Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag Race UK : Meet the Queens

Of DL interest the British spin off features a (gasp) bisexual guy who currently has a girlfriend, and queen named Sum Ting Wong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287February 14, 2021 11:19 PM

Full video of the intros

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2019 12:24 PM

The work room

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2019 12:25 PM

Omg, too exciting, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2019 12:28 PM

Oh, and we need to decide whether this will be a spoiler thread or not. I'd prefer if it wasn't, personally.

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2019 12:30 PM

Like Drag Race Thailand, DRUK will be available in the US only through WOW Presents Plus online.

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2019 12:30 PM

Ofcom will be getting a million complaints from woke Brits.

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2019 12:38 PM

Couple of observations:

- really hated how this sounded; it's like they were in a warehouse somewhere

- Scaredy Kat being bisexual and having a girlfriend (at 19) is... whatever, he's still young, he'll get there

- I like The Vivienne the most, I think

- they're not as rough as I expected, so that's a good sign

- Kim Woodburn impersonation!

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2019 12:54 PM

Scaredy Kat was born in the year 2000, let that sink in.

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2019 12:56 PM

Oh, and the no Scottish queens part kills me. Why?!

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2019 12:57 PM

Team Vivienne!

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2019 12:58 PM

Btw, there are no prizes for winning either the individual challenges or the whole show, because BBC.

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2019 1:00 PM

Seriously r11? Obviously the exposure is a great prize in itself for the queens but there is no check for the winner? C'mon.

That makes winning the season not that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2019 1:03 PM

[quote]features a (gasp) bisexual guy who currently has a girlfriend, and queen named Sum Ting Wong

And Baga Chipz is apparently a massive Tory, which is the most shocking part to me. Has there ever been a registered Republican (Silky doesn't count) or a Republican-voting queen on Drag Race? I know we can never truly know what one does in the voting booth, but I'm asking about any outspoken ones.

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2019 1:09 PM

R13 Baga Chipz has addressed the Tory thing on her twitter. And Tory is very different from republican anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2019 1:23 PM

She voted for May in the last election, even though she's a Labour supporter. Quite deranged.

[quote]And Tory is very different from republican anyway.

Not in these times it ain't.

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2019 1:32 PM

Only idiots vote Labour.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2019 1:48 PM

r16 Only idiots say something like that.

Hopefully Brexit doesn't ruin this show completely, although it'll air a month away from their exit, so passions will be inflamed more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2019 1:54 PM

So Gothy Kendoll is.... 👀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2019 2:08 PM

Found this about when it might start airing.

[quote]Rumour has it that it starts on 15th October. Runs for 8 weeks. Has a 2 week break, and AllStars 5 Follows throughout Christmas and New Year.... followed by Season 12.

We are going to be SPOILED, henny.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2019 2:17 PM

First look at the runway and some of the judges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 12:25 PM

It's a day in gay heaven says Andrew Garfirld, a guy who has made sure to repeat over and over that is straight.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2019 12:29 PM

The transparent gay-baiting makes my eyes roll. If you're straight fine, but you don't need to play at being gay.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2019 2:06 PM

How is this show going to get any mainstream publicity in the US if audiences here need an "iPlayer" (whatever that is) to watch it? Apparently it's available online but only after paying a subscription fee... ?

Oh well, I've been getting burned out by this show so I don't need to watch this cycle. By crowning Eevie Oddley, I'm sure that the producers will go with another dud this go around anyway.

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2019 2:22 PM

Well it's meant to be a UK-based show, it is airing there on BBC3 r23.

The production company (WOW Presents) knows they can make money off American drag race fans by getting them to sign up for their service (3.99/mo) to be able to watch it. These subscription streaming services are the hot thing since Netflix, everybody is trying to push one.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2019 2:31 PM

I don't think people in the US will be able to watch it on the iPlayer. You need the WOWPresents+ subscription, which is $3.99 a month.

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2019 2:31 PM

It is premiering Thursday Oct 3rd at 8pm (3pm EST) I guess it is supposed to be WOW presents within an hour of it airing in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2019 4:10 PM

I think this is more of a trial season, to see how it goes. A lot of the queens in the UK reportedly didn't apply because they're waiting to see how this all pans out.

All of the judges have been revealed as well. I want Jonathan Bailey and Andrew Scott on the judging panel next season!

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2019 12:40 AM

Garfield's pants.... 👀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2019 7:54 PM

The bi one looks like dogshit, did his girlfriend dress him like that? And is he only there because he's bi? I don't want to sit through that crap again, already had it with that cucu idiot and that other homophobic twit who thinks he can get straight guys into bed, and let's not forget that annoying straight transvestite on Dragula who wouldn't stop going on about how straight he was.

by Anonymousreply 29August 27, 2019 3:52 PM

Most of them look busted. For all the hype they've been building around this for the last few years it looks tragically underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 30August 27, 2019 4:01 PM

BritCrew revealed!

The one on the right is apparently 6'8". I'm really bad with imperial units, but I'm told that's a lot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2019 12:16 AM

The S1 queens (remember Pork Chop? Rebecca Glasscock?) were busted too.

Not that there’s DRUK, do we rename the original show DRUSA?

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2019 12:27 AM

Yeah, this season will be more like a proof of concept for the stakeholders in the UK. Some queens have already said they're waiting to see how this pans out before they audition for the second season. There's been some speculation that the BBC might move it to BBC2 if it does well.

The original remains Drag Race and the rest are DRTH, DRUK, DRAU (if it happens), and DRCA (third-person singular of "to wank" in my language, so that'll be fun to use).

I don't know what's happening on the German front. Honestly, I want Heidi as far away from this property as possible. Also, DRGER? I don't know about that, henny. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2019 12:44 AM

So far there are only two properties of RuPaul's Drag Race. The other spin offs don't have Rupaul in the title and don't involve him as part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2019 2:44 AM

True, but WOW still licences those shows even when RuPaul isn't involved as host. So they definitely fall under the Drag Race umbrella.

by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2019 3:04 AM

[quote]Baga Chipz has addressed the Tory thing on her twitter. And Tory is very different from republican anyway.

Yet, in its own way, just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2019 9:29 AM

Snatch Game will be painful. Queens doing Peggy Mitchell and Dot Cotton from EastEnders and Ru pretending to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2019 9:37 AM

Starts this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2019 2:38 PM

Jimmy crank on the bus for a packet of fags is my new tag line.

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2019 2:43 PM

R37 do you think she'll show her teeth when she laffs??

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2019 3:00 PM

“The queens competing are ... Cheryl Hole”

It stinks that she’s nothing like me. Just an odorous cornhole covered in stank sleeve and duct tape.

by Anonymousreply 41September 30, 2019 3:15 PM

Drag Race Thailand seasons one and two were better than most of the seasons of the original. If they could get America queens to dub the episodes it’d be a cult favorite, but that’s not PC these days so it would never happen. And so the Thai queens will be obscure forever.

I’m not saying the show is perfect but there are some great queens with personality and creativity, and they’re not derivative. The problem with the American show is that the queens they cast are first and foremost Drag Race fans. So they’re all boring as hell because they don’t want to hurt their chances of making money off the safe, preteen, frau fandom. So that leaves production chicanery as the only avenue of true entertainment (and too much of that upsets everyone). Throw in politics and optics (can’t crown a white guy this year because we crowned one last year) and the show is beyond predictable. It needs a hiatus and a reworking, but I bet they would just screw it up and learn all the wrong lessons and it’d be even worse. Shrug.

by Anonymousreply 42September 30, 2019 3:16 PM

Can we ban "Henny" from the vocabulary? It causes my eye to twitch.

Slang changes over time and it's beyond obnoxious that Drag Race and Drag Race fans have preserved the lingo and jokes that was fading a decade or more ago and people say it now like it's fresh and hilarious.

It's not, they should all be killed.

by Anonymousreply 43September 30, 2019 3:25 PM

So who on the show will be the first to have their dick pics and/or amateur sex videos leaked online?

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2019 3:58 PM

It's encouraging news that they've hired The Queen of Canada and My Winner of Season 11, Brooke Lynn Heights, to serve as a permanent judge of Drag Race Canada. I'm sure that she'll do a great job.

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2019 3:59 PM

Extended trailer. Premieres today, henny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 3, 2019 10:37 AM

You can watch it on BBC iPlayer in the UK, Crave in Canada, and on Wow Presents Plus for the rest of the world at 8pm UK/3pm ET/12pm PT. Logo will also air that same episode on October 11.

by Anonymousreply 47October 3, 2019 10:56 AM

[quote]The original remains Drag Race and the rest are DRTH, DRUK, DRAU (if it happens), and DRCA (third-person singular of "to wank" in my language, so that'll be fun to use).[/italic]

The other official DR international edition is Chile's [italic]The Switch Drag Race: El Arte del Transformismo.[/italic] Highly entertaining even if you don't know Spanish. Their format is more like [italic]American Idol[/italic] and substitutes live singing for LSFYL. Gia Gunn and Kandy Ho competed in the second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 3, 2019 11:02 AM

r48 Oh, yeah, right, I had forgotten about that one. I did hear about Gia competing because she speaks Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 49October 3, 2019 11:04 AM

Gia (or Jeea Goon, as they call her in Chile) was a huge cunt to everyone on the show and made the national news there because of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 3, 2019 11:08 AM

It would be news if Gia wasn't a cunt

by Anonymousreply 51October 3, 2019 11:36 AM

I signed up for Wow+ for this shit, just checked the website and the episode is not up as promised.

by Anonymousreply 52October 3, 2019 7:07 PM

Guess WOW heard me, it's up now.

by Anonymousreply 53October 3, 2019 7:10 PM

The looks are a little unpolished but the personalities are fun. Man, that lip synch was awkward to watch though, the loser (gothy cat?) was bad.

Andrew Garfield was having a lot of fun as a guest judge, though it's hard to remember he is supposed to be straight.

The grand prize...is a WOW show for YouTube. Man those BBC rules keeping them from getting money.

by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2019 9:02 PM

Damn, that was an entertaining watch, though Ru not even knowing what "gob" meant is not a good sign going forward. I mean really, gob? 😩

I can't stand Garfield as an actor or his history of queerbaiting, but I thought he was one of the best guest judges on this show, ever. Supportive and never mean, wise, up for a laugh, and sporting the most gorgeous smile. I'll have to reassess his position on my irrational hate list for sure. Alan Carr and I go way back, so I knew he'd be great.

Sad to see Gothy leave already as I love people who have teeth (or, teef) with some character to them, but I understand it must dent her confidence, watching the American drag where everyone looks perfect these days. Similarly, I love Blu Hydrangea's slight Fetal Alcohol Syndrome mouth. Such a cute little fairy of a man. Amazing eyes as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2019 11:31 PM

I'm so glad these two iconic bitches got a shoutout in the first episode already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 4, 2019 12:47 AM

i can't believe anyone finds that mess entertaining

by Anonymousreply 57October 4, 2019 1:06 AM

Baga Chipz is already very well known on the London scene, and widely despised.

I wish my friend Silver Summers had got through the audition phase. A lot of great queens were turned down.

by Anonymousreply 58October 4, 2019 1:08 AM

r57 You can't believe other people might have different preferences to you, really? Among 7+ billion people on the planet, you expect everyone to be entertained by the exact same stuff as you? Sod off.

by Anonymousreply 59October 4, 2019 1:09 AM

Love the fact there's a SumTing Wong on board! I hope he has a BF called Hee Flung Kum!

by Anonymousreply 60October 4, 2019 1:12 AM

Scaredy Kat was totally cast because he has a girlfriend. Barely has been doing drag and has never performed?

But I get it, reality show producers are intrigued by the first drag queen to be on TV that has a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2019 1:14 AM

Isn't the Davina Decampo (sp?) already on a TV show with Ginger Spice? Does she really need this?

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2019 1:52 AM

Kind of boring. And the contestants seem very provincial, very Little Britain and insecure. Them saying America would kill to have a Royal Family!! LOL!!

by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2019 2:11 AM

Almost all of their looks, from first entrance to runway were busted as hell!! I knew they weren't going to be even close to as good as the American queens but I was not expecting them to be this god-awful. And the fact that none of them had any wit, class or anything remotely clever about their style or manner just made it worse because they had nothing to fall back on. I'm bored with queens acting, trashy, cheap and vulgar. This "foul-mouthed streetwalker" aesthetic has been so overdone in drag, Lily Savage did it best back in the day, at least she was funny, but these queens are just eye-and-ear sores.

by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2019 2:18 AM

I loved that some of them (well, one of them) were insecure. I'm so over American queens who've been doing drag for ten months and who then act like they own the world. Organic self-esteem is way more relatable than the performative one.

And I actually prefer my drag to be messy and rough around the edges, they way it used to be in the very early seasons of DRPR, and still is in most places around the world. The most recent queens in RDPR are way too polished for my taste, and they're also more and more removed from drag in real life.

Twitter and Reddit seem to be in love with this already, as am I.

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2019 2:30 AM

[Quote]And I actually prefer my drag to be messy and rough around the edges, they way it used to be in the very early seasons of DRPR

Yes, if look at the early seasons a lot of the looks were unpolished as well.

by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2019 2:35 AM

[Quote]Them saying America would kill to have a Royal Family!! LOL!!

Where's the lie tho? So many Americans are obsessed with the Royal Family, just look at this damn board.

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2019 2:37 AM

If history is anything to go by Americans in general would rather shoot the Royal Family than bow to them

Especially as the Windsors themselves are largely homely and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2019 2:45 AM

30 million Americans watched Harry marry Megs, 23 million watched William marry Kate.

The data speaks for itself, people are obsessed with those fuckers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2019 2:51 AM

It’s one thing to have cheap drag but it shouldn’t look cheap on TV. Yikes, this is some Bargain Bin shite.

by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2019 2:58 AM

The ugly straight/bi guy should have gone home. The first thing out of his mouth was "I'm not gay I have a girlfriend!" as if we give a fuck. I really don't get why they are trying to push the "ugly straight guys and their girlfriends do drag too" crap on us?? Do we really need this? Haven't we suffered enough? Also he did not deserve that mini-challenge win, he admits he has no experience, his drag is busted, and it's pretty obvious that his girlfriend pushed him into it. "The Vivian" for a seasoned queen that contour was horrendous but not as horrendous as that weird plastic face of his. I really struggled to not feel grossed out by his mug on my screen, his runway was underwhelming and not deserving of the first win. Bag of Chips, the old one with the mohawk and Cheryl Hole are grating my nerves already. Ken Doll's entrance look was by far the only one with some degree of thought put into it, and the only one that was different from the rest. I think he'll be the one with most to offer out of all of them. The Irish one's nude illusion entrance look was fucking putrid what the hell was he thinking with that?! Definitely made up for it with his two-faced queen on a pound runway look. SumTing Wong's name is the only appealing thing about him. The rest were forgetful and boring not worth commenting on.

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2019 3:12 AM

[quote]The first thing out of his mouth was "I'm not gay I have a girlfriend!"

He was asked what his inspiration for drag was and he started saying "My girlfriend..." So he can't just say his inspiration for drag is his girlfriend and then not address the atomic bomb he dropped on everyone.

Having said that, I... whatever, let the bisexuals compete, I guess. I'll start bitching when they let the straight people in.

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2019 3:19 AM

[quote]DRPR

[quote]RDPR

Two attempts and I see now I butchered it both times. Bedtime for me! 🥴

by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2019 3:22 AM

Fucking hell, Ru is a giant as it is, so that guy next to him must be fucking HUGE. Taller than Ru's husband, even?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2019 12:13 PM

Watching a Royal Wedding and wanting to bow to Bea and Eug are two very different things.

Kill for a Royal Family my ass. A Royal Family has not prevented them from Boris.

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2019 12:34 PM

Yeah Ru is 6'4, but that guy is fucking 6'8" r74.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 5, 2019 2:00 PM

Yeah Ru is 6'4, but that guy is fucking 6'8" r74.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 5, 2019 2:00 PM

What a tragic waste of masculinity. I would rather see them burried in vaginas than watch them prance in drag.

by Anonymousreply 78October 5, 2019 2:41 PM

Because what the world definitely needs even more of – right now and just in general – is masculinity. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 79October 5, 2019 2:44 PM

Ashraf Ejjbair, one half of the Brit Crew in the first episode. 😏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 5, 2019 3:52 PM

The queen who has a gf is the MOST effeminate of the bunch. Either he concocted the gf story to have some kind of narrative to at least some episodes, or he and his gf are the only kids of that age where he lives and a every port in a storm applies there.

by Anonymousreply 81October 6, 2019 1:44 AM

* To last at least some episodes.

by Anonymousreply 82October 6, 2019 1:45 AM

This cutie was literal kilometres away from me at one point, how exhilarating.

[quote]The queen who has a gf is the MOST effeminate of the bunch.

Mhm. Noticed that as well. But... bisexuals are confusing like that now and then, I suppose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 6, 2019 1:54 AM

So is the girlfriend a Maris, or do we actually see her at some point?

by Anonymousreply 84October 6, 2019 5:28 PM

This is the girlfriend's instagram account r84.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 6, 2019 7:13 PM

That episode 1 Lip Sync was a hot mess. They both deserved to sashay.

On RuPaul’s podcast, Graham Norton said that what UK queens lack in looks, they make up for it in personality. I’ll be the judge of that.

by Anonymousreply 86October 6, 2019 8:46 PM

Michelle looking amazing on Strictly right now.

r84 You can see the girlfriend on his Insta. I doubt she'll appear on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 6, 2019 9:35 PM

Yeah I'm surprised that lip synch didn't generate much talk online from what I've seen, it was pretty embarrassing to watch.

I also thought it was odd there were no "talking heads" about the lip synch, that's a stable of the show.

by Anonymousreply 88October 6, 2019 9:54 PM

Fans and queens probably don't want to humiliate Gothy further because she talked about her self-esteem issues in the episode. I also hope the talking heads will be there come the next lip sync.

[quote]a stable of the show

That made me chuckle. 😄

by Anonymousreply 89October 6, 2019 9:59 PM

Ru and DRUK was, I think, at least 80 percent of a recent Graham Norton episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 6, 2019 10:03 PM

the young scaredy cat one looks like cathy dennis out of drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 6, 2019 10:33 PM

It’s the British drag race. One of those bitches should be named ‘Brit NeeBitch’

by Anonymousreply 92October 6, 2019 10:48 PM

Personally I love that thay are extremely rough around the edges. Bette that than to have those who can afford $100,000 wardrobes (like Sasha Velouir and Aquaria) win just for having the money for it than for anything special they brought to the show.

by Anonymousreply 93October 6, 2019 10:58 PM

Crystal out of drag.

Ahem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 8, 2019 1:58 PM

US fans don’t understand all of the Brit references on the show and UK fans are pissed! They’ve decided that Americans are ignorant and “uncultured.”

Here’s an example of an apology video made by US fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 8, 2019 2:16 PM

People were mostly pissed because they were critical of the looks while not taking the references into account, or even bothering to watch the episode to the end before they shot their video. You don't need to get all (or any) of it if only you're willing to admit that you don't know everything under the sun, and are willing to be entertained by the unknown.

Speaking of fans, I'd like to unhinge my jaw and swallow the blond guy from Brighton in this video whole, root to fruit. 🐍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 8, 2019 2:25 PM

I will be appearing next season - I am Cumilla Parkher Balls

by Anonymousreply 97October 8, 2019 4:09 PM

It's immensely better. HUGE. Back to the root. Better judges,,oh my god chatty man Alan Carr makes ross look like Jessica Fletcher in a brocade jacket. Alan is hilarious and a true positive gay affirmation in a way that Ross will never be. This is more what RuPaul used to do. Some sketchy fun drag queens mixed with some sketchy hot guys with available bodies in some underwear. Now it's Tongue in cheek and those THIGHS. There's more than bag of chips in this line up. The whole franchise is reinvigorated. I hip is doesn't fail. I can't stand Ru, but the show is good again.

by Anonymousreply 98October 9, 2019 6:14 AM

A bisexual guy who has a girlfriend? Didn’t see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 99October 9, 2019 8:49 AM

Wasn't there outcy and rioting in the streets since the show hasn't included a bio female in the cast? When will that happen? Maybe the Bisexual (cough) guy is a step in that direction.

by Anonymousreply 100October 9, 2019 8:12 PM

A bio female would make no sense to me, unless she dressed up as a guy for every challenge.

by Anonymousreply 101October 9, 2019 8:23 PM

BagO Chips is a hilarious slag, loved her on the UK drag show from a few years ago.

She is a total train wreck and I cannot look away

by Anonymousreply 102October 9, 2019 8:42 PM

Alright, I'm convinced British queens aren't as used to lip synching as American queens. These performances have been rough.

Vinegar for someone who is apparently a well known and seasoned queen is really unpolished. He look was rough, she should be thankful since she was on the winning team it didnt matter.

The acting challenges were every bit as weakly written as the US ones are, so no judgement there.

by Anonymousreply 103October 11, 2019 2:08 AM

Bruv, this impossibly tall God-Man in the Brit Crew... 💀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 11, 2019 2:22 AM

His Instagram is linked upthread r204. Marc I believe it was.

by Anonymousreply 105October 11, 2019 2:27 AM

r105 Thanks, I know, I was the one who posted it. 😍

by Anonymousreply 106October 11, 2019 2:29 AM

Biggest queen in the UK by far

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 11, 2019 7:49 AM

At least there's some HOTTIES 🔥🔥🔥see: r80 r103 😛

by Anonymousreply 108October 11, 2019 11:08 AM

"Who put 50p in Cheryl?" - line of the night; haven't laughed that hard in ages! 🤣

Scaredy Kat seriously thought she was going to last with zero performance skills and obviously no makeup skills either? Okay gurl, bye now.

by Anonymousreply 109October 11, 2019 12:19 PM

This is absolute shit. I'm giving it one more episode, but I doubt it will get any better. I've never seen RuPaul act like such a rube. Cringe city. Best thing about it is Graham Norton, and if that's all I'm getting out of it, I'll just stick to watching his show.

by Anonymousreply 110October 12, 2019 5:16 PM

I'm excited to watch it all!

by Anonymousreply 111October 12, 2019 5:20 PM

Meh. The Brits just aren’t as extroverted and over the top as Americans. The Vivienne and the Irish guy - maybe Sum Ting Wong (how original) - are the only ones with charisma.

by Anonymousreply 112October 12, 2019 5:26 PM

They should stop subjecting the UK queens and the audience to a lip sync battle. How do you fuck up a song like Venus?? They were both awful.

by Anonymousreply 113October 12, 2019 7:13 PM

I thought Graham Norton would be more entertaining. I also heard he and Alan would alternate every week? So that's not happening quite that way, judging by the preview.

Maisie didn't say a single thing during the runway. 😴

by Anonymousreply 114October 12, 2019 7:15 PM

when does logo start?

by Anonymousreply 115October 14, 2019 7:38 PM

It started on 11th on Logo.

by Anonymousreply 116October 14, 2019 7:39 PM

I can't share any further details but there is another show right now being considered that will feature some past and present Drag Racers. There is a lot of interest with networks but now is the waiting game for a deal to be made with production. My friend is involved so that's how I know.

by Anonymousreply 117October 14, 2019 7:52 PM

Hi, I'm r117 I need some attention, so I'm going to tell you that I know a bunch of things that you don't know. I know these things because a friend I know (my imaginary friend) knows. But I CAN'T SHARE ANY DETAILS! No! I can't! For reals you guys! So stop trying to get more out of me! Stop! Leave me alone! I ALREADY SAID I CAN'T SHARE! Even though this is an anonymous board, I just can't, because...

...I don't know FUCK ALL!

Don't you have some chores or homework to do kid?

by Anonymousreply 118October 14, 2019 8:18 PM

R118 wow not sure why you're having a histrionic meltdown but it's your choice not to believe me. The concept was decided over the summer and the past 2 months have been negotiations and waiting for a network and production to agree to a deal. It involves drag queens. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 119October 14, 2019 10:46 PM

[quote]I'll start bitching when they let the straight people in.

Well keep the bitching powder dry because I have NO doubt that is coming.

by Anonymousreply 120October 14, 2019 11:54 PM

Of course a runway challenge would knock off Vinegar. Her runways have been a mess, and she doesn't seem to realize how unpolished she was at the art of the drag. Hopefully she gets the right mentoring because her personality as a drag queen is good.

by Anonymousreply 121October 18, 2019 12:13 AM

Now that's what I'm talking about! 😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 18, 2019 1:31 AM

Finally it felt as though I was watching a Drag Race episode (in a good way). It seemes to have hit its stride with this, and I hope they can keep it up. I really loved the winning look. Impressive. Looking forward to Snatch Game. I'm almost tempted to peek at a few spoiler threads...

Totally agree r121

r122, RAVEN! YES! I felt so good to see that bitch. Maybe that was one of the elements that helped tie this episode together.

by Anonymousreply 123October 18, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote]she doesn't seem to realize how unpolished she was at the art of the drag

r121 Yeah, tonight's episode revealed just how unpolished she is at technical stuff - awful wig, makeup like the Tin Man, and literally wearing trash for an outfit.

[quote]her personality as a drag queen is good

Amazing performer and a kind person. Shame she couldn't step it up in other departments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 18, 2019 1:35 AM

Ru's makeup this episode was... put this still into MoMA, seriously.

[quote]It seems to have hit its stride with this, and I hope they can keep it up.

I thought it was the weakest episode to date precisely because it felt so generically American. 😕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 18, 2019 1:39 AM

Raven has definitely figured out how to beat Ru's face r125. Ru's make up is killer now, she would make Mathu proud.

by Anonymousreply 126October 18, 2019 1:49 AM

R125 Perhaps. I think I needed something familiar feeling tonight. It's been an odd fucking week for me.

Ah r126 I was just going to ask if Raven is still doing Ru's makeup. That still r125 posted is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 127October 18, 2019 1:51 AM

[Quote]Ah I was just going to ask if Raven is still doing Ru's makeup

Girl, they aren't flying Raven to London to do that cameo! It was just easy because she is already on set for every episode.

by Anonymousreply 128October 18, 2019 1:55 AM

Raven can only do so much.

Ru looks like an old woman blasted out of focus and layered to shinola in the photo at R125.

Nothing wrong with age, but the look is more Hermione Gingold with bulemia than classic RuPaul.

The Monster's looks are O-VAH.

by Anonymousreply 129October 18, 2019 2:11 AM

Next week's look seems... 👀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 18, 2019 2:14 AM

R128 I'm out of touch, I'm sorry! *sobs*, *pours fourth (sixth) vodka tonic, minus the tonic*

In my weak defense, so many of the queens seem to be doing shows in the UK these days, I didn't even think about it, like maybe it was a quick pop-in appearance.

(Ok fine, my SEVENTH... happy? I am. *hic*)

by Anonymousreply 131October 18, 2019 2:14 AM

Eh, I didn't love it. It was better than the first two but that is a pretty low bar. I looked at Raven's wiki. I had no idea how far she has come in her career as a makeup artist. Talk about impressive.

by Anonymousreply 132October 18, 2019 3:00 AM

Raven is a Goddess

by Anonymousreply 133October 18, 2019 6:17 AM

the fillers on Ru are working OVER time.

by Anonymousreply 134October 21, 2019 9:07 PM

Do we have a general discussion thread?

I'll just put this little thing called "the last nail in the coffin for Drag Race" here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 22, 2019 9:23 PM

Omg, how exciting! I wonder if this is the thing that poster upthread was alluding to.

by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2019 9:25 PM

Celeb drag race - basically they will rehash drag u - get drag race girls to be coaches - doll up celebs - snore.

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2019 11:09 PM

R137 Ha, exactly what I thought, old queens guiding the celebrities. How naughties

by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2019 11:33 PM

r138 there was supposed to be a legends season - Jackie Beat, Coco Peru, Sherry Vine, Peaches Christ, Heklina,,,etc.

by Anonymousreply 139October 22, 2019 11:51 PM

He has a point...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 23, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote]“CELEBRITY DRAG RACE? WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO? HIRE MAKEUP ARTISTS? WHAT’S THE POINT OF THIS? THE TALK SHOW DIDN’T WORK SO HE’S JUST GONNA PUT HIS GUESTS IN WIGS? COME ON.

So that talk show definitely didn't work out, then? 👀

I don't know, I'm up for it. I can't bring myself to watch a talk show, but I'd love watching celebs get dragged up. Why are people being so negative about this? It's something new!

by Anonymousreply 141October 23, 2019 12:38 AM

Remember when “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” was a surprise hit and ABC decided to put it on the air 4 nights per week and everyone quickly got sick of the show?

by Anonymousreply 142October 23, 2019 12:45 AM

R141 It died really fast it seems. I think it is because he played it too "straight" for want of a better word. It didn't have any camp silliness to it.

Exactly r142. Burnout has already been kind of an issue. Also, what level of celebrity are we talking about? As the same tweep posted at r140 said (excerpted):

.... I truly don’t care if Spencer Pratt learns how to glue his eyebrows down.

Couldn't agree more.

by Anonymousreply 143October 23, 2019 12:51 AM

r142 That was before Peak TV when everyone watched and discussed the same show. You'd have to try really hard to reach the same levels of saturation with any show these days, let alone with Drag Race, which still isn't quite mainstream.

Besides, just watch the spinoffs you enjoy. I only watch the main US and UK shows, but will give the Canadian one a go as well.

by Anonymousreply 144October 23, 2019 12:54 AM

*discussed the same showS. There were more than one at a time, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 145October 23, 2019 12:54 AM

[quote]Also, what level of celebrity are we talking about?

Tune in for the ones you're interested in and ignore the rest. Isn't that how talk shows mostly work as well? Except for those hardcore fans who don't miss a show because they're actually watching for the host, that is.

by Anonymousreply 146October 23, 2019 12:57 AM

What would we do without your guidance r146?

by Anonymousreply 147October 23, 2019 1:07 AM

Just watched last weeks drag race and did anyone else have audio problems? I watched it in Canada on Crave TV and the background music kept drowning out the dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 148October 23, 2019 1:09 AM

r147 No substantive counterargument, just a weak bitchy retort? Gurl, bye. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 149October 23, 2019 1:11 AM

r148 Played fine on BBC. Must've been Crave.

by Anonymousreply 150October 23, 2019 1:11 AM

Trixie just retweeted this about 5 minutes ago. Surprised she's participating since she's pretty full tilt boogie these days between touring, recording, her makeup line, the documentary and of course UNHhhh. Kind of a "one of these names doesn't fit with the others" vibe, with the exception of Alyssa. I wonder if Dancing Queens got a second season? I still haven't seen anything definitive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 23, 2019 5:39 AM

Drag isn't fun anymore.

by Anonymousreply 152October 23, 2019 6:51 AM

R151 If she happened to be in LA when it was filming, why not? It's easy money and exposure, and drag race won't last forever

by Anonymousreply 153October 23, 2019 8:14 AM

Vangie will be there, barking and screaming about nothing. No thanks.

They should have brought back Jujubee and Kimora and Shannel and other queens with authentic HBIC attitude.

by Anonymousreply 154October 23, 2019 12:58 PM

Yeah the "celebrity drag race" is exactly the same concept as Drag U just with contestants who are slightly famous.

Ru loved Drag U, even though the audience didn't, not surprised he wants to bring it back.

by Anonymousreply 155October 23, 2019 1:37 PM

Those queens are shitty as fuck

by Anonymousreply 156October 23, 2019 5:27 PM

It's the most fun I've had with Drag Race in years. DL seems to be the only place online that I visit where people seem negative about it. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 157October 23, 2019 5:31 PM

Apparently the Celeb thing is only 4 episodes, right? Seems like a fun little side thing for the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 158October 23, 2019 5:36 PM

^157 We are talking about the announced celebrity version. UK is fine, if cheap as chips

by Anonymousreply 159October 23, 2019 5:36 PM

I'm really enjoying UK Drag Race, R157. Although my friend tells me I am easily pleased, lol

by Anonymousreply 160October 23, 2019 5:36 PM

I think people are bending over backwards to be too congratulatory toward Drag Race UK because it is shiny and new r157. I'm enjoying it fine but it really isn't different than a regular Drag Race season, except with worse lip synchs.

by Anonymousreply 161October 23, 2019 5:55 PM

r159 I guess this is what happens when you discuss two different projects in the same thread and no context is provided in the reply...

by Anonymousreply 162October 23, 2019 6:04 PM

r158 Four episodes seems ridiculous but they'll probably just be testing it in the first season, just like with this UK version.

by Anonymousreply 163October 23, 2019 6:06 PM

[quote]I think people are bending over backwards to be too congratulatory toward Drag Race UK because it is shiny and new

I haven't found this to be the case at all. Everywhere I see, people seem excited because the queens are different to the American ones and so the show feels fresh again. The format is what it is; not really why I tune in, personally.

by Anonymousreply 164October 23, 2019 6:08 PM

Definitely, R164. I like that they aren't the same as the US queens.

by Anonymousreply 165October 23, 2019 6:12 PM

Celebrity Drag Race isn't a "season", it's like Drag U, each episode is a stand alone. Three contestants getting made over by three drag queens.

At least that is the understanding from reading the description.

by Anonymousreply 166October 23, 2019 6:41 PM

I think what I like best about the UK is that it's only an hour and no untucked. It was really getting endless. And yes, the lipsyncs aren't as good, but the queens are fun so what the hell.

by Anonymousreply 167October 23, 2019 7:33 PM

What pig ugly trolly dollies, do they work for Air Dachau?

by Anonymousreply 168October 23, 2019 8:11 PM

For those interested in this sort of thing, here's Gothy with a semi...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 24, 2019 1:59 AM

...and Gothy hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 24, 2019 1:59 AM

RuPaul's Talkshow tested poorly compared to Kelly Clarkson and Tamron Hall - so it was not picked up. Celeb Drag Race (0r U) is born out of the vanity fair youtube videos where drag race alum makes celebs into Drag queens, - Trinity Taylor did Nico and Eureka did Zachary Quinto.

by Anonymousreply 171October 24, 2019 2:05 AM

r171 I do remember those two transformations being posted here on DL and thought the results were amazing. So I'm looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 172October 24, 2019 2:08 AM

r172 nicos was not that good he would not shave his beard and did a glitter beard. Qunito was UGLY in drag. MS Cracker did one that was pretty fucking amazing.

by Anonymousreply 173October 24, 2019 2:10 AM

r173 Yes, it was Cracker's I had in mind, thanks! I'll have to check it out again, it was so good.

by Anonymousreply 174October 24, 2019 2:13 AM

R170 Girthy Kendoll

by Anonymousreply 175October 24, 2019 7:42 AM

I'm just catching up on old seasons. I know this is the UK thread, but... Can anyone tell me if BenDeLa ended up being banished from all things Drag Race after her self elimination, or what the story is there? Also dying to know what the other queens thought of it and of her after as well. I have googled, but don't see much about it after the fact. Sorry if this has been addressed a million times and if so a link or two would be much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 176October 24, 2019 10:22 AM

A friend made me watch drag race UK episode 2 last night - and although I was stoned - I couldn’t help but see the show in a totally different place now. Drag Race has completely passed its usefulness. It’s the same exact show and same season every time now - with the same challenges and same sound bites. It was a good run - but all things reach its peak if they don’t evolve. Put a fork in her - although the basic bitches will probably continue to eat it up for a bit longer - I’m officially out.

by Anonymousreply 177October 24, 2019 3:48 PM

Modern drag queens are tedious af.

by Anonymousreply 178October 24, 2019 3:56 PM

r176 Nope - Ben was in the finale and one of the queens there to vote on the pre-determined winner, Trixie. Ben is still in Ru's good graces.

by Anonymousreply 179October 24, 2019 9:06 PM

This was a good Snatch Game, the cast should be proud of it.

Vivienne clearly won, that Trump was scarily on point, but they gave Baga a co-win because Vivienne has been the obvious front runner since day one which is boring, a rivalry story between her and Baga is more interesting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 180October 25, 2019 2:11 AM

Vivienne was amazing as Trump. Fantastic characterization and understanding of the PIG. Baga was equally amazing with more intellectual humor and a hilarious visual performance of Thatcher. If either one of them had a good runway, they would have had a solo win. The tie was the correct decision.

by Anonymousreply 181October 25, 2019 5:52 AM

Again, sorry for putting this here, but I can't find a general thread for Drag Race.

I am surprised that BenDeLa isn't part of this new show, which is why I wondered if she was on the outs. 3 months ago, she said how she would enjoy returning in some capacity as a coach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 26, 2019 10:12 AM

Ben doesn't have a big fan base like Trixie and she isn't quirky and charismatic like Alyssa. She also isn't a POC. Three strikes = Ben watches from her couch like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 183October 26, 2019 2:03 PM

That is not why Ben is not back on Drag Race, although it's true that she isn't' the superstar that R182 imagines. She's mid tier. Ben did more than bow out early. He avoided all the contractual obligations of being a top 5 finisher. Well played for himself. But not good for the franchise. Even Pearl wants back in now. That won't happen either. I can't wait to see Jujubee on All Stars 4 though.

by Anonymousreply 184October 26, 2019 7:48 PM

All the English themed stuff is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 185October 28, 2019 10:40 AM

R185 .....did not support partition

by Anonymousreply 186October 28, 2019 10:49 AM

[quote]I can't wait to see Jujubee on All Stars 4 though.

Five. Although I can't really blame you for forgetting about AS4.

by Anonymousreply 187October 28, 2019 3:17 PM

Damn, this is a strong bunch of girls; I don't want any of them to leave.

[quote]"It's like howt couture, it's like high fashion..."

Brain scientist Cheryl Cole next week. 😑

by Anonymousreply 188November 1, 2019 12:34 AM

R188 It is a very strong lineup, I thought the same, keep them all!

by Anonymousreply 189November 1, 2019 1:25 AM

Crystal is talented, but also a total bitch in the way hot guys who think their shit don't stink are. Shade is one thing, but rolling your eyes in the confessional like a mean girl is off-putting to me. I don't recall seeing much of that during American RPDR and that one had certified loons in it.

Besides, she was sticking out with that accent.

by Anonymousreply 190November 1, 2019 1:32 AM

Crystal is not a hot guy. He has chest hair and a pig nose. Passes for hot at this meet and greet I suppose. Bob the Drag Queen is hot out of drag. You'd have to see him. He is. And The Vixen. Gorgeous boy.

Cheryl is very tacky and obnoxious without trying to be. She reminds me of Phi Phi O'Hara. I think that fake laughter front runner is the most egregious. I forget his name but he's very talented on the runway and pretty good in the challenges. He's the most experience "actor."

DRUK is like an early Drag Race season. The top two are so far above the rest in every way. Baga and The Vivienne. That 36 year old mentally ill Sharon Needles impersonator with the ridiculous fake laugh ain't hiding any of her insecurities. And Crystal is a mid pack wolf with a pig's snout.

by Anonymousreply 191November 1, 2019 1:56 AM

What's wrong with chest hair? Bob is okay and Vixen's rotten personality poisons her looks to such an extent I can't even rate him outside of RPDR context.

Cheryl... Lord grant me the cluelessness and the lack of self-awareness she displayed during tonight's Untucked. Would come in so handy in certain situations.

by Anonymousreply 192November 1, 2019 2:41 AM

Chest hair in a dress is not my idea of drag. I get that it's progressive - as in very old news in the bar scene. As is facial hair (beards) while wearing a gown. Dumb. Drag is the art of female illusion. Chest and face hair is for dumb fuck ugly fem boys (Lucy Stoole) and gender confused queers. But it ain't real drag R192. You know it's true. Drag race kicked off dudes for doing the runway as dudes. Why arrive in a ballgown with chest hair? It's not some great mindfuck. We get it. Don't attempt drag if you prefer to be a transvestite. OK?

by Anonymousreply 193November 1, 2019 2:58 AM

Oh, I thought you were talking about chest hair in general. Yeah, I'm not feeling it in drag either.

by Anonymousreply 194November 1, 2019 3:00 AM

That's cool. But you don't remember Crystal coming down the runway in a dress showing her chest hair? It was commented on - though they are afraid to criticize it now. A black queen was shamed in the early seasons of RPDR for having some hair under her arms. I forget who now. Yeah, I'm not feeling chest hair in a dress either R194. But expect more of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 1, 2019 4:53 AM

Yes, I do remember that. Like I said, love chest hair on regular guys, but it makes me kinda recoil when I see it on a drag queen. The gender bender-y schtick ruins the illusion for me. Vinegar almost ruined the illusion because her makeup and wigs were so bad...

by Anonymousreply 196November 1, 2019 10:47 AM

Pearl continues to offer great content. For Halloween, he offers a video of Roxanne doing Margot Robbie's depiction of Tonya Harding. It's funny and subversive. Like a good drag queen should be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197November 2, 2019 2:21 AM

The British queens wear too much poorly blended makeup in the taking head segments. The Vivienne looks the the Human Ken Doll from Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 198November 6, 2019 4:24 PM

Break Up Bye Bye is a bop

by Anonymousreply 199November 6, 2019 7:59 PM

r199 It really is, omg!

by Anonymousreply 200November 6, 2019 8:00 PM

I’m enjoying this one. I live in London now and was a fan of the US one. I think it’s more sloppy and raw but it’s a refreshing change as the US one has gotten a bit too “produced” with the queens looking too perfect.

by Anonymousreply 201November 6, 2019 10:38 PM

Am I the only one who has issues with WOWs streaming? It stutters and lags so much. I've tried everything I can think of. It makes it too distracting to get into.

by Anonymousreply 202November 7, 2019 8:38 AM

r202 I've heard those complaints on Reddit as well. Apparently it's a huge data hog or something.

by Anonymousreply 203November 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Renewed!

[quote]It has registered 6.5 million requests thus far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 7, 2019 12:26 PM

Apparently, they have over 1 million viewers per episode in the UK alone, which are considered very good numbers for BBC3.

However, the tea is that the second season was a done deal before the first one even aired. Still, encouraging numbers!

by Anonymousreply 205November 7, 2019 12:31 PM

R204 If it's averaging a million viewers then that's more than the original series gets in the US, so yeah that's impressive

by Anonymousreply 206November 7, 2019 12:35 PM

[quote]then that's more than the original series gets in the US

Really? Holy shit, I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 207November 7, 2019 12:38 PM

R297 I'm just going off the ratings on Wikipedia, but yeah. Obviously the US version is also on netflix around the world so it gets more viewers overall but it seems like the UK version is doing really well

by Anonymousreply 208November 7, 2019 12:46 PM

I had the lag issue too. I unsubscribed from WOW and get them now in torrents from torrents.ru. Vinegar would have been amazing in Snatch game and Sum Ting would have done great in a girl group. Next challenge will be something for Crystal's talents.

by Anonymousreply 209November 7, 2019 2:09 PM

You knew that Cheryl was going to land in the bottom two so she could do the lip sync, didn't think for a minute Baga would be there.

And yes WOW is very laggy interface. I thought the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 210November 7, 2019 11:00 PM

Handsome Brit Crew...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 7, 2019 11:03 PM

...and their tooshies. 😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212November 7, 2019 11:04 PM

Comparing the ratings is a very apples and oranges.

BB3 is a free online streaming service, not the same as a people watching a paid cable channel live.

by Anonymousreply 213November 7, 2019 11:04 PM

That's why I checked with British posters on Reddit, who said these are good numbers for BBC3. That's the most important thing - that it does well in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 214November 7, 2019 11:07 PM

Ru's makeup was too light. She looked like one of those old, OLD actresses post "refreshment" at their favourite surgeon's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215November 7, 2019 11:10 PM

That bald one had a nice ass r212, couldn't help but just stare during one of those commercials.

by Anonymousreply 216November 7, 2019 11:13 PM

Ru looks old as a man and in drag. Because the bitch is old. He's had a lot of work done AND he's living with the virus. He's already done had herses.

by Anonymousreply 217November 7, 2019 11:46 PM

Bendela on why he self eliminated. At least half true. I won everything, but I couldn't eliminate any more queens! He conveniently left in time to not have to go on tour for the next year too. And when he was forced to return for the final show - he didn't vote for Shangela. Who knows what's up with Ben and Jinkx. He's married to a trans man and Jinkx is bitching on Grindr that nobody wants to fuck her as a non binary on Christmas day. Drag queens from Seattle are weird. Bendela is not my favorite. Or even in my top 20. He's his own favorite. I'm reminded that many of these people enjoy more fame than their talent warrants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218November 8, 2019 6:57 AM

True R210. I thought Cheryl did better than Baga this week , though.

Ooh. Pitt Crew #4 is a very big fella.

by Anonymousreply 219November 8, 2019 7:15 AM

Michelle was SUCH a cunt this week. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 220November 8, 2019 2:22 PM

That's always Michelle's role to play r220, she is there to be the tough judge.

by Anonymousreply 221November 8, 2019 2:27 PM

The bum on No.1, who is hiding it at r212. 😏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 8, 2019 5:41 PM

They're about to have the best top three finalists ever!! They're all wonderfully talented performers, though I think The Vivienne has a slight edge. So what if the runway and wigs aren't as glam as we've gotten used to. Seeing Katya was a good reminder that the American version has become hideous. Her outfit must have cost many thousands of dollars. She's still an overrated jerk.

by Anonymousreply 223November 9, 2019 12:06 AM

I can't stand Bendelacreme, from the first time I saw him I thought he was a phoney, egotistical arsehole. His fake arse moral grandstanding on the show and his bitchin and whining at Ru about his hairy-faced girlfriends' trans problems as if Ru is supposed to give a shit or something.... And on top of that his drag is a bore fest, it's not even "old school" or theatre it's just crap and that annoying affected voice he does is not funny or clever so much as grating, Ru shouldn't have ever brought him on AS.

by Anonymousreply 224November 9, 2019 12:55 AM

^ So Ben is straight?

by Anonymousreply 225November 9, 2019 1:56 AM

R225, I don't know if he's ever been with actual men before or not, I'm not invested in him to care to look into it. I only know about the Ru/trans thing because right after Ru had made his remark on transgenders, Ben, along with a number of other queens, instantly started wailing on social media about the importance of trans-identity, the trans community and how his girlfriend is a real man... blah blah blah... I think she nagged him into it or something because I recall seeing her comments about the "dangers" of incorrect pronouns and all that other stupid identity crap they like to cry about all the time before.

by Anonymousreply 226November 9, 2019 2:43 AM

^ So Ben is fucking a woman?

by Anonymousreply 227November 9, 2019 2:50 AM

I saw Dela live earlier this year as she was part of the Haters Roast tour. She was.... okay. Not great, but didn't suck. I noticed that none of the other queens really roasted her at all. I wouldn't be in a hurry to see her live again. Her winning five out of six challenges really highlighted how weak the AS3 cast was. She probably would have won a lot on AS4, but maybe not AS2 (which she turned down) as she would have had to contend with an extremely determined Alaska.

Jinkx was also part of the Roast and absolutely killed it. I mentally check out any time she starts in on her new 'non-binary ' identity, however, and thankfully it wasn't mentioned that night. If she's having trouble getting laid on Grindr, which is full of trannies and enbies these days, well...... there's a problem. I mean, she said so herself on Hey Qween that she got Magnolia Crawford to fuck her by 'being a boy' - not by being an overweight lecturing genderfluid.

by Anonymousreply 228November 9, 2019 5:21 AM

R227, Yes, a biological woman who thinks she's a man aka "transman"

by Anonymousreply 229November 9, 2019 2:50 PM

^ Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 230November 9, 2019 8:46 PM

Bendela isn't really lighting the drag world on fire, which...fine. Maybe happy living a quiet life. She is rarely mentioned by anyone in the business at all, let alone as someone who stands out (other than the self elimination) and her shtick is kind of sappy. She'd be perfect for a family Disney cruise, and I don't mean that in a shady way. Knott's Berry Farm queen. Get it where you can, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 231November 10, 2019 1:35 PM

I don't like Bendela and agree with R231 about her shtick. But she's not out of work. She and Jinkx are on tour with their Christmas show. Sort of like a Disney cruise I guess...Jinkx is talented but so damn hammy. She's better in an adults only setting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232November 14, 2019 7:36 PM

Is anyone still watching Drag Race UK?

by Anonymousreply 233November 14, 2019 8:21 PM

Yes, we are!

It was a predictable elimination but I agreed with it, especially after Alan pointed out the cheapness of the dress. And man, Baga turned it OUT for that lip sync. Such a better interpretation of that song than Cheryl's. Though that must be a bitch of a song to lip sync to - just compare the lyrics to the song last week.

by Anonymousreply 234November 15, 2019 12:02 AM

R233 Yes, you fat slag, we are!

by Anonymousreply 235November 15, 2019 12:17 AM

She is getting DRAGGED by Americans on Reddit. You know how lovey-dovey they are over there...

by Anonymousreply 236November 15, 2019 12:21 AM

Baga seven years ago, before the fat, the age, and the fillers. Such a handsome chav.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237November 15, 2019 12:22 AM

I have loved Baga since he was on the English drag queen show a ew years ago. She was a total hot mess then, so is cool to see how much more together she is now. And fuck her fat slag Mum, Americans are so soft

by Anonymousreply 238November 15, 2019 12:37 AM

I love Baga too. Drag Race is a new show. A lot like the original one. Thank Christ. I almost think Ru went to the UK to get away from the stifling american fanbase and his own dumbass decisions. Baga was a cute gay boy @ R237. He might have become handsome if he hadn't become a drunk drag queen. They're an entertaining bunch in the UK. But after season 2 it will be done. So many of the people who cover Drag Race, the commentators and reactors prove themselves total idiots even trying to understand British iconography and humor. Like Americans are extra stupid. I love that the UK fashion is referential and more campy than Vogue. Even that world travelling sophisticated (pretentious prick) Raja doesn't know how to critique them. Maybe it's time to talk about talent. Again.

There are so many fashion and ironic Drag Queens all over the map. RPDR UK reminds us that best Drag Queens are still personalities and performers.

by Anonymousreply 239November 15, 2019 12:56 AM

^ YES, it is nice getting back to drag queens who can actually talk. And crack a joke. And have a routine.

Christ, even filler queens like Blu Hydrangea were fantastic

by Anonymousreply 240November 15, 2019 1:00 AM

I've been quite satisfied with Drag Race UK season 1, having kept up with it through Reddit (which was useful for once). The queens seem more pleasant and less neurotic than the US queens (and less pandering to wokesters), and overall are a pleasure to watch.

Speaking of pleasurable viewing, the Brit Crew.... very well chosen! Still can't stop thinking of the bald one twerking last week.

Cheryl is a cute boy but it was definitely time for her to go. Interesting that each of the top 3 has won three main challenges.

Going to stick with my original choice of The Vivienne as the winner, even though Divina made it to the finals without having to lip sync. I can't warm up to Divina though, and Baga is just a shade too unpolished.

by Anonymousreply 241November 15, 2019 2:45 AM

I can't still believe that the hideous, obnoxious and talent free what's his name won last season of regular Drag Race. I can see his face but refuse to google his name.

I find Divina a bit too much of everything. She doesn't have a 7 octave range - she has a trick. But very talented and accomplished in most ways. A bit Courtney Act. She's already a star in the UK. I think they all are low key. I agree that The Vivienne will win, but I'm rooting for Baga. It's a no lose competition. And yes, Cheryl and Blu were completely enjoyable AND talented. It's been great fun to watch. Less neurotic - exactly as R241 so astutely stated. And the REAL bodies on the Brit Crew.....so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 242November 15, 2019 3:00 AM

[quote]And the REAL bodies on the Brit Crew.....so sexy.

Yes! Omg, that slight spread on the brown guy featured in this episode... drives me fucking nuts! 🤤

by Anonymousreply 243November 15, 2019 3:07 AM

I am watching and I love it. The Brit contestants are different from those of the US and that is okay. I think it's a Vivienne win (she seems to be an all-rounder). TBh I love all three of them and this season I did not dislike anybody. I know it is a tv show and criticism is part of the parcel of the show and that is fine, but the abuse some of the queens get over stupid things is ridiculous. Some stans are out of control.

by Anonymousreply 244November 15, 2019 8:38 AM

Slag of Chips really was a cunt to her mother. It went beyond the pale. I think the only reason she didn't get totally reamed from the judges as she should have, is because Ru/production didn't want to embarrass her mother even further. You could tell that Michaela wanted to say more, but was shut down.

Fine, they obviously have a less than happy history together, and that could have even been a good storyline, but seriously, no excuse. Baga's lipsynch was truly excellent, but hard for me to enjoy. I know, Mary! Whatever.

I would absolutely watch a talk show / variety show hosted by Divina and her gorgeous, funny, charismatic sister. They have tremendous chemistry. You don't see that often. Glad they won.

by Anonymousreply 245November 15, 2019 10:45 AM

I'm Canadian, and we are known for being overly polite, so take that for what you will. Perhaps I've lived in America too long, but count me in on being disgusted about the way Baga treated his mum. I agree that Viv is going to take the crown, and is the most well-rounded of the bunch.

This was a really good episode. They are certainly getting better, and now only one left. Time flies.

I wish I had a sister like Divina's. They legitimately seemed to be crazy about each other.

R232 Thanks for the info. I'm surprised at that twosome, they don't seem like a good match. As you said, Jinxx seems more of a fit for an adult audience. Well, I can sleep at night knowing Bendela isn't going to starve...

by Anonymousreply 246November 15, 2019 11:04 AM

Baga's mum is on Twitter and she explained the situation, saying that's the type relationship they have.

by Anonymousreply 247November 15, 2019 1:45 PM

She should have said something during the filming since most of the queens commented/noticed it in the werk room.

by Anonymousreply 248November 15, 2019 1:49 PM

r247 Exactly. Everyone's family dynamic is different and it's sometimes awkward when that's shown on television.

by Anonymousreply 249November 15, 2019 1:51 PM

Do the Brits care that a POC won’t win the show?

by Anonymousreply 250November 16, 2019 12:12 AM

I liked the first few episodes but the recent one with the makeovers was a major snoozefest. I enjoy the fact that the "winner" of Drag Race UK gets no cash prize lol.

by Anonymousreply 251November 16, 2019 12:54 AM

r247 WTF is a "mum"?? A flower or a short for mummy I reckon.

by Anonymousreply 252November 16, 2019 12:55 AM

It means "mom" in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 253November 16, 2019 12:56 AM

[quote]It's a day in gay heaven says Andrew Garfirld, a guy who has made sure to repeat over and over that is straight.

Well, I put Garfield in the same category as Jared Leto. It's not really gay baiting a la Nick Jonas. It's candidly flapping their lips about their private lives in the moment without thinking of the fallout their handlers will be desperate to contain. It is inevitably followed by a gaggle of agents and publicists desperately trying to walk it back for them. I have no doubt Garfield has had sex with men.

by Anonymousreply 254November 16, 2019 1:25 AM

God, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 255November 16, 2019 3:47 AM

I'll give the makeover prizes to team U.S. THe otherwise lackluster season 10 had great makeovers of social media influencers by Asia, Monique, Ms. Cracker, Eureka and Aquaria. And season 7's conjoined twins makeover of eliminated queens was very well done too. The season where they dragged out the crew was fun, if not as successful.

by Anonymousreply 256November 16, 2019 8:09 PM

Am I the only one who felt they had to stretch to find reasons to put Cheryl in the bottom? "Yes, they look like sisters, [bold]but[/bold] they don't [italic]look[/italic] like sisters!" Why not just say you did good but not as great as the other two?

The song for the lip-sync was a weird choice. I think one of the reasons Baga won is because she captured (or atleast tried to) the sadness of the song; where as, Cheryl had a smile on her face the entire time. I actually don't think Baga is that great of a theatrical performer. I think she lucked into "Much betta!" and that's why she's clung to it so hard.

by Anonymousreply 257November 17, 2019 3:31 AM

No you're not r257, and frankly I think Baga should have gone home - despite the three Ru badges. Her makeover and attitude towards her mum were both unpleasant, and her runways have two notes - spangly 1960's British upper class matron and warmed over Liza Minnelli (the former has a dress, the latter has stovepipe pants - otherwise it's the same thing). Just how many suits covered in sequins can one drag queen own? And people accuse Bianca of wearing the same dress on every runway!!!

by Anonymousreply 258November 18, 2019 4:15 AM

Cheryl Hole was robbed! She was too. She didn't deserve to be in the bottom two. Anyone with HD could see that Divina and her sister looked far more like shite! Cheryl really is a bit like Alyssa. Not a winner and a bit clueless, but she's perfect at being her own creation. And so was her sister.

by Anonymousreply 259November 18, 2019 4:33 AM

Mostly off-topic, but ...

The Drag Race subreddits have discovered this ... [italic]interesting[/italic] IG account. Nobody is sure if it's extreme mental illness or PhD-level trolling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 18, 2019 5:49 AM

That Instagram is fuuucked up, BUT I'm in stitches over this edit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 19, 2019 12:04 AM

Good news boys!! Eureka was Trans before, but she/he/them has de-transitioned!! He's available as a man again. Dressed as a little girl. Who believes this story?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262November 19, 2019 12:32 AM

So anyone else think the editing in the last few episodes is setting up Divina to win.

by Anonymousreply 263November 20, 2019 4:01 PM

Cute dancers, but then they usually are. How big are those two choreographers in the UK?

Any thoughts on the winner? I thought for sure it would be Divina.

by Anonymousreply 264November 22, 2019 2:48 AM

[quote]Any thoughts on the winner? I thought for sure it would be Divina.

The Vivienne has been loosely affiliated with the Drag Race world for a couple of years. At one point he was "brand ambassador" for Drag Race in the UK. I've assumed from the beginning he was the winner - and not undeserved. I think they were looking for somebody to anchor the brand there and Vivienne was the most obvious choice. Divina's a little too goofy and awkward for that job. Viv has the chops to go from crass to elegant without breaking a sweat.

It also looks like Viv is not the only one who snagged a WOW contract. There were teasers for a WOW Plus show after the episode with Viv and Bagga playing Trump and Thatcher - Premiering next month. Not really surprised. It was obvious in the final episode that while Divina and Viv were the obvious final two, Ru was clearly smitten with Bagga. When was the last time Ru hugged anyone in public - much less a Race contestant?

by Anonymousreply 265November 22, 2019 3:57 AM

For the first time in a number of seasons the rightful queen won. What does The Vivienne lack? Absolutely nothing. RPDR UK brought out the best in RuPaul. It was nice to see him enjoying himself and feeling a bit more connection to the contestants. He's shown a soft spot before for certain queens but it's been a long time since he displayed such warmth toward anyone the way he obviously delights in Baga. Yes the runways were mostly shit for everyone but the camaraderie AND bitchery was so much fun. It wasn't canned nastiness and overproduced hate. The Vivienne's Donald Trump is the best snatch game performance of all time. The regular judges were perfection. Alan Carr is more personality that Ru usually allows. The whole show was great fun. Cheryl Hole may not have won a challenge, but she's also very memorable. Great top 4. Can't wait for them to make some damn money and reap the rewards that the BBC denies them. Ru actually made me laugh when he said that he didn't expect to live much longer. It was a predictable but funny line. Onwards.

by Anonymousreply 266November 22, 2019 7:47 AM

This was the best season of drag race in a LONG time. Yes, the looks were often a bit rough, but so what? The last few seasons of US drag race have had amazing looks but utterly boring queens. Drag is about entertainment and the UK version entertained me every single episode

by Anonymousreply 267November 22, 2019 9:29 AM

R250 - we don't have the same issues with race here as you do in the US. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist in the UK, but the fact there were no PoC in the top 3 just isn't a big deal, just as it wouldn't have been a big deal if all three were PoC.

by Anonymousreply 268November 22, 2019 9:35 AM

The UK as a whole is also a lot less diverse than the US - it's 85% white or something like that. Travelling to or seeing shows set in large cities distorts that image.

I agree that it isn't an issue. Honestly, the bigger issue are those cringeworthy American elements, like Ru and Michelle playing - yet again - therapists on their podcast, asking the queens to give advice to their younger selves, and asking the queens why they deserve to win. That all seems pretty out of place in a British setting.

by Anonymousreply 269November 22, 2019 11:05 AM

[quote]Ru and Michelle playing - yet again - therapists on their podcast, asking the queens to give advice to their younger selves

I skipped those parts when I watched the finale last night. No longer interested in those sappy elements, it's boring and tiresome enough on the US show.

The Vivienne being the first UK winner was absolutely the correct choice. As Michelle noted last week, she comes off as regal, which is absolutely not a bad thing for a drag queen.

Nice touch having all the other queens return to witness her win, and having them chat with the final 3 during the judges' deliberations, especially since there won't be a reunion show (as far as I know).

Agree with R266 and R267 100%.

by Anonymousreply 270November 22, 2019 3:13 PM

I really enjoyed the finale and I really liked all three, especially Davina, but I am happy with the winner. I think she is very talented and I am looking forward to her WOW show. Soon after the result, the lovely angry fans were on twitter with 'Davina was robbed'. It is a TV show, get over it. All three will do well out of this so nobody is a loser in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 271November 22, 2019 3:27 PM

I think I most enjoyed the briskness of it all, 8 episodes, 1 hr apiece, no endless backstage stuff, no endless goodbyes at the end of the episodes, weepy drag queens getting in the SUV sadly waving as they are driven off, no big finale with thousands of drag queens in the audience screaming. Unfortunately, it'll get bigger if they continue...

by Anonymousreply 272November 22, 2019 7:01 PM

R267 I agree. The reason for this is simple, there was a different editing and creative team working the UK version. There was less focus on drama and stunts and more on actual talent. There was also "manufactured" stunts to try and get people talking. It was a first time in a while where the top three actually made sense and I would have been perfectly fine with either Divina or Vivienne winning. Maybe I'm so used to the American version's obvious editing, but I thought they were building Divina up to win.

by Anonymousreply 273November 23, 2019 1:47 AM

I found the final lipsynch to be a bit rote by both of them. They seemed to be going through the motions. Perhaps they both already knew? It didn't feel like either gave it their all. Maybe I am just used to the US queens getting so "extra", but isn't that part of being a drag queen? Blowing extra life into performances? Especially the very last one that (supposedly) is going to either give you the crown or your opponent.

Happy for Viv. I do think she was the "right" choice. Happy for all of them, really.

by Anonymousreply 274November 24, 2019 12:52 AM

r274 They were shit because the song is shit. Not a good song to lip sync to at all.

by Anonymousreply 275November 24, 2019 12:53 AM

This UK season was way better than anything the US version has put out in years. It actually highlighted to me how staged the US version is now. In the UK version, every week the right queens were in the bottom and the right one got sent home, the top three was made up of the queens who deserved to be there and one of them could realistically have won. As R273 pointed out, this is probably because they had a different production team at work who weren't focused on creating shocking or gag-worthy moments. I also believe Ru had total control over who went home and who won the competition which probably why he seemed happier and more energetic and not just phoning it in like on VH1. It's an open secret that Ru sold his decision making power for more money in the US.

by Anonymousreply 276November 24, 2019 4:18 AM

Okay, I'm going to need Divina to slowly step away from the red wig and the silver dress. Yes, we got the joke, time to move on. Rule of three and all that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277November 25, 2019 11:24 AM

Baga is sort of giving me Old Slag Edition Diana Dors/Jayne Mansfield on the right.

by Anonymousreply 278November 25, 2019 4:07 PM

The reunion show was charming as fuck. Love these slags

by Anonymousreply 279December 3, 2019 6:57 AM

There's a reunion? Thanks for letting me know R279. The American audience did watch but was bored by truly funny and multi talented slags who didn't slay by death drop or turning a "high fashion" lewk. Davina seems to be the Katya of the UK. All the gender confused children wanted her to win. The right queen did win, I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 280December 3, 2019 7:42 AM

Loved all the top three, for the first time in yonks.

by Anonymousreply 281December 3, 2019 8:09 AM

we don't have the same issues with race here as you do in the US.

What a larf, darling!

Brexit. Brexit. Brexit!

And that was all about the wrong kind of WHITE people.

by Anonymousreply 282December 3, 2019 10:30 AM

I thought there was an actual reunion show. What I saw was a self-congratulatory best of show that felt like what the American version does before the last episode. Maybe next week?

by Anonymousreply 283December 3, 2019 2:19 PM

r276 Ru and Michelle talked about production on a What's The Tea? podcast titled London.

The production in the UK ran smoother and ran on time. They (Ru and Michelle) didn't have to sit around forever waiting to do their bits on camera because production ran like clock work. Usually in the US their hours were long and production was not organized, not for any season. So basically working in UK professional. Working in US clusterfuck.

Ru and Michelle had reasonable hours and had time to do things after work. That's why Ru seemed happier, he also really loved being in England and loves the English. I don't blame him.

by Anonymousreply 284December 4, 2019 2:52 PM

Starts re-airing today on BBC One at 11:25 pm GMT. After the Graham Norton show, which is the usual slot for BBC Three productions. Fleabag aired at that time as well. Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 285January 10, 2020 10:59 AM

I finally watched the Series, and really enjoyed it, as everyone else has mentioned.

I found Davina, although very talented, very grating to watch in the workroom. Just so much gnawing insecurity built into everything she said and did - especially that fake hyena laugh. But, girl sure can dance and perform. I'd see her on stage, just don't want to hang out with her backstage.

It's been a couple months since these posts - has the WOW show been produced? Has the reunion show aired?

by Anonymousreply 286February 15, 2020 9:15 PM

I just bought the season on Amazon and I really liked it. I liked Baga. If he's such a conservative, he sure did a number on Maggie Thatcher and his mom did a number on him. Sounds like she behaved like a deadbeat dad and left him to start a new family.

by Anonymousreply 287February 14, 2021 11:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!