Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View -- Thread 17

Will that fucking book ever come out?

Answer to Thread 16: Yes

by Anonymousreply 601April 24, 2019 3:13 PM

Meghan has made me lose all respect for Whoopi Goldberg, and I really did respect her career. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2019 11:41 PM

Meg is off the rails. She is acting like the president she hates, or pretends to hate.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2019 11:58 PM

Any other job she’d be fired by now. The privilege dripped from her today when she giggled and said “just sayin”. Even when Whoopi started to speak she was still giggling. I mean the audience reaction alone would shame any normal human into looking contrite. This bitch was giggling like a 14 year old.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2019 12:06 AM

She was so proud of herself for her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2019 12:14 AM

And shut down yet again by not getting her split screen moment. McGunt really is a walking pile of pork rinds and garbage.

Someone is going to bitchslap McGunt in life tv and it won’t be Joy. Joy openly hates her but keeps her composure. The contempt she feels for McGunt just drips off her but she’s a good enough human being to not let it affect her completely. Stay strong Gramma Joy, that bitch’ll fuck up past the point of no return soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2019 12:23 AM

*on live

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2019 12:23 AM

Suck it in, Babs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2019 12:30 AM

Speaking of Carrie Ann Inaba from the previous thread. Today on The Talk, she accidentally said "Barbara Wawa" before immediately correcting herself. The rest of the panel and audience erupted with laughter.

They were discussing the leaked backstage "fuck this" audio from Elisabeth H. at The View.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2019 12:33 AM

Carrie Ann comes off as a wounded puppy on The Talk. She’s no Julie Chen, that’s for sure.

Joy and sometimes Whoopi are the only ones I like on the View these days. The Talk is a lot more interesting save for CAI.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2019 12:45 AM

Two Tons was out of line.

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2019 12:49 AM

I can see Meg screaming about DL calling her Two Tons in that screamy/smiley face she does-"This gay chat site calls me Two Tons and you know what? I wear it proudly. My Chik-Fil-A and real meat that middle America likes, that I sometimes kill myself, is what I like and my husband doesn't complain. So there!"

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2019 12:52 AM

Come on, none of you were annoyed at Joy's wounded little puppy act? I wanted to puke. Do these women all read the same manual as Kathy Griffin did? Bark loud, be rude and then crumble into tears when someone dares call you out on it. i'd have respected Behar far more had she fought back. Loved the perfectly timed (accidental?) close-up, though, when the dagger entered.

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2019 1:05 AM

I didn’t like part time Whoopi dictating the terms of agreement.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2019 1:08 AM

R12 Hey Ben, how's the plagiarism goin' these days? Pull your head out of the wifey's Holland tunnel for a minute and get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2019 1:09 AM

Some producer screamed “SHUT THAT BITCH UP NOW, WHOOPI!!! FUCKING DO IT NOW!!!” into her earpiece. I’m sure of it.

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2019 1:09 AM

Meghan attacked David Hogg and boasted about her NRA membership and friendship with Dana Loesch the day aftet the Parkland shooting. She was criticized and called in sick for three days. Never apologized.

A month or two ago, she said something awful I can’t remember (she does it all the time), was publicly criticized, and she called in sick the next day. Never apologized.

She will probably be out sick tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2019 1:12 AM

Shes getting a brow beating on Twitter....people are retweeting that segment....shes not coming off good......

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2019 1:14 AM

She should get reprimanded because she does it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2019 1:16 AM

Obese.

Bad blond dye job.

Emotionally unstable.

Inheritor of unearned wealth and credentials.

Unable to argue coherently without resorting to rage to dominate opponent.

All self-worth tied to family name.

Who am I talking about?

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2019 1:21 AM

Whoopi made it seem like it was a both sides issue. And why?

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2019 1:22 AM

Her eye makeup makes her look like a (butt ugly) drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2019 1:26 AM

Whoopi is an enabler. She is proud. She got Meghan the job and nothing Meghan ever says will make Whoopi admit she was wrong to get her cast. I know someone who is very much like Whoopi, who idolizes her, and I love her but her pride is the one thing that really irks me. She will apologize for anything that was not an idea she pushed for. If that falls through, she is incapable of admitting failure.

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2019 1:28 AM

MM gives me bull energy; similar to the ones you'd find in Pamplona.

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2019 1:29 AM

Just saw the clip on Twitter. Just wow!

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2019 1:58 AM

It doesn't disappoint, does it, r24?

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2019 2:00 AM

Out of all the days I had to miss the show!!

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2019 2:04 AM

Here's the clip. Meghan is so genuinely cunty that Joy is stunned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2019 2:09 AM

[quote]Meg is off the rails. She is acting like the president she hates, or pretends to hate.

Please, Two Tons McCunt adores Trump or at least what he stands for. Her husband is a Nazi. How could she not love everything the new GOP is about?

Two Tons is bitter angry incoherent hater, she's very much like Trump. I wonder what McCunt really thinks about her adopted South Asian sister!

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2019 2:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2019 2:15 AM

That blouse is a country western nightmare too.

Why does McCunt never get publicly reprimanded? Her sainted father has been dead for a few months now. Do they wait a year and then start going after her hard? Does Whoopi have to go part time? When can they all start screaming at her as a collective?

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2019 2:15 AM

Meghan is a fat pig. She has gained at least 100 lbs since she started on The View. She’s obese.

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2019 2:20 AM

I feel bad for Joy. Elisabeth and Rosie had one horrible day. I feel like Joy is attacked two-three Times a week

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2019 2:21 AM

Just watched the clip..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2019 2:22 AM

MM needs a good punch right in the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2019 2:29 AM

She is such a fucking cunt. That was disgusting. She should be suspended from the show. It is unacceptable to treat a co-worker like that.

Is there a thread specifically about the book? I'm not having any luck finding it.

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2019 2:31 AM

What do you think I've been doing all these years, r34!?

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2019 2:31 AM

You would need to dip her in flour and find the wet spot in order to do that, r34.

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2019 2:32 AM

That would take a lot of fucking flour, but it would be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2019 2:41 AM

Meg was about to squirt she was getting her talking points out in record time. She could not be interrupted. She was in a frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2019 2:49 AM

Link to Part 16

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2019 2:54 AM

OP slapping r40 's finger away....

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2019 2:57 AM

I've said this before on here. Meghan hates Joy, so Joy has a target on her back . Anytime, Meghan sees an opening, she goes in for the attack. She doesn't do it with the other women. It's very unprofessional AND incredibly awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Apparently, the powers that be, can't or won't control Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2019 3:00 AM

There’s a boycott The View movement on twitter. She’ll be gone soon enough. Her Nazi viewpoint is not being tolerated very much anymore. She won’t last another year.

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2019 3:07 AM

R42 She does it with all the women but she does it with Joy most because Joy zings her. She steps very carefully around Ana but a few times she has gotten bitchy with her and Ana just had an "Oooookay bitch, whatever" look.

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2019 3:08 AM

This from a review of THE BOOK might explain why Meghan gets away with it:

"...despite the fact that ABC executives were aware of what was happening, the book describes how they repeatedly failed to put a stop to what was going on behind the scenes ― alleging they even participated in stigmatizing mental illness and brought back a host they knew was unquestionably abusive to staff and co-hosts."

So they foment the bad behavior for ratings. I know, what a shocker. Her cuntery brings in the eyeballs. I'm sure their ratings will be up tomorrow after this shitty stunt.

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2019 3:08 AM

megan needs to be fired. Joy was attempting to explain the progressive policy on immigration, which I actually agree with.

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2019 3:09 AM

Rosie is so shady here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2019 3:09 AM

Meg will not listen to anything except "Dems are for open borders" and that is it. She will not let the Dems rational policy be heard. She wants it to be an issue. Does anyone believe the GOP wants to solve this problem? Of any problem? Hell no. What would they run on? They can only run on fear.

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2019 3:11 AM

People are hate watching the show now and ABC loves it.

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2019 3:11 AM

If megan is okay with children dying in federal custody, she is a god damn nazi. It is pretty disturbing. We need to stabilize central american through humanitarian programs. The crisis is in central america and these children are the victims. Have all the republicans lost their fucking minds, and their fucking humanity.

Killing children bad, killing of children hss always been bad.

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2019 3:18 AM

I hope Joy kicked her cunt in four giant loose pieces after they cut to commercial. I hope Joy more or less lights her on fire. She was disgusting yesterday. Her fucking Nazi husband has somehow convinced her that as long as people are talking about you, that’s a good thing.

No bitch, it isn’t. Even your buddy Abby is turning on you. Someone needs to spill all the dirt about her getting kicked off McCain’s campaign.

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2019 3:33 AM

The next time Meghan goes in on Joy I need Joy to calmly drip venom and say, "Your father would be so ashamed by your behavior right now"

Meghan would either lunge across the table or run screaming/crying from the table.

Either reaction would be the end of her.

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2019 3:38 AM

what are they going to do with megan? She is a nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2019 3:54 AM

Megan is the definition of "basic bitch" who got to where she is because of her father. She's the tori spelling of right-wing politics.

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2019 4:07 AM

Tori Spelling without the eating disorder, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2019 4:09 AM

I bet they'll pretend like everything's fine and dandy tomorrow during hot topics.

"Obviously when you have a group of strong, intelligent, opinionated women, you're going to have disagreements. The key is we don't ever take anything personally, and once we go backstage, everything is fine; we stop being tv personalities, and we start talking about what everyone's having for lunch!!" *collective nods and forced smiles*

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2019 4:34 AM

Joy is the de facto moderator when Whoopie isn't there and MeMe can't stand it. That's it in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2019 4:48 AM

Love or hate Meghan, would we be at thread 17 without her?

by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2019 4:59 AM

Republicans have no concept of cause and effect. Fear of brown people is there only motivating factor.

by Anonymousreply 59April 9, 2019 8:47 AM

McCain went way over the line saying that Joy gets paid to listen to McCain. That was rude, uncalled for and very inappropriate. McCain deserves to be disciplined by ABC--not just getting reprimanded by Whoopi. McCain was a disgrace today. Joy showed incredible restraint by saying nothing.

by Anonymousreply 60April 9, 2019 9:12 AM

McCain should be made to apologize to Joy on the air. That was a terrible display of rudeness and disrespect by McCain. It was appalling. McCain ought to be ashamed of herself.

by Anonymousreply 61April 9, 2019 9:14 AM

Abby looks so uncomfortable. She’s getting tired of her pal Meghan embarrassing her. She looked like she swallowed a bee after Meghan’s remark.

by Anonymousreply 62April 9, 2019 10:03 AM

When does Abby pop?

by Anonymousreply 63April 9, 2019 11:07 AM

Page 70 of Setoodeh’s tell-all book: Joy “was like [Lisa Ling’s] adoptive Jewish aunt...”

Joy is Italian!!!

She has only said so about 10,000 times on The View. There goes the book’s credibility.

by Anonymousreply 64April 9, 2019 11:38 AM

Oh dear. I didn’t catch that. That’s a poor error. She mentions being Italian all the time.

by Anonymousreply 65April 9, 2019 11:40 AM

Ramin is a hack.

by Anonymousreply 66April 9, 2019 12:27 PM

Joy may have held her tongue on the air but I'm sure she dragged that cunt by her extentions after the show.

by Anonymousreply 67April 9, 2019 12:29 PM

[quote]Shes getting a brow beating on Twitter....people are retweeting that segment....shes not coming off good......

I’m in a couple of The View groups on Facebook--yeah, yeah I know...I enjoy dropkicking Trump supporters anywhere I can--and boy, do they HATE this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 68April 9, 2019 12:56 PM

So, no sign of an apology from Meghan, but guess what? The family dog, her father's favorite, died. So she is looking for sympathy again: "Every time I think my heart can’t be broken any further..." What do you want to bet the dog has long since died, and she's been holding onto this card to play when she needed it?

by Anonymousreply 69April 9, 2019 1:05 PM

As a rule, I never make fun of how people look. I’m going to break my rule because Meghan McCain is so awful. She and her husband are SO. FUCKING. FAT. The worse they get, the bigger they get. How big do you think they will grow together? Will they reach an equilibrium at some point, or do you think Meghan is going to actually pop into a mass of pulsating pus like an overfed and trampled grub?

by Anonymousreply 70April 9, 2019 1:09 PM

R47's clip: Rosie was obnoxious in that clip. And that's her in a good mood. Imagine that same level of energy when she's in a bad mood. Star came off as charming and very likable. Did Meredith even talk?

That wasn't Rosie's first appearance on the View. She also appeared on the show before she came out. The topic turned to sex, and then Rosie kept fake giggling and had to excuse herself from the panel early because she couldn't stop giggling.

by Anonymousreply 71April 9, 2019 1:33 PM

My mother’s 17 year old cat died 3 weeks after she did, I found her bleeding out in the same spot I found my mother less than a month before. I saw both of them every day for ten years. It was a double punch but I didn’t share it with the world. I have no doubt her dad’s dog passing was hard but it’s not an excuse to bully your coworkers and it’s not an excuse to disrespect them on live TV. It’s also ridiculous to act like it’s your heart is shattered when you live in NYC and don’t see this dog everyday.

by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2019 1:38 PM

r71, I can't believe Rosie was hired after that hostile appearance. It really sheds light on what the producers wanted The View to become.

by Anonymousreply 73April 9, 2019 1:40 PM

Barbara Walters is quoted in the Setoodeh book as saying “Rosie O’Donell is a great talent, but she has...shall we say, emotional problems.”

Having watched Rosie O’Donnell for most of my life, I am certain that that is a fair (and pretty generous) statement.

Rosie strikes me as a fundamentally good-hearted person. She shares some terrible personality traits with her arch rival, including a fragile ego, reactivity, defensiveness, atendency toward childish name calling, a generally poor New York-type attitude, and a need to be the dominant authority in any situation. The biggest difference between them that I see is that Trump looks for damaged and weak people to prey upon and punish, and Rosie O’Donnell seeks out those people to protect. Both of them play victims as a matter of course. And Rosie is not entirely authentic. Her false decade-long Tom Cruise adoration as she was “playing straight” for the sake of being palatable for housewives everywhere even as Ellen DeGeneres was relegated to obscurity after coming out maybe is not condemning of Rosie O’Donnell, but it doesn’t speak well of her character and authenticity.

by Anonymousreply 74April 9, 2019 1:41 PM

One of the problems is none of the other women are going to say anything TOO bad to Meghan on the air because they realize they have some of the cushiest jobs on morning television and don't want to risk being booted off the show. What we need is a loud, outspoken guest to come on and really rail against McCain. What cold the show do except cut the guest's segment short and possibly ban them? But if the guest is a really big name, they wouldn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 75April 9, 2019 1:45 PM

"Page 70 of Setoodeh’s tell-all book: Joy “was like [Lisa Ling’s] adoptive Jewish aunt...”"

A "Jewish aunt" is a personality type. One doesn't have to be Jewish in order to behave like a Jewish aunt or grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 76April 9, 2019 1:48 PM

R75 Yes. Chelsea Handler recently morphed from unfunny comedian to pretty well-spoken activist, and she will be on The View today to plug her new importance-of-therapy spiel. I asked her on Twitter yesterday to correct McCain on air if she gets out of line, and to please remind McCain to respect her elders, since Handler seems legitimately fearless and doesn’t have any worry about being fired from the show. But I’m sure she will be perfectly pleasant and sarcastic generally and respectful of McCain. Which is a shame.

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2019 1:49 PM

R76 I don’t buy that explanation at all. “Eccentric aunt,” OK. “Jewish aunt” to describe a woman who has always said she is consistently mistaken for a Jewish woman? No. At best, it’s ill-considered writing.

by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2019 1:50 PM

Could have called her an Auntie Mame figure although the log cabin asshole author might find that book to femme for his masc self.

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2019 2:00 PM

Well the story is on nypost.com and yahoo and that was her (and her husband and producers') goal, right? Her ultimate goal is split screen AND headlines but she'll settle for headlines, for now...

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2019 2:39 PM

R78, "jewish mother" is a figure of speech. Yes, it's based on a stereotype of real Jewish mothers (like Joan Rivers), but it's used to describe a maternal figure who hovers and is very (perhaps overly) attentive and protective of a younger person who has been taken under the wing of the older person. I think it's also fair to call Whoopi a "Jewish mother" to Meghan, with her excessive coddling and "babe" terms of endearment towards someone whose views are fundamentally different from her own.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2019 2:41 PM

Tweet at Chelsea Handler ASAP and tell her to call Meghan out on air for creating a hostile and abusive workplace. Surely Chelsea Handler’s balls are big enough for that.

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2019 2:41 PM

What is this obsession with "the split screen"? I never knew why Rosie was so obsessed with it either. Meghan can be just as mean, slimy, underhanded, and domineering without a split screen.

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2019 2:43 PM

The bitch better apologize, on air, to Joy today.

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2019 2:47 PM

People really are overly fixated on the split screen as some sort of rock-bottom feature of TV. I don’t know why, either. They don’t use it now on The View, and McCain brings almost every episode to rock bottom with her fluffy tantrums of terror. She sucks up all the air and darkens the set.

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2019 2:47 PM

Rosie bullied Trump and was shocked that he bullied her back. The gall of him!! And her Jewish Aunt/Mother Figure Barbara didn't defend her while she was on a yacht with Judge Judy. The temerity!

What choice did she have but to abuse her in her dressing room before the show and tell her that her daughter can't stand her? Isn't that the choice most of us would have made in that same situation?

by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2019 2:49 PM

I agreed with Elisabeth Hasselbeck when she fought with Rosie O’Donnell. And her point applies to everyone on the show. They are all there to share their personal views. Elisabeth told Rosie to “defend your own thoughts and your own insinuations.” That is fair. They’re not there to agree on the basis of liking one another. As much as I disagree with all of Elisabeth’s politics, and as much as I am disturbed by her current god-cultishness, “defend your own thoughts” equates to “you are accountable for yourself.” Period. All of the women on the show should be, but one and only one in the history of the series has not been held to account. Meghan McCain is a dishonorable woman with no integrity and no courage of her convictions. She has undermined the entire premise of the show, as well or as poorly as it has ever been executed. Despite her naivety/ignorance, many of us liked Sherri Shepherd (and even Candace Cameron) well enough as people because they held themselves accountable and didn’t think their opinions were always correct and trump others’ by birthright. McCain does. She is a scary television figure because she is _exactly_ the same personality type as Trump, and one Trump is one too many.

by Anonymousreply 87April 9, 2019 2:55 PM

McCain has no real credits other than she is John McCain's daughter. Her talking points are written by her husband. Every day she comes on and just regurgitates what her daddy.husband writes for her.

by Anonymousreply 88April 9, 2019 2:56 PM

“McCain has no real credits other than she is John McCain's daughter. Her talking points are written by her husband. Every day she comes on and just regurgitates what her fat, furry, racist, pedophile-defending Nazi daddy.husband writes for her.”

Fixed it.

by Anonymousreply 89April 9, 2019 2:57 PM

R72

That is brutal and heartbreaking. I am so sorry.

by Anonymousreply 90April 9, 2019 2:58 PM

Rosie was raped by her own father and everybody else is paying for his alleged sins. Her mother didn't defend her presumably, thus the rage issues.

by Anonymousreply 91April 9, 2019 3:00 PM

r87 then you missed the whole point. Hasselbeck was not on the view, she was on Fox News, and they were bashing Rosie saying she sided with the 9/11 attackers. Rosie was upset Elisabeth didn't defend her, someone who works with her is supposed to be her friend and, to Rosie's credit, though did not believe that. Hasselbeck said nothing in defense of Rosie which Rosie took to mean she agreed with them. That was the core of the fight. Hasselbeck's defense was "defend yourself" which was a cop-out. Rosie was not there, and Elisabeth should have said, Rosie is not here to defend herself so we should not be discussing it and for the record, I don't think that is how she feels. Instead, Hasselbeck was to scared to challenge her fellow conservatives and allowed her supposed friend and co-worker to be a target.

by Anonymousreply 92April 9, 2019 3:01 PM

Yes Whoopi, it's nice to hear "someone" admit they did something wrong. Too bad it's only Felicity Huffman doing that today and not McHeifer.

by Anonymousreply 93April 9, 2019 3:03 PM

Why should she defend her when she puts out insinuations that the troops are terrorists? She put her in an awkward position that nobody could possibly defend.

by Anonymousreply 94April 9, 2019 3:04 PM

Rosie and Cher each donated $500k for a vet rehab hospital. How much do Republican bitches like Meghan and Elizabeth give? I'm sure the are too busy with their accountants figuring out how to chisel every dime.

by Anonymousreply 95April 9, 2019 3:05 PM

Maybe they donate quietly and not to make themselves look good?

by Anonymousreply 96April 9, 2019 3:08 PM

"HR doesn't pay attention anyway." ~Joy Behar

Hmm, the subject is Whoopi passing gas but I wonder what Joy is really referring to...

by Anonymousreply 97April 9, 2019 3:09 PM

“They don’t pay attention anyway, HR.”

by Anonymousreply 98April 9, 2019 3:11 PM

r94 out of context. That is not what she said. She said "too the iraqi people we must look like the terrorists." It was a thought, not a statement. Much like "Imagine there is not heaven." She never called the troops terrorists she was trying to imagine what it felt like to an iraqi who had their home wiped out by cluster bombs in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 99April 9, 2019 3:11 PM

Yawn

by Anonymousreply 100April 9, 2019 3:11 PM

R99, you speak better than Rosie does. She talks in riddles and haikus.

by Anonymousreply 101April 9, 2019 3:14 PM

R94, Rosie never called the troops "terrorists." She said that if you can muster the empathy to look at the situation from the point of view, those people were being attacked by a country that they didn't attack first (because Bush mistakenly believed the country had WMD, and then later he said God told him to attack). So when those mothers on the other side lost their sons, they felt that their sons were taken from them by hostile invaders.

But it was the era of "trust our president" and "freedom fries", and the Right was trying to label everyone who didn't fall in line as a traitor. In spite of all this, Rosie many times expressed her support of the US troops, she were themselves in a precarious situation as they were forced to do Bush's bidding.

During her FOX interview, Elisabeth should have said, "Whether you agree with her or not, Rosie supports the troops and wants them to come home safely. She doesn't want casualties on either side. Where I disagree with her is: --------------.

by Anonymousreply 102April 9, 2019 3:14 PM

Hindsight is 20/20. Elisabeth didn't do anything but state her own views. She has no obligation to be Rosie's mouthpiece.

by Anonymousreply 103April 9, 2019 3:16 PM

Sunny looks lovely today.

by Anonymousreply 104April 9, 2019 3:18 PM

R103--Perhaps, but it makes Elisabeth a shitty friend and Rosie was right to be hurt and angry that her friend didn't say one word in her defense

by Anonymousreply 105April 9, 2019 3:18 PM

Rosie threw her friend Kelly Ripa under the bus and called her a homophobe on the air. Glass houses.

Where was HER loyalty?

by Anonymousreply 106April 9, 2019 3:20 PM

Rosie’s false Tom Cruise fixation was always creepy and I just can’t overlook it. Of all people to pretend to have the hots for to pass as straight...Xenu?!

by Anonymousreply 107April 9, 2019 3:26 PM

Apparently Ro was upset that the producers let Kelly Ripa on the air to defend herself. (per the book)

Rosie can dish it out but she can't take it.

She still wonders why Kelly wants nothing to do with her.

by Anonymousreply 108April 9, 2019 3:26 PM

When was Rosie friends with Kelly?

by Anonymousreply 109April 9, 2019 3:27 PM

They were friends and neighbors and talked about it on Rosie's old show.

by Anonymousreply 110April 9, 2019 3:28 PM

R106, yes that was horrible. And when Kelly tried to explain the reasons for her actions, Rosie completely blocked her out and refused to consider bending from her original conclusion she had drawn.

Then several years later, she runs into Ripa at some play, and Ripa understandably gives her the cold shoulder instead of playing fake nice, and Rosie tweets: "Kelly Ripa - the girl can hold a grudge." Well, I think I'd hold a grudge too if someone falsely labeled me a bigot on live TV and then later wanted to act like it never happened.

Then, in the book that was released last week, Rosie complains that Ripa didn't want to talk about it, instead she wanted to have a feud. Well, Rosie, Ripa DID want to talk about it....during that phone call, but you flat out told her that you didn't believe her and you weren't going to even consider her explanation.

Rosie's has a good heart, but sometimes you just want to slap her. She fucks up relationships, refuses to apologize or admit she was wrong, and then blames the other party for not wanting to be friendly with her later. She thinks she can treat people like shit and they should just suck it up and forget about it and still be there when she wants/needs them.

by Anonymousreply 111April 9, 2019 3:29 PM

R96, neither has to make themselves look good.

by Anonymousreply 112April 9, 2019 3:29 PM

Well said, R111.

When Kelly was on the air it was a good opportunity to empathize with Kelly's point of view but she didn't give her an inch even when Kelly tried to be nice about it.

Screw Rosie and her martyr act. She is more vicious than anybody but acts like the victim every single time. Yesterday her publicist was to blame for her interview with that author.

Such a baby.

by Anonymousreply 113April 9, 2019 3:33 PM

No McNastyJr for Chelsea's segment, hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 114April 9, 2019 3:34 PM

Has Chelsea slammed Meghan in the past?

by Anonymousreply 115April 9, 2019 3:35 PM

Does Meghan sit our of other celeb interviews? In the past, they didn’t have the full panel on for a lot of the celebs. I wonder if she’s coming back for the weight loss doctor.

by Anonymousreply 116April 9, 2019 3:42 PM

Wasn't Dr. Ian Smith Michael Strahan's secret lover?

by Anonymousreply 117April 9, 2019 3:42 PM

Wonder if McNepotism will sit out Dr. Ian Smith's weight loss segment, isn't it her job to listen to the guests????

by Anonymousreply 118April 9, 2019 3:43 PM

She often sits out interviews. She only seems to be interested in celebrity guests if they are black or gay.

by Anonymousreply 119April 9, 2019 3:51 PM

Lmao Meghan is stuffing her face with the lasagna on Joys menu.

by Anonymousreply 120April 9, 2019 3:54 PM

Only one feeding her face with Dr. Ian's food is John McCain's daughter with her annoying laugh.

by Anonymousreply 121April 9, 2019 3:54 PM

The diet doctor kinda got it wrong. Intermittent fasting is ok but the big glass of orange juice (sugar) defeats the purpose of fasting. The purpose is to keep your insulin low. So when you do eat, it’s best to keep the carbs down. I lost about 30 lbs this way.

by Anonymousreply 122April 9, 2019 3:58 PM

And Joys skepticism of the lasagna was accurate. That was funny “what kind of mozzarella is in there? Hm?”

by Anonymousreply 123April 9, 2019 3:59 PM

The next time Chelsea Clinton is on I want Joy to ask her how she felt about being attacked as a child in the White House by John McCain when he told the Janet Reno joke.

[Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father.]

She has stated she HATES Hillary Clinton .

Meghan deserves a swift kick to the gunt.

by Anonymousreply 124April 9, 2019 4:02 PM

She has stated she HATES Hillary Clinton .

Indeed. Has she EVER said why?

by Anonymousreply 125April 9, 2019 4:04 PM

I got Ian's last book at the Dollar Tree but still haven't opened it.

by Anonymousreply 126April 9, 2019 4:04 PM

Meghan can’t even be honest about who she likes or hates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 9, 2019 4:07 PM

They never let Meghan sit at the grown-up table.

by Anonymousreply 128April 9, 2019 4:10 PM

r127, that was 2013, long before the Russian invasion of the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 129April 9, 2019 4:12 PM

I get the feeling that it is the West Coasters who drive these threads.

We shall see if there was any fallout from yesterday in 70 minutes....

by Anonymousreply 130April 9, 2019 4:51 PM

No mention of it r130 only Joy's crack about "HR doesn't care anyway" on an unrelated matter.

I do IF also and love it, my schedule is 16:8. Lost weight, don't snore anymore, no heartburn at night, perfect way of life for me. The hard part is only black coffee until my eating window but I do have a second cup of coffee with half and half and sugar when my eating window opens.

by Anonymousreply 131April 9, 2019 4:58 PM

I’m sure Joy has gone to HR about Meghan long before yesterday’s outburst.

by Anonymousreply 132April 9, 2019 5:18 PM

To the people who have read the book: Is the stuff that Rosie is quoted about in this linked article addressed in the book? Or is this stuff from Rosie not addressed in the book--just interview outtakes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 9, 2019 7:28 PM

R133 It’s all from the book. And the article pretty much says so.

by Anonymousreply 134April 9, 2019 7:34 PM

R132

If Joy's been to HR then they're doing jackshit. Meghan's been horrible for ages & it's only getting worse.

ABC needs to get this show on track or Joy could easily have a case.

Plus, if Meghan has the gall to behave this way on camera to Joy just think how she treats the behind the scenes people.

by Anonymousreply 135April 9, 2019 7:42 PM

They're calling Joy The Patron Saint of Restraint on another forum, lol, I agree.

Maybe Joy keeps smiling because she knows she has a nice big case and settlement in her future with whatever goes on behind the scenes in addition to the actual footage of the on air treatment. I doubt her contract allows for the same mistreatment some reality show contestant's contract does.

Linebacker McCain really is The View's version of Trump, no rules apply to her.

by Anonymousreply 136April 9, 2019 7:57 PM

Meghan eating like a pig during a dieting segment was just so her.

by Anonymousreply 137April 9, 2019 8:19 PM

The big take away today was that The Fat Cunt was not at the table when Chelsea Handler was on.

Was it because she did not want to be confronted by Chelsea asking her about her Aunt Lindsey?

And she needed a bib for the last segment.

Fucking sow.

by Anonymousreply 138April 9, 2019 8:37 PM

I used to loathe Chelsea Handler. I really like Enlightened Chelsea a lot.

by Anonymousreply 139April 9, 2019 8:38 PM

Lol Handler isn't enlightened. She's old, and doesnt want to die alone. She knows no man will date the shrill, slutty version of her, so she's simmering it down in hopes of finding a man. She wrote a book, and will make some cash in the process so kudos to her.

by Anonymousreply 140April 9, 2019 8:42 PM

Surprised we didn't have to hear about Saint John's dog dying today. Maybe they are saving that for a very special Friday episode with full montage and McNepotism crying, Sunny comforting her, Ana being somewhat indifferent, Abby seeing both sides of the situation in that the dog is now with John although we miss the dog here on earth yadda yadda, Joy moving things along to commercial break. Whoopi isn't there on Fridays so she'll pre-tape a sappy message for her "babe".

by Anonymousreply 141April 9, 2019 8:49 PM

R140 It’s a persona, but I like it. Her “comedy” was nevrr funny, just mean and stupidly sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 142April 9, 2019 8:50 PM

Hopefully Ana will be there on Friday to snap, “Meghan, if I am paid to listen to you, then you are paid to listen to me. I listened. As hard as it was, I listened. Now you shut up and listen because I have something to say.”

by Anonymousreply 143April 9, 2019 8:52 PM

Rosie seems to be on a similar path as the other Rosie. How soon until she starts tweeting offensive shit about blacks or women and has a full blown public meltdown?

by Anonymousreply 144April 9, 2019 9:21 PM

Vintage View

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 9, 2019 9:28 PM

I have never seen the show, but I love these threads about it.

by Anonymousreply 146April 9, 2019 9:42 PM

The women assume they’ know everything about everything..... as this is a discussion show.... why doesn’t anyone ever mention Roberts Rules of Order.. Frequenty the speaker is not allowed to complete their full thought before the next one attacks them

by Anonymousreply 147April 9, 2019 9:58 PM

LOL R147 You want a daytime panel show to use parliamentary procedure? Shall Whoopi hokd a gavel and be referred to as “madame chairman” and read from an agenda? Should “Meghan’s Father” be a standing agenda item?

by Anonymousreply 148April 9, 2019 10:09 PM

Meghan's father IS a standing agenda item.

by Anonymousreply 149April 9, 2019 10:12 PM

R149 Maybe a reclining one...

by Anonymousreply 150April 9, 2019 10:16 PM

LOL r150

by Anonymousreply 151April 9, 2019 10:20 PM

How does Meghan reach her ass when she wipes?

by Anonymousreply 152April 9, 2019 10:38 PM

r152...she doesnt have to...her husband licks it clean.

by Anonymousreply 153April 9, 2019 10:44 PM

So they didn't mention the dust up?

Getting back to Elizabeth/Rosie- Rosie had every right to be pissed at Elizabeth given how Elizabeth was too cowardly to go against the conservative talking points to at least defend her friend on another show on another network. Elizabitch KNOWS what Rosie meant. She KNOWS Rosie did not call the troops terrorists. Any DECENT person, any DECENT friend, would have defended their friend against such a severe accusation. She couldn't, wouldn't and didn't. It was a shitty thing to do but conservatives never stray from the narrative. They are scum.

R152 She doesn't do a good job which is why she doesn't sit in the middle. Imagine the skid marks in her undies? It probably looks like an 18 wheeler went over them after driving through a California mudslide.

by Anonymousreply 154April 9, 2019 10:49 PM

R152 how many times does this need to be explained? A rag and a stick!

by Anonymousreply 155April 9, 2019 10:50 PM

Fatty McNepotism probably didn’t sit in on Chelsea Handler’s segment because Chelsea would have sliced her into sashimi, insult by insult. Chelsea openly said TO Grasshoppervanka that she wouldn’t and couldn’t shake her hand and say nice to meet you. Imagine what she would have said to McGunt.

I bet McGunt waddled away in fear doubletime the minute Chelsea was leaving her green room. McGunt keeps trying to reach out to Joy (inviting her for drinks, asking about going to dinner with her Mexican Nazi husband, asking about lasagna), and Joy keeps telling her to screw, and then being nice to Abby. I hope this is driving her to eating her feelings.

by Anonymousreply 156April 9, 2019 11:05 PM

Joy should just pull a mother Maxine on McCain and start shouting reclaiming my time, reclaiming my time that might shut her up for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 157April 9, 2019 11:10 PM

R156

She sure was wolfing down the food in today's segment. Eating & talking over people with food in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 158April 9, 2019 11:11 PM

Joy will go off on her again. Joy waits for the right moments.

How is she Miss "I know what middle America wants and how they feel" when she is this rich, spoiled brat who got everything due to nepotism? Same with Pres Bone Spurs. Yeah, THEY are the ones who have your back.

by Anonymousreply 159April 9, 2019 11:13 PM

Reclaiming my time! is BRILLIANT!

by Anonymousreply 160April 9, 2019 11:13 PM

I think Joy should leave a porky voodoo doll in Meghan’s dressing room surrounded by empty whiskey bottles, and admit she did it. And then just say, “it won’t take a voodoo doll or any kind of magic for your fate to play out, Darlin’. You’ll be seeing Daddy soon enough, and you’ll know he’s coming when you feel the heat. Take that to HR, you fat stupid drunk Nazi whore. They don’t do anything, HR. Too bad for you.”

by Anonymousreply 161April 9, 2019 11:14 PM

I'm looking forward to Ana getting in an extra dig this week whenever she comes back on behalf of and in solidarity with Joy.

by Anonymousreply 162April 9, 2019 11:14 PM

Joy could make Meg a pie ala the maid in The Help.

by Anonymousreply 163April 9, 2019 11:16 PM

It’s obvious Joy has been sharing Kalteen bars with Meghan and Meghan is frustrated the weight isn’t falling off yet.

by Anonymousreply 164April 9, 2019 11:16 PM

Her feeding her face schtick is to present some image of how confident she is in her body and doesn't care what people think. Her angry personality says otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 165April 9, 2019 11:19 PM

A sad swine is a sad thing indeed.

by Anonymousreply 166April 9, 2019 11:21 PM

Joy didn't find big success until past middle age. She is too smart to fuck up a good gig. On her last day, I hope she leaves a steamng dump at Fatty Mc Cain's spot- assuming FMC is still there.

by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2019 11:24 PM

Will she ever stop flapping that ugly red pie-hole?

by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2019 11:29 PM

It was funny the sly little dig about lasagna that McGunt made.

She will NEVER get a pan of love from Joy.

And what is with the Sicilian dialect Moots a rella? from the black doctor?

Joy is CALABRIAN.

by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2019 11:51 PM

Does Meghan have veneers?

by Anonymousreply 170April 9, 2019 11:52 PM

R168, that's what she's PAID to do.

by Anonymousreply 171April 9, 2019 11:57 PM

Thanks for adding skidmarks to the conversation after I already have to block out the idea of Whoopi passing gas whenever she wants, per her own admission today. Gross, women.

by Anonymousreply 172April 10, 2019 12:01 AM

R155 Is this turning into the weird bathing thread?

by Anonymousreply 173April 10, 2019 12:02 AM

If she has veneers, the only thing in life I can give her credit for is buying fake teeth that look real. They’re not toilet bowl white, which veneers usually are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 10, 2019 12:03 AM

Hmmmmmm. The Beast looks an awful lot like Melania there.

by Anonymousreply 175April 10, 2019 12:07 AM

She looks like a different person with bangs. She acted like a better person when she had bangs. She should get bangs. Maybe her soul would locate her and settle back in.

by Anonymousreply 176April 10, 2019 12:10 AM

R140, Chelsea has had some facial work done.

by Anonymousreply 177April 10, 2019 12:12 AM

Toilet bowl white! Good one. Sunny and Abby have teeth like that. Abby’s are distracting when she talks. It’s silly but whitening treatments make my teeth so sore and sensitive so when I see those blindingly white teeth my own teeth start to hurt remembering my Zoom treatment (which made them about 1/2 shade whiter for a few days).

by Anonymousreply 178April 10, 2019 12:15 AM

I like Abby.

by Anonymousreply 179April 10, 2019 12:27 AM

R178, spend the 💰 and skip cut-rate dentists.

by Anonymousreply 180April 10, 2019 12:30 AM

This is the only Abby I like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 10, 2019 1:13 AM

Is Rosie going to take over The Talk after Sara Gilbert leaves?

by Anonymousreply 182April 10, 2019 3:50 AM

She should. Rosie is good TV. I hope she makes Sharon quit then I might watch that shitty show.

by Anonymousreply 183April 10, 2019 3:51 AM

They mentioned The View the other day.

Hmmmm....

by Anonymousreply 184April 10, 2019 4:02 AM

I imagine she wouldn't do it because she probably doesn't need the money, but Chelsea Handler would be a great addition to the View.

by Anonymousreply 185April 10, 2019 4:06 AM

Rosie wouldn't move to LA.

by Anonymousreply 186April 10, 2019 5:01 AM

She said she would 6 months ago.

by Anonymousreply 187April 10, 2019 5:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 10, 2019 6:08 AM

This is a surprise?

by Anonymousreply 189April 10, 2019 6:18 AM

Final coffin? She's not dead yet!

by Anonymousreply 190April 10, 2019 6:21 AM

R190 yeah; that was poorly written.

by Anonymousreply 191April 10, 2019 6:22 AM

Read the complete pos of a book that is Ladies Who Punch. The fact that he’s friends with McGunt and doesn’t go into what a raging bitchy drunken twat she is makes this book a work of fiction.

However, Baba has always been a cunt and always will.

by Anonymousreply 192April 10, 2019 6:43 AM

The View book says that Lisa Ling was fired because she “was too sensible to provoke outrage.”

So that explains how Meghan McCain got there and why she lingers. Outrageous nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 193April 10, 2019 10:56 AM

Sounds like Walters offended a lot of people, but was there any way around it, particularly on The View? The Daily Mail story above describes how she fired cohosts when they were no longer useful. But...that’s television. Actually just show business. Actually just business. If I didn’t do my job satisfactorily, I would be fired. I am not paid to be there because my boss once hired me and is stuck with me forever. In showbiz, almost all performance jobs are cutthroat to begin with: they involve extensive auditions and only one person can win each position. So why not call everyone who ever auditioned “cutthroat” for keeping competitors from getting jobs by being the best fit for the role?

Barbara Walters’s memoir was called “Audition.” It seems like she was pathologically paranoid about always having to fight for her work, probably because she always had to fight for her work.

Don’t get me wrong. She seems horrible. But being horrible and ruthless probably was the only way a woman could have made a career like Walters did.

by Anonymousreply 194April 10, 2019 11:08 AM

I agree R194.

Also DM being for the British market I think that article would be more “shocking” here. It’s harder to fire people and there’s definately still a sense that once you’re “in the door” you should be left there for life and we have a lot of people in the public sector where they can’t be fired either. So, Barbara during people when they weren’t useful to her/the show would be shocking. To young people in the gig economy and Americans in the private sector it’s not particularly noteworthy.

Barbara has always been ruthless and cutthroat. I remember years ago when Lindsay Lohan was A list she cancelled an interview with Barbara and instead went on with Jay Leno. Barbara spent 5 minutes ranting about it and saying through gritted teeth “I’m happy for my colleague”.

by Anonymousreply 195April 10, 2019 12:21 PM

Bring back Ana!

by Anonymousreply 196April 10, 2019 2:05 PM

I've always said women were far worse to each other in the workplace than men. Barbara is (almost) living proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 197April 10, 2019 2:13 PM

Yay! No Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 198April 10, 2019 3:01 PM

I hope Whoopi isn't seriously ill. I don't care for the show, but I like her.

by Anonymousreply 199April 10, 2019 3:04 PM

I love that Meghan McCain just said (as she holds her gay rights Harvey Milk plaque award) that she yearns for the decorum of the Reagan 80s when politics were civilized. Ya know when Reagan refuses to say the word AIDS for 7 years and thousands of gay men died alone and in pain. I’m so glad that organization honored her even though a few weeks ago she acted like she had no idea who Larry Kramer was.

Her gay friends Yashar, Andy and Ramin must look the other way about everything about her speeches and opinions.

How wonderful

by Anonymousreply 200April 10, 2019 3:12 PM

Of course McNepotism loves Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 201April 10, 2019 3:17 PM

Naw, I bet they shit talk her behind her back, r200. Now if only they would start leaking to the press about her real personality.

The fact that she won any award for diversity makes me gag.

by Anonymousreply 202April 10, 2019 3:24 PM

Meghan and her mom were doing all that pro-gay campaigning while Old Daddy went on Ellen's show and told Ellen to her face that he didn't think she should be permitted to get married? And he later was best buddies with Lindsey? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 203April 10, 2019 3:43 PM

Trump is such a pig, he is making old-time Republicans look good.

by Anonymousreply 204April 10, 2019 3:49 PM

I was right, we need for the West Coast to check in in a half hour.

by Anonymousreply 205April 10, 2019 5:21 PM

Sorry, r205, I'm watching Law & Order.

by Anonymousreply 206April 10, 2019 6:28 PM

The View is on vacation next week. Repeats.

by Anonymousreply 207April 10, 2019 7:14 PM

Just wanted to slug the Bag O Fetuses whenever she goes bothsider on Maxine Walters and Mnuchin.

Is next week spring break/Catholic Holy Week?

by Anonymousreply 208April 10, 2019 7:46 PM

From the book about The View, Rosie and Trump seem like exactly the same person: overbearing, unable to accept responsibility, unable to establish a lasting relationship, publicity whores, ready to fire anyone who doesn't kiss ass, psychotic. No wonder they clash,as each sees the other, but recognizes their own behavior and cannot accept anyone else getting the last word.

by Anonymousreply 209April 10, 2019 9:15 PM

Rosie and Trump are similar in style but not substance. Rosie would give her left arm to help a child.

That’s the difference

by Anonymousreply 210April 10, 2019 9:19 PM

On IG Live today, Rosie said that she is still in touch with Joy even though she doesn't watch The View every day. She says that she frequently sends Joy text messages of support.

by Anonymousreply 211April 10, 2019 10:34 PM

That’s good. I do hope Joy is getting support off air because on air it appears that her bosses don’t give a damn and their only reaction to Meg’s explosions is to come back the next day/next segment with fluffy topics that won’t set her off.

by Anonymousreply 212April 10, 2019 11:03 PM

Rosie is such a sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 213April 11, 2019 12:26 AM

I can't get with Rosie. How does one take her compassionate liberal stance seriously when she's made people who work under her miserable? When you actively assert your power over individuals in an excessive way, and in such a way that it makes their lives miserable, you can't take this "woman of the people" stance. I just don't get that. Whoever hires her knows what they're in for.

Barbara Walters allowed her career to become way too important in her life. Her last lucid years were spent desperately clinging to whatever power she could, and being depressed over her increasing irrelevance in American society. And she herself made tons of people miserable in the process. All that fucking wasted time plotting and scheming, and what did it amount to?

Whoopi is just too goddamned fucking fragile. Honey, you have a place in popular culture. People like you. You don't have to fly off the handle at any perceived slight. I think it would suck to go through life having everyone walk on eggshells around you. Ugh.

Joy is a normal, decent person.

Meghan McCain is a giant fart in a dress. I hate her with the burning power of a million suns. That Miss Piggy is taken seriously on any level amazes me. Her intellect is amazingly mediocre. I just don't know how she's on television.

Ana is just a hoot.

That's all I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 214April 11, 2019 12:42 AM

Dare we say Saintlike?

by Anonymousreply 215April 11, 2019 12:42 AM

Takes on Elisabeth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 11, 2019 12:47 AM

I’m very surprised KG was barely mentioned in The View book. There was a brief period of time circa 2007-2008 that she was seriously considered for a co-host slot.

She claimed they weren’t offering enough money or “Griffin Dollars” as she called itS

by Anonymousreply 217April 11, 2019 1:26 AM

Kathy is such a sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 218April 11, 2019 1:32 AM

Thank GOD that The View is on hiatus when the anniversary of McCain’s untimely death happens at the end of August. Can you imagine how fat Mooghan will be upon their return after Labor Day? MoooooGhan! Eat yourself into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 219April 11, 2019 1:54 AM

Madonna is the only celeb BW did not ever get an outright interview from. Madonna hated BW. With a passion. When a hot topic about Madonna came up, BW would allow the others to bash her but she would come in and offer praise. Always trying to get Madonna to give her the only interview with a major star she never had. Ever. Even with the ass kissing, Madonna was a hard no.

by Anonymousreply 220April 11, 2019 2:01 AM

BW thought madoona was a whore. Which is kind of funny because this was her whole performance art shitck madonna/whore mythology. Babs was not bright.

by Anonymousreply 221April 11, 2019 2:04 AM

Madonna is such a sweetheart.

Okay, I will stop.

by Anonymousreply 222April 11, 2019 2:07 AM

BW would have given ANYTHING to interview Madonna. Madonna hated her. That is well known. BW offered her so much to get an interview and Madonna told her to fuck off every time. I don't respect celebs for much. but I respect Madonna for this. I always found her refusal to give BW an interview fascinating. Madonna was not having it.

by Anonymousreply 223April 11, 2019 3:32 AM

BW shits herself. Great news!

by Anonymousreply 224April 11, 2019 3:51 AM

I’d love to see Babs interview Trump. It would be dementiapalooza. .

by Anonymousreply 225April 11, 2019 3:59 AM

You’ll never see Babs again.

by Anonymousreply 226April 11, 2019 4:03 AM

The book paints Rosie as an unhinged egomaniac, who destroys anything she touches. With the McCain, Behar fiasco, and the constant sniping, combined with all of the cable Housewife, Married to Medicine, etc. shows which show women as selfish, immature, unintelligent shrews, why has no women's movement objected to these shows? They certainly show at their very worst. They would probably say that men are responsible for putting on these shows. But they watch and, by watching, give their approval to the way their gender is being portrayed.

by Anonymousreply 227April 11, 2019 4:05 AM

Women be bitches.

by Anonymousreply 228April 11, 2019 4:07 AM

The McCain-Behar sniping is ratings gold for The View. Otherwise, the executive producers would have put a stop to it.

by Anonymousreply 229April 11, 2019 9:24 AM

A lot of women like the anger and bitchiness portrayed. My brother’s wife is a conservative SAHM who watches all the Housewive franchises and the Kardashians, back in the day she watched the afternoon shows where people were beating each other up on air. I asked her about it and she told me she feels she has to keep up a front of the sweet woman and she enjoys watching the Housewives release anger and let loose. She said she has lots of moments where she would love to punch something but instead she has to smile and be nice so watching the Housewives pull of each other’s wigs is a big release for her. I’ve often pondered that and wondered if more women played a sport, lifted weights, punched a sandbag would it make them less “bitchy” because my SIL is right that most women have no physical outlet for their anger and frustration.

It was interesting that on social media so many women reacted to the Meghan/Joy thing with such detailed and violent fantasies. They were saying Joy should have leaped across the table and done x,y,z and some of those suggestions were very well thought out and graphic. You just know that fantasy was brewing inside for a long time, they didn’t just come up with it on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 230April 11, 2019 9:39 AM

R227, women are not a minority, even though men like to see them that way. Women make up half of all humans, and there are many vapid, bitchy women as there are asshole men. You might as well turn it around and tell all evil asshole men to pipe down and act nice because they have to represent all men.

by Anonymousreply 231April 11, 2019 1:45 PM

R231, the point is that everywhere we hear women say they want to be taken seriously and that they need to be empowered to stand up to male privilege. Yet, all of the shows about women portray them as bitchy, backbiting, mental midgets. Yet, we don't hear a peep from the PCSJW crowd about how women are portrayed. Name one show about women that portrays them in the light which they deserve, especially now that the fight for empowerment is taking hold. On the contrary, there is a huge percentage of women who like to see the fighting and screaming. How is that helpful to the cause? Speak up if you want to change the portrayal of women on cable shows! The book about The View certainly didn't help the cause either.

by Anonymousreply 232April 11, 2019 1:58 PM

Why does Rosie have regrets about what she said? She doesn't make it clear. Has she ever backtracked before?

by Anonymousreply 233April 11, 2019 2:43 PM

The View’s YouTube page has uploaded Meghan and Abby asking each other viewer’s questions. I don’t have the stomach to watch this early.

by Anonymousreply 234April 11, 2019 2:48 PM

R232 is still not getting it. You keep on thinking of women as a minority. You think women need to prove something in order to be accepted by the default humans, that is to say MEN, by representing all other women at all times in the best way possible. That is a deeply ingrained bigoted attitude that needs to change.

by Anonymousreply 235April 11, 2019 3:02 PM

Disagree with Sunny on Assange.

by Anonymousreply 236April 11, 2019 3:09 PM

I agree with you R235. The men of talk shows/news/reality shows and popular music are for the large part shitbags. Many are now unemployed shitbags but is any man in America waking up today feeling bad that Matt Lauer and Bill O’Reilly represent them and wondering what they can do to be respected as a group? As much as I despise MeGunt McDaddy I roll my eyes when some dude comments that she’s the reason men shouldn’t marry. If that’s the case Weinstein should have all women running to nunneries.

by Anonymousreply 237April 11, 2019 3:11 PM

Ugh Shark Tank week?

by Anonymousreply 238April 11, 2019 3:13 PM

Who are these stiff white people?

by Anonymousreply 239April 11, 2019 3:14 PM

Yes, R232, women are the minority. Not in population, but in positions of influence and advancement opportunities. Do they have to prove themselves? Unfortunately the answer is "Yes." The status quo puts an undue burden on them to prove themselves. Should they have to? " No," but everyone should have to prove competence. The unfortunate thing for women is that men still hold much of the power and men get the first opportunities. That is simply the case. Deny it if you like, but it is the case. Now, when the vast majority of programming portrays women as vacuous dolts ( whether they are in real life or not) and no women's empowerment group will stand up to this portrayal, then one has to wonder about the damage this tacit "approval" contributes to the idea that"women are inferior" or " they're too emotional to be taken seriously in business or politics." My objection is to the lack of response from women about the damaging portrayal.

by Anonymousreply 240April 11, 2019 4:03 PM

I tried to watch the YT of Heiresses' asking each other questions that supposedly viewers sent them but couldn't get through it, it seems to be just these two spoiled brats complimenting each other. I skipped ahead and did catch McHeifer saying she wants to move to Nevada and buy and run a casino and have Clay Aiken be her headliner. Can someone please put her in touch with a real estate agent in Vegas STAT, let's make this happen for her sooner than later. Are TPTB also going to do YTs of Joy/Sunny or Joy/Ana, Sunny/Ana or is it just something special to coddle the Heiresses . I don't need one with Whoopi pontificating and giving a mini TED Talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241April 11, 2019 4:11 PM

I love that Sunny immediately shut down the Princess when she tried to interrupt.

by Anonymousreply 242April 11, 2019 4:14 PM

R240, no one is denying, and you don't need to point out that it's a man's world and women who far out-qualify men still get the short end of the stick. We're talking about an attitude that is evolving now, where more women are stepping up to take ownership as half of humanity, not "representing as a minority" and waiting for mens' approval or for men to fix things or give up power.

Interesting new book

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 11, 2019 4:52 PM

It's such a shameless and transparent attempt to try and correct (a) Abby's lack of personality, and (b) Meghan's bad PR of recent times. But if you look at the amount of dislikes the videos have, and the comments ("real question: what are your thoughts on nepotism") you realise just how unpopular they are.

I can't believe how much effort they're making for these two to 'work'. How many concessions Mooghan gets for screaming at the audience or saying something offensive. The fact that they will hire Abby a personality coach but didn't extend the same patience to many of the other co-hosts like Nicolle Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 244April 11, 2019 4:53 PM

Women can’t win. If women’s groups and women in general kick up a fuss women will suffer from the inevitable backlash against those who take a stand. I also think it would be limiting for women to be portrayed as “perfect” in the media too. First they’re not they are human and second most women can’t identify with perfection, like men they are flawed and complex beings. The best thing for women is to stop giving a damn what men as a group think of them. Women have spent decades trying to get male approval and it hasn’t worked. No matter what choice a woman makes there’s a group of people ready to call her the spawn of Satan.

by Anonymousreply 245April 11, 2019 5:00 PM

Exactly, R245. Most people posting here should know that to road to freedom and empowerment means you stop giving a fuck, you stop asking for approval, and you stop thinking you're a guest in someone else's world . Nobody gives you power. You have to take it.

by Anonymousreply 246April 11, 2019 5:10 PM

I didn't watch the Heiresses' YT QA but did thumbs down all three of the videos in protest of the very idea of this.

by Anonymousreply 247April 11, 2019 5:27 PM

That was a weird show today with the cast sitting in on Hot Topics. I’ve never seen it but I assume it is on ABC. It didn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 248April 11, 2019 5:34 PM

Yeah, I saw that, r241. Meghan acts like an unprofessional ass on live TV, and instead of an apology, she gets rewarded with her own promo.

by Anonymousreply 249April 11, 2019 5:35 PM

R194 I agree.

But they dont' need to shove all that 'we're a family' down people's throats either.

'we're all one big family,' but people don't kick out family members when it no longer works on a business angle.

by Anonymousreply 250April 11, 2019 5:38 PM

They can't help being Silver Spoons together. I can't be mad at them for that.

by Anonymousreply 251April 11, 2019 7:32 PM

If the Gaykin is gonna headline, that place will go under real fast.

by Anonymousreply 252April 11, 2019 8:28 PM

read the book and see why Meghan is being allowed, and probably encouraged, to stir up shit on the show. It's called ratings. period. And the number of DL threads proves that it is working.

by Anonymousreply 253April 11, 2019 8:34 PM

I've stopped watching.

Meghan is awful: in no particular order....she's extremely grating, a spoiled brat from privilege who is basically clueless about everything she claims to "know about", she's obese, immature, an alcoholic, fake friend to gay men, she wears too much makeup, has no fashion sense or personal style, is a professional widow etc

Whoopi: is a terrible moderator, she always interrupts Joy and Sunny, constantly kisses Meghan's fat smelly ass everyday. When the show returns from a commercial break Whoopi never continues the previous topic.

I cannot watch this shit fest any longer.

by Anonymousreply 254April 11, 2019 11:14 PM

[quote]Exactly. Most people posting here should know that to road to freedom and empowerment means you stop giving a fuck, you stop asking for approval, and you stop thinking you're a guest in someone else's world . Nobody gives you power. You have to take it.

Such women would never watch The View. No one should. Though Meghan is beautiful and inspirational, she's been held back from leading. She is NOT a guest in Joy Behar's world. Joy is barely present in her own mind! Don't watch women make a mockery of themselves. Whoopi will end her career in Mexican wrestling. Meghan reminds me of a young, more beautiful Gloria Steinem. She will wear many disguises in her quest to inspire and lead women. Her trolling on The View is some genius counterculture mission. She's a clever bunny.

by Anonymousreply 255April 12, 2019 12:27 AM

R255 I would say nice try......... but it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 256April 12, 2019 12:48 AM

Saying you are going to try is another outlet for failure R256. As your life no doubt demonstrates. You pay to listen to me. Every day. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 257April 12, 2019 1:03 AM

Cuntery at it's most heinous. Or is that comical?

by Anonymousreply 258April 12, 2019 1:45 AM

What is heinous AND comical is your incorrect use of "it's" when it should be ITS.

by Anonymousreply 259April 12, 2019 2:46 AM

I am starting to love the "ITS" troll. Damn, he/she doesn't fucking miss. I am secretly hoping I get caught wrongly using "its" so I can feel the cold, withering sting of the reply.

by Anonymousreply 260April 12, 2019 2:55 AM

McCain's only claim to fame is she is the daughter of John McCain. That's it. She has no skill other than apparently carbo loading.

by Anonymousreply 261April 12, 2019 2:57 AM

Who would love a troll that tracks ITS? Someone sadder than the pedantic queer himself?

by Anonymousreply 262April 12, 2019 3:06 AM

Don't you just love it when one of these pathetic View cunts thinks they posted something super clever and then gets called out for improper grammar? You're a fucking illiterate. Deal with it or better yet blame it on Meghan because you pathetic View obsessives always make it about six degrees of Meghan, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 263April 12, 2019 3:43 AM

WHO the fuck is this tedious Meghan Troll who has already TRIED, yet epically FAILED to ruin all previous The View threads.

You're not funny or clever. If you don't like The View or actually adore Meghan, get the fuck out of this thread.

Anyone with a functioning brain and eyes knows Meghan is not "beautiful and inspirational", she's an abrasive annoying young woman. If her father wasn't John McCain she'd be some annoying suburban hausfrau shopping the bargain racks at Kohl's and Marshall's and driving her kids to soccer practice.

by Anonymousreply 264April 12, 2019 4:15 AM

R264, I'm guessing it's the same person who used to go on and on about Candace CB.

by Anonymousreply 265April 12, 2019 4:26 AM

I think Two Tons would be classified as morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 266April 12, 2019 4:49 AM

I mean aspirational too nutcase. Look it up. Ancient shut ins who've spent the last 25 years watching The View erryday at 11:00 am live - can't be expected to know the meaning of aspirational. Yeah, yeah, you watch it from your office View Insider. I'm not here often but I'm always on time. Don't fuck with me U crazy old bitch. We know who you are. They have a few devices in your facility but not enough F&Fs to get me blocked. This is your own private Arizona huh? Your pathological use of CAPS always give you AWAY loser. There is a pattern there that mediopolis algorithms recognize.

Your fixation on Meghan and Candace and Elizabeth and Sacred Ministry Time from the beautiful conservative panelists is amusing. Sometimes your crazy is insightful. I will contribute to this thread when I want to and as I feel the need. It's sad that you answer your own posts R264, but most here have caught on to that. How else could 17 threads about Meghan McCain continue if you weren't answering yourself? ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Over 80% of the posts here are from the same obsessed hateful person. YOU. Everyday with variations on the same thing. Meghan's name and frame.

Meghan McCain is beautiful and rich and smarter than Whoopi. So is my fridge. Inspirational!

Funny that for a "working" man, you never sleep? Neither does the nutjob who goes on for days about Supermodels, Jussie Smollett, Tori Amos, Mary Poppins and Joan Jett. At least Janbot has a McJob. R264 needs to exercise more. Some of us are real men who would beat a bitch dead if they disrespect us. Your hate speech is unholy and not welcome. SO redundant. Did I mention redundant?

Open your heart to the beauty in this world. Take a little time to enjoy the diversity in our world, the beauty in those you disagree with and forgive those whose sins can't be forgiven. (whoopie is a race traitor, dog beater, child molester and rapist - and UGLY as mud) Enjoy beautiful Meghan while you can, because soon, like the gorgeous light of Candace, she may be gone from your only source of enlightenment. Your TV.

We pray for you each night. May god bring peace to your troubled mind and some understanding to your bitter soul. Jesus loves you R264. All of your thousands of hateful posts on these threads, he forgives. I can't but I will continue to show up for you. A voice of sanity and light, a young handsome man under 40 who can't help but fight your hatred, but will defend your need for mental help. I am welcome wherever I go. When I get there - it's just in time. Bless you.

by Anonymousreply 267April 12, 2019 5:19 AM

^^^^^^ Sad ^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 268April 12, 2019 6:40 AM

^^^^^He's the new DL obsession now that the Bulge is gone. Cute, tight body and tush.

by Anonymousreply 269April 12, 2019 6:45 AM

Meeeghan Brings nothing to the show but screeching idiocy and a Very undeserved sense of self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 270April 12, 2019 6:51 AM

R267 is completely off the rails and apparently off their meds! They are accusing so many people of being someone else. It's fucking hilarious and quite sad. Who spends so much time figuring out who is posting what? Sheer insanity.

Hard to figure if they're just a garden variety troll, am actual Trumpster or they truly adore Two Tons of No Fun!

by Anonymousreply 271April 12, 2019 7:48 AM

Meg is off the rails. She is acting like the president she hates, or pretends to hate.

Please, Two Tons McCunt adores Trump or at least what he stands for. Her husband is a Nazi. How could she not love everything the new GOP is about?

Two Tons is bitter angry incoherent hater, she's very much like Trump. I wonder what McCunt really thinks about her adopted South Asian sister!

by Anonymousreply 272April 12, 2019 8:03 AM

Does every post have to be about how you fraus hate Meghan? We get it. She sucks.

by Anonymousreply 273April 12, 2019 8:06 AM

Meghan has some rough edges, but she's a knockout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 12, 2019 8:20 AM

I’ve been reading batches of the book every morning. I am about a third of the way through now, at the Star Jones bridezilla section.

All the women except Star and Barbara are described as being put off by the hawking of products, and the text says that in the ABC News division this would be a problem but since The View was part of ABC Daytime at the time, it had “a little more wiggle room.”

So I flipped to the index expecting to find “view your deal” and there is no mention of it.

The View used to be an ABC Daytime show. It was handed over to ABC News years ago, and since that time the show has implemented the home-shopping segment. How is that OK?

by Anonymousreply 275April 12, 2019 11:52 AM

Have you seen the "news" lately?

by Anonymousreply 276April 12, 2019 12:03 PM

R276 Honestly? No. I listen to podcasts and read the New York Times and the Atlantic, primarily. I don’t watch broadcast news and I gave up on cable news months ago when I stopped being able to stand the “reporting” being biased speculation that never turns out to be correct.

by Anonymousreply 277April 12, 2019 12:08 PM

Later on he does touch on how we got View Your Deal without naming it specifically. Essentially ABC wanted The View to be an extension of GMA and they implemented some GMA gimmicks like VYD. Rosie refused to do it.

by Anonymousreply 278April 12, 2019 12:26 PM

Ugh, thanks, R278. I don’t understand how a news division is allowed to, or even if allowed chooses to, undermine its journalists by making them glorified used-car salespeople.

Are college students who pursue broadcast journalism degrees trained in QVC-type sales?

by Anonymousreply 279April 12, 2019 12:40 PM

R53... I love it! That would be a perfect response that would shut the beast up.

by Anonymousreply 280April 12, 2019 1:04 PM

According to THR Cindy McCain has officially signed with Meghan's rep team.

She also cut her hair into a chic texturized bob. Gone is her severe slicked back look.

Hmm................

by Anonymousreply 281April 12, 2019 1:58 PM

R281, is she off the pills and booze?

by Anonymousreply 282April 12, 2019 2:13 PM

R281, it sounds like a "Can I speak to your manager?" style.

by Anonymousreply 283April 12, 2019 2:20 PM

Star married a man who was obviously gay. I wonder how the co hosts especially Joy tiptoed around that fact.

by Anonymousreply 284April 12, 2019 2:57 PM

Meghan was very humble when talking about Wendy Williams saying that unlike her she was "self made" without a team around her to protect her.

I like how they all supported WW and had her back.

You know Wendy was watching.

by Anonymousreply 285April 12, 2019 3:10 PM

Wendy’s private life was at such odds with her professional life. She was also cut off from the world really. Charlamagne said Kevin wouldn’t let Wendy have a personal cell phone and I found it a bit sad when she said on her show this week that she spent the evening before playing with her phone and then DM caught a pic of her with the phone. I’m sure it with all trickle out but she was in a pimp/hoe relationship with that thing she was married to. I’m sure the other women in the industry are thrilled that she finally broke free.

by Anonymousreply 286April 12, 2019 3:14 PM

Megahan is in a good mood today...she must have got laid last night.

by Anonymousreply 287April 12, 2019 3:24 PM

Great comment: Megan’s father IS a standing agenda topic

by Anonymousreply 288April 12, 2019 3:37 PM

Meghan from today's program making zero sense about WikiLeaks and getting schooled by Sunny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289April 12, 2019 4:39 PM

We have to give Meghan a new name. Has Megatron been used?

The legs look about right!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290April 12, 2019 6:35 PM

"We" don't have to do anything of the sort, R290. JFC you pathetic Meghan stalkers actually take pride in these ridiculous fifth-grade level nicknames, I get the impression those proudly creating these juvenile nicknames were most likely the students who had their asses kicked on a regular basis in school. Not very popular to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 291April 12, 2019 6:50 PM

R290 Yeah we've already used that one.

by Anonymousreply 292April 12, 2019 6:59 PM

We got a dog from the shelter. It was overweight and made these high shrill sounds when it wanted something. It eats all day long and does nothing. We called it Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 293April 12, 2019 7:29 PM

We are just trying to make McNepotism feel as at home here as she does with her Republican "tribe", her tribe which is led by someone who regularly calls people names and assigns them derogatory nicknames and the tribe co-signs and condones this behavior.

by Anonymousreply 294April 12, 2019 7:49 PM

So Meg has a prenup. The Nazi has to summit that shrieking mountain a few times a week and he won’t see a red cent - good!

by Anonymousreply 295April 12, 2019 8:14 PM

r290, how about Bleghan McCain.

Urban Dictionary: Blegh - An onomatopoeic term denoting general disgust.

by Anonymousreply 296April 12, 2019 8:39 PM

She tweeted that she has taken a break from social media.

by Anonymousreply 297April 12, 2019 8:43 PM

Taking a break from social media.....that reminds me of faking your death to see who shows up at the funeral. She’ll be back in 2 weeks max.

by Anonymousreply 298April 12, 2019 9:05 PM

R291 And yet here you come again, moaning and groaning but unable to tear yourself away from all the bitchery. You're missing out on life sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 299April 12, 2019 9:06 PM

Fuck You R291, your tongue is far up McCunt's ass, I'm surprised you are able to get it out. How about you get the fuck out of this thread.

Meghan is a disgraceful fake POS, she owes her career to her famous late father. She hasn't one original thought it her empty fat Nazi head. She's nothing but an annoying woman form privilege who thinks she deserves this career, she doesn't.

No doll, I was never bullied, I grew up in tough urban environment, rest assured, no one ever picked on me, I'm 6'3"! I'm a man, not a suburban hausfrau. Which you seem to think encompasses everyone posting in these View threads. I reckon most posters here are gay men, not straight women. Most gay men despise Meghan, I don't know one gay man who likes this harpy nut job. If you are a gay man, you surely must be trolling these threads.

Your arm chair psycho babble about why we here despise McCunt is even more laughable than your pathetic groveling posts about her.

by Anonymousreply 300April 12, 2019 9:10 PM

Thanks for proving my point, R300. To become so unhinged by someone you see on a tv show five days a week tells me all I need to know about you. So you grew up in a tough urban environment? That's why you ALWAYS have to mention she and Abby come from money. It just eats away at you, doesn't it? Pathetic, envious asshole. Don't choke on your bile.

by Anonymousreply 301April 12, 2019 10:54 PM

I would give anything to see a topless photo of Meghan. She mentioned the other day that she once considered breast reduction surgery.

by Anonymousreply 302April 12, 2019 10:58 PM

Benjy sure has a lot of free time on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 303April 13, 2019 12:41 AM

How's the weather in Frauberg R301?

by Anonymousreply 304April 13, 2019 12:50 AM

No idiot r301, you goddamn idiot it doesn’t. What eats away at everyone is how someone who is worth a fucking fortune still looks and dresses like she’s on a weekend excursion package to Branson and claims to know what the little people want and feel. Stop defending her. She wouldn’t spit on you if you were on fire.

And if that’s you, Mexican Nazi husband, up the number of times you scale Mt. Meeeeeghan. It shuts her up and gives the rest of us a break.

by Anonymousreply 305April 13, 2019 1:50 AM

r292 how about MeGain McCain?

by Anonymousreply 306April 13, 2019 3:03 AM

R301 is a fucking waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 307April 13, 2019 4:07 AM

I saw it in the audience today and here are some things … sort of stream of consciousness. I posted somewhere above that I was going to see it this Friday. In general, with it being Friday and with 1 week off coming up, they sorta were laid back and it didn’t seem remotely tense. I kept trying to see awkwardness between Joy and Meghan but there really wasn’t any when the cameras were off.

View Your Deal was pre-taped & so was the interview with David O. – so, taking out all of that and the commercials, we had about 15 minutes of “The View” in the hour. Joy briefly recorded a promo in the end for some affiliate – Joy was actually trying to correct the bad wording & then they made her redo it.

In general, they were in a good mood on camera and especially off camera when they interacted with people. People in the audience were even singing during the breaks (which were very long thanks to the tapes). There were 2 guys from the Temptations there in the front row, but they weren’t on the show (not sure why they were there). Sunny said she couldn’t get good seats, so she didn’t go yet… a few people were singing with them. Maybe they were supposed to plug the show?

A guy had a “WWJD” shirt with Joy’s face in the audience. So, the stand-up comic (during the 8-minute break when they were playing David O’s tape) went over to him and had Joy say hi to him. He couldn’t ask her anything and said he was “fangirling out” – and Joy said “What would I do – about what? I don’t understand… what does it mean, what would Joy do?” He couldn’t explain it – he was too tongue tied. And then they brought him up to take a picture with Joy (I should’ve worn a shirt – and I could’ve explained it!)

The comic came through the audience to ask us if we had questions and I asked her what they think of the “Ladies who Punch” Book – and she said she probably shouldn’t ask that but she said the author asked her to interview a ton of times (she’s been there many years) and she wouldn’t respond. So, then I jokingly said “what about the leaked audio from Elizabeth” and she sort of tried to avoid having a response (she heard me), and then asked who else had questions. Someone else asked what they think about Assange and so she asked the panel and Meghan yelled “THAT IS NOT A FRIDAY QUESTION SIR! CAN WE GET SOMETHING LIGHTER FOR FRIDAY?!” - but she was laughing when she said it. Her personality off camera isn’t as cunty as it is bratty… I don’t know why she can’t tone it down on camera. She said “I just got in a huge fight with [someone] and I am not talking about that” so Sunny and Ana clarified some of the charges and didn’t discuss their opinions.

Meghan didn’t seem as fat as I was expecting. Whenever I get the film pics developed, I can post them when she’s standing up (they won’t allow cell phones out once the show starts). Nobody will believe me here, but I was very surprised that she wasn’t that big. I’m watching it on my phone off my DVR at home and she looks enormous and horrible in that yellow (but the yellow was fine in person too). On stage, her size was nothing I’d even notice if she walked by me on the street. The makeup she had on also didn’t look like the weird racoon thing she has going on when you watch the show. Sunny’s nose also looks totally normal and doesn’t have those weird contour lines. Someone needs to intervene with these things… everyone else notices.

by Anonymousreply 308April 13, 2019 5:12 AM

The conversation is very controlled & weird in person (and harder to hear). When I see it on TV, I don’t get that vibe since the camera keeps cutting & making it seem like it’s flowing & snappy. If I overheard a restaurant table of women talking this way – it would be incredibly odd. The clock counts down and it’s under 5 minutes per live segment (when I was there). Plus they are being far more deliberate / careful about how they answer with some topics vs. just 4 women talking at lunch. And they have to get the plugs in and legal notes, etc. It’s strange to hear people talk like this in person… hard to describe though.

Sunny came into the audience and talked to some people from Puerto Rico. Sunny is very thin (and so was Holly Robinson Pete who is like 90 lbs) – so maybe this is another reason Meghan looks so fat?

I got a bracelet (I think the Holly Robinson Pete one? It just looked cheap) and nail polish (hooray). Nothing from View Your Deal since they already taped it (it looked crappy anyway).

The waiting room and process to get in wasn’t bad at all. I was surprised how much people complained on Tripadvisor. Nobody was rude. What did they expect – private chats and autographs with the panel? It was nice enough for Joy to take a pic with that guy and Sunny walked around a little bit. People actually screamed out “We love you Meghan” during the break – and I was like – who is that?? But it was mostly tourists (from all over the world – there were Australians next to me who don’t get the show anymore), so maybe someone from some red state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 13, 2019 5:13 AM

R309, some questions...How many people are in the audience? How did you get tickets?

by Anonymousreply 310April 13, 2019 5:41 AM

Where does Ben sit?

by Anonymousreply 311April 13, 2019 5:49 AM

[quote][That's why you ALWAYS have to mention she and Abby come from money. It just eats away at you, doesn't it? Pathetic, envious asshole. Don't choke on your bile.

I have no idea who the fuck you think I am in these threads. 🙄🙄 You are rather laughable and sad. The funny thing is, I don't always bring up McCunt's privilege in all my posts about that tedious fetid bitch. I've never mentioned Abby's privileged background let alone post much about her. You must be confusing me with someone else.

In fact, I blocked YOU, then noticed MY posts were blocked! So there is definitely something very off with DL's blocking system. So much for your info about algorithms! What a load of utter bollocks! know I didn't block myself!

Growing up in an urban environment doesn't mean I grew up poor or in a ghetto, Ever heard of cities having high end areas, how about Park and Fifth Avenues in Manhattan? Urban to me simply means cities, where most people in general are tougher than suburban wimps. Get with it kid!

Bro or sis, take you meds, seriously you need HELP. What sad a pathetic troll. Imagine someone trolling for Meghan McCain, who in their right mind would be a fan of that unhinged witch?! Talk about choking on your bile. 🤢 🤮

Trump has really unleashed the nation's lunatics! They've permeated so many website forums.

by Anonymousreply 312April 13, 2019 9:56 AM

R308/309 Thanks for reporting back. I agree with you about Meghan. When I saw the show in Feb I think I posted that she wasn’t obese as much as chubby and badly shaped. She had a tight dress on and all the chub is in the stomach, arms and neck which is an unlucky shake of the genetic cards for a woman. I also agree the conversation sounds awkward from the audience. I was there for one of their spats so the atmosphere was awful. Watching it back later it seemed more natural.

That’s funny about Joy wanting an explanation of WWJD. I met her years ago after she did a set at Joes Pub. I told her I was a big fan and watched her HLN show. She sort of studied my face for a moment and said “why, what do you like about me?” The first and last time a performer wanted further details after getting a compliment.

Please do share your pics when you get a chance and enjoy the rest of your time in the city.

R310 Tickets are on 1iota.com

by Anonymousreply 313April 13, 2019 10:09 AM

Thanks for sharing your audience experience.

How long was the experience total from arrival at ABC to departing the building? Also, when did you arrive at ABC and how long did they make you stand outside? TIA

by Anonymousreply 314April 13, 2019 2:52 PM

R312, if you've stalked my posts you know I don't care for Meghan and I don't think she's a good fit for the show. I come here to read about the show and all I read is incessant Meghan bashing. We get it. Move the fuck on.

As for the rest of your post, you said you grew up in a "tough urban environment." Don't backtrack now. You also used the word "bollocks" another giveaway of your origins. You also seem to think Meghan does her own makeup for the show and chooses her wardrobe. NO. IDIOT.

As for her husband he was born in SC (that's South Carolina for you foreigners.) He's of Puerto Rican and Dutch-Irish descent. He's not Mexican. For someone who uses the "unhinged Trump supporters" mantra every chance you can get you actually come across like a "Nazi Trump supporter."

Lastly, you're an incredibly angry and bitter person not to mention a narrow-minded bigot. Please seek help.

by Anonymousreply 315April 13, 2019 4:57 PM

I think I got all the questions...

Which one is Ben? The producer with the glasses? I'm not sure where he stays but he came up to the stage after most of the commercials.

The ticket said that the check-in deadline was at 9. I got there around 8:45 & was outside until around 9:15. They scan your ticket when you're in line. A lot of people already were there before me. They bring you in to the ABC cafeteria which was nearly full by the time I was inside. You're seated the studio around 10:30 & out a few minutes after 12. They have a lot of staff to make sure this all goes smoothly from shifts to go to the bathroom or starbucks. They're dealing with 100-150 people & a small space, but it all works out. It's really just the ABC office building & The View is sort of a small part of the whole thing.

Thanks r313- I'm glad I went. I almost didn't go after the reviews were so bad, but I think it was you who put that in perspective. It was totally normal for a show taping. They were actually nicer / more interactive than I thought, probably because 1/2 the show was already taped.

by Anonymousreply 316April 13, 2019 5:28 PM

Ben as in Mr. Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 317April 13, 2019 9:23 PM

Thanks for the report, r308.

by Anonymousreply 318April 13, 2019 11:39 PM

Ben doesn't work on the show, but feeds Meghan her talking points beforehand. He lives in DC IIRC

by Anonymousreply 319April 14, 2019 3:48 AM

Finally the view on snl!!

by Anonymousreply 320April 14, 2019 3:56 AM

Hell No....SNL is about to do a View sketch....should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 321April 14, 2019 3:56 AM

McNepotism finally got her split screen -- on SNL. Aidy was good as "the princess of Arizona". They went easy on her but I'm still pleased they gave it a shot.

Kate as Joy was weak.

Cecily as Abby and Leslie as Whoopi were good.

by Anonymousreply 322April 14, 2019 4:24 AM

Aidy was great; Kate was miscast (guess she can't do everything)

Cecily's 'really? me first? ok!' was hilarious.

they'll bitch about this on Monday; Joy will say it was funny; MM: I don't get it.

She's John Heard in BIG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 14, 2019 4:25 AM

Heidi would have been better as Lori in the open since they need some very thin.

by Anonymousreply 324April 14, 2019 4:29 AM

R323, Asuncion will be miffed she wasn't included.

by Anonymousreply 325April 14, 2019 4:42 AM

Ooops r324 was meant for the SNL thread.

by Anonymousreply 326April 14, 2019 4:44 AM

SNL was brilliant. Nailed it! Princess of Arizona.....hillarious!

by Anonymousreply 327April 14, 2019 4:50 AM

Aidy went to school with Meghan....not friends, but I believe they knew each other. I'm sure Aidy warned Princess about the show tonight

by Anonymousreply 328April 14, 2019 4:53 AM

R328, they attended the same high school but Meghan is three years older than Aidy. I doubt they knew each other. I believe Meghan mentioned on the show they went to the same school but that was about it.

by Anonymousreply 329April 14, 2019 4:56 AM

I believe the show is repeats this coming week, darn it, no reaction Monday.

Maybe that's why SNL did it this week, if the Princess gets pissed, it will have blown over by the time they come back next week.

by Anonymousreply 330April 14, 2019 5:47 AM

For your viewing pleasure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331April 14, 2019 6:00 AM

That was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 332April 14, 2019 6:16 AM

About the SNL skit, Meghan will say, “Hell yeah! If I have to be made fun of on SNL, I’m glad it’s by another ARIZONA GIRL!” and then they will flash a photo of her with Aidy from last month on the show, and she will remind us she and Aidy went to the same Arizona high school, and then Meghan will talk about her father and the military.

by Anonymousreply 333April 14, 2019 9:47 AM

SNL fail. The View segment opened with Whoopi saying “President Trump...” Which Whoopi so proudly refuses to say. But I agree Leslie did a good job as Whoop. Even her fumbling of a line felt like it was in character even though I’m sure it wasn’t meant to be.

by Anonymousreply 334April 14, 2019 9:57 AM

I mostly liked Abby until a month or so ago when they played a clip of AoC doing an Instagram live video and she said something along the lines of “a lot of young people are asking if it’s responsible to keep having children because of overpopulation’s effects on the planet,” and Abby turned almost as Incredible Hulkish as Meghan with an insane interpretation. “I’m sorry, but this is an EXTREMIST! This is THE MOST EXTREME THING I have EVER heard from an elected official. SHE WANTS TO DO AWAY WITH THE HUMAN POPULATION. SHE WANTS TO ELIMINATE US FROM THE PLANET. If THIS is how the Democrats want to represent themselves, well then there’s just no hope for the Democratic party!!!”

How the fuck she heard “let’s exterminate the human species” from what AoC said is beyond me, except of course that Abby is a Mormon cult member at heart and believes the whole point of life is to pop out as many babies as possible to populate Planet Zeexgzorp in The Afterlife. What a loon.

by Anonymousreply 335April 14, 2019 10:04 AM

Wahoo! I am kinda excited to see McKinnon as the weak link, finally. I don’t want to see her fail, really, but she is so overused on the show that maybe they’ll think twice before just throwing her into any skit. She can be hilarious, but like Kristin Wiig, I’ve come to resent her a little bit just because it now seems like it’s “Saturday Night Live! Starring Kate McKinnon and company!” Cecily Strong is as good, Aidy is consistently very funny even if she sort of blends in, and Melissa Villaseñor surprises me a lot. I forget she’s there until she shines in a role. She was a pretty perfect Ana Navarro.

by Anonymousreply 336April 14, 2019 10:14 AM

The View sketch should've been filled my father, my father. Kate was miscast as Lori and Joy.

by Anonymousreply 337April 14, 2019 10:38 AM

SNL was terrible laat night, even though Emma Stone is usually funny. The material is just abysmal. I’ve been annoyed that they stopped mocking The View, but last night’s episofe squandered a lot of ridicule-ready reality, primarily from McCain. I AM STILL TALKING ABOUT MY FATHER should be the basis of at least one entire skit, with all the women taking turns heaping over-the-top praise on John McCain, because that’s about all The View is anymore. Meghan McVain is a walking, screaming self-parody.

by Anonymousreply 338April 14, 2019 11:13 AM

SNL went pretty easy on McMyFather because of Lorne Michael's friendship with Saint John, she really has coddling and protection in every aspect of her life.

by Anonymousreply 339April 14, 2019 1:22 PM

Said McCarthy: “It was all a lie, it was all a lie so we wouldn’t take the next job.”

She continued of Shepherd: “Sherri was also looking at other opportunities. She was renegotiating at the time, so to keep someone — and I even said that to them. I go, ‘I’m a single mother with a special needs kid. Not that that’s a reason to keep anybody, but to keep me away from getting other work when I have other TV offers and I turn them down is really s—ty,’ which I’ve told face-to-face.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 14, 2019 2:09 PM

The Ladies Who Punch author was on Fox News Channel this morning. He said he thought the SNL sketch was very funny.

During a different interview, he said Whoopi contacted him after the book came out and was furious that she's depicted on the cover with Rosie O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 341April 14, 2019 7:27 PM

I am really creeped out this author is an apparent Republican and a self-described “very close friend” of Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 342April 14, 2019 7:30 PM

I was told by friends who used to work with him at both Variety and The Daily Beast that he's an asshole. One said they come across a lot of slimy people in the industry but he was a huge sellout and would steal a lot of other peoples' ideas and use their work in his stories.

by Anonymousreply 343April 14, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote]Kate as Joy was weak.

They could have easily had Fred Armisen guest as Joy. He's been in NYC working on Seth Meyer's show, he's been the band's drummer the past few weeks. Fred was the original drummer on Seth's show. Since the female drummer was fired years ago, Seth's show has a revolving cast of drummers. Then, Fred never came back permanently because he was busy working on 'Portlandia". Seth's show has been using guest drummers every week. Fred does come back occasionally.

Both NBC studios are in the same building. Fred should have been called in to do the The View sketch. Kate was totally awful as Joy.

by Anonymousreply 344April 14, 2019 7:48 PM

Kate was phoning it in yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 345April 14, 2019 7:51 PM

I’m glad they had women play all the women. Honestly, I have always thought it was fucked up that Joy and Whoopi always were played by men. Kate was just a terrible choice. She is from New York and can’t even do a New York accent...so weird.

I could get into a resurrected Chris Farley as Meghan, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 14, 2019 7:53 PM

It was awful but I give props to MVs' Ana. Even the theme music was 70s disco.

by Anonymousreply 347April 14, 2019 8:57 PM

Fred Armisen was so good as Joy I wish he had played her again. I know it’s better to have women play women but Kate was terrible and they still have a man playing Whoopi so it wouldn’t have been too gimmicky.

by Anonymousreply 348April 14, 2019 10:49 PM

Subtle, R348. Subtle like a freight train.

by Anonymousreply 349April 14, 2019 10:54 PM

I know Joy and Whoopie have complained about being played by men so they should just have the entire panel played by male cast members.

by Anonymousreply 350April 14, 2019 11:24 PM

Joy tweeted her praise for SNL finally having a female play her last night.

Sunny & Ana also loved the skit per Twitter

by Anonymousreply 351April 15, 2019 1:13 AM

Poor Sunny wasn’t included in the skit.

by Anonymousreply 352April 15, 2019 1:16 AM

Sunny would be too easy to play. Just repeat "as a former federal prosecutor" over and over. That's all she ever says lol.

by Anonymousreply 353April 15, 2019 1:20 AM

Mrs. Meade wants to know what a bordello looks like. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 354April 15, 2019 2:46 AM

Can I eat Meghan’s snatch? Please?

by Anonymousreply 355April 15, 2019 3:15 AM

R355 Only after you praise her father first.

by Anonymousreply 356April 15, 2019 3:25 AM

Meagain posted how honored SNL's ex-intern was to be the Princess of Arizona.

She loved it.

by Anonymousreply 357April 15, 2019 3:57 AM

Did she say her father was laughing in heaven?

by Anonymousreply 358April 15, 2019 4:00 AM

Aidy had a real moment with Meghan's combination eye roll, suck in the cheeks, make pouty face and defiant hair toss response to "Joy." It was pretty brilliant characterization. The script needed more content for them to dig into. "Whoopi's" water spraying and (raspy) saying we're not gonna do this felt just right too. Ana needed more airtime because Melissa Villaseñor had her down - including her little Down Syndrome face.

by Anonymousreply 359April 15, 2019 4:13 AM

Melissa v. Sounds like Kermit. I cannot stand her voice.

by Anonymousreply 360April 15, 2019 4:31 AM

Reading the Rosie section of the book now. Mark Gentile, director, called her medically and clinically insane. I believe it because she sounds exactly like a VP I had to work with for a decade. She took over the organization I worked for. She ran it, and everybody knew it. She steamrolled the president and he rolled over every time they had a conflict. Eighty percent of the people she hired would quit within a year or two, after months or years of crying and (including me) suddenly developing severe health problems, likely related to the stress of working for her or in my case with her. Her chaos finally drove the organization to the brink of collapse, her whole staff revolted and threatened to go to the board, which was willfully oblivious, and while our finances looked good on paper, her departure realized she had been mismanaging grants, including not doing work we were funded to do, and had managed even to smokescreen our accountants and auditors. When Trump ascended, I was a little less bewildered than many people because I recognized her narcissistic sociopathy as the same as this woman’s.

Interestingly, Rosie, Trump and the woman I’m talking about are all from NYC.

I do think Rosie’s intentions are to help, not personal attainment and greed like Trump’s motivation, but I think her bulldozer personality and her insane ego corrupt her intentions. She really does sound (believably) like the same personality type: While her intention was to “save” Barbara Walters, her plan to do it was based entirely on Rosie’s narcissistic self-superiority, and she ruined so many lives because she KNEW that she knew how to do every single job better than any given person whose profession was to do that job. So she executed every job, robbed people of their livelihoods, and ended up feeling victimized because everything she did was to help and to use her genius to make things better.

by Anonymousreply 361April 15, 2019 11:22 AM

Trump and Rosie are exactly alike in temperment and psychoses.

by Anonymousreply 362April 15, 2019 11:46 AM

Interesting, though, from page 178...Rosie seals her fate by observing following 9/11 that all U.S. media are owned by four corporations, including Disney, and that American media serve the American people propaganda. She tells viewers to look at foreign news coverage to discover the realities of who we are.

Elisabeth said, “You think we’re brainwashed as a whole country? I think not.”

Cut to Rosie being fired.

Cut to Elisabeth joining Fox News.

Cut to 2019: Elisabeth guests on The View and...”God, God, thank God almighty, God has blessed me, God save America, grateful to God, I’m God-loving, I’m God-fearing, God bless America!”

Rosie may have a monstrous personality, but she’s also correct.

by Anonymousreply 363April 15, 2019 11:54 AM

What bothered me about Rosie was the gleefully way she fired people. If someone disagreed with her, she tried to get them fired. It's the ultimate power trip. Just like Trump and 1980s-era Roseanne Barr.

She seemed to defend that attitude in the book, suggesting it was the only way to elicit change. Well, what about employee satisfaction and loyalty?

by Anonymousreply 364April 15, 2019 12:34 PM

Yes R364 and not only “to elicit change,” but specifically the changes that she dictated because she believed absolutely, like Trump does, that collaboration and allowing others to make sovereign decisions their jobs charge them to do is wrong—because they should only do what she dictates, because that is always the best thing to do. She is a dictator in pure terms. Even when it was not her job to produce the show, she produced and directed the show and she called for many executions to make it “better” (eg, her vision).

This is textbook narcissism. To a narcissist, the whole world exists only as an extension of the narcissist. It is psychologically challenging and maddening because objectively people exist on their own, but subjectivity to a narcissist is objective to a narcissist. When they “like” someone, it’s becsuse that person is perceived as a useful tool to realize the narcissist’s vision. When someone they like challenges their opinion, that’s psychologically upsetting because to a narcissist someone they like is only an extension of that person—a utility, anothet hand, to get things done. Suddenly that personal extension is like a hand that has turned against the person it belongs to, and the narcissist then feels like the world is out of control. What would you do if you were trying to use your hand to make coffee and instead it started to choke you against your will? That’s how narcissists feel when they think they are being betrayed—and betrayal to them is challenging their demands.

Rosie is too emotional and sympathetic to be a sociopath, but she is absolutely a narcissist. Like Trump, she will dote on any sycophant because that person is “smart” because that person agrees with her and lives to fulfill her vision. Those who are not sycophants are eliminated from her world—no problem. Just cut them out. The wrath only comes when they feel they have been betrayed—a sycophant who finds her voice is asking for hell.

by Anonymousreply 365April 15, 2019 1:12 PM

^Nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 366April 15, 2019 1:15 PM

Looks like a repeat today.. ugh.

by Anonymousreply 367April 15, 2019 3:03 PM

I’m the assshole above who mistakenly thought Kenan Thompson played Whoopi on SNL. I watched on the train and just asssumed it was him. I never watched SNL and I’m not familiar with Leslie Jones. Anyway, my post looks terrible and I wish I could edit it because it was not meant as an insult to Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 368April 15, 2019 3:26 PM

This WEEK is Spring break and is repeats.

by Anonymousreply 369April 15, 2019 3:28 PM

R368

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370April 15, 2019 3:28 PM

R368, I thought it was Kenan, too. First, because Kenan did it so well in the past, I just assumed they'd have him reprise his role. Also, the impression was so good, and Kenan is good at impressions.

I'm pleasantly surprised to learn it was Leslie. She's a better impressionist than I thought. She did an excellent job!

by Anonymousreply 371April 15, 2019 3:41 PM

Rosie has mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 372April 15, 2019 4:18 PM

Joy has dementia issues. It's quite clear. Sunny has eating issues, Abby has heiress issues, Ana keeps her issues in a soundbite can and Whoopi is bored with life's issues. She's too rich and stoned and lazy and pigshit mean to care.

by Anonymousreply 373April 16, 2019 12:25 AM

^^^^^^ You can pretend you're the Beast but we see you Babs.

by Anonymousreply 374April 16, 2019 6:16 AM

Did Babs shit her diapers today?

by Anonymousreply 375April 16, 2019 7:29 AM

Dear Rosie,

Please do not Tweet about Pete Buttigieg or you'll kill his candidacy with your crazy.

by Anonymousreply 376April 16, 2019 8:33 AM

Mayor Pete is Ellen's pet project. He won't get far. Rosie is too smart to put her political energy into Pete Butt Howdy. What is wrong with gay people's heads? Shaking mine. Rosie brought us Sutton damn Foster!! Pete Butthowdy might do better on Broadway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377April 16, 2019 8:44 AM

Is MeMe on a week long bender?

by Anonymousreply 378April 16, 2019 8:33 PM

She may be swinging from the chandeliers in Vegas this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 379April 16, 2019 8:35 PM

Joy does not have dementia issues. There is so much shit to say about things swirling around our "president" that it is difficult for the Mensa society to offer up succinct responses. That is what happens when we are gaslit like this. She is clearly very frustrated and exasperated with things as anyone with compassion, sense and brains should be.

Rosie, to me, is not a narcissist but a control freak due to her mother passing. She must control everything due to her mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 380April 16, 2019 10:29 PM

Rosie's wife Michelle. That poor, dear lady. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 381April 16, 2019 10:44 PM

Wtf? I saw an old clip of Rosie talking about dating a new woman posted on Twitter when the book came out. I never followed up by searching what happened to her. She’s dead? Shit.

by Anonymousreply 382April 16, 2019 11:15 PM

I think it was suicide

by Anonymousreply 383April 16, 2019 11:18 PM

Rosie's new gf is a blonde with a name like "Rooster" or "Shooter" or something like that. Any time that Rosie posts a pic of her on social media, her fans assume that she's one of Rosie's blonde daughters. Yes--the new gf (wife?) is young.

Rosie is currently filming an HBO movie with Mark Ruffalo so she probably doesn't have time for The View shenanigans these days.

by Anonymousreply 384April 16, 2019 11:31 PM

R384, Her name is Rooney. She is a mounted police officer in my city, although I have yet to spot her anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 385April 16, 2019 11:44 PM

I'm on the Rosie section of the book and all I can say is - HOLY SHIT.

The staff REALLY had bad things to say to her. Mark Gentile (one of the senior people) refused to have any in-person contact with her at one point, after he couldn't take it anymore and finally told her off. She had tons of editors and directors fired & would freak out over shots not being perfect. It all kinda shocked me.. but she saw herself as the one who was going to "save" the view - and elevate it to something better. She added the craft segments and the confetti machines, audience giveaways - but she'd demand people run out an find some exact power ranger (on 10 minutes notice) to give to someone in the audience - and when they did it, she was pissed the color wasn't what she wanted.

I know Rosie is kind of nuts & many of the comments already discuss her personality above, but wow - the Rosie chapters are fucking crazy. She also denies physically intimidating barbara "with her size" - she said it was a big blow up in the makeup room (why barbara didn't defend her to trump - they placated trump on the conference call with Geddie & Trump went on every talk show to say how much he hated Rosie & Barbara did too) and they were sitting in makeup chairs. I would've been pissed at BW too. BW said something like "what a sad pathetic man" toward the tail end of the feud, as an olive branch, but Rosie was having none of it.

Still more to read... but damn.

by Anonymousreply 386April 17, 2019 1:01 AM

I meant - after the 3-way call between Geddie, Barbara, and Trump, then Trump took the liberty to schedule himself on 15 different tv shows telling the world how rosie is a fat pig (etc) and then ALSO saying Barbara made a mistake hiring her. Barbara denied it, but then the book later says Barbara and Geddie told ABC they wouldn't come back if she was renewed (I think someone else mentioned this). I can't believe Rosie had more power than Barbara at one point. It was Barbara's show. I can't understand how that could happen.

Btw, I thought the year that Rosie had the set redone - it was hideous. All blue. They had a designer do it "so it wouldn't look like Nana's house" but it was just so ugly to me. The whole theme of the rosie chapters is that she always thinks she knows best, and she's telling people with careers at ABC / The View / major talk shows - that they're all wrong - just based on her single show in daytime. And she'd bulldoze them completely.

by Anonymousreply 387April 17, 2019 1:07 AM

Poor Katreese!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388April 17, 2019 1:12 AM

Rosie gave KB a hard time too.

Why did The Great and Powerful O put up with her nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 389April 17, 2019 1:18 AM

Sane here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390April 17, 2019 1:29 AM

I dont care....Rosie mocking Trump on the view was GOLDEN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391April 17, 2019 1:33 AM

R391 They should have had her do him on SNL. That would drive what sanity is left from his addled brain.

by Anonymousreply 392April 17, 2019 1:39 AM

Did she think he would shrug his shoulders and let her rant go? She should have been prepared for the fallout but it crushed her enough to attack a little old lady in her dressing room.

Very immature behavior.

by Anonymousreply 393April 17, 2019 2:15 AM

Rosie and Alec Baldwin may be on opposite ends of the political spectrum from Trump but they're all cut from the same narcissistic cloth. That's why all three of them are always fighting with someone about something. When they go after each other it's endless because none of these idiots will ever let anything go.

by Anonymousreply 394April 17, 2019 2:22 AM

Rosie is not a narcissist. She has many issues but that isn't one. Control freaks are not necessarily narcissists.

He came after her with a disgusting-ness that was so low it shocked most. To make matters worse, many did not defend her from such disgusting attacks.

by Anonymousreply 395April 17, 2019 2:40 AM

R395, she's despicable by all published accounts and allegedly drove her ex wife to suicide. She and Trump are a match made in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 396April 17, 2019 2:48 AM

How are you supposed to defend somebody when they act like she does? What would be the defense? She meant well?

by Anonymousreply 397April 17, 2019 2:51 AM

Again, straight from the Kathy Griffin playbook, an early chapter: Rosie goes to Trump's wedding but starts the whole feud with a cheap shot about his hair. And then gets all weepy and victimy when he dares to strike back. Annoying bitches.

by Anonymousreply 398April 17, 2019 2:53 AM

Rosie IS a loser. One of the only things Trump has been correct about.

by Anonymousreply 399April 17, 2019 2:55 AM

Rose gave you heathens (R399) Marin Mazzie, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Audra Mcdonald and little Lea Michele. Ragtime bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400April 17, 2019 3:07 AM

Rosie's behavior stems from mental issues not narcissism. No one defends her behavior but the cause is not narcissism. She has deep mental issues but she has a good heart unlike our pretendedent.

by Anonymousreply 401April 17, 2019 3:13 AM

What pray tell could these mental issues be?

by Anonymousreply 402April 17, 2019 3:15 AM

SIT and SPIN people. Rosie gave you Betty Buckley in the fucking daytime! You don't deserve her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403April 17, 2019 3:17 AM

Was she truly molested or was that revelation part of the mental illness? Convenient she didn't say anything until her father died and couldn't (ironically) defend himself.

by Anonymousreply 404April 17, 2019 3:21 AM

I want to pull Rosie's pants down and see what's lurking in there.

by Anonymousreply 405April 17, 2019 3:23 AM

Jimmy Hoffa?

by Anonymousreply 406April 17, 2019 3:32 AM

R401: Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder Grandiose sense of self-importance. ... Lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur. ... Needs constant praise and admiration. ... Sense of entitlement. ... Exploits others without guilt or shame. ... Frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies, or belittles others.

by Anonymousreply 407April 17, 2019 3:35 AM

Nell Carter didn't embrace her.

by Anonymousreply 408April 17, 2019 3:38 AM

????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409April 17, 2019 3:44 AM

Will Joy have a massive stroke if Trump is re-elected?

by Anonymousreply 410April 17, 2019 3:46 AM

Narcissists wouldn't bring you the sexy ass cast of Fosse in the morning. Rosie is beloved. Bye bye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411April 17, 2019 3:48 AM

Ask Ro Anything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412April 17, 2019 3:53 AM

R410 But he likely will before then.

by Anonymousreply 413April 17, 2019 3:53 AM

How did your wife die?

by Anonymousreply 414April 17, 2019 3:54 AM

Roger Ebert went in hard on her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415April 17, 2019 4:13 AM

It's a shame she's such a terror because I think Rosie is the best moderator the show ever had. When they brought her back and kept deadwood Goldberg as the moderator, it didn't work. Rosie is a great moderator and highly watchable. It's just a shame no one can work with her without suffering trauma.

by Anonymousreply 416April 17, 2019 4:36 AM

R404

Rosie revealed she was molested eons ago. Going all the way back to the time she had her original talk show. She discussed it but never named her father as her molester until recently.

When she had her first son she said she'd never allow her kid to go to sleep away camp or even spend the night at another kid's house. The friend would always be welcome at her house but she was paranoid her child might be molested if they were away from home.

by Anonymousreply 417April 17, 2019 4:46 AM

R396

How the hell do you blame Rosie for Michelle's suicide? They were no longer together.. Michelle had moved to LA & was living with a new woman. They were heavy in the party scene. The new relationship was very volatile with accusations of domestic violence on both sides & Michelle developed a major drug addiction.

by Anonymousreply 418April 17, 2019 4:51 AM

Rosie/Roseanne both accused their fathers. At least one of them was lying about it.

IF Mr. O'Donnell molested her BEFORE his wife's death it seems strange that it would stop right afterwards. If he had this sickness in him wouldn't he have just kept on doing it? The whole story seems strange. If Ro knew this about her father wouldn't she have reported him to the authorities when she got older to save the neighborhood kids? I don't know what to believe here. Something seems fishy.

by Anonymousreply 419April 17, 2019 5:27 AM

Walters is such a fucking liar. This is all disputed in the book and by Rosie herself. Walters and Geddie had no intention of keeping Rosie. And their emails were not "affectionate" at this time. Rosie did a lot to protect Barbara's phony ass over the years, truth be told.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420April 17, 2019 5:43 AM

You mean by calling her old and demented in her book?

by Anonymousreply 421April 17, 2019 5:45 AM

Rosie did improve the show. Barbara was a vile, rude Jewess.

by Anonymousreply 422April 17, 2019 5:54 AM

Babs was such a nasty lying cunt. Truly a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 423April 17, 2019 7:40 AM

My mother was abused by her father and I noticed some similarities with Rosie in the book. Especially the hypochondria and convincing themselves they have every disease they hear about. As to whether Ro’s father would just stop when her mom passed, it’s possible. My mother has 3 sisters and my grandfather never touched 2 of them. He also stopped the abuse suddenly and never touched her again. Incestuous pedos are not the most logical fellas I guess.

by Anonymousreply 424April 17, 2019 10:36 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if Rosie's father also molested one or more of her sisters.

by Anonymousreply 425April 17, 2019 11:51 AM

Disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 426April 17, 2019 11:00 PM

I believe that Ro has stopped or had stopped talking to her sister Maureen because of this.

by Anonymousreply 427April 17, 2019 11:20 PM

Just like Roseanne and Jackie for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 428April 17, 2019 11:24 PM

Here she is with a kind sage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429April 17, 2019 11:29 PM

Rosie still in therapy?

by Anonymousreply 430April 18, 2019 12:01 AM

Has Meeagain been behaving?

by Anonymousreply 431April 18, 2019 12:33 AM

This week is Holy Week/Spring Break and is all reruns.

by Anonymousreply 432April 18, 2019 12:45 AM

Sunny is spending the week on her knees. Does her husband know? He insists she wake up in full makeup!

by Anonymousreply 433April 18, 2019 12:49 AM

Is Megs in Vegas?

by Anonymousreply 434April 18, 2019 12:51 AM

Haven't heard people seeing her.

by Anonymousreply 435April 18, 2019 12:59 AM

Meghan is promoting good work. She's right too. I don't hate her. She's barely a Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436April 18, 2019 1:15 AM

I don't hate her either but she is still annoying.

by Anonymousreply 437April 18, 2019 4:55 AM

Meghan is a stupid cunt whose dad probably had to bribe Universite of Arizona to get her in. Whoopi should shove her dick in Meghan's mouth and shut her up on live tv.

by Anonymousreply 438April 18, 2019 5:09 AM

SNL hadn’t done a SNL skit in so long it shows how unfunny the show is. Kenan IS Whoopi. Fred Armeson owns Joy. Kate was fine as Joy and Aidy nailed Meghan whatever her name is. The one with resting cunt face. I don’t know how anyone watches this.

by Anonymousreply 439April 18, 2019 5:35 AM

Erm, View skit. I botched that as bad as Whoopi reading a cue card.

by Anonymousreply 440April 18, 2019 5:36 AM

The View never parted ways with you R440. It was always our desire to keep you on, but you made a different choice. I won't reveal our private communications, but you know you have my love and support. As a journalist I can't say more. Take as much time as you need to get sober R440. The View made you a star. Tread carefully. We shall welcome your future success. Don't be a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 441April 18, 2019 5:48 AM

How could Star not know that Al is gay????????

by Anonymousreply 442April 18, 2019 9:02 AM

How did Stella get her groove back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443April 18, 2019 9:14 AM

LOL, R441

by Anonymousreply 444April 18, 2019 12:56 PM

I remember when Rosie was moderator, before the show became a regular debate about Bush and the war, the wackiest thing to happen was when Danny DeVito showed up for his interview apparently drunk.

by Anonymousreply 445April 18, 2019 3:28 PM

R445

I remember that. He was drunk because he had drank a bottle of Lemoncello. He was a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 446April 18, 2019 3:33 PM

I love drunk interviewees!

by Anonymousreply 447April 18, 2019 3:45 PM

Devito

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448April 18, 2019 6:35 PM

Mon 4/22: Sen Mike Lee (R-UT)

Tues 4/23: Melinda Gates

Wed 4/24: Sen Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Julian Lennon

Thurs 4/25: Dr. Phil

Fri 4/26: Pitbull, Vivica A. Fox

by Anonymousreply 449April 20, 2019 4:10 PM

I should think Monday's entire show would be all about the Mueller report.

Poor Asuncion, having to spend her Easter weekend reading it.

by Anonymousreply 450April 20, 2019 8:05 PM

So Mon will be Lee defending his overlord screaming "But it said no collusion and no Obstruction of Justice!" for 3 segments. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 451April 20, 2019 8:09 PM

How much weight will Meghan have gained during the week off?

by Anonymousreply 452April 20, 2019 8:19 PM

Meghan would be half her size if she had a liverectomy.

by Anonymousreply 453April 20, 2019 8:21 PM

I hope she dieted to piss everyone off, but doubtful. She seems to struggle to fit onto her stool and rest her feet on the bar. They should really have her behind the table rather than at the end.

by Anonymousreply 454April 20, 2019 8:22 PM

FUCK YOU ALL, I'M BIG BONED!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 455April 20, 2019 8:23 PM

She should call in a disability accommodation and ask them to carve a big notch out of the table where she fits so she can scoot in closer.

by Anonymousreply 456April 20, 2019 8:23 PM

If Meghan gets much heavier, she'll be entering on one of these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457April 20, 2019 8:30 PM

She sould have been Stay Puft in the all-women Ghostbusters.

by Anonymousreply 458April 20, 2019 8:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 20, 2019 8:50 PM

The rabid contributors to this thread getting psyched for The View's return on Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460April 20, 2019 11:55 PM

The title says it all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461April 20, 2019 11:57 PM

The View rarely represents Asian women's POV, and I hope someone calls them out on it. I mean, they have three white, two black, and one and a half latin (the half is Ana because she's part time) women now. Why no Asian women?

Why do they say that anyone who wants to "make it" in politics needs to come on TV when the show, like mainstream politics, ignores a large minority group?

by Anonymousreply 462April 21, 2019 12:07 AM

Meghan is unfortunate that her weight is in her stomach, face and upper arms. If she was pear shaped she could get away with it better. I’ve seen 200lb pear shaped women with chiselled faces and visible collar bones. Then they have her at the end of the table where she’s seen from the side and can’t hide behind the table, we get a full view of the tummy and upper body. She was quite pretty when she was thinner a few years ago, with the round face she looks like John McCain in a dime store wig.

by Anonymousreply 463April 21, 2019 12:16 AM

Meghan is still stunning in her curvy form. She reminds me of a young Diana Dors.

by Anonymousreply 464April 21, 2019 12:27 AM

Richard Dawson approves R464's post.

by Anonymousreply 465April 21, 2019 12:33 AM

Meghan's body literally looks like a squat fire hydrant. If she didn't have those monstrous tits, she'd be straight up and down. Meghan's height is listed as 5'1"!

McDad has short stumpy legs, she should never wear very high heels because they emphasize how short and stumpy her legs are. Very high heels on short fat women are never EVER flattering.

Her dress size is listed as a 12, no way is that true, she's at least 16-18. That's in the actual dress sizing, not vanity size. There is also no way she weights 137 pounds! More like closer to 175! A 29" waist ,my ass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466April 21, 2019 12:59 AM

R466, a poster upthread was in the audience recently and said Meghan looks nowhere near as heavy as she does on camera.

by Anonymousreply 467April 21, 2019 1:41 AM

r467, the camera add 20 pounds, how many cameras does Meghan have on her?

by Anonymousreply 468April 21, 2019 2:27 AM

I’ve been in the audience and she doesn’t look as fat as she does on screen. She looks like a chubby, apple shaped, short woman. No way is she 137lb though. I would say 160ish with a 35 inch waist and a size 14.

by Anonymousreply 469April 21, 2019 10:52 AM

Wow, according to the Setoodeh book, Barbara Walters talked Roger Ailes into hiring Elisabeth Hasselbeck, which he didn’t want to do, as a personal favor because Barbara was worried Elisabeth would bash The View in the press. Ailes supposedly broadcast behind the scenes at Fox News that he only hired Elisabeth as a favor. Burrrn.

Meanwhile, Sherri seems pretty wonderful in this book. She is naive but not dumb, pretty assertive, and she says kind things about both Whoopi and Rosie, both of whom helped her. Rosie told her how much all the other women were paid so that Sherri could negotiate a fair contract when they tried to underpay her, and Whoopi did the whole Pretty Woman makeover sponsorship thing and told Sherri to “pay it forward.”

Whoopi also comes across like a good person off camera but, unsurprisingly and true to her onscreen performance, totally uninvested in The View except as a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 470April 21, 2019 1:23 PM

I think part of the reason Sherri has been so good on the show, behind the scenes, and so positive about the show since leaving is that frankly she was lucky to get it. That sounds very condescending, but before The View she was another one of those 'original queens of comedy' of the 90s (like Sommore etc.) whose film/TV opportunities weren't really there, and whose opportunities in the mid 00s were drying up as the Apollo nights and BET specials became less frequent.

She's humble, and genuine. And it shows, even with all her stupid comments on the show over the years. She's also a pretty good actress, thinking of projects like 30 Rock and Precious (which most people forget she was in).

by Anonymousreply 471April 21, 2019 2:07 PM

Was she the wife in 30 Rock? She was hilarious as Angie.

by Anonymousreply 472April 21, 2019 4:47 PM

I should be getting the pics back tomorrow from Walgreens. You're not allowed to have your phone out in the studio, so I bought one of those disposable cameras. She's not as fat in person. Maybe it'll come across on the pics ... maybe not.

What r469 said is basically how it is. Her shape is part of the issue & Sunny is very thin, sitting next to her. Also, she sits directly sideways to the camera rather than facing forward, so I think it adds even more.

Well, anyway - you'll see tomorrow whatever I got. What surprised me is how 20+ staffers rush on stage for the commercial breaks too. It's weird. After 3 minutes, their makeup didn't change that much for a touch up, but they come right away.

For now, here's the line to wait in! (The second pic, if you click on this - it'll go to a little album & that is the ABC cafeteria).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473April 21, 2019 5:00 PM

If you like Sherri, watch trial & error

by Anonymousreply 474April 21, 2019 5:02 PM

And tomorrow we have te return of Titzie McCain.

by Anonymousreply 475April 21, 2019 5:04 PM

I'm surprised she hasn't demanded the center seat (Joy's) not just to camouflage her body but also because she fancies herself center of the universe anyway.

I suspect she will be giddy happy tomorrow and basking in the glory of what she interprets as SNL validating her new catchphrase of "It's your job to listen to me". She has her own catchphrase now like Joy's "So what, who cares. It's not a split screen but to her it illuminates her importance.

by Anonymousreply 476April 21, 2019 5:14 PM

I concur r474! Trial and Error was smart, and hilarious! I hate that it never gained mainstream popularity, and ended up getting canceled.

by Anonymousreply 477April 21, 2019 6:16 PM

It's pretty hard to dislike Sherri Shepherd, She's funny, as in actually funny. She's not bitter and stale like Joy and Whoopi. Sherri tells a great story, gives good face and can deliver a one liner like your favorite TV auntie. She's enthusiastic, spontaneous and unafraid to play the fool. As stated above she's a very good comic actress. From Raymond and Less Than Perfect to 30 Rock & Trial and Error. I could envision Sherri with her own show. Then Wendy up and left her husband and once again the world is flat.

by Anonymousreply 478April 21, 2019 9:23 PM

Who knew Sherri frequents the DL?

by Anonymousreply 479April 21, 2019 10:54 PM

Does it matter that McDad isn't 'fat' in person? She's on TV, she should have already taken appropriate steps to lose at least 20 pounds before accepting this TV gig. She's very short and even 5 pounds overweight is too much.

She's supposedly such an expert on everything, she doesn't know everyone looks heavier on TV and in photos??

Fashion Victim McDad and an actual normal sized woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480April 21, 2019 11:25 PM

Meghan has no neck and a hunchback. She has a dowager body! She looks like a 50+ year old woman who had a hysterectomy at 35-40! This is what a woman's body looks like when they start losing important hormones.

Basically, she looks older than the average woman who is still in her 30s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481April 21, 2019 11:29 PM

Meghan is basically shapeless, her enormous tits aren't emphasized in this photo. She has no waist and short stumpy arms like her father. She actually looks pregnant in this photo.

Surprised no one has ever noticed, she actually looks like her father in drag! I see very little of her mom in her features.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482April 21, 2019 11:33 PM

I can imagine Meghan saying this! She's so delusional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483April 21, 2019 11:35 PM

The problem with Rosie.....is that she's always right. And she is. As she was about Trump. And Cosby. And the war in Iraq. She's far too smart for the panel of The View. And she wouldn't suck Whoopi's dick. Was she too aggressive or angry for morning television? Sometimes. Whoopi wanted her gone and pushed all the right buttons of disrespect and control. Rosie is also not a great producer of television. She should let others do their jobs. But she's a smart woman and one of the few truthful voices in the world of celebrity. She doesn't have all the money in the world, not by a long shot. But she has fuck you money and she's not afraid to use it. She doesn't stay where she's not wanted. She enjoys crafting and Broadway and getting married a lot too.

Whoopi complains everyday about her job at The View. She's unhappy, uninvested, lazy and bad tempered. On camera. But she won't fucking QUIT. She believes in FUCK YOU money - as in fucking over her employers, her coworkers and the audience, then collecting a BIG paycheck. Nasty bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484April 22, 2019 1:42 PM

Trial & Error was a great show and even more upsetting than it failing to find a mainstream audience - it didn't find a large audience here. It was GREAT last summer - but they burned through the whole season in July on a night when no one was watching.

Sherri Shepherd was hilarious. Dwayne and Anne were especially good. Anne's maladies alone should have made her a permanent DL legend. At least there appear to have been two, maybe 3 people on DL who watched it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485April 22, 2019 1:58 PM

Back to live shows today? You know the Mueller Report will be discussed, probably leading to how messed Trump's White House and administration are in general. What else happened next week? Read this morning that the Supreme Court will be hearing cases on whether or not it's legal to discriminate against GLBTs in the workplace and hoping that issue gets addressed. (Meghan: "As you all know, I'm good friends with Clay Aiken who happens to be gay..."_

by Anonymousreply 486April 22, 2019 2:33 PM

Sherri hates gays but yet she is ok with her having multiple abortions. Fuk her. Useless dumbass piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 487April 22, 2019 2:38 PM

Meghan exploded. Walk off the show, please. She is unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 488April 22, 2019 3:20 PM

LOL. Meghan just thanked her one fan for clapping. Sunny kept trying to ask questions, but every time, Meghan talked over her to talk about her one fan, or maybe three, in the audience. Weird. Then she followed up within that same minute with a reference to "my father".

Then she just kept speechifying and wouldn't shut the fuck up, so the camera moved to Whoopi who mouthed that they'd be back, and the show went to commercial while Meghan was still ranting!

by Anonymousreply 489April 22, 2019 3:22 PM

moogan is an angry drunk...

by Anonymousreply 490April 22, 2019 3:22 PM

But....but...she has THREE fans in the audience!!

by Anonymousreply 491April 22, 2019 3:23 PM

.. Big eye roll from Joy, during moog's rants...

by Anonymousreply 492April 22, 2019 3:23 PM

The Princess of Arizona (hereinafter referred to as TPoA) said Joy's opinion was "irrational".

by Anonymousreply 493April 22, 2019 3:24 PM

They're showing the SNL clip now!!!

by Anonymousreply 494April 22, 2019 3:24 PM

Good clip from SNL! Yea.. Whoopi needs a water gun... lol!

by Anonymousreply 495April 22, 2019 3:25 PM

ABC must do surveys. Meghan is unlikeable. I just cannot warm up to that bitch. I liked Nicolle Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 496April 22, 2019 3:34 PM

Every time this Mike Lee speaks, I want to throw something at the television.

by Anonymousreply 497April 22, 2019 3:43 PM

What a big dope.

by Anonymousreply 498April 22, 2019 3:47 PM

I’m disappointed that they didn’t get a chance to chat about “the deep state” with that combover in the cheap suit.

by Anonymousreply 499April 22, 2019 3:50 PM

The book said they do tons of research on which cohosts the audience like & by how much (Elizabeth ranked the lowest, and Barbara was pretty low in her last years). They know how McCain is viewed. I highly doubt it is high.

The other thing is that Whoopi and Rosie both wanted McCain on during their season together. ABC chose Nicole Wallace instead. SE Cupp interviewed and did a "chemistry test" and Rosie just blurted out "no - I can't have another Elizabeth" in the middle of it. Then Rosie saw her backstage and said something nicer to her and asked what kind of job she had done before and SE said "I work for CNN." Rosie replied "So you don't need this job?" and after SE said no, Rosie just walked away from her. At least that's how SE tells the story to the author. The last piece doesn't make that much sense since Meghan definitely doesn't need the job. and they wanted her, but that's how the story goes in the book.

by Anonymousreply 500April 22, 2019 3:56 PM

R500, I just read that part of the book yesterday. The show ultimately wants ratings. Therefore, even if the viewers hate Meghan, the network will keep her on because of the ratings buzz she generates. Remember the show and network was willing to bring back Rosie even though most of the crew despised and feared her.

by Anonymousreply 501April 22, 2019 4:03 PM

That is true. 30% of the audience left with Elizabeth, they learned after the fact, so I think perhaps they're afraid of something similar happening with McCain.... even if she rates low, like Elizabeth did.

Another thing I got out of the book is just how clueless the producers are & what a mess it is with all these people they keep hiring behind the scenes. & infighting with people at GMA who wanted the View to be an "extra hour" at one point. I couldn't' even follow all of the names of these people, but wow was it disorganized. For example, they decided the show was "too political" and simultaneously fired Joy (rated highly) and Elizabeth (rated low) along with Bill and some others - and then tanked the show to its lowest year ever (the Jenny / Sherri year) trying to chase ratings based on some misguided attempt...with inexperienced producers (as much as people hate Bill, he kept the thing running). The last 50 pages are a mess of trial and error with everyone from Paula to Raven Symone to Candace Cameron on camera & a bunch of people coming & going off camera. It's amazing the show still exists. They actually thank Trump for it, and they're probably right to an extent. It's daily fodder, with no end.

by Anonymousreply 502April 22, 2019 4:14 PM

It's one thing to be impersonated on SNL by a man in drag (slightly weird but...ok...) but it's something else entirely when they cast "the fat girl" to impersonate you.

Aidy Bryant is lovely and talented and blah blah blah but she's still the fat girl who was chosen by SNL to portray Meghan. That has to hurt.

by Anonymousreply 503April 22, 2019 4:31 PM

There was a time when the show was just fun and didn’t need all the conflict. An occasional tiff can get publicity and maybe get a temporary boost in rating but these chronic Meghan tantrums are just exhausting. Who wants to watch this entitled rich bitch act like a toddler every morning.

by Anonymousreply 504April 22, 2019 4:46 PM

R504, that's when the funny, classy, sophisticated Meredith was the host.

The book mentioned that Whoopi's main competition for the role of moderator was Gayle King. She would have been great for the show. She's so funny, she has a lot of energy, and she recently proved (during her R Kelly interview) that she can stay calm under pressure. The producers thought that Gayle's buddy Oprah would try to step in and change the show (like Rosie had constantly tried to do), and they didn't want to deal with another control freak. Whoopi scored higher ratings with test audiences, and she did everything the producers asked her to. So they chose Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 505April 22, 2019 5:06 PM

Meghan was being a cunt again. “If you don’t mind - I’d like to hear what senator Lee has to say” and sunny is laughing audibly in the background when the camera is off her. I can’t even imagine the face joy made - after her earlier mega eye roll when thanked her fan in the audience. I can’t believe they’re right back to the same shit the first day after vacation. Well Meghan reallly. Couldn’t she calm down after a week off?

by Anonymousreply 506April 22, 2019 5:42 PM

moogan must have a huge hangover, from her drinking spree last week. She's in a bad mood.. but then, when is she not?

by Anonymousreply 507April 22, 2019 5:46 PM

Wow, back when Gayle was just "Oprah's friend" I was as skeptical of her as much as anyone but on CBS Morning, she's really proven herself to be a talent at this stuff. She'd be excellent on The View but of course now she's probably too expensive and wouldn't want to be one of five.

by Anonymousreply 508April 22, 2019 5:57 PM

I can’t believe SNL had Leslie Jones playing Whoopi instead of Kenan.

by Anonymousreply 509April 22, 2019 6:01 PM

I miss when Whoopi would go on her pro-smoking rants. She'd often openly talk about going home, watching tv with a big bag of Doritos, weed and cigarettes. Barbara even seemed to get a kick out of it. Whoopi and Joy would spar about the smoking ban and smoking in apartments. All traces of it seem to have been wiped from YouTube. In one clip she went on a long tangent and wrapped it up with "I'm gonna smoke my cigarette, because we're all New Yorkers." WTF? It was so entertaining. Meghan has mentioned that her house has a cigar room for people "who still have vices". I'm sure it's her blunt room. When Joy was still living in the Astor Court she complained about her neighbor's smoking and Whoopi sent the neighbor a very high end air purifier. Whoopi was like "I use it at my house and it doesn't smell like smoke does it?" Kiss-ass Elizabeth was like "Oh no Whoopi, your house doesn't smell like smoke." Whoopi was clear on the show that she moved to her house in NJ because she thought they might ban smoking in apartments next. I guess there are more pressing issues in the world at the moment and Whoopi is still getting over pneumonia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510April 22, 2019 6:06 PM

R500, wasn't it S. E. Cupp, whom in one of the chemistry tests, they started arguing about abortion, and then Rosie asked S.E point-blank if she had ever had an abortion. S. E. asked why it would matter, and Rosie said: you're going to have to talk about your personal life if you're going to be on this show.

by Anonymousreply 511April 22, 2019 6:23 PM

Yep. Better memory than me r511. (And I just read it. Yikes...). SE’s conclusion was basically “fuck This asylum”. I wonder why she didn’t talk Meghan out of it since they’re such good friends. Maybe it was Rosie who bothered her the most though & she was long gone.

by Anonymousreply 512April 22, 2019 6:33 PM

The funniest thing SE said was when Ro blurted out “I can’t have another Elizabeth” - she didn’t know If that was part of the debate and if she should’ve debated that too. I couldn’t figure out if that was filmed in front of actual people or purely done for the producers. They had sooo many guest hosts during that era who were basically auditioning.

by Anonymousreply 513April 22, 2019 6:36 PM

Whoopi sounded horrible and left after Hot Topics. She needs to stay home until she's totally recovered. I developed pneumonia after being in the hospital for a week. By coming into work she is prolonging what's already a difficult recovery.

They are back 1 day & Meghan rudely pushed back at Joy. Joy was moderating the senator's segment. I'd have given a month's salary if Joy had whipped out a water bottle & sprayed the fuck out of Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 514April 22, 2019 8:25 PM

I got the pics. This sucks... and is right in line with the negative reviews about these disposable cameras that say how the pics all come back dark & grainy . I figured with the brightest possible lighting in the TV studio.... that would not happen, but it did.

I didn't expect them to be great - but this is ridiculous. They allow digital cameras (with no flash - during commercials only) but I haven't seen my digital camera in years so I figured this was fine. Nope!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515April 22, 2019 8:51 PM

Whoopi wants to give you a View mug for your efforts, R515.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516April 22, 2019 9:13 PM

lol thanks

by Anonymousreply 517April 22, 2019 9:16 PM

A for effort, r515! 🏅

by Anonymousreply 518April 22, 2019 9:17 PM

Bummer R515 Great effort though.

by Anonymousreply 519April 22, 2019 9:29 PM

Maybe that was just MooMoo blocking out all the light?

by Anonymousreply 520April 22, 2019 9:32 PM

WHen Abby did her usual “what did the Dems do with Russian interference”, I thought Sunny and Joy were going to explode.

God bless Sunny for staying calm and saying “he imposed sanctions”, like Abby was in the leg-up class. I would have pulled all her hair out.

Those two have to go. Or else they have to do something about Republicunt talking points. The whole audience hates McGunt and Abby and their daily pack of lies and excuses.

by Anonymousreply 521April 22, 2019 11:37 PM

Makes the set look like an old speakeasy 515!

The segment about the SNL sketch was just weird. They played the clip and then totally ignored the elephant in the skit. I kept expecting Meghan to extend an olive branch and use it to sort of apologize or admit that sometimes she goes too far but nope she’s laughing like a hyena, Joy is ‘so what who cares’ about the thing and Whoopi is taking it terribly seriously and goes on a rant about what I’m not sure, I’ll have to rewatch later. She did get a little dig at Meghan when Megs said she found it funny and Whoopi deadpanned “we know” but wouldn’t laugh along.

Whoopi sounded terrible. She’s been sick for nearly 3 months now.

by Anonymousreply 522April 22, 2019 11:46 PM

Sunny comparing what dump did to someone plotting to commit murder was like apples to oranges. She should know better.

by Anonymousreply 523April 23, 2019 12:21 AM

I really thought that today would be the day that Mooghan would walk off the show. And we’d all be better for it.

by Anonymousreply 524April 23, 2019 1:16 AM

R522

Whoopi needs to keep her ass at home til she recovers. The week before they went on hiatus she had to be readmitted to the hospital.

As I said before I had pneumonia & I have never been so sick & I was a good 25 years younger than Whoopi. Walking from my chair/bed to the john was like I had run a marathon. I was off work 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 525April 23, 2019 1:20 AM

Whoopi should stay home for good.

by Anonymousreply 526April 23, 2019 1:32 AM

Whoopi constantly sick and sitting next to a pregnant lady. What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 527April 23, 2019 1:41 AM

Amen R526.

by Anonymousreply 528April 23, 2019 1:54 AM

Meg just couldn't wait 2 minutes in and she is acting like as ASS!

I did not watch Mike Lee's interview. Republicans do not get to steal my time. All they do is lie and spin lies.

Abby starting her "bothsiderism" again. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 529April 23, 2019 3:14 AM

I would've said no thanks if they'd offered me one of Lee's book.

by Anonymousreply 530April 23, 2019 3:17 AM

Will the Africa announcement be part of Gayle King's special?

by Anonymousreply 531April 23, 2019 3:25 AM

Sorry about the post above. I saw the word "Meg" and "ASS" above, and I become confused and thought I was in the BRF thread.

by Anonymousreply 532April 23, 2019 3:27 AM

r523, it was apples to apples. Conspiring to commit murder is just as much a crime as murder.

Boris, you do not understand the American Rule of Law.

by Anonymousreply 533April 23, 2019 3:48 AM

Abby and Meghan came back from a week’s vacation sounding like Trump voters.

Fuck them both.

by Anonymousreply 534April 23, 2019 7:55 AM

Just watching clips from the episode now and already laughing at Abby going for her gotcha moment.

"What was OBAMA doing, during the 2016 campaign, to stop the Russians?"

Sunny: "He imposed sanctions."

Whoopi: "... yeah."

by Anonymousreply 535April 23, 2019 9:31 AM

[quote]Rosie IS a loser. One of the only things Trump has been correct about.

He also called her, an out gay, "a degenerate" on David Letterman. Guess that makes him right about you too, right?

by Anonymousreply 536April 23, 2019 9:53 AM

My god Mooghan is a miserable person. Just nasty.

by Anonymousreply 537April 23, 2019 3:11 PM

TPoA does modulate her nasty attitude when she is disagreeing with Whoopi and makes sure to say "I'm not trying to be disrespectful..." to Whoopi...

Also, although stated here many times before it still bears repeating -- The Wardrobe Dept hates her.

by Anonymousreply 538April 23, 2019 3:12 PM

My God! I work, so I rarely get to watch this show, but today I’m home. Blonde Fatty looks like she’s gained 20 lbs since I last watched. What is she doing to herself? Eating her feelings??!!

(She’s still a nasty cunt BTW.)

by Anonymousreply 539April 23, 2019 3:15 PM

So happy to hear Whoopi constantly saying to Meeghan "No! You keep changing the topic!" which The Princess does on practically EVERY topic. Just once though, I'd love to see Whoopi or one of the producers threaten to turn off Meeshan's mic.

by Anonymousreply 540April 23, 2019 3:15 PM

Another day, another Meghan meltdown....

by Anonymousreply 541April 23, 2019 3:36 PM

When MM knows the Repugs are wrong and she can't defend them with logic, she blows up the topic. Her meltdowns are on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 542April 23, 2019 3:42 PM

and her meltdowns make the front page of nypost.com and yahoo.com each time they happen which makes ABC and TPTB happy for the buzz about the show ....thus they will keep her and we are stuck with her...UGH.

by Anonymousreply 543April 23, 2019 3:47 PM

We're not stuck with her. We can choose not to watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 544April 23, 2019 3:48 PM

I gave it up over a year ago and just come hear every so often to catch up, r544.

by Anonymousreply 545April 23, 2019 3:55 PM

During one of the breaks there was a commercial for some online plus size ladies’ clothing company. Can’t help but think it’s because of Meggy.

by Anonymousreply 546April 23, 2019 4:00 PM

Only hope for reprieve is for her to be given her own show. ABC will think they can lure over the Fox News deplorables to watch her show but what will actually happen is her abrasive personality will crash and burn quickly like Megyn Kelly did but at least we will be rid of her. Sorry can't come back to The View, your chair has been filled.

by Anonymousreply 547April 23, 2019 4:02 PM

Meghan McCain Sends ‘The View’ Into Chaos: “Why Is Your Mouth Open Like That?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548April 23, 2019 4:07 PM

The clip shows how similar Megan and Elizabeth are. Both are screechy and overly emotional and irrational and resort to yelling and baseless accusations when they are challenged.

"You may think that terrorism is funny but I do not!" Is something Elizabeth would say.

by Anonymousreply 549April 23, 2019 4:37 PM

God help me but I thought Abby came out better there of the two Moron Twins. No screeching, no huffing and puffing. Mooghan is a disgrace, and it seems like Joy and Sunny have given up on debating her, they were both unusually quiet when Whoopi was ripping her a new one.

by Anonymousreply 550April 23, 2019 4:44 PM

According to the book, the network wanted to spin off Rosie to her own show, which would be the ROD show version 2.0., to fill the gap that would be left by retiring Oprah. But it didn't work out.

I wonder if Meghan gets along with the crew. Are the tantrums onstage only? Or does she go backstage and berate and threaten people like Rosie did?

by Anonymousreply 551April 23, 2019 4:51 PM

The View -- Thread 18

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552April 23, 2019 5:18 PM

I burst out laughing when Meghan loudly exclaimed “Abby and I have brothers in the military!!!” and Abby just fixed her with a look of consternation. She may be dumb but she knew enough to be confused as to where Meghan was going with that and how it was relevant to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 553April 23, 2019 5:37 PM

Whoopi explains the prison voting issue and asks for feedback and each lady responds to what Sanders said yet the first thing out of Megan’s mouth when they get to her is “I woke up at 5:30 this morning...”

Me me me me me! Absolutely EVERYTHING is about her.

by Anonymousreply 554April 23, 2019 5:43 PM

I think MM reacts emotionally and not logically.

That creates the tension, then she feels defensive because the others (in her eyes) are ganging up on her.

Then she loses all ability to be rational and discuss the topic without 'winning', even if that means going off topic.

by Anonymousreply 555April 23, 2019 6:00 PM

This, once again, showed she cannot respond to a topic like a normal person. I don't think terrorists should be voting from jail, either. If you read the CNN Town Hall thread last night - it seemed like most DLers disagreed with Sanders or didn't even really remark on it for now. Some criticized Harris for her "let's have a conversation about it" line that she repeated. And DL can get extremely cunty & out of control on political issues. (I didn't post in that thread anyway but that was my opinion). She lost her fucking mind - just like she did about some obscure abortion issue that came up, when Sunny clearly explained it just was to make it easier for doctors to decide where the baby should go (the baby that "survived" the abortion).

by Anonymousreply 556April 23, 2019 6:03 PM

Ut appears that Moogan's FIL has his legal tits in a wringer.

So THAT is who she means when she says she has relatives working in the WH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557April 23, 2019 7:51 PM

Even Abby rolled her eyes at Meghan in the 'people in prison should not vote' segment, when she started yelling at her and Whoopi for laughing (even though they were clearly laughing at something else). How could you possibly stay friends with someone like that? You would constantly be walking on eggshells.

by Anonymousreply 558April 23, 2019 8:09 PM

Meghan worked herself up to near tears over such garbage. Her ears turned bright red.. She's unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 559April 23, 2019 8:17 PM

Using the Boston Bomber as the sole example of a prisoner who might get the ability to vote while in jail is such a Fox News "gotcha" stunt and yet Megan--former employee of Fox News--is the one who fell for it. Incredible.

Is it the anniversary of her father's death? Is it the anniversary of his birth or the day he kissed her goodnight when she was seven or the day he took her to the mall to buy a prom dress? She seemed particularly on edge this morning and by bursting into tears at such a non-issue, it's clear that she has other things on her mind.

by Anonymousreply 560April 23, 2019 8:24 PM

I tweeted to her today and asked if her mother was convicted for stealing from a charity and drugs, would she still say she should never be allowed to vote for the rest of her days. I attached the article about what Cindy did.

by Anonymousreply 561April 23, 2019 8:28 PM

As Meghan Shouted for a Republican add against Bernie,I hope Republicans do it and it tosses Bernie out of the race early.

by Anonymousreply 562April 23, 2019 8:37 PM

It's called Theater of the Absurd and MM is the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 563April 23, 2019 8:41 PM

Oh why did I start a 2nd thread already? I can't read / count. sorry

r552 (my time will come eventually)

by Anonymousreply 564April 23, 2019 9:04 PM

552, just repost it @ 580.

NBD

by Anonymousreply 565April 23, 2019 9:06 PM

Surely this can’t continue for the rest of this season? And presumably next, since I’m assuming Mooghan will be around a while, if only for the headlines. Whoopi, Joy and Sunny should stage a walkout to get Princess fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566April 23, 2019 9:34 PM

I come here to see if I want to watch the show for the day. The answer today is nope. I do not want to see a Meg meltdown again. How tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 567April 23, 2019 11:09 PM

No you don't R567. Meghan is the only thing keeping the show and these threads alive. Time to connect the dots.

by Anonymousreply 568April 24, 2019 12:05 AM

R568 You always use that line and it never lands. Go sniff and lick her smelly, feces covered pussy. PS- she doesn't wipe very well and wipes back to front.

by Anonymousreply 569April 24, 2019 12:59 AM

I've never used that "line" cookie.

There is ONE delusional shut in on these threads who is fueled by hate for Megan. But he doesn't really want anything to change, because he has nothing more to do but call her McGunt and CUNT and comment on her size daily. Even on the weekends and when she's on vacay! He's a sad person.

There are other posters and most humans who can't stand Megan and they have some insightful things to say. Everyone can see who she is and most intelligent people understand why she is on The View. She's interesting for a few minutes to categorize and criticize but kind of amusing otherwise. The View loves discord and bad tempered, stupid co-hosts. For the longest time now. They weren't all republicans and some others were fatter.

Still this one poster, who has more than one device to answer and support his own agenda - derives some perverse pleasure & purpose in life by stating the same things over and over, day after day. About Meghan McCain. There's irony in that. Good luck to you R569. Your constant scatalogical comments are the hallmark of a trouble mind. Peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570April 24, 2019 1:17 AM

Raven-Simone is on “Blackish” and she may beat McGunt in the big girl sweepstakes

by Anonymousreply 571April 24, 2019 1:25 AM

I find McCain neither amusing nor enjoyable. She is unprofessional in many different ways. She said today as she has said before that women used to have to be agreeable and unargumentative and pleasant and now they don’t, and that is fine to an extent, but what it comes down to with her is narcissism and a lack of respect for others. It’s not that she has differing opinions and stands up for them; that has always been the premise of the show. It’s that she dominates conversations, talks over others and screams at others when they talk over her. She takes up all the air and then complains that she has something to say and never has the time. She complains that she show is biased against her and she is adrift in her political opinions, which is not strictly true. She name drops constantly and of course invokes her McCain pedigree practically daily. Every comment she makes is about herself. Today, the episode opened with a clip and discussion about Bernie Sanders and it rapidly degraded into Meghan McCain screaming her personal beliefs about domestic terrorists while the other women tried to tell her that’s off topic of whether prisoners should be allowed to vote. And she went on because she picked a fight and was determined to get all the women to say that terrorists should be executed, damnit. She is not qualified to do the job she has. She has no self-control—not because she is a Republican, not because she is a woman, not because she is an alcoholic, but because she just is not capable of doing the job she is charged with doing, which involves listening, not hosting the McCain Manifesto Hour.

by Anonymousreply 572April 24, 2019 1:30 AM

She reprimands the panel, especially Joy... "Let me finish!". Then when the others speak, she jumps in and interrupts, not giving them a chance to speak. I hate that!

by Anonymousreply 573April 24, 2019 2:55 AM

Today's episode was so frustrating. When Whoopi said that someone who's paid their dues should have their rights restored, Meghan overdid it with the fake outrage. The look on her face resembled that of a horrible soap opera actress acting out a scene where she's just learned of her spouse's death.

by Anonymousreply 574April 24, 2019 3:01 AM

She looked embarrassing today. She was almost literally out of control. She was at the point of emotional break down it looked like. But that is a typical conservative for you- they are the over-emotional ones who wed themselves so some notion so tightly they cannot see the forest for the trees. They're irrational.

by Anonymousreply 575April 24, 2019 3:08 AM

Meghan found out today that even Whoopi will go after her.

It was glorious.

by Anonymousreply 576April 24, 2019 3:17 AM

Whoopi is the most corrupt human being on your daily color TV. She needed a "lawyer" to get her out of that Cosby dilemma. She has promoted the KKK and blackface. Never mind her defense of dog killers, wife beaters, corporal punishment, Michael Jackson, Mel Gibson, Polanski and rape, RAPE.

by Anonymousreply 577April 24, 2019 3:25 AM

Megan needs to book a stay at whichever loony bin is housing Britney Spears

by Anonymousreply 578April 24, 2019 3:26 AM

R577, don't forget about that time she tried to convince Rosie O'Donnell that racism isn't a problem in America.

by Anonymousreply 579April 24, 2019 3:45 AM

I just watched the clip and it seems that they were all agreeing that people in prison shouldn't vote. I think any thinking American of any party would agree with that. It just goes to show how looney bernie really is and how he would never win an election. He's more dangerous to Dems than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 580April 24, 2019 4:04 AM

R580, as Sunny pointed out, in Bernie's state, Vermont, people in prison are allowed to vote. So Bernie has had plenty of time to get used to the idea.

by Anonymousreply 581April 24, 2019 4:07 AM

Is Kathy Griffin still persona non grata at The View? If not, they should hire her just to come in on the days following one of TPoA's meltdowns to keep bring up the meltdown to the hosts and to guests like she does here the day after the Rosie/Elisabitch split screen. Hire Kathy to heckle the Princess.

Full disclosure I borrowed this clip from another forum that was discussing TPoA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582April 24, 2019 4:10 AM

Kathy Griffin will never be on the show.

by Anonymousreply 583April 24, 2019 4:12 AM

I would kill to see Kathy Griffin as a guest host when Mooghan is there. Joy looks exhausted, Sunny looks perma-pissed off, Abby looks like a scared rabbit and Whoopi is so sick she doesn’t care anymore. Mooghan has literally destroyed the people she’s around. She’s like a black hole. Good luck to her Mexican Nazi husband, who I’m sure will end up in an emergency room one day with stab wounds.

by Anonymousreply 584April 24, 2019 4:12 AM

I believe Kathy Griffin has been back to The View several times since then.

by Anonymousreply 585April 24, 2019 4:15 AM

Her husband is Puerto Rican, not Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 586April 24, 2019 4:18 AM

R582, LOL at 2:06 to 2:20

by Anonymousreply 587April 24, 2019 4:25 AM

MeAgain is a shrieking harpy with no actual value to the show anymore even as a trainwreck she has just become too annoying to tolerate.

by Anonymousreply 588April 24, 2019 5:07 AM

The noose is apparently tightening around Megan's Father in Law, Doug Domenech. He is under investigation for ethics violations and could go down, down, down. That can't be fun for Megan and Ben to endure. Will she start to refer to news stories about her corrupt FIL "fake news"?

by Anonymousreply 589April 24, 2019 2:56 PM

Executive time starts now.

by Anonymousreply 590April 24, 2019 3:01 PM

No Princess today, Yay!

by Anonymousreply 591April 24, 2019 3:02 PM

Meghan got a timeout today.

by Anonymousreply 592April 24, 2019 3:02 PM

She's pouting in her corner.. relief!

by Anonymousreply 593April 24, 2019 3:04 PM

You can clearly see how Meghan sucks the life out of the room. Without her, the atmosphere is so much more pleasant and they can still have a mature discussion. She causes so much tension.

by Anonymousreply 594April 24, 2019 3:07 PM

ITA r594, people taking turns speaking and no one interrupting or talking over anyone, what a novel idea.

by Anonymousreply 595April 24, 2019 3:09 PM

Thread 18

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596April 24, 2019 3:11 PM

This thread is near dead

by Anonymousreply 597April 24, 2019 3:12 PM

Is this thread dead?

by Anonymousreply 598April 24, 2019 3:12 PM

I haven't yelled at the TV.. so much better.. lol.

by Anonymousreply 599April 24, 2019 3:12 PM

Thread? Dead!

by Anonymousreply 600April 24, 2019 3:13 PM

There is a thread 18

by Anonymousreply 601April 24, 2019 3:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!