Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race S11 Thread #4: And The Winner Is...

...Kahanna Montrese for releasing the emotional burden of being devastated by Soju...posting something on Instagram, I think? Spoiling her elimination...as it happened? I'm still very confused about that whole thing.

Anyway, congrats to the top four.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529February 12, 2020 7:09 PM

Link to the previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2019 11:59 PM

Or was it Mercedes she came for? Those early outs are all a blur.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2019 12:02 AM

it was Mercedes

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2019 12:25 AM

It still makes me laugh just how much Kahanna failed to create a moment for herself at the reunion. What a bimbolina. She deserves all the derision coming her way.

This week's Roscoe's viewing party guests (along with T Rex, let's be real) look like pre-season 1 unaired pilot queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2019 1:11 AM

What was Nina wearing? She had the best press of any queen that shantayed, but she dresses like the fun grandma chaperoning a kindergartners field trip to Build-a- Bear.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2019 2:58 AM

I loved when Nina said to Silky that she fixed her silhouette when she was supposed to, which she totally didn’t, and no one called her on it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2019 3:17 AM

DVRed the reunion but haen't watched it yet, but okay to spoil - were there any big, shocking reveals or genuinely nasty comments (not shade, but just nastiness)

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2019 4:35 AM

Not really, I felt that this reunion was pretty mild compared to Season 9's or 10's. I suppose the most "shocking" reveal (but not to me) was that Brooke and Vanjie aren't seeing each other any longer. Don't give a crap about WigGate.

Most surprising revelation for me was how much the rest of the cast did not like Scarlet Envy, and I agree with whomever in Thread #3 said that she was channeling Alexis Michelle with her look. Looks like she gained some weight since filming.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2019 4:42 AM

The shocking reveal was just how big of an ASSHOLE Yvie is in real life. Not a bitch drag queen. An asshole DUDE. And by far the worst turned out top 4 of any reunion I can remember. Even Brooke looked scary. Very low wattage, this cast.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2019 9:08 AM

Brooke isn't interesting enough to register as "scary". I agree with the low wattage across the board for the most part with a couple of exceptions. Glad Miss Vanjie's career will get even more momentum out of this without her being roped in to the Drag Race stable for the next x years.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2019 9:42 AM

the reunion was dull.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2019 6:43 PM

Teen and 20something girls are still DragCons core demographic. Bizarre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2019 6:48 PM

I was done with the show when RuPaul selected that fat monstrosity Silky Gross to get to the final 4 over Vanjie. Silky is an obnoxious mess and I almost threw up that one episode when she was nude, even if she was hiding her cock. Truly one of my least favorite contestants ever. I'm thinking the rumours are true. Ru is intentionally trying to sabotage her own show to get out of the contract.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2019 7:00 PM

R6, I noticed that too. It seems like the hard pushing of Nina's activism narrative has given her a status in the Drag Universe that her overall performance in the competition doesn't warrant.

I like her Vanjie riff i the BTS video. I hope she brings some of that assurance to All Stars but I suspect she'll be another Trixie - better off the show than on it.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2019 7:11 PM

I don't like BLH but I LOVE how she was just like "Yep, I sure did say that" re hating Scarlet.

Ra'jah's comment about the wig "found its way" into her suitcase made me crack up.

RuPaul cutting A'Keria's shit stirrer defence off with a terse "Yeah yeah, we're gonna wrap this up" was also a highlight. Ditto breaking it down for a mother over Yvie's echoing the judges critiques ("the emperor has no clothes"). I love when Ru is over "your" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2019 7:16 PM

SIlky wrote a nice IG post and you could tell that she's been humbled by this entire experience. I like her and think there is much more to her than what we've seen on TV. I'm glad that she's doing well.

I'm not going to try and defend her or ask that you give her a second chance, because she made her bed.

Yvie, that poor thing is in paid and I think if she's an asshole, that where it comes from.

Akeria and Brooke are still milquetoast to me. Neither one stands out as anything special. Silky's drag was too messy. Yvie should get the crown for this season.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2019 7:19 PM

In paid? In plaid?

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2019 7:22 PM

Silky took her 82 year old grandma to London. I hope she was able to take her back alive.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2019 7:23 PM

Silky was oddly subdued during the reunion. Wonder if she got wind of how much she was hated on the show.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2019 7:48 PM

Whenever a celebrity showed up in the work or Untuck room, Silky was just downright embarrassing. She does too much!

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2019 8:01 PM

[quote]It still makes me laugh just how much Kahanna failed to create a moment for herself at the reunion.

It sort of reminded me of Cracker trying and failing to come for Asia at last year's reunion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2019 8:05 PM

r21 I thought that was a great moment, personally. Cathartic and deserved, so the complete opposite of what Kahanna tried and failed to achieve.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2019 8:12 PM

Silky was quiet as fuck. Munch munch crunch crunch bitch.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2019 8:17 PM

I guess Sulky Nutsack learned the REALITY of reality television.....it is a magnifying glass that shows exactly who you are......

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2019 8:26 PM

What's more bizarre to me is that almost no one came after SIlky, except Yvie and by extension, Ru. Of course, she flapped her mouth when it was time to pounce on Ariel.

I'm sure everyone realised she would be too easy of a target, seeing how she's so detested by the fandom.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2019 8:27 PM

Yvie should just win by default. The rest are too boring.

Nina was my favorite of the season, but I really hope she invests in some better drag. She could kill All Stars with some higher quality looks.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2019 10:10 PM

An Yvie win would be the fitting “fuck you” from the show producers to the longtime fans. “We gave you awful queens with awful personalities and created nothing fun or interesting to watch so it makes sense that your winner is the odious and ugly Yvie Oddley! Keep buying our merch and tune in next year to see if we can get our shit together!”

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2019 12:51 AM

Who are the people who think that drag queens are supposed to be nice? Has anyone ever been to a drag show before this show? Did anyone see RuPaul back in the day? Drag Queen humor is dark and biting and over the top between lip syncs of classic R&B hits. The idea that drag con is just overrun with children and suburban housewives is strange to me. I'm all for acceptance and all that, but this mainstreaming takes the snap out of drag. My first drag show was as an opening act for a GWAR show back in the 1994. It was angry and not PC.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2019 1:31 AM

Yvie displays no humor, dark, biting or otherwise. Has nothing to do with being "nice." He's just an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2019 1:33 AM

Shangela knows how to be nice, but she doesn't need DragCon or a crown anymore! Currently hanging with a hottie in Puerto Vallarta. #successful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2019 1:58 AM

That's Eliad Cohen

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2019 2:01 AM

Arty and Pretentious? At least Sasha Velour has an ACT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2019 7:50 AM

The virulently anti-Silky poster gives me serious Fremdschämen.

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2019 10:45 AM

Seriously deluded if you honestly believe that's just one poster.

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2019 11:20 AM

Yes, it must be delusion, and not that I find ALL of the ridiculous nicknames embarrassing for them.

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2019 11:23 AM

I like Silky. She's and Vanjie made the season enjoyable. The hate she receives online is troubling.

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2019 11:38 AM

I like this instagram post from Silky. She has a lot to offer and her confidence is genuine. Her life has already changed and I'm sure she will make the most of it. The alumni queens speak very highly of her and enjoy working with her. She's moved to L.A. baby. The future is bright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2019 11:48 AM

Confidence in what? Her delusions about her talent and looks?

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2019 1:45 PM

Sometimes people put up walls or act a certain way to hide their insecurity or their pain. I've been saying all season that Silky probably needs a bunch of hours on a psychiatrist's couch to work through her issues. You can tell in her post show interviews and writing that this experience has changed her and opened her eyes to many things. All we can hope for from any one is to embrace personal growth, learn from their past mistakes, and try to do better when they know better.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2019 2:15 PM

R39, I agree. Silky is sensitive and self-loving enough to learn from mistakes, and try to correct. She's shown that, and it seems genuine to me. I wouldn't be surprised if she lost a little weight along the way. She looks great in that twitter pic above.

Can we talk about how untalented Ariel Versace is? She never had a single funny thing to say, she was constantly self-conscious in all her looks and runways, her voice was eternally grating, and she had the same busted "Anime" looks at each turn. Plus, the most interesting thing about her, WigGate, was clearly not even that interesting - it only served to show how insecure, uncreative and defensive she is.

Was this Kahanna person really on the show?? I honestly don't remember her at all. How unpleasant was her manufactured drama at Mercedes.

I think Nina really laid it on thick with the Ru ass-kissing. I think I counted five times when she made Ru an "example for us all" or things like "YOU gave us this opportunity for which I'm eternally grateful, etc". I also believe Nina is only funny in certain contexts - like hamming it up in a campy skit or dance routine. Her YT videos are cringeworthy and forced. Don't bother watching her impression of Sarah Huckabee Sanders...

I find Yvie interesting, and it's cool to see how she has elevated her drag into some interpretation of glam, without selling out and looking like a pageant queen. But I never understand queens who "tell it like it is" or "get real" with their competitors, when its clear they are being mean and grabbing screen time. That shit is really unpleasant and unsolicited - and it's a clear sign of some kind of mental illness to be that competitive, and to try to sell it as friendship. Fuck that shit.

I don't like Rajah (and don't like how she essentially used a more famous drag queen's name in the first place). But that comment about the wig making its way into her suitcase was great.

I didn't like Vanjie's reunion look. Now she looks like a Puerto Rican shopgirl. What happened to the glam? Plus all the face fillers were unnecessary.

I really grew to love Scarlet Envy, and was saddened by her exit. She really had the diva thing down, and was an underdog of sorts. She has the 'it' factor, and her only real crime on the show was having poorly sewn garments - she'll be great in All Stars once she seasons her drag some more.

A'Keria has nothing to offer other than old school dated pageant looks. Not deserving of the top four at all.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2019 4:19 PM

This bitch is going after Ru at Dragcon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2019 5:16 PM

Season 11 was a dismal. In fact the last few seasons have been crap. There's just very little to no originality or creativity whatsoever. The bodysuit covered in rhinestones, marcel wave wigs, bdsm/bondage gear, semi-nude twinks in ugly Marco Marco underwear, and Alyssa Edwards one two step style of dancing. How many times do we have to see this crap. Most of the queens that have come on the show are mediocre and already forgotten. And the ones that won/ or are remembered aren't doing anything remarkable. Just a rehash of what's already been done before.

I just hope the UK version has something to give.

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2019 8:09 PM

Miss Vanjie's DragCon booth looks like fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 27, 2019 1:06 AM

I also was not a fan of Vanjie's new face.

by Anonymousreply 44May 27, 2019 1:11 AM

I don't understand it when really young people get fillers and injections. Mother Nature takes really good care of us until we're at least 35.

by Anonymousreply 45May 27, 2019 1:14 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If Silky weighed a hundred pounds less and acted like a victim all the time, the fanbase would. Eat. Her. Up.

by Anonymousreply 46May 27, 2019 1:18 AM

Well that's not why Vanjie got fillers R45. He was a cute guy, showing no age. The fillers are to feminize his face. I don't like it either. I prefer the Alaska, Bianca, Jinkx, Shangela and Bendela style of drag, aka female Ilusion. Don't get too close, ha. But the youngest ones make some money and want to look more realistically pretty. I think Vanjie is still a little dude though. He hasn't gone too far yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2019 1:28 AM

Thanks for sharing that info R47. I didn't realize that fillers feminize.

by Anonymousreply 48May 27, 2019 1:30 AM

R46, you do have a point. Victimhood is the go-to foundation I beat my face with every day.

by Anonymousreply 49May 27, 2019 1:39 AM

Speculated cast and judges for [italic]Drag Race UK[/italic] (sources: r/SpoiledDragRace and various UK sites). Ru is expected to host and Michelle is expected to be a regular judge.

[bold]QUEENS[/bold]

[bold]Crystal Beth,[/bold] London

[bold]Baga Chipz,[/bold] London

[bold]Divina de Campo,[/bold] Manchester/Gran Canaria, Spain

[bold]Cheryl Hole,[/bold] London

[bold]Scaredy Kat,[/bold] Cheltenham

[bold]Gothy Kendoll,[/bold] Leeds

[bold]Blu Hydrangea,[/bold] Belfast

[bold]Vinegar Strokes,[/bold] London

[bold]The Vivienne,[/bold] Liverpool

[bold]Sum Ting Wong,[/bold] London

[bold]JUDGES[/bold]

Emma Bunton, Alan Carr, Cheryl Cole, Andrew Garfield, Geri Halliwell, Lorraine Kelly, Graham Norton, Maisie Williams

by Anonymousreply 50May 27, 2019 1:48 AM

Sulky Nutsack couldn't act like a victim.....she can't act.....

by Anonymousreply 51May 27, 2019 1:52 AM

That's a pitiful list of judges R50. AKA the usual suspects.

Drag Race has had Fantasia, the late great Natalie Cole, Pam Tillis, Martha Wash, Jody Watley, Debbie Harry, Wynonna Judd, Tanya Tucker, Ariana Grande, Christina Aguilera, Gaga, Paula Abdul, Michelle Williams, Vanessa Williams, Mary Wilson, The Pointer Sisters, Adam Lambert, ONJ, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, The B52's, Kesha, Halsey, Ashanti and Audra McDonald. Those are just the singers.

Everyone knows that Ru would retire if Cher, Dolly and Diana would give it up and appear on his show.

by Anonymousreply 52May 27, 2019 2:03 AM

Silky and Vanjie are the ones who will succeed from this season in terms of WoW and VH1. They have fast funny and charming personalities and are two of the more intelligent queens. Of course Brooke, Plastique and Nina will do great on tours and in clubs for a long while. Yvie not so much. Other than contorting and damaging her body, she has no talent. She certainly lacks humor, charm and intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 53May 27, 2019 2:09 AM

Someone else has overdone the fillers. Monique Heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 27, 2019 2:20 AM

Fuck Monique Heart, R54. I wonder if the sexually confused young men she traumatized in the gay conversion therapy sessions she conducted are still smiling as big as she is in that photo. It must be extra fucked up for them to see someone who told them that being gay would send them to Hell is now a famous and celebrated drag queen who is called an "aspirational hero" for some sloppy makeup and a few half-witted catchphrases she shoved down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 55May 27, 2019 2:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 27, 2019 3:22 AM

Talentless queen and despicable human being. If there’s any justice in this world, she got that mutilated scalp after one of her conversion kids threw acid in her face.

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2019 3:46 AM

I also preferred Vanjie's "old" face. I didn't see the fillers do anything in the feminizing department. He just looked "off" but I couldn't put my finger on it. I really hate the perfect looking blindingly white teeth. There was nothing all that wrong with his choppers before, maybe a teeny bit of lightening would have been good, but these are ridiculous looking. I love him using laces all up on his adorable "pony legs" He's a hot, cute, funny man and a sexy nutty, funny woman. DO NOT OVERDO THE PS VANJIE! Listen to us, you don't need it! If he fucks with his lips, he will be DEAD to me.

by Anonymousreply 58May 27, 2019 4:10 AM

I have a feeling Vanjie is going to fuck up very handsome boyface. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2019 4:11 AM

MANY queens did NOT show up for this years LA Dragcon. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 60May 27, 2019 4:12 AM

Why? Are they all pissed off at Ru for not kissing their asses? They’re always bitching about that on Hey Qween. God forbid a busy celebrity not what to spend her down time hanging out with a three episode filler queen, or forget the name of a first out from seven years ago.

by Anonymousreply 61May 27, 2019 4:15 AM

Well, RuPaul might be their bread and butter, but it could be argued that the queens are her bread and butter too, and the audience and fans are EVERYONE'S bread and butter. Show up, be professional and show some gratitude.

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2019 4:18 AM

I wish Brooke Lynn would win this year as I believe she has the talent and looks to go a long way. However pageant queens won in the last go around. Ru also likes weird acts like Alaska and Sharron Needles, who both won, so I predict Yvie will win this year, before she dies of her disease.

by Anonymousreply 63May 27, 2019 4:24 AM

I really never understand what they want from Ru. They love to call him old and out of touch and not "woke" enough. Ru doesn't really owe them anything, she pretty much gave them a platform to build their brand. But after that, they can't be expecting Ru to be their best friend. Ru is at a very different stage in his life and probably has very little in common with most of them.

by Anonymousreply 64May 27, 2019 4:25 AM

What queens did not show up for Dragcon? Not to say I don't blame them. I hear they don't get paid except for what they get selling their pictures and selfies to groupies. Unless they are on the panels, the queens have to pay for airfare, hotel, food, etc. I hear Ru is very cheap and expects gratis performances by ex-Drag race contestants. I think the queens are just giving back what Ru gave to them.

by Anonymousreply 65May 27, 2019 4:34 AM

Nina and Silky were the highlights of this season for me. Nina is the most talented, and Silky is the funniest.

Silky looked adorable in her little majorette's uniform at the reunion. I cracked up when she started twirling her baton at the end. I can't take my eyes off her. She's a fucking star, baby. If she were a skinny queen, she would be everybody's favorite, but gays hate fat people, so there you go.

Yvie will win and be the least popular winner of all time.

by Anonymousreply 66May 27, 2019 4:35 AM

Guys were barebacking and taking loads at Drag Con. WTF is up with that? It sounds gross.

by Anonymousreply 67May 27, 2019 4:36 AM

[Quote] Guys were barebacking and taking loads at Drag Con.

LINK PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 68May 27, 2019 4:41 AM

r65 a lot of "gratis" performances are written into the contestant's contracts. There was one floating around here a while back. These help support the show in exchange for some publicity for the queens. For example, Trixie and Katya did UNHhhh for free.

by Anonymousreply 69May 27, 2019 4:42 AM

Isn't Dragcon basically a tradeshow? You pay to exhibit at a tradeshow, don't you? You don't get speaking fees or comped hotel rooms unless you are part of the official program in most tradeshows.

by Anonymousreply 70May 27, 2019 4:43 AM

[quote]If she were a skinny queen, she would be everybody's favorite, but gays hate fat people, so there you go.

Not just gays. My straight female co-workers who follow the show all despise Silky, some of them from the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2019 4:43 AM

[Quote] What queens did not show up for Dragcon?

S1 - 2 showed up out of 9.

S2 - 5 showed up out of 12

S3 - 5 showed up out of 13

S4 - 4 showed up out of 13

S5 - 4 showed up out of 14

S6 - 8 showed up out of 14

S7 - 8 showed up out of 14

S8 - 4 showed up out of 12

S9 - 4 showed up out of 14

S10 - 9 showed up out of 14

S11 - All showed up.

Some winners didn't show in LA, Bebe, Tyra , Bianca, Chad, Jinkx, Bob, Violet and Sasha.

Maybe some are waiting for the NY DragCon.

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2019 4:55 AM

[quote] S11 - All showed up.

Damn, Ru must have smartened up and put it into their contract they MUST show up for this one. Plus, the season 11 winner has not been announced, so theoretically, they are still under contract to Ru to jump through hoops.

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2019 4:58 AM

This RIDICULOUS tweet from Farrah Moan gives an idea of who comes to Dragcon. Not to mention how many untalented bitches are there to hawk merch to children.

The line up for Vanjie's booth was supposedly 5 hours long for most of the weekend. He's kissing babies and spreading love. It's new for him, I'm sure he was pretty sweet. His mom was with him.

I get that the queens get jaded and they prefer to work in the dark where there's alcohol. That's the only way a grown man should want to see them too. DragCon shouldn't be forced on anyone. It must be in their contracts now. How many drag queen pins does your gender fluid child need?

(Violet told an interesting story to WWD daily about RuPaul and why you'll never see him in drag. It wasn't mean, but she spilled the tea.)

I don't need to see Farrah Moan and Blair St. Clair in daylight or listen to Adore Delano sing in her camo jumpsuit and army boots to a bunch of moms and their greasy tweens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2019 5:16 AM

Trixie, another one I dislike. At least she's bright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2019 5:25 AM

r74 What the hell did Violet have to spill about Ru preferring to be out of drag that Ru hasn't said so himself?

by Anonymousreply 76May 27, 2019 5:26 AM

I LOVE Trixie! She's smart and quick witted. Plus, she is VERY outspoken against all the straight women and little kids at DC. She reads them all the time but in a very funny way. Classic! Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 77May 27, 2019 5:43 AM

There's a lot to unsee here. Werk the World tour rehearsal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2019 7:08 AM

I remember reading that as a child, Tracee would follow the help around with a clipboard. A chip off the old block, that one.

Another favorite is Diana quibbling about the temperature of her soup and her guest, Smokey Robinson, giving her a "bitch, please" and taking the soup for himself.

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2019 11:10 AM

[quote]Isn't Dragcon basically a tradeshow?

No. Would you call a music festival a trade show? ComicCon?

Celebrities who show up at other fan conventions get their expenses paid and/or get an upfront fee.

Either the drag world is too niche, or WoW is just too cheap.

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2019 11:49 AM

I haven’t been following Drag Race threads this season. Is everyone as underwhelmed as I am? I never even committed most of the contestants’ names to memory. Who are the final three? Silky, the Latin one and the Canadian one?

I liked the magic show skit. For a Drag Race skit, it was surprisingly entertaining to watch. Other than that, I don’t know if I have drag fatigue or if this season is just lacking something.

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2019 12:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2019 3:22 PM

R55 And now they are being told they are transgender by these same drag queens. Ugly horseface Jasmine Masters telling gay men that they need to accept women on testosterone in their dating pool or they're transphobic. Gia Gunn, Jiggly Caliente, Peppermint,ect half of these gay men that have been on the show are claiming to be straight women now. Seems like drag has become the new conversion therapy for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2019 3:54 PM

LOL that the reason we hate Sulky Nutsack is that she is fat......no that's NOT the reason.

by Anonymousreply 84May 27, 2019 4:00 PM

Silky is more successful already than you'll ever be R84. Your constant use of CAPS gives all your posts away. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 85May 27, 2019 4:10 PM

Silky’s stretch marks are really hard for me to look at...because despite my being comparatively thinnish (presently 5’11”, 165lb), I am covered in similar scars and I feel such shame about them. I am envious of her boldness about her body, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 86May 27, 2019 4:15 PM

The Drag Race fandom claims to be so woke, yet they really are just a bunch of victims, racists, and people who love to body shame

by Anonymousreply 87May 27, 2019 4:19 PM

Does anyone who's into spoilers know if the UK version is the only one that's filming right now? Is there any indication at all when a regular and an All Stars versions will start filming again?

by Anonymousreply 88May 27, 2019 4:47 PM

R87, which one are you? Or are you all three?

by Anonymousreply 89May 27, 2019 6:30 PM

People who love to body shame AKA people.

by Anonymousreply 90May 27, 2019 6:31 PM

by Anonymousreply 91May 27, 2019 7:29 PM

R88, All Stars 5 is believed to be shooting at the beginning of June. Miz Cracker and Shea are believed to be confirmed. I forget who some of the other girls speculated are. I assume S12 will shoot directly after that.

by Anonymousreply 92May 27, 2019 7:35 PM

[quote]Some winners didn't show in LA, Bebe, Tyra , Bianca, Chad, Jinkx, Bob, Violet and Sasha.

Does Bianca ever go? I feel like she's a separate breed from the other winners at this point. She takes her own stand-up show all over the world. She's really the only one I would consider to be on Ru's level now.

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2019 7:56 PM

Isn't Bianca in a West End show or was that only a short stint?

by Anonymousreply 94May 27, 2019 7:58 PM

I really do feel like Shea was robbed out of a win on her season. I don't hate Sasha Velour, but Shea was the clear winner. I dislike the lip sync sudden death business, but it seems like it's here to stay. Unfortunately, she'll probably be robbed out of the All Stars win, too.

by Anonymousreply 95May 27, 2019 7:59 PM

[quote]Damn, Ru must have smartened up and put it into their contract they MUST show up for this one.

The current season's queens are always at DragCon LA - they're contractually required to be there. It's timed to coincide with the finale when they're all back in LA.

[quote]I really do feel like Shea was robbed out of a win on her season.

Yet Shea has been largely invisible since that finale while other top finishers from recent seasons have pretty high profiles. Frankly, she brought nothing original to the table all season long. And calling her lip sync against Sasha drag night at the local bar level would be an insult to bar queens across the country. She basically had nothing to say. She wandered around the stage twirling at random moments and seemed to barely know the words.

by Anonymousreply 96May 27, 2019 8:09 PM

Shea may have deserved to win season 9, but that’s a low bar to set. She’s talented but nothing special. If they get a few really good queens on (if any are left), I can see her justifiably going home at the midpoint.

by Anonymousreply 97May 27, 2019 8:10 PM

I thought in S9 Trinity Taylor and Peppermint had the most talent out of that group.

by Anonymousreply 98May 27, 2019 8:16 PM

Bianca's season was the last season before they re-did the contracts where the contestants are beholden to the show for x years. Bianca, Adore and Courtney Act got out when the getting was good, and didn't have to be WOW/RuPaul dancing monkeys on demand. They are making good money and calling their own shots without having to give the show a cut.

by Anonymousreply 99May 27, 2019 8:31 PM

What kind of contract did Adore have for All Stars then?

by Anonymousreply 100May 27, 2019 8:35 PM

r100 I don't know, but apparently she got out of it as she has next to nothing to do with them. She was stupid to sign on in the first place, but smart to leave when when she did.

by Anonymousreply 101May 27, 2019 8:44 PM

[Quote] Bianca, Adore and Courtney Act got out when the getting was good, and didn't have to be WOW/RuPaul dancing monkeys on demand.

Adore was at LA Dragcon this past weekend. SHE WAS HORRIBLE!!!! Look on IG for her absolutely terrible and horrifying version of Bohemian Rhapsody. Who told this cunt she has a good voice? She was a horrible singer on AI and still is!!

by Anonymousreply 102May 27, 2019 8:45 PM

Dare I say it’s better than the studio-magic version of Taylor Swift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 27, 2019 8:48 PM

ugh!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 27, 2019 9:14 PM

YIKES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 27, 2019 9:15 PM

He should stick to Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 106May 27, 2019 9:18 PM

I HAVE BEEN PROPERLY CHASTISED......AND PUT IN MY PLACE AS UNSUCCESSFUL.

P.S. I STILL HATE SILKY.......

by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]Bianca's season was the last season before they re-did the contracts where the contestants are beholden to the show for x years.

These reality shows own a percentage of you for a certain period of time after you appear on their show. It's usually for 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 108May 27, 2019 9:59 PM

Could you just imagine Silky Ginache’s NUTSACK coming for your face in a 69????? 🙀🙀🙀🙀

by Anonymousreply 109May 27, 2019 10:30 PM

I enjoyed some of Nina Bonina's comments on the reunion. She booted Silky's look for "that big ass at the front."

Nina also extended an "olive branch" to Jasmine Masters while dressed as a most unflattering take off of Jasmine Masters.

by Anonymousreply 110May 27, 2019 10:52 PM

What's Tyra been up to lately?

by Anonymousreply 111May 27, 2019 11:02 PM

Whoever upthread who posted about an interview with Violet Chachki on WWD, wtf are you talking about? Could not find it.

by Anonymousreply 112May 27, 2019 11:46 PM

“I enjoyed some of Nina Bonina's comments on the reunion. She booted Silky's look for "that big ass at the front."“

Hearing a basket case call a fat person “fat” is enjoyable to you? Scary and sad. Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 113May 28, 2019 12:44 AM

[Quote] Hearing a basket case call a fat person “fat” is enjoyable to you?

Physician, heal thyself.

by Anonymousreply 114May 28, 2019 12:53 AM

Unless someone tells her how hideous and ridiculous she looks in those clothes she wears, she'll keep believing she looks fine.

Rewarding her efforts is never going to help her. I certainly don't remember Latrice EVER looking as bad as Silky does.

by Anonymousreply 115May 28, 2019 5:01 PM

Yes, r115, you clearly have her best interests at heart and just want to "help".

by Anonymousreply 116May 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Sharon Needles and Alaska are both Team Silky. They must see Yvie as reductive, ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 28, 2019 11:47 PM

Oh no! The twitterati are coming after Sharon with "cancelled" gifs!!!

by Anonymousreply 118May 28, 2019 11:51 PM

Everyone with taste is Team Silky. The rest will be forgotten about as soon the the finale ends, but the Rev. Dr. Silky Nutmeg Ganache is just starting her legendary career.

by Anonymousreply 119May 28, 2019 11:53 PM

r118 What did she do?

by Anonymousreply 120May 29, 2019 12:02 AM

R120 she said she was Team Silky

by Anonymousreply 121May 29, 2019 12:26 AM

r121 Holy crap, that's BAD.

by Anonymousreply 122May 29, 2019 12:30 AM

Sharon and Alaska must be on drugs again

by Anonymousreply 123May 29, 2019 1:03 AM

If you're not following Asia O'Hara, you're not doing drag. She's so fucking funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 29, 2019 2:34 AM

I. Love. Him. Silky is not for everyone - he's extra special though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 29, 2019 4:34 AM

R124 meh, I hate fake Asia and her attempted mothering.

by Anonymousreply 126May 29, 2019 4:43 AM

^ Obviously Asia's shade went over your head R126.

by Anonymousreply 127May 29, 2019 4:58 AM

Oh please, she's not smart enough for subtlety. No, it was just transparent and stupid. She was one of those people who thinks they're wise just because they had some shit happen to them and boy did she ham that up.

In her defense most of the other queens were dumber than her so she probably did seem wise to them.

by Anonymousreply 128May 29, 2019 5:12 AM

Meh. Boring queen with boring things to say until it’s a self pitying tantrum. She wasn’t making as much as Aquaria at booking (because she sucks) so she called the “majority of the fans” racists.

And she was such a bitter loser after her desperate stunt bombed at the finale, covering herself from head to toe in Black for interviews and sitting there silently.

She’s rightly being forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 129May 29, 2019 6:13 AM

You're out of touch gramps at R129.

by Anonymousreply 130May 29, 2019 6:31 AM

You have shit taste in queens at R130

by Anonymousreply 131May 29, 2019 6:55 AM

Ah, it's the "Gramps" troll. Nothing you want to say about your icon The Vixen while you're at it?

by Anonymousreply 132May 29, 2019 4:32 PM

RPDR has idol like contracts now, where the show gets a piece of everything the queens do post show.

by Anonymousreply 133May 29, 2019 4:45 PM

R133 so it’s like selling their souls to the devil

by Anonymousreply 134May 29, 2019 5:36 PM

Devil already got mine.

by Anonymousreply 135May 29, 2019 5:52 PM

Beautiful, creative, funny, bitchy, beloved, gorgeous, inspirational top 5 queen of all time - Manila Luzon!! And Brooke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 30, 2019 2:38 AM

Most of the fans are racist and I'd be pissed if I was being outbooked by a barely sentient clothes rack like Aquaria too.

by Anonymousreply 137May 30, 2019 2:44 AM

Racists usually don't watch shows with black hosts and predominantly black casts. The fact that you're drinking the Kool-Aid of someone so transparently manipulative shows what a low IQ individual you are, in addition to your complete lack of taste about what constitutes good drag and wit.

You may think Aquaria is a barely sentient clothes rack, but people clearly are willing to spend money to see her. They aren't with Asia. Facts are facts.

by Anonymousreply 138May 30, 2019 3:10 AM

Asia is the host, does the staging and is the second billed star performer of the Werq The World Tour. They started in Asia, then on to Australia, just completed 30 shows in Europe and are now on the North American leg of the tour before they travel to Latin America. Aquaria did some of the shows too. Asia is a huge success, making that money and spreading glamor and love. Her instagram is a favorite and she's loved and respected by all her peers. Asia is not my favorite Drag Queen, but she's a total professional and former Miss Gay America. Extremely successful with the fans and essential to the Werq the World tour. She's been around and she'll be around a lot longer than Aquaria. R138 is nuts and a known racist who trolls this thread. Ignore the insane old man.

The drag race fandom IS most certainly racist. Everyone knows this and says so, including most of the white queens. There is no kool-aid to consume. Facts are Facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 30, 2019 3:31 AM

Crunch, crunch

Munch, munch

Stacy Layne Matthews has a hunch

That Silky Nutmeg Ganache is the best of the bunch

by Anonymousreply 140May 30, 2019 3:35 AM

It's very easy to verify Asia's post drag race popularity and success. She hosts the damn show, moron @ R138.

by Anonymousreply 141May 30, 2019 4:04 AM

2018 tour dates for Asia O'Hara. Around the World. She's still touring now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 30, 2019 4:08 AM

Video example of R141.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 30, 2019 4:11 AM

Yvie FTW!!!

by Anonymousreply 144May 30, 2019 4:23 AM

Who’s your Fuck, Marry, Kill this season? Fuck: Kahanna Marry: Scarlet Kill: Silky (just to shut her up)

by Anonymousreply 145May 30, 2019 4:28 AM

Kill: the Asia promoter and "everyone watching this show is racist / Gramps" Queen

by Anonymousreply 146May 30, 2019 4:37 AM

How many dee-vices do you post from R146? You're a racist, not everyone. Gramps.

by Anonymousreply 147May 30, 2019 4:42 AM

Lol I love how you assume we're all the same person. I guess it's easier in your little mind to pretend that only one person thinks you're a fool rather than the multiple people in this thread who think you should kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 148May 30, 2019 4:44 AM

No. I KNOW that you're the same person. As does everyone else here. Now shoo.

by Anonymousreply 149May 30, 2019 4:48 AM

I'm not R146. More than one person finds you obnoxious on this thread. If you think I'm going on device after device to come for you, you're delusional. The kind of delusional that calls someone a "known racist" because they're rolling their eyes at your over-the-top stanning for below-average queens, and the kind of delusional that thinks this is an example of drag excellence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 30, 2019 4:53 AM

R138 is R146 is R150. Ancient white racist F@G. With the failed penile implant.

by Anonymousreply 151May 30, 2019 4:59 AM

Such "woke" language!

by Anonymousreply 152May 30, 2019 5:00 AM

How big of an imbecile do you have to be to call someone "racist" for saying nothing racially inappropriate, while (in the same sentence) calling them the nastiest homophobic slur possible?

Go back to Reddit. They love garbage queens there. This is a site for people with intelligence and taste. Not people who, when called out on their shit, resort to calling them racist, "Gramps", or a f@g.

You can think I'm all the other posters for all I give a shit. You clearly have zero self-awareness or insight into the way you come across to other people. You've proven yourself to be a despicable and hypocritical joke who doesn't deserve another minute of my time. Enjoy your F&F for the homophobic slur. You're on silent now, just like I'm sure you are IRL with the people around you.

by Anonymousreply 153May 30, 2019 5:10 AM

What I find fascinating by the lazy "Gramps" insult that gets thrown around here on the regular is that, do the ones using it expect to stay young forever? On a long enough timeline, everyone gets old and dies.

And as we see here, the ones who use the insult are the same ones that would go into a blinding rage if anyone else dared to use a racial insult, for instance. As that's literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 154May 30, 2019 6:08 AM

The “Gramps” Troll, and his favorite insult, ade incredibly stupid because if he’s young and posting on here...it’s within the realm of possibility the people he’s saying it to add young as well.

But this is someone whose proven to be a very, very low IQ individual.

by Anonymousreply 155May 30, 2019 6:32 AM

My favorite is Alyssa Edwards. How is she in person?

by Anonymousreply 156May 30, 2019 6:57 AM

No doubt the best Werq The World cast to date, included Alyssa Edwards. She is chronically late and a real life DIVA. Katya and Trixie have both said unkind things about Alyssa in terms of having to work with her, but she's definitely one of a kind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 30, 2019 7:04 AM

Love and light from Silky Ganache.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 30, 2019 7:34 AM

So is the finale on tonight or next week?

by Anonymousreply 159May 30, 2019 11:14 AM

Tonight.

by Anonymousreply 160May 30, 2019 1:40 PM

Thanks, I couldn't wait another week. I don't think I'm rooting strongly for anyone in particular but I'm still excited for the sheer pageantry of it all.

I just wish we could start watching the UK version next week. God, I'm so ready for that one.

by Anonymousreply 161May 30, 2019 1:49 PM

Dang, some of you are ANGRY. If you can't hold in your bile, at least learn to throw shade like a true queen instead of shrieking lazy insults at each other. R136 knows how it's done.

by Anonymousreply 162May 30, 2019 1:55 PM

Munch munch! Crunch crunch!

Highlights of our new queen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 30, 2019 2:48 PM

R158, Silky's message is so powerful and true. I really hope she wins tonight. She has the potential to be the new Oprah if she plays her cards right.

by Anonymousreply 164May 30, 2019 4:14 PM

Lol the new Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 165May 30, 2019 4:47 PM

Reverend Doctor Silky Nutmeg Ganache loves you, baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 30, 2019 7:38 PM

Sneak peek with the opening runway.

Love Shuga doing two express reveals. Kahanna's thing almost collapsing on her head... gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 30, 2019 8:30 PM

Cheyenne Jackson explains the rules. Without pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 30, 2019 8:49 PM

r168 What a visual!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 30, 2019 8:54 PM

JFC, who does Vanjie have in her corner? Someone lied to her about that print catsuit. Several times.

by Anonymousreply 170May 30, 2019 9:00 PM

Yeah, that print catsuit is not stunning at all. And the veneers look so fake; I liked her previous teeth better. A lot of the personality has gone out of her face.

by Anonymousreply 171May 30, 2019 9:08 PM

I know? Everyone else looks fantastic and Vanjie wears that wig and catsuit? I know they have more money and time to get ready for the finale, but damn, Rajah, Shuga and Nina looked like different queens. In a very good way. Somebody hired a stylist. Get their number Vanjie.

by Anonymousreply 172May 30, 2019 9:08 PM

She looks like the first one eliminated!

Ra'Jah is another one who underwhelmed me. Also, those cheers are edited; apparently barely anyone cheered for her when she came out.

by Anonymousreply 173May 30, 2019 9:14 PM

Ra'Jah is someone that's so mediocre, it's still a bit of a wonder how she lasted so long. Scarlet should not have been sent home over her. At least Mercedes, as uninspiring as she was, had her meme-worthy moment with 'opulence', what did/does Ra'Jah have?

Vanjie getting the fillers and veneers just seems so... conformist. And disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 174May 30, 2019 9:20 PM

Scarlet's reaction looks like she got a bigger response than they showed her getting. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 175May 30, 2019 9:20 PM

Scarlet is delusional, though the lights are kinder to her at the finale compared to her fat tranny man look at the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 176May 30, 2019 9:41 PM

Vanjie did not need either fillers OR those horrible veneers that look like blinding white dentures. Her teeth were fine. Her face was adorable both as a man and as a woman. Looks like a different person now. Conformist and disappointing are two perfect words. One more: unnecessary. I don't think Brooke was a good influence on Vanjie.

by Anonymousreply 177May 30, 2019 9:43 PM

Brooke sometimes gives me a weird vibe. Like she’s really smart and knows how to express herself in a way that doesn’t reveal her ugly nature.

I kind of do think she used Vanjoie...

by Anonymousreply 178May 30, 2019 9:47 PM

[Quote] Scarlet is delusional, though the lights are kinder to her at the finale compared to her fat tranny man

I didn't know Scarlet was dating Silky.

by Anonymousreply 179May 30, 2019 9:48 PM

I wouldn't blame Vanjie's procedures on BLH. It's the culture, especially derived from the hip hop/street aesthetic (Lil Kim, Nicki Minaj, Cardi B).

Of course, that's not Pearl's background but ... he got big, hideous veneers as well. I think Blair has as well. I couldn't put up with the resulting slight speech impediment.

by Anonymousreply 180May 30, 2019 9:53 PM

Vangie ain’t nobody victim, baby!

by Anonymousreply 181May 30, 2019 9:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 30, 2019 9:57 PM

I'll say it again, Silky is someone special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 30, 2019 10:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 30, 2019 10:36 PM

Watching now. I don't mind the catsuit, but it is so depressing to see imposter-Vanjie. You can see those fake fucking teeth from space. Not cute anymore.

by Anonymousreply 185May 31, 2019 1:08 AM

Brooke leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Evie is an asshole. Don't get me started on Silky. I'm rooting for the dark horse who really did improve throughout the show: A'keria Davenport. It think it will be her lip sync to lose between her and Evie, who will probably pull out her bag of tweaky joint tricks.

by Anonymousreply 186May 31, 2019 1:16 AM

Stonewall lesson! So many brave souls died that day...

by Anonymousreply 187May 31, 2019 1:18 AM

Oh Brooke you fucking liar. Ballet wasn't hard on your body, your body was hard on ballet.

by Anonymousreply 188May 31, 2019 1:19 AM

I can't believe some we have demented Silky fangurl. Give it a rest dear, no one else was being as annoying as you about who would be their choice for winner.

by Anonymousreply 189May 31, 2019 1:21 AM

“I can't believe some we have demented..”

Have another drink, dear.

by Anonymousreply 190May 31, 2019 1:23 AM

Is ru having a stroke or working up to his Bette Davis impression

by Anonymousreply 191May 31, 2019 1:23 AM

Who is the Silky fan?

by Anonymousreply 192May 31, 2019 1:23 AM

It's Evie's to lose, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 193May 31, 2019 1:25 AM

Erm, was that Héloïse fucking Letissier I saw in the preview?!

by Anonymousreply 194May 31, 2019 1:25 AM

Evie will probably get the sympathy win. Snore.

by Anonymousreply 195May 31, 2019 1:28 AM

If Silky Nutmeg Ganache wins it will be an insult for the ages to Delta Work, Darienne Lake, Ginger Minj, Latrice Royale and other plus sized and plus sized adjacent queens who have appeared on Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 196May 31, 2019 1:33 AM

r196 Perfectly stated.

by Anonymousreply 197May 31, 2019 1:35 AM

Who is this singing? Underwhelming is being gentle.

by Anonymousreply 198May 31, 2019 1:36 AM

Calm down R196. It's a reality competition drag show. If Silky wins, the only thing it will mean is that Silky won. Nothing more and nothing less and no great commentary on the art of drag.

by Anonymousreply 199May 31, 2019 1:37 AM

r198 You have really poor taste, she was singing the shit out of that song, which is one of the worst ones to be sung live, at that.

by Anonymousreply 200May 31, 2019 1:39 AM

So who was it r200? Got a name to fork over?

She was singing over a track, big fucking deal.

by Anonymousreply 201May 31, 2019 1:40 AM

This finale is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 202May 31, 2019 1:40 AM

Oh, god, imagine seeing that shouting at you on the street.

by Anonymousreply 203May 31, 2019 1:42 AM

Vanjie is getting a show of some sort in the near future, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 204May 31, 2019 1:43 AM

Yvie is such a handsome guy out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 205May 31, 2019 1:46 AM

Evie and Brook have zero sense of humor. What bores.

by Anonymousreply 206May 31, 2019 1:47 AM

Yvie’s dad is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 207May 31, 2019 1:49 AM

Wow, Yvie's dress and makeup is kinda amazing tonight.

by Anonymousreply 208May 31, 2019 1:49 AM

Yes, his dad is indeed a sexy man.

by Anonymousreply 209May 31, 2019 1:51 AM

If kimora Blac has taught us anything, it’s that you don’t have to do well or stay long on the show. As long as you are in commuting distance of the show, you can appear as a “legend” every opportunity you get.

by Anonymousreply 210May 31, 2019 1:52 AM

They shouldn’t have aired that Vanjie segment. She just blew the top four out of the water in the personality department.

by Anonymousreply 211May 31, 2019 1:53 AM

[Quote] wins it will be an insult for the ages to Delta Work,

LOL! Delta was never in the running compared to the other 3. Delta is just an okay queen. Plus, she a horrible person outside of drag. Yes, I know.

by Anonymousreply 212May 31, 2019 1:55 AM

Vanjie was really fun in that. I loved the rapport with the cute guy she was shameless over. Bitch knows how to have a good time without making other people feel embarrassed or stupid. I hope all of this doesn't go to her head.

by Anonymousreply 213May 31, 2019 1:56 AM

Smart pick Silky. I do think they should have to spin the wheel for all contestants.

by Anonymousreply 214May 31, 2019 1:58 AM

Why do we think she chose Brooke?

by Anonymousreply 215May 31, 2019 1:59 AM

Because Brooke has all of the personality of a cold turd.

by Anonymousreply 216May 31, 2019 2:00 AM

Silky has three wigs under that, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 217May 31, 2019 2:01 AM

On pointe, of course...SNORE.

by Anonymousreply 218May 31, 2019 2:01 AM

Fuck me those are some ugly wigs Silky has on.

by Anonymousreply 219May 31, 2019 2:02 AM

The cameraman or editor ignored Silky flopping around onstage. Brooke looks like a Star.

by Anonymousreply 220May 31, 2019 2:05 AM

Finally, we are rid of Silky!

by Anonymousreply 221May 31, 2019 2:07 AM

Yvie’s got the season now.

by Anonymousreply 222May 31, 2019 2:08 AM

Well, I can't stand either of them, so I don't care that much, but hopefully Brook is going to be a runner up. No crown for him.

Come on A'keria!

by Anonymousreply 223May 31, 2019 2:08 AM

A'Keria already missing the words right out of the gate.

by Anonymousreply 224May 31, 2019 2:10 AM

That dress is severely limiting Yvie's ability to dance.

by Anonymousreply 225May 31, 2019 2:11 AM

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 226May 31, 2019 2:11 AM

Yvie fucked it up completely but of course she gets to stay.

by Anonymousreply 227May 31, 2019 2:12 AM

Total bullshit, she performed so well. He just looked like a methy muppet.

by Anonymousreply 228May 31, 2019 2:12 AM

Yvie!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 229May 31, 2019 2:12 AM

Yvie was saved mainly by A'Keria forgetting the words or being too nervous to get them right.

by Anonymousreply 230May 31, 2019 2:14 AM

Great, I hate both of the final two. I think Brooke is way too "I've got this", so on that alone, I am rooting for Yvie, though I think the fix is in for her to win anyway.

by Anonymousreply 231May 31, 2019 2:14 AM

Does anyone know if the "I own all of you for x years" contract is for all of the contestants of the season, or just the final four? If it is just the final four, Vanjie dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 232May 31, 2019 2:17 AM

Nina West - one win we can all agree on.

by Anonymousreply 233May 31, 2019 2:18 AM

True, Nina deserved that totally.

by Anonymousreply 234May 31, 2019 2:19 AM

What a shitty song choice for a lip sync for the crown. There’s no bridge, no crescendo. It’s the same beat throughout. Doesn’t give the queens anything to work with.

I really liked Akeria, but she didn’t even try in this. As much as Yvie was an inconsiderate dick, she did win this fair and square.

by Anonymousreply 235May 31, 2019 2:22 AM

I’m glad Nina’s speech didn’t have a Debra Messing-esque political diatribe. She’s the human equivalent of a tryhard straight white guy wearing a Love is Love t-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 236May 31, 2019 2:24 AM

I hope they both fucking lose, and in a massive twist, Ru gives it to Vanjie (or someone else, maybe Ru herself!) Though even without winning, Vangie is probably second in popularity of Drag Race contestants only to Bianca. I can't name half of the winners from past seasons, so this was/is likely the best outcome for her.

by Anonymousreply 237May 31, 2019 2:25 AM

Yeah, R238. And it’s also smart because they can milk a watchable All Stars season out of her.

by Anonymousreply 238May 31, 2019 2:26 AM

Oh god, Brooke is impersonating Erika fucking Jayne.

Yvie why didn't you move more? What the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 239May 31, 2019 2:29 AM

To be fair, Yvie did do a backflip in a fucking dress.

by Anonymousreply 240May 31, 2019 2:30 AM

OK, I'm good with this, though like I said I hate both of them. Fix was in, but FUCK YOU BROOKE!

I hope Vangie is happy as fuck with this outcome.

by Anonymousreply 241May 31, 2019 2:31 AM

Literally the worst queen of S11 just won. Yuck.

Soju and all the rest were robbed!

by Anonymousreply 242May 31, 2019 2:32 AM

If Yvie dies of her disease does Brooke Lynn get the crown?

by Anonymousreply 243May 31, 2019 2:33 AM

R243, no, Coco Montrese does.

by Anonymousreply 244May 31, 2019 2:35 AM

So Yvie won? Drag Race really doesn't care about track record anymore. I mean Brooke won 3 challenges and Yvie has won one.

Fine by me, I find Brooke boring.

by Anonymousreply 245May 31, 2019 2:36 AM

I’m really impressed with Yvie’s final lip sync. It was basically what teenage fans pretend that Sasha’s rose petal gimmick was but wasn’t. That was an incredibly theatrical outfit. And I respected the fuck out of her for standing there and lip syncing the fucking song instead of a bunch of stunts, gimmicks, and death drops.

by Anonymousreply 246May 31, 2019 2:38 AM

Jesus is Silky a big sloppy pig. 💩🐽

by Anonymousreply 247May 31, 2019 2:39 AM

Maybe RuPaul is trying to kill the show. Imagine how awful next year’s winner will be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 31, 2019 2:48 AM

It would’ve looked weird if she didn’t crown her, R248. Love or hate her personality, she kicked ass this episode. Out of the top four, she was the only one doing something different.

Blame casting or the severely dimished talent pool of eligible candidates left.

by Anonymousreply 249May 31, 2019 2:54 AM

I like this outcome. Nina West is the epitome of Miss Congeniality - every drag queen on the circuit loves her to death and we could see every week this season why they love her. Evie is one of a kind and totally up former club queen RuPaul's alley. I loved the fact the were no "reveals" - which in recent seasons seem to have been the key to the crown. That final headpiece was amazing and referenced back to her three boobed gown from the prior episode. Brava Evie!

by Anonymousreply 250May 31, 2019 2:55 AM

That headpiece with the eyes in the back WAS the reveal! Did you not watch the show?

Also, it’s spelled Yvie.

Her fans are really fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 251May 31, 2019 3:05 AM

Who do you think should’ve won, R251?

by Anonymousreply 252May 31, 2019 3:14 AM

I hope Ru brings back Silky for the next regular season, like he did for Eureka. Next season is going to be a bore without her.

by Anonymousreply 253May 31, 2019 3:20 AM

Good for Yvie.

by Anonymousreply 254May 31, 2019 3:21 AM

Yvie's final look was very cool. Her best all season for sure.

Aquaria looked like she walked right out of a computer screen / photoshop. It was quite impressive.

by Anonymousreply 255May 31, 2019 4:07 AM

Yvie has a hot dad. He pings when he spoke, too!

by Anonymousreply 256May 31, 2019 4:20 AM

Yvie's dad can GET IT.

by Anonymousreply 257May 31, 2019 4:46 AM

You noticed that too, R256? No wonder they only aired one sentence of his. And no wonder he is so supportive of Yvie's drag career.

by Anonymousreply 258May 31, 2019 4:53 AM

R255, Aquaria looked beautiful but her outfit looked incomplete. It would’ve been nicer if it lead down into a gown of some sort. So sick of the body suits and leotards.

by Anonymousreply 259May 31, 2019 5:34 AM

I'm glad Yvie won. She's sort of like the drag lovechild of Sharon Needles and Sasha Velour. Season 11 was rather mediocre and filled with B-grade queens. Even Brooke Lynn Hytes probably would have been a middling performer on the earlier seasons, but given the weak and mostly forgettable competition, she she really shined. Vanjie is already a full fledged character and will probably kept very busy by World of Wonder for many years to come. She definitely didn't need to win a challenge or the crown, as she has already won the true prize as the breakout star of this season (and of last season). Silky will probably end up on a future All Stars season.

I still don't get Monet X Change's AS4 win. She has personality plus, but her drag looks are always a minus and I hate those short hairstyle wigs she wears on her large, manly head. Proportionally, her looks are always off.

by Anonymousreply 260May 31, 2019 5:48 AM

Brook was so fucking busy kicking and jumping she lost herself. Yvie kicked her ass.

by Anonymousreply 261May 31, 2019 5:55 AM

Brook's big reveal under the Here Comes The Reveal cape was...a body suit. A sparkly mirrored body suit, but still.... It's like she threw the competition.

by Anonymousreply 262May 31, 2019 6:07 AM

Yvie, Monet, Aquaria, Sasha. How long has it been since there's been a deserving winner? Yes I know Trinity won too, but she wasn't as good on All Stars as she was in her season. So Bob and Violet were the last talented winners? Nah, that's kind of stretching it too. I guess you have to go all the way back to Bianca in season 6.

Yvie is not a deserving winner, though her outfit was fantastic. She's as funny as Sasha Velour and twice as obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 263May 31, 2019 6:28 AM

R263 Aquaria is quite possibly the best winner of all, she's certainly the most versatile and well-rounded in terms of the variety of performance skills in her toolbox, suggesting that she is not talented is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 264May 31, 2019 6:33 AM

I've seen Aquaria perform. A few times. She isn't talented. She knows fashion references. That's not a talent. No one thinks of Aquaria as talented but her teen fans.

by Anonymousreply 265May 31, 2019 6:42 AM

Not R263, but no one is denying Aquaria is talented. But she is quite far from “the best winner of all”

She can barely string a sentence together without stumbling over her words. A drag queen’s job is to be on a mic.

The honor would go to Bianca with Sharon in second position, if only because she forever altered the notion of what drag is and brought an entirely new audience to the show.

by Anonymousreply 266May 31, 2019 6:42 AM

Bianca, Jinkx, Sharon.

Aquaria is somewhere in the bottom half of the 140 queens who have competed.

by Anonymousreply 267May 31, 2019 6:45 AM

Monet has the honor of being the worst and least deserving winner of all time.

by Anonymousreply 268May 31, 2019 6:49 AM

Seasons 4, 5, and 6 were the peak of Drag Race. It’s all been downhill since then.

by Anonymousreply 269May 31, 2019 6:50 AM

Queens and consorts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 31, 2019 7:07 AM

Yvie's "Free Britney" panties didn't get the close up they deserved. The freeze frame showed them clearly. I think she will be an amazing winner. No one else like her.

by Anonymousreply 271May 31, 2019 7:24 AM

this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 31, 2019 7:34 AM

Can we talk about the non-reaction in the room when Monet walked on stage?

by Anonymousreply 273May 31, 2019 7:36 AM

Monet looked like shit.

by Anonymousreply 274May 31, 2019 7:53 AM

Yvie looked like shit too. She's an ugly woman. One head is plenty.

by Anonymousreply 275May 31, 2019 7:59 AM

R266 Firstly, calling Aquaria untalented is exactly what R263 does. Secondly, it really all depends on what you want from a Drag performer. As much as I like Bianca her schtick could have been presented at any time since the 1960's. She is, as she says herself, an old-school insult comic who happens to be wearing a dress, whilst on her season she was always efficient and super-polished but never surprising. If that's what you want from a Drag queen then great, she's the best. Personally, I want the gasp-factor that I can find in Violet's fashions, Aquaria's performance skills or Sasha's theatricality. Sharon will always be the most iconic winner for breaking the mould, but I would still contend that Aquaria is the best all-round performer.

by Anonymousreply 276May 31, 2019 8:26 AM

I REALLY hope that Vanjie doesn't do All-Stars. She couldn't get any more popular, and would likely only go down from here as she is already on the cusp of overexposure. She's making a ton of money on her tours as it is, she not only doesn't need it, I think it would be a downgrade.

by Anonymousreply 277May 31, 2019 9:11 AM

Last season’s “miss Vangie” meme annoyed me to the point of exhaustion.

I agree that Vangie was the best part of last night’s finale, and really the only part that captured my attention. Was the show hard to watch, or have I just overdoses on RPDR? All the people who have said the endless parade of seasons has ruined interest in the show...I am with you now. I need a long break.

I did love Aquaria’s phoenix costume. I fast forwarded through 70 percent of the show, bored and uninterested at every spot I landed on. The lip synch performances were kind of terrible, weren’t they? I know people hated the “tricks” of rose petals falling from gloves and wigs before, but at least there were surprises. All I saw last night were pirhouettes en pointe to pop music and lots of flailing arms and bending over backward.

by Anonymousreply 278May 31, 2019 10:13 AM

R201 Her name is Christene or Chris of Christene and The Queens. (Real name: Héloïse Adelaide Letissier) She sings in her native French and English. This performance on Graham Norton a few years ago put her on my radar and I've since seen her in a full live show, which I really enjoyed, but I can see how some can might get bored with the dancing. She threw in a bit of Celine when I saw her, so it was a A+++ night for me.

As for tonight's show, to quote Miss Congeniality, "MEH."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 31, 2019 10:15 AM

Christine and the Queens (I really hate names like this and Florence and the Machine et al. being applied just to a person and not a band....agh.) is, I believe, into guys but “queer” because she is a misfit and prefers an androgynous look. Her stage name comes from her mustering the courage to express herself in a more comfortable way after having gotten to know drag queens. She has said in interviews that RuPaul and Drag Race have inspired her pop career, and so I think it was kind of nice to see her on Drag Race. It’s unfortunate they didn’t interview her at all to give some context to how she relates.

She is talented. Her song “Tilted” was a big hit in Europe and France supposedly regards her as a major pop star on the level of Michael Jackson. (I don’t know how true that is, but the press she has gotten says this.) She writes her own music and produced her first album solo on a laptop computer. She has said she thinks she has a terrible singing voice, and so with that in mind I think she did a good job with last night’s performance. She’s much more of a pop star and eccentric personality and dancer than she is a stellar vocalist, but I do like her voice.

Drag Race really should have explained who she is and why they would have put her there. Unfortunately, just having her cover an autotuned RuPaul single wasn’t a good way to showcase her talents.

by Anonymousreply 280May 31, 2019 10:32 AM

Did anyone notice a few 'boos' when Monet appeared or was it just my wishful thinking?

by Anonymousreply 281May 31, 2019 10:52 AM

R281 Yeah I noticed that but I wasn't sure if they were 'boos' or 'woos'

by Anonymousreply 282May 31, 2019 11:00 AM

Could they have been moos?

by Anonymousreply 283May 31, 2019 11:05 AM

r280 I think she just goes by Chris these days. I agree that it was bizarre how she just appeared on the stage and then the camera kept cutting to her. I know this show isn't about her but that was unfair to her. I loved her rendition, personally. She gave it passion and infused it with her own story. Had no idea she was into Drag Race.

Did anyone else miss the postcards from famous people? Or was this season just so bad that no one bothered to call in?

by Anonymousreply 284May 31, 2019 11:44 AM

*I meant special messages, not postcards. Eurovision is still on my mind...

by Anonymousreply 285May 31, 2019 11:48 AM

R284 Yep, she is so inspired by RuPaul that TIME included him in her interview headline back in 2015. I think it was actually a missed opportunity for RuPaul not to at least talk to her for a couple of minutes so she could gush about how he inspired her career and flash this TIME headline up on the screen. That would have shown his influence all the way to France. But instead they just dressed her like a flamenco turkey who forgot to put on her pants and shoved her onto the stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 31, 2019 11:52 AM

Sorry for the bad quality but can someone tell me who this queen was?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 31, 2019 12:05 PM

You know what, I'd need name tags as I didn't recognize a full quarter of them.

by Anonymousreply 288May 31, 2019 12:07 PM

R287 That’s Pandora Boxx

by Anonymousreply 289May 31, 2019 12:13 PM

Daddy Oddley was HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 290May 31, 2019 12:13 PM

r289 WHAT?! She's one of my favourite queens ever and I didn't even recognise her, holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 291May 31, 2019 12:14 PM

I called out Daddy Oddley's BDF the moment his mug first appeared on Reddit. Does he orally have a gay voice? I always mute the family segments.

by Anonymousreply 292May 31, 2019 12:16 PM

*Does he [italic]really[/italic] have a gay voice, Jesus! I'll need to have a word with my autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 293May 31, 2019 12:17 PM

I thought Yvie Daddy sounded super gay. But his voice sounds like his son’s, which is to be expected.

I didn’t recognize most of the deag queens who paraded. Why in the world the producers didn’t subtitle them...well, why even bother asking at this point? The production of this show these days baffles me.

by Anonymousreply 294May 31, 2019 12:26 PM

Completely predictable, boring and safe finale. My problem with the show is they would have you believe that the Lsfyl is the true determining factor in selecting the winner, when the producers simply look at what “social media” wants and go with that.

Final lip sync comments:

I’ve never seen Sulky look so scared and timid. All her bravado was gone since she knew her lip syncs SUCKED and she had no chance of competing on that level. Good choice to select Brooke. Brooke’s outfit was boring but at least somewhat put together. Sulky kept revealing one messy look after another. Agree with the Brooke winning decision here.

Akeria actually acquitted herself nicely in this round. Her looks were nothing special, but her lip sync was professional and well done. Yvie just gave crazy face all the time and did her backbends. Meh. I think akeria should have won if we are only looking at lip sync. But the shows producers had long ago set in motion an Yvie winning narrative, so no surprise on who they selected as winner.

Final round. At least Yvies outfit was interesting. She waited far too long for her reveal of a .... light face? Ooooooh. Brooke was clinical, but her face was beat to the gods. Very boring lip sync that I guess you would have to say Yvie won?

by Anonymousreply 295May 31, 2019 1:30 PM

[quote]I’ve never seen Sulky look so scared and timid.

THIS! What happened? Might all that personality be just a front and she's actually a scared little rabbit underneath it all?

by Anonymousreply 296May 31, 2019 1:44 PM

[quote]Akeria actually acquitted herself nicely in this round. Her looks were nothing special, but her lip sync was professional and well done.

She didn't know the words, though, or at least wasn't in sync with them most of the time. So you can't call that a professional lip sync when the sync part is so off.

by Anonymousreply 297May 31, 2019 1:46 PM

Is it a knock-off or an homage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298May 31, 2019 3:08 PM

I feel bad for Silky. Yes she could be obnoxious and she got on my nerves, but there was nothing mean or malicious about her (I.e. Yvie, Rajah). She got dragged really fucking hard on social media. I’m not surprised she wasn’t confident going into the lip sync. She probably should’ve chose Akeria and given both of them a fighting chance to get to that final lip sync. But I think the producers told each and every one of the Top Four whom to pic if the wheel landed on them.

by Anonymousreply 299May 31, 2019 3:09 PM

Silky's choice of Brooke made no sense. She had challenged Yvie early in the season that if the two of them lip synced against each other, she would send Yvie home. And if she chose Akeria then it would guarantee that one of them would make it to the finals and one of the two 'top' contenders would have to be eliminated in the second lip sync. She really had no chance against Brooke.

by Anonymousreply 300May 31, 2019 3:18 PM

I love the show, but as far as reality competition shows go I really do think this one is the most producer manipulated, but on top of that it really all comes down to the whims of Ru. I think that wheel is rigged in some way and then the queens are encouraged to go in a certain direction.

by Anonymousreply 301May 31, 2019 3:23 PM

Did I miss something this season? Months before the season aired, there were articles teasing that there was going to be some major moment when Ru goes off severely to one of the contestants, and Michelle quipping in that it was classic Ru. Nothing major happened. What was the incident in particular they were referring to?

by Anonymousreply 302May 31, 2019 3:26 PM

Can you link to one of the articles? This is the first time I've heard of this. No one brought that up in any of the running threads here.

by Anonymousreply 303May 31, 2019 3:30 PM

r302 I seem to recall that as well. The Mandela Effect?

by Anonymousreply 304May 31, 2019 3:31 PM

I can't seem to find any of the articles about it anymore, but from what I recall, they referred to Michelle's comments on a podcast with her and Ru regarding season 11. It was some time last year.

by Anonymousreply 305May 31, 2019 3:41 PM

This was taped soon after Silky's awful lip sync aired. Of course she wasn't feeling great going into it.

by Anonymousreply 306May 31, 2019 3:44 PM

Silky is such a loser.....at least all of America loves her....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

She's a cow.

by Anonymousreply 307May 31, 2019 4:02 PM

Silkly said she gained 30 pounds during the filming. DO you know how many calories you have to eat to GAIN 30 pounds when you are that big to begin with? Let's be generous and say Silky weighs 300 pounds. That is BMR of 3500 calories. 30 pounds in 6 weeks is 5 pounds a week - she would have to eat almost 10K calories a day.

by Anonymousreply 308May 31, 2019 4:19 PM

She could do that sitting down.....and she did.

by Anonymousreply 309May 31, 2019 4:25 PM

If Silky had chosen Akeria, she would have made it to the final two. No way would Ru have sent boring Akeria to the finals.

I want to see Silky and Eureka on the next All-Stars together. There would be blood on the dance floor. That would be must-watch TV.

by Anonymousreply 310May 31, 2019 4:31 PM

Shangela was a on a McDonald's commercial. That is fucking awesome.

by Anonymousreply 311May 31, 2019 4:31 PM

r246 I could kiss you.

Every word you said.

Every. Word.

by Anonymousreply 312May 31, 2019 4:47 PM

Maybe it's different now, but isn't it known that the contestants aren't fed well during filming? Willam had talked about it. So how do you gain weight, let alone THAT much weight, in those circumstances?

by Anonymousreply 313May 31, 2019 4:54 PM

I seem to recall a vegetarian queen said there was almost nothing that she could eat. (Was that Willam?) I got the impression that there was plenty of food but limited options and very little that was healthy.

by Anonymousreply 314May 31, 2019 5:07 PM

Based on the lipsyncs, Yvie definitely won. I barely even noticed Akeria in her lipsync. Her outfit was too one note and dark; it didn't contrast at all with the background. It also made her reveal confusing -- the unveiled garment looked too similar. It was just such a sad reveal. And she couldn't even remember the words to such as simple song!?

Brooke's final lipsync was just so generic she stood no chance against Yvie. She needed to do something interesting to win it all -- not deliver an even blander version of herself. I don't know what she was even thinking with that performance.

by Anonymousreply 315May 31, 2019 5:58 PM

Brook needs to find other wigs. The long blonde wigs are tired. She's used them so many times.

by Anonymousreply 316May 31, 2019 6:06 PM

Yeah that thought crossed my mind during the final lip sync. Long blonde wigs are to be expected from her so it was disappointing that she didn't change that up.

by Anonymousreply 317May 31, 2019 6:30 PM

R316/R317 It did seem odd that, with so many months of preparation to consider what to bring and how to present herself, she just brought a watered down version of what everyone had already seen from her several times before. After the Brooke/Yvie lipsync on the show itself I had high expectations for the rematch, but, sadly, they weren't realised.

by Anonymousreply 318May 31, 2019 6:33 PM

Brook is a creature of habit. Look at all her looks. Bodysuits and blonde wigs. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 319May 31, 2019 6:35 PM

Sulky gave up the reveals too soon, like as soon as the song started! And the way she kept rolling around on the floor, like a sea cow. Not a good look, hun.

by Anonymousreply 320May 31, 2019 6:36 PM

Roscoe's RPDR S11 Finale Viewing Party with Trixie Mattel & Alyssa Edwards! LOVE BOTH GALS !!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 31, 2019 6:36 PM

The vegetarian queen that had to scrounge like the Darfur Orphan to get something to eat was Sharon Needles, R314.

by Anonymousreply 322May 31, 2019 6:37 PM

RuPaul's fallen a long way when he needs to imply Marsha P. Johnson was a transwoman who threw the first brick at Stonewall just to appease the usual suspects.

by Anonymousreply 323May 31, 2019 6:43 PM

Brooke is a pageant queen and a pretty shady one at that. I think she did use Vanjie for airtime, in a way that ending up hurting him a bit. Do you know that A'Keria makes all her own dresses, including the gold feathered and beaded gown and full on shades of blue and lavender bugle bead dress she wore this season? I realize she didn't deserve to win, but I'm glad she's going to make a lot of money for the next few years. Her mother and grandmother were adorable and she's got that 2 year old nephew to look after. She's very talented and shady in the right way. I really enjoy her. Plus she won that first lip sync against Yvie. Nobody lip syncs out of sync, they know it or don't. Post production fuckery. Yvie did nothing in the first round but stomp her virus boots.

Willam let is slip on Race Chasers 2 weeks ago who the final two were and that with some $$$ he hoped so see better work from Yvie. She's not going to contort herself to death every night. That was just for the competition and at great cost to her I'm sure. What else can she actually do?

by Anonymousreply 324May 31, 2019 6:46 PM

*hoped to see better work

by Anonymousreply 325May 31, 2019 6:49 PM

A'keria's intro package was so bad it was homophobic. Seriously did the editors hate her? Everyone else had a coherent package and hers just make her look dumb. You could tell from jump she wasn't the winner.

by Anonymousreply 326May 31, 2019 7:10 PM

its a fix

by Anonymousreply 327May 31, 2019 8:39 PM

It happened during All Stars 4, R302. They edited it out, just like they edited out an altercation between her and Gia Gunn. Ru’s PR is bad enough at the moment. They’re not going to risk their host and namesake getting “cancelled” with the amount of money the show is bringing in.

As far as Silky’s weigh gain, there’s no way that she could’ve possibly gained thirty pounds over the course of the season. It takes only two or three weeks to film the show. Even if she was scarfing down 10k calories a day, some of the challenges (like the Draglympics) were very physically demanding, not to mention standing on the runway for hours at a time. She probably got more exercise doing the show than she’d had in years.

What is more likely is that she’s gained a lot of weight since the previous time she weighed herself, and when she came home and stepped on the scale (probably curious if she’d lost weight), was shocked by the number, and attributed it to the show.

She either lost weight or, if she did gain weight, it was five or ten pounds max.

by Anonymousreply 328May 31, 2019 8:48 PM

So William ruined the ending just as he tries to ruin everything Ru does.

He’s a disgusting hater and always has something negative and/or immature and juvenile to complain about.

Why he is anything is a mystery. Not pretty or funny or witty or anyone that anybody would voluntarily spend anytime around him. He’s a brat and they only reason he ever got a gig because he was in the right place at the right time.

Never could be happy, even with the million opportunities that he has blown away with his defective personality.

by Anonymousreply 329May 31, 2019 8:55 PM

Did we see the video on FB of all 4 queens watching the finale ? Silk was bummed out! WOW!

by Anonymousreply 330May 31, 2019 8:57 PM

I was always surprised that Willam found as much success as he did as an actor, R329. His performance on Nip/Tuck was pretty cringey.

Then I found out his aunt is well-respected television director.

by Anonymousreply 331May 31, 2019 8:58 PM

Do you have a link, R330?

by Anonymousreply 332May 31, 2019 9:00 PM

R324 Brooke is probably like a lot of Canadians: sweet and bland while being passive aggressive and low-key shady.

by Anonymousreply 333May 31, 2019 9:06 PM

r332, I can never link anything on FB correctly. It never works for me. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 334May 31, 2019 9:10 PM

Yvie had it in the bag from the moment she was introduced. Brooke didn't really seem to understand the brief - from the moment she started with the toe shoes, it al seemed very tired. Yvie had the brains to stand still centre stage and give an actual performance while Brooke was leaping all about doing the splits and dead drops...without ever revealing anything about herself, other than her desire to win.

I liked all of the messaging. Yvie is the most inspirational of the four so good for her. I did rather like Silky just flopping centre stage like a walrus and the way she seemed to be lip synching the back up singers on Bootilicious. A'keria's mother and grandmother were lovely, and Daddy Oddley could GET IT.

by Anonymousreply 335May 31, 2019 9:18 PM

All I could think of with Sulky’s mom and grandma was “BAPS: 30 Years Later”

by Anonymousreply 336May 31, 2019 9:31 PM

R232 come to think of it, MtF trans taking credit for throwing the first brick at Stonewall actually just fits with the nature of the trans being more violent. I guess if they want to claim credit for that, bully for them?

by Anonymousreply 337May 31, 2019 9:37 PM

and cue the anti trans trolls.

by Anonymousreply 338May 31, 2019 9:38 PM

Oh, shut it r338.

by Anonymousreply 339May 31, 2019 9:39 PM

R332 Here is one I watched. Spoiler alert, they're at a mall. Random.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 31, 2019 11:28 PM

I'm not a fan of the finale because I know that they film multiple endings and that the reactions aren't real. I wish there was a way they could show the finale live like a Miss America pageant or remove the studio audience before the crowning.

by Anonymousreply 341May 31, 2019 11:39 PM

The Alaska, Jinkx and Roxxxy live reaction of who actually won Season 5 is legendary. Alaska behaved very badly. Before, during and after. She was the definition of an extreme sore loser. She jokes about it now of course.

Brooke Lynn had a great tweet last night, no doubt at the ready. She said, "I came in second - that's first in Canadian!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 31, 2019 11:53 PM

RuPaul had no problem looking for the dirt. Jinkx told all. It's funny because they are all so fucking RICH now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343May 31, 2019 11:56 PM

They better save that money. I saw this interview with Alaska in her house and it seemed extremely "oppalent"

I hope it's all bought and paid for, since she had a falling out with World of Wonder and there are fifteen new famous drag queens every year. The Alaska brand is diminishing by the second. The way she came across during All Stars sure won't help that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344June 1, 2019 12:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that's a neighbor's house or a set, concerned r344 🙄

by Anonymousreply 345June 1, 2019 12:18 AM

I hate the lip sync for the crown, but the right ones made it to the final two, for once. I wasn’t Yvie’s biggest fan, but she was fantastic on the finale. Her and Brooke were both phenomenal.

by Anonymousreply 346June 1, 2019 12:29 AM

R344. Lord, Alaska is far from my favorite - but she's extremely honest and thoughtful in that interview. So much clear talk about her drug use and straightforward assessments of her own behavior. No 12 step bullshit. The interviewer is a smart hottie too. He knows all things Drag Race but asks legitimate questions. He managed to humanize Willam previously.

I think some people don't know how wealthy the most in demand Ru alumni are becoming. Alaska, Bianca, Trixie, Adore and Shangela are all millionaires by now. Drag is expensive, but not for Alaska. She wears her "uniform." Custom made couture and Aquaria level fashion pretense is not her gig. Alaska is fucking rich. That's not his house. Are you kidding? YUK.

Also interesting because Alaska is asked about how his close friendship with Courtney and Willam are perhaps dangerous to his complete devotion to all things DRAG RACE. Cuz Ru hates those traitors.

by Anonymousreply 347June 1, 2019 12:42 AM

ALaska gets along with everyone. Ru likes her, Willam likes her, hell Courtney likes her. Everyone likes Alaska in the drag community. She is smart and funny and can sell a record on her own.

by Anonymousreply 348June 1, 2019 1:01 AM

Still have the finale on my dvr, but almost tempted to simply delete it since I'm in no rush to watch, which I haven't felt like in many seasons. Will probably watch it some time over the weekend if/when I'm bored and there's nothing else doing.

by Anonymousreply 349June 1, 2019 1:26 AM

Vangie was the best of that finale.

by Anonymousreply 350June 1, 2019 2:00 AM

I bet that Shangela and Bianca make over a million dollars a year. If you look at how much the top YouTube stars and influencers get for appearances, then I don't see how the top queens aren't making close to 7-figures annually.

by Anonymousreply 351June 1, 2019 2:03 AM

R347 you're high

by Anonymousreply 352June 1, 2019 1:30 PM

I like how Sulky declares on the red carpet that he is a "bit talent" with a "bit personality" and just wants folks to live up to their "autistic" potential......

by Anonymousreply 353June 1, 2019 2:51 PM

While this whole season was a bit of a mixed bag and the show is starting to feel like it needs an overhaul, I felt very happy with the ending. For the first time since bob won in Season 8, I felt like the clear front-runner and fan favorite won. Although have to say, I wish they would just drop the lip sync for the crown crap (which is clearly somewhat rigged) and go back to a top 3 with Ru announcing the winner.

by Anonymousreply 354June 1, 2019 7:58 PM

I'm satisfied with Yvie winning but she was far from the front runner r354, she only won one damn challenge. It's nothing like the Bob example who dominated his season.

by Anonymousreply 355June 1, 2019 8:12 PM

Agree r355, and Yvie wasn't the fan favorite either. It was Vanjie. (Nina West perhaps to a degree.)

by Anonymousreply 356June 1, 2019 8:57 PM

Yvie won't get half the work that Vanjie and Nina will get due to his difficult personality and creepy laugh. I think even Silky will get more work than Yvie.

The only queens who work all the time are the funny ones with great personalities. The creepy and fashion queens are forgotten about.

by Anonymousreply 357June 1, 2019 10:04 PM

Silky belonged on My 600lb Life. Personality and charisma only go so far...

by Anonymousreply 358June 1, 2019 10:18 PM

I think Yvie is a lot like Phi Phi in that they’re both talented drag queens, but come across terribly in reality TV. As long as Yvie continues to make interesting costumes and lip sync, she’ll have a re-evaluation and be successful.

But I think one of this WOW YouTube shows would be an awful idea for her.

by Anonymousreply 359June 1, 2019 11:38 PM

I'll say it until my dying day - I don't know how Silky made it to the finale other than manipulation by the show. Her looks were the least attractive among the final four and her lip sync was bad. I like a good reveal but they should be flawless and flow into the lip sync. It seemed all Silky was doing was *pause* "Hey, here's another outfit!" *pause* "And here's a wig!" *pause and repeat*. Same with the drops - they should be a part of the overall routine, not just something to perform and then struggle to get back into the routine. As mentioned above, it seems somewhat telling that the cameras were on Brooke most of the time while not capturing Silky.

by Anonymousreply 360June 1, 2019 11:47 PM

Silky gained another hundred pounds after carrying the whole season on her shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 361June 1, 2019 11:52 PM

[quote]I don't know how Silky made it to the finale other than manipulation by the show.

The reason why Silky made it to the end is because she gets a reaction. She gets people talking. From what I've seen people either love or or hate her. No one is indifferent to her. That goes a long way in entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 362June 2, 2019 1:49 AM

[quote]I think Yvie is a lot like Phi Phi in that they’re both talented drag queens, but come across terribly in reality TV.

Yvie is outspoken but does not have any of the underlying bitterness that fueled Phi Phi. Ultimately Ru is drawn to oddballs, which he was himself back in the day. Yvie is oddball incarnate, and really quite likeable in a monstrous and geeky way. I see him as the direct descendant of Sharon and Jinxx, both of whom have been quite successful despite being rough around the edges during their seasns. If anyone on this season is the Phi Phi it's Silky Nutmeg Ganache, who was bitterness incarnate and way to fucking full of him(her)self. Silky made the final four solely because he was great reality TV. His performances in the competitions were one note (brash and stereo-typically ghetto), his runways were mostly tired and poorly constructed pageant drag, and his lip syncs were frankly pathetic - but he gave killer talking head.

by Anonymousreply 363June 2, 2019 3:14 AM

I stopped watching when SNG stayed and Nina West was eliminated. Totally lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 364June 2, 2019 4:51 PM

How rich are these queens, actually? Does anyone have actual facts?

by Anonymousreply 365June 2, 2019 5:08 PM

Well I’m glad Yvie won. She looked fantastic (in a weird, disquieting way) in the last lip sync.

I didn’t care for Brooklyn’s reveal. I mean, a cape that said “reveal” on it?? Then that mirrored body suit? Yuck.

Glad Nina West won Miss Congeniality. Aquaria looked fantastic.

Most of the eliminated queens looked stunning as well. I plotzed at Plastique Tiara’s look, incredible.

by Anonymousreply 366June 2, 2019 5:56 PM

Nope, but I am sure Bianca is the richest queen from the show r365.

She has been doing successful one man comedy tours around the world since her season.

by Anonymousreply 367June 2, 2019 6:00 PM

Am I the only one that thought that Brook, who was fantastic, should have had a few more reveals than just the coat that said “reveal?” She could have made that act much more amazing if she did.

by Anonymousreply 368June 2, 2019 6:20 PM

More reveals is not what Brooke needed r368, she needed to focus on selling the song which is what Yvie did.

by Anonymousreply 369June 2, 2019 6:32 PM

[quote]Nope, but I am sure Bianca is the richest queen from the show [R365].

[quote]She has been doing successful one man comedy tours around the world since her season.

Bianca was scheduled to perform at London's Wembley Stadium (or she might have done so already). That is definitely bringing in the big money.

by Anonymousreply 370June 3, 2019 12:59 AM

I am also really curious how much they all make. I don't think Adore is starving. She tours her ass off, *and* she's had a number of club hits. Those royalties add up, especially with a songwriter credit. My boss is a musician, though not a super well known one, and he makes an average of 50k a month just in streaming alone, and he doesn't even tour. Touring is where the real money is. I'm sure Bianca is making a fucking fortune even without any money coming in from music. FYI, Wembly is coming up in September.

I found this post funny...and true

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 3, 2019 2:39 AM

Adore claims she lost 3 million to her management so There is def money to be made. Being on Drag Race your booking fee goes way up. Instagram account blows up, youtube followers. Some of the queens band together and tour on a group card. Even the lower ranked queens probably see a 100-200K a year pull from drag race.

by Anonymousreply 372June 3, 2019 2:29 PM

[Quote] London's Wembley Stadium

Wembley Arena is where she's playing.

by Anonymousreply 373June 3, 2019 4:46 PM

r373 is one jealous fucking queen. Let it go, and let Bianca have her fucking time in the sun that you will never, ever see you dim cunt.

by Anonymousreply 374June 3, 2019 5:47 PM

Here you go r374 / Bipolar mental case / hon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375June 3, 2019 5:53 PM

What is your point r375?

by Anonymousreply 376June 3, 2019 5:56 PM

Exactly. You're welcome, r376 / Bipolar mental case.

by Anonymousreply 377June 3, 2019 5:58 PM

I'm not whoever is talking above, but Wembley Stadium seats 90,000 people whereas Wembley Arena seats 12,500.

That's still a huge number to see a drag queen!

by Anonymousreply 378June 3, 2019 6:03 PM

r378 Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 379June 3, 2019 6:07 PM

[Quote] That's still a huge number to see a drag queen!

Yes it is and good for her.

All I was stating was the difference between a stadium and the arena. Bipolar mental case doesn't know the difference apparently.

by Anonymousreply 380June 3, 2019 6:07 PM

r379 / bipolar mental case, it's laughable you're calling me a dim cunt. What a fucktard you are. DUH!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 381June 3, 2019 6:09 PM

Bianca seems to work constantly. That bitch has definitely made the most of her win.

by Anonymousreply 382June 4, 2019 2:12 AM

Trinity K Bonet performed as Whitney on Ellen today. She did a good job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 4, 2019 7:12 AM

Here’s Shuga Cain doing blackface again. I really don’t get it. In a season where Brooke Lynn Hytes had to apologize for standing in a picture with someone wearing too much bronzer, and Asian Plastique was told she wasn’t allowed to play...Asian people, this talentless nothing keeps getting a free pass for doing far more offensive shit with a culture she’s not even a part of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384June 4, 2019 5:34 PM

How was that blackface r384? That's her natural color. She's El Salvadoran, Spanish and Native American. Watch the season, she is not a pale person. Just because she sounds like a Jersey Shore Italian doesn't mean she is one.

by Anonymousreply 385June 5, 2019 1:29 AM

I fucking hate Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 386June 5, 2019 1:49 AM

I hate Andy Cohen, dislike Shuga Cain and resent that FAKE blaccent. He's one who won't get too far. He's about 50 years old and hasn't a natural instinct in his personality. Lady has nice makeup and expensive gowns that will pay for themselves over the next year. Still, Shuga resembles Penny Tration and Porkchop in overall talent. He would never make top 10 of a pageant - not sure how he did it on RPDR. Shuga is not funny, not fabulous, not talented. He's just a strange angel dude wearing a mature. dress. And yeah, he IS culturally insensitive too.

by Anonymousreply 387June 5, 2019 2:30 AM

Fucking hell, we are on a thread talking about motherfucking drag queens, and one of them is being called out as "culturally insensitive"? Seriously?

Where have all of these Frauey pearl clutchers come from, and can they please immediately return to their culturally sensitive homeland?

by Anonymousreply 388June 5, 2019 2:56 AM

Whoah! 387. Did Shuga cum in your mouth without warning or give you an STD? She has a pretty standard NYC area "growing up speaking both Spanish and English" accent.

by Anonymousreply 389June 5, 2019 2:58 AM

r389. Listen Hoe, the season is over. The dusty old man cum of shuga cain would never get near my body, never mind my mouth. That fake ass bitch is old and ugly. Nice makeup and expensive gitch. But we don't play that in my town. Bitch is a business man pretending to be someone different now. Nice that he was given time to play, though I'm not sure why myself. But the appropriation, fake accent, dark skin paint and weird ass attempt to be someone between Sofia Vergara and Louise Jefferson was FUCKED UP. Bitch is dumb and not liked.. At least Miss Kasha Davis was drunk when she decided to apply. Shuga is the very definition of shit you ancient whores call others out on all the time. I won't give what he does a name. I'm sure he's a very nice old lady. To the old white men here - he's just not "funny" enough. The rest of us have bigger problems with his presentation. I for one will tell him so when they come here in two weeks. I'll report back. I'm going to get Vanjies phone number. I've never set out to do that with anyone where I haven't succeeded. Ever. Maybe be that's why I can criticize Shuga Cain. I'm not 100 years old and I don't only know these bitches from TV.

by Anonymousreply 390June 5, 2019 3:21 AM

Jewel Colon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391June 5, 2019 3:26 AM

Well! R390 says he is going to get Vangie's number, so surely he must be an A-lister! Rich, successful, gorgeous, and most of all young. And for those of you doubters who don't believe anyone below 50 would make a Louise Jefferson reference, you are wrong! All the kids love Weezy!

by Anonymousreply 392June 5, 2019 5:36 AM

I don’t think any of us are clutching our pearls at uncouth behavior from a drag queen. It’s just shocking. The fan base loses their minds over everything. But why does she get a free pass for putting on dark skin bronzer and a fake blaccent to play Halle Berry when he isn’t black, but Brooke has to apologize for STANDING next to someone doing the same?

Shuga had nothing to offer her entire season. Yes, she was adept at makeup. But her impressive looks were courtesy of the big bucks from her old job and her designer boyfriend. She had ZERO talent and never offered a single authentic moment on the show. It was all that affected ghetto voice and every trite cliched Drag Race joke that was already played out in 2015.

Reddit has proven they have terrible taste in queens, so is this the logical conclusion? A computer algorithm has decided that Shuga is someone to stan and all the shit talented queens would get called out on for being “problematic” is suddenly overlooked for Queen Basic.

by Anonymousreply 393June 5, 2019 5:54 AM

I just saw her in the rerun. Mrs. Jefferson didn't weeze. Wanda Sykes played her. I am born in 1983, not sure why it matters. I know that Datalounge is filled with old white men but I always wished this thread would have more contribution from younger men who understand what is right and wrong with Drag Race. It's most apparent we are a few fun guys and one racist poster who starts the threads and posts under a few formats. I think he has Jussie Smollett threads going too? Anyway - Good day to you R392. I will get Vanjie's number, I always get what I want. The only other Drag Race contestant I wanted, I had for a long while...

I'm not an A lister but I am handsome, muscular, sexy ,tall and dark skinned. Successful enough everywhere I go. Thanks for the good wishes R 392. Maybe you've been holding on to this show for too long? I am opinionated but some here have never seen any of these people except on their screens. You can't really judge the cast's talent or ability to entertain by that. (I always think the same old men are Real Housewives fans- too invested in reality constructed personalities) I was only commenting on Shuga's pig rotten black/latin appropriation. Can't blame editing for that shit. Bitch is of latin background from Los Angeles. Most importantly, he is an old white businessman. GROSS personal display of trying to be someone more interesting than he is, with his fake speech and embarrassing demeanor.

Black is beautiful. A real latin man can compete. Not Shuga Cain't.

by Anonymousreply 394June 5, 2019 5:58 AM

SO my drag name Mo Lotto is not culturally correct?

by Anonymousreply 395June 5, 2019 3:02 PM

There is a freak on the loose in here. Good thing that the show is over because the anti-Suga troll has officially killed this thread.

by Anonymousreply 396June 5, 2019 3:17 PM

Let's talk about Silky - she sure didn't get much camera time....poor shrinking violet.

by Anonymousreply 397June 5, 2019 3:19 PM

The show is over.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 398June 5, 2019 3:32 PM

^Silky got exposed for being just all talk but a mess on her last couple of lip syncs.

by Anonymousreply 399June 5, 2019 3:32 PM

Oh God, the “Gramps” troll is back. He keeps posting idiotic, delusional things and when people respond, he thinks it’s it the same poster. When called out for really stupid things, he lashes out by calling us old and, in some cases, homophobic slurs.

Get off Datalounge. You’re out of your league. Go to Reddit. They love delusional idiots with victim complexes there.

I will give him this — Shuga is an awful Queen.

by Anonymousreply 400June 5, 2019 4:13 PM

Angry as the Shuga hater is, they are not wrong about the demographic here. There's a current thread discussing the woes of aging and it is an oasis of sympathy,empathy and understanding, no snark or bitchery whatsoever. For what it's worth ,Shuga's re-invention from corporate bod to sassy drag queen has not been entirely successful as it comes off as a construction. All drag queens construct themselves, but the good ones find something in themselves they can put a shine on, Shuga's queen persona seems inauthentic. Vangie isn't a very good drag queen but is a star because he is authentic, or is a very good fake, sadly Shuga is neither. Am intrigued to see what the UK version will be like. I am aware of some of the mooted contestants and they are rough as old boots, will be interested to see how they come across on the show.

by Anonymousreply 401June 5, 2019 6:28 PM

UK could be excellent. They haven’t exhausted the list of talented queens. I just hope they go for older, more unique queens. I’m not interested in a bunch of “This T is piping hot, gooped, gagged, mawma this mawma that” from people who started drag in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 402June 5, 2019 6:36 PM

[quote]Get off Datalounge. You’re out of your league.

It's true that I don't share your position in life gramps. Thankfully. You wouldn't be allowed in the same room as me anywhere BUT Datalounge. Get some rest pops.

by Anonymousreply 403June 5, 2019 9:30 PM

Ah! And back with the homophobic shit, I see.

Can’t wait to hear about Vanjie pepper spraying some ugly delusional idiot with a bad body.

by Anonymousreply 404June 6, 2019 1:46 AM

^ Would love to see that on YouTube!

by Anonymousreply 405June 6, 2019 1:49 AM

R400, about to take off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406June 6, 2019 1:55 AM

A more attractive version of R406 with a better body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407June 6, 2019 1:58 AM

I. Love. Pearl.

He's hilarious and creative and he doesn't need boring ass Ru fucking Paul Drag Race.

And he's a sleepy eyed fucked up boy who makes questionable life choices. A role model for one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 8, 2019 1:23 PM

Andy Cohen did one valuable thing...he befriended Anderson Cooper, and so we now know what kind of a person Anderson really is. He is possibly the most boring person on television, but given all the time he spends with Cohen, he absolutely must be a sex freak who likes barely legal boys and who noseguzzles coke by the truckload.

by Anonymousreply 409June 8, 2019 1:30 PM

r409 no that is Cohen - Cooper likes Latinos with big cocks. He doesn't do drugs but doesn't care if you do. Cohen is a vapid fame whore who now thinks he is A-List. Cooper even says so, when talking about how they were being set up on a date, Cooper says Cohen asked about his mother in the first five minutes of the call. Cooper knew they were not compatible - which means they are both bottoms, despite Cohen's claim of being a power top (I know a few people who have fucked Andy - he likes them 19-25 built and hung).

by Anonymousreply 410June 8, 2019 1:34 PM

R392, stop bodyslamming the deluded SJWs with wit and logic!

by Anonymousreply 411June 8, 2019 1:36 PM

R392? Wit? That's a low bar. Lower than his flapping old white ass.

by Anonymousreply 412June 8, 2019 1:40 PM

[quote]Cooper likes Latinos with big cocks

Great taste - that's the best cock on the planet, I always say. And I get queasy just thinking about Cohen having sex, he's so repulsive to me.

by Anonymousreply 413June 8, 2019 1:41 PM

Don't matter what he wears or how fabulous his outfits are. Aquaria is still just a skinny homely boy. Wearing clothes is a small talent. His only one. Can't wait to see the Werq the World series though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 8, 2019 10:15 PM

Love em or hate em, Vulture got this list right. Drag Queens are big business and the top 20 are correct. Nice to see that Monet isn't one of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 10, 2019 8:14 PM

Not everyone is happy about that list. Drag Queens love to bitch. It's not enough to get rich and travel the world on small talents - some of them need to be seen as legitimately beautiful. Boring.

You know who won't bitch? #1 and #2 on the list, Bianca and Shangela. They work hard for their fame and careers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 10, 2019 8:24 PM

[quote]Selection for Drag Race is not a onetime boost. Winning means a $100,000 cash prize, but win or lose, performers can go on to have the kind of careers that net as much as $1 million a year. Making it onto the program means induction into a sorority of increasingly professionalized entertainers, a sisterhood of the traveling panties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417June 10, 2019 9:44 PM

Lol at the fans of loser queens complaining that that list is shallow. Lmao.

Fans of Violet a Chachki (the fashion queen) are complaining about shallowness lol.

by Anonymousreply 418June 10, 2019 10:05 PM

I can't wait to see Trixie's documentary. She's highly intelligent, and self aware without being a smug cunt or new-agey. Good interview here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419June 10, 2019 10:32 PM

Lol at Violet's tweet. I'm guessing they asked to shoot her and she said no. It's funny that she thinks drag queens have to be photographed and retouched in order to look good.

by Anonymousreply 420June 10, 2019 11:01 PM

I agree with Violet those pictures are creepy. I love drag queens and they made them look like robotic womenface clowns. Very uncanny valley.

by Anonymousreply 421June 10, 2019 11:02 PM

I found this with Trixie and Katya from 2017 before Katya went in for treatment. She's funny, but obviously really high. I like seeing how Trixie deals with it. You can tell she knows (hell, you can tell from space), but she doesn't try and shut Katya down either. She just keeps moving things along. I got the vibe this wasn't for the first fucking time either. The mask did slip right at the end when Trixie said, non ironically, something like "I have to go".

I really do love these two together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422June 10, 2019 11:07 PM

Any word on All Stars 5? Has it been announced yet?

by Anonymousreply 423June 10, 2019 11:07 PM

The drag race train never stops r423, they recently finished filming Drag Race UK, about tonstatt filming AS5, and then right after that will be season 12.

by Anonymousreply 424June 10, 2019 11:16 PM

Non Drag Race Queens are pissed, too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 10, 2019 11:59 PM

Uh, Jackie Beat is retarded. The list is ranking Drag Race alums specifically, not all drag queens in America. It says so:

[quote]we rank America’s top-100 Drag Race superstars.

by Anonymousreply 426June 11, 2019 9:13 PM

It explains that in the article, but look at the damn headline r426. The most powerful drag queens in America. Their words.

It does conflate the idea that the only drag queens are those who have competed in Rupaul's show.

by Anonymousreply 427June 11, 2019 9:24 PM

How the fuck did Vanjie rate so low? This is complete bullshit, and while I am sure some of the queens are "hey, any publicity is good publicity", I don't think ranking them was necessary. Throw in garbage quality writing and some shady, shitty and in some cases inaccurate comments, THAT can be bad publicity.

by Anonymousreply 428June 11, 2019 10:15 PM

It's enormously GOOD publicity and the photos are Diane Arbus interesting. Can't believe how many of the queens are calling it "homophobic." Everyone and everything is ranked in most publications from Rolling Stone to AFI to Ranker, Time Magazine and St8 UP gay porn. It's not homophobic to be given two mainstream publication covers and multiple pages in one weak. Most gay men are not (fucking) Drag Queens. They could have covered something more important for Pride Month to be honest.

I ain't got time to read every drag Queen's social media, but some of them are being ridiculous. Yes some of the facts were incorrect, but these are not exactly mainstream celebs with a lot of credits to their name. NOW they are. So they were sloppy about saying that a fourth place finisher was actually third in a different season.

Jinkx said thank you and Bianca told everyone to stop bitching. So did the always low rated but eternally employed Coco Montrese.

by Anonymousreply 429June 11, 2019 10:32 PM

*week

by Anonymousreply 430June 11, 2019 10:42 PM

The photographer used is actually known for taking "raw" photos, (as in style, get your minds out of the gutter) so they shouldn't be bagging on the photos being harsh, let alone fucking homophobic. Who made THAT insane comment? Do your diligence, and if the photographer's style isn't yours, don't agree to be photographed by them. It looks like a few either indeed declined or were not available.

They really should have fact checked better. No excuse for that sloppy writing at all.

by Anonymousreply 431June 11, 2019 10:55 PM

The article says of Bianca "has created a level of global drag stardom not seen since, well, Mama Ru herself". Oh please, Rupaul is a household name whereas most people have never even heard of Bianca. Success on Drag Race does not equal popularity in the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 432June 11, 2019 11:16 PM

R426 so you're saying it's ok for people to judge a book by its cover?

Her bitch wasn't about the headline, it was about the content. Presumably she read the article BEFORE complaining...

by Anonymousreply 433June 11, 2019 11:50 PM

R431 Violet did, she said it was "literally homophobic" which is ridiculous. She is a queen SJW though.

by Anonymousreply 434June 11, 2019 11:55 PM

Violet said it, Kimchi and Farrah Moan said it, Aquaria feels violated - Pandora Box is upset that she is not ranked higher - basically comes down to the queens who have no sense of humor vs the ones who don't care or are happy to get even more mainstream coverage. The reactions have little to do with how popular they are.

Again, magazines rank people and movies and music and performers all the damn time. As does Datalounge. I don't understand the beef. But all their outraged fans are saying "How dare they rate artists". So we are dealing with delusional people more than SJWs. It's not only Violet. She breathes rare air walking runways as a woman. Most Drag Race queens are outcast fags without THAT much talent who are subsequently overly celebrated. Worshipped online and in person. Not unlike RuPaul. He has no real discernible talent. They just got ranked. Boo hoo. Turned me off a few of the people I follow. GROW UP as Bianca would steal from Joan Rivers.

by Anonymousreply 435June 12, 2019 12:22 AM

I'm not sure why Violet got ranked higher than a few of the queens either, I guess because of the Met thing? If they're judging by social media cache, Kim Chi has a lot more followers than her.

by Anonymousreply 436June 12, 2019 12:32 AM

r435 makes a fair point re: ranking. That said, what fucking methodology did they use, and I don't mean the vague methodology they *said* they used. Much smacked of pay for placement, as well as "punishment" for not playing along.

by Anonymousreply 437June 12, 2019 12:51 AM

R437 you're expecting a published, peer-reviewed scientific ranking methodology from a throwaway article in a webzine?

by Anonymousreply 438June 12, 2019 12:56 AM

No, r438 I'm not but other people are taking it pretty fucking seriously apparently, right or wrong. I stand by my point that it smacked of pay for placement. I've been in the music business for 20 years, and I've seen "articles" / "rankings" like this more times than I can count.

by Anonymousreply 439June 12, 2019 1:02 AM

R439 oh please, it's just Twitter/reddit noise from idiots who are desperately bored in their lives and want attention so they each try to out-outrage the other. The same idiots who make up a lot of RPDR's fanbase, incidentally.

You're just making shit up regarding pay for placement because you don't like the results.

by Anonymousreply 440June 12, 2019 1:09 AM

The top 20 were the right top 20. Can bicker about the order, but the list was correct. Got a bit wonky and random after that. But who the fuck are these drag queens to most people? Someone could rate all the contestants of American Idol too and after the top 20, who but devoted fan bases could tell one from another? Does Barbra Streisand call for a federal investigation when she is repeatedly ranked lower than the top ten best female vocalist of all time? Hell yes she does, ha.

There's no pay for placement when Shangela is number 2. She has never won anything on Drag Race and she's one of the few black queens with major followings. Does anyone here know how accomplished Shangela and DJ are in the world of entertainment? Some fans are mad that Raja is ranked near the bottom as a preposterous pretentious unworthy winner of little talent and lasting impact. Runner up Manila is in the top 20. As she should be. She's iconic enough for a whole feature story of her own. Lists are subjective, but come on, they're drag queens. They used to make $40 bucks on a good night and now book for a minimum of $2,000 + first class accomodations AND tips! Bob the Drag Queen (another one who complained that he should be higher on the list) always throws his tip money back AT the audience. Happy Pride bitches.

by Anonymousreply 441June 12, 2019 1:15 AM

Bob is hilarious but way too full of himself. Although I did enjoy Purse First.

by Anonymousreply 442June 12, 2019 1:19 AM

r424 Please don't spoil anything but if you happen to know... ARE there any spoilers out there already when it comes to the UK version? I'm so excited I think I just might seek them out.

by Anonymousreply 443June 12, 2019 1:43 AM

BURGERS? That is horrible enough, but WELL DONE?

by Anonymousreply 444June 12, 2019 1:48 AM

The problem is people like Blair St. Claire who have had legit Billboard success get a notation "first queen from Indiana." or the mis-spellings and just wrong info - as in Alaska's info.

by Anonymousreply 445June 12, 2019 3:03 AM

Drag queens with fragile egos - who would have thought?

by Anonymousreply 446June 12, 2019 3:06 AM

r446 I don't think it is fragile egos, so much as why the need to rank an already marginalized group? Why do we need a ranking of the 100 queens? How about we just celebrate their success? There is already a divide in drag between legends and drag race girls. Jackie Beat, Peaches Christ, Sherry Vine, all trail blazers and legends in drag who now are treated than less than Madame Laqueer.

by Anonymousreply 447June 12, 2019 3:10 AM

Exactly r445 That is NOT any publicity is good publicity, it's fucking incorrect information, and as I see looking through the list, any incorrect information tends to be negative, than something positive.

by Anonymousreply 448June 12, 2019 3:13 AM

No one is lining up to see Blair St. Claire on the Werq the World tour. She did have a good single, but she's best known for whining about being date raped and being the next alumni to transition. She's a woman as Willam would say. And that's a compliment. Blair is unclockable but she ain't a drag queen. They tell jokes and lip synch to hot and emotional songs or do some camp art piece or dance the house down boots or give off enough charisma that we won't worry they're about to faint? Blair is exactly who can't take it or give it. Who needs that? A lot of scared insecure teens who want to look good as any sex do.

Too bad for Jackie Beat and Coco Peru and Sherry Vine. Ru wouldn't let them on HIS show. They are before Drag Race. The list was about Drag Race contestants. Again, every group from porn stars to Survivor contestants have been ranked. Drag Race is not immune and it's not that big a deal. We do it here everyday on DL. So who objects to a media outlet doing it?

You seem to be calling it homophobic too R447. How fucking marginalized are they? Do RPDR alumni want to be marginalized? The real winners are not victims and that would be most of them. Drag queens like what they do, it's an expensive career.

All queer people are persecuted because someone took some honest pictures of DRAGCON? Drag queens aren't women ya know? It's used to be called female illusion. Only at night and only for money.

by Anonymousreply 449June 12, 2019 3:19 AM

r449 you were saying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450June 12, 2019 3:27 AM

I was saying that Blair St. Clair is a tranny who no one remembers from Drag Race. She has her own following for the reasons that most trannys do. She looks pretty in calculated photos and she was ass raped as a 22 year old dude who went to a gay party, got drunk and ended up fucked. #YouToo in 1968 R450?

I also said that the real winners, regardless of their age or show placement or talent, were not threatened by the increased mainstream coverage. I don't love that Kennedy Davenport was rated so near the bottom, but I'm not making Kennedy Davenport's money!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451June 12, 2019 3:43 AM

[quote]How the fuck did Vanjie rate so low?

Vanjie is the definition of a one note queen. He's superficially amusing and has personality to spare, but can only dress himself as a showgirl version of a Boca wife at the condo pool in February, can't lip sync to save her life and seems to have no other marketable skills. His talent range runs from screaming Vanjie, to screaming Vajie with mush mouthed additional verbiage only he can understand. Vanjie and Silky were both reality TV stars first and legitimate threats for the crown (a distant) second.

by Anonymousreply 452June 12, 2019 3:46 AM

I do declare I was brutally raped!

by Anonymousreply 453June 12, 2019 5:33 AM

r452 Vanjie was making a lot on gigs after her first season. She is making even more now. Sometimes it is better not to win, and we see quite a bit of that play out in real life (Shangela just one example) The more mainstream this show gets, the more Disney you have to play it in your post RPDR life should you win, or place high. Losing gives you more freedom to create, and from the sound of things, you don't stand as much of a chance of getting ripped off by the Drag Race management company PEG, that a number of queens have used.

by Anonymousreply 454June 12, 2019 6:03 AM

Bianca took a legit swipe at Bob's bitchin. And Willam says "press is press". You can tell who the grown ups are by the many queens who are calling the article homophobic and an insult to their ART.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455June 12, 2019 8:21 AM

Willam has more to say....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456June 12, 2019 8:38 AM

So yeah not a Blair St. Clare stan but she is the first queen to ever solo chart at #1 for an album, not a single, an album. That is higher than RuPaul has ever charted. So to take that and ignore it and just call her the first queen from Indiana as her only remarkable fact seems reductive (look it up).

by Anonymousreply 457June 12, 2019 1:12 PM

Did it really take one simple listicle to ignite a civil war among the queendom?

by Anonymousreply 458June 12, 2019 1:14 PM

Lol Bianca makes a good point.

They're whining about being ranked for their ART but they joined a fucking Competition that ranks them (some a few times).

Someone should point that out to all of those morons.

by Anonymousreply 459June 12, 2019 1:54 PM

R457 you've been spending too much time on Twitter with words such as "reductive" and telling us to "look it up"

by Anonymousreply 460June 12, 2019 1:55 PM

I love Koala. That’s all.

by Anonymousreply 461June 12, 2019 1:55 PM

Who is Koala?

by Anonymousreply 462June 12, 2019 2:02 PM

^Do your research.

by Anonymousreply 463June 12, 2019 2:09 PM

^ kill yourself

by Anonymousreply 464June 12, 2019 2:32 PM

R452 Damn right! And how delusional of Vanjie to think that she was actually going to make it to the finale. Right after she was eliminated she was like "I am in shock right now". Shock about what??? The fact that they even allowed her to make it to the Top 5 was a joke in itself. The whole "leotard and gold glitter on the chest" thing was already tiring several episodes before.

by Anonymousreply 465June 12, 2019 6:52 PM

They clocked Kahanna on week 2 about putting glitter on her chest, saying it looked like chest hair, but Vanjie was able to get away with doing the same thing week after week. I guess it's because the glitter covered up her garish tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 466June 12, 2019 6:58 PM

Vanjie looked like shit at the finale, with too many fillers and electric teeth, her I want to speak to a manager wig and suddenly wearing all this padding while covered head to toe in that leopard catsuit. It was an ok look for Tempest DuJour, but did nothing for Miss Vanjie at all. I still love her, but can we admit that it was a terrible season yet?

by Anonymousreply 467June 12, 2019 7:06 PM

Since they have so many quality queens to choose from for the cast, I'm guessing that even the boogers of Drag Race UK will look like superstars compared to recent US Drag Race winners Yvie Oddly, Sasha Velour, and Monet X Change. It'll be interesting to see if RuGirls in future US seasons step their pussies up or decide to settle in for continued mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 468June 12, 2019 7:14 PM

Not only is Bianca telling the truth, I'm beginning to think she is trying to save some of these nutty bitches from themselves. Drag Queens melt down over being treated like reality stars is not a good look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469June 12, 2019 7:30 PM

How much more mainstream can they go? Maneh, Nina West and Adore got a whole hour on The View. Weren't any pretty queens available?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470June 14, 2019 7:47 PM

r468 I'm so fascinated by how British (and Irish?) drag will influence the US one once that version airs, and vice versa. I think there might be a lot of stepping up of pussies in general.

by Anonymousreply 471June 14, 2019 7:53 PM

Drag Race jumped the shark in season seven. It has slowly gone downhill since. The recent co-crowning of Trinity (who deserved to win AS4) and the painfully dull Monet Xchange was a new low for the series. What also hasn't helped is that the show went from being a fun niche gay show to now consisting of a fan base largely made up of straight teenage girls. DragCon is now billed as "family-friendly" (yuck) and you have queens like Nina West who play into the Disneyfication of everything. The queen who has had the best career since Drag Race is Shangela. You could argue that Bianca sells out theaters, but her comedy is stale and most of her act is just recycled Joan Rivers jokes.

by Anonymousreply 472June 14, 2019 8:05 PM

Yeah the show peaked at Season 6. It hasn't reached anywhere near the same heights since then, although All Stars 2 came pretty close.

by Anonymousreply 473June 14, 2019 8:07 PM

[Quote]but her comedy is stale and most of her act is just recycled Joan Rivers jokes.

So because you don't like her act, that makes her not successful? Oh dear.

Like has nothing to do with it. Bianca has stayed booked.

by Anonymousreply 474June 14, 2019 8:09 PM

Completely agree R472. I love Shangela as a performer and though Bianca is nothing new he is never PC and is always outspoken as fuck. He's not for children and I appreciate that. And he calls out the other queens all the damn time for their shitty behavior. Trinity is also a great combination of talents who doesn't cater to the kids. Manila is the best all round contestant the Drag Race show ever had. Glamor, humor, camp, HIGH fashion and coy loveliness on the runway, a team player AND a bit of a bitch behind the scenes. Alyssa, Alaska, Detox and Katya really are All Stars too.

by Anonymousreply 475June 14, 2019 8:14 PM

I don't deny Bianca Del Rio is successful, R474. Did you miss the part where I mentioned she sells out theaters? But Shangela has more skills and charisma than Bianca and is also booked constantly. Success doesn't just mean doing standup at Carnegie Hall. Shangela is now considered by many in LA to be more of a "top-tier" talent than any other drag queen because of her high energy performances. Bianca is hilarious the first time you hear her. Then the second time you realize her joke repertoire is tiny. Shangela also went from being a nobody to making a name for herself. Bianca was already well-known among drag circles when she went on her season. There are lots of rumors she went on Drag Race with the condition that she would never have to lipsync for her life.

by Anonymousreply 476June 14, 2019 8:56 PM

Bianca is painfully unfunny. Shangela is definitely bigger than her, and definitely more likable.

by Anonymousreply 477June 14, 2019 9:33 PM

She has her occasional funny moments, and the first time you hear Bianca it's a fun novelty, but you are right, R477. Her two movies were terrible. The RPDR fandom practically considers them contenders for the Academy Awards, though.

by Anonymousreply 478June 14, 2019 10:14 PM

Bianca is hilarious and is a true Queen. The first movie she did was decent. It was the second one that was terrible.

Shangela is annoying as fuck with her corn and halleloo catchphrases. Very try hard.

by Anonymousreply 479June 14, 2019 10:32 PM

Does anyone know about Rupal Show ratings for this week? Nothing under google.

by Anonymousreply 480June 16, 2019 4:18 AM

I don't really keep up with RPDR behind the scenes stuff and fandom, but I was surprised to see Sharon Needles ranked so low. Is she unpopular or did she go off the rails? I loved her the season she won.

by Anonymousreply 481June 16, 2019 12:51 PM

I watched Meghan McCain’s online post-The View interview with the queens. I shudder to say that she came across as likable and note the raging psycho she reveals herself to be on The View. I guess it takes being among fellow drag queens to pull that off.

Anyway, I really liked the interview and I liked hearing the serious discussion. The only thing I found “problematic” was that anytime any of the queens didn’t like something (especially the magazine rating), they all said, “this is problematic for our community.” Bull. Shit. Just say you don’t like something! Why do they have to go straight to “your opinions victimize an entire subpopulation of people, and therefore your mouth should be sewn shut.”

I find that attitude problematic for our community.

by Anonymousreply 482June 16, 2019 1:03 PM

She's still popular but downplayed because of the drugs and edgy artkid racism.

by Anonymousreply 483June 16, 2019 1:07 PM

Also I heard she got full of herself and is a total snot.

by Anonymousreply 484June 16, 2019 11:22 PM

Sharon is an ASSHOLE. I thought everyone knew that.

by Anonymousreply 485June 16, 2019 11:57 PM

I've met Sharon on several occasions. She couldn't have been nicer. Alaska was a rude fucking bitch.

It's a shame she doesn't get the credit she's due for reinventing the show and drag in general. She brought a whole new audience to the show. I'd love if she came back for All Stars 5 or 6 and snatched another trophy. But in "problematic" "cancel culture" people won't be open to the transgressive elements of her drag. Today, you have to wear a nude rhinestoned body suit with a leotard and have a name based off a luxury car/fashion house to win over the brain-dead masses of teenage straight fans.

by Anonymousreply 486June 17, 2019 1:45 AM

Uhm, Yvie Oddly just won Drag Race R486. A Sharon Needles clone.

by Anonymousreply 487June 17, 2019 1:48 AM

Yes, because she's black and has severe anger management issues. The fans will allow that.

But a clone is a clone. Sharon is an original.

by Anonymousreply 488June 17, 2019 2:29 AM

Y'all are the OP R488. Racist as fuck. I have nothing against Sharon Needles but the show did fine without her before and she glammed up right after she won. Jinkx took it in a completely different direction the very next season. Back when eventual winners were not eliminated too soon or kept around too long when they sucked.

Sharon and Alaska both had a drug problem. Only Sharon creates continual discord with her fellow queens and fans. She's constantly unprofessional - aka still a drug addict and a prick. She's talented and not dumb, but nothing revolutionary. Blood capsules and rubber halloween hands. Shocking! Still hasn't got her padding right either. Hey Silky!

The list of people that you HATE, have hateful things to say about or constantly disrespect reads like a who's who of BLACK Drag Race Contestants R488. Over many seasons. Someone better than you will introduce the next threads. You are welcome to contribute, as long as you refrain from racist hate speech.

by Anonymousreply 489June 18, 2019 3:46 AM

^^Hi Phi Phi!

by Anonymousreply 490June 20, 2019 6:12 AM

Meanwhile in Canada...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491June 23, 2019 8:32 PM

Shangela and Trixie Mattell have been hanging out with Eliad Cohen, Aaron Schock’s bff.

by Anonymousreply 492June 23, 2019 8:36 PM

r491 Thanks. I hate that bitch for many reasons. Rack up another one.

Justin looks like he's lost weight, or muscle mass or...I don't know, he looks cute but a bit wee.

OT, I don't know how Canadians work, especially their politicians, but most of the time I have heard JT speak in an official capacity, he repeats his statement/remarks in French. Is that only in certain situations and I just seem to catch it when he does? Is there a guideline as to when he has to do this? I guess this wasn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 493June 23, 2019 8:46 PM

R493 He is the prime minister of Canada. French and English are both Canada’s official and native languages. Everything at the national level in Canada is bilingual. Any formal speaking engagement in Canada would involve speaking in both languages.

by Anonymousreply 494June 23, 2019 8:50 PM

r494 Thanks! So what exactly would fall under a formal engagement? Apparently not this (though why not?) I am curious what the rules are. I know...google is my friend. Will try and google this out.

I swear I never used to be this stupid, I swear.

by Anonymousreply 495June 23, 2019 9:04 PM

Oh god, it's the "y'all are RACIST!" troll who thinks we can't dislike a black candidate without it being racism, and who loved The Vixen.

by Anonymousreply 496June 23, 2019 10:57 PM

r496 who are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 497June 23, 2019 11:29 PM

R489

by Anonymousreply 498June 23, 2019 11:31 PM

Ru and Michelle are saying that viewers are going to love Drag Race UK. They're still not saying whether it will air in the US, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499June 23, 2019 11:33 PM

r499 Gah! not a good sign guys. This means they either can't get a distributor (ridiculous) or they aren't happy with the money package offered by the distributors "courting" them. I work in the music industry, and this sounds very fucking familiar. I would have assumed this was all knitted up before they even turned the lights on, as that is how it generally works, but sometimes there are exceptions.

They (Ru and co.) may have held out to see how well the UK version performed. If it did badly, we would already be seeing it. If it did much better than expected, we would be getting these crickets. Either way, badly played by Ru and the production company. Hell, give away the first season for free (minus expenses of course) and build up some FEVAH!

by Anonymousreply 500June 23, 2019 11:44 PM

Thank god for torrent sites, eh?

by Anonymousreply 501June 23, 2019 11:53 PM

R501 I try but never get anywhere. (Story of my life)

by Anonymousreply 502June 24, 2019 12:01 AM

I rewatched S10 for the first time since it’s initial airing these past few nights. Seeing it all at once, without the context of time and audience reactions, I came away with a different perspective on it. Monet presents herself very well; she’s far more charming and charismatic than she was on AS4. I’d have rather seen her get the crown for S10 than for her arrogant mediocrity in AS4. Aquaria seems like a sweet girl with some obvious talents, but she’s still an underwhelming winner.

But the one thing that hindsight and binge watching really puts into perspective is what a truly evil and malicious psychopath The Vixen was. She may be one of the worst villains in reality TV history, and that’s not a compliment. You don’t love to hate her. She just makes every scene she’s in very uncomfortable. It really is shocking that she found even one person to defend and validate her behavior, let alone a delusional mass of Twitter minions.

Fortunately, her Manila feud finally put the nail in her coffin. But man does she make S10 a very unpleasant watch.

by Anonymousreply 503June 25, 2019 7:18 AM

All Stars 5 is currently filming. Here’s the cast list for those who are interested:

Derrick Barry, Jujubee, Shea Coulee, India Ferrah (?), Mariah Balenciaga, Blair St. Clair, Mayhem Miller, Alexis Mateo, Miz Cracker, and Ongina.

by Anonymousreply 504June 25, 2019 8:11 AM

I don't think Aquaria is a top tier winner, but I love that she won since Vixen absolutely hated her. Aquaria left that dusty bitch in her rear view mirror.

by Anonymousreply 505June 25, 2019 8:12 AM

R504 Thanks. Jujubee for the win.

by Anonymousreply 506June 25, 2019 9:55 AM

Yikes. What a dismal , unremarkable sounding cast. Hopefully Jujubee will make it enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 507June 25, 2019 12:30 PM

Jujubee is one of the funniest queens to have been on Drag Race imo. This is obivously Shea's season to win, but looking forward to seeing more Juju.

by Anonymousreply 508June 25, 2019 12:31 PM

Miz Cracker has got it in the bag. Don't care about the rest and hate Barry.

by Anonymousreply 509June 25, 2019 12:32 PM

[quote]Jujubee is one of the funniest queens to have been on Drag Race imo.

I love her too. Her LSFYL against Sahara Davenport is one of the underrated greats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510June 25, 2019 1:14 PM

Derrick Barry will be on his best behavior since he came across like an asshole on his season. He won't repeat that mistake. Boring.

Mariah B is a drag queen's drag queen and will either slay or be bored and ask to be voted out in Week 1.

Ongina is on a mission to increase her booking fee so she'll probably bring lots of fake drama.

by Anonymousreply 511June 25, 2019 1:26 PM

I was never a Derrick fan either, R511. But some innuendo came out recently that he was very poorly edited and was actually getting bullied pretty hard by Naomi. The producers allegedly adjusted the edit to make him come across worse and Naomi look better to make for a more balanced narrative. Naomi would apparently randomly go up to him and whisper fucked up shit in his ear.

Again, take this with a grain of salt. But I found it interesting none of the less.

by Anonymousreply 512June 25, 2019 7:57 PM

[bold]Queens of the North, Come Through! Crave Announces New Original Series DRAG RACE CANADA[/bold]

[quote]O Canada! As Pride Month winds down, and Canada Day approaches, Canadians have another reason to celebrate this weekend as Crave and OUTtv announced today an unprecedented partnership that extends the reach of international television phenomenon, RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE in Canada. This partnership includes the new Crave Original Series, DRAG RACE CANADA, the first-ever Canadian adaptation of the show.

[quote]“I am proud to announce that the Drag Race family is expanding as Crave is about to begin production on DRAG RACE CANADA,” said RuPaul. “The panel and judges will be from the Great White North, representing Canada’s very best. This new franchise has my whole-hearted blessing. Good luck…and don’t puck it up!"

Oceania next!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513June 27, 2019 7:42 PM

Ru can't be bothered with Canada, hehe.

[quote]Casting begins this summer on the 10-episode, one-hour original series, with production to begin this fall in Ontario. The DRAG RACE CANADA host and judges will be announced at a later date.

by Anonymousreply 514June 27, 2019 7:44 PM

Oh, and Heidi Klum decided she wants to have a drag show in Germany as well...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515June 27, 2019 8:01 PM

There are conflicting reports regarding the German version. Some are saying they bought the rights from WoW, but then there's this description of the show...

[quote]Men who look average in their everyday lives are transformed into glamour girls.

And there's already an online petition to have someone else replace Heidi. Because she's straight, but mostly because the Germans can't stand watching her on TV.

by Anonymousreply 516June 27, 2019 8:04 PM

[quote]Justin looks like he's lost weight, or muscle mass or...I don't know, he looks cute but a bit wee.

Maybe, but there is a reason the queen he's standing with named herself Brook Lynn Heights. She's considerably over 6 ft tall and solidly built. Put her in hooker heels and she'd tower over half the NBA.

by Anonymousreply 517July 5, 2019 10:38 PM

Brook Lynn Heights is saddled with an awful drag name. She makes a big deal out of being Canadian and then chooses a name that references NYC? Wtf? It is a dumb pun and does not characterize her in a meaningful way. Epic fail.

by Anonymousreply 518July 7, 2019 10:45 PM

She dumb

by Anonymousreply 519July 7, 2019 10:47 PM

If Bruno's Instagram is anything to go by, they definitely pad the pit crew's underwear on the show.

by Anonymousreply 520July 8, 2019 1:23 PM

RPDR UK starts in October, with the reveal of queens apparently happening sometime this month. So excited!

by Anonymousreply 521August 5, 2019 12:55 PM

[quote]If Bruno's Instagram is anything to go by, they definitely pad the pit crew's underwear on the show.

The question is, is it to enlarge or to eliminate VPL? Max Emerson's Underpants Model YouTube series addresses the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522August 6, 2019 12:26 AM

r522 Both, probably.

by Anonymousreply 523August 6, 2019 12:30 AM

Thread for the Drag Race UK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 21, 2019 12:25 PM

[bold]Drag Race Australia looks to 2020 premiere[/bold]

[quote]TV Tonight can reveal ITV Studios Australia has landed the local format rights to the hit reality contest, made famous by RuPaul’s Drag Race, from Passion Distribution and World Of Wonder.

[quote]Producers are about to begin discussions with Australian broadcasters, with a view to a 2020 contest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525August 27, 2019 12:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526September 12, 2019 12:58 AM

r526 Holy shit, it's finally happened!

I think this is the most recent thread about him. There are so many...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527September 12, 2019 1:14 AM

Nina West has a thing for bear/otter feets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528February 12, 2020 4:05 AM

Please stop trying to make Silky a thing. If she's back on the show, I'll skip that season all together. You lost bitch. Bye. Leave,

by Anonymousreply 529February 12, 2020 7:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!