Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View -- Thread 18

I'm Not Finished

by Anonymousreply 601May 16, 2019 3:13 PM

Previous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 5:19 PM

My Dad!!!

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 7:21 PM

Thank you to my one fan in the audience. Thank you for clapping.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 7:40 PM

R3 Yet, Moogan hates it when her co-hosts get thunderous applause for the points they make on the panel.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2019 3:53 AM

Because she’s crazy and a drunk. R4. She is simply not sane anymore, either that or she’s drinking on the job.

She’s melting down on live tv now that she’s out of the fox bubble.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2019 4:14 AM

Hold up. the Gates family used to wash dishes together after dinner or was she talking about the household staff sneaking away? Either way, I have mad respect for the Gates. All business gets dirty at that level, but they have made a ton of positive contributions to society through their Foundation.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2019 4:58 AM

Ooh... the coonunt isn't on today...yay!

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2019 3:02 PM

What a relief.. so much better and more pleasant without her.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2019 3:14 PM

It's nice when the bratty child is put to bed early and the adults can sit around the table and have nice adult UNINTERRUPTED conversation, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2019 3:15 PM

She's just to unprofessional for me.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2019 3:18 PM

There isn’t any tension when she isn’t there. I don’t miss her today.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2019 3:20 PM

Has Kirsten taken voice lessons or something...she sounds less squeaky than I recall.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2019 3:30 PM

Ugh!... that Gillibrand. She can hang it up.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2019 3:36 PM

I'm glad Joy got in her Al Franken piece right to her face. Go Joy.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2019 3:38 PM

All the usual talking points...same shit we've heard for years, from every politician. What eva...

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2019 3:40 PM

Me too R14.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2019 3:40 PM

I think she is like moogan in a way...rambling, and probably prone to defensiveness and shrilling, if pushed.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2019 3:42 PM

Yea and the shiny bleach on top... I have no idea who is voting for her with the crowd we have already.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2019 3:44 PM

Finally got around to watching the voting rights segment. Ugh. At least Whoopi finally had enough of her. What’s interesting is that as the others said these rights are in the constitution and Meghan has previously said she and hubby are so attached to the constitution the only time she’s seen him cry is when he’s reading from it. She was just so emotional and all over the place it was embarrassing to watch.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2019 3:44 PM

Whoopi nearly made Abby's baby slip out and gave Joy a major heart palpitation at 2:33 in this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2019 3:55 PM

Meghan believes in every word of the Constitution, until she doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2019 3:59 PM

So was she suspended for a day or is she really sick?

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2019 4:13 PM

She and her husband are consulting lawyers for when he is arrested.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2019 6:29 PM

R23 for what?

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2019 6:49 PM

Bestiality.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2019 8:21 PM

Disgusting

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2019 8:23 PM

I noticed a major change in Whoopi's disposition today. She was much more relaxed with Meghan 'out sick." She was also joking more and smiling which she hasn't done for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2019 9:12 PM

She was probably st home sick of the exposure Ben's dad gave her.

Never in the history of The View has a panelist been the subject of so much news themselves.

Poor Meggy.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2019 9:21 PM

As a viewer, I can sense how much more relaxed the atmosphere is when Meghan’s not there. It’s very evident.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2019 9:23 PM

True, Meghan takes her acidic cunt with her.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2019 9:26 PM

Hey Sunny, stop embarrassing yourself with the ridiculous reparations question.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2019 9:53 PM

Sunny with the fake nose and nonsense name wants that cash!

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2019 9:59 PM

Has Sunny ever explained exactly what she has in mind by “monetary reparations”? That could ignite some interesting conversations at the table.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2019 10:15 PM

SO, LIKE, EXCUSE ME, NO NO NO I HAVE TO SAY THIS, AS AN ARIZONAN PROUD RED STATER AND SISTER OF MULTIPLE BROTHERS AND A FATHER WHO PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE IN SERVICE OF THIS COUNTRY, WHICH IS THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD NO MATTER WHAT AOC MIGHT TRY TO SAY FROM THE LUXURY OF HER EXTREME LEFT BUBBLE, I HAVE TO SA....... WHAT?? OH IM SORRY I'M NOT SUCCINCT ENOUGH FOR ELITISTS LIKE YOU, THIS IS WHY THE NEEDLE HAS. NOT. MOVED. YOU ARE DOOMED TO RELIVE YOUR FAILURES IM SORRY. WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT IT IS RACIST ITSELF TO SUGGEST BLACK AMERICANS NEED REPARATIONS, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING BLACK THAT NEEDS REPAIRING AND I'M SORRY BUT AS A LADY AT THIS TABLE I NEED TO KNOW I AM BEING HEARD!

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2019 10:56 PM

R31 There's nothing embarrassing about sunnys reparations questions. Lots of people have been talking and asking about that very thing. The reparations question wasn't stupid when Jewish people were getting it or even the Japanese for being put in internment camps. And the holocaust didn't even happen in america, so why would america pay jews any type of monetary compensation?

But know one can ever answer these questions though.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2019 11:13 PM

R34: *clap, clap*

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2019 11:25 PM

Maybe, R35, because the reparations went to those who ACTUALLY SUFFERED, not the descendants who have been here for centuries. Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2019 11:36 PM

I’d love to be the one guy who claps for Meghann so that when she finds me in the crowd to thank me, I can flip her the bird.

by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2019 1:11 AM

Jesus, I would've never learned my ABCs if I was a Laotian kid.

by Anonymousreply 39April 25, 2019 1:18 AM

Wrong thread lol

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2019 1:19 AM

R37 is correct, R35. Plus, not every Black person in the USA descended from slaves. Not every White person in the USA owned slaves. Sunny is half Puerto Rican, half Black. Would she be given 50%? Would her two children who are 3/4 PR be given 25%?

Will Sunny be fair and repay the NY taxpayers who subsidized her family's low-income housing in the Bronx where she was raised? Will she agree to pay tuition for a White person's child who had a higher SAT score than Sunny but was bumped because of Affirmative Action wherein Sunny was given their slot at Binghampton and Notre Dame? Will she pay for a White child to attend the private school she attended as a child? I'm pretty sure her family didn't pay for her tuition.

Lastly, will Sunny stop intentionally making false and misleading statements in relation to African Americans in order to push her subversive narrative on The View?

by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2019 2:14 AM

I coming around on Sunny asking the reparations questions. The more people hear it, the more people will be against it. So keep digging that hole, Sunny! Everyone thinks it's a dumb idea but no one wants to say it.

by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2019 2:54 AM

Did any of the ladies bring up the staffer who quit her job in Kirsten's office over the way they handled her sexual harassment complaint?

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2019 3:00 AM

No, R43.

by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2019 3:18 AM

Meghan was just hiding from everyone today because of the ethics investigation into her FIL.

Grrrrrl, you married down!

by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2019 3:19 AM

meghan is so unprofessional and has no level of decorum. ABC needs to fire here.

by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2019 5:53 AM

I hope Whoopi just loses it one day and tells Migraine just what a useless bag of venom and rich privilege she truly is.

by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2019 6:21 AM

The other day one of the topics was something about whether or not it was okay to have received information from Russia during the campaign. Meghan made up her own question about the subject that the panel ended up defending their position on. Meghan never gave her stance on the original topic and the panel didn't call her out on it. Honestly, they're quite clueless about the number of times she does and doesn't give her stance when it looks like she can't defend the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2019 6:41 AM

When Migraine went on and on about the fall of Bernie Sanders and the fall of the Democratic Party because people were DEBATING the "unalienablility" of the right to vote, I paused the video and made a pot of Coco's Tension Tamer tea.

What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2019 2:00 PM

I still think Meghan's FIL should be able to vote once he goes to prison.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2019 2:16 PM

Will TPoA's nazi husband still have time to write her talking points AND attend to his father's scandal... Maybe Cindy can recommend Domenech Sr. a good lawyer being she is no stranger to breaking the law.

by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2019 2:40 PM

Today's topics - Biden's entry into the 2020 Presidential race (lots of anecdotes from Mee!ghan and her dead father and Joe), Trump's tweet this morning about Biden ("Sleepy Joe"), Kellyanne Conway's husband's response to Trump. Maybe discuss Tom Arnold's taping of Michael Cohen where Cohen walked back on his guilty plea. Anything else happen?

by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2019 2:43 PM

As a homo I want reparations too for all the prior mistreatment.

by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2019 2:49 PM

It's like early Christmas, no princess again!

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2019 3:01 PM

Did they explain her absence?

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2019 3:02 PM

Sunny's daughter with Sunny's original nose is on the show today.

by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2019 3:02 PM

Ahhhh... another day without the beast. This will spoil me.. lol.

by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2019 3:04 PM

Whoopi didn't even bother to explain where snake eyes is.

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2019 3:07 PM

r55, yesterday Whoopi was well into the show before someone said something into her earphone, and then Whoopi said, "Oh, yeah. Meghan is out sick". She had forgotten all about her, or was ignoring her absence. I think there must have been a big fight after the show yesterday and now Whoopi is over Meghan as well.

by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2019 3:08 PM

That's why Meghan seemed so hurt the other day...her beloved Whoopi was finally giving her what she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 60April 25, 2019 3:10 PM

Hmmm... could it be that she may be on the way out? Can only hope!

by Anonymousreply 61April 25, 2019 3:10 PM

moogs needs Whoopi on her side. Without her, that will be the finale for her. Probably Whoopi is a big reason why she is still there, feeling some sort of loyalty towards daddy McCain.

by Anonymousreply 62April 25, 2019 3:13 PM

Maybe the producers and network bigwigs ordered her to take a few days off and get some counseling. Hope she doesn't use the time to try drinking away her problems; that's not constructive, and it doesn't work in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 63April 25, 2019 3:15 PM

Whoopi will have a breaking point like she did with Jed. She’s old and grouchy, and Meghan’s shrill, grating pigheadedness will get to her, even despite dear old daddy’s legacy.

by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2019 3:15 PM

Where's McDad, is she still celebrating Easter? Is she really sick?

It's been so nice and civil since she hasn't been around flapping those thin lips of hers!

"blah, blah, My Father, blah, blah, I know WHY the working class voted for Trump!, blah, blah, blah...MY MILITARY FAMILY...blah, blah, blah".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 25, 2019 3:18 PM

So "the booth" isn't even going to prompt Whoopi to explain where John McCain's daughter is...lol.

by Anonymousreply 66April 25, 2019 3:19 PM

Sonny’s kids are as ugly as her original face, and NO MEGAN!!!! Yay!!!

by Anonymousreply 67April 25, 2019 3:20 PM

I like Abby. Yeah.. she's a little milquetoast, but she's a pleasure to watch.. and she gets along with the others easily. She's relaxed.

by Anonymousreply 68April 25, 2019 3:20 PM

I mentioned this upthread but since she's out 2 days in a row, I'm now convinced that her hysterical reaction to the prisoner voting issue was in fact about something else going on with her. Maybe she's resting comfortably in the loving arms of anti-anxiety meds thanks to her FIL issues.

by Anonymousreply 69April 25, 2019 3:22 PM

SNL didn’t spoof Sonny because she sucks. And she is CONSTANTLY playing the race card. Oh and that fake nose and hair.....you’re 50!!

by Anonymousreply 70April 25, 2019 3:22 PM

Abby’s a “place setter” but forgettable. I actually kinda like Ana and I Hope fat asshole Megan has checked into a mental health facility like Britney.

by Anonymousreply 71April 25, 2019 3:24 PM

Did not need to hear the toilet paper story Abby, tmi.

by Anonymousreply 72April 25, 2019 3:27 PM

R72 - true....but Whoopi’s reaction was perfect!

by Anonymousreply 73April 25, 2019 3:30 PM

I'll never forgive Oprah for inflicting "Dr." Phil (and his wife and spawn) on us, NEVER.

by Anonymousreply 74April 25, 2019 3:32 PM

It is AMAZING how different this show is without her! So much lighter and fun. Megan really is a dark cloud.

by Anonymousreply 75April 25, 2019 3:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 25, 2019 3:35 PM

Reparations ain’t happening. Even Obama ignored it because it wasn’t going to ever see the light of day in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2019 3:38 PM

Above all, doctors are to "do no harm". Dr. Phil harms. There is no room for discussion.

by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2019 3:42 PM

Reparations for HOMOS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 79April 25, 2019 3:42 PM

Huh? moogan is on this segment.. must be taped.

by Anonymousreply 80April 25, 2019 3:47 PM

I bet she'll be back tomorrow for Biden, to cry and carry on and make it all about her and her pain and how torn she now is with Joe in the race.

The Pitbull interview must have been taped before her latest tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 81April 25, 2019 3:48 PM

Pit Bull segment^^

by Anonymousreply 82April 25, 2019 3:48 PM

Pitbull segment was scheduled for Friday but I guess they bumped it up so Joe can have the whole hour tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 83April 25, 2019 3:48 PM

Arthur tried to give reparations to Deacon until he found out his family were not slave owners and he took them back!

by Anonymousreply 84April 25, 2019 3:49 PM

Uhhhh the fat bitch Megan is back.....makes me realize how much better the show is without her.

by Anonymousreply 85April 25, 2019 3:49 PM

If Migraine is on a segment you can match her clothes to a specific date of taping. Hasen't shown on the West Coast yet.

by Anonymousreply 86April 25, 2019 3:50 PM

Ooh... aaah haaa...

by Anonymousreply 87April 25, 2019 3:50 PM

Blacks don’t deserve reparations because they had Obama. Until homos get a president, we are the most oppressed and need reparations.

by Anonymousreply 88April 25, 2019 3:50 PM

This person who calls himself “Pitbull” is so incredibly cheesy, corny, and cringey. Megan can’t get enough of him.

by Anonymousreply 89April 25, 2019 3:50 PM

Pit bull is trash. That’s why Whoopi wouldn’t sit with him.

by Anonymousreply 90April 25, 2019 3:55 PM

Yeah so Whoopi announced her babe is "out sick" at 11:58, lol, we figured that out Whoopi as evidenced by the light and hostile free tone of the show. We also figured out that the Pitbull segment was pretaped.

by Anonymousreply 91April 25, 2019 4:02 PM

Ooooh.. I thought megs was on standby...waiting in the wings for that segment. Thanks Whoopi, for explaining.

by Anonymousreply 92April 25, 2019 4:06 PM

I wonder if the producers are noticing how calm things have been since The Unhinged One hasn't been around. Yet I'm figuring, McGut is still there because her meltdowns are wonderful for ratings.

I have a feeling, after this year's contract is up, they'll sign her on for yet another year or aural torture! Unless, Whoopi, Joy and Sunny all decide to exit!

Can you imagine The Unhinged One as the moderator. Her voice makes my ears bleed.

by Anonymousreply 93April 25, 2019 4:37 PM

When is Toilet Paper Stuck in my Sweatpants Abby (hereinafter referred to as TPSimSA) going on maternity leave? They need to systematically eliminate all of McScreecher's allies (seems like Whoopi is possibly starting to lean away) and leave her to flounder. Get Ana in there each and every day to intimidate her just with her very presence.

by Anonymousreply 94April 25, 2019 4:52 PM

Long time View watcher here and I shit you not, they used to have their own printed The View toilet paper, with their faces from the coffee mugs on it. Google images is of no help.

by Anonymousreply 95April 25, 2019 5:18 PM

I don't think Whoopi is on her side anymore. Earlier this week she let her rant and rave about something. She practically whispered to the camera that they had to go to break. Normally she interrupts her to make the announcement for commercials. She didn't even bother this time. I think she's sick of her.

by Anonymousreply 96April 25, 2019 5:48 PM

It was when Meghan said "I wish Whoopi were here", to Joy ,in the middle of getting called out on her BS. Whoopi hasn't been the same to Meghan since.

by Anonymousreply 97April 25, 2019 5:52 PM

I think McGunt’s been grounded until further notice. Between her shitty behaviour, the barrage of complaints ABC must be receiving about her, her “your job is to listen to me” APPALLING rudeness to Joy and the nail in the coffin fight with Whoopi, she’s out. They’ll do little segments with her here and there, but she’s gone. I bet everyone went to HR en masse and said “her or us”. They’ll bring back Ana and McGunt will fulfill her destiny as a McCain and live in drunken disgrace as the Princess of Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 98April 25, 2019 6:04 PM

Whoopi has always lost her temper with Meghan in certain moments. I'm surprised people are acting like this is the first time she's been fed up. There was one fight at the tail end of last year (one of her last episodes before she got pneumonia), and the clip below from a long time go (skip to 10:00) where Meghan accused her of a 'cheap shot'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 25, 2019 6:09 PM

I don't recall, did Whoopi call her "babe" during the last temper tantrum or not? If the "babe" is gone then maybe Whoopi is getting disgusted too...

by Anonymousreply 100April 25, 2019 6:15 PM

She calls he baby as in baby girl.

It turns my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 101April 25, 2019 7:01 PM

Whoopi and Joy share a case of dementia.

by Anonymousreply 102April 25, 2019 7:04 PM

Yeah.. I like Ana. I wish she was there every day. She doesn't take moogan's shit, and does it in classier, more mature way.. making moogs look worse.

by Anonymousreply 103April 25, 2019 7:12 PM

R99... It looked like moogs was going to burst into tears in that video.

by Anonymousreply 104April 25, 2019 7:38 PM

Fat peoples have emotional problems.

by Anonymousreply 105April 25, 2019 7:44 PM

No one commented on Moogs outright hypocrisy the day Mike Lee was on. After the segment on SNL which showed Adys' Mooghan line about being paid to listen to her, when Mike Lee was on and he got interrupted by Joy, Moogs said "I'd rather hear what you have to say". Joy should have LOUDLY proclaimed, "Well, they pay you to listen to me, too."

by Anonymousreply 106April 25, 2019 8:06 PM

WHY WAS SUNNY YELLING AT PIT BULL TODAY?

IS HE HARD OF HEARING?

by Anonymousreply 107April 25, 2019 11:28 PM

To all of you posting on this thread: Thank you for watching our program. Your reaction to Meghan means that you tune in to the show. Since she gets so many to watch, we will renew her contract yearly Once again, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 108April 25, 2019 11:46 PM

I watch for Joy. Always have.

Side note: My first trip to a bathouse, while walking around discovering all the different areas, I encountered a group of toweled gay men, on black leather sofas, smoking cigarettes watching Joy Behar's old HLN program. I felt like I'd arrived.

TV needs more Joy. Back then, in response to criticism from Joy, Snooki said "Oooooh, I'm Joy, and I own everything in the world." Snooki was under the false impression that because Joy had two hours of TV per day that she was some mogul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 25, 2019 11:57 PM

Bathhouse^^^

by Anonymousreply 110April 26, 2019 12:00 AM

Ana is tweeting she'll be there tomorrow for Joe's interview. I wonder if Whoopi will take her usual Friday off or show up since it's a big interview...they can't all 6 be there that's too many...I want McNasty to stay gone but she won't want to pass up an opportunity to cry and monologue...who will sit it out tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 111April 26, 2019 12:04 AM

Meghan won’t miss an opportunity for Biden to spend the first two minutes of his interview gushing about how much he loved her father. No way.

by Anonymousreply 112April 26, 2019 12:06 AM

Can they conduct the Biden interview from Megan’s fainting couch? Can’t ABC do a satellite hook up or bring the gang to Megan’s bed side?

by Anonymousreply 113April 26, 2019 12:13 AM

Joe is like military-family to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 114April 26, 2019 12:13 AM

I watch for Joy too. Have been tuning in when I can since 2008. I was a homesick freshman, came back to the dorm to my roomate watching The View through a haze of weed. Watched a segment with him, the ladies were fighting about Palin and Joy reminded me so much of my own aunts it was almost spooky and very comforting.

Meghan is just so exhausting. After one of her rants I feel I need to do this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 26, 2019 12:39 AM

I watch for Joy also.

I've been watching from the very beginning and my dream panel would be:

Meredith Viera

Sara Haines

Joy Behar

Sunny Hostin

Ana Navarro

by Anonymousreply 116April 26, 2019 12:46 AM

Whoopi was footloose and fancy-free again today. She was laughing and enjoying herself and the other co-hosts had a nice rapport without Meghan present.

I wonder if Meghan's daily antics are taking their toll on Whoopi and she just doesn't have the energy to deal with Meghan and her depressed immune system at the same time. Maybe the producers are now faced with having to make a decision between Whoopi's well-being or Meghan's antagonistic presence.

by Anonymousreply 117April 26, 2019 1:10 AM

I didn't catch more than an episode or two of "Late Night Joy" a year or so ago. Wendy Williams did a whole segment about going to Joy's old apartment to film and its still available. It was great to see where Joy played all that iPad Scrabble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 26, 2019 3:25 AM

Joy is an addled old woman, a lasting example of a limousine liberal. Even she has lost nerve and begins to doubt her own words. She can't wait to leave for the Hamptons. She's a bit sardonic and no nonsense but she's not overly smart. She has no feeling for any art of expression or music, she doesn't seem to understand abstract concepts and her idea of a good husband is a tired old scarecrow who stays out of her way.

No freshman of 2008 was discovering Joy Behar and staying tuned for more. 30 year old men don't use Ab Fab gifs to demonstrate anything R115. How much lying goes on in this thread?

No one (other than I) on this thread is under 50 and most y'all are at least 75. It is constantly hilarious to read the obsessive posters driven to madness by the republican of the moment continue to watch and comment about this bad, low IQ talk show every damn day! The main poster here continues railing against McCain for half the night too. But that one is mentally ill. He's also most of the posters here. Well, old folk do need a hobby. Joy needs one too. She is in much worse shape than my 92 year old grandmother. A good haircut doesn't make her young. She doesn't even look young.

R109. The bathhouse story is still causing groans of laughter in our living room.

[quote]I felt like I'd arrived.

What game are y'all playing old man? Ruth Madoff living in a haze. Your comments on other threads identify you as someone born long before the advent of television.That bathhouse story, while watching HLN!!! is fucking hilarious. Was your first visit to a bathhouse when you were 70? Leather couches and cigarettes, Joy Behar on HLN.

For sure that's what young men do their first time at a bathhouse, watch Joy Behar laugh at her own jokes on Headline News. By the way what the fuck is a batthouse? Is it 1976? You're confusing and conflating your good time experiences old man. Ruth Madoff is a dumb moniker BTW.

I wish Joy no harm. She's a harmless and toothless old bitch. It IS time for some people to admit they've seen better days though. Get real and stop pretending they have something to publicly contribute.

If you have to lie about your age to state an opinion and think you're fooling anyone....that's SAD. Pursue a higher purpose or take up a hobby.

First time at bathhouse = joy behar was on HLN, everybody was wearing towels, intently watching her from leather couches and smoking cigarettes - interviewing Snooki. lmfao

by Anonymousreply 119April 26, 2019 4:24 AM

Bathhouse^^^

by Anonymousreply 120April 26, 2019 4:28 AM

I'm 30, you don't have to believe me. As a matter of fact I was back there last weekend and there's still smoking thanks to weed being legalized. She wasn't interviewing Snooki. I wish I remembered who she was interviewing, I'd try to find it. And feel free to look back at all my posts and see where I "outed myself" as 70.

by Anonymousreply 121April 26, 2019 4:47 AM

And i wasn't r115 I've never seen AbFab. I'm a Keeping up Appearances guy.

Now, welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome to The View!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 122April 26, 2019 4:54 AM

I watch for Joy too. They desperately need to bring in some young progressive hosts to back her up. Joy looks like she’s on fumes fighting the good fight surrounded by the brain dead Republicunts. Bring in Kathy Griffin or Yvette Nicole Brown. Give the woman someone to guard her blind side ffs. She can’t do it alone. Though it seems like she’s formed a little sorority with Ana and Sunny and ices McMydad out. I hope the bring up Mexican Nazi’s dad’s ethics problem some time soon.

by Anonymousreply 123April 26, 2019 5:21 AM

R123 seems to have a learning disability. For the umpteenth time you bigoted asshole, Meghan's husband and FIL are not Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 124April 26, 2019 5:24 AM

They even had a special intro for Joe today, and the hosts have a boner for him. Clearly we know who ABC is rooting for.

by Anonymousreply 125April 26, 2019 3:03 PM

Pete got a bigger response from the audience when he was on the show than Joe.

by Anonymousreply 126April 26, 2019 3:08 PM

Joe only hugged McNastyJr., quick peck on the cheek for Ana, no hugging anyone , holding both hands of all with respectable physical distance. No hug for Joy.

by Anonymousreply 127April 26, 2019 3:08 PM

It makes me giddy happy how much the Wardrobe Dept hates TPoA.

by Anonymousreply 128April 26, 2019 3:12 PM

I can vote for Biden if it comes to that, but I can't watch an hour long interview with him.

by Anonymousreply 129April 26, 2019 3:16 PM

If we're fighting for the soul of the country, a man who took decades to finally "apologize" to a woman of whom he made a mockery is not the person who'll win that fight.

by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2019 3:17 PM

Joe reads very inauthentic to me. Not Booker inauthentic, but close.

by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2019 3:19 PM

He's not dynamic enough.

by Anonymousreply 132April 26, 2019 3:21 PM

Really against a man who doesn’t even have the word apology in his vocabulary. Joe is many things but inauthentic is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2019 3:21 PM

To me, Joe seems like a good guy... no perfect...yes, he is handsy and had gaffes in the past, but deep down, a basic good guy.

by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2019 3:21 PM

*not perfect^^

by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2019 3:22 PM

So Meghan pushed Joy to end the Hot Topics segment early so they could bring out Joe. And it appears that Meghan's in charge of moderating the Biden segments. And she's really happy about that. I wonder if she demanded to be in charge.

by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2019 3:23 PM

His age is really starting to show when he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 137April 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Joe is very close to the McCains. As much as I hate to admit it, Arizona likely had a hand it getting him to the view for his first on air interview.

by Anonymousreply 138April 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Yes, r137, that's what I meant by not dynamic but maybe dynamic wasn't the right word, don't know how to describe it but it's worrying me...

by Anonymousreply 139April 26, 2019 3:26 PM

If Joe is too old, than Pete is too young.

by Anonymousreply 140April 26, 2019 3:27 PM

I lowkey enjoy dump's little nicknames...

And he was 100% right with Sleepy Joe. Dude needs a nap.

by Anonymousreply 141April 26, 2019 3:29 PM

Ana has yet to say a word.

He's rambling and not vibrant, I'm disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 142April 26, 2019 3:30 PM

No Joey, it IS primarily women who are worried about men being aggressive and inappropriate with them.

by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2019 3:31 PM

He’s definitely not blowing me away, but I’d still blow him! There’s something about him that makes me want to make him squirm!

by Anonymousreply 144April 26, 2019 3:32 PM

Uh oh, he used "if" in his apology, not good.

This whole interview is disjointed and just not flowing well.

by Anonymousreply 145April 26, 2019 3:34 PM

Did they address Franklin Graham’s tweets about Pete Buttigieg? Really disappointing if they don’t.

by Anonymousreply 146April 26, 2019 3:34 PM

As far as these women with their complaints about Joe, I think his response was fine. End of story now..

by Anonymousreply 147April 26, 2019 3:34 PM

R146 yes. Briefly, but they did. It's all about Joe today.

by Anonymousreply 148April 26, 2019 3:36 PM

R146, they spoke about it briefly during hot topics. Ana basically said the comments were ridiculous to make, when Franklin backs adulterous Trump, while Buttigieg is in a monogamous marriage that is within the laws of this country. She got a huge round of applause.

by Anonymousreply 149April 26, 2019 3:36 PM

The View needs to have Ana on the panel permanently. She could make a difference with viewers who are still on the fence about Trump and the Republican Congress.

by Anonymousreply 150April 26, 2019 3:38 PM

uh oh...here’s the Anita Hill moment..

by Anonymousreply 151April 26, 2019 3:39 PM

No, Joe didn't do everything in his power to give Hill a proper shot against Thomas! C'mon Sunny, let him have it!

Lol "the way she was treated" No Joe, THE WAY YOU TREATED HER!

by Anonymousreply 152April 26, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote]If we're fighting for the soul of the country, a man who took decades to finally "apologize" to a woman of whom he made a mockery is not the person who'll win that fight.

Go back and look at the testimony she gave. Daddy's little good girl had her parents behind her when she should have been describing in detail what that abuser Thomas did to her. She was all mealy mouthed and frankly unbelievable. She was an Oprah 50s black girl and not a fierce black woman giving testimony.

And then Senator Biden he described how his big black dick would make my pussy sing, as he unzipped his pants and pulled the head of his cock out, his big black uncut cock, pulled out right next to the Xerox machine., Senator Biden.

Yep, she shares the blame for getting Thomas on the SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 153April 26, 2019 3:44 PM

Sunny is not the one to stay quiet during those segments. Hmm I wonder if she was told to not go after Biden.

by Anonymousreply 154April 26, 2019 3:47 PM

Here comes the "my father" worship session.

by Anonymousreply 155April 26, 2019 3:49 PM

Now back to ME.

by Anonymousreply 156April 26, 2019 3:50 PM

God I hate MM

by Anonymousreply 157April 26, 2019 3:50 PM

Joe has empathy.. truly, deep down. He can touch (not meaning handsy here) people and sympathy with them.

by Anonymousreply 158April 26, 2019 3:54 PM

*sympathize... geez..^^

by Anonymousreply 159April 26, 2019 3:54 PM

Joe is the kind of man you hope your father is. He’s sensitive but strong.

by Anonymousreply 160April 26, 2019 3:56 PM

This is what the election could come down to:

Joe Biden has extraordinary empathy for people who grieve; Donald Trump has zero empathy.

by Anonymousreply 161April 26, 2019 3:57 PM

I agree, r158 to an extent. We've seen today with his responses to the women he made uncomfortable, and Anita Hill that he still doesn't completely "get it" when he does something wrong.

Will he be a great Consoler in Chief? Yes.

Don't agree that he shows overwhelming sympathy all the time though.

by Anonymousreply 162April 26, 2019 3:58 PM

Just caught up. Why does Joe need to apologize beyond what he has already said. He never had bad intentions when touching people so what he said is perfectly valid.

by Anonymousreply 163April 26, 2019 4:00 PM

It wasn't about his intention. He made women feel uncomfortable, and he should apologize. No if, and, or but.

Like Pelosi said, say you're sorry you made them uncomfortable, and move on. He always says "I'm sorry they felt..." "I'm sorry IF...".

by Anonymousreply 164April 26, 2019 4:05 PM

R164, yes, it's intention. If he tweaked their tits then, yes, he'd have a lot of apologizing to do. But he didn't. He's a tactile guy who, as he said, needs to be more aware of personal space and that sometimes his hugs and touching aren't appreciated by a few. He did apologize, but it's not the one you want but it was appropriate for the situation. You metoo people immediately go for the worst with no understanding that not everything rises to the level of Harvey Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 165April 26, 2019 4:13 PM

R164, that's the modern apology. Apologizing without admitting any wrongdoing; putting the blame on the person who was offended. In my memory, it started with Justin Timberlake after he exposed Janet Jackson's breast during the Super Bowl. "If y'all are offended, then I apologize". Not: "Hey, I'm sorry I did that", "but I'm sorry you didn't like it".

by Anonymousreply 166April 26, 2019 4:14 PM

Exactly! R165

by Anonymousreply 167April 26, 2019 4:26 PM

Grabbing pussies.. grabbing breasts.. exposing yourself... raping. Putting your hand on a shoulder...giving a hug...getting too close to someone, maybe invading one's space. All of these examples are put into one bucket... which is, pervert, sexist, rapist.. the worse of the worst. That's what the #Metoo movement has done. They don't take into account of the individual offenses.

by Anonymousreply 168April 26, 2019 4:31 PM

Agree. Why wasn’t Trump pilloried when his alleged offenses were way worse? Instead he gets elected to the highest office. Unsolicited hugs is not the hill to die on is instead backfiring so that people begin to question legitimate claims of assault.

by Anonymousreply 169April 26, 2019 4:36 PM

*AND is instead

by Anonymousreply 170April 26, 2019 4:37 PM

Joe Biden is tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 171April 26, 2019 5:52 PM

I had a Catholic cunt at work file a sexual harassment complaint against me because I was an out gay man and by offending her religious convictions, made our workplace a hostile environment.

Ewwww, he made them feel uncomfortable..

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2019 5:55 PM

I was convince Bernie Sanders was taking this. Part of me still hopes he does. Then again, Joe Motherfucking Biden made me cry today. The power that he has, the intelligence that he has, the clearance that he has, the access that he has, the influence that he has, the profile that he has, the international implications that he has.

by Anonymousreply 173April 26, 2019 6:04 PM

^^Moogan^^

by Anonymousreply 174April 26, 2019 6:09 PM

You're so right about Joe, r173! The fourth time will definitely be the charm!!

by Anonymousreply 175April 26, 2019 6:13 PM

I think Joe has the same type of human qualities that FDR had.. in the 30s and 40s, during the Depression and WWII. FDR took the country under his wing, with his Fireside Chats, trying to console people during tough times. I can see Joe do that.. or something like that. He has a soothing quality.

by Anonymousreply 176April 26, 2019 6:30 PM

Just imagine Joe taking you under his wing and cradling you while you sniff his musky pits.

by Anonymousreply 177April 26, 2019 6:32 PM

More like dusty pits. Homeboy's ancient.

by Anonymousreply 178April 26, 2019 6:34 PM

He was really lackluster today. Didn’t come off very strong.

by Anonymousreply 179April 26, 2019 6:44 PM

I don't understand what Biden needs to do, as far as Anita Hill is concerned, to fully atone. He supposedly apologized in the past and then personally apologized to her earlier the month, but she said something like he has more to do and needs to show actions, not just words. But this is after he's championed and fought on behalf of women, especially those who have been harassed, molested, abused. What more does he need to do to gain Hill's favor, not he particularly needs it other than placate his already existing nay-sayers.

by Anonymousreply 180April 26, 2019 7:33 PM

His diehard nay-sayers are Bernie or Busters so he won’t get their vote anyway.

by Anonymousreply 181April 26, 2019 8:24 PM

She was also instrumental in callimg attention to the rape kit backlog and helping to get that moving along.

by Anonymousreply 182April 26, 2019 8:26 PM

The Beast is back? Just pressed delete on my DVR.

by Anonymousreply 183April 26, 2019 8:37 PM

Was it ever explained why she was out sick?

by Anonymousreply 184April 26, 2019 9:00 PM

Explosive diarrhea

by Anonymousreply 185April 26, 2019 9:01 PM

CCS, Corrosive Cunt Syndrome,

She had to pack a box of Arm&Hammer in her twat for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 186April 26, 2019 9:02 PM

They're all sick of her. That's the real explanation.

by Anonymousreply 187April 26, 2019 10:54 PM

TPoA's outfit today was extra awful....looked like something out of a 1970s variety show or a cheap Nutcracker solider outfit or marching band uniform or I don't know what, just hideous.

by Anonymousreply 188April 27, 2019 12:36 AM

I’m not going to get into age, but Joe is an exceptionally poor speaker for someone with his political experience. Stammer stammer stammer but LOOK! There was...it was, how can I say it? Listen. Look—anyway.

No wonder he complimented Obama when he was a senator for being “articulate.” That was interpreted as potentially racially loaded back then, but if this is how Joe Biden has always spoken then he probably really is impressed by the way Obama speaks.

by Anonymousreply 189April 27, 2019 12:44 AM

R189 Biden should have thoughtful succinct answers to every question imaginable by now.

by Anonymousreply 190April 27, 2019 12:46 AM

R190 There was a prepared statement, a set, set of statements that were—they were prepared. By people. People who—look. Things happen and the statements were misplaced and...anyway.

by Anonymousreply 191April 27, 2019 12:48 AM

I like that he's not the over rehearsed bullshit politician.

by Anonymousreply 192April 27, 2019 12:50 AM

He’s been in Washington for forty years. He’s the bullshit politician personified.

by Anonymousreply 193April 27, 2019 12:52 AM

R192 I do too, but it’s still kind of jarring to me that he is so aimless with his speech. He darts all around from point to point interrupting himself. I know one person who does that and she’s from Erie, PA. I wonder if it’s a regional manner of speaking to just ramble on and on and constantly derail one’s own point?

by Anonymousreply 194April 27, 2019 12:53 AM

Yeah, r194, it's part of why he's relatable to middle America and blue collar workers.

by Anonymousreply 195April 27, 2019 12:56 AM

He's been in politics for what 50 years? Most politicians can bullshit their way through interviews, we see it all the time.

I never agree with the dump, but today, yes Biden did make dump look like a spry, young man lol.

by Anonymousreply 196April 27, 2019 12:58 AM

Sanity is more important than some fucked up ideal of an old man who is 'strong.'

by Anonymousreply 197April 27, 2019 1:02 AM

Biden seems like a really sweet, compassionate man. I’d want him as my grandpa, but I can’t see him as my president.

by Anonymousreply 198April 27, 2019 1:13 AM

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 199April 27, 2019 1:19 AM

McDad was extremely QUIET today! Except for the crying, it was as if she wasn't there.

by Anonymousreply 200April 27, 2019 1:32 AM

And Migraine showed a CLIP of her crying over her dad.

How poignant.

by Anonymousreply 201April 27, 2019 2:45 AM

Noticed that too r200. The camera was barely on her. She’s definitely been benched, but probably raised hell that she wanted to be there with Biden.

That suit was so ugly it was delicious. The wardrobe department is taking their sweet sweet revenge in their way.

by Anonymousreply 202April 27, 2019 2:48 AM

What did Clarence Thomas actually do that was all that bad? Did he threaten her job? Force himself on her? I never was clear about any of this mishegoss.

by Anonymousreply 203April 27, 2019 2:59 AM

^^^Educate yourself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 27, 2019 3:02 AM

So he made a few crude comments but she still followed him to her next job. Harvey Weinsten makes him look rather tame in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 205April 27, 2019 3:10 AM

Harvey Weinstein is a rapist, R205. No one accused Thomas of rape, but harassment is also a crime and also a really fucked up thing to do to someone who works for you. You can’t say sexual harassment is OK because no rape is involved. Good lord.

by Anonymousreply 206April 27, 2019 10:17 AM

Yeah, the harassment was so bad that when Thomas left one job she followed him to the new place.

by Anonymousreply 207April 27, 2019 10:26 AM

R207 And women married to men who beat them up move with them when they buy new homes. Your focus is clearly intended to say that because Hill remained Thomas’s employee, what he did was not wrong. That’s illogic. It’s wrong. It does not apply. Many children and many spouses are verbally abused or physically abused and stay with the abuser for years and then at some point sever that relationship and never go back. The time they spent with an abuser does not mean they “asked for it” or that the abuse was not abuse. You cannot exonerate a person who breaks laws and social and moral and ethical norms because someone was loyal to them; there is no direct causal relationship between the two factors.

Hill did not send a letter to the Supreme Court to say “this man was mean to me and I want to put him on trial.” She didn’t want to appear before the Supreme Court. She felt an obligation to tell them that Thomas has a history of abusing power and that in her judgment based upon her experience and knowledge of who he is, that she believes he may not be qualified to serve as an objective justice who presides over certain cases. She ended up being smeared and frankly sexually harrassed by congressmen who reacted similarly to the way you are reacting. She was not seeking retribution or a victim badge to wear for the rest of her life. Her concern was that this man who has abused his power on a relatively low level was now going to sit on the bench of the highest court in the country, and she felt morally obligated to raise the concern of his moral compass.

by Anonymousreply 208April 27, 2019 10:45 AM

R208, it was a different time and in her own testimony she said she followed him for career advancement. She's a fundie cunt and he's a right wing asshole and 30+ years latter we still have to suffer these fools.

by Anonymousreply 209April 27, 2019 10:49 AM

The revolving door between Fox and Friends and The View continues. Jed was named Fox and Friends Weekend co-host.

by Anonymousreply 210April 27, 2019 4:06 PM

I want to throw stuff at the tv when Moogan starts lecturing Democrats about how to win the next election. "Keep doing it, you will reelect Trump" etc. First, why should we take advice from you? Second, you know you and your party are responsible for this clusterfuck. Kindly, go work for Fox. ASAP!

by Anonymousreply 211April 27, 2019 4:36 PM

I so wish one of them would say “it’s a pity you didn’t share this knowledge with daddy, maybe he would have won”.

by Anonymousreply 212April 27, 2019 6:22 PM

[quote]I want to throw stuff at the tv when Moogan starts lecturing Democrats about how to win the next election. "Keep doing it, you will reelect Trump" etc. First, why should we take advice from you? Second, you know you and your party are responsible for this clusterfuck. Kindly, go work for Fox. ASAP!

Sure Meghunny, tell me MORE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213April 27, 2019 6:34 PM

Megs honey, PLEASE, get a new tune!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 27, 2019 6:37 PM

Joe, I support your run for president because MY FATHER and even as a conservative who complains about President Trump but will vote for him anyway so that my husband doesn’t murder me, I will say that I AM JOHN McCAIN’S DAUGHTER and MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER.

by Anonymousreply 215April 27, 2019 6:43 PM

McCain will vote for Biden over Trump.

by Anonymousreply 216April 27, 2019 7:24 PM

Two Tons wants Biden to run because she knows he’ll lose. She’s as morally bankrupt as her Party.

by Anonymousreply 217April 27, 2019 7:53 PM

Hi

My father

OK bye

by Anonymousreply 218April 27, 2019 7:54 PM

He HAS to be the nominee because he can take PA. The only problem is that I think he will be forced to pick a woman VP before the primaries b/c of his history with women when he should pick Pete. He's very unsteady and don't know how he'll weather the other Dems in the debates, but if he's one-on-one with Cheeto, he'll kill him.

by Anonymousreply 219April 27, 2019 10:03 PM

I hope you're right about killing him Cheeto one on one r219, his lackluster appearance yesterday left me worried.

by Anonymousreply 220April 27, 2019 10:06 PM

I don’t know if he can take Trump in a debate either after yesterday. Trump is incoherent and rambling but he hits on power words that make his audience think he is strong. If Joe debates him the way he spoke on The View yesterday, it’ll go down like this:

Trump: Joe over there, dirty Joe, Joe average, average Joe nothing special about him, not like me, I’m special, everybody says so. Unlike Joe I respect women, I have many women work for me, they say I’m a great boss, I don’t sniff them.

Biden: Hey. Now, look, I’m not gonna—I’m not gonna sink down to that, that level because—this is what I will say. I am sorry if those women think that there were things that happened and that they think I had anything to do—anyway.

Trump: Doesn’t sound much like an APOLOGY to me, Joey boy! Joe Schmo. Old Joe. Joe is so old and tired, he has to go to bed after Jeopardy! Low energy Joe! How’s he gonna run a country!

Biden: Now...hey. Hey now, that isn’t very—it’s not nice, dammit. What we need now is a better country, a civil country. Donald Trump has degraded and, well, really he’s run it down and people out there are suffering when did you last thank a plumber and how are the people who unclog the sewers really doing out there anyway, huh? How are they doin? This is America. I love America.

Trump: Old Joe hates America! He wants to make America Obama again! Boo! Boo!

Biden: Anyway!

by Anonymousreply 221April 27, 2019 10:14 PM

Biden couldn't even take Palin in a debate. 12 years ago. Who the fuck wants this crying old man as the democratic nom? That's insane and not gonna happen. He'll shit himself in public, grope young girls and preach the evils of ganga. The View thread participants are older than Uncle Joe.

by Anonymousreply 222April 28, 2019 12:22 AM

Plain did not best Biden in their debate. That is a fucking lie.

by Anonymousreply 223April 28, 2019 3:51 AM

Mon 4/29: Newt Gingrich

Tues 4/30: E.L. James, author of "The Mister"

Wed 5/1: Abby Huntsman's birthday celebration

Thurs 5/2: Alan Dershowitz

Fri 5/3: Diane Sawyer, Rebel Wilson, chef Aaron Sanchez

by Anonymousreply 224April 28, 2019 4:55 AM

Jeez, ANOTHER celebration for a co-host?!? Seems like they have one every other week.

by Anonymousreply 225April 28, 2019 4:57 AM

Monday looks like a must-miss day.

by Anonymousreply 226April 28, 2019 5:13 AM

Answer to this Queen Bitch of Arizona:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227April 28, 2019 6:01 AM

Finally watched this....

So, I thought you were overreacting about his speaking style in the posts before I watched the episode, but I found him hard to follow and just way too tangential and broken up - LOOK. Ok? Anyway.

After the CNN Town Hall night that went on for 5 hours (I didn't see them all - but saw clips of a few and all of a few) - I still like Warren the best, but if she can't beat Trump by the widest possible margin, then I do not think she should be nominated, but she could be VP perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 228April 28, 2019 6:24 AM

Interesting...the book says that ABC News stole The View from ABC Daytime because the time slot got in the way and they had “Today show envy,” wanting to extend Good Morning America later into the day—with the GMA cast and crew—the way Today. Kelly Ripa was the one standing in the way of it because her ABC contract guarantees her the 10am time slot no matter what. So when the news network finally got The View post Babd, they began to convert it into an extension of GMA, including casting Sara Haines and Paula Faris from GMA and adding the insipid “view your deal” home-shopping bullshit. So that is how Sara and Paula ended up on the show, and why Sara and Kelly Ripa’s former cohost now have their own GMA extension a la Hoda and Kathie Lee.

by Anonymousreply 229April 28, 2019 11:54 AM

Jezebel (yes yes Jezebel is awful) has started a new recurring series called This Week in Meghan McCain, where they make a super cut of all the horrible things she’s said and done during the week. Maybe now her horribleness will spread even further and it will get her fired. I hope.

by Anonymousreply 230April 28, 2019 7:53 PM

As long as the ratings are good, she's gold.

by Anonymousreply 231April 28, 2019 8:10 PM

I'm just catching up with Thursday's show. Whoopi seems genuinely happy. When she was talking about menopause with Joy and was like "we're both POST honey" and snapped - she is so much happier I think.

by Anonymousreply 232April 29, 2019 3:04 AM

Over the past few years, Whoopi gets the highest ratings from the viewers, according to the book. With viewers, she proved more popular than Joy and Barbara. Viewers love her, even though since the beginning, she's always looked into the camera and said things like, "And don't write to me to complain about what I said. Because I DON'T CARE. I'm not going to read your emails."

When she's alert and in a good mood, the show flows well. Unfortunately, she's been very crank most days of the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 233April 29, 2019 3:17 AM

Alan Dershowitz? How isn’t he a media pariah after we all found out he slept with 13 year old sex trafficked prostitutes? Because of “the tribe”?

by Anonymousreply 234April 29, 2019 3:20 AM

They were also talking about weight issues without having to make apologetic glances towards the cow person.

by Anonymousreply 235April 29, 2019 3:46 AM

Talking about the shooting at the synagogue and the first words out of her mouth: "I have a friend...."

Guess which lady at the table made the tragedy about herself?

by Anonymousreply 236April 29, 2019 3:09 PM

Fuck you, Sunny. Fucking biased asshole. I'm so goddamn sick of her going after the evil White male but never, ever calls out her own community for their crimes. She purposely misrepresents statistics in such a way as to make the "brown " people as she refers to them, look like perpetual victims because of Whitey and never demands they take responsibility for their actions. She's exactly like Meghan with her talking points except she makes her points very subversively vs steamroller Meghan who is much more overt with her manic reading of those damn blue cards.

by Anonymousreply 237April 29, 2019 3:21 PM

Meghan was right about about how Beto is getting away with things that women would be taken to task over.

by Anonymousreply 238April 29, 2019 3:25 PM

Gingrich is next, *gets barf bag ready*

by Anonymousreply 239April 29, 2019 3:27 PM

Yeah R237... Sunny has gotten on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 240April 29, 2019 4:32 PM

It appears that Sunny is a purity pill.

by Anonymousreply 241April 29, 2019 4:57 PM

There are a few Republicans whom I can watch and listen to on television while keeping an open mind and calm attitude about what they're saying. Newt Gingrisch is not one of them. Every time he's on a show, I have the urge to act out. Meeghan was horrid during the segment, jumping on Gingrich's coattails ("Ooh! Ooh! I can answer that!")

by Anonymousreply 242April 29, 2019 7:42 PM

What did Sunny say today?

by Anonymousreply 243April 29, 2019 7:45 PM

I just watched the opening. Sunny spoke fairly and reasonably about white supremacy motivated hate crimes. If that is what the person above is ranting about, uh oh.

by Anonymousreply 244April 29, 2019 11:23 PM

I agree with Meghan about Beto the apoplectic energetic candidate.

by Anonymousreply 245April 29, 2019 11:48 PM

R245 I shudder to say I do, too.

by Anonymousreply 246April 30, 2019 12:04 AM

Gingrich made a fucking fool of himself trying to defend Trump, and Sunny was great at calling him out.

by Anonymousreply 247April 30, 2019 6:03 AM

Well that's nothing new for that scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 248April 30, 2019 6:37 AM

It was pretty embarrassing. He looked like a boy being scolded by his mother and aunts.

by Anonymousreply 249April 30, 2019 9:30 AM

I had to admit that Biden came across as a stammering, rambling, unfocused old man in his View interview, and I am glad to say that Newt Gingrich came across as similarly impotent. In a different way. His voice was squeaky and thin and just kind of sad, like an old grandpa who has just given in to aging and isn’t really being productive anymore—just an old guy.

by Anonymousreply 250April 30, 2019 9:35 AM

WHY do they continue having people like Newt on this show. He never has anything relevant to say, it's the same tired GOP talking points.

He really didn't have an answer for Trump's response for the Charlottesville tragedy. He spammed like a bumbling demented fool.

by Anonymousreply 251April 30, 2019 10:48 AM

R251 If that’s a serious question, answers include 1) he has a book to sell and the publisher grants “promotional consideration$” to the show; 2) ratings; 3) The View is ABC News, and ABC/Disney+Fox = conservative media masquerading as “mainstream liberal media.” That’s pretty simple.

by Anonymousreply 252April 30, 2019 10:53 AM

That should have been: He stammered like a bumbling demented fool.

by Anonymousreply 253April 30, 2019 10:58 AM

[quote][R251] If that’s a serious question, answers include 1) he has a book to sell and the publisher grants “promotional consideration$” to the show; 2) ratings; 3) The View is ABC News, and ABC/Disney+Fox = conservative media masquerading as “mainstream liberal media.” That’s pretty simple.

What a ridiculous lame expected response. Who gives a fuck that he's promoting a book, which, incidentally, he didn't say much about, because he was bumbling through defending that POS Trump.

A large portion of The View's audience are Democrats and, of course, women, they're tired of seeing old white men with no vision of the future, just the same tired responses and defending of their horrendous policies. Do you ever notice all the black women in the live audience? They sure are not there to see a vile old repetitious white Repub spewing his same tired bullshit.

I could care less what corporation now owns The View, they need to start comprehending exactly who their audience is and it sure doesn't only consist of rabid old white RePubs who watch Faux News.

Meghan will be gone when her contract is up. She's not an articulate or intelligent enough person to represent the Republicans. If there are any leveled headed Repubs left, that is. They've become the White Supremacy party of demagogue dictator imbecile Trump.

Of course, I understand the producers love the daily chaos, it's great for ratings. Yet I know many people, men and women, who have stopped watching the show when Meghan's contract was renewed.

by Anonymousreply 254April 30, 2019 11:10 AM

R254 The question was: “WHY do they continue having people like Newt on this show. He never has anything relevant to say, it's the same tired GOP talking points.”

The response was the answer to that question.

You say you don’t care what corporation owns the network and the production, but the answer to the question is tied directly to what corporation owns the network and the production.

Don’t ask questions you don’t want truthful answers to. If you just want to rant, then rant, but don’t reject reality on the basis of disagreeing with reality. That is what Trump does. You should be more plugged into real life than he is.

by Anonymousreply 255April 30, 2019 11:29 AM

[quote]Meghan will be gone when her contract is up.

Meghan will be gone when 1) ratings drop; 2) she quits or 3) everyone else threatens to quit. Everything else you've said is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 256April 30, 2019 11:53 AM

Actually all the responses to my questions sound more like Trump Talking Points! The Trumpsters are out in full force today.

Someone like Newt is actually irrelevant, he is an old school old man white RePub. He's only agreeing with Trump because he wants to remain relevant. NO ONE CARES WHAT HE HAS TO SAY. Especially the current administration. They are now so fair right to the point of being white supremacists.

The current Repub party has nothing to do with old school Republican values. Get that through you very thick skulls.

I actually don't even think Meghan believes half the tripe she spews, like KellyAnn Conway, Huckabeast and all the other female ReThug talking heads, Meghan just wants to be famous.

by Anonymousreply 257April 30, 2019 12:32 PM

I very much doubt there are Trumpsters posting responses to your question. I thought that poster did a good job explaining why they have the Newts of the world on. He never said he agreed with the decision.

The book said the #1 demo for Daytime TV is African American women, then Latino women.

by Anonymousreply 258April 30, 2019 4:32 PM

ABC is 100% behind Biden. Biden went 1st on the view, then he and his wife spoke together for the first time with Robin Roberts on GMA. I even heard on the radio this morning on an ABC news update that Joe is exclusively speaking with ABC prior to his official announcement.

by Anonymousreply 259April 30, 2019 5:33 PM

Following, not prior. Damn phone.

by Anonymousreply 260April 30, 2019 5:34 PM

How many times does Biden have to address invading people’s personal space. Every interviewer brings it up. What else is he supposed to say? Dems get crucified for everything while Repugs deny there is an issue until it blows over. Maybe it doesn’t pay to take responsibility and apologize.

by Anonymousreply 261April 30, 2019 5:52 PM

I can't believe how bad he was on The View when it was supposed to be his big launch. Uninspired, no talk of policy, refusing to apologise correctly, and mumbling, fumbling, stumbling his way through answers with no confidence or clarity. I genuinely worry about him becoming the dem. nominee because if that is what he has to offer.... it's not great.

Even Tulsi Gabbard came off better in her appearance on The View, and they spent the whole interview trying to smear her lol. Bernie too. Even Gilibrand last week did a better job of addressing her shortcomings and proposing a way forward than Biden did. And you know he had been prepared with their questions beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 262April 30, 2019 6:10 PM

The clip they showed of Joe with Robin Roberts wasn't engaging or dynamic either. This is the beginning and the rigors of campaigning haven't even begun yet, it worries and saddens me.

by Anonymousreply 263April 30, 2019 6:22 PM

And yet he's risen again in the polls. Imagine that.

by Anonymousreply 264April 30, 2019 6:24 PM

He honestly does make dump look like a spry young thing lol.

But I agree with r264. Most of his "scandals" dont seem to be affecting how people view him. His being Obama's guy is reassuring to minorities.

by Anonymousreply 265April 30, 2019 6:26 PM

These are morning talk shows with news items interspersed with entertainment and home style segments, it's not meant to be hard-hitting political debates aimed at political junkies.

by Anonymousreply 266April 30, 2019 6:41 PM

I honestly was excited about Uncle Joe until I saw him on The View and GMA.....he may be a great guy but he’s in way over his head. We need a charismatic leader who can beat Dump and he’s just not it.

by Anonymousreply 267April 30, 2019 6:46 PM

And yet people seem to think otherwise. He's up in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 268April 30, 2019 6:53 PM

I am sexually attracted to Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 269April 30, 2019 6:56 PM

Megan just announced that she won some sort of award for being Anti Choice on TV. Funny how she turned off Comments on this Instagram post....

I wonder if they’ll talk about this award on the show this week. I’ve mentioned it before but I don’t think think that The View audience understands just how severe Megan’s abortion opinions are. She wants ALL pregnant women to carry ALL babies to term, regardless of circumstances.

She is an Extremist and the audience might turn on her entirely if given the opportunity to learn about the extent of her beliefs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 30, 2019 7:08 PM

R270 any way of cross-posting that The View's Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 271April 30, 2019 7:15 PM

They did a segment on privilege today, and Abby said she knew she was lucky to have been born into her family and gotten advantages because of it. Not a word from Meghan about her family.

by Anonymousreply 272April 30, 2019 7:18 PM

So nobody turned to the Princess of Arizona?

by Anonymousreply 273April 30, 2019 7:20 PM

I know you guys hate on Abby, but I have a soft spot for her.

by Anonymousreply 274April 30, 2019 8:14 PM

I have a soft spot for Abby's hubby.

He's purdy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 30, 2019 8:25 PM

Speaking of hubbys, does anyone have tea on Mooghans mate? Is he with her just for the inheritance ($200 million) or does he just have a thing for fatties?

by Anonymousreply 276April 30, 2019 8:33 PM

Abby's man is an AWG with a side of CORN and CHEEEEEESE

by Anonymousreply 277April 30, 2019 9:13 PM

Abby is obsessed with Mayor Pete. I bet she posts here.

by Anonymousreply 278April 30, 2019 9:47 PM

If Abby posts here: hi Abby!! You’re not bad for a frau with kids! You hold your own with those cunts!

by Anonymousreply 279April 30, 2019 9:49 PM

Abby’s husband looks kind of like her. He’s not my type only because he looks just like the douches that made my life miserable in high school. He’s a decent looking guy, nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 280April 30, 2019 10:28 PM

Did I hear right? Did MeMe say she's close with the guy who does her hair???

by Anonymousreply 281April 30, 2019 11:00 PM

The Blatina, The Bag O'Fetuses and the Princess of Arizona ALL were Pete positive today.

Joy may be drifting from Bernie to Biden.

Whoopi was having none of this white man stuff.

Go Mayor Pete!

by Anonymousreply 282April 30, 2019 11:03 PM

Yeah, she's tweeted about him before, r281. He does Sunny's hair too.

by Anonymousreply 283April 30, 2019 11:03 PM

R270 Two Tons got hammered on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 284April 30, 2019 11:21 PM

Sunny's lipstick was horrifying today. Looked like a Halloween costume.

by Anonymousreply 285May 1, 2019 12:04 AM

She's always getting hammered, r284.

by Anonymousreply 286May 1, 2019 12:08 AM

Abby is self aware and self depreciating. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 287May 1, 2019 12:34 AM

I’m starting to like Abby. She worthless, but harmless.

by Anonymousreply 288May 1, 2019 3:14 AM

TPoA says she is a size 12....

by Anonymousreply 289May 1, 2019 3:34 PM

R289 - she must have dyslexia.....she’s barely able to squeeze all that blubber into a size 21.

by Anonymousreply 290May 1, 2019 3:47 PM

Someone on this or an earlier thread said they went to a taping and that Meghan is thinner in person. I think what makes her look overall larger are the huge boobs.

by Anonymousreply 291May 1, 2019 3:54 PM

I think what makes her look overall larger is her fat face, fat neck, fat ass, and fat belly.

by Anonymousreply 292May 1, 2019 3:56 PM

I keep expecting Moogan to burp in the middle of one of her rants.

by Anonymousreply 293May 1, 2019 3:57 PM

I’d love to see a video of that cow eating. She probably swallows her feed before she even chews it.

by Anonymousreply 294May 1, 2019 4:00 PM

O.k. Abby, time to go on maternity leave now.

Wonder who the line up of guest co-hosts will be. Hope Sherri makes an appearance. I'm sure SE Cupp will show up too so McNastyJr can announce "my friend" to remind us she has friends. They should bring Tara Setmeyer back. What happened with Yvette Nicole Brown, I recall reading here a while ago she fell out of favor but I don't remember why... Who would be someone to get under the nasty one's skin that could guest co-host, any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 295May 1, 2019 4:08 PM

I can't remember which ABC journalist they had on, but he was promoting his *~*exclusive*~* interview with Melania Trump. Yvette was butting heads with him a bit. And he said something to the effect of 'no matter what you think about Melania, she DESERVES our respect'.

Yvette Nicole Brown said 'I don't respect Melania.'

And she was never on the show again.

by Anonymousreply 296May 1, 2019 4:14 PM

Seems like Ana will be the one to fill in. I wouldn't be surprised if they permanently add her to the panel next season.

by Anonymousreply 297May 1, 2019 4:14 PM

Here is a link. Sarah Fuckabee Sanders even came after her.

I'm sure if you want to find the actual clip of her criticising Melania on The View you can search for 'Tom Llamas The View' and it will come up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298May 1, 2019 4:17 PM

I think it was when YNB called Mel a "mistress". Hilarity ensued and the tears flowed freely.

by Anonymousreply 299May 1, 2019 4:19 PM

Yeah, I watched that YNB show live and it was hot! I’m not surprised that she’s considered too hot for ABC.

by Anonymousreply 300May 1, 2019 4:56 PM

In person TPoA’s boobs aren’t the first thing you notice. It’s her tummy and face/neck in person that make her look so chubby and misshapen.

by Anonymousreply 301May 1, 2019 7:01 PM

Thanks r296

by Anonymousreply 302May 1, 2019 7:50 PM

Things will get really interesting tomorrow and I'm sure MeAgain will have plenty to talk about or in her case whine and screech about.

by Anonymousreply 303May 1, 2019 8:23 PM

Size 12? Is that her hat size?

by Anonymousreply 304May 1, 2019 9:03 PM

I only caught the tail end of the Ma and Pa Huntsman segment but what was up with Abby's mother, she looked odd, not just the whole botox face thing but the way she was sitting and her posture, wtf was that?

by Anonymousreply 305May 1, 2019 9:11 PM

r124 YOU STUPID FUCKING LITERAL MINDED CUNTRAG. I'M CALLING HIM A MEXICAN NAZI SARCASTICALLY YOU DUMBSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 306May 1, 2019 9:47 PM

I dislike Mooghan. I truly do. But I will say that today she didn’t look so fat. Yes, she looked spanked in bigtime and she is very very top heavy but she didn’t look as fat as usual.

by Anonymousreply 307May 1, 2019 9:50 PM

R305 Effects of the magic girdle.

by Anonymousreply 308May 1, 2019 9:58 PM

r305, this Mormon Resting Cunt Face.

by Anonymousreply 309May 1, 2019 11:00 PM

R305 I also found that distracting. She has had a lot of facial cutting and pasting to make her look like her daughter’s sister (is that a Mormony thing to do? No caffeine, but go ahead and butcher your body to be eternally sexy?). But it was the strange angle of her head that was most bizarre. Very stepford. She either has some sort of muscular disorder like ALS and has extreme muscle rigidity in her neck, or else she appeared to be in perpetual “this is my good angle” mode from taking too many selfies.

Mary Kaye Huntsman came from the same factory as Melaniabot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310May 2, 2019 9:21 AM

R295 Rebecca Traister. Shes politically quick on her feet and to the left of Two Tons. Amanda Seales would be great, as well.

by Anonymousreply 311May 2, 2019 10:32 AM

I really dislike the “TPoA” nickname. It’s cumbersome and enigmatic, and for someone whose whole world is about ME, having ME built into MEghan’s name really makes for a lot more straightforward monikers. I don’t think “the Princess of Arizona” is particularly meaningful, either. She talks a little about Arizona but far more about her saintly father and federal politics, and if anything she seems to consider herself a princess of a version of the US only she believes in, with her founding fathers photos hanging in her hallway at home, the US flag over her dinner table, her bizarre angry reaction to the UK every time it’s brought up as if we are still at war with them. She’s a nut. But she is a self-assigned NATIONAL, not local, “political analyst,” and she believes her manifest destiny is based in her heritage as the daughter of St. John McCain of Arc, who singlehandedly saved us from the communist devils of the east.

by Anonymousreply 312May 2, 2019 10:47 AM

I agree. I think the 'Princess of Arizona' thing is actually flattering for her, when she's really a rich big city shill. She's not authentic enough to be from there.

By the way I couldn't believe how annoying she was in this clip. Well I could, but REALLY Meghan? Playing dumb? Asking 'who's going to jail?' She keeps repeating that she doesn't have an attention span and doesn't understand it, and every time Sunny tries to explain it to her she purposely interrupts her to repeat the same thing.

I'm sick of this 'that's so confusing! I don't know what to think about that.' All this incredulous 'wow this is crazy!!' when you can't defend your party. You are complicit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313May 2, 2019 1:04 PM

After careful thought, consideration and reflection, I've concluded I agree that "princess" in any description of the beast is too kind and I will adjust accordingly going forward. I was trying to tone down my vitriol but really why should I, the repugs don't. To me first and foremost when I see and hear her I think "beast" and I'm gonna stick with that.

by Anonymousreply 314May 2, 2019 2:01 PM

R306 is too simple-minded to understand hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 315May 2, 2019 2:45 PM

[quote]Someone on this or an earlier thread said they went to a taping and that Meghan is thinner in person. I think what makes her look overall larger are the huge boobs.

These days, she doesn't have a waist, her waist is almost as large as those monstrous tits! Her shape looks like a stumpy box trying to balance on spiky high heels.

What's going on here? Is that man an ex-BF? 😁 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 2, 2019 2:53 PM

Ugh, no Joy today. She went home ill.

by Anonymousreply 317May 2, 2019 3:02 PM

The Beast is picking at Sunny today since Joy isn't there.

Beast: "Don't look at me that way, I speak for conservatives on this show."

Sunny: "I can't look at you?"

Oh and Abby says she doesn't like "whataboutism", lol, that's rich.

by Anonymousreply 318May 2, 2019 3:09 PM

She’s such a nasty bitch. Don’t look at me Sunny. Classy.

by Anonymousreply 319May 2, 2019 3:31 PM

Abby has the most beautiful hair...thick, shiny and very healthy.

by Anonymousreply 320May 2, 2019 3:43 PM

... even with her advanced pregnancy, Abby looks much thinner than moogan.

by Anonymousreply 321May 2, 2019 3:45 PM

Not the same without Joy.

by Anonymousreply 322May 2, 2019 3:46 PM

Yeah.. Joy is missed today. I hope she'll be fine and comes back soon.

by Anonymousreply 323May 2, 2019 3:51 PM

The Beast bragging about how she is a "straight shooter" and that's why people "love me or hate me". She also says she changed things at The View when she came as she made it into Festivus from Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 324May 2, 2019 3:58 PM

Whoopi got Joy sick.

by Anonymousreply 325May 2, 2019 4:15 PM

The Princess of Assholes has the physical beauty of a human burrito.

by Anonymousreply 326May 2, 2019 4:22 PM

Of course, Meghan brings up Eric Holder refusing to testify to congress. Little talk or rebuttal after that. Meghan does her homework enough to BS through a discussion and the others are either ill-prepared or not political junkies like she is to counter with an intelligent reply. I'm not totally familiar with Eric Holder refusing to testify either, but googled and read and she didn't tell the whole story. No shock, but no pushback to her disseminating a false narrative. This was more evident when Meghan introduced a clip of a Republican Senator bringing up Peter Strok AGAIN. Why the View lets her get away with this, I don't know. She also snidely said that Democrats won't be happy until they get him impeached. The reply should have been that even Mueller stated in the report that it is for Congress to take up that matter.

by Anonymousreply 327May 2, 2019 5:00 PM

There were two of us who saw the show being taped & thought Meghan wasn't as fat as she looks on TV....not to say that she's thin or that she hasn't gained about 15 lbs since her dad died But, seeing her in real life, it was odd that she just didn't look like this huge monster woman. If she walked past you on the street, you'd never think twice about it. Maybe that's the issue. She is "average sized" really. You see women her size on the train, sidewalk, restaurants, etc... Yet on TV, she's just enormous looking. The other poster thinks it is due to her shape. She is very boxy or something...and her boobs are so high up and huge that it makes everything else look huge. Sheri also looked fatter because her boobs were huge.

When I went home and watched the show, I was surprised how everything seemed different. Holly Robinson Pete looked completely anorexic in person but normal on TV. Sunny is very thin too... but looks normal on TV. It was just strange. The whole thing with Meghan reminded me of this MadTV sketch.

She was also laughing and seemingly having a good time during all the breaks, which I didn't expect either (other than yelling /screeching "that's not a friday question!" when someone asked about Assange - since the comic was taking questions from the audience during all the down-time). Our breaks were extremely long because 2 of the segments were pre-taped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 2, 2019 5:13 PM

The View has too many commercials. They talk for one minute, and then they go to break for three. It gets on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 329May 2, 2019 5:15 PM

R316 That was many pounds ago, she has a jawline in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 330May 2, 2019 6:52 PM

When Meghan knows she can't defend the Republican position, she derails the conversation. Today was a prime example.

by Anonymousreply 331May 2, 2019 8:29 PM

I'm reading on another thread that CBS has let Norah O'Donnell go from their morning show, she was difficult to work with and a condition of Gayle's new contract was that she go. I don't know what her political leanings are but either way they should bring her over to The View to chew the beast up,spit her out and make her cry, I get that kind of vibe from Norah.

by Anonymousreply 332May 2, 2019 8:31 PM

ABC is bending over backwards to let the lone Rethug on the panel get away with murder. I don't count Abby since it's difficult to figure out where she's coming from on a daily basis other than the "both sides" thing.

by Anonymousreply 333May 2, 2019 9:17 PM

r329, I record it and skip the commercials. If you go to YT asnd watch the full episodes, they generally run about 36 minutes.

The show is running on average 24 minutes of commercials PLUS the Blurb-o-mat segments for Disney published books and the View Your Deal Vend-o-rama.

The best days are the all Hot Topics days without the Blurb-o-mat or Vend-o-rama crap.

by Anonymousreply 334May 2, 2019 9:51 PM

Meghan strayed off topic again. The subject was Barr's testimony and instead of talking about that she asked what the endgame was for Democrats. That seems to be what she falls back on what Republicans do someone that can't be defended. She just ignores the topic and comes up with an anti-Democrat angle. At one point Sunny reminded her what the topic was. I'm glad she did and she needs to do it more often.

by Anonymousreply 335May 3, 2019 3:06 AM

R331, I posted before I read what you wrote. Yep, I notice it too. It's so obvious when you look for it.

by Anonymousreply 336May 3, 2019 3:10 AM

Meghan's always well prepared with her blue cards and her talking points but if she's asked an off-the-cuff question she's not very quick on her feet. I think that's why she tries to control the convo and she seems to constantly deflect attention away from herself by going on the attack so the co-hosts can't grill her.

by Anonymousreply 337May 3, 2019 3:11 AM

I wish the panel would stop Meghan when she's obviously trying to no say anything bad about a Republican and say something like, "Meghan, you haven't given your opinion on this topic yet. What is it?" Just do over and over each time she does it.

by Anonymousreply 338May 3, 2019 3:14 AM

R332, Norah O’Donnell is getting a promotion at CBS News — She’s taking over the Evening News from Jeff Glor. I really don’t see how that improves their ratings.

Meghan ALWAYS holds back in giving her opinion, especially on political topics, and it’s annoying. She not only wants to get in the last word, but gets to build her answer based on what the others have said. She also avoids having the others go after her responses because they’ve already spoken.

The others should stop that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 339May 3, 2019 6:12 AM

Is this Abby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 3, 2019 6:15 AM

R340 Hardly. I believe Abby supported the idiot congressman who said the solution to climate change is...tons of babies!!! Total what the fuck moment in US history, and she supports that; that congressman is Mormon from Utah, and she is a lapsed Mormon from Utah with 140 siblings to populate Planet Heaven later on.

Despite that indoctrination, I like Abby a lot overall as a person based on her persona. I can see being friends with any of the cohosts except McCain, but Abby temperamentwise is the most like me and I think we would get along well. Except she has done said two things that come to mind that made my jaw drop.

The first is an isolated incident and related to what I wrote above. The usually even-keeled Abby lost her shit one day when they showed a clip of AoC cutting veggies in her kitchen and answering questions on Instagram live video. AoC said something like, “oh...yeah, a lot of Millennials are asking now, with the state of the world and the environment, if it’s even a responsible thing to do to have children, if they even want to have children anymore. And it’s a good question.” Cut to Abby looking demented and saying, “I cannot believe what I just heard! Talk about EXTREMISTS!!! This is the most extreme thing any public official has EVER said! She is calling for an end to the human race!!!!” Abby actually said this, completely misinterpreting what AoC said, and from what I remembered the whole panel was so stunned that there was an awkward silence afterward. Somehow—I blame it on her upbringing—she interpreted a reasonable question about population control by some people choosing not to have children as a radical call for self-destruction of all human beings. Fucking nuts.

The other thing that irks me about Abby, and really a more serious concern than one crazy way of thinking, is that she has often uttered wishy-washy thoughts about politics and then followed them by saying she had a long call with a friend in the White House...and that’s why we should support the president. We cannot pretend that she was given the Ivanka interview for any reason other than her having a personal connection and she and ABC promising to make Ivanka look good in the interview. She asked questions that seemed probing-ish but which were guaranteed to make Ivanka look good to those susceptible to not recognizing her for who she is, and the interview backfired when it was revealed (certainly a surprise to Abby) after the interview that one of Ivanka’s answers was a bold lie. Abby looked embarrassed and ashamed when The View replayed the clip and Joy and Meghan congratulated her for getting an answer that revealed Ivanka’s duplicity. That was clearly not how she planned to orchestrate it. It is obvious to me that despite her reasonable down-the-middle points of view, she has an allegiance to this White House and is willing to support Trump to maintain her relationships among his enablers. That’s not something I can easily forgive.

by Anonymousreply 341May 3, 2019 11:32 AM

Joy's back..Yay!!

by Anonymousreply 342May 3, 2019 3:02 PM

WTF. Facebook is NOT a private company.

by Anonymousreply 343May 3, 2019 3:05 PM

I will say, as a European I have a lot of admiration for the American work ethic. 76 year olds here wouldn’t dream of working full stop. 40 year olds would be out for a week with a cold. I’m sure it’s a case of the grass is always greener....and all that but I find it inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 344May 3, 2019 3:06 PM

Diane Sawyer... does she ever age? She is so gorgeous. Yes, she probably has cosmetic help, but she was always a stunner. She's 73...googled it.

by Anonymousreply 345May 3, 2019 3:31 PM

Maybe Joy should have stayed home today to rest and ward off this cold or whatever...

Sunny could have moderated and as an added bonus it would have irked the beastly one that she never gets a shot at it.

by Anonymousreply 346May 3, 2019 3:37 PM

It's that beauty queen thing, r345.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 3, 2019 3:37 PM

The View hasn't been this unwatchable for me since the Jenni McCarthy year. It's easier to digest in podcast form at 3x speed. Catch up in less than 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 348May 3, 2019 4:31 PM

Agree - r345 - she looks great. She has some undereye bags which they usually fix in a facelift (pretty sure she had one with that jawline)... but maybe she didn't want to mess with that area. I think she has good bone structure so it helps a lot when you get certain procedures. Joy looks great for 76 too - it's crazy these women are in their 70s.

I am not sure what a 70-something is supposed to look like anymore.

by Anonymousreply 349May 3, 2019 6:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350May 3, 2019 7:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 3, 2019 7:21 PM

R349 I live in an area with very few elderly people and the elderly people I encounter at work (a 5 star hotel) are nipped and tucked. When I go home to visit everyone looks so darn old but also more human......more animated, more facial expressions. I think Diane is doing the right thing by not going all out any removing any sign of ageing.

by Anonymousreply 352May 3, 2019 8:19 PM

Sawyer has naturally beautiful full lips, that many women want... but end up looking like a tuna. She has a good foundation, with her natural beauty.

by Anonymousreply 353May 3, 2019 8:34 PM

Diane reminds me of the Police Woman era Angie Dickinson.

by Anonymousreply 354May 3, 2019 9:36 PM

Remember us, Diane!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355May 3, 2019 9:52 PM

Here's even what his own people think about him running...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 3, 2019 10:31 PM

Joy definitely has worked done. She always looks different after a hiatus. After this most recent one her upper lips looks so stiff and inflated, though it eventually settled (and I'm speaking as a Joy fan).

by Anonymousreply 357May 4, 2019 10:31 AM

Joy jokes about her cosmetic procedures all the time, and even made a joke recently suggesting she doesn’t recognize the Joy from the show 20 years ago. So what? Who cares? No big whoop.

Diane Sawyer is not ageless. When she was on the nightly news, her age lines and other characteristics were more forward.

Remember that The View (as detailed in the tell-all book) is different than news and talk shows in that it hired theatrical lighting experts from Broadway to make all the women (beginning with Barbara) look as good as they can. It works for guests, too. All their facial character is evened out by the soft omnidirectional lighting.

Diane Sawyer is a beautiful older woman, though. If you replaced the sleek golden hair that has a lot of color variation that makes it appear fuller than it is with her natural hair color, I think she would look a lot more her age. Either way is fine. I do credit her for allowing herself to age, and I personally love it. I don’t understand any men or women over 40 who try to look like centerfold-worthy sexpots, which never really looks sexy (if that’s what you’re going for), but a dignified and handsome older man or woman has his and her own sex appeal and a different phase of beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358May 4, 2019 10:46 AM

Joy admits to fillers and Botox which seems right. Her neck and jawline look 76 so she hasn’t had radical surgery. You can see the puffiness sometimes especially when her glasses are off but it works. She is not a thin woman so a fuller face suits her and doesn’t look as jarring as it does on skinny women with thin necks.

by Anonymousreply 359May 4, 2019 4:36 PM

Joy is no dumbass and not so vain that she is out of touch with reality. She’s married to a schlumpy old man and she revels in being a no-nonsense Italian grandma. She’s not trying to look like Jane Fonda, just a decent version of Joy Behar.

by Anonymousreply 360May 4, 2019 4:38 PM

Mon 5/6: Rep Dan Crenshaw (R-TX)

Tues 5/7: Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, Common

Wed 5/8: Dr. Jill Biden, Anne Hathaway

Thurs 5/9: Dr. Jill Ashton (ABC News chief medical correspondent, author of Life After Suicide)

Fri 5/10: Amy Poehler, Ciara

by Anonymousreply 361May 4, 2019 7:59 PM

R356 no one cares about de Blasio, but he’ll get a CNN Townhall anyway.

by Anonymousreply 362May 5, 2019 12:41 AM

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) - Or, as Pete Davidson described him SNL, looking like "a hitman in a porno movie". Crenshaw appeared on the show a week or so later, made fun of Pete and that seemed to be it. Until Crenshaw started parroting the usual right-wing talking points in interviews, on social media, etc.

Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski. Joe's hair mesmerizes me. I don't know why.

Dr. Jill Biden. You *know* the panel will ask about Joe's touching. Again. And DL favorite AnnE Hathaway!

by Anonymousreply 363May 5, 2019 4:58 AM

Just catching up with the week and oh my god is Alan Dershowitz the most skeezy, slimy, grotesque person who has come on the show in a while.... I felt like I needed a shower after watching him boast about getting murderers off etc. You could tell Whoopi was annoyed by him, and Sunny did a great job of debating him (since she obviously has lost all respect for him). Meghan and Abby sat quiet because they didn't understand what was going on.

Sherri condemns the Ladies Who Punch book in this interview on Wendy. She kinda defends Barbara Walters and admits she thought it would be a different sort of book when she was spoken to for it. Skip to around 5:38 for The View talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364May 5, 2019 7:52 AM

God what an awful week. The only person I can tolerate watching out of that bunch is Amy Poehler.

Monday is a disgrace

Tuesday is a total disgrace

Wednesday will be Two Tons coronating Jill as the rightful heir to First Ladyum

by Anonymousreply 365May 5, 2019 12:47 PM

I love Sherri.

by Anonymousreply 366May 5, 2019 6:04 PM

Any way of getting this sent to Meghan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367May 5, 2019 6:12 PM

Can we discuss how hot Sunny's husband is? Is he Cuban or Puerto Rican? I forgot.

by Anonymousreply 368May 6, 2019 8:56 AM

He’s a bit short and squat. He’s Puerto Rican.

by Anonymousreply 369May 6, 2019 11:21 AM

Sonny saidher hubby has the uncut pinga.

by Anonymousreply 370May 6, 2019 11:46 AM

I thought he looked slim that one time I saw him on the show.

by Anonymousreply 371May 6, 2019 2:28 PM

Monday morning tension! First Whoopi imitates Megan's bratty delivery (Megan did NOT appreciate that!) and later this brief exchange:

Megan (referring to Abby): "She's NOT stupid!"

Sunny (pointedly): "I do not think that anyone sitting at this table is stupid."

by Anonymousreply 372May 6, 2019 3:21 PM

Fuck the Setoodeh book for staying away from the shit show that THE VIEW must be behind-the-scenes now.

by Anonymousreply 373May 6, 2019 3:29 PM

So the beast gets to introduce all repugs and throw to commercial during their interviews. She's just as obnoxious when she's trying to be all smiley talk show hosty.

Thanks r372 for posting the exchange, I couldn't quite make out what Sunny said.

by Anonymousreply 374May 6, 2019 3:33 PM

Who F&F'd the OP into oblivion? lol.

Hey, Meghan, it's called a segment, not a segway. You had one job...

by Anonymousreply 375May 6, 2019 3:41 PM

This guy is vomitous.

by Anonymousreply 376May 6, 2019 3:48 PM

So for all the hoopla about the beast bringing ratings, no Emmy win for The View. Now can they sack her?

by Anonymousreply 377May 6, 2019 3:50 PM

which guy?

by Anonymousreply 378May 6, 2019 3:50 PM

R372 I also got a kick out of the glare Joy shot Meghan after she said that! It completely read, “this bitch...”

by Anonymousreply 379May 6, 2019 4:14 PM

Another one of Meeghan's annoying habits -- answering questions of behalf of the guests. I forget which question was asked of Sen. Eyepatch, but even before he had a chance to respond, Meeghan jumped in with a Republican Talking Point. And speaking of which, this guy was full of them. Loved when he spoke of the need to update the immigration process to allow legals in - this AFTER Trump has closed legal ports of entries, reduced immigration courts and judges, etc. Basically doing anything and everything to destroy the existing system with no changes in place. Then there was overall non-condemnation of Trump (nice backstepping on this guy's call for civility in politics)

by Anonymousreply 380May 6, 2019 4:15 PM

r380...He is a Congressman...Dan Crenshaw.

At least Joy was trying to correct him....but the minute he started with "Trump is tough on Russia " bullshit, she should have started rattling off things hes done...lifting sanctions, allowing Deripaska to have his money and operations in the US, refusing election cyber security, etc...

by Anonymousreply 381May 6, 2019 4:39 PM

r375 - It's weird. A lot of threads... especially the "part 2, 3, 4" threads get FF'ed out. Not sure what the issue is. If you change your setting to asbestos eyeballs, the greying out goes away.

by Anonymousreply 382May 6, 2019 6:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 6, 2019 8:38 PM

Her husband looks so much like her in that picture he could pass for a brother. Same squinty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 384May 6, 2019 10:27 PM

I'm actually glad the daily mail tv show won the Emmy. They're never afraid to air stuff like they did about Meghan and her shady family.

by Anonymousreply 385May 6, 2019 10:46 PM

He sounds like a total jerk. They deserve each other.

He found himself in the line of fire in 2010 when he wrote an article for CBS and asserted that Supreme Court Justice nominee Elena Kagan was potentially the 'first openly gay justice.'

But when the White House fiercely pushed back and denied that Kagan was gay, he added an addendum stating: 'I have to correct my text here to say that Kagan is apparently still closeted — odd, because her female partner is rather well known in Harvard circles.'

His story proved to be erroneous and numerous reports that followed confirmed that Kagan was not gay. Ben was forced to issue a public apology to Kagan if, he wrote, 'she is offended at all by my repetition of a Harvard rumor in a speculative blog post.'

Ben found himself in trouble again in 2013 after it was disclosed that he had received $36,000 from a conservative lobbyist named Joshua Trevino to write favorable propaganda pieces about the Malaysian government without disclosing the payment.

by Anonymousreply 386May 7, 2019 12:55 AM

Would be great if all of that stuff at R386 was brought up whenever Meghan got snippy.

by Anonymousreply 387May 7, 2019 1:28 AM

With two loudmouth cunts like that, their divorce is going to be juicy.

by Anonymousreply 388May 7, 2019 1:30 AM

She and her husband are the most repulsive couple. They look like two fat squinty eyed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 389May 7, 2019 1:53 AM

Joy was very dismissive of the win. Wish she would have blurted out "We're never gonna win with you know who on the panel. Just sayin'".

by Anonymousreply 390May 7, 2019 2:13 AM

Sunny really got into it with Crenshaw. I thought she was going to back down since he was the guest & she doesn't tend to fight all the way through - but that was pretty good. Unfortunately, the two of them were quoting completely different stats about the kids who come across the border though, so the argument really had no point.

by Anonymousreply 391May 7, 2019 2:19 AM

Thanks, R382. I'll check my settings but I've lost the ability to use WW, F&F, and IGNORE. They are no longer visible on the screen. I think those of us who use an ad blocker are being punished. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 392May 7, 2019 3:50 AM

Whoopi thinks John Ritter defines campy. What should one expect from someone who has spent her life dressing like a depressed bum?

by Anonymousreply 393May 7, 2019 3:05 PM

Whoopi doesn’t know the difference between camp and slapstick.

by Anonymousreply 394May 7, 2019 3:25 PM

Joe worshiping at the altar of John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 395May 7, 2019 3:26 PM

I enjoy watching the old clips of The View from the 08 election and hearing the hosts tear apart McCain’s positions. I wonder if Meghan hate watches Joy bashing daddy while she stuffs her face with wings and fries.

by Anonymousreply 396May 7, 2019 3:28 PM

A day without the mention of John McCain is like a day without sunshine.. for moogan and The View. gag...

by Anonymousreply 397May 7, 2019 3:38 PM

A compilation of Sunny smacking down the beast over the past two years and Bothsides Abby too. I haven't been giving Sunny enough credit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398May 8, 2019 1:14 AM

Meghan is scheduled to be on Seth Myers tonight. He's a political junkie so it should be interesting to see what type of questions he has prepared for the face of the Conservative movement, lol.

by Anonymousreply 399May 8, 2019 4:14 AM

Sorry, Seth. It's Meyers.

by Anonymousreply 400May 8, 2019 4:15 AM

Here she is ruining one of my favorite shows. She says Seth was so nice to her when she interned on SNL, they both went on to wonder if she had no bad experiences as an intern because of her dad or because she's a "tough chick" or what, real head scratcher.... She says she'll always "love and respect" Lindsey Graham. Seth did go on to challenge her on Ilhan Omar and she got testy, glad he didn't let her off easy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401May 8, 2019 11:27 AM

It's so annoying how she's suddenly like 'NOBODY hates Trump like I do!!' in the last few months, since his recent spat at her father.

Because before that, she refused to criticise him, defended all his policies, distracted from his public scandals etc.

Of course he'd already made fun of her father then too, it's just that all of a sudden she's acting like she's been against him the whole time. On The View the other week she even said she didn't vote for him in 2016 when she clearly did and previously alluded to that in one of her monologues about how republicans are 'tribal'.

by Anonymousreply 402May 8, 2019 12:02 PM

What did we do to deserve her indeed. Everyone with an IQ over 20 knows she got her breaks through her parent’s connections just like Jonah Hill and his sister and Ben Platt and countless others. No need for her to “wonder”. Unfortunately she has no talent and nothing to offer us as we are forced to endure her mug on TV yet again. Sunny is better qualified to be on Colbert, Maher, Meyers etc.. and yet she doesn’t get as much press. One thing though I hope she doesn’t get too cocky about how much daddy can save her from unpleasantness. Sinatra’s daughter was stalked by a boyfriend, there’s a limit to how much protection a powerful father can give a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 403May 8, 2019 1:16 PM

The glaring difference between John McCain's daughter's face and neck is amusing. Thank you Makeup Dept.

by Anonymousreply 404May 8, 2019 3:15 PM

Did Whoopi just say that when she walks, she has to kick her beef curtains out of the way???

by Anonymousreply 405May 8, 2019 3:18 PM

R403.. So true! Her protector daddy is gone.. and the aura of being McCain's daughter will wear very thin with her nastiness and attitude.

by Anonymousreply 406May 8, 2019 5:02 PM

^^..will only take her so far..^^

by Anonymousreply 407May 8, 2019 5:03 PM

Her husbear, Ben, went off of a tirade about Moogan's appearance on Seth's show last night.

Went off the rails, multiple tweets, and finally a take down with an apology.

Pure PR grandstanding bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408May 8, 2019 5:08 PM

"I'm a tough chick."^^^^ on video... hahaha

by Anonymousreply 409May 8, 2019 5:13 PM

Then I shall call her Flank Steak, r409.

by Anonymousreply 410May 8, 2019 5:25 PM

The internet never forgets Ben

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411May 8, 2019 5:57 PM

NEVER FORGETS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412May 8, 2019 5:58 PM

Ben's little housegay sticking up for him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413May 8, 2019 6:02 PM

Sent a couple of the news items above as well as the one below to the show's Twitter account, asking them to make it a Hot Topic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414May 8, 2019 6:58 PM

“Are you her publicist? Are you her press person, are you the daughter of John McCain?” McCain fired back.

by Anonymousreply 415May 8, 2019 7:02 PM

Two hothead assholes.. Ben and moogan. Wow.. in R414's posts. Like his bitch wife, he has an uncontrolled volatile anger. I can imagine the fights those two have. and maybe he could be abusive toward her. I wouldn't be surprised if he is controlling.

by Anonymousreply 416May 8, 2019 7:11 PM

Since “Seth” is recorded in the afternoon, Meg must have come home to Ben to bitch about how she was treated. Then the two stewed until late night when the show aired. And that’s when Ben did his tweeter tirade. She was probably sitting next to him, telling him what to tweet.

And those juvenile insults were the best that they could come up with.

by Anonymousreply 417May 8, 2019 7:54 PM

Well, the both act like petulant children r417.

by Anonymousreply 418May 8, 2019 7:55 PM

The Beast's nazi husband went on a twitter rant against Seth Meyers, his since deleted tweets are in this The Daily Beast article (how appropriate). In one of the tweets he says Seth "gargled Lorne Michael's balls" to get his job and in another calls him a "cuck".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 8, 2019 7:57 PM

It also goes to show that Meghan can't defend her positions off the cuff and requires time to research or shall I say have her research producer gather facts that support only her side of an argument, THEN, she needs to have notecards to which to read from.

by Anonymousreply 420May 8, 2019 8:00 PM

^^^^Sorry didn't see this was already posted, my page wasn't refreshed. Worth repeating over and over though.

by Anonymousreply 421May 8, 2019 8:01 PM

Vomit. Any man who uses the word “cuck” is a certified douchebag of the highest order.

by Anonymousreply 422May 8, 2019 9:46 PM

Fox News just aired the Seth Meyers clip and they are vigorously defending poor Megan

by Anonymousreply 423May 8, 2019 9:50 PM

Hopefully, Seth will now make her a laughing stock on a nightly basis. Let's see how long Fox...I mean ABC ignores it. At the very least, SNL should parody it. Viciously.

by Anonymousreply 424May 8, 2019 9:52 PM

I wish the mothership (Fox News) would summon her home already.

Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex Girlfriend) was also an Intern at SNL and she told a story on Seth's show awhile back about how she got Seth the wrong salad once and he was NOT PLEASED. I guess Rachel doesn't have a famous father. John McCain's intern daughter has the head writer Seth helping her arrange magazines and expects to be kow towed to for life.

Side note: Rachel also said Alec Baldwin was very nice to her and insisted she take his limo when she was going out in a snow storm to get everyone coffee.

by Anonymousreply 425May 8, 2019 10:01 PM

R417, she stays in NYC five days a week and he lives in DC. She occasionally does This Week with George Stephanopoulos on Sundays because she goes home on the weekends and This Week is filmed in DC. That being said I'm astounded at Ben's tirade against Seth. Meghan is a paid political pundit (not analyst, lol) and she should be prepared for hardball questions. I actually thought Seth was being way too apologetic in tone when he was asking her about Lindsey Graham and Rep Omar, etc.

by Anonymousreply 426May 8, 2019 10:29 PM

Also R426, for as much as I can't stand Mooghan, one thing I've never thought is that she's a shrinking flower who needs someone to fight her battles. Homegirl and that megaphone in her throat are fine on their own.

by Anonymousreply 427May 8, 2019 10:32 PM

Her husband sounds like a witless little douchebag and any gay(s) that are his friends/defenders should be kicked out of the gay club along with the rest of those boot licker Log Cabin idiots.

by Anonymousreply 428May 8, 2019 11:00 PM

Why was she bothering to go on his show in the first place, especially if Ben hates him?

by Anonymousreply 429May 8, 2019 11:00 PM

I think she expected him to coddle her since Lorne Michaels is EP and her dad's old friend.

by Anonymousreply 430May 8, 2019 11:16 PM

SNL is not gonna touch it. The subject of Israel is way too delicate for them.

by Anonymousreply 431May 9, 2019 12:47 AM

Was Meghan's appearance on Seth's show mentioned on The View today? If not, I wonder if she'll mention it on Tuesday. The panel usually loves to tout their appearances.

by Anonymousreply 432May 9, 2019 3:03 AM

Love the Daily Mail article about Mcbeast's absence. It's clear the staff hates her guts.

by Anonymousreply 433May 9, 2019 6:59 AM

Wondering if Meghan will take a sick day today.

by Anonymousreply 434May 9, 2019 11:50 AM

Someone on Twitter called Meghan a political Kardashian.

😂

by Anonymousreply 435May 9, 2019 2:54 PM

I want someone to call Meghan out for bragging about being a longtime "gay advocate" and Trevor Award winner, and then being married to such a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 436May 9, 2019 3:06 PM

Good point Joy, every country has mentally ill people, why don't they have the mass shootings we do?

by Anonymousreply 437May 9, 2019 3:07 PM

They have stabbings, R437.

by Anonymousreply 438May 9, 2019 3:08 PM

As horrible as stabbings are, there is usually much less carnage, than with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 439May 9, 2019 3:14 PM

moogan's face is a shade of orange today... like dump.

by Anonymousreply 440May 9, 2019 3:38 PM

Ann Hathaway is annoying..

by Anonymousreply 441May 9, 2019 3:40 PM

Ann Hathaway is the absolute worst. Can you imagine having to spend an hour with her? Her poor child.

by Anonymousreply 442May 9, 2019 3:43 PM

.. A phony "goody two shoes"... blaah..

by Anonymousreply 443May 9, 2019 3:46 PM

I'll take AnnE over Meghan. Imagine what kind of mother she'll be.

"Did you kiss Grandpa's picture 5 times this morning???"

by Anonymousreply 444May 9, 2019 4:38 PM

Whoop was gone for the Anne segment but came back for the suicide segment.

Bad blood?

by Anonymousreply 445May 9, 2019 5:49 PM

One of the most important issues missing from this morning's discussion about guns and school shootings - the NRA and its continual fight against any and all common-sense gun control attempts. Doesn't help that one of Meshan's "best friends" is the NRA spokesperson.

by Anonymousreply 446May 9, 2019 6:47 PM

I grew up in Ireland and we have a very high mental illness rate, really poor services for such people, one of the highest suicide rates in Europe and shootings are almost non existent (outside gangland feuds) and stabbings also rare and usually domestics. Touch wood, there is no issue with violence in schools. Having observed both cultures there is something “off” in American males but I can never quite find the words to describe it. It’s a more muscular and militant masculinity while also being more insecure. Other ex pats notice the same, especially those who are now raising young boys in America but no one can sum up what it actually is.

by Anonymousreply 447May 9, 2019 7:03 PM

Whoop did not want anyone to say that BOTH won supporting actress Oscars r445.

by Anonymousreply 448May 9, 2019 7:07 PM

Strange since typically Whoopi loves opportunities to fawn over her good friends, the REAL celebrities like her fellow award-winning movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 449May 9, 2019 7:14 PM

Rebel Wilson annoys me too so that movie they’re in would be torturous but when I first saw a trailer I had a spilt second of terror because I thought Meghan McCain had landed an acting job.

by Anonymousreply 450May 9, 2019 7:25 PM

"mental health" is nothing but a red herring to distract from actual gun laws. Remember, THE VERY FIRST OFFICIAL ACT TRUMP TOOK WAS TO REPEAL OBAMAS BAN ON THE MENTALLY ILL BUYING GUNS...AND THE GOP APPLAUDED. So any republican that says we need better mental health screening for guns is full of shit and parroting a talking point from the NRA to avoid real regulations.

by Anonymousreply 451May 9, 2019 8:42 PM

Meghan going on about that young boy “loving America” and being a patriot. Sigh. Is her mind just one jumble of GOP talking points.

by Anonymousreply 452May 9, 2019 8:53 PM

451, absofuckinglutely.

Mooghan wallowing in her grief might as well have shot those kids herself.

Her dad's NRA contributions were through the roof.

When will she be called out for it.

by Anonymousreply 453May 9, 2019 8:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 9, 2019 11:49 PM

^^^Translation: She will either be introducing a new boyfriend soon or some tabloid is gettin ready to do it for her.

by Anonymousreply 455May 9, 2019 11:52 PM

R454 of course not! That's Meg's role!

by Anonymousreply 456May 10, 2019 12:04 AM

Megan made that woman’s grief over the suicide of her ex-husband about herself. Megan is the one who needs mental health treatment.

by Anonymousreply 457May 10, 2019 12:35 AM

R457 Everything is about Meghan. EVERYTHING!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 458May 10, 2019 12:37 AM

It bothers me the producers seem to protect her when she or her family are in the news. She's a paid political pundit and her job is to discuss news topics yet they ignore front page news because she can't handle it or she refuses to acknowledge her family may be under investigation.

She was off for two days when news broke about her FIL and when her husband went on that unbelievably unprofessional tirade nothing was discussed on The View. Where is the line drawn? If you're a news show you must be professional and acknowledge when you or a family member become the news. I'm uncomfortable watching this show when she or her family have some new scandal because they refuse to discuss the elephant in the room (no political or weight pun intended.) As far as I'm concerned The View has lost all credibility and they should no longer be part of the ABC News division. Sell your crappy wares and discuss gossip but don't pretend to be the show where nothing is off-topic.

by Anonymousreply 459May 10, 2019 12:56 AM

So I'm guessing Seth Meyers won't be coming on The View anytime soon?

by Anonymousreply 460May 10, 2019 1:44 AM

Meghan’s husband has the alcoholic bloats.

by Anonymousreply 461May 10, 2019 2:30 AM

Someone here once linked to his Twitter account and I remember scanning his tweets and many were sent during the middle of the night. I suppose he has a lot of time on his hands and if he has a bottle in one of those hands while tweeting this is the result.

It seems as if anything goes today. The tweets he sent about Seth would have gotten any legitimate journalist fired within seconds of those tweets hitting the internet. These internet-created journalists just keep lowering the bar yet there never seem to be any consequences for their abhorrent behavior.

by Anonymousreply 462May 10, 2019 2:42 AM

Whoopi is the guest on Andy Cohens show. No surprise that she is very boring and is blowing off all of Andy’s questions about BTS dirt at the View.

by Anonymousreply 463May 10, 2019 3:15 AM

Watching now - wow, Whoopi is dodging every single question. She's doing the whole "I don't really care...I'm too chill.... I don't really talk about work..." - yeah BS.

by Anonymousreply 464May 10, 2019 6:37 AM

Even though I hate her on The View and the book made her look bad (well, she makes herself look bad lol), to be honest her answer on WWHL actually made sense. That what happens at work stays at work and isn't for everyone else to know, she doesn't like "talkin' outta school".

I liked that she said "I didn't wanna talk to the guy"... you can tell Whoopi has been around the block long enough to know an opportunist or someone out to expose people when she sees one. Obviously that comes from being a lot more famous than the others, too. It's the lessers like Jenny McCarthy and Sherri and Meghan who couln't WAIT to be interviewed and spill the beans. They probably felt honoured someone wanted to publish their thoughts, or that it would cement their legacy in a way.

Well it turns out that the other ladies all got 'got' by Ramin Setoodeh (except for his friend Meghan). You have the main co-hosts pretending the book never happened and not mentioning it at all (except desperate Jenny on her radio show), and even Sherri admitting on Wendy Williams that he kind of tricked her and the book wasn't what she thought it would be.

by Anonymousreply 465May 10, 2019 10:19 AM

I'm tired of hearing about Whoopi's clothing line, can someone make it stop, please.

by Anonymousreply 466May 10, 2019 1:21 PM

What? Whoopi has a clothing line? Whose bright idea was that? What's next...the Courtney Love Rehab Centers of America?

by Anonymousreply 467May 10, 2019 1:55 PM

Sunny and her kids are on Rachel Ray right now.

by Anonymousreply 468May 10, 2019 2:17 PM

Whoopie does those hideous Christmas sweaters line. She also has a line of shoes. You see the shoes she wears... lol!

by Anonymousreply 469May 10, 2019 2:50 PM

The Beast is out "sick", Tara Setmayer guest co hosting, no Ana either.

by Anonymousreply 470May 10, 2019 3:02 PM

It's Abby's last day, Yay!

by Anonymousreply 471May 10, 2019 3:02 PM

and she's coming back after maternity leave, UGH.

by Anonymousreply 472May 10, 2019 3:04 PM

Do we need a prayer circle around Mooghan? She’s out everytime there is controversy about the husband and his father.

by Anonymousreply 473May 10, 2019 3:28 PM

Such a "tough chick" that John McCain's daughter.

I would think she would have used up all her PTO with her 60 Day Bereavement Leave.

by Anonymousreply 474May 10, 2019 3:35 PM

LOL, Ciara said that her inspiration for her Met Gala outfit was "Diana Ross, 54 Club"

by Anonymousreply 475May 10, 2019 3:46 PM

It just looks awkward when a guest comes out and the hosts either all don't stand to greet them or some do and some don't. I understand the chairs are high and a pain to get in and out of and Joy is not a spring chicken and Abby is pregnant but they should either have the guest already seated when they come back from break or get lower chairs or a sofa or something to work this out.

by Anonymousreply 476May 10, 2019 3:47 PM

I've always hated watching a guest come out and hug each and every host. They do this on The Talk as well.

And I can't figure out the reasoning behind the guests who do get to come out and hug versus the guests who are already seated.

Everyone should be already seated, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 477May 10, 2019 4:10 PM

R477 Agreed. They should already be seated. That would save all that wasted dead airtime of clapping and hugging everyone. They always seem shocked when they run out of time for a segment (what, we have to go already??). Well eliminating all the walking out and fake hugs would give them additional time for real stuff.

by Anonymousreply 478May 10, 2019 4:55 PM

When a guest would come out and linger on each co-host Barbara would try to cut short the intro-hugging. She used to tell the guest they would have no time left for the interview if they continued on with long hugs and chats with each co-host.

by Anonymousreply 479May 10, 2019 7:20 PM

I'm reading that Amy Poehler said in her book that Seth Meyers is her best friend, now we know why tough chick MEghan called out sick today....

by Anonymousreply 480May 10, 2019 10:34 PM

Ahhhh.

by Anonymousreply 481May 10, 2019 10:43 PM

Maybe her husband will get drunk again tonight and call Poehler a cuck Queen on Twitter. I would enjoy that because Poehler would destroy him in a verbal head to head.

by Anonymousreply 482May 10, 2019 11:43 PM

Meghan McCain, John McCain's daughter, is the very definition of toxic femininity

Daughter of the late senator has made herself the authority on antisemitism. Did we mention she’s John McCain’s daughter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483May 11, 2019 2:15 PM

Thanks for posting r483, that Guardian article is perfect, spot on description of John McCain's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 484May 11, 2019 2:46 PM

I wonder if she can go a week without mentioning Daddy. Yeah, bitch, we all have fathers, it ain't that big a deal at some point in our lives.

by Anonymousreply 485May 11, 2019 2:50 PM

Fathers Day is going to be PityPalooza for her.

by Anonymousreply 486May 11, 2019 4:00 PM

^^^Oh good grief...I hadn't even thought about Fathers Day and how she'll make that all about her too...hope Mrs. Tough Chick doesn't use up all her sick days by then and just takes Friday before and Monday after off and spares us all her self indulgence.

by Anonymousreply 487May 11, 2019 4:22 PM

I feel bad for Abby. This damn show lives to celebrate every minutiae of the co-hosts' lives yet they didn't give Abby an on-air going away party and Whoopi and Meghan didn't even bother to show up on her last day. Abby deserved better.

Oh, and Ciara is one of the most self-involved celebrity airheads to come along in quite some time. MEMEMEMEMEME!!!!

by Anonymousreply 488May 11, 2019 8:50 PM

R488, how many parties does Abby need? He recently had a baby shower and then a birthday show.

by Anonymousreply 489May 11, 2019 8:58 PM

They've been throwing her a lot of parties so we can remember she exists. When she talks it's easy to forget that anything is happening on screen, so having the others celebrate her is a way to make her more memorable for the audiences.

by Anonymousreply 490May 11, 2019 9:15 PM

It will be a nice break from Bothsides. She will, of course, show up on a remote call with the newborns.

by Anonymousreply 491May 11, 2019 9:16 PM

Screw "Both Sides" Abby and her future Republican spawn and MeAgain should be fired just for being married to a homophobic douche bag.

by Anonymousreply 492May 11, 2019 9:18 PM

I like Abby so I will miss her presence. I wonder why Meghan was out. Again.

by Anonymousreply 493May 11, 2019 9:18 PM

I like Abby too.

by Anonymousreply 494May 11, 2019 9:38 PM

What's the use of wonderin', r493? He's her fella and she loves him

That's all there is to that

by Anonymousreply 495May 12, 2019 12:17 AM

R495, I just don't understand why she's constantly allowed to call out (in?) sick because her family is in the news. It's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 496May 12, 2019 1:00 AM

You've never seen Carousel, have you?

by Anonymousreply 497May 12, 2019 1:02 AM

R497, are you telling me John McCain is coming back to earth as an angel in order to guide his daughter? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 498May 12, 2019 2:40 AM

Abby is so wishy washy, seems like a people pleaser and isn’t the sharpest so I feel like when she grows up she could go either way. She’ll end up far right or far left. What’s her husband like, does he have strong political views?

by Anonymousreply 499May 12, 2019 8:49 AM

R499 Apparently Meghan's husband abused Abby's husband when he found out he voted for Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 500May 12, 2019 10:10 AM

Abby's political views are how most level-headed people approach politics. Not everyone is a rabid Conservative or a far-left Liberal. She can see both sides of an issue.

She grew up in a Mormon household yet denounced the religion because of the way they treated LGB.

Stats from 10/17 on political affiliation in the USA: As of October 2017, Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrat, 24% identified as Republican, and 42% as Independent.[3] Additionally, polling showed that 46% are either "Democrats or Democratic leaners" and 39% are either "Republicans or Republican leaners" when Independents are asked, "do you lean more to the Democratic Party or the Republican Party?"

by Anonymousreply 501May 12, 2019 6:05 PM

Why are we pretending Abby is anything other than a hardcore conservative? She grew up in a mormon, Utah military family. Her father ran for president as a Republican. He's a trump loyalist and helps cover up tracks with Russia. Almost all her views are in line with conservative policy.

Not to mention her constantly blaming democrats for everything whenever someone criticises the Trump administration, her random pro-life delusions ("AOC WANTS TO EXTERMINATE THE HUMAN RACE!!! HOW EXTREME"), and her DAILY - and I do mean daily - sassy retort that "if the democrats think they're going to beat Trump with this, then good luck to them."

She's as red as Me-again. Just not as much of a psychotic nazi about it.

by Anonymousreply 502May 12, 2019 6:18 PM

Mon 5/13: Sen Tom Cotton (R-AR)

Tues 5/14: Beto O'Rourke

Wed 5/15: Craig Ferguson, Yara Shahidi

Thurs 5/16: Howard Stern

Fri 5/17: Sen Amy Klobuchar

by Anonymousreply 503May 12, 2019 7:44 PM

None of Seth Meyer's SNL pals are on this week so ToughChickMcCain won't need to call in sick.

Has Howard Stern ever said anything about her that would cause the tough chick to call in sick?

by Anonymousreply 504May 12, 2019 8:13 PM

R502, she criticizes Trump more often than not. She is married to a Hillary supporter and she has denounced her religion. The only time I've seen her show genuine anger was when Joy and Sunny were putting out false information about Russia they had heard somewhere. She knew the true story because her father is Ambassador to Russia, as you know, so she set them straight.

People who have open minds evolve when they see an issue from a different perspective so I don't know why you're so hell-bent on stereotyping her. Isn't that what we fight against?

by Anonymousreply 505May 12, 2019 8:35 PM

R505 Huh? I used her own words and her own quotes. If there's a stereotype in that, then it's her stereotyping herself.

Denounced her religion? I haven't seen that. She's barely criticised Trump at all, unless he was disrespecting military families or something. She's one of Ivanka's best friends, and the Trumps even text her after PR disasters (as she has mentioned on The View) and give her exclusives.

Maybe she fooled you with her "can't we all just get along" schtick but most of us can read between the lines.

by Anonymousreply 506May 12, 2019 8:50 PM

Wow, Klobuchar on Friday.

This is a woman who needs upper lid blepharoplasty STAT!

She looks like she is chronically narcoleptic.

One of the first to drop out.

by Anonymousreply 507May 12, 2019 10:17 PM

R506, she criticized Trump earlier this week. She has said on the show she left the Mormon church. Fooled me? Maybe I'm not as paranoid as you because I don't think of someone with sometimes differing views as the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 508May 12, 2019 10:22 PM

I know very little about Mormons and have never been to Utah, do they tend to be military people? Is Utah guns, flags and religion (a mix I’ll never wrap my head around) like the Bible Belt?

Meghan’s husband sounds like a hot tempered, dominant asshat. I wonder how he feels about being second to daddy McCain? I think they married quickly so John could be at the wedding, I don’t see them lasting.

by Anonymousreply 509May 12, 2019 10:33 PM

I agree with those who think Ben may be an alcoholic. His features always look puffy and bloated.

Still, he should know better than to imbibe and then let loose on Twitter. If he wants to be taken seriously as an editor and news panelist he needs to stay the hell away from the internet when he's wasted. That goes for 99% of the idiot celeb tweeters as well.

by Anonymousreply 510May 12, 2019 10:56 PM

Beto betta get more airtime soon. Many news items are saying he's fading fast among the batch of Dems running for 2020.

by Anonymousreply 511May 13, 2019 12:50 AM

r511, nothing really important happens after debate qualification until the actual first debate.

I'm wondering what happens if Stacie Adams skips the first debate and then announces her candidacy? Will the second debates have higher standards? Will she game the system and wait till after the first group drops out?

by Anonymousreply 512May 13, 2019 1:08 AM

R512 I actually don't think that's a bad idea, to wait until the field disperses. Plus Stacey already has some name recognition unlike say, Pete when he first announced.

All the current dems announced too close together, and all the focus (predictably) landed on the one who waited it out. Of course much of that is because he's Joe Biden, but still it was way too easy to wash them all out of the public consciousness to such an extent.

by Anonymousreply 513May 13, 2019 2:17 AM

R505, your description of Abby is almost unrecognizable. You’ve painted her as someone who’s discovering that she’s a Democrat, and that’s bullshit.

When she criticizes Trump, it’s usually followed by some knock on a Democrat. She plays butwhatabout ENDLESSLY and she’s CLEARLY a republican who supports republicans policies and treats Trump more like an annoyance than a threat to this country.

by Anonymousreply 514May 13, 2019 4:07 AM

I think anyone who enters the race after the debates have begun clearly doesn't give a shit abot voters. We have a right to hear someone's platform and ideas debated and vetted.

by Anonymousreply 515May 13, 2019 5:12 AM

R514, she just said on the show a week or so ago she tends to lean liberal when it comes to social issues. On Monday's(?) show she called Trump the lowest form of human (paraphrasing) I don't even remember what they were discussing but it was the first Hot Topic. I'm not trying to paint her as anything I'm just tired of hearing Bothsiderism yelled every time she highlights both sides of an issue.

by Anonymousreply 516May 13, 2019 5:33 AM

Which is every day.

by Anonymousreply 517May 13, 2019 7:16 AM

Oh, please R517. You have Joy to give the obvious Progressive view. Whoopi for the grouchy/celeb ass-kissing view. Meghan for the Ben wrote my blue card notes for me view. Sunny for the socially Conservative yet votes Democratic view and Ana for the always reliable I hate Trump view with a mandatory joke and rimshot. Abby doesn't give a predictable knee-jerk response according to her supposed political leanings so what the hell is so bad about that?

by Anonymousreply 518May 13, 2019 7:28 AM

Just by reading ths comments about Abby, it's obvious that the hatred toward her stems from tribalism -- we must hate 'other' because it is 'other'.

by Anonymousreply 519May 13, 2019 2:15 PM

Wonder if they will discuss Constance Wu and Fresh Off The Boat...

by Anonymousreply 520May 13, 2019 3:06 PM

This abortion conversation is a doozy.

by Anonymousreply 521May 13, 2019 3:09 PM

Ana just described Cheeto as "cheeto" and "has a squirrel tail on his head", gotta love Ana.

I wish Abby would stay home with her brood permanently and Ana would be in that seat permanently.

by Anonymousreply 522May 13, 2019 3:23 PM

Mooghan shut up after Whoopi told her not to tell her what to believe. The Mooghan didn’t say a word during segment two. She just sat and stewed over being shut down. Oh poor Mooghan. No one listens to her.

by Anonymousreply 523May 13, 2019 3:24 PM

Mrs. Domenech talking about Constance Wu's "impulsive" tweeting, lol, that's rich.

by Anonymousreply 524May 13, 2019 3:31 PM

R524 I was thinking the same thing,

by Anonymousreply 525May 13, 2019 3:40 PM

No mention of Doris Day ?....they dont have a problem talking about when some nobody hood rat rapper dies.

by Anonymousreply 526May 13, 2019 4:00 PM

It was wonderful watching Mooghan make the entire first segment about her, until Whoopie cut to commercial and then she shut the fuck up (finally). She could make a conversation about lamps and window shades about her and her father.

by Anonymousreply 527May 13, 2019 4:52 PM

Sunny always says she is pro-life because of her Catholic faith, yet she is totally pro-gay rights. I don't get that.

by Anonymousreply 528May 13, 2019 7:02 PM

She is also a self confessed feminist which is a big no no to the Catholic Church. My family brings home the magazines distributed by the church and even in 2019, the 3 big scares are feminists, gays and abortion. She’s doing a lot of mental gymnastics to be a working, financially independent mom of only 2 children who supports gay rights and feminist causes but draws the line at women having the right to chose.

by Anonymousreply 529May 13, 2019 7:10 PM

It's always irritating when Meeghan, like many other in the GOP, fail to see the irony of them proclaiming they want the government out of people's lives so people are free to do what they want but, at the same time, say they want women not to have the CHOICE to have an abortion. As Whoopi as often mentioned, having the choice doesn't mean someone who doesn't want an abortion will be forced to have one, but if the GOP has their way, the opposite is certainly true.

by Anonymousreply 530May 13, 2019 7:49 PM

Sunny is not against a woman's right to choose, r529, as she explained today. She is pro life for herself, in every sense of the word (against death penalty, for gun control, etc.). It's pretty ideologically consistant.

by Anonymousreply 531May 13, 2019 7:50 PM

If you are ok with even one abortion for one person under one set of circumstances, for all intents and purposes, you are Pro Choice. Sunny is free to label herself how ever she’d like, but she is Pro Choice.

by Anonymousreply 532May 13, 2019 8:02 PM

Whoopi to Megan about abortion laws: “I don’t want you to tell me or what my family can do with our bodies.”

Megan responded with silent stank face.

If she had even an ounce of integrity, she would have responded to Whoopi with, “Well I DO want to tell you and your family what you can do with your bodies!”

But she didn’t because Megan is a fucking spineless wimp.

by Anonymousreply 533May 13, 2019 8:06 PM

Meghan totally silent about China tariffs because Republicans always tank the economy.

by Anonymousreply 534May 13, 2019 8:29 PM

Do you think Moo has met a toilet that she couldn't clog?

by Anonymousreply 535May 13, 2019 8:44 PM

Right R526!? No mention at all.. even Peggy Lipton. I was surprised. Doris was a true icon.

by Anonymousreply 536May 13, 2019 8:46 PM

They will mention Doris Day tomorrow, probably when they can put together a quick photo tribute etc. on the screen behind them (they're notoriously bad at this). Whoopi and Joy are huge classical film fans. And i'm sure they'll throw in a quick word for Peg Lipton too.

Abby used to be anti-choice AND pro-life, but a year or two back she said that even though she's still pro-life for herself, Whoopi changed her mind and (kind of) convinced her that women should have the right to decide for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 537May 13, 2019 8:56 PM

You can’t tell me if Meghan was raped, she and her husband would keep the kid and live as one happy family.

by Anonymousreply 538May 13, 2019 9:06 PM

Megan has the means to fly off to another country under the cover of night to get an abortion that no one in the US would ever know about. That's all that Megan cares about: herself.

by Anonymousreply 539May 13, 2019 9:11 PM

Exactly R539. Abortion is bad "for the poors".

Is there any non-Palin example of a prominent Rightwinger keeping an inconvenient pregnancy? What are the odds of that?

by Anonymousreply 540May 13, 2019 9:29 PM

I can't think of any, R539.

by Anonymousreply 541May 13, 2019 9:38 PM

Her lack of warmth and all round abrasive personality makes it so that even when she does a plug for foster care the applause is weak because that's just what she brings out in people.

by Anonymousreply 542May 14, 2019 3:12 PM

I'm waiting to see if Doris Day, and Peggy Lipton are mentioned... waiting.. waiting....

by Anonymousreply 543May 14, 2019 3:16 PM

Ok... Whoopi is talking about Doris and Peggy now..

by Anonymousreply 544May 14, 2019 3:17 PM

Beto... I'm not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 545May 14, 2019 3:30 PM

I'm not impressed either, not even a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 546May 14, 2019 3:33 PM

He tries too hard... and the usual talking points.

by Anonymousreply 547May 14, 2019 3:35 PM

Fucking reparations again... Sunny, get off that shit.

by Anonymousreply 548May 14, 2019 3:38 PM

So...so...so...so...so...

Beto the Apologist. Another candidate who keeps apologizing for being born White. The cover of Vanity Fair = privilege? Tell to Lena Waithe who was featured on the cover. The final nail in the coffin was naming your son Ulysses (unless it's a family name.) What a pretentious ass.

by Anonymousreply 549May 14, 2019 3:38 PM

He makes me feel anxious..

by Anonymousreply 550May 14, 2019 3:41 PM

Beto needs another 10 years to ripen. He’s not ready for this.

by Anonymousreply 551May 14, 2019 3:42 PM

^^Agreed^^

by Anonymousreply 552May 14, 2019 3:48 PM

"51 percent of immigrant-led households in the United States are enrolled in one or more government welfare program." The link is below.

There was a time when immigrants, in order to allow legal entry, had to prove they had a job waiting for them so they could be self-supporting. Americans don't hate immigrants. Americans are tired of paying for those who come here and take advantage of our hospitality. Enough already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553May 14, 2019 3:52 PM

[quote] There was a time when immigrants, in order to allow legal entry, had to prove they had a job waiting for them

This is still true. There is no first world country an immigrant can come from unless they are sponsored by a company or marry a US citizen or win the green card lottery. I cannot speak for developing countries, all my expertise is with Europeans who have been essentially frozen out of the US since the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 554May 14, 2019 4:08 PM

Megan was locked and loaded with her Fox News talking points to blast at Beto. She’s so predictable. What a simpleton. What a mindless, screeching clown she is.

“Should we be a nation without borders??? Huh??? Mr. Man???? Answer me!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 555May 14, 2019 4:24 PM

Howicome they opened the show by saying Buttigeig and Harris were relaunching their campaigns when it's really BETO and not Buttigeig who's relaunching.

by Anonymousreply 556May 14, 2019 5:11 PM

R555, during Hot Topics Whoopi and Joy seemed to take a swipe at him by inferring he refused to do the show prior to his lackluster showing in the polls. I wasn't paying full attention today but I got the impression the co-hosts weren't quite as welcoming to him as they've been to other Democratic candidates.

by Anonymousreply 557May 14, 2019 5:43 PM

R553 immigrants didn’t cause 22 Trillion Dollar deficits. I’m more tired of Corporate Welfare thieves.

by Anonymousreply 558May 14, 2019 5:52 PM

Kill me, I agree with Meghan. Kamala pandering with cooking photos is craven and demeaning. I don't like Pete engaging religion either.

by Anonymousreply 559May 14, 2019 5:55 PM

In the candidates thirst to be real, they look desperate.

by Anonymousreply 560May 14, 2019 5:59 PM

Whoopi seemed high as a kite today.

by Anonymousreply 561May 14, 2019 6:22 PM

But right wingers posing with guns is OK ?....and in case you CONSTANTLY miss it, the right wingers use religion as a tool and a battle cry...even though the law specifically states that no candidate shall be judged on his/her religion or lack thereof.

by Anonymousreply 562May 14, 2019 6:23 PM

R558, that's neither here nor there in regards to immigration and the hundreds of billions being spent on social programs for immigrants who don't carry their weight. Corporations employ thousands of people and either perform a service or provide a product for the public. They help the economy.

Check out California's budget for social programs vs infrastructure. They've been siphoning funds from other departments in order to keep up with the demand for social services. Did you know that Arizona allows undocumented immigrant children to enroll in their school system? They don't reside in the US they literally walk across the border every weekday, attend classes then turn around and go back home to Mexico. How do you think the taxpayers in these districts feel about funding thousands of immigrants in their respective districts knowing damn well the teachers' attention, and the allocated tax dollars are going to educate those who don't contribute to their community.

I'm just trying to figure out how we take 2020 when many Dems (although many won't admit this in public) are fed up with their tax dollars going to those who have not paid into this country's coffers.

by Anonymousreply 563May 14, 2019 6:35 PM

Your kidding? Immigrants work for peanuts and pay into SS they’ll never collect.

by Anonymousreply 564May 14, 2019 6:43 PM

Immigrants, legal or not should have access to education.

Where do you think they learn English best?

Where do you think they become Americans.

Stupid Mexican haters piss me off.

Oh, and illegals/undocumenteds PAY FUCKING TAXES!

Do your research haters.

by Anonymousreply 565May 14, 2019 6:48 PM

One cooking photo snapped on a holiday and posted online by her husband.

How many Republicans are photographed clearing brush and riding horses and shooting guns and chopping wood and driving pick up trucks? ALL OF THEM ALL THE TIME.

One cooking photo snapped on a holiday and posted online by her husband. Jesus, can the woman live???

by Anonymousreply 566May 14, 2019 6:49 PM

Remember when Paul Ryan was photographed at a shelter's kitchen - scrubbing already pre-cleaned dishes?

by Anonymousreply 567May 14, 2019 7:44 PM

Ahh r563 so it’s Mexicans that are your issue and despite referencing legal immigration you’re really talking about illegal immigration and or asylum seekers because as I said non-permanent residents have no entitlement to government aid and go through a vigorous, gruelling process to get the visa in the first place and they have to have sponsorship from an employer. If and when the employment ends they have 2 weeks to leave the country regardless of how much tax they’ve paid during their employment. Most illegal immigrants are paying taxes and the temporary workers and foreign students (most of whom will return home) will not get anything in return for the taxes they have paid and contributions they have made to our country. So, when I think of all the ways my tax dollars are being used, programs that help immigrant children don’t even register on my list of annoyances. For that matter, the billions in welfare given to US citizens don’t bother me either, there are far more pressing misuses of tax dollars. Regardless of political affiliation my friends who are parents would and have pulled every trick in the book to get their kids into better schools so anyone complaining about Mexican children coming to school in Arizona would get a short knock from me. Although I assume that’s a Faux News scare quote and the actual number is a trickle rather than an epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 568May 14, 2019 7:54 PM

R564, the stats say 51% are enrolled in at least one welfare program. They receive much more than they give. Yeah, the undocumented pay into SS - with fake or stolen SS numbers. But who cares about laws, right? Who cares about the idiot American who had his SS card sold at a flea market for $25.00.

You know no one bothers to mention undocumented immigrants usurped African Americans niche in the construction industry in Ca. They were left unemployed because the undocumented work cheaper. Where are the AA, you know people who were actually born here, supposed to find decent paying jobs? What used to be a decent wage for a skilled tradesman is now below the poverty level because the undocumented have taken over yet another industry and cheapened its value.

R565, I'm not a Mexican hater I'm just playing devil's advocate. Mexican immigrants have been here for generations and still haven't bothered to learn English. Here's a quote from a school district in WA state on immigrant students: "Students learn language concepts and knowledge in their primary language at the same time they receive instruction in English. Teachers build on growing language skills through the interplay of two languages." Yeah, that should keep the classroom rolling along for the American kids who already know how to speak the damn language. But who cares about their education, right?

If you want the Dems to win in 2020 the candidates need to stop chastising Americans about immigration. They need to put Americans first and they need to stop making identity politics their go-to platform. Dems always bank on minorities for their votes yet many are moving to the right because they're tired of paying into a system which rewards those who haven't earned their place at the table.

R568, we were talking about Beto and his stance on immigration and HE specifically talked about his town in Texas. So unless other immigrants are passing through Texas by way of Mexico I'd say HE's referencing Mexicans. I brought up the Arizona example to highlight the complete abuse of and disrespect for the system.

by Anonymousreply 569May 14, 2019 8:00 PM

And all of that has to do with The View because....

by Anonymousreply 570May 14, 2019 8:05 PM

R569 I’m not even going to touch that Faux News rant because there’s so much misinformation and thinly veiled bigotry. If you want to play devil’s advocate you need to broaden the scope of your research before anyone is going to take you seriously. I will ,however, say that I am an immigrant and I AM an American, please don’t define American as only a natural born citizen, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 571May 14, 2019 8:11 PM

Jesus Christ, chill people. I don't care what right wing politicians take photos of. A woman with Kamala's pedigree shouldnt have to push out a motherly narrative. Does Angela Merkel? It's speaks a lot about how we still view female roles in this country.

by Anonymousreply 572May 14, 2019 8:15 PM

And the pictures male candidates post/pose for say a lot of how we view masculinity too. While Merkel/May haven’t published cooking pictures their male counterparts don’t pose in pickup trucks/with guns or fishing rods/holding bibles either.

by Anonymousreply 573May 14, 2019 8:22 PM

Listening to Meghan say how costs can be kept down by haviung a wedding at a [$65M] ranch was HILARIOUS!

What s silly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 574May 14, 2019 8:27 PM

"A woman with Kamala's pedigree shouldnt have to push out a motherly narrative. "

The woman is living her damn life and sharing part of it on social media.

You're reading WAY too much into it if you think that being photographed while wearing an apron and holding a bowl of food diminishes oneself and "pushes out a motherly narrative." Please realize that a person doesn't have to be a mother in order to wear an apron and hold a bowl of food. You sound deranged and very sexist.

by Anonymousreply 575May 14, 2019 8:57 PM

r575 is an idiot for believing these posts aren't carefully choreographed and vetted. Are you new?

I don't care what male politicians do. Such pictures make them look like pandering morons too.

For the record, Kamala and Warren are my top choices because their merits speak for themselves. Elizabeth and her "beer" was a dumb misstep too.

by Anonymousreply 576May 14, 2019 11:02 PM

The system abuses aren’t caused by minorities. Their abused by corporate welfare cheats.

by Anonymousreply 577May 15, 2019 12:25 AM

There

by Anonymousreply 578May 15, 2019 12:25 AM

The ladies looked bored with Beto 2.0

by Anonymousreply 579May 15, 2019 5:46 AM

He's so boring . The only question that woke me up was when he was talking about supporting the candidate who eventually will get the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 580May 15, 2019 6:09 AM

R569, are you applying for a job at FOX News?

Beto is a good guy, but he comes across as too rehearsed. Every response seemed calculated and structured by computer, and in this type of venue, at least, he’s way too low key. His personality was flat and there was no sense of humor or fun.

by Anonymousreply 581May 15, 2019 6:43 AM

Beto would make a great summer camp counselor.

by Anonymousreply 582May 15, 2019 7:20 AM

Wed 5/15: Craig Ferguson, Yara Shahidi

Tomorrow Thurs 5/16: Howard Stern

I hope they talk about all the ABORTIONS Trump has paid for...

by Anonymousreply 583May 15, 2019 2:38 PM

Why is Howard on, what’s he selling/promoting?

by Anonymousreply 584May 15, 2019 2:56 PM

Meghan looks haggard and orange today. Of course she had to protest to Sunny that she wasn’t being a proper Catholic because she opposes telling another person what they can do with their body. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 585May 15, 2019 3:20 PM

Craig Ferguson is so tedious and unfunny. He looks ridiculous with that undercut hairstyle. Of course Megan and her husband are huge fans.

by Anonymousreply 586May 15, 2019 3:41 PM

What’s Meghan’s religion?

by Anonymousreply 587May 15, 2019 5:47 PM

Jim Beam.

by Anonymousreply 588May 15, 2019 5:51 PM

I hope Howard shreds her into julienne salad tomorrow. He can make people wet themselves. She screech-squawked how much she loves him today and Whoopie looked like she was going to stab her.

by Anonymousreply 589May 15, 2019 6:59 PM

Howard could be interesting. After dedicating nearly 20 years to bullying Rosie O'Donnell, he's good friends with her now. Maybe he'll mention the book about the View. Maybe he'll ask Whoopi about her spats with Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 590May 15, 2019 7:45 PM

How about Whoopi's condescension to the audience today? In talking about a presidential candidate none of them had heard of, Whoopi said, "If we don't know you, you know they (pointing to audience) don't know you!". Whoopi is so unengaged, there is plenty viewers know about that she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 591May 15, 2019 7:45 PM

Catholics and right wingers like Meghan are literally drooling over the idea of forcing child incest victims to pump out rape babies as fast as they can hand out forgiveness pardons to the upstanding religious types who feel like raping children.

If they get to kill off a few adult women by intentionally hostile denial of reproductive health care, even better.

by Anonymousreply 592May 15, 2019 8:10 PM

R587 Meghan’s religion is Republican money.

by Anonymousreply 593May 15, 2019 8:43 PM

MeMe again had to toot her horn about receiving that shit award and showed she doesn't listen to what people are saying when she misrepresented what sunny said about her convictions. Big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 594May 15, 2019 10:48 PM

No one asked Meghan if she'd have a rapists baby. Fair question.

by Anonymousreply 595May 15, 2019 11:09 PM

I loathe Megan but I was sorta glad to see her call Sunny out on her wimpy, meaningless “both sides” views of abortion.

Let’s just be fucking honest and open about a difficult subject that affects all of us instead of being so concerned with being liked by everyone. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 596May 15, 2019 11:51 PM

R596, there’s nothing wrong with Sunny’s both sides view of abortion. She’s personally against it but doesn’t think she should tell others what to do. There’s nothing unclear or wrong about that, and it’s not meaningless.

You call abortion a difficult subject but then have a hard time with a nuanced opinion. Take several seats.

by Anonymousreply 597May 16, 2019 6:07 AM

Whoopie’s been very high lately. You know that she reeks of pot and fart.

by Anonymousreply 598May 16, 2019 7:11 AM

Happy Thursday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599May 16, 2019 2:55 PM

Talk about having daddy issues.

by Anonymousreply 600May 16, 2019 2:59 PM

A nuanced opinion regarding abortion is meaningless. Either you are Pro Choice or your are Anti Choice. Everything else is just mealy mouthed noise.

If it makes you feel better to tell me to take several seats, that’s fine, just please keep your childish views on abortion to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 601May 16, 2019 3:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!