Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AUDIO OF ELISABETH HASSELBECK'S "FUCK THAT" BACKSTAGE MELTDOWN ON THE VIEW HAS LEAKED!!!

I read about this in the new book (an expose about the drama at The View), but holy shit...Elisabeth completely loses her mind and shows just how much she hated Barbara Walters!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290April 11, 2019 10:53 AM

Wow

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2019 3:07 PM

For someone who doesn’t swear, the f-words flowed rather freely.

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2019 3:07 PM

No wonder Hasslebeck hasn't had much of a career after the View. What a diva.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2019 3:09 PM

What a complete nutjob. She seriously sounds fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2019 3:15 PM

Very enjoyable! Evidence that Hasselblecch is a liar and that Joy is nice and caring person.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2019 3:17 PM

Oh, I love it.

Barbwa was incredibly condescending, but she was the boss I guess. Joy was sweet, I think. Elizabeth, just seemed to snap like a teenager. Sally Field must've been thinking 'What the fuck have I walked into?'.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2019 3:17 PM

She must be pissed this audio has now leaked. It is a side to her the public has never seen, and it demonstrates she has a VERY nasty and downright rude side to her.

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2019 3:17 PM

God, I'd love to hear the backstage audio of MEghan.

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2019 3:19 PM

Aside from Joy, I think they all come off badly, including BillG.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2019 3:19 PM

After 5 minutes of her whining like a baby and sounding like a cranky toddler, when she said, "She REPRIMANDED me like a CHI-ULD" like she was going to cry, I busted up laughing.

Wish they'd let her just go. All she ever did was the right-wing babytalk victim thing.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2019 3:24 PM

Bill Geddes is a complete asshole. No one on the show could have trusted him, he was a two-faced right-wing bastard.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2019 3:26 PM

I can't imagine having a job where I have to coddle people like that. What a nightmare.

Now, we have to hear leaks of Rosie! I'm sure that would be much, much worse.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2019 3:29 PM

This is hilarious!! Talk about triggered.

Thanks for posting this, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2019 3:29 PM

I thought she was miss perfect Christian?

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2019 3:32 PM

Thought Walters was perfectly justified in her initial reaction.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2019 3:33 PM

She’s so phony. Complaining about Barbara behind her back and then cuddling up to her 15 seconds later.

Nasty whore.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2019 3:34 PM

She's evolved, r14. Now she just peppers her sentences with "fornicatin'".

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2019 3:34 PM

What a sweet little Christian, bible thumping girl.. lol!

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2019 3:35 PM

I’m actually on Elisabeth’s side here. That was completely uncalled for and extremely unprofessional from Barbara, who should know that the show is at its best when it gets into fiery discussion. If you read the whole book, Barbara comes off terribly throughout.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2019 3:38 PM

What a gift on a Friday! I was hoping this would leak because the description was my favourite part of the book.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2019 3:38 PM

I hate the “fiery discussions.”

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2019 3:40 PM

I always loathed Elisabeth but I’m on her side here. She didn’t really do anything wrong and her reaction was justified. She was doing her job and Barbara made her look foolish on air.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2019 3:42 PM

She was yapping like a chihuahua, not discussing.

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2019 3:45 PM

Hasselbeck is vile, but I’m on her side here. Mainly because I’ve had blow-ups at work like that (a couple that were probably worse, honestly). She raised her voice and dropped the f-bomb a few times. It’s not really that bad, considering what Barbara did.

BW is the definition of an imperious cunt.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2019 3:46 PM

Hasselbeck kept shrieking "No! No!" and trying to shut everyone else up because she was just "so passionate" about the issue.

Really not getting why anyone is on her side.

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2019 3:46 PM

Exactly, r23. Barbara was trying to stop her looking foolish on air.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2019 3:47 PM

Little Snowflake was quite triggered? If you can only defend your positions with emotions you have no business doing political commentary. I can’t stand this whiny ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2019 3:47 PM

The timing of the video leaking seems suspicious. She has a new book out right? Maybe she did it herself?

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Me either r25. Walters hate is messing with everyone’s perceptions apparently.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2019 3:48 PM

It sounds like based on Elizabeth’s initial reaction as she left the stage, she keeps mentioning the meeting. Based on that, Barbara must have had a habit of talking down to her in the production meetings? This then spilled over into the live shows. The only one who came off looking good here is Joy. What a saint. Was this around the time Meredith left and then Star quit on air?

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2019 3:49 PM

R25, it’s not about her views (which are odious). It’s about BW embarrassing her and being condescending to her on national television.

It’s a power play and have had bosses pull that shit on me several times and sometimes I’ve reacted just like EH did. It sets me off like you wouldn’t believe.

I don’t hate BW. I don’t particularly like her, but I don’t hate her.

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2019 3:51 PM

No r28 I would think the leak was a result of the other book on The View, Ladies Who Punch, because this incident is detailed there. Rosie came in that morning and joined the meeting and started a row with Elisabeth over the morning after pill. That’s what she’s referencing when she talks about the meeting. Barbara backed Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2019 3:52 PM

Hasselbitch was always a childish fool. She could dish it out but she sure as hell couldn't take it.

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2019 3:52 PM

Elizabitch was out of control. She wasn't discussing. She didn't answer Joy's question, she just kept screaming about destroying life without making any valid points. She deserved what she got, and more. I love a lively discussion but she wasn't discussing. She was just screaming about how she's right and everybody else is wrong. Passion is great but if you don't have a cogent argument to support your passion, you are just sounding off.

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2019 3:52 PM

I watched again and I am absolutely 100% baffled as to why anyone would say she was in the right here.

She's on a tear, going off on tangents and being sarcastic by mocking liberals as saying "oooh, stay out of my body, but give me universal healthcare" sorts of things, and not answering Joy's questions at all, because all she wants to do is throw out old right-wing talking points that aren't pertinent.

Elisabeth was being snide, sarcastic, rude and condescending herself. You're excusing that but saying Barbara's rudeness was inexcusable. I don't buy it.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2019 3:53 PM

Before they go to to commercial, the furious Hasselbeck says (or, rather, shouts): "For people who want government to stay out of your business, and [who think] you can do whatever you want with your body, then why are you for universal health care?"

Can she actually be SO stupid that she doesn't see the completely false equivalency? Or is she not stupid, just evil?

Even IF you think Walters was wrong in reprimanding EH for getting so "passionate" (and I don't agree), EH should have been reprimanded her for that idiotic false equivalency. Either way, she deserved to be condescended to. Because she is a fool and should never have been hired to be on this show in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2019 3:55 PM

If ever there was a time when I refused to take sides...

On one side you have whiny, childish, right wing Elizabitch.

On the other you have condescending, Roy Cohn defending, Roger Ailes friend Baba.

They're both vile cunts. Sitting this one out.

I agree Joy comes across well, though. Love me some Joy Behar.

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2019 3:58 PM

I’m not excusing anything, R35. EH was being annoying, but BW’s scolding her was on another level. There were better ways to shut her down.

Also, it sounds like BW did this kind of thing often, and not just to EH. If you listen closely Joy is sympathizing with her, like she knows exactly how BW is.

Again, I’m only on EH’s side once BW starts lecturing her.

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2019 3:58 PM

Walters acted as a moderator, when Elisabeth.. with her overwrought, high pitched voice, became a bit hysterical with her discussion. I don't see that Walters did anything wrong there.. just trying to turn down the excitement, and bring it to a normal volume, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2019 4:01 PM

The background:

“On this quiet summer day the singer-songwriter Lisa Loeb—“Stay (I Missed You”)—was the celebrity cohost. Earlier that morning, Rosie O’Donnell, in a burst of excitement behind the scenes, stopped by to sit in as an observer on the Hot Topics meeting. “We could barely keep her off the set today,” Barbara explained on TV. The show was getting a makeover because Barbara wanted to keep up with Meredith on Today, even though The View wasn’t on at the same time. In the makeup room, Rosie couldn’t just sit back and observe. She hijacked the discussions about remodeling the set, which she had started managing right down to the new paint colors for the walls. Animosity was in the air. As Rosie kept talking, she championed all the other cohosts except Elisabeth. The producers had to get around to the “headlines they were going to talk about on TV, including a news story about how the FDA was considering the morning-after pill for over-the-counter consumption. As Elisabeth defended her anti-abortion views, Rosie piled on, fighting her in a debate that Rosie wouldn’t even be participating in. Barbara and Joy took Rosie’s side. Elisabeth got so worked up that she started to bawl because she felt that everybody was ganging up on her. Rosie hadn’t even started yet, and Barbara’s rule about saving arguments for the camera had already gone out the window”

Excerpt From Ladies Who Punch Ramin Setoodeh https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ladies-who-punch/id1180793474?mt=11 This material may be protected by copyright.

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2019 4:03 PM

[quote]just trying to turn down the excitement, and bring it to a normal volume, anyway.

No, she was being an imperious cunt, as I said. I’ve walked off of jobs over shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2019 4:06 PM

“In all this havoc, only one person wasn’t breaking a sweat. As producers were running around wildly, Joy looked at herself in a mirror. “I hate this color,” she said about her lavender blouse. “How am I supposed to get pregnant in a color like this?” It was an inside joke because she’d already revealed on TV during the birth control debate that she’d entered menopause. “As Joy stood in front of the mirror during that insane commercial break, she muttered to a few producers, “She gets excited. The other one is going to get just as excited,” Joy said, referring to Rosie. “I’ve got news for you. This is the beginning.”

Excerpt From Ladies Who Punch

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2019 4:06 PM

Elisabitch is a stupid screeching harpie who doesn’t know what she’s talking about. She and Bill Gedde deserve every shitty thing that happens to them. As much as Baba Speechimpediment is a raging cunt her own damn self, she’s totally right in this particular case. Joy is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2019 4:10 PM

LOL at Joy's comments.

She knew what time it was.

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2019 4:11 PM

This is so crazy. I was literally reading about this last night when I was going to sleep. I bet the author leaked it.

It’s a GOOD book, BTW. And I haven’t even gotten to Rosie yet.

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2019 4:11 PM

Does anyone believe that Bill Geddes *really* told Barbara Walters off? LOL

by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2019 4:11 PM

"FUCK that! FUCK that! I'm not even someone who swears! Put THAT in the New York FUCKING Post!"

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2019 4:12 PM

If they have footage of THIS, I can only imagine the recorded tantrums they have of Rosie O'Donnell, Whoopi Goldberg, and Me-Again McCain.

Bill Gedde is a snake.

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2019 4:12 PM

I love how much Bill Geddie lies.

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2019 4:13 PM

If the audience would have booed at Barbara, EH would not be as upset.She was more embarrassed that they laughed and apparently agreed with BW.THAT is what upset her the most.And, she knows that she was unhinged and interrupting.It was not about what BW said, but the audience reaction and her internal realization that she looked like an unhinged whack.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2019 4:13 PM

R31

I think you’re overreacting Barbara was basically telling her to the fuck out and allow for differing opinions. It’s clear Hassleback was working up to an explosion and needs to be coddled. With people like her she probably surrounds herself around an echo chamber so the minute someone with differing views confronts her she becomes a ranting asshole.

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2019 4:13 PM

This is probably why she was kicked off the show.

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2019 4:14 PM

She acted like a spoiled, bratty child. I seriously doubt that anyone told Barabra not to talk down to Elizabeth. I think they were just trying to get Elizabeth to calm down and get back on the show by telling her that. Her absence would have caused more drama and embarrassment. As it was, she was unprofessional and childish. I will pray for her.

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2019 4:20 PM

When she gets angry, she sounds like a scolding chattering chipmunk.

by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2019 4:24 PM

What's also hilarious is that after the break she sits in Barbara's lap!

by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2019 4:27 PM

R51, sounds like a certain two ton lumbering current hulk of a bleached blond whale host they have now.

I wonder who...

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2019 4:27 PM

[quote]and her reaction was justified.

Throwing a temper tantrum at work is never justified. And it’s even worse when you throw one with a hot mic for the entire world to hear.

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2019 4:28 PM

[quote] It’s about BW embarrassing her and being condescending to her on national television.

And you're [italic]complaining[/italic] about that??

Look: Barbara was the big boss. It was her show, as everyone knows (she even announced it in the opening credits). She had a right to restore order when Elisabeth lost it and was making a fool of herself. if Elisabeth didn't like that, she never should have done the show in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote]No, she was being an imperious cunt, as I said. I’ve walked off of jobs over shit like that.

You must be a joy to work with. You’re always going to have a boss, and a lot of times you won’t like them. Deal with it, it’s part of being an adult.

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2019 4:30 PM

I love that Joy referred to Rosie as "the other one," as if Rosie and Elisabeth were basically two peas in a pd. Which was true: neither of them could brook disagreement or behave maturely.

The Rosie/Elisabeth years were good television because it was such a shit show, but neither of them should be political/cultural pundits on TV. They lose it too much.

I feel sorry for Joy who is such a much more mature person (and an excellent debater, by the way). She is my hero. She can convey passion without losing it.

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote] If the audience would have booed at Barbara, EH would not be as upset.She was more embarrassed that they laughed and apparently agreed with BW.THAT is what upset her the most.

Something similar happened when Kathy Griffin was on the show and Elisabeth went for her wig (for making fun of Barbra and the View in her stand up comedy routine). The audience was on Kathy's side, and Elisabeth backed down but she was pissed.

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2019 4:37 PM

Just look at Elisabeth body language early in the clip where she yawns and had to stretch herself in order to stay awake during this apparent boring guest interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2019 4:38 PM

Yes, R61 and, if you watch the vid, she smiles slightly when she is on her rant and the audience approves.She is clearly motivated ONLY by the positive attention she gets-like a 5 year old.And, when she doesn't get that approval, she basically falls on the floor and throws a tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2019 4:39 PM

I don't watch the show and I don't know who Bill Geddes is, but asshole or not, he has my sympathy for having to spend his day massaging those women's egos like that.

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2019 4:39 PM

I remember reading about this on the survivor sucks forum for the View. Posters had said Elisabeth had a blow-up, nearly cried, and then when they came back from commercial, she was sitting in Barbara's lap. Everyday there was some blow up on the show. That was about the time I learned to use my computer's DVR to record the show.

Here's my question...During that commercial break, did the audience hear the sound from Elisabeth's mike? Or just the control room?

Watching that clip is so ironic now. Barbara wanted everyone to remain cool and level headed, but Rosie was about to turn the show into the shouting fest that made iit famous (and boosted its ratings). Today, personal anger, shouting, and losing one's temper are pretty much expected on a daily basis on the show.

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2019 4:39 PM

I think we can can all agree that that was amazing. Was it the show’s custom to leave the mikes on during the breaks? Can you imagine the material they must have?

by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2019 4:40 PM

It's his job, but it's no secret that he fed Elisabeth lines through an ear piece to a) make her sound as coherent as possible and b) to give her the right wing buzzwords she was supposed to use at that moment.

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2019 4:41 PM

[quote] she was being an imperious cunt, as I said. I’ve walked off of jobs over shit like that.

No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2019 4:44 PM

Whatever you think about Walters calling her ‘that woman ‘ was beyond disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 69April 5, 2019 4:46 PM

The View always needs a "passionate" right wing bimbo who rattles down all the current right wing buzzwords. And that's all what the conservative side really stands for. Buzzword and dog whistle rhetoric they think hides their bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 70April 5, 2019 4:58 PM

That is a text book reality tv meltdown. No wonder she was chosen for Survivor!

by Anonymousreply 71April 5, 2019 4:59 PM

No, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother was beyond disrespectful when she called Mrs. Simpson "that woman".

But it was understandable.

Ba Ba calling Elizabitch "that woman" was kind of polite.

by Anonymousreply 72April 5, 2019 4:59 PM

At work I can’t call someone what I really want to call them so I say ‘that person’.

by Anonymousreply 73April 5, 2019 5:02 PM

My favorite was watching Lisa Loeb bite her tongue. I went to Brown w Lisa, and she is funny as hell and whip smart. I know she wanted to just hive Elizabeth a kick to the cunt bone.

by Anonymousreply 74April 5, 2019 5:10 PM

"You tried to humiliate her for thinking what she thought", said Bill Geddie to BaWa. Hardly. The problem was Hasselblecch was screeching and filibustering, not listening to anyone else, which is all BaWa said. It was about her demeanor, not her views.

by Anonymousreply 75April 5, 2019 5:15 PM

SO Un-Christlike!

by Anonymousreply 76April 5, 2019 5:16 PM

Wow. I have always said there is nothing on television like those bitches from The View. I hate Hasselbeck because she is misguided, misinformed, and doesn't think through an idea. But Walters was wrong to demean her on live television and in front of a live audience. Walters needed to be a professional and rise above the matter. She is the adult in the room. Joy did the right thing. She didn't disrespect Walters, and she tried to calm down Elizabeth. That takes a great presence of mind to help the child, not disrespect the boss, and understand that they had three minutes to solve the whole problem. The real problem with that show is that very very people on that panel is a great genius of thought and debate. I always think they prove all the stereotypes of what women are like when they work together : mean, bitchy girls out to stir the pot.

by Anonymousreply 77April 5, 2019 5:17 PM

Marlo Thomas' butler wrote that Ms. Walters was a frequent visitor to the Donahue apartment and that she never acknowledged the help. Not even a smile or a hello.

by Anonymousreply 78April 5, 2019 5:17 PM

Why would Elisabeth write about this in her own book if this made her look bad? She must have thought it made her look good.

by Anonymousreply 79April 5, 2019 5:24 PM

I loved the end where Elisabeth passive agressively shifts Barbara's wig. Everyone knows at the VIew you did not fuck with Barbara's hair.

by Anonymousreply 80April 5, 2019 5:27 PM

LOL

“On the stage, Barbara was frantic. She tried to shoo Loeb away, so that viewers wouldn’t wonder why only one cohost had vanished and not the others. Barbara thought they could perhaps pretend that they had evacuated the entire couch for Sally Field, who was waiting in the wings for an interview about her new show, Brothers & Sisters. Just as Loeb had been told to leave, she was ordered to return, because someone announced Elisabeth was coming back. Barbara, always a steady producer, knew that she needed to keep a loose cannon under control, and she commanded that Elisabeth sit next to her. With mere seconds left, Elisabeth took her seat. “This is why we shouldn’t have done it,” Barbara whispered to her. “Because you’re so emotional.”

by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2019 5:30 PM

This just shows what a bullshiter she is - typically right winger who wants to talk over everyone but when she doesn't have the opportunity and is warned to be respectul, she loses her shit.

I swear all the Republican talking heads are like this. So thin skinned and bullies at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 82April 5, 2019 5:35 PM

I'm not up to this yet (about 1/3 way through) and can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 83April 5, 2019 5:36 PM

If Elisabeth has kept her cool, she could have fucked Babs up by replying, “I agree, Barbara. But of course this discussion by design provokes strong feelings and our job is to have passionate discussions viewers can’t see on other shows.”

THAT would have pointed out that Babs tries to have it both ways. The arguments bring ratings, but then Babs wants to complain about the arguments.

But of course Elisabeth ceded her power as a grown ass woman a long time ago, so she has a temper tantrum and runs to Daddy.

Come to think of it, this is probably why some women are attracted to the right wing. Abdicate all responsibility and power, and have Daddy take care of everything.

I would hate that, but if you’re a lazy skank it might work for you.

by Anonymousreply 84April 5, 2019 5:40 PM

[quote]I always loathed Elisabeth but I’m on her side here. She didn’t really do anything wrong and her reaction was justified.

How is walking off a live show and threatening not to return justified? It’s completely unprofessional and you should not leave your co-workers in the lurch like that whether it’s a live talk show, play, concert, etc. The show must go on. She should have been fired for pulling that walk out in the middle of a live show. It would have been great if Bill wasn’t able to get her back with seconds to spare and they had to explain to the audience why Elisabeth suddenly left.

by Anonymousreply 85April 5, 2019 5:40 PM

Her poor hot husband and brother in law...and kids. I’m sure she does this regularly and likely her whole life. She sounds very spoiled, yet her politics will likely get her another job

by Anonymousreply 86April 5, 2019 5:48 PM

Whiny brat, unsurprisingly she has the mentality of an 8 yr old. Barbara was constantly coddling that little viper and deserved to be secretly hated by her. What was with Behar sympathizing with her? I've gotten so sick of that phony "liberal" hag, the left deserves far better representation.

by Anonymousreply 87April 5, 2019 5:49 PM

Yes R75..

by Anonymousreply 88April 5, 2019 5:49 PM

Behar's "I know, I know" wasn't sympathizing, it was what you say when you're just trying to get someone to shut up and move on.

by Anonymousreply 89April 5, 2019 5:52 PM

Elisabeth threatened to quit so why didn’t she? And why didn’t they fire her? Imagine having this freak out at your office and threatening to quit. Your boss would be like the Cricklet Wireless hairballs and been like “Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!”👋🏻

by Anonymousreply 90April 5, 2019 5:55 PM

[quote] There were better ways to shut her down.

Yes there were. Barbara should have maced her, right there on camera.

by Anonymousreply 91April 5, 2019 6:00 PM

The fake hugging and making up after is just as bad as Elisabeth's meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 92April 5, 2019 6:02 PM

Imagine... If Elizabeth.... Had ripped that wig off Walters' head.

Just imagine.

by Anonymousreply 93April 5, 2019 6:04 PM

Lol r91!

by Anonymousreply 94April 5, 2019 6:05 PM

God I'd like to take a garden claw to that retarded bitch's face.

by Anonymousreply 95April 5, 2019 6:08 PM

Any other Survivor alum would be happy to wipe Babwa's ass.

And those of you comparing this to you own experiences, unless you worked in front of the camera, it's a preposterous comparison.

by Anonymousreply 96April 5, 2019 6:10 PM

When Star surprised the panel by announcing that she was leaving she reached out and held hands with Barbara and Joy like they were in a prayer circle. As soon as the cameras cut off Barbara hit the roof. Barbara was all about keeping up appearances on screen.

by Anonymousreply 97April 5, 2019 6:10 PM

Barbara Walters is a complete bitch. I've been interviewed by her. My politics are very different from Elisabeth Hasselbeck, but she was right in this case re BW.

by Anonymousreply 98April 5, 2019 6:11 PM

Like hell she was r98, Barbara's point was that Elisabeth can be expected to be an adult who doesn't try to win arguments with emotional blackmail by throwing a crying fit.

by Anonymousreply 99April 5, 2019 6:14 PM

I disagree with Elisabeth on everything. But I think she's in the right here. I don't even think Elisabeth fully understood what the pill did, and she refused to back down when it was explained that it only prevented fertilization.

Barbara handled it awfully. And the fact that this leaked is inexcusable. I do think the 180 on both their parts when the camera goes back on speaks volumes about television.

by Anonymousreply 100April 5, 2019 6:19 PM

Barbara did nothing inappropriate....the only one acting immature was Elizabeth. It must be that right wing victim hood that they all use when someone says or does something they dont like. She should have been fired on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 101April 5, 2019 6:24 PM

Who was the co-host with the glasses? I didn't recognize her. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 102April 5, 2019 6:26 PM

[quote]Hasselbeck is vile, but I’m on her side here. Mainly because I’ve had blow-ups at work like that (a couple that were probably worse, honestly).

Really? You throw temper tantrums like this at your work? What must your boss and co-workers think of you? So embarrassing that an adult would act like this. You must be a joy to work around.

by Anonymousreply 103April 5, 2019 6:26 PM

R102, that’s Oscar winner Sally Firlds. How dare you not recognize her!

by Anonymousreply 104April 5, 2019 6:27 PM

Sally looked great. Her plastic surgery for her new show hasn’t settled yet.

by Anonymousreply 105April 5, 2019 6:28 PM

THAT was Sally Field? I was waiting for her to speak hoping I'd recognize the voice. I've started threads about Sally on here!

by Anonymousreply 106April 5, 2019 6:31 PM

The View would be nothing without Joy!

by Anonymousreply 107April 5, 2019 6:32 PM

r106, it was Lisa Loeb

by Anonymousreply 108April 5, 2019 6:43 PM

Elisabeth acted like a spoiled brat. Barbara is the boss and she leads the panel. If she says something you listen and follow her guidance. Being passionate about something may make good ratings but you have to be smart to find the balance between passionate and unhinged. And Barbara apparently felt Elisabeth came off as unhinged (and disrespectful) ... or more unhinged (and disrespectful) than usual.

by Anonymousreply 109April 5, 2019 6:44 PM

Elizabeth once told a story about how her husband left a grape in the sink after he washed a bunch to have as a snack. She saw the grape there and left it because she felt that it was his responsibility to put the grape down the garbage disposal. He probably didn't even realize it was there, and Elizabeth said nothing to him about it bothering her, but she quietly fumed over it, vowing to leave it there until he threw it away. And she did leave it there for about a week, announcing to the View audience, each day, that the grape was still there. She finally went off on him and forced him to roll the rotting grape into the disposal. She really is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 110April 5, 2019 6:46 PM

[quote] What a complete nutjob. She seriously sounds fucking insane.

I love it!!!! Her ego was completely unchecked! I feel sorry for Rosie. If she would do that to BARBARA F*CKING WALTERS -- the Grand Dame of Disney/ABC and the creator of the show -- she has no respect or humility. She is what is known on DL as a "dumb cunt."

by Anonymousreply 111April 5, 2019 6:47 PM

That’s not Sally Field. Sally was due on in the next segment. That is Lisa Loeb.

by Anonymousreply 112April 5, 2019 6:50 PM

I don't see the need to take sides. They were both right and both wrong.

I remember B.W. patronising Debbie on air in a very unattractive way and Debbie left soon after. I couldn't see what the fuck Debbie said that was wrong.

I liked Debbie, personally.

It was a loss.

by Anonymousreply 113April 5, 2019 6:50 PM

I will never understand people who behave like this at work. If you can't control your temper tantrums at your place of employment (I've lost count of how many times I've had to bite my tongue), I'd hate to see how you act up at home.

by Anonymousreply 114April 5, 2019 6:50 PM

Lisa Loeb! That makes sense! But she does look ever so slightly like Sally in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 115April 5, 2019 6:51 PM

For the younger ones, that's Debbie, in yellow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 5, 2019 6:51 PM

Debbie in blue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 5, 2019 6:52 PM

Debbie in red.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 5, 2019 6:53 PM

Didn't Elisabeth have a meltdown on Survivor?

by Anonymousreply 119April 5, 2019 6:54 PM

Walters was right, she took control of someone spinning out of control, who later spun even more out of control.

by Anonymousreply 120April 5, 2019 6:55 PM

I mean, don't you wonder why he didn't do it sooner, r110? Did he just never go near the sink again?

by Anonymousreply 121April 5, 2019 6:55 PM

No, Elisabeth didn't have a meltdown on Survivor. She clung to a nice, quiet man old enough to be her father, pushing him to be her father figure in the game.

by Anonymousreply 122April 5, 2019 6:56 PM

I LOVE the "Viewer Discretion" warning at the beginning of the clip. I just wish someone would take some sound bytes and make a rap song from it.

by Anonymousreply 123April 5, 2019 6:57 PM

[QUOTE] “the other one”

That is classic.

by Anonymousreply 124April 5, 2019 6:58 PM

[quote]Barbara Walters is a complete bitch. I've been interviewed by her.

Mmm.

by Anonymousreply 125April 5, 2019 6:58 PM

Joy’s “the other one” is very funny and how prophetic!

by Anonymousreply 126April 5, 2019 7:02 PM

The story at r110 makes her look like the fool she is. She thinks she's so smart and able to teach her husband a really valuable lesson and then gets pissed when her teaching method doesn't work on him. It didn't work, because the teacher (her) is a stupid bimbo thinking she's way smarter than she really is!

by Anonymousreply 127April 5, 2019 7:04 PM

I dislike Barbara but if anyone has the right to be condescending to Elizabeth it's Barbara.

Barb was THE PIONEER female in TV news and Elizabeth was a fucking reality show contestant. And she even sucked at that.

by Anonymousreply 128April 5, 2019 7:04 PM

Yes, but it was BW who brought this stupid gurl onto the show.

by Anonymousreply 129April 5, 2019 7:07 PM

Barbara should be equally mortified about the belly flab hanging over her belt when she leans forward to embrace Elisabeth.

by Anonymousreply 130April 5, 2019 7:08 PM

[quote]Barbara should be equally mortified about the belly flab hanging over her belt when she leans forward to embrace Elisabeth.

Barbara's a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 131April 5, 2019 7:09 PM

Was it BW or Bill Geddie who brought and backed Hasslebeck on the show?

by Anonymousreply 132April 5, 2019 7:09 PM

I don't know if Barb or Bill brought on Elizabeth but even if it was all Barb's decision in my opinion that gives her more right to squash "that ungrateful bitch" Hasselbeck.

THAT AUDIO IS DELICIOUS AND I CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

Please God let more audio leak from those crazy cunts.

by Anonymousreply 133April 5, 2019 7:11 PM

No, R121.

by Anonymousreply 134April 5, 2019 7:13 PM

Elisabeth was fired from fox and friends as well.

by Anonymousreply 135April 5, 2019 7:16 PM

Elisabeth needs to be on the next All Stars season of Survivor. On a tribe with Reem.

by Anonymousreply 136April 5, 2019 7:19 PM

Don’t know who hired her but Bill Geddie took her under his wing. Before the show he would be in her dressing room writing notes for the hot topics and telling her what to say. Barbara called in a favor and got her the gig on Fox and Friends when they fired her.

by Anonymousreply 137April 5, 2019 7:24 PM

Joy basically said when Elisabeth was on the show recently that they fought on air but got along behind the scenes...with the implication that the same was not true with her and Meghan McCain. In any event, I think both Elisabeth and Barbara come off badly here. Elisabeth was acting like a child and Barbara handled it badly with the public scolding. If she needed to shut her down she should have just said they needed to go to commercial. That’s how Joy (rather brilliantly) cut Meghan off when she was on a rant earlier this week while Joy was moderating.

by Anonymousreply 138April 5, 2019 7:25 PM

Elisabeth and Moogan are one in the same.. except the weight.

by Anonymousreply 139April 5, 2019 7:35 PM

R138, you're absolutely right, but Barbara doesn't think as quickly on her feet like comedienne Joy; she seems to panic when things go off script.

I cannot stand Elisabeth, but this clip could have been a lot worse. At least she didn't call Barbara any names behind her back. Also, when she got back on stage, she very clearly stated why she was upset with Barbara (the "scolding") without saying anything vicious to her (e.g. "No wonder your daughter hates your guts.").

by Anonymousreply 140April 5, 2019 7:35 PM

I live for this shit. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 141April 5, 2019 7:36 PM

Who is the deeply closeted man in the photo posted by R116 ?

by Anonymousreply 142April 5, 2019 7:36 PM

Well, this puts Barbara's "pulling in a favor" to get Elisabeth a job at Fox in a whole new light. The only View I've watched are clips on the threads here, so I'm not really aware of any animus between Barbara and Elisabeth. In fact, it always sounded like E. was Barbara's favorite and got kid gloves treatment due to her status. Talk about different perspective. I'm starting to wonder if Babs sent her over to Bill Shine and Co. as punishment, knowing full well how the Ailes operation was run as a sort of courtesan farm where she who complies and sexes up the most or permits hands an harassment gets all the goodies. She replaced the harassed Gretchen Carlson, after all. No wonder poor Elisabeth lasted such a short time. She got sent into the lions' den and could not survive, so she "retired" to a farm in Tennessee. Such an ignorant mess got eaten alive by the very men she worshiped.

by Anonymousreply 143April 5, 2019 7:38 PM

I’d love to know if it’s an intentional decision to always have the the most conservative one on the panel also be “the young one” or if it’s just a coincidence? Because in both the case of Elisabeth and Meghan not only are their talking points usually straining credulity, but they consistently undermine their own arguments by being so incredibly immature whenever they’re challenged by other members of the panel.

by Anonymousreply 144April 5, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote] The View would be nothing without Joy!

Would you fuck off? If my father were still alive today, he'd kick the shit out of you. My father was a true American and his values live in me today. My father helped make the Republican party great and I'm not going to sit here and allow you to compliment Joy who has never been anything like my father.

by Anonymousreply 145April 5, 2019 7:41 PM

R144, I think that the Republicans only want "young ones" to represent them. When it comes to women that is. The men can be old, fat, bald, and ugly. But the women better be young and blond, or they're ignored.

by Anonymousreply 146April 5, 2019 7:42 PM

Yeah.. repubs have a formula for their women...overly bleached hair, tons of eye makeup...Barbie dollish.

by Anonymousreply 147April 5, 2019 7:45 PM

I've wondered what it would be like to be married to NFL dick. And they're super Christian and she's a bitch so he he's probably only allowed to cum inside her.

by Anonymousreply 148April 5, 2019 7:48 PM

Tune into the next episode of The View where borderline retarded people will push your buttons with their inane comments and emotional outbursts!

by Anonymousreply 149April 5, 2019 7:48 PM

Joy spoke to her like doctors speak to mental patients.

by Anonymousreply 150April 5, 2019 7:49 PM

[quote]Joy who has never been anything like my father.

Well, they both like men. There’s something.

by Anonymousreply 151April 5, 2019 7:50 PM

Lol R150!

by Anonymousreply 152April 5, 2019 7:50 PM

I remember when SNL did an early send up of the show. It started with Barbara saying something like: "I've always wanted to create a show where intelligent women can discuss their points of view...and someday, I still might!"

by Anonymousreply 153April 5, 2019 7:52 PM

[quote] Joy spoke to her like doctors speak to mental patients.

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 154April 5, 2019 7:53 PM

Shows the utter fakeness of this “Christian” woman. Swears like a sailor and sits in Barbara’s lap at the end. Reminds me of some coworkers- talk shit about the boss, then fawn all over them. Makes me want to throw up. She probably blew Ailes to get the Fox job, then made fun of his weight when he wasn’t around.

by Anonymousreply 155April 5, 2019 7:55 PM

[quote]Shows the utter fakeness of this “Christian” woman. Swears like a sailor and sits in Barbara’s lap at the end.

Shows you should look elsewhere for role models.

by Anonymousreply 156April 5, 2019 7:57 PM

R153 That's funny!

by Anonymousreply 157April 5, 2019 7:59 PM

It’s odd that people talk about this like it’s a typical workplace situation. I hate Elizabeth with the heat of 100 suns, but it’s not hard to see why someone would melt down after being humiliated in front of millions of people.

by Anonymousreply 158April 5, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote][R153] That's funny!

>>>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 5, 2019 8:02 PM

So many are tired of this asshole and her hysterical agenda.

by Anonymousreply 160April 5, 2019 8:02 PM

Oh STFU you libtards! I know all you communists just want to leave babies to die on the street! Well I'll fight to the death for their right to be born. And after that, who gives a fuck. You're on your own, little shits, no government handouts.

by Anonymousreply 161April 5, 2019 8:07 PM

But Elisabeth's off-air meltdown was preceded by her on-air meltdown, which is the reason Walters stepped in to begin with, R158.

by Anonymousreply 162April 5, 2019 8:27 PM

Did she leak this herself?

She has a book or something out at the moment.

Also, it had to be her phone that was recording because her voice is the loudest in every part of the studio.

I think it was her own recording and she leaked it for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 163April 5, 2019 9:10 PM

ABOUT ROSIE'S CRUSH..... In response, Elisabeth said the comments were "reckless, untrue and not only insulting, disturbing when it comes to how she felt about somebody in the workplace."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 5, 2019 9:13 PM

She's such an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 5, 2019 9:14 PM

According to the book, Elizabeth was let go from Fox because she wasn't willing to work past 9am -ie. Mingle, do other shows, etc.

by Anonymousreply 166April 5, 2019 9:20 PM

R110 Thats just how I roll

by Anonymousreply 167April 5, 2019 10:12 PM

R148, Matt Hasselbeck(left) is better looking than Tim Hasselbeck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 5, 2019 10:19 PM

For some reason I thought Elisabeth’s husband was attractive. I must have been mixing him up with someone else.

by Anonymousreply 169April 5, 2019 10:44 PM

[quote] Barbara Walters is a complete bitch. I've been interviewed by her.

What kind of tree did you tell her you'd like to have been?

by Anonymousreply 170April 5, 2019 10:48 PM

What a cunt fest! Barbara has always been a huge bitch. Im glad Star Jones blindsided her by quitting on air!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 5, 2019 10:52 PM

What was she before she was on The View? I don’t watch that fraustorm but I’ve heard so much about it over the years.

by Anonymousreply 172April 5, 2019 10:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 5, 2019 10:58 PM

It was disgusting the way Joy and Bill cowed down to that piece of right wing shit. They should have let her walk and then sued the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 174April 5, 2019 10:58 PM

Joy didn't cow. She said she had been through the same thing. Which makes one wonder what Barbara said or did to her? It's implied in the book that there was some resentment on Barbara's end.

Joy needs to dish, but she doesn't seem to be the type of person to do that. She has a "Let's just move on" mentality whereas Rosie will milk a grudge until the udders run dry. Plus I think she holds Walters with high regard, and feels it would be disrespectful to go that route.

by Anonymousreply 175April 5, 2019 11:10 PM

EH is a cunt, but so is BW. Here's my thought on this. First, saying "calm down, dear" to someone who is that angry is not going to work. Have you ever calmed down when someone said that to you? It just makes it worse. BW was being a cunt when she said that & she knew it. Listen to the tone in her voice.

All that being said - EH knew what she signed up for. If you gave me her paycheck and said I'd have to put up with a boss like BW - I'd say - fine - I know what I am getting into. (though saying no to an offer like that is easier said than done). But anyway, I would have to bury all the anger inside & go on cymbalta to survive until I quit. This situation is not unfamiliar to me. I lost my shit many times with during a horrible job, but never in front of any bosses & rarely coworkers. The place rife with psychopaths climbing over each other, so screaming at them is pointless anyway (they don't care about anything except themselves & how they are seen - which seems to be the case here where BW was hell bent on getting EH back on stage. They do celeb interviews with partial panels all the time. The whole thing didn't even make sense from that angle. But, BW is a control freak and you do not disobey her.

Anyway, the clip is rather amazing & I would love to know who released it... and I want more. They could make a whole show out of leaked audio from the View.

by Anonymousreply 176April 5, 2019 11:21 PM

Joy knew there was no use in trying to reason with her because you can't reason with the unreasonable. It's very telling that the silly bitch was only pissed because she was chastised in front of the viewers. Egotistical cuntwipe.

by Anonymousreply 177April 5, 2019 11:28 PM

The should make all conservatives on that panel wear electrical collars so that the moderators can press a button and shock the shit out of them whenever they start acting the fool.

by Anonymousreply 178April 5, 2019 11:29 PM

I've been telling y'all for years that Rosie is the sane one, and it's the rest of them who are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 179April 5, 2019 11:31 PM

^ I was waiting for Rosie to weigh in!

by Anonymousreply 180April 5, 2019 11:38 PM

I loved that Bill Gedde was feeding her a complete line of bullshit about what Barbara said and felt....and she fucking fell for it. That showed in itself that Elizabeth was a narcissistic attention seeking bitch. As long as he told her what she wanted to hear, she was fine. She liked the drama.

by Anonymousreply 181April 5, 2019 11:44 PM

[quote] Im glad Star Jones blindsided her by quitting on air!

Ah, but never forget: Barbara got her revenge and more the very next episode.

BURN, STAR!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182April 5, 2019 11:44 PM

This makes me so upset Bar-Brah! What a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 183April 5, 2019 11:47 PM

LOL - The clip at R62 says "Hi to DL!" on it.

by Anonymousreply 184April 5, 2019 11:56 PM

"Listen to the filthy mouth on ya, ya FUCKIN' WHORE!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 6, 2019 12:16 AM

Honestly, WHO cares, this tiresome woman is such a nonentity.

As Oscar Wilde said: "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

That sure is the truth! ANY publicity is better than none. This 'news' will help this blond airhead troll selling her book and keep her in the limelight for a little while longer.

by Anonymousreply 186April 6, 2019 12:17 AM

Bill sold Babs down the river, the bastard, telling Liz that Barbara knew she was in the wrong. He would be nothing without her.

by Anonymousreply 187April 6, 2019 12:24 AM

How much of the show was there left after the walk off?

by Anonymousreply 188April 6, 2019 12:29 AM

Another clip that I never get tired of is when Rosie and Whoopi walked off the show live on the air. Old cunt Babs scolded them too.

by Anonymousreply 189April 6, 2019 12:47 AM

the Christian whore can get her fat ass back to the boonies and never show her fugly face to tv again !!!!

by Anonymousreply 190April 6, 2019 12:50 AM

Elisabeth was picked because Lisa Ling was too smart for the show. Bill could not control her and she had a decidedly liberal opinion. They tried out several hosts, it came down to Rachel Campos, former real worlder and cuban republican and Hasselbeck, white bread rebuplican barbie. Bill G had a crush on Hasselbeck;s husband so he picked her.

by Anonymousreply 191April 6, 2019 12:50 AM

[quote]How much of the show was there left after the walk off?

Considering a guest was coming up in the next segment, I’m going to guess and say at least half the show. Or, at a minimum, 20 minutes or more.

by Anonymousreply 192April 6, 2019 12:51 AM

babs made that show, they all be nuthin without her.. they can go kiss her feet,, cause they owe their fame to her !!!

by Anonymousreply 193April 6, 2019 12:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 6, 2019 12:53 AM

At the time I didn’t notice it so much but looking back now Barbara’s face was distorted from surgery. She spent most of hot topics putting her hand out to try to calm things down to no avail. I’ve been watching clips from the Whoopi, Joy, Sherri, Elisabeth era and poor Barbara is like the matriarch trying to quiten a family feud at the Thanksgiving table.

by Anonymousreply 195April 6, 2019 1:01 AM

E's a bully cunt. She's dead to the View. Good

by Anonymousreply 196April 6, 2019 1:14 AM

Did you see Elisabeth’s apology for swearing on Instagram? Ugh. God, God, God, God, God, ..............shameless book plug!!................God, God, God, God.

by Anonymousreply 197April 6, 2019 1:15 AM

Rosie has addressed it on her "Ask Ro" site --

[bold]it was not typical of her[/bold]

[bold]know bill g ran to her aide EVERY time[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 198April 6, 2019 1:51 AM

So Bill AND Rosie both had crushes on Lizzie? Wow. I am missing the draw, personally.

by Anonymousreply 199April 6, 2019 1:52 AM

Elisabeth has posted a comment about the leaked audio.....

"Yes - There were times when I was quite humanly reactive. I used a bad word when frustrated. I was pregnant with Taylor and a big conversation about the value and the lives of the unborn took place at the View. It was a battle -but not of the flesh. I used fighting words because I believe that God decides the value of the lives of babies. We care for a group of Robin’s eggs in a nest before they are hatched and likely would think twice before stomping on the awesome blue shells because we know what God placed inside the hard womb. And in the heat of the moment, when I felt the need to protect what I knew to be truth and had seen with my own eyes on ultrasound the LIFE in my own shell of a body- I used big battle words (one in particular that I am not proud of and am sorry for using in the heat of trying to defend the lives of the unborn). 2 things I have grown to learn: 1) there are words that DISTRACT from your point: Choose wisely 2) I have a God who fights the battle. I don’t have to do that all on my own.

God has changed my ways. He has given me a new thing - it is my heart. He literally did that and I wrote a lot about it in #PointOfViewBook and I boast of plenty of failure and imperfection there. I still hold all my Constitutionally protected rights to freedom of faith : but now: I can hold the hand of the person who does not agree at the same time because I believe that we can do that by His grace. hold truth and hold grace as best we can. BY HIS POWER. In my weakness I am made strong. My new word that begins with the letter F: FAITHFUL

Because that is who GOD IS."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 6, 2019 1:52 AM

Jee....zus, Elisabeth.

by Anonymousreply 201April 6, 2019 1:58 AM

Joy: I hear what you're saying. I hear what you're saying.

As an English teacher, Joy knows this sounds good and means absolutely nothing. Hearing it calmed Elizabeth down, just momentarily. She runs on emotion and what feels good to hear, not anything rational, like what's actually being said.

by Anonymousreply 202April 6, 2019 2:02 AM

Wait, why was this sat on and suddenly leaked 13 years later? I haven't followed the View in years.

by Anonymousreply 203April 6, 2019 2:05 AM

R8 Fuck, you’re ridiculous. Stay in your “dangling tendrils” pen with the other sad losers. Your witty asides are puerile and uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 204April 6, 2019 2:09 AM

I remember watching this episode (yes 13 years ago)

I didn't go through this thread, but did they mention that Liz RIPPED UP HER SCRIPT when they were leading out to commercial (Liz not realizing the camera was still on her)

by Anonymousreply 205April 6, 2019 2:11 AM

I am petty. I love this. I too was under the impression Elizabeth's husband was some hot jock. Based on the picture posted above, I was misinformed to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 206April 6, 2019 2:12 AM

r205 when she is going back out she says I ripped up all my cards.

by Anonymousreply 207April 6, 2019 2:15 AM

thanks R207, but she ripped them up when she was on-camera!

by Anonymousreply 208April 6, 2019 2:17 AM

The video below shows her ripping up the cards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 6, 2019 2:18 AM

The episode right before Star Jones quit had the cast of The Devil Wears Prada (AnnE, Stanley Tucci and M)... I think this was 2006? In keeping with the theme of the movie, the Hot Topic segment was horrible bosses. I remember Star made some very pointed comments about how a female boss was much more likely to stab you in the back than a male boss...and Barbara disagreeing with her.

Then in the next episode Star announced she was leaving.

by Anonymousreply 210April 6, 2019 2:44 AM

Believe it or not, there was still an interview to go with Sally Field about her Programme (then about to debut).

by Anonymousreply 211April 6, 2019 3:09 AM

I still delight in Star's deliciously vicious cuntback to Barbara:

[quote]"It is a sad day when an icon like Barbara Walters, in the sunset of her life, is reduced to publicly branding herself as an adulterer, humiliating an innocent family with accounts of her illicit affair and speaking negatively against me all for the sake of selling a book," Jones told Us Magazine. "It speaks to her true character."

by Anonymousreply 212April 6, 2019 3:20 AM

damn r212 I forgot all about how cunty Star vs Barbara got! Starlet was out for blood hunny!

by Anonymousreply 213April 6, 2019 3:28 AM

people giggle at her behind her back at the church, she only says hi to the rich people and her family is messy....sad situation

by Anonymousreply 214April 6, 2019 3:30 AM

R214 Are you talking about Star or Liz?

by Anonymousreply 215April 6, 2019 3:46 AM

What kind of pill are they talking about?

by Anonymousreply 216April 6, 2019 3:51 AM

The morning after pill I thought. something about it being over the counter, not behind the pharmacy like sudafed.

by Anonymousreply 217April 6, 2019 3:53 AM

er actually -- the morning after pill used to be prescription-only. Now, you can just buy it at the drugstore. Apparently this was VERY triggering for Lizzie as a "first step in destroying life" or whatever. Fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 218April 6, 2019 4:00 AM

Her reaction to Rosie’s “crush” is ridiculous. Someone crushing on you or thinking you’re hot is a compliment, it’s flattering. It’s not to get riled up about unless they’re asking you out repeatedly or being very weird and in your face about it. Her flip out seems over the top.

by Anonymousreply 219April 6, 2019 4:05 AM

We can pray for her ... like she’s praying for Rosie?

by Anonymousreply 220April 6, 2019 4:14 AM

These days she cannot form a sentence without it looping back to Christ. I'm 100% serious. Every time she speaks she has to reference Jesus. It's sad to watch. She was already super christian and that was fine, I get that. Something has happened recently, with god redirecting her heart and giving her a frame of reference by him, guiding her down his path.

by Anonymousreply 221April 6, 2019 4:22 AM

We can pray for her ... like she prayed for Rosie?

by Anonymousreply 222April 6, 2019 4:23 AM

Her constant religious hammering is as bad as Kathie Lee's.

by Anonymousreply 223April 6, 2019 4:34 AM

Not a big Lizzie fan, but Babs was a total cunt to her. Joy handled it so professionally. Very few women on this show liked Barbara. She was mean old cunt who thought they owed their life to her. Elisabeth should have walked out, and not come back

by Anonymousreply 224April 6, 2019 4:38 AM

I never thought I would feel sorry for Elisabeth. Barbara was a real piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 225April 6, 2019 4:43 AM

Hi Liz, I was just talking to God and um...he thinks you're a whiny little bitch that needs to just shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 226April 6, 2019 4:44 AM

I know you guys hate Hasselbeck so you're instantly against her, but notice how Joy seems to be completely siding with her. Waters really does seem like a notorious piece of work. Also, from 2006? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 227April 6, 2019 4:47 AM

Joy is just being a good workplace mediator. She was also like this during the Rosie vs. Elisabeth meltdown. Barbara, Rosie and Elisabeth are all difficult people to work with.

by Anonymousreply 228April 6, 2019 4:53 AM

Elizabeth was unprofessional in the original segment. She really made the show trashy. She was hollering and getting sweaty as she berating Joy about the “slippery slope”. I’ve had a thousand discussions about sex and politics and religion with people - Catholics and Jews and Muslims and atheists - and no sober adult who is not a fundamentalist carries on like that. No one.

So I am on Barbara’s side when she told Elisabeth to “calm down” - a phrase that is like waving a red flag in front of a bull but was nonetheless warranted.

As for Joy and Bill comforting her backstage, it was like they were consoling a tantruming child because they needed her to settle down and get back onstage. Joy cooed “I know, I know...” and Bill talked shit about Barbara, to whom I’m sure he said the same shit about Elisabeth.

by Anonymousreply 229April 6, 2019 4:54 AM

Joy was only trying to calm down the hysterical drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 230April 6, 2019 4:55 AM

The View's worst mistake was when they started firing the fuck out of everyone from 2013. Show has never recovered and I don't believe it has gone a year without a cast change since.

by Anonymousreply 231April 6, 2019 4:59 AM

The View was a fucked up family.

by Anonymousreply 232April 6, 2019 5:00 AM

R230 Exactly EH was acting like a spoiled big baby, so Joy was attempting to sweet talk her back. The whole situation was due to her own insecurity. She was spewing her conservative talking points, and thinking she made so much sense with her silly analogy. Barbara was bringing things back to the middle as the moderator and in EH's little mind, not properly appreciating her talking points, so she felt slighted. Her behavior was so immature. It was a discussion not a church sermon where everyone else say amen.

by Anonymousreply 233April 6, 2019 5:03 AM

SEND HER TO SOME CHRISTIAN ISLAND FAR FAR AWAY

by Anonymousreply 234April 6, 2019 7:03 AM

Kathy Griffin reacts to the Elizabeth Hasselbeck "Fuck that!" video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 6, 2019 7:09 AM

Remember, she was only 27 in this video. Who amongst us haven’t thrown tantrums like that at work when we were that age? Team Elisabeth.

by Anonymousreply 236April 6, 2019 7:11 AM

What are Lizzie’s credentials again? She was blond, cute and conservative. Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 237April 6, 2019 9:19 AM

It sounds as though Joy's remarks have been edited or muted.

by Anonymousreply 238April 6, 2019 11:03 AM

They haven’t transcribed most of Joy’s remarks. The transcription is pretty bad. I think they rushed it out.

by Anonymousreply 239April 6, 2019 11:20 AM

The recording came from Hasslebeck's mic which makes it difficult for the others to be as clear as her voice. I imagine that there is a separate recording of Joy's mic (if she kept it on and also if it wasn't deleted by the studio technician or technicians).

by Anonymousreply 240April 6, 2019 12:32 PM

So for anybody who thinks they want to work in the glamorous world of entertainment, where creative people work supportively together to create art and feeling, welcome to a normal day.

by Anonymousreply 241April 6, 2019 12:46 PM

r241. Yeah, because most people think that shows like the View or Desperate Housewives have no behind the scenes' drama at all.

by Anonymousreply 242April 6, 2019 12:55 PM

[quote]Remember, she was only 27 in this video. Who amongst us haven’t thrown tantrums like that at work when we were that age?

I am going to generously assume you're being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 243April 6, 2019 1:11 PM

[quote] So for anybody who thinks they want to work in the glamorous world of entertainment, where creative people work supportively together to create art and feeling, welcome to a normal day.

Are the adults who actually believe that though? Maybe I’m giving the American public too much credit. I’ve worked everywhere from fast food to an international law firm to a government job. I’ve been the only man in the office and I’ve worked in places that had no women at all. Each and every time there was backstabbing, competition, gossiping and drama. Could people really think that commercial tv/film/theatre where there’s huge egos, millions of dollars at stake would be a hippie commune?

by Anonymousreply 244April 6, 2019 1:20 PM

AND THIS is why we don't want two women running the country.

by Anonymousreply 245April 6, 2019 1:24 PM

R245

Not when the women are Republicans!

You HAVE to be somewhat insane and broken to be a female Republican. (Same for the gay male Republicans) -- the problem isn't that women or gays are inherently irrational hysterical idiots -- just that the self-loathing ones who embrace the GOP are.

by Anonymousreply 246April 6, 2019 2:52 PM

No one who "never curses" says "fuck that" over and over again. Especially someone who claims to be so devoutly religious. I'm quite sure she curses like a drunk sailor when she thinks no one she doesn't want to know can hear her. Like all self proclaimed right wing Christians, she's a colossal fraud.

by Anonymousreply 247April 6, 2019 3:28 PM

She lends proof to the belief that there's no more vicious and cold-hearted creature than a female Republican.

by Anonymousreply 248April 6, 2019 3:32 PM

When I watch that clip, I think:

Elisabeth: Condoms, condoms, condoms!

Barbara: Elisabeth, calm down, dear. You just get out of prison?

by Anonymousreply 249April 6, 2019 3:34 PM

She should move in with Kathy Lee Gifford. They can be the best of friends. Nothing but vigorous exercise, health foods and bible study.

by Anonymousreply 250April 6, 2019 3:42 PM

No wonder Hasselbitch looks so withered in photos all that rage and hatred must be extremely dehydrating.

by Anonymousreply 251April 6, 2019 3:43 PM

I actually thought she came off well here.

by Anonymousreply 252April 6, 2019 3:46 PM

You would R252.

by Anonymousreply 253April 6, 2019 3:47 PM

I would like to hear more from r214. Tell us more please.

by Anonymousreply 254April 6, 2019 4:54 PM

Barbara was Roy Cohn's beard.

by Anonymousreply 255April 6, 2019 7:42 PM

Hasselbeck is a fundie bitch so fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 256April 6, 2019 8:09 PM

Oh dear, Kathy Griffin is determined to burn every bridge isn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 257April 7, 2019 12:56 PM

r257 she has been banned from the view for decades and she has zero fucks to give, she already said that.

by Anonymousreply 258April 7, 2019 1:22 PM

For a show that's nothing but dumb women yelling dumb shit, it seems rather arbitrary that Baba came down on Hasselback. But they hugged it out, at least. Fucking showbiz.

by Anonymousreply 259April 7, 2019 1:29 PM

Lol. Hasselback's breathing is insane . Girl, someone told you be more rational and you overreact like that by running off of the floor you work on ? Lol, Hasselback proved Barbara's point kinda with her flippant response.

At the end of the day: why does someone's suggestion to be more rational feel like an attack to you?

by Anonymousreply 260April 7, 2019 1:36 PM

Having worked in psych hospitals for years, the worst thing you can do is tell somebody to "calm down." That's an automatic recipe for escalation. People just want to be heard and felt respected. Once you succeed in doing that, they really do "calm down." And if that doesn't work, you call a code and give them a shot. Or three.

by Anonymousreply 261April 7, 2019 1:53 PM

Elisabeth needed an elephant dart, r261.....

by Anonymousreply 262April 7, 2019 1:58 PM

I think Kathy was on The View last year. I remember seeing her with the very short hair.

by Anonymousreply 263April 7, 2019 2:15 PM

Babsy makes doo doos in her diapers nowadays. Karma.

by Anonymousreply 264April 7, 2019 2:35 PM

Will adopted daughter Jackie inherit everything?

by Anonymousreply 265April 7, 2019 4:12 PM

The cunt Babs surely cut the daughter out of her will.

by Anonymousreply 266April 7, 2019 6:04 PM

Kathy Griffin Reaction To Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leak On The View

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 7, 2019 6:43 PM

R267, see r235.

by Anonymousreply 268April 7, 2019 6:52 PM

Kathy’s hair is quite nice at that length. Her house is so big her voice is echoing.

by Anonymousreply 269April 7, 2019 10:38 PM

R269, I was just going to say: I love Kathy's hair in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 270April 8, 2019 12:16 AM

Rosie the shitstirrer strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 271April 8, 2019 1:46 PM

Will the panel dare to bring up the leaked audio recording on today's show?

by Anonymousreply 272April 8, 2019 1:48 PM

They won’t but Joy could slip in a joking reference to them at some point in the future,

by Anonymousreply 273April 8, 2019 2:20 PM

When the bitch was back on the last week or the week before promoting some piece of shit she wrote they all, including Joy, treated her like a long lost very much loved sister. Fuck them all. I would not have looked or spoken to Lizabitch. I get the two GOP bitches being there with her but Joy and Sonny should have stayed backstage or said they would not allow her to be booked on the show.

by Anonymousreply 274April 8, 2019 2:30 PM

Team Barbara on this one.

She is the moderator, it wasn't a debate anymore she had to pull it back in.

by Anonymousreply 275April 8, 2019 2:42 PM

Joy always claimed she didn’t fight with Elisabeth off stage. Bill was filling Elisabeth with right wing talking points and telling her what to say when he was in her dressing room before the show everyday. I wonder if Joy sees her as an idiot and that’s why in ‘real life’ she didn’t fight with her. Now that she’s a full blown Jesus freak im sure Joy has no time for her. The way Joy references Liz and Rosie as “this one” and “the other one” gives a clue to how she really feels about both of them.

by Anonymousreply 276April 8, 2019 4:46 PM

Babs is an old cunt! She shits her pants nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 277April 8, 2019 5:36 PM

Babe looked like she wanted a piece of that tight bod while it was sitting on her lap.

by Anonymousreply 278April 8, 2019 7:46 PM

I agree with whoever said Elisabeth used f-bombs a little too freely for a "good Christian woman," proving that she is, in fact, a total hypocrite like every other evangelical Christian.

by Anonymousreply 279April 8, 2019 7:57 PM

Kathy's latest facelift & hairdo are looking more like Bette's in Hocus Pocus =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 8, 2019 8:22 PM

If you pause the clip on the wide shot just after Meghans comment you can Abby and Sunny’s reaction. Sunny is looking like “oh no she didn’t” and Abby looks mortified.

by Anonymousreply 281April 8, 2019 8:43 PM

Who does Elisabeth Hasselbeck think she is anyway? Meghan McCain???

by Anonymousreply 282April 8, 2019 9:48 PM

come on it would take at least two Hasselacks to make even ONE Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 283April 8, 2019 10:25 PM

A bunch of dumb cunts, including Bill Geddes -- like he would have dared say that shit to B. Walters.

by Anonymousreply 284April 9, 2019 12:30 PM

Exactly, R284. Exactly! He said what he had to say to get Hasselbeck's ass back in her seat. And the narcissistic young woman believed every word.

by Anonymousreply 285April 9, 2019 12:46 PM

Later Bill Gedde probably said to Barbara, "I told Elisabeth her behavior was unacceptable, that she needs to control her emotions better, respect the wisdom of the esteemed host, and get her ass back on the stage."

by Anonymousreply 286April 9, 2019 2:08 PM

Yeah Gedde was Barbara's go to producer. He did all of her specials for decades. He would not dare to talk to Barbara like that.

by Anonymousreply 287April 9, 2019 3:13 PM

Gedde’s an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 288April 11, 2019 8:54 AM

I would imagine Geddie made excellent coin over the years, having co-produced Barbara's highly rated prime time specials as well as The View.

by Anonymousreply 289April 11, 2019 9:35 AM

What clip r281?

by Anonymousreply 290April 11, 2019 10:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!