Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — Thread 16

Will that fucking book ever come out?

by Anonymousreply 601April 9, 2019 12:38 AM

All I know is Rosie spoke to the author for 25 minutes and told him (a complete stranger) that she:

Molested by her Dad

Was in love with EH that she felt was mutual

Hated and was hated by Whoopi

Hated and was hated by Bill G

Hated and was hated by Kelly Ripa

Told Barbara “No wonder your daughter hates you”

And was LOATHED by everyone who ever worked there.

So...I’m sure the book will be delightful

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2019 1:53 PM

I'll buy it!

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2019 2:24 PM

R1, surely Rosie didn't tell Barbara "No wonder your daughter hates you."

I do remember stories of Rosie barging into Barbara's dressing room to yell at her.

Obviously, Rosie yells a lot. I'd hate to have to work with someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2019 8:15 PM

[r3] Rosie is legit quoted in the new book as saying she told her that during their fight. She admits as well that shouldn’t have said it.

I think it was the moment that severed her connection to Barbara permanently

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2019 8:19 PM

So Nicolle reported Rosie to HR and brought her husband to work with her to protect her from Rosie? Wonder when she and Rosie made up because they were all lovey dovey buddy buddy on Seth Meyers a couple months ago, Rosie stayed on the sofa after her segment to be a part of Nicolle's segment.

I like Nicolle well enough but her fawning over Whoopi when she was on The View, in addition to the McCain/Palin/Bush history, limits my ability to sing her praises about what she does on MSNBC now.

Same goes for Ana, I like her on a basic level (she can joke and be light and fun) and for speaking out about Cheetolini and would take her over either Heiress on the panel a million times over but then I have to remind myself that she's good friends with Paul Ryan and his wife and she does things such as like and retweet Cindy McCain which she did today as a matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2019 8:20 PM

Rosie and Nicolle made up after Rosie left the show. Rosie introduced Nicolle to Michael Schmidt

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2019 8:31 PM

I knew alpha Rosie was gonna be a train wreck for the show both times she was on and she didn't disappoint. She was used to being the boss and that was never gonna work out well on a panel discussion. Rosie the Steamroller.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2019 8:58 PM

Ro the bulldyke.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2019 9:20 PM

And will Abby SFTU about both sides?

Every fucking thing out of her mouth is "both sides...".

She needs to not return from maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2019 9:34 PM

I think it’s interesting that Whoopi hasn’t hosted since the headlines turned south about her moderating job with horrible press from Jenny, Barbara and Rosie, who called her the meanest person in show business.

I bet she’s been on the “computer - computer “ looking up all the dish and not feeling great that everyone with the exception of “Two-Ton my father” hates her

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2019 9:56 PM

Rosie made up with Stah too. but Ripa doesn't need or want her fake friendship.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2019 10:04 PM

Per some of the discussion in the last thread, I just want to note that Rosie wasn't alluding to Geddie and Hasselbeck having a secret love child on WWHL. She was referring to the director (whom she also loathed), Mark Gentile. He was having an affair with an unnamed staffer. There's more on this in the book, according to this article...

"In the book, O’Donnell shared a story of when she walked into a meeting at 'The View' and asked a group of staffers, 'Is this Mark’s Gentiles baby?' A woman producer at the show was holding a baby in her arms. According to Setoodeh, the producer (whom Setoodeh has not named in the book) had been having an affair with Gentile, who was married. The affair was an open secret among the staff at 'The View,' and Walters was aware of it, the book says."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2019 10:08 PM

Can’t wait to get my hands on this book. I started watching The View the year Elisabeth joined, I had just moved away from home to go to school and I would watch The View at night in my shitty little rented room. I had no friends and I was so homesick and out of my element and watching The View gave some structure to my days and it was nice to see the same faces every night. I still try to catch up on the clips on YT a few times a week. The only time I avoided the show was when Joy was fired.

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2019 10:41 PM

R12

Good God! WTF asks that question in a room full of people as the mom is holding her baby?

I like Rosie but that is so rude & nobody's business.

by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2019 11:20 PM

Who was the moron in charge that thought hiring Rosie back would work after her disastrous first go round?

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2019 11:58 PM

Rosie was right about Ripa's remark. It was blatantly homophobic. If it had come out of the mouth of a gay man, it would have been just viewed as mildly bitchy. But she was pissed that she got one upped and decided to play up to her straight frau audience by having a little dig at the closet case who because he's gay, automatically must be into sleazy, kinky shit. That's what Rosie no doubt saw, and that's what made her speak out that morning.

There are women who feel because they hang around with gay men and are friends with them, that it somehow gives them a pass to say whatever they want. Like the old saying, "I can't be racist, I have black friends". You may not be homophobic, but if you say shit that's homophobic, then it doesn't magically get negated because of who you associate with. She poked fun at him being gay, period. She had every right to be mad about him putting his hand over her mouth, but she handled it poorly. She could have apologized for her crack and still made a case that he was out of line.

by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2019 12:23 AM

R16

I'm as gay as a lavender draped Cher doll & I did not think her comment had anything to do with him being gay.

I've watched Kelly since the beginning. She has always been a germaphobe. She discusses this many times & is regularly seen using Purell.

Not every comment to a gay man has to relate to them having sex. Rosie (per usual) jumped to assumptions, caused a stir U refuses to see she was wrong. Even 10 years later she's harping on it in this book.

It also pissed me off that she used the word 'bashed'. Even if it had been like she said that does not equal bashing.

by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2019 12:43 AM

Clay wasn't even out when that incident took place. And Kelly made sure his career went straight to the shitter. He was acting like a nasty queen.

by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2019 12:52 AM

Kathy Griffin did her level best to out the Gaykin and nobody seemed to care about that.

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2019 12:56 AM

Nobody cared about Kathy trying to out Ryan either.

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2019 1:02 AM

[quote]She has always been a germaphobe. She discusses this many times & is regularly seen using Purell.

And yet she regularly put her hand over Regis mouth to shut him up.

She was being mean spirited and she got called out on it. And Rosie's talking about it because it's for a book on The View where her incident with Kelly Ripa took place. She's not constantly dredging it up. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 21March 30, 2019 1:19 AM

The book is 75% Baba Wawa. The rest is old gossip that has been posted here. The current cast literally gets a few sentences each, and the author outs himself as a good friend of Moogan's in the end. It's a quick read, after all the Barbara crap, but most everything scandalous has already been posted.

by Anonymousreply 22March 30, 2019 1:29 AM

Michelle Collins was thrown under the bus to make way for Joy.

by Anonymousreply 23March 30, 2019 2:06 AM

R21

You're obviously not a germaphobe if you don't see the difference with her putting her hand over Regis' mouth & Clay putting his hand over her mouth.

She can use Purell on her hands after touching Regis. Someone puts their hand on your mouth is germy.

Not wanting that does not mean it had anything to do with him being gay.

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2019 2:57 AM

R24 Yeah, she can Purcell her hands, but where does that leave Regis?

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2019 3:34 AM

No wonder Regis quit!

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2019 3:42 AM

Oh please. Kelly knew damn well that Glay probably had his fist up a poop chute once or twice. And vice versa. E coli is not your friend.

by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2019 6:13 AM

Watching some old clips, was the studio audience much bigger back in the Rosie/Elisabeth days? It looks like it when they pan across at the opening.

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2019 2:57 PM

[r28] when watching old clips do u notice “mutual lesbian overtones” between Ro and EH as Ro alleges?”

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2019 4:29 PM

Can someone fill me in on MeghaBeast's BFF SE Cupp? I'm not familiar with her or her show but she was on Bill Maher last night and at least seemed to have a sense of humor unlike The View's resident sour puss. Would SE have been a less abrasive (and less of an eye sore) addition to The View? Or does she not have the connections (aka parents) to get the job?

by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2019 5:37 PM

C-Cup is the one that went on a cruise with Meghan and her husbear/fiance and outed Meghan as a SCREAMER.

It was HILARIOUS to watch Meghsn's reaction.

And she has some conservative's show on some liberal cable channel.

by Anonymousreply 31March 30, 2019 5:50 PM

Oh god r31, I mean it’s obvious but you don’t want to hear about it. If I actually had to hear it, I’d be the first person to go on a cruise and come back 5 lbs lighter.

by Anonymousreply 32March 30, 2019 6:00 PM

When is DullAsDishwaterAbby going on maternity leave...it can't come soon enough.

Wonder if Sherri Shepherd will fill in for any of the maternity leave...I also think Sherri would do well with Strahan when Sara goes on mat leave...she was good filling in for Wendy Williams.

by Anonymousreply 33March 30, 2019 6:06 PM

Alright View fans, I have a quest for you...

I'm not a viewer or fan of the current show (or really a fan of it at all) but I am looking for a specific old episode, and hope to track down a clip or download of it. It's a joint interview with former teen idol actors/comedians Drake Bell & Josh Peck; I forget the exact airdate but I believe it aired somewhere between January - March 1st 2006, some weeks or months after Drake Bell's car accident on Dec 29th 2005 but a couple months before March 20th when Drake went on the View solo (I linked that ep below). I can't remember what either guy was wearing or what they said exactly, but I do remember they talked about their Christmas TV movie and in reference to that Barbara Walters mentioned something to Josh about Hanukkah.

I have scoured the internet and cannot find this episode anywhere, which is irksome as I want to GIF it. If anyone can help me find it or point me to a video archive for The View, I'd be grateful. Thanks, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 30, 2019 8:33 PM

r34...who?

by Anonymousreply 35March 30, 2019 8:35 PM

@R35

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2019 11:41 AM

Mon 4/1: Issa Rae and Marsai Martin (Blackish) from the movie Little

Tues 4/2: Valerie Jarrett

Wed 4/3: Chelsea Clinton

Thurs 4/4: Rep Tim Ryan (D-OH), Taraji P. Hensen

Fri 4/5: Zachary Levi, Kiernan Shipka

by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2019 7:49 PM

I assume Meghan will apologize to Chelsea for her father's rude comment.....

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2019 8:02 PM

Sabrina on Friday!!!

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2019 8:23 PM

Taraji? Cue the Jussie awkwardness.

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2019 8:34 PM

I hope Whoopi misses this week.

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2019 9:36 PM

[r41] is Rosie

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2019 10:13 PM

Not Rosie

- Jenny

by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2019 10:15 PM

Is Shepherd still paying child support to her ex and his girlfriend?They totally scammed her....him suggesting surrogate kids made by a woman he had been involved with.Is this how heterosexuals are child rearing nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 44March 31, 2019 10:50 PM

Yep. She's still paying.

by Anonymousreply 45March 31, 2019 10:55 PM

Sherri said in a interview that her ex-husbands got together and file their motions against her together and stroll into court together as best buddies. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2019 10:57 PM

I went to a taping of The View with my mother once while Rosie was in her first time on the show. They asked the audience if they had any questions for the panel and people only had questions for Rosie, which rerally irked Barbara. She said something like, "We're people, too!"

by Anonymousreply 47March 31, 2019 11:03 PM

That girl sure knows how to pick 'em, r46!

by Anonymousreply 48March 31, 2019 11:08 PM

Whoopi should retire from the View and not replaced. 4 on the panel with a rotating 5th is enough.

by Anonymousreply 49March 31, 2019 11:33 PM

I agree r49 and adding Abby needs to stay home with newborns for the foreseeable future and relinquish the seat to someone with a discernible skill set. Have Sara Haines reclaim her seat after her unfortunate show is cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 50March 31, 2019 11:48 PM

Sheri is so dumb. She’s an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2019 12:11 AM

Sherri is dumb but sweet.

Abby is dumb and annoying

Jenny is dumb and a conspiracy theorist

Elisabeth is dumb and homophobic

Meghan is dumb and immature

Whoopi is dumb and baked

Joy is dumb and a word salad aficionado

Rosie is dumb and rageful

Barbara is dumb and alpha dog

Star is dumb and has no self awareness

Sunny is dumb and religious

Meredith is dumb and pantyless

Candace Cameron is dumb and self righteous

Sarah is dumb and frau

Jedediah is dumb and bitchy

Raven is dumb and uninformed

by Anonymousreply 52April 1, 2019 12:25 AM

Sherri, Sherri, Sherri. I hate how she and Star got played but the way marriage is viewed in the black community I feel like they got played by the shitty values they were raised with first and foremost. I hope Star is interviewed in the new book.

by Anonymousreply 53April 1, 2019 12:47 AM

Abby's only good for reproduction.

by Anonymousreply 54April 1, 2019 1:03 AM

Thew Huntsman heiress has been reduced to nothing more than a bag of fetuses.

by Anonymousreply 55April 1, 2019 1:43 AM

If Abby has been born to a middle class family what would she be doing with her life? I think PR for some non-profit.

by Anonymousreply 56April 1, 2019 1:45 AM

I found this so interesting when I was looking around on TripAdvisor. Live audience members HATED the view. Nearly every single post talks about how the pannel completely ignores their existence. They're treated like cattle and props from 9 AM to 12 "for free" - but a huge chunk of time if you are only in NYC briefly on vacation and hoping it will be fun. They also talk about the excessive coaching / annoying commands for them to clap and so on.

I've only been to one talk show (the original Rosie show) and although it was a long wait before anyone was seated, they had muffins, coffee, access to bathrooms (apparently you have to hold it for 3-4 hrs at The View). Rosie acknowledged we were there plenty of times. The staff members were all friendly. At the View, the reviewers claim everyone is miserable. It's just interesting that this is the kind of culture they have there. I was surprised at first but it makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 1, 2019 2:09 AM

[r57] Two-Tons usually acknowledges the audience but often it’s to yell at them or reprimand them so I would guess a more enjoyable time is had when being ignored

by Anonymousreply 58April 1, 2019 2:22 AM

THANK YOU SIR r58! THANK YOU FOR CLAPPING!!

by Anonymousreply 59April 1, 2019 2:24 AM

R57 I’ve been in the audience and it was fine. No different to the audience experience at Ellen, Will & Grace, Big Bang Theory or Seth Meyers. At all of them you wait a long time, get herded around a bit and have no interaction with the “stars”. Many tourists seem to think the show will be put on for them rather than for the camera/at home audience. They expect autographs, Q&As, selfies, some Hollywood glamor. The warm up comedienne interacts with the audience and everyone she spoke to was a tourist. There were people from U.K., Brazil, Australia and Ireland. The Americans were mostly mid westerners.

Specifically at The View Sunny was the only one who interacted with the audience during commercials. When Joy was speaking Meghan did lots of eye rolling towards her side of the audience and she stormed off stage during the commercials. Again only Sunny thanked the audience for coming as they were leaving the set. The staff there was polite and professional but it’s a big crowd and the audience shares the ABC employees Starbucks as a holding area and then walks through the employee cafeteria to get to the set so a certain amount of “cattle herding” is required and people need to follow instructions.

Ellen was the “worst” experience I had. It was fine, my expectations were in check but I thought the staff were too big for their britches. They would go along the line looking for people to overreact and gush about Ellen. They then took those people over to a separate bungalow and made them compete for front seats by being loud and obnoxious and “on”. This lead to an us v them mentality in the waiting area. The audience was also 90% mid western women, many with the “can I speak to a manger” frau haircut the DL loves to make fun of! Their expectations were completely out of line and all of them thought this would be a chance to meet Ellen and interact with her. After the show everyone was visibly pissed. As we were walking back to the parking lot the woman behind me was crying to her friend because Ellen never spoke to the audience and it wasn’t worth flying in from Indiana. Indeed Ellen never acknowledged the presence of the audience at all.

by Anonymousreply 60April 1, 2019 2:30 AM

Thanks r60 . Did you just request tickets on the 1iota website? Apparently there are "premier" and "regular" and the "regular" people usually don't get in unless they show up at 8 am. Which one did you get? Before I read the reviews, I requested tickets - but now I don't know if I'd bother. I don't have much time there, and it seems like I'd rather watch it on TV anyway. It would cause some issues in my schedule if I went - but I thought it could be entertaining since I watched it forever.

by Anonymousreply 61April 1, 2019 2:34 AM

R61 I enjoyed it but I had 4 days in the city. We were out of there after 12. I had a 12:30 lunch date with a friend at Cafe Fiorello a few blocks away and made it on time. I checked the 1iota website every morning and as soon as I saw my date released I requested a ticket, 2 weeks before the show date I received a priority ticket so I have to assume they go first come, first served when allocating priority.

by Anonymousreply 62April 1, 2019 2:40 AM

Yeah, that seems to be the trick... you need to request early on in the weeks before and get priority tix. Well, we'll see. If it comes back priority, I'll go and just see how it is. It's not like I'll ever bother with this again. I'll skip breakfast so I won't have to pee I guess.

Oh - and back to Rosie for a second (or Rosie 1.0 as she was back in that era). She had us leave with Snuggies and Listerine too (remember the whole Scope thing?). And we got some gross body wash that took me 3 days to rinse off. I know, of course, the manufacturers are doing this and it's not "Rosie" but it's just interesting the View gives them nothing at all. I wonder what role she played in having the audience leave with things. If you remember her original show, she was constantly giving things away. I remember that she tried to do that on The View in 2006 but it seemed like ABC ultimately nixed most of it.

by Anonymousreply 63April 1, 2019 2:48 AM

Is anyone watching the Real? It seems a much more enjoyable show than The View and not as vapid as The Talk. I bet being in the audience for that show would be fun.

by Anonymousreply 64April 1, 2019 10:50 AM

Sara Gilbert trues yo interact with the audience during the “The Talk” however nobody ever wants to ask her a question. It’s quite sad

by Anonymousreply 65April 1, 2019 11:32 AM

The Real is nothing but an adjective in search of a noun.

by Anonymousreply 66April 1, 2019 1:34 PM

Fer realz?

by Anonymousreply 67April 1, 2019 2:26 PM

Ugh, Whoopi is back.

by Anonymousreply 68April 1, 2019 3:01 PM

Whoopi defended Biden by saying that it was the woman’s fault for not saying something in the moment when Joe made her uncomfortable.

Clearly the Whoopster learned nothing from her Cosby/Polanski shitshows

by Anonymousreply 69April 1, 2019 4:44 PM

Anybody know how the ratings did with her absence? Maybe ABC will finally consider not renewing her contract. I love her as an actress but she's put her foot in her mouth so many times now.

Then again Mooghan is still there...

by Anonymousreply 70April 1, 2019 4:48 PM

R70 abcmedianet. Com has the View ratings. They didn’t release the ratings last week, which tells me that there was nothing to brag about. The ratings are just so so.

by Anonymousreply 71April 1, 2019 5:48 PM

[R45][R53]

Wow Sherri really got screwed,i saw in a trash market mag he applied and was given foodstamps.He says he is disabled and can't work. They didn't mention the childs mother...so iam guessing she has left the picture or is incog on purpose to wk system.I always wondered if Sherri forgave her best actress friend for introducing them......???That nail salon show actress"Claws"star

by Anonymousreply 72April 1, 2019 5:58 PM

I just got an email that I got the "priority" tickets from 1iota. After reading all those bad reviews on TripAdvisor, I wasn't going to go if I got regular tickets for sure, Priority at least means I am gonna get in & won't be waiting for nothing. I am only supposed to be in NYC M-Th, but I extended through the weekend just to do things for myself. It's a Friday show.

R60 - what do you think about it being worth it, in general? There's so much to do in NYC, I would hate to waste time if it's a bad experience. Any other tips? Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 73April 1, 2019 7:57 PM

The book comes out tomorrow. I can’t get to Barnes and Noble until Wed so you bitter bitches better spill when u read it tomorrow!!!

by Anonymousreply 74April 1, 2019 8:11 PM

R73 I would go, it’s an experience and it’s pretty neat to see the co-hosts interact, especially for longtime fans. With priority tickets you can get there just before 9 and be out a little after 12. They have Starbucks and they’ll let you grab breakfast in the holding area. The time goes quickly and I can’t imagine having a “bad experience” when you know the show well.

by Anonymousreply 75April 1, 2019 8:11 PM

My take on the Sherri Shepherd story is that she hired a surrogate (egg was not Sherri's). When Sherri's marriage fell apart (while the surrogate was pregnant), Sherri pushed the baby on to her then-husband and agreed to pay him child support. In contrast, when Sandra Bullock's marriage fell apart, she still went ahead with her adoption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 1, 2019 8:16 PM

Thanks r75. I'll report back if anything interesting happens. It says "Photography is permitted, but ONLY at designated times during the program. Cell phones and other wireless devices CANNOT be used as a camera. Videography is prohibited at all times."

Too bad I lost my digital camera ages ago, though I don't know if it's worth taking pics of anything in there really.

by Anonymousreply 77April 1, 2019 8:30 PM

[r76] wow. That’s a story. It’s always the fundies that dissaprove of gays that are usually the shittiest

by Anonymousreply 78April 1, 2019 9:00 PM

R77 You can take a picture of the set with your cell when you first go into the studio. The warm up comic tells you when it’s phones off. If you want pictures of the ladies you do need a digital camera/Polaroid anything not a cell. The guy beside me pulled out a big fancy camera with all sort of lenses and he was snapping away during commercials and they were fine with it. The people behind me had a disposable camera. It’s not so much pictures they have a problem with, they just don’t want the risk of a cell phone going off. They also have a selfie wall set up in the holding area, you can pose with cutout heads of the hosts in front of a “The View” background and have it emailed to yourself. There’s also some merch in the holding area. They do their best to make it a decent experience.

by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2019 9:08 PM

You better get a photo if Joy lunges across the table to snap Nutmeg's neck.

We would love you forever.

by Anonymousreply 80April 1, 2019 9:34 PM

[quote]"Cell phones and other wireless devices CANNOT be used as a camera. Videography is prohibited at all times." "It’s not so much pictures they have a problem with, they just don’t want the risk of a cell phone going off."

How would they know if you were sitting in the first row and were filming with your cell while it was leaning against your waist? There are ways to get around their absurd rules. I have a crappy cell, a basic Tracfone, it's nothing fancy. I can't even take photos with it! I despise cells. I only have one for emergencies and because my partner was always complaining I should have one.

I would assume with these advanced expensive new cells, the option to turn off the ringer while filming would be on a $1000 cell phone!

by Anonymousreply 81April 1, 2019 10:24 PM

It is called airplane mode

by Anonymousreply 82April 2, 2019 12:29 AM

R81, did you learn nothing from Rerun’s experience when he tried to illicitly record a Doobie Brother’s concert? The juice is not worth the squeeze!

by Anonymousreply 83April 2, 2019 12:33 AM

One of, if not the, only huge star Babs Wawa never got an interview from was Madonna. From what I've heard, Madonna hated her. Babs begged her by promising her the Most Important Person of the Year or whatever shitshow that was. Madonna ignored her. She only went on the View once and you could tell she hated it. I hope Rosie has dirt on that but she wouldn't do that to her last remaining friend.

by Anonymousreply 84April 2, 2019 3:24 AM

Baba Wawa shits her diapers these days.

by Anonymousreply 85April 2, 2019 3:43 AM

Finished the Setoodeh book. There's lots of space given to the show's first year, the wedding drama with Star leading to her exit, and the two Rosie seasons. Everything else is anecdotal, although the previously published Jenny McCarthy chapter is a big, juicy detour.

There's a lot of dirt, in particular, on Rosie's two tenures -- the dysfunction was rampant backstage both times because she came in during periods of change and wanted to "fix" the show... first to Barbara's chagrin and later to Whoopi's. Rosie comes across as absolutely unhinged here. Her feuds with the various crew members make for the juiciest details.

I think the most exciting new information involves a leaked recording Setoodeh transcribes of Elisabeth blowing up during a commercial break after Barbara scolded her in a "morning after" pill debate (in August of 2006 -- a month before Rosie joined the panel). It's suggested that there were more off-camera moments like this with Elisabeth -- including one after she attempted to publicly shame Bill Maher -- but we, sadly, don't get much on the Whoopi/Joy/Sherri/Elisabeth era, which was clearly more stable, but definitely had its share of dust-ups, especially with Elisabeth. I wanted more there.

Even more disappointing is the utter lack of coverage on everything following Rosie's second departure. The last four seasons are glossed over quickly, and it's glaring. The only co-host from the past four seasons interviewed, aside from Joy, is Meghan. Setoodeh is chummy with Meghan and paints her as something of a savior, refusing to touch the obvious drama suggested by recent reports. This lack of honesty at the end is the book's primary weakness and blunts its entire credibility.

I still recommend it though. It's a quick read.

by Anonymousreply 86April 2, 2019 10:13 AM

I think it’s really shitty that Two Tons gets off easy in the book because she’s friends with the writer. Where as Rosie who had far less on stage tantrums comes off as a nut case. It really is who you’re friends with that dictates your legacy.

by Anonymousreply 87April 2, 2019 12:53 PM

Thanks for the recap r86.

"Savior" is exactly how Meghan sees and conducts herself along with her expert analyst attitude. She must be an even worse nightmare behind the scenes with this deluded opinion of herself.

by Anonymousreply 88April 2, 2019 1:12 PM

I’m picturing Two Tons backstage singing Rainbow High and belting the “I’m their SAVIORRRR that’s what they call me” part

by Anonymousreply 89April 2, 2019 2:12 PM

I'm irrationally annoyed (daily) by Abby's red lips.

by Anonymousreply 90April 2, 2019 3:18 PM

Joy didn't take Vomitous Meghan's "socialism" bait, good, she'll have to keep trying for her split screen moment, ain't gonna happen today.

by Anonymousreply 91April 2, 2019 3:21 PM

Shut the Fuck up Meghan. She’s in a bad mood today. “I miss Whoopi when she’s not here”. That’s because Whoppi never calls her out but Joy doesn’t put up with her shit.

by Anonymousreply 92April 2, 2019 3:22 PM

Fat Barbie is in full meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 93April 2, 2019 3:29 PM

The Beast is angry about Obama "scandals" but can't actually name any Obama scandals.

I believe the audience just laughed at her, if so GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 94April 2, 2019 3:29 PM

The audience laughed when Meghan called them out for booing her. Lol

by Anonymousreply 95April 2, 2019 3:30 PM

Tee hee...Meghan's so predictable.

Meghan: America doesn't want a socialist for president! The Democrats are moving towards socialism and it's going to get Trump re-elected!!! Joy: They don't know what socialism means. Meghan: I DO TOO!! I'M INTELLIGENT!! I'M EDUCATED!! CONSERVATIVES LIKE ME HATED OBAMA'S POLICIES SO THEY ARE SCANDALS IN OUR MINDS!!!

by Anonymousreply 96April 2, 2019 3:34 PM

Christ on a cracker!

Joy deserves an Emmy for not choking the shit out of Meghan today. Honest to God Meghan was horrific today.

by Anonymousreply 97April 2, 2019 3:35 PM

Meghan, what is wrong with you? She should not be anywhere in front of a camera and after today's hissy fit I would hope they'd suspend her but with Whoopi out, I doubt they'd want to lose another regular.

She is so immature and defensive it makes for very uncomfortable viewing. She comes across like a coddled spoiled brat yet her reactions make it seem as if she was raised by a very critical parent. Whatever her problem(s) is it should not be playing out on live tv five times a week. Get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 98April 2, 2019 3:39 PM

Mooghan’s such a nasty bitch. She really sucks the life out of the show. She should be suspended for her performance today.

by Anonymousreply 99April 2, 2019 3:51 PM

But remember according to the new book, Two Tons is the savior.

by Anonymousreply 100April 2, 2019 4:18 PM

That pretty Judge Jeanine Pirouette would make a nice replacement for Meghan. She's open minded and so well spoken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 2, 2019 4:20 PM

They should start a new segment on the show called "What the Democrats should do with Meghan McCain". The Democrats should listen because...

by Anonymousreply 102April 2, 2019 4:31 PM

Hmmm

"What the Democrats should do with Meghan McCain"

or

"What The Democrats Should Do", with Meghan McCain.

Punctuation matters.

by Anonymousreply 103April 2, 2019 4:45 PM

She thinks she's such an expert. It's almost like John McCain won the election. Of course... he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 104April 2, 2019 4:50 PM

I'm wondering if she actually is trying to make her scolding the audience thing her "brand" like a catchphrase. She and her nazi husband probably want to make the audience scolding a premise of their own talk show they're both dreaming about. "Set The Audience Straight With John McCain's Daughter Weekdays at 1:00 p.m., Check your local listings, Executive Producer: Ben Domenech". I don't think I'm too far off in my speculation...

by Anonymousreply 105April 2, 2019 4:58 PM

I think that was one of the meanest things she ever said to Joy that she missed Whoopi when she wasn’t there. Joy acted like she didn’t hear it or understand it. I hope no one told her what was actually said.

by Anonymousreply 106April 2, 2019 4:59 PM

I didn't catch her saying she missed Whoopi, glad I missed it, she agitated me enough with her other repulsive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 107April 2, 2019 5:07 PM

I thought Joy did hear it she said “huh” as in what is this bitch on today and yep it was a very mean thing to say.

And what’s with the ghetto swivelling her head back and forth. I’ve only seen Jerry Springer guests doing that trashy move.

by Anonymousreply 108April 2, 2019 5:41 PM

Meghan has really ramped up the bitch factor since Hasselbeck appeared.

by Anonymousreply 109April 2, 2019 5:58 PM

Well, Hasselbeck DID set the cunt bar pretty high...

by Anonymousreply 110April 2, 2019 6:01 PM

The way Ana looked at Joy when MeGunt said “I miss Whoopi when she’s not here” Priceless. Then she goes on and finally says “I assure you Joy I do” and Joy totally ignores her and goes “Coming up.....” and the audience giggle. Joy handles her like she handled problem kids as a schoolteacher.

by Anonymousreply 111April 2, 2019 6:23 PM

This book is a great read. Here's what I think is a fair assessment. Whereas we probably know most of the story, its more detailed about Rosie, Barbara, and Elisabeth. I've really enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 112April 2, 2019 6:31 PM

I had to go and find the "I miss Whoopi when she's not here" and the look Ana gave that was referenced above. The exchange starts at 3:15-ish and she says it at 4:08-ish and boy did Ana give a look. I really loathe John and Cindy's eyesore spawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 2, 2019 7:16 PM

I just watched it, r113. Totally unpleasant. She's the reason I stopped watching ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 114April 2, 2019 7:24 PM

Wow, arrogant woman!

by Anonymousreply 115April 2, 2019 7:59 PM

Meghan has a bad attitude.

by Anonymousreply 116April 2, 2019 8:43 PM

And a total spoiled brat, r115.

by Anonymousreply 117April 2, 2019 8:46 PM

If Meghan is so omnipotent about how to win an election, perhaps she should have shared her insight with her father.

by Anonymousreply 118April 2, 2019 8:48 PM

“perhaps she should have shared her insight with her father.”

Can you imagine her reaction if Joy said that to her. That braided ponytail would have flew out across the audience!

by Anonymousreply 119April 2, 2019 8:49 PM

What Joy should have said was, "I have two words for you, Sarah Palin."

As for the Beast's comment about Whoopie, Joy should have punched back with, "I miss Elizabeth."

by Anonymousreply 120April 2, 2019 9:00 PM

The fact that this moron mentioned Whoopi by name just made herself look even worse.

It was literally the equivalent of "I want my mommy!!"

by Anonymousreply 121April 2, 2019 9:02 PM

Exactly, r121.

by Anonymousreply 122April 2, 2019 9:37 PM

Did I miss the reaction to Meghan joking about the woman who was murdered when she got in the wrong uber?

by Anonymousreply 123April 2, 2019 9:51 PM

It really was a full blown tantrum. Rosie and Elizabeth’s fight was heartbreaking to watch because you really saw betrayal and heartbreak. With Joy and Two Tons it’s a toddler screaming at an exhausted grandma

by Anonymousreply 124April 2, 2019 10:15 PM

And you wonder why McCain fired his daughter from working on his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 125April 2, 2019 10:20 PM

“With Joy and Two Tons it’s a toddler screaming at an exhausted grandma“

Haha! Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 126April 2, 2019 10:20 PM

I say keep Meghan for the drama. The one they need to get rid of is that arrogant imbecile Sunny. Her IQ is barely in the double digits. Abby seems like a nice person. but very very boring.

by Anonymousreply 127April 2, 2019 10:24 PM

^ I can't stand Sunny's extensions!

by Anonymousreply 128April 2, 2019 10:25 PM

Snake Eyes' nazi husband has probably been feeding her that "I miss Whoopi line" since Whoopi's been out and she finally worked it in today.

by Anonymousreply 129April 2, 2019 10:30 PM

I didn't watch but from the reactions, WOW.

She needs to be put in her place. She is off the rails like a normal repug. She has to get her "socialist" talking points in all the time. It is very calculated. All repugs have to spew talking points because they can't win on issues. Citizens overwhelmingly support Dem polices. They know it and can't compete.

by Anonymousreply 130April 2, 2019 10:31 PM

PMS?

by Anonymousreply 131April 2, 2019 10:33 PM

Ana got whiplash from the WHAT? look at Megunt to Joy's reaction.

by Anonymousreply 132April 2, 2019 10:34 PM

Bipolar?

by Anonymousreply 133April 2, 2019 10:35 PM

Her behavior is more raging drunk in need of a drink than PMS in my opinion. She reminds me so much of Kavanaugh with the twitchy, red face and snarling.

by Anonymousreply 134April 2, 2019 10:37 PM

She shows such amazing disrespect.

by Anonymousreply 135April 2, 2019 10:38 PM

She's become unhinged. Many people have lost parents and are not compelled to weave their legacy into every conversation.

by Anonymousreply 136April 2, 2019 10:40 PM

She always gets very pissed off when she can't spew her Moscow via Heritage Foundation talking points out in exhaustive detail. She was on about Dems are all for open borders and shit which is a blatant lie and she knows it. She has no integrity. She knowingly lies for political gain. They should call her on it.

Why does her lips switch like a rabbit all the time especially when she is pushed on something? Obvious tell?

I'm exhausted with repug talking points. They ALL just push them nonstop it is so fucking obvious. The whole lot of them are disgusting liars, devoid of souls.

by Anonymousreply 137April 2, 2019 10:40 PM

Low blood sugar?

by Anonymousreply 138April 2, 2019 11:01 PM

Megzilla is a spoiled and hateful brat who was probably never told no by either of her parents and now expects the same treatment from the entire world and when she doesn't get it she instantly reverts to angry toddler mode and kicks and screams and cries.

by Anonymousreply 139April 2, 2019 11:03 PM

I want more juice from the book. Spill! I’m not gonna have time to read it until at least next week.

by Anonymousreply 140April 2, 2019 11:05 PM

There was a time she wanted to remake the GOP and was fairly moderate on things. Boy did that change with a vengeance. Husband? Has to be. Typical weak mind who conforms to what their spouse believes.

Now she is a raving lunatic spewing shit and screaming all the time.

She makes watching unpleasant. I think she loves our "president" secretly. She will vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 141April 2, 2019 11:08 PM

I think that her later blow-up about Obama's "scandal-free" administration was much worse. The best part was when Meghan snapped, "I'm used to the audience booing me", and then the audience laughed. LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 142April 2, 2019 11:29 PM

Has the audience ever actually booed her?

by Anonymousreply 143April 2, 2019 11:31 PM

The Beast would never have the balls to bring up the "scandal ridden Obama admin" if Whoopie had been sitting there. Joy was much too laid back with her today. And Ana surprised me by not engaging much with her bullshit since Ana is no shrinking violet.

by Anonymousreply 144April 2, 2019 11:38 PM

^ I think they are taking the right approach. It infuriates her even more.

by Anonymousreply 145April 2, 2019 11:54 PM

Policy differences are not scandals. Bad policy decisions are not scandals. Trump’s Muslim ban is not a “scandal” even though it’s controversial and many disagree vehemently with it, Trump paying off porn stars he’s screwing while married is a scandal. What’s wrong with this dopey dumpling bringing up Iran. The scraggy braid flying around as she popped her neck like a ghetto bitch fighting with her baby daddy was just too much. She is common trash.

by Anonymousreply 146April 2, 2019 11:55 PM

How did the discussion veer from Pete Buttigieg to Meghan’s R talking points of Socialism?

by Anonymousreply 147April 3, 2019 12:17 AM

Here, R147. Earplugs on sale for $1.50/pair in the lobby. Don't forget to order your Spring View mug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 3, 2019 12:20 AM

If they let her go what would we have to bitch about?

by Anonymousreply 149April 3, 2019 12:22 AM

She is fake loving Pete. She wants a weak candidate. Pete, for as great as he is, doesn't stand a chance. But I will hold of final judgment until I see him more. I'd like to be surprised it's just I don't trust her love of him.

Biden better watch out- she is setting him up as well. Her lovefest for him will come crashing down if he is ever in position to win. She will suddenly reveal something and say, "but you guys know I love him and all......"

by Anonymousreply 150April 3, 2019 12:22 AM

She said according to a new poll Americans are most comfortable with a black candidate, then a white male, then a female, then a gay or lesbian. This means times are changing and being gay isn’t the liability it once was. Then she threw in that only 25% of Americans are comfortable with a socialist and of she went. You should watch it to see her hijack the segment just like her Husnazi told her to.

by Anonymousreply 151April 3, 2019 12:22 AM

You're not the moderator, Meghan. Stop trying to undermine Joy by throwing to commercial. Her mother must be mortified watching her throw a hissy fit on national television five days a week.

Here's a glimpse of Meghan in the not too distant future, when she adds another 20 lbs and misses her next appointment with her colorist...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 3, 2019 12:39 AM

Her mother is too drunk to care.

by Anonymousreply 153April 3, 2019 12:40 AM

“People are smart,” McCain replied. “So am I,” fired back Behar. “So am I! So am I! You disagree that I’m smart?” asked McCain.

So Meghan started it by saying people who wouldn’t vote for a socialist are smart, implying those who would (like Joy) are stupid. Then when Joy said “So am I” Meghan thought Joy was calling her dumb!?! She owes Joy and the panel an apology. Abby looked terrified during tantrum 2 when she started shouting that Abby got a “big win” with the Ivanka interview and she deserved big props (after Joy has already congratulated her -twice) You just know she stormed off during the commercial. Ana looked at Joy like “we going in?”, you know if Joy wanted to go toe to toe with Meghan, Ana was going to unleash too.

by Anonymousreply 154April 3, 2019 12:42 AM

I've noticed that sometimes Meghan will veer off topic if the topic isn't likely to go her way. I remember one day some news about Manafort dropped and she managed to change the entire conversation away from Manafort. The other ladies need to shut her down when that happens and bring things back on topic.

by Anonymousreply 155April 3, 2019 12:44 AM

There must be a Republican email blast every morning to remind the flock not to forget to mention SOCIALISM!!!

by Anonymousreply 156April 3, 2019 12:45 AM

and this McNastyJr is why no one invites you to lunch.

by Anonymousreply 157April 3, 2019 12:46 AM

And Two Tons is setting Joe Biden up for a fall.

by Anonymousreply 158April 3, 2019 12:50 AM

R155, the co-hosts are too professional to correct Meghan because that's the moderator's job. That's why Ana looked to Joy for direction. They don't steamroll over their co-host or try to undermine Joy as Meghan does.

Her manipulation of Hot Topics bugs me to no end. They know exactly what topics are going to be discussed on that day's show and I'm sure she's been shot down many times in the pre-show meeting yet she always manages to insert her talking points into the conversation. She has zero respect for her superiors save for possibly Whoopi and that's only because Whoopi kisses her ass. She's so fucking out of control yet no one does a damn thing about it. She actually reminds me of Trump in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 159April 3, 2019 12:53 AM

Since they lost the gay marriage fight they’ve starting using “socialism” as the new gotcha and doubled down on abortion.

If MeAgain came out of the womb such a ‘political animal’ who can predict elections and knows what Democrats have to do to win and knows what Republicans and middle Americans want, why didn’t she share this knowledge with her father who was trounced.

by Anonymousreply 160April 3, 2019 12:54 AM

R156 It comes from Moscow through Heritage at 4:15am EST every day. Seriously. I am not joking. They are literally told what to say daily. They are tight with their messaging and narrative. You'll notice how frantic she gets a few times a week when she goes to her card for the new talking point. She gets almost breathless. It is so obvious. I know when it is coming like a veteran porn actress.

Socialism is the #1 GOP go to and always has been. That hasn't changed. Why? It works and they offer nothing for any of the voters but pain.

They did double down on abortion since they lost gay marriage but don't for a minute think they feel they've lost the war on that.

by Anonymousreply 161April 3, 2019 12:58 AM

R161, I think the other needs need to get those talking points, too, to only prepare for conversations, but also to point out to the audience that that's where Meghan get's her talking points.

by Anonymousreply 162April 3, 2019 1:01 AM

^^the other ladies need

by Anonymousreply 163April 3, 2019 1:02 AM

I wish this was 10 years ago so we could make fun of Star Jones again.

by Anonymousreply 164April 3, 2019 1:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 3, 2019 2:12 AM

[140], most of the juiciest stuff has already been spilled in the past few weeks. But here are some tidbits.

Star was Debbie's best friend on the show, until Debbie was fired and Star stopped returning her calls.

Lauren Sanchez was up for the seat that eventually went to Lisa Ling but Star hated her guts, apparently resenting the fact that she was dating a black man.

The book confirms something that we never knew for sure: Lisa was fired. The numbers dipped at the time, Lisa was the least comfortable sharing details of her personal life (she didn't want to air the fact that her boyfriend had cheated on her), and Geddie/Walters decided the show was too liberal and needed a conservative panelist.

Meredith and Joy tried to stop Star's wedding promotion from dominating the show, but Barbara told them to stand down.

Adding to the "Rosie had a crush on Elisabeth" topic, the interesting thing about their relationship was that as factions were forming behind the scenes of (basically) Rosie vs. the View establishment, Elisabeth was initially on Rosie's side... until the winter/spring of 2007, when Elisabeth "cooled" on Rosie, moved to the other side of the table, and their political debates began to get more heated. That's why Rosie was so upset in their big blow-up.

Barbara (and Geddie) threatened to walk off the show if Rosie's contract was renewed. The network believed she was bluffing. Fortunately for Babs, at the end of March, Rosie went off on her 9/11 conspiracy rant, and indicted the big media companies, including ABC-Disney. The news division was pissed and local affiliates protested. That was the final straw and the network said it couldn't afford Rosie's salary demands, ending negotiations and surprising Rosie. Barbara was thrilled.

Gayle King was almost Rosie's replacement, but in a 2-1 vote (with Barbara and Bill in agreement against producer Alexandra Cohen), they went with Whoopi instead.

Barbara and Elisabeth's q-scores both took a dive after their feuds with Rosie. Elisabeth's never recovered -- it was always around 30% thereafter. But that 30% that liked her apparently left with her too, because the research specified that she took 30% of the audience with her. That's why they kept trying to make Jenny more like Elisabeth and provoke her into fights (with Whoopi).

Rosie and Whoopi met in 2014 to talk about the upcoming season. They both wanted Meghan McCain on the panel, but were vetoed by a new executive whom they both disliked. Their cohesiveness didn't last long. Rosie called a company meeting in the summer and told the crew that it was their job to "make Whoopi better." Someone called Whoopi, who showed up unannounced and confronted Rosie.

Joy and Michelle didn't like each other. Both were supposed to be the comic relief.

In 2016, Barbara wanted to reunite the major cohosts for an anniversary special. Elisabeth refused and effectively killed it.

by Anonymousreply 166April 3, 2019 2:15 AM

Thank you r166.

by Anonymousreply 167April 3, 2019 2:27 AM

Why does Rosie always act as if she is some Oracle who can make everybody better just by her mere presence? Where did she develop her massive ego giving her lack of talent?

by Anonymousreply 168April 3, 2019 2:35 AM

Rosie's girlfriend is a cop in my city. Strange pairing. I have yet to see her around town after 2+ years, so who knows if it's legit.

by Anonymousreply 169April 3, 2019 2:39 AM

Probably six straight years of winning the Emmy for her talk show. That'll do it.

by Anonymousreply 170April 3, 2019 2:40 AM

I want everyone who's worked with Rosie behind-the-scenes to contribute to a tell-all book.

by Anonymousreply 171April 3, 2019 2:41 AM

Get Judy Gold to spill the beans.

by Anonymousreply 172April 3, 2019 2:42 AM

Actually, come to think of it Rooney resembles Hasselbeck.

by Anonymousreply 173April 3, 2019 2:43 AM

Whatever happened to her pianist john McDaniel on her talk show? He seemed to disappear from, ahem, view.

by Anonymousreply 174April 3, 2019 2:45 AM

Believe me, there's plenty of Rosie here. Her two years are given more time than anything else, other than maybe Star's wedding/firing drama and the show's origins.

There's not a lot else, unfortunately.

It really suffers for not having interviewed Whoopi, I think. (And Elisabeth.)

by Anonymousreply 175April 3, 2019 2:49 AM

Rosie has a lot of talent but she can be a bit too controlling. She had great ideas but when they were bad, like ditching the table for those awful chairs, they were bad.

Whoopie treated Rosie like shit. It was painful to watch Whoopie be completely unreasonable to Rosie on air. Whoopie demeaned her on air. If she didn't like something Rosie said, she went for her like few others I have seen. And it wasn't just yelling. Whoopie went for her credibility. I get that Rosie pissed her off and all but Whoopie was very unprofessional and it made me despise her for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 176April 3, 2019 2:52 AM

Trump said Rosie is a loser.

by Anonymousreply 177April 3, 2019 2:53 AM

Rosie can't sing and can't act .Her big talent was throwing koosh balls and pretending to lust after her Tommy and suck up to every TV star she watched in adolescence.

Beyond that what did she do exactly? Obsess over ring dings and Happy Meal figurines?

by Anonymousreply 178April 3, 2019 2:57 AM

R178 She is a great entertainer. That is a huge talent and a rare gift you cannot learn, unlike singing and acting. Rosie's antics on her talk show was a huge hit. Viewers loved what she did.

As with all the singing shows display, plenty of people can sing. Actually getting people to care and be entertained by you is a rare gift and talent.

by Anonymousreply 179April 3, 2019 3:12 AM

On the same show Meghan screeched, “So am I! So am I! You disagree that I’m smart?”, she misused the word “adage “ twice.

by Anonymousreply 180April 3, 2019 3:18 AM

The restraint it took for English teacher Joy not to correct her on "adage" alone is admirable.

by Anonymousreply 181April 3, 2019 3:24 AM

Haven't watched today but this almost sounds like an SNL skit. She needs to be reigned in. She has really changed from her former self. And the lies are disappointing. There is no true "socialist" Democrat and no true "open borders" Democrat. She is lying and shame on her but she will continue to lie and be SHOCKED, I say, SHOCKED the GOP is in the gutter like they are where they allow her father to be denigrated and barely the electoral equivalent allotted to NE came to his defense. She is partly to blame for that. She traffics in lies and the right wing propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 182April 3, 2019 3:27 AM

If the party labels were switched, MeGhan would be castigated for trying to browbeat an old woman. She must be so proud.

by Anonymousreply 183April 3, 2019 3:31 AM

How highly educated is Meghan? I thought she had a BA in Art History and an internship at SNL?

by Anonymousreply 184April 3, 2019 3:34 AM

Me-Gain lots and lots of weight. It's Trump's fault.

by Anonymousreply 185April 3, 2019 3:35 AM

If Rosie is so talented how come she hasn't had a hit since she ended her show? in 2002? It has been one flop after another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 3, 2019 3:41 AM

R186 Easy, her popularity hit bump after bump. She was suffering more and more mental instability. Just because you are a great entertainer does not mean other factors play a role in your success, or lack of.

by Anonymousreply 187April 3, 2019 3:44 AM

Why is she a great entertainer? Specifically. What does she do exactly? What is her skill set?

by Anonymousreply 188April 3, 2019 3:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 3, 2019 3:54 AM

R189 She doesn't need a skill set. She is funny, for one. She has something that engages people. It is what it is. Hollywood isn't full of the most talented. What does it matter if you can sing or act the best when nobody gives a fuck? Entertaining people is a true gift.

by Anonymousreply 190April 3, 2019 3:56 AM

R190,

What has she ever said that was funny in particular that you remember?

by Anonymousreply 191April 3, 2019 4:06 AM

R191 You're tiresome. And seem triggered.

by Anonymousreply 192April 3, 2019 4:15 AM

The real story from the book, for me, is that Rosie is a fucking nutcase. Sweet Jesus that woman has issues. You name it, she has it. I tend to believe it because it was sourced from multiple people in the book, both from the View, her talk show, and Rosie herself who WAY overshared.

by Anonymousreply 193April 3, 2019 4:16 AM

R192, Why would I be triggered? This is an anonymous message board. I asked you to come up with a particular moment where she was funny and you couldn't come up with any.

Which is kind of my point. She has no discernible talent. Even her magazine folded.

But she has one thing going for her. Persistence.

by Anonymousreply 194April 3, 2019 4:34 AM

No, R194, JoLo has no discernible talent and the only thing she has going for her is persistence, whoring herself out on Instagram and of course, fucking celebs for the exposure.

I agree with the anon who feels Rosie has the rare gift of connecting with her audience. I used to watch her show each morning and she could have interviewed Miss Turnip 1996 and still made it a fun and breezy interview. I remember they started doing a bit on the show where they would have a mystery guest and Rosie would interview them cold without any prep. She was a natural chatty and engaging person who fit the morning talk show host gig like a glove.

Her downfall was allowing her depression and other issues to come to the forefront while she was on the air. The show began to suffer after Columbine where she would sit at her desk and literally cry for the first ten minutes of the show. The Queen of Nice was no more and the illusion was shattered.

by Anonymousreply 195April 3, 2019 4:38 AM

R193, can you share some stories? I don't plan on buying this book.

by Anonymousreply 196April 3, 2019 4:43 AM

R195 had a good answer for me.

Yeah, her ability to connect like that WAS her great gift. And her mental illness compromised it for sure.

Sad to see her fall apart and fail because of the depression and anger issues. Her constant need to control and be a right fighter all the time.

by Anonymousreply 197April 3, 2019 4:47 AM

I think Rosie or someone on the View staff keeps making this thread happen. Never met a gay man or lesbian who watches this crap.

by Anonymousreply 198April 3, 2019 4:52 AM

She has an eidetic memory. She memorized the script for Seusical the Musical in an hour, had a rehearsal and performed the next day.

She can identify songs in two notes; she knows the lyrics to everything.

I love my Ro!

by Anonymousreply 199April 3, 2019 5:15 AM

And we had l e m o n drops...

by Anonymousreply 200April 3, 2019 5:20 AM

Meghan really is her own worst enemy, because her intentions were pure today. She doesn't want the unelectable Bernie Sanders to win the nomination. Anyone who thinks she has ulterior motives in being smitten with Joe, Kamala, Pete or Stacey is watching wrong and doesn't understand how she operates.

by Anonymousreply 201April 3, 2019 5:33 AM

According to the book:

-Rosie was a control freak on her own show -She brought this to the View. She basically took over the show and wanted to make it her original show -After Barbara didn't defend her about Trump, she tore into her in the green room, saying that it's no wonder her daughter didn't talk to her -molested by her father -described herself as being in a platonic lesbian relationship with Elizabeth (which was mutual according to others) -tore into Ellen for not properly respecting Streisand -when she came back to the show, she implied Whoopi was the new Barbara (on her way out) -constantly fought with/undermined Whoppi

Nobody in the book, absolutely nobody, says anything nice about her. Joy came the closest, but also resented how she took over the show in 2006. But Ro is perhaps her own worst enemy - the stuff she gives up in her interview is a PR agents worst nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 202April 3, 2019 6:24 AM

Oh, and apparently Rosie is a self diagnosing hypochondriac.

by Anonymousreply 203April 3, 2019 6:25 AM

I can't believe both Whoopi and Rosie wanted Meghan McCain to join the show back in 2014. What the hell did they see in her? Look at how she behaves for goodness sake.

by Anonymousreply 204April 3, 2019 6:35 AM

Meghan McCain in 2014 was a different person

by Anonymousreply 205April 3, 2019 6:36 AM

R205, she may have been more of a moderate Republican and not a "hardcore Conservative" as she likes to say but those uh, specific personality traits were well entrenched in childhood. She would have behaved in the same manner she just would have blown up for different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 206April 3, 2019 6:43 AM

Lots of Megan Joy fireworks today. (actually Joy didn't react much to her. Just went to commercial during the tirade.)

by Anonymousreply 207April 3, 2019 9:37 AM

Joy makes her look totally unhinged by ignoring her. I was watching in the break from at work and he all burst out laughing when Joy ignored her and threw to a commercial.

Was Barbara interviewed for the book? I thought she was too ill but in a snippet i saw is quoting Babs. Where is he getting the quotes, from her book or other interviews maybe? I assume it’s not recent.

by Anonymousreply 208April 3, 2019 9:49 AM

Let me try again, long threads are crashing my browser before I can fix autocorrects.

I was watching in the break room at work and we all burst out laughing when Joy ignored her and threw to a commercial.

by Anonymousreply 209April 3, 2019 9:50 AM

[quote]Was Barbara interviewed for the book?

I believe only Hasselback and Sherri Sheppard refused to talk. Everyone else did. Barbara isn't as bad off as people make it sound I think. Rosie blogs that she still talks to her frequently.

by Anonymousreply 210April 3, 2019 9:56 AM

Walters was always so damn touchy and phony and humorless. Rosie gets a bad rap. She was mostly fun, the first time around. Of course she has talents. Plenty of them. Regardless the show absolutely WAS more fun and a better flow before. Rosie was great as a moderator but a terrible pissed off co host with Whoopi in that role. The poster here who keeps trashing Rosie is one of Whoopi's few remaining fans. There is nothing more true in this book than the claim that Whoopi is the meanest woman in show business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 3, 2019 10:55 AM

I love that the book calls out Faye Dunaway for living up get her status as a DL anointed cunt.

by Anonymousreply 212April 3, 2019 11:59 AM

Dollars to donuts Nutmeg called Whoopi last night crying & begging her to leave her sick bed to come back to work.

by Anonymousreply 213April 3, 2019 1:04 PM

I know that it won’t happen but Meghan should apologize on air to Joy today. Nastily saying I miss Whoopi is such a cunty thing to say. She’s saying that Joy can’t moderate like Whoopi and basically saying that Joy sucks as moderator. I do love how Joy doesn’t let Meghan get to her. Joy just moves on to commercial or the next topic.

by Anonymousreply 214April 3, 2019 1:21 PM

The clip at R211 was funny because of the way Rosie needled Barbara. But it also shows something that annoys me about Rosie. She humble bragged a LOT about how rich she was and how many celeb friends she had.

In fact, on the day of the split-screen blow-up, the mood was weird the entire show. The women were talking about something, and Rosie nonchalantly said, "I'm rich." Joy sarcastically replied to her, "Congratulations."

by Anonymousreply 215April 3, 2019 1:33 PM

I love Rosie but it's no secret she's one of the most 'difficult' personalities to deal with in Hollywood. Even on her current show SMILF she was snitching on people and causing trouble behind the scenes (and I agree with her on that one, calling out the bad behaviour). But you have to wonder how she still gets hired.

Half of Wendy Williams' crew was on the original Rosie show (including Brendan and Suzanne for those who know, both producers and showrunners). I remember one time Wendy let slip on the air (when talking about Rosie's messy relationship with her kids) that some of her staff told her Rosie was beyond unstable and hard to work with. That she had a lot of 'tic's and you had to walk on eggshells, and that she could understand the daughter trying to get away from her.

On another note, I thought Whoopi WAS interviewed for the book? It was originally marketed (by Sherri and others) as a book that every one contributed to *except* Elisabeth. Is it possible Whoopi asked for her interview to be redacted once her publicists found out the others had called her out? And decided to stand in silent protest with Hasselbeck? Hmm

by Anonymousreply 216April 3, 2019 2:29 PM

I remember Kathie Lee Gifford once saying how Rosie "sucked all the air out of the room". Sounds like an apt description. She is exhausting to those around her.

by Anonymousreply 217April 3, 2019 2:36 PM

Have they addressed the book at all on the show?

by Anonymousreply 218April 3, 2019 2:55 PM

R217 ironic statement coming out of kathie lee Gifford’s mouth.

by Anonymousreply 219April 3, 2019 3:00 PM

Ugh, Abby baby shower today. Hope this means she's going on maternity leave next week or even better this week.

by Anonymousreply 220April 3, 2019 3:02 PM

Party time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221April 3, 2019 3:03 PM

Joy made Abby her famous lasagna.

The Beast cackling with glee that she won't be getting a lasagna from Joy.

by Anonymousreply 222April 3, 2019 3:07 PM

Rosie would be a nightmare to work with. I worked with someone similar. He was extremely moody. 70 percent of the time, he was the nicest guy in the world; he had a huge heart. But the other 30 percent of the time? He was a walking ball of anger, just rolling around and waiting for someone to say the wrong thing so he could unload his fury on them. He would get personal and say nasty personal things--in front of anyone in earshot--that had nothing to do with the issue at hand. Then the next day, he'd walk up to you and start joking around like nothing had happened the day before. And if you didn't laugh at his jokes, then he called you a miserable person who held a grudge.

The first or two times it happened, he or his boss would apologize, and you'd brush it off and move on. But by the third time, going to work felt like living with an abusive spouse. You were afraid to give him bad news because you didn't want to be the trigger for his next eruption; he would yell at the messenger. And sometimes, he'd yell at you because of what he THOUGHT you were saying...even if you were talking about something completely different. It's hell working with someone like that, and you're constantly trying to avoid them to protect yourself from their next shitstorm.

I can't imagine living with someone like that. Well, actually, I can. My mom is like that. When you woke up in the morning, you didn't know what "mom" was going to be out in the living room waiting for you. It might be the mom who smothers you in hugs and kisses because she's going to miss you while you're at at school...or it might be the mom who SCREAMS at you for 2 minutes because at the breakfast table you sniffled your nose to prevent snot from coming out, and it reminded her of someone she didn't like.

by Anonymousreply 223April 3, 2019 3:18 PM

I've always been fascinated with the question: should bipolar people be given a pass for the vicious shit they say during their mood swings? I remember watching an episode of Dr. Phil where he confronted a moody shrew and said to her "Yelling at people is how you get your little high." Can they control the impulse to yell? My argument is that they practice enough self-control to avoid killing people who anger them, so they can practice a little more self control and avoid screaming at people.

When I'm angry or sad, I try to isolate myself from other people so that I don't pass my bad energy on to them. But a lot of these moody fucks like to engage people when they're already; I think they enjoy the adrenaline of raising their voices, seeing shock and panic in people's eyes, and watch people scramble around to get away or try to appease them. They must walk into the office thinking, "I got screwed over by 5 people in traffic; there's no way I can get back at those over drivers. The first person who pisses me off at work is going to get it."

by Anonymousreply 224April 3, 2019 3:25 PM

Camera panned away for Chelsea Clinton's hug with McNastyJr.

by Anonymousreply 225April 3, 2019 3:26 PM

The fact that Megladon's husband is the behind the scenes boss should have disqualified her as a panelist because he's always going to do his best to make Megbitch look good, Joy should just really tear into her one time so when she screams and cries to her hubby to protect her he will look to the audience like the pussy whipped shit bag he really is.

by Anonymousreply 226April 3, 2019 3:31 PM

Chelsea sounds so much like Romy it makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 227April 3, 2019 3:33 PM

It’s astounding how Megan insists on making absolutely everything about her.

Today she made a room full of pregnant women about her being not pregnant.

She made Joy’s gift of a homemade lasagna to Abby about how Joy won’t make a lasagna for her.

She made the attack against Chelsea Clinton about her own (hypothetical) reaction to hecklers.

Astounding.

by Anonymousreply 228April 3, 2019 3:33 PM

Ooooh... a photo of moogan's dad.. who would have thunk? McCain is always thrown in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 229April 3, 2019 3:41 PM

It takes one to know one, R219. But the difference is KLG doesn't publicly blow up at people and has a personal faith that grounds her.

But yeah, they both love basking in the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 230April 3, 2019 3:42 PM

They showed a photo of Meghan's dad? Did they do it during Chelsea's segment? If so, how horrible to be pressured to worship the grown man who publicly bullied you--when you were a child--for something that was beyond your control.

by Anonymousreply 231April 3, 2019 3:45 PM

Yep, showed the picture during Chelsea's segment. I can just imagine The Beast in the morning meeting squawking and shrieking about how it would be the perfect thing to do and she knows this because she is smart ya know.

by Anonymousreply 232April 3, 2019 3:48 PM

moogan looks like a big tomato in that red.

by Anonymousreply 233April 3, 2019 3:50 PM

Mooghan can’t even let a segment about PREGNANCY be about someone else. Give her her own show already, and let her fall flat on her face. She’s unbearable. Every second of every day has to be about her.

by Anonymousreply 234April 3, 2019 3:51 PM

Rosie can be a nice person, and is extremely generous. I made a donation to her Broadway Kids, and she actually called and offered to make a piece of art for me.

About a month later, I received a small wall sculpture of a heart and a bunch of swag.

by Anonymousreply 235April 3, 2019 3:53 PM

Rosie, Whoopi and Elizabeth Hasselbeck= too much in your face.. The general topics were secondary to getting these three in your face.. Reality TV at its worst......All for ratings. For a moderator of ten years can’t Whoopi dress more appropriately.. what a mess

by Anonymousreply 236April 3, 2019 3:53 PM

Abby's baby is pretty.. sweet.

by Anonymousreply 237April 3, 2019 3:54 PM

Rosie needs to go back to standup that way it's her that is solely in control.

by Anonymousreply 238April 3, 2019 3:54 PM

Do viewers actually buy all this View Your Deal junk? Or is it just a way for the show to earn more advertiser dollars?

by Anonymousreply 239April 3, 2019 3:55 PM

That was nice of Rosie and generous of you to donate to a good cause.

by Anonymousreply 240April 3, 2019 3:57 PM

People have forgotten how even Oprah had gone Jerry Springer when Rosie decided to have a talk show that was 'nice.' She didn't really ever pretend to be the most wonderful person in the world she just made a point of having her show be about something other than mocking the desperate people with their trainwreck problems.

She is a mild trainwreck herself compared to the shit Jerry Springer level tabloid TV she tried to replace. To her credit the idea that someone could play nice on daytime TV and get ahead has remained a part of entertainment (Ellen's show tends to be blandly pleasant.)

Also Rosie's habit of being unhinged was directly connected to the escalating hate and death threats she got from the NRA people over her statements about guns. Being the target of their hate is a super shitty place to be and Rosie was there AND in the closet AND kinda fat and female AND kinda bipolar with only her experience as a stand up comic to fall back on. So starting with how miserable most stand up comics tend to be it is hardly a surprise she is an angry, mean mess. Her Queen of Nice image was entirely on her decision to have a TV show that didn't celebrate domestic disputes and toothless cousin creepers and their paternity tests.

by Anonymousreply 241April 3, 2019 4:18 PM

The format of Rosie’s show was not the format of Donahue or Jerry or Oprah or Ricki Lake. Rosie’s Show was an updated version of the Mike Douglas Show or the Merv Griffin Show—celebrity interviews.

by Anonymousreply 242April 3, 2019 4:24 PM

Rosie's show was the kind of place Sally Ann Howes could go to promote the re-release of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on VHS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 3, 2019 4:26 PM

The reason I donated to Rosie is because I liked her attempt to revitalize the Tony's and her program to expose kids to the arts. And promoting Broadway on her show.

Don't forget, besides her daytime Emmy wins, she has a primetime Emmy for hosting the show as well as an honorary Tony.

It doesn't bother me she's a little nuts- I'm not dating her.

by Anonymousreply 244April 3, 2019 4:37 PM

Yes, r239. I bought a barefoot dreams sweater at half price for my sister for Christmas. I went back a few hours later to get one for my niece and they were sold out.

by Anonymousreply 245April 3, 2019 4:38 PM

Rosie showcased the hell out of Broadway too. But that doesn't change the fact that she got her Queen of Nice title for bucking a trend towards outrageous content not because she was reputed to be a sweet person.

I totally remember people being all 'but Howard Stern is actually nice in real life -- he is only a shit on the radio because it is funny' as if that wasn't the point. Rosie tried to make her show less of a daytime downer regardless of how caustic her personality might be in real life. A friend of mine worked briefly with Howard Stern and often told me he was the nicest guy ever - but as someone who only heard him through the radio I really didn't care. His show was consistently unpleasant and casually hateful. There were so many white male comics who were furious that Rose got a magazine cover as the Queen of Nice in spite of the fact none of them could be polite to a woman or a gay man in front of an audience if their life depended on it much less have a show where not being a self-congratulatory asshole was a requirement.

by Anonymousreply 246April 3, 2019 4:47 PM

r239 I bought a 5 port USB charge hub several months ago. I had been meaning to buy one anyways. They had them half-off and in a whole bunch of colors so it was too good to pass up.

by Anonymousreply 247April 3, 2019 4:48 PM

I also knew someone who worked for Howard and said he was a lovely man. She was a young pretty girl at the time and he was a gentleman. When her time was up he took the time to write a personalized reference letter for her and each kid on the program. She also worked on Joan Rivers’ radio show and loved Joan. She said real life Joan was soft spoken, maternal, generous and a bit shy. She married a man who did a stint at Letterman and hated Dave so much that he still can’t stand to hear his name. Said he was Johnnny Carson all over again, an egotistical, insecure pig who treated all his staff like shit and pumped and dumped female employees. During the pumping phase he would give them final say on important decisions when they were only interns and had no clue what they were doing.

by Anonymousreply 248April 3, 2019 5:05 PM

R226

Are you just being flip or does NutMeg's husband actually work behind the scenes at The Biew. That will piss me off even more.

by Anonymousreply 249April 3, 2019 5:53 PM

He doesnt, r249, but it's widely believed that MMs talking points come directly from him.

by Anonymousreply 250April 3, 2019 5:58 PM

Ha!

We could hijack this thread with rumors about how nice Howard Stern was when no one was looking. It really is stunning that the self styled 'sleazy' King of All Media managed to create such a consistently toxic product in spite of being a smart and generous guy who actually appears to respect people and want the best for others.

by Anonymousreply 251April 3, 2019 6:02 PM

Agree with r250, her nazi husband doesn't work there but he has influence through her and her blue cards. His influence was really evident when they did that couple minutes long tribute to the death of some little known writer from his site The Federalist. Major stars and known celebrities have had much sorter tributes and only been mentioned briefly in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 252April 3, 2019 6:03 PM

Abby's baby is pretty? or sweet? or pretty sweet? lol I missed today's episode so don't know if her baby was on or what? She seemed like an average baby last time she was on though.

by Anonymousreply 253April 3, 2019 6:32 PM

I used to work at a place Howard frequented. He was always nice and decent, but more than anything quiet and reserved.

by Anonymousreply 254April 3, 2019 6:35 PM

I recall, many years ago, some guy called Howard's old K-Rock show. He attended the same college as Howard, was in some of his classes and knew him, but wasn't a close friend.

The guy revealed Howard was nothing like the persona he created. The guy went on to say Howard was extremely intelligent, did extremely well in school and was absolutely nothing like the shock jock misogynist image which made him super rich. Howard was flummoxed by the call, that was one of the first times I can recall Howard becoming speechless! Howard cut the guy off, then basically moved on to the next call. Robin was laughing, as usual, and asked, "What the heck was that about?!" As if she didn't know!

Howard sure doesn't want anyone to know who he really is. Especially not the male fans who adore his image.

by Anonymousreply 255April 3, 2019 6:45 PM

Both Elisabeth are Meghan were once moderate Republicans. When they married, both became hardcore conservatives spitting out right wing buzzwords like they have Tourette’s. Elisabeth was raised by liberal cafeteria Catholics, she only became a Jesus freak when she marrried Hasselbeck.

by Anonymousreply 256April 3, 2019 7:01 PM

Abby’s baby is very cute. She has big eyes and big lips.

by Anonymousreply 257April 3, 2019 7:35 PM

I’ve started the book. Is the episode about the morning after pill where Elisabeth ran off the set online? I’m not sure what season that was. I’m howling laughing at the transcription from the hot mics that he includes. What a shitshow that day was,

by Anonymousreply 258April 3, 2019 8:28 PM

R258 Geres Babs reading Liz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 3, 2019 8:35 PM

LOL at "Calm down, Elisabeth!", and then the audience erupts in applause. What does Barbara think when she watches Meghan flip out daily?

by Anonymousreply 260April 3, 2019 8:47 PM

Thanks r259

by Anonymousreply 261April 3, 2019 9:01 PM

r26....she thinks "Baba make poo-poo"

by Anonymousreply 262April 3, 2019 9:06 PM

R256 No, she was already a Jeebus freak on the second season of Survivor when she was still Elizabeth Filarsky.

by Anonymousreply 263April 3, 2019 9:10 PM

Exactly, she's shitting herself and drooling over her next lolly.

by Anonymousreply 264April 3, 2019 9:12 PM

My mother has dementia and shits herself. Not funny for those of us who have to clean that shit up and change their underwear and put cream on their behinds day after frickin' day!

But hey, carry on. I know the rules around here.

by Anonymousreply 265April 3, 2019 9:50 PM

Ugh. I already blocked the troll from the past few weeks who was obsessed with mentioning Barbara's diapers. Now there are more?

by Anonymousreply 266April 3, 2019 11:29 PM

The more I watch Abby, the more I realize that she is actually a nice person, and the more I like her. And the more I realize how she isn't cut out for this type of political journalism/punditry/debate type of thing. She isn't built for tv media at all, but for all the right reasons.

And her baby is cute, but nothing special. I am sure she will be an adorable child though. Looks like a mix of her and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 267April 3, 2019 11:41 PM

r259 THANK YOU! I didn't know it, but Barbara Walters using the term "sex pervert" was something I'm glad I heard. It's a good one.

by Anonymousreply 268April 3, 2019 11:54 PM

Abby looks like a deer in the headlights or like she just wants to hide under the table every time they bring up the "gotcha" moment with her good friend Ivanka. It was a fluke and wasn't meant to be anything more than a softball question that she didn't even follow up on anyway.

Wonder if Journalist Abby and her husband still socialize with Javanka after that....

by Anonymousreply 269April 3, 2019 11:57 PM

Joy is running circles around Whoopi as a moderator. Whoopi is blind (can’t read cue cards), stupid and not well read. She’s a stupid stoner and that’s why McGunt loves her. They get loaded together.

I love that Ana, Sunny and Joy have formed an immovable bloc against McGunt and Abby is struggling hard to tie the Republicunt Reagan manifesto. She hates McGunt, you can see her cringe every time Moo opens her fat twat. McGunt better back down, Joy’s from Brooklyn and is an old guard feminist. She’ll clean that bleached Gunt as soon as look at her.

by Anonymousreply 270April 4, 2019 12:31 AM

TOE*

by Anonymousreply 271April 4, 2019 12:31 AM

R270, Whoopi can't articulate her points well either. Joy isn't much better in that regard but at least she's an improvement. Whoopi puts a lot of bluster in her stance on issues which makes her come across well to some, I guess. But if you only listen to her words without the aggression behind them she doesn't sound very educated.

by Anonymousreply 272April 4, 2019 12:35 AM

I loved that Joy made a lasagna for Abby's family & sent another home to Whoopi.

It chapped Meghan's ass so bad saying what does she have to do to get one.

I'd have paid a month's salary if Joy had shot back- Quit and I'll make you one!

by Anonymousreply 273April 4, 2019 12:40 AM

I would have the lasagna analyzed for poison Meghan if Joy makes it for you.

by Anonymousreply 274April 4, 2019 12:53 AM

Joy should tell MeMe if she loses 100 lbs. she'll make her one.

by Anonymousreply 275April 4, 2019 1:08 AM

Joy also pooh-poohed her own lasagna making skills. “It’s just a lasagna.....”

I found that charming.

by Anonymousreply 276April 4, 2019 1:47 AM

The View Instagram has pics of Abby and her daughter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 4, 2019 1:48 AM

"No cheap sausage, I'm warning you"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 4, 2019 1:48 AM

Babsy WaWa makes doo doos in her diapers.

by Anonymousreply 279April 4, 2019 1:52 AM

You're right, R269. Sometimes I wonder if Megan brings that up to (a few times now) to make it worse for Abby, her praise is just to rub salt in it so to speak. I wonder. I also think that Ivanka probably isn't outright angry with Abby, but I bet there is a tacit strain on the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 280April 4, 2019 1:58 AM

I can't unsee the image of Barbara sitting in a shit-filled diaper wearing clown makeup.

by Anonymousreply 281April 4, 2019 2:07 AM

R277 Abby almost looks Hispanic in those pics.

by Anonymousreply 282April 4, 2019 2:16 AM

I was surprised to hear Abby say that the first person she called when she learned that she was pregnant with twins was Megan.

Really? She didn’t call a sister or her mother or some other close friend?.

If Abby and Megan truly are best friends, they certainly don’t act like it. Abby seems more than a little bit afraid of Megan,

by Anonymousreply 283April 4, 2019 2:21 AM

I think she's embarrassed by her behavior, R283. Whenever Meghan goes off during Hot Topics (which is practically every damn day) I always look for Abby's reaction. She's younger than Meghan yet she and Meghan are like night and day when it comes to maturity.

by Anonymousreply 284April 4, 2019 2:28 AM

It never seems to occur to anyone on DL that Meghan might be a bit different off camera? She's not cut out for this job and it shows. Her insecurity and defensiveness are embarrassing. And she's crass and sometimes mean. She's in way over her head. Whoopi should be shot for bolstering her but Whoopi always supports the stupidest co hosts. She's very insecure and defensive herself.

I'm sure Meghan is an OK friend to Abby. She once was a cool enough chick. But she's having a breakdown and ABC doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 285April 4, 2019 2:33 AM

Poor Al.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286April 4, 2019 2:42 AM

Starlet is so damn shady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287April 4, 2019 2:49 AM

Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 4, 2019 2:53 AM

I'm only on page 20 of the book, but where are all these Barbara quotes coming from? They seem to be present-tense, but I thought Barbara had dementia or something. She also doesn't ever really dish like the things that are quoted here.

There are also a lot of typos ... just in 20 pages. The writing is not so good. He tries to write sentences in ways he thinks will sound more interesting or complex but really just take longer to read. It's like grading undergrad essays all over again.

by Anonymousreply 289April 4, 2019 2:55 AM

R62 - This is a funny coincidence. Geddie and another producer took Meredith out to Cafe Fiorello where they made the decision to hire her (they were testing to see if she could be funny). It's on page 22 of the book. `Is it that good?

by Anonymousreply 290April 4, 2019 3:24 AM

Barbara doesn't seem like the type to contribute anecdotes for an exposé on one of her shows. She's always considered herself a journalist first and foremost and although she loosened up a bit when she appeared on the show her personality was always a bit stiff upper lip. I don't understand why she bothered to give this author the time of day and I don't see how she or her legacy benefits from allowing her name to be attached to this bitchfest. (The book, not the show, lol.)

by Anonymousreply 291April 4, 2019 3:32 AM

Abby sometimes, though I am hesitant to say this, seems genuinely like she absolutely is mortified by the current GOP and their leader. It is almost like she would not be leaning right if not for her family.

I decided not to watch yesterday's show with Meg freaking out. No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 292April 4, 2019 3:44 AM

Abby is John Huntsmans daughter....he is the Ambassador to Russia under Trump.

by Anonymousreply 293April 4, 2019 3:47 AM

R293 Yes, Rose, we are aware. :)

He was Obama's ambassador to China, too.

by Anonymousreply 294April 4, 2019 3:49 AM

No and wrong r285, she’s not in over her head, she’s a raging bitch. She got kicked off her father’s campaign, she got booted from Fox and somehow her awful personality got hidden for years because of a good publicist or GOP loyalty or some bullshit. Now, she’s showing everyone who she really is and people HATE HER. That’s why she’s such a bitch. Just compare her to Abby who is as much of an heiress as she is. Abby is not a hateful witch. Moo is well aware that people laugh at her bitchiness, her asshole father, her crackhead mother and her unbearable appearance and personality. She married someone so beneath her because who the hell else would take that mess on if there wasn’t some sort of huge payday.

by Anonymousreply 295April 4, 2019 3:50 AM

Goodness R295. But we're all weak vessels. You complained as much about beautiful Candace, who couldn't be sweeter. A finer nature or a prettier woman you'll not find. Perhaps you are jealous of their youth and beauty? I would pray on that if I were you. Jesus loves you.

by Anonymousreply 296April 4, 2019 4:11 AM

Go have another nose job r296. Lucky number 4!

by Anonymousreply 297April 4, 2019 4:14 AM

If Abby were to act like Meghan every time Meghan had a hissy fit on the show Abby would be rolling her eyes and cutting her off to say, God, shut up, Meghan. You're such a drama queen." Can you imagine Abby acting like such a spoiled brat by bringing herself down to Meghan's level? I can't.

by Anonymousreply 298April 4, 2019 4:17 AM

Oh, and forgot to add, isn’t Abby’s father still married to wife #1 while crackhead Cindy is wife 2 or 3, as is the fine GOP custom?

by Anonymousreply 299April 4, 2019 4:42 AM

Barbara was kind of a cunt to Elizabeth there. Maybe I'm just so used to MM that Elizabeth's response didn't come across as that over the top.

by Anonymousreply 300April 4, 2019 5:15 AM

I just read the View book. It’s basically a 300 page book about how devious Barbara Walters was and how everyone HATED Rosie with a passion of a thousand suns.

NOBODY had anything nice to say about her.

by Anonymousreply 301April 4, 2019 5:52 AM

How is that a big reveal, everyone knew/knows Barbare Walters is a hateful back stapping cunt that worked to destroy any woman she felt even the slightest threatened by.

by Anonymousreply 302April 4, 2019 5:55 AM

I'm fascinated that no one had anything good to say about Rosie. I might just get the book now to read about how awful she was. I knew she was a little nutso but I guess it's much worse than I imagined.

by Anonymousreply 303April 4, 2019 5:55 AM

Stabbing...Fucking autocorrect!

by Anonymousreply 304April 4, 2019 5:57 AM

Two Tons wants Biden to run because she knows he'll lose. When Joy and Abby mentioned Pete Buttigieg, she smirked disapprovingly because Pete is going to be a contender.

by Anonymousreply 305April 4, 2019 10:05 AM

Cafe Fiorello was been there for ages. My aunt used to take me to the city every December, we saw the ballet and ate there. It’s not fancy but it’s delicious. I’ve seen Regis eating there, Bob Iger was taking a meeting in a booth down the back once. The Italian wedding soup is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 306April 4, 2019 11:29 AM

Joy , was she behind Michelle's downfall?

by Anonymousreply 307April 4, 2019 12:49 PM

What’s strange about the book is it goes in depth about how much Rosie and Nicolle didn’t get along during The View and Nicolle didn’t have much good to say about her in the book, yet they appear to be friendly now.

Same with Joy and Rosie. They trade barbs in the book a little bit, but claim to be friends.

Isn’t that kind of Rosie in a nutshell? Even your “friends” can’t really stand you?

by Anonymousreply 308April 4, 2019 12:53 PM

What's the tea on Meghan being let go from her father's campaign?

by Anonymousreply 309April 4, 2019 1:17 PM

I’m about half way through, agree it’s not well written and can be confusing trying to figure where he’s getting the quotes and when he spoke to them. So far, I’ve enjoyed the chapter on Elisabeth’s meltdown over the morning after pill debate. There’s something so absurdly funny about the utter chaos going on backstage seconds before the show going live again, the mics picking everything up and Joy calmly fixing herself in the mirror. I laughed at Joy spreading it around that Star had unknowingly stepped on a mouse in her dressing room and killed it. Interesting that Rosie blames Joy for bringing up George Bush and in her opinion instigating the split screen feud.

by Anonymousreply 310April 4, 2019 1:29 PM

Barbara: “Elisabeth, calm down dear!”

How I wish Barbara had been there for one of Meghan’s hissyfits.

by Anonymousreply 311April 4, 2019 2:52 PM

Seems tame now, right r311?

Joy and Rosie brought that up on Andy Cohen, and Joy admitted her started it. Joy also said in the book that she didn't like Rosie taking over the show the first time. But they seem to get along great otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 312April 4, 2019 3:39 PM

Joy also seemed to be mostly upset about Meredith leaving. On WWHL she actually said she was "at sea" about that, and that Barbara was "acting crazy that year."

That first Rosie year really does seem to be a pivotal point in the show. It became a different animal after that, and seemingly a much more hostile place back stage. I'm sure there were a lot of lower-level hirings and firings as well that year.

by Anonymousreply 313April 4, 2019 3:48 PM

Meredith was the rare breed. Everyone loved her at the table, behind the scenes as well as viewers.

She really was a steadying force & things got progressively rocky without her.

by Anonymousreply 314April 4, 2019 3:56 PM

Taraji is such a liar. Things aren’t great at Empire. Ratings are at an all time low - they only have a quarter of the viewers they had 4 years ago. Jussie is not fine.

by Anonymousreply 315April 4, 2019 3:58 PM

Fuck you, Sunny. She brings up reparations AGAIN when she asked Rep Tim Ryan about the subject yet when Taraji comes on the former prosecutor just sits there smiling at her like the wannabe starfucker she is. She doesn't ask one hardball question about Smollett, No, they left that for Meghan as Sunny continued to sit there smiling at Taraji like an idiot with absolutely no follow-up questions on Jussie.

Hey Sunny, how about you repay the NYC taxpayers for your family's decades of subsidies in public housing. Let's start there and see what's left in the till for your constant OTT reparations demands.

And Ana can go to hell with her "Leave Joe Biden alone! The women should have said something" bullshit. Of course, it would seem perfectly harmless to her to have an old man pushing up against her while smelling her hair because she's married to a 71-year-old. Topics like this show her cultural upbringing clashing with an American's sensibilities. Sometimes she's so off base with her comments. I agreed with Sunny's response.

Oh, and Meghan lights up when she finds out the Dem Rep Ryan is a hunter. Sick bitch.

by Anonymousreply 316April 4, 2019 4:16 PM

What kind of follow-up question to Taraji about Jussie were you expecting?

by Anonymousreply 317April 4, 2019 4:51 PM

The book actually has a lot of moments that made me laugh. I don't know if you'd find these funny but here goes:

1. Star Jones finished her audition (held in two hotel suites) and rather than leaving with the rest of the candidates, she decided to walk into the room where the producers were observing the next round of candidates & decided she'd sit through the process to see who would be chosen. The producer was like "get the fuck out of here - what are you doing?" and she says "I'm in this business. I'm a producer. I'm a lawyer!" And he was still like fuck off, bitch! lmao. And Bill Geddie was warned Star was difficult and Geddie says "I could always handle difficult people. Well, I hadn't met Rosie yet."

2. Debbie M was so freaked out by the other women waiting to audition that she decided to leave. But right outside the door was Barbara. Barbara said "I'm so glad you came Debbie" and grabbed her by the arm and walked her back into the room "like a lost puppy."

Interesting tidbits (so far, I'm not done still)

1. Barbara did not want an audience, but that tested poorly.

2. Barbara tested with the panel and then Joy tested with the panel in her place (since Joy was the original BW replacement). Joy's scores were higher than Barbara's scores.

3. Barbara is a huge mega cunt BUT she's also very insecure and terrified of making mistakes in her professional life (this comes up quite a lot when they were deciding how to launch the show).

3a. Barbara personally traveled to the affiliates (who were not airing the view) and had sit-downs with their head people to push them into airing the view. Had she not done this, there would be no View after season 1 or 2.

4. Original name was "Eveyrone's a Critic" then "The View from Here" - which was a Canadian show, so they couldn't use it. Geddie hated "The View" because "it made no sense" but then liked it later on.

5. Barbara's closest confident is Brian Renfroe (sp) who is her hairdresser and has been with her over 30 years. He would meet her at her apt every morning and walk with her to the show. He'd tell her how she did after all the segments when she wanted feedback, since she could be very insecure. She relied on him for emotional support in a major way. The other closest person in her life was her housekeeper of 30+ years also.

I'm still only around page 50 but it's good. The writing isn't as bad as I felt initially, but it's not great. And still, there are present-tense BW quotes which don't quite make sense. Sometimes you know the BW quotes are from Debbie or Joy or whoever, but other times it's just like "I really liked the chemistry of that group," said Barbara. (To who? the Author? Gedide?)

by Anonymousreply 318April 4, 2019 4:54 PM

Oh 2a -- Barbara and Joy had an awkward relationship the first year due to the testing results.

by Anonymousreply 319April 4, 2019 4:55 PM

Thanks r318 and everyone posting what is in the book.

by Anonymousreply 320April 4, 2019 5:03 PM

R318 Right, I keep thinking who did she say this to and when. The later Rosie chapters can be confusing too because he recounts meeting her many tines over the years but then quotes her with “she said” WHEN?

by Anonymousreply 321April 4, 2019 5:03 PM

R318

I'm interested in the Bryant Renfro and her maids details.

I knew they were her closest confidants. I kill for them to do a tell all but they're probably too loyal

by Anonymousreply 322April 4, 2019 5:17 PM

I certainly hated Debbie M on Season 1 and piled on but it turns out that she’s a good person who got a raw deal. She was put through the wringer but I hope she’s happy.

Is Lisa Ling interviewed for the book? If not, is there a reason?

by Anonymousreply 323April 4, 2019 5:20 PM

You're welcome- it's fun to read this kind of book and have a chance to talk about it who know the show well, too.

I thought of another funny moment with Debbie...

-- When the panel was asked (on live tv) for "Hot Topics" - "Who do you think the most influential person of the 20th century was?" - people said Einstein and Bill Gates. Then, Debbie said "Madonna" and they all shrieked. Star snapped "you can't be serious!" but I get where Debbie was coming from. Her world was just very different, largely based on her age. But also, she just didn't pay attention to the rise of Microsoft and personal computing. Debbie was just more interested in other things & reasonably felt Madonna's influence was very large - on fashion, women, sex, etc...for most of her life. Before social media, Madonna was Paris Hilton & Kim K combined...for that generation. It is still a funny moment though.

And I meant that Renfroe was a confidante, not confident - oh dear! I don't see, so far, that he was interviewed. But BW certainly needed him in her life. He was the Gayle to BW's Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 324April 4, 2019 5:39 PM

The "your welcome" was a reply for r320 - that sounded a little weird to start a post with that. But anyway, I just meant it's fun to post here because rarely are there books that I can talk to people about. I should join a book club.

by Anonymousreply 325April 4, 2019 5:44 PM

Lisa Ling was interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 326April 4, 2019 6:12 PM

Lisa was fired.

by Anonymousreply 327April 4, 2019 6:18 PM

Megasaurus Interruptus has stopped interrupting Joy's intro when she moderates. Did she get a talking to? If so, can you imagine how that went...her continuously interrupting Producer trying to tell her to stop interrupting...she probably stomped out like the toddler she is while screeching "that's not fair".

by Anonymousreply 328April 4, 2019 6:19 PM

I think he uses the present tense because it's more conversational and fits the book style. He also talks about Barbara being in her dressing room - obviously he's been writing this book for years.

The least drama filled tenure seems to be that of Lisa Ling.

by Anonymousreply 329April 4, 2019 6:23 PM

Remember when each host got their own segment? Joy had a segment in which she interviewed a comedian friend. Lisa has “It’s a Ling Thing!” in which she would teach about global issues like climate change and human rights violations.

I wonder why they dumped those. It was fun to see each host in her particular element.

by Anonymousreply 330April 4, 2019 6:28 PM

Lisa was the rose among thorns always. I adored her. She was made to do Ling Things to make her seem more normal and less dull. She had a very direct way while simultaneously being somewhat apologetic about her presence. Charming smart woman with more on her mind than the rest of them.

Star Jones is also hugely intelligent but she ate fame up. Literally. And then lost it all.

by Anonymousreply 331April 4, 2019 6:29 PM

“Star Jones is also hugely intelligent but she ate fame up. Literally. And then lost it all.”

Perfect description.

by Anonymousreply 332April 4, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote] I think it’s interesting that Whoopi hasn’t hosted since the headlines turned south about her moderating job with horrible press from Jenny, Barbara and Rosie, who called her the meanest person in show business.

Good, I'm glad Whoopi's getting it in the book too since it's so obvious she is mean and domineering, and thinks her opinion is the only opinion. She's deeply bitter and seemingly wants everyone to hate her, an equal opportunity offender, pissing off people who used to be fans along with everyone else. She's a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 333April 4, 2019 6:31 PM

Agree R316, Sunny is ridiculous with her reparations questions. She is so stupid. Classical example of a woman who synthesizes information she has read and the just regurgitates it without a singly unique analytical thought of her own. So dumb.

by Anonymousreply 334April 4, 2019 6:40 PM

"The View from Here" was listed as the title of the show in it's initial promos. It must have been a last minute change before they actually went to air.

by Anonymousreply 335April 4, 2019 6:40 PM

This was a great moment. Star says to Joy “You are still a bitch”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336April 4, 2019 6:42 PM

Star had a "heart to heart" segment.

by Anonymousreply 337April 4, 2019 6:51 PM

Barbara holding her hand when really she wanted to strangle her for doing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338April 4, 2019 6:54 PM

Prayer and Counsel. Portion Control and Pilate(s) Potato Potatah

by Anonymousreply 339April 4, 2019 7:14 PM

r335 - apparently it was from the legal dept. They did a copyright search or trademark search...I forgot the exact details but the problem was more legal than any focus group opinion or whatever. That's interesting it was already in the promos when they got word that they couldn't use that name. They dumped "Everyone's a critic" because it sounded too negative for the most part.

I'm not sure why they couldn't use it though. "The Office" and tons of similar shows were remade here. I suppose they didn't want to pay the Canadian show or something.

by Anonymousreply 340April 4, 2019 7:20 PM

Interestingly the all hated the name The View.

Lisa came off great in the book, as did Meredith. Joy escaped much criticism too.

by Anonymousreply 341April 4, 2019 7:40 PM

Was it a condition of Rosie's return that they had to dump Bill Geddie? Maybe that is why Whoopi resented her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 4, 2019 8:45 PM

Star’s lies about the weight loss surgery really bothered Joy. She has the perfect temperament for the show though, I think 90% would have been involved in a major bust up if they had to work with Star, Elisabeth, Rosie and Meghan.

I haven’t gotten as far as the Whoopi chapters yet. I’m not much of a Whoopi fan but her one redeeming feature is that she occasionally gives authentic belly laughs when Joy or a guest says something funny. That’s about it so looking forward to seeing what the cohosts really thought of her.

by Anonymousreply 343April 4, 2019 10:43 PM

It here’s a special place in hell reserved for that shithead Bill Gedde, talentless hack. I hope he wears the label of Baba Wawa’s asshole licker till he dies.

Whoopi being the meanest woman in showbiz and being friends with Moo and her shitbag father makes perfect sense. Megalodon only gets along with other shitbags.

Don’t know why Megzilla got let go from her dad’s campaign, r309, they’re all hiding behind the Reagan doctrine. All people say is that she was such a megabitch they kicked her off the campaign trail.

by Anonymousreply 344April 4, 2019 10:56 PM

Weren't their rumors that McCain's campaign staff so truly despised princess PMS that a bunch of them went to her dad and demanded she be kicked off the campaign or they were going to walk?

by Anonymousreply 345April 4, 2019 11:08 PM

Well her mother did say she is "John McCain in a dress". So I guess that was one ill tempered McCain too many on the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 346April 4, 2019 11:10 PM

I liked Debbie M. She could be annoying but she was so sweet.

I never liked Star. So pretentious.

Rosie was fun and brought some heat. She could be a bit much, though. Whoopie is everything they say Rosie was.

Babs Wawa is really a terrible person, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 347April 4, 2019 11:24 PM

Joy’s writer claimed she was using lines he wrote in her HLN show. He wanted a 2nd paycheck and wouldn’t let it go so they let him go.

““When Geddie tried, Smith clutched his chest in horror, like he was having a heart attack. “He didn’t have a heart attack,” said Joy, who heard about it later. “I wasn’t in the room. The word is that he collapsed.” An ambulance pulled up at the View studio and wheeled him away to the hospital, where he told friends that he was diagnosed with a broken heart.”

Excerpt From Ladies Who Punch Ramin Setoodeh

Do any of you know that queen? Jesus. I’m embarrassed for him

by Anonymousreply 348April 4, 2019 11:42 PM

Star is a liar. You can be an evil idiot but there’s no coming back once you’ve shown the world that you’re a liar.

by Anonymousreply 349April 5, 2019 12:08 AM

Star constantly shilling for her wedding was what started her decline. She was shameless in her promotion of the vendors.

by Anonymousreply 350April 5, 2019 12:16 AM

Remember when she thought she was Miss Jet Set going to Aspen for the holidays? She was at her largest and the altitude did a number on her and she had to be given oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 351April 5, 2019 12:21 AM

I loved the book. A bit confusing at times but the little comments the author makes are acidic, as well. Like when he writes, "Always the serious journalist, Walters asked Melania, 'Are you breastfeeding?"

by Anonymousreply 352April 5, 2019 12:22 AM

Whoopi is not the meanest woman in show business. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 353April 5, 2019 12:27 AM

Who was the masochist who invited Ro back after the trouble she caused in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 354April 5, 2019 12:35 AM

Was Rosie Perez interviewed, does anyone know? She seemed like she couldn't wait to get out of there, and after she left, when she was asked about the View, she was very dismissive. She seemed to be uncomfortable with conflict; she probably hated both Rosie AND Whoopie.

by Anonymousreply 355April 5, 2019 1:06 AM

Why should she go to Aspen r351? I can’t picture her hugeness whipping down the Rockies with the wind in her weave.

by Anonymousreply 356April 5, 2019 1:11 AM

Rosie Perez was hired at literally the last minute. Like a day before. She was pretty friendly with Rosie O before that because of their intersectional activism. No one need feel sorry for Rosie Perez. She was terrible and paralyzed on live TV. She may not be stupid but she was everyday. Could not read, speak or form a sentence. She choked terribly. True that she probably did hate both Rosie and Whoopi because that first season after Walter's retirement was the most tense and fucked up of all. And that says a lot. Whoopi went to war for Cosby and Rosie looked like an old woman recovering from a heart attack. She looks much better now. The panel was a good mix on paper but what hateful disagreements they had without even busting out into arguments. Whoopi was a monster to Rosie on air and O'donnell was a monster behind the scenes. They all looked terrified at the tiny table. There was no JOY. But Rosie Perez still sucked and proved that she can't handle any role on a TV talk show other than guest. Crazy ass Wendy Williams pushed hard for Rosie Perez to get that View gig. Perez belongs on the "dumb" list of co-hosts.

It's a short non partisan list.

by Anonymousreply 357April 5, 2019 1:24 AM

"terrified at the tiny table", LOL

by Anonymousreply 358April 5, 2019 1:31 AM

Raven Symone and Candy Cameron got into it pretty good, any scoop on that mess?

by Anonymousreply 359April 5, 2019 1:33 AM

Not really anything, r359.

Sherri Shepard loved Whoppi and Rosie. Rosie helped her negotiate her contact. Apparently ABC only originally offered her 100k. Stingy! Whoppi bought her a whole new wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 360April 5, 2019 1:46 AM

Oh, and Sherri's biggest fan is.... Bill Clinton. Not kidding. He wouldn't stop gushing over her little known movies whenever he was on the show.

by Anonymousreply 361April 5, 2019 1:49 AM

Sherri is one of the best things in Trial & Error -- and that show is/was absolutely hilarious.

(I hope someone picks it up - I loved East Peck.)

by Anonymousreply 362April 5, 2019 1:51 AM

Thanks, R360.

by Anonymousreply 363April 5, 2019 2:19 AM

Whoopie crossed many lines with Rosie on air. It was incredibly unprofessional especially about the Cosby thing which Whoopie still has trouble acknowledging she was wrong and very hypocritical. She viciously went after Rosie on air and basically made it seem like Rosie dare not have an opinion on a certain matter, usually race, and you could see Rosie visibly taken aback. Whoopie did it in a humiliating way.

Sherri was fun but damn is she dumb. She is funny, though.

I found Candance tolerable. She never came across as insanely right wing. Though her voting for him in the end showed her true colors. Her Christian values are warped.

In the end, all the back stage bitchiness is stupid. People get in the way of their own happiness. We treat each other like shit when, really, we would all be happier if we just cut the bullshit. We go out of our way to cause drama and strife. *off soap box*

by Anonymousreply 364April 5, 2019 2:36 AM

Paula Faris got a daily beat down.

by Anonymousreply 365April 5, 2019 2:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366April 5, 2019 2:41 AM

Paula was a infuriating "bothsider" from the get go. You could tell she was a right winger though she tried so hard to seem the "adult, neutral" one. Kind of like Maria Bartiromo (I don't care how to spell that whores name) who, when at NBC, would look pained giving out good economic news under Obama. She would always, without fail, find some negative and would go on and on about it. Then she ends up at Faux News.

by Anonymousreply 367April 5, 2019 2:48 AM

When Meredith left, the story was that her dream job was the Today show, so she had to leave. Was that the real deal? I remember there was trouble at Today going on and they were looking for a new anchor. Is this mentioned in the book?

by Anonymousreply 368April 5, 2019 6:21 AM

TDS just offered her a lot of money, more than The View could. She didn't describe it as her dream job. It was a business decision, simple as that.

Before that though, Geddie was sort of taunting Meredith that she was too old for anybody else to want her. There's a scene where she describes breaking down in tears during a meeting.

by Anonymousreply 369April 5, 2019 6:41 AM

ABC gave Meredith Millionaire to boost her salary, and NBC wrote her contact in a way that would allow her to keep that show. And apparently Meredith was not only being considered for Today, but CBS also wanted her for the evening news to replace Dan Rather. Couric got that job, so Meredith got Today.

by Anonymousreply 370April 5, 2019 6:44 AM

Hard to dislike Meredith - but not unlike Barbara, she was extremely ambitious. Her children first frau persona was not exactly accurate. And aside from her asides, she's a pretty dull middle of the road woman. I think that's exactly who she is so I don't like her anymore than my sister in law who looks better and is more amusing. Meredith has a great broadcasters voice, very much missed in the moderator's chair. Her own talk show proved that she wasn't a great broadcaster or newswoman or entertainer though, in case everyone didn't already know. Meredith did a lot for the Brazilian blowout - because she always looked like exhausted shit, but her hair looked great and did half the work. She's a hot bitch who preferred not to think or have to state her opinion. Her hair did half the work on GMA and whatever the fuck her own show was called. The View got the best time of her, as it did with so many.

by Anonymousreply 371April 5, 2019 7:05 AM

i just got my copy from the library yesterday!!

by Anonymousreply 372April 5, 2019 7:08 AM

Jeff Bezo’s mistress, Lauren Sanchez, was in the running for a seat at the table twice.

by Anonymousreply 373April 5, 2019 10:54 AM

Can you refresh my time frame?

Was Geddie let go prior to Barbara's retirement or after?

If it was before how did that go down? BW and Geddie had been a team for decades.

by Anonymousreply 374April 5, 2019 11:48 AM

Paula Faris was so vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 375April 5, 2019 11:53 AM

Barbara’s last year sounds a bit sad. Although I did laugh at her saying she had a vibrator named Selfie. The author has an anti-Barbara bias that comes through. He’s somewhat sympathetic to Rosie even when he’s detailing her horrible behavior. He says he interviewed Rosie frequently and that she would always respond to his DMs and send him haiku? poems I think. Barbara had her faults but overall I cane away liking old Babs.

Look at the vibrator clip though. Look at her eyes, looks like she was spacing out or having a mini stroke or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376April 5, 2019 1:05 PM

That clip at 376 is weird. Barbara's statement could have been played off as a joke...until Whoopi clearly and emphatically announced that the name of Barbara's vibrator is Selfie. Whoopi should have let it go instead of make it a bigger deal.

by Anonymousreply 377April 5, 2019 1:34 PM

Astroglide!

by Anonymousreply 378April 5, 2019 2:02 PM

Life with Elisabeth......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379April 5, 2019 3:19 PM

That clip is the best r379. Hasselbitch comes off like the screechy whiny little right wing shit that she is. I hope this craters her book sales.

Bill Geddie comes off like the dickless, spineless, desperate to be a power player moron that he is, sucking up to some 25 year old little asshole and an old lady asshole. The view is so much better without all three of them.

Joy, as always, comes off like a lovely old mom-type.

by Anonymousreply 380April 5, 2019 3:57 PM

I wrote this on the other thread, but if they still have that clip from a decade or more ago, then isn't it likely they also have a lot of Whoopi's tirades, Rosie O's mental breakdowns (from her second tenure on the show), and Mooghan's during-commercial shriekfests? What's stopping them from leaking too?

by Anonymousreply 381April 5, 2019 4:14 PM

That Elizabeth meltdown is great! So religious and screaming Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 382April 5, 2019 4:19 PM

Anything on the show today?

by Anonymousreply 383April 5, 2019 4:31 PM

Bring on the hot mike audio that followed the split screen!

by Anonymousreply 384April 5, 2019 4:43 PM

The book says Barbara held on to staff even when they were no good because she didn’t want them spilling to the press. I wonder if that’s still the case. A disgruntled producer could leak a lot of shit.

by Anonymousreply 385April 5, 2019 4:48 PM

Should we have a thread on Kathie-Lee leaving her morning drinking show?

by Anonymousreply 386April 5, 2019 7:53 PM

r386....here....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 5, 2019 7:55 PM

Lezzybitch responds to the leaked audio:

“Newsflash! I’m a human being!!”

Hate her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388April 5, 2019 8:09 PM

Thank you R387!

I read the thread. It was rather underwhelming. I am surprised we don't have an opinion of her or anything to really go off about. At least the weird thing with Chenoweth being on her second to last show wearing what looks like her hair and singing about kidneys made me think Kathie Lee still had some trainwreck qualities worth discussing. But all we have is crepe-like upper arms in a sleeveless dress and the vague hope that she isn't writing a musical that we will ever actually see.

Then again I might rather sit through something religious about organ donation starring Kristin Chenoweth over the upcoming Tammy Faye project...

by Anonymousreply 389April 5, 2019 8:15 PM

Re: the Liz/Baba kerfluffle. Was this the point where Geddie fucked her?

Star - Allegedly!

by Anonymousreply 390April 5, 2019 8:33 PM

Catch up, R390. Rosie was talking about Mark Gentile fucking some other woman. Elisabeth did not have Bill's love child.

by Anonymousreply 391April 5, 2019 8:59 PM

Nothing about the show today?

by Anonymousreply 392April 5, 2019 9:19 PM

Somebody posted this in the Hasselbeck Fuck That Thread, but I think it also fits Meg and Joy.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 5, 2019 9:25 PM

The very cheesy and bland Zachary Levi charmed the ladies today. Abby felt his muscles. The audience squealed with delight at that.

by Anonymousreply 394April 5, 2019 10:57 PM

Was she invited to or was she invading his personal space, r394?

by Anonymousreply 395April 5, 2019 11:07 PM

He pinged for me.

My 90 year old mother said he pinged for her as well.

by Anonymousreply 396April 5, 2019 11:09 PM

She grabbed his muscles right after the whole segment on Biden touching people too much. Joy saw the irony and said "now you can run for president."

by Anonymousreply 397April 5, 2019 11:23 PM

I always thought Zachary Levi was fine as fuck....i just find him very sexy. Especially now.

by Anonymousreply 398April 5, 2019 11:47 PM

Moo dressed like Joy today. She’s getting desperate for her split screen closeup.

by Anonymousreply 399April 6, 2019 12:10 AM

Zach's eyebrows have always bugged. They're too manicured.

by Anonymousreply 400April 6, 2019 12:15 AM

Meghan’s horse hair and donkey ass was on point today.

by Anonymousreply 401April 6, 2019 12:56 AM

Did Elizabitch have any qualifications other than Survivor and being Republican?

by Anonymousreply 402April 6, 2019 1:17 AM

That Elizabeth audio leak is delicious. 😅

by Anonymousreply 403April 6, 2019 1:25 AM

Did I hear Joy saying “shit has been said to me too” in the leaked audio?

I wonder if this is a one off or if we can expect more leaks from the day Whoopi/Joy walked off or the Elisabeth/Rosie feud.

Elisabeth has the most grating, unpleasant female voice. Can you imagine those kids trapped listening to it spouting about God, Grace, god, Jesus, God, Grace....at least one will end up a Richard Dawkins level atheist.

by Anonymousreply 404April 6, 2019 2:13 AM

Is Rosie outing Whoopi with this comment:

“I’m never going to not have respect for Whoopi Goldberg. But that was a painful experience, personally and professionally. With Elisabeth Hasselbeck, I didn’t see her in a one-woman show that changed my life as an artist. But I did with Whoopi Goldberg, and I watched her make her way through a world, which is racist and sexist and homophobic, and succeed like only four women of color”

by Anonymousreply 405April 6, 2019 2:28 AM

Eh, I always thought Whoopi was bisexual. Didnt she claim to be when she used to be an artist, before she sold out to do shit like Jumping Jack Flash? She's maybe not out-out, but she's out. yes, no?

by Anonymousreply 406April 6, 2019 4:36 AM

Zachary Levi looked so damn fine on the show. Sexy as fuck.

No pinging at all, but he isn’t married or attached, so who knows? I want him badly.

by Anonymousreply 407April 6, 2019 8:18 AM

I still don't get a lezzy vibe from Whoopi. People have always said that because she dresses like a guy, shaves her eyebrows, and doesn't give a shit about her appearance. And she does have a manly voice.

But I mean she was having sex with dudes from a very young age (teen mom!), and I doubt Frank Langella, Shaggy and Ted Danson would have bothered bearding for her when she wasn't that much of a 'prize' to them or could really advance their careers.

Plus I think a lot of lesbians (like Rosie, and like Alice Walker actually) wanted her to be gay because she brought to life a somewhat iconic lesbian character in The Color Purple, and has done gay films like Boys On The Side and The Celluloid Closet.

by Anonymousreply 408April 6, 2019 9:07 AM

[quote] and I doubt Frank Langella, Shaggy and Ted Danson

There have always been gay rumors about Langella and Danson had just gotten divorced and he and Whoopi had a film to promote. Don't know who Shaggy is.

by Anonymousreply 409April 6, 2019 9:55 AM

The author of the book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410April 6, 2019 10:46 AM

He says he last spoke to Barbara in 2016 and hasn’ t heard from her about the book release but has talked to someone in her camp. I wonder how her health is.

by Anonymousreply 411April 6, 2019 11:14 AM

I think Whoopi is straight but has fucked women here & there.

by Anonymousreply 412April 6, 2019 2:24 PM

Isn’t Whoopi pretty much unfuckable?

by Anonymousreply 413April 6, 2019 3:37 PM

I think that some people might also be confused by that bizarre, unexpected, lesbian scene with Whoopi and Demi Moore in Ghost.

by Anonymousreply 414April 6, 2019 3:38 PM

Zachary Levi seems weirdly asexual like a Fundie who somehow managed to pray Everything away.

by Anonymousreply 415April 6, 2019 3:41 PM

So his quotes were from 2016? She is pretty candid in there - which seems unlike her, with that guarded persona.

Some quotes are 2nd hand - like he's interviewing Geddie and then Geddie is saying what BW said. So, those make sense. The straight-up BW quotes are just odd, given how they're written in the present tense and he never explains how he got the info (interview in 2016... on the set... from a public statement, etc). I'm not done yet though.

by Anonymousreply 416April 6, 2019 4:56 PM

He says he interviewed her in depth in 2014 before her retirement and then had lunch with her in 2016. The Jenny McCarthy interview took place a few years ago too. He confirms his friendship with McCain and says she’s the best conservative they’ve had and a wonderful addition to the show.

by Anonymousreply 417April 6, 2019 6:22 PM

Whoopi may be a Kinsey 5.

But whomever Whoopi does, they be gone before morning.

They have to eat and run.

by Anonymousreply 418April 6, 2019 7:28 PM

R418

Whoopi has said several times on the show that she has no more desires for a relationship. She's said she hits it & quits it. She's also said she has a BOB= Battery Operated Boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 419April 6, 2019 8:20 PM

I think Whoopi has also admitted to getting male escorts before. She likes male strippers too.

by Anonymousreply 420April 6, 2019 8:31 PM

I'm surprised Barbara opened up so much to this guy in 2014 / 2016. Was he well-known or something? I had never heard of him before this. I did some searching just now & he has no other books on amazon. The only thing that came up was this gem:

[quote]The Newsweek gay actor controversy refers to the reaction to a piece written in 2010 by Newsweek magazine writer Ramin Setoodeh in which he asserts that openly gay actors are not capable of convincingly playing straight characters. Setoodeh's article provoked strong reactions from both within and outside the entertainment industry.

And DL has had its way with him in a number of threads. He seems like kind of a dick, not someone BW is going to open up to with quotes like that. But who knows - maybe she liked all his "contributions" in Newsweek & Variety.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421April 6, 2019 8:31 PM

R421 The info in that thread is laughable considering he comes across like a teenage queen on the Jenny McCarthy Show. I wonder if he wanted to be an actor himself and knowing he could never pass as straight (and sorry without serious vocal and body language coaching he could not) he decided to lash out at any gay actor who could play straight and drag them down to his level. Typical crab mentality.

by Anonymousreply 422April 6, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote]wanted to be an actor himself and knowing he could never pass as straight (and sorry without serious vocal and body language coaching he could not) he decided to lash out

Yep. Totally agree with this. Plenty of examples are out there prove him wrong, though I'm not sure how many were in 2010 - still it's ridiculous. He sounds like a straight person from bumblefuck who thinks all gay men are Rupaul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 6, 2019 10:41 PM

He's besties with the Beast so you know he has self-loathing issues. Probably a buddy of Queen Cohen, too.

by Anonymousreply 424April 7, 2019 12:50 AM

Star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425April 7, 2019 3:47 AM

Whoopi and Star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426April 7, 2019 3:50 AM

Star and her inhaler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427April 7, 2019 3:53 AM

Why are we talking about Star and not me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428April 7, 2019 7:52 AM

Abby's pronouncing "bullying" as "bowling" is quite cute

by Anonymousreply 429April 7, 2019 9:56 AM

Two messy bitches with an inflated VIEW of themselves sitting down together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430April 7, 2019 2:12 PM

Mon, 4/8: Tracy Morgan

Tues, 4/9: Chelsea Handler, Dr. Ian Smith

Wed, 4/10: Justin Hartley

Thurs, 4/11: Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner, Daymond John of Shark Tank

Fri, 4/12: David Oyelowo, Holly Robinson Peete

by Anonymousreply 431April 7, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]There's a lot of dirt, in particular, on Rosie's two tenures -- the dysfunction was rampant backstage both times because she came in during periods of change and wanted to "fix" the show... first to Barbara's chagrin and later to Whoopi's. Rosie comes across as absolutely unhinged here. Her feuds with the various crew members make for the juiciest details.

This is all true. The book is a breezy read, sometimes too breezy (it doesn't even include Barbara's "But Star made another choice" comment, nor does it delve into Kathy Griffin v. Hasselbeck, Barbara, etc.).

My God, Rosie is a nightmare. This literally made me laugh out loud in my living room:

[quote]Rosie's personality loomed large over the set. Cohen recalled how Rosie diagnosed herself with so many conditions, it was hard to keep track. "She was bipolar," said Cohen (which Rosie no longer thinks she is). "She was manic-depressive. She was on the autism spectrum, and she had everything under the sun. One day they were all watching TV in the makeup room. "There was an ad for restless leg syndrome, and we started joking about it," Cohen said. Rosie didn't laugh. She proclaimed, "I have that."

The director of the show said, "She's clinically insane. Not like Bill O'Reilly, he's crazy. She's medically insane."

by Anonymousreply 432April 7, 2019 7:30 PM

Oh, another moment — when Rosie picked a fight with Barbara in front of the cast and crew backstage, she screamed at her, "No wonder Jackie can't stand you!" (referencing her daughter), which shocked everyone.

Later Rosie explained to everyone that Barbara (who had hired her) was like "Nana":

[quote]"Your grandmother at Thanksgiving makes the turkey and stuffing. This year she's 92 and she can't. So she stands by the stove and your mother helps her. You go, 'Nana, this is the greatest stuffing ever.' But everyone knows Nana didn't make the stuffing, because she can't any more."

by Anonymousreply 433April 7, 2019 7:39 PM

Rosie rightly decries bigotry against gays but thinks it is perfectly okay to bash the elderly.

by Anonymousreply 434April 7, 2019 7:50 PM

Another Rosie moment: Remember when she got in a feud with Kelly Ripa after Kelly had put her hand over Clay Aiken's mouth to stop him from talking? On air, Rosie said, "If that was a straight man ... she would have said a different thing. I was offended by that."

The problem was that Clay wasn't out at the time. Later Rosie claimed, "He has come into my dressing room, crying about whether or not to come out. So I had just held a crying boy and then watched him be gay bashed by Kelly Ripa."

Clay remembers the dressing room conversation differently: "She said, 'You need to find yourself a boyfriend in North Carolina -- not in New York or Los Angeles -- and just live peacefully there.' I said, 'You're very presumptuous, Rosie."

He also said, "The truth is she outed me in a way, because I had not been out yet. When she said the words, 'If that was a straight man,' she was confirming that she knew I wasn't. That was the worst day of my life. I don't think I'd had a moment more devastating to me."

by Anonymousreply 435April 7, 2019 7:58 PM

Rosie outed Clay.

by Anonymousreply 436April 7, 2019 8:01 PM

And implied he wasn't "cute".

by Anonymousreply 437April 7, 2019 8:24 PM

What is "cute" is the Gaykin thinking he was successfully in the closet in the first place. Hiding in plain sight indeed.

by Anonymousreply 438April 7, 2019 8:29 PM

Clay has the right word for her. She is presumptuous about so many people and things.

Thanks, Clay.

by Anonymousreply 439April 7, 2019 8:35 PM

Yes, I remember it well...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440April 7, 2019 8:53 PM

[quote]He also said, "The truth is she outed me in a way, because I had not been out yet. When she said the words, 'If that was a straight man,' she was confirming that she knew I wasn't. That was the worst day of my life. I don't think I'd had a moment more devastating to me."

Wow - I never heard Clay's side before. I didn't realize how upset he was. People were really split on how they judged Rosie for saying that comment but I always thought it was wrong. YES, he was clearly gay - but it was up to him to reveal it on his own terms. At least he wasn't pretending to have a girlfriend or singing about how hot women are ("she bangs!") which is a lot more irritating . I wouldn't have minded if she outed Ricky Martin. Clay was still fairly young and new-ish to being a celebrity. No wonder it was the worst day of his life at the time.

by Anonymousreply 441April 7, 2019 9:05 PM

I read the book Friday in one sitting. It’s very light and most everything juicy has been posted repeatedly. It was fun to read it in chronological order, though. Not especially well written, but easy to get through.

by Anonymousreply 442April 7, 2019 9:07 PM

Aiken has no room to talk...hes very presumptuous....and the only reason Meghan is friends with him is because hes a republican.

by Anonymousreply 443April 7, 2019 9:10 PM

So, DL - what should I wear to the studio on Friday? Caftan? Earrings?

The tickets say no all-black or all-white. So, that's fine. I'll wear grey! I got a disposable camera so I can make r80 (and the world) happy if that happens.

I may even go to Cafe Fiorello afterwords in honor of R62 and Meredith Viera. I actually looked around on google maps and it's really close and convenient. It seems good - especially for solo dining at their bar. There's a restaurant on Central Park right there but it's rated badly.

by Anonymousreply 444April 7, 2019 9:18 PM

R443

Hold up! Clay is a Republican? Are you sure? He did a few episodes on the View during the campaign. He went to blue collar stops & interviewed folks. It was obvious to me he was anti-Trump.

by Anonymousreply 445April 7, 2019 9:23 PM

r444 — Bring a copy of the book and see if you can find anyone to sign it.

Beyond that: take notes on everything Meghan McCain does and report back!

by Anonymousreply 446April 7, 2019 9:29 PM

Clay ran as a Democrat, but he is a republican and espouses a lot of their views other than lgbt related.

by Anonymousreply 447April 7, 2019 9:34 PM

Good idea r446. The reviews on tripadvisor make it sound like everyone is really cunty to the audience, but who knows. I'll wave it from my chair and see if they look ... maybe hold up a pen and do the signing motion... lol. I hope they won't snatch it from me on my way in. It looks like there's a coat check because nobody has coats on the back of their chairs (I've been looking at the audience in the last few days - I will be one of the few males for sure)...so they might take it. I'll try though!

by Anonymousreply 448April 7, 2019 9:35 PM

Make a sign saying They confiscated my book and hold it up to the camera if that happens.

by Anonymousreply 449April 7, 2019 9:45 PM

Meghan might sign it since she's all buddy buddy with the author (and comes across well in it, apparently).

by Anonymousreply 450April 7, 2019 9:47 PM

r444 -- those TripAdvisor reviews are indeed a trip.

Obviously the panelists can't spend all their time interacting with the live audience and kissing their asses, but review after review makes it sound like they just don't give a damn about the people in the studio at all.

by Anonymousreply 451April 7, 2019 9:54 PM

I used to go often. Meredith was the only one who regularly went and spoke with the audience. Lisa Ling would occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 452April 7, 2019 9:56 PM

That Meredith, she's a people person.....

by Anonymousreply 453April 7, 2019 10:13 PM

Yeah it seems like Meredith would have - but I am surprised Joy doesn't at all. She's probably just over it after 20 years.

Do they check your coats, r452? I'd bring the book but I don't want to have a TSA water bottle moment.

by Anonymousreply 454April 7, 2019 10:15 PM

[quote]"Your grandmother at Thanksgiving makes the turkey and stuffing. This year she's 92 and she can't. So she stands by the stove and your mother helps her. You go, 'Nana, this is the greatest stuffing ever.' But everyone knows Nana didn't make the stuffing, because she can't any more."

Rosie's description of Barbara Walters is Barbara Bush cuntworthy. Obviously Rosie can be a raging bitch but who knew she had such rich cuntery inside her.

by Anonymousreply 455April 7, 2019 10:17 PM

R444 No coat check, whatever you bring has to fit under your seat. The warm up comic is good. A chubby Italian chick who looks sort of like Rosie. She will ask you if you have any questions for the cohosts. Sunny will always answer questions. You get free juice and a granola bar. There’s a Starbucks in the holding room.

Joy was moderating when I was there so she was looking at notes and talking to producers during commercials. At one point she interacted with the front row just as everyone cleared the stage for the 10 sec countdown. She’s probably friendlier when she’s not moderating.

It’s been said already but Ellen DeGeneres is the worst for ignoring her audience. The air is heavy with eau de cunt in her studio.

by Anonymousreply 456April 7, 2019 10:19 PM

Rosie the control freak can't understand the motivations of BW and WG who are also control freaks. She is projecting her own insecurities on these women.

by Anonymousreply 457April 7, 2019 10:19 PM

Yes but she bashed her Supreme Cuntress Baba Speech Impediment friend to Trump and Cohn, r434, so I’m ok with it.

by Anonymousreply 458April 7, 2019 10:22 PM

Adam Lambert was outed on The View by someone (one of the judges?) I remember they were discussing it the next day and Joy said it’s the second time we’ve outed someone but the first time it wasn’t a guest who did it - meaning Rosie and Clay.

During the Palin/Letterman feud when he made some joke about her teenager, Barbara said you never go after someone’s child. She said, say what you want about me but never even mention my child. I wonder if that was before or after Rosie told her Jackie didn’t like her.

I enjoyed the description in the book of Whoopi cutting off Rosie and Rosie running into the audience looking for a Valium. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 459April 7, 2019 10:24 PM

Thanks r456.

Funny about Ellen... not surprised! I wonder how Oprah was back in the day. The early years had her in the audience the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 460April 7, 2019 10:26 PM

I would love to read a website that was dedicated to experiences at live tapings -- talk shows, sitcoms, etc.

by Anonymousreply 461April 7, 2019 10:28 PM

I thought it was funny how smitten Abby was with Zachary Levi.

by Anonymousreply 462April 7, 2019 10:30 PM

We never would have known that Clay is gay. It was SO shocking! Said no one ever.

by Anonymousreply 463April 7, 2019 11:00 PM

I think it was Joan Rivers who said the only thing Aiken is his ass.

by Anonymousreply 464April 7, 2019 11:13 PM

I would love to hear from some of Rosie's siblings. They are all radio silent about her and their childhoods.

by Anonymousreply 465April 7, 2019 11:22 PM

Sherri Shepherd comes off really well in the book as a nice, somewhat naive person who was over her head when she started — the flat-earth quote, she says, had to do with not wanting to offend Barbara and not understanding the show was about conflict. She was raised Jehovah's Witness and sounds a bit sheltered.

There's a story where Sherri goes with Whoopi to interview Bill O'Reilly and (she says) he made her feel ashamed of her wardrobe, which was inexpensive stuff from the Gap that she'd brought for California. Afterward, Whoopi took her to Eileen Fisher and helped her pick out some professional separates.

At the time Sherri had only one credit card with a $2000 limit and was dreading the moment the clerk would tell her the card had been declined, but she found out that Whoopi had paid for the whole thing while Sherri was in the dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 466April 7, 2019 11:26 PM

Sherri made pretty homophobic comments over the years. I remember her going crazy about the idea of her son playing with a doll. The whole business with the surrogate is messed up too. I suppose a person like Sherri who was raised in a bubble and isn’t too smart seems more benign that someone who has an education and experience and still says stupid shit. She’s probably not the worst in the world but she was wrong for a show called “The View” when she and her family had never voted and she didn’t know the first thing about politics or social issues. Sometimes she reminded of of a typical LSA poster.

by Anonymousreply 467April 8, 2019 12:18 AM

Sherri is a christo-cunt.

Other than that, she is a lovely woman...

by Anonymousreply 468April 8, 2019 12:21 AM

Sherri is also a flat Earther so she can stay gone.

by Anonymousreply 469April 8, 2019 1:22 AM

This is kinda great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470April 8, 2019 1:54 AM

She should stay on Trial & Error. But that was the whole point. That show needs to be renewed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 8, 2019 2:20 AM

Sherri bragged about having multiple abortions but didn’t want a gay son. Hypocrite much? I hate her.

by Anonymousreply 472April 8, 2019 9:12 AM

I skipped ahead to the Sheri pages since you mentioned it. It also said that Rosie was the one who acted like her agent and told her to negotiate her salary, which was an extremely low offer at first. Rosie told her what everyone on the panel made, and she also said they should include tickets home and an apt. The final deal was 8 first class tickets back to LA along with NYC rent of $84,000 / yr in the first year.

I actually remember a show where she made a comment about her apartment and Joy said something like "well THAT place is just too much..." and Sheri kind of said yeah she's new to New York and she's overpaying since she didn't know how to find a place. Well, the view was paying....and I'm guessing the $7000/mo probably included furniture & kitchen supplies considering it wasn't her permanent home. Then she said any time that anyone asks her for help negotiating (someone from The Talk called her for advice), she just tells them what she made and tries to help them.

In an interview with the author, he said it took 3 years to write and he had 150 interviews, including 11 with the cohosts & BW's main interview was in 2016. He "hasn't talked to her" and "doesn't know how she feels about the book." but nobody would say a thing about her dementia. Does she even know the book exists? It came from this interview, below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473April 8, 2019 9:51 AM

This book really highlights how unfairly kind SNL is being by never mocking Meghan McCain’s unhinged tantrums on The View. It feels like every other page of the first 50 pages of Setoodeh’s book is about how SNL made The View infamous enough to be famous and successful...McCain gets booked, and suddenly all the skits stop. Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 474April 8, 2019 11:34 AM

I groan out loud when Whoopi appears, it means McNasty's coddler is back on duty.

by Anonymousreply 475April 8, 2019 3:02 PM

OMFG, I hate her.

by Anonymousreply 476April 8, 2019 3:08 PM

WTF!! Part of your job is to listen to me??? moogan to Joy..

by Anonymousreply 477April 8, 2019 3:08 PM

Even Whoopi was trying to keep her cool with that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 478April 8, 2019 3:08 PM

The tension between Joy and the fatter by the day bitch is at an all time high. Wow. Something is gonna come to a head soon.

by Anonymousreply 479April 8, 2019 3:13 PM

What is it going to take to get arnold ziffel fired?

by Anonymousreply 480April 8, 2019 3:14 PM

Clearly the tv is on at The Federalist office when she says this shit to Joy and her nazi husband and his staff of deplorables cheer and hoot and holler and clap and they have a chalkboard where they keep score.

by Anonymousreply 481April 8, 2019 3:18 PM

One of these days Joyce will outright call Meghan a cunt, and all hell will break loose!

by Anonymousreply 482April 8, 2019 3:23 PM

*Joy

by Anonymousreply 483April 8, 2019 3:23 PM

Meghan has gained alot of weight. She’ll be Chrissy Metz in a year.

by Anonymousreply 484April 8, 2019 3:25 PM

R482.. I would re(Joyce)! Had to say it.. lol..

by Anonymousreply 485April 8, 2019 3:29 PM

So...Abby just said she hasnt seen he family in a year.....her mother was just a guest on the view a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 486April 8, 2019 3:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing r486, lol. Abby is also the same person who said she and her husband only had $2,000 to their names between them when they got married...

by Anonymousreply 487April 8, 2019 3:37 PM

Does Abby lie?

by Anonymousreply 488April 8, 2019 3:38 PM

r487....lol...shes listed as the number 2 person on the panel with the highest net worth....in excess of 20 million.

by Anonymousreply 489April 8, 2019 3:40 PM

^^^that doesnt include her inheritance.^^^

by Anonymousreply 490April 8, 2019 3:41 PM

Tracy Morgan after the car wreck that gave him brain damage. Finally an intellectual equal for Megan.

by Anonymousreply 491April 8, 2019 3:44 PM

Tracy Morgan reminds me of a drag queen....an ugly one, but a drag queen nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 492April 8, 2019 3:47 PM

I'm going to really be pissed if Joy doesn't renew her contract.

I can understand why she wouldn't = she doesn't need the money. She has a happy home life with many friends. Why would she want to continue with this hostile environment where the producers/suits allow this out of control cunt to run roughshod.

This is sickening.

by Anonymousreply 493April 8, 2019 3:49 PM

Whoopi was MIA last week because she was back in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 494April 8, 2019 3:50 PM

Joy will renew because she craves the attention and the applause.

Whoopi should be relegated to part-time status before she kicks it live on The View during Hot Topics.

Meghan? The producers should be cast out of their union for allowing this behavior to go on and on and on and on. Meghan probably assumed she could let loose on Joy because her coddler was back in the moderator chair. Whoopi's probably in a mood so no go.

I like Abby.

Sunny goes back to the hood with her accent every time a Tracy Morgan type is a guest. AOC much???

by Anonymousreply 495April 8, 2019 3:58 PM

Or Joy should renegotiate her contract to include penalties and fines to be paid her by ABC each and every time The Beast attacks her unprovoked, 10k minimum for each offense. Also, fines for interrupting her intro when she moderates. Obviously I'd like The Beast gone but it's clear this is what ABC wants and they are going to keep her, she is ABC's very own version of Trump, she can say or do anything outside of the acceptable norms like Trump and get away with it, behavior the average person can't get away with just like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 496April 8, 2019 4:05 PM

How much fatter can MyFather get? Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 497April 8, 2019 4:10 PM

Joy should bring Meghan a box of donuts before every show.

by Anonymousreply 498April 8, 2019 4:15 PM

"I'm Brian Fellowes!"

by Anonymousreply 499April 8, 2019 4:16 PM

“Don’t you die, Whoopi! Don’t you do that!!”

Maybe Tracy Morgan shouldn’t be the one out there promoting whatever show he’s out there trying to promote.

by Anonymousreply 500April 8, 2019 4:24 PM

I can't decide if Tracy acts the way he does for laughs or he is just !!!THAT INTENSE!!!

by Anonymousreply 501April 8, 2019 4:46 PM

I hate Tracy Morgan, always have and shame on Tina Fey for keeping his career on life support.

Abby is full of shit. $2,000 to their name, hasn’t seen the family in a year. Bitch please. When I was a retail queen I was able to get home a few times a year. She’s completely out of touch with reality and how she sounds to the average person.

Moogan is disgusting the way she talks to Joy. She makes Elisabeth look like an altar girl.

by Anonymousreply 502April 8, 2019 4:53 PM

Abby hasn't seen her family in a year? Her sister and husband were both on the show on Friday....... that was 3 days ago.

by Anonymousreply 503April 8, 2019 5:11 PM

In Mormon talk, it's her parents.

Russia.

by Anonymousreply 504April 8, 2019 5:13 PM

I'm seriously asking. Doesn't The View and/or ABC have a HR department?

WTF has something not been done. Nutmeg creates a hostile work environment.

by Anonymousreply 505April 8, 2019 5:25 PM

Joy does not deserve this abuse.

by Anonymousreply 506April 8, 2019 5:42 PM

r505, Does McBurly need to remind you yet again that she's Saint John McCain's daughter? That trumps all laws, rules, policies, common courtesies and basic decorum.

by Anonymousreply 507April 8, 2019 5:45 PM

How is Joy supposed to respond to this? Should she just ignore Meghan from now on? And why doesn't Whoopi say anything?

by Anonymousreply 508April 8, 2019 5:49 PM

Somewhere Rosie O, Paula Faris and Jenny McCarthy are rolling their eyes at Whoopi's hypocrisy today.

by Anonymousreply 509April 8, 2019 5:59 PM

Was Paula mentioned in the book or interviewed?

by Anonymousreply 510April 8, 2019 6:15 PM

R509 She was mean to me too!

by Anonymousreply 511April 8, 2019 6:16 PM

I'm surprised it's not on nypost.com yet, yahoo usually follows after the post. Those type of headlines are what McHefty and her producers are going for when they plan these things but it's clear to me Joy is blindsided by it.

by Anonymousreply 512April 8, 2019 6:21 PM

OMG, Meghan was an ULTRACUNT to Joy.

After her FIFTH Fox Talking Point, when Joy started to talk, Meghan said, "PART OF YOUR JOB is to listen to me!"

What a fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 513April 8, 2019 6:21 PM

How was she mean to Jed? I missed that.

by Anonymousreply 514April 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Y'all are SO MEAN!! Meghan JUST lost her father!

by Anonymousreply 515April 8, 2019 6:29 PM

Speaking of Jed. Why did they let her go? What did she do wrong?

by Anonymousreply 516April 8, 2019 6:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517April 8, 2019 6:35 PM

I thought Jed got let go because she went off script with Hillary Clinton and asked unplanned question(s). I've also read they already had there sights on McHeffer and would have let her go anyway. So maybe a combo of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 518April 8, 2019 6:35 PM

*their* ^^^

by Anonymousreply 519April 8, 2019 6:36 PM

Hmmm, I posted this and all of a sudden it was buried:

OMG, Meghan was an ULTRACUNT to Joy today.

After her FIFTH Fox Talking Point, when Joy started to talk, Meghan said, "PART OF YOUR JOB IS TO LISTEN TO ME!"

What a fucking cunt.

Joy was so shocked that she forgot her next thought.

by Anonymousreply 520April 8, 2019 6:45 PM

Thanks, R518.

by Anonymousreply 521April 8, 2019 6:48 PM

R505, apparently the HR department is distant. (It's in another building.) According to the "Ladies Who Punch" book, someone mentioned HR to Rosie after one of her blow-ups, and she said "What's HR?".

by Anonymousreply 522April 8, 2019 6:49 PM

The index says that Jed is on page 287 and 290 - but she appears nowhere on either page. She's briefly referenced on page 288 as a "libertarian - not a republican" and that's all I can find... so some last minute editing must have gone on. I do remember the supposed interview question problem that R518 mentioned... I think it was in the Post. What a stupid reason to fire someone.

I haven't finished yet, but for those that did - was she mentioned more than this? Those pages were about the election night special in 2016

The book makes it sound like they fire people left and right - with even a "red wedding" moment happening when ABC wiped out Geddie, Jenny, Sherri, and a bunch of other staffers all at once. Yet they let the WORST cohost in the history of the 20+ year show sits there every day ?! Even Hasselbeck was able to act normal when interacting with the panel during disagreements (minus a few meghan-like episodes, but it wasn't every day). What kind of contract does she have that they can't just buy her out & send her to the same trash dump as Megyn Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 523April 8, 2019 6:51 PM

I loathe McCain. Worst case of nepotism I’ve ever seen. Born on third, thinks she hit a homer.

by Anonymousreply 524April 8, 2019 6:54 PM

Joy was stunned today. At first she shot a look to the audience or was it producer Brian? Then Whoopi said “we’re not going to do this today” and sort of reprimanded Megunt without really reprimanding her because she addressed the entire panel. They cut back to Joy who looked stunned and she muttered weakly “I forgot what I was going to say” so unlike Joy. I’ve never seen her almost lose her voice.

by Anonymousreply 525April 8, 2019 6:55 PM

I don't understand the boner for Meghan from The View either. I know quite a few Republicans (I live in the south) and they also can't stand her. Then again, they hate The View altogether so..

by Anonymousreply 526April 8, 2019 6:56 PM

She is a smug cunt.

Just one more thing.............................................................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527April 8, 2019 6:59 PM

Self aware back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528April 8, 2019 7:01 PM

Can’t believe that Tracey (Kill my son if he was gay) Lawrence was on there today. Immediately switched channels.

by Anonymousreply 529April 8, 2019 7:04 PM

He was on Fallon the other night talking about wiping his ass. Fitting.

by Anonymousreply 530April 8, 2019 7:12 PM

She’s not seriously standing in the audience giving advice to someone who can’t get a man to commit. Bitch, bye.

by Anonymousreply 531April 8, 2019 7:21 PM

^^ Wendy Williams, not The View. Don’t mind me!

by Anonymousreply 532April 8, 2019 7:22 PM

If looks could kill, MM would be with her father right now.

by Anonymousreply 533April 8, 2019 7:30 PM

R531

It wont kill us to discuss other shows that deserve a comment or two but not a while thread.

What did she do?

by Anonymousreply 534April 8, 2019 7:31 PM

Meghan's cunty moment comes at 5:05 here, if anyone missed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535April 8, 2019 7:35 PM

Joy was already giving her a look that could kill at 04:07. Then the bust up happens at 05:06.

What would make me lunge across the table and strangle her isn’t even the comment, it’s the hair flip and then the giggle giggle “just sayin”. She was not expecting Whoopi to (sorta) check her. She thought she could get away with it. Jesus she’s a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536April 8, 2019 7:37 PM

Regarding Jedediah, the book is succinct:

"Jedediah Bila was the next to go in September 2017 for agreeing with all the cohosts all the time...

When a CNN reporter called Jedediah one September weekend to ask her if the rumor about Meghan replacing her was true, the secret was out. Jedediah refused to stay for one more month, packing up her office the next Monday. But at least she didn’t quit on TV, as Star Jones had."

by Anonymousreply 537April 8, 2019 7:38 PM

She keeps trying for that split screen moment. But she won't try it with Whoopi because the one time she did tell her she took a "cheap shot", she got shut up real good. Looked like a child cowering in the corner.

Sadly Whoopi doesn't REPRIMAND (hi Elisabeth) her unless she's directing her cuntery at her.

by Anonymousreply 538April 8, 2019 7:40 PM

They should hire a Black conservative, it would be something different for this show.

by Anonymousreply 539April 8, 2019 7:45 PM

They had a great opportunity with Tara Setmeyer who actually made a few good guest cohost appearances on the show. She even shut down Mooghan on one episode.

by Anonymousreply 540April 8, 2019 7:48 PM

Meghan's "you better kiss the racists of Middle America's ass or you'll be sorry" act is getting tired. The racists of Middle America will ALWAYS vote for Trump even writing in his mane after he is gone.

Maybe Whoopi's brush with Death made her realize putting up with Meghan's shit is not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 541April 8, 2019 7:48 PM

Daily Beast: Whoopi Goldberg Intervenes in Off-the-Rails Meghan McCain-Joy Behar Battle Over Immigration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542April 8, 2019 7:50 PM

They should bring Tara back.

by Anonymousreply 543April 8, 2019 7:53 PM

I could deal with Tara also and again, like Ana, she had a sense of humor and could be light and discuss other subjects unlike McNastyJr.

by Anonymousreply 544April 8, 2019 7:55 PM

Myself and two other men, all with differing opinions regarding immigration had a discussion about immigration over the weekend. No raised voices, no fighting, just a discussion...

by Anonymousreply 545April 8, 2019 7:59 PM

So I'm guessing The Beast is still mad that Joy made Abby a lasagna and not her and she had to lash out?

by Anonymousreply 546April 8, 2019 8:01 PM

I wonder if Whoopi doesn't intervene that much because if Joy decided to leave she'd have more clout and could demand more pay.

by Anonymousreply 547April 8, 2019 8:08 PM

It wasn’t even a battle over immigration. Joy was in the middle of making a point in a calm tone of voice when Meghan started cutting across her.

by Anonymousreply 548April 8, 2019 8:12 PM

R546.. The Beast would eat the entire lasagna in one sitting..

by Anonymousreply 549April 8, 2019 8:14 PM

It extra annoys me that Whoopi doesn't check McHeifer when she attacks Joy because Whoopi has stated several times that were it not for Joy, she wouldn't have the job at The View. Joy either suggested her for the job or pulled for her or something. The last time Whoopi mentioned it they were discussing donating a kidney to a friend or relative and Whoopi said she would give Joy a kidney because she got her the job at The View. So she'll give Joy a kidney but won't shut down some spoiled heiress attacking her, makes no sense especially since it's her job to "moderate". As mentioned above Whoopi had no problem shutting down Paula, Rosie, Jenny, Jed and even now Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 550April 8, 2019 8:22 PM

Thanks r537

Wow - I just watched the clip. What the fuck is wrong with that cunt. Please, for the love of god, fire her. If ABC is good at one fucking thing, it's firing people.

by Anonymousreply 551April 8, 2019 8:23 PM

Meghan looked like she had two basketballs underneath that red top this morning.

by Anonymousreply 552April 8, 2019 8:24 PM

Would it be a stretch to say this is elderly abuse?

by Anonymousreply 553April 8, 2019 8:32 PM

What it is, r553, is totally disrespecting a co-worker who has tenure.

by Anonymousreply 554April 8, 2019 8:34 PM

Meghan is a bully. Like R550 pointed out, Whoopi can't call her out on it because Whoopi herself has been a mean girl to several cohosts over the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 555April 8, 2019 8:35 PM

Wow at the gasp from the audience after Meghan said "It's your job to listen to me." Then the applause when Whoopi said "We're not going to do this today." The problem is it looked like she was scolding both Meghan AND Joy. She should have said, "MEGHAN, stop with the snippy asides and stay on topic." Meghan doesn't like Joy because she can't overpower her in debate. So she's going to be mean to her and shake her up.

She acts like a 14-year-old high school brat who hates a teacher for giving her a bad grade that she deserved. So now she's going to try to make the teacher look like a bad teacher. It looks like her parents didn't use the word "No" much when she was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 556April 8, 2019 8:42 PM

If you pause the clip on the wide shot just after Meghans comment you can Abby and Sunny’s reaction. Sunny is looking like “oh no she didn’t” and Abby looks mortified.

by Anonymousreply 557April 8, 2019 8:44 PM

I read The Ladies Who Punch.

It's comedic that Rosie says she talked to the author for "a half hour." Her quotes are half the book, and she spilled her considerable guts.

I was thinking the book would be gossipy and fun. For sure, it was gossipy, but... I don't know. It left me kinda depressed. I guess because, in the end, it's basically about the decline of Barbara Walters. That is the thread that goes though the book. And Barbara isn't even very likable. It's just sad to see her get the bums rush out the door at the end of her career. What makes it sadder is that they were right. She was no longer sharp, and she was constantly making mistakes. She did not belong on-air, and the 50 year old version of herself would have agreed.

The thing about Rosie is- she tries to act all liberal and compassionate, but the fact is she seemed to love to have people fired or fire them herself. This is people's lives we're talking about, and at the start of her second stint on The View she seemed to relish firing people- and not just the big producers- the lower people on the totem pole. No regard for their well-being or families. I don't get her.

The whole thing was kind of a downer, in the end.

by Anonymousreply 558April 8, 2019 8:49 PM

The author is interviewed by Salon today where he gives Meghan yet another tongue bath. Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559April 8, 2019 8:50 PM

Too bad Joy isn't quick with the comeback these days or it would have gone something like this:

MM: It's your job to listen to me.

Joy: No it's not but it is my job not to lunge across the table and slap the white off your rascist, smug face. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 560April 8, 2019 8:53 PM

That was totally uncalled for today. What total POS McCunt is. She needs to get fired. The powers-that-be should just pay her the balance of her contract and kick her out on her fat ass. She brings nothing to the show, just repetitious talking points which she needs to read off index cards. This dumb bitch doesn't have one original thought in that empty head of hers.

I get frustrated when after McCunt screams or makes snide remarks, Joy sits their dumbfounded. I always expect a quick and funny putdown from Joy, yet it never happens. WTF is going on with Joy? She might look great, but you must realize she is close to 80! Maybe she's in the beginnings of mental decline? I don't remember Joy being this passive when a co-host was being this ridiculous and vicious towards her.

Yet, despite all this nonsense from Two Tons McCunt, you know the producers are LOVING every single minute of McCunt's daily bitchy meltdowns, all the producers care about are ratings. McCunt keeps the viewers watching, that's a given.

When she mentioned living in a border town in Arizona, why doesn't anyone ever remind this shallow fake bitch, her parents money shields her from the daily problems the poorer residents of ANY city have to deal with. Everything she talks about, she's full of shit! This spoiled bitch cannot relate to working and middle class people and she damn well knows it! I cannot even look at her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 561April 8, 2019 8:54 PM

Did Rosie have Geddie fired?

by Anonymousreply 562April 8, 2019 9:01 PM

R562 he was the first on a long list, yes.

by Anonymousreply 563April 8, 2019 9:07 PM

What are the chances Joy, Ana and Sunny stage a sick out, calling in sick until they fire McBlimp? They should do the sick out the minute Abby goes on maternity leave, which leaves them with only Bill Cosby Defender Whoopi and the Blimp. Sunny's a lawyer she should be able to find some loop hole or way they could do this without getting fired? Who would they call in to fill 3 empty slots on the panel same day and last minute? Whoever they get to fill in should then be openly hostile towards and argumentative with the Blimp and making impossible for the show to proceed smoothly, the fill ins would have nothing to lose as they don't work there anyway and nothing to be fired from. I bet plenty of celebs would be happy to participate in the get rid of Blimpy project. Who was that guy who put the Blimp in her place on Bill Maher, is he in NYC and can he spare an hour to guest co-host? Maybe ABC needs to be shown what their ratings would be without Joy/Ana/Sunny and just Not Rape-Rape Whoopi and Blimpy holding hands and memorializing Saint John for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 564April 8, 2019 9:15 PM

Thanks, R562.

It all backfired on her, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 565April 8, 2019 9:16 PM

Whoops, I meant R563!

by Anonymousreply 566April 8, 2019 9:17 PM

Ana would never stage a sick out, or stir up trouble with tptb at the view. She needs the gig and the money.

by Anonymousreply 567April 8, 2019 9:22 PM

I think the second time Rosie was invited to cohost the View, one of her conditions of returning was that the show fire Bill Gedde first. The network agreed and fired him. Then Rosie only stayed a couple of months before quitting herself. (She cited family reasons for quitting, but she was annoyed with Whoopi, too.)

by Anonymousreply 568April 8, 2019 9:24 PM

You're right r567, I'm just ott ranting, something about the way Joy reacted (stunned, meek?) really effected me badly, didn't like seeing that, I need to get a grip. Is it reasonable or rational to hope they would suspend the nasty one or force her to apologize on air?

by Anonymousreply 569April 8, 2019 9:28 PM

I'd say that McCunt might be fired after how fuckimg rude she was to Joy today....but this shit brings in ratings. I've never seen Joy be at a loss for words...litterall . What a cunt Meghan is. I don't give a shit who her father, she's a petulant child. She needs a swift kick in the ass!! Cunt!

by Anonymousreply 570April 8, 2019 9:29 PM

Her last tweet was a picture of daddy with the caption “I miss you most on Sundays” I guess her bitchiness is caused by her ongoing grief, snort.

by Anonymousreply 571April 8, 2019 9:32 PM

Lolz she's never getting fired! She brings the drama, and drama brings viewers. No one watches the view because the panel is intelligent, funny, or enlightening; people watch because they want another Rosie and Elisabeth moment!

by Anonymousreply 572April 8, 2019 9:33 PM

Circle of life.

Nana and BG demand Ro be fired or they wouldn't come back for another season. Somehow Rosie after having one notorious flop after another has enough clout with the same network to get Gedde fired years later.

Neither of them survive like The War of the Ros(i)es!

How did she get that kind of power with nothing but her original show from years ago as leverage? The show on OWN was a train wreck that would have humbled most people. Not our Rosie the Revolter!

by Anonymousreply 573April 8, 2019 9:36 PM

r571

I saw that tweet too, reason I saw it is Jake Tapper retweeted it, I extra hate her for making me dislike Jake Tapper for retweeting her so often.

by Anonymousreply 574April 8, 2019 9:41 PM

Bill got a daytime life achievement award Emmy, something Rosie will never see in this lifetime. She has too many burned bridges at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575April 8, 2019 9:46 PM

For the record I don't think Joy was merely 'lost for words' or paralysed with fear or anything. She just doesn't want to give Me-Again the satisfaction of making her into a villain on Fox News for the next month. It's better in this case to say nothing, and let the spoiled child hang herself. If she doesn't argue back [on the air] she makes Meghan look even worse with her bullying.

by Anonymousreply 576April 8, 2019 9:46 PM

I'm sure that keeps her awake at night, r575.

by Anonymousreply 577April 8, 2019 9:47 PM

She's clueless enough not to realize the Pandora's box she just opened. From now on, every time she interrupts a panelist, they need to stop her rant and explain to her, like a parent to a child, that her job is to listen to what they have to say. Every. Fucking. Time.

by Anonymousreply 578April 8, 2019 9:47 PM

I don't know that it keeps her up at night but she has to realize that she is toast in the world of daytime. The Talk auditioned her and rejected her even when she publicly said she would move to LA to take the gig.

NOBODY will hire her!

by Anonymousreply 579April 8, 2019 9:54 PM

r576

Thanks for putting it in the right perspective -- Joy not responding once again killed her split screen attempt.

by Anonymousreply 580April 8, 2019 9:58 PM

Fair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581April 8, 2019 10:01 PM

US Weekly: Rosie O’Donnell Calls Participating in ‘The View’ Book Her ‘Biggest Regret’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582April 8, 2019 10:22 PM

Rosie only did it to appease her publicist.

by Anonymousreply 583April 8, 2019 10:42 PM

Oh please. We didn’t learn anything about her we didn’t already know/suspect

by Anonymousreply 584April 8, 2019 10:48 PM

The book reveals for the first time that, during her first stint, the decision to get rid of her was made the first time she spouted a 9/11 conspiracy theory on-air. There was no way they were going to allow her to stay after that.

She was in negotiations for year 2 at the time. I guess Barbara and Bill Gette told legal to outright reject her salary request for five million per year. Rosie was surprised. She announced on air she would be leaving at the end of the year. A few weeks later, the split screen incident happened, and Rosie walked early

It was the author of the book who told Rosie about the 9/11 thing. She was surprised.

by Anonymousreply 585April 8, 2019 11:01 PM

need new thread

by Anonymousreply 586April 8, 2019 11:03 PM

Roseann still can't defend her own thoughts or her own insinuations. She passes the buck to the publicist! Why would the publicist make this a deal breaker? Rosie has never had any problem telling to people to fuck off, why this time?

by Anonymousreply 587April 8, 2019 11:10 PM

Here you go, r586. Now let us finish this one with civility and verve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588April 8, 2019 11:22 PM

[r585] that actually isn’t true. He says in the book it was NOT the conspiracy theory but that she said on air that you can’t trust the network (ABC) for news. That was what brought her down

by Anonymousreply 589April 8, 2019 11:22 PM

[Quote] she said on air that you can’t trust the network (ABC) for news.

She's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 590April 8, 2019 11:26 PM

I hope Whoopi stays home tomorrow, Joy moderates and Ana is there to give stink eye to snake eyes.

by Anonymousreply 591April 8, 2019 11:28 PM

R1, it wasn't a complete stranger; the author had interviewed Rosie before.

by Anonymousreply 592April 8, 2019 11:47 PM

He met with her multiple times over the years and was close enough that she answered his Twitter DMs and sent him unsolicited haiku poems.

by Anonymousreply 593April 8, 2019 11:52 PM

Their loss?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594April 8, 2019 11:56 PM

R594 Only if Rosie would get into it with that ultra bitch Sharooon Osbitch.

by Anonymousreply 595April 8, 2019 11:58 PM

The Talk got Carrie Ann Inaba to replace Chen. CAI is funny, personable, and beautiful. Rosie is none of those things.

by Anonymousreply 596April 8, 2019 11:58 PM

Ching Chong

by Anonymousreply 597April 9, 2019 12:04 AM

All the money she has from her mother's beer and she can't afford some decent looking fake hair.

by Anonymousreply 598April 9, 2019 12:25 AM

Suck it in Babs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599April 9, 2019 12:27 AM

Baba Bajour!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 9, 2019 12:28 AM

Joy has amazing composure. I would have bitch slapped that tub of lard.

by Anonymousreply 601April 9, 2019 12:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!