Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race S11 Thread 2 Show The World That Muslim Is Not A Terrorist

OPPALANCE! YOU EARN EVERYTHING!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 27, 2019 7:06 PM

Here's the link to part one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2019 9:05 AM

Whoops, let's try that again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2019 9:06 AM

The musical skits are WAY too long. They need to edit.

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2019 12:49 PM

R3, completely agree...how many days in real time do the queens have to learn choreography and lyrics?

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2019 3:19 PM

r4 Ginger said for this challenge they had one full day to practice, then she came in for the final one-hour rehearsal, and then they shot it.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2019 3:24 PM

R5, that’s incredible...in my mind I thought at least 2 to 3 days of rehearsal time to learn and perfect the choreography.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2019 3:29 PM

R6, you’re being naive. These shows actually want them to fuck off. That’s much more humorous. Example. Oppalance!

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2019 3:44 PM

Can we please try not to derail this thread with the Joel McHale talk? Some think he’s hot, some think he’s not. Someone please start a Joel McHale thread where that discussion may take place.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2019 3:43 AM

People go off on all sorts of different tangents in most DL threads. That's nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2019 3:46 AM

Neither is complaining about it.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2019 3:53 AM

[quote]So... how many white guys rejected you on Grindr, [R578]?

So I guess you were the one that posted this on reddit

'I want him to spit on me and let me swallow his piss.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2019 12:38 PM

They need to STOP with the long, elaborate, unfunny musical numbers. Please. It’s always ten minutes of queens neck swivelimg, eye rolling and delivering shamefully bad puns. Trying to layer on a political message as they did with the Trump one just makes things worse.

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2019 2:30 PM

The politics is fine. The filler was not.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2019 5:02 PM

I don't understand why they can't improvise their own comedy. Vanjie & Silky were hilarious when they went rogue without trying in the horror/panther skit. They also wouldn't have to waste money on hack writers.

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2019 5:57 PM

The politics really annoyed. This show has done a great job of representing a broad spectrum of real gay people, showing off their creativity and talent, and humanizing them to a mainstream audience. Going all-in on an anti-Trump narrative is going to alienate the people who need to watch the show most. I get that drag is inherently political and subversive, but the show has been pandering to straight and flyover audiences for a while now. And it doesn't help that every joke in the musical was obvious and played out.

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2019 6:43 PM

R15 is delusional!!!

Yes had it not been for this last episode, Trump suppprters would’ve fallen in love with this show and all racism in the USA would’ve been a thing of the past!

Stop being so pathetic! You’re like one of those log cabin losers who refuses to hold hands with the man they love because then you won’t be accepted!

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2019 7:02 PM

Oh GOD, R16. Read what I wrote. There are two ways people try to promote their political agenda. There are those who stomp their feet and say outlandish things like IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT THIS, UNFRIEND ME which makes people defensive and puts up their walls. There's also those who choose to focus on people and not "issues" which allows them to organically come to an understanding and acceptance of people they might have had prejudices against. The latter option is far more effective, and it's why the show has become very successful with the religious audience of VH1.

It's brainwashed sheeple like you who call those who strive for nuance "pathetic" (and accuse them of being Republicans because they don't want to play into the division that is destroying this country) who are going to ensure that he's elected for four more years. But you obviously don't care about that. It's all about showing off how superior and "moral" you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2019 8:30 PM

R17,

You’re a freaking idiot. I’m actually a moderate. Most SJWs hate me. This is not me pushing an agenda. It’s me thinking you’re pathetic because you think some niche show that no deplorable would watch is gonna make an impact in politics.

You probably believed Jussie Smollet when he claimed to be attacked by deplorables who happen to watch Empire and know every character on that show.

You’re the type who seem two gay men holding hands and thinks: this is why they hate us!

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2019 8:54 PM

Nuance? On Drag Race. You are desperate for acceptance and a bit out of touch R17. Trump The Rusical was just fine. Corny and not bad. It needed a better Ivanka that's all. Do you object to Saturday Night Live's lame satires too?

This episode was quite good to be honest. One of the better lips sync and dance challenges, though little of the difficult choreography was ultimately performed. Why do DL Drag Race viewers expect Broadway style productions from complete amateurs anyway? Half of whom are instagram models and the other half drag pageant queens? It's about characterization, movement and lip synching if you can pull it off. Yvie, Brook Lynn, Plastique, Nina and Scarlett all did that pretty well in this presentation.

Bitch Perfect is still the best one they've done. Because it's all RuPaul's music with better singers and it wasn't so disjointed. It had a theme and it built to something. The dance breaks were free style and well done. The concept of bad girls vs good girls is easier to relate to than political satire of obscure women. And the cast, other than Kim Chi, performed it very well.

So they humanized humans? How strange. Not everyone is equally villainous or virtuous, but most people can be sent up. RPDR celebrates drugs, prostitution, butt sex, promiscuity, extremely foul language, nudity and heathenism. Does this make "them" hate us. No, because they aren't watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2019 9:10 PM

Has Plastique had a nosejob? I haven't looked at many out of drag pics, but in drag, it always catches my eye.

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2019 11:03 PM

I blocked r17. Such a ninny.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2019 1:29 AM

Finally had a chance to watch the latest episode and I agree with those who wrote the musical numbers need to be shortened. Can't understand why Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs got the win for the week. Her Oprah was okay - despite her complaining and criticisms during the handing out of the roles, she did look like Oprah but the performance itself was average, same with the runway look. Also getting tired of all of the complaints from Ra'jah. Really thought she was going to have a fit during the choreography rehearsals. (Didn't help that she was greatly overshadowed by Brooke Lynn.) Didn't really mind Joel McHale on the judge's panel and thought some of Michelle's reactions were scripted, there was once or twice where it appeared she was trying to keep from laughing.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2019 1:59 AM

[Quote]Going all-in on an anti-Trump narrative is going to alienate the people who need to watch the show most

I can't even believe the shit I am reading. Now we have posters worried that a drag queen show is going to offend those poor Trump voters.

Man you want drag queens to complete the full transformation into being utterly toothless kid friendly entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2019 2:20 AM

[Quote]thought some of Michelle's reactions were scripted, there was once or twice where it appeared she was trying to keep from laughing.

Of course. This is a TV show, they were both playing to the camera and creating a bit.

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2019 2:26 AM

RuPaul's hated Trump from before he became president. I'd like if there's a personal story there like with Milton Berle.

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2019 4:53 AM

The sneak peek for the new episode is up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2019 7:25 PM

Lets try that again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2019 7:26 PM

Vanjie is off-putting, especially when she opens her mouth. Jesus, what a horrible voice.

That blob of whatever tat he has is ugly as hell, completely ruins some of her looks. What is it?

Dumb as a box of rocks, too.

She only looks good when she’s just standing there, looking pretty and being quiet.

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2019 8:01 PM

Her voice is amazing, kind of reminds me of danny devito, it makes everything she says hilarious... at least it's not some annoying femme-voice. She has a very unique and funny personality that has clearly earned her a lot of fame and fortune, how successful are you, R28?

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2019 8:09 PM

Fuck you, R29, I thought we could give our opinions on these drag queens on this thread.

I could give a rats ass about her in real life and I’m only opining on what I see on a stupid reality show.

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2019 10:12 PM

I wouldn't say this show has done so much for gay people. It has done so much for drag queens and humanizing them. News flash, all gay men aren't the biggest walking gay stereotype in the world. I know they think by giving back stories to the queens that we are supposed to learn they come from all walks of life...which is of course true. But they're still ultimately "representing" a fraction of gay people. This is part of a bigger problem with reality TV and sticking people in a box and creating characters but I digress. Another news flash, I'm pretty sure most people already related drag to gay guys. I watch the show because I do find it entertaining and Rupaul has a funny bone I wish more people had. But as a gay man watching who doesn't do drag, sometimes the show seems like its intentionally reinforcing stereotypes. Like I said earlier, that seems to be what all 'cultures' have been doing lately with SJW's and all that nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2019 10:45 PM

Representation starts somewhere and you can't represent all kinds of gays at the same time because that's impossible. Also, this is going to sound awful but not every type of gay guy is interesting enough to merit representation - why do you think [italic]Looking[/italic] bombed? People want to be entertained, not bored out of their minds. I certainly wouldn't watch a reality show about my nerdy, boring-ass life.

r26 Thanks for posting that. Ra'ja needs to go next; that's some Vixen-levels toxicity on display there.

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2019 10:54 PM

Brooke and Vangie hanging all over each other, they know a way to get screentime when they see it.

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2019 12:55 AM

RuPaul’s drag race needs more RuPaul. He needs to interact more with the queens, involve himself more in the challenges, and be more verbal with communicating criticisms during the runway.

When the show was only one hour, we seemed to have more Ru than we do with 90 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2019 1:04 AM

RuPaul is practically a hologram now. The fans don't crave more of him. This has been discussed many times here. A complete change of judges and host could do much better with the show.

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2019 1:19 AM

From the Feast of Fun podcast with special guest Stacy Layne Matthews:

The legendary "sugar daddy" dust-up between Mimi Imfurst and Shangela on S3 Untucked was a legit fistfight with actual blood. Production shut down for three months while they figured out what to do, and the public was told that it was because Ru had a health scare.

Alexis Mateo also confirmed the fight on Hey Qween with Johnny McGovern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2019 2:51 AM

I disagree r35. I think Ru is a great host and the dumbass fans really underrate how key he has been in the success of this show.

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2019 2:56 AM

Ru is the best part of the show. He was born to be a drag queen. It's really pathetic how much shit he gets from queens and the fan base. Can you imagine what the idiots who don't like him would want in his place? We all know what that would probably lead to.

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2019 3:10 AM

I never watched this show until this season...couldn’t get into it till now.

I finally feel like I “get” Ru. She is actually coming at this from a higher level...but kind of dumbing it down. Maybe why that’s why it caught on so well.

He has always been cheerful and positive which is rare for a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2019 3:18 AM

^ You should go back and watch some old seasons. For me, Seasons 3 through 6 are the golden age.

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2019 3:29 AM

Boring old men here on DL. Drag Race fanbase is not all on reddit and instagram. Rupaul doesn't even read as a drag queen. He's just a dressed up character from a convention. The show was designed to be a send up of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway. That was fun idea and Ru was fun playing the dual role of Tim Gunn and sketchy Tyra Banks. RuPaul doesn't have the brain cells or the integrity to be taken seriously now that the he's sold out for every mag cover and award and walk of fame. There's nothing remotely subversive about RuPaul. He's kind of gross. I am not old enough to know him from when he was a bad rat hood ornament in the 80s. But I know it's over rated nonsense. RuPaul's fame is directly related to his drag look of the nineties. That's why he chose Bebe, Tyra and Raja as winners of the first 3 seasons. They were meant to be versions of himself. He's out of his depth now and the show makes all the decisions for him. That would be fine if weirdo's would stop insisting he has such integrity and presence. The stories about Ru in the late nineties when he still did bar appearances are legendary and not kind. He is not kind and a lousy performer. Terrible to promoters and is audience. He's not even pretty. Just a fantastic kind of illusion. Courtesy of others.

He's not up to the shows demands but won't make a stand to return it to something more what he had in mind at the beginning. Not a single other drag queen has ever served as a guest judge. He knows that Alaska, Bianca, Shangela, Willam, Aquaria, Sasha and Courtney would bring in more viewers. VH1 will make the decision for him, pretty soon. Rupaul is a check casher. Even for Charity Events, he demands to be paid. Weird dude.

by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2019 3:34 AM

He was cool when he was a club kid, but he became a cunt after he adopted full-on glamour drag in the late '80s and started winning contests like Queen of Manhattan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2019 3:54 AM

Girl, I feel asleep reading that r41.

We get it, you hate RuPaul and want someone younger to take his place. Your rant goes on but has nothing more to say.

And if you ever start your blog that you desperately want to, have a tough love friend (hopefully you have some) edit it down.

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2019 4:01 AM

Oh, I'm sorry my post above was such a mess of syntax and spelling errors. I am busy with other things. Shangela, I'm sorry but you're out. Please leave the runway. Manila, you are no longer in the running to be America's Next Top Model. Shea you won the whole season - but it's been determined that you didn't use the 3D printer in your final look. Sascha wins! Monet, I crown you because you're black fat and untalented. Let this be my legacy.

"Hahha hahahhaa haa. Jinkx, you're funny. And you did quite well in the competition?"

"Hah, Yes I did. I won." Michelle: "hahahhahhha HAH! Ru you have a terrible memory." 'Oh she won?' Ad nauseum, all without irony. RuPaul has no feeling for his own show or even his own "favorites." A total fake. Painful.

Who's the grandpa brain trust at R43? When I need an editor, I'll call you. Try saying something insightful next time. I don't hate Ru. I see him clearly. Most people under your age do.

by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2019 4:10 AM

Wow must be one of the queens that auditioned but didn’t make the cut ^.

by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2019 4:18 AM

^ Wow. Must be a very lame contributor to Datalounge. Can't cut it.

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2019 4:25 AM

R44 If you’re simply too busy to deign to write a cogent and thoughtful post for us know-nothings, perhaps you could spare us little people and not write a post at all. Besos x

by Anonymousreply 47March 27, 2019 12:09 PM

This just might be the messiest thread on DL right now.

by Anonymousreply 48March 27, 2019 12:29 PM

If only Ru had the intelligence and the integrity of The Vixen... That darling exchange with Manilla on Twitter demonstrated just how much intelligence and integrity The Vixen has.

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2019 2:32 PM

Ru's been having fun in the workroom this season. The naysayers can pipe down.

by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2019 2:33 PM

They say Ru hates getting into drag now and only does it when he absolutely has to. Also isn't Mimi Imfurst supposed to be like genuinely evil and if that's true why do they keep having him back on the show?

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2019 2:45 PM

Ru only does drag when he is getting paid for it, it's pretty simple.

by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2019 2:51 PM

R39 is a parody post I hope. Ru cheerful and positive??

by Anonymousreply 53March 27, 2019 3:46 PM

When was Mimi last on the show ? AS1?

by Anonymousreply 54March 27, 2019 3:50 PM

Viewed the preview of the upcoming episode (had to go on Facebook since neither R26 or R27 wanted to open for me). OMG, what is the problem with Ra'jah? I think Yvie had a good point when she said Ra'jah was okay with a strategy of being in the bottom two and being able to lip every week if it meant she stayed in the Race. But then Ra'jah goes on the attack with all types of nasty insults in the confessional. ("I'm from Dallas, the Big D!" Who cares!) Seems to have that same attitude every episode.

by Anonymousreply 55March 27, 2019 4:10 PM

I really enjoyed the early seasons. It felt subversive. Now all the runway talk is canned and awful. I enjoy the ladies dealing with each other but the challenges this season have been awful, especially the last one. All lipsyncing Trump show...it felt endless. Looking forward to Snatch Game. Hope it's better than it's been.

by Anonymousreply 56March 27, 2019 4:48 PM

The Snatch Game is always shit. People only remember the one or two standouts and I guess that causes a rose tinted view of the past installments.

by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2019 4:58 PM

Yeah the Snatch Game is always most people suck but a couple manage to do it. I agree that people definitely look at it through rose tinted glasses.

by Anonymousreply 58March 27, 2019 5:02 PM

Yeah RaJah is the loser of the season. Always acting above other people while being an insecure little bitch.

Has no talents but is good for drama and dancing so we’ll be stuck with her for a few more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 59March 27, 2019 6:32 PM

R55 i thought it was rude and inappropriate for Yvie to randomly come for her. She had just come from lip syncing for her life, and was trying to bring something positive out of the experience, why does Yvie feel the need to kick her when she's down? Scarlet was right when she said that Yvie says the right thing at the wrong time.

by Anonymousreply 60March 27, 2019 6:40 PM

Was it a necessary thing for Yvie to say? No, but they are drag queens putting on TV show. If they all tried to be super nice that would be a pretty boring show.

So far at least, I think everytime Yvie has come for someone at least she has been correct.

by Anonymousreply 61March 27, 2019 6:58 PM

Mimi Imfurst turned out to be a good joke writer. She wrote jokes for the BOTS tours and roasts.

by Anonymousreply 62March 27, 2019 7:03 PM

R60, it wasn’t inappropriate. RaJah has been making non stop excuses since this show started. Only snowflakes have a problem with her being right but being harsh. I don’t care about people being harsh when telling the truth (something Yvie does) the problem is being harsh while telling a lie (something The Vixen excelled at).

by Anonymousreply 63March 27, 2019 7:18 PM

There's a difference between being honest and being rude.

by Anonymousreply 64March 27, 2019 9:44 PM

The Snatch Games in Season 6 and 7 are great. 2, 9 and 3 are ok. 4,5, 10 and 8 are horrid.

by Anonymousreply 65March 27, 2019 11:43 PM

Snatch Game is fun even when it's horrid.

by Anonymousreply 66March 28, 2019 12:02 AM

Snatch Game is like a glue trap for non-English speaking contestants.

by Anonymousreply 67March 28, 2019 12:49 AM

[quote] They say Ru hates getting into drag now and only does it when he absolutely has to.

I read that somewhere. Sort of disappointing. Can anyone confirm?

by Anonymousreply 68March 28, 2019 1:08 AM

Ru doesn't get into drag as much as he's assembled by others. Takes 4 to 6 hours. He never appears in drag in front of civilian people anymore, only on camera.

by Anonymousreply 69March 28, 2019 1:20 AM

R68 Why, he's almost 70. Do you really want him in drag diapers? You don't always have to like doing something until you drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 70March 28, 2019 1:55 AM

RuPaul is 58. Too old to be pandering to gender confused teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 71March 28, 2019 1:59 AM

[quote]Also isn't Mimi Imfurst supposed to be like genuinely evil and if that's true why do they keep having him back on the show?

Mimi was outed as a sex pest. He runs his own Drag Race–like competition in Philadelphia called Drag Wars, and it's a pretty big deal for local queens who want to make a name for themselves. He was pressuring queens he found attractive to have cybersex with him under threat of being eliminated from Drag Wars or generally blacklisted from the Philly drag scene.

Surprisingly, it hasn't affected his career—he still does Drag Wars and is touring with the latest Haters Roast. He is getting roasted about the sex stuff by the other RuGirls on the tour, though, and he doesn't like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 28, 2019 2:02 AM

r68 I don't have a source but could swear I heard the same thing. Maybe in his interviews. He just associates it with work. It's a job. Maybe his Oprah interview on OWN.

by Anonymousreply 73March 28, 2019 2:04 AM

Some queens, like Mz Cracker, do drag because it makes them feel beautiful. Some queens, like RuPaul, do drag because it pays the bills.

by Anonymousreply 74March 28, 2019 2:11 AM

"Some queens, like Mz Cracker, do drag because they need a gimmick to become famous"

Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 75March 28, 2019 3:46 AM

I mentioned this before on another thread. I know Mimi somewhat casually. She's put the moves on me before. I let her know I wasn't interested and she was nothing but a polite gentleman about it. Maybe other people had a bad experience with her, but I genuinely believe these accusers are people who thought they could exploit a #MeToo angle for attention by making her out to be a "sex pest" that she isn't.

I get nothing out of defending Mimi fucking Imfurst. But I do believe my experience should be taken into account before anyone comes to some conclusion that she's some monstrous predator.

by Anonymousreply 76March 28, 2019 3:51 AM

Ru has been putting on dresses since the 70s r74, he was doing drag and getting attacked back when it still took balls to be out on the streets as a crossdresser. No one was paying him, he was just living his life. As all the queens of that era were, there was no drag race or world tours to achieve. These days being a drag queen barely takes any courage and a like of gay performers do it because it is a ticket to success.

You seem to lack any sense of history, in the post Drag Race world people forget what it was like to be a queen before this TV show existed.

by Anonymousreply 77March 28, 2019 3:58 AM

Untucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 28, 2019 4:02 AM

Were you a drag queen r76? If Mimi were your boss or a gatekeeper to a career you wanted it would be very different for you.

by Anonymousreply 79March 28, 2019 7:00 AM

Those two drag worshipping queens that do the Feast of Fun podcast mentioned Mimi screwing over those two girls she was in a pop group with.

by Anonymousreply 80March 28, 2019 7:36 AM

R76, just because Mimi didn’t attack you doesn’t mean that Mimi didn’t attack someone else. Do you have any proof at all that the people who accused Mimi of attacking them are lying? Or do “just know” that they’re lying?

You think Michael Jackson is a swell guy, right?

by Anonymousreply 81March 28, 2019 8:54 AM

RuPaul was a punk rocker who performed and dressed to shock in order to get attention for his music. Only after doing glam drag and experiencing the audience’s reaction did he realize that it was his ticket to success.

I know plenty about the history of RuPaul and know that dressing as a woman holds no interest for him beyond attracting attention/money.

by Anonymousreply 82March 28, 2019 8:59 AM

RuPaul doesn't have any talent other than dressing as woman.

by Anonymousreply 83March 28, 2019 9:00 AM

Honestly I was excited about this ball but I thought overall it was fairly disappointing. So much freedom to be creative but none of these looks really got me going.

by Anonymousreply 84March 29, 2019 2:29 AM

Even that lip sync was pretty boring.

by Anonymousreply 85March 29, 2019 2:47 AM

Ya no one was a stand out winner, or loser really. So much opportunity lost on a fun theme.

by Anonymousreply 86March 29, 2019 3:18 AM

Agree the lqqks weren't too monstrous. Still think Ariel kinda looks like a poor man's Aquaria out of drag. That wasn't even the best mermaid I've seen on this show and I've only been watching a year or two. This show is probably harder than it looks. Some of the others are operating on a pretty high level.

by Anonymousreply 87March 29, 2019 12:16 PM

None of these queens were able to match the monster drag Sharon Needles served back in Season 4.

by Anonymousreply 88March 29, 2019 12:42 PM

Nina West's face moves so oddly during her confessionals. I can't bear to watch her when she's out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 89March 29, 2019 2:05 PM

R72 et. al., that is a mischaracterization. Mimi Imfurst was chatting with at least one of those men BEFORE he actually became a contestant. All the alleged victim had to do was say, "Hey, Mimi, I'm trying out for 'Drag Wars.' Therefore, I think we need to keep our interactions professional from now on. Thanks for understanding!" Done.

Instead, we get the endless hand-wringing about, "Will this hurt my drag career?" Please. As if Mimi Fucking Imfurst is some huge power player. As if there's only one way to do drag in Philadelphia.

Yvie Oddly has talked about the pressure she faced coming up against the other queens in Denver, which I'm sure has a much smaller drag scene than Philly, and she still managed to make it onto this season. Yeah, yeah, so Yvie wasn't "sexually harassed." Or maybe she just has a thicker skin.

I just don't know why all of the impetus is on Mimi to make sure these guys are 100% comfortable in every interaction. Yeah, yeah, because Mimi is the one with the power. So no one with a modicum of power is allowed to flirt anymore, even within such a tiny, insular community?

I guess it's easier to attack an established star by riding on the coattails of true survivors than to keep honing your craft and develop an act that people want to see.

by Anonymousreply 90March 29, 2019 2:40 PM

Meanwhile Shangela's star continues to shine bright....performing Bey for Beyonce, last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 29, 2019 4:14 PM

Mimi is an asshole R90 and that has been well known for years way before he was revealed as a sex pest.

by Anonymousreply 92March 29, 2019 4:15 PM

Queen Bey stands for Shangie!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 29, 2019 4:39 PM

Who is RuPaul’s heir apparent?

I

by Anonymousreply 94March 29, 2019 4:43 PM

I have always has a strong sexual attraction to Ru. Even way back when. I can’t explain it. Not my usual type but very drawn to him.

by Anonymousreply 95March 29, 2019 4:44 PM

Nina West recalls being harassed for being gay at Denison University in Ohio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 29, 2019 4:55 PM

Why did they show the story twice on the show?

Last week and this week.

by Anonymousreply 97March 29, 2019 5:03 PM

r94 Courtney Act!

by Anonymousreply 98March 29, 2019 6:16 PM

I gave $35.00 to Mimi's Go Fund Me for her music / cd a few years ago. I never received anything. In fact many didn't receive anything. I posted along with many others on FB of being duped and Mini gave excuses and then said email her. I did and so did others. Mimi never replied. It's only $35.00 but I did feel bad for those who gave hundreds of dollars. She's a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 99March 29, 2019 8:10 PM

The only surprise from last night episode was Ariel's freckles all over her arms and back. WOW!

by Anonymousreply 100March 29, 2019 8:15 PM

Some people on this thread are haters. RuPaul "has no talent" but somehow built an empire. I'm pretty sure it took more than wearing a dress to reach his level of success.

by Anonymousreply 101March 29, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote]Mimi is an asshole [R90] and that has been well known for years way before he was revealed as a sex pest.

Jackie Beat recently called Mimi out for stealing her jokes on the Haters Roast tour (Jackie gets paid to write for the girls).

by Anonymousreply 102March 29, 2019 8:35 PM

S11 = Vanjie + The Rest

by Anonymousreply 103March 29, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote] I know plenty about the history of RuPaul and know that dressing as a woman holds no interest for him beyond attracting attention/money

maybe this is ok

by Anonymousreply 104March 29, 2019 9:05 PM

I blocked the hysterical anti-Ru cunt.

by Anonymousreply 105March 29, 2019 9:31 PM

thx for sharing, r105

by Anonymousreply 106March 29, 2019 9:35 PM

So many filler queens, no stand-outs

Who will be in the finale? Brooke Lynn? Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 107March 29, 2019 11:08 PM

Brooke Lynn definitely stands out as a strong contender.

by Anonymousreply 108March 29, 2019 11:12 PM

They are obviously setting up a Yvie/Silky/Brooke finale, are the other contestants even there???

by Anonymousreply 109March 29, 2019 11:13 PM

Nah, Silky will last 2 or 3 more episodes and that’ll be the end of her. Yvie might make it, even though she bores me to tears. Brooke, Nina, and maybe Scarlet will make it to the end.

by Anonymousreply 110March 29, 2019 11:21 PM

What is the purpose of having 1/2 the boys lip synch that Trump production number to much better, uncredited singers. I know they are a talentless lot and I come to rubberneck at the grisly car wrecks that talentlessness produces.

by Anonymousreply 111March 29, 2019 11:22 PM

Bullshit R41. You're deluded that any of that loooonnng list of contestants would bring in more viewers.

People want to see RuPaul who is a consummate professional. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 112March 29, 2019 11:24 PM

Drag Race doesn't need RuPaul to be a success. Bianca, Alaska and Courtney could easily take over the show. The perfect combination of hosts. Add a couple cute fun guys like Jeffrey Bower Chapman & Adam Rippon on the judging panel too. Get rid of Ross and Michele and Ru. They're all stale, witless and terrible. End of Story.

by Anonymousreply 113March 29, 2019 11:52 PM

It would be far too expensive and time consuming for the queens to record themselves singing the Rusical numbers. Cheaper—and funnier—to have them lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 114March 29, 2019 11:55 PM

Yvie will self destruct soon and Silky is a disaster. My wager for Top 3: Brook Lynn, Scarlet, Vangie

by Anonymousreply 115March 29, 2019 11:57 PM

I support Rupaul, but Drag Race needs to go off air for a year. It doesn't need new judges right now, it needs better talent. I also miss when Michelle was mean, she's too nice now.

by Anonymousreply 116March 30, 2019 12:00 AM

Vangie has a dude walk in and out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 117March 30, 2019 12:01 AM

R117 - and a dude voice too

by Anonymousreply 118March 30, 2019 12:07 AM

The endless puns on the runway come across as too try-hard, especially from Ross Matthews. I miss when the "live" judges' commentary wasn't so scripted.

by Anonymousreply 119March 30, 2019 12:20 AM

I don't get the love for Scarlette. She just looks like a man. (Though she's cute out of drag.) And not all that talented either. My three would be Brooke Lynn, Vangie and Nina.

by Anonymousreply 120March 30, 2019 12:36 AM

Like Alyssa, Ru seems to have a lot of affection for Vangie, but recognizes her limitations. I would bet on Brooke Lynn, Yvie, and a wild card.

by Anonymousreply 121March 30, 2019 1:45 AM

The lip synch was terrible. You get the great Whitney Houston's I'm Your Baby Tonight and that's it? Should have been a double elimination. Shuga Kain is obnoxious on and off the runway. That's an old man with a completely fake way of speaking and being. Not even other stunt queens would attempt that romper room Blaccent. Don't waste Whitney on these losers.

Brooklyn didn't deserve the win either. Bad week. Ru looked like some old tired badly dressed bar queen. Shite.

by Anonymousreply 122March 30, 2019 5:27 AM

Silky is a mess. And Scarlet is not good. If she wasn't handsome you'd forget she's there. Pushing to the top for me are Yvie, Nina, Vanjie, Brook Lynn

by Anonymousreply 123March 30, 2019 12:35 PM

Scarlet always looks to me like she took makeup tutorials from Varla Jean Merman. She needs to work on the eyebrows. I don't think she'll go to the end. Vangie is fun, Alyssa Edwards type delusional fun. I hope she shows varying styles as the competition goes on.

by Anonymousreply 124March 30, 2019 12:54 PM

Looks like the wikipedia page for the season lists all the upcoming guest judges. For the curious..

by Anonymousreply 125March 30, 2019 1:21 PM

Who is that blond and brown bespectacled Instaho on the next week's judging panel? Seems like he's doing the most looks-wise, doesn't it?

r122 This is just my personal philosophy, but I feel like descendants of genocide survivors can speak in whatever the fuck kind of accent they want.

by Anonymousreply 126March 30, 2019 2:16 PM

"Some queens, like Bob, do drag because they need a gimmick to become famous"

Fixed that for you, R75.

by Anonymousreply 127March 30, 2019 2:21 PM

R126 most people are genocide survivors, depending on how far you go back in history lol ... your comment makes zero sense

by Anonymousreply 128March 30, 2019 3:21 PM

These queens need to figure out that RuPaul and Michele are "old school" music fans who don't care about Miley or Ariana or whichever flavor of the month. So when they get the list of songs to be prepared to lip sync, the queens should spend their time on making their Olivia and Kylie and Madonna and Whitney performances spectacular and fun since those are the ones that hold the judges' attention.

If you kill the lip sync on "Bad Girls" you might earn a ticket to the finale. If you kill the lip sync on "Break Up With Your Boyfriend, I'm Bored" the judges will shrug their shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 129March 30, 2019 3:34 PM

I don’t think Scarlet is terribly handsome as a man. She definitely doesn’t look “fishy” as a queen. She’s just so odd-looking, and Im captivated by it. I want to see more.

I adore Vangie and think she’ll make it further than Silky (she should, at least), but she needs to win like the next three challenges at this point if she wants to make it to the top 3.

Yvie will either be too 3, or she’ll implode in the next 2 episodes. And I still don’t care for her. She’s giving me Sharon Needles 2.0 and one of her was enough.

by Anonymousreply 130March 30, 2019 3:36 PM

R124 Speaking of Varla Jean it's so weird that out of drag he's this big buff hairy daddy.

by Anonymousreply 131March 30, 2019 5:11 PM

Ariel, although one of the more attractive guys on this season, deserved to be on the bottom simply due to totally misreading the challenge and coming onto the runway in that mermaid outfit. However, out of the other two bottom looks, I think Silky deserved the other lip sync spot over Shuga. Silky's looks - for yet another week - were nothing spectacular and also seemed to misinterpret the challenge (I couldn't even tell she was supposed to be a unicorn until it was mentioned - totally lost the horn in the hair; as mentioned in the critiques, she didn't resemble a wicked-looked Evillene from "The Wiz" at all; and that red latex (?) number was bad in design and presentation).

by Anonymousreply 132March 30, 2019 8:20 PM

More attractive? Surely you jest.

by Anonymousreply 133March 30, 2019 8:24 PM

Nah, Shuga deserved bottom two for that blue bodysuit that in no way blended with her face and neck. Boot boot boot.

by Anonymousreply 134March 30, 2019 8:26 PM

I'm glad to see that Scarlet's runway was generally praised among the fandom. The cowgirl look was a step above Party City, but I loved the MILF and I also liked the swamp witch (the nose was unnecessary, though).

by Anonymousreply 135March 30, 2019 8:28 PM

If the people who are always trashing Ru and who are always coming for her crown had half the drive and ambition that he did, they wouldn't need to base their whole careers on trashing Ru. And that's the problem with this generation and people like Pearl and The Vixen, they want all the glory and all the fame, they just don't want to do the motherfucking work. Ru did the work and he doesn't have to explain himself to anyone about his choices.

I have often wondered who would be left of the fanbase if you took out the racists, the social justice butterflies, and all the victims.

by Anonymousreply 136March 30, 2019 8:43 PM

That was some bullshit right there.

First off, thank fuck Ariel got booted. Annoying, whining and not half as talented as she thought she was. Stop bitching about Scarlet and concentrate on you're own drag Ariel.

The biggest WTF was Scarlet being robbed of the win. She met the brief and then some with her originality and conception. Sure it wasn't 100 per cent polished, but for fuck sake some two dollar dinosaur feet was a fucking travesty as was toilet paper and a plastic snake wrapped around Brooke Lynn. Scarlet looked phenomenal in all her looks and she opted to go for some obscure references which I very much appreciated and she had a running theme throughout all looks. What pissed me off though wasn't just that she wasn't acknowledged, the edit went out of its way to make her look like a hack. Fuck that.

Nina did great. I liked Plastique. Yvie is so overrated. All her looks were either shit or basic. I love Silky but she deserved to be in the bottom over Suguh. Brooke Lynn danced down the runway and they all wet themselves. Fuck that.

Bonus points for Plastique looking exactly like Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen in the doll challenge. Freaky.

by Anonymousreply 137March 30, 2019 11:24 PM

R127, the ironic thing is that Cracker got into drag because of Bob so she’s a copy of a copy. As are most of these girls.

by Anonymousreply 138March 30, 2019 11:39 PM

Silky was gross. With everything. Damn, sometimes I don’t wanna watch Untucked. Who the hell wants to see that fat cow running around half naked??? Hate her so very much. I cannot believe she has a Masters degree.

Ariel was a hottie and I hated seeing him go.

by Anonymousreply 139March 31, 2019 6:20 AM

I love Brooke Lynn's style, but her personality is a snooze. OTOH, I adore Vanjie as a personality, but her runways are just OK.

Scarlet isn't very fishy, but she is glamorous and interesting. She sort of reminds me of Suzy Parker or Blaze Starr.

by Anonymousreply 140March 31, 2019 6:34 AM

What did Sugar do in the “corporate world” where she was earning a six-figure salary?

by Anonymousreply 141March 31, 2019 10:42 PM

I mean making 100k in New York is not some impressive salary. Making 100k in New York is the same as making 40k in Cleveland.

by Anonymousreply 142March 31, 2019 10:50 PM

[Quote]Hate her so very much. I cannot believe she has a Masters degree.

Anybody can get a masters degree from *somewhere* if they are willing to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 143March 31, 2019 11:24 PM

Ah, Bianca. Very funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 1, 2019 7:07 PM

Ivie is wearing thin. I was starting to like her but she is laying it on a little think.

by Anonymousreply 145April 1, 2019 7:25 PM

thick.

by Anonymousreply 146April 1, 2019 7:25 PM

R145 Still better than The Vixen. And at least he was an option and the talent to back it up

by Anonymousreply 147April 1, 2019 7:28 PM

Amen, r139. I mean, good for Stinky that she's not ashamed of her body, but that doesn't mean we can't be ashamed for her. The neck sweat in her TH is yucky, and she could probably make cheese with the sweaty gunk under her udders. As for the master's degree, I want to see receipts.

Oh, and she also has her own sexual harassment/assault accusation(s). (Sorry if that's already been discussed.)

by Anonymousreply 148April 1, 2019 9:06 PM

It’s nice to see that the queens aren’t as hateful as R148. Hopefully R148 is old and will die soon.

by Anonymousreply 149April 2, 2019 12:36 AM

R148 should turn off the show. Most men should not appear on camera or on the street without their shirts on. Silky is one of them. My only comment is that her body shape makes it difficult to create and control a good silhouette for the runway. She's smaller than Eureka but their weight distribution is very different. Silky can paint a pretty mug and has polished pageant girl style. She shone as Oprah. That white dress, her attitude and makeup were everything and I completely get why she won. For a quick minute she completely channelled Oprah AND she performed well.

Silky is far more polished than Monet XChange Counter was on either of her seasons. R148 is disgusted by her fat. She's not hiding it. I get it. That's all you have to say. Unless you have another agenda.

by Anonymousreply 150April 2, 2019 1:05 AM

I've liked Yvie's previous runways, but these ones should have landed her in the bottom (or did they? It wasn't quite clear.)

by Anonymousreply 151April 2, 2019 1:17 AM

R151 Ru only mentioned her because he was impressed by her first two looks. She wasn't in the top or bottom. Some really effed up choices in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 152April 2, 2019 1:19 AM

I should be bothered by Silky but I'm not. I love that she's rubbing most of the cast the wrong way and I find her funny. Her showing off her fat isn't bothering me. If you want to call her a villain that's fine, I'm just appreciating someone that clearly doesn't give a fuck over a silly Miss Congeniality award.

by Anonymousreply 153April 2, 2019 1:21 AM

R153 Silky Hungarian Goulash, the stupidest christian to ever do bad drag, is a fucking jumbo jet crash of loud untalented stupidity in barely human form.

by Anonymousreply 154April 2, 2019 1:23 AM

What kind of company would hire Shuga Cain for a six figure job with that phony affected ghetto voice? I’m being serious. How unprofessional is that. Wouldn’t she have to meet with clients? What kind of impression would that make on them? I’d be reticent to do business with someone who sounds like they’re trying to get cast on the Bad Girls Club.

by Anonymousreply 155April 2, 2019 2:49 AM

Stinky Garbage is agony to watch. Horrid personality. So So drag and a obnoxious mouth on her. One of the very worst contestants ever .

by Anonymousreply 156April 2, 2019 3:55 AM

Scarlet is coming up from the rear on these other contestants.

She’s a sassy little thing. Not sure where she’s going.

My guess for final four:

Yvie, Nina, Brooke, Aquera

Spoiler could be Vange or Scarlet

by Anonymousreply 157April 2, 2019 5:02 AM

I’ve come to really like Akeria and I hope she makes it to the end. My pick for the winner is Yvie or Vanjie. I think Vanjie is the new Alyssa Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 158April 2, 2019 8:37 AM

See what you're missing. All Stars 5 anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 2, 2019 3:58 PM

If Silky is a doctor then I’m an astronaut.

by Anonymousreply 160April 2, 2019 5:07 PM

I don’t know why everyone is so stunned by Silky’s degrees. How many shady looking, barely accredited colleges do you see advertised on the side of a bus? College degrees are basically worthless now. I’m not surprised she has a master’s degree, especially in whatever fake sounding major she mentioned. She also isn’t in a PhD program yet, she’s merely looking into it. But even then it won’t be surprising. It’ll be another Happy Meal diploma she won’t need in a topic of zero substance that she’ll be even further in debt for.

by Anonymousreply 161April 2, 2019 5:29 PM

Obviously Brooke Lynn has had serious dance training and RahJah O'Hara took jazz and tap in Miss Ludie's basement.

by Anonymousreply 162April 2, 2019 5:49 PM

Silky's credential's mentioned in the last thread. I'll repost that r445 here:

[quote] Silky went to Wabash College for undergrad and is doing her graduate work online at Indiana Wesleyan University.

Wabash is one of the remaining four all-male liberal arts colleges in the US; it's also notably conservative and fratty (estimated at 60–70% Greek). IWU is a shitty Christian school that's basically a rung above the University of Phoenix.

by Anonymousreply 163April 2, 2019 8:32 PM

credentials that is.

by Anonymousreply 164April 2, 2019 8:38 PM

The sneak peek of the new episode is up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 2, 2019 9:54 PM

r165 Thanks! I know some find Yvie's constant input annoying but like Ariel said at Roscoe's viewing party, Yvie always low-key has a point. She's the voice of the audience in some way and just says what we're all screaming at the TV already.

Silky remains deluded and apparently has difficulties pronouncing "lip sync" properly.

by Anonymousreply 166April 2, 2019 10:45 PM

So RuPaul has a talk show coming out too? How many gigs does he have?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 2, 2019 10:50 PM

Who is that, r159?

by Anonymousreply 168April 3, 2019 12:32 AM

It's The Vix__.

I won't invoke the devil by typing out the full name.

by Anonymousreply 169April 3, 2019 12:37 AM

The Vixen is a cute guy and a good stage performer. She really fucked it up for herself though. Thrown off all the Werk the World and Drag Race tours. She did do Drag Con though and recently appeared at Princeton. Black Girl Magic at Roscoes does well and gets a lot top level guests. Bob, Shea, Monet, Chci Chi, Asia and Coco Montrese have all guest appeared in BGM when in Chicago. So I don't think Vixen minds too much. He has lots of supporters in the Drag Race alumni from all backgrounds and seasons. He certainly isn't the craziest or meanest and far from the dumbest contestant ever on RPDR.

This tweet is The Vixen's response to the announcement of RuPaul's talk show on FOX. Can't say I disagree with her. Don't bother @ me, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 3, 2019 1:23 AM

All I see is her bitterness. That's enough of giving her attention.

by Anonymousreply 171April 3, 2019 1:30 AM

Awful creature. Had to block her on Twitter as her thirsty ass kept popping up in the replies of non-drag people I follow.

Someone made a joke about how gays in open relationships often tend to start talking about their open relationships unprompted, and there she was, the first reply to the joke, expounding on the virtues of an open relationship. Truly [italic]the worst.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 172April 3, 2019 1:33 AM

I wouldn't be too certain The Vixen isn't the dumbest Drag Racer. That Twitter exchange with Manila was pathetic on Vixen's part. The fact that she even doubled down with "I was trying to hurt Manila by..." It was beyond idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 173April 3, 2019 1:35 AM

I think the last Ru podcast to which I listened was the Blondie one. I came away thinking, Michelle aside, these people have done a lot of drugs...I guess with a TV budget, they can prepare Ru more thoroughly in terms of research/questions but I don't think a talk show is a great idea. He's not all that relatable when he starts waffling about the matrix etc. He's a little scattered outside of bitty Drag Race shooting format.

by Anonymousreply 174April 3, 2019 1:40 AM

[R148] should turn off the show.

Why, because I gave my opinion on a reality tv celeb? Maybe you should turn off DL if the content is too sensitive for you.

[quote]Most men should not appear on camera or on the street without their shirts on.

I agree, especially ones that have bigger tits than most women. But Silky hasn't just been topless, she's been shown totally nude (the photobomb challenge). Nobody else could get away with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 175April 3, 2019 1:47 AM

Nobody else could get away with it because nobody else had an apron of fat that literally obscured any hint of genitalia

by Anonymousreply 176April 3, 2019 6:20 AM

Cue Titania McGrath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 3, 2019 8:57 AM

Titania's the name of a fairy. That's a bridge troll.

by Anonymousreply 178April 3, 2019 5:14 PM

During the tender, vulnerable scene, we got to hear Vangie’s real voice. She should use her real voice often since her “on” screeching and bellowing is so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 179April 5, 2019 1:43 AM

I expected that challenge to be a trainwreck, but in was entertained.

by Anonymousreply 180April 5, 2019 2:06 AM

Did Vangie yell “Last dance, bitch!” as Scarlet sashayed away? Ouch.

RaJah killed that lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 181April 5, 2019 2:34 AM

Silkys runway was not at all up to par (not for the first time), she is lucky she was on the winning team.

by Anonymousreply 182April 5, 2019 2:39 AM

The wrong queen went home. Yes, Scarlett was a trainwreck in that challenge, but she's also excelled at challenges. Raja has been consistently in the bottom. Her lip sync was so basic too. Scarlett's may not have been "good" but it was at least entertaining.

I'm glad A'Keria got a win. I like her a lot.

Once again Shuga has somehow slithered into another episode.

by Anonymousreply 183April 5, 2019 5:44 AM

Thank good SHUGA still there or she'd have change her name to Shuga Cain't

by Anonymousreply 184April 5, 2019 5:50 AM

[quote]The wrong queen went home. Yes, Scarlett was a trainwreck in that challenge, but she's also excelled at challenges. Raja has been consistently in the bottom. Her lip sync was so basic too. Scarlett's may not have been "good" but it was at least entertaining.

I think Ru is getting tired of "bag of tricks" lip-syncs.

by Anonymousreply 185April 5, 2019 5:55 AM

I guess this means that Scarlet didn't put out for that producer after all.

by Anonymousreply 186April 5, 2019 6:21 AM

Ra Jah is so fucking basic and not remotely entertaining. Ru should have sent her always-in-the-bottom ass home. And sick of her confessionals with those Urkel glasses.

by Anonymousreply 187April 5, 2019 10:32 AM

[quote] The wrong queen went home.

Oh please. Ra'Jah actually had me rooting for her in the lip sync. It looked like she understood the song was really feeling it! I liked Scarlet's glitter moment but cutting her dress and then struggling out of it was inelegant and it took so long she nearly missed the change in the music.

by Anonymousreply 188April 5, 2019 10:40 AM

Rajah is poison that needs to be drawn out of this competition.

Three guest judges on the panel was too much; the AA chick barely spoke!

by Anonymousreply 189April 5, 2019 12:05 PM

yadda yadda yadda

by Anonymousreply 190April 5, 2019 12:08 PM

RaJa did better but RaJa is still basic as fuck. I would've preferred Skarlett to stay and if Skarlett had to go, then both should've been sent packing.

by Anonymousreply 191April 5, 2019 12:43 PM

Yeah I would have preferred Skarlett to stay, but if we are going to be fair she lost that lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 192April 5, 2019 12:47 PM

I was very happy that Scarlett went home. But don't worry, Raja won't be far behind!

by Anonymousreply 193April 5, 2019 12:50 PM

Sharron really is one of the GOATs, isn't she? Damn, she's sharp as a tack even after all this time. I can't believe Aquaria is her drag daughter.

Scarlett's face crack at 32:15, though. Did you know she has two moms (both named Sheri!), a biological dad, and a stepmom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 5, 2019 12:59 PM

Clock the grissini legs.

And thank god Ru broke all the pattern craziness going on in that shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 5, 2019 1:12 PM

Marry me, R17. What a breath of fresh air.

This show needs better writers. The Trump jokes were so tired. Yeesh. Just proves that drag is no longer counter culture when it’s making Samantha “Head-Frau-in-Charge” Bee jokes from 2016.

They should bring back the crazy white guy who did the better musical numbers too.

by Anonymousreply 196April 5, 2019 3:30 PM

Someone who actually typed out the phrase "brainwashed sheeple" is a breath of fresh air? In this economy?!

by Anonymousreply 197April 5, 2019 3:43 PM

R196 is Lucien Pianne.

by Anonymousreply 198April 5, 2019 4:05 PM

Goodbye, Scarlet....thank God. And I hope the poster above is correct and Raj is close behind. He is so annoying and has an excuse for his continued failure in every challenge.

AND most of all....poor Scarlet had just had EVERY queen onstage say she should go home.....can you imagine how that would feel?? And Raj was on her about calling her name!

by Anonymousreply 199April 5, 2019 4:40 PM

Ra'Jah will be out in an episode or two.

by Anonymousreply 200April 5, 2019 4:42 PM

I want to go back and watch some older seasons. But I don’t have time to watch them all.

Any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 201April 5, 2019 6:39 PM

R201 Seasons 2 and Season 4 are the best I think. In the UK, all seasons are now on Netflix so there is no hurry if you want to go back. Are all the seasons on a streaming service where you are? Otherwise, torrent them.

by Anonymousreply 202April 5, 2019 9:13 PM

No they are $30 a season in the U.S. Or like 2 bucks an episode.

by Anonymousreply 203April 5, 2019 9:20 PM

Ivie has lost me. She is a hypocrite and an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 204April 5, 2019 9:21 PM

She's not a hypocrite, she's in a body that is failing her and she sees people halfassing and gives them the fucking business. Her critiques are way more helpful than most of the judges.

by Anonymousreply 205April 5, 2019 10:31 PM

Travis Wall is a cute lil pocket gay.

by Anonymousreply 206April 5, 2019 11:51 PM

For a world class choreographer, Travis Wall is surprisingly flabby. Just saying.

Interesting that the show kept in Plastique’s dig at Todrick.

by Anonymousreply 207April 5, 2019 11:59 PM

this is flabby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 6, 2019 12:27 AM

R207 yeah, fuck off Todrick, your 15 minutes are well and truly over

by Anonymousreply 209April 6, 2019 12:31 AM

Travis Wall is adorable. Did he fuck Adam Rippon?

by Anonymousreply 210April 6, 2019 1:57 AM

Am I the only who thinks Raja looks like Urkel?

by Anonymousreply 211April 6, 2019 1:59 AM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 212April 6, 2019 2:24 AM

I love Sharon. She seems scary and unstable, but she is clever. I watched the roast of Visage on Youtube, and Bianca the cunt reslly went after Sharon in an unfunny way. Bianca would do well in the Catskills. She’s basically gay borscht belt, Don Rickles in a wig. What a hockey puck.

by Anonymousreply 213April 6, 2019 5:26 AM

Why is the new episode not on itunes. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 214April 6, 2019 10:23 PM

I see Urkel, but Rahja always reminds me of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215April 7, 2019 12:36 AM

Yeah Bianca is sad.

by Anonymousreply 216April 7, 2019 4:48 AM

Well, very disappointed that Scarlett went home. But, yeah, he didn’t really try to dance or put in more of an effort.

Don’t really care who might win now.

by Anonymousreply 217April 7, 2019 6:46 PM

Scarlet was a look queen whose time was up. WELL-HEELED QUEEN GETS THE BOOT

by Anonymousreply 218April 7, 2019 7:07 PM

People gauge Ru hell for the tie in All Stars 4 but she didn’t even make that decision right? That was the other three?

by Anonymousreply 219April 8, 2019 1:22 AM

Nevermind. Question withdrawn.

by Anonymousreply 220April 8, 2019 1:24 AM

I'be noticed that if a current season queen is hosting an episode at Roscoe's, chances are that is the queen that got eliminated for that week. I was at Ariel's episode and everyone visibly gasped when she fell in the lipsync. She was not happy reliving her elimination. Scarlett was at last week's screening.

by Anonymousreply 221April 8, 2019 2:54 AM

I was noticing the same thing about Roscoes. If that’s the case, then doesn’t kind of spoil the ending for the audience?

by Anonymousreply 222April 8, 2019 2:57 AM

Is the Roscoes viewing party fun? I haven't been to that bar in ages. Everyone was so cunty and young the last time I was in there. Isn't there another place further up North that also has viewing parties? They used to do one with AHS but it's been a while. I am so out of touch with Halsted these days.

by Anonymousreply 223April 8, 2019 2:59 AM

Tired of all the crying on this show, but Vanessa speaking like a normal person when she had her mini meltdown in the workroom was refreshing. Miss Vanjie needs to step her game up on the runway, however.

Yvie is growing on me.

Rajah is just wasting everyone's time at this point.

by Anonymousreply 224April 8, 2019 3:34 AM

Shuga has already been a Roscoe's Viewing Party gues this season, though.

by Anonymousreply 225April 8, 2019 5:58 AM

r223, according to my friend, Roscoe's had a very nice renovation (it was my first time there). The party was pretty subdued, I think because of Ariel's spectacular failure at the lipsync. It was a nice mix of young and elders though.

by Anonymousreply 226April 8, 2019 4:32 PM

The subdued crowd at Roscoe's has been a source of onstage comment by some of the queens in recent weeks. The audience really lets a queen know if she's a favourite or not.

by Anonymousreply 227April 8, 2019 5:43 PM

Yvie doesn't make any facial expressions when she speaks. It's a "what's the big deal?", blank-faced affectation she uses when she says something dramatic or negative. I interpret it as a defense mechanism; her interpretation of what appearing invulnerable might be. It's like, "Sometimes one of my legs falls off.😐"

by Anonymousreply 228April 9, 2019 1:17 AM

Thanks r226.

[quote]It was a nice mix of young and elders though.

I didn't know that anyone under 30 went in there. Funny story - that's where my first fake ID got taken away in the 90s... what I was so desperate to get in to see, I have no idea in retrospect. I was thinking of Replay - where they did AHS parties - but this was a long time ago. AHS Freak Show was the last one I was there for (2014). I feel so fucking old on Halsted.

by Anonymousreply 229April 9, 2019 5:55 AM

Has no one watched this week's preview?

by Anonymousreply 230April 11, 2019 8:16 PM

These ugly bitches have been performing really well in the challenges. Its not a great runway season, but overall Eleven is better than 10, 9, and 8. Akeria did do that gold dress beaded feather 10 grand pageant gown justice. Brooke Lynn Hytes and Yvie seem pretty sure final four contenders too. I want to see them lip sync, because I'm curious. I get that Nina is a broad, funny and wised up performer - but her drag is terrible. Silky is looking like a classic RPDR formula - lots of airtime, probably another win coming - then that painful last elimination before the finale. Raja and Shuga Cain't can go NOW but Miss Scarlet ain't done yet....

by Anonymousreply 231April 11, 2019 11:50 PM

That ugly tattoo on Vangie makes it look like she’s bleeding internally

by Anonymousreply 232April 12, 2019 1:48 AM

VVM is almost there? Fuck it I love her. We can distinguish who can win the prescribed show from who is best or most memorable. Vanjie's not worried about her ugly tattoo. That gross Kameron Michaels is covered in dude boy tattoos and muscles and no talent...and he's like 40 years old. Top 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233April 12, 2019 2:03 AM

That lip sync was embarrassing for all of us

by Anonymousreply 234April 12, 2019 2:29 AM

Creamy Chicken Alfredo is so jealous of Evie Oddly.

by Anonymousreply 235April 12, 2019 2:32 AM

Thank God we got rid of Ra'Jah......now if only Slutty Nutbag would go....

Seeing her proclaim: "America will love me....." just made it worse for me.....No....no America won't love you. Her delusion and hate both come from a sad place deep inside her fat self.

by Anonymousreply 236April 12, 2019 3:30 AM

Seeing her proclaim: "America will love me....." just made it worse for me.....No....no America won't love you. Her delusion and hate both come from a sad place deep inside her fat self.

by Anonymousreply 237April 12, 2019 3:30 AM

by Anonymousreply 238April 12, 2019 3:30 AM

Just in case you didn't see it the first time.....sorry.....computer problems......

by Anonymousreply 239April 12, 2019 3:31 AM

Slinky Garbage needs to go NEXT. She adds nothing to the mix and her attitude has worn out its welcome. Gurl bye.

by Anonymousreply 240April 12, 2019 4:49 AM

Hang on. Was I seeing things or did they pixelate out the nipples on the fake tits? Has it really come to this? They got the WORD tits in, the showed us (horrifyingly) Silky's REAL tits, nipples and all . But they fucking censored the nipples on the fake tits? This show is getting more Disney-fied by each episode, I swear.

Why doesn't Vangie, at least once in a while, cover up that horrible tat with Dermablend, or spackle, or whatever? It's distracting as fuck and with good makeup totally unnecessary. Is it a "statement"? I don't get it. I find all of these bitches tattoos distracting, but hers is particularly so. I also thought her runway look was lame.

Plastique did look gorgeous in her runway look, but yeah, her whole storyline this episode was suspect enough even without that boyfriend video. I've never seen Ru so gooey as I did in the workroom scene. I respect Alyssa Edwards and enjoyed seeing her, but the trifecta of Ru, Alyssa and the video of Plastique's boyfriend *and* a win was ridiculously over the top and painfully obvious (though she did perform very well). My guess is she goes home next, and this was scripted to make Ru look lovable. I'm a cynical cunt, what can I say...

by Anonymousreply 241April 12, 2019 6:45 AM

They pixelated the queens' nipples on the naked runway challenge in the first episode of season 7 as well.

by Anonymousreply 242April 12, 2019 6:50 AM

The bottom two should have bee n A'Keria and Vanjie.

I'll miss the show going to town on Rah'jah in the edit. She gave them everything they need but lordt, they've shown no mercy.

by Anonymousreply 243April 12, 2019 6:50 AM

r242 Thanks. Now I'm even more confused why when out of drag, nipples are OK, but for silicone falsies this was necessary. So fucking dumb, yet I'm still watching, so who's the real idiot? Me.

by Anonymousreply 244April 12, 2019 6:58 AM

R242 I meant thanks for the information. I'm a total cunt tonight, pay no attention.

by Anonymousreply 245April 12, 2019 7:01 AM

I really disliked Vanjie's look on the runway this week (and she hasn't really been that impressive on the runway in general), but I was tired of Ra'Jah hanging around being mediocre and am not sorry to see her go. Was there anything about her in particular that brought the U in CUNT? Even in full paint, I kept confusing her with Honey Davenport in the early episodes.

I wasn't crazy about Shuga Cain's look this week either. Once Chunky is gone and out of the way, Shuga and Vanjie should be next in line for a LSFYL.

by Anonymousreply 246April 12, 2019 7:07 AM

[quote]Thanks. Now I'm even more confused why when out of drag, nipples are OK, but for silicone falsies this was necessary.

Men's nipples are fine but as soon as it's women's or even a terrible replication of a woman's nipple, heaven forbid it should be seen in public! That's why.

by Anonymousreply 247April 12, 2019 7:26 AM

I think Vangie is fun, but comparing her to Alyssa is a stretch. Yes, both have similar humor, but Alyssa is a first rate dancer and choreographer. What is Vangie's talent? She can't sew which is why this last look was a disaster. Ropes tied around the tatooed chest. I can't believe she was safe and I really like Vangie, but I think it's time for her to go.

by Anonymousreply 248April 12, 2019 7:43 AM

I think Vangie will make it to the top 3. I love her, but agree her runway looks are generally not up to par (to put it mildly after this last look). No way they will have her win after she was the first one out on her first season. That might be best for her. Keep her the scrappy underdog, only with more status. She'll probably win her season of All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 249April 12, 2019 7:50 AM

what is it about the name O'Hara that makes these queens turn into major cunts?

by Anonymousreply 250April 12, 2019 10:11 AM

Valentina's boy nipples were censored when she was wearing that gold dress, what the hell are ya'll talking about?

by Anonymousreply 251April 12, 2019 10:58 AM

R251 In the workroom, the nipples aren't censored. When they are in drag, it seems they are for whatever fucking reason. My issue is why were the fake fucking titty nipples censored? In closeup, before the queens were even wearing them, they had fucking pasties on fake fucking nipples. It just seems so juvenile. Then again I don't have chick tits, so maybe there is a whole thing I am missing here. Sorry, moving on, I'll shut up.

by Anonymousreply 252April 12, 2019 11:51 AM

Vangie totally bores me now. She seems to get more tirimg every episode. A one trick pony if there ever was. Plus, I cant stand how she never has any type of breast. Just flat boy chest. IMO, it's lazy amd a total cop out. Especially with that big head of his and slim body, it would help balance it all out.

by Anonymousreply 253April 12, 2019 12:05 PM

Well, at least they aren't all wearing those fucking breastplates like they did in season...can't fucking remember, but it was a constant, and trendy and unimaginative. He does have a big head. Nina gets shit for not being in proportion, Vangie needs some heat in that direction too. Still rooting for top 3 placement, but sure she won't win.

by Anonymousreply 254April 12, 2019 12:19 PM

Finally, the poison that is Ra'Jah is no more. Was Plastique really lying when talking to Ru? That was an old-school explosive Untucked and I loved every minute of it. The absolute facecrack on Silky when Yvie kept tearing her down... I'll keep replaying that one for some time, I think.

[quote]My issue is why were the fake fucking titty nipples censored?

Nipples are censored whenever they are "female-presenting". Yes, it's insane, but it's a cultural thing so rail against the squeamish, overly-religious culture that enables this self-censorship in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 255April 12, 2019 12:22 PM

If anybody doubted Brook Lynn was Canadian: "Can't we just bottle our feelings like normal people!"

by Anonymousreply 256April 12, 2019 1:20 PM

Eevie came here to fight since that worked out so well for Vixen

by Anonymousreply 257April 12, 2019 1:35 PM

Except Vixen is braindead and her language is so terribly uneconomical, I had no idea what she was talking about half the time. Yvie cut Silky down with a single short and smart retort, and she did it over and over again until the cunt was rendered speechless, mouth agape.

I do agree that Yvie coming after Vanjie was a bit much, but she was riled up and feeling cornered.

by Anonymousreply 258April 12, 2019 1:41 PM

It’s a shame about Yvie. She’s so talented with her strange runway and quirky performances. She’s the front runner and you can tell Ru loves her. But her personality is unnecessarily nasty. She doesn’t need to be. This episode kind of killed off her momentum for me.

That self-righteous little rant (and her rehearsed recitation of it) on the runway during the rehearsal was peak cringe.

by Anonymousreply 259April 12, 2019 4:10 PM

Plastique's bf is Asian. That's nice to see.

by Anonymousreply 260April 12, 2019 10:03 PM

Plastique is a beautiful boy. I hated that Ru used him that way, saying "I'm your mother now" or whatever bullshit he says to people that he won't even speak to off camera.

Ru was extra energized again this episode.....allergies I guess.

by Anonymousreply 261April 12, 2019 10:13 PM

[quote]I wasn't crazy about Shuga Cain's look this week either.

Shuga seems like a cool person, and I like seeing an older queen in the competition, but she has been extremely lucky these past several episodes. Her runways are lackluster at best.

by Anonymousreply 262April 12, 2019 10:23 PM

Shuga is Laganja without the personality or talent.

by Anonymousreply 263April 12, 2019 11:01 PM

“Suga don’t bite” as RuPaul pointed out.

Plastique is pretty and seems kind. Brook Lynn is a great drag queen. Nina is talented. The rest can hop in the van.

by Anonymousreply 264April 12, 2019 11:14 PM

on "Untucked" Fat mess just said Evie was always "ar-goo-ing" (not arguing)....this is a doctoral candidate? How much did SHE pay? Lori Loughlin must be embarrassed (or at least feel cheated!)

by Anonymousreply 265April 13, 2019 12:26 AM

Yvie should back it up a little bit. She doesn't need to be so combative. She makes it her job to push them. It's a little much. She's still great though. She and Brook Lynn both looked amazing. Diploma Mill Ganache can go home.

by Anonymousreply 266April 13, 2019 12:29 AM

r265 I've noticed she has a problem pronouncing words properly as well. She also says loop sync instead of lip sync. And it's not a regional thing either.

by Anonymousreply 267April 13, 2019 12:36 AM

Plastique had the story line this week but she's still boring. Her boyfriend's cute. I don't think what she said is necessarily inconsistent. She doesn't feel supported but maybe she didn't know her family was watching along or wasn't on that day giving them enough credit? More like Ra'Jah cooking up a blacks vs asians scenario.

by Anonymousreply 268April 13, 2019 12:44 AM

Yeah it is embarrassing how Ru calls her Dr. Ganache, no, just no.

by Anonymousreply 269April 13, 2019 12:45 AM

The competition just got real. There's some grasping at straws.

by Anonymousreply 270April 13, 2019 12:50 AM

Plastique's boyfriend is cute af. I got some low-key pig vibes from him. Would love to get my fist up there...

[quote]More like Ra'Jah cooking up a blacks vs asians scenario.

Ooh, you went there.

by Anonymousreply 271April 13, 2019 12:56 AM

I wouldn't count Plastique Tiara out of the finale yet. I want to see that gorgeous creature lip synch. Yvie is destroying her chances of winning, she probably doesn't realize that she had a chance. I don't see Brook Lynn taking this as perfect as he seems, there's something missing. Alyssa Edwards never placed higher than 5th alternate. How is that possible? She's so fucking fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272April 13, 2019 1:13 AM

Plastique, as she said herself, is the prettiest.

by Anonymousreply 273April 13, 2019 1:16 AM

R272 I agree, fucking fabulous and talented as hell. Did you watch Dancing Queen on Netflix? I binged it. Very good. A lot of insight. I hope it gets a second season, but even as a stand alone it well worth watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 13, 2019 1:24 AM

As fabulous as Alyssa is, she wasn't the greatest when it came to the Drag Race format. Plus, as incredulous as this sounds, she genuinely thought during Season 5 that she wasn't a funny queen.

by Anonymousreply 275April 13, 2019 1:26 AM

I was flipping channels and there was a documentary about a woman who was transitioning into a male and was getting her breasts removed. She looked like a guy, and even after the surgery and the scars, they still pixelated her/his nipples. We Americans are prudes.

I was checking out Yvie's IG-her makeup skills have improved considerably, and like Alaska, Sharon, & Milk, has embraced being glamorous. I'd like Brooklyn to win, but she'll do just fine not winning.

by Anonymousreply 276April 13, 2019 5:19 AM

Piano playing President, too? This guy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 13, 2019 5:24 AM

Wrong thread. Whoopsies!

by Anonymousreply 278April 13, 2019 5:25 AM

Chasten could be a guest judge.

by Anonymousreply 279April 13, 2019 11:48 AM

Finally got to see this week's episode and it was another instance where Untucked was so much better than the actual show. What really is/was Rajah's problem, not only with the other queens but life in general? Seemed like she was ready to be belligerent and start fights with anyone and everyone as well as being rude and nasty in almost every backstage and confessional scene. Attacking Plastique because she just happened to be lucky enough to have three moments this week, including an affirmation from RuPaul? And she was also angry about Platique's comments about not being accepted by her family but, in her boyfriend's video having him say he and Plastique's mother and grandmother were watching the show and cheering her on - did Rajah ever stop and consider that one side of Platique's family accepted her while the other side was diametrically opposed? She also made the strange comment that the only reason she kept being chosen for the bottom looks and forced to lip sync as because "it made for good television". Delusional.

And speaking of delusional, Silky had another week of strange behavior. From her preparing for the mini challenge with her obsessive talk of "titties" to her seemingly inability to create designs (granted, other queens have faced the same flaw) to her Untucked proclamation that the home audience is in love with her and all of the other queens hate her because of it, not the fact that she's coasting through all of the challenges and getting by because she's a "personality".

by Anonymousreply 280April 13, 2019 6:03 PM

[quote]What really is/was Rajah's problem, not only with the other queens but life in general?

She realised she wasn't cutting it this season and decided to lean into the drama and at least get invited back for All Stars, would be my best bet.

by Anonymousreply 281April 13, 2019 6:13 PM

Apparently, Rah'jah's Whatcha Packin' segment gives added context to her behaviour but I couldn't be bothered to watch it.

The Roscoe's broadcast was good. Milk was quite drunk and entertaining... and frisky. I find it hard to believe that he and his boyfriend are monogamous.

by Anonymousreply 282April 13, 2019 6:20 PM

[QUOTE]what is it about the name O'Hara that makes these queens turn into major cunts?[/QUOTE]

R250 I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 283April 13, 2019 6:22 PM

r282 Monogamous? Those two with the constant smut talk? They obviously have men over all the time, if not an outright open arrangement.

I didn't enjoy Roscoe's as there were too many quest queens. I guess two early seasons queens count for one current season queen and that's why they book more of them.

by Anonymousreply 284April 13, 2019 6:25 PM

Just based on the runway, Vangie and Nina West should have been the bottom two, but I understand it was Ra'jah's time to go.

Yvie Oddly needs to pick her battles. I thought she grew in last Untucked but then she reverted right back to "I'm only here to fight."

by Anonymousreply 285April 13, 2019 11:54 PM

It drives me crazy that Yvie keeps pulling this “queens don’t like me because I’m different” shit when it translates to her tearing everyone down based on real or perceived weaknesses.

You don’t get to claim outsider credibility to justify zero emotional control and anger management issues.

by Anonymousreply 286April 14, 2019 12:41 AM

Fuck, Yvie is becoming another boring Vixen, everybody else has/is the problem. At least Yvie does not race bait, so I like her

by Anonymousreply 287April 14, 2019 12:53 AM

I think Yvie is talented as fuck, which is why it’s such a bummer. The Vixen was an angry toxic person who also had shit drag. I don’t want to resent Yvie. It’s going to be very bittersweet if she wins the season.

She may be the best of the bunch, but her personality is rotten.

by Anonymousreply 288April 14, 2019 1:00 AM

The top of Yvie’s head looks like a brain when she bunches the skin up.

by Anonymousreply 289April 14, 2019 1:24 AM

I meant to look up her Stretch Armstrong disease but I forgot what it's called.

by Anonymousreply 290April 14, 2019 1:27 AM

I am really sick of the poster and their tired "pretending to forget Silky's name". I don't enjoy her either, but your posts are tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 291April 14, 2019 1:36 AM

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, R290.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292April 14, 2019 1:39 AM

R291 You mean Sulky Hungarian Goulash? Stupid name gets mocked, every time

by Anonymousreply 293April 14, 2019 1:50 AM

Dr. Sulky is in for the fix. She's going to make top four. They even changed Aquaria's boot of her beans and rice dress to a toot in the edit of this week's FPR.

Sorry, but Nina is a terrible drag queen who can't even walk in heels and her outfit, wig and makeup were terrible. And Vangie had nothing on, the kind of "garment" that got Shangela sent home first in Season 2 and worse than the look that eliminated Vangie herself, first in Season 10. Stop the blatant manipulation of the damn show and let it be like regular fixed reality TV please. Raja was far from the worst this week. Either Nina or Vangie should be gone.

by Anonymousreply 294April 14, 2019 2:26 AM

Nina is not a terrible drag queen. As Adam rippon said he didn’t give a shit about her dancing he couldn’t take his eyes off her. She brings it in every challenge. thank goodness rajah was voted he was a miserable cunt and those pants where beyond sad. The gay urkel doesn’t work for me.

by Anonymousreply 295April 14, 2019 3:22 AM

Nina and Shuga are both first place eliminations in any other season of Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 296April 14, 2019 3:27 AM

Nina is so ugly she hurts my feelings. She wasn't pretty enough to play Sarah Sanders. And that Hello Dolly dress? WTF? Did it come from CVS? Her makeup is terrible and her drag is dime store pageant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297April 14, 2019 3:43 AM

R297 Out of drag, she looks like Neelix on 'Star Trek - Voyager'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 14, 2019 3:53 AM

Nina is a great DQ. Will she make top 3? No but she's still great. Vangies looks are the terrible and her walk is even worse. Rah'jah has SUCKED from the start. Her best look was what she walk in with. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 299April 14, 2019 4:07 AM

So glad to see that bitter queen go home, especially after all that shit she talked about Scarlett after she was eliminated.

Karma, bitch.

I’m still not impressed by Vanjie. Silky continues to repulse.

I guess I’m rooting for Plastique even though there’s really not much there.

by Anonymousreply 300April 14, 2019 6:37 AM

Forgot to say that this episode make me like Yvie and I might root for her now. Poor guy, feel bad for his condition.

by Anonymousreply 301April 14, 2019 6:39 AM

Yikesvie seems to want to help queens step thier oussys up but seems pissed the way she goes about it. No one is asking for her opinions, Mary. She should just keep her stretchy mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 302April 14, 2019 6:47 AM

Yvie was more likable this week, I thought. She made a couple of sweet facial expressions, one when Plastique was having her workroom moment, which appeared genuine. It made me think that she does in fact use her otherwise deadpan countenance as a front.

by Anonymousreply 303April 14, 2019 8:17 AM

Dick Queller?

by Anonymousreply 304April 14, 2019 8:33 AM

I was also glad to see Plastique has an Asian bf. Her pink wigged drag seems so "white passing".

by Anonymousreply 305April 14, 2019 8:34 AM

Is anyone else over cleavage contour? Wear tits or don't.

by Anonymousreply 306April 14, 2019 8:35 AM

I enjoy Yvie needling the others over critiques. Her arguments are sound. And she's exposing the others phony excuses.

by Anonymousreply 307April 14, 2019 8:37 AM

R306 Vanjie needs tits or shading or something fast, cause her boy chest is doing my head in

by Anonymousreply 308April 14, 2019 8:42 AM

It's Vanjie's chest tattoo that anoys me. It's very limiting.

by Anonymousreply 309April 14, 2019 8:45 AM

*annoys

by Anonymousreply 310April 14, 2019 8:46 AM

Yvie is not a good stage performer, not yet. More walking around and bendy dancing than entertaining. Definitely not a lip synch assassin. They're not a very funny bunch on season 11 either. But Yvie might do well on the Hater's Roast. Who will ever top this trainwreck though?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311April 14, 2019 9:00 AM

So, those of you who dislike Vanje, Yvie and Silky, who do you enjoy?

by Anonymousreply 312April 14, 2019 10:13 AM

^^^Brook Lynn and Plastique

by Anonymousreply 313April 14, 2019 10:54 AM

Yvie did better the previous week where she was a little humbled by her injury. Yvie is not and will never be the Vixen. She's smarter than that. I was expecting more of a star out of Nina hearing about the Sia dress at the beginning but she is funny to watch. She looks out of her mind in some of the challenges. Good stuff. I can see thinking Vanjie's look could have been bottom two but Nina...no. It wasn't super good but she took notes and improved her proportionizing. And lavender is nice complement to corn.

by Anonymousreply 314April 14, 2019 11:06 AM

R307, after getting caught up with Untucked I thought of posting something in support of Yvie here, but decided against it. I should have taken a page from her book and stated my opinion without fear.

It's (mostly) the talent-deficient bitches that are regularly coming for Yvie, and it's not unreasonable for her to defend herself. I don't agree that it's her being "nasty" or "combative".

[quote]Is anyone else over cleavage contour? Wear tits or don't.

After this past episode with Shuga's runway look, where she had it on but then from the side profile we could still clearly see her boy nipples, I definitely am. It very rarely looks good on TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 14, 2019 9:17 PM

The whole Yvie thing was explained by Vangie in the argument. Vangie basically said she didn't mind the criticism, but the fact that Yvie did it on camera. I agree with Vangie.

by Anonymousreply 316April 15, 2019 11:58 AM

Ra'Jah seems humbled and I like that. Much better approach than Vixen's doubling down. Again, she's probably aiming for that All Stars stint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 15, 2019 1:18 PM

Good for Ra'Jah. It only really got petty when she complained to Plastique about the boosts Plastique was getting. Seemed a little envious and heartless!

by Anonymousreply 318April 15, 2019 2:03 PM

r318 Agreed. Also, wasn't A'keria who kind of set her off in that instance, intentionally or not?

by Anonymousreply 319April 15, 2019 2:10 PM

What I like about Yvie is that she doesn't have time for foolishness or excuses. Every time a queen is eliminated they all the say the same thing, I wish they could have seen the real me. Well, why didn't you bring the real you? You need to bring it in every challenge. You need to work through pain and push your own boundaries to succeed. That's her entire point, stop making excuses. Do the work and bring your best. I see nothing wrong with what Yvie is saying.

I'm the oddball on here because I like Silky and she makes me laugh. Everyone knows a Silky and everyone knows that the reason why people like Silky are the way they are is because they are terrified of something and they use a larger than life personality to cover up the demons.

by Anonymousreply 320April 15, 2019 2:24 PM

Yvie “playing the fiddle” during that cornpone sketch was one of the more disturbing things I’ve seen on RPDR. I know that queens are not known for subtlety, but that was just grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 321April 15, 2019 3:19 PM

r321- I think the choreo did that for her, just in case her ankle didn't improve.

I like Yvie, but people often mistake truth for rudeness.

by Anonymousreply 322April 15, 2019 3:26 PM

r321 It was supposed to be grotesque; like a hillbilly you'd see in an old cartoon. Eureka went for the same vibe in that mini challenge that she nailed but didn't win, I think.

by Anonymousreply 323April 15, 2019 3:39 PM

Eevie seems really miserable—nobody likes her, nobody understands her, etc. It’ll be interesting to see if she blames herself or blames others when it is her time to sashay away.

by Anonymousreply 324April 15, 2019 4:14 PM

I think Nina's acting and other performances are fantastic, but her actual drag looks cheap and basic. If she makes some money off her higher profile, I expect that her drag will improve.

by Anonymousreply 325April 15, 2019 4:28 PM

[quote]It was supposed to be grotesque; like a hillbilly you'd see in an old cartoon.

Well of course, but she was a grimacing, shuddering monsrosity that I can’t unsee. I’m not sure that’s even a criticism.

by Anonymousreply 326April 15, 2019 4:40 PM

I love you all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327April 15, 2019 11:39 PM

[quote]Vangie basically said she didn't mind the criticism, but the fact that Yvie did it on camera.

That's rich, coming from someone who puts on an entire persona as soon as the cameras start rolling.

by Anonymousreply 328April 15, 2019 11:42 PM

I always forget Shuga is an actual contestant this season.

by Anonymousreply 329April 16, 2019 2:32 AM

Shuga seems like a successful dude who always wanted to appear on reality TV to perform his conception of a sassy black chick. So he purchased some drag and got a spray tan. Hired a drag trainer. His accented confessionals are perfectly bizarre. That's not a real person - even for reality TV !!

He mistakenly believed "snatched wigs" meant recently hatched and never combed.

by Anonymousreply 330April 16, 2019 4:22 AM

Too much perfection can take away from the fun of a drag queen. Too much can be too much. Like diamonds and furs were meant for old broads who've lost their shape - here's your perfect breast contour. The ancient queen delivers overdressed realness. Not much more. In Vogue. Ru fucking Paul. Hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331April 16, 2019 7:20 AM

Y’ALL GET ME SOME HOT SAUCE!!! AND SOME LOTION FOR MY ASHY-ASS KNEES!

by Anonymousreply 332April 16, 2019 7:30 AM

I like that Ru pic, especially the red dreads do.

by Anonymousreply 333April 16, 2019 7:48 AM

That's the first time in 25 years that Rupaul has been made up and photographed to look black. He's on the RuDemption Tour for sure. And she needs it. Old nasty man is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 334April 16, 2019 7:59 AM

R334 = The Vixen, typing on a cracked screen T-mobile phone at a bus stop that's just close enough to a Starbucks to leech their WiFi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335April 16, 2019 9:30 AM

Shuga sucks. Very entry level.

by Anonymousreply 336April 16, 2019 11:01 AM

She is literally entry level r336, she just started doing drag shortly before coming on the show.

by Anonymousreply 337April 16, 2019 3:34 PM

It shows. Her forehead isn’t entry level. That bumpy road has been traveled many times.

by Anonymousreply 338April 16, 2019 5:04 PM

The tasteless imbeciles at /r/rupaulsdragrace LOVE Shuga Cain!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339April 16, 2019 5:08 PM

The sneak peek for this week’s episode is out. It’s Snatch Game!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 16, 2019 5:10 PM

In what world does Silky win that mini challenge? And Vanjie's delivery was terrible. That spat with Yvie clearly threw her off her game.

by Anonymousreply 341April 16, 2019 5:44 PM

Snatch Game has become so much about the reactions of the fools "in character" so they think - and the stupid stunts in between questions....and LESS about working on a character and giving funny answers to the questions.....it's a long tedious walk off a short pier.

It's like watching a bunch of untalented and unaware improv artists.....

by Anonymousreply 342April 16, 2019 6:39 PM

Would anyone on this season impersonate Mae West or Carol Channing or Maggie Smith for Snatch Game? Or will it be a bunch of Cardi Bs and Nikki Minajs?

by Anonymousreply 343April 16, 2019 6:50 PM

Remember Little Edie? What fun.....

by Anonymousreply 344April 16, 2019 6:55 PM

Jinx....forgot the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 16, 2019 6:56 PM

r344 I remember how I screamed when she announced she was doing Little Edie. I also remember most of the queens tragically having no clue who that was.

by Anonymousreply 346April 16, 2019 7:15 PM

I loved Little Edie.

Snatch Game is usually one of my favorite episodes, even if half of them fuck it up. I think it's one of the more important challenges to get right because just being a looks-queen or a dancing queen is not what connects you to people. The humor and camp that comes out in the Snatch is really a huge factor for me in terms of what queens I really like - aside from their true personalities revealed in untucked or just in the work room.

by Anonymousreply 347April 16, 2019 8:00 PM

Here's the Snatch Game yearbook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348April 16, 2019 8:04 PM

I'm really curious who each queen is going to play, but I don't want to look at spoilers.

Yvie has become so toxic. Will she lose this season because of it? Even Reddit is starting to turn off of her. Tyra won her season with a rotten attitude. But it's a different time and a different fanbase. She's someone who would actually benefit from All Stars. Watching herself on camera, and gaining some humility, might make her grow up a little and have a Roxxy-esque redemption. She'd probably win in that instance.

by Anonymousreply 349April 16, 2019 10:02 PM

Tyra was already on All Stars, r349.. She kept calling Ru "Mother" while she was there.

by Anonymousreply 350April 16, 2019 11:35 PM

Tyra has never been on All Stars. She made a few appearances over the years, notably when all the previous winner returned. She'll not likely EVER be back after threatening to blow up DragCon!!

by Anonymousreply 351April 17, 2019 12:30 AM

On AS4, Gia Gunn impersonated some no-name manicurist so I don’t have much confidence that I’ll know the real-life inspirations of the people that Yvie and Vangie and Silky impersonate. Probably Instagram influencers or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 352April 17, 2019 12:39 AM

I think Yvie is more knowledgeable than that. Vanjie and Plastique might be the ones to pull that shit, however.

by Anonymousreply 353April 17, 2019 12:41 AM

Y'all, let's go get Wendy's in the mall food court and put a bluetooth speaker on the table and blast our favorite songs!

by Anonymousreply 354April 17, 2019 2:22 AM

In a million years, I'll never get the drag appeal of this one either. Save time and wear a mask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 17, 2019 5:11 AM

What ever happened to Robbie Turner? Remember when she told that ridiculous story about being in a fake uber accident (which killed the driver, allegedly)?

Has she been seen or heard from since??

by Anonymousreply 356April 17, 2019 5:22 AM

So, are any of the O'Hara queens from the same house?

by Anonymousreply 357April 17, 2019 6:01 AM

Comparing Yvie to Tyra stings for me as a Denver resident who's still rooting for the local queen. Wasn't Tyra working at an Amazon fulfillment center recently? I want better for Yvie. I have a couple of acquaintances who knew Yvie in college and rave about her talents. She's apparently quite a good painter and costume designer.

by Anonymousreply 358April 17, 2019 7:01 AM

Robbie Turner has not been seen in drag since then. He has apparently become an uber driver. Some Seattle residents have reportedly been driven around by him.

by Anonymousreply 359April 17, 2019 7:11 AM

Robbie retired after surviving the bombing at dragcon.

by Anonymousreply 360April 17, 2019 12:41 PM

R355, she has huge appeal among the frau segment of the fanbase. Maybe it's because of the Barbie doll-esque drag name.

by Anonymousreply 361April 17, 2019 2:38 PM

Robbie Turner was a strange one who had a huge problem with pathological lying, and not just about the Uber "accident."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362April 17, 2019 2:47 PM

We were making fun of Mercedes' exit statement, which OP then used as thread title, but how prescient was that? Look at what's happening to Ilhan Omar now, with deplorables saying she burned down the Notre Dame cathedral herself after she offered her condolences. Pig-ignorant people are scary.

r355 It's her signature look but yes, I will also never understand the appeal of that makeup style.

by Anonymousreply 363April 17, 2019 2:47 PM

I like how this week's mini challenge was a condensed version of the book design and Absolut interview main challenge from Season 2.

Remember how everyone chose Tatianna's book to be in the 99-cent bin? I think that 'honor' would have gone to Miss Vanjie this time.

by Anonymousreply 364April 17, 2019 2:52 PM

Two out of three Raven. You ain't even broke anyone so you're down to occasionally fabulous, from a great distance.

by Anonymousreply 365April 17, 2019 9:35 PM

*anymore

by Anonymousreply 366April 17, 2019 9:36 PM

I loved Tyra's bomb threat. And you know all the drama-loving Twitter and Reddit idiots did too. It gave them a reason to post things like "I'm so scared, y'all!!!!" and to try to outdo each other with histrionics.

by Anonymousreply 367April 17, 2019 10:53 PM

Mostly it was along the lines of "OMG they need to retroactively take her S2 crown away!"

by Anonymousreply 368April 17, 2019 11:05 PM

They also called in the FBI.

MARY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 369April 17, 2019 11:38 PM

Glitter and wigs are toxic and if those silicone asses explode - it's life threatening. Of course the FBI showed up. RuPaul was forced to answer an email for DragCon to continue!

by Anonymousreply 370April 18, 2019 2:38 AM

Miss Congeniality

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371April 18, 2019 8:46 AM

No surprise: one of the queens will impersonate Cash Me Ousside for Snatch Game. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 372April 18, 2019 5:54 PM

r372 Awful. First time I'm hearing of this person.

by Anonymousreply 373April 18, 2019 5:58 PM

R372 is that a spoiler? What a scumbag thing to post on here.

If that is true then you’re an asshole for trying to ruin it for everyone. What a loser thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 374April 18, 2019 6:46 PM

Oh look how cool r372 is for knowing all the inside gossip. So connected and informed.

Any trash bag fool can get that off of reddit but to post it here is so low and scummy. Nobody is impressed.

by Anonymousreply 375April 18, 2019 6:48 PM

To clarify, this is NOT a spoiler thread. We used to have a separate spoiler thread every season but I don't think we have one this time around?

by Anonymousreply 376April 18, 2019 6:51 PM

Hey, at least R372 didn't say which queen it was.

by Anonymousreply 377April 18, 2019 6:53 PM

Small mercies!

by Anonymousreply 378April 18, 2019 6:58 PM

The “spoiler” was posted on Instagram by World of Wonder. The clip that they posted identifies the queen. So fuck off for accusing me of sharing something that is available to millions on social media.

And I’m STILL not going to spoil by identifying the queen!! Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 379April 18, 2019 6:59 PM

r379 Thanks for the clarification. I think the majority of those posting here would like to remain completely unspoiled. I could be totally off in that assessment, though.

It used to be really bad around here, with people posting the elimination order unprompted and without warning, which is why people might be more wary of posts like yours.

by Anonymousreply 380April 18, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote] I think the majority of those posting here would like to remain completely unspoiled.

Fat chance.

by Anonymousreply 381April 18, 2019 7:12 PM

My prediction is Yvie will flop on snatch game and get a taste of her own medicine by being in the bottom, after constantly yelling at others for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 382April 18, 2019 9:10 PM

I hate when they pick dull people like Celine Dion. Brooklyn already knew he wasn't going to be good at the challenge - so now he's stacking the deck against himself.

by Anonymousreply 383April 19, 2019 1:22 AM

This Snatch Game is a tragedy. Truly hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 384April 19, 2019 1:49 AM

That was pretty bad. Am I supposed to know who TS Madison is? Or the nail lady?

The Whoopi attempt was awful.

by Anonymousreply 385April 19, 2019 1:54 AM

Tony Hale?

by Anonymousreply 386April 19, 2019 2:02 AM

So Smelly Gash won for basically being herself?

by Anonymousreply 387April 19, 2019 2:25 AM

I thought the bottom two would be Vanjie and Yvie... Brooklyn surprised me. Her Celine was bad but the outfit shouldv e made up for it. Vanjie sucked and just wore another corset.

by Anonymousreply 388April 19, 2019 2:28 AM

Wrong bottom 2. Period.

by Anonymousreply 389April 19, 2019 2:31 AM

The guest judges and Ross really fought for Vanjie.

There are never more than few queens who do well in Snatch Game and there are always some car crashes. Man, it seemed like Yvie didnt know the first thing about Whoopi. Really don't get where those choices came from.

That lip sync is going down in the books though, kinda chaotic but so much fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 390April 19, 2019 2:44 AM

Ru chose Brook Lynne and Yvie knowing they would both slay and she could keep them both. She knew Vangie would lose to either so she couldn’t keep her another week. Vangie should have been bottom but not this time. And the back of Silky’s dress was bad. Why don’t they read her for the same runway each week? And as far as I could tell she played herself on Snatch Game.

by Anonymousreply 391April 19, 2019 2:48 AM

Silky needs to be in a clinic to lose weight and then get excess skin cut off.

by Anonymousreply 392April 19, 2019 2:53 AM

LOVED Nina's Jo Anne Worley and wish she had won. I wish Ru would ban YouTubers from Snatch Game.

Shuga surprised me in a good way with her runway—that gown was gorgeous.

Great LSFYL, although I thought Yvie had the edge.

by Anonymousreply 393April 19, 2019 2:58 AM

[quote]Vanjie sucked and just wore another corset.

I love Vanjie, but if she does another swimsuit/leotard look, she deserves to go straight home, fuck the lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 394April 19, 2019 3:00 AM

That was the greatest lip sync of all time.

by Anonymousreply 395April 19, 2019 3:10 AM

The lip sync was amazing. Those two are right up top for me, so relived they both killed it. Silky did do a good job. There were a few character choices I didn't know. I saw the Dr. Phil girl Vanjie played for a minute but she slipped into Vanjie real quick. And Michelle is not happy with Vanjie's looks. Vanjie got lucky.

by Anonymousreply 396April 19, 2019 3:19 AM

If you pick someone no one has ever heard of, you should be in the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 397April 19, 2019 3:37 AM

Kind of reminds me of Season 4 when Ru made Sharon and Phi Phi go through the agony of a lip sync when she had no intention of sending either of them home, and was going to disqualify Willam regardless.

Getting kind of tired of Vanjie being protected.

by Anonymousreply 398April 19, 2019 3:39 AM

I love Vanjie but..if she does not step up her wardrobe...she needs to go. Slinky Garbage is coasting along on her obnoxious personality..which surprisingly is all she seems to need for the win. I find her tedious and her wardrobe looks straight out of Party City. I am not a fannnnnn.

by Anonymousreply 399April 19, 2019 5:48 AM

R393, Shuga revealed earlier this season she retired from a six figure corporate job to become a queen. She’s clearly able to buy the best of the best drag clothes.

Compliment the designer, not her.

by Anonymousreply 400April 19, 2019 5:51 AM

Nina should have won tonight. We all know it.

by Anonymousreply 401April 19, 2019 5:55 AM

Given that it’s already Snatch Game, adding in Brooke’s reveal and that insane lip sync, I think this will go down as an iconic episode.

BTW, I didn’t buy Yvie’s apologies for a second. Because you know if she did well, she would’ve come in ranting and raving to Brooke and Vanjie about how they needed to step their pussies up. Glad the bitch was knocked down a few pegs. Hopefully next time she’s in the top, she’ll remember this lesson. But I’m not too optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 402April 19, 2019 5:56 AM

Y’all, I was gonna do Taraji P. Henson, but I left the wig at home!

by Anonymousreply 403April 19, 2019 5:58 AM

What a breath of fresh air to have an episode without Rajah’s toxic vibe.

by Anonymousreply 404April 19, 2019 6:00 AM

r397 absolutely. Who the fuck cares about that madison social media thing?

by Anonymousreply 405April 19, 2019 6:01 AM

R401, no she didn’t. Her Harvey was about average at best, and Joanne Worley was unnecessary and boringly conceived.

by Anonymousreply 406April 19, 2019 6:02 AM

Nina is as basic as it gets. Jo Anne fucking Worley? I had to google her and still don't know who it is. Most of the audience is not 70 ya know. At least fans have seen Charo on the show before. Silky deserved the win, you've got to sell it and she did. Bitch is funny and annoying and basic too. The lip synch redeemed the episode. Suga makes us laugh, he's so delusional. I'm beginning to think the black queens are right. Why are the loud black girls always so hated on this show by so much of the fanbase?

Is this video from you R404?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 19, 2019 6:04 AM

I know Shuga has money for good drag, but she hasn't brought it on the runway until tonight. Her previous looks have been basic to busted.

by Anonymousreply 408April 19, 2019 6:10 AM

r407, we get it! You hate Nina! Enough, hon. Sheeeeeesh!

by Anonymousreply 409April 19, 2019 6:11 AM

It isn’t but I did see that video an hour ago and I cackled.

But he has a point. Don’t act like a miserable asshole and then cry victim when you get called out on it.

Every week there’s a scolding post from the queens to not send hate on social media. Passionate but critical fans get it. But there are psychos do that shit. This generalization of the fan base as monsterous hate mongers is cringey and so fucking played out.

by Anonymousreply 410April 19, 2019 6:52 AM

Ru thinks Stinky as star quality (huh!), so that obnoxious sow will be in the final to show off her ill-fitting gowns and gunt.

by Anonymousreply 411April 19, 2019 10:28 AM

It's a good thing Brooke Lynn Hytes is pretty, has hot drag and can dance. I don't know a Canadian who can't imitate Celine Dion. She was terrible. Maybe Shuga should have had the win tonight? She did sort of have the best imitation and runway combination. It was all pretty dreadful.

I'm a fan of Akeria but they sure don't pay her much mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412April 19, 2019 10:29 AM

I guess we're being produced around a bit. Dr. Ganache's best point are her comic talent and also her confidence. That big personality. She really owns everything she does. She thinks she's going to win the whole thing. Silky is funny but this TS Madison person, never heard of her, maybe that's on me. Playing this woman just lets Silky do Silky. I'm not seeing any especially big personality quirks or catch phrases or anything. I'd had to watch a lot of TS Madison to find nuance of the real person in what Silky did. It's not there, is it?

by Anonymousreply 413April 19, 2019 11:16 AM

I mean this with all the love in the world. To those of you who complain when Queens pick reality stars and people you haven't heard of, then you might want to start accepting that you are aging out of this show. The queens are getting young and younger. Their references are getting younger and younger. Meanwhile, the rest of us are getting older and older. I bet you more people who watch this show know who cash me outside girl is than they do Joanne Whorley.

by Anonymousreply 414April 19, 2019 1:26 PM

Silky was doing Silky and she has revealed herself to be one of the most ungracious queens ever on this show after she rebuffed Yvie's apology and gave her those looks on the runway. I'm actually looking forward to avoiding her after she's done with this show, just like Vixen. Rotten personality.

That "pathological liar" comment is going to cause a stir, isn't it? It's starting to look a bit like prison, with the AAs ganging up on the one Asian. Eek.

by Anonymousreply 415April 19, 2019 1:33 PM

I don't understand how they are not reading SIlky for the same looks everytime like Vanjie. Same makeup, same character, same jokes. I mean a big fat clown is funny but it's one note.

by Anonymousreply 416April 19, 2019 1:44 PM

I feel bad for enjoying that lip sync after reading this comment under the AV Club's review:

[quote]Real talk: I’m an Yvie stan, but damn, every time she does the crazy contortionist stuff I just cringe. I have the same genetic disorder she does, and it seems like she’s confused in thinking that it’s a talent. I’ve got ten years on her and my body is falling apart, and has been since I was a teenager. I love her, I want her to win, but it hurts to see her destroy her body like that for her art. If she keeps up at this pace, she will be in a wheelchair by the time she’s 30.

by Anonymousreply 417April 19, 2019 1:45 PM

[quote] To those of you who complain when Queens pick reality stars and people you haven't heard of, then you might want to start accepting that you are aging out of this show.

Meh. Part of it is how much more complicated TV/Netflix/etc is these days. The character Plastique picked...how many reality shows are currently on the air?

by Anonymousreply 418April 19, 2019 1:51 PM

Even after years and years of (daily) pot, Jinx is still whip-smart and offered amazingly incisive critiques. One of my favourite queens and it's great to see she only grows more powerful with age.

Also, she looked [italic]smashing[/italic] in that corset.

by Anonymousreply 419April 19, 2019 2:26 PM

I, too, had to Google Sulky Nutsack's character.....okay....and excuse to be her miserable self. Her ego and self-delusion are as big as her ass. I do not think America "loves her." At least I hope it doesn't. Does he really think he's pretty? Does he really think those huge tents he wears are fashion?

The lip synch was fierce and Ru made the right decision to keep them both.

Let's move on and can Nutsack's fat ass as quickly as possible.....thank you.

by Anonymousreply 420April 19, 2019 2:29 PM

Eurgh, I just saw that Silky was the guest queen at this week's Roscoe's viewing party, along with Nina West and Honey Davenport. There will be no end to her gloating, will there?

by Anonymousreply 421April 19, 2019 2:40 PM

Please refrain from mentioning Slicky Nutsack's end....it gives me nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 422April 19, 2019 2:44 PM

Does Siilky get cut some slack because of her body shape? Her outfits aren't good.

by Anonymousreply 423April 19, 2019 3:31 PM

Like Eureka, she's pretty limited in what she can put on shape-wise, so she should lean harder into prints and colours, and also accessories. Just like Eureka does. But Silky is all pageant glamour and not much more.

by Anonymousreply 424April 19, 2019 3:37 PM

Cash Me Outside is relatively obscure, but TS Madison is virtually unknown outside of World of Wonder who’ve adopted her as their pet tranny of choice (see also: Big Freeda and the other WOWlebrities they’ve shoved down our throats)

Has nothing to do with age and everything to do with whether or not you’ve binged the entire WOW library or YouTube.

Fun fact: TS was on RuPaul’s game show and didn’t know a single answer.

by Anonymousreply 425April 19, 2019 3:54 PM

I thought Silky was being herself as TS. She just threw in a few TS lines and had long hair. She should have not won.

by Anonymousreply 426April 19, 2019 4:02 PM

r414 even the guest judge didn't know who the "cash me outside girl" was. Anyway, r425 & others are right - there are a million different reality tv / youtube/ streaming / random sources of content for characters. It's less about age and how much you feel like watching 100 hours of tv a week. How old do you think we are exactly? 100? The show is no longer suitable for anyone in their 30s because I don't know who TS Madison is? Well, something tells me Dr. Silky doesn't know who TS Eliot is. Again, not an issue of age.

by Anonymousreply 427April 19, 2019 4:11 PM

I hope Ru now gets Jo Anne Worley as a guest judge.

by Anonymousreply 428April 19, 2019 4:55 PM

Some of this season's cast with Lizzo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429April 19, 2019 5:16 PM

I stand by my original statement. You only want to see them do (insert iconic diva here) that you know. I'm still waiting for a queen to do Brett Somers, but I am painfully aware that these 20 year old queens have no idea who Brett Somers is. Their points of reference are different. Youtube stars are their icons.

by Anonymousreply 430April 19, 2019 6:08 PM

That's the thing r430. Vanjie didn't really know who Meryl Steep was. She had to be reminded. Really, cunt?

by Anonymousreply 431April 19, 2019 6:14 PM

I love Evie. I hate that she's destroying her body like that too, but goddamn, that lip sync was worth it. Isn't Silky a sex pest? And I loved the shade that Jinx gave Detox, all these years later.

by Anonymousreply 432April 19, 2019 8:18 PM

Silky was more subdued at this Roscoe's. Then again, she said it was in her contract that she had to behave better and not get so hammered the second time around. She didn't gloat at all after her win so I guess there's a spectacular fall from grace in a future episode somewhere down the line.

I like Nina West and Brooke even more after that viewing party.

by Anonymousreply 433April 19, 2019 8:24 PM

Silky Hungarian Goulash is a fat tiresome bitter fat ugly fat hunk of fat shit

by Anonymousreply 434April 19, 2019 8:29 PM

[434]. She's also quite fat.

by Anonymousreply 435April 19, 2019 9:10 PM

I thought it was very amusing how Nutsack's win was really overshadowed by the two videos AND the dramatic lip synch......who won? Who cares....did you see the lip synch?

by Anonymousreply 436April 19, 2019 9:23 PM

[Quote] And I loved the shade that Jinx gave Detox, all these years later.

Wait, I guess I missed it. What was the shade?

by Anonymousreply 437April 19, 2019 10:49 PM

Stinky Gash will go down as the worst Snatch Game winner ever. She just did her loud personality. In a stronger season she would barely be noticed.

by Anonymousreply 438April 19, 2019 11:29 PM

Why haven't I been portrayed on Snatch Game?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439April 19, 2019 11:42 PM

TS Madison approves of Silky, yes BITCH. By season 12 some queen will be "imitating" Miss Vanjie for snatch game. It's inevitable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440April 19, 2019 11:51 PM

r439, young queens don't about care about pop culture. They have no idea who she is and don't want to know. They just want to be pretty, model and dance like Bey.

by Anonymousreply 441April 20, 2019 12:15 AM

What was the detox shade?

by Anonymousreply 442April 20, 2019 12:49 AM

Jinx said what Detox did during snatch game (as Kesha) was gross, not funny. I think detox fake-peed in front of the stage, as a "joke" but the point Jinx was making is that being over the top doesn't always land.

This was a 2-second flashback, so if I am not remembering it right, feel free to correct me.

by Anonymousreply 443April 20, 2019 12:52 AM

And I personally didn't see it as shade... but rather just advice - did those two have some kind of issue outside of the show? I think it was accepted that detox fucked up her character on snatch.

by Anonymousreply 444April 20, 2019 12:53 AM

You're right, that was just sound advice, not shade. I doubt Detox registered it as shade either.

by Anonymousreply 445April 20, 2019 12:55 AM

Detox had to lip sync for her life, after her S5 Snatch Game performance. Meanwhile Jinkx won, despite wearing an outfit that Michelle Visage hated.

by Anonymousreply 446April 20, 2019 12:55 AM

Detox was a bitch to Jinx all season long and afterward too. And she actually pissed the stage

by Anonymousreply 447April 20, 2019 1:15 AM

Michelle Visage needs to be put out to pasture.

by Anonymousreply 448April 20, 2019 1:17 AM

Roxxy, Detox, and Alaska were all cunts during that season.

by Anonymousreply 449April 20, 2019 1:24 AM

Detox helped Jinx with her make up all season. Possibly with producer nudging. It's why her make up improved over the season.

by Anonymousreply 450April 20, 2019 1:57 AM

Why are you guys trying to take away Silky's win? She found a character that works for her and played the character. I get it, you don't like Silky. But she did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 451April 20, 2019 1:57 AM

Oh, there's a reason why 451. DL brings it to you every season.

by Anonymousreply 452April 20, 2019 2:12 AM

I watched many To Madison videos, she is naturally funny. Silky should have done more of TS's schtick like check her hair and order fast fast food at a drive through. She flirts with the people taking orders in a sweet voice. The contrast of how she talks before she pulls up is funny.

by Anonymousreply 453April 20, 2019 2:12 AM

R451 Hey fuck face, we do not hate Silky or dis her because she is black, everyone here seemingly likes Yvie. We loathe Silky hungarian Goulash because he is a fat tiresome fuckwit with little talent, polish or taste

by Anonymousreply 454April 20, 2019 5:05 AM

My, but you are a weak vessel R454. I pray the lord will deliver peace to your troubled mind. Jesus loves you.

by Anonymousreply 455April 20, 2019 5:18 AM

R454, where in my post @ R451 did I accuse you or anyone of not liking Silky because she is black?

[quote]with little talent, polish or taste

You do remember that we are taking about drag queens on a reality competition show here, right?

by Anonymousreply 456April 20, 2019 5:37 AM

DL hates fatties. Of course Silly would be a subject of derision.

by Anonymousreply 457April 20, 2019 5:38 AM

R456 What were you trying to infer then? And please, just use your bwords

by Anonymousreply 458April 20, 2019 5:49 AM

R455 is a troll who has been around this board forever. His "Weak vessel" line goes back at least 4 years - usually within to plastic surgery threads. He is a black queen with 3 nose jobs (that he brings up every chance he gets) who goes on and on about celebrity plastic surgery. One of the most tiresome trolls that has been here for so long, yet nobody points it out. E.g., Block # 429 on the thread below to read his endless ramblings about every single post related to celeb plastic surgery.... and there are 4 more years of nearly identical threads / comments by him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 20, 2019 6:25 AM

R459 Actually think he is taking the piss out of the fake christian Silky. But you do you love

by Anonymousreply 460April 20, 2019 6:28 AM

Is R459 the guy with the failed penis enlargement or a black queen with three nosejobs? I don't get it. He's certainly not a Christian.

by Anonymousreply 461April 20, 2019 6:45 AM

For those of you who love Nina, come to Columbus Pride where she does the announcing for Bat N Rouge, the Drag Queen Softball Game. The proceeds go to charity and it is a riot! She is really funny and as friendly as she appears on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462April 20, 2019 7:19 AM

Nina’s facial contortions tickle me.

by Anonymousreply 463April 20, 2019 7:25 AM

Whew! Glad neither Yvie nor Brooklyn went home. I like them both.

Silky is a low class person. Every other word out of her mouth is a cuss word. Didn’t know who he did on Snatch Game either.

I’m getting tired of Vanjie and her outfits. Didn’t know her character either.

by Anonymousreply 464April 20, 2019 7:31 AM

Silky picked a character she understood, could execute well, and she successfully improved in the scenario. And most importantly she was funny. She definitely deserved this win, its silly to deny her.

And I am far from a Silky fan, but she was the best choice of winner of an underwhelming snatch game.

Also if you think she is the least deserving, watch Season 3 snatch game again.

by Anonymousreply 465April 20, 2019 7:35 AM

Yall realize that Ts Madison has made porn videos, right? Ya'll should check them out. She actually has a big dick.

And I really hope Silky's fall is spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 466April 20, 2019 8:04 AM

R466 Well silky was playing a tranny and only trannys can play trannys so TRIGGERED

by Anonymousreply 467April 20, 2019 8:10 AM

T S Madison is dreamy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468April 20, 2019 8:11 AM

So screeching bitch every 3 seconds is what passes for funny? Ummmm, ok... And agree that Stanky not getting read at all for her cheap and sloppy drag is unfair to the other girls. Vanjie may be one note, but at least her looks FIT.

by Anonymousreply 469April 20, 2019 3:07 PM

So what don't get. Vanjie and Silky are pretty much EXTRA on similar levels. Silky wears the same make up, the same looks and wins challenges, Vanjie gets read for it?

by Anonymousreply 470April 20, 2019 4:16 PM

Silky is not going to win the crown, but she has won the season because she gets a reaction out of your dizzy bitches. It's like some of you are newbies to reality TV every season. Bold personalities get pushed through because they get reactions. It engages the audience. Someone had a meltdown because Silky said she is America's favorite. This was filmed 2 years ago. Calm your pussies down. SIlky is going to make it to top 5 or 6 and then will go away until the next all stars. Same for Vanjie.

Make no mistake, this season the crown is going Yvie. There is no one else on this season that is anywhere near her level.

by Anonymousreply 471April 20, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote]This was filmed 2 years ago.

More like ten months ago.

by Anonymousreply 472April 20, 2019 4:34 PM

r461 = r455 . After r177, this troll cleared its cookies - but it is still posting the same shit, starting at r231.

It's not that hard to connect posts, dear. The black queen with 3 nose jobs who goes on 3 paragraph diatribes on every thread about plastic surgery is not hard to miss... not to mention, the constant comments about some person who had a "failed penis enlargement" which seems to be a rather bizarre obsession to have. And then the religious babbling starts (see pic below). You've been mentioned on a number of the "DL troll" threads, but apparently you only care about plastic surgery and drag race so you haven't noticed other people commenting about you.

You're literally worse than PPSN and Poo Shoes combined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473April 20, 2019 5:34 PM

Oh and I had you on block in the plastic surgery thread (since I saw it was you again - long rambling posts about every single celebrity another person posted) & my ignore list showed you here, to my surprise - that you have other interests. Any more comments about Jane Fonda, dear? You've written 100 page dissertations on her for years.

by Anonymousreply 474April 20, 2019 5:35 PM

Needs to be repeated over and over - Drag Race is one of, if not THE most, scripted and edited "reality" competition shows on television. As mentioned above, Silky will most likely not win, but the producers know what makes good television and will keep her around for as long as possible so people will tune in, in only to gripe about her.

by Anonymousreply 475April 20, 2019 7:09 PM

Is it really more scripted and edited than the Housewives, with their detailed filming schedules and drama that gets beaten to death all season. It seems a little more "free" - but I'm not an expert.

It's a bit different if you have producers choosing the winners and editors showing their "good" clips and their sad backstories (Project Runway & many competition shows - not that bad) vs. literally setting up scenes and stoking drama like Housewives, among women who aren't even really friends... which is worse IMO.

by Anonymousreply 476April 20, 2019 7:13 PM

The reaction to Silky has been so strange. After her Meet the Queens videos, Reddit lost their mind, decided she was the be all end all, and that if she didn’t win this season, she would CERTAINLY win AS5.

It wasn’t until the end of the first episode that everyone HATED her. Fickle fickle. I don’t mind her and I like her more since Yvie started bullying her.

I usually hate stuff like this, but yes, there’s something about the fact that the fandom won’t allow you to make the slightest criticism of any queens. But when it comes to the fat ones like Eureka or Silky, there’s a fair game policy of being as nasty as possible to them.

Yvi is like Sharon Needles and Phi Phi has a baby. Talent and great designs meets a toxic and repugnant personality.

by Anonymousreply 477April 20, 2019 9:25 PM

Oh, get out with that fat shit. I don't mind her weight at all and went crazy for her after her interview. I'm still a fan of Eureka and always have been.

But bitch ruined it for herself by shouting and hogging the camera in the very first episode. I hate domineering people like that. And now there's another layer with the nastiness, kicking Yvie when she's in the bottom. Vile, ungracious person.

by Anonymousreply 478April 20, 2019 9:34 PM

R478 EXACTLY! Her behaviour in episode one was fucking horrific, anyone who still has any time for him after that train wreck is a fucking idiot. Or R477

by Anonymousreply 479April 20, 2019 10:02 PM

"they call me baby latrice" as in she wears the same thing on the runway everytime.

by Anonymousreply 480April 20, 2019 10:35 PM

When you google "Silky nutmeg ganache" - the 2nd auto-complete suggestion is "annoying"

And google has been taking out a lot of suggestions, especially negative ones .

by Anonymousreply 481April 20, 2019 10:56 PM

When would Yvie have time to bully Silky? That fat, loudmouth trash never shuts up long enough for anyone else to talk. And as if her personality wasn't toxic enough, the stupid bitch is a REPUBLICAN. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 482April 20, 2019 10:56 PM

Actually, Silky gave a rather coherent response as to why she is a "registered" republican.

by Anonymousreply 483April 20, 2019 11:05 PM

R483 What, that 'stealth undercover agent within the GOP' made a lick of sense to you? ..........are you a chubby chaser cause that bullshit was off the charts

by Anonymousreply 484April 20, 2019 11:24 PM

I've actually enjoyed TS most on her Hey Qween appearances. Her "Extra"/Outtake vid about her last night working the streets is a trip (there was no crystalisation, though). She was also fun on her Hot T appearances opposite Tammie Brown.

Silky could at least have made the effort to dress more like TS. The dress was Silky's own frump style. Neither wig was right either.

by Anonymousreply 485April 20, 2019 11:52 PM

Silky made it funny. Ru always stresses that. Silky made it happen. Even Vangie was funny a few times. Ridiculous and not far away from her normal personality (like Silky) but still funny. Let's be honest, no one did an amazing impression so it then just came down to humor. Yvie I find to be a bit too wanna-be 'deep' and after that Whoopie, void of any funny bone.

by Anonymousreply 486April 21, 2019 12:10 AM

Vanjie and Bianca

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487April 21, 2019 9:40 AM

I'm trying not to analyze this silly show to death. Silky did a good job. She was funny. It worked. She got a few of TJ's phrases in and the wig change and the drink with the straw. Still though, TJ is not much of a transformation for Silky. Also, TJ is not a YouTube star and Vine is dead. You'd have to be a big RuPaul fan hanging out on World of Wonder to know who she is. Did we say that already?

by Anonymousreply 488April 21, 2019 1:04 PM

I like the faces Vangie makes in her confessionals and when someone makes a comment......

by Anonymousreply 489April 21, 2019 3:38 PM

Yvie is far too problematic to win this season. She's the most hated queen since Phi Phi.

If Silky doesn't win, there will be a revolt.

by Anonymousreply 490April 21, 2019 3:42 PM

[quote]She's the most hated queen since Phi Phi.

Hated by the queens on the current season, maybe, not by the fans. Not by a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 491April 21, 2019 3:46 PM

The dimension you're posting from has decent wifi, huh r490?

by Anonymousreply 492April 21, 2019 3:47 PM

[quote]If Silky doesn't win, there will be a revolt.

r492 I didn't even see this second part of r490's post. Oh, boy...

by Anonymousreply 493April 21, 2019 3:51 PM

R490 is feeling their own fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 494April 21, 2019 3:51 PM

Yvie has:

1) Creativity

2) Talent

3) A great storyline with a debilitating illness

4) Supportive and loving parents

5) She says almost everything on her mind, but not everything.

6) There is no other remaining queen that is anywhere close to her.

Silky is around because she gets a reaction from the audience which equals ratings. But she doesn't have that certain something needed to be a winner. I like Nina, but Nina seems to be holding back. I love Vanjie, but she is a one trick pony. Plastique, her name says it all. Akeeria has the Nina West problem.

by Anonymousreply 495April 21, 2019 3:57 PM

Silky is the star of this season. Ain't no denying that.

by Anonymousreply 496April 21, 2019 4:01 PM

Why isn't Brook Lynn close to Yvie? She can dance, has some good looks.

by Anonymousreply 497April 21, 2019 5:02 PM

Brook will win. Yvie looks are not as polished as Ru normally likes them. There's something always off, handmade or tacky with her looks.

by Anonymousreply 498April 21, 2019 5:14 PM

Aren't you talking about Silky's drag, R498?

by Anonymousreply 499April 21, 2019 5:21 PM

No, r499/hon.

by Anonymousreply 500April 21, 2019 5:28 PM

[quote] Silky gave a rather coherent response...

Oh my sides.

by Anonymousreply 501April 21, 2019 5:31 PM

I don’t think Brook will win at all. She doesn’t have much of a personality and there’s a smugness that’s off putting. She’s not what one would call a superstar, but then again, Monet won and she had nothing to offer. The crown has lost what credibility it had.

by Anonymousreply 502April 21, 2019 5:38 PM

Brook has zero personality. That's why she won't win. There is really nothing interesting about her.

by Anonymousreply 503April 21, 2019 5:43 PM

Brook has no personality but she's about to make a hell of a lot of money. Anyone who looks as good as she does and dances like that will be on Drag Race tours for years to come. All around the world. The same cannot be said of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 504April 21, 2019 9:44 PM

But you need a personality the kids love to really succeed. UGH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505April 21, 2019 10:33 PM

In my opinion, the best queens from the series never won. I don't remember many of the winners unfortunately. I don't think many of the winners ever had memorable personalities really, besides Bianca Del Rio.

by Anonymousreply 506April 21, 2019 10:40 PM

"Katya" is severely mentally disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 507April 21, 2019 10:40 PM

^ Many legends are.

by Anonymousreply 508April 21, 2019 10:41 PM

She's no legend

by Anonymousreply 509April 22, 2019 1:23 PM

I like Katya and I think she’s very funny off the cuff and in conversation. I don’t find her stream of consciousness “comedy” humorous when she tries too hard. A list of random nonsensical words and sounds may work in a basement art show, but it’s boring and pretentious on UNhhhh.

I think Trixie is one of the best actual comedians to come out of the show, although her run on the actual show wasn’t great.

R506, what about Sharon?

by Anonymousreply 510April 22, 2019 5:21 PM

Season 7 gets ragged on the most but that season brought us 3 talented entertainers who have proven themselves outside of the drag world in Trixie, Katya and Ginger. No other season can say that.

by Anonymousreply 511April 22, 2019 5:32 PM

How have those three proven themselves outside of the drag world? Unless you're referencing the trixie and katya viceland show, which IS related to 'the drag world' and not really that big of a deal since Viceland literally will give a show to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 512April 22, 2019 5:40 PM

Finally watched the Snatch Game episode OnDemand. Not sure how/why Silky won as it basically seemed as if she was being herself, only amped up a lot more. (Also, as mentioned somewhere else, for being sooooo religious on a earlier episode, Silky sure loves using the phrase "God damn" a lot. She also doesn't as much throw shade as she is rude and insulting.) If anyone deserved the win, it was Nina who was praised during the critiques. No one else was really that great or memorable with everyone else being average or poor, with Yvie and Brooke definitely being in the latter. It seemed somewhat obvious that Ru wasn't about to send either of the two home, given their track records and also their reveals on the main stage.

by Anonymousreply 513April 22, 2019 5:47 PM

Does anyone remember the first reveal? Was it Sasha?

by Anonymousreply 514April 22, 2019 5:50 PM

[quote]She also doesn't as much throw shade as she is rude and insulting.

You nailed what bothers me when it comes to Silky - deep down, she just seems to be a mean person. Imagine Nina saying any of the shit Silky says?

by Anonymousreply 515April 22, 2019 5:51 PM

R514 Roxxxy Andrews wig under a wig?

by Anonymousreply 516April 22, 2019 5:52 PM

R515, I'm black so I can say this. Silky is one of those people who has more issues than Vanity Fair and should be in constant therapy, but won't go to a therapist because the black church tells you when you have problems (trauma) to pray instead of seeking help from a professional. I don't know what damage Silky is dealing with, but she has all of the classic signs.

by Anonymousreply 517April 22, 2019 5:56 PM

Silky and Banje are the only queens this season who people would want to see in a club. Ru needs to remember this when he picks the winner.

by Anonymousreply 518April 22, 2019 6:00 PM

R517, just a hunch: Silky is a graduate of Wabash College, a small all-male school that's known for being fratty, traditional, not overly diverse, and homophobic. I would guess that he didn't have an easy time of it there.

by Anonymousreply 519April 22, 2019 6:08 PM

On this week's viewing party at Roscoe's vid, Silky expressed disappointment at herself that she didn't accept Yvie's apology. She also gave background to her self aggrandising - coming from a small town, where she had fight against negative feedback over being queer, even/especiallyfrom family.

Yet... minutes later, Silky was back to her "I said what I said" pose.

I will say this: I couldn't help but notice how the white queens yakked and yakked this week. Even Silky hardly got a word in, comparitively. I know, I know, that may be considered small mercy but... as a viewer, it felt like Silky's win was brushed aside for a love fest between Nina and Brooke. Brief congratulations to Silky were done as lip service, in between giving Nina her apparent due as Saint of Ohio.

Brooke and Nina, especially Brooke, had had a few drinks, but TRex sort of let it happen... Silky was a pain at the previous viewing party but she wasn't at all drunk this time. TRex could have done better as a host.

by Anonymousreply 520April 22, 2019 6:09 PM

Amazing photo of Courtney. Too bad she didn't win.

r520 Yeah, Silky gave the whole sob story and then seconds later accused Plastique of being racist. Insufferable person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521April 22, 2019 6:16 PM

R521, She was just telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 522April 22, 2019 6:17 PM

Silky wasn't too "out there" in Untucked this week, but then she didn't have much to say or react to even though she seemed to remain in the background and scowl a lot.. Did notice an utterance of "motherfucker" from her lips though and wondered if she prayed to Baby Jesus after for cursing. She also made a crack toward Brooke, who after saying something like she had no talent for acting, responded with "You have talent?" or similar. As mentioned up-thread, the comment didn't come across as shady or funny, just insulting especially with the sour look on Silky's face.

by Anonymousreply 523April 23, 2019 1:55 AM

Silky's reason for being a registered Republican made a lot of sense. If they are going to gerrymander districts, it would be hard for them if folks registered as Republicans but were really Democrats. Fight shit with shit.

by Anonymousreply 524April 23, 2019 3:05 AM

Silky is no Eureka or Latrice...nor a Ginger Minj. I see very little talent from her. What skill is she trying to market exactly? Is she a comedian? Dancer? Singer? Creative costume designer? All she does is eat and talk shit.

by Anonymousreply 525April 23, 2019 3:11 AM

Oh..my new thought on Silky is that she's absorbed some of TJ Madison as a part of her character generally.

by Anonymousreply 526April 23, 2019 12:06 PM

R525 all of which makes me think Ru might keep Silky around for the Top Four (if she's lucky), but no chance of moving higher, let alone winning.

by Anonymousreply 527April 23, 2019 1:54 PM

I can only see Yvie or Brook winning. Brooke would probably deserve it more but might get screwed cause VH1 will want to prize a POC to make up for past racist blunders. They almost did that with Monet but couldn’t since Trinity deserved it more.

Nina and Silky and Akeria don’t seem quite there yet but are prob locks for All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 528April 23, 2019 5:18 PM

Even if Brooke doesn't win, she'll do fine. She'll prob come back to All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 529April 23, 2019 6:57 PM

Silky is so winning this season. Ru has commented numerous times about Silky's star quality.

by Anonymousreply 530April 23, 2019 9:26 PM

LOL......

by Anonymousreply 531April 23, 2019 9:38 PM

She will definitely make the final 4 (is there ever gonna be a top 3 again?) I wonder how the finale lipsyncs are gonna pan out, assuming that they keep the same concept

by Anonymousreply 532April 23, 2019 9:43 PM

My favorite performer of season 11 is Connie-Wood. At last WoW puts out some funny and subversive content. I bet professional drag queens hate her. Definitely untucked and demented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533April 23, 2019 9:55 PM

A person of color already won last season. In my opinion, Monet is more memorable than Trinity is. I don't remember a single thing Trinity has done. I think the general consensus is that Monet deserved to win more than Trinity. The other queens seem to support Monet more (I would have preferred Manila to win though) . I'll be fine if a white person wins this season.

by Anonymousreply 534April 23, 2019 10:05 PM

I don't know who you were talking to, but pretty much everyone on here and everyone else I talked to agreed that Trinity would have won alone had Shangela won the last AS season. But because a white guy essentially stole the crown from a POC, they couldn't give it to a white girl again. And Trinity only won because they voted Manila out, who was the clear favorite.

by Anonymousreply 535April 23, 2019 10:29 PM

I'm a big fan of Nina West. She's unassuming, humble, sweet, mature, eager to please, looking at this experience as a learning opportunity. She's a great representative of the gay community in Columbus, Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 536April 23, 2019 11:08 PM

R536 but a damned ugly drag queen. Anyone else notice she’s horribly pigeon-toed?

NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 537April 23, 2019 11:30 PM

Yvie is ugly too. Aggressively ugly. Nina can't help it. Sweet guy. I liked Sharon Needles but never really understood what was so great about her cheap Halloween costumes and blood capsules.She for sure has a more engaging personality than Yvie. Sharon couldn't wait to become more glamorous. Nose job, plumped lips, facial fillers and new teeth. The meth diet. Sharon sold off her look as soon as she could afford the upgrade. To this day she can't make her mark above or below DR ground. He's not as intelligent as some think. Sharon's depth and talent were extremely overestimated. But she turned on some cheap glam near the end of the competition and didn't have much personality competition from Chad or Phi Phi for the win. All this is to say - I enjoy Yvie on the show, but I think he's depressing and fuck you ugly. Judging by his posts, he's not a drag race winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 24, 2019 9:21 AM

Where is the god damn Sneak Peak already?

by Anonymousreply 539April 24, 2019 5:08 PM

Brooke needs our support. Vote early.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540April 24, 2019 9:36 PM

Plastique being gang-handed by the black queens is starting to get uncomfortable to watch. So they're allowed to go ghetto and ratchet af in their sketches, but Plastique isn't allowed to mine her own heritage and use a vaguely Asian accent? Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 541April 26, 2019 1:53 AM

Watching Yvie Oddly as Whoopi Goldberg was uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 542April 26, 2019 4:21 AM

Even with all his I'M-The-Most-HONEST-One-Here bluster, Yvie can feel like the phoniest one there.

by Anonymousreply 543April 26, 2019 5:28 AM

This was a fun episode. I love Fortune and Cheyenne. Damn, Natasha Lyonne. Get me her surgeon. Akeeria killed the challenge - that bitch can twerk, find a character, improv and her runway was the best iteration of that theme I've seen. Silky is a natural actress too. That bitch was funny. Vangie's got nothing more, but the right one went home tonight. Plastique should have known better than to wear the same thing on the runway every week. Not covering her face tonight finished her. But he just turned 22 last week. Sweet beautiful queen, he's going to do fine. Yvie isn't very gracious or sincere in my opinion. She puts it on for the TV. I agree R543. I'm glad she's still there though. Nina, Shuga, Vanjie all still gotta go.

by Anonymousreply 544April 26, 2019 9:07 AM

Silky is a natural doing one thing - loud, obnoxious, ratchet ghetto queen

by Anonymousreply 545April 26, 2019 10:12 AM

That was pretty brazen of Michelle to lecture Plastique on what the correct level of Asian she’s allowed to be. It reminds me of a Margaret Cho bit where she said “White People like to tell Asian people how to feel about race because they’re too scared to tell black People”.

The brain dead hive mind on Reddit has decided Nina was robbed last night and that she deserves to win this season.

by Anonymousreply 546April 26, 2019 2:58 PM

R544 - if you're still around - noticed that you didn't mention Brooke. How do you rate her, especially this week?

by Anonymousreply 547April 26, 2019 3:01 PM

Even the judge who worked with her recognized that Sulky Nutsack does not know the meaning of the word "share."

by Anonymousreply 548April 26, 2019 3:06 PM

Again, Silky being Silky. There was no character, it was Sikly. Same with Vajie. It was Vanjie in a cat suit. I think the reading challenge really showed the limitation of a lot of the cast.Silky was horrible, Vanjie was horrible - honestly Brooklyn, Nina and Akeria were the only ones with any decent reads, and that is being generous. I think Nina has potential but she is far too nice. So far this season the stand out is Brook lynne.

by Anonymousreply 549April 26, 2019 3:16 PM

Man, that was the saddest iteration of the Reading is Fundamental mini-challenge yet! The problem with Silky and Vanjie is that they don't do well with structure and direction.

by Anonymousreply 550April 26, 2019 3:20 PM

Shirley, I mean Silky needs to go. Simple reason. Who would want to see her show? I wouldn't pay $5 to watch her tired drag. . Complaining isn't comedy. Miss Vanjie Better step it up. She had amazing potential and I originally thought this is someone's show I would actually pay to see if I was in LA, NYC or Provincetown. She's losing me though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551April 26, 2019 3:44 PM

r550 - the problem with SIlky and Vanjie is that is all them. They cannot improv or think on their feet they just are stream of consciousness blarf.

by Anonymousreply 552April 26, 2019 3:54 PM

Plastique's lip sync was much better than Miss V's non-stop pony tail spinning. I guess this was Ru giving Vanjie one last chance.

by Anonymousreply 553April 26, 2019 3:58 PM

"stream of consciousness blarf" AHAHAHA! That's fucking funny. And accurate.

I didn't even detect that Plastique had reverted back to her 'Asian accent' until it was pointed out, especially when it was difficult to really decipher what she was saying over Vanjie's screeching.

How has Silky managed to avoid the bottom 2 this late in the game?

by Anonymousreply 554April 26, 2019 3:58 PM

Silky is good TV. The producers know that. Michelle starting to criticize her is showing the cracks. She will have her downfall.

by Anonymousreply 555April 26, 2019 4:01 PM

The reading was the worst out of at the seasons.

by Anonymousreply 556April 26, 2019 4:30 PM

I think the top 3 will be Akeria, Brooke & Yvie.

by Anonymousreply 557April 26, 2019 6:41 PM

R556, Rupaul was shocked how bad the reading challenge was...and that was with editing! Where is Bianca when you need her?

by Anonymousreply 558April 26, 2019 6:49 PM

"Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Ru, isn’t she precious?…No, really, isn’t that Precious?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559April 26, 2019 7:44 PM

Bianca is on the Pit Stop with Manila this week. Let's see if she goes in on these hoes....The Race Chaser podcasts are the funniest reviews, not exactly mean but they know of what they speak. BTW, Willam and Alaska love Silky. Yes partially because of the mess she is, but mostly because the bitch is funny. Stop saying she's only being herself. Herself is talented and funny. Natasha Lyonne called her the best actress in the group. In last weeks Race Chaser recap when it came time to discuss Shuga, Willam said, "he's a nice man" and then just stopped! Ha. pointed.

Akeria is in this thing, a potential winner. He's a funny looking guy but it translates so well to female. He looks like Beyonce every time he does quick drag. Brooklyn is very much a factor too. He's relying too much on that B O D Y though. So far I don't think BHytes will win. Yvie is not great in the challenges and her runways are messy but high concept. She needs to glam it up another time. That's not my opinion, that's just how you win. I still don't know how Bob won in a pair of tights, a sequence jacket, one ratty wig and a lipstick. Vanjie, Nina and Shuga. Eliminate them if whatever order you want, but they're obviously going. The AV reviews mention that Ru doesn't take to Nina and Shuga has never even been praised much, when she should have won Snatch Game. The reading challenge was painful. They have weeks to think of something to say. All of Brooke Lynn's jokes were stolen and recycled. Isn't she precious?

by Anonymousreply 560April 26, 2019 7:44 PM

Yeah, the Precious joke is quite well known. It was Trixie or Thorgy who started it in regards to Latrice.

by Anonymousreply 561April 26, 2019 9:49 PM

Thank god when Nina was gay bashed she was put in a women’s dorm under the protection of nineteen year old females.

by Anonymousreply 562April 26, 2019 9:51 PM

First time I heard the 'Latrice, isn't she Precious' joke, it was made by Mimi Imfurst during the roast of Michelle Visage on one of the Al & Chuck gay cruises.

I actually think this is Mimi's finest performance, she was ruthless and knocking them all out of the park:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563April 26, 2019 9:57 PM

“Natasha Lyonne called her the best actress in the group.”

WRONG!

She said that about Akeria.

by Anonymousreply 564April 26, 2019 10:00 PM

Stinky Garbage should have been sent home for that Party City Roach costume alone. You remember the one. The one Stinky thought was a fly.

by Anonymousreply 565April 26, 2019 10:11 PM

Cooter slam!

by Anonymousreply 566April 26, 2019 10:15 PM

Akeria has really grown on me this season. I like Brooke Lynn, but she's getting boring. I want to like Shuga Cain, but she's just not bringing "it." I know some of y'all really despise Silky, but I don't care one way or the other about her.

I can't put my finger on why, but oddly enough, I'm enjoying this season more than season 10 and 9. It's not an amazing season, but it's less abrasive to me than the previous two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 567April 26, 2019 10:23 PM

Party City wins, loses, or neutral with all this Drag Race free publicity?

I am HORRIFIED and FASCINATED when I drop in for an anthropological field trip every few years. I guess that's my attitude when I watch Drag Race, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568April 26, 2019 10:27 PM

There’s a rumor going around that after season 12, they’re gonna try to take a break from regular seasons and focus on international formats, which I think is smart. The talent pool is getting smaller. This cast turned out better than I thought, but season 8 and 10 had two of the worst casts in history.

by Anonymousreply 569April 26, 2019 10:30 PM

They can always do All Stars, and even a Super All Stars when they bring back all the millionaire queens to hash it out in an epic battle for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 570April 26, 2019 10:38 PM

All Stars: Legends Edition featuring queens like Jackie Beat and Coco Peru is something that excites a lot of fans and the queens themselves are game for it. But because of network demos, they say it’s unlikely to do a show with such a “seasoned” cast.

An all winners edition is another one that has been rumored. Producers say it’s a scheduling nightmare but you don’t have to have every winner from every season. There’s about sixteen overall winners that can compete and each All Stars season has only ten contestants.

by Anonymousreply 571April 26, 2019 11:19 PM

Silky is funny. And I agree with R555, she is good TV. The runway is going to catch up with her though.

by Anonymousreply 572April 26, 2019 11:22 PM

Akeria is very good but I think she might by the Kennedy of this season.

by Anonymousreply 573April 26, 2019 11:29 PM

r569 That's actually amazing news! A couple of international iterations is exactly what we need to freshen things up at this point.

by Anonymousreply 574April 26, 2019 11:33 PM

Silky isn't funny or talented enough to represent the Drag Race brand. She also isn't very well-spoken. Silky isn't going to win because she isn't talented enough to win. Brooke Lynn Hytes at least has a concrete talent to market: dancing, She is also polished enough to represent the Drag Race brand and starred in two of the most memorable runways of the season.

P.S. I used to be a Silky supporter until I woke up and realized how mediocre and obnoxious she truly is.

by Anonymousreply 575April 26, 2019 11:46 PM

r575, IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 576April 26, 2019 11:49 PM

Stanky must think she has this in the bag and is starting to coast. Her regular drag is pretty beat, but whatever she tossed on last night was just lazy. Glad Michelle called her out on it. And yeah, I don't see why Plastique can't use an Asian accent when the black queens can be as ghetto as they want.

by Anonymousreply 577April 26, 2019 11:52 PM

There's still about twenty posts left in this thread, but I made a new one to bookmark for when this one runs out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578April 26, 2019 11:53 PM

I think it's funny that Michelle will call out Asian Plastique for playing an Asian stereotype, but won't call out not-black Shuga for talking like a black female stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 579April 26, 2019 11:55 PM

^ Exactly R579. Shuga is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 580April 26, 2019 11:57 PM

^ R579 Can you remind us when this Shuga talking like a black female stereotype happened? I don't recall.

by Anonymousreply 581April 26, 2019 11:59 PM

Sure, R581. If you wanna look back, it's in every confessional of hers and whenever she interacts in the workroom.

by Anonymousreply 582April 27, 2019 12:01 AM

r566 For you, darlin'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583April 27, 2019 12:19 AM

The Pit Stop S11 Episode 9: Bianca Del Rio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584April 27, 2019 12:43 AM

Too bad that Brooke Lynn is so lily white, she doesn’t have a chance in hell of getting beyond second place.

Congratulations to Yvie Oddey, your newest Drag Race winner!

by Anonymousreply 585April 27, 2019 12:55 AM

Yvie sucked in this challenge. And it wasn't just A'keria overshadowing her either; she sucked all on her own. Just completely lifeless. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 586April 27, 2019 1:12 AM

I'm glad that Bianca called out Yvie for going on and on about her illness every episode. Yvie is playing the nobility game at this point. The kids still like her, but her game is transparent. Turns out her talent is not so great and her drag isn't either. She has great legs though. Creepy laugh.

by Anonymousreply 587April 27, 2019 1:30 AM

Shuga can speak however the hell he wants. And I don't even care that much for him. Yes, it's annoying but he has every right to talk how he wants. I guess we should be offended A'keria had a blond 'Hillary Clinton' wig on? No?

by Anonymousreply 588April 27, 2019 1:39 AM

Silky reminds me of Shirley Hemphill

by Anonymousreply 589April 27, 2019 2:11 AM

There's more inside info at Roscoe's Viewing Party than 6 months of Reddit. Even dumb Derrick Berry has something to contribute, but Willam tells everything. How Brook Lynn was made to do Celine in Snatch Game so she would fail and be put in the bottom, just how the show is pieced together, and how nasty a piece of work Mimi Imfurst is in real life.... A'keria is looking very fishy, like a top two contestant I'd bet. She makes all her own drag and much of what we've seen she made in the workroom on the day of the runway. Because she was poor. The show was shot a year ago and they're all friends now. Her body was NOT padded in this weeks body suit? and she made that gold headdress and zebra sequined number too. Talented. I notice she headlined with Trinity Taylor some shows in Toronto last weekend. I wonder if she won the crown. Willam gives the best explanation of how a reality show (Drag Race) is put together that I have heard. And don't believe RuPaul. Ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590April 27, 2019 8:23 AM

Don't MOST gay men talk like a 'strong black woman'...?

by Anonymousreply 591April 27, 2019 9:39 AM

[quote]derrick's throuple is 7 years old

The part that made me truly gag when I watched it. That guy could have just about anyone he wanted and he went for these two bozos? A mountain of daddy issues, I think.

by Anonymousreply 592April 27, 2019 9:58 AM

God I love Willam. His dirt on Mimi Imfurst at Roscoe's was delicious. And I'm so glad Derrick told the story of being Willam's understudy in the musical and that from the get go Willam told everyone he planned on being disqualified. One of the musicals producers was in the wet t shirt mini challenge audience and told Willam he should stay because he was doing so well and Willam was like nah, I'm coming to New York.

RaceChaser podcast is great with him and Alaska.

by Anonymousreply 593April 27, 2019 12:43 PM

I want silky to win purely to see the collective meltdown of the entire fandom.

by Anonymousreply 594April 27, 2019 12:47 PM

Why would the producers want Brook too fail?

by Anonymousreply 595April 27, 2019 12:54 PM

That precious joke was stolen from Mimi Imfurst. She did it a few years ago in a roast of Michelle Visage on a cruise. Mimi used it on Latrice."Ladies and gentlemen, Latric Royale is here, isn't she precious? No...I mean Isn't she precious??"

by Anonymousreply 596April 27, 2019 1:19 PM

Thread three

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597April 27, 2019 2:42 PM

[quote]Why would the producers want Brook too fail?

So she would have to lip synch, show off her incredible skills and Ru would get to SAVE her? Also it's good for the narrative for a frontrunner fall to the edge of extinction. Same reason why some others are NEVER put in the bottom, because they couldn't plausibly win a LSFYL - but the show wants to keep them around.

by Anonymousreply 598April 27, 2019 7:03 PM

Sashay

by Anonymousreply 599April 27, 2019 7:06 PM

Away

by Anonymousreply 600April 27, 2019 7:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!