Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 14 (Dial M for MAGA)

You know the drill.

Link to Part 13 below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602March 14, 2019 7:25 PM

All hail Our Boo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2019 5:07 PM

Ellen Page can urged people not to “lose sight of the very real, endemic violence that LGBTQ+ people, people of color and other underrepresented communities face every day” all she wants but we're seeing evidence of gay and black people being dismissed as drama queens and liars already. Thanks, Jussie. Twat.

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2019 5:19 PM

We should remember though that Jussie has not YET been convicted nor has the grand jury handed down an indictment. I’m sure he’s in California for acting lessons at the trial.

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2019 5:52 PM

Ri thought the grand jury DID indict. Felony disorderly conduct (filing a false police report is only a misdemeanor in IL.).

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2019 6:17 PM

Tija, you're too old a woman to be preoccupied with race. Trash talking whites and asians on forums across the internet is such a wheel spinner. Preoccupy yourself with an online side gig income. Take power.

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2019 7:34 PM

The LSA trolls..imagine the extra income every month if you applied equal fervor by redirecting to genuine payout gigs from home. There are some Reddit threads concerning tried & true hustle strategies. Endless possibilities. It's painful witnessing a life wasted on the DL. Use your internet connection wisely. Then start a thread here with extra input helping all of our readers.

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2019 7:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2019 9:31 PM

R4 It’s a class IV felony.

by Anonymousreply 8February 27, 2019 10:48 PM

R5 Who in the blue hell is Tija?? Is she one of the LSA bible thumping interlopers?

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2019 1:25 AM

So when are we going to get to the gay shit? Yeah, we know Jussie has a few screws loose, but I need to know if the Nigerian brothers were training that bussy to get their rent paid. Or who else was doing Jussie besides that boyfriend Tawan. No way they are exclusive gurl...

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2019 2:21 AM

Frank was in his apt at 2 am, R10, you do the math.

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2019 4:16 AM

OP I imagine that the story may pick up again after Jussie pow wows with Geragos and we learn bout a possible trial date and/or a possible plea deal. I will kep this in my thread watch so even if it's 2 weeks or a month from now we can all reassemble here.

All Hail our Boo!

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2019 6:50 AM

Uncle Vince is King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2019 7:08 AM

My personal training and time is expensive. #worthit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2019 9:22 AM

Do not worry. If this case goes to trial, these threads will return to lightning speed once again. Odds are there won't be a trial, but you never know! Maybe that's what the pow wow is about. Maybe Geragos wants to see how convincing he would be on the stand.

If there is a trial, get ready for lots of coverage by our Boo!

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2019 12:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2019 5:31 PM

Alex McDaniel claims Abel Osundairo used offensive words about gay men with witnesses claiming Abel said he could never be friends with a 'f****t', stating, 'hell no, f**k that'.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, McDaniel said he took offense at the comments and confronted Abel which led to an altercation.

The incident happened while filming scenes for season two of Empire at Cook County Juvenile Detention Center in Chicago in July of 2015.

Abel, 25, and his brother Ola, 27, allegedly attacked Empire star Smollett on January 29, threw bleach on him, tied a noose around his neck and yelled 'f****t', 'n****r' and 'This is MAGA country!'

However, after three weeks of investigation, Chicago police publicly announced that they believed Smollett paid the brothers to stage a fake attack because he was upset with his salary on Empire.

Smollett, 36, was arrested last week and charged with filing a false police report of a hate crime.

Now claims surrounding the alleged homophobic attitude of the Nigerian pair casts further intrigue on the case.

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2019 7:53 PM

This ^^ old news is now posted here and on the "Two Nigerian Brothers..." thread. What's your point, r17?

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2019 7:57 PM

WTF, of course like everyone else, they think it's okay to slam gays-- but Mussy set this one up, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2019 8:22 PM

To those who are screeching that not supporting Jussie is racism—which is the modern day version of the Scarlet Letter, just point and accuse with no proof of anything and nobody will touch it with a ten foot pole—I have a simple question: How is supporting the word of two black guys over the word of one black guy racist?

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2019 9:19 PM

It's not racist... these are trolls.

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2019 9:21 PM

Im a little late as I haven't been following the story since last week. So his lawyers are going to work the angle that he actually paid the brothers for training, and they turned on him a homophobia fueled attack?

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2019 9:35 PM

If Jussie wants a homophobic attack, he should go visit Nigeria with the brothers.

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2019 9:37 PM

He needs a good Rafer Weigel.

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2019 9:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2019 9:57 PM

[quote]The two nearly came to blows on the set of Empire

Heh heh heh. I’ll bet.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2019 10:26 PM

There was speculation that one thing that hanged Smollett (so to speak) was his redacted phone records, that he may have redacted the Nigerians' phone numbers, and that gave the police clues on which of his associates to investigate. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that? Smollett pointing the finger at the Nigerians won't work terribly well if he was communicating with them before and after the alleged attack.

Also, why would the Nigerians send the hate mail? What would that accomplish exactly? If they hated all the gays associated with Empire, why focus on Smollett in the letter?

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2019 10:28 PM

The brothers from Chicago, whom some racists here refer to as the Nigerians, were accomplices. They were involved with Jussie in a number of ways. $3,500 dollars wouldn't buy you a month of personal training with Uncle Vince. The brothers performed a number of personal services for Mr. Smollett, yet to be determined.

One of them had a previous attempted murder charge, downgraded to assault. They're Americans, not Nigerians. (Old white men have no business commenting on how melanated we lucky men of color are.) The brothers most likely assembled and mailed the letter. Jussie is going down for nothing but a fine. His career is over. But a singer can still sing and have some influential friends, right? Thank god Jussie will be fine. And the brothers remain free of persecution because of their deal. Don't say they didn't get one. Some of us know better. Jussie can be fined as much as $25,000 and sentenced to some community service. There's nothing more to exploit or discover that can be proven. He should be deeply ashamed of his motivation. Still, no one was hurt but Jussie and who's to say he wasn't targeted? Not Mark Geragos.

Uncle Vince is here to strengthen, guide and inspire the healthy healing of J,S. Deep hard work. The rest of you can cheer him on and pray for his redemption. You can also hire me or contribute to our cause. Peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2019 11:38 PM

R7 that gif is sooooo fucking hot!! The cocksucker is handsome and that dick is thick af.

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2019 12:12 AM

Big snore, Uncle V.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2019 12:15 AM

Who is "uncle Vince" and how is he connected to the Jussie story?

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2019 12:49 AM

No one snores near Uncle Vince. R30 must be an impotent ancient white F*G. Sleep well gramps.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2019 12:51 AM

Black underwear aren't my favorite. Butt they sell well after I work out in em for a few days. Inquire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2019 1:12 AM

Seems the one poster is alone on this thread. No one is hanging on a thread anymore. Maybe move on? The LSA old shut-ins sure have after they were outed above. So you can count them out. They do not want to bring attention to their thuggery.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2019 1:33 AM

R34 I don't see these threads moving at the insane speed they were for quite a while. But fairly sure a nugget here and there will drop, especially as Jussie's lawyers keep floating their balloons. Here's hoping the Feds charge him soon.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2019 1:37 AM

Attn: Jussie watchers! Ingraham just teased a segment coming up later in her show about "the complete disconnect in Hollywood concerning Jussie Smollett."

I doubt it will be a long one, but it does prove that there must still be some interest from her viewers in the case. I will let you know what was said if anyone can't get to a TV or doesn't want to watch FNC.

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2019 2:06 AM

Looks like Canada's own Jussie - Prime Minister Jussie Trudeau - is in some legal hot water as well. It may be as well for him to re-visit his thespian roots. Perhaps a year from now when Trudeau is out of office and Smollett is out of money, they could tour the provinces in a two-person show. Something by Lanford Wilson, maybe. Anything where they don't kiss.

If they prove to be as big a draw as I figure, I'm picturing a re-make of The Ten Commandments with Smollett as the smoldering Pharaoh and Trudeau in wholly Moses mode ordering him to Let My People-kind Go!

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2019 3:49 AM

Jussie was frustrated with his music career wasn't he. I remember him saying that his music was only spins because of Empire's wild success. This was back when the show first hit the TV.

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2019 6:53 AM

R38 on the show, Jussie can sing fairly well, but he’s not brilliant and he has only moderate charisma as a performer, however many times they write in scenes with him on stage. The show, for me, completely demonstrates why he doesn’t have a full music career outside of it — he doesn’t have anything special about him, to the point that at times it’s a stretch for viewers to believe that his Empire character has “fans” who are waiting for him to “drop his next album” or whatever. These are all thoughts I had prior to this sandwich debacle because I actually watch Empire sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2019 7:01 AM

R37 impersonating another race so poorly. Poor old LSA dregs and their ilk are being watch dogged and hounded by mods at LSA and Reddit. Not the daily fail as much. Sure, they get banned but it's easy to start an account there anew. Fail staff doesn't care because they rely upon gullible minorities for hits. It's actually abuse but the race warrior can't comprehend how they're getting played by thinking that the world hasn't caught on.

Candy from a baby

by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2019 8:02 AM

R39. Great post, but...um...*cough*

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2019 8:45 AM

Is this over yet? Did he or didn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 42March 1, 2019 8:51 AM

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝗪𝗼𝗸𝗲

The Nigerian brothers accused of being hired to stage a hate attack on Empire actor Jussie Smollett say they 'regret their involvement'.

Abel, 25, and Ola Osundairo, 27, released a statement through their lawyer late Thursday in which they apologized to minorities and real victims of hate crimes.

It read: 'My clients have tremendous regret over their involvement in this situation, and they understand how it has impacted people across the nation, particularly minority communities and especially those who have been victims of hate crimes themselves.'

Prosecutors went to extraordinary lengths to lay their case bare for the public on Thursday after his bond hearing.

They also say phone records show the actor communicated with Abel on the night of the attack, afterwards and while the brothers were in Nigeria.

He is yet to offer an explanation for those allegations but his defense has shifted its focus from the media to the Chicago Police Department which he says handled his case poorly.

by Anonymousreply 43March 1, 2019 4:39 PM

Yahooooooooo finally restating the fact that Mussy lied.....

by Anonymousreply 44March 1, 2019 4:45 PM

How sad that ultimately Jussie will become the spokesperson for the continuation of a two-tiered justice system that levels hefty punishments on the poor and obscure while allowing rich and famous law-breakers to go unpunished.

Jussie will be remembered as a Warrior AGAINST Social Justice. In the end he will be nothing more than a sniveling cowardly voice in defense of Wealth Privilege.

by Anonymousreply 45March 1, 2019 4:51 PM

Axel also has an ovulating-inducing sexy deep voice

by Anonymousreply 46March 1, 2019 4:53 PM

Jussie is a guilty piece of SHIT.

I will not watch Empire anymore if he is in it.

by Anonymousreply 47March 2, 2019 12:44 AM

I forgive him

by Anonymousreply 48March 2, 2019 1:12 AM

If he has not confessed to his misdeeds, R48, then he does not seek your forgiveness. To hear him tell it, he is still the victim and he has done nothing wrong at all. Forgiveness requires admission of guilt.

by Anonymousreply 49March 2, 2019 6:29 AM

The rest of Empire S5 hits the screens soon. Jussie will be in episodes 11-16. Wonder if ratings will soar or slump?

by Anonymousreply 50March 2, 2019 12:21 PM

They will Soar for first episode after hiatus

by Anonymousreply 51March 2, 2019 12:22 PM

Jussie Mollett's mother is Black. His father was a white Russian Jew. Watching Empire clips on youtube (i would never actually watch that show), you feel like you are watching some sad gangsta wannabe in a tyler perry movie. He cannot sing, he is a miserable actor, everything about him is an affectation..... Where do these descriptions of him as talented star of Empire come from? Talented? Uh NOOOOOO.

So hearing him say y'all and slip into ghetto jargon is beyond annoying. It's revolting. His biggest crime in all of this (aside from fucking the chicago police department) is having a malignant ego. The man needs this humbling. Long overdue.

by Anonymousreply 52March 2, 2019 4:53 PM

His family lived off the taxpayer's dime in NYC for many years. His father is a piece of work, sucking off govt programs and having kids. This attitude of entitlement is ingrained in Jussie. He is the product of give to me from others way of life.

by Anonymousreply 53March 2, 2019 4:57 PM

I expect the "talented star" descriptions come either from his own PR team or from Empire's (they're hardly going to tout him as the seriously untalented star of the show).

by Anonymousreply 54March 2, 2019 4:58 PM

How do you know this, r53?

by Anonymousreply 55March 2, 2019 4:58 PM

The Brothers Apologize...kind of

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 2, 2019 8:08 PM

Every passing day proves there has been a rush to judgement by the public and the dirty CPD. Jussie is most likely innocent. He certainly won't be found guilty.

by Anonymousreply 57March 2, 2019 9:36 PM

Every passing day proves that Jussie's not just a bitch but that he's a snitch too, and has no qualms about selling out the blacks to "the man".

by Anonymousreply 58March 2, 2019 10:20 PM

Oh, pipe down, both of you. Jussie Smollett hasn't been victimized by the cops or the public, and he hasn't sold out his accomplishes to "the man." He did the crime for some deranged reason of his own, and the other two in fact sold him out--not vice versa.

By the way, I see r53 never came back to explain how he knows that the Smollett dad was some kind of grifter.

Are we now going to spend two weeks reading DL posters' fantasies and lies?

by Anonymousreply 59March 2, 2019 10:29 PM

From what I've read so far it does appear likely that Jussie gave a false report to the cops and that the "attack" was pre-planned with the cooperation of the "Nigerians". There's also the issue of the threatening letter containing a white powder (not anthrax but aspirin) which many believe to have been sent by Jussie to himself. That appears to be considered the more serious crime and merits more jail time.

The internet is in a frenzy saying that Jussie tried to incite a race war and that a fake hate crime is as serious as an actual hate crime.

If he is found guilty on both counts, how much prison time do you think he will get and how much jail time would you like to be imposed ?

by Anonymousreply 60March 2, 2019 10:41 PM

I think he will get no prison time--or if he does, it will be suspended and he'll be on probation for a period time with mandatory mental health counseling, monetary penalty and public service. To be fair, I don't think anyone would go to prison for this.

by Anonymousreply 61March 2, 2019 10:44 PM

Jussie didn't send the letter. The brothers composed and sent the letter. (at Smollett's instruction, allegedly) That's why they caved at the 47th hour and cut a deal. Jussie will not do jail time. He will be fined and sentenced to community service.

by Anonymousreply 62March 2, 2019 10:45 PM

Once again, have O and Gayle weighed in on this?

by Anonymousreply 63March 2, 2019 10:48 PM

They're busy talking to the men allegedly sexually abused by Michael Jackson, r63.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 2, 2019 10:57 PM

Gayle's turn, r63.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 2, 2019 11:00 PM

[quote]He cannot sing, he is a miserable actor, everything about him is an affectation..... Where do these descriptions of him as talented star of Empire come from? Talented? Uh NOOOOOO.

Jussie is not untalented. I was never a fan of his singing voice. He does the nasally Michael Jackson vocals that so many others do, but he can carry a tune well for the purpose of playing Jamal.

Will he ever be a wildly successful recording artist? Probably not. Its ridiculous that at 36 he still is bitter about his music not taking off. The music industry is quite fickle these days, and his genre of R&B is not very popular right now. IMO he never capitalized off the fact that he is gay. I mean if you are going to come out, make music for gays!

Jussie always had an attitude as well, which makes him unlikable when he is not on camera. Apparently no one ever advised him how he comes off.

by Anonymousreply 66March 2, 2019 11:24 PM

I think he is so glued to his family that he doesn't know or listen to many outsiders. And I've seen what family members are posting on social media--they just reinforce his (and their own) sense of specialness and entitlement. If someone were to advise Jussie that his attitude isn't working, his siblings would assure him that he's perfect.

One of the sisters consistently describes the family as a band of joyful warriors. Like they are "elect." They are a bit of a cult.

by Anonymousreply 67March 2, 2019 11:28 PM

He’s extremely talented. And hot, which is why so many are still hesitant to condemn him

by Anonymousreply 68March 2, 2019 11:30 PM

He's moderately talented, at best. Hot's in the eye of the beholder.

Neither is a reasonable basis to judge him for this alleged crime.

by Anonymousreply 69March 2, 2019 11:39 PM

r59 They only sold him out to the man cause they knew they were about to be in a world of trouble. Fucking 3500 isn't enough money for that kind of trouble. And the deranged reasons for Jussie doing it were basically to propel him to victim/hero status.

by Anonymousreply 70March 2, 2019 11:55 PM

Well, of course that's why they sold him out, r70. What better reason? My post was directed to r58, who seemed to believe that Jussie had sold THEM out, not the other way round.

by Anonymousreply 71March 3, 2019 12:03 AM

R60, are you just hearing about this all now?

by Anonymousreply 72March 3, 2019 12:04 AM

Oh r71 I am r58 and r70 and I feel he did sell them out by even getting them wrapped up in this to begin with and instead of being noble and admitting he's caught, he's trying to pin it all on them. Granted, yes, they are criminals for money but we know it wasn't their idea.

by Anonymousreply 73March 3, 2019 1:11 AM

[quote] Granted, yes, they are criminals for money

Actually, they didn't break any law by being paid to fake a hate crime. It was only filing a false police report that is a crime, which Jussie did.

by Anonymousreply 74March 3, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote] Actually, they didn't break any law by being paid to fake a hate crime. It was only filing a false police report that is a crime, which Jussie did.

Then they would be guilty of accessory before the fact and conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 75March 3, 2019 1:28 AM

Well, r73, I think it's fair to say there aren't any good guys here.

by Anonymousreply 76March 3, 2019 1:34 AM

The brothers are guilty of much more than that. They compiled and mailed the letter. They had them on that and that is why and when the brothers caved at the 47th hour of their hold. They were about to be thrown in jail and certainly couldn't afford bail. They were give a great deal by the corrupt POLICE, even though they committed the most serious part of the crime from a strictly legal perspective. Most likely they did everything under Jussie's instruction. Regardless, all of them will go free now. Probably as it should be. Fuck "the man."

by Anonymousreply 77March 3, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote] The brothers are guilty of much more than that. They compiled and mailed the letter. They had them on that and that is why and when the brothers caved at the 47th hour of their hold. They were about to be thrown in jail and certainly couldn't afford bail. They were give a great deal by the corrupt POLICE, even though they committed the most serious part of the crime from a strictly legal perspective. Most likely they did everything under Jussie's instruction. Regardless, all of them will go free now. Probably as it should be. Fuck "the man."

Keep pushing this bullshit theory with no evidence, dear. Maybe if you type it enough times, that will make it true.

by Anonymousreply 78March 3, 2019 2:57 AM

There’s no evidence the “Nigerian” American bros sent the letter

by Anonymousreply 79March 3, 2019 3:57 AM

Jussie acts, sings and dances well enough to have won and kept (to date) his role on Empire, even if not to entirely convince in that role. Viewer disbelief must be suspended by generosity on the viewers’ part to buy that the Jamal character would be “mobbed by fans.” He is not talentless, but he is nothing special, and certainly not a star. No-one wirhout the surname Smollett would look at Empire and think “wow, this guy is too big for this show!”

On the other hand, a guy too big for Empire wouldn’t be on Empire. So he does his job, but only that. After a few years on a network show, he isn’t getting any film roles, whereas someone genuinely above-averagely talented like Taraji is continuing to get those (OK, most of her films aren’t very good, but she still has a career many TV actors would envy).

I also agree that Jussie will not be going to jail even if convicted. Fines, probation, agreement to counselling etc all much more likely.

by Anonymousreply 80March 3, 2019 8:56 AM

I think part of Jussie's problem is that he was raised to see himself and his siblings as somehow "chosen"--talented, special, "joyful warriors"--when in fact only Jurnee has had any real success, starting with Eve's Bayou when she was very young. So he goes out into the world with this sense of entitlement and can't quite grasp, let alone accept, that his is just an average talent. He's not top tier, he's not A-list, he'll never be a movie star....so instead he will save the world (the joyful warriors prong of his family mantra) and become famous for his heroics. By any means necessary.

There is nothing to be gained by sending him to prison. He hurt himself and his "fam." Probation/suspension and the attendant bells and whistles will be sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 81March 3, 2019 12:46 PM

I love how some deranged fuck keeps coming into Jussie threads with the story that dude has a Jewish father & that’s somehow to blame for his insanity.

You have to wonder who looks at this story and sees Jewish people as the problem ..... Minister Farrakhan, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 82March 3, 2019 12:48 PM

Eve's Bayou, motherfucker at r81? I guess you are forgetting my turn as Michelle Tanner's friend on "Full House".

by Anonymousreply 83March 3, 2019 12:51 PM

Well, r82, I have to wonder where you saw posts blaming the Jewish father for all this.

And in terms of sheer artistic merit, r83 is correct that it's scandalous to omit "Full House" from Jurnee's resume.

I guess the remaining talented and adorable Smollett siblings are Uber drivers.....

by Anonymousreply 84March 3, 2019 1:02 PM

Good post, R81. Jurnee was quite good in Underground, much better than Jussie on Empire although it was a better role. But I can believe she’s the true acting talent in the family. Truth is, the role on Empire is like landing the jackpot for an actor, Jussie has made it, and should just enjoy it, 99.99% of actors won’t do better, but if you’ve been brought up to think the world’s your oyster, perhaps playing joint third fiddle (the sons) to Terence and Taraji for what’s already serious money just isn’t enough.

by Anonymousreply 85March 3, 2019 1:57 PM

Well the Jussie scandal has made it onto Saturday Night Live! He was in a skit and they mentioned him in Weekend Update.

by Anonymousreply 86March 3, 2019 1:57 PM

Empire was made strictly for me to pay for my houseboat, make no mistakes, Jussie would never have gotten to be the star or paid as much as I am.

by Anonymousreply 87March 3, 2019 2:01 PM

Anyone who thinks Jussie will escape some sort of prison time is deluded. Remember, the federal charges for the letter are lingering. White as white Martha Stewart was put into the clink, no way Jussie is going to just get a pat on the bottom (heh) and sent off to bed without dessert.

by Anonymousreply 88March 3, 2019 2:05 PM

Martha Stewart engaged in felony financial fraud--a statutory/federal crime (I can't recall whether it carried a mandatory minimum sentence). Smollett has upset a number of people and caused general harm to potential future victims of hate crimes. There's a big difference.

by Anonymousreply 89March 3, 2019 2:27 PM

A big difference that should still end in prison time r89

by Anonymousreply 90March 3, 2019 2:36 PM

If he is linked to the letter that is a federal crime considered domestic terrorism, not upsetting people. The PR shills are going hard but it makes no sense. He already got rehab and counseling when popped for the DUI and it clearly had NO effect. He gave his 18 year old brothers name and signed it on the documents. Dude must be extra dumb. Who does that to family? Did he think the cops would never figure it out? How, exactly, was that choice supposed to help?

by Anonymousreply 91March 3, 2019 2:40 PM

Jussie doesn't have a criminal record and won't go to jail for a first offence that didn't cause bodily, emotional or financial harm to a single person.

by Anonymousreply 92March 3, 2019 2:45 PM

r92 Yes he does actually. He got popped for a DUI that he tried to blame on his little brother. Do keep up. Jussie, your "crisis team" is showing, and they aren't doing a good job. Fire them. You are going to need the money for fines.

by Anonymousreply 93March 3, 2019 2:55 PM

I'm really confused about the hate letter business. Do DLers think that Jussie created it and mailed it to himself ? Did the brothers create the letter and send it either under J's instruction or independently to really scare Jussie ? I read somewhere that the magazine that supplied the cut-out letters was in the brothers' home, but with so many details I may have misread. If the letter mailing is the more serious offense then it's important for the facts to be revealed. The anti-Jussie backlash paints him as a mastermind directing the hapless brothers to do his dirty business.

by Anonymousreply 94March 3, 2019 4:26 PM

What are you confused about r94? Not just DL'ers but everyone thinks he mailed it to himself, and when it didn't get the reaction he wanted he staged this beatdown. No the brothers didn't do it independently, aren't you slick, trying to sow some doubt here? Yeah the brothers did it at his behest. It's not "anti-Jussie" to know that that is the likeliest scenario. And yes, he is the mastermind but the plan was idiotic so it's not like he needed to be smart to mastermind it. What facts are you waiting on to be revealed? Look at the charges, he was indicted for mailing the letter to himself. It's not like it needs some massive effort to deconstruct.

by Anonymousreply 95March 3, 2019 4:34 PM

[quote]Look at the charges, he was indicted for mailing the letter to himself.

He was? When?

by Anonymousreply 96March 3, 2019 4:36 PM

Smollett was indicted on February 20, 2019, for disorderly conduct after allegedly staging a hate crime assault by two Nigerian-American brothers on himself and filing a false police report

by Anonymousreply 97March 3, 2019 4:40 PM

Following in Martha Stewart's footsteps, Juss will be featured on Dancing With the Stars 2022, along with AOC.

by Anonymousreply 98March 3, 2019 4:44 PM

R77 What is your source for saying the brothers compiled and mailed the ‘hate’ letter? I’ve not seen this reported as fact anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 99March 3, 2019 4:49 PM

None of this is reported as "fact" r99, luckily we have some brains and can piece evidence together. The magazines the letters were cut from were found in the brothers' apartment.

by Anonymousreply 100March 3, 2019 4:55 PM

You are incorrect, r95. Smollett hasn't been indicted on the federal charge....yet. We're not likely to get any real information on the letter unless/until they do; they aren't going to reveal whatever evidence they might have. The brothers are likely implicated in the letter based on the magazines found in their apartment, but almost surely they participated at Jussie's instruction--not on their own.

Btw, calling Jussie Smollett the "mastermind" of this ridiculous enterprise is very funny.

by Anonymousreply 101March 3, 2019 5:11 PM

Yes, R97, that has nothing to do with the letter that was sent.

by Anonymousreply 102March 3, 2019 5:11 PM

BLIND ITEM

Right now they are saying nothing, but prosecutors in this case involving the actor/singer from the hit network show are weighing dropping all the charges against the actor/singer because they are not sure they can make them stick. Jussie Smollett (Why Jussie Smollett Probably Won’t Get Prison Time

by Anonymousreply 103March 3, 2019 9:23 PM

That's absurd. It may also be true.

by Anonymousreply 104March 3, 2019 9:29 PM

We have the new Jamal on Empire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 3, 2019 9:31 PM

The FBI said the cops were overstating the case they have about the letter so maybe it will all go away. Cannot wait to see his sense of victimhood grow.

by Anonymousreply 106March 3, 2019 9:54 PM

Pulled this from the last thread as a reminder:

Police Superintendent Johnson spoke to GMA this morning. Direct quote:

"There's a lot more evidence that hasn't been presented that doesn't support the version he [Jussie] gave." He mentioned that that included physical and video evidence and testimony.

I'm amazed when I read people on this board acting like we know all the evidence the CPD has, like they're going to share everything months before the case goes to court. And the FBI/postal inspectors haven't said much of anything, and some here are so naive they believe that de facto means they have nothing, or have forgotten about the case.

Keep dreaming, Journee, LSAers, PR people, and delusional fanbois.

by Anonymousreply 107March 3, 2019 10:00 PM

If the charges are dropped, I wonder if Jussie will experience the Fatty Arbuckle effect. Eldergays will recall that Fatty was found not guilty of the death of Virginia Rappe, but it basically trashed his movie career. If Jussie isn't tried or, if tried, found not guilty, his detractors will be mad as hell. Even now the internet is discussing gleefully how many years he should be imprisoned - only 3 years or , as some hope, up to 15 years. One YouTube scribe even suggested a #moretimeforjussie hashtag to engender public support for a harsh sentence.

by Anonymousreply 108March 3, 2019 10:05 PM

R108 was this when Fattie inserted a glass Pepsi bottle into Virginia's virgin parts?

by Anonymousreply 109March 3, 2019 10:07 PM

I think it's true that dismissing the charges doesn't do Jussie any favors, particularly if it seems clear that prosecutors are dropping the case because the evidence is too circumstantial.

by Anonymousreply 110March 3, 2019 10:12 PM

R109 Joan Crawford was the Brand Ambassador for Pepsi. Coincidence ? I think not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 3, 2019 10:31 PM

[quote] The magazines the letters were cut from were found in the brothers' apartment.

This is also not true.

by Anonymousreply 112March 4, 2019 2:09 AM

R94 here. Thanks for this. I read about the magazine found in the brothers' home , but I agree that the magazine isn't necessarily the source for the letters used in the hate message. Are the two incidents i.e. assault and letter in any way related ?

by Anonymousreply 113March 4, 2019 2:41 AM

Jussie has made a ridiculous clown of himself but if he winds up not being charged, that’s OK with me. Presumably they’ll charge if the evidence is there & not otherwise & that’s their call. If they don’t have evidence to convict then charging him would mean wasting even more resources on this shitshow.

Meanwhile Jussie is a histrionic sensitive but not a public threat. No good would be done by locking him in jail. If he pays restitution & learns a lesson, society doesn’t need more from him.

by Anonymousreply 114March 4, 2019 1:25 PM

Still not seeing the judgments of his talent as being even moderate. I saw this before this whole fakery thing, and it made me cringe even then. Now that cringe-worthiness has only been amplified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 4, 2019 3:12 PM

Too bad Wardrobe didn't have the hat in Jussie's size. ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 116March 4, 2019 3:25 PM

Huh. Thanks to Jussie Smollett appearing in something Brock Pierce acted in, An Open Secret is pushing the idea he’s a pedo now. They also are acting real over the top about the fact he staged it as if this validated their right to be MAGA chuds.

by Anonymousreply 117March 4, 2019 3:44 PM

It's like watching a 13 year old being asked to perform in his parents' living room, for company.

by Anonymousreply 118March 4, 2019 5:01 PM

Yeah, he's not very good. I'm thinking the parents did not do their kids any favors pumping them full of their own specialness. It must be hard to cope with reality when it turns out you're just....ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 119March 4, 2019 5:04 PM

Robin Roberts is the real victim here....or at least she thinks so. First stop on her "repair my repuation" tour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 4, 2019 9:24 PM

She's concerned with the response of her LGBT community? She's supposed to be a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 121March 4, 2019 10:09 PM

Robin doesn't need to make a big deal about this stunt queen. She did her job asking him the questions and getting his reactions, whether he was being truthful or not. Diane Sawyer wasn't on an apology tour when Whitney told her she wasn't on crack and asked her for receipts.

by Anonymousreply 122March 4, 2019 10:24 PM

She did do her job. And I think she's making a big mistake explaining herself now.

by Anonymousreply 123March 4, 2019 10:30 PM

That's our Robin, always whining about somethin.

by Anonymousreply 124March 4, 2019 10:35 PM

Watch Jussie's reaction @ 3:38 when asked if he will be singing any songs he wrote on Empire season 4 lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 5, 2019 12:16 AM

Jacob Artist can replace Jussie and the world could go back to NORMAL! Jacob is a beautiful man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 5, 2019 1:09 AM

R126 but he isn't gay

by Anonymousreply 127March 5, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote] Meanwhile Jussie is a histrionic sensitive but not a public threat. No good would be done by locking him in jail. If he pays restitution & learns a lesson, society doesn’t need more from him.

Being a "public threat" is not the only reason to give someone jail time. Sometimes it's for punishment and to deter others from doing the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 128March 5, 2019 1:40 AM

Are Abindola "Abel" Osundairo and his brother Olabinjo "Ola" Osundairo still employed as extras on Empire ? If they are, maybe they'll get more screen time now. The ratings would certainly increase if only for curiousity's sake.

by Anonymousreply 129March 5, 2019 1:54 AM

R114 not a public threat? What would have happened to two random white guys who just so happened to be out and about in the area that night?

by Anonymousreply 130March 5, 2019 2:00 AM

Shut up r130

by Anonymousreply 131March 5, 2019 2:23 AM

R131 Exactly. You got told off, so the only response you can think of is to say shut up. You're like a mentally challenged 8-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 132March 5, 2019 3:32 AM

Wendy Williams' take.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 5, 2019 10:19 AM

[quote]Perhaps a year from now when Trudeau is out of office and Smollett is out of money, they could tour the provinces in a two-person show.

Mussie will not be allowed into Canada with a felony conviction.

by Anonymousreply 134March 5, 2019 11:08 AM

R125, that video is tough to watch-- he is so overly dramatic and fake I don't like it!!!

by Anonymousreply 135March 5, 2019 11:31 AM

R130 luckily there was no one outside that frigid night who wasn’t paid by Jussie to be there. But that’s in the past now. Jussie isn’t likely to pull a scheme like this again - and won’t be believed if he does - so whatever risk he posed that night is now moot.

by Anonymousreply 136March 5, 2019 12:11 PM

Not to the feds r136. No "moot" going to happen. Fed charges are Jussie's biggest concern.

by Anonymousreply 137March 5, 2019 12:14 PM

[quote]Mussie will not be allowed into Canada with a felony conviction.

Is that true? Does that mean to live there or just enter as a tourist?

by Anonymousreply 138March 5, 2019 1:48 PM

R138 Both. Canada has insanely strict border policies. Makes Israel and Australia border police look like saps.

by Anonymousreply 139March 5, 2019 1:53 PM

Damn! Thanks R139.

by Anonymousreply 140March 5, 2019 1:57 PM

Oh yeah. Jussie's talented. And Robin Roberts is a consummate professional journalist. Oh, and the sky is green in that world.

50 years from now, people will look back on this as the time when self-delusion peaked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 5, 2019 5:25 PM

You don't see me out here pulling stunts gurl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 5, 2019 5:32 PM

Damn, Taj grew up hot

by Anonymousreply 143March 5, 2019 5:50 PM

Queen Latifah Stands By Jussie Smollett: Until I See Some Proof, ‘I’m Going With Him’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 5, 2019 7:18 PM

Queen Latifah is DEAD TO ME!

by Anonymousreply 145March 5, 2019 7:20 PM

Seriously, what is wrong with her-- basically saying the CPD lied-- why doesn't she just keep her mouth shut???

by Anonymousreply 146March 5, 2019 10:02 PM

Queen Latifah can fuck right off. She might as well just say that she’s low-intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 147March 5, 2019 10:05 PM

The distrust many black people have of the police runs deep, especially the CPD. When it comes to choosing sides between the cops or one of their own they’re gonna go with Jusstine.

by Anonymousreply 148March 5, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote]When it comes to choosing sides between the cops or one of their own they’re gonna go with Jusstine.

But that’s just it, it’s not going against the CPD, but TWO of “her own.”

by Anonymousreply 149March 5, 2019 10:14 PM

I don't know why QL would want to get dragged into this. I understand that she is fairy godmother of black gays in Hollywood, but she couldn't just support Jussie in private?

by Anonymousreply 150March 5, 2019 10:17 PM

I wonder if these celebrities that support Jussie in public, but privately hold a different opinion. It is a win/win for them. If he is found guilty they can say they wanted him to have a fair trial and for all the evidence to come out. If he is found innocent, they can just point to their comments supporting him.

by Anonymousreply 151March 5, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote]When it comes to choosing sides between the cops or one of their own they’re gonna go with Jusstine.

This is an example of why most other races think black people are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 152March 5, 2019 10:26 PM

This is an example of Datalounge thinking of black people as a monolith.

by Anonymousreply 153March 5, 2019 10:27 PM

Latifah LIES to everyone about NOT being a dykala

by Anonymousreply 154March 5, 2019 11:55 PM

Proud of Queen Latifah! 👊🏽

by Anonymousreply 155March 5, 2019 11:58 PM

Next week is his trial date!

by Anonymousreply 156March 6, 2019 12:08 AM

Oh fuck him R156

by Anonymousreply 157March 6, 2019 1:14 AM

Fuck Queen Latifa that fat closet case cunt. Fat dumb bitch

by Anonymousreply 158March 6, 2019 1:23 AM

Jussie prays the authorizes bring in Marcia Clark to prosecute him.

by Anonymousreply 159March 6, 2019 1:24 AM

CWB Chicago chimes in on QL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 6, 2019 1:29 AM

And they delightfully shade Jussie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 6, 2019 1:35 AM

Qween Latifat is a carpet munching self loathing lesbo who would not know the truth if it were wrapped around a large penis and dangling in her face.

by Anonymousreply 162March 6, 2019 2:12 AM

In a way, QL’s stance perhaps makes a bizarre sense because she probably thinks by the same token that there’s no “definitive proof” of her being a lesbian, and she can continue to deny it.

by Anonymousreply 163March 6, 2019 2:16 AM

OMG r160 that is solid gold!!!

by Anonymousreply 164March 6, 2019 2:35 AM

His trial isn’t really next week, R156, just a court appearance. There won’t be a trial for this I’m almost certain. He’ll plead out.

by Anonymousreply 165March 6, 2019 10:46 AM

I really wish the fed would just post a video showing him dropping the letter into a mailbox... then we can finally end this denial crap!

by Anonymousreply 166March 6, 2019 11:23 AM

[quote]I really wish the fed would just post a video showing him dropping the letter into a mailbox... then we can finally end this denial crap!

Latifah would still deny it. She’s that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 167March 6, 2019 12:47 PM

What does QL think proof should/would look like? The cops have shown: 1. The "perps" were 2 black guys, not 2 white guys, as suggested by JS. 2. The "perps", identified by JS himself, were 2 guys with whom he had a long history, including personal training and working together on a TV show. That they were Black and employed on the show makes the "Empire nigger, faggot" cries completely insane, nonsensical. Also racism in general becomes moot. 3. The "perps" implicated him in a plot to stage a hate crime. 4. They were observed buying rope, red hats, bleach at a store with a $100 bill, the "perps" claim came from JS. 5. Phone logs corroborating the planning and execution of the fake crime between JS and the "perps". 6. Video evidence tracing the "perps" to and from the scene of the "crime".

I suspect the cops have the $100 bill and possibly JS's fingerprints on it.

I mean seriously, how much evidence does she require?

by Anonymousreply 168March 6, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote] I suspect the cops have the $100 bill and possibly JS's fingerprints on it.

I'd love it if that could be but American currently is mostly made from cloth. You won't get prints from there unless he first dipped his fingertips in ink.

by Anonymousreply 169March 6, 2019 4:49 PM

r168, most of the evidence implicates the "perps" only. Their defense is that Jussie made them do it. I think Jussie's the bad guy here, but the evidence--testimony from a couple of shady characters who are themselves implicated in the crime-- may not be enough to convict him.

by Anonymousreply 170March 6, 2019 4:52 PM

[quote]I mean seriously, how much evidence does she require?

She will need to see 2 white men arrested, otherwise she will not believe it. She’s a racist and a low-information individual.

by Anonymousreply 171March 6, 2019 5:05 PM

She doesn’t really mean she believes the goofy story he told, she just wants to offer him public support

by Anonymousreply 172March 6, 2019 6:20 PM

CWB Chicago is racist and pro-police. Don't post their garbage here.

by Anonymousreply 173March 6, 2019 6:54 PM

Fuck you, R173. Don't post YOUR garbage here.

by Anonymousreply 174March 6, 2019 6:58 PM

CWB Chicago is one of Oprah's "favorite things"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 6, 2019 6:59 PM

R179 You obviously have literally no clue about CWB Chicago. Take your ignorant ass out of here.

by Anonymousreply 176March 6, 2019 7:13 PM

Sorry, comment was meant for the cunt at R173. Thank you R174. Apologies in advance to poster r179

by Anonymousreply 177March 6, 2019 7:15 PM

I figured you meant R173 and transposed the 3 and the 9. : )

by Anonymousreply 178March 6, 2019 7:17 PM

Here, I'll be poster r179 and take the hit for my own misdirected post.

by Anonymousreply 179March 6, 2019 7:26 PM

I think Our Boo is getting sick of winter:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 6, 2019 7:29 PM

I want summer to come so Boo can take photos in a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 181March 6, 2019 8:28 PM

Jussie is about 3x hotter than your stupid boo

by Anonymousreply 182March 7, 2019 12:08 PM

Neither of them is particularly attractive.

by Anonymousreply 183March 7, 2019 1:04 PM

I really like Queen Latifah. It’s too bad she’s obviously a moron

by Anonymousreply 184March 7, 2019 1:18 PM

Our Boo Rob (and other boos, and the salad of course) are part of the culture of these threads. If you don't like them, either scroll on by, ignore the poster, or create your own contribution to the Jussie thread culture. Tons of threads on the DL have their own inside jokes or references. Look at the Chris Burrous ones for example. Mr. Fister, Sandra the front desk receptionist, My Dough. We are just having some fun in between news breaks. Lighten up, contribute, ignore or leave.

by Anonymousreply 185March 7, 2019 1:36 PM

Damn, he’s so sexy. Drop the charges!

by Anonymousreply 186March 7, 2019 2:26 PM

Creep Smollett doesn't deserve any more press. Queen is just showing her ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 187March 7, 2019 2:55 PM

Dozens Of Northwestern Hospital Workers May Have Been Fired For Improperly Reviewing Jussie Smollett’s Records

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 7, 2019 3:04 PM

Chicago PD Launches Internal Investigation

Cops working the Jussie Smollett case allegedly had seriously loose lips, and now the police force is launching an internal investigation.

Chicago PD tells us its Chief of Detectives opened the investigation out of concerns the force was leaking like a sieve. CPD adds there's been a ton of "inaccurate" info in the media, and they want to know who's putting it out there.

A police spokesman tells TMZ ... "When there are allegations of information being leaked, an internal investigation has been opened and we are also looking at our vulnerabilities."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 7, 2019 10:39 PM

Dozens of hospital workers fired. I'd be interested in knowing how many were black.

Jussie is a wrecking ball.

by Anonymousreply 190March 8, 2019 1:03 AM

Jussie Smollett Grand Jury Indictment ... 16 Felony Counts for False Police Report

Jussie Smollett just got slammed by a Cook County grand jury, which has returned a 16-count felony indictment against him for filing a false police report.

Smollett was originally charged by the State Attorney's Office with a felony of disorderly conduct for filing a false police report. The new indictments obviously take the case to another level.

As for why there are so many counts ... the grand jury reportedly handed up 2 sets of charges -- one for Smollett's initial report to Chicago PD, and the other charges are for Jussie's second interview with cops.

We're told Ola and Abel Osundairo told grand jurors Jussie hired them to stage the so-called "attack." The brothers were caught on camera buying a bunch of supplies before the incident ... including ski masks, gloves, bandanas, sunglasses and red hats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191March 8, 2019 9:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 8, 2019 9:18 PM

CHICAGO (CBS) — Jussie Smollett is now facing deeper legal troubles after a grand jury returned 16 federal counts against the actor for falsely reporting a hate crime attack against him in January.

The grand jury returned the disorderly conduct indictment on Thursday. He is scheduled to be arraigned on March 14. The “false report of offense” charges are Class 4 felonies.

“Jussie Smollett knew that at the time … there was no reasonable ground for believing that such offenses had been committed,” according to the indictment.

The indictment expands the case against the actor. The counts focus on allegedly false statements he made to two different Chicago Police officers. Each count covers separate alleged acts that Smollett falsely described to the officers–including that he was hit by two men, that they yelled racial and homophobic slurs and poured a chemical on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 8, 2019 9:19 PM

CWB Chicago actually had the scoop on this, now the MSM outlets are stealing from them. They aren't happy. Check out their account for the thread. Here is their initial report:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 8, 2019 9:22 PM

16 Felonies. Enjoy prison, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 195March 8, 2019 9:22 PM

[quote]The Empire actor now faces a maximum additional sentence of 60 years probation

Is this a misprint? How can you be facing additional probation but not additional jail time?

by Anonymousreply 196March 8, 2019 9:22 PM

"The new charges against Smollett each carry a potential sentence of probation to four years if convicted. Realistically, though, Smollett is unlikely to be convicted on more than a fraction of the charges. Most Cook County criminal cases are resolved through plea bargains in which a defendant pleads guilty to one and, rarely, two counts of an indictment in return for a favorable sentence. Only by going to trial do most defendants run the real risk of being convicted of more than one or two counts."

by Anonymousreply 197March 8, 2019 9:27 PM

So I guess that whole “CPD about to drop charges due to lack of evidence” story from a few days ago was just a lie then? Maybe planted by Jusstine’s team?

by Anonymousreply 198March 8, 2019 9:29 PM

And this is BEFORE any charges by the feds! They are still working on that letter case. Oh this is sweet!

by Anonymousreply 199March 8, 2019 9:30 PM

Here is the three-page, 16 count, Cook County grand jury indictment of #JussieSmollett

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200March 8, 2019 9:54 PM

Per colleague @RaferWeigel, Chicago Police were had no advance knowledge about the indictment, and were not notified ahead of time. #JussieSmollett

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 8, 2019 9:58 PM

The 16-count grand jury indictment on #JussieSmollett blindsided a lot of people including #Smollett’s legal team. SA Kim Foxx’s office didn’t tell anyone. Even @Chicago_Police weren’t aware of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 8, 2019 10:16 PM

Surprise!

by Anonymousreply 203March 8, 2019 10:17 PM

He’s fucked both literally and figuratively

by Anonymousreply 204March 8, 2019 10:23 PM

OMG to fuck him (and lick his ass) would be so delightful R204!

by Anonymousreply 205March 8, 2019 10:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 8, 2019 10:35 PM

Prior to this indictment #JussieSmollett’s lawyer Mark Geragos gave every indication he planned to fight the charges in court. It will be very interesting to see if he changes course. #Smollett could be looking at a lot of jail time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 8, 2019 10:40 PM

No way will he get jail time, but this pretty much put the nail in his coffin at Empire.

by Anonymousreply 208March 8, 2019 10:42 PM

This is just so satisfying to watch this unfold...like poetry.

by Anonymousreply 209March 8, 2019 10:43 PM

How does he like his "Empire" salary now, eh?

Loser.

by Anonymousreply 210March 8, 2019 10:48 PM

Agree on both counts, R208.

by Anonymousreply 211March 8, 2019 10:56 PM

R210, I still don’t understand the levels of delusion whereby JS couldn’t see at his age and with his talent (moderate), Empire was like hitting the jackpot.

by Anonymousreply 212March 8, 2019 10:57 PM

We can be certain that heroic Aaron Schock who was wronged by a corrupt—corrupt!—justice system and narrowly escaped with his creatine intact will come to Jussie’s rescue. Right?! Aaron vowed yesterday to fix the justice system. He got 22 felony counts dismissed, so he can get rid of Jussie’s 19, yes?

by Anonymousreply 213March 8, 2019 10:58 PM

R213, only if Jussie arranges to have the Nigerian brothers tag-team Aaron’s fuckhole.

by Anonymousreply 214March 8, 2019 11:03 PM

R214 Aaron is a Republican. Nigerians?!

by Anonymousreply 215March 8, 2019 11:05 PM

Which Indictments? What Indictments?

by Anonymousreply 216March 8, 2019 11:06 PM

Rafer Weigel is on top of it!

by Anonymousreply 217March 8, 2019 11:26 PM

Oh Jussie. You let that Trump derangement syndrome eat you alive honey. Shame shame bitch.

by Anonymousreply 218March 8, 2019 11:31 PM

Praying for his acquittal

by Anonymousreply 219March 8, 2019 11:33 PM

R219 = Anna Harkness, Esq.

by Anonymousreply 220March 8, 2019 11:34 PM

Yes, nail in the coffin for Empire. And his record company. And his family. And his famous friends. And any other acting anywhere. For the rest of his life.

I'm not saying what Jussie did is anywhere close to Mark Salling territory (YMMV), but he did betray a number of communities and many millions of people with his actions and he will be as much of an outcast.

by Anonymousreply 221March 8, 2019 11:39 PM

[quote]Aaron vowed yesterday to fix the justice system. He got 22 felony counts dismissed, so he can get rid of Jussie’s 19, yes?

The system is allegedly racist... so Juicy should be expecting a lengthy prison term.

by Anonymousreply 222March 8, 2019 11:45 PM

The bad news just keeps coming for this entitled piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 223March 8, 2019 11:45 PM

If the Cockgobbler is free with no criminal record then all charges against Jussie should be resolved. He should plead to a misdemeanor and pay restitution to federal and state law enforcement. Then he too can say "mistakes are not crimes" and quote bible verses on Instagram. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 224March 9, 2019 12:17 AM

5:30 PM PT -- Jussie's attorney, Mark Geragos, just released a scathing response to the indictment, telling us, "The fact of an indictment was not unexpected. We knew that there is no way they would expose their evidence to a public airing and subject their witnesses to cross-examination. What is unexpected, however, is the prosecutorial overkill in charging 16 separate counts against Jussie."

Geragos continues, "This redundant and vindictive indictment is nothing more than a desperate attempt to make headlines in order to distract from the internal investigation launched to investigate the outrageous leaking of false information by the Chicago Police Department and the shameless and illegal invasion of Jussie's privacy in tampering with his medical records. Jussie adamantly maintains his innocence even if law enforcement has robbed him of that presumption."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 9, 2019 12:44 AM

This moron won’t plead to anything. He’s gonna double down on the fake narrative.

by Anonymousreply 226March 9, 2019 12:47 AM

Geragos is full of shit. Jussie hasn't been "robbed" of a damned thing, including due process. To the contrary, the Chicago cops treated him with kid gloves, which was all the more remarkable since the CPD generally runs roughshod over suspects--particularly minority suspects.

by Anonymousreply 227March 9, 2019 12:49 AM

At least Avenatti had a winning client.

Geragos, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 228March 9, 2019 1:00 AM

Racist persecution

by Anonymousreply 229March 9, 2019 1:12 AM

CWB has done SUCH a good job on this case. It's good to see an example of an actual reporter finding the NEWS rather then pushing some agenda. CNN should try it sometime.

Any new comment from the Big Bang Theory ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 9, 2019 1:13 AM

[quote] Racist persecution

I know you're a nutjob but it IS Chicago. It's law enforcement is notoriously racist.

by Anonymousreply 231March 9, 2019 1:19 AM

Jussie is such a fucking idiot! What a moron. How can one person be so stupid?????? He deserves jail time. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 232March 9, 2019 1:32 AM

Oh right, the REAL problem here is the OUTRAGEOUS leaking by the CPD and the invasion of poor Jussie’s privacy by some hospital workers who sneaked a peek at his hospital records. Sure, Geragos. Keep flinging that bullshit. We’ll see how far that gets your poor fool of a client.

by Anonymousreply 233March 9, 2019 1:40 AM

Jussie Smollett defense attorney Mark Gergagos defended the Empire actor to Anderson Cooper tonight, saying that Smollett is the victim of a “media gangbang.”

Geragos decried the grand jury indictment of Smollett on 16 felony counts as an “outrage,” saying, “I defy anybody to find any indictment anywhere where somebody has brought 16 counts for being a victim of a hate crime.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 9, 2019 1:51 AM

Has Geragos accused the CPD of a “high tech lynching” of his client yet? Just wait, he will.

by Anonymousreply 235March 9, 2019 2:02 AM

The thought of a media gangbang probably got Anderson very hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236March 9, 2019 2:05 AM

Four years of prison seems about right, so even though it’s a lot of felonies, it’s not a life sentence.

[quote]If the Cockgobbler is free with no criminal record then all charges against Jussie should be resolved. He should plead to a misdemeanor and pay restitution to federal and state law enforcement.

Jussie’s felonies are not accounting crimes. He caused significant injury to the people of Chicago, real hate crime victims, Robin Roberts and millions of other people.

by Anonymousreply 237March 9, 2019 2:05 AM

Has Jussie gotten a raise yet? lololololol

by Anonymousreply 238March 9, 2019 2:08 AM

So is Jussie going to get his mussy worn out in prison?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239March 9, 2019 2:23 AM

[quote] Each count covers separate alleged acts that Smollett falsely described to the officers–including that he was hit by two men, that they yelled racial and homophobic slurs and poured a chemical on him.

Well technically, Jussie wasn't falsely describing those things, they actually did happen (remember, they acted it out in front of the street camera that Jussie thought aimed on them).

by Anonymousreply 240March 9, 2019 2:34 AM

Is Garagos gonna come down on them like a ton of bricks?

by Anonymousreply 241March 9, 2019 2:36 AM

His hole will get well stretched out in prison.

by Anonymousreply 242March 9, 2019 3:16 AM

r237 right? Collateral damage from a fake hate crime. Think of how much damage that Smollett POS has done. All the CPD manhours that could have been used on real thefts, robberies, assaults, rapes etc. that now remain unsolved. All the endless court hours this shit will cost, forcing stressed courts to automatically rush less important cases through to just get through their caseload. Thousands of hours of media coverage which could have been used to do actual journalism (who am I kidding on that one). And now, even a few lowly nurses fucked up the ass by the guy. What an absolute piece of garbage. All because he's a bigoted, racist, drama queen who wanted to be paid more, when he was already being paid more than (I'm sure) three hundred million other Americans. I hope to fuck he does the maximum jail time, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 243March 9, 2019 4:16 AM

[quote] Jussie’s felonies are not accounting crimes. He caused significant injury to the people of Chicago, real hate crime victims, Robin Roberts and millions of other people.

A closeted queen using campaign funds to live an over-the-top lavish lifestyle is not just an accounting crime. It is a failure of character and intentional malfeasance. It is comparable to lying to the world about being the victim of a hate crime. Jussie has hurt no one but himself. CPD knew he was lying from jump. With constructive knowledge that it was a hoax, expending any resources to investigate was its own fault. This will be come out at trial. No Chicago jury will reach a unanimous guilty verdict. Prosecutors will have to make a deal that involves no prison time.

by Anonymousreply 244March 9, 2019 5:36 AM

Mr. Smollett incited racial hatred toward white people. This was a calculated hate crime and it ought to be prosecuted as such.

by Anonymousreply 245March 9, 2019 6:17 AM

His fame and his certain knowledge that it would garner his claims national attention magnify his crimes. He intended to defraud the entire American public.

by Anonymousreply 246March 9, 2019 6:20 AM

Duh r240 he described them as elements of a crime he was falsely reporting. This indictment does seem like absurd overcharge.

by Anonymousreply 247March 9, 2019 7:12 AM

[quote] Mr. Smollett incited racial hatred toward white people. This was a calculated hate crime and it ought to be prosecuted as such.

He did not target white people -- just racist, Trump-loving white people. It is worth making that distinction as ostensibly the latter is some foreign subset of the former.

by Anonymousreply 248March 9, 2019 7:16 AM

I hope the trial, if it gets to that, is televised so that we can have running threads.

by Anonymousreply 249March 9, 2019 7:28 AM

New details on Jussie's collateral victims.: 𝟲𝟬 𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗷𝗼𝗯𝘀 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗺𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘁𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿,

CHICAGO (CBS) — Some Northwestern Memorial Hospital employees who say they were fired for accessing “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett’s files are speaking out and saying they didn’t do it.

Many of the former employees worked as medical assistants or in other administrative capacities. They say they were fired without a chance to explain, even in cases where Smollett’s name only appeared on their computer screens.

“It’s devastating. It’s humiliating,” one fired employee said.

She says she’s still reeling at her sudden termination. An administrative employee for less than five years, she didn’t want to be identified but wanted to explain.

“I had told them on several occasions that I did not enter the records and I didn’t understand how having those names on the screen is my entering the records,” she said.

She acknowledges she did a partial search for the actor’s name at the request of another employee. She says it appeared on screen along with other names, but she never clicked on his file.

Another ex employee is also angry.

“It hurts after being there for 20 years!” the former customer service specialist said.

She said she actually had authorization to enter Smollett’s chart to complete and release it. She was fired weeks later for going into his chart without proper authorization, which she doesn’t understand.

“Long as there is a release on file that gives me authorization to go into that patient’s chart to retrieve the records that they’re asking for and release them, and I had that authorization in hand, no question about it,” she said.

They are just two of a half dozen now-former Northwestern employees who have shared similar stories and concerns. They say they were fired despite exemplary employment records and lack of awareness about what constitutes a breach.

“I think because he’s famous, he’s a known celebrity, that’s why they made a big deal out of it,” she said.

Northwestern has refused to comment on the on this matter, citing personnel and HIPAA constraints. But industry healthcare officials say HIPAA rules are very strict, adding each hospital sets up its own specific policies regarding patient confidentiality and what constitutes a breach.

These employees believe Human Resources may have gone too far.

“If it was a violation, okay, coach me. Teach me. Do something besides take away my job,” the former employee said.

Some employees say they are appealing their terminations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 9, 2019 7:53 AM

What a POS this idiot is. Complete piece of SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 251March 9, 2019 9:16 AM

I would still go down on him. Is that bad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 9, 2019 9:23 AM

I’m sure he’ll get plenty of sex in prison.

by Anonymousreply 253March 9, 2019 12:27 PM

Yes, you idiot. ^^

by Anonymousreply 254March 9, 2019 12:28 PM

I hope he is arrogant enough to demand a trial. He needs to do time in prison for fomenting racial strife.

by Anonymousreply 255March 9, 2019 12:59 PM

All those shitheads at the hospital shouldn’t have been prying into his medical records & then their asses wouldn’t be fired.

As for fomenting racial strife, that wasn’t his goal (he wanted attention & money) or his effect so why invent it. He’s already ridiculously over-charged with 16 counts!! for one false report.

by Anonymousreply 256March 9, 2019 1:06 PM

Poor R256, it hurts to have your narrative come crashing down around you, doesn't it? Your boy is a liar and a felon.

by Anonymousreply 257March 9, 2019 1:09 PM

Geragos is a corrupt asshole and acting like a bully to scare people. You asshole, your client did ALL of these things-yes, overkill, and yes ridiculous that YOUR client did this. The CPD is making a point, and they have wasted A LOT of money researching this case- good for them for pounding (sorry about the word) his ass with all of these charges.

by Anonymousreply 258March 9, 2019 1:13 PM

[quote]All those shitheads at the hospital shouldn’t have been prying into his medical records & then their asses wouldn’t be fired.

We don’t know that’s what happened. Read some of their stories. You want to talk about overkill, it seems that’s exactly what the hospital did.

by Anonymousreply 259March 9, 2019 1:24 PM

Has anyone tested Jussie’s IQ? He is so fucking stupid to think that he would get away with this. Has Fox fired him yet? They should fire him asap.

by Anonymousreply 260March 9, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote] Poor [R256], it hurts to have your narrative come crashing down around you, doesn't it? Your boy is a liar and a felon.

I am not r256 but Jussie just made a mistake.

DL's most esteemed and legendary arbiter of reason, justice and fairness, Aaron "Cockgobbler" Schock, has decreed that "mistakes are not crimes." Aaron has said that he was overcharged for his "mistakes" because he was a young, beautiful, instagram-obsessed, rising star in the Republican party. Behind closed doors, his legal team argued that he was the victim of homophobic bias because he is a closeted homosexual. Illinois prosecutors relented.

Jussie is a beautiful star and also a homosexual. So his "mistakes" cannot be crimes either. He should be allowed to plea out with restitution and an apology. Fair is fair.

by Anonymousreply 261March 9, 2019 3:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262March 9, 2019 4:02 PM

I think the CPD chief who appeared apoplectic in a one-on-one interview with Robin Roberts on GMA is a sign of overkill. How many hate crimes does Chicago generally investigate to conclusion? What departmental resources could reasonably be allocated to hate crimes when CPD kills unarmed black men all the time? Lots of evidence that Jussie was singled out based on an anti-black, anti-gay vendetta.

by Anonymousreply 263March 9, 2019 4:09 PM

So the police chief and State’s Attorney, both of whom are black, singled out poor little Jussiekins based on an “anti-black vendetta”? You’re a fucking tool, R263.

by Anonymousreply 264March 9, 2019 4:13 PM

R264 And why wouldn’t they?

Aaron Schock’s attorneys said he was targeted for being Republican, and then said he was targeted because of his sexuality. And then they said he did break laws but was ignorant of it and therefore is an innocent victim. (Ignorance of the law excuses no one but people whose job is to make laws.)

All the charges were dropped.

Jussie’s team may as well try everything they can. Gay card. Black card. Intellectual disability card. Peanut allergy card. Whatever it takes.

by Anonymousreply 265March 9, 2019 4:18 PM

This guy is an asshole and his play of the race card to gain attention and sympathy is revolting, but no one got harmed by his actions. No one got robbed or defrauded. He should have to compensate the CPD for the money they wasted investigating the false charge, and then do some community service and that’s it.

And I’m someone who called BS on his story from day one.

by Anonymousreply 266March 9, 2019 4:26 PM

Well honey, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime! Cunt has NOBODY to blame but HIMSELF!

I'm sick of people shifting blame...look in the fucking mirror. Take the fucking consequences for your actions. Deal with it. fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 267March 9, 2019 4:28 PM

I don't agree, R266.

I too was skeptical of his story from the beginning. Too much simply made no sense.

But to give him just a slap on the wrist after the interviews, media hoopla, etc. No.

In fact, his egotistical love of the publicity and attention has made it all but impossible for the judicial system to just give him a pat on the head and send him on his way.

What an example to others that would be!!!

No. Some jail time.

And, he must honestly and publicly admit what he did, how he arranged it all, etc.

No, he's not a victim here at all.

by Anonymousreply 268March 9, 2019 4:32 PM

I would say “throw the book at him!” but after Aaron Schock’s terrible acquittal, I say let Jussie go. He’s ruined, but for him to do jail time for what amounts to a highly offensive lie while a corrupt grifting congressperson gets off after stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from the government with a clean legal record would be completely unjust and, yes, racist.

by Anonymousreply 269March 9, 2019 4:33 PM

R266, filing a false police report is a felony. Illinois law allows a prison sentence of up to three years for what Jussie did. "No one got hurt" is not an adequate defense.

by Anonymousreply 270March 9, 2019 4:33 PM

What is the crime though? Lying? Filing a false report? It’s a victimless crime. He should get heavily fined and have to do community service.

The funny thing would be if he gets more time than Manafort, who defrauded the government for vast amounts of money and whose actions have led to election fraud around the world.

by Anonymousreply 271March 9, 2019 4:33 PM

R269, the only racism that matters was Jussie's racist attempt to frame white men for his own deeds. The Aaron Schock case is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 272March 9, 2019 4:37 PM

R271, Manafort was convicted of bank fraud pertaining to his own personal finances. Election fraud had nothing to do with Manafort's trial.

by Anonymousreply 273March 9, 2019 4:40 PM

Lock him up for ever. He’s garbage for doing this shit. A true asshole and idiot. Fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 274March 9, 2019 4:40 PM

Jessie Smellit....he heh heheheheh

by Anonymousreply 275March 9, 2019 4:40 PM

He has a criminal record, he will not get off. different story if he had no priors. Dumb fucking cunt. totally deserves what's coming to him.

by Anonymousreply 276March 9, 2019 4:42 PM

[quote] The funny thing would be if he gets more time than Manafort, who defrauded the government for vast amounts of money and whose actions have led to election fraud around the world.

That would not be funny it would be tragic. We'd have a real-time example of how the justice system is unreasonably punitive to black men relative to white men. I simply don't understand the vitriol directed towards a stupid man who did a dumb, punk stunt but didn't kill, rob, maim or molest anyone -- or use his elected office to violate the public trust.

The Cockgobbler thing has really outraged me. An elected official; anti-gay closet case who alleges he was the victim of homophobic bias and all charges dropped. If he doesn't go to prison who should?

by Anonymousreply 277March 9, 2019 4:42 PM

[quote] [R269], the only racism that matters was Jussie's racist attempt to frame white men for his own deeds. The Aaron Schock case is irrelevant.

Hardly irrelevant. The same federal prosecutors in Illinois who just dropped a slam dunk case against Cockgobbler for criminal use of campaign funds delivered an overlybroad, cumulative indictment on a black male celebrity who didn't steal anyone's money.

Not to mention Schock is a vile, anti-gay, self-loathing piece of shit -- which should be its own crime.

by Anonymousreply 278March 9, 2019 4:51 PM

[quote]The same federal prosecutors in Illinois who just dropped a slam dunk case against Cockgobbler for criminal use of campaign funds delivered an overlybroad, cumulative indictment on a black male celebrity who didn't steal anyone's money.

Jussie is not charged with a federal crime and they are not federal prosecutors. How did you get that so mixed up?

by Anonymousreply 279March 9, 2019 4:56 PM

[quote]The Cockgobbler thing has really outraged me.

Don’t you have some Coors beer to boycott?

by Anonymousreply 280March 9, 2019 4:58 PM

[quote]I hope he is arrogant enough to demand a trial. He needs to do time in prison for fomenting racial strife.

This delusional bitch will NOT be pleading to anything. He believes he is a real victim, and will demand a trial to prove his innocence.

I hope a jury finds him guilty and he gets the max sentence.

by Anonymousreply 281March 9, 2019 5:10 PM

[quote]Jussie’s team may as well try everything they can. Gay card. Black card. Intellectual disability card. Peanut allergy card. Whatever it takes.

He’s a typical liberal... ready to play the victimhood olympics.

by Anonymousreply 282March 9, 2019 5:11 PM

He not only incited racial hatred against white people by blaming his staged attack on two fictional white men, he then went on national TV and accused the US public of being racists for doubting his story because he had blamed two fictional white men.

I hope he gets three years in the Illinois State Prison for filing a false police report and another seven years in a federal penitentiary for sending terror threats through the US mail.

by Anonymousreply 283March 9, 2019 5:15 PM

[quote] She acknowledges she did a partial search for the actor’s name at the request of another employee. She says it appeared on screen along with other names, but she never clicked on his file.

Uh-uh. No sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 284March 9, 2019 5:18 PM

Was Geragos wearing the noose when he claimed the media lynching?

by Anonymousreply 285March 9, 2019 5:44 PM

He also told Robin Roberts that he didn't think his attackers would ever be caught.

Translation: As a gay black man cops will not investigate this crime and the evil Maga hatters will continue their frigid activities.

That story had more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese. Only someone blinded by their own prejudices would have accepted his tale without some questioning of the ridiculous details. Only those with no critical thinking skills bought that pile of fabrication. (Perhaps we should institute a critical thinking skills test to all candidates for higher office and publish the results.)

The police hear all kinds of stories from people who report crimes. Even an occasional watch of Law& Order (the original, that the endless sequels) would understand that experienced police have heard so much about so many crimes, that their buillshit detectors must be finely honed.

Nevertheless, they did investigate. And it was that very investigation that led them to the brothers. Luckily for them, the brothers got an attorney who helped them see that they should protect themselves and spill.

I mean, really, they used all those street cameras to follow the brother both to and fro.

by Anonymousreply 286March 9, 2019 5:56 PM

He’s going to jail. As he should.

by Anonymousreply 287March 9, 2019 5:56 PM

He'll probably get probation.

by Anonymousreply 288March 9, 2019 6:01 PM

His troubles all stems back to when his parents thought "Jessie" was spelled with a U.

by Anonymousreply 289March 9, 2019 6:04 PM

[quote]Only those with no critical thinking skills bought that pile of fabrication.

That’s why this has hurt and will continue to haunt Kamala Harris.

Should the American people really elect someone to the Presidency with such a profound lack of critical thinking ability?

She has placed herself intellectually into the same level as Queen Latifah, Ellen Page, and the other morons who are still blindly supporting this criminal.

by Anonymousreply 290March 9, 2019 6:07 PM

I hope they have his character commit suicide on the show, itd be so fitting, so perfect, because that's essentially what he's done.

by Anonymousreply 291March 9, 2019 6:12 PM

lol the Kamala Harris troll is really dedicated to hanging her over this.

by Anonymousreply 292March 9, 2019 6:15 PM

It's not a victimless crime, r271 (and others), although the victim classes are pretty conceptual: the cops, whose resources were diverted to this sideshow; and future victims of hate crimes, who may not be taken seriously as a result of Jussie's lies. But I don't think it matters; I think the crime their charging doesn't require a specifically identifiable or identified victim--it's per se unlawful to file a false report.

I think that if he takes a plea he will get probation, a fine, and community service. Nobody in authority or public life wants to throw his sorry ass in jail over this. If he insists on a trial, somebody ought to get him a psych evaluation because that would seriously suggest that he's delusional and not fit to stand trial. And I think Geragos (who is pond scum but that's beside the point) will drop him as a client if he demands a trial--he doesn't want this circus on his resume.

by Anonymousreply 293March 9, 2019 6:16 PM

[quote]He caused significant injury to the people of Chicago, real hate crime victims, Robin Roberts and millions of other people

Robin Roberts is a victim of her own stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 294March 9, 2019 6:19 PM

I don’t see the injury to Robin nor her stupidity. She covered the story at face value as was the news story of the moment and had little room to do anything else at that point even if she had private doubts. Pressing Jussie harder on the details would have just caused a backlash against her personally.

by Anonymousreply 295March 9, 2019 6:21 PM

Imagine this as a Law& Order episode.

How would Lenny & Logan react when they interview Jussie?

What what would they say to each other after walking out the door?

How would Anita react?

by Anonymousreply 296March 9, 2019 6:24 PM

Robin Roberts is not an injured party. She did the interview based on the facts as they existed at the time. What annoyed me was her bleating and sniveling that she was in a difficult position because she's part of the LGBT community. No, darling, your job is to be a responsible journalist, not represent your sistahs.

by Anonymousreply 297March 9, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote]His troubles all stems back to when his parents thought "Jessie" was spelled with a U.

His parents named him Justin. Jussie (as RIDICULOUS as it is) became his nickname.

by Anonymousreply 298March 9, 2019 6:42 PM

It seems so posters here would let a bank robber off, as long as all the money was returned to the bank. After all, no one got hurt then, right?

by Anonymousreply 299March 9, 2019 6:43 PM

r299. It depends. Is he black?

by Anonymousreply 300March 9, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote]Imagine this as a Law& Order episode. How would Lenny & Logan react when they interview Jussie? What what would they say to each other after walking out the door? How would Anita react?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301March 9, 2019 6:45 PM

[quote][R266], filing a false police report is a felony. Illinois law allows a prison sentence of up to three years for what Jussie did. "No one got hurt" is not an adequate defense.

I think you’re confused. Who said it was a “defense?” Not me. I didn’t say he wasn’t guilty. I said since this is essentially a victimless crime he should not do any jail time. He should be punished by fines to compensate LE for the costs of investigation, and should have to do some sort of public service.

by Anonymousreply 302March 9, 2019 7:05 PM

I have the feeling this POS will get jail time and he deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 303March 9, 2019 7:09 PM

[quote]In fact, his egotistical love of the publicity and attention has made it all but impossible for the judicial system to just give him a pat on the head and send him on his way.

Lying is not a crime, nor is being an egotist or publicity hound. If that were the case Alex Jones would be in prison for life. He filed false police reports. If that had resulting in damage to another person, like someone being arrested or even worse jailed or imprisoned, then yes he would deserve to do time. But that didn’t happen.

[quote]No, he's not a victim here at all.

I never said he was a victim.

by Anonymousreply 304March 9, 2019 7:11 PM

[quote]It seems so posters here would let a bank robber off, as long as all the money was returned to the bank. After all, no one got hurt then, right?

What a pathetic analogy. Bank robbers threaten the bank employees with death or physical harm. They steal money. If you think that’s the same as saying a bad thing happened to you when it didn’t, I really hope you have a guardian to help you through life. Now go clean your MAGA hat, troll.

by Anonymousreply 305March 9, 2019 7:14 PM

[quote]Lying is not a crime

I beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 306March 9, 2019 7:18 PM

The best part of this whole saga is just his sheer stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 307March 9, 2019 7:19 PM

[quote Lying is not a crime [quote]I beg to differ.

Hey penal code, please post your section that says “it’s against the law to lie in the state of Illinois.”

Lying IS NOT A CRIME.

Filing a false police report is a crime.

People are saying he should do time because “he’s such a liar.”

Do keep up, MAGA troll.

by Anonymousreply 308March 9, 2019 7:22 PM

r307, imagine the prison overcrowding if every stupid person did time.

by Anonymousreply 309March 9, 2019 7:26 PM

He so smug and full of shit...he really needs to be locked up.

by Anonymousreply 310March 9, 2019 7:30 PM

Imagine the overcrowding if every smug POS got locked up along with the morons.

by Anonymousreply 311March 9, 2019 7:32 PM

No such thing as a “victimless crime”.

If you drive drunk and don’t hit anyone, is it a crime? If you steal a dead person’s social security number and rack up a bunch of credit card debt with it, is it a crime?

Some people here have interesting ideas.

by Anonymousreply 312March 9, 2019 7:33 PM

There are lots of “victimless” crimes. They are still crimes and people still get locked up for them.

by Anonymousreply 313March 9, 2019 7:43 PM

[quote] Jussie is not charged with a federal crime and they are not federal prosecutors. How did you get that so mixed up?

He was just indicted by a grand jury for 16 FEDERAL counts -- i.e. making a false report of a hate crime. These counts would be prosecuted by federal law enforcement. The same prosecutors who let Cockgobbler off the hook. This is in addition to the state crime(s) of making a false police report. Try to keep up, r279.

by Anonymousreply 314March 9, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote] It seems so posters here would let a bank robber off, as long as all the money was returned to the bank. After all, no one got hurt then, right?

Is that a question for me, or Aaron The Cockgobbler?

by Anonymousreply 315March 9, 2019 7:57 PM

MISTAKES ARE NOT CRIMES!!!!

by Anonymousreply 316March 9, 2019 7:57 PM

r314, you are mistaken. Smollett was indicted by an Illinois grand jury on 16 FELONY counts, not federal. The feds took jurisdiction of the letter because that would constitute a crime using the means of interstate commerce, but they have so far been silent re whether they're going to file charges.

by Anonymousreply 317March 9, 2019 8:05 PM

[quote] Imagine this as a Law& Order episode.

Some rich honky corporate type would be found to be the true culprit, because aren't they always in the franchise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 9, 2019 8:11 PM

The 16 felony charges from yesterday are State charges, handed down by a Grand Jury.

The feds are still investigating the matter of the letter. Federal charges could still be forthcoming.

by Anonymousreply 319March 9, 2019 8:12 PM

One thing is clear... Jussie will never be accused of or indicted for being smart.

by Anonymousreply 320March 9, 2019 8:44 PM

He’s so fucking stupid!

by Anonymousreply 321March 9, 2019 8:50 PM

His lawyer struck a goldmine with this moron.

He’s going to charge a ton of money for all these felony charges.

And not have to do any real work other than convincing Mussie to take a plea deal.

by Anonymousreply 322March 9, 2019 8:58 PM

[quote]If you drive drunk and don’t hit anyone, is it a crime? If you steal a dead person’s social security number and rack up a bunch of credit card debt with it, is it a crime?

If you drive drunk that’s an inherently dangerous activity. If you steal a dead person’s social security number it’s to rob the people you’re “buying” from.

You’re still a moron, MAGA hat troll.

by Anonymousreply 323March 9, 2019 9:32 PM

More to the point, the crime of theft is the "taking", regardless whether the person you steal from is alive or dead. Driving drunk is a per se violation of a local or state ordinance even if you're the only person on the road--the crime is endangerment, even in the abstract; the violation is per se. If you are drunk and are caught driving a car, you've violated the law.

by Anonymousreply 324March 9, 2019 9:37 PM

Agreed, R324, but some people seem to be arguing that since Jussie didn’t hurt anybody he shouldn’t be punished with jail time.

by Anonymousreply 325March 9, 2019 9:40 PM

Hint, R323, there’s more than one of us arguing against you.

by Anonymousreply 326March 9, 2019 9:40 PM

I believe in mercy and not mob justice. Having said that this guy was willing to allow a possible Race War to begin based on his lies. He was willing to make people feel the maximum guilt and outrage for a crime he committed. But the most important part is he would willingly have sent innocent people to jail and nothing he has said or done has convinced me otherwise.

If the two White guys had been arrested , when would he have said they were innocent? We can tell with what his Legal Team are doing by casting doubt on the Nigerian brothers. Is he willing to allow their reputations to be destroyed? Absolutely. Is he willing for everything to be thrown at them to save his own skin? Nothing makes me think he wouldn’t.

In his own mind he has justified all his actions . He has not as yet shown any remorse. That is of course if he is guilty.

If he isn’t then 2 brothers , who were friends decided that their homophobia was higher and worth more than the money Jussie was paying for Gym training. They then decided that of all the people they could assault at 2.00 am on a freezing night ,that Jussie was the one and that pretending to be White Supremacy was the way to get away with it.

Sorry this guy deserves Jail.

by Anonymousreply 327March 9, 2019 9:51 PM

The worst was going on TV and doubling down on the lies and crying and putting on a fake performance.

He seems pathological and is a danger to society.

by Anonymousreply 328March 9, 2019 9:54 PM

Yes, I take your point, r325. There appear to be a number of posters who don't want to see this character punished because he's cute and/or gay.

r328, I have to disagree: he's not a danger to society, or if he is, he's at the harmless end of that spectrum; R Kelly is a danger to society. Jussie is possibly borderline or possibly just incredibly self-absorbed and entitled, and in the end it comes down to the same thing: he did something really, really lousy to suit his own needs, without a single thought to the impact it might have on others.

Here's a punishment he'll likely get: no one will ever believe a word he says for the rest of his sorry little life.

by Anonymousreply 329March 9, 2019 10:02 PM

He’s a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 330March 9, 2019 10:03 PM

I love that one detail that came out in the indictments that I don’t recall hearing before—jussiepoo told the cops that although his “attackers” wore ski masks, that he could see enough around the eye holes to be POSITIVE they were white.

Lol. Fucking racebaiting little shit.

by Anonymousreply 331March 9, 2019 10:10 PM

Maybe they dressed up as white face

by Anonymousreply 332March 9, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote]Hint, [R323], there’s more than one of us arguing against you.

Those of us who actually belong here know full well that there are multiple MAGA hat trolls infesting this forum.

by Anonymousreply 333March 9, 2019 10:12 PM

CNN: FBI Director Christopher Wray to Speak on Status of Jussie Smollett Investigation at 8:00pm EST

by Anonymousreply 334March 9, 2019 10:13 PM

Seems rather more wordy so [italic]less[/italic] to the point, r324, lol.

by Anonymousreply 335March 9, 2019 10:13 PM

Not sure it follows, r324, but have it your way, lol.

by Anonymousreply 336March 9, 2019 10:16 PM

You mean r323 I think — yes you’d have a hard time understanding lol because it economizes words, lol.

by Anonymousreply 337March 9, 2019 10:17 PM

Is our boo still on the story? I miss him.

by Anonymousreply 338March 9, 2019 10:18 PM

[quote] jussiepoo told the cops that although his “attackers” wore ski masks, that he could see enough around the eye holes to be POSITIVE they were white.

plus the Trump caps and MAGA country claims. It wasn't merely race violence he was trying to stir.

by Anonymousreply 339March 9, 2019 10:19 PM

The “our boo” troll has made hundreds of homosexuals loathe that poor reporter.

And he doesn’t want THAT, believe me!

by Anonymousreply 340March 9, 2019 10:20 PM

So is Jussie's man going to show up to court with him? I hope this is not another Aaron Hernandez trial where the lawyers snuff out all the gay shit. Im already pissed that there has been so little tea on who Jussie is with/has been with despite him being homosexual. But he could be jiving about that too.

by Anonymousreply 341March 9, 2019 10:28 PM

[quote]jussiepoo told the cops that although his “attackers” wore ski masks, that he could see enough around the eye holes to be POSITIVE they were white.

I think this factor elevates his act of filing a false report, to the level of a hate crime against whites, and he should be charged as such.

by Anonymousreply 342March 9, 2019 10:34 PM

The Feds should wait to see what happens with the state trail, to make sure Jussie gets prison time. If he doesn’t, then the Feds should being their case.

by Anonymousreply 343March 9, 2019 10:51 PM

Fuck you, r340. If you don't like it, leave.

R338 He is, and one of the only people to credit CWB Chicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 9, 2019 10:58 PM

That reporter would look hot if he had a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 345March 9, 2019 11:00 PM

OK, while we are not there yet, this might start up again fast. Please give out your nominations for the title for part 15 now.

by Anonymousreply 346March 9, 2019 11:07 PM

He needs mental help. He’s a sick bastard.

by Anonymousreply 347March 9, 2019 11:09 PM

Thank you, R344! Our boo is a good guy. Props to him and CWB Chicago for getting the real story out.

by Anonymousreply 348March 9, 2019 11:14 PM

Thank YOU r348 for helping to keep it all correct!

by Anonymousreply 349March 9, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote] jussiepoo told the cops that although his “attackers” wore ski masks, that he could see enough around the eye holes to be POSITIVE they were white.

And he also indicated they were white again when he gave the Roberts interview.

by Anonymousreply 350March 9, 2019 11:29 PM

[quote] He needs mental help. He’s a sick bastard.

Yes, the our boo troll needs help. Or to die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 351March 10, 2019 12:18 AM

R351 If the "boo" references bother you so much, you are more than welcome to leave this thread. You don't even know which poster you are referring to. Blocking your tedious nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 352March 10, 2019 1:35 AM

This has to come out-- he has a serious mental illness, and that is why he did what he did. He is fucked either way but the guy is cray!

by Anonymousreply 353March 10, 2019 2:20 AM

The “Empire” set has been left deeply divided by the Jussie Smollett scandal, we’re told, between people who continue to support the embattled actor despite his arrest, and people who are furious with him.

Sources say the cast has been broadly more supportive of him, while the crew has been broadly more critical.

The schism on the Chicago set was brought to the fore in recent days, we’re told, when a well-wishes card was passed around for Smollett, who was charged on Feb. 20 for allegedly staging a hoax hate crime against himself.

We’re told some people signed the card, but many refused.

“Some of the cast wanted to send him a message, like a ‘We’re thinking of you’ thing, and asked people to sign it,” said a source, “but a lot of people were disgusted. The hair and makeup people, a lot of the crew.”

by Anonymousreply 354March 10, 2019 5:44 AM

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Going On 16 Felony Counts)

by Anonymousreply 355March 10, 2019 7:23 AM

I love that r355. I think we have a winner.

by Anonymousreply 356March 10, 2019 9:41 AM

He is making the calculation to NEVER plead guilty to anything as it would upend his career forever. If he gets convicted he can play the martyr forever and get jobs in black tv and film.

by Anonymousreply 357March 10, 2019 11:04 AM

His behavior during this rolling clusterfuck makes him seem like someone who would wisely do anything to avoid prison

by Anonymousreply 358March 10, 2019 11:57 AM

Nuts or not, he orchestrated this cluster fuck and will be charged accordingly. They need to have his character kill himself off.

by Anonymousreply 359March 10, 2019 5:05 PM

No, r149, she isn't. Assuming you're talking about the brothers, they haven't said anything publicly, other than their homophobic tweets. There are plenty of unverified rumors, but the only actual evidence released implicates them. If you're referring to Eddie Johnson and the DA, then just use a little common sense. Jussie doesn't preside over an organization with a long history of racism. Jussie doesn't run an organization that has one of the highest unprosecuted black murder rates in the country, yet somehow the department nearly went bankrupt trying to solve a bleaching. Jussie is someone she knows personally who has a history of being kind, philanthropic and easy to be around.

by Anonymousreply 360March 10, 2019 6:57 PM

Every time I forget that Jussie has hired a crisis management firm, posters like r360 swing by to remind me.

by Anonymousreply 361March 10, 2019 6:59 PM

Realistically, it is a waste of resources to prosecute him when they know he will put on a vigorous, expensive defense that will malign the police department and create reasonable doubt as to whether he actually committed a crime. He will argue that he is being framed by the CPD and/or the Nigerian brothers. Moreover, it was a waste of resources to investigate this hate crime hoax when it was clear to CPD it was a hoax almost from the beginning. Couple that with the CPD's failure to investigate ACTUAL hate crimes and to have white CPD officers committing horribly racist acts day-in, day-out. Defense could successfully argue that CPD wilfully used its resources in an overtly racist campaign to vilify and prosecute this black male celebrity, and if he was not a celebrity they would have ignored the crime. Then put this case in front of a Chicago jury that is at least 50% black.

by Anonymousreply 362March 10, 2019 7:12 PM

In fact, Jussie should be commended for raising awareness about the issue. If anyone should be prosecuted, it's each and every one of us.

by Anonymousreply 363March 10, 2019 7:15 PM

What matters is that Jussie does time, to show the severity of his crimes.

by Anonymousreply 364March 10, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote] What matters is that Jussie does time, to show the severity of his crimes.

His crimes are not severe. "Severe" crimes entail injury or loss to another.

by Anonymousreply 365March 10, 2019 7:38 PM

Agreed, r362. If Jussie is guilty, it was a transparent publicity stunt, but the exact same is true of the CPD and Chief Eddie Kardashian. People have claimed that this case diverted resources from cases that needed more attention, which is laughable. If that were true then it's more of an indictment on CPD's incompetence than the severity of Jussie's crime.

by Anonymousreply 366March 10, 2019 7:39 PM

[quote] In fact, Jussie should be commended for raising awareness about the issue. If anyone should be prosecuted, it's each and every one of us.

He's an egotistical idiot whose stunt reminded us that our culture wrongly deifies celebrities. The horrible thing is that if the same hoax had been perpetrated by a black non-celebrity it would not have warranted enough time or manpower to reveal it as a hoax. It would remain an unsolved case.

OTOH, if an obviously crazy white woman killed her children, dismembered and discarded their remains, and then told police that a black man abducted her children CPD would round-up12 black men that evening and encourage her to identify one of them as the culprit.

by Anonymousreply 367March 10, 2019 7:48 PM

Well everyone, we can all go home. r366 with such RAPIER wit has completely, smoked us.

by Anonymousreply 368March 10, 2019 7:49 PM

R368, it's amazing how posters who aren't dim cunts always make the most basic grammatical errors.

by Anonymousreply 369March 10, 2019 7:58 PM

That's all you've got r369? Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 370March 10, 2019 8:01 PM

r369, "dim cunt" and "kardashian this" don't deserve more. You can head home now.

by Anonymousreply 371March 10, 2019 8:08 PM

[quote] in front of a Chicago jury that is at least 50% black.

Have you ever been summoned and appeared for Chicago jury service?

Didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 372March 10, 2019 8:10 PM

Has my boo Jussie gotten a raise yet?

by Anonymousreply 373March 10, 2019 8:56 PM

R357 I agree that is his plan as he knows there are people who will support no matter what as we have seen with Queen Latifah, Ava DuVernay, and Lee Daniels.

by Anonymousreply 374March 10, 2019 9:01 PM

He will be a C List actor on Black tv shows only after this. He chance at a film career is Kaput. He has not admitted to his "mistake" and shows NO remorse. He will be lucky to have any career 10 years from now. He could be a waiter at an upscale restaurant, maybe Oprah or Lee Daniels will open one for him to run

by Anonymousreply 375March 10, 2019 9:08 PM

Jussie is a dumbass. Why would he think that he’d get away with this and get a raise to boot? Jesus he’s so fucking dumb. Has he gotten his raise? Is he well respected now with the blacks and gays? This moron set equal rights back 50 years. Stupid idiot.

by Anonymousreply 376March 10, 2019 9:31 PM

[quote] Have you ever been summoned and appeared for Chicago jury service? Didn't think so.

No. But his defense team will get to 50% through voir dire, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 377March 10, 2019 9:37 PM

Jussie was on drugs too which is very disappointing. Im sure it has impaired his judgement.

by Anonymousreply 378March 10, 2019 9:46 PM

Why do some posters keep posting this, r378? Is this common (or insider) knowledge, or just a littel fanfic?

by Anonymousreply 379March 10, 2019 9:58 PM

R376, there's no evidence that his plan was to get a raise. That's only Chief Kardashian's speculation. Jussie likely did think it would get him publicity, but that's not the same thing as verification that he was angling for a raise. When you look at Chicago's abysmal conviction rate on more serious crimes, it probably felt like a pretty safe bet that he would get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 380March 10, 2019 10:14 PM

r379 gurl you must've missed the assistant prosecutor reading Jussie his whole life story...and reading him for filth by revealing they found evidence he bought molly (designer drugs)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381March 10, 2019 10:15 PM

I still believe that Jussie was trying to damage Trump by implicating MAGA in a homophobic, racist attack. He himself would be the martyr, and would be recognized as doing his part to save the world (per his Twitter page)

by Anonymousreply 382March 10, 2019 10:16 PM

Unpopular opinion: I liked the Jamal character. I don't want them to kill him off. Losing yet another gay character on tv would suck. Can't they just ship him off and then when he comes back next season he will be a recast played by a different actor.

by Anonymousreply 383March 10, 2019 10:17 PM

Not sure that buying molly necessarily = being "on drugs." He wasn't a methhead, was he?

by Anonymousreply 384March 10, 2019 10:18 PM

r383 Empire is reaching its end, they may have a good two seasons left. I doubt they will go through the trouble of recasting Jamal, finding an actor who can pull off his role and sing, when they can easily build out the existing characters and ad new ones.

by Anonymousreply 385March 10, 2019 10:25 PM

R382, I think that's probably the case, too. I think he likes attention, but I think he probably saw things like the Covington incident and thought "I'm going to pull something that no one can deny." If he just wanted publicity, there are so many more options with a lot less risk. Even just setting up a fight and releasing a cell phone recording on a site like World Star Hip Hop would have gotten him a lot of attention.

I also doubt he was prepared to actually press charges when the police told him they had a suspect. I think even if it hadn't been the brothers, he would have found a way to back out of pressing charges. At that point, he probably felt like he was in over his head and just going along with things until he found a way to de-escalate the situation.

by Anonymousreply 386March 10, 2019 10:33 PM

Maybe Empire should have an abbreviated death story for Jussie's character ... found ass up on a massage table in a fleabag motel room, disco lights, GHB, missing meth rocks, vomited into face mask, and two brothers of Nigerian descent as the Good Samaritan tricks who called for help?

Or is that too far fetched?

How about R Kelly as Mr Fister?

by Anonymousreply 387March 10, 2019 10:34 PM

R387, that’s a ridiculous scenario. Nothing like that would ever happen in real life. Come on, that’s so...out there.

by Anonymousreply 388March 10, 2019 10:37 PM

R387 = David Messerschmidt

by Anonymousreply 389March 11, 2019 3:03 AM

Hopefully, there won't be anymore in the Empire to prison pipeline.

by Anonymousreply 390March 11, 2019 3:08 AM

I still can't believe he sat up there with Robin Roberts and told her he's not a stunt queen, when a week later its revealed he's the stunt queen of the century. He has really tarnished the black gay community.

by Anonymousreply 391March 11, 2019 3:52 AM

R391 He has done more damage to gays and blacks than anyone in decades. This dickhead needs severe punishment.

by Anonymousreply 392March 11, 2019 4:02 AM

The frequent mention of the murder rate in Chicago (sadly true) never seems to also mention that a huge proportion of these murders occur in neighborhoods where people will not talk to the police.

How cops can solve a murder where witnesses refuse to help - I don't know.

There was one case where a young woman was riding with several friends in a car. Another car pulled up beside them and a passenger fired, killing the young woman.

All her friends in the car saw the events, saw the car where the shots were fired, but according to the mother of the victim, not one of them would give any information to help solve the murder. The victim's mother knew them all, had begged them all, but no one would help.

However can such a crime be solved and prosecuted without people willing to testify?

I will not and do not ignore the wrongdoing of any Chicago police officer, but to keep bringing up the murder rate without any reference to the "don't snitch" idea does not paint an accurate picture.

Solving Jussie's crime was made easy by the access to street cameras, car service records, and help from the public. But, if the brothers had refused to tell exactly what had happened, I wonder where this case would be.

by Anonymousreply 393March 11, 2019 4:06 AM

R393, the example you use is anecdotal, not necessarily representative of the majority of the cases. Even without the brothers cooperating police still would have had suspects and been able to put together a case (accurate or not). The simple fact of the matter is that they expended an unusual amount of resources on this case.

by Anonymousreply 394March 11, 2019 4:44 AM

[quote] [R391] He has done more damage to gays and blacks than anyone in decades. This dickhead needs severe punishment.

How has he damaged blacks or gays? It is inherently racist to impute the actions of a single black person to all "blacks." Do the many, many white men who murder their wives and children and lie about it until caught do damage to whites?

by Anonymousreply 395March 11, 2019 4:47 AM

[quote]He has done more damage to gays and blacks than anyone in decades.

Well, at least more than anyone in 2019 so far.

by Anonymousreply 396March 11, 2019 5:17 AM

[quote]He has done more damage to gays and blacks than anyone in decades.

MARY! Yes, his hoax did a disservice to real victims of real hate crimes, but it certainly wasn't the worst thing to happen to blacks or gays in DECADES, or probably even this year. People who have a functioning brain and moral/ethical compass are not going to point to Smollett's crime and say "this is typical of blacks and gays." People who use the hoax as "evidence" that most hate crimes are fake and/or most blacks and gays are grifters were already bigoted against blacks and gays in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 397March 11, 2019 5:33 AM

[quote]Solving Jussie's crime was made easy by the access to street cameras, car service records, and help from the public. But, if the brothers had refused to tell exactly what had happened, I wonder where this case would be.

Solving Jussie's crime was made easy by the fact that he provided the police with a home-made spread-sheet of his phone calls, cunningly omitting the texts and calls he made to the Osundairo brothers before and after the fake attack. He was unaware that the police had other ways of obtaining his complete phone records.

I wonder if there is video of him declaring his intention to press charges against the two suspects the police told him they arrested. I wonder how long he had to ponder pressing a case against two white men he knew to be innocent before he learned that the suspects were his accomplices.

by Anonymousreply 398March 11, 2019 5:48 AM

R394

[quote] not necessarily representative of the majority of the cases.

I doubt you can support this statement.

Look at crime maps.

by Anonymousreply 399March 11, 2019 5:49 AM

R395, very eye opening. Good points.

by Anonymousreply 400March 11, 2019 11:36 AM

Here is a funny take on it. What a smug little liar he is! (And what a bad actor, too.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401March 11, 2019 12:18 PM

Jussie continues to be a smug asshole who ruined his life and career. He’ll get what he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 402March 11, 2019 12:37 PM

He should've just started a skincare line. Even in his mugshot, his skin looked great.

by Anonymousreply 403March 11, 2019 12:41 PM

Lawyer for Brothers in Alleged Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Hoax Says They Were ‘Betrayed’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404March 11, 2019 4:29 PM

I suppose from the brothers' perspective that probably feels true. They may have been duped by Jussie just as he duped the public. Still, they'd do well to shut up--it hasn't hurt them so far.

Is this Gloria Schmidt a new lawyer, or the PD who represented them before/during/immediately after their arraignment? I thought she did a good job for them.

by Anonymousreply 405March 11, 2019 5:11 PM

From what the lawyer is saying, it sounds like the "betrayal" was simply the fact that they got exposed. It's not as if Jussie did anything that wasn't part of the plan. They weren't duped in any way.

Incidentally, the lawyer is confirming that the brothers' position is that Jussie paid them for personal training. Obviously, it can be argued that that's bs, but the CPD has been presenting that payment as part of an airtight case.

by Anonymousreply 406March 11, 2019 8:49 PM

I noticed that about the payment; it undermines the state's case pretty seriously.

by Anonymousreply 407March 11, 2019 8:53 PM

The only illegal acts were the letter and the fake report if they weren’t involved in either then although not necessarily innocent they were in fact duped

by Anonymousreply 408March 11, 2019 8:53 PM

R406, they may have been willing participants., but they have confessed and expressed remorse. That puts them in a far better position legally than Jussie. In order for him to keep up the charade that he was legitimately attacked, he has to throw the brothers under the bus. He is not in a good position to do so, considering that they were the first to come clean. If Smollett does not plea bargain, he is a complete and utter fool.

by Anonymousreply 409March 11, 2019 8:57 PM

And we have plenty of evidence that he is a complete and utter fool, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

by Anonymousreply 410March 11, 2019 8:58 PM

Looks like the brothers' lawyer is making the media rounds this morning. She also appeared on GMA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411March 11, 2019 8:59 PM

R409, I wasn't making a statement on which of them are in better legal positions, just that the lawyer claiming Jussie betrayed the brothers makes no sense. They are in a better legal position largely because they were caught first and flipped first, so it's more accurate to say they betrayed him.

And R408, they staged the attack in front of cameras and purchased the materials for the attack. I think it's really unlikely they were unfamiliar with how the rest of the plan was supposed to play out.

by Anonymousreply 412March 11, 2019 9:01 PM

Puss-say Smellit.

by Anonymousreply 413March 11, 2019 9:02 PM

I think a lot of what the Chicago police claim is airtight evidence might be overstated, though. Not just the payment, but as mentioned earlier, Smollett's motives for the attack probably weren't a pay raise. Empire was in a declining state prior to the "attack" .

Is denying that the payment was for the attack part of a legal strategy that benefits the brothers? Could they be charged with something if they accepted payment?

Smollett thought these guys were his friends and they were pretty clearly homophobic. They made an exception for him because they thought they could use him and his fame to advance their careers.

by Anonymousreply 414March 11, 2019 9:12 PM

[quote]Smollett thought these guys were his friends and they were pretty clearly homophobic. They made an exception for him because they thought they could use him and his fame to advance their careers.

And you better bet Mark Geragos is building Jussie's case around this perception of the events. And don't forget we have also have drugs involved, and the brothers are also involved in getting him drugs. That will make discerning the nature of their financial transactions pretty complicated.

by Anonymousreply 415March 11, 2019 10:31 PM

Poor, poor Jussie, taken in by these scheming, homophobic Nigerians. He thought they were really his fwends, but no--they got him hooked on drugs and led him down a path of depravity.

by Anonymousreply 416March 11, 2019 10:34 PM

Since the brothers were among Jussie's main victims, they do deserve to go forth unscathed, but since they are for the most part bad people, they don't deserve any enrichment either.

by Anonymousreply 417March 11, 2019 11:08 PM

That was funny, R401!

by Anonymousreply 418March 11, 2019 11:25 PM

Take responsibility Jussie. Stop being an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 419March 11, 2019 11:32 PM

R417, his accomplices weren't victims. They knew what they were getting into just as Smollett did. They will probably come out of this less bruised than Smollett simply because Smollett was the one who committed the technically illegal acts. There is no credible reason to believe that they were tricked into doing anything, did anything against their will or didn't have a clear idea of what the "attack" was supposed to accomplish.

by Anonymousreply 420March 11, 2019 11:35 PM

Jussie is trying to argue the bros attacked him with gay slurs because they are homophobic. But at first the story was about a racist attack with a noose on his neck and bleach on his skin. So are the bros white supremacists then too?

by Anonymousreply 421March 11, 2019 11:55 PM

If that's what he's trying to do, r421, it's way too late for him to change his story. He'll just make matters worse.

by Anonymousreply 422March 12, 2019 12:05 AM

Reminder When the CPD told Jussie they had two suspects in custody Jussie was ready to press charges. He had no qualms about sending two innocent white men to prison for this fabricated crime.

SO much detail is getting lost as time goes on. The facts are out there. You can try to minimize them all you want. This asshole is tits deep in trouble, deservedly so. And this is BEFORE the Feds throw down charges for the letter. The brothers are only one aspect of this mess, but are now becoming the focus, when the focus should remain on Jussie.

I don't know where all of these of balloon floaters with their alternative facts are coming from (I totally know where they are coming from), but if this is all you really have to show, or "argue", that's a very weak hand. Tell Geragos I say "hi".

by Anonymousreply 423March 12, 2019 12:12 AM

There is no indication that he's trying to argue that r421. There's has been no indication of what his defense will be at all.

by Anonymousreply 424March 12, 2019 12:14 AM

I wouldn't worry about facts getting lost, either. We're not the finders of fact, and I'm sure the State's Attorney's office is working to put together the best possible case.

by Anonymousreply 425March 12, 2019 12:16 AM

R423, Jussie could have just as easily declined to prosecute if they weren't guys he knew. Since he filed the police report, he had to at least put up the appearance of viewing potential suspects. We really only have the CPD's word that Jussie was ready to prosecute.

This isn't a court of law. I really doubt Jussie's lawyers have any reason to argue the merits of the case on a relatively obscure message board. You don't have to be on their payroll to question the narrative that's being pushed. Even taking for granted that Jussie is involved, there are still a lot of questionable aspects to this case.

by Anonymousreply 426March 12, 2019 12:22 AM

You guys! The DL isn't a court of law! Holy shit, I have been duped!

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me r426

by Anonymousreply 427March 12, 2019 12:29 AM

Oh, sit down, r427.

r426, Jussie did indicate that he wanted to prosecute his "attackers." He made a big production of this during his Robin Robert interview--the part where he started crying about how he couldn't stand it if they were never caught and he was just left in a mess while they got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 428March 12, 2019 12:36 AM

Embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 429March 12, 2019 12:40 AM

R428, since he knew there weren't any real attackers, he probably didn't think it was anything he'd actually have to confront. If anything, he probably felt that wanting to prosecute helped sell his story. Remember, at this point, it wasn't a question of who was involved in staging an attack, but whether or not an attack had even taken place.

I guess it's a matter of personal interpretation, but I just don't buy that he actually wanted to prosecute a random person. I think he shocked that anybody was arrested and if it had been someone besides his accomplices, he would have probably just said he couldn't be certain.

by Anonymousreply 430March 12, 2019 12:43 AM

Geragos was just on Anderson Cooper's show talking in circles, but the gist of what he was saying is that all the evidence is against the two guys. And this is true. He also argues that Jussie reused to press charges against them because he couldn't believe they were involved, which somehow suggests his innocence.

He didn't make a lot of sense. The Schmidt person is now on and isn't doing much better. She says the check was for training but maybe also covered the "favor." Too bad they lost the services of their PD.

by Anonymousreply 431March 12, 2019 12:53 AM

Jussies needs sufficient time behind bars to reflect on the mistakes he has made, to maybe get religion, and to somehow put his like back together.

by Anonymousreply 432March 12, 2019 1:35 AM

R423, no there aren't a lot of FACTS out there. There is a lot of speculation, a lot of rumor that people have taken as fact and some outright lies that the Chicago police force has advanced. Just because there are things out there that have been repeated a lot doesn't make them facts. If we're taking everything that's been repeated as fact, the Smollett may not even have anything to worry about in regards to the letter. It was reported that there was evidence that the brothers are the ones who actually sent it. It was also reported that FBI sources said the police were exaggerating and that there wasn't conclusive evidence that Jussie had sent the letter.

by Anonymousreply 433March 12, 2019 7:09 AM

My understanding is the FBI investigation re: the letter is either still underway or they are waiting for this first salvo of charges to be tried to proceed with their bit.

As r426 said: ...there are still a lot of questionable aspects to this case."

Pretty much from the get-go, this has been an advent calendar of weirdness.

Jussie and his pet owie after he "fought the fuck back"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434March 12, 2019 9:19 AM

[quote]The frequent mention of the murder rate in Chicago (sadly true) never seems to also mention that a huge proportion of these murders occur in neighborhoods where people will not talk to the police.

Blacks will always protect black criminals. See Queen Latifah.

by Anonymousreply 435March 12, 2019 12:22 PM

I love Jussie. Stay strong brotha! 👊🏽

by Anonymousreply 436March 12, 2019 12:26 PM

It won't be as easy for Geragos to stack a jury as it was for OJ Simpson's team.

It will be difficult to convince a jury that the Osundairo brothers cooked up a plot this silly, having so little to gain from it, compared to the "victim" who milked it for all it was worth politically and publicity-wise.

by Anonymousreply 437March 12, 2019 12:32 PM

Can someone post a link where it indicates the brothers may be complicit in sending the letter? I’ve been hearing that magazines were found in their apartment a lot, but no corroboration.

by Anonymousreply 438March 12, 2019 1:26 PM

There is no link R438, it was only the magazines found and people speculated.

by Anonymousreply 439March 12, 2019 1:29 PM

Thanks, R439, but that’s kind of what I mean. I haven’t even seen any source saying the magazines were found at the apartment, much less that the brothers were complicit or even considered suspects.

by Anonymousreply 440March 12, 2019 1:32 PM

The magazine information was in most of the press reports detailing what was found in the brothers' apartment. Why don't you google this rather than ask other posters to do it for you?

by Anonymousreply 441March 12, 2019 1:34 PM

I’m not asking other posters to do it for me. I’m asking the people who make this claim to back it up because I’ve seen nothing about it.

Are you always this much of a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 442March 12, 2019 1:50 PM

Yes, you are. And yes, I am.

by Anonymousreply 443March 12, 2019 1:51 PM

R437, in the unlikely event that they don't plead out, he probably doesn't need a stacked jury. He just needs one or two dissenting voices. The DA would look insane retrying this case, as a lot of people already think the potential punishment is overkill.

by Anonymousreply 444March 12, 2019 2:03 PM

Don't they usually take blood samples these cases. Wonder if they showed he was high/intoxicated. That usually discredits a lot of incidents.

by Anonymousreply 445March 12, 2019 2:04 PM

He went to the ER, r445. Surely blood was taken in the normal course, but I suppose there's a question whether the results are discoverable under HIPPA.

by Anonymousreply 446March 12, 2019 2:07 PM

No, r445, intoxication does not usually discredit victims of attacks.

by Anonymousreply 447March 12, 2019 2:10 PM

Except he wasn’t a victim of an attack.

by Anonymousreply 448March 12, 2019 2:12 PM

I wonder if r445 meant that it might mitigate Smollett's lie. The answer is still no.

by Anonymousreply 449March 12, 2019 2:13 PM

[quote]but I suppose there's a question whether the results are discoverable under HIPPA.

Oh, dear!

First of all, it’s HIPAA, not HIPPA. Second of all, that law does not prevent a hospital or medical facility from releasing any patient information under a subpoena.

by Anonymousreply 450March 12, 2019 2:18 PM

Well, aren't you a smart boy, r450. Thanks for enlightening us. No thanks for the gratuitous snark.

by Anonymousreply 451March 12, 2019 2:21 PM

Yes, and you’re welcome.

by Anonymousreply 452March 12, 2019 2:23 PM

[quote]He went to the ER, [R445]. Surely blood was taken in the normal course, but I suppose there's a question whether the results are discoverable under HIPPA

Blood may not have been taken in the ER since his only complaint was a very small facial laceration.

But if it was...the police/prosecutors can easily obtain the results with a warrant, especially since he’s already been charged with a crime.

by Anonymousreply 453March 12, 2019 2:27 PM

Christ, why don't all you cunts simmer the fuck down. There's no reason to be an asshole simply because your boy is going down for a crime he committed.

by Anonymousreply 454March 12, 2019 2:27 PM

Oh, poor thing. R454, logged onto the wrong message board. You can find the Dora the Explorer Fun Friends Forum at nickelodeon.com

by Anonymousreply 455March 12, 2019 2:31 PM

R455, you might consider hiring a professional gag writer because that post was just bad.

by Anonymousreply 456March 12, 2019 2:34 PM

[quote] Jussies needs sufficient time behind bars to reflect on the mistakes he has made, to maybe get religion, and to somehow put his like back together.

Community service will do the trick. No prison time! I will be pissed if he gets prison time for a crime where no money was stolen and no one was injured.

by Anonymousreply 457March 12, 2019 2:42 PM

I liked it... despite the comma placement. R454 definitely has some issues he should be working on. The primary issue possibly being reading comprehension, as you literally have to click on a link that says "join the bitchfest" when coming to this site.

by Anonymousreply 458March 12, 2019 2:42 PM

[quote]I will be pissed if he gets prison time for a crime where no money was stolen

Taxpayer money was used to investigate his false claims. He stole from all of us.

by Anonymousreply 459March 12, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote] I liked it... despite the comma placement. [R454] definitely has some issues he should be working on. The primary issue possibly being reading comprehension, as you literally have to click on a link that says "join the bitchfest" when coming to this site.

Of course you liked it. You wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 460March 12, 2019 2:50 PM

"He stole from all of us" taxpayers only if we live in Illinois. Otherwise, cool your jets,please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 461March 12, 2019 2:56 PM

R460, once again proving her lack of reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 462March 12, 2019 2:57 PM

Smollett defrauded the entire public and he incited racial hatred on national television. He should be jailed for doing that interview alone. People who try to provoke race wars are a clear and present danger to society.

by Anonymousreply 463March 12, 2019 3:01 PM

Let’s pay Reparations to Jussie!

by Anonymousreply 464March 12, 2019 3:01 PM

Let's teach R462 about cookies.

by Anonymousreply 465March 12, 2019 3:06 PM

Yeah, r462, everyone knows about the ignored button. It's one of the defining characteristics of this site... right along with the bitchiness that left you so distraught in your earlier post. You're so busy playing detective, meanwhile there was nothing about that post that suggested I was trying to disguise my identity.

by Anonymousreply 466March 12, 2019 3:28 PM

Umm, R466... you're R462.

by Anonymousreply 467March 12, 2019 3:41 PM

The magazines are listed on the copies of the inventory sheets the police left behind at the brothers apartment...line #1 in this photo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468March 12, 2019 3:55 PM

Starting about a week or two ago, this thread has had some new visitors, and with that, the tone has shifted and there is a "scold" / agenda driven element creeping in that we haven't had in these threads before.

To anyone who dislikes these threads for whatever reason, fine, please scroll on by. However, we are getting FFd which hasn't been the case until recently and it is totally unnecessary.

I trust we can get back the vibe here where it was at turns serious, lighthearted, informative and fun. If that is not a good fit for you, there are plenty of other Jussie threads to visit.

by Anonymousreply 469March 12, 2019 3:56 PM

Well in other news, I'd still fuck THE SHIT out of Bussie, since he is so full of it. From the back too cause he needs that ass smacked. And preferably before he goes to jail so the hole is not completely blown out 😀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470March 12, 2019 4:15 PM

He’s so hot. I’m standing with Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 471March 12, 2019 4:16 PM

[quote] Starting about a week or two ago, this thread has had some new visitors, and with that, the tone has shifted and there is a "scold" / agenda driven element creeping in that we haven't had in these threads before.

Yes, exactly what I meant by "cunts," though once I blocked that one guy, I realized 90% of the comments were coming from him. It's probably Ava DuVernay.

by Anonymousreply 472March 12, 2019 4:18 PM

Thanks r472. I am glad you spoke up, because I was starting to wonder if it was just me noticing it. I was also concerned about our shier posters feeling pushed away and uncomfortable saying anything. If it is Ava, girl needs to get a hobby.

by Anonymousreply 473March 12, 2019 4:35 PM

Jussie Smollett Struts Into Court ... I'm With Geragos!!!

Jussie Smollett strutted confidently into a Cook County Courthouse for a hearing he did NOT have to attend.

Jussie, who's been laying low since he was arrested for filing a false police report, was rocking shades, gloves and a trench coat as he arrived Tuesday. The hearing is really for his attorney, Mark Geragos, to file the paperwork so he can rep Jussie in Illinois -- and also to determine if cameras will be allowed in court for the case.

He wasn't required to be there, but our sources say Smollett chose to attend because he intends to be an active participant in his defense ... and not just an observer. We're also told he's done hiding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474March 12, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote]Community service will do the trick. No prison time!

He has to do some time in prison. Anything less would mean he got away with it. His own words about justice prevailing need to be used against him.

by Anonymousreply 475March 12, 2019 4:53 PM

PLEASE GOD LET CAMERAS INTO THE COURTROOM!

I've been begging for this from what...10 threads ago?

by Anonymousreply 476March 12, 2019 4:59 PM

[quote]We're also told he's done hiding.

She’s getting overconfident and uppity.

by Anonymousreply 477March 12, 2019 5:01 PM

R476 I'm not sure if it is a good idea. Remember he's an actor that would love to play it up for the cameras...I think cameras benefit him more and give him the ability to salvage his career.

by Anonymousreply 478March 12, 2019 5:01 PM

I wonder how long it took him to pick out his outfit and perfect his "court strut" A few days?

by Anonymousreply 479March 12, 2019 5:02 PM

He looks like a fool pimp-walking into that courtroom. Geragos should control him.

by Anonymousreply 480March 12, 2019 5:04 PM

OK, so, next stop on Jussie's No More Hiding tour...Subway! This time, since he's all butched up and has his strut on, he will go for the MEATBALL sub. No more lame salads for "I fought the fuck back" Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 481March 12, 2019 5:08 PM

Yasss queen strut in to the courtroom! I am so here for the diva antics

by Anonymousreply 482March 12, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote] And don't forget we have also have drugs involved

Good point:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483March 12, 2019 5:10 PM

Good point r478. But I am in NEED of it. Maybe he could just not take the stand, and watch him "emote" from the sidelines. I want to see the brothers too of course!

by Anonymousreply 484March 12, 2019 5:11 PM

I love that clip. His whole demeanor screams 'STAND ASIDE. I, JUSSIE SMOLLETT, JOYFUL WARRIOR, HAVE ARRIVED."

What a douche.

by Anonymousreply 485March 12, 2019 5:14 PM

Bad timing for Geragos representation. I'm pretty sure the usual "snitches get stitches" tactics will be less successful, especially since the Geragos clip in Leaving Neverland will have been restored or introduced to public consciousness as record of Geragos promising awful things to people who might speak the truth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486March 12, 2019 5:16 PM

Of course he had to strut. That's what you do after you "fought the fuck back."

by Anonymousreply 487March 12, 2019 5:16 PM

I'll bet Robin Roberts would really like to smack that strut out of him now.

by Anonymousreply 488March 12, 2019 5:18 PM

Walking into court confidently was probably his best option. He actually might have a legitimate shot at salvaging his career. At least pieces of it..

I still say he's likely to just plead out.

by Anonymousreply 489March 12, 2019 5:28 PM

Judge will allow cameras in court room for Jussie Smollett’s hearing on Thursday.

His legal team says they welcome cameras as a counter to the “misinformation” leaked to media.

Defense wants public to see the evidence (or lack thereof).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490March 12, 2019 5:29 PM

Judge allows cameras in the courtroom for #JussieSmollett hearing Thursday. After that the decision to continue will be handed off to a different trial judge if it goes that far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491March 12, 2019 5:30 PM

Thanks r490. And thank you Charlie. That reminds me, Our Boo Rob hasn't tweeted since the 8th. I am worried about our eskiboo.

by Anonymousreply 492March 12, 2019 5:30 PM

I hear echoes of the OJ spectators in that second clip.

by Anonymousreply 493March 12, 2019 5:32 PM

DL lawyers, the CPD says that they have a lot of evidence they haven't presented. Will they be presenting any of it Thursday?

by Anonymousreply 494March 12, 2019 5:33 PM

I've already forgotten the purpose of this hearing.

by Anonymousreply 495March 12, 2019 5:35 PM

Doubtful, R494. At least not the “juicy” stuff. The prosecution lays out its case in a preliminary hearing to prove there’s enough evidence to go to trial.

In this case, the Grand Jury indicted him so that step isn’t necessary.

by Anonymousreply 496March 12, 2019 5:36 PM

One of Smollett’s attorneys, Tina Glandian, didn’t have any objections to media access because “much of the leaked information is actually demonstrably false”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497March 12, 2019 5:57 PM

That's just attorney-speak, r497. Roughly translated, it means blah blah blah de blah.

Demonstrably false isn't the same as demonstrated to be false. If the defense can refute something or other, good on them.

This is going to be a circus.

by Anonymousreply 498March 12, 2019 6:01 PM

When does this spectacle go down on Thursday and who is in for a live-tweet viewing party?

by Anonymousreply 499March 12, 2019 6:06 PM

R497, I keep thinking about why the brothers' attorney wouldn't just confirm that the check was for faking the attack. It was so odd. She wouldn't confirm that the memo claiming it was training was inaccurate, but she also didn't deny that they all may have considered it payment for doing a favor. I wonder what the legal strategy is there?

I think the lawyer is actually correct. A lot of the "evidence" that's been leaked so far does kinda fall apart under its own weight.

by Anonymousreply 500March 12, 2019 6:17 PM

The Nigerian brothers were physically stronger than Jussie, but far weaker mentally. They were made to be suckers by Jussie to take all the blame if there was a problem. Glad they have an attorney fighting for their BLACK rights. Remember, they are 100% black and Jussie is Jewish and Black and has no issue with throwing the brothers down the garbage shoot. Jussie has no real loyalty to anyone but himself. He will screw over other blacks and gays to get for himself. He is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 501March 12, 2019 6:17 PM

Im sure Jussie will be slaying these hoes at Thursday's hearing, with his strut, layed hair, and unbothered attitude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502March 12, 2019 6:20 PM

I'm not sure I understand why the brothers' lawyer is so keen on this distinction, either, unless it's because they look more preyed-upon if the check was for a legit purpose and the tiny little favor of staging the attack had nothing to do with it. If they were paid for the fake attack, they are more knowing participants than if they were gulled into it.

by Anonymousreply 503March 12, 2019 6:21 PM

Do the brothers have the same lawyer that they did initially? Or is it a different lawyer now?

by Anonymousreply 504March 12, 2019 6:23 PM

I think it's another lawyer. The first one was a PD, and I thought she did a good job for them. This one should follow her lead and not make a single peep...but she's beginning to.

by Anonymousreply 505March 12, 2019 6:28 PM

[quote]I think it's another lawyer. The first one was a PD,

I think they are not entitled to a Public Defender anymore, since they are not actually charged with anything as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 506March 12, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote]If they were paid for the fake attack, they are more knowing participants than if they were gulled into it.

I think this is probably the lawyer’s strategy. They didn’t knowingly take money for this...making it less likely they could be charged with anything.

by Anonymousreply 507March 12, 2019 6:51 PM

R505, I suspect it's at the brothers urging. They have reemerged on Instagram, so they're ready to strut into the spotlight , just like Jussie. They were interested in being celebrities and they're currently in a far more sympathetic position with the public than Jussie. I think they are feeling their way around, trying to figure out how they can transition into people in the public eye.

R507 , the CPD was advancing the idea that the check was for the attack after the brothers were already released. One of the reasons it's such a weird sticking point is because the case's star witnesses are contradicting what is supposed to be solid evidence.

by Anonymousreply 508March 12, 2019 6:55 PM

Yes, and it's a pretty good strategy. Better to be labeled gullible than charged as an accessory. The lawyer's still going to have to do some tap dancing to explain why there's so much direct evidence tying her guys to the crime, and so little (except by implication and hearsay) linking Jussie to it. I almost have to wonder if Jussie was clever enough to plan it that way, but then I look at all the incredibly dopey things he's done....

by Anonymousreply 509March 12, 2019 6:56 PM

Someone said Jussie’s motive wasn’t money because Empire is declining. Someone smart would think Empire is probably going to be canceled in a year or two so I shouldn’t ask for a raise. You forget Jussie isn’t smart.

by Anonymousreply 510March 12, 2019 6:58 PM

The lawyer is probably trying to get an immunity deal for the brothers from the prosecutors... in order for them to testify that Jussie paid them directly for the attack.

by Anonymousreply 511March 12, 2019 7:07 PM

Since she's already broadly hinted that that's not the case, r511, that strategy wouldn't be very smart.

by Anonymousreply 512March 12, 2019 7:12 PM

R511, she also said that the brothers are no longer in any legal jeopardy, which implies they've either already made their deal or they don't have to make a deal.

Someone upthread said that they didn't commit an actual crime. Jussie did by filing a false police report.

by Anonymousreply 513March 12, 2019 7:12 PM

The lawyer’s job isn’t to help the prosecutors in their case against Jussie. It’s to protect her clients.

by Anonymousreply 514March 12, 2019 7:32 PM

[quote]and has no issue with throwing the brothers down the garbage shoot.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 515March 12, 2019 7:51 PM

[quote]so they're ready to strut into the spotlight , just like Jussie.

Ain’t nobody strollin’ like me baby!

by Anonymousreply 516March 12, 2019 7:51 PM

[quote]Since she's already broadly hinted that that's not the case, [R511], that strategy wouldn't be very smart.

Please. How many attorneys have you heard standing on the courthouse steps proclaiming their client is “completely innocent and we look forward to vigorously fighting these charges” only to have the client plead out a day later?

I’ve always wanted to be a member of the media when that happens to ask them on camera, “Uh, Counselor, what happened to your client being so innocent?”

by Anonymousreply 517March 12, 2019 7:55 PM

R517, the difference is that their testimony is to be used against someone else. They are the most important witnesses in this case. If they go around claiming one thing via their lawyer and then something else on the stand, Smollett's team could use that to discredit the witness. A witness who has those types of discrepancies wouldn't be a solid witness and no prosecutor would offer immunity in exchange for their testimony.

by Anonymousreply 518March 12, 2019 8:57 PM

Which is exactly why she hasn’t nailed down an affirmative response yet.

by Anonymousreply 519March 12, 2019 9:02 PM

Thanks to r501 for that sophisticated analysis

by Anonymousreply 520March 12, 2019 9:02 PM

R519, she DID give a definitive response. She said the money was for personal training, which contradicts what the CPD says. If she was angling for a deal, she could have opted not to answer at all or just not done any interviews at all. Instead she did categorically say that the check was for training.

by Anonymousreply 521March 12, 2019 9:16 PM

No, actually r521 she most recently waffled a bit and ended up saying something like "a little of both."

by Anonymousreply 522March 12, 2019 9:19 PM

No, she didn't r521. I've seen her interviewed in 3 different settings. In each one, she said that the bros were paid for training and asked to participate in the attack as a favor.

The issue here isn't whether or not the two brothers participated in the attack. The issue is that there is a chain of evidence that supports Smollett's claim that the money was for personal training.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523March 12, 2019 10:04 PM

r521, I read this on a website called News One (News For Us Written By Us) which is easy to google but I can't post the link. In an article posted there yesterday, the lawyer was reported to have told George Stephanopoulos that the check was for training but that Jussie, in conjunction with the check, asked her clients to do him a favor--which was to stage the attack.

by Anonymousreply 524March 12, 2019 10:28 PM

r523 was meant for r522 and written by r521

by Anonymousreply 525March 12, 2019 10:46 PM

Jussie, you owe us a BIG favor!

by Anonymousreply 526March 13, 2019 3:24 PM

"Dial M for MAGA" was great. Start thinking of best thread title for Jussie before this one is full.

by Anonymousreply 527March 13, 2019 4:03 PM

Please use this gif for the next thread, Jussy presenting his mussy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528March 13, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote] He has to do some time in prison. Anything less would mean he got away with it. His own words about justice prevailing need to be used against him.

He's been dragged here, there and everywhere, he didn't get away with anything. He's already been punished to a greater extent than a private citizen. Prison is for criminals who pose a danger to society. Jussie isn't going to sashay anyone to death.

by Anonymousreply 529March 13, 2019 4:11 PM

R527 Well someone who is red tagged a troll had a good one, but now I am squeamish, what say you fellow posters? it was this:

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Going On 16 Felony Counts)

Taking all other names now. Tomorrow this joint should be jumping for his hearing. Does anyone know what time it is supposed to air?

by Anonymousreply 530March 13, 2019 4:17 PM

I always liked the title from a couple of PARTS ago:

Two Gentlemen From Nigeria

by Anonymousreply 531March 13, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote]Jussie isn't going to sashay anyone to death.

Only old grandma Dataloungers who can't handle the excitement!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 13, 2019 4:23 PM

R31 I like Two Gentlemen From Nigeria. The problem is they are actually American, something CWB Chicago has been touchily pointing out. But adding it to the list!

by Anonymousreply 533March 13, 2019 4:28 PM

Our boo is back

"Back on the Twitter grid after a few much needed days off with the fam! Did I miss any big stories?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534March 13, 2019 5:21 PM

Yay! Eskiboo! I was worried. He should have said something! He needs a spanking....

by Anonymousreply 535March 13, 2019 5:31 PM

Thanks R533......it could of course be Two Nigerians From Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 536March 13, 2019 9:16 PM

Looks like Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin knocked poor Jussie off the news. Will he have press for his big day tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 537March 13, 2019 10:41 PM

Jussie walking into the courthouse...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 13, 2019 10:49 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if the press completely lost interest in Jussie and no one turned up tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 539March 13, 2019 10:51 PM

The ChicagoSun-Times reported two days ago that the reason State's Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself from the case and encouraged Police Sup't Eddie Johnson to turn the matter over to the FBI is because a member of Jussie's family reached out to her. The family member lobbied Foxx to give the case to the FBI based at least in part on protecting Jussie from leaks. Foxx advised her ethics staff that the conversation included information about Jussie and she was advised to recuse.

Was this covered here and I missed it?

by Anonymousreply 540March 13, 2019 11:25 PM

I didn’t see that R540.

by Anonymousreply 541March 13, 2019 11:30 PM

March 11 Sun-Times. It just popped up on my google news feed, but I can't link from my phone.

by Anonymousreply 542March 13, 2019 11:33 PM

I remember the recusal but not the details. It was all rather vague at the time r540

In a statement Wednesday afternoon, Chicago Police Spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said, "the FBI was working on that investigation from day one. There was never a point where the FBI could take the entire investigation on because there was no evidence produced to support Smollett's claim of a hate crime."

Smollett is due back in court Thursday, facing 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for filing a false police report. He denies that he asked two brothers to stage an attack against him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543March 13, 2019 11:34 PM

r543, I'm assuming that the reason for the March 11 article was to clarify the reasons for the recusal--it was all very vague at the time and there was a certain amount of carping that Foxx ought to do the job she was elected to do. But if in fact she was told information about Jussie that might influence her, she had no choice to recuse--and even if it wasn't all that clear, the ethics guidelines stress avoiding even the appearance of impropriety.

by Anonymousreply 544March 13, 2019 11:38 PM

She is a nasty lying queen, a disgrace , she will never work again , now call Felicity Huffman and commiserate ....

by Anonymousreply 545March 13, 2019 11:38 PM

Any other title suggestions guys? Maybe we can work Felicity and Lori in somehow, because god knows they haven't had enough attention. Poor Jussie, overshadowed on the day of his strut.

by Anonymousreply 546March 13, 2019 11:43 PM

Damn r543, he's so fucking cute. Such a damn shame!

by Anonymousreply 547March 13, 2019 11:53 PM

On Empire now

by Anonymousreply 548March 14, 2019 12:21 AM

Former Michelle Obama aide, Smollett relative reached out to Kim Foxx

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549March 14, 2019 1:02 AM

Interesting. Will Jussie use the the police leaking information as part of his defense?

by Anonymousreply 550March 14, 2019 1:09 AM

Sorry, Jussie, your scandal is played out. there’s a new girl in town! Two of them, in fact!

by Anonymousreply 551March 14, 2019 1:12 AM

He's probably practicing right now for his big performance tomorrow: "I, the gay Tupac, please not guilty to all charges"

by Anonymousreply 552March 14, 2019 1:45 AM

[quote] the family member expressed concerns about leaked information about the investigation

Lol. The "leaked information" was all about not believing Jussie's story. That's why they were "concerned".

by Anonymousreply 553March 14, 2019 1:50 AM

R549, I have been wondering about his connections to the Obamas, specifically Michelle. I know she really liked him. I was wondering if anything would come out about her pulling strings for him.

by Anonymousreply 554March 14, 2019 2:10 AM

Michelle Obama would tarnish her reputation FOREVER if she lifts a finger for this Jewish, Gay, Self Hating Sociopath. Michelle GURL you in danger.

by Anonymousreply 555March 14, 2019 2:21 AM

It's not entirely clear that Michelle was involved in this.

by Anonymousreply 556March 14, 2019 2:25 AM

Justice for Jussie!!!

Which one of you bitches started this???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557March 14, 2019 2:36 AM

The text of that instagram is about as stupid as anything can be. Support Jussie because.....because....he's being treated more harshly than Paul Manafort. Really? How so, you dope?

by Anonymousreply 558March 14, 2019 2:40 AM

OK, last call for titles, as we are getting close to the mark where phone posting gets weird, and tomorrow will (hopefully) be a busy, juicy, Jussie day. Right now, we have:

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Going On 16 Felony Counts) but...red tag troll did suggest that, so I leave that up to you guys if that disqualifies.

Two Nigerians From Chicago

Going back a couple of threads:

Every Which Way But Noose

Grab 'Em By The Jussie

I am sure there were more from previous posts. But eldergay brain and all that.

by Anonymousreply 559March 14, 2019 3:15 AM

I would like some type of reference to his courthouse strut r559.

On the Run(way)

by Anonymousreply 560March 14, 2019 4:28 AM

I like Grab 'Em By The Jussie

Wendy Williams said he walked into the courtroom like George Jefferson 😂

Sherman Hemsley wouldn't appreciate this jive turkey!

by Anonymousreply 561March 14, 2019 4:35 AM

r560 Yes! More references to his strut would be great! Keep them coming. I have added On the Run(way) to the list.

Oh, R561 I miss Sherman so much. He wouldn't have time for this asswipe for sure.

by Anonymousreply 562March 14, 2019 4:39 AM

This Jussie thing is boring now. Chris Burrous’ fisting death has more sex, and the Felicity - Lori thing has more social justice intrigue.

by Anonymousreply 563March 14, 2019 4:43 AM

The Burrous thread is fun. Here it is if anyone wants a break from Jussie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564March 14, 2019 4:49 AM

[quote]This Jussie thing is boring now. Chris Burrous’ fisting death has more sex, and the Felicity - Lori thing has more social justice intrigue.

Yeah but Jussie is hot at those people are not. I am here for the strutting attitudinal queen.

by Anonymousreply 565March 14, 2019 5:33 AM

Strutting Queen

Strut That Sub

Every Felon Strut Now

Strutting the Short Juss

by Anonymousreply 566March 14, 2019 5:41 AM

What time is Jussie's hearing today?

by Anonymousreply 567March 14, 2019 12:59 PM

Little Miss Jussie, Hitting Her Strutty, Eating Her Subway

by Anonymousreply 568March 14, 2019 1:23 PM

Oh I love that, r568!

by Anonymousreply 569March 14, 2019 1:42 PM

Final voting please, some slight revisions but we have:

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Grab 'Em By The Jussie)

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Strutting Queen, He's on Count 16)

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Strutting on the (run)way)

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Little Miss Jussie, Hitting Her Strutty)

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Two Nigerians From Chicago)

by Anonymousreply 570March 14, 2019 1:48 PM

My vote is for

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Little Miss Jussie, Hitting Her Strutty)

Save this:

[quote]Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Strutting Queen, He's on Count 16)

For when we get to thread 16.

by Anonymousreply 571March 14, 2019 2:19 PM

The pro-Jussie movement is growing. He IS the gay Tupac.

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (No Jussie! No Peace!)

by Anonymousreply 572March 14, 2019 2:21 PM

A lot of black people are Standing by Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 573March 14, 2019 2:24 PM

Thanks R571!

Thanks r572, Title noted for next round! What is your vote for the above finalists for Part 15?

BTW I keep looking for when the hearing is supposed to happen, but total crickets. I wonder if something is up?

by Anonymousreply 574March 14, 2019 2:26 PM

Based on the planned demonstration, I'd guess the hearing's scheduled for 11.

by Anonymousreply 575March 14, 2019 2:28 PM

R573 Why? It's obvious he's guilty.

by Anonymousreply 576March 14, 2019 2:32 PM

R575 What demonstration? Do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 577March 14, 2019 2:36 PM

see r557.

by Anonymousreply 578March 14, 2019 2:41 PM

Ah, thanks r578 Oh boy...

by Anonymousreply 579March 14, 2019 2:43 PM

Fresh litter box at the ready: Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Little Miss Jussie, Hitting Her Strutty)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580March 14, 2019 3:00 PM

Jussie Smollett enters a NOT GUILTY plea this morning and advised that he needs to be in court for every court date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581March 14, 2019 3:21 PM

[quote] Thanks [R572], Title noted for next round! What is your vote for the above finalists for Part 15?

I am not a fan of the titles that feminize him. It feels misogynistic to characterize his decidedly (gay) male act of exaggerated hubris and entitlement as feminine.

by Anonymousreply 582March 14, 2019 3:25 PM

A small clip. I thought there were going to be cameras inside? Am I missing something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583March 14, 2019 3:35 PM

^^ ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 584March 14, 2019 4:16 PM

R583 That was my understanding as well. It's strange there was no cameras. I thought he agreed to it earlier in the week.

by Anonymousreply 585March 14, 2019 4:19 PM

I think all we are going to get are pictures of inside the courtroom today:

#JussieSmollett and his lawyer Tina Glandian enter a plea of “not guilty” to several counts of felony disorderly conduct at his arraignment at the criminal court building. Next court appearance is 4/17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586March 14, 2019 4:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587March 14, 2019 4:25 PM

r585, I think during the Tuesday hearing, the judge said that he was turning the case over to another judge and he would have the final say on whether or not there would be cameras.

R556, that's fair, but if M.Obama was actually involved, I also think this is how it would look. A plausible layer of deniability.

by Anonymousreply 588March 14, 2019 4:26 PM

What a bust today has been...I was expecting to be able to see a great theatrical performance in the courtroom today by the gay Tupac

by Anonymousreply 589March 14, 2019 4:33 PM

Please allow cameras! Please allow cameras!

Jussie and this case is so ridiculous I wanna see it play out on camera!

Think of all the funny memes waiting to be born!

by Anonymousreply 590March 14, 2019 4:34 PM

The footage in r583 is the headline story on the Daily Mail right now. He and his family look so fucking SILLY.

by Anonymousreply 591March 14, 2019 4:38 PM

There was footage from inside the court room on the local Noon news here in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 592March 14, 2019 4:40 PM

I laughed out loud when that footage of the Smolletts and their entourage strode into court. I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd all started snapping their fingers like the Jets.

by Anonymousreply 593March 14, 2019 4:46 PM

[quote]Tchen contacted State's Attorney Kimberly Foxx and asked her to get the Chicago PD to give the investigation to the police

I’m confused about this. She asked the police to give the investigation to the police?

by Anonymousreply 594March 14, 2019 5:32 PM

I'm totally confused about nearly everything. Screw you Jussie.

Part 15 (That we should have been frolicking in until he snatched that joy away from us)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595March 14, 2019 5:53 PM

lmao at r583

by Anonymousreply 596March 14, 2019 5:58 PM

He thinks he's so smooth and fabulous and tough and he's just a fucking dork.

by Anonymousreply 597March 14, 2019 6:10 PM

Looks like he just ignored those (few) people there supporting them.

BTW, it's raining in Chicago today.

by Anonymousreply 598March 14, 2019 7:22 PM

Seriously r598? God he's an insufferable, smug cunt. He is going to fuck this up, just watch. He's getting cocky again. I CAN'T WAIT.

by Anonymousreply 599March 14, 2019 7:24 PM

[quote]Looks like he just ignored those (few) people there supporting them.

Somehow, from him, I wouldn’t have expected anything else. Double-down on your innocence and ignore your few supporters. Sounds like a great plan to rally people behind you.

by Anonymousreply 600March 14, 2019 7:24 PM

Jussie has slowed to a crawl.

by Anonymousreply 601March 14, 2019 7:24 PM

FUCK YOU JUSSIE!

by Anonymousreply 602March 14, 2019 7:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!