Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 Cast RuVeal: Let's Get... Underwhelming

You know you're running out of viable contestants when you start casting the drag daughters of luminaries like Sahara Davenport and Coco Montrese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 29, 2019 5:08 AM

Here's the livestream reveal if you have two hours to waste watching Adam Rippon read from a teleprompter and Aquaria stumble over her words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2019 2:23 AM

Brooke Lynn Hytes is this season's Kameron Michaels. She's also a former Miss Continental, though that didn't help Eliminaysha Lopez on S8.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2019 11:55 PM

Soju is adorable both in and out of drag

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2019 12:51 AM

Silky Nutmeg Ganache - she deserves the crown solely for her name.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2019 2:02 AM

Kahanna Montrese, Coco's daughter, is a sexy boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2019 4:20 AM

Drag is basically gay blackface.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2019 4:24 AM

Why is anyone still watching this garbage?

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2019 4:26 AM

Good question R7.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2019 4:39 AM

When is the sneak peek supposed to come out?

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2019 1:19 AM

looks like a fun cast.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2019 7:21 PM

r9 Tuesday, would be my guess.

Until then, we have this Build interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2019 7:30 PM

I'm preemptively rooting for Nina West.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2019 7:38 PM

Eleven is an unlucky number for Drag Race. More and more people are over it. Who remembers Aquaria and Shea? Not too many. All Stars 3 & 4 seriously fucked with the shows popularity across demographics. People really did turn it off midway through All Stars 4. Not as many online reviews and youtubers cover it anymore. Drag Con and endless online selling from the alumni has made tawdry and cheap fun very expensive. Ratings are down and will continue to slide. People have many faves from the 140 queens who already competed. There's still talent out there but no reality left of the show. Ru, Carson, Michelle and Ross are a syphilitic and predictable panel. RuPaul chose the wrong time to expand his dementia. I mean empire.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2019 3:19 AM

[quote]Who remembers Aquaria and Shea?

You mean Sasha, right? (And this proves your point, really.)

[quote]People really did turn it off midway through All Stars 4.

I know I did.

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2019 7:15 AM

They need to stop listening to Reddit. They obsess over the cheapest and least talented queens. Hopefully they learned their lesson when the scripted winner of AS4 Monet, who Reddit thinks invented drag, came in dead last in the general online voting, and was received with a collective eyeroll by the overall audience.

Also whenever Reddit faves like Naomi and Dusty are booked at a club because of their following online, they lose a ton of money because no one over the age of 14 wants to spend money to see Naomi and Dusty.

by Anonymousreply 15February 24, 2019 1:55 AM

r15 Yeah, that Reddit sub is not as awful as people make it out to be, but it sure loves defending the indefensible. Like Naomi, for instance. It's all those compassionate fraus who just want everyone to get along.

by Anonymousreply 16February 24, 2019 1:59 AM

Aquaria is selling out venues throughout Europe on a solo tour. But I don’t know what that bald man is up to, if anything.

by Anonymousreply 17February 24, 2019 1:32 PM

[quote]They need to stop listening to Reddit. They obsess over the cheapest and least talented queens.

Yeah, but Reddit also does a lot of ironic stanning for queens they know aren't very good. They actually poke fun at Dusty, for example, for her awful fashions and her stupid "NEVAH LAHVD YA!" catchphrase.

The RPDRCringe sub is good for getting perspective on which queens are overrated in the main Drag Race sub.

by Anonymousreply 18February 24, 2019 7:36 PM

It's funny you say that, R18, because I actually find the Cringe sub cringier than the actual sub. It's mostly a bunch of camel-toe SJWs posting about things the queens do or say that doesn't fit whatever their acceptably woke point of view is that day of the week. It's essentially an Evergreen State College protest.

by Anonymousreply 19February 25, 2019 6:04 AM

My favorite is when the main sub defended Monique for being a gay conversion therapist ("It's not like she used waterboarding or electroshock therapy!") and when they wanted RuPaul to be fired because she dared tell The Vixen to take accountability for herself at a time when The Vixen was treated as an infallible angel by the sub, and anyone who dared address her as anything else was immediately regarded as a racist.

It's such a cesspool of polluted hivemind.

by Anonymousreply 20February 25, 2019 6:08 AM

And this fascinating reddit conversation should be kept holy and secret and contained there. By the way, Aquaria is a bit of a flop on the solo tour. Nothing but complaints everywhere she goes.

by Anonymousreply 21February 25, 2019 6:09 AM

Meanwhile, Queen without a crown, Shangela was invited to the ball. The Oscars bitch. Halleloo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 25, 2019 12:25 PM

Losing the title 3 times has been the best thing to happen for Shangela

by Anonymousreply 23February 25, 2019 3:50 PM

I don't find the Cringe sub as sanctimonious as the main sub. I do like that they make fun of Tumblr lesbians who write fanfic about Katya and Trixie as "warm girlfriends."

by Anonymousreply 24February 25, 2019 5:30 PM

I don't find the Cringe sub SJW at all. In fact, it read more like DL to me the couple of times I was there, with the nastiness amped up to eleven.

r21 Delicious goss!

by Anonymousreply 25February 25, 2019 5:33 PM

The first episode preview is up. I'm looking forward to Yvie Oddly, Brooke Lynn, Hytes, Ariel Versace, Soju, and Miss Vanjie. I have a feeling Scarlet Envy and Raj'ah O'Hara are going to be the assholes of the seasons. Nina West reminds me of Mimi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 26, 2019 11:44 PM

I wonder if DJ’s invitation to the Oscars stipulated that he had to come as “Shangela” or else he would have been turned away.

I wonder if these guys get sad that their drag persona is famous and beloved yet no one knows or cares about the man under the wig and paint.

I’m sure there will be a Netflix documentary about this topic in the near future, LOL

by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2019 9:53 AM

Gurl, we have a blackface controversy! Brooke Lynn Hytes posing with a queen friend in 2013 withe the friend in Black Face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 27, 2019 11:10 AM

r26 That was a bit underwhelming for me. The only one that got me excited was Soju, but I have a feeling she's no Kim Chi. Even Silky Ganache wasn't as charismatic as in that interview with Rippon. I hope Scarlet Envy is the first one out.

r28 It's not Brooke's job to police her friends' drag. She apologized for posing with that person and I'm over it.

by Anonymousreply 29February 27, 2019 11:51 AM

I liked Soju's nunchucks but her makeup made her look like Elvis. After he'd died on the crapper.

by Anonymousreply 30February 27, 2019 12:03 PM

r30 Yes, that's exactly why I think her drag isn't as polished as Kim Chi's. Her makeup looked like it was melting, and her wig wasn't that great either.

I enjoy Vanjie's confessionals a lot and I wonder how far she'll make it this time around. Bitch is so much fun to have around.

Yvie's mouth is [italic]huge[/italic] and it's horrifying but also titillating. I can't be the only one feeling this way?

by Anonymousreply 31February 27, 2019 12:11 PM

I feel like a little will go a looooong way with Silky but she has the potential to become a big fan favorite and we’ll be stuck with her for two seasons straight.

I’m also impressed with how fun Vanjie was in that preview. I personally found her very obnoxious in her episode last year but she’s one of the ones I’m most excited about this year which might say a lot about the casting this time around.

by Anonymousreply 32February 27, 2019 7:27 PM

Boy pix

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 27, 2019 7:33 PM

I’ve been a fan of Soju for a while. He’s cute and seems sweet so I hope he goes far but her drag is probably too amateurish to get anywhere near the finals.

by Anonymousreply 34February 27, 2019 7:39 PM

r33 There's no way Yvie doesn't have a huge cock based on that photo, is there? He looks like a (way) prettier version of Aja.

I don't know what it is about Scarlet in and out of drag that annoys me so much.

by Anonymousreply 35February 27, 2019 8:21 PM

R35, I think it's the arrogance without much to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 36February 27, 2019 8:27 PM

Well, Scarlet is the hottest guy out of drag. Though he has to be careful of his angles with that nose.

Kahanna and Yvie also catch the eye but both have let their drag affect their out of drag look (i.e. dem eyebrows).

Rahja in drag has Diana Ross Eyes.

Pumped lips needs to die.

by Anonymousreply 37February 27, 2019 8:30 PM

The fact that some were automatically rooting for Soju with THAT entrance look... Choices.

by Anonymousreply 38February 27, 2019 8:32 PM

Her promo look was great, R38. I didn't even realize she was Asian from that. With the freckles and hair, she looked like a young ginger. She also seems to have more of a personality than all the Davenports combined.

by Anonymousreply 39February 27, 2019 8:35 PM

I can't even recall her entrance look, just her face and her wig. Such is the power of nunchucks.

by Anonymousreply 40February 27, 2019 8:36 PM

I can see how Scarlet's couple of comments in the entrance would put people off. But I loved that in the Build interview after Plastique was prattling on about how hard he's worked, how he's bought ya da ya da ya da, Scarlet interjected with a "So have we all, bitch".

I think Nougat Fudge will grate very quickly.

Brooklyn seems quite Chad. If Nina West is another Mimi, I will be happy.

by Anonymousreply 41February 27, 2019 8:38 PM

Brooke Lynn isn't doing herself any favors with that drag name. "Brooke Lynn Hytes" sounds like some try-hard, hipster wannabe; Brooke seems to have more to offer than that.

And her boy name is Brook Hayhoe, which is one of the best drag names possible.

by Anonymousreply 42February 27, 2019 8:46 PM

r41 Nutmeg seems like a positive and well-meaning person but has a lot of potential to grate real fast, yeah.

Haven't seen that group interview but that is a quality interjection form Scarlet. Plastique is another one who annoyed me in the preview.

by Anonymousreply 43February 27, 2019 8:48 PM

It’s gotta piss off Old Raja that there’s another Raja on this show who didn’t find it necessary to change her name.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2019 1:16 AM

From what we've seen of New Raja, I don't think Old Raja has anything to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2019 3:21 AM

Whenever I see Nutmeg all I can think of is the weird child character Amy Sedaris plays on her new show.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2019 10:55 PM

R43 Quality interjection? Just sounds like a run-of-the-mill observation with “bitch” tacked on. Unless she delivered it with Trinity Taylor panache...

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2019 11:54 PM

I stand by my choice of words. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 48March 1, 2019 12:03 AM

I was scrolling through Scarlet's IG. Apparently, she designed Detox' cookbook (what cookbook?).

by Anonymousreply 49March 1, 2019 12:04 AM

Scarlet did a show at the Beechman centred around Yma Sumac. Did anyone see it? She certainly looked great. I get the impression that she has good design skills but her collaborators do the making/application. It would explain the mug and chest in her entrance look.

by Anonymousreply 50March 1, 2019 12:07 AM

I get the impression Yvie is another Dax Exclamation Point. None of what she says lands in her interviews. I could see her being off target in challenges.

by Anonymousreply 51March 1, 2019 12:09 AM

Scarlet Envy has the same manly jawline as Dusty Ray Bottoms that makes them look like a bloke in frock no matter the wig, the gown, the makeup

by Anonymousreply 52March 1, 2019 12:16 AM

I am not a bloke!

by Anonymousreply 53March 1, 2019 12:29 AM

Why does this Scarlett person have no make up on? That's not a drag queen, it's a dude in a dreas.

by Anonymousreply 54March 1, 2019 1:08 AM

Some are speculating that it's a ploy to enable "growth" in her look across the season (presuming she has a significant stay). It seems strange that someone with strong ties to past queens wouldn't have been given a heads up on how to paint for television.

by Anonymousreply 55March 1, 2019 1:11 AM

Silky is getting on my goddamn nerves

by Anonymousreply 56March 1, 2019 1:55 AM

Alright...I am officially over Silky Nutmeg Obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 57March 1, 2019 1:55 AM

Has that RuVeal mess been uploaded to Dailymotion or some such service? They've made the YouTube upload private. I want to see which queen said "I never won any challenges anyway".

Aquaria should stay away from Twitter. She disavowed her participation in humiliating the queens with stupid games but... if she took part in the first place, she should take the heat. She is the definition of a clout chaser.

by Anonymousreply 58March 1, 2019 2:04 AM

Out of drag, Nina West looks like a Shrek’s cute lil brother

Really hating Ariel Versace but I guess I’m falling for her obvious “villain edit.”

by Anonymousreply 59March 1, 2019 2:23 AM

“Soju, your knots....were not landing.”

Good Lordt!

by Anonymousreply 60March 1, 2019 2:26 AM

Oh, Soju.

by Anonymousreply 61March 1, 2019 2:37 AM

Soju's outfit was embarrassingly bad.

Also what were with all the excuses? Kahanna crying about the struggles of being a drag daughter, bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 62March 1, 2019 2:37 AM

If Silky Obnoxious says " Bitch " one more time..my taint cyst is gonna explode.

by Anonymousreply 63March 1, 2019 2:46 AM

Miley Cyrus, auto-tuned to the max with generic songs that chase trends, telling the queens that she “keeps it real.”

by Anonymousreply 64March 1, 2019 2:48 AM

Soju's outfit was terrible. That's not sewing! I liked Silky's intro a lot but I'm over her! So annoying. Half as much, girl.

by Anonymousreply 65March 1, 2019 3:07 AM

Yvie Oddly's supportive dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 1, 2019 3:25 AM

Its especially touching to see a black dad being so supportive of his drag queen son r66.

by Anonymousreply 67March 1, 2019 3:32 AM

R67 And a hot Daddy

by Anonymousreply 68March 1, 2019 3:35 AM

Scarlet had a good mug for the runway, so she was just really too lazy to put on make up for her entrance.

by Anonymousreply 69March 1, 2019 3:37 AM

Wow, R64. Miley is one of the few young female stars who can really sing. She uses autotune for effect and the sound that unfortunately is required to sell pop music now. But the girl can sing just fine on her own. Check her out covering Dylan or singing New York State of Mind with Billy Joel. Her delicate vibrato is very much like Dolly Parton's, but she projects in a much more raw (and nasal) way. But her low tones are gorgeous and her musicality is legit. POP singers are often a joke, but Miley is a much more talented vocalist than Ariana or Katy or Taylor or Katy or Bebe. She's respectable. And you can't have live autotune with the mic she sings with here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 1, 2019 3:39 AM

It was all too damn confusing with trying to keep track of 15 girls.

Oh, poor Soju, she didn’t even try. At least she just drove back home from the studio, i imagen. She’s from LA, right?

Third-Ing the shit about Silky. OMG, please make it stop. Hate her already. I was hoping she was the first one gone.

Scarlett is stunning as a man but there is something off about her in drag. She does still look mannish.

The Asian boy that’s left is also incredibly attractive.

Glad to see Untucked again.

by Anonymousreply 71March 1, 2019 3:51 AM

Soju is a Chicago based queen r71.

Though really she is just a YouTube queen.

by Anonymousreply 72March 1, 2019 3:57 AM

Leslie Jones is a Drag Race fanatic. Her live tweets while she first watched past seasons were hilarious, insightful and gut reaction correct about most of the personalities. Of course RuPaul and WOW put a stop to it. But she commented all through every episode of several season.

Anyway, she just tweeted this about Miley, who has been on SNL at least 4 times in the last 5 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 1, 2019 4:04 AM

If you’re a fan of Soju out of drag like I am, check out some of his videos where he’s comfortable and in his element.

What was Silky’s ebtrance line? “Munch munch, Crunch crunch”? Is she....mentally impaired?

I understand that the “big girls” call themselves fat in order to disarm their bullies but pulling a cookie out of a roll of titty flab and eating that sweaty cookie on national TV?? Too much. Too. Much.

by Anonymousreply 74March 1, 2019 4:18 AM

Shuga Cain is very sexy out of drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 1, 2019 5:50 AM

They sho is an ugly bunch of queens. Season 11 is going to go down as the season where the bitches were busted.

by Anonymousreply 76March 1, 2019 5:54 AM

Any trans women in this cast?

by Anonymousreply 77March 1, 2019 5:58 AM

Silky is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 78March 1, 2019 6:02 AM

[quote]Any trans women in this cast?

Nope

by Anonymousreply 79March 1, 2019 6:09 AM

This bunch are definitely dudes in dresses. You don't have to be Plastique to make a good drag queen, but you do need a mirror. I always wondered at what age Monet X Change's broke her mirror - but now HE in the Drag Race Hall Of Fame. Talk about a brown cow. So what do I know? I do proclaim Season 11 the "Revenge of the Boogers." They might just make it back to the bar.

by Anonymousreply 80March 1, 2019 6:20 AM

White Sugar Kane’s fake ghetto blaccent was driving me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 81March 1, 2019 6:33 AM

"I got to be the big personality of the season!"

No, you don't, Silky. It's grating when a queen is all too aware of the cameras around.

by Anonymousreply 82March 1, 2019 7:03 AM

Agreed that Shuga Cane is blackfishing with a side of Oompa Loompa.

by Anonymousreply 83March 1, 2019 7:08 AM

Nina out of drag is the child in this gif.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 1, 2019 7:11 AM

Kahanna's random "In My Drag Mother's Shadow" bit on the runway reminded me of Blair's runway revelation - true or not, both read like a queen desperate to make a last minute mark from which to build her "platform".

by Anonymousreply 85March 1, 2019 7:15 AM

R85, poor Bianca got in a shitload of trouble for pointing out the obvious in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 86March 1, 2019 7:16 AM

There's no doubt that Kahanna can move but I was oddly more drawn in by Soju's face and selling of the lyrics. But the outfit was so busted...

by Anonymousreply 87March 1, 2019 7:16 AM

What was that random "white thug" part in Untucked? The ensuing, choppy conversation might have made sense if Scarlet had used the term, but she didn't, it was Nutmeg - so the schooling on thug as a byword for black had no spur.

by Anonymousreply 88March 1, 2019 7:20 AM

I wonder if Nina will explain her runway make up choices...

by Anonymousreply 89March 1, 2019 7:21 AM

Plastique is winning, I'm calling it now. The first real Instagram queen on the show who's truly polished.

by Anonymousreply 90March 1, 2019 7:22 AM

I didn't like the titty cover effect on Vanjie's outfit. The outfit was decentish but they cheapened it.

None of the looks were great, which I kind of liked. It felt like the early seasons.

by Anonymousreply 91March 1, 2019 7:23 AM

Overall though this cast is BUSTED. Like, early season busted.

by Anonymousreply 92March 1, 2019 7:24 AM

Mercedes disappeared on the runway, except for her brown cowhide face.

by Anonymousreply 93March 1, 2019 7:24 AM

The early seasons were amazing r92. Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 94March 1, 2019 7:25 AM

I thought it was funny how Scarlet got Raja and the next queen up got Jasmine. By the time Derrick Berry rolled around, I knew it wasn't "Legends" so much as "Lives in the vicinity".

by Anonymousreply 95March 1, 2019 7:26 AM

R70 Bebe... Bebe. Bebe Neuwirth?

by Anonymousreply 96March 1, 2019 7:28 AM

Rupaul needs to stop. This show is well past it’s expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 97March 1, 2019 7:28 AM

How did Ru stop Leslie Jones?

by Anonymousreply 98March 1, 2019 7:29 AM

Plastique's runway look was nice, but not exciting.

by Anonymousreply 99March 1, 2019 7:30 AM

Goddamn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 1, 2019 7:47 AM

Does Vangie have a new goodbye routine ready to go? Or will she stay on-brand by doing the backwards walk/“Vangie Vangie” thing from last year?

Does the audience want something new from her or does it want more of the same?

Vangie must be fucking tiny since the other queens tower over her.

by Anonymousreply 101March 1, 2019 8:16 AM

This season could be called “Plastique and the Filler Queens”

by Anonymousreply 102March 1, 2019 8:18 AM

One episode and already over 100 comments! Jeeez. For a show everyone stopped watching in protest last month, that’s a lot of buzz...

I’m watching the premiere now. There are way too many contestants for me to track them individually. All I know is that I resent Miss Vangie entirely for reasons that have little to do with her. That viral thing was so orchestrated that it pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 103March 1, 2019 8:25 AM

I don’t get the hype for Plastique. She seemed like a generic Insta girl.

by Anonymousreply 104March 1, 2019 8:27 AM

I don’t like long hair on guys, but...wow. This one is stunning looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 1, 2019 8:45 AM

Hoping Silky mellows out. Maybe she was nervous to be around all the other girls. Like Snookie's bad first impression on Jersey Shore. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 106March 1, 2019 10:43 AM

Thank you guys for calling out Shuga Cain's blaccent. Not just wrong but corny also. Soju's lip-sync was phoned in but I think she's fine. She can go back to her YouTube channel with a 'I was there' story. She clearly has no stage experience.

by Anonymousreply 107March 1, 2019 10:50 AM

R105 I’ve always had a weakness for guys like scarlet. Pretty but not generic face, long hair, a little bite to them. It’s gotten my heart broken many times through my early 20s.

by Anonymousreply 108March 1, 2019 11:00 AM

[Quote]White Sugar Kane’s fake ghetto blaccent was driving me nuts.

Does she look white to you? His real name is Jesus Martinez and he is salvadoreño.

by Anonymousreply 109March 1, 2019 12:12 PM

Plsatique ain't winning. and she can thank Aquaria for that.

by Anonymousreply 110March 1, 2019 12:31 PM

I'm hating that Ganache person. Miley was cute, but that goatee was tragic. Ganache practically molested her.

by Anonymousreply 111March 1, 2019 12:46 PM

My favourite queen out first, great. I think Silky might just be acclimating and will calm down substantially in the next episode or two. That's not a bad arc to have and it's certainly better than nothing. Mercedes is another bland person in flashy plumage, just like Kameron or myself. Not optimal for this competition.

I like long hair on men but Scarlet's is just all wrong for his square face. Yvie is so hot, although not as hot as his dad.

What the fuck was Ru wearing? A head to toe disaster.

by Anonymousreply 112March 1, 2019 12:50 PM

[quote]Out of drag, Nina West looks like a Shrek’s cute lil brother

She sort of gives me "closeted GOP politician caught bothering twinks on Grindr"

by Anonymousreply 113March 1, 2019 12:54 PM

Shuga (Jesus) and his husband

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 1, 2019 1:00 PM

I thought the RPDR sub would be defensive about Silky because it's only been one episode, but no, they are tearing into her hard, bitch. I see an epic breakdown and a Rudempton on the horizon.

by Anonymousreply 115March 1, 2019 1:11 PM

Silky is why you don't cast people with "personality". It's like the show intentionally jumped the shark with that clownery. But reality tv unfortunately is 75% personality/editing and 25% talent. Viewers don't demand more. However, I didn't find the cast as a whole to be as insufferable as the last few seasons.

by Anonymousreply 116March 1, 2019 1:24 PM

"Don't joke about that."

by Anonymousreply 117March 1, 2019 1:28 PM

Apparently some autistic folks on social media are claiming Silky as one of their own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 1, 2019 1:29 PM

Pretty sure that's just a joke..

by Anonymousreply 119March 1, 2019 1:34 PM

The stuff about Silky performing for the cameras. Are we supposed to believe it's possible to forget about the cameras? Not sure.

by Anonymousreply 120March 1, 2019 1:52 PM

r120 It is possible, just not in the first episode already.

by Anonymousreply 121March 1, 2019 1:54 PM

Funny how the loud ones (The Vixen) have shitty drag while the quiet ones (Acquaria) have killer drag.

I suspect that this applies to Silky, too.

by Anonymousreply 122March 1, 2019 1:56 PM

I'm too embarrassed to watch Roscoe's viewing party now that I see Silky was on. You just know they would have bitched about her if she hadn't been there.

by Anonymousreply 123March 1, 2019 2:17 PM

Silky is doing the most. Scarlet is by far the prettiest in and out of drag and actually resembles Scarlett O' Hara to me. I also thought it was funny when Miley Cyrus was talking about keeping it real. That missing tooth on that one drag queen is so distracting. It drives me crazy. Honey Davenport looked good. I agree this bunch is pretty busted but most of them always are to me. I like my drag queens pretty not looking like a bunch of club kids from the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 124March 1, 2019 2:50 PM

I think Scarlett is really cute as a man but pretty much looks like a man in a dress when in drag. Not pretty at all.

by Anonymousreply 125March 1, 2019 3:55 PM

Not to me. Scarlet looks pretty and most believable. Not a scary ugly club kid like I said. And yes, it's a crime Shangela hasn't won the stupid race. the fuck. Rupaul must be jealous or something.

by Anonymousreply 126March 1, 2019 4:00 PM

This season is going to be fucking terrible, going off that first episode alone. There’s truly nobody to root for.

by Anonymousreply 127March 1, 2019 4:01 PM

“Scarlet is by far the prettiest in and out of drag and actually resembles Scarlett O' Hara to me.”

For a minute there I thought you were referring to the actress from the movie GWTW, Vivian Leigh. But of course, the manly looking drag queen looks nothing like Vivian Leigh.

Which “Scarlett O’Hara” are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 128March 1, 2019 4:02 PM

Stunning, r105? Really?

by Anonymousreply 129March 1, 2019 4:06 PM

yes. Vivian Leigh. Certain angles there is a similarity to me. I assume that's why he chose the name and that red dress to wear. duh. He reminded me of the famous Scarlett resting bitch face in the red gown entering the b day party. Don't worry, Vivian Leigh is still very beautiful in GWTW and he doesn't come close like that. It's gonna be ok.

by Anonymousreply 130March 1, 2019 4:08 PM

yes. Vivian Leigh. I assume that's why he chose the name and red dress. duh.

by Anonymousreply 131March 1, 2019 4:09 PM

Don't worry, Vivian Leigh is still very beautiful. At certain angles there is a similarity. His face looked like the famous resting bitch face Scarlett has when entering the b day party in the red dress. I'm sure that's what he was going for. I see it.

by Anonymousreply 132March 1, 2019 4:14 PM

Scarlet's look gives me more Blaze Starr than Vivien Leigh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 1, 2019 4:15 PM

[quote] This season is going to be fucking terrible, going off that first episode alone. There’s truly nobody to root for.

And yet you'll be here each week discussing it.

by Anonymousreply 134March 1, 2019 4:57 PM

Vivien Leigh was one of the most beautiful women in the world. You are demented.

by Anonymousreply 135March 1, 2019 6:43 PM

Miss Scarlett looks more like Captain Butler.

by Anonymousreply 136March 1, 2019 6:45 PM

R135 Chill. She was only beautiful in GWTW. Oh well, he still resembled her to me last night. haha. You really getting offended.

by Anonymousreply 137March 1, 2019 6:56 PM

That's right, R134. What the fuck do you care? This isn't a thread for fangurls only.

by Anonymousreply 138March 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Scarlett and Prissy. Stunning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 1, 2019 7:04 PM

r137, I see it around the eyes. the rest is Pearl. When he was out of drag I just saw Pearl.

by Anonymousreply 140March 1, 2019 7:40 PM

^^^I see that too. It was just last night he made me think of her. I Don't know what he's gonna look like next. People getting so upset. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 141March 1, 2019 7:43 PM

My favourite two moments from last night: Ra'Jah O'Hara's earring getting caught on Ginger Minj, and Jasmine's "Olive Garden, whore." It's funny how I want an All Stars season to be over already whenever it's on, but moments like these during a regular season make me crave a new All Stars season. It's a vicious cycle!

Oh, and I broke down and watched Roscoe's viewing party. What an absolute disaster of a trainwreck. I felt bad for Trannika.

by Anonymousreply 142March 1, 2019 8:22 PM

reddit says Scarlett looks like Tammie Brown and I definitely see that too.

by Anonymousreply 143March 1, 2019 9:36 PM

Here's the thing about the RPDR subreddit: it doesn't matter how Silky acted. If all the other queens were playing into her catchphrases and said how much they loved her, those redditors would still be hyping the fuck out of her. They have no backbone and no taste; they follow the wave.

And for the commenter would said Shuga is Hispanic, do all Latinos try to sound like loud black women? No. Her affected blaccent was obnoxious and cringy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 144March 1, 2019 10:51 PM

Scarlet does look like Tammie Brown but Keith has the presentation and performance skills to "become" Tammie Brown. This Scarlet person just looks like a dude who played around in his sister's make up bag.

by Anonymousreply 145March 1, 2019 11:02 PM

Scarlett looks like Tanmie Brown x Blair St. Clair x Pearl.

There's also a bit of Adele in there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146March 1, 2019 11:09 PM

Pearl must be a good friend to allow her keep this pic up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 1, 2019 11:12 PM

Scarlett's beauty with full glam I can see but her entrance look and as a boy I don't. Average .

by Anonymousreply 148March 1, 2019 11:17 PM

Didn't Mercedes look pretty in her entrance look? The runway look was a complete bust. Scarlet looked fine on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 149March 1, 2019 11:26 PM

Apparently, Monique is going to be in Madonna's new music video - further proof that Ciccone's taste has evaporated.

I'd have picked Nina Bonina. He could give you Ike annnndd Tina.

by Anonymousreply 150March 1, 2019 11:28 PM

Scarlet and Aquaria. (What's a Brooke Candy?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 1, 2019 11:31 PM

R150, does it take place on a burn ward?

by Anonymousreply 152March 2, 2019 12:28 AM

According to The Reddit, Brooke Lynn and Vanjie started dating during or S11 filming and broke up last month.

by Anonymousreply 153March 2, 2019 1:18 AM

^ during or after

by Anonymousreply 154March 2, 2019 1:18 AM

Nina West is cute out of drag in a guy next door kinda way.

by Anonymousreply 155March 2, 2019 4:12 AM

It's official.. Drag Race has jumped the shark pool

by Anonymousreply 156March 2, 2019 4:24 AM

I stopped watching a long time ago, but from random clips seen here and there over the years, the drag queens all seem to look exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 157March 2, 2019 4:27 AM

Not Monique, Monet

by Anonymousreply 158March 2, 2019 5:43 AM

Phi Phi claims she was also asked to be in the Madonna video (apparently a lot were asked), but decided because it was so last minute to say no.

by Anonymousreply 159March 2, 2019 5:45 AM

R159 Of course he was

by Anonymousreply 160March 2, 2019 6:04 AM

For me, this show has gone from "who will win?" each week to "who will go?".

by Anonymousreply 161March 2, 2019 7:22 AM

Yea I liked it better when it was underground on LOGO with the gay commercials. Only thing good about VH1 is HD.

by Anonymousreply 162March 2, 2019 10:32 AM

I might root for Nina West. I like she has inspirations.

by Anonymousreply 163March 2, 2019 11:38 AM

Brooke Lynn Heights looked hot as a boy.

by Anonymousreply 164March 2, 2019 12:02 PM

Nina West may be the new Charlie Hides

by Anonymousreply 165March 2, 2019 12:09 PM

Nina West is the new Shecky Greene

by Anonymousreply 166March 2, 2019 2:28 PM

The Season 11 cast makes one miss the talents and beauty of Alexis Michelle, Jade Jolie, Dida Ritz and The Princess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 2, 2019 2:50 PM

Just don't call her fat ! ^^

by Anonymousreply 168March 2, 2019 3:04 PM

Seeing corny, big pharma birth control commercials during drag race just doesn't seem right...

by Anonymousreply 169March 2, 2019 3:08 PM

Drag queens have heavy flow days too!!!

by Anonymousreply 170March 2, 2019 4:09 PM

I love this youtube comment regarding Scarlet's entrance look:

[quote]Scarlet Envy looks like the civilian contestant of the makeover challenge whose queen gets eliminated.

Raja and Aquaria were adorable this week. Well, Aquaria is adorable this week. And Manila is hosting this season's The Pit Stop. That's the only good news so far for season 11.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 3, 2019 8:05 AM

I tried to watch Mayhem and Morgan's review of the promo looks but I only made it 45 seconds in to the video. Raja & co. have it down.

by Anonymousreply 172March 3, 2019 4:21 PM

Holy shit. That Scarlet still is unflattering. Raja said that he should have worn his own hair. That might have been interesting.

by Anonymousreply 173March 3, 2019 4:27 PM

I pray to the Drag Gods that Silky Boogers is eliminated next week. I've never had such a instant dislike of a contestant before as I have for this Mess.

by Anonymousreply 174March 3, 2019 7:05 PM

Has any queen fallen from grace harder and faster than Silky? It's quite something to watch. She's now getting those fans who only ever support the scandalous and problematic queens, like Vixen. And we all know what those people are like, as we've had the distinct honour of having them here as well.

I've heard people saying she's like Mimi Imfurst and Eureka in one. But neither of those were nasty. Did you hear Silky unload on Soju immediately after coming backstage on Untucked? That wasn't even shade, it was just nastiness. Like she's above her and is offended she's even on the same show as her.

by Anonymousreply 175March 3, 2019 7:48 PM

Silky will now have to come out as trans in order to save face.

by Anonymousreply 176March 3, 2019 7:54 PM

I can’t believe how invested some of you are in these characters. Is this more than a game show to you?

by Anonymousreply 177March 3, 2019 7:55 PM

Of course, bitch. It's the Olympics of Drag.

by Anonymousreply 178March 3, 2019 8:00 PM

r177 We're not invested, we're entertained. Hence the spirited discussion. Have you ever been around straight guys discussing sports at all?

by Anonymousreply 179March 3, 2019 8:05 PM

Silky’s behabior on episode 1 has been embarrassing. I wonder if she’ll be able to read the room and eventually tone it down, doubtful though. Scarlet is a pretty as fuck boy.

by Anonymousreply 180March 3, 2019 9:53 PM

r180 I speculated that she might tone it down eventually but then I saw her Roscoe's appearance and now I'm not so sure anymore. I think she legitimately only has that one setting.

by Anonymousreply 181March 3, 2019 9:57 PM

Speaking of Roscoe's, when did Trannika become T Rex?

by Anonymousreply 182March 3, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote]I've heard people saying she's like Mimi Imfurst and Eureka in one.

Somebody on Twitter claims Silky is a creepy sex pest, so she has that in common with Mimi. She isn't named in the thread, but it's pretty obvious who's being talked about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183March 3, 2019 10:09 PM

Background on Mimi's sex pestitude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 3, 2019 10:13 PM

r183 I read at least one account of Silky grabbing the crotch of a (gay) guy immediately after someone introduced them. I didn't know that about Mimi, r184. I thought they were likening Silky to Mimi because she grabbed Miley and carried her around like a doll without her consent.

r182 She explained it during the first viewing party for AllStars 4. She said when enough people tell you that your name bothers them because it's problematic, you have to decide if it's worth the bother and just change it. Of course we all know WOW becoming officially affiliated with the viewing party was what did it. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a red line for them.

by Anonymousreply 185March 3, 2019 10:24 PM

[quote]I thought they were likening Silky to Mimi because she grabbed Miley and carried her around like a doll without her consent.

Both of them have a problem with boundaries in general.

by Anonymousreply 186March 3, 2019 10:26 PM

Shangela has been accused of being rapey as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 3, 2019 10:28 PM

Thanks for the explanation. "T Rex" sucks as an alternative.

by Anonymousreply 188March 3, 2019 10:28 PM

That Shangela thread reads like a parody.

by Anonymousreply 189March 3, 2019 10:31 PM

r187 That is horrific. But also, who shoves someone into a closet to have sex with them? What's that all about?

r188 It's awful and a completely flat alternative. Should've asked people on social media to help her out with her new name and she'd get a far better one in two minutes.

by Anonymousreply 190March 3, 2019 10:36 PM

The first name that came to mind is Trika Rex (or Tricka to strengthen the trick/ho connection). It's related to her original name. It also sounds like a character from Jem & the Holograms, which is a plus in my book.

by Anonymousreply 191March 3, 2019 10:43 PM

r191 Honestly, Trich Rex works even better because of the trichomoniasis connection in addition to the ho thing you mentioned. Though I wonder how many would get all that.

by Anonymousreply 192March 3, 2019 10:47 PM

I don't think people even have to get it. It should just be memorable. A unique spelling is also an advantage.

by Anonymousreply 193March 3, 2019 10:53 PM

Trych ReXxX

by Anonymousreply 194March 3, 2019 10:56 PM

We have Raja, Aja, and Ra'ja so why not Taja?

by Anonymousreply 195March 3, 2019 10:56 PM

Taja for Trannika? She's a little too whitebread to get away with "Taja".

by Anonymousreply 196March 3, 2019 10:59 PM

Who is the blacked out tweeter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 3, 2019 11:40 PM

I'm watching the Roscoe's Viewing Party video. A question -- do the queens know that they have microphones, and that they are on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 3, 2019 11:52 PM

r198 T's face at 31:03 says it all.

by Anonymousreply 199March 3, 2019 11:56 PM

Is Nicorette a thing everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 200March 3, 2019 11:57 PM

But The Vixen did have bad behaviour that couldn't be explained away, so I don't get Trannika's face. Not everything out of Vixen's mouth was about repping the Black Experience. Remember her whining in Untucked about being betrayed by Monique and Monet in front of the judges? "This was MY DREAM" etc. That was textbook "Act a fool, girl." She was not putting the world to rights then.

by Anonymousreply 201March 4, 2019 12:02 AM

I think that face was because of Soju's drunk shrill voice being sent into the mic, not because of what was being said. The guy in the back forgot to adjust the levels.

by Anonymousreply 202March 4, 2019 12:05 AM

Okay, Who will be the first to have nudes leak or be found to have done porn?

by Anonymousreply 203March 4, 2019 1:46 AM

You can check out r/gonewildrpdr if they have anything yet. I refuse to go there because it turns into a thirsty rabbit hole and I just end up fantasizing about eating this and that ass.

by Anonymousreply 204March 4, 2019 1:52 AM

Oh, Ariel. Put it away.

by Anonymousreply 205March 4, 2019 1:58 AM

Ok. BLH is a big ol' bottom then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 4, 2019 2:05 AM

Yeah, Vanjie did always strike me as a top (maaaaybe vers), so that pairing makes sense now.

by Anonymousreply 207March 4, 2019 2:09 AM

Okay, I take that assumption back upon seeing this pic. I thought he was more stacked than that for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 4, 2019 2:11 AM

Maybe it's because he has a big head but it always look like Vanjie's body is a product of sheer will, coffee and cigarettes. I expect he was bigger pre-drag.

by Anonymousreply 209March 4, 2019 2:44 AM

Vangie dating Brooke? I just can’t imagine. I’d love to be a fly on the wall just to see how they flirt and be sexy and intimate with each other.

by Anonymousreply 210March 4, 2019 3:50 AM

I couldn't even watch Roscoe's broadcast because of that Silky Booger Mess... Bitccccchhh...Bitccchh.....Bitccccchhhh. Please make it go away.

by Anonymousreply 211March 4, 2019 4:02 AM

Here's Vanjie and BLH interacting during promo. If they broke up, they're doing a good job being cordial (on camera).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 4, 2019 4:09 AM

Milk has a body that truly doesn't quit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 4, 2019 4:15 AM

Guess Who

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214March 4, 2019 4:24 AM

^ Kameron Michaels

by Anonymousreply 215March 4, 2019 5:37 AM

r209 You're right, it's definitely the big head and the loudness that threw me off.

r214 There's some debate around whether that's 'shopped or not.

by Anonymousreply 216March 4, 2019 2:13 PM

Looks shopped. Would need other angles

by Anonymousreply 217March 4, 2019 2:30 PM

So all the queens have "problematic" behavior in their pasts. Gasp!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 218March 4, 2019 2:32 PM

Yeah, the #MeToo reckoning in the drag world won't happen, I think, just because the lines are so blurred and it mainly involves horny thirsty gays. It would have to be an outright rape for me to give a shit. Sorry if that sounds horrible.

by Anonymousreply 219March 4, 2019 2:39 PM

No, I totally agree with you r219. The SJWers are trying to apply #metoo to the queens but it isn't sticking. Bet they are pissed

by Anonymousreply 220March 4, 2019 6:35 PM

So many fatties.

by Anonymousreply 221March 4, 2019 7:14 PM

I have met Mimi several times. She made it known that she was interested and put the moves on me. Once I let her know I wasn’t interested, she was nothing but understanding and respectful. This was way before her “#MeToo” allegations came out. Although I have no way of knowing if they did in fact happen, I know how she behaved with me (in a situation where alcohol was involved, which says a lot) and I suspect her accusers were people who thought they could benefit in some way from behaving as if they were victimized.

All I’m saying is, take these allegations with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 222March 5, 2019 7:49 AM

How do SJWs get laid?

They expect the other person to make all the moves! If that person is ugly, then it’s rape, but if that person is good looking, their aggressiveness is seen as confidence.

If someone they don’t like hits on them, they go along with it only to later cry rape.

In my 20s I got hit on by unwanted creeps all the time and if I didn’t like it, I’d tell them to stop (sometimes in a rude way, sometimes politely) and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 223March 5, 2019 5:34 PM

[Quote]In my 20s I got hit on by unwanted creeps all the time and if I didn’t like it, I’d tell them to stop (sometimes in a rude way, sometimes politely) and that was it

Well yeah, that's the idea. When you tell someone no they should listen to that. The complaining is about when they won't stop even when you are telling them no.

That said I don't know if I believe any of these accusations, but just saying.

by Anonymousreply 224March 5, 2019 5:37 PM

Exactly. People just want to be asked whether they want to have sex with you, instead of getting pinned to the wall and assaulted because they obviously wanted it or they wouldn't be in a gay bar and drinking alcohol and dressed like sluts and...

Verbal consent is not rocket science; it literally only takes one word.

by Anonymousreply 225March 5, 2019 5:47 PM

I hope that you guys get sexually assaulted and then when you seek help, you are accused of being an SJW who is "crying rape" because you have some scam in mind.

Seriously, I really hope that this happens to you. Or, better yet, to someone you care about.

by Anonymousreply 226March 5, 2019 6:33 PM

R224, the only times I’ve had a guy continue hitting on me after I told them to stop, was when they were shit faced drunk. That makes them drunks not rapists.

R226, I actually was raped. I don’t mean a drunk grabbed my balls either. Actual rape. I was 13 and he was in his 30s. And I did seek help eventually and since then, I’m pretty open about it to. Not once have I been accused of being an SJW.

Now I have to deal with losers like you who think a drunk grabbing them is rape. In most cases I hear about this, the “victim” admits to going along with it and assuming the other person should’ve read their minds. And of course instead of going to cops they instead go on social media anonymously.

The metoo movement is now stalling because of all the petty accusations made by snowflakes as yourself. It went from taking down the Weinsteins to now targeting Asia Ansari or whatever his name is. It went from actual rape victims to now being rich white privileged snowflakes who have lived in a bubble their whole lives and think a bad date is rape.

by Anonymousreply 227March 5, 2019 7:13 PM

[quote]That makes them drunks not rapists.

No, it makes them sex pests who should not be drinking if they can't take no for an answer as a result of their drinking. Alcohol does not absolve you of any responsibility as you made the choice to drink it in the first place and in doing so accepted the responsibility for everything that might stem from that decision. Being drunk or sober makes no difference when it comes to sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 228March 5, 2019 7:17 PM

[quote]Seriously, I really hope that this happens to you. Or, better yet, to someone you care about.

So an innocent third party needs to be raped in order for you to feel vindicated.

by Anonymousreply 229March 5, 2019 7:21 PM

The Shangela story is strange, perhaps less so if the accuser is very young.

But if the Silky accuser was unable to move due to Silky's weight etc. , how can you argue with that? Feeling physically powerless is a terrible feeling. If there's security footage of that, I hope it leaks.

by Anonymousreply 230March 5, 2019 7:24 PM

R228,

You’re an ugly little bitch trying to equate a drunk grabbing your crutch to actual rape.

R229,

That’s all SJWs for you. They claim rape is the worst thing ever and then wish it upon anyone who doesn’t agree with them. In this case that loser wants someone totally unrelated to get raped.

These scumbags are deluded.

by Anonymousreply 231March 5, 2019 7:25 PM

Sneak peek of episode two is out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232March 7, 2019 3:00 AM

I was I'm on set with a majority of queens, and Silky was there. Yes, that's how she actually behaves. She'll actually just say stuff (with "Bitch") of course to no one in particular in the hopes that someone is going to listen. This was with a bunch of grips moving stuff around. Makes me dislike her even more.

Trinity is surprisingly petite in person, and despite her nose job, it's still pretty prominent. It must have been huge prior the surgery. Raven looks weird with hair when he's a guy, The Brown Cow's (can't remember the name) makeup skills have not improved (usually everyone's skills improve post productions). Pandora is adorable, and very quiet. Jujube is a cutie. I'm hoping that Katya and Kim Chi will be there today.

And Ru is stunning in person as lady Ru. Really an amazonian goddess. At 58, she can prance and dance around in 5" platforms better than most biological women.

by Anonymousreply 233March 7, 2019 1:15 PM

I enjoyed the preview for tonight's episode a lot and Silky didn't annoy me. Not even with her little game to yet again center the attention on her. I know Scarlet was just trash talking Brook, but why not let someone feel their oats for a moment, especially after they just won the first challenge of the season?

r231 Where in my post was I equating grabbing a crotch with rape? I just said alcohol is not an excuse for sexual assault of any kind, crotch grabbing or rape. I don't care if you find crotch grabbing innocent; that's your particular psychological issue. And why are you so angry? You know what, spare me your sob story, that's between you and your therapist. Let's just ignore each other from now on.

by Anonymousreply 234March 7, 2019 7:44 PM

Anyone else enjoying the schadenfreude of Monet ending up as just a background body in Madonna's music video and not even meeting Madonna, after all that drama?

[quote]Pandora is adorable, and very quiet.

r233 One of my all-time favourites, so this was nice to hear.

by Anonymousreply 235March 7, 2019 7:52 PM

The fat loud black man in this season needs to die

by Anonymousreply 236March 7, 2019 8:07 PM

I liked Pandora until All Stars. I didn’t like Mimi but I felt Pandora showed an ugly side to her when with her.

by Anonymousreply 237March 7, 2019 8:09 PM

Uh oh, Mercedes talked about her stroke on the runway immediately after getting a negative critique.

When Blair St Clair did that, Datalounge instantly called her a histrionic liar.

You in danger, Mercedes!

by Anonymousreply 238March 8, 2019 2:20 AM

[quote]When Blair St Clair did that, Datalounge instantly called her a histrionic liar.

Because the intention is obvious, it is trying to distract from a negative critique. It doesn't matter if it is true or not, you know why they are suddenly bringing up this story.

by Anonymousreply 239March 8, 2019 2:30 AM

MERCEDES!

by Anonymousreply 240March 8, 2019 2:37 AM

Bobby Moynihan = one of my favorite guest judges ever

by Anonymousreply 241March 8, 2019 3:06 AM

The Montrese person who got the chop was clearly not ready for prime tie. I wouldn’t be surprised if he realizes that drag success isn’t his destiny.

by Anonymousreply 242March 8, 2019 3:50 AM

Does Silky remind anyone else of Shirley from 'What's Happening!' and 'What's Happening Now!!'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243March 8, 2019 4:25 AM

A stroke is a serious thing, but after the "I have a cyst on my taint" from last week, I think the audience is pretty much done with excuses on the runway.

At any rate, I sense Mercedes is going to go the route of Monica Beverly Hillz (remember her?): a big confession on the runway followed by a lip sync win, and then a quiet exit next week. She doesn't stand out.

by Anonymousreply 244March 8, 2019 5:19 AM

APPALENZ!

by Anonymousreply 245March 8, 2019 5:46 AM

Oh big surprise, Shuga did well in an episode where she had to talk like a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 246March 8, 2019 5:46 AM

RuPaul said “waa waah” at least twice last night. Is Joslyn Fox coming back?

by Anonymousreply 247March 8, 2019 10:08 AM

I said Mercedes was too unassuming for this competition and I was right. Still, I was certain she'd go home over Kahanna after that horrific lip sync.

They pretty much all sucked in that acting competition and yet we get another acting thing next week, with obviously bad results. This is going to be a long season. Who is that guestcunt in the preview who said "I have nothing positive to say"? Dude, it might be true, but just try and be more gracious about it.

Were people really amused by the Asian minstrel act Plastique was putting on?

by Anonymousreply 248March 8, 2019 1:52 PM

A friend knows Pandora and says that she's a messy, angry drunk who goes on and on about being "a Top."

by Anonymousreply 249March 8, 2019 1:54 PM

Eugh, that's disappointing to her.

by Anonymousreply 250March 8, 2019 1:57 PM

*to hear

by Anonymousreply 251March 8, 2019 1:57 PM

Pandora is messy online too—she's easily triggered by criticism and she posts dramatic, weepy, self-pitying stuff in reply. Not long ago she got all woe-is-me when Jinkx read her as part of a Haters Roast show. I think she's basically a sweet person, and I know she struggles with depression, but she's probably too sensitive for social media.

Unfortunately, she hasn't really elevated her drag since S2, and she fucked up her momentum by acting like a brat on All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 252March 8, 2019 5:42 PM

Pandora's another one that's become a Drag Race punchline. The other RPDR alumni never waste an opportunity to mock her for being a comedy queen that's not all that funny.

by Anonymousreply 253March 8, 2019 5:48 PM

Pandora is sort of the poor man's Jinx.

by Anonymousreply 254March 8, 2019 5:48 PM

Scarlett resembles Alicia Silverstone.

by Anonymousreply 255March 8, 2019 6:10 PM

I can see that, r255.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256March 8, 2019 6:19 PM

Scarlet Envy looks like that one big barbaric chick who'll try to kill Kelly on Charlie's Angels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257March 8, 2019 8:37 PM

That terrible reading of "Oppolence you own everything" makes me chuckle everytime I think of it.

I didn't mind this acting challenge, a few did well, and the script was much better than the last few have been.

by Anonymousreply 258March 9, 2019 12:21 AM

Michelle should have gone through the word "opulence" syllable by syllable, instead of simply repeating it over and over again. Some people have bad diction, it happens.

I thought Brooke would nail this challenge, for some reason. But damn she sucked hard.

by Anonymousreply 259March 9, 2019 12:31 AM

Shea Coulee gave some sanctimonious lecture on Twitter about how this challenge was racist.

by Anonymousreply 260March 9, 2019 12:34 AM

I haven’t seen Black Panther but based on the parody, it sounds awful

by Anonymousreply 261March 9, 2019 12:35 AM

It was more than a case of bad diction r259, everything about her line reading was off.

But it was so bad it's good, she created a memorable moment.

by Anonymousreply 262March 9, 2019 12:36 AM

Both of those parodies were absolutely dreadful. Bobby Moynihan was useless as a judge.

by Anonymousreply 263March 9, 2019 1:16 AM

The Get Out one seemed longer and made a little more sense.

by Anonymousreply 264March 9, 2019 1:37 AM

It’s funny that Scarlett was picked last and yet won the competition. Good for her.

Can’t feel bad for the queen that went home since she didn’t stand out at all.

by Anonymousreply 265March 9, 2019 7:36 AM

Scarlett is interesting. She seems pretty on the show, but in still photos her made-up face is rather jarring. As a guy, he’s gorgeous from certain angles.

by Anonymousreply 266March 9, 2019 7:43 AM

Michelle can't be blamed. Monique tried to bulldoze (typical Monique, she's very that) Mercedes into saying it right but she couldn't get. Maybe it's her native vowel sounds or something.

by Anonymousreply 267March 9, 2019 7:59 AM

Scarlet's delivery of the Pretty Woman quote in the talking head part after she got picked last, solidified why I like her. There's a sense of humour there. All haughty bitches/potential villains need to find the joy in their lane, otherwise they become buzzkills - like the Vixen trying to end Aquaria with "you're not funny" rather than with an actually funny putdown.

by Anonymousreply 268March 9, 2019 8:05 AM

I don't object to Scarlett and Yvie winning as a duo but I don't think I'd support a solo win from either, especially Yvie. There's something very hack about her "freak" persona. I didn't think the crazy laugh bit was funny at all.

I liked A'Keria the best, probably. There's something very down the line about her.

by Anonymousreply 269March 9, 2019 8:09 AM

I haven't seen Black Panther or Get Out. The Get Out parody was much more watchable, though neither were great.

by Anonymousreply 270March 9, 2019 8:10 AM

I was glad Plastique wasn't a star of the episode. The whole "foreign people talk funny" thing is so played out.

by Anonymousreply 271March 9, 2019 8:14 AM

I like Yvie. She's smarter than some of these bitches. And Vanjie is proving why she needed to come back.

by Anonymousreply 272March 9, 2019 12:24 PM

Yvie is annoying. I don't know her so I'm still waiting to be impressed by her drag. That "techno lion" look only stood out because everyone else was so boring.

by Anonymousreply 273March 9, 2019 1:13 PM

I feel like Yvie will be given the Sharon Needles edit of 'I'm such a #weirdo that no one understands back home, these girls don't take me or my #weirdo drag seriously!' and then end up going really far.

by Anonymousreply 274March 9, 2019 2:37 PM

I definitely suspect Yvie will go far, and I am okay with that. I like what I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 275March 9, 2019 2:42 PM

Question. Do the producers prompt and teach contestants to speak in the unique candence and emphasis that Drag Race contestants always use and I have never heard anywhere else? When they’re being “funny” in skits, or even just reading one another, they emphasize the most random words in a way that no one would ever do, and I don’t get it at all. It’s a hallmark of this show for me, so it makes sense on those terms, but even in porn actors deliver lines like their brain circuitry isn’t out of order, unlike on this show.

Example: “You ARE a dirty scumbag. WHY don’t YOU get out of HERE!”

by Anonymousreply 276March 9, 2019 2:43 PM

It's just dramatic gayspeak.

by Anonymousreply 277March 9, 2019 2:58 PM

The Vixen is on Twitter calling the episode tone deaf and she thinks the challenge was “vague booking” her.

I didn’t have an opinion about A’Keria either way — although she is interesting to look at in confessionals — but her impression of Mercedes saying OPPA LANCE had my howling.

by Anonymousreply 278March 9, 2019 4:21 PM

Vanjie is hilarious in her confessionals. I don't get the Scarlett love- I thought she was very onenote. All of her IG photos are edited to soften her jaw and chin, and that's why she looks like a guy in a dress on the show.

by Anonymousreply 279March 9, 2019 5:04 PM

“I don't get the Scarlett love.”

Scarlett is sexy as a guy, and by Drag Race contestant looks standards, he is a god. That’s all the love is about, nothing more. He’s young and attractive. It’s not a lasting kind of attraction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280March 9, 2019 5:11 PM

I guess this means that he makes the top 3 and will fuck the producer Steven Corfe.

by Anonymousreply 281March 9, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote]The Vixen is on Twitter calling the episode tone deaf

r278 I... could see that. Though an ethnically-inspired acting challenge was bound to be controversial, even if it were written and performed like a quality play.

[quote]and she thinks the challenge was “vague booking” her.

Of course.

by Anonymousreply 282March 9, 2019 5:24 PM

r281 Literal full-body cringe just reading his name. I hope that sleaze is more circumspect in the post-MeToo era.

by Anonymousreply 283March 9, 2019 5:26 PM

OPPA LENS!

YOU!

OWED!

EVVATHIN!!

by Anonymousreply 284March 9, 2019 6:29 PM

R282, unfortunately the show is at a place where the fan base consists of shrill harpies screeching WHY DOESNT THE SHOW REPRESENT XYZ?! THIS IS PROBLEMATIC!!!! I’ve never seen a show been called racist/transphobic as much as one hosted by a black drag queen. There’s essentially a gun pointed at the show to shovel in #Woke material every single week. And when they do, it’s ripped apart for not being the type of woke the audience is feeling that week.

They’re damned if they do, and damned if they don’t. There’s no satisfying these people.

by Anonymousreply 285March 9, 2019 6:43 PM

R285 I agree with you, and I also think people who reject those notions are often equally overly invested in what this show does thematically. It is a satire of America’s Next Top Model and Project Runway starring men in dresses and makeup giving intentionally poor performances. If anything EVER in the history of mankind ever demanded not to be taken seriously, it is this. And yet social justice warriors and defenders of the old ways alike are obsessively concerned with RuPaul’s nefarious motivation to make money, his cruel—SO CRUEL!—ways of not legally adopting every contestant and suckling them from the breast, with the casting and the obviously scripted plot devices and winners. Take it for what it is. It’s a trifle. You don’t expect a sophisticated and complex flavor profile from a Twix. You just shove it down knowing there’s nothing worth thinking about. That is what this show is. But holy fuck are people concerned with it.

by Anonymousreply 286March 9, 2019 6:49 PM

Scarlet in and out of drag looks like an AWG.

Vangie’s ingnorance of English is cringeworthy. Maybe she should put down the eyebrow pencil at MAC and pick up some paper and pencil in a classroom.

by Anonymousreply 287March 9, 2019 6:49 PM

I was impressed with how well Scarlett did in the challenge, but I can’t stand her as a person. I’m so bored of the stuck-up, smug attitudes of queens with slightly above average looks or talent.

by Anonymousreply 288March 9, 2019 6:50 PM

R286 it's not helped by all the teary-eyed bullshit soliloquies about how each queen is doing this to be a role model to young femme gay boys everywhere, and how they are literally Jesus for signing autographs for $20 at DragCon even from unattractive fans. And how drag is communicating love and respect and blah blah and showing the world that love and something and werk queen and bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 289March 9, 2019 8:08 PM

Is Lana Del Rey playing Scarlet this season?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 9, 2019 8:24 PM

I think Brooke Lynn Hytes is oddly hot — hotter than Scarlet, for sure. I thought he was sorta fug in the first episode, but his looks have grown on me. Yes, his hairline is tragic, but he has a bit of bdf.

by Anonymousreply 291March 9, 2019 8:33 PM

I miss the early days, up to around S4, when the queens felt free to be messy cunts without the specter of social media "canceling" and missed booking opportunities hanging over their heads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292March 9, 2019 8:42 PM

I love Miss Vanje: she opens up her mouth and brass knuckles fall out instead of a purse.

by Anonymousreply 293March 9, 2019 8:43 PM

^ Me too—see Iris Chacon, hear Eddie "Rochester" Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 294March 9, 2019 8:45 PM

Brooke has a tragic case of Frankenstein head.

by Anonymousreply 295March 9, 2019 10:10 PM

R289, and as we could see from that cringey AF commercial they keep airing before the episodes, the only people who go to DragCon are straight women.

My favorite part is the frau who says “Ooh gaaash, there’s even a sign out front that says ‘Everybody says love’ and oh gaaash, what a nice sentiment that is. It’s all about love here at the Ru Paul drag con, dontcha know?”

Like RuPaul hasn’t been shoving that played out sentiment down our throats for the past thirty years.

by Anonymousreply 296March 9, 2019 10:19 PM

Soju, now cyst-y that walk

by Anonymousreply 297March 9, 2019 10:41 PM

Yes r285, hence the two winners of All Stars, and the two winners of this challenge, based on two all-black casted movies.. Heaven help them if a white queen wins. With two winners for this ep, it will mean two go home next week.

by Anonymousreply 298March 10, 2019 12:13 AM

Monet’s win was a 100k insurance policy to allow them to reward the best queen in the future without having to deal with a backlash for choosing someone of the “wrong” skin color.

by Anonymousreply 299March 10, 2019 12:35 AM

R296 thanks...I wondered who else saw that terrible ad for drag con...every speaker in it is a frau or teen girl (their insta-base I guess)...not a gay boy anywhere!

by Anonymousreply 300March 10, 2019 1:50 AM

I can see how the phrase "the black experience" applies to "Get Out", which I have only read about. But isn't "Black Panther" a comic book movie set in a fantasy world, with an entirely black cast. How does the latter relate to the black American experience?

by Anonymousreply 301March 10, 2019 2:28 AM

Drag has become the favorite entertainment of straight Fraus and teen girls everywhere. As evident by this new gay minstrel show hilariously entitled: Drag Me Down The Aisle. Two obnoxious shrill, hyper FAAABBBUULLOUSSS Drag queens planning straight wedding. Every straight girls dream. Vomit.

by Anonymousreply 302March 10, 2019 7:18 AM

[quote]Monet’s win was a 100k insurance policy to allow them to reward the best queen in the future without having to deal with a backlash for choosing someone of the “wrong” skin color.

I was just reading an old thread from 2011 about S3 where people were discussing the possible backlash if a black queen got crowned for the third year in a row.

by Anonymousreply 303March 10, 2019 7:25 AM

I saw that tonight, R302, and yes, it was cringey as fuck. The queens (Bebe Z. Bonet, Thorgy Thor, Jujubee, and Alexis Michelle) were totally sanitized and Disneyfied and palatable to the straights. I hated the dumpy, whiny bride too.

by Anonymousreply 304March 10, 2019 7:35 AM

[Quote] I hated the dumpy, whiny bride too.

Alexis Michelle was planning her own wedding?

by Anonymousreply 305March 10, 2019 7:48 AM

R305 Seemingly is a new show called 'Drag Me Down The Aisle', and it is poo

by Anonymousreply 306March 10, 2019 8:17 AM

'Drag me Down The Aisle' should be dragged out to a secluded area and shot execution style. It was unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 307March 10, 2019 9:48 AM

Whenever I see the name “Thorgy Thor” I immediately check out. One of the most overhyped queens of the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 308March 10, 2019 5:16 PM

Monique Heart dragging her feeble 11-week-old puppy into a loud stuffy gay bar in an even stuffier carrier bag for the Roscoe's viewing party was a choice if I ever saw one.

And I can't believe she has the gall to keep going on and on about her religion as a source of her inspiration when she led a gay conversion therapy camp in the past. Deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 309March 11, 2019 2:14 AM

Season 11 is turning out to be better than y'all thought.

by Anonymousreply 310March 11, 2019 2:46 AM

R309 What a stupid bitch

by Anonymousreply 311March 11, 2019 2:59 AM

Damn, Drag Race: Thailand S02, Ep09 is kicking Stateside's series in the balls. These are real queens.

by Anonymousreply 312March 12, 2019 3:30 AM

Many of my straight women coworkers love drag race and drag. At least here in DC, drag brunches have been a girls’-day-out thing for many, many years already. I don’t quite get the relationship dynamic or appeal, but sometimes when they talk about it it just seems like they see it as fun mindless entertainment, which it should be, and other times it takes me back to the days when women generally saw gay men as innocuous “best friends” who are not quite fully human and are great dumping grounds for all their troubles and worries.

by Anonymousreply 313March 12, 2019 9:43 AM

R301 Does not possess an understanding of allegory.

"But isn't "Black Panther" a comic book movie set in a fantasy world, with an entirely black cast. How does the latter relate to the black American experience?"

Watch the movie and answer your own dopey question, ya lazy, unimaginative yet inquisitive dork.

by Anonymousreply 314March 12, 2019 2:09 PM

Yeah the drag con promo showing a lot of straight women is accurate, the audience was more gay in the early years but the show got more mainstream and now the audience is no doubt mainly straight girls.

by Anonymousreply 315March 12, 2019 2:18 PM

And Ru is pandering to that demographic even more with her new Netflix series, "AJ and the Queen".

by Anonymousreply 316March 12, 2019 5:18 PM

I'm not interested in arguing because it's not that important. But the Blank Panther satire was once again in very bad taste and surprisingly stupid coming from Drag Race. The show has become a bad race play porn lots of times over the last few years. It's not subversive to sell out to confused white teens and old biker chicks. Lots of the alumni have called Drag Race out on it. It's not a national outrage since it's been long established that Ru prefers to be a white woman himself - who occasionally gives you a neck roll, some Tyraisms and blaxploitation speak.

Black Panther is not sacred, but our community did not deserve those white bitches doing that to it. The fact that most of the commenters here and elsewhere preface their opinions with "I haven't seen that movie" tells you all you need to know. The real Black Panther had a beautiful concept that was wonderfully realized and meaningful to our community. It's not above being satirized, just not the Rupaul way. Fuck him. He's a winner. He didn't save drag, he's on his way to ruining it.

by Anonymousreply 317March 13, 2019 12:43 AM

Kahanna is quite sexy and sweet out of drag. Can he join the Pit Crew?

by Anonymousreply 318March 13, 2019 1:29 PM

The real Black Panther is a shit Marvel movie and I loved Plastique's one-armed Charythnum bandit. She's my winner. So many big babies egging themselves into hystrionics over Plastique and Drag Race - it's not Hamlet get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 319March 13, 2019 2:31 PM

R317 Get a grip Vixen, BP is not a world changing movie

by Anonymousreply 320March 13, 2019 5:31 PM

Silky saying about Ariel "she has no personality, she's an Instagram ho" in that preview came out of nowhere, didn't it? She's so needlessly vicious.

Anyway, I have no clue what that mini challenge was about as I was watching it with one eye but I'm excited about the new episode. Can never get enough of those cringe sound effects during acting challenges.

by Anonymousreply 321March 14, 2019 2:01 AM

I can't wait for Spicy Hungarian Goulash to sashay away. Just a way OTT character who wants to be a personality or a meme or *something* to get air time. All of the drag I've seen from her so far has been mediocre, nothing really fabulous, especially that zodiac walkway. Have to give credit to RuPaul though for stirring up trouble for the sake of the cameras.

Is there no Untucked for episode 2? Can't seem to find it anywhere online.

by Anonymousreply 322March 14, 2019 3:41 AM

R322 of course there is, it's where rajah and yvie had their big fight, it probably keeps getting taken down due to copyright?

by Anonymousreply 323March 14, 2019 7:13 AM

Stinky Garbage seems to have got the message and has taken it down several thousand notches. I agree, her drag is nothing special and her ' personality ' seems to consist of saying " Bitchhhh " after every spoken word. I hope she goes back to what ever hell hole she climbed out of . SOON.

by Anonymousreply 324March 14, 2019 8:28 AM

Remember children, everything is edited with what they want us to see-it’s quite possible the backlash against The Beast Bitch was so great, that they re-edited a lot of her scenes out.

by Anonymousreply 325March 14, 2019 9:21 AM

r325 There's no way in hell she piped down within one episode, especially because she hasn't been chided (yet) by either Ru or any of the judges for her attitude. I bet it was exactly how you described. The editors probably also felt that they needed more storylines and featuring only that one loudmouth stealing airtime would get too boring too fast for the audience. Pity for her might have played a part as well.

Still don't know who Bobby Moynihan is.

by Anonymousreply 326March 14, 2019 6:22 PM

This episode was some SHIT

by Anonymousreply 327March 15, 2019 2:33 AM

Man that Mariah skit was painfully bad. And it really is so absurd that they were given free reign to pick whoever they wanted, and even after they realized they know nothing about Mariah they just kept going with her.

While the 6-way lip synch is justifiable, it was a fucking mess. Don't do that show, you can't actually see anyone's performance and it takes the fun out of watching someone try to lip synch for their life. And to only eliminate one person after all that just seemed like a lot of drama for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 328March 15, 2019 2:39 AM

From Reddit:

[quote]this lipsync is like an overcrowded Zumba class where you’re trying to get your life without punching Karen in the face

by Anonymousreply 329March 15, 2019 2:40 AM

Mercedes picked the right team. LOL

by Anonymousreply 330March 15, 2019 2:45 AM

I like when RuPaul drops the facade and just acts unapologetically pissed. And he was right tonight.

by Anonymousreply 331March 15, 2019 2:49 AM

Sorry, but Miss Vanjie should have won. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Drag Race...ever!

by Anonymousreply 332March 15, 2019 2:49 AM

On what planet does a gay boy know who RuPaul is yet does not know who Mariah Carey is?

by Anonymousreply 333March 15, 2019 2:49 AM

"Bring out the chickenheads, please!"

by Anonymousreply 334March 15, 2019 2:49 AM

Yeah - Vangie was genuinely funny. And without the usual limit of "funny for Drag Race"

by Anonymousreply 335March 15, 2019 2:51 AM

[quote]On what planet does a gay boy know who RuPaul is yet does not know who Mariah Carey is?

How do you not have a "I don't know her" joke?!

by Anonymousreply 336March 15, 2019 2:52 AM

There should be an entirely separate thread for the excuses this season.

Or maybe a "Let's be the reasons queens failed this week on Drag Race" thread.

by Anonymousreply 337March 15, 2019 2:56 AM

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Alexxis had styled her own hair under that white wig.

Surprising elimination of a seasoned queen. Honey is not an amateur.

by Anonymousreply 338March 15, 2019 3:00 AM

Honey's post-sashay breakdown on Untucked was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 339March 15, 2019 3:25 AM

Yeah, I hope Honey gets a lot of love. Seems like a seeetheart

by Anonymousreply 340March 15, 2019 4:08 AM

I really thought Honey would go further. I enjoyed her confessionals.

I no longer trust the editing of this show, but Ru was absolutely NOT living for her lipsync.

by Anonymousreply 341March 15, 2019 4:15 AM

I don’t know their names but the long haired brunette chick is a bitch.

Silly is annoying af.

I like Brooklyn the most.

by Anonymousreply 342March 15, 2019 5:21 AM

Awww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343March 15, 2019 5:24 AM

Go away Evie Oddley

by Anonymousreply 344March 15, 2019 9:56 AM

Yvie owned Silky in Untucked.

by Anonymousreply 345March 15, 2019 12:52 PM

Nina didn't look all that different with false teeth.

by Anonymousreply 346March 15, 2019 12:54 PM

[quote] Man that Mariah skit was painfully bad. And it really is so absurd that they were given free reign to pick whoever they wanted, and even after they realized they know nothing about Mariah they just kept going with her.

Yes. That was terrible. It didn't seem like any of them knew the first thing about Mariah. Drag queens usually have a grasp on popular music even if it's a little older. I wonder if that challenge was a bit of a fork in the road. The queens on the other team might be the better people in the competition.

Ok so Yvie might be a little confrontational or something. Her jellyfish outfit was amazing.. she could have done half as much. She is here to win.

Nina West won both challenges. I'm still learning who she is. She's not like the strongest personality or the loudest one.

by Anonymousreply 347March 15, 2019 12:59 PM

I thought A'Keria's runway was hideous. But at least it wasn't undercooked like several of the queens.

by Anonymousreply 348March 15, 2019 1:02 PM

They knew enough to drag Mariah thoroughly... Timmy Mottola, though?

by Anonymousreply 349March 15, 2019 1:14 PM

I've only seen a low res version but did Plastique know her words? She seemed to be relying on that hair whipping much too much.

by Anonymousreply 350March 15, 2019 1:17 PM

Mercedes is not long for this game. Her outfit was sub par again.

by Anonymousreply 351March 15, 2019 1:22 PM

Miss Vangie, in his male self, can get it!

by Anonymousreply 352March 15, 2019 1:31 PM

Vangie is cute. That kiss...hold up now. Romance afoot?

by Anonymousreply 353March 15, 2019 1:32 PM

Well, I haven't enjoyed an episode of Drag Race this much in quite a while. But then Untucked happened, with Silky acting completely unhinged. Thank god for Yvie! That's the gift of a huge cock; you don't get intimidated by anyone. Someone said she's like Vixen but with a brain, and they were so right.

I really liked Mercedes saying she doesn't want to talk about her religion because it's a personal matter, like some European. So classy. Cue the next shot with Silky screaming about Jesus this and black church that. Just shut the fuck up already, you overbearing loon.

r353 Yeah, those clearly looked like post-fucking cuddles to me.

by Anonymousreply 354March 15, 2019 2:34 PM

[quote]Scarlet Envy has the same manly jawline as Dusty Ray Bottoms that makes them look like a bloke in frock no matter the wig,

Scarlet is giving us Brooke Shields in "Brenda Starr" realness with her looks so far..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355March 15, 2019 3:04 PM

For some reason, I assumed every queen would choose their own queen and then have to try and sell the audience on them. A variation on the Snatch Game, if you will. I'd be that weird homo in the room who knows nothing about any singer, and would choose Patricia Clarkson, Kate Mulgrew, or Robin Weigert instead. But you'd all be worshipping at their feet after I was done with my pitch.

How pissed was Ru with Honey jumping off the stage? Being in all-black meant they could only see her face when she was down there. Also, I cringed when Plastique sat on those little bulbs. Imagine smashing one of those with your buttcheek and getting cut by glass or even electrocuted.

r355 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 356March 15, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote] How pissed was Ru with Honey jumping off the stage?

Very.

by Anonymousreply 357March 15, 2019 5:26 PM

Silky doing a lip sync reveal and high kicks apropos of nothing on Untucked was one of the most pathetic scenes I have ever seen on this show. Just pitiable.

Joel McHale wearing the blandest, dankiest sweater ever in next week's preview is a choice. What gives?

r357 She even broke out the rarely seen partial lower lip growl for that occasion. I knew Honey was gone in that instant.

by Anonymousreply 358March 15, 2019 5:38 PM

I thought I was going to hate Yvie Oddly. But she is growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 359March 15, 2019 10:14 PM

So Evie walked around naked in front of the TV cameras because she's a narcissistic exhibitionist, right? Because there was no reason to paint her cock considering the (shitty, unoriginal, ugly, poorly constructed) costume did a fine job of concealing her crotch from view when she wore it on the runway. She even painted her asshole in front of the cameras!.

Ugh, hate her and her bad drag and her worse attitude. She's from Chicago, right?

by Anonymousreply 360March 15, 2019 10:59 PM

r360 beat me to it. I like Yvie's drag and how she took on Silky where other queens would just go along with her bullshit, but the oversexed exhibitionist angle is really not my jam. She'll grow out of it eventually, I'm sure.

Also, not to be [italic]that[/italic] bitch, but there's something weirdly MeToo-ish about exposing yourself in front of the whole crew like that. Reality show or not, she does understand this is technically still a workplace environment, right?

by Anonymousreply 361March 15, 2019 11:12 PM

Uh that room is their changing space, people get naked in it all the time. Yvie was less over the top than Alaska who literally liked helicoptering her dick around.

by Anonymousreply 362March 15, 2019 11:15 PM

They have a separate space with the changing screens when they want to get completely naked. It would be appropriate to use those, which most of them do.

by Anonymousreply 363March 15, 2019 11:21 PM

Yvie is from Denver

by Anonymousreply 364March 15, 2019 11:21 PM

Some actually use the little dividers, some don't. It's always been that way.

Just like some people in the locker room towel dance, some don't. Depends on the person.

by Anonymousreply 365March 15, 2019 11:23 PM

Yvie is actually the first queen from Colorado since Nina Flowers, all the way back in season 1.

by Anonymousreply 366March 15, 2019 11:29 PM

Will someone please throw a hamburger out the back door so hopefully Stinky Garbage will follow. She needs to go home...NOW.

by Anonymousreply 367March 16, 2019 6:58 AM

R365, is putting on your clothes after a shower in a gym locker room the same as bending over naked to paint your taint pink in a room full of people and television cameras? Do you see any difference at all between those two activities?

by Anonymousreply 368March 16, 2019 2:57 PM

I feel bad for Silky but damn if she doesn’t suck up all the energy and try to hog every scene.

Ru explicitly tells them not to do that and for her to try to go around ru and make a ruckus for attention is shady.

by Anonymousreply 369March 16, 2019 3:00 PM

The latest Roscoe's viewing party was so delightful, I watched the whole thing from beginning to end. T Rex, Detox, Shuga Cain, and Kahanna had a really nice chemistry going on.

It turned me into a Shuga Cain fan, honestly. She knows who she is, just like Nina West. It's so interesting to see which queens mature and which stay or get even more batchit crazy as they get older. Just like in real life, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 370March 16, 2019 3:07 PM

R370, I might give it a look. So far I greatly dislike Shuga. Everything from her “Kiki voice” to off-handed jokes are so obvious and cliched. I see zero originality there. She’s like a boring Laganja.

by Anonymousreply 371March 16, 2019 4:25 PM

I found the episode boring. I think I’ve overdosed on subpar Drag Race seasons.

by Anonymousreply 372March 16, 2019 4:27 PM

I hear what you’re saying R372. All Stars 4 was the worst season ever. I went into this one with rock bottom expectations but I’ve been surprisingly entertained so far. There’s no girl I’m rooting for though which seems to have become par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 373March 16, 2019 4:31 PM

I'm liking this season but you gmod get fatigued from constant DR, the show barely gives you a chance to miss.

It was only a year ago Trixie was crowned which seems ceazy, there has been so much Drag Race content in that one year. We have had three winners since the!

by Anonymousreply 374March 16, 2019 4:34 PM

That's exactly why we need a palate cleanser in the form of RPDR UK!

I wish they filmed at least one season in Australia as well, and cast queens from the entire Oceania region. That would be fun to watch but is probably too cost-prohibitive to produce. Everything seems expensive as shit in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 375March 16, 2019 5:03 PM

I think UK will be great. Drag Race is quickly running out of original talent from the states to showcase. This could be a return to form. I hope there aren’t too many Drag Race babies in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 376March 16, 2019 6:12 PM

The UK season has the potential to be great if they make it for a UK audience. If they make it for a US audience, it will be shit.

by Anonymousreply 377March 16, 2019 6:29 PM

Isn't the producer who fucks everyone British? Hopefully he can keep the UK version on course in between fucking everyone.

by Anonymousreply 378March 16, 2019 6:32 PM

I read a rumor on Reddit that the first UK cast will include Charlie Hides.

by Anonymousreply 379March 16, 2019 6:37 PM

r379 As a form of Rudemption for him?

by Anonymousreply 380March 16, 2019 6:45 PM

He's going to be a guest cheorgrapher.

by Anonymousreply 381March 16, 2019 6:48 PM

Oh... I'm fine with that as well.

by Anonymousreply 382March 16, 2019 6:51 PM

I like Nina West but Vanjie was to obvious winner in the challenge. Nina was pretty much a nothing....

And yes can we please get rid of Silky.....her body is grotesque in a sideshow way....and her talent seems to be in yelling at everyone and taking offense when anyone says anything to her. Take off the fake eyeglasses, dumbass, or get a better pair the NEXT time you go to Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 383March 16, 2019 7:48 PM

*the* obvious winner...

by Anonymousreply 384March 16, 2019 7:50 PM

Nina wasn't a nothing, but yes Vanjie was the most hilarious. But it was Nina's team, and she guided the whole ship.

by Anonymousreply 385March 16, 2019 7:51 PM

Why didn't they pick Beyonce? She comes with the whole "put a ring on it" holy hand shake. And for the conversion, they could have included a fan blowing the hair back, with that shuffle dance. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 386March 16, 2019 11:57 PM

Its going to be tough when it gets down to the final 6.

Vanjie, Ariel, Nina, Brooklyn, Ivie, and Scarlett would be my guess. That is where it will get interesting.

by Anonymousreply 387March 17, 2019 12:03 AM

Liza would have been a great diva choice. So much to work with.

by Anonymousreply 388March 17, 2019 12:03 AM

[quote]So much to work with.

Well, that's the thing. You have to know their backgrounds first, and these queens seemingly didn't have a clue about anyone.

by Anonymousreply 389March 17, 2019 12:07 AM

I don't understand why neither team chose Madonna or Gaga or Cher? Mariah is kinda bland and Whitney, yes making fun of a dead drug addict? Fun! Maybe they could have referenced Bobbi Brown's death, too?

by Anonymousreply 390March 17, 2019 12:23 AM

Finally got to watch this week's episode today and everyone is right - that Mariah skit stunk to high heaven. It wasn't only that no one knew anything about Mariah Carey, but there weren't any funny lines or characterizations, no give-and-take dialogue (almost seemed as if everyone was simply yelling at each other) and the song and performance was horrible from the start. Untucked was a mess due to Honey Roasted Almonds - first she rants about being offended by the Britney skit because of her religion, saying she really had problems with saying Britney was their god (?!?), but then moments later, she's shouting "Goddamn" and "Godammit" at people. Then to make things even more dramatic, she tears off the front of her outfit.

by Anonymousreply 391March 17, 2019 5:07 AM

And then does a high kick r391. I think I'm right, they did edit her down for the show, but on untucked, we see the real cray.

I am loving Miss Vanjie though, she reminds me of Dr. Girlfriend on the Venture Bros.

by Anonymousreply 392March 17, 2019 5:20 AM

This week was boring as fuck. I was falling asleep.

Didn’t even know the queen that went home. Completely lost among all the queens. No distinguishing characteristics.

The lip sync was a big ole mess.

by Anonymousreply 393March 17, 2019 7:54 AM

Yvie's look was so remarkable, I can't wait to see what comes next. Still don't have a clear favourite to root for, though.

[quote]but then moments later, she's shouting "Goddamn" and "Godammit" at people

r391 I hadn't even connected those two, but that is hysterical. Look at the state of her at the end of the gif below, after Yvie's flowy exit. Would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394March 17, 2019 3:34 PM

I want miss vangie to win.

by Anonymousreply 395March 17, 2019 3:56 PM

So far Brook Lynn gets the Miz Cracker award for blowing everyone away in the first episode and lagging ever since.

by Anonymousreply 396March 17, 2019 4:11 PM

I mean, it's only been three episodes and Ru is trying to reward some other girls as well.

by Anonymousreply 397March 17, 2019 4:13 PM

silky nutmeg ganache.... silly nutter getoff

by Anonymousreply 398March 17, 2019 4:38 PM

Is there enough vaseline in thwworld to give Ru his soft focus. Maybe he should do "Lucy as Mame".

by Anonymousreply 399March 17, 2019 5:19 PM

RuPaul was on a season five drag-themed episode of Project Runway that just aired on Bravo. He was way too skinny. His face just didn’t look right at all. Michelle has lectured him about that on their podcast, reminding him of the phase when he looked terrible because his face was too thin. He says that’s what fillers are for and she says, nope, doesn’t work, just fucking eat. Now I see what she is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 400March 17, 2019 6:11 PM

Ru's career was really in the shitter in the decade leading up to Drag Race. He was abusing alcohol and who knows what else. It's no surprise he looked terrible.

by Anonymousreply 401March 17, 2019 6:17 PM

I don't know if this has been posted yet but you can glimpse Yvie's anteater in this video. If you can make it past all the pussy.

His butt looks amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402March 17, 2019 11:19 PM

Reply 402. What the Fuck was that mess ?? I don't know what was worse..the gratuitous nudity or the nails on chalkboard singing.

by Anonymousreply 403March 19, 2019 6:44 AM

The lesbian Justin Bieber sapphic fondling was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 404March 19, 2019 7:08 AM

It's a good thing Yvie has big dick cause that is not a good looking man.

by Anonymousreply 405March 19, 2019 1:12 PM

Last year, Acquaria had zero personality and amazing drag and won the competition. This year, someone like Vangie or Eevie or Salty Ganash who has a loud personality and shitty drag will win.

by Anonymousreply 406March 19, 2019 1:23 PM

r403 I think making a video about body positivity and then featuring only hot bodies was one of the most obnoxious parts of all that.

by Anonymousreply 407March 19, 2019 1:31 PM

I have to say that when they announced that Miss Vangie was coming back, I was not thrilled, as she was the first to go last time and her exit line (which seemed hilarious but demented) was the only thing that was interesting about her. But, boy, has she been bringing it this season! She should have been on the top two weeks ago, and she should have won last week for sure. I'm definitely team Vangie now.

by Anonymousreply 408March 19, 2019 2:16 PM

Yeah, R408. If you asked me a year ago, I'd have no idea I'd actually want that bitch to win.

by Anonymousreply 409March 19, 2019 6:59 PM

"But, boy, has she been bringing it this season!"

Serious question: What has she been bringing? Good drag? Quality comedy? Other?

by Anonymousreply 410March 19, 2019 8:22 PM

r410 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 411March 19, 2019 8:23 PM

She's bringing Personality and Comedy, with an improvement in her drag.

by Anonymousreply 412March 19, 2019 11:04 PM

Misz Vanjie's "You gotta pick a struggle. You can't struggle at everything, bitch" is everything.

by Anonymousreply 413March 20, 2019 6:29 AM

Miss Vanjie is by far the most enjoyable and she's got her body snatched in too. But I wouldn't call her the winner just yet. There are NO beauties this year, but there is quite a bit of personality and talent. It's a bit like season 7.

by Anonymousreply 414March 20, 2019 7:44 AM

As much as I want Miss Vanjie to win, and I truly do, I wonder if it wouldn't be better for her career not to. A lot of non-winners have gone on to great rewards. With Drag Race becoming so Frau-ridden and mainstream, I feel like a win is devalued in a way, and the winner ends up pandering to the straights for the duration of their contract. Bianca is an anomaly as she won before the new contract (you basically sell your soul for 2 years) was in effect. That said, after re-reading the contract (below, and is worth the read) you are fucked even when you sign-on, let alone win. Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415March 20, 2019 8:28 AM

I didn't read the contract, but the contract obligations and strangulations are exactly why Bendala eliminated herself before she made Top 5. It was all very orchestrated as what was contractually obligated changes for the top 5. As much as I think Bianca is a hack and very stale to look at or listen too, she does run her own gig for the most part. As does Sharon Needles and Jinkx. I agree R415, to see all the recent participants, be enslaved to the Drag Race franchise is a big downer. Vanjie isn't so much a loose cannon as a real talent. Maybe not only as a drag queen. Boy is funny and can act.

I've never been Willam's greatest fan - but this is a great, relaxed and surprisingly less jizzed interview than he usually gives. It's almost like he's telling the truth. He's an actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 20, 2019 8:44 AM

Thanks r416 Digging in now!

by Anonymousreply 417March 20, 2019 8:51 AM

Part Two, for you R417. Willam is an interesting subject, if not quite as interesting he finds himself. I don't think he is primarily a drag queen. Same as Shangela and Bob. They are actors who found success in drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 20, 2019 8:55 AM

Vangie’s mangling of English and weird screaming reminds me of Fred Sanford and Tracy Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 419March 20, 2019 12:07 PM

Why is there a lesbian porn video on a Drag Race thread??!

by Anonymousreply 420March 20, 2019 12:09 PM

R415 most reality tv contracts are like this, if not worse. Just look at the Got Talent and Xfactor contracts for instance. It's the price you pay for fame and riches.

by Anonymousreply 421March 20, 2019 3:25 PM

r421 Exactly. They gave you exposure on national TV and to the global audience. Gotta pay it back.

by Anonymousreply 422March 20, 2019 3:27 PM

Vanjie looks great and has been doing a good job, but she needs to start winning challenges immediately if she has any hope of winning.

There is something strangely appealing about Scarlet Envy. Nina West, Shuga Cain, Plastique, and the other Davenport are also standing out for me.

Ru was clearly not having Honey Davenport crawling around in front of the stage during that lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 423March 20, 2019 3:36 PM

[quote]There are NO beauties this year

I think Akeria Davenport is beautiful. Ariel Versace is pretty, too, although her overall look is warmed-over Miz Cracker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424March 20, 2019 3:47 PM

Even though I like Brooke Lynn more, I'd have given Akeria the win in the first week's challenge. I'm interested to see what she'd come up with for the next design challenge, provided she's still around by then.

by Anonymousreply 425March 20, 2019 4:05 PM

[quote]Willam is an interesting subject, if not quite as interesting he finds himself.

He is interesting.

I think what really drives his animosity toward Ru is this:

He owes probably 90% of his notoriety to Ru, and he resents the hell out of that. I think he feels that if it wasn’t for Ru, he still would have had a successful career, along the lines of Jackie Beat or Coco Peru. And he probably would have. For Ru’s part, she genuinely feels that the queens who come through her show are her children and that they owe her a certain amount of respect.

So there’s a clash of egos at work here and I don’t think it will ever be resolved, unfortunately. That said, I think the hate that’s directed toward Ru is almost always really unfair. I feel an affinity toward her as both a fellow introvert and as an old-school gay man who often finds younger generations of LGBT folk somewhat befuddling.

by Anonymousreply 426March 20, 2019 5:06 PM

William is a brat. He is not professional, has no integrity and is an admitted thief. He will never have the career of Jackie Beat because she knows the game and William is white trash with no tact or class.

Ru gave him so many chances even though he did not want the nasty drama that came with William.

He’s luck he made it 4 shows. He will continue to languish in mediocrity until he learns some professionalism.

Who wants that negative energy on their set?

by Anonymousreply 427March 20, 2019 6:51 PM

Well, don't hold back, Ru.

by Anonymousreply 428March 20, 2019 6:53 PM

Admittedly, I have not kept up with Willam for a few years (his animosity toward Ru has gotten worse and it’s really tiresome because it’s so transparent to me), but is his career lagging? Does he get gigs?

by Anonymousreply 429March 20, 2019 7:09 PM

I mean, it’s not just Ru he has problems with. He worked with Detox, Vicky Vox, Courtney Act, and Alaska and seems to have pissed all of them off somehow. I’m not sure how his relationships are with any of them now. It’s possible they’ve mended fences, but that doesn’t seem to be Willam’s way, generally.

Does he still have that husband? I know he doesn’t talk about him, but if they’re still together, the guy must be some sort of saint.

by Anonymousreply 430March 20, 2019 7:13 PM

r430, He also pissed off Katya, who wrote a whole series of koans to him. But it seems that they have patched up as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431March 20, 2019 7:20 PM

R4296, to be fair, he did have a featured role in A Star is Born with Gaga.

I think he mentioned in a recent episode of his podcast with Alaska that they had broken up.

by Anonymousreply 432March 20, 2019 7:20 PM

Apparently Trixie has a new documentary premiering at Tribeca that touches on her major falling out with Katya on the set of their Viceland show.

by Anonymousreply 433March 20, 2019 7:21 PM

I LOVE Willam.

watching his PaintMeBitch clips show many drag queens enjoy him.

by Anonymousreply 434March 20, 2019 7:29 PM

Willam is far more successful than Jackie Beat and known for many different talents and accomplishments across all platforms. He has millions more fans than Jackie Beat. These Ru defenders are obviously very old. RuPaul does not give a shit about any Drag Race contestant and doesn't even know their names. Willam is a brat but hardly the only one to call Ru out for being petty, dishonest, exploitive and humorless.

by Anonymousreply 435March 20, 2019 7:29 PM

Who cares if RuPaul doesn’t know the contestants names? There’s 150 of them. He gave them all a major platform. I don’t get all this hate for her like she’s this cold, calculating menace.

by Anonymousreply 436March 20, 2019 7:33 PM

How is Willam a brat? He had worked on sets for 10 years before he was on Drag Race and knew how talent should be treated. He stood up for Latrice, Jiggly and others when production was treating them like shit.

He improved things for the queens that came after.

Love Willam and Alaska on RaceChasers. They are a great pair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437March 20, 2019 7:37 PM

R437, that’s a great podcast. I wish they’d go back to covering old episodes instead of the new ones. I want to hear what they have to say on their respectative.

It’s funny. I went into the podcast liking Willam more and Alaska less, and I’ve come out with the opposite impression.

by Anonymousreply 438March 20, 2019 7:49 PM

I lied when I said they're were no beauties this year. Plastique is beautiful - but forgettable. I forgot about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439March 20, 2019 8:15 PM

r439 Doesn't seem to be much in the way of personality there. I'm sure she's perfectly nice, though.

by Anonymousreply 440March 20, 2019 8:21 PM

[quote]These Ru defenders are obviously very old.

If you’re lucky, you’ll get old, too, someday.

And of course Ru cares. He may not know their non-stage names and he may not follow them all incessantly on social media, but that is hardly an indication of caring.

by Anonymousreply 441March 20, 2019 8:49 PM

Silky is simultaneously fascinating and annoying. Did she say she has a PhD? How did she close her mouth long enough to manage that?

She’s ugly as homemade sin out of drag and hasn’t made an impression on me in drag. Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 442March 20, 2019 8:55 PM

I believe she has a Masters but is working on a PhD.

No, you're not missing anything. The obnoxious emperor is naked.

by Anonymousreply 443March 20, 2019 8:57 PM

Silky NutMug's description of her degrees and education were muddled.....my guess would be that she went to the College of Fried Chicken.

Her speech impediment is especially noticeable during UNTUCKED......

by Anonymousreply 444March 20, 2019 9:07 PM

Silky went to Wabash College for undergrad and is doing her graduate work online at Indiana Wesleyan University.

Wabash is one of the remaining four all-male liberal arts colleges in the US; it's also notably conservative and fratty (estimated at 60–70% Greek). IWU is a shitty Christian school that's basically a rung above the University of Phoenix.

by Anonymousreply 445March 20, 2019 9:34 PM

Yeah I had looked up Silky's academic credentials and felt bad she is no doubt going into debt getting a "PhD" from this online program that isn't really worth the paper it is printed on.

by Anonymousreply 446March 20, 2019 9:51 PM

R446 Jesus will get Silky Hungrian Goulash out of debt

by Anonymousreply 447March 20, 2019 9:59 PM

So where's that preview of this week's episode, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 448March 20, 2019 10:00 PM

Here you go, R448. It actually looks pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449March 20, 2019 10:11 PM

r449 Omg, it's actually out? I couldn't find it on YouTube, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 450March 20, 2019 10:17 PM

I love Race Chaser too. I appreciate that they've discussed Seasons 1 and 2, which a lot of fans dismiss these days.

by Anonymousreply 451March 20, 2019 10:18 PM

It’s strange that William trashes RuPaul while making a living off his association with RuPaul/Drag Race. Why perform with Ru Girls and do podcasts about the show if he hates RuPaul so much?

Of course, we all know the answer. Willam seems exhausting with his eternal victim complex. He gives me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 452March 20, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote]Seasons 1 and 2, which a lot of fans dismiss these days.

In fairness, a lot of said fans weren’t born when seasons 1 and 2 aired.

by Anonymousreply 453March 20, 2019 10:40 PM

These days, I basically just watch the show and don’t interact on social media about it. Originally, it was to avoid spoilers (the AS2 and 3 leaks ruined a lot of the enjoyment for me), but keeping away from the show’s nutty and often racist and semi-violent fan base is good, too.

by Anonymousreply 454March 20, 2019 10:44 PM

r433, apparently it was when Katya has a relapse on her substance abuse and had to take some time off for mental health and sobriety issues:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455March 20, 2019 10:54 PM

r449 So I guess Silky can barely read. Saying "casted" and pronouncing "colonel" like someone who is just learning English are both... unfortunate.

Mercedes is getting the loser edit, calling it right now. The language barrier is just too great, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 456March 20, 2019 11:00 PM

It's obvious that Mercedes has been out of her depth, she just lucked out last episode she was on the winning team.

by Anonymousreply 457March 20, 2019 11:34 PM

I'm trying to imagine Slinky at the Wabash I know.....and I can't. Maybe she worked there are took classes

by Anonymousreply 458March 20, 2019 11:37 PM

Chi Chi Devayne (S8) just announced that she has scleroderma. ☹️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459March 21, 2019 12:13 AM

r459 Anyone else thought that was Chi Chi before actually watching the video? I suck at faces.

Had no idea scleroderma could be so serious.

by Anonymousreply 460March 21, 2019 12:16 AM

[quote]Mercedes is getting the loser edit, calling it right now. The language barrier is just too great, unfortunately.

Yes, that often happens on Drag Race. It’s too bad, because I think a Muslim drag queen brings an interesting perspective.

by Anonymousreply 461March 21, 2019 12:17 AM

How to look your best while blowing up a building?

by Anonymousreply 462March 21, 2019 12:54 AM

r460, it's a horrible way to die. My aunt has it, and everything was shrinking- she could barely open her mouth to eat, her fingers were little stubs (like people with advanced arthritis has). She did a stem cell replacement study (it's not available to the general public), and it gave her another 2 years, but it looks like it's resurging again.

by Anonymousreply 463March 21, 2019 1:05 AM

Mercedes can go soon. She wants the main role but doesn't know who Ivanka is?

The Rachel Maddow thing was rough. Did any of them sound like news presenters let alone anything like Rachel?

by Anonymousreply 464March 21, 2019 1:16 AM

I was about to say that it's hard delivering a speech of any kind - but especially the news - off a teleprompter if you're not used to it, but that shit went by [italic]crazy[/italic] slow. More than enough time to at least attempt to mimic a news anchor and do some mugging for the cameras on top.

Imagine how bad the unedited footage was.

by Anonymousreply 465March 21, 2019 1:33 AM

Honestly, I wanted Mercedes to play the lead because that oppalance shit cracked me the fuck up and I knew there would be way more of it. The train wreck factor alone would’ve been worth it. But I’ve had enough with watching long meandering performance challenges.

by Anonymousreply 466March 21, 2019 1:42 AM

The preview at R449 has me anxious to see how bad the challenge can possibly be. Seems like half of the queens can't read and if they can read, they can't do stage performance. Sometimes in the editing, they'll show one queen who appears nervous and looking as if they're going to fail big time in the challenge but then they pull out a miraculous win, but in this case, most of them seem destined to fail.

by Anonymousreply 467March 21, 2019 4:36 AM

Silky is no Vassar girl, shall we say.

by Anonymousreply 468March 21, 2019 4:51 AM

Willam can be funny but that dude is seriously messy, I don't know if he's on something or what but on Beatdown sometimes he seems barely coherent and he apparently seems to enjoy doing poorly filmed amateur porn while in drag.

by Anonymousreply 469March 21, 2019 7:46 AM

He got emancipated and left home at an early age, and started fucking guys at 14. Free-spirited folk like him are always a bit off. Supremely confident but also damaged and weary at all times. I'm mostly used to it by now but it's still unnerving hearing him talk sometimes.

I wonder how Joel McHale will fare as a judge this week. What does he have to plug these days, anyway? Did you know he was born in Rome?

by Anonymousreply 470March 21, 2019 12:59 PM

I watched the Willam interview posted above, and I have to say, being someone who didn't think much of her, I was pretty impressed overall. Seemed very smart, and though I'm sure she's a mess, made a lot of sense.

by Anonymousreply 471March 21, 2019 1:05 PM

Well, there's no messiah without the mess.

by Anonymousreply 472March 21, 2019 1:08 PM

BTW, Trixie should never have won, so who care what she thinks about anything.

by Anonymousreply 473March 21, 2019 6:57 PM

Poor Joel. His Netflix show was cancelled after a few episodes and Netflix never cancels anything. He needs the job. WTF is Ru thinking making a musical about Trump? I might skip this one unless it has some OPPA LENS moments.

by Anonymousreply 474March 21, 2019 7:40 PM

How will you know it has OPPA LENS moments if you skip it? I agree about the Trump thing, though.

by Anonymousreply 475March 21, 2019 7:41 PM

R474 Netflix has been on a cancellation spree the past few years, so I'm not sure I would use that as a judge of anything.

by Anonymousreply 476March 21, 2019 7:47 PM

That's true, although I think that particular show bombed all on its own.

by Anonymousreply 477March 21, 2019 7:51 PM

I kind of love Scarlet Envy - see her being painted more as a Villain and in the top three

by Anonymousreply 478March 21, 2019 7:52 PM

Actually Netflix series rarely go beyond three seasons. Most get two unless they truly bomb. Netflix has done studies (they are totally data driven) which show anything beyond three seasons typically does not add value or bring new subscribers and they have pretty much stuck to this with the exceptions of House of Cards, OITNB and Kimmie Schmidt. This may change with some of their owned and operated properties like Stranger Things where they don't have to pay huge license fees. They also don't need to make 100 episodes any more - 40 or 50 is seen as sufficient. They also learned that there's no need to do 13 episodes - 10 is seen as the most you would do in a season. They also put a poison pill in their contracts that does not allow another network to pick up a cancelled Netflix series until at least two years later.

by Anonymousreply 479March 21, 2019 8:01 PM

Guaranteed to be on the season finale/reunion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 21, 2019 8:28 PM

Yvie is a bargain bin version of Milk

by Anonymousreply 481March 22, 2019 2:20 AM

“Your Ivanka was....feckless.”

OMG!!!

by Anonymousreply 482March 22, 2019 2:26 AM

Man, even Mercedes' mirror message was as generic and nondescript as she was!

by Anonymousreply 483March 22, 2019 2:48 AM

Michelle was about ready to ring Joel's neck.

by Anonymousreply 484March 22, 2019 3:00 AM

I really went to like this show but can't watch more than a few minutes.

Love the visual extravaganza but can't stand the non stop bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 485March 22, 2019 3:06 AM

Brook Lynn makes sure that the camera gets a clear shot of her kissing Vangie and she loves being asked about the kiss but refuses to talk about it.

What a delight!

by Anonymousreply 486March 22, 2019 3:28 AM

[quote] but can't stand the non stop bitchiness.

If you don't like bitchiness then drag queens are not for you. Why are you trying to force yourself to watch it?

by Anonymousreply 487March 22, 2019 3:31 AM

This was a fun episode. Loved Nina West as the Huckabeast.

As annoying as I have found Silky in past episodes - her Oprah was great.

And poor Nina - getting voice altered death threats in the 90s - creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 488March 22, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote]Yvie is a bargain bin version of Milk

Delusion, convince yourself.

Yvie is far more talented than Milk ever was. I actually like Milk, but man it was embarrassing how she thought she was so much more talented than she actually was.

by Anonymousreply 489March 22, 2019 3:41 AM

I felt for Mercedes. Clearly cast because of the muslim thing and totally out of her league. However, I found it strange she never once said gay or gay muslim. So...I don't think the 'message' was very strong and came off more awkward.

by Anonymousreply 490March 22, 2019 3:42 AM

They are a pretty talented bunch. That was a complicated lip synch and movement and so many of them really shone. Silky absolutely deserved the win but Nina and Evie were delicious too. I love Tiffany Pollard. Exactly the wack choice guest judge the show needs sometimes. Ginger Minj was a great comic foil as Trump. The Maddow bit takes us all the way back to similar one shot challenges in season one and three. It was a fun, trashy episode that also worked as surprisingly good entertainment. I don't feel Miss Scarlet at all though she did an precise job. I think Evie is fascinating and oddly sexy. Top three material. Same as Silky, Vangie. Brooklyn or Nina.

by Anonymousreply 491March 22, 2019 4:50 AM

This one was so fun. Hilarious to do have those orange looks. We learned about Nina West. Scarlett cast the show pretty well. Poor Vanjie though, she could have captured Rosie O'Donnell a little bit more but she has nothing of the appearance or physicality of Rosie so it was uphill for her. I was just wondering what was going on with Yvie's skull so now I know. It's funny one or two on them weren't sure if Yvie wasn't on top. Honey, she's killing it. She did a colorful, fun, unusual outfit and even made a character to go with it.

by Anonymousreply 492March 22, 2019 12:22 PM

Were we... were we witnessing the unravelling of Joel McHale just then? The absolute state of him! The unshaved neck, that sweater thing people wear only at home, the shouting... Oh, my. That boy is not well.

Brook and Vanjie kissing on Untucked - you go get that airtime and storyline, girls. Tiffany Pollard looked about 16 with that hairstyle and a bit like that girlband character on Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 493March 22, 2019 1:07 PM

I agree with you, r493. Joel seemed to be in an odd space. He should have just been charming instead of whatever he was trying to do. It was also depressing to witness how badly educated many of the queens are.

by Anonymousreply 494March 22, 2019 1:36 PM

Any Twitter or Reddit queer warriors complained yet that the only ones to sashay away so far have been queens of color?

Or that they did a Trump themed challenge and that's where the Muslim queen gets eliminated? 😅

by Anonymousreply 495March 22, 2019 11:27 PM

Despite being a tall black drag queen, Yvie really does look like Kellyanne. And yes, Nina was brilliant as Sarah Sanders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496March 22, 2019 11:36 PM

Nutsack Gash looked a lot like Oprah.....but I don't think she deserved the win. The sooner she goes home, the better.

I like Yvie a lot. That O'Hara's fake glasses look as ridiculous as Nutsack's do - maybe more - and her claim to be a dancer put a target on her skinny back....she got served by the choreographer.

by Anonymousreply 497March 22, 2019 11:51 PM

The writing for Betsy DeVos was just the same one note repeated. Scarlet did well to hold her own. Vanjie also suffered because of what she had to lipsync to - plus "Rosie" sounded like Penny Marshall.

by Anonymousreply 498March 22, 2019 11:55 PM

Silky was wrong for that Florence Ballard joke.

by Anonymousreply 499March 22, 2019 11:56 PM

I liked the "Hopelessly Devoted" section the most. Yvie and Nina were my top two.

by Anonymousreply 500March 22, 2019 11:59 PM

How many times did they say "man" during Scarlet's runway?! The structure of the dress seemed... precarious.

by Anonymousreply 501March 23, 2019 12:09 AM

I like Yvie a lot until she starts with the sanctimonious calling out of other people. She's too talented for that. I'm down to her and Vanjie to root for the win. Hopefully she can curb that shit in the episodes to come.

by Anonymousreply 502March 23, 2019 12:12 AM

Shady editing when casting Kellyanne Conway, someone said "tired, haggard" and the camera cut to Shuga.

by Anonymousreply 503March 23, 2019 12:17 AM

She didn’t shine in the Rusical but I still like Ra’Ja. She seems smart and sweet and she’s pretty. If she had a huge budget for costumes, she’d probably kill the runway.

She’s not a screamer like Evie and Nutley and Vangie so she’ll probably sashay soon.

by Anonymousreply 504March 23, 2019 12:21 AM

I definitely didn’t think Silky deserved that win, and I usually agree with Ru’s decisions.

The judges clearly have a hard-on for Ivie, and I just...don’t care for her. There are definitely a LOT of filler queens this season. Mercedes was simply terrible and the fact that she made it this far in says a lot about how underwhelming this group is.

by Anonymousreply 505March 23, 2019 12:29 AM

Drag Race needs a REST

by Anonymousreply 506March 23, 2019 12:33 AM

I mean...I like Nina, Scarlet, Brook Lynn, and Akiria. Shuga to a somewhat lesser extent. I like Vanjie, too, but she needs to win the next challenge or she’s toast.

by Anonymousreply 507March 23, 2019 12:33 AM

Vangie has a weird walk. Watch her. It's like she just learned how to walk in heals. I like her though.

by Anonymousreply 508March 23, 2019 12:36 AM

Nonsense. It's a show tradition to have a foreign queen with poor english, who mostly fucks up in the acting challenges or anything requiring American comedy delivery. Mercedes isn't all that different to Lil Kenya Michaels.

by Anonymousreply 509March 23, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote]Mercedes isn't all that different to Lil Kenya Michaels

Yes, Kenya Michaels. Another filler queen, who Ru tried to shove down our throats by bringing her back after she’d already been eliminated. She went home again on the same episode she returned on, if memory serves.

Season 4 wasn’t brimming with talent, either.

by Anonymousreply 510March 23, 2019 12:52 AM

Tiffany Pollard needs to be a regular guest judge...I'm not that familiar with her, but thought she was absolutely hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 511March 23, 2019 12:56 AM

Tiffany needs to be a guest judge on Drag Race UK.

by Anonymousreply 512March 23, 2019 1:01 AM

Tiffany is an icon. How it took this long for her to appear on Drag Race as a judge is beyond me. I know she hasn't got anything to flog these days, but still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513March 23, 2019 1:01 AM

Ha, r512 beat me to it by mere seconds.

by Anonymousreply 514March 23, 2019 1:02 AM

I kind of envy you for not knowing why Tiffany Pollard is a celebrity. You probably don’t know that she’s better known by the nickname “New York” and you don’t know how she got that name and what she did on TV under that name.....sigh.

by Anonymousreply 515March 23, 2019 1:05 AM

R515 looks like Luther Vandross.

by Anonymousreply 516March 23, 2019 1:08 AM

Also iconique

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517March 23, 2019 1:08 AM

Joel was getting on Michelle's last nerve....that was pretty funny. In fact the only funny thing I've ever seen McHale do.

by Anonymousreply 518March 23, 2019 2:38 AM

If Miss Vanje would please do Cold Hearted Snake, I would be very pleased. I would even be fine with Thorgy doing the violin part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519March 23, 2019 2:59 AM

We're reaching the end of the thread so here's a link to part two...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520March 23, 2019 9:04 AM

80 more posts, dafuq?

by Anonymousreply 521March 23, 2019 12:46 PM

Another good Roscoe's viewing party. Although, Monet pawing over that guy in the audience... gurl, at least wait until the cameras are switched off.

Ginger Minj is such a classy delight, Asia could learn not to chew gum like a construction worker, and Trinity is a bit of a diva now.

by Anonymousreply 522March 23, 2019 2:38 PM

Goodness, those are some illiterate queens.

by Anonymousreply 523March 23, 2019 2:42 PM

Reminds me of when we were reading Look Back In Anger in our English high school class and the professor pronounced Colonel Redfern the way Silky did. The other best student in that class and I looked at each other like "Is that bitch for real right now?" But like I mentioned upthread, it's a classic mistake most everyone who is learning English makes. And to be fair to that teacher, she had a masters in French as well, so she was bound to mix up a word or two. But what's Silky's excuse? She's not from New Orleans, is she?

by Anonymousreply 524March 23, 2019 2:58 PM

[quote]She went home again on the same episode she returned on, if memory serves.

Correct. And correct again about your S4 assessment - it was Sharon, Chad, Latrice, Willam, Phi Phi and a bunch of fillers. Why they bothered wasting the 'bring back one queen' twist on this season, right after the last of the filler queens went home, is beyond me.

[quote]Tiffany Pollard needs to be a regular guest judge...I'm not that familiar with her, but thought she was absolutely hysterical.

No surprise there, aside from how long it took for her to finally become a guest judge. I figured it would have been on Season 10, after she did this video with Bob:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525March 23, 2019 4:42 PM

Agree about the Roscoe's viewing party this week. Very entertaining. Tea was spilled all over. No one loves Ru or WOW or the food. Monet had the guts to say that she wasn't thrilled at first to share the crown with Trinity!! Like she had ANY fucking chance of winning on her talents. Plenty of inside info about how they make the sausage. Monet is pretty obnoxious but she sure thinks she's swell. Trinity has always been bitchy but she's impatient Diva bitchy now and talks way too much about $$$ Plus she needs to eat something. But the bitch looks great and there's always something subversive about her - she's rooting for Yvie to win!

Asia was pretty funny - the only one to put Monet - in her Endora pussycat wig back in her seat and make her shut the fuck up, several times. Asia turned down All Stars 4, but hinted she is doing 5. She was smart to travel and make some money first. Ginger Minj is still a tacky old toad but someone very real and thoughtful. Another child actor who finds real success in drag. Her episode of Hey Queen is the most painfully sincere I've ever seen. Not in a bad way, I just sort of felt sorry for her. There's someone trying to be a better person and succeeding.

Drunk Monet molests a lot of dudes and also gives out her bank account number and invites people to send her money. At which point they all shut up and the party's over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526March 23, 2019 5:04 PM

I’m so glad Team MoMo has been cycled out of the show. Both of them had worn out their welcome by the time they got eliminated on their season. So what does the show? Bring them back six months later and let them get to the end. I have zero desire to revisit AS4 because of them and no talent Naomi.

by Anonymousreply 527March 23, 2019 10:29 PM

I like Monét. Monique, not so much. Naomi had a moment of brilliance on AS4 with that Judy Garland lip sync, but it was pretty much the only time I was entertained by her.

by Anonymousreply 528March 23, 2019 10:35 PM

On the podcast, Michelle explained the AS4 tie by saying that Trinity was a star from episode 1 while Monet's glow up over the season couldn't be denied. RuPaul responded with a bored "mmm hmm."

Soon after the episode in which she was portrayed in the Rusical by Vangie, Rosie O'Donnell tweeted her support of.....Salty for the win.

by Anonymousreply 529March 23, 2019 11:14 PM

Drag Race has this weird fandom made up of Millenials and GenZ who are part racist and part fighters for social justice and they've decided to all use this program to further their agendas. It's men wearing clown makeup and dressing in women's clothes, it's not that deep. I'm black and even I saw the tie in AS4 as a way to address the fact that there had never been a queen of color winner. Monet is nice and was good for a few laughs, but an all star she is not. With all the incredible queens of color, it sucks that a mediocre one had to get the crown to quiet this odd fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 530March 23, 2019 11:28 PM

Idiotic R530. BeBe Zahara Benet was so WHITE?

by Anonymousreply 531March 23, 2019 11:31 PM

Huh R530? You're not very black or much of a Drag Race fan if you don't know that there have been four black winners and 2 hispanics who've worn the crown.

by Anonymousreply 532March 23, 2019 11:32 PM

I was talking about AS only. Not the real show.

by Anonymousreply 533March 23, 2019 11:35 PM

Yes, if they had crowned Shangela as they should have in AS3, then they could have given AS4 to Trinity alone.

by Anonymousreply 534March 23, 2019 11:39 PM

I’m so sick of hearing about how Shangie was robbed of the All Stars win and fans blaming the show. If you have a problem with it, blame Aja, Milk, Morgan, and the other petty bitches who voted against her.

Yes, Trixie was weak in that season but she’s a great person to carry the winner label with her touring and entertaining media appearances. In contrast, Aquaria excelled in the challenges and technically won, but she’s so awkward and dull as dishwater that the S11 ruveal and Fashion Photo Review is like watching a train wreck. (See also: Sasha Velour)

by Anonymousreply 535March 23, 2019 11:54 PM

Of course, most sane people agree R534. But what Ru allowed the producers to do to Shangela was particularly cruel. Did the young fanbase want Trixie to win, no doubt. Did she perform well enough to win the crown. Hell no, she was terrible. So they forced a fake jury decision on returning queens who were told how to vote. Even gender confused teens are not that stupid. Shangela is a sore spot. The show was once and surely rigged. At least Trixie had the good sense and money to admit that she didn't deserve to win. Monet thinks she legitimately won, over Trinity !?! Crazy bitch is the worst token winner of all time. I can't stand her. And not because she's ugly and her drag is sloppy. She doesn't know herself or she would know better than Brooklyn. Aja would make a more deserving All Star's Winner and she's a busted delusional big mouth bitch too. Monet can hire the best stylists, wig makers and writers, get lipo and a new nose, travel the world and attend finishing school. Money can't buy her talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 24, 2019 12:01 AM

Monet is incredibly delusional, but you should’ve seen Reddit the day after the tie. So many posters saying what a SACRILIGE it was that Monet had to share the win with someone else. It’s this weird hive mind thing of people karma whoring for free woke points for supporting a black queen and a queen with average skills. It also applies to behaving like The Vixen and Phi Phi are these misunderstood saints and anyone who disagrees is downvoted to shit.

This is why I love DL. People actually speak their mind and the honest truth because there aren’t imaginary internet points at stake.

My point is, if Monet is delusional, she has an abundance of fake support making it so.

by Anonymousreply 537March 24, 2019 12:19 AM

sad For the Muslim boy. They should’ve kept him to bring more awareness of drag to his own community.

by Anonymousreply 538March 24, 2019 1:41 AM

I agree r537. Also, a lot of the posts on that sub are unintelligible when they start speaking in memes and quotes from 10 seasons ago for upvotes.

The one redeeming quality is that they do seem to create memes for things that are genuinely funny. I couldn't get "oppalance - you earn everythin" out of my head since that episode - and lo and behold it was already made into 100 memes. My favorite....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539March 24, 2019 1:55 AM

Small racist things amuse small minds... and determine drag winners.

by Anonymousreply 540March 24, 2019 1:59 AM

Why don’t you head over to Reddit, R540? They love to call everything racist without any explanation. And lemme guess...you’re white?

by Anonymousreply 541March 24, 2019 2:26 AM

R540 is here to share the world that Muslim is not a terrorist

by Anonymousreply 542March 24, 2019 2:27 AM

Ha! What kind of parting message was that, anyway? You just get eliminated (finally), you're about to leave the runway for the last time, and the best you can come up with to say is "Muslim is not a terrorist"? Again, how and why was Mercedes cast for the show?

by Anonymousreply 543March 24, 2019 2:34 AM

“How and why was Mercedes cast for the show?”

For dipshits like R540 to virtue signal about how moral and tolerant they are over everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 544March 24, 2019 2:42 AM

She must have been the only Muslim-American drag queen to audition and the powers that be had decided that they needed one this year. There's not being ready for prime time, and then there's being completely out of your depth.

by Anonymousreply 545March 24, 2019 2:48 AM

I'm neither white or muslim. What has that got to do with bad taste old white men demeaning reddit as a defender of "woke" folk. The Vixen had good points and Ru's treatment of her proved how far he would go to suck teenage white dick and humiliate a promising young black man who called him out as a white woman sell out. If you're woke enough, you see everything. There are always racist posters on DL Drag race threads. And most any other DL thread.

Mercedes was cast BECAUSE she is Muslim. Her talent didn't warrant her being on this show. It's a cynical show and the same as any other reality mess. Except that people are a bit more humiliated on Drag Race while others are protected. Watch the Roscoe's viewing party. The queens are always ready to say. Eureka and Aquaria WERE racists who tormented The Vixen and disrespected Monet, Monique and Asia. Trinity knows and Ginger does too. The successful black girls keep their mouths shut. But not all of them. Bob the Drag Queen supported The Vixen, as did Courtney Act, Pandora Box, Jujubee and Willam. It's very easy to see after the fall. White does not equal racist. Racist white = racist. Whitewashed race traitors like Rupaul = racist too. Some people have real problems. There are so many of y'all to go round. Mercedes was an embarrassment. That's what tokenism gets you.

Why are you up my ass anyway R541, R542, R543 and R544? This is a friendly thread. It's a bit of an over reaction on your part. Are you drunk? Old white gay men are often drunk and alone on Saturdays.

by Anonymousreply 546March 24, 2019 2:54 AM

Oh lord, it's the Vixen stan, back from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 547March 24, 2019 2:56 AM

HUH? Bob the Drag Queen, Monet, Chi Chi Devayne, Coco Montrese, Asia O'Hara and Monique Hart have all performed upstairs at Roscoes in Black Girl Magic, within the last 3 months. That's The Vixen's show. They all stan the truth, in the best ways they can.

by Anonymousreply 548March 24, 2019 3:04 AM

I’m neither drunk nor alone, R546. And this was a friendly thread until you decided to show up and start calling people racist because they found a genuinely funny moment of Mercedes to be endearing.

The Vixen was not a “promising young man” who RuPaul humiliated. The Vixen was a toxic, malicious sociopath who humiliated himself on national television by exposing what an ugly and hateful human being he was. And a terrible queen at that. Tutus with a single thread attached to a misshapen bra and oatmeal-y makeup every challenge? Please.

The fact that you’ll defend The Vixen in that situation and act like RuPaul was this racist monster shows just how warped your thinking is and how little credibility you have. Keep defending the indefensible until you have no voice left. What, are you going to say that Hitler wasn’t that bad because he had some Jewish blood in him? Oh right, strident, fake woke people like you DESPISE Jews.

by Anonymousreply 549March 24, 2019 3:07 AM

I'd ask about how Eureka and Aquaria "tormented" the Vixen, but.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550March 24, 2019 3:10 AM

It's not racism based amusement. It's classism. 50% of these contestants are either low IQ, poorly educated, or both. The stupid and clueless ones are eliminated. RuPaul and others involved, are not stupid, and they know what they are doing and yet continue because that's the reality of the guys who are truly dedicated to drag. A percentage are dumb fucks.

by Anonymousreply 551March 24, 2019 3:20 AM

I have compassion for your distress but no tolerance for your animosity R550. You'll feel better in the late morning. You've no doubt had hundreds of nights like this R549. Alcohol works for loners. I don't discount your need. But try to control your rage. Bad judgement can get you banned from your only connection to people. I would never talk about Jews. I'm black. Jews are my brethren. We work together on a few woke projects, as a matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 552March 24, 2019 3:30 AM

How is it possible that a Masters Graduate can't pronounce "colonel"?

by Anonymousreply 553March 24, 2019 3:33 AM

Shitty schools and affirmative action. That one doesn't seem totally dumb, but poorly educated despite the degrees. And mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 554March 24, 2019 3:44 AM

Of course you would think someone would HAVE to be drunk to disagree with you, R552. You have proven your delusion and lack of insight throughout this thread. I have many people I am connected to in my life because of my self-acceptance and morality. You have neither.

You obviously have a deep connection to The Vixen. It must have been very satisfying to see yourself reflected in a person who always plays the victim and believes reprehensible behavior is acceptable. Hopefully one day you will be able to discover that the reason you keep failing isn’t the people, society, and world around you. It’s you.

I hope that you may one day find peace.

by Anonymousreply 555March 24, 2019 3:45 AM

Ooh. La lah. You done lost your mind R555. You HAVE to be drunk. Thanks for the good wishes.

by Anonymousreply 556March 24, 2019 3:55 AM

The Pit Stop with Manila and Kimora Blac is up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557March 24, 2019 3:56 AM

So is Whatcha Packin? with Mercedes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558March 24, 2019 3:56 AM

The All Star Hall of Fame thus far should have been: Alaska, Bendela, Manila.

by Anonymousreply 559March 24, 2019 1:26 PM

Haha, I love that idea that we don't acknowledge All Stars 1, but in all honestly, it's the still the best All Stars season after AS2. It had a strong cast but the teams thing fucked them over, yet it still slightly edges out AS3 and leaves AS4 (the hands down worst Drag Race season of all time) in its dust. Also, the first episode of AS1 Untucked is one of the top three best ever, along with Laganja's freakout and Shangela's Sugar Daddy rant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560March 24, 2019 4:38 PM

How much profit is made off of a show like drag race? Are we talking big bucks here? I never have any clue when it comes to entertainment money. Who gets paid what?

by Anonymousreply 561March 24, 2019 4:57 PM

I don't understand why they feel the need to change the format of AS. It should be just like the mothership. Even thought I do like the lip sync for your legacy part and having the winning queen send the loser home.

I think Ru should do a season of just first runners up or a season of first eliminateds to mix things up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 562March 24, 2019 5:05 PM

I think it would be fun if they took a page from Survivor and gave us some themed seasons too. Instead of representing all the mid-level fan favorites from past seasons, they should just use some of the same girls. People mostly watch it as a talent show anyway. I'd like a Good vs. Shevil season where it's Miss Congenialities (Ivy Winters, Katya, Nina Flowers) versus show villains like Phi Phi and Roxxxy. Or a full season remake of S7 with the same cast. It's a common joke on the show that it's the worst season, but that the queens are really good.

by Anonymousreply 563March 24, 2019 5:13 PM

Drag Race newbie here (apologies in advance) - I just got into the show, started binge watching at season 4 and am at 9 now.

I haven't gotten to AllStars yet, but I feel S7 was a letdown to me, S4 and 5 were amazing, S6 was good, S8 was much better than its predecessor, and S9 is not bad.

Some of the drag queens are super hot boys!

Out of curiosity, how many of the Queens have slept with porn models do you think? I'm guessing Farrah Moan was more than just Brent Corrigan's date to the GayVN Awards.

by Anonymousreply 564March 24, 2019 6:11 PM

Miss Vangie is a treasure like Alyssa Edwards. They are horrible when they try to act as other characters but comedy gold when they just be themselves. I don't care if Miss Vangie wins, I just want more of her commentary.

by Anonymousreply 565March 24, 2019 9:02 PM

[quote]I think Ru should do a season of just first runners up or a season of first eliminateds to mix things up a bit.

I go back and forth on whether a RuDemption season for first boots could work. I'd like to see Porkchop, Kelly Mantle, and Tempest DuJour again, Penny Tration and Alisa Summers not so much. Venus D'Lite would be good for the cringe, I guess ...

by Anonymousreply 566March 24, 2019 9:11 PM

Fuck Joel McHale was an annoying attention seeking shit bag. I wanted to punch him in his hair plugged cunt. YEAH Joel I know you were going for comedy but it just sucked and was so fucking try hard (though he has built his whole career on that lame one note bullshit).

No surprise the idiot cunts on reddit lapped it up though, they'd fuck anything thin, white and douchey trying to live out their 'staight' white douchebro fantasy.

Really ruined the run way segment and Michelle just get down on your arthritis ridden knees and offer to suck him off already. Desperate.

by Anonymousreply 567March 24, 2019 9:22 PM

r564 Welcome! Yes, some of the boys are very hot; I will forever lust after Phi Phi. I doubt Brent wastes his loads if they're not monetized in some way, either through escorting or by being captured on video for OnlyFans. I'm sure some queens have slept with porn stars, although those are two different social circles, which don't necessarily overlap that much. Porn stars are mostly in the gym when they're not escorting and filming and zipping across the world for overseas prostitution gigs.

r567 He has tit implants as well. I also hated how reddit went gaga over him. A straight guy shouts and acts like a jerk, like straight guys have been doing since time immemorial, and everyone gets wet over that?! And no one even mentions how he came to judge in that sweater you put on when you're depressed.

by Anonymousreply 568March 25, 2019 1:02 AM

[quote]A straight guy shouts and acts like a jerk, like straight guys have been doing since time immemorial, and everyone gets wet over that?!

lmao

you have to read the subreddit /r/gaybros or /r/askgaybros - it's 90% "I have a crush on a str8 guy" - with long elaborate (made up) stories about how they ultimately had sex and came out to each other.

by Anonymousreply 569March 25, 2019 1:10 AM

I actually enjoyed McHale's shouting and thought it was a lot funnier than those canned puns they give everyone to say during the runway.

by Anonymousreply 570March 25, 2019 1:35 AM

A little McHale was enough. Michelle with the worn out side eye. But I did laugh when McHale said something about one of the queens lacking vim and vigger, giving Ru one of his rare chances to say, Excuse me, what did you call me? Never turning his head of course.

by Anonymousreply 571March 25, 2019 1:40 AM

VIGOR

by Anonymousreply 572March 25, 2019 1:42 AM

Spelling was intentional gramps.

by Anonymousreply 573March 25, 2019 1:43 AM

R570 I see you've made the trip over from reddit. Your post is almost 100 per cent word for word as one comment I read in one the Joel McHale circle jerk threads.

Just admit it, you're either a self loathing gay that wants a 'straight' fetish fantasy or some some young dumb girl who'll eventually blossom into a full blown frau. Your shit gets old real quick and is probably best suited to reddit.

Yes because watching an egotistical fool hankering for attention by shouting and acting obnoxious and detracting from the contestants is always so much more fun. Granted the puns are dumb and tired but at least it isn't a continual look at me, look at me scenario.

by Anonymousreply 574March 25, 2019 1:43 AM

Actually, I've never been on reddit in my life. Nor am I atracted to McHale. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 575March 25, 2019 1:46 AM

Settle petal, no need to loose your shit and get hysterical Mary. I guess the lady doth protest too much.

You're a liar, R570, you're also a pussy. Though when you live in a fantasy land I guess reality can hit you hard and you freak out a little.

by Anonymousreply 576March 25, 2019 1:52 AM

Omg who is the hysterical queen in this thread having a meltdown because people find Joel McHale attractive? Calm down! He's good looking & was on a successful show for 10+ years (The Soup - hello).

Why are you so triggered by straight guys? Do they remind you of the people who shoved you into lockers in High School? Are you the same one who is also attracted to Phi Phi? The most hated queen in the history of the show (whose head looks like a potato)? Gurl bye.

Oh and no honey, they are not "tit implants" or they wouldn't flatten out like that when he lifted his arms. Solid silicone doesn't stretch and flatten like muscle tissue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577March 25, 2019 2:01 AM

The Soup, it isn't 2010 anymore dear, do keep up with the times.

The reddit fraus have arrived, and on cue no less. I can't believe someone as so bland and basic as McHale has rabid fans. I guess sex starved bitches really do have nothing better to live for.

Here are some reddit quotes to let everyone know what we're dealing with

'Non- American fish here and just discovered Joel after this episode and now I have been watching videos of him taking his shirt off in Community and his Pepsi ads on YouTube. This man is so damn fine.' Sad Hag #1

'NGL, I got kinda aroused with him yelling.' Sad Hag #2

'Tbh, him shouting in the panel really turns me on. It’s just that masc scream.' Self loathing Queen on poppers #1

'I think we all did. I wanted to sit on his face.' Queen on poppers #2

Sorry but 'Daddy Joel' cannot get it. He's a washed up piece of shit. Though PMSL at Community getting a mention, what it was only cancelled years ago. A washed up hack is still a washed up hack at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 578March 25, 2019 2:23 AM

"It’s just that masc scream" 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 579March 25, 2019 2:27 AM

Oh god, my curiosity got the best of me and I headed over to the Drag Race threads at reddit. What a fucking nightmare. Post after post by young girls trying to sound like "sassy queens". If anyone finds a post of value over there, please do share it here, because I'm too fucking old for that shit.

by Anonymousreply 580March 25, 2019 2:43 AM

Check out "La Gala Drag" from Las Palmas being shown right now on TVE (TV from Spain)

That is some phenomenal drag

by Anonymousreply 581March 25, 2019 2:47 AM

So... how many white guys rejected you on Grindr, r578?

by Anonymousreply 582March 25, 2019 2:49 AM

I smell a fight!

Not OP, but we might need that new thread soon:

Have at it bitches, I'm bored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583March 25, 2019 2:51 AM

Michelle made the vim and vigour comment. Joel McHale was not funny, though the producers played their part in that as well.

by Anonymousreply 584March 25, 2019 4:57 AM

Plastique, Gia and Manila.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585March 25, 2019 5:26 AM

Plastique is beautiful as a woman and a man.

by Anonymousreply 586March 25, 2019 5:35 AM

[quote]Check out "La Gala Drag" from Las Palmas being shown right now on TVE (TV from Spain)

WOW Presents Plus is now running the subtitled first season of [italic]The Switch Drag Race,[/italic] the official Chilean edition of the show. The format is very different from RPDR, with an emphasis on live singing, but the queens are entertainingly messy and bitchy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587March 25, 2019 6:00 AM

^ WOW Presents Plus is also airing [italic]Drag Race Thailand[/italic] with subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 588March 25, 2019 6:04 AM

One fault with Yvie.. she's shown panties a couple of times already.

by Anonymousreply 589March 25, 2019 5:12 PM

Miss Vangie is hilarious. She's reads the queens for E.T. For Brooke Lynn she says, "season 11, eleven inches."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590March 25, 2019 6:05 PM

Vanjie is lightning in a bottle—so glad they brought her back!

by Anonymousreply 591March 25, 2019 6:16 PM

Thread two...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592March 25, 2019 6:28 PM

R582 Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 593March 25, 2019 10:50 PM

Let's

by Anonymousreply 594March 29, 2019 5:06 AM

just

by Anonymousreply 595March 29, 2019 5:07 AM

close

by Anonymousreply 596March 29, 2019 5:07 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 597March 29, 2019 5:07 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 598March 29, 2019 5:07 AM

Next thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 29, 2019 5:08 AM

And end.

by Anonymousreply 600March 29, 2019 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!