Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race S11 Thread #3: Featuring #BLM founder Shuga Cain!

Keep the conversation going, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 25, 2019 6:00 PM

Link to previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2019 11:53 PM

umm why the race baiting title?

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2019 12:07 AM

Take that, BITCHES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2019 12:15 AM

Not race baiting, R2. It’s been a running joke throughout the threads that not-black Shuga speaks in an exaggerated black female stereotype voice.

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2019 2:40 PM

Hey, she paid good money for that accent so let her use it!

Natasha Lyonne's bangs are amazing. I'm such a whore for (well-executed) bangs.

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2019 2:45 PM

Natasha turned out to be one of the better judges they've had on the show

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2019 2:53 PM

[quote]It’s been a running joke throughout the threads

Please stop trying to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2019 3:05 PM

I was taken aback by Natasha Lyonne's full on Jewish Mother delivery. I think I've only seen her in only one thing, that Slums of Beverly Hills movie, about a decade ago. I expected a generic vocal fry style/delivery from her.

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2019 5:19 PM

Same as last week's Untucked, I have to say that Silky was actually quite bearable again in this week's episode. She still comes across as too OTT (even for a drag queen) during the actual show, but when relaxing backstage, she's more tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2019 6:52 PM

Nobody notices or thinks about this more than you, r4. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2019 7:07 PM

I’m surprised that they had Clea DuVall on one episode and Natasha Lyonne on the one after that. You would’ve thought they’d get them together for a But I’m A Cheerleader reunion with Ru.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2019 7:48 PM

Natasha looked amazing! Total transformation. I don’t remember her ever being a looker, but she is hot now.

Akeria has heart. I like her as a person. She is very Dallas church lady with it all but I’m a fan.

Silky needs to channel her talents and not throw everything but the sink. It’s too tazmainian devil for my tastes.

Ivie has potential but she is inexperienced at working well with others and always has a chip on her shoulder. She tries to control others which wears thin quickly.

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2019 8:15 PM

Nina is just over the top and seems delicate and too much like a doormat. But she is a fabulous entertainer. She needs to take care of her own needs before others.

Brooklyn is fierce but a tad calculating. She also has that Midwest/Canadian blankness. Not much soul to her.

Vangie is unique. someone you would want to party with. I don’t think she is best cut out for this type of format though.

Plastique is pretty, but it’s not the best format for her either.

Sugar seems like she just does this for fun but doesn’t strike me as the type who will do this forever. I could be wrong though.

My guess for final 4:

Nina Brook Ivie Aqueria

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2019 8:24 PM

Brooklyn reminds me of someone who would be on kids in the hall.

by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2019 8:27 PM

Sulky Nutsack is one of those queens on the show who say things like "they don't like me because I'm a threat" and "the judges loved me" (after a critique with one semi compliment and lots of knocks)....and of course her now legendary "America will LOVE me......"

She can't even talk - her speech impediment is very pronounced and her delusions are legion.

I condole her fans.

by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2019 9:36 PM

Silky also said recently "I don't have to proof myself..." Thought it was just her speech but she said it again at a later time. Which made her brother's video, in which he stated her performances were so intellectual, a very strange moment.

by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2019 10:20 PM

"She say" instead of "she says" or "she said" bothers me the most. And she said that twice in a row last week! Ira Madison nailed it on Twitter when he said Silky talks like a white gay YouTuber impersonating a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2019 10:26 PM

The thing about ghetto people going primetime is that they have to learn to change their manners and general communication, both spoken and not.

There is a reason to leave that crap behind. It’s not like anyone should be ashamed about their origins, but it’s time to get a bit more sophisticated and refined.

It doesn’t make you a sell-out. Most people in the ghetto would rather be anywhere else. There is no reason to cling to ghetto ways once you start to get out.

by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2019 10:56 PM

The norms and culture in the ghetto is very primal and oppressive. Leave it behind and don’t ever look back.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2019 10:58 PM

Wow, some racist creeps are out tonight. Fags have their own ghetto and language too. Yes they do. Ghetto is not solely about poverty or education, it's part identity. Many people code switch, some don't want to and others are incapable. Stop your damn lisping high pitched eye popping gay accents you old nelly queers ! Old effeminate white gays are the least desired men on earth.

by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2019 12:43 AM

r20 Nastiest post I've read on DL in years. Makes me question if this message board is the right place for you.

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2019 12:49 AM

What I want to know is why Silky's brother, mother, and grandmother did not share their skin-care routine.

by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2019 12:51 AM

Boring. Predictable. Prolix.

by Anonymousreply 23April 28, 2019 12:53 AM

Everyone on these threads keep misspelling Vanjie as Vangie. Is there an inside joke I'm unaware of?

by Anonymousreply 24April 28, 2019 12:57 AM

R24, it’s an homage to me.

by Anonymousreply 25April 28, 2019 1:00 AM

Silky is a ph.d. who apparently can't read or conjugate verbs properly.

by Anonymousreply 26April 28, 2019 1:00 AM

Silky triggers the fat-haters and the racists. They hate that Silky is educated and a TV star.

Stay pressed, haters!

by Anonymousreply 27April 28, 2019 1:03 AM

Well she's smart enough to understand gentrification

by Anonymousreply 28April 28, 2019 1:03 AM

Vangie { that spelling } is a common name in the Navajo Nation trans community. I'm not kidding. It has been for decades.

by Anonymousreply 29April 28, 2019 1:08 AM

[quote]Silky triggers the fat-haters and the racists.

How ridiculous. Eureka is one of my all-time faves and I'm rooting for A'Keria to win this season. This is the exact same shit we went through when we criticised Vixen for any reason - someone yelling bloody racism in every other post. You do yourself and these two communities no favours in the grand scheme of things by doing that.

by Anonymousreply 30April 28, 2019 1:13 AM

Eureka is hated/or disliked by everyone. Nothing to do with her size. For good reason. She's proved herself to be both racist and the most insincere contestant in years. Long after her seasons. Someone is way behind. Maybe R30? He likes to pontificate. So you like A'Keria. Is that like sayin that some of your best friends are black? Nah, she's the one of the best of season 11. She's not very articulate either, opens every statement with "bitch..."

Makes me question if this message board is the right place for you.

by Anonymousreply 31April 28, 2019 1:22 AM

Sulky Nutsack is edu-macated.....or perhaps OVER edu-macated.

by Anonymousreply 32April 28, 2019 2:19 AM

R18 here and I didn’t mean that to be the least bit racist. All races live in ghettos, whites included.

My point was that being ghetto is not a fixed identity. If you have moved on from that environment, there is no need to carry around that with you. There is no glory in championing dysfunction. No need for shame, either.

It’s ok to soak in new surroundings and progress and leave old ways behind. It’s ok to adapt to more sophisticated behavior and communication. It’s ok to improve yourself and your education and experiences.

I’m not sure where I lost you.

by Anonymousreply 33April 28, 2019 3:00 AM

Is Silky championing dysfunction? The poster above has a point. Is DL going as hard at A'Keria? Is ever black competitor who says "axe" here dragged for it? I get it. Silky is unpopular. And she's brought much of it on herself. But it's boring to carp about her saying "proof myself" or whatever. She's a drag queen. She's not running for office.

by Anonymousreply 34April 28, 2019 3:19 AM

[quote]My point was that being ghetto is not a fixed identity. If you have moved on from that environment, there is no need to carry around that with you. There is no glory in championing dysfunction. No need for shame, either.

RuPaul first.

by Anonymousreply 35April 28, 2019 3:21 AM

Celine quotes Drag Race here. She could be a great choice for Snatch Game. (She still sleeps with her kids?!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 28, 2019 3:40 AM

I felt certain that’s Vanjie was going home this week. I can usually understand Ru’s decisions even if I might not necessarily agree with them. But this one has me scratching my head. Vanjie is good, but not great, and she has risen to her level of incompetence in this competition.

by Anonymousreply 37April 28, 2019 4:03 AM

Yeah, her days are numbered.

by Anonymousreply 38April 28, 2019 4:21 AM

Silky was amazing in the challenge video this week. He's a better actor than Cheyenne Jackson. Somebody needs to cast him in a sitcom asap.

That kid is going to be a major star.

by Anonymousreply 39April 28, 2019 4:44 AM

When I think about who should win a season of RPDR, I try to imagine the contestants emceeing a drag ball or that big Ru show that tours. You have to be quick, articulate, charismatic, talented, and look pretty good. I could see Shuga Kane doing well. I could see Silky pulling it off but wonder if she has the stamina physically. I could even see Vangie doing well if she got more confident and let go of that persona just a little.

Cannot see Ivey, she tries too hard and, for all her intelligence, is stuck in her head too much. There is a grimness about her. I think that all that mouthy criticism is just a small fracture of what she directs toward herself mentally. An interesting character.

Brooke Lynn (sp?) has great moves but should not be talking into a microphone—she is a better dancer and dresser than a speaker. A’keria is often sour and has, incidentally, the most perfect textbook example of “resting bitchface” ever. Nina is sweet but to broad (don’t go there). I can’t remember the others who are left, if any.

by Anonymousreply 40April 28, 2019 5:15 AM

Should add that my own criteria for picking a winner is NOT the show’s, obviously. If it were, the beautiful but vapid Violet Chachki wouldn’t have won, not would have Aquaria. Violet might be the most beautiful on RPDR ever, but she DULL in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 41April 28, 2019 5:19 AM

R41 Violet is foul, that pinched nose and smackable face

by Anonymousreply 42April 28, 2019 6:26 AM

R8 and R12---Natasha Lyonne is the shit! I've heard her on some podcast interviews and when I'm just listening to her speaking voice, she sounds so close to being either Patty or Selma, you hear the New York Jewish Broad through the smoke while she says funny shit. She has a newish show on Netflix called" Russian Doll." When she was talking with the contestants about having her SAG card at six, I was hollering Opal ! Opal! She was adorable a wee girl on "PeeWee's Play House" and she is fucking great now.

by Anonymousreply 43April 28, 2019 6:47 AM

Bruno! Bruno! That is all.

by Anonymousreply 44April 28, 2019 10:01 AM

Shiva Cain is the most entertaining and witty when speaking. I can see her hosting a show or drag tour. She actually very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 45April 28, 2019 11:57 AM

Silky from the Wabash class of '12 always was a looker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 28, 2019 3:43 PM

Silky has star quality but those big personality types always have a tendency to self-destruct.

by Anonymousreply 47April 28, 2019 8:01 PM

R47 WTF? She plays the same character in everything, every second. A self obsessed loud fat cunt screaming like a street whore who has had her crack stolen by a rat, Star Quality? Oh fuck off

by Anonymousreply 48April 28, 2019 8:12 PM

We all know Silky HATES being fat. She's just playing the part. Pathetic!

by Anonymousreply 49April 28, 2019 8:44 PM

^^Pressed

by Anonymousreply 50April 28, 2019 9:00 PM

^^Sloppy Bottom

by Anonymousreply 51April 28, 2019 9:15 PM

I had the subtitles on for the last episode, and when Nina said that his look was inspired by Leigh Bowery, the subtitle said, “My look was inspired by Glenda Bailey.”

by Anonymousreply 52April 29, 2019 2:02 AM

R52 - it could have been.

by Anonymousreply 53April 29, 2019 2:42 AM

Silky NASTY nutmeg Ginache

by Anonymousreply 54April 29, 2019 3:40 AM

Yes, Glenda Bailey is certainly a drag icon and emulated everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 29, 2019 3:51 AM

One of these people is a two-time RPDR contestant. The other is a housewife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 29, 2019 4:21 AM

I want to see Glenda Bailey on the Snatch game next season

by Anonymousreply 57April 29, 2019 4:32 AM

Silky's people were more attractive than one might have guessed.

by Anonymousreply 58April 29, 2019 3:34 PM

Sulky has not completed her doctorate. I don’t even think Miss Thing has started a doctoral program. I believe she told Ru she has a master’s degree in Organizational Development, but wants to start a doctoral program as soon as possible. I forgot which specific program, but she did mention a specific one to which she wanted to apply. She is no dummy, but the fact she can’t do her own hair is telling. I think she is too sloppy for the final 3/4, although she is very talented.

by Anonymousreply 59April 29, 2019 3:59 PM

R20 and r31 and a few others is the insane person of color troll who filled up threads during the Vixen's rein of terror with rants calling everyone racist and old white men, and peppering his posts with "y'all" (although seems to have backed off that lately). They have a distinctly obnoxious train of thought writing style, a total lack of logic, their insults are just as vicious as they can make them and think they are far cleverer than they are. I wouldn't be surprised if it was The Vixen, frankly. Best ignored and not responded to ever.

by Anonymousreply 60April 29, 2019 4:06 PM

We never got the fascinatia with Ru Paul.

She is not interesting, clever or funny in any way.

She is actually quite dated and tired.

by Anonymousreply 61April 29, 2019 4:08 PM

What I hate about Drag Race is that some queens have been sashayed away for missing one component of the total package. Namely, Scarlet Envy, who I thought should have been top 4, for not being able to dance. Silky was literally rolling around slowly on the floor and if she can dance, the layers of fat are hiding it. Silky's looks don't really change week to week - same pregnant silhouette, same flowy sparkly gown, same pageant queen makeup.

Vanjie has been particularly awful. busted leotard, same runway walk EVERY TIME, screaming/shouting her lines as if it really was a race, just an on/off button that I've been tempted to turn off. Yes, she's quite charming in the workroom and when she is fed funny lines in the confessional, but she's a fan favorite, so she stays. Any other season, she would be gone. She brought it in the dragalympics challenge and that's really it.

Brooke Lynn Hites is too controlled and it's quite obvious they are editing for an Yvie victory. Shuga Cain has truly coasted - not sure why she is still there.

by Anonymousreply 62April 29, 2019 4:24 PM

Are we sure that Shuga is not black or part black? He looks like a lot of my cousins out of drag, so I'm not sure and I don't remember them going into his background on the show other than he used to make six figures then quit.

And please don't compare Vixen and Silky. Vixen got everything she deserved from the fandom. That bitch was toxic and tried to bring all the other queens and Ru down to her level. Whatever right and/or good points she was making was overshadowed by her delivery.

Silky clearly became Silky as a defense mechanism. The weight, the in your face personality is a response to something else. Silky can work all of this out of the couch, if she gets a good doctor or what to help her. But at the same time, a fixed Silky, may not be as good drag queen. So who knows.

Final 4... Yvie (winner), Brook, Silky, Akeria.

by Anonymousreply 63April 29, 2019 4:28 PM

[quote]She is actually quite dated and tired.

Oh, my sides! Tell another one, Erna!

by Anonymousreply 64April 29, 2019 4:42 PM

Does anyone else think that Honey Davenport got eliminated on purpose? It seems like she was intentionally doing poorly so she could be sent home.

by Anonymousreply 65April 29, 2019 5:05 PM

Nina West and Silky are the only ones who can handle acting and comedy. If they were also glamour girls, they would be running away with this season. Everybody always discounts the big girls, including Ru.

by Anonymousreply 66April 29, 2019 5:36 PM

Nina West >>> Silky. Silky says she is educated but you would never be able to tell without her reminding us every 10 minutes. Silky can only act if the character is fat and black...not a huge range there.

by Anonymousreply 67April 29, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote]Are we sure that Shuga is not black or part black? He looks like a lot of my cousins out of drag, so I'm not sure and I don't remember them going into his background on the show other than he used to make six figures then quit.

Shuga says he's Salvadorean and Apache (he's originally from the Bay Area).

by Anonymousreply 68April 29, 2019 5:44 PM

Sorry, I don't get the Yvie love. She's a killer lipsycker, but beyond that, not so much. She certainly can't act, she's not particularly charming, her looks don't do anything to me, and when she "glams" up she still looks ratty. I love Vanjie, but this is not her competition. She'll do very well on the circuit - I mean she made more of a mark last season after being first out, than any of the others. I couldn't stand Silky the first few weeks, but I've grown to like her, and she's genuinely funny in the skits and snatch game. Shuga will probably not last much longer. Brook Lyne is a pro. No she can't act either, but she's amazing on the runway, very likable, mature, and is just as good a lipsyncker as Yvie. And I love A'keria. Presume she'll be in the top 3.

by Anonymousreply 69April 29, 2019 6:31 PM

Personally, out of the girls left, if I were paying to see them in a show... I would pay for Silky and Nina West. But wanting to see them in a show versus getting the crown are two different things.

I think Nina is far better than she is on this show, but she's not going to win. But she'll go back home and her rate will go up, which awesome for her. Silky is also great and I'd love to see her live, but I think Ru is biased towards a more polished, looks queen. And let's be real, Silky isn't doing anything new and/or original. She's a throwback to those loud, in your face, drag queens from back in the day, but Ru won't give her the crown.

by Anonymousreply 70April 29, 2019 6:46 PM

I'm "cleverer" than R60, that's fo sho y'all. Are you the one with the penile implant failure?

by Anonymousreply 71April 29, 2019 7:22 PM

R61 Erna, my dear, are you sure you aren’t watching your mirror instead of the television?

by Anonymousreply 72April 29, 2019 9:16 PM

I think I'll vomit if I have to see Silky in those sweat/poop stained blue workroom shorts again. She always wears them, and they still have giant stains from the choreography challenge weeks ago. Imagine the smell...

by Anonymousreply 73April 29, 2019 9:41 PM

As long as Nina doesn't have to lip-sync for her life, she will make it to the finale. She's been killing the challenges. But knowing Ru, he's just waiting for her to slip-up so he can send her home. Ru truly has something against the big girls. A fat person did something to him when he was younger and he's been on a vendetta ever since.

by Anonymousreply 74April 29, 2019 9:42 PM

I think I remember them saying Shuga Cain is native American.

by Anonymousreply 75April 29, 2019 9:55 PM

Maybe World of Wonder stacked the S11 cast with boogers in hopes of turning off the fanbase and prompting VH1 to cancel the show.

Clearly, Ru and WoW are more interested these days in the new RuPaul talk show and the AJ and the Kid show on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 76April 29, 2019 10:02 PM

No Ru is completely committed to RPDR. He is flying to the UK to tape the UK version this month (or maybe it's just Michelle but I think he said they were both going). If you take RPDR away from him, the other opportunities dry up (The World's Best, Summer talk show tryout, more books, etc.) If he does something else that gets even bigger than RPDR, he'd leave, I think.

by Anonymousreply 77April 29, 2019 10:05 PM

This season of Drag Race just seems to have a much lower IQ and not any great personal narratives.

by Anonymousreply 78April 29, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote]I think Nina is far better than she is on this show

This is her still-talked-about winning evening gown at National Entertainer of the Year 2008.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 29, 2019 10:12 PM

Well they are certainly trying to push the Yvie Oddly narrative that "I may only be able to do drag for six more years."

by Anonymousreply 80April 29, 2019 11:12 PM

They are really stretching out this Yvie-Silky feud. This season needs better drama and drag,

by Anonymousreply 81April 30, 2019 12:03 AM

Yvie was nice to Silky last Untucked...asking her questions about her family.

by Anonymousreply 82April 30, 2019 1:47 PM

Yvie realizes she has to be nice on camera so she can win the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 83April 30, 2019 7:21 PM

Very true R83. But she doesn't do it with the grace of Bianca or the bitchy fun of Trinity. I like Yvie, but she's kind of depressing to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 84April 30, 2019 10:39 PM

Sneak peek is up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 30, 2019 11:31 PM

How Nina West Channeled Her Republican Childhood into Queer Activism

[quote]The 'Drag Race' competitor has raised over $2.5 million for her community in Ohio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 1, 2019 12:33 AM

OUT are shady for using that pic of a busted looking Nina.

by Anonymousreply 87May 1, 2019 12:36 AM

Nina always looks busted. She's comedic and hammy in appearance. Pulls faces that she crafted during home bar lip sync performances and for pageant talent competitions. She's not a bit conversationally witty, smart or funny on Drag Race. She's a miss congeniality - maybe not a fan favorite.

Pandora Box suffered from this too. She thought she was hilarious and well dressed. She was only funny in character (sometimes) and way too awkward and sensitive for the runway critique of the show. A bit too old for the format. All those matchy match costumes. Way back then. Pandora must be mid fifties now? The show made her a lot of money, but she's a sad busted queen who's not funny. That's become her niche.

by Anonymousreply 88May 1, 2019 12:57 AM

That's not a bad pic. Ok, the lighting is a little harsh.

by Anonymousreply 89May 1, 2019 1:11 AM

The ppic is fine, my god. Focus on her activism instead; it's pretty damn inspiring. I wish I could have a positive impact on the gay community in my area like that as well.

by Anonymousreply 90May 1, 2019 1:20 AM

*pic

by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2019 1:20 AM

You can, and you shall - if you stop wasting your time hall monitoring comments on Nina West.

by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2019 1:23 AM

Nice of her to show that kind of community support.

I find her so needy and desperate on the show. It’s Mimi like levels of psychic drain.

by Anonymousreply 93May 1, 2019 1:37 AM

The drag queen in OPs photo looks like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 94May 1, 2019 3:00 AM

She is.

by Anonymousreply 95May 1, 2019 3:08 AM

R93 And she looks like Sloth from The Goonies.

Her talking heads make me uncomfortable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 1, 2019 3:27 AM

Go Nina! I haven't been a fan but she deserved one great showing and she had it tonight. Their magic skit was pretty polished, for Drag Race. No way did Shuga deserve to be in the bottom two with Miss Vanjie. Yvie and Silky both sucked too. The PTB are really protecting those two. Vanjie was a divine wreck during the LSFYL. She's hilarious at what she's good at. No More Drama. (or skits)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 3, 2019 5:05 AM

NINA was awesome!

by Anonymousreply 98May 3, 2019 5:33 AM

Bye Shuga, you was boring

by Anonymousreply 99May 3, 2019 5:46 AM

[quote]Does anyone else think that Honey Davenport got eliminated on purpose?

If that's the case, then it was some fine acting on her part in how she was so eager for Ru to save her and how devastated she was when she walked off stage and collapsed to the ground, ugly sobbing and all. I've gotten pretty cold-hearted when it comes to emotional manipulation on this show, but I couldn't help feeling really bad for her at that moment.

by Anonymousreply 100May 3, 2019 6:16 AM

That was a big load of BS. The bottom 2 should have been Yvie and Vanjie. I suspect that Ru knew that no way was Vanjie winning a lip synch against Yvie and sacrificed Shuga. And FINALLY Skankie got called out for her messy drag. The look on her face as she realized she could end up lip synching was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 101May 3, 2019 10:15 AM

Anyone else thought that is a nightmare of a song for a lip sync? I thought Ru would send both of them home as Vanjie kept repeating the same moves over and over again. I loved and a going to miss Shuga's good-natured confessionals but man her delivery during the challenge was as bad and robotic as Yvie's. Did you see Silky almost mouthing off to Ru when she got saved?

r92 Christ, but you're insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 102May 3, 2019 10:52 AM

Look at Nina West pulling ahead. She did great. I still like Yvie but maybe she can't act. And maybe she's a little Aspergers. She was trying to defend her contribution but it came off like "throwing others under the bus" as that parlance goes. It's intense Silky and A'keria didn't want to write a word down. Are they confident in their improv or is that not a winning strategy? The performance had a few moving parts. Maybe Yvie saved it by giving it structure.

by Anonymousreply 103May 3, 2019 10:54 AM

I would go see some of these queens in person, but they are all booking shows at theaters. Now there is something that I would never do. Who wants to see a drag queen before midnight? They are like gremlins and should only be out at a certain hour.

It just seems weird to go to a theater to see this.

by Anonymousreply 104May 3, 2019 12:49 PM

[quote] They are like gremlins and should only be out at a certain hour.

They're better understood drunk.

by Anonymousreply 105May 3, 2019 12:56 PM

During their big magic number, Silky conjured nothing more than a bedraggled crackwhore on that stage, truth is all 4 - Silty, Malaria, Eerie, Valgae - looked like some sort of junkyard revue but the two tired sluts (Simply Garbage & Malaria) who totally half-assed the preparation of said number "Let's just improv and eat chicken, bitch!" truly asked to be the ones to lip-sync for. your. LIIIIIIIIIFE!, not Vanjo and Shoulda.

by Anonymousreply 106May 3, 2019 12:59 PM

WHY is Ru and the rest of the production pushing Silky so far to be in the finals at the expense of others. Once again this week, Silky was fine - not great, just average especially compared to everyone else. Silky’s costume was atrocious (those hip pads!!), her delivery was awkward and lacking both character and story. She seemed to go off of the magical challenge and she’s safe? Then, to make matters worse, she’s commended for "showing personality", despite Vanjie’s being criticized for the same thing ("Too much personalty, we're not seeing the REAL you."). Add to all of that Silk's predisposition to take criticism and often lashing out defensively and you have one of the poorer queens of past seasons. Silky may make for great television, but I have to wonder how much longer Ru can afford to have Silky around before the queen is tested - again - and fails - again.

by Anonymousreply 107May 3, 2019 1:21 PM

[quote]WHY is Ru and the rest of the production pushing Silky so far to be in the finals at the expense of others.

Because ratings are what counts. People love to tune in to to watch Silky, because (Choose One) 1) they don't like her; 2) they think she's messy; 3) wonder what outrageous thing she going to do next; or 4) all of the above.

I think the fandom likes Vanjie and they tune in hoping that this is the week she's going to get it together or just to hear what crazy mess she's going to say next.

I was sorry to see Shuga go, but we knew it was coming eventually. Vanjie clearly is on borrowed time. And I think last night they've set in motion Silky's upcoming elimination. They just need to milk a few more weeks out of the ones who make great TV, because let's be honest the front runners aren't really setting the place on fire.

by Anonymousreply 108May 3, 2019 1:53 PM

It was very obvious how they were ready to get rid of Shuga. Did she really deserve to be in the bottom 2? Not really, but Ru felt she was the most disposable girl left. She was not inspired by her and wasn't going to give her the crown.

by Anonymousreply 109May 3, 2019 3:29 PM

I agree. Did Shuga do the worst last night? No. But out of all the queens left, she was the one who wasn’t pushing the competition further. Silky is annoying but at least she has a memorable personality. Shuga had some beautiful looks on the runway, but it wasn’t as if she made them himself. She was able to pick the best looks from top tier designers because she had the money.

Even her exit line was cliched and forgettable. “Remember, sugar is sweet. I’ll see you soon.”

I wouldn’t place any bets on an All Stars run.

by Anonymousreply 110May 3, 2019 4:21 PM

Good for Nina! She was great - and she was the best at the magic trick, too. Her insistence that the show have STRUCTURE saved them from the disaster that was BA-LACK Magic......

Is Sulky Nutsack really delusional enough the thing she looks good?

by Anonymousreply 111May 3, 2019 4:29 PM

....to think.... Whew where is the edit function?

by Anonymousreply 112May 3, 2019 4:30 PM

"I wouldn’t place any bets on an All Stars run."

Doesn't being a terrible drag queen pretty much guarantee a spot as a filler queen on All Stars? See Aja on AS3 and Latrice on AS4.

by Anonymousreply 113May 3, 2019 4:42 PM

I was noticing this week Ru seems to like Silky. Silky is funny and memorable. I don't think she should win or anything.

by Anonymousreply 114May 3, 2019 5:01 PM

Just like all of America!

by Anonymousreply 115May 3, 2019 5:07 PM

A lot of people on twitter didn't think Shuga should have gone home. I was noticing she got dinged for doing two costume reveals. I'm sure they were right the first one was the best but they also did it to control the parameters of the show. They don't want them all to start up with switching looks. Shuga was fine but she's only been at it a year and a half. It's still funny to me she quit her life to do this full-time at 40. That's now possible apparently.

by Anonymousreply 116May 3, 2019 5:07 PM

Glad Shuga’s out. She’s mediocre. Vangie’s gotta go, too.

by Anonymousreply 117May 3, 2019 5:36 PM

Did you all see Shuga on Untucked, when she returned to pack? It was startling. No makeup and a different voice than the talking heads. She’s odd. Ru doesn’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 118May 3, 2019 5:39 PM

[Quote] Did you all see Shuga on Untucked, when she returned to pack? It was startling. No makeup and a different voice than the talking heads. She’s odd. Ru doesn’t like her.

He looks the same. It's not startling at all, MARY.

by Anonymousreply 119May 3, 2019 6:18 PM

Its obvious that Stinky Garbage is being saved for rating and NOT talent. Her ghetto schtick is predictable and not original in the least. Her Drag is unfinished and messy. Being called out on her dreadful eye makeup alone should have sent her packing. Most importantly, Stinky is a lazy performer. She gives the least effort and just relays on her limited delivery of repeatedly calling out ' BITCH ' every 10 minutes. At least Miss Vangie tries..

by Anonymousreply 120May 3, 2019 6:19 PM

agree, r120.

by Anonymousreply 121May 3, 2019 6:21 PM

And Silky was called out for her sloppy drag during the magic show. If it had been anyone else, that would have landed her in the bottom two.

by Anonymousreply 122May 3, 2019 6:49 PM

With a BIG Thud to be sure R122.

by Anonymousreply 123May 3, 2019 7:28 PM

I am impressed by Ivie's drag, but she has become insufferable to be around. Who'd want to work with someone like that? Week after week after week of assertive/aggressive comments. There's a time (or times) to keep your mouth shut to keep the peace. Her ignorance of this is going to cost her bookings in the future.

by Anonymousreply 124May 3, 2019 11:22 PM

Shuga Cain is a gorgeous man with tons of personality. I'm glad he's found the man of his dreams. I'm soooo jealous.

by Anonymousreply 125May 3, 2019 11:25 PM

I actually felt for Yvie when they were planning the act. It was clear that she was being careful to express her desire to go scripted without riding roughshod over what the others wanted. Vanjie failed to back her up and Miss Mateo should have been called out on that. The discussion in Untucked just went in circles.

by Anonymousreply 126May 3, 2019 11:42 PM

[quote]This is her still-talked-about winning evening gown at National Entertainer of the Year 2008.

And one can see why - that was pretty impressive. This week she killed both the main challenge and the runway. Right now I'm predicting a top four of Nina, Brooklyn, Akaria and Yvie . I would not be surprised if Nina takes this thing. She's plus sized, an old school host on the biggest nights of the week bar queen and a pageant girl - a trifecta of firsts. And really in the drag world she's a bit of a legend - like a plus- sized Chad Michaels.

by Anonymousreply 127May 4, 2019 12:59 AM

For the last couple weeks, I've been coming to terms that there's a distinct possibility that Silky and Vanjie will be two of the top 4. It'll be up to Ru to prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 128May 4, 2019 1:01 AM

Vanjie is back to a leotard next week presumably.. I could see Silky sneaking into the finals. The look on her face if she goes out 6th or 5th.

by Anonymousreply 129May 4, 2019 1:02 AM

Sia credited Nina as the inspiration for her own "living ball gown" at Coachella 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 4, 2019 1:04 AM

R130 Credited? She ripped it off, but, at least, unlike Beyonce, she credited Nina

by Anonymousreply 131May 4, 2019 1:07 AM

TOP 4 - Brooklyn, Akaria, Yvie and the annoying loud mouth pig.

by Anonymousreply 132May 4, 2019 1:07 AM

Nina and Brooklyn are too white to win.

Akeria’s performance in the Fortune/Cheyenne improv challenge sealed the win.

by Anonymousreply 133May 4, 2019 2:29 AM

Da Black Magic!! Da BLACK Magic!! DA BLACK MAGIC!!!!

by Anonymousreply 134May 4, 2019 4:02 AM

I like A'keria but other than the twerking sketch she usually seems low energy, with a perpetual resting bitch face. Great runways, but I don't see her winning. Then again, Violet and Aquaria sailed through with no personality

by Anonymousreply 135May 4, 2019 5:16 AM

Shuga is an uninspired queen but so cute as a guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 4, 2019 5:25 AM

[Quote] Then again, Violet and Aquaria sailed through with no personality

exactly.

by Anonymousreply 137May 4, 2019 5:32 AM

I was waiting for Ru to say to Vangie, "Why are you crying little latin boy wearing a drag?" WTF with no boob contouring?

r77, he just finished an entire season of, "AJ and The Queen" for Netflix:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 4, 2019 5:44 AM

I like Michelle but I think her look is always wrong. For one, she does too many updos. Her makeup is harsh in all the wrong places.

And her glasses and hair always seem so random. There is no logic to her look. Even if some people dress in a way that I don’t like, I can still follow the logic.

But with her, it’s always mismatched and weird looking. She needs to let someone else make her over and she has no say in what they do. She could present a lot prettier and more fashionable and glamorous which I think is her goal.

by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2019 6:24 AM

Interesting r139. I actually think Michelle's make up is damn good these days. If you see her in the early seasons she looks younger now.

by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2019 7:01 AM

A'keria stole Meg Foster's eye.

Give'em back.

bitch

by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2019 8:26 AM

Meg .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 4, 2019 8:27 AM

Michelle is the secret weapon of the show. Do we already know that?

by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2019 11:57 AM

Michelle Visage let herself down badly with her appearance on Celebrity Big Brother UK a few years ago. Apart from her lacklustre performance, her easy friendship with Katie Hopkins was very ugly and something she can't live down, her judgement of people sucks. She comes as a great advocate for gays and spoke often on CBB about her passion for gay rights while simultaneously joining bully Hopkins in her hate campaign against Perez Hilton, the only gay in the show. However obnoxious Hilton is, there is no way on earth the person Visage presents as would side with Hopkins against him. There is something Rachel Dolezal about her and her absorption of gay life.

by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2019 4:28 PM

Sorry but no. Perez was and remains cancer. Not because of his homosexuality, but because of his various mental disorders that he refuses to treat. I will never forget Michelle standing up for him when Alexander O’Neal called him a faggot. The friendship with Hopkins was deplorable, I won't argue with you on that one.

by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2019 4:34 PM

He was still the only gay in the show, however cancerous or mental R145 and Visage chose to cosy up to Hopkins against him. Visage is supposedly Queen mother of all gays.

by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2019 4:39 PM

Except she is not smart enough to understand gentrification, R28. When she spoke about being a registered Republican because of redistricting, the process she meant was gerrymandering.

by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2019 4:45 PM

Sorry but Perez is not worthy and should be shunned and punished for all the hate he puts in the world.

by Anonymousreply 148May 4, 2019 4:52 PM

I agree Michelle’s look has improved, but it’s still very hodgepodge. You can tell she won’t let herself be fully made over by someone else.

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2019 4:53 PM

I think Hopkins is a more dangerous and unpleasant figure R147 Visage has very bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 150May 4, 2019 4:58 PM

R150 meant for R148

by Anonymousreply 151May 4, 2019 4:59 PM

No love for this week's runway theme? It was 100% Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 152May 4, 2019 5:01 PM

Yeah - the caftans made me laugh purely because of DL. I feel like the producers / Ru got the idea from DL. If only they said "Caftans and earrings"

The caftans also looked a lot better than what I was expecting...though some weren't quite caftans as the judges pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 153May 4, 2019 5:04 PM

[quote]Except she is not smart enough to understand gentrification, [R28]. When she spoke about being a registered Republican because of redistricting, the process she meant was gerrymandering.

The fact that she even in the ballpark was a step up from the vast majority of queens who have ever appeared on the show. What I was fascinated by was how unemotional she was during her family video segment last week in Untucked. You've got some bitches crying and falling down on the floor, and Silky seemed totally unmoved by the whole thing. That could have been her moment to go completely over the top as she likes to do, but she gave nothing. She fascinates me.

by Anonymousreply 154May 4, 2019 5:11 PM

R146 He wasn't the only gay in the show (Kavana was gay), and why should him being gay mean he can't be fucking annoying/insufferable/unstable. He deserved to be bullied.

by Anonymousreply 155May 4, 2019 7:19 PM

I can't believe we have some poster trying to defend Perez fucking Hilton.

You don't get a pass for being a shitty human being just because we all suck cock.

by Anonymousreply 156May 4, 2019 7:48 PM

As mentioned already, I just can't over the praise about Silky and her "personality" - which basically consists of yelling "BITCH!" at every opportunity or, when it's a body challenge, yelling out "Mah boobies! Look at mah boobies!"

by Anonymousreply 157May 4, 2019 7:50 PM

I don't particularly like Silky but she is a natural performer. Very comfortable in her own skin and able to command the audience's attention. It's a skill that not everyone has.

by Anonymousreply 158May 4, 2019 7:52 PM

Well not EVERYBODY has that much skin.

by Anonymousreply 159May 4, 2019 7:55 PM

Silky is a gay Gary Coleman

by Anonymousreply 160May 4, 2019 10:25 PM

R155 Be that as it may, as self appointed patron saint of gays, Visage was an unexpected part of the bullying, but more to the point is her ill advised friendship with Katie Hopkins, she is no judge of character for that alone.

by Anonymousreply 161May 4, 2019 10:43 PM

Omg R160 that was harsh

by Anonymousreply 162May 5, 2019 4:43 AM

I'm not seeing this talent or humor that Silky somehow possesses. She has trashy drag two weeks in a row and still isn't eliminated. WTF is going on!

by Anonymousreply 163May 5, 2019 4:47 AM

Silky is the affirmative action contestant. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 164May 5, 2019 4:49 AM

Well, if Stanky doesn't win, you can best believe she'll be back for All Stars and probably win that.

by Anonymousreply 165May 5, 2019 5:02 AM

I think Ru got the caftans from this actually. He remember this because it was funny and cute. In the first :45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 5, 2019 5:11 AM

Stanky gotta go. Vanjie is in over her head. Rooting for Yvie, but don’t think she has what it takes. Akeria is very polished, but is that enough? Nina has the comedy chops, but what else? Who is better than Brooklyn???

by Anonymousreply 167May 5, 2019 4:02 PM

R167, Yvie has a growth story, whereas Brooklyn starts off polished. If you look at Yvie's makeup, it has been getting better and better as the show progresses. I think they're going to give it to Yvie.

If you look at Yvie's IG, her makeup is full glam now:, and she's definitely grown style-wise (you have to scroll down past all the DR posts):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 5, 2019 6:31 PM

With the new Lip Sync for the Crown format you never can really say who will win. We all remember Sasha snatching what seemed like Shea's inevitable crown away.

by Anonymousreply 169May 5, 2019 6:50 PM

r168, what Yvie wrote on her IG sounds like she's transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 170May 5, 2019 6:57 PM

It’s funny that people actually believe that whichever queen lip syncs better than another queen wins. LOL

Like all reality shows, the winner is determined well in advance of any finale performance.

by Anonymousreply 171May 5, 2019 7:12 PM

No, trans-obsessed freak. Quit being such a basement loser.

by Anonymousreply 172May 5, 2019 7:13 PM

People always want to take everything a step too far.

Sasha's win was 100% of her lip sync, who knows if anyone else will be able to pull off what she did, but she did force Ru and the producers to give her the crown.

by Anonymousreply 173May 5, 2019 7:17 PM

R173 And look how that turned out, bitch can barely string a sentence together. Same with Violet and Aquaria, lousy dumb slags

by Anonymousreply 174May 5, 2019 7:43 PM

What’s wrong with Aqueria? I didn’t watch that season but she seems polished and respectable. She does Vogue and high fashion stuff which is pretty impressive.

by Anonymousreply 175May 5, 2019 7:57 PM

R175 She cannot talk

by Anonymousreply 176May 5, 2019 8:23 PM

It's between Nina West and the Rev. Dr.. Silky Nutmeg Ganache. They are light years above the other queens.

Nina's magic act was the best performance ever seen on Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 177May 5, 2019 8:28 PM

Some of y'all need to cool your jets on Nina. She's mostly been an offence to the runway (and the stomping!). She hasn't aced many challenges. And her facepulling... there's little variety there. BLH actually surprised with the Cheyenne Jacksom improv.

by Anonymousreply 178May 5, 2019 9:09 PM

r170 It's just an overly dramatic Insta post, that's all. People do that shit all the time for no reason, although it does seem a bit out of character for Yvie.

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2019 9:44 PM

Has anybody seen that Doritos commercial with that rapper guy and the boy band?

I could’ve sworn the rapper was Vanjie!! He sort of looks like him and talks like him.

Hehe. Funny stuff.

I was sad to see Suga voted off but I’m liking Yvie more and more. I hope he wins. Or maybe Brook Lynn. They’re the only acceptable queens. Maybe Nina.

by Anonymousreply 180May 5, 2019 10:56 PM

Is the rapper DMX?

by Anonymousreply 181May 5, 2019 10:58 PM

r170, I took it to mean that she's moving out of Denver and to L.A.

by Anonymousreply 182May 6, 2019 1:01 AM

What's the point of moving to LA if you're going to be touring solidly for at least a couple of years?

by Anonymousreply 183May 6, 2019 1:03 AM

Don’t know, R181. 😛

by Anonymousreply 184May 6, 2019 1:15 AM

R183 Easier access to LAX, World of Wonder and the other Queens?

by Anonymousreply 185May 6, 2019 7:41 AM

I lost a lot of respect for Yvie in the last episode. Rather than play to the strengths of her team, Yvie made it all about her by forcing some scripted lines that were simply not funny. Yvie knows she is not good at improv, so she stood the biggest chance of bottom two if her group failed the challenge. Silky, Akeria and even Vanjie would have been more fun and freer if it remained improv. If you have a script, you need someone clever and witty like Nina to produce it. There was NO clever in the other group. But you have to admit that if you just let Silky run with it, it probably would have been funnier.

Yvie is a typical millennial - it's all about her and when she's mean (almost every episode) - "I'm just being honest." Her runway looks have been busted and the judges slobber all over her because she has a "compelling" story - ugh.

by Anonymousreply 186May 6, 2019 7:19 PM

And another thing. Vanjie has shown almost no growth since her first season. Yes she is charming when fed scripted lines in the confessionals, but her runway looks and walks are the SAME every time. She even throws in a cheesy wink to the judges EVERY TIME she walks. She wore a caftan with no boobs or contouring - showing her man chest in the LSFYL. That kind of thing ruins the illusion for me. She needed to go about three episodes ago, but she is ratings so WoW says keep her on until almost the end Ru.

by Anonymousreply 187May 6, 2019 7:23 PM

Will this season ever end?

by Anonymousreply 188May 6, 2019 7:23 PM

No, they wouldn't. Vanjie was busking madly with that paper bag. Being good at improv is one thing. Being good at improv while doing an unfamiliar magic trick is another.

by Anonymousreply 189May 6, 2019 7:24 PM

It’s heartening to see some hatred for Vanjie and Yvie. I’ve hated them since episode one.

by Anonymousreply 190May 6, 2019 8:18 PM

R176, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Sad!

Hate a fashion queen all you want but Violet, Sasha, and Aquaria all know what the fuck they're talking about. By far they're some of the brightest queens from the show. Aquaria on FPRuView proved that and Violet knows her references and can speak to them off the cuff, too. See her videos with Katya.

None of then are my all time favorites but they have talent and compared to some of the contestants (Kennedy, Silky) they rank up there with the greatest orators of antiquity!

Can't stand Silky, Vangie is the new Alyssa, and both Akeria and Nina are great but somehow toothless. Oddly is nowhere near odd enough. Comes off like a try-hard.

by Anonymousreply 191May 6, 2019 8:27 PM

R191 'Eyes are clevar causes I likes fashions'

by Anonymousreply 192May 6, 2019 8:36 PM

Aquaria was the only one out of three that knew Marlene Dietrich (not personally, you understand). Fan favourite Miz Cracker didn't.

by Anonymousreply 193May 6, 2019 8:56 PM

R193 Wow, she should get an honorary Ph.D from the place Silky Hungarian Goulash attends

by Anonymousreply 194May 6, 2019 9:14 PM

Silky needs to go. Alyssa >>>>>> Vanjie. To my knowledge, Alyssa is building an empire and Vanjie is barely a funny meme.

by Anonymousreply 195May 6, 2019 9:19 PM

My top 3: Brooke Lynn Heights, Nina West, and Yvie

by Anonymousreply 196May 6, 2019 9:22 PM

Just in case you were wondering if Shuga talks like that when she’s not on Drag Race

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 7, 2019 1:53 AM

Sadly Nina West won't make the top 3, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 198May 7, 2019 2:23 AM

R198 I agree, the judges just don't seem to like her that much

by Anonymousreply 199May 7, 2019 3:23 AM

R198 R199 I really hope Nina does, she was stunning this week. Silky is loud shit, Vanjie is useless, Top 3 will surely be Nina, Yvie and Brooke Lynn

by Anonymousreply 200May 7, 2019 3:59 AM

Is Carson Kressley still a judge on the show? I don't remember seeing him this season.

by Anonymousreply 201May 7, 2019 4:24 AM

I remember reading somewhere Carson was filming something else at the same time as this season so he couldn't really participate.

by Anonymousreply 202May 7, 2019 4:32 AM

I actually prefer Ross over Carson, so I've enjoyed less Carson this season.

by Anonymousreply 203May 7, 2019 12:02 PM

R186 Is it really an insult to call someone a typical millennial when the ENTIRE cast is made up of millennials? Aside from Nina and Suga.

by Anonymousreply 204May 8, 2019 4:15 AM

This clip made me happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 8, 2019 5:53 PM

Holy shit, Ru has a bunch of fillers in.

by Anonymousreply 206May 8, 2019 10:17 PM

BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 207May 10, 2019 2:30 AM

Worst Top 5 ever

by Anonymousreply 208May 10, 2019 2:31 AM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 209May 10, 2019 2:31 AM

That lip synch was not good from either one of them. After Silky hyping up her lip sync skills all season long, she showed that was bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 210May 10, 2019 2:35 AM

Good, the lumbering, try-hard wildebeest is gone.

by Anonymousreply 211May 10, 2019 2:38 AM

R211 Silky went? Thank fuck, it was just getting too hard to watch

by Anonymousreply 212May 10, 2019 2:40 AM

Silky was an absolute mess. Miscarriage of Justice. The past two weeks we've seen the more "boring" queen go home for the sake of tge storyline. Last week was particularly egregious, as Shuga did nothing wrong that particular week but still got the boot. Note that when asked who should go nobody said Nina, however that's indicative of how divided it is between Silky and Yvie which is what protects them until the final.

by Anonymousreply 213May 10, 2019 2:40 AM

Time to sit back and enjoy the salt!

by Anonymousreply 214May 10, 2019 2:40 AM

A'Keria is so shady LOL

by Anonymousreply 215May 10, 2019 2:41 AM

Vanjie should of had her redemption win tonight.. odd how that's the one thing the producers decided not to force

by Anonymousreply 216May 10, 2019 2:43 AM

I was very surprised they didn't give Vanjie the win and instead give Brooklyn another one.

[quote]The past two weeks we've seen the more "boring" queen go home for the sake of tge storyline.

It's pretty obvious they have already picked out their final four. Brooklyn, Akeria, Yvie and Silky. The decisions made in the last two weeks have been pushing towards this outcome.

Vanjie is obviously gone next week, they refused to even give her a win this week.

by Anonymousreply 217May 10, 2019 2:47 AM

Nina wasn't great (A'Keria's read about her white-girl dancing was accurate) ... but Silky was sloppy af: barely knew the words, came busting out of her clothes, and did a "wig reveal" with a shake-and-go bundle of weave underneath. RIGGA MORRIS.

by Anonymousreply 218May 10, 2019 2:48 AM

^ Forgot to add: rolled around on the stage like a warthog

by Anonymousreply 219May 10, 2019 2:49 AM

Honestly that lip synch could have resulted in a double sashay, especially this late in the game you just expect more.

Though I don't think people need to be worried about Silky taking the crown, she's not winning the lip synch tournament. Yvie or Brook are gonna eat her alive.

by Anonymousreply 220May 10, 2019 2:51 AM

Ru was right on with the lip sync critique: meh.

But the wrong queen went home.

by Anonymousreply 221May 10, 2019 2:53 AM

Vanjie's mom is gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 222May 10, 2019 2:54 AM

Silky's makeup job on poor Soju was a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 223May 10, 2019 2:57 AM

Shocked at Nina's performance I have seen her live and she is a much better lip syncer.

by Anonymousreply 224May 10, 2019 3:04 AM

I imagine she's better with campy Broadway-type stuff. "Scrubs" was not her forte. LOL

by Anonymousreply 225May 10, 2019 3:08 AM

Silky is the most raggedy drag queen ever.

by Anonymousreply 226May 10, 2019 3:11 AM

No Scrubs isn’t exactly New Attitude or So Emotional when it comes to exciting lip sync potential.

I expected Vangie’s mom to sound like Fred Sanford.

by Anonymousreply 227May 10, 2019 3:13 AM

R225 that was the main thing against her. I couldn't have helped thinking while it was happening that had it been a white type singer like Britney instead roles would have been reversed. They practically gave it to Silky and she still was a failure.

by Anonymousreply 228May 10, 2019 3:14 AM

Wtf - Silky was sloppy as fuck. Nina didn't really dance but at least she knew the words or have her outfit fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 229May 10, 2019 3:31 AM

That was a bad lip sync. They both seemed lifeless. Silky did actually manage a split but could barely get up from it. Nina's outfit was bright and sparkly but not especially fashionable or compelling. You did well anyway, Nina.

by Anonymousreply 230May 10, 2019 3:35 AM

I love Nina, but expected much more from her in a lip sync. If this was earlier in the season, it would have been a double elimination. Silky is all talk. She talks about being this great lip syncer and then does this, she talks about how nice she is but is a shady bitch. She's a good reality TV personality, but not a good drag queen.

I am stunned Vangie is in the contest longer then Nina. If she wasn't winning tonight, I don't know why they didn't come up with a reason for her to lip sync like Shug.

A'keria is a such a pot stirrer and in the real shady bitch of the season. She eavesdrops on everyone and when she can create the most drama she asks questions to instigate the other contestants so they are fighting each other.

by Anonymousreply 231May 10, 2019 3:41 AM

Nina may have been stiff in the lip-sync, but Silky was rambling over the floor, flopping around in parts. How she won the lip-sync is beyond me. Factor in the quality of the outfits and makeup, Nina and Shula were miles ahead of Silky and Soju. Flummoxed. That’s what I am.

See you at Bat-N-Rouge, Nina. It’s always a treat.

by Anonymousreply 232May 10, 2019 3:53 AM

Stinky Garbage SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT PACKING. Her look was beat, raggedy and tired. The makeup job she scrawled on.Soju's face was tragic. Nina's outfit was pure Party City and her dancing was an embarrassment to behold. Stinky threw her slug like body around like a pig slippen butter. Terrible. Why does Nina's facial expressions always look like she realized she just bit into a live June Bug ? RuPaul should have sent them both home.

by Anonymousreply 233May 10, 2019 3:55 AM

Silky is a sloppy unfunny piece of shit. It looked like she didn't even know the damn lyrics. And I think she'll win this season because she is big and black.

by Anonymousreply 234May 10, 2019 3:56 AM

[Quote]And I think she'll win this season because she is big and black

Ru has never actually crowned a fat girl and the vast majority of winners have not been black. Why do you think that is a ticket to win?

by Anonymousreply 235May 10, 2019 3:59 AM

That is exactly why she will win. She is getting the hero edit now.

by Anonymousreply 236May 10, 2019 4:01 AM

Calm down. Silky is not going to win. They need another week of ratings.

by Anonymousreply 237May 10, 2019 4:03 AM

What good edit is Silky getting...? She got a "meh" to her lip synch and made to look like a fool (deservedly). That is not a good edit.

by Anonymousreply 238May 10, 2019 4:05 AM

Silky should have been sent home last week. I don't feel like watching because Silky is always there.

by Anonymousreply 239May 10, 2019 4:18 AM

Even the “drama” about Ariel’s wigs was boring

by Anonymousreply 240May 10, 2019 4:21 AM

And yet Yvie gets a pass for wearing shredded jeans and wearing blue lipstick. A mess.

by Anonymousreply 241May 10, 2019 4:24 AM

Not happy, but not surprised that Nina got sent home. Last week I wrote back in R128 that I'm expecting Silky and Vanjie in the top 4, and that hasn't changed. Wouldn't be shocked if Akeria is sacrificed next week for their sake.

LOL at the 3 that didn't get the invite back. No one really missed any of them, did they?

Also LOL at how DL's current favorite black lesbian was a guest judge for this episode, just a few days after the Met gala and her "inventend camp" jacket.

Anyone on Twitter complain yet that Ru sent home the girl who put her makeover queen in a costume representing the Trans flag?

by Anonymousreply 242May 10, 2019 5:25 AM

Scrubs was the song they chose? It was Nina and Silky so Bette Midler's Fat as I Am was the obvious choice.

Very surprised by the outcome. NINA WON LAST WEEK! When Nina and Silky were in the bottom I got excited thinking Silky would go home. I have to face the fact that Drag Race is now mostly a reality show, not a competition. The producers send home more talented queens and keep queens that are good television.

Did you see the look on Vanjie's face when she didn't win? Can't believe they gave Hytes another win. Now she has 3 and Vanjie none.

I don't hate Silky by any means like some but do not see the superstar potential the show keeps pushing.

Can't wait for Dragula season 3. Still no release date. Damn those brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 10, 2019 6:40 AM

My biggest problem with All Stars is the way someone like Manilla could dominate the competition, have one off day and get immediately picked off. I understand, them's the rules, but it practically encourages mid-level performances lest you dominate too much and get sent home for it. I prefer regular rules as ideally they take performance into account in generally, so ideally a queen who has been doing great overall would be given credit for past good conduct if up against someone objectively worse than her.

The past few episodes though have been a direct repudiation of this. Last week the problem was Shuga being in the bottom despite being on the winning team and doing a fine job on it. Being in the bottom the way I understand it is foremost punishment for poor performance that week. Argueably Shuga was the weakest overall and belong in the bottom on the whole, but i think it is a betrayal of the system on the whole to put someone in the bottom because on average they might be a little worse than others but had a good week. There's no way you can argue Shuga even belonged in the bottom based on last week's performance.

In this week's case, not only did a rather clear winner not get it for whatever reason, but the clear lipsync loser won. Nina arguably belonged in the bottom, though the fellow queens specifically called out Silky and Yvie for that. Now this is because they are much more polarizing figures than Nina, but I think a Silky-Yvie was in order with Silky going home. Nina is the most talented queen by a long shot, and while her lip sync performance wasn't great, it was not suited to her talents. That's not to say she deserved to win because it wasn't her type of song, but Silky's lipsynch was an off-the-rails disaster. The whole idea of lipsynch for your life implies it is your last chance to save yourself. That doesn't mean there are no other considerations, I think performance that week and talent on a whole should factor in, not just 100% who did the best lip sync, but by no measure can Silky be considered better than Nina- not in runway performance, not in ability to take critique and step it up, not in general maxi performance- in fact Nina just won the week before, and not in that lipsynch. By no measurement should Silky have won except in being a bigger personality queen (for good or ill, and in my opinion ill) and that's the drama they wanted. If that's the case though, don't pretend any of this is about talent.

by Anonymousreply 244May 10, 2019 7:51 AM

That has to go on record as the worst ever lipsych for your life. They were both awful. At least Nina's outfit stayed together, but it should have been a double sashy just because it was so dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 245May 10, 2019 11:03 AM

Untucked really showed Brooke Lynns fakeness that we always knew was there

by Anonymousreply 246May 10, 2019 11:09 AM

I see Soju was back at Roscoe's, drunk and messy and screaming into the mic again. Her, Vanjie, and especially Ariel talked so much that Trinity barely got a word in.

by Anonymousreply 247May 10, 2019 11:21 AM

R242 There's already a whole thread about it on Reddit, predictably

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 10, 2019 11:24 AM

53:55

M-E-S-S-Y

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 10, 2019 11:25 AM

The high drama of "who do You think should go home?" Are the answers really about the looks? Ok, I got all Nate Silver on this. If Yvie and Silky cancel each other out, the only other top 6 queen to vote Silky was Brook Lynn. (R246 = Silky). Duh, they're afraid of Silky and/or see Yvie as a threat or wanted to ding her for all her 'advice'. Yvie's looks were eccentric a little rough but I liked them. If you included the returning queens the vote was 4-Yvie, 6-Silky. The returning queens think Silky is a mess or can't believe she's top 6 and weren't afraid to call it.

by Anonymousreply 250May 10, 2019 11:40 AM

I don't care about silky Lol. I just thought the crocodile tears were cringe and the whole 'i get on with you better than Yvie' was a really unnecessary thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 251May 10, 2019 12:30 PM

I don't think Pose is the best show for gay representation. Everyone on the show is a sugar baby, prostitute, or slut. If the T community wants to be known as prostitutes, they can leave the rest of the alphabet soup out of it.

by Anonymousreply 252May 10, 2019 12:49 PM

This thread from RPDRDrama claims Soju is know around Chicago as a sex pest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 10, 2019 12:52 PM

Silky & Nina double elimination. The producers are keeping Silky because she drama. Vanjie should go next.

by Anonymousreply 254May 10, 2019 1:12 PM

I'm ready to lip synch....I don't care.....let me lip synch....bring it on....I can do it....I will slay in the lip synch.....

And then....climbing the walls, not knowing the lyrics, rolling around on the floor, and a sloppy split that she can;'t get up from....

LOL Silky Nutsack.....you need to go! Nina was robbed....although she was no prize either.

by Anonymousreply 255May 10, 2019 1:43 PM

I think Nina didn't think she was lipsyncing? LIke i said I have seen her live she is good. She can move. But Silky....I mean that was a disaster. She tripped and fell on her own costume. Umm that sent Farrah Moan home alone. Add to that she did not know the words, could not get up from a split and looked like she was 2 seconds from a full myocardial infraction....I equate it to the election. You look at it and still to this day go "how the fuck did he win?"

by Anonymousreply 256May 10, 2019 2:00 PM

I think Ru/the producers kept Silky for TV value too.

by Anonymousreply 257May 10, 2019 2:23 PM

[quote]I don't hate Silky by any means like some but do not see the superstar potential the show keeps pushing.

I don't see this at all. I like Silky and thinks she funny, but I have clearly missed the scenes where they have been pushing her as a superstar. They've essentially shown that Silky is funny when she's being Silky but she can't do anything else, except be Silky. The same with Vanjie. Silky and Vanjie have both survived this long because they are good TV, they aren't going to win anything. Silky and Vanjie make Rue laugh, that is all they have going for them, but that won't get them the crown.

And I love Nina, but there was no way she was going to get anywhere near that crown either. She's a big girl and she decided to hold back on the show.

by Anonymousreply 258May 10, 2019 2:38 PM

I know everyone loves Nina - and myself included. She’s a shoo-in for Ms Congeniality- but honey, her looks were awful week in and week out. And the look last night was one of the worst. Were those rainbow workout shorts she had on last night??

by Anonymousreply 259May 10, 2019 2:41 PM

I agree about Nina's look. Absolutely Dreadful. Pure clown.

by Anonymousreply 260May 10, 2019 2:43 PM

[Quote] She’s a shoo-in for Ms Congeniality

agree!

by Anonymousreply 261May 10, 2019 2:48 PM

[quote]Were those rainbow workout shorts she had on last night?

Michelle clocked them as bike shorts.

by Anonymousreply 262May 10, 2019 3:45 PM

Brooke Lynn is obviously going to win, though I would love a surprise A'Keria crowning. In the "I liked her but can't stand her now category" I award to Yvie Oddball. She's a wreck of passive aggressive insincerity, has a scary temperament and her drag is just ugly.

I agree with R258 about Silky and Vanjie. They won't be winning. It's been a terrible season, but at least those two make me laugh.

Brooke is such a fake bitch. But what a body and for a homely dude he makes a gorgeous woman. You know it's a bad season when Detox never won anything TWICE and Brooke Lynn is your new drag superstar?

by Anonymousreply 263May 10, 2019 3:52 PM

Dextox didn't win because there were better queens. Ru likes a little cunty but not that MUCH.

by Anonymousreply 264May 10, 2019 3:58 PM

In the slap mini challenge Yvie's anger was coming through. Why is Brooke fake? What does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 265May 10, 2019 4:07 PM

A gorgeous woman? Certainly not in mid shots or close ups...

by Anonymousreply 266May 10, 2019 4:08 PM

I agree that Silky is not getting a good/sympathetic edit. The back and forth with Ru over the lumpy pads... hilarious.

I wonder why they exposed her so much in the lipsync edit, though. It makes the show look bad to keep her after that.

by Anonymousreply 267May 10, 2019 4:11 PM

Brooke doesn't own her opinions outside of talking heads. She tries to have it both ways, backtracks etc. Hence: fake.

They didn't show footage of BLH telling Silky that she liked her disco runway look, but if true, that's an example of being fake.

I'm not anti Brooke, though. The fans would make anyone a nervous wreck.

I loved how Scarlet didn't backtrack when confronted while being made up by Yvie.

by Anonymousreply 268May 10, 2019 4:16 PM

In last night's Untucked, Brooke pussied out of telling Ru that Silky needed to go home by telling Silky that she liked her more than Yvie.

by Anonymousreply 269May 10, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]I loved how Scarlet didn't backtrack when confronted while being made up by Yvie.

I love that A'Keria isn't afraid to stir the turd. LOL

by Anonymousreply 270May 10, 2019 4:23 PM

R269 Or maybe Brooke is just sticking to her polite Canadian ways.

by Anonymousreply 271May 10, 2019 4:25 PM

Vanjie's mom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 10, 2019 4:27 PM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273May 10, 2019 4:27 PM

Yeah, R271, I don't think she's a bad person, just overly concerned about not being liked.

by Anonymousreply 274May 10, 2019 4:28 PM

Is Vanjie's mom Asian?

by Anonymousreply 275May 10, 2019 5:25 PM

R271, How is it polite to say what she said to Silky when Yvie is right there? BLH made it far worse by saying that.

by Anonymousreply 276May 10, 2019 5:29 PM

I fell asleep during the judges panel (boring episode) and woke up to Silky's speech on the runway, I thought she was the one sent home so I shut it off and went to bad. I'm surprised to learn that Nina was the one eliminated!! 😯

by Anonymousreply 277May 10, 2019 6:09 PM

Let’s talk about Roscoe’s ratchet audience.

I have never seen such and inhospitable and trashy audience. So immature and classless.

Chicago is a top 5 city, which means that statistically, they should have had at least 3 winners of DR or AS by now.

They have ZERO.

So they can drop the pretense have a some respect for their guests.

Roscoes is NOT the Apollo.

by Anonymousreply 278May 10, 2019 6:16 PM

Silk should have been eliminated a few time already, but how can Ru possibly keep her to the very end, giving one more attempt - and another - to fail again. It seems week after week it's sloppy looks and poor performances (and, sorry, I don't get Silk's "personality" either when she's in the workroom or when she's doing a challenge). I worry that the win will be to the detriment of the other queens who have already shown outstanding merit, if Silky should pull out some look/performance far above her usual standard. "Sorry, Brooke. I know you've score high throughout the entire season but WOW! look at Silky's ensemble!")

by Anonymousreply 279May 10, 2019 6:47 PM

All of you are obviously overlooking the fact that this week Nutsack was the only one who made bofflookth that the teams wore.....

by Anonymousreply 280May 10, 2019 7:12 PM

This is what I expected Vanjie's mother to look like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 10, 2019 7:32 PM

Why are they repeating queens in the same cycle at Roscoe's? We don't need Trinity twice in almost as many weeks.

by Anonymousreply 282May 10, 2019 7:48 PM

After Shuga's elimination last week, and Nina's this week, I am done watching the show. Silky should have gone home both weeks. I believe a consistent body of good work trumps (sorry...) one outstanding performance. Will drag queens want to work with Shuga and Nina in the future? I think "Yes". Will they want to work with Silky? I don't think so. Unless I an corrected by evidence on both counts, it's what I believe.

by Anonymousreply 283May 10, 2019 10:54 PM

A theory being floated on the RPDR subreddit is that production is unfairly eliminating great queens in order to ensure a deep bench for the next All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 284May 10, 2019 10:59 PM

OMFG!!!!! "RIGHT!!!!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 10, 2019 11:18 PM

I'd rather just watch a good season and screw all-stars. All-stars always has an afterthought vibe about it.

All Stars didn't exist when they let that nasty snatch Tyra Sanchez win the show.

by Anonymousreply 286May 10, 2019 11:34 PM

Is anyone not enthused at the thought of seeing Nina go straight to All Stars? Maybe in a couple of years... but I don't think her main issue her runway. She's a bit of a needy, self-victimising type. I'm not hungry for more of that.

by Anonymousreply 287May 10, 2019 11:37 PM

I like Nina, but it's charisma, uniqueness nerve and talent and she lacks nerve.

by Anonymousreply 288May 10, 2019 11:43 PM

I have zero interest in All-Stars in general after AS3 and (especially) AS4. Would rather watch a Trump rally live stream.

by Anonymousreply 289May 10, 2019 11:45 PM

Yea the winners of all stars are even more ridiculous. Trixie Matel (don't hate her but the pandering to the genderqueer girls who watch the show - sad)

And then the mess with not being able to let Trinity win over Monet because there were "too many white winners" was even worse.

Done with All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 290May 10, 2019 11:47 PM

Nina's fine. I think her problem is wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 291May 11, 2019 1:10 AM

Trainwreck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 11, 2019 1:18 AM

That's "Star Quality" r292

by Anonymousreply 293May 11, 2019 1:19 AM

Is there a thread where they're tearing her apart on reddit? It's such a mess of annoying queens and girls who only speak in memes and quotes from former seasons, I don't really read that sub at all. And the whole hivemind thing is violent. If you say 1 wrong word, 10 seconds later you have -500 votes.

by Anonymousreply 294May 11, 2019 1:21 AM

Trinity didn't deserve to win. Til this day no one talks about Trinity.

by Anonymousreply 295May 11, 2019 1:21 AM

The show didn't try to pretend Silky's lip synch was good, Ru made his opinion clear.

But I get that doesn't fit the narrative. I mean both Nina and Silky were bad, really it should have been a double sashay but it's too late in the season for that.

by Anonymousreply 296May 11, 2019 1:21 AM

Ru was really trying to get through to Silky in advance of the challenge on what her plan was.

by Anonymousreply 297May 11, 2019 1:23 AM

R293, we're talking about her, ain't we?

by Anonymousreply 298May 11, 2019 1:23 AM

r294 They've been tearing her apart in every thread since last night, so there's no dedicated "hate" thread, which would be removed anyway as it's against the rules. You can imagine how nasty a thread like that would get.

by Anonymousreply 299May 11, 2019 1:24 AM

Couldn't they cut the finalists down to a Top 2 to make up for the double sashay away? That is, add a third place elomination episode. The final lipsyncs could be a best of three.

by Anonymousreply 300May 11, 2019 1:26 AM

Best of three? No one wants to see the same two queens lip synch three times in a row.

If you are going to have the lip synch finale format they've been doing, you need four.

by Anonymousreply 301May 11, 2019 1:29 AM

They could do a hybrid. A couple of solo performances (with dancers etc.) and then a lipsync showdown.

by Anonymousreply 302May 11, 2019 1:32 AM

It's not that I don't like big, Black queens but Silky is a delusional, arrogant mess. Latrice Royale in her original season was 10 times the performer Silky is and 100 times more likeable.

by Anonymousreply 303May 11, 2019 1:52 AM

How big do you think Vanjie's penis is?

by Anonymousreply 304May 11, 2019 2:20 AM

Shangela should’ve won S3 and Nanika should’ve won S4 w Trinity in second place. Guess you can argue BenDeLa should’ve won S3 as well.

by Anonymousreply 305May 11, 2019 2:31 AM

I wouldn't be upset if BLH or Akeeria won, but they are just blah to me. Two under the radar queens with nothing that makes them stand out. Ru likes messy queens to laugh at, she doesn't give them a crown. I'm surprised so many people think that the show is being slanted to give Silky the win. Silky gets focus, because she doesn't have a filter. Nina was my favorite, but that bitch got pulled through this competition because she was likeable. She was the opposite of Silky, she had a filter and it made her boring to watch.

I'm thinking Silky was kept this week, because next week it will be a Silky versus Yvie lip sync and Yvie will send her home. Thus the huge finale of the Silky versus Yvie war. I still think Yvie is going all the way.

by Anonymousreply 306May 11, 2019 2:32 AM

Vanjie will go next, imo.

by Anonymousreply 307May 11, 2019 2:34 AM

BLH is a professional dancer...people build careers on that one talent alone. I think Drag Race can use another dancer.

by Anonymousreply 308May 11, 2019 2:38 AM

I'd like Hugo to be my private dancer.

by Anonymousreply 309May 11, 2019 2:40 AM

Silky is the funniest queen they've ever had on the show. I laugh until I cry every episode.

Yvie, on the other hand, makes this season a chore to watch. She is so toxic and unlikable that I don't know why Ru hasn't axed her yet.

by Anonymousreply 310May 11, 2019 2:53 AM

Being 'unlikable' isn't a reason to eliminate someone. Being funny for being obese isn't a reason to keep someone.

by Anonymousreply 311May 11, 2019 2:57 AM

Sure it is. Why would Ru pick a nasty queen to be the winner? It would ruin the whole season. But seeing how Ru favors anorexic and surly queens, he'll probably pick Yvie as the winner.

by Anonymousreply 312May 11, 2019 3:03 AM

So... you're predicting Yvie to win then? Great!

by Anonymousreply 313May 11, 2019 3:06 AM

[Quote] Why would Ru pick a nasty queen to be the winner?

Yes! Ask, Manila, Delta, Detox, Morgan, Raven, Carmen, Mimi, Phi Phi, Roxxxy, Gia, Acid and Vixen. They know.

by Anonymousreply 314May 11, 2019 3:45 AM

Her name was Tyra Sanchez. R312

by Anonymousreply 315May 11, 2019 3:48 AM

Manila is not nasty. Uh, uh. Raja was and is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 316May 11, 2019 5:25 AM

r295 - uh did you miss the massive fan reaction on every social media platform when Ru copped out and choosing two winners at the end? Monet (aka Bob The Drag Queen - Lite) didn't deserve to win, but they couldn't let another white person win & everyone knows that. Sorry that triggered you, kween. Trinity has 958,000 instagram followers to Monet's 744,000 - so who is talked about more do ya think?

Are you trying to say Manila or Latrice should've won AS4? That's a different point, altogether from what I said about Ru copping out to the race issue.

by Anonymousreply 317May 11, 2019 5:41 AM

I cannot stand Monet XChange. One of my two least favorite winners ever. (Tyra is NOT the other one) Monet thinks she deserved the SOLO win too. WTF? At least Trixie has the good sense to make fun of her underserved win over Shangela on AS3. Trixie just said last week that she would never return to compete on Drag Race again, she thinks she sucked at it. Not surprisingly, Jinkx and Bob want to be part of an all winner's season. They loved being on the show.

by Anonymousreply 318May 11, 2019 5:52 AM

Everyone knows Manila Luzon is the unofficial winner of AS4 much like Shangela for AS3

by Anonymousreply 319May 11, 2019 5:58 AM

No Scrubs is a terrible lip sync song. It's repetitive and mellow, and not nearly as sassy as TLC made it seem in their chill video for it.

Nobody could slay a lip sync to that song.

by Anonymousreply 320May 11, 2019 8:23 AM

Mediocre drag queens competing for the title after 11 years.

by Anonymousreply 321May 11, 2019 11:37 AM

Silky has been quiet on social media since the episode aired.

by Anonymousreply 322May 11, 2019 12:36 PM

Monet has gotten more high profile gigs than Trinity since the win - e.g. the commercial with Cardi B.

by Anonymousreply 323May 11, 2019 1:28 PM

The Pit Stop S11 Episode 11: Derrick Barry on the Queens’ Return

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324May 11, 2019 3:09 PM

[Quote] Manila is not nasty.

Sure Manila.

by Anonymousreply 325May 11, 2019 4:11 PM

New tits - first look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 11, 2019 4:13 PM

By the way, I thought her cleavage was just outrageous in the latest episode. She's usually more tasteful with them than that, so I don't know what happened there. I'm glad she got them reduced.

by Anonymousreply 327May 11, 2019 4:14 PM

She's completely exposed her breasts on one episode. Lifted up her sweater and flashed. One thing Michelle Visage isn't, is tasteful. She does look quite beautiful lately. Great hair and skin and really pretty eyes. The makeup is on fleek of course. Her exit interview with Nina was a bit interesting, because Michelle said she had known Nina for years, but had to go hard on her on the big stage of Drag Race. I don't get what Michelle's expertise is, but I know what it's supposed to be. She's a lucky bitch to have fallen in the hallucinogens of being RuPaul's Best Friend. She clearly loves drag and drag queens, but she adopts a level of superior knowledge that her critiques don't quite measure up to. She just seems like a contrary bitch who does Ru's dirty work of undermining certain queens they want to get rid of.

R324. Derrick Berry and Manila are such a delight to watch (AND listen to) in contrast to Season 11's broken pageant queens. Tonight The Werq the World tour plays Wembley Stadium!!! The largest Drag Show event in History. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 328May 11, 2019 5:09 PM

Of course the RPDR subreddit would have a “theory” that they’re eliminating quality queens for a deeper All Stars bench. They already proved they have zero taste in drag and are delusional enough to believe that the only reason vacant Shuga and needy Nina were eliminated was to have a huge comeback on All Stars. They were the next to go, simple as that. Everyone else offered something to keep viewers watching, whether it’s The Silky Show or Vanjie’s Alyssaisms.

They trash Silky so bad on that sub. But if she lost two hundred pounds and acted like a victim all the time, they would. Eat. Her. Up.

by Anonymousreply 329May 11, 2019 5:10 PM

Apparently after her elimination, Nina had a meltdown and was found cowering in a women’s dorm.

by Anonymousreply 330May 11, 2019 5:27 PM

Vangie was robbed. I've noticed on this and other reality talent shows that the also rans will often eclipse the winners in careers. Ben DeLa was smart to eliminate himself, so he's not as obligated to do WoW tours, youtube videos and give a percentage of his bookings to WoW, as the winner has.

Uh oh.....Yvie is on the roster for next week's Roscoe viewing. Also Pangina Heels, a fierce queen and merciless judge on Drag Race: Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 331May 11, 2019 5:40 PM

That's exactly what Bendela did. The top 5 are contractually obligated to do the tours and appear in WoW crap. Bendela had refused to return for All Stars Two and was quite vocal about it. So she came to All Stars 3 with a plan, or maybe an agreement?

Trixie just revealed that she and Katya were paid literally nothing for their UHN series when it was first on WoW. They did it for free. I don't like Trixie as a drag queen but he's more a character than a drag queen. New documentary, make-up line, legitimately successful music career and he's already rich as fuck. Miss Martel will end up being more successful than all of them. He drops in and out of Drag Race guest gigs and The Hater's Roasts as he pleases. But nobody wants to watch that freak do his Ariana Grande or Dolly Parton lips syncs on stage. He knows who his audience is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 11, 2019 6:05 PM

I agree, Trixie’s lip syncs are basic as fuck. But her career is doing well and deservedly so. I think she’s starting to fill the slot Kathy Griffin left when she decided to befriend her targets and talk about the RHOC for ten years before it all fell apart. She’s funny and winning in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 333May 11, 2019 6:21 PM

I think Honey Davenport also got sent home on purpose. Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 334May 11, 2019 6:21 PM

Isn't that the way it was with American Idol. The production pretty muched own the top 5 contestants for like 10 years or something? I'm sure the steady work is fine for some queens, but others with loyal followings in their cities probably hate it.

If Monet needs to believe that she was the true winner and that Trinity was an afterthought, then more power to her. Whatever gets you through the night. Monet is only the winner because this show's fandom has completely lost it's mind. Drag was always subversive and anything but PC, but we're dealing with a world where everyone gets a trophy whether they deserve it or not.

by Anonymousreply 335May 11, 2019 6:27 PM

No, Honey Davenport got sent home because she jumped off the stage during the lip sync and turned it into a weepy, pity-party tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 336May 11, 2019 6:28 PM

Monet can keep spouting all the delusional shit she wants. The idiotic fanbase and hivemind can fake stan her all they want. The truth is in the numbers. Let’s see how many people pay to see her show and venues book her. Clubs always book the “fan favorite” queens they see written about on Reddit and lose money. Ask any booker who paid for Asia O’Hara, Dusty Ray Bottoms, or any of the other low ranking queens that twelve year old girls pretend to like for some weird contrarian credibility.

by Anonymousreply 337May 11, 2019 6:33 PM

Asia O'Hara is doing just fine. About to take the stage at Wembley Arena right about now. None of the black queens but Bob (maybe Shangela) have the number of followers as less talented white queens. Asia is travelling the world, her instagrams posts are works of art and she's bringing the glamor and great performances. She's not the queen to cry over, just cuz her butterflies died. So Aquaria went to the Met Gala? She's a mean young bitch without talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 11, 2019 7:01 PM

This is why this show's fanbase is so strange to me. They're all woke and demand equality, yet they stan the most mediocre white queens. It's like the group is at war with itself.

Let's make a list of the black queens who have made the most impact on this show and have huge followings:

1. Shangela

2. Latrice

Any other?

by Anonymousreply 339May 11, 2019 7:18 PM

Just watched this week's episode as well as Untucked and besides everything already mentioned, once again it seemed as if Silky was oblivious and/or delusional about a few things. It was almost laughable when she went her tirade about how she had been so nice to all of the other girls, how she helped them as much as they helped her. I must have missed all of those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 340May 11, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote]It's like the group is at war with itself.

Of course they are. It also became apparent earlier in the season with another issue - these are people that will identify as trans, genderqueer, genderfluid, whatthefuckever, yet they were tripping all over themselves to verbally fellate Joel McHale because he was so "masc".

by Anonymousreply 341May 11, 2019 7:26 PM

R399, to be fair, they stan a lot of mediocre black queens too.

by Anonymousreply 342May 11, 2019 7:35 PM

Silky was a hot mess this week. That lip synch alone was embar-ass-ing. Ru should have sent her home LAST week.

by Anonymousreply 343May 11, 2019 7:38 PM

Never mind who the children stan or why the popular queens all have to watch their language and walk with children at Meet and Greets.

Never turn down a chance to see Kennedy Davenport in a fucking BAR! She is the greatest old school drag queen Drag Queen. Flawless, mesmerizing, diva glam, not young AND totally dedicated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 11, 2019 7:49 PM

You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 11, 2019 7:56 PM

The antidote. Kennedy and Chi Chi got passports too. It's raining men down under.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 11, 2019 8:00 PM

Kennedy is a talented queen but that unpleasant, nasty, and mildly brain dead persona she showed on the show isn’t doing her any favors. That’s the double edged sword of drag stardom today. Your personality as a boy either helps or hurts your brand.

It sucks but I definitely don’t have any sympathy for the queens who acted like assholes during their seasons and now pretend to be a victim because people didn’t like them. It’s been ten years now — you should know better.

by Anonymousreply 347May 11, 2019 8:08 PM

'I must have missed all of those scenes.' R340 I'm not in the least bit a fan of Silky- but you do realise this is a heavily edited reality show, right?

by Anonymousreply 348May 11, 2019 8:10 PM

Yvie has a serious personality disorder. She tries to bring down everyone around her, either because she feels down and wants everyone else to feel her pain, or because she's not getting enough attention. And if you try to call her out for it, she turns it around to try and make you the bad guy. She thinks she's the only one who can "keep it real." No, you're just a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 349May 11, 2019 8:19 PM

I hate that. And I hate that she tries to use the “I’m an outsider and weirdo!” excuse like she’s just misunderstood. No, she’s a toxic, abusive, piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 350May 11, 2019 8:25 PM

Nonsense. Yvie stays on topic - the competition. Unlike Silky. Unlike BLH in the last Untucked. The worst Yvie said was that Silky is "talentless", though she apologised. I wonder if she regretted apologising after seeing Silky lipsync...

by Anonymousreply 351May 11, 2019 9:03 PM

The competition isn’t a topic. In fact, it’s none of her business. She can bitch and moan all she wants, but in the end, none of it matters because she’s not some honorary judge. Maybe if she applied some of her “suggestions” to herself, the last few weeks wouldn’t have been such an abject failure. She had to let her shittiest opinions be known and in turn, lost the goodwill she was building up with fans.

I don’t know anybody who would spend a dime on seeing Yvie “WAH WAH” Oddly live.

by Anonymousreply 352May 11, 2019 9:22 PM

I hate Yvie more and more as the weeks go by. She is a passive aggressive millennial who thinks her medical condition and busted "odd" drag qualify her as a great drag queen. Nope. She is not a team player and you can see from this week's episodes the other queens hate her, too. Her performance on the magic episode showed she can't ad lib or be funny, which I believe is a pre-requisite for any good queen. And she cried foul just because the challenge wasn't tailor made for her talent. She also SUCKED on Snatch Game. A lifeless angry performance. If this is the "future of drag," the art form is dying.

The producers however have been angling for a top four of Silky, Akeria, Brooke and Yvie for weeks. Vangie shoud have gone home weeks ago. Akeria is boring and bland. Silky is a disgusting mess (and why do you think she was never in the bottom two until now? Because her lip sync skills are non-existant and thus no one in their right mind would keep her until the top four). Brooke Lynn will win by default. She can lipsync, dance, turn a glamorous look (Ru kind of insists on this for winners), and she has improved her acting skills. I don't really see anyone else even coming close unless they try to redeem Yvie (too late in my mind). The judges have slobbered all over her tho.

by Anonymousreply 353May 11, 2019 9:31 PM

More nonsense. When they retire to the sofa after the eliminatiom, they are there to talk abour what happened - that includes critiques. Yvie reiterates what tbe judges have said. How controversial. The cameras are still rolling. The girls are still at work. Yvie is not wrong for not indulging any delicate flower foolery.

by Anonymousreply 354May 11, 2019 9:31 PM

r553, I think the exceptions were Sharon and Alaska for the glamour. But post RPDG, both have stepped up their glamour game.

by Anonymousreply 355May 11, 2019 9:35 PM

Alaska was glamorous by the time she won All Stars 2. It was Jinkx who wasn't glamorous, or even attractive. Today Jinkx only wears custom designer drag and she has a makeup artist and dresser for all her drag appearances. That's why she looks better. She's a smart one - still one of the most talented winners ever. Sharon Needles sold out (and went off the rails) the moment she won. She didn't just elevate her look. She wanted to be "pretty." And had a lot of very bad work done. Sharon bitches all the time that she doesn't make the money the other girls do. She's not too well liked or reliable. No longer young and still a mess - best friends with Amanda LePore and always has a new husband/manager.

by Anonymousreply 356May 11, 2019 9:59 PM

R344 All I saw was 7 minutes and 4 seconds of Kennedy walking around collecting tips with some lip syncing here interspersed here and there. What’s all the fuss about?

by Anonymousreply 357May 11, 2019 10:00 PM

Gee you're dumb R357. You must be one defending Yvie. You've never been to an actual drag show have you?

by Anonymousreply 358May 11, 2019 10:03 PM

R356 Sharon killed her career when she double downed on using 'nigger', she only has herself to blame

by Anonymousreply 359May 11, 2019 10:03 PM

R358 I’ve been to many drag shows and that video you posted was a pretty lacklustre performance. You can stop foaming at the mouth now.

by Anonymousreply 360May 11, 2019 10:05 PM

Perhaps one of the most iconic looks Kennedy Davenport ever served...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 11, 2019 10:09 PM

Yes, but Jinx got FAT.

Michelle looks great without the dirty pillow inserts. She looked like Elvira's ratchet cousin this past show.

by Anonymousreply 362May 11, 2019 10:11 PM

The weird thing about Jinkx is that the weight gain seems more authentic to her drag character.

by Anonymousreply 363May 11, 2019 10:23 PM

r363 Agreed 100%. I love fat Jinx, especially when she really tightens up that shatner so it give her a glass figure. I thought she looked just amazing in her Snatch Game episode appearance. And no double chin to be seen anywhere either.

by Anonymousreply 364May 11, 2019 10:28 PM

I don't understand the theory that they are sending good queens home for a "deep All-Stars bench". Huh? Isn't the definition of an all-star someone who did very well, usually near the top but just didn't win. How does getting home earlier than they deserve a way of setting people up for All Stars? Wouldn't being lower in the standings less of a reason to be an All-Star, not more? Or is it leaving them aching for more and more prone to come back for AS compared to a finalist? Still, tons of top talent like Alyssa and Alaska came back for All Stars, I don't understand how someone needs to come in 8th to help created the bench. I mean everyone except the winner should count, right?

by Anonymousreply 365May 11, 2019 11:36 PM

America ith gonna LOVE me! I tolt you all that.....

by Anonymousreply 366May 12, 2019 12:10 AM

Apparently Reddit is doing a campaign to get Nina West on SNL. Yup, that’ll happen. The first drag queen to host the show won’t be RuPaul or someone people give a shit about. But it will be some mildly funny bar queen who came in sixth on a cable competition show?

by Anonymousreply 367May 12, 2019 12:20 AM

[quote]Isn't the definition of an all-star someone who did very well, usually near the top but just didn't win.

That has never been the case with RPDR All Stars, except for AS2. Especially with the latest iteration, which included Jasmine Masters, who went home 3rd in S7, and Gia Gunn, who went home 5th a year earlier.

All Stars 3 included Aja and Milk, neither of whom came close to winning their original seasons.

Hell, All Stars 1 had Mimi Imfurst and Tammie Brown, both of whom were early exits, although it's now known that Mimi was a replacement for Willam.

by Anonymousreply 368May 12, 2019 12:22 AM

Jinkx won on pure talent! Fat or thin she's a great queen.

by Anonymousreply 369May 12, 2019 12:43 AM

What the hell was that rant Stinky Garbage went into about being great at painting other queens faces ?? If Soju's face was any indication of Stinky s " talent " then I wouldn't trust her to paint a fence

by Anonymousreply 370May 12, 2019 12:52 AM

Nina's video is fire though. I'm not even a fan but this is great work. RuDemption. HUCKS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371May 12, 2019 1:14 AM

Hucks! 👏

by Anonymousreply 372May 12, 2019 1:22 AM

The Meet the Queens w/ Adam rippon really made me think that Nina was gonna be funny, Silky was gonna be a fan-fave and Plastique was gonna be the bitchy fashion girl (violet chachki-esque). Look how that all turned out

by Anonymousreply 373May 12, 2019 2:24 AM

A’keria (sp?) has broken out lately. She was great, the best I thought, in the Cops-inspired skits. Her deadpan delivery and bitchiness are most entertaining. When she called Silky a...what was it? A walrus out of water? Anyway, it was really fucking funny.

When Ru asked who should go home, I was hoping that someone would say BLH. She is the most polished of the queens and definitely not untalented, but she is not charismatic, unique or nervy. The other queens might be sloppy and imperfect, but they are all vivid characters, including the last two eliminated. BLH is bland. If Ru wanted a glamor queen, he should’ve chosen Shuga, whose clothing was exquisite and who was also unfailingly, even preternaturally, perky. I do think BLH will win unfortunately.

Vangie is my sentimental favorite, a beauty and quick wit. He just cannot stretch himself into different characters. That’s not everyone’s strong suit. He is so well liked, though, that I think he’ll be fine regardless.

by Anonymousreply 374May 12, 2019 7:50 AM

Oh and I like that this season has a wider variety of challenges including makeovers and runway challenges. All Stars is a constant rotation of those hokey “rusicals” and acting challenges. The humor tends to be, how shall we say, a bit broad. Meaning, lowest common denominator OTT innuendo and bad puns, which are drag queen specialties I know, but best in smaller doses.

by Anonymousreply 375May 12, 2019 7:55 AM

I'm guessing All Stars will go on hiatus for awhile.

1) It's been done too much 2) The UK Drag Race will take the place of All Stars in the next year

RuPaul has FIVE shows she's attached to: RPDR, All Stars, UK RPDR, the Netflix comedy and the talk show.

The Netflix show and the UK Drag Race are both filmed and the focus seems to be on the talk show which gets a test run this summer.

You know Ru wants that talk show...big big bucks in talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 376May 12, 2019 8:19 AM

Ru's first talk show was actually really great. Counterculture on daytime tv was so good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377May 12, 2019 10:45 AM

Rooting for A’keria to win among the remaining gurls.

by Anonymousreply 378May 12, 2019 10:59 AM

^ She is always stirring the pot but doesn’t nessesarily have that reputation.

Could just the the producers putting her up to it, but she has been behind every drama on the show.

by Anonymousreply 379May 12, 2019 11:09 AM

This is the first season that I've never watched Untucked. Not even a bit. Life's too short.

by Anonymousreply 380May 12, 2019 11:56 AM

R380 - I started to watch Untucked but they just ended up with nonsensical screaming matches. After last week's lip sync and elimination, i think I am done with this season.

Are they going to broadcast RPDR UK here in the US?

by Anonymousreply 381May 12, 2019 2:50 PM

Untucked this season has been fun. My only gripe is the constant wheeling out of the TV monitor to get the waterworks going. Showing contestants the family members used to be an occasional thing, but now it’s a staple.

That one queen who completely melted down when her family appeared was funny though. Does anyone have a gif or clip? She started laughing and then it turned into this insane keening, then she collapsed. It was, um, startling.

by Anonymousreply 382May 12, 2019 3:23 PM

Best part of Untucked is the cute guy on the crew who always walks out to give the queens their 5-minute warning for airtime.

by Anonymousreply 383May 12, 2019 3:51 PM

His name is Nick r383, he has been part of the crew for years now, but he is quite straight unfortunately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384May 12, 2019 3:54 PM

They had to stop hiring gay male PAs because of Pearl.

by Anonymousreply 385May 12, 2019 4:02 PM

Yummy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386May 12, 2019 4:16 PM

[quote]RuPaul has FIVE shows she's attached to: RPDR, All Stars, UK RPDR, the Netflix comedy and the talk show.

Ru doesn't translate well outside of Drag Race. Look for the Netflix show and talk show to be short-lived. I think the CBS talent show that he was a judge on has already been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 387May 12, 2019 4:46 PM

Vanjie for Chips Ahoy!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388May 12, 2019 6:06 PM

Am I the only one who thought that the makeup/lighting on Wanda was fucking tragic? It made her look old and ill, and she is usually quite vibrant looking.

by Anonymousreply 389May 12, 2019 7:28 PM

r386 It's almost comical how aggressively straight that guy is. But yes, I enjoy seeing him on Untucked as well.

by Anonymousreply 390May 12, 2019 7:41 PM

Wanda looked like she was wearing baby dentures......

by Anonymousreply 391May 12, 2019 10:16 PM

Wanda should have said no to the fauxhawk. I guess it's her bar look.

by Anonymousreply 392May 12, 2019 10:21 PM

I hope to see more Ru in different formats and I think the talk show could work.

If his CBS talent show was canceled it’s because it was terribly boring, and nothing that Star Search hadn’t done before. He was the best part about it.

by Anonymousreply 393May 12, 2019 10:30 PM

Gee, I wonder who she means?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394May 13, 2019 12:48 AM

LOL @ the crows reactions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395May 13, 2019 2:57 AM

crows = crowd's

by Anonymousreply 396May 13, 2019 2:57 AM

Holy shit, where was that filmed? Who the hell is in that crowd? Cuz it’s not gay men (or mostly not).

by Anonymousreply 397May 13, 2019 3:20 AM

I wonder why RPDR is getting a pass from SJWs when it’s all about men appropriating femaleness as well as other cultures, as when one of the queens will dress in a kimono or NA headdress. The generation coming up seems to be offended by anyone expressing interest in clothing, food or art that is not part of their own ethnic tradition/ gender. I think it’s only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 398May 13, 2019 3:33 AM

Did anyone see Sasha Velour's review of the designs worn to the Met Gala? She says "Queer" only 759 times in 15 minutes. Her points are pretty accurate though I think she's grading some celebs on a curve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399May 13, 2019 3:41 AM

Sasha Velour is pretentiousness is beyond madding!

by Anonymousreply 400May 13, 2019 3:50 AM

I can't bear the thought of Sasha Velour. Fuck Tyra Sanchez, Sasha Velour is the worst winner the show has had. Bar none.

by Anonymousreply 401May 13, 2019 4:06 AM

YAS r401!!! Sasha Velveeta, no. Aquaria and Violet attended the Met Ball. Sasha used plastic rose petals to steal a crown from Shea Coulee. He is the token SJW winner of Drag Race. (Ru still has to crown a fat girl - Monet wasn't a two for one.) Sasha's voice causes impotence. He sounds like a gay computer that criticizes you. He's no fun because nothing is funny to him. Don't laugh about that. He's not a drag queen, just a gay dude afraid to eat or fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402May 13, 2019 4:08 AM

Preach, R402! "Don't joke about that"... a fat bitch can't make a joke about eating now? On a show about men dressing up as women? GTFOHWTBS. Can only imagine just how much bullshit 'queer theory' is in that video at R399.

by Anonymousreply 403May 13, 2019 4:16 AM

lol I can't stand Sasha either. I posted it cuz he literally can't go 10 words without saying "queer" and his criticism of the camp looks is camp in itself. It's a good review of the looks if you were interested anyway... on mute.

by Anonymousreply 404May 13, 2019 4:16 AM

Get some sleep.

by Anonymousreply 405May 13, 2019 6:35 AM

RuPaul's Drag Race beat Redditt to the spoiler. The finale films LIVE Monday night. Here is the poster RPDR has released - behold your final 4!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406May 13, 2019 7:12 AM

If they're filming the finale today but the episode where she is eliminated isn't until Thurs... I guess it's not that big of a deal. It would've leaked anyway... but it's funny how there's always some sloppy WOW staffer every freaking season.

When they film the version where Silky takes the crown, they're gonna have to spray drugs into the audience to get people to cheer.

by Anonymousreply 407May 13, 2019 7:33 AM

Can't WAIT to see another Silky lip sync! ... Said no one ever.

by Anonymousreply 408May 13, 2019 2:48 PM

Well there will be spoilers after tonight about which queens won their first round lip synch and who the final two are.

by Anonymousreply 409May 13, 2019 2:50 PM

Or to not get people to riot, R407.

by Anonymousreply 410May 13, 2019 3:00 PM

Given what we saw, I don't expect there to be a Silky crowning filmed. She is gonna get eliminated in the first round.

by Anonymousreply 411May 13, 2019 3:09 PM

I hope they’ve banned any reveals, the last couple finales have been akin to a Reno magic show.

by Anonymousreply 412May 13, 2019 6:31 PM

Season 11 is, by far, both the most boring and the most rigged season in the show's history. Shuga and Nina shouldn't have been eliminated when they were. In fact Shuga shouldn't have even been in the bottom two. The show has become so formulaic and predictable they need to shake it up. Nina was the "shock" elimination that always occurs around number 6 and they are setting her up to be Miss Congeniality. I believe the producers felt Silky would be a bigger fan favourite than she has actually proven to be which is why she's still there and the same with Vanjie.

As for who is going to win So basically it's either Akiria or Yvie. Silky isn't popular enough and there are some #metoo allegations surrounding her. Brooklyn won't win because of the backlash of crowning another white queen (although so far she has won the most challenges). I actually prefer Yvie to Akiria but I think Akiria will win.

by Anonymousreply 413May 13, 2019 7:25 PM

Someone mentioned upthread that Akiria is a shady bitch. She is.

I would like Yvie to win just because she’s getting beat up by everyone. I feel bad she has that bone condition, too.

Brooklyn winning would be okay as well.

by Anonymousreply 414May 13, 2019 7:36 PM

R414 I agree Akiria comes across as super cunty in her confessionals. Personally think Yvie is going to win as the edits in the last few episodes have portrayed her as an underdog like Jinx.

by Anonymousreply 415May 13, 2019 8:10 PM

THROW.THE.ENTIRE.SEASON.AWAY.

by Anonymousreply 416May 13, 2019 8:14 PM

I agree that the show needs a formula change. One of the problems is they film the show so far in advanced, the producers often try and push queens at us thinking they'll be popular and they aren't. I mean the last Queen that I think most will agree rightfully won the season was Bob.

by Anonymousreply 417May 13, 2019 8:22 PM

I still don't really understand why they are

All these "theories" make no sense.

1. They want to "save them for all stars"

- Anyone who didn't win can be on All Stars. There is no need to "Save" anyone.

2. It's "good tv" and "part of the narrative" or "formula"

- It's horrible TV and people are pissed. It's one reason a lot of people abandoned Project Runway on Lifetime - it became all about the designer's journeys and not their actual creations. What is this magical "formula" that people keep talking about ("surprise elimination around episode 6") that the show supposedly uses that is helpful in some way?

3. The ratings go up from this kind of drama.

Ok show me the ratings & prove that they wouldn't have been the same if Silky was eliminated and some other questionable decisions were made.

So what is the reason for these shenanigans?

by Anonymousreply 418May 13, 2019 8:25 PM

This is a pretty smart take on Season 11. They think the show has broken its own rules of reality TV, and not in a good way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 13, 2019 8:38 PM

[Quote] Someone mentioned up thread that Akiria is a shady bitch. She is.

Yes. And at this point in the season they are ALL shady bitches.

by Anonymousreply 420May 13, 2019 8:47 PM

That article at R419 is taking things waaaaay too seriously. It’s a show about drag queens. Gimme a break.

by Anonymousreply 421May 13, 2019 9:56 PM

The article is right on. It used to be a GOOD show about Drag Queens, and it no longer is. That's what they're saying. You can only manipulate an audience so much.

by Anonymousreply 422May 13, 2019 10:00 PM

This season sucks so bad that Yvie winning makes the most sense. Yvie’s drag is trash and her attitude is worse so let’s give her the money and forget any of this ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 423May 13, 2019 10:09 PM

The article is good... reality tv has a pretty clear structure & the last episode made no sense for all the reasons stated. I think he forgot that all the queens (when Ru asked who should go home) said Silky or Yvie & NOBODY said Nina... unless I missed that point. Yet, Nina ends up in the bottom. What would've been so terrible about a Nina staying?

by Anonymousreply 424May 13, 2019 10:37 PM

Nina was my favorite, but Nina was boring TV. Silky and Vanjie have been carrying this season. The four rules of good reality television. You need someone root for. Someone to hate. Someone to stir the pot. And a narrator. This season has been lacking. But the problem with Drag Race isn't the Queens, it's the over-saturation of the brand. It needs a rest.

by Anonymousreply 425May 13, 2019 10:56 PM

Brooke Lynn Heights should win in my opinion. She is the only one who exudes star quality on the runway. She is also linked to the top runways of the season and a lot of the interesting drama off the runway.

by Anonymousreply 426May 13, 2019 11:09 PM

Thanks R419 that article was on the money!

by Anonymousreply 427May 13, 2019 11:44 PM

They really let ol queen write an article these days huh..

by Anonymousreply 428May 13, 2019 11:46 PM

Well, "Decider" does. Regardless, I think his points are still accurate. The use of "gaslighting" is a bit off... but he tried.

by Anonymousreply 429May 13, 2019 11:49 PM

any old queen^^

by Anonymousreply 430May 13, 2019 11:50 PM

I started a spoiler thread. This way any posters who don't want to hear about what happens at the finale don't have to get it spoiled for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 13, 2019 11:51 PM

Thank you. Spoilers definitely should be in a separate thread.

by Anonymousreply 432May 13, 2019 11:52 PM

Can't find fault with anything in the article at R419. As noted in the link and up-thread, the show is totally disregarding its own logic, more so than it's done in the past (there have been multiple instances of judges giving contradictory compliments/critiques to different contestant or, sometimes, even to the same one). As mentioned, by all rules of the show, Silky should have been eliminated for refusing to take notes (a frequent complaint by many of the judges toward other contestants), sloppy workroom production and presentation, frequent excuses for failures (even after being told to step up) and much more. Silky might have been saved in the lip sync if she was good or at least able to compensate for the deficiencies, but she was bad throughout.

by Anonymousreply 433May 14, 2019 2:03 AM

Since Silky can't lip synch for shit, how will Ru change the finale so that trash basket sow has a chance to actually win?

by Anonymousreply 434May 14, 2019 2:48 AM

Maybe they'll edit it so the few words she gets right will be what they focus on. I forgot how they do the finale with 4 actually... do they get rid of 1 and then film 3 separate wins? They might just get rid of her when she lip syncs against yvie since that's the big "rivalry"

by Anonymousreply 435May 14, 2019 2:54 AM

Silky has had 8 months to prepare for tonight's finale r434. Her pads will be better. The rest is in the edit, right? Of course Silky won't win, but they do that wheel of fortune bullshit about who they will go against in the finale, so Silky might make it to the final two? We haven't seen A'keria lip synch yet. She is the only one of final four who was never in the bottom during the season. I can't stand Yvie, but she can move and perform and she won't be wearing old jeans strips tonight. I guess BLH will win, but A'keria would be a better surprise. It really doesn't matter who wins this season. I like Silky to be honest - though she should never have made the finale. The whole world hated her long before this week. On and offline. It seems to be the meanest reaction ever to a contestant. I don't think Silky deserves that much negativity. There have been far more unlikeable contestants and villains. Yeah, Silky has a big mouth. But her body is bigger and black and she covers neither. I think it's offensive that she doesn't hide herself to people. Ru likes her, probably for the same reasons that others hate her. Ru is not a fan of Brooklyn, but she's done the best. That didn't help Trinity win season 10. Aquaria won, right? Yvie is known to be nasty by now, and seems honestly mentally ill. I hope A'Keria wins.

Willam and Alaska really LOVE Silky as a contestant and Willam has worked with her recently and thought she was very smart, very funny, and a good entertainer who was in on the joke.

by Anonymousreply 436May 14, 2019 3:23 AM

What? Akeria has lipsynced against Rajah and was in the 6 way lipsync R436

by Anonymousreply 437May 14, 2019 3:27 AM

Trinity was in season 9, not 10.

by Anonymousreply 438May 14, 2019 3:28 AM

Yvie is mentally ill...? You typed that while defending your messy fave. Stew on that.

by Anonymousreply 439May 14, 2019 3:31 AM

Yvie IS obviously mentally ill. That's not hyperbole. Silky ain't my fave and this isn't reddit. Unless you're a teenage girl, shut the fuck up R439. Who is Stew?

I did forget that A'keria fucked R'aJah R437. I was counting the seconds until some weirdo mentioned the 6 way lip sync tho. You win. No one killed it because it was 90 seconds of forgettable stupidity. Only Yvie and Brooke Lynn had a great LSFYL this season. But not that great to be honest. Something is missing with this bunch and the way they've been portrayed. BLH and Vanjie are still a couple though. That's the most celebratory thing that happened.

by Anonymousreply 440May 14, 2019 3:42 AM

Sounds like the article at R419 is by someone who reads stuff here. Anyways, why can't it be both? Messy reality and best drag? Er, maybe that's not what we want!

by Anonymousreply 441May 14, 2019 12:42 PM

Yvie for the win.

But none of the queens this season - none of them - is equal to the task. No true originals (other than Yvie). Brook is boring, A'k'e'r'i'a is typical Davenport and pageant-dull, Silky is plain disgusting and nasty, and offends the eyes and ears.

by Anonymousreply 442May 14, 2019 12:56 PM

Does Silky REALLY, HONESTLY think he looks good? His figure makes him look like Chris Christie in a pageant gown....worse than CC......

He's not funny and he sure as hell can't lip synch. What's good about it?

by Anonymousreply 443May 15, 2019 4:04 PM

Silky is very charismatic even if the fans can't see it. I'd like to see her rise as a titan in drag if she has it in her.

by Anonymousreply 444May 15, 2019 6:17 PM

God knows she looks like she's got everything ELSE in her.

by Anonymousreply 445May 15, 2019 9:30 PM

Silky is sassy. She has teeth. She is full of quick observation, both funny and fighting words. She can paint her own face just fine and in a gown, she looks good. It can't have been an easy life being him, but he's pursued education he could access and has found success in pageants and now Drag Race. Ru loves that in his southern black sisters. Silky is very bright, in not insightful. With a bit more discipline she could do well in more than one form of entertainment. Plus Silky can sing, as we'll see in next week's episode.

I wish people would just be honest and say it's the FLAUNTING of his misshapen, soft, fat body that makes them hate Silky. Latrice would be scarier to see that way, but that's not how she presents her 400 lb self.

Yvie can't win. She has a worse personality than Tyra, Raven and Phi Phi combined.

by Anonymousreply 446May 15, 2019 9:50 PM

Full of quick observation but not insightful?

Hm.

by Anonymousreply 447May 15, 2019 9:55 PM

That's hardly a contradiction R447. You is obviously not a P.H.D.

by Anonymousreply 448May 15, 2019 10:01 PM

I've been honest about Silky. People only like her sense of humor because she's obese. She wouldn't be funny if she were skinny.

by Anonymousreply 449May 15, 2019 10:08 PM

On Datalounge, being fat is the worst crime of them all. Datalounge hates ALL fat people just for being fat.

If you’re looking for admirers of an overweight person, you will not find them on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 450May 15, 2019 10:10 PM

Hardly. Lots of DLers are full of self-admiration.

by Anonymousreply 451May 15, 2019 10:17 PM

There's fat and there's obese. Anything over 30 pounds overweight is just absurd.

by Anonymousreply 452May 15, 2019 10:20 PM

Silky keeps failing upward. She gets negative critique after negative critique and still manages to be considered a top queen of the season.

by Anonymousreply 453May 15, 2019 10:24 PM

I like to keep a big fat Milky Nutbag around until it EXPLODES, don't you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 15, 2019 10:29 PM

I wouldn't find it funny if a woman went around shouting "Look at my boobies! Look at my boobies!" It's just as unfunny when an overweight drag queen does it.

by Anonymousreply 455May 16, 2019 1:05 AM

I think Silky is a throwback to the days when drag was messy and in your face and bawdy. Not this clean up, family friendly version of drag that the girls at brunch with their avocado toast talk about. Personally, I think Silky did herself in with the whole "America is going to love me" line from the first episode of the season. America doesn't like to be told who they are going to love. And Silky is fat; and people, for some reason, don't take too kindly to fat people being okay with being fat.

by Anonymousreply 456May 16, 2019 1:37 AM

Yvie is a good drag queen, but she is not an original. She's in the same lane as Sharon. I think she'll go glam after the show, she could be a fine winner. I like Brooke, she clearly has good designers who make good outfits for her, but is she really a star?

by Anonymousreply 457May 16, 2019 1:41 AM

Brooke is literally the only one who exudes star quality this season. Am I going crazy?

by Anonymousreply 458May 16, 2019 1:46 AM

I find Brooke pretty boring honestly, but she is a perfectly fine winner for this season.

There are no Biancas, or Bobs, or Alaskas or Jinkxs this season.

by Anonymousreply 459May 16, 2019 1:50 AM

There's not even a Bebe or Violet this season.

by Anonymousreply 460May 16, 2019 1:52 AM

Of course Yvie goes macabre Glam. Here is her finale red carpet look. The dress is by Mondo of Project Runway fame. He designs mostly for drag queens now. Great dress, but there's a head on top.

I never thought Sharon Needles was a great original, but she always had glamor and presence. She's a good performer. Confident.

Yvie reminds me more of Thorgy Thor. Celebrating ugly, personally unhappy. Jealous of others. Manic clown on stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461May 16, 2019 6:49 AM

I'd rather the crown go to an interesting queen with a little bite, than boring, bland queen like Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 462May 16, 2019 12:27 PM

LOL if you think the only reason people dislike Sulky Nutsack is because she's fat. She's a toxic loser with NO self-awareness and an unnecessary chip on her shoulder.

And she can't talk - her speech impediment is distracting.

And the poor thing is homely. You can paint an outhouse.....but it's still - an outhouse - as they used to say.

by Anonymousreply 463May 16, 2019 2:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464May 16, 2019 7:53 PM

Yvie is soooo original

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465May 16, 2019 8:15 PM

You're hilarious R330.

by Anonymousreply 466May 16, 2019 8:57 PM

Yvie did the best in that music video.

by Anonymousreply 467May 17, 2019 1:57 AM

Brook Lynn's pit stains on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 468May 17, 2019 1:59 AM

It feels weird to have Carson back as a judge commenting on the course of the season when he wasn't in any of the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 469May 17, 2019 2:07 AM

They so clearly were hoping for drama by putting Brook and Vanjie in a lip synch together, but they didn't get it.

Vanjie getting the boot was predictable before this episode even started, and rightly so, though honestly her lip synch entertained me more than Brook's did.

by Anonymousreply 470May 17, 2019 2:47 AM

Despite the flaws, I've enjoyed this season more than S10 and S9.

by Anonymousreply 471May 17, 2019 4:16 AM

I thought Brooks lip synch was rather bizarre..and not in a good way. Her final look was a not so interesting ballerina outfit. We get it..you studied Ballet. I was less then impressed. Not surprized Vanjie went home..Yvie looked great tonight and what's more her performance was on point. Stinky Garbage can't help showing her raggedy side even when she tries her best. Showing her black underwear under her tights was a unfortunate sight. Also big girls should try very hard to not lay on the ground with your crotch fully exposed to the camera...unintentionally. It's just NEVER a good look.

by Anonymousreply 472May 17, 2019 5:38 AM

If she does a ballet move one more time...

by Anonymousreply 473May 17, 2019 5:46 AM

Like quite a few winners before her, Brooke is succeeding in drag by doing what she wasn't good enough to find success in as a man. (Bob, Bianca, Monet, Trixie) She is a solidly trained dancer - he was with the Ballet Trocadero. Already a cast off place for unemployed male ballet dancers, but it takes real skill and a certain body type to perform with them. Men on point. That's what Brooke does. She's also a hardcore pageant girl and it shows.

Vanjie was great in my opinion. Of course this is how she went home and why they deprived her of even ONE win last week. She won this lip synch and she won the makeover challenge. She's the one sweet memory who will endure from this season. Vanjie belongs to that rare club of Drag Race girls who are pretty but we know are a little dude and somehow that makes them even more fun. Charming. Funny. Prettyrough. A cute MAN. Brooke Lynn better stay on her toes. Like she always does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474May 17, 2019 8:40 AM

I think they've treated Vangie badly this season. I thought she should have won for her morning show performance, still the funniest thing this season, and she should have won for last week as well. And everyone knew she'd be going home this week, even though she was better in the video and the lipsync than Brook Lynn. (And I loved her exit as well!) But she's one of the queens who will be a star away from the show, so in the end it really doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 475May 17, 2019 12:44 PM

Vangie was hardly treated badly. First of all she got to come back. How many other queens get to come back after being the first to go home? Second, was was carried through to the end of the season. This show has given her a fanbase, the ability to earn more money, and a home base. Yes, many of those girls already come to the show with a following, but Drag Race definitely expands that following.

This is why I never understand the queens who trash the show or Ru.

by Anonymousreply 476May 17, 2019 1:25 PM

Not to mention r476, Vangie is a lock for the next All-Stars.

by Anonymousreply 477May 17, 2019 1:27 PM

Vangie being on the next All Stars would be a mistake.

Wait til All Stars 6, not All Stars 5.

by Anonymousreply 478May 17, 2019 1:32 PM

Vangie saying that at age 6 she was “trying to look trade” has to be one of the weirdest/funniest things ever said on this show.

by Anonymousreply 479May 17, 2019 3:37 PM

Agreed that Vanjie was not the poorer performer in that lip sync and that she should have won the makeover challenge, especially if the master plan was to send her home the following week. Give her a nice win before her exit like they did Nina.

However, I still think she and Brooke should have lip synced against each other weeks ago after the Snatch Game challenge, I still don't know how Vanjie avoided the bottom in the organics design challenge, and she sent Shuga home when Shuga shouldn't have been in the bottom that week to begin with, so it's not like she hadn't been favored either.

Come to think of it, I didn't agree with any of Brooke's 3 design challenge wins! (My choices were A'Keria, Scarlet and Vanjie, respectively.)

But I actually might have to agree with R471, finals results pending. I don't recall any moments this season where we were beaten over the head with the Social Justice hammer, unlike the previous two. Don't joke about that.

by Anonymousreply 480May 17, 2019 3:47 PM

Sulky Nutsack is getting a redemption edit.....but it ain't gonna work. I find it hard to imagine that God ignored the Holocaust but wanted Garbage to be in the FF on RuPaul's Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 481May 17, 2019 6:54 PM

OP, is that some kind of circus clown? What is that?

by Anonymousreply 482May 17, 2019 7:01 PM

I was joking before, but Silky might actually be the affirmative action queen.

by Anonymousreply 483May 17, 2019 7:05 PM

Don't you love love?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484May 17, 2019 7:16 PM

Sulky Nutsack is not the only one getting a redemption edit. Check out Yvie on this week's Untucked. (Although that laugh...!)

by Anonymousreply 485May 17, 2019 7:22 PM

When the judges were doing their critiques, I found it VERY hypocritical when they all praised Silky with lines like "She's not the most perfect queen, but she has a lot of personality which carried through week after week" and then, when they got to Vanjie, Michelle in particular said, "We gave her chance after chance and she never quite succeeded". (Both quote slightly paraphrased.) WTAF?!? And Silky DIDN'T get an equal - if not more - chance after chance, week after week, with sloppy looks (I think at least twice back-to-back she was criticized for her padding), bad designs, poor performances, etc.

by Anonymousreply 486May 17, 2019 7:56 PM

R484 I think we need a new word for their relationship. Like “Bearding”, but to describe two gay guys pretending to be in a relationship for the purposes of publicity. “Gearding”? Those two are putting out as much sexual heat together as my air conditioner.

by Anonymousreply 487May 17, 2019 9:39 PM

Try the rear of your air conditioner r487.

by Anonymousreply 488May 17, 2019 9:40 PM

R488 At the back it’s warm at best, like them.

by Anonymousreply 489May 17, 2019 9:45 PM

Yeah, I notice how many shots of Yvie's "adorable" were in this episode. The editors were definitely softening her edit after the one note "Well, the judges' critiques were..." schtick was wearing thin.

by Anonymousreply 490May 17, 2019 9:58 PM

Something like "rehlaaybaiting" (relationship baiting), though that registers better by ear than by text. Maybe "daiting".

by Anonymousreply 491May 17, 2019 10:02 PM

I also agree that Vanjie won the lipsync. BLH's balletic movements didn't really fit the vibe.

Does anyone find it hard to believe that BLH couldn't make her moves sharper and more staccato for the Ru vid?

by Anonymousreply 492May 17, 2019 10:05 PM

R492, it reminded me of when Sahara Davenport was doing ladylike pirouettes to "Black Velvet" while Jujubee was rolling around on the floor drunk off her ass but selling the song. Jujubee, however, shantayed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493May 17, 2019 10:14 PM

I'm happy Ivie and Silky made amends; it looked genuine.

Vangie's redemption exit was the best ever on Drag Race. I was on the floor laughing.

BLH vs Ivie for the crown. The reunion will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 494May 17, 2019 11:49 PM

Silky is less hated today. Vangie is more loved. Brooke and Yvie are the most deserving of being the final two, no matter the previous order of eliminations. The show usually shakes out that way. But NO more double crownings please.

by Anonymousreply 495May 17, 2019 11:55 PM

Is Vanjie getting rid of that neck/chest tattoo by increments? It looks fade but remains distracting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496May 18, 2019 12:16 AM

Rewatching the music video, and Yvie is literally the only one who exudes star power and doesn't seem like they are trying to get through their bit. And she has the shortest segment, pity.

by Anonymousreply 497May 18, 2019 1:00 AM

I'm torn between Yvie and BLH. Both have flourished and failed horribly this season.

by Anonymousreply 498May 18, 2019 1:02 AM

I like Yvie — that crab-walk in the video! — but if I hear that awful laugh one more time I will rip my ears off.

by Anonymousreply 499May 18, 2019 2:22 AM

I actually think A'Keria did best in the video, she had far more difficult choreography to do than Yvie and her bars were just as good. Truth is I was impressed by them all. They really have about 36 hours to pull all that together. And the classically trained dancer made the weakest overall impression. Silky was a fucking Tornado in that one shot video. She looked great for most of it and she slayed the end. Vanjie did blow it, her timing was off in the dancing and her rap synch was almost non existent. She was drag pretty as hell on the runway and she actually won the LSFYL though third time was not the charm. Vanjie had the second most memorable exit EVER. The most memorable exit also happens to be hers. She's got nothing to worry about. She has an unforgettable personality. Weird lil body and a big head, a voice like broken glass and not remotely believable as a woman - but she's a star.

by Anonymousreply 500May 18, 2019 3:07 AM

A'keria's wig is popular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501May 18, 2019 7:11 AM

I was sad to see Vanjie go home, but, I was more glad that Brooklyn is still in it.

I want Yvie to win.

by Anonymousreply 502May 18, 2019 7:34 AM

Silky is less hated today? Let me think a second......uh.....no, she's not.

by Anonymousreply 503May 18, 2019 2:27 PM

A'Keria has shown the most "growth," which the show loves. However, she's still boring as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 504May 18, 2019 2:39 PM

The Pit Stop S11 Episode 12: Laganja Estranja Talks Top 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505May 18, 2019 3:47 PM

Silky will emerge as the biggest star of the season, so she's already won. But it's obvious that Yvie is going to be crowned the winner. Ru will never crown a big girl, no matter how good she is.

Brooklyn is your typical 3rd place finisher--competent and popular, but ultimately forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 506May 18, 2019 4:46 PM

Would Yvie be the first winner who bombed Snatch Game?

by Anonymousreply 507May 18, 2019 4:54 PM

Brook Lynn has already been accepted as a peer by established queens. She recently starred in "First Wives Fight Club" alongside Raja, Ginger Minj, and Peaches Christ. She can do more than just dance and look pretty. She may not win Drag Race, but she'll be a popular queen.

Yvie may win but RuPaul is going to have to defend her decision over and over again since Yvie has terrible makeup, terrible costumes, and has an abrasive, nasty personality.

Akeria will probably have a career similar to Kennedy: hard working and earning good tips but not a breakout star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508May 18, 2019 4:54 PM

Trixie was the first winner who bombed Snatch Game r507.

by Anonymousreply 509May 18, 2019 4:57 PM

Tyra Sanchez bombed the very first Snatch Game with her terrible Beyoncé.

Violet Chachki's Alyssa wasn't awful but it wasn't great either.

by Anonymousreply 510May 18, 2019 5:00 PM

Tyra didn't do well but she wasn't actually one of the worst. Trixie was, she is the first winner who give a bottom of the barrel Snatch Game.

Violet did perfectly fine.

by Anonymousreply 511May 18, 2019 5:06 PM

Did y'all notice in the music number Silky's part was short? She does lead the section at the end. Does that equal it out? The others had around 30-35 seconds to rap. Silky's rap is only about 15 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 512May 18, 2019 6:07 PM

Silky is big all over.

by Anonymousreply 513May 18, 2019 6:39 PM

Aw, I'm going to miss the Vanjie/Brook kissy kissy.

by Anonymousreply 514May 18, 2019 7:19 PM

If A’Keria adopted her nephew — because presumably the mother is AWOL and sounds like the father (A’keria’s brother) is in prison — WHO IS TAKING CARE OF THE KID WHILE SHE FILMED DRAG RACE AND WILL PRESUMABLY GO ON TOUR??

by Anonymousreply 515May 18, 2019 8:04 PM

Kennedy cares for his developmentally challenged sister and always has. I assume extended family takes on some of the daily care when they're on the road, but someone has to take on the legal responsibility and full guardianship. Kennedy is very close to his sister. A'keria has a different set of challenges raising a 2 year old. They deserve nothing but respect.

by Anonymousreply 516May 18, 2019 8:10 PM

R515, scream louder! A'keria needs to be reminded - she left her nephew home alone for MONTHS, and FORGOT!

by Anonymousreply 517May 18, 2019 8:23 PM

R515

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518May 18, 2019 8:27 PM

Whatcha Packin’: Season 11 Episode 12

No SPOILER who Michelle sits down with, but I think it's somewhat sweet and charming that when Vanjie talks about Brook, she usually does so with a smile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519May 18, 2019 8:48 PM

r501 was Silky wearing A'keria's hair?

by Anonymousreply 520May 18, 2019 11:27 PM

Is it just me or is Michelle Visage looking more like Jacob Tobia nowdayz?

by Anonymousreply 521May 19, 2019 12:03 AM

Something is up. Week after week they read Silky for not being polished. Her pads show, her pads sink, Her makeup is terrible, her looks are the same...There is no growth she is just the same loud person she was day one. This time, she flops on the ground and her tights don't match her body suit. Mess again yet this time ..they praise her? Suddenly she is making friends with Yvie and being nice to everyone? I smell a setup.

by Anonymousreply 522May 19, 2019 1:55 AM

R522 AFFIRMATIVE ACTION

by Anonymousreply 523May 19, 2019 1:59 AM

If Silky wins, it’s rigged so they can have a POC and a big gurl win.

by Anonymousreply 524May 19, 2019 6:19 PM

Silky is a hot mess. I can't see Ru picking her. Ru is all about the brand. She would be the most unpopular winner since Tyra.

by Anonymousreply 525May 20, 2019 3:08 AM

If SILKY DOESN'T WIN BE VERY AFRAID AT THE NEZT DRAGCON!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 526May 20, 2019 3:34 AM

I like Ivey because her scalp looks like a brain when she wears that headband.

by Anonymousreply 527May 20, 2019 4:23 AM

I want Silky to win because she's the most interesting queen this season. Pure opposite to Brooklyn. Loud, fat, black Baymax with titties and a wicked sense of humour. The black swan to Brook's Nina.

by Anonymousreply 528May 20, 2019 4:46 AM

I thought someone on the spoiler thread who was at the taping said that the final two were Brooke and Ivey...is that not true?

by Anonymousreply 529May 20, 2019 1:19 PM

‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Maisie Williams Sashays Onto BBC Adaptation Of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ As Celebrity Judge

r529 Please don't discuss spoilers in this thread, thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530May 20, 2019 1:35 PM

LOL at someone thinking Sulky Nutsack has a sense of humor.....

by Anonymousreply 531May 20, 2019 1:35 PM

r529 - umm...can you not post spoilers on this thread or at least mention you are going to fucking spoil it?

by Anonymousreply 532May 20, 2019 1:38 PM

This happens here pretty often, the lack of moderation means you always run into posters posting spoilers in non-spoiler threads.

by Anonymousreply 533May 20, 2019 1:49 PM

sorry - wasn't thinking and assumed (incorrectly) that people were following the other thread as well. My mistake

by Anonymousreply 534May 20, 2019 2:26 PM

R534 ugh, why would you assume that? Thanks a bunch.

by Anonymousreply 535May 20, 2019 9:33 PM

R535 Build a bridge love

by Anonymousreply 536May 20, 2019 9:41 PM

R536 You build a bridge first. Then jump off it cunt.

by Anonymousreply 537May 20, 2019 9:55 PM

Is there a premiere date for Dragula yet? Sheesh I'm tired of waiting.

I don't dislike Silky because she's obese, cuz I love me some Stacy Layne Matthews and Latrice.

by Anonymousreply 538May 20, 2019 10:03 PM

I love Silky. She's funny and she does D R A G. A'keria too. Yvie is too ugly to look at - just prop your dress in a corner so the fans can admire it. Brooke Lynn has never had a boyfriend and it shows. No personality or appeal. He looks like an old What's My Line panelist. The ballet look was terrible. You have man feet, don't do a runway in pointe shoes. White ain't your color either - where's the blood?

When part of BEST DRAG did the final five not understand?

It isn't a spoiler to say that Yvie will win. That's why they film the finale 10 months later. So the lil white teen girls and gender confused boys of the interwebs can decide who wins. They're the ones who buy the merch. Ugly mean Yvie wins! Pretty girls and black girls never win reality shows. The teens and old men watching like the "funny" homely contestants. And CUTE boys.

by Anonymousreply 539May 20, 2019 10:09 PM

*What part of Best Drag....

by Anonymousreply 540May 20, 2019 10:17 PM

Fans like the homely and the cute? Oh, dear. Won't someone think of the average looking?!

by Anonymousreply 541May 20, 2019 10:44 PM

Gee you're stupid R541. Always with the dumb non sequitur comebacks. Such economy of thought!

by Anonymousreply 542May 20, 2019 10:46 PM

Don't be shocked if the show completely shifts focus away from the gay community. It clearly is shifting towards fraus.

by Anonymousreply 543May 20, 2019 10:47 PM

R543 Fraus? I think it's steering more towards SJW teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 544May 21, 2019 1:55 AM

The Brooke/Vanjie “romance” is extremely popular with fans. Smooching on camera may be the $martest thing they did on the show.

by Anonymousreply 545May 21, 2019 2:32 AM

It was obvious they told Silky and Yvie to go at it on Untucked for some good TV all season. Then we get a very rapid about face on the just before the finale (and reunion) from Silky who suddenly says -" you know, I don't hate her. She's a good person so let's bury the hatchet." They needed drama for Untucked and the show, so from the start they told Yvie to be a little abrasive and they would soften her up as the season went on. The other queens play along because they also don't wanna be eliminated for being boring (though somehow Akeria is still there). Typical reality fake fights and in the reunion they will play along a little more, but say "now we're friends. We talked and it's all good."

Something about Yvie rubs me the wrong way. She's very entitled and I can't stand a queen who can't ad lib. I give it to Silky - messy drag but off the cuff she can be funny. Yvie will be like Raja - not very popular post crowning and struggling to maintain her "odd" factor while WoW tries to glam her up.

by Anonymousreply 546May 21, 2019 5:54 PM

I read that too, r529. No problem, r534. There are major loser douche cunt control freaks infesting threads like this { and Survivor & skating threads. } These cunts have zero lives. Pay them no mind.

Yvie was great in the final challenge. I loved her, " How are youuuuuu" and then her laugh. Nice touch.

Vanjie is a fucking delight!

by Anonymousreply 547May 21, 2019 7:06 PM

It would have been nice if vanjie won for redemption but even though she didn’t “win” her seasons she really did win them because everybody knows her and that what’s really counts. Unless your a super fan most people don’t remember half the queens everybody remembers vanjie!

by Anonymousreply 548May 21, 2019 11:46 PM

Alyssa Edwards and Alaska figured prominently in this week's episode of The Bachelorette. ABC. They taught the men how to walk in heels and coached them in some pageantry. There was a swimsuit competition - the reason to tune in. Who says that Drag Race has gone to the fraus?

by Anonymousreply 549May 23, 2019 4:30 AM

Reunion tomorrow. Miss Vanjie learned some new skills. She's beat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550May 23, 2019 5:31 AM

^Wow, she sure did! Best her makeup has ever looked.

by Anonymousreply 551May 23, 2019 5:00 PM

So if there’s a terror attack, will President Nina forgo Camp David to find solace in a female dorm? Will all his Secret Service people be one hundred pound, 19-year-old Midwestern girls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552May 23, 2019 5:47 PM

The shitty drag is intentional.....right? I mean, she can pull it together but doesn’t do it because she’s so punk rock.... right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553May 23, 2019 11:49 PM

I mean Yvie's final runway was the best of the 5 of them r553, you can serve more high class looks.

Anyway personally I like this look, its it's fun.

by Anonymousreply 554May 23, 2019 11:57 PM

I don't enjoy Yvie, at all. Unattractive man, unattractive woman, unattractive personality. Ugly drag. The reunion was filmed after the finale, so look for clues tonight. #TeamBrooke.

by Anonymousreply 555May 24, 2019 12:06 AM

They film multiple endings though, they don't actually know who won until it airs.

by Anonymousreply 556May 24, 2019 12:08 AM

Interesting that Brooke and Vangie refer to each other as “he” and “him” and not “she” and “her” when talking about their romance.

I guess those girls don’t want to date girls.

by Anonymousreply 557May 24, 2019 1:18 AM

Fucking knew they were faking the relationship for promotion while the show was airing. Also knew that Brooke is too much of a whore to make this relationship work.

by Anonymousreply 558May 24, 2019 1:19 AM

Haven't watched yet, but they had a little fling while they were trapped filming this show that fell apart as soon as they went back into the real world? Sounds right.

by Anonymousreply 559May 24, 2019 1:24 AM

Ru doing his Oprah/Guru spiel makes me cringe. Save it for your talk show, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 560May 24, 2019 1:26 AM

r559 It lasted for about four more months after the show. So it didn't fall apart quite that quickly.

by Anonymousreply 561May 24, 2019 1:29 AM

Shit, the producers just buried A'Keria!

by Anonymousreply 562May 24, 2019 1:31 AM

Is Scarlett Envy channeling Alexis Michelle at this reunion? They could be twins.

Not a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 563May 24, 2019 1:35 AM

Breaking news: the fat cunt actually gained 30 pound during filming!

by Anonymousreply 564May 24, 2019 1:37 AM

*pounds

Ru called Silky a naked emperor, finally!

by Anonymousreply 565May 24, 2019 1:39 AM

Kahanna and Mercedes drama up next. Who give a shit?

Has Honey even spoken yet?

by Anonymousreply 566May 24, 2019 2:03 AM

No spoiler but since Ru wrapped up the Yvie vs. Silky segment with (paraphrasing) "I want to say that the both of you are fantastic drag queens" out of the blue, I'm guessing that Akeria and Brooke are the top 2. Just a guess.

Vixen is awful but she made an interesting reunion. This reunion is a snooze.

by Anonymousreply 567May 24, 2019 2:19 AM

Hated VIxen and felt uncomfortable during their reunion. That's not interesting to me at all.

I prefer the comedy of Kahanna coming after Mercedes in a manufactured bit of non-drama and that going over like a lead balloon.

by Anonymousreply 568May 24, 2019 2:24 AM

No cares about the wigs!

by Anonymousreply 569May 24, 2019 3:18 AM

Can't the producers of this show instigate better drama than wig-gate and Evie giving the girls unsolicited criticism? Who gives a shit?!

by Anonymousreply 570May 24, 2019 4:49 AM

They didn't have much to go on to begin with, and they had a lot of time to fill.

DL fave AOC with a special message for Nina!

by Anonymousreply 571May 24, 2019 4:52 AM

Now I don't want Yvie OR Brooke to win. Both come across as assholes and they both look like BIG ole MEN. Vanjie is the winner of the season AND the reunion. The bitch could charm a rock. Fast and feisty.

Most improved drag goes to Miss Shuga, looking like Kris Jenner. Nina is not as funny as some think. There's a reason it took her nine seasons of audition tapes before she was cast on the show. Meh.

Silky and A'keria were pretty subdued. It's obviously Yvie vs Brooke Lynn for the crown.

by Anonymousreply 572May 24, 2019 4:57 AM

This will be better than the reunion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573May 24, 2019 5:45 AM

Bruno looks a little worn out in that pic. Love his smile.

by Anonymousreply 574May 24, 2019 6:23 AM

Bruno has facial wasting in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 575May 24, 2019 6:27 AM

A'keria has nothing to offer but a retread of tired pageant looks. And she needs to find an outfit that doesn't make her neck disappear

by Anonymousreply 576May 24, 2019 10:34 AM

I liked Yvie's reunion look. Unusual. Ru was defending and explaining her at one point.

by Anonymousreply 577May 24, 2019 11:58 AM

I looked at Sulky Nutsack and thought for a moment Eulalie McKechnie Shinn had joined the band.

by Anonymousreply 578May 24, 2019 3:15 PM

I think there is a hint to the placement for this season. Just look at the start of last nights reunion show. Every girl's intro was how they left the show.

by Anonymousreply 579May 24, 2019 5:02 PM

I laughed when Akeria said something like, "Well, Vangie's a personality and you don't have one so I think we all thought you'd glommed on to her to make yourself interesting." Even Nice Nina said something bitchy. And omigod, AOC's message for NIna!

by Anonymousreply 580May 24, 2019 5:52 PM

Um the reunited episode for season 11 still hasn't been uploaded to Itunes?! Anyone else having this problem? I'm In Canada but usually the newest episode is available by Friday morning.

by Anonymousreply 581May 24, 2019 6:21 PM

R582, I saw the whole episode on YouTube for free. Should still be up...

by Anonymousreply 582May 24, 2019 6:31 PM

R581, they’re terrible with that and why I stopped giving them 35 bucks every season. Torrent sites are your friend. Also you may be able to sign up for a free one day trial at VH1.com.

by Anonymousreply 583May 24, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote]I liked Yvie's reunion look. Unusual. Ru was defending and explaining her at one point.

Indeed he was. Yvie looked like shit with a towel on her head and her face painted orange except for around her eyes. Her big horse feet on full display in the front row. Between Yvie and Brooke, I'd choose Silky.

by Anonymousreply 584May 24, 2019 10:30 PM

Who's least likely to upset the apple cart backstage at a future stage show? Shit-stirrer A'keria, unkempt Silky, Acerbic Yvie? I think Brooklyn wins this with RuPaul's trust for professional behavior in the future.

by Anonymousreply 585May 24, 2019 11:04 PM

I’m not in love with any of the top four. I wish Vangie could win in a dramatic twist.

by Anonymousreply 586May 24, 2019 11:05 PM

#MeToo R586.

by Anonymousreply 587May 24, 2019 11:08 PM

Vangie definitely has the most star quality out of this group. I predict a Shangela-like arc for her.

by Anonymousreply 588May 24, 2019 11:13 PM

"Most star quality out of this group" means very little. Vanjie would need to take acting, singing, and dance lessons.

by Anonymousreply 589May 24, 2019 11:19 PM

We're about to hit 600, so here's a link to the final thread for the season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590May 24, 2019 11:59 PM

What was Nina wearing? She had the best press of any queen that shantayed, but she dresses like the fun grandma chaperoning a kindergartners field trip to Build-a- Bear.

by Anonymousreply 591May 25, 2019 2:19 AM

[quote]Vanjie would need to take acting, singing, and dance lessons.

Why? Most of them prosper on personality, looks and performance ability. Well timed "music" and merch releases. Vanjie is ahead of the game, mostly by virtue of her vivid personality and the genuine affection she evokes. She's gonna get drag queen rich.

Very few Drag Race contestants are Shangela, Jinkx, Bob or Bianca. Adore or Courtney. Kennedy Davenport did a live singing concert at 54 Below and it was not great. Latrice was there singing off key gospell too. You'll never get all talents in one package or they wouldn't have to duck tape their dick behind their asshole and spend thousands of dollars on a new costume and WIG for each appearance!! Drag is still drag. Lets not pretend they are legit performers. Many of them have some training in music and acting or dance. What they share in common is that they were unable to succeed as themselves. More reason to admire the pageant queens. At least they've won something. Silky just returned from performing in London!! She is the RARE academic drag race contestant. Continental. She's been called everything but a child of god. But she's succeeding. Tonite at Mickeys with Vanessa. I love them both.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592May 25, 2019 3:30 AM

Kennedy Davenport, your new Miss Gay USofA 2019. Alyssa Edwards and Asia O'Hara are formers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593May 25, 2019 6:34 AM

Wow, she looks...stretched and pulled.

by Anonymousreply 594May 25, 2019 5:47 PM

yum-ooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 595May 25, 2019 5:59 PM

sex-oooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 596May 25, 2019 5:59 PM

by Anonymousreply 597May 25, 2019 5:59 PM

by Anonymousreply 598May 25, 2019 5:59 PM

/////////////

by Anonymousreply 599May 25, 2019 5:59 PM

oooooooooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 600May 25, 2019 5:59 PM

done.

by Anonymousreply 601May 25, 2019 6:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!