I think from here on in it's going to be pretty pedestrian, and probably very disappointing to anyone who has been on board since the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 520April 27, 2019 5:28 PM

I will be very VERY angry is Tyrion is executed for some trumped up charge by Dany. spot

Unless it is Cersei's doing, if he gets captured by her soldiers, then yes she'd do it on the spot.

I hope not though, he's the best character of them all.

by Anonymousreply 521April 27, 2019 5:40 PM

You should expect more loose ends or prepare to be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 522April 27, 2019 5:59 PM

R518 the kid who plays Robin, Luca something, and Tobias Menzies (Edmure) were both on a cast list that came out a month or so ago. And there was a picture of Menzies at the airport in Northern Ireland with a bunch of the cast, so unless they had him there as misdirection (why bother, Edmure isn't that important) he'll be in the show.

by Anonymousreply 523April 27, 2019 7:31 PM

Robyn is going to be pissed that Littlefinger was executed, though. I doubt he will welcome Sansa and Arya with open arms. Dany will be dead before Tyrion, so it won’t be a trial that she’s a part of.

by Anonymousreply 524April 27, 2019 8:05 PM

Robyn Arryn grew up well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525April 27, 2019 9:33 PM

r524

i don't think so.

the show-runners butchered sweet-robin's character - in the books he hated baelish and was afraid of him (baelish was poisoning him and it seemed sweet-robin actually suspected he was being harmed by baelish in some way). so in the show there was this episode where sweet-robin was 'happy' to see littlefinger but it was out of character and stupid.

i hope they will fix their mistake here.... sweet-robin has the potential to develop into an interesting and intelligent character...

by Anonymousreply 526April 27, 2019 10:03 PM

so i think the young lord arryn, who loved his creepy and dysfunctional mother, will be sad to find out littlefinger killed her. but probably not sper surprised. i don't think he'll have any hard feelings towards sansa though - she was always nice to him and though he started off bad (both in the books and the show) he did show signs of growing into a much smarter young man (in the books at least).

by Anonymousreply 527April 27, 2019 10:06 PM

I’m confused by the talk of Tyrion being executed for a yet unknown crime. Who is he charged with betraying and why? Bronn is after him. There is a slim to none chance that any of them will survive the White Walkers. Is it because the survivors will have to retreat to Kings Landing and be at Cersei’s mercy? Jaimie is on her shit list too. Why wouldn’t he be charged as well? I honestly think Bronn will confess about her plan to have them killed and throw in with them. If for no other reason than self-preservation. However, he has a history with them and also a genuine camaraderie with them.

by Anonymousreply 528April 27, 2019 10:59 PM

Yeah the Tyrion trial talk is obviously based on possible leaks and should be in the damn spoiler thread not in here. It's really not complicated yet this keeps having to be repeated.

by Anonymousreply 529April 27, 2019 11:03 PM

Bye bye thread. Fuck you r529 and your fucking spoilers, I hope you get herpes

by Anonymousreply 530April 28, 2019 12:16 AM

When the episode 3 thread goes up, can someone post the link here? Search usually doesn't work right for me.

by Anonymousreply 531April 28, 2019 2:31 AM

Episode 3 link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532April 28, 2019 10:58 AM

Fuck, I got the date wrong in the episode 3 link. My apologies. Here is the correct link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533April 28, 2019 11:04 AM

r529

sorry, mate... i'm guilty of doing this, didn't know there was a separate thread for spoiler talk/leaked material discussion. will keep quiet now.

by Anonymousreply 534April 28, 2019 12:30 PM

R65: Oh, you dum-dums, They just have to kill the zombie leader, and all the zombies he’s “made” will disintegrate! They covered that some episodes in the past! That’s how they win! Yay! 4/21/19

Yes, you heard it here first, last week.

by Anonymousreply 535April 29, 2019 3:28 AM

I´ve been reading about what some of you think about Jaime and Brienne, and it surprises me a lot that many think Jaime didn´t love her, had sex with her for pity of that he left her because he cared more about Cersei. First of all, George R.R. Martin declared he had written about Jaime and Brienne as if they were Beauty and the Beast. In GOT, Jaime starts scorning Brienne, later he respects her and this grows to love her. You can see it along the seasons, how he looks at her and protects her. Coster-Waldau has confirmed in several interviews that Jaime and Brienne do love each other. they just lack the emotional experience and self-awareness needed to acknowledge it. You can see it when he gives her back the Oath Keeper and says "it´s yours, it´s always been yours", and you have near Bronn, who is telling Podrick: "do you think they´re fucking? I know he wants to fuck her. And I´m sure she wants to fuck him, too. So what do you think?" Nikolaj Coster talked to Vulture on 03/13/2016 "it´s that thing when two people are attracted to each other but they refuse to aknowledge that whole elephant in the room, and for everyone else around them it´s pretty obvious".

Jaime left Brienne because he felt guilty about the terrible things he had done in the past. He knew Cersei was going to die, and somehow he felt he deserved the same fate, he felt didn´t deserve being happy with Brienne. Brienne understands how he feels. She cries not because she thinks he is leaving her because he prefers Cersei, but because she sees he thinks he is a bad man and deserves to die as well as his sister is going to. That´s why Brienne tells him "You are not like your sister. You are a good man". Then he tells her about the horrible things he´s done for Cersei, trying to make her feel he is really going back to her for other reasons, so Brienne doesn´t follow him (again, to protect her). He says later that he doesn´t care about the innocents, because he is in denial, he is thinking he is a bad man. when he returns to Cersei, you can see they reunite as brother and sister, not like two lovers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 20, 2019 10:26 AM

I think what D & D did to Jaime was ruining hiw whole arc, and I hope George R.R. Martin gives Jaime and Brienne the happy ending they did deserve. I think D & D wanted to end GOT in a shocking way, surprising everybody, and what the did was made the characters act in a non incomprehensible way. In books Jaime is still with Brienne and he doesn´t go back to Cersei when she writes him a letter telling him she is in danger. Nikolaj Coster has expressed himself many times that wanted Jaime to move from Cersei, and was mad when D & D made his character go back to her (different from the books).

I think that when D & D starting making up things and not following the books, they ruined the story. Not only Jaime and Brienne, but also the rest of it.

Mark Mylod, one of GOT directors, said: It had been a long time since they last said goodbye. It’s one of the greatest love stories on television for me. I just absolutely love it. The extraordinary thing for me is that they create such a beautiful, dramatic tension in any two-shot that has Nikolaj and Gwendoline. The way they use their eyes to either connect or disconnect — to avoid each other’s eyes — is so great. They play the black notes of their scenes so beautifully.

Here at the link you have a lot of comments about Jaime and Brienne love story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 20, 2019 10:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!